2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Resolution response: April 5, 2021

Email to reset password was eventually sent. That does not explain why the password stopped. I will update in a 60 days if cancellation worked and my card is not charged.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Like everyone else, signed up for a 3 month and when I go to stop the auto deduct that will happen in a month or so, I get the PASSWORD doesn't work NONSENSE. My password is autosave and is the same on every website. They are SCAMMERS. They won't get another penny from me. I will cancel the credit card. Simple math. They will NOT send you a password reset link either. Class action lawsuit anyone?

Original review: March 16, 2021

Classmates.com allows users to "unlike" photographs of other members of the site. This allows petty, spiritually and emotionally underdeveloped individuals to express their dislike for a fellow classmate or alumnus of their high school. What a ridiculous feature to allow on a social media site! It seems as though Classmates.com is attempting to engender and promote the same idiotic, "clique-oriented" environment as existed so very many forgotten years ago in high school, working to the detriment of those who have moved on in maturity and wisdom from their naive high school days and working to the advantage of those petty, regressed "popular" kids who express their envy and prejudice through the Classmates.com site by checking off the "unlike" button associated with the photograph of a classmate.

I decided to remove my profile from the Classmates.com site because I don't need or want to put up with the retarded, immature silliness of certain classmates and also the site sponsors, who are themselves oblivious to the rights and privacy of their subscribers. Advice to Classmates.com - Remove the "Unlike" buttons from photographs of your subscribers. Don't give them the opportunity to disgrace and demean other members of their class. This isn't high school anymore.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I cancelled my subscription in 2019 and was actually charged on January 9, 2020 and again on February 5, 2021 even though I do not have a card on file. How am I charged after cancellation/no card on file? I even contacted them after the 2020 charge and they verified it was cancelled but it is not.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This site won't let you see your own classmates photos of their graduation year. Messed up and waste of money. I thought this would be fun but is not, more like frustrating. The site is just a money making site.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I canceled my membership over a year ago. Yesterday morning I was billed $48 through PayPal automatic payments. Even though I never authorized the automatic payments, PayPal refused to file a dispute. Classmates put me on the automatic payments AFTER I had canceled. Calls to Classmates resulted in being on hold only to be disconnected after 15 minutes. Three times! Emails have been ignored. I went to my profile page and wrote the complaint to let anyone viewing my page they are thieves and totally ignoring me. Maybe I will need to contact the BBB or the local police station in Washington.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Tried to cancel hour after signing up because of claims they made weren’t true. PayPal would not cancel transaction. Don’t have a Facebook account so can’t access the items they claim I could do. Were not upfront about what the whole thing entails. Basically they take your money and run.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered a yearbook from them. I was quite excited. I thought that the yearbook on their site was an example. I received the yearbook. To my dismay it is a yearbook from Mount Vernon, Ohio. I contacted Classmates. They don't give refunds or do exchanges. I am totally dismayed and upset. My suggestion. Don't go on their site at all.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I haven’t been scammed by them or anything, I signed up for a free trial just to check the site out, and surprisingly wasn’t charged anything (yet...)! Knowing the reputation, I was fully expecting to be. However, the site is basically useless. I don’t know if it’s coded improperly for mobile browsers (the only ones I’ve used it on), but most of the links merely take you back to your own main profile page, not to the page you intended.

There’s really no way to browse the schools, not that was working for me; I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, maybe it works on older phones? I do doubt it, though. I would click a link to, say, a school’s name, and it would just dump me back to my own profile. Want to check out a yearbook? Too bad; back to your profile. Even when I try looking through my own profile to see which schools I’ve listed, it keeps dumping me back to the main profile page! I remember even the free version letting you look through the lists of users. What happened? Did I lose this feature by paying for the service? Why!?

I think the constant shifts in focus and direction have crippled the coding of the site, nothing works as intended, or at least works in a fashion the average user would reasonably expect to be intended. Oh, slight bit of screwing: Even though I had a free trial, and it claimed it wouldn’t sign me up for autobilling, it did. Luckily I had assumed it would, it was the first thing I checked, so I stopped it. My free trial hasn’t expired yet, I’ll find out if they autorenew me anyway in, like, February, or something. Waste of time, waste of money, even for free. The novelty of what it claims to offer isn’t even there because you can’t actually use the service as advertised!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I joined Classmates.com and tried to cancel the same day after I read Classmates was linked to 700+ on-line scams. I received an “un-refundable membership” e-mail today after three tries. Maybe this company fits into the “almost scam” category!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I took a free trial and my card was charged. I was notified after the fact. I tried to contact them, but got no response. I have cancelled by membership. Perhaps I will have to cancel the credit card if they process it again. A membership charge is the price I paid for not checking reviews out more carefully. There was really no support here. The website was not user friendly. Hard lesson to learn. Beware of this company.

Classmates.com Company Information