2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

1.2/5 (523 ratings)

About Classmates.com

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I constantly get emails indicating old school friends are looking for me from my local high school growing up. I grew up in extremely small town and I was homeschooled and really didn't have many friends. And the friends that I did have I have contact with. I think it's awful how this sites tell you people are looking for you to grab your curiously, then makes you pay so you can try to connect with lost old friends. All they do is take your money while you find out no one is looking for you to begin with. And then they make it a living nightmare to cancel your subscription.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was on Classmates for awhile, until recently, I started being stalked by a crazy person from middle school, yes, you read that right! This person was harassing me from site to site. Most sites offer a block button, not classmates! Too much to ask! After days of this happening by a strange woman named Josephine, Josephina, Jo, Miaetta **. Mind you, I even changed my name to avoid this person! I did finally get in touch with someone who was able to deactivate my account. Classmates did do a follow-up, that person was nice.

Enter Peggy **! Peggy doesn't return calls. Peggy doesn't answer emails, not sure what Peggy does, nothing is my guess! I did ask if this stalker was removed from classmates. I was told that an investigation was happening, as I sent every derogatory email I received to cm! I was also informed that because of privacy, I would not be informed of the results of the investigation! Her privacy! Her privacy! Are you serious? What about my privacy, my life? I guess only a stalker has rights, not the person she threatened or harassed! Peggy is a joke at her job, so is classmates.com. This is the 3rd time I have had an issue with this person and this site! The last too! Update your site and add a privacy button, some people need to stay in the past for a reason!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Not a subscriber of Classmates.com I keep getting profile visit updates from the site. Though, the names of the visitors are blurred I can partially make out the names by the number of letters. What I find interesting, I see the same blurred names whenever I check a new profile update. Same names when I advance to another page. I suspect classmates.com is padding the numbers with fake visitors to get me to signup. I sent feedback to classmates but they don't reply is the response.

Resolution response: April 5, 2021

Email to reset password was eventually sent. That does not explain why the password stopped. I will update in a 60 days if cancellation worked and my card is not charged.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Like everyone else, signed up for a 3 month and when I go to stop the auto deduct that will happen in a month or so, I get the PASSWORD doesn't work NONSENSE. My password is autosave and is the same on every website. They are SCAMMERS. They won't get another penny from me. I will cancel the credit card. Simple math. They will NOT send you a password reset link either. Class action lawsuit anyone?

Original review: March 16, 2021

Classmates.com allows users to "unlike" photographs of other members of the site. This allows petty, spiritually and emotionally underdeveloped individuals to express their dislike for a fellow classmate or alumnus of their high school. What a ridiculous feature to allow on a social media site! It seems as though Classmates.com is attempting to engender and promote the same idiotic, "clique-oriented" environment as existed so very many forgotten years ago in high school, working to the detriment of those who have moved on in maturity and wisdom from their naive high school days and working to the advantage of those petty, regressed "popular" kids who express their envy and prejudice through the Classmates.com site by checking off the "unlike" button associated with the photograph of a classmate.

I decided to remove my profile from the Classmates.com site because I don't need or want to put up with the retarded, immature silliness of certain classmates and also the site sponsors, who are themselves oblivious to the rights and privacy of their subscribers. Advice to Classmates.com - Remove the "Unlike" buttons from photographs of your subscribers. Don't give them the opportunity to disgrace and demean other members of their class. This isn't high school anymore.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I cancelled my subscription in 2019 and was actually charged on January 9, 2020 and again on February 5, 2021 even though I do not have a card on file. How am I charged after cancellation/no card on file? I even contacted them after the 2020 charge and they verified it was cancelled but it is not.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This site won't let you see your own classmates photos of their graduation year. Messed up and waste of money. I thought this would be fun but is not, more like frustrating. The site is just a money making site.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I canceled my membership over a year ago. Yesterday morning I was billed $48 through PayPal automatic payments. Even though I never authorized the automatic payments, PayPal refused to file a dispute. Classmates put me on the automatic payments AFTER I had canceled. Calls to Classmates resulted in being on hold only to be disconnected after 15 minutes. Three times! Emails have been ignored. I went to my profile page and wrote the complaint to let anyone viewing my page they are thieves and totally ignoring me. Maybe I will need to contact the BBB or the local police station in Washington.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Tried to cancel hour after signing up because of claims they made weren’t true. PayPal would not cancel transaction. Don’t have a Facebook account so can’t access the items they claim I could do. Were not upfront about what the whole thing entails. Basically they take your money and run.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered a yearbook from them. I was quite excited. I thought that the yearbook on their site was an example. I received the yearbook. To my dismay it is a yearbook from Mount Vernon, Ohio. I contacted Classmates. They don't give refunds or do exchanges. I am totally dismayed and upset. My suggestion. Don't go on their site at all.

Classmates.com Company Information