Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

1.2/5 (531 ratings)

About Classmates.com

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: June 20, 2022

Classmates will automatically renew your account. I paid $38 for two (2) years membership two years ago. I paid via PayPal. They auto renewed my account this month (June 13, 2022) without sending a bill or email advice it was about to happen. I saw it coming through and contested it with PayPal. They will NOT reverse the charge. I wonder if they are "in bed" together. I have cancelled renewal on Classmates by removing the PayPal option. I also shut down my PayPal account. I have filed a complaint with the South Carolina Dept of Consumers Affairs. Classmates has been left in the dust by facebook and other social media will probably fail in the not too distant future. They will do anything to get money.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Cancelled membership Sept 2018, have confirmation number showing no more credit card payments, membership ran from 2014 to 2018. Got credit card statement for MAY 2022, $60 went to Classmates, checked my credit card history, was billed May 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. Called them to see why and how they were billing, agent said new account was opened with auto pay in May 2019. Advised him I had their services from 2014 thru 2018 and was not willing to pay for their service, I considered it too high price, so I cancelled and that on my account on their website that they could see I cancelled along with email contents.

I advised them, no content in account showing new subscription, so basically they billed me $192 for 4 years. The only reason I caught the $60 charge is because my old CC was hacked and I had a new CC with 0 balance until they charged me $60. I ask for an explanation on how and when they got CC info to bill me, with it being a new card in Jan. 2022. Agent could not or would not explain that. They are a SCAM, do not join.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I was charged a renewing charge for this account and when I called they said it was no refunds. They have this auto-renewal policy in the very, very fine paperwork and then they stick you once a year if you don't check it off with the initial use. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. THEY ARE ALWAYS ASKING FOR UPDATE MONEY ALSO.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Take my advice and DO NOT JOIN! They automatically renew you with no notice or even let you know that you are on auto-renew. And they over double the price of renewal. They are the perfect scam artists! They do not return emails and this is the only way to contact them. They need to be put out of business! BUYER BEWARE! STAY FAR AWAY!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I signed up years ago when the accounts were pretty much free. When they started charging I decided not to continue to use it and unsubscribed. I have unsubscribed dozens of times since then and they appear to have changed their method of unsubscribing. This gives me pause in that they're trying to make it more difficult to unsubscribe. I have recently canceled my account because there is no longer an unsubscribe option and we'll see how long it takes for them to reinstate it.

But In fairness to them I'll make it clear they have never billed me or been able to get money from me. But I continue to unsubscribe, and now cancelled my account, and a couple of months later I'll start getting emails from them again. Very annoying people. The fact that they are putting numbers up there now instead of your email address as having had your account cleared tells me that they are possibly putting new account numbers when they reinstate their annoying emails. I do not consider this group a reputable website.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Classmates.com is making fraudulent charges to people's accounts through a hidden and rarely used Amazon pay section. This review is being made as a warning to consumers about the Classmates.com fraudulent behavior. Check payments.amazon.com for suspected fraud of this nature.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I had subscribed to classmates.com. Cancel anytime so I cancelled prior to the next renewal date. Next thing I know Oct* classmates.com withdrew $18.00 from my bank account which wasn't the account I used the first time. Reported them to the BBB and now having my bank investigate the situation. I've sent numerous emails but no response.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I constantly get emails indicating old school friends are looking for me from my local high school growing up. I grew up in extremely small town and I was homeschooled and really didn't have many friends. And the friends that I did have I have contact with. I think it's awful how this sites tell you people are looking for you to grab your curiously, then makes you pay so you can try to connect with lost old friends. All they do is take your money while you find out no one is looking for you to begin with. And then they make it a living nightmare to cancel your subscription.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Updated on 02/02/2022: This is an update to my previous review. Josephina Miaetta ** has been blocked on all social media platforms. Classmates.com acknowledged that she has a permanent ban on the site. Unfortunately, the stalking still happened and interrupted my life. Your site has some serious issues! I had to threatened to take further steps to have this situation resolved. Some people like to blame others for their life mistakes, and if they are emotionally disturbed, this can be frightening. I can't be on classmates because of a crazy lady stalker from 1981.

Original Review: I was on Classmates for awhile, until recently, I started being stalked by a crazy person from middle school, yes, you read that right! This person was harassing me from site to site. Most sites offer a block button, not classmates! Too much to ask! After days of this happening by a strange woman named Josephine, Josephina, Jo, Miaetta **. Mind you, I even changed my name to avoid this person! I did finally get in touch with someone who was able to deactivate my account. Classmates did do a follow-up, that person was nice.

Enter Peggy **! Peggy doesn't return calls. Peggy doesn't answer emails, not sure what Peggy does, nothing is my guess! I did ask if this stalker was removed from classmates. I was told that an investigation was happening, as I sent every derogatory email I received to cm! I was also informed that because of privacy, I would not be informed of the results of the investigation! Her privacy! Her privacy! Are you serious? What about my privacy, my life? I guess only a stalker has rights, not the person she threatened or harassed! Peggy is a joke at her job, so is classmates.com. This is the 3rd time I have had an issue with this person and this site! The last too! Update your site and add a privacy button, some people need to stay in the past for a reason!

Original review: July 6, 2021

Not a subscriber of Classmates.com I keep getting profile visit updates from the site. Though, the names of the visitors are blurred I can partially make out the names by the number of letters. What I find interesting, I see the same blurred names whenever I check a new profile update. Same names when I advance to another page. I suspect classmates.com is padding the numbers with fake visitors to get me to signup. I sent feedback to classmates but they don't reply is the response.

Classmates.com Company Information