2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Classmates.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I tried Classmates.com for 1 month in November 2019. I didn't like it so I canceled my subscription. Now 2 months later they are charging me again. These people are desperate and can't be trusted. I tried to cancel again and now there is no option to cancel. I emailed them and told them to cancel me again so they emailed me back and said we will cancel your free subscription. If it's a free subscription I have why are they charging me???

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

After my dad passed away I ordered a copy of his high school yearbook. I thought it would be a nice keepsake. To be fair Classmates.com does indicate that the yearbook will be a reprint. What I expected and what I got were worlds apart. Blurry pictures and most of them tiny. There were 11 blank pages. I remember my dad's yearbook and this "reprint" is a horribly weak effort. And the cost? Only $99. When I emailed my concerns what I got back was, "we told you it was a reprint, thanks for understanding." My understanding is that I got a cheap money-grab representation of my dad's past.

Joseph

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have similar experience. Recently been charged 72.00 automatic renewal after 36 months when I have not had access to information on the Classmates site since early 2019. Beware of the agreement statement. Further the site is not worth the money anyway. It's a big "come on" with promotional email like "guess who is checking you out". Most schools now have their own Facebook page where you can interact with your former classmates. When challenged Classmates comes up with that agreement statement. So beware..the customer service is terrible. I keep getting emails how to cancel subscription but no answer to the issue, that is, the refund of 72.00. It's just not worth the further headache.

I should have checked out the reviews; I am more vigilant about ratings and reviews today but back in 2017 I was unaware. Please please do not subscribe or use the company. If you do at discounted rate be sure to go back in to accounts and cancel your subscription. Additionally I was told (after I made a complaint to BBB) there was 2 accounts. Be vigilant when using this site. Also if you use PayPal close any automatic payments so a company like this cannot come back years later and charge your account.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I am so disappointed and angry at Classmates.com. I joined last summer and paid the $7.50 for a 90 day membership just to look at my old yearbooks. I did NOT sign up for automatic renewal yet I just found 2 additional charges on my debit card from them, one in Aug for $15 and one yesterday for $18. I tried to log into my account to see what's going on and it wouldn't accept my login even though it was auto-filled in chrome. I tried to use the forgot password option but the site says they have no record of an account for my email address, even though it's the same one they inundate with multiple emails per week about new messages and visits to my profile. I tried clicking the profile link in one of the emails and magically logged me in, but the messages were only more spam from them asking me to sign up for a paid membership. This confirms that I do NOT Have a paid membership with them, yet they're still taking money from my card! Just... what?

I went to the account section to try and shut down my entire profile and wouldn't you know, the site then logged me out and wouldn't let me log in again. Can't have people cancelling their memberships, I guess. I tried contacting them via the form on their site about the charges and no surprise, I didn't get a response. This company is a full blown scam. I've disputed the charges with my bank and had to get a new debit card. Let's hope they don't somehow get ahold of my new card number, if I see any more charges from them I will be contacting a lawyer. Yes, I am petty enough to sue over this. This is fraud and theft, plain and simple. My bank was able to find a contact number for them, if anyone else needs it it's 206-301-5900. I haven't called yet but I have a feeling I'll get no answer or the same run-around others have gotten.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Had been a member for a couple of years, off and on. They would tell you that you had a new message in order to get you to sign up again. So I did, but it ended up being a message I'd already received, and read. The last straw! They sent me a message from an old high school friend who passed away 7 years before the "message". Total scam!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Stay away from this site. The owner or owners are greasier than maggot puke. Delete all records you have for this con and check your PayPal and credit card accounts to remove Classmates.com. This website will take your money and the site may function for a day or so then disappears.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Beware of this website. It will automatically enroll you in a renewal. I didn't even have the same credit card number. When I called them they said they had a no return policy and I knew it would be going through because they sent an email a month ago. No email was ever sent. It's a scam to collect 48.00 a pop from the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Customer service is nonexistent...can't find a phone number, the directions for closing the account don't work; you send a message on the details of your problem thru their website and you get an instantaneous message telling you to do what you just told them didn't work!! Stay away from this site....

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

No advanced notification for the automatic renewal to allow cancellation of membership. They just keep charging your card and raising the membership fee.

Very deceptive business practices. Customer service is almost non-existent. The phone number listed just goes to voice mail. Steer clear of this website.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

My credit card was charged membership fees for 2 years even though my Classmates account had been expired last year. I could only email the support team because I couldn't find a phone number on their site anywhere. They gave confusing information. First, they couldn't find the credit card it was charged to, tried to tell me it may be a family member using my card. Wrong. Then they reversed this year's $48 charge and the next day told me it was not refunded by Classmates.com, but by my bank. My bank said it was refunded by the merchant. Do you guys know what you're doing over there?!

The $39 charge from last year (which I only discovered this year) is just my loss, they refuse to refund it even though my account was expired all of last year. I asked how I can be sure this won't happen next year and was advised the credit card information has been deleted from my Classmates account. So, I guess they were able to find my credit card information after all. You can bet I'll be looking for a charge from them next year. I am not satisfied with the outcome. Do not buy this membership as a one-time or auto-renew because they will take your money each year regardless. Terrible company!!

Classmates.com Company Information