Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

1.2/5 (539 ratings)

About Classmates.com

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Noticed a 60.00 charge from PCH.Classmates I did not authorize this charge, for those that has a membership with Classmates.com I suggest that you cancel membership before this happens to you. They will not give back refunds. I guess I was lucky. Normally they have been unauthorizing charges on other members for between 72 and 78 dollars. Funny part is that they don't ask if you want to renew, they just assume you want to renew, (bad business) so beware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

These people are cons. I paid for a trial of 90 days and that was it but they charged me again. I looked at other people's reviews and they were all bad. They will and have ripped guys off. Why do good people have to go through this.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So I cancelled my subscription the day it was to renew. I called them to confirm the cancellation and a refund, because I don't want another 2 years with their service. I was essentially told too bad, read our policy, etc. This was on the day of the cancellation of the subscription. I'll never use their service again. They can keep the $100 bucks. Hope it was worth it for them,. Because I will let absolutely everyone I know within earshot about their predatory attitude and callous 'customer service'.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I had subscribed for a three-month period at a rate of $9. Today, I found out that Classmates had automatically renewed me for three months at a rate of $18! I had seen renewal rate of $7.50 - so this unrequested charge of $18 is totally unreasonable. I was told I could not get a refund. Classmates is totally fraudulent in its dealings with its members. I did not receive any notice I was going to be charged $18. They are auto-renewing members and that is totally unfair and should be stopped! The rate is only $9 for three months - how are they getting away with charging $18? They should be investigated. So many people have been victims of Classmates and they should be stopped!!!! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have to add negative experience to the 100's of others. Note, no one gave them a higher rating than 1 1 star. (totally dissatisfied. I signed up for an "introductory" price of $9.00 for 3 months. I did NOT authorize automatic renewals. A few days ago they charged my new Visa card that I only had for 2 months the new $18.00 renewal fee. I did NOT give them this new account number and I don't know how they got it. I had closed my old Visa acc't. I contacted classmates via e-mail. They did respond but refused to refund my money. I advised them that they apparently got my new acc't number through fraudulent means.

Obviously it does NO good to complain to this company so I sent a formal complaint via e-mail to the Washington State Attorney General Office, Consumer Affairs dept. crcmail@atg.wa.gov. Classmates is domiciled in Washington so I figured this is the best place to complain. They did reply to my complaint so I am going to hold it for 45 days before I follow up. I think a complaint to the state attorney genera's office is the best course of action. This company should be put out of business!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

If you are a member of Classmates, watch out for the "AUTOMATIC" renewal feature. If you are on automatic renewal, the new renewal amount has been increased ENORMOUSLY and it is not refundable. Classmates sends out an abundance of emails from what I feel are "fake" visits to my Classmates profile. It's always the same person with nothing to say. So, after a period of time receiving emails on a daily basis, I eventually started ignoring emails coming from Classmates. That was not a smart thing to do because somewhere in one of those daily emails that I began ignoring was an obscure email that stated they would be increasing the renewal fee from $32(+-) to $96.00. I had not been watching my emails closely and got caught automatically renewing my membership... $96.00 gone before my eyes.

It is just my opinion, but I believe Classmates knows that if they send out numerous emails, eventually people will start ignoring them and that is when they have an opportunity to sneak in a notice of their increased membership fee. Then they refer you to the Terms of Service that says membership fees are not refundable. I am just here to say, play it safe. Do not opt for the automatic membership fee or you might get caught with a lot of money taken out of your account before you are wholly aware of it. I think it is a bad way of doing business and now I will never use or recommend Classmates again.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I have been a Classmates.com member for a very long time, hoping the user interface would improve as time went on. It has not. I believe the original publishers of the site sold to an investment group quite some time ago and product improvement abruptly stopped. If you’re patient and hit enough characters, you just might be able to get it to cooperate and find the info you want. Just don’t expect much except the bill being paid like clockwork. Great idea poorly implemented!

Original review: June 28, 2022

Auto charge was processed to my account on June 27, 2022. Today, the 28th I called to cancel and get a refund. But was told if I read my contract they do not issue refunds. So they have my money for a Two year subscription I no longer want. It seems like I was getting quite a few visits to my account by the same people time and time again. I can't believe they would visit 5 or 6 times without leaving a message. My thought was somehow these visits were manipulated at their end to keep my account busy..

Original review: June 20, 2022

Classmates will automatically renew your account. I paid $38 for two (2) years membership two years ago. I paid via PayPal. They auto renewed my account this month (June 13, 2022) without sending a bill or email advice it was about to happen. I saw it coming through and contested it with PayPal. They will NOT reverse the charge. I wonder if they are "in bed" together. I have cancelled renewal on Classmates by removing the PayPal option. I also shut down my PayPal account. I have filed a complaint with the South Carolina Dept of Consumers Affairs. Classmates has been left in the dust by facebook and other social media will probably fail in the not too distant future. They will do anything to get money.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Cancelled membership Sept 2018, have confirmation number showing no more credit card payments, membership ran from 2014 to 2018. Got credit card statement for MAY 2022, $60 went to Classmates, checked my credit card history, was billed May 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. Called them to see why and how they were billing, agent said new account was opened with auto pay in May 2019. Advised him I had their services from 2014 thru 2018 and was not willing to pay for their service, I considered it too high price, so I cancelled and that on my account on their website that they could see I cancelled along with email contents.

I advised them, no content in account showing new subscription, so basically they billed me $192 for 4 years. The only reason I caught the $60 charge is because my old CC was hacked and I had a new CC with 0 balance until they charged me $60. I ask for an explanation on how and when they got CC info to bill me, with it being a new card in Jan. 2022. Agent could not or would not explain that. They are a SCAM, do not join.

Classmates.com Company Information