2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I joined Classmates.com and tried to cancel the same day after I read Classmates was linked to 700+ on-line scams. I received an “un-refundable membership” e-mail today after three tries. Maybe this company fits into the “almost scam” category!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I took a free trial and my card was charged. I was notified after the fact. I tried to contact them, but got no response. I have cancelled by membership. Perhaps I will have to cancel the credit card if they process it again. A membership charge is the price I paid for not checking reviews out more carefully. There was really no support here. The website was not user friendly. Hard lesson to learn. Beware of this company.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Signed up for the trial, then billed my credit card without asking! When I called they said they would refund the money and NOT do that again! Never refunded money and no longer sent me email even though I have paid through Nov. Rude man handling the call. Scammers! Sad they use our happy high school days to rip us off!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I signed up on Classmates.com as a free trial offer. They put me on their automatic billing system without telling me or my consent. Just yesterday I noticed they charged my credit card $62.83. I immediately emailed them and requested a refund and to close my account with them. They responded by telling me how to close the account myself but did not address my refund in any way. I am a senior with limited monthly funds and can't afford to throw away $62.00. If anybody knows how to get Classmates.com to give me my money back I would appreciate on knowing how to do it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

There is nothing on this site helpful. Fraudulent charge was made for $18.00 with no explanation. The phone number listed isn’t a company & no answer. Do yourself a favor; don’t subscribe. I finally cancelled after many attempts & hopefully fraudulent charges will be removed & no others will occur.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I am a paying member on Classmates. It is the worst website I have ever belonged to, every time I try to do anything I get, "OOPS something went wrong!" I would not recommend this site to anyone!!! ** Skull and crossbones!!! NO! NO! NO!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Paid for the upgrade then got shut out. "David" has been saying "technical difficulty" for a month. I've asked to be removed from the Classmates website and they won't remove me. I can't get in or out.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I never bothered paying to sign up for their "advanced" features. But almost immediately after signing up with them, I found my spam escalating. In the maybe 2 months I've 'been with them', it has more than doubled.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Always go to the store and purchase a prepaid credit card to sign up for this. It will cost you about $5 to purchase a card but then they cannot automatic renew your subscription. Because they will try! Read other reviews. Just purchase a $25 card and sign up, then promptly use up balance on something else. Well worth it!

Original review: May 4, 2020

This company will show you purchasing one thing and send you something else. They also will tell you it is a reprint and it looks like a book from the 1920's. The quality is poor and shows they need up to date equipment. I only wanted them to send me the correct year book. I even offered to pay for shipping back to them and Peggy said, "It is yours, you have to keep it. We don't do returns." I wasn't returning it, it was an exchange. Return is getting your money back.

Classmates.com Company Information