2. Miscellaneous

Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I cancelled my subscription in 2019 and was actually charged on January 9, 2020 and again on February 5, 2021 even though I do not have a card on file. How am I charged after cancellation/no card on file? I even contacted them after the 2020 charge and they verified it was cancelled but it is not.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This site won't let you see your own classmates photos of their graduation year. Messed up and waste of money. I thought this would be fun but is not, more like frustrating. The site is just a money making site.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I canceled my membership over a year ago. Yesterday morning I was billed $48 through PayPal automatic payments. Even though I never authorized the automatic payments, PayPal refused to file a dispute. Classmates put me on the automatic payments AFTER I had canceled. Calls to Classmates resulted in being on hold only to be disconnected after 15 minutes. Three times! Emails have been ignored. I went to my profile page and wrote the complaint to let anyone viewing my page they are thieves and totally ignoring me. Maybe I will need to contact the BBB or the local police station in Washington.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Tried to cancel hour after signing up because of claims they made weren’t true. PayPal would not cancel transaction. Don’t have a Facebook account so can’t access the items they claim I could do. Were not upfront about what the whole thing entails. Basically they take your money and run.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered a yearbook from them. I was quite excited. I thought that the yearbook on their site was an example. I received the yearbook. To my dismay it is a yearbook from Mount Vernon, Ohio. I contacted Classmates. They don't give refunds or do exchanges. I am totally dismayed and upset. My suggestion. Don't go on their site at all.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I haven’t been scammed by them or anything, I signed up for a free trial just to check the site out, and surprisingly wasn’t charged anything (yet...)! Knowing the reputation, I was fully expecting to be. However, the site is basically useless. I don’t know if it’s coded improperly for mobile browsers (the only ones I’ve used it on), but most of the links merely take you back to your own main profile page, not to the page you intended.

There’s really no way to browse the schools, not that was working for me; I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, maybe it works on older phones? I do doubt it, though. I would click a link to, say, a school’s name, and it would just dump me back to my own profile. Want to check out a yearbook? Too bad; back to your profile. Even when I try looking through my own profile to see which schools I’ve listed, it keeps dumping me back to the main profile page! I remember even the free version letting you look through the lists of users. What happened? Did I lose this feature by paying for the service? Why!?

I think the constant shifts in focus and direction have crippled the coding of the site, nothing works as intended, or at least works in a fashion the average user would reasonably expect to be intended. Oh, slight bit of screwing: Even though I had a free trial, and it claimed it wouldn’t sign me up for autobilling, it did. Luckily I had assumed it would, it was the first thing I checked, so I stopped it. My free trial hasn’t expired yet, I’ll find out if they autorenew me anyway in, like, February, or something. Waste of time, waste of money, even for free. The novelty of what it claims to offer isn’t even there because you can’t actually use the service as advertised!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I joined Classmates.com and tried to cancel the same day after I read Classmates was linked to 700+ on-line scams. I received an “un-refundable membership” e-mail today after three tries. Maybe this company fits into the “almost scam” category!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I took a free trial and my card was charged. I was notified after the fact. I tried to contact them, but got no response. I have cancelled by membership. Perhaps I will have to cancel the credit card if they process it again. A membership charge is the price I paid for not checking reviews out more carefully. There was really no support here. The website was not user friendly. Hard lesson to learn. Beware of this company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Signed up for the trial, then billed my credit card without asking! When I called they said they would refund the money and NOT do that again! Never refunded money and no longer sent me email even though I have paid through Nov. Rude man handling the call. Scammers! Sad they use our happy high school days to rip us off!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I signed up on Classmates.com as a free trial offer. They put me on their automatic billing system without telling me or my consent. Just yesterday I noticed they charged my credit card $62.83. I immediately emailed them and requested a refund and to close my account with them. They responded by telling me how to close the account myself but did not address my refund in any way. I am a senior with limited monthly funds and can't afford to throw away $62.00. If anybody knows how to get Classmates.com to give me my money back I would appreciate on knowing how to do it.

Classmates.com Company Information