Classmates.com formerly Memory Lane

1.2/5 (547 ratings)

About Classmates.com

Classmates.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Classmates.com?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

MAYBE 20 years ago Classmates.com might have possibly been a useful and relevant website but here in the 21st century with social media giants providing MUCH better features -- allowing users to look up, connect, post / view personal media and communicate with just about anybody, anywhere in the world FOR FREE, Classmates.com archaic website and features (available ONLY with a paid subscription), is about as relevant and useful as a rotary-dial telephone.

I signed up for a free Classmates.com account just to see what was available and, within 10 minutes, knew that the time I spent enrolling was nothing more than a wasted 10 minutes. Want to see a classmate's profile? Subscribe to a "premium" account. Want to see who visited your profile? Subscribe to "premium". Literally, NOTHING on Classmates.com is free. In comparison, went to FB, searched for my high school classmates, sent Friend Requests and have connected with several without spending a single penny.

I personally can't think of a single "pro" to mention about Classmates.com and, based on other reviewers' comments concerning "unauthorized billing", inability to stop recurring charges, no refunds (even though the recurring charges were supposedly stopped) and, useless customer support, Classmates.com appears to be more of a money-grabbing scam website than anything else.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I called to request a refund and was told I couldn't get a refund. Instead my membership would be continued for another year. I had never received a notice that my membership was coming up for renewal. I got nowhere with my effort. Finally, I told my credit card that the charge was fraudulent and that I had never authorized.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I paid $18 for a 3 month subscription & just saw another $18 charge to my card for “automatic renewal”… I DID NOT want, nor did I select, automatic renewal!! I just called them (206-301-5900) & after being on permahold for 40 minutes, I was told by Kaley that on page 2 of their agreement it states that your subscription will automatically renew until you go into your account & select “manual” renewal. She said it also states “no refunds”… I did not see, nor read, page 2!! Buyer beware if you decide to join Classmates.com.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I cancelled my membership to this horrible site many months ago. I also cancelled the auto renewal! I looked at my checking account this morning and I had a charge from "Classmates" again. I called immediately and was told I could not have my funds returned. I no longer have the IT company or email address I had when I joined Classmates therefore I cannot get into the site. They are a complete rip off to anyone that joins! I graduated in 1967 in Memphis, TN. I have had 104 of my classmate to die since graduation! I do not suggest anyone join this service for any reason at all!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

They advertise things that they don't actually have. They don't offer any benefit that I can see with their service. I turned off auto renew right after I signed up. When I signed up it did not say anything about a promotional offer, but when they auto renewed me even though I turned if off months ago they also doubled the price. They will not refund the charge, even though the charge is still pending because it just happened today.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The weirdos think it's a dating site and Classmates.com doesn't care. You cannot block people who are bothering you. I am unable to feel safe now. CM doesn't respond to reports either. I will not renew and I hope nothing happens

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I signed up one time for ONE year only and now I am fighting a 96 dollar renewal fee that they took out of my Paypal account that I DO NOT WANT. This is a SCAM COMPANY and for those of you reading this, they make it YOUR PROBLEM because I actually CALLED THEM about this and once they find out you are protesting this charge, they put you on hold with the automatic voice telling you that there are 58 calls ahead of you. And it's on YOUR DIME! DO NOT EVEN respond to this horrible company and for sure don't give them access to your Money in any form and in any way! SHAME on you Classmates.com for being such a Scam operation! I am going to go on ALL the review sights and tell people how AWFUL you are!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Noticed a 60.00 charge from PCH.Classmates I did not authorize this charge, for those that has a membership with Classmates.com I suggest that you cancel membership before this happens to you. They will not give back refunds. I guess I was lucky. Normally they have been unauthorizing charges on other members for between 72 and 78 dollars. Funny part is that they don't ask if you want to renew, they just assume you want to renew, (bad business) so beware.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

These people are cons. I paid for a trial of 90 days and that was it but they charged me again. I looked at other people's reviews and they were all bad. They will and have ripped guys off. Why do good people have to go through this.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So I cancelled my subscription the day it was to renew. I called them to confirm the cancellation and a refund, because I don't want another 2 years with their service. I was essentially told too bad, read our policy, etc. This was on the day of the cancellation of the subscription. I'll never use their service again. They can keep the $100 bucks. Hope it was worth it for them,. Because I will let absolutely everyone I know within earshot about their predatory attitude and callous 'customer service'.

Classmates.com Company Information