3.76/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

3930 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I've had RushCard for many years and managing my finances has been easy to do. I've had some false transactions they helped me with. Also, my direct deposit gets deposited a few days sooner and it's easy. RushCard has been an awesome experience.

RushCard response

Hi Daphnie. We are glad that you are continuing to enjoy your RushCard. Thank you for the feedback that you have shared.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I like RushCard because it’s cute and it’s really convenient. I’ve had one for 12 years. I can use it for everything like a regular bank debit card. I used RushCard when I got my home because I didn’t have a regular bank account at that time. I also use it to pay bills and shop online. I also have my employer check direct deposited into that. The process is really easy if you have some computer knowledge.

I used to have a lot of interaction with the team at RushCard. However, recently, I had to go through hell and high water to try to get somebody to talk to which is a real irritant. Before, I just push eight and it was a go but now, I can’t talk to anyone and it’s a big issue with me. Another issue is the automatic bill pay which I don’t trust RushCard. I had issues when I first got the card earlier in the year. I can’t detect when the bill is going to be paid. Also, when it came around time for me to resolve an issue with someone, their customer service continues to pass the buck. I have to wait so many days before they’ll address the issue again so I don’t use it in that aspect. I would not recommend RushCard to my friends but I will recommend it to a teenager who's just starting off.

RushCard response

Hi Darlene. Thank you for the feedback you have shared. We appreciate you as a loyal customer to RushCard after all these years. Also, please know we have customer service agents available on social media as well as over the phone. On social media our agents are available Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm EST. We hope this helps.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I’ve been a RushCard holder for over six years and have a bit of my finances that goes to it to deal with my daily bills and it's easy. I use the direct deposit and I also use it for online purchases. Plus, I like that part of my payroll comes early, so that helps me take care of the things that I need to. But the only problem I had with it was a couple of months ago. In the past, I could go to the Post Office, get money orders and use my RushCard but all of a sudden, I couldn't. It was an embarrassing moment for me because I knew the money was there. I called them about it and they just told me I couldn’t use it at the Post Office anymore.

RushCard response

Hi Sharon. Thank you for the feedback you have shared. We appreciate it and appreciate you for being a loyal RushCard customer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I had a bad experience with sending money to my landlord. Somehow my money got lost in cyberspace and RushCard did a great job in investigating and giving my money back. If it wasn't for them giving me my money I might be in the street... Now I would like to win the sweepstakes that keep coming on my phone. That would be nice.

RushCard response

Hi Janelle. Thank you for this great feedback. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and are always here to help.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I called in to submit a dispute on my card and I had to repeat myself over and over and was asked the same questions over and over. Joe was so rude and unwilling to help me. I will make sure no one I know ever use your card services.

RushCard response

Hi JoAnn. We understand your concern and are sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us a private message so we can get you some further assistance. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Always great customer service... Love that I'm able to view my exact balance after every swipe... I like that there's no overdraft. I've never had a problem with a deposit or theft. They have many loading options, I've never used the check picture feature.

RushCard response

Hi Helarie. We appreciate the feedback that you have shared with us. We are glad that you are enjoying your RushCard and the features the card has to offer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've been with RushCard for over 5 years and it has definitely been a great journey and beneficial in so many ways in my life. I love being a loyal RushCard member and will continue to be until the well runs dry. The different styles and beautifully decorated cards are so convenient.

RushCard response

Hi Whitney. We appreciate you as a loyal RushCard customer. Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy using you RushCard.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Back in June of 2017 I was a victim of many in my area of someone stealing my credit card information from a local gas station and duplicating a card. I was able to pause my card after getting notifications that my card was being used but I was at home. Even though I submitted a dispute form with the police report case numbers, they still denied my dispute.

I filed a rebuttal 2 months ago and have yet to hear anything. Now when I call they say that they can not discuss my case with me because it is still being reviewed. What is so hard about contacting the police department so that they can tell them that this is a legitimate dispute. I have been a member since 2003. It happened once before a few years back but I was able to get my money back quickly. I should have left them then. I will definitely be taking RushCard to court if I do not get my money back soon!

RushCard response

Hi Candice. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this situation for you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’ve had RushCard for two years and it has the convenience of not having to deal with banks. But in order to build a real opportunity, I have to be with a real banking institution. So, my first opportunity, I’m going to a real bank.

RushCard response

Hi Viola. Thank you for the feedback you have shared. We appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

You guys are great. This card has carried me through many years. I never have any problems. If I do, the issue resolved with quickness. The price monthly is fair. Overall I am satisfied and always recommend this card to my co workers who want to get with direct deposit.

RushCard response

Hey Adrienne. Thank you for the feedback you have shared. We are very glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard. We appreciate you as a loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I am somewhat happy with card. Great thing about card is employer check is received two days before payday. The pink card I have always get compliments of being pretty. The only downside of card is security. The big mishap with cards being frozen and no way to get money out was pretty frightening.

RushCard response

Hi Kedra. We appreciate the positive feedback. We are pleased to know that you are enjoying your RushCard!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I love my RushCard. I just wish Rush would do something like a credit card with minimal limit to qualifying customers... meaning... loyalty with RushCard.... consistent direct deposit with account... or something like an overdraft protection. I have been with RushCardsince 2008. I have even had other prepaid card companies try to make me switch or should I say encourage... but I still to stay with RushCard.

RushCard response

Hi Teaundra. Thank you for being a loyal RushCard customer after all this time. We appreciate you and appreciate the feedback you have shared.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have never had any issues with my card but a couple times. And that was when you were updating your system. Customer service isn't always the easiest to speak with. I do have issues with placing online orders. My card will be declined with most places online. Do not like that since I don't like to carry cash. On the days I cannot leave for lunch, makes it very difficult to order food since my card will not work.

RushCard response

Hi Ashlee. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please know we also have customer service agents available on social media from 9am to 5pm EST every Monday through Friday. If you are having issues with your card please do not hesitate to reach out to us so we can help you out.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been a RushCard member for quite some time and I have not had too many issues with the use of my card. My card was compromised one time and although RushCard did not refund my account there were a few other people who have been compromised more than one time and I am impressed that I have only had that one issue with my card.

RushCard response

Hi Terrell. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. If any issues come up with your card please do not hesitate to reach out to us! We are here for you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

RushCard went into my account sometime back and took money out my account without my knowledge, to credit another account that I had that was in the negative. How can a rush card go in the negative. It's a pre-pay card.

RushCard response

Hi Kenneth. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you regarding this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Not a bad card to have. Acceptable wherever I go. I've only had one bad incident since being a member which now has been 9 years. That included a large refund not being released, the hold up was on RushCard side. It caused great hardship at the time. I now have a separate local banking account for business transactions. Overall not a bad card to have. One of the highlights is receiving your funds early!

RushCard response

Hi Tara. Thank you for the feedback you have shared, we appreciate it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Been an active member for a long time and love this card!! Wish I could win one of those prizes though, lol but seriously, I am truly a satisfied customer! Thanks guys! I look forward to continuing using the card and will also recommend to my family as well as friends!

RushCard response

Hi Laqucita. Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad you are continuing to enjoy using your RushCard and the features the card has to offer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Hey RushCard I would like to let you know that I've been very pleased with the uploading check with the camera. Since then I did not have to wait in long lines and also avoided being charged a lot of money to cash my checks. So far the RushCard has been pretty convenient for me but, I've been having a little trouble with finding a bank or atm that does not charge you money to take off the card. That's why I rated it 4 stars instead of 5. Thanks RushCard.

RushCard response

Hi Ria. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard and utilizing the features your card offers. To find fee free MoneyPass ATMS near you, please visit the MoneyPass website at www.moneypass.com. We hope this helps.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been with RushCard about 10 years and I have never won anything I really liked. When he would put funds back on the card on the 15th that helped people out. I would like to win something from them one day. It makes me want to change banks at times.

RushCard response

Hi Sherrie. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you as a long time RushCard customer. To be entered in our current sweepstakes, continue to use your RushCard to be entered for a chance to win! For any more information regarding the sweepstakes please visit our website at www.rushcard.com.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been with RushCard for over 3 years now and I love having it. I like the early direct deposit only thing I would like to improve is a lot more fee-free ATM’s available. Also I hope you offer more and memorable rewards to your loyal customers.

RushCard response

Hi Brandi. Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate it and appreciate you as a loyal customer. Please continue to check out the MoneyPass website for updated locations of where there are fee free MoneyPass ATMs located. We hope this helps.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am very pleased with my RushCard, couldn't be without it. Thanks RushCard. I never have a problem. It's always convenient. And works great state to state. I have friends and family who would say the same. It's just a great way to keep money and pay your bills. Thanks.

RushCard response

Hi Reba. Thank you for being a loyal RushCard customer. We appreciate you and the feedback you have shared!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Every time I call it's always a operated machine. Never can talk to a live person. My money was taken off my card without my permission and I couldn't get help with this and I'm very disappointed with the service I had.

RushCard response

Hi Shundra. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can get you some help. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am very pleased and have no problems with your services. When I need assistance you are very helpful and friendly. I have been with your company for a long while and I have no complaints. Your service is very professional and helpful. Thank you.

RushCard response

Hi Edythe. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a loyal RushCard customer! We work hard to be sure our customers are satisfied with our product. We are glad to know you are continuing to enjoy using your RushCard.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have had great experience with the RushCard, I haven't had any issues with for the period of time I have had the RushCard. I would recommend it to anyone who has never had a RushCard and it's really easy to manage your money with it and you can use it for whatever you want.

RushCard response

Hi Kashira. We appreciate the positive feedback. We are pleased to know you are enjoying your RushCard and the features the card offers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

On October 1st a new card was mailed to me. I called Rushcard to change my address on 10/4 or 10/5. Rep told me I had to go online too do so. Did that 10/5. On 10/27 called back because I was unaware a card had been mailed to me on 10/1. All I Know the month was about to end and I hadn't received a new card because my old one was about to expire. With that being said on 10/27 Customer service said the card was sent back to rush card due to old address still in system. Mind you when I called on 10/4 10/5 Customer service never told me a card had been already sent. To go ahead and do the address change so I could receive my new card on time... So I did that. Still all month long no card.

So finally on 10/27 Customer service advised me the card had been returned to rush. So I asked to get the card mailed to updated address. Ok that was that. My payroll check deposited on 10/28. Went to check my balance on the deposit date and nothing was there. I was never told by Customer service my old card wouldn't be active on my deposit date. Moral of the story I had to pay UPS a $35 fee plus whatever you all charged me for shipping. I went through lots of pain and suffering because I had bills that were due and I always pay my bills. This really put me in a bad situation far as my kids and I are concerned. I had to go out and borrow money to pay my light, water, and cable bill... Something I never have to do when I've worked so hard and had $907 available to me that I couldn't touch... until my new card arrived.

I was and am not pleased about this situation. Because you all had the new address so why wasn't the card mailed back once it was delivered back to you all.... Also my phone number is updated in the system.... No one reached out. No one called... When that card was mailed back. How could you not and my payroll check was still active for direct deposit. I had to get food from my mom to feed my kids that weekend because I am a single mother raising 3 kids. And I can only afford to grocery shop every other week. I spend to make it last every other week... I've been a customer since 2011. This really put a lot of pain and hurt in my ???? because I work so hard... And for this to happen I am just not pleased at this time. YOU ALL DROPPED THE BALL.

RushCard response

Hi Takeshia. We understand that your funds are important to you. With renewal cards, they are automatically issued at the beginning of each month to be sent out to the address on file. If the address is not updated in time, in will unfortunately be sent back. When cards are sent back, they are blocked so that there is not a card out in the mail that could be accessed by any one other than you. This is done to ensure the accounts remains secure. If you are having any further issues please send us a private message so we can help you out. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Go to RUSHCARD.COM and I have to change password daily. No text alerts and my phone is able to receive them. They keep telling me that they will expedite my account so that I could go online and they never do. Always repeating what they say and never get to go online.

RushCard response

Hi Lazonia. Please send us a private message so we can get take a further look into the issue you are having. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I got my RushCard because I was having a hard time getting a bank account set up. Once I received my card I never looked back. I love RushCard, I wish I could win some of the contest you guys put out there but to no avail. I will keep my RushCard as long as they will have me.

RushCard response

Hi Lillian. We appreciate the feedback you have shared. Thank you for being a loyal RushCard customer.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I feel that there shouldn't be a fee charged every time we use our card as a debit or credit when we swipe it at the store or use it online. You already take a fee from us using the ATM machine and that's understandable because you have to make your money but otherwise I am satisfied with the service.

RushCard response

Hi Doris. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Just wish I could win some of the free money that is being handed out. Also cards could be more durable. But I can't complain. It's better than using my local bank. I've been a member for a long time and really never came across typical problems you would run across at a bank. Thanks RushCard.

RushCard response

Hi Fred. Thanks for being a loyal RushCard customer. We appreciate the feedback that you have shared with us.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The only problem I have is that you can never call from your phone to hear from customer service, it's very irritating. Overall I will give the company average grade of C. Once resolved then I can give a better grade to the company. Beside that all is good.

RushCard response

Hi Varel. We appreciate your feedback. Please know in addition to our agents available from calling 866-787-4227, we also have agents available on social media every Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm EST. We hope this helps.

RushCard Company Information