Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

Hello Vanessa. We agree, RushCard is a pretty good service and we work hard for our customers. Thanks for providing your thoughts regarding your RushCard experience!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

It was convenient using RushCard. Instead of getting my funds for a paper check, I do direct deposits, pay my bills and online purchases through it as well. The RushCard team is very friendly and helpful. Customer service and everything has been fine.

RushCard

Hey Delores. Thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts on RushCard. We will certainly take your insight and share it with our team!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I’ve been using the RushCard and it's very convenient. I just deposit money into my account and I’m able to use it whenever I go someplace. I can keep up with my finances better and make sure I don't go into overdraft. And when I call them, I'm able to get through and get accurate information. They just have to reconsider the charge of a dollar for every use, especially for those long-time users of RushCard, maybe drop it down to 50 cents. That would help a lot.

RushCard

Hey Christopher, we are excited to hear that your RushCard has been a source to allow you to save money! We work hard to ensure our services are good for our customers and we are please to see you enjoying your experience!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I've had a RushCard for a long time and this card is pretty cool. At the beginning, I used to keep money in my pocket and I will spend it. Once I start spending, I will just keep spending. But now with the RushCard, it helps me manage my money better. Once I put my money on the card, I don't touch it. So I can save money from month to month and just let it pile up. I can keep check, I have the text alert sent and online account. So, I know what I'm doing, how much I'm spending, I can keep track of what I was putting in there. I also use it to pay bills and make online purchases. There’s just once when somebody made some online purchases using the money from my account. I had to call in and get that straightened out. RushCard handled it and returned my money back to my card. RushCard is the card of my choice.

RushCard

Hey Paula, thanks for providing your insights regarding your RushCard experience.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I've had Rushcard for several years and with them, I don't overdraft. However, it says I'm allowed to pay bills but I'm not able to. I may have the wrong routing number or the card people don't take debit cards. Also, I have to go into dispute and there's no option to ask for customer service. It used to be that I can press option 8. Now I have to press a number that doesn't pertain to it. Nevertheless, I'd refer Rushcard to a friend and I'm very satisfied.

RushCard

Hey Amanda, thanks for the positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was an employee at RushCard and I got the card. At the time when I joined them, it was hard to get a bank account and so I was able to use the card as a bank account. I could easily go online to check my statuses, make transfers and pay bills. It’s also easy to make a deposit if I had to do a transaction quickly. And, I use direct deposit frequently and it’s very convenient. The experience has been excellent and fabulous. I love RushCard.

RushCard

Hey Melenee! Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback. Keep an eye out, you may be the next winner!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've been an member for several years and yet have any problems with My card. I get direct deposit and get my funds ahead of my pay date. I truly love my RushCard. Ps. I would love to win finally win a trip, I'm in so need of a vacation??? Thank you!

RushCard

Hi Terri. Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know you are enjoying your RushCard. Please be aware that we advertise that deposits can post up to 2 days early. With that being said, it is unfortunately not guaranteed that deposits will post at the same exact time each pay period. We posts deposits as soon as we receive them from our depository bank. I hope this helps. If you have any further concerns feel free to reach out to our customer service team at 866-787-4227 or on social media. We have social media agents available Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm EST. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I like the company based on the early deposits and they are convenient, but the deposits actually sometimes don't come on the card until Thursday instead of Wednesday. I notice this has happen at certain times. I would appreciate more response from customer service based on the appropriate deposits that is not submitted by Wednesday.

RushCard

Hey Tenisha, please send us a private message and we can take a further look into your issue.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Every time I swiped my RushCard I got charged so I wasn't able to manage my finances better with it. They should have a savings account. I couldn't even use my card to pay bills or make purchases online because the companies that I wanted to pay declined when I used it for online transactions since they don’t take prepaid cards. I used direct deposit to load money, but on some days I got my money, while on other days I didn’t. Two weeks ago, RushCard had a computer error and I got my money a couple of days late. When that happened and I had to call in, the customer service reps were very rude and talked to me in any type of way, and I didn’t like that at all. They didn’t take their jobs seriously. I would recommend RushCard if they had a savings account. But I'm very dissatisfied with RushCard and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone because they charge too much money for a direct deposit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

RushCard

Hello Tanganika. Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your RushCard experience. We certainly appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I been a Rush member since 09 and I love it. The only problem I ever have with it was a last month with trying to change my pin but other than that I love it. It's a big help to me when it's time to do anything... Thank you RushCard.

RushCard

Hey Jared! Thanks for the positive feedback. We would certainly appreciate if you change your rating or feel free to send us a private message where we can further assist you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I've had RushCard since 2014 and they're okay. I get my paychecks faster with RushCard and I use the direct deposit. It's also easy to use to pay bills or make online purchases.

RushCard

Hey Techelle! If you head over to https://www.rushcard.com/fee-chart you can take a look at the two different fee structures regarding your RushCard. If the fees are bothering you, you may want to go ahead and change to a different plan. Thanks for giving your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I've had a RushCard for a few years now and I use direct deposit, which is easy. RushCard is great and I get my money fast. But every time I'm using the card, I don't get a large amount off so I keep on swiping and they keep on charging fees. Also, if somebody’s putting the money back on the card, a certain amount of money is taken off, then I go to the place and they place it back on the card but Rushcard makes me wait so long or asks me to fax something stating that they sent the money. I don’t like that and it's all BS. Other than that, I have no other problems and I’d recommend people to get RushCard.

RushCard

Hello Gloria. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have to complain and hope I get a answer or resolution!! I have gone through checkout and used my card to pay and my card was rejected! I indeed have the funds so that didn't make any sense! I called Rush. They too said I had funds to pay... this happened more than once. I felt embarrassed because I knew the money was there and I had a line, and other times more than one manager.

RushCard

Hey Daniel! Thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have had RushCard for going on 5 years now and I think it's so awesome. Never had a problem at all with them. They are very nice people. I recommend them to anyone that's wanting a RushCard. I really enjoy mine a lot. I actually do get mine 2 days early.

RushCard

Hey Melissa. Thanks for your loyalty and we certainly appreciate you taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard experience.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have only had a problem one time and even that was taken care of right away. I have been a RushCard member for some time now and I am very please with their service. I love the fact that I can get my check early.

RushCard

Hey Katrina. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The customer service is less than mediocre and that is to say with the highest points, charges to be disputed have to be WRITTEN in by correspondence?? How long does that take to process, meanwhile you the customer are left holding the bag. To be charged 1.00 to make a 1.00 purchase is also another slap in the face to the customer... bad business. Grade F.

RushCard

Hey Faye. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

A text came to my phone about bill pay for 512.00 dollars on one card and 12.91 on the other, so I tried to log into my account to see who was taking money from my accounts. It was showing my accounts was closed so I called RushCard and all they could tell me is that corporate sent something for my accounts to be closed. I keep asking why and they could not give me a valid reason. I have been dealing with them for over 4 years. They told me I have to wait 7-10 days and I should receive my money in the mail. This is a bad time because hurricane Irma is suppose to be hitting SC and I can't do anything because I don't have my money. They could've contact me or send a text out telling to remove my money off the cards within a time frame.

RushCard

Hey Wilbert. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I tried to call one day concerning a issue I was having with my card. And for the life of me I could not get to a real person. The automated service just kept repeating itself and I could not get through. That was very frustration just trying to get a human being. Our society has gotten so technical it gets out of touch with the customer. Please correct this problem when you can or try calling for yourself.

RushCard

Hey Alauna. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have had a tough time trying to get a hold of a live person. My card is crack and I need a new replacement, I can not get through the automated system, and can not speak with a live person, and I still need help.

RushCard

Hello Latrice. Thanks for your loyalty and we certainly appreciate you taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have been a members since 2013 and have become increasingly satisfied with RushCard since that time. My payday is now 3 days earlier thanks to RushCard and the representatives may have accents, but they are knowledgeable and for the most part, helpful and invested in their customers' satisfaction.

RushCard

Hey Maria! Thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Love my 6 years with RushCard. Any issues I had they take care fast. Love the team work too. Plus every year that past is much better with new ways. Can wait to win someday in any of their giveaways. Thanks for everything. Great services always.

RushCard

Hello Dawn. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

The only problem I have with customer service is I can't talk to a live person. Been trying for over an hour to figure out how to actually speak to a live person about my payroll deposit and all I ever get is the stupid recorded voice.

RushCard

Hey Tabitha! Thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I love getting my paycheck 2 days early. It helps me out a lot with my 2 boys who always need something for sports and gas to get there. Thanks a lot for helping my family out! I get paid only twice a month. The weeks sometime go into 3 weeks making it difficult until now. Again thanks RushCard!

RushCard

Hi Eugene. Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding your RushCard.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I love my RushCard. I can always depend on my money being direct deposit. The people at RushCard always very good with answering my questions and concerns. Thank you RushCard. My only card I use. I tell all my friends, "You should get a RushCard and don't worry anymore."

RushCard

Hey Caprina. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I filed a discrepancy on charges that I did not approve, and even after their investigation RushCard APPROVED the dispute in favor of the other company. Reason being they show auto order shipped and not returned. I didn't order them, I didn't received them and yet my money was taken from my account. VERY DISAPPOINTED

RushCard

Hey Ayesha. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I don't like when the card company does an update and I don't have access to my funds. I believe that we should still be allowed access to our funds even though the system is going through an update. I was out of town stranded without funds once.

RushCard

Hey Johnquna! Thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts and opinions regarding your RushCard!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I really love being a customer. You guys are awesome. I really wish you had advances until next payday and yearly awards for loyal customers that would really help out. Also more free atm and no limit on withdrawal. Again I really enjoy being a customer of Rush for 15 year +. Thank you.

RushCard

Hi Mary. We appreciate you taking time to write your thoughts and feelings regarding your RushCard.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I love my card, it helps me do everything I need to do. My only complaint is there aren't enough No-Fee ATMs around for me to use. Please negotiate with more banks and ATM owners to make this possible for me and other RushCard owners. I have also referred RushCard to friends.

RushCard

Hey Victoria. We agree, RushCard is a pretty good service. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have had a RushCard for a few years now and it is very convenient and easy to use. I use it to pay bills and to shop with. If I ever had an issue or question there was always great customer service. I would definitely refer anyone to use RushCard.

RushCard

Hi Olukayode. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard and the features it has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

This is the best prepaid bank ever. I don't even use my real bank card that much anymore. I always receive my money on my account earlier safe and sound all the time. Thank you guys for your services. Y'all are the best out of the pool of the very bests.

RushCard

Hey Vinneca. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

It takes too long to get someone on the line to talk to. Not enough ATM with no fee. My limit to how much I can withdraw changed without me knowing and why is there a fee for every transaction.

RushCard

Hi Gowens. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard and the features it has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

So far everything is good. The service and people are great. I have had my card since 2013 and the service is good. I have had friends apply for and received their cards and they love it. I would recommend your card and service to everyone. Thanks for the time and service.

RushCard

Hey Ashley. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I called in to you guys on Sunday because I was having an issue with my card. There is no way to speak with a live agent besides hitting zero many times. The agent was not helpful and my card ended up being confiscated at an ATM because of the agents direction to use another ATM. Then afterwards I was charged $5 for a new replacement card which isn't fair because I lost my card following the directions of the agent. At least once a year I have an issue with getting money off of my card. I was trying to get money off of the card for medication and was unable to. Because the system always fails and I don't have access to my funds and how rude and unreliable the agents are, I am now looking for a bank. I chose a RushCard because I like the fact that I can load money on to it at any time and because I get paid a few days earlier but now it just not worth the trouble.

RushCard

Hello Marvis. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

RushCard is a joke. My card was blocked and I had to pay to get it replaced. When I told RushCard not to block my card because I had bills to pay the next day so I'm dealing with late fees but I will not use RushCard again!!!

RushCard Company Profile