Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

Hey Joseph! We are excited for you and glad to be a part of your family! Thanks for taking time and showing your support!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Best deal I've ever gotten so far in my life so thank you RushCard for everything you have done for me and my family and my father and mother. Thank you as well as my sister's house. Thanks to Rushcard we were able to pay all of our bills on time and right away so thank you once again rushcard for everything.

RushCard

Hello Jessica. It is great to know that you are utilizing your RushCard and that it is helpful to you and your family!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I've been with RushCard for 7 years now. I have all the RushCards. It's a great debit card. I pay bills online. I buy things online. My children order things. My taxes come on my RushCard each year. I recommend this card to my friends? and family.

RushCard

Hello Natasha. We agree, RushCard is a pretty good financial option and the Refer-A-Friend program is a great way to let others know about the great financial opportunities you are receiving.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Love RushCard. Best choice I've ever made. The customer service, the time the deposit posts to the card is very good. I've been a member since 2004. Almost when the rushcard first became avail to have and I have never had any issues that were major that I can remember. I will refer anyone I know to become a member of rushcard. I will tell anyone that it is a good card to have. I pray I can win the monthly thing they have lol. But it's a awesome card! Rushcard rocks!

RushCard

Wow Patricia, we certainly appreciate your kind words and even more your loyalty to RushCard. We work hard to ensure customer satisfaction and you certainly are one satisfied customer!

Original review: May 4, 2017

First of all I like to thank Mr. Russell Simmons and his staff for creating a banking system for peoples who had a hard time getting majors bank accounts. I join the RushCard Family in 2012 and til this day still there. I read good and bad comments but they have nothing to do with me. Yes they do if they can go out their way to satisfy a customer. Now my bday is in June it's the 26 and I fell in the category with getting my payday before the first with direct deposit. Every year before the first I get my deposit on my birthday. It may not fall that way for everyone. But I am a satisfied customer and will never leave RushCard unless they go out of business.

RushCard

Hello Tashima! Thanks so much for your positive feedback and support of RushCard! We work hard to ensure that our customers have a easy and gratifying experience.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Great experience with RushCard. Received card in the mail very quickly. Enjoy receiving text messages of balance. Like being able to have access through app. Like all the alerts. RushCard allows you to do direct deposit for tax check and receive couple days earlier.

RushCard

Hello Ericono! With RushCard deposits can arrive up to 2 days early. This is completely dependent on when the deposit file is received. Send us a private message and we can look further into your issue.

Original review: May 18, 2017

They said it pays up to two days early. It's the day of and still no payment. RushCard sucks. When or will I be getting my money so I can pay bills or will my lights be off because RushCard. Also my water, what will I do? I bet Russell doesn't have this problem or the person that will be reply, if I get a reply.

RushCard

Hello Kema. When a dispute is submitted, it is standard operation to close card and replace it with a new one so nothing further can be done on your account. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Someone stole $140 off my card at food lion. I called Rush Card to dispute the transaction. They cancelled my card, didn't tell me. Then I get paid yesterday only to find out I can't use my card. Call Rush Card and I get the worst customer service ever. They sound like records that keep repeating itself. They wont put a supervisor on the phone. They told me I had to pay $30 to get express cash which takes 6 hours to process. I've been waiting and calling and everyone I talk to tells me it takes 6 business hours. Now that the 6 hours are over they are telling me it's something with the corporate office and I need to wait 6 hours. They keep trying to talk over me to repeat the same bs. And I still don't have my money.

I hate Rush Card and will not ever refer them to anybody. I've been a member since 2008 and yes it's been other little stuff that has bothered me but never this bad. I guess I put up with it because I got paid on Tuesday instead of Friday. But I will be back Friday to pay asap. I'm so pissed off right now and hate I ever dealt with them in the 1st place. Don't ever use Rush Card.

RushCard

Hello Monique! We certainly apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message and we can further assist you with this issue.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I have been with RushCard since 8/2012 and decided to use them for all financial transactions in 2016. First thing happened I received my tax refund and someone stole $1200 off my card. After 12 days I received my funds back and I still have not heard from investigation department. Then I recently tried to pay my medical license renewal which didn't go through but the money was available to pay. When calling to inquire about it I have been told several stories from RushCard when I will receive my funds and they are all different. It is going on 2 weeks and when I ask to speak to a manager none are available. I am shutting down this card and shredding it ASAP.

I have been with RushCard since November last year. I had a company take money outta my account and made a dispute. They cancelled my card without telling me and then SAID they were gonna send me a new card which I DIDN'T ask for. I got a deposit and can't access my funds at all. No need to mention I stayed in the phone multiple hours a day for four days. This is the worst company I have ever done business with.

RushCard

Hello Natasha. Please send us a private message and we can work through this issue further.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I called RushCard in April of 2017 to file a dispute. I did that by filling out the dispute forms & uploading them to the RushCard email for disputes which I filed April 7, 2017. They didn't receive the forms until April 18th & few people told me I would receive provisional credit in 10 days which would've been the 2nd or 4th of may.

Now they blocked the new card they had sent me ending in ** but I disputed my card ending in **, won't give me an explanation why my card was suspended & that they won't tell me why the account was closed I've disputed. It's confidential my **! They can't tell me anything but I was the one that disputed it! They are a fraudulent company and I never want to deal with them anymore. Don't ever say to somebody they will receive provisional credit on a certain day & then close the case & say you will NOT be granted credit!... ** I outta here! RushCard sucks! Russell Simmons, I thought you knew how to handle your business but I guess not!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

RushCard

Hello Ajata. I certainly apologize for the hassle you have gone through. I took a look at your account and see that you have received the first $25 promotional credit. You are also enrolled in the Pay As You Go plan, which charges $1 per transaction for up to 10 transactions per month. If this is an issue you can certainly switch to RushUnlimited, which only charges a monthly fee of $7.95 per month and is reduced to $5.95 per month if you are enrolled in direct deposit. All of this information is in your cardholder agreement and available on our website at www.rushcard.com. Please send us a private message and we can discuss this further with you.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I do a lot of internet shopping so I a few pre-paid debit card. I saw a commercial for RushCard so I ordered one. I loaded $20 just to go ahead and activate it. RushCard gets $9.95 off the top. So when I applied for the card online, it didn't give me an option to put in my promo code. So I called. I don't know how I got a number to get to an actual human. But finally after me continuously going through this automated service I googled myself upon a number that allowed me to talk to someone. I had a promo code for $50. But I must didn't read the fine print. It was $25 upon activation and $25 for direct deposit.

DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!! OK so $25 within 24hrs. Cool. The money was deposited. So now about this $1 transaction fee. I used my card on a DAILY BASIS so this would not be a good card for me. So out of the money I loaded and the $25 promo RushCard got $14.95. After reading quite a few direct deposit reviews I'm a little hesitant about doing so. So I won't be getting the other half of my promo. Great idea. But who is winning here? Oh and it took $4.95 to load it at the Family Dollar!!! The Pause Button is good though.

RushCard

Hey Rita, we agree RushCard is a pretty helpful service. We will pass along your suggestions to our technical support team and see if we can make these adjustments.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Love getting my check on Wednesday. I never have to worry about my deposit being made on time. I miss the ATM reimbursement for anything that was over $10.00. The App is great, very easy to use, straight very forward. Would like to be able to transfer to and from other financial institutions.

RushCard

Hello Marilyn. I apologize for the inconvenience. Know that we are working hard to ensure our services work well for our customers. We will pass your information forward so we can get this issue resolved quickly.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I've been a RushCard member since 2013. I had my husband and son sign up for RushCard to make transferring money easy and fast. It was great... at first. The transfers took about 20 minutes. Recently, they've increased to 30 minutes and just last night it took about 3 hours. Not only that, my husband received his payroll deposit yesterday and it stayed in pending status for about 2.5 hours before actually posting. The benefits that were awesome are not so anymore.

RushCard

Hello Maria. I apologize for the hassle. When a transaction needs to be disputed, we ask that you complete an Unauthorized Transaction or Error Allegation form. This form will help us begin the formal dispute process (also called a chargeback).

1. We advise Visa of the fraud.
2. Visa advises the merchant.
3. The merchant investigates and, if possible, sends back the signed sales slip to Visa.

4. Visa then returns the merchant's response to us for further investigation.

*If we do not get a response from the merchant, your card will be credited. However, the merchant must have ample time to respond, which is why the process can take up to 90 days to resolve.

Please send us a private message and we can take a further look into this issue for you.

Original review: May 10, 2017

On 04/23/17 someone was somehow able to get into my account and withdraw $480 from my account while I was home and my card in my possession. I called Rushcard the moment I noticed the text of the transaction. I faxed, uploaded into my acct and emailed the dispute form as instructed. I was told not to worry, that the Rushcard team would handle the investigation and that I should receive a provisional credit within 5-10 days. On 05/06 I received an email requesting I call only to be told that the investigation concluded no error in my account therefore no money will be returned to me. No credit granted. $483! Gone??

I was asked to send a rebuttal letter which I have but at this point I am feeling hopeless and broke. I have been a member for 13 years, and was content with Rushcard until this experience. I never imagined this would happen. Nor that my service and loyalty to Rushcard would be dismissed in this way. What am I suppose to do now! Their customer service could only apologize for my loss and said there is no more they can do!! Why bank with Rushcard/MetaBank if you are not secure?

RushCard

Hello Laura. We certainly apologize for the hassle you have gone through. I took a look at your account and see that you have received the first $25 of the promotion. In order to receive the remaining $25 note that you will need to enroll in direct deposit and have a deposit of at least $100. Please send us a private message if you have any further questions.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Very disappointed. I have been going round and round since last week getting nowhere every time I call customer service about my 25.00 dollar deposit that was supposed to have been on my card. Every day I call and get a different answer. You have to wait 24 hrs. You have to wait for over the weekend. You have to wait two business days. This is not right!!!

RushCard

Velecia thanks for taking time to provide your thoughts and feelings regarding the RushCard service. In regards to the savings, while we do not have an official savings account where interest is earned, take a look into our Rush Goals program here https://www.rushcard.com/faq/rushgoals where you can set aside funds.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I’ve had RushCard for four years. I wanted to have something different from my bank cards. So, if I didn't want to give out my bank information, I could use that in turn. With it, I can pay bills and cellphone line as if I’m using actual credit on my debit card. I just enter in the same personal information, and then, it's either approved or declined. But they need a savings account so when you direct deposit, some money can go directly into that. The overall experience has been very good, except some time in '16 when the system crashed and some people weren't able to get their direct deposit. And I, unfortunately, was one of those and I didn't get my funds for a week. I’ve also had to speak with them a lot and the language barrier is very hard.

RushCard

Hey Johnathan, thanks for calling out the efforts of our agents and the assistance you received. We work hard for our customers and we really appreciate you taking notice!

Original review: May 8, 2017

Courtesy, that's what got my attention. I appreciated the time they took to accommodate me. They were very helpful and absolutely kind to my needs. I really appreciated the time they gave to me. It was excellent. Thanks for so much RushCard, you made my day.

RushCard

Hello Chelsea. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message and we can look into this issue for you further.

Original review: May 8, 2017

They put a hold on my card without any notification because Papa John's attempted to process a payment. When I called about it, the rep Maria couldn't understand basic sentences. I escalated the issue because I couldn't access my paycheck and Jose refused to admit they dropped the ball and made a mistake. He informed me I had to replace the card. They couldn't remove the hold. They charged me $30 to expedite a card they cancelled in the first place and refused to waive the fee.

When I asked to escalate the issue further because he refused to listen to me, he told me I would have to call back because they did not have any managers working. I asked for their employee numbers for my records so that I had something to reference who I spoke to. Jose gave me the exact same number twice and when I asked about that he said he couldn't give me anybody's personal info. I'm officially DONE with RushCard. You only have to burn me once to lose my business.

RushCard

Hello Angel. Please send us a private message and we can look further into this issue for you.

Original review: May 8, 2017

The higher ups at RushCard Corp should be ashamed of themselves! My boyfriend has been with this company for over 5 years and never had an issue. Friday he lost his card and like before when he lost his card, he requested a new one be sent expedited. To my knowledge the extra fee for that is 30 dollars. It is now Monday, no card and when he called to talk to someone they gave false information. I called back from MY phone and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Once again we were told a supervisor was not available. Once I started yelling and stating I would put in a complaint to ConsumerAffairs, miraculously a supervisor got on the phone. He stated his name was Frank, would not give his ID number nor last name. Frank stated that the card would be delivered Tuesday and when we requested a tracking number FOR THE SEVENTH TIME he would not provide it.

I have been telling my boyfriend that this company is HORRIBLE and has nothing but bad reviews. Today he saw exactly what I've been saying. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not speak English, read off of computers and are beyond ignorant. He is definitely taking his funds out of this garbage company and going somewhere else!

RushCard

Hello Jillesa. Please send us a private message and we can look into your issue further.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I will NEVER recommend RushCard to anyone ever again. I've been a member since 2012 and I have never been treated so badly by a supervisor before I spoke with Carlo. He was rude and nasty the entire time I spoke with him. I sent a complaint to the corporate office in March and I am still waiting for someone to contact me in regards to my complaint! As soon as this is resolved I'm leaving and NEVER coming back!

RushCard

Hello Jessica. We are so pleased that you took time to share your experience. We work hard to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services and its great to hear about yours!

Original review: May 6, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Customer Service. I lost my card, on my birthday. My representative was kind, wishing me a happy birthday, and waived my replacement fee as a gift. She was efficient in informing me on when my new card would arrive. I had a very pleasant experience.

RushCard

Hello Robert. I took a look at your account and see that the dispute you filed is currently being reviewed. Once a decision is made, a letter will be mailed to you and if found in your favor, a refund will be placed back on your card.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Dispute Went unanswered then sent me a letter saying needed more info and that it would take up to 3 or 4 months. Also never received the money credits promised for direct deposit. Contacted customer service by email and phone, gave up on the card.

RushCard

Hello Mary. Thanks for your feedback! We will certainly take a look at how we can make things easier for the customer to contact customer service. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our social media customer service team who is available on both Facebook and Twitter Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm EST.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Excellent service. The customer service people are great! It is very hard to contact a person with the phone numbers. Please look into an easier way to contact customer service, by phone! Again, thank you very much for providing a great service.

RushCard

Hello Jonathan. Note that when using the Refer-A-Friend promotion, you must refer a new customer not new cardholder. When the friend applies, they also must have you promotion code on their application for the credit to pay out. If not, they will not receive the promotional credit. Please send us a private message and we can look further into the issue.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I tried to have a friend sign up for a account and the referral code did not work so she Lindsay ** canceled her account and I will not ask any of my friends to sign up and I am not going to cancel my card also.

RushCard

Hello Bathsheba. It sounds like you are dealing with a merchant hold. Please send us a private message and we can look into this issue further for you.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I want to complain about a pending charge on my card. RushCard has been holding and refusing to release even though Amazon says they never charged and was holding. Customer service says they have to hold for 10 days. That's crazy. I even gave him a settlement code. Horrible customer service and no real access to complain. Closing account after this and considering a lawsuit. Run away from RushCard.

RushCard

Hello Brito. It sounds like you have filed a dispute, which can take up to 90 days to be thoroughly investigated and a decision made. Keep an eye out, once we have completed the investigation, we will send a letter to you with the decision made.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have the card for a year and it is the biggest one that I have done. First someone uses my card without my authorization and the transactions were pending when I found out but they said they could not do anything about it. I made a police report and send it to them and they told me I was going to get a credit on the card which never happens. Instead they want me to wait till July so "they can investigate" and decide if I am getting my money.

RushCard

Thanks for the positive feedback Sabrina, we agree RushCard very helpful!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I really enjoy RushCard being able to take pictures of my check and it loads in seconds! I am 1099 therefore I do not have direct deposit, but this is just as good! I wish the fees were a little lower but other than that awesome!

RushCard

Hello Sonya. Please send us a private message and we can take a further look into your issue.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have contracted RushCard customers 4 times over the past 24 hours regarding my funds and I keep getting the runaround. I am showing that my funds were loaded, I have a balance but I am not able to access my money. I was told to wait for 1-3 hours, then 3-4 hours, then 5-6 hours then finally 24-48 hours because they are having a problem with the wire transfers. I understand these things can happen but I've given them way too many chances so third time is a charm. Once I get my funds I think it's time to part ways. I like having a prepaid card to pay bills online but I can no longer risk not having my money in my account when it's supposed to be.

RushCard

Hello Melissa. I took a look at your account and your current card actually does not expire until the end of the month. A new card has been processed and shipped out to you and should arrive soon. Please feel free to send us a private message if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I called about getting a new RushCard because my current one has expired. I can't access my money right now and I need my money to pay my bills and other expenses. It expired in May and I didn't know I was suppose to call and request a new card. I thought it was automatically sent out.

RushCard

Hello December! I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reach out to our customer service line where you can speak with a disputes agent and file your dispute at (866) 787-4227 or you can send us a private message and we can further assist you.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have been a customer with RushCard since last year. I have my direct deposit set up and am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I had a fraudulent transaction for $250 and it seems as if the company is moving very slowly about getting my money back.

RushCard

Hey Celestina! Great suggestion, we will certainly take that back and share it with our team here at RushCard. Thanks for being such a great customer!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have been with your company for 4 Yrs now and I am very happy with your service and I have and will continue to send people to you. Keep up the great work. Although I think the text you send on the phone should be sent every time you use the card and not only when the balance is low. Thank you.

RushCard

Hello Mary, thanks for sharing your feelings regarding your RushCard! Feel free to reach out to us via social media Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm or calling in and speaking with an agent and we are happy to assist you with enrolling in text alerts!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I've had my card for years. Love it. The only problem is I don't get text anymore and I have repeatedly asked for them. I have recommended Rush to a few family members and friends. I not had any problems with my card. It should be easier to get in touch with someone.

RushCard

Hello Jasmine! Thanks for your positive feedback. We certainly work hard at RushCard to ensure that our customers have the best service possible. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your service!

Original review: May 5, 2017

I use my RushCard for everything. It's very convenient and it works better. The fee is not as high as the other cards so that's a good thing. I always recommend them to friends. However, the customer service sucks all in all. It's a whole bunch of foreign people and they don't understand what they're saying.

RushCard

Hello Ayshia. Thanks for your positive feedback, we certainly work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with RushCard!

Original review: May 5, 2017

It started off rocky because I lost my card and it took me forever to get a replacement and I had to do a lot before they would send me one. But from that point on it has been great having my RushCard, my money is always on time.

RushCard

Hey Sonia! There are a lot of customers who participate in the sweepstakes but as long as you are a participant you have a chance to win!

Original review: May 5, 2017

No one from the east ever win the sweepstakes and I've been a member since 2004. Why I still gotta pay fees. Why my direct deposit days always switch. Why don't I have loyal rewards. Why do I still have a pink card with no chip.

RushCard Company Profile