Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

We are glad you had a great experience with customer service, Angela. Thank you for sharing this and for all of your support. We are more then happy to have you apart of our RushCard family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

My account placed on hold that wasn't what I was upset about. What I was a said about was I was unable for the life of me to get a hold of customer service due to their automated system. I was finally able to figure it out after about two and a half weeks of frustration. I email to customer service whom replied almost immediately and left their number, the same number I have tried the following two and half weeks. Anyhow I figured it out. The supervisor I spoke with and dealt with was amazing, amazing. Thank you.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Louis. We are glad to see that you are utilizing our features to your benefit.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

My Direct Express card was compromised and they didn’t seem to want to help in any way, shape or form. They allowed to be compromised to the tune of $600, so I switched immediately and went with RushCard. I liked RushCard's approach when I signed on and I liked the cost of it. I get my money earlier, and managing my finances is all around easier right now.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always here to help.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Dealing with my finances is much easier with RushCard. They charge me a one-time monthly fee, and I never get any extra charges like a lot of the banks when you have a real checking account. I always use direct deposit wherein I get paid two days early. There was also one time when I had fraud on my account and they fixed it within a matter of two days. I only had to submit some paperwork and the funds were back in there. It's simple, straightforward service, and I would recommend them.

I saw that with RushCard, I can get different benefits and money gets in up to two days faster so I got it. I'm able to pay bills at least a week earlier than when I usually do. Paying purchases online was very convenient and easy. I put the information in, press submit, and it goes through fast. I use the direct deposit and also go to the reloading locations to put money in when I have it. I tell how much I want in the card put on and within 15 minutes, it's there. The card helped a lot because once I put money in it, I try to forget that it's even in there so when hard times come, I know I have a backup plan. Customer service gets my problem solved real fast. Everything is positive with RushCard. Awesome experience.

I have been with RushCard since November 2005 and this is the first time I've had to complain. On November 23rd I had five unauthorized transaction taken out of my card. I notified RushCard immediately, unfortunately the customer service received was not at all helpful. When I advised customer service of the unauthorized charges I was put on hold several times for a total of 45 minutes to be told I needed to call back in the morning to file a dispute. I not only filed a dispute but I also filed a police report that was approved and is being investigated. I have yet to receive a status update on my dispute and my money has not been refunded on my card. I tried to call and find out the status. I can never get a representative. My call continues to be disconnected. This is absolutely the worst customer service I have received and I am in disbelief that after being a customer since 2005 my claim is being handle so poorly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Rushcard never works with me. I have been with them for years, I keep thinking they'll change but they never do! We had my husband's direct deposit put in my card and they are rejecting it. Saying it will take 3-5 business days to get it back! This is the money we need to pay our bills with! This is just one situation among many, we are contacting an attorney tomorrow and suing them for everything we have gone through because they don't want to work with a loyal customer!

I received a RushCard as a birthday gift; I am not interested in this card and simply want a refund. I have contacted the company via telephone, email and written correspondence to no avail. It is next to impossible to speak with a representative when you try to contact the company. I have provided the requested information and as of today's date I am still waiting for the phone call. I have requested a refund for over a month via phone, email and correspondence; I have not received the refund as today's date. The two weeks refund period has elapsed. I am at a loss. I can be reached during the hours of 8 and 6 p.m weekly. I am truly at a loss! This is not good customer service.

I have been with RushCard since 2007. My direct deposits are all over the place. Never two days before payday and very, very, very rarely one day before payday. Recently, my payday fell on a holiday and I wasn't paid before the holiday but I was promised the next business day afterwards. Which fell on a Monday. I was suppose to go out of town and of course pay my bills. No one in customer service cared they all said it's on Metabank. It's the next business day and I'm still waiting. This is getting me into more financial trouble and I am beyond upset.

I have been a RushCard customer since 2013 and have never had a bad experience until now. I have questions on my account and I'm unable to speak with a live representative. I have tried multiple times to try and register online and check my account online and still unable to get anywhere. I'm seriously thinking about changing cards now.

This company has poor customer support. A toll free number that is automated. No real person to talk to. Emailing is like pulling teeth! They can't seem to find your account even when you send them information such as last 4 numbers of your account, name, last 4 numbers of your SSN! I sent 5 emails and get the same response. They can't find your info. My card expired and I asked for a new card. I can't pay my bills online until I get a new card and activate it! A automated email was sent saying a new card will be mailed. And how long will that take? Most companies send new cards early to avoid a deactivated card. Poor customer support, POOR!

I have never had such a horrible experience with any other company. I was very happy with the product and even made many referrals until I actually had a problem. I was treated horribly by customer service and when I asked for the corporate number they refused to give it to me. I also called late in the evening because that is the only time I was available and I was told I couldn't be helped over the weekend and had to call back on Monday morning. I was left an entire weekend with no access to my money. I am very disappointed in the service and am pulling out all of my finances in the near future.

RushCard

Hi Carla. We are certainly very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. As discussed on the phone, I have provided you a rebate for your expedited card. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being such a wonderful RushCard member!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I called just to dispute a charge on my account. The girl told me it was policy to cancel your card when you dispute a charge. I told her that I couldn't cancel my card right then because I had a direct deposit coming the next day and needed my money for bills and kids. She didn't care and canceled my card anyway. Then they charged me $30 to send me an expedited card.

I've been a RushCard holder since May and I like that I get to view my transactions on my phone, instead of having to keep calling my card to see how much money I have in my account. I don’t have to keep getting worried if I could pay a bill because I don’t have enough money and I can see if I could pay for the next two weeks. I have a car note and if I use my other debit card, I would have to keep calling it. But with my RushCard, I can see how much I have to put down ahead of time. Using Rushcard for to pay bills or make online purchases is very convenient.

I use the direct deposit option. I've used a reload location once and it was very easy. My check went right into my account and they go via 720. They notify me through a text message or send to my email address that my money has been deposited to my account. They also let me know when I’m very low on my account. So it’s good. When somebody stole my card, I had no problems with them canceling it and they sent me another one. I would definitely recommend RushCard.

I actually love it. I've had no problems with it. I've turned all my friends on to it and so far no complaints. Thank you RushCard. If your kid needs a card get them a RushCard. If you have trouble with the (BIG SHOTS) get yourself a RushCard. I am glad I did.

You guys deposit money two days early and that is the only benefit. The only ATM you can use without fees is the one at Walmart and honestly that one is down 70% of the time. You guys are the absolute worst banking company in America and Russell Simmons you should be ashamed of yourself. You portray yourself as a hero/champion of the ** community yet you take advantage of minorities at every single turn. Let's face it. That is who you advertise.

You're blood sucking cards too. I have had a hold on my card for 7 days for some gas that I never even pumped. Plus getting through to your "24/7" customer care is a complete joke. Every single damn time I call I have to fake like I lost my card or that I am disputing a claim in order to get through to the same Indian lady. Who must be your only customer service employee because that is who I talk to every single time I call!

I have literally deposit 4-5k in that damn account every month and y'all unappreciated jerks over at RushCard have pushed me to the brink! American Express serve offers $0 fees to people who deposit over $500 into their account. They also are available every single time I call in. So tell Russell Simmons he lost a fan and customer for life! Holla TF BACK. Today is Oct 27 and they have this gas transaction on hold since Oct 20th. Keep in mind they hold a ridiculous amount for an arbitrary length of time whenever you use this card for gas. Save yourself the headache and get an American Express serve.

My card was misplaced but I checked the transaction and nothing was missing so all I needed was a replacement and no one will assist me in this situation and I have 4 kids I have to feed and a car that needs gas and my card blocked so I have no access to the money I have on my card to do these things.

RushCard

We appreciate your business and highly value you as a member of our RushCard family. Thank you for your support.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I've had RushCard for more or less three years and I like it. With it I'm able to carry my money on my card instead of my pocket. I like when they send me a text message and tell me what my balance is. I'm also able to pay bills or make online purchases which is convenient.

After several years with the ups and down of RushCard I'm calling it quits. My direct deposit is so inconsistent. Hardly ever am I paid 2 days sooner. It's more like 1 day sooner and if that's the case I can actually wait for my regular payday and not worry about inconsistencies. RushCard is not rushing to get me paid. I'm disappointed because I tried to support this company and the Customer Service is worse.

I heard pretty much through word of mouth that RushCard is a good card and I've been a RushCard holder for about four years. I used scheduled payments, and then the email and text alerts let me know if the balance is too low so that helps a lot. Furthermore, the direct deposits are submitted on time. Most of the time, when I call, their reps are very friendly and helpful. However, I notice that when I'm getting a refund on my card, sometimes it takes from 20 plus to 24 hours to see the transaction come back on the card. If they can improve that, that would be great. Otherwise, I'm okay with everything else and would recommend them.

I get my check early and there's no overdraft with Rushcard. On the other hand, when you speak to the customer service representative when you lose your card or you need special attention, they can't do anything always. Everything has to be done through the mail. It's also usually difficult to reload using their reload locations. I'm totally dissatisfied.

Rushcard customer service sucks! It's hard speaking with an customer service representative and they take forever to contact you through email even though they say they're available 24/7. When calling RushCard they don't have an option for you to speak with an representative. You're just on the phone with the automatic system. Which doesn't help at all. Does anyone know an direct line for rush representative?

I've been with RushCard for a while now. I even toughed it out during the whole account freezing issue that was all over the news a year back. I lowered my amount deposited in order to avoid such an issue. I love the early deposit, and the how transactions are taken in real time, not leaving items pending. I started raising my deposit amount again. And the last 3 weeks have been great! Till this week. Had the whole check deposited. Of course there it goes... NO DEPOSIT. :( Guess it's back to the bank for me.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Annias. We are glad that you are able to utilize our features to your benefit.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I get paid early with RushCard. It makes managing things easy and moving through the app is a benefit. It's also very convenient to use the card in paying bills online. When I talk to their people, they are always good.

This prepaid card service gives poor customer service, you can get a question answered easily & there is never a manager to speak with. I have a question that I asked 6 mos ago via email, since they say that the way to get it answered, it has not been answered as of yet.

I want a card for my husband and try to call but couldn't talk to a live person. Everything was automated and couldn't get my questions answered. Trying to find out why you were taking a dollar out for every transaction I made when I signed up for the 5.95 a month. Is why when I use my card for more than 2 transactions you decline it when I have funds available?

No response received

RushCard

Hi Adam. We are really sorry for this inconvenience. We tried to reach out to you on the phone numbers we have on file for you but to no avail. We will reach out to you later in the week so we can get this matter resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

** customer service - been told my money would be placed back in my account two different times. First it was an hour or two then it was 10 pm - here it is well after that and now it's 24-48 hours. What a joke.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing this experience, Laronica. We see that you are utilizing the feature we have available and that's great! We appreciate you being apart of the RushCard family.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I've been a customer with Rushcard since 2011 because I don’t like banks. It’s the only card I have. I like that there's no overdraft and I can’t take out what I don’t have. Also, I get paid two days early. It’s great but I had a problem recently. I had to wait 10 days for my money. I called them about it and their demeanor was okay.

Not satisfied with the service. There are fees for almost everything. You charge a monthly fee and I'm not sure what the fees are for. There are very few atms that are fee free. Customer service is not good either. Agents are reading from scripts and never answer questions fully. Also many agents do not speak english which can also be a reason as to why they do not answer your questions, they don't understand what you are asking. Improvements needed everywhere.

RushCard

We appreciate all the support, Taseena. We look forward to elevating financial empowerment for our members and being the best we can for our members financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

When I first started using RushCard I loved it. Customer service was good and helpful, was able to keep accurate count of my money. Over the last year there has been a lot of complicated issues. I love the easy transfer to other RushCard users and new way to deposit checks thru Ingo.

RushCard

Thank you for your support, Shelita. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I’ve been using RushCard for over seven years now. It's very convenient to have and I can have an actual accounting of my finances. Most of the time, my interactions with their reps has been quick, so no issues.

RushCard Company Profile