Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

Hey Jo Carole! Thanks for being such a wonderful customer!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

A friend of mine years ago had a RushCard when it first came out and she told me about it being satisfactory. I got mine back in 90's and use it to pay bills and make online purchases. Then I reload through the direct deposit option. It's very convenient. RushCard process worked very well. The only thing that I don't get anymore is the alert which I used to get when it's loaded. Other than that, everything is excellent. I would recommend them.

RushCard

Hey Arlene, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have recommended RushCard. I've had mine for years and I'm happy with it. I've been doing great as far as budgeting, and that is a big benefit for me. Instead of going straight to the bank and pulling out a mass amount of money or having cash on hand, it's easier for me to go to stores and swipe the card. It's also so much easier that I pay everything over the phone and it works out good. I've had great experiences with their team too. They're very polite and understanding. When I have a problem, they're quick to handle it.

RushCard

Hey Brian thanks for 10 years of loyalty and sharing your personal experience with us. We agree, RushCard is a great choice to do business!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I have RushCard for 10 years already and I use it to handle all of my business and my transactions. I get direct deposit on it which is not a problem. My experience is fine.

RushCard

Hey Julia! I apologize for the trouble you have experienced. We attempted to call you today to follow up on this issue. Please feel free to reach back out to us here or contact RushCard Customer Service at (866) 787-4227. We will attempt to call you again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I pulled money from my 401k for 14,040 and had it direct debited. They sent me a email that more information was needed to post my deposit. So I called customer service who told me to fax in documents Drivers license, SS card, information that I took withdrawal from Fidelity, and direct deposit info. I faxed them all in and was told money would post in a few days. I called in the following day and they said they are sending Fidelity back a check in 7-10 days. They stated my middle name is not on my RushCard but on all legal documents so that did not believe it to me.

However, they have been taking my paycheck and depositing it for 3 years, and deposited other amounts from Fidelity to my RushCard account when my full name is on my RushCard. I escalated the issue and showed them the 14,040 withdrawal information and they still refused to help me or give my money. I filed a BBB complaint and now I am looking for a attorney to file a lawsuit against them for unfair business practices. After this I will never use this company again!

RushCard

Hello Patricia! It was a please speaking with you on the phone today. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. If there is any more that we can do, please feel free to reach out to our customer service line at (866) 787-4227 or via Facebook/Twitter where our agents are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm EST.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Opened account in 03/2015, bank closed account in 07/2015. As of 02/08/2016, I have not received the balance of my account which is $401.68. I get the same response each time I get called or emailed. I had to contact the BBB of Cincinnati, Ohio. Someone from RushCard called and left a number and extension, which when I called back I was told that there was no such extension. My daughter is going same thing. Her amount is $468.00. It's such a fraud. We just want our money back. I have warned my family and friends of this. FRAUD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

RushCard

Hello Tiauna. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and certainly want you to feel better about your experience with RushCard. We tried to reach you via phone and left a voice message but if there is anything we can do to further assist you in this matter, please reach back out to us.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I have had the worst experience ever with RushCard. Due to RushCard I lost my home. I never received my replacement card. I tried for 2 maybe 2 1/2 weeks to get a hold of customer service due to their stupid automated system. I spoke with several reps, supervisors, and managers to get an express payment for my funds. I started my process on 2/2/2017 and to no avail do I have my funds. There's always more info that they need. So by that being said I have sent all info. It is now 2/7/2017 almost a week later and still nothing a lot of automated push back. So thank you RushCard for assisting in my homelessness. Worst company and customer service experience ever.

Resolution In Progress

I've been with RushCard since 2014. I've filled a dispute three time and two out those three times they denied the request saying there was no error on their end. This last time my card was stolen and funds was taken out at two atms. As soon as I saw that money was taken out I CALLED ASAP! I was out of town dealing with a death in the family and wasn't checking my account every 5 seconds. I filled out the form and was told I would get a provisional credit on Feb 3rd. Checked my account and there wasn't anything there.

After getting the run around I was finally told that I will not be getting a credit and the dispute was closed!! This is their second time doing this. The first time I just took the hit. Then I spoke with a manager by the name of James who said they were doing me a favor by doing the investigation!! A FAVOR!!! That was not a favor, that's what my $5.95 a month pay for!! I opened a credit union account because they deposit early and I will be closing my account and never ever looking back!!

RushCard

Hey Prince, thanks for the positive feedback and letting others know how much we work for you!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Rushcard is really good. They have no fees. It's been more convenient since I used it. Also, when I called before, their rep was able to answer all of my questions.

RushCard

Henry it is great to hear that you are taking advantage of all the platforms that we offer here at RushCard. Thanks for the positive feedback and feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team via phone or on Facebook & Twitter if we can ever help you with your RushCard.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

RushCard has an easier process and costs less than bank fees. I've had them for ten plus years. I get alerts every time a transaction occurs and the app is so awesome. Everything is there and easily accessible. I have been able to use the RushCard online with a lot of places that won't accept prepaid Visa card, like paying back my student loans. Though I'm hoping that a lot of places move forward and allow this type of prepaid cards as well. But overall, I love the RushCard and the app. It makes everything easy for me.

RushCard

Hey Catina, thanks for the positive feedback! We certainly work hard for our customers and appreciate you taking time to let others know about how much you enjoy your RushCard!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have been with RushCard for 15 years now. I liked it early on when we used to get cash-back at the end of each month based on the amount of purchases that we’re making. They haven’t done that for quite some time and I would love for them to bring that back. That would have been the biggest benefit as well as being able to have a prepaid card with a Visa logo which helps with booking hotels and things of that nature. So far, it helps me keep track of my day to day finances. If I can’t pay with cash, I don’t need it which keeps me from using credit. So, it’s been great.

I use Direct deposit more but their reload locations are not difficult at all. After being a customer for so long, I just know where they are. Furthermore, I had technology snafu a year ago wherein I experienced a very unhappy cab driver. I was traveling and I never carry cash, so I just had my card but I couldn’t use it because they were changing over their technology then so he thought that I was trying to steal from him. He was very irate and called the police. It was a big scandal. So I had to work my way up from customer service all the way to corporate to get documentation that it had occurred. It wasn’t necessarily the most pleasant experience, but ultimately it was taken care of and I haven’t had any additional issues.

I like the transparency and the expediency in which Russell Simmons reacts to things. I know that there was litigation that came out of that issue. But for the most part, I like him being responsive, making a public statement, and taking responsibility. That’s what I look for in customer service with anyone I deal with and to have that is great. It would also like for them to look for other minority-owned companies to partner with. And for long-term customers like myself, it'd great if there would be an option where we could switch over from a prepaid situation into a regular credit card. That'd be a really good incentive for people to stay with the company long, or those that have been with the company to continue on.

RushCard

Hey Tobey! We apologize for the difficulty you have experienced in reaching an agent. We attempted to make contact with you but have been unsuccessful. In the future if you are having difficulty reaching a phone agent, please feel free to reach out to our live social media agents on both Facebook and Twitter.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My reason for writing this review is the lack of a phone number when you have an immediate need to speak with a representative. I have been a customer of the RushCard for a number of years and only recently can I recall it being so difficult to reach a live person. There needs to be an easier way when dealing with a company that houses our money. I haven't figured it out yet and I'm about to close my account and go with another provider. It's really sad that this is the only reason I am closing my account because it's such an easy fix.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a Rushcard several times. The customer service rep whom seems as if they don't understand English, told me the back office said, I need to send proof of identification, social security number, and proof of address. I've sent several copies of my ID, social security card and proof of address. They denied my copies and said they were not eligible. I've went back, spent more money, make more copies larger and clear fax those copies. For them to deny those as well I sent in several copies of several proofs of address over the month and they're still denying my forms. However just a week ago they accepted my proof of identification and social security number after sending 5 copies and lastly enlarged to 200%, but still denied my proof of address.

Now what have I sent. A letter from my dr., a bank statement, letter from the government, letter from the state, letter from IRS. Everything is clear and dated within the expiration date and they are still denying my forms. I'm on the phone now with them and they keep saying "I'm sorry. Go back and fax more copies." I've sent them everything I have. I'm very ill. I don't have transportation and I have a small 1 yr old child and I have no more money to send. I know they're probably trying to protect your security by going over these forms over and over. Overall this is the worst time I've ever had in my life. On my way to the hospital for major depression and stress. Thanks a lot RushCard for absolutely NOTHING!

Consumer Increased Rating!

RushCard

Hello Cassandra! We are glad to have worked this situation out for you. In the future, please feel free to reach out to our social media customer service team via Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for being a great RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

It's been over a month and I still have not received my refer a friend credit. The person that I referred already received his credit and I did not. I had them email corporate and I was told I would receive a response within 48h and I still have not received a response. The supervisors are rude every time I call in about this issue. I've been a loyal customer since 2005 and even against my better judgment I referred a friend. I already had a salty taste in my mouth about RushCard because of last years mess up. After I receive my refer a friend credit I'm closing my RushCard account.

RushCard allowed my card to be cloned. I had over $400 taken from me and I still haven't gotten my money back. I filed a police report and contacted the merchants. I filed a dispute with RushCard. Their customer service is terrible, they are all overseas. You cannot talk to an American. They are scripted and unsympathetic. RushCard claims to be FDIC insured. Why do I have to wait 90 days on a decision to get my hard earned money back? Where is my provisional credit? They also don't give you the correct balance on your account. I have had the same transactions show up more than once. When you call them and try to get a supervisor it's nearly impossible. Do not trust these people with your hard earned money!

Insufficient response received

My card has been locked because I received a credit from a merchant that owed me a refund. The card I used to purchase was compromised and no longer valid so I requested it on my RushCard. Now RushCard saying it's fraud. Card is locked and was told to send in a copy of my id. Even after verifying my entire account down to my social. Now that is a credit and I've been a customer over 7 years or more and I have a direct deposit coming on Monday. Now this is a great inconvenience and a disservice to me. I verified my total account social and all why can't my card be unlocked??? I need my card unlocked in less than 2 business days. I have bills coming out that I set up this week as of Monday. I also requested to speak to a supervisor and was denied.

I got scolded saying, "MA'AM IF THIS CONTINUES TO HAPPEN WE GONNA CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT!!" I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL NOW. This is unfair and unacceptable actions for RushCard. At this point I plan to stop all business with this company as they are going to cause me hardship if I can't have access to my funds by Sunday midnight because my bills won't be paid and I will be subject to disconnect. If this happens I will seek legal action.

No response received

I have never had a bad experience with them until now. I used my card to check into a hotel. When I checked out the hotel released my money (2-5 business days). Now RushCard won't release my money for 35 days or until the hotel fax them a authorization letter. I have never heard of anything like that.

RushCard

Hey Lana, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

The best thing about RushCard is that I get my check early. I had RushCard and also had a Chase account at the bank. And when I go and check the check, it starts to get spent anyway. I had it to where my tithes were going from my RushCard so I wouldn't spend them. And then I noticed that I was always giving my tithes earlier than the rest of my check. Also, I might have a bill that comes before the check is there, or I need gas or food. So, being able to get the check early helped me to balance things out wherein I know a charge is coming. That was definitely a plus. There’s also a feature that something where I can see how I'm spending versus paying bills. But using RushCard might be difficult when making online purchases because it’s a prepaid account issue where some companies won’t take a prepaid card.

Using RushCard's reload locations and direct deposit is so easy my mom can do it. I might need some money for a bill and my mom who lives about five hours away from me is able to go to Walmart and add money to my card versus me having to wait online. We also got my mother-in-law a RushCard. If she needs money, we can send it for her. I’ll be getting my mom one, too, so I can pay her back all the time. It’s easier to transfer from card to card than it is for me to go pay extra $4. I can pay just .99 cents to send it to her card.

But I wish more of their customer service reps spoke good English. I hate that a lot of them are overseas. And depending on what time of day I call, I might get an American versus a foreigner that kind of understands but really doesn’t. That may be a downfall. But, overall, most of them try to deal with my concerns. When RushCard changed banks, there was an issue with some people being able to get to their money. But RushCard rectified it. And they even went back to make sure if one was missing any money, they tracked it to see what one was missing and gave that back. I wish I could get more off my card at a time but it’s been a good experience with RushCard overall.

RushCard

Hey Lina, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I got RushCard over other prepaid cards since I love Kimora Lee and they had a pink debit card. I also like the fact that with RushCard, I get paid a day before my normal pay period and I keep it because of that. I use their direct deposit and it's easy.

RushCard

Hey Lakeisha, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I have never had a problem with RushCard. I have had it for 2 years and my DD goes on it because it comes 2 days early. I just take a percentage and put in my bank account. Customer service is great. The app is great! I all around love the card!

RushCard

Hey Leshaun, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

With Rushcard, I get my money two days earlier. I’m keeping the money on the card and it’s good to pay online. It’s really convenient. I use direct deposit which is an easy process more frequently as I know how much goes on there. But their customer service isn't that good. Some of the reps are nice while some are pressed to get me off the phone. They should just try to help and sometimes, they don't know as much as they should about their services.

My boyfriend has been using this card for his paychecks for about a year. When getting cash from an ATM, I had failed to grab the card, because I am very absent minded. We called immediately to have it replaced. Waited for it to arrive even giving it a few extra days because of the holiday. When it failed to arrive we called back up, requested another and they made us pay for the express shipping. Because it had already been 3 weeks without any cash we had no choice but to just do it. It has been over 3 days and still no card. Going on a month without his paycheck. Needless to say I'm beyond furious and my patience was out the window 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend this for long term use unless you NEVER lose anything.

RushCard

Hi Crystal. I attempted to reach out to you regarding your post. On behalf of RushCard I would like to first apologize for the hassle you have encountered. I did confirm that a replacement card was delivered to your address today at 10:19am. Please feel free to reach out to us via FaceBook or Twitter if there is anything further we can assist you with. Thanks for being a wonderful RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Someone stole my purse and I had credit cards, my social security card, and other personal documents as well as my RushCard. I put a password on my account that is only numerical. I haven't used my card in about 2 years, needless to say I followed all the directions. I sent in a copy of my driver license and social card. I faxed these documents and uploaded my documents to my account. My question is why do I have to wait 1 to 2 business days for anything. A faxed takes about 10 minutes and uploaded documents to my account that I use my personal information to log into took about the same time.

It should be some other ways you can identify yourself with instead of going through this long drawn out process. A Security question or something, if you haven't used your card on a daily basis and you don't call in to use the password. And every manager and customer service rep I talk to told me something different. All I want to do is order a new card, inquire about a transaction on my account. I get hung up on and nobody speaks clear English. I'm going to a real bank where I don't have to go through this unnecessary drama.

RushCard

Hey Althea, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I've had RushCard for nine years. It was the most convenient card at the time. Through their card, I get my pay earlier and it doesn't let me go over the limit so that helps. I can also use it to pay online which is very convenient.

RushCard

Hey Tamara, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I've loaded my RushCard three times since I've had it. I was skeptical when I loaded it a couple of Christmases ago and it made me scared but after 20 minutes the money was there. Then my card was expiring on 12/16. I went to load money onto the card and the reps kept saying that it was denied. I thought it was a glitch so I went somewhere else and it kept denying it. I was frustrated because I was wondering how my check would load onto the card at the time that I activated the new card but everything went through fine.

I was able to talk to somebody in the beginning but now, if there's a problem, there is no option to talk to a rep and that's one of the things that I do not like. When I was able to talk to them, I was talking to foreign people and I could barely understand what they were saying. It was very frustrating. Other than that, RushCard can be a good experience for people who can't get a regular bank account. It's also very convenient to be able to pay my bills from home rather than going to the location if I can't get out. I also get my check two days early and I don't carry cash so it's helpful.

RushCard

Hi Alicia! Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experience. I went ahead and took a look at your account and I see that your funds actually posted on 1/4/17 so hopefully you were able to cover your bills without late fees! Please feel free to reach out to us via our customer service line or on social media via FaceBook or Twitter so we can provide you the great customer service you deserve! Have a wonderful day and thanks for choosing RushCard.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

This is worst company ever. I put 615 on the card and have proof the money went on the card, had a system error even with receipt and recording and shows my balance was 633 but it never fully process over. So now I am out 615 out and RushCard stole my money. I have bills that I have to paid and you are warned. This company is a crook. I have no rent or car payment. So because of their error I going to have late fees.

No response received

I've been with RushCard a few years because of early deposit. Walmart.com did not have my item available. Walmart sent a letter stating they would not charge us because goods not provided. RushCard still refuse to release our funds! Consequently my children did not get their gifts for Christmas! Thanks RushCard for ruining my Christmas! I will be switching to NetSpend. They provide much better customer service.

RushCard

Hey Monica! Great approach to utilizing your RushCard and any other card you would use. What you are dealing with is known as a Merchant Hold. Typically Gas stations in particular will have signage posted discussing what their merchant hold policy is. This is true for all card companies and is simply an assurance to the merchant to ensure the cardholder has the funds. Hopefully by now you have everything taken care of and are again happy with your RushCard. If so, please feel free to update your star rating as we continue to spread great financial options to others. If there is anything more we can do to help, feel free to reach out to us via our Customer Service line or on Facebook and Twitter where live agents are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Thanks for being a loyal RushCard customer!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

A friend of mine told me about RushCard back in 2005. I got it and put my direct deposit on it for my job. Sometimes I get my paycheck a day or two earlier, and that's always a plus. It's convenient too. What I don't like is when I go to certain places like the nail salon or a gas pump and I get charged $32, for example, they take off $43 and then put the balance back once the $30-some is paid to that place. It's new as I never had that happen. I called, complained, and asked what if I needed that extra $12 to do something else?

The rep argued with me and told me that it's always been that way, but I told him I was a customer for years and it hasn't been something that they've always done. So now, what I do is just pay for the gas and swipe the card in the store, or even take the money off. I'm about to switch and open a regular bank account. RushCard can start giving their long-time customer some type of appreciation because I've been with them for years. When I hear people complaining about them and saying all kinds of crazy stuff, I still stayed with them.

RushCard

Hey Aissa, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I had RushCard for quite some time. I like it because I have direct deposit and normally, I'm paid on a Thursday but I get my money in my account on a Tuesday. But when I attempt a money order in the post office, it declines. RushCard is not the only one having that issue. We've also had issues with the Apple Bank and Chase Bank debit cards. I work for the United States Postal Office and we found a way to override that. Then a year ago, we couldn't load the card. It was going through some transition. A couple of my colleagues were telling me that people lost money with Rush. It got a lot of negative press pertaining to Russell Simmons. I never heard about it but people were talking about it. But personally, I didn't experience that and I'm pleased with the service. I constantly use it for purchases though I don't use it to save money.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

The only good thing about RushCard is that you may get your funds a day or two early. Other than that I really wouldn't recommend RushCard to anyone. They put holds and blocks on your account for the smallest unnecessary reasons. I've been behind on bills and were late on bills just because they put holds on my account. They don't care about your situation and will hold your money no matter what it is that you have to do. Unless you use the card for recreational use it's fine but this is not something you would want to have all of your funds on because you have no control of your money, meaning if something happens you are ** out of luck and have to wait on their time for your money to be released.

Not to mention I've been a RushCard customer since 2014 but their procedures are totally **. Like for example I bought a item online from Walmart with the card and cancelled the order the next day. Walmart refunded my money but RushCard put a block on my whole card saying I have to fax or upload a receipt. Not to mention my paycheck and other funds I had on there were also blocked. Instead of them putting a hold on just the Walmart transaction they put a hold on all of my money making me late on bills and risking eviction. They told me once I faxed the info from Walmart in it would take 1 to 2 days to be reviewed then it would take a additional 1 to 2 business days for my card to be unblocked. The way they go about things is just crazy. I give RushCard 0 stars and repeat I don't recommend.

RushCard

Hey Rovonder, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I've been with RushCard for over 10 years now. I use the RushGold to do the savings and my funding comes from direct deposit on there. The money comes on time or even earlier than expected and I'm able to use it whenever I need to. I also get online updates and emails whenever there are any transactions made. I'm completely happy with RushCard.

RushCard Company Profile