2.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

Views and opinions expressed are those of the reviewers and do not necessarily reflect those of RushCard or MetaBank.

RushCard Gallery (4)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

4747 RushCard Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 23, 2019

I had RushCard. I can do everything with it and very happy with the service and all my information is provide. I can get a lot all over. Been a member for 15 years. I don’t like be because it charges me a fee every time I go to bank. Besides that it’s good

Hi Keia,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Please be advised that ATM withdraw fees can vary. Please be sure you use our ATM locator found here:https://www.rushcard.com/atm-locator. Also, thank you for being our valued customer and your business over the years. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come. We value your business and thank you for your continued support.

RushCard

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I've had RushCard since 2017 and I really like it a lot because, as far as managing my finances, I find it kinda difficult. Sometimes, I could get an influx of cash flow and I go spending then at the end I'm like, "What did I do with all that money?" My social security check comes on the 30th, at the end of the month, but it's really supposed to come on the 3rd. I'm trying my best to stay with the budget and although I get the social security check on the 30th, it's actually not for the next month. What made RushCard stood out initially was the $10 bonus they were giving plus they were saying that it pays two days earlier. I also use the reload locations like Walgreens, CVS, 7-Eleven or Walmart, and the Walgreens and the Walmart are not so far.

I had one issue when someone had hacked my phone and was changing passwords to my accounts. It was very crazy. I was trying to explain to the rep but because I didn't have my password, she was saying that she wasn't able. I actually hung up with her and then called back. It was a man that picked up and he told me I would have to go onto my account and upload some documents before they could actually take off the password. I also had an issue where I was trying to get life insurance but when I gave the lady the information, the routing number and the bank account number, I found out that I should've used BillPay to have them take the payments out. But every time I have an issue, it is most likely that it gets handled. If I need to know whenever I'm gonna get my security deposit, they'll let me know. RushCard has exceptional customer service.

Hi Angeline,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are so happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature and getting your deposit up to 2 days early. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you.

RushCard

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I use RushCard for Amazon all the time as well as for my bills and everything else. I wanted to start putting half of my disability money on one card and half on another, so I got a second RushCard. That way, I can pay my bills and still have a bit of savings. If I have any to save, I can already have it in the second card. For some reason, I was sent a check on my disability this month and I tried to get it deposited so that I could pay bills on the 1st. I didn’t get to do that and I wasn't pleased. The feature where I can take a picture of the check and deposit it doesn't work and Ingo doesn’t have anybody to talk to. If you can’t talk to a person at any time while you’re trying to deposit over $1000, that’s not a good deal.

I told RushCard Ingo doesn’t work and they shouldn’t use them. The manager got on the phone, apologized, and said they don’t have it set up right yet, but they will. The manager cared enough to talk to me about it and I was pleased. RushCard is great. They're always offering some classes and I would like to get into that, but I don’t have a lot of time to get into it and I haven’t done it yet.

Last night, my Credit One credit card wouldn’t let me take the money out of my RushCard to pay my bill because I paid it twice. I had extra money and thought I might as well put it on my credit card. I thought they wanted to put two small deposits on it and I got upset at the credit card company. I didn’t understand what was going on and I had to call RushCard so many times the day before yesterday. Their reps work with me on anything. Even if I am gripey, they work with me no matter what and that’s why I like them. Some people will just hang up on you, and they don’t. I can’t understand what some of them are saying and that gets a little irritating, but they work very hard to please. When I get upset about my money, I'm hard to deal with and the reps are very good and sweet.

I’ve recommended several people to RushCard, but there are a lot of people who don’t know anything about it. They’re leery and I try to tell them that RushCard is very good to work with. I’m also always telling them they need to get RushCard because they really help you out and when you go to an ATM, you can withdraw more than $300. They don’t bother your money and you get to use your money how you want to. If I get a friend to get a RushCard, I can get 30 bucks. They’re a very good card.

RushCard response

Hi Alisa. Thank you for providing this feedback. We need insight like this to make us aware of how our members feel and to know what we can do to make our members experience that much better. We are pleased to know you are enjoying your RushCard and the features the card has to offer!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I use RushCard for everything and I started with it in 2009. I do direct deposits through my job and I get paid two days faster than everybody else. Sometimes, when you’re a single mom, week to week, payday to payday, you can’t make it. So, I do have that cushion with them to get my paychecks sooner. You also can't overdraft, which is perfect. Then, sometimes, at the beginning of the year, they waive your fee for two or three months -- it depends. My first card was black and gold and it has M's on it, and I liked it. While credit cards are sideways, RushCard's are up and down so even if somebody tries to get your credit card numbers, they couldn’t because the cards were not the same.

I have one inconvenience with RushCard, however. I recently don’t have insurance protection so I have transportation issues. If I wanted to get an Uber or Lyft, I won’t be able to do it with RushCard. You have to have a credit or debit card. That kind of sucks because all of my money goes on that card. Then, if I have to deal with customer service, it’s all bad. It doesn't matter what time of day or night you call, you'll never get anyone who speaks English. I hate to have to dispute something. That’s why I downloaded the app on my phone. If I get an alert of my balance, it sends me a text.

I also hate the ATM fees. If you load this card, sometimes you pay $3.00, sometimes it's $3.95, and something it's up to $5.95. I've been using RushCard for over 10 years, why am I still paying to load the card? If nobody else showed them loyalty, I have. Sometimes there's conflict when you get paid on the 28th and they take out $5.95 on the first and you’re like, “Damn it.” But it’s a benefit. There are a few pluses and minuses. If you take the good with the bad, you’ll be alright. Get a RushCard. It's really convenient. All my friends have it and they got their referral from me.

RushCard response

Hi Mada. Thank you for providing this feedback. We need insight like this to make us aware of how our members feel and to know what we can do to make our members experience that much better. Please know that when reloading your card with a cash load at a merchant, the fees associated are charged by the merchant. You can find more information about the fees associated with cash loads on your online account under the 'Fund Account' tab. Also, to find a fee free ATM near you please use our ATM locator on the website as well. You can find the ATM locator here: https://www.rushcard.com/atm-locator. We hope this helps.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

RushCard is not like everybody else. Whatever you put on your card belongs to you, especially if you do unlimited. With other companies, even if you do unlimited, they still charge you stuff. Your money is your money, and that’s a beautiful thing with RushCard. You sign up for text alerts and you also get emails. You can also go online or call them and they can give you the exact time your money hits your card, so you know exactly what time to expect it. With other cards, I would get my money one week at 9:00 in the morning, then the following week, it would come at 10:00, and the time keeps changing. If you get paid 24 times, each time it’s gonna be different ‘cause there are 24 hours in a day and that’s ridiculous. RushCard is more consistent and they have a very good understanding about things pertaining to you.

They also litigate for me better than the other cards. With other cards, people will say you have to wait. There’s a 30-day hold on your money even though you didn’t get the product. RushCard doesn’t do that. They literally call the people. The online process is very convenient and not complicated at all. My son understands it, and he has understood it for a while because I have two cards and I gave the other one to him. At that time when I gave it to him, he was 14.

I used to use the direct deposit option, but now I have a problem with it because RushCard only gives us a limit. With that limit, I was having a problem with actual banks. I went to the bank and I took out my money. It was about $9,000 and I was only allowed to put $950 on. So, they said I had to come back the next day. I came back the next day and I couldn’t get any more on it. I had to buy a money order to hold my money. Nevertheless, when they answer the phone, they're like, “What can I do to make your day greater?” They’ve always been very understanding and they're not disrespectful like some people. When they were updating their system a couple of years ago, they messed up people’s accounts. They fixed it, but they also gave restitution after that which they didn't have to do but they did. I’ve referred so many people to them because it's awesome.

RushCard response

Hi Pamela. Thanks for sharing your experience with RushCard. We are pleased to know you are enjoying your card and all the features it has to offer. We appreciate your feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: June 20, 2019

The only complaint i have is the 3.00 out of network charge, especially at a free wawa ATM. Also, the in network ATMs are not very convenient. Going forward, I hope that more ATMS are added in network and hopefully free.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I enjoy using the Rush Card. I also enjoy the perks that comes along with it. The biggest perk that keeps me happy is getting my work check a day or two earlier than I would if it was with a regular bank card.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My problem is why every time we use the card you take a dollar. It make no sense? Why is there no overdraft? I just don't like to be charged every time I swipe my card. That's just crazy to me but RushCard rules. I love rush card cause I get paid early.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Customer service is satisfactory and I am most satisfied that I receive my income early, that is the greatest value ever. I have not had any problems with the services. I was hesitate about getting this card and my grandson has an account and he swore it was great, so I applied and I have been happy with it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had recently contacted an online chat agent with your Co. in regards to a charge I noticed on my online acct. The agent was very courteous and professional and helped me target the issue in a very timely manner and resolved my problem immediately. I have always had a great experience with your customer service center. I am extremely happy with your services and using my Visa RushCard has made managing my money so easy! No long bank lines, and no hassle! I love it and will continue to use my RushCard! I have referred friends and coworkers as well!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Every time I use my card there’s a $1 penalty, that’s just too much. When I think I have a certain amount on it, then it’s a different amount. Then I have to make sure I have the right amount plus that $1 or I have to put what I’m purchasing back. I wish they had something I could pay a one time fee at once and then they won’t take any other charges out per month.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I'm fairly new to RushCard but so far I am pleased with the services. I especially like the notifications that I receive regarding my account. I would definitely recommend RushCard to others. It makes for a very good start for young adults learning to manage their finances.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have had a RushCard for over five years and I have not had any problems with it. My direct deposit is always on time, my card has never been rejected at any store or online. I would recommend that you get the card that charged the monthly fee since the as you go card charges a dollar every time you use it regardless of the amount you spend.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I would never choose another card. It has been the best card. If you recommend it to family and friends. The card is easy to use. I can track my spending plus it sends text messages on balance. Wish there was more colors to choose from like purple.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I love it. The customer service is awesome they're very knowledgeable and courteous. Terrific job guys. People ask how I manage to get paid on Tuesday and they have to wait till Friday. I just pull out my cards and smile.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have had some really good experience with my card so far. I just wish that it would tell me more of what and where my card is being used. Thank you so much for the good experience that I have had so far.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2019

I cannot log into the app to check my card. I have to call my card each time. I also tried to call customer service and I never get through. And I also put in my phone number numerous time to get text notifications and I do not get any. I would love if someone calls me to fix the problem.

Hello Tamara,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. We’re glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right.

Thanks,

Original review: June 18, 2019

RushCard has been a blessing for me for a very very long time [paying bills online, ordering items online]. Also the customer service is always nice and professional. I had recommended my family members to get a rushcard and they did so and they thank me..

Hello Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks. We hope that you continue to enjoy your RushCard and all of it's great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: June 18, 2019

I love my Rush Card, have no problem or issues like the fee I'm paying, no issues at all with my card. Would recommend Rush Card to any of my friends or family, can be used anywhere without being penalized.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks. We hope that you continue to enjoy your RushCard and all of our great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Yeah so this guy was making fake watches and scammed me out of my money and the lady at RushCard was quick and accurate at helping me and I went on to buy a Versace watch that came in 2 days... I put my card in on the scammers website and it said “run away, I’m stealing all your money” so I asked for help. Thanks.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The app you’ve provided is always down, after every other transaction it stops, but above all else getting paid a day before or two days before is convenient for paying bills early. If you provide a better upgrade for the app it would be nice.

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We take your suggestions very serious and will forward your suggestions to the correct department. We value your business and we thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs.

Original review: June 17, 2019

The only problem I have is the dollar fee for every transaction. If that didn’t exist or I receive it back after some time it would be perfect. Overall, I love the card. I get my payments earlier than expected which is great.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2019

This account has been great for getting me back on my feet in a pinch. It would be even better with more of the features that are available for other prepaid cards. I would love to see the ability to add the account to my digital wallet, and use it as part of my financial suite. Having a chip would also be handy.

Hello Kellye,

Great feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your RushCard and hope that it continues to service your every need. We will pass your additional feedback along. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I love RushCard. I will recommend it to my friends and family. I like that you get options on the type of fee you ya for your card. I do the monthly fee. I have the direct deposit and it get my check 2 days early and that is wonderful.

Hello Opal,

Original review: June 17, 2019

I love being a RushCard holder. I really enjoy it. I love the 2 days deposit when it’s time to get my paycheck and plus I really like the color of the card and how you can choose your own color card. That’s what I like about it.

Hello Yolanda,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are so happy to hear that your enjoying your RushCard.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have had a pretty good experience with RushCard. I just don't like if you forget your PIN there no way to reset it with a representative. You have to just get a new card. All the years I have been with RushCard I have never won a cash reward contest. I'm honestly confused about how you enter to win. But overall my experience has been great! Love the early direct deposit.

Hello Anesha,

Thank you for being our valued customer and your business over the years. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come. We value your business and thank you for your continued support. We understand that forgetting your pin is an inconvenience, but it is done this way for the protection of your account. To enter most of our sweepstakes if you follow the requirements you automatically are entered, and the winners are randomly chosen.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I love RushCard. You will get paid two days before your payday. If you want to send money to a Friend it very easy with RushCard. They will receive it in minutes. I love RushCard low monthly rates. Faster way to pay your bills.

Hello Ashley,

Original review: June 17, 2019

Love this card and everything it has to offer. I referred a lot of people, just no one used my code???? But no worries. I keep referring as much people as I can. I would like a savings feature to where it can help me out.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for being our valued customer and your business over the years. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come. We value your business and thank you for your continued support. You can open a goal account and it can be used as a savings feature. Log onto your online account and you can open a goal account through there.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I love the RushCard! It so helpful and the app is amazing. I don’t feel that I need no other card, because RushCard is the right one for me. I never thought that I will find the right card. But I did!

RushCard response

Great feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your RushCard and hope that it continues to service your every need. We are pleased to hear that you're taking advantage of our online services. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

It hard not being able to withdraw money from your account without being charged 3 dollars. Also the Ingo app is still not working. So it makes hard for me to load money into my account with having to cash my check and it cost 5 dollars to deposit is a little ridiculous.

Hello Tatiana,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. Please be sure you use your ATM locator within the app for fee free ATM's. In addition to your concerns with Ingo what type of error message are you getting when trying to use the application?

RushCard expert review by Barbara Friedberg

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg