2.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

Views and opinions expressed are those of the reviewers and do not necessarily reflect those of RushCard or MetaBank.

RushCard Gallery (4)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

RushCard Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

With RushCard, the money gets in there early sometimes, and it allows me to go ahead and get the money orders out of the way to pay my rent. I'm also able to do my online purchases. I had no problem when I go and use my debit card to make any purchases, online purchases or getting them to help pay for some of my medication. I'm glad I got RushCard, so when I need to go get my medication or my over-the-counter stuff, I just go and charge it up. But a lot of times, it's busy for RushCard during the 1st of the month and a lt of people cry that their money is not there yet. And it'll be hard to get through RushCard any time after the 27th.

When I speak to the reps at RushCard, I let them know that they're dealing with the public and I tell them to always try to give them a smile and just let them know that RushCard doesn't give away free money. A lot of the reps will be happy for that conversation, and that I have them laughing, and it keeps them more motivated. Because sometimes, people can be harsh over money that they can't control.

I got the direct deposit with RushCard. All my benefits go straight to my RushCard, including my disability checks. I used to load money to my card at Walgreens but they started charging me $5, so I just go to a regular check cashing place where they only charge me $3. I'll recommend RushCard. I told people to get a RushCard because once RushCard came out, everybody started coming out with them prepaid cards. RushCard became the most successful one. Mostly, the prepaid cards, you go to check cashing place and they charge you $9.99. But RushCard is now affiliated with Chase Bank now, and that tells you how well they're doing.

Hello Anthony,

We're so happy to hear that you like your RushCard and appreciate your feedback. Feedback from wonderful customers such as yourself assists us in becoming better at what we do. We hope that you continue to enjoy your RushCard and all of its great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

RushCard Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

There was this girl named Christina who had about three or four RushCards. She would transfer money from one card to another paying bills and doing other stuff. I didn’t have a bank account and one day, she said for someone to get me a card. I've had RushCard for a while and I’ve been using it. When you have a bank account and you have a problem, you have to call them. It is so much stuff. RushCard is good. But when you have a problem, you have to go through so much.

I had money come on my RushCard but there were fees missing out and I had to transfer that over every time to get money off my card. It just takes so long. I called RushCard and told them to send me another card. It's gonna take 7-10 days for that to come out. Also, if I start calling at 11 AM, I get through by 11:10 because you gotta go through so much to try to get through.

I have two RushCards. Plus, I went and opened a bank account down in Houston because this card is out of town. The worst problem I had was when I needed money and it was around the weekend. Somebody said to me to wait a bit until tomorrow before I could call in and get my problem straightened. But I needed my money then. RushCard's customer service is courteous and everybody will help you, but it’s just time-consuming for me.

Other than that the card is good. The only thing is I’m in one state and they're in another state. Right now, I need $200. I don’t wanna have to wait for my money. When I have a problem, I wanna deal with people. RushCard is dealing with my money and I wanna talk to them. If it’s something I had done, we should straighten it out. Whatever problem I had, they always got it together but it takes time.

I have a 16-year-old daughter and she has a RushCard. When she needs money, I just transfer it and she would do it for me too. That's a good part about the card. But I don’t work anymore and my money only comes once a month. I would rather have a bank where I can get in my card. I can go to them and say I have a problem I need to be straightened out. When I have a problem with my RushCard, I always go to the girl who ordered the card and she only reads all of that. Most time, if it’s something about the website, she goes to the website.

Hello Lawrence,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have concerns when speaking with customer service. We want all our cardholders to have a good customer service experience when calling in. We will look in to your concern with our customer service and make sure that you get the best customer service possible moving forward. We hope this address some of your concerns. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Thanks,

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: July 29, 2019

I’ve been with RushCard since 2007 and it's been pretty good. I rarely dispute. But if I do, that means there's a reason why. I’m in a battle right now disputing something. I made reservations at a hotel, canceled it within enough time, got the cancelation number, but was still charged. I called the hotel so many times, couldn’t get ahold of anyone, ended up disputing it, and the money was put right back on my card. But I’ve been trying to talk to someone about that because I canceled it and they told me that they see the error on their end. They sent me an email and I printed it out, signed it, and faxed it over to them. I don’t know how they came up with the conclusion declining my dispute.

This has been going on since April and they just put the money back on my card last week. I called RushCard and I spoke to two people. I asked for a supervisor because one guy was helpful, but there wasn’t much he could do. He transferred me to someone else and that person was rude as ever. They put me on hold and never came back. I work so I couldn't just be on hold. I have yet to receive a call from a manager. I’m gonna dispute it again because I’m not gonna pay for that. I will be speaking with someone today about it.

Other than that, I love my RushCard. I like the fact that it doesn't overdraft. If you don’t have the money, you don’t have it. I don’t like accounts where they allow you to overdraft then they hit you with all those overdraft fees even if it was a dollar or if it was fraud or something could’ve happened. I had an account with Navy Federal and the whole bank got hacked. It was just a mess and they ended up telling me I had to pay for stuff that I didn’t even do. Why was I gonna pay $700 when their bank was hacked? I’ve been with RushCard since I signed up with them because I haven't had any problems. They've always been pleasant and good. And I hardly ever call them because I rarely have too many issues. But when I do, they take care of me. I’ll definitely recommend RushCard to my friends. All my friends all have it. We all send money to each other and everything.

Hello Kiristen,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss your dispute concerns. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

RushCard

Original review: July 11, 2019

With RushCard, I like how I get my benefit early. I receive direct deposit through it and whenever it comes through, I get notifications. However, I had an issue wherein I made an order online and I was double-charged but then I didn't know. I had a hard time getting my funds back. The dispute department was late to send me the documents as they stated and so I took matters into my own hands and talked to the merchant and tried to solve the issue. But then, RushCard told me to let the dispute department handle the situation because at that point, I had filed a dispute.

Another issue is that whenever I call RushCard, there's always someone different that answers the phone. Sometimes I have to repeat why I'm calling and the reps tell me they're going to notate my account or they're going to send information over and that I should check back in a certain time frame. In the double charging situation, I was frustrated because it was where I was constantly being charged and I didn't understand how that was so when my card was actually cancelled and they were sending me a replacement. The reps told me that the merchant has a way to push the payment. Despite these issues, RushCard is a great card to have because my funds are available earlier. They let me know what places I can go to, and they won’t charge me out-of-network fees.

Hello Dominica,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks. We hope that you continue to enjoy your RushCard and all of it's great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: May 16, 2019

I've had RushCard since 2017 and I really like it a lot because, as far as managing my finances, I find it kinda difficult. Sometimes, I could get an influx of cash flow and I go spending then at the end I'm like, "What did I do with all that money?" My social security check comes on the 30th, at the end of the month, but it's really supposed to come on the 3rd. I'm trying my best to stay with the budget and although I get the social security check on the 30th, it's actually not for the next month. What made RushCard stood out initially was the $10 bonus they were giving plus they were saying that it pays two days earlier. I also use the reload locations like Walgreens, CVS, 7-Eleven or Walmart, and the Walgreens and the Walmart are not so far.

I had one issue when someone had hacked my phone and was changing passwords to my accounts. It was very crazy. I was trying to explain to the rep but because I didn't have my password, she was saying that she wasn't able. I actually hung up with her and then called back. It was a man that picked up and he told me I would have to go onto my account and upload some documents before they could actually take off the password. I also had an issue where I was trying to get life insurance but when I gave the lady the information, the routing number and the bank account number, I found out that I should've used BillPay to have them take the payments out. But every time I have an issue, it is most likely that it gets handled. If I need to know whenever I'm gonna get my security deposit, they'll let me know. RushCard has exceptional customer service.

Hi Angeline,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are so happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature and getting your deposit up to 2 days early. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you.

RushCard

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I've had RushCard for over five years and it's very convenient for me to use in paying bills or purchasing online. I also like the fact that I could get my direct deposit two days earlier. Let's say, we get paid on Friday, but my paycheck is deposited, so it's there by Wednesday.

Hello Thelma,

Great feedback! Glad you are enjoying all the great features RushCard has to offer. We work hard to make accessing your money as quick & simple as possible. Thank you for being our valued customer! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come.

Have an Awesome Day!

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have had a great experience with RushCard. I ain't got cash on me, so I don't spend, but I got them four years ago and one of the benefits is getting my money early. I've also called them for a couple of reasons and they resolved the problem efficiently. They were very courteous as well.

Hello Kim,

We truly appreciate the positive feedback! We work hard to ensure our customers experience a card with great features and provides accessibility to their funds quickly and easily. We're excited to hear that you're happy with our services!

Have a Great Day!

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

RushCard was awesome. I absolutely loved it. I never had any problems with them. I got my RushCard because I wanted to have a bank card without actually having to have a real bank account with all the fees and everything.

Hello Arlise,

We appreciate your positive feedback! As with any business, the greatest advertising that any company can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. We understand you have many choices for a financial services provider, so thanks for choosing RushCard! We appreciate your business.

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I made a transaction online and purchased an item on 9/21/19, I was supposed to receive the item within 5 days and as of today it's 10/8/19 and I STILL haven't received the item. The company has absolutely no phone number listed anywhere so I can call and cancel my order, they only have an email which I've sent multiple emails to but I'm not getting a response!! I called and spoke to a rep which ended up being no help at all since he just kept telling me to call them after I told him there's no number to call available. I asked to speak to a supervisor which ended up also being no help because she told me the exact same thing!!!! I asked for their corporate phone number and she tells me that "we don't have access to that information," what company can't provide their corporate office number? Now I'm stuck with no product and out the money, THANKS RUSHCARD!!!!

Good afternoon David,

Our records indicate that you spoke with an agent from our office earlier today. We’re glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns that you’d like to discuss.

Thank you!

RushCard Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I saw RushCard on a commercial and I decided to google the type of card it was. Then I ordered one and switched from my old card. I like RuchCard's one-day deposit and I get some security. Also, I'm gonna start receiving an employer check on the 15th of November and it makes it more convenient for me to get my check, Monday through Friday. I like their services and I've been very happy with it.

Hello Donna,

We appreciate your feedback! Nothing makes us happier than hearing we are satisfying our customers. Thanks for entrusting RushCard to handle your financial service’s needs!

RushCard expert review by Barbara Friedberg

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg