2. Finance
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

RushCard gives users more financial control by only letting them spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard. You can use RushCard for long-term savings or day-to-day purchases and deposits. The direct deposit program lets cardholders with qualifying deposits receive funds up to two days early. Select from two different plan options.

RushCard Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

RushCard is an alternative to bank debit cards and credit cards with an app to manage transactions. It has higher fees than some competitors but can be worth the investment to save money and time in the long run.

PROS

• RushGoals saving feature
  • User-friendly mobile app
  • Early paychecks with direct deposit

CONS

• Higher fees than some competitors

Top RushCard Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Love the card. Tells me what I done… I can always go back to it and I get my money early. I don't like to carry money so it's very convenient for me to just swipe which is what I love and it helps me save money.

I like that since RushCard is prepaid, you put on there what you need so you can’t use what's not there. I like the convenience of loading it any time I want to… The direct deposit was a great feature…

RushCard Call Now Toll Free (844) 744-8339 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is RushCard?

RushCard is a prepaid debit card that can be used in place of a checking account or given to others as a gift card. The cards can be used to make purchases and withdraw funds from ATMs, and you can set up direct deposit on the app and get your paycheck and deposit two days earlier than usual. RushCard also offers a savings plan, RushGoals.

How to get a RushCard

To get a RushCard, call over the phone or sign up online. Federal law requires you to provide documents to confirm your identity and Social Security number.

RushCard doesn’t check credit scores, so most people who sign up are likely to get approved. Once approved, you receive a new card in the mail and set up a personal identification number. You can use your card online or in stores after you set up the PIN.

RushCard fees

RushCard offers two payment plan options. The Unlimited plan has a higher monthly fee at $7.95 (or $5.95 with direct deposit) at the time of publishing, but the plan doesn’t charge any purchasing fees or inactivity fees. This is a smart option if you plan to use your RushCard pretty often.

The second option is a pay-as-you-go plan with no monthly fee. However, this plan charges a $1 transaction fee per purchase. If you primarily use your RushCard to pay a few bills, this might be a better plan for you.

RushCard FAQ

What bank is RushCard with?
RushCard partners with MetaBank and Visa to offer its cards. RushCard is insured by the FDIC.
How do I get my RushCard account number?
Your account number is shown on your RushCard, which you will receive in the mail if your application is approved.
Does RushCard have a monthly fee?
RushCard’s Unlimited plan has a monthly fee, but the pay-as-you-go plan does not.
Does Walmart sell RushCards?
Yes, RushCards are available at some participating Walmarts.
How long does it take RushCard to receive a tax refund?
Your tax refund should appear around two weeks after the IRS received your return if you chose to deposit it in your RushCard account.
Is a RushCard prepaid?
Yes, RushCard is a prepaid Visa that must have funds loaded onto the card or account.

Is RushCard legit?

RushCard is a good choice if you are looking for a prepaid card for safety or gifting purposes. The card has two plans to choose from, which lets you pick a plan that works well with how you intend to use your card. The monthly or transaction fees could be worth it for the perks like early paychecks and savings features.

RushCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: April 1, 2020

I like that since RushCard is prepaid, you put on there what you need so you can’t use what's not there. I like the convenience of loading it any time I want to. And it’s kinda instant, as opposed to if going to the bank and depending on how much. The direct deposit was a great feature because it does what it says on TV that you could get it two days before the normal payday.

The difference between that card and a bank is that if there's something unauthorized, it takes a long time when dealing with the RushCard for you to get a response for it to be resolved. Normally with a bank, it’s more like a day turnaround. With Rush, it’s like a week. Also if you use RushCard a lot, you’re only paying $5 a month. With banks, if you don’t have direct deposit or if you don't make 10 transactions a month, you get a maintenance fee anyway.

Even though it’s prepaid, you can just about use that card anywhere and not have any issues. The only time there was a problem was that some places don’t do prepaid cards, you can’t attach that card to Cash App because of the fact that it is a prepaid card. I noticed when you’re out of the country, you can’t use that card either. But overall, I had a good experience with them. I have a friend, sister and her kids get on it.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I like that with RushCard, I’m able to get my check a day in advance. And so far, I have not had any problems with them. The service is exactly what they say it is. Sometimes, I might be a little short with gas, but the direct deposit comes in right on time so I’m able to get gas, do what I need to do and pay bills. And if I get my check early, I don’t have to wait until Friday to go out in the traffic with everybody trying to get bills paid. I can go ahead and get mine paid a day ahead. I have two different cards and I let my daughter use one. She’s in a band and they travel a lot. Whenever she’s a little short, it’s really easy for me to transfer money and it’s on her card within about 15 minutes.

Their customer service was very polite and helpful. If they don't know, they will find out for me. I've told my family members about RushCard and how pleased I was and they applied for a card as well. My cousin is in the military and her daughter is in college. With RushCard, it has been really easy and convenient for her to add money to her card. She could easily go up to Walmart and put money on the card or use the new app to transfer money from one credit card to the other one.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

The man being rough came on TV as a commercial and he was talking about his card. It appealed to me what he said about how the card worked but what got me was when he showed that pink card with the symbol of a platinum card. I like that card and I like the way it works where if somebody is supposed to be taking $2.29 out and then the $2.22 out, it won’t charge me anything for that. I always make a mistake and have a lot of problem with my bank. I didn’t have 20 cents in there and I was charged with money, and I didn’t like that. And that’s what made me when RushCard said that it would make me enjoy it in those. If the money wasn’t in there, they didn’t get it out. It was no problem with my end and it was no problem with them. Just having RushCard helped me. When I first started, it was giving me ten times I paid a dollar and that was good.

For a long time, I have been travelling back and forth Boston, Massachusetts, Omaha, Nebraska, Georgia and every time I would go there and using this card, it would show my married name. I got to the point where everything now is in my maiden name and I said that I gotta change this. So when I called and told them, when I was in the Massachusetts store, they told me that I will have to send some information in to change my name. It took me a while to do it because I was just leaving and travelling. I didn’t have time but I finally did it now. I sent all the information they asked me to send them, faxed it to them and they changed my name and address.

The only thing that kinda bothered me was that RushCard didn’t have the platinum card anymore. I loved that pink card. Everybody thought that was so cute and they had never seen anything like that. But I love RushCard, the way it’s set up and everything. I get disability and I was thinking about getting my disability card sent here.

RushCard response

Hello Johnnie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks. We hope that you continue to enjoy your RushCard and all of it's great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

RushCard

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I love my RushCard. It's my go-to. I also love the color of it. And with it, I get paid early. But I don't like the new changes they made to it. I had my phone number programmed to it and when I called, it would recognize my phone number so it would just give me my balance. It would say, "We found a number associated with your account. Your available balance is such and such." Now, I have to listen to all of this stuff and then I gotta press one. Most of the time when I'm checking my account, I’m either waiting in line or I'm at a restaurant. I only got a split second before I'm swiping it. I don't wanna listen to somebody talking for two minutes and then gotta go through three or four different prompts to enter in my social.

To reload, I use Walmart or 7-Eleven. It's super easy. I just give them the money and they put it in. I like the contests and I have my taxes going through my card every year. But I'm upset that I don't ever win. I also don't like that when I log in to my account, it only gives me a transaction number. It doesn't tell me the name of the store where I purchase my items. I want it to say Toys "R" Us or Walmart. Yesterday, I sent my son to the store and I asked if he bought something. The parts weren't adding up. I logged in to my account and there were about five different pending transactions and it didn't tell me which store or what was bought. However, I like the fact that I can talk to people now. It used to be that I couldn't get in contact with anybody. A few weeks ago, I spoke to a cool representative and he was all the way in Asia. We had a cool conversation.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I love RushCard. I've had it for so long that I don't have anything else. When I first got it, I didn't have an actual checking account. So when I saw the commercial, it was so simple to get it and I've been using it since. I've had checking accounts but I still use my RushCard. I still have my paycheck deposit on it because I could get my paycheck two days earlier and it's more convenient to me than a bank. I've never had any problems doing stuff including paying bills and making online purchases with it. It's wonderful.

I reload it one time at a Family Dollar store and it went straight through and immediately put on the card. I was surprised. I thought it was gonna take at least a day or so but it didn't. Also, I recently had some work done on my car and purchase some parts that I didn't need and I took them back. And they told me, "It's gonna take about five days for the money to get put back on your card." But actually, it only took one, so I was really surprised. I even had no problem using it with Uber 2 weeks ago when my car was in the shop.

I've had a RushCard since '99 or 2000 which has been so long and I've never had any issues with them. My niece has it as well, her kid's father has one, my brother has one too, and I'm trying to get everybody else on board because everybody uses the Cash App. I've tried to use Cash App but it won't let me use it with my RushCard. Other than that, I'm very satisfied and I can't see myself even changing it up.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Double fees!!! They charge a fee then the retailer charges a fee!!! You can’t talk to a person by phone unless you’ve lost your card!!! No live chat feature!!! If you get down to $0 balance and try to close your account, they send you a “scripted message” saying that the account will close eventually and of course they have “inactivity” fees so while you’re waiting for their system to close your account, you’re hit with an inactivity fee!!! These people belong in jail!!! I have contacted cfpb and Texas attorney general and lodged a formal complaint against them!!! My next action will be my attorney!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I've been with Rush Card for a few years. Rush Card closed my previous account with no explanation of why. I was then told to order a new card. Once my new card arrived, magically, my old Rush Card was reopened. Now I have two Cards With Rush Card. HOWEVER, AS SOON AS MY DEPOSIT HIT MY ACCOUNT. RUSH CARD CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. I've contacted them for over a month now. I still having getting an explanation of why. Rush Card won't give me my money. Nothing has been fixed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have been with RushCard for over ten years just because of the offered two day early check option. I recently noticed I had 4 unrecognized transactions on my account. Contact RushCard and I am charged $30 for a new card to be delivered and I can’t access any of my money on top of the dispute. Has to be completed through a form and submitted before I can get compensated any kind of refund.. Sad thing about all of this is that I have my card on hand and these were all debit transactions except for a gas station purchase. Again this is no fault of my own but I’m now in the hole $130 and can’t access any money on my card and my rent is due and my phone bill. I’m very upset now. Don’t recommend this company. The customer service sucks. I couldn’t even dispute the pending charges on my account. Definitely not for the customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I had a ssi deposit made Aug 31st in the amount of 824 dollars. My available balance should have been 824. Instead it was only 663. You can't overdraft this card and there is no transaction listed with other transaction I made so where's my 160 dollars? They won't let you dispute. Rush Card claiming they are not a merchant. I don't know how to post a screenshot of this transaction to prove they steal from people.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

Don't trust RushCard. They left me stranded in a foreign country without access to my funds and it never stated on the policy terms you can't use international. People that experience this need to sue Rushcard.

RushCard Company Information