Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

Hey Kymberly! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your RushCard! Thanks for taking time to share your great experience!

Original review: March 1, 2017

Love the card. Great. Customer service is great. Employees are great. Love how my money is loaded. Had the card for 3 years. No problems yet. I love this card. They're fast and on time. I love the app. It works great and it's convenient. I can load a check, transfer money to others Rushcards and keep track of my purchases.

RushCard

Hello Ranee! Thanks for your support and positive feedback! We certainly work hard to please our customers and we are happy that you are able to reap the benefits!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I've been a RushCard member since 2009, I've had no issues with rushcard. Customer service is always pleasant to deal with. I'm grateful that my direct deposit comes through two days in advance. That's always a plus. Thank you for your services.

RushCard

Hey NaTasha! Thanks for 8 years of committed membership and for the great feedback. We agree, RushCard is great for a variety of different situations and glad that you have found a great use for our services as well!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I have been a Rushcard customer for about 8 yrs. I love the benefits and I get paid before payday!!! The pause feature is the best. I have four cards and I use them all to pay bills, sent money to my son who lives hundreds of miles away, and at home emergency card for my girls, etc. I would highly recommend rushcard anyone.

RushCard

Hello Charlene! Thanks for your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your RushCard and know that we work hard for you!

Original review: March 21, 2017

Thank you for doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. All my experiences with your company has been a great joy. Your customer service really makes calling a ease. Whenever I have a problem, I'm always taking care of with such professionalism. Once again Thank You and your team.

RushCard

Good morning Candace. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience that has been faced. I took a look at your account and see that your refund has been sent back to the remitter. Note that it will take 3 to 5 business days to arrive back and once received, the remitter will process a paper check and send it to you directly. Should you need a more immediate response, please feel free to reach out to our Facebook and Twitter social media customer service agents who are online and available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I received an email & text from RushCard both on Tues, March 14th at 5:47 pm saying my IRS deposit was pending & they needed additional info. I called 7 times before I got a rep on the line who told me to call back the next day b/c she didn't see a pending post. Called the next morning (3/15) and the gentleman told me that it was pending and gave me a list of what they needed in order to release it to my account. I was told I could fax the info or upload it but uploading was quicker. Less than 6 hrs later I called back because I didn't see where to upload the documents. The first rep didn't have a clue so I hung up and called again. I spoke to another guy and he walked me through the uploading process. He claimed it was being escalated so they could go ahead and release it. I give them 12 hrs and call back to follow up and I am told that it had been processed to go back to the IRS because I didn't send the information in time!?!

I received an email and sent the info in less than 24 hrs so I don't understand. Then I'm told well that's a courtesy email, they don't have to send and was hung up on! Are you serious right now??? How would I know that you have my funds and any info is needed if you don't tell me!?! I am livid and they have definitely have lost a loyal customer! I'm a single mother and I work my butt off to care for my children. I have no idea what happens now and it has put me in serious bind financially.

RushCard

Hello Tiffany! We certainly apologize for your experience and would really appreciate the opportunity to make things right for you. Feel free to reach out to our social media customer service agents on both Facebook and Twitter Monday through Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm and we can help resolve these issues for you.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I been with RushCard since 2012. My card was gonna expire this month. I was calling weeks before to see when they're gonna send my new card. Last time spoke with representative, he deactivated my card. I called RushCard so many times. When I ask for supervisor, it took 30 minutes to speak with supervisor. Call in again, took an hour to get supervisor. I ask "Can I get corporate number, can I speak with someone from corporate?" I wasn't able to speak with anyone in America and wasn't able to get a number from corporate. I get direct deposit on this card, wasn't able to pay my bills and had to borrow money from family until my card came and pay them back. Horrible experience with RushCard. I wish they had customer service in America. I'm looking for another prepaid card company.

RushCard

Hello Kari! Thanks for your positive feedback. Unfortunately we no longer offer the purple card however if you would still like a different design, head over to www.rushcard.com and take a look at what we currently offer and we can get you a new card today!

Original review: March 16, 2017

Way back when Rushcard came out, they were the only one offering the services that they had at that time that I got it. Now, there’s a lot more debit cards but I stuck with them. In fact, I’ve been with them for ten years now and so far, it has been a good experience. One time my account got hacked and they stopped everything and I didn’t know something was going on and I was still able to get my funds back. Somebody was trying to book a trip and they notified me about it. I also like getting my paychecks sooner. Their reps were also calm, very informative and helpful.

However, every time I ask for a new card, they keep sending me the pink card and if I ask to get another card, they said there was a charge, which is weird because they have to make their money too, so another card shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve asked for a purple card but they still send this pink card. One time, they gave me a black card but I didn’t like that black card because the numbers erase a bit too fast. So I just kept the pink card with encrypted numbers so it’s better than the other one that I had. I wanted purple card with the diamonds on it but I never got that one. But other than that, I didn't have any problems with them. My mother and sister also have Rushcard.

RushCard

Hey Brenda! It sounds like you love RushCard as much as we do! Thanks for your support and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I've had RushCard since 2007 and wouldn't trade it for a regular bank account! I just love it!! I wouldn't even get a bank account because RushCard does the job. They let me get paid two days before a bank would and plus they don't allow me to go over if I don't have it in my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

RushCard

Hello Iris and thank you for your positive feedback! At RushCard, our customer satisfaction is important to us and we are glad to hear that you are enjoying your service!

Original review: March 15, 2017

I needed a debit card and a relative told me about RushCard. Since it's a Visa it's accepted mostly everywhere which is important and also, I get my money on time. I mostly rely on deposit to get the card loaded on and when family members needed to exchange money, we'll use RushCard. In addition, their reps were real good. Once, when I first started using it, something happened with my card and they had sent a check to me promptly so there was no dispute. I have recommended RushCard.

RushCard

Hey Beulah, thanks for the positive feedback! We are glad that you are able to utilize our services and we can protect you when needed!

Original review: March 13, 2017

I was traveling in Mexico and lost my card. I called RushCard to put a hold on the card until I could locate it. The card had actually gotten stuck in an ATM and the bank was able to get it released. I immediately called RushCard back and they removed the hold.

RushCard

Hey Marwan, thanks you for taking time out to write your thoughts about RushCard. We understand that sometimes it can be difficult with customer service, however feel free to reach out to our social media team on both Facebook and Twitter Monday through Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm where can provide you immediate customer service!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I make online payment and online purchases with my RushCard. It’s pretty convenient. Transactions usually go through with no problem as long as I have the money on the card. There was a store I went to that didn't accept my card because it was a Visa. They only take certain types of cards. I’ve been there since then with someone else working there and the transaction went through with no problem. So I just assumed maybe it was a new guy. He just didn’t know his job or didn’t really understand how to do certain things. I also do direct deposit with my card as I get my checks at about a three-day window. However, I don’t like it when I call their customer service. It’s a call center in India and we can’t understand each other.

RushCard

Hello Shakarra! We certainly apologize for the inconvenience, however it is important that we are able to properly identify you so we ensure your funds do not go to someone other than yourself. Please feel free to follow up on this note and we will be more than happy to assist you further in this matter.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I hate RushCard so much. Again I'm going through some bs with them just as I did last year. I got my IRS refund deposited into a RushCard and I ordered a RushCard because I lost the one from last year. They never sent my card to my address and said it was returned and then when I requested for another one they told me I need to review my identity and fax over paperwork. I have done it 2x's and they said it's not clear so they are holding my refund hostage. I'm reporting this company to everyone I can think of because I want my money away from this company. They have horrible service and they play too many games.

RushCard

Hi Rachel. We are glad you enjoy using your RushCard. If you do have any future issues, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our RushCard Customer Service on Facebook or Twitter. We have customer service agents available Monday through Friday 9am-5pm EST. Thank you.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The card works great and is wonderful until you have an issue and then forget about. Customer service is worthless. Calling is a waste of energy and no one has any authority to think outside the box. I avoid that number like the plague and hope nothing goes wrong.

RushCard

Hey Patreice. Thanks for the positive feedback! We are very glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard and the services it offers.

Original review: March 9, 2017

RushCard has made my life easy. With my busy schedule I hardly have time to run and pay bills or send money. The Rush is convenient, easy to use, you can load the amount you wish and I've had no hassles.

RushCard

Hi Chantee. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. If you still need further assistance please feel free to reach out to our customer service agents on Facebook or Twitter. They are available to help customers Monday through Friday 9am-5pm EST. We would certainly like to turn this experience around for you.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I have been with RushCard for over 10 years and I never had a issue until recently. I have sent my documents into this company for a new card twice and I have done exactly what they have asked and still no card. Every time I call in they say it has been cut or some other bs and they have been very rude. Now I don't know what they doing with my information but I can't use my card because my information has rubbed off on it and they won't send a new one.

RushCard

Hey Darnell. We are very glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard. We value you as a customer and thank you for the feedback!

Original review: March 8, 2017

Just simply love my card???? Just wanna see a better quality in the card itself because after a couple of time the card becomes unable to read or use. So having a better quality card would probably do the trick but other than that I love it plus I've been a member since 2009.

RushCard

Hi Patrick. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We are working diligently to fix the communication barriers between our members and customer service. If you still need to update your address please feel free to reach out to our customer service agents on Facebook or Twitter to get the help you need. Thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Trying to change my address. 1st I couldn't understand the person on the other end on the phone. They wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor all 3 time I called.. This will be my last time dealing with RushCard.. They have no idea how overseas staff and break a company.

RushCard

Hi Patrick. We are very happy to know you are enjoying you RushCard after all this time. We value you as a customer and would like to thank you for your positive feedback!

Original review: March 6, 2017

I've been with RushCard for a long time since when Russell Simmons first came out with it so the company must be doing something well. At the time, I didn't want anything linking my account to my bank. It was the best card out then. Also, back in the days if I use it enough, they give me part of my money back at the end of the month but they don't do that anymore which is the only bad thing. But it's still a good card. The best thing is I can’t spend what I don’t have on that card, so I’ve saved tons of money by using the prepaid card. And also by going out on trips and making sure I have receipts, I can always pan out the RushCard part of it in case I lose the receipts for work stuff.

I get my check two days early and using the direct deposit option is not difficult. I used to do the Wal-Mart one but it's such a hassle. It used to be good because I go up there and if I want to do $700, I could do it. But now, I got to have two separate payments if a purchase is over $500. It makes it look like they’re trying to be greedy with the loading the money part of it. But the RushCard people have been good. I call up there and they service me well. I can understand what they're talking about.

RushCard

Hi Majorie. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. With promotions, if the promotion code is entered in the application and the requirements have been met, then it can take up to 24-48 hours for the credit to post. If you have any future issues or concerns with RushCard please feel free to contact our customer service agents on social media. Thank you.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I loaded my Rushcard for the first time and they took a few off the top, I was unaware of. The rep said it was because the color card I chose. Then the rep said in an hour I would have the $25 promo added to my card and it did not happen. I called back and they said I would have to wait 24 hrs for the promo credit. After speaking to a supervisor, he said he was sorry I was misinformed but he could not do anything. I feel they should be accountable for they're training of properly educating their employees and should have been able to correct the situation immediately. Poor Customer service and will no longer use this card, nor recommend it to anyone. I can't believe Russell Simmons would attach his name to this.

RushCard

Hello Paul! Thanks for taking time to provide your positive feedback regarding RushCard. We are excited to hear that you are able to utilize the benefits of our services!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I love my RushCard, they have always been there for me when I need them and my check is deposited when it is suppose to be and early. So thanks RushCard and keep up the great work!!! Great card to have - customer service is excellent.

RushCard

Thank you for being a loyal customer, Corsheena. We are glad you are enjoying your RushCard and appreciate the positive feedback!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I've had RushCard for 10 years. I like the calculator that they have which has been able to show me where my money is going so, in some areas, I spend less and save more. I'm benefiting from the fact that I'm saving more every month instead of spending frivolously. It's also very convenient to use it to pay bills online and for direct deposit, too.

RushCard

Hey Monique.Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and are glad to know you are enjoying your RushCard!

Original review: March 2, 2017

Awesome service. Amazing benefits. A great reason to stay with RushCard. I've been with RushCard for years and it's been a great experience. I fairly had any problems because they were resolve immediately. Thanks for the Stressed free financial leeway to helping my home pay bill and take care of business for my children. Raised without family or friend I know I can trust RushCard to get things done.

RushCard

Hello Betty! I took a look at your account and unfortunately there is nothing indicating an attempted deposit. Please call our Customer Service line at (866) 787-4227 for further assistance or reach out to our Social Media agents on Facebook and Twitter Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and we can take a look further into this issue for you.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I called the other day to try and track a cash deposit I made to my card and all I got was prompt after prompt after prompt but no live representative. I still don't know what happened to the payment I made because each time I check my balance it says it's $0.

RushCard

Hello Sharmaine! We certainly apologize for the inconvenience you have dealt with. Please feel free to work with our Social Media agents on Facebook and Twitter in the future. Agents are available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and ready to serve you!

Original review: March 2, 2017

This is the worst customer service I've had to deal with. No one can help you real time. They have very smart mouths and when you ask for a supervisor they refuse. I will be cutting these two cards up. I tell everyone.

RushCard

Hello Jose! Thank you for taking to to share your feedback. If you are having problems, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team via phone at (866) 787-4227 or via social media on Facebook and Twitter where agents are available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm to serve you.

Original review: March 2, 2017

The service and everything has been good. Only problem is sometimes I can't do transfers. I have to wait and keep trying till it works. That would be the only issue I have. Direct deposit works very well.

RushCard

Hello Nijia! I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we do not track deposit files but know that they are added to customer accounts as soon as we receive them. I took a look at your account and see that you still have not received your deposit through RushCard. If anything was incorrect such as the name on the file, the direct deposit ID and routing number or maybe you provided the 16 digits card number and received a replacement card, that will all effect you receiving your funds. In any of that occurred, your funds will be sent back to the remitter and they will process a paper check for you which can take additional time. We apologize for the inconvenience and feel free to reach out to our Customer Service at (866) 787-4227 or on Facebook and Twitter Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm for further assistance.

Original review: March 2, 2017

The people who work at RushCard lie and couldn't text me any information on where my tax refund was. I mean NO ONE COULD TELL ME ANYTHING. I wouldn't tell anyone to be a part of Rushcard... and I have been a part of rushcard since November 2013.

RushCard

Hello Micheal! Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to RushCard, we certainly appreciate it and agree that RushCard is a pretty good service. As long as you are referring friends, make sure you check out our Refer-A-Friend promotion where you can receive up to $600 a year for referring your friends!

Original review: March 2, 2017

I've been a RushCard member since 2015 and I love it. I never had no problems and I love that with RushCard you get your check up to two days early. I would recommend and refer my friends to the fullest to use and apply for a RushCard. I'll stay using RushCard for a long time.

RushCard

Hello Michelle! Hopefully you have received your funds by now. Know that RushCard does not hold funds, however once they are sent from your employer they immediately go to our processing bank and from there to RushCard. This process can take a few days so depending on when the file is sent from your employer, the days can change but we will never exceed your original pay date.

Original review: March 2, 2017

So far it's been great. I didn't receive my funds today. I always get my money 2 days early except for today. Don't know what's going on. Hard to speak with customer service. I'll try find out what the problem is. I'm a little worried and upset.

RushCard

Hey Janice! Thanks for your support and kind words. At RushCard, you as a customer are our priority so we are very happy to hear you are enjoying the RushCard services!

Original review: March 2, 2017

RushCard has been a very good experience. I've been with RushCard since 2009, and I've never had a problem. All questionable purchases or any deductions or any transactions that I've had have been resolved in a timely manner. And everyone has been very helpful.

RushCard

Good morning Jennifer! I apologize for the inconvenience you have dealt with. If you are having problems with the fees you are encountering, ordering a replacement card and reaching a customer service agent, please feel free to reach out to our social media agents via Facebook and Twitter where agents are online and available to serve you Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I have made countless efforts to get a replacement card. I can't even check my online account because I don't know my 16 digits. I also had many charges charged I have no idea why and the ATM fees of $11 are absurd at a free no charge ATM. Thank you.

RushCard

Good morning Derricka! I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our social media customer service team who is available on both Facebook and Twitter Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm to help with all your customer service needs.

Original review: March 1, 2017

You guys don't care about the customers. Majority of your agents are foreign. You guys lie and are very rude. I've also been hung up on when I wasn't being rude. Hate your company. There's a million reviews that speak negatively on your company. I'm one of them. I will never use RushCard ever again.

RushCard

Good morning Nichole! I took a look at your account and see that you were able to transfer the funds from your Goal Setter account. In the future, please feel free to reach out to our Social Media Customer Service agents who are available on both Facebook and Twitter Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I called in because I couldn't transfer my funds from my Rush Goals to my account. Speaking to your agent who seem to not understand what I was explaining. This was a very draining experience. And for me to have to keep writing in order to fill the count is really draining also.

RushCard

Hello Julia! Thanks for the positive feedback! We apologize for the inconvenience, we will certainly work to provide you with more information you deserve!

Original review: March 1, 2017

I been with RushCard for quite a few years. My only complaint is the communication when something is wrong. On times when their system was down, no information, no answering phones, nothing... I am usually forgiving but I want details and I wanted expected fix time.

RushCard Company Profile