Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

Hey Jo Carole! Thanks for being such a wonderful customer!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

A friend of mine years ago had a RushCard when it first came out and she told me about it being satisfactory. I got mine back in 90's and use it to pay bills and make online purchases. Then I reload through the direct deposit option. It's very convenient. RushCard process worked very well. The only thing that I don't get anymore is the alert which I used to get when it's loaded. Other than that, everything is excellent. I would recommend them.

RushCard

Hey Arlene, thanks for your feedback and for being such a wonderful customer. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your RushCard! Please feel free to reach out to us if we can be of any help to you and keep an eye out for our new tax sweepstakes where one lucky person will win $15,000 or have their tax return doubled just by being a RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have recommended RushCard. I've had mine for years and I'm happy with it. I've been doing great as far as budgeting, and that is a big benefit for me. Instead of going straight to the bank and pulling out a mass amount of money or having cash on hand, it's easier for me to go to stores and swipe the card. It's also so much easier that I pay everything over the phone and it works out good. I've had great experiences with their team too. They're very polite and understanding. When I have a problem, they're quick to handle it.

I confirmed my routing & account number for my Tax Refund to be deposited into my account. I was pleasantly pleased with the service, accuracy and the care I was provided. Rush truly takes the time to tend to any needs I have and is eager to please and offer any assistance needed. Thank you Rush!

I have been a RushCard holder for over 5 years, it is a great card to get paid with and to use to pay bills. However there are many places you cannot use it, like to rent a car and even some hotels.

I live in New York and I don't have access to the bank that she is affiliated with. I have to go to another bank that's not affiliated with you and I have I'm being charged a fee. That's the only thing I don't like about RushCard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

I love my RushCard. My check comes one, two days early and my card is handy for paying bills. I love the text updates I get to my phone about low balances and deposits. I have recommended you to my family members.

My favorite thing about RushCard is with Direct Deposit I get my paycheck two days early. The convenience of free ATM withdrawal at local ATMs. But the fees are not so great. Last year around they had free from fees but they didn't have this year.

RushCard is the best prepaid card out there. I love it. I get paid 2 days before with direct deposit. It's a reasonable loading fee when you go to load your card. I can pay anywhere with my RushCard and I been a member since 2009.

I have been a Rushcard customer for about 8 yrs. I love the benefits and I get paid before payday!!! The pause feature is the best. I have four cards and I use them all to pay bills, sent money to my son who lives hundreds of miles away, and at home emergency card for my girls, etc. I would highly recommend rushcard anyone.

The fees are sooo low and it's better than every other prepaid card I ever had. My money is never late or lost and everything super easy! I also love the text alerts so if my card is ever charged I get a message straight away and that's a nice safety net. Thanks RushCard!

I am extremely happy with my RushCard. I enjoy getting my money early. I just wish that I too was able to receive $50 dollars that you are offering new customers. I think those of us that has been with you for years should also be compensated. Nevertheless I am super happy with my RushCard.

You all are great too. I appreciate everything you've done. Gave us our paychecks and taxes earlier than expected. Only thing that was issue is that you will have a spending limit of 2500. When I allowed us to do things in one day that took a total of 3 days plus to do what we had to do. If you could eliminate the spending limit of 2,500 per day that will make people life easier.

Early deposit is my favorite perks for RushCard. It allows me to balance my money better because I know when I can schedule payments without the stress of going overdraft. I'm always try to recommend RushCard to family and friends who may have had some other bank issues.

I have been with RushCard since 2007, and my experience has been a great one. Except for when they shut down for those few days. RushCard is continually to evolve and I love it. I love the fact that we can cash checks with the mobile app and every time I call the customer service is awesome.

There are only a couple issues I have with RushCard. Customer Service - There is a lot of reps that their grammar, comprehension and English is not very well. Updates when there are system issues. The timely of deposits. The timely of escalations.

I've only had the card for a few months now, I chose to close my personal checking due to all the hidden fees. I'm more than impressed with all the options to deposit my funds so easily. I'm able to send cash to others connected with a few simple steps...Great Job!!

I love my RushCard. I can manage my money better. I like that I get transactions alert and I can get a true balance at anytime. I know when money is deposited to my account. Whenever I had to call consumer services the people are very nice and helpful. I prefer my RushCard over a traditional bank account.

Nothing but good things to say about this card... I use it for payroll direct deposit and it works just fine for me... I have and will continue to share it with friends... I just wish I could get my mobile site to work... because I don't like the fact of having to call every time to get my balance.

I love RushCard! I have never had any problems and they have always been great to me. I get my money ahead of time. I had my daughter change over and she loves it too. I tell everyone that they should get an account!

I have been a member of RushCard for the past 10 yrs and was very happy with it until this tax season. To start direct deposit I used my account number just as I did last tax season but, this year they have changed it and now you have to use the direct deposit ID number but, if you have already filed your taxes using your account number they are saying you will have trouble getting your refund. I don't understand what the big difference is because my paycheck is direct deposited and I didn't need to use the DD ID#. I'm very upset with RushCard for this. Other than that I like the card very much.

I have had a RushCard since December 2016 and at first I really enjoyed it being that I switched over from NetSpend to RushCard. I recently had a issue where I went to a ATM and the machine did not give me my funds so I filed a dispute which they said to allow up to 90 days for them to complete but to assure I am a happy customer they said after 10 business days I would get a provisional credit. Well the time has passed and I have not received it and when I called all I keep getting is "we will write a follow up." Meanwhile I have no funds and my frustration level rising.

RushCard

Hey Brian thanks for 10 years of loyalty and sharing your personal experience with us. We agree, RushCard is a great choice to do business!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I have RushCard for 10 years already and I use it to handle all of my business and my transactions. I get direct deposit on it which is not a problem. My experience is fine.

RushCard

Hey Julia! I apologize for the trouble you have experienced. We attempted to call you today to follow up on this issue. Please feel free to reach back out to us here or contact RushCard Customer Service at (866) 787-4227. We will attempt to call you again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I pulled money from my 401k for 14,040 and had it direct debited. They sent me a email that more information was needed to post my deposit. So I called customer service who told me to fax in documents Drivers license, SS card, information that I took withdrawal from Fidelity, and direct deposit info. I faxed them all in and was told money would post in a few days. I called in the following day and they said they are sending Fidelity back a check in 7-10 days. They stated my middle name is not on my RushCard but on all legal documents so that did not believe it to me.

However, they have been taking my paycheck and depositing it for 3 years, and deposited other amounts from Fidelity to my RushCard account when my full name is on my RushCard. I escalated the issue and showed them the 14,040 withdrawal information and they still refused to help me or give my money. I filed a BBB complaint and now I am looking for a attorney to file a lawsuit against them for unfair business practices. After this I will never use this company again!

RushCard

Hello Patricia! It was a please speaking with you on the phone today. I apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. If there is any more that we can do, please feel free to reach out to our customer service line at (866) 787-4227 or via Facebook/Twitter where our agents are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm EST.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Opened account in 03/2015, bank closed account in 07/2015. As of 02/08/2016, I have not received the balance of my account which is $401.68. I get the same response each time I get called or emailed. I had to contact the BBB of Cincinnati, Ohio. Someone from RushCard called and left a number and extension, which when I called back I was told that there was no such extension. My daughter is going same thing. Her amount is $468.00. It's such a fraud. We just want our money back. I have warned my family and friends of this. FRAUD.

RushCard

Hello Tiauna. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and certainly want you to feel better about your experience with RushCard. We tried to reach you via phone and left a voice message but if there is anything we can do to further assist you in this matter, please reach back out to us.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I have had the worst experience ever with RushCard. Due to RushCard I lost my home. I never received my replacement card. I tried for 2 maybe 2 1/2 weeks to get a hold of customer service due to their stupid automated system. I spoke with several reps, supervisors, and managers to get an express payment for my funds. I started my process on 2/2/2017 and to no avail do I have my funds. There's always more info that they need. So by that being said I have sent all info. It is now 2/7/2017 almost a week later and still nothing a lot of automated push back. So thank you RushCard for assisting in my homelessness. Worst company and customer service experience ever.

Factual basis uncertain

I've been with RushCard since 2014. I've filled a dispute three time and two out those three times they denied the request saying there was no error on their end. This last time my card was stolen and funds was taken out at two atms. As soon as I saw that money was taken out I CALLED ASAP! I was out of town dealing with a death in the family and wasn't checking my account every 5 seconds. I filled out the form and was told I would get a provisional credit on Feb 3rd. Checked my account and there wasn't anything there.

After getting the run around I was finally told that I will not be getting a credit and the dispute was closed!! This is their second time doing this. The first time I just took the hit. Then I spoke with a manager by the name of James who said they were doing me a favor by doing the investigation!! A FAVOR!!! That was not a favor, that's what my $5.95 a month pay for!! I opened a credit union account because they deposit early and I will be closing my account and never ever looking back!!

RushCard

Hey Prince, thanks for the positive feedback and letting others know how much we work for you!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Rushcard is really good. They have no fees. It's been more convenient since I used it. Also, when I called before, their rep was able to answer all of my questions.

RushCard

Henry it is great to hear that you are taking advantage of all the platforms that we offer here at RushCard. Thanks for the positive feedback and feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team via phone or on Facebook & Twitter if we can ever help you with your RushCard.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

RushCard has an easier process and costs less than bank fees. I've had them for ten plus years. I get alerts every time a transaction occurs and the app is so awesome. Everything is there and easily accessible. I have been able to use the RushCard online with a lot of places that won't accept prepaid Visa card, like paying back my student loans. Though I'm hoping that a lot of places move forward and allow this type of prepaid cards as well. But overall, I love the RushCard and the app. It makes everything easy for me.

RushCard

Hey Catina, thanks for the positive feedback! We certainly work hard for our customers and appreciate you taking time to let others know about how much you enjoy your RushCard!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have been with RushCard for 15 years now. I liked it early on when we used to get cash-back at the end of each month based on the amount of purchases that we’re making. They haven’t done that for quite some time and I would love for them to bring that back. That would have been the biggest benefit as well as being able to have a prepaid card with a Visa logo which helps with booking hotels and things of that nature. So far, it helps me keep track of my day to day finances. If I can’t pay with cash, I don’t need it which keeps me from using credit. So, it’s been great.

I use Direct deposit more but their reload locations are not difficult at all. After being a customer for so long, I just know where they are. Furthermore, I had technology snafu a year ago wherein I experienced a very unhappy cab driver. I was traveling and I never carry cash, so I just had my card but I couldn’t use it because they were changing over their technology then so he thought that I was trying to steal from him. He was very irate and called the police. It was a big scandal. So I had to work my way up from customer service all the way to corporate to get documentation that it had occurred. It wasn’t necessarily the most pleasant experience, but ultimately it was taken care of and I haven’t had any additional issues.

I like the transparency and the expediency in which Russell Simmons reacts to things. I know that there was litigation that came out of that issue. But for the most part, I like him being responsive, making a public statement, and taking responsibility. That’s what I look for in customer service with anyone I deal with and to have that is great. It would also like for them to look for other minority-owned companies to partner with. And for long-term customers like myself, it'd great if there would be an option where we could switch over from a prepaid situation into a regular credit card. That'd be a really good incentive for people to stay with the company long, or those that have been with the company to continue on.

No response received

RushCard

Hey Tobey! We apologize for the difficulty you have experienced in reaching an agent. We attempted to make contact with you but have been unsuccessful. In the future if you are having difficulty reaching a phone agent, please feel free to reach out to our live social media agents on both Facebook and Twitter.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My reason for writing this review is the lack of a phone number when you have an immediate need to speak with a representative. I have been a customer of the RushCard for a number of years and only recently can I recall it being so difficult to reach a live person. There needs to be an easier way when dealing with a company that houses our money. I haven't figured it out yet and I'm about to close my account and go with another provider. It's really sad that this is the only reason I am closing my account because it's such an easy fix.

RushCard Company Profile