2.93/5
Based on 474 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)
CBBB Rating
View More View More

4176 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I received my RushCard in the mail. I began the activation process only to have them activate my card with an email address I never seen before. When I tried to contact customer support to resolve this issue I received an automated response telling me to log into my account (which I cannot log into because they sent my activation email to the wrong address). I spent the next hour on the phone trying to reach a resolution to my problem without success. Ridiculous. I do not recommend this card to anyone. It's a complete scam.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

So my fiance filed a dispute on June 1st and was told that there was no need to send a replacement card so been using for 10 business days exactly to only go into a 7/11 and be declined, then go to an ATM also declined. So been on the phone now as I'm typing this, speaking with the Supervisor by the name Mel EID# ** who states that there is nothing she can do to reactivate this card and here it is Father's Day weekend and he has no money. She as well as the prior dispute rep Cathy EID# **. He requested to not be placed on hold and was put on hold several times, then they clearly have no idea what they are doing. Russell Simmons you put your name on a card to only hire foreigners who are definitely not trained. I've recorded the entire conversation for over 2 hrs to get nowhere.

He never gave them authorization to closed his acct. We are going to speak with an attorney on Mon and play them the recording of the conversation especially the part where both representatives admitted they/RushCard was at fault. So being they are overseas I'm assuming they don't have to follow by US Consumers Laws. So we are extremely frustrated with no money for the holidays as well as gas in the car. It's now 3 hrs and still as I'm typing this for him and still no avail. Mel even got loud a few times with him and still says we can't reactivate his card. Mel says she's the only Supervisor that RushCard hired for disputes. After reading some reviews I see a lot of transaction speaking on Mel. Mel needs to be fired immediately. She said, "They offshores." Lol.

Now funny thing is they tell him that his dispute was closed and they found no fault sooo why closed his card? She said it should of been 14 calendar days/10 business days and they messed up. So he the consumer supposed to suck it up and when asked that exact question she told him, "Yep. Suck it up." I sooo hope his call was recorded, she kept answering questions that wasn't even asked of her and repeating herself. Poor customer service all around. Only option she gave after saying it wasn't an option is he can expedite the replacement card for $30.00 and she can't waive the fee. So RushCard is at fault. Clearly admitted to it but yet he supposed to pay for their mistakes. Smh. I hope someone gets back to us ASAP or I'm going to see about a class-action lawsuit because this ridiculous.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My daughter had my card and she lost the card along with the PIN number attached (so she can remember it). Well somebody went to the ATM, took all my money out and now they said they seen no error. Coincidentally on the same day I was told they were gonna give me a provisional credit. Now my bills are behind and in order for me to reopen my dispute I have to open a whole new dispute and wait 30 days just for an answer... sooo pissed off. I been with them since 2007 so I’m not gonna be a member of RushCard for long.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Yes RushCard is a fraud taking from poor working people hidden amounts of money from their tax funds. RushCard took 43 from my state income tax. This is the first time and last time I use them. I tried speaking to customer care. They are not good speaking English and are very aware of the problem and explain they don’t have a dispute office or a person to solve this. Well you fooled me once. Shame on you Rush. Second time would be my fault. Yeah I pass on rich crooks. Thanks for letting me know how you make your money! Off poor working grandmothers like me.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I've been a customer since 2015. No problems until I tried to dispute a claim totaling $320.00. I was told that I would receive a dispute form via email that had to be printed and sent in. But... had no means of printing it from my phone. Which by the way was some days after the "10 day" period or whatever. They informed me the process could take up to 90 days for a resolution. Upon inquiring about receiving a paper form in the mail the representative informed me (after calling back and waiting to get it in the mail) they had the wrong address on file which I updated previously.

After all of this and returning the forms my dispute was denied. After 80 something days. Their explanation was no error was found??? Why not? There definitely was an error on their part numerous of times. I've never had this issue before and I NEED my money back! This sucks. They expect you to do just drop it and forget about YOUR money! What happened to customer service. Never use them again. I will never recommend them in the future. Matter of a fact I may just tell anyone DON'T DO IT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2018

I’ve been waiting for my money since April 18. I’ve been waiting patiently but it seems like nothing is working. I’m about to ask who can I talk to at corporate office. No one at RushCard can help me. I was getting my direct deposit to my card. I was out shopping with my card when it was canceled So I decided to cancel the whole card. I’ve been waiting on my remaining balance. It is June now. I believe I should be compensated due to the lack of employees at RushCard. I talked to so many representatives since April 18. It is now June 7. My direct deposit I get my money from Social Security and thinking about filing a lawsuit due to the facts RushCard do not investigate like a bank. Big facts. I am going to report this to the news that there should be an investigation on RushCard. It does not make any sense that 4100 and some odd people are damn near reporting the same thing. My biggest problem it’s been almost 90 days. There should be some kind of help.

RushCard response

Hi Lawrence. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

I woke up on May 19, 2018 to get money from an ATM I use frequently right near my home. I had just been paid by my employer on the 17th, and I got an insufficient funds error message which immediately told me something was very wrong. When I got home from the ATM and pulled my statement up on RushCardLive.com I find eighteen (18) fraudulent transactions done on May 18, 2018. Somehow, someway, someone was able to make an exact replica of my card as I still have my card in my wallet as I type this. The card does not have a chip, it has a VISA logo and a pin # and somehow these thieves made 9 back to back to back transactions at a TDECU ATM in Katy, TX about 20 miles away from Missouri City, TX where I live, they got the following out of this TDECU ATM in a matter of minutes: $280, $405, $405, $405, $405,$405, $205, $205, $205, and another $205.

Then they went a short time after that to a Dollar General Store in Houston and bought three (3) Vanilla Visa Gift Cards in the amounts of $504.95, $304.95, and $104.95. The other six (6) transactions totaling the eighteen (18) were $.50 ATM Balance Inquiry Fees at three other random TDECU ATMs (which btw stands for Texas Dow Employees Credit Union). I called RushCard Live immediately the second I found this out on May 19, 2018, and I spoke with 4 people two of which were supposed to be supervisors only to be transferred to an automated message that tells me where I can download a dispute form from their website. This is an utter joke. I had this happen one time at a real bank about 15 years ago and I had a provisional credit on my account immediately the same day I reported the fraud.

This RushCard Live tried to tell me I had to wait from May 19, to June 1st to file a dispute as I had to wait for the charges to go from a "Pending" status, to a "Posted" status, and then at that point I can file which will be another ten (10) days by federal law they have to investigate once I file. All of this is of course without giving me any provisional credit. I then went the same day May 19th to the Police Department and filed a Police Report and then I went to the Dollar General and asked them to see the footage of these transactions done with my card and there he was, the thief in all his glory, SWIPING a Payment Card which is obviously telling us he duplicated my card and got the pin somehow because again the card he is supposedly using to pay for these gift cards is in my wallet. The same card cannot be in two places at once.

I was allowed to record the footage by the store manager who has been the nicest person to me in this whole ordeal. I sent this footage to the police department and to the Green Dot Bank. I filed the claim with RushCard Live over the phone on May 19th. I spoke to 6 different people since then, all Filipino, all spoke very poor English and all pretended they did not know what I was talking about. I filed the Police Report on the 19th of May. The Green Dot Bank finally calls me on May 24th only to tell me they will not provide me with any kind of provisional credit as these were pin based transactions less than 15 miles from my home. I explained that clearly this was fraudulent use, I advised I had footage of the suspect swiping a fake card with my details on it at the Dollar General and would send him the info which I did.

Then after I explain how I am sitting at home with no gas money to put gas in my tank to get to work because this wiped out my entire checking account, money I had saved for my dental work, for my car payment, and my paycheck all of it taken in a manner of apparently minutes, and after all of this and explaining how I literally am not able to feed my children, I literally do NOT have family or friends or people around me that can help. I am completely 100% on my own with my wife and two kids, and four animals waiting for a bank to call me. Finally after what was supposed to be a ten day federal investigation period it took me calling on day 15 only to get an automated message that states "We have an update on your dispute" "It was denied. You will receive a letter explaining why we came to this decision within 7-10 business days." I am SHOCKED!!!! How can this be allowed to happen.

I have to negotiate something with my landlord to make sure I am not thrown out of my home and on to the streets. I have all of my utility, car, car insurance bills due now, etc. etc. etc. How can footage showing someone literally stealing with my card in their hands and yet somehow they consider this to be not enough proof??? I need help please. Thank you kindly for your time and for listening to my complaint and I apologize upfront for it being so verbose. I tried to keep it short. I have the entire report that I can submit if you need it, I also have the police report and the dispute forms and E-mails sent back and forth to the Bank and Police Dept.

RushCard response

Hi Joshua. We understand that your funds are important to you. RushCard Live is a prepaid Visa card issued by GreenDot Bank. For further assistance please reach out to them directly. We hope this helps.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2018

I lost my card last month and someone used it. I filed a complaint with RushCard and was advised by everyone that I turned in everything that needed to be turned in and I would have my money back in 10 business days. There was a total of $337.50 taken out of my account and I called every other day to see if the process could be faster and each person told me no. It would take the whole 10 days but my money was for sure going to be back in my account. Now today after calling to find out information because my money was not in my account, I was told that the dispute was closed and they did not see any errors. I turned in all of the documents and was told that there was no error. My money is gone, my card was used without my authorization and they found no errors. I asked her how did they not and the lady just told me that the response was final and that was it. I will NEVER bank with them again or recommend anyone else to.

RushCard response

Hi Erica. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 3, 2018

I used the atm, but because of some technical difficulties my transaction did not complete. The money was still deducted from my account in the amount of $483. RushCard reps keep telling me the systems are down. Nothing they can do, but refuse to admit the system outage has anything to do with my funds disappearing from my account. I cannot keep calling Rush every day for hour, I need assistance immediately.

RushCard response

Hi Monique. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had RushCard for a year now and every time I call Customer Service... I get 0 issues resolved. That’s right 0. I have waited 3 weeks for a dispute credit on fraudulent charges. I have spoken to Supervisors and Managers. The Dispute Dept. Supervisor “Mel”, clearly was unwilling to understand the problem. Everytime I have called CS, they have given me a different date. I have had to put off going to Urgent Care to treat a severe ear infection from black mold. Now, in result of waiting so long, I have lost my hearing. I filed reports with the BBB and they informed me that I'm not the first one. RushCard has many complaints for the same reason. Customer Service acts like every single thing is a secret that the customer shouldn't know. So I ask, “Why is it called customer service if they only serve Russell Simmons and not the customers." I do not recommend this card if you depend on your money being where you left it.

RushCard response

Hi Elizabeth. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can look into this further. Thank you.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My card was compromised, I immediately called to advise them. I did receive the dispute form right away (the only positive). I found out they have an outdated address, and the only way to update it was write a statement asking for an update, along with my ID, and social security card. Which was done 5/23 and 5/24. I was told I’d get a provisional credit in 6/7, which is ridiculous. I’ve called on three different times to check on my new card being processed, which by the way to get it in two days would be $30, after my card was compromised. First it wasn’t received, then it was, then I was told, "Allow the back office 24/48 hours to update the address." I called Tuesday to be told it wasn’t done but would be manually done, that day.

I called today to confirm, still no update but was told an offline escalation would be sent and to allow another 24/48 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for over 10 mins, someone picked up the phone several times, and without saying anything placed me back on hold. Before that I asked if I could close the card out, and receive a check. The answer was no. I am livid. Not to yo mention they neglected to tell me in the very beginning that once a card is blocked it can’t be reactivated, had I been told that I would have removed the funds I did have left before I allowed them to block it. I am totally dissatisfied with the company and I’m finally able to access my funds. This card will be destroyed!!!

Updated on 06/07/2018: Finally I was told my docs have been received to learn that they were rejected, when I asked why wasn’t I contacted they said they don’t contact customers we have to call them. I have been in the phone with company more than with my own family these past few weeks. Yet have now received and accepted my docs and have to wait 1-2 business days for corporate to update my address even though the rep told me it shows in the system. I asked to have my card expedited and have the $30 fee waived since I’ve had nothing but issues (on their end). That request was denied. That’s the least they could have done.

Nobody there cares about customers satisfaction. They responded to my first review by asking me to reply privately...why?? If 32 phone calls, and 8 faxes couldn’t resolve anything in a timely manner, what good is a private message going to do??? As soon as I get my card I will withdraw my funds, and I’m burning the damn card.

RushCard response

Hi Tana. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Poor customer service/Non American. Hard to communicate. I have disputes and each rep gives a different process. I am being charge to replace stolen card. I am having to wait for days to even file the dispute which cause more problems for me. This prepaid card service is a scam and I have filed with a lawyer. Anyone who need contact information for a free lawyer please contact me at **.

RushCard response

Hi Stephanie. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have been with RushCard for 9 years. In 2015 their system crashed and a lot of people were stranded some instances for weeks. This didn't affect me so I was unaware of it. In April of this year I planned a trip to Thailand. I had everything paid for. I wanted to replace my cheap card for a new one because you couldn't see the numbers anymore. They told me it would take 5-7 business days and I could still use the old one. Almost 3 weeks later no card. I ask them to send me another one. They tell me I can do a 2 day service. I ask them, "Can I still use my old card." They tell me yes. So I tell them to send it regular thinking that if it doesn't come in time I'll just use my old one.

A couple days before my trip I try to use my card and it's blocked. I miss my plane to Bangkok. So not to let a 2 week vacation go to waste I book a trip to Veracruz, Mexico. I work in San Diego but live in Tijuana, Mexico. We're talking less than $500 for transportation & an apartment. I get to Veracruz and I can't use my card anywhere. I call them and they tell me that the card is temporarily blocked because the system showed that the activity was outside my billing area. That was 4 days ago and it has not been resolved yet. I've been living on the $30 I had in my pocket when I got here and I have to leave Friday on a bus to Mexico City which is going to cost me about $31 that I don't have access to right now. In other words this company is not the same company that it was 4 yrs ago, especially for traveling to another country. THEY SUCK!!!

RushCard response

Hi Daryl. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

On January 25th I got an email notifying me that RushCard closed my account and they were sending me a bill payment check and I should receive it within 7 to 10 business days after January 25th. I have been calling since February 17th twice a week to get the status of the check that they sent or to cancel that check and send me a new one and nothing has happened. It is now May 30th and I still have no check and they still keep on telling me they have not received a response from their corporate office. Is there really a corporate office? I don't understand this. I have been in customer service for over 30 years and this is the worst I've ever dealt with. I have been the frustrated customer, the nice customer, the customer that cusses you out and it has gotten me NOWHERE. I have talked to several supervisors (RAMON, JOSE, MGR NAMED YVONNE). I really don't believe these are their names.

The agent say, "Wow yes. You have called plenty of times looking for the status of this but I don't have a status so can you call back within 48 hours." 5 months of a lot of calling back and still nothing. They don't care! So I will be calling back in another two days to get the status of the escalation. (20 escalation sent) This is getting ridiculous. They have even lied and said that they sent it checked out and I should receive it within 7 to 10 business days back in April and guess what nothing! I do not recommend RushCard to ANYBODY!

RushCard response

Hi Kristian. We understand your concern and understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I am gonna file a lawsuit against RushCard and MetaBank. Some of my money is missing out of my account and every day I call, someone gives me a new policy or they give me the same answer but no results. I was supposed to have a provisional credit applied to my account which has yet to happen. Regulation E of the FDIC states banks must issue and release funds within 10 days after receiving a complaint. I’m taking this one to court.

RushCard response

Hi Jacques. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have this card for convenience to keep my actual banking info offline. And I must say it is horrible! I recently rented a U-Haul truck for a move, this card had more money on it in the moment so I used it for the deposit hold. U-Haul assured me I would get that money back within 3-5 days. It’s now 7 days since I paid U-Haul in full the balance I had owed them with another funding source & RushCard is claiming they have up to 10 days to hold my funds! This is the worst experience I’ve ever had out of a prepaid debit card. Not only are their fees excessive. When I called to try and address this situation, they don’t even have an option to speak to a live agent on their ‘automated phone system.’ How can a financial services company actually be allowed to get away with that! Seriously! #grabYourWallet Don’t use this card! It sucks & the company behind it sucks too!

RushCard response

Hi Amy. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I have been calling RushCard for the past week about a hold on my account and the issue still has not been resolved. I have spoken with 3 different supervisors who all tell me the same thing. That my funds would be available sometime today or tomorrow. I have been told this since the 14th. I am a single mother of 3 who is a full time student and worker. So for me to wait almost 2 weeks for something that should have taken 2 or 3 days. To RushCard it might not be a lot but to a single mother of 3 100 is a lot. And as of today May 23rd my funds still have not been released. They have confirmed that they have received all the necessary information from the merchant authorizing the release but still nothing has been corrected. I have to borrow money from people for gas money and other expenses until payday which means I'm losing money and am being set back because of this. I just want my money back.

RushCard response

Hi Courtney. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 22, 2018

So my card just all of a sudden stop working. No fault of my own. I called in to report it and they want me to pay $5 and they said it's nothing they can do on their end. What type of crap is that. It's not expired nor is it bent or damaged. Then to make matters worse, all that I was able to talk to was people who you can't understand a bit of their English. I will never recommend RushCard to anyone. I am very dissatisfied with Kormora and Russell. They can shove this card right where the sun don't shine???

RushCard response

Hi Lamisha. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

When I saw RushCard, I read about it and decided to go ahead with it. RushCard is for me to take care of my monthly bills, which is what it was designed for. I really like that with the direct deposit, I can get my money in advance. However, the only hiccup about it is paying $1 for each transaction. Each time I swipe my card, they charge for it. Also, I rarely use the reload option because I’m also charged about $4 for it. But, other than that, it is fine. Also, RushCard helps me out when I call.

RushCard response

Hi Andrea. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it! Also, please know we do offer another monthly fee plan type. This monthly fee plan is our Rush Unlimited plan that charges $7.95 per month. This is discounted to $5.95 per month when actively receiving deposits each month. You can change your monthly fee plan on your online account. We hope this helps.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The dispute process take entirely too long. If you can't find a phone number for a merchant that a automatic red flag! My money has been disappear from my account quite often and I been with RushCard almost 10 years. Really start think it's time for a change.

RushCard response

Hi Tanesha. We understand your concern. If you need any further assistance please send us a private message. Thank you.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I've had RushCard for many years and with it, I have early deposit. But I've disliked that fact that there is a deduction of $1 for each transaction.

RushCard response

Hi Tracy. Thanks for providing your feedback. We appreciate it! Also, it sounds like you have chosen our Pay As You Go monthly fee plan. This fee plan charges $1 each time the card is used. We have another monthly plan called Rush Unlimited that charges $7.95 per month. This is discounted to $5.95 per month when actively received deposits each month. You can update your monthly fee plan on your online account. We hope this helps.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have had a RushCard and have been using it for my direct deposit ever since 2010. I had a situation where I was "unavailable" for six months. My direct deposits were still being sent to the card. When I checked my balance most of the money was gone. It would have been physically impossible for me to use my card. I called the company and they seemed understanding about the situation told me that I will get a courtesy credit after 10 days not to worry. I have been a customer for 8 years and everything will be okay. On the day I was supposed to get a partial refund I was told that it was my fault that I left the information with someone and I need to go look to them to get my refund which was untrue. There was a communication problem with the dispute Department. I couldn't hardly understand what they were saying and most of the time they were very rude.

Over the eight years I've had this card I've never had any issues or problems and now all of a sudden when I use the dispute Department after 8 years of no problems with the card at all I am receiving no help and my case was closed. I had to send a rebuttal letter to the company to get the case reopened and every time I call to check on it I get the runaround. I'm a military veteran and I have mine check sent to this card every month I'm very disappointed in the service and their lack of sympathy to my situation. As of today I just called still getting the runaround not knowing when or if I will get my money back. After this is all over I'm seriously considering just a regular account because if anything ever happens I'm not confident that I would have the support I need from customer service.

I'm very disappointed and disgusted because this is put me in a very bad financial situation. Thousands of dollars are missing and I have not used it. I do not recommend this card in this day and age when people can so easily access your information because there is no guarantee that the company will feel the need to give you your money back. I feel like its uses are being made so I don't get my refund. I have sent 32 pages of information confirming that I was not using the card at that time. Fax it over 50 pages. This is ridiculous. There are so many other cards out the other choose from. I don't recommend this one because if you ever have a problem with fraud of any kind more than likely you will not get your money back. And if me being a customer for almost 10 years is any indication of their loyalty and sad to say new customers will not stand a chance.

RushCard response

Hi Cornesa. We understand the importance of your funds. Please send us a private message so we can look further into this issue. Thank you. -KR

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been a customer with RushCard for over 5 years now and this will be my LAST YEAR! This company is a nightmare. I only signed up for RushCard because of how my bills are set up and the pay is supposed to be 2 days before your scheduled at date. They used to be great until allegedly they got a new bank. My name is hyphenated and it has been all of my life. I set up my account using just one of my last names as I normally do. In 2014 I was asked to send in my driver's license and social security card due to my IRS tax refund showing my full name with both last names. Ok I understand so I send them the documents and of course they are approved. I had nooo issues until starting last year when I started to get my deposits later and later. So I asked about it and was informed that they would need those documents AGAIN!

Why would you need them again if it's already in your system and approved? No one can answer that question, everyone says "oh that is just policy" but no one can seem to explain why it disappeared from my account. I still getting my deposits for employment and IRS refunds BUT it's late because supposedly it has to be manually posted to my account AFTER being reversed back to my employer first. The "manager" kept saying, "Yes I can see that in 2014 we requested documents and you did send them, however we need them again because they are no longer valid." My social security card has NOT CHANGED!!! This is horrible so I am closing my RushCard account as soon as my funds are released. They are unprofessional and are only programmed to apologize. No one can give valid information. I am letting EVERYONE know DO NOT use this company. It's not worth it!!!

RushCard response

Hi Lacoya. We understand your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message for further assistance. Thank you.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Rushcard was prepaid at the time and I'm not a person to do bank account, so it was convenient for me. I utilize a reload location and I used to have direct deposit, and I've had some pretty good experiences. The only thing I didn’t approve of was when they stopped using CVS as a place for you to let you reload your card. They should have sent out notices because I loaded a few hundred dollars on my card and I was not aware that CVS doesn’t load anymore. It took several weeks for them to reimburse my money back off of my card. I had another incident a week before last when Amazon took money off of my card and Rushcard can't tell me how it came about, just that it came from Amazon. And I've been waiting on them to correct that issue and it still hasn’t been corrected.

RushCard response

Hi Nina. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you are enjoying your RushCard. If you have any issues that need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact customer service at 866-787-4227 or on social media. We have agents available on social media Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm EST.

Original review: May 9, 2018

My been w/ RushCard since November 2017 and of course the payday earlier is what attracted me. Everything started out just fine but for the past month I started getting my direct deposit later in the day on Friday. Most recently I have a pending charge on my account that’s has been going on from almost 2 weeks. I've called and speaker to three different reps & and 2 supervisors and everyone gave me a different answer. I still haven’t got my money back. I would recommend NEVER using RushCard. They are not a good company!

RushCard response

Hi Courtney. We understand the importance of your funds. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2018

I've been with RushCard since 2015 or 16 or so. Now for the first time I had a direct deposit from the IRS which was my tax money onto my card that I had to dispute because I never received it and never got it. The card was stolen and I put a dispute within that week. I do not have text notification because I have the whole totally different new number that I've been have the last last year. Now I would do anything news reporters BBB all the above to get what's owed to me. I don't understand it. It's not like RushCard gave me the money. The IRS gave me my money that I work hard for. I wouldn't recommend nobody for this card. This is absurd and I will get to the bottom of this.

RushCard response

Hi Gerell. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I was already in the process of changing banks when I experienced ANOTHER horrible ordeal with RushCard and their customer service. Hopefully this will be the last one before I switch over in a week. Last night I noticed that there were funds missing from my account. Upon further investigation, I found out that I had 4 unauthorized withdrawals taken from my account. I called RushCard immediately to file a dispute. Not only was the customer service horrible as always, but they blocked my account without warning, and told me this was "company policy".

I now have zero access to my funds and have to wait 7-10 business days for a new card to come in the mail, mind you my direct deposit hits my account in 5 days. They also gave ME an option to have a card expedited to me for a 35$ fee, even though they are the ones who blocked my account without authorization. After reading some of the other complaints, I can only imagine what kind of ordeal I will be going through while attempting to get my funds back that were taken from my account. I can not WAIT to leave this company for good. Very disappointed in Russell Simmons. They ruined my week, possible 2.

RushCard response

Hi Troy. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Well I order a product and never received it once. I realized that it was taking a month, I decided to try and contact them and stop payment to get a refund. Well it took them a week to contact me back and they told me I would have my money. I still haven’t received anything the product or the money. I ordered the product 04/11/2018. I got the response 04/25/2018 finally after many attempts to the contacts they made available. It’s been longer than they said that I would receive my refund. I also have a complaint against RushCard for not stopping the payment when asked. Yet they put in a dispute, canceled my card and sent haven’t stop payment yet. Told me I’d have to wait for a 90 day review.

RushCard response

Hi Candice. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have been with RushCard since 2004. I use this card daily, monthly, paying bills and making purchases. It was very convenient for me. Today I found out my account has been closed without any notification or reasoning of why. I cannot speak with corporate. I have to wait for a letter in the mail per RushCard. This is a big inconvenience for me as I was in the process of loading money to my card to pay my monthly bills today. I found out that I am not the only person whose card or account has been closed suspiciously all of a sudden by RushCard or MetaBank as RushCard says.

My best friend just tried to access her account online which states closed and was told the same thing from RushCard. When she called with no explanation. My son's account has been closed today as well. No explanation. My daughter-in-law's account closed today. No explanation. Only thing we're told is any money on the card would be sent in 30 Days by paper check. Really? I'm pissed. I need explanations. We've done nothing for Agilent. We only got the cards because they were convenient for transferring Monies family member to family member when needed. I need explanations ASAP.

RushCard response

Hi Lavina. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look. Thank you.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I heard about RushCard from the Russell Simmons show and I thought that at the time, RushCard was offering something that was a little bit better than what the competition was. A lot of the prepaid cards always had extra fees so I figured I would give RushCard a try. It's been about five years since I've had RushCard and it has the flexibility of having direct deposits. I have my Social Security come on it and if you're dealing with basic stuff, RushCard makes things easier, like getting groceries, paying for things, dealing with expenses and making online purchases. I've basically become disabled and with the direct deposit, I don't have to go and refill like on other prepaid cards.

In the past, I had an issue because there was a back due amount of funds from Social Security. When I called in customer service, it was like a place in India and they were telling me that they were holding my money for some reason. There was no clear explanation why or what the story was until a few calls later. I found that they were holding my money because they said it was an amount that was above the limit. But not only had I given them information previously, the information was in the direct deposit that was coming from the government. I didn't understand why that was an issue at all. It was a needless frustration to deal with.

RushCard response

Hi Ryan. Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us. We appreciate it and appreciate you as a loyal customer.

RushCard expert review by Beverly Harzog

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

RushCard Company Information