RushCard

• 4 stars13%
  • 3 stars8%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars12%

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

I've stayed with Rushcard for a while now and it's a lot easier to put the money on the card and to get it off. I just have the Rushcard and I can go anywhere to use it and I can go to any bank and get money out. It’s great not carrying cash. Also, I'm bedridden and I do most of my shopping online and it's very convenient and easy. Loading the card with cash is very easy too. Because I don’t walk, my son-in-law is the one who goes to the reload locations to load it for me.

The customer service of Rushcard was very friendly as well. I contacted them when there was a time some people were taking money off my card because they had my account number. I canceled the card so they wouldn’t take from it anymore. I’m waiting to get another one. I'm very happy with Rushcard and glad I found it. I tried other cards and didn't like them.

It's been great using the Rushcard. I like its app and how I can just call it. It's very convenient using it to pay bills or do online purchases. When I lost my card, I had called Rushcard people and got some help, and it got locked real quick. Also, the reload locations aren’t difficult at all. The app tells the reload locations. I love Rushcard.

I had a good experience when I first opened the account a couple years ago but over the past year or so I'm unable to load various amounts to my account. I'm a college student and am unable to direct deposit my financial aid payments. Having the prepaid RushCard isn't convenient for me right now.

Rushcard had better review than others and it was recommended by a friend and a relative. Using Rushcard helps to pay my bills on time. I used to get my pay on the second Wednesday of the month and everything is due on the first so the earlier I get my pay the better. The people from their team are so polite and courteous. Anytime I have any situation, it's always rectified as soon as possible. I've had a pleasant experience every time and have never had a problem with the employees of Rushcard/MetaBank.

I love the RushCard! It's convenient. I've had for about 10 years. There may have been a hiccup twice where for a while it seems I couldn't reach a live person but that's fixed. They respond to emails fast. It's overall a great card to have!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

I've had RushCard since February. I like the colors and of course, Russell Simmons. Setting up direct deposit was easy. There are no ATM fees and I've paid my bills with the card. It's been an excellent experience and I'd recommend RushCard to people.

Resolution In Progress

I have been waiting since May for a refund but nobody has any answers. Says it will be 45-90 days. Still nothing. I am seriously thinking of ending my relationship with Rushcard. Lately service has been horrible!

My brother told me about RushCard, so I got one and it's convenient. However, if I got my RushCard today, I have to wait a week for my direct deposit to come in. I was expecting to get my money and they said I couldn't get it till the next week and that felt very bad. It is written on the piece of paper but that's terrible. I lost the card one time and they sent me another one which was great.

Resolution In Progress

My Rushcard has not been working and I have missing funds. Every time I call they claim the back room is working on it. It has been over a week and I still have missing funds that they acknowledge is missing but can't do anything about it only the backroom! Please help! No one has contacted me back or anything.

I love my RushCard but I want text messages for my balance. I signed up but I don't get them. That's my only complaint.

Resolution In Progress

After the website was upgraded I lost my Bill Pay capabilities. I called customer service and still no fix for my issue. This is what I've been getting after I log in and try to edit or add Bill pay information. (We're sorry, but we do not recognize the login information you provided. Please contact customer support.) I've been a long standing member and I loved the service prior to the website change.

My experience with RushCard has been nothing but COMPLETE SATISFACTION. I've been a customer for the past 3 years. No matter how difficult things were You Always had my back. THANK YOU RUSHCARD.

I love using my RushCard to shop or pay bills online. But charging for every transaction is annoying. And loading the card is almost $4, your money doesn't go far. Then loading a check is ten days or like 6$ for same day money. Other than that I've never had problems. I see where people say their money is never on their cards but when I load at a store or load a check my money is right there.

With RushCard, I'm able to see what I got to do like paying my bills. I also have my paycheck on direct deposit. It's dependable and I'm able to book a trip without any problems. It's satisfying. The only problem that I do have is withdrawing a little bit at a time.

It was really scary when the whole system crashed. Otherwise every thing is going great since everything is back to normal.

I've been with Rushcard for years. They have good fees and it's a recognized brand. I've been able to spend a little bit more responsibly since using it and I get direct deposits. I've been able to use it to make online purchases and it's very convenient. Sometimes though when I try to load money on the card, like when I went to MoneyGram to load it, I have problems because I wanted to load more money on it but I can only load $200 max. So that makes it inconvenient sometimes. Also, for a couple of days, I've been trying to file a dispute and I can't get through on the dispute line so I can't file one. They say that the dispute line is busy. Other than that, it's a very good product.

My money gets deposited 2 days early, sometimes 3 before payroll hits. This is helpful if emergency pops up.

I like my RushCard.

Customer service went above and beyond to help me with an unauthorized purchase and help me with getting refund.

Factual basis uncertain

I have been a Rushcard member since 2004. Over the years they have gone from being a very respectable company to hiring customer service reps that can barely speak the American language. Rushcard is made up of a bunch of thieves who prey on low income mostly ** families that are already struggling. It's a way for them to tie up their money so they get further into debt. I stayed at a hotel while traveling with my kids. The hotel placed an authorization on my card and then billed for the actual amount. They informed that they released the authorization 5 days ago but Rushcard has yet to release my money! They keep giving me the run around saying it takes 3 business days but we are past that.

They then made me contact the hotel with the information needed for them to release the hold, right away so they said! However, that didn't work because now they are saying that it's handled by the accounting back office that is housed at the corporate office... Like really! Didn't I say I have been a member since 2004? I know exactly what they can and can't do. I have had this happen before which is why I didn't want to use the card for this transaction but had no other choice! I keep saying that I am going to cease doing business with this company but this time I really am! If this is how Russell Simmons does business, he should be ashamed of himself and jailed for taking advantage and robbing from the poor!!!

I like Russell Simmons so I got myself a RushCard. However, I see missing money sometimes but then I see it go back on. Otherwise, it's been good. Also, I was in Arizona and my husband was sending me money and he said that RushCard was only allowing a $200 limit to my card for some reason. I don't know if it has been resolved. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I'm still waiting because it just happened about a month ago. I have to call them about it. Nevertheless, I use their direct deposit each month and it's good. It loads two days faster. There's also not a whole lot of charges on there to use the card so it's nice.

I'm satisfied with RushCard. I've been a member since 2012. It should be a bonus given to the loyal customers. :-)

Resolution In Progress

RushCard has not been consistent with my deposits. I have been using this prepaid card for my direct deposits working at the same job for over a year. It clearly states that I would be paid two days before my pay date but that hasn't been the case. I was getting paid on Thursdays up until last month. Now that routine has changed and I am getting paid on my date. I have contacted customer service about this issue several times to no avail, there wasn't a clear answer to my question. This has caused inconsistent delays and reliability on me paying bills. Why has there been inconsistent payments for my direct deposits Rush!!!

Great customer service.

Resolution In Progress

I don't like how there are so many transaction fees for everything. It's ridiculous. I remember when you used to reimburse the fees, now you don't and I think this is poor service. I won't be keeping this card much longer.

I have been a customer of RushCard since 2005. I really enjoyed the services and experience. The only problem I had was I referred my daughter and because she didn't use my referral code I wasn't given any credit and I think that was wrong considering I'm a long time customer.

My experience with RushCard has been extraordinary. The customer service has improved a great deal. If there is a problem or issue you have or are having they're right there to assist you. A thumbs up for you all!!!

Resolution In Progress

When I call customer service for help I can never reach anyone or they answer the phone and then hang up. Also when I get a text stating that my money has been deposited early I can't retrieve it for at least one to two hours.

Resolution In Progress

On Oct 2015 Rushcard systems failed. I still am missing 900.00 dollars. They have made no attempt to replace my money. I talked with cooperation and submitted all paperwork.

I was skeptical when starting out with direct deposit, but RushCard has been consistent with depositing my funds and giving me an accurate balance. I only wish that people could add money through snap chat. I haven't traveled outside of the US yet with this card. I hope that it would work the same as it does in the states. I am a proud member of RushCard and I am so happy that my payroll gets into my account early. Not as early as it has been in the past, but it still works for me. Thank you.

RushCard Company Profile