toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

We really appreciate you sharing your experience, Brandon. Thank you for all of your support.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I've been with RushCard for so long and it's been very convenient and great. The main advantage is there’s no overdraft fee. Also, I don't have to carry cash and my personal information. I use it sometimes to pay bills or make online purchases. My interactions with their team has always been great.

RushCard

Hi Lenetta. Thank you for sharing this review. We're glad we can be there for and help you with your financial needs.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

The team is very informative, and if I have an issue, they resolve it as soon as possible. Online payments using Rushcard is very convenient. I have the early access to funds so my bills are not behind trying to wait for funds to be loaded. Furthermore, Rushcard doesn't have extra charges and everything is not really complicated.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always here to help.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Dealing with my finances is much easier with RushCard. They charge me a one-time monthly fee, and I never get any extra charges like a lot of the banks when you have a real checking account. I always use direct deposit wherein I get paid two days early. There was also one time when I had fraud on my account and they fixed it within a matter of two days. I only had to submit some paperwork and the funds were back in there. It's simple, straightforward service, and I would recommend them.

I saw that with RushCard, I can get different benefits and money gets in up to two days faster so I got it. I'm able to pay bills at least a week earlier than when I usually do. Paying purchases online was very convenient and easy. I put the information in, press submit, and it goes through fast. I use the direct deposit and also go to the reloading locations to put money in when I have it. I tell how much I want in the card put on and within 15 minutes, it's there. The card helped a lot because once I put money in it, I try to forget that it's even in there so when hard times come, I know I have a backup plan. Customer service gets my problem solved real fast. Everything is positive with RushCard. Awesome experience.

Resolution In Progress

Russell Simmons 50$ hype. I received my RushCard. Activated it and the ad said I would have 25$ but no 25$ is there. I deposited money and still no 50$.

None people found this review helpful

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Resolution In Progress

I have been with the company for over eight years. Problems here and there but not like this. I've spoken with 8 representatives from Rushcard and I keep getting lied too about when my money will be released. I had one representative named Eduardo say he saw documents that weren't even there and to call back at 3:00 pm so that my two hundred and twenty-six dollars can be released only to find out it couldn't be released because no document was on my account. I was told that the hold will be lifted 3 - 5 business days. Then I'm told today it could take 35 days. I asked for the number for corporate only to be told there is no telephone number for corporate. I don't know about Mr. Russell Simmons but I need my money. I can't move in with him if my bills aren't paid because RUSHCARD representatives can't get their crap right. Such a rip-off. Shame on you Mr. Simmons. Return my money and you can have your card!

Resolution In Progress

The worst card on the market. Been with RushCard since 2012 and now nothing but problems. I have 200 on my card and RushCard put my card on hold. No customer service, no emails. Just plane stole my money right in my face. I will sue RushCard. This BS has to stop NOW!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I've been with RushCard since 2005 and when I finally referred my first referral... they put in the wrong referral code and I didn't get my referral and they got theirs. I've called and no one can seem to help. They even identified the correct information and they tell me to refer someone else. Really??? I need help. This is a mess.

Resolution In Progress

I have never received my paycheck 2 days early since you guys started this. Why is this? My check is always posted at different times. Why? I've been with RushCard for 7 years and I'm about ready to give up on RushCard for reasons stated above.

RushCard

Thank you for all of your support, Prince. We appreciate you being apart of the RushCard family.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I chose RushCard because I felt like there's more to get than any other credit card company and there are no fees. I’ve been using it for almost a year and a half now and I've been managing my money well with the card. It's convenient for me to use to pay online. The only issue is that when I call for customer service, I have to go to the home number keypad instead of having an option three or option zero for customer service. But customer service helps me out. Overall, the quality of my experience with RushCard has been good.

Resolution In Progress

This is the second time that upon making a transaction, that my recipe said the price charged and my alert reported an larger amount. Typically $20 more than what my recipes says. $20 more than what the purchase was... I'm trying to make ends meet. Meanwhile there had been many attempts to reach customer service by phone. However that is a DEAD END. I'm getting ripped off by a company that I entrusted my funds with. What can I do to resolve this ongoing problem... Or is there a better way to report this problem and have my funds returned to me. Nevertheless I will be cancelling this card as soon as I have exhausted my funds.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Samantha. We appreciate you for being honest.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I found out about Rushcard years ago when an old co-worker texted me about how quickly she got her paycheck and I got mine a lot later than her's. So, I thought if I can get the money earlier, why not? I manage everything a little bit better since I started using my Rushcard. I can access my finances faster, but everything has still been the same. The only time I ever had a problem was last year when a glitch happened from switching banks. Aside from that, it has been positive. Overall, it was a convenient experience.

Resolution In Progress

I have had a Rushcard since 2007 and never had an issue receiving my pay. I noticed that the deposit started appearing later and later. Since my paydays are on Fridays I just let it go. But today is actually payday and still nothing has posted to my account. This is why I stopped my entire check from going to Rush and I am thinking about shutting my card down completely. Customer service never can tell you any information. I signed up for 2 more cards one for my usage and another for my son to use to order sneakers offline but at this rate, my bank is doing better than Rush. My money posted at 3am through Bank of America. Someone needs to post the rest of my paycheck ASAP, and I know it's been received especially since I work for a bank.

RushCard

Hi Brandi. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience. Also, you can request a replacement card and moving forward the information on the card is embossed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I don’t have a bank account so the convenience of being able to load money onto a debit card when I want to buy stuff online or pay a bill over the phone made me get a RushCard. Customer service has been great even if I give them a hard time sometimes. My only concern is that the numbers on the last card I was sent faded, I guess, when I take it in and out of my wallet so I can't even read the numbers and don't use it.

RushCard

Thank you for all of your support, Carol. We appreciate you being apart of our RushCard family.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I tell people how easy it is to refill and use. I always know my balance and customer service is the best. My daughter is a member and we are both happy with your service.

Resolution In Progress

I have called Rushcard for approximately 2 weeks for replacement card. Never received 1st on the mail, my paycheck, direct deposits. Couldn't even access my money. Called Sept 8th in for another complaint of no card. This time I get my card expedited and it's a fee. Finally receive my card by FedEx and it a old card that was sent to me with my old acct number, so another direct deposit coming in soon and I still can't access my funds to pay my bills. Then customer service has a nerve to say I have to wait for another card... BEYOND FURIOUS!! I WILL BE CONTACTING MY HR DEPT TO PUT A STOP ON ALL FUNDS AND SEND ME A PAPER CHECK!!

Resolution In Progress

I right now hate RUSHCARD! I had two unauthorized transactions that were done while I was home (with card in my possession) and found out when I received the text message notifications!! One was for $2.00 and the other was for $200. I did all the steps to get my hard earned money back by filing police report and all the paperwork requested. My case was denied so I appealed it and my appeal was denied as well! Do not use this for service unless you really need it and cannot open a bank account. It is not secure at all. I just had $200 stolen from me and will never get it back from these people. Makes me mad that it takes so long to get a representative on the phone too who sounds like they aren't even in the United States.

RushCard

We appreciate your feedback, Dechele. It's refreshing to hear that you are benefiting from our features. We are always here whenever you need us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I was looking for a way to deposit my paychecks without going to a currency exchange type of deal, and that's when I found RushCard. It lets me keep track, and gives me the freedom to have my money on a card as opposed to having cash in my pocket. I can get the cash off if I needed that. If not, then it's there. It's like having a bank account when, at a time, I wasn't able to get one. I put money there if I need to, and still get some funds directly deposited as well. One benefit that I have had is deposits come earlier. So if I was supposed to get paid on a Friday, as opposed to waiting on a Friday, then my money would be there that Thursday evening sometimes. It's also very easy to make online purchases.

Their team has been pleasant. One reason why I've kept it for so long is because I've never had a bad interaction with them. I have moved from Illinois to Missouri, and now back to Illinois, and never had a problem as far as changing address. However, if there's credit reporting it should show that I've been a customer for this number of years. It would show the money that's been in there, and show a very good record, but since its prepaid, they don't offer that feature.

Consumer Increased Rating!

RushCard

Hi Darlinda. Thank you for your re-rating. We appreciate you speaking with us and glad we got your issue resolved. If you have any other issues or concerns, please let us know, we're here for you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

They need to mandate that all employees of these companies reside within the USA. It's ridiculous that you can't speak to someone that can articulate and understand what's going on. The card is a rip-off. They won't release your funds in a timely manner. Even after the merchant has done so on their part. I have had the card for 2 plus years and it just continues to get worse.

RushCard

Hi Jamon. We really appreciate you sharing your experience and we are always here if you need us.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

This card is amazing. It is just a simple and easy way to get your money when you need it the most. I highly recommend everyone to use it. You dont have to worry about crazy bank fees, overdraft fees and etc. Just overall it is a great product.

RushCard

Hi Tammy. Thank you for your support. Moving forward, new and replacement cards will now have embossed card information on the front, so no need to worry about that anymore.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I love my RushCard and wouldn't trade it for any other card, but I would prefer they go back to the cards with the raised characters. The newer ones, the name and numbers rub off very easily, and I couldn't buy anything online because I didn't have my number. Otherwise I would and have recommended RushCard to everyone.

Resolution In Progress

If my deposit comes early I get charged in that month. Then if I have leave money on my card then come a couple days later they charge me a fee again it's almost like I'm paying two monthly fees. Not enough customer service reps takes forever to get through to someone, and when they system messes up or a problem arises the customer pays for the screw up because you won't be able to communicate the problem with anyone. The communication is not good when it comes to people money.

RushCard

Hi Wanda. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your you being honest and forthcoming. We are always here for you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I heard RushCard was pretty good and I've been a RushCard holder since 2010. So far, so good and I've never had any complaints with them. I use it to get my disability check and I get it two days earlier and that's a big plus. I like knowing that my money is there. I withdraw the money then pay bills and it's convenient. I've never had any problems and if I’ve had a dispute, they’ve always solved it upfront. I use the reload and they send a thing to my credit bureau. I called the customer service one time because my money was supposed to be there and the girl said, "Hold on just a minute. Let me look. It will be posting within the hour." She could see it and said it just hadn’t hit yet because it was so busy. Then 20 minutes later, my money was there. They're always very helpful when I call.

I wish it was easier to change my last name on there. They want so much information and I don't have a computer. They said I could do other things, but I don't know where my marriage license is and I'm getting ready to get a divorce. But they seemed to be real helpful knowing that my last name was going to be changed again. So they're not really on me about changing my last name. I'm happy with my service and I always recommend them to my friends. I always tell anybody who can't have a bank account to go with RushCard because they're good.

RushCard

Hi Shernette. We're glad that you are utilizing our features. Thank you for your contribution to making RushCard great. We appreciate you being apart of our family.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

RushCard is a classic card to have. It's easy to acquire and a great way to receive direct deposit, save and spend without hassle. It's great for someone who is looking for all the features of a credit card while spending their own money. There's no bill at the end of the month!

RushCard

Thank you for all of your support, Valtori. We're glad that you are utilizing the features we provide.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Love the RushCard. I can request money from friends and family and receive it immediately. Being that I am a college student it comes in hand. Thanks for everything. RushCard is always on time.

Resolution In Progress

I am sorry I ever got this card. You lie about everything. You never give referral money. You lie and say the code wasn't used and I know it was because I am with the people I referred. They use my computer to sign up. You keep people money from them. You know you do because you settled a lawsuit against you for that very thing. You are liars and thieves.

RushCard

Thank you, Tiffany. We appreciate all of your support.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I have been with RushCard since the beginning! Very satisfied and if I ever have a problem with my account, they always have solved it. Also it comes in handy getting my deposit early!

RushCard

Hi Yannick. It was a pleasure communicating with you. We are glad we were able to get your matter resolved and your online account accessible to you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I can't enter my email and password for online because they block me.

Resolution In Progress

Charged fees from unknown places when making purchases. Charged ridiculous transaction fees. Charged fee for transferring funds from one RushCard to another. Could not get in touch with LIVE agent.

RushCard

We want to thank you for supporting us for 3 years. Also, thank you for your suggestions, we will look into this matter.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Going on my third year with my RushCard. Would like to see that faithful members could elevate to a more permanent account, where a mouth large deposit would be made. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.
  • Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.
  • Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.
  • One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.
  • Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.
  • Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.
  • Best for Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

RushCard Company Profile