2.66/5
Based on 398 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)
CBBB Rating
View More View More

4222 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The direct deposit is what I use RushCard for, which is great. The monthly fee works a lot better than the $1 charge per purchase item. The ATMs that are listed on the site are not all free; some of the charge, depending on the city, I suppose. The customer service via over the phone is poor; they have constant attitudes. The chat service is awesome, and the customer relations team on there are great! It doesn't help that I can't use my card to pay most of my bills, due to it being considered a prepaid card, but it does its purpose. Overall, it's beneficial for me.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I would just recommend making the cards better accessible for 3rd party auto purchases I.e. Lyft Cash App etc. Also a better map of Rush Card friendly ATM’s would be a huge help. Also the length of time for disputes are very long compared to competitors.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

For the most part I've been very satisfied but when it comes to contest and my account. Some things I'm not happy with. For instance, I contacted RushCard numerous times about my rush texts alerts. Every time I use my card I suppose to get alerts to my cell. Instead I receive them through Gmail and I ask them to correct it and sometimes I have money missing but my account doesn't show where it has went. And I believe the customers who have been with them the longest should automatically should win a prize or receive something after all those years paying card fees faithfully. But thanks all. Besides that they're a good company. Tell Russell ** I said thanks and give me a call to show how much he appreciate me. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been with RushCard since 2007. It has been a very good experience for me. I'm able to do my refund with the IRS with the RushCard. If I have online checking I'm able to do that with RushCard. I'm on able to order will RushCard, pay bills and my money is guaranteed safe. RushCard have provided me with a lot of good experience. I take RushCard all over with me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I love my RushCard. The only thing that bothers me is not being able to contact a customer care line when I experience card issues. I would appreciate if there could be a phone team hired to help out customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Having a Rush Card has been a breath of fresh air! What traditional bank has a service fee as low as 5.95 a month! Being able to transfer money into Rush Card Goals has helped me learn how to save! The freedom of being able to transfer funds into my moms account saves me time and money. Rush Card has only gotten better from the year that I signed up! Transitional banks are a thing of the past seeing as Rush Card is offering a new credit card to customers as another form of building credit.

I plan on being a long time customer of Rush Card and would advise anyone that is looking for a bank to explore more options as Rush Card has many. Rush Cards customer service reps are not always easy to understand but they will accommodate your needs and ensure you that they will get the matter taken care of. When my son gets to high school I plan on getting a card for him, as it would be magic to transfer money to a hungry student waiting in the lunch line! Thanks a bunch Rush Card for recognizing that everyone in this world is different, and being there for the different ones will keep you on top!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

RushCard is amazing. I have never had any issues and my money is always there. Sometimes a day earlier! Customer Service is excellent and the app is really easy to use. I can easily access my account online as well if needed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Love my RushCard. I have been with y'all for a very long time and I wouldn't change it at all. It is so amazing. Me and my husband both use RushCard and I always refer y'all to people. Love getting my check 2 days before actual payday. It helps out a lot.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Everything is great. The only thing I dont like is the inconsistent deposit times. My job always submits payroll on time, every time. There have been times where I've been late on payments due to this inconsistency. Another thing is, these emails I get about winning money and I'm sure it's only for new customers or certain regions even though it doesn't state that. But again everything else is great from customer service to the convenience of using the card. Thanks in advance.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

RushCard is great to have. Money comes early. No over fee. Use it anywhere, cash back and very quickly. It easy to put money on it and take it out the atm. They come all different colors. I need to have 2 account.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

RushCard usually provides quick pick up on phone calls. However, they can be better with having someone who understands what the customer is saying over the phone. Like for instance, whenever I call about anything, there is several times I have to repeat myself more than once.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been very pleased with RushCard. I get my social security and payroll check deposits earlier than my regular banking card. I do have a problem getting charged a dollar every time I use though. I have had good customer service when there has been an issue with my card whether an overcharge or a return issue.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I’ve always kept a prepaid card on hand Incase of emergencies. I enjoy the in-app features that they have, as well as the early payroll/direct deposit. The fees are ridiculous though! So I definitely wouldn’t recommend this for long-term use!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I’ve been with Rushcard for 11 years. They always have contests & I have never won anything. Being a valued cardholder you would think we are the ones who should be rewarded. But my overall experience I have no complaints.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I'm satisfied with my card but we use to get cash back, now you guys charge way to much for every transaction which was one of the reasons I chose this card because of the cash back and no transaction fees... can you bring that back!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had my RushCard stolen on Aug 4th 2018 and called the RushCard representative to get a new card mailed to me in 1 to 2 days for $30. Today is Aug 7 and I was told to send utility bill, Social S card, identification card and handwritten letter to update my info on my acct. I did so and all documents were excerpts. Now I call after I faxed all the papers 3 times because the fax was too dark, and he tells me now I have to wait 2 days and call back because the corporate has to approve to send me a replacement card!!!

I am pissed off. No money, it's all on my RushCard and I can't get my new card sent to me today until corporate approves my update!!! This is **!!! I need my card sent today. They got all the info they asked for. And technically I don't even have to send a copy of my Social Security card. That's confidential information for no one to see. After being a customer since 2010, when I do finally receive my new card I'm canceling it. This is very wrong. RushCard should expedite my card immediately after receiving the documents they asked me to fax.

RushCard response

Hi Jill. We understand your concern and are here to help. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with the service I have received from RushCard... there was an issue where my card was stolen. I reported this to RushCard reps... in order to get a new card but I needed it to be sent to my new address. I was told that it couldn't be sent there because I have not changed the address online. Mind you I had already told them that I didn't have an online account so with the card being stolen I couldn't do that... so they refused. So I asked if they could just close the account and mail me a check for the remaining amount that was left on the card which was direct deposit from my job.

They said they could do that and would send the check to the new address which would take 7 to 10 business days... Well that was March 23, 2018. It is now August 2, 2018. I still have not received my check. I called these people in tears because I need my money. Still no help... I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN AND I WILL DEFINITELY LET ANY AND EVERYONE KNOW MY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE PEOPLE. I've been a customer since 2011.

RushCard response

Hi Shree. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been sending my direct deposit to RushCard since 2016 the same way every time. Nothing has change or anything. For some reason this time RushCard decided to send my funds back saying my name wasn’t on the deposit. Now mind you my name never shows up on the deposit. The supervisor SUMMER was absolutely nooo help at all. She stated, "My PayFlex we receive the money back in 3 business day," but yet they still have no funds so there’s nothing I or PayFlex can do. Thanks to RushCard. Never ever again. And I highly suggest anyone still using or new to RushCard CANCEL! CANCEL! CANCEL!

RushCard response

Hi Erinesha. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Lost card. Reported such. Refused to send replacement card to my new address. Told me to change online but unable to as acct blocked due to inactivity. So can't change address. Card sent to old address which means someone else has received new card. Refuses to close acct and return my money to me. AND NOT AT THE OLD ADDRESS!

RushCard response

Hi Paula. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you regarding this issue. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Hi, really don't like to write bad reviews. However, my experience with RushCard this past week has been very horrible. Someone hacked into my account and made six transactions from the state of IL. (I'm in FL) I've called serval times (each representative was NOT helpful at all) trying to get this matter solved. When I was finally able to speak with someone and start the disputes. The representative told me since I'm a loyal customer (since 2006) they would refund me the money back right away. Well I called, sent a email, & sent a message via Twitter.

Now I'm being told that the process takes 90 days to review and up to 10 days to issue me a refund. I don't think it is fair that I have to wait so long for something that wasn't my fault. The representative gave me false hope. All I'm asking is for my money to release back to me. Calling customer service is useless, you have to repeat yourself several times. Just for them comprehend what you are trying to say. I've sent private messages and STILL no help. Trust me, I understand policy and procedures but I'm asking for an exception to made to quickly assist me here. I need those funds sent back to me. So please, someone from corporate please reach out to me and get this matter resolved.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 29, 2018

Called RushCard prepaid card customer service number to try and get some answers as to where the monies I had added to the new card I received from them had gone to. I was transferred over to what I was told was a customer service supervisor. I was met with a rude woman who just kept reading a pre written response card that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue I was trying to get help with.

I was basically told I was a liar and was not allowed to get a single word in edgewise because every time I would try to explain my dilemma she would read louder than I was speaking until she was almost yelling over me cutting me off and then I requested her name and employee #. She made up a name and refused to put me in contact with her immediate supervisor and I quote "there is no one above me. I'm the head of the company. I own the company" which I know was a lie because RUSSELL SIMMONS does. This is the worst I've ever been treated by any company that I have done business with in all my 48 yrs. I cut up the card that they stole money from. And I will tell anyone I know. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THE RUSH CARD COMPANY EVER!!!

RushCard response

Hi Regina. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 28, 2018

I've been with RushCard since 2014. On July 16, 2018 I had a 3.85 charge from a scam. With that being said I agreed to cancel the card and receive another one for 5 dollars. I waited the 7 business days. July 25, 2018 and still didnt receive a card. Then they told me I had to wait 3 July 28th. More business days and still I haven't received a card. I was educated to call back on 3rd business day to call and reorder the card. I do so only to find out it had my old address which is directly next door to me because I lived there and decided to move into a bigger house so my girls could have their own room. With that being said the house is empty and has been for a while so I check the mailbox daily just because mail still comes there.

Well anyways they had me go online and update my address which I did and then had me upload proof of identity which was my social security card, my current utility and my ID which I did then told me that I had to wait 48 hrs July 31st, 2018 business hours before it gets verified. In the meantime I have no electricity, no gas, no food. I worked extra hours just to have enough money to be able to pay rent electric and buy uniform clothes for my girls because they start school August 6. Im so terrified they are going to take my money like they have done to other people or freeze my account.

My family does not live here and I dont have anyone I can call. I've been crying for days because I am in college which is 25 miles away and didnt have gas to go to class to take my finals. I tore my house up looking for change to ride the bus. Finally when I told my teacher the situation he did come and get me to take finals. Im so lost, I keep falling into a panic attack and I keep cry continuously because of this. I just cant believe this 3 dollar charge has cost me my whole entire life. I mean the weather has been 103 and the closest shelter is 15 miles away. I just want to die because I cant believe a 3 dollar charge has cost me my entire life. And I still dont have a way to get to my money or anything.

RushCard response

Hi Candace. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been a customer for a few years. Well today they lost my business. Called in about a deposit not posting. Was told to give it an hour 4 hours later. After calling back a second time was put on hold for 40 mins. Customer Service Rep was rude and a complete liar. Completely disrespectful. I had to book an emergency flight and could not get access to “MY MONEY”. Truly annoyed with RushCard.

RushCard response

Hi Monique. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2018

I checked myself into treatment back in April. When I went in I had my tax refund loaded onto my RushCard. The facility said that because it was such a substantial amount of money on the card I was required to put it inside of their safe. While in their safe an employee (the director's assistant) stole my debit card and went into their system and stole my Social Security number and my birthday and change my PIN number. She later spent over $1,200 off my debit card. On June 5th when I found out that this was happening I canceled my RushCard and disputed the unauthorized charges. I went up to the store where the charges were made and got the video footage of the lady spending the money at the ATM.

RushCard said that they would do an investigation and at the end of the investigation my money would be reimbursed. I filed a police report and the lady now has pending charges. Even though I filed the police report RushCard still hasn't reimbursed my money and has closed out the investigation saying that they see no error found and I would not be reimbursed. They told me to do a rebuttal claim to the final decision made and they would reopen the investigation. I did that rebuttal claim as advised and I also sent additional documents including the full police report and not just the report number.

Even with all of that plus the video footage RushCard is still saying they aren't giving me my money back because they see no error found. I asked them what is considered an error. If unauthorized use of my card isn't an error then what is? I also sent them a 16 page statement from the facility I checked myself in explaining how the card was stolen and where it was stolen from. Even with all of these documents, the police report and the video footage RushCard still hasn't reimbursed my money and is claiming that they aren't going to reimburse the money saying that there's no error found. I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place and I'm just out of $1,200 and I don't know what to do. Can someone help me out with this please.

RushCard response

Hi Precous. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2018

Around 2 years ago I got a refund right before Christmas... was a rather large purchase. I went to the ATM right after I got the email showing my money had been put back on my card (prior bad experience with then I wanted to take my money off the card) and it had been locked immediately!!! Took up until a couple months ago for them to "REVIEW" my account. I even sent in the receipt... They still claimed fraud!!! $900+ and I still have yet to see a dime. I lost my car and my apartment over it! This is the WORST prepaid card to get!!! Never ever again. And I highly suggest anyone still using or new to RushCard CANCEL! CANCEL! CANCEL!

RushCard response

Hi Samantha. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 21, 2018

RushCard was sent to incorrect address, when I called to inquire I was told to go online. Explained couldn’t go online as I didn’t have correct information, got put on hold 7x for > 15min, hung up on 3x. Finally got ahold of guy named Miggy and he stated he would have check sent out. That was on 7-11-18. As of 7-20-18 I still have not received my monies and RushCard can’t tell me when or if the check was processed.

Updated on 08/01/2018: Spoke with representative and she stated the check was processed at 12:41am on 8-1-18, and I should now receive in 7-10 business days, which is the same BS they told me on July 11th, however they have not failed to take out a monthly service fee for a freaking card that I don’t have and requested cancelled a month ago!!!

Updated on 08/03/2018: So it is now August 3, 2018 and I still have not received my monies, every time I call you give me one ** outrageous excuse after another. None of your representatives speak fluent English and all I get are apologizes and told that they will escalate the issue, the ** issue has been escalated 3x!!!

RushCard response

Hi there. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Well I do not do this much but, after all this mess I have no choice I chose RushCard and trusted this company with my money but, I see they take money and try to sound concerned. I used my info online to use as direct deposit, I received an email letting me know it's been posted, I try to log in. For some reason the site will not let me, so I try to call and get help. They tell me, "We see you have a deposit but it's on another card that you never registered. Is your card purple?" "No it's pink." "Well it's your fault you copied the wrong information down." I tell him, "How am I wrong when I took this information off my account. It's not my fault. It's your company's fault" so I ask to speak with his manager thinking this guy would help.

Not I was told to fax my SS card, my ID, proof or residence for 30 days and a letter with my old and new address. This was 4 dollars and some change to fax not to mention, so I called to see if they received my information I just faxed, I was told they want a bill now and they can't read the information but I went to FedEx to send them this information, I'm going to try my hardest to cancel this check and if I find out they took my money I will file a lawsuit against RushCard for more than what I lost. The customer service sucks and they need to hire some people that speak English because I could not understand them at all and I'm not trying to be mean but come on now. I will stalk RushCard until my funds are free to me simple as that. Russell has too much money to be playing with our money.

Updated on 07/23/2018: We'll update on how RushCard is trying to scam me, after faxing my gas bill proving to these people I am who I say I am they still denied me my card with my payroll money on it. I have sent so much of my information. I feel like they can use after them saying I was denied and they already taken their fees off my card that has never been registered yet I know that's not right. It's like they are using my card when I haven't even registered it yet. I'm really upset because I'm calling my payroll to cancel this check before they rob me even more, and I will wait for the bank to issue me a paper check.

I will never recommend RushCard to family friends or strangers. I hope this company falls down from all the taking they do from us. They say, “Well you signed for us to get our funds”, yes I did sign but if my card is not registered then no one can touch anything until then I'm very upset I want to know all my personal information will not be stolen from overseas. Never again will I trust anyone with my money.

Updated on 08/01/2018: Well update with RushCard. It's the 1st of August now and I finally receive a response back from them, they tell me my payroll check. They decided to send me instead of sending it back to the bank. Has been mailed to the old address. After I told the guy my new information and the calls are being recorded, well they want me to wait another 5-10 days for my check. This money was to keep a roof over me and my kids heads. I think I need a lawyer now. Playtime is over, I feel like they are trying to not send me my money. I'm angry as hell.

RushCard response

Hi Latika. We are sorry to hear about this experience and understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 18, 2018

I have been calling RushCard every day since July 3rd, 2018 about a payment that was taken from my account but merchant reversed it back!!! It was over $200 and every time I call I get a different answer to my question! I was promised Credit after 10 days! They basically stolen money!!! It is July 18, 2018 and I just got off the phone with RushCard with a trace # to prove the funds was reversed back to my account. I was told I would not be receiving credit or a refund! I’m currently looking into a lawsuit against #Rushcard. This is NOT the first time this has happened.

RushCard response

Hi Laneika. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2018

I have been waiting 3 weeks for them to send me a card. They have supposedly sent them to me but I have never received them and they have taken 70.00 from my card and keep giving me the runaround. My family has suffered over this. We have went without food and I have to pay late charges on all my bills. I need my money. I don't understand why they keep lying to me telling me they send it but they don't and when I ask for a tracking number they tell me UPS has it and I know that isn't true because I called UPS and they say different. So what is it. When am I going to get my money. It's not fair to me and my family. I want some answers.

RushCard response

Hi Dorcas. We understand your concern and are sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My friend transfer $200 onto my RushCard via card to card transactions, two days later disputed the transaction and with anything but his words on the phone RushCard put a hold on my account. I have no access to my funds or paycheck, he called to tell them to stop disputing and sent a fax of his ID and a letter telling them to drop dispute and still my card is blocked. They said it can take up to 45 days to uphold. DO NOT GIVE RUSHCARD ACCESS TO YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE NOT A REAL BANK BUT IN FACT A SCAM.

RushCard response

Hi Timika. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

RushCard expert review by Barbara Friedberg

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

OH
866-787-4227
www.rushcard.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business