Consumer Reviews and Complaints

RushCard

We are glad you had a great experience with customer service, Angela. Thank you for sharing this and for all of your support. We are more then happy to have you apart of our RushCard family.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

My account placed on hold that wasn't what I was upset about. What I was a said about was I was unable for the life of me to get a hold of customer service due to their automated system. I was finally able to figure it out after about two and a half weeks of frustration. I email to customer service whom replied almost immediately and left their number, the same number I have tried the following two and half weeks. Anyhow I figured it out. The supervisor I spoke with and dealt with was amazing, amazing. Thank you.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Louis. We are glad to see that you are utilizing our features to your benefit.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

My Direct Express card was compromised and they didn’t seem to want to help in any way, shape or form. They allowed to be compromised to the tune of $600, so I switched immediately and went with RushCard. I liked RushCard's approach when I signed on and I liked the cost of it. I get my money earlier, and managing my finances is all around easier right now.

RushCard

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always here to help.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Dealing with my finances is much easier with RushCard. They charge me a one-time monthly fee, and I never get any extra charges like a lot of the banks when you have a real checking account. I always use direct deposit wherein I get paid two days early. There was also one time when I had fraud on my account and they fixed it within a matter of two days. I only had to submit some paperwork and the funds were back in there. It's simple, straightforward service, and I would recommend them.

I saw that with RushCard, I can get different benefits and money gets in up to two days faster so I got it. I'm able to pay bills at least a week earlier than when I usually do. Paying purchases online was very convenient and easy. I put the information in, press submit, and it goes through fast. I use the direct deposit and also go to the reloading locations to put money in when I have it. I tell how much I want in the card put on and within 15 minutes, it's there. The card helped a lot because once I put money in it, I try to forget that it's even in there so when hard times come, I know I have a backup plan. Customer service gets my problem solved real fast. Everything is positive with RushCard. Awesome experience.

I have never had a bad experience with them until now. I used my card to check into a hotel. When I checked out the hotel released my money (2-5 business days). Now RushCard won't release my money for 35 days or until the hotel fax them a authorization letter. I have never heard of anything like that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

A friend of mine years ago had a RushCard when it first came out and she told me about it being satisfactory. I got mine back in 90's and use it to pay bills and make online purchases. Then I reload through the direct deposit option. It's very convenient. RushCard process worked very well. The only thing that I don't get anymore is the alert which I used to get when it's loaded. Other than that, everything is excellent. I would recommend them.

The best thing about RushCard is that I get my check early. I had RushCard and also had a Chase account at the bank. And when I go and check the check, it starts to get spent anyway. I had it to where my tithes were going from my RushCard so I wouldn't spend them. And then I noticed that I was always giving my tithes earlier than the rest of my check. Also, I might have a bill that comes before the check is there, or I need gas or food. So, being able to get the check early helped me to balance things out wherein I know a charge is coming. That was definitely a plus. There’s also a feature that something where I can see how I'm spending versus paying bills. But using RushCard might be difficult when making online purchases because it’s a prepaid account issue where some companies won’t take a prepaid card.

Using RushCard's reload locations and direct deposit is so easy my mom can do it. I might need some money for a bill and my mom who lives about five hours away from me is able to go to Walmart and add money to my card versus me having to wait online. We also got my mother-in-law a RushCard. If she needs money, we can send it for her. I’ll be getting my mom one, too, so I can pay her back all the time. It’s easier to transfer from card to card than it is for me to go pay extra $4. I can pay just .99 cents to send it to her card.

But I wish more of their customer service reps spoke good English. I hate that a lot of them are overseas. And depending on what time of day I call, I might get an American versus a foreigner that kind of understands but really doesn’t. That may be a downfall. But, overall, most of them try to deal with my concerns. When RushCard changed banks, there was an issue with some people being able to get to their money. But RushCard rectified it. And they even went back to make sure if one was missing any money, they tracked it to see what one was missing and gave that back. I wish I could get more off my card at a time but it’s been a good experience with RushCard overall.

I have recommended RushCard. I've had mine for years and I'm happy with it. I've been doing great as far as budgeting, and that is a big benefit for me. Instead of going straight to the bank and pulling out a mass amount of money or having cash on hand, it's easier for me to go to stores and swipe the card. It's also so much easier that I pay everything over the phone and it works out good. I've had great experiences with their team too. They're very polite and understanding. When I have a problem, they're quick to handle it.

I got RushCard over other prepaid cards since I love Kimora Lee and they had a pink debit card. I also like the fact that with RushCard, I get paid a day before my normal pay period and I keep it because of that. I use their direct deposit and it's easy.

I have never had a problem with RushCard. I have had it for 2 years and my DD goes on it because it comes 2 days early. I just take a percentage and put in my bank account. Customer service is great. The app is great! I all around love the card!

With Rushcard, I get my money two days earlier. I’m keeping the money on the card and it’s good to pay online. It’s really convenient. I use direct deposit which is an easy process more frequently as I know how much goes on there. But their customer service isn't that good. Some of the reps are nice while some are pressed to get me off the phone. They should just try to help and sometimes, they don't know as much as they should about their services.

My boyfriend has been using this card for his paychecks for about a year. When getting cash from an ATM, I had failed to grab the card, because I am very absent minded. We called immediately to have it replaced. Waited for it to arrive even giving it a few extra days because of the holiday. When it failed to arrive we called back up, requested another and they made us pay for the express shipping. Because it had already been 3 weeks without any cash we had no choice but to just do it. It has been over 3 days and still no card. Going on a month without his paycheck. Needless to say I'm beyond furious and my patience was out the window 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't recommend this for long term use unless you NEVER lose anything.

RushCard

Hi Crystal. I attempted to reach out to you regarding your post. On behalf of RushCard I would like to first apologize for the hassle you have encountered. I did confirm that a replacement card was delivered to your address today at 10:19am. Please feel free to reach out to us via FaceBook or Twitter if there is anything further we can assist you with. Thanks for being a wonderful RushCard customer!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Someone stole my purse and I had credit cards, my social security card, and other personal documents as well as my RushCard. I put a password on my account that is only numerical. I haven't used my card in about 2 years, needless to say I followed all the directions. I sent in a copy of my driver license and social card. I faxed these documents and uploaded my documents to my account. My question is why do I have to wait 1 to 2 business days for anything. A faxed takes about 10 minutes and uploaded documents to my account that I use my personal information to log into took about the same time.

It should be some other ways you can identify yourself with instead of going through this long drawn out process. A Security question or something, if you haven't used your card on a daily basis and you don't call in to use the password. And every manager and customer service rep I talk to told me something different. All I want to do is order a new card, inquire about a transaction on my account. I get hung up on and nobody speaks clear English. I'm going to a real bank where I don't have to go through this unnecessary drama.

I've had RushCard for nine years. It was the most convenient card at the time. Through their card, I get my pay earlier and it doesn't let me go over the limit so that helps. I can also use it to pay online which is very convenient.

I've loaded my RushCard three times since I've had it. I was skeptical when I loaded it a couple of Christmases ago and it made me scared but after 20 minutes the money was there. Then my card was expiring on 12/16. I went to load money onto the card and the reps kept saying that it was denied. I thought it was a glitch so I went somewhere else and it kept denying it. I was frustrated because I was wondering how my check would load onto the card at the time that I activated the new card but everything went through fine.

I was able to talk to somebody in the beginning but now, if there's a problem, there is no option to talk to a rep and that's one of the things that I do not like. When I was able to talk to them, I was talking to foreign people and I could barely understand what they were saying. It was very frustrating. Other than that, RushCard can be a good experience for people who can't get a regular bank account. It's also very convenient to be able to pay my bills from home rather than going to the location if I can't get out. I also get my check two days early and I don't carry cash so it's helpful.

RushCard

Hi Alicia! Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experience. I went ahead and took a look at your account and I see that your funds actually posted on 1/4/17 so hopefully you were able to cover your bills without late fees! Please feel free to reach out to us via our customer service line or on social media via FaceBook or Twitter so we can provide you the great customer service you deserve! Have a wonderful day and thanks for choosing RushCard.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

This is worst company ever. I put 615 on the card and have proof the money went on the card, had a system error even with receipt and recording and shows my balance was 633 but it never fully process over. So now I am out 615 out and RushCard stole my money. I have bills that I have to paid and you are warned. This company is a crook. I have no rent or car payment. So because of their error I going to have late fees.

I've been with RushCard a few years because of early deposit. Walmart.com did not have my item available. Walmart sent a letter stating they would not charge us because goods not provided. RushCard still refuse to release our funds! Consequently my children did not get their gifts for Christmas! Thanks RushCard for ruining my Christmas! I will be switching to NetSpend. They provide much better customer service.

A friend of mine told me about RushCard back in 2005. I got it and put my direct deposit on it for my job. Sometimes I get my paycheck a day or two earlier, and that's always a plus. It's convenient too. What I don't like is when I go to certain places like the nail salon or a gas pump and I get charged $32, for example, they take off $43 and then put the balance back once the $30-some is paid to that place. It's new as I never had that happen. I called, complained, and asked what if I needed that extra $12 to do something else?

The rep argued with me and told me that it's always been that way, but I told him I was a customer for years and it hasn't been something that they've always done. So now, what I do is just pay for the gas and swipe the card in the store, or even take the money off. I'm about to switch and open a regular bank account. RushCard can start giving their long-time customer some type of appreciation because I've been with them for years. When I hear people complaining about them and saying all kinds of crazy stuff, I still stayed with them.

I had RushCard for quite some time. I like it because I have direct deposit and normally, I'm paid on a Thursday but I get my money in my account on a Tuesday. But when I attempt a money order in the post office, it declines. RushCard is not the only one having that issue. We've also had issues with the Apple Bank and Chase Bank debit cards. I work for the United States Postal Office and we found a way to override that. Then a year ago, we couldn't load the card. It was going through some transition. A couple of my colleagues were telling me that people lost money with Rush. It got a lot of negative press pertaining to Russell Simmons. I never heard about it but people were talking about it. But personally, I didn't experience that and I'm pleased with the service. I constantly use it for purchases though I don't use it to save money.

The only good thing about RushCard is that you may get your funds a day or two early. Other than that I really wouldn't recommend RushCard to anyone. They put holds and blocks on your account for the smallest unnecessary reasons. I've been behind on bills and were late on bills just because they put holds on my account. They don't care about your situation and will hold your money no matter what it is that you have to do. Unless you use the card for recreational use it's fine but this is not something you would want to have all of your funds on because you have no control of your money, meaning if something happens you are ** out of luck and have to wait on their time for your money to be released.

Not to mention I've been a RushCard customer since 2014 but their procedures are totally **. Like for example I bought a item online from Walmart with the card and cancelled the order the next day. Walmart refunded my money but RushCard put a block on my whole card saying I have to fax or upload a receipt. Not to mention my paycheck and other funds I had on there were also blocked. Instead of them putting a hold on just the Walmart transaction they put a hold on all of my money making me late on bills and risking eviction. They told me once I faxed the info from Walmart in it would take 1 to 2 days to be reviewed then it would take a additional 1 to 2 business days for my card to be unblocked. The way they go about things is just crazy. I give RushCard 0 stars and repeat I don't recommend.

I've been with RushCard for over 10 years now. I use the RushGold to do the savings and my funding comes from direct deposit on there. The money comes on time or even earlier than expected and I'm able to use it whenever I need to. I also get online updates and emails whenever there are any transactions made. I'm completely happy with RushCard.

I like Rushcard. I have been with them for years and I liked it when they sent the pink Baby Phat card. Everything I had was Baby Phat. I really love Baby Phat and the Baby Phat system and tried to get every color. I got the card wherein they take $8 every month but I didn't know about it. When I put some money on there to pay one of my telephone bills, they took the money off. So, I called and changed that program. One of their reps actually explained to me that with the card that I was using, they're going to take out $7.95 or $8 a month but I didn't have to pay every time I swipe my card.

I've been saving money with my card and using it every once in a while. I've been paying a couple of bills with it as well. I have COPD and fibromyalgia and have a couple of friends out of town that send me money on my Rushcard so I can pay a bill or the medicine or in case I might need it for something. The people at Rushcard are courteous and able to answer my questions every time, and that's what I like about Rushcard. I had a problem in the past but they tried to explain it to me. One of the representatives had a different accent and I couldn't understand her. They're dealing with customer service but we ought to give some respect to what they're doing as they were doing a good job.

Maybe Rushcard can consider making credit cards instead of just debit. It's good for them to be credit cards because a lot of times with the debit card, one can't do a lot of things. For example, even though they don't want debit cards, I still can rent cars because they know me at the rental car place. I'm considering getting a credit card because of that but Rushcard are still doing a wonderful job. Russell got a good thing going.

I love RushCard. I've been with them since 2003 and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. They saved my life a lot of times. With them, I don't have to worry about anybody taking my money. The team at RushCard been have always helped me whenever I called and had a problem. I always recommend RushCard. In fact, I've already recommended them to several people.

Resolution In Progress

No matter how big or small our money is, it is our business. This world runs on money and people want their money because they earned it. I have been a RushCard member since 2009. I understand RushCard is under new management that have made my life difficult these past few weeks. First, the customer service line has been obstructed with numerous prompts to avoid you to speak to a live person when you're under distress about a financial issues. Then your system holds transactions for 3 to 5 days in pending status after the merchant gives a cancellation and post a refund. This new horrible company do not have the information for the bill payer (Me) to verify the address to where you are sending your bills to.

It will take Quote: "RushCard has recently updated our automated telephone system with several great new features! If you call our toll-free number, please pay careful attention to the new menu prompts to ensure that you choose the correct option. You will receive a response to your inquiry within 12 hours." My issue is minor compared to the numerous people who have suffered with this management change (Horrible).

I need money returned back to my card A.S.A.P. I talked to the merchant and they verified the money was returned to my pre-paid card on the same day. New company do not have a valid phone number to address this issue. I have asked that they verify with the merchant and return the money as soon as possible. I say pre-paid card because a real credit card company and or bank would have a live agent to handle this situation promptly and would not let this pending charge stay on my account when the merchant has clearly submitted the refund.

The company before who made me stay a dedicated member since 2009 always resolved my issues with respect and promptness. I never felt like my money was being held hostage. I am not please and never interested in the Netspend business practices. I was very upset when they became the new provider of the Rush card. This has been the worst experience since they came along. I look forward not using this card soon.

I’ve been with Rushcard for a while now, and it's been an awesome service. I get my taxes on there, so it’s pretty helpful. And I like how I can manage my money on the mobile app. I love it. They’re able to help me right away. I lose my password a lot and they help me to change it. If I lose it or it’s stolen, they deactivate it and send out another one. Of course there are costs, but it’s worth it. They are doing a good job and I recommend them.

Every year there is a breach, where RushCard holders get screwed over by criminals with bank fraud activity. The worse part of that RushCard doesn't care and will not refund our money back because they have incompetent reps that doesn't know their job. No matter how clear the dispute is, they always decline it and make it hard for you to get your own money back but they make it so easy for criminals to rob you.

Here's another lawsuit the CFLS will pick up, because this is ridiculous. Every year between November and February we have to get new cards because of criminals. The customer service is horrible where the people don't even know what they are saying, they don't know the process, they lie about processes. They don't know their procedures. They have the perfect customer tone but don't know how to truly assist or resolve banking problems. Worse experience ever. I should have been closed my accounts, last few years have been worse than before.

Updated on 1/12/2017: This company has the worse customer service ever. It's been 45 days and my dispute is still not resolved. While speaking to a manager he gonna say, "First of all we don't have control of your transactions." WHAT MANAGER SAYS FIRST OF ALL TO A CUSTOMER WHO HAD BEEN WITH THE COMPANY FOR OVER 10 YEARS? I'm tired of the bull. They still charging fees and want me to use the card but yet my money is not safe with this card. They say they protected but they are not. I want my money back from this fraudulent transaction.

I like that I don't overdraft since having RushCard. If it’s not there, it won’t run it. Overall, I'd recommend them. I understand that they have to offshore certain things, but they need to keep things onshore.

RushCard

Hi Jamia! I can certainly understand your frusturation and I apologize for the hassle you have encountered. As a loyal RushCard member, it is important for us to serve you better. You may be all set for now, but in the future if there is anything we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service line or by working with our online agents on either FaceBook or Twitter. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I've been a Rushcard holder for ten years and have been using it for our budget but there was an incident almost three years ago, in which I'm still mad about. They had blocked my card once for fraud, which was understandable. Then they tried to charge me $25 to rush my card to me when I didn’t lose it. I also told them not to send the card to my house several times because I was out of state with my children but they still sent it to my home. I only had $25 on me that time and I had to ask somebody for gas to get me to where I was going.

Then when I got to my location, I didn’t have my card so I had to depend on people. Rushcard had to wait for the card to come back to their location in order to mail me another card, which they mailed the second one to the wrong address again. This was right around Thanksgiving when I was out with my family and we couldn't enjoy ourselves. My kids wanted to get on a train ride but I had to limit what they wanted to do. I was totally pissed off about it. And Rushcard acted like they were not sympathetic. I called around but nobody could help me. They can only send an email to somebody that could do something. That has been the worst experience, other than my direct deposit not posting one time. I even wrote to Russell Simmons on Facebook to help me but he didn’t respond. He should have forwarded my concern to the right people that could help me.

I don't have to interact with them often, but when I do, it’s not always good. One time, I needed to reset my password and they couldn’t reset it. They have no control over anything. They always try to ask somebody else to do stuff. It was ridiculous. Since then, I don't put much money on that card. I put a little bit of my direct deposit on there and pay a couple of bills. That way, it doesn’t overdraft my checking account. Rushcard needs to do something about their customer service, have more control of all these third party, who can't do this and that, and not following instructions, and supervisors who leave the clients on the phone for an hour and a half, or never call back. The only reason why I put my money on the card is because I get paid two days early. But other companies do the same now.

My payroll is on my Rushcard and I love it. Since 2011 of using it, it helps out a whole lot. I don’t carry cash and the money that's on the card is what I can spend which is a good thing. Plus, my direct deposit goes straight in the card. I also pay bills using the card and I can get 1200 off the card at one time. That's a big plus when I have large purchases. Furthermore, everybody at Rushcard is professional and very courteous when I call. Everything is good plus the card including their colors looked pretty. I want to get some more so I can change up.

RushCard is okay until there's a dispute. I’ve had situations that occur with my card and the money. I've been a member for a very long time, and my children have their own cards as well. And whenever there’s a situation with a dispute, RushCard would hold the money. Even if it's a pending transaction that went through, they would not reimburse the money. I had to go through this long drawn out process which can take months and then they would still take the decision to not even refund the money. I've had that done to me quite a few times. The only reason why I still work with RushCard is because I get my money early.

One incident was when I went to an ATM to withdraw money but the ATM did not give me the money. I don't know if it was out or what the case may have been, but the money was taken from my account. So when I showed proof that I've never received the money, RushCard gave me my money back. But after I reviewed everything, they took the money again from me. And then I had a situation recently where my car rental people mistakenly charged me twice and it showed ‘pending’ on RushCard's end. When I called the car rental place, they said, “Well, we haven’t received the money. But since it’s showing as pending, call your bank to have them stop it.” And when I did that, RushCard told me that they couldn’t do it.

RushCard Company Profile