3.65/5
Based on 716 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)
CBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

4036 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Excellent customer service. Great company and I trust them with my money. Never have had a problem with them. Get my deposit early. I have told all my friends and family about Rushcard. Safe transactions and worthy customer service people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I love Rush Card, I've never had a complaint nor problems. They are on point with everything my account has been hacked twice and both times they caught it froze my account and contact me. You guys are the best.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I would recommend RushCard to anyone because of the benefits it has. Helps you control your money without overspending, you get your money 1.5 days earlier than your actual pay date, you can use the card anywhere, free ATMs. I love RushCard. It has help me restore my credit and stay in Control.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I am very satisfied. Just wish I didn't have to pay atm fees. I would also like to see some other card design options such as sports themes and teams. I've used RushCard for several years and couldn't be happier. I like getting my paycheck deposited early.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I’m 72 and I've known about RushCard for 10 years. I needed a bank account and I wasn’t qualified so I got them. I like that I get my money two days before payday. I also get my tax return early, and I’m able to do my daily pay with Rushcard. But what I don’t like is when they changed from Chase to Metabank. There was a holdup with my money and we had to email representatives. All the employees who had Rushcard did not get their money and everybody got the checks, so it was a huge mix-up. It happened twice but it was within 10 years, so it’s not too bad. However, I wish that their reps would speak more English fluently and not have foreigners answering the calls. I also wish they went back to Chase but since I can’t get that, I’ll stick with Meta.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I've had RushCard for some time now. With it, my paycheck is always there on time and taxes get there quicker. Some cards charge monthly, but with RushCard, I can either do the monthly thing or just by the purchase, which is good. Their customer service is good most of the time, but sometimes it’s hard to understand them because the people are not from here.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have had my RushCard for 10 years and I love it. I wouldn’t trade it in for another prepaid card. With it, I get paid two days earlier than the regular payday. Plus using it to pay bills is convenient for me. However, I can't understand the foreign customer service reps sometimes, so I have to speak to a supervisor. I also wish we didn’t have to get charged a dollar after every single transaction, and we used to get cash back after so many purchases before. But overall, I'd definitely tell others that RushCard is a great idea.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had a relative that had Rushcard. He told me about it and I've been with them for a while now. I like that there's no overdraft nor a monthly fee. I've never had any issues with the card, except when they did their upgrade. There were a lot of issues then, but that was years ago. Also, I wish they had something like Apple Pay. It used to be that after the first 10 transactions, they took a dollar off every time you use it, but not anymore.

Using my Rushcard to pay bills is very convenient. I can just go online to pay. One of the best features, which I like, is the direct deposit. My money comes in two or three days early. Setting the direct deposit up had been very easy. I just went to rushcard.com, printed out the routing number and gave it to my employer. I also like how I can easily transfer money between two Rushcard accounts. My wife, my cousin and my mom also have Rushcard and if they needed money I could send it to them and they'd get it within 15 minutes. Talking with their customer service rep has gone well. Sometimes, I get someone from another country and it's hard to understand, but other than that, it has been awesome. I would recommend Rushcard to everybody.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have been with RushCard for 9 years and have decided to separate from them. I have recently gotten married and moved out of state. When attempting to change my last name on my RushCard, my license and social security card with my new last name on it would not suffice. They requested a marriage license. As I told them I took care of that with the local and state municipalities. My new legal last name is listed on my driver's license and SS card. After I faxed it over they would not accept them to change my last name.

I was told that they wanted my marriage license, one piece of paper had to be given to them in order for a name change, and they would not accept any deposited money with my new last name on it. I asked if I could just do another application, I was told my Social security number would still be the same so it will still link to the maiden name. My response, if the Social security number, address etc is matching why is my deposit being rejected. I discourage the use of this card! Once you sign up it's like doing a deal with the devil, you can't change it.

RushCard response

Hi Tamesha. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I have been with Rushcard for some years. I have referred my ex-husband, my 3 sons, an aunt and numerous others and not once have I ever been granted the referral fee. My most recent dissatisfaction with Rushcard was today, 02/07/2018. I transferred 150.00 to my son's card and for some odd reason, it went to a card that was found under his name, that he had no knowledge of. Now, I have been trying all morning to reach a live representative and to no avail. So, I reached out thru online chat, which by the way, I have been kicked out 6 times (so frustrating, but due to timeout). Anywho, I am told that Rushcard has no control over the money and the only way for him to get that money is for him to order another card with the missing card number. My son has to pay for his medication and this is a life and death situation and we have no help. He has a blood disorder, so this is crucial to his well-being. I will never use this service again!!

RushCard response

Hi Precious. We understand your concern and are here to help. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I’ve been with RushCard for 20 years and it’s just the easy way for me. It’s cool and convenient to use Rushcard in paying bills and purchasing online. However, their customer service sucks. Their CS reps are foreigners and you can't understand what they're saying. Every time I call, it’s always like that so I'd rarely ever call.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I feel it is impossible to talk with a human being. All I want is another card with the same card number. Where I am supposed to sign it says void. My card sometimes doesn’t want to scan. I am a loyal customer and I am usually happy, but when I can’t talk to a person I get mad.

RushCard response

Hi Jessica. We understand your concern and want to help. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I'm very girly and when I saw RushCard online, they had this pretty pink card and pink is my favorite color. I was getting married at the time, so I would have a portion of my paycheck go on to that card, and I use whatever was on that card towards everything I needed for my wedding. That way, if I had anything left at the end, everything was paid off when we got married. I got my RushCard in 2003, and I got married in 2005, and I still use the card. But for a period, I wasn't using it because I ended up getting divorced, so my credit finally went into a trap. Also, I got injured at work and I went from two incomes to one income or half of one income. During this period, RushCard sent me new cards but when I went to utilize my card, it wouldn't let me because they deactivated the card. I had to try to figure out how to handle that and they helped me through that process.

It was convenient to use RushCard for purchases or bills when the money was there. Then the money disappeared and they had to figure out where it went because I didn't know how to put the money back on the card. That kind of made me a little skeptical on who had access to my funds since my card was just in my wallet. So it was more of a RushCard thing, though, every card in every bank has been subject to some kind of hacking or fraud. I'm starting a job after I've been off of work for five and a half years due to my injury, so right now, I use the reload location. It’s easy and there's one right around the corner from me. Now I am getting back to being able to manage everything finance-wise and RushCard keeps me in check. Whatever is on the card, that's all I allot for whatever it is that I bargained for. I would recommend RushCard. As long as their people stay true to the company, it will stay as a useful tool for a lot of people.

RushCard response

Hi Lisa. Thank you for sharing your experience with RushCard. We appreciate the positive feedback. Thanks for being a loyal RushCard customer after all these years!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I've been a Rushcard holder for 14 years. I like that my deposits are a couple of days earlier and I have an easy access. However, their customer service could be better. I don’t understand a word that their reps are saying when I call. I'd like to be able to get in touch with somebody without going through all the changes and channels. Nonetheless, I've had a good experience with Rushcard.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have used the same atm for years. However I was not notified when Rushcard changed from MoneyPass to MoneyPak. This really grinds my gears because it is not my fault and I don't have $2.50 to give anyone. In the future, I would think that customers would be notified of changes like that. If the large customer base can't be handled and notified of changes, then why are we allowing OUR money to be out on the cards that somehow are benefited for y'all. And also the 3000 withdrawal limit a month and it is about to be tax time is preposterous.

RushCard response

Hi Emaly. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you regarding the issue you are having. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I really dislike or I can say hate RushCard. I suppose to got my direct deposit today & I never receive my money. My rent is due today so most likely I will be evicted out my home with my newborn. I trusted them to have my money on time. This is really disappointing RushCard putting me and my child in a messed situation because they holding my money & I need to pay rent. If I don't receive my money today I will be contacting a lawyer because every time I call customer services they don't have an answer to nothing. I believe they stealing people money because for a company that have no answer about your money is a scammer.

RushCard response

Hi Jaleesa. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have had an account with company since 2005 and the agents that I've encountered this week is by far the worst agents you ever hired, I think that you should review the list and fire every female that answered the phone when I called. Their English is terrible, I had to constantly repeat myself and they were rude. I was hung up on many times. I ordered a card on the 23rd that I didn't receive and was charged for. So now it's my payday and I have to get this card expedited and I am being charged again! I use to be this company's number 1 fan, unfortunately for me I did my taxes and it's on the way to this account but soon as I receive it. I am done with RUSH!

RushCard response

Hi Gloria. We understand your concern and are here to help. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I’ve had RushCard for a couple of years now and I use it to pay bills and stuff, which is very convenient. I don’t like to use my other debit cards that go with my bank in case something gets stolen. With RushCard, I like not getting overcharged or overdrawn fees. For reloading, I just go to Walmart and sometimes it takes 10 minutes to reload and sometimes longer. RushCard could have better customer service though. The last time I talked to their rep, I talked to someone from India and I had no idea what he was saying and I don’t think he knew what I was saying. I have a southern accent and he has an Indian accent. We just couldn’t communicate. I get load type of alert or promotional stuff from RushCard so I just call when I see something suspicious with their alerts. They also started sending alerts about my last purchase. For anybody looking to pay bills, I'd tell them that RushCard is perfect and the fees are good too.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

During Hurricane Sandy, RushCard was the only thing that was working. I use it as a debit card and I like it because I was able to upload my paychecks on there. I chose it over others because of Russell Simmons and I do direct deposit on it. It is very convenient to use and when I called because I lost my card, the people that I talked to were pleasant. Go to get this card.

RushCard response

Hi Barry. Thank you for sharing. We appreciate the positive feedback and appreciate you as a loyal customer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

RushCard was one of the first prepaid cards I can remember coming out. I've had RushCard within the month when they first started. I supported Russel Simmons then. RushCard has made it easier for me to not get into any problem because it’s prepaid, so get what I needed on there. I also like being able to check people who fraud. Paying bills online and making purchases online were very convenient and their customer service has been good. They were very professional and very easy to deal with. RushCard is a good company, they're worth it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This is the Worst card anyone can own. My card was blocked without me being contacted. When I called the agent said the card had been compromised. I was asked why I wasn't contacted. There was no reason just an apology. I was told I had to pay for another card even though it wasn't my fault. The agent said I had to wait 5 to 7 business days. I told him I needed my card to pay my bills asap. He then said I could pay for expedited shipping for 30.00. That would take 1 to 2 business days. I told him I had to do that.

I waited 2 days. No card. Called company back and was told agent had Not processed the card for expedited shipping. So they had to cancel the 1st card and resend it rush shipping. I've never been so disgusted. Now my bills are even farther behind and all I could get from Rush Card was, "I'm sorry." As soon as I get my cash off this card I'm done. Ridiculous. Customer service needs a course on how to treat their customers. I'm Extremely upset.

RushCard response

Hi Paula. We understand your concern and we are here to help. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I am waiting on my direct deposit. I usually get paid 2 days before my payday. It is the day of and I still do not have my deposit. I have called numerous times and could not speak to anyone. I have email as well. This is not the first time. I do not have a good number or email to contact anyone. This is very frustrating and I have bills to pay. I have been a member since 2009!

RushCard response

Hi Christopher. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

They have the dumbest people working for them. I was on hold for over a 1 hr, I had to repeat myself a number of times, I could barely understand what the C.S.R. was saying because she had a accent, and still didn't get my problem solved. I'll be canceling my card as soon as the money is returned to my card. It's sad to have to fight for your money and R.C. take sweet ass time.

RushCard response

Hi Leonardo. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue for you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I've been with RushCard for about 10 years now. I use it for everything and it has always been convenient. Plus I manage my finances better since the RushCard won't allow me to go negative. Also, they used to refund a certain portion of what they charge for the transactions I did. But, they don't do that anymore. I always do direct deposit, which was really simple to set up. And I’ve done reloading too but just once almost nine years ago.

Around three years ago, there was some issue going on with not being able to get our checks on time. RushCard was the only card that I use so after three paychecks that I was waiting on and they weren't sure it was going to come, I opened a bank account. The reps I spoke with were apologetic and sincere with it. But with people calling them asking the same questions, I could hear it in their voice that they were just as frustrated as we were. So now, I don't have all of my funds going through RushCard because in case I need my fund, I just have it large deposit going through my bank account. And then a portion that's not really needed, for me to save as well if I can, goes to my RushCard. But I still love everything about RushCard. I've recommend a lot of my family members and friends to get RushCard. And we all have it and we can send funds between each other.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

RushCard is a joke! I've had them since 2013 and recently tried to do the referral program (started the process in Aug 2017). They continuously sent the card to the wrong address, even after calling to update the address 3 times. Then, when we finally received one card (now it's January) they're now claiming a referral code wasn't used, when they can see we've called over 20 times for this issue, and this wasn't our mess up! Our initial 20 applications were referrals, but now this one isn't? How? We did the same application EVERY TIME! How convenient that the one we ACTUALLY received wasn't a referral, right? The agent that we called did the application! How is this my mess up? Every agent says something different when we call.

We loaded the card & now they're saying it wasn't the first load! We just called in less than a week ago and was told it didn't matter, to go load $50 on our card now. Now, we're learning that isn't the case. So, like I said, their agents are horrid. They'll tell you anything to get you off the phone, then continue to lie to you. And they avoid making things right at all costs! I just want the $60 reference bonus, like promised. I followed directions. Your agents need to learn how to resolve issues, not make them worse. I will refuse to use RushCard until this is resolved, and I will post reviews every chance I get so you lose customers because this is completely not how you do business!

RushCard response

Hi Kambria. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this situation. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I got the RushCard in 2007 initially because of Russel Simmons being attached to it. And that it was a good choice. Their reps are always willing to help and figure things out. I love the fact that I get my paycheck three days before everybody else's or even before the payday. I have a bank account, which I also use, but I stick with RushCard because of the earlier paycheck. It's the ultimate biggest benefit I get from it. It’s also convenient using RushCard to pay bills and make online purchases. Though there’s a little inconvenience because some places, even with applications like the Cash App and different apps that I have on my phone, don't accept prepaid cards.

RushCard response

Hi Deya. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We value your feedback and value you as a loyal RushCard customer.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have had RushCard since 2006, and it is convenient for me. I use RushCard only for my direct deposit, and it is pretty easy to it set up. There were a few issues that I had as far as deposits not being there on time or a deposit that I did not authorize, and the RushCard team was really good in assisting me. RushCard works and I get my money today before my actual deposit.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Been with them since 09, been purchasing offline for quite some time. Contacted them letting them know someone took 8$ off my card without my permission. They looked in the system, saw it, & told me issue would be handled. It’s a week later. Me & my 3 kids are at Walmart. I had a purchase of over 380$ worth of stuff & it would not let me purchase. Contacted them. They said my card was blocked because of an potential someone may have tried it to hack it. I gave them everything they needed in order for me to unfreeze my card & I've gotten the runaround. My utilities bills are late, my kids are hungry & I’m dissatisfied!!! RushCard is awful.

RushCard response

HI Christopher. We understand your concern and are here to help. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Good afternoon! Hope all is well. Let me preface this by saying I have been a RushCard customer since 2003. It has frequently been my preferred source for direct deposit and processing credits/refunds. You simply can't beat the 2-day early deposit and immediate credits to your account/card for returned items. My perception changed however in December '17. Upon processing a return for credit to my account in December, it seems that now Rushcard will actually debit/charge your account for the return amount and then credit your account for the same amount. Thus creating a "pending" hold/transaction on your account for 3-5 business days. The credit does not post immediately anymore as it did on my account for the past 15 years.

When I contacted customer care to address this change (I've done so on several occasions within the past month) all they can say is that this is occurring due to a system error. Corporate supposedly is aware and trying to correct the problem. These has been going on for two (2) months now. Is there actually a 'system' problem that is causing the credits to be delayed OR was there actually a change in policy that Rushcard neglected to advise customers of? Please provide truth, not customer service spin. One of the biggest assets of your product... CONVENIENCE... has been compromised because of this. I look forward to any and all feedback or info that you can provide.

RushCard response

Hi James. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

RushCard is by far the worst prepaid company. I recently made a purchase with my bank debit card and when I returned the item, I asked if the money could be put back on my Rushcard. Everything was fine and the transaction went smooth. Within three days the money was credited to my account, but RushCard blocked my account because of “suspicious” activity due to the return that was made. I then sent in my receipt showing I had made the original purchase with my debit card and a customer service representative said my money would be available within 24-48 hours. Here it is days later, and the CSR is saying corporate has to unblock it. If I don't receive my money soon I will kindly filed many complaints with BBB. This is ridiculous and I'm ashamed to be a customer of theirs.

RushCard response

Hi Kahdedgra. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can look further into this issue. Thank you.

RushCard Company Information

www.rushcard.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use