3.29/5
Based on 617 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)
CBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

4138 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

I SENT THE CHECK PAYMENT TO ONE OF MY COMPANY FOR $3500. THEY NEVER RECEIVED THE CHECK. I have been calling RushCard customer service from more than 3 weeks now. All they are saying back office didn't put the money back into my account and there is no update. Please help or I am going to file charges with FTC.

RushCard response

Hi there. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 10, 2018

I have had my RushCard 12 years, I never thought I would have to leave a bad review, but the customer service has gotten horrible, a hold was placed on my card for a hotel stay that they want to hold 35 days. I did a 3-way with the merchant and they did exactly what they were told to release it and they still refuse to release it, the manager Louise was horrible, she simply refused to hear me out even after I requested to have the recorded call pulled. She just ignored me, I have stayed in many hotels and never had a 35 day hold on my money, I AM SO DONE! The early deposit is just not worth all this frustration.

RushCard response

Hi Flo. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been with RushCard over 3 years. Never had a problem until this year. My card was compromised in another state. I attempted to update my new address but the online feature to do so is never working. I told the agent before I did my dispute I needed to change my address. She assured me they would change it when she transferred me back to customer service. After she was done with my dispute. Well the phone ended hanging up on their end. I called back they told me they couldn't change it without documents. At this point I'm very upset. I'm 7 months pregnant and they keep giving me the runaround.

I finally fax them the paperwork they asked for my dispute. They told me I could update my address on the form on the dispute, which was a lie. They still had my old address on there. There was no area on there I could've updated my new address. Then they said I needed proof of my current address. I uploaded my lease, AT&T bill and Driver's License. They still rejected my documents! I have my direct deposit just sitting in my account with no access to it. I wouldn't recommend RushCard to anyone. I keep calling to talk to corporate. They have no number for them. Talking to an agent or supervisor is just as worst. Can't understand due to language barrier.

RushCard response

Hi Jasmine. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can look further into this issue. Thank you .

Original review: April 7, 2018

Rude customer service and very incompetent. In 2016 I had my tax return direct deposited to my account and they put my money in someone else's account that had the same last name but not the same first name or social or account number and yet they say they can't fix it still to this day. I am currently working with an attorney and will be hitting them for more than the 7000.00 that someone else got to live off of.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2018

I've been a RushCard customer for three years and I recently switched jobs. When my payroll department put my account number in they used the dashes that were in my account number as they were shown on the form. When it was time for me to get paid they rejected my paycheck and told me at least 6 times that they were going to escalate it to corporate just to find out that I had to wait 3-5 business days for them to return it to my payroll department. All of my information was correct for my account and was told that because of the dashes in my account they could not release my paycheck. This ruined my whole weekend. Once I get my paycheck back I am immediately closing this account. I couldn't believe I was treated like this after using their service for over two years.

RushCard response

Hi Daryl. We understand your concern and apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Please send us a private message if there is anything else we can further assist you with. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

Had a double charge from my car insurance company, it say pending in my account for over two weeks. I reported it my insurance company, they sent a letter to release funds. This happened March 20th. I still haven't received my money back and now they are saying it never existed. I work hard for every penny I have and I have started a lawsuit against them, reported them to BBB. I've never met such an unprofessional, ignorant bunch of people before in my life. I'll never trust or use RushCard again in my life and if you are smart you wouldn't either. I've used them since 2016, biggest mistake of my life!

Updated on 04/15/2018: Thought I was getting somewhere messaging with a RushCard representative on here. NOT!!! They are still denying they took money from me. I mean seriously, who's not going to miss that much money from their account? I keep track of my cash down to the cent. I'm going to HAVE to sue just to get MY MONEY back. It just doesn't make sense. One way or another I will get my $400 back. This is such bull!!

RushCard response

Hi Derisa. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2018

It's convenient to have RushCard and I get my paycheck early. I can also see any transaction posted on my card. I've had RushCard for 10 years already and every time I had a problem, they worked and helped me out.

RushCard response

HI Marcus. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it and are glad you are continuing to enjoy your RushCard after all these years.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I called several occasions and was very dissatisfied. I’ve been a member for many years. I use RushCard for many things. I used it recently for a hotel stay and extra funds were withdrawn. The hotel released the hold but RushCard didn’t. I’m travel across the country for my job and now I’m without funds because RushCard won’t release them to me. Very disappointed. I’ve used it for other hotels and never had any problems. Why???

RushCard response

Hi Carla. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

On March 29th, the merchant attempted to collect a pre authorization charge for 484.73. I contacted them to advise they were using the wrong card and the officer manager cancelled the transaction and issued a refund. I spoke with my bank to make them aware of what happened but was advised in order to release the funds the merchant needs to send a release of funds letter. I even offer to conference the merchant and my bank on the line together but was informed that it has to be faxed. NO VERBAL AUTHORIZATION IS ACCEPTED. I advised the merchant of this information and they faxed it over with no problems. I contacted my bank and they said, "We received the required documentation. It’s being processed by the corporate office and everything would be completed by 1 to 2 bd," and my funds would be posted.

I contacted them today and was advised that the paperwork was rejected because they could not speak with the manager who faxed over The paperwork. THIS MANAGER WORKS OVERNIGHT, CORPORATE ONLY OPERATES DURING BUSINESS HOURS 8 to 5. The merchant was willing to let them speak with another manager or even the accounting department to confirm. Furthermore I provided what was asked of me and they are advising me I can’t get my money until 35 days. Bills are due. They have the paperwork. It cleverly states to release my funds not to mention that I am advising to release my funds. No one at this company is helping me and I don’t have money to let sit pending. This is robbery.

RushCard response

Hi there. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist. Thank you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

They have known customer service and the phone are out of the United States and you don’t get the right answer and they don’t know anything I have been trying to get my money??? Back on my account and it has caused me to be late on all my bills and I am getting late fees and may lose everything and Metabank has no answers and I really hated I ever sign up to this company. You call yourself support business Russell Simmons. Never again. This not what I sign up for. Don’t do any business with this company. They are a scam.

RushCard response

Hi Peggy. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2018

I have been with RushCard since 2005 and have not had any issues up until now. I called to dispute a charge and was told I would need to speak with the dispute dept. The rep in disputes had a laundry list of questions that I did not have time to go over so I advised that I will have to call back to start the dispute process so I hung up the phone. Unbeknownst to me, the rep continued with the dispute. I tried to use my card at 2 different locations before I realized that something was not right. I had just received my direct deposit so I knew I had money to cover the items. Mind you I was getting ready to pay my rent. When I called the rep advised that since I put in the dispute the card was blocked for security reasons.

If I didn't officially start the dispute then why is my card blocked!?! Why was I not informed that the card would be blocked and I would get another one in 5-7 business days. I was on the phone for dang near 3 hours! Every time I asked to speak with a supervisor I kept getting the runaround. One rep even said I can Google another number to call because she didn't have a directory for the company. Like WTF!?! The rep said I can get the card expedited for $30. I said I need my card ASAP so I can pay my rent on time. I was told that if I just went with the standard delivery it would be delivered around the 5th or the 6th. I advised to the rep that I CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES pay my rent late.

I said I want the card expedited but I should not have to pay for the company's mistake. The rep became very rude and condescending stating "well since you don't want to pay the $30 to get your card faster you will have to wait until the end of the week". What company makes a mistake and makes the customer pay for it? And I was also charged a $5 replacement card fee! Like seriously!?! I'm being charged for a card I didn't even ask for... As long as I have been with RushCard I have NEVER had a major ** like this. Let this new card not be delivered today like it's supposed to... Once I get my card I am pulling my funds and closing the acct.

RushCard response

Hi Erica. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 31, 2018

These people are horrible and the customer service no one speak English and they lie. I don't recommend that no one get a card from this company at all. They're horrible. I was lied to by rep and supervisor, and none of them ever give their real name. They are not from and you can hardly understand them. DO' NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AT ALL. RUSHCARD!!! Run from them like for real!!!

RushCard response

Hi Jennifer. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2018

I have used RushCard for years longer than the 5 years they have me accounted for. I recently added money to my card after not using the card for that entire month and was charged a full months service fee for three days and they are going to charge me again on the first. I simply asked for this month's fee to be waived since I hadn't used their service for even half of the month. Not only would they not refund the fee but someone there that was supposed to be a supervisor HUNG UP on me. She offered to listen to past calls to see where the fee had been reversed for me in the past yet when I call back in and ask for my call to be listened to I'm told they can't do that. So you can offer it if you think you can prove me wrong but not when one of your employees have done something wrong? I truly hope that this last monthly service fee was worth it as it will be the last one you take from me.

RushCard response

Hi Key. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can look further into this issue. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2018

I recently checked into a hotel which required a deposit from me which the travel company told me I was not responsible for. Upon checkout RushCard has now informed me that I have to wait 3-5 business days for them to put my money back. It didn't take 3-5 business days for RushCard to take the money from me so why should it take them 3-5 business days to get it back. I am furious and I will be switching banks.

RushCard response

Hi Emily. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was forced to move from my home so I needed to put in a dispute, once the dispute is in you have to get that card blocked and get another one... Okay so being that I was forced from where I was living I had to come to my daughter's house... I needed the new card to come here not there. So I told them of this and informed them that I didn't have any mail addressed to me because I just came here so they had me repetitiously uploading documents, sending over third party bills of my daughters and they rejected all of them so then they say get a disability benefits letter.

So I dreadfully call the SS office and explain what happened so he prints me out a letter with the new address in it. This was on the 22nd, every day I call I get the same story "our back office has not updated your account yet but we will email them so that it's escalated. I HAVE BEEN GETTING TOLD THIS every time I CALL. Apparently the only way corporate office can be reached is through email. Their services are terrible. I have been a customer since 2004... Trust me. When I get this new card I'm closing the account!

RushCard response

Hi Jennifer. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Such a JANKY service. Rude representatives. I requested a refund for a purchase made over a week ago and RushCard cannot find my funds. All their representatives say is “we’ll put in ANOTHER request to corporate.” Okay when is corporate gonna come to work? $300 is a lot of money to not be able to locate.

RushCard response

Hi De'Nesha. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I mainly use RushCard for purchases, but I like that my funds are in there two days prior to my actual payday. Something happened a couple of years ago and I wasn’t able to get access to my funds and it was a whole big mix up and I didn't know what was going on. But that was the only thing, and I will tell my friends that they need to get RushCard especially to set up direct deposit if they don't have a regular bank.

RushCard response

Hi Sheketha. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad that you are enjoying using your RushCard!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2018

I been with RushCard for 4 year. Some stole 814 dollars off my card. I was approved for the provisional credit. They me I had to wait 10 business days. Yesterday was the I was supposed to receive my credit. I call my card and checked my online account around 1:15pm nothing was posted. I call customer service 3 time until I had got to a manager. I was told that the credit would be posted on my card by midnight. She also said that she will her team watch my account for the credit. I call customer service at 11pm last night and was told the credit will be posted on my card. I was told to wait until midnight.

I went sleep and woke back up around 1:30 this morning and again. The representative was very nasty, loud, and had a bad attitude because ask to speak to a manager. The lines are recorded. I will be call BB. They transferred me to supervisor and she on hold for 30 mins and did not respond back. I hung up the phone and call again. I was told the closed my case and that not receiving the credit. I was very anger after wait 10 business days and lied to me. RushCard this wrong and I'm leaving your company for good before something else happens.

RushCard response

Hi Arielle. We understand that your funds are important to you. For us to further assist you, please send us a private message. Thank you.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Illegal fees from a MoneyPass ATM machine - I've been a RushCard holder for over ten years and up to then, I had no problems with the using my card for financial business in my everyday life. But now, things have gone south for some time now and I can't get an honest answer from them. They called me the other day and left me a number without an extension attached and now, it's like pulling teeth trying to get some assistance? I have even gone to the extinct in writing them and telling my story but it falls on deaf ears and I'm tired of it seriously.

I'm writing them again to get some idea of what and how my needs to be meet as soon as possible? It's a very sad situation when you have to put yourself out their and plead with someone who has a substantial amount of my money in their hands and I can't get my story resolved in a professional and timely manner. Until my next review, I plan on keeping you and all concerned contestants in the loop...

RushCard response

Hi Grigsby. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can look into this issue further. Thank you.

Original review: March 26, 2018

They stole my money. I have a newborn baby and they close my account without tell me. I had lights go off and all because they close my account without advise me before close it. I have a police report and I'm taking everything that they did to court. I'm getting all my money back. That well over $700 dollars that RushCard can just take without permission. The worst card ever.

RushCard response

Hi Jasoni. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look. Thank you.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I went with RushCard a long time ago as it seemed better at the time. I like how if something is trying to come through, they won't allow it. They’ll call me if anything isn't looking right. I used to experience getting paid two days early but I don't get that anymore. But I use it for paying bills or making online purchases and I'm okay with that. I also use it for direct deposits.

RushCard response

Hi Veda. Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience with us. We are glad you are continuing to enjoy your RushCard.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I've been a RushCard member since 2004 and I get my deposits a lot quicker than the standard time. I like the ease in transactions and being able to navigate and understand the online system easily. I'm always reviewing my transactions and I sign in to the online system at least 10 times a day. I use RushCard for practically everything. I pay bills online, I make payments over the phone to utility companies, and I make online purchases. I always use the reload locations and utilize the same locations on either a CBS pharmacy or a Walmart. That's been fairly easy as well.

The one thing that's not good is it sets a limit on how much in one transaction. Sometimes also, I can only load so much for a day that I have to go back to a reload location a second time that day and pay another fee. So, they should look into changing the load amount. Moreover, if one has a customer service issue then they may have to be a little careful. The customer service team had been contracted to a foreign entity and is difficult to understand. Answering questions is a hit or a miss for them and sometimes they are not understanding what I'm asking for.

RushCard response

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us, Cambria. We appreciate it!

Original review: March 22, 2018

RushCard blocked my card without notifying me prior and then refused to assist me or provide me any availability to my funds. I moved and because they did not have my updated address they wanted me to send a copy of my Social Security card along with photo ID and a bill but I did not want to send the SS card because it’s too personal. So when I just sent my photo ID they rejected it because they could not see my face but I argued that they didn’t know what I looked like anyway so it still doesn’t have to be me in the picture even if they could see the face. The only thing they need is the address. But they still refuse to send me a new card or release my funds and it just so happened that this happened right before a direct deposit. I’m convinced they did this intentionally. Never get the RushCard. Stay away. Just get a regular bank account. If you have issues and can’t we’ll fix whatever it is and get an account.

RushCard response

Hi there. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I like RushCard and I've had it since 2005. I get SSI and I wanted to have my money on the card. I can pay my bills and stuff with my RushCard. It's convenient. I do direct deposit and I load money on it. But I just moved to a different town so I have to look around and find a reload location. Their reps are also good people and they try to help me. Sometimes they're easy to get a hold of but sometimes they're not like when the cards are down.

RushCard response

Hey Neosha. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value your feedback and appreciate it.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have dealt with RushCard on and off for about 10 years. The customer service is not good at all, no one knows what's going on. I have talked to several different customer service agents since Friday March 16, 2018 and it has been a nightmare trying to file a dispute. Short story stayed at a hotel, they double charged my card, instead of reversing the charge they withdrew $5000.00. Now my account is negative and I am trying to get this straightened out in a timely fashion. First, they couldn't even find my dispute. All of sudden it was an error so they did it manually. Never received dispute form to sign. So, Monday they sent me one and claim they didn't receive it. Now it's Wednesday. Not even sure if dispute was even done.

So, finally one of the agents said that my affidavit was rejected for no customer ID. No one called, no one followed up, just still out in limbo. So finally, I have sent the affidavit and the customer service agent sent it to the dispute team. Meanwhile since my dispute got lost in the space since Friday March 16, 2018 at this point I don't even know if they have done it. But I have no money, account negative and no one seems to care.

RushCard response

Hi Karen. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I was in need of cash to pay a bill. I pulled up to the nearest ATM which was at Chase Bank. I then to withdraw 200 dollars. The atm then gave me a receipt stating that they could not disburse any funds but I noticed it was taken from my account balance and I didn't receive any money. So I went inside the bank, in which I was told to contact RushCard which told me to contact Chase, which Chase told me if I had a account with them they could have credited me, but I would need to contact RushCard which I did to be told they can't do anything until it post to my account. Long story short I'm still waiting on my bill money. Hate is a strong word but I hate RushCard and their services. I would NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone. I beyond hurt by how I was treated by them. They showed no compassion for handling or fighting for my money. In fact, they were careless.

RushCard response

Hi Tyketia. We understand that your funds are important to you. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2018

I've been with RushCard for 10 years. I liked the design of their card, and I didn't have a bank account at the time I signed up with them. Rushcard charges a lot of fees now. And since they've cut out the fee-free ATMs, it's been kind of a headache for me. I'm really thinking about getting rid of them. Every time I use the card, I'm charged like a dollar each transaction or if I get money deducted, they charge me, too. With RushCard, people are able to send me money using MoneyGram. I've used the direct deposit, too. I also use my card to pay bills and make purchases online, but with those fees, it's slightly inconvenient. I called the team at Rushcard about a fee that I was charged for using an ATM that I was using regularly with no fees, and they didn't even reverse it. They just said they changed the policy, which I should've known, but I didn't. They also said they sent an email but I don't read my email or the fine print.

RushCard response

Hi Erika. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you regarding ATM fees and your monthly plan. We are here to help.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2018

I called in to RushCard because I noticed that money was being taken out of my account at several Walmarts in NJ and I live in Va. When I called in and verified my information they transferred me to the dept that handles disputes. They advised me that when they finish filing the dispute they would be sending me out a new card as my old card will be put on a hold status. I told them that my address has changed, still same city and state different home. They said they would transfer me to have my address updated so I can receive another card. So when they transferred me they hung up on me so I had to call back and when I spoke with the rep they said I had to go on Rushcard.com and do the address change. I looked up and down that website for 2 days.

Finally I called back today and to find out the resolution on my dispute and to let them know I could not find out where on the website I had to go to change the address. Here is where it gets crazy. The rep kept repeating everything I would say and then he goes, "This will take up to 90 days to get resolved." This is not acceptable as they told me this would be resolved soon since this is definitely a slip up on their end and this is where my direct deposit goes. Then he tells me it will be resolved by May 9 then he says in 10 days????

I asked which is it because you keep changing things and that he had to remember my paycheck goes in this account. I then asked about the address change and he said I was misinformed about the website. I need to send in documentation with my address. I said to where in which he never said. I said, "I will send a copy of my driver's license just give me a fax and what all info is needed and to who." He said my driver's license will not be acceptable because people send in their DL and it does not have the correct address on it. WTH?? Makes no sense that someone would send the wrong address for them to get their card on a change of address.

He then proceeded to argue this to me. Now understand my money just went missing out of my account and now this guy is arguing with me about my address. I said I wanted to speak with a Supervisor. So after about 20 minutes I get a supervisor. He tells me that not only will I need to send him the Driver's License, my utility bill and my Social Security card? My SS card not happening for a change of address.

I asked him to send me the document that advises me of the information I will need to change my address and he said he is telling me as they do not have any documentation on this. REALLY! So I am supposed to send my SS number to you to change my address after the reason for the call in the first place was that my account was either hacked or RushCard sent out a card to another person that was tied to my account... He then said "we are protected by the Federal Government. This is why we need your Social Security to change your address..." He also asked me "if I had any friends or relatives with RushCard because I can ask them about the change of address". At that time I was done. I asked him if he was really a supervisor at this point and said I will be calling back to get the correct information sent out to me on how to update my address and also how my dispute is going... RushCard as a customer for 7 years this is Ridiculous.

RushCard response

Hi Corey. We understand your concern and want to help. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2018

So I had a transaction on my card that I did not authorize last year towards in of the year. Called customer service to report the issue, they informed me that they close the card which is typical, but I didn’t realize that I couldn’t go online to “MY” account and update the address where I no longer live since I got the card. So of course you people that barely speak English or understand it to work in customer service where the consumer is in America but customer service is the Philippines which strange but cheap labor. But back on track I have fax over my documents that I need to do 7 times!!! You hear me RushCard 7 times my ID, my social security number, proof of residence of electric bill etc, and they come back failing because they can’t see the documents.

The worse part is that doing it faxzero.com where you take a photocopy of the documents they still can’t see it which is strange due to the fact that I adjusted it to the point where you can see it clear as day!!! It’s amazing how this company wants to promote this bull crap company and get away from banks but don’t have a reliable resource in USA to contact to get things resolved for situations like in others!!! I am in contact with a lawyer right now because for a company to hold my money for 6 months where I have no access to is unreal. S this is not going to stop from me RushCard!

RushCard response

Hi Jamaal. We understand your concern and want to help. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Don't get a RushCard these people are scammers! On March 9, 2018 I called them because I had forgotten my pin and was unable to get my direct deposit of 549.00 so they said in order to change my pin I needed to remember my old pin. I was furious because the whole reason I needed to change my pin was because I couldn't remember so they said, "Well ma'am the only thing we can do is send you another card for a fee." Why do I need to pay for another card? So they wanted 30.00 to get a new card within 2 days I said absolutely not! So the other option was pay 5.00 and wait 7 days for that card. I had to agree. Today is March 17, 2018 and still no card.

I called them and said they have no record of anyone requesting for a card. So I told them to give me the number of the RushCard corporate office they refused. I looked thru several of the RushCard complaints and I found it when I called they said that RushCard sold the company and this no longer was their phone number but she gave me a number for UniRush in Ohio. When I called the number they put you on hold with this music and no one ever picks up the phone. I am so frustrated with these scammers. I'm going to tell them to small claims court. I warn anyone who currently has a RushCard that just because you haven't had a problem with them doesn't mean you won't later on. YOU WILL!!! CANCEL THAT CARD ASAP!!!!

RushCard response

Hi Zulma. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can take a further look into this issue. Thank you.

RushCard expert review by Beverly Harzog

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

RushCard Company Information