3.5/5 (4200 ratings)

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About RushCard

RushCard gives users more financial control by only letting them spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard. You can use RushCard for long-term savings or day-to-day purchases and deposits. The direct deposit program lets cardholders with qualifying deposits receive funds up to two days early. Select from two different plan options.

Pros

• RushGoals saving feature
  • User-friendly mobile app
  • Early paychecks with direct deposit

Cons

• Higher fees than some competitors

Bottom Line

RushCard is an alternative to bank debit cards and credit cards with an app to manage transactions. It has higher fees than some competitors but can be worth the investment to save money and time in the long run.

Top RushCard Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Love the card. Tells me what I done… I can always go back to it and I get my money early. I don't like to carry money so it's very convenient for me to just swipe which is what I ...

Verified

I like that since RushCard is prepaid, you put on there what you need so you can’t use what's not there. I like the convenience of loading it any time I want to… The direct deposi...

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

What is RushCard?

RushCard is a prepaid debit card that can be used in place of a checking account or given to others as a gift card. The cards can be used to make purchases and withdraw funds from ATMs, and you can set up direct deposit on the app and get your paycheck and deposit two days earlier than usual. RushCard also offers a savings plan, RushGoals.

How to get a RushCard

To get a RushCard, call over the phone or sign up online. Federal law requires you to provide documents to confirm your identity and Social Security number.

RushCard doesn’t check credit scores, so most people who sign up are likely to get approved. Once approved, you receive a new card in the mail and set up a personal identification number. You can use your card online or in stores after you set up the PIN.

RushCard fees

RushCard offers two payment plan options. The Unlimited plan has a higher monthly fee at $7.95 (or $5.95 with direct deposit) at the time of publishing, but the plan doesn’t charge any purchasing fees or inactivity fees. This is a smart option if you plan to use your RushCard pretty often.

The second option is a pay-as-you-go plan with no monthly fee. However, this plan charges a $1 transaction fee per purchase. If you primarily use your RushCard to pay a few bills, this might be a better plan for you.

RushCard FAQ

What bank is RushCard with?
RushCard partners with MetaBank and Visa to offer its cards. RushCard is insured by the FDIC.
How do I get my RushCard account number?
Your account number is shown on your RushCard, which you will receive in the mail if your application is approved.
Does RushCard have a monthly fee?
RushCard’s Unlimited plan has a monthly fee, but the pay-as-you-go plan does not.
Does Walmart sell RushCards?
Yes, RushCards are available at some participating Walmarts.
How long does it take RushCard to receive a tax refund?
Your tax refund should appear around two weeks after the IRS received your return if you chose to deposit it in your RushCard account.
Is a RushCard prepaid?
Yes, RushCard is a prepaid Visa that must have funds loaded onto the card or account.

Is RushCard legit?

RushCard is a good choice if you are looking for a prepaid card for safety or gifting purposes. The card has two plans to choose from, which lets you pick a plan that works well with how you intend to use your card. The monthly or transaction fees could be worth it for the perks like early paychecks and savings features.

RushCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I got hacked by google on Rush Card so I voided the account. They refunded the money to that closed acct. I’ve been trying to get a paper check since October. Now Royal Caribbean refund me to that acct so I have 313.00 sitting in that account. EVERYTIME I called some foreign (non American) representative says the exact same thing. "It’ll be sent in check back in two days." Then I email them, got some standard reply saying the same thing. I truly thought a bank should send you a paper check on a closed account. I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE A SCHEME TO HOLD YOUR MONEY. I’ve been with them since 2007. I’ve never gotten good customer service. It’s VERY DIFFICULT TO GET HELP. I contacted Metabank. Their response was to contact RushCard but it clearly says it’s run by metabank.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I was on the phone with RushCard when 5 transactions totaling over $250.00 were stolen from my account unauthorized. While on the phone there were several representatives that were rude and very unprofessional with attempting to charge me an additional $35 for processing a new card and then telling me I have to wait 7-10 days to even being dispute of the funds that were stolen from my account. I have been with this company since 2006 and have never had such a worst experience with customer service. Representatives acted as if they could not hear me, hanging up on me and being very rude. There is still no resolution and I will be contacting the authorities for stolen charges and while also pursuing legal actions with Rush Card. Very unacceptable and very unprofessional!

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

On December 24th, 2021 I was on my RushCard online account, and I made a card to payee transfer to my T-MOBILE MONEY ACCOUNT in the amount of $ 101.97 and another transfer to the same account on 12/06/2021 in the amount of $ 25: Which Rushcard stated that it would be delivered on 12/03/2021 & 12/06/2021, but neither arrived to my T-MONEY MOBILE ACCOUNT.

I called and called Rushcard and I've just been ignored for my money has not been placed back into my account... T-MOBILE MONEY contacted me, stating that they don't accept third-party checks to fund my T-MOBILE MONEY ACCOUNT, so appearently after I made this transfer, Rushcard took it upon themselves to send a third party check instead of direct. Because of such, I have been without my $ 126 for 2-weeks now without a response from the company or a refund. This is just plain wrong and they're doing nothing to rectify this matter. I'm behind on my bills because of such and here it is I've been a customer since 2007. WOW... RUSHCARD, CAN I PLEASE HAVE MY FUNDS PLACED BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT PLEASE.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I have been a customer for 11 years and most recently had a dispute filed back on Oct 5, 2021 and should of had provisional credit back to my account but the dispute department said I exceeded the red return of their forms which they sent me on Rushcard Cover letter which clearly stated to return within 10 business days.

The customer service people supervision sent my complaint to the dispute team indicating that by their own rules it was received in exactly 10 days October 15, 2021 but continued to come up with 11 days and said it was not business days. It is and was disputed by the very customer service supervision within their very own organization as being received in 10 days and in fact the Rushcard cover letter indicates and I quote "Return in 10 Business Days" but I've gotten hang ups, Game playing and although proven I have zero ability now in the Dispute team acknowledging my calls at all! After almost 11 years of being a Rushcard customer I am left with no choice but to take my business elsewhere and as of this date no action to help or remedy my problem by Rushcard to ease my loss only to make it incredibly worse!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

There’s 91.00 taken out my account from google. I have contacted google. I also, have documentation that I didn’t make any recent transactions from them. I have email RushCard multiple regarding my money. I don’t have any money left and have bills to pays. They were no help. In my opinion this is stealing I didn’t authorize anyone to make this transactions. I cannot speak to their customer service because the automatic system doesn’t recognize my last 4 digits of my card. Could someone please help. I have been with them since 2012 I would have thought they would handle situations like this better than they are doing.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Do not use RushCard!! They often have transaction disputes. I think it’s done by some of the representatives. Nobody answers the phone when you need help. If you wanna check on your money you can’t. To speak to someone is hard. It’s a shame!!! They do horrible business!!! I was in gold fur over an hour just to speak to someone and dispute these 25 charges that was placed on my account. That’s not the first time this has happened. There’s is no security!!! Run from RushCard. I’m telling you they're a con!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Said they did a dispute for me, and reimbursed me, 6 months later they determined I owed it, I told them I didn't spend 100.00 on Microsoft, it was a scam, I wasn't even working, but any way RushCard didn't stand up for me. Don't get this card when you really need your money. They will find a reason to take it.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I requested a replacement card a couple of months ago. I sent in all my require identification information which included my driver's license, proof of address and work stub. As yet I have not received my RushCard. They keep giving me excuses and in the meantime I have two Social Security checks and a stimulus check which I cannot get my funds from. I am being evicted from my apartment because I cannot pay my rent due to the fact that they have not sent my card yet. Everything that requested was approved by them. My case number is **.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been reaching out to Rush Card for months now and they keep giving me the run around about my deceased parents. In which they will not release their funds on the card after receiving death certificate.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have a prepaid debit card with RushCard, MetaBank. On February 27th there was a fraudulent charge made through Facebook, my account was hacked and both of my debit cards on file were fraudulent used. I filed a dispute case on March the 7th for $480.00. I was given a provisional credit on March the 19th. Only 7 days later on the 26th Rushcard reversed my provisional credit twice putting my about into the negatives over $900.00. I've asked multiple times as to why it was closed, all they keep telling me is no error was found and the investigation is private.

I work for a major bank and know that is a lie. In fraud cases the bank must given a reason as to why I lost the case. Also, I only filed one dispute yet they reversed the credit twice and as of April the 3rd they have refused to fix or correct the error from March 26th. I've emailed and called multiple times and keep being told 1 to 2 days, the corporate office is looking into the matter and still nothing. No one will help me! I've kept all my emails and call records due to possibly needing to get a lawyer to get the money they stole from me.

RushCard Company Information