2.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

RushCard Gallery (6)
CBBB Rating
View More View More

4317 RushCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The Rushcard which I've been using for five years is more for entertainment purposes like for going to the movies. It’s my play money. I could do a direct deposit a day early and when doing online transactions, I pay it the same as having a debit card from the bank.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I love using RushCard and when I worked, I had my money loaded to the card. Sometimes, the $1 fees would add up and it’s taking your money right there. Other than that, everybody I talked to at RushCard handled the situation very well. My check arrived two days earlier and I liked that I’m able to pay my bills and online expenses. It was very easy to reload and I had also put money on the card and transfer from one account to another. Also, if you refer people and if they sign up and complete the referral, they get $30 and you get $30 as well. I have referred about 10 people and sometimes, I just forget my code to get my bonus. I'd tell friends to get RushCard. It’s a good choice.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I love it when RushCard direct deposits my pay two days early. But sometimes I get an unhappy surprise when it doesn't come early. Most times when this happens I get my pay by the next morning (still a day early). But this time I am going into the payday and still no deposit. Take my advice and don't get comfortable with the early pay. I have things due yesterday that will now be two days late. No change in job, account, or anything else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Been a RushCard member because I am planning to retire in the Philippines and RushCard is able to be used Internationally, till without notice they removed the option to withdraw money internationally. Now I am not able to withdraw or use my card here in the Philippines and now I have to go to the US just to withdraw money. On their website they still have it saying that you are able to use your card for international withdrawals and purchases.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Worst customer service, money has been missing from my account and every time I ask to speak to a supervisor they have me on hold for more than 20 minutes and disconnect the call. Worst bank ever. Don't get it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I’ve review many people who applied through link that was sent in email. Family and friends enter my code and I didn’t get credit. They claimed not to see code that was applied. All 15 of us will be canceling our accounts and stopping all incoming deposits.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

This company doesn't care about its customers. I've filed a dispute for over 1200 because my card was used while I was incarcerated. Since then we have went through a hurricane. I've contacted them every day to try to get the provisional credits added to my card so I can take care of my kids. We have no power and no water. They just keep with the same response. Wait 10 business days so that's the 22nd. I am sitting here with my kids. I can't bathe or feed and it's hot. I need the money to get a motel room to take care of my kids and all they say is wait 10 business days.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

You think you can play with people livelihood? That's not customer service. You should be ashame of yourselves. You hold people money for months. Not giving a damn if they are evicted, hungry, or without a car. You fix your mouth to say just about anything to get through the day. Which is why I fix my mouth to give it right back. If I thought for one minute this company gave a damn about their customers I'd be grateful for yesterday's transaction. I would have gone to the MoneyGram with instructions and received the money But nah... I was given a 8 digit for Western Union and it was MoneyGram.

After being force to go sit at the social security admin building for 2 hours to provide that my social security number was not attached to a deceased person. After which a fanton ATM debit card mail on 9/8 was never received. And just one more thing the part about you holding $750.00 unemployment to pay my rent for more than 20 days not giving one **... to turn around and some me $125.00 late fee reimbursement through Western Union and it was MoneyGram. You owe me gas money at the least. But being disrespected repeatedly by your inadequate customer service rep and corp staff for over 30 days is cause for some compensation. I think you got my point... discuss. Get it together. Thanks. I have been a RushCard member since May 2003.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

RushCard has horrible customer service and there’s always a language barrier. I cannot understand the associate trying to help me and sometimes they can’t understand me. I usually get paid every other Thursday no later than 3:45 PM and it’s later than that and I have no direct deposit in my account. I called customer service only for them to say there’s nothing they can do and that maybe because Monday was a holiday there’s a delay. My rent is late. I told them I would pay today and my kids need to eat but they cannot help. RushCard needs better ways at handling their problems.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

So back in August my husband had broken his card. It more so looked like someone took scissors to it but worked regardless. He called RushCard customer service and they charged him for another card. We were fine with that but then a month went by. We didn't get the card, but didn't care because the card that he had was still working, so about two weeks ago my boyfriend misplaces his card and we call RushCard letting them know that the card that we initially ordered was never received. So they charged him for ANOTHER card despite the first one that was sent out was never activated or received. A week flies by and we're getting antsy because there is no food in my home, and now my electricity is closed to being turned off.

We called RushCard and asked if there was a way we could transfer the funds from my husband's card to mine, since he got paid or at the very least so we could pay our bill or at least eat, the woman stated it wasn't possible which was upsetting so we asked to speak to a manager. We waited so long on hold we eventually hung up. Then last Saturday, we called again and asked directly for a manager. we were on hold for 20 or 30 minutes and I wish I was exaggerating. we finally talk to the 'supervisor' and he clearly wasn't trying to hear what we were even telling him.

We explained we were upset about being charged for two cards and that we never received any of the cards. The man rudely kept interrupting stating it takes 5-7 business days and the card would get here on 'Tuesday' we informed him that the last card that was sent never arrived and that we were upset about that also but he only focused on the newer one they sent. He was overall very unprofessional and I tried to be polite with him but he constantly spoke over me, cut me off, and overall didn't care. He ended up hanging the phone up in my face which I have never experienced in my life.

I worked for a call center in banking and that's the first thing we were told not to do, EVER. Anyways we were annoyed but decided to wait until Tuesday (today) and guess what? NO CARD. All my other mail came in just fine but this card for some reason never shows up? And we get charged for new cards even if they're not activated, and sucky customer service, and we get to starve knowing we have the money but RushCard are thieves.

Updated on 10/10/2018 : SO Yesterday, 10/09/2018, my husband called RushCard since this would mark one week without groceries, and asked why the card wasn't received after the very questionable manager stated that it would arrive on Tuesday of 10/09/2018. The employee did the same dry apology that we've been hearing for a week and stated that the card should be in today (10/10/18), we confirmed the address and the rep stated it would definitely be in today.

Of course by now we're tired of the wait game and asked to speak to the office of the president. The man quickly dismissed this stating he had no such power so we asked for the phone number. Again he stated he could not do that either and we refused to be transferred to another incompetent manager who would just feed us more lies. But of course when I checked my mail I got a few ads, and oh look at that...NO CARD. So this will mark a week and a day without food. Thank you RushCard for starving my family. 10/10. Worst business ever to exist.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I’ve been able to put money on my RushCard and use it for paying stuff. I've been using it for about 6 months now. Reloading is easy but they should have other places to reload because I can only put money on it one time in one place.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Right now, I’m locked out of my RushCard account and can’t get in. I called them three times and I still can’t get in my account to look at my purchases. They haven't given me any suggestions. They just told me to go back in and re-enter my new password, but I got a new card and it is not even registered there. Still, with RushCard I can pay my bills and online purchases which is convenient. Aside from getting in my account, their team helped me with everything I needed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've been with Rush for five years and with them, there's no carrying cash and no high monthly fees for the card. Using it is very convenient and simple. Also, their team members' knowledge and professionalism are very high.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have always loved RushCard since a teen and when I was old enough I got my own and I have not been let down yet. I just wish the fees were lower to use. But overall I would recommend to all.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

In 2014, a friend of mine mentioned that she knows somebody who had RushCard. It says I can get my funds up to two days early and I had something due that was between that time, so RushCard helped me out. I’m on disability and when I get my check, it’s nearly gone. I learned not to spend and I like that I can lock my card and not lock it. I've used the card for so long and I didn’t get charged. All of a sudden, I started getting charged and when I used my card, I noticed a bank inquiry, which I’ve never done. I called them about that and they said I can use the ATMs at CVS, so that I wouldn’t get charged but I’m still getting charged.

Now, when I use an ATM anywhere, I get charged for it. I looked up which ones they don’t charge in, and it said Walgreens or CVS. I know I can add money at those places, so I don’t understand getting charged the ATM fee. RushCard was supposed to investigate and go over my account but I’ve not heard any more from them about it and I haven't seen the money being put back. Overall though, I enjoy RushCard and I’m very satisfied. I use their mobile app to pay my bills and it’s very convenient.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I was given a respectful consideration from the agent to settle the dispute that I was having about a refund from a company. It was handled and I did receive the refund. The agent was very knowledgeable about the problem that I was having. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have never been treated so badly for filing a dispute. The representatives were very condescending and were not trying to help. My utility was eventually cut off due to this unresolved issue. I have been with RushCard for over 10 years and never received treatment like this before.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

All I can say is that RushCard is awesome and I would recommend them to any and everyone because they are a good company and they truly do two days early deposit. And I been with them 8 years and never had a problem with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Replacement card was never received. It was 13 business days and still haven’t received it. Called to see if I could get a card expedited RushCard said they will be charging me 30 dollars but they had already mailed the card out. I no longer want to be a customer.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Although I had a hard time contacting a representative at Rush Card when I finally got someone I explained my situation and it was resolved in the timeframe they said it would be. I'm thankful for having a Rush Card and I will continue to keep it. Thanks again for your help.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I "love" my Rush Card! I love getting my pay 2 days earlier than I normally would with another bank. I love the online "chat" that is also available, for questions/issues that I may be having. They are available 24/7 to help when you need help. Thanks Russell Simmons for creating the Rush Card!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I lost my card on August 27th. 666.71 in unauthorized transactions were completed. I filed a dispute and RushCard denied my dispute and said there were no errors that occurred. I’m highly upset and receiving legal counsel and will be taking this matter to the news because that is money I worked for and had to pay bills with. RushCard does not care about its customers nor their financial situations. My money is lost and they did nothing about it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have been using GreenDot for a few years now and just recently switched over to RushCard. So far RushCard has been much more useful and helpful than GreenDot. Direct deposit is super easy (and I get paid 2 days early), getting cash back is super simple, RushGoals have helped me start saving money, and the monthly fee is less than other cards. The customer service is wonderful and they actually helped me with an issue quickly and the customer service representative was really nice and friendly (unlike any other customer service). I love this card and will recommend it others.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am disappointed about the time frame that my direct deposit is available on my account. I used to get it a lot earlier than mid morning. I have always been able to count on the early load but not lately.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I use RushCard for Amazon all the time as well as for my bills and everything else. I wanted to start putting half of my disability money on one card and half on another, so I got a second RushCard. That way, I can pay my bills and still have a bit of savings. If I have any to save, I can already have it in the second card. For some reason, I was sent a check on my disability this month and I tried to get it deposited so that I could pay bills on the 1st. I didn’t get to do that and I wasn't pleased. The feature where I can take a picture of the check and deposit it doesn't work and Ingo doesn’t have anybody to talk to. If you can’t talk to a person at any time while you’re trying to deposit over $1000, that’s not a good deal.

I told RushCard Ingo doesn’t work and they shouldn’t use them. The manager got on the phone, apologized, and said they don’t have it set up right yet, but they will. The manager cared enough to talk to me about it and I was pleased. RushCard is great. They're always offering some classes and I would like to get into that, but I don’t have a lot of time to get into it and I haven’t done it yet.

Last night, my Credit One credit card wouldn’t let me take the money out of my RushCard to pay my bill because I paid it twice. I had extra money and thought I might as well put it on my credit card. I thought they wanted to put two small deposits on it and I got upset at the credit card company. I didn’t understand what was going on and I had to call RushCard so many times the day before yesterday. Their reps work with me on anything. Even if I am gripey, they work with me no matter what and that’s why I like them. Some people will just hang up on you, and they don’t. I can’t understand what some of them are saying and that gets a little irritating, but they work very hard to please. When I get upset about my money, I'm hard to deal with and the reps are very good and sweet.

I’ve recommended several people to RushCard, but there are a lot of people who don’t know anything about it. They’re leery and I try to tell them that RushCard is very good to work with. I’m also always telling them they need to get RushCard because they really help you out and when you go to an ATM, you can withdraw more than $300. They don’t bother your money and you get to use your money how you want to. If I get a friend to get a RushCard, I can get 30 bucks. They’re a very good card.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I was told that RushCard's maintenance fees weren't gonna be as large as other debit card providers and that with them, I would get my check a day or two before payday. So, I went with them. As soon as I put the direct deposit in, it took me a week and a half and the money finally went through. I just let the money sit there in the card and that is managing money well. I’m also saving more. I use my card to pay bills or make online purchases and that has been convenient. Plus, everything is coming on the exact day.

One time, when I used my card for the gas tank, it said that it couldn’t accept debit so it told me to click credit. I clicked credit and it was saying that I withdrew $150 for this gas pump. So, I called Rushcard's customer service and their rep told me that it was because there was a credit and it was the weekend. Then he sent me an email telling me everything went back through the next business day and it did. I've told others to apply with RushCard and I’ve got a couple of friends who did it already.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I've been using RushCard for a month now and I've used it for car payments. I use the direct deposit option, which was very easy to set up, and I get my benefits a little bit earlier. That way, I'm not late on my bills. Also, with RushCard, I don't have to worry about late and hidden fees. You know what they're gonna put. I had a different card and I didn't like the fees on it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have been with RushCard for 5 years. I have had maybe two incidents. However today had beyond pissed me off and I will be filing a complaint with the FCC. To sum it up I called to dispute a charge and ask specifically should I continue with RushCard or try to contact merchant because I want the quickest process. The rep told me I have to wait until the transactions posted and then mumbled other words that I didn’t understand at all. So after asking to explain process further and not understanding the rep I asked to speak with a supervisor. She placed me on hold and after almost 30 mins I got a sup. I was on the phone with the sup 12 mins and was actively looking at my account and my card was active and fine.

As I was speaking to sup I was going to get gas went to verify balance and BAM my card is paused. Which if was for security would be fine. However when I asked did he pause the cards he said no and my card wasn’t paused but then went back and said the card was paused by prev rep after I wasn’t speaking to her for 12 mins. I asked was ok for her to go back in my account if I wasn’t speaking to her and should she still be given access to account she should have closed out of her. Started to mumble terms and conditions that I made him read with me and he started to apologize and transferred me to an account manager who at the end of the day couldn’t give me immediate access to my money because what a rep that should have not been in my account anymore did after I had ended the call with her. I’m over it and as soon as I get my money I’ll be closing my account and still perusing my complaints because this is not proper procedure.

RushCard response

Hi there. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I use RushCard for everything and I started with it in 2009. I do direct deposits through my job and I get paid two days faster than everybody else. Sometimes, when you’re a single mom, week to week, payday to payday, you can’t make it. So, I do have that cushion with them to get my paychecks sooner. You also can't overdraft, which is perfect. Then, sometimes, at the beginning of the year, they waive your fee for two or three months -- it depends. My first card was black and gold and it has M's on it, and I liked it. While credit cards are sideways, RushCard's are up and down so even if somebody tries to get your credit card numbers, they couldn’t because the cards were not the same.

I have one inconvenience with RushCard, however. I recently don’t have insurance protection so I have transportation issues. If I wanted to get an overall lift, I won’t be able to do it with RushCard. You have to have a credit or debit card. That kind of sucks because all of my money goes on that card. Then, if I have to deal with customer service, it’s all bad. It doesn't matter what time of day or night you call, you'll never get anyone who speaks English. I hate to have to dispute something. That’s why I downloaded the app on my phone. If I get an alert of my balance, it sends me a text.

I also hate the ATM fees. If you load this card, sometimes you pay $3.00, sometimes it's $3.95, and something it's up to $5.95. I've been using RushCard for over 10 years, why am I still paying to load the card? If nobody else showed them loyalty, I have. Sometimes there's conflict when you get paid on the 28th and they take out $5.95 on the first and you’re like, “Damn it.” But it’s a benefit. There are a few pluses and minuses. If you take the good with the bad, you’ll be alright. Get a RushCard. It's really convenient. All my friends have it and they got their referral from me.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

RushCard stole money from me and giving me a hassle. I returned an item and swiped my card. Instead of receiving my funds back, RushCard took the same amount out. Then removed the transaction from my phone but I have screenshots lol. I asked to talk to manager and they gave me the runaround for a week. I liked getting paid 2 days early until my hard working money is stolen.

RushCard response

Hi Ron. We understand your concern. Please send us a private message so we can further assist you. Thank you.

RushCard expert review by Barbara Friedberg

RushCard is a prepaid Visa card that lets consumers load their own money onto the card. The card can then be used for purchases similar to the way a debit card is used.  It allows consumers to pay bills, set up recurring payments, transfer money and perform other banking services. RushCard offers FDIC-insured Visa prepaid cards. This is important because not all prepaid cards are FDIC-insured. Note that prepaid cards do not help you build credit even though you’ll see a Visa logo on the RushCard. Visa is the payment processor for the card.

• Set up alerts: Set up text or email alerts to stay aware of your balance and recent transactions.

• Mobile App: Use the mobile app to check your balance, view transactions and transfer money. There is no charge for the app, and it’s available for download in the iPhone App Store, Google Play or the Amazon store.

• Convenience: RushCard has over 23,000 Fee-Free MoneyPass ATMs for consumers to withdraw money quickly and easily. Note there could be a fee, depending on the plan you choose.

• One-time card fee: This fee ranges from $3.95 to $9.95, depending on the card design you choose.

• Plan options: RushCard offers two plan options. The first is the Rush Unlimited Fee Plan, which has a monthly fee ($5.95 if you use direct deposit; $7.95 if you don’t). If you choose this plan, you don’t pay fees on signature and PIN transactions. The second is a Pay As You Go Plan, which does not charge a monthly fee but rather charges one dollar each for signature and PIN transaction. With either plan there are other fees to consider, so read the Fee Chart that RushCard has provided on their website.

• Zero debt: Consumers use the card as a cash card, so it doesn't allow debt to add up.

• Best for: Those who can’t get a traditional bank account but need a way to make purchases and pay their bills.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg