Find a Prepaid Cards partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About RushCard

RushCard gives users more financial control by only letting them spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard. You can use RushCard for long-term savings or day-to-day purchases and deposits. The direct deposit program lets cardholders with qualifying deposits receive funds up to two days early. Select from two different plan options.

Pros

• RushGoals saving feature
  • User-friendly mobile app
  • Early paychecks with direct deposit

Cons

• Higher fees than some competitors

Bottom Line

RushCard is an alternative to bank debit cards and credit cards with an app to manage transactions. It has higher fees than some competitors but can be worth the investment to save money and time in the long run.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

RushCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: July 19, 2020

I need information and there are no live agents. This is unsettling. How can anyone get help and there are no live agents? I wanna find out about my direct deposit. You are suppose to have 24 hr customer service. What happened with that?

Original review: July 16, 2020

Let me begin with saying, please do NOT open an account with this company. They have been giving my sister and I AND the STATE of CT the run around. I have my checks deposited into my sister's account because I currently don’t have one. It’s been like that for several years. While I was on vacation RUSHCARD decided to suspend/close the account. They won’t mail my sister the check with the funds that were in the acct.

They stated that the STATE of CT closed it and has to authorize the release of funds. Get this... the STATE kindly called them and told them they DID NOT close the account and have no authorization to do so. Rush card does not care and won’t release the funds. THEY ARE A SCAM!!! I have a substantial savings to use to buy a home and look at this now. You should not have to fight for your money people. I may have to look into suing them. This is insane. They should be banned from ever doing business again. This needs to stop.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Hello I've been with Rush for bout 10 years, at first if I had direct deposit. I had no fees. Now for the past few years I paying monthly fees. Also since March I had 2 fraudulent transactions through Microsoft that pulled almost a 100 out my acct. 2 weeks later rush credit my money back. At the end of march I had money transferred to my account. Went to swipe my card transactions. Declined. Called rush 1800 # to find out they reversed payment back to Microsoft. I filed a letter in April and here it is July no response or my money back. I'm disgusted and will not continue my account with rush. Horrible service. I lost 95 dollars of my hard earned $$$$...

Original review: July 12, 2020

This is the worst bank anyone can ever go to. I think it is absolutely absurd you are not able to speak to a live representative regarding YOUR MONEY. They want you to send a email and wait 24 hours for a response when the matter is very urgent. The live chat always time out before you get any answers or information to your questions. I received a loan from the SBA and they are refusing to deposit it because they want documentation that the SBA doesn’t provide, so my business in going to take a big hit. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I have been using RushCard for almost 10 years. Out of nowhere they have recently closed my account with no explanation. I have over $3K in my account and was told that they would be sending me a check in 5-7 business days. It's been over 3 weeks and nothing. During a time like now, I need those funds as it was my direct deposits and savings, etc. I call a rep and they read from a script and do not help me. I want to cut my ties with this God awful company and get my money back. I see others have experienced this as well so I have hired a lawyer to get involved. This is crazy and you are really taking advantage of innocent and hard working people!

Original review: July 8, 2020

I received a deposit of 877.00 from my job. They only put 777 in my account and it does not state where my money magically disappeared to. I’ve emailed and called. I can’t get anyone on the phone. I need my money now. The pandemic is already hard and now I can’t even get my funds. What’s going on? I need answers now. I’ve been a customer since 2011 and I’m thinking about closing my account.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I went to take money out of account at an ATM early in the morning and received a message I've never seen. That I've exceeded my daily limit and I need to choose a smaller amount. This has happened 3 days in a row. No cash. I tried a different atm to be sure it wasn't an atm problem, same message. I called customer service which ONLY handles transaction disputes now. There is not a human to speak with! I was told to use chat on the website. I tried that and after a few tries was told I need to email. Soooo.... I send an email and the response was to send me an automated email that states policy. I received a few automated responses that told me, no human had read or addressed my particular problem. I've been a customer for a few years now, but this is just unacceptable. I have direct deposit from 3 different jobs on my RushCard. I'm very frustrated and will no longer be a customer after this lack of customer service.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I’ve been with RushCard since 2012. I’ve never had a problem until now. My credit card expires tomorrow at 11:59 PM. I have yet to receive a replacement card which I was told I would receive within two weeks of my card expiring. When I was finally able to trick the bot to call me I was on the phone for an hour and 32 minutes and 34 seconds to be hung up on after I started inquiring about my monthly fees.

I’m only supposed to be charged up to $10 per month and just last month I was charged $24 and every time I try and speak to someone in regards to this matter I get hung up on. Not to mention that I was going to be charged five dollars to get my renewal card. As I stated before I have been with RushCard for eight years now. Never had a problem but now I do. To me it is y’all are stealing from your customers and once y’all are called out on it you don’t wanna deal with it and you disconnect from people. You can’t speak to nobody and when you do speak to somebody if it’s not about they what you said the call was for they hang up on you.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I been with RushCard since 2013, never had a bad experience to the other day. My account was closed without any notice. They won’t give me no information, only that it was corporate request. I had money in my account and they refuse to give it to me. Anytime I get through to someone don’t nobody have no answers. All I want is my money and some answers. It look like I got to get a lawyer to get my money. Just sad.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I have been with Rushcard since 2011 and I have never been treated like this, I had multiple transactions I didnt do and card was not stolen or lost it was still in my possession and I called to dispute them, they issued out new card and but never paused my current card and I ended up with 18 total transactions due to that, and now its been 3wks and I have yet to receive a card and I have nearly 3000 on my current card thats blocked and they wont let me speak with anyone about it they just send you to a chat thats kicks you out when you write something or they tell you to wait 1 to 2 business days for a rep to get back with you.

At this point I'm broke and my job dd is with them, I have changed it but it wont take affect for weeks so I'm broke until I my new dd takes place or rushcard decides to give me my money. But I most definitely will be filing a lawsuit against them for withholding funds and basically stealing. Do not I repeat do not apply for a Rushcard, and if you have one already I advise you get your funds off it throw it way, before this happens to you.

RushCard response

Hello Jacinta, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone review your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

RushCard Company Information