Call toll free
2.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our mission is to provide our members with products and services that enable them to achieve financial goals. We give our members more control by allowing them to only spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard.

RushCard is a tool that you can use for both day-to-day purchases and deposits or long-term saving. Our Direct Deposit program allows members with qualifying deposits to receive their funds up to two days early. You can choose from two different plan options and seven card options.

Views and opinions expressed are those of the reviewers and do not necessarily reflect those of RushCard or MetaBank.

RushCard Gallery (4)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

RushCard Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

RushCard seemed like the easiest, and there are no fees and no overdraft. It is convenient. I receive my paycheck two days earlier. With RushCard, I could go online and look at the history. And then as soon as my card is used, I’d get a text message and that's quite convenient, too. I've been with RushCard since 2007. But now, it seems like they have more fees. It’s way different from how it used to be. Every time you use the card, they charge you for it. If I use my card 10 times in one day, they charged me $1 each time. I didn’t even know that it was going on. My first sister has less card fees and she told me about it. I was wondering how my money was going a little faster than usual and that was kinda why, so I started trying to use it less as possible or if I just take money out at the ATM versus just swiping the card because every time you swipe, you get charged for it.

Hello Katy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I lost my debit card and was locked out of my account. I had the most difficult time getting the help I needed in a timely manner. The process was inconvenient and time consuming, their process is so outdated. Their system is not customer friendly at all. I will not be using this card in the future nor would I recommend anyone else to use it.

Hello Latoy,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had trouble with your card. We'd like to have a customer support specialist look into this further. We’ll be reaching out to you soon through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I’ve been a customer for 7 years. I’ve had direct deposit. Also recommended family members to sign up with RushCard but this is the worst card company I’ve ever had. I would recommend Netspend before RushCard. I’ve had money taking off my card from a company called Mobikwik and when I called RushCard I wasn’t able to talk to anyone and I’ve kept trying and when I finally talked to someone the representative didn’t know what I was talking about. They didn’t have any information on how I can get in touch with the company that took my money me. I’ve try to file a dispute but it no help. All I want is my money that I didn’t authorize to be withdrawn from my account. Me and my family will never use RushCard again. I will be filing charges and getting a petition started because this is ridiculous.

Hello Washeka,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I've been with RushCard since 2009 and the past 2 years have been hell!!! My deposits have been a day late since last year. I've had 2 different jobs direct deposit my check and they both have been late. I work closely with payroll so I know for a fact when payroll is sent but RushCard keeps telling me my deposits aren't in even though other employees in the same company never have these problems and receive their checks on time. I've called every week since Nov last year and still no resolve. I'm a single father who lives paycheck to paycheck. They don't know or care about their clients even though they get paid on time.

Their get paid 2 days early is joke. I've had a day or 2 late. This is really a problem for me and has been affecting my life as a whole due to late payments since I use this card for all my bills. I even have a history showing when my deposits have been posted on the correct days and they won't even acknowledge the fact and own up to their mistake. All I keep getting is "I don't know". How do they not know if they're the account holder. I'm at a loss a heavy loss. Car insurance isn't paid and I know I will have a $143 addition to my bill. Why? 'Cause RushCard is holding our money.

I'm inches away from bringing legal action against this company especially for the life stress they caused in the past 2 years and it's not like a person can switch to a different card system. They all are owned by RushCard or 1 of its affiliates. Yes I am a extremely livid customer. They did right last week but messed up again this week putting me in a hole and no they won't pay the fees. We have to pay for their mess up. Extremely disappointed. Extremely unhappy with this service.

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your direct deposit. We'd like to have someone look into your account. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I been with RushCard since 2007 and never had a problem until now. I disputed a transaction, sent proof that it was not my transaction and they would not refund my money. But don’t have to worry about me no more. I switched companies. I won’t ever deal with them again.

Hello Denise,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to speak with you concerning your account. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

RushCard

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Resolution response: Oct. 19, 2019

I received a private message from RushCard and I am very satisfied with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

First, I want to say that I’ve been with RushCard 2003 off and on. I’ve really had no issues with the card, but I feel like it’s a little disingenuous for them to always thank you for being a customer since 2003 but when you ask for a fee to be waived, you automatically are told no. Case in point: I recently moved and in looking online for ATMs near me, I saw that the ATM in the gas station close to my home was in network. I made 5 transactions and was charged $3.00 each transaction. I called RushCard and asked for a waiver for a few of those fees just because I didn’t know that those atms were out of network. Was told no. So that’s $15 in fees, on top of my $5.95 monthly fee in one month.

While I definitely understand the reasons for the denial, I also again, find it disingenuous to thank someone for being a member for 16 years and can’t accommodate a request that was never made previously. While I still plan on using RushCard from time to time, I am definitely exploring other options. I do like the convenience of getting my paycheck a few days early, but I don’t feel appreciated. It’s obvious that this company is in the business of making money only.

Hi Pamela,

RushCard

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I've had RushCard for over five years and it's very convenient for me to use in paying bills or purchasing online. I also like the fact that I could get my direct deposit two days earlier. Let's say, we get paid on Friday, but my paycheck is deposited, so it's there by Wednesday.

Hello Thelma,

Great feedback! Glad you are enjoying all the great features RushCard has to offer. We work hard to make accessing your money as quick & simple as possible. Thank you for being our valued customer! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come.

Have an Awesome Day!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Yes I have been a customer of RushCard for almost four years and I've never had this many problems about had the last six months. They took a hundred and something out of my card and did not replace it. Would not replace it. I cannot get into my online account that will not read do my password or any of that. They constantly taking more money off each month when they say they're going to wait for the fact that I get direct deposit and they don't each month. I'm getting 30 $40 taken off of my card and that's not cool. All I know is this company is terrible and you people need to get your stuff together because somebody's going to get extra pissed off and it's not going to be a good

Good morning Edwina,

We look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks,

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I disputed a charge that was made on someone else’s account. The charge was unauthorized by me. I notified RushCard, and they began the dispute process. During the dispute process, RushCard cancelled the payment, and did not return my funds, and denied my dispute. After notifying RushCard of this, they said there was nothing that they could do and it was closed. After contacting the merchant a third time, they confirmed that there was a chargeback to RushCard. Bottom line, RushCard took the money from that particular merchant and did not return it back to me. I have been a customer since 2007. K

Hello Steven,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I’m baffled that I have to send in information in order to release a deposit that is in my name. Rush told me I need to send in a fax of my social security card, my license, and a letter from the company that sent the deposit. I’ve been calling since yesterday and each time a new representative gives me different information. The first girl gave me the wrong fax number and said send my ID and the letter. The second girl gave me a new fax number and the third girl said send in your social security card as well. I just don’t know anymore and I will be closing the account afterwards. They like to thank you for being a customer since 2013, I can thank you for showing me I need to leave this company alone. Thank you!!

Hello Jay,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss your concerns. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

RushCard Company Information