Find a Prepaid Cards partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About RushCard

RushCard gives users more financial control by only letting them spend what they load onto their prepaid Visa RushCard. You can use RushCard for long-term savings or day-to-day purchases and deposits. The direct deposit program lets cardholders with qualifying deposits receive funds up to two days early. Select from two different plan options.

Pros

• RushGoals saving feature
  • User-friendly mobile app
  • Early paychecks with direct deposit

Cons

• Higher fees than some competitors

Bottom Line

RushCard is an alternative to bank debit cards and credit cards with an app to manage transactions. It has higher fees than some competitors but can be worth the investment to save money and time in the long run.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

RushCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RushCard?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have been with RushCard for over ten years just because of the offered two day early check option. I recently noticed I had 4 unrecognized transactions on my account. Contact RushCard and I am charged $30 for a new card to be delivered and I can’t access any of my money on top of the dispute. Has to be completed through a form and submitted before I can get compensated any kind of refund.. Sad thing about all of this is that I have my card on hand and these were all debit transactions except for a gas station purchase. Again this is no fault of my own but I’m now in the hole $130 and can’t access any money on my card and my rent is due and my phone bill. I’m very upset now. Don’t recommend this company. The customer service sucks. I couldn’t even dispute the pending charges on my account. Definitely not for the customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I had a ssi deposit made Aug 31st in the amount of 824 dollars. My available balance should have been 824. Instead it was only 663. You can't overdraft this card and there is no transaction listed with other transaction I made so where's my 160 dollars? They won't let you dispute. Rush Card claiming they are not a merchant. I don't know how to post a screenshot of this transaction to prove they steal from people.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

Don't trust RushCard. They left me stranded in a foreign country without access to my funds and it never stated on the policy terms you can't use international. People that experience this need to sue Rushcard.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Love the card. Tells me what I done. Any tranyi ever made I can always go back to it and I get my money early. I don't like to carry money so it's very convenient for me to just swipe which is what I love and it helps me save money.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Rushcard blocked and “closed” my account for review. I was told to call back in 1-2 business days and it will be resolved. This was 7 days ago. They are holding $1400. I have rent due in a row pandemic.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had my SSA BENEFITS deposit on my card in the amount of $983.0. Now it a $162.00 missing from my account because of a negative balance that I no knowledge until today. Why was I not notified about this?

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had my direct deposit on this card. Without notice I found out my account had been closed. Tried contacting for three days to get in touch with someone. Got sorry for the inconveniences and had to wait a week for my paycheck. Not able to talk to anyone or was given a reason why.

Original review: July 22, 2020

On Monday the 20 I notice my direct deposit didn't show. I was told due to a glitch my account got blocked and closed. Now I'm missing my whole deposit over 2 grand. I hope Ohio financial institutions fix this, since RUSH CARD customer service sucks, you can only talk to a live person when you lose your card but if you have issues with your card no live person available you chat with and outside source from a different country representing Rush Card services online. I was also told it would take one to two days to fix the problem. The problem is still not fix, after I did more research on Google and YouTube.

This has been an ongoing issue with this company and they were fined for it, the part that I don't get they're still doing it, now I'm seriously thinking about getting a lawyer and taking this company to court also getting the media involved. Green Dot the owners of the company you should be ashamed. You're to blame too. I spoke with Ohio financial institutions regarding this matter. I was told Green Dot was going to call me in 24 hours. Didn't happened, now since my account Is closed I have no way paying my bills or feeding my kids. I see why people go postal but I'm going to let federal court handle it.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I need information and there are no live agents. This is unsettling. How can anyone get help and there are no live agents? I wanna find out about my direct deposit. You are suppose to have 24 hr customer service. What happened with that?

Original review: July 16, 2020

Let me begin with saying, please do NOT open an account with this company. They have been giving my sister and I AND the STATE of CT the run around. I have my checks deposited into my sister's account because I currently don’t have one. It’s been like that for several years. While I was on vacation RUSHCARD decided to suspend/close the account. They won’t mail my sister the check with the funds that were in the acct.

They stated that the STATE of CT closed it and has to authorize the release of funds. Get this... the STATE kindly called them and told them they DID NOT close the account and have no authorization to do so. Rush card does not care and won’t release the funds. THEY ARE A SCAM!!! I have a substantial savings to use to buy a home and look at this now. You should not have to fight for your money people. I may have to look into suing them. This is insane. They should be banned from ever doing business again. This needs to stop.

RushCard Company Information