2. Finance

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had a Premier bank card and I received temporary Custody of my 3 grandchildren. I lost my job and Premier bank card calls my phone number at least 12 to 15 times everyday. I have it recorded. They do not care if they call 12 o'clock at night, they call 8 o'clock in the morning. I've tried to talk to them, make some type of payment arrangements even if it's $25 a month. They do not care. Sometimes they call in they just sit on the phone. They don't say anything. They just sit there in silence. I have blocked them but they still call and I see where they're calling. Is very irritating. I am 54 years old trying to raise these children. Have reached out for help with a section 8 and stamps and I have these 3 babies and Premier bank card will not leave me alone.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Suspended and Closed Account with On-Time Payments. Opened this account in 10/2017. I was rebuilding my credit after a divorce, so I didn't mind the fees, deposit, etc. My credit score went up and I received a notice from the company that I could open a second card. I was still rebuilding my credit, so I did it. I have had the same issues as others: taking too long to post payments, declined and having to verify my identity, paying exorbitant fees, and payments showing they were made but my available credit never changing.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get an electronic letter for both of my accounts stating they were SUSPENDED for a returned payment on both accounts...for a single returned payment 2 months ago that I corrected immediately since it was just a simple human error while typing in the payment date. I sent an electronic inquiry requesting that my accounts be taken off of suspension because they are current and have never been reported negatively the whole time I've had them. This morning, I get two more electronic letters stating that my accounts have been closed but will continue to charge monthly fees and interest until I pay off the accounts.

I had eventually wanted to transfer my balances to a more reputable card now that my credit score has gone up, but I'm afraid these bogus account closures will affect that credit score making it nearly impossible to get a balance transfer from my bank (or a better card). Indeed, this company is predatory. I understand why people use them. I had to rebuild like many other people, and unfortunately they trap you. If you're with them now, pay your balance down. Get another card from somewhere else and then close your account.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My credit card was stolen by them and then they charged my real card. Their customer service is horrible and they are dishonest. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had to cancel my real card in order to claim the fraud they committed.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I opened an account with First Premier to help with my credit. I should have known something was wrong when they sent the card before I could fund it. My problem came when I got the first bill and I decided to pay the bill in full. For some reason I still don't understand my card was suspended for some bs reason. After getting non working fax numbers to verify who I am I closed this account today. The customer service is not helpful. Please do your research before dealing with this company.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I have been with them for 16 months. Always paid my payments on time. I used my debit card to pay every payment. Their operator stated they are changing their policies and forcing card suspensions because they are concerned about risky people making payments during the virus concern. They ask for my bank information. I refused to provide it. They then cancelled my use of my debit card to pay them off and would only accept my bank account. I closed my account but I warn everyone to be very careful with this company.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have been a Premier Bankcard holder for quite some years now. I've always been able to get access to my credit card accounts and pay the bills via their credit card Apps. However, now they have changed their app and it will not open, keeps crashing. I called customer service for help and to make my payment over the phone since their app wouldn't work. WOW, REALLY! They said there would be a fee/charge to make my payments!! Again, WOW, REALLY! They won't fix their broken app and they want to charge me to pay my bill. This company has lost their ever loven minds!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Premier Bank Card the company is a total scam, they get you coming and going with the charges. You put a deposit down for the card, but that does not count, in the end you owe them 2 times more. Please, please, please, do not get the Premier Bank Card, I feel I am dealing with the mafia/Cosa nostra, watch out!!!.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I got this card back in early 2019, Despite the high yearly and monthly fees and the low $300 limit I was trying to rebuild my credit. After some months of on time payments I defaulted on the card due to an injury and I lost my job. Fast forward to 9 months later I paid the entire balance off in full and asked them to kindly remove it from my credit report. fast forward again to 3 months after that. I give them another shot to try and expand my credit file. One payment got returned and I didn't know about it till I'm getting late fees and calls everyday. Come to find out they closed that account and my first account which was supposed to be removed on my credit report shows up on it again costing my over 100 points on my credit report.

I paid the second card off and asked them to kindly remove both card records from my file as I know have a successful business but having a difficult time due to the COVID-10 pandemic, and because of that we are trying to get a loan to help us get through this difficult times. A loan so I can continue to give my workers paid time off as to prevent the spread of the virus. The gentleman I spoke to said they will never take it off my credit report, either one of them and that my business is not their problem. That the cards account closed before the virus so how does it pertain to now. I explained to him it would improve my chances of getting a loan and/or give us a favorable APR on the loan. He does not care and was not willing to do anything.

Moral of this story is that this company doesn't care about you, the consumer, what they care about is all the fees and money they make off Americans who are struggling to rebuild credit. Whether it be poor decisions from the past, job lay off, or perhaps an injury the damaged your credit, people do change and it is difficult for people to repair their credit especially with companies like First Premier Bankcard that prey on people who are already struggling. Then when we need help the most in the face of a pandemic and people are dying every day, they won't even alter their policies that could help thousands of Americans get loans or better rates to help get through these difficult times. We have all made sacrifices. I discourage anyone from getting a card from them and encourage anyone with one to pay it off and close your accounts right away. It will only hurt you to remain with them as they get richer.

Original review: March 18, 2020

This credit card company is absolutely horrible!!! HORRIBLE!!! They charged me a $95 annual fee before I could even open my account so I pay the fee then they give me a $300 credit limit. I only used the card for gas and food then I owed them $89. I paid the $89 dollars to them and go to use my card for gas again thinking I had money left on it cause I know I didn’t use my whole credit limit and then the card gets declined and I’m confused at this point. I call and ask them why and they don’t give me a answer. All they tell me is it’s something to do with my bank and I call my bank and they tell me my payments are going through and that I need to call the credit card company.

I then check the app and they took a $75 out for ANOTHER ANNUAL FEE!!!! When I already PAID $95 FOR THAT ANNUAL FEE!! Then I get a notification on my phone from Credit Karma that my CARD HAS BEEN CLOSED!!!! How has it been closed when I’ve made all my payments on time and haven’t used my full balance, I call customer service and get to speak with a lady and she tells me that my bank has been sending back the payments but yet my bank statements show that the money has been getting taken out and been getting sent to First Premier, I tell them that and they said it’s fraud like how was it fraud when I own the card and the payments have been getting taken out of my account for 2 months now!!!!

I ask to speak with a manager and she transferred me to her supervisor the supervisor doesn’t let me talk and tells me that the $95 was sent back to me and I never received it in my account cause they took the money already and then proceeds to tell me that they took $75 out toward another annual fee and then tells me that my account was closed cause I haven’t been making payments when I obviously have been cause the money is missing from my account. She was very rude and didn’t let me talk at all!

I tell her that they have been stealing money from me cause I have my bank statements and every payment went through to them and she then yells at me and says, "YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR BANK AND TALK TO THEM!!!" I then say “okay so my account is closed and I owe you nothing” and she says “correct” so I said “okay then I’m done using you guys” and hang up. This bank is lying and dishonest with their customers and steal money from you. I would never recommend this bank to anyone!!! DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING. THEY HAVE HIDDEN FEES AND ARE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!!!

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had applied for this card not knowing there was a fee because they don’t tell you until after they “approve” your application. I never paid anything for it because I lost interest after learning that I have to pay a program fee. Long story short I just received a bill for $416.72 from a third party collecting company for something I never activated. Don’t bother with this company.

Premier Bankcard Company Information