2. Finance

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Carrying a balance on this card can get you into financial trouble quickly. While most credit cards for bad credit from major card issuers have comparatively high APRs, none of them come close to the First Premier Bank Credit Card's APR of 36% for purchases and cash advances. (For cash advances, you’ll pay the 5% transaction fee noted above and the 36% APR.) In addition, you will have a processing fee and a monthly service fee (they will add after you accept their credit). They will offer you a second card and it's all a gimmick to beat you on two accounts instead of one. Please use a secured card in order to begin rebuilding your credit or search for another credit card. This company is the worst!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

After 5 years a get a email saying that it’s suspicious activity on my account and when I call to confirm! They ask for a 1099 and a tax return! Since when isn’t ID and a copy of your SS card isn’t good?

Original review: July 16, 2020

I applied for a Premier Bank card, it arrived in the mail just about a month ago. I put it in my drawer, haven’t activated it and certainly haven’t used it, not for one single thing. I just got a payment due for $30. I don’t get this at all. I have called customer service numerous times and I have never talked to anyone live. It’s all a recording and the options are nothing to do with mine question. I am going to cancel and forget about these scammers.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Inaccurate rating: no option for NO STARS. Lack the true meaning of customer service, no ethics nor morals. I have been a faithful customer for over 2 years and due to them processing a payment in the morning and generating a statement at night the customer is penalized, mind you same-day processing. "Why, under a national pandemic of COVID-19 would customers that are strapped on funding make an extra payment?" Well this happened to me, they posted my payment then processed my bill all in the same day. Now they are charging me as if I never made a payment.

I was told multiple times, "I'm sorry you didn't make a June payment, you made 2 May payments." I personally will never recommend anyone to get involved with a company that does not treat their customers as valued assets. News flash we pay you (First premier) with interest on what we borrow and often times we borrow when we have no choice but to do so. 5 phone calls with 10 min. wait times before a representative answers and still no account correction, how's that for valuing customers.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have had this card for about 6 months and do love it for the fact that they gave me a chance with a bad credit score. Just like any low score card the fees exist and interest is high but I always pay down my balances quickly so it doesn't bother me too much and it's a small price to pay to rebuild credit which is truly needed. My only real complaint with these guys is that in order to get credit increases you have to pay 25% of the increase.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I applied and received Premier Credit Card in January 2020. Had a rough start at first but got on track. I started making more than minimum payments before due date and my available credit remained at $0. Today I called to inquire about it and was told that my account had been closed due to overdue.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I was with First Premier Bank card for 10+ years. I originally got this credit card to build my credit. Never had any issues with this company. I recently changed banks and canceled my auto-pay for the old bank account and signed up auto-pay on the new bank account. I printed out the confirmation when it was completed and I also received a letter from First Premier Bank confirming the signup of auto-pay. After 2 months the automatic payment was still not coming out of my bank account so I called First Premier Bank to get the time-frame of how long it generally takes to take effect. The customer service representative informed me that although I had signed up for it, there was an internal error and the auto-payment had never been set up and auto-pay was no longer available.

I asked to speak to customer retention and that representative told me the exact same thing. I asked how if I had confirmations from First Premier Bank, how could this be possible. The representative said it just so happened that the same day I re-signed up for auto-pay was the same exact day that First Premier Bank discontinued auto-pay. I asked why I was not notified of this and the representative stated a letter had been mailed. No such letter has yet to be received. The customer retention representative did absolutely nothing to assist me in any way, and then offered for me to close my account. Disgraceful. Consumer beware.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I've had this card for years and got it due to credit score issues. I've always paid at or above minimum payment and paid timely 95% of the time. Due to the pandemic I had to pay less than the required minimum. Let me tell you, this company preceded to call my phone 4 and 5 times a day without leaving a voicemail and hanging up when I answered. That's irritant number 1. Then they sent an email telling me I missed a payment.

Well, I didn't miss a payment. I just paid an amount less than what was required due to their exorbitant fees. So that's irritant number 2. Irritant number 3 is I get a mailer that basically threatens to report me as delinquent to the credit bureaus if I didn't make another payment by a certain date and time. I never got this threat even when I missed a payment in the past. I'm so done with these people. I was going to try and additional by not paying other necessities but that is definitely not going to happen. I will pay my utilities FIRST and FirstPremier Bank can cry to the bureaus all they want. This card is going in the trash.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I opened this account in March 2020. Paid $79 upfront + $8 per month for a $700 credit line. Used it often, paid more than the minimum, made extra payments, etc. But because I made ONE "PayPal CashCard" "bank draft" for one of my payments, that by the way, has a Wells Fargo routing & account number, and Premier doesn't like or have a relationship with, they rejected it and canceled my account, but did not notify me. There is NO LIST of banks they don't like, so you would have no way of avoiding this problem. I did not know they suspended me, but I saw the money that I did the bank draft for still sitting in my paypal acct, called Premier back, and used the SAME paypal account, but with its debit card to redo the payment, which brought me to a zero balance, not knowing they had cancelled me and not being told that by their by customer service either.

Basically, they profit by charging you enormous setup fees, and once they get your money, cancel you. They market themselves as a bank to help you build your credit, but truth is, they will take your money & lower your credit score. Setting up a credit card degrades your credit, but is worth it because it allows you to demonstrate your ability to borrow & pay back, but canceling your account degrades it even more, and with no time to establish a history of borrowing & paying back, you just are left worst than they found you. Bottom line is that you will pay $100 to $200, lose your credit line, and lower your credit score with First Premier Bank. I am pursuing a lawsuit because first Premier bank is a scam, taking advantage of folks trying to re establish their credit. This is exploitation.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had a Premier bank card and I received temporary Custody of my 3 grandchildren. I lost my job and Premier bank card calls my phone number at least 12 to 15 times everyday. I have it recorded. They do not care if they call 12 o'clock at night, they call 8 o'clock in the morning. I've tried to talk to them, make some type of payment arrangements even if it's $25 a month. They do not care. Sometimes they call in they just sit on the phone. They don't say anything. They just sit there in silence. I have blocked them but they still call and I see where they're calling. Is very irritating. I am 54 years old trying to raise these children. Have reached out for help with a section 8 and stamps and I have these 3 babies and Premier bank card will not leave me alone.

Premier Bankcard Company Information