Green Dot Prepaid Cards Visit Website

Green Dot Prepaid Cards
Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5
Based on 1,973 ratings submitted in the last year

Green Dot Bank = Extreme value! Founded in 1999, Green Dot Corporation is the pioneering tech company that's reinventing the banking industry to provide simple financial products for the masses. With innovations like Green Dot @ the Register and the Green Dot Reloadable Prepaid Card, we're changing the way people interact with money, and challenging conventional thinking about what a bank can be. It pays to bank with Green Dot as you’ll get 3% cash back on online and in-app purchases, your pay up to 2 days early and federal benefits up to 4 days early, no overdraft fees or bounced check fees, and free reloads at retailers nationwide. Download our Green Dot app to get started.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Green Dot Prepaid Cards Visit Website

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 18, 2019

I am grateful for the ability to use the card in all the different ways. To pay bills and to be able to use it online. I have recommended using this to others. I just wish that there weren't any fees at ATM's for cash. I try very hard not to do that. I don't want to have to pay to get my own money. Thank you.

Hello Jayne,

We attempted to contact you through the number provided by Consumer Affairs but were unable to reach you or leave a voicemail. Please contact us via Private Message at your earliest convenience so we can assist you with resolving your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you!

Green Dot Corporation

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I like this card n app. EXCEPT FOR the limit on daily withdrawals from ATM. I get my payroll check to this card. The other day I tried taking out 1400 from an ATM and it wouldn't let me. It even locked my card from use on any ATM. Very inconvenient and this made a huge problem for me because I get off late from work and had to pay my rent. This issue made me late on my rent from not being able to withdrawal. And I had to pay a late fee of $195.00. I was very upset about this and I was reading online that this app will not give you a higher ATM withdrawal limit. I want to know why. If it's money why are you making it so hard to get my money out for any use. 500 limit is not enough.

Hello Elizabeth,

We attempted to contact you through the number provided by Consumer Affairs but were unable to reach you. However, we left you a voicemail that contained our direct contact information. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we may assist you with resolving your concerns.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 20, 2019

At first I was skeptical about getting my child's survivor benefits on a pre-paid card due to security reasons and also I was nervous that it would not be eligible for loading government funds (if you receive government money, you will know how picky the state is as to what banks they will allow to access funds from them) but being that I did not want to have a checking account with paper checks I decided that it would be worth it for me to try and see if a Green Dot card would work for me and my son. If you have ever had to apply for survivors benefits for your child you know that it can most definitely be a lengthy process especially if there are other children from different relationships being as you all need to file at the same time and the first parent of a child that files starts a 90 day time clock for all other parents with children that have a common parent.

So after a lengthy six months I decided to call and find out why it is that I still had not received any payment for my son. After about an hour and a half on the phone they came to the conclusion they never sent the money be sure they had no payment processing information. I then had to re-submit the routing and account number in order for them to go ahead and release funds I was then told it could be up to another thirty days before I received the payment as they had to do verification on the account. Well lo and behold the great get ur money faster green dot delivered the very next morning. I was so thrilled that here it is two years later and I'm still using that same card and same account and have no intention on changing that any time soon.

Hello Rashel,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are so happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Regards,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 13, 2019

My previous bank decided it would be a good idea to charge me me a monthly fee after I requested the account to be closed. I had already withdrawn my cash because of a security issue so I was charged 2 NSF fees because 1 I didnt have any cash to cover the monthly fee of 15 dollars and the other because there was no cash to cover the NSF fee they charged me for after knowing I had withdrawn my cash. Long story short I was switching jobs at the time and went to apply to a local bank and they informed me that I had a delinquency flagged under my name for non payment of a NSF fee.

So I started looking into other banks that I could get a card through that would allow direct deposit, I stumbled upon Green Dot at Walmart bought the card for 3 bucks deposited a little money on it and I was good to go. Setup was a breeze and customer service had me on and off the line in no more than 10 minutes tops, The app is amazing you can pay bills with direct pay order checks and transfer cash to other accounts so long as they are Green Dot. Even better they dont charge you to transfer cash to your savings and back other banks always charged me if I did it more than 7 or 8 times a month knowing you cant plan for the unexpected you can only prepare for it, Green Dot really gets it.

Not to mention if you have a direct deposit thats of a certain amount they wave the monthly charge. Green Dot is awesome because they get me my money up to 3 sometimes 4 days early after my employer releases payment. Even tax returns are easy using them. I got my taxes about 2 weeks before any of my friends did. If you're tired of all the other banks out there please give GreenDot a chance you wont regret it.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I drive for Uber and it is really convenient to have a Green Dot card. The most beneficial thing for me is that I can cash out for my job. I could charge for it at certain times a day. I have an automatic deposit with it. For example, my money comes from my DoorDash, which automatically transfers in to my Green Dot card. It said the process would take two to three business days, but it only took a day, and there was a holiday included. So that was good for me.

I’m very, very happy with the app that I use. The app is through GoBank and it is super convenient because I can get text messages and emails that let me know my balance and transactions. I can also get all notifications about any time there is a transaction. And any time my balance falls below a certain amount, I can get a notification, which is really helpful. There’s a lot of features that I can get if I wanted to. There’s a lot of information there, and a lot of help packed in.

I can also use free ATMs, like at any pharmacy. In the app that I have for the bank I use that's affiliated with the Green Dot card, I could see the map or their list of where the ATMs are all free. I also get cash backs for certain stores and gas stations, which is really helpful. So far, in almost any gas station I’ve used my card at I get a certain percent back. But a certain gas station is giving me more percentages back. And any time I use the card at Walmart, I get a certain percent back. I would definitely recommend Green Dot to other people. It’s very user-friendly.

Hi Molly,

We're so happy to hear that you're satisfied with our app. Mission Accomplished! We do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks by offering a variety of features and simple fees. We hope that you continue to enjoy your GoBank app and all its great features.

Green Dot Corporation

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Awesome, amazing, wonderful. Everything I could ask for in app and card. This is a very helpful and useful. I honestly couldn't ask for better in a app. I use this card for everything for direct deposit to buying gas. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I love banking with you guys you make getting money and earning money easy. I have shared this with my friends and family and they enjoy as well. There are so many good things to say. How easy it is to check my balance and pending transaction and whatnot.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Very satisfied with every aspect of Green Dot. Also love the convenience of the application from the Google play store. Thank you all so much for providing a wonderful service! If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

My mom told me when I first got a job to do the Green Dot. In using this card, I have experienced getting paid early, where I receive a payment two days early the most. It is very convenient to use it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

It's the only card I need. 98% of the things I need, this card can do. Rarely carry cash. Easy process to start. And once you receive your personalized card the options available gives you peace of mind. Thank you Green Dot.

Green Dot expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Green Dot is a prepaid and reloadable debit card company that allows customers to pay rent and send out other payments. Green Dot’s products are sold at thousands of major retail locations in the U.S.

• Prepaid debit cards: The Green Dot Prepaid Visa and Load & Go Prepaid Visa cards are accepted everywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S.

• Pricing and fees: Purchase prices for Green Dot Prepaid cards start at $1.95. Monthly service fees are up to $7.95. ATM withdrawal fees are up to $3, and there is a $1 purchase fee per transaction. Cash reload fees can be up to $5.95.

• Reload options: There are many ways to add money to the Green Dot card, including direct deposit, at a retail store, check loading at Walmart, fund transfer from a bank account and fund transfer between Green Dot cards. Consumers may directly deposit paychecks, Social Security, Veterans Compensation and Pension, Supplemental Security Income and Federal Civil Service retirement annuity payments.

• Cash back rewards: The Cash Back Bank Visa Green Dot card earns 5% cash back on everyday purchases, up to $100 each year.

• Mobile app: Consumers can deposit their checks with the photo app on their phone.

• Best for: Those who tend to overdraw their accounts and those looking for multiple prepaid card options.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor