Hi Marion,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so grateful for you as our customer as well! Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do for you.

Green Dot Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Zero issues with my card. Get my money fast. Love the early payday. As far as I go I'm a fan and thank you. Couldn't be happier! I'm glad I signed up. For one it's easy to check my balance and keep track of my spending and purchases. I'd recommend Green Dot to friends and family.

I have no complaints. My service has been excellent ever since I purchased my Green Dot card. Whenever I have an issue, the customer service team is superb at solving my problem or making me understand what is going on with my funds. I could not be happier with the service. Keep up the great work!!

Have direct deposit and have never had a problem with my card or my account being wrong. I use it for everything from buying stuff at the store to paying bills online. Have recommended it to friends at work and family. Keep up the good work.

Green Dot is amazing, although I think loyal clients should be relieved of the monthly fee or at least the fee be reduced on ALL cards. Other than that green dot is highly recommendable. I've been a client since 2007 and won't even look at a RushCard or any other competitors.

I am so not impressed with GREEN DOT and their dispute process. I have 10 unauthorized charges pending on my account for a total of $400 + dollars leaving me with 10 cents. I have to wait until the charges are posted to dispute them which could take until December 13th and then supposedly 10 days after that to get my funds back. Why can't they just reverse the charges? I have no idea what I am supposed to do now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot?

Hello, I purchased one of these prepaid Visa debit card. I tried to register it but when I tried to put my state (I'm from Europe) I can find only states from the US. Nobody told me that I cannot activate it if I'm not from the US. If I try to call the customers' support and to activate it they ask me for an activation number. I texted the number that was written on the back of the packaging, but the registered voice on the phone said that it was not the right number. I need those money soon because I have to buy a ticket to leave the US, how can I get my money back? I need help as soon as possible please.

I got a temporary card and had no problems. I got my personalized ones in the mail today and it will not unlock them by computer or phone. I cannot get a hold of any human to help me. This should be a smooth transition from temporary to personalized since the card numbers are the same. Not a good way to start using the card. I was going to close my bank account today and only use Green Dot but am worried if I can't even complete the first step what else will go wrong.

Green Dot Prepaid Cards

I definitely want to have a care specialist take a look into your account. We'll be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I loaded $100 on my card at Walmart and got my receipt. Four hours later I try to use my card and it's declined. It says I have -30.51. So I call customer service, stated my issue and was hung up on. I called back and asked for a supervisor and was hung up on again. I called back again and was left on hold for 28 minutes then hung up on. I called today and was told they were reviewing why my money wasn't loaded correctly and that the negative balance was an issue on their end. I gave them approval code, receipt number, store info etc. They said they show it was loaded on my transactions but don't know why it's not becoming available correctly.

So I'm out $150 while they try to discover what the problem on their end is. Three reps and a supervisor have all said it's a "glitch" on their end but still haven't fixed it. I have direct deposit on this card. I'm changing that immediately because I didn't realize they were this incompetent and unhelpful. I'm beyond upset and very nervous about any more of my hard earned money being in their hands.

I bought a Green Dot prepaid debit card last week. Today I bought a $100.00 MoneyPak reload card and I could not get the money to load. I called customer service and they said I cannot reload on a temporary card only on a Permanent card which has not even been mailed to me yet. I asked for a refund and was told to request a refund online which takes 3-6 weeks. NOWHERE on either card does it state I could not reload a temporary card. In fact right on the back of the card it says to go to Green Dot to find reload locations. Now I'm out $100.00 until they decide to mail me my permanent card. Green Dot is a ripoff. DO NOT use this card unless you call customer service as ask a ton of questions or you might as well flush your money down the toilet. VERY upset customer.

I purchased a reload pak at a pilot truck stop for 100 dollars. I tried to load the 100 to my temp card and it failed. Spoke with customer service. They ran the pak number, verified the pak was good and the money was there. They told me I have to wait 'till the card comes in with my name on it. THE card with my name on it came in. Tried to load and got same message pak not valid. Called customer service. Now they tell me they can't pull up the moneypak to view it. I called 4 different times asking to speak to a supervisor and continued to get told no supervisor was available.

Called the customer service department because of extra money coming out at a ATM and I told her I will need the money that was on the card and to order me a new one. After I got the money that was left on the card she froze my account and I couldn't accessed that. I had to even feed myself over the holidays and they wouldn't transfer my money to another Green dot card. I think this is bad service not to mention I have to wait five days to get a replacement card which would make me late paying rent.

Up until now, I am very dissatisfied with Green Dot. I use this card to pay bills and also for direct deposit with my job. Well the week of thanksgiving my direct deposit came in three days early. Upon those funds coming in that day, I received a total of 12 transactions from a retailer in Texas. The total transactions were over a $1000 dollars, which took my entire paycheck and left my balance at zero dollars. It showed all the transactions were pending. I called Green Dot and the first rep, basically rushed me off the phone and said call back when they show up posted to the account. From there I can file a dispute. I was so upset. Mainly because she had no empathy, then she stated "I know you live in Florida, did you give someone your card in Texas to use."

And her accent was so strong, you could barely understand her. I called back and this time got a male. He said the same thing as the first rep, about waiting for the transactions to post but was more apologetic. I told him, "why do I need to wait for the transaction to post. If they're showing pending, terminate the transactions." He advised that's the protocol. I don't understand why I should have to wait, and then have to wait another 10 business day after filing a dispute. This is my hard earn money I work for. Now I have no money, all my bills will late and I'm not even sure if I will get my money back in that time frame. I might as well go back with the bank. Any type of fraud activity, at least you're guarantee that your funds will be replaced with two business days.

Hi Kyla,

We see that your concern was resolved! We tried to reach you but weren't able to get in touch. If you still require assistance, please call the number left on your voicemail.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I want a return on my card because the merchant didn't have enough cash in the drawer to give me a refund so I put it on this card and they have held my money. They have lied about everything every time I called like it will be available in 24 hours. Well it's past that. I sent in my receipt and still nothing. It seems I'm not the only one this has happened to around this season. Starting to make me wondering if this is on purpose. They are thieves and don't have an idea on how to run a consumer's money account.

Hi Geraldine,

We attempted to contact you regarding your concern but we haven't been able to get in touch.  Please call the number left on your voicemail if you still require assistance.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I purchased and loaded one of your cards after a scammer called me stating that my electricity would be shut off if I did not pay a certain amount. Being as I was in a panic, and they had specific information about my account that made it more believable, I loaded the card. After realizing my local power company was not even open today due to a holiday, I knew it was a scam before I provided them with the card number. Now I am trying to receive a full refund. When I posted a request for a refund on the website, it says it has been received and will take 7-10 business days for a check to arrive. I need a way to track this, or even have a confirmation number to make sure this has been processed, but none of this is provided.

When I call the customer service number, they ask me for a 16 digit card number which I was never given. There is no real operator to talk to, it just disconnects you if you do not have sufficient information. I do have a receipt of the full amount I paid in cash, the date, location, and the MoneyPak card. I need someone to call me and reach out to me to help me with this serious issue, and in terms of my refund.

Hi Tracy,

I'd like to have a care team member follow up with you to discuss ways you can have some of your fees waived. We can also look into your MoneyPak log in information.

We'll reach out to you this week on the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I have 2 Green Dot cards apparently. One is through Green Dot and the other is through MoneyPak. However I no longer have the one from MoneyPak, I lost it a long time ago in a move. I recently tried to log onto the MoneyPak website but I don't know my log in information, and since I lost my card a long time ago I don't know the card information either, nor the address or phone number linked to the account. And the only way to possibly get the information is to call and talk to someone directly. Unfortunately I don't have a phone to call someone with, let alone I hate being on the phone let alone someone who may or may not be able to help me and being able to understand me or the person I'm talking to. I'm almost never on the phone if I can help it. I would love to be able to do it over the Internet like everything else these days and my Green Dot card is just getting too expensive for me.

Paying the monthly fee every month and a reloading fee every time I need to put Money on the Card. I don't need it very often but it is activating when I do need to use it there is the monthly fee, reloading fee and if you forget about the monthly fee you need a certain amount to pay a bill. Then realize that there was the fee amount on there and so the amount that you need isn't the amount you have because of that fee. So now you have to go and load more money on the Card to get to the price you need for whatever reason but you can't just put the amount you need to put the smallest amount you can load and that's $20.00 on top of the reloading fee. Then you need to wait for 10 minutes. So if you have an emergency you're just screwed until your money hits.

So yeah it is convenient to have the prepaid card for paying your bills online, but if your bill is about to be or already has been disconnected, or if you have anything else is just a hassle. Not worth it, costs too much money and time. I will not recommend Green Dot to anyone else. There are other prepaid cards out there if you desperately need a card and can't get a bank account for whatever reason.

I have had problems with my prepaid card not working at all. All it would do was decline the transaction no matter how much, what it is for, or the amount of the transaction. It would decline the transaction. You would check your balance online and/or call the 1800 automated number for balance information. And it says that you have the correct amount on your card for the transaction. But it still would decline the transaction. You would have to call customer service and talk to a customer service representative even though you hate being on the phone with a passion. But to find out why it is being denied, they would have to look and find out why, only to have to call and talk to technical support about it and having to leave a message for them to look into it and try and fix whatever the issue was.

When they asked me what my email address was so they could email me and let me know that they had fixed the problem, and that it would take 24-48 hours for technical support to look at it, find the problem, and fix the problem. I had to inform them that they would have to call me because my internet was disconnected and I was trying to pay the cable bill so I could have my internet back. And they took down my number and a reason why they would have to call me instead of emailing me to inform me it was fixed. But they never called. Instead they didn't even look at my notes, or didn't care, or didn't want to call me to let me know that they had fixed the problem.

I had put the amount that I needed to pay my cable bill and schedule a time and date for the cable company to come and reconnect my internet, but couldn't pay the bill because of the issue with the card, and they didn't call me to inform that they fixed the problem for two days. When I decided to go ahead and try to pay the bill again and have them come and reconnect it. When I called two days later the card was accepted and I was able to get my internet turned back on, so not only was I unable to pay my internet with my card, but I was not able to use my card anywhere for anything or for any reason. It was an incredible inconvenience and a total headache and hassle not being able to get or use my card for children's medication if my kids were to need it in case of an emergency. I could not buy food for myself and/or my family if I needed to.

After waiting for two days to get a phone call that never came so I could pay my bill I decided to try and pay it anyway. It was approved and when they came out to connect my internet, I checked my email and found a email from Green Dot technical support telling me that they had fixed the problem with my card and I could use it again. It was dated and sent the same night that I had called to report that it wasn't working and being denied even there was money there. After waiting for two days to use a card that I could have used that night to pay my cable bill and get whatever ever else I needed or wanted. It has happened quite a few times but I couldn't get another card at the time and I had no other ways to pay bills or pay for anything online, or whatever.

I am now currently looking for a new prepaid card with little to none that has any kind of fees other than loading and reloading the card, and a fee to find out what the balance is and to use the ATM machine. For the most part most if not all the banks charge a fee to use the ATM, then the bank would charge you a fee on top of the fee from the ATM. But it would be the same with any prepaid cards except for the ATMs that the cards work with to get fee-free ATM withdrawals. So yeah I liked how the card was there if and when I did need it. And in all honesty it has actually saved me in a tight situation. However it has also caused more hassle than good. I just don't want nor do.

I have the money to constantly throw away, money that could be used for more important things than go to fees, monthly and reloading fees and the fees to use the debit card pin number instead of credit. (I hardly ever used my pin number for debit card transactions but in cases where I had no choice in the matter of how I paid with credit or debit cards). I need a prepaid card because I refuse to use any bank or credit union because they have always and only got me into trouble in the past, so I no longer use them. I don't know if it is for protection from me or from the bank. But I need to have a prepaid card to pay bills and pay for bills online and when we can't or won't have cash at that particular point in time, or places.

HI Mila,

We attempted to contact you regarding your concern but we were unable to reach you.  Please call the number left on your voicemail so we can help.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I have a Walmart Green Dot prepaid card. I wanted to load some cash on it for THE VERY FIRST TIME. I set up a MoneyPak account, entered in the MoneyPak number. (When I did this it shows about 10 cards already on file even though I have never used this service before and this is supposedly a new MoneyPak - obviously not as someone has used it numerous times.) Entered in my Walmart Prepaid card number and got an error saying that my LOAD FAILED: "Sorry! You’ve hit a limit for this MoneyPak profile. This means that in 30 days, you have already used nine MoneyPaks, or loaded >$3000 total using MoneyPaks (including this load attempt), or would exceed $1000 loaded or 4 loads today, or $1500 load or 6 loads in the past seven days."

I'VE LITERALLY SPENT TWO DAYS TRYING TO TALK TO SOMEONE TO NO AVAIL. I first called MoneyPak and then it turned into a Green Dot number. When I entered in my birthday it said it was incorrect and hung up on me. I tried EVERYTHING on their phone. Then, as I purchased the MoneyPak at Walmart and am trying to load it to a Green Dot WALMART PREPAID card, I called the number on the back of my card. After a long wait I was transferred to someone who completely didn't understand what I was trying to say. And was no help. As we speak I am on my second hour of holding to talk to a Supervisor.

I cannot believe that Walmart doesn't care about their customers. Nor does this Green Dot. I believe I was scammed out of the $260 that I gave the cashier at WALMART to put on this MoneyPak. Not to mention the $5.95 I spent for this useless MoneyPak piece of cardboard. Green Dot, MoneyPak and Walmart have all SCAMMED me and I would like to know how to sue them. I have also left a voicemail for my friend who is a producer of the local NBC station. I am completely flabbergasted that I got scammed and NO ONE will help me. ConsumerAffairs: what do I do?

Hi Gretchen,

We attempted to contact you regarding your concern but have been unable to reach you. However, our records show that your concern was resolved. If you still require assistance, please call the number left on your voicemail. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I am absolutely panicking because someone gave me a Green Dot "gift card" as a gift. I had to log on, include my social security number, and was told I had $10 on the card, but read the fine print and it said I had a $7.95 fee EACH and EVERY month!? This was supposed to be a gift card!? Then I have tried for the past four days to speak to a live person and go online to be sure my account is cancelled and all of my personal information is removed from this card. And what happens instead? They keep sending me new cards! I believe this is the worst business idea ever. How in the world can anyone afford $7.95 a month to keep up a debit card?? And why can't I speak to someone to be sure that this simple gift card I thought I was receiving is not destroying my future finances!!! How did Steve Harvey endorse this product?

Hi Michelle,

We are going to have someone look into this further for you and we'll be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I used this card for 2 purchases at a casino and hotel. The 2 purchases were just for incidental funds and were delayed the very next day both on business days! The customer service department was called after 5 days of my money not returning to the available balance and was lied to by their rep saying it would take 10 days to recover the funds! At 10 days called back and was told 12 days then was told 16 days! This card is a fraud. They withheld my money from me and no one there not even the top supervisors which I have to wait 2 days for a callback can do anything about it. They have no access to release my funds back to my card! They are thieves, crooks. Horrible company policies!

Hi Sherry,

Green Dot sends out new cards to customers weeks before their card is set to expire. I'd like to have a specialist follow up with you to look into your situation more and to track your new card.

Please direct message us with the best phone number to call you on.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Why do I have to purchase another card when the one I have expired. Not sure if my card is available any longer. I would prefer to get the same card with an updated expiration date. All companies offer this service, why can't you? Not fair to spend $4.95 to get another card. This is ludicrous. Fix it please.

Hi Angela,

We attempted to contact you regarding your concern but we were unable to reach you. Please call the number left on your voicemail if you need further assistance.

For information on fees, please visit:

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I purchased a Green Dot card to send to my son out of state so he can buy what he wants with it. He's 10 years old by the way. He gets the card which I had put $20 on and uses $10 then I get a phone call saying that he can't use the other $10. So I had gotten a personalized card in the mail by that time. I had to activate it so I could use my bank account to put money on it but then I had to send the personalized card since the original one won't work anymore. So I looked at the account activity and they charged a $10+ fee for the card. So I put another $20 on the card and send it to him. I get another call from his father who says he doesn't know where I'm getting these cards from because they don't work.

I said I'll get the card from my son this weekend and try to fix it. This causes an argument. Also, when I put the money on the new card from my bank account, the bank froze my account until they could verify that I made the charge, this should have been a sign. So now I have spent $50 including what it costs to reload the card in a store and probably more than that since I'm sending everything in the mail too. I haven't called them since this last incident because I don't have the card here to give them the number.

This is the most ridiculous scam I've seen. I'm getting charged half of whatever I put on it for my kid to spend. Now I look like an idiot because he can't use the card to buy anything. Now I have to give him cash for the money that was lost on the card. So I'm out another $40. I'm sure once I post this a reply will come up above this and say something like "I see you spoke to a supervisor and they resolved the issue. Feel free to contact us with any other questions." Total BS.

These people lie and scam people out of money. Those who are hoping that this money they should be receiving is real because they're struggling already but because they agree to do what these scammers want they lose more money that they didn't have to begin with. Now that I see they want your card number, I realize that this isn't any kind of consumer affairs website. It's their website and this is a scam too. Great. They have no tolerance for fake reviews huh? I have no tolerance for a fake company taking my money.

Hi Mike,

We attempted to contact you via phone but were unable to reach you or leave voicemail.   Please check your email and call the number provided should you require further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

My card was put on hold due to suspicious activity but there was no activity on it. They froze up my money for three days now and cannot get nobody to give us any answers. Someone please help. If you have an answer to my problem please email me.

Hi Christopher,

I'd like to have a member of our customer care team look into this for you. Please direct message us with the best phone number to reach you on and we'll get in touch with you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I went into Walgreen on 11/06/2016, purchased a debit card for $150. And I haven't spend the money yet and not it is not on my card anywhere. I have a case working and have talked to customer service every day. I am very dissatisfied with the service I have received and I don't have $150. just to give away, I am on fix income.

Hi Troy,

Our records show that you spoke with a supervisor who was able to help you with your concerns. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I started putting my check on Green Dot direct deposit. The first couple of checks it was working just fine until today. I woke to find my money not on my Green Dot account. I've called the customer service number and you can't talk to a live person. The recording says to call your employer but I already got my pay stub from my employer so it's Green Dot's fault & I want my money now! Never use this dumb company which makes me dumb for trusting my money with them.

Hi Whitley,

We are happy to assist you with your concern. We attempted to contact you but we were unable to reach you. Please check your email and call the number provided should you require further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

THESE people are nothing but liars. I called last week because I was giving the card to someone as a gift. Saw I bought the wrong card and bought another Green Dot pay master card. I talk to someone that told me because the card was bought with cash that I couldn't get a refund but if you use the card as a ONE TIME and not recurring monthly I would not be charge. So I activate the card and was charge 7.95 only put 25 dollars on the card. So I called and talk to a manager (sound like they were overseas) explain and she said she would credit the card one time and that money should be back on the card in 24 hours.

Here today 3 days later I called and the person told me that the person I talked to gave me the wrong info and that all charges are valid. I told her that this was very upsetting and that I was lied to and never got a call back to let me know that charge was not valid, so I ask for a manager, which I was told that all manager were unavailable. So I ask could I have corporate # or a telephone was NO and hung up on. I called back explain to the person what happen, was put on hold for 5 mins and sent back to the main menu (nonlive person). Worst service I have ever experience. PLEASE. I REPEAT. PLEASE DO NOT BUY A CARD (GREEN DOT) OUT OF YOUR LOCAL STORE OR PHARMACY. They will take your money and hang up on you when you ask questions or want to speak to a manager. Very unprofessional.

Hi Brad,

I can have a care specialist look further into this for you. Please direct message us with the best phone number to call you on.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I purchased a prepaid Visa card from Walgreens in Huntersville, NC. Paid upfront for $25 and mailed it to my daughter in Massachusetts. My ex-wife called me angrily stating that there was no money on the card. I went back to Walgreens with the receipt, and the manager apologetically told me that there was nothing I could do, and that I would need to contact Green Dot directly. I went on their website, and could not get in touch with a human. Left an email trail asking for a solution and have heard nothing. It is mid-November now, and I submitted to them in May. I will advise anyone I know to never use this company.

Hi Janelle,

We are happy to discuss your concern with you. We attempted to call you but were unable to reach you. Please call the number left on your voicemail for assistance.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

My card was charged 391.50 instead if 115 at a hotel. I have filed 2 disputes with Green Dot. One for the unauthorized charges and the second was for false services. Both were denied. I was told they don't protect against bad service. I also called while the charges were pending and I was told that I would have to wait for the charges to actually post to make a dispute. Why? The charges could have been reversed while still pending and the money never would have left my account.

I have now made 3 phone calls regarding my replacement card. I have been waiting over one month now. On 11/04 the corporate office actually called me and said they would take care of the problem, and send me one by 3 day FedEx. By 11/10 I still had not received it so I called back. This time I was told it was ordered but they send me a new one.

However the man said he found a FedEx tracking number. I called FedEx. The tracking number was Invalid and fake so I called back AGAIN. The new person had no idea where a tracking number was even listed. I was on the phone with him for 22 minutes and it got to the point where he needed to "investigate" what was happening with my card and account, and promised to call me back. It is now 11/12 and no phone call was ever returned, I still have no card and yet I am still being billed a monthly service fee. Furthermore now when I call my calls get dropped every time.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Steve,

Thanks you for reaching out to us regarding your concern. Our records show that we were able to resolve your concern. Please reach out to us if you require further assistance!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

Got a Green Dot card for my son before he went on a trip. He hasn't been able to use it. Can't access the account online, forgot login/password on website doesn't work. Tried calling and there is no option to speak to anyone.

Hi Brent,

Our records show that you have been in contact with a supervisor from our Corporate office who was able to resolve your concern.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Green Dot at the register is a dishonest company. The company sent me a text with a barcode attached. I took the barcode to a retail store. They scanned the barcode that GREEN DOT sent me and took my $500. The $ never should up in my account I was sending the $ to. In addition I had done the exact same thing earlier in the day at the exact same retailer with no issues the money went where it was suppose to. After more than a week of trying to get information from them, today they tell me to take it up with the retailer. The retailer says all they did was scan the barcode I presented to them which I witnessed.

My $ went to another person's PayPal account, what a nice surprise for him and obviously a dishonest individual himself. Green Dot will not take any responsibility for their barcode error that somehow occurred. I sent them copies of the receipt, the text they sent me saying exactly where the money was going both on the text and also on the bar code label and even the exact bar code information. The single worst experience I have ever had with a company. I'll continue the fight but GREEN DOT does not give a crap. I suspect that $500 went to someone with a GREEN DOT connection.

Hi Vanessa,

We'd like to discuss this with you. We tried to contact you but were unable to reach you. Please call the number left on your voicemail for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Called customer service due to my card being sucked into the ATM and shredded after leaving it at the bank. Customer service stated I would be able to transfer funds from 1 green dot account to another (my boyfriend's card) until my new card came in the mail. Well that was false!!! Due to the card being deactivated the "Pay People" option was not available as we were originally told, therefore leaving us with no money or any way to pay a bill with the checking/routing information. No money or any other means to buy food when you have a 4yr old child!! We are very frustrated by this process and can't understand how Green Dot can hold someone's money hostage until a new card comes in the mail. They wanted to charge $15 to have it expedited (up to 3 business days). So 3-10 days with no money!!

I have never heard of a company that does not have any other options to access your funds until a new card comes. You should at least have the "Pay People" feature active or your routing/account# should be able to be used to pay bills (which did not work as well - declined by Telecheck). The fact Green Dot customer support can't do anything on their end is also another frustrating part. They can't even re-activate your old account in order for you to be able to transfer the funds out until your new card comes in, they can't activate your new account or help transfer funds out of the account on their end.

The last note is you can barely understand the reps as they have VERY strong accents. VERY frustrating holding a conversation when you don't understand half the words the customer service rep is saying. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CARD SERVICE IS STILL IN BUSINESS. What if I were going out of town and needed my money??? What if my child was sick and I needed medicine??? I'm blessed to have a Mother that was able to loan us a few dollars to pay our phone bill (which would've gotten cut off) and to get a few groceries to last for a few days until the new card came in. I'M VERY FRUSTRATED AND WILL BE ALSO FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB!

Hi Clayton,

Green Dot is committed to protecting its customers against fraud. I'd like to have a care specialist look into this further for you. Please message us with the best phone number to reach you on.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I have had a Green Dot MasterCard for over 4 years, never a problem, then... I received an email from greendot telling me, they were putting my account on hold, there was some suspicious activity on it. Someone was using my greendot card in Florida, charging $50.00 at Walmart in coral springs, FL, then another $50.00 at walmart, coral springs, FL, then $49.04 at walmart coral springs, FL, then another $49.00 at walmart coral springs, FL, and another $48.18 at walmart in Sunshine, FL, and then AGAIN, $48.12 at walmart in coral springs, FL... all these charges on 9/15/16.

I have used this greendot card at my local walmart in Tennessee maybe 3 times, but load it there always. When I did make a purchase, I always had to use my pin (the real reason for having this card) number. I used this card, mainly at the 5 fast food places in my local town, and used it for online purchases. And after my investigation of this theft, the local places have had NO other complaints of copying or scanning.

The last purchase, before the theft, was on 9/13/16 on ebay. After talking to the green dot representative (with A LOT of broken english) she made me think I had lost or had my card stolen, I have this card physically in my hands. She said they would send me a replacement card in few days, and then reimburse the card after 30 days... But NO money was recharged on this card, the thief's left $28.00 on this card, and so far greendot just keeps charging me maintenance fees. These thieves could have been easily caught... but the customers are the only ones being caught in this crime. GREEN DOT mastercard where is my $300.00?

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Company Profile