Green Dot Prepaid Cards

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Outstanding customer service. Anytime we have questions or need information the Green Dot team have been accommodating. Our card was compromised and we received an unauthorized charge. Within days we had a full refund. Even though it was a small amount, we were pleased with the process.

Card is very easy to use and reload. I use it for vacation. That way no one has access to any of my other personal information or accounts. I load my card with my extra money I get from officiating high school sports and what's leftover from payday when I have overtime when I get it. Something I'd like to be considered would be when it's used you're notified when and where instantly. Just a thought.

I've had the best experience with my Green Dot card. It has afforded me all of the conveniences of having a traditional bank account. It's even better than banks because I can deposit money at the many convenient reload locations such as Rite Aid or Walmart during their business hours. My deposit is available for use within 15-30 minutes. I've used my card to book hotels, make online purchases, and everything else that I use my other visas for. With no overdraft fees to worry about, the monthly fee is nothing compared to what I've had to pay financial institutions in the past. I love my Green Dot card.

I have had trouble with the fees and I keep being charged every month. I don't know what to do and I am tired of the trouble with me being in the negative balance all the time and I don't know when I will be paid back all the money I would have due to all the charges.

The Green Dot experience has been an enjoyable one. I would hope that you would add additional no fee ATM machines. I would also like to be able to pick my card design as I did when first receiving my card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot?

I am really happy with the services I receive from Green Dot Bank. I know that some services charge .50 for using the Green Dot Card but with the apps and responses I get quickly I know its worth every penny as well as the monthly charge. THANK YOU GREEN DOT.

My only complaint is that sometimes it is hard to understand someone who does not speak English well and it takes a long time to get my concerns taken care of or what I have asked to be done is not done.

It would be really, really nice if there wasn't a fee to load money onto my card. I realize you need to make money on your end but a fee to add $?? I would also like to be able to use my card at the gas pump. Otherwise, very happy. I like how I was able to direct deposit my paycheck onto it.

Thanks green dot for everything. Y'all are doing a awesome job. I enjoy getting my disability money early on my Green Dot card every month. I like getting my disability money early 29th instead of the 3rd every month. Its quicker and easier to pay bills early and on time.

Enjoy the card, it is convenient when I need to pay bills that I cannot go in person to pay. Could be better if I didnt have to every time I added money and plus a fee monthly. Other than that its a great card to use.

Good app but, the one thing I kinda don't like is at first I was only being charged $5.00 for monthly fee... Why am I being charged I think $7.95 on the monthly charge... I think I should be getting charged less than five dollars or nothing at all... I've a customer for I think 2 1/2 years...

I would love to have more ATMs available without 3-5$ fees. Also the option to load more than 500$ in cash at a loading station. Other than those problems I've never had an issue and enjoy the security of my account.

I have enjoyed having the Green Dot credit card. I was a little upset about not being advised of the increase of the monthly fee. I also do not like the design up the new cards because they look very fake.

I love my Green Dot card but I want to be able to pay bills on my phone app. Currently you can only pay online bills using a computer and it is difficult for me to access one. Also, would like to be able to set up transfers to my mother's bank account, it would make it easier to send her money.

Hearing Steve Harvey tell me "Happy Birthday" was an exciting moment. I love him. Thanks Green Dot and Steve Harvey. I will recommend Green Dot to all my friends. And by the way, I receive my direct deposit payroll check 2 days early. Loving Green Dot.

I get direct deposit and my money is always there. Very convenient texting for balances and transaction history. I tell a lot of people to use this card. It's nice having an account unlike the bank. I don't have to keep a minimum amount on it and the fee monthly to use it is low.

I have really enjoyed using my Green Dot card to pay bills, shopping and it make me feel more secure of not having to carry cash around. And like how if it's stolen it doesn't take long for you all to take care of the situation. I wish you had a card that's kid\teenage friendly. I'm teaching my 12 year old son the importance of having and using credit cards. Overall love Green Dot. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

I really like the VIP card but would like to get cash back for usage or some kind of reward. But overall you can't beat it for direct deposit, mine gets in my account at least 2 days before most people I work with. Thanks Green Dot! Great job!

I was trying to find a free ATM, the MoneyPass ones? I pulled up the app and it just shows where ATMs and Reload stores are. It would be great if you could show where the free ATMs are. Otherwise I am happy.

Don't like 7.95 a month registration. If you add more than 1000 dollars month then it doesn't roll over. Also 2.50 atm fee plus another 2.50 to take money out. Um no fair. 5 dollars to take out 20 cash not fair. Also umn rewards for adding more than 1000 a month should be right. Also a way for someone to add money to the card instead of western union you money would be a fair idea.

I was getting everyday balance info. on my card ending in ** and one it has stopped, also I get my SS Disability put into the card each month and now I'm not getting info. and I am hoping that I don't have to reset it all over again. I'd have to say that might tick me off a tad bit and I don't want to have to reset everything, can you assure me that, that won't happen? Also is it possible to turn my card ** into a black card? If you could shoot me an email and let me know if this is possible in any way? I'd greatly appreciate. Thank you for any and all help you can give me, ok.

I think that it is unfair to charge a customer bank fees on top of the fees that the other banks charge to withdraw money from the ATM machine. Green Dot already charge a monthly fee. And it should not be a limit on how much money you want to put on your card in a given day. The customer do pay a reload fee which is high and Green Dot don't offer you rewards like Walmart does by using Green Dot cards. But customer service is great and other issue in the past have been resolved. Thank you.

Overall our experience with Green Dot has been fair. The card is accepted everywhere, and there is no issues with it. But all the fees that are charged are a little much. $10 for a monthly fee, and then an additional $5 any time you want to add additional money to it, even though direct deposit is already set up? Plus then you have to pay extra just use the routing and account numbers. Honestly it seems cheaper just to go with a bank.

Why is the monthly fee so high?? Why do I have to pay the monthly fee if you notice the card isn't in use causing Me to have a negative balance on the card??? I like using the card, I like gettin my direct deposit early but I don't feel like I should be charged for months you notice that the card isn't in use.

Practical and useful. I only have recently had any problems with the use of my card, and that problem is difficulty adding funds at merchant locations. Sometimes I am denied permission to load more than $100 at a time, but can't load multiple times in 24 hours. Other than this issue, I have been completely satisfied with its performance.

I don't like this card. I get notify too late when my money deposit. Get no kind of balance alert when I use my card. So I'm thinking about going to another card because if I lose this card and somebody use it I won't know until the next day. I have had other that is way better.

I have liked Green Dot for years now. But there's two major things that really bother me. 1. The ATM limit needs to be raised. 2. Not being able to electronic transfer my funds to other cards. It's only to other Green Dot cards. Minor issues is the outsourced customer service agents and attitudes, I have lost my patience on them several times. Also, there should be an agent 24/7 that can issue a new card, without rendering my old one useless. I love the freedom of this card, but the limit, really sucks. It should be $800 at least. That's my bills, I should be able to withdraw that at one time, not 500 one day and 300 the next. Thank you for hearing from me.

I enjoy the access and usage, I used for direct deposit. I do feel a great change would be to be able to transfer from one prepaid card to another to gain full access to create maybe a savings account or just simply a backup access in case your card tends to act up. I'm suffering from my Account Now visa and feel the idea can be achieved.

Personally I think you charge too much. It started at 5.95 then you jumped it to 7.95. I would like to know why??? Plus you did not inform me of the increase. I'm about to get rid of this card and change to a different company. It would be nice if you would put less stipulation with your card and you would have more customers.

Great card except one problem. The only problem is that sometimes I can't use card because they want a check routing number and acct. They will not take card so that becomes a problem with me keeping my money in card. Otherwise it's great. Fast service and easy to work with. Thanks.

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Company Profile