Green Dot Prepaid Cards Visit Website

Green Dot Prepaid Cards
Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5
Based on 1,931 ratings submitted in the last year

Green Dot Bank = Extreme value! Founded in 1999, Green Dot Corporation is the pioneering tech company that's reinventing the banking industry to provide simple financial products for the masses. With innovations like Green Dot @ the Register and the Green Dot Reloadable Prepaid Card, we're changing the way people interact with money, and challenging conventional thinking about what a bank can be. It pays to bank with Green Dot as you’ll get 3% cash back on online and in-app purchases, your pay up to 2 days early and federal benefits up to 4 days early, no overdraft fees or bounced check fees, and free reloads at retailers nationwide. Download our Green Dot app to get started.

Green Dot Gallery (4)
View More View More
Green Dot Prepaid Cards Visit Website

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I like My Green Dot card as it's very convenient. I like the fact that I can use the app and keep an eye on my money. If I have bills that are connected to my card, I can see when it is taken out so I won’t double pay for it. The direct deposit is good too and I like it as well because I could see the history like exactly when it goes in and how much it is.

I used Money Network before and they didn’t have what Green Dot has. They didn’t have feature where you can switch money over from the check to the savings mode. But there's a money app where people send money from their account to somebody else’s account, and I feel that Green Dot should have that where people can send money to friends because when I tried to do it, it wouldn't let me. I was told I have a prepaid card and I can do that.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Green Dot has done pissed me off.... My company issues Money Network cards for our paychecks.... With the company issued card I received my check at 9pm Monday night. Technically payday is Tuesday but I've been getting my check on Monday night. I just switched to green dot because they advertise get paid 2 days earlier etc.. Here it is 142am Tuesday and still no check. I should have just stayed with money network. Green dot charges monthly fees and additional atm fees and they do not pay early in fact they pay LATE. I urge anyone who uses green dot to get away from it asap. Not to mention they do not tell you there is a pending deposit.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I like the early pay with my Green Dot card. I use the direct deposit as well. I also have the mobile app and I can check my balance whenever.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I’m pretty happy with Green Dot. I’ve had it for about 2 years and it's a way for me to have my money as far as sending money separate from my checking account. What interests me the most about Green Dot is that they would give me my payroll a day or two early. I love getting my deposits earlier. This past week, our pay was on Monday the 10th, but I got it on Friday the 7th. That’s like a whole weekend. It’s huge.

I do everything with my Green Dot card. I spend and go online with it. I love the thing they installed in the last months. I love how I can stash or unstash my money so I won’t spend it not knowing. It’s always fast and easy to look my balance up real quick too. I also love that if I return something or have a refund, I get it immediately. Within a few minutes, it’s there. There isn’t any hold or waiting period. Some people would say, “Why do you spend the 9.95 a month?” I’m paying that fee, but the card is worth keeping forever. I feel like as long as I do good with it, I’m getting almost all back when I get my 5% back.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I needed something for purchasing online and so I've had my Green Dot card for 6 months now. I do direct deposit in it and it’s convenient. However, something bad just happened and I got a $55 charge to my card when I didn’t make the transaction. Also, I can’t use my card on cash out. Other than that, I can go and get cash back and I like that. I like the cash back checker as well. So, I tell other people to get a Green Dot card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green Dot?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

My paycheck deposit is on it and I pay my bills with it. I also do online shopping with it. A couple of days ago, I needed to order a new card because I no longer used Orkin, but Orkin was able to take two transactions of money out of my account in two days. It was about $140 worth. The rep said the money would be back in my account by the time I received my new card in the mail. So I’m supposed to get it on the new card. It was pretty good. She was pretty helpful.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I received my card followed all instructions set up app. I am finding it hard to actually talk to someone about why my refund was sent to the green dot account and 48 hours later I am still showing a zero balance. They have the money so why am I having to wait to use my money and there is not one person to talk to because they set up an automated system without an option to talk to a representative and they said as soon as the IRS sent the refund it was available to you not pending it was sent to them. So where’s my money????

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I had one incident where I didn't verify Planet Fitness, and it charged me over $100. I called them and I was on hold for not even more than 10 minutes, and then they came on. They asked me a couple questions to verify that I was the cardholder, and then asked me which transaction and they looked through it. They asked me did I still have the card, and then they told me I was gonna have to cancel it. The rep told me he was gonna send another card out to the addresses on file, and then told me that they would send me an email and a letter to the address on whether or not they'll give me the money back or not. So they're still going through it to review it whether I'll get it back or not, but they handled it pretty good.

Their live chat has been down for a couple of days. But other than that, I have had it for over a year now and it's been pretty good. I chose them because I get early direct deposit. At first, I didn't believe the $100 that you get from cashback. But when I first got done with the year, they gave me $100. It's a pretty good card.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

My son's tax refund was issued by the IRS to the GreenDot Visa on the 31st. It is now February 5th and the funds are still not available. We were on hold for an hour today with NO ONE to answer the call. When we get online to do the LIVE CHAT, there is NO ONE available to help there either. So unprofessional and after years of using GreenDot I am stopping all business with them. This seems like fraud to me...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We had a NetSpend, but then when they tried to put me on the account, they said I wasn’t a U.S. citizen. But I was born here. I don’t know what that even means, so we said, “No” with them and then we went with Green Dot. We had a bank account for a little while but then we kept overdrafting. So having Green Dot, saves us a lot of money. Also, sometimes our checks go in earlier. When we had to dispute a transaction, they were right on it right away. But we get in trouble at the end of the month because then it doesn’t let us take all of our money off and then we can’t pay rent on time. Because we only get a $3,000 maximum, and that kind of screws us up a little bit. If we keep using the card, then we kind of seem to overspend. So we’d like to just take the cash off and save rent in there, but then when we try to go take that out, it says we’ve already reached our maximum and that kind of sucks.

Green Dot Prepaid Cards Company Information