Discover

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I made a purchase of a product part through a local vendor and used the Discover Card. Hours later I learned the vendor had charged me double against what I would have paid in several other places. The vendor refused to take the product back only hours after the purchase. The product was returned via U.S. Mail and acknowledgement of that receipt signed by the vendor. The sale was disputed by me but the Dispute department at Discovery ruled it a valid sale and would not refund the money (Over $380) in spite of the fact they advertised customer order and satisfaction protection up to $500. Although I was given a return guarantee claim number of **, nothing was ever heard from that again and they have since dropped that guarantee offer program.

In frustration, I sent in their cards and payment. They refunded the payment and issued new cards. However they still reported the disputed sale as a "no payment" to the credit reporting people and knocked our rating from a perfect 850 to below 725. When contacted, Discover still would not make any changes to their reporting, which lease the customer on the short end with no ability to change the damage. So, I'm again returning Discover's cards. I don't need their lack of support, as there are too many other card and credit companies who know who their customers are.

I really would not give them the one start rating, but zero was not an option. My dispute case number was **. I had been a customer for more than 50 years. In objection I paid the charge and returned their cards. I was told that they were refunding my payment "out of courtesy for my years as a customer". However, they still will not contact the credit bureau and advise them that it was a "disputed" claim that was eventually settled. They don't care that they have damaged my previously perfect 850 credit rating over their vendor's crooked practices and that they join the vendor in that way of doing business. Needless to say again, their credit cards are on the way back to them. I'm done!

Discover is always one of the first credit cards that students receive, due to what I can only imagine is an insatiable desire to screw students over as hard and fast as they can. I had no issues when I was paying my credit card ahead of time every month, and the one time that I had a bank payment bounce due to a stolen debit card, I was charged a fee that they refused to refund. This is all good and fine, until they put this bounce on my credit report as fraud. This ended up lowering my credit a good 60 points and on top of this they froze my account AFTER I correctly paid my Bill.

That is fine, I have spent many hours on the phone with companies before. However, they froze my account on a Friday, and the only department that could unfreeze it didn't open up until Monday. This bounced a few monthly payments of mine, further damaging my credit. I would recommend anyone that wants a discover account to instead throw 50 dollars a month in a barrel and burn it as that would be a better use of your money. Worst credit card company experience and I will never use Discover again. Discover 0/10.

Aggravation and frustration I would use to describe this loan process. This is not a solution-oriented company. Seems like a fast, efficient process at the beginning. Desktop appraisal was good and my banker said we should be good-to-go. I work in the mortgage industry, so what she was telling me sounded like we were confidently moving forward.

However, then everything started falling apart. I had to assist the banker in understanding my income to qualify properly. They have a "drive-by" appraisal done on the property. This came back at 230k... 20k under their desktop appraisal. The ironic thing is that the house was built in 2010 for $226k. So, this appraiser is telling me that the house hasn't appreciated in 7 years? The house across the street from us sold for 310k. The one thing that frustrates me more than anything is incompetence. That is what you can expect. I did get notified by email that the underwriter couldn't find a solution. But it takes reaching out to them to get any answers. They refuse to call and deal with things head on. Zero sense of urgency is what you can expect.

I have had a Discover for several months and I have used the card and paid it off several times. I had a 1600.00 credit limit on this card. I just paid off all my credit cards last month and I received an email from Discover saying they were lowering my credit line from 1600.00 to 500.00. So I called to see what the problem was and I was told that they had reviewed my credit and had to lower it. So I asked why that was because I had paid off all my credit cards and several other things since my husband had received a large settlement due to an accident. I told them that it didn't make sense because I have never been late on any payments or missed any payments.

I was told, "Well we will have to do a credit check (a hard Inquiry on the credit) to see what we can do for you." So my response was, "Well if you can't put my credit limit back the way it was just cancel the card because I am not taking another hit to my credit and if that's the way you treat your customers I don't want the card." So I canceled the card. For all you People out there looking to better your credit go with Capital One and stay away from Discover. Discover is the worst credit card ever!

Special ordered tires from Alan (BIG O tires, Carson). His guy installed them to the best of their ability but the tires were very rough riding, like square tires on the freeway. I had them checked out and found them out of round and poor balancing, one tire possibly bent rim but that was proven to be a bad tire shake. Yellow and red dots misaligned. Possibly defective. Ask Alan to check them out and fix or replace. He looked at them, said he would call Pirelli. Never heard back from him. I called again but he was mad because I contacted Big O Corp. and complained about his fake receipt, with no return policies and hand written invoice numbers. I waited 2 more weeks for him to do something with these tires but he did NOTHING.

So I went to AMERICA'S TIRE, they found there was obviously something wrong and I have the statements to prove it. I asked them to install 4 new tires and I returned the 4 others to Big O. Alan wouldn't sign for them so I took a couple pics and left them there, then filed a dispute with Discover. So now Discover denied the dispute because they need proof the tires were returned. I wasn't alone, I had a friend with me as a witness but Discover calls his letter and my pics hearsay. So now I'm out $900 ** dollars, Alan has the tires and is LYING to Discover that he never got them back... He says all I want is free tires, he's LYING I paid for 4 new tires and better service at AMERICA'S TIRE, Torrance.

Remember if it is not a original Big O "LETTERHEAD" receipt but a copy (dummy receipt) like mine, he is cheating his franchise owner, State of California Franchise Tax Board and the State of California Disposal Fees. You're paying it HE IS POCKETING IT. It is terrible Discover sides with the retailer, the lying rip off that he is because Discover makes more money from their merchants than us. Oh and I canceled their card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discover Card?

Discover-it Card. Very bad card. Once you decide to pay off all of it or significantly reduce your balance, they decide to decrease the credit limit by 50% or more. They have decreased my credit by as much as $800 even though credit score and overall report have significantly improved since the initial account opening. I would never recommend this lender to anyone! Stay away from Discover! Customer Service is not very helpful, they cannot explain properly why the system chooses to decrease credit lines. They offer for you to speak to management, but at the same time, say that account manager cannot change anything. My credit line went down by a total of 50% within 10 months from account opening. No late payments ever, paid off the card completely twice.

I am writing this review with a lot of pain after going through the worst experience with Discover card. This is one of the stupid cards ever took in my life. Recently I made the payment of my bill on time and I was waiting for the same to reflect on the total credit line. Even after making the payment on time, they have not released the funds. I made payment on 23rd of January but they have not released the fund so far so that I can start using my credit card. I am new to the US and I want to build a credit history. Simply because of their technical issue, I am unable to use my stupid Discover credit card. PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR DISCOVER CARD. PLEASE GO FOR DCU OR ANY OTHER BANK.

Having had a Discover card since 1994, I kept getting application for the Discover It account. I applied and got a call about how much of my $16,100 credit limit I wanted allocated to the new card. I said a small amount believing that I had $15,000 on one card and $1,100 on the other. What does Discover do to reward me for my loyalty. (Never late/always paid on time). They close my original account. Removing my credit limit and tell me I can reapply for a credit line increase in 3 months. I'm furious -- how rude?? I've spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved with all their "credit managers". This is a slap in the face.

My husband received a pre-selected application approval from Discover so I went ahead and read through the terms and fees and translated to my husband whom does not speak English but is a Resident. For some reason application did not go through specific needs more info, hr received the first call and asked to please be transferred to a Spanish speaking representative, was placed on hold then line cut off. Next day gets another call but this time the female representative spoke to him English once again and he repeats himself about someone speaking Spanish, she answers in Spanish and states in California the only language she can continue to process the application was in English. Never heard of such thing, my husband actually felt discriminated.

I am currently slightly over my credit limit by only 15 dollars, but for four straight months, I have been paying way more than the minimum monthly due, and it seems that the more I pay more than the monthly payment due, the higher the interest gets. It's like they never want my account to go back to normal account status. I thought that this credit card company was at least slightly better than the other credit companies, but NO WAY IN HELL!

The strange thing about this is that over a year ago I went online to start to fill out an online application with DISCOVER CARD, but I never did complete the application. I never gave them any personal information except for my name. About a month later I received a package from UPS, I opened it up, and inside it was a Welcome to Discover Card packet with a new Discover Card inside it. I had changed my mind and didn't want the credit card, but they sent it without my consent, but I ended up using it anyway. I put the blame on me for this one but why did they send it anyway?

I called Discover on January 16 and questioned the balance transfer procedure. The rep assured me that it would be quicker to let him do the transfer to BOA, rather than me depositing a check myself. I began calling Discover Jan 23, only to find out that they mailed the check, rather than do an electronic transfer. Upon calling BOA, I then discover that they also sent it to an incorrect address. BOA stayed on the phone with me and called Discover, waiting over an hour for some resolution. The BOA rep stated several times to Discover that the address was not theirs and they did not receive the check. She requested that they stop payment and electronically send the funds to them, only for the rep to continuously put us on hold and then coincidentally lost the connection.

I have literally spent hours on the phone with them, only to be told now that it could take up to 30 days for them to verify that the check has not been cashed. I was relying on the money for a business transaction on Feb 1 and now I am going to be penalized and am running the risk of the business transaction not going through because I am not prepared. I have dealt with many balance transfers with other banks and it has NEVER been this difficult. Discover has the worst customer service and they do absolutely nothing for their loyal customers. Shame on you Discover!

Discover charges me a late fee nearly every billing cycle, they are getting my payments before its due and not opening it until after the due date. They told me they can charge me a late fee if they don't open the payment till past the due date. According the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as long as they receive the payment by 5 pm of the due date they can't charge a late fee (This is known as "The card act"). Discover card has argued again and again that they have the right to open the payments whenever they want. I filed a complaint today with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 1-855-411-2372. If you have had this problem, please call and give a complaint or use their website to file a complaint. The more that people complain the more likely the government will be to come down on Discover for this unethical and illegal activity.

BEWARE!!! Discover card will decrease your credit line without notice or for no good reason. I have never been late, and have even paid off account. They decreased my credit line from $5500.00 to $1300.00, they said because I don't have a home mortgage. They are penalizing me for paying off my home and not having a mortgage. This is a SCAM, they are purposely doing this to hurt my credit score and to give other lenders reason to give me a higher interest rate. BEWARE of Discover, they don't care about their customers.

BEWARE... Do not do business with Discover! As a loyal customer of 30 plus years and having never had a late or missed payment in my entire life they refused an Apr reduction. It seems their main purpose is to take advantage of their customers rather than reward loyalty! Do not fall into their trap! When I requested instructions to close my acct they sent an email saying they closed it immediately. I will never do business of any sort with Discover again but they should have sent the instructions as I requested rather than close the account because they didn't want to hear from me anymore! And for the record my credit score is "excellent"!!

I have had a Discover card for many years. We have been loyal customers, which I found out only works one way. I called the card company to see if they could give me a better interest rate than 24%. I was told no. 3/4 of my payment was being sucked up in interest. I decided to pay off my **it card and take my business elsewhere. I called the people at Discover and told them to close my account because I had paid the full settlement amount. 20 minutes later I'm still on the phone asking to have my account closed, but Mr ** came then exclaimed the voice on the other end, we can do this and that for you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE close my account. They finally agreed. 2 weeks later I received my Discover card bill with 57.00 in interest charges for a account I asked them to close. This soap opera continues. Tune in next week.

Discover sucks! I am very upset by the way my dispute is being handled. I am seriously considering transferring my balance and filing suit as a result of this dispute for $475. I initially filed the dispute because it was taking the appraisal company too long to send the documentation, even though as I have stated to you that I never needed the appraisal in the 1st place because I already had one done myself. There was a mix-up in the communication and my card was never supposed to be ran in the 1st place. Either way Reliance agreed to cover the costs as stated in the email that I sent. I get a notification from Discover saying that the case is closed and the merchants favor. I get this and call in on the week of 12/19 to reopen the case and it is a hassle to get the case open which I don't really understand. I am advised by your CSR to submit documentation showing that Reliance agreed to pay which I do.

I called in on 12/28 to see if the case has been reopened and get a runaround from your dispute team reviewing the documentation and they do not reopen the case based on word jargon. They get fixated on the fact that Reliance states in the email uploaded that I am getting cash back. I refuse to reopen the case unless I provide documentation showing it which I have at this point. First and foremost I don't understand why it is such a hassle to put something in dispute in the first place it is nothing like AMX's or other credit card companies' dispute process. I feel like you have to fight to get a dispute opened or reopened. Discover needed adapt AMX's or other credit card companies' dispute process/methodology. This is because it reopened I am not on close my account. I am getting our family attorney involved.

After having a account since 1987 with Discover I must have recently missed 1 payment because I never got it in the mail. Snow or my husband death last month. I have over a 8.5 credit score. I called after receiving the bill today because of a extra $27 added on to a bill I never received. I didn't even know I had a bill. I never got bill or any bill for the last month from Discover. I called and was connected to a person called "Cody". I told this person named Cody I needed to know the charge, date and for what for. My husband died Nov 14, just 4 weeks before.

This customer service agent for discover called "CODY" told me he would take off the $27 charge (BUT I COULD NEVER AGAIN GET A DISCOVER CARD!). I'm sure this kid has not even been born before 1987. I asked to talk to a supervisor at least 4 times. He told me No It's the best he could do! I have a hard time understanding why your business does not value customers. Trust assured I will never or recommend anyone to get a Discover card again. What a joke you are! I have paid your fee online and you will never hear from me again. TRUST ME.

If there was a negative star for Discover, I would give it. After months and months (and MONTHS) of payments at exorbitantly high interest charges (20% +, they said they were "unable" to lower my interest fee), I finally managed to pay off my Discover card. Or so I thought. When I called and talked to an agent (who indeed gave me the hard sell on why keeping the account open was better) I was told they couldn't actually close my account, but merely "deactivate" it. By not actually closing my account, they create a workaround where they can still charge you just for having the account, because it never is actually closed, full stop. They continued to send me emails stating that I owed them $** because of quarterly fees. It took me at least 3 phone calls and 6 emails threatening them with legal action, before they actually stopped sending me notices.

This is not to say that they don't think I still owe them money, it's just that I refuse to do it, and they should grant their customers the right to CLOSE their accounts when they are fully paid off, period. Attached is what was sent to me AFTER I paid off/closed (or tried to) my account in full. What a sh*t way to do business!

So I was fooled by their $0 fraud liability policy. I was easily approved for their card (Discover it) and had the card for about a year. Suddenly, after 1 year, my card was lost and someone used it to book for a Skydiving adventure in Colorado ($435) with a scam company called RushCube. I live in Pennsylvania. I was promised by Discover that they would take care of it. I thought they were honorable...oh boy I was wrong. After their investigation, that did not include talking with me. They decided to hold me responsible for a fraud I reported on time and was no fault of mine. Because of their recklessness, my FICO has gone down by about 60 points (740-686 now). They still harass me with phone calls every day asking me to pay for the cost of the SkyDiving I did not book nor enjoy. Please be warned, Discover will not protect you. Run away from them as far as possible.

They put an 8 day hold on my card. They have never done that because they are waiting for check to clear. I made payment online, money has been gone for days now, won't release hold. This is a secured card - which means this is MY money I'm using not theirs - even if I sent them a bad check and it didn't clear they still have my deposit and all payments have cleared since having card. Long story short, I might as well get my deposit back from these people because obviously they take your money then take away your access to it and don't care. Support was no help.

Discover card needs to be shut down. I personally suspended my account 15 months ago due high interest rates on the part of Discover card. Obviously Discover card does not want its users to use it. I have had the card for over 20 years. Yet they have treated me like a deadbeat. I have never been late in 20 years. They refuse to release the card 15 months later. Once again I did this on my own. It was supposed to be released back in August. I have not been given a reason for the release after calling and writing the consumer finance bureau. I can only Assume this is discrimination against a single mother! We need to boycott Discover! Disgusting card and disgusting service! A web page for Boycotting Discover card!

Back in 2014 I was ok with having a 8k limit and was able to afford it. Then Discover card took it upon themselves without my consent or signature raised my limit to over 10k. I didn't want to use it but had to due to loss of job and health reasons. Then I had noticed they were charging me 25% on cash advance and 20% plus other undisclosed charges on my account. I had checked the 0% checks for 12 months and had not been even close to the run out time. All I can say I had canceled my account with them. Never was I ever late over 30 days but was a few days late on two payments and now they are calling me to say they want to help me and belittle me into taking a couple percent lower than what I'm paying now. That is a slap in the face when the other cards that I have had for over 10 years never overcharged me and they worked with me to be able to decrease my interest.

So not sure where they come off at saying they're the best and won JD POWERS AWARD FOR THREE YEARS. Anyone can pay off someone to say nice things about them. This company is very crooked. They will cheat you at any time and say it's all your fault. Like I said I have 3 other cards I praise with customer service and was able to work with them and they were not money hungry creditors like Discover is. I brought up all their reviews and of course the good ones are always in front. They know how to manipulate the review systems, but go check out all 510 complaints against Discover and the thousands of bad reviews in the back that they try to hide.

They are a multi billion dollar company that takes advantage of the college students, elderly people, handicap people, and especially people that lost their jobs and have to take lower paying jobs and then they jump on that quickly and call you to tell you their concern and they want to help you by lowering your interest by 3% when Chase and credit unions give you 10% off and actually help you. The people at this company makes anywhere from 80k to 200k managers and the CEO makes 14 million a year or more for just answering calls to get you to sign up for direct deposit. Then if you do they take out whenever they feel like it. People we all must stand up to this giant and make them accountable for over charging interest rates, late fees to people that are suffering from this economy. Please read all the bad reviews and all the complaints and let's all get a petition signed and send it to the attorney general for caps on what they can charge.

Discover chose to close my credit card account because I had not made any purchases on it. Yes, it had been over a year, but they did not even inquire as to whether I was simply choosing not to use it. They just closed it! So beware, if they are not making any money/interest from you, you too may find your account closed FOR YOU.

It has taken us over a year and assistance from the Delaware Banking Commissioner to have Discover Bank release a Certificate of Deposit to my son who is now past the age of majority. False directions on how to do this, changes in requirements at least twice, bureaucratic obstinacy. Watch out for the document people in Utah! Do not know what they are doing. Meanwhile we have spent an inordinate sum of money and time to get money that was actually my son's released.

I saw an ad for a Sample a Wrinkle Cream. The ad stated they were looking for people to sample the product and that only the postage would be charged of a couple dollars. Request a credit card for the postage. When product arrived, I sampled it and believed it was the same as Walmart sells. At the end of the month, I received an invoice for my Discover Credit Card Charges. On it were two charges for $94.97 for the two different moisturizing products. My call to Discover was told they would remove the charges and notify the selling company. I received an email from Discover that the charges were removed.

Following month Discover Credit Card charged the amount back on my credit card. My call to them said they were told by the company that I ordered the product and did not notify them within the limited period that I wanted to cancel. She said if I did not open the sample, I could possibly get a refund. Discover felt that was an offer to credit my card, but obviously if I were sent a product to sample, how could I do that without opening the jar? Discover is a great credit card company for you who wish to perpetrate a fraud upon your customers. I have no choice, but to cancel my credit card with Discover in order to stop this Con as I have no control over how many times they plan to charge my credit card. Stay away from a Discover Credit Card unless you want every purchase you make be charged whenever the supplier requests money for whatever amount they desire and you have no choice in the matter.

I had a merchant DC Pro Movers fraudulently charge me and my fiance's card. They wrote an additional amount under the signed amount, under the line. My fiance had Chase Visa card and they ruled in his favor as did the courts. Discover ruled against me despite clear documentation that there was a manipulated charge receipt where the merchant wrote in an amount UNDERNEATH the amount signed for and underneath the original amount. I lost almost $1000 as a result. You cannot trust this card to protect your interests in a legitimate dispute with an unscrupulous, dishonest merchant. They will automatically take the merchant's side. This is incredibly dangerous because virtually any merchant who uses Discover can manipulate a charge to you and get away with it. I have switched to Chase visa now and one to close their Discover accounts before this happens to you.

I had a Discover Card Promotional 0% rate which expired on 5/27/16. The balance owed was $7010.00 at a 15.24% rate. An additional 0% rate expires 04/17. Once I use a promotional rate, I never use the card again for purchases. I have been paying well above the minimum payment, yet most of the payment has been applied to the Promotional rate, directly contrary to other credit cards (and to Discover Card's stated practice) of applying the minimum rate to the amount with the lowest percentage rate and anything above that to the expired rate. Consequently, I have seen the $7,000 amount rise to $7150.

I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Board and Discover Card responded with a boiler-plate explanation that simply reiterated most of the information I originally provided to the CFPB. I have provided proof that cards with higher rates have been applying amounts above the minimum payment to expired promotions, resulting in a consistent lowering of the interest-bearing principal owed. I believe that Discover Card deliberately applies most of the payment to the Promotional Rate so that when that rate expires, it can be tacked onto the interest-bearing amount, which has been increasing exponentially.

I would be interested in knowing whether anyone else has had a similar experience with Discover Card and if so, whether it was resolved. I will eventually pay off the card, but would caution anyone considering a promotional rate with Discover Card to be aware of what may well be a highly questionable application of payments made to expired principal amounts.

Discover card denied my purchase of gas because I went on a road trip and didn't get their permission first. My credit score is over 800 and I have used Discover card for over 10 years. They let me use the card a couple of times in other states and then at a crucial time of my road trip when I was off my path in a very unsafe area, 9 miles from being out of gas, towing a U-Haul... My credit was DENIED at the pump. I called them, they cleared me after I had to "sign up for travel!" DENIED again! I called back, cleared AGAIN!!! I went back to the pump... DENIED again. This time when she said it was cleared, I kept her on the phone while I used it..."DENIED". So she went in and checked something and came back and confirmed that I can use it ANY PLACE ELSE EXCEPT WHERE I AM STRANDED!!! I can only guess why... We tried too many times and at their fault for that?

I will be paying off my tiny balance and closing this account. I have tolerated the ridiculously high interest rates for far too long anyway. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! Discover card put my safety in danger by randomly denying my credit for no warranted reason. I was buying gas and food on my trip with the card NOT GUNS AND PORN!!! Everyone there saw that I was stranded and saw me calling Discover for help reading info from the card and saw that I couldn't get my gas to get out of there. I WAS AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!!! AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NO PLACE TO PUT IN A FORMAL COMPLAINT SO THIS IS IT!!! They will answer any questions I have with automated emails but they cannot fix what they have done to me. I want to go on the news for this! It's reverse discrimination. They are treating the card user like the thief to a point where the user can't use their own card!!! SHAME ON DISCOVER!!!

I was charged cash advance and I right away called customer service and spoke to Erin. I explained to him the situation that I was charged a cash advance fee when I made it as Credit and that I was not aware of the transaction being placed as cash by the merchant. I asked Erin to provide a refund as customer service since I was not aware it was processed that way. He denied my request and told me to call the merchant and have them refund me and repurchase the product again. I told him that was impossible since the transaction was already processed. He denied to offer me a waiver.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and after 5 minutes I was transferred to Michael from Phoenix. I told him the story again and asked if they could refund the $10 as customer service and he denied as well. Michael being a supervisor was not able to make the customer happy over $10 then his position is very questionable. The whole conversation with both of them I didn't feel listened nor serviced. Not my fave card anymore.

I have 7 Credit Cards, different Banks and a Discover card for over 15 months. I recently did a balance transfer into my checking account. After I applied online I got a call from their security department to make sure it was me who did it. The money was deposited in 3 business days. I have always gotten my rewards credited and to tell you the truth never had a problem with Discover or any other credit card companies. I also have my checking through them also. I read these complaints and I honestly do not understand them. I mostly do everything online any hardly have any communications with a real person. They make it so easy.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Discover is a leading direct bank and electronic payment services company. It’s one of the most trusted financial institutions in the country, and it has been operating since 1986, which is when it introduced the first cash rewards credit card. It provides international credit solutions and acquires 5,000 new customers every day.

• Cash back: The Discover It Card offers great cash-back rewards, including 5 percent cash back in rotating categories and 1 percent cash back on everything else.
  • Financial Education Center: Excellent online resource for those who need to learn about money management and how to stay out of debt.
  • Account freeze: If a card is lost or stolen, it's easy to freeze it by using the online app or by using their mobile app.
  • Free FICO credit score: Discover provides a free online FICO credit score for consumers who have an account.
  • Reputation: Discover has a great reputation as one of the largest lending institutions in the country. The company also has a wonderful reputation for customer service.
  • Convenience: The website makes it easy to apply for an account and set up payments.
  • Best for Consumers who have good-to-excellent credit, consumers in need of a balance transfer and consumers who need to establish or rebuild credit.

Compare Credit Cards