1.18/5

Last updated: April 13, 2018

4860 Chase Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

I used a Discover card for years before getting my new Visa Southwest Airlines card through Chase very recently. They gave me a measly new card member bonus in points and statement credit, but shortly after I received an awesome new card member offer in the mail for the same card. I called them to ask if they would honor the better offer, and they said they would put a request in to the marketing department, which was then approved. Six phone calls and 8 months later, I was finally told that they "couldn't find" any phone calls in which I gave them the information they needed, and that it was now past the 90 period so they would not honor it.

THEN I was told that actually through all of the phone calls I made, the real problem was "not their understanding of the original issue". So I basically talked to six people and described the situation to all of them, only to find out that the issue wasn't recorded properly into my account and they didn't know that was the issue at all. Ultimately after having to argue with them for months (except for 2 very nice people I spoke with), they revoked all of my statement credits, resulting in only giving me half of the original offer they claimed they'd honor. It's been a nightmare switching from Discover's amazing customer service to a company who wants to give customers the runaround like Chase does. I wish I had never gotten this card.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Got my Chase Sapphire about 2 years. Things were fine until I had a dispute. I made a hotel reservation through Booking.com for Inn Hotel Hong Kong in May 2017 for a 3 days stay in November 2017. Booking.com advertised 'free cancellation' with big letters on their site. I booked a 4 night at Inn Hotel and inadvertently selected the first item (which was non-refundable) and also selected 4 nights instead of 3 nights. I went back to the site and wanted to changed the date but it was locked. It wouldn't allow me to change so I clicked the cancel button. It was a total nightmare. I got a message saying the penalty was the full amount.

I contacted Booking.com. They referred me to contact the hotel. I sent an email to the hotel but their English was so bad. They said something like they didn't get the authorization from the credit card and suggested that I contacted Booking.com. I immediately (with 24 hours) called Chase to alert about the transaction. I was told it would be fine. I was billed for the entire amount in November 2017 from the hotel for no show. I called Chase about the dispute. They said that they would credit me the amount. If the merchant didn't dispute that for 2 billing cycles, the credit would stay permanently.

It was over 2 billing cycles and in February 2018 Chase reversed the credit and billed me again. I have contacted Chase and talked to different people, explained my situation over and over again. They would not reverse the amount. I tried to solve the problem with Booking.com, and the hotel. They both gave me run-around. I didn't get any help from them. I had to dispute my item for the service I didn't use. Chase failed to help me.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2018

They refused to reduce fraud charges on my 87 mother. They said it was a civil matter. The charges were made in a different city than where she resides. She does not drive or own a car. She doesn’t even own a computer. Worst customer. They are blaming my 87 year old mother when she is the victim!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I signed up for monthly parking at a garage and paid the initial month's fee (March 2018) online using Chase Freedom Card. At the same time I also applied for Commuter Card (a card through employer loaded with pretax dollars for parking) and planned to use it for my second month's parking fee (April 2018). However at the end of March when I was trying to schedule the payment for April online, I accidentally completed the transaction without being able to enter or verify any credit card information. I then realized the charge went on the Chase Freedom Card that I used once on that website before. For some reason it's been automatically stored after I initially used it. I intended to use my Commuter Card not the Chase card to pay for all parking fee so I immediately contacted the parking office to try to get the scheduled payment canceled since I was not able to do that online.

The person at the parking office provided no solution after two days. So I called Chase customer service to stop the payment. I was told the transaction is still pending and they won't do anything until it's posted. So I waited two days for it to be posted while continued communicating with the parking office about updates. It's been a week and I was transferred to talk to different persons by the parking office customer service and the incorrectly scheduled charge has not been fixed yet. I'm tired of spending hours with the parking office trying to get things fixed so I called Chase since the transaction is no longer pending now. However the customer representative asked me if I canceled my monthly parking.

Now it's April. Of course I didn't cancel the parking. I never intended to cancel it. I just wanted to use a different card to pay but the parking company website misled me during the transaction and charged to a credit card that I didn't authorize them to. She then said since I'm still parking there I received the service then it's a valid transaction we can't do anything. Technically speaking, when I first called Chase in late March I had not received the service (parking) yet. The customer service doesn't care either. Now I'm stuck with the merchant that never respond/take action and kept being redirected to a different person if I inquire about the status. Chase won't help protect its customer.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I'd had a Chase credit card for 34 years. The card was owned by different banks through the years from buyouts, etc. Chase owned it for the last 5-10 years or so. I received a letter from Chase telling me if I didn't start using my card they were going to close the account. So I immediately charged about $500 worth of stuff during Christmas holidays. They closed the account anyway. I called to complain and they said it was too late, the account was closed. They said I could open a new account if I wanted to. I said no. My credit score was around 825. After Chase closed my account it dropped to 750. I have a Chase Amazon card that I plan to close the account on soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: March 29, 2018

Shady Chase Ultimate Rewards Program is making me re-think about using Chase card and even having this card open. I booked a Car via the Ultimate rewards program using the points. During the booking the "Rules, Policies, Cancellations" mentioned that a cancellation fee equal to one day of rental will be applied if cancelled within 3 days of booking but was not mentioned anywhere that this fees will be charged to the credit card and will not be deducted from the points used for booking the car rental.

When I called to cancel, the arrogant agent says that they are not required to mention this during booking and will only tell the customers when they call for cancelling the reservation. I kept asking her why they are not required to mention this information while booking or in which terms and conditions they have mentioned that the fees will be charged to the card and cannot be paid with the points even when the booking is done solely with points. She just kept repeating the same message again and again that they don't have to disclose the information at the booking time and threatening that either have the fees charged to the credit card or lose all the points.

I wouldn't have cared about the credit card points if this card didn't have an annual fee. Charging card holders annual fee and then threatening them that you don't have to disclose how the cancellation fee will be charged ahead of time and asking them to just suck it up and pay the fees or lose the points is not the behavior of an ethical company.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got a Chase Reserve card two years ago having an excellent credit score. Since then, I had no late payments or high spending on this. One month ago I applied for Chase Marriott and Chase British Airways - cards. I already knew those cards as an "authorized user" from my partner account. A computer glitch made my applications sent before time to review and check mark for “authorized user” with these cards. Chase analysts asked and check my credit report with these two cards already under my name -but again they did not mention "authorized user" –level of cards usage. Next Chase took decision not only to deny my applications, but to cancel my other account Chase Reserve card.

I called several time number provided for review, get busy several times but finally get in touch with them. I did not argue on their decision, even I consider this a bad one. I have an excellent credit history with them and my credit score near 800. I concur with Chase that is their sole decision how to handle their credit. Also I concur with several people ideas about Chase customer care and I decided to avoid having business with Chase. I called them and asked about a refund of my yearly fee of $450 since I cannot use my card and benefits this year. The "supervisor " in charge stated the custom policy --they cannot refund because I overpass the deadline of 30 days from fee payment date--.

Under normal circumstances I will not argue further, but I did not initiate account close, I did not intended to ask for a yearly fee refund until some 15 days ago when I get the Chase email with Chase Reserve closed –news. Was logical to me since they did not need my business they will refund at least a pro-rata amount from yearly fee. But who cares about logic these days??? Since the people in charge is reading from a script with zero customer skills input I’m looking forward to the days when YOU will get in touch with Chase and a robot with 10 pre-recorded phrases will welcome you and goodbye you.

I spent hours over the phone with them for my refund. They had several ways to solve the issue –On their own Chase Reserve card benefits was a way to offset the charge “Receive up to $300 in statement credits annually as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card. “You think they did so? Please make sure you avoid Chase at all costs and stay away, choose not Chase, with better banks. There are plenty out there …

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have had a Chase credit card for many years (it was formerly another company that was taken over by Chase; now it’s a Chase Sapphire card). Several years ago, I joined the board of directors for our cooperative, and when registering as an officer of the co-op with Chase Bank (with whom the co-op dealt), I used my credit card as identity. Following that, they linked my credit card reward program to the co-op accounts without asking or notifying me, so that if I was not very careful, I might accidentally redeem my cash back as a deposit to those accounts instead of my own.

That seems a highly inappropriate process, especially for a financial institution as large and established as Chase. I have tried having those accounts “unlinked” by lengthy phone and online communications without success. The online responses have been evasive at best, ducking the question or pretending to misunderstand. The service personnel on the phone first tried saying it was something I did, and when that didn’t succeed, simply told me nothing could be done. So, I am not yet quite prepared to give up the credit card (close though!), but I am certain I will never, ever open any new accounts with Chase.

Original review: March 18, 2018

After making an accidental payment to Chase, I contacted their customer support to get it refunded. On the 13th of March I mailed in all paperwork that I was told was needed to get the process started. It is now the 17th and I was told it wasn't started because of paperwork that was missing; paperwork that was NEVER asked for to begin with. NOW I had told to submit that paperwork and the process will start. This is totally unacceptable!!! 6 reps later and I am still in the same spot with CHASE FREEDOM BANK.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I had a merchant fail to complete a job. When a mover drove away leaving my stuff (much of it broken) in the driveway, I filed a dispute for a portion of what I paid. The movers extorted money from me by threatening to sell my things, damaged many things, threatened me physically, damaged my driveway and landscaping with their truck, and left my things in my driveway in the rain. I had to pay another set of men to complete the move. After sending multiple letters, pictures, copies of checks, etc. Chase would not stand with a customer. Even though that same customer has had large balances, multiple mortgages and many accounts with them for over 40 years. They screwed me and I will never bank with them again. PayPal has treated me better much better. Worse customer service than Wells Fargo, and that is saying something.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have 2 Chase credit cards. I have made payments every month on time - EVERY month. I received notice that they have significantly reduced my credit limits on both cards due to the fact that I have other credit accounts. Given the fact that I have never made a late payment on their accounts, my other credit card accounts, mortgage, auto or any other debt obligation I have nor have I spent over the limit either this "policy" pisses me off because they have knowingly significantly increased my debt ration thus reducing my credit score with no regard. This is not a sign of client appreciation, rather a clear picture that we are just a number on paper to them. As a realtor I'm asked about credit and "which credit card should I get". While I never make specific recommendations I will ensure that I share my negative experience with Chase credit cards with them!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I called Chase credit card because I had problems accessing my account online; the system automatically verifies you when you enter the account number and some other info specific to the caller... But when I get customer service on the line, these people will only give their first name. I asked for some further type of ID, either an employee number or last name and CHASE EMPLOYEES ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY WON'T GIVE FURTHER ID! When I ask for a supervisor, they say "None is available".

\

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Case customer for about 14 years. Have never had a reason to switch. Make all my purchases on my Chase Freedom Card and pay the full amount monthly with auto pay from my credit union account thus earning cash rewards. Why use a debit card or carry large amounts of cash or hold up the line writing a check for my purchases. Have had some unauthorized charges which when reported were immediately removed and new credit cards issued. I guess 14 years of being satisfied speaks for itself.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have been using Chase Visa for over 10 years. I've taken advantage of the balance transfer promotions several times. Today I noticed they would charge interest on new purchases unless the All balances (the transfer and new purchases) are paid in full, even though you pay the balance transfer fee (3 - 5%) and the transferred balance does not incur interest a period of time (1 year for this promotion). All payments would only apply to the transfer balance, and not new purchases because they charge interest on new/old purchases unless all balances paid in full. Good thing, I got just under $30 new purchases which they charge $.27 per month. I'll stop using this credit card until the all balances paid off. I'll not use this card this card for anything else.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested. Received a year without any interest on purchases when first obtaining the credit card itself.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have had two credit cards with Chase for a long time, and I have my mortgage with Chase. I've carried the card in question since 1993. Received a letter a couple months ago stating my interest rate would rise from the current 10% to > 15%, a 50% increase. I have had this card for nearly 25 years and have never missed a payment, never had a late payment, and my current balance is about 23% of my limit. I contacted the bank after receiving the letter and the agent didn't seem to be aware of the letter when checking my file, and told me to wait and there was no guarantee the rate increase would go through. Well it did, so I contacted them again via phone.

When you call you have to go through an army of front-line "specialists" who give you the usual canned "we care about you as a customer" schtick but have no authority to actually do anything about an issue like this, so I asked to speak with her manager. I talked to a very terse and matter of fact guy and told him I didn't think it was fair to have my interests rates raised 50% when I was a longtime 25-year card holder with zero issues with holding up my end of the contract. He said that rates were being changed to fall in line with current interest rates and that they would not lower them. I told him that was not correct since my other Chase card's interest rate is 4.5%. His response was "well we might change that one too". I told him he could close the account and he said "well sorry you feel that way but I'll have to honor your request". I told him I didn't see how it benefitted Chase to raise interest rates if it meant losing a customer altogether. He said nothing.

Wrote an email the next day to their customer service, and got a short canned reply back - "I see you've already closed your account, thanks for being a Chase customer," etc. These people put up a front as if they care and value customers, but have ZERO loyalty. I am really frustrated and disappointed, and expected a lot better. It's all about the bottom dollar to them in the long run, and there is no reward for managing your finances responsibly. I promptly opened another credit card account online with another bank at a lower interest rate, and got approved in about 30 seconds. I guess my business doesn't really matter to Chase at all.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I paid off in full 2 Chase credit cards 5 days before the due date and was charged over $200 dollars interest 3 days after the due date. Scott the supervisor in customer service says it’s because the previous months had a balance. I also paid off a Bank of America and Total Comenity card and they gave me credits. Chase claims it’s a revolving credit and credit accrues as soon as you use it. You’ll never pay it off if that’s the case. I won’t be using it anymore as soon as I use up my 200,000 points.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I was solicited for Chase Freedom Card and determined should have a card not joint. I have near 800 credit core, a 25 year professional career, perfect payment history. And was well within the limit. I had a close friend stranded in Dubai. I notified Chase I would have charges to help friend in foreign country - no problem. I used card to $9,000, well within limit. Without any notification the card was blocked and closed. I contacted the executive area and told I had used the card to fast (called prior) and told balance to close to line. The limit was $13k and owed about $9.5k. My only logic to closure is I was totally disabled by drunk. My entire career was in corporate banking with another major and made no sense. What other real reason could account for closure. Never denied any credit prior, how can this happen and it affected friend stranded. They give you line, but can't use - yeah sure.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

On 1/1/2018, I was locked out of my house. It was about 9 pm 20 degrees. I called several locksmith services. This service told me the trip charge was $15 with a minimum of $50. I then received a call from the technician. I was told it would be $99 to open my garage. However, when the technician arrived, I was informed it would be $190 to open my front door. I said then open the garage for $99. I was then informed it would be $250 to open the garage. I stated I would pay the trip charge and call a different locksmith service. The technician informed me he would notify the locksmith services he was registered with to not send someone out so I said, "Go ahead and unlock me" - I asked for a receipt (none was given) because I wanted to note the issue.

Once inside, I contacted the locksmith service - their response was why do I care how much it costs I was in my house now. I then said I would dispute the charge with my credit card company - response was, "Good Luck with that!" I contacted Chase and was told to wait until the charges were no longer pending. After the charge posted on my account, I opened a dispute, I provided the texted receipt and the information. I only disputed $90 of the $100. Imagine my surprise when Chase closed the dispute. I called the Dispute dept and talked to Michael, a supervisor, who confirmed the dispute was resolved in favor of the merchant. When I informed Michael, I planned to contact my Chase Banker about the issue. Michael stated the banker could call the dispute dept but could not talk to Michael (unsure why).

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I don’t use Chase Card but my husband is using it. He spends too much money on his credit card that I can’t control. I decided to take over the incharge payment all bills in our family, and I used my bank account to pay. I mailed out checks for Walmart & Chase the same date, Walmart has posted transaction on Jan 11 (due date Jan 17) but Chase doesn’t post the transaction today (Jan 19) while I mailed out earlier than normal 7 days. There is no way for Chase not receiving the check under my name. It is like a scam company when I read over and over people rated them. I, myself have not ever paid minimum amount, even some months I used my credit over $2,000. I am going to tell my husband to cancel his Chase card tomorrow.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Never a single late payment or over-credit limit with this card or any other. Today I received a call from Mr. ** with Chase credit. He was very aggressive and rude to me about recent activity on my credit report. He informed me that a "random" review of my credit showed that I was using over 50% of my available credit (I'm a student and use credit cards for school and for my business). He proceeded to demand why I was using that much of my credit and further proceeded to ask me about my job, income, etc. After this, he placed me on hold and come back to tell me they were dropping my credit limit due to my updated credit information (PS: They sent me a new credit card last May without prompt AND, my credit score is actually HIGHER now than it was when I got the card). Avoid Chase at all cost.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I cancelled my 9-year credit card account with Chase today. Over the years, I had very few, if any, missed payments on my account. I paid my outstanding balance in full in November via the website. I did not pay attention to the emails I received after the payment about a balance on my account because I had paid it in full nor did I make any charges to the account. I checked my account today because I feared a scammer got the number and charged something. The charge on the account was for the interest due from when I had paid my account in full.

I called customer service to ask about the charges. I was told that if I had called the customer service line then I would have been made aware of the additional charges. I reiterated that because I did it online to save everyone's time, I was not made aware of the interest charge. I compromised with the customer service agent that I am willing to pay the interest charge, but want the late fees reversed. Naturally, the agent helping me had to contact someone else. The second agent stated they could only reverse one of the late fees.

After thinking about it, I called again and told them to cancel my card. Again, I was transferred to another agent. I spoke to the women about why I was cancelling my card and she could only say she was sorry to hear that. Out of frustration I stated, "It speaks volumes to me that a 9-year account holder is not as important to this company as a measly $15 late fee. You guys are not willing to try and work with me to save this account. This reinforces my decision to cancel my card with Chase services because they value the money more than they do customer loyalty." Again, the response was a "sorry, is there anything more I can do for you?" Big business needs to be reminded that it's the little people who made them big!

Resolution response: Jan. 19, 2018

I received a call from a Chase Employee that explained I was not properly informed from a previous Chase responder. He clarified the correct accrued interest and late payment days. I am still not satisfied with Chase. Will never use their card again. Horrendous policies and procedures in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I paid my monthly balance off in full. On my next statement there was a $10 Interest charge. After checking my account online and noticing this, I was quite surprised. I had $0 Balance that was reflected after paying online. This interest charge was paid 33 days after the due date because I receive paperless statements and had no reason to believe Money was owed. Chase reported this to the Credit Bureau and said that $10 Balance accrued days overdue from the Statement it came from that was paid in full. This interest charge was never known to me or shown on the statement. Yet Chase said I was over 60 Days late.

This is complete BS, wrong and Credit Slander in my opinion. How can I accrue late days on an interest charge I am not even aware of or notified of? I can't imagine how many other people they have done this to and are unaware Chase reported them and ruined or affected their credit? Let me know if anyone else has had this happen to them or something similar and let's get together against Chase.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My wife and I monitor our credit regularly. Chase has not reported the information to the credit bureaus with my wife's payment or balance information since AUGUST 2017. That's 5 months and as a result her credit scores are seriously impacted. There is a zero balance on the account and the credit companies have her utilizing 88% of available credit. She is an authorized user on my account and Chase had to issue me a new account number due to fraud. Now they have been unable or unwilling to correct the reporting of the zero balance. I have spoken with Emily ** the supervisor who has been extremely pleasant but totally useless. Today she advised me that she could not guarantee that this will be resolved. Incredible.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

CHASE allowed a hacker to purchase 10K of high end computer equipment on my card... never flagged it... and it's not like anything I've ever purchased. I'm not technical, this stuff is for hackers and gamers. It was shipped to me and I had to sign for it, because hackers aren't smart enough to change the mailing address to them. I opened it and didn't recognize anything in the box as something I'd purchased, so I figured I'd been hacked. Checked my account and sure enough, 10K was charged. Called CHASE immediately and told them what I just received. OK we will reverse charges... Transferred to fraud dept and told them the story. They confirmed charges would be reversed. GREAT. So what do I DO WITH THIS STUFF? I ask. I was told to keep it.

Received a letter a week or so later confirming they reviewed charges and reversed. I sell one item for a fraction of the cost, donate 20% to charity, lose the other item in a sale on eBay to a hacker because only hackers buy this stuff. 2 MONTHS LATER a crazy fraud department investigator calls me out of the blue and tells me she took over the case (it's open?) and she "discovered" I had signed for the items. Ummm yeah, I told YOU that 2 months ago when I called.

"Well you need to return the items to the seller". "WHAT? You told me to keep it." "WHO told you to keep it?" "The person I talked to that day in the fraud department. I'm sure there's a recording." "Well there's no notes in your file and I don't know who you talked to. It probably wasnt one of us." "One of us? Who? Chase? I didnt call a random number." "We are going to have to reverse bill you for these items." "You call me 2 months later out of the blue and tell me this? After I've already gotten rid of the items?"

Long story short. Chase is evil corporation that is sticking it to a 20 year customer for their own procedural mistakes. They have a recording of my call, this woman refuses to investigate it. She closed the case, just added 10K to my already maxed out 25K balance. My credit is ruined and I have to get a lawyer. GO TO HELL CHASE. I'm not backing down.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I do NOT recommend Chase Credit Cards, financial product. I used my Chase credit card to pay for auto-mechanic services. After discovering that the mechanic rendered incomplete and subpar services, I filed a dispute with Chase to refund me NOT the entire amount, but only 35% of the total paid. I paid the mechanic for multiple services, of which they completed half. I took the car back to this mechanic, he looked at it and said it was fixed. This wasn’t true. My oil gasket was still leaking, my fuses weren’t replaced, and the back drums still had issues. I had to take my car to another mechanic to get it fixed correctly. I filed a dispute for a refund with Chase. They asked for documentation from my second mechanic who worked on my car. I provided them with documentation. Yet they are still refusing to honor my refund.

When I opened this credit card, I was told the customer has a certain guarantee for goods and services. Looks like this isn’t the case at all. Chase does NOT care about customer satisfaction. I’ve had this card for almost 4 years, and this is the FIRST time I ever filed a dispute. Again, I’m only asking for 35% of the total amount paid. This is a very low estimate of the repairs that were completed by the second mechanic, because the first one didn’t fix them, yet they charged me for it. I’ve been on the phone for long periods of time to discuss this, but all Chase delivered was mostly rudeness, lack of understanding, and unwillingness to provide any kind of value to the customer. This is very badly done, Chase! If it weren’t for customers, you wouldn’t be in business. I have never filed a dispute for a refund before. Because of this matter, I’m considering canceling my credit card with Chase.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I thought Chase Bank would be a good fit for me. Boy was I wrong. I have had problems with them from the beginning. In the last 9 months I have not received my bill at least three times. No biggie right. Except that once you miss your payment date by just one day they turn your card off, charge you $37 and report this to credit agencies which reflects in your credit score.

If this had only happened once I don’t think I’d mind as much. This third time was the final straw. When someone has a credit score of 780 you just don’t do that kind of business. I immediately contact Barclays Bank and transferred my balance at 0% interest for 15 months! Fantastic deal from them since I’ve been a loyal cardholder for 11 years with, imagine, NO late payments.

They were more than happy to help me with this issue. No more Chase for me. I would not recommend this bank to anyone. They will try their hardest to ruin a person's credit. I just don’t understand how banks can treat their cardholders in this manner and stay in business. As for me, I will NEVER do business with them again and would encourage anyone who asked to stay away from Chase Bank. I can’t imagine they treat their account holders any different from their credit card holders. KEEP YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM CHASE!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I’ve had several credit cards in my life and this is the only one that’s caused me so many problems. I had fraud attacks on my account, called to let them know and to completely close the account. I specifically stated I did not want another account opened. Several times. Yet they went ahead and opened another account and I’m still 4 months later receiving billing statements. I cannot believe that they would open an account without my authorization. I am completely furious and no one listens to me when I try to explain so that only angers me more. I would NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone. In fact I’ve already steered a lot of my business people away thankfully. What a disaster of a company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Here is my experience with them. Back in Jan of this year I was looking into getting a lower interest rate credit card. So I did some research online and found a Chase Freedom Card. So instead of entering my information online I called into the helpline. I went through all of the information with the representative. I was very thorough because I didn't want to get into something that was not right for me. My biggest thing was that I didn't want any balance transfer fees that most cards said that they had. If I asked him once I asked him 10 times, "There are no balance transfer fee correct," he responded every time, "that there were no balance transfer fees". So I had him process the application. After he processed the application and got my information on the balance transfer he went through all of the terms and conditions of the balance transfer.

As he was going through the terms and conditions I heard him say that there was a "fee for this balance transfer". I immediately stopped him to question. He then stated that there was a balance transfer fee after he already had everything set up. I was over the top mad! I told him to cancel everything that I didn't want the card! He assured me that the card would be canceled. I assumed at this point that it would be done. Well I was wrong. In March I received a phone call that I have a payment due on my Chase card. I responded with, "I don't have a Chase card" and they sent me over to the fraud department. After that lengthy process and countless phone calls we determined that he never canceled the card and did in-fact transfer the money. I am still trying to get this figured out. As I said at the top do not even consider them for a credit card, there is a lot of cards out there find a good one!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I wrote a Cash Advance Chase Check for $500 and deposited in my bank account. Chase denied payment of the check but charged my credit card for the $500. I have been trying for 4 months to get them to correct the error and they refuse to take responsibility for it. I would advise anyone never to use their cash advance checks. I am not sure it is not a scam. I am still trying to get them to take the erroneous charge off my account.

Chase expert review by Beverly Harzog

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.

• Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.

• Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.

• Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.

• Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.

• Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.

• Best for: Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information