Chase Credit Cards
1.12/5

Looking for a great Credit Card?

Chase Credit Cards

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

4899 Chase Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I've been using this card for 2 years. The card itself is pretty good for cashback offers and points redemption. However, I've discover a HUGE downfall in this benefits program. Chase claims that this card insure your delayed luggage up to $100 a day for up to 7 days. And based on my personal experience this is a deception. My luggage was delayed by airline for 5 days. I've provided all the proofs of it, but the process of proving me right took about 2 months and they basically old me that I'm not eligible for ANY compensation. Be mindful, that not ALL benefits which this card provides are completely true. There are a few similar cards on the market which customer service is not a joke.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I went to the bank to deposit a check that was sent to my husband who died this year. In the past, I was told by the bank that I would have to provide documents from the court that would allow me to deposit checks written to him. This I did and presented them to a banker. The banker deposited several checks in my account. The other day I went to the bank to deposit another check written to my husband and fell into the hands of K. ** --- Her help consisted of telling me it couldn't be done to finding that it could be done but accusing me of forgery because she found a check that had been signed by me with my husbands' name and my name.

My husband and I before his death had a joint account at this same bank, She refused to speak with the other banker who had originally handled the matter for me. I told her that this situation would no doubt occur again and if they wouldn't help me then I would have to close my account. She replied, "I can do that right now", in a very dismissive manner. I told her that I would appreciate it if she did not speak to me in such a condescending manner. I took one of her cards and told her that I knew how to close my account, and left the bank. I drove less than a mile away to my other bank and the check was deposited in a few minutes without any hassle. I am an 80-year-old widow who has been a customer of this bank when it was called NBD, that is over 50 years a customer and to be treated in such a nasty and demeaning way was unbelievable.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Just called Disney Chase inquiring why my account has been closed. I made a large purchase, on a very small balance, and they closed it because I used 90% of my available credit. Isn't that what the card is for, emergencies?? I pay more than the minimum every month and intend on paying this account in full by the end of October. I always refuse the increase in my available credit by the bank, I don't need it. The recent purchase was not unreasonable. Is it unreasonable to expect a credit card company that I have be with from its conception, to be loyal to its longtime customers? So now an inquiry will need to be made, it's not worth it! I'll continue with my one other credit card, Goodbye Disney!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I wanted to get more 'bang for my buck' at Amazon so I signed up for the Chase Prime card. I was approved and have a $4900 limit. Issue #1: They have my name misspelled on the web account but correct on the card. So I ask to have my last name corrected. Their response: "Sorry, I can't do that. You need to go to a Chase brick and mortar." NOPE! Issue #2: I wanted to get a credit limit increase to $10,000. I have a credit rating of 829. They wanted to do a HARD PULL of my credit which impacts your score (and not a soft pull which does not affect the score). NOPE! I'll keep the card, pay it off monthly ONLY to take advantage of Amazon's Prime point back. If it wasn't for Amazon I'd cancel this card right NOW. Incompetent buffoons!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I requested to transfer 210,000 Chase points to Korean Airline on August 24, 2018. That day was the last day to transfer points from Chase to Korean AirLine. Korean AirLine is one of a few airlines which has "Round the World Bonus" program. It requires 140,000 points. Chase only transferred 1000 point instead of 210,000. That destroyed my dream to travel the world. When I confirmed that the request was done properly on August 30, Chase said everything was done correctly, and wait for 7 business days.

After 7 business days, they said 1000 points was transferred instead of 210,000 points on September 6. I begged them to do something about their mistake. They said "Chase will send a letter within 7 business days." The letter said they transferred 1000 point on August 24 and cannot transfer additional points. 1000 points does do anything for me. That was the reason I requested to transfer 210,000 point. They made a big mistake and did not do anything for that. I think everybody has to know that and prepare for that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Here is my exp: the priority pass is a terrible thing which they have a tie up with. Don't get into this unless you read its reviews. The only good thing supposedly is 3 points on travel? and $300 travel credit but they charge $450 for that. I personally couldn't get admission into any lounges using priority pass and then I read it on internet hundreds of people complaining about it. I have BofA platinum plus rewards and I still bought this for lounge access at airports, but it's terrible.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I made a donation of $70 online to a charity organization and was sent a receipt $14,000.00 for the donation. I immediately contacted Chase and reported the issue. Chase advised me to wait until the bill is posted and then dispute it. Few days later the bill posted and I contacted them, guess what they said they can’t do anything about it and that I should contact the charity organization. A couple of weeks later Chase sent me a letter that the issue is resolved and I was billed $14,000.00 to pay.

I checked on the charity organization website and found that they don’t refund any donation. I finally found someone and spoke, he promised to help me out and after 2 weeks of multiple phone communications, the money was refunded back to my Chase account. What a relief!!! From talking to co-workers, I learnt they always side with merchant in dispute and if your card is stolen and used, they make you responsible. No more using Chase credit or debit card for me and I have advised my family and friends to stay away from Chase.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have had this card only 2 months and I have had an issue with 90% of my intended purchases. My purchases are declined almost every time, and when I check, I have ample credit available. At first I thought it was Amazon, but a purchase I tried to make this evening was again declined. I went to the Chase website and it stated I had zero available credit despite the fact that I had paid the card off last week and only had $40 in a pending purchase.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

"I WOULD REQUEST NOT TO GO FOR ANY OF THIS COMPANY'S CREDIT CARD EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEST BENEFITS AND REWARDS." I applied in the month of July. They said they want my state ID and SSN to be mailed to them. I send my application again. Called them. They say that my application is no longer active and have to reapply. Ok reapplied, sent the documents and then they say documents are not clear! I send them an email of my document which again took them 2 weeks to process. Now it's September 10, 2018, I still have not received credit card and my application is still in process. While the representatives to whom I was talking were really BAD and never understood anything and sometimes were rude too. "I would request not to go for any of this company's credit card even though they have the best benefits and rewards."

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Fraudulent charges appeared on my credit card for internet purchase. After removing charges initially they were reapplied. I could not prove I had not made the purchase so I had to pay for 2 basketball tickets from Stub Hub. I canceled my card.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Ever since I opened an account with Chase it has been a hassle making transactions. They have held credit and frozen my account several times claiming "fraud alert" but the one time I dispute a charge they decide to side with the merchant even though I had proof that the merchant made two charges for 1 product that I purchased. Beware if they transfer you to Amit **, he is incompetent and does not use common sense. After a couple months of playing tag on the phone he denied my dispute so I have to pay for the money they stole from me, so I'm closing my account and will tell anyone I can to not use Chase and their credit cards. They are not here for the consumer, they do not care.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I first called about a charge that shouldn't be on my account for $114.00. At first they acted very nice and told me not to worry about the charge, it will not reflect on my account. Then they send me a letter saying: We've blocked this charge from the merchant... and then it says "you shouldn't see this charge on your account in the future". First I'm told that this wont reflect on my account, and now I "shouldn't" see this charge on my account in the future. They say one thing on the phone, then they tell you about future charges in a letter.

Anyway... I went to my online account, and sure enough the charge was added to me total. So I went to dispute the charge again and get (sorry) another foreigner (and not Philippine) who has an attitude when talking to me... not polite at all. I think as soon as I get the card paid off (couple months) I will say adios to my Amazon Chase card. Stay with Capital One Credit Card... They treat you right, talk to you like you're a human being, and they take care of the problem. They actually go above and beyond. Without even asking, they set me up with notifications of any charge made to me card. I Love Capital One!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Chase is NOT a good credit card company if you have an emergency - I took my son college and flew home. I maxed out my Chase card on the trip. I reserved a car to drive home but when I went to pick up the car they wouldn’t give it to me because all I had was a debit even though the reservation was made with a debit card. Called Chase to give me temporary emergency increase but they wouldn’t do it without a hard credit check. Do NOT get a Chase card.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

7/26/2018 I opened a dispute with Chase. Case #: ** Between 7/26/2018 and 8/16/2018 - Marginal ** from Chase and I played phone tags. We left at least 5 voicemails for each other. She was looking for information. We were able to speak only twice and I provided information she needed. Once when I called, I didn't have credit card on me so I couldn't verify the CC#. As a result she didn't provide any service that day. 8/16/2018 - I called to report that I've misplaced my CC and also discuss this dispute with someone. Miguel was the new specialist that "tried" to help me.

Summary of our conversation on 8/16/2018: After providing all the information he asked for, he put me on hold to try to get hold of the resume service provider (The Job Sauce), they didn't answer. He came back on line and asked me to call him "EVERY HOUR" so he can try to get a hold of the service provider. I asked why he can't call and talk to them without having me on the phone, he said call volumes are so high and Chase can't do that. And since service has been rendered, they can't just refund me. I argued that service I received isn't a service I was promised and I'm not satisfied... He kept repeating himself. Absolutely no customer protection like AMEX offers. No resolution offered to the problem on hand. Customer service is at the lowest level possible. Bottom line, stay away from this CC provider.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I'm a longtime client of Chase. I am very frustrated! Every time I make a purchase from one of my merchant suppliers, using either my debit, business debit, or my credit card, I have to call the Chase Fraud Prevention phone number and go through the hassle of verifying my identity and attempting to run and rerun the charge for the purchase. It wastes hours. Instead of a quick click and done, I am clicking, waiting, calling... And then having to try to do the purchase again. This from a merchant I order from twice a week on average. Seriously?!?!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Where to start- initially I wanted to look into opening a new credit card, I have been using the same Wells Fargo account for about 12 years now and thought it would be nice to add a new account to my credit score. Heard about Chase offering a free balance transfer and 0 apr for 15 months, figured I would try it out and transfer over some money to have a 0 APR while it sat. For starters- I filled out the application and the card opened with a LIMIT of 2,500. Is that a joke? I literally am a homeowner with 2 cars paid off and 3 other credit cards with over 20,000 in limits. Chase opens at 2,500? And on top of that- they charged me a balance transfer fee of $100.

I went into the bank and they explained only 1 of their credit cards has the 0 balance transfer fee, and I opened the wrong card. I told them I don't care what the card is called, Freedom or Sapphire, I am looking for the promotions to be applied. Can't adjust it- so I paid them $100 to hold a balance of $2,000 for 15 months. I paid it in full on the 15th month. They then charged me interest on the final bank statement after paying the card in full. Of course they did. I called them and just another "No we cannot make an adjustment, you paid the bill in full 3 days after the cycle date".

Their website only has the option to make "min" payments automatically, obviously I would have wanted to apply a FULL payment but I had to wait for my automatic min payment to process. Another option WF has on their cards is to make specific payments amount, not min or max ONLY. I really hate this bank and these fraud shady business practices. Congrats on getting $137 out of me for a card I had open for 2 days and never used or wanted. I am so happy I don't do business with these people, this bank is the definition of crooks. I opened a card with BOA in addition to my WF account, been happy with them in addition to WF.

Stay away from Chase, there is a reason there are so many bad reviews on this bank. The branches are probably fine (which is why Yelp reviews dont showcase the real problem) with nice staff, however when it comes to the actual bank practices- they are extremely shady. They has absolutely no way of ever removing a fee, even if it is their error. Keep that in mind before you open an account, knowing if there is ever any issue or mistake- YOU will pay for it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

At the time I signed up for this card the promotion said that the card would be interest free for one year. I checked my bill and they've been charging me interest for months and I haven't even had the card a year yet. I called them to discuss this issue and was told that it was only interest free if you paid the balance off within 30 days. That's just not correct, every card is interest free if you pay it off within 30 days. That's not something that you'd advertise as being interest free for one year. This must violate some sort of Truth in Advertising Law... or are we as a society not even pretending that we're trying to honestly represent products and policies anymore.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

So I was just denied a Chase Freedom credit card after a 20+ year history with Chase. I have AX, Capital One Quicksilver, Citibank, and the bank where I maintain my checking and savings does not see me as fit to have their card. My CS are 725 and 696. If I had known this would happen I would certainly not have applied as it will impact my credit score. I will happily continue to deal with AX who has been great as well as Capital One and Citibank. I have to maintain the checking account at Chase as it is tied to my direct deposit, however, I will be shopping around for a place to keep my savings account. They are not a consumer institution.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Tried to transfer rewards points from Chase to SW airlines. Online system informed me that only my husband (primary account holder) could transfer the points to a household person in good standing, or something. No way to put my name in. I, wife, have a card (Chase Sapphire Credit Card) and pay the bill. Somehow Chase removed me from the account, then put me back on... but didn't bother to fix the rewards information. Call them: nothing they can do for 10 days as they must contact the marketing department who will research it and send me a letter. Now I am paying $1200 in airfare instead of using my points. Chase has no one (NO ONE) who can override the mistake... only the marketing department. Will be research new cards. Not that Chase cares.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I recently paid off my account for $2600 in full. Every payment was made on time. In June my credit score dropped down almost 100 points. I thought someone used my card. Chase had put a $38.00 interest charge on me and never notified me. I never received an email, phone call or notice via US Mail. I had no idea it was due and it went into collections. I disputed it with TransUnion and they investigated it. Chase told them the information was accurate and I never had a chance to plead my case. I immediately closed my account and did not receive any rewards that were promised me. I will never deal with these crooks again. They are nothing but a crime syndicate and charge more interest than the Mafia.

Original review: July 28, 2018

My card only has $37.00 for a balance and I was charge $65.42 in interest fees, WTH is that. I filed a complaint and the messed up part is this card was paid off for a month so there is no reason for such a ridiculous charge. People we gonna have to keep watch on the interest we are being charged and for how much.

Original review: July 27, 2018

With Chase rewards program their customer service booked a ticket in March 2017 for my son and we cancelled it. They issued a credit with JetBlue for $1031.56. I called back Chase rewards program in January 2017 to book a ticket for myself using the credit and after waiting for 1 hour on the phone I talked to 3 different people telling me 3 different things. One telling me that I could not use the credit for someone else than my son, another said that I could use it for myself, and another told me that it would cost me almost 40% of the amount in the credit in penalties to use the credit to issue another ticket but that the credit will not expire!

After being completely turned off with this situation, I did not use the credit. But I called again months later to book a flight knowing the circumstances, but at my big surprise now they are telling me that the credit expired! I checked directly with the airline and indeed there was a 1 year expiration on the bank credit issued at the time. I have been screwed from over $1000 because of people from Chase Rewards program who provided the wrong information and was misleading me. This is unacceptable!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have been a member of Chase for 4 years and only carry their Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon credit cards. Over the course of 4 years, I would call in to request a credit limit increase and their policy is they have to perform a hard-pull on my credit reports. Out of all the other creditors I have, Chase is the only one who not only requires a hard-pull for a credit line increase, but they don't perform automatic increases. I do not need the extra money, but a higher credit utilization to bump my score. I might as well apply for a new credit card if I'm going to endure the damage of a hard-pull.

In that regard, I closed both of my credit cards with Chase. After being a great member over the course of 4 years without one late payment, I don't deserve a hard-pull when Chase can easily do as all other creditors do... perform a soft-pull for a credit limit increase. I do not recommend Chase. They have high interest rates anyway, which is why I always pay my balance in-full each month.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am 67 years old and in all of my years I have NEVER dealt with a worse company than this bank. I was a victim of identity theft on my Chase card and they left me hanging out to dry and took the side of the hacker. That's all you need to know about these people. If I say more, I could only use curse words. A horrible, despicable group of cretins who would steal from their mothers to further their agenda.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I wanted to sent money to a friend using QuickPay like I usually do. This day, I did it the exact same way I always did. So far, no issue, my friend always received the money without trouble. But this time, nothing arrived on his bank account. I've been advise that the money is on a Chase bank account even though my friend NEVER opened a Chase bank account. The customer service opened a claim that they immediately closed, saying that it was my fault because the transfer has been initiated from my person. The only thing I don't get is how, by doing the exact same process, the money can end up in different bank accounts?! And, one precision: my friend didn't change his phone number and other people transferred him money since I did and it worked. Results: I lost $100 and Chase doesn't even try to help me recovering the found... A shame!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I set up an autopayment for my Chase Visa card a month or so ago, and when I woke up a few days ago, I received an email saying my credit card was never paid. Chase deleted my automatic payment without my authorization. I ended up with a 25.00 late fee and I ended up paying my credit card payment plus the fee. When I called, I never received an apology for THEIR mistake and instead of sending me a check for 25.00 they deducted it from my Visa account. Meaning... I have to use my Visa card to use it. I am furious and I plan to close my account. Chase bank is a SCAM!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been a customer in excellent standing with the Chase Credit Card Company since and have had a recent dispute over the relatively small amount of $89.00. The dispute has taken a long time to be resolved, causing much aggravation and waste of precious time. I previously contacted customer service to inquire as to what paperwork was needed to resolve the dispute. I mailed in proof of payment and provided all information, as requested. Today I received another phone call from a representative who did not leave a clear message.

This resulted in my having to call several times to finally get to the individual I needed to speak with. I spoke with Michael from Texas, a dispute resolution supervisor who informed me I needed still further proof of payment! I stated that I had provided the proof as requested by the first representative. We went back and forth until Michael told me he was closing the dispute. This was his way of “resolving” the issue. Then he disconnected the phone call. I again called and spoke with Ariel, another dispute manager, to no avail. I believe this is no way to service a longstanding customer with excellent credit history. Why must a customer be forced to “ jump through hoops” to settle a dispute? How much rudeness and indifference should be tolerated?

I am now forced to reopen a dispute for $89.00 that should have been settled easily and efficiently. I am a very dissatisfied customer with the service I have received from the Chase Credit Card Company. In fact, I will do my business with The American Express Card Company in the future. They know how to service their customers in the most efficient and professional way.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was member of a Chase credit card since 2003, but didn’t use it much because unpleasant experience in the past. The past month I made a large purchase on the credit card, and had to dispute the transaction. On June 1 I faxed a request to open a dispute, and have a proof that the fax went through. On June 6, I contacted customer service, and was informed that they didn’t receive the fax. The same day I sent a message through Chase’s secure messaging with the request to open a case, and received a response: “We received your dispute for a transaction on your credit card account. We're working on it now, and we'll respond to you with a phone call or a letter through standard mail.”

On June 15 I contacted Chase customer service, and was informed that dispute case wasn’t opened, and dispute department never received my email. Chase bank is the most unprofessional and inconsiderate business. I had more problems with them than with all banks combined. I would NOT recommend to open Chase account.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My wallet was stolen. They drained my account. Called customer service and Gave them police report number and everything, based on their opinion. It was not fraud. Which it was. Clearly several different handwriting on a deposit slip. They say the joint holder, withdrew the money. Please someone tell me, if that was the case HOW COME HE WITHDREW OUT WITH MY NAME AND NOT HIS. (Flipping Dumbest ** I've ever heard). I also had someone hacked my joint acct holders card, we called about 4Xs in 6 months. The representative knew what happened and told us. But needed to talk to him, but he was working 7/16s hard for us to talk to them. It was too late, so I never got money back. My income tax completely disappeared and transactions taken out 2 checks ago are coming out this week's check. DO NOT USE CHASE!!! They flipping SUCK **!!! There are more details about this situation(s).

Original review: June 12, 2018

I'm new to the credit world. I apply for a few credit card to start building credit. Got approved for Amex and Chase Freedom. So I decided to apply for another Chase card. My application was under review so they told me to wait. So while waiting I broke my iPhone 6 so went to get a new phone. To get the deal on a new phone I had to get a new line with a new number so that's what I did. After my new phone I call Chase to inform them that I have a new number. They sent me straight to fraud protection which I have no problem with. They said they need more verification so I went to Chase bank (which I have a checking account with) to have my ID fax from a Chase branch itself.

I call them 24 hr later to inform them that my information have been fax. They said just give them 7 days and they will get back to me via mail. Well within that 7 days they closed my only Chase credit card which I've paid on time and had a balance of $70. I'm not mad that my account is closed. I'm mad that my credit score will be affected from this nonsense. I will be closing my checking and anything else I have with Chase. Due to the fact that I've done nothing wrong and they closed my account before notifying me. What a PCS of **!!!

Chase expert review by Beverly Harzog

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.

• Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.

• Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.

• Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.

• Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.

• Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.

• Best for: Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
    Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information