2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
Learn more
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 28, 2020

A: I opened an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card for the purpose of Amazon purchases only. I never carry the card with me. For the first time in all my online years, I mistakenly responded to a fraud which appeared as Amazon. Once I realized the situation, I immediately contacted Amazon and Chase, set up alerts with Chase, etc. When someone tried to get cash at a Walmart (I guess using a cell phone) on my Chase card, Chase immediately notified me they had closed that account, set up a new account, and advised Amazon. I pay each billing in full and never pay interest. The points add up and have saved considerable dollars for me. Chase action was very fast to resolve this issue. I recommend this card. And, pay attention to all email that appears to be from your retailer and be sure the retailers name is in the email address from which it came!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I primarily use the Chase Amazon rewards card - however I do have other Chase cards. We do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon due to our rural setting and we average ~$30 /month in Amazon "cash". We also have most of our monthly bills on the card as well. We are extremely diligent to pay off the card at the end of each month - otherwise the rewards amount would really dwarf the amount of interest accumulated each month. Although the interest rate on the Chase Amazon card is better than some/most, it's still in the 20's% range. I recall back when we first got the card (5-10 yrs ago) there was an introductory rate of 0% for about a year. This allowed us to do about $15K improvements around the house at an affordable interest rate (allowing us to make double or triple monthly payments) that was converted to a low interest rate loan with a much lower principal after the year was up. I have no idea if this program is still in place.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I really like the ability to combine points from many different cards seamlessly to apply them to whatever I want. Other cards have left me with small amounts that are not very useful, but small amounts from several cards adds up to a really nice points balance that can be used for virtually anything, with a particularly good value for travel when you combine with a premium level card. I do wish those didn’t have the annual fee of course but starting at $95 is not too bad overall. Statement credits are awesome when you are short on cash. I love my freedom bonus awards quarters, they can be a lot of fun to figure out ways of maximising points opportunities. Buying gift cards at various stores included in a particular quarter is one way to spread your bonus points further.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I feel that it is VERY important to share positive news about a company I have been a customer with for a while. Of course I needed help with my April payment. Chase set up a toll free number that you can call, it's all automated and processes your request for a deferred payment. The system approved me for 3 months. Do you know how much that will help!? Yes I know interest will still be charged, but that's in the agreement I acknowledged when I got the card. No big deal. This process was very quick and easy. I appreciate Chase for that process and will continue to maintain my relationship with them. Great job!!??

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statements it all broken out by cardholder. The points are fantastic and they have the BEST selection of gift cards to choose from. Amex has a poor selection of gift cards to choose from and it requires more points than through Chase. Chase Gift card delivery is quick and easy. The phone service is what really sets Chase apart from Amex though. You can instruct the call center to not put you through all the ridiculous prompts and get right into queue for a live representative. Also....seems like their call centers are in the US, which is a plus. Can't say enough good things about Chase Ink Business cards. Far better than Amex Platinum!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Chase decreased my limit, knowing my family has had hardship due to Covid and in turn dropped my credit score significantly. All of my other credit card companies have waived late fees, eliminated minimum payments, increased my spending limit, or deferred payments. Chase is the only company that did anything like this. That’s poor customer service, in my opinion. Hurting a customer when they’re experiencing hardship for their own benefit is wrong. My minimum payment has now skyrocketed, because of the interest they now want to collect. I will never open another account with them again. Terrible company.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Very reliable card. It's accepted widely and good interest rates that allow me to better manage my budget. Customer service is very friendly and helpful. It is a card for the people, a caring institution in this world of often greedy establishments.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Easy to access online, reasonable access to phone help. Reasonable interest rate. Love the points choices each month! I usually pick the Amazon gift cards!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

My Chase cards all have rewards that result in cash back or points for hotel stays. After Christmas each year, I am able to use my cash rewards to make payments on the accounts. This is very helpful in covering holiday gifts.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

My Disney Chase is the best credit card I've ever had. Their customer service is second to none. They've waived late fees in the past because I always pay on time. I also earn Disney money, which is fantastic!

Chase Credit Cards Company Information