2. Finance

Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5
Based on 1,769 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statements it all broken out by cardholder.

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My family and I and even my boyfriend we all have Chase. Never had a one single complaint. The customer service rep I spoke with waived the $30 fee to stop automatic payments on my card, which I very much appreciated. My mother was a victim of fraud , they launched an investigation and refunded my mom her money. I literally do not have on single complaint I have never one problem with my check or credit card acc. I recommend them to everyone! Chase keep up the great customer service and company in general. I will never switch.

Original review: July 28, 2020

A: I opened an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card for the purpose of Amazon purchases only. I never carry the card with me. For the first time in all my online years, I mistakenly responded to a fraud which appeared as Amazon. Once I realized the situation, I immediately contacted Amazon and Chase, set up alerts with Chase, etc. When someone tried to get cash at a Walmart (I guess using a cell phone) on my Chase card, Chase immediately notified me they had closed that account, set up a new account, and advised Amazon. I pay each billing in full and never pay interest. The points add up and have saved considerable dollars for me. Chase action was very fast to resolve this issue. I recommend this card. And, pay attention to all email that appears to be from your retailer and be sure the retailers name is in the email address from which it came!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I primarily use the Chase Amazon rewards card - however I do have other Chase cards. We do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon due to our rural setting and we average ~$30 /month in Amazon "cash". We also have most of our monthly bills on the card as well. We are extremely diligent to pay off the card at the end of each month - otherwise the rewards amount would really dwarf the amount of interest accumulated each month. Although the interest rate on the Chase Amazon card is better than some/most, it's still in the 20's% range. I recall back when we first got the card (5-10 yrs ago) there was an introductory rate of 0% for about a year. This allowed us to do about $15K improvements around the house at an affordable interest rate (allowing us to make double or triple monthly payments) that was converted to a low interest rate loan with a much lower principal after the year was up. I have no idea if this program is still in place.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I really like the ability to combine points from many different cards seamlessly to apply them to whatever I want. Other cards have left me with small amounts that are not very useful, but small amounts from several cards adds up to a really nice points balance that can be used for virtually anything, with a particularly good value for travel when you combine with a premium level card. I do wish those didn’t have the annual fee of course but starting at $95 is not too bad overall. Statement credits are awesome when you are short on cash. I love my freedom bonus awards quarters, they can be a lot of fun to figure out ways of maximising points opportunities. Buying gift cards at various stores included in a particular quarter is one way to spread your bonus points further.

Original review: July 21, 2020

What I like about Chase is their variety of rewards cards. I started with their Sapphire Preferred card and I always got comments on the actual weight and feel of the card. Loved it, but not the annual fee. The great thing was that Chase made it very, very easy to simply switch it to their Freedom card which didn’t have a fee. I did like that about Chase. Their online management tool is very professional, not as simple as Citi or Discover though. I would say their customer service makes up for it as I’ve been able to resolve any issues I’ve had by calling or sending a message online.

Original review: April 9, 2021

CHASE will never get my business again. I've been a long, loyal customer for over 10 years, with two different credit cards with CHASE. Out of the blue in January 2021, I tried to use my Sapphire credit card and it was declined at the store. I check my account and my two cards have been closed without my notice. No emails, no phone call, no mail. Just closed.

I've never been late on a payment and my credit score is excellent. I call a representative to ask what is happening and they told me that they could give me no further information, only that they could not reopen my cards. When I probed further, they started speaking about my AMEX card and how I have a balance on it- to which I replied, what does AMEX have to do with you, CHASE? My credit score is excellent and I've had no personal issues with you- the representative stuttered and couldn't answer me. I'm sure that this bank is reevaluating their bottom line and closing customer accounts that aren't making any money for them. I am being punished because I don't pay a ridiculous amount of interest to them each month and because I know how to work balance transfers to AMEX. 10 years down the drain. Goodbye.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Chase Customer Service gave me incorrect info about disputing a charge posted to my credit card account. The Chase dispute team supervisor that I spoke with was more interested in how I expressed my concerns, rather than listening to my concerns. I asked her to put someone on the phone who was capable of speaking with a person who was upset, and that the manner in how I spoke was how I speak. I was then told by the Chase Dispute team that the Chase Customer Care team provided me with inaccurate information and did not know the dispute process.

The dispute team supervisor then apologized for her" misunderstanding" that she ascribed to me as "yelling" and acting "unprofessionally". She offered me a $100 courtesy certificate. All, that I wanted from her was respect as a long time and loyal customer, not a $100 courtesy certificate. However, I did accept the courtesy certificate. And, she continued to be dismissive throughout the entire encounter.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just received a bill from Chase Bank showing interest being charged on my United Explorer Credit Card account. Well, it appears that we mistyped an online bill payment three months ago and have been getting charged interest since then, even though the account has been paid in full for the last two (now three) months!. In calling for an explanation, it appears that somewhere in their fine print, their contract now says that if you miss even one payment, you will be charged interest for an additional two months beyond the first month you were charged interest as a penalty for missing that one payment regardless if you pay the bill on time.

We've had this account for years and always pay our bills on time and have credit scores over 800 on all three reporting agencies. I strongly recommend that anyone with a Chase Credit Card account, especially a credit card account that charges an annual fee of $95, cancel their account to avoid these excessive charges. We have cancelled our account and will be cancelling another Chase account and will not do business with this company unless the three months of interest are refunded. This is horrible customer service.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I always used my card at Christmas to get the rewards, basically I max it out and then pay it off in full around January or February every year, I have had this card for 5 years. I received a letter in the mail 2 weeks after I paid my balance off in full that they have lowered my credit limit to $500. I have never been late on a payment and I have EXCELLENT payment history on my credit report. I have never paid late or deferred payments due to the "pandemic" because I worked the entire time. I called to ask them if they could raise it back up. I was told they would need to run my credit for a reconsideration??? So in short they lowered the credit limit without running my credit, but they have to run my credit to give me back the limit that I had for the last 5 years?? I have canceled that card and I will never have another Chase card or any of their financial products. I will stick to Discover, Citi and Capital One, they understand what true customer loyalty is.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

For a month, we've had fraud phishers trying to charge large amounts to our Sapphire Reserve account. We spend $400,000 annually on this card, it is our currency. We called six times looking for help, "no, there is no fraud". Then a 1300 fraud charge shows up, so we request another card. They don't cancel. After another 4 calls, they finally cancel our card, and "send" us a new card, our credit is cut off until it arrives. The card is delayed a week, who knows why, and they refuse to communicate the new number...WHICH CITICARD WILL DO...until the card arrives. No credit for weeks. This is a horrible company once you have a problem. Do not use the card if you can avoid it.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information