Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

AVOID AVOID AVOID BEWARE UNFAIR PRACTICES UNFAIR UNFAIR BEWARE. I've been a customer for more than 10 years. Like many others I was hit by a major life event and found myself needing to pay thousands to Chase in interest. I never defaulted, I never exceeded my limit and I treated Chase as my preferred creditor, always paying them before others and even tightening my belt rather than miss any payments. While trying to recover and working hard to increase my credit score to a point before the setback, Chase decided to lower my Credit limits without cause. They said that I have recently spent too much money on credit cards. Yes I had a high utilization across the board but I had just turned the corner to start moving forward.

They ignored the fact that my mortgage was just recently paid in full as well! BUT Not only did they lower my limits, they closed the gap that I did have and set my limits to the current balance. CREATING AN ARTIFICIAL 100% UTILIZATION! They don't care about your history with them. They don't care about their customers. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! They CHANGE THE RULES even if you are paying on time and staying under your limit. CHASE PLAYS BY THEIR OWN RULES!!! NOT INTERESTED IN YOU OR THE MONEY YOU PAY IN INTEREST!

I was charged over $106 at Panda Express in Westwood, California on October 20, 2016 on my Chase Freedom credit card. My family had all of the credit cards in our possession and none of us were in Westwood that day. We promptly disputed the charge, but Chase upheld the charge. Chase said that even though Panda Express could not provide a copy of a signed receipt, it was upholding the charge because we had all of the cards in our possession. We appealed and Chase denied the appeal saying Panda Express did not have to provide a copy of the charge because we did not dispute the charge promptly, even though we disputed the charge within 10 days.

I took advantage of the 0% Balance Promotion Checks and thought I was paying off the balance over the year allowed. I was using my card to charge normal purchases and paying more than the required minimum monthly balance in order to pay off the promotion check on time. Evidently, unless you pay your entire statement balance in full each month, the money you pay is not put towards the balance of your promotion check. It is split up between your credit balance and your promotion balance. They will not apply it differently.

When I called the first month, they reversed the promotion interest charge. I paid what the bank associate suggested I pay. The same thing happened the next month and the next month. It is deceptive to anyone who carries a credit card balance that they can never pay off the promotion balance until the ENTIRE credit card statement balance is paid in full. DO NOT USE CHASE 0% PROMOTION CHECKS. It's a shameful way for this bank to make pennies off of millions of consumers.

Chase raised our interest rate even though we paid on time every time. So we transferred the debt to a new card with a lower interest rate. In the meantime we had mailed our regular payment of $100.00 so they got our payment and the bank's payment with an excess of $100.00. We hadn't deducted our payment from the payoff. Chase charged us interest on our account even though it was paid off in excess of what they were owed! They are the greediest, crookest, people we have ever dealt with. They are giving us a rough time about getting a refund on the closed account. They have a reward program that is a joke! The things they give you rewards on very few people use their credit card for. Never get a card from this company!!!

I have been a great customer since 2013. I paid off my balance of 4600+, Nov. 2016. I threw my card in the drawer, happy to know that acct was satisfied. Come to find out, when I pulled my card to use it for the first time since Nov., they charged me interest and late fees for a couple months. I paid that off, 146.00. They closed my account. When I called about this, they had good record keeping, saying they called 2x and sent monthly statements. (Why would I open it when my account is satisfied? Probably just another spam email?)

I suggested they actually speak to the person, rather than "assume" the person gets an email (spam folder). I asked them to leave a message and he says, "We can't do that, privacy policy." "You have my phone number (not private). Leave a message to call back about a balance on the acct." This seems to be a repetitive problem with this company. No problem, I will take my business to someone else! I suggest you do, also. Someone wise once told me, "Banks are never your friend." So much for getting credit paying off my $4600.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I opened a Chase Amazon credit card account and it's been nothing but a headache. They are the worst people to solve problems. It's been 3 months and they still have my account froze due to their own mistakes! I have provided them everything they required and still no resolution to the problem. They give me every excuse to why my account is froze. They don't offer any online chat or online account help. They only have an poor phone call help and it's pointless! My experience has been horrible. I don't recommend them to anyone!!

I had promotion for 0% for 15 months. Every month they sent me a message reminding me with payment before the due date. When the promotion ended they didn't say anything. They charged my account $32.44. I called asking for supervisor. He was rude and he said you have to pay the interest charge even we didn't sent you a message to remind you. I was disappointed how they treat me like that. I'm good customer I always pay my bill on the time. I don't recommend Chase Credit Cards. They are the worst credit card ever.:(

When I called the customer service to find out how much I had to pay to pay my outstanding credit card balance off in full, they quoted me an amount. I paid that amount. Two months later I receive a text message that I haven't paid my card. I log into my account and see an outstanding balance of $128.67. After spending and wasting close to 120 minutes in total figuring out what caused my balance to be $128.67, although I paid it off in full, they came out with lousy excuses like the previous representative quote me a wrong quote. I paid two other credit cards off that day and never got overcharged from different banks. After being on the phone for 50 minutes and talking to endless representatives, the so called "senior supervisor" started yelling at me and hung up the phone. WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE THIS BANK IS! No more business ever! They are a disgrace!

Because of fraudulent activity on my social security number I had placed a fraud alert with Transunion and the other credit bureaus. When I applied for a car lease with the fraud alert on my social security number I had no problem. All I had to do was answer a few additional questions. When I applied for this card I assumed it would be the same process. However, it certainly wasnt as the fraud department completely dropped the ball.

On March 9, 2017, I went to my local chase branch to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. The bank officer made the application online and was contacted, as I expected, by the fraud department. At this point the whole process began to fall apart. He put me on the phone with them and they explained that they could not verify my address and that I needed to fax to them proof of my residency. They indicated that a drivers license was acceptable information and that once received it would take approximately to seven days to process it, Moments later, I faxed them my drivers license from the bank branch assuming the issue would be resolved.

On March 15, 2017, I received a letter from the fraud department stating that they required proof of current physical address. I immediately called and was told that they did have the information and would reprocess it. I asked them to call me on my mobile phone if there was a problem and was told that they would contact me if there was. No one contacted me.

On or about March 23, 2017 I called again to inquire about the status of the application. Again, I was told that they had the information and would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. Again, no one contacted me. On April 4, 2017 I called once more and was told my application was declined because they didnt have enough information to verify my identity! They indicated that they tried to call me at my home number but there was no answer even though I explicitly told them to call me on my mobile number. I also checked my answering machine at home and there was no message left on it. After complaining to the representative I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he/she was on the phone and would call me back. I am still waiting for that phone call! Needless to say I didn't get the credit card and they will never have me as a customer.

I got my 20 year old daughter a card in her name from my Chase Visa account for her to use in her year abroad in Europe. I called the credit card company to let them know she was overseas and the countries she is in. So far her card has been declined multiple times because she is using it in the countries I notified she would be. Just two weeks ago I called to let them know she would be in Italy. Today her card was declined when she tried to purchase a tour bus ticket for 38 in Italy. It's not like she was trying to purchase electronics or something expensive. Nothing like having your 20 year old daughter in a foreign country and the credit card company declines the card.

We have learned that if a transaction is declined, don't try again thinking maybe the first time didn't read because if you do they deactivate the card. Same thing happened to me at Lord & Taylor a few weeks ago. I bought a few dresses at the same location, nothing outrageously expensive, on the same day and they considered it suspicious and declined my card in front of a line full of people. If you use this card, make sure you have a back up to a reliable credit card company.

When I received my last bill, there was a charge I hadn't approved. I called Chase. They investigated and said there was a security problem. In fact they had rejected a second charge to the same business because it looked suspicious. Chase told me to destroy my card and they would send a new one. This was on Friday morning. When the card hadn't arrived by Monday, I called. They told me it would arrive soon, they had sent it by regular mail. I was surprised. This had happened once before and they sent it by express mail. Still, I figured it would arrive the next day. When it didn't come on Tuesday or Wednesday, my wife called. She was told the card had been mailed out Monday by regular mail. Not only had they misled me by saying the card was mailed on Friday, but they didn't have the sense to mail it by express mail when I called and complained. I guess they hoped it would be delivered quickly. When it wasn't they were exposed.

They said all the things customer service people are supposed to say when my wife spoke to them on Wednesday but they did nothing to help. We are going to have to pay a $3000. car repair bill with a credit card we rarely use. We'll not receive our Southwest points. Who knows when the card will arrive. We can't even trust that it has been sent. My advice is that if you have a security concern, don't mention it to Chase until there is a good time for you that you can go a week without using your card.

They keep raising my minimum payment without advising me. Have automatic payment set up but they change the payments one to two days prior to payment due. So even if I pay them their minimum for example this last time they raised it by $4. I made the payment... It's automatic. But because they raise the minimum $4 and didn't have my permission to charge my bank they reported it to my credit for $4, and they reported my credit over an amount that I could easily paid if they would have advised me that they raise the minimum payment.

I'm finding that they are doing this each month so that they can require a service charge or a late payment charge when the payment has never been late because it automatically paid out of my account. They just increased the amount by a dollar or two and then they charge me a late payment over that dollar but this time they went too far and actually reported it to my credit over $4 when it was only 8 days past the payment date when I already paid them their minimum because they added the $4 one day prior to the payment due date. It's almost like this is a scam and I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau, and I'm also going to report them to the FCC. Don't even do a credit card with them. Stay away from them.

I have had Chase Freedom for almost 10 months, have paid on time, kept balances low and high. But anytime I apply for a credit line increase it is denied and when I go to the reconsiderationline, it's always drawn out and uncomfortable only for them to tell you again that they won't approve your request. I started at $1,000 and still at $1,000. I give up and will never ask for an increase again. Chase is not the best bank for CL increases and judge you very poorly.

I recently paid off my credit card in full. Two weeks later, I receive an email with a payment amount due for interest charges after the fact. I called to make sure I was indeed paying the TOTAL amount. This is the only company that I have ever had this problem with. I will be calling to complain and will NEVER use this card again!

I tried to buy Disney World tickets and was pushed very hard to apply for Disney card, promising me no changes and a $200 reward. It took over 2 months to get me the card and it came with about $65 dollars in charges and no reward. I have never gotten reward and all attempts to have fraudulent charges removed or get the promised $200 reward have been ignored. AGAIN they charged me another $49 charge after one year and still did not cancel my card or give me promised $200 reward. After a long and heated argument with Chase/Disney manager I was told basically that I had only 30 days to get things reversed and then they "had me." Doesn't matter that my account and card were not sent to me for almost 90 days. LONG LONG way from the original moral value of poor Walt Disney.

I'm the financial POA for my elderly aunt, who is homebound. Each and every time I try to do something for my aunt, the online customer service representatives tell me she needs to "go to a branch". Generally the reason for having a financial POA is that you're sick or old and unable to go to a branch yourself. I don't know if they're from overseas or what, but I am convinced that they have no idea what a POA is and what we can and cannot legally do. Am now planning on transferring all of her funds elsewhere.

If I could give no stars I would. Wow, Chase has really gone downhill. I paid my credit card bill on time, and they still charged me a late fee and stated on my online account that I had not paid my credit card 24 hours after I paid it even though they promptly took the money out of my checking account! I called and talked to multiple people and with all due respect none of them knew which way was up and do NOT belong in customer service - arguing and being rude even though I was being extremely nice and professional.

These people need to be working somewhere where they have no contact with the public. Chase really needs to look at their hiring policies and training programs as well - obviously very subpar and sad. Anyway, my issue was never resolved and Chase obviously cares nothing about their customers. My husband and I will definitely be banking elsewhere - probably a credit union where they actually care about people and customer service. DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE UNLESS YOU WANT AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE!

I was pursuing a dispute with a merchant through Chase Visa's dispute department. I had already closed the account which was charged. I initiated the dispute in August, and in November received a check from Chase for the disputed amount. I considered the matter resolved. Yesterday (it's now March), I received a notice that my credit rating had dropped 108 points due to this account being delinquent. Apparently, the merchant declined to cooperate in the dispute; Chase charged back my closed account; now I'm in arrears for not paying bills of which I was not aware. I have not received a bill or a phone call from Chase. This credit card does not exist in my online Chase account. If it weren't for the credit-monitoring service, I wouldn't even know about this "unpaid bill". I spoke with a supervisor in the dispute department who said I could reopen the dispute. He couldn't help me with clearing up the hit to my credit rating or remove the interest charges.

Today I received a letter from Chase regarding a credit account that was charged off 2 years ago. I had not received any communication at all from them for the past 2 years. When I called Chase, the specialist named Liza said it was a chance for me to pay a decreased amount on the charge off. I had already received a 1099-C from Chase in 2015 showing the charge off, and had to pay taxes on that! Never EVER do anything with Chase--they have been nothing but a problem for me!

Customer service SUCKS!!! All they did was give me the run-around as well as some false information about me calling 5 days ago and I said this did not come from me. Did they try to settle this problem... NO!! They kept feeding me B.S. and were not concerned when I told them I did not call. They knew that I did not call. They were using it to make it look like the problem is all my fault. Yeah, right. I asked for 3 of the same card. Why can't Chase take responsibility for a mistake that is theirs? Very disappointed with the so-called "customer support." I am so angry I could just SCREAM!!! Time to find a new credit card company. If this is how they treat long time customers, then you can call me DONE!!!

The Chase Sapphire Reserve Card entitles you to use the Luxury Hotel Collection website for added hotel benefits. Rates are higher than direct hotel web rates, but benefits can offset this. The booking website clearly reads "rates are inclusive of hotel taxes." On my deposit I was charged tax. Called the hotel and they stated they always add taxes. Called Chase LHC booking agency, and the agent couldn't understand the problem. Said hotels always add taxes. I said the wording needed to be removed. Received a "I guess so" response. Wording has not been removed.

Called Chase directly. Transferred to a travel specialist. Maybe I got my point across. We'll see if it's removed. If it's not, I will dispute the tax with Chase, and if the charges are not removed, I will not renew my card which carries an annual fee of $450. Will also cancel my wife's, which also carries a fee of $450. Poor way of doing business.

It is a shame. When I first got my Chase credit card I love the company. It was not till I took advantage of a promotional balance transfer option that my opinion about this credit card changed. I was told I was getting a 0% APR on balance transfer for 2 years. However Chase made this impossible to take advantage of once you made the transfer.

All promotions with this company are a straight SCAM. They are the most deceiving credit card company. I kept calling asking for a pay off on my purchases and they would give it to me yet a month later I still got a bill with interest charges on my balance transfer that was supposed to be "0% apr for 2 years". I kept calling to follow up and it was finally confirmed by a supervisor that it is impossible to get the 0% apr on my balance transfer and I would be charged interest until it was all paid off. So dishonest & horrible to their customers!!

Chase Mileage Plus Visa card - A grocery store charge for $93 was declined (three times) on our holiday trip to San Diego despite the fact that we had used the card for the previous five days for grocery items, gas, rental car, and a variety of other charges at other stores in San Diego. When we called Chase they noted that the $93 grocery charge was declined because they (Chase) did not know we were in San Diego (we live on the east coast and are in San Diego on holiday). We noted that we had used the card to buy our air ticket to San Diego, used it to rent a car in San Diego, as well as to rent a house in San Diego - so how could Chase Visa not know we are here? Their explanation for the declined charge made absolutely no sense, further it sounded as if they were reading from a script!

I recently applied for a credit card with Chase. My application was approved and everything was fine... for about a day. Before I even received my card in the mail they cancelled my account and no one at their customer service will tell me why.

After six years as a Chase customer, I became extremely ill, lost my job, and had trouble handling medical and other bills. I called to ask if Chase has a financial hardship program and could help me get through this precarious time with a lower APR or reduced payment – particularly as my Chase Freedom and Slate cards have significantly higher APRs than any of my other cards, and my Freedom minimum payment was over twice as much as my second-highest minimum payment.

I was told I didn’t qualify for any assistance because I don’t have a high enough income. That's right: they have a hardship program, but I’m making too little money to be offered financial assistance; I would need to make more money to qualify for help. I've taken out a personal loan, paid off my Chase credit cards, and will not use them again. If you are a person who might one day find themselves in financial trouble – which is to say, anyone – a Chase credit card may not be the choice for you.

How can any company (travel) can charged hold a person (my) credit card for $2885.99 x 2... and I didn't even confirmed my booking?!! I didn't give them authorize to charge or hold on my credit card at all!! Even if I decide to book that's should be only $2885.99 NOT two charged without my approval..! Any Attorney or Counsel can see this is a good case for CLASS ACTION please contact/message me please..! BTW ultimate rewards customer services name Bria ** my called around 3 pm pacific time Feb 15, 17 told me, "Don't worried about it.!! It will come off, that's the services you'll get with Chase 3rd parties.!!"

I paid off my Chase credit card. Several days after the amount cleared my bank, I called Chase, confirmed zero balance, closed account. Now Chase reports me 30 days late for interest they billed me AFTER I paid off the balance and closed the account. I was billed $12.08 for 14 days on a ZERO balance. Customer service was very nice in explaining they continue to bill interest on a zero balance on a closed account.

I received a phone call on December 23rd 2016 telling me I was overdue on payments on an account that was opened in 2012 by a company I consulted with but was not an employee. I received the card with my name on it in 2012 and put it in the shredder because I saw no need for it as I was not an employee. I explained this to Chase who only found me through calling everyone with my name in my city. I was told by one of the 25 different Chase people that the card in my name had never been used but actual employee cards had been used and that I was the principal card holder. They agreed to erase the amounts owed as I had never used my card. LIES ALL LIES.

I have spent the past 50 days on the phone with all different counties and Chase employees ALL LYING to me. I finally gave up because of the stress it is causing me. I asked for an amount I could pay off because every single person I talked to above customer service was an idiot or I could not understand them when they talked to me. I am now paying $5400.00 for a card I did not apply for to save my credit rating. I will now see how this affects my retirement I was hoping to take. They were horrible to deal with, I have VISA business cards of my own and every single time there is a fraud charge VISA takes it off of my account. I will spend the rest of my remaining years telling people to drop CHASE in all of their dealings. From credit cards to mortgages and banking. They are the single worst business I have ever dealt with. They are nothing short of incompetent criminals.

Won't pay claims on car rental benefits. After being put thru a paper chase for months to make a small insurance claim under Chase's rental car insurance benefit, they denied me by not producing a 'declarations page' from my policy with State Farm, who could provide all sorts of documentation that my policy was in effect. Chase intentionally denies claims by demanding obscure paperwork and then wearing you out until you go away. They are a scam operation.

They have the worst customer service. I had to cancel my checking account due to lack of information then I have a credit card with Chase and unable to log in. Called the customer service to help and they are not allowed to help on the phone. They need me to come into a bank just to get my online working correctly. Even after telling them it's impossible for me to come in. They won't help with any other solutions. They have so many fees and when you sign up for the credit card they don't tell you all the ins and outs that come with it but makes sure to sign you up! I wish I never signed up with Chase. They have got to be the worst.

Compare Credit Cards