Chase Credit Cards

979people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Chase Credit Cards:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

My Chase sapphire credit card was blocked without any prior notification (no phone, no email, no letter). I called multiple times to get the issue resolved, wherein I am transferred from one transfer to another, each call lasting about half an hour. At the end of each call I am told I will get a call within 24-48 hours, and unfortunately I haven't received that call even once. I have no idea how to get my account started again because I haven't received any communication from the bank, and calling the customer service is of no consequence either.

I feel that the credit card company did not assist me appropriately which cause them to close my account and now I have a serious drop in my credit. I was never late on a payment to either of these credit companies. Then in May I lost my job and they knew I had, I had spoken to both companies due to my first late payment in June. I explained I had lost my job and would make a payment as soon as I was paid from a new job. After finding a new job I told them I had to wait to be paid which made June and July late. I explained to them that my first check would be around the 10th of August and I would immediately pay them. Which I did, at that time I caught up both cards and payments and was no longer behind and my cards were fine.

The end of August I go to make the next payment due for September (because my cards have always been paid in advance except the months I was out of work) and it informed me my cards had be cancelled. No one told me they would be cancelled by making the payment at that time. And they waited till I made a payment and caught the cards up to cancel them. They in no way attempted to help me and assist me in the situation and my credit had been good enough. Power card had increased my credit without my request a couple of months prior. To be that ridiculous when a good customer hits a bad couple of months is horrible customer service.

Now I am told the only way to fix this is to reapply. Why would you even suggest I reapply if I am such a bad customer? You close my account after it is caught up after a couple of rough months. I would never do business with either one again! I am so upset that they have ruined my credit by closing the account, rather than finding an alternative (decreasing my credit for a probation period or something). The bad part is they don't even care how they have affected me with this.

Failure to provide credit card services. They have frozen my new credit card with them upon further review. They have denied charges and had to call them multiple times to get it to go thru. No the account is frozen. I pay my bills on time and this is disgrace to me. How can they freeze my account to review it???

I am currently involved in a dispute with CHASE CREDIT CARD. To start from the beginning, I was a victim of a scam where someone under the company name of ICN Trust Finance AG was looking to hire me as a Project Executive. After about 2 to 3 weeks of "casework" and "interviews" I was signed on. My first project was to buy computers for their leasing company, and I was guided through a banking funds transfer scenario that they would use to "reimburse me." They listed several banks as holders of corporate accounts for ICN, and these funds would be used to reimburse me for my purchases per their recommendation. Believing that this was a legitimate project at the time, I went ahead and bought the computers using my Chase credit card. Two separate purchases were made before the scam was detected. The first payment involved Chase to Chase accounts.

Unfortunately, this was where things went awry with Chase bank. In order to protect my finances, I called Chase bank twice, once after each of my two purchases. Before sending out the computers, I wanted to know if my reimbursement was sound. I spoke with a Chase agent and shared my story: I was recently hired by an employer, and they gave me bank account information to reimburse me for purchases that I made. I shared that the account information was not mine and possibly my employers. In addition, I asked if there was a possibility of a scam, and if Chase could contact the other Chase account holder to verify the legitimacy of the transfer (as a large sum was being transferred between accounts).

In the end, Chase verified that everything looked good during both transactions, all to be legal, legitimate and approved (recorded phone conversation by Chase). In fact, both Chase agents denied my request that they call the other account holder to verify the legitimacy of the transfer. After gaining this sense of security with Chase, I went ahead and shipped the computers to the "company" overseas.

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was scammed. ICN (a legitimate company based in Swiss) had its information stolen, and it was then used as a front for scammers looking to steal money out of stolen bank accounts. The "corporate accounts" were possibly stolen bank accounts, and although the money was likely returned to the owners, I am now charged approximately $14k in credit card bills by Chase that could have been avoided by their intervention in the first place.

Although Chase bank knows that I have been scammed, they have been very callous in their communications with me. In fact, they have closed my credit card account, have threatened further action should I not pay them (including collection agencies, mounting interest rate, etc. which would affect my credit report) and have gone so far as to accuse me over the phone of money laundering. All of this, even after I have given them screenshots of e-mails, referenced the pending police report on the matter, and sent them a timeline detailing the events of the scam.

In addition, I have no criminal history, my credit score is 830 out of 850 and 811 out of 830, and I have had no late payment history. It is upsetting to be treated coldly by Chase in light of these circumstances. I paid in full, on time, all my obligation (as they stated) under protest to keep my credit scores intact while this is on going. As you can see, I am very wary of Chase's system that has allowed a breach of bank accounts being stolen. As I was given a stolen bank account in the first place, I fear there may not be proper security measures in place that would prevent Chase customers' banking information from leaking into the wrong hands.

In addition, Chase agents did not protect me or the other account holder from these transactions, although I had called them twice on each occasion to express my concerns. I finally decide to file a Civil Law Suit (State of Oregon, Washington County Municipal Court) since many attorneys feel that the $ amount of potential possible recovery is not worth their effort to pursue.

CHASE chose not to respond and the court have decided against and put a lien on CHASE CREDIT CARD Co. and reward me with maximum total civil law suit of $10,000+ (allowable + my cost of filing). During the process of the dispute, CHASE EXECUTIVE OFFICE assigned 4 Case#'s, written in official letters I received. Few minutes ago, I just called them at the number that was/were listed in their letter to contact. Surprisingly, 3 EXECUTIVE OFFICERS stated that they have no such references in their database (conversation is recorded also in my Smartphone). They could not locate even 1 of the 4, though I told them that I was looking at their official letters with the case numbers listed.

As if they disappear into the thin air, they also told me that it is not their norm to delete any case, but the facts they suddenly disappeared and no link could be found from my infos, smell very fishy here. Are they playing game with our judicial system here? Fortunately, I still have all the documents and my civil law suit stated one of those number as a reference. Apparently, their system was hacked in 2014 (hence, probably my scam), but they denied any security issue is in jeopardy... At the same time, how can the scammer stole an account number to reimburse me with.

Another issue; I spoke to more than 5 agents initially with the fund payments/transfers/reimbursements and clearly mentioned "if it is any possible scam in progress," they clearly (recorded) stated that payment from both accounts I was provided with, are both legitimate, and so did the transactions. My position at that time is very odd; since these transactions were assumed legal approved by Chase agents; if I did not send the computers, they can accuse me of theft/scamming since these transactions were approved, legitimately legal and reflected clearly in my credit card account statement at the time.

I question their policy of online transaction and approval processes. Few weeks later they reversed those payments and held me responsible of the charges. All and all; lost/disappear case#'s, ignoring legal court order, and keep disconnecting our phone conversations, I feel, surely are arrogant moves by their agents dealing with my issues. In the meantime, the court has put a lien against CHASE CREDIT CARD, in my case.

After weeks of going back and forth between a particular Chase Bank Branch, the Chase Credit Card Escalation Department, and the Chase Executive Office with hopes that the issue my wife and I are dealing will be finally resolved, we have ended up here on ConsumerAffairs. Here is the situation that my wife and I have been dealing with: My wife and I recently purchased our very 1st TownHome. In order to cover some of the major housing costs (New Flooring/Interior Paint/etc...) we decided to open up a new credit card line that offered 0% Intro Apr for 15 months -- we wanted put the initial housing costs onto this new card so that we can easily pay it off within 15 months.

Since my Wife had an account with CHASE Bank, we went to the Chase Bank Branch located in Marietta, GA on March 1st, 2016 to apply for a new credit card that offered 0% intro Apr for 15 months. Upon entering the bank, we were greeted by the only Chase Banker present at the time. We Sat down with the banker and explained to him exactly what we were looking for (0% Intro Apr for 15months) and we told him that we were thinking about applying for Chase Freedom Unlimited. The Banker acknowledged what we said and started talking about a "Special Promotion" Chase was having regarding the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card and told us that on top of the 0% Apr we would also get $625 in travel rewards if we spent at least $4,000 in the first 3-months. He insisted and recommended that Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card will be our best option.

After considering what the banker told us, we were pretty excited about the special promotion and we his advice and applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. We trusted his words/sales pitch and believed that the card had 0% intro Apr for 15-months. The only reason we agreed to get the Sapphire Preferred over the Chase Freedom Unlimited was because a chase banker, whose job duties include truthfully guiding customers and providing honest and accurate information about Chase's products, misled us. After we received the Chase Sapphire Card, we went ahead and started using it for housing costs (new flooring/paint etc) along with some daily costs.

Fast-Forwarding to Saturday, June 25th, 2016 -- I was looking over the Credit Card Statement and noticed that there was a "Finance Charge" of $222.13. So I called the credit card department thinking it was just a mistake -- but unfortunately, a chase representative on the phone told me that the Chase Sapphire Preferred does not have 0% Intro Apr for 15 months! I was shocked to hear this!

So I explained to the representative on the phone that we were told by a Chase Banker that Chase was having a "Special Promotion" regarding the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card that included a 0% Intro Apr for 15 months. And the representative on the phone said "You need to go back to the bank branch where you applied for the card and talk to them because they may have been running an internal promotion of some sort."

So on Monday June 27th, 2016 I went to the bank branch at 9 am to speak with that particular banker in person about this issue and I came to find out that he had quit his job and is no longer with Chase. So I explained the situation to another Chase Banker at this branch -- and she said she will talk to the store manager once he gets into work and call me back with a solution.

Later that day, I get a call from her and she tells me that the manager said they can't do anything about it because the banker who misled us no longer works there. She advised that I call back Chase Credit Card Department and see if they can do anything to help me. I was again shocked and disappointed to hear this response from her, and I was even more disappointed that the Store Manager did not have the decency to call me personally and talk to me. There was no sense of willingness to help a Chase Customer and that was truly disappointing.

Next, I contacted The Chase Escalation Department. And they told me that I need to talk to the Branch Manager and have him write them a letter that states "It was a bank error." Once the escalation department gets this letter, they will go ahead and resolve this issue. So I went back to the Chase Bank Branch, and this time I told the Chase Banker that I need to speak with the Manager face to face about this matter, so she went into the Manager's office and told him about my situation and he came out and told me to go in his office.

Once we went into the Manager's Office, I told the Manager exactly what happened (again) and then told him what needed to be done next in order to resolve this issue. And shockingly, he was very blunt about the situation and kept saying things like that banker does not work here anymore so I cannot do anything about it and I am not going to write any letter because I can't take responsibility for the banker's error. And the most surprising statement from the Manager was you need to find another bank and balance transfer to their credit card.

I was again very disappointed by the Manager's attitude towards this whole situation and his unwillingness to take ownership of this issue. I explained to him again that the only reason we agreed to get the Sapphire Preferred over the Chase Freedom Unlimited was because a chase banker told us that the card had 0% Intro Apr for 15 months. And the fact that a Chase Bank Branch Manager tells a current Chase Customer to find another bank and his attitude has been so blunt and unwilling to help has led to a truly discouraging and a frustrating experience dealing with Chase.

So on July 14th, 2016 I wrote a letter to the Chase Executive Office, explaining what was going on and hoping that by reaching out to them, appropriate actions will be taken in order to finally resolve this issue. But unfortunately, after 2 weeks the lady that handled our case told me that she tried to contact the branch manager for details and to verify that it was a bank error. but she could never reach him. (Really???) What kind of bank is this that an Executive Office Agent is not able to reach or get a response back from a local branch manager?? I was again shocked and disappointed. Then she said after doing an investigation there is nothing they could do because she concluded that it was not a bank error because we had received their terms and conditions with the card in the mail.

After receiving this news from her, I tried to talk to her again to see if there is anything they can do to help me out with this horrible financial situation that has destroyed our financial freedom and she told me that I need to apply for another credit card from another bank do a balance transfer. Then I explained to her that before I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card, my credit score was 798* (Excellent) but since that time, I have applied for a Home Depot Card, and of course we have maxed out our Chase Sapphire Card (as we were planning to do) and all this has resulted in dropping my score to 690* for the time being. And with a score this low, I explained to her that I probably won't qualify for a high credit limit. But she basically said "sorry I can't help you."

So I went ahead and applied for the Discover Credit Card as they were offering me 0% Intro Apr for 12 months with 0% Balance Transfer Fee but as expected, I only qualified for 27% of the amount I owe on the Chase Sapphire Card. So now I am stuck with a high-interest rate Chase Sapphire Credit Card with a high balance on it, my credit score has gone down from Excellent (798*) to Fair (688*), and I do not know what to do. We were lied to by a Chase Banker. We were scammed into getting this card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

With over a 750 Credit score by the Chase's own FICO score, no late payments in 10-years, and an overall good credit history the best Chase can offer is 18.5% on the credit card and 25% on cash. That crook of a CEO is betting on their clients defaulting and have intentionally decided to rape their clients and the economy of their income so as to pad their own wealth. With federal rates at rock bottom Chase still thinks that high interest rates on debt is the solution; betting against the people. Suggest you bet against Chase and go to a legitimate lender.

I'm trying to complete a name change. I have a legal court decree and the process should be very straightforward but instead, all while communicating via secure message, the representatives simply tell me that they cannot provide the forms electronically, even thought I will ultimately be able to submit the back electronically and that they will have to mail them which could take 10 days. I'm able to attach my court decree and provide it to them electronically but they simply refuse to do the same in return with the form. This is 2016, right? It's just ridiculous and unacceptable.

I will try to make this as short as possible. For the year that I have had my Chase credit cards, I have always paid them on time, and when the balance got high, I paid them off entirely MULTIPLE times. A few months ago, I got hit hard with fraud and identity theft. It sucked. Chase ensured me that the fraud was taken care of and protected and that I wouldn't be held liable for it. Last week, when it came time for to pay my bill, I noticed my balance was WAY higher than it should have been (I had just paid it off in its entirety the month prior). I looked at the activity and saw that they had -- without any notification -- reversed all of the fraudulent charges. So not only did I have these fraud issues, but now they had without telling me decided that they feel like I should have to pay for these. Unreal.

I call and call and call trying to get through to a person named Nicole who had called and left a message with me -- presumably to explain this, and tell me why on earth I am paying for things I never even did. She never answered a single one of my calls. Then today, someone else calls me. FINALLY. I call back, ready to straighten this out, only for her to say essentially that it's not her problem, not her department and that Chase has now chosen to shut down my cards completely. EXCUSE ME?! AFTER I finally get my identity fraud figured out and have two months of non-issues, and paying off my account, THIS is when they decide to shut it down? AND they are trying to make me pay for the fraud??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Never have I ever been so mad, felt so much injustice and had so many issues from any company. I despise people who could feel okay doing to this to other people. I legitimately have only ever used my card, reported fraud when it did happen, and pay my card off (on-time and often completely), and my repayment is this? Disgusting. Ultimately they addressed this essentially by saying: "this is how it is, because we said so." There is no valid reasoning, and nothing to show that the charges aren't fraudulent (because they ARE FRAUDULENT), just Chase deciding not to honor their policy. Your policy that actually states: "Just as with any card, if someone steals your credit card number but you still have the card, Chase must refund all fraudulent charges, but only if you file a report within 60 days."

They did, I did, and Chase didn't. They shared absolutely nothing to show that it wasn't fraud (because -- and I can't stress this enough -- it WAS fraud) and yet won't honor their own words and policies. I realize this doesn't affect their lives and that's why they don't care -- but this is my life and this fraud that you refuse to take care of has huge negative implications, including my potential inability to pay rent if I have to pay these charges that I never made. They shouldn't get away with this. That is unacceptable, and they know it. They just don't care, because it lines their pockets and greases their palms just a little less. And by the way, the guy who "responded" to me, couldn't have possibly been more of a condescending prick.

This is the hands down worse company we've ever dealt with! After numerous calls to get our military scra benefits this company has given every single excuse as to why they cannot process this! There are NO excuses! It is the law to submit and forgive any and all Interest above 6 percent no matter what state you live in, either reservists or active duty, spouse or actual active member! They've given these excuses and many more for over 12 years now!

I suggest anyone of you contact your CFPB and or for military the military "one source" sites! You'll find all laws and steps there to regain any losses with this company! They are the most incompetent "rude" non knowledgeable bunch of people I've ever spoken to, not to mention you CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND any of their languages when you call! All other cards we've called and faced paper work to have went above and beyond and given the 0 percent interest! Two more excuses - we didn't get your fax, hmmm!!! And you don't live in the zip code for the benefits! They've obviously NO clue the consequences for their actions with military's sec of defense! I'm over this company and their lack of military support!

One of the "benefits" of having a Chase Amazon Visa credit card is the rental car reimbursement of your deductible if you are in an accident with your rental car, and if you use the card for your deposit on the rental car. Unfortunately if you exceed 31 days of renting the car, they will not reimburse your deductible. I don't understand because one thing has nothing to do with the other. My car insurance company pays for the rental car, and I pay the difference of going over the 31 days. My personal car was almost totaled and took a long time to repair. Apparently to take advantage of this "benefit" I would have had to of had two rental agreements. I guess I should have read the fine print and not have been so naive that Chase would take care of their customers.

On July 12th, I went into my local branch to get info on the Chase Slate card. Additionally, sign up to see what I qualified for because I wanted to transfer a balance. I thought this was a great deal because it was no APR% for the first 15 months and no balance transfer fee. It also would be a lower APR% than my other credit card. I the branch officer my after tax annual wage so-called her back that day to correct this. We did a conference call with the balance transfer department and I qualified for the max credit limit. I told him that I only wanted the credit limit at what would transfer my whole balance over. He said the amount I chose (I told the amount I would prefer) would be enough.

I get my card on Friday to ask for the transfer to be completed only to find out that my credit limit was not high enough to transfer the whole amount over. Not only this but the branch officer I sat down with put in the wrong amount initially (not even the whole amount). The customer service person I spoke with on Friday said they had to include the 5% balance transfer on 95% of the balance even though the card does not have one. No one explained this to me once. I ended up spending 2 hours on the phone getting this straightened out. The branch officer told me she would not know about the 5% that needs to be added in, she only signs people up and they have a whole department that does the balance transfer so why would she need to know this. Really!? Why wouldn't you know everything about your companies cards you sign people up on? If you are starting the balance transfer application shouldn't you know?

After all that I thought I was good to go but I get a call from Chase security today and they said they had been trying to contact me to verify the activity but since they were unable to contact me they canceled my balance transfer. They text me once. I ignored this as I got the text the next day. It seemed weird to me, maybe a scam since no one I spoke to on Friday told me that someone would be calling to verify this balance transfer before it could be approved.

After an hour on the phone trying to work something out with them to accommodate me for their mistakes they said all they could do was resubmit my balance transfer request. I explained I have my other credit card due today and due to their mistakes I'm being penalized. I asked if they could expedite the request or waive my late fee but nope, nothing. I resubmitted my request since the card has already been opened and in my possession but I tell you what, I will never do business with Chase again or will I ever refer someone to them.

I just hang off phone with Chase customer service. Its not right with the treat for consumers like this case. I felt and said them that this would like a hiding trap for consumers. I got many mails delivery for 0% APR. So just got approved for a 0% APR transfer balance till May 20017 in June 2016. My statement it closed on the 16th of each month. The due day pay on 13th monthly. So the balance of the purchases in June was $282.32 amount, plus the transfer balance amount with transfer fee on 0% APR promotion till 2017. The minimum payment is $28. So I made amount payment was $400.00 on July 5th. This would pay off for the $282.00 purchases balance amount, then the rest would go for promotion balance included transfer fee. But I got the statement of July 16th. Detailed they costed me $2.36 interest charged on.

Although this is not big deal to pay, but its not even fair to cost me interest like this. I called them. The first respond I got she said that because of I didn't pay off amount on the statement. I spoke back to her "what about $400 I paid for $282.00 amount of the purchases. Didn't it off?" The second Explaining that I had $160 amount on too. I respond that amount of the statement would be closed on July 16th, so my payment was July 5th for the statement due day on July 13th. I questioned why I have to pay interest charges on it. The third explaining truly bothered me - that she said the $400 amount I paid $93 went to the promotion balance. I said "alright. I think so, But over $300 left on that payment amount still over the amount of $282 purchases."

I keep questioned the same why, then final explaining I got that She said the other $50 went for the $50 transfer fee on the promotion balance amount so $93+$50, then the went rest for the purchases balance. It wasn't enough to pay off. Well This is pretty my great lesson for me to learn. I truly counted carefully of every my spending, because I didn't make big income to spend for interest payment at all. I don't want to fall into a deep debt hole, But I was still trapped to this problem. I have been with many companies, But I had never trapped like this case. Please consumers to be carefully. My opinion.

Received a credit report turning me down for an Amazon Chase Visa Card that I absolutely never applied for. Looks like a phishing scam to me.

I get an e-mail from Chase Amazon for 30$ off 150$ spent on Amazon. No specific details are noted. It is -noted to be for Primeday -7-12-16. I try to use it repeatedly. I talk with Amazon people who put me to Chase people. It starts out saying invalid coupon code early in the day (6 AM). I am told by Chase and Amazon people to only buy prime items, not using my points etc. I try this repeatedly. I keep talking to reps from both camps. Finally around 2 pm I am told to try again later. I did and got "promotion over." What? I call Chase again, demand names. They refuse to give names and be held responsible but say the offer expired at 12 Noon. I was on the phone prior to 12 Noon and around 2 PM, no one said anything about a time limit.

Finally I get a supervisor who is flippant and happy to cancel my card. His name was Tony ** from the San Antonio, Texas location of Chase. He was proud to give me his name and taunt me further. He was rude and flippant after all the frustration his reps and Amazon put me through for the stupid coupon. I called Amazon to complain about him and the whole process. They gave me a courtesy credit due to the run around Tony and his staff put me through.

When you have a promotion... Spell out the terms clearly. Note the time the promotion ends. Nowhere on the coupon did it say it would end at 12 noon and was only good for amazon goods bought directly from Amazon only (provided and delivered by Amazon... Their own stock). I was told repeatedly it was for prime items. Prime items can be from many companies. This campaign was deceptive and in my opinion intentionally so. Reps like Tony have no business in customer service. That goes for Marie **. from the San Antonio location too.

If there was a place for half a star or even a no star rating I would put it there. We had a Chase Card which we paid off on June 30th. Today in the mail we get a bill for $119.55 for a charge on the card. The charge was for interest by what they say prior to pay off. We tried to no avail to dispute this charge. They wouldn't even do a courtesy thing. We have another bank's card and got an interest charge on it after paying it off. They did a courtesy thing and removed the charge. I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone. They are the worst place to do business with. Now they lost another customer and I really hope they lose more. We have our home loan through them as well. We are planning on changing that, too.

I have been with this company since 2004 and I upgraded to a Chase united plus card because they were offering 50,000 miles on United. I am not a rich woman and I have 2 children. My husband is a lifeguard for the city and county of Hawaii. We do not make a lot of money so I thought that we could use these points to travel which would otherwise be impossible.

So it is our 15 year anniversary and we wanna go to New york for just a week. I called to check my points. Chase says that from 2014 - Feb of 2016 I did not use my card (mostly because their company is a pain in the ass to deal with) so ALL my points we deleted!!!:( I asked to speak to a "supervisor" who rudely tells me there is nothing she can do.

I have been loyal to you and have paid all my bills with you for 12 years and you can do NOTHING for me!!! I am HEARTBROKEN. The "supervisor" on top of it all was SO rude. No compassion, No kindness. I asked her name and she says it's "samantha" so out of the millions of Chase card employees I am sure they will know this one " samantha". She says she couldn't give me a employee ID number or anything. Great! I am so saddened by the lack of customer service and all around lack of humanity that they showed me. I am looking for another credit card service and praying that the next one won't be as bad. It is so frustrating knowing that there is nothing I can do against a Giant filthy rich company.

7-7-2016 I signed in to see my credit card account balance but the screen said doesn't recognize me or something so I had to check a box to have a security number sent to my cell phone. I received it and entered it into box and still could not get in - I have been getting in before without any trouble. I called a Chase rep and told him what happened and he went through questions etc to identify me and unlocked the account - so I signed out and back in to test it and all was well. He showed a phone number on the screen for me which wasn't my number and I told him to remove it and told him my number and he said "Yes that's what we have."

7-8-2016 I went to sign in and same thing happened - I called and got the security number to enter in box so I could get access to my credit card acct. It worked this time - question is will I have this same problem every day that I try to sign in? They don't know what is wrong. He said maybe the cookies are erased. I checked and there was about 5 items with Chase name with cookies appearing for each one - so why am I being ask by computer to receive on my cell phone another number so I can type it in to get access to my account? This is crazy. They have all my info correct so what is going on with Chase?

First of all, Chase incites you with 5% cash back. You really never get it though. It is 5% on very specific things at very specific times. Most of the time you will get 1% cash back, which most cards offer. Secondly, they incite you with $150 cash back after spending $250, and $25 for adding an authorized user. You will get it, but you will have to jump through hoops to get it applied to your bill; they will try to get you an Applebee's gift card! Third, extremely low limits! I got $2,000 with a 730 credit score & no open credit cards! Get an American Express!! You'll get 6% back on groceries everyday, plus the promotional 6% on other things, & get your bonuses without struggle.

On 2015 April 2 we notified Chase Visa of attempts by a fraudulent vendor (Coach Royal LLC) to charge our Chase Visa card for about $7,500. These charges were never authorized or approved by us. A few days later Chase Visa nevertheless accepted the charges despite our repeated warnings and notifications that the charges were not legitimate. Countless phone calls and correspondences over the past 14 months have failed to resolve the issue. Chase continues to insist that we pay for their mistake. In good faith we have made minimum payments to keep the account in good standing as we attempted to work with Chase to resolve this error.

As a result, the potential cost has now grown to about $9000. Incredibly, various "supervisors" and "managers" at Chase have told us it is not Chase's responsibility to monitor the business practices of the various vendors who attempt to charge our card. Apparently, anything goes, and anyone can place any charge, legitimate or otherwise, on a Chase Visa, and Chase will compel the cardholder to pay up. In other words, Chase subjects its cardholders to unknown and unknowable risks, despite any and all reasonable steps the cardholder may take to protect Chase from fraudulent or otherwise illegitimate charges.

Chase allows a fraudulent or closed account to be put in as a (pay from) account. They know this is used by scammers. The online account will show the payment being made from a fraudulent account and the customer will rely on that information to make another purchase. A bank requires an unknown check to clear before those funds are available to the customer but Chase credit card shows the funds available in the credit card account so the customer thinks the funds are available. They call this their honor system and even allow it on a brand new account entered. They knowingly let this fraud happen and then hold the customer accountable. American Express has much better fraud protection. I know people that will never use Chase again.

Just hung up with Chase Credit Card. I have a Chase Amazon and Chase Slate. I noticed I have been charged $49.14 interest on $2,012.34 balance (29.99 interest rate) and $35.02 Interest on $1864.95 balance (19.49 Interest rate). I called Chase, the girl couldn't do anything about it. I asked what determined this rate. She said credit and management. I asked to speak with a supervisor. I explaining in a calm voice the problem. He said a review was coming up in August. He couldn't do anything about it. I asked if Chase was willing to lose a customer with excellent credit instead of lowering the rate to one more appropriate for a customer with such credit. No, there is nothing he can do.

I intend to pay both cards off and never use any of Chase services again. I had a problem back in 2003 with a mortgage while going through divorce. There were payments not paid when I took over the bills and I tried to work something out with Chase. I remember a young man telling me to either bring account up to date or they will foreclose. Not willing to work with me to catch up. He told me to have a yard sale! There is no reason to insult when trying fix a problem. He obviously did nothing to help. Guess it is my fault for trying Chase again.

If you have ever received an award (airline miles, or points) thru Chase but you pay monthly, no late fee or exorbitant interest rate, they will cancel your credit card arbitrarily. No warning, just "bank policy". This is disgusting as thousands of consumers sign up for rewards.

Don't use this card. Chase are only interested in taking care of merchants, not customers. I charge 1/2 of a large transaction to my Amazon/Chase credit card and 1/2 to my USAA credit card. After the merchant didn't deliver on the services I asked for, I disputed the charges with both credit card companies. Chase/Amazon didn't refund my money, even after 3-4 attempts to provide them with my point of view and documents that proved the merchant was in the wrong. USAA refunded my money, no questions asked. Conclusion... don't use Chase credit cards or banking. USAA is the best bank, credit card and insurance company I have ever worked with. Needless to say I cancelled my Amazon/Chase credit card after they refused to refund my money on a fraudulent charge.

I am sitting across from a Chase employee now. This has been going on for TOO LONG. She has called card services, we have logged on to my account. I have simply asked for my credit card payment history. They keep offering me transaction history, but have yet to produce my PAYMENT history. I want it, as I believe I am being overcharged, but each time they agree to show me my payment history, I am given a transaction history. I could go on but let's just say, it's starting to smell rotten @ Chase.

In January 2016 I applied for a Chase Freedom credit card. The promotion that was going on included unlimited 1% cash back on purchases, bonus cash back in specific categories when I activate it and $150 cash back for spending $500 within the first 90 days of opening the account. My first transactions included 2 balance transfers, which I clearly understood was not going towards the $500 in purchases that I needed to get the $150 in cash back. The following transactions that were made were all eligible purchases and equaled beyond the $500 needed. Chase policy stated it takes about 8 weeks for the credit to be applied to my account. I waited and then I realized I never received my credit for the $150.

I called customer service and explained about the promotions that were available to me when I opened the account and he proceed to tell me there wasn't any promotions on my account. The $150 cash back was the reason for me wanting to open this credit card in particular and not go with other offers from other banks. I asked to speak to his manager and was told that they would escalate the claim and a manager will get in touch with me.

Several days later a representative contacted me and said they would not honoring my claim and that I would not receive the $150 cash back. I ask him to explain to me how can a promotion that has been going since before I applied for my credit card and is still presently available today, skip my account completely and not be honored. His only response was "I'm not sure." I had a customer service representative from the executive office contact me till once again told me that I will not be receiving my credit of $150. I have never dealt with someone so rude and disrespectful in my life. She would not let me get any word out about the situation.

My husband and I were so excited to get credit cards. We had left them alone for over a decade but we were offered a Chase Freedom Card with a nice credit limit and decided to take advantage. My husband doesn't shop at all so I paid a couple of bills and did modest spending in which I was planning to pay the majority off on the due date. I even planned a weekend trip with my girlfriend and was excited to have the card to rent a car. Well the night before I was to leave my trip I made a payment through Western Union and noticed my account declined. It could not be. I had more than enough on my balance to use the card. After several attempts using the card I called Chase in which they informed me my card was suspended. I asked, "Why?" They said, "We need to speak to the primary user." So I had my husband call and he answered a number of questions, not thinking of it again.

On my way home from my trip, I called to check the balance on my card and they have closed the whole account. I have a car rental pending on this very card. In sheer panic, I call Chase and they tell me it is with their fraud department and they can't give me any more information. I immediately fax them my license other information in hopes of moving the process faster to no avail. As I write this, I am sitting in an airport with no credit card to pay this car. I am devastated. They have no safeguards for their customers and they were very rude.

Hands down over and over. I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

I have had my Chase credit card since 2012. Has zero balance, haven't used in 2 years since I didn't remember that I even had that card since we upgraded to Chase Sapphire and that's what we use. I get a letter stating my account is being closed, no prior notification was given to me. I don't want it to be closed, it's going to affect my credit line and score. When I called all I get from Chase is "Sorry we can't do anything for you." When requested to speak to supervisor he suggested to call lending department who can help.

When I called the lending department I was told they don't take phone calls anymore. This is bull, so disappointed that there is no customer service with a major credit card company like Chase, and of course they don't care for our business; and their customer service people don't know what their jobs are. I am going to cancel my Chase Sapphire card too since it is not worth it and give my business to American Express.

I have been a Visa card holder for almost 15 years. Never been late with a payment and always paid more than minimum due. In mid April I paid the card off. Over $8,500. The account has been 0 since. Yesterday, they charged me what they call residual interest of $37. When I called to ask them to waive it, I spoke to two different reps who were both very unprofessional and told me they would not do it. When I then said to cancel the card, they just said "ok". I paid off three other credit cards and they all waived any fees that were charged after I paid them off. I tried to cancel 1 other card with Amex and they practically begged me not cancel the card. Chase does absolutely NOTHING for their customers.

I am truly disappointed in Chase Visa, customer service, client service and their entire card service dispute department. I spent endless hours dealing with their team and was truly amazed by their lack of follow-up, customer protection and communication. I disputed a charge in December - returned the item and was then charged by Visa again, because they refunded the person their money in error. Without contacting me first. After leaving 3 calls for Mrs. **, I was told by someone else that they can no longer get in touch with the company and they cannot help me get the refund. I have to contact Hoverboard on my own.

Why would I want to partner with such incompetence. I closed my card immediately. I would choose a bank that would support their customers. This was the only dispute I have ever made. My husband and I have multiple account with Chase and we have discussed closing them all! This was such a surprise to me, but certainly an eye opener. I now have to chase Hoverboard 360 (which is an entirely different issue and a company never to work with).

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards