Find the Best Card

Chase Credit Cards
3.82/5
Based on 1,090 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase Credit Cards

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

4959 Chase Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was trying to dispute a charge with Chase over an Expedia charge on my card. After disputing back and forth for almost 5 weeks and for me providing documentation, they took Expedia's side and said it was a valid charge on my account and deducted my account for 308.00. They did nothing to try to help me. I do not recommend Chase cards to anyone. Go to Capital One instead if you want great customer service!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I tried to dispute an unwanted charge on my Chase credit card. I spent hours on the phone with the dispute department trying to explain my situation. After about six weeks I received a call back from Chase and they said the merchant was contacted and they claimed the charge was valid, so they are deducting $70 from my account for something I didn’t even know I signed up for. I thought I used credit cards to protect me from situations like this. Little did I know that even when you a cancel a previous card, Chase will forward any transactions to the new one, different number and all. I always thought the customer was right, not the merchant! My card was canceled immediately and I signed up with Citi. Stay clear of anything to do with a Chase credit card!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

An AutoNation service dept charged my daughter $195 even though no repair was done, and there was no signature authorizing the charge. After months of complying with Chase's dispute process, we were told Chase considered the charge valid, with no explanation other than that. I'm guessing AutoNation is an important Chase/JPM customer??? So the cardholder gets no help with a bogus charge.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I booked international flight using Chase ultimate reward portal. I am not able to cancel/reschedule my booking. There is no way we can do it online. We have to call the call center and they have long waiting time. And every time I called them they said system is not working so either wait for 45 min to get to supervisor or call again. Call center experience is really bad.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The situation is that a vendor double billed an expensive item to my card. No order number, no email - just a $2259 charge. I was selling a home, buying another and moving to a new state and I lost track of the charge. However, when I did get a hold of the vendor, they admitted the mistake and was initially responsive to my inquiry. They promised a check in two weeks - a check that never showed. After a few more messages the vendor promised a new check - that never showed. Slowly stopped returning calls.

I eventually called Chase. They "researched my claim" which consisted of a single call to vendor with no live response and determined via a letter that "We consider the charge(s) valid based on the result of our research". Research means one unanswered call. This is unbelievable and yet all factual. I have cancelled my card which I have had for more than a decade. Get an American Express or a Discover. Tthey will stand behind you. See the other reviews of a lack of customer support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 13, 2019

JP Morgan Chase is by far the worst, or maybe Synchrony, credit card issuer. Unless you have a premium card you get International customer service. They charge the highest interest rates. Their Card benefits have stupid restrictions like requiring you to book travel the previous day. Worst of all after paying a boatload of interest they will not help you out in any way once you have paid your debts in full. Of course, it is not in their policy to do it but every other credit card company is willing to waive fees and interest as a courtesy. ** Chase Bank.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Beware of enticing rewards program of Chase Credit Cards - your miles don't go as far as other cards and chase does not advocate for you.What I wrote on Chase's Facebook page 4/08/19 >>> I am not feeling that you're putting ME first as a personal and BUSINESS customer. I decided to switch over 2 personal cards and one business card to Chase from Merrill Lynch. I am trying to use my reward miles for the first time to book a hotel room that shows on the search page as 14,346 pts. per night. I am getting hit with a 9,000 mile surcharge PER NIGHT for a charge the hotel is trying to pass through a charge to me of $100 per NIGHT because I have 4 people in a room (my 3 teens and me).

The room has 2 queen beds (and the room shows a capacity of 4). So, in total, I am being charged 46,750 pts. for 2 nights (50% more than I should due to a bogus hotel room charge). I called your rewards dept. and they initially told me that they couldn't do anything about this because the charge is sent by the hotel. They acknowledged that it does not seem right, since the capacity is 4 people. I am still on hold after 1 hr. 7 mins. after being passed from the initial customer service rep to a "Specialist" in Tier 1 (Crystal) only to be told that she would be immediately passing me to Tier 2/Supervisor (Jonathan) - this is protocol (so corporate policy overrides customer convenience once again). So, it's taking me over an hour to rectify something that never should have happened.

Scary thing is that I still want to book a couple of other hotels with my rewards- ugh! I am a small business owner and time is money. I am not feeling good about my switch to Chase cards right now. My rule is that I only work with companies that SAVE me time (to allow me to grow my business), not companies that waste my time (which results in the opposite). That makes sense, right?

As I write this, the supervisor reached out to the hotel (hotel rep. = KENNETH at THE PALAZZO AT THE VENETIAN) and they are saying that they charge an additional $50 per person per night for any persons over 2, if they are older than 12. My kids are 14, 18 and 20 and the room capacity says FOUR. In addition, they charge $51.02 per night "resort fee" due at check-in, which I was willing to pay-but also disagree with this "nickel and dime" approach. But - all of this could be the case with other hotels that Chase partners with, so OTHER CHASE CUSTOMERS SHOULD BEWARE.

All of this while I wait on hold for what turned out to be 1 hr. and 16 mins.! This is not MY problem. This is Chase's problem to work out with the hotel. The surcharge should be removed from my miles and Chase should work this out with the hotel. Customer Service is saying that the "system" won't allow them to do this. The status is that they have elevated it to yet another Tier (Tier 3?) to see what they can do. They will call me back within 4 hours. What will happen if I'm on another call for my business? Who knows... Summary - probably going to look for a new credit card company to place my 3 cards through.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was offered Chase Card thru my Amazon Account. Had it for few months and then all of a sudden all my Amazon orders were put on hold due to the pmt issue. Apparently, Chase closed my account with no explanation...no letter...no email. I have excellent credit score and have never been late with any pmts on any of my cards. No more Chase for me. Horrible experience.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have made numerous contacts regarding a rebill to my account. A rep said that my account would be credited $1660.00. She would send a paper copy showing it would be listed as a rebill, because that is how Chase does it. I questioned, "A REBILL?" "Yes, that is how a credit shows," according to her. The bill was for Sprint, Sprint billed me in error. As soon as I saw that on 12/11 I disputed this. At about the same time I had received info From Sprint President (located on Facebook). He immediately directed his agency to remove bill. The following month a rep from Chase called. I was currently in a Dr's office and I said, "All is well. Sprint took care of my erroneous bill..." At this point the Chase rep decided to do a REBILL instead of a credit and things have gone from bad to worse. The ironic part is the girl tried to tell me that Sprint is still owed $1660.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I am immediately switching off of Chase Bank accounts. Time after time I've had a horrible customer service experience with incompetent agents, all the way up to their supervisors. I booked a hotel using my points and wanted to cancel it. I went to cancel it and the page said (in the Chase portal) my points would be refunded in 10 minutes. Therefore, I went ahead, and wanted to re-book for a different night.

However 5 days later my points have not been refunded. Today I had my second unsatisfying 2 hour call, where I was bounced between 7 different departments, all of whom would tell me they can't help expedite my return, nor give me any make good points for the hotel price going up even though it was their miscommunication to make me think I'd have my points back within 10 minutes.

This credit card is not nearly worth the trouble it's caused me and I wish that this would be escalated somewhere in senior management to make a change to this system. Can't wait to call back tomorrow and go through this all over again to still no success. Writing this as I am on hold by the way for the past 11 minutes waiting to speak to a supervisor (Who I already spoke with by the way and they transferred me to member services, hopped off the line, and the member services person said word for word "I don't know why they transferred you here. I can't help you.")

Original review: March 24, 2019

Attempted to use points to purchase airline tickets. When asked to enter a valid Chase credit card number we were repeatedly flagged that a valid number needed to be entered to complete the transaction. This continued to happen despite trying to use three different Chase cards. Not surprisingly the service representative was unable to resolve the issue but dutifully registered the problem and told us they would get back to us in a week. Of most interest upon hanging up we immediately accessed the same tickets via the same website and using the same Chase Sapphire credit card this time without trying to use our points and the credit card was immediately accepted and the transaction completed. Give this company some serious thought before you sign up or do business with them.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Upon going over my Chase Slate credit card account summary online I received a notification as to a gift. It implied I qualified- pre approved for the Chase Freedom Visa Platinum account. Just apply. I applied and was denied! Not cool! The Slate account balance I plan on paying in full to which the account will be closed ending any and all business with Chase.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Held a Chase United Club card for over five years ($450 annual fee). Card was compromised and account had to be changed four times in last 16 months, a major inconvenience. Biggest problem was finding an unfamiliar phone number listed as a contact on the account, and not being able to speak with a Chase rep about it (“All our representatives are busy; your hold time will be >10 min”). Cancelled card.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I was scammed last October for around $530. The transaction was done through PayPal but they advised me to dispute it with the card it was run on, Chase. When I did, they notified PayPal who then placed a hold on the funds of the merchant's. Two months later, Chase then informed me they are closing it not in my favor, claiming I never provided proof, when in actuality I have submitted loads of proof and filled out a letter they sent. But they claimed I did not.

The man was quite rude and I believe insulting me (but was hard to tell if he called me names or not due to his lisp). I then contacted PayPal who advised me that if Chase won't do anything, to take legal action against the merchant. I contacted them again and let them know I am prepared to do just that. She then offered to send my money back but not until PayPal releases the hold on the funds. PayPal tells me they are still waiting on Chase to make a decision and if it's in my favor the funds will be released to me and if not then the funds will be released back to the merchant.

I then filed BBB complaint, and received a call from Chase Executive offices later that week. I advised her of all of this, but she was rude and continuing to claim I did not do what was asked of me and provide the needed proof. To move past her rudeness, I said to the point PayPal has the funds on hold regardless of what we're bickering about. She 3-way'd PayPal and I was told the exact same thing they told me before, just this time, someone from Chase was on the line to hear it.

After PayPal explained to the lady from Chase Executive office they only need to respond advising it's in the customer's favor then the funds will release back to my card. After an hour of taking PayPal's time and going in circles, the Chase employee said she found the merchant also uses Chase bank and said the money must be lost somewhere in the Chase network and it's up to her to retrieve it. Again, after an hour of PayPal drilling it into this lady's head, she was under the impression that PayPal had nothing to do with it, despite the fact they have the money in question.

Today, March 21 I called to follow up with the Dispute Dept and got the rudest people. I wanted to check the status and advise that I last heard they were looking in the Chase network for the money when PayPal explained to her they have the funds on hold, so if they take it out of the merchant's Chase bank account, then they'd be taking it twice. The lady argued with me.

I started to explain the entire story and when it came to when PayPal advised me to take legal action against the merchant, I was quickly cut off being told I said "legal action" and has to transfer me, the lady did not allow me to speak, and obviously was not listening. The supervisor got on the phone claiming how I made threats to take legal action against Chase and was not receptive when I was trying to explain that I never said that and the rep never gave me the chance to talk. I then told the whole entire story, in hopes for some sort of answer or indication she was listening, she just says "ok, is there anything else I can help you with" I then hung up.

Chase representatives do not have the ability to listen and comprehend a problem, they are very anti-customer and it seems like they are doing everything they can to be against the customer when they should be helpful. They have made false claims and do not care when you try to explain to someone else. PayPal claims they are waiting on Chase to reply and Chase claims they are waiting on PayPal to reply.

On my first go around with this dispute, Chase advised me they were closing it because the merchant replied, and only sent me the automated response but nothing from the actual merchant. It blows my mind that Chase believes that PayPal was the original merchant. All of this was explained on that 3-way call between Chase, PayPal and myself, but the Chase rep still argued, being against the customer continuing on about how I didn't provide the proof that I actually did. I am just appalled due to how they can be so against the customer and treat the customer with such disrespect. I have a 2 year old son who doesn't listen all the time and only cares for his parents, it's my belief if we lived in Delaware that he'd be perfect for the job.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have had nothing but problems with my Chase sapphire. I love the card look and its benefits, however the customer service is the worst. I have been locked out of my account more than 20 times in less than two years. Chase cannot give me a reason for why this happens. And they love to cold transfer you and waste your time again and again with agents who don't know what they are doing.

They consistently change my auto pay amount without my knowledge. As well as, they closed my card for being two days late on payment when I called and ask for new payment date. (Yes I called in addition to cover my **.) I was changing jobs and my paychecks didn't line up like normal and so I changed my payment date online within the month and they said it never went through in time. They said that their system must have been updating and so I got screwed. Closed card and lost all my points. Asked them to reopen since I was a customer for over two years with no late penalties and they said they wouldn't do it. So ** them. I will never bank with them nor use any of their cards. Barclay has better service for travel cards. Now, I stick to my travel Amex and discover.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Chase is literally the worst bank of all time. The PR or communications department needs to be fired and their policies are incredibly dense. I signed up for an Amazon credit card as well and they have not given me any payment information. I did not even know this card was issued through Chase until I got an email 38 days after the payment was due. No call, no email, no mail. I only have a credit card with these people and I've told their team that I cannot make an online Chase account because every time I log in my account is either suspended or is not eligible to have an account. They have told me that the only way they change the late report is if there is a bank error and they refuse to acknowledge that not informing the consumer of expectations, not discussing due dates, and not allowing customers to make online accounts are all bank errors. Truth be told, I would NEVER have opened this card if I knew it was through Chase.

I do not trust them. People have also reported of checking accounts being closed without reason... WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION? If you ask me, I hope someone blows the whistle on their unethical practices because there is clearly an issue. I understand that a financial institution is bound to have some unhappy customers because you're dealing with people's money. I am a reasonable person but this bank has practices behind closed doors that do not allow for transparency. Why is there a lack of notifications when that option is readily available for all of their accounts? Why is this bank closing long term accounts without reason? How come none of the branch associates know why accounts are closed without reason? Why does this bank not allow you to make an online account for your credit card? Why can you not opt in for paperless statements on the phone? Where do these issues end?

THERE ARE BANKS OUT THERE THAT CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS WITH THEM RATHER THAN MAKING a $25 late fee off you. My accounts will be closed with them as soon as possible. I am so disappointed in my experience. The popularity of this bank does not reflect customer satisfaction whatsoever considering my experience and the poor reviews on this website. I truly hope there are consequences for these actions because if there is another consumer who has felt even remotely as disgusted with this bank as I have then it needs to stop. The only thing I can do is close my accounts and I encourage everyone to find a better bank. My review is over, my accounts will be closed, and hopefully, there are some policies implemented or a whistleblower so another consumer does not need to deal with this.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Chase just dinged me for a late payment and took my credit rating from 800 to 714. I received no bills, paper or via email. After talking to them they said there was nothing they could do! I told them there are no emails in my inbox or spam, no paper because I set up paperless when I signed up for this credit card via Amazon. Spoke with two reps and zero from them. I have zero bills. How can I pay a bill if I did not receive one? I cannot. I have a business account with them that I will no cancel and will never ever do business with a company that takes zero responsibility on a problem that was at least partially theirs. I take responsibility for my part of course. I have no reason financially not to pay any of my bills and have done every time (except this one instance) my entire life. No hyperbole there. I'm 51. Now I get to work my credit back up to 800 from this 714 spot in the next few years because Chase refuses to change it, fully in their power to do so, but won't.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had charged on my card back on Jan 9, 2019 to get my car done thinking I needed to get it done. Found out later, the car business who said I needed a major work done was not that necessary to get done after all. He scammed me as I found out from another mechanic. So when I got this billing statement from them, I tried to dispute it and got the merchant's email but no response. I tried to follow up few times with Chase and they said I needed to do a Validation Letter so I finally did last week. They didn't get the pages to the front page of the Validation Letter faxed at Office Depot so I had to get the whole thing re-faxed to them at Chase Bank. No one at Chase, supervisor or Dispute Dept couldn't help me even online to send attachments when there is no place to send it. This is a sad credit card business. You relying on them and they can't support or be there for you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

As a new customer with great credit opening a new credit card attempting to make a balance transfer, every employee at Chase that I spoke with over 2 days for over 5 hours was either completely incompetent, rude, or unhelpful. They have now negatively affected my credit score 2x, left me totally unsatisfied with the card I applied for only a week ago and now cannot cancel. Wasted hours of my time and money, and there is no one to help since their employees are obviously unknowledgeable and unequipped to assist in any way. DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY CHASE CREDIT CARDS. You will be entirely disappointed and there are so many better options!!! WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. ;-(

Original review: March 11, 2019

Decided to look for flights using Ultimate Rewards so I could use my points. I book a flight and tell my travel partner to do the same (also a Chase card holder). She goes on and the flight is gone. We check a few minutes late and it's double in price. The customer support line says it's either all booked or a computer glitch. Hard to believe since I have a screenshot saying 6 tickets left at that price.

The next day I call back to see if I can get my travel partner on the same flight. The women (Erin) is all sorts of confused. She finds a flight for both of us so she canceled my original flight. She quotes me a price. Then her computer crashes and I'm placed on hold. She comes back saying all is fine and books me. I go into my e-mail with her still on the line. She booked 2 ONE WAY tickets. She realizes her mistakes and quickly apologizes and transfers me over to a supervisor. Mind you the price of the 1 way flight is the same as I paid for a round trip yesterday. The supervisor places me on another long hold. She defends her employee making a mistake. Offers to book me another one way flight which would almost double the price. Or she offers to cancel everything without any fees (no fees within 24 hours anyway so hardly a deal) and 5,000 points.

Biggest joke is the 5,000 points I can't use to buy the tickets. Won't be available for 72 hours. They should be ashamed of themselves. They are selling airfare they don't have. The solutions provided didn't match the mistake the employee made. They should have honored the price Erin told me and charged me for. Or maybe offered me more than 5,000 measly points to purchase the other ticket to get to my destination. Absolutely horrible.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I made a reservation on Chase's Travel Services website for two flights on my cell phone. It was not properly disclosed to me at point of sale that I would have to pay extra for a carry on bag and seat selection. When you got to the website, the only option when selecting between different flights is to click the lowest fare, which is apparently now the basic economy option. As usual, I selected the lowest fare and then clicked the accept the terms button. This is what I have done dozens of times before. It was not until after I made my reservation and got an email from the airline that I realized that I would have to pay extra for the seat selection and the carry-on bag.

As I mentioned, I have used Chase Travel Services dozens times over the past few years, and it has never been a problem that I have to pay for seat selection and carry-on bags. I understand this is a new policy for many airlines, but this needs to be properly disclosed to a customer at point of sale. In my case, I was making a purchase in the same manner as I always do and ended up being in a completely different situation. Chase should have been upfront with the fact that you did not get the option to bring a carry-on bag or have seat selection when listing out the prices of the different flights. I spoke with an advisor at Chase who admitted that they only included a vague disclaimer at the end which stated that additional fees for bags may apply.

When I went to the airlines sites to buy the same tickets, those fees were fully and clearly disclosed to the customer. They did not hide behind vague and ambiguous disclaimer language that put the onus on the customer to figure out the full cost of the flight with those fees included. When I asked for those flights to be canceled because of misrepresentations and misleading language, the advisor was unwilling to help me and kept repeating that I had agreed to the vague disclaimers. If even the employees are admitting that the disclaimers are too vague, how can it possibly adequately warn customers of new, unexpected fees?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've had a Chase credit card for the past 5 years. I paid off the balances used at the end of each month and was never late and haven't missed any payments. I used the max on my credit card in Nov& Dec for furnishings for my condo and made a donation to my church. I continued to make more than required monthly payments and paid it down in large amounts twice in Jan and 3 times in Feb and Chase closed my account with an existing balance. Reason given they didn't feel they got a positive review from a credit company. I sent the credit company my W2 to prove I make more than adequate income to cover my credit card balance. I own a condo with 40% equity. Chase never offered a lower interest rate throughout my years with them. I don't recommend this bank.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I travel frequently and spend almost 25K/annually using my Chase card. Leaving Germany, I booked a flight with ICELAND AIRLINE. They could not guarantee me a ticket right away, so I called the ICELANDAIR customer service to canceled. I was transfer to some rep and after 20 minutes, he assured me that the flight back to SFO for $954.00 was going to be canceled. I then went to Kiwi.com and paid double that amount to get my ticket for the same day. I needed the guarantee because I could not have uncertainty when my work expected me to be at a particular location. Later, I realized that I was still billed.

I called CHASE and told them about it. The customer service was awful. All they did was called the company and when the company told them that I booked the flight, they came back to me and said that there is nothing they can do. I am 954.00 in the negative because a company such as Chase is not willing to look into evidence provided even though I spend thousands of dollars with them yearly. I am so disappointed that I will discontinue using this brand. I only have to figure out how to use all my points. I will pursue this case to court if I have to. I am shocked that all they did was to get the opinion of the Icelandair who told them that I did not show up for my flight. How silly. I showed them a receipt of the ticket I bought from Kiwi.com for the same day flight that I took back to SFO and yet they have not refunded my funds.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I received a phone call from Chase whether I purchased online from Ticketmaster. I told her I did not and they told me they will take the charges off my account. They told me don't worry about the charges and said they would cancel my card and send me a new one. Well they sent me my new one and kept one charge on the new account. When I questioned it they told me they would review it again and get back to me. Well I received a letter today saying that the reason they can not reverse the charge is because I received benefit from the transaction! I didn't receive anything but from anywhere! I canceled my Chase cards with this company. Not only did I pay what I owed in FULL every month I've been with them. They are liars when they say that we won't be liable. I still can't believe this. This card is a scam what they tell you to protect you but they don’t.

Original review: March 2, 2019

This would be the second or third time this happened. The bonus points promised when you go to a partnering website are not honored. This last time I was 100% sure to follow the instructions to a tee. I wasn't given the points. After talking to a subpar specialist once, nothing happened. The subsequent callback lead to a long call assuring me I will get the points on my next statement because I didn't wait long enough. Ok, fair enough.

Then a few days later I get a letter in the mail stating that the promotion I KNOW I used wasn't even the one I attempted to use and I didn't use the right code. I know this to be a lie, because I used the Link directly on the Chase page that led me to 1-800-Flowers. Called in today, the supervisor had no care for my concerns. Just a sorry, it is not happening. I asked to escalate it and basically was spoken to like I was lying and trying to get something for free. Which I wasn't. I do it every Christmas. She had NO care for my concern whatsoever. SO to wrap up, They don't care, they lie. Do not honor programs.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Chase Freedom credit card has been ripping me off for several months now. I have been with them for many years, this started happening a few months ago. When you file a dispute or receive a refund or credit from a merchant, Chase applies it to last statement balance (they're now calling it "remaining balance") INSTEAD of applying it to the current balance. As a result, when you pay your January statement (for example), they apply the credit to that, but the current balance stays the same. Then, when you go to pay your February statement (for example), you end up owing Chase for the credit/refund they advanced you in January!

Here's an example: January statement = $10. February (current) statement = $5. You get a $5 refund for a charge in February. (that should make your February [current] statement go down to $0 - but instead, they apply the $5 refund to January statement, bringing it down to $5 from $10 - leaving current balance at $5 still). You pay your January statement, which is now $5. The different in January statement and current balance = $10 (when it should only be $5). In February, Chase makes you pay the remaining $10.

In total, you originally owed $15 before the $5 credit/refund, and now, in the end, with the credit/refund, you STILL owe $15 (instead of $10). So basically, Chase is advancing you the credit/refund, and making you pay the advanced credit/refund on your next statement! Unbelievable! I called them about this a couple months ago, they laughed at me and made me look crazy! I have had a few refunds from merchants in the past 4-6 months, but in the end, I did not get the refunds, Chase makes it LOOK like they're giving you the refund, but in reality, it's an advance, and you end up paying your own refund in the end! Someone needs to report Chase to the BBB immediately!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Chase statements and/or their cardholder online site access fails to disclose all the details behind the full outstanding balance. Trying to determine one's outstanding balance(s) subject to finance charges is anything but easy, even if you contact the service representatives. If you have a promotional rate/access check expiring after your statement issuance date it fails appear in the balance subject to interest.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Booked travel tickets on a Monday. Thought they were booked. The following Sunday I tried to login thru the airlines. No record of them. Called Chase. They said must have been a computer glitch. Talk to supervisor George was going to added the extra points on since flights have went up. George hung up on me after getting all the booking info. Called back to be on hold for a good hour. Thank god the lady was patience because we got another supervisor name George on the line that hung up before being fully transferred.

Waited another 20 mins to get transferred to Dan who couldn't do anything and told me it was my fault. I ended up talking to a agent in customer service and said they couldn't do anything either even though is was a computer glitch on their end and that a supervisor gave out bad information. So I ended up canceling both of my credit cards with them. Good luck. If you look at all their reviews not the best credit card to go with anyway.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Chase Sapphire Reserve billing sucks and the people are rude. I'm canceling my card, and moving my mortgage away from Chase asap. The bank has gone to the toilet. If you make your payment 1 day late, your billing becomes very confusing and they start charging interest immediately. Junk! Going back to AMEX.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had a charge for which no services were received. The merchant was untruthful. Chase provided no help. They said that I had to make the payment. I contested it and provided details of how the merchant was untruthful. I called to cancel and was told by the merchant that I was paid up and would receive no more bills. Yet I did. When I contacted the merchant they claimed that they did not close the account as I had been assured. By now I had closed the credit card account. Chase started billing me late fees. So finally I gave up and paid for services not received just to end this matter. Chase did at least waive the late fee. It would have been nice to see Chase come to the aid of a customer regarding this unscrupulous fraudulent merchant but they did not.

Chase expert review by Beverly Harzog

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.

• Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.

• Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.

• Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.

• Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.

• Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.

• Best for: Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information