Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Chase Credit Cards
3.87/5
Based on 1,534 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase Credit Cards

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

05/19/2016

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

02/16/2018

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
Learn more
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $450 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Just opened a new Chase Visa -- haven't even received in the mail yet. Chase "fraud team" calls me today. I call the number back and the person answering is confused as to why I called? She first tells me she will send me a text, to verify who I am. Then says she is unable to do that. She asks if she can call me back. Call calls from a Texas number. I didn't answer again. No messages left. Strangest thing. I have three other cc'd from three diff banks. This has never happened with any of them. As soon as that card shows up, I will certainly cancel. Not worth it. The entire scenario has fraud written all over it. Totally unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Chase Credit card Customer for 35 years, never failing to pay my credit card balance in full. Last month I was the victim of a scam. Subsequent to that issue, Chase has canceled both of my credit cards and does not intend to reissue them. This is how they reward 35 years of loyalty? I do NOT recommend!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Chase is a predatory business. I've had 4 Chase credit cards. I had 2 years ago and was signed up for paperless billing, after they canceled their Bill Pay service with my bank (couldn't pull their scam with Bill Pay). They were supposed to send an email a week before the bill was due, but they would periodically skip the email and I'd only hear from them when my statement was past due and they tacked on a large late fee and credit charges (I always pay the full amount of statement to avoid credit charges).

The first time they did this, I called them and they reversed the charges, but they kept doing it and would not remove the charges, so I canceled the cards. Years later I got 2 more Chase cards (because I wanted the hotel and airline points) and recently they refused to cancel a bogus charge, siding with a shady company instead of with their customer. So I canceled my 2 cards, after just having paid a hefty "annual fee" on both. They now refuse to refund the annual fees or even pro-rate them. They rip off their customers, so I will never do business with Chase again and recommend everyone stay away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have multiple credit cards with Chase and Chase cards continues to be my go-to credit cards. I will always be a loyal customer service to Chase due to responsive customer service and fair consideration of credit card purchase disputes. I have had credit cards with American Express and Capital One, and I have to say there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to the way they work with their customers.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We pay $500 a year for our Chase card, and the customer service is TERRIBLE. I can't count the number of times that I have spent hours on the phone with them about simple issues, to hang up with nothing resolved. They have messed up our travel reservations 3 different times now and have tried to make us pay for their mistakes every single time. This card is HORRIBLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My card has been having fraudulent activity so when I called to get it fixed not only did the caller sound unconcerned with what my needs were but he was also extremely rude and kept placing me on hold without notice. This has never happened before as everyone else I’ve spoken to has been exceptional, moving forward my account was placed on hold and I’m being sent a new card supposedly this caller had filed a claim but my account is STILL being hacked and I am now overdrawn. Also side note his accent was super thick which is usually not a problem other than when you really need to understand what the person is saying. When I asked him to repeat himself all he did was get louder and more aggressive. After this I’m heavily considering switching banks.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Chase send me numerous Pre-approved offers with 0% rate for 12 months. I applied and get approved for $4,000.00 credit limit. So I using my limit and set up payment auto draft from my bank account. I paid off balance before the promotion about expired. As soon I paid off the balance, Chase Credit card decreased my credit limit down to $500.00. It really hurt my credit when they do that to people who is excellent payments status and good credit like me. I have American Express and Discover and other credit cards credit limit range from $15,000.00 - $23,000.00. I am writing this review to help someone out there to know about Chase credit card will hurt people credit by decrease credit limit with no fault reasons.

Also I have business account with Chase. I make a payment check for $535.00 to my vendor but chase cash out $10,535.00 in my business bank account, the different of $10,000.00 dollars go to chase bank not go to my vendor. I found out after 2 months and called Chase bank, all they said just apologized for a mistake. Everyone be careful and make sure do your bank reconcile every month if you are banking with Chase.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I've had a Chase credit card for four years now. Today I noticed that my balance went from $5000 to $500. I called and asked why, and the answer was that they evaluated my credit report and since there was a negative mark they dropped me all the way down to $500! I've never been late on my Chase card and was disputing the negative remark because it was false. They said they mailed letters to me and I've never received a single letter. I am very upset with this horrible customer service and the fact they dropped me down after paying off my $5000 card completely. I've been a loyal customer and was treated horribly. I've never even been late on my Chase Auto (car payment)!

The only answer was for me to reapply and have them pull my credit (and take another hit) to ask for more credit when the dispute is completed. Unfortunately for Chase, I have decided to stick with my other credit card companies and just close this card out. We always used this for our Disney vacation. However, it's not worth being a Chase customer anymore. Thanks for the support Chase after all the loyalty I've given you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have had a Chase credit card since 2016. We paid it off in 2017 and they increased the limit. I would call in to make payments so I didn't look at statements very often. We have not used this card since 2017 except for balances under $20 and were paying every month. We got a notice that the balance was $3700 when the limit is $3000. We contacted the bank and asked for statements and I literally have called every day for months. They just sent us new cards on June 28, however to date they have only gotten $1200 off. They wanted us to make a payment plan and we said no not until the fraud is figured out because I am not agreeing to the debt. They see how I have called and the disputes and they told me today the account is permanently closed because I wouldn't agree to a payment plan on spending that wasn't mine.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Not only did Chase deny my business a credit card after maintaining a business account and doing business transactions through them for over 4 years, but they also recently denied removing a charge from my account for a tv that was broken and the store refused to take it back. I had reservations about Chase years ago and decided to do business with them anyways. Things were good for a short time, but recently they have left a bad taste in my mouth and I feel very disrespected as a loyal customer. Time to find a credit union, CHASE DOES NOT RESPECT ITS CUSTOMERS ONLY ???? Take yours elsewhere!!

Chase Credit Cards Company Information