Find a Credit Cards partner

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1723 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statemen...

Verified

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to...

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My family and I and even my boyfriend we all have Chase. Never had a one single complaint. The customer service rep I spoke with waived the $30 fee to stop automatic payments on my card, which I very much appreciated. My mother was a victim of fraud , they launched an investigation and refunded my mom her money. I literally do not have on single complaint I have never one problem with my check or credit card acc. I recommend them to everyone! Chase keep up the great customer service and company in general. I will never switch.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I have a Chase credit card that I use often. When I don't want to put the charge on my bank account, I can use my Chase card and pay it off a little at a time. The interest rate is good, and customer service is excellent. I can put it on auto pay or just pay through the website easily. The website is easy to use and laid out well. I would recommend chase to everyone.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Customer service is OK, some cards have excellent perks, and generally the payment process is very simple. I would prefer that the payment portal has more self-service customer service options. Chase Rewards can be very beneficial for a person's specific needs but you have to spend a little bit of time digging around in the app to "activate" certain benefits.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I originally applied for it to get a discount on Amazon purchases. Turns out that it was a major improvement over the previous card I had. I could not get my last one to notify of charges and their app was horrible. Chase has an excellent app and instant notification any time a charge is made. Great customer service as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have been lucky enough to have a Chase credit card. My credit isn't the best but they took a chance on me and I will not let them down. I try to be very careful charging on this card and I always try and pay it off monthly. Their customer service has been wonderful and I am proud to be Chase Card holder.

Original review: July 5, 2021

American Airlines charged my Chase Freedom card and collected $591.62 for domestic flight charges that my family was denied a ticket to board a flight we paid for and booked 2 months prior. We were told by Chase the charges were too old to be disputed and it was a good charge despite American Airlines cancelling our ticket. We paid the Chase bill and received confirmation and receipt for our flight at the time of booking. However, once we went to check in we found out American Airlines cancelled our flight and did not email or contact us. We were denied a ticket we paid for at booking through Chase 2 months prior to the flight and no seats left on the day of flight. Chase says the charges were too long ago to be disputed and will not refund us. American Airlines cancelled and did not tell their own American Airlines booking agent or us of a cancellation. Will never do business with Chase or American Airlines again!

Original review: June 10, 2021

Calling customer "service" to dispute my denied fraud claim was a futile, frustrating waste of time. I called several times over three consecutive days trying to reach someone who could help me. Each time I called, I was transferred to a new person who had a new reason for being unable to help me. In total, I spent a few hours trying to escalate the decision or find someone who could help me. All to no avail. I finally gave up. Chase and the vendor have my money for a product I never bought. Now that's the fraud. Frankly, I have rarely seen such poor customer service. I have been a Chase card customer for over ten years but based on this experience, I am unlikely to use my Chase card again.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My trip, purchased with card points, was cancelled because of COVID. When I tried to rebook with my “travel credits” I was quoted a price that was 6x my original trip price. After many hours with the service person on the phone, mostly on hold, I was disconnected. He may have called back but that call was immediately disconnected. This is the second terrible experience I have had trying to rebook cancelled flights due to COVID with Chase.

Original review: April 9, 2021

CHASE will never get my business again. I've been a long, loyal customer for over 10 years, with two different credit cards with CHASE. Out of the blue in January 2021, I tried to use my Sapphire credit card and it was declined at the store. I check my account and my two cards have been closed without my notice. No emails, no phone call, no mail. Just closed.

I've never been late on a payment and my credit score is excellent. I call a representative to ask what is happening and they told me that they could give me no further information, only that they could not reopen my cards. When I probed further, they started speaking about my AMEX card and how I have a balance on it- to which I replied, what does AMEX have to do with you, CHASE? My credit score is excellent and I've had no personal issues with you- the representative stuttered and couldn't answer me. I'm sure that this bank is reevaluating their bottom line and closing customer accounts that aren't making any money for them. I am being punished because I don't pay a ridiculous amount of interest to them each month and because I know how to work balance transfers to AMEX. 10 years down the drain. Goodbye.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Chase Customer Service gave me incorrect info about disputing a charge posted to my credit card account. The Chase dispute team supervisor that I spoke with was more interested in how I expressed my concerns, rather than listening to my concerns. I asked her to put someone on the phone who was capable of speaking with a person who was upset, and that the manner in how I spoke was how I speak. I was then told by the Chase Dispute team that the Chase Customer Care team provided me with inaccurate information and did not know the dispute process.

The dispute team supervisor then apologized for her" misunderstanding" that she ascribed to me as "yelling" and acting "unprofessionally". She offered me a $100 courtesy certificate. All, that I wanted from her was respect as a long time and loyal customer, not a $100 courtesy certificate. However, I did accept the courtesy certificate. And, she continued to be dismissive throughout the entire encounter.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information