Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Chase Credit Cards
3.85/5
Based on 1,526 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase Credit Cards

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
Learn more
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $450 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

It's a nice card, I applied for it few months ago and already was able to purchase free flight tickets for my upcoming trip. If you have a high credit score and no history of missed payments and looking for a rewards card, I recommend applying for it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Chase Reserve not worth it anymore. There’s so much fine print on the benefits it’s impossible to get the value out of this card. I’m dumping it and going back to my Citibank American Airlines. Give me no hassle about using similar benefits and does not charge me $450. One example: we arrived minutes after midnight and our prepaid rental office at the airport was closed. We had to rent from another company. Called Chase that night, called Chase next day, call Chase for the next three weeks and zero credit.

Tried the chase shopping website to get a few extra points on something I needed to buy anyway. Turns out I paid $180 for something on priced at $115 everywhere else on Amazon. I’ve didn't spend time shopping around because of a purchase protection however they only included very few vendors and did honor any of the lower priced vendors. Gouging & no benefit. With my CitiCard I’ve even received an $80 credit for some Scott ski goggles without applying. They matched them up

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Had an issue with a local dentist. They claimed that my insurance refused to pay anything for a procedure. So I paid with my Amazon Visa. The bill was $ 575.00, but they charged the card $ 670.00. Discovered the insurance company did pay $ 585.00. Got proof of payment from the insurance company, sent it to Chase Amazon Visa. They said it wasn't good enough to dispute. Said I must send proof of HOW it was paid. A check number, or wire transfer number. Really? They are stalling, and making up excuses not to reverse the illegal charge. They DO NOT have the customer's interest in mind.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I lost luggage on trip to Europe, filled out the forms, and then Chase said they needed me to provide a form from Norwegian Air. It is impossible to get anything from Norwegian Air, and I assume Chase knows this- thus they paid me nothing even though I lost $1400 of luggage, including a brand new suitcase. Bottom line- Don't assume you are covered for lost luggage, or any other insurance, from Chase.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

After 15+ years of being a bank customer and a credit card customer with several credit card accounts, Chase decided I was a credit risk and drastically lowered my credit limit on all credit card accounts issued by them. I have never paid late, missed a payment or went over my credit limit. 15+ YEARS. By doing this, Chase lowered my credit score by almost 10 points. IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW. IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CREDIT HISTORY AND RATING, DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Just opened a new Chase Visa -- haven't even received in the mail yet. Chase "fraud team" calls me today. I call the number back and the person answering is confused as to why I called? She first tells me she will send me a text, to verify who I am. Then says she is unable to do that. She asks if she can call me back. Call calls from a Texas number. I didn't answer again. No messages left. Strangest thing. I have three other cc'd from three diff banks. This has never happened with any of them. As soon as that card shows up, I will certainly cancel. Not worth it. The entire scenario has fraud written all over it. Totally unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal Chase Credit card Customer for 35 years, never failing to pay my credit card balance in full. Last month I was the victim of a scam. Subsequent to that issue, Chase has canceled both of my credit cards and does not intend to reissue them. This is how they reward 35 years of loyalty? I do NOT recommend!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Chase is a predatory business. I've had 4 Chase credit cards. I had 2 years ago and was signed up for paperless billing, after they canceled their Bill Pay service with my bank (couldn't pull their scam with Bill Pay). They were supposed to send an email a week before the bill was due, but they would periodically skip the email and I'd only hear from them when my statement was past due and they tacked on a large late fee and credit charges (I always pay the full amount of statement to avoid credit charges).

The first time they did this, I called them and they reversed the charges, but they kept doing it and would not remove the charges, so I canceled the cards. Years later I got 2 more Chase cards (because I wanted the hotel and airline points) and recently they refused to cancel a bogus charge, siding with a shady company instead of with their customer. So I canceled my 2 cards, after just having paid a hefty "annual fee" on both. They now refuse to refund the annual fees or even pro-rate them. They rip off their customers, so I will never do business with Chase again and recommend everyone stay away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have multiple credit cards with Chase and Chase cards continues to be my go-to credit cards. I will always be a loyal customer service to Chase due to responsive customer service and fair consideration of credit card purchase disputes. I have had credit cards with American Express and Capital One, and I have to say there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to the way they work with their customers.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We pay $500 a year for our Chase card, and the customer service is TERRIBLE. I can't count the number of times that I have spent hours on the phone with them about simple issues, to hang up with nothing resolved. They have messed up our travel reservations 3 different times now and have tried to make us pay for their mistakes every single time. This card is HORRIBLE.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information