Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I paid off my balance in full, per my statement, for my Chase Freedom credit card, and 4 days later they charged me interest. When I checked my bank statement, I saw that they waited to post the payment until AFTER my due date, despite Chase being my bank and electronic payments from my Chase bank account to my Chase credit card happening in the blink of an eye. By waiting to post my payment, they were able to charge me interest on the balance.

To add insult to injury, the new statement shows my previous balance, my payment in full of the balance, and the new interest charged on a zero balance. Their explanation? My payment wasn't posted until AFTER my due date... and for some reason, this is my fault. I pay on time, they delay posting it. Beware! Don't just follow what's in print - call and ask someone. Better yet, go to the bank, make your payments, and get a date and time stamped PIECE OF PAPER!!! My card has been shredded. I'll keep it open so it benefits my credit, but I'll never use it again!

I was frustrated to received a bill with $21.70 interest after paying my balance to zero 7 days before my balance was due. I was paying down bills to improve my credit score and even received a letter from Chase Amazon stating my balance was a zero. When I called the customer services line (after receiving a new bill) the representative waived $4.02 of the $21.70 but not the total. After talking to Candice in Columbus and her supervisor (Floor Lead) Josh in San Antonio they still didn't waive the fee. Not only am I frustrated after a conversation that lasted 55:45 today with no satisfaction but Josh stated he was the highest person we could talk to.

My wife asked Josh who he reports to and after a few minutes of saying no on he stated Jesse (or Jessie) but that he didn't know his bosses title or how to get in touch with them (very strange). We have been card holders for many years and paid this balance off on time only to be railroaded for additional interest. We are thoroughly disappointed with Chase and the one act of crediting the $21.70 charge would have kept two customers happy instead of disgruntled customers that have the means to share the displeasure with a lot more people. Shame on you Chase, Candice and Josh. I expect more from my employees and would I'm sure James Dimon (CEO) and the Board of Directors expect better. Thanks to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Kohl's for not doing this when we paid off the balance.

Today I disputed a charge on my PAID off card. This was the 2nd time in recent months I paid off the card and made sure there were no pending transactions and told them that there should not be any future charges to the account. I was shocked I not only had a balance but a past due balance. I was told to provide date verifying when payment method was changed on account that charged my CHASE card. They state without that they cannot dispute any charge. I spent the entire afternoon on the phone with the other company getting the runaround and different answers before finally getting confirmation that it was in fact corrected though not case noted -- they looked in the system to confirm it.

The business confirmed my payment method was successfully changed on March 24th at 9:37 AM (as verified by emails I received). Yet, (despite clarifying with CHASE and the other business that there were no pending transactions and no charges to be made on the CHASE card -- April 6th I was charged $238). April 10th I was informed by the business that no payments had been received for previous month and CHASE card was not charged (my alternate card just wasn't showing as being applied -- I was then assured it was corrected and I would be charged so much for my March and April bill). I've gotten the runaround and different answers all the time about what was paid so I can't tell if they've charged it to my alternate card as well (different amounts and confusing explanations).

Anyhow, once I did get confirmation that the payment method had been successful March 24th, I called CHASE back with details and was informed I must provide statement from alternate payment method that shows payment was made with other card (April 10 the amount due was not showing on my alternate card and should've been billed the 6th -- a much smaller amount showed. I was told by business it would be on my next billing statement and I was angry I would have so much charged at once). The point is they failed to change payment method and I now have a wrongful charge and late fees on a paid off card. Chase refuses to dispute charge. Company has admitted it made a mistake but cannot change it at this point if Chase does not dispute -- they cannot charge correct card.

I have paid off this Chase card many times and somehow old bills keep getting charged to it (and I've had new numbers so I'm really confused about why this happens). I now have to pay again to be finished with it and will cancel the card to be rid of it. This is not including the fact that another company had been charging me monthly TWICE for a service they were able to verify had in fact been cancelled and refunds were to be posted. They could not explain why it was charging twice or never was cancelled. There is no credit on my account for the many months of charges. Do not do business with CHASE PERIOD.

January 2017 I received an offer through Southwest Airlines to receive 50,000 miles if I got the Chase card and spent $2k in the first 3 months; I spent $2k in the FIRST MONTH. My first purchase was 2 airlines tickets over $700; my 2nd purchase was about $50 which they declined because they thought it was fraud on the account. My response was "Well, if you thought it was fraud, why didn't you decline the $700 initial charge?" They gave me the "well we were looking out for you" BS story.

Today was the 2nd call I made to Chase to find out why I STILL have NOT been credited my 50,000 miles after more than $2k was charged. The agent said "well we gave you 10,000 miles and credited your account $200." I told her that wasn't what I agreed to when I applied for the card. I applied because I wanted the MILEAGE. She offered to credit me 40,000 more, but I would be debited back the $200! If I had to purchase 40,000 SWA miles, it would be about 2.75 cents per mile which is about $1100. I told her to go ahead and debit me the $200. When the mileage gets credited, I will be going back to using my Capital One card since in my opinion Chase was bait and switch and borderline fraudulent! If you get a Chase card, YOU NEED TO MONITOR WHAT YOU ARE PROMISED AND WHAT YOU RECEIVE.

I paid $300 annual fee for the Chase Sapphire Reserved card and I have to dispute TWO charges of $100 with Singapore airline which I have never received the service for. They only processed as 1 dispute and Chase re-bill me for the $100. I called them, sent message and sent emails. Waiting and waiting for 4 months now and still not resolved and they still insist to re-bill me for $100 which I have never used the service. Now they told me to send letter by turtle mail. If you want to increase your annual fee to $400, just let me know but don't rip off for no reason Chase!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Last week Chase sent me a form letter saying that my "business" credit card account was missing information and if I didn't call them and give them the info they would cancel my card. I've had the card for years, and use it regularly, so what information could be "missing"? The call center person would only give me his first name and said he had no ID number. I gave him the credit card number and my name but then he also wanted date of birth. OK, I guess that's needed to confirm who I am. Then he wanted to know what county I live in. I gave him that but he didn't ask what state I was in. They send me a bill every month, so they should have my address, right? He then puts me on hold "to verify this information." What? If he can verify the county against my address, why have me call him in the first place? He could have found that out with a simple Google search.

After several minutes he comes back and asks what type of company? Is it a Proprietorship, Corporation, LLC, etc? The card has the business name and LLC printed right on the front, and it's in the billing address - so why doesn't he know it's an LLC? Next he wants to know what the limit is on the card. Like I would know that off the top of my head. I have over a dozen cards. And they should know the limit, right? I told him I didn't know and he made a sighing sound on the phone like I was an idiot, then skipped to the next question: Did I use my SS# for my company and if so, what is it? Wouldn't they know that? I filled out an application in order to get the card in the first place. I said no, so he asked me for my company's Federal ID #.

Now I'm beginning to question whether this confirmation thing is legitimate. I tell him that it feels scammy to me and he says they sent me a letter and I countered that I could create and print a similar simple one page letter and substitute any phone number in there. The phone number on the letter is not the one on the card. He gets angry at me and says go ahead and call the number on the card and they will ask for all the same info again. I haven't done that yet.

If this is not a scam, it's some odd form of corporate harassment. Can you imagine calling up one of your long term customers and subjecting them to something like this? Essentially asking a customer to apply for credit even though they have always paid on time and have a stellar credit rating. It would be business suicide. I have several five-figure Chase bank accounts as well as the credit cards but they are not my primary accounts or cards. I am seriously considering transferring the accounts to my other banks. I just transferred the autopays using the Chase card to another card. Anyone else encounter anything like this?

I did balance transfer to Chase card for 0% interest for one year. Each month I paid the amount of any new charges plus extra towards the transfer balance. My goal was not to pay any interest and have it totally paid off by the end of the 12 months. Chase applied only the minimum payment amount to my purchases and the rest went to my balance transfer. Thus I was just accumulating more interest on new purchases. Until you can pay off the whole balance you will accumulate interest on any new purchases. I plan to cancel this account when it is paid off.

I applied for a Chase (Southwest Rapid Rewards) card and was declined. I called to have it looked at again and was told I was declined because I have opened too many cards in the last two years. Even though the cards do not have balances (or have been cancelled) and I have a near perfect credit score (859 out of 900), they still told me they would not give me a credit card. I have never been declined for anything in my life regarding financial stuff. This is unheard of and they did not display any customer service or flexibility. Completely mind-blowing. I will never apply for any credit card that is associated with Chase Bank again. I should have learned when we tried to refinance our home with them a long time ago and it turned into a complete nightmare. Unbelievable. Stay far away from Chase Bank credit cards.

I have excellent credit. Had two accounts with Chase, one through Amazon and another Sapphire card. Chase always sent my statements via email. In April, when I paid my payments (Balance paid in full on both cards), I was then not surprised to get no statement in April or early May, as I didn't owe anything. Logged on to check when my Amazon Prime account renewed. Instead, I found out that my cards were both showing as past due for like $50. I checked my email history, and there were no statements in my email. I checked my mail, no statements there, either.

I called Chase, and they told me that the emails had been sent, but never kicked back to them. I said 'OK, you know my history with Chase. How did no one call me or anything to check to see what the status was?'. The rude woman on the phone was just saying, "Oh, well, cancel your cards or whatever." So, I did. Fortunately, there was no 30 day late, but I decided that having the available credit was less valuable to me than knowing that I wouldn't get some random late payment on my credit, since they won't send me statements, etc. I think Chase was just trying to defraud me, and I believe their practices are unfair to consumers. I recommend you NOT use Chase.

Don't do business with Chase Slate, they are a nasty co. I called Chase Slate for a pay off on my husband's card. They gave me the amount and how long it would be good for. I paid within 48 hours and they sent me a bill for interest. I don't know how they can charge interest on nothing. They would not fix so they closed it after being with them for 15 yrs. Never late missed a payment. They are not a good company.

This company is horrific. They canceled my Chase Freedom card after a few months, the balance was current and not over-due. I called twice to find out why and was told I had to request that answer in writing. I did as requested and after numerous follow-ups I received an email today saying "thank you for notifying us of a suspicious email". What are these people talking about? Where do you go with these companies? How do you get satisfaction or at least a reasonable response? I know it's been said a million times but if I ever ran my business this way I'd be out of business in a flash.

I've been a longtime customer with Chase Sapphire Preferred and I pay a lot of money for the annual membership fee. I live in Miami and I used their "Ultimate Rewards" to book a two night hotel room in Los Angeles at the Four Seasons to visit my friend who's having a baby for the first time. (The truth is, I only saved 80 bucks with my points.) She told me the due date in advance, so I booked the room two months in advance.

Two weeks later, my friend called me to say the due date has been pushed back. No problem. It should be easy to move the hotel reservation that I booked two months in advance. WRONG. I called the hotel and they stated there are rooms available for that weekend, but my room was booked through a third party vendor. (Ultimate Rewards uses Expedia, by the way.) I called the Ultimate Rewards department and they basically told me I was out $1000 because I booked a nonrefundable hotel room and it was "set in stone". Those were the actual words from the travel "specialist".

I spoke with a "supervisor" who reiterated the same thing. This was a two day ordeal. There is no compassion or understanding with these people. They treated me like I was some gambling stiff at Vegas who made a bad bet. They believe it's okay to take $1000 from their customers without providing service. I live 3000 miles away so it's not like I could drive over to stay at the hotel. They wanted me to book another hotel room. So I had to fly over to LA twice not to lose the original booking??? HIGHWAY ROBBERY. I will NEVER use this service again and I'm contemplating cancelling my card. No customer service whatsoever. Redeem your points for cash. That's it. I will continue to warn people of this criminal behavior. Thank God for social media.

AVOID AVOID AVOID BEWARE UNFAIR PRACTICES UNFAIR UNFAIR BEWARE. I've been a customer for more than 10 years. Like many others I was hit by a major life event and found myself needing to pay thousands to Chase in interest. I never defaulted, I never exceeded my limit and I treated Chase as my preferred creditor, always paying them before others and even tightening my belt rather than miss any payments. While trying to recover and working hard to increase my credit score to a point before the setback, Chase decided to lower my Credit limits without cause. They said that I have recently spent too much money on credit cards. Yes I had a high utilization across the board but I had just turned the corner to start moving forward.

They ignored the fact that my mortgage was just recently paid in full as well! BUT Not only did they lower my limits, they closed the gap that I did have and set my limits to the current balance. CREATING AN ARTIFICIAL 100% UTILIZATION! They don't care about your history with them. They don't care about their customers. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! They CHANGE THE RULES even if you are paying on time and staying under your limit. CHASE PLAYS BY THEIR OWN RULES!!! NOT INTERESTED IN YOU OR THE MONEY YOU PAY IN INTEREST!

My United Airline branded Chase credit card account was closed even though I owed no money and had a positive balance. Because of a vendor error I was credited several times with a refund from United Airlines that should have come as one payment. This violated Chase's rule that if accounts are only paid with vendor credit they are cancelled. Chase sent me letters about this but because I had a positive balance and I subscribed to automatic minimum payment I did not think I had to address the matter. It turns out that the automatic payment only works if you owe them money. As I didn't, the only payments were coming from the vendor who owed me money. This is a classic catch-22.

I went all the way up the chain of command 5 levels to their executive office. While the rep in the executive office was polite and responsive he had no power to overrule the computer algorithm and restore my credit card even though my account was fully up to date and even had a credit. This makes the whole concept of customer service and of an executive office level of customer service meaningless when it cannot override a computer algorithm. Human discretion and good sense were the big losers. Because I fly United a lot I will need to apply for a new card - let's see if my account having been closed now blocks me from getting a new card. That would complete the catch 22. It is my wishful thinking that some doctoral candidate or investigative reporter will find and use this as an example of how all meaningful human connection and judgment gets bled out of the customer relationship with big corporations.

Paid off card in 2012. They have put a collection on me two times now in 5 years. Call them they say they see the payment but can't change it and that I need to send a second copy to them years later like I got that stuff still. They say bank account records are not good enough. Total **. Need to work on collection and services badly. Don't waste your time get a different card they are all better than Chase hands down. Run before they cost you your credit score.

Chase (Southwest Rapid Rewards) - I initially signed up for this card for the points, which I got and was happy with. The next year, I was surprised to receive an annual fee; bad on me for not reading the fine print. Soon after I received the card, I started getting offers in the mail, a couple every month, which I threw out. Unfortunately, I threw out the invoice for the annual fee and so when I realized I had a past due amount, I called to cancel the card. Because the unknown fee was over 30 days old, they would not refund the fee but offered me more points to stay open for the year that I would be paying for. I declined as I have too many credit options that don't use these types of disrespectful tactics to squeeze their customers for dollars. Good customer service is what keeps me as a customer, not ransom fees.

I was charged over $106 at Panda Express in Westwood, California on October 20, 2016 on my Chase Freedom credit card. My family had all of the credit cards in our possession and none of us were in Westwood that day. We promptly disputed the charge, but Chase upheld the charge. Chase said that even though Panda Express could not provide a copy of a signed receipt, it was upholding the charge because we had all of the cards in our possession. We appealed and Chase denied the appeal saying Panda Express did not have to provide a copy of the charge because we did not dispute the charge promptly, even though we disputed the charge within 10 days.

I took advantage of the 0% Balance Promotion Checks and thought I was paying off the balance over the year allowed. I was using my card to charge normal purchases and paying more than the required minimum monthly balance in order to pay off the promotion check on time. Evidently, unless you pay your entire statement balance in full each month, the money you pay is not put towards the balance of your promotion check. It is split up between your credit balance and your promotion balance. They will not apply it differently.

When I called the first month, they reversed the promotion interest charge. I paid what the bank associate suggested I pay. The same thing happened the next month and the next month. It is deceptive to anyone who carries a credit card balance that they can never pay off the promotion balance until the ENTIRE credit card statement balance is paid in full. DO NOT USE CHASE 0% PROMOTION CHECKS. It's a shameful way for this bank to make pennies off of millions of consumers.

Chase raised our interest rate even though we paid on time every time. So we transferred the debt to a new card with a lower interest rate. In the meantime we had mailed our regular payment of $100.00 so they got our payment and the bank's payment with an excess of $100.00. We hadn't deducted our payment from the payoff. Chase charged us interest on our account even though it was paid off in excess of what they were owed! They are the greediest, crookest, people we have ever dealt with. They are giving us a rough time about getting a refund on the closed account. They have a reward program that is a joke! The things they give you rewards on very few people use their credit card for. Never get a card from this company!!!

I have been a great customer since 2013. I paid off my balance of 4600+, Nov. 2016. I threw my card in the drawer, happy to know that acct was satisfied. Come to find out, when I pulled my card to use it for the first time since Nov., they charged me interest and late fees for a couple months. I paid that off, 146.00. They closed my account. When I called about this, they had good record keeping, saying they called 2x and sent monthly statements. (Why would I open it when my account is satisfied? Probably just another spam email?)

I suggested they actually speak to the person, rather than "assume" the person gets an email (spam folder). I asked them to leave a message and he says, "We can't do that, privacy policy." "You have my phone number (not private). Leave a message to call back about a balance on the acct." This seems to be a repetitive problem with this company. No problem, I will take my business to someone else! I suggest you do, also. Someone wise once told me, "Banks are never your friend." So much for getting credit paying off my $4600.

I opened a Chase Amazon credit card account and it's been nothing but a headache. They are the worst people to solve problems. It's been 3 months and they still have my account froze due to their own mistakes! I have provided them everything they required and still no resolution to the problem. They give me every excuse to why my account is froze. They don't offer any online chat or online account help. They only have an poor phone call help and it's pointless! My experience has been horrible. I don't recommend them to anyone!!

I had promotion for 0% for 15 months. Every month they sent me a message reminding me with payment before the due date. When the promotion ended they didn't say anything. They charged my account $32.44. I called asking for supervisor. He was rude and he said you have to pay the interest charge even we didn't sent you a message to remind you. I was disappointed how they treat me like that. I'm good customer I always pay my bill on the time. I don't recommend Chase Credit Cards. They are the worst credit card ever.:(

When I called the customer service to find out how much I had to pay to pay my outstanding credit card balance off in full, they quoted me an amount. I paid that amount. Two months later I receive a text message that I haven't paid my card. I log into my account and see an outstanding balance of $128.67. After spending and wasting close to 120 minutes in total figuring out what caused my balance to be $128.67, although I paid it off in full, they came out with lousy excuses like the previous representative quote me a wrong quote. I paid two other credit cards off that day and never got overcharged from different banks. After being on the phone for 50 minutes and talking to endless representatives, the so called "senior supervisor" started yelling at me and hung up the phone. WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE THIS BANK IS! No more business ever! They are a disgrace!

Because of fraudulent activity on my social security number I had placed a fraud alert with Transunion and the other credit bureaus. When I applied for a car lease with the fraud alert on my social security number I had no problem. All I had to do was answer a few additional questions. When I applied for this card I assumed it would be the same process. However, it certainly wasnt as the fraud department completely dropped the ball.

On March 9, 2017, I went to my local chase branch to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. The bank officer made the application online and was contacted, as I expected, by the fraud department. At this point the whole process began to fall apart. He put me on the phone with them and they explained that they could not verify my address and that I needed to fax to them proof of my residency. They indicated that a drivers license was acceptable information and that once received it would take approximately to seven days to process it, Moments later, I faxed them my drivers license from the bank branch assuming the issue would be resolved.

On March 15, 2017, I received a letter from the fraud department stating that they required proof of current physical address. I immediately called and was told that they did have the information and would reprocess it. I asked them to call me on my mobile phone if there was a problem and was told that they would contact me if there was. No one contacted me.

On or about March 23, 2017 I called again to inquire about the status of the application. Again, I was told that they had the information and would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. Again, no one contacted me. On April 4, 2017 I called once more and was told my application was declined because they didnt have enough information to verify my identity! They indicated that they tried to call me at my home number but there was no answer even though I explicitly told them to call me on my mobile number. I also checked my answering machine at home and there was no message left on it. After complaining to the representative I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he/she was on the phone and would call me back. I am still waiting for that phone call! Needless to say I didn't get the credit card and they will never have me as a customer.

I got my 20 year old daughter a card in her name from my Chase Visa account for her to use in her year abroad in Europe. I called the credit card company to let them know she was overseas and the countries she is in. So far her card has been declined multiple times because she is using it in the countries I notified she would be. Just two weeks ago I called to let them know she would be in Italy. Today her card was declined when she tried to purchase a tour bus ticket for 38 in Italy. It's not like she was trying to purchase electronics or something expensive. Nothing like having your 20 year old daughter in a foreign country and the credit card company declines the card.

We have learned that if a transaction is declined, don't try again thinking maybe the first time didn't read because if you do they deactivate the card. Same thing happened to me at Lord & Taylor a few weeks ago. I bought a few dresses at the same location, nothing outrageously expensive, on the same day and they considered it suspicious and declined my card in front of a line full of people. If you use this card, make sure you have a back up to a reliable credit card company.

When I received my last bill, there was a charge I hadn't approved. I called Chase. They investigated and said there was a security problem. In fact they had rejected a second charge to the same business because it looked suspicious. Chase told me to destroy my card and they would send a new one. This was on Friday morning. When the card hadn't arrived by Monday, I called. They told me it would arrive soon, they had sent it by regular mail. I was surprised. This had happened once before and they sent it by express mail. Still, I figured it would arrive the next day. When it didn't come on Tuesday or Wednesday, my wife called. She was told the card had been mailed out Monday by regular mail. Not only had they misled me by saying the card was mailed on Friday, but they didn't have the sense to mail it by express mail when I called and complained. I guess they hoped it would be delivered quickly. When it wasn't they were exposed.

They said all the things customer service people are supposed to say when my wife spoke to them on Wednesday but they did nothing to help. We are going to have to pay a $3000. car repair bill with a credit card we rarely use. We'll not receive our Southwest points. Who knows when the card will arrive. We can't even trust that it has been sent. My advice is that if you have a security concern, don't mention it to Chase until there is a good time for you that you can go a week without using your card.

They keep raising my minimum payment without advising me. Have automatic payment set up but they change the payments one to two days prior to payment due. So even if I pay them their minimum for example this last time they raised it by $4. I made the payment... It's automatic. But because they raise the minimum $4 and didn't have my permission to charge my bank they reported it to my credit for $4, and they reported my credit over an amount that I could easily paid if they would have advised me that they raise the minimum payment.

I'm finding that they are doing this each month so that they can require a service charge or a late payment charge when the payment has never been late because it automatically paid out of my account. They just increased the amount by a dollar or two and then they charge me a late payment over that dollar but this time they went too far and actually reported it to my credit over $4 when it was only 8 days past the payment date when I already paid them their minimum because they added the $4 one day prior to the payment due date. It's almost like this is a scam and I'm going to report them to the Better Business Bureau, and I'm also going to report them to the FCC. Don't even do a credit card with them. Stay away from them.

I have had Chase Freedom for almost 10 months, have paid on time, kept balances low and high. But anytime I apply for a credit line increase it is denied and when I go to the reconsiderationline, it's always drawn out and uncomfortable only for them to tell you again that they won't approve your request. I started at $1,000 and still at $1,000. I give up and will never ask for an increase again. Chase is not the best bank for CL increases and judge you very poorly.

I recently paid off my credit card in full. Two weeks later, I receive an email with a payment amount due for interest charges after the fact. I called to make sure I was indeed paying the TOTAL amount. This is the only company that I have ever had this problem with. I will be calling to complain and will NEVER use this card again!

I tried to buy Disney World tickets and was pushed very hard to apply for Disney card, promising me no changes and a $200 reward. It took over 2 months to get me the card and it came with about $65 dollars in charges and no reward. I have never gotten reward and all attempts to have fraudulent charges removed or get the promised $200 reward have been ignored. AGAIN they charged me another $49 charge after one year and still did not cancel my card or give me promised $200 reward. After a long and heated argument with Chase/Disney manager I was told basically that I had only 30 days to get things reversed and then they "had me." Doesn't matter that my account and card were not sent to me for almost 90 days. LONG LONG way from the original moral value of poor Walt Disney.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards