2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
Learn more
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 28, 2020

A: I opened an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card for the purpose of Amazon purchases only. I never carry the card with me. For the first time in all my online years, I mistakenly responded to a fraud which appeared as Amazon. Once I realized the situation, I immediately contacted Amazon and Chase, set up alerts with Chase, etc. When someone tried to get cash at a Walmart (I guess using a cell phone) on my Chase card, Chase immediately notified me they had closed that account, set up a new account, and advised Amazon. I pay each billing in full and never pay interest. The points add up and have saved considerable dollars for me. Chase action was very fast to resolve this issue. I recommend this card. And, pay attention to all email that appears to be from your retailer and be sure the retailers name is in the email address from which it came!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I primarily use the Chase Amazon rewards card - however I do have other Chase cards. We do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon due to our rural setting and we average ~$30 /month in Amazon "cash". We also have most of our monthly bills on the card as well. We are extremely diligent to pay off the card at the end of each month - otherwise the rewards amount would really dwarf the amount of interest accumulated each month. Although the interest rate on the Chase Amazon card is better than some/most, it's still in the 20's% range. I recall back when we first got the card (5-10 yrs ago) there was an introductory rate of 0% for about a year. This allowed us to do about $15K improvements around the house at an affordable interest rate (allowing us to make double or triple monthly payments) that was converted to a low interest rate loan with a much lower principal after the year was up. I have no idea if this program is still in place.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I really like the ability to combine points from many different cards seamlessly to apply them to whatever I want. Other cards have left me with small amounts that are not very useful, but small amounts from several cards adds up to a really nice points balance that can be used for virtually anything, with a particularly good value for travel when you combine with a premium level card. I do wish those didn’t have the annual fee of course but starting at $95 is not too bad overall. Statement credits are awesome when you are short on cash. I love my freedom bonus awards quarters, they can be a lot of fun to figure out ways of maximising points opportunities. Buying gift cards at various stores included in a particular quarter is one way to spread your bonus points further.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I feel that it is VERY important to share positive news about a company I have been a customer with for a while. Of course I needed help with my April payment. Chase set up a toll free number that you can call, it's all automated and processes your request for a deferred payment. The system approved me for 3 months. Do you know how much that will help!? Yes I know interest will still be charged, but that's in the agreement I acknowledged when I got the card. No big deal. This process was very quick and easy. I appreciate Chase for that process and will continue to maintain my relationship with them. Great job!!??

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statements it all broken out by cardholder. The points are fantastic and they have the BEST selection of gift cards to choose from. Amex has a poor selection of gift cards to choose from and it requires more points than through Chase. Chase Gift card delivery is quick and easy. The phone service is what really sets Chase apart from Amex though. You can instruct the call center to not put you through all the ridiculous prompts and get right into queue for a live representative. Also....seems like their call centers are in the US, which is a plus. Can't say enough good things about Chase Ink Business cards. Far better than Amex Platinum!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Chase just cancelled my card and messed up my credit score. Why? Because my Chase bank account denied auto pay twice. I input the number the first time and the agent did it the second time. Nobody can explain why it was declined. I just sorted it out and paid by debit and waived the late fees two days ago...then I got a letter they closed out my account. I haven’t worked since March and have still paid every month on time, even after a hacker came after me in August and I had to jump through endless hoops to restore my access. In this senator I’ve time in the country we need to support the businesses that don’t indiscriminately screw people over. Chase is not one of them. Since I more than qualify for covid relief, I will now not pay a dime of my balance on this closed account. So...good job Chase.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I just had a call with Chase disputes this morning Oct 13.2020 11:15am PST and am not pleased at all with the rep who I spoke with or how she handled communication with me. I didn't feel protected or safe with the assistance of this particular rep. I almost felt like I was getting my hand slapped for reporting another dispute. Sorry, but there's a lot of scamming that goes on and since this COVID thing started, seems even more so. Absolutely do not appreciate your rep telling me that I've reported too many disputes. Another party's decision to scam people is not my wish and certainly not my responsibility!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

If you care about your bank fighting for you on disputes then this isn’t the bank to get involved with. I had a dispute about wrongful product sent from an organization and the bank claimed that the organization had “lawyers” who sent them pages and pages of document and I only send them 5 pages for my reasoning, upon which I asked what their reasoning was for allowing a wrong product sent to be claimed as correct, and Chase had no response. This went on back and forth for months while they kept bringing down my credit score for not paying even when I kept calling and telling them that the charges are being disputed (happened way too many times even though I called constantly). I finally made a big deal and took the documentations that I sent them with more paperwork physically to the chase bank.

They were the first to tell me the reasoning behind the charge which was after a long wait in their office while they called their call service. They told me that the reason was that I didn’t respond on time, lol which I laughed and showed them all the paperwork's. They didn’t seem to care too much what I was saying, seemed like I was a shoplifter trying to justify a reasoning. At this point they were gonna do anything to get me out the office. I promise you, chase does not have your back when it comes to wrongful dispute. I don’t care for reviews but this one really hurt because I was with them for 5 years and now I threw their card in the trash, hopefully it helps warn some of you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Well, I have a Amazon/Chase rewards visa card. I never was sent a physical card. After calling Amazon several times asking them to talk to Chase Bank and explain so I can talk to an agent it is no use! Amazon has not helped me at all. I can't enroll on the Amazon/Chase Bank site to check balance and transactions.

When I have tried the phone numbers for Chase Bank they want your full card number to speak to an agent and I don't have my number because they never did send me a card! I think there should be a way to talk to an agent without your card number! Also, I am deleting my account with Amazon after all these years as a prime member and an Amazon rewards visa card holder! That means I am paying off my visa and deleting my account with Chase bank. Totally disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I made a $500 payment on September 1, 2020. They placed a hold on my payment limiting my access to funds because when I made a payment previously they did not include a "0" in my already preprogrammed payment account that never had issues in the past processing a payment. My bank rejected them because a "0" was dropped from the beginning of my account number. When I called to find out why there was an issue and they explained that a previous payment was rejected I informed them that the day that occurred I remitted the payment using the same account a second time and it went through. No one ever informed me this was going to happen. No one ever told me that my funds would be on hold for 8 days impacting my business.

When this is over I will pay what's left and close my account. My bank even offered to provide the verification that the money cleared my account. Their policies and procedure make no room to fix any mistakes they have made and leave the customer in a tight spot making decisions to pull funding from another account to supplement what they are withholding from their customer. Such a shame but even the discounts I received from Amazon for using this card are not worth the hassle. Life is not a game and neither is the ability to serve my customers ok in a timely manner.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information