Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5
Based on 1,521 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
Learn more
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I was with my son on vacation in Costa Rica staying in an AIRBNB. On Monday September 16th there was an unauthorized entry to our unit while we were out sightseeing. My son’s wallet was in the unit and all of his credit cards were fraudulently used/scanned. My son contacted CHASE and reported the fraud right away. Now, four months later they have decided to deny the fraud and make him responsible!

They say that they have “thoroughly researched the claim”. The other cards that were breached that same day did their "research" and determined that the case was indeed fraud. I suspect that there was no so called “research” done by CHASE in this matter and will be seeking help from the FTC. It seems that CHASE has chosen not to prosecute the perpetrators of this crime and their company’s solution is to put the penalty on the victim!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Chase raised my credit limit one year then I paid off and lowered next year with no notice and after being a customer for over 20 years. Never late on a payment, higher credit score, but decided to lower by 7,000. I called and they were not friendly and offered no help but to run my credit for a card I have already had for 20 years! Do not use Chase! Too many other options out there that will treat you better.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Save yourself the frustration and bank literally anywhere else. My information is leaked and I need to replace my credit cards every 2 months. This happens on all of my accounts, even cards I have NEVER used. So they can't keep your personal information secure. Now that I want to close all my accounts due to their lack of ability to protect my data, they want to charge me fees to transfer my money to my new bank. They are the WORST. DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

In July 2019, while traveling in Chile attempted a taxi ride from airport to town. Taxi driver said card reader did not take card. Gave him the card so he could try (mistake, I know). He returned card and said it did not work. Was charged 1446.63 (no designated currency) times 1.0000000 (exchange rate), obvious fraud. This charge was caught immediately, because I get charge alerts and reported to Chase. Chase's review says we were scammed and they are not responsible. Chase excuses themselves because I willingly handed my card over. I willingly turn my card over in restaurants and to merchants throughout the States. This is after 17 years with Chase!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I rarely write reviews but this really upset me with Chase United Explorer. I rented a car in Europe and I got the worst service being stranded by the side of the road because the Sixt rental company didn't give me a chip that I needed to charge the EV car. Coming from US you cannot charge with your CC or Apps and the agent didn't tell me or give me the chip that is required to charge your car by. I missed my cousin's rehearsal dinner and was stranded with my son for hours. So, the car company gave me 20% discount because they made a mistake but I don't feel that I should pay for the car since it was a huge hassle to even have the car on top of missing an important event.

United Explorer rep just said, "Sorry for your experience and nothing we can do for you! YOU ARE OK NOW". So, I am very disappointed for the response and not charging any of my travel expenses on this card anymore. They also never gave me the initial mileage bonus because I missed the deadline by 2 days. And, I have over 6 lounge passes all expired because their lounges are either closed, and only exclusive to first class or business class if they partner with another airline. SO, very bad service for people who have been loyal to them for years. AMEX rocks and I will close my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I monitor my Companion Pass mileage. A charge in November put me beyond the 110,000 required points and I was going to spend lots in December so I saw it as a non - issue until I noticed the charge was held in pending past the November close off. I called Southwest and the person said she would move my closing dates so there was no issue. I checked and they are not moved so my November and December purchases are not going to be credited to my Companion Pass until January- past the annual deadline. Rather than fix/address the issue I have received numerous emails that are circuitous, incorrect and useless. Chase is supposed to be a bank! If they screw around with points miles how can they possibly manage money!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

It's a nice card, I applied for it few months ago and already was able to purchase free flight tickets for my upcoming trip. If you have a high credit score and no history of missed payments and looking for a rewards card, I recommend applying for it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Chase Reserve not worth it anymore. There’s so much fine print on the benefits it’s impossible to get the value out of this card. I’m dumping it and going back to my Citibank American Airlines. Give me no hassle about using similar benefits and does not charge me $450. One example: we arrived minutes after midnight and our prepaid rental office at the airport was closed. We had to rent from another company. Called Chase that night, called Chase next day, call Chase for the next three weeks and zero credit.

Tried the chase shopping website to get a few extra points on something I needed to buy anyway. Turns out I paid $180 for something on priced at $115 everywhere else on Amazon. I’ve didn't spend time shopping around because of a purchase protection however they only included very few vendors and did honor any of the lower priced vendors. Gouging & no benefit. With my CitiCard I’ve even received an $80 credit for some Scott ski goggles without applying. They matched them up

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Had an issue with a local dentist. They claimed that my insurance refused to pay anything for a procedure. So I paid with my Amazon Visa. The bill was $ 575.00, but they charged the card $ 670.00. Discovered the insurance company did pay $ 585.00. Got proof of payment from the insurance company, sent it to Chase Amazon Visa. They said it wasn't good enough to dispute. Said I must send proof of HOW it was paid. A check number, or wire transfer number. Really? They are stalling, and making up excuses not to reverse the illegal charge. They DO NOT have the customer's interest in mind.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I lost luggage on trip to Europe, filled out the forms, and then Chase said they needed me to provide a form from Norwegian Air. It is impossible to get anything from Norwegian Air, and I assume Chase knows this- thus they paid me nothing even though I lost $1400 of luggage, including a brand new suitcase. Bottom line- Don't assume you are covered for lost luggage, or any other insurance, from Chase.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information