Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Chase Credit Cards
3.86/5
Based on 1,537 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase Credit Cards

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

05/19/2016

I have never had an issue with Chase helping me out from fraud charges to disputing charges. They always fix the problem.

02/16/2018

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to assist in any way requested

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

Recommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Bonus categories earn 5% cash back
  • $150 signup bonus if you spend $500 in first 3 months
  • No annual fee
Recommended Credit:
Good–excellent
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Earn double cash back on purchases made during the first year
  • No signup bonus
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01–$0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

4989 Chase Credit Cards Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have had a Chase credit card since 2016. We paid it off in 2017 and they increased the limit. I would call in to make payments so I didn't look at statements very often. We have not used this card since 2017 except for balances under $20 and were paying every month. We got a notice that the balance was $3700 when the limit is $3000. We contacted the bank and asked for statements and I literally have called every day for months. They just sent us new cards on June 28, however to date they have only gotten $1200 off. They wanted us to make a payment plan and we said no not until the fraud is figured out because I am not agreeing to the debt. They see how I have called and the disputes and they told me today the account is permanently closed because I wouldn't agree to a payment plan on spending that wasn't mine.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Not only did Chase deny my business a credit card after maintaining a business account and doing business transactions through them for over 4 years, but they also recently denied removing a charge from my account for a tv that was broken and the store refused to take it back. I had reservations about Chase years ago and decided to do business with them anyways. Things were good for a short time, but recently they have left a bad taste in my mouth and I feel very disrespected as a loyal customer. Time to find a credit union, CHASE DOES NOT RESPECT ITS CUSTOMERS ONLY ???? Take yours elsewhere!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Chase does not honor equal pay on credit card. Beware!! They apply card returns to pay off equal pay arrangement prematurely. Go quickly to another bank. Have reported them to NYS Department of Financial Services.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I recently gave a call to customer services about my credit card payment not going through, which I had already made on July 25th. My account was on hold for no real reason why. The person who I talked with his name was Danny, He was very rude and impatient. I wanted to know the reason why my payment wasn’t transferring. He wasn’t willing to help me on it. Eventually he transfer me to another person. She made it much easier. It wasn’t so difficult to take off the hold on my account at all! But Danny however made it seem like it is a big problem, which it should’ve not been!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was approved for over 40k in business and personal credit cards with Chase. We bank with Chase so I decided to use my business credit cards for a large project. I held a high balance for a couple of months but paid in full when I completed the project. Today, I found that they lowered my limits to $500 and $1400 on each card. This will of course adversely affect my credit score. Reason I was given was that my credit score lowered (which is very common with high credit usage and should be taken in stride with businesses who temporarily use credit for large projects). Should I known that Chase was so fickle with their loyal customers I would have used other credit cards and given them my interest payments.

Funny how they decided to lower my limits only after I paid the cards in full, giving them a boatload of interest. I’m proceeding to close all my banking accounts with Chase today. I’ve told all my friends to use Chase since I believed they were “business friendly” but I will be sure to let them know my experience so they can get out while they can. Chase has just decimated my personal and business credit after we were loyal, on time paying customers with good statements.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 22, 2019

Chase always make changes to their website payment pages. They are very confusing and down right deceptive, intending to confuse you to either make a double payment, or not finding the calendar (because they change the payment web page to confuse you) to schedule a future payment and just pay on the date you're on the site, though you intend to schedule to pay on a future date. This happened to me today - I didn't see the calendar, so I click on "Pay This Card". I figured it will come back to ask me to finalize the payment and then I can find the calendar. But it didn't ask me to finalize the payment, it just took my payment and showed a status "In Process".

I then made the same payment again, making sure that before I press "Pay This Card", I was determined to find the calendar, and I did find it. After I scheduled the payment on the payment "Due Date", I pressed "Pay This Card", the payment page came back asking me to finalize the payment, and I did, then I received a new "Paid Status" page showing my payment, the pay date scheduled on the "Due Date", and a confirmation number. I Called Chase Customer Service and reported this incident and was told that I have to call back after 48 hours to ask CS to cancel the 1st payment "In Process" and to refund the payment back into my checking account. Can you believe this is a major credit card company's "Mode of Operation"?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have a Chase sapphire preferred credit card. I am very disappointed in the service it offers. I had to dispute a transaction I had in FRANCE where Avis car rental company defrauded me several hundred dollars. Because this chase card is suppose to offer car rental protection I told the person renting me the car in France I refused all insurance. He then charged it to my credit card. They of course sent me a form letter that they found Avis had done nothing wrong and that the money will be included on my next bill. I will be cancelling this card very soon. I switched to it from American Express, a much better company. I am very sorry I switched.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have all Chase credit cards because I am working with my cards and always pay them on time either in full or partial. I hate to dispute anything unless I have to. In 3 or 4 years using Chase cards and spending more than 200000 dollars, I probably called for dispute 3 times and all the time they denied me and rejected my request. I had all the photos and proof of my reason, but they always take other side’s back. This is very poor customer service. When they want you to apply for their card, they always say nice thing about how good it is and in some cases Chase will refund your money but all is joke. There are million people have the same experience and I am very unhappy. Worst experience.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The procedures to file a dispute overcharges from a merchant are handled in a totally inadequate manner. While the rest of the financial world is operating to communicate by email, when you enter a dispute overcharges, you are provided with a fax number, often an incorrect fax number, and have no assurances that your fax has been received, and when you finally get acknowledgment by Chase's dispute team, be prepared to speak to someone on the other side of the planet, who simply does not have the comprehension of the nature of the dispute.

After months have passed and you have continued to follow up on additional requests from the dispute department, and you provide that information, Chase still will choose to protect the merchant and not you. Even at the point when you escalate your concerns to the corporate offices, that is an entire waste of effort, as they will not intervene with the decision of the Dispute department. Take my advice, if you need protection from unauthorized or mistakes made by merchants, don't use a Chase Credit Card. Instead, make those charges on an American Express Card, where they take a serious look at the issue and not rule on behalf of the merchant who failed you.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This place is terrible. I got screwed on a cosign loan years ago. I have direct payroll deposit and they still refuse to give me a credit card. I said, "How can you not get a payment when you have the money before me?" This is all old ripoff millionaires with the bank procedures from 1920. Get with the times man.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information