Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Am a senior and I have a CC with CHASE, I pay very good. On September 2016 as soon I get the statement I pay, I went to the branch on TOMS RIVER NJ. I made a $250 cash, I don't want to pay online sometimes and I was close to the branch. No problem. Fast and easy. Well, the way that should be. Now on October 11 I went to make another payment for the same amount. The teller (ABENA **) look on my statement AND ASKED ME FOR A PHOTO ID. I SAID "WHAT? Am making a payment on own acc, what is the problem? I came last month and nobody asked me for anything. I have my DL since I am 19." "You have to be sure the payment is legitimate." What? I don't carry fake money, bunch of retards. That was an insult me as a customer.

According to them, when you pay on cash, (electric, cable, etc) you show an ID. I send them an email, w/ no response. I never heard anything like that in my life. I pay another CC by the branch and on cash, including dept stores, no problem with them. Maybe my last name or my Italian accent?

I signed up for Premier credit card and was promised 50,000 bonus points if I spent $2,000 in 90 days. I did this and assumed I qualified, but when I checked my account I was only given 25,000 points. When I called Chase to talk to a supervisor, I was told that since it had been over 90 days since I opened the account, they were not able to give me the additional 25,000 points. Watch out for this!

I had the same Chase credit card account for over 20 years (they put me on a sapphire card some years ago but my account with them pre-dates the sapphire card's existence). In August, I was traveling and unable to log in to pay my account off (which I generally do in full). I called, and they agreed to waive the late fee. This past billing cycle, I paid my bill on time online, but my home bank, from which the funds were to be transferred, experienced an error. I notified Chase immediately, but couldn't "re-pay" the bill because they had not yet documented non-payment. They insisted on charging me a late fee anyway. I cancelled my account with them that day and will not go back.

I have a Slate card. My limit is 2000. I got the card in 2014. Since 2014 I paid my card on time... but my balance never changes. Is like I don't make payments. The interest is extremely high and it constantly changes. Minimum payment is 55 dollars... I send them 100 every month... and yet, my available credit never increases and my balance never changes. I should be half way done paying the card. But I'm stuck in the same place I was 2 years ago. I made a complaint. I still have not hear from Chase except for an email from Chase asking me to help them fight identity fraud which a think is a distraction from the dishonest greedy things this bank is doing.

After 4 calls with Chase and over 3 cumulative hours later this is still not resolved. I booked a flight on July 28 through Chase Ultimate Rewards for travel on Spirit Airlines. That same day, something came up and I had to cancel that flight. It was within 24 hours so Spirit was able to cancel that flight with no fees. Now, over 2 MONTHS LATER (it's October 7 today), still no refunded points. On my last call today, I got transferred three times (card services - ultimate rewards travel - some specialist?) and all the last guy could do was "send an email" to the "accounting department." And apparently in 7-10 days, someone in Chase "might know" if the funds can be transferred back to me. That was 30 minutes of my time today.

Yesterday I called about the same issue, except I waited on the last transfer for over an hour (my phone logged the call as 79 minutes total) and then the call was dropped. Chase has no respect for customers who call them with problems, especially if those customers are owed money. Once I get my points back, I am closing my account and JP Morgan Chase will never see a penny of my money again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I was on vacation and exceeded my limit by $228 for less than a week, which I didn't even think was possible, which I paid down as soon as I got back. Now, they say they cannot do anything for me. I feel like I have been raped or stabbed and told them that as well. A few days after I exceeded the limit and I paid it down well below the limit but they still hammered my FICO score by 31 points. I have immediately initiated a balance transfer to my Citi card that I have no balance on for 0% for 18 months and once complete will be closing all Chase accounts, regardless of how it affects my FICO score. Not another dime with the crooked thieves at Chase, period.

Chase allowed my limit to be exceeded and then punished me for it without any effort to make any resolution because without a week passing or even a phone call, they slammed my credit rating. Unless you want to be subject to such shady and borderline corrupt practices, do not do business with Chase, because they will fail to do the right thing, every time. Amazon needs to make a change for the better.

I experienced an unfair lending practice for a Chase Slate Credit Card. They denied my application due to too many credit card applications filed within the last two years. I have a credit score of 750. Never late for payments, decent income. Evil big bank. I only have one open credit card and it's with discover card. What a bunch of evil bastards. I'm reporting this company to the better business bureau.

We signed up for the Chase Southwest rewards card and spent the minimum 2k in 90 days to receive the 50k rewards points to Southwest flights. But, when we called at the 80 day mark to verify that we had spent enough the representative told us yes we had and that it would be fine. Well, it wasn't fine. I didn't want to raise the limit on the card so we kept it at 2k. But, when we didn't see the points updated on the account we called back to find out from a different representative that there was a disclosure on the card, that 99 dollars for the annual fee doesn't apply to the purchase minimum.

They didn't tell us anything about that until after the 90 days, and now they won't give us the points, the only reason we signed up for the card. Now we're having issues closing the account. It's a scam and from the looks of how they handled the situation we will continue to have problems with the card. So do not fall for this like we did. They are scam artists who do not care about their customers.

I went to the office on 9/19 and ordered a credit card. They agreed to send me the card in two days. It did not come in the mail. I called the Customer Service on 9/27 and the representative told me that they mailed the credit card on 9/23. I was waiting to buy my plane tickets with this card earlier. Now I need to get an expensive airline ticket. I don't trust them anymore about protocols.

I recently applied for a Chase Credit card and was rejected for not having a credit rating. I am 66 yrs old and I have never owned a credit card (yes. I am that one guy left in America). I am not some young kid just starting out in life who's made bad decisions. However I have been banking with Chase for years and I have maintained a checking and savings balance of well over 100K with them for decades. In addition I have obtained and paid off a home loan through them and I have purchased 10's of thousands of dollars of things using their Visa debit card. Never has there been an issue with my ability or willingness to pay any and all debt. NEVER!

In addition I have 100's of thousands of dollars in cash at 3 other banks. I own 2 homes free and clear and 3 vehicles free and clear. My utilities bills are all paid in advance and I don't owe anyone on this earth a single penny, yet Chase says that I don't have any established credit. REALLY? All Chase does is go to a credit agency like Transunion or someone and if they don't see any "credit card" activity, they say that I haven't established any credit. This is totally untrue. If anyone were to look at my various banking accounts, debit card and checking activity for decades, they would see that I am as solid as they come regarding financial responsibility. Chase and their half witted reliance on a 3rd party to look into my financial activity has both embarrassed me and insulted me.

Made $638.52 overpayment; when trying to pay balance and terminate Credit Card. Account paid off and closed 15 & 20 Sept. 2016, have not been able to get a return of overpayment! Have been told repeatedly Chase will have to wait until statement cycle on paid in full and closed account on or about 18 Oct 2016. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET A CREDIT CARD STAY AWAY FROM CHASE/JP MORGAN.

When you call Chase, you are told that this call may be monitored or recorded. Fact is Chase records ALL CALLS. However the customer is not allowed to record the conversation. They will refuse to talk if you are recording the conversation. I contacted executive level and was told that was the policy and could not explain why. And if the customer requested the conversation not be recorded then they would not be helped except by the automated system. I was told you had to agree with the policy or close the account. So since they refused to allow me the same privilege they reserved and refused to explain why. I now have a different CC Company. Bunch of arrogant **...

We saw the offer for a $200 credit back after spending $500 when we were at Disney World, so we decided to apply. I Googled the card and went through the Chase website to get the card and not the Walt Disney World website, so we ended up only getting a $100 back offer. When we got the card, I called and asked about the other $200 offer and asked if we should just cancel the card and re-apply through the WDW website to get the $200 offer, and I was told not to worry about it, after I spent the $500, call back and they would change the credit. They couldn't do anything until we spent $500. Ok...

We more than met the $500 spending that first month and called back. Now I'm told they have to submit my request and we will hear about it in writing. Weeks later, we get a later asking for the "access code" to our "unique offer." What in the world? It's your offer on the Walt Disney world website that millions of people visit. Call back again. No one at Chase knows what offer I am talking about. They can't find this offer online. I have to tell everyone I talk to how to go to and find it. Are you kidding me???

Talk to numerous people... customer service reps, supervisors, their supervisors... Final word is the "marketing department" is denying our request to honor the other offer. I ask, "Isn't my initial call to your rep before I ever used the card documented??? Where your rep told me this was not a problem???" They say it is documented, but there is nothing they can do. They understand how I feel, but they cannot override marketing. Again, are you kidding me?

No one in customer service has the right or authority to make something right for a customer? We have 3 cards with them, charge a large amount of money between our household and business expenses, and they are willing to lose our business over a $100 credit that they promised us would not be a problem? We have spent hours on the phone with these people and I am beyond frustrated and sickened by their complete lack of customer care. They have absolutely no concern for loyal customers and no willingness to try to keep a customer.

Chase Visa used to have awesome customer Service. Last four times I have had to call regarding my Marriott Rewards Visa, customer service has been rude and never addressing my issues. Tonight I called as my card was denied for an online purchase. The bill is paid in full each month and I have never in nine years been late once. Brandy informed me it was the merchant and nothing she could do. I then stated, "If you check my records this is the fifth time this has happened with an online purchase." I asked, "Is there one who can assist me?" Her reply, "I told you it is the merchant." I ask to speak with a supervisor and she informed me she is a supervisor. I then asked to speak with a manager. Was ask to hold she would locate a manager. Call was put back in queue. Issue still not resolved.

We had a nightmare experience with VRBO. The owner evicted our party. We are 2 moms with 2 kids in town for a sporting event. He evicted us two nights early based on lies and false accusations. He sent erratic and threatening emails. One accusation was that we hit the garage door. We even sent pictures showing a pristine garage door. The owner had previous ordinance violations with the city, so it's obvious that the neighbors aren't happy with a vacation rental on their street.

VRBO took pity on us and put us in a hotel. When we went to gather our belongings, the owner deliberately locked us out via the remote access. After several hours of brainstorming with the Ventura Police Department, the owner's wife eventually let us in, with the demand that we never tell her husband that she helped us. Among all the other accusations, the owner is now accusing us of breaking in to get our belongings. As we stood outside looking at our property through the windows, he told VRBO he boxed up our belongings and mailed them.

We disputed the charge with Chase Visa Southwest credit card. I was tempted to ask for all the rent back because of the nightmare he put us through. We suffered fear and anxiety. On several occasions, he said he was calling the police on us. This freaked the kids out and they performed badly at the sporting event due to anxiety and lack of sleep. All we asked Visa for was our $1500.00 deposit and the money for the nights post-eviction. The owner challenged it. And Visa concluded he can keep the money. ALL the money. Our $1500.00 deposit AND the money for nights that we were unable to stay because of the eviction. We sent all the supporting documentation to Visa and I am baffled by the decision.

The best I could tell is that Chase has concluded the owner gets to keep all the money because we had two kids over for 1.5 hours, even though one rental agreement says the maximum is THREE people per bedroom. Another rental agreement delineates no more than 8 for "day use." And somehow Chase concluded we violated the contract. The two kids were gone by 9:00 and CHASE concludes that we violated the rental agreement, and reversed the decision. Now, I am paying over $2000.00 for a nightmare. I am disgusted by this decision. How can they justify letting the owner keep a damage deposit when there was no damage? I am disgusted by Chase Visa.

I have had several disputes with Chase Bank for small and large amounts of money. I provided clear, undisputable proof that my claim was legitimate. I provided everything they requested. Calling into the dispute department was absolutely frustrating since each time you would call in - you would get another agent that knew nothing about your dispute and they would each just say "I am sorry and rest assured we will check into this." Each agent was completely confused, zero follow up and canned answers. They are completely incompetent. Then, there are the agents that call you from Mumbai India - this is always fun since they call you and leave a message and they do not ever call you back if you leave a message and they do not answer the phone. They always rule in favor of the merchant and not protect their own card holder. This card is a Zero in comparison to American Express.

Consumer Affairs should investigate why they are so incompetent when reviewing facts of a dispute and why they cannot get their team straight on who answers calls, and takes notes properly etc. They are clueless as to what has been submitted and do not read the notes if there are any. They tell you to mail or fax in the information... yet, you don't know if they received it. Also, I was given an email by the Mumbai India agent and Chase USA knew nothing about it and they never received all of the information that I sent through the email. So, all of that effort and then trying to explain it to the USA agents was painful since they were completely confused and didn't know what I was talking about. They recharged me for my monies after I provided all of the information that they requested.

I recently paid off my Chase Sapphire credit card by paying the entire balance displayed on my statement. Imagine my surprise to receive a bill the following month for interest (under $11). Now, I'm not stupid. I know how this works. The interest was legitimate. But I thought it was worth a call to customer service to see if they would forgive this in light of my outstanding history in the proper use of the credit they granted.

Nope. Chase would not budge. Even going up two tiers of escalation resulted in nothing. I asked each representative point blank if they were willing to lose a long term customer of good standing over $10.33. Response: "I'm not allowed to change that charge." My conclusion is that Chase does not empower their customer service personnel to retain valued customers. My solution is to close that account. I have much better options for credit at much more favorable rates from other institutions.

My purpose here is to warn other consumers of the unnecessary greedy practices of Chase. If this is how they treat a long-term honest customer, then it begs the question: How will Chase treat you and what stack of charges will appear on your bill if - heaven forbid - you are even one day late with a payment? Or if you need help with an erroneous charge. I hereby vow to never do business with Chase again and to warn everyone I can to stay away.

My Chase sapphire credit card was blocked without any prior notification (no phone, no email, no letter). I called multiple times to get the issue resolved, wherein I am transferred from one transfer to another, each call lasting about half an hour. At the end of each call I am told I will get a call within 24-48 hours, and unfortunately I haven't received that call even once. I have no idea how to get my account started again because I haven't received any communication from the bank, and calling the customer service is of no consequence either.

I feel that the credit card company did not assist me appropriately which cause them to close my account and now I have a serious drop in my credit. I was never late on a payment to either of these credit companies. Then in May I lost my job and they knew I had, I had spoken to both companies due to my first late payment in June. I explained I had lost my job and would make a payment as soon as I was paid from a new job. After finding a new job I told them I had to wait to be paid which made June and July late. I explained to them that my first check would be around the 10th of August and I would immediately pay them. Which I did, at that time I caught up both cards and payments and was no longer behind and my cards were fine.

The end of August I go to make the next payment due for September (because my cards have always been paid in advance except the months I was out of work) and it informed me my cards had be cancelled. No one told me they would be cancelled by making the payment at that time. And they waited till I made a payment and caught the cards up to cancel them. They in no way attempted to help me and assist me in the situation and my credit had been good enough. Power card had increased my credit without my request a couple of months prior. To be that ridiculous when a good customer hits a bad couple of months is horrible customer service.

Now I am told the only way to fix this is to reapply. Why would you even suggest I reapply if I am such a bad customer? You close my account after it is caught up after a couple of rough months. I would never do business with either one again! I am so upset that they have ruined my credit by closing the account, rather than finding an alternative (decreasing my credit for a probation period or something). The bad part is they don't even care how they have affected me with this.

Failure to provide credit card services. They have frozen my new credit card with them upon further review. They have denied charges and had to call them multiple times to get it to go thru. No the account is frozen. I pay my bills on time and this is disgrace to me. How can they freeze my account to review it???

I am currently involved in a dispute with CHASE CREDIT CARD. To start from the beginning, I was a victim of a scam where someone under the company name of ICN Trust Finance AG was looking to hire me as a Project Executive. After about 2 to 3 weeks of "casework" and "interviews" I was signed on. My first project was to buy computers for their leasing company, and I was guided through a banking funds transfer scenario that they would use to "reimburse me." They listed several banks as holders of corporate accounts for ICN, and these funds would be used to reimburse me for my purchases per their recommendation. Believing that this was a legitimate project at the time, I went ahead and bought the computers using my Chase credit card. Two separate purchases were made before the scam was detected. The first payment involved Chase to Chase accounts.

Unfortunately, this was where things went awry with Chase bank. In order to protect my finances, I called Chase bank twice, once after each of my two purchases. Before sending out the computers, I wanted to know if my reimbursement was sound. I spoke with a Chase agent and shared my story: I was recently hired by an employer, and they gave me bank account information to reimburse me for purchases that I made. I shared that the account information was not mine and possibly my employers. In addition, I asked if there was a possibility of a scam, and if Chase could contact the other Chase account holder to verify the legitimacy of the transfer (as a large sum was being transferred between accounts).

In the end, Chase verified that everything looked good during both transactions, all to be legal, legitimate and approved (recorded phone conversation by Chase). In fact, both Chase agents denied my request that they call the other account holder to verify the legitimacy of the transfer. After gaining this sense of security with Chase, I went ahead and shipped the computers to the "company" overseas.

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was scammed. ICN (a legitimate company based in Swiss) had its information stolen, and it was then used as a front for scammers looking to steal money out of stolen bank accounts. The "corporate accounts" were possibly stolen bank accounts, and although the money was likely returned to the owners, I am now charged approximately $14k in credit card bills by Chase that could have been avoided by their intervention in the first place.

Although Chase bank knows that I have been scammed, they have been very callous in their communications with me. In fact, they have closed my credit card account, have threatened further action should I not pay them (including collection agencies, mounting interest rate, etc. which would affect my credit report) and have gone so far as to accuse me over the phone of money laundering. All of this, even after I have given them screenshots of e-mails, referenced the pending police report on the matter, and sent them a timeline detailing the events of the scam.

In addition, I have no criminal history, my credit score is 830 out of 850 and 811 out of 830, and I have had no late payment history. It is upsetting to be treated coldly by Chase in light of these circumstances. I paid in full, on time, all my obligation (as they stated) under protest to keep my credit scores intact while this is on going. As you can see, I am very wary of Chase's system that has allowed a breach of bank accounts being stolen. As I was given a stolen bank account in the first place, I fear there may not be proper security measures in place that would prevent Chase customers' banking information from leaking into the wrong hands.

In addition, Chase agents did not protect me or the other account holder from these transactions, although I had called them twice on each occasion to express my concerns. I finally decide to file a Civil Law Suit (State of Oregon, Washington County Municipal Court) since many attorneys feel that the $ amount of potential possible recovery is not worth their effort to pursue.

CHASE chose not to respond and the court have decided against and put a lien on CHASE CREDIT CARD Co. and reward me with maximum total civil law suit of $10,000+ (allowable + my cost of filing). During the process of the dispute, CHASE EXECUTIVE OFFICE assigned 4 Case#'s, written in official letters I received. Few minutes ago, I just called them at the number that was/were listed in their letter to contact. Surprisingly, 3 EXECUTIVE OFFICERS stated that they have no such references in their database (conversation is recorded also in my Smartphone). They could not locate even 1 of the 4, though I told them that I was looking at their official letters with the case numbers listed.

As if they disappear into the thin air, they also told me that it is not their norm to delete any case, but the facts they suddenly disappeared and no link could be found from my infos, smell very fishy here. Are they playing game with our judicial system here? Fortunately, I still have all the documents and my civil law suit stated one of those number as a reference. Apparently, their system was hacked in 2014 (hence, probably my scam), but they denied any security issue is in jeopardy... At the same time, how can the scammer stole an account number to reimburse me with.

Another issue; I spoke to more than 5 agents initially with the fund payments/transfers/reimbursements and clearly mentioned "if it is any possible scam in progress," they clearly (recorded) stated that payment from both accounts I was provided with, are both legitimate, and so did the transactions. My position at that time is very odd; since these transactions were assumed legal approved by Chase agents; if I did not send the computers, they can accuse me of theft/scamming since these transactions were approved, legitimately legal and reflected clearly in my credit card account statement at the time.

I question their policy of online transaction and approval processes. Few weeks later they reversed those payments and held me responsible of the charges. All and all; lost/disappear case#'s, ignoring legal court order, and keep disconnecting our phone conversations, I feel, surely are arrogant moves by their agents dealing with my issues. In the meantime, the court has put a lien against CHASE CREDIT CARD, in my case.

After weeks of going back and forth between a particular Chase Bank Branch, the Chase Credit Card Escalation Department, and the Chase Executive Office with hopes that the issue my wife and I are dealing will be finally resolved, we have ended up here on ConsumerAffairs. Here is the situation that my wife and I have been dealing with: My wife and I recently purchased our very 1st TownHome. In order to cover some of the major housing costs (New Flooring/Interior Paint/etc...) we decided to open up a new credit card line that offered 0% Intro Apr for 15 months -- we wanted put the initial housing costs onto this new card so that we can easily pay it off within 15 months.

Since my Wife had an account with CHASE Bank, we went to the Chase Bank Branch located in Marietta, GA on March 1st, 2016 to apply for a new credit card that offered 0% intro Apr for 15 months. Upon entering the bank, we were greeted by the only Chase Banker present at the time. We Sat down with the banker and explained to him exactly what we were looking for (0% Intro Apr for 15months) and we told him that we were thinking about applying for Chase Freedom Unlimited. The Banker acknowledged what we said and started talking about a "Special Promotion" Chase was having regarding the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card and told us that on top of the 0% Apr we would also get $625 in travel rewards if we spent at least $4,000 in the first 3-months. He insisted and recommended that Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card will be our best option.

After considering what the banker told us, we were pretty excited about the special promotion and we his advice and applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. We trusted his words/sales pitch and believed that the card had 0% intro Apr for 15-months. The only reason we agreed to get the Sapphire Preferred over the Chase Freedom Unlimited was because a chase banker, whose job duties include truthfully guiding customers and providing honest and accurate information about Chase's products, misled us. After we received the Chase Sapphire Card, we went ahead and started using it for housing costs (new flooring/paint etc) along with some daily costs.

Fast-Forwarding to Saturday, June 25th, 2016 -- I was looking over the Credit Card Statement and noticed that there was a "Finance Charge" of $222.13. So I called the credit card department thinking it was just a mistake -- but unfortunately, a chase representative on the phone told me that the Chase Sapphire Preferred does not have 0% Intro Apr for 15 months! I was shocked to hear this!

So I explained to the representative on the phone that we were told by a Chase Banker that Chase was having a "Special Promotion" regarding the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card that included a 0% Intro Apr for 15 months. And the representative on the phone said "You need to go back to the bank branch where you applied for the card and talk to them because they may have been running an internal promotion of some sort."

So on Monday June 27th, 2016 I went to the bank branch at 9 am to speak with that particular banker in person about this issue and I came to find out that he had quit his job and is no longer with Chase. So I explained the situation to another Chase Banker at this branch -- and she said she will talk to the store manager once he gets into work and call me back with a solution.

Later that day, I get a call from her and she tells me that the manager said they can't do anything about it because the banker who misled us no longer works there. She advised that I call back Chase Credit Card Department and see if they can do anything to help me. I was again shocked and disappointed to hear this response from her, and I was even more disappointed that the Store Manager did not have the decency to call me personally and talk to me. There was no sense of willingness to help a Chase Customer and that was truly disappointing.

Next, I contacted The Chase Escalation Department. And they told me that I need to talk to the Branch Manager and have him write them a letter that states "It was a bank error." Once the escalation department gets this letter, they will go ahead and resolve this issue. So I went back to the Chase Bank Branch, and this time I told the Chase Banker that I need to speak with the Manager face to face about this matter, so she went into the Manager's office and told him about my situation and he came out and told me to go in his office.

Once we went into the Manager's Office, I told the Manager exactly what happened (again) and then told him what needed to be done next in order to resolve this issue. And shockingly, he was very blunt about the situation and kept saying things like that banker does not work here anymore so I cannot do anything about it and I am not going to write any letter because I can't take responsibility for the banker's error. And the most surprising statement from the Manager was you need to find another bank and balance transfer to their credit card.

I was again very disappointed by the Manager's attitude towards this whole situation and his unwillingness to take ownership of this issue. I explained to him again that the only reason we agreed to get the Sapphire Preferred over the Chase Freedom Unlimited was because a chase banker told us that the card had 0% Intro Apr for 15 months. And the fact that a Chase Bank Branch Manager tells a current Chase Customer to find another bank and his attitude has been so blunt and unwilling to help has led to a truly discouraging and a frustrating experience dealing with Chase.

So on July 14th, 2016 I wrote a letter to the Chase Executive Office, explaining what was going on and hoping that by reaching out to them, appropriate actions will be taken in order to finally resolve this issue. But unfortunately, after 2 weeks the lady that handled our case told me that she tried to contact the branch manager for details and to verify that it was a bank error. but she could never reach him. (Really???) What kind of bank is this that an Executive Office Agent is not able to reach or get a response back from a local branch manager?? I was again shocked and disappointed. Then she said after doing an investigation there is nothing they could do because she concluded that it was not a bank error because we had received their terms and conditions with the card in the mail.

After receiving this news from her, I tried to talk to her again to see if there is anything they can do to help me out with this horrible financial situation that has destroyed our financial freedom and she told me that I need to apply for another credit card from another bank do a balance transfer. Then I explained to her that before I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card, my credit score was 798* (Excellent) but since that time, I have applied for a Home Depot Card, and of course we have maxed out our Chase Sapphire Card (as we were planning to do) and all this has resulted in dropping my score to 690* for the time being. And with a score this low, I explained to her that I probably won't qualify for a high credit limit. But she basically said "sorry I can't help you."

So I went ahead and applied for the Discover Credit Card as they were offering me 0% Intro Apr for 12 months with 0% Balance Transfer Fee but as expected, I only qualified for 27% of the amount I owe on the Chase Sapphire Card. So now I am stuck with a high-interest rate Chase Sapphire Credit Card with a high balance on it, my credit score has gone down from Excellent (798*) to Fair (688*), and I do not know what to do. We were lied to by a Chase Banker. We were scammed into getting this card.

With over a 750 Credit score by the Chase's own FICO score, no late payments in 10-years, and an overall good credit history the best Chase can offer is 18.5% on the credit card and 25% on cash. That crook of a CEO is betting on their clients defaulting and have intentionally decided to rape their clients and the economy of their income so as to pad their own wealth. With federal rates at rock bottom Chase still thinks that high interest rates on debt is the solution; betting against the people. Suggest you bet against Chase and go to a legitimate lender.

I'm trying to complete a name change. I have a legal court decree and the process should be very straightforward but instead, all while communicating via secure message, the representatives simply tell me that they cannot provide the forms electronically, even thought I will ultimately be able to submit the back electronically and that they will have to mail them which could take 10 days. I'm able to attach my court decree and provide it to them electronically but they simply refuse to do the same in return with the form. This is 2016, right? It's just ridiculous and unacceptable.

I will try to make this as short as possible. For the year that I have had my Chase credit cards, I have always paid them on time, and when the balance got high, I paid them off entirely MULTIPLE times. A few months ago, I got hit hard with fraud and identity theft. It sucked. Chase ensured me that the fraud was taken care of and protected and that I wouldn't be held liable for it. Last week, when it came time for to pay my bill, I noticed my balance was WAY higher than it should have been (I had just paid it off in its entirety the month prior). I looked at the activity and saw that they had -- without any notification -- reversed all of the fraudulent charges. So not only did I have these fraud issues, but now they had without telling me decided that they feel like I should have to pay for these. Unreal.

I call and call and call trying to get through to a person named Nicole who had called and left a message with me -- presumably to explain this, and tell me why on earth I am paying for things I never even did. She never answered a single one of my calls. Then today, someone else calls me. FINALLY. I call back, ready to straighten this out, only for her to say essentially that it's not her problem, not her department and that Chase has now chosen to shut down my cards completely. EXCUSE ME?! AFTER I finally get my identity fraud figured out and have two months of non-issues, and paying off my account, THIS is when they decide to shut it down? AND they are trying to make me pay for the fraud??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Never have I ever been so mad, felt so much injustice and had so many issues from any company. I despise people who could feel okay doing to this to other people. I legitimately have only ever used my card, reported fraud when it did happen, and pay my card off (on-time and often completely), and my repayment is this? Disgusting. Ultimately they addressed this essentially by saying: "this is how it is, because we said so." There is no valid reasoning, and nothing to show that the charges aren't fraudulent (because they ARE FRAUDULENT), just Chase deciding not to honor their policy. Your policy that actually states: "Just as with any card, if someone steals your credit card number but you still have the card, Chase must refund all fraudulent charges, but only if you file a report within 60 days."

They did, I did, and Chase didn't. They shared absolutely nothing to show that it wasn't fraud (because -- and I can't stress this enough -- it WAS fraud) and yet won't honor their own words and policies. I realize this doesn't affect their lives and that's why they don't care -- but this is my life and this fraud that you refuse to take care of has huge negative implications, including my potential inability to pay rent if I have to pay these charges that I never made. They shouldn't get away with this. That is unacceptable, and they know it. They just don't care, because it lines their pockets and greases their palms just a little less. And by the way, the guy who "responded" to me, couldn't have possibly been more of a condescending prick.

This is the hands down worse company we've ever dealt with! After numerous calls to get our military scra benefits this company has given every single excuse as to why they cannot process this! There are NO excuses! It is the law to submit and forgive any and all Interest above 6 percent no matter what state you live in, either reservists or active duty, spouse or actual active member! They've given these excuses and many more for over 12 years now!

I suggest anyone of you contact your CFPB and or for military the military "one source" sites! You'll find all laws and steps there to regain any losses with this company! They are the most incompetent "rude" non knowledgeable bunch of people I've ever spoken to, not to mention you CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND any of their languages when you call! All other cards we've called and faced paper work to have went above and beyond and given the 0 percent interest! Two more excuses - we didn't get your fax, hmmm!!! And you don't live in the zip code for the benefits! They've obviously NO clue the consequences for their actions with military's sec of defense! I'm over this company and their lack of military support!

One of the "benefits" of having a Chase Amazon Visa credit card is the rental car reimbursement of your deductible if you are in an accident with your rental car, and if you use the card for your deposit on the rental car. Unfortunately if you exceed 31 days of renting the car, they will not reimburse your deductible. I don't understand because one thing has nothing to do with the other. My car insurance company pays for the rental car, and I pay the difference of going over the 31 days. My personal car was almost totaled and took a long time to repair. Apparently to take advantage of this "benefit" I would have had to of had two rental agreements. I guess I should have read the fine print and not have been so naive that Chase would take care of their customers.

On July 12th, I went into my local branch to get info on the Chase Slate card. Additionally, sign up to see what I qualified for because I wanted to transfer a balance. I thought this was a great deal because it was no APR% for the first 15 months and no balance transfer fee. It also would be a lower APR% than my other credit card. I the branch officer my after tax annual wage so-called her back that day to correct this. We did a conference call with the balance transfer department and I qualified for the max credit limit. I told him that I only wanted the credit limit at what would transfer my whole balance over. He said the amount I chose (I told the amount I would prefer) would be enough.

I get my card on Friday to ask for the transfer to be completed only to find out that my credit limit was not high enough to transfer the whole amount over. Not only this but the branch officer I sat down with put in the wrong amount initially (not even the whole amount). The customer service person I spoke with on Friday said they had to include the 5% balance transfer on 95% of the balance even though the card does not have one. No one explained this to me once. I ended up spending 2 hours on the phone getting this straightened out. The branch officer told me she would not know about the 5% that needs to be added in, she only signs people up and they have a whole department that does the balance transfer so why would she need to know this. Really!? Why wouldn't you know everything about your companies cards you sign people up on? If you are starting the balance transfer application shouldn't you know?

After all that I thought I was good to go but I get a call from Chase security today and they said they had been trying to contact me to verify the activity but since they were unable to contact me they canceled my balance transfer. They text me once. I ignored this as I got the text the next day. It seemed weird to me, maybe a scam since no one I spoke to on Friday told me that someone would be calling to verify this balance transfer before it could be approved.

After an hour on the phone trying to work something out with them to accommodate me for their mistakes they said all they could do was resubmit my balance transfer request. I explained I have my other credit card due today and due to their mistakes I'm being penalized. I asked if they could expedite the request or waive my late fee but nope, nothing. I resubmitted my request since the card has already been opened and in my possession but I tell you what, I will never do business with Chase again or will I ever refer someone to them.

I just hang off phone with Chase customer service. Its not right with the treat for consumers like this case. I felt and said them that this would like a hiding trap for consumers. I got many mails delivery for 0% APR. So just got approved for a 0% APR transfer balance till May 20017 in June 2016. My statement it closed on the 16th of each month. The due day pay on 13th monthly. So the balance of the purchases in June was $282.32 amount, plus the transfer balance amount with transfer fee on 0% APR promotion till 2017. The minimum payment is $28. So I made amount payment was $400.00 on July 5th. This would pay off for the $282.00 purchases balance amount, then the rest would go for promotion balance included transfer fee. But I got the statement of July 16th. Detailed they costed me $2.36 interest charged on.

Although this is not big deal to pay, but its not even fair to cost me interest like this. I called them. The first respond I got she said that because of I didn't pay off amount on the statement. I spoke back to her "what about $400 I paid for $282.00 amount of the purchases. Didn't it off?" The second Explaining that I had $160 amount on too. I respond that amount of the statement would be closed on July 16th, so my payment was July 5th for the statement due day on July 13th. I questioned why I have to pay interest charges on it. The third explaining truly bothered me - that she said the $400 amount I paid $93 went to the promotion balance. I said "alright. I think so, But over $300 left on that payment amount still over the amount of $282 purchases."

I keep questioned the same why, then final explaining I got that She said the other $50 went for the $50 transfer fee on the promotion balance amount so $93+$50, then the went rest for the purchases balance. It wasn't enough to pay off. Well This is pretty my great lesson for me to learn. I truly counted carefully of every my spending, because I didn't make big income to spend for interest payment at all. I don't want to fall into a deep debt hole, But I was still trapped to this problem. I have been with many companies, But I had never trapped like this case. Please consumers to be carefully. My opinion.

Received a credit report turning me down for an Amazon Chase Visa Card that I absolutely never applied for. Looks like a phishing scam to me.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine,, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple,, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards