Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I made a reservation in NYC with my Chase Sapphire points. I was traveling 4th of July weekend 2016. The east coast experienced rain and thunderstorms that caused massive airline delays throughout the region and my flight was cancelled until the next day. I immediately notified Chase of the cancellation due to an act of god and the agent was well aware of the situation as they were having tons of cancellations. 5 months later still no resolution after numerous calls. Each call has a 45 minute wait minimum! The last guy I spoke to finally told me the hotel had not agreed to credit my account but I could contact the insurance program the card had built in and file a claim. The insurance told me I had 20 days from the problem to file a claim! 5 months later I'm told about this so now I'm too late to file a claim. Sounds like a gimmick. Unbelievable! Horrible service for a "Premium" card. I will stick to AMEX for service. Unbeatable. Chase is a joke.

I was trying to download all transaction for the year and I can NOT do this. I really do NOT like their website. It is really lacking and confusing too many menus in so many different places. And not being able to download my transaction for the year is ridiculous. I would have to download PDF statements for every months and reconstruct in excel. Just RIDICULOUS. They also have no help. Most my other credit card you can contact someone via chat, email and even phone. I really should have read reviews on these guys before I get a card from them.

I opened a business account with my ex-husband linking to our business checking account in 2012. There has never been any activity on the account. I got a divorce and sold the businesses in Oct 2015. My ex used the card as an overdraft protection in March 2016. I do not have access to the accounts whatsoever. Of course me not knowing these charges were made and not receiving any statements, the account went delinquent. My credit score dropped a 100 points in a month. When I realized what was going on, I contacted Chase and they will not do anything to help me. I made disputes with the credit bureaus and Chase still did not grant my requests.

Yes I understand the account is linked to my social security number. But, the charges were made thru the business I sold and do not even have access to. Why should my credit be corrupted by charges I didn't even make. I am never late on any payments. I don't think I should have to be responsible for this. Not to mention they never sent any letters saying I was delinquent or my credit would be affected. I really feel like Chase does not have any compassion for humans. This is affecting my life. And I didn't do anything wrong.

Applied for a Southwest Airlines credit card with Chase offering 50k bonus points after spending $2k in the first 90 days. Chase agreement said, "Wait 90 day after spending for points to be added to your account. After waiting the 90 days I called to see where my points were. I was told I was changed to a different promotion. I was also told I could not be changed back to the agreement I signed up for since it was past 90 day. Chase puts two offers on the website giving the lesser value. I have tried numerous times to call and email Chase however no one will speak to me. I'm told to send an email. And they refuse to reverse my promotion. I have read on several sites this has happened to several people. I look at this as a bait and switch or a scam. Watch your statements and be sure to keep all info Chase sends to you.

I have quite a number of Chase credit card in the past 10 years and always happy. However, I notice that the service is bad these days. Right now, I have two most premium Chase card (Ritz and Sapphire Reserve). However, even with these cards, the service is just bad and I am considering cancelling both of them. I just can't believe that even $30 dispute will take forever on the phone and tons of questions from them. This is way the other extreme from the experience I have with my Citi credit cards. There was also a dispute that I have all the documentation to prove my dispute and they could not help me get back the money. The two premium Chase card also do not provide annual bonus to customers, despite paying $450 a year. Most of the hotel card provide annual stay certificate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

I disputed a charge on my British Airways Chase credit card for a hotel in which I did not stay. The hotel was not satisfactory upon arrival and in a different town than advertised. They had a one night stay cancellation policy and after we canceled and left the property the hotel charged me for the two nights stay. The hotel did not have a signature on the receipt they sent to Chase, yet Chase has contacted Equifax, Experian and Transunion Corp damaging my excellent credit and threatened to damage it further if I do not pay this disputed amount.

I had a pleasant experience at first when I called and requested a new card for myself. That all went very well. It was for a credit card neither my husband and I have used for about 5 years. I received the expedited card quickly and had great customer service up until that point. The card worked right away and I made a small purchase then my husband called to "verify" we received that card. Like the paperwork requested. We didn't really need to, we already had it working. Since they asked questions about an address that we lived at for only a year about 7 years ago and we move frequently, he answered it wrong and now our entire account is frozen. They haven't given us any idea as to what is happening and have been extremely rude on the phone since then.

I understand they now assume we are fraudsters but it is not!!! It is extremely frustrating since we recently moved here to be closer to a hospital for our daughter to receive chemo and right now this is the only means we have in order to make travel arrangements. Like I said we haven't used the card in about 5 years and when we need it they have now frozen it!!! They have not asked any other questions to verify our identity, since we got one wrong we are now ** out of luck and looked at like we are phonies and talked to like we are thieves!

Used to have a bank account checking and saving accounts as well as business accounts. Stayed there for 6 years keeping my money with them. A bank officer once noticed my name, he asked me to speak to him... he asked me about my mother country (Egypt). Then he said "you might not continue doing business with our bank??" Then I received a letter saying that I need to withdraw my money cause the accounts were closed??? Then after three years, I received an invitation to do a credit card (safir), I thought they discovered what went wrong with them... I applied, received the card, spent money and repaid for a term of 75 days... Then they discovered that I am the same person and that they had to close the account, after I started to rely on that card in my business. How amateur that is??

I am doing business with other banks that are as strong and smaller banks... the only unprofessional banking experience came from one of the banks that is supposed to be a good one... not once but twice... I will never go back to Chase bank... and from my experience... they will not stay long with those amateurs running its business with that attitude of (we are Chase and you have to follow). No... enough is enough!!!

I got scammed by a company, selling me the fraudulent product. I contacted the Chase business department to dispute the charge. I first spoke to Maria **, but all she told me was that they could not help me because I authorized the charge. I told her that the product was fraudulent, and I have all the documents to prove it. But she told me that the product being fraudulent or not does not matter because I authorized the charge.

No matter how much and in details I explained my reasoning that the fraud happened by the merchant because I was scammed as that's how con game works. Her answer was the same repetitious cookie cutter reply "We cannot help you because I authorized it." I couldn't believe what I was hearing from a representative from the fraud department that is supposed to fight against the fraudulent merchants over a charge. I asked her to transfer me to the supervisor.

Vashawn **, the supervisor, talked to me on the phone. She was as condescending and unhelpful as her subordinate Maria. I was flabbergasted of the incompetence of the personnel working in this fraud department. Rather than doing the investigative work to combat the fraudulent merchants, they choose to stonewall their own customers because confronting against the merchant gathering all the evidence and go through the process was too much of a hassle. So here is their solution: screw the customer, me, because there is nothing else I can do except close the account.

I called again to another number; and a different rep, Diana **, picked up the phone. I could hear her car driving. While she was driving, pretty much she said the same thing with the other two. No hope in this department. This is the level of their fraud department operation. I am not sure if these people are utterly incompetent or the company Chase itself does not care about the customers, and the attitude trickles down to their employees. Anyways, you be forewarned. Don't even think you'll be protected by using Chase business credit card.

I have been with Chase bank for many years. Recently, I found myself able to pay off in full the two credit cards that I hold with this bank. The total balance due was submitted by the due dates for both accounts. However, I received information that I still had remaining balances due on both for interest. I don't understand how interest could be added to a paid in full account. I called the 24hr service line to speak to a representative. Complete run around about interest accruing on a daily basis, which, by the way, has nothing to do with the pay by date. "Enough," I said. "I'd like to pay off both accounts in full with you right now." She was not able to do this, or to even give me the pay off totals.

How can a bank not be able to tell you how much your total balance is to be able to pay in full?!? Her response was to wait until the end of the billing cycle, the end of the month, in which time, I would be adding 3 more weeks of interest charges to an amount she could not even put a figure to. Very frustrated and disappointed. Will never use this bank again for anything.

I have had a Chase Card for years and I was getting ready to purchase a new stove and use the card. I called and told them that I was using the card and that I would get it paid off before November. Since I used the card for that big ticket item and I have been paying on it and have it paid off, they have stopped putting a Pending Payment on there. The last payment was three days ago and it's still not been used.

The first time I complained that there was no pending payment. I was told that Chase doesn't put pending payment on the account. That's not true. Then I was told that the reason the payment had not been sent through was because my bank was slow to recognize that it needed to be paid? Not true. Lots of excuses for this. So they can put on interest saying that the payment never went through. Sick and tired of excuses and every time our call it's a different story. My balance should be zero, but they have not sent through the payment that was made three days ago.

I reached out Chase customer service regarding my debit card wrong payment issue. When I called customer service I want them to stop the transaction and dispute the payment. Actually the transaction is still on pending status. Customer service desk told me they can't do any dispute the payment but they need to get merchant's approval first. They told me to call the merchant tomorrow to get the approval. Lol. Chase Bank Card Service doesn't care about card holder's needs at all. Also they are unprofessional at all. I address the issue to them on time. However they do not want to fix it on time.

Chase can't provide good service to customer at all. I can't understand how come Chase become top 4 bank? Hmm. Maybe only focus on marketing strategy. For top 4 banks, I like Bank of America and Citibank the most. Bank of America provides very secure online banking and customer service. Chase is far far away from good bank at all. Chase Bank customer accounts got hacked in 2014. I do want to close my account with Chase soon. Bye bye Chase!

I'm in the process of closing my Chase Slate Visa Credit Card but for some unknown reason the Chase Slate Visa people are giving me the runaround. These Chase Slate Visa people have been trying to intimidate me by telling me that some supervisor is supposed to call me on my cellphone letting me know that my credit card has been closed. I never received any call from Chase Slate Visa so I do not know how to approach this subject. Their customer service with Chase Slate Visa is no good because they think every customer is a piece of trash.

I've had the Chase Amazon awards card for several years for nearly all of my purchases, but I've decided to stop using it. For quite some time, I've noticed that there's this weird issue with the total balance on the card. I would pay off the card every time I got paid (every two weeks), but the total balance always seemed much higher than it should be. I'd add up all posted, completed transactions since I had last paid off the card, and the total balance would ALWAYS be $100-$200 dollars higher than the amount I'd get from adding up all posted, completed transactions after I had last paid it off. This was a consistent problem I'd observe every time I'd pay off the card's balance. I remember calling them about this, and they pretty much told me (in the nicest way possible) that I'm a moron that doesn't understand basic arithmetic, and that it had to do with "pending transactions" that haven't posted yet.

I'd always carefully review all transactions posted to my account and there was never anything there that I didn't recognize. Even if it did have something to do with pending transactions, there's no way the total balance could be as high as I've seen it on my card. And now I see other reviews on Consumer Affairs where other people have had issues with the total balance not being calculated correctly or the balance not reducing even though payments are being made regularly. I have never had this issue with any other card I've had with other banks. At this point, I'm fairly certain that I was just getting fleeced. I will never use any kind of Chase product again.

I used the credit card overseas. I got the vet charged by a vendor there by 657 dollars. I had emails showing what confirming the total price I was suppose to pay and Chase still decide to charge me. Even after I proved to them that the invoice the vendor produced are a fraud. They don't care about the customers. They care only about the vendors so they can use their cards. This is a fraud in their part. They deserve a class action. So do not use them. They will fail you and somehow either let someone over charge you or they will do it themselves.

I've been using the Chase Freedom credit card since 2012 and thinking that I was saving 5% each quarter using my card and earning rewards. All my credit cards are linked to my mint.com account and just this month mint.com sent me an email saying that there is a finance charge on this card, and offering me another card to save finance charges.

After investigating, I've found out that I've been charged $246.97 since December, 2012. I thought that the account is set up with automatic payment to pay in full. When I called Chase they told me that I "enabled the Blueprint feature" and therefore my full payments are made only to certain purchase leaving the rest with finance charges. Chase didn't even offer me to void any of these charges, which makes me believe that this is a deliberate and planned scam by the bank to steal money from people like me, people who set up automatic payments and thinking that the balance is paid in full every month.

I signed up for a United Mileage Plus credit card which clearly states that no annual fee is charged the first year. On my very first statement I was charged $95. I made 2 attempts to get this charge removed... was denied both tries. I've been banking with Chase for about 15 years... have my checking and savings with them and several other credit cards. Know of any good banks? Because they are about to lose all my business. It's all about principle and integrity for me. They have lost my trust completely.

Am a senior and I have a CC with CHASE, I pay very good. On September 2016 as soon I get the statement I pay, I went to the branch on TOMS RIVER NJ. I made a $250 cash, I don't want to pay online sometimes and I was close to the branch. No problem. Fast and easy. Well, the way that should be. Now on October 11 I went to make another payment for the same amount. The teller (ABENA **) look on my statement AND ASKED ME FOR A PHOTO ID. I SAID "WHAT? Am making a payment on own acc, what is the problem? I came last month and nobody asked me for anything. I have my DL since I am 19." "You have to be sure the payment is legitimate." What? I don't carry fake money, bunch of retards. That was an insult me as a customer.

According to them, when you pay on cash, (electric, cable, etc) you show an ID. I send them an email, w/ no response. I never heard anything like that in my life. I pay another CC by the branch and on cash, including dept stores, no problem with them. Maybe my last name or my Italian accent?

I signed up for Premier credit card and was promised 50,000 bonus points if I spent $2,000 in 90 days. I did this and assumed I qualified, but when I checked my account I was only given 25,000 points. When I called Chase to talk to a supervisor, I was told that since it had been over 90 days since I opened the account, they were not able to give me the additional 25,000 points. Watch out for this!

I had the same Chase credit card account for over 20 years (they put me on a sapphire card some years ago but my account with them pre-dates the sapphire card's existence). In August, I was traveling and unable to log in to pay my account off (which I generally do in full). I called, and they agreed to waive the late fee. This past billing cycle, I paid my bill on time online, but my home bank, from which the funds were to be transferred, experienced an error. I notified Chase immediately, but couldn't "re-pay" the bill because they had not yet documented non-payment. They insisted on charging me a late fee anyway. I cancelled my account with them that day and will not go back.

I have a Slate card. My limit is 2000. I got the card in 2014. Since 2014 I paid my card on time... but my balance never changes. Is like I don't make payments. The interest is extremely high and it constantly changes. Minimum payment is 55 dollars... I send them 100 every month... and yet, my available credit never increases and my balance never changes. I should be half way done paying the card. But I'm stuck in the same place I was 2 years ago. I made a complaint. I still have not hear from Chase except for an email from Chase asking me to help them fight identity fraud which a think is a distraction from the dishonest greedy things this bank is doing.

After 4 calls with Chase and over 3 cumulative hours later this is still not resolved. I booked a flight on July 28 through Chase Ultimate Rewards for travel on Spirit Airlines. That same day, something came up and I had to cancel that flight. It was within 24 hours so Spirit was able to cancel that flight with no fees. Now, over 2 MONTHS LATER (it's October 7 today), still no refunded points. On my last call today, I got transferred three times (card services - ultimate rewards travel - some specialist?) and all the last guy could do was "send an email" to the "accounting department." And apparently in 7-10 days, someone in Chase "might know" if the funds can be transferred back to me. That was 30 minutes of my time today.

Yesterday I called about the same issue, except I waited on the last transfer for over an hour (my phone logged the call as 79 minutes total) and then the call was dropped. Chase has no respect for customers who call them with problems, especially if those customers are owed money. Once I get my points back, I am closing my account and JP Morgan Chase will never see a penny of my money again.

I was on vacation and exceeded my limit by $228 for less than a week, which I didn't even think was possible, which I paid down as soon as I got back. Now, they say they cannot do anything for me. I feel like I have been raped or stabbed and told them that as well. A few days after I exceeded the limit and I paid it down well below the limit but they still hammered my FICO score by 31 points. I have immediately initiated a balance transfer to my Citi card that I have no balance on for 0% for 18 months and once complete will be closing all Chase accounts, regardless of how it affects my FICO score. Not another dime with the crooked thieves at Chase, period.

Chase allowed my limit to be exceeded and then punished me for it without any effort to make any resolution because without a week passing or even a phone call, they slammed my credit rating. Unless you want to be subject to such shady and borderline corrupt practices, do not do business with Chase, because they will fail to do the right thing, every time. Amazon needs to make a change for the better.

I experienced an unfair lending practice for a Chase Slate Credit Card. They denied my application due to too many credit card applications filed within the last two years. I have a credit score of 750. Never late for payments, decent income. Evil big bank. I only have one open credit card and it's with discover card. What a bunch of evil bastards. I'm reporting this company to the better business bureau.

We signed up for the Chase Southwest rewards card and spent the minimum 2k in 90 days to receive the 50k rewards points to Southwest flights. But, when we called at the 80 day mark to verify that we had spent enough the representative told us yes we had and that it would be fine. Well, it wasn't fine. I didn't want to raise the limit on the card so we kept it at 2k. But, when we didn't see the points updated on the account we called back to find out from a different representative that there was a disclosure on the card, that 99 dollars for the annual fee doesn't apply to the purchase minimum.

They didn't tell us anything about that until after the 90 days, and now they won't give us the points, the only reason we signed up for the card. Now we're having issues closing the account. It's a scam and from the looks of how they handled the situation we will continue to have problems with the card. So do not fall for this like we did. They are scam artists who do not care about their customers.

I went to the office on 9/19 and ordered a credit card. They agreed to send me the card in two days. It did not come in the mail. I called the Customer Service on 9/27 and the representative told me that they mailed the credit card on 9/23. I was waiting to buy my plane tickets with this card earlier. Now I need to get an expensive airline ticket. I don't trust them anymore about protocols.

I recently applied for a Chase Credit card and was rejected for not having a credit rating. I am 66 yrs old and I have never owned a credit card (yes. I am that one guy left in America). I am not some young kid just starting out in life who's made bad decisions. However I have been banking with Chase for years and I have maintained a checking and savings balance of well over 100K with them for decades. In addition I have obtained and paid off a home loan through them and I have purchased 10's of thousands of dollars of things using their Visa debit card. Never has there been an issue with my ability or willingness to pay any and all debt. NEVER!

In addition I have 100's of thousands of dollars in cash at 3 other banks. I own 2 homes free and clear and 3 vehicles free and clear. My utilities bills are all paid in advance and I don't owe anyone on this earth a single penny, yet Chase says that I don't have any established credit. REALLY? All Chase does is go to a credit agency like Transunion or someone and if they don't see any "credit card" activity, they say that I haven't established any credit. This is totally untrue. If anyone were to look at my various banking accounts, debit card and checking activity for decades, they would see that I am as solid as they come regarding financial responsibility. Chase and their half witted reliance on a 3rd party to look into my financial activity has both embarrassed me and insulted me.

Made $638.52 overpayment; when trying to pay balance and terminate Credit Card. Account paid off and closed 15 & 20 Sept. 2016, have not been able to get a return of overpayment! Have been told repeatedly Chase will have to wait until statement cycle on paid in full and closed account on or about 18 Oct 2016. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET A CREDIT CARD STAY AWAY FROM CHASE/JP MORGAN.

When you call Chase, you are told that this call may be monitored or recorded. Fact is Chase records ALL CALLS. However the customer is not allowed to record the conversation. They will refuse to talk if you are recording the conversation. I contacted executive level and was told that was the policy and could not explain why. And if the customer requested the conversation not be recorded then they would not be helped except by the automated system. I was told you had to agree with the policy or close the account. So since they refused to allow me the same privilege they reserved and refused to explain why. I now have a different CC Company. Bunch of arrogant **...

We saw the offer for a $200 credit back after spending $500 when we were at Disney World, so we decided to apply. I Googled the card and went through the Chase website to get the card and not the Walt Disney World website, so we ended up only getting a $100 back offer. When we got the card, I called and asked about the other $200 offer and asked if we should just cancel the card and re-apply through the WDW website to get the $200 offer, and I was told not to worry about it, after I spent the $500, call back and they would change the credit. They couldn't do anything until we spent $500. Ok...

We more than met the $500 spending that first month and called back. Now I'm told they have to submit my request and we will hear about it in writing. Weeks later, we get a later asking for the "access code" to our "unique offer." What in the world? It's your offer on the Walt Disney world website that millions of people visit. Call back again. No one at Chase knows what offer I am talking about. They can't find this offer online. I have to tell everyone I talk to how to go to waltdisneyworld.com and find it. Are you kidding me???

Talk to numerous people... customer service reps, supervisors, their supervisors... Final word is the "marketing department" is denying our request to honor the other offer. I ask, "Isn't my initial call to your rep before I ever used the card documented??? Where your rep told me this was not a problem???" They say it is documented, but there is nothing they can do. They understand how I feel, but they cannot override marketing. Again, are you kidding me?

No one in customer service has the right or authority to make something right for a customer? We have 3 cards with them, charge a large amount of money between our household and business expenses, and they are willing to lose our business over a $100 credit that they promised us would not be a problem? We have spent hours on the phone with these people and I am beyond frustrated and sickened by their complete lack of customer care. They have absolutely no concern for loyal customers and no willingness to try to keep a customer.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards