Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently applied for a credit card with Chase. My application was approved and everything was fine... for about a day. Before I even received my card in the mail they cancelled my account and no one at their customer service will tell me why.

After six years as a Chase customer, I became extremely ill, lost my job, and had trouble handling medical and other bills. I called to ask if Chase has a financial hardship program and could help me get through this precarious time with a lower APR or reduced payment – particularly as my Chase Freedom and Slate cards have significantly higher APRs than any of my other cards, and my Freedom minimum payment was over twice as much as my second-highest minimum payment.

I was told I didn’t qualify for any assistance because I don’t have a high enough income. That's right: they have a hardship program, but I’m making too little money to be offered financial assistance; I would need to make more money to qualify for help. I've taken out a personal loan, paid off my Chase credit cards, and will not use them again. If you are a person who might one day find themselves in financial trouble – which is to say, anyone – a Chase credit card may not be the choice for you.

How can any company (travel) can charged hold a person (my) credit card for $2885.99 x 2... and I didn't even confirmed my booking?!! I didn't give them authorize to charge or hold on my credit card at all!! Even if I decide to book that's should be only $2885.99 NOT two charged without my approval..! Any Attorney or Counsel can see this is a good case for CLASS ACTION please contact/message me please..! BTW ultimate rewards customer services name Bria ** my called around 3 pm pacific time Feb 15, 17 told me, "Don't worried about it.!! It will come off, that's the services you'll get with Chase 3rd parties.!!"

I paid off my Chase credit card. Several days after the amount cleared my bank, I called Chase, confirmed zero balance, closed account. Now Chase reports me 30 days late for interest they billed me AFTER I paid off the balance and closed the account. I was billed $12.08 for 14 days on a ZERO balance. Customer service was very nice in explaining they continue to bill interest on a zero balance on a closed account.

I received a phone call on December 23rd 2016 telling me I was overdue on payments on an account that was opened in 2012 by a company I consulted with but was not an employee. I received the card with my name on it in 2012 and put it in the shredder because I saw no need for it as I was not an employee. I explained this to Chase who only found me through calling everyone with my name in my city. I was told by one of the 25 different Chase people that the card in my name had never been used but actual employee cards had been used and that I was the principal card holder. They agreed to erase the amounts owed as I had never used my card. LIES ALL LIES.

I have spent the past 50 days on the phone with all different counties and Chase employees ALL LYING to me. I finally gave up because of the stress it is causing me. I asked for an amount I could pay off because every single person I talked to above customer service was an idiot or I could not understand them when they talked to me. I am now paying $5400.00 for a card I did not apply for to save my credit rating. I will now see how this affects my retirement I was hoping to take. They were horrible to deal with, I have VISA business cards of my own and every single time there is a fraud charge VISA takes it off of my account. I will spend the rest of my remaining years telling people to drop CHASE in all of their dealings. From credit cards to mortgages and banking. They are the single worst business I have ever dealt with. They are nothing short of incompetent criminals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Won't pay claims on car rental benefits. After being put thru a paper chase for months to make a small insurance claim under Chase's rental car insurance benefit, they denied me by not producing a 'declarations page' from my policy with State Farm, who could provide all sorts of documentation that my policy was in effect. Chase intentionally denies claims by demanding obscure paperwork and then wearing you out until you go away. They are a scam operation.

They have the worst customer service. I had to cancel my checking account due to lack of information then I have a credit card with Chase and unable to log in. Called the customer service to help and they are not allowed to help on the phone. They need me to come into a bank just to get my online working correctly. Even after telling them it's impossible for me to come in. They won't help with any other solutions. They have so many fees and when you sign up for the credit card they don't tell you all the ins and outs that come with it but makes sure to sign you up! I wish I never signed up with Chase. They have got to be the worst.

When I applied for the Southwest credit card there was an offer for 40,000 points if you spent $2,000 during the first three months. I charged more than $2,000 on the card and I have not received the points. I called Southwest and they told me to call Chase because they do not have access to the charges that are made on the card. I call Chase and the woman tells me that instead of receiving the 40,000 points they gave my a $200 instant discount when I applied for the credit card. And that there is nothing that can be done now since it has been five days past the three months. That if I had called back when I reached the $2,000 requirement she could have maybe done something about it. This is ridiculous. I have only banked with Chase due to their good service I have received during the years but I am disappointed with this outcome.

I am secondary user for the sapphire Chase Credit Card. It was a total nightmare experience! Almost every time I went to use the card it kept getting blocked for no apparent reason? I went to buy a snow blower at home depot, waited an hour for them to put it together and explain how to work it and the warranty explained? Run the card? DECLINED! No explanation whatsoever? That took about 2 weeks to clear up? For what reason we was never given a thorough answer. Myself as well as the primary card holder got them on the line 3-way for an explanation? All we got that "It was under review and we have the right to review any unsecured card at our discretion anytime"? Yet for a 3rd security alert and it was gonna take another 10 days for yet another review? Can you imagine being at a restaurant with family and friends and this happens? That's embarrassing?

If you are that afraid to allow your customers to use your cards? Then get out of the business? We're not gonna kiss your rear to get in debt? Needless to say we're cancelling the card? The only fraud taken place is them offering use of a credit card that you get treated like a criminal if you use it? Stay Away from the chase sapphire card, go elsewhere. Unless you like to be on hold for an hour only to be told you're under a 10 day review with each purchase?

Purchase lights online, product did not work. Tried to return, and vendor was out of business. Ask Chase to go after my funds and they said that the merchandise was not returned so they can not help. I explained that merchandise could not be returned because the merchant was no longer reachable. Chase said sorry. I have been a Chase customer for over 15 years. Today I will no longer be one.

I'm a 20 year veteran with the US Air Force. I was recently deployed overseas for an extended period so I applied for the Service Member Credit Relief Act benefits with Chase for my wife's account. They denied our benefits because I was only an authorized user and not a joint account holder. I explained to the gentleman that I was the primary income earner and that the check they receive from us every month is my earned income and that every other bank that we have cards with (whether it was a joint account or I was just an authorized user) approved our requests for SCRA benefits.

I'm a reservist so this deployment has affected my bottom line considering I make more at my civilian job. That's why the SCRA was created in the first place. To help service members and their families through the difficulties that can arise financially during a deployment. Chase doesn't care though! All they want is a way to charge you more money! I will never do business with Chase Bank or anyone affiliated with that bank. I urge anyone in the military to not do business with this bank! It sickens me with disgust that they would use a loop hole in the SCRA just so they could make more money off a service member!!!

Not only calling customer service will lead you to a long wait, even if they confirm the charges are fraudulent, they might ask you to still call again (if any of the charges are pending). They will tell you they were able to reverse charges for the same fraudulent charge but you will again have to go thru the screening, even if they have confirmed before. Not only that be prepared to be asked if you returned the merchandise, even though you are calling for fraud. Wow amazing.

I recently took advantage of the $200 new checking account advertisement and opened a Chase checking account. While there the bank representative offered me the opportunity to do a balance transfer. I took him up on the offer since I had no reason to expect a denial. Needless to say, I was. The bank representative seemed surprised after I told him my credit score and so was I shrugging my shoulders when he told me it was denied. When I got the denial letter it stated it was because my credit report showed a bankruptcy so I called the Customer Representative to advise that I was only in bankruptcy for 2-3 months and I had it dismissed because the bankruptcy payments weren't much lower than my original payments. In addition, the bankruptcy would be taken off of my credit report in a few months.

The customer service representative had me on hold for several minutes coming back every so often to ask me questions. She asked why my balance was so high on the card I wanted to transfer from and I told her it was Christmas time but it was my intention to pay the balance off in the next 2-3 days. She came back and said the denial reason was being changed because I made too many fast purchases and didn't seem to care that I would be paying it off in the next couple of days. One of my credit unions transferred it with no issues and I will be doing at the most $1,000 per month of business with Chase this month compared to the $8,000 this month I had planned on doing.

On October 11th, I purchased a scooter from Blitz Moped in the amount of $3300. Neal ** of Blitz delivered the bike to me the evening of the 19th. As he removed the bike from his truck he mentioned it was making a noise when he test drove it. But since the bike had a 2 year warranty, to drive it and see if it would work itself out and to call him if it did not. He was not gone 20 minutes and I notice a cable dangling from below the bike. I snapped a photo and sent him a text asking him if this was supposed to be hanging like this. He never responded, so I pushed the cable up inside the bike with my hand hoping it went where it was supposed to go.

The same evening I notice the bike making a terrible rattling noise. I took a video and sent it to him and his reply was "get some electrical tape and tape it up to muffle the noise". I decided to call him the following day (Thursday, October 20th) and he begins insulting me and telling me to "just drive the damn thing 200-300 miles before I call him". He says that I am seeking perfection and I am not going to get perfection from a plastic scooter. The following Saturday, October 22nd, we contact Neal ** again and this time he begins to threaten us with saying that he is an ex-marine and does not take any "**" - we are in disbelief as to how we are being treated from a merchant who seemed so nice prior to the sale.

On Monday, October 24th, I decide to contact Chase and tell them what is transpiring with this merchant. Chase recommends that I have the bike delivered back to the merchant. October 27th, I contact a professional motorcycle towing company and pay them $185 to have my bike delivered back to Blitz so that Chase can apply a chargeback. The merchant, Neal **, went ballistic and threatened to slash the motorcycle towing company's tires who were hired to deliver back the bikes. The same day, I receive a scathing email from this merchant saying that he now has my bike and will be charging me $40 a day storage fees, plus additional fees and will not release the merchandise until it is picked up in person with all fees paid, and also threatens to put the bike in the city pound.

A professional business owner very well could have chosen to look at the bike now that he had it back in his possession, but instead decides to be bully and hold my bike for ransom after he received Chases back charges. After the merchant has his bike back, he continues to send me threatening emails. I continued to send Chase every email he had sent to keep them informed that he was holding the merchandise for ransom. At this point I did not care, since my money was refunded back to my card during the dispute. After Chase asks me to return the bike to the merchant - they then send me a letter informing me that they now need a 2nd opinion letter on the merchandise in order to continue the dispute. I explain to Chase that the merchant has chosen to be ugly and will not release the bike for a second opinion. I remind them that the bike was sent back because Chase asked me to send it back to the merchant.

Although, Chase was well aware that the merchant was not going to work with me; because I could not get a 2nd opinion letter for obvious reasons, Chase reverses the charges of $3300 back to my card!!! So now the merchant has my bike and I am out $3300 for merchandise I do not have. I am at a total loss and find it very difficult that Chase cannot see the position that they placed me in when they asked me to return the bike. They expect me to pay for something I do not even have. I refuse to pay for merchandise that I do not have. Someone at Chase made a big mistake and the consumer is left to deal with it. In summary, the bike was never registered in my name, I have no title, I don't even have a signed contract from this merchant. And Chase knows all this. I merely have a sales slip for my purchase in the amount of $3300.

After doing additional background research on this dealer, I learn he is a convicted felon. No surprise thereafter he threatened to slash the tires of the towing company. Chase Bank should have told me initially that a 2nd opinion letter was needed before they told me to return the bike. Not ask me for one after the bike left my possession. I feel that Chase either needs to refund my $3300, or they need to go and get my bike back from the merchant. They do not have the consumer's back. This is for certain.

I was given a Chase bank (AMAZON) card through the chase bank. I would purchase books, gave an extra card to my twins to use for coffee, and books, then I paid it completely. They even sent me a 14.95 cents in the mail that was some extra amount of dollars. I called the 1888-247-4080, and was told that this card is not under my social security number. It does not show that I have owned this card at all. What does that mean? Was an identity theft involved? Did somebody order this card for me? It was through my chase bank account, I don't understand, and I am kind of nervous about the security involved in this? Not sure what to do? She asked me to take it to the nearest Chase bank and they will investigate.

Let me disabuse anyone of the illusion that the Chase Sapphire Reserve card is worth getting. If you have American Express card like I do also, keep it and don't cross over. The benefits ARE NOT worth the headache customer service will at some point cause you. Empathy has to be one of the most effective steps to conflict resolution. Agree? A step I learned that Chase Sapphire Reserve customer servicing reps seriously lack considering the $450 one pays. Even up to their executive office which sends a clear picture, they have a good vision but improper execution and the wrong people in place.

I had an issue with a merchant booked through Chase travel service. I reached out for guidance and was basically patronized by an argumentative rep and left to feel like I own a card with servicing reps who are bold to inform you they do not care about your concerns, and they are only concerned about business with the merchant. That's a problem. Empathy doesn't require sides and it doesn't say you necessarily agree with the card member but it doesn't make a card member feel non-valued. Who wants to pay for something and feel like they are not of value. The experience was as if I wasn't even a customer. I was hung up on by a rep who said I wasn't being professional because I addressed her behavior and the way she was handling the call. I didn't even use profanity. The executive team reviewed the call and had the gall to say there was no coaching opportunity for their rep, who patronized me and failed to empathize at least and that it was me.

Obviously card members are not always calling in overjoyed. Many times it's because of a problem and it is the expectation that the servicing "professional" would handle your concern with care and work to de-escalate instead of acting like you're the one on the clock. That was the final draw for me that none of them get it. When I reached out to the executive team, I told them that my main concern was the lack of empathy however the exec rep came back with the same messaging the rep did and patronized me also. Was even a bit demeaning. I assure you, after doing business for over 10 years with American Express, getting any Chase product and having to deal with their customer service is not worth it.

I am a home builder, all Bank accounts are Chase Premium Plus with high balances - six figures, one of the features is a high balance Freedom Credit Card. Beginning on Nov 26th 2016 and today Dec 29. 2016 Chase Card Processing has decline purchases with Vendors causing purchases to be cancelled. I then am forced to call Chase Customer Service to have my Account Cleared and then reorder and enter all info repeatedly. Multiple problems arise because Vendors within their systems then flag my accounts Credit Worthiness, increased time, impacting Vendor Discounts, delayed construction supplies.

Never had a Security Issue, Late Payments, Overdraw, or other Red Flag with Chase or any Vendor, my Credit Score is 831. I am shopping for a better Bank and Credit Card. Nothing within the Chase protocol would protect me from theft. Way too many businesses are treating the consumer as a criminal that the business needs to protect itself from.

I have had a chase Marriott reward card for about 3 yrs and it was time to receive my new card and was sent a new card in the mail. I ask customer service about the 80,000 points that was being offered with the renewal card. I was told that I need to close this account and reapply for a new card. This was the only way to get the points after having the card for 24 months. So I closed my account and then reapplied online, feeling there would be no issue since my credit score with the card was showing a excellent credit score.

After 3 weeks I called Chase and asked about my renewal card and I was told that it was denied because I had a balance. I was never told that it had to be paid off or that could have been accomplished before now or I could have just kept the renewal card. Now they want me to reapply, but that hurts my credit for them to continuously run my credit. So I told them that I will close my other account also, since I was given false info and I will just stay my other cards and not use them again.

Recently I applied for a new credit card with three Banks. Chase, US Bank, and Barclays Bank. Credit cards were approved and delivered from US Bank and Barclays Bank but denied by Chase. Reason was given "too many credit cards opened in last two years". I called Chase and spoke to Alisa in new account at 888 609 7805 and then to Allen in Resolution dept at 800 453 9719. Note that all banks use same credit report. I have good history with Chase Bank in the past. I have also cancelled 12 credit cards in last year. I mentioned these two facts to Chase but they still denied. They refused to look at the facts I had provided them.

Both Alisa and Allen refused to send me in writing that they have declined in spite of the facts that I mentioned to them. They kept insisting on the computer's decision and ignoring how other two banks handled my application with same credit report. I consider Chase to be biased and not doing their job properly and professionally. I would advise everyone who reads this message not to deal with Chase.

I had to open a dispute with Chase regarding a near extortion from an insurance company charge on my Amazon Chase card! The worst experience I have had in having a dispute open for resolution! I was assured Dec 19th that my case was closed and resolved to my benefit. The following day I discovered the charge was applied to my balance! Awful service from a Chase supervisor (I wonder if that was really a supervisor!). I mentioned Chase never notified me by letter or e-mail (DISPUTE OPENED NOV 3rd 2016). I spoke Dec 19th to an extremely rude and nearly hostile Chase rep. Dec 19th, I was contacted by Chase. I did not contact them! I was so upset. I did mention to close the dispute to end my unpleasant conversation! I called back soon after. Was told everything was fine. The case was decided in my favor!

According to this Chase supervisor (Possible but not likely!). She mentioned that Chase does not update disputes for the status of customers! You will never know how your dispute will resolve unless Chase contacts you whenever they choose! I still will use my Amazon Chase credit card only for Amazon purchases (I will try to refrain from my regular shopping on Amazon). I am still deciding on another credit card offer to appear in my mail for usage. Chase reflects terrible customer service and aggravation! Bigger is not always better does not reflect the true reputation of credit card company and bank as Chase!

I was very happy using the Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa card until I used it to pay off my hotel bill overseas, in Abu Dhabi. I was shocked at the exchange rate Chase used to convert AED to USD. They used a rate that was preposterous. At normal prevailing exchange rates AED 1,000 would convert to USD 272.48 @ 3.67. Chase is converting AED 1,000 to USD 333.33.

Spoke to the supervisor, Stacy, on their toll-free number and she claimed they are using the NY exchange rates. She didn't say it in words but it was inferred that I could cancel the card if I was unhappy with their exchange rates. Exactly what I am going to do as soon as I get state-side. So, for all the perks they are offering Visa cardholders are being gouged in the exchange rate. Have not had this problem with other Visa and Mastercards that I hold and use wherever I travel. My warning to Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders is to be watchful about their dishonesty.

I purchased cruise tickets using my Chase card because of the built in travel insurance. After we boarded the ship, we discovered that the itinerary had been changed. Instead of traveling to the Bahamas, the ship was going to Haiti, to which I did not want to go. I called Chase and asked whether I could cancel the trip and get reimbursed for the cost of the cruise using the Chase travel insurance. The Chase representative said yes, so I left the ship.

When I filed a travel insurance claim, it was denied. The reason it was denied was because the cruise line offered me "something of value", so they don't have to pay the claim. Only if the cruise was canceled would the travel insurance pay. Since Chase told me they would pay before I canceled, and I took action on their information, I believe they are obligated to make some sort of payment. This isn't right.

I recently got offered a Chase Freedom Unlimited card and thought there were plenty of perks with having a card that had a 0% introductory rate for 15-months. I wanted to take advantage of the 0% APR balance transfer on the card and use it to pay a balance on my Discovery card. I called Chase's Credit Card Dept on December 02, 2016 to process the balance - giving them my Discover Credit Card number and security code. I was told balance transfers take approximately 5-8 business days to process and that it would be done by wire. I honestly thought had a great experience with the customer support rep however, that was when my nightmare began.

On Dec 11, I called Chase to inquire about my account balance. I had been monitoring my account for several days and the balance had continued to show as pending. I got ahold of a Credit Card Customer Rep to ask about the pending status. She told me that I had to confirm security again in order fully process and send out the payment, which will post take another 2-3 days to post. I wasn't aware that I had to confirm security again, as the first rep from Dec 2nd had told me that the process had already been completed. However, I was told that because the card was new, I had to confirm security again in order to process the payment. So I did what the lady told me and I continued to monitor my account.

Today on December 12, I found out the balance transfer had posted on my Chase account but I could not see the amount being credited to my Discover card account. I made a call to Discover to confirm the payment however I was told nothing arrived in the account. I called Chase to follow up and I got a gentleman who told me that balance transfers usually post on the same day. When I explained to him my situation, he did some checking and told me the bank had sent out a check that would take 18-21 days to reach Discover. I told him that I wasn't aware that it would be mailed out as a check and that the rep on Dec 2 had told me that it would be by wire. The guy told me that as he was not the one to take my call then, he didn't know what was said. He told me to just wait as it was being sent out by check.

By this time, I was getting a little frustrated as I felt I was being told different information by several different people of the same company (CHASE). I did the balance transfer because I had hoped that it would reach my Discover account prior to my payment due date. I then decided to call Discover again just to inquire about the usual time it takes for checks to arrive as well as to inquire about the payment methods usually associated with balance transfers (wire vs checks).

After getting off the phone with Discover, I wanted to analyze my Chase account again because I had a nagging feeling that something had gone wrong. I even took out my Discover card to compare the card number with the statement on my Chase account to make sure the balance transfer had been done correctly. I noticed there was a discrepancy in one number in the statement so I called Chase again. I got ahold of a man with an Indian accent and I asked him to confirm the Discover card account number that I had given them. Apparently, they had made the check out to the wrong card number and for them to reverse this process, the check had to reach Discover (18-21 days) and then re-mailed back to Chase (18-21 days) in order for them to reprocess my transfer.

I asked him to help me cancel the check because I did not want Discover to accidentally process it for someone else but he said he couldn't do it. He also added that usually when "customers" gave them the wrong information they have to wait it out for the check to bounce back from the secondary company before they can re-process it.

By this time I was angry and extremely frustrated because during this entire process I had spoken to 4 Chase Representatives and none of them could help and neither did they find out about the mistake until I pointed it out to them. They also did not step up to take responsibility or apologize for the troubles it had caused me. I ended up having to call Discover a 3rd time tonight as well to clear up the situation. A lady in the Billings Department was kind enough to listen to my story and she even made a note in her system to monitor for that incoming balance check and seeing if they can process that check and have it credit to my account.

This whole fiasco caused me to spend over 1.5 hours on the phone calling back and forth between two financial institutions and at the end of the night it was Discover that ended up reassuring me that my money was gonna get to them safely. The Chase representatives were neither reassuring nor helpful. It was more of them shirking off the responsibility of taking care of my issue because they weren't the one to process it in the beginning. I have been a Chase customer for more than 5 years now and this experience really makes me want to reevaluate switching banks and putting my savings in an institution that values their customers.

I had banked at Chase (WAMU prior) for over 10 years. Had no complaints on Chase until the past 2 years. Got so bad I left the bank, they had a breach of security that affected my account and info so that was all I needed to hear. Now my Chase Freedom card has become a real pain. The online system and the 800 number call center people would not update my email proper account, I'd input/request it and the following month I wouldn't get statement notifications or reminders, only to learn that their 'dual system' would default my emails to my previous work email (which I lost access to when I changed employment). I called when I was first made aware via a collections call, explained this right away the rep at Chase and asked for help. She removed all the late fees, assured me I would not have issues with my FICO, it would not show up as derogatory.

Then I refi my mortgage and sure enough it shows up as a 30 day late on my credit report and I take a 100 point hit in my credit score. Chase Freedom is a joke of a card. Get a Discover or any other card but this one. I have never had these issues, have perfect credit, mortgage, car note, etc... always pay on-time and thanks to a system glitch on Chase's end and a dishonest call center rep, they denied to remove the late payment on my credit report. They lied to me, treated me like I was being dishonest even though they record all calls (which I asked them to review). Chase is a typical big bank and their credit card division is no better.

My company spends over $2m annually with Chase credit cards and uses the points to fund travel for business trips. I just noticed what a ripoff the airline program is on their site. I booked 4 tickets to New Zealand at a cost of $3,300 each and assumed that this was the best option. When I went to the United Airlines site the tickets were only $1,400 each and there were a lot more options. When I asked Chase how they could mark up tickets by $1,900 each they said that they have no control over ticket prices. The moral of the story is that the Rapid Rewards program is not cost competitive on air travel and what we are all being sold is a bunch of baloney. I recommend all users do their own homework because the rewards benefit they sell you on is window dressing and just not honest.

They do not care about their customers at all. For a $10 miss payment after not receiving a bill they reported me late to the credit bureau after over 10 years with them no late payments. Not one phone call or obviously I would've just paid $10. All my other credit cards are much easier to deal with and lower interest rate so I'm just gonna start canceling all Chase cards and not deal with them anymore. Everyone I spoke to today at Chase was horrible.

I made a reservation in NYC with my Chase Sapphire points. I was traveling 4th of July weekend 2016. The east coast experienced rain and thunderstorms that caused massive airline delays throughout the region and my flight was cancelled until the next day. I immediately notified Chase of the cancellation due to an act of god and the agent was well aware of the situation as they were having tons of cancellations. 5 months later still no resolution after numerous calls. Each call has a 45 minute wait minimum! The last guy I spoke to finally told me the hotel had not agreed to credit my account but I could contact the insurance program the card had built in and file a claim. The insurance told me I had 20 days from the problem to file a claim! 5 months later I'm told about this so now I'm too late to file a claim. Sounds like a gimmick. Unbelievable! Horrible service for a "Premium" card. I will stick to AMEX for service. Unbeatable. Chase is a joke.

I was trying to download all transaction for the year and I can NOT do this. I really do NOT like their website. It is really lacking and confusing too many menus in so many different places. And not being able to download my transaction for the year is ridiculous. I would have to download PDF statements for every months and reconstruct in excel. Just RIDICULOUS. They also have no help. Most my other credit card you can contact someone via chat, email and even phone. I really should have read reviews on these guys before I get a card from them.

I opened a business account with my ex-husband linking to our business checking account in 2012. There has never been any activity on the account. I got a divorce and sold the businesses in Oct 2015. My ex used the card as an overdraft protection in March 2016. I do not have access to the accounts whatsoever. Of course me not knowing these charges were made and not receiving any statements, the account went delinquent. My credit score dropped a 100 points in a month. When I realized what was going on, I contacted Chase and they will not do anything to help me. I made disputes with the credit bureaus and Chase still did not grant my requests.

Yes I understand the account is linked to my social security number. But, the charges were made thru the business I sold and do not even have access to. Why should my credit be corrupted by charges I didn't even make. I am never late on any payments. I don't think I should have to be responsible for this. Not to mention they never sent any letters saying I was delinquent or my credit would be affected. I really feel like Chase does not have any compassion for humans. This is affecting my life. And I didn't do anything wrong.

Applied for a Southwest Airlines credit card with Chase offering 50k bonus points after spending $2k in the first 90 days. Chase agreement said, "Wait 90 day after spending for points to be added to your account. After waiting the 90 days I called to see where my points were. I was told I was changed to a different promotion. I was also told I could not be changed back to the agreement I signed up for since it was past 90 day. Chase puts two offers on the website giving the lesser value. I have tried numerous times to call and email Chase however no one will speak to me. I'm told to send an email. And they refuse to reverse my promotion. I have read on several sites this has happened to several people. I look at this as a bait and switch or a scam. Watch your statements and be sure to keep all info Chase sends to you.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards