Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (599 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statemen...

Verified

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to...

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: June 1, 2022

I ordered an Apple computer (laptop) that was placed on back order. In the meantime I received 2 accessories for the laptop and both items were charged to my CHASE credit card. When my laptop was ready to ship, several weeks later, CHASE flagged the charge as potential fraud and rejected the charge. I called CHASE, provided all requested personal information and asked them to approve the charge. CHASE refused and told me that I would have to re-order the laptop. Now I have to wait even longer to get my laptop which I need for work. What is suspicious about someone ordering a laptop, especially after receiving laptop accessories?

Original review: May 27, 2022

Chase likes to send ads to my inbox like they did for the Marriot Bonvoy Credit Card. A recent ad informed me that I would receive a $250 e-gift card sent directly to my inbox upon my application and approval for the card. So I went to their website. I applied. I was approved. I received no gift card. After three emails with customer service I was told that I was not eligible for the bonus. I complained to the BBB. Chase called back and said I was not eligible for the bonus because I did not apply through the link in my email and had instead gone straight to their website. Rather than admit that this was a deceptive practice and that my action of going to their site was reasonable, they refused to provide the e-gift card. Clearly this company is all in on deceptive advertising and cares little for their customer.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Chase has a policy of holding your payment for up to one week without giving you credit on your credit card account. This has happened to me several times on my Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa account. I have had this card for several years and have always paid off the balance in full and on time. I have never been delinquent and sometimes make a payment twice a month and always the full balance. This past week it was a real problem because it left me in the lurch because of some large charges. I make payments online, and always thru the Chase website. The money is withdrawn from my bank almost instantly. They have the money in their account. Period.

They never gave me a reason WHY they do this. After all they HAVE the money, there is no check to bounce. I'll tell you the Real reason they do this. They have one week of free float of the customer's money. This adds up to hundreds of millions of dollars of free cash that they do not have to pay interest on. This is not legal in most countries. When credit card companies receive payment they must credit the customer's account immediately. But Chase is another big bad bank and they can get away with it in the U.S. I am petitioning Southwest Airlines to find another bank for their Rapid Rewards program. One that is not greedy and fraudulent. I love Southwest Airlines and the Rapid Rewards program, and fly on Southwest twice a month on both business and pleasure.

Matthew, Denver, CO.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Chase Credit Card touts that it offers consumer protection...IT DOES NOT! I was going through my statements and noticed that I was double charged for $209.45 at the same time from some place in Spain. I contacted Chase and said that I did not recognize why there would be double charges and that I was unable to contact the vendor. They sent me to their fraud department. After speaking to them Chase refunded me both $209.45 transitions. Then months later Chase declined my dispute, claiming that I called it fraud and I had to file it a dispute. I tried three different times to get transferred to someone to file a dispute of these charges, only to be kept on hold for over 30 minutes till I just hung up.

I finally got through to someone, only for them to tell me that it is too late to file a dispute; that the time limit has run out. I contacted Chase in a timely manner to bring this issue to them. They delayed it. Only after writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau did someone from Chase contact me. After asking them what could possibly be reason my card was charged twice, at the same place, and for the same amount within minutes of each; also, where was a copy of the two signed receipts, they just gave me the run around and said that they would simply not help and I was responsible for the double charge. Chase never had any intention of helping. Their claims of consumer protection are obviously fake.

Original review: May 1, 2022

No fraud protection. Chase always takes the merchant side, meaning if you never got your product and the merchant says they shipped it, you're out of luck. Take your business anywhere else and save yourself the heartache.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Signed up for Chase's 100K bonus offer on the Southwest cards-choose the priority one, was approved. I recently went to sign up for my companion pass I thought I'd earned after following the directions, and the points were never added to my account. I contacted Chase, the representative told me sometimes the sign up links for one offer redirect to another offer and I had only signed up for the 40K bonus offer (during the time period the 100K was available). I spent a lot of money on the Southwest card in effort to earn the companion pass, and come to find out that won't be happening.

The infuriating part is I spoke to the representative and Ron the supervisor, who say they just can't offer it anymore. Pretty upset as I was planning on flying with my family a good amount this next year and a half, I guess we'll be looking into other airlines as the card does not get you much if you don't get the sign on bonus. Disappointed in their customer service and will definitely not be signing up for another card with them anytime soon.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I have experienced the worst customer service from Chase. I love my Southwest Airlines credit card but sadly will not being business with Chase moving forward. Trying to dispute a purchase I placed to be shipped. Product was not signed for or received. Chase is siding with the vendor, even though I have provided all supporting docs to prove otherwise. Can’t get anyone on from Chase disputing team or customer support that cares.

Original review: March 11, 2022

This is the only bank/credit card I have been denied for (twice) for credit limit increase while my credit score is been always very good. I have 9 credit cards from different banks and ONLY CHASE pulls hard inquiry for credit limit increase with 90% denial rate overall. Never will use again and only reason I’m keeping it open is because it’s one of my oldest accounts. Closing it will hurt my score even if they already ruined it twice with 2 hard pulls, 2 denials. I despise this bank so much. When you call the customer service, it’s always some Indian guys who has no idea of what they talking about.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I was told when I signed up for my Chase checking account a couple months ago that I was already pre-approved for 2 of their credit cards. I applied for one, they called me a week later but I missed the call. Little did I know this was the one and only time anyone would attempt to resolve this issue with me. Next I see an email saying they tried to reach me, and to call them back. Now I have been trying to reach this mysterious department of Chase Bank for the past 10 days. Every day I call I get shuffled around by various robot message boards and call center employees. I think I finally found the right number, but every day it's at least an hour wait.

This morning, infuriatingly, I woke up at 6 AM to try and beat the wait times and was told I only had a 5 minute wait! It's now been 45 minutes. All this to sign up for a credit card I had been "pre-approved" for. I've had 5 different credit cards in the past, have a very good credit score and have never had to deal with anything remotely like this. I will never, ever, under any circumstances open another account of any kind with this company.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I've been with them for 20 years. I had only two payments that lapsed into the grace period one or two days because I cancelled the debit card tied to the auto draft payment, and forgot to follow up with the new info for the draft for a couple months (but DID put it back on auto pay.) Credit rating of 742, card balance under 50%. Like I say, no payments went over 30 days or anywhere close to it. They knocked my credit limit down over $3000 for nothing. They just wish all customers had my payment history, but they knock a long time customer credit limit down for being on autopay and sticking with them. Can't imagine what they're doing to the hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who aren't able to pay their credit card at all. I just had my last day yesterday at my career that I've had since 1987 - I wouldn't be retiring if my finances were bad!

Chase Credit Cards Company Information