Chase Credit Cards

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have credit cards with Chase. Got them both around the same time. I haven't been late or over the credit line for over 10 years on ANY of my credit cards, yet one Chase credit card has a purchase APR that's 10% higher than the other. When I asked why they said "check your credit report... It's based on your credit report." Well, my credit report is the same for both cards! I hate peoples who say stupid stuff and can't think critically! Goodbye Chase!

Been a Chase customer for 10+ years. My wife and I have a Chase SLATE credit card, which we use frequently and pay off on a regular basis. We have no issues with it. 2 months ago, I opened up this Freedom card, have been using it, and paying it down each month. Over the weekend, I tried to make a transaction and was declined. The credit limit is only $1,500 and I maybe had $300 on the balance (was only trying to purchase something about $150). After a weekend of horrible customer service by Chase, I was continuously told to call the "Fraud Department" on Monday (as they are conveniently not open on the weekends). Upon calling them Monday morning, I was told my account was put under review and they are determining if "I should still use the card."

Mind you, my other card has a 14K limit. This one is only $1,500. And yet, they have to determine if I should still use the card. Hmmm... Seems like if you make purchases and pay it down, they don't like that. They'd rather you max out and make minimal monthly payments. I can't have my credit card being put on an arbitrary freeze by Chase, at any time they "feel" like it. When this is resolved I am closing this card down and going somewhere else.

I called customer service to ask why my Apr was 29.99 for purchases which is the same for cash advantages. They couldn't tell me at first, then a "supervisor" came to the phone just to tell me that Thebes's Apr of 29.99 for purchases was a penalty in 2008 for being late with a payment. Now, my question was, "we are in 2017, and you have been penalizing me for almost 9 years?" His answer was "once you get penalize with a high interest, that rate NEVER goes back to a lower rate." I was so upset that a company that said that they value my business with them for 12 years can penalize me for almost 10. They are plain thieves. So I decided to close that account even though that action will affect my credit score. I will NEVER bank with them and I'll never do business with them EVER again.

I've had a Chase United CC for a VERY long time only to discover that they have been charging me a $35 late fee every month that I've paid them on the due date. The catch? Paid it on line after 8pm EST. Are you kidding me? They did remove two months of late fees, but refused to go back any further even though the payments were made on the due date. A complete scam. You apparently can "phone" in up to midnight on the due date, but better set your calendar reminder to pull off the road at high speeds to keep Chase Bank happy. United has gone down hill as an airline & Chase can swim down the same river. I'll never do any business with Chase Bank.

I stayed one night (06/27/2017) on business trip in Holiday Inn at Newark Airport. The room was prepaid by the booking agent. A few days ago, I found there is a charge for that night on my credit card. I called the hotel, who said they did NOT charge my credit. It was only a hold that should be lifted in a few days. The Chase dispute team never responded to my messages and disputes (actually they erased my initial dispute and ignored later ones, despite my requesting them to respond many times).

In the end, when I had to call them on 07/21/2017, they were rather rude to me over the phone. Instead of making a simple phone to the merchant, they keep asking me to "prove" I was not charged. It is like they could put what ever charge in your credit statement and the burden of evidence is on you. And even when both me the merchant deny the transaction (with a statement from the hotel), they still want some further "prove." It seems to me that this is not even a dispute, but simply a mistake between the merchant and the credit, for which I could do little about but the credit company could easily solve by contacting the merchant. But they just do not want to show the least respect to their loyal customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Booked two nights at Embassy Suites in Alexandria, VA using points. Mattresses in room are horrible (have VM from manager agreeing). Hotel refuses to move us, even though they have a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. Call Sapphire, assuming they'll have my back. Big surprise: they're going refund me $35.00. Wow! Our biz spends $20k a month with Chase. Cancelled card.

I had my Chase Credit Card for three years and used it for Almost Everything. I attempted to make a purchase for something from Home Depot over the phone because it was the last one they had in stock and due to the price of almost $800, the store wouldn't just hold the item. Attempting to purchase the item over the phone, somehow triggered my account to "flagged" by the Fraud Department and suspended.

I called the 800 number customer service line to speak with someone about getting my account "unlocked" since it wasn't fraud. I spoke to this representative who told me he was a Fraud Department Supervisor, he asked my 3 short questions concerning where I had lived and worked and I answered his questions and his response was simply, "Your answers don't match our records so I'm sorry I can't unlock your account, is there Anything else I can do?" I asked how I could get the account unlocked since my questions didn't match, he told me if I called from my home phone they could verify the number. I told him my cell number was on my account but he told me since it was a cell then anyone could call using my cell.

I couldn't believe that a company that I had used for three years had such horrible customer service. When I arrived home I contacted Chase again and was able to get my account unlocked, I sent several emails asking about my experience and what steps could be done to prevent this from happening again. I was planning to travel to Europe and the thought of being "Stranded" in a foreign country with a Credit Card Company whose Fraud Department doesn't care if you’re stranded or not bothered me. I sent several emails and received automated replies stating they would get back with me but no one ever did so I had No Choice but to Cancel my Chase Credit Card and take my business somewhere else.

After my account had been closed, I finally received an email asking why I closed my account... I replied stating that No One wanted to reply to my email. It seems Chase is Only concerned when you actually leave versus doing something about the Issue when you’re still a customer. I wouldn't recommend Chase to anyone and continue to share my poor experience with friends and family to keep them from being disappointed by Chase like I was!

I applied, and was accepted, for a Chase rewards card with zero foreign transaction fees and a 60,000 point bonus if I spent $2000 over the first two months. I received a card with 3% foreign transaction fees and no bonus. I would really like the deal I signed up for. Unfortunately, I had to immediately cancel the card. I hope it didn't nick my credit rating and make it more difficult to get the card I need. By the way, it was a Southwest Airlines card.

I have 2 Chase credit cards, one of which I use regularly. My daughter has a card of her own on this account for her to use in an emergency while away at college. While visiting her and taking her shopping, the card was declined. I had to pay with my debit card which made an issue with my checking account. Upon calling Chase, while still in the parking lot, they informed me that my card was flagged for security issues because I was traveling. We reside less than 100 miles from my daughters school and that is not traveling to me. The CSR was snotty and stated, "We sent you a text message and if you would have responded to the text you could have rerun the charge and it would be accepted". Who in hell reads their text messages while standing in a check out line?!

Last week I was in NYC and used my card for a large purchase. It was declined. I checked my text messages and responded and the charge was approved when rerun. After that point all of my other charges were also declined. My daughter could not get an Uber and all of my regular recurrent monthly charges were declined such as my life insurance and my gym memberships. Why decline charges you have a history of approving FOR YEARS!?!

I called Chase again and talked to a less snotty CSR who explained that since I have 0 liability fraud protection they have take these measures "to protect the account". I understand their position but this level of security makes this account unreliable and undependable. Even though I have been a victim of identity theft I do not feel this level of paranoia is justified. Regardless, it is unacceptable to me if I can not rely on the card to function as well as every other card I have currently or in the past.

We have been Chase customers since about 2000 (formerly WaMu). We have 6 bank accounts, 4 credit cards and have financed 2 cars with Chase. EVERY time we pay off our debt in full, Chase reduces the credit card lines. WITHOUT notice. Zero calls or letters. We just paid off debt again and they decreased my husband's credit card line. AGAIN!! They claim they didn't like what was on our credit reports. And when the specialist looked into it further, she stated she couldn't find any reason specifically why they were reduced. Come to find out, they ONLY review credit reports when you pay off your debt with a higher than normal amount. This is called Chasing the Money. As long as you have a high balance, make your monthly and don't complain. They will leave you alone for years.

Furthermore, my husband only has 2 cards with balances on the credit report. And he earns a extremely fair wage in which the lender decided over the phone that she just didn't like our spending pattern at this time. Hmm. Money in the bank and zero balances on every other credit line we have. Yep this is a bad spending pattern to me! This is why his limit was reduced and furthermore, would not be reinstated. We have a great credit score, pay monthly on-time EVERY time. Never late, and pays more than the minimum. For almost twenty years we have been these kinds of customers. And they are not concerned at all that we are now pulling all 6 bank accounts and credit cards as they have decided to not restore his already earned limit. DO NOT APPLY for credit with CHASE Bank. THEY ARE NOT GOOD BANKERS. PLEASE take your money elsewhere. I would give them zero stars if I could.

I applied for a business credit card with Chase in March, submitted all the information and documents required. The business credit card was approved and my husband and I received our cards. He is the primary. We activated the cards. Chase approved us for $3,000 credit, which is very low, but that's ok. We wanted to take advantage of the introductory offer, spend $3,000 in the first 3 months and receive $300 cash back, so we went to Best Buy and purchased a laptop and printer. We used my Chase Ink Business Cash card and it was declined. We called the number in the back and were connected to a rep in India who could not really tell us what was going on. He asked to speak with my husband who was the primary on the account. He asked him some security questions and he was not satisfied with all the answers, he kept stating something about a hotmail email account, my husband has never had a hotmail account, nor I.

My husband authorized me to speak on his behalf and I asked him why the card was denied, he said "the card was brand new." To which I said, "and what is the problem?" He said we should wait for a call back and if they fix the problem I could use it. We waited at Best Buy for an hour. Our toddler and baby soiled themselves, because we were there so long. Finally we decided to open an account with Best Buy and pay for the items. We were approved on the spot for $6k credit. We never received a call back from Chase. We've since called Chase 5-6 times. It's apparently under review with a senior specialist. My husband who is the primary on the account called in last Friday and authorized me to speak for him on all accounts for this credit card. I called on Monday and still they had nothing to report but that they would give us a call back in the next 72 hours, well it's Friday and I call in again.

My husband works long hours and can't be on the phone. Now I speak with someone in India. I ask they transfer me to someone in the USA, they instead transfer me twice to reps in the Philippines. I am frustrated and just end up speaking with Laura **. I am put on hold for over 10 minutes, and she finally said that she is trying to get into the account but needs to speak with the authorized officer. I told her to read the notes from last Friday, I am authorized. She said, "that authorization was only for that day." I am beyond irate now. I called on Monday and that was not the case. It's been a month now and we still have no clue what is going on with our Chase Ink Business Cash account. We could have gone with any bank out there but we chose Chase...never again!!! They have no clue why the account is under review.

When my Chase Sapphire card expired, a new one was sent to me. It was upgraded to a Chase Sapphire Preferred card... Which came with a 95% annual fee.

I have been in email with them for over a month fighting this. I was told that I could move my account over to a regular Chase Sapphire card but would still have to pay the annual fee. BAIT AND SWITCH. I am dumping all Chase cards.

I applied for a Chase (Marriott Rewards) card and was declined. I requested a review since I was declined because I have opened too many cards in the last two years (2 cards). Even though the cards do not have balances (or have been cancelled) and I have a extremely high credit score (820 out of 900), they still told me they would not give me a credit card. I have never been declined for anything in my life regarding financial stuff. This is unheard of and they did not display any customer service or flexibility. Completely mind-blowing. I will never apply for any credit card that is associated with Chase Bank again. Unbelievable. Stay far away from Chase Bank credit cards. I don't believe Chase really wants new customers with good resources. No worries, I will continue to use CitiBank and Barclays since they appreciate my business.

Paid credit card off in full my due date. Received a new bill with an interest charge. Called and was told I had to pay the interest that it is due because the due date on the bill is before the closing date. On the back of the statement it is not explained that way nor when I called before I paid it off. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit to teach this credit card company a lesson.

Today we received a text asking if a charge of $123.99 was ours. It was not. We called and apparently Chase sent 2 cards for our account to two different address, to names that were not ours, all the way across country, and they even put a 'Rush' on the order. They didn't question this. They didn't send us a text. They added two people to our account as signers, Ed ** and Lori **. Great customer service FOR CROOKS. Either Chase is very careless or this is an inside job?

I lost my wallet the morning of the 15th of June but was running to work and packing for a road trip after work. While my roommate looked for the wallet around the house I waited until after work around 6pm, when my roommate said she looked everywhere and could not find it, to start dealing with the cards. First was my debit card which I cancelled on my phone, second was my American Express where I called the card theft line I found online after a search and was laughing at the initial message asking me to enter the card number. I had pressed the stolen/missing card option and the prompt asked me for the card number? Really? Pretty stupid but I muscled through and the rep eventually asked for my SS and cancelled the card and said another was on the way.

Then I looked up Visa on Wikipedia and went to their page and clicked on their official website and then clicked on the list of phone numbers. The head scratching thing is that the list of phone numbers is a picture that you can't copy or click on for ease of use. I was also driving across the state and had to do this while focusing on the road. I searched the number online and found one that matched the lost stolen cc number on the page so trusted it as bonafide. I called the LOST AND STOLEN card number and just like American Express the initial prompt asked for the card number which made me laugh again. When the agent got to the phone she asked for the issuing bank. Issuing bank? How do I know? I have had this Visa since 1995. It has the word Visa on it. Visa is the issuer in my mind. She said that she could not help me if I did not know the issuing bank.

I offered my ss number and she said "Nope, you have to know the issuing bank or have the card number." I said that is ridiculous and she put me on hold and left me there. I called back thinking this has to be an error. The next agent told me the same thing and I asked for a supervisor. Once more, terminal hold AGAIN. The next agent hung up on me after I insisted that he start with the first bank on the list of banks and search by my name of ss number. I finally remembered the word SLATE on the card and looked that up on the phone. The name that stood out was Chase Bank. I called again; said Chase Bank and the Visa agent transferred me to the bank. I got it suddenly! Customer service on the cheap! Get the bank name from the card holder and then transfer to that bank.

I had never understood this. I have had this Visa since the nineties and to me Visa is the name of the company that issued the card and Visa is the company that I go to when there are problems. After being transferred to Chase and AGAIN choosing the lost/stolen card option the woman who answered asked me for the card number. I said how would I know the card number if it is stolen to which she replied "How do we know it is your card if you do not know the card number?". I exploded. "How stupid are you." I yelled in frustration and used some choice C words and F words. She hung up on me. I was resigned that it would have to wait until I got home the next day and look up my log on info that is saved to my computer and log on to the card site and report my card stolen. The night before I left messages to Visa, went to their Facebook page, and Twitter account and asked for help. No response.

Another big company with touching "pride" and memorial day posts but zero desire to help the owners of their card. When I finally made it back home the next day around 10am and logged in got a DIFFERENT phone number to call and called in. AGAIN I was asked for the card number and asked the rep how many people laugh at that. He said very few so I have decided that it was me that was out of step with reality. I wrote Chase through their internal feedback system on their site. The site timed out TWICE while I was writing them. Another genius infrastructure feature. I told them I will not use their card again and will remove any auto pay I have going on with their card. I have two cards. One with a zero balance and one with an 8k balance. I will pay that off and not use the card again other than emergencies and pay it off right away.

If you know any thieves tell them to steal Visa cards. By the time the card is FINALLY reported as missing a thief can make off with tons of purchases. Visa is now a joke in my eyes even if they insist that Chase is the real villain here. Chase is not off the hook because of the behavior of their agent who insisted I provide a MISSING credit card number. What a joke!!!

I pay $95 annual membership instead of a FREE cc to use their benefits such as protection with purchases. I have been w/ Chase for over 20 years and NEVER filed a lost/theft report. The 1x I did after almost 3 weeks, it's declined! Re: Claim #**. I called Chase Card Benefits that my kid's phone was stolen. She said to file a claim online which I did on June 4, 2017. On June 6, 2017, all I received from Chase was that I needed itemized sales receipted indicating the purchase of the price I am claiming.

A police report was not requested till June 8. When I received this email, I emailed back and called if we need to file a police report. Due to system error, Chase needs to call me back. I didn't receive an email re. this police report or a call till June 12, 2017. Chase is quite slow in processing this and many days have lapsed. Also there was NO PROMPTS or mentioning in the claims online that a police report is needed!

Additionally the rep, Megan called me on 9th of June requesting a police report. I told her and I have emailed you guys I can go and obtain a police report. She said, she needs to speak to someone or she needs to check something out. On June 13th, she called stating the claim is denied because a police report was not in place. Why wasn't I requested a police report in this email on June 6th request?

I have been with Chase when I was 16 years old. For 16 years, I paid an annual fee! If you look at my histories, I have purchased many expensive items! I do NOT have histories of filing lost or theft items at all. This is my FIRST item that is lost and this is how Chase treats me! I feel Chase is trying to avoid paying this claim. I am a good cardholder, I pay my bills on time, etc. I am not very happy. What's the point in paying $95 annual membership for? I paid this fee to have a sense of security when my item purchased is damaged and lost. If I was told in the beginning or when I file this claim that a police report needs to be popped up then I would have filed a police report.

I have been a Chase Sapphire Reserved member for over a six months. I was a happy customer till last week Chase put my credit card on hold without any prior notification or warning. I was shopping for my oversea trip and my card declined. First, I assumed it is related to their security and fraud prevention, so I paid the bill with my Amex and left. I called their customer service number and the rep after verifying my account asked me when was the last time that I used my card and I answered. Then the rep told me that my account is under review and I have to wait 10 days for them to get back to me. I was shocked to hear that because I had done nothing wrong for the account to be under review. I have always paid my account in full and on time. I asked the rep about why would the account go under review and she said she cannot answer that question and it is just random.

It seemed odd to me that she can't answer that question, so I asked if there is a department that can answer my question and she first said no, this is our policy and you have signed it. Then she said that they have to make sure that I didn't lie on my application and they have to verify that all the information I provided on my application was true. I asked how come they are doing this now after six months? Finally, after me insisting for answers she gave me a number (1-800-290-1316) to call and ask them why my account was under review. Once I called the number, the rep rudely asked me why I am calling them if I have already talked to customer service! I responded that I am trying to find out why my account is under review and how come I did not get any kind of notification that this is happening so I could prepare for it.

He replied with a harsh tone that customer service has put send the file to review and they had informed me and they have to make sure they are still comfortable giving me an unsecured line of credit. I was very surprised to hear that because the previous rep told me it was completely random! I have never felt so disrespected by anyone that I felt dealing with the Chase customer service that day! A couple of times they said that they feel sorry for me!? I didn't know what to respond to that and why they felt that way. I suggest if you are considering Chase as your credit card company, please read all the reviews online, read the contract that you are signing before committing to them. Because they are only after your money and your money only.

After informing me in writing of a PERMANENT credit on my credit card, I was then notified the credit was being reversed and there would be a debit on my account. I will avoid doing business with this company as much as I can. To get someone on the phone about this was almost impossible. I would advise people to avoid Chase credit cards altogether, and to avoid opening any bank accounts with them. I am a long time shareholder in JPM Chase, and will consider selling all of my stock in this company as a result of my experience with them.

This has not happened to me once but on multiple occasions over the years. I had opened one Chase Marriott Credit Card and they gave me a big credit line which I didn't ask for. Before, that there was a Chase Preferred which I had closed because I wasn't using it long time back. Later the year that I opened the Chase Marriott Card, I was given an offer from Citi Credit Card with good miles offered and took that option. Then next year I took the Amex Delta since I travel and I like to use the points that I get for money spent. Now they were offering Chase Southwest after 2 years that I liked and wanted to get the benefit since I have no other cards with Chase I thought I'd apply.

Many of my friends told me that once you bank with other banks, Chase will start declining your card saying "you have too many cards"?! I thought I had only one with Chase, have great credit and nothing bad on my history so I am okay. But, to my surprise, they actually declined me!! When I called to ask, the standard answer they gave me was "You have too many cards"? When asked, which cards... all they said was you have card with Citi, Amex and Barclay... So? I have great credit, no other Chase card other than the Marriott rewards which I USE. I am paying all cards on time plus those are other banks and they are not complaining so why is Chase having so much trouble with me banking with other banks??? No answer!! Instead they try to cut me off by saying - "Do you have any other questions"...

I asked you a question to which you had no answer CHASE BANK. What does Chase mean by too many cards when I have just one Chase card and a 2 others with Citi and 1 with Amex and 1 with Barclay!! They hurt your credit and give no reply for why they did what they did. Are they indirectly trying to tell the consumers to 'not bank with any other bank' if you like a Chase credit card?

Numerous times I had noticed Chase was not applying points to my purchases made through their bonus rewards portal, previously contacting them regarding this issue. Reviewing my most recent purchases (May - early June 2017) once again, no bonus points applied! Upon contacting them today I was told by the customer service rep "Mellonie in San Antonio Texas" "There is nothing we can do about it"... She proceeded to give me wrong information stating that I had made purchases in stores I had never made purchases in, insisting I was wrong when I corrected her and suggested that she had the account.

After requesting the dates of said purchases Mellonie stated they were promotional offers she was viewing not purchases I had made, trying to brush off her error and getting indignant. She continued on to insisted that I did not shop through the Chase portal for extra points when in fact I had, further stating there was nothing they could do about it. She refused to let me speak with a supervisor giving the standard response that one was not available. In closing, I told her I would wait for a supervisor to become available and she released the call.

I paid off my balance in full, per my statement, for my Chase Freedom credit card, and 4 days later they charged me interest. When I checked my bank statement, I saw that they waited to post the payment until AFTER my due date, despite Chase being my bank and electronic payments from my Chase bank account to my Chase credit card happening in the blink of an eye. By waiting to post my payment, they were able to charge me interest on the balance.

To add insult to injury, the new statement shows my previous balance, my payment in full of the balance, and the new interest charged on a zero balance. Their explanation? My payment wasn't posted until AFTER my due date... and for some reason, this is my fault. I pay on time, they delay posting it. Beware! Don't just follow what's in print - call and ask someone. Better yet, go to the bank, make your payments, and get a date and time stamped PIECE OF PAPER!!! My card has been shredded. I'll keep it open so it benefits my credit, but I'll never use it again!

I was frustrated to received a bill with $21.70 interest after paying my balance to zero 7 days before my balance was due. I was paying down bills to improve my credit score and even received a letter from Chase Amazon stating my balance was a zero. When I called the customer services line (after receiving a new bill) the representative waived $4.02 of the $21.70 but not the total. After talking to Candice in Columbus and her supervisor (Floor Lead) Josh in San Antonio they still didn't waive the fee. Not only am I frustrated after a conversation that lasted 55:45 today with no satisfaction but Josh stated he was the highest person we could talk to.

My wife asked Josh who he reports to and after a few minutes of saying no on he stated Jesse (or Jessie) but that he didn't know his bosses title or how to get in touch with them (very strange). We have been card holders for many years and paid this balance off on time only to be railroaded for additional interest. We are thoroughly disappointed with Chase and the one act of crediting the $21.70 charge would have kept two customers happy instead of disgruntled customers that have the means to share the displeasure with a lot more people. Shame on you Chase, Candice and Josh. I expect more from my employees and would I'm sure James Dimon (CEO) and the Board of Directors expect better. Thanks to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Kohl's for not doing this when we paid off the balance.

Today I disputed a charge on my PAID off card. This was the 2nd time in recent months I paid off the card and made sure there were no pending transactions and told them that there should not be any future charges to the account. I was shocked I not only had a balance but a past due balance. I was told to provide date verifying when payment method was changed on account that charged my CHASE card. They state without that they cannot dispute any charge. I spent the entire afternoon on the phone with the other company getting the runaround and different answers before finally getting confirmation that it was in fact corrected though not case noted -- they looked in the system to confirm it.

The business confirmed my payment method was successfully changed on March 24th at 9:37 AM (as verified by emails I received). Yet, (despite clarifying with CHASE and the other business that there were no pending transactions and no charges to be made on the CHASE card -- April 6th I was charged $238). April 10th I was informed by the business that no payments had been received for previous month and CHASE card was not charged (my alternate card just wasn't showing as being applied -- I was then assured it was corrected and I would be charged so much for my March and April bill). I've gotten the runaround and different answers all the time about what was paid so I can't tell if they've charged it to my alternate card as well (different amounts and confusing explanations).

Anyhow, once I did get confirmation that the payment method had been successful March 24th, I called CHASE back with details and was informed I must provide statement from alternate payment method that shows payment was made with other card (April 10 the amount due was not showing on my alternate card and should've been billed the 6th -- a much smaller amount showed. I was told by business it would be on my next billing statement and I was angry I would have so much charged at once). The point is they failed to change payment method and I now have a wrongful charge and late fees on a paid off card. Chase refuses to dispute charge. Company has admitted it made a mistake but cannot change it at this point if Chase does not dispute -- they cannot charge correct card.

I have paid off this Chase card many times and somehow old bills keep getting charged to it (and I've had new numbers so I'm really confused about why this happens). I now have to pay again to be finished with it and will cancel the card to be rid of it. This is not including the fact that another company had been charging me monthly TWICE for a service they were able to verify had in fact been cancelled and refunds were to be posted. They could not explain why it was charging twice or never was cancelled. There is no credit on my account for the many months of charges. Do not do business with CHASE PERIOD.

January 2017 I received an offer through Southwest Airlines to receive 50,000 miles if I got the Chase card and spent $2k in the first 3 months; I spent $2k in the FIRST MONTH. My first purchase was 2 airlines tickets over $700; my 2nd purchase was about $50 which they declined because they thought it was fraud on the account. My response was "Well, if you thought it was fraud, why didn't you decline the $700 initial charge?" They gave me the "well we were looking out for you" BS story.

Today was the 2nd call I made to Chase to find out why I STILL have NOT been credited my 50,000 miles after more than $2k was charged. The agent said "well we gave you 10,000 miles and credited your account $200." I told her that wasn't what I agreed to when I applied for the card. I applied because I wanted the MILEAGE. She offered to credit me 40,000 more, but I would be debited back the $200! If I had to purchase 40,000 SWA miles, it would be about 2.75 cents per mile which is about $1100. I told her to go ahead and debit me the $200. When the mileage gets credited, I will be going back to using my Capital One card since in my opinion Chase was bait and switch and borderline fraudulent! If you get a Chase card, YOU NEED TO MONITOR WHAT YOU ARE PROMISED AND WHAT YOU RECEIVE.

I paid $300 annual fee for the Chase Sapphire Reserved card and I have to dispute TWO charges of $100 with Singapore airline which I have never received the service for. They only processed as 1 dispute and Chase re-bill me for the $100. I called them, sent message and sent emails. Waiting and waiting for 4 months now and still not resolved and they still insist to re-bill me for $100 which I have never used the service. Now they told me to send letter by turtle mail. If you want to increase your annual fee to $400, just let me know but don't rip off for no reason Chase!

Last week Chase sent me a form letter saying that my "business" credit card account was missing information and if I didn't call them and give them the info they would cancel my card. I've had the card for years, and use it regularly, so what information could be "missing"? The call center person would only give me his first name and said he had no ID number. I gave him the credit card number and my name but then he also wanted date of birth. OK, I guess that's needed to confirm who I am. Then he wanted to know what county I live in. I gave him that but he didn't ask what state I was in. They send me a bill every month, so they should have my address, right? He then puts me on hold "to verify this information." What? If he can verify the county against my address, why have me call him in the first place? He could have found that out with a simple Google search.

After several minutes he comes back and asks what type of company? Is it a Proprietorship, Corporation, LLC, etc? The card has the business name and LLC printed right on the front, and it's in the billing address - so why doesn't he know it's an LLC? Next he wants to know what the limit is on the card. Like I would know that off the top of my head. I have over a dozen cards. And they should know the limit, right? I told him I didn't know and he made a sighing sound on the phone like I was an idiot, then skipped to the next question: Did I use my SS# for my company and if so, what is it? Wouldn't they know that? I filled out an application in order to get the card in the first place. I said no, so he asked me for my company's Federal ID #.

Now I'm beginning to question whether this confirmation thing is legitimate. I tell him that it feels scammy to me and he says they sent me a letter and I countered that I could create and print a similar simple one page letter and substitute any phone number in there. The phone number on the letter is not the one on the card. He gets angry at me and says go ahead and call the number on the card and they will ask for all the same info again. I haven't done that yet.

If this is not a scam, it's some odd form of corporate harassment. Can you imagine calling up one of your long term customers and subjecting them to something like this? Essentially asking a customer to apply for credit even though they have always paid on time and have a stellar credit rating. It would be business suicide. I have several five-figure Chase bank accounts as well as the credit cards but they are not my primary accounts or cards. I am seriously considering transferring the accounts to my other banks. I just transferred the autopays using the Chase card to another card. Anyone else encounter anything like this?

I did balance transfer to Chase card for 0% interest for one year. Each month I paid the amount of any new charges plus extra towards the transfer balance. My goal was not to pay any interest and have it totally paid off by the end of the 12 months. Chase applied only the minimum payment amount to my purchases and the rest went to my balance transfer. Thus I was just accumulating more interest on new purchases. Until you can pay off the whole balance you will accumulate interest on any new purchases. I plan to cancel this account when it is paid off.

I applied for a Chase (Southwest Rapid Rewards) card and was declined. I called to have it looked at again and was told I was declined because I have opened too many cards in the last two years. Even though the cards do not have balances (or have been cancelled) and I have a near perfect credit score (859 out of 900), they still told me they would not give me a credit card. I have never been declined for anything in my life regarding financial stuff. This is unheard of and they did not display any customer service or flexibility. Completely mind-blowing. I will never apply for any credit card that is associated with Chase Bank again. I should have learned when we tried to refinance our home with them a long time ago and it turned into a complete nightmare. Unbelievable. Stay far away from Chase Bank credit cards.

I have excellent credit. Had two accounts with Chase, one through Amazon and another Sapphire card. Chase always sent my statements via email. In April, when I paid my payments (Balance paid in full on both cards), I was then not surprised to get no statement in April or early May, as I didn't owe anything. Logged on to check when my Amazon Prime account renewed. Instead, I found out that my cards were both showing as past due for like $50. I checked my email history, and there were no statements in my email. I checked my mail, no statements there, either.

I called Chase, and they told me that the emails had been sent, but never kicked back to them. I said 'OK, you know my history with Chase. How did no one call me or anything to check to see what the status was?'. The rude woman on the phone was just saying, "Oh, well, cancel your cards or whatever." So, I did. Fortunately, there was no 30 day late, but I decided that having the available credit was less valuable to me than knowing that I wouldn't get some random late payment on my credit, since they won't send me statements, etc. I think Chase was just trying to defraud me, and I believe their practices are unfair to consumers. I recommend you NOT use Chase.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking subsidiary of  J.P. Morgan, which is a leading global financial services firm with assets worth $2.6 trillion. Chase has more than 5,300 branches and 15,500 ATMs. Cardholders can also bank online via mobile phones. The Chase brand is used for credit cards.

• No-transfer-fee balance transfer card: The Chase Slate card is one of the few cards on the market that waives this fee. But the fee is only waived for consumers who transfer their balances within the first 60 days of opening an account. After 60 days has passed, the fee is 3 percent. There’s also no annual fee on this card.
  • Sign-up bonuses: Chase credit cards often have generous sign-up bonuses, but there’s usually a spending requirement to meet within a certain amount of time, which is usually around three months.
  • Rewards: Chase offers a variety of rewards on many cards, including cash-back cards on everyday expenses, such as groceries and gas, travel rewards points, airline miles and more. Some cards offer extra points or cash back in specific categories. Each card has its own rules for rewards (for example, spending caps on bonus categories) so be sure you read the credit card agreement and the rewards program details very carefully. Also look at the redemption options to determine if the card is a good fit.
  • Ink-brand business credit cards: Chase’s Ink-brand business cards are popular and offer a variety of rewards for small business owners.
  • Excellent benefits and cost-saving features: A few Chase cards waive foreign transaction fees and some baggage fees. On some cards, you’ll find anniversary bonuses, airport lounge passes or memberships, 24/7 concierge services, 1:1 point transfer to popular frequent travel programs and more. Keep in mind that great perks usually come with annual fees. Chase also offers customers the opportunity to view their FICO scores online.
  • Reputation: Chase is the number one credit card issuer in the United States based on loans outstanding. Also, Chase is number two in mortgages. For three years in a row, Chase has been the number one Small Business Association lender to women-and-minority-owned small businesses.
  • Best for Small business owners and those who have good-to-excellent credit. Those who have credit card debt, but still have good credit, could be helped by the Chase Slate balance transfer card.

Compare Credit Cards