Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (597 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statemen...

Verified

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to...

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I had booked a vacation through the Chase Travel. One of the flights was canceled. I was not emailed by Chase or the airline. When preparing for the trip I found that it was canceled. I called the service line they just kept repeating that there were no notes on the cancelation. I asked why I wasn't notified and they said like they had for 20 minutes there was no notes on the cancelation. Because of this mistake I lost $500 because I had to buy a last minute one way ticket. With no answers or solutions provided they ended the call by asking if I wanted to sign up for a chase freedom card.

I understand that to a company like Chase, I am a number in the system but to rub my face in the powerlessness that I have by pitching me on another credit card from a company that just costed me $500, left a bitter taste in my mouth. Life is too short and there are too many credit cards to have to deal with this. To be fair this is just my experience but wanted to warn that it is more a churn and burn than a lasting credit card.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have been a customer for 4 years and I faced a fraud transaction in April this year. I complained to Chase and they started a dispute. After hundreds of calls to chase customer care and merchant I did not get satisfactory resolution and dispute was closed all the time where I did not avail the service. I don’t know how credit card companies promise that customer won’t be charged. It’s a mental hassle and trouble for me for last 6 months and I paid lots of interest on that and the dispute was not resolved in my favor. I hate Chase now and I am going to cancel all my credit cards. You guys are not providing good services to customers. My dispute was genuine and I don’t know what merchant was telling chase regarding fraud transaction happened to me.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I'm beyond frustrated by the fraud department at Chase. My wife's credit card was stolen while traveling abroad and a fraudulent charge was made to the account. I locked my card and disputed the charge. We were issued new credit cards and were assured that the charge would be removed based on our fraud protection plan. After 5 days without our Chase cards, we finally received the replacement cards however the fraudulent charge remained on our account. When I called card services to inquire on the status of our claim, I was informed that they were handling it. However, unbeknown to me, the customer service agent proceeded to cancel the replacement cards we had just received instead of dealing with the fraudulent charge on the old card. Our "new" cards were therefore declined at the store for no reason resulting in a very embarrassing situation at the grocery store.

We are now once again waiting on replacement, replacement cards since there is no way to reactivate the "new" cards that the customer service representative cancelled without authorization. Once our replacement, replacement cards are received, I now have to go back and change this information with all the vendors after I just did this 2 days ago. Chase should really work on the training of their customer service representatives. I am ready to take my business elsewhere!

Original review: June 1, 2022

I ordered an Apple computer (laptop) that was placed on back order. In the meantime I received 2 accessories for the laptop and both items were charged to my CHASE credit card. When my laptop was ready to ship, several weeks later, CHASE flagged the charge as potential fraud and rejected the charge. I called CHASE, provided all requested personal information and asked them to approve the charge. CHASE refused and told me that I would have to re-order the laptop. Now I have to wait even longer to get my laptop which I need for work. What is suspicious about someone ordering a laptop, especially after receiving laptop accessories?

Original review: May 27, 2022

Chase likes to send ads to my inbox like they did for the Marriot Bonvoy Credit Card. A recent ad informed me that I would receive a $250 e-gift card sent directly to my inbox upon my application and approval for the card. So I went to their website. I applied. I was approved. I received no gift card. After three emails with customer service I was told that I was not eligible for the bonus. I complained to the BBB. Chase called back and said I was not eligible for the bonus because I did not apply through the link in my email and had instead gone straight to their website. Rather than admit that this was a deceptive practice and that my action of going to their site was reasonable, they refused to provide the e-gift card. Clearly this company is all in on deceptive advertising and cares little for their customer.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Chase has a policy of holding your payment for up to one week without giving you credit on your credit card account. This has happened to me several times on my Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa account. I have had this card for several years and have always paid off the balance in full and on time. I have never been delinquent and sometimes make a payment twice a month and always the full balance. This past week it was a real problem because it left me in the lurch because of some large charges. I make payments online, and always thru the Chase website. The money is withdrawn from my bank almost instantly. They have the money in their account. Period.

They never gave me a reason WHY they do this. After all they HAVE the money, there is no check to bounce. I'll tell you the Real reason they do this. They have one week of free float of the customer's money. This adds up to hundreds of millions of dollars of free cash that they do not have to pay interest on. This is not legal in most countries. When credit card companies receive payment they must credit the customer's account immediately. But Chase is another big bad bank and they can get away with it in the U.S. I am petitioning Southwest Airlines to find another bank for their Rapid Rewards program. One that is not greedy and fraudulent. I love Southwest Airlines and the Rapid Rewards program, and fly on Southwest twice a month on both business and pleasure.

Matthew, Denver, CO.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Chase Credit Card touts that it offers consumer protection...IT DOES NOT! I was going through my statements and noticed that I was double charged for $209.45 at the same time from some place in Spain. I contacted Chase and said that I did not recognize why there would be double charges and that I was unable to contact the vendor. They sent me to their fraud department. After speaking to them Chase refunded me both $209.45 transitions. Then months later Chase declined my dispute, claiming that I called it fraud and I had to file it a dispute. I tried three different times to get transferred to someone to file a dispute of these charges, only to be kept on hold for over 30 minutes till I just hung up.

I finally got through to someone, only for them to tell me that it is too late to file a dispute; that the time limit has run out. I contacted Chase in a timely manner to bring this issue to them. They delayed it. Only after writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau did someone from Chase contact me. After asking them what could possibly be reason my card was charged twice, at the same place, and for the same amount within minutes of each; also, where was a copy of the two signed receipts, they just gave me the run around and said that they would simply not help and I was responsible for the double charge. Chase never had any intention of helping. Their claims of consumer protection are obviously fake.

Original review: May 1, 2022

No fraud protection. Chase always takes the merchant side, meaning if you never got your product and the merchant says they shipped it, you're out of luck. Take your business anywhere else and save yourself the heartache.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Signed up for Chase's 100K bonus offer on the Southwest cards-choose the priority one, was approved. I recently went to sign up for my companion pass I thought I'd earned after following the directions, and the points were never added to my account. I contacted Chase, the representative told me sometimes the sign up links for one offer redirect to another offer and I had only signed up for the 40K bonus offer (during the time period the 100K was available). I spent a lot of money on the Southwest card in effort to earn the companion pass, and come to find out that won't be happening.

The infuriating part is I spoke to the representative and Ron the supervisor, who say they just can't offer it anymore. Pretty upset as I was planning on flying with my family a good amount this next year and a half, I guess we'll be looking into other airlines as the card does not get you much if you don't get the sign on bonus. Disappointed in their customer service and will definitely not be signing up for another card with them anytime soon.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I have experienced the worst customer service from Chase. I love my Southwest Airlines credit card but sadly will not being business with Chase moving forward. Trying to dispute a purchase I placed to be shipped. Product was not signed for or received. Chase is siding with the vendor, even though I have provided all supporting docs to prove otherwise. Can’t get anyone on from Chase disputing team or customer support that cares.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information