Disclosures
Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

3.6/5 (609 ratings)

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Top Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Verified

We had the Chase Ink Business cards for about 20 years now and they have been simply fantastic. We've got about a dozen employees that are cardholders and when we get the statemen...

Verified

I currently have two Chase credit cards and they have been a good source of cash rewards. Customer service has always been courteous and efficient and has gone out of their way to...

Compare the best Chase credit cards

Chase offers a variety of top credit cards for personal and business use. Chase cardholders can earn cash back, travel rewards and generous signup bonuses, plus take advantage of 0% introductory APR periods for balance transfers and new purchases. Before you apply for a Chase credit card, be aware of Chase’s 5/24 rule — Chase automatically rejects applicants who’ve opened five or more cards in the last 24 months.

chase sapphire preferredRecommended Credit:
Excellent
Best travel rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Earn 2x points on travel and dining
  • 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • $95 annual fee
chase freedom unlimited balance transferRecommended Credit:
Best flat-rate rewards
Chase Ink Business Unlimited
  • Get unlimited 1.5% cash back on every business purchase
  • $500 bonus when you spent $3,000 in first 3 months
chase freedomRecommended Credit:
Good
Best cash back rewards
Chase Freedom
  • Earn 3x points on travel and dining
  • 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in first 3 months
  • $550 annual fee

Chase credit cards FAQ

How much are Chase points worth?
Generally, each Chase rewards point is worth $0.01 – $0.15. All Chase points are worth at least $0.01 per point when redeemed for statement credits or gift cards, but some Chase credit cardholders (those who pay an annual fee) are eligible to redeem points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at a 25% greater value.
What is Chase Ultimate Rewards?
The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is a way for Chase rewards-earning credit cardholders to redeem points for cash back, travel, or gift cards at a higher value. Only Chase-branded rewards credit cards earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Does Chase offer secured credit cards?
No, Chase does not offer secured credit cards.

Do we recommend Chase credit cards?

Chase credit cards are some of the best around if you have good or excellent credit and want to earn cash back or travel rewards. You can maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards by combining points from multiple rewards-earning Chase cards. For example, use a card with rotating bonus categories, like the Chase Freedom card, for purchase in those categories and a flat-rate rewards card, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, for everything else. Chase cardholders can even transfer points to another member of their family through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Missed a reoccurring payment for my streaming service when I changed from paper to paperless billing. They never made the change and sent no bill. I immediately paid it when I realized what happened and they put a black mark on my credit (which has always been good). They refuse to remove it and won’t send me any proof they sent a billing notice. Worst customer service ever. Stay away, they care nothing about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Rewards are a joke compared with Amex Platinum. Annual fee is a lot less but I chose Chase Sapphire for a Visa because I'd read about a lot of benefits associated with the card including credits toward Peloton and Instacart. Turns out those have all apparently been eliminated. The website also is not great, is very sales oriented toward getting me to sign up for other Chase products. I will be closing my account after I get my initial bonus reward.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

No problem with credit, but as a sole proprietor providing a business license and business insurance containing my business address as listed with the state of California, Chase representatives are somehow still unable to verify my address or documentation because those items are “not on their list”. I do not pay for utilities in my office of business etc. and could not provide such documentation. Instead, I was asked for non-applicable documentation such as a fictitious business name, which is not applicable for sole proprietors using their own name for business.

There were 4 bullet items listed as acceptable items for proof of address, and apparently legal documentation does not count. Yet, I was told by two different representatives that there were additional items that could be provided such as my business license, or bank statement, yet I was still denied because these are “not on their list” after-all?! If you want to work with human robots with no ability to think or problem solve accordingly, bank with Chase. I wish I had been warned. At this point, I am disgusted with their service and even if I should pass approval, I don’t think I would even want to do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I walked into a Chase bank to inquire about opening a credit card to do a balance transfer. When I signed up for the card Elton when I asked her multiple times if there was any fees for the card or doing the balance transfer she told me NO over and over. She also told me the transfer would only take about 3-5 days and it took three weeks. When I received my statement I see a $420 fee for doing the balance transfer.

I called her to ask why I was charge this fee and she said she does not know but will look into it and call me back. I had a branch manage call me and says he is sorry and will escalate it so they can remove the fee. I got a call from Lakiesha at chase who basically tells me she will open an investigation to see what happened. I get a call a few days later from Lakiesha stating and reached out to the branch and the woman now is saying the fee was “not discussed” so they can not waive the fee. I am completely disgusted with chase and their lack of customer service, professionalism and integrity! I will be removing all my accounts and credit cards with them. Do NOT bank or get credit cards with them if you don’t want to be scammed out of money!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I didn't feel company was on my side when it comes to disputing charges. You provide all the evidence, yet still they treat you like you are not telling the truth. Never seen once they did a good work. It makes it very challenging to dispute anything. On the other hand, I felt very welcoming when working with Citi Cards. They treat you with dignity!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I acquired a credit card from Chase and cancelled it but they keep charging the monthly Amazon charge. I paid my bill even if I had already cancelled and asked to waive the late fee but they keep sending me the bill and I was not informed that I have a standing balance when I cancelled it. I spoke to a "manager" his name is Brian. He is not willing to accommodate. It's the worst conversation and customer service ever. At that point I already have a late fee. I let the guy know that if I was informed when I cancelled that I would have paid it. I have a good credit score and a good credit.

At that point I was just fed up and just wanted to pay that balance but not the late fee. It is not fair for me to pay the late fee. Instead he blamed me for not checking my bill. But of course when you cancelled a credit a card and was not informed that you have a balance you would think that it is settled and that I do not owe anything. Long story short bad experience. He was not willing to accommodate at all.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Yes, it’s great for getting points. I have literally spent over $100k on my card. I only use it instead of debit to get points. But here’s the catch - using them and their support when you’re abroad is HORRIFIC!! Like I cannot even begin to explain how bad. Examples are: spent 7 hours on the phone with them Christmas Eve for them to tell my I was not booked with my family to Morocco. In fact, I was booked and received confirmation from airline. After they cancelled me - I missed Christmas in Morocco with my family. My entire family went without me.

When I was returning from Morocco the airline overbooked me so I called to get help getting home and after 3 1/2 hours on the line, the agent said you have to stay in Morrocco for 25-48 hours until we send emails to find out what happened or pay $1800 to get home. Again my family all left me and I was alone. When you ask for a supervisor - they refuse and say they are the top. When you ask for escalation - no one ever calls back even though they promise within 48 hours. They take your phone number to call back but on 6 different occasions they never called me back and I had to start over from scratch.

I love traveling abroad so I hate to make this statement but it’s factual - their after-hours department is an Asian nation and they do NOT - I repeat DO NOT - understand what you’re saying or how to help. So you have to fumble and fumble and fumble until they finally understand. They will NOT transfer you. Bottomline - this card is great for points but TERRIBLE for actually using the card for travel. So DO NOT get this card. I’m cancelling and moving on!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

My husband had an overseas trip. Later he decided to take a 0% for a year interest loan with Chase. His job reimbursed him for travel so all he had was the 0 interest loan. Wrong, Chase took the payment to pay off the no interest loan first, then applied the difference to his travel. I called and spoke with a supervisor that said she needed to escalate to the Executive office and I would receive notification in a week. In other words, they were more interested in making $93 a month interest than helping allocating the monies properly. Spoke with another supervisor today and said, how can you listen, escalate and repeat back there's nothing you can do. Poor customer service and SHAME SHAME SHAME. We are fortunate to have monies set aside and therefore paid balance off in full today, instead of getting ripped off for $93 a month. Do better Chase. Shame on you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

The payment plan function allows you to, in theory, pay a one time fee to split up larger purchases into scheduled payments. This doesn't matter, though, because Chase will automatically put ANY payment you make towards you plan. Basically, they will collect your one time fee, then completely negate the benefits of the payment plan and then customer service will tell you that you should have read the fine print. I recently paid for a large vacation package and am now trapped into paying it all in full or dealing with very steep interest charges and my credit score being impacted. I'd recommend an Amex travel card over Chase, their plan it feature is easy to use, fair, and they don't LIE to their customers.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Chase Bank is in my opinion the worst bank to deal with for major bank credit card. My 95 year old father is dying and I have taken over his financial affairs and I can not get Chase bank to help me manage his credit card. I have been trying for months. I have power of attorney which they have on file but I'm still unable to manage his account. There customer service department is a joke. GO WITH ANY OTHER BANK BESIDES CHASE!!!

Chase Credit Cards Company Information