Find a Credit Cards partner

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1713 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: June 10, 2021

Calling customer "service" to dispute my denied fraud claim was a futile, frustrating waste of time. I called several times over three consecutive days trying to reach someone who could help me. Each time I called, I was transferred to a new person who had a new reason for being unable to help me. In total, I spent a few hours trying to escalate the decision or find someone who could help me. All to no avail. I finally gave up. Chase and the vendor have my money for a product I never bought. Now that's the fraud. Frankly, I have rarely seen such poor customer service. I have been a Chase card customer for over ten years but based on this experience, I am unlikely to use my Chase card again.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My trip, purchased with card points, was cancelled because of COVID. When I tried to rebook with my “travel credits” I was quoted a price that was 6x my original trip price. After many hours with the service person on the phone, mostly on hold, I was disconnected. He may have called back but that call was immediately disconnected. This is the second terrible experience I have had trying to rebook cancelled flights due to COVID with Chase.

Original review: April 9, 2021

CHASE will never get my business again. I've been a long, loyal customer for over 10 years, with two different credit cards with CHASE. Out of the blue in January 2021, I tried to use my Sapphire credit card and it was declined at the store. I check my account and my two cards have been closed without my notice. No emails, no phone call, no mail. Just closed.

I've never been late on a payment and my credit score is excellent. I call a representative to ask what is happening and they told me that they could give me no further information, only that they could not reopen my cards. When I probed further, they started speaking about my AMEX card and how I have a balance on it- to which I replied, what does AMEX have to do with you, CHASE? My credit score is excellent and I've had no personal issues with you- the representative stuttered and couldn't answer me. I'm sure that this bank is reevaluating their bottom line and closing customer accounts that aren't making any money for them. I am being punished because I don't pay a ridiculous amount of interest to them each month and because I know how to work balance transfers to AMEX. 10 years down the drain. Goodbye.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Chase Customer Service gave me incorrect info about disputing a charge posted to my credit card account. The Chase dispute team supervisor that I spoke with was more interested in how I expressed my concerns, rather than listening to my concerns. I asked her to put someone on the phone who was capable of speaking with a person who was upset, and that the manner in how I spoke was how I speak. I was then told by the Chase Dispute team that the Chase Customer Care team provided me with inaccurate information and did not know the dispute process.

The dispute team supervisor then apologized for her" misunderstanding" that she ascribed to me as "yelling" and acting "unprofessionally". She offered me a $100 courtesy certificate. All, that I wanted from her was respect as a long time and loyal customer, not a $100 courtesy certificate. However, I did accept the courtesy certificate. And, she continued to be dismissive throughout the entire encounter.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I just received a bill from Chase Bank showing interest being charged on my United Explorer Credit Card account. Well, it appears that we mistyped an online bill payment three months ago and have been getting charged interest since then, even though the account has been paid in full for the last two (now three) months!. In calling for an explanation, it appears that somewhere in their fine print, their contract now says that if you miss even one payment, you will be charged interest for an additional two months beyond the first month you were charged interest as a penalty for missing that one payment regardless if you pay the bill on time.

We've had this account for years and always pay our bills on time and have credit scores over 800 on all three reporting agencies. I strongly recommend that anyone with a Chase Credit Card account, especially a credit card account that charges an annual fee of $95, cancel their account to avoid these excessive charges. We have cancelled our account and will be cancelling another Chase account and will not do business with this company unless the three months of interest are refunded. This is horrible customer service.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I always used my card at Christmas to get the rewards, basically I max it out and then pay it off in full around January or February every year, I have had this card for 5 years. I received a letter in the mail 2 weeks after I paid my balance off in full that they have lowered my credit limit to $500. I have never been late on a payment and I have EXCELLENT payment history on my credit report. I have never paid late or deferred payments due to the "pandemic" because I worked the entire time. I called to ask them if they could raise it back up. I was told they would need to run my credit for a reconsideration??? So in short they lowered the credit limit without running my credit, but they have to run my credit to give me back the limit that I had for the last 5 years?? I have canceled that card and I will never have another Chase card or any of their financial products. I will stick to Discover, Citi and Capital One, they understand what true customer loyalty is.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

For a month, we've had fraud phishers trying to charge large amounts to our Sapphire Reserve account. We spend $400,000 annually on this card, it is our currency. We called six times looking for help, "no, there is no fraud". Then a 1300 fraud charge shows up, so we request another card. They don't cancel. After another 4 calls, they finally cancel our card, and "send" us a new card, our credit is cut off until it arrives. The card is delayed a week, who knows why, and they refuse to communicate the new number...WHICH CITICARD WILL DO...until the card arrives. No credit for weeks. This is a horrible company once you have a problem. Do not use the card if you can avoid it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I had an issue where my credentials were used without my authorization. A business charged my credit card 3 different unauthorized charges totalling over $6K. Chase refuses to accept that the charges were fraudulent, even though there is plenty of evidence to support my claims. They say that it isn't credit card fraud and there is no way for me to prove it wasn't, basically because the chip was used and because I had involvement with the business. The business in question has tons of bad reviews from other patrons who were victims of the same credit card scam. There were 2 other card issuers that were also affected. Discover and BBVA both gave me my money back and could see past the scam.

Chase doesn't use the same definition of Credit Card Fraud that the FBI or credit reporting agencies use. They have their own definition. Their definition of credit card fraud is, "If you were there, or had any personal dealings with the company, then it isn't fraud." They told me to take it up with the business, who obviously doesn't intend to return the money. Go with a different credit card issuer or bank.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I booked my Dec 14 flight months in advance through the Chase Travel portal with my points. I find out on Dec 13th (yes the day before my flight) that my flight did not exist (I'm panicking because I had a month-long trip completed planned and reserved). I call the airline (because surely this is a mistake) and they tell me this flight was canceled in late October. They said wherever I booked through should have notified me - it was through Chase. I'm spending hours on the phone with the airline and Chase the day before I'm supposed to fly out, while Chase confirms that they have no record of ever notifying me of this cancellation. I was understandably livid on the phone, and I said, "So what are you going to do about this, this is YOUR mistake" and the most the person on the phone could do was search for other flights with the same airline (which was limited in options).

I intentionally booked a direct flight to Costa Rica months in advance, and of course the day before this flight, there was no direct flight left and there was nothing available for a couple days. This was all the person on the phone offered me, I asked to speak to a Supervisor and she offered the same types of solutions. This was unacceptable, I needed a flight the next day. I finally said, "Just refund me the flights and I'll find something else myself" because Chase representatives were clearly limited to finding alternative flights within the same airline. I ended up having to book a more expensive, nondirect red-eye flight to Costa Rica (which means I got no sleep and a sore neck). After offering limited solutions, the supervisor said she would file a complaint and I should get a call from Chase in a couple days.

Fast forward to the end of my trip when I'm back in Los Angeles, I never got such a call and when I spent hours on the phone (again) with Chase Travel, they said they found no record of a claim and I had to submit one all over again. I was demanding some sort of compensation (on top of the refund) for the unnecessary stress and rebooking work I had to do myself for something that was THEIR FAULT (not to mention the poor customer service representative that never filed my first claim). I got an email back saying, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, we can't give more compensation on top of the refund and the difference of cost of the flights."

That was it - no compensation for my troubles and not at one point did anyone acknowledge this CRITICALLY SEVERE PROBLEM in miscommunication that happens with the airline and the end customer when booking through Chase Travel - and no one assured me that this wouldn't happen again. How am I supposed to confidently book with Chase again? Do better Chase. If nothing better happens from here, I will be canceling my Chase Sapphire credit card and warning others of this mishap.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I'm a good Chase Customer for years paying my 5 credit cards and paying off. You pay off a credit card and the lower your credit limit from $3,100 to $500 for no reason. They lower your credit limit and your credit report shows that you have a high usage of credit when you haven't use the credit card just because they reduce the limit. Please be aware because I am not the only customer that they do this and they don't care if you pay the credit cards on time and paying them off to zero balance. They will reduce the limit for no reason and affect your credit score. I'm planning to pay off all the accounts and close them because I rather not have credit cards that damage instead of helping. I'm furious because I have been paying them off and not using them and they reduce the limit.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information