Disclosures
Chase Credit Cards

Chase Credit Cards

3.9/5 (598 ratings)

About Chase Credit Cards

Chase (NMLS #399798), the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., offers loans for home purchases and refinancing in addition to its other financial services. The company provides home loans in every state and Washington, D.C., and its services are available online, through its mobile app, by phone and in person at more than 4,700 branches.

Chase Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 30, 2020

I've been with Chase for years now and they always alert me when possible credit card fraud occurs. They also have always been willing to fight incorrect charges for me and never failed to stand up for me.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I had card and identity stolen. Fraudulent charges were on my account. These folks, from the start, sided with the merchant. They weren’t sure who the merchant was or what they sold but, as a consumer, I was guilty from the start. I would avoid this bank at all costs.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Rewards points always fit my purchasing habits. Really save me a few dollars every month. Helps offset my spending costs. Very good card to carry. Would recommend to anyone who has similar recurring expenses.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I don't care for any cc company. I think they squeeze far too much money out of people. I think Chase, being one of the largest, make far too much money and should spread more of it out to its customers by offering a more generous percentage of cashback on EVERYTHING, all the time. 2-3% would be good. Then offer more for different categories each month.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have a Chase Freedom card (and I had a Chase Slate card that they cancelled because of no activity!). The rewards are ok, can redeem points with almost no minimum. However, there is an absurd fee on foreign transactions (which can be anything anywhere priced in a foreign currency) and the customer service is lacking. In addition, they don't list on the statement or online your ending balances by type (balance transfer, purchases etc), only the average balances over the statement cycle, so you never know exactly how much you owe on each category.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have no fees in the points that I can accumulate with purchasing essentials like groceries, gas, clothing, etc. Is awesome. The other thing I like is that the card is attractive and made of sturdy material and not a flimsy one like my bank card.

Original review: July 28, 2020

A: I opened an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card for the purpose of Amazon purchases only. I never carry the card with me. For the first time in all my online years, I mistakenly responded to a fraud which appeared as Amazon. Once I realized the situation, I immediately contacted Amazon and Chase, set up alerts with Chase, etc. When someone tried to get cash at a Walmart (I guess using a cell phone) on my Chase card, Chase immediately notified me they had closed that account, set up a new account, and advised Amazon. I pay each billing in full and never pay interest. The points add up and have saved considerable dollars for me. Chase action was very fast to resolve this issue. I recommend this card. And, pay attention to all email that appears to be from your retailer and be sure the retailers name is in the email address from which it came!

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have used this card for years with no problems. Good rate and rewards. Earn extra points at Amazon, which add up quickly. User friendly site to make payments, check balance and points. Good period of time between renewal dates. Easy to add extra users to the account.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I only use this card a few times a month, but have been very satisfied with it over the years. I pay no fees. I get rewards for every purchase, Customer service has always been excellent. Any difficulties or payment oddities are remedied immediately and at no cost. The website is easy to use.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I appreciate the fact that Chase really cares about the safety of their customers. They alert you immediately if they think there is fraudulent use of your card and makes sure you did the transaction. Saved me many times! Actually saved me $500 when someone used my card number miles away from where I was and they blocked it, notified me and I verified it was not me so they sent me a new card with different account number. Excellent customer service.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I primarily use the Chase Amazon rewards card - however I do have other Chase cards. We do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon due to our rural setting and we average ~$30 /month in Amazon "cash". We also have most of our monthly bills on the card as well. We are extremely diligent to pay off the card at the end of each month - otherwise the rewards amount would really dwarf the amount of interest accumulated each month. Although the interest rate on the Chase Amazon card is better than some/most, it's still in the 20's% range. I recall back when we first got the card (5-10 yrs ago) there was an introductory rate of 0% for about a year. This allowed us to do about $15K improvements around the house at an affordable interest rate (allowing us to make double or triple monthly payments) that was converted to a low interest rate loan with a much lower principal after the year was up. I have no idea if this program is still in place.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Would prefer better ability to reduce fees and costs when traveling in a foreign country. I also wish we had a higher credit limit. The services are adequate but getting through the dispute process and 'customer serve us' is difficult.

Original review: July 26, 2020

The statement is very easy to read. Emails are prompt and very definitive as to their message. Card is readily accepted online and many merchants not just Amazon. I would recommend this card for any beginner credit card user and definitely do the automatic payments to benefit your credit score.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Points are hard to earn and it now takes tens of thousands to get your one free night in a hotel. On the other hand, I have never had an issue with my card being accepted so at least I can rely on this card even when traveling far from home.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I would like to be able to pay off a future payment on the card ahead of time, but they will not allow it. It would make it easier to handle finances on my end. I feel they don't allow it because they hope a customer will forget and allow them to charge interest on a purchase.

Original review: July 25, 2020

The paper bill I get is very straightforward. Making a payment at a local bank is easy. Calling the customer service number on the back of the card always answers my questions. It is helpful to get some credit from my card purchases to use toward Amazon purchases.

Original review: July 24, 2020

The United Explorer card. Up front, it's astonishingly good. Miles galore just for signing up! Why, you can find a flight that's practically free after spending the amount listed in the offer. My introduction to the card made me feel like I had stumbled onto something really good. But when Air Canada cancelled a flight I had booked to Europe because of Covid, and wouldn't refund the cost, things went downhill fast.

I filed a dispute by phone after purchasing the tickets in December, 2019, which Chase promptly misplaced. After not hearing from them, I called to find my account was two months delinquent and that they had not disputed the charge. I opened a second dispute. A few weeks later, I received a letter from Chase stating that since I had not provided substantiating documentation as requested, the second claim had been discontinued. What? No substantiating documentation was requested by them! I filed a dispute a third time after speaking with them, and the third time was golden. I received a refund.

But the damage from this string of ineptitude was devastating. My credit line on that card, and on a second Chase card was reduced because of my delinquency in paying the charge. From $22,000 to $2500 on that card, and from $14,000 to $6,000 on the second. Considering the yearly fee, a Walmart size credit limit is ridiculous for a business card. After numerous conversations with Chase employees, I got nowhere. In conclusion, the card is great, as long as you never need to use customer service or dispute a charge.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have experienced good positive customer service since using the card, and appreciated the transfer balance option as well. The daily interest rate is high but similar to most other credit cards. Anytime I have called or chatted for an issue the Rep has been pleasant and helpful, resolving my issue.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Customer service and interest rate are great. They help with any concerns about fraud or missing cards. I've been with them for almost 30 years and trust them totally. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs a trustworthy credit card company.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Chase has been a great card service with a fantastic customer service. Fees and interests are nominal, but within range. No hassle when issues arise; mobile application is easy to use and transactions are done smoothly.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I really do like my Chase credit card and that I get 1.5% cash back on all my purchases. They make it easy to redeem the cash back and other rewards you can choose from. It's easy to pay your bill and their website is easy to use as well. Great job Chase!

Original review: July 23, 2020

My Chase card has been hacked 4 or 5 times and Chase caught it every time and contacted me. They would shut down that card and immediately send another one. One time this happened while we were on a cruise in Mexico and they worked with me to allow the current account to stay open specifically for the cruise company charges, and the parking lot charge near the airport. New card was at the house when we got home. Very satisfied!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I decided to use a balance transfer on my Chase Marriott Card. Biggest mistake ever. It was easy to get the money but what they said they disclosed and didn't make clear was that if you use your credit card to purchase items during the time that you have the balance transfer then your payments go to the balance transfer first and they can charge you interest on any credit card purchases for the month.

I had to call and lose my mind with them to have the finance charges taken off. The woman I spoke to did it and told me to call back for the last month that I used the card for purchases. So that is what I did tonight and the very rude manager said that the first manager should have never done it and refused to do it. He is sending it to be 'reviewed' and I will get a call in 7 - 10 business days. Why could one manager take off the finance charge and another one not? This guy wasn't going to budge. I have already taken away my mortgage with Chase, I will be cutting up this card and unfortunately my Southwest card after this horrible experience. And for those of you looking for the best card - Capital One all the way!!!!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I've been with Chase for 26 years & would normally have given them 5 across the board until a recent issue where I fell behind on 1 payment & tried to set up a payment plan & even though I have been with them for 26 years & had NEVER had a late or missed payment, they are unwilling to set up a payment plan with me. They are willing to defer payments for 3 months, with the finance charges still being applied yet not willing to do a payment plan & defer a $39 finance charge. Makes no sense to me. I do really like the rewards option that you can redeem it on Amazon. So except for this latest issue, I would otherwise highly recommend this card.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I really like the ability to combine points from many different cards seamlessly to apply them to whatever I want. Other cards have left me with small amounts that are not very useful, but small amounts from several cards adds up to a really nice points balance that can be used for virtually anything, with a particularly good value for travel when you combine with a premium level card. I do wish those didn’t have the annual fee of course but starting at $95 is not too bad overall. Statement credits are awesome when you are short on cash. I love my freedom bonus awards quarters, they can be a lot of fun to figure out ways of maximising points opportunities. Buying gift cards at various stores included in a particular quarter is one way to spread your bonus points further.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I do like the credit card, but several years back I had a problem. I paid my bill via phone on the date that it was due, and it happened to be a holiday, which I did not realize. They increased my interest rates, and I tried VERY hard to get this rectified and I couldn't. I even contacted my local Congressman and nothing could be done about it. I do not know why they would penalize me for having the due date on a holiday? A mystery. I have had the credit card for 43 years. Other than that I am satisfied.

Original review: July 21, 2020

What I like about Chase is their variety of rewards cards. I started with their Sapphire Preferred card and I always got comments on the actual weight and feel of the card. Loved it, but not the annual fee. The great thing was that Chase made it very, very easy to simply switch it to their Freedom card which didn’t have a fee. I did like that about Chase. Their online management tool is very professional, not as simple as Citi or Discover though. I would say their customer service makes up for it as I’ve been able to resolve any issues I’ve had by calling or sending a message online.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I've had the Amazon Chase CC for three years. It is amazing. 3% back on all Amazon purchases, 2% on everything else. I spend whenever I can with it. Customer service is responsive. The security is as good as the Capital One folks have. Easy to use, accepted everywhere. The rewards are just so good! Also, the website is really easy to use and it's easy to manage settings like alerts and other things. Lastly, it has some heft to it and makes me feel like I have a black card.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have a Chase Banking account and the on-line services are excellent and they monitor my CC all the time and send me important alerts that I set up. I feel that

Chase is the best banking experience I have had in NYC.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I have had several credit cards with them for over 30 years. They have been very fair and have helped me get through some hard times, especially after I couldn’t work for several months. They refunded me interest payments which showed me they actually seemed to care and have my loyalty.

Chase Credit Cards Company Information