1.0/5 (30 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Aspire Visa

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: May 20, 2022

Preapproved me for $1,000 and then when I clicked on it it couldn’t find my info. Then preapproved for 350. We’ll nevermind cause of course I wanted the $1,000 you offered. I even have the offer email for that amount. Fraudulent claims is what that was.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I set the payment for my Aspire card to go through on the 23rd and they pulled the money from my account on the 16th then blamed me for it. Even though I had a confirmation for the 23rd they said I paid with my debit card so it just goes through automatically. When I pushed they offered to refund the payment so that I wouldn't close the account. I had to ask at least 4 times to close the account. Even though the payment went through in seconds they told me it would take 2 days to process a refund.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Approved for an initial $350 credit limit. I called to inquire about a credit line increase after 1 1/2 years of having on time payments and zero issues with my account. I was told they ONLY review accounts periodically for a credit line increase and would send notification of an increase when it occurs. So, every payment I have made on time, with no issues at all for 18 months and no issues with my credit and still NOTHING. Bottom line is, this card is useless, fees are outrageous and customer service is a complete joke. I would stay clear and NOT recommend this card for any reason.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I wish I read the reviews before I responded to their PRE-APRROVED acceptance letter. I know the difference between PRE-APPROVED and PRE-QUALIFIED. They are able to get away with this because they stick an * next to the PRE-APPROVED and the small print says you're not really approved yet. It appears that this credit card exist merely to sucker people into lowering their credit scores through their pointless credit checking. There are legitimate PRE-APPROVED offers out there but this type of company will have people like me missing out on opportunities. I won't even get into how the conversation went with the "Service Rep" who was unable to get a Supervisor on the line because they were all in "meetings".

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

So, I had a credit score of 687. Aspire offered me through mail a pre screened offer for a $1500.00 card with no annual fees. I went to the website, entered my pre-screened offer code. They denied me even though my credit balances are within limits and pay them off every month and I was made to believe because this was a pre-screened offer that only a soft credit check would be applied. Instead they deducted 4 points to my credit score and entered another hit that will be there for two years. Run far away from Aspire. They are disastrous. Totally bad company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

It's been 4 months now and I have never received my card, I spoke with customer service and they cancelled the card and ordered another one, twice, I paid off everything activation fees. Whatever in October, it's now January and still.... nothing yet

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I was laid off October 19 2021. I told Aspire I filled out the forms. Filled it out not the credit protection doesn’t want to pay the amount cause they are saying I’m 60 days late. I gave them the forms before 60 days.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

After having the card for a couple years... I recently paid it off and then went on vacation. After returning home- 3 weeks later I get a notice they had suspended my account. I had a couple missed payments in the last year, but they were brought current quickly. I haven't a clue? BUT I am glad they'll be gone!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

After having this card for a few months I fell behind but I knew that I was going to be able to pay the balance in full and called them to advise them of the day I would be able to do this and they stated that it was fine. I called on the day I told them I would and they even removed my late fees so I paid the balance in full. A week later I went to use the card but it was declined. When I called them they told me that my card had been closed on the same day I paid the balance in full. I was not made aware of this. I would not have paid the balance in full if the person on the phone would have told me this. I would have made partial payments.

I had reiterated with the person on the phone to make sure we would be able to use the card and they assured me that I would have access to the full amount within 24-48 hrs. They lied to me and then to top it off I called to complain and was told that they escalated my account and would call me back within a week. It is now 3 weeks and nothing. Honestly I wanted them to reopen my account but now I don't care. They deceive their customers and don't keep their word.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I opened this credit card and paid the annual fee. It was the one and only payment that I made on this card, because I was never able to use the card. I had the card for less than five months, I called the company and asked why I couldn't use the card. Their response was that it wasn't activated. I had activated it once I received it, I activated it again on the phone with the customer service rep.

Behold I went to use the card again in a week or two, and it was declined again. I called today and they informed me that due to inactivity on the card they closed the account. If I wanted to reopen the account I would have to pay another annual fee. I explained to them, that the reason there was no activity on the card is because their systems wouldn't register that the card was activated apparently. They could care less. It was a scam from the beginning and I can only imagine how many other people they do this to. They should be shut down, and they should be brought up on charges for predatory lending practices, bait and switch and anything else you could think of to Target people that are trying to rebuild their credit and then screwing them over.

Aspire Visa Company Information