Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.8/5 (314 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Aspire Visa

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I believe people are talking about two different cards. However The Aspire Visa was closed down. And the Aspire Mastercard is same company but similar. I received the Mastercard and I have had no problems. I believe if you get an offer for it and you need to build credit it's worth it. As long as you pay your balance in full each month.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I saw so many terrible reviews on this card so I was skeptical when they sent me an offer for $2000 limit, $0 annual fee and $0 maintenance fee. Interest is 25.99%. I'm post BK, 623 score...seems legit.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

So, I have read a bunch of these reviews.... and I am wondering if I am dealing with the same company. I was pre-approved for $1,500 with a $0 annual fee & $0 maintenance fee. The online application went as they stated it would & it was actually approved. I am expecting the credit card within the next 2 weeks. I was also able to connect to their website to log in with my new account. Everything so far, looks on the up & up. I will definitely keep the original offer & receipt of approval in case this goes south. But so far, it has fraud protection & a free credit score feature when logging in. So I guess I am the first non 1 star reviewer... if anything changes tho - I will be sure to do a proper update to this review.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have never received this card. The balance on it is $112 although I have never received it. Was initially sent out (supposedly) on May 30th. Today is 07/23 and I still do not have the card. I have spoken with them several times and have even asked them to cancel the card and they still have not done so. It's a fraud. Try a different company, folks.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Approved for the MasterCard on May 26, 2021. It is now July 12, 2021 and I have not received the card. Spoke to customer service allow 14 business days. I setup my online account anticipating the arrival of the card. It now shows a late fee for a payment that was due on July 7, 2021. If I have not received nor activated the card, why am I being billed a late fee. I didn't expect to pay for the hope of receiving the card. Still attempting to resolve this matter. My hope is if you as a consumer decide to apply for the card please be aware of my scenario.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a new card number when my mail was stolen. That was May, it's July now! Still waiting and being charged $12/ mo for the honor. Card was supposed to be here but never sent. Then they were going to send the same acct #. If you want good service, look elsewhere!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I'm so pissed. I applied for the Aspire master card only to get denied claiming my credit score is 589, which is a lie! My Fico score is 666. So I'm not sure what model they used maybe the vintage 9 but that not right. Anyway not knowing what score they will be using I ended up with a inquiry on my credit report which lowered my score. What a waste of time!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Do not get this card! I made 3 small purchases and they suspended my account, said there were fraudulent activity, and could not get them to unlock it after verified they are mine. Got bill before card arrived.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Logging in my acct to make payments on my Aspire Visa card have not been an easy task - after I have already entered in payment info - there's nowhere I can click submit to submit a payment. I don't have time to dick around trying to move my cursor on the computer screen to process a payment. You guys should really improve on making payment easier.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I have had a credit card for a while thru Aspire. I have been paying my account off monthly for about 6 months. As of the middle of may I paid my $109.00 balance off then on June 2nd my account was compromised. I found out thru a email that charges were made that I had not made so I called them and said charges were made like $1.80, $2.00, then $10.00 then higher and higher in one day. Now knowing this doesn't seem right why would they accept these charges?? So now they are sending me more emails on more charges after I closed my account on june 2nd. I have been on the phone with them numerous times and getting nowhere. They said they will investigate it and I have to put on paper what I didn't charge. I told the representative that's easy..I haven't charged anything since May 16th.They said I need to put all charges on paper. How?? I don't get a statement in the mail just emails here and there and I didn't make this mistake, they did!! Sooo frustrated right now.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I got a pre approved letter in the mail for a $1500 Mastercard from aspirecreditcard.com, entered my pre approved code into the website, and answered all the questions correctly, my Fico score was 686 at the time, after hitting my credit with a hard inquiry they denied me. So they baited me with fake approvals only to deny me and hit my credit with a hard inquiry. For someone building credit this can be very detrimental, this hit dropped my score by 9 points. Thanks for the pain Aspire. CONSUMER BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS!!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I got a pre approval from this company for 2000 in March 2021, not that I needed it, but since it said no annual fees I figured I'd apply for it and cancel one. I was pay a yearly fee. Got approved and all their emails, when the card showed up, a week or so later I go to activate the card and find I I have a amount due for 59 dollars! A yearly fee and that fee every year after! So clearly they believe in baiting customers. They'd to call customer service to get hung up on three times when I tried to explain that this card wasn't suppose to to have a annual fee. I have paid their fee for the year since it hit my credit, but cut the card up and after the year I'll close the account so it doesn't damage my credit as bad. I am filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission about this because it is very misleading and many people need that extra money for other reasons rather than to be lied to by a bank.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Holy socks Batman. ): I applied for this Mastercard for rebuilding my credit, following the 2020 Covid downturn. I totally understood about the $35 annual fee, as that is common. But NOT the whopping $175 startup fee they automatically tacked on. NOT stated in the original disclosure agreement I downloaded. Very sneaky and conning. I won't be using this card.

Aspire Visa Company Information