2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2020

I received a pre-approved card from Aspire (MASTERCARD) letting me know that I was accepted and I must put in a acceptance code and get my new card after being pre-approved. I decided to come on this review site first with-out accepting it and look up the reviews. The negative reviews was heartbreaking with this company, they have scammed and misled so many by stealing their money. $175 annual fees. Annual percentage Rate 36%. This is crazy and ridiculous. Stay away from this company. SHRED the INVITATION. Beware!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

I was sent a preapproval letter for $1000. I go and put in the approval code online and fill out my information. Declined. Inquiry on my credit. It said in the terms they can contact my work # for telemarketing? Really? Why send out approval letters and then do this? I am trying to rebuild my credit, not crash it into the ground. This is ridiculous.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I get a pre-approval for 400 so I say heck why not. I didn't plan to use it but the extra credit would make my ratio lower in return make my score go up. They deny me. What? I have good credit. Just got a home Depot card over the weekend and have five other cards with large limits always paid on time. Stay away. Now I got a inquiry on my report that I didn't even ask for.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I was sent a pre-approved letter for this card. I applied and got the card with $400 limit. Last week I made a payment for $300 (as I maxed out my card). The payment was reversed somehow, and I made the payment again. After calling multiple times to see what was happening with my account I found out they closed my account "due to bad credit rating and a reversed payment." I asked how I got a pre-approved letter if that was the case. Anyway since I owed them a balance they are keeping the payment and I still owe them. That money was for my son birthday. I'm mad, because as much as I called no one told me till days later. Too many issues with using this card.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

This card is a complete scam and it requires a 175 annual fee plus a 150 maintenance fee for a 700 dollar credit limit. Yea ** right, NO THANKS! You're better off going elsewhere. Too much BS going on here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Got sent a letter saying I was approved for a 700 limit credit card and was given a code to enter for the approval. So I did that then got a email saying I wasn't approved for anything. That's false advertisement to me. I have 5 credit cards all paid.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

This is a total scam. $175 annual fee for $700 credit limit. They send you something saying you're pre-approved for the card, then make you submit a credit check (reduces your credit score) before telling you the FEE is $175.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a 1000 dollar credit. I went into overdraft for three days. l paid 700 dollars on it, when l checked my available balance it said zero. l called. They said it was close!!! That’s **. Please check reviews first. l didn’t. Shame on me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

In case anyone needs the "customer service" number, it's 800-348-8783. I've been paying on a closed account for almost 20 years. I'm afraid that when it's all finally paid off, they will still haunt me. I don't understand how it was a $1,000 limit and I'm still paying it off almost 20 years later.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had received a preauthorize invite from Aspire in the start of November 2019 so I decide to go forward and was approved for a new credit card with them. I was then told I would get the card in 7 to 10 business days. At the end of November I got a bill from them saying I owe $125 but I never got the card in the mail. I called them and was told to cancel and they would resend another card. Still to this day I never got a card. At this point I don't want an account with this company and I would highly suggest anyone else don't get caught up in their scam. I was looking for a card to rebuild my credit and not make it worse.

Aspire Visa Company Information