3.3/5 (392 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Aspire Visa

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I’ve made 2 payments - one by mistake & was returned by my bank. The first full payment was made over 3 weeks ago. Called to find out why my card was locked - told to wait 10 days. Called again & was told to make the returned payment again & card would be unlocked. Called again & was told had to wait another 10 days. Called again & was told I had to wait 19 days. All agents were very rude. Final call again today. I was told to wait until 9/14 when the 10 days would be up…

Original review: July 28, 2022

Last night I received an email informing me my card had been permanently closed "due to inactivity". I logged in online and saw it still open/active, so I tried to call and chat online, but no one answered. Today I was able to talk with someone who informed me that since there was no activity in the last 90 days my card was cancelled. I have NEVER heard of any card with this rule, and no warning, no heads up, just...closed out. I had been making payments within the last 90 days but evidently that doesn't count - Very poor business practice in my book, and I would not recommend Aspire Visa to anyone. Same exact scenario happen to me. Paying on time doesn’t count as well as having a zero balance. They are idiots and a bad company to get a credit card company from.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2022

My account was closed on 07/27/2022 for non-activity. I used my card to make an online purchase on 07/26/2022 and on 02/22/2022 prior to that. No letter was sent stating my account was in danger of being closed (like the reputable cards do). When I reached out to customer service as to why my account was closed the response was "per the terms of your account we can close it at any time for any reason". I was never late and I also never paid a penny of interest on this account as I paid it in full every time I did use it. I got this card after I filed my bankruptcy (due to medical bills from cancer treatment) and I was thankful for that, but there are many other unsecured cards out there that will still give you a new account with a decent limit and no fees after bankruptcy. I have never had an account closed on me with no forewarning. Stay as far away from this card as you can! It is not worth it if you are trying to rebuild your credit!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I acquired this card to improve my credit scores. I set up automatic payment and even supplemented the amount each month. NEVER missed a payment! In March my family began looking for a house. It was critical we maintained a good debt to income ratio so I began cutting back on credit card usage.

Yesterday I received a notification my account was closed due to inactivity. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't with Aspire. No notifications of potential cancellation. No warning at all.

Now my credit scores will suffer, and the reason for getting the Aspire Visa was to avoid such damage. I cannot imagine what they must do to clients that do not pay their bills. Communications with this company suck. DO NOT waste your time thinking they can help. They are liars and are untrustworthy, and do not deserve your loyalty. AVOID Aspire Visa!!

Original review: July 28, 2022

Last night I received an email informing me my card had been permanently closed "due to inactivity". I logged in online and saw it still open/active, so I tried to call and chat online, but no one answered. Today I was able to talk with someone who informed me that since there was no activity in the last 90 days my card was cancelled. I have NEVER heard of any card with this rule, and no warning, no heads up, just... closed out. I had been making payments within the last 90 days but evidently that doesn't count - you need to make PURCHASES I was told, and my last purchase was 98 days ago. Very poor business practice in my book, and I would not recommend Aspire Visa to anyone.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Never missed a payment, never late with a payment, annual fee typically paid 30 days in advance. Today I receive an email that my account was closed for non-use. Seriously! I'm furious. Called their Customer Support number back to back...all I got was a fast busy signal. Had a NICE credit limit. Used it in the past when I NEEDED to. Paid off all credit card debt November 2021 and for good behavior I get a CLOSED account and a ding on my credit score?

Original review: June 13, 2022

This company routinely sends me emails at least 5 times a day, every day. They are all coming from some different email address so blocking them doesn't work. I've called the company, I've followed the link to not receive their offers, numerous times, their customer service agents speak very broken English and do not understand the complaint, so I'm filing a complaint here.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I have an excellent experience with the card. I got a generous credit limit. It was easy to sign up for and my experience with their website and customer service department has been positive. I have the Aspire Mastercard.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Preapproved me for $1,000 and then when I clicked on it it couldn’t find my info. Then preapproved for 350. We’ll nevermind cause of course I wanted the $1,000 you offered. I even have the offer email for that amount. Fraudulent claims is what that was.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I set the payment for my Aspire card to go through on the 23rd and they pulled the money from my account on the 16th then blamed me for it. Even though I had a confirmation for the 23rd they said I paid with my debit card so it just goes through automatically. When I pushed they offered to refund the payment so that I wouldn't close the account. I had to ask at least 4 times to close the account. Even though the payment went through in seconds they told me it would take 2 days to process a refund.

Aspire Visa Company Information