Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.16/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I received a pre-authorization and decided I would got approved and changed my mind. I tried calling customer service and it was automated as usual. It repeatedly would not accept my info so I could not cancel the card. I did find and speak to someone on a different number who said just don't activate the card but then I'm afraid I'm gonna get charged. Plus their yearly fee is too high. Crazy, I feel it's a scam because I should be able to reach someone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

A short time after I got this card, I realized what an awful company. When I had enough money to pay Aspire off and be done with them, I did so. So I asked them precisely what I owed to get the balance down to zero and close it out and I paid that. Then a few weeks later, I was hit with "trailing finance charges," and to this day, I don't know if it was legal on their part, but I paid them anyway. So this August, the account was finally removed from my credit history, bringing my Equifax score down 2 points. The thanks I get for leaving Aspire in good standing. From my POV, a terrible cc company and one to stay far, far away from.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2017

My husband did file Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and Aspire disregards this fact, disregards our Lawyer's letters, keeps sending us statements with late fees. I assume if this ends to the court one day I will bring my bankruptcy file and my Lawyer will support the fact that the card was listed under the bankruptcy file and every attempt to collect a debt will consider as a way to violate any provision of the United States Bankruptcy Code. I see Aspire could go up to 10 years after people who did file a bankrupt. I am curious if there is any legal way to stop this before we actually go to the court where Aspire should pay a fine for disregarding the facts.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Got a notice for collection also for an Aspire Visa today for 2005. Called the collection company who said it was continuous which is absolute garbage. I may have had this card years prior that was under bankruptcy over at least 10 years ago. He did say it went to collection 2005, 2008 and 2009, he was speed talking also as if he didn't want me to hear what the actual spiel was. I'm guessing whoever collected my bankruptcy info disregarded it and passed it along to the next company to waste some time, because this is no longer or has never been a debt I carried. It's also quite possible theft, but as it hasn't been on my credit report for the last at least 10 years, it is in fact invalid.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I received in the mail on October 7, 2016 a Debt Collection from NCB Management Services Inc about an Aspire Visa Credit Card account in default of payment for $1891.03! To my surprise and bewilderment I NEVER applied for an Aspire Credit card and I never received a Visa Card from Aspire! I immediately contacted TransUnion and placed a Fraud Alert for my credit bureaus. Today, I filed an official Police Report for Identity Theft and will find out why I have this card in my name and possibly who has done this criminal act. I am trying to contact this company but it looks EXTREMELY "strange" and shady. In fact, I did NOT see any actual Customer Service Number to phone them only an Atlanta, Georgia P.O. Box address. This is purely unacceptable!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: May 20, 2016

This company was horrifying to deal with and ever so often they creep up like a weed. They only partially applied the SCRA, and this was maybe 16 years ago, but if they had fully applied it, they likely would have owed me money. They then sold the 'debt' and I've been harassed repeatedly through the years. I unfortunately don't have all the documents anymore. Through our military moves, we have had many things lost, but this was one of the most horrible companies I have ever had to deal with. I'm sure when I least expect it another company will buy the debt and I'll have to explain the entire thing again, but they tell me there is nothing I can do since Aspire sold the debt before resolving it. Way to show appreciation to Servicemembers and their families.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I received a called from ASPIRE VISA today 2/19/16 that they are taking me to collection for a card I supposedly had on 2005! I never had a credit card with them! They said I need to pay $1200 immediately to avoid collection. I read many people having the same fraud situation with this company! What should I do? Need help.

Original review: April 8, 2015

I had a card with Aspire Visa in which I had a $4,000 credit limit. I didn't use it for several months, and then when I need a new computer I used the card to purchase it. Shortly after I lost my job, and tried to contact the company, but for some reason neither my PIN nor the last 4 of my social would work (which you had to enter in order to speak to a customer service rep). I wrote them a letter on the invoice and mailed it back to them. A few weeks later I have a detective at my door ready to arrest me for identity theft!

Somehow, even though they record you for quality control purposes, they got my info mixed up with someone they were trying to snag as a customer and told her to press charges! I spent 3 hours in jail and humiliated. It was a nightmare that lasted a little over a month. It all ended when I asked for their recording of our phone conversation. Suddenly they dropped the charges. These people don't care about their customer. They just want your money!

Original review: March 28, 2015

I had an aspire visa card 8+ years ago. Not sure what happened to my account actually because it was so long ago. I'm sure my balance was no more than $500 if that. They waited 8 years to contact me. Over those 8 years my balance is now $3,128 which what they sued me for and now wanna garnish 10% of my gross wages. Never got a chance to fight it in court. I need help fast in what I should do next since they’re gonna start garnishing my wages soon. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I received a letter in the mail from PLAINTIFF: MIDLAND FUNDING LLC ASSIGNEE OF ASPIRE VISA ACCOUNT, claiming I owe a debt of $5765.00. A "Writ of Garnishment" threatens to collect my wages. Need help fast. I have no credit cards, how is this happening? I went through this years ago with Aspire. I never signed anything in agreement with this, nor have they provided anything other than a debt for a credit I never had. I received this notice Jan 7, 2015, stating I have 30 days until garnishments begin.

I was recently just financed for a new car, late Oct 2014 and had no problem because I am a home owner. Paid off two other vehicles etc., and provided proof with Wells Fargo accepting me. My "credit score" wasn't an issue, even though I have no credit cards. Something needs to be done to stop this financial war going on behind the working man's back and ruining lives. I'm going to the Circuit Clerk's office, in hopes for assistance but will surely need lawyer(s) action. This entire situation is beyond me and many other victims also, something needs to be done quick and fast. Please help by replying to my email address.

Aspire Visa Company Information