Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I was sent a pre-approved letter for this card. I applied and got the card with $400 limit. Last week I made a payment for $300 (as I maxed out my card). The payment was reversed somehow, and I made the payment again. After calling multiple times to see what was happening with my account I found out they closed my account "due to bad credit rating and a reversed payment." I asked how I got a pre-approved letter if that was the case. Anyway since I owed them a balance they are keeping the payment and I still owe them. That money was for my son birthday. I'm mad, because as much as I called no one told me till days later. Too many issues with using this card.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

This card is a complete scam and it requires a 175 annual fee plus a 150 maintenance fee for a 700 dollar credit limit. Yea ** right, NO THANKS! You're better off going elsewhere. Too much BS going on here.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Got sent a letter saying I was approved for a 700 limit credit card and was given a code to enter for the approval. So I did that then got a email saying I wasn't approved for anything. That's false advertisement to me. I have 5 credit cards all paid.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

This is a total scam. $175 annual fee for $700 credit limit. They send you something saying you're pre-approved for the card, then make you submit a credit check (reduces your credit score) before telling you the FEE is $175.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a 1000 dollar credit. I went into overdraft for three days. l paid 700 dollars on it, when l checked my available balance it said zero. l called. They said it was close!!! That’s **. Please check reviews first. l didn’t. Shame on me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

In case anyone needs the "customer service" number, it's 800-348-8783. I've been paying on a closed account for almost 20 years. I'm afraid that when it's all finally paid off, they will still haunt me. I don't understand how it was a $1,000 limit and I'm still paying it off almost 20 years later.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had received a preauthorize invite from Aspire in the start of November 2019 so I decide to go forward and was approved for a new credit card with them. I was then told I would get the card in 7 to 10 business days. At the end of November I got a bill from them saying I owe $125 but I never got the card in the mail. I called them and was told to cancel and they would resend another card. Still to this day I never got a card. At this point I don't want an account with this company and I would highly suggest anyone else don't get caught up in their scam. I was looking for a card to rebuild my credit and not make it worse.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This card is awful, the account hasn't been open for very long and they closed the account. They did this without notifying me, the only way I found out was due to me getting alerts from Credit Karma. Budget Rent a Car sent a charge to the card that is obviously incorrect and the just shut the card down without a phone call. You would think the company is on their customer's side but no. So now I have this card on my credit which I will dispute. They are just bad for business and I wish I would have looked at review first. I don't even want to get started with their customer service... It's the worst!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

They use a method of holding available funds if the amount paid is over 50% of the balance for 5 business days. I'm sure this is to deter consumers from paying their balance in full to avoid interest. Their customer service is not knowledgeable and you will receive different answers from each representative. Just don't even open this card. There are better cards out there.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

This company I pay credit card on time and they say that two hours late it's a charge of 35 dollars. No other credit card company because of time change or hours charge or try to steal your money that way. You call customer service and they treat you like animal not professional the management told me and I told him, "You guys are pro at ripping people off."

Aspire Visa Company Information