3.3/5 (386 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Aspire Visa

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

After having this card for a few months I fell behind but I knew that I was going to be able to pay the balance in full and called them to advise them of the day I would be able to do this and they stated that it was fine. I called on the day I told them I would and they even removed my late fees so I paid the balance in full. A week later I went to use the card but it was declined. When I called them they told me that my card had been closed on the same day I paid the balance in full. I was not made aware of this. I would not have paid the balance in full if the person on the phone would have told me this. I would have made partial payments.

I had reiterated with the person on the phone to make sure we would be able to use the card and they assured me that I would have access to the full amount within 24-48 hrs. They lied to me and then to top it off I called to complain and was told that they escalated my account and would call me back within a week. It is now 3 weeks and nothing. Honestly I wanted them to reopen my account but now I don't care. They deceive their customers and don't keep their word.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I opened this credit card and paid the annual fee. It was the one and only payment that I made on this card, because I was never able to use the card. I had the card for less than five months, I called the company and asked why I couldn't use the card. Their response was that it wasn't activated. I had activated it once I received it, I activated it again on the phone with the customer service rep.

Behold I went to use the card again in a week or two, and it was declined again. I called today and they informed me that due to inactivity on the card they closed the account. If I wanted to reopen the account I would have to pay another annual fee. I explained to them, that the reason there was no activity on the card is because their systems wouldn't register that the card was activated apparently. They could care less. It was a scam from the beginning and I can only imagine how many other people they do this to. They should be shut down, and they should be brought up on charges for predatory lending practices, bait and switch and anything else you could think of to Target people that are trying to rebuild their credit and then screwing them over.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Received my card, looks pretty good. The problem is when I go on line to reg. my account on line, it won't send me the code that they require to reg. the account ?? I repeated over and over, changed both user/passwords and yet nothing. They would not send me any security code to me at all, so I am not able to go on line. If this is a valid company then I should be able to do this like all the other Honest credit card companies. I will not be using this at all. Please be care if they are a new company that does this to you, A PRETTY BIG RED FLAG!!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2021

I was able to speak with a representative in regards to their false advertising. I asked for the inquiry to be removed and they said it would be. I'll report back in 30 days to see if they actually did it!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

If I could give a negative star, I would. This company does false advertising. They send PRE-APPROVED only to deny you and put a ding on your credit report. I wouldn't have filled out the form if it had said PRE-QUALIFIED and they know that. How is this legal?! It isn't. I wish I would have looked them up before falling for their scam. I will also report to BBB. I hope you guys go out of business. You're terrible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I do not own an Aspire Credit Card. I was pre-approved and declined. Their terms are absolutely predatory and are designed to extract as much as they can out of you. 175.00 upfront fee. 49.00 annual fee. 12.50/month maintenance fee. 35%+ APR. Low credit limit. Avoid at all cost. This company appears to take advantage of people down on their luck who trying to rebuild their credit. Their combinations of high, excessive fees and incredibly high APR will ensure that you're paying interest on top of their own self-imposed fees. (Their fees are charged against the card and are subject to that absurd interest rate.)

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I received a letter saying I was PREAPPROVED for a credit card with a limit of $1500. Not "up to $1500, but for $1500". I decided to get the card to just keep for a rainy day. Went online, put in the acceptance code, filled out all my personal information, and they came back and said I was not approved and would get a letter in a few days. I would have NEVER applied for a random card if it had not said I was PREAPPROVED. I have no need for another credit card, but I decided to just get it and keep it for emergencies. This is not right to do to people, because now I have a ding on my credit report, and nothing in return. THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

WARNING!!!! paid my card as agreed every month for over 2 years. Only to realise they were charging me High interest (in a zero interest economy) plus a 12.50 monthly fee and a $29 annual fee, All of which I was never aware of. Would not recommend this card to my worse enemy. I since paid off the card with a ZERO interest rate card.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Aspire Visa Credit Card sent me pre-approval mailings every month for their credit card. Finally, I made a decision to accept the card since it said I was pre-approved and even gave me an acceptance code. When I did, it declined me and said it would send me a letter within 30 days with details. Nothing on my credit has changed. I believe it is poor business to lure someone in with an attractive offer and then turn them down for that offer. I really wish they had never contacted me. If contacted in the future, I will contact the appropriate person within their company and tell them where they can stick their lying offers.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

AWFUL! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! This company is terrible. 3 times so far they have locked my card. Every time I use the card they lock it then I have to call customer service and go through a whole song and dance about getting it turned back on. This last time they froze my card and told me I need to verify my ID by sending a picture of my ID and latest bill. I did that, then they told me to send it to another email address, then after that I was told to send it to another. I can never get a hold of their fraud department who are the only ones who can unlock my card. It has been 3 weeks of trying to contact them and still no luck. I have reported them to the BBB and will not be paying any amount of money owed until I get someone who knows what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I applied for this card. They gave me a preapproval for $1500. I accepted the offer and was denied. I have a higher credit score than my wife and I make over a 100 grandeur and yet they approved her for a small amount and denied me. They made a hard inquiry on my account so I cannot purchase the cabin I was going to purchase in the fall considering they ruined my credit. This is fraudulent. Something needs to be done.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

If I could give 0 stars I would! This company’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in my life!!!!! They refuse to help you, read you a script and cannot answer straightforward questions, the supervisors are even worse!! Don’t ever accidentally pay your balance twice you will never get your money back!!!! They lie and tell you that you will receive a refund check and you never get it but it’s taken from your account! I have hired a consumer protection attorney to help get my money back they stole from me!! Terrible company!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I received a pre approval from Aspire only to put in info and was denied. This has to be illegal if for nothing else false advertising. This is not a pre-approval. This is pre qualified. Basically a scam.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

UPDATED 9/2/2021: I have been contacting Aspire for replacement credit card. I have been doing so for about 5months now. They all review my address then tell me they will send a new card.. STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE IT..

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I put in request for new card 4 months ago & I still have yet to receive it. The customer service is very horrible when you hold them accountable for their wrongs. There is no way it takes this long to receive a replacement card.. This service is real unprofessional I prefer & recommend NOT GOING WITH THIS CARD.

Original review: July 29, 2021

This has to be one of the worst credit card you can get. Do not get this card. These people obviously do not have we're not raised by mothers. They are complete low-lives. I really can't even think of a word for them and I hope they suffer.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I have never received this card. The balance on it is $112 although I have never received it. Was initially sent out (supposedly) on May 30th. Today is 07/23 and I still do not have the card. I have spoken with them several times and have even asked them to cancel the card and they still have not done so. It's a fraud. Try a different company, folks.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Approved for the MasterCard on May 26, 2021. It is now July 12, 2021 and I have not received the card. Spoke to customer service allow 14 business days. I setup my online account anticipating the arrival of the card. It now shows a late fee for a payment that was due on July 7, 2021. If I have not received nor activated the card, why am I being billed a late fee. I didn't expect to pay for the hope of receiving the card. Still attempting to resolve this matter. My hope is if you as a consumer decide to apply for the card please be aware of my scenario.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a new card number when my mail was stolen. That was May, it's July now! Still waiting and being charged $12/ mo for the honor. Card was supposed to be here but never sent. Then they were going to send the same acct #. If you want good service, look elsewhere!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I'm so pissed. I applied for the Aspire master card only to get denied claiming my credit score is 589, which is a lie! My Fico score is 666. So I'm not sure what model they used maybe the vintage 9 but that not right. Anyway not knowing what score they will be using I ended up with a inquiry on my credit report which lowered my score. What a waste of time!!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Do not get this card! I made 3 small purchases and they suspended my account, said there were fraudulent activity, and could not get them to unlock it after verified they are mine. Got bill before card arrived.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Logging in my acct to make payments on my Aspire Visa card have not been an easy task - after I have already entered in payment info - there's nowhere I can click submit to submit a payment. I don't have time to dick around trying to move my cursor on the computer screen to process a payment. You guys should really improve on making payment easier.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I have had a credit card for a while thru Aspire. I have been paying my account off monthly for about 6 months. As of the middle of may I paid my $109.00 balance off then on June 2nd my account was compromised. I found out thru a email that charges were made that I had not made so I called them and said charges were made like $1.80, $2.00, then $10.00 then higher and higher in one day. Now knowing this doesn't seem right why would they accept these charges?? So now they are sending me more emails on more charges after I closed my account on june 2nd. I have been on the phone with them numerous times and getting nowhere. They said they will investigate it and I have to put on paper what I didn't charge. I told the representative that's easy..I haven't charged anything since May 16th.They said I need to put all charges on paper. How?? I don't get a statement in the mail just emails here and there and I didn't make this mistake, they did!! Sooo frustrated right now.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I got a pre approved letter in the mail for a $1500 Mastercard from aspirecreditcard.com, entered my pre approved code into the website, and answered all the questions correctly, my Fico score was 686 at the time, after hitting my credit with a hard inquiry they denied me. So they baited me with fake approvals only to deny me and hit my credit with a hard inquiry. For someone building credit this can be very detrimental, this hit dropped my score by 9 points. Thanks for the pain Aspire. CONSUMER BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS!!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I got a pre approval from this company for 2000 in March 2021, not that I needed it, but since it said no annual fees I figured I'd apply for it and cancel one. I was pay a yearly fee. Got approved and all their emails, when the card showed up, a week or so later I go to activate the card and find I I have a amount due for 59 dollars! A yearly fee and that fee every year after! So clearly they believe in baiting customers. They'd to call customer service to get hung up on three times when I tried to explain that this card wasn't suppose to to have a annual fee. I have paid their fee for the year since it hit my credit, but cut the card up and after the year I'll close the account so it doesn't damage my credit as bad. I am filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission about this because it is very misleading and many people need that extra money for other reasons rather than to be lied to by a bank.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Holy socks Batman. ): I applied for this Mastercard for rebuilding my credit, following the 2020 Covid downturn. I totally understood about the $35 annual fee, as that is common. But NOT the whopping $175 startup fee they automatically tacked on. NOT stated in the original disclosure agreement I downloaded. Very sneaky and conning. I won't be using this card.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I believe people are talking about two different cards. However The Aspire Visa was closed down. And the Aspire Mastercard is same company but similar. I received the Mastercard and I have had no problems. I believe if you get an offer for it and you need to build credit it's worth it. As long as you pay your balance in full each month.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This company closed my account over a merchant error of not having sufficient funds. I've had perfect payment history with them. I think they just want customers who will only pay the minimum due. I never received any return payment fee or even a statement from them that they were going to close it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Website says "down for maintenance" for over a month. Call center in South America. They know nothing. Read scripts. Avoid this "company". Very unprofessional for a bank card. Interest rates very high as are the fees. Avoid this company.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I received a few letters from them in the mail saying I was pre-approved. It took me years to build my credit score to what is is today which is good, not great but in the 700 range. I disregarded the first few letters as I didn't want another card with a yearly fee. Eventually I talked myself into it to use it to keep business expenses easily separated for taxes. the letters kept getting better as far as interest rate, yearly fee and credit line. So I went to sign up online with my acceptance code and came to a facial recognition page that matched up a pic of me with my license. That was a joke, apparently my 1 year old license pic didn't match up after 6 tries with phone and laptop so I emailed them.

After 2 emails they told me to screw off and wouldn't accept me or that there was any fault or problem on their end. Ok np, the letters kept coming, so 1 fail that put an inquiry on my report after the deals again got better I figured maybe they fixed the issue with facial recognition, so now my credit even better I tried again. This time no facial recognition, sweet! It wanted my bank info, np except my bank wasn't on there 20 bank list...however it let me bypass but again was denied. 2 inquiries on my report.. A couple months later again letters and this time a very good deal and yes was dumb enough to fall for it again, denied are 3 inquiries on my credit report and still no card.

The credit limits and interest rates they were offering me in my pre-approved letters couldn't possibly not accepted me for even lower limit and higher rates!! Makes no sense at all and huge waste of time and aggravation. Me just being the unlucky one, is a stretch to believe at this point. Good luck with this company. I am removing myself from their prescreen offers as I am not falling for it again to get 4th inquiry that was worthless and hurt more than helped at all.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I received a pre-approved letter for a Aspire credit card with a $700 credit limit. I figured I would apply for it to pay off a couple of bills. I turned the letter over to read the terms. Bozo the clown must wrote those terms because they are laughable. APR 36.00%, annual fee $175 for the first year then $49 every year after. $150.00 account maintenance fee and a late fee of $40 lol, I’m not that desperate. With all the negative reviews I can’t see how they got a 3 1/2 stars. Stay away from this company as far as you can.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I saw so many terrible reviews on this card so I was skeptical when they sent me an offer for $2000 limit, $0 annual fee and $0 maintenance fee. Interest is 25.99%. I'm post BK, 623 score...seems legit.

Aspire Visa Company Information