2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Aspire Visa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aspire Visa?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

In case anyone needs the "customer service" number, it's 800-348-8783. I've been paying on a closed account for almost 20 years. I'm afraid that when it's all finally paid off, they will still haunt me. I don't understand how it was a $1,000 limit and I'm still paying it off almost 20 years later.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had received a preauthorize invite from Aspire in the start of November 2019 so I decide to go forward and was approved for a new credit card with them. I was then told I would get the card in 7 to 10 business days. At the end of November I got a bill from them saying I owe $125 but I never got the card in the mail. I called them and was told to cancel and they would resend another card. Still to this day I never got a card. At this point I don't want an account with this company and I would highly suggest anyone else don't get caught up in their scam. I was looking for a card to rebuild my credit and not make it worse.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This card is awful, the account hasn't been open for very long and they closed the account. They did this without notifying me, the only way I found out was due to me getting alerts from Credit Karma. Budget Rent a Car sent a charge to the card that is obviously incorrect and the just shut the card down without a phone call. You would think the company is on their customer's side but no. So now I have this card on my credit which I will dispute. They are just bad for business and I wish I would have looked at review first. I don't even want to get started with their customer service... It's the worst!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

They use a method of holding available funds if the amount paid is over 50% of the balance for 5 business days. I'm sure this is to deter consumers from paying their balance in full to avoid interest. Their customer service is not knowledgeable and you will receive different answers from each representative. Just don't even open this card. There are better cards out there.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

This company I pay credit card on time and they say that two hours late it's a charge of 35 dollars. No other credit card company because of time change or hours charge or try to steal your money that way. You call customer service and they treat you like animal not professional the management told me and I told him, "You guys are pro at ripping people off."

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I received a pre-authorization and decided I would got approved and changed my mind. I tried calling customer service and it was automated as usual. It repeatedly would not accept my info so I could not cancel the card. I did find and speak to someone on a different number who said just don't activate the card but then I'm afraid I'm gonna get charged. Plus their yearly fee is too high. Crazy, I feel it's a scam because I should be able to reach someone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

A short time after I got this card, I realized what an awful company. When I had enough money to pay Aspire off and be done with them, I did so. So I asked them precisely what I owed to get the balance down to zero and close it out and I paid that. Then a few weeks later, I was hit with "trailing finance charges," and to this day, I don't know if it was legal on their part, but I paid them anyway. So this August, the account was finally removed from my credit history, bringing my Equifax score down 2 points. The thanks I get for leaving Aspire in good standing. From my POV, a terrible cc company and one to stay far, far away from.

Original review: July 22, 2017

My husband did file Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and Aspire disregards this fact, disregards our Lawyer's letters, keeps sending us statements with late fees. I assume if this ends to the court one day I will bring my bankruptcy file and my Lawyer will support the fact that the card was listed under the bankruptcy file and every attempt to collect a debt will consider as a way to violate any provision of the United States Bankruptcy Code. I see Aspire could go up to 10 years after people who did file a bankrupt. I am curious if there is any legal way to stop this before we actually go to the court where Aspire should pay a fine for disregarding the facts.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Got a notice for collection also for an Aspire Visa today for 2005. Called the collection company who said it was continuous which is absolute garbage. I may have had this card years prior that was under bankruptcy over at least 10 years ago. He did say it went to collection 2005, 2008 and 2009, he was speed talking also as if he didn't want me to hear what the actual spiel was. I'm guessing whoever collected my bankruptcy info disregarded it and passed it along to the next company to waste some time, because this is no longer or has never been a debt I carried. It's also quite possible theft, but as it hasn't been on my credit report for the last at least 10 years, it is in fact invalid.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I received in the mail on October 7, 2016 a Debt Collection from NCB Management Services Inc about an Aspire Visa Credit Card account in default of payment for $1891.03! To my surprise and bewilderment I NEVER applied for an Aspire Credit card and I never received a Visa Card from Aspire! I immediately contacted TransUnion and placed a Fraud Alert for my credit bureaus. Today, I filed an official Police Report for Identity Theft and will find out why I have this card in my name and possibly who has done this criminal act. I am trying to contact this company but it looks EXTREMELY "strange" and shady. In fact, I did NOT see any actual Customer Service Number to phone them only an Atlanta, Georgia P.O. Box address. This is purely unacceptable!

Aspire Visa Company Information