2. Shopping
  3. Personal Care Products

3.8/5 (190 ratings)

About Just For Men

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have been using this product for 7-8 years with no problems until recently! Serious adverse reaction to chemicals in the mix and had severe itching which turned into burning and peeling of my skin. It has been over 2 weeks and have not fully healed. I will never use this again! Test a spot before using on your beard or mustache!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Danger. After doing the 48hr test and on my 3rd beard application my face got extremely itchy, then started to swell with puss. I should of went to the hospital. This product needs to be pulled from the shelf.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Despite having done everything according to the instructions I.e the patch test, duration of how long to leave it on for before washing it off etc etc, yes it did dye the grey beard hairs but in doing so my face also died in a convulsion of blisters and weeping sores along with severe unbearable itching, long sleepless nights and stress related thoughts I eventually ended up in Accident and emergency with all the symptoms of Anaphylactic shock...I now have to carry an auto injector wherever I go, take steroid medication 4 times a day and be confronted with the facial scarring to my face and neck every time I look in the mirror after using this diabolical product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I had used and burning my face. Please dont use ..Is very chemical and dangerous. I have a strong impact burning my face ighting dry and painfully allergic and I destroy my face with that chemical product, they say make tes

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I've been using this product for years. It worked great. Over the past year, (2020, the train wreck year from hell) however it has been burning my face. Especially my upper lip area. When you first apply it, it seems okay. Then within the next 4 to 6 hours it starts to itch then the next day it's a complete ripped up burnt to shreds mess. I was using the green Medium Brown, so I thought maybe I just got a bad batch, so I switched to light blue, Light to Medium Brown color, but the same thing happened; even worse. I cannot believe that this company would put out a product so horrible. I never write reviews like this. Ever! Stay away from this product. I'm going to try and find an alternative. But I will never buy this crap again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

First time I used it, it looked good and did not seem to have too many bad effects, just slightly itchy, I soon developed a runny nose, chapped lips, thinking I had a summer cold. Next time I used it, the beard area was terribly itchy and nose running constantly and could not stop itching... and my lips started to peel. This stuff is toxic like many have said, very bad, stay away from it. This actually should not be sold at all, very toxic.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This product is not worth the money. It does not apply pigmentation. Do not waste your time or money on Just For Men. Product does not have a good quality dye. It’s best to buy Wella hair dye at Sally Beauty.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I’ve used this product for at least five years with satisfactory results and no side effects. However in the past few applications the product has suddenly caused extreme itching, localized redness and a mild blotchy allergic reaction spreading across my entire face. Also, the product is much less effective; only covering gray for about three days before washing away completely. The manufacturer (Combe) better take action very quickly or they’re going to lose their market dominance for men’s grooming.

Original review: May 23, 2020

So I am a first time user of JFM beard. I went looking to see if others had experience similar to mine. Now I feel thankful my was mild compared to others. Think it weird the burning happens 2 to 5 days after application. Apparently others are having issues with the JFM product as well. My guess is they changed vendor to save money which may end up costing them more in the long run as I found a pending Class Action. The color match perfectly but between it lasting only 5 days and the burning and itching, I'll look to try something else for now.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Keep away from this product. Leave it on the shelf. Don't try it. After years of using this product I have had a few years break from it then used it again 16/04/2020. I used the hair dye and the beard dye. I woke at around 3am in agony and could not breath. I had a shower to shampoo my hair to try and make sure I could again try and clear my head and face from any dye. I shaved my beard off immediately. It took me three hours to get my breath back. Today I sit here and my face is swollen, red and sore to touch. I put olive oil in my hair to try and stop the dye continuing and showered and shampooed it out and I have some relief on the itching all over my scalp and will do it again soon.

My face is distorted and swollen out of recognition and puss oozing out of sores as my skin was stripped away from this product. My lips are sore and cannot eat. I am putting moisturiser on my face that gives some relief as I want to make sure my skin stays elastic and to try and not coarse long term defects as I have read happens. I am in hope this passes in a few days but read this could take weeks if not years. I am in absolute distress as I am in lockdown from the coronavirus and alone with this and feel like crying because of the pain. I do not want to go to hospital and open myself up to coronavirus and die from the virus so I have to do this all alone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use this product, or any product from this company.

Just For Men Company Information