Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I started dying my beard few months ago. The first time when I bought it, it worked well without any issues or side effects. This is my second time that I bought JFM 55 (Dec-2019). I had that burning sensation, irritation white fluid coming out of the pores of the beard area which later turned yellow (puss). I really thought that it's some kind of allergy. The condition lasted about 5 days. 2 days ago (01-21-20) I used it again and same thing happened. Irritation, swelling, stiff chin and puss. I did that for a job interview which I doubt that I will be able to go now after using this poisonous product. Right now I am thinking about going to ER. Last night when I slept, I woke up with 3 stains of puss (Yellow fluid/discharge from the wound under my beard and mustache. Two stains were on my t-shirt and 1 on my pillow. I wanna know if together we can file a lawsuit against this poisonous product.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've been using this product for a few years now without any problems. Now I've been getting the most horrendous side effects. She'll be itchy and my face really irritated. The worst side effect of all is my lip swelling to an enormous size and the most awful sticky clear/yellowish liquid is coming out that would scab awfully and look like I was in a horror film. Inside my lip, hard lumps would appear. I saw dermatologists and doctors and I was being tested for so many things (herpes, even AIDS!) Hair dye was not one of the things that was mentioned to me but it had to be more than coincidence that within days of applying it I would be having these side effects again.

Embarrassment at work... My self-confidence dropped. I would avoid facing people. But like a fool, I would continue using this, believing it couldn't be the dye. I applied it yesterday, and lo and behold, last night my chin was so itchy and this morning my lip is swollen, the skin above my lip has red bumps that are really sore -and I deliberately didn't even apply this to my moustache area! I did a web search today and found this site showed similar reviews. I am relieved that I am not alone in this yet upset. I'll look for pictures to attach of how bad it gets. NEVER buying this again. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have been using Just for Men Black dye products just about every week for over 10 years with no problem until last few months. Now I experience itchy scalp the day after applying which go on for a couple of days. I will be returning the unopen boxes I have and will enter the silver fox days with gray hair.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Applied mixed cream for 5 mins. Felt ok for a few hours then the bad itching started. Carried on for 3 days. This product is poison. Yes my beard is nice color but is it worth the pain. I dont think I will use again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

So, I've been using Just For Men for probably 10+ years with absolutely no problem...Until now!! I went to the drug store and purchased a large stockpile of JFM hair dye because I like to keep lots on hand for convenience. Anyway, I think I noticed the box design had changed but thought nothing of it. I applied the new product on my face and felt a slight more of a burn and again thought nothing of it...until the next day!! Holymotherofgod!!! My face felt like someone threw bleach or chlorine on my face and rubbed poison ivy on it!! My face swelled up, it was red all over, itched like crazy and puss started to ooze out of it. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do or how to treat it, I just thought i'd ride it out.

Well, after about a week it kinda started to heal but not without extreme discomfort, puss from my face and a lot of facial scabs causing dandruff which was incredibly embarrassing. The really weird and scary thing is that although most of my face seems to have healed, I developed a large patch very itchy, red and bumpy hives on my left arm, a small patch on my chest and a couple itchy small ones on my right arm, all of which have lasted for the last 8+weeks and going. My fave still itches not as bad as initially but after 8+ weeks you'd think I would have been done. Anyway, I believe this new formula Just For Men has created is extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible to be on the market. After my horrible experience, I don't care even if they recall the current product and admit their mistake I will never use Just For Men again! DON"T BUY JUST FOR MEN DYE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

JFM - Dark Brown. I have been a user of JFM for past 6 years or so and I never had problems till last one year. When applied to my mustache area (Twice a Week), the area has become very irritated and itchy with some clear sticky liquid oozing out continuously. It is causing lot a pain and irritation in that area, which is quite an embarrassing situation for anyone to be in. The product's quality has fallen drastically and appears to be extremely dangerous to use. As I read from other reviews here, it appears if I stop using this product, my condition may alleviate. Even when used on scalp, it is forming hives and some liquid is secreting making the hair also sticky. The product could be carcinogenic. STAY AWAY FROM ALL JFM.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I’ve used this product for years with no issues, and now suddenly after the past 3-4 uses on my chin, I starting getting bad itches and scars. Now tonight, my chin is really swollen???? Something changed in this product and everyone is facing it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I used Just for Men mustache dye for years on my brows. I used dark blonde. Then the past year it just hasn't been working to color my gray. I tried darker colors, many even black. What the heck happened to the formula?? Very disappointed. Don't know what to use now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Hi. I have used this product weekly for honestly 15-20 yrs. Suddenly around 4-5 uses ago I had an allergic reaction and don’t know why. Since then, thinking it was a one off, I have had burning skin and scabs on my scalp and under my beard. I just had it happen again tonight 10/10/19 and I have to stop using it. I decided to look it up as I was certain they have changed formula and see all these posts. Most of them revealing this has only just started. WTF?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was unaware of problems with Just For Men until today. Approximately 2 years ago I used Just for Men Beard Dye to prepare for a friend's wedding. When I woke up the next morning my face was swollen, oozing a clear viscous fluid, blisters and redness under my beard and down my neck and had difficulty in breathing. I spent hours in the emergency room while they treated me for the reaction I had. There was a lot of urgency on behalf of the emergency room staff. Since that time my immune system has been compromised and I continually break out in hives all over my body. These continued reactions of created nothing but continued issues for me, issues that I still suffer from to this day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT... It needs to be pulled from the shelves.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Just For Men Company Information