Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Just For Men Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2020

I’ve used this product for at least five years with satisfactory results and no side effects. However in the past few applications the product has suddenly caused extreme itching, localized redness and a mild blotchy allergic reaction spreading across my entire face. Also, the product is much less effective; only covering gray for about three days before washing away completely. The manufacturer (Combe) better take action very quickly or they’re going to lose their market dominance for men’s grooming.

Original review: May 23, 2020

So I am a first time user of JFM beard. I went looking to see if others had experience similar to mine. Now I feel thankful my was mild compared to others. Think it weird the burning happens 2 to 5 days after application. Apparently others are having issues with the JFM product as well. My guess is they changed vendor to save money which may end up costing them more in the long run as I found a pending Class Action. The color match perfectly but between it lasting only 5 days and the burning and itching, I'll look to try something else for now.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Keep away from this product. Leave it on the shelf. Don't try it. After years of using this product I have had a few years break from it then used it again 16/04/2020. I used the hair dye and the beard dye. I woke at around 3am in agony and could not breath. I had a shower to shampoo my hair to try and make sure I could again try and clear my head and face from any dye. I shaved my beard off immediately. It took me three hours to get my breath back. Today I sit here and my face is swollen, red and sore to touch. I put olive oil in my hair to try and stop the dye continuing and showered and shampooed it out and I have some relief on the itching all over my scalp and will do it again soon.

My face is distorted and swollen out of recognition and puss oozing out of sores as my skin was stripped away from this product. My lips are sore and cannot eat. I am putting moisturiser on my face that gives some relief as I want to make sure my skin stays elastic and to try and not coarse long term defects as I have read happens. I am in hope this passes in a few days but read this could take weeks if not years. I am in absolute distress as I am in lockdown from the coronavirus and alone with this and feel like crying because of the pain. I do not want to go to hospital and open myself up to coronavirus and die from the virus so I have to do this all alone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use this product, or any product from this company.

Original review: April 6, 2020

CAUTION!!!! STOP!!!! Do not use Just for Men. I strongly recommend you to NOT USE Just For Men Mustache & Beard. I have no skin problem, I'm very healthy with no allergies at all, and never had any problems with my skin as well. I used on April /6/2020 the Just for Men Mustache & Beard, After the test on a small area, I applied the product for 5 min as recommended and I washed my face. The beard looks good, (I don't have a long beard) not fully died but acceptable. A couple of hours after I applied, I started fell very uncomfortable after all the reactions. Blisters all over my face, my cheek is keeping swollen, aching, and burning sensation as well. I'm deformed right now. DON'T USE THIS POISON. Google this product review and you will see all over the internet how bad are the reactions. My bad experience doesn't have to be yours.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Caution! Do not used Just for Men Control GX unless you want to go bald. Been using this product for over a year and now my hair is thinning and am getting a bald spot on top. Always had thick full hair before using this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have been using JFM for twenty plus years and never ever had a problem until this past summer when I would have itching after use. Since my hair is short, I usually use it twice a month, and have done so like I said for twenty years without any problems. I recently had surgery and have not been able to use the product for a month and of course I went totally gray. I had absolutely no itching since I stopped for the month. I was able to use it a couple nights ago with help because I really hate having gray hair, and now I am itching a lot again in my scalp and beard, and the skin on the right side of my face to the top of my scalp actually hurts to the touch.

I used to tell people how great this product was because it worked so well. I also thought that perhaps the ingredients changed because it not only caused itching and redness, the color does not stay as it did in previous years. I don’t know what I am going to do or what other product I can try because I really do not like having the gray hair and I hope JFM is reading these comments and can perhaps reevaluate the formula because they are losing long time customers.... I am a 20+ year steady customer, but now I am forced to stop using the product because the discomfort is now out of control. I certainly would try to use it again if there is a positive revision in the formula.

I never write reviews or comments but after reading all the comments from other users who are experiencing the same reaction I have been experiencing, I felt I needed to also write about my experience. Once again this product was #1 in my experience for two decades but something has obviously changed in the ingredients.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I’m quite sure most reading this are currently experiencing itching, burning and yellow puss all over the areas that they applied Just for Men beard dye. I am writing this to offer some comfort to folks who are currently in what I call the freak-out stage. Like others I have used Just for Men previously with no issues. Two weeks ago I used the same as previous applications, and within 10-12 hrs after application I experienced the worst itching burning sensation ever in my life. I wanted to rip my face off. I applied aloe vera during the day and at night I alternated with antibiotic ointment and medicated honey. To help with sleeping I took an antihistamine, which provided minimal comfort (minimal was better than nothing). The itching lasted 4-5 full days. The yellow puss and crusting lasted about 3-4 days.

I used the aloe liberally throughout the day. It soaks into your skin and does not leave your beard oily or greasy. Think of this chemical burn as a really bad sunburn. After 7 days I finally felt like I was getting better. Between 7-14 days I experienced severely flaking skin and each day noticed the redness starting to fade away a bit. It’s now 14 full days and I finally feel like I’m getting back to normal. Also, guys keep hydrated, drink lots of water. You will get through this, everyone will experience something different, but generally it looks like everyone goes through the same scary stages. I’m not a doctor, so for folks who are experience some of the more severe swelling and difficulty swallowing, please seek medical attention. Hopefully you guys currently in the itching and yellow puss stage find some comfort and relief after reading this review. Good Luck. Shame on drugstores for selling such a dangerous product.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Same as others have written here. I've successfully used this product for years. This past fall after using it, my face developed a full bleeding rash with yellow puss that dried into a crystal-like crust. I went to do the doc and he thought it might be contagious and I had to stop all social events for a week, and I eventually healed with topical and pill antibiotics. Fast forward three months and I try this product again and the same thing happens. I had not made the connection the first time. How can this company sell this product? It's a product that goes on your skin, and burns it off. I'm not allergic to any other product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Used this product for almost 10 years, no problem, until recently, a couple months ago. I noticed my beard started to itch. Since I kept my beard very low, I just assumed it was maybe a few ingrown hairs. You know the beard hair curling and prickly into your skin. That's what I thought. I would apply the dye like once a week (every 4 days or so).

This went on for over 2 months until through the process of elimination, I finally realized my face was burning from the dye. I had no clue. It had been working perfectly for years? But the story gets worse. I stopped the dye. The allergic reaction on my face slowly went away... But this entire time, my lower lip was chapped. I had no clue it was related as I assumed it was the colder weather season. The allergic reaction to the dye caused my lower lip to become swollen and inflamed. The reaction has subsided, but now, my lower lip started to show hyperpigmentation, almost like if I've been smoking a lot (and I don't smoke at all).

After countless hours, I've discovered it to be "Pigmented Contact Cheilitis"...which is caused by the allergic reaction to 'Paraphenylenediamine' (PPD) which is a chemical substance that is widely used as a permanent hair dye (which is found in Just For Men). Its been 4 weeks since my last use. My lips aren't chapped, no reaction, but I'm left with hyperpigmentation which now I'm making my rounds to every dermatologist specialist to seek treatment for hyper-pigment in lips. I've spent almost $500 so far on lip treatments. It's been a pain. Ugh! Feel free to contact me if you're going through this. I'm happy to chat and share my treatment. - Mike (email: **)

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Stay away from this product. Used for. Year before no issues.. Then when started using it again within hours face had gone red around beard line...woke up to a swollen neck pus weeping sores and the itching is unbearable. A week later still not healed, lips were burnt, blisters in corner of my mouth and now I have developed hives all over my legs which I have never experienced before.. This stuff is poison and Just For Men know it. Someone needs to be held accountable for this crap.. It’s ruining people’s lives.. disgusting product..

Just For Men Company Information