1.10/5
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

791 Just For Men Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Wow! When I read all of these recent reviews it made me wonder how this company is still selling this product. Like many of you, I have used Just for Men for years with no issues. A few months ago I dyed my hair. Within a week I started noticing my scalp itching, then dandruff. I went and got my hair cut and within 2 days I had a rash all over my body, and my scalp was bright red under the hair that had previously covered it. The skin condition lasted over 2 months and was treated by 2 dermatologists that had no idea what it was. They just said it was some type of dermatitis. My scalp is still screwed up with scaly patches. I have been on prescription shampoo, lotion, steroid creme, and steroids in the pill form. Nothing has worked. This has been miserable. It is embarrassing to even get a haircut. What I am wondering is how this product has not been pulled, and why there is not a class action lawsuit going on. Pretty pissed off.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I too have used JFM for years. However, lately I have noticed that I would itch a lot. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it until today when I discovered my face had a huge blister on it, like a chemical burn. I'm done and I will see you in court JFM!!!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I've been using Just for Men for almost 7 years. Never had any problem but was easy and quick to use. But recently I had burning itching mostly between chin and lips and itching all over. I don't understand what acid they added in a good product and made it crappy. Goodbye Just for Men.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have used Just For Men Mustache & Beard for about 10 years or more without any negative reactions. That all changed in about the last 4 or 5 months. My lips have gotten dry, and a pale raw look. Lips have become itchy, tingling, throbbing, swollen, slightly swollen, and a thin scab above the top lip. It's a terrible feeling. My lips get irritated when I eat anything that is spicy, this has never happened before. I didn't even know that this product was the cause of this terrible reaction, because I had used it for so many years in the past, what has changed? Are they using a cheaper chemical mix/compound? I noticed that every time I used this in the past the past couple of months that my lips would have this negative reaction to this product. I won't use this product anymore. It is a chemical poison, skin and lip irritant.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Excellent product. Works just the way it's stated on the box. Thankfully I wasn't allergic to any of the chemical ingredients. If you are allergic that's not the company's fault. It's just one of those things. I have several food allergies. It's not the food's fault, nor the supermarket. It's just my body chemistry. GREAT PRODUCT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Update on 6/9/18: I wrote a review previously about JFM and I didn't specify that I gave my 5 star review of the SHAMPOO. Not the dye. I used the comb thru dye applicator a few times with no problems but my 3 month success so far has been with the shampoo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have used Just For Men hair and beard since I was 20 yrs old with no problems. I'm 51 now and stopped using the products because of severe redness, burning, swelling of my face. Severe burning, itching and blisters on my skin under my mustache and goatee and around my scalp line. A lot of pain also. I quit using Just for Men 6 months ago and all symptoms still come back without warning.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Yep I'm another in the same situation. Using the Just For Men beard dye for years with very little issues at all. The last few times I've used this product I've been severely burnt and blistered. Also I've found the intensity of the chemical burnt goes on for around two weeks. Incredibly painful and irritating to a point you have difficulty sleeping. The new product is really terrible stuff, I dont wish the experience on anybody. My only hope is it doesnt leave any lasting effects. The severity is so intense it would surprise me at all. What has this company done to a good product? What is this company doing still selling this horror product.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Not sure what they changed, but my head is on fire, it feels sun burnt after using JFM. I had used this off and on for years with no issues, but from all the complaints here, they changed something recently. Even left a "nice" stain on my bald spot, never did that before. It's going to be a "fun" day at work tomorrow.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have used the Just For Men product for 10 years. In March 2018 I purchased a new box and applied it. My beard got very itchy and felt burnt - it even blistered and I went to my dermatologist thinking it was something else. I tried it again yesterday and now have itchy bumps not just on my beard where I applied but also on arms and stomach. If they have changed their formula they need to tell everyone and yank this product from the shelves. I just googled and came to this out and am horrified at the number of people who have the same issues.

Updated on 05/09/2018: I have had a similar burning and allergic reaction - and posted a previous post earlier. After posting I picked up the phone and called 800-431-2610 - and spoke to the Consumer Resources rep. She stated that the formula has not changed and asked me to send the package back in an envelope she will be sending to me. She seemed initially not to believe me that the product caused the issue - it was only after I told her that I had to go to a dermatologist who verified that my reaction was allergic did she start asking me details. I asked her to recall the product before someone is seriously injured. Please call this number and talk to them - they need to recall this product before someone goes into a fatal anaphylactic shock.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Have used JFM product (hair coloring) for a few years to touch up some grey areas at the temple with no problems and almost always buy it online from Amazon. Upon using the product I purchased in late March (a day ago) I developed swelling, open sores and severe itching at all the areas I used the product within a short period of time. This used to be a great product for me to touch up my hair from time to time, but now after this total discomfort and scary reaction, I'll never use it again. I'm hoping the red sores and swelling will clear up soon!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I’ve been using JFM black beard dye every week for around 7 years without issue. I bought my last box on Amazon in March and within days of using it my beard and face became extremely itchy and my lips became very sore and completely scabbed over. So bad were my lips that I had to visit the doctors for antibiotic cream and it caused much embarrassment at work as I work in a client facing role. Every night I struggle to sleep due to the extreme itching. I’ve only just put two and two together and realised all these symptoms started just after my last purchase of JFM. I’ve also noticed that I experience a burning sensation when applying to my skin that I never did before. Throwing this box away right now. JFM need to come clean if the formula has changed.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Used Just For Men black color beard dye for years and it caused itching for weeks and burned my chin and below my bottom lip causing a permanent skin scar that is very visible. My chin also has scars and above my upper lip left side under my mustache below my nose. I can't shave my goatee or mustache because of scarring. Had to heal it myself with antibiotic cream. Had to use the cheaper coloring product that washes out to keep my beard dark to hide scars. Full beard now permanently. Threw out all remaining boxes. Never touch the poison again. Thought I could trust a socially available product.

Original review: April 23, 2018

OMG, two weeks ago I used JFM and had the same thing happen to me. My skin went from being normal to feeling like it was getting burnt with a torch. I was in some serious pain, so I washed my hair out as fast as possible, but within ten minutes my skin on my neck and cheeks started to blister up and turn bright red. This product has something wrong with it, and it needs to be pulled ASAP from the store shelves before it does even worse damage, like kill someone.

It's been two weeks now and I still have some signs of my skin still being affected by the Just For Men's product. 2 weeks of blisters, red skin, burning skin, cracking skin, and then drying up and popping blisters. JFM you need to cover my lost wages for making me be forced to stay home and hide from the world because of what your dye did. I felt so embarrassed and humiliated because I looked like my face exploded. So thanks for making me go through two weeks plus of hell. I will be in contact buddies. You all have some explaining to do.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Testifying along with all the others I have read on here who have used JFM for years without any problem and then starting with my last box which I purchased a month ago I started getting the same kind of miserable rash. Looks like I need to start searching for another brand.

Original review: April 15, 2018

"Hindsight is 20/20." I went on here to research if anyone else had experienced this horrible irritation, orange watery/pussy bumps in my skin and was amazed at all the reviews of so many having the same experience! I really wish I would have done my research first before trying this atrocious product - this company should be sued out of existence for putting something this discomforting and dangerous on the market. I thought I would try to eliminate my greys before a wedding in a few days and now I am worried these blotches won't go away! Furthermore, I am in sales and this could affect my job if I don't get rid of these disgusting, leaking bumps. Horrible - DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Used JFM M45 for over five years with no complaints. Used a new box in late March 2018 and had severe irritation, red welts appeared, unending itching. Shaved my beard and used Neosporin (it's all I had). Took about four days for my skin to become normal again. Dumb me, thinking the rash was due to an aged box of JFM, I tried a new box of M45 this evening. Same rash, irritation, itching; (so I shaved and used my neosporin again). If it helps, I purchase all my JFM from Walmart. I have noticed Walmart has a difficult time keeping the shelves stocked over the last four months. Thought the product was just becoming more popular; but perhaps their production has gone down because they are literally hurting people. I am done with JFM. People say I look younger shaven anyway. Hope someone gets these removed from shelves and sues the hell out of this company.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Used mustache & beard dye yesterday evening, 12-4 2018. Within 10 minutes itching followed by swelling to face & neck. The following day had got worse! Pharmacy suggested antihistamines. Still early days but experience I have already had is enough to put anyone off this product! I have used before with no side effects and I carried out pre test procedure with no reaction. Reading other reviews I agree something has changed. Do not use! It is downright dangerous???

Original review: April 11, 2018

Just For Men hair/beard dye - I been using this for months only to realize a bump on my chin that keeps running water/pus...then about 5 days ago started again. That ** burnt my face so bad I’m so embarrassed...now I have bumps running water and my grey hairs still there. I want to sue these ** or someone should. I want to go into stores and knock all of the shelves. That’s how pissed I am.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Just For Men Mustache & Beard: As I sit here with ice on my face researching what can be done about all the blistering and itching, I'm amazed at how many others have the same problem! I HAVE used it in the past and, after using it yesterday, I'm now in the same boat! I tried ** cream and that made the burning even worse so I just washed it off. Simple hand lotion does help relieve the pain and itching but obviously does nothing for a cure. I just hope it doesn't last for days and weeks like some other people have said. I've already thrown it away but still have the box. NEVER AGAIN! I will also certainly not recommend it either.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I used this product for months without any issues at all. Then for no reason 24hrs after last use my face and chin were itchy as hell and red raw. Tiny blisters that ooze orange liquid down your chin. Takes ages to clear too. I got in touch with Just For Men and all they would do is refund the purchase price of the box. Nothing to compensate for the inconvenience and painful hell that it caused me. I told them it should be withdrawn from sale as it was dangerous. But they did no such thing. Still widely available ready for the next poor fella to buy it and wreck his face! I am not and have never been allergic to anything apart from this. Seems weird how I wasn’t allergic before though after using it many times in the past. NEVER AGAIN. VERY DANGEROUS PRODUCT!

Original review: April 8, 2018

All I can say is for weeks I have had terrible breakouts just as described by everyone and even got patch tested which came up positive for a number of chemical. As I was doing my research on JFM I decided to check the ingredients against my list and nothing came up until I saw these reviews and now the mystery is solved! I have all of the symptoms of those on this site! It’s at least good to know the source of my problem!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have used JFM beard dye numerous times and have had very minor irritation. However, I used this product three days ago and now I have a severe chemical burn on my face. The irritation and itching was so bad I shaved my beard off and my entire face is scorched. This is completely unacceptable!!! I will never use this product again and I will tell everyone I know to stay away! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have been using JFM beard dye for 7 to 8 yrs & always have been a happy customer until a few months ago. Noticed some itching on face but not really annoying until last 2 weeks after applying JFM that it severely made my both sides of the face from sideburns down to my chin break out with red lump & lips. A burning sensation with sore throat, I'm on medication to hopefully calm it down but I recommend that no one should buy this product as it has changed its formula & have to go through this pain & stress like I'm living.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am not sure if they changed chemicals in Just For Men beard coloring. I have used for years then all of sudden I was extremely burned. It has been a horrible experience. I looked information and others also have been injured. I have tried to reach out to them with no response. Do not use this dangerous product. I do not want you to go through this.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I applied Just for Men as directed yet after showering I had a burning sensation in my eyes accompanied later by a crushing headache. The following day my blood pressure spiked so high I had to go to the emergency room. The headaches continued for weeks after the initial exposure behind my eyes and severe tension in the back of my neck yet the most troubling issue is the seemingly permanent damage it did to my eyesight. Halos around oncoming headlights and a smoky film around all indoor lighting has persisted since the exposure 4 months ago. I've been to an Ophthalmologist twice with no relief. I was prescribed ** (very expensive) but it only increased the severity of the headaches. If are thinking about using this product think twice. The results can be damaging and permanent.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Just as I’m reading review after review, I’ve been using JFM for beards for about 10 years or so. I went online because I still have the tubes I used in Feb ‘18 where I got a terrible reaction and was thinking it was a one-time thing & was thinking of trying again. But I’m thankful I checked because all of these numerous reports were very similar to my reaction or worse. My face got extremely dry and painful where I did not want to go outside. After about a week after trying different moisturizers & not getting any better, I started getting open sores on my back, arms & hands. Wondering what was going on and still having severe pain in my face, I went to the doctor where he put me on a week's worth of antibiotics. Finally it cleared a few days later, but as an outside sales rep I had to make excuses for my appearance for about 3 weeks! Shame on JFM for releasing this product & they deserve a class action suit.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I've always used ION professional hair color (permanent). After years of using this product I got tired of the burning itch. I decided to try Just for Men beard color. Following the directions, including the 24 hour patch test, and thoroughly washing it out in 4 minutes. I carefully brushed in "on" my mustache and beard. Then carefully wide combed it through. Knowing the roots would still show gray but completely keeping it off of my skin. After 4 minutes, then 3 shampoos the color was absolute perfection! I had red itchy skin but not overwhelming.

Four days later it was practically gone, faded off. I reapplied using the same procedure but left it in for five minutes, as directed. Same red itchy skin although no actual gel touched it. I figured it was close enough that the fumes caused it. Again, a week later, gone. I waited two weeks from the second application to be sure my skin was ready again. Third time, same process. FIVE days later my mustache and, goatee and chin beard area of skin is absolutely unbelievable!! Gross, I know but... Chunks of thick hard white skin are hanging off. I actually have 3 lesions. Sitting at my desk a customer asked if I was okay, I said, "Sure why?" She said, "There is a lot of blood coming from your chin." I went to the mirror and these open gashes were flowing. I estimated over a 1/4 cup of blood.

I went to my Dr. and he said I have severe "excoriation". He said he has had many patients over the years with the same affliction and they were all from "Just for Men". He said it should have been taken off the market years ago. He told me I am going to have major scarring. He prescribed ** cream USP 100,000! He told me to use it 3 times a day and to wear a paper mask over my chin. He said with the severely deep and open lesions, it would be very easy to get an infection. Obviously he advised me to never touch it again and said he has told all of his similar patients they should seek legal counsel against Combe Inc. as these scars will be similar to suture scars!

I am speaking with attorneys now that feel this will be filed as a class action lawsuit. Regardless what is mentioned in the warnings, this product is and has been causing extreme cosmetic disfiguration. I will now have to always have a gray beard. I can't shave it because I look like a two hundred year old monster beneath it!!! *If you are concerned enough, about your appearance, to color your hair; be concerned enough for your health and stay away and advise friends to stay far away from this product!!!

Original review: March 11, 2018

Dye for beard and mustashe - I've been using Just For Men beard and mustache for 3 years. Never had a problem... all of a sudden HORRIFIC itching, skin burning, bleeding under the beard. Itching comes about 24 hrs after apply. New chemicals cause severe suffering, discomfort and agitation. JFM is wrong for changing chemicals without notice... NEVER had a problem until now! The bleeding, burning, itching feels like hell. You guys need to be held accountable for this quickly! Not right. We pay money for your product and NOW receiving pain and bleeding. I hope this gets investigated because without a doubt some chemical aspect has been changed without a revised noticed! Never ever again. My face underneath my beard has always been smooth and NOW scabs and blisters??? PISSED!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have used Just for Men beard/mustache dye, Medium Brown for 3 years now. The last two times, I have experienced a burning of the skin under my mustache and my upper lip. The first time I incorrectly assumed I had possibly made a mistake in mixing the two ingredients. After the second time, I realized that it was an issue with the product and not me. While researching online, I found out that many others had experienced this issue. There is a warning on the packaging, but I had experienced no side effects up until this point. I had been using the product approximately once every 15-20 days with no issues. The company states that there has not been a chemical change to the product in 7 years.

Original review: March 10, 2018

As in many other cases noted here I have used the Just For Men products, the original hair colors, the beard and mustache and recently the new Shampoo. In approx 15 years of on and off use I never had a problem, then around the start of February I developed what I thought was ingrown hairs on the hairline on my neck, then rather than getting better it started to spread and I got blisters that are very painful, itchy and will bleed or discharge a puss if scratched too hard. There has obviously been a change of some kind unless the newest shampoo that gradually changes has a ingredient that causes this but with all the other reviews of similar problems I believe it is a formula change. I am about to call the doctor and get prescription meds, this is miserable and I have tried different mild shampoos and lotions and may get a slight relief for short term but no healing.

Just For Men Company Information