1.07/5

884 Just For Men Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

Hello, On Sunday, May 12th, 2019, I used JFM beard color solution as directed on the product box and after applying, my chin and jaw areas began to itch. Then about an hour later, blisters were visible in those areas. It is Wednesday, the 15 2019 and my face is still itching like crazy with the visible blisters.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've used the product before and never had a problem. My last box caused severe blistering, burning, scabbing, and total discomfort. I see a lot of other with same complaint. Fix ingredients or whatever to what worked before.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Have used this product previously but noticed new packaging this time around without any warning of ingredient changes! Skin tested too on chest without a problem. Following use of Just for Men my scalp has burn blisters all over which are constantly bursting and weeping plasma. The whole area is inflamed red and most of my head including my forehead is massively swollen! I had to go to A&E for treatment, antibiotics and penicillin! Has ruined a last in a lifetime family reunion for me! DO NOT USE!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I bought this in March 2019, (light brown) tested it on my chest. It was fine, used it, less than 5 min on the face, washed off the in the shower. CHEMICAL BURN! Blisters that weep, red all over face and neck down to arms, throat closed up, lips blew up. Felt like a blowtorch to the face. Took 6 ** and passed out. Ended up in ER with steroid drip, and 4 other medicines that I now have to take for 2 weeks. Have to get **. It's been 3 days and it is still burning and red. Most likely a scarred face just because I wanted to look a bit younger for a job interview.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I've used this product for well over a decade 2 x per week (I keep my beard very short), with no problems until around February 2019. I bought the same M-30 Light Brown Mustache and Beard dye I've used successfully for years. This time I started to developed severe rash and itch on just my beard area. I thought it must be some other facial product such as a soap, bath wash or cleanser. I eliminated everything to see what was causing this new problem on my face. After seven weeks of elimination, trial and error, the only thing that is consistent is that only when I use Just For Men mustache and beard dye (both M-30 and M-35) did my face have these really bad breakouts. I've stopped using this product and my face has cleared up. I wonder if JFM changed the formula or manufacturer of the JFM that starting hitting the selves early in 2019?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have used this product for years. Today, I am suffering from burns on my chin. Fortunately I only have a goatee and not a full beard. I would recommend staying away from this product. There is a warning inside, but the burning has never happened before.

Original review: April 6, 2019

JFM has changed the formula and never tested the effects properly on human skin, otherwise this mess wouldn't affect thousands of customers. JFM has changed the color of the plastic container as well so they can locate the new formula in case of recall or something bad like this. I can't even imagine how much they pay by lobbying to keep this poison on the shelves. There was zero warning or information that they changed the ingredients. I have been using this product for five years but all of the sudden the last application messed me up big time. My skin has an open wound and looks like it burnt by fire, this is scary stuff and this company is 100% responsible and they know it. Guys, please avoid this terrible chemical poison!!!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have been using this product for years, the past 6 months they must have changed something in the product. It burnt my skin getting it red and irritated. A few of my friends use the product and the same thing is suddenly happening after we all used it for years. Can anyone tell me what is going on? And what has changed?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I just finally realized that JFM is the cause behind all this itchiness, dryness and blisters that keep coming back. I have been using them for a while, but back in February, I started having issues after applying the H45 Dark brown mustache and beard. I had blisters, secretion and all, went to a doctor who mentioned fungus infection, stop shaving for a while thinking it was the daily shaving. Applied it a second time, same result and again left the beard grey out. As soon as I applied it this morning, I'm back with the same discomfort of burning, itching, hoping that I will not have the blisters for a third time. I finally realized it JFM causing this. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Like many of the reviews on here, I have been using Just For Men beard dye with no previous irritation. However, the last couple of applications have caused blisters and redness and the worst itching ever. My local doctor subscribed antibiotics and was treating this as impetigo. This seemed to clear it up but came straight back with a vengeance on subsequent application of JFM. Hard to sleep at night as it feels like my chin is constantly leaking/weeping. Something has changed, best avoided.

Original review: March 16, 2019

My beard started going gray. Used Just For Men, burned my chin. It was bad - a crazy experience. Couldn’t sleep due to itching and burning. After a couple of day had to shave it all off and I look like a freak now with a red bumpy chin. Hoping it goes or will have seek medical attention.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I used both hair and beard products and I have been sick for over a year. Scalp blew up like a balloon and oozed yellow puss. Face burnt red for months. I now constantly break out in hives and always feel sick. Do not use this stuff.

Original review: March 12, 2019

This product should be banned. After minutes of my first use of Just for Men Moustache and Beard Dark Brown M45 I got a severe allergy reaction. My face become all red, swollen and my skin so hard that looked like tumors. In the next morning a lot of rashes and blisters appeared with blood and pus all over my face and the itchiness was so bad that was unbearable.

It’s been 3 days using **, ** cream and ** and my face is still pretty bad, but better than yesterday. I didn’t go to the hospital because I’m without insurance right now, but I can say I’m very afraid. If my face don’t get better until the end of the week I’ll have to go to the hospital. I can’t even get out of my home because it’s really ugly all this blood and pus coming out of me. If I had the money I would probably get a lawyer to sue them for selling a product that does that to your skin. I spent a lot of money with medication and I’ll probably have to spent more with a hospital to get better. I have pictures of how my face is.

Original review: March 11, 2019

After using M-35 I had the same reaction described by other had to shave to see what was going on. Skin has a blister type rash with itching and burning looks horrible, very uncomfortable and I’m embarrassed to be seen like this. It’s 3/10/19. I hope it doesn’t get worse. After having this horrible experience I will have to keep my beard clean shaven. I hope it doesn’t get worse; I also feel like my whole body is on fire. I feel extremely hot. Don’t know what step to take next. I may have visit a dermatologist. But I can’t afford to take off from work. Thank you for ruining my birthday weekend JFM. I hope the terrible rash goes away and it doesn’t become permanent damage to my chin.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

As most of the others reviewers have noted I have used JFM Mustache & Beard on several over the past years occasions with no issues. The last 3 boxes purchased have left my face red, itchy, irritated, and blistered. The symptoms seem to be that of a chemical burns. It has been 2 weeks and my skin is still scabbed and itchy. I will not be using JFM again and advise anyone else not too. Go for organic and I'm not a greeny - just not worth the scarring and unpleasant chemical side effects.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

As most of the others reviewers have noted I have used JFM Mustache & Beard on several previous occasions with no issues. The last 2 boxes purchased in Jan and Feb have left my face red, itchy, irritated, and blistered. The symptoms seem to be that of a chemical burn. I contacted the company and was told that they have had no other reports and that there have been no bad lots or formula changes. As displayed here that response proves to be false. JFM Mustache & Beard M-35 Medium Brown Lot# Z18M044 Purchased Jan 15 2019 and Feb 14 2019.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have used Just For Men a dozen times in the past. On February 14 I decided to dye my grays out of my beard. Valentine’s Day dinner on February 14 I started having severe itching in my beard. That night I lotion and up my beard but beard butter. Beard oil. Hoping that this would relieve the itching. It was one of the hardest nights of sleep. The itching was so bad. When I woke up in the morning on February 15 my beard was filled with crust due to my face leaking pus. I went to CVS and I purchased Aquaphor to relieve the itching and burning and I dredged my beard to help. I never had this issue but I assume I have a chemical burn. It's brutal. I hope it doesnt last for weeks. I had JFM on my face less than 5 minutes. I never do it longer since my beard will get too black. Be careful not to let the chemicals hit your skin!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been using Just For Men for about 8 months. Each time it has been great and patch test comes out perfect. However, this time after patch test came back clear the dye caused a severe reaction and bad burns to my skin. They have been weeping for about a week and have had to get a prescribed cream to help the healing process. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I used JFM without issue about a year ago. Had decided to use again a few days ago. My face was red and swollen. It then started seeping and scabbing. The only relief I found was from a calamine antihistamine spray. Stay away from this product.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a Just For Men beard dye. After application the next day my face where I had put the cream mixture on was red, burning. The next couple of days after that were horrible. My face was weeping yellow stuff, burning, itching was unbearable. I tried various creams to no avail. This product should be banned and taken off the market. I followed the instructions on the box but still ended up in a lot of discomfort. It's time for action against this product as I suffered for days before my face got better.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Just grew my first beard in Oct, as we were in Spain on Holiday. My hair was dark brown/black. And my beard was really grey, so I thought I'd try this, as it seemed so easy to apply. First three times I used it, it would really sting for a day or two, but put up with that, as the colour was really good. But when we were coming home from Spain, I applied it again for a fourth time. On our last night, we were out having a meal. And my beard felt like it was on fire, really sore and dry. Even though I applied plenty of beard oil. But worse was still to come.

After returning home on Jan 31st, my beard was so sore and itchy, that I couldn't sleep. Then a day or two later, my beard and rash started flaking so badly, that I wouldn't leave my flat. Kept applying loads of moisturiser, and still no better. Yesterday, finally got an appointment with the Doctor, who prescribed me antibiotics. Skin is still dry and flaky, but beginning to show improvement. But even though I'm not happy with my grey beard, I will never use this product again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been using JFM for beards for couple of years and all of a sudden I started developing lip blisters, soreness and redness since December. I thought it could have been something else. I even replaced four boxes assuming a bad batch but the problem continues. I believe the formula is changed to save few $s. Done with it, going clean shaven!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have used JFM and the last time I used it gave me a horrible rash. It took 6 days to clear up. It burned day and night. HORRIBLE PRODUCT! They are changing the formula and it sucks!!! Do not use this product ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I used the dye several times and even did the test. Everything was fine until this past weekend. Same batch, same tubes...my face and lips swollen. It's been 4 days and 4 long and painful nights and I'm extremely itchy and red.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The last few months it seems the Just For Men beard dye is guaranteed to give you a rash. Prior to this, it could be irritating at times but nothing major. Even then, I was considering using a natural dye because I was concerned about the cumulative effects of using chemicals on my skin. Well, this latest round of experiences has convinced me to take that route. It may take a little longer but at least it won’t damage my skin.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have used JFM before without issue. I used this product again on January 30th and woke in the middle of the night, my face was on fire. I had rash all along my beard, scabbing and seeping on my chin upper lip area, and my lips looked like over inflated tires. I trimmed my beard down and seem to have the rash under control but my lips are still swollen and sore. Never again with this product.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I used Just for Men Beard Dye and on the 4th time I used it I experienced horrible itching, burning and redness around my face and chin. This lasted for about 3 days. There were no issues the first 3 times I used it and I did not change anything in the way I applied it or the time I left it on my face.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have been using JFM for last 18 months, since last 3 weeks my beard is very itchy. I am experiencing burning sensation, and tickling around lower lip. Today I saw dark ugly looking rashes in several spots under my beard. After reading other articles and experience I am immediately stopping use of any dyes. Best is to shave off beards.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This product does not work at all and it can be dangerous for you. It does tint your gray hair even if you leave it for long time. Waste of money. The cheapest CVS hair color brand does a better job and it is cheaper than this crap of Just For Men.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Decide to dye my Beard, chose JFM as I thinking it would be a safe brand. However after using, my face around my beard became sore and itchy. Over the next few days it became dry and tight, then cracked, and weeped constantly. It was very worrying and painful, as well as being noticeable and embarrassing. I didn't want to be seen and was extremely worried about the long term effect. After about 10 days and after having to shave my beard off it cleared, but I will never use a JFM product again!!

Just For Men Company Information