1.6/5 (1103 ratings)

About Just For Men

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I have been a long time user of this product. It has done a great job coloring my beard and the color is very natural. However the last few months there has been a change. It still colors well, but now it causes burning and itching and the last use caused blisters on my chin! The first time it happened I thought maybe it was a reaction to wearing a mask, but it happens every time now and gets worse each time. I hope that this problem is resolved as I do like the product. Unfortunately, until there is a change, I will have to discontinue use.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Just like so many other people that have written reviews here I also have had a horrible experience with this product. Again, after using this product for many years with great results something has changed. During the pandemic over the last 20 months, I decided not to grow my beard. Now that we are mostly through covid my wife wants me to grow it back. I bought a new box of dark brown and applied it. Next thing you know my face is on fire. Blisters formed, non-stop itching was next, and red inflamed skin for days. This product should be removed from the shelves and someone should start a class action suit against the company.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Spend the extra money and get a better product. First two times I use it my skin was okay. Just itchy but I figured it was normal. This past few times it has burned me, left me irritated with scabs. It's awful. Color comes out great but it's certainly not worth a price you pay with your skin. I will never use it again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Like so many others, I had used this product for many years, until it started burning my skin about a year ago. Although they deny it, Just For Men had to change their formula in order for the burning to all of a sudden become an issue for so many men. AFTER GOING GRAY FOR ABOUT A YEAR, I RECENTLY FOUND AN ANSWER THAT I WANT TO SHARE. Instead of following the instructions by shampooing one time, I found that by shampooing 4 times after each application, I was able to get all of the excess dye out of my beard/skin. I also now use a conditioner each day on my beard when showering. This has completely solved my itching/irritation problem. Hopefully this will help others as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Just like the others have mentioned, I used this product for years with no issues. (Just For Men Beard Dye BLACK) Recently I bought the product to apply and it was a nightmare. Itching and burning sensation… I immediately jumped in the shower to wash off to no avail. Along the day I started developing open sores with clear oozing liquid. Itching and flaky all day. It got worse at night. I had to take a sleeping pill in order for me to sleep. I can see through my beard that my skin is bright red. I tried to apply medication and it helped for a while. (Aloe Vera).

I usually don’t take the time off my busy schedule to write reviews but I felt it was necessary in this case to warn others. I’m almost positive they changed the ingredients. I never had anything close to this before and I used it once a month. I’m in search of a new product now. Be careful with this.. So far it has left me with burn type scarring and I’m scared to see what my skin looks like without my beard. I apply scar medication over some of the healed sores. Still feel the burning sensation… Still itches and still have major flake dandruff issues in my beard even after applying moisturizer and beard oil. I take care of my beard really well. But this put a major dent on my appearance and self esteem.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Used this product for years with no issues and then recently decided to use it again. Wellll that was a mistake. My entire face broke out into bleeding sores and the itching was unbearable. This is a disgusting product that should be pulled from shelves. I hope this company gets sued. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU LIKE YOUR FACE!!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have been using this product for 7-8 years with no problems until recently! Serious adverse reaction to chemicals in the mix and had severe itching which turned into burning and peeling of my skin. It has been over 2 weeks and have not fully healed. I will never use this again! Test a spot before using on your beard or mustache!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Danger. After doing the 48hr test and on my 3rd beard application my face got extremely itchy, then started to swell with puss. I should of went to the hospital. This product needs to be pulled from the shelf.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Despite having done everything according to the instructions I.e the patch test, duration of how long to leave it on for before washing it off etc etc, yes it did dye the grey beard hairs but in doing so my face also died in a convulsion of blisters and weeping sores along with severe unbearable itching, long sleepless nights and stress related thoughts I eventually ended up in Accident and emergency with all the symptoms of Anaphylactic shock...I now have to carry an auto injector wherever I go, take steroid medication 4 times a day and be confronted with the facial scarring to my face and neck every time I look in the mirror after using this diabolical product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I had used and burning my face. Please dont use ..Is very chemical and dangerous. I have a strong impact burning my face ighting dry and painfully allergic and I destroy my face with that chemical product, they say make tes

Just For Men Company Information