1.07/5

876 Just For Men Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I just finally realized that JFM is the cause behind all this itchiness, dryness and blisters that keep coming back. I have been using them for a while, but back in February, I started having issues after applying the H45 Dark brown mustache and beard. I had blisters, secretion and all, went to a doctor who mentioned fungus infection, stop shaving for a while thinking it was the daily shaving. Applied it a second time, same result and again left the beard grey out. As soon as I applied it this morning, I'm back with the same discomfort of burning, itching, hoping that I will not have the blisters for a third time. I finally realized it JFM causing this. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Like many of the reviews on here, I have been using Just For Men beard dye with no previous irritation. However, the last couple of applications have caused blisters and redness and the worst itching ever. My local doctor subscribed antibiotics and was treating this as impetigo. This seemed to clear it up but came straight back with a vengeance on subsequent application of JFM. Hard to sleep at night as it feels like my chin is constantly leaking/weeping. Something has changed, best avoided.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 16, 2019

My beard started going gray. Used Just For Men, burned my chin. It was bad - a crazy experience. Couldn’t sleep due to itching and burning. After a couple of day had to shave it all off and I look like a freak now with a red bumpy chin. Hoping it goes or will have seek medical attention.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I used both hair and beard products and I have been sick for over a year. Scalp blew up like a balloon and oozed yellow puss. Face burnt red for months. I now constantly break out in hives and always feel sick. Do not use this stuff.

Original review: March 12, 2019

This product should be banned. After minutes of my first use of Just for Men Moustache and Beard Dark Brown M45 I got a severe allergy reaction. My face become all red, swollen and my skin so hard that looked like tumors. In the next morning a lot of rashes and blisters appeared with blood and pus all over my face and the itchiness was so bad that was unbearable.

It’s been 3 days using **, ** cream and ** and my face is still pretty bad, but better than yesterday. I didn’t go to the hospital because I’m without insurance right now, but I can say I’m very afraid. If my face don’t get better until the end of the week I’ll have to go to the hospital. I can’t even get out of my home because it’s really ugly all this blood and pus coming out of me. If I had the money I would probably get a lawyer to sue them for selling a product that does that to your skin. I spent a lot of money with medication and I’ll probably have to spent more with a hospital to get better. I have pictures of how my face is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: March 11, 2019

After using M-35 I had the same reaction described by other had to shave to see what was going on. Skin has a blister type rash with itching and burning looks horrible, very uncomfortable and I’m embarrassed to be seen like this. It’s 3/10/19. I hope it doesn’t get worse. After having this horrible experience I will have to keep my beard clean shaven. I hope it doesn’t get worse; I also feel like my whole body is on fire. I feel extremely hot. Don’t know what step to take next. I may have visit a dermatologist. But I can’t afford to take off from work. Thank you for ruining my birthday weekend JFM. I hope the terrible rash goes away and it doesn’t become permanent damage to my chin.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

As most of the others reviewers have noted I have used JFM Mustache & Beard on several over the past years occasions with no issues. The last 3 boxes purchased have left my face red, itchy, irritated, and blistered. The symptoms seem to be that of a chemical burns. It has been 2 weeks and my skin is still scabbed and itchy. I will not be using JFM again and advise anyone else not too. Go for organic and I'm not a greeny - just not worth the scarring and unpleasant chemical side effects.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

As most of the others reviewers have noted I have used JFM Mustache & Beard on several previous occasions with no issues. The last 2 boxes purchased in Jan and Feb have left my face red, itchy, irritated, and blistered. The symptoms seem to be that of a chemical burn. I contacted the company and was told that they have had no other reports and that there have been no bad lots or formula changes. As displayed here that response proves to be false. JFM Mustache & Beard M-35 Medium Brown Lot# Z18M044 Purchased Jan 15 2019 and Feb 14 2019.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have used Just For Men a dozen times in the past. On February 14 I decided to dye my grays out of my beard. Valentine’s Day dinner on February 14 I started having severe itching in my beard. That night I lotion and up my beard but beard butter. Beard oil. Hoping that this would relieve the itching. It was one of the hardest nights of sleep. The itching was so bad. When I woke up in the morning on February 15 my beard was filled with crust due to my face leaking pus. I went to CVS and I purchased Aquaphor to relieve the itching and burning and I dredged my beard to help. I never had this issue but I assume I have a chemical burn. It's brutal. I hope it doesnt last for weeks. I had JFM on my face less than 5 minutes. I never do it longer since my beard will get too black. Be careful not to let the chemicals hit your skin!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been using Just For Men for about 8 months. Each time it has been great and patch test comes out perfect. However, this time after patch test came back clear the dye caused a severe reaction and bad burns to my skin. They have been weeping for about a week and have had to get a prescribed cream to help the healing process. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I used JFM without issue about a year ago. Had decided to use again a few days ago. My face was red and swollen. It then started seeping and scabbing. The only relief I found was from a calamine antihistamine spray. Stay away from this product.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a Just For Men beard dye. After application the next day my face where I had put the cream mixture on was red, burning. The next couple of days after that were horrible. My face was weeping yellow stuff, burning, itching was unbearable. I tried various creams to no avail. This product should be banned and taken off the market. I followed the instructions on the box but still ended up in a lot of discomfort. It's time for action against this product as I suffered for days before my face got better.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Just grew my first beard in Oct, as we were in Spain on Holiday. My hair was dark brown/black. And my beard was really grey, so I thought I'd try this, as it seemed so easy to apply. First three times I used it, it would really sting for a day or two, but put up with that, as the colour was really good. But when we were coming home from Spain, I applied it again for a fourth time. On our last night, we were out having a meal. And my beard felt like it was on fire, really sore and dry. Even though I applied plenty of beard oil. But worse was still to come.

After returning home on Jan 31st, my beard was so sore and itchy, that I couldn't sleep. Then a day or two later, my beard and rash started flaking so badly, that I wouldn't leave my flat. Kept applying loads of moisturiser, and still no better. Yesterday, finally got an appointment with the Doctor, who prescribed me antibiotics. Skin is still dry and flaky, but beginning to show improvement. But even though I'm not happy with my grey beard, I will never use this product again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been using JFM for beards for couple of years and all of a sudden I started developing lip blisters, soreness and redness since December. I thought it could have been something else. I even replaced four boxes assuming a bad batch but the problem continues. I believe the formula is changed to save few $s. Done with it, going clean shaven!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have used JFM and the last time I used it gave me a horrible rash. It took 6 days to clear up. It burned day and night. HORRIBLE PRODUCT! They are changing the formula and it sucks!!! Do not use this product ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I used the dye several times and even did the test. Everything was fine until this past weekend. Same batch, same tubes...my face and lips swollen. It's been 4 days and 4 long and painful nights and I'm extremely itchy and red.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The last few months it seems the Just For Men beard dye is guaranteed to give you a rash. Prior to this, it could be irritating at times but nothing major. Even then, I was considering using a natural dye because I was concerned about the cumulative effects of using chemicals on my skin. Well, this latest round of experiences has convinced me to take that route. It may take a little longer but at least it won’t damage my skin.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have used JFM before without issue. I used this product again on January 30th and woke in the middle of the night, my face was on fire. I had rash all along my beard, scabbing and seeping on my chin upper lip area, and my lips looked like over inflated tires. I trimmed my beard down and seem to have the rash under control but my lips are still swollen and sore. Never again with this product.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I used Just for Men Beard Dye and on the 4th time I used it I experienced horrible itching, burning and redness around my face and chin. This lasted for about 3 days. There were no issues the first 3 times I used it and I did not change anything in the way I applied it or the time I left it on my face.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have been using JFM for last 18 months, since last 3 weeks my beard is very itchy. I am experiencing burning sensation, and tickling around lower lip. Today I saw dark ugly looking rashes in several spots under my beard. After reading other articles and experience I am immediately stopping use of any dyes. Best is to shave off beards.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This product does not work at all and it can be dangerous for you. It does tint your gray hair even if you leave it for long time. Waste of money. The cheapest CVS hair color brand does a better job and it is cheaper than this crap of Just For Men.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Decide to dye my Beard, chose JFM as I thinking it would be a safe brand. However after using, my face around my beard became sore and itchy. Over the next few days it became dry and tight, then cracked, and weeped constantly. It was very worrying and painful, as well as being noticeable and embarrassing. I didn't want to be seen and was extremely worried about the long term effect. After about 10 days and after having to shave my beard off it cleared, but I will never use a JFM product again!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I read many of the reviews. I have been using this product for years. Used January 15th - ended up in ER the 16th with severe swelling and problems exactly like others report even to the point of throat closing up. To report what helped me is Steroid shots - more than 2 at ER - as well as Histamine Blockers if that helps anyone. This is nuts what this product does now to someone. I did do test and know this product. What has happened? And they do nothing. I’m still in pain and discharged today at 8 pm from ER.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Box used in the December 2018 caused me SEVERE chemical burns across my ENTIRE face. Blessing, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, peeling. Burning. Itching. Orange fluid leaking from face 24/7. 3 ER visits since January 1st. Contracted Cellulitis. Rash somehow spread to my ears and neck area. Going on 3 weeks now and progressively getting worse every day. I have been in contact with Cochran law firm and will be attempting to file a class action lawsuit. I encourage the rest of you to jump on as well. I'm not even allowed to go to work because of how hideous and disgusting the injury looks. I recommend that everyone discontinues the use of all Just For Men products immediately.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Like many other reviews, I have been using Just For Men Beard and Mustache for approx 4 years without problems. Always completely satisfied although I usually suffered a little redness for a day after use which quickly disappeared. However, the last couple of months (Oct 2018-Jan 2019) I have suffered severe swollen and chapped lips. Also within 6 hours of using the beard dye I have blisters develop and erupt with yellow pus seeping out followed by 4 days of intense itching and scratching. The blisters then become thick crusty scabs. At the beginning I thought I'd developed a food allergy until reading that so many other men have recently starting experiencing similar reactions. Clearly the product has been changed, probably to increase profits. I've noticed that the price of this product is always at a promotional low price, possibly because people have stopping buying this - like me!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have been using Just For Men products (hair and mustache) for over 15 years. Always completely satisfied with the outcome. Now, over the last two purchases, when I use it my lips are chapped and a yellowish substance is weeping from my upper lip. Obviously I will not be using it until they admit they changed their formula. I just don't understand why companies mess with successful products. They have lost me as a consumer, at least for now.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Have horrible irritation from the last batch of JFM, just like the others. Add me to the list. I found that ** creme has helped a little. Even **. Really wish they hadn't changed their chemicals. Sucks.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have used Just For Men often for years when I need to clear all traces of my previous coloured hairstyles of blue or red. However this last batch I used has left me with a burning puss filled spotty rash under my head which keeps blistering and crusting over causing much distress and physical appearance embarrassment with the protruding pimples. Not a good look for a social man of 28!! I will not be buying JFM products anytime soon, 6 weeks have passed and I am still in spotty blistering frustration. I have booked an appointment at the doctors for advice and lost a days work wage for having to do so! On a positive note, my hair is dark brown as desired albeit on top of a raging volcano of red puss pimpled pain.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have used this product for years with great success. I use it not only to touch up my mid length beard but for my hair too as the brush means it looks really natural as some grey remains. In November 2018 I dyed as normal once a month and during that night had the most painful itchy head and face, could not stop scratching and struggled to sleep. Woke up to find my pillow was soaking wet and had a yellowish stain. My head and face were red, slightly swollen, oozing and really itchy.

Got an emergency GP appointment and as I had always dyed didn't think it was that especially. As I had scratched it so much during the night I had inflamed it more and cause an infection so had a prescription of antihistamines and T-Gel shampoo. Took about a week but the weeping stopped, the redness and soreness cleared but I still had itchy scalp and dandruff (which I've never had in 49 years before) so continued to use dandruff shampoo.

Dyed as usual a month later and exactly the same but again I thought it was a dermatitis issue, saw the doctor and have been on anti-fungal tablets. In a few days the weeping, redness, etc cleared and thought the tablets was the cure. Tonight dyed again but only my beard and now the penny has dropped! No issue in my scalp or hair but beard is dripping with ooze very red and sore and itchy and I haven't scratched it at all. Now I'm more aware. DEFINITELY the hair dye causing the problem. I've sent an email to JFM asking what has changed in the product as something clearly has as I had no issue for many years and since November 2018 it's having an extremely bad reaction to my face and scalp. DO NOT USE!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have been using JFM for nearly 4 years without any issues. It is New Year's day 2019 I did not go out or be with my family because of the embarrassment of the skin sores, the peeling, the redness that this product has produced since they have changed something in it. It will stop you from doing what you want to do because of a complex. Last week I went to the doctor and got a shot of cortisone because they didn't know what it was. This week I was looking to go to a dermatologist. I think I'll skip so. Do not use this product as it will ruin your skin, cause inflammation, and cause permanent damage. The irritation spread throughout my face, started behind my ear, caused lesions, redness, and eventually around my torso including my back. I don't know at this point if it is reversible. It is painful, irritating, embarrassing, disabling. This product will ruin you. Whatever JFM did to the previously satisfactory chemical formula.

Just For Men Company Information