1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 23, 2018

779 Just For Men Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

OMG, two weeks ago I used JFM and had the same thing happen to me. My skin went from being normal to feeling like it was getting burnt with a torch. I was in some serious pain, so I washed my hair out as fast as possible, but within ten minutes my skin on my neck and cheeks started to blister up and turn bright red. This product has something wrong with it, and it needs to be pulled ASAP from the store shelves before it does even worse damage, like kill someone.

It's been two weeks now and I still have some signs of my skin still being affected by the Just For Men's product. 2 weeks of blisters, red skin, burning skin, cracking skin, and then drying up and popping blisters. JFM you need to cover my lost wages for making me be forced to stay home and hide from the world because of what your dye did. I felt so embarrassed and humiliated because I looked like my face exploded. So thanks for making me go through two weeks plus of hell. I will be in contact buddies. You all have some explaining to do.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Testifying along with all the others I have read on here who have used JFM for years without any problem and then starting with my last box which I purchased a month ago I started getting the same kind of miserable rash. Looks like I need to start searching for another brand.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 15, 2018

"Hindsight is 20/20." I went on here to research if anyone else had experienced this horrible irritation, orange watery/pussy bumps in my skin and was amazed at all the reviews of so many having the same experience! I really wish I would have done my research first before trying this atrocious product - this company should be sued out of existence for putting something this discomforting and dangerous on the market. I thought I would try to eliminate my greys before a wedding in a few days and now I am worried these blotches won't go away! Furthermore, I am in sales and this could affect my job if I don't get rid of these disgusting, leaking bumps. Horrible - DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Used JFM M45 for over five years with no complaints. Used a new box in late March 2018 and had severe irritation, red welts appeared, unending itching. Shaved my beard and used Neosporin (it's all I had). Took about four days for my skin to become normal again. Dumb me, thinking the rash was due to an aged box of JFM, I tried a new box of M45 this evening. Same rash, irritation, itching; (so I shaved and used my neosporin again). If it helps, I purchase all my JFM from Walmart. I have noticed Walmart has a difficult time keeping the shelves stocked over the last four months. Thought the product was just becoming more popular; but perhaps their production has gone down because they are literally hurting people. I am done with JFM. People say I look younger shaven anyway. Hope someone gets these removed from shelves and sues the hell out of this company.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Used mustache & beard dye yesterday evening, 12-4 2018. Within 10 minutes itching followed by swelling to face & neck. The following day had got worse! Pharmacy suggested antihistamines. Still early days but experience I have already had is enough to put anyone off this product! I have used before with no side effects and I carried out pre test procedure with no reaction. Reading other reviews I agree something has changed. Do not use! It is downright dangerous???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Just For Men hair/beard dye - I been using this for months only to realize a bump on my chin that keeps running water/pus...then about 5 days ago started again. That ** burnt my face so bad I’m so embarrassed...now I have bumps running water and my grey hairs still there. I want to sue these ** or someone should. I want to go into stores and knock all of the shelves. That’s how pissed I am.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Just For Men Mustache & Beard: As I sit here with ice on my face researching what can be done about all the blistering and itching, I'm amazed at how many others have the same problem! I HAVE used it in the past and, after using it yesterday, I'm now in the same boat! I tried ** cream and that made the burning even worse so I just washed it off. Simple hand lotion does help relieve the pain and itching but obviously does nothing for a cure. I just hope it doesn't last for days and weeks like some other people have said. I've already thrown it away but still have the box. NEVER AGAIN! I will also certainly not recommend it either.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I used this product for months without any issues at all. Then for no reason 24hrs after last use my face and chin were itchy as hell and red raw. Tiny blisters that ooze orange liquid down your chin. Takes ages to clear too. I got in touch with Just For Men and all they would do is refund the purchase price of the box. Nothing to compensate for the inconvenience and painful hell that it caused me. I told them it should be withdrawn from sale as it was dangerous. But they did no such thing. Still widely available ready for the next poor fella to buy it and wreck his face! I am not and have never been allergic to anything apart from this. Seems weird how I wasn’t allergic before though after using it many times in the past. NEVER AGAIN. VERY DANGEROUS PRODUCT!

Original review: April 8, 2018

All I can say is for weeks I have had terrible breakouts just as described by everyone and even got patch tested which came up positive for a number of chemical. As I was doing my research on JFM I decided to check the ingredients against my list and nothing came up until I saw these reviews and now the mystery is solved! I have all of the symptoms of those on this site! It’s at least good to know the source of my problem!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have used JFM beard dye numerous times and have had very minor irritation. However, I used this product three days ago and now I have a severe chemical burn on my face. The irritation and itching was so bad I shaved my beard off and my entire face is scorched. This is completely unacceptable!!! I will never use this product again and I will tell everyone I know to stay away! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have been using JFM beard dye for 7 to 8 yrs & always have been a happy customer until a few months ago. Noticed some itching on face but not really annoying until last 2 weeks after applying JFM that it severely made my both sides of the face from sideburns down to my chin break out with red lump & lips. A burning sensation with sore throat, I'm on medication to hopefully calm it down but I recommend that no one should buy this product as it has changed its formula & have to go through this pain & stress like I'm living.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am not sure if they changed chemicals in Just For Men beard coloring. I have used for years then all of sudden I was extremely burned. It has been a horrible experience. I looked information and others also have been injured. I have tried to reach out to them with no response. Do not use this dangerous product. I do not want you to go through this.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I applied Just for Men as directed yet after showering I had a burning sensation in my eyes accompanied later by a crushing headache. The following day my blood pressure spiked so high I had to go to the emergency room. The headaches continued for weeks after the initial exposure behind my eyes and severe tension in the back of my neck yet the most troubling issue is the seemingly permanent damage it did to my eyesight. Halos around oncoming headlights and a smoky film around all indoor lighting has persisted since the exposure 4 months ago. I've been to an Ophthalmologist twice with no relief. I was prescribed ** (very expensive) but it only increased the severity of the headaches. If are thinking about using this product think twice. The results can be damaging and permanent.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Just as I’m reading review after review, I’ve been using JFM for beards for about 10 years or so. I went online because I still have the tubes I used in Feb ‘18 where I got a terrible reaction and was thinking it was a one-time thing & was thinking of trying again. But I’m thankful I checked because all of these numerous reports were very similar to my reaction or worse. My face got extremely dry and painful where I did not want to go outside. After about a week after trying different moisturizers & not getting any better, I started getting open sores on my back, arms & hands. Wondering what was going on and still having severe pain in my face, I went to the doctor where he put me on a week's worth of antibiotics. Finally it cleared a few days later, but as an outside sales rep I had to make excuses for my appearance for about 3 weeks! Shame on JFM for releasing this product & they deserve a class action suit.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I've always used ION professional hair color (permanent). After years of using this product I got tired of the burning itch. I decided to try Just for Men beard color. Following the directions, including the 24 hour patch test, and thoroughly washing it out in 4 minutes. I carefully brushed in "on" my mustache and beard. Then carefully wide combed it through. Knowing the roots would still show gray but completely keeping it off of my skin. After 4 minutes, then 3 shampoos the color was absolute perfection! I had red itchy skin but not overwhelming.

Four days later it was practically gone, faded off. I reapplied using the same procedure but left it in for five minutes, as directed. Same red itchy skin although no actual gel touched it. I figured it was close enough that the fumes caused it. Again, a week later, gone. I waited two weeks from the second application to be sure my skin was ready again. Third time, same process. FIVE days later my mustache and, goatee and chin beard area of skin is absolutely unbelievable!! Gross, I know but... Chunks of thick hard white skin are hanging off. I actually have 3 lesions. Sitting at my desk a customer asked if I was okay, I said, "Sure why?" She said, "There is a lot of blood coming from your chin." I went to the mirror and these open gashes were flowing. I estimated over a 1/4 cup of blood.

I went to my Dr. and he said I have severe "excoriation". He said he has had many patients over the years with the same affliction and they were all from "Just for Men". He said it should have been taken off the market years ago. He told me I am going to have major scarring. He prescribed ** cream USP 100,000! He told me to use it 3 times a day and to wear a paper mask over my chin. He said with the severely deep and open lesions, it would be very easy to get an infection. Obviously he advised me to never touch it again and said he has told all of his similar patients they should seek legal counsel against Combe Inc. as these scars will be similar to suture scars!

I am speaking with attorneys now that feel this will be filed as a class action lawsuit. Regardless what is mentioned in the warnings, this product is and has been causing extreme cosmetic disfiguration. I will now have to always have a gray beard. I can't shave it because I look like a two hundred year old monster beneath it!!! *If you are concerned enough, about your appearance, to color your hair; be concerned enough for your health and stay away and advise friends to stay far away from this product!!!

Original review: March 11, 2018

Dye for beard and mustashe - I've been using Just For Men beard and mustache for 3 years. Never had a problem... all of a sudden HORRIFIC itching, skin burning, bleeding under the beard. Itching comes about 24 hrs after apply. New chemicals cause severe suffering, discomfort and agitation. JFM is wrong for changing chemicals without notice... NEVER had a problem until now! The bleeding, burning, itching feels like hell. You guys need to be held accountable for this quickly! Not right. We pay money for your product and NOW receiving pain and bleeding. I hope this gets investigated because without a doubt some chemical aspect has been changed without a revised noticed! Never ever again. My face underneath my beard has always been smooth and NOW scabs and blisters??? PISSED!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have used Just for Men beard/mustache dye, Medium Brown for 3 years now. The last two times, I have experienced a burning of the skin under my mustache and my upper lip. The first time I incorrectly assumed I had possibly made a mistake in mixing the two ingredients. After the second time, I realized that it was an issue with the product and not me. While researching online, I found out that many others had experienced this issue. There is a warning on the packaging, but I had experienced no side effects up until this point. I had been using the product approximately once every 15-20 days with no issues. The company states that there has not been a chemical change to the product in 7 years.

Original review: March 10, 2018

As in many other cases noted here I have used the Just For Men products, the original hair colors, the beard and mustache and recently the new Shampoo. In approx 15 years of on and off use I never had a problem, then around the start of February I developed what I thought was ingrown hairs on the hairline on my neck, then rather than getting better it started to spread and I got blisters that are very painful, itchy and will bleed or discharge a puss if scratched too hard. There has obviously been a change of some kind unless the newest shampoo that gradually changes has a ingredient that causes this but with all the other reviews of similar problems I believe it is a formula change. I am about to call the doctor and get prescription meds, this is miserable and I have tried different mild shampoos and lotions and may get a slight relief for short term but no healing.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Burning and itching -reaction to chemicals in formula - I have used this product in the past with no issues. Now after what I am reading on the web, it seems the formula has changed. I had to shave my beard but I still have sores, itching and they are having trouble healing.

Original review: March 1, 2018

As many have stated, I have used this product off & on for a decade. The past 2-3 times, bad reaction starting a day or two after application. Rash under beard, dry skin, irritated ears & swollen lip. After a week it is still so bad that I shaved off beard & mustache, in hopes of speeding recovery. My lower lip is so swollen, it has kept me up most of the night, forcing me to call off work. I am not & never have been allergic to ANYTHING, which makes this all the more perplexing. Never again, NEVER AGAIN. I'll live with the gray!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Have used this before, but last couple of times the soreness and itching under my beard has been unbearable and my face swollen, and unable to sleep, as said in other reviews the formula must have been changed and not tested disgraceful! I am not a doctor but to help me sleep I put some of that freezing gel for joints on my beard and calmed it down so I was able to sleep. Desperate stuff but at 3 in the morning tired and uncomfortable it helped a lot, have thrown box in dustbin. Will NEVER use again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have used JFM for approx 7 yrs and was somewhat satisfied with the results. I never had a reaction. I just didnt like how the product only lasted a week. For the past few months I have experienced reactions using this product. I am getting blisters that "weep". I bought a 3 box pack on Amazon and I have 2 boxes left I will be throwing away. I have no idea why they would change their formula. They should be forced to acknowledge this in some sort of public announcement!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Like others I used this product and experienced the burning sensations, rashes, welts and all the other discomforts people have described. I will never use this product again! There are alternatives such as mascara type products but the best I have found is natural Henna combined with indigo to make a colour that is unbelievably good. It takes 2x hours to take effect but hey, what is 2 hours relaxing watching a movie compared to 2x weeks enduring a hell like experience courtesy of JFM? It does take a little bit of research but worth it and it lasts for about 3x weeks although I usually reapply every 2x weeks.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

This hair dye is horrible. I could not sleep last night due to the burning and endless itching of my face. Today now 24 hours after using it, part of my face is still burning and the other part is itching. I can see the redness under my beard where this chemical or whatever they put in their dye has scorched my skin. I will never use this again, there has to be something better than this out there!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have used this product before and was satisfied, but the last 2 times I used it, there were severe reactions on my skin. The most recent use was the most severe. Weeping blisters, itching, redness and severe irritation occurred. The reaction lasted a long time despite washing out the product in less time than recommended on the instructions. Reaction started within hours of application and lasted about a week before starting to subside.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

OMG. I echo everyone else. I started using JFM about a year ago. It worked great. I am ** so I used the jet black mustache and beard. My beard is thin and low (less than half an inch thick). However, starting in Oct 2017 I started getting a weird stinging/burning after each application... I didn't think much of it... I also started getting what I perceived as irritations from "ingrown hairs" in my beard that were very itchy and painful and would bleed and scab. Still I didn't think much about it or connect the dots. I continued to use JFM every week to more irritation and then started noticing a red rash on my neck, and pectoral/chest. Still didn't put it all together and continued to use JFM.

The final straw came in Jan 2018 when the itchy, stinging and pain in my beard and the itchy rash on my neck and chest became so severe that out of desperation I shaved my beard off to address the perceived issue of "ingrown hairs)...and to my horror I realized that they were not ingrown hairs but rather large discolored lesions that I can only describe as clear puss filled scabby burns all along my face's beard line. It was then that I started searching the net and to my horror saw all of these other complaints. I went to doctor for treatment and was prescribed a steroid cream. This is the only thing that has given me some semblance of relief. ** jfm.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Been using JFM for many years. Like the others I have developed a itchy rash under my beard. The dye that gets on my skin does not seem to be affected. It appears that only the skin where the hair follicles have been dyed are affected. I only have a goatee so I'm guessing my skin irritation is not as severe as those I see posting that seem to have full beards etc. It appears the more hair you have to dye the more of whatever it is that does this absorbs through your follicles. So the more you use the worse your reaction seems to be. I will find another product because I cannot tolerate the itching and the sores that happen because of the irritation.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have used JFM for 16 years. It has only been recently, like the past three months I have noticed that I am experiencing constant itching and burning on my skin under my beard. I have no idea what has happened to this product but I don't like it one bit.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Been using JFM for more than a year now, without any side effects. Two days ago, I applied #45 Dark Brown (ordered 3-pack from Amazon) on my beard and mustache that is quite short (1/4”) and on the first day it seems to be pretty normal, but yesterday, I feel some itches and rashes on the areas applied. Tried to put some lotion to relieve some of the itchiness but the rashes now are visible. I've read before reviews regarding rashes/irritations but with skin test performed prior to every application, I assured myself that I was one of the lucky few. But now, even with the passing of skin test I've got these rashes. Won't use JFM again...ever. The skin test that they strongly recommend does not guarantee allergy-free result.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Like many other users here, I had used the product a number of times without issue, then seemingly out of the blue I got itchy redness under my beard that lasted for weeks. A lot of people here suggesting a formula change, yet I've seen reports like this from as far back as 2012, so not sure that is it...

Just For Men Company Information