1.6/5 (1106 ratings)

About Just For Men

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Danger. After doing the 48hr test and on my 3rd beard application my face got extremely itchy, then started to swell with puss. I should of went to the hospital. This product needs to be pulled from the shelf.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Despite having done everything according to the instructions I.e the patch test, duration of how long to leave it on for before washing it off etc etc, yes it did dye the grey beard hairs but in doing so my face also died in a convulsion of blisters and weeping sores along with severe unbearable itching, long sleepless nights and stress related thoughts I eventually ended up in Accident and emergency with all the symptoms of Anaphylactic shock...I now have to carry an auto injector wherever I go, take steroid medication 4 times a day and be confronted with the facial scarring to my face and neck every time I look in the mirror after using this diabolical product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I had used and burning my face. Please dont use ..Is very chemical and dangerous. I have a strong impact burning my face ighting dry and painfully allergic and I destroy my face with that chemical product, they say make tes

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I've been using this product for years. It worked great. Over the past year, (2020, the train wreck year from hell) however it has been burning my face. Especially my upper lip area. When you first apply it, it seems okay. Then within the next 4 to 6 hours it starts to itch then the next day it's a complete ripped up burnt to shreds mess. I was using the green Medium Brown, so I thought maybe I just got a bad batch, so I switched to light blue, Light to Medium Brown color, but the same thing happened; even worse. I cannot believe that this company would put out a product so horrible. I never write reviews like this. Ever! Stay away from this product. I'm going to try and find an alternative. But I will never buy this crap again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

First time I used it, it looked good and did not seem to have too many bad effects, just slightly itchy, I soon developed a runny nose, chapped lips, thinking I had a summer cold. Next time I used it, the beard area was terribly itchy and nose running constantly and could not stop itching... and my lips started to peel. This stuff is toxic like many have said, very bad, stay away from it. This actually should not be sold at all, very toxic.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This product is not worth the money. It does not apply pigmentation. Do not waste your time or money on Just For Men. Product does not have a good quality dye. It’s best to buy Wella hair dye at Sally Beauty.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I’ve used this product for at least five years with satisfactory results and no side effects. However in the past few applications the product has suddenly caused extreme itching, localized redness and a mild blotchy allergic reaction spreading across my entire face. Also, the product is much less effective; only covering gray for about three days before washing away completely. The manufacturer (Combe) better take action very quickly or they’re going to lose their market dominance for men’s grooming.

Original review: May 23, 2020

So I am a first time user of JFM beard. I went looking to see if others had experience similar to mine. Now I feel thankful my was mild compared to others. Think it weird the burning happens 2 to 5 days after application. Apparently others are having issues with the JFM product as well. My guess is they changed vendor to save money which may end up costing them more in the long run as I found a pending Class Action. The color match perfectly but between it lasting only 5 days and the burning and itching, I'll look to try something else for now.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Keep away from this product. Leave it on the shelf. Don't try it. After years of using this product I have had a few years break from it then used it again 16/04/2020. I used the hair dye and the beard dye. I woke at around 3am in agony and could not breath. I had a shower to shampoo my hair to try and make sure I could again try and clear my head and face from any dye. I shaved my beard off immediately. It took me three hours to get my breath back. Today I sit here and my face is swollen, red and sore to touch. I put olive oil in my hair to try and stop the dye continuing and showered and shampooed it out and I have some relief on the itching all over my scalp and will do it again soon.

My face is distorted and swollen out of recognition and puss oozing out of sores as my skin was stripped away from this product. My lips are sore and cannot eat. I am putting moisturiser on my face that gives some relief as I want to make sure my skin stays elastic and to try and not coarse long term defects as I have read happens. I am in hope this passes in a few days but read this could take weeks if not years. I am in absolute distress as I am in lockdown from the coronavirus and alone with this and feel like crying because of the pain. I do not want to go to hospital and open myself up to coronavirus and die from the virus so I have to do this all alone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use this product, or any product from this company.

Original review: April 6, 2020

CAUTION!!!! STOP!!!! Do not use Just for Men. I strongly recommend you to NOT USE Just For Men Mustache & Beard. I have no skin problem, I'm very healthy with no allergies at all, and never had any problems with my skin as well. I used on April /6/2020 the Just for Men Mustache & Beard, After the test on a small area, I applied the product for 5 min as recommended and I washed my face. The beard looks good, (I don't have a long beard) not fully died but acceptable. A couple of hours after I applied, I started fell very uncomfortable after all the reactions. Blisters all over my face, my cheek is keeping swollen, aching, and burning sensation as well. I'm deformed right now. DON'T USE THIS POISON. Google this product review and you will see all over the internet how bad are the reactions. My bad experience doesn't have to be yours.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Caution! Do not used Just for Men Control GX unless you want to go bald. Been using this product for over a year and now my hair is thinning and am getting a bald spot on top. Always had thick full hair before using this product.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have been using JFM for twenty plus years and never ever had a problem until this past summer when I would have itching after use. Since my hair is short, I usually use it twice a month, and have done so like I said for twenty years without any problems. I recently had surgery and have not been able to use the product for a month and of course I went totally gray. I had absolutely no itching since I stopped for the month. I was able to use it a couple nights ago with help because I really hate having gray hair, and now I am itching a lot again in my scalp and beard, and the skin on the right side of my face to the top of my scalp actually hurts to the touch.

I used to tell people how great this product was because it worked so well. I also thought that perhaps the ingredients changed because it not only caused itching and redness, the color does not stay as it did in previous years. I don’t know what I am going to do or what other product I can try because I really do not like having the gray hair and I hope JFM is reading these comments and can perhaps reevaluate the formula because they are losing long time customers.... I am a 20+ year steady customer, but now I am forced to stop using the product because the discomfort is now out of control. I certainly would try to use it again if there is a positive revision in the formula.

I never write reviews or comments but after reading all the comments from other users who are experiencing the same reaction I have been experiencing, I felt I needed to also write about my experience. Once again this product was #1 in my experience for two decades but something has obviously changed in the ingredients.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I’m quite sure most reading this are currently experiencing itching, burning and yellow puss all over the areas that they applied Just for Men beard dye. I am writing this to offer some comfort to folks who are currently in what I call the freak-out stage. Like others I have used Just for Men previously with no issues. Two weeks ago I used the same as previous applications, and within 10-12 hrs after application I experienced the worst itching burning sensation ever in my life. I wanted to rip my face off. I applied aloe vera during the day and at night I alternated with antibiotic ointment and medicated honey. To help with sleeping I took an antihistamine, which provided minimal comfort (minimal was better than nothing). The itching lasted 4-5 full days. The yellow puss and crusting lasted about 3-4 days.

I used the aloe liberally throughout the day. It soaks into your skin and does not leave your beard oily or greasy. Think of this chemical burn as a really bad sunburn. After 7 days I finally felt like I was getting better. Between 7-14 days I experienced severely flaking skin and each day noticed the redness starting to fade away a bit. It’s now 14 full days and I finally feel like I’m getting back to normal. Also, guys keep hydrated, drink lots of water. You will get through this, everyone will experience something different, but generally it looks like everyone goes through the same scary stages. I’m not a doctor, so for folks who are experience some of the more severe swelling and difficulty swallowing, please seek medical attention. Hopefully you guys currently in the itching and yellow puss stage find some comfort and relief after reading this review. Good Luck. Shame on drugstores for selling such a dangerous product.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Same as others have written here. I've successfully used this product for years. This past fall after using it, my face developed a full bleeding rash with yellow puss that dried into a crystal-like crust. I went to do the doc and he thought it might be contagious and I had to stop all social events for a week, and I eventually healed with topical and pill antibiotics. Fast forward three months and I try this product again and the same thing happens. I had not made the connection the first time. How can this company sell this product? It's a product that goes on your skin, and burns it off. I'm not allergic to any other product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Used this product for almost 10 years, no problem, until recently, a couple months ago. I noticed my beard started to itch. Since I kept my beard very low, I just assumed it was maybe a few ingrown hairs. You know the beard hair curling and prickly into your skin. That's what I thought. I would apply the dye like once a week (every 4 days or so).

This went on for over 2 months until through the process of elimination, I finally realized my face was burning from the dye. I had no clue. It had been working perfectly for years? But the story gets worse. I stopped the dye. The allergic reaction on my face slowly went away... But this entire time, my lower lip was chapped. I had no clue it was related as I assumed it was the colder weather season. The allergic reaction to the dye caused my lower lip to become swollen and inflamed. The reaction has subsided, but now, my lower lip started to show hyperpigmentation, almost like if I've been smoking a lot (and I don't smoke at all).

After countless hours, I've discovered it to be "Pigmented Contact Cheilitis"...which is caused by the allergic reaction to 'Paraphenylenediamine' (PPD) which is a chemical substance that is widely used as a permanent hair dye (which is found in Just For Men). Its been 4 weeks since my last use. My lips aren't chapped, no reaction, but I'm left with hyperpigmentation which now I'm making my rounds to every dermatologist specialist to seek treatment for hyper-pigment in lips. I've spent almost $500 so far on lip treatments. It's been a pain. Ugh! Feel free to contact me if you're going through this. I'm happy to chat and share my treatment. - Mike (email: **)

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Stay away from this product. Used for. Year before no issues.. Then when started using it again within hours face had gone red around beard line...woke up to a swollen neck pus weeping sores and the itching is unbearable. A week later still not healed, lips were burnt, blisters in corner of my mouth and now I have developed hives all over my legs which I have never experienced before.. This stuff is poison and Just For Men know it. Someone needs to be held accountable for this crap.. It’s ruining people’s lives.. disgusting product..

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I started dying my beard few months ago. The first time when I bought it, it worked well without any issues or side effects. This is my second time that I bought JFM 55 (Dec-2019). I had that burning sensation, irritation white fluid coming out of the pores of the beard area which later turned yellow (puss). I really thought that it's some kind of allergy. The condition lasted about 5 days. 2 days ago (01-21-20) I used it again and same thing happened. Irritation, swelling, stiff chin and puss. I did that for a job interview which I doubt that I will be able to go now after using this poisonous product. Right now I am thinking about going to ER. Last night when I slept, I woke up with 3 stains of puss (Yellow fluid/discharge from the wound under my beard and mustache. Two stains were on my t-shirt and 1 on my pillow. I wanna know if together we can file a lawsuit against this poisonous product.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've been using this product for a few years now without any problems. Now I've been getting the most horrendous side effects. She'll be itchy and my face really irritated. The worst side effect of all is my lip swelling to an enormous size and the most awful sticky clear/yellowish liquid is coming out that would scab awfully and look like I was in a horror film. Inside my lip, hard lumps would appear. I saw dermatologists and doctors and I was being tested for so many things (herpes, even AIDS!) Hair dye was not one of the things that was mentioned to me but it had to be more than coincidence that within days of applying it I would be having these side effects again.

Embarrassment at work... My self-confidence dropped. I would avoid facing people. But like a fool, I would continue using this, believing it couldn't be the dye. I applied it yesterday, and lo and behold, last night my chin was so itchy and this morning my lip is swollen, the skin above my lip has red bumps that are really sore -and I deliberately didn't even apply this to my moustache area! I did a web search today and found this site showed similar reviews. I am relieved that I am not alone in this yet upset. I'll look for pictures to attach of how bad it gets. NEVER buying this again. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have been using Just for Men Black dye products just about every week for over 10 years with no problem until last few months. Now I experience itchy scalp the day after applying which go on for a couple of days. I will be returning the unopen boxes I have and will enter the silver fox days with gray hair.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Applied mixed cream for 5 mins. Felt ok for a few hours then the bad itching started. Carried on for 3 days. This product is poison. Yes my beard is nice color but is it worth the pain. I dont think I will use again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

So, I've been using Just For Men for probably 10+ years with absolutely no problem...Until now!! I went to the drug store and purchased a large stockpile of JFM hair dye because I like to keep lots on hand for convenience. Anyway, I think I noticed the box design had changed but thought nothing of it. I applied the new product on my face and felt a slight more of a burn and again thought nothing of it...until the next day!! Holymotherofgod!!! My face felt like someone threw bleach or chlorine on my face and rubbed poison ivy on it!! My face swelled up, it was red all over, itched like crazy and puss started to ooze out of it. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do or how to treat it, I just thought i'd ride it out.

Well, after about a week it kinda started to heal but not without extreme discomfort, puss from my face and a lot of facial scabs causing dandruff which was incredibly embarrassing. The really weird and scary thing is that although most of my face seems to have healed, I developed a large patch very itchy, red and bumpy hives on my left arm, a small patch on my chest and a couple itchy small ones on my right arm, all of which have lasted for the last 8+weeks and going. My fave still itches not as bad as initially but after 8+ weeks you'd think I would have been done. Anyway, I believe this new formula Just For Men has created is extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible to be on the market. After my horrible experience, I don't care even if they recall the current product and admit their mistake I will never use Just For Men again! DON"T BUY JUST FOR MEN DYE!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

JFM - Dark Brown. I have been a user of JFM for past 6 years or so and I never had problems till last one year. When applied to my mustache area (Twice a Week), the area has become very irritated and itchy with some clear sticky liquid oozing out continuously. It is causing lot a pain and irritation in that area, which is quite an embarrassing situation for anyone to be in. The product's quality has fallen drastically and appears to be extremely dangerous to use. As I read from other reviews here, it appears if I stop using this product, my condition may alleviate. Even when used on scalp, it is forming hives and some liquid is secreting making the hair also sticky. The product could be carcinogenic. STAY AWAY FROM ALL JFM.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I’ve used this product for years with no issues, and now suddenly after the past 3-4 uses on my chin, I starting getting bad itches and scars. Now tonight, my chin is really swollen???? Something changed in this product and everyone is facing it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I used Just for Men mustache dye for years on my brows. I used dark blonde. Then the past year it just hasn't been working to color my gray. I tried darker colors, many even black. What the heck happened to the formula?? Very disappointed. Don't know what to use now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Hi. I have used this product weekly for honestly 15-20 yrs. Suddenly around 4-5 uses ago I had an allergic reaction and don’t know why. Since then, thinking it was a one off, I have had burning skin and scabs on my scalp and under my beard. I just had it happen again tonight 10/10/19 and I have to stop using it. I decided to look it up as I was certain they have changed formula and see all these posts. Most of them revealing this has only just started. WTF?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I was unaware of problems with Just For Men until today. Approximately 2 years ago I used Just for Men Beard Dye to prepare for a friend's wedding. When I woke up the next morning my face was swollen, oozing a clear viscous fluid, blisters and redness under my beard and down my neck and had difficulty in breathing. I spent hours in the emergency room while they treated me for the reaction I had. There was a lot of urgency on behalf of the emergency room staff. Since that time my immune system has been compromised and I continually break out in hives all over my body. These continued reactions of created nothing but continued issues for me, issues that I still suffer from to this day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT... It needs to be pulled from the shelves.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been using the product to remove some gray out of my mustache and beard for several years. I bought a new box of the Just For Men lately and it has given me some side effects. It has started to burn my skin and causing me to have blisters and some discharge running down my upper lip. What did they do to he formula? I have been forced to stop using the product Just For Men and looking to another product that will not cause harm to my skin.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

So I decided to dye some gray areas in my mustache. I came across this product in the supermarket and thought I'd give it a try. I did the patch test - all good. So as I was putting the dye on I felt a warming sensation on my upper lip. I left the dye in for around 3 minutes then rinsed it off. About half an hour after the skin under my mustache started to itch and tingle. That night my upper lip began to weep clear fluid and kept leaking through the night. The next day my upper lip was swollen like a balloon. It's been over 3 weeks and it's all starting to clear up but I'll never put that crap near my face again. Stay away from it!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have been using this product for some time now with no problems. However, over the last month my face has started to become very itchy and sore. I have blisters and weeping sores all over my face/neck. I have trouble sleeping from the immense itching-tightness of my face. It feels like sunburn on steroids! This product needs to be recalled and investigated. I have no reason to have obtained an overnight reaction. No changes to my normal products, etc. I am convinced that an ingredient in the dye has changed or it’s something to do with the manufacturer. I won’t ever buy this product again and I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone. If I could update a photo on this forum I would just to warn any potential user because it looks disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had used this product since Jan 2010 without a problem or incident. The day I was burned in early 2015 was the last day I ever dyed anything. It burned my chest and my scalp. The pain lasted for days and the blisters drained for days as well. The itching was crazy, but you could not scratch because it was so tender. I have 6 brothers who all have their hair and I had a good head of hair until that day. My hair was falling out in clumps and all over the top. I always went light on the sides as a little gray on sides was ok with me. So I don’t seem to have damage there.

I spent $12,000 plus high interest to have 2,000 grafts for a hair transplants (I am still making payments). My scalp is scared and looks really bad and I need another 3-4,000 grafts to cover it up. The only hair I have on top is my 2,000 grafts and it is so thin, it doesn’t do the job. These days shaved heads are in, but not if your scalp looks scarred up like mine. This will cost me another $16,000. I enjoy boating and water skiing as well as vacations in the sun during cold winters. I have to always be aware of the scars on my chest and try not to expose it too much sun. Lots of sunscreen in that area. It still looks bad and I have had people ask me what happened.

Just For Men Company Information