Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Just For Men Shop Now

Just For Men Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just For Men?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I’m quite sure most reading this are currently experiencing itching, burning and yellow puss all over the areas that they applied Just for Men beard dye. I am writing this to offer some comfort to folks who are currently in what I call the freak-out stage. Like others I have used Just for Men previously with no issues. Two weeks ago I used the same as previous applications, and within 10-12 hrs after application I experienced the worst itching burning sensation ever in my life. I wanted to rip my face off. I applied aloe vera during the day and at night I alternated with antibiotic ointment and medicated honey. To help with sleeping I took an antihistamine, which provided minimal comfort (minimal was better than nothing). The itching lasted 4-5 full days. The yellow puss and crusting lasted about 3-4 days.

I used the aloe liberally throughout the day. It soaks into your skin and does not leave your beard oily or greasy. Think of this chemical burn as a really bad sunburn. After 7 days I finally felt like I was getting better. Between 7-14 days I experienced severely flaking skin and each day noticed the redness starting to fade away a bit. It’s now 14 full days and I finally feel like I’m getting back to normal. Also, guys keep hydrated, drink lots of water. You will get through this, everyone will experience something different, but generally it looks like everyone goes through the same scary stages. I’m not a doctor, so for folks who are experience some of the more severe swelling and difficulty swallowing, please seek medical attention. Hopefully you guys currently in the itching and yellow puss stage find some comfort and relief after reading this review. Good Luck. Shame on drugstores for selling such a dangerous product.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Same as others have written here. I've successfully used this product for years. This past fall after using it, my face developed a full bleeding rash with yellow puss that dried into a crystal-like crust. I went to do the doc and he thought it might be contagious and I had to stop all social events for a week, and I eventually healed with topical and pill antibiotics. Fast forward three months and I try this product again and the same thing happens. I had not made the connection the first time. How can this company sell this product? It's a product that goes on your skin, and burns it off. I'm not allergic to any other product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Used this product for almost 10 years, no problem, until recently, a couple months ago. I noticed my beard started to itch. Since I kept my beard very low, I just assumed it was maybe a few ingrown hairs. You know the beard hair curling and prickly into your skin. That's what I thought. I would apply the dye like once a week (every 4 days or so).

This went on for over 2 months until through the process of elimination, I finally realized my face was burning from the dye. I had no clue. It had been working perfectly for years? But the story gets worse. I stopped the dye. The allergic reaction on my face slowly went away... But this entire time, my lower lip was chapped. I had no clue it was related as I assumed it was the colder weather season. The allergic reaction to the dye caused my lower lip to become swollen and inflamed. The reaction has subsided, but now, my lower lip started to show hyperpigmentation, almost like if I've been smoking a lot (and I don't smoke at all).

After countless hours, I've discovered it to be "Pigmented Contact Cheilitis"...which is caused by the allergic reaction to 'Paraphenylenediamine' (PPD) which is a chemical substance that is widely used as a permanent hair dye (which is found in Just For Men). Its been 4 weeks since my last use. My lips aren't chapped, no reaction, but I'm left with hyperpigmentation which now I'm making my rounds to every dermatologist specialist to seek treatment for hyper-pigment in lips. I've spent almost $500 so far on lip treatments. It's been a pain. Ugh! Feel free to contact me if you're going through this. I'm happy to chat and share my treatment. - Mike (email: **)

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Stay away from this product. Used for. Year before no issues.. Then when started using it again within hours face had gone red around beard line...woke up to a swollen neck pus weeping sores and the itching is unbearable. A week later still not healed, lips were burnt, blisters in corner of my mouth and now I have developed hives all over my legs which I have never experienced before.. This stuff is poison and Just For Men know it. Someone needs to be held accountable for this crap.. It’s ruining people’s lives.. disgusting product..

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I started dying my beard few months ago. The first time when I bought it, it worked well without any issues or side effects. This is my second time that I bought JFM 55 (Dec-2019). I had that burning sensation, irritation white fluid coming out of the pores of the beard area which later turned yellow (puss). I really thought that it's some kind of allergy. The condition lasted about 5 days. 2 days ago (01-21-20) I used it again and same thing happened. Irritation, swelling, stiff chin and puss. I did that for a job interview which I doubt that I will be able to go now after using this poisonous product. Right now I am thinking about going to ER. Last night when I slept, I woke up with 3 stains of puss (Yellow fluid/discharge from the wound under my beard and mustache. Two stains were on my t-shirt and 1 on my pillow. I wanna know if together we can file a lawsuit against this poisonous product.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I've been using this product for a few years now without any problems. Now I've been getting the most horrendous side effects. She'll be itchy and my face really irritated. The worst side effect of all is my lip swelling to an enormous size and the most awful sticky clear/yellowish liquid is coming out that would scab awfully and look like I was in a horror film. Inside my lip, hard lumps would appear. I saw dermatologists and doctors and I was being tested for so many things (herpes, even AIDS!) Hair dye was not one of the things that was mentioned to me but it had to be more than coincidence that within days of applying it I would be having these side effects again.

Embarrassment at work... My self-confidence dropped. I would avoid facing people. But like a fool, I would continue using this, believing it couldn't be the dye. I applied it yesterday, and lo and behold, last night my chin was so itchy and this morning my lip is swollen, the skin above my lip has red bumps that are really sore -and I deliberately didn't even apply this to my moustache area! I did a web search today and found this site showed similar reviews. I am relieved that I am not alone in this yet upset. I'll look for pictures to attach of how bad it gets. NEVER buying this again. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have been using Just for Men Black dye products just about every week for over 10 years with no problem until last few months. Now I experience itchy scalp the day after applying which go on for a couple of days. I will be returning the unopen boxes I have and will enter the silver fox days with gray hair.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Applied mixed cream for 5 mins. Felt ok for a few hours then the bad itching started. Carried on for 3 days. This product is poison. Yes my beard is nice color but is it worth the pain. I dont think I will use again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

So, I've been using Just For Men for probably 10+ years with absolutely no problem...Until now!! I went to the drug store and purchased a large stockpile of JFM hair dye because I like to keep lots on hand for convenience. Anyway, I think I noticed the box design had changed but thought nothing of it. I applied the new product on my face and felt a slight more of a burn and again thought nothing of it...until the next day!! Holymotherofgod!!! My face felt like someone threw bleach or chlorine on my face and rubbed poison ivy on it!! My face swelled up, it was red all over, itched like crazy and puss started to ooze out of it. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do or how to treat it, I just thought i'd ride it out.

Well, after about a week it kinda started to heal but not without extreme discomfort, puss from my face and a lot of facial scabs causing dandruff which was incredibly embarrassing. The really weird and scary thing is that although most of my face seems to have healed, I developed a large patch very itchy, red and bumpy hives on my left arm, a small patch on my chest and a couple itchy small ones on my right arm, all of which have lasted for the last 8+weeks and going. My fave still itches not as bad as initially but after 8+ weeks you'd think I would have been done. Anyway, I believe this new formula Just For Men has created is extremely dangerous and highly irresponsible to be on the market. After my horrible experience, I don't care even if they recall the current product and admit their mistake I will never use Just For Men again! DON"T BUY JUST FOR MEN DYE!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

JFM - Dark Brown. I have been a user of JFM for past 6 years or so and I never had problems till last one year. When applied to my mustache area (Twice a Week), the area has become very irritated and itchy with some clear sticky liquid oozing out continuously. It is causing lot a pain and irritation in that area, which is quite an embarrassing situation for anyone to be in. The product's quality has fallen drastically and appears to be extremely dangerous to use. As I read from other reviews here, it appears if I stop using this product, my condition may alleviate. Even when used on scalp, it is forming hives and some liquid is secreting making the hair also sticky. The product could be carcinogenic. STAY AWAY FROM ALL JFM.

Just For Men Company Information