Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste

1.7/5 (985 ratings)

About Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

In the beginning I thought it was awesome. After a few weeks I couldn't figure out why my mouth felt funny then my esophagus. Last week it caused chemical burns all over the inside of my mouth, tongue, and throat. I will not use any more Crest products.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

This specific toothpaste (Gum Detoxify) made my teeth painful sensitive!!! 2 wks ago, I had my teeth cleaned & checked. Everything was fine, I don’t have any cavities or prob. Just sensitive gums, tried this Crest Gum Detoxify and notice that my teeth aches esp. to hot food & drinks! It’s awfully painful, that I thought I had some prob with my teeth but it’s not!! I immediately threw this in the garbage! Do not buy!!!

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

This toothpaste clogged My Father's pipes after using it. He's also had swelling and ringing in the Ears since using this toothpaste. It builds up on Your Toothbrush also. The Warning on the label worries Me. This needs Immediate Attention Please.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I like to try different toothpastes, especially any that freshen breath and are good for gum health. Saw this one and bought it two days ago. It has a pleasant minty taste and a somewhat gritty texture, but not rough at all. At 6.99 for a 4.1 oz tube, this is already pretty expensive. I've only had it two days, used it three times a day, and I'm already squeezing to get more paste out of the tube. I don't mind paying more for a good quality toothpaste. My mistake for buying a small tube, but this is just not enough product for the price.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Sore throat and tongue from using. Pretty intense discomfort. Thought that I was having a allergic reaction to something but couldn't figure from what. Has left me with a bad sore throat with burning tongue

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I have been suffering with mouth sores and I have noticed the sores come up every time I use Crest Toothpaste. It causes me a lot of pain and I am unable to consume any food or drinks because of the pain. My doctor has prescribed me medication and I have sworn never to use Crest Toothpaste ever again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Crest Gum Detoxify Caused sores, canker sores, burning, gums on fire & sloughing of gums. I don’t like writing negative reviews but feel it’s important since Crest Gum Detoxify has had same effects on others per some Amazon reviews and Google searches. I never had any issues with mouth sores but after using this toothpaste for couple months my mouth developed painful sores and lesions (canker) on sides of my tongue and all my gums as well as on-fire burning gums, & sloughing of gums, even was in back of my tongue felt like.

It took me a while to connect the mouth burning, etc to the Crest Gum Detoxify and then I stopped using it and under advice of dentist I’m using sensitive toothpaste or just baking soda and a compounded Rx mouthwash named “Magic Mouthwash.” It has helped but I still have couple lesions that won’t go away and rough gums and cheeks and burning. They seem to get better then worse again. My dentist is following up with me to make sure doesn’t develop in something else.

I contacted Crest and they said they hadn’t heard of this before me (but they did say each person is different) and then they sent me a $10 Visa card. But There are reviews on Amazon and internet that contradict that. Yes, it could be an allergic reaction that is just me and some others but it all seems a little coincidental. For decades I used Colgate regular and never any issue but with me getting a little older I thought the Gum Detoxify might be advantageous since my dentist suggested, as well. This pain has caused me to stop enjoying foods and drink that I enjoy and I feel that P&G should own up to the fact that this toothpaste has caused same adverse effects in others. Just as I get the worst sore I think is healed it breaks open again. This has been going on for months now. I am regularly seeing my dentist for follow-ups. I’m a senior and this added expense I feel was avoidable if these side effects had been told on the package.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I normally use Colgate but set the tube somewhere so I have been using Crest pro health... Wrong thing to EVER do. My teeth are in so much pain and super sensitive to the point that I can't even drink warm water. I used it yesterday and the inside of my lip peeled right after brushing my teeth. This is absolutely in pain and I keep using it. After the pain I'm in, I'm staying FAR away from Crest. I've never had pain like this before, to the point that breathing through my mouth made the pain worse.. I was fine until I started using the Crest toothpaste.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I used this toothpaste for about 4 days. Had extreme burning and dry mouth. Stopped using it and still after about 6 weeks still struggling to restore the moisture in my mouth. Could peroxide have permanently damaged my tissue? Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how long to get better. I'm getting worried that I am going to have major dental and mouth issues. Really trying to keep mouth clean and using Biotene mouthwash and probiotics to avoid thrush. Ugh. I need some relief soon.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The Pro-Health toothpaste and Advanced Extra Whitening No Alcohol mouthwash burns my tongue and gums, and has given me sores on my tongue and gums. I didn't realize what it was until I read the reviews. My tongue really hurts and it stops me from enjoying food. Today is my last day using Crest Products.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information