Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Crest Toothpaste Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I used Crest Gum Detoxify only once. It caused the bottom of my gum to recede and instant pain in my gums. I later found out that I had a swollen gland in my mouth, which caused dry mouth (extreme thirst, swollen jaw/teeth feeling gritty, etc.) Please go to the ER/clinic and and get a CT scan. To anyone who can't get to an a doctor\no insurance I suffered for 4 days until I couldn't take it anymore. For relief, I used Aloe Water, ** for the mouth, drinking milk, and coconut oil pulling and painkillers. I also switched to a natural toothpaste. Hopefully this helps someone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Received a sample of detoxify from the dentist. At first I really liked the feel on my teeth and gums. After 3 days of using both morning and night, I developed an awful taste in my mouth. So bad it woke me up during the night. It was to the scary point. Trying to figure out what was going on, I decided to brush with my regular Crest with Scope paste on the fourth day. Finally, the metal awful taste mostly disappeared. I decided to look on the Internet for reviews and am finding out I’m not the only one experiencing negative results. I’m going to throw out the sample tube of Detoxify.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Like many others Crest Detoxify toothpaste made me feel like my tongue and sides of cheeks were on fire. It even made my lips feel strange. I used it for approx 2 weeks and symptoms kept getting worse... back to the old. Ugh.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I had been using Crest 3D whitening toothpaste for about 6 months. I didn’t really notice anything out of the ordinary until I took a closer look. My gums had started receding and I’m only 18 so me having receding gums can’t be blamed on my age.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

A few days after using Crest Gum Detoxify toothpaste my tongue was white, I developed painful sores, and had an awful metal taste in my mouth. It took almost a week for me to figure out it was the toothpaste. I stopped using it and found relief almost immediately. The metal taste in my mouth stopped completely, the sores healed almost overnight and the white on my tongue is almost gone. I will take it back to Target.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Unlike others, I did not have symptoms right away that I was aware of. After 2 days of use, my gums started randomly bleeding, extremely scary stuff! Went straight into the trash bin, won't even bother with a refund! Lost a customer for life!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

When I first started using the toothpaste kit it seemed to be working like it said on the packet (that it should start to work in just 3 days). I did see a slight difference but was going to keep using and see if my teeth appear any more whiter however I can’t continue to use both toothpastes as they have burned my inner cheek and the inside of my lips, it has also made the skin of my inner cheeks peel and I seem to get bits of peeled skin falling onto my tongue. And the worst part is that on the inner part of my top lip blisters have formed making doing anything such eating, drinking and brushing teeth quite painful. I really don’t recommend this teeth whitening toothpaste set unless you want the inside of your face to fall off.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

In August of 2018 I tried a tube of Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening with Tarter Control Toothpaste to help whiten my teeth. After about 3 months I developed a salty, bitter, taste, occasional bumps on and under my tongue, and a slick saliva ooze from the front and around the edges of my tongue, occasional bursts of sweetness from the sides of my tongue. My taste buds were damaged by this product and still to this day, December 2019. Anything that touches my tongue results in the same taste. Hot foods enhance to slick salty ooze. Going on two years, I am still suffering with these symptoms.

My dentist is clueless. My doctor says it could be peroxide burn but doesn't know. An ENT specialist is willing to look at me but probably a waste of time and money. Proctor and Gamble/Crest continued to inform me their products are safe. They may not be fatal, but I disagree with them being safe. I have tried other toothpastes, mouthwashes, home remedies, etc. No change. I wonder if my systems will eventually clear up or is this something I have to live with for the rest of my life. I continue to search for answers. If someone else has a remedy, please post it. I will never use another Crest product ever again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

This product is absolutely terrible. I only used it for two days and my gums are inflamed and burning. The pain is unreal and I have little blisters on my gum line. I am horrified by this. Crest needs to be held accountable for this product. Today my gums are bleeding and the pain is intense and throbbing.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have a dental bridge so thought this product would be good for my teeth and gums. After only 2 days brushing with it, my tongue feels like it has chemical burn. Edges and tip of tongue are red. Floor of my mouth, under my tongue is inflamed with blisters. Top of tongue has a white coating. I quit using it 2 days ago but tongue/mouth is still red, blistered and sore. AWFUL product.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information