Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Crest Toothpaste Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest Toothpaste?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

In three days of using Crest Prohealth Clinical Mouthwash, I've lost my sense of taste in the front half of my tongue (especially when something is salty), my saliva glands are swollen and very sore on both sides of my face to the point of looking like a chipmunk, opening my mouth is painful, eating/drinking causes intense fire-like sensations in my cheeks (similar to when you eat something really sour) with every bite, and my gums are more sensitive than before.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My teen daughter used Crest toothpaste (cinnamon) and had an immediate reaction on her lips and mouth, with her skin turning bright red and burning badly. I thought sh She said that it happens any time she gets it outside of her mouth.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I wanted to try a mouthwash and saw that one was good for pretty much everything. So after one day and two uses, I developed immediate chemical burns all over my mouth and tongue which hurt so bad it kept me up all night. I hope it heals soon. It hurts.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I used Crest 3D White because I drink coffee. For months I had a burning mouth. Gums, tongue, roof of mouth & back of throat. I went for a cleaning. She said, "Boy your gums are red. What did you do?" She did not question my toothpaste use. My checkup was fine. No gingivitis or infections. Last month back of my throat looked like it was stained red. What the? My doctor put me on antibiotic as it looked like a bad infection. Of course I panicked it was covid. It barely improved. Then I found this website! I felt sick of my stomach! It had to be that Crest 3D white! I had what everyone else has experienced. I quit. Switched to Tom's & finally after about a week I got rid of the burning feeling. Another wk to clear up my raw throat & gums. I peeled too on one side of my mouth. This product is NOT safe. I'd give it no stars if I could! It chemically burned my mouth no question. It needs pulled!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I started to use this toothpaste after it was recommended by a friend. It seemed to be doing what I read, foaming, reaching below the gum line, had a nice taste and so I adopted it as my daily dental care. In about 2 weeks I started to experience a burning sensation on my tongue. Initially figured I ate something that burned my mouth, ie, salsa or tomato sauce. I waited for it to go away but it did not so, I had to analyze what new product was I using. Years ago I tried the Colgate Total toothpaste and developed a metallic taste that would not go away. Remembering that, I stopped using the Crest and about 10 days later my mouth was normal, no more fire tongue. What is in this stuff?

Original review: April 13, 2020

I started using Crest detoxify a couple months ago after getting a sample from my dentist. Thought the extra money spent on this product would help me, but it actually has been the cause to my pain. I have been ruling out many medical conditions that could cause the pain and burning to my mouth, lips, tongue and inside cheeks. I came across all the concerns about the toothpaste and couldn't believe that would be the cause. One day of switching from crest detoxify toothpaste to regular baking soda and the burning pain is already diminishing. Get the detoxify off the shelf! Will report it to my dentist and encourage them to get rid of it too.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I normally do not write reviews. I normally love Crest Toothpaste and have used it for years. But recently I used Crest complete whitening plus scope and have been unable to taste my food unless it is extremely sweet/salty.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have been using Crest Pro Health Toothpaste for a little over a month and recently started to realize that everything needed salt. I am not person who uses or likes a lot of salt in my food, but I couldn't taste anything. After eating a few restaurant meals (which are notoriously salty) I thought that they also needed salt. At some point, I realized that I couldn't taste my own tongue and started to suspect it was the toothpaste. I don't have this problem with the Crest Pro Health mouthwash though, just the toothpaste. I have stopped using it and I am slowly starting to get my taste buds back. I don't know what is in this toothpaste but that degree of numbing to the mouth is concerning.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I used Crest Gum Detoxify only once. It caused the bottom of my gum to recede and instant pain in my gums. I later found out that I had a swollen gland in my mouth, which caused dry mouth (extreme thirst, swollen jaw/teeth feeling gritty, etc.) Please go to the ER/clinic and and get a CT scan. To anyone who can't get to an a doctor\no insurance I suffered for 4 days until I couldn't take it anymore. For relief, I used Aloe Water, ** for the mouth, drinking milk, and coconut oil pulling and painkillers. I also switched to a natural toothpaste. Hopefully this helps someone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Received a sample of detoxify from the dentist. At first I really liked the feel on my teeth and gums. After 3 days of using both morning and night, I developed an awful taste in my mouth. So bad it woke me up during the night. It was to the scary point. Trying to figure out what was going on, I decided to brush with my regular Crest with Scope paste on the fourth day. Finally, the metal awful taste mostly disappeared. I decided to look on the Internet for reviews and am finding out I’m not the only one experiencing negative results. I’m going to throw out the sample tube of Detoxify.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information