Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Crest Toothpaste Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2020

I started using Crest detoxify a couple months ago after getting a sample from my dentist. Thought the extra money spent on this product would help me, but it actually has been the cause to my pain. I have been ruling out many medical conditions that could cause the pain and burning to my mouth, lips, tongue and inside cheeks. I came across all the concerns about the toothpaste and couldn't believe that would be the cause. One day of switching from crest detoxify toothpaste to regular baking soda and the burning pain is already diminishing. Get the detoxify off the shelf! Will report it to my dentist and encourage them to get rid of it too.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I normally do not write reviews. I normally love Crest Toothpaste and have used it for years. But recently I used Crest complete whitening plus scope and have been unable to taste my food unless it is extremely sweet/salty.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have been using Crest Pro Health Toothpaste for a little over a month and recently started to realize that everything needed salt. I am not person who uses or likes a lot of salt in my food, but I couldn't taste anything. After eating a few restaurant meals (which are notoriously salty) I thought that they also needed salt. At some point, I realized that I couldn't taste my own tongue and started to suspect it was the toothpaste. I don't have this problem with the Crest Pro Health mouthwash though, just the toothpaste. I have stopped using it and I am slowly starting to get my taste buds back. I don't know what is in this toothpaste but that degree of numbing to the mouth is concerning.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I used Crest Gum Detoxify only once. It caused the bottom of my gum to recede and instant pain in my gums. I later found out that I had a swollen gland in my mouth, which caused dry mouth (extreme thirst, swollen jaw/teeth feeling gritty, etc.) Please go to the ER/clinic and and get a CT scan. To anyone who can't get to an a doctor\no insurance I suffered for 4 days until I couldn't take it anymore. For relief, I used Aloe Water, ** for the mouth, drinking milk, and coconut oil pulling and painkillers. I also switched to a natural toothpaste. Hopefully this helps someone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Received a sample of detoxify from the dentist. At first I really liked the feel on my teeth and gums. After 3 days of using both morning and night, I developed an awful taste in my mouth. So bad it woke me up during the night. It was to the scary point. Trying to figure out what was going on, I decided to brush with my regular Crest with Scope paste on the fourth day. Finally, the metal awful taste mostly disappeared. I decided to look on the Internet for reviews and am finding out I’m not the only one experiencing negative results. I’m going to throw out the sample tube of Detoxify.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Like many others Crest Detoxify toothpaste made me feel like my tongue and sides of cheeks were on fire. It even made my lips feel strange. I used it for approx 2 weeks and symptoms kept getting worse... back to the old. Ugh.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I had been using Crest 3D whitening toothpaste for about 6 months. I didn’t really notice anything out of the ordinary until I took a closer look. My gums had started receding and I’m only 18 so me having receding gums can’t be blamed on my age.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

A few days after using Crest Gum Detoxify toothpaste my tongue was white, I developed painful sores, and had an awful metal taste in my mouth. It took almost a week for me to figure out it was the toothpaste. I stopped using it and found relief almost immediately. The metal taste in my mouth stopped completely, the sores healed almost overnight and the white on my tongue is almost gone. I will take it back to Target.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Unlike others, I did not have symptoms right away that I was aware of. After 2 days of use, my gums started randomly bleeding, extremely scary stuff! Went straight into the trash bin, won't even bother with a refund! Lost a customer for life!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

When I first started using the toothpaste kit it seemed to be working like it said on the packet (that it should start to work in just 3 days). I did see a slight difference but was going to keep using and see if my teeth appear any more whiter however I can’t continue to use both toothpastes as they have burned my inner cheek and the inside of my lips, it has also made the skin of my inner cheeks peel and I seem to get bits of peeled skin falling onto my tongue. And the worst part is that on the inner part of my top lip blisters have formed making doing anything such eating, drinking and brushing teeth quite painful. I really don’t recommend this teeth whitening toothpaste set unless you want the inside of your face to fall off.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information