Crest Toothpaste

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm seeking an attorney and dentist to help me. I used Crest 3D WHITE Whitening toothpaste step 1 and Brilliance Step 2. On the third day my mouth was really sore and raw. Three days later my lips inside lower lip was burned and my bottom lip started to blister. The pain is excruciating!! Day 5 I have a canker sore on the tip of my tongue, my gums are peeling and bleeding. I can barely eat. Please contact me.

About a week into using the mouthwash for the first time ever, my mouth started to get a burning sensation and no time after, my throat starts to feel weird and tight and I've got a canker sore??? They need to be recalled. My whole mouth is extremely sensitive now, something I've never experienced. I'm not happy but I'm relieved I'm not the only one experiencing these side effects.

I had a problem on my gums and I never had tried Crest Pro Health Advanced toothpaste before but yesterday night I did and I had a severe allergic burning reaction and swollen lips and tongue! Very dangerous! Please don't use it! BEWARE!

I needed to change my toothpaste to something for sensitivity and gingivitis because I'm prone to both and I couldn't find my usual toothpaste. I decided on Crest Pro Health. The first night I used it I woke up with strings of a jelly like substance in my tongue, inside of my cheeks and gums. I've had the same thing with other toothpastes and it worsens my dry mouth. Furthermore, the texture of the toothpaste is grainy and I remembered reading that many Crest products have little balls that get trapped in the surface of your teeth and in your gumline. I will be getting a new toothpaste ASAP!

Last 2 tubes of Crest pro health toothpaste I bought have caps that do not close tightly and toothpaste leaks out all over making a big mess - will not buy more Crest unless caps are made so this does not happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

The flip top is impossible to latch. Toothpaste leaks out of the tube top! Very wasteful! My husband and I both are very disappointed! First flip top toothpaste tube we've had and I will never purchase another one! I have to set the top on something because it oozes out of the tube so much!!

My husband and I started using this mouthwash hoping that our routine dental checkups would be better. I noticed my bottom teeth were staining brown. I wanted to stop after one month but my husband said we should continue until our next dental appointment. We were not sure if it was the mouthwash. When we saw our hygienist, she was appalled. She said to stop using the mouthwash immediately. Our routine cleaning exam was an ordeal. She had to use extra procedures to get that staining out. We cannot believe that this product is on the market. Please beware before buying this product. Ask your dentist first. I wish we would have done that.

I used this product only once, since then I lost my taste buds completely. While eating any food I feel like eating some metal. Thought Crest is the good product and I am going to stop using these products. And I feel little bumps on my tongue. Not sure how this product is still in market without any warnings on it. Also not sure how FDA approved this when there are side effects.

Crest Pro Health are the worst products. I got severe allergic reaction to it twice (swollen mouth, canker sores, overall pain)! I recommend not to use Crest products. I don't understand how somebody hasn't sued this company already. This is unacceptable! They obviously don't test their products or test them very poorly. Unbelievable!

The last two times I have purchased Crest toothpaste I have had problems with the cap. The first time the cap completely broke off. The second time the cap will not close and the gel toothpaste runs out of the tube and makes a mess.

I had been using Crest toothpaste and decided to upgrade myself to the ProHealth. And I purchased the mouthwash to go along with. I only used the mouthwash in the evening when I brushed my teeth before going to bed. Day 1 and 2 of using them together was fine. Day 3, my mouth burned a little when using the mouthwash. Day 4, my mouth hurt after using it. I woke up the next morning and the inside of my mouth was sore and the skin on my gums and inside my cheeks starting peeling off. I could not believe how much it hurt and how much was peeling. My gums receded. My tongue was burning and raw and sometimes I couldn't speak - I had horrible dry mouth. Needless to say I stopped using them both.

A month has passed. My gums will never recover from the damage. My tongue still burns. There are now certain foods I cannot have because it makes it worse. I cannot have tea or coffee anymore. I am just horrified that a company like Crest would allow this product to still be out on the market. They use an ingredient that is in water softener salt. I hope one day I heal, but I am getting worried that may never happen. Please do not use these products.

Discontinue use of Crest Pro-Health Immediately. Anyone using this terrible product should stop! I bought a small tube to take on a business trip and used it only twice. As described by the other reviewers, the effects are immediate and unpleasant. My lips still feel swollen 12 hours later and my gums are sore - ironic, given that the product purports to protect gums. P&G - if you are reading reviews you should pay heed - take this crappy product off of the market and do a recall.

I have been using Crest 3D White Luxe for several months now. I knew that whitening toothpastes can cause gum sensitivity but I never thought that this toothpaste would cause so much problems. I started experiencing extreme dry mouth and I found it difficult to swallow when I woke up during the night. I also experienced tooth pain and bleeding and swelling gums as well as tingling on my gum and lips. I also noticed that my lips started looking weird and weren't the natural pink color they have always been, but I thought maybe they were just dry because of the cold weather.

When I took a closer look at them in my magnifying mirror, I noticed small bumps all over my lips. When I inspected my gums, there were small white bumps all over my gums. I went online and looked up possible causes of mouth and gum rash and thought that I might have a yeast infection or thrush. I ruled that out since it wasn't around my mouth. I'm glad I thought about looking up information on this toothpaste when I found all these complaints. I'm throwing out this toothpaste right now!

I used the toothpaste and loved the freshness of how it made my mouth feel. I was sold after using it one time. My niece shared hers with me. She mentioned to me that she purchased her from the Dollar Tree store. I bought ten tubes of it. After using the refresher gel toothpaste, I noticed a bump on my upper lip. I was appose to bursting the bump. I accidentally wash it while being in the shower. It bleed and I attempted to squeeze it and applied pressure on the bump to stop the bleeding. As of now which is the 10th day, the bleeding has stopped but I have the ugliest bump where the skin has grown outside the lip. I am trying to get an appointment to see a dermatologist to remove the skin. I need some advice on how to get rid of this bump that is sitting on my top lip. It is so depressing. Please help.

I'm so glad I found this site. Had developed white lace like lesions on side of my tongue. They burned and were very painful. Was sensitive to spices and acidic food or drink. Went to 3 doctors and dentist. Had biopsy. Was insanely concerned. It finally went away. However we no one could diagnose me. I was using Crest 3 d whitening toothpaste. However I didn't make the connection. Confidentially I changed toothpastes. This week I went back to the Crest 3 d. My mouth is on fire and the lesions seek to be returning. I'm going to discontinue this product and see what happens. All the pain and suffering caused by a toothpaste. It should be taken off the shelves. Thanks to everyone who posted on this site for enlightening me. Hopefully discontinuing this product will help again!

I have been using Crest pro health toothpaste and mouthwash for the last 3 weeks and noticed a few weeks ago, my throats was feeling funny and teeth were aching and I thought it was just a cold since I teach. Two days ago, I drank some tea and I was unable to taste it. Plus, I had this metallic taste in my mouth. This had been going on for two days now. I thought what I have used differently, and that's when I remember it was this toothpaste and mouthwash and thank goodness I found this site. It's a shame we can't trust our favorite childhood brand toothpaste. Wish I had answers on what this is... and when this will go away.

When I read the other reviews posted on this site I had tears of relief and utter frustration. Finally, I have discovered the reason for my 2+ month episode of unrelenting gum pain, ongoing metallic-taste mouth discomfort, receding gums and constant anxiety over upcoming costly dental procedures. I have been in substantial pain and discomfort for 2+ months with these uncomfortable and painful symptoms... not to mention the depression accompanying the continuous pain and anxiety. After a daily internet search for the cause, I have finally found the source... Crest Pro-Health Advanced toothpaste... Thanks to the posts from other victims. All of the symptoms described by others describes my symptoms exactly.

I have been to 2 doctors: changed my glaucoma medication (because I thought that was the culprit... for which my eye doctor changed to a more expensive prescription medication). Gotten topical oral medication for my burning tongue/gum symptoms from my family doctor. My last resort was to go to a dentist for periodontal disease (which I now know is not the case). Crest Pro-Health Advanced toothpaste has already cost me significant $$$. Thank goodness I stumbled onto this site before incurring more unnecessary dental cost. Someone please get this product off of the market. Thank you to all the others who posted here!!! You have given me hope for a normal and continuous mouth-pain free life again.

I've just started using this toothpaste this week (November 16, 2016), and now I can't taste my food! The reviews are not good. Too bad I didn't think that I had to research a toothpaste BEFORE buying and using one. I've always used Crest. BEWARE. I hope my sense of taste returns soon.

I thought I was going crazy. I bought this toothpaste a few years back and I noticed immediately after starting to use it that I had weird stuff in my mouth like stringy stuff. Thinking maybe it was from my coffee creamer I blew it off, but it got worse and I was like "What the heck?!" It was gross. I quit using Crest Pro Health and it stopped immediately. That was a while ago. Recently I bought a 4 or 5 pack, forgetting about what had happened and on the way to work this morning it happened AGAIN!!! I searched reviews and saw the sloughing. That’s it.

After using Crest products for many years without negative incidence, and in particular after using "Pro-Health" for several years, I decided to try the Crest whitening toothpaste. After approximately 4 days, I began to experience "painful teeth". I've never really had this experience before, so it's kind of hard to describe. Sustained pain in my teeth themselves, pulsing and pervasive, triggered by eating or drinking anything that is not tepid, be it warm or cool. Hot and cold are out of the picture. Although I stopped using the product approximately four days after I started, the painful episodes are still continuing. Having undergone a lot of orthodonture in my youth, including the required pulling of teeth, I would put this pain on par with that experience following a particularly rigorous adjustment. Very painful. It stops me in my tracks.

I cannot believe that this product is on the market, if it can affect people this way. How many people have to suffer like myself. Anyone who puts a premium on having sparkling white teeth is a potential victim here. And when will this pain cease? What a mess. I am disgusted with this Company which I have always trusted with my oral health. I know I must do my part as well, but where is my fault in this situation? I would like to warn folks about using this, and possibly other teeth whitening products. I fear that our desire to be ever youthful in appearance may have consequences unanticipated. Even talking is painful, because the cold air rushes into my mouth, and starts the cycle once more. I think I'll become a ventriloquist.

Crest two step HD toothpaste - I want Crest to answer to some of these reviews. I too have tried this product for weeks now and it is ruining my mouth! It's seriously like pouring sulfuric acid on to your gums! This should not be allowed and we should all get our money back! Crest shame on you - this product is horrible! 1. It did not whiten my teeth at all. 2. My teeth are now uber sensitive where they weren't before. 3. My gums hurt and ache and I can barely stand to put a toothbrush anywhere near them now without severe pain. I'm hoping these symptoms rectify themselves with time - but no one should be subject to this when they think they are buying a decent (and can I say - expensive) product. Give us back our money Crest and stop selling this poison!

My dentist recommended this toothpaste. Although the toothpaste is okay I will not be buying it again. The tube is the same size as a 4 oz. tube of toothpaste but it only contains 2.6 oz. of toothpaste. What a pain trying to squeeze out the toothpaste and obvious deceit in their packaging!

I'm shocked as well reading these comments. I have been using Crest Whitening Diamond Strong Toothpaste and have been experiencing pain around my gums, swollen gums, painful sores on gums in between teeth, and receding gums (bad). Never experienced these problems before as I take good care of my teeth. Painful teeth brushing as well. I just could not understand what was going on with my gums all of a sudden. So until tonight I brushed my teeth and painful gums. I decided to do a review search on this toothpaste and lo and behold, people having the same issues and experience. Very shocked and upset.

I don't have dental coverage as of now, so can't go to the dentist. I'm just hoping the damage is reversible. Kinda scared of the painful, receding gum lines. I also read that people were experiencing sore throat. I don't have a sore throat, however my neck lymph nodes have been also hurting off and on. :( I hoping to search for good experiences after stopping use of this toothpaste.

I started using Crest Pro-Health Clinical Mouthwash about 5 days ago. Since then, my gums and top of my mouth have become very sore and are peeling. There is also soreness underneath my tongue. I have also noticed that my lips are dry and peeling. It is extremely hard for me to drink or eat anything!!! I'm in so much pain!!! I thought something was wrong with my mouth until I googled the reviews online. This product should be banned!!! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOUTHWASH!!!

I have been using this toothpaste for a long time now. I got it in bulk. My husband stopped using it because his tongue swelled and his mouth started peeling. I continued to use it, but every check up my mouth has horrible bleeding and I have to do a cleaning every 3 months. Painful cleanings, at first they blamed the pregnancy, but my daughter is now a year old and now my gums hurt and burn. I decided to look this toothpaste up and now everything makes sense. I also purchased the mouthwash. This is a slap to the face. What was purchased to help my mouth be its best is actually destroying it. My mom was also complaining of pain and burning. Now I know it is Crest toothpaste. I can't believe how much money this company has made me waste over the last year and 1/2.

They shouldn't be allowed to sell this stuff!!! I started using Crest Pro-Health toothpaste about 2.5 weeks ago, and have noticed severe mouth and gum irritation. My gums, roof of my mouth, under my tongue as well as my lips have been SO sensitive and I have this constant burning sensation, and have noticed little sores as well. Someone really needs to look into doing some real studies on this stuff. IT'S HORRIBLE!!! I thought I was gonna have to go to the dentist until I started reading all the other people's reviews as well, glad I am not the only one who has experienced this. I am IMMEDIATELY going to stop using this product. This stuff should be removed from all store shelves immediately!!!

I have used Crest HD. I looked up Crest HD and it contains sodium hydroxide. Sensodyne with whitening properties also contains sodium hydroxide. I just looked sodium hydroxide up at The ATSDR: "Inhalation of sodium hydroxide dust, mist, or aerosol may cause irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose, throat, and respiratory tract. Sodium hydroxide is odorless; thus, odor provides no warning of hazardous concentrations. Mucous membrane irritation occurs at the OSHA PEL (2 mg/m3) and is generally an adequate warning property for acute exposure to sodium hydroxide. However, workers exposed to prolonged or recurrent mists or aerosols of sodium hydroxide can become somewhat tolerant of the irritant effects. Sodium hydroxide of sufficient strength can hydrolyze proteins in tissues and can kill cells in tissues." Crest should warn people about their product.

My daughter began using Crest Pro-Health with healthy gums and mouth. The night she first started using this product she noticed a burning of her gums. The next morning she complained that she felt her throat, tongue and lips were swollen which added to her burning gums. By the end of the day her lips were peeling along with all the other mentioned symptoms on top of it. We narrowed down that Crest was the only different thing she had done. She stopped immediately but that did not relieve her symptoms. It has been 5 days of not being able to eat or drink without being in intense pain. She has taken to sucking on ice cubes to try and give her some relief. This has been extremely stressful on her trying to deal with the pain and agony. Something it's obviously in this toothpaste that she is not the only one that this has happened to. I would like to know what is being done to investigate this product!!! This needs to be addressed!

I recently decided to try the whitening kit by Crest. My teeth are slightly yellow and I didn't want to pay tons of money to get them done at the dentist. 2 days after using this product and my mouth burns. My lips are so dry, red and itchy. My gums and teeth are so sensitive. I've stopped using the product in hopes everything will return to normal. Never again wasting my money on Crest products.

I am so happy and relieved to find this site. I thought I was going to lose my mind with my mouth issues. Let me say that I have used Crest Whitening Toothpaste for over 3 years so when I started having problems, I never thought it was the toothpaste. Last year I went to my dentist to find out why my tongue burnt so bad. I could not eat spicy foods at all, hardly drink and yes I am a smoker. Smoking was awful. The dentist found nothing, very disappointing. I battled it off and on and went to my ENT. They thought it might be thrush. Took something for that and still did not help. Totally feels like I have chewed 50 packs of big red gum.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but I ended up having teeth issues that could not be figured out as to why. My pulp was extremely inflamed but yet my teeth was so hard - I had no visible signs of a cavity. I ended up with three root canals that could not be avoided or explained. The whole time I am still using Crest because I still have no idea that it is causing my mouth issue. Over the weekend my mouth burnt and hurt so bad and my throat swelled. I was out of town and used a different toothpaste and it is a little better but still burns very bad. I will stop all Crest products and hopefully this burning and hurting will go away.

Crest Toothpaste Company Profile