Crest Toothpaste

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been using Crest pro health toothpaste and mouthwash for the last 3 weeks and noticed a few weeks ago, my throats was feeling funny and teeth were aching and I thought it was just a cold since I teach. Two days ago, I drank some tea and I was unable to taste it. Plus, I had this metallic taste in my mouth. This had been going on for two days now. I thought what I have used differently, and that's when I remember it was this toothpaste and mouthwash and thank goodness I found this site. It's a shame we can't trust our favorite childhood brand toothpaste. Wish I had answers on what this is... and when this will go away.

When I read the other reviews posted on this site I had tears of relief and utter frustration. Finally, I have discovered the reason for my 2+ month episode of unrelenting gum pain, ongoing metallic-taste mouth discomfort, receding gums and constant anxiety over upcoming costly dental procedures. I have been in substantial pain and discomfort for 2+ months with these uncomfortable and painful symptoms... not to mention the depression accompanying the continuous pain and anxiety. After a daily internet search for the cause, I have finally found the source... Crest Pro-Health Advanced toothpaste... Thanks to the posts from other victims. All of the symptoms described by others describes my symptoms exactly.

I have been to 2 doctors: changed my glaucoma medication (because I thought that was the culprit... for which my eye doctor changed to a more expensive prescription medication). Gotten topical oral medication for my burning tongue/gum symptoms from my family doctor. My last resort was to go to a dentist for periodontal disease (which I now know is not the case). Crest Pro-Health Advanced toothpaste has already cost me significant $$$. Thank goodness I stumbled onto this site before incurring more unnecessary dental cost. Someone please get this product off of the market. Thank you to all the others who posted here!!! You have given me hope for a normal and continuous mouth-pain free life again.

I've just started using this toothpaste this week (November 16, 2016), and now I can't taste my food! The reviews are not good. Too bad I didn't think that I had to research a toothpaste BEFORE buying and using one. I've always used Crest. BEWARE. I hope my sense of taste returns soon.

I thought I was going crazy. I bought this toothpaste a few years back and I noticed immediately after starting to use it that I had weird stuff in my mouth like stringy stuff. Thinking maybe it was from my coffee creamer I blew it off, but it got worse and I was like "What the heck?!" It was gross. I quit using Crest Pro Health and it stopped immediately. That was a while ago. Recently I bought a 4 or 5 pack, forgetting about what had happened and on the way to work this morning it happened AGAIN!!! I searched reviews and saw the sloughing. That’s it.

After using Crest products for many years without negative incidence, and in particular after using "Pro-Health" for several years, I decided to try the Crest whitening toothpaste. After approximately 4 days, I began to experience "painful teeth". I've never really had this experience before, so it's kind of hard to describe. Sustained pain in my teeth themselves, pulsing and pervasive, triggered by eating or drinking anything that is not tepid, be it warm or cool. Hot and cold are out of the picture. Although I stopped using the product approximately four days after I started, the painful episodes are still continuing. Having undergone a lot of orthodonture in my youth, including the required pulling of teeth, I would put this pain on par with that experience following a particularly rigorous adjustment. Very painful. It stops me in my tracks.

I cannot believe that this product is on the market, if it can affect people this way. How many people have to suffer like myself. Anyone who puts a premium on having sparkling white teeth is a potential victim here. And when will this pain cease? What a mess. I am disgusted with this Company which I have always trusted with my oral health. I know I must do my part as well, but where is my fault in this situation? I would like to warn folks about using this, and possibly other teeth whitening products. I fear that our desire to be ever youthful in appearance may have consequences unanticipated. Even talking is painful, because the cold air rushes into my mouth, and starts the cycle once more. I think I'll become a ventriloquist.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Crest two step HD toothpaste - I want Crest to answer to some of these reviews. I too have tried this product for weeks now and it is ruining my mouth! It's seriously like pouring sulfuric acid on to your gums! This should not be allowed and we should all get our money back! Crest shame on you - this product is horrible! 1. It did not whiten my teeth at all. 2. My teeth are now uber sensitive where they weren't before. 3. My gums hurt and ache and I can barely stand to put a toothbrush anywhere near them now without severe pain. I'm hoping these symptoms rectify themselves with time - but no one should be subject to this when they think they are buying a decent (and can I say - expensive) product. Give us back our money Crest and stop selling this poison!

My dentist recommended this toothpaste. Although the toothpaste is okay I will not be buying it again. The tube is the same size as a 4 oz. tube of toothpaste but it only contains 2.6 oz. of toothpaste. What a pain trying to squeeze out the toothpaste and obvious deceit in their packaging!

I'm shocked as well reading these comments. I have been using Crest Whitening Diamond Strong Toothpaste and have been experiencing pain around my gums, swollen gums, painful sores on gums in between teeth, and receding gums (bad). Never experienced these problems before as I take good care of my teeth. Painful teeth brushing as well. I just could not understand what was going on with my gums all of a sudden. So until tonight I brushed my teeth and painful gums. I decided to do a review search on this toothpaste and lo and behold, people having the same issues and experience. Very shocked and upset.

I don't have dental coverage as of now, so can't go to the dentist. I'm just hoping the damage is reversible. Kinda scared of the painful, receding gum lines. I also read that people were experiencing sore throat. I don't have a sore throat, however my neck lymph nodes have been also hurting off and on. :( I hoping to search for good experiences after stopping use of this toothpaste.

I started using Crest Pro-Health Clinical Mouthwash about 5 days ago. Since then, my gums and top of my mouth have become very sore and are peeling. There is also soreness underneath my tongue. I have also noticed that my lips are dry and peeling. It is extremely hard for me to drink or eat anything!!! I'm in so much pain!!! I thought something was wrong with my mouth until I googled the reviews online. This product should be banned!!! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOUTHWASH!!!

I have been using this toothpaste for a long time now. I got it in bulk. My husband stopped using it because his tongue swelled and his mouth started peeling. I continued to use it, but every check up my mouth has horrible bleeding and I have to do a cleaning every 3 months. Painful cleanings, at first they blamed the pregnancy, but my daughter is now a year old and now my gums hurt and burn. I decided to look this toothpaste up and now everything makes sense. I also purchased the mouthwash. This is a slap to the face. What was purchased to help my mouth be its best is actually destroying it. My mom was also complaining of pain and burning. Now I know it is Crest toothpaste. I can't believe how much money this company has made me waste over the last year and 1/2.

They shouldn't be allowed to sell this stuff!!! I started using Crest Pro-Health toothpaste about 2.5 weeks ago, and have noticed severe mouth and gum irritation. My gums, roof of my mouth, under my tongue as well as my lips have been SO sensitive and I have this constant burning sensation, and have noticed little sores as well. Someone really needs to look into doing some real studies on this stuff. IT'S HORRIBLE!!! I thought I was gonna have to go to the dentist until I started reading all the other people's reviews as well, glad I am not the only one who has experienced this. I am IMMEDIATELY going to stop using this product. This stuff should be removed from all store shelves immediately!!!

I have used Crest HD. I looked up Crest HD and it contains sodium hydroxide. Sensodyne with whitening properties also contains sodium hydroxide. I just looked sodium hydroxide up at The ATSDR: "Inhalation of sodium hydroxide dust, mist, or aerosol may cause irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose, throat, and respiratory tract. Sodium hydroxide is odorless; thus, odor provides no warning of hazardous concentrations. Mucous membrane irritation occurs at the OSHA PEL (2 mg/m3) and is generally an adequate warning property for acute exposure to sodium hydroxide. However, workers exposed to prolonged or recurrent mists or aerosols of sodium hydroxide can become somewhat tolerant of the irritant effects. Sodium hydroxide of sufficient strength can hydrolyze proteins in tissues and can kill cells in tissues." Crest should warn people about their product.

My daughter began using Crest Pro-Health with healthy gums and mouth. The night she first started using this product she noticed a burning of her gums. The next morning she complained that she felt her throat, tongue and lips were swollen which added to her burning gums. By the end of the day her lips were peeling along with all the other mentioned symptoms on top of it. We narrowed down that Crest was the only different thing she had done. She stopped immediately but that did not relieve her symptoms. It has been 5 days of not being able to eat or drink without being in intense pain. She has taken to sucking on ice cubes to try and give her some relief. This has been extremely stressful on her trying to deal with the pain and agony. Something it's obviously in this toothpaste that she is not the only one that this has happened to. I would like to know what is being done to investigate this product!!! This needs to be addressed!

I recently decided to try the whitening kit by Crest. My teeth are slightly yellow and I didn't want to pay tons of money to get them done at the dentist. 2 days after using this product and my mouth burns. My lips are so dry, red and itchy. My gums and teeth are so sensitive. I've stopped using the product in hopes everything will return to normal. Never again wasting my money on Crest products.

I am so happy and relieved to find this site. I thought I was going to lose my mind with my mouth issues. Let me say that I have used Crest Whitening Toothpaste for over 3 years so when I started having problems, I never thought it was the toothpaste. Last year I went to my dentist to find out why my tongue burnt so bad. I could not eat spicy foods at all, hardly drink and yes I am a smoker. Smoking was awful. The dentist found nothing, very disappointing. I battled it off and on and went to my ENT. They thought it might be thrush. Took something for that and still did not help. Totally feels like I have chewed 50 packs of big red gum.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but I ended up having teeth issues that could not be figured out as to why. My pulp was extremely inflamed but yet my teeth was so hard - I had no visible signs of a cavity. I ended up with three root canals that could not be avoided or explained. The whole time I am still using Crest because I still have no idea that it is causing my mouth issue. Over the weekend my mouth burnt and hurt so bad and my throat swelled. I was out of town and used a different toothpaste and it is a little better but still burns very bad. I will stop all Crest products and hopefully this burning and hurting will go away.

If I weren't a dental hygienist, I would think I had some terrible disease! My gum tissue and lips are bright red, and they burn and feel swollen. I started using Crest 3D White about a month ago. (I have always been a Colgate girl, but this was something that Crest sent to me, so I thought I would give it a try.) Maybe two weeks later I felt little bumps inside my lips and my throat felt swollen when I swallowed. I could not think what might be the cause. Then I remembered years ago trying Crest for Sensitive Teeth, and the inside of my mouth started sloughing off. I quit using that one and it cleared up after a few days. I am hoping I get relief soon! I am no longer using it, and sadly for Crest, I will not recommend Crest to my patients, family or friends. I am back to being a Colgate girl.

How about 8 months ago I started using Pro Crest Health and never would imagine that this was the reason for the past 8 months that I've been so miserable that I haven't left the house or talk to anybody because I am so embarrassed of the condition that this toothpaste has left me in. Never in my life have I been so miserable. My mouth is so dry and for the past 5 months I've been so scared because I thought I have had cancer all because of using Pro Crest Health toothpaste. It has ripped my life apart and my gums are destroyed. I've actually thought about taking myself out because I've been so depressed about the situation that I thought there's no point in going on living and no this isn't an exaggeration. Having constant dry mouth and burning mouth and gums and your throat swollen to where you can't swallow is very miserable conditions to live in.

I really can't believe that they sell a product like this and nobody has been able to Sue this company. Things that I've felt since using the toothpaste - numb mouth, burning tongue and gums, mouth is so dry that produces no saliva at all, depression has set in over the past eight months to where I wanted to die. I've been to the hospital 6X and no doctor can give me a diagnosis from having the severe dry mouth over the past eight months. My mouth has developed a kind of trush that seems to never go away. My mouth taste like metallic. All the doctor's appointments and dentist appointments that I've been to and been able to find no answer.

This has cost me tens of thousands of dollars and I've been so depressed I haven't been able to do anything besides go to work and that has been pain and agony because I've been so embarrassed of this condition but I've developed from this toothpaste that I haven't done nothing with my life. I can go on and on and on and on. If anybody is having the same similar things happening in their life please contact me. I'm really going to try and sue this company.

Crest Pro health - Worst toothpaste ever! I bought it for the first time and immediately mouth was burning, sores developed, sensitivity to salty and acidic food and very dry mouth. I could not figure it out until I realized the toothpaste was causing it. Should be taken off the market immediately!

After having my teeth cleaned on Monday, August 1, 2016, I used the Crest Pro Health Toothpaste that was given to me in a packet by my dental hygienist. I also purchased Crest Pro Health Clinical Mouthwash to use with the toothpaste. I started using the toothpaste that afternoon. Tuesday I used the toothpaste and mouthwash twice and began noticing tenderness on my gums. Wednesday I had sores on the inside of my mouth and a white stringy substance coming off of my gums.

Thursday morning I called the dentist and had her look at my mouth to see what she thought it was. When she looked she was shocked at what she saw and had no idea what it was. She wanted me to see a Periodontist immediately. I declined and she offered to take photos of my mouth which she did. She said I could see a Dermatologist if I would rather. She ask what medications I was taking, if I had changed my diet, etc. Nothing had changed! The dentist gave me a prescription for Magic Mouthwash, which would not heal anything, it would only deaden the pain I was suffering.

I left the office and on the way home I remembered I had used the Crest Toothpaste and Mouthwash. When I got home I googled Crest Pro Health Toothpaste and found hundreds of complaints and all of them matched my symptoms. I was able to see my Dermatologist Friday morning and he took several cultures to examine. I did not have thrush, I did not have a yeast infection, I did not have a bacterial infection. I told him that I was going to use Arm & Hammer Toothpaste and Biotene Mouthwash, which I started that Friday. Friday I started brushing my teeth twice a day with the Arm & Hammer Toothpaste and using the Biotene Mouthwash 5 times a day.

Today is Monday, August 8, 2016 and it has been three days since I stopped using all of the Crest products. My mouth is almost completely healed, there is a spot or two that I can still feel and see, but all of the other problems are gone. The pain associated with the sores in your mouth is extremely bad, not to mention you can barely eat. It hurts so much. You can't brush your teeth because anything even close to your gums makes them bleed where the slimy white stuff is and where you have sores in your mouth.

Procter & Gamble had recalled Crest Pro Health Toothpaste back around 2014 for some tiny blue plastic beads that were causing problems. As of March 2015 all of those beads were to have been removed from all Crest products. The problems people are experiencing has to be due to something else that is in the Crest Products. People have mentioned a class action lawsuit. The problem we all have is that we used a product that was either given to us by our dentist or hygienist, trusting a product that has been on the market for decades, having these mouth issues within 24 hours of using the product and then having to spend all sorts of money to try to get rid of the problems caused by these Crest products.

This is money out of our pockets and for some of us who have no dental insurance this can be quite expensive. Procter & Gamble should be contacting every person who has had a problem to get to the bottom of it. When you call Procter & Gamble's Customer Service number you cannot get through. The message is that the phones are not working and you should call back. How many times? 100? I have called and called and cannot get through. I sent them an email and have heard nothing back! Shame on Procter & Gamble for not telling dental offices that there have been problems so that these offices can give other products to their patients.

I go back to my dentist and to my Dermatologist on Thursday for a recheck. I plan to show my dentist the products they gave me, the complaints on this website, will tell them that the tests performed by my Dermatologist are all negative and that he feels that it is extremely suspicious that within 12-24 hours after seeing my hygienist and starting to use the Crest products that my mouth has all of these sores and problems. I couldn't agree more!!!

I've tried 3 toothpaste plus I may have allergies. Maybe it's sulfur in toothpaste. Right now my young is raw, my gums are bright red, the edges of my lips itch so bad. My tongue is on fire!!! I googled allergic reactions to Crest and a lot of the pics mimic my situation but I've had this with other toothpaste product but with Crest it's been the worst. I think it's sulfur period. I brushed this morning with Crest. I'm now gargling with warm salt water because it hurts so bad. I can't eat spicy food or anything. Crest by far is my worst reaction. Tongue is raw and sore and lips are swollen.

Do Not Use! This toothpaste caused severe burning and mouth pain. Could not eat, drink, or speak after using only days. It was like an acid burn. Peeling, sores, excessive dry mouth and lips. Causing severe weight loss. This product should be investigated by FDA and removed from shelves immediately.

Do NOT use this toothpaste!!! Harmful to your health. Caused allergic reaction, lips swelled, gum aches and sensitivity, sores in mouth and on corners of lips, also peeling skin. No way is this safe! The FDA should never have approved this and an investigation is needed! Product should be removed from the shelves!

After using Crest pro health toothpaste for about 3 nights, I noticed the inside of my mouth peeling off, my mouth burning inside and my teeth are very sensitive. I will discontinue using it immediately. Tonight is the 3rd night of using this product. Never again!

I have used Crest products my whole life and have had my family use it as well. Over the past year, I started using Crest Total Care mouthwash and toothpaste. My teeth turned from very white to looking like I was a pack a day cigarette smoker and 10 cup/day coffee drinker. The more my teeth were staining, the more mouthwash and toothpaste I used, not knowing the product actually turning my teeth brown. I purchased boxes of Crest White Strips to get the stains off and had a mouth full of tooth sensitivity and it still did not remove the staining. Only when I went for my yearly dental cleaning and checkup, did my hygienist look at my teeth and immediately ask me if I was using Crest Total Care and then told me not to use it anymore as it was the cause of my teeth being discolored and stained.

The cleaning took an hour and a half with special equipment to remove the ugly brown stains and cost $177.00 AND there are still brown areas in between my teeth that they couldn't get out! There is a small, and I mean "get your magnifying glass out" small disclaimer at the end of the mouthwash bottle that states that it may cause discoloration in some people which is unharmful and can be removed at your next dental visit. Seriously, who reads this stuff? I can tell you this experience has been pretty harmful to me.

My husband and bought this product to improve our gum health before a dental check up. He used it once and stopped and I used 3 days twice a day as directions say to. The first day in the morning was fine and then my gums got tender. Day 2 in the morning my gums started to bleed, which never happens to me, after I did the rinse my mouth was burning and I noticed a white sore in my mouth. By night my tongue was sore and my teeth were very sensitive it hurt to brush my teeth. On the 3rd day I wasn't sure I should use the mouthwash because I was in so much pain.

It's difficult to eat, talk, and to tell the difference between hot and cold because I like my tongue is burned. I have white bumps on my tongue, two white sores on the bottom of my mouth and one on the top left. Also something white and slimy comes off my gums. DISGUSTING!!! I used the mouthwash day 3 yesterday because I just didn't know if it was part of the healing process or what. This ** is nasty. I will never purchase a Crest product again. Get it off the shelves before it keeps hurting people!!!

I don't know what "engineer" designed the flip up toothpaste cap on Crest Toothpaste. It constantly gets gummed up and then has to be fussed with to get it to close. NOT an improvement on the old screw on caps.

Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste and strips - My upper inside gums are not the same after using both the toothpaste and strips. I noticed right away after using the products that my gums were sensitive and somewhat in pain and still are. I am pretty upset about it!

Crest Pro Health Toothpaste - Using this toothpaste caused the inside of my mouth to be so raw. The inside of my lips were on fire and it felt like the skin was burning off. It caused skin to peel off the inside of my cheeks and lips. It's almost healed and I cannot believe the FDA allows this to be sold to consumers. Horrific experience.

I decided to switch up my toothpaste to Crest Pro-Health Intense Peppermint. I noticed that my mouth literally felt like it was on fire. My top lip started to swell. My tongue felt numb and swollen. I started to experience extreme dry mouth. My lips felt like cardboard and were peeling. My tongue was sensitive and was coated white. I was like, "What is really going on?" I began to realize that it was the toothpaste. And after reading all the reviews on this page, I was experiencing the same symptoms as the majority. They really need to get rid of this product ASAP!!!

After using Crest 3d white the roof of my mouth started to burn. The end of my tongue was burning so badly it felt like I had scalded my mouth on burning hot coffee. So uncomfortable I could not bear to eat or drink. I feel the need to sue this company for pain and suffering. Anyone else feel this way? I have been to doctors, dentist, oral surgeons. This is horrible and I'm sure crest knows about this and is doing nothing about it.

Crest Toothpaste Company Profile