1.08/5

885 Crest Toothpaste Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

Okay I am a college student who was in search of a good Toothpaste. So I tried Crest Pro Health hearing a lot of good things about the toothpaste when about 5 months into using the toothpaste I noticed some odd staining on my teeth. I dug into a little background why people don't use Crest Pro Health and it TURNED OUT THAT THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT CAUSES STAINS. WTF. Crest should count their blessings. It's just a small streak of my teeth that got stained by their crappy product. I wish I could give them negative stars. Stay away. Never touch. It's all advertisement. There are non ADA approved toothpastes better than Crest Pro Health.

As a side note I did notice that Crest Pro Health also had some nasty side affects.
~Burning sensation with spicy food.
~Weird post brushing sensations that were NOT PLEASURABLE AT ALL.
~Has a weird consistency.
~Crest Pro health is VERY TEMP. Sensitive.
~Strange overly sweet flavor

~Tasted way too good to be true.

TLDR: This tooth Paste by Crest Pro Health feels like one enormous scam. "Says Stainous Flouride whitens, when really it stains." WTF Please to anyone stay away.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Crest Gum Detoxify caused a horrible burning pain! This was the second time I used this product. I thought it had really improved my gum health, had a dental checkup and the hygienist said they looked good. Continued using it, developed burning and sores on my tongue, thought I a thrush or something. Didn’t think about the toothpaste, quit using it mainly because of the cost and it went away. Time for another dental checkup so decided to use it again. After just a few days the burning started again and I developed sore on the inside of my bottom lip. This time it dawned on me that it might be the toothpaste. Stopped using 1 day ago and I can already tell a difference. So glad I finally figured it out. I hated having to give up so many foods because the burning sensation was so bad.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I started using Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash, 2x daily over 1 year ago. I went to the dentist complaining about the brown stains between all of my teeth and around the gum line. I told the dentist my gums were sore all of the time. She said was brushing too hard and to drink coffee through a straw. Okay, I started to do as she suggested and actually began using the mouthwash more and more often and brushed less. Brown stains returned, gums still sore but now my gums have receded so drastically that I need gum grafts.

I started researching the internet about staining, sore gums and finally today I found this Consumer Affairs site along with other people's complaints that their mouthwash was causing all of this. I am so mad! My gums are destroyed and I doubt I will ever get the stains removed from between my teeth. I have a supply of this horrible stuff that I paid $7.99 each. I have a dentist appointment on June 10, I am hoping she will get this message out to all of her patients. All of this time I thought I was really taking good care of my teeth. But now I have to see a periodontist for $3000.00 of painful gum grafts.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Whose bright idea was it to thin out the toothpaste? When I open the tube I get as much on the counter top as I get on my tooth brush. A tube now goes half as long as it used to. I will probably switch brands to something that stays in the tube until I squeeze it.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought this product because I noticed my gums were slightly receding. I thought it wouldn’t hurt, especially since it was alcohol free. After using it for one day and a half my gums are now red, irritable and painful. Little ulcers are throughout my mouth. The tip of my tongue feels burnt. I normally use Crest toothpaste as well. I believe maybe a chemical reaction occurred. Not sure but this is miserable!! Wish I would have read the reviews prior to using this product. Didn’t even think about that!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: July 8, 2019

I started using Crest 3D White and almost immediately had sores on my tongue, on the inside of my cheeks, and the tip of my tongue felt burnt. It was so painful I could barely sleep! I stopped using it for a few weeks and my mouth cleared up. I thought maybe I could use it periodically instead of daily. I used it now ONCE, and only about 3 hours later my mouth is completely sore again! What could be in this toothpaste that causes this? How is this safe?? For those experiencing the same pain as mine, I do recommend Biotene mouthwash. It helped my mouth heal quicker.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I started using this product as it seemed like a great new product. I am now suffering the consequences of too good to be true. My gums, lips, cheeks and tongue feel as if they have been burned. I have sores on my gums and lips. I have stopped using detoxify and the pain is subsiding. I am not sure what caused the reaction but no matter what it was my reaction was to throw the toothpaste away and go back to my old toothpaste.

Original review: July 11, 2019

This product is horrible! So bad I had to look up why my mouth is in so much pain & glad I found a forum to express my concerns along with other customers. This product has caused my mouth to be in pain now for almost a week. It’s unbearable, extremely difficult to eat, and uncomfortable. I’ve even tried taking pain meds just to ease the pain. Product need to be REMOVED FROM MARKET!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I began using this product on four days ago, on a Monday. It is now the following Thursday, and I am dealing with the second day severe pain in mostly my lower gums, and a pain with burning sensation under my tongue. I started freaking out, thinking something was seriously wrong, then I researched side effects of this mouthwash. I found this site, among others, where people are sharing their experiences with very similar symptoms to mine. The symptoms started yesterday, but nothing thinking they could be related to the mouthwash, I used it last night and this morning again.

Then, something clicked, and I researched the product. As bad as my symptoms are, they aren't as bad as some describe here. Luckily, I have been using an SLS-free toothpaste. I can't imagine what I'd be going through if I had been using one with SLS, as the reaction might have been worse. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Today, I've gone to a simple salt-water mix, so I'm hoping that will help clear up my mouth pain in a few days.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I thought this would be a great product because it foams and goes under the gums. I used it for about 4 months thinking I'd have a great check up. The hygienist freaked out because I went from 1-3 to 4-5 deep pockets. I suspected it was the new toothpaste so I switched to Arm & Hammer complete care, baking soda based toothpaste. Guess what... My gums improved dramatically down to mostly 1-2 deep pockets at my last cleaning and it had been 8 months between cleanings this time.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information