2. Shopping

Crest Toothpaste

3.8/5 (198 ratings)

About Crest Toothpaste

Crest Toothpaste Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest Toothpaste?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crest?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I normally use Colgate but set the tube somewhere so I have been using Crest pro health... Wrong thing to EVER do. My teeth are in so much pain and super sensitive to the point that I can't even drink warm water. I used it yesterday and the inside of my lip peeled right after brushing my teeth. This is absolutely in pain and I keep using it. After the pain I'm in, I'm staying FAR away from Crest. I've never had pain like this before, to the point that breathing through my mouth made the pain worse.. I was fine until I started using the Crest toothpaste.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I used this toothpaste for about 4 days. Had extreme burning and dry mouth. Stopped using it and still after about 6 weeks still struggling to restore the moisture in my mouth. Could peroxide have permanently damaged my tissue? Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how long to get better. I'm getting worried that I am going to have major dental and mouth issues. Really trying to keep mouth clean and using Biotene mouthwash and probiotics to avoid thrush. Ugh. I need some relief soon.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The Pro-Health toothpaste and Advanced Extra Whitening No Alcohol mouthwash burns my tongue and gums, and has given me sores on my tongue and gums. I didn't realize what it was until I read the reviews. My tongue really hurts and it stops me from enjoying food. Today is my last day using Crest Products.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Hello, I purchased Crest gum Protection over a month ago and now I am noticing my gums are peeling. I’ve always been a fan of Crest toothpaste and never had this problem. I have decided I am going to go with another brand of toothpaste other than Crest. This company needs to do more research in regards to what damage this toothpaste can do, before it is put out on the market. They claim that it will protect your gums…well if my gums are peeling, then their claims are null and void. In their description it does not state it will protect your gums, so why does it have “Gum Protection” on the front of the package, and my gums are peeling? False advertising.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I started using after I was given a sample from my dentist. I love how the toothpaste foams up and feel like you are getting a thorough cleaning. The couple of days after using the toothpaste my tongue and mouth itched uncontrollably. This one is not for me and will return to using my Sensodyne, and or Crest pro-health which works very well for me.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I used the enamel toothpaste and the next day the inside of my lips were swollen and sore. I have never had any reaction to any Crest toothpaste. I am so upset. I can't eat anything salty or spicy because I'm in pain.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Introduced to product sample my recent dental visit and have been an avid Crest product user for very many years. The Gum Detoxify product sample says "Deep Clean" on the small box (24g) and my home size (116g) product says "Gentle Whitening" on the box. The first active ingredient on both products is "Stannous fluoride 0.454%". After using both products during approximate 30 day period I began to notice mouth irritation like a rash/chemical burns in the roof, gums and tongue areas. I ceased use, visited a local Urgent Care facility to obtain symptom documentation & Rx steroid prescription for 4-days and returned back to previous Crest product. Maybe if Gum Detoxify is used on a limited basis? I think more study is required.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Well I normally have no problems with CREST but their charcoal Crest toothpaste has caused my tongue to feel swollen and painful. This is the first time I have tried this particular kind of toothpaste with Crest. I have used their other kinds of toothpaste in the past. I think it is linked to the toothpaste as there is a lot of tongue burning that I feel when using this toothpaste. I have now switched over to a sensitive toothpaste. I have never had a problem with tongue swelling on both sides of the tongue this way. It's so awful that my teeth on the sides of my tongue constantly rub up against my swollen tongue which is how I figured my tongue was swollen in the first place. Then I took my fingers and pinched my tongue where my teeth are touching and felt crazy pain. I think this should be checked into, maybe there is some type of chemical burn happening with their toothpaste? This is dangerous. Please contact CREST. TY! If nobody calls them I may contact them directly.

Original review: April 16, 2021

After about 1 week of using Crest Gum Detoxify I noted that the interior of my mouth was starting to peel from the sides in thin "white" strips leaving my mouth raw and uncomfortable. I also experienced pain in my front teeth, along gum lines. I noted a metallic taste in my mouth shortly after brushing my teeth and my taste buds appeared raised and irritated. In the 2nd week I changed to a brand that is for sensitive teeth and used Dentist recommended mouthwash to alleviate the discomfort. Just to be sure that the Crest Gum Detox was actually affecting me as I first stated, I tried the Gum Detoxify on the 3rd week. After 2nd brushing, my mouth once again peeled, metallic taste returned, tongue was irritated and my teeth in front hurt. I have returned to another toothpaste and started using the treatment mouthwashes again.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I thought I had coronavirus- nope after 4 days of using Crest 3D whitening I had an awful metallic taste in my mouth. Stopped a week ago and it improved somewhat - I can’t drink any carbonated without creating a nasty taste. Still feel like I have a tongue burn a week later. It’s driving me crazy - I don’t enjoy eating anything. Thankfully I found this site and realized salsa tasted extra hot and the metallic taste with numb tongue. I really hope this eventually goes away. I’m going to call my dentist for suggestions. Really hope my taste buds aren’t permanently damaged. I am so angry there were no warnings - I always considered Crest a safe brand. After seeing these reviews they have to know it can cause issues and have ignored these complaints. Unacceptable.

Crest Toothpaste Company Information