3.6/5 (400 ratings)

About McAfee

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: June 26, 2021

Overall it's a decent anti-virus software as long as you keep it updated which means you have to pay for it. Don't try to do all the free trials in the world with it, you'll just wind up hating it. If you're legit looking for a software that is decent priced and works well, well here I am

Original review: June 15, 2021

I have used this virus protection for years and have never had any issues. Very easy to use and understand. This virus protection even lets us know when there have been issues with passwords. I also believe that you can not beat the price. When it was up for renewal and the price was too high I called and they worked out a better deal for me and refunded me my money.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I like it because it's easy to use. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to set it up! And it also works! More than I can say to others I've used! Also I have friends that use it and they love it as well! So I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay safe on their phone, laptop or PC.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In the years I have been dealing with McAfee I have had no problems. Their system have worked for me and it seems to catch any problems before they happen. It removes unwanted cookies on a regular time basis automatically.

Original review: June 11, 2021

This is great software and have had for many, many years. The cost was always doable as well. I will admit that a few months into the pandemic I didn’t renew it because they doubled the cost of it. Oh my what a mistake. I received countless. I mean hundreds of emails asking why I was going to renew it.. so now we have many and I will not be going back to them.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Okay, el Mick Kr@ppee McAfee.. stop trying to sell your junkware.. Half of the web is unsafe according to Site Advisor.. Ignored warnings for a while.. Never an issue.. Light bulb moment came.. UNINSTALL.

Original review: July 8, 2021

This Company overcharges on auto billing. It charges a month ahead before service are due. The Amount each year keeps raising. Receive several emails stating it overdue and it's not. Call to cancel and removed my credit card. And what happen next my credit was charged and my information was back in McAfee profile. I removed my payment from the profile. Call the credit card company to remove the charges. Mcafee called to get the payment on again. This is all done a month before it was due. But Mcafee said the payment was due which is False Statement. I see why this company was being processed in the courts.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I typically don’t leave bad reviews for anywhere but considering they have nowhere on their website to contact someone, here I am. I have been a Mcafee customer for a little over a year. The software constantly changes my search engine to yahoo and honestly I feel like my laptop is extremely slow since downloading. Last week I received an email that I was charged my yearly fee of 127.48, that I had honestly completely forgotten was on auto renewal. I immediately called customer service because the receipt said I could get a refund within 60 days. The woman I talked to said that the payment hadn’t gone through yet and I would have to call back because there was nothing she could do. I waited until the money was taken out of my account and called again.

Immediately upon answering the phone, the person I talked to was extremely rude. I said I needed to request a refund and he told me “okay well that’s a really long process you know” and under his breath kept saying “Jesus Christ” throughout the entire phone call. He then was arguing with me that I only got charged $40 and there was nothing saying that I got charged the other amount. I requested to speak with a supervisor and he told me they wouldn’t be able to tell me anything different. Only giving 2 stars instead of 1 because he finally transferred me to someone else who was able to help and cancel my payment.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Absolutely awful, do not buy this protection please! If you want to cancel it ever, it is not just a simple cancel, it is a whole long phone call process, with a bunch of support staff that can't even speak English properly, it was an awful long and grueling experience to cancel, they are weird with your money and terrible at treating customers, save your money. Buy another protection plan that lets you if you ever need cancel the subscription easier.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My problem with McAfee is that they continually change my default search engine to Yahoo. It is time consuming. I have to go and delete them and when I close the browser or restart my computer it's back. I called them for a refund, not much, just 40 bucks for two years and everything else about them is great. I trust them, but if you cannot allow me to turn this off, then I do not want the service. They say it has been more than 30 days so they cannot give it back. I tell them I want a supervisor. They tell me one isn't available. They say one will call me back in 48 hours, I say, "No, I'll wait." Told them to hurry, because as I wait I am writing this review. I will continue to write a review as long as I wait on hold. This is review number 2. Been on the phone for 16 min 49 seconds.

McAfee author review by Shelley Elmblad

Founded in 1987, McAfee is a longstanding and trusted name in antivirus software for consumers and business because of how the company has continued to advance products to keep up with a changing industry over the years. Now a part of Intel Security Group, the brand will be eventually be renamed.

• Global threat intelligence: McAfee uses this process, which collects data from millions of sources from around the globe, to offer real-time protection against viruses and other malicious threats.

• Protection for all devices: One McAfee subscription with a 30-day money back guarantee includes antivirus protection for all PCs, Macs, iOS and Android phones and tablets and Android watches. Anti-theft features for mobile devices lock down the device and can locate it when lost or stolen.

• Parental controls: This feature offers filtering and monitoring of what children can access and see when they are online. You’ll have to upgrade to McAfee Total Protection at $89.99 to get parental controls. Two other options cost $79.99 and $59.99, and discounts may be offered for the first year.

• True Key Identity Manager: This is a secure software password vault that is used to log into mobile apps, websites and devices using a combination of facial recognition, fingerprint or devices.

• Home network scanning: McAfee can scan a home Wi-Fi network to detect unprotected devices.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

McAfee Company Information

1987
    2821 Mission College Blvd.
    Santa Clara