3.6/5 (404 ratings)

About McAfee

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: June 26, 2021

Overall it's a decent anti-virus software as long as you keep it updated which means you have to pay for it. Don't try to do all the free trials in the world with it, you'll just wind up hating it. If you're legit looking for a software that is decent priced and works well, well here I am

Original review: June 15, 2021

I have used this virus protection for years and have never had any issues. Very easy to use and understand. This virus protection even lets us know when there have been issues with passwords. I also believe that you can not beat the price. When it was up for renewal and the price was too high I called and they worked out a better deal for me and refunded me my money.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I like it because it's easy to use. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to set it up! And it also works! More than I can say to others I've used! Also I have friends that use it and they love it as well! So I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay safe on their phone, laptop or PC.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In the years I have been dealing with McAfee I have had no problems. Their system have worked for me and it seems to catch any problems before they happen. It removes unwanted cookies on a regular time basis automatically.

Original review: June 11, 2021

This is great software and have had for many, many years. The cost was always doable as well. I will admit that a few months into the pandemic I didn’t renew it because they doubled the cost of it. Oh my what a mistake. I received countless. I mean hundreds of emails asking why I was going to renew it.. so now we have many and I will not be going back to them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

My 91 year old mom’s renewal appeared and I called a McAfee to cancel her service. They gave me trouble when calling, saying their service is good and important to protect a computer. Then they lied to American Express and said I only cancelled future renewal, and charged my mom who can no longer use her computer, even though it says its service can be cancelled within 60 days.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Despite McAfee being incompatible with my computer (it slowed it right down), I received assistance from a very patient technician guiding me through the complicated uninstallation process. I also received a refund without a problem. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

When looking for a new security supplier and because McAfee cropped time and time again high star rating, I went for their two year 5 device price (10/10/21). How wrong I was, it loaded on our 2 laptops fine and one phone but when it came to the 2 phone my trouble started, I I tried to contact them on their robot assistant system. This was tried for 2 days. I spent a further day looking for an email or phone without any success. After about 4 hours I finally gave up so frustrated and still no contact with McAfee Customer service or Technical department. I have had to run another free company to keep my phone usable.

All I wanted was for someone to look into my problem message that appears on my phone when I try and download their app. (This device is not compatible with this version.) I am not happy with the non existent customer services and uncontactable Technical department, I feel the whole setup is not fit for purpose and I will now ask for a refund, I only hope for the companies sake that the service is better in the US than here in the UK.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I bought virus insurance from Mcafee about 4 years ago and they have been sending many ads to buy from them again. I ignored them and wrote and told them no. Big mistake. Two weeks ago Mcafee and Norton and AVG companies started sending so many ads that they took full pc screen. The ads flashed and danced around and their hope was that people in their frustration would sign by mistake and be locked in. Their insurance failed to do its job and I refused to buy from any of them.

I did buy a cheap policy from AVG about that time and they would protect me from that. 2 days later they sent several ads with threats to buy a more expensive item I said no and they started doing the same thing the other 2 were doing. Have reported them to fraud and scam agencies and we will see if justice will remove those criminals. Their being able to get on my pc caused enough damage. Had to rebuild it and put new programs on. Did not help as those scum from some dark alley were back doing the same thing and are doing it while I try to write this review,

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Don't do business with this company. They outsource everything to underpaid workers in the Philippines and India. We need American companies to keep the Americans working. It is a shame that this company has changed. At one time it was great.

McAfee author review by Shelley Elmblad

Founded in 1987, McAfee is a longstanding and trusted name in antivirus software for consumers and business because of how the company has continued to advance products to keep up with a changing industry over the years. Now a part of Intel Security Group, the brand will be eventually be renamed.

• Global threat intelligence: McAfee uses this process, which collects data from millions of sources from around the globe, to offer real-time protection against viruses and other malicious threats.

• Protection for all devices: One McAfee subscription with a 30-day money back guarantee includes antivirus protection for all PCs, Macs, iOS and Android phones and tablets and Android watches. Anti-theft features for mobile devices lock down the device and can locate it when lost or stolen.

• Parental controls: This feature offers filtering and monitoring of what children can access and see when they are online. You’ll have to upgrade to McAfee Total Protection at $89.99 to get parental controls. Two other options cost $79.99 and $59.99, and discounts may be offered for the first year.

• True Key Identity Manager: This is a secure software password vault that is used to log into mobile apps, websites and devices using a combination of facial recognition, fingerprint or devices.

• Home network scanning: McAfee can scan a home Wi-Fi network to detect unprotected devices.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

McAfee Company Information

1987
    2821 Mission College Blvd.
    Santa Clara