Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was more than satisfied until I was contacted by this firm in the US telling and showing me how many errors I had in my system and he had me believing him. It is the way he was actually showing me the errors that made me believe him and it cost me $250. He told me not to renew with McAfee because I would not need them anymore. I got to admit that I got suckered.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I've used McAfee's Anti-virus (and internet) software for over 10 years; I trust McAfee to protect the content of my desktop computer. Over the years, viruses and malware have been identified and safely removed from my hard-drives. Nothing more serious has occurred. Having been with them so long, I've also experienced many of their products and updates. I'm always pleased with their clean-and-simple user interface, such that the important functions can easily be performed and reported. Any notifications are appropriate and understandable, so I've never had to contact their support staff. I highly recommend McAfee!

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I had previously been trying a VPN to help protect along with an antivirus software. Through advertisement I looked into McAfee as a alternative. What drew me was besides the antivirus software it offered a VPN along with it as well as protecting all of my other devices. I think that is a good deal ???. Plus knowing they have been doing this for some time now, the name being associated with computer protection and offering help if something should be of concerned gives me a good feeling of security.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I really like the ease of McAfee. Install and it monitors EVERYTHING!! McAfee notifies me if there is a site I should not visit while I am browsing. I installed it on my laptop and was then able to protect my phone and tablet. I am no longer uneasy about trying to find the end of the internet!!?? Easy peasy. Love it and definitely would recommend!

Original review: March 22, 2020

I never have to worry about my pc getting the Coronavirus or any other virus. When I couldn't download McAfee a real person walked me thru it and it was downloaded. Simple as that. I trust McAfee on all my computers, at home and at work. Thanks McAfee for keeping us safe and virus free. If I find a site that is not secure McAfee will let me know and give me the option to secure it or just exit. Awesome.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I renewed my McAfee security in December 2020 for two years. As it was a new laptop I used a new email address. I have received, up to 5 email a day to old email address, saying I am not covered. I telephoned yesterday and explained that I was fed up with receiving these messages. I was assured it would never happen again. Given a number **. Guess what. Today another 5 emails saying I was not covered and to renew immediately. They just don’t listen. I am now considering a refund. I feel this is harassment.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I bought Mcafee software (12 Month subscription) which I decided not to renew. Since that time, banners from Mcafee run across my pc screen everyday telling me to resubscribe that I have to manually close. I have tried to locate the file and remove but it is hidden. Clearly, Mcafee might be happy to protect my pc from other unwanted software attacks etc but is more than happy to build in to its download a file to attack my screen on a daily bases. Appalling behaviour from Mcafee.... I would never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I bought antivirus software online. When I tried to download it to my laptop it would not load. I contacted customer service and got no help from them at all. They gave me some number to write down but not nearly enough time to write it. I'll never buy their product again and demand a refund to the fee that will be charged to my credit card.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I have been locked out of my account and after 1 1/2 hours of being on the phone with various persons I still have no answer. They keep telling me my email address is wrong but twice within this time frame they emailed me at the address they say is wrong. How does that make sense? Now I just want out, I want a refund but you can't do that on website, you are to call another number where you will be put on hold and told you don't exist.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Like many others, I was surprised that McAfee took $127.94 from my credit card via their auto renewal scam. We have four children and six personal computers in the house. I do not have the time to keep track of them all. The $127.94 was taken for my oldest daughter's machine. This is a horrible practice and I am disappointed that they would do this, particularly during this time.

McAfee author review by Shelley Elmblad

Founded in 1987, McAfee is a longstanding and trusted name in antivirus software for consumers and business because of how the company has continued to advance products to keep up with a changing industry over the years. Now a part of Intel Security Group, the brand will be eventually be renamed.

• Global threat intelligence: McAfee uses this process, which collects data from millions of sources from around the globe, to offer real-time protection against viruses and other malicious threats.

• Protection for all devices: One McAfee subscription with a 30-day money back guarantee includes antivirus protection for all PCs, Macs, iOS and Android phones and tablets and Android watches. Anti-theft features for mobile devices lock down the device and can locate it when lost or stolen.

• Parental controls: This feature offers filtering and monitoring of what children can access and see when they are online. You’ll have to upgrade to McAfee Total Protection at $89.99 to get parental controls. Two other options cost $79.99 and $59.99, and discounts may be offered for the first year.

• True Key Identity Manager: This is a secure software password vault that is used to log into mobile apps, websites and devices using a combination of facial recognition, fingerprint or devices.

• Home network scanning: McAfee can scan a home Wi-Fi network to detect unprotected devices.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

McAfee Company Information

1987
      2821 Mission College Blvd.
      Santa Clara