Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was more than satisfied until I was contacted by this firm in the US telling and showing me how many errors I had in my system and he had me believing him. It is the way he was actually showing me the errors that made me believe him and it cost me $250. He told me not to renew with McAfee because I would not need them anymore. I got to admit that I got suckered.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I've used McAfee's Anti-virus (and internet) software for over 10 years; I trust McAfee to protect the content of my desktop computer. Over the years, viruses and malware have been identified and safely removed from my hard-drives. Nothing more serious has occurred. Having been with them so long, I've also experienced many of their products and updates. I'm always pleased with their clean-and-simple user interface, such that the important functions can easily be performed and reported. Any notifications are appropriate and understandable, so I've never had to contact their support staff. I highly recommend McAfee!

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I had previously been trying a VPN to help protect along with an antivirus software. Through advertisement I looked into McAfee as a alternative. What drew me was besides the antivirus software it offered a VPN along with it as well as protecting all of my other devices. I think that is a good deal ???. Plus knowing they have been doing this for some time now, the name being associated with computer protection and offering help if something should be of concerned gives me a good feeling of security.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I never have to worry about my pc getting the Coronavirus or any other virus. When I couldn't download McAfee a real person walked me thru it and it was downloaded. Simple as that. I trust McAfee on all my computers, at home and at work. Thanks McAfee for keeping us safe and virus free. If I find a site that is not secure McAfee will let me know and give me the option to secure it or just exit. Awesome.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Dear McAfee technician and correspondent help. Thank you for your great support in helping me to install security on all my devices. I just want to express my gratitude for the three persons that assisted. Persons on chat Amal, and the persons who took control and guide the process. The tech who help my mobile devices. Thank you, great job. Your patience, your kindness and explanations. All of you are a great asset to the company. Thank you, great job.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I've had this on my computer since March. It took me hours to enter all my password info. 3 weeks later would not accept my password. After many hours of try to contact support I managed to get back in. 3 weeks later happened again and would not let get into McAfee account. Called support (offshore) foreign accent. She got me into the mcafee account. I asked about True key. She didn't know what it was and would transfer me another person with foreign accent. Scammer?? She immediately wanted remote access to my computer. There is nothing I can do with this product. I'm going to go back to Staples and hopefully the tech can fix it. MORE $$$. How could you wind up with a scammer??? I from McAfee's web site?? I have no idea where my valuable info has gone and no hope of support from this company.

Original review: June 29, 2020

McAfee solicits third party marketing firms to sell their software. It is not unusual to receive ten to twenty spam Emails from these companies daily. Their marketing campaign is so obnoxious and intrusive that I would classify it as a virus which to say is the very same thing that they are alleged to be protecting you from. I have used their product in the past and found it to be substandard in just about every way. My advice is to ignore the spam and under no circumstances download the free trial as you will be inundated by pop ups alluding that you are "unprotected". It would be far more fortuitous to to download software that will protect your from "McAfee".

Original review: June 18, 2020

To my surprise this company decided to renew my subscription which they did not have authority to do so. All emails have been ignored and calling their customer service team resulted in being given a reference number and assurance that I would be contacted within 24 hours. To date over a month later no response has been received and from from googling the company it seems that this is an obvious tactic to deter and frustrate any refunds.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased McAfee protection plan and used it on 3 devises, one being a cell phone. After almost 3 years the cell phone was stolen. Then I attempted to utilize the locate and find features promised. This totally was a waste of time and energy. McAfee could not locate device, back up the files or do anything to help this matter. I am very dissatisfied with the McAfee protection plan.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Really bad habits of trying to sneak install themselves on your computer. Who know what kind of bad practices they have. I have bad feelings towards them. Overall net negative on my life. Also it just adds a green check over all links on my browser; is that really useful? Maybe just add an 'x' when it's a harmful link, and don't pollute all my webpages 0_o.

McAfee author review by Shelley Elmblad

Founded in 1987, McAfee is a longstanding and trusted name in antivirus software for consumers and business because of how the company has continued to advance products to keep up with a changing industry over the years. Now a part of Intel Security Group, the brand will be eventually be renamed.

• Global threat intelligence: McAfee uses this process, which collects data from millions of sources from around the globe, to offer real-time protection against viruses and other malicious threats.

• Protection for all devices: One McAfee subscription with a 30-day money back guarantee includes antivirus protection for all PCs, Macs, iOS and Android phones and tablets and Android watches. Anti-theft features for mobile devices lock down the device and can locate it when lost or stolen.

• Parental controls: This feature offers filtering and monitoring of what children can access and see when they are online. You’ll have to upgrade to McAfee Total Protection at $89.99 to get parental controls. Two other options cost $79.99 and $59.99, and discounts may be offered for the first year.

• True Key Identity Manager: This is a secure software password vault that is used to log into mobile apps, websites and devices using a combination of facial recognition, fingerprint or devices.

• Home network scanning: McAfee can scan a home Wi-Fi network to detect unprotected devices.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

McAfee Company Information

1987
      2821 Mission College Blvd.
      Santa Clara