3.6/5 (410 ratings)

About McAfee

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: June 26, 2021

Overall it's a decent anti-virus software as long as you keep it updated which means you have to pay for it. Don't try to do all the free trials in the world with it, you'll just wind up hating it. If you're legit looking for a software that is decent priced and works well, well here I am

Original review: June 15, 2021

I have used this virus protection for years and have never had any issues. Very easy to use and understand. This virus protection even lets us know when there have been issues with passwords. I also believe that you can not beat the price. When it was up for renewal and the price was too high I called and they worked out a better deal for me and refunded me my money.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I like it because it's easy to use. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to set it up! And it also works! More than I can say to others I've used! Also I have friends that use it and they love it as well! So I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay safe on their phone, laptop or PC.

Original review: June 12, 2021

In the years I have been dealing with McAfee I have had no problems. Their system have worked for me and it seems to catch any problems before they happen. It removes unwanted cookies on a regular time basis automatically.

Original review: June 11, 2021

This is great software and have had for many, many years. The cost was always doable as well. I will admit that a few months into the pandemic I didn’t renew it because they doubled the cost of it. Oh my what a mistake. I received countless. I mean hundreds of emails asking why I was going to renew it.. so now we have many and I will not be going back to them.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I have repeatedly asked them to leave me alone. Now they contact me more. No customer service. This is my email account. If I don't want to hear from you I should not be forced. These people create the viruses that they charge us to correct. Every time I have used it in the past my computer crashed. No thanks. Your product is garbage.

Original review: May 13, 2022

The actual product was pretty good. My issue started when I read what they were doing with the information they collect. I changed service and now there is a McAfee Malware on my system that I can't remove. I get McAfee pop ups constantly. I would avoid at all costs.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I am a college student that got my computer a month before I started college. I purchased a one year subscription of McAfee and it has done nothing helpful. The only noticeable changes are that it keeps changing my default browser to yahoo and it makes it harder to open school documents. You'd think that opening documents on the same website all year would tell them that I trust it, but no there's still a pop up every time I try to open something.

Original review: April 22, 2022

On April 22 I get an email saying my subscription is going to expire in June. When I click on the link and go to my account to cancel my auto-renewal, it actually tells me my subscription is good until December 9, 2022! Then it threatens me to tell me I am losing constant protection if I cancel auto renewal but it describes as "ending my subscription and protection"! Very, very deceitful. I will be going to PC Matic for $50 vs $129 and no deceitful attempts to "renew" six months in advance!!!

Original review: April 18, 2022

I purchased my new laptop and purchased the 2 year subscription to McAfee for, I paid for the subscription on 12/13/21 (expires 12/13/23). Today I open my credit card statement (4/18/22) and they charged me $140!!! I don't owe them anything and it's not up for renewal. I called and was on hold for 23 minutes, spoke with an employee for 7 minutes, at first he says I can give you 50% off... I said NO, I already paid for the service!! I want a total refund! He put me on hold and than the call dropped. Find another provider with better Customer Service and an easier way to get ahold of them. They don't show any e-mail or other contact information.

McAfee author review by Shelley Elmblad

Founded in 1987, McAfee is a longstanding and trusted name in antivirus software for consumers and business because of how the company has continued to advance products to keep up with a changing industry over the years. Now a part of Intel Security Group, the brand will be eventually be renamed.

• Global threat intelligence: McAfee uses this process, which collects data from millions of sources from around the globe, to offer real-time protection against viruses and other malicious threats.

• Protection for all devices: One McAfee subscription with a 30-day money back guarantee includes antivirus protection for all PCs, Macs, iOS and Android phones and tablets and Android watches. Anti-theft features for mobile devices lock down the device and can locate it when lost or stolen.

• Parental controls: This feature offers filtering and monitoring of what children can access and see when they are online. You’ll have to upgrade to McAfee Total Protection at $89.99 to get parental controls. Two other options cost $79.99 and $59.99, and discounts may be offered for the first year.

• True Key Identity Manager: This is a secure software password vault that is used to log into mobile apps, websites and devices using a combination of facial recognition, fingerprint or devices.

• Home network scanning: McAfee can scan a home Wi-Fi network to detect unprotected devices.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Advisor

Shelley Elmblad is a writer with years of experience covering small business, mobile apps, personal finance and tax software. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

McAfee Company Information

1987
    2821 Mission College Blvd.
    Santa Clara