Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.70/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

McAfee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about McAfee?

Original review: July 30, 2020

Purchased McAfee live safe ultimate protection 1 year subscription. Followed instructions to instill on computer. Kept getting notice to call customer service. Got customer service and said will help me install. After about 30 minutes they tell me I have to purchase something else for $99 before they can install. I paid $99 already for subscription. They said sorry can't help me. Beware of McAfee. They are like some auto dealers that advertise a car and never have it in the dealership. They have you buy a subscription and then tell you can't use unless you buy something else.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I purchased McAfee to prevent unwanted commercial intrusions on my PC, but once installed McAfee is the worst offender of e-mail spamming and on-screen intrusions. There are time consuming and complicated methods of preventing these intrusions, but with new release updates the old corrections are reversed and new corrections continue to become more difficult. McAfee should not claim to be in the business of protecting personal computers. Instead they should be sanctioned like other malicious fraudsters.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I've had this on my computer since March. It took me hours to enter all my password info. 3 weeks later would not accept my password. After many hours of try to contact support I managed to get back in. 3 weeks later happened again and would not let get into McAfee account. Called support (offshore) foreign accent. She got me into the mcafee account. I asked about True key. She didn't know what it was and would transfer me another person with foreign accent. Scammer?? She immediately wanted remote access to my computer. There is nothing I can do with this product. I'm going to go back to Staples and hopefully the tech can fix it. MORE $$$. How could you wind up with a scammer??? I from McAfee's web site?? I have no idea where my valuable info has gone and no hope of support from this company.

Original review: June 29, 2020

McAfee solicits third party marketing firms to sell their software. It is not unusual to receive ten to twenty spam Emails from these companies daily. Their marketing campaign is so obnoxious and intrusive that I would classify it as a virus which to say is the very same thing that they are alleged to be protecting you from. I have used their product in the past and found it to be substandard in just about every way. My advice is to ignore the spam and under no circumstances download the free trial as you will be inundated by pop ups alluding that you are "unprotected". It would be far more fortuitous to to download software that will protect your from "McAfee".

Original review: June 18, 2020

To my surprise this company decided to renew my subscription which they did not have authority to do so. All emails have been ignored and calling their customer service team resulted in being given a reference number and assurance that I would be contacted within 24 hours. To date over a month later no response has been received and from from googling the company it seems that this is an obvious tactic to deter and frustrate any refunds.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased McAfee protection plan and used it on 3 devises, one being a cell phone. After almost 3 years the cell phone was stolen. Then I attempted to utilize the locate and find features promised. This totally was a waste of time and energy. McAfee could not locate device, back up the files or do anything to help this matter. I am very dissatisfied with the McAfee protection plan.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Really bad habits of trying to sneak install themselves on your computer. Who know what kind of bad practices they have. I have bad feelings towards them. Overall net negative on my life. Also it just adds a green check over all links on my browser; is that really useful? Maybe just add an 'x' when it's a harmful link, and don't pollute all my webpages 0_o.

Original review: May 6, 2020

In the beginning, all I wanted to do was access the data that I had uploaded to the Mcafee server. This, in and of itself, should be much more clearly laid out so I don't have to resort to contacting customer service in the first place. Several hours later, I eventually figured it out, but only after enduring the VERY badly trained, barely English speaking representatives. After a lengthy phone call, the first rep sent me to the online chat because she couldn't understand how to help me. The chat on my PC does not recognize the formatting of my email address for some reason, so I had to use my phone. The chat rep's responses were VERY few and far between, and even more cryptic.

Long story short, I have to have access to a PC in order to access the files I have uploaded to an online server. Apparently, according to Mcafee, it wasn't worth their effort to allow anyone to restore their files directly back to their phone, but through their PC then to their phone. I love the level of security of Mcafee, but unless you have literally all day to deal with customer service issues I cannot in good conscience recommend it.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have antivirus and so do not want this. It keeps adding itself as a Chrome extension without permission. I'm not sure what program it's doing this through. So I have to keep uninstalling it. This is very annoying. Exploitative company tactics.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I've been a Mcafee user for sometime. Which is why I was astounded to see that Mcafee went into my personal account and deducted $140 for automatic renewal on 4/11/20. I immediately sent a written request for a refund and was promptly emailed back stating my refund request has been received and I will have my payment refunded within 24-48 hrs. This email was dated 4/11/20... Fast forward to today, 4/30/20. I gave them until the end of the month to process and issue my refund and have received nothing. I called their service line and receive a foreign rep I could not understand who wanted to speak fast, no less. I asked several times for the rep to slow down, say that again and explained I couldn't understand them.

After realizing that the rep was telling me I wouldn't be receiving a refund for minimum of five more days from now, I immediately asked for someone else to speak with, a higher up.. I continuously was given the run around and simply could not understand everything that was being said. I was provided with a reference number and then told to call my bank to see if they could expedite the refund for me... My bank?? I thought... Mcafee was to issue me a refund weeks ago and is not suggesting I call my bank. Unbelievable. I rarely make reports like this, but Mcafee has proven a level of unprofessionalism unparalleled to any other company I have dealt with.

McAfee Company Information

1987
    2821 Mission College Blvd.
    Santa Clara