Intuit - Quickbooks
1.17/5

Intuit - Quickbooks

841 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been using QuickBooks since 2013. It was OK until we had to upgrade to the 2019 version. After converting nothing would work to do with importing bank statements. I called the customer service and they insisted that I needed to spend $499 to get their service plan. I explain to them I don’t need a service plan and I never called them I’m only calling now because of the faulty software. I called back later only to be told I needed to go to Walmart and buy a $500 Google card which would fix the problem and then Quickbooks would reimburse me. I knew that my boss would not go for that and I told them it was unacceptable. The next time I called I got a female customer service rep from India who I could barely understand.

She kept me on the phone for about an hour and a half doing all these crazy things that had nothing to do with the problem. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was on hold for at least a half hour and then aNother woman came on who also had no idea what to do. Call back again the next day and was told that they are senior tech would call me at 4:30 PM.

At 4:30 PM when no one called I called them and spoke to a man from India that said his name was Jack. He tried to convince me that my virus software was out of date and that’s what the problem was. He then proceeded to ask me what my name was how old I was what I sent him some pictures of myself and if everything went well we could get married!!!!!! Can you imagine my frustration at that point!!! This is the worst experience I could ever imagine having with a so-called professional software company. I really hope somebody sues them and start a class action lawsuit. I’m sure thousands of companies would jump on board!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Hate hate hate Quickbooks. What a mess they have created with our company! We were not told all the aspects of moving to a virtual QB. And with the lag time and freezing up and shutting itself down it did not work for us. Wanted to go back. Apparently we were told we couldn't get all our company files back to switch back to Desktop version!!! Someone finally helped us and now first day using desktop orders are missing.... What a cluster!!! BEWARE!!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I always thought the software was "ok." It did the job but certain features didn't really work right. I didn't *need* them so I just let it go. After all, they are a big name so clearly they know what they are doing, right? They started charging me 33% more per month, which I did not realize until this month, but it started sometime in the summer. That is a big hike. The past couple updates, it loads slow, crashes, etc. (on a Mac, so not a normal thing). I finally decided that until it was time to switch my other businesses over, I would just cancel. It was nothing but a headache and it would give them time to get it worked out.

I was billed 5 days ago. I have not sent any invoices since then. They refused to give me back my $ sub for the month. The amount is immaterial; it is the lack of customer service that gets me. They tried to make it sound like their system does not allow refunds period. I find that hard to believe. Maybe you don't like to make a habit of it, but clearly if your software has failed me, and I haven't used it in the 5 days since you charged me (maybe even less), customer service rules say to take care of me. And when I asked to speak to a manager, the girl who answered the phone told me that's who I was talking to. Terrible experience. Instead of moving my other businesses over and giving them a 2nd chance, I think I will start looking for another software. Very disappointing from a big name!

Original review: April 1, 2019

In October of 2014, with no warning our company file simply said we had extended our limit and could not enter any more new data. In a panic we called QuickBooks and was told our only option was to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise for over $4000. In May of 2018 they said we would need to pay over $2500 more to upgrade because they no longer would support that version and their payroll software would stop working if we didn’t switch. I became angry and they offered a “discount” package that included payroll and updates for around $1400. No one said there would be annual fees other than payroll subscription. So fast forward one year later and now they they want another $2600 as an annual fee. We either have to pay or open another company file which would mean losing 18 years of transactions because not everything is transferable they claim. This is extortion plain and simple.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My husband's divorce was final in 2016. We own our own business... He used to own it with his previous wife. She had been the administrator on the account, and now they won't change it. She has contacted them, we have contacted them, and we've provided the following documents that they have requested: A notarized document stating his stake in the company and that he would like to appoint me as administrator, Copies of our drivers' licenses and passports (even though we had the notarized document, which also requires photo ID...), The Amex statement showing our purchase of the subscription.

Documents that we sent (above and beyond what they asked for): The divorce decree granting the entire business to him (court order), The secretary of state articles of incorporation showing his and my names, A copy of our marriage license. His ex-wife has called them and emailed them from her email address on file with them, and they won't remove her at her request, either. Now they are stating that if the two of them get a notarized document TOGETHER, that they will remove her. We cannot be the only business to go through an administration change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: March 25, 2019

UPDATED 3-25-2019 I was on the phone for over an hour when a cust service rep finally assisted me in cancelling.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Be careful when asking questions about Hosted Quickbooks, I was told that certain apps (excel specifically) were included in the hosted version of QB with Right Networks only to find out after purchasing the product that the apps were an extra cost per month per user. When I asked my salesperson about the issue, he claimed he never told me the apps were included in the monthly fee.

He claimed that someone else told me that information because he did not. My office records all calls so I have it on recording that he told me this. I am upgrading the complaint since I have proof of what I was told. I seriously doubt anything can be done since QB is such a large company. I don't see them standing behind what their business consultants say. I researched this topic for months before deciding to go with QB and tried to ask as many questions as I could to cover all my basis. It is not right that I now have to go back and ask permission for extra funds to cover this.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Failing folder. Failing back up. Failing syncing bank info. Failing saving invoices. Failing printing invoices. FAILING SOFTWARE. They charged my company 399.99 to fix all this problems. This is bad software. I dont recommend.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased a QuickBooks pro-2018 Desktop from Costco and after a while I switch to QuickBooks Online, I decide to sell my desktop version as I don't need it anymore as I am using the online version. Before I publish the Desktop to sell it online I called QuickBooks and ask them what I have to do in case I want to sell my QuickBooks Desktop to someone else: they informed me that the new buyer need to call them and give them his information and after that they call me to make sure that I want to transfer my License to the buyer, and this is exactly what happened!

They call me and I confirmed all the information! After 2 months the buyer was trying to installed it on her computer and she was unable to finish the setup as she's getting a message that the license # is assigned to somebody else! She starts a claim with PayPal and they hold my payment and still on hold until this moment. Anyway I called QuickBooks to find out what is going on with the buyer and I spent more than 10 hours on the phone and more than 10 calls and nobody resolve the problem!

Today they informed me that I cannot sell a License I already have. Once you buy it you stuck with it! They wasted my time and the buyer time: I sold it on December 23 2018. Today Date is March 14 2018. What a bad and Miserable Customer service, QuickBooks and Intuit I hate you a lot. I am going to stop using the Online Version as well and I am going to switch to waveapps.com. Please understand I never been treated like that in my life NEVER NEVER.

I do know that I am a few hundred $ for Intuit QuickBooks and they don't really care about me and I am a decimal on their books, but what I do know that I am going to ask all my clients and everybody I know to switch to another accounting software. You are unprofessional and horrible service. You don't even respect your clients. I am not sure if you are going to post this review but what I do know that at least you lost me and I will never come back even if you are going to be the only accounting software I prefer to work on spreadsheet.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I had self employed QB and converted to QB Online. QB failed to cancel my self employed and continued billing for both. Their system will not allow me to log into systems so I can't cancel and customer service is ZERO help telling me I need to log in to cancel. What a joke of a company.

Original review: March 14, 2019

1. Quick is doing Outsourcing in India. 2. Same person claims to be both Brian and Ryan... (Indian-decent English accent) - Same Person and Voice. 3. No issue I had could be helped with support service. 4. Account shows as ACTIVE but not for use of support service?? 5. Support Team is a Sales team... And it's obvious. 6. They want to have me pay $599 for a one time fix of the problem or $800 for a year contract of support... UNACCEPTABLE!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Constantly raising their prices and then having issues that I cannot get to resolved. I would not recommend this product to anyone. I have followed step by step how to resolve the issue of my Quickbooks not withholding any taxes and I have done it every single way possible and it still does not work.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I called to get help from Quickbooks with linking statements to my Online account. Jaime took all the time I needed (1 hour and 22 minutes). I apologized to him a couple of times because I felt I was asking too much of him, and he told me that I, "...was his one and only priority..." And made me feel like I wasn't asking any dumb questions even tho I'm sure I was. Jaime took the time and ensured that I understood how to utilize all of the facets of the online program including understanding how to use the reports and to subcategorize banking entries if needed. PLUS he helped me to upload CSV files so that I could get all my statements from 2018 thru to current day 2019.

The support that Jaime gave me today, 3/13/19 starting at 10:01 am (MST) was absolutely Above and Beyond the call of duty. Because of his time and efforts to assist me, I will now be able to better manage my accounting files for the future. I am absolutely THRILLED with all of his help and I am SO thankful that Quickbooks Online has such an amazing and knowledgeable professional such as Jaime!!! Intuit should be proud of the work that Jaime did today and I can't thank you enough for all of your help today!

Original review: March 11, 2019

Consumers Beware... if Quickbooks sales team offers you a discount on the 2nd and 3rd year renewal they may not honor it when the renewal is due. I signed up for QuickBooks Enterprise and was promise a 20% discount for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year. My 2nd year renewal is for March 30, 2019. I received an invoice and the discount was not applied. I emailed the sales person, Susan **, that sold it to us and she said the discount has expires. I have in an email from Susan Cohen were she states the discount for years 1 through 3. I have the discount for years 1-3 on a written/emailed quote. The SAVES team member Christian, which is a team that deals with complaints, states he does not have enough proof that she offered the discount! If you are offered a discount on subsequent years - please make sure it depicts it on the order confirmation because the quote is not verification enough... Good luck.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I help run a 128 member homeowners association. We recently migrated to Quickbooks online, and received a big sales pitch to add payment processing. I explained our organization, how we receive a large sum of money from our members once a year, and then not much activity the rest of the time. I was assured that this was the solution for us. So we got it set up, despite my misgivings about adding my personal SSN and info to the organizations account.

We sent out our invoices, and our payments started coming in. After a handful of successful transactions, Quickbooks starting putting all payments on hold. I had to provide additional documentation and personal identification, which I did, along with explaining again how our organization worked. Imagine my surprise when, after 53 minutes on hold trying to return their call, I was told that our merchant services account was closed, for 'business reasons,' with no explanation, no option to review, and that I had to manually refund all the payments that were being held.

I tried to remain calm with the rep on the phone, but asked her how I could reach someone tomorrow to speak about my issues and to complain about the salesperson who pushed us into this solution and started the whole nightmare. The rep explained that there is no human to talk to if you have a complaint. You can only fill out an online form. 'We don't have a department for complaints,' she said. Needless to say, I will find SOMEONE who will listen, and understand, that this is NOT the way to keep customers. I was supposed to migrate another nonprofit over to this system this week, and that is NOT happening now!

Original review: March 6, 2019

After my computer crashed in Dec of 18, I purchased a new one, I also added Quickbooks contractor version, as I have 7 employees. I was expecting to be able to manually provide the tax withholdings and proceed to print pay stubs. Can Not happen, I paid a one time subscription (THEY SAY) and would not be charged again for a year, in one month they just took twenty bucks from my account. They take $2 per employee, I made a mistake on payroll and have one person entered twice. Went back to correct the check for that week and was charged 3 times for that employee. I wasn't expecting to be ONLINE with every payroll but now have to be, they said it won't CALCULATE if you are not.

Feel I was hustled from them, and every time you use it there are ads coming at you. Made a big mistake buying the contractor version, I am a contractor not a guru so some fault probably lies with me. Just make sure you get what you are expecting, and check for all the hidden fees. Thing is, to remove the twenty dollars a month, made 2 phone calls, put on hold for 5 to 7 minutes, then transferred to wait and listen to crappy music for another 3 minutes, then explaining for twenty minutes...all for twenty bucks a month. So after all that it's easier and less time consuming for me to just let them have the twenty bucks per month. Ya think they might know this? Hmmm.

Original review: March 6, 2019

QuickBooks Online - Don't believe the hype. This has been the most frustrating experience in my professional career. As a CPA I have recommended this product to several clients and now regret it. However, there don't seem to be many alternatives out there. They constantly raise their prices, change what they offer, have technical issues, etc. I can't believe this was even released in the first place as poorly as it performs. And now they want to charge people more for less??? It might be a good time for some good old competition to step up to the plate. It wouldn't take much for them to do better than this!

Original review: March 6, 2019

This is about QuickBooks Payments NOT QuickBooks Online software. The software is very good. The Payments part of QuickBooks is a nightmare of lack of support. They create errors and cause customers to wait for hours or even days for them to respond. The Payments Business initial response is typical to blame the customer. It takes a lot of work to get them to actually do anything. Highly recommend you choose a different payment processor.

Original review: March 6, 2019

6 months ago we accepted a credit card for a phone order. We got all information Intuit required - Name - address - card # - expire Date - CCV Code - phone #.

Intuit approved the transaction. 6 months later, without telling us, withdrew the amount from our checking account saying the transaction was not approved. Intuit supplied us with a statement saying the card was not stolen, not reported lost, no fraud on the card - Just the the cardholder said the transaction was not authorized.

Intuit has sent their team of lawyers to intimidate me and threaten a very costly lawsuit if I do not pay the transfer the full amount - almost $6000.00 now! Intuit ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR APPROVAL - They said my only recourse was to contact the customer. Customer is not available and/or will not take calls. BEWARE. INTUIT DOES NOT HAVE YOUR BACK.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I own a small business and had e-filed the employees 1099 online at Intuit webpage. I even received an email stating 1099's were accepted by IRS but none of my employees have received anything in mail. I have been on the phone for 45 mins to speak to someone. This is ridiculous. Instead of fixing the crappy software, they keep on coming out with more bogus material to scam people. Do NOT TRUST INTUIT software nor their staff because they don't seem to know what's going on either.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I must express my frustration when it comes to sharing files with anyone using Quickbooks. There are many versions of Quickbooks and they are not compatible with each other. For that reason it is very difficult to share your information, unless you coincide and the person you need to share with and he/she has exactly the same year and version than yourself. It is not even possible to save your files as a prior year on the desktop version. The solution they propose to me: to buy more versions of the program so I that I have the version of the person that I need to share with. Ridiculous. All the other software that I own allows me to save as prior years, at least.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This is the worst company I've come across, right there with FedEx Ground. It is absolutely unbelievable that these business manage to sustain such growth because their product is full of bugs, the customer service is hot garbage, I doubt they have had any training on their product and/or basic understanding of customer service relations. I would spend thousand to take them out of business if I'd have the time. PLEASE AVOID QUICKBOOKS PRODUCT. No one told me. Learn from my mistake.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Our company upgraded from desktop Quickbooks Manufacturing to Quickbooks Online about August 2018. Used their migration tool, all our accounts migrated without any problems. Have used the online system for the past 6 months, very pleased with all aspects of the system; until yesterday. Received an email from Intuit saying they are enforcing new account limits. When we converted from desktop to online, we had 325 GL accounts. Now they say for our $60 per month account they have set the limit of GL accounts to 250. We will not be able to add addition accounts after APRIL 2019 unless we upgrade to the next level for $150 per month. This is a bait and switch. Sucked us in at $60, create new limits and force us to upgrade to $150 per month. It's like holding a gun to my head. This amounts to $1,080 per year cost. Called support; they said to delete GL accounts to get below the new limit.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

First I tried calling the day after the President's day holiday and all I could get all day was a recording that they were out for the holiday. Who takes 2 days off for President's day or doesn't bother to change their voicemail. Very unprofessional. I was trying to reach the company so I could report that my I received 2 emails saying someone had changed my password for an account I wasn't aware that I had. After finally getting a human being (after many tired) he kindly gave me the phone number of their Identity Protection. I called and listened to this awful music (sounded like a 20-year old stretched out cassette tape) which later turned into a bunch of background noise. After 33 minutes, I finally hung up. If the products are as bad as the phone service, I wouldn't get near them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I recently had to close my business and called Intuit to cancel my annual subscription. I was told that I would no longer be able to access my data and needed to purchase a separate desktop version, even though I was already using a desktop version. I was also told that the charge for my annual subscription would still be processed but I would receive a refund. I have tried to contact Intuit numerous times. When the automated system asks why you are calling the best you can do is tell them you are cancelling your subscription, at which point you are put on relentless hold. The automated phone system does not allow you to request a callback, even though it says there is an option. I used this product for almost 18 years and pay and pay for upgrades and subscriptions but they won't help you cancel your subscription. Very frustrating to say the least.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

After buying the product I found out the company has decided to make it obsolete, with no warning, no notice on the original packaging or at the time of purchase. The software I bought no longer works. In order to make it work, I have to pay them more than $225 each year forever. This was never mentioned in the original sales contract. After I get through with them in small claims court. I think it is time to put these software companies on notice and file a class action lawsuit in response to their bait and switch business practices. It won't even run on the old OS that it was installed on back in 2011. They deserve bad karma.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My problem is I run both of my businesses via my iPad now. It makes life so much easier when you are on the go. The representative from Intuit - Quickbooks, assured me that their APP would do everything I needed. But in reality it does NOT. After one and a half years of trying and Intuit saying they were working on it, I have finally given up. I feel the monthly fee they received was not deserved and I was cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Please take my advice and find some other accounting program that works.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Use Quickbooks if you enjoy beating your head against a brick wall when dealing with customer "service." In attempting to use Quickbook's migrating tool to transfer my Quickbooks from one computer to another, I received an error from Quickbooks on the final step and it would not work. I called customer service and after about an hour they determined that there was an error with the migrating tool and that I would need to transfer everything manually. I ran out of time and the rep said he would call me back the next business day and walk me through the steps to do it manually. I never received that call.

I called back a few days later to have someone help me as I was extremely nervous to make this transfer on my own not being very tech savvy and the instructions online are not well written and very confusing. When I called back, I was told that I would be charged $60/hour to have someone help me through the process. When I questioned why I would need to pay when it was Quickbook's migrating tool that wasn't working, I just got told repeatedly that it was "Quickbooks policy." I spoke with a "supervisor" who told me that walking me through the steps was not covered under warranty. When I explained that it was Quickbook's error that was the basis for the call, he honestly told me "the error from Quickbooks is not covered in the warranty." Huh??? So, here I am still with a migrating tool that will not work, instructions that I cannot understand and customer "support" that will not help me even though Quickbooks made an error.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I own a construction company. I started using the online payment option several months ago. At no time was I told that there was a transaction limit. The first two months I processed payments total approximately $60k without incident. The following month I had a single invoice in-excess of $50k that my customer could not get to go through. I contacted QB/Intuit and it was explained that a single transaction could not exceed $50k. They told me to have my client break the payment up into two payments. They did and it processed.

The following month by complete accident I had three customers pay me on the same day for a total amount $94k. The payments were made on 1/24, its now 2/6 and I have still not been funded. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. During this process I have been told that my limit was $5k for monthly transactions... never told this before and for three months my transactions exceed $50k? I have now had to provide customer contracts, bank statements... all to prove I am a business and have a bank (they've been depositing money in for 3 months). I will say the customer service team has been polite. They have no clue as to how their business works. There is a total disconnect between QB's and Intuit. I wish I would have told them to return the funds to my clients and had them issue a check several days ago!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

When 1099s are ready for employees to access, Intuit sends out an email to those employees with a link that provides access to the employees' 1099. Or so it says. The link doesn't work. I spent over an hour with Intuit trying to get a simple pdf of my 1099. Finally, AFTER 1 HOUR, they FINALLY tell me they don't deal with employees and to ask my employer. SO WHY DID THEY SEND OUT EMAILS WITH BROKEN LINKS IN THE FIRST PLACE? These people are totally incompetent.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information