Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.3/5 (315 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: April 13, 2021

Dont get me wrong. QB can be frustrating and at times some reps wont be helpful. I swear if you call in the morning you get better service. Anyway even though there were some redundancies and I did not get the result I was hoping for. Kayla fought for my solution and worked with me through it for over an hour. Most reps wont do that (I know, I call all the time). She understood my problem clearly and pursued multiple different solutions with me to try to help. Eventually we found one.

As a whole Intuit can be a great example of a bloated company that becomes inefficient, but reps like Kayla give me hope that wont always be the case. I realize the reps aren't allowed to do as much, but for the effective reps like Kayla I would highly recommend giving them more power or allowances so they can solve people's issues with even more tools at their disposal. Thank you Kayla 10/10. Upon request I can provide the case # for my issue/call.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have found the Quickbooks online bill pay very convenient and have been using it for quite a few vendors. When I first started using it, quickbooks had sent out duplicate checks...luckily the vendor caught it as they used the same check number. Things have been going somewhat ok since, a few really long delays in delivery, but that is more the post office issue. Today I found out our warehouse rent check, almost $8k, didn't make it to our landlord. It said delivered over a week ago, but it must have gotten lost or delivered to the wrong address. I called Intuit to get it cancelled and refunded (the funds get pulled out of my account when it's processed, not when it's cashed). I had to write the check from my account because of how late it was, so all I needed Intuit to do was to cancel the check and refund my money.

The customer service agent kept trying to get me to allow her remote access to my computer! I kept asking why, you should be able to see that the check hasn't been cashed on your end, so how is access to my computer going to help the situation?? She didn't speak very good English, so I couldn't tell what she was trying to convince me of, but I told her to put me through to her supervisor...she said one wasn't available so I would have to hold for a very long time...then proceeded to tell me again how to give her access to my computer! I finally decided to try the quickbooks chat, and in 2 minutes, I got the confirmation that the check was voided and would receive my refund in 3-5 days. So that part of this story is great, but the woman trying to access my computer....very disturbing.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

After working on QBO for over a year notice the Essential subscription is fairly expensive for what you get. Before each subscription, they automatically raise 20% more each time. Customer service is slow to reach back and good luck finding anybody to answer you by phone. ACH payments are the slowest to get credit on your account by at least 5 days compared if you do the same transaction directly with your bank; From the time a client sent a payment, it takes them an average of 7-8 business days to credit your account for a simple domestic ACH payment, but, obviously, they will first withdraw their $7 fee for the ACH way before you have even received your own payment from your client. If you don't want your payments to be withheld for over more than 48 business hours do not use the payments options from QBO.

Original review: July 12, 2021

If you have not purchased QB yet- Good! DON'T! At least NEVER buy the on-line product. You don't buy; it you rent it. QB can and does change the terms at any time. I just got an immediate 25% monthly increase in price! 25%!! QB is incredibly business UN-friendly. QB is constantly making changes, giving you no choice whether you want this change to your business or not. Every day I have to fight through marketing crap trying to upsell me some other unnecessary aspect of this lousy product. You can't talk to anyone, who know anything, particularly their bots. You have been warned.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Intuit has held my Company's data hostage twice now...forcing me to pay them but not allowing me to control the account. All due to admin staff leaving my employ. I have been working at getting control for days again. Once I get it I will terminate my relationship with them. They are the most convoluted and not business friendly software I have ever encountered. When you call for help - they never can help. Different answers with every call. I would not recommend this sofware to my worst enemy.

Original review: June 29, 2021

We have been accepting payments thru QB online for years. We have paid many $10,000. dollars in credit service fees to Intuit. We recently were charged back for a fraudulent card. We followed all rules and received an approval. The supervisor at intuit Kaitlin H. said in a nutshell "you signed an agreement and there's nothing we can do". Beware and be careful. Intuit takes your money and does not help you recover a fraudulent charge. What's the point in getting an approval and following rules if they can just say "NO"? We will keep posting until we get a result.

Original review: June 24, 2021

DO NOT use QB Merchant Services! I used them for a year, and then they initiated QuickBooks Cash Account and I have been unable to access payments made to my account for more than a week. QB Merchant Services claims that the money was sent to GreenDot (I did not EVER initialize or authorize them to do this using my personal information) and GreenDot has absolutely no record of this transaction. QB Merchant Services claims that I just need to verify and transfer the funds, but whoever established the QuickBooks Cash Account used an incorrect phone number so now there is no way for me to verify my account or receive my funds. QB Merchant Services then claims that it takes 7-10 business days to correct the phone number that someone the company completely transposed in the first place.

Original review: June 21, 2021

They are not knowledgeable about their software. This company has the most horrendous customer service, and they do not know what they are doing. Find some other software for your business. Their payroll is the worse. Their agents are not knowledgeable.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I have never met a company so bent on turning away business. This company has the most horrendous customer service, worse than any cable company and that says it all right there. But what does the CEO care, he makes over $20,000,000 a year while pissing on all of us.

Original review: June 14, 2021

For the past couple of years, I have been creating a JE for reimbursement of Auto and cell phone to the owner of the company, for the end of each month, for the Balance sheet, to which I reimburse the owner the next month to make it a zero balance on the Balance sheet for that expense. Now I am being told that I have to upgrade my plan to do this task. This is the most ridiculous scam performed by Intuit. From what I understand you all are doing this all over the place. Bottom-line, When I call in for help, there is nothing that can be done to help me, because Intuit just wants more money to complete a simple task. They don't care about helping businesses grow, they only care about taking money from our pockets.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I had been using QB Desktop for several years.. Every year they charge my debit card for a subscription that is included with the updated version.... It was a mess to straighten out and I hated dealing with them....This year, they just shut my 2021 software down completely... because I wasn't giving in, once again... Take no chances folks... Save yourself a lot of yearly aggravation... Go somewhere else for software.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information