1.14/5

773 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Needing to work remotely due to our nearing retirement age but owning a company, we were told by the saleswoman the Online version of Quickbooks could do EXACTLY what the Desktop version, (Manufacturing & Wholesale) could do. Considering we are an importer and have delays in receiving our POs, and build assemblies for our product, we decided to make the switch. We soon found out this WAS NOT THE CASE. We had to change our system to parts meaning each product we sell comprised of several parts now had to each be listed on each invoice. So we worked hours setting up reoccurring invoices. Now as we try to reconstruct our imported POs according to what actually came in we have spent over 8 hours explaining to multiple people we can't do it so our inventory is a MESS. Bottom line: don't believe the salespeople -- make them put every word in writing so you can have some recourse. What a mess...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am not one to make complaints, but this company is an absolute nightmare to work with! Two and a half hours on the phone. There is nothing QUICK about QUICKBOOKS! Transferred 5 times, hung up on twice, having to repeat my situation multiple times to a new consultants and no one seems to know much about this program at all. I highly recommend choosing another service to manage your business needs!!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased this product exactly 31 days ago and they will not help with questions about editing vendor information to show an accurate balance for 1099. The customer service rep wants me to buy an addition services when its suppose to be free when I purchase value pack from SAM'S.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We hesitantly bought the "upgrade" to desktop pro 2018, and it will not allow me to install my backup company file from Quickbooks 2008 desktop. I am trying to get a hold of customer support, but there is more than a 45 minute hold time. My time is worth something, even if Intuit/Quickbooks doesn't think so. They obviously don't care about customers enough to have adequate support staff.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Trying to expand our small business we tried out accepting cc payment option attached to customer invoices. Intuit claims it takes 3-5 days for processing with a 2.5% fee. They lied. They hung on to our customer payment, claimed they attempted to contact us by email, then when we FINALLY reached the “correct department” they informed us they would require a copy of business license, THIRTEEN months of bank statements (whhhaat! ), and a credit report before processing our client's payment. When I complain, the guy hung up on me!!! Our client had to cancel payment, wait for funds to reflect on her credit card and 10 days later, was finally ok with mailing us a check. Terrible company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I used My Time to track 4 days of work and now the file that I saved is empty not to mention almost impossible to get open again. Would only open after several crashes or pop ups leading me in circles.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Not even one star! Quickbooks is the worst online accounting program, take everyone's advice and do not waste your money. I have major issues with Quickbooks as a whole but right now my major issue is the check writing that goes out of alignment every time I print a check. What a waste of ink, paper & time! Forget customer service. 9 times out of 10 they don't have a clue about the program at all. Time to move on to better!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been using Quickbooks on my Mac for years (Desktop version 2015). Several months ago I got an email stating that unless I update and pay a fee, I could no longer download my bank statements. There is no purpose for this ransom. I guess QB is holding us for payment or they won't turn on our program to be able to download statements from our banks. If I did this to my customers, I would be in prison for holding my customers up for ransom. I cannot QB is stooping so low as to do this to their good customers. I am currently looking for other alternatives. I will never recommend Quickbooks to anyone. They are now a very substandard company and their business practices suck. I am sure that their VP got a big raise along with other perks for instituting this ransom business practice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

How is this for customer service: It turns out Quickbooks was billing me every 3 months for support on a recurring basis (where I 'signed up') for one 90 day period. No bill, no receipt. I didn't catch it until now (okay - my bad). I asked for a refund for the two cycles. I was told it is all my fault, and admonished for not catching them sooner, and I am out of luck. Here is where the escalations brought me - this is a quote from an email: "You signed up for the Intuit QuickBooks 90 Day Expert Support Plan last 09-NOV-2017 and you have mentioned that you are not aware that is a recurring charge, the support plan was renewed on 09-FEB-2018. On that date you have the chance to call and reverse the charge, as the customer we have the responsibility also to check our bank statement that comes every single month."

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I recently had an issue that has left me extremely upset with Intuit. I created one account at the beginning of 2018 for my company, I am the only person that knows the account information that was used to set up this account. Back in May 2018 I was contacted regarding a duplicate account that was created using my information. I was asked several questions. The main question being did I create this account. The answer was no. The person from Quickbooks was nice and told me they were going to do some research on their end. He suggested that I may want to file a police report at that time but in no way did he tell me it was required. Fraudulent charges have appeared occasionally on my bank cards through Bank of America, they always resolved the issue and credited the money back to my account. Never had to file a police report.

So I went on assuming this was being handled internally by the Quickbooks team. I get a call on July 26th from some guy in Risk Management, he been there over ten years. He kept giving me his resume. Extremely rude and treated me like a criminal. All he had to do was tell me to get this resolve you need to fill out an affidavit of forgery and file police report. Instead he droned on giving me his resume repeatedly and acted like this was somehow my fault.

I received the Affidavit of Forgery in the mail on Friday, August 10th. Two days after receiving the letter my merchant account was closed. The letter I received states that I have 28 days to resolve, the letter was dated 7/26/2018. 12 days after the date on the letter my account was closed. I was never told my account was going to be shut down. I turned in the Affidavit of Forgery and FBI report via email, I was on hold for 30 minutes and transferred, the whole call took over an hour just to be told that the documents cannot be accepted by email, it has to be sent certified mail. I did nothing wrong, Intuit customer service skills are the worst I have ever experienced. Plus I felt like I was being treated like a criminal.

I am a customer who was doing approximately $10,000/month in credit card transactions through Quickbooks. Because of the way I was treated I am shopping for other accounting solutions. It is a royal pain switching accounting systems but I am so furious about the way I was treated, that I am willing to go through changing systems again. Was not treated like a customer more like a criminal. My merchant account still has not been turned back on. I deal with notarized documents all the time as I am in the construction industry, notarized documents can be emailed. Save yourself a lot of time and frustrations, support has always been slow but dealing with this company is a nightmare.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This site is not be trusted as I can't believe they closed my account like that and my ability to accept payments from customers or clients that I trust. They tried to make it seem like the customers I had were criminals or something just because they sent over a large payment, like let me be the judge of that. I don't like it when sites judge your accounts when you're dealing with a large amount of money. To me it's none of your damn business what kind of money I'm working with or how large it is. What I hate about this is that it delayed the progress in my business. I read a horror story on here of somebody shipping out their item for a large amount and it had nothing to do with the customer. It was because of QuickBooks shutdown their account while they were in the middle of a sale or transaction. That to me is straight criminal activity on QuickBooks' end.

The customer service was lousy as well. Put on hold for such a long-time then I had a lady come on with a bit of an attitude and kind of cold as well. It annoyed me to no end. I felt like hanging up on her. The good thing is QB is not the only processor in town so I can always find another one but this is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with in a long-time. I mean their decision to close my account because of a large amount I was trying to receive is just unbelievable. I definitely recommend staying away from them at all costs. They're not worth your time or service.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I rarely write negative reviews of companies but I felt compelled after today's recent extortion attempt. I took over the management of a business from a deceased relative so I was naive, but I am learning fast to question Intuit at every turn. Quickbooks charges have always seemed to come out of nowhere. First there was the November software fee of $899 for 3 years. Then in February there was the annual payroll subscription for $359.99 (which they reduced when I complained because they automatically charged my account $671 for a plan I didn't need). Then we switched computers and need a download, so they tried to charge me $800 to reinstall the software I had purchased already. Fortunately, my staffer got around it by going to the Intuit website and getting chat support.

Today, an Intuit rep called to tell me that my program was corrupted and wasn't updating, and after a long pitch about corruption of my program and how dire my circumstances were, he told me I'd need to spend either $899 for one year, or over $3000 for lifetime 'data' support. I hung up on him. As it turns out, I had not turned on 'automatic updates' when I switched to the new computer, so he tried to convince me that my program was so corrupted that I needed the support package. All I needed to do was a simple setting change which I found in an Intuit email I had received. BEWARE, this company will try to sell you "DATA SUPPORT" packages you do not need. All you should pay are the software charges (annual or 3 years at a time) and the payroll charges (annual). DO NOT pay anything else.

Original review: July 11, 2018

That is my very first review on ConsumerAffairs however that I can not hold it. Whatever I try to perform online on Quickbooks I receive an error. I try various functionalities (login into the bank accounts, establishing payroll, seeding invoice) and nothing else works!!! Then I contact to 247quickbookshelp.com and then they help me out to resolve each and every error on my accounting software and they provide me learning material for future errors. You can too contact them at their Quickbooks Support 1844-722-6675 and they will resolve all your QuickBooks issues easily. Cheers!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I am being charged by Intuit Quickbooks for payroll services that I have never used or never requested this service. Upon calling today to request an explanation I was on the phone for 2 hours and was bumped to 4 different departments, each time having to go thru all the security questions over and over again speaking to very heavily accented individuals whom I could barely understand and who could barely understand me. I caution anyone who uses Quickbooks online to check your bills very carefully. The customer service is deplorable.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Their customer service is atrocious. Their system is constantly down and not a single rep takes responsibility for their calls. It's always transfer to 27 different people. They will lose the business from my company now but also I will not use any of their products. I have been a TurboTax user for 10 years. The ineptitude I have witnessed from their company shows me they have no integrity.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I purchased QuickBooks Pro 2015 in October of 2015 and in April 2018 I received a critical message when I signed into my desktop QuickBooks Pro that told me I needed to upgrade to QuickBooks 2018 or payroll and online banking would no longer be possible. I don't those services any longer. I was not interested in paying to upgrade, however, when I log into my QuickBooks I am always prompted to upgrade. I called Intuit to have the prompt removed and was told that it can't be removed without the upgrade. Feeling totally trapped into further purchases and would warn anyone considering Intuit products to reconsider!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Client made payment to my company via QuickBooks for a product. The payment was verified and processed for $11,000. We then shipped out the product to the customer. Now 3 days later QuickBooks says because we don't have 11000 in our QuickBooks account consistently they are refunding the $11000 back to the customer. How does this make sense??? As a small business we have payments incoming and outgoing. We have over $40,000 in and out of our QuickBooks account monthly and have had a business account with QuickBooks for several years but recently opened the payments account about a year ago. We are now out $11000 worth of product because it was already shipped. We will never do business with QuickBooks again! Terrible business practices! Lawsuit to come!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I use Quickbooks online and cannot believe how terrible this last update was. My program freezes constantly, certain options randomly go missing, and now printing has become a major hassle. Rather than print right from the program an Acrobat window open up but then everything freezes. A very small nuisance but nuisance nonetheless is that when I choose an item the cursor now jumps to the end of the description rather than the beginning where I put the date. Some of these may sound like ridiculous things to complain about but with the amount of invoicing I do I absolutely need efficiency. Getting help up on frozen screens and taking extra steps to enter the date when I've got 125 invoices that need to be completed in a day is unacceptable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We recently were forced to upgrade from 12.0 to 18.0 version at a large expense. I use the word forced because we called support on an issue and they said no one will help us until we purchase a new version. Thanks for the notice!! Now that we purchased 18.0 our terminals freeze up and we have gone 2 days with no Q.B. We had our IT dept call Q.B. and we were transferred around and then was put with a "Manager". After over 1 hour on the phone he admitted that 18.0 has major issues since April that they cannot fix. He later said he would call back no later than 1 pm the following day with a patch for us. Well here it is the next day and NO PATCH, No callback, No support. Quickbooks needs to reimburse us for the time we paid our IT person, and for selling a knowingly faulty program. When a customer spends thousands of dollars on Quickbooks products you would think the support dept would be supportive.

Original review: June 19, 2018

On the phone with support of 7 hours, bounced between departments, not one know what they were doing. Trying to resolve Intuit merchant account auto payments deducting payment from customer invoice. Not one person would address the issue. Reported it as a glitch, going on for 4 months. Not a glitch. Quickbooks support is nothing but waste of time. Bring support back to the United States, at least then you can understand right away. They know nothing. Or actually hire folks who are techies and not reading from some checklist of canned answers. As soon As I can find a suitable replacement Quickbooks will be gone. Do not buy it.

Original review: June 17, 2018

In 2013, Quickbooks came out with a feature called Fast Startup. There were no changes except it ran in the background at startup. Essentially, an instance of QB without a visible window. Well, you can actually do that yourselves by adding icons to the start menu. QB removed this feature 4 years later because it cause too many issues like data corruption, slow systems, multi user issues and more... How does everyone feel about that? In addition, if you purchased a 2017 addition... it installed icons from 2013 addition in the startup menu. How's that for cheap tricks?

Original review: June 4, 2018

From last two months their team isn't able to resolve my query No: **. And every time, new idiot comes on call and I have to explain him/her whole new story. Their seniors also don't call back. Because of their banking error 323, my last year book of account is in mess and couldn't do the filing of IT Return...

Original review: June 2, 2018

Forced to purchase an updated version (Quickbooks Pro 2018) which stops everything from working! Forced to wait on hold for support for over 67 minutes with lousy hold music! Why? So they can go spend their time playing with my HARD earned money, while I sit here... Thanks Intuit.

Original review: June 1, 2018

QB has a good product although they don't make a huge effort to keep it updated and to make their product work well for business. Case in point... There is not a freight integration for the newer online versions that existed for the old desktop versions. How hard could this be??? Also, good luck trying to ever speak with someone. I just had to wait an hour for a verification code that they insisted I call and get to complete an upgrade... ridiculous! Hate this company with a passion except they have a decent and uncomplicated product. They could be sooo much better though!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

In September 2017, I started using Quickbooks Merchant Services. I did 3 sales, with two customers: Customer A was for $400 + $ $283.20 = $683.20. Customer B was for $500. On receiving the credit card statement, Customer B did not recognise my company name on his credit card statement, so he disputed the transaction. After I contacted the customer and explained that the transaction was genuine, he apologised and sent me a cheque instead. I explained to INTUIT what had happened. Regardless, as a result of this, INTUIT cancelled my Merchant Services. They said they were holding back $683.20 from Customer A as a deposit, in case this customer disputed the transaction as well. I asked how long they would hold the deposit. Their answer was for at 6-9 months. This would be sufficient time to establish that the customer would not be disputing the transaction.

Fast forward to May 2018. I contacted INTUIT to ask them to pay me my $683.20 ($400 + $283.20). They said they had no record of $283.29 being processed and the $400 was a charge for the account closure. So I was not owed anything. INTUIT basically pocketed my $683.20. They could have told me back in September 2017 that the $283.29 had not been processed. Don't trust these guys!!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Having used Intuit - Quickbooks since the inception of our business in 2011, we have always had issues with upgrading to the newest version each year. However, this year it was far worse. Upon installation of the latest Intuit - Quickbooks Enterprise 18, we were locked out of our own company file. The password which worked flawlessly with the previous version of Quickbooks Enterprise 17 would no longer be accepted. We were forced to do a Password Reset/Recovery, where Intuit emailed us a temporary password. We were very shocked that Intuit took over our company file and locked out EVERY user we had! In essence we were held hostage by a program that we paid over $2,000 for!

If Intuit is able to change our company password remotely what other data do they have access to? Makes you wonder if their system is secure and if they are not harvesting our information for financial gain. Intuit needs to resolve their issues and protect the end user from potential security threats by not allowing the Intuit company file to be accessed remotely EVEN if it is by Intuit itself.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have now for a month and a half spent hours at a time with Quickbooks customer service trying to figure out why my bank statements for specific date ranges cannot be downloaded into my Quickbooks. My qb won't except the qbo format and I have at nausea troubleshot the web connect/direct connect issues with customer service. I have qb pro 2018 and am now more knowledgeable than the Philippines customer service supervisors that are very limited in ability to help.

Quickbooks online support in the US will not help because they say they do not know about the desktop format etc... simply, it's because online services are more profitable for Quickbooks so the desktop users get the cheap overseas customer service. Quickbooks corporate operators will not help in any way at all. A month and a half problem is simply unacceptable and not normal. Conclusion, Quickbooks does not care about my problem and it doesn't even matter why. I have already paid, they have my money and good luck buddy. I hope the higher ups in Quickbooks experience tenfold the frustration in all aspects of their lives that I have had to deal with this low quality Quickbooks experience.

Original review: May 16, 2018

It is rare that I run into a company with a lack of integrity, such as QuickBooks. I have been banging my head against the wall wondering why I continue to receive bills - months after cancelling my account. Today I called customer servicer (the gentleman was wonderful). He verified that when I opened my account via a phone conversation with their sales team, two accounts where opened - under the same name, email address - but different levels. The company has been charging me double and now refuses to refund me for the second account in full. The customer servicer rep stated, "it's our policy to only refund two (2) months, but we're going to give you six (6) of the fifteen (15!) months back. I will not recommend this company to others - for sure!

Original review: May 12, 2018

After purchasing software, they assigned it to a different person with the same name as me. Then I spent hours on the phone trying to get it sorted out. They finally refunded the money and had me buy a new license. Then when I finally got the software working, it was still showing the other business and person on my account. Then I filed transfer of ownership form. They told me to send a copy of my receipt (shouldn't they have that on file?). I did, to the specified address, and they emailed and said I had failed to send the documents requested and closed the case!

It always seems like it is someone from a foreign country at tech help that has a hard time understanding the problem. Yes, two different people can have the same name and have different business names, professions, and even live on opposite sides of the country. I wish I had never heard of Quickbooks! I think the product is ok, but I don't want to pay for someone else's license and then not exist myself in Quickbooks Land. Aaaarrrrgggg!!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have never been so angry with Quickbooks system as I am now. I had desktop 2015 version and was forced to purchase a new version. I never realized the incompatibility and complete difference between the two versions. This transfer occurred towards the end of the first quarter. No payroll information was transferred over; half of my payroll was on the desktop and half was on online. Therefore I am not able to generate quarterly reports to turn into Fed and State. I wasted over 2 hours working with Jasmine tech and Debra supervisor with the only statement that it is my fault for switching in the middle of the the first quarter and should have waited until the quarter completed! Are you kidding me?!

If that is your policy, then Intuit should NEVER have allowed this transfer until the quarter was completed!!! This policy should be made upfront and public! I was also told that it is desktop's problem not online and for me to call them. I KNOW that if I called desktop, they would say it is online's problem. So now I have to go back to my desktop version and enter all the payroll data in order to run my first quarter reports. Really?!!! I also asked for a statement to provide to the IRS and State that my reports are late because I inadvertently made the mistake of transferring into your system which does not support payroll liability payment information!!! I hope my 2 hour session was recorded and will be reviewed because what they told me is unacceptable!!!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information