Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: July 16, 2020

Chase bank no longer supports Internet explorer and hasn't for over a year, yet the newest 2020 QB Pro still has IE set as its default browser, with NO WAY TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER. I spent about 4 hours bouncing between QB and Chase support teams today and found that the QB online support teams in general are not trained to know this, or tell the customer upfront, that this is a major issue. Chase customers have to multi-step-- download from Chase each file, then import each web connect file, into QB. What a colossal pain! Aren't there thousands of Chase customers that QB deals with every day? Why is tech support not trained to tell me this info in the first 5 minutes (vs hours)?

Then I heard the greatest. The QB team is working on updating the default browser to EDGE. OMG, how un-customer friendly can you get? We don't want EDGE any more than we wanted IE. What you can do to please your customers is GIVE US the ability to choose our browser. Fix that now!!! I'm mad Intuit made me upgrade to 2020 and didn't get any more functionality from this new program.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Basically we were FORCED to upgrade to Enterprise, We were told that we were running out of data capacity and that our data would irretrievably be corrupted if we did not migrate to Enterprise. Intuit's bad design and WE have to pay for it!!! And all we got for our trouble was the ability to keep two companies open at a time. The learning curve required to use some of the other features is too steep. Meanwhile, we have had several technical problems which wasted our time and response time appears to be slower than before. And we are paying more than before!! Someone needs to consider legal action against Intuit!!

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

(Not so) Quickbooks online. Ugh! Tried chat service 2x. Different answers. First one would not help. Second one? "Follow my lead" and she took me down a rabbit hole. She was just guessing what might work in between leaving me for extended periods at a time. 5+ hours on chat. Gaaaaaaaa!!!! Had me delete things. However, one should void when possible so that a professional can fix their bad advice. The rep did not know how to respond to my basic question of fixing A/R on a balance sheet. How is it that you work for a software company and do not know how to use the software?

The program will not connect with a well known bank. Now I have to manually download a csv file and upload it into the program. If I have to do this manually, why don't I just do a basic liabilities and assets sheet and save $. Worse yet? We paid $17/mo. starting in April 2019. They are now charging us over 50$. Huh? Your online product is suddenly more expensive to administer? $600/yr. for a program that wastes my time, frustrates the crap out of me and does not do what I need it to do? Good-bye (not so) Quick books.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Had been a faithful user of QB and intuit projects. Due to their inability to communicate not to mention not being available except for chats when you do not know if you even have a human they WILL lock you out of your desktop products to force you to purchase newer products. They are attempting to force users onto the online product where they can continue to surcharge mom and pops businesses unnecessarily high fees that QB needs as they are losing their base. I was one of the loyal have switched several companies over.

NEVER again will I suggest or even acknowledge QB as an option as no honest credible business should or would want to associate with this kind of dishonest shady company with its customer service people one can never find. One thing to try when they have one of their regular days of a 2 hour wait push the option for interested in purchasing and within 2 minutes a human will magically be on the phone. Just a perfect example of what they think of their clients. Sad. Sad.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I am a ProAdvisor for Quickbooks. I gained a client in January 2020. I and the client were misled or just misinformed regarding many issues with the interface between TSheets (must use to post to Projects via Quickbooks), Quickbooks Online and Projects. The interfaces are faulty, mis-posts to projects. Now my client wants to switch to Quickbooks Desktop and I find out that payroll detail will not export!! I have 15 cases on payroll and support for this client in 6 months! UNBELIEVABLE!! Do NOT recommend anyone use this software for payroll to post to Projects.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Support for older QB versions simply want us all to buy yet, once again-not enough that thousands already spent-they refuse to activate my paid version with the purchase of a new computer-once our court systems reopen-I intend litigation, and vigorous at that. I spent over 6 hours on hold only to be disconnected, or, left on hold-this is their tactics-they are unworthy of even a single customer-time will tell.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Quickbooks/Intuit support is a complete joke. I spent the ENTIRE DAY on the phone and on chat with them and finally got the information I needed at 4pm. I started at 8:30 a.m. I was on hold for over an hour before I actually got to speak to a person and then they disconnected while trying to transfer me to a person not in Canada who could help me.

Then I tried chat and went through the process twice spending over an hour each time with a different person (why it takes so long for them to do everything is beyond me) walking me through them "helping" me before they got to the end and told me that they could not actually send me the information I needed because I was not authorized even though they "verified" that I was at the beginning of the chat session. Every time that I use chat they cannot help me and I need to call but every time I try to call I get hit with a message telling me to use chat. Plus, to actually get to a place where you can contact them it takes opening fifteen different windows and clicking on multiple links. They have a very well orchestrated ruse to get you to keep looking for something that does not really exist. Bottom line is the next time I need to upgrade I will be choosing a new program and not using Quickbooks/Intuit.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I've been a QuickBooks Pro Advisor for several years, and have had their payroll subscription for the last two years. I received a renewal notice about my Pro Advisor subscription, which is set for June, and it looked unusually high. My payroll subscription renews in December. When I called to find out what the charge included, they had bundled the two together, so that they could take my money for the payroll subscription six months early.

When I told them I wanted to have the payroll subscription renew on the date that it's supposed to renew, I was told that I would lose the rest of this year that I already paid for if I didn't renew with the Pro Advisor subscription, six months early, and that there is no resolution that would allow me to renew the two services separately, as I have for the last two years. This is unethical, and it's theft to not honor what I already purchased for the rest of the year unless I pay them six months early. I may just cancel the whole thing, but I believe what they are doing is or should be illegal. It's certainly unethical.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have for hours now been trying to set up payments tabs on my email invoices. Online it says it's done. In the program it gives me a "need to restart to update error." A dozen restarts and a couple of re-boots for good measure and this failure of a program continues to give me the same error message. Their popup chat borg person says they can only help with payroll, that I must join the on hold parade of the hopeless waiting for an answer. That their popup activates on the payments setup page and they cannot help. Highlights what is wrong with these guys. They have a monopoly on small business accounting. God how I wish it wasn't so.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I bought both products under the understanding they had a feature I needed. They didn't. So I called within a couple days for a refund. Let's just say it's not a fun time. After getting someone on the phone relatively quickly they threw me on hold for twenty minutes. He came back and told me that I needed to contact "Apple Pay". Not a great start, as I don't even own an apple phone. So I had to slowly explain that I used a desktop computer and my credit card to pay.

After explaining three different ways, I think he grasped it. "One minute" he said, then threw me back on hold. Twenty minutes goes by. "Sir we can't even find that you made any purchases". (He says this as I'm literally looking at my bank statements charged by Inuit. This time he throws me back on hold without telling me, twenty minutes go by. He comes back on the phone and tells me sorry for the wait but they got it all sorted out and I should see those charges reversed in four to five business days. I would get a survey in the mail but probably don't fill that out. At the time the survey thing didn't ring suspicious because I know how corporate metrics can be, and I really didn't care as long as I got my money back. It's two weeks later now, no refund has shown up and I'm fairly positive he told me whatever I wanted to hear to get me off the phone.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information