Intuit - Quickbooks

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just finished speaking with a manager with Quickbooks Online after some of our data disappeared from our online software. They confirmed for me that using Quickbooks Online is at my own risk. They offer no guarantees that the software is working correctly or that our data is safe. I confirmed with her a second time that this is the case. USERS BEWARE!!

I have been in the apparel and textile printing business for over 7 years. I have used many different credit card processing services including Intuit Quickbooks mobile processing. I have been using Intuit Quickbooks for over 15 years with all of my business. This year we decided to switch to Quickbooks online. They now have a service that you can use to have customers pay directly with a credit card or an ACH. They advertise it immediately when you first sign up. No mentions of any possible holds on funds or any review process. The whole registration took about 5 minutes and we were accepting credit cards and ACH's within 2 days after our bank account was verified.

Everything was going smoothly until one of our top clients, (an internationally well known brand) decided to pay 30% of approximately 50K invoice. The credit card went through and we got no notification in regards to any possible hold or reviews. So we simply expended the funds to hit our bank within the 2 business days as normal. When the fund didn't show up on time, we called and they forwarded us to the Risk Management division. They informed us that the amount charged was larger than our normal charges. Well mind you we do about 200K in business a months and not everyone pays with credit cards and the bank account that we connected this service to, was only few months old. Also this notification is given to us after only 2 month of charging credit cards. Not to mention when we signed up we informed them that we can be charging about 100K a month or more.

If this wasn't bad enough after being on hold for about an hour they ask us to send in a copy of the invoice and 6 months bank statement. We notify them that the bank was only few months old and we don't have 6 months worth of bank statements. They informed us that is fine and gave us a case number. I notice the case number was different than the one I was given by the Merchant services before transferring me to risk department. Then when I raised my concern about the different case number I was told that, the number they are given me should be used when sending the documents that they had requested in the subject line of the email. So we used that number.

When we checked with them the next day, they told us that they had not received our documents. So, after giving them the number they said it was wrong and belong to a different company. So once they verify who we were, they said "don't worry we now have your documents." This was Tuesday and almost a week after the 14K was charged and had cleared our clients bank. So we waited and more clients decided to pay their bills online and now the balance is at 20K.

Following Monday after giving them again nearly a week to process our 20K, the Money never showed up. So now we contact them again, with frustration, especially since we are still considered a small business and 20K is a large sum of money to be missing from our account. They apologized and said the files were not received and never gotten processed. After speaking with them over an hour, they finally said "we will review and call you back in one hour to let you know if it has been approved." Sure enough we got a call back before noon on Monday and was told that they are doing us a favor and releasing the 20K but our credit line would be 10K/month going forward.

I said thank you and they said the funds will be in our account within 24 hours. So, the next day when of course the funds didn't show up again, we called back and they said, no they changed their mind and we have to return the 14K back to our client and ask for a different form of payment. To add insult to injury they still didn't release the remaining 6K of about 10 small different transactions. Today is Wednesday and still no funds. Each days they take about 1 to 2 hours of our day and treat us with at most disrespect and pretty much telling us it is what it is and we have no say in any of their decision.

Oh, the best part, they don't want to be recorded and can't conveniently sent out any emails to request any of these things in writing. They also claim the fund are not being used for investment purposes and these holds are just random. Yeah and Wells Fargo didn't steal millions from their customers. My advise: Use Stripe credit card processing. We have been using them for over 2 years and they are absolutely great with customer service and respect their clients. Very disappointed with Quickbooks and now we are working to develop our own accounting software so we don't have to deal with incompetence.

The WORST. After signing up for the service, I had two clients pay several invoices via bank transfer. Each transaction sent me a confirmation that payment had been made and about 5-7 days later, I received a notice on every single one that they had been "unable to locate account." Both clients repaid each invoice (6 in total) a second time, and again I received confirmation. Again, a few days later I received notices that they were unable to locate account. Clients paid a THIRD time. (Thank goodness for their patience!) After over an hour on the phone with Intuit Support, they basically said there was nothing they could do nor could they cancel the third transactions while they were "pending" so that clients could pay by check or Venmo.

At this point we are three weeks waiting on funds! Then I receive a call from Intuit with a case number and I log in and realize they've disconnected my account without even telling me. They've withdrawn all the funds from the clients at least 5 days ago and now the only way they'll release them to me is if I send them a copy of my driver's license, business license AND utility bill (which is not in my name). To prove that I'm a business? You haven't minded being my accounting software for the last three years and monitoring tens of thousands of transactions across checking and credit card accounts, and now you're wanting to verify I'm a business? How about that EIN that's entered in my profile? The credit card you bill monthly? The checking account you record all my other invoice deposits go into? This is ridiculous. Never again!

Upgraded to Quickbooks Pro 2017 and payroll taxes. One and a half months in can not update payroll taxes. Support says my Quickbook files are damaged and want 199 to repair and 400 for support services for one year and only one repair or 600 for support for three years. They want to extract my files and repair them then put them back in. Sounds a lot like other complaints on this site. Being held hostages for my own files.

I have been using QuickBooks Pro since 2000. I am currently using the 2015 version and on 2-20-2017 I created a local backup of my company data and performed the "upgrade" that QuickBooks kept bugging me to perform. I went to open my company file today (2-26-2017) and Quickbooks crashed with an "Unrecoverable Error". I tried restoring from my backup on 2-20 and it still crashed. I tried opening older files and it still crashed. I called support and talked to Sam **.

As soon as I told him the version of QuickBooks I was using he asked if I had already talked to a database engineer. I said no, that this was my first call to Intuit. He set up a remote session into my computer so he could diagnose the problem and after making it happen and seeing the error code "00081 46951" Sam opened Notepad and started typing his information and what my options were. This was like watching a 1970s used car dealer show you your purchase options.

Here is exactly what he wrote... "Bringing down QuickBooks on your network. QuickBooks crash and Database engineer will fix it. QuickBooks software often crashes when check data. Update your QuickBooks. 6 months support: $199.99, 1 year support: $299.99, 2 year support: $399.99." Direct support from Database engineer: Sam said that this was a data corruption problem and that I would have to pay for support so a database engineer could remote into my computer to fix this problem. I have been a software engineer for over 30 years and this is not a data corruption problem. If my current data was corrupt, then I would be able to open an older backup of the data. I have over 40 backups and none of them would open. It is so clear that the update was designed to break QuickBooks so Intuit could charge me to upgrade. This is retail ransomware and I will never buy anything from Intuit.

Oh yeah, when I told Sam that I was a software engineer and that this didn't make sense because a data corruption problem would only explain me not being able to open my current file and that me not being able to open any backups either he transferred me to his "manager". When the manager got on I told them the same thing and they said "Thank you, bye bye" and hung up on me. In reading other people's experiences on this site it looks like that is a common way for their managers to respond. I am just shocked at this entire experience. BTW: I have attached the screen shot from when QuickBooks crashes in case anybody wants to compare my problem with theirs. Also, I don't have an "order number" to submit to prove that I'm a verified buyer because I purchased it at Costco and don't have my receipt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

I've been using Quickbooks 2017 Pro for my business. I have a paid subscription which cost me $50/month. Recently I received a message saying there were issues with my company file. I recently upgrade to 2017 and was told (by Quickbooks) that this included some free support. Anyways, I called Quickbooks about the issues with the company file. The polite tech in Delhi shared my screen and had me run a 'rebuild'. Several error messages showed up. He informed me that the company file had issues and should be repaired. He informed me this would take about 4 days and would require a paid support plan. He proposed a $150US support plan for 1 week or strongly suggested the $600US plan for 3 months. I politely declined and said I wanted to do a bit more research.

After a quick online search, I learned that creating a portable file and restoring it might resolve file corruption issues. 'Voila', 10 minutes later my issue was resolved. Surely this tech knew that there was a simple fix that might work but was more motivated to sell me a $600US support plan. Quickbooks is a good program but they have unethical business practices.

I was told I would receive a refund check within 2 weeks. I mailed my CD by priority mail. Checking the tracking, it was received 2 days later. It is now 4+ weeks, no refund. When I called customer service, they hardly understood what I was talking about. They told me they had no record of my return. When I asked them to check tracking they said they had no record. I easily checked tracking, it was delivered to their facility in 2 days. I waited 30 minutes for a manager/supervisor, no one ever answered for 40 minutes. Finally after much more time, they will send me a refund in 2 more weeks!! What is up QuickBooks. Very very poor.

I am a small business who relied on Quickbooks for years. I did not need bells and whistles and promptly upgraded my Quickbooks through the years as I updated my computer and OS as needed. Here we are again, in the upgrade mode and I could not be more annoyed that Quickbooks would only offer me the same discount to purchase a new Quickbooks as if I didn't already own it. I even called to ask if they did an upgrade price and spoke to an advisor who obviously only could do what they do. Granted, I am just one, but how many other small business owners feel trapped as I do? If we own a key, then we should get an upgrade price. Period. FYI, I went with zipbooks.com. Goodbye Quickbooks.

My former accountant created a QBO Plus account for my books as part of her practice set-up. When we parted ways, she put me (left me?) on the QBO Plus product - twice the features and twice the price I need. Intuit/QBO will absolutely not a) downgrade the product for me - even though they know I did not choose it and b) will not allow manual imports from the QBO Plus accounts to the new one. They allow individual reports to be exported, which of course makes it relatively easy to set up - in Xero!

They claim it's because the set-up may be using accounts and features that cannot be accommodated by the downgraded product's set-up, but there's not wriggle room - for example, QBO Plus includes inventory - but I've never run an inventory-based business in my life and there would be no data in that part of the accounts.

The thing that makes me feel really disappointed and sad is the choice has been completely taken out of my hands. I am legally required to keep these records but the choice of storage of the records was not mine. I will have to pay for the QBO Plus and every time I log in, I'll think and feel "Here's that company that keeps ripping me off". I guess that's a short-term gain for Intuit but maybe not a long-term one. I'm guessing this is not the feeling their marketers want their customers to have (I'm in SaaS Marketing and I certainly wouldn't), but there you have it. I've had to commit to staring at the QBO logo every week and thinking "These guys are screwing me".

Our company upgraded to QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017 when we purchased our new computer in December of 2016. Now we are unable to fax from QuickBooks. We uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, replaced the USB cable to the printer, brought the computer in to be checked to be told that the problem was with QuickBooks, and it usually is. In speaking to QuickBooks, I was told that there are corrupted files from the previous QuickBooks that had been duplicating over time and that our QuickBooks would be down 4-5 days to fix this or have to pay $250.00 plus tax to get it fixed in 4 hours.

This seems as if QuickBooks is holding our company up at gunpoint. We rely on QuickBooks throughout the day, our company cannot be at a standstill for 4-5 days while QuickBooks fixes its own problem, nor should our company have to pay for corrupted files from QuickBooks. I just wonder how many other people have this issue if the computer store said it was so common?

This Company is only good for certain things, but the support and customer service is the WORST ever. I had a manager HANG UP on ME because she didn't feel like listening anymore. It took me 2.5 months to get setup on payroll. NO ONE helps you and no one is knowledgeable or helpful. NEVER do your payroll with this ** company. Stay away. I have been a bookkeeper for 10 years and this company is the worst.

I have been working with Quickbooks online for the past two years after 20 yrs with manual quickbooks which I had no problem using. Quickbooks online is the most complicated package I have ever used and I spend hours online chatting with agents trying to sort out the problems. This month is a nightmare as everything online has been changed due to a problem with the deposit system when you are paying more than one invoice at a time and all the money is sitting in undeposited funds and you cannot do anything to release them. After 3 days of telling me it was my problem finally yesterday they admitted quote, "Due to the not deposited transactions, this problem is an ongoing issue and our Product Engineers are already aware of the problem. This is scheduled to be fixed on their next product update V1702 release." Can you believe it. I am being paid to do my job and I can't do my work without this being fixed.

We have had Quickbooks and TABS3 integration using QB's Remote Data Sharing software for 2 years. Recently we were forced to upgrade from 2015 to 2016 and were assured we would not have problems. As of last Friday, I have talked with QB people 5 times, TABS several times and our own IT people and the gal who installed the programs and our first go to person. I have over 8 hours in 2 days on the phone. I cannot integrate TABS into QB, because the RDS client server is not talking to the RDS server software. I used to have access to integrate into QB. QB is not allowing me to integrate, even though the box is checked to always allow me to integrate. We have a QWC file, which is QB, but the support there says it's a TABS file, which it is not. I cannot open files, post money, add a cost, etc. because nothing goes over to QB. QB customer service is useless.

You cannot get past Level 1 and if you do, they tell you they no longer support 3rd party applications like TABS3 etc. No one will log onto our server and try to figure the problem out. The TABS guy called them after I talked with them and finally convinced the guy it's QB's problem so he gives TABS this number and says it's "enhanced QB support for TABS". That number is 800-859-3282, which a company called "ALL Data" support. They are tech people for auto stores and their POS systems etc. Anyway, we do not need an automotive place, but doing some digging, I found this, **. They want us to call a completely different company to have them help us out with their product! Can you believe it!!! Waste of time and money. They sell a product but do not support it. Worst customer service I have ever seen! Do not buy Quickbooks!

Quickbooks Pro 2015 fails on Excel 2016 Reports and 4K worse. When MS issued its latest office last year, I had a major slowdown and occasional failures on company reports saved to Excel. I just replaced my PC with a brand new 4K Laptop running the latest W10 and the QB displays, especially icons, are so tiny as to be unusable. I tried all the fixes in the forums and nothing has worked well.

Worse, I just tried to save my CY2016 financials in Excel and I had multiple failures on both the QB software as well as Excel crashes. I tried the pre-save as a 2003 compatible file and was able to get one report to work but took 5 minutes to write a report that used to take seconds. I see many, many similar complaints on Forums and Intuit is apparently doing nothing about fixing these problems. I am starting a new company and will use a different product. Hear that Intuit???

I had a problem with my payroll LAST THURSDAY, it would only create 4 of the 26 paychecks. I called in and they told me there was problem with my file and they would have to upload it and repair it. That was LAST WEEK! It is now WEDNESDAY at noon and we still don't have it fixed. We were told not to work in the file because we would have to re-enter anything we did when (IF) we get our file back. In the meantime, they have uploaded it 3 times. Still no fix. I have called every phone number that I can to complain.

I am paying 3 office employees to sit and do NOTHING since last week! They have done all the filing and went shopping for office supplies & cleaned the office. Now we are sitting around staring at each other! Not to mention that our Payroll taxes were due Monday, so we will pay penalties and interest if we ever get our file back and can submit the taxes! I have been on hold today currently, for 47 minutes trying to find out what is going on. No one there seems too concerned - meanwhile my business is at a standstill! I don't know what to do except to warn others - DON'T BUY QUICKBOOKS - look for some other accounting software with better Customer Service! And, OH - did I mention I paid $3,299.00 for their "SERVICE PLAN"!!! Don't get ripped off like us.

In May I had to purchase Quickbooks 2016 to keep my enhanced payroll. It has never worked right. Cannot get the tax forms needed. Just will not work. No help from customer service. They always want me to go online & my computer is not connected to the internet for various reasons, security being the biggest. Always could do invoices, account payable, account receivable, payroll & all tax forms needed via disk update from Quickbooks until I purchased the 2016 edition. It is terrible!!! Look for a simple program I can do offline that includes my payroll. Quickbooks just isn't doing it any longer. Customer service is a mess, usually someone I cannot understand.

Promises the world before you buy! I need highly customized invoices due to state and federal regulations associated with my business. An Intuit sales rep told me that it's NO PROBLEM! So I'm excited to buy and get moving on it, turns out there's only 5 different invoices to choose from and little customization is allowed. So, I spend 2.5 hours on the phone trying to figure out if I can get the correct invoice.

Finally get in touch with someone that knows what they are doing after the first hour and a half, show him my paper invoice, he tells me it's not a problem to digitize my paper invoice and get it working with all of Intuit's services where my field techs can access it, for an additional $400. I explained to him that there's no way I'm going to fork out more money when his company has failed every expectation thus far! Instead of reassuring me, he told me "Sir, hang up the phone and have a nice day." I quickly called Quickbooks subscription cancellation number at 5:40pm PST and was on hold for 19 minutes. As soon as the call was answered, I was hung up on. Imagine my surprise when I find out their customer service number closes at 6:00pm PST. Find a cloud service to host your spreadsheets. Less-headaches.

First off, if you are considering processing any transactions with this poor excuse of a company, STAY AWAY! Poor customer service, no follow up, and they steal your money! We processed 7, maybe 8 transactions with them and we have yet to see a dime! We stopped selling on eBay and opened a store on Shopify (great selling platform by the way), but we have yet to be paid a single dime from Intuit Quickbooks, they won't answer emails and we have gotten the runaround to release our funds of $1,706.51!!! State attorney is getting involved and I will make sure this company is shut down... PERIOD. They have taken from others! STAY AWAY!

We have a person working in our office who does some data entry and filing. I was training her to do our invoicing our clients and to receive payment from our clients. When she tried to do an invoice or receive a payment from one of our clients who is on our wholesale billing and that are online, we kept getting an error that she did not have access. After talking to support, they showed us how to give her access. Go into your team members and client access, check the box in front of the client. We did this only to find out that by giving her this access, she now had access to my client's books, not just ours, and she could make changes to our account. When I sold the online to my clients I assured them that their files were secure.

I now had to send letters to all my clients who are online and advise them of the security breach. I have contacted the Office of the President and an upper support technician stated that yes they have had several comments on this issue and are working on it. They don't seem to see this as any big deal. They requested that I send them what my ideas of team members should be, and what I would like to have my employees to have access to. I should not have to grant access to client's files for someone to issue an invoice or receive a payment from my accounting. She stated that they are working on it but it may take some time. I was amazed that they do not see this as a security breach. I am writing this so other people are aware of the issue.

I have been using the product since 2008. Over that period of time, I have lost hundreds of hours of work. The software has numerous bugs. When you're entering data, if you do anything out of sequence the software will just erase all your data entry and you have to start over. Today I was entering vendor names and account numbers for imported Quickbooks data and I had entered about 25 vendor names and then came across a new vendor. I entered the new vendor name and hit tab and Quickbooks prompted me to "Quick Add" the new vendor name, which I clicked yes. Immediately Quickbooks added the vendor and wiped out all the data entry I had done on all the 25 previous entries.

This is one example of the many scenarios where bugs have dropped data. Also BEWARE, MANY banks and credit card companies DO NOT SUPPORT Quickbooks because Intuit FORCES the Institutions to pay fees to use the Quickbooks. I will stop using ALL Intuit products in 2017, I am fed up with the many things you CANNOT do with Intuit products. Why you cannot import credit card transactions or checking account transactions from a spreadsheet is the single WORST design flaw that proves that Intuit is determined to milk every last penny from their users and vendors, because they are the market leader and people allow them to get away with the crime.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Got over promised by the QuickBooks salesperson. They told me was going to be easy to import my data from XERO, and made a HUGE MESS. I try to get in touch with them, numerous time, but they don't try to help you after you pay for your subscription. Strongly recommend to go to Xero. Much better service. And if you need help, easy to get someone from the support team. QuickBooks if you're going to promise a migration, do it right, or don't do it at all! Thanks for nothing.

I have been using QuickBooks since 1999. In the last 10 years or more Intuit has outsourced customer service to the Philippines. There you can talk to polite people who repeat everything you say and understand almost nothing. As I write this I am on my 3rd hold for 45 minutes. QB 2015 accountant stopped working at a workstation. The other workstations are fine. I have been verified as a pro advisor 3 times and transferred 4 times. The first tech diagnosed the problem as my data file manager on the workstation needs replacing. It is corrupt. Still waiting... Not really service at all!

This company is a rip off. For a glorified spreadsheet that does not even work as it should they should be held accountable. Things are miscalculated, timesheets do not work properly, sick time and vacation time do not accrue properly - massive headaches. Indian phone support is worse than incompetent and I do mean worse. I am continually searching for another solution and as soon as I find one I am gone from QB and after a year of this I am thinking I will not trust Intuit with Turbo Tax either. They truly SUCK.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with 2 boys who I could barely understand. They made small talk while stalling for something... I don't know what. Then when the "product specialist" came on the line he kept repeating himself, asking me why I wanted to switch to the online version. Only after explaining it multiple times did he tell me that the monthly rate is 'per company' (I have 4) and the payroll service would increase significantly and I would have to enter all my payroll information manually. I cannot believe that this company survives in our current technological environment. There must be another software available, I will be shopping for sure.

THIS HAPPENED TODAY. So Quickbooks support is likely using a script for the hardsell of unnecessary Quickbooks support plans. My COO called Quickbooks support to ask "how do we void a paycheck". And was then asked to give access to his computer. Big mistake! The heavily Indian accented alleged Quickbooks support guy named "Andrew **" (Oh yeah, that's an Indian name. Not!) support tech then says, "oh, you have big problems. Your data is infracted and your log files are infracted." Really? So my COO calls me, and I then get my company tech support on a conference call. I have some tech savvy too and never heard this before. He repeated the same thing he told my COO and kept saying my "server was infracted or my network was infracted" but he could fix it for $399 one time fee or $499 for annual support subscription.

So I used the help search function within Quickbooks and it said it was only $299 for the year! And he kept saying we were at "high risk of losing all your data." He must have said that five times. It was a high-pressure sales pitch for sure. Both my company tech support vendor and I just did not believe this high-pressure sales tactic because he was being vague and uttered the same phrases about "losing all your data". THIS IS A SCAM IN MY OPINION. So we ran the verify data program from utilities and we ran the rebuild data program from utilities and Quickbooks' own software FOUND 0 ISSUES. THIS IS A SCAM. BEWARE.

Last week I entered a bill once and it entered into QB Online twice. When I paid the bill it also paid it twice. I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support. We did get the matter resolved but this is not the first time I had this happen. Today I went to pay another bill that was previously in the system. It was completely gone. Tech support suggested I just reenter the bill. That in itself is no big deal but losing data is. What other data may have been corrupted. Since I started using QB online I have spent over 40 hours with Tech Support fixing problems I did not cause. I would not use it but my accountant is in another city and it allows her to reconcile our account. I would say if you have a choice, do not use this product.

I wish I could give them 0!!! PLEASE!!! Do not use Intuit - Quickbooks Merchant account without reading this review first!!! When you sign up they are very friendly and the application process is really easy. As soon as you make your first transaction they will put your money on hold and make your life miserable!! They will ask you for a ton of papers in order to "investigate" before they believe you are entitled to YOUR MONEY. Since I did not have the luxury to wait until they finish their "investigation", I had to cancel the transaction and ask the customer for a different method of payment. I called Intuit to cancel this transaction and spoke to a lady who guided me through the process to reverse the transaction.

Want to know the outcome?? Intuit took the money from My bank account and refunded the money to my customer when the reason I had canceled the transaction was because they had put the money on hold, therefore, the money NEVER reached my bank account. The transaction was for over $20,000.00. Of course, they put my bank account on RED and like 4-5 automatic transactions did not go through. The bank will charge me 35.00 for each NSF transaction. All these happened on a Friday, therefore, I was not able to make payroll either.

I had to call like 3 times and speak with like 6 different people just to tell me that it was a mistake, that they will refund the money but it will take like 48 hrs to be effective and that there were nothing else they could do about that. Simple as that. No regrets!! They also charged me a fee for $665.00. I still don't know why. I am going to make an appointment with a consumer lawyer as well as filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency.

Intuit downloaded a link in my Quickbooks that promised QuickBooks Mobile Monthly, but when I signed up, didn't say that it only worked with Quickbooks Online, not Quickbooks Desktop versions until I was already signed up. I have spent 4 months now trying to get this canceled, and once again I have spent over an hour on the phone, getting transferred between departments, and have reached a final department that claims that they can cancel it. I will see next month I guess. I recommend not using anything that requires help from Intuit Customer support. As for me, I'm divesting myself of every software package or financial service that has an Intuit label on it. I don't have an Hour to waste every month trying to cancel a $10 item. This is the last in a series of calls attempting to cancel this service.

I have used Quickbooks Self Employed for almost two years, I could not be more disappointed with this product. The platform is unreliable. Unfortunately, all of my accounting and tax info is entered into the application, making it nearly impossible for me to quit the service until the end of the tax year. The application is supposed to import transactions from your credit card and/or bank and then allow you to characterize those transactions in order to capture all of your scheduled business expenses. The application is also designed to help you estimate your quarterly taxes.

The problem is the application imports the bank and credit card transactions and then repeats them multiple times in the QB Self Employed app. For a single credit card transaction, it is not unrealistic for this transaction to show up in QB 6-8 times, each transaction requiring the user to categorize the transaction... taking up time and effort.

I have asked Intuit support to help resolve the problem, same responses each time "Just exclude the transactions that are multiple entries." So their solution is for me to just take more time characterizing entries that appear multiple times in the QB transaction log. I have asked support to fix the problem no less than 6 times in the year and a half I have had this service, each time they promise they have fixed the error. There is no one to talk to except over email and they clearly don't understand the issue as they are obviously being subcontracted by a third party in a foreign country. Overall just a horrible experience and a horrible company to do business with. If you look at the reviews online, you need to use caution... the company themselves offer a page with reviews but only provide access to the good reviews... Never use Intuit, horrible.

Well, about a week ago my Quickbooks online account stopped allowing me to access from my work computer. I had a red exclamation next to the http: and it would not give me the area to sign on, although it did show the upgrade area for downloading the service on my computer. I called Quickbooks believing that since this is an online service, they would be able to get me back up and running. I was able to sign in from my home computer and my cell phone. So, the man who answered got me in a chat with him and signed onto my computer so he could see my screen. When he saw the red exclamation he proceeded to tell me that I would need a 3rd tier tech support and then he opened my notepad and typed in the cost. I immediately was angry. Why would I pay someone to get to my sign on page when I had done nothing to change my computer or do anything that would cause me not to be able to sign in.

I have plenty of Virus protections and privacy walls. When I clicked on the exclamation, it stated that my connection may not be private. I was angry, and then it dawned on me, they are just trying to sell tech support, there is nothing wrong with my computer, they probably sent out something so that I would not be able to sign on. So, I did a bit of a rant... I do have professional computer experts downstairs at my company, but I did not want to take them away from that, but I told him, now I would, I would find out what Quickbooks had done to create this problem and then I would call my son-in-law the lawyer and I would sue them for trying to dupe me into purchasing tech support. As the tech watched my screen, I used my snipping tool to copy everything he said, the prices he had typed into my notepad and I told him goodbye.

As I closed the chat program, the second screen came up with a review of the customer service rep, which, I began to type up as not helpful, but then it dawned on me, I had probably scared them, so I opened up a new screen and tried to sign into Quickbooks which had not worked in at least a week, and guess what? It suddenly worked... out of the blue. The customer rep had done nothing, at least on my side, and suddenly the problem had disappeared. I find it very funny that threatening them with a lawsuit suddenly fixed my problem. But, I guess that is up to you to believe or not. I truly believe they are just trying to get money out of businesses to fix problems that they create. If I was a big business, I might have just paid it and forgot about it, but I am not. $395 is a decent amount of money for my company to pay out, and I am not going to just throw it out the window.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Profile