Intuit - Quickbooks

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! Got over promised by the QuickBooks salesperson. They told me was going to be easy to import my data from XERO, and made a HUGE MESS. I try to get in touch with them, numerous time, but they don't try to help you after you pay for your subscription. Strongly recommend to go to Xero. Much better service. And if you need help, easy to get someone from the support team. QuickBooks if you're going to promise a migration, do it right, or don't do it at all! Thanks for nothing.

I have been using QuickBooks since 1999. In the last 10 years or more Intuit has outsourced customer service to the Philippines. There you can talk to polite people who repeat everything you say and understand almost nothing. As I write this I am on my 3rd hold for 45 minutes. QB 2015 accountant stopped working at a workstation. The other workstations are fine. I have been verified as a pro advisor 3 times and transferred 4 times. The first tech diagnosed the problem as my data file manager on the workstation needs replacing. It is corrupt. Still waiting... Not really service at all!

This company is a rip off. For a glorified spreadsheet that does not even work as it should they should be held accountable. Things are miscalculated, timesheets do not work properly, sick time and vacation time do not accrue properly - massive headaches. Indian phone support is worse than incompetent and I do mean worse. I am continually searching for another solution and as soon as I find one I am gone from QB and after a year of this I am thinking I will not trust Intuit with Turbo Tax either. They truly SUCK.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with 2 boys who I could barely understand. They made small talk while stalling for something... I don't know what. Then when the "product specialist" came on the line he kept repeating himself, asking me why I wanted to switch to the online version. Only after explaining it multiple times did he tell me that the monthly rate is 'per company' (I have 4) and the payroll service would increase significantly and I would have to enter all my payroll information manually. I cannot believe that this company survives in our current technological environment. There must be another software available, I will be shopping for sure.

THIS HAPPENED TODAY. So Quickbooks support is likely using a script for the hardsell of unnecessary Quickbooks support plans. My COO called Quickbooks support to ask "how do we void a paycheck". And was then asked to give access to his computer. Big mistake! The heavily Indian accented alleged Quickbooks support guy named "Andrew **" (Oh yeah, that's an Indian name. Not!) support tech then says, "oh, you have big problems. Your data is infracted and your log files are infracted." Really? So my COO calls me, and I then get my company tech support on a conference call. I have some tech savvy too and never heard this before. He repeated the same thing he told my COO and kept saying my "server was infracted or my network was infracted" but he could fix it for $399 one time fee or $499 for annual support subscription.

So I used the help search function within Quickbooks and it said it was only $299 for the year! And he kept saying we were at "high risk of losing all your data." He must have said that five times. It was a high-pressure sales pitch for sure. Both my company tech support vendor and I just did not believe this high-pressure sales tactic because he was being vague and uttered the same phrases about "losing all your data". THIS IS A SCAM IN MY OPINION. So we ran the verify data program from utilities and we ran the rebuild data program from utilities and Quickbooks' own software FOUND 0 ISSUES. THIS IS A SCAM. BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Last week I entered a bill once and it entered into QB Online twice. When I paid the bill it also paid it twice. I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support. We did get the matter resolved but this is not the first time I had this happen. Today I went to pay another bill that was previously in the system. It was completely gone. Tech support suggested I just reenter the bill. That in itself is no big deal but losing data is. What other data may have been corrupted. Since I started using QB online I have spent over 40 hours with Tech Support fixing problems I did not cause. I would not use it but my accountant is in another city and it allows her to reconcile our account. I would say if you have a choice, do not use this product.

I wish I could give them 0!!! PLEASE!!! Do not use Intuit - Quickbooks Merchant account without reading this review first!!! When you sign up they are very friendly and the application process is really easy. As soon as you make your first transaction they will put your money on hold and make your life miserable!! They will ask you for a ton of papers in order to "investigate" before they believe you are entitled to YOUR MONEY. Since I did not have the luxury to wait until they finish their "investigation", I had to cancel the transaction and ask the customer for a different method of payment. I called Intuit to cancel this transaction and spoke to a lady who guided me through the process to reverse the transaction.

Want to know the outcome?? Intuit took the money from My bank account and refunded the money to my customer when the reason I had canceled the transaction was because they had put the money on hold, therefore, the money NEVER reached my bank account. The transaction was for over $20,000.00. Of course, they put my bank account on RED and like 4-5 automatic transactions did not go through. The bank will charge me 35.00 for each NSF transaction. All these happened on a Friday, therefore, I was not able to make payroll either.

I had to call like 3 times and speak with like 6 different people just to tell me that it was a mistake, that they will refund the money but it will take like 48 hrs to be effective and that there were nothing else they could do about that. Simple as that. No regrets!! They also charged me a fee for $665.00. I still don't know why. I am going to make an appointment with a consumer lawyer as well as filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency.

Intuit downloaded a link in my Quickbooks that promised QuickBooks Mobile Monthly, but when I signed up, didn't say that it only worked with Quickbooks Online, not Quickbooks Desktop versions until I was already signed up. I have spent 4 months now trying to get this canceled, and once again I have spent over an hour on the phone, getting transferred between departments, and have reached a final department that claims that they can cancel it. I will see next month I guess. I recommend not using anything that requires help from Intuit Customer support. As for me, I'm divesting myself of every software package or financial service that has an Intuit label on it. I don't have an Hour to waste every month trying to cancel a $10 item. This is the last in a series of calls attempting to cancel this service.

I have used Quickbooks Self Employed for almost two years, I could not be more disappointed with this product. The platform is unreliable. Unfortunately, all of my accounting and tax info is entered into the application, making it nearly impossible for me to quit the service until the end of the tax year. The application is supposed to import transactions from your credit card and/or bank and then allow you to characterize those transactions in order to capture all of your scheduled business expenses. The application is also designed to help you estimate your quarterly taxes.

The problem is the application imports the bank and credit card transactions and then repeats them multiple times in the QB Self Employed app. For a single credit card transaction, it is not unrealistic for this transaction to show up in QB 6-8 times, each transaction requiring the user to categorize the transaction... taking up time and effort.

I have asked Intuit support to help resolve the problem, same responses each time "Just exclude the transactions that are multiple entries." So their solution is for me to just take more time characterizing entries that appear multiple times in the QB transaction log. I have asked support to fix the problem no less than 6 times in the year and a half I have had this service, each time they promise they have fixed the error. There is no one to talk to except over email and they clearly don't understand the issue as they are obviously being subcontracted by a third party in a foreign country. Overall just a horrible experience and a horrible company to do business with. If you look at the reviews online, you need to use caution... the company themselves offer a page with reviews but only provide access to the good reviews... Never use Intuit, horrible.

Well, about a week ago my Quickbooks online account stopped allowing me to access from my work computer. I had a red exclamation next to the http: and it would not give me the area to sign on, although it did show the upgrade area for downloading the service on my computer. I called Quickbooks believing that since this is an online service, they would be able to get me back up and running. I was able to sign in from my home computer and my cell phone. So, the man who answered got me in a chat with him and signed onto my computer so he could see my screen. When he saw the red exclamation he proceeded to tell me that I would need a 3rd tier tech support and then he opened my notepad and typed in the cost. I immediately was angry. Why would I pay someone to get to my sign on page when I had done nothing to change my computer or do anything that would cause me not to be able to sign in.

I have plenty of Virus protections and privacy walls. When I clicked on the exclamation, it stated that my connection may not be private. I was angry, and then it dawned on me, they are just trying to sell tech support, there is nothing wrong with my computer, they probably sent out something so that I would not be able to sign on. So, I did a bit of a rant... I do have professional computer experts downstairs at my company, but I did not want to take them away from that, but I told him, now I would, I would find out what Quickbooks had done to create this problem and then I would call my son-in-law the lawyer and I would sue them for trying to dupe me into purchasing tech support. As the tech watched my screen, I used my snipping tool to copy everything he said, the prices he had typed into my notepad and I told him goodbye.

As I closed the chat program, the second screen came up with a review of the customer service rep, which, I began to type up as not helpful, but then it dawned on me, I had probably scared them, so I opened up a new screen and tried to sign into Quickbooks which had not worked in at least a week, and guess what? It suddenly worked... out of the blue. The customer rep had done nothing, at least on my side, and suddenly the problem had disappeared. I find it very funny that threatening them with a lawsuit suddenly fixed my problem. But, I guess that is up to you to believe or not. I truly believe they are just trying to get money out of businesses to fix problems that they create. If I was a big business, I might have just paid it and forgot about it, but I am not. $395 is a decent amount of money for my company to pay out, and I am not going to just throw it out the window.

We are a parent volunteer non-profit organization that has been set-up on Quickbooks for years. The treasurer position will transfer from person to person every year or two and Quickbooks is now telling us without calling the original treasurer who set up the program they cannot give us a validation code. Of course there is a possible workaround that can take a few days (or a week when you have a holiday coming up), but in the meantime I am unable to pay vendors or parents. This is not acceptable to an organization like ours that doesn't have a consistent laptop or person doing our books from year to year.

We do not need payroll, or invoicing, or the myriad of other options... we just need to keep track of where our money is going and cut checks, but now I can't even do that! THANK YOU INTUIT! Thank you for the amazing program that is only good for the recycling bin AND for locking down our records on a program WE PAID FOR. We are looking at other self-contained programs that we can switch to that will not hinder our year over workload.

Quickbooks lost 6 months' worth of data. Spent 1.75 hours troubleshooting. The technician had no idea what he was doing. Problem is not solved. Asked to talk to a manager. He had no idea what he was doing. Tech support is in India. Nobody gives a crap or has a value of time and resources there. They reflect their cultural values onto the customer, in that, everybody is a number, nobody matters, nothing is urgent, and NOTHING effective will get done. Completely dysfunctional. Those people don't get it and they will NEVER get it. Quit sending tech support to 3rd world countries. It's cheap and completely ineffective.

In July 2016 I signed up to use Method, an app of Intuits Quickbooks online (QBO), to manage my carpet/tile cleaning business. Method, which is supposed to sync with QBO, updated their computer platform in mid-August which caused my customer data to be severely messed up once it synced with QBO. Invoices were missing names. Some had duplicate names. Some had duplicate mailing address, etc. It was 2 1/2-month nightmare trying to get the data straight as Method blamed QBO and QBO blamed method, neither taking responsibility for the error.

It was important for us to have our data correct in Method so we could use Saasphalt, an app based on the Method platform, that I could fully customize for functionality of my business. In late July 2016, I had an in-depth phone conversation with Matt Raiser, creator of Saasphalt, about the customizations I needed for my business. We weren’t able to start the customizations right away because he told me I needed to get set-up with Method first, which took almost 3 months because of ongoing sync issues with Method and QBO and our errant data.

I explained to Matt I needed him to build a box where I could choose which areas (plural) I was servicing in a customers home. I sent him attachments of what I needed (which he said he couldn’t open), as well as a copy of my paper invoice, which I asked him to make Saasphalt function like my paper invoice. On my invoice it has a rooms/areas column on the far L where I can write in which areas were being serviced. I also asked for duplicate buttons to be able to duplicate estimates, work orders. I was told it would take 2-3 hrs at $150/hr to complete the customizations; however, what he made I can’t even use. He created a dropdown box where only 1 area could be checked at a time. I have an email where he referenced areas (plural) 7 times, but he claims he didn’t know we wanted to mark areas.

I had a 3-way conversation with him and my assistant on Oct 13th 2016 to discuss what could be done to expedite us using his program. He told us in order to choose multiple areas, we needed to use a different screen in his system called Proposals. This was the 1st we had heard of the term Proposals essentially. It’s a fancy word for estimates. We had a great conversation and it seemed like we were all on the same page until that weekend I saw $1050 charged for the useless dropdown box and the 2 duplicate buttons (not $300-$450 as I was quoted). He also told us on the phone my monthly charges would be $140/month for using his company. Turns out it’s $210 as I have to pay for him to have access to my account for the customizations. He has done ZERO work on the account since our conversation. He has ignored more emails than he has answered.

My assistant has asked multiple times for him to not charge for the useless single area dropdown box and asked what it would cost to finish the customizations. No response. We did get an email last week (Nov 7th) that said he noticed problems with our working relationship and his company won’t be able to assist with Method/Saasphalt customizations any longer. I emailed asking specifically what the issues were with our working relationship and he response was I have no interest in rehashing the issues. I literally have not been able to use Saasphalt AT ALL in the past month and as of right now I can’t even print an invoice to mail to a customer, as it comes up blank. He overcharged me, made an error and walked away.

I was charged $1050 for a job I was quoted $300-$450. I was told it would be $140/month. It's $210/month (since switching to Saasphalt). I’ve paid over $1500 for a program since August that I haven’t been able to use AT ALL in the past month and only for a few weeks before my data got messed up. Matt has wasted a tremendous amount of my time and my assistant’s time. I’ve had to take off from work to address these issues with Matt and been losing sleep because of the added stress!

I have tried to get Intuit/QBO to hold their 3rd party apps, Method and Saasphalt, accountable and they said they have no control over what they do. I find this absurd as I have been paying monthly and NOT getting the service I paid for. I’ve repeatedly asked to not be charged until I can actually use the program, but every month I’ve been charged. This past month it was $70 more and I CAN’T EVEN PRINT AN INVOICE, much less create a new one. 3 months of paperwork has been piling up and really interfering with day to day operations of my business and no one cares. Hopefully you can help me!!

Today I received an email from one of the higher-ups at Method who says my account will be terminated Dec 16th. I’ve repeated asked what I’ve done wrong, why I’m being punished, and why I’ve been paying for something that I CANNOT USE and no one has answers. Please help me! I looked online and Intuit has hundreds of complaints against them both. Method and Saasphalt are 3rd party apps of theirs. I find it hard to believe a company that big doesn’t hold their apps accountable for their actions! I have numerous emails backing up my complaint and mistreatment.

I build systems and servers. I have installed QB Pro 2015 and the Accountant version several times on my main invoicing system several times. Some update has slowed their software down to the point I am now looking for a viable replacement accounting package. My invoicing system is an Intel i7 Skylake 6700 system. Running WIN7 64 (other systems in my shop are running versions 8.1 and 10. All 64). 16GB RAM, etc. My processes running are set as about as minimum as I dare. I am also experiencing intermittent "... cannot print another program..., which is BS. There are no other programs running. It is getting so damn slow, I just have to sit and wait and wait. I have now had to write a quick batch file to clear our/rename QBPRINT, but most time I have to reboot either the system or the software.

All my systems had a remove Hard Drive Activity LED mounted on the monitors to verify that the hard drive are processing. The main invoicing system just runs, and runs, and run. Here's what seems to be running for QB Pro: QBW32. EXE 32 at 203,404K (enormous resource hog), qbupdate. exe 32 at 11,936K (Why is an update hogging resources?), splwow6. exe at 5,572K (a Win program for printing 32-bit apps on a 64 system), qbmapi64. exe at 2.664K.

I have been using Quickbooks since 2001. Mainly for writing checks and creating invoices. I upgraded to QB 2014 Premier Pro and started to use it for my real estate business which for me was a bad idea in the history of bad ideas! QB 2014 is not recommended for Windows 10 users! I hired two different pro advisers. The first one charged me $90 per hour and totally screwed up my Quickbooks which required a reinstall of the software! The second adviser gave me instructions on how to reconcile my bank balance and it's still not working and won't return my calls. I am going to use Excel 2016 from now on. I will advise all my Real Estate colleagues to stay away from this product! I have spent $500 for advisers for nothing!!! All is I have now is a hole in my wallet and have to do everything from scratch using Excel! In my opinion the only thing pro advisers are good at is grabbing your money!

I signed up to a subscription at $24.50 per month for Quickbooks Online Australia despite having read several negative reviews to test for myself. Numerous attempts to log on initially denied stating no account exists. I attempted with two emails as one no longer exists. No links online to cancel subscription therefore making this entire process a waste of time. Robert in Sales just said "sorry unable to help as there is nothing he could do." Sent several chat requests which I was then locked out to further contact. Sent an email as well as one to Facebook Messenger. As you can read, my vocabulary is basic & in point format as this is unproductive & certainly a waste of my precious time.

Payroll problems also - I had a payroll issue that they said I could not resolve it myself. They said my accountant had to resolve it and it created $300 in billable hours ON TOP of still paying a monthly fee.

I spent numerous hours today attempting to get my payroll subscription to work. I was given a "service key" that was invalid and customer service was unable to get it corrected. They also refused to refund my payment. I have a close friend that specializes in class action lawsuits and has won extremely large awards against major corporations. I will be contacting her this afternoon since I am certain that I am not the only one affected adversely by this company! BTW that the last person I spoke with who said his name was "Archie" admitted that it was a false name and that there were several others "named Archie". We will be subpoenaing the phone records to find out who I was speaking to.

We have used Quickbooks for mac for years now. The most current update for Quickbooks for MAC does not sync well with the new update for MAC. Quickbooks should be making sure that their updates sync well with any other system. At least once a day, when I'm processing invoices, the stupid Quickbooks system crashes on and I have to completely close Quickbooks and start all over again. Any information that I have processed in the morning is then gone and I have to start all over again.

Right now Quickbooks sucks. They need to fix the damn updates so it works properly. Also, I now have to press control return to go down a line in invoices and can only have 2 lines worth of information in the field or is disappears. If I didn't check the invoice in view before sending it to the customer, they would be super pissed. Quickbooks users spend so much money on all these updates and the actual product. They need to fix the damn thing and stop pissing people off.

I own a small auto repair business. We bought Quickbooks Pro desktop version because we were having some invoice issues with the online version. Upgraded to the desktop version, worked a lot better for 3 months. Then when it came to tax time, couldn't go back to see invoices more a month. Called support. After hrs of holding on the phone they concluded that we need to update to their support package for 300$ some dollars... they wouldn't tell me why their software was having issues. What a scam company. This software is less than 3 months old and no warranty, no support offered until we are on their service plan. Complete waste of money. We will be looking for a new software. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!

Only one person could access the QB program and their computer opened in single-user mode. When that person switched to multi-user, no other users could access QB. Contacted QB support, the tech asked what version of Windows we were using then proceeded to tell me that QB Pro 2014 was not compatible. I told him we had been using it with Windows 10 for months. He tried to get me to upgrade and when I said no, he told me he could fix my issue for a 1-time fee of $300 because we don't have a service contract. I was able to reboot the server that held our QB and that fixed the problem. It was so unprofessional to have him try to upsell me instead of giving me support.

I've been using Quickbooks Premier Warehouse since January. At first, I was enthusiastic, coming from a too 'simple' accounting software (Simply Accounting). Quickbooks presents itself well. If you know a little about accounting, the software is built in a way that you won't be completely lost. But don't let its good looks fool you: Quickbooks 2016 was crashing so often at the beginning, that I ended up having a damaged company file with super slow performances. It's been 45 days, and their customer service (conveniently located offshore) is unable to fix it. They do claim that they will return the files within 48 hours... and yeah: even if it's their buggy software that damaged your file: you will have to purchase support... and it's not cheap! 300$!!!

On top of it, as the updates arrive, they remove functionalities!!! Yes, you read right. When I first created all my products, I could add them in the 'Add/Edit Multiple Items'. I had my excel sheet with products and descriptions and pricing, and I could copy/paste the products into the software... That part worked well! Today, I have to add new products... 300 of them. Guess what? The unilaterally decided that I shall not add more than 15 products at a time. Next line of product I purchase that has 1500 products, I'll be copy pasting 100 times! I AM VERY ANGRY NOW. Oh, and if you plan on running a business that has a lot of skus, such as a auto parts store, or any warehouse distribution business: DO NOT BUY QUICKBOOKS. It allows only a pitiful 14500 products. Seriously considering a class action against them.

I am a Mac user and recently upgraded operating systems - from El Capitan to OS Sierra. I use Quickbooks for my small business and check book - Mac 2014 - only 2 years old. Oops... Shouldn't have done that! Seems that (without warning), OS Sierra is not supported by Mac 2014. Keep in mind that one of the selling points for Quickbooks is guaranteed support for at least 3 years! Long story short - if I wanted to access any of my records, I had to purchase Mac 2016. Yes, they offered a 'special' and it 'only' cost me $149.99 but I feel that my personal information was held for ransom. I had NO choice. Not happy!! Now that I have my records back, I will be considering a change.

The idiot CSR after being explicitly asked to remove 1 entry from my account wiped out days worth of entries and work hours. Her response "I'm sorry." Felix the supervisor said the Quickbooks computers could not undo her royal ** up... Canceled the subscription and got all my money back EXCEPT FOR DAYS OF LOST HOURS SETTING UP MY ACCOUNT AND A YEAR'S WORTH OF DATA. ** unreal! McDonald's employees are smarter than the people they DO NOT train here.

I tried the budgeting upgrade of Quickbooks online with pro plus, it was sub-par so I went to downgrade and they will only let you export to Quickbooks desktop. I have hundreds of recurring transactions though that are auto-charge sales receipts that bill people for their website hosting and maintenance. These would not be exported, and therefore the only way I could downgrade is if I was prepared to manually recreate each of these hundreds of recurring transactions, which I can imagine I would have to call each customer for. So now Quickbooks will be taking an extra $27 a month from me for the rest of my life for features I have no interest in. They don't make it obvious when you upgrade that you will NEVER be able to downgrade, and they don't seem to think this is illegal. Taking $27 a month from someone against their will can't be legal.

This past year we have had several major issues with Quickbooks, most recently, a corrupt data file, which meant we, a international business, was unable to enter any new data into our file. Five business days later, still no resolution and can't get the tech working on my file to call the right ext to speak to me about it. Requested a call from the supervisor because the tech had left for the day, at 11am. Two and a half hours later, I started on yet another epic game of hot potato with their, wrongly named, customer support.

In today's competitive economy I am dumbfounded that a business can keep a customer on hold, bouncing them around from one person to the next for FIVE hours only to say - "sorry you have not been able to use our service/product for 5 days, sorry we keep telling you we will call you back then don't, sorry we can't get your extension right for the third time. But youre not entitled to anything. Sorry about your luck. Feel free to cancel your service. That's your choice." How on earth is this company still in business?

Last night I finished up working on my QuickBooks accounting entries. Today I returned to enter data and then after entering my password, QuickBooks wouldn't open. I call Support (India) and after the tech person connected to my desktop he indicated that the Company file was corrupt. I asked how that could be. He explained it was likely viruses. I haven't had any virus issues. I indicated that the software seemed unstable. He said the only option I had was to pay $499.99 for a one-year tech service. After exclaiming my complete displeasure, finally it seemed I had no choice.

THE IS COMPLETE PREDATORIAL PRACTICES ON THE PART OF INTUIT. After paying up they ran Microsoft malicious software to detect for viruses. When complete it indicated "0 Files" affected. Finally, the tech came back on the line indicating that they took my Company file and repaired it on one of their servers. I asked what was wrong with it. NO ANSWER. I indicated that their virus software detect no such threats, whereas he was certain earlier that the file was corrupted by viruses. NO RESPONSE. THE COMPANY HAS MAJOR BUSINESS PRACTICE ISSUES. It exploits the very customers who have already paid for their software. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS LONG OVER DUE!!

In order to transfer/import my 2009 PRO to my new HP all in one w/ windows 10. I would have to purchase a new version of Quickbooks PRO 2016, Purchase Price $ I really did not have a problem with that, didn't like it too much but conceded that an upgrade might be good! Lo and behold the QB was not done with me! Upgrade could NOT be done, by me or Geek squad, or HP support! Because I would have to purchase additional support/protection plan from Quickbooks starting at $399 up to $2199 plans. In the meantime I could NOT access my own 2009 PRO any longer on new computer! I am now returning program.

Updated 10/28/2016 - After numerous attempts to install 2016 Pro QB with the help of The Geek squad, Hewlett-Packard and the QB customer support! They all were Unable to transfer my customer list, invoices or records from 2009 to 2016 QB Pro 2009 program, from my old computer to my new computer with the new version of QB Pro 2016! Although QB support said they could if I paid an additional $399 dollars for a 3 mo support program. So I returned the new Computer back to Best Buy without incident and full refund. This was purchased 9-28-2016, the program QB Pro 2016 was purchased same time. Best Buy would not refund the QB program, said it had to be returned to QB. I made copy of receipt and mail out Oct 9, I just received a letter from them stating that they will not refund, because THE 60 Day Guarantee is UP! Today is OCT 28, 2016. It's not even 60 days TODAY! This is BS! I want my $199 dollars back!

Running a small business we started out with Quickbooks 18 years ago. We also used the payroll subscription which adds an annual fee on top of the Quickbooks software. It was well worth it. Last year when entering new customers we got an error message that we were "out of items". Bottom line is we had more customer files than Quickbooks Pro would allow. The only two options were to start a new company file with customers from that point on (which would now allow proper data compilations for reporting) or upgrade to Quickbooks Enterprise. I was talked into the Enterprise version by an Inuit advisor. BIG MISTAKE. While there are bells and whistles that I do not use and never will - the only advantage was the addition of "unlimited" items - customers and payroll subscription is included. It cost me $1200.00.

What they do not tell you, and much to my surprise, I got an email stating my "annual subscription" was about to be deducted from my checking account. ANOTHER $1100.00. When I called Intuit I was told that they were sorry that it was not explained to me that the Enterprise software is not "purchased" but rather "subscribed to" and in order to continue using you must pay the fee. On top of that, I was told that if I decided to go another route - everything I have entered into the Enterprise version would be "LOST". This is extortion!!! I was never told this was not a stand alone program but a SUBSCRIPTION that must be paid or you do not operate your business!!! I will be looking for alternatives. Intuit seems to have taken a wrong turn somewhere and their business practices are unscrupulous to say the least.

My company has been a QB user for years. Since the new required upgrade of 2016 we have had nothing but issues. The payment network no longer functions, its new replacement is horrible and is full of errors and when you call tech support they want to charge me for errors that they have created with their new and improved software. I totally understand the contract charge if we were at fault, however; the new version is riddled with problems. These problems seem to pop up at the time where billing and other "normal" things need to be handled or done and then we have to pay them to get access to our new improved upgraded features. It's time to look for another program with less "features" and better customer service.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Profile