1.0/5 (49 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I purchased a Desktop Prop Plus product from Amazon that came with a one year subscription included. I paid for the product (the product comes with a CD). It was mailed to me and I loaded it on the computer. I then didn't use it for a few months and when I tried to, they had canceled my subscription and now wants $540 Plus. They say I never paid for it although I have my receipt and and bank statement to show it cleared. I have spent 5-6 hours on the phone and they refuse to let me use the product I paid for. When I said are you telling me Amazon never paid you for this product, they were very quiet and repeated I'm telling you we were never paid for this. There needs to be a no star option.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Quickbooks lost my data. I had Quickbooks, Small Business, and Accounting on one of two Windows 10 similar computers I bought about 7 years ago. I update both to Windows 10 with QB on one and the other had Quicken, using the original disk. The QB computer crashed, but I had the backup files on the other computer. So I got my QB disk and attempted to load QB on the second computer, but it would not load, saying it needed flash. I called Intuit, they said to call Adobe who said it was QBs software problem and not theirs. I called QB back and their advice was to subscribe for close to 1000 a year and wouldn't confirm that it could read my data. They had no interest in helping fix the problem, but just a constant buy, buy, buy subscription.

Of course, with the original QB and Quicken, you bought the software and you didn't have to upgrade. Now thru some glitch, they have installed, they've, tried to blame Adobe for the sudden failure of the original disk. So, you'll lose your data and they don't promise after the update that you can get it. I've found a new accounting software, and I'm going to cancel my Quicken and transfer the data ASAP. Don't depend on Quick Books Small Business Accounting. You'll lose your data.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Horrible blood sucking organization. Expect them to steal your data then charge you insane prices to access it. You will never be able to transition to new software because they refuse to give your information back. Then they sell your info and make a killing behind your back. Unethical criminal scumbags who could care less about their customers. Count us in on the class action lawsuit!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I have 2020 desktop edition. I purchased payroll addon - they attached it to the 2010 version I had 10 years ago. I tried to get this corrected and was told it was too late to get it for the 2020 version because the 2023 version was out and I'd have to upgrade. Cost? Almost $800 and that didn't include the payroll. We're a small company. That's outrageous! I'm doing all the work on MY computer. Of course online is cheaper - that's the manipulative part. I don't trust them enough to put my employees' SS# online, or my bank account information. So here I am with payroll I can't use (not refunded yet) and no idea how to move forward. Customer service is a joke.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Most Unfriendly Software I ever worked with. Customer Support cannot help - They need support too. Absolutely not customizable. I tried to use the the time for employees, however the QBs will show to your employee your all existing customers instead of only one he supposed to work on. Badly overpriced.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Intuit Quickbooks Payroll online will be written up by business writers as a classic case of taking something that was working (not the best, but still did the job) and making it really bad. In a patently stupid move, Intuit changed the user interface for their online payroll service, ostensibly to align it with Quickbooks, and made it ten times worse.

1. The user interface is not as functional as the prior version. The previous version was not integrated with Quickbooks very tightly but was more functional for payroll purposes.

2. Intuit took the opportunity to raise their prices from ~$40+multiplier for # of employees to $55+higher multiplier for # of employees. Less value, more money.

3. But the decision that takes the cake was the decision to fully outsource their customer support to the Philippines. Used to be that certain hours of the day, you would get US-based support and then during afternoon/evening hours in the US, you would reach their outsourced support center. Now, you always get the outsourced support center. Nothing against outsourced support - if it works.

(a) The lead times for chat/phone support are atrocious. The disclaimer that 'we are experiencing higher call volumes than normal' seems to be used as the default.

(b) the support agents are inadequately trained and mostly provide canned responses. Their protocol for providing support is annoyingly bureaucratic - they have elaborate validation criteria even for simple questions that do not involve private data. They do not seem to have any initiative to solve the customer's problem - if it's not in their script, they do not venture to help. Speaking to a supervisor is out of the question as none is available most of the time. On a recent call, the agent explained that she was working out of home and did not know how to address my question and that she could not locate any available supervisor but she would put in a request for a supervisor to call me back. 48 hours later - I still have not received a call back.

(c) they expect customers to poll the community for support questions. This model has worked well for Intuit TurboTax and even QuickBooks but Intuit seems to be under the illusion that the support model for a paid online service should be the same as that for traditionally licensed software products where the buyer has no support contract or ongoing subscription.

Bottom line - if you are a business that uses QuickBooks, this *might* work for you, especially if you don't need to use their customer support. But if you don't use QuickBooks (I do not), almost any other payroll service would work better. Disclosure: I have been a subscriber to Intuit Payroll since 2015 but am now switching to another service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I'm not sure how/why I ever got tied in w/ QB but it must've been an accountant's fault of some 20 yrs ago. I'm a one man band and I use it for tracking expenses. No payroll, no amortizations, none of the big stuff... I probably use less than 1% of this product's capability and let me tell you... it's miserable. If you use it every day, you become fluent in the product, it may be great but, if you're like me who jumps in on a quarterly basis to update expenses... well, there must be far superior products in the marketplace.

I've just learned that I can't log in to my account because my subscriptions expired... I didn't know I had one! Now they want $500 or so to renew my subscription!!! WHAT???? Plus, it doesn't recognize my existing Chrome operating system and wants to download Chrome... again! How might that affect my existing work? So today's 15 minutes of work has not only gone undone, but I'm now 45 minutes in, trying to make things work. Apparently a basic version of QB is no longer the program and one is required to subscribe... as if I need updates!!!

My accountant takes care of all that. Run for your life! Stay away from QB... it may be for rocket scientists but it's not for the faint of heart. I'm in a real, live hostage situation... I cannot access my ledger until I pay them some $500 or so. I'll have to contact our State's Attorney's office on this one... or the police first??? I've never been so livid.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My account was cancelled by them (I guess it was due to the expired credit card info in the account) and I was not informed with any email and SMS from them before they stopped my account. The worst thing is that I COULD NOT ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT by clicking 'resubscribe' button, and nowhere to update my credit card info! I chatted with them 5+ times, emails back and forth, and called them, each time a different person came up with me, I spent 8+ hours (while my account was stopped for weeks) telling each person the whole story again and again, problem is still there. I do not understand how this easy thing could be so tough for them! I do not understand how they could survive in the market....

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have been using QuickBooks online for my wife's small business for long time now. I think I started in 2015. I started with $99 with Apple app and I have been using same features even now. They started jacking up prices without letting you know. Every year they would charge. At first, it remained $99 and around after they keep increasing it without any communication. Now it has gone to $320 for yearly subscription and that is the most basic plan. Now other companies out there gives this for less than half. I think since you are long-time customer and their monopoly, they don't really care about customers, it's all about bottom lines and revenues. I have switched my plan to monthly and I will be switching over to cheaper alternatives such as Oracle NetSuites or Zoho.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Cancel three times online, called and held until disconnected. Called and the system said no longer a valid number, online chat twice and they just drop you. This is theft and fraud. Once they start taking money they make it Impossible to stop!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information