1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

785 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I haven't been this infuriated by a useless, byzantine, chaotic support system since I left Comcast. I've had a serious technical issue in my QuickBooks Online dashboard for a week now, and each time I attempt to contact support it's a completely different experience, the only common thread being that they fail to fix the problem. First they want you to find the answer on the community support pages, which is understandable except that most of the promising links I click go to "not found" pages. Then you say you want to contact support and they take your number for a callback. Then it says "We couldn't submit your callback. You can try again, or give us a call at." Whole message. No phone number. Try again and again, same message.

Later on I start at the beginning. This time I manage to get someone the phone. And all she knows how to do is all the basic things I've already tried: Clear cache, try a different browser, incognito window. Eventually she gives up and says she'll escalate to some sort of internal tech support and they will be in touch. And I never hear from them again. This company has gotten too big and monopolistic and they can't support their product anymore. Moving to different accounting software is gonna be a major pain but I think it's time to research alternatives.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We are a small business and using Quickbooks Enterprise. We had extremely horrible experience with customer service. In order to recover our password, yesterday we spent 3 hours on the phone but was not able to solve it. We are told that no temporary password can be generated and asked us to wait for 2 to 3 days. It means that we cannot invoice and sell. Even any bank can recover the password the same. The supervisor, Justin, was extremely arrogant. We are going to file a formal complaint to Intuit.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I seen that my QB price was being raised and I asked for details. Agent was confused, then found out I was being charged for a second license even though I only had one employee. We found out this had been happening since 2012. No refund or any type of compensation was offered not even a call back from a manager. I will be going to Consumer protection services in my province Tuesday morning. I have the phone call when the issue was discovered recorded to show nothing was offered to rectify the issue of me being overcharged.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The software is actually pretty good. Easy to use and navigate around. I actually like it. BUT and I say BUT as a WARNING... It's a nightmare with the amount of issues I have with it. So I've been using Quickbooks for 2 years and it started as invoices not arriving in clients email boxes, instead in their spam accounts. Phone call after phone call and the same answer being that I have to tell my customers to tweak their emails to accept Quickbooks not as spam. What a load of crap. So that's been happening forever.

Now the new one. The bank feeds stop. Haven't had a bank feed for 17 days and again phone call after phone call and finally got sent an email to say it's up and working again and I'll have to manually put in the figures as it won't go back and fill in the gaps. And WOW...not really a surprise actually, the damn bank feeds are still not working!!!

Call Myob to find out about their software and if you want to spend in excess of $1200 a year then you can get something similar and have to do a university degree to work out how to use it. So in short we're stuck!!! I hate this software but love it so much but can't afford to go anywhere else because they're all thieving mongrels. Is there a non online version...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Intuit's high employee ratings must be due to the lack of accountability. Our online system has been down for over a week and we are afraid they have lost our data. No one in the company seems to be able to help you. We have been down for a week now and NO ONE at Intuit can even give us the same story about the issue. We have spent many hours each day on the phone talking to various employees who are totally incompetent to deal with complex issues. Instead of fixing the online issue, they send us back and forth to various departments. If the issue is not resolved soon, we are considering legal action. By the way, NO ONE will ever call you back - this seems to be a habit inbreed into their culture. The only person that called me back was from the President's Office answering machine but we are still not up and running with our online account. Think twice before you purchase their products. If I would give them a lower rating than 1, I would do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

BEWARE! You are taking a risk with every transaction processed with Quickbooks payments. Quickbooks does not request enough information to properly and securely authorize transactions. Should the cardholder request a chargeback it will be authorized back to the cardholder stating the card was not present. You will then be out the funds with no way to rebuttal or go after the consumer. This is speaking from experience and having lost thousands of dollars to exactly this. Stick to requesting funds via Paypal or set up an online payment portal with some such as Moneris. These guys request all the proper information to securely authorize a credit card including the 3 digit security code (which Quickbooks does not) and some even us secondary security measures such as Mastercard/Visa SecureCode. Don't lose money like I did.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am a CPA and a QB user since 2006. I use QB for my non-profit client accounting needs. On a quarterly basis I prepare financial reports to included detailed listing of homeowner payments, P&L, Balance Sheet, Bank Recs and detailed transaction listings. Last quarter one of my clients questioned a $900 HOA payment in un-categorized expense which I did not make. A week later the entry vanished. Now IT IS HAPPENING IN ANOTHER SET OF BOOKS... A PHANTOM ENTRY APPEARING AND THEN DISAPPEARING. I AM SO distraught that this is happening with Quickbooks software...it use to be the best accounting software on the market.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've been using Quickbooks and the Intuit supplies since 2005. With each update it's become harder to use and less user friendly! I wish I could just keep using the older QB that work for me and emailing my invoices. The online version is soooo different I just wasted my money buying it. The desktop won't even print my Intuit checks correctly. Guess what. I finally found a number to call so I could talk to someone about my issues and they said it isn't covered. I just bought it 6 months ago. That's ridiculous. False advertising!!! If I can find a another product to do my accounting I'll have no problem leaving Intuit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Hello, this is John **. I took services of Quickbooks premier support - really helpful and faithful. The team of Quickbooks' technical that's very good and take action. So this is appreciable. Quickbooks premier support at toll free number +1-877-521-2086.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have used and liked Quickbooks Pro 2015 since 2015. Recently they began removing functionality from my version so it would basically be unusable in our small business. They have removed the ability for me to email my invoices using the {email} button inside the program. I bought and paid for this software. All they're trying to do is make me sign up for an annual subscription so those greedy punks can make more money. I don't want or need any other functionality. I don't even know how they can change the application that's pre-installed on my PC without my consent or knowledge. I THINK INTUIT IS A BUNCH OF GREEDY SELFISH CROOKS. Sell your shares and switch to some other accounting program to teach them a lesson. I will never buy another Intuit product the rest of my life.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I speak from personal experience. If you are over 50 don't go there. Although they serve many mature business owners the QBO managers are not friendly to the 50ish crowd and you will quickly be frozen out. Under 30 welcome.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I was harassed by Quickbooks employees to purchase the new 2018 version - stating my 2015 version was no longer supported. I finally gave in and bought it from Amazon. I've had nothing but PROBLEMS since updating to 2018. The program freezes constantly. I tried calling support and was on hold forever. Once time I left the phone sitting there to see how long it would take and was on hold for 1 hr 47 min and then was hung up on. When I finally got to a human I was told since I didn't buy the product directly from them they would not give me any tech support. I have used Quickbooks for 20 to 25 years and recommended it to all of my bookkeeping clients. This will END NOW! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS - THEY HAVE BECOME TRASH AND EXPENSIVE TRASH AT THAT!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Needing to work remotely due to our nearing retirement age but owning a company, we were told by the saleswoman the Online version of Quickbooks could do EXACTLY what the Desktop version, (Manufacturing & Wholesale) could do. Considering we are an importer and have delays in receiving our POs, and build assemblies for our product, we decided to make the switch. We soon found out this WAS NOT THE CASE. We had to change our system to parts meaning each product we sell comprised of several parts now had to each be listed on each invoice. So we worked hours setting up reoccurring invoices. Now as we try to reconstruct our imported POs according to what actually came in we have spent over 8 hours explaining to multiple people we can't do it so our inventory is a MESS. Bottom line: don't believe the salespeople -- make them put every word in writing so you can have some recourse. What a mess...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I am not one to make complaints, but this company is an absolute nightmare to work with! Two and a half hours on the phone. There is nothing QUICK about QUICKBOOKS! Transferred 5 times, hung up on twice, having to repeat my situation multiple times to a new consultants and no one seems to know much about this program at all. I highly recommend choosing another service to manage your business needs!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased this product exactly 31 days ago and they will not help with questions about editing vendor information to show an accurate balance for 1099. The customer service rep wants me to buy an addition services when its suppose to be free when I purchase value pack from SAM'S.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We hesitantly bought the "upgrade" to desktop pro 2018, and it will not allow me to install my backup company file from Quickbooks 2008 desktop. I am trying to get a hold of customer support, but there is more than a 45 minute hold time. My time is worth something, even if Intuit/Quickbooks doesn't think so. They obviously don't care about customers enough to have adequate support staff.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Trying to expand our small business we tried out accepting cc payment option attached to customer invoices. Intuit claims it takes 3-5 days for processing with a 2.5% fee. They lied. They hung on to our customer payment, claimed they attempted to contact us by email, then when we FINALLY reached the “correct department” they informed us they would require a copy of business license, THIRTEEN months of bank statements (whhhaat! ), and a credit report before processing our client's payment. When I complain, the guy hung up on me!!! Our client had to cancel payment, wait for funds to reflect on her credit card and 10 days later, was finally ok with mailing us a check. Terrible company!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I used My Time to track 4 days of work and now the file that I saved is empty not to mention almost impossible to get open again. Would only open after several crashes or pop ups leading me in circles.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Not even one star! Quickbooks is the worst online accounting program, take everyone's advice and do not waste your money. I have major issues with Quickbooks as a whole but right now my major issue is the check writing that goes out of alignment every time I print a check. What a waste of ink, paper & time! Forget customer service. 9 times out of 10 they don't have a clue about the program at all. Time to move on to better!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been using Quickbooks on my Mac for years (Desktop version 2015). Several months ago I got an email stating that unless I update and pay a fee, I could no longer download my bank statements. There is no purpose for this ransom. I guess QB is holding us for payment or they won't turn on our program to be able to download statements from our banks. If I did this to my customers, I would be in prison for holding my customers up for ransom. I cannot QB is stooping so low as to do this to their good customers. I am currently looking for other alternatives. I will never recommend Quickbooks to anyone. They are now a very substandard company and their business practices suck. I am sure that their VP got a big raise along with other perks for instituting this ransom business practice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

How is this for customer service: It turns out Quickbooks was billing me every 3 months for support on a recurring basis (where I 'signed up') for one 90 day period. No bill, no receipt. I didn't catch it until now (okay - my bad). I asked for a refund for the two cycles. I was told it is all my fault, and admonished for not catching them sooner, and I am out of luck. Here is where the escalations brought me - this is a quote from an email: "You signed up for the Intuit QuickBooks 90 Day Expert Support Plan last 09-NOV-2017 and you have mentioned that you are not aware that is a recurring charge, the support plan was renewed on 09-FEB-2018. On that date you have the chance to call and reverse the charge, as the customer we have the responsibility also to check our bank statement that comes every single month."

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2018

I contacted the office of the President and they worked with me to get all my issues resolved. They also reduce the rates on my merchant account and sent me a new usb card/chip reader free. Thanks for your help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I recently had an issue that has left me extremely upset with Intuit. I created one account at the beginning of 2018 for my company, I am the only person that knows the account information that was used to set up this account. Back in May 2018 I was contacted regarding a duplicate account that was created using my information. I was asked several questions. The main question being did I create this account. The answer was no. The person from Quickbooks was nice and told me they were going to do some research on their end. He suggested that I may want to file a police report at that time but in no way did he tell me it was required. Fraudulent charges have appeared occasionally on my bank cards through Bank of America, they always resolved the issue and credited the money back to my account. Never had to file a police report.

So I went on assuming this was being handled internally by the Quickbooks team. I get a call on July 26th from some guy in Risk Management, he been there over ten years. He kept giving me his resume. Extremely rude and treated me like a criminal. All he had to do was tell me to get this resolve you need to fill out an affidavit of forgery and file police report. Instead he droned on giving me his resume repeatedly and acted like this was somehow my fault.

I received the Affidavit of Forgery in the mail on Friday, August 10th. Two days after receiving the letter my merchant account was closed. The letter I received states that I have 28 days to resolve, the letter was dated 7/26/2018. 12 days after the date on the letter my account was closed. I was never told my account was going to be shut down. I turned in the Affidavit of Forgery and FBI report via email, I was on hold for 30 minutes and transferred, the whole call took over an hour just to be told that the documents cannot be accepted by email, it has to be sent certified mail. I did nothing wrong, Intuit customer service skills are the worst I have ever experienced. Plus I felt like I was being treated like a criminal.

I am a customer who was doing approximately $10,000/month in credit card transactions through Quickbooks. Because of the way I was treated I am shopping for other accounting solutions. It is a royal pain switching accounting systems but I am so furious about the way I was treated, that I am willing to go through changing systems again. Was not treated like a customer more like a criminal. My merchant account still has not been turned back on. I deal with notarized documents all the time as I am in the construction industry, notarized documents can be emailed. Save yourself a lot of time and frustrations, support has always been slow but dealing with this company is a nightmare.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This site is not be trusted as I can't believe they closed my account like that and my ability to accept payments from customers or clients that I trust. They tried to make it seem like the customers I had were criminals or something just because they sent over a large payment, like let me be the judge of that. I don't like it when sites judge your accounts when you're dealing with a large amount of money. To me it's none of your damn business what kind of money I'm working with or how large it is. What I hate about this is that it delayed the progress in my business. I read a horror story on here of somebody shipping out their item for a large amount and it had nothing to do with the customer. It was because of QuickBooks shutdown their account while they were in the middle of a sale or transaction. That to me is straight criminal activity on QuickBooks' end.

The customer service was lousy as well. Put on hold for such a long-time then I had a lady come on with a bit of an attitude and kind of cold as well. It annoyed me to no end. I felt like hanging up on her. The good thing is QB is not the only processor in town so I can always find another one but this is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with in a long-time. I mean their decision to close my account because of a large amount I was trying to receive is just unbelievable. I definitely recommend staying away from them at all costs. They're not worth your time or service.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I rarely write negative reviews of companies but I felt compelled after today's recent extortion attempt. I took over the management of a business from a deceased relative so I was naive, but I am learning fast to question Intuit at every turn. Quickbooks charges have always seemed to come out of nowhere. First there was the November software fee of $899 for 3 years. Then in February there was the annual payroll subscription for $359.99 (which they reduced when I complained because they automatically charged my account $671 for a plan I didn't need). Then we switched computers and need a download, so they tried to charge me $800 to reinstall the software I had purchased already. Fortunately, my staffer got around it by going to the Intuit website and getting chat support.

Today, an Intuit rep called to tell me that my program was corrupted and wasn't updating, and after a long pitch about corruption of my program and how dire my circumstances were, he told me I'd need to spend either $899 for one year, or over $3000 for lifetime 'data' support. I hung up on him. As it turns out, I had not turned on 'automatic updates' when I switched to the new computer, so he tried to convince me that my program was so corrupted that I needed the support package. All I needed to do was a simple setting change which I found in an Intuit email I had received. BEWARE, this company will try to sell you "DATA SUPPORT" packages you do not need. All you should pay are the software charges (annual or 3 years at a time) and the payroll charges (annual). DO NOT pay anything else.

Original review: July 11, 2018

That is my very first review on ConsumerAffairs however that I can not hold it. Whatever I try to perform online on Quickbooks I receive an error. I try various functionalities (login into the bank accounts, establishing payroll, seeding invoice) and nothing else works!!! Then I contact to 247quickbookshelp.com and then they help me out to resolve each and every error on my accounting software and they provide me learning material for future errors. You can too contact them at their Quickbooks Support 1844-722-6675 and they will resolve all your QuickBooks issues easily. Cheers!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I am being charged by Intuit Quickbooks for payroll services that I have never used or never requested this service. Upon calling today to request an explanation I was on the phone for 2 hours and was bumped to 4 different departments, each time having to go thru all the security questions over and over again speaking to very heavily accented individuals whom I could barely understand and who could barely understand me. I caution anyone who uses Quickbooks online to check your bills very carefully. The customer service is deplorable.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Their customer service is atrocious. Their system is constantly down and not a single rep takes responsibility for their calls. It's always transfer to 27 different people. They will lose the business from my company now but also I will not use any of their products. I have been a TurboTax user for 10 years. The ineptitude I have witnessed from their company shows me they have no integrity.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I purchased QuickBooks Pro 2015 in October of 2015 and in April 2018 I received a critical message when I signed into my desktop QuickBooks Pro that told me I needed to upgrade to QuickBooks 2018 or payroll and online banking would no longer be possible. I don't those services any longer. I was not interested in paying to upgrade, however, when I log into my QuickBooks I am always prompted to upgrade. I called Intuit to have the prompt removed and was told that it can't be removed without the upgrade. Feeling totally trapped into further purchases and would warn anyone considering Intuit products to reconsider!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Client made payment to my company via QuickBooks for a product. The payment was verified and processed for $11,000. We then shipped out the product to the customer. Now 3 days later QuickBooks says because we don't have 11000 in our QuickBooks account consistently they are refunding the $11000 back to the customer. How does this make sense??? As a small business we have payments incoming and outgoing. We have over $40,000 in and out of our QuickBooks account monthly and have had a business account with QuickBooks for several years but recently opened the payments account about a year ago. We are now out $11000 worth of product because it was already shipped. We will never do business with QuickBooks again! Terrible business practices! Lawsuit to come!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I use Quickbooks online and cannot believe how terrible this last update was. My program freezes constantly, certain options randomly go missing, and now printing has become a major hassle. Rather than print right from the program an Acrobat window open up but then everything freezes. A very small nuisance but nuisance nonetheless is that when I choose an item the cursor now jumps to the end of the description rather than the beginning where I put the date. Some of these may sound like ridiculous things to complain about but with the amount of invoicing I do I absolutely need efficiency. Getting help up on frozen screens and taking extra steps to enter the date when I've got 125 invoices that need to be completed in a day is unacceptable.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information