Intuit - Quickbooks

1,246people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Intuit - Quickbooks:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I never write reviews - but felt compelled in this case. I've been a Quickbooks business customer since Quickbooks first started, decades ago. It's a great program and getting better and better. However, many of their new features, some of which are required, don't always install properly and hence, require customer/tech support. That in itself is already a problem but not nearly as big of a problem as their notoriously bad customer service. After more than ten hours sharing my desktop with customer service, many phone calls, and several foibles by Quickbooks representative I have lost the ability to manage my business for almost a month now.

I suggest considering another program. The Quickbooks issues at hand remain unresolved and I am beside myself at the thought of having to call them again. There are good people at Quickbooks who really want to help, but the company protocols get in the way. Many of the employees are not equipped with either training or authority to provide efficient service. Bottom line is: Good People - HORRIBLE SUPPORT.

Quickbooks Pro Screw Job - Just got an email from them telling me my two year old software will not work with the latest Mac operating system upgrade and that my option is to pay them another $150 to upgrade. This is extortion! I am sick and tired of their lack of standing behind the product they sold me. They rely on doing this mid-year so you have no choice but to pay them or re-enter all the data from the current year in a new accounting program.

Every time Apple comes out with a new operating system, the version of Quickbooks for Mac that I have on my Mac stops working. Intuit claims they are improving their software to work with the latest Mac operating system. **!!! My version of Quickbooks Pro 2012 for Mac is just fine for me. I simply use it for a check register, to do invoicing, and keep track of expenses. Now that I have upgraded to MacOS Sierra, Quickbooks Pro 212 will not open. Intuit is FORCING ME, and every other owner of this version of the software, to "upgrade" to Quickbooks for Mac 2016. And, get this, the normal price is $299.95, but they are offering a "discounted" price of $199.95. How do these dirtbags get away with this, year after year after year?

I recently upgraded my Quickbooks from 2008 to 2016 and the new program would not read in the 2008 company file even though their customer service said it would. Do not trust this company. After sending them my company file for them to upgrade, I never heard back from them. I finally fixed it myself by downloading bootleg copies of QB 2010 and 2013 then sequentially upgrading the company file from 08 to 10 to 13 and the next until I got to 2016. 2016 is unbelievably buggy. I really wish that I had stayed with 2008, it was rock solid. The company keeps trying to sell me service plans so they can tell me how to work around their program bugs. I am not going to Pay Them so that I can help them debug their program.

QUICKBOOKS! Don't be fooled, read this to resolve your issue! WHAT A SCAM! I've used QB since 2008, desktop version. With the 2015 version I was forced to use their online as well. Today, I called regarding an error message I kept seeing pertaining to a "sync manager" file missing. Tech told me I had 2 options: pay $399 for 1-time data file fix or $499 for 1-year subscription. What a load of BS. Told me there was a problem with my data, but when I questioned him further as to why the error is referring to a "sync" problem which I don't use anyway and NOT a data error, he cut me off, insisting I only had these two options. I kindly told him to KISS MY A!!

Funny thing is, I went into my files, did a search for the error string, deleted the "sync manager" file and guess what, no more error message. So take that Quickbooks! There should be a class action suit because this is FRAUD plain and simple. How can a company be allowed to tamper with its own software just to cause hardships on subscribers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

For years my company has paid for automatic backups with Intuit. A few weeks ago, our server crashed so I contacted Intuit to help me restore the company from our backup. Intuit and its staff have not been able to find our data! In fact it appears that I have been paying for a vital service that has never been performed! Throughout the years, from time to time I contacted Intuit to ask if there is a way to know if the data backup was working. They always assured me it was. These cheats and liars are going to cost me thousands to rebuild my data. Do not trust this company! Perhaps this has happened to you? Should we all get together and form a class action suit against Intuit? By the way, yes, I contacted their Support. My situation was "elevated." Still no data and no REFUND!

I called in for support on my billing and accounts (I am getting charged for 3 accounts but can only log in to 2 of them and 1 doesn't have my info in it.). I'm now on hold with a 5-10 minute wait time. Not so bad but this is the 5th time I've been rerouted. The one guy I talked to at the "President's Office" said he can't help unless I've had customer service trouble so he sent me on this wild goose chase. Clearly this company cares little about their customer satisfaction.

Intuit is the worst company I've ever dealt with. The support has been hopeless. They have an automatic update process that caused the loss of my data. The tech support puts you on hold and just never come back online. Will somebody please do a Class action lawsuit against this company? They have been allowed to buy out their competition so there are few choices that I know of. It is the worst company you'll ever encounter. If you value your data and time please look for an alternative to QuickBooks Pro.

My tech level is not high, but it is obvious that Intuit QuickBooks offers upgrades with NO EXPLANATION of consequences that appear to reflect a completely new approach to me as a customer. Perhaps it wants to weed out smaller customers, but their actions appear misleading, deceptive and fraudulent. Seeking solutions, I was prompted to SUPPORT whereupon I was offered a fix for the 2016 clickbait upgrade for $1099, and then for $499 and then again for $399.

A second try at support offered a subscription for $299.95 per year including unlimited phone tech support. It's a shakedown by all appearances and I'm forced to abandon ALL accounting data for four insignificant sized entities. Who can possibly know the hundreds of hours invested in loading such data onto Quickbooks? I'm hoping someone with more tech-understanding can ID a class action claim that I'd entertain joining for enjoining the apparent unscrupulous activities of this operation.

I had a corrupt .QBW file and first I tried verify and rebuild data option but it didn't repair my file. I got very late response from the customer care service so I moved for a third-party tool. I have created the copy of my file and tried on that software and it repaired it.

I have been using Quickbooks accounting software since 2009. It's a great resource for billing and accounting. The payroll functions are super simple and the tax and filing reminders are great. The downside is that I have found no CRM to sync with Quickbooks that suits my business. The huge downside to Quickbooks is their merchant account that is built in to their platform. Their fees are near criminal. I switched to another vendor and I pay almost 40% less.

I have just spent 2 days setting up bills to print off 40 checks, why you might ask? Because Quickbooks does not work. Quickbooks refuses to fix its connectivity issues, consequently, no one has access to the program now. Daily, I must reboot 6 times and login 6 times before Quickbooks actually comes up and is somewhat functional. It's cheap but lousy! I truly do not have the time for this so I am looking at new, real accounting software. I would give QB a minus rating if that option was available to me.

Quickbooks is one of the most frustrating companies that I have ever worked with. They have my funds on hold because of a "high risk" transaction (I sent a customer more than one invoice on the same day because they were ordering several custom products, and they paid for those invoices separately. I had no idea that this was considered high-risk). Since that time, which was several weeks ago, I have been trying to submit the necessary documentation to have my funds taken off of hold. Every time I speak with customer service (which takes an average of an hour to get through to anyone) they tell me something different.

The first three times they said that they never received the documentation that I submitted, which I submitted directly through their website, by email, AND over the phone. They said "It will take two business days to review your information and then we will contact you if we need anything else." I have not once been contacted by them, yet every time I call to follow up on the status of my funds, they say, "oh actually can you submit this other document? And it will take an additional two business days for us to review those." They even went as far as contacting two of my customers and asking them if they received the merchandise from me that they paid for. When I asked them why they had done this, they said they did it "as a routine precaution". It is infuriating because it makes me look so unprofessional to my customers, when I have done nothing wrong.

As a small business owner, I can control access to my books and computer. It is a distraction and extra time putting in these Intuit required passwords.

The passwords are a nightmare. Can no longer switch easily between companies. Takes 20 minutes or more to boot up. I hate it.

I use Quickbooks Pro 2016 for my small business. Not the online version, but one one that you buy to install on your computer. They did an update about 2 months ago and required that I set up a password for my account. I did that, but found it annoying and pointless, so today I called them to find out how to remove it. What I was told is that it is REQUIRED by them that I have a password on my own program, on my own computer. What a load of BS! It is time consuming, and too easy for them to somehow update me and lose my password - which just happened to me with Windows 10 causing me hours of heartburn.

Recently used Quickbooks. It has a pretty decent interface. But, you have to be careful not to enter too much data until you are 1000% sure that the account type you have is what you want. They will let you upgrade but not downgrade. Which I think it's a scam. The solution if you decide to downgrade is to export your data to a desktop version of Quickbooks, then close your account, import your data. Oh, best part is they do not offer any support for this. But, they do warn you that data may become corrupt or lost during this transfer. So much fun!!! I get the feeling it's all a sales thing. I would not recommend it as it makes you feel stuck. You pay a monthly fee plus a % for every transaction. At the end you end up paying a lot of money per month...and they don't let you downgrade lol. Moving on to a better service!

The desktop version of Quickbooks for Mac generates an invisible file that limits the number of uses by asking the user to re-register the software. Fortunately, there's a way to simply delete this file which I will explain in the next paragraph. But first, I called customer service as instructed. And after 2 hours it became clear that they never intended to re-register my software. Instead, I was given a carefully scripted set of reasons to pay for the latest program version - including that my files weren't secure and that the operating system is no longer compatible. And this happened with first the service rep, then the tech rep, then the management rep. So this is a case of institutionalized extortion, ill-will, and opportunism on the part of Intuit toward its loyal customers.

On the Mac operating system, the malevolent invisible file can be found this way: in "Finder," use the "Go" dialogue, and "Go to Folder". To see the invisible folder, type "~/Library/Preferences". The file is named "com.intuit.QuickBooks2012.plist" (or the year may differ depending on your software version). Move this file to the trash and then restart Quickbooks.

I am very upset at Intuit. I just upgraded the software because they prompt me each time I log in to do so. After I updated the software it forced me to put in a password in order to use my own software that I purchased. It would not allow me to bypass this screen. I have 3 companies and I am frequently changing back and forth between them and spend too much time re-entering the passwords. I rarely write negative reviews but this is uncalled for. Is there a lawyer out there that can tell me if this is an infringement on user's personal rights to force this on us and have no way to bypass it? I spoke to technical support and they told me "'That's the way it is now!" Please advise me... can you say CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!

I have never written a review like this before, but I am absolutely disgusted by the customer service of this company. We were forced to upgrade, like many others, to the 2016 version. Threatened with not being able to run credit card transactions anymore on the earlier QB version. After installing the new version, we have been having problems emailing invoices (only half the page shows). Turns out that the 2016 version is not compatible with Office 365 products, which we use.

I called support, after running thru all the fixes I could find online (nothing worked). They could help me fix it, for an additional fee! They nickel and dime you to death! We've used the QB program for many years and it used to be a reputable company to work with, but based on my research that has changed. It may be time to change bookkeeping software. If I ran my business like this, I would be out of business. It's well known that the 2016 programs has problems. They need to stand behind their products and make the corrections.

I love the ability to generate invoices through QuickBooks, but if you ever bother with this, make sure you turn off the ability to take payments electronically. I left this enabled and a client used it to pay me. Intuit turned around and held the money until (so far, as nearly a week later I still don't have my funds) I sent them a bank statement showing them that I had received previous payments from this company. I sent them a copy of the invoice. I gave them the personal phone number of the client specifically named on the invoice (notice, NOT the AP department of the client, but the specific contact named on the invoice in the "Thank you" note). I'm not a fan of someone getting between myself and my money after they've already received the money...

I've been running Quickbooks since 2011 without a problem. Upgraded to pro 2015 & it was fine 'til 2 days ago when it upgraded. It asked me to change my password which I did, worked fine that day (running 2 companies). Next day when I tried to log back in, no luck with one of the companies. I tried changing the password myself by logging into their site with my license # & was told it was not valid. Took it right off the software box. Called tech support, after logging into my machine to the check on the status of the program, he said the files were corrupted in one of the companies & he could not change the password! Asked why one would open & the other could not - didn't have an answer, but he could fix it for $600.00. This company in my opinion is ripping people off.

I am trying to forewarn anyone thinking of getting a POS system to avoid Intuit at all costs -- every time your turn around you are forced to upgrade to latest software, buy new hardware, pay for everything!! Software upgrades usually mean less capability than before - hardware is often only good for a short time before needing to "upgrade" again - then you are locked into their merchant services to have integrated capabilities and you can bet you will pay more there as well. What part of any of this is in service to their customer base?? And now they have virtually stopped development of their desktop version and forcing everyone to the cloud and you will love it when you call in and they tell you they are aware of the problem logging on to your company file. That's a load of help for sure!! HATE INTUIT -- DO NOT put yourself through this agony!!!

I have used QuickBooks for over 18 years to date. I was having issues with QuickBooks Pro 2013 so I updated to QuickBooks Pro 2016. All I've had is problems with the program shutting down in the middle of entering of invoices. I have emailed Intuit several times--NO Response! I wouldn't recommend QuickBooks anymore.

Cannot upgrade because the new version has coding problems when loading into my computer. Call tech support and they said I had to pay another $349.00 to correct the problem. This is such a rip off. Stay away from this version.

They only have support available on weekdays during business hours for PST. There is NO SUPPORT on weekends or evenings when a busy business owner tries to get caught up on administration work. If I have to get help am always late to work because of having to get online not before 8:00 CST.

Quickbooks required the security update. One week ago I did this update and I was for 2 days on the phone with them to fix it. I could not sign in to my computer even though I entered a new password as required it was just revolving and going back to sign in screen. On the second day, we finally deleted QB and they reinstalled it on my computer without this update and it was working. Still pestering me, to update because someone has installed a newer version and so on. This week QB updated and I have the same problem again. Why does Intuit not take this update out of circulation if there is a problem with this?

I am on my day 2 waiting for them to work on my file because we cannot just delete and reinstall because it could corrupt the file. No mentioning of this last week. Is that why the program was running sluggish, or are they just telling me a story? I am unable to do any work and anybody trying to run a business knows how important it is to get to your financial reports, write checks and invoice. This is unacceptable who knows how long I will be waiting on QB and there is no one to assist you. I am fed up with Intuit and Quickbooks!

Transferring two of my QuickBooks Desktop company files to QuickBooks in the Cloud files. Quickbooks software controls the process. QuickBooks Cloud bills on a monthly basis for subscriptions and a on use of payroll a payroll fee. After two months I noticed my credit card bill was, I felt, unusually high. Contacted QuickBooks support. They reviewed the charges. Said I had 4 companies. Told them I only had 2. They deleted the 2 ghost companies. I asked if I was then going to receive a refund for the charges that related to these ghost companies on my credit card. They were adamant that the accounting department’s policy was that all charges after 60 days could not be refunded. I restated that these companies were created by them, not by me. They held firm that they could not refund the charges.

Quickbooks collects money from my clients and then holds the money a long time. Good luck trying to get help on the phone from them to retrieve your money from them. Hours and hours, days and days, on the phone and they still have my funds. But they did collect their fees for these payments right away. There is something wrong with them.

New update for QuickBooks 2016 causes lost connection error & file doctor doesn't fix it. July 5, 2016 everything was working fine until the QuickBooks Pro 2016 program badgered me for over a week to install a new version and now I can't get into my company and file doctor doesn't work. When trying to open the company file after I put in the REQUIRED ** password the program gives me the lost connection error and then shuts down. QuickBooks 2016 Pro - Updated the program file and now I'm locked out of my company! As usual QuickBooks doesn't know why I cannot get back into my company file.