Which Payroll Service fits your business?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Intuit - Quickbooks
1.05/5

Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We have been having issues with Quickbooks for months now. It has been saying that invoices for customers are paid when they have not been paid. It is changing matched check to wrong invoices. Overnight it changed which bank account it was linked to and duplicated checks making our accounts off. At the same time, our Quickbooks had an update that changed our ability to see our sales tax. We could not change between Tax Exempted to Sales tax any longer inside of an invoice.

I called Quickbooks and was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours and they were able to fix the bank part, but the sales tax was not able to be fixed. They opened an investigation into the sales tax issues. After two months we starting having the issues with invoice not showing paid like they originally were. When I called and talked to them about it today at the beginning of the conversation it was a problem with QuickBooks. By the end of the conversation, it was something I was doing and they told me I had to go back through EVERY check and invoice and make sure that they were correct. They also said I should pay for Book Keeping Live to have them fix the problem. How can you confidently use Quickbooks when it deletes and adds things on its own?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Quickbooks is the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with! Save your sanity and go with anyone else but QB. We have been dealing with problems for almost 2 years with ZERO resolutions from THEM. We have thousands of transactions in our books that have been duplicated up to 7 times! They offer ZERO compensation for the hundreds of hours that it has taken resolve THEIR problems!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Although Quickbooks is easy to use, there is no security for opening/closing accounts, cost centers or RECORDED TRANSACTIONS! You can change any RECORDED transaction any time you want...this month, next month, next year! Voiding checks - you can only void a check in the period it was cut. YEP. So, if you become aware of check to be voided in 2019 that was cut in 2018, to maintain a proper outstanding check listing, you need to void in the system...in 2018. That requires you to void and then make correcting entries to retained earnings in 2018 and 2019!!! Yes, it affects monthly periods, as well.

Reporting is inadequate and importing data is a fiasco. You need a 3rd party app, no native CSV or Excel import. But the worst is when you have to call customer service!!! It's THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!! Picture Cable to the 10th power. This takes a minimum of hours, sometimes days to get the issue (which they caused in the first place) resolved. Sometimes the license inactivates, or the subscription is cancelled or the Credit Card needs updating, even though you have not made any changes to the account and the credit card is still valid and in fact they just posted the normal charge earlier this month. Save yourself some headaches and look elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I tried using the merchant services to collect a payment for an invoice. My customer paid via credit card. Quickbooks never deposited the funds said that there was a hold on the deposit and that I was to submit requested paperwork which included a purchase contract. I did. I submitted everything that was requested. I never heard back within the timeframe they gave, which was 2 days. I contacted Quickbooks to find out what the status was and they said that my merchant account is closed. (The never informed me of this). They also kept my customer's money!!! They said that the customer needed to call and dispute the charge. They collected money, never deposited it, and now is holding it. This is theft.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

A client tried to get their QBO file converted to desktop and after hours on the phone for multiple days no one ever mentioned the file could be sent to data services to be converted. Now data services won't convert the file because the old accountant canceled the QBO services and their account is now inactive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have been using Quickbooks online since 2017 for my business accounting. I recently noticed double charges from Intuit on my AMEX bill. After researching back to 2017 I found that they have been double charging me for the last 2 1/2 years even though the accounts were identical except for the email I used to set it up. I had previously been on a trial to see if I liked the system but they started billing me after 30 days and I didn't realize that I had set up 2 accounts. I am sure that you could see that I didn't use the other account because there would have been no entries.

When I called QB customer service after over 1 hour on the phone I was only able to get 4 months of refund. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that I was taking a chance that I wouldn't get anything back if the supervisor decided that I shouldn't get anything refunded. My case was clear that I only used one account and that they were double billing me. Any good customer service business would have review the case and seen the charges back to 2017. The amount in question is over 700.00. I am not sure what my next steps should be but 4 months is a fraction of the total amount that was overbilled.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have been using QB for more than 10 years!! But the last 2 years have been such a NIGHTMARE! The system does not work properly, constantly stalls, non-working links and tabs, have not been able to run reports for more than 6 months. They keep BS-ing people by making them think that it is their computer fault or browser. As I have seen in many consumer reviews we know what we are doing. I've been working with this system for years. But ENOUGH!! This is absolutely ridiculous. They keep collecting funds but I will sue because we are paying for faulty service. I hope everyone else jumps on board. I think they are going to BK at this point!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Crappy service ~ they try to handle you through a recording and it's next to impossible to speak to a human being. Couldn't cancel for months. There are no refunds even if you cancel the day the money is taken from your account. Use a different service. There are others that care about their customers. A lost art today, for sure.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I agree with Michael. I purchased QB PRO Desktop 2018 and never used the bank feed feature until now. When I attempted to connect to two banks, I received errors. One of them allowed me to get as far as entering credentials for my bank. The instant I clicked on connect, I received a message stating that my bank wanted me to change my password. I thought that was strange and called the bank to which the responded that they never do that. I called QB and was immediately tried to be sold a service policy of $299 per year, 200 for 3 months and $60 for one instance. I'd be better off purchasing the next upgrade. They said that I still wouldn't have this type of support!

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she has been stalling. I keep being placed on hold and now she is asking questions about my banks. Michael is right. They are not interested in customer service. They have gotten what I call PHAT. They feel that no matter what they do, people will purchase their product. DON'T BUY QUICKBOOKS.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have tried to cancel my subscription for 2 months. They billed in September 2019 and I called to ask why since I called in August and canceled. When they billed in September I called and canceled. I just got a bill in October when they tried to bill against a credit card I no longer use. When I talked with the very rude person I was told I needed to change to a valid credit card and they would take the money. They would not cancel the account until I paid an updated card. And they will NEVER return the payment. I am furious.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information