1.11/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

762 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

I rarely write negative reviews of companies but I felt compelled after today's recent extortion attempt. I took over the management of a business from a deceased relative so I was naive, but I am learning fast to question Intuit at every turn. Quickbooks charges have always seemed to come out of nowhere. First there was the November software fee of $899 for 3 years. Then in February there was the annual payroll subscription for $359.99 (which they reduced when I complained because they automatically charged my account $671 for a plan I didn't need). Then we switched computers and need a download, so they tried to charge me $800 to reinstall the software I had purchased already. Fortunately, my staffer got around it by going to the Intuit website and getting chat support.

Today, an Intuit rep called to tell me that my program was corrupted and wasn't updating, and after a long pitch about corruption of my program and how dire my circumstances were, he told me I'd need to spend either $899 for one year, or over $3000 for lifetime 'data' support. I hung up on him. As it turns out, I had not turned on 'automatic updates' when I switched to the new computer, so he tried to convince me that my program was so corrupted that I needed the support package. All I needed to do was a simple setting change which I found in an Intuit email I had received. BEWARE, this company will try to sell you "DATA SUPPORT" packages you do not need. All you should pay are the software charges (annual or 3 years at a time) and the payroll charges (annual). DO NOT pay anything else.

Original review: July 11, 2018

That is my very first review on ConsumerAffairs however that I can not hold it. Whatever I try to perform online on Quickbooks I receive an error. I try various functionalities (login into the bank accounts, establishing payroll, seeding invoice) and nothing else works!!! Then I contact to 247quickbookshelp.com and then they help me out to resolve each and every error on my accounting software and they provide me learning material for future errors. You can too contact them at their Quickbooks Support 1844-722-6675 and they will resolve all your QuickBooks issues easily. Cheers!!

Intuit - Quickbooks | Reviews • Complaints • Ratings | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 6, 2018

I am being charged by Intuit Quickbooks for payroll services that I have never used or never requested this service. Upon calling today to request an explanation I was on the phone for 2 hours and was bumped to 4 different departments, each time having to go thru all the security questions over and over again speaking to very heavily accented individuals whom I could barely understand and who could barely understand me. I caution anyone who uses Quickbooks online to check your bills very carefully. The customer service is deplorable.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Their customer service is atrocious. Their system is constantly down and not a single rep takes responsibility for their calls. It's always transfer to 27 different people. They will lose the business from my company now but also I will not use any of their products. I have been a TurboTax user for 10 years. The ineptitude I have witnessed from their company shows me they have no integrity.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I purchased QuickBooks Pro 2015 in October of 2015 and in April 2018 I received a critical message when I signed into my desktop QuickBooks Pro that told me I needed to upgrade to QuickBooks 2018 or payroll and online banking would no longer be possible. I don't those services any longer. I was not interested in paying to upgrade, however, when I log into my QuickBooks I am always prompted to upgrade. I called Intuit to have the prompt removed and was told that it can't be removed without the upgrade. Feeling totally trapped into further purchases and would warn anyone considering Intuit products to reconsider!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Client made payment to my company via QuickBooks for a product. The payment was verified and processed for $11,000. We then shipped out the product to the customer. Now 3 days later QuickBooks says because we don't have 11000 in our QuickBooks account consistently they are refunding the $11000 back to the customer. How does this make sense??? As a small business we have payments incoming and outgoing. We have over $40,000 in and out of our QuickBooks account monthly and have had a business account with QuickBooks for several years but recently opened the payments account about a year ago. We are now out $11000 worth of product because it was already shipped. We will never do business with QuickBooks again! Terrible business practices! Lawsuit to come!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I use Quickbooks online and cannot believe how terrible this last update was. My program freezes constantly, certain options randomly go missing, and now printing has become a major hassle. Rather than print right from the program an Acrobat window open up but then everything freezes. A very small nuisance but nuisance nonetheless is that when I choose an item the cursor now jumps to the end of the description rather than the beginning where I put the date. Some of these may sound like ridiculous things to complain about but with the amount of invoicing I do I absolutely need efficiency. Getting help up on frozen screens and taking extra steps to enter the date when I've got 125 invoices that need to be completed in a day is unacceptable.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We recently were forced to upgrade from 12.0 to 18.0 version at a large expense. I use the word forced because we called support on an issue and they said no one will help us until we purchase a new version. Thanks for the notice!! Now that we purchased 18.0 our terminals freeze up and we have gone 2 days with no Q.B. We had our IT dept call Q.B. and we were transferred around and then was put with a "Manager". After over 1 hour on the phone he admitted that 18.0 has major issues since April that they cannot fix. He later said he would call back no later than 1 pm the following day with a patch for us. Well here it is the next day and NO PATCH, No callback, No support. Quickbooks needs to reimburse us for the time we paid our IT person, and for selling a knowingly faulty program. When a customer spends thousands of dollars on Quickbooks products you would think the support dept would be supportive.

Original review: June 19, 2018

On the phone with support of 7 hours, bounced between departments, not one know what they were doing. Trying to resolve Intuit merchant account auto payments deducting payment from customer invoice. Not one person would address the issue. Reported it as a glitch, going on for 4 months. Not a glitch. Quickbooks support is nothing but waste of time. Bring support back to the United States, at least then you can understand right away. They know nothing. Or actually hire folks who are techies and not reading from some checklist of canned answers. As soon As I can find a suitable replacement Quickbooks will be gone. Do not buy it.

Original review: June 17, 2018

In 2013, Quickbooks came out with a feature called Fast Startup. There were no changes except it ran in the background at startup. Essentially, an instance of QB without a visible window. Well, you can actually do that yourselves by adding icons to the start menu. QB removed this feature 4 years later because it cause too many issues like data corruption, slow systems, multi user issues and more... How does everyone feel about that? In addition, if you purchased a 2017 addition... it installed icons from 2013 addition in the startup menu. How's that for cheap tricks?

Original review: June 4, 2018

From last two months their team isn't able to resolve my query No: **. And every time, new idiot comes on call and I have to explain him/her whole new story. Their seniors also don't call back. Because of their banking error 323, my last year book of account is in mess and couldn't do the filing of IT Return...

Original review: June 2, 2018

Forced to purchase an updated version (Quickbooks Pro 2018) which stops everything from working! Forced to wait on hold for support for over 67 minutes with lousy hold music! Why? So they can go spend their time playing with my HARD earned money, while I sit here... Thanks Intuit.

Original review: June 1, 2018

QB has a good product although they don't make a huge effort to keep it updated and to make their product work well for business. Case in point... There is not a freight integration for the newer online versions that existed for the old desktop versions. How hard could this be??? Also, good luck trying to ever speak with someone. I just had to wait an hour for a verification code that they insisted I call and get to complete an upgrade... ridiculous! Hate this company with a passion except they have a decent and uncomplicated product. They could be sooo much better though!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

In September 2017, I started using Quickbooks Merchant Services. I did 3 sales, with two customers: Customer A was for $400 + $ $283.20 = $683.20. Customer B was for $500. On receiving the credit card statement, Customer B did not recognise my company name on his credit card statement, so he disputed the transaction. After I contacted the customer and explained that the transaction was genuine, he apologised and sent me a cheque instead. I explained to INTUIT what had happened. Regardless, as a result of this, INTUIT cancelled my Merchant Services. They said they were holding back $683.20 from Customer A as a deposit, in case this customer disputed the transaction as well. I asked how long they would hold the deposit. Their answer was for at 6-9 months. This would be sufficient time to establish that the customer would not be disputing the transaction.

Fast forward to May 2018. I contacted INTUIT to ask them to pay me my $683.20 ($400 + $283.20). They said they had no record of $283.29 being processed and the $400 was a charge for the account closure. So I was not owed anything. INTUIT basically pocketed my $683.20. They could have told me back in September 2017 that the $283.29 had not been processed. Don't trust these guys!!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Having used Intuit - Quickbooks since the inception of our business in 2011, we have always had issues with upgrading to the newest version each year. However, this year it was far worse. Upon installation of the latest Intuit - Quickbooks Enterprise 18, we were locked out of our own company file. The password which worked flawlessly with the previous version of Quickbooks Enterprise 17 would no longer be accepted. We were forced to do a Password Reset/Recovery, where Intuit emailed us a temporary password. We were very shocked that Intuit took over our company file and locked out EVERY user we had! In essence we were held hostage by a program that we paid over $2,000 for!

If Intuit is able to change our company password remotely what other data do they have access to? Makes you wonder if their system is secure and if they are not harvesting our information for financial gain. Intuit needs to resolve their issues and protect the end user from potential security threats by not allowing the Intuit company file to be accessed remotely EVEN if it is by Intuit itself.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have now for a month and a half spent hours at a time with Quickbooks customer service trying to figure out why my bank statements for specific date ranges cannot be downloaded into my Quickbooks. My qb won't except the qbo format and I have at nausea troubleshot the web connect/direct connect issues with customer service. I have qb pro 2018 and am now more knowledgeable than the Philippines customer service supervisors that are very limited in ability to help.

Quickbooks online support in the US will not help because they say they do not know about the desktop format etc... simply, it's because online services are more profitable for Quickbooks so the desktop users get the cheap overseas customer service. Quickbooks corporate operators will not help in any way at all. A month and a half problem is simply unacceptable and not normal. Conclusion, Quickbooks does not care about my problem and it doesn't even matter why. I have already paid, they have my money and good luck buddy. I hope the higher ups in Quickbooks experience tenfold the frustration in all aspects of their lives that I have had to deal with this low quality Quickbooks experience.

Original review: May 16, 2018

It is rare that I run into a company with a lack of integrity, such as QuickBooks. I have been banging my head against the wall wondering why I continue to receive bills - months after cancelling my account. Today I called customer servicer (the gentleman was wonderful). He verified that when I opened my account via a phone conversation with their sales team, two accounts where opened - under the same name, email address - but different levels. The company has been charging me double and now refuses to refund me for the second account in full. The customer servicer rep stated, "it's our policy to only refund two (2) months, but we're going to give you six (6) of the fifteen (15!) months back. I will not recommend this company to others - for sure!

Original review: May 12, 2018

After purchasing software, they assigned it to a different person with the same name as me. Then I spent hours on the phone trying to get it sorted out. They finally refunded the money and had me buy a new license. Then when I finally got the software working, it was still showing the other business and person on my account. Then I filed transfer of ownership form. They told me to send a copy of my receipt (shouldn't they have that on file?). I did, to the specified address, and they emailed and said I had failed to send the documents requested and closed the case!

It always seems like it is someone from a foreign country at tech help that has a hard time understanding the problem. Yes, two different people can have the same name and have different business names, professions, and even live on opposite sides of the country. I wish I had never heard of Quickbooks! I think the product is ok, but I don't want to pay for someone else's license and then not exist myself in Quickbooks Land. Aaaarrrrgggg!!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have never been so angry with Quickbooks system as I am now. I had desktop 2015 version and was forced to purchase a new version. I never realized the incompatibility and complete difference between the two versions. This transfer occurred towards the end of the first quarter. No payroll information was transferred over; half of my payroll was on the desktop and half was on online. Therefore I am not able to generate quarterly reports to turn into Fed and State. I wasted over 2 hours working with Jasmine tech and Debra supervisor with the only statement that it is my fault for switching in the middle of the the first quarter and should have waited until the quarter completed! Are you kidding me?!

If that is your policy, then Intuit should NEVER have allowed this transfer until the quarter was completed!!! This policy should be made upfront and public! I was also told that it is desktop's problem not online and for me to call them. I KNOW that if I called desktop, they would say it is online's problem. So now I have to go back to my desktop version and enter all the payroll data in order to run my first quarter reports. Really?!!! I also asked for a statement to provide to the IRS and State that my reports are late because I inadvertently made the mistake of transferring into your system which does not support payroll liability payment information!!! I hope my 2 hour session was recorded and will be reviewed because what they told me is unacceptable!!!

Original review: May 3, 2018

This is my first review on Consumer Affairs but I can't hold it to myself. Anything I try to do online on Quickbooks I get an error. I try different functionalities (login to the bank account, setting up payroll, seeding invoice) and nothing works!!! I don't understand how they are charging monthly fees for it. I will have to look for another tool! But save yourself time and look somewhere else!

Original review: May 1, 2018

In the many years I have used Quickbooks, I have seen many ploys to get users to upgrade the software they bought, but this latest one is the worst. At the end of this month Quickbooks will close the door to anyone using their software program who wants to be able to download transactions from their banking institutions. I am an independent contractor and have bought and used many versions of Quickbooks over the years. In the past, Quickbooks would pull their technical support from a product once it had "aged out'. Most experienced users already know how to use their system so don't require technical support, and could keep using their older software.

Now the software developers have decided to "close the door" to certain parts of the software, making it unusable. I didn't buy a subscription to this software, I bought a standalone product. Now I am forced to pay an additional $220 just to make my software work. I download transactions from my bank on a weekly basis to make sure I am capturing all of the online debit purchases made by my clients. Quickbooks is taking away this service which I already paid for and making me buy the entire program again. This is usurious. Quickbooks should be taken to court for its unsavory practices.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I had a problem opening my Quickbooks 2018 Pro this morning although it worked fine last night. I contacted tech support and a tech asked to control my computer and run diagnostics. He determined that my files were corrupt and he can fix them. He explained that I had two choices of tech support plans that I can purchase. The first was for three years/299.00 and a second choice for five years/599... I explained that I did not believe that the problem was caused by me and I wanted them to fix it at No Charge. He explained that he felt that this happened by some sort of upgrades ran on my computer for other programs (which did not happen). I asked if running a backup of good data would help the situation and he assured me that it would not.

I asked if there were other support options and he offered a one time support session for 199.00 (Why was this not offered before?). I called my data backup company which restored the data with no problem. The hard sales and lack of support are very disappointing. I do not believe that there are many other option or I would take my business elsewhere. BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Product didn't download properly and the website says you have 60 day to refund! They harassed me about getting my refund AFTER I shared that the PC (brand new) I was using wouldn't download the software and I was UNABLE TO USE IT TO PREPARE OR FILE TAXES. They suck in so many ways.

Original review: April 18, 2018

In case no one told you (as happened with me), you the customer after cancelling and migrating all of your information offline, have to go back into QBO and cancel your own subscription and payroll plan. Otherwise, they will continue to charge your credit card - even though you've spent hours and hours on the phone with them remoted into your computer migrating all of your info off their website. I don't believe the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. I was told that they would refund all charges because I cancelled within their 60 day limit. Apparently not true - or the one department simply does not know what another department is doing.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I converted from QB desktop to QB online and it has been a nightmare. The customer service team is terrible as they are not knowledgeable about any part of the payroll process. I have spent well over 7 hours on the phone trying to fix errors from the conversion. This is the worst product I have ever purchased. If there is a class action suit against them I will certainly join.

Original review: April 3, 2018

This company had an account opened in my name for 7 years. They charged me $34.90 a month for 7 yrs. They never sent me a statement or email therefore I had no idea about this account. They refused to give me a refund.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I recently processed my first credit card transaction and it was the worse experience I've had in my 19 years of doing business. My main issue is disclosure and transparency of fees and hold policies. When I called into customer service to get help no one had the authority to change or modify the transaction (or that's what they told me) and to me that's a major CSR issue. I use to process with Square, but I thought I would give Intuit a try because of the accounting features connected with the service, but I make a huge mistake. I will be taking my merchant processing business back to Square, which is seamless and simple for small business owners. Also I will be speaking to my attorney about your account set up and disclosure policies/procedures.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Very weak support system. First tier tech support requires asking you multiple questions over about 30 minutes only to get to the bottom line, They will need money to help you as it is not covered under your current plan. The program would not work! What a scam. I wish for a better option. :(

Original review: March 23, 2018

After over 10 hours on the phone in 6 different calls over a period of two weeks with their support departments, I was NOT able to correctly input data using the online version of QBs. It was not a problem uploading from my QBs desktop, it was a "cliche" they had on their end, which they said that they were trying to "fix". Two weeks later, they were still trying to "fix" their cliche. The QBs software is an excellent product but if something minor goes wrong the personnel in their support area is totally incompetent. I have never been subjected to less qualified individuals in over 50 years of business. I would not advise anyone using their online version and stay with the desktop. QBs needs to re-evaluate their service. It is far below average. I have now talked with other business persons using QBs and they all say the same thing. "Good product but poor customer service".

Original review: March 21, 2018

I was a customer with Quickbooks Premier. I went to Costco on 2-25-18 and bought Quickbooks Pro 2018 which came with 1 year of payroll on 2-28-18. I called Quickbooks and cancelled my Premier and was told everything was cancelled. On 3-20-18 Quickbooks took 430.81 out of my checking account so I called them to get a refund. They told me they needed to talk with someone that no longer works for me to be able to cancel the account after I was told last month it was cancelled and they cannot refund my account until they put me as head of the account and that would happen within 24 hours. I called them 26 hours later and they told me it might take up to a week and they still won’t refund my money even though they agree it’s wrong. Then they called me and said they need me to submit the following info before they can remove the person and put me as primary.

• Proof that you're paying for subscription, such as a bank statement that shows the subscription payments, the account number and your name.
• Board Meeting Minutes: We will accept a currently dated board of trustee meeting minutes showing who the newly designated Primary Contact should be.

• Other documentation demonstrating you have been appointed the Primary Contact: This must include identification of the person who has appointed you, proof of the authority of that person to speak for the company and a letter from that person directing us to appoint someone else to be the Primary Contact.

Proof of authority of that person which may be one of the following:
a) Business license (Should indicate the name of the person authorizing your request)
b) State Registration (Should indicate the name of the person authorizing your request)
c) Articles of Incorporation (Should indicate the name of the person authorizing your request)

d) Other legal documents (Should indicate the name of the person authorizing your request)

“Please note: Due to data security requirements, this process may take 3 business days from the date we receive the required documentation. Thus, we urge you to send these required documents as soon as possible.” Include the following information on the email cover sheet: I am trying to run a business and don't have time for all this bull to get my 430.81 back. I feel they are a very unprofessional and unfriendly company to deal with. I have had Quickbooks since 2006 and was going to continue using them but will look for another software after the way I have been treated. I have an escalation number of ** that they gave me which does no good. I would recommend others if you have a choice. Choose a different company than Quickbooks!!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information