Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Intuit - Quickbooks Learn More

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Before subscribing to the service it was asked what was the processing time, to which was stated as 1 day with a higher fee. So ok. Now as payments are coming in, it has been a week without receiving payment. One payment came with an email "Hi MICHAEL, We saw some transactions we need to check out before sending to your bank. We need to make sure everything looks good on our end. That can take a bit of time. So please allow up to 6 business days to see it in your account." Glad to see Quickbooks doesn't have a problem holding payroll that feeds families with 20-30 children, with complete dishonesty, of a process that was going to be completed in 1 day. Why not just be honest in the time it is going to take, so your customers that pay you on time and with honesty can plan for it?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

We have been with Quickbooks for 17 years... Subscriptions are now handled thru the Philippines; it a nightmare. Credit card payments have been declined (supposedly) but when I phoned an old Intuit # from Canada it went thru no problem (nothing wrong with credit card). Next month same problem, they cancelled our account, now charging an extra $12.00 a month (but that payment went thru). Have wasted a least 8 hours on this over past 2 months. Keep being told someone will call but they don't.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Quickbooks needs to start training their employees better. I contacted customer service to help me set up Payment Terms on invoices and the rep said there was no solution to our request. All I needed is to change the terms so the due date falls on the 10th of the following month and he said we could only do it MANUALLY, like change the due date manually on every single invoice!!! I was able to fix the problem myself and the solution was pretty easy. I guess the Rep just wanted to get rid of me instead of helping. This is not the first time it happens with them. Quickbooks customer service is THE WORST of them all... Please, if you are thinking of using this company for your small business, find another company and safe yourself a headache and hours of waiting in line for an agent that may or may not know what he/she is doing....

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have been locked out of my Quick Books payroll account for almost the entire 2 months I have been using it. I receive this error message each time I unsuccessfully log in: It’s not you. It’s us. Something seems to have gone wrong. After countless hours on the phone with representatives they have not resolved the issue that is an obvious glitch in their program. Now, they aren’t even taking phone calls so I have spent countless hours letting someone on to my Quick Books computer screen. I still can’t even use my Quick Books payroll account I paid for. I am still paying for this account. I wish I had never bought the nightmare program.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have used Intuit Quickbooks desktop and Pro Series tax software for 10 years with very few problems. In 2020 I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone with Intuit trying to get technical support for a myriad of problems - most often being an inability to access my programs. Shortly before the July 15th tax deadline I was suddenly locked out of my account. An intuit rep told me I'd need to reset my password. Should be a simple fix, right? Wrong. I spent hours on the phone and waited four days before I was able to access my files. The situation was made more complicated by the fact the rep struggled to speak English.

The pressure of trying to complete projects on time during this process was enormous. On September 5th, I tried to access a client's accounting file from 2019. Again, I was locked out of Quick Books. The QB rep told me that my 2018 accounting software was now inaccessible. I needed to upgrade to 2020 software at a cost of $300.00. (Apparently the 2018 software runs from 2017 to Sept 1st, 2020).

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't access the accounting I had already done! The completed accounting projects I'd had already paid for were being held hostage until I coughed up more money. On principle, I declined to pay QB another dime and ended up redoing my client's accounting using bank statements and Excel! Crazy! I'm not sure what I'll do if I need to access the accounts of my other clients.

Over the course ten years I calculated the amount of money I've spent on Intuit products. The amount is over 40,000.00. Intuit would rather lose a long-time customer than assist them in solving a problem that shouldn't even exist. I'll be looking for new accounting and tax software for 2021. And I'll be sure to check out a lot of reviews beforehand. My advice is, if you are considering using Intuit products for business, proceed with caution.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

No contact phone number for help! No e-mail contact help! Representatives in Philippines if you get a call back! Having billing issues. We discovered last month that we were being double billed for our QuickBooks payroll after we converted over to QuickBooks online. Overpayment came to a total of $1127. I and our accountant had to spend a total of over 5 hours on the phone attempting to get a refund for this overpayment. Finally my accountant got $474 promised back and had to compensate me back another $474 from her small business. The other $237 was lost!

After discovering what the charge being taken out of our bank account by Intuit was, I then attempted to find a phone number to discuss the issue. I was unable to find any contact information on the website or within our QuickBooks online account. My accountant then showed me where online there was contact information. I then had to request a call back. There was no phone number or email to the contact Quickbooks with directly to get help with any issue including billing.

We both then spent at least five hours on the phone with different quick books representatives. These representatives were located in the Philippines and not even in the United States. They made promises of emailing me information of where they had authority To deduct directly from our checking account and failed to send the information. This was two different representatives. I still haven’t gotten this information. Intuit has been getting double payment for our payroll services for 2 1/2 years. The representatives confirmed this information, yet refused to reimburse us for this duplication.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

QUICKBOOKS DT PRO 2020 OVERWROTE BANK INFO/NO SUPPORT. QB 2017 locked us out of importing QBO files prompting us that we needed to upgrade to QB 2020. On install QB 2020 “upgraded” our company file. To our dismay it had changed all bank account id information, account numbers, and routing numbers!!!

So our QBO files still could not import into the existing QB account, and there was no way to edit the erroneous bank information that QB 2020 had overwritten. Tried to reach INTUIT support number provided with the product 1-800-446-8848 each time a robot referred me to HELP within the QB 2020 product and then disconnected me. Tried some INTUIT numbers found online with the same result. We wasted hours and then days reading through QB 2020 HELP menu articles and online blogs but to no avail. After fighting with the new product for over a week we finally discovered that our QBO files would import into a NEW account and then could be cleared in bank feeds.

After clearing bank feeds we merged the OLD and NEW accounts following QB HELP instructions to deactivate bank feeds temporarily for the merge. Now we can’t reactivate bank feeds. QB generates ERROR OLSU1013 WILL NOT CONNECT TO BANK and instructs us to call our bank. Our Wells Fargo software support person was very helpful in resetting our online preferences, and even waited while we restarted and retried to connect in QB. Still the same error!!! At this point our bank support person disclosed that they have some limited QB 2019 support materials, but INTUIT has not shared any QB 2020 support material with the bank. They gave me a QB Pro Desktop support number 1-800-450-8475 and said if I reached a human to please conference Wells Fargo in on the call. WOW. Again a QB robot referred me to HELP within the QB 2020 product and disconnected me.

We have used QB since 2011, but are now considering changing to a different product as this has been a huge disaster with our 2019 business tax filing deadline looming on September15th and absolutely no product support in over two weeks of struggling with a problem QB created. QB 2020 lack of support for end-users and bank providers is appalling! Overwriting our bank information without providing a way for us to correct it is inexcusable! INTUIT should NOT change anyone’s data!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

My check screen balance and my register balance are suddenly different. I Couldn't call in, was in a chat for an hour and they could not tell me anything. Said to sign up for call back, no spot to do that. Issue is still unresolved.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Chase bank no longer supports Internet explorer and hasn't for over a year, yet the newest 2020 QB Pro still has IE set as its default browser, with NO WAY TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER. I spent about 4 hours bouncing between QB and Chase support teams today and found that the QB online support teams in general are not trained to know this, or tell the customer upfront, that this is a major issue. Chase customers have to multi-step-- download from Chase each file, then import each web connect file, into QB. What a colossal pain! Aren't there thousands of Chase customers that QB deals with every day? Why is tech support not trained to tell me this info in the first 5 minutes (vs hours)?

Then I heard the greatest. The QB team is working on updating the default browser to EDGE. OMG, how un-customer friendly can you get? We don't want EDGE any more than we wanted IE. What you can do to please your customers is GIVE US the ability to choose our browser. Fix that now!!! I'm mad Intuit made me upgrade to 2020 and didn't get any more functionality from this new program.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Basically we were FORCED to upgrade to Enterprise, We were told that we were running out of data capacity and that our data would irretrievably be corrupted if we did not migrate to Enterprise. Intuit's bad design and WE have to pay for it!!! And all we got for our trouble was the ability to keep two companies open at a time. The learning curve required to use some of the other features is too steep. Meanwhile, we have had several technical problems which wasted our time and response time appears to be slower than before. And we are paying more than before!! Someone needs to consider legal action against Intuit!!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information