Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: April 13, 2021

Dont get me wrong. QB can be frustrating and at times some reps wont be helpful. I swear if you call in the morning you get better service. Anyway even though there were some redundancies and I did not get the result I was hoping for. Kayla fought for my solution and worked with me through it for over an hour. Most reps wont do that (I know, I call all the time). She understood my problem clearly and pursued multiple different solutions with me to try to help. Eventually we found one.

As a whole Intuit can be a great example of a bloated company that becomes inefficient, but reps like Kayla give me hope that wont always be the case. I realize the reps aren't allowed to do as much, but for the effective reps like Kayla I would highly recommend giving them more power or allowances so they can solve people's issues with even more tools at their disposal. Thank you Kayla 10/10. Upon request I can provide the case # for my issue/call.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I cannot figure out where to start from. 1: On my first call the agent took 7 minutes to pull up my account, and it took 5 minutes for me to make sure she understood what I needed help with. Then she transferred me to CANADA customer support from USA. Remind you this was the receptionist who wasted my 20 minutes. The Canadian support lady purposely gave me incorrect number to dial.

2: On my second call the receptionist kept asking company id and all of the information to keep verifying my account which again was super ridiculous. This agent does not understand my concern and continue to keep trying to understand instead of just forwarding my call to the right department. 3: I honestly think Quickbooks employees are enemies of Quickbooks because anytime I've thought about contacting Quickbooks it's always been like as if I'm speaking to a WALL. 4: ALL I WILL SAY QUICKBOOKS CAN DO LOT BETTER THAN PUTTING CLIENTS ON HOLD FOREVER WITH BARELY ANY KNOWLEDGABLE RECEPTIONISTS!

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Intuit must deliberately hide its customer service number for QuickBooks even if you subscribe to the QuickBooks Accountant series. They clearly don't want anyone speaking to support which typically comes from overseas staff or contractors. They know very little how to answer questions about simple electronic filing issues for 941s, etc., and they hang up the phone without completing the support call. The company wants its customers to use online communities and other support means so they can avoid having to pay staff here in the US. There has to be a better solution with superior customer service to what they provide!

Original review: April 1, 2021

This company is a complete scam. We are a nonprofit and they have over-billed us three times the amount we were set up to pay for almost a year. We were only signed up to pay $25 a month and they have billed us $75 a month for almost a year under fictitious hidden names. Every time we called to request a refund they would credit us then sneak another charge on our bill. We canceled the subscription more than once and they still continued to bill us. We called to request a refund and they declined our request, forcing us to cancel our company card with our bank, dispute the charges, and contact our lawyer. Do not use this company!!!

Original review: March 19, 2021

QB needs a zero star rating. They no longer have customer support. I tried to log in and my password no longer works. I called the purchase phone number and they transferred me to a help tech who did not know the answer and she wanted to transfer me so I could leave a message about my concern because they have an extreme high volume of calls.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Quickbooks is a ripoff. Once you buy their program is when the non stop emails come wanting more and more money to access what you already paid for. Just paid the $500.00 for a one year subscription. Now three months in they want another $200.00 in order for the subscription to work on top of a monthly fee. They will not refund you at all on what you paid upfront even though they can not provided you the service. They have zero customer support. I reached out to them and they only have a sales department. Nothing in the United States at all. It was difficult to even understand the person I was talking to and she had very little information to any of my questions.

The new version that they come out with every year that you have to upgrade into offers nothing more than the last version. Just better customer service according to the sales person. What a joke. If you decide to use their system plan on getting nickeled and dimed to death throughout the year. It is not set up for a small business at all. For a company that has 10 or less employees it will run you at least $1,200.00 a year. You are much better using a payroll company. Truly disappointing.

Original review: March 13, 2021

If I could give this program a 0, I would. It's flakey and full of bugs. The reports are a joke and from a business perspective the reports are useless. We will be switching to a different accounting program at year end (fiscal). I wouldn't recommend this to any business.

Original review: March 10, 2021

As a ProAdvisor and Accountant for 21 years. I am still frustrated with the Online Quickbooks Version. Its shortfalls compared to desktop and Price force my clients to stay away or switch back to desktop.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Early January, I logged into my Quickbooks Desktop for Mac and was told it was "no longer supported". A Quickbooks Sales person promised easy transition to online and "just $25/mo" going forward. Nothing balanced, now what? Talked into a "cleanup" for $500!? They promised to "clean up my books" in the first 30 days and be available for questions specific to my account/issues. Sadly, I bit.

I paid an additional $500, and waited for a live bookkeeper to contact me as promised.... Several days went by, 30 days ticking down... I finally had to get on their FB page and other online methods sharing my results and suddenly "my bookkeeper" called, made a ton more promises. Said I could contact her with questions any time and work would be done within 30 days.... She promised to send a link/request for docs by the end of the day – that came later the next day. I immediately uploaded all requested files AND notes recapping my very simple cleanup requests. Many more promises by QB and their reps I won’t outline here…. In a nutshell, it’s 60 days later and NO WORK IS done.

The ONLY way you can speak with a human is by setting up an appointment online (with availability 5-7 days out). My account/subscriptions showed I was signed up for Basic AND Premium service which my "live bookkeeper" (Stacey) had promised to fix originally, but 6 days before auto billing (month 2!), being billed for 2 plans wasn't resolved.

I messaged Stacey in the "live bookkeeping" portal (only way to contact ANYONE except sales, at QB), but got no return calls or answers from her. Then, I tried to reach their billing dept. and wasted a looong day on endless "chats" with all their reps transferring me in a loop that always ended at the beginning. There is NO customer service to discuss your bill/charges. Gave up, and waited for our "meeting" yesterday; reasoning it was a day before my account would be billed AGAIN for another $200 – BUT QB beat me to the punch and billed my account – 4 DAYS EARLY!?

Stacy couldn’t get her system to work during our scheduled appointment yesterday. She then started asking the SAME preliminary questions about what I needed done, covered in our initial appt. backed up by all my submitted files she couldn't access... She said "I see it's in review".... that's it. She had stated she hears this all day from her clients and is just the person in the middle. She then PROMISED, PROMISED, PROMISED that she'd check into status and call me back without fail by end of the day to "update me" as I kept saying, why should I trust/believe you/Quickbooks: No call back.

Many broken promises, nothing promoted for Quickbooks Online Live Booking right now on tv is being honored. ALL lies and marketing fairy tails. My books are being held hostage with nothing done and no avenues to get a credit on their 100% Guarantee…. I don’t know what to do next except share this anywhere I can find to inform other potential QB clients and urge them not to be suckered like me.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH QUICKBOOKS Online Live Bookkeeping! In 2 months, I've paid $725 for a "cleanup", with nothing done, all claims/promises broken… I can't even reach a customer service rep on the phone. My books are being held hostage. Find a local bookkeeper and let them help you solve your issues at a fraction of a cost!!! One star rating is too good, but I couldn't leave the stars blank. :(

Original review: March 5, 2021

Since Thursday, February 25, 2021 starting at 9:00 AM - I have been trying to get a direct deposit reversal attempt initiated to recover the money from whom INTUIT sent it to. The "paycheck" in question was voided AFTER I spoke with Quickbooks Online Support advising me of what I needed to do to cancel that specific paycheck on 02/23/2021. Intuit went ahead and paid the paycheck in question YES even after advising me how to do it correctly in QuickBooks. I received an email on Thursday, 02-25-2021, stating that we needed to wire that money to Intuit and they froze everything. I called at 9:00 AM and was on the phone until 1:30 P.M. after being hung up on and then transferred through multiple groups. Spoke with a male that gave me false information again stating that he initiated the direct deposit reversal attempt and I would have a response in 5 days.

I called on Monday, March 1, 2021 to follow-up on the status (call it gut instinct) and I was advised by Lottie that the Direct Deposit Reversal was not seen. I had to reiterate the whole story again. Showed her the file I uploaded and where it was uploaded and the case # AGAIN. I asked her to escalate. In the end, I am advised once again that the Reversal request was initiated again and I would have a response by Thursday, March 4th. This after much back & forth stating that it was too late blah blah. And this took me 4.5 hours to be lied to again.

On Thursday, March 4th, I call again to follow up on the status - I am speaking with Vemar. I had to repeat the whole story once again. AGAIN Not seeing the reversal request AGAIN same back and forth as I did on Monday and then I was advised that Vemar followed up with Lottie and was told that Lottie didn't initiate the Direct Deposit Reversal. SO I WAS LIED TO AGAIN! I continued asking for an escalation and I was advised that a supervisor named Sam was to contact me back. NEVER Heard from this supervisor. At 3:48 PM same day I call again. Guess what! Had to repeat the whole story once again and that I was still waiting on a supervisor call back. This time Callie after lots of repeats & holds, stated that the reversal request was found and completed and to contact Risk Mgmt to take hold off.

ON Friday, March 5, 2021, at 9:15 am I reached out to Risk Mgmt the way Callie advised on Quickbooks online Help. I got a call back from Desiree this time. ONCE again I had to repeat the story but this time she saw a rejected reversal request that was submitted YESTERDAY - it was rejected because it was outside of their timeframe for this to be a request. HOW CAN THAT BE WHEN I WAS TOLD IT WAS INITIATED ON FEBRUARY 25TH! I have been asking for an escalation since March 1st when I originally found that I was lied to and nothing was done. This is such poor customer service! AND YES I am screaming it from the hilltops. This is ridiculous!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information