1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

805 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

QuickBooks Online Plus with Enhanced Payroll - As a Quickbooks user of over 15 years, I was looking forward to the Online version as eventually the company I work for would like me to work from Home. However, I have been using the Online version since April and have so many issues. We use Jobber and sync this with QB. Sales Tax does not compute correctly, so I spend at least 4 hours a month finding the errors and calculating our correct Sales Tax Due. Part of this is because Credit balances cannot be applied to future invoices without changing the Invoice dates, which throws Sales Tax off. Payroll is a nightmare! I had to input payroll from January 1, 2018 until our subscription date of 5/9/18. However, QB input it twice.

Now, apparently I only have access to the last 6 months of payroll so I cannot self-audit before then. So a simple matter of Voiding and re-issuing a paycheck before July is out of the question. I just spent 2 days preparing for Year End (W2, SUI, 940/941, etc.) and I printed my reports (Tax/wage summary, Payroll Taxes Paid) only to discover the next day that the amounts were different from the day before. Spent 2 hours on the phone with CS to be told it would take 3-5 days for them to fix it. Fix What? What happened overnight? So now it is year end and I have no data. So frustrating. Am now looking into different software to use.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The most rudest employees I have ever felt with. If I treated my employer’s customers the way they do, I would be without a job. Never helpful and always act like it is such a bother to help. We will be searching other companies to handle our business. I will also make sure to let other companies we deal with on a daily basis about our experience with this awful company. Don’t even get me started on QB online. Definitely not worth the money we spend.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Have used Intuit products for almost 20 years on Mac computers. About 4 years ago switched from desktop version to QB Online, @ $30/mo. Worked fine. Sold my business April 2018. Meanwhile QB Online raised prices, now @ $60/mo. Saw that Intuit had new desktop version QB Desktop for Mac 2019, so bought it for $175 so I could preserve data without monthly payment. Then tried to migrate online data. Cannot do it from a Mac. Their page of instructions says you need a Windows computer running an old legacy system and an old legacy version of Explorer. Then and only then can you export your data in format to import to Mac Desktop version.

Could not find anyone with an old computer I could borrow. So I called Customer Service to take them up on website offer of having their Data Services team do it. After an hour on the phone, the nice lady said that Data Services would call me back in a few minutes. 4 hours later she calls back and says DS will call me within 5 days. 7 days no call. Email Data Services and they say can't start a case except through customer service. So basically I'm stuck with having to pay $60 a month to preserve data that I will not access unless the IRS wants to see it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The company was great company. All changed. No customer service, I have been on phone 1 hour and still holding for help to register the product. All they are after now is money. Their online product is very bad. I will return my Quickbooks for a refund.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Horrible customer service experience. Help desk is useless, they don't know Quickbooks product. Called them but they could not fix the issue. Opened a ticket for high level support over two weeks ago and no call back. The agent said I would receive a call back within 24 hrs. The help desk agent argued with me and could not understand what she was saying, it did not make sense based on my technical background. She indicated that she worked at the help desk for 6 years and she was right and I was wrong... wow. If she was right, how come she could not fix the issue. The product itself is crap... Crashes, fonts are not right in the app under Windows 10, even though it says it is Windows 10 certified... seriously. They need to do more quality assurance testing before releasing a product when it impacts companies. This is not a small home related issue/matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Poor Customer Support. The issues were obviously system but not my local devices, as I have tried more than one device, but got the same error message. The Customer Support still asked me to do different things. After 1-1/2 hours with one support on Friday, I returned on Saturday morning, using the Case No provided on the previous day. The second Customer Support had no ideas what was going, as if no records of my questions on Friday were on file. Then, the second Customer Support ask routine questions, just like the first one, like they were following a guidebook or something. My Accountant recommended ADP, but I gave Intuit a chance because of "ads on internet". I should have listened to my Accountant. Your system wasted my two days of work setting up the system, the those were total wastes!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I called at 3:30 pm to troubleshoot a problem with their direct deposit payroll processing. This was my 4th call in 4 weeks. I was still on the phone with them at 6:30 pm as there were errors on their end of things and not our file. At approximately 6:20 pm while in the middle of sending payroll service data it was stuck at 99% completion. The tech had clicked ok on an error that popped up which is what initiated the processing. When the tech grew quiet I said, "Are you still there?" He said "yes we are almost done". At 6:30 p.m he left the conversation and the process without saying anything. I went to call QB back only to get an automated message saying they were closed and to call back at regular office hours. The processing is still not complete and sitting at 99%.

We are now at a standstill with the system. I'll be calling the BBB as well as an attorney as the tech had me fill out a form that contained my SS# as well as my birthdate for the direct deposit set up right before he bailed on me. I recommend you go with a different company other than QB. They have been getting worse over the years and I've been with them since 2008. I'll be looking for another company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

On Dec 7th I contacted QuickBooks Sales department to purchase QuickBooks online. I currently have QuickBooks online through a third party. I advised the sales rep. I wanted to switch from the third party’s QuickBooks online and go to our own purchased one, but our concern is the historical data transferring. The person said QuickBooks will transfer all the data once system bought, I proceeded to purchase QuickBooks online and full payroll services. Once I was onboarded and did most of the information transfer myself, I was told to contact payroll support for the transfer of payroll reports.

I was assigned to Daphne in payroll. I was told she will have payroll up to run on Dec. 19th. I called before the 19th to finalize I was then assigned to Nicole ** that told me Daphne had done nothing with my account and that data services would have to be involved to do the transfer of historical data. Mrs. ** did get the test transaction done but told me we would not be able to set up the payroll account until the New Year. I asked if the reports from the previous years were transferable, she indicated, "Yes. Call me on the beginning of the year and we will get it all set up."

Today I called in to start the transfer of payroll history. After a discussion with Nicole I was told it cannot be done. I asked to speak with a manager and Shannon claims to be a manager. Got on the phone in an extremely rude tone and stated to me that QuickBooks only cares about current year and current reports and all my historical information was not going to be transferred. I advised I was told in sales, support, and on-boarding that we definitely will get all the reports. Shannon say she is sorry but is not going to be done.

My main concern is firstly I am transferring from QuickBooks online to QuickBooks online and the information is not able to move to my new set up? Secondly, I was told along the way this was indeed possible which lead me to buy the system and now I am being told it cannot? I would like more consideration to my concerns and an explanation as to why it cannot be transferred coming from QuickBooks online. Lastly Shannon in management was extremely rude and condescending when I was the customer. Lied to and she did not take into consideration 2 people in her very department lied straight to me and did not uphold to what they were saying could be done.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have been a customer for 2 years, faithfully paying our fees. Due to an error on their part, we missed a payment. They put our account on HOLD and would DO NOTHING to help us lift that hold. This made us late in paying our employees PLUS we had to do it all manually. On the phone with them for 4 hours to no avail. Buyer beware. Don't waste your precious time or money!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Latest frustration with this company has taken me over the edge and convinced me to cancel my subscription entirely. Quick Breakdown: 1. Client paid me by credit card for services to be rendered based on industry standard pre-payment/lead-time agreement laid out in invoice. 2. QB generates what, in hindsight, seems to have been an automatic email to me stating "Your money is on the way". Prompting me to consider the payment processed, and begin production, sourcing and incurring costs related to manufacturing of goods. 3. Risk management team flagged the payment and refused to transfer the funds to my bank - requesting that I return the funds to customer. 4. Funds were unable to be refunded smoothly because it was a multi-line invoice (product + shipping costs separated) (annoying technical problem to take note of).

5. Annoying side note here: Funds were being converted across USD and CAD currency (I did not choose this, I preferred to keep everything in USD as I hold a USD account specifically for ease of maintaining deposits from US customers. 6. Refund was made for 1st line item after much tooth pulling and contact with customer support. 7. 2nd line item could not be processed... Client annoyed and confused.

8. 3 hours of phone calls with customer support and transfers between US risk department, Merchant Services, Canadian Support, and various departments all denying responsibility for the issue. 9. My strategy now was to request an escalation to a supervisor and wait for them to call me back - because I can't afford to sit on the phone for 3 hours with no progress.

10. Finally it was resolved that due to USD-CAD conversion factors, the initial refund and attempted 2nd refund were not syncing with the actual amount sitting in limbo with the risk department. I am now dealing with a frustrated customer who has to take time out of their lives to confirm that they have been refunded the entire amount, organize a separate payment method. I'm lucky that my client is so trusting in this case. But I will never trust QB with the management of my own or my clients' money in the future. Thanks for nothing QB - you've only frustrated and annoyed me with two years of technical issues, internal support confusion, and a complete lack of concern for my business. My advice is to stay clear of this clumsy software. It promises so much and delivers on next to nothing.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

The representatives answer the phones just to hold you for 1 hour EVERY TIME!!! I probably called 10 times about the same problem but nobody was able to solve it. They will not solve any problems for you. You probably know more than most of the customer representatives. Due to the annoying customer support team, I really don't want to use Quickbooks anymore. How can I trust the company that can't even provide me a simple answer. They don't even know how to transfer to the different team or who to even connect to. I really hope someone develops better software so I could switch to different accounting software.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This software is atrocious. It often uploads some, but not all of my bank transactions, forcing me cross-reference every single transaction with my bank statements. Other times, it uploads transactions more than once. When talking to the support people, I'm simply told there is a glitch and to upload manually - wasting more of my time that I pay them to manage. When I signed up to receive payments via credit card, they began charging my clients for invoices that I had simply started creating and was saving for later! Not even a popup window asking if I was sure I wanted the payment processed. This is quite possibly ILLEGAL. They log me out at random times, even while I'm consistently using it. This software is AWFUL. Switching for 2019!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We signed up for only payroll services a year ago, but every couple of months a new service would be added without our consent. What started at $15 a month for payroll services turned into over a hundred dollars a month for services that were just added on for whatever reason without our consent. I trusted this company, and I shouldn't have at all. If it wasn't for our accountant asking why are we constantly getting charged more and more every other month, INTUIT would have continued adding services on without our consent. Now that we are trying to get our money back that was overcharged for these services that we never consented to, they are saying that they cannot refund us our money back. THIS COMPANY IS A STRAIGHT UP SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We have used QB for more than a decade. I hate the constant changes, but assume it's for the best. When Intuit introduced the ability to download transactions from Chase, I was so happy as we have a lot of data to manage. However, March 2018 Chase was updating their website. Downloading was not available. When the power to download came back, I manually checked correct transactions, but after downloading my files were scrambled back to November of 17. I rebuilt all files after numerous conversations with both Chase and Intuit. I could not get an answer from either corporations. However, I figured it was a fluke. After rebuilding my files, I began to use the download feature again.

In May of 2018 a download from Chase through QB again damaged my files. This time is only damaged files that had not been reconciled. I no longer use this feature for fear of further damage. I had given up wasting my time with Chase and Intuit and let it go. Our subscription was due for renewal. I do not use payroll or many of the features of Enterprise Solutions, so I resent paying thousands to renew software that I do not utilize. My choice - No Choice. I am a hostage. I can not access old files if I do not have an active account. There is no way to buy an older program with updated data. If I go somewhere else, I have to hire somebody to transfer all data.

I talked to a very nice rep from Intuit who told me she would escalate my problem to her superiors. (I have been told this before.) Nobody called but my credit card was charged for another year. If you are considering QB for a small business, you might want to consider a different program. They are so big, they do not care and will not guarantee their product will not cause problems to your files. I am held hostage.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I currently own a desktop version of Quickbooks Enterprise 2017. I bought the software in 2014 for $5,142.00. I bought a two year service plan in 2016 for $2,929.00. The software that I paid for and own is no longer fully functional. Online bill pay no longer works, probably due to some security update. Intuit offers no help or solution. Instead they tell me I need to pay a subscription of $6,930.00 every year in order 'rent' functioning software. Wow. Extracting money from small business, way to go Intuit.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Beware: Quickbooks will work with you to transfer and set up but once you are in then you begin to realize all the warnings from other reviewers. Quickbooks forces updates on devices and takes control or you simply can't use it. Must accept changed terms and conditions to access client information. Terms and conditions may change at any time without any notice. Bully tactics, no manager follow up when requested. No direct number or email available to a supervisor. At the mercy of Intuit staff and my business suffers. Don't get sucked into this farce.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I used QB Intuit for less than a year but found their customer service department not trustable. I canceled my services, was blocked from the account and yet I continued to be billed. When I noticed the charge on my bank statement. The customer service rep insisted that I did not "properly" end my contract, and therefore cannot refund my 5 months fees totaling over $260.00, even though I had no access to the account.

After a long conversation the rep realizing I had no access to the account, I received a $35.00 refunded. I am very disappointed, to have had this negative experience with such a reputable company. "Refund request ** has been approved and will soon be processed. You can expect to see the refund appear on the original payment method used on the original order. Refunds are usually processed within 2-3 weeks, but processing time can vary based on your credit card company. WEB QUICKBOOKS MONTHLY SUBSC SVC FEE (LIMITED USE) 1 $35.00."

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We are a small business that uses QBO for our accounting. We tried the Quickbooks invoice payment service for the first time and that will be the last. Their promotional website talks about receiving payments fast. That is a lie! We had a large payment sent to us using the QBO invoicing. The customer made the electronic transfer and had the money taken out of their bank. The QBO message was that it would be 2-5 days to clear. We were OK with that as banks have a typical hold as well.

On the second day when we called, after one hour on hold we were told that it is standard practice to hold payments for 5 days. WTF!!?? That was not what they advertise. When we called again and spent 45 minutes on hold, we asked them to reverse the payment. They refused. They have money that is rightfully ours and they hold on to it without any prior notice. They usurped our money!! Isn't that illegal??? We have suffered. This is to warn others - DO NOT USE QBO INVOICING!! They STEAL your money and use it for about a week!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Consistently experience problems with company. Unable to update their email and phone records - in new location for 3 years, same email for 6 years, same company name for 5 years - unable to access support AFTER we paid for product upgrade. It is the same story every year and it is highly interruptive.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I attempted to export data from an old accountant into our own desktop system, the data exported poorly and corrupt. After hours on the phone with tech services, I gave up. Asked to cancel the trial service, that they said I needed to buy to get my data from the accountant. The service was never cancelled, 4 VERY LONG phone calls, and repeated promised for credits and to stop recurring, it is now 8 months later, and I still am getting monthly recurring. The bills were on our corporate card, otherwise I would have cancelled the card, major hassle. Two calls of in excess of an hour, to request a cancel, explain that the recurring is being billed on a unused account, absolute nightmare! Scammy, at best, incompetent at the least. I recorded the last two phone calls to the company, in which the last agent put me on an '** you' hold and never came back after a 47 minute around and around conversation.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I haven't been this infuriated by a useless, byzantine, chaotic support system since I left Comcast. I've had a serious technical issue in my QuickBooks Online dashboard for a week now, and each time I attempt to contact support it's a completely different experience, the only common thread being that they fail to fix the problem. First they want you to find the answer on the community support pages, which is understandable except that most of the promising links I click go to "not found" pages. Then you say you want to contact support and they take your number for a callback. Then it says "We couldn't submit your callback. You can try again, or give us a call at." Whole message. No phone number. Try again and again, same message.

Later on I start at the beginning. This time I manage to get someone the phone. And all she knows how to do is all the basic things I've already tried: Clear cache, try a different browser, incognito window. Eventually she gives up and says she'll escalate to some sort of internal tech support and they will be in touch. And I never hear from them again. This company has gotten too big and monopolistic and they can't support their product anymore. Moving to different accounting software is gonna be a major pain but I think it's time to research alternatives.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We are a small business and using Quickbooks Enterprise. We had extremely horrible experience with customer service. In order to recover our password, yesterday we spent 3 hours on the phone but was not able to solve it. We are told that no temporary password can be generated and asked us to wait for 2 to 3 days. It means that we cannot invoice and sell. Even any bank can recover the password the same. The supervisor, Justin, was extremely arrogant. We are going to file a formal complaint to Intuit.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I seen that my QB price was being raised and I asked for details. Agent was confused, then found out I was being charged for a second license even though I only had one employee. We found out this had been happening since 2012. No refund or any type of compensation was offered not even a call back from a manager. I will be going to Consumer protection services in my province Tuesday morning. I have the phone call when the issue was discovered recorded to show nothing was offered to rectify the issue of me being overcharged.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The software is actually pretty good. Easy to use and navigate around. I actually like it. BUT and I say BUT as a WARNING... It's a nightmare with the amount of issues I have with it. So I've been using Quickbooks for 2 years and it started as invoices not arriving in clients email boxes, instead in their spam accounts. Phone call after phone call and the same answer being that I have to tell my customers to tweak their emails to accept Quickbooks not as spam. What a load of crap. So that's been happening forever.

Now the new one. The bank feeds stop. Haven't had a bank feed for 17 days and again phone call after phone call and finally got sent an email to say it's up and working again and I'll have to manually put in the figures as it won't go back and fill in the gaps. And WOW...not really a surprise actually, the damn bank feeds are still not working!!!

Call Myob to find out about their software and if you want to spend in excess of $1200 a year then you can get something similar and have to do a university degree to work out how to use it. So in short we're stuck!!! I hate this software but love it so much but can't afford to go anywhere else because they're all thieving mongrels. Is there a non online version...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Intuit's high employee ratings must be due to the lack of accountability. Our online system has been down for over a week and we are afraid they have lost our data. No one in the company seems to be able to help you. We have been down for a week now and NO ONE at Intuit can even give us the same story about the issue. We have spent many hours each day on the phone talking to various employees who are totally incompetent to deal with complex issues. Instead of fixing the online issue, they send us back and forth to various departments. If the issue is not resolved soon, we are considering legal action. By the way, NO ONE will ever call you back - this seems to be a habit inbreed into their culture. The only person that called me back was from the President's Office answering machine but we are still not up and running with our online account. Think twice before you purchase their products. If I would give them a lower rating than 1, I would do it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

BEWARE! You are taking a risk with every transaction processed with Quickbooks payments. Quickbooks does not request enough information to properly and securely authorize transactions. Should the cardholder request a chargeback it will be authorized back to the cardholder stating the card was not present. You will then be out the funds with no way to rebuttal or go after the consumer. This is speaking from experience and having lost thousands of dollars to exactly this. Stick to requesting funds via Paypal or set up an online payment portal with some such as Moneris. These guys request all the proper information to securely authorize a credit card including the 3 digit security code (which Quickbooks does not) and some even us secondary security measures such as Mastercard/Visa SecureCode. Don't lose money like I did.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am a CPA and a QB user since 2006. I use QB for my non-profit client accounting needs. On a quarterly basis I prepare financial reports to included detailed listing of homeowner payments, P&L, Balance Sheet, Bank Recs and detailed transaction listings. Last quarter one of my clients questioned a $900 HOA payment in un-categorized expense which I did not make. A week later the entry vanished. Now IT IS HAPPENING IN ANOTHER SET OF BOOKS... A PHANTOM ENTRY APPEARING AND THEN DISAPPEARING. I AM SO distraught that this is happening with Quickbooks software...it use to be the best accounting software on the market.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've been using Quickbooks and the Intuit supplies since 2005. With each update it's become harder to use and less user friendly! I wish I could just keep using the older QB that work for me and emailing my invoices. The online version is soooo different I just wasted my money buying it. The desktop won't even print my Intuit checks correctly. Guess what. I finally found a number to call so I could talk to someone about my issues and they said it isn't covered. I just bought it 6 months ago. That's ridiculous. False advertising!!! If I can find a another product to do my accounting I'll have no problem leaving Intuit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Hello, this is John **. I took services of Quickbooks premier support - really helpful and faithful. The team of Quickbooks' technical that's very good and take action. So this is appreciable. Quickbooks premier support at toll free number +1-877-521-2086.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have used and liked Quickbooks Pro 2015 since 2015. Recently they began removing functionality from my version so it would basically be unusable in our small business. They have removed the ability for me to email my invoices using the {email} button inside the program. I bought and paid for this software. All they're trying to do is make me sign up for an annual subscription so those greedy punks can make more money. I don't want or need any other functionality. I don't even know how they can change the application that's pre-installed on my PC without my consent or knowledge. I THINK INTUIT IS A BUNCH OF GREEDY SELFISH CROOKS. Sell your shares and switch to some other accounting program to teach them a lesson. I will never buy another Intuit product the rest of my life.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information