Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (945 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Have used QuickBooks for many years. Never had problems ordering products in the past. Today was a terrible experience. Needed to reorder three different check accounts for address change. Spent over two hours ordering online. Intuit would not allow me to place the order. Called for help and was required to go through the entire order process again on the phone. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Wish there was another option for ordering and bookkeeping.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have a small Nonprofit club. I decided to try QuickBooks. I went online, and ordered the simple package via chat, somehow my email got a typo in it, and it messed up everything. I could not access my account from day 1. After days of calling and trying to get it sorted out and explaining over and over that I had no access to techs, who couldn't seem to comprehend the issue, I requested a refund and cancelation. I then had to apply for a refund being told I was ineligible, even though they have a 60-day money back guarantee, and now I have to wait 60 days for the account I could never access to finally cancel to reorder the product I never received!! 0-10 do NOT recommend.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Super frustrating and irritating! I have called 6 times to cancel my Quickbooks account. Every number I call given on their site is either disconnected or the person on the line can not help you and you get transferred multiple times and still not able to reach department you need. After about 45 minutes each time I have to hang up. You can talk to someone through their chat online, but even after you type and tell them what you’re inquiring about, you get someone who comes on the chat that can’t help you and they transfer you to someone else or give you a number to call or a website to go to which are dead ends also. Their site takes you in circles and redundantly ask you to sign back in. They also have charged my debit card that they have on file that is expired. There are no options under your “manage account” to cancel service or delete your card information.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

30 days into my subscription I canceled. They continued to charge me for over two years! Intuit would not refund the over charges so I guess I’m responsible for their mistake. Over $600.00 in charges. They are criminals!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Quickbooks is the most unprofessional business I have ever worked with, their lack of customer service, and communication is unparalleled. They claim to care about their customers and want them never to feel taken advantage of, however when they decide to "hold and review" a small business' deposits for services already completed they are allowed to hold it for 270 days or make you return it to the vendor while charging you a 3.4%+.25 fee for doing the transaction at their discretion.

On 12/16 we had 3 invoices paid by a customer and quick books decided since the amount was a large one they needed to hold it for review, I understand that banks will hold a large deposit for a couple days to a week if it is a large amount until it clears, however this was not the case. They asked for us to provide 6 months of bank statements, a contract signed by our customer, the customer's billing information, signed invoices, and a questionnaire answered, just to get the deposit that they had already charged us 3 percent to hold in their account. We called many times and tried to chat with an expert also to be told over and over the same thing, we just wanted the transaction reversed so our customer could send us an ACH payment, but we were told they needed to review this further.

Skip ahead 2 weeks we had agreed to just have funds deposited because we were told it was impossible for them to reverse the transaction and agreed to pay the initial 3% fee if they would deposit, and they decide to tell us they are uncomfortable funding this transaction and they would not give a reason even though we have been doing business with them for over 2 years and our customer is completely legitimate. They said our only option was to refund the customer's money through our merchant account and that it would cost us another 6800 dollars to do so, but they may waive that fee for us since they were making us return it, but it was not guaranteed, however they would not return the original 6000 dollar transaction fee that had to stay on our account???? So in essence what they did was take an interest free loan with our 200,00 dollars and hold it in their account for 3 weeks and charge us almost 6000 dollars to do so.

We followed their directions to return the funds and now that transaction is on hold for review in our account, our customer cannot pay us until they see that money in their account but we have completed these jobs over a month ago and who knows when we will get our money paid to us. We were told the case was being escalated to supervisors multiple times and we received no communication on this, we were promised email updates and never heard anything. We had to spend hours every day for weeks on the phone and online chat to try to get answer from these people and ended up no better than when we started, when we finally did get a hold a supervisor he said things like this happen all the time and their company is a joke that does not care about their customers and it is completely unfair, but they don't have the power to help with anything either. JUST RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Don’t purchase Quickbooks! Their customer service is horrendous. I’m looking for another option. They sold me an update and lied to me about needing the update when I really didn’t need it. When contacting them they just hang up. I will never support Intuit or quickbooks ever again and will continue to tell as many people as possible about how bad their service is.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I used Intuit to take credit cards for a small business I had. When I no longer had the business, I tried to close the Intuit account and found it impossible. I tried several times over a couple of years as Intuit continued to charge me $20 a month service fee. After the last attempt, I finally had to have my bank stop paying the fee for which I'll be charged. Intuit wants your business but doesn't let you out.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

We've use Quick Books software in our small business since the late 80's. We've had the same merchant services account linked to the same bank account for some 20 years. Recently we had a charge back due to a customer not paying attention and recognizing our corporate name. Intuit did not inform us and simply took $2000+ out of our bank account. I've been trying to clean up the mess for some three+ weeks and finally threw in the towel with a phone call to our bank thereby blocking Intuits access to the account.

When we'd call and give our merchant account number they would say that it was incorrect and needed to start with a 5 while ours started with a 4. Finally someone clued in that our account was the oldest ongoing one that he'd seen. Then we get into account information that was current for address but over seventeen years out of date for telephone number and email address even though every two years we have to renew our license. We were finally told that the older merchant service accounts had to be updated a different way which needed to go through our telephone number that we had at the origination of the service! Seriously?!! We had no record of that account and fortunately our bank did when an account was opened in 2001. The number was discontinued when we moved the business in 2004.

So to update our account information we had to contact the old phone company and have that number reinstated and forwarded to our current number so Intuit could give us an authorization code. Simply stated... don't use these guys! It astounds me how they treat a customer that has been with them for over three decades! The arrogance and ignorance is stunning!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Our company has used the desktop version for years, we recently switched to the online version due to us getting a new program that is supposed to sync to the online version and making billings easier for us. Well, it's now been almost 3 months, and we are still unable to sign up for our payroll module and therefore cannot issue our employee's payroll. We have spent multiple days a week on the phone with QuickBooks. In fact, the other week I, called every single day. Please tell me how it is possible that a company this size is taking 3+ months to resolve what they keep saying is an engineering issue, and that is why we cannot set up the payroll. I have been through 11 agents and spent countless hours on hold. When I called today, all the managers are magically in a meeting and unable to speak with me. We are now looking to move to a new accounting software.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I closed one QB online account and have opened another (for my current business). Doing that required more than a half hour of conversation on the phone with a "customer service" representative who kept repeating the same things over and over. She finally said she had confirmed the closure of one account and was emailing me a link to set a password for the new account. The link took me to the old, now-closed, account. Now I have called again, gone through multiple options, only to get a message saying there's a tech issue and no one can take my call. This is not the first time I've had this sort of problem. I wish I could bill Intuit for the time I spend trying to resolve these problems. Can anyone recommend a more user-friendly online service? (And can Intuit change its name, because its Quickbooks site isn't "intuitive.")

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information