Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (840 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I have used Quickbooks desktop for years and never really had issues. Online I have trouble running reports, writing checks, credits being automatically applied, and I don't have time to deal with workarounds because I am running a business. I purchased a new desktop version to transfer to and I am now paying for Online, desktop and IT support because no one from Quickbooks can seem to help us transfer the data. I am incredibly pissed, and this is affecting my ability to do business.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I am an accountant who has been dealing with Intuit all of the 2000s. When I started with them, I had the feeling that they were concerned about me and its consumers. Intuit had a lot of integrity in dealing with us. In the last 10 years or so, I have noticed that their sales reps have become downright dishonest, trying to upgrade customers to products that they did not need- products that cost A LOT more money. This would have been anathema to the Intuit of old.

Now, they're on to the subscription model, which allows for them to bill us every month or every year. It used to be that we only had to buy from them every 3 years, and before that, if we didn't use payroll, we didn't have to pay them at all. And so for the rest of eternity, we got to keep and access our data. And now, if your subscription lapses, you can forget about your data, it is gone forever.

Their prices have gone up too. I have an QB Enterprise client that pays OVER $6,000 per year for 11 users, plus a payroll subscription. I can remember when it was $1,200 per year for 20 users. I want Intuit to earn whatever they need to provide a good, effective product, but now, when you deal with them, you get the feeling they want every nickel in your pocket. I am looking for an HONEST alternative to Intuit QuickBooks.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Over the last month+ my customers are having issues with duplicate payments. They get an error from QuickBooks saying "payment failed" so they obviously submit the payment again. Both payments get processed. I get charged both fees through quickbooks. Then I need to write personal checks to the customers to refund them but I'm still getting charged the fees. I've called and spent hours with customer non-support. They tell me I should "tell your customers if they get an error message to call you with the error code". Are you kidding me?? I need to warn my customers that the system I'm using to process credit cards is faulty? Ridiculous.

When I try to get refunded they can "only refund once a year due to merchant errors". If the system didn't screw up I wouldn't need any refunds. I'm not sure how I can be charged and not refunded for their software's errors. It's hard enough for a small business but even harder when a large company like Intuit is stealing your hard earned money.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

They do not deserve 1 star. This service is a fraud. They keep your money way past verification. You can not get a straight answer from any of the so called customer service support personnel. No one that works for this company has an honest bone in their bodies. This is the worst mistake I have made for my company. The supervisors are even more appalling than the CSRs. I gave feedback and someone from this God awful company basically called me an idiot based on the fact that I told them their service is less than substandard. You can not get an accurate account balance from them or the ridiculous app they have. Then these less than intelligent CSRs tell you to call a number that clearly tells you you can not get ANY account information on this call. Why is that number on the back of the card?

On top of that the app does not update in real time. You don’t know how much is in your account. You would have to call Green Dot to get that information. Save yourself some money and time. Don’t lose business because of this money hungry, fraudulent, no accountability having sorry excuse for a business. If you have gotten mixed up with them I’m sorry and contact the Better Business Bureau. Myself will be call every news station I can think of to alert their consumer service reporting department of this fraudulent company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Absolutely useless and unfair! I lost two new clients because of it! The transactions take 8 days to clear off, always something in review. Nobody ever explained to me why it takes so long, even though my account shows 1 business day for deposit. Representative keep lying to me and changing the story when I caught them on a lie. First they said that delays are because of ACH processing and this is a lie!!! It shows in account details that deposits for bank transfers are 1 business day. Then, they came up with another story that my customer's bank had troubles on their end, so I caught them lying again! My partner has some of the same clients and payment methods and it takes her 1 Business day to get her money.

Afterwards, they said that the delays were because of them trying to protect me. This is a total lie!!! They just apply a selective judgement on my business and me! Now, I am in trouble because my new clients can not have their services done and want a refund. I can't even issue them a refund because I didn't even receive the money from Intuit. I signed up for Intuit because of a 1 day deposit and now it's an 8 days deposit. They even refuse to issue a refund for membership fees I paid!!! It's a fraud!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We have used Quickbooks since 1999. We had a problem with checkbook reconciliation. Quickbooks previously provided reconciliation support which we have a subscription for but they no longer do. No reduction in cost of support. We tried 5 times to send a copy of our files to our accountant to help us, following all steps, but system would not work. We contacted support, and after 45 minutes of attempts with screen sharing support with the Quickbooks technician, we were put on hold for 15 minutes for the technician to check with her support or back end.

When she returned, she told us to do a file rebuild due to file corruption, and resend. We did so which resulted in failure. She put us on hold for another 15 minutes to check with her support. When she got back on the phone she told us that there was a problem with the Quickbooks system, not our files or computer, and their engineers were working on it, it would be resolved in 24 hours and she or Intuit would send us notice of system repair. It has now been over 36 hours and no notice was sent by Intuit, and we still cannot send our accountant a copy. Just another example of false information from the worst company and the worst customer service training.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Called to get help setting up payments on a workstation from Quickbooks merchant services. Had to give the same information to three different parties before getting to John who said he was from merchant services who asked the same question again. When I asked him why I had to keep repeating this, he hung up on me.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Choosing QB to do my company accounting has been the worst decision I have made for my company. This company has the most horrific customer support you could ever imagine. You can contact no one by phone, their text support basically has 1 hot-button setup to say: Your issue has been escalated.... 7 weeks my deposits have been on hold while they try to "verify me". I contacted a different company this morning, and I'm already verified and ready to go.... DO NOT get QB, if you value your time or your business.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

It worked well the first few days while I spent hours setting it up, after about two weeks I started having issues logging in. Finally a month in, they deactivated my account while still billing me, after hours with their customer service chat they refused to reactivate it or to give me a refund, “because it is way after my billing date.” Mind you, I contacted them 4 days after my billing date because I still couldn't log in. Their customer service is horrible. They actually invited me to re-sign up. After it took about 5 hours to set up. They are absolutely terrible. Stay away and go with a company that actually cares about your business so that together we are equally successful.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

1st off never have any important applications installed on a Friday that has to due with Banking. We had the newest version of Quickbooks point of sale 19, which we thought was an upgrade (since we have been using it since 2006) installed on a Friday morning in July 16th 2021. The system turned out to be faulty which means every credit card transaction that was taken from Friday- Tuesday did not go through. It looked like all was fine on our end but come Monday when we would get our deposits and batches nothing was there. Being uninformed, we thought it just needed a little more time since it was a new system so we gave it one more day. WE LOST ALL SALES AND MERCHANDISE FOR 4 DAYS! We are a small mom and pop business so you can imagine what this has done to our bottom line. Quickbooks wont even talk to us. Please think more than twice before using a company with no accountability!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information