Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit - Quickbooks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Which Payroll Service fits your business?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Which Payroll Service fits your business?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I can't believe this even happened. I called QuickBooks with a problem I couldn't print forms and reports. After a few minutes they said, "We cant fix the issue," and transferred me over to another department. They stated I had some corrupt files and it will cost me $1,400.00 to fix the issue. Or I could pay $1,700 for a year of support. I had no other option but to pay the ransom. They are a total rip off. I have been a QuickBooks customer for over 30 years and will be looking for a alternative. No way to treat a customer they are truly a greed based company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Intuit told me today that they would not honor the enhanced payroll disk that I purchased for 2019. The paperwork inside the package says that you must install the payroll within 60 days of the Desktop software that was installed on 12/20/20 on a new computer and the payroll number weren't being recognized so I had to call in. 47 minutes today and 26 minutes on 1/13/20 to finally get through to be told that the Quickbooks Software year is determining the payroll period and even though I'm installing 2019 for the first time on 12/20/19 the year that I'm entitled to won't be honored. Last year the fee for enhanced payroll was $414.00 so I asked to at least get a credit for the new bill coming due on 2/5/2020. Nope, there was nothing they could/would do. This is so frustrating as we've used this software for 30 years. Intuit just has no customer loyalty.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I don't believe I have ever encountered customer service worse than what Intuit provides. Intuit has decided on a business strategy to put customer service at the bottommost priority. Therefore, they only have a few customer service people on staff. Wait times of an hour or more are common. Worse, the phone tree you interact with before being put on hold is purely dysfunctional, such that after waiting an hour, you will almost invariably be connected to the wrong department. Fortunately, internal transfers do not take a full hour. They take about 20 minutes. If you're lucky, you could be done with your call in 1:20. If you're not lucky, they'll have to transfer you repeatedly. In short, Intuit is an awful company in almost every way. The only reason they're still in business is because most people still use QuickBooks. So do your part: stop using Quickbooks to put this awful organization out of its misery. We decided to do that today based on this phone call.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Could not access my Quickbooks for days. Followed suggestions of arrogant Tech Support to Delete Account. Tech refused to assist with re-install of 2019 Desktop Quickbooks for MAC. Complaints to top management have gone without response.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I just started using Intuit payroll in September 2019, about 4 months ago. I received a notice from the IRS stating that my companies Q3 taxes were not paid. So, I started searching for help through Quickbooks. Luckily I was able to get an email address to scan and send the notification to and I would be contacted. I scanned the document and sent it like I was supposed to. The reply, which I am sure was automated, was very dry and unfriendly and one of the first things that was pointed out was there was a $50 fee for this help, mind you I pay $120 a month to process 5 employees payroll.

Since there was no way to respond, I did what the automated email told me to, waited. Today I received the response. I can define is as callous and very cold feeling but of course it, in bold print, said they are taking $50 out of my account for this help. STAY AWAY from Intuit for your payroll needs. The monthly fee is ridiculous and there is an additional fee for everything. One would think the monthly fee would also cover tax issues and help there, but they don't. If it is not strictly a payroll item, you will be charged. I wish I has read the reviews before I switched. Since it is the beginning of a new year I will be canceling Intuit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Used software for several months, seemed decent enough until..I needed support! I resisted using their payment invoicing yet thought I'd try it. Got all set up, sent invoices out prior to Christmas (knowing if I wanted to get paid before the holidays they had to go out!). Well, client tried to pay and couldn't. There was an error (outside of their FAQ or troubleshooting tips) it required internal support. Lol, yeah, support? That didn't come. I've waited over 2 weeks for help. Zero communication other than my own follow ups asking for status. Zero status updates.

Bottom line: I did not get paid before or still from clients as their pmt system won't process client payments and support won't fix it. You call this business software? I'll go broke using it. I cancelled today and went to Freshbooks. In less than 30 mins I'm all set up, accounts all balanced, invoicing and banking integration and payment processing all done and ready to roll. That's what real business software should be like. Use Intuit at your own risk and time sucking waste.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Unable to update account contact information online or from within the application and I pay an annual subscription that includes upgrades to latest version of the software and customer support. Have not received the software update. First - online support drives you to the community forums, but with persistence can get an online chat. Waited 30 minutes for assistance in online chat.

Next - tried online chat again from within the application and someone responded quickly and transferred me to another party - turns out they transferred me to sales who couldn't help me, but they provided a phone number for support. Then - Navigating through the maze of computer generated phone support, was told by the computer generated voice that I should hang up and obtain support online, but if you don't hang up, they do ask additional information and tell you it will be a 55 minute wait to talk to an agent. Folks - not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have been a QuickBooks user for many years and as a CPA, I have also recommended QuickBooks to my clients. Over the past year, I have grown increasingly frustrated especially with the support team. I have had a couple of client payroll issues in the last couple of weeks and the support has been the worst I have ever seen. The first time I was kept on hold for 3 hours and 28 minutes only to find out that it takes engineers to change a date. The second time I was on hold for 2 hours and 14 minutes and nothing was resolved.

My issues have been basic - nothing complicated but what I believe is happening is that Quickbooks is putting completely unqualified people as a first line support. What that tells me is that they do not care about my time and keeping me on hold for 5+ hours is no big deal. There is no place to call or write to voice concerns (I have asked) other than here. I told the person that I spoke with that going forward, I will no longer recommend QB Payroll to any of my clients. I will start using an alternative. It is not worth the money they charge and the frustrations. It's not rocket science for heaven's sake!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I utilized Intuit to process a few vendor invoices (we run a marketing agency). 12 days after the payment, the funds are not yet released. On day 6, after multiple calls with Intuit customer service that ranged from speaking with an agent to a manager (1-2 hour calls each), misinformation given by the agents, I was asked to delete my original payment account and set up new ones. The first time, the set up process they guided me on via their video app was wrong, so I created the wrong account per their direction, then had to get rerouted to another customer service agent to create the correct account.

It wasn't until Day 8 that I got an email from Intuit saying my vendor payment still wouldn't deposit, so I had to call them again, this time they asked a series of "knowing our customers business" questions which basically prys into how my business invoice is completed - 1 hour on the call later, still no resolution. It's been 12 days now and my funds are still nowhere to be seen. I"ll likely have to call them again. How can a publicly traded company be so so poor in their customer service and have such poor automated email systems sending out wrong information, and not proper internal payment release systems? This is baffling and I will be filing a lawsuit.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Beware, there is no customer support whatsoever when purchasing Quickbooks for desktop Mac, Zero. Just spent all this money on upgrading to 2020 and have tried to call help line many times and it just loops to people who cant speak English or don't know the software and keep me hold forever so they don't have to help. Awful, awful, awful. Nothing but weird robots, mechanical voices. long waits and weird robot music. They want all your personal information in the meantime,

Do not buy Quickbooks.

Not sure about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Payroll Services for you.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information