3.6/5 (681 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Intuit - Quickbooks

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: June 7, 2022

Quickbooks decided to not support their 2019 version. Your choice was a monthly fee, up to $300 a year to be able to use certain features in Quickbooks, such as emailing invoices to customers. They took that feature away when the support ended and you can no longer do that. That is not right. They are now forcing you to upgrade if you want to have that feature, even though I purchased the software and have a CD. They hold you hostage. When I called customer service, he just stopped talking. He wouldn't answer. I could hear other people in the background. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he hung up. Their customer service is deplorable.

Original review: May 26, 2022

My computer was heck during the pandemic! I lost my files on my computer. But they are in the cloud! Or the hard disk. I called many times, got transferred to many departments and talked to many people. They even got on my computer. It could not get my files back to my computer! Finally they told me I had to pay to have an advisor to get on my computer to help me open the file so I could see it. But never could continue the work!

They don’t tell you that every time you open a file the new file takes over the other file! So if you open up a file that has nothing in it, it wipe out the old file’s information! What kind of program is it? And You can’t change the name of the file! The file comes with its own long line of numbers! Can’t do anything to distinguish the files! It wasted me months of my time!

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2022

So I worked for a company. They released funds using Quickbooks direct deposit to my bank, except no money was released. Company was given a worthless confirmation number used by Quickbooks. My bank asked for a Trace Number, Quickbooks provided my company with that, no money found. Waited two weeks, got a different trace number, no money found, account numbers, routing numbers, names all confirmed multiple times. The company had the money removed from their account, but it never got to mine, where's the money? Called QuickBooks. They have at least 10 departments that don't know who to contact so spent 6 hours finding who to speak with. They used their confirmation number to find nothing. And asked that the company call them, run-around, They are thieves and told my company to have the regulators conduct an investigation on them cause apparently this is not uncommon for this company.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I literally am a verified business on Quickbooks and my employer is also a verified business. I get direct deposits from my boss and I take 10% of that money and move into Quickbooks for tax money storage for the end of the year. They literally froze my account and have taken over $500 bucks from me holding it for 270 business days. In the which I have to go to the state and apply to get my money back. This is a fraud company stealing people's money man. I will be speaking to a lawyer to sue.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Customer support doesn't exist, they hire people to follow scripts with no way to escalate, and no real experience with the product. The support staff mislead and misrepresent how they can help, even lying about opening a case. If you use Intuit products to run your company, prepare to pay lots of extras for fines and issues that will never be resolved, even with their so-called platinum level support.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Turbotax is not really a reliable site to use to file your income tax, my husband and I filed our income tax return for free. We end up paying $ 137.95, we are a New York residents, we received our refund from Fresno, CA 93888-0025 with a cutting of $3,289.00, and send us a refund of $1,306.00. When you filed with Turbotax you have all of your information in their system, anyone can steal or redo your return because they know their system. Until now We don't know anything about our return even IRS doesn't have any information about it. We've been calling them with no answer, we need HELP WITH TURBOTAX, please be careful don't be a victim of them also. My husband called a lot of attorneys' offices. They cannot help us. The more offices Turbotax has, the more online victims they have. Please someone needs to put a stop to them.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Been a QuickBooks user for a long time (since I started in business) and went with the online QuickBooks since I am mobile. Everything was good until I tried to cancel service. I set up this account with auto pay in the beginning to keep from any interruptions in the service. I called back in Nov. to cancel, took almost 2 hrs. Transferring from one dpt. To another, finally the rep told me it was all done.

Jan. I am looking at my bank statement and noticed they are still taking the payments out of my account. Call them up and they tell me no record of me calling them in Nov. … ok I need to cancel this service. 2 hours later again and they tell me all done. Feb. Still taking the payments out of my account go through it again

March. Another payment taking out. Now I am angry and demanding a refund today will be my 3rd call in this month. They open during work hours so you have to do this during your work hours which is really unacceptable, takes forever for them to do a simple task and try still want to pull money out of your account. I have contacted BBB and made a report so maybe I will at least get some of my money back. Beware of auto pay

Original review: March 29, 2022

I suppose this is common knowledge, but Quickbooks online customer service are almost comically poor at solving issues. I've been on the phone for an hour and forty minutes to solve a very straightforward problem (toggling between multiple accounts), and they still don't understand how to do this.,. and have gone as far (after 100 minutes on the phone) to email me a how to link that doesn't solve my issue. I can't believe they are this backwards. That being said, the people are nice... just incapable.

Original review: March 15, 2022

QuickBooks makes it seem like you will get your deposits within 2 days but I been with them for a couple months and still having a issue with my deposits being on hold for 7 days. They first said because it was my first deposit is why it was taking 7 days, the second and third and forth deposit they said because I was new to Quick books and that it takes 2 months to be considered not a new user. I’m now on month four with my 6th deposit and once again they have my money on hold until March 21st. Now they say that there is nothing they can do to make it faster because their system automatically done it. If you have a business that counts on having the funds to complete contracts on a deadline, then don’t go with QuickBooks. Save yourself some time and headache and just do a bank transfer with your customer instead.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I’ve been using Quick books online. Quick books stopped connecting to my business account. Called customer service. Spent hour on the phone, with zero solution. Problem not fixed. Quick books gave up on trying to fix the problem. They claim they are open on weekend for customer service. This is not true. I don’t have time during the week to spend hours on the phone dealing with these issues. I strongly don’t recommend.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information