1.17/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Intuit - Quickbooks

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

691 Intuit - Quickbooks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This company needs to train their staff better and have some respect for their clients' time. Less than a year ago I purchased new recommended software. Since it was quite expensive, I wanted to make certain it would accommodate another business. They assured me it would do what I wanted. So a couple of weeks ago I couldn't figure out how to make a work order. I went online. The instructions didn't work. I called. I was on the phone holding for a little over 2 hours when they came on the line and told me there was no one available to help me, but they would call me back at a specified time. They were 20 minutes late calling me back. Then immediately put me on hold. After another hour, I had to go because I did not have any time to wait.

The following week, I called again and asked how I can make a work ticket on QuickBook Pro 2017. After holding 25 minutes, I was told they could email me step by step instructions. An hour later the instruction arrived. However, it was for making a sales order, would not work for my needs, kept asking me to assign an account number, but there wasn't a place to assign it. Called again. After an hour, I was told that my software wouldn't do that functionality, but they now had a subscription that would for a mere 420.00 a year. I already paid 359.00 for the software to do this function. They are sorry, so sorry, so sorry. That's all I heard, but no one was sorry enough to fix my problem.

So I waited 35 for minutes for the "specialist" to come onto the phone to tell me about the subscription product. But did he come to the phone? No, they sent me instead to a "concierge" who is going to "channel" my call to the correct person and "stay on the line with me" until the matter is resolved. I don't think I will live long enough!

It is now 64 minutes and the "sales specialist" who has explained that I need to buy an internet based software "add-on". But it gets worse. It's a mobile app only. And not suitable for our business. So now I have a 350.00 piece of software that doesn't do what it promised. And did Intuit/QuickBooks offer any compensation. Nope. They're Sorrrryy!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Quickbooks payroll costs us $650 a year. With that subscription, comes "payroll support" that is available for "free". What is should be called is, "We give you a 1-800 to call and speak with everyone who speaks English as a 3rd language/weekend hobby, who do not know what they are doing other than reading a script to hone their weak English pronunciation skills." I'm sure it's a brilliant business strategy to hire 18-23 year olds in a third world country who have always wanted to learn english and let them work out accounting issues for companies paying ridiculous amounts of money for a subscription that is worthless.

When we changed our banks and needed to update all the efile tax information, I called "payroll support" to find out exactly how to do that. Three times I was told the incorrect way to do this. QB emailed me each week with a payroll tax confirmation. 8 weeks later I realized no tax payments were going thru. Their email system failed to notify me. Now we got stuck with a $350 tax penalty. And they will not take responsibility for it. Welcome to a fresh level of hell. It also could take up to one year to get an email address changed with QB.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Intuit needs to allow the owners of the accounting program the ability to decide for themselves if they want a password. We are all adults and do not need a corporation to force us to use a password. Do an update deleting the required password!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Worst customer service experience. It took over 45 minutes for 2 ladies to figure out what a recurring charge was. The first barely spoke a word and didn't know any answers to any of my questions regarding a charge. She collected my name, address, phone number, business EIN and received authorization from my boss to speak with her then patched me through to a 2nd lady that required all the same exact information again. The 2nd ladies accent was so heavy I had to continue to ask her to repeat herself.

After all the time wasted, she finally let me know that they increased their plan pricing for payroll by $45 last year and "emailed" information 45 days prior to the charge. This is a simple explanation and should have been answered in less than 5 minutes. Quickbooks is not user friendly, the customer service is terrible. I will be looking for an alternative solution to suggest to my boss. For the amount they're charging for annual subscriptions alone - it's a complete waste of resources!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have used QuickBooks and TurboTax for 20 years, 13 businesses, both paid versions and monthly subscription. I went back to the "paid" version to avoid recurring fees as our business interests got smaller and we no longer had employees. Today, when I opened my QB File, the program requested "update." I did. Afterward, the program locked on "admin password" and would not open. I spend 1-1/2 hours on the phone with Intuit, they telling me I needed to pay $299 for a new version... then backing off and offering me a discounted version for $219 and then a $35 a month version.

They said, "the version you have is not compatible with Windows 10." I said it was compatible for the past year, until the program updated this morning." She said; "1. We did not tell you to buy Windows 10, 2. When you buy a car do you expect it to run forever without paying for service?" Her name was Pheonix, employee #**. What the hell has happened to this company? All of my business files, and probably all of my export to Turbo Tax - locked up? I can't possibly be the only one this is happening to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Well sounds like I have the same problem as most of the reviews. Bought 2016 QB I am a small business of 1. I do not need upgrades or payroll. Just use it for invoicing. Feel like I was scammed. I have had QB since 2003. I loved it for 10 plus years. Until they told me I had to upgrade. My 2016 purchase I paid for in full was shut down one morning when I came to work. 3 and a half hours and close to $500.00 later. Remember this is a product I paid in full for one year ago. I am now back up and running. Program is not user-friendly at all. Now I have to pay an accounting firm to repair problems every year. Try another accounting product. This one will leave you feeling like you have been ripped off.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

This online software is beyond frustrating! It is not intuitive, pop ups freeze and the only way out is to completely logout and then log back in. It adds HOURS to my work every day. HATE, HATE, HATE online Intuit QuickBooks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have Quickbooks on the Mac. I was told by Intuit not to renew with Mac as they weren't going to support it. I had to renew to send out invoices, 300 dollars later and now my Quickbooks files are corrupt another 450 for level 3 tech support. They are always trying upsell services and support. they are as crooked as Donald Trump. I can't wait to switch to another company that isn't always scamming the customer for more money. It's outrageous really. If you haven't started with Quickbooks... DON'T.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My small business, an engineering firm, has been a Quickbooks Pro user for about a dozen years. Each time I have purchased an upgrade I paid for it outright - none of this monthly subscription business. Overall, I have been quite happy with Quickbooks until... Until August 30th when I could not access my Quickbooks file. The message said something to the effect of you need to upgrade to Quickbooks Pro 2017 in order to access your files. Remember, I purchased QB 2015 and didn't rent it. Extortion!

I called the customer support line and was informed that I need to purchase QB 2017, I needed Cloud access and I needed payroll subscription (I have used payroll as my staff are contractors). The monthly cost was $90 or something like that - I was seeing red by then so the exact number did not register. After going up two levels, I finally found a manager that would unlock my QB 2015 so I can continue, after 1 1/2 hours of wasted time and frustration. Lesson learned: Intuit's business model is to force everyone into a monthly, overpriced subscription or else. I am out'a there with Quickbooks.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I bought Quickbooks online over 3 weeks ago and to date it does not work at all. I continually get this error: "We can't retrieve your account information at this time. The likely cause is a system or network error, so please try again later. If the problem continues, contact customer support and provide your company ID (account number)." Quickbooks support keep stating they are looking into it, but nothing ever happens and they never return my calls or emails after my initial inquiry. I have to chase them for answers. I have now discovered that many other users are having the same problem. Quickbooks admit this now on Live Chat. So essentially Quickbooks knows their online service is defective yet they keep advertising the product and taking payment for it. Truly a disgrace.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I've been using Quickbooks Pro Desktop for over 8 years, with for the most part great luck. Recently, even though I didn't want to upgrade, I was forced into changing from Desktop Pro 2014 to Desktop Pro 2017 in order to be able to continue with bank downloads for the many companies I do work for, because Quickbooks said they were no longer going to support that feature in the 2014 product. I felt that this was a very sneaky way of getting you to pay again for a product you already own, and one that already works great for you.

Not too long after upgrading to the 2017 version, I became aware that my scheduled backups had stopped working. They had worked flawlessly in the past several years, since being on Quickbooks. After spending somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 30 to 40 hours on the phone and with remote sessions over the past several weeks, with Level 1 and Level 2 support people, they finally concluded that it was my desktop computer that had to be the problem. Everything else on my computer works perfectly, with this one exception.

I decided to load the product onto my Laptop and have tried everything possible to get automatic schedule backups to run on it as a last resort, but still with no luck! I'm currently stuck with running manual backups which even though that does work perfectly, it is a very poor solution. At this point I'm quite upset over this situation. I've read many of the other reviews on this website that I found to be quite shocking, but now I find myself writing my own disappointing review. I agree with a few of the other comments I read, that maybe it's time for a class action suit!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

On July 6, 2017 INTUIT, Inc. claimed I purchased QuickBooks 5 times at $189.95 each. Total $950. I did not order any service or product from Intuit Quickbooks. INTUIT use of my credit card information constitutes fraud. Instead of being apologetic, and helpful, Intuit became part of a larger problem - they refused to participate in a solution and immediately began an effort to cover-up their screw up. I called Intuit several times but found little help available until I filed a BBB complaint. I then received a call from Intuit trying to placate me by dancing around the issue and not answering any of my questions. Brian ** wanted time to "investigate". I offered him time and requested he get back to me with answers to my questions. He did not. He did however answer the BBB complaint pretending to be as surprised as I was and suggesting (30 days too late) I file a police report for identity theft.

Let me shed a little light here. The only Identity Theft was committed by Intuit, Inc. by failing to safeguard my credit card information given to Intuit's TurboTax division in April 2017. Intuit failed to keep my data safe and separate from other businesses including those owned by Intuit. I have never made a purchase of Intuit's Quickbooks online or directly from Quickbooks. I suggest Intuit obtained my credit card data by extracting it from the TurboTax database.

I asked Intuit to provide me with the address they captured with each of these "mystery" purchases at which to ship the product ordered? They refused. Who are you protecting? We're protecting the customer. I need the address for a police report and my records. You billed my credit card. For this purpose I am the customer. Still refused to provide an address. This behavior is quite revealing. I suggest there was no one using my credit card other than Intuit. There will be no shipping address because a person did not order Quickbooks. Not five times, not even once. Intuit is hiding the information requested and refusing to be helpful because they are the only ones at fault using my credit cards without permission or knowledge. I reminded Intuit: If you are not part of the Solution, You are likely part of the problem. Their covert behavior sure looks like they have something incriminating to hide.

A search online for fraudulent billing by Intuit reveals a plethora of unethical and possibly illegal behavior by Intuit. I suggest this $950 was not a simple mistake. Intuit appears to be engaging in shady practices repeatedly. It is damaging to consumers initially by limiting available limits on one's credit. It is time-consuming to correct the mistake which takes 4 to 10 days for the credits to be implemented by the credit card company. During this time I could not have dental work done because of this inexcusable behavior which negatively impacted my available credit.

My credit card number should have been destroyed after the use for which it was intended and not made available to other related businesses for advertising or any other use. TurboTax should NOT share personal credit card information with other businesses. This mishandling of credit card information is inexcusable and leads to Fraud. In fact this use demonstrates fraudulent use of my personal and private data. Intuit is smug, arrogant and heartless about their wrongful behavior. Instead of apologizing and working in concert with the injured consumer they take an adversarial position causing further detriment. Their behavior is shameful, unethical, immoral, and likely unlawful in more ways than one.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We changed corporate bank accounts to a new bank and tried to contact Intuit to change the bank information so they could continue to bill us the monthly fee for merchant services (credit card payments). Our IT Director called and was given the run around for 90 minutes + with no resolution nor anyone willing to help him. I then made calls on two separate occasions totaling well over three hours. I was continuously put on hold for extended periods, transferred all over, and not provided with any assistance.

I actually spent over an hour with Angel, an alleged supervisor, who did absolutely nothing to assist and lied to me the entire time. She then claimed she was going to transfer me to a manager in merchant services. After another extended hold period I was connected with a low level customer service rep - he was not a supervisor or manager, nor was he in merchant services. I was finally connected to someone in collections who did resolve my issue. I wrote a very detailed letter to the company about my situation including dates, times, names, details - all factual. Intuit management did not even have the class to send me an FOAD form letter...they simply ignored it and continue to provide worse customer service than the Airlines! I am telling everyone I know not to use Intuit for any service or product as they will not be able to get any resolution to issues.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Customer for 15+ years. 5 days so far and 3 hours on the phone to process a credit card transaction. Required me to send bank statement and jump through too many hoops. Communication's sloppy in silly ways like "refer to the case number above when you contact us" and no case number above. Bigger problem is long hold times. Email message says "We value your business" but donʻt feel that way as I waste valuable time on hold.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have been on the phone for 3 hours today. Was forced to upgrade to Enterprise 17 from 14. The payroll will not work with different locations and one EIN number all of sudden. Never had this problem in 30 years. Now the payroll department is telling us to get another EIN number. These have no idea what they are talking about. Stay away from Quickbooks. Customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I previously used QuickBooks 2010 which was working great for me as I only use it for invoicing! Then they kept calling and stated that I had to switch to 2014 - I bought the new program, and book, lost all my old information on customers. Now they are calling me again to upgrade to 2017 and stated that if I do not upgrade that my system will no longer work down the road! I feel like I am being forced to buy a product that is still working! There has got to be someone willing to start a class action lawsuit! I am getting two and three calls a week from them terrorizing me to buy the 2017 version!

Original review: July 19, 2017

QuickBooks is way below par. 1. The payroll program doubled random employees Federal Tax deductions. No warning or indication of the error which lasted 1 year. Intuit would not offer an explanation. Spent 1 hour fixing the issue and refunded over $1000 to various employees. 2. Screen would suddenly black out areas and whole sections - weekly. Program had to be rebooted which fixed the problem 1/2 the time the other 1/2 a full computer re-boot was necessary. When Intuit tech support was contacted they demanded fees in order to log in and fix the problem. Support claimed problem is "isolated" but internet chatter shows this is a serious and continuing problem since 2014.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I was very satisfied by the customer support provided by Quickbooks. At first I tried lots of support number. Then I found this support number 1-866-560-7666. From my experience I think this is the best and most available 24/7 toll-free number.

Original review: July 13, 2017

In April of 2017 I became a customer of Quickbooks for my small business. I was never able to use their system to send invoices to my customers. I called customer support and I was informed that they have canceled my account and will not tell me why. Now I am looking at the bills for my business and they are still charging my account for a service they do not want to provide me.

I call customer service again and they tell me that my account is still open and there are no issues with my service but that if I would like to talk with some one about the issues I am having to go to this website and do an online chat with someone, there is no one available on the phone to speak to. I have to say from one business owner to another this is the least organized company I have ever had to deal with. I know some people will read this and think "Well you get what you pay for." This is a $5 per month service and yes it's not even worth that. I will tell everyone I know about my experience.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Two years in a row this online support issue happened to me. I called Quickbooks to update my Payroll. They encouraged me to allow them to use their remote system where they take control of your computer and do the update for you. BIG MISTAKE. I believe it was a weird glitch the first time this happened in 2016, but the second time I knew that something went wrong with the update they did. Both times it happened the same way. Approximately one week after the upgrade, I could no longer access my Quickbooks. All I could see was the past years information which I found very odd.

When I called Quickbooks and told them the same thing happened last year, they denied that it had anything to with them. Last year it cost me over $350.00 and hours of my time on the phone with them, and this year it cost me the same amount of time and money. I highly recommended getting your Quickbooks online, downloading it yourself, and never calling in for support unless of course you pay for this service. Even then expect to be on the phone for hours. I can't say too much about the treatment I received either from the Customer Care guys. They really couldn't care less and overall were quite unfriendly. Stay away from remote support with these guys. Not worth the fight or your time.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I tried to upgrade my Quickbooks to 2017. I immediately got tangled in a password loop. Continually asked for old password then new passwords. Neither I nor a computer expert could get past the loop. I eventually called Quickbooks. They said they had to get into my computer, it is the only time I have agreed to this and once in my computer asked for my credit card number. Said my data was corrupted and would take some time to fix.

I do not deny my path to my data was slow and often didn't want to load, so I was aware there may have been some problems. A day of constant phone calls and then being told my c card had been charged with over $685.00 for continued support. I was upset and said that was outrageous and I didn't want it and they said, "You have to have it and we have to check every couple of months so your data doesn't get corrupted again."

The next day they said they had fixed my files. I did get into my files and they had lost one company and for the two remaining companies lost all my data for 2017 through May. I was furious and told them never to enter my computer again. I have printed out general ledgers of my work through May so I can prove the information was once there. I am left with much data entry to enter and a new software to use as well as a $685.00 charge on my credit card.

Original review: July 4, 2017

After years of sales pitches to switch from QB desktop to QB online I finally did it. I was then faced with manually entering my entire staff (38 people) payroll history, names, address, date of births, etc., the amount that they had earned up to that pay period. Yes that's right. I switched from one system to another within the same company. I was also informed that they could not transfer my entire accounting history over but I would still be able to see my previous years in the QB desktop version.

Well today was the day that the Government of Canada came knocking on my door wishing to know last year's info. I clicked on the QB desktop icon and no access was granted as my monthly subscription was canceled. Yes it was canceled as I switched to the QB online version. So now Quickbooks wants me to pay for both versions even though I am no longer using one in order to be able to view my previous history. Or I can buy a $210 program to enable me to see the info even though I paid them $100 per month to rent the program over the previous years. What a scam. I pay thousands of dollars to use their product only to be told I must pay more to get access to my information even though I am still an existing customer. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT NOR BUSINESS.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have been dealing with HUGE issues with the state of Missouri trying to tax me for wages months after an employee was terminated, and have traced it back to QB. The ONLY way they would have that degree of inaccurate data with those dates is due to my not having time to update the technical system (fortunately I did within my own books outside of this and have proof!). I have been for over a year now, calling and sending certified mail to this state only to be reported to collections. My business has lost several hours (days honestly with the phone wait time and other details) of productivity due to QB inaccurately reporting data directly to the government without my permission. I would never work with this company again and probably have no other choice than to raise awareness on the issue as no action is being taken. This is ridiculous, and significant enough to go to court.

Original review: June 29, 2017

My online store was created in 2004 and selected Quickbooks for these specific capabilities offered by Quickbooks: website payment portal integration, local credit card swiping/keying, and emailing of invoices and purchase orders. Every couple of years I was forced to upgrade in order to "keep" the credit card processing capabilities. Around 2014, Quickbooks stopped supporting the website payment portal and recommended their "selected" vendor Pivotal Payments. What a nightmare experience with the selected vendor. Apparently every other small business that was "disconnected" from Quickbooks went to Pivotal Payments for support at the same time - something Pivotal Payments was probably not ramped up for the thousands of new customers.

My website went for 2 months without a shopping cart. We had no choice but to ask customers to call their orders in. Then, on May 31, 2017, Quickbooks stopped supporting email capabilities within the software and discontinued the credit card processing at the desktop computer. In my opinion, Quickbooks is now just a fancy excel spreadsheet. I don't know how many small business were impacted by these decisions to degrade services. I have nothing good to say about Intuit and Quickbooks. Whoever made these decisions at Quickbooks should be forced to register on a "software offender registry" in case they go to another company and ruin that product for the small business owner.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Intuit should be investigated for fraud. I received an ACH payment 8 days ago and they have yet to release my funds! Received funds last Monday and wasn't notified of a hold until Friday. Gave them the requested contract on Friday and called on Monday. On Monday, they told me they needed the card holder's mailing address. Sent that right away and today is Wednesday (8 days later) and I still DO NOT have my money. They are crooks!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

QuickBooks Pro 2017 has been a nightmare for me, I have been on the phone for hours and hours having different technicians work on it. Problems: This is Big! The reports do not match the register. It shows some of my renters paying twice on the same day (register shows once). I've had to rebalance 2017 from the beginning several times and now I need to it again, I need to figure out how unbalance all of this year, not just one month. It's messed up. My recommendation is do not buy QuickBooks Pro 2017.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I can access my information from just about anywhere, including on my phone with help of the app. When importing transactions from my bank, I can set up "rules" that give me the opportunity to have the transactions automatically categorized. This means much less work for me. I used to waste a ton of time doing book work, and QBO literally changed my life for the better. I spend small time a week now, instead of 6-7 hours.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I called to ask why my money was being held on hold... They started asking what the money was for and what our business was... They then say why can't send invoices until the end of the month!! Wtf!!! We are designers/stagers and they are telling us how we charge? Why are they hijacking our money and why are they controlling how we invoice our customers? The customer agreed to our terms paid an invoice that we sent but now we can't access our money?!

I'm so upset and truly feel that this isn't right! I thought sending an invoice through QuickBooks made sense and linked up our bank account and then the third company makes up some ** reason to hold our money! They said, “We want to make sure this a legit transaction,” but they call me, how about they call the customer who paid but still why are they getting so involved in our business and telling us that we can't send invoices out until the end of the month! I don't think they are legit and ** them for hijacking our money that our customer paid us and then to have the audacity to tell us how we charge! I felt like I was on an episode of Hidden Camera because it's so hard to understand why they are holding our money for over a week now... I'm tempted to contact our customer and have her void the payment and write us a check... I've never in my life experienced something so insane! They are the worst.

Original review: June 15, 2017

It happened again! Quickbooks - don't tell me that there are no issues when I upgraded to QB2014 on my Mac. You forced me to upgrade from 2010 (I could have stayed with 2010 but you would not provide technical or release support) and forced me to install Sierra to get your product working. My beginning bank balance on the reconciliation module is incorrect. Now, I have to pay my accountant hundreds of dollars to figure it out (in addition to the hours I have spent with your technical support and on my own to fix things)! This is maddening and unacceptable!!! I am not a happy camper!!! Get your bugs fixed before you release new versions. and at least be honest and tell users that MACS are not the preferred platform.

Original review: June 15, 2017

This is the worst company by far. They suck you in with their technical support and then hold you hostage to pay for problems that should not exist on its software. I, too, have received the useless emails which of course do not pertain to your company. What is equally frustrating is that they send you a survey which, by reviewing all of the complaints listed here, they throw in the trash. I would recommend that any business, new or small, look for another software program. I wish I had!!

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information