1.00/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Hagerstown, MD

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Merchant Service Group Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This company is very intrusive, and their representatives will give you lies after lies just to get the trust with you first. They will offer some rate that is too good to be true (which is incorrect) and then charge you fees with tons of hidden fee. And be careful with the contract that they made you signed. They will never tell you about the early termination fee and the contract that you are signing in. I talked to their representative a couple times and there was no suggestion of Early Termination Fee at all. Also, I have been trying to cancel with them for 1-2 months now and nobody sent me any forms or helping me resolve the issue. And their customer services are very rude and unreachable whenever you want to cancel or has problem with their service. Take my advice and go find some other places to do business with. They worked with a very terrible bank (Wells Fargo) and I hope nobody get to do business with them anyway.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Adam ** Takes Money & Ignores My Calls. I have been using this company for about 2 years and back in October, 2018, they charged me $29.95 for not completing the PCI-DSS self assessment. I contacted them since I've always taken care of such things, and Adam called me back and we figured out what had happened and he walked me through the self-assessment over the phone and promised to reimburse me for the $29.95 and make sure it didn't happen again. He did reimburse me a few days later, but I have been charged every month since then.

I contacted him about 6 weeks ago about this and heard nothing. Then my daughter was diagnosed with cancer and spent nearly 2 weeks in the hospital with brain surgery so it's taken me over a month to see what's going on. Turns out he has never refunded the charges which have continued. I called him on Tuesday and left a message and he has not returned my call or reimbursed me for the $29.95. I will be filing a complaint with Visa and Mastercard and any regulatory body I can find. I will also be taking all my paperwork to the bank to show them so that I can protest this charge. Finally, I will be changing to a different merchant service company.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Not sure what the woman's name is because she does not tell me but she repeatedly calls my company to market Merchant SVC. She asks for someone or something. When I ask who is calling or tell her that the person is not available she VERY rudely yells "OKAY BYE" and hangs up. I assure you my company will NOT be doing any sort of service with this group due to the behavior of the employee. Definitely not a professional approach on Merchants SVC's end.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Creditcardprocessing.com is the worst company I have dealt with in the 21 years I’ve been in business. They allow third party companies to charge you for services you never asked for. My processing rate went from 1.37% to over 6 %. PCI scans every 3 months is a joke. Something always go wrong so they can charge you a late fee. Plus it’s a real hassle. Plus the PCI annual fees. Not to mention all the monthly fees. Now I’m in the process of canceling. They have to email you a form to fill out and then ask you to fill it out. Of course after I filled it out two days later I still haven’t heard anything. I called and was told they didn’t receive it. After I got upset he found it after a 5 minute hold. He said, “Sorry it will take a little bit longer.” I said, “More than 2 days to cancel an account?” He said yes. I should have left a long time ago the first time I saw $30 extra dollars being taken out of my account.

Original review: May 16, 2018

FEB 1st 2018 now it's May 16 they are still charging my bank account. The guy I spoke with told me I needed to return and cancel form. I never got such a form. He then told by phone my email was not working. My reply to him was my email is working. They never sent me a letter to let me know of email. They never sent me a form by mail or called me. He then told me he will keep charging my bank account. I looked them up for complaints. Wow there is so many people just like me. Can someone help me and others like me. HELP HELP HELP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merchant Service Group?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

The company kept charging my account for more than 6 months after closing the account. They are not returning my calls and still taking money from my account. Kathy ** is very unprofessional and rude to talk to. I would warn anyone to do due diligence before doing business. I am now planning to contact my bank to see what I need to do. Poor service and bad customer service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I ran an auto shop and used Elavon to process credit cards. A customer paid with Discover, signed the receipt, drove his car away, then told Discover he didn't recognize the charge. I sent them a copy of the signed receipt & heard nothing else from them. Next thing I know is there was a chargeback of over $1900 and it was removed from my bank account. When I call Elavon Dispute Resolution, they tell me they have contacted Discover & are waiting for a response. I call every week or so but get nowhere with them. This company will not represent its merchants in a dispute. My next move is to contact my state Attorney General.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Don't ever work with Mel ** from Merchant Service Group. He works good until you give a check and after that he will never give you any updates on anything. He applies liquor license and credit card payment system. If you ever buy anything from him you are doing a biggest mistake in your life. I would rather spend that money in a casino and blow it away. He is a biggest ** and the entire company is a fraud company. His wife also helps set up licenses so be careful. Never use their services. He and the merchant group is biggest fraud ever happened to me in my life. Stop now and find another org.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

Salesmen told me I wasn't buying lease and sure and behold I bought a lease and they harassed me till I paid them off to not go to court. Never again. I'm with Elavon now through Costco. The best service I've ever received. I went back to Wells Fargo after MBF Leasing but their fees are too high.

Original review: April 9, 2015

I received a credit card from a customer ran the charge of $89. The customer later challenged the charge. Merchant Service sent me an Information Request dated 3/7/2015 that I received on 3/17/2015 with a required respond by 3/17/2015. I was out of the office for two days and responded on 20 March 2015. I received a letter from Merchant Services dated 4/1/15 and received on 4/7/15 stating that I did not receive and the charge back to my account. I called Merchant Services at 800-430-7161 and talked to ** who told me she was a manager. She stated she did not receive my response in time, American Express could not reverse the charges and there was nothing I could do. I cannot recommend doing business with Merchant Services. I discovered there were 10 complaints on the internet related to the service Merchant Services has not provided.

Merchant Service Group Company Information