Call toll free
3.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

901 Hibu Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Hibu Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can't thank Hibu and Anita enough. They took my company from having no web presence to popping me up all over the place. It was quite painless and they have done a stellar job. Anita has been very attentive and dedicated to my website, my company and me. She is truly a pleasure to work with. I can call her with a change that needs to be made and within an hour or so if not sooner the change is complete. I can't thank you enough, I know I pay you enough. I would recommend Anita and Hibu to anyone needing a web presence.

Hibu response

What great news Tim! So glad your website is working so well. We do appreciate Anita and her efforts.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

As an extremely busy business owner I was impressed with how easy and not very time consuming it was to get everything done with HIBU. They had a very well laid out format for me to fill out that was simple and not drawn out. Randy was very easy to work with and willing to work around my crazy schedule. Randy and his team even did most of the work which was nice. My company website turned out amazing and just like I wanted the first time. Unlike my previous experience with another company. The web ads have helped a ton too! He was spot on for what I was needing to spend and he knew that I had to stay on a budget also. No pushy sales here with this great company. Thanks Randy!! Thank you HIBU as well. You all have a great team.

Hibu response

We are glad that your website is "amazing", James and that it is providing you business. We appreciate your feedback on Randy and the team.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We currently have a print ad, SEM, SEO, and now just added Social Media Marketing with Hibu. Working with different advertising people has been my job for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service that I receive from Hibu and our Hibu representative. I appreciate the fact that they make me feel like our business is important and that they truly are there to help us grow our business through their advertising assistance. I have never felt like they just want our money like I have with other companies. The longevity and history of the Yellowbook/Hibu name is also a comforting factor in knowing that the company is committed to serving their customers.

Hibu response

This is a great testimonial Camie! We appreciate your business and working with us.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: July 10, 2019

We had a website for several years and really had no problem with it. However, we sold our business and had to call 3 times to cancel. The second time we paid an additional month because it had gone into the next month when we received a letter notice via email (that went into spam). We got a name and a confirmation number. Then, lo and behold a month later received another late notice via email in the spam folder, thank goodness we check it. My mom, who was the owner and president of the company had to call me three-way because I was the manager who signed the contract (what if it was some random manager that was fired). They would not just talk to her, I HAD to be on the line.

Then they told us the name we gave wasn't in his department so the confirmation number we had was pretty much useless. WHAT??? Then went on to say we are responsible to pay the monthly fee because there were no notes on our account for the last 4 months. Between myself and my mom and the new owners that came in, we had contacted Hibu OVER 10 times in the last month alone. We ask to speak to a supervisor and none were available. Ya right. They do not communicate between departments and if you want something done or taken care of you better make sure that you have first names, last names, extension numbers, confirmation numbers, departments and everything you can write down pertaining to that conversation. Will NEVER go with them again for this reason. We had enough headaches selling the business anyway, Hibu made a headache turn into a nightmarish migraine.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2019

Got locked into a contract with Hibu about a year ago. Once I signed on the dotted line I never heard back from my sales rep again. Certainly never saw any gains of web traffic anywhere. When the year was up I was supposed to have a meeting with a new sales rep. It was scheduled but she never showed up or called but they continued to charge me monthly for a service I didn't need or want. So when I cut off the credit card was the first time I heard from someone in the company for a year, and it was just to let me know I owed them $70. Told them I didn't want there service, which was fine by them but I still owed them money. After a few emails back and forth letting them know how my time and money was wasted they sent me back an apology email and a address to send my 70 to them. Either way I am not a fan of this company.

7/8/2019

Ryan, I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Your account will be given to a Senior Customer Care representative to review and be in touch with you soon. Thank you!

7/15/2019

Ryan, thank you for your time. I am glad we were able to find an acceptable resolution to your concerns. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Hibu, built my website quickly and accurately. They did a wonderful job! As soon as the site went live, it started generating interest in and around my home town, Middletown CT. I'm proud to show my website to anyone. I use it as a sales tool Everytime I go out on an estimate with a new client. I love the site, and working with Hibu professionals couldn't be any easier. They always call me on the phone at least once a month to make sure I'm happy with it and remind me to let them know about any changes that I might want. Over the years I have worked with many many webmasters and none of them came close to Hibu.

7/8/2019

Bruce, we’re delighted to read your feedback about your website!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each of our customers!

Thank you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Terrible Customer Service and digital Marketing. I was excited to start with this company in the beginning. Before I committed to a 6 month contract and start paying for it, the sales rep was great and offered different strategies on ways to market my company online. I’m always looking for ways to attract leads online. I left one digital marketing company to use Hibu. This has been the worse decision ever! After they received my credit card info and started billing me, I was never able to get in contact with who I thought was the team that created my ads online. It took days for someone to email me back. Everyone that works there, lives all over the country and state. You keep getting passed around from one person to another. No one knows who’s in charge of your account. They just keep telling you to look at your dashboard, which they control.

Needless to say, I didn’t get any leads from their ads. They used the wrong keywords, which we talked about using specific key words for the ad. I couldn’t find my ads on Google anywhere. I was promised first page of Google, and I never saw that. I went from 80 leads per month with my old marketing company, to zero leads per month with Hibu. At the end, nothing was resolved, I filed a complaint with the company. They did nothing about it, but just kept telling me I was in a 6 month contract. If you are looking to attract people to your website or get leads... THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR THAT.

Hibu response

7/9/19 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I would recommend Hibu to anyone looking to start or refresh their website or online presence. I work with Jeff and Don and both are very responsive to any questions or changes I need made. I have my website, SEO, listings and reputation management taken care of in one place rather than multiple companies. Great company and great people!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Nicole! We aim to provide the best products and service for our customers! Thank you!

Original review: June 20, 2019

ATVTracks.net is a business that sells most of its products through its website. We experienced issues with our previous website of 13 years, and as a result had to build a new site. After almost a year our new site was up, but we had lost most of our SEO and organic search rankings as a result. At this time, we had a representative from Hibu contact us. Hibu claimed that for $2,000 per month for a six (6) month contract they could bring us to the front page of Google search rankings. This sounded like an excellent deal. However, after a second party called to notify me that the contract was non-cancelable, I should have been suspicious. I have had a very poor experience with Hibu since then.

As per contract, Hibu promised 4 15-second ads on YouTube. They did provide this, but rather than develop new content for these ads they reused content from the more than 100 educational clips we have on YouTube. The contract also stipulated that they would send us a monthly status report showing where we were in terms of search rankings, and how much we had improved. Hibu was also supposed to contact our web designer and coordinate on adding searchable content for Google. This never happened. Instead Hibu wanted us to give them control of our website, which we refused.

Our website was not receiving much attention or improvement from Hibu’s services, so I asked their local sales representative to come into our office. Together we contacted their main office to discuss our situation. The only person we could talk with was their office secretary. While she was very courteous, she made it plain that she did not have any knowledge of SEO or organic rankings growth. She also would not allow us to speak with any technical people in the office. She said all she could do was relay a message to their IT department. We have not had any response from their IT team, other than the monthly status reports. We have spoken with Hibu’s local representative approximately eight times over six months. The first four visits were for the express purpose of getting the contract signed.

Though Hibu had been working on our contract for four months, our site had reached only the 8th page of the Google search rankings. At that time, we started working with another company on SEO and marketing to improve our Google rankings. Six weeks of work on their part moved our site from the 8th page to the 1st or 2nd page of Google search results. This work included 4,000 emails to customers, six new educational videos on Youtube, and $2,500 per month for Google ads. Additionally, we have updated SEO information on all website pages and send out daily tech tips on Facebook. Meanwhile, $12,000 was spent on services from Hibu. That money was wasted.

We have learned our lesson. Never agree to a lengthy second party contract. Look at the Better Business Bureau reviews for any company you work with. Though you may find some good reviews, there are far more complaints about Hibu from companies both overseas and domestically. Make sure to research any company you are investing in. Otherwise, like us, you might get burned.

6.21.2019

Good afternoon Gary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns that you have raised. A member of our Customer Care team will reach out to you within 48 hours.

7.8.2019

Per Gary's request, we have reached out to Casper; however, he would like to have Gary on the call. We will have a call on 7/17 when Gary returns from vacation.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Before using Hibu, please read. The first role of sales, or any relationship in that matter, is to gain and keep trust. Do not trust these people. Make sure you listen to every word, and clarify what everything means. Do not sign anything on the spot. Make sure you have a full copy of what you are signing and have time to look it over before you sign. Do not assume anything. (I will add, that this is the first time I have ever left a bad review of any company.)

I had a salesman come to me at my office to explain how people use their phone book. And to prove it, they will provide the phone numbers and the calls of everyone who called in. They told me that they were very successful at bringing people to call you. I took the chance and signed up and they put me into the book. I talked to the guy again over the phone a time or two again over the next year, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

So the next time the sales guy showed up in July 2018 (again, seems like a really genuine guy), he came in and we talked about changing some things in the ad, like wording and so forth and we talked about going with only online ads since the book wasn't producing the best. He said he needed me to sign for the changes in the ad for 2018-19 and to sign for it on the line. I said sure, I signed, he talked about going out golfing, and we talked about good fishing holes. Really nice guy, then we moved on with life.

That brings me to now. Today, Hibu is calling me about my bill for the 2019 to 2020 year. I explained to them that I did not sign up for that year. They said, no, we have a signature of you on file for 2019 to 2020. They said that when the salesperson came in to meet me, that he had me sign for the 2019-2020 year. I explained that there must have been a miscommunication, and their response was, they didn't care, I signed for it, there is nothing they can do, and I am responsible to pay the $576.

Now let's look at the other end of my situation. My business CLOSED at the beginning of 2019. January 31st of 2019 to be exact. I moved from Pennsylvania, to Kentucky. Why would I want an ad in this area for 12 months especially when the advertised business was CLOSED? There is no reason for this. I never would have agreed to do an ad for the entire 2019-2020. I also explained this to them, again, their response was I signed for it, and they do not care.

I then called the sales associate back up. After talking to him about our conversation, and again he said "you signed up for 2018 to 19." I explained that my understanding of this would be the year 2018 up to the year 2019. Instead he said, it meant from Dec 2018, until Dec 2019. He then stated, "I would see why you thought what you thought, it was a miscommunication, but there's nothing I can do for you now. You will have to call in and try to negotiate the price for the 2019 year." He said, how he agrees, that he can see why it was misleading, but there was nothing he can do about it. I called back to the main office, explained all of this, again, to the new financial person over the phone, who said they didn't care either, sent me to customer service who also said they couldn't do anything about it.

6/13/2019

Joshua, thank you for reaching out regarding your concerns. We will get an investigation opened and one our team members will be in contact soon to work on resolving your concerns.

6/27/2019

Dr. Josh, thank you for taking time to speak with me regarding your concerns. I apologize we couldn’t resolve them as you would have liked, but I do appreciate you and your time on this. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

When I signed up I told the sales rep numerous times that I didn’t want to sign up for 6 months because if it wasn’t working I couldn’t afford $500 a month to keep it going. She told me numerous times that I could cancel for a small fee if I wasn’t happy. $1,100 in I had received no calls or inquiries. I contacted my sales rep numerous times to try to cancel and got the talk around or no response. Customer service was no help, they simply stated over and over again that I signed a contract and it didn’t matter what the sales rep said because the contract doesn’t say that. I ended up closing my business 3 days after the start of another billing cycle. They insisted that I pay the $500 for the next month’s bill since it had already posted, even though there were 3 weeks left on the cycle.

I tried to call and reach a reasonable solution and offered to pay a prorated amount up until the business was closed. They said it was all or nothing and they would keep my account open until I paid and it would continue to accrue charges. At that point they also told me whatever business rep signed the contract (even though it is an LLC) that person agreed to be personally responsible for the contract and that the collections department would come after me for the amount owed.

Hibu response

Shawn, thank you for taking the time to work with me and my co-workers on resolving your concerns. I am glad we were able to find a mutually satisfying resolution. Thank you!

Original review: June 5, 2019

On May 23rd 2019 I spoke with a gentleman named Scott. He had a lot of great things to say about Hibu and the amount of years he has been with the company. Based on what he said I purchased some digital services. As a part of our conversation he contacted a lady by the name of Jewel. She was nice and polite and promptly took my payment and assured me, by giving me her number, that if I need her all I have to do is call. Well, it took all of 2 minutes to complete my purchase and then we said our goodbyes. Later that evening, I decided to read reviews on the company. Yes, I know I put the cart before the horse. Anyway, there were enough bad reviews to make me rethink my purchase.

The next morning on I called to cancel my purchase. I spoke with a lady named Anna. I expressed to her that I wanted my money back. She emailed Jewel and Cc'ed me on the email. She stated that only Jewel can give me my money back. Ok. A few days later I started trying to contact Jewel on the number she gave me but guess who can't be contacted. You guessed it, Jewel. This person is not answering the number they said I could reach them at. I have been calling and calling and calling but I cannot get a response. It took 2 minutes for Jewel to take my money and here it is, June 5th 2019, 13 days later and 8 of which are business days, I have have not received my money. The moral of the story is, companies receive bad reviews for a reason. They earn them. You have been warned not to use this company. Buyer beware.

6/6/2019

Broderick, thank you expressing your concerns. I am so sorry you feel this way. One of our team members will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you.

6/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I apologize the products did not work out for your advertising needs. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in a long and prosperous business. Thanks again for your service!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Hibu delivers. Everything they promised me was spot on. We sat down and built a marketing plan for our future growth and 8 months later we are above where we thought we would be. Very happy with our results. Looking forward to more growth and a continued relationship with Hibu.

6/10/2019

Steven, We’re delighted to read your feedback about your products with us!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect experience for each customer!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I did not know how much Hibu did for my business until I left for another marketing company. Our business went down shortly after the change. So I decided to try Hibu again to see if that was the reason. I cannot 100% say that was the cause but I can say we are seeing a great increase.

Hibu response

Brittany, this is wonderful news! I am so happy we can help your business succeed! Thank you

Original review: May 24, 2019

A local sales rep from Hibu attempted to steal one of our accounts by telling them that Hibu does not charge ads management fees for running Google Ads. She told the client that Hibu receives "kickbacks from Google Ads" which is not even possible. The rep did not seem to understand that we act as consultants to advise our clients about the best digital marketing platforms and services, even when these platforms and services aren't our own. Because we act as consultants, the client called me to discuss Hibu services. After verifying with Google that the rep had lied about receiving kickbacks from Google and also reviewing Hibu's online reviews, I advised the client that I didn't think they were a good option.

After harassing me and the client over several weeks, the rep finally figured out she wasn't going to win the account and as retribution she decided to leave negative online reviews about our agency. I have been in this business over 20 years and I have never had such a negative experience with another agency. It's completely unethical and void of integrity. It's clear why this company has literally hundreds of negative reviews online.

Hibu response

Hi April. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

6/6/19

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation. We apologize for your experience with Hibu and are pleased you were able to resolve the matter satisfactorily.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been working with Sue ** for many Years. She is always professional and is in tune with our companies marketing plans. Sue presents everything that is available and than works with you on your budget. You are Great Sue. Thanks for all your help with our Marketing needs.!!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

We're a small business and long term HIBU client. Initially started w/ print ads in Plumbing and Sewer. Then "online presence" and smart phones meant expanding marketing. However, our website was never on first page search. Rep wasn't helpful when we asked about why content was incorrect on our web page and why the page didn't populate. So we dropped online and kept up with print ads in phone directories (3 separate books). When we stopped internet ad last year, our rep told us we would pay the same price as previous year because of commission and wouldn't decrease price. The buck stops here. We pay $3k per month for 3 directories and everyone knows the directories aren't delivered to every home/business. What a waste! HIBU seems to only care about money and not the client.

6.11.2019

Patti, thank your patience as we worked through your concerns. There were no issues with the delivery of the print advertising We are glad that we were able to address the other issues with your website and come to resolution. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

5.24.2019

Good afternoon Patricia,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. A member of our Customer Care team will reach out to you to assist you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Sent me a video message of their services. I consider this a violation of my privacy. I never asked for their services or showed any interest and they send me their information without me requesting it. They do not know that I do not need their services and have no desire for it so why would they send me a video message?

Hibu response
We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Hibu! We value

your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues you may have.

6/5/19

We sincerely apologize for how your experience with Hibu made you feel. We have made several attempts to reach you to discuss your concern that was first brought to our attention on May 23, 2019. Our Sales Team is excited to share our digital products with you and contacted you by phone and email. Please call our Customer Service Department at 1 800 929 3556 within the next 3 business days. If we don’t hear from you, we will close our investigation.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have tried a lot of different advertising companies. Most of them I have paid more than the advertising or work that I have gotten back. Dave is the only one that I have found that actually brings results. He came highly recommended from another business owner. I started out with a very modest budget to try the product. Since then I have raised the amount of advertising money we are spending because it actually brings results. Dave is an outstanding guy. You should give him a call. You won’t be disappointed!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Mark! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your advertising. Thank you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Was sold a print listing by Patrick ** who promised I would be billed in monthly installments. The very first statement I received had the entire balance as "due upon receipt." I thought maybe it was a mistake, so I remitted the monthly amount, including their $4.00 "billing charge", and a copy of the contract which clearly shows an agreement of monthly installments. The next statement I received had a late charge added, as well as the entire remaining balance "due upon receipt." Patrick is not responding to e-mails. I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau.

5/16/2019

Marc, thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We will have someone from our Customer Service team reach out to you shortly to review your concerns and work on a resolution.

Thank you!

5/24/2019

Marc, I have attempted to reach you on 3 occasions but unfortunately, we were not able to connect. I was able to get your payments switched to monthly so, going forward your bill will reflect correctly. If you have any other outstanding concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your business!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I discussed with local sale representative from Hibu for the search marketing package and before I signed the contract I repeatedly asked Jason ** and Pegge (two local sale reps) about if there were any commitments to this package. They said I quote “No, you would be able to cancel after 30 days if it doesn’t work for you”. They never went on details about the contract or anything so when they gave me their iPad to sign and I was questioning about why there were even a contract. They said that it is ok to sign because the contract could have been closed if I am not happy.

I went ahead and started working with them but after sometime I discovered that many of the things that they promised were not fulfilled and when I asked the sales representative to cancel the contract, Jason and Pegge, referred me to the customer service and so we called them. However they just stated that our contract is 12 months and cannot be canceled. When we confronted them with the things that were not working all they said that I am in the contract and there is nothing that they can do. I went ahead and talked to Pegge, the manager, she said she could be able to resolve the issue for me. After two months, nothing has been resolved and I called her again and again but she doesn’t seem to have any interests to help me. I am very upset and I would never do any marketing with Hibu again. There are so many other better companies out there, don’t settle for this ones.

Hibu response

6/24/19 Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This was the best rep I have ever had. They guided me in the right direction needed to help my business grow. They did not push stuff that I did not need. She helped me to understand all of the digital information. The last few years, I have had more leads -- leading to more business. My new, improved website has helped to increase my business. The digital advertising has also helped increased my business.

Hibu response

This is great news Gilbert! We are so happy that the digital advertising is helping to increase your business.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: May 9, 2019

Two businesses I have been hired to work with had Hibu. Websites were terrible, no basic SEO present and to make matters worse they couldn't carry on a basic conversation about what the company needed for proper SEO. When we gave up we discovered they had taken over the domain names, Google accounts, Facebook accounts and removed access to the actual owners of the companies. Said it was part of their contract even if it does go against ICANN regulations. This Hibu company is disgusting at best, deserving of prison terms for the executives at worse.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We have been extremely pleased with the overall service and attention to detail that we have received from our Hibu rep Susan **. She is proactive and truly understands our business. She only brings relevant ideas that are relevant to us. We highly recommend her for your business.

Hibu response

This is good news Tony, thank you! Susan is a great rep who understands what it takes to help a business grow.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: April 24, 2019

I would like to take minute to thank Steve with his services that he provided to me! He was so organized and if I didn’t understand something he explained it to me in a different way! He is a great guy and calls to check and see how things are going. I’m glad to have Steve as a sales manager and is very honest and trustworthy! Thanks. Cohen

Original review: April 23, 2019

Hibu, I Hibu does not do what the client wants to do. What they do is have a sales rep tell you whatever they want and then when you get a bill they start recording and say you ordered something when you did not. They then run you around in circles to departments to department and around and around. If you ask for a manager guess what? You won't get to talk too.. Yep a manager! I spent 30 years in the Media business and I have never never had a company be run so poorly in my life. It is pitiful they get away with it. I tried to help my wife and there is no hope. This company is a bad as it gets. Unreal! Run. Don't walk. Run from this company. Carlos **

4.25.2019

Good afternoon Carlos,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to address the concerns that you have raised. Someone from our Customer Care team will reach out to you within 48 hours to discuss.

5.13.2019

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. We are please that we were able to resolve your concerns.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Hibu, the moment I joined Hibu, until the time I left, I had nothing but troubles with their SEO department. Nothing was ever accomplished while I had Hibu, and when I told them that I don't want to do business with them any longer, they decided to sue me. Do not ever sign up with Hibu. If you just need a website, you can go to free webbuilder and create your own website. Hibu promised the world full of exposure as far as my website was concerned, however, all I have ever gotten were a few phone calls each month that did not lead to sales. Hibu is the most disgusting SEO company out there. I have had better experiences elsewhere but I wanted nothing but the best for my business so I joined Hibu. Big mistake!

No one at Hibu SEO department does their job. They make mistakes, never listen to what I have to say regarding my business, call over and over again as if I am in debt. I had paid in full until the time I left Hibu in disgust. Now they want to take legal actions to make me pay more money. I have a gainful employment now as a caregiver for the elderly, and allow me to say this but Hibu workers are nothing but con artists. They pretend to hear you. They pretend to make things sound legitimate, and they act as if they are true professionals, however, as far as I'm concerned, all the employees at Hibu need to get REAL jobs! They lack honesty, they lack professionalism, they lack communication skills, and they severely lack competency.

Never give a dime to this company because they truly are a monumental waste of time and money. They don't know ANYTHING about SEO. I had better results from prior SEO companies I dealt with such as Gozoak, Ad.iq, and local SEO companies. Lesson learned... just because a company is huge, does not make a company a good one. Hibu must have deceived so many people along the way to get that huge to begin with. If I could turn back the hands of time, I will avoid Hibu as if they are a plague.

Hibu response

4/24/19 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Hey kids, talk to your computer illiterate business owning parents about slimy dudes selling HIBU services. Their "professional" web services might be impressive to you if you just woke up from a 15 year coma. The website they made for our company was hideous, the "features" the website comes with are gimmicky at best and just downright offensive to the eyes at worst.

These include:

- Exceptionally subpar web design with pixelated and weirdly discolored versions of the images we sent them.
- A reviews page that inconceivably only shares customer reviews on your own website, as if this is a source ANYONE would trust.
- Some of the most cringe-inducing, grammatically questionable descriptions of service and quality.

- A low-res 30 second video that - I swear to god - is just your company logo spinning, where they read the awful and factually inaccurate info listed on the webpage directly above the video.

They sell themselves on being a sort of outsourced web advertising department, and force you to take on a year long contract to do work literally anyone over the age of 20 could handle in a day or two (speaking from experience as said 20 something). What you have here is a company that basically finds older (45+ year old) business owners and scares them into hiring them by using a bunch of terms relating to SEO and web services they know said business owner will not understand.

Hang on, there's more! We were forced to stick out the rest of the 12 month contract, paying for their useless HIBU Social service. I dug around online and on our HIBU website and I still have literally no idea what this means and what we were paying for. They wouldn't let us just buy out the rest of the contract so we could forget about this awful experience, which at first just seemed annoying, but we later discovered the real reason they wanted to keep charging us monthly: So that every month THEY COULD PRETEND WE HAD NEVER ASKED THEM TO CANCEL AND WOULD ATTEMPT TO CHARGE US THE WRONG AMOUNT.

The reason I'm writing this now? The straw that pile-drove the camels back into dust? We just went to make sure we were all set and finished with our contract (ended 4/2) and the customer rep told us WE HADN'T YET CANCELLED AND WANTED ANOTHER MONTH OF PAYMENT. Truly exceptional. If I had three wishes, one would be for world peace, one would be for my student loans to be payed and the third would be that this company never existed.

4.24.2019

Good morning Calvin,

We are unable to locate your account using the information provided. Please provide your billing telephone number so that we can locate your account and address your concerns.

4.25.2019

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify the account or review and address the concerns that have been raised. The complainant has declined our request for account information.

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs