Call toll free
3.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

786 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

As an extremely busy business owner I was impressed with how easy and not very time consuming it was to get everything done with HIBU. They had a very well laid out format for me to fill out that was simple and not drawn out. Randy was very easy to work with and willing to work around my crazy schedule. Randy and his team even did most of the work which was nice. My company website turned out amazing and just like I wanted the first time. Unlike my previous experience with another company. The web ads have helped a ton too! He was spot on for what I was needing to spend and he knew that I had to stay on a budget also. No pushy sales here with this great company. Thanks Randy!! Thank you HIBU as well. You all have a great team.

Hibu response

We are glad that your website is "amazing", James and that it is providing you business. We appreciate your feedback on Randy and the team.

Hibu Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I signed up for a 6 month contract with this company. Here to find out they literally did nothing for me, let alone charge me an extra $600 for 3 months of service that I didn't even sign up for. They have your account/routing number so they just automatically withdrawal money from your account. Total FRAUD!! I'm actually filing suit against them for my money back since they said they won't refund me. Do not use this company for anything.

Hibu response
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.
12/5/18
Brandon, we have attempted to reach you several times without success and you have not responded to our emails. Please call us at 1 800 929 3556 to discuss your concern.

The Hibu Team

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I came into a small business who was doing Yellowbook advertising with Hibu. They were already unhappy with the company due to a very bad experience with their digital marketing department. Following an 18 month review of their advertising endeavors, they had found that they were getting no business through yellow pages advertising and asked that I look into terminating all yellow pages advertising. After several attempts to call where I was required to leave voicemail which were not returned, I finally spoke with Susan, our Hibu customer service representative. I explained the situation at which point she told me we had a contract that could not be canceled for any reason. I told her I understood and that if Hibu was unwilling to work with us on the issue, then would it be possible to just pay off the contract and be done with it. She said that it would, and that there would also be a discount if we were to pay the account in full.

I agreed that is what we would do and asked her what that amount would be. She told me she would find out and get back to me. It took several more phone calls and voicemails before she finally sent an e-mail with the payoff amount. I did question the amount because it was quite a bit higher than the amount the current bill showed as due on the account, but when I tried to call her back to question it, she stopped returning my calls. Finally, after consultation with the owner of the company, we opted to pay the higher amount and close the account. I sent a check along with a copy of the e-mail I had received from Susan and a letter stating that it was payment in full and requesting a written confirmation that the account was closed.

I heard nothing from the company for a full month, other than for the dunning phone calls from collection stating that the account was in arrears. Finally, on 11/20/18 I received a certified letter in the mail. Upon opening it, I found the check I had sent and a form letter stating that the check was being returned because it was insufficient to pay the account off in full. There was an 800 number and a name on the letter so I called and spoke with a Janet **. When I explained that I had gotten the payoff balance from our customer service representative and had even provided a copy of the e-mail documenting the amount, Ms. ** stated that Susan didn't have the authority to provide payoff balances and that the check was insufficient to pay off the account. She further stated that she had taken it to her manager before she had sent the letter and he's authorized her to send it.

I didn't tell Ms. **, but there had been a figure noted on the letter I had received from her indicating a balance that was $237.76 higher than the $2,000+ dollars we had already sent them that they rejected. To verify the number, I asked her what the payoff amount on the account was. The figure she gave me this time was an additional $41.84 higher than the figure on the letter. No longer trusting much of anything I was being told, I asked her to guarantee that if I paid this amount we would owe them nothing else, at which time she stated that her phone was ringing and hung up on me. Repeated attempts to call her back resulted in either getting her voicemail, or the phone being answered and then immediately being forwarded to voicemail.

I did pay the last amount she provided via their automated payment system using the e-check option simply because if I didn't do so they would continue to tack late charges onto the account, but I am still trying to get through to Ms. ** manager to see if he can explain exactly what is happening and why an attempt to pay off an account and close it results in nothing but abominable customer service and escalating costs. Steer clear of this company.

Hibu response

Deborah, thank you for your time and energy in resolving this matter. I am glad we were able to find a fair and acceptable resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I've been trying to cancel an account for 9 months. The company no longer exists. I was willing to pay an early termination fee, they've been polite, but their records just won't update to acknowledge termination. I get weekly calls and emails. They just won't go away. I regret trying to work with them at all. I paid 5 months for online advertising of a company that doesn't exist.

This was not a scam where I closed a company and opened another. I was never an owner of the first company. That company was closed and its assets were sold to an established company. I gave HIBU my personal credit card information to cover the two month fee for early termination. They've been charging my card until I finally had to cancel it. It's safest to just never engage with them.

Hibu response

Thank you, Don, for your time today. I am glad we were able to find a resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We currently have a print ad, SEM, SEO, and now just added Social Media Marketing with Hibu. Working with different advertising people has been my job for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service that I receive from Hibu and our Hibu representative. I appreciate the fact that they make me feel like our business is important and that they truly are there to help us grow our business through their advertising assistance. I have never felt like they just want our money like I have with other companies. The longevity and history of the Yellowbook/Hibu name is also a comforting factor in knowing that the company is committed to serving their customers.

Hibu response

This is a great testimonial Camie! We appreciate your business and working with us.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

$386.50 was withdrawn from my bank account. I called to get information about this money being taken out. They told me that I signed a year contract and I could not cancel. I never signed a contract for this so called Hibu global. I was paying $114 a month for their Yellow book which I plan on canceling that in January 2019 because I am not getting results from Hibu. My customers come from word of mouth and from local advertising. A representative from Hibu told me that I cannot cancel anything.

What my question is how did they get this signed contract that I did not sign and why don't they allow you to cancel something you did not order! They told me that will investigate the situation and see what can be done. What I wanted to hear is, “Sir we will CANCEL it.” I want it canceled. Never in my life have I been in a contract that has no clause for cancellation or a cancellation fee. According to them, "You are basically stuck." I am stuck with a something I did not sign for and I did not request. Be careful.

Hibu response

Hello Pebbx, thank you for taking your time to work with me. I appreciate your participation in resolving the concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If there are any small or large business looking for a marketing firm PLEASE DO NOT HIRE HIBU. They do not keep their word, they lie to get you under contract and then let you know they no longer provide the services they sold. All of this while still keeping you in a contract paying for services they have discontinued. I was sold the reviews due to they advise this would be a central location for customers to leave reviews and they would then be distributed across Yelp, FB, Google, and website. I am now been told that this is not the case and it can only be copied and pasted well that is not even an option on Google. I was sold the Social program they have under the pretense of them posting on my FB up to 6 times a month.

Only after month two of asking why no post have been made to be told they no longer offer the service. We have received zero calls from our search or listing campaign and have still been stuck in a contract paying for services they either do not offer or refuse to uphold their end of the deal. I want to make sure no other small business get stuck in a contract paying for services that will not help their company. Please do not hire HIBU to handle your marketing go with a local company that you can meet someone face to face.

Hibu response

11/9/18 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Tanna. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Breakfast cart - Stacy was great help. Managing Facebook and Google will be great help. New website is really easy to get around. Would highly recommend to anyone who does not have the time or experience to get around the computer. Makes my job much easier.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. Asked repeatedly to have things done the way me the customer wanted, there was no response from sales rep or supervisors when asked to have them call. If you're a small business I run as fast as I can because they obviously don't care about the little guy. It's all about the $$$$ for this company. RUN AWAY!!

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, John. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to speak with you regarding your concerns.

The Hibu Customer Care Team

11.12.2018

Good afternoon John,

We have made several attempts to reach you to discuss your concerns but have not yet received a response. If you would like to discuss this matter, please call us at 800.929.3556.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

As a business owner you generally wear many different hats, however there comes a point where you need to start delegating things to others that are better than you in that specific area of expertise. Hibu did a great job of capturing the essence of my company into a well crafted website. Not only did they build the website exactly how I wanted, they also handled all of the back end tasks including SEO & Google AdWords. We recently experienced 2 record breaking months in our business & are continuing to stay busy. I'd highly recommend Hibu to anyone looking to step up their website & marketing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We were contacted by a salesperson who approached us because she found out we were playing with Google AdWords, and she said that Hibu could do the job so much better because this is what they do all day long. We were told we would have our own person, and they would be able to do the job so much better. We tripled the amount we were doing and they destroyed all our organic search and got less from them than we were doing ourselves. We had communication issues with "our guy" including setting up phone consultations and then were never even contacted at that time that we set up. Within 3 months of our 6 month contract, we asked to be removed from contract due to the fact that they did not in any way give us what was offered, and we were told we could not be removed. We were allowed to pay the minimum amount, for the remainder of the two or three months, and they lessened what they did for us for those months.

Then they charged us again after our contract was over, and then said we had not told them to cancel in time. they insisted they could not do something for us unless we had proof of the cancellation. We asked to speak to someone above her, she said she could have someone call us back within 48 hours, but again without proof of cancellation, there would be nothing they would do. Before you use this company look at their rating on Yelp or other sites. Now we have credits we never used (from when we lowered our contract amount for the last few months) and that they said we can never get also.

Hibu response

10/29/18 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Mark. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Kathy is a GREAT person first and foremost!!! She is VERY professional and courteous but the personal connection is important to a small startup like mine. I would HIGHLY recommend her in ANY facet of advertising!!!!! Her effortless rapport is AMAZING!!!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Steve! We are excited that you've had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Absolutely stay away from this company. They will lock you into a 12 month contract claiming to provide a nice website and digital marketing. The site they built for my company is filled with misspellings and inaccurate information, which they will not change. The name of my business isn't even spelled correctly! They stole competitors' advertising and used in on my social media platforms. In 11 months, there has not been a single return visitor to my website, which tells me that it is not making a good impression on potential customers. I have called and emailed them many times trying to cancel the contract, to no avail. This company and their sales reps are con artists. STAY AWAY!!!

Hibu response

Dustin, thank you for your time on resolving this concern. I am glad we were able to find a mutually agreed upon resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Very pleased with the work Done on my Company's behalf. Cannot thank Bree ** and Will ** enough for all of their help with my new Hibu business website!

Studying the new website's analytical data is very promising. Thanks for everything! Highly recommending HiBu!

Hibu response
Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad to hear things are going well and that you are excited about your new Hibu Website.

Customer Service Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We always have a great experience with Steve. He is very knowledgeable and listens to what we say. He is good at helping us resolve any issues we might have and makes excellent suggestions on how we can improve. We also have excellent help with making any changes with our website. The only problems we have is when we have to deal with the people in billing.

Hibu response

Cheri, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We aim to provide the best services for our customers and will use this to improve on our customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was debating about doing Pay Per Click myself on Google, but I decided to hire because it was more work than I wanted to do in my little bit of free time. I’m so glad I used Hibu. Their ads were fantastic and brought customers right to the page of my website they were searching on.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tamina is extremely helpful, I've been working with her for close to 2 years off and on. She's been always able to answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking help for online marketing. Thanks Tamina. Your service is superb!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience has been nothing but top notch. Excellent customer service, attention to detail and turnaround times. My response to the services has been excellent and well worth the investment. I look forward to seeing more great results. I am so grateful and appreciative of Ken ** and everything he has done to help my business. I would highly recommend Ken and Hibu to any business owner.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hibu has helped me update my website and been very helpful along the way. They have been more involved than the company I worked with before and come and physically talk to me often. I am glad I made the switch to Hibu.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have worked with Susan ** for several years, and could not be happier with her. She has taken the time to really get to know my business. I would certainly recommend her, and Hibu to anyone. She is definitely an asset to the Hibu.

Hibu response

Kevin, We’re delighted to read your feedback about us your representative, Susan!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each customer!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My experience with HIBU and my sales rep, Julie **, has been excellent. She has been very attentive to my account and has been incredibly helpful walking me through this digital landscape! I would highly recommend HIBU and Julie to any business that is looking to grow their business and increase online visibility.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Jeff! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with Hibu and Julie! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Apparently everyone loves or hates Hibu. I was sucked in by the promises of Patricia about how she would be “my person”. She said I could contact her for all problems. I have not heard from her in several months. The website was not changed since the original month except when they added videos I sent them. She won’t return calls to resolve a major issue. I agree to a 6 month contract that was well above what I could afford in my new small business. After Hibu continued to bill after 6 months, Patricia continues to ignore me. I refused to pay and let my credit card company deal with the bill. Now they are apparently going to erase my website. Where is “my person” Patricia now? Don’t use Hibu unless you want to learn an expensive lesson!

Hibu response

Hi Peggy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Hibu. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Sales representative show a high level of professionalism and eager to go above and beyond customer satisfaction. It is a pleasure to have this associate assist my company with our advertising needs. She is always willing to meet with us when is most convenient for us. Even when running late she is always willing to wait for us. We are satisfy with the services she is delivered to our company and will highly recommend her.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

They provided no services to me. I cancelled my account 12 hours after signing up. They performed no services for me, we did not compose an ad, nothing. I cancelled and they still billed me after I received a cancellation email. AVOID this Company.

Hibu response

10/10/18 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with Hibu!!! Very unprofessional service and capabilities. No audio on my site video, Charging for changes that should be included in the web build quote. Too much bs. I do not recommend this service as not to be trusted and very poor service!!!

Hibu response

Brian, when you have a free moment please reply to my emails. I need your Hibu account information to review your concern further. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Always a great meeting. Stacy explains things well and answers questions. We upgraded our website to the new version. We are pleased with the continued service. We do not have a great response with our customers and the website, as most business is from locals.

Hibu response

Lou, Thank you for taking the time to share your Hibu experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new website!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We started with Hibu 6 months ago. Used them for SEM and display ads. Our clicks have skyrocket. We have just added a social campaign. With this they are testing ads to see results then pushing the most responsive ad to get the best results, I love that they take the time to make sure the campaign is successful.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Dustin! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Search, Display and Social campaigns!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Hibu offers a wide array of online services and with results! Since we signed up we have seen a 100 percent jump in business! They redesigned our website, brought it up to date and incorporated our own review system! Very helpful staff that will walk us through any changes we need, and an easy format for our own modifications and blogging! Highly recommended!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Tennison! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Website, Reviews and Online Display ads!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Julie ** has done an awesome job on upgrading our website! She took our website from the 90's to the 20th century. She offered great suggestions and was "Julie on the stop" for changes that needed to be made. Anytime we have had questions or want to make changes/adds, Julie takes care of Metro Glass immediately as if we were her only client. I will recommend Julie ** and Hibu to others.

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs