Call toll free
3.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

858 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 19, 2019

Susan was very knowledgeable and helpful in assisting us in starting my Firm website. Susan even took the time to sit down with me and come up with design ideas for the most professional layout. I would highly recommend Susan's services.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Hibu is a great service that handles all of our website and search advertising needs. They were able to come out and custom design a campaign for us that immediately resulted in sustained and increased business. They met our price range and business area without fuss, and are constantly working to fine tune the website and our advertising.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We have had a horrible experience with Hibu, promising many benefits and receiving none. Absolutely the worst experience ever with any marketing company ever. They used non-authorized photos for some Facebook ads, and it was then that the "dislikes" began. Once we dropped them, and did our own FB ads, then likes began increasing. In general, many things were promised and were never delivered.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Kyle has been great to work with and is so aware of our needs and brings great ideas to the table. Our marketing efforts and SEO have taken off with her assistance and the work done by her counterparts at Hibu! I would highly recommend them!

Hibu response

This is great news Debbie. We are glad that your digital marketing with SEO are doing well for your business.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Owning a small business is challenging and learning every little detail for advertising is difficult and time consuming. I chose to invest and trust Hibu for my marketing and website. I love the quality customer service and work they provide as well as praying that their expertise in marketing will assist my dance academy to grow.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 13, 2019

I signed to for HIBU to run marketing Campaigns for my company and we agreed to $600 a month. The first week went good. I received 3 leads for the week and I thought this was manageable but shortly after I only received calls for a DIFFERENT type of business. I tried contacting Bill, and Kristen but they would never answer my calls. When I finally got a hold of them, they made a change and I stopped receiving any calls at all. I expressed to them after a month that I wasn’t happy with this and that I was losing money because the campaign wasn’t working. They told me they would help but a couple of more weeks passed by and I haven’t received anything leads AT ALL.

I called to cancel and explained to them that I can’t afford to keep paying $600 a month for a service I am not receiving. They said they would cancel and I waited a week for them to contact me. I called and Kristen answered and told me she would ask Brenna to call me back. She never did. I had to call today to talk to her and she transferred me to the claims department who told me they will not cancel because I have a contract for 6 months. This is not right. I don’t believe I should have to suffer for 4 more months of paying for a service I am not receiving. I didn’t have a problem for paying someone for their services but I do have a problem of having to pay for something that I haven’t received and also has not Been working!

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Carry. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 10, 2019

DON'T USE HIBU. I'm a Mortgage Lender in Rochester, MN and I trusted HIBU with $1320 per month to create advertising/marketing through Google Adwords and Facebook. I was given information by their sales rep at the time, Troy Irvine, that this would benefit my business with plenty of leads and clients that it would more than pay for itself.

That is the farthest thing from the truth. This is by far and away, the biggest waste of money and time with any form of advertising that I've done. Then, to top it off, they rope you into a minimum 6 month contract which is complete BS. If you aren't producing for your client, you should let your client out so they don't have to write bad reviews like this. DO NOT USE HIBU. I COULD FLUSH MONEY DOWN MY TOILET AND GET THE SAME RESULTS. Then, Mike **, the Area Manager with HIBU, doesn't follow through and get things fixed. I've emailed him 3 times over the span of a month to get things cancelled and the only response that I've gotten is, "I'm waiting to hear back from corporate." Another delay tactic to take more money from clients. DO NOT USE HIBU.

Hibu response

Hello Nick, We sincerely apologize about your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My HIBU experience has been very positive. We have received an extreme amount of exposure from our website. I especially like the feedback from HIBU regarding performance and the suggestions for future growth. I really enjoy having a live representative to visit with instead of a voice on the end of the phone.

Hibu response

Your digital marketing package really helps boosts the number of visits to your website. We are here to help with its performance and suggestions. We appreciate your feedback, Michelle. Thank you.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We were not extremely familiar with the digital marketing product. Susan ** has done a tremendous job showing us the benefits of a digital marketing campaign. I really enjoy the dashboard where we can track our progress. I am excited to see how the digital marketing campaign can improve our traffic.

Hibu response

We are excited Julie, that you have provided us the opportunity to provide your business with digital marketing. We hope you will see an increase in traffic as well.

Thank you.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Was a past, unsatisfied customer. Kathy communicated a comprehensive website opportunity that compelled me to once again become a customer. The process of developing the website was met with meaningful suggestions/recommendations, which gave a better result. She has a personable and professional approach, explored opportunities available to ensure a better package and smooth transition from previous site.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Been with Hibu for three years, we are a small non profit. And we’re being charged a ridiculous amount for web hosting, without SSL layer (I just came aboard and noticed this). They have bankers hours, if you need to speak to someone about your account it takes days to get it fixed. Can’t change anything with your account online, which is ludicrous as it’s business is online. Finally decided to go elsewhere and am still being charged for a month when we are no longer with them. We will be disputing that charge when the bill arrives. Do yourself a favor, keep looking when Hibu comes up in your search.

Hibu response

3.6.19 Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Brian. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 2, 2019

I have been advertising with Hibu when they were Gannett. When I went web, they sold me a bill of goods. Had my meta-tags wrong and then lied to me about it. Incompetent and/or dishonest, either way, would never recommend them to anybody except my competition.

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Scott. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

They have treated me so professionally and I love the Rep Susan **. She is experienced and takes care of everything. It has been a wonderful experience! My business has increased and I am pleased. I am glad I made this decision.

Hibu response

We are glad the digital advertising is working so well for your business and that Susan has really helped you with this transition.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Promise 20 call a month and I didn't receive 2. They didn't fix all the listings that they was suppose to do. Was with them for 4 months. Keep waiting for a good result. Never came. After they got the money they don't care about you and the seller came over to my house and promise me lots of stuff. Waste of money that never comes back to my pockets.

Hibu response

2/25/19 Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Fabio. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our customer service team will be following up shortly to discuss this concern further.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Our calls and revenue have increased since Steve has taken us to the next level. His support and help are always on point and in the direction that we need to take. He is very knowledgeable and if any problems arise he's quick to step in and get them handled.

Hibu response

Thank you Jeanette. We appreciate the feedback on Steve. We are happy that things are going so well for your business.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Been live with Steve's suggestions for three weeks and have had over 12000 square feet of new floor coating leads since. It is overwhelming on how the world has changed but Steve has educated us and walked us through how people today are now finding what they are looking for. Highly recommend Steven ** for your marketing needs.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Stacy was very knowledgeable in her products. She was well prepared for our meeting. Changes were made to our account ads immediately. We are pleased with our product as we have it now and will definitely consider HIBU for our needs should they arise.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was happy working with Molly to review our current advertising and to learn more about further opportunities that are new and becoming the way of the world! She was very pleasant and personable and took time to get to know me since we had not worked together previously. A good experience.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY... I was told by Julie ** a salesperson in Maryland that I could get out of the contract if I did not get enough (6 leads) per month from the $250 contract per month. I have done the contract for 3 months and got 3 leads... Not sales... Leads. I have tried amicably to settle this with the company and they refuse to let me cancel. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

2/15/19

The advertising in question was ordered on 11/16/18 and the campaign was set live on 12/3/18. The minimum contract term is 12 months. While the campaign only brought 3 leads in 75 days, we believe the campaign needs time to ramp up. To resolve the matter, we adjusted the first month of billing plus the proration on 1/17/19. 2/13/19 the client submitted the review on the Consumer Affairs Website. In the interest of Client Relations, we have agreed to cancel the contract early.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My transportation company was approached by Hibu. Had rep Kimberly from Mineola Texas. For nearly a year she would not return my calls or messages never spoke with her after. My website looked like a child made in their computer class. Took 4 hours of my time to correct. So many run-on sentences, bad spelling; the punctuation made it appear even sadder to the public. The pictures didn't match the sections. It was not worth the 137 A month. None of my listings were kept updated as the company agreed. Left my company to having to completely redo the whole website and update listings constantly.

Seems we had more luck doing our own marketing. We visited the website daily to see if it were still up. Sadly our company visited it more than customers. The listings management didn't do well. Could of got better listings management doing it myself which is what my company ended up doing meanwhile, still paying Hibu. Once we completed designing our website ourselves it looked nice. Then there is the cancelation part. It's mere impossible to cancel. Why would I continue to pay for something that isn't working.

Hibu has ran my company in circles. Trying to cancel the services with them. They say to reach out to my rep which was Mia and now fired. Then to technical support then to other support. Spent many minutes on the phone asking to cancel. Have emails and phone recordings and still they do not cancel and continue to charge me. Not a good company or honest company. Do not recommend doing business with them. ** Cancel my contract please.

Hibu response

2/27/19 Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We found Hibu to be exactly as promised. We've had a very positive experience with them. It's wonderful to deal with a company that responds to our needs. Working with HIbu has been a very good choice, and we've been happy with the results.

Hibu response

This is great news! Thank you David. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I would, but I was forced to give one in order to leave this review. Hibu over-promises and grossly under-delivers. We were just starting to take off with our digital marketing, but I wanted to take one chore "off my plate." Unfortunately I chose Hibu because I liked their sales rep. Although she is a great person, her company does not deliver. I have absolutely no experience in PPC ads, but when I did the job we were starting to climb up in rankings, page position, and most of all, paying clients! When I turned it over to Hibu, the phones literally went dead. Dead... Did I mention they never rang? Devastated! We are a new solo office/business, just starting to gain a foothold so we can't survive with NO new clients.

When I tried to get help from the sales manager, I was threatened that "If I didn't pay my bill in full then I'd have to take it up with collections as well as his company attorneys." WOW! All I had asked is what HE could do for ME, the client, and HOW he could get our phones to ring again! For the past two months, our business has taken a nasty downward turn in new business and it's because of the choke-hold put on us by Hibu. They refused to release me from my contract even after I asked. They refused to guarantee me ANY RESULTS in their marketing AND I was told that, "Sometimes you have to fall down the ladder to climb back up..." WHAT? This is NOT a game!

I spoke to a CS rep who was nicer and took $300 off my bill but I still owe over a thousand and get calls every day. We've only taken in two new clients since I switched to Hibu, and although it may be dumb luck, one is a person with limited ability to pay and the other is in similar shape. Not sure how that's going to keep the lights on AND pay Hibu!

Yesterday I started up my old Google Ads and saw that their landing pages are showing as code "403-Forbidden." If I could post a screenshot, I would. After an hour call to Google, they showed me all the coding that is incorrect with the Hibu website and what it would take to fix it... Ummmmm... Wasn't that HIBU'S job? I thought I hired professionals who stand behind their work. I would have been happy to be released from their contract and being offered a payment plan for the poor advertising campaign, just to get away from them. Instead of working with a client closely to get them on track, all it has been is a disaster AND a refusal to release us so we can move on.

Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any

inconvenience you have had. We’ll schedule someone from our Customer Care team to contact you to discuss.

The Hibu Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Hibu has been a pleasure to work with over the past 3 years. They did a great job with building our website and helping us rank better with Google. Our local rep Tammana has been a big help every time we need something. I would recommend Hibu.

Hibu response

Thank your Corky for your recommendation. Glad that your website is doing well. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My sales representative is Kathleen ** and she goes above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful and innovative with my website. The website pops up quickly and keeps my business in the top tier of my category.

Hibu response

That is good news that the website is working so well and that Kathleen is supporting you and your business.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have to say. I have always been leary because I have been scammed so many times by marketing scams. Hibu I would definitely recommend. The first two weeks my website went live was absolutely amazed that I didn’t believe it the records of the impressions and clicks etc. until I started receiving 35 new clients one week and another 30 new clients next phoned ringing off the hook. I had to hire another groomer. I’m absolutely satisfied and happy with results so far. This company will help your business.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I am very happy with my advertising representative Clarke and manager Priscilla. They both have assisted me immensely with the print and online advertisements and planning. They are always extremely helpful and great to work with. I highly recommend them for your business advertising. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Their promises to promote a webpage did not come through. I hired an independent company to research what Hibu did for me; the results came back, just as I suspected: they did not do what was promised; NOTHING.

Hibu response

Glen, I am sorry we were not able to come to a mutual resolution. Thank you for taking time to speak with me today.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Steve and his digital consultant counterpart Nicole have been informative, interested and passionate about delivering results for my business! From the start they inquired as to how our business works and what we wanted to accomplish in the future. They put together a marketing and advertising campaign the has delivered results beyond our expectations. I look forward to future growth and a great partnership with the team at HIBU!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback Dan. We look forward to working with you as well.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We were very impressed with the customer service that our new sales rep from Hibu, Kathy **, presented to us yesterday. We are looking forward to doing business with Kathy. We have had a good response from our website over the last few years. And are looking forward to seeing our new format. Thank you Kathy!

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs