4.2/5 (58 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Top Hibu Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Steve has gone above and beyond in customer service when transitioning to Hibu for our website and digital marketing. Anytime a change needs made or an update pushed through Steve...

Verified

I had no idea where to start with my web marketing services. Michelle Bedaux ** is very knowledgeable and made the process quick and painless. Her follow up is exceptional, you wi...

What is Hibu and how does it work?

Hibu is a digital marketing services provider that combines a comprehensive range of products and strategies into one interconnected marketing solution to help generate increased calls, clicks and leads. Some of the services Hibu offers include:

Online presence solutions
Hibu’s online presence solutions promise to give you everything you need for a perfect first impression. The company takes care of your complete online presence, including your website, and online listings, Google "My Business" page and Facebook page – all the most important places a customer could find you.
Hibu Smart Sites
Hibu Smart Sites are the heart of Hibu’s integrated digital marketing solutions. Its Smart Sites have advanced technology that over 80% of websites don’t have, helping them perform better than other websites — simply put, they communicate more information to Google to increase your search ranking and visibility.
Search, social and display advertising
With an advertising campaign from Hibu, you target your customers with a diversified ad campaign using social, display and search ads to reach customers wherever they are online. By advertising with an integrated digital marketing solution, you drive awareness, engagement and conversion across your complete online presence.

Hibu is a popular digital marketing option for both professional services and blue collar-services. The company creates custom Smart Sites that are the central hub of an interconnected, results-oriented digital marketing campaign.

Hibu is a full-service provider, as opposed to a DIY option. You work with a designated digital marketing specialist to provide background about your business and determine your primary business goals. That information is then used to create a digital marketing solution to achieve your goal, whether its increased visibility, improved customer engagement, and/or generating more qualified leads.

The overall development process includes a no-obligation consultation, a review stage for your website and/or ad design and final sign-off. Pricing is monthly, determined by the products and services you select for your specific solution. You can request changes to your website and ads at any time. If you’d prefer to do the work on your own, the client dashboard provides 24/7 results tracking as well as DIY options for simple changes.

Hibu pricing

Hibu doesn’t list pricing information on its website because the company does not offer cookie-cutter packages. Since every digital marketing solution is tailored to your specific business, the price is determined by your specific campaign. To get an idea about what a digital solution would look like for your business, schedule a brief, no-obligation phone call to discuss your budget and business goals.

Hibu generally provides services based on a monthly payment schedule. Depending on the solution you choose, there may be an upfront cost that covers initial development and building your website. Generally, your website is part of a multichannel solution and not a stand-alone offer. The cost varies based on factors such as:

• The complexity of your solution
  • If your solution includes reputation management
  • If your solution includes an interconnected ad campaign (search ads, social ads and/or display ads)

Hibu FAQs

What services does Hibu offer?
Hibu creates smart digital marketing solutions built to meet your specific businesses goals based on decades of learning working with local businesses. Hibu builds integrated marketing solutions where all the pieces work together to deliver a strong return from your marketing budget. Hibu’s solutions include listings management, reputation and online reviews, websites, Facebook and Google pages, mobile and search ads, search and social ads, retargeting, organic search ranking, voice search, lead tracking and management.
How much do Hibu’s services cost?
Rather than present a cookie-cutter pricing chart, Hibu’s digital marketing solutions are built to meet your budget and business goals. You can get a free estimate of what your specific solution would cost by calling Hibu for a brief, no-obligation talk with a digital specialist.
Does Hibu do website design?
Yes. With Hibu, your website is custom-built for your business — the design is based on what works best for your specific industry, based on years of data. Hibu states its websites are built to feature the right types of engagement and content for your business.
Where is Hibu located?
Hibu has physical locations in Pennsylvania, Iowa and New York, but the company also has local representatives based across the United States. In most areas of the country, you have a choice of working with someone over the phone or with a local representative.

Is Hibu worth the money?

Hibu is a smart business decision for small and midsize business owners looking to build their online presence and increase results from their digital marketing. Hibu is also a proven choice for business owners who do not want to do it themselves or have tried that and weren’t happy with the results. Because Hibu’s integrated solution system provides a comprehensive package of products, it can save you time and possibly money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: March 30, 2022

HIBU and Nick ** have been great to work with. Nick is always punctual and very attentive to any concerns I may have. I am a small business and he works hard to get me the same quality of product as the large businesses have while keeping my budget in mind. Our recent webpage upgrade included the addition of Hibu taking over my online business listings management. Within the first week, Hibu was able to find items that were listed wrong for the past 6 years AND get them corrected. Something that I have been trying to get resolved with my previous OLM provider with no success. I am so pleased to work with Nick and his team and look forward to many more years with Hibu. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2022

My painting company has been in business for 4 years now and I been looking for that marketing company who could really get me where I needed to go and Hibu marketing team has done a great job bringing in the leads all the way to the website developing. I’m very pleased with the ROI. But that’s not the most important aspect for me, what other marketing firms lack from my experience thus far is making the customer (myself) feel valued, not just another person dumping cash into marketing.

Well, Rachael over at Hibu does all that and above, you can feel how when I have a problem it becomes hers and she brings me a solution within hours, sometimes minutes. She has made us feel at home and valued here with Hibu and we’ll be using them for a long time. Also, I don’t want to forget but the reason I use Hibu in the first place is because one of my best friends who owns a glass company referred me to Hibu and of course Rachael took care of him on the customer service side and he was raving about them and I took his advice and Hibu has not failed.

Original review: March 15, 2022

We at Rainbow Garden in Urbana, are extremely appreciative for what Steve ** and Hibu has done for our business, but even more happier to have met and made a friend in Steve! Steve has always been extremely professional, but beyond that, has always cared about my family and I. Most partnering companies have reps that make sure your ads are up and running and that you've paid the bill. Very rarely contact you, unless they need something from you.

That's not the case with Steve. He'll call just to make sure we are ok. Stop by just to see if our business has picked up, and try to think of an idea to continue growing. But that's not all. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. For example, when he found out my parent's house was broken into, he'd call at least once a week to make sure we were all OK. Constantly asking if there was something he could do to help us. Trusting him with helping my business, has paid off beyond the business aspect. Not only have I found someone I can trust to help build my business, but have also gained a friend whom I'll call and invite to a family BBQ. We are very lucky to have partnered up with Steve and Hibu! But Hibu themselves are very fortunate to have had Steve with them for long. Extreme perfectionist, and a great friend!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Dennis approached me earlier this year just like most of the phone calls I get from telemarketers, but Dennis came in to see me in person and when I found out what he does and that he was local it pushed me over the edge to start because marketing is something I always knew I had to do eventually and with the solution and price that Dennis presented me, it was hard to pass up. So far Dennis has set the right expectations with me and delivered on everything he has told me thus far. He helped me design a logo, took care of the website design and everything looks better than I could have ever imagined compared to what I had prior to partnering with Hibu. As a small business owner, these are the kind of things we value is a trusted partner to help us grow.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Dennis Pimentel! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had the pleasure of working with Jen ** and I am happy to announce, she is the very best marketing specialist I have spoken to or worked with. As a lifelong master mason & the owner of Old Colony Masons, Quincy, Ma., I needed help with online marketing. After talking to an unlimited amount of marketing companies over the years, I finally found a true professional with Jen **. Jen is different than most digital marketers. She learned everything about the masonry contracting business before offering marketing advice to us. That was key in my opinion. How can a marketing company sell marketing without knowing you're business first?

What's most important to my businesses success she asked, driving people to my website or making the phone ring. "Making the phone ring", I replied. Jen certainly did that for us and a whole lot more. We now get people not only calling to schedule onsite estimates but customers scheduling through our online forms. Jen will help you to build an email database, the ability to sell without ever talking to your customer, she builds an easy method for customer to write testimonials & she will help you get reviews.

Jen increases your Google & Bing rankings quickly. We now are listed on top of search engines. I thought my website was great but Jen was able to upgrade that too and she made it interactive. My customers love that. She allows us to dictate our marketing budget, I dictate how much help we need with SEO, posts, blogs, analytics, etc. I'm no longer on a specific, made for everyone marketing plan. Jen set us up with helpful plug in's, she expanded our reach and she turned my already successful company into a booking machine.

If you think your marketing pro is doing a good job, call Jen **. She will surprise you with her knowledge, experience & her ability to grow a business. Jen is not a young kid trying to make their bones. She is a marketing master and she tailor builds a plan that will work for your individual business. Old Colony Masons highly recommends hiring Jen **. Let this incredible person take over your company's marketing and she will give you more than just a return on investment. She will literally grow your business from day one.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Big Shout out to Ryan at Hibu! He was easy to work with and helped get our website and ads running quickly. We have seen a big increase in traffic and customers with all they have done for us. Highly Recommended!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It really does mean a lot. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I signed up with a marking company on Feb 4th 2021, to increase my sales, website traffic and SEO. According to the agreement, HIBU was to build and switch my website over to a new platform that would meet the criteria to google SEO along with managing my local ranking, listing manager google Keyword SEO. The local sales rep assured me the new website would be ready for a first draft in 2 to 4 weeks. The sales rep that was supposed to work with me quit with HIBU in March and I was assigned another rep Brett. My first website draft was not until April and had numerous errors including grammar, incorrect information, pixelated pictures, duplicate photos, buttons that did not work and or mislabeled and nothing was consistent.

I was ensured the website would not go live until I approved the final version, however HIBU published the incorrect website WITHOUT my permission. Upon submitting a request to change the errors, HIBU team would only fix one or two at a time and only on the website platform, never on both the website and mobile platforms. I would ask Brett to do very simple changes such as delete extra blank spaces, and his response for almost everything is "That is not possible." So I began to do changes myself and took videos of what I was asking for. It is the last day of May and there are still grammar errors that I have asked to change multiple times.

Since HIBU switched my domain to their platform, my google SEO has dropped significantly due to incompetency of GLM. HIBU named them random names that DO NOT correspond to my business at all! HIBU assured me they would push five main keywords for google analytic purposes to drive website traffic. After two months of entering this agreement one of the keywords was incorrect and the other one was completely missing! Upon bringing these errors to HIBU, they begin to word stuff with one of the incorrect keywords. Hibu does not follow through after receiving payment and has 100% damaged my WOSB.

Hibu response

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu digital advertising. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve our concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Bethany was very friendly, attentive, and helpful with my account concerns. I would recommend Hibu based on my experience with her! I consider it a bonus as I was already satisfied with the service I receive on a monthly basis.

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Bethany! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 6, 2022

Hired HIBU to run my ads for and I have a full trail of emails asking them that they need to run my ads in my own Google ads account and Facebook ads account. When I asked for reviews from previous clients, they pasted 3 review screenshots (probably fake) in their email and were not able to give me the link to any independent website. They immediately charged my card $10,0000 and hooked me into a contract for 6 months. Red flags started to appear on day# 1.

-----------------

FACEBOOK AD - The "Facebook ad expert" they assigned to me by Hibu's project manager's own admission was the "lowest in the food chain". She literally clicked a few buttons here and there, dumped some stock photos in the ad and started running the ad. I was shocked by the incompetence of the ad copy. She even used a stock image (which I had only shown them as an example and clearly told them to not use it due to copyright issues). The ad was so bad that I could have hired a 5 year old and they would have done a better job, I promise. I complained to them and they quickly switched to defensive mode. Instead of admitting they have no idea how to run Facebook ads, they told me "we suggest you explore Google ads instead". I told them to immediately stop running the Facebook ads because I was shocked by their incompetence.

GOOGLE AD - They made some unauthorized changes to my Google profile which caused Google to suspend my profile and I am still struggling to get it unlocked. Although, the money was taken out on day one, the person assigned to run the Google ad for me did not do anything for the entire month. There was no communication and I had to keep pestering them for "status". The only clicks I have ever got from these ads are from SPAM BOTS. I still have an entire list of SPAM left by BOTs on the incompetent ads they created.

I blocked my card, but then came the constant harassing voicemails and a barrage of threatening emails claiming to sue me in court. How are these guys in business? How dare they try to rip people off like this? The amount of effort they are putting into threaten legal action, if they had just put it into doing the actual work I hired them to do, this situation wouldn't have arisen.

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Nishant. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Ryan has been great through the whole process. He explained everything clearly and made sure I understood, always answers my calls with any questions I have and is very polite. I would highly recommend him and the company to anyone that is looking into online marketing!

Hibu response

We’re thrilled you’ve had a positive experience! Thank you so much for sharing! Have a great day!

Hibu Company Information