Call toll free
3.91/5
Based on 276 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

711 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 13, 2018

Julie, our Hibu rep, has been very helpful with setting up our new website and has always been thorough, professional, and extremely knowledgeable in how to help our company increase its online presence and therefore customer traffic. I would not hesitate to recommend Hibu to any business wanting to be more visible online and increase customer flow.

Hibu response

Thank you Dee for giving Julie and Hibu the opportunity to assist your company with their online needs.

Hibu Customer Service

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2018

SUMMARY: We hired Hibu in early 2016 to manage our online presence and create a new website. Since then, results have been disappointing on all levels: amateurish design; canned communications; poor follow through with work left incomplete; no "customer" in customer service. In this world of automation, my experience is that Hibu has managed to finally automate the customer right out of its service (including the need to ever communicate with customers, much less pick up the phone). There was nothing in my interaction with anyone that was not proscribed by template, procedure, policy, or rules -- to the point of walking away and leaving work half finished.

DESIGN: Cookie-cutter product from templates, lots of pretty pictures, but no substance or imagination. Fine for simple consumer business in mass market; woefully inadequate for complex B-to-B market or specialized companies in niche markets. FOLLOW THROUGH: Website design: initial draft was so far off from instructions I needed to take charge; was rushed to upload incomplete version to meet some internal deadline; then told by our account rep that she was too busy to personally help us anymore and we were on our own to make additions/changes ourselves. Online presence: Still a mess after two year with even major directories still carrying outdated info. (By comparison, we had an amazingly good experience with another company who updated everything in less than a month.)

COMMUNICATIONS: Two years and not a single communication from Hibu (except invoices). Since requesting termination, it is seems Hibu never met a customer need that can't be handled with an automated canned email, all of which end with instructions to call them. Even after clearly communicating the reasons for termination, Hibu's reply was another automated email with instructions to "Please call so we can discuss the reasons for your termination." If you-- are a simple, consumer business with mass market appeal, Want a DIY platform, never want to communicate with a human being, then Hibu may be your thing. For us, it was simply not the right choice (and an experience neither Kafka nor Orwell could have scripted).

Hibu response

We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concern, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Resolution response: July 18, 2018

I spoke with Kris Geho today, and I am happy to say that she was able to resolve the issues on my account. I appreciate the quick response and actions that were taken by the Hibu team in regards to my account.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I consulted with Hibu on working with them to create my company website. Gemma ** was my representative, in our discussion I went through the entire process of getting my account setup, and I was told that I would not be charged ANYTHING until the website was completed. Before they even got started on my website, I found someone else and decided to go a different direction. Hibu never even started on my project, however I'm now being charged with a monthly fee by Hibu.

I talked to their customer service and they refuse to stop the charges and they won't allow me to cancel my own account. I don't understand how a company can continue to charge for a service that they are not providing and furthermore how is it that I, as the account holder, don't have the ability to cancel my own account. Also, I even offered to pay some money now just so I can cancel my contract and yet they still refuse to do this. Hibu is a terrible company with terrible customer service, I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use their services.

Hibu response

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2018

My company ** enlisted Yellowbook several years ago to list in their book. Each time they had gotten the address of the business wrong. I explained this matter several times without no change. I had canceled the service 2 years ago. We moved locations last year, I received an invoice in the mail that was forwarded from the other address, (which was wrong again), but this time the phone number is incorrect as well, since we moved. I immediately called, customer service is horrible, waited to find someone to help. Finally received a reply stating they would take 20% off the bill. JOKE! After about 5 times of stating this is not good enough and refusal to pay. I am now receiving calls from a law firm. Please take me to small claims court, You will lose. Funny thing is, now I look on their website and amazingly the listing is corrected.

Hello Todd,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to discuss.

7.12.2018

Hi Todd,

We are pleased that we were able to resolve this matter. Thank you for taking the time to work with us as we resolved this matter.

Customer Service Team

Original review: June 29, 2018

I just wanted to thank Ryan for all he has done for me. When Ryan walked into my store and offer me Google ad pages I was skeptical but he convinced me and I absolutely see the workflow increasing immensely. As a matter of fact I truly have too much work in my shop now. Ryan is very professional, and he explains things very thoroughly, and he's really good about following up. So thank you again Ryan.

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Mike! We're delighted to read that Ryan has been professional and thorough. This is good news that your website and search marketing is working so well for you.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 29, 2018

I am just astounded at how Hibu conducts business! I have called and emailed multiple times to resolve issues that are a serious problem and they rarely respond. When asked to connect me with management, they refuse. The sales rep misrepresented from the very beginning. Save yourself the time, money and trouble and find a company that has integrity!

Original review: June 27, 2018

VERY unhappy with "services". I'm new to business and marketing and the internet business in general. I thought I had explained my budget and what I needed. Come to find out it was all a LIE! It took me getting my attorney to write a letter to get one of the charges removed. NOW I'm getting email threats about $36 left over from the UNAPPROVED charge.

The 800 "customer service" number is a joke. No one knows anything. No one will help you. No one seems to be or know a supervisor. Oh, and billing, there is no department. I've asked for copies of the so-called voice approval contract. I keep getting hung up on. My attorney want a transcript. "We don't give those out." Um, do you realize the FEDERAL LAW states I receive a copy?

Then I get this monthly "click rate." I've yet to have anyone explain to me what it is. WHERE are my ads. I am supposed to have a customer service rep for my account. HA! If and actually get to talk to a person I get the runaround OR leave a message and NO ONE RETURNS my calls! I was billed for an ad campaign I didn't agree to. I had to CANCEL my credit card because I told them when I opened this account DO NOT CHARGE to that card. They LIED. I post a check monthly. THEY LIED. I'm very unhappy with them and their lack of interest in my account, business or me!

Hibu response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have. Thank you for working with me on this.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Dan ** did a great job explaining my HIBU advertising and has responded promptly to my questions for 3 yrs now. Call Dan for any questions or needs concerning your Yellow Book and internet listings. I have been a HIBU client for many years both before internet and after.

Original review: June 21, 2018

As a small business, we have been exploring a few advertising avenues and HIBU seemed promising. My sales associate was Dusty ** and after speaking to him about not being comfortable with a 6 month contract... I asked them if they would they be willing to do a 7 day trial, in which Dusty confirmed that would be possible. We agreed that it would not be free and that we would of course, pay them for that trial period and continue with the 6 month contract if we were satisfied. I gave cc verification by phone then was forwarded to a new associate, David **.

After 5 days I contacted David to let him know that we will discontinue service with our campaign as we got less than a 1% click rate over that period. This is when things really changed. I was told I’d get a call back, I was told that perhaps they could come to a resolution for a different monthly rate, etc. I never got that phone call back, I called both associates numerous times, sent emails, left VM’s, and received absolutely no response. Finally, I contacted the CS Dept. Ultimately, I was told that I was stuck in this 6 month contract and I was ineligible to cancel. It was confirmed by Russell that there was a note for a 7 day trial in our account but there was still nothing that they could do. I’m currently waiting for a manager to contact me to help me get this resolved. Will update in the future.

Hibu response

Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Steve is an exemplary salesman/account manager. Very knowledgeable regarding account information and current trends in the market. Always just a phone call away for anything I may need. Has been a major asset during our business relationship with Hibu. Frequently drops in and makes sure everything is going well. If we ever have a problem he always has a fix within a few minutes.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Hibu has been able to reach our patients with our easy to use website. If I do have any questions, their customer service is very knowledgeable and easy to get a hold of. I would... as a matter of fact, I have recommended people to Susan ** to help them with their website needs!

Hibu response

Robert- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that your website is working so well and that Susan has been great to work with.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Loved working with Lisa **. The marketing staff is very knowledgeable and very professional. I would recommend!! They make it super easy for my business to get the online traffic it needs!! 5 star!! I'm already noticing out of town customers frequenting the store!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We love working with Hibu and their team. Our website had been in the works for years and thanks to Hibu we now have it up and running. We have gotten so many new customers from the website since it has been up. Shellie and Sarah have been so helpful since the beginning and they have been there to answer any questions we have. They check up with us every once in a while to see what else we need assistance with and to go over any results from our website. They have made having a website so much easier and less stressing for us. We would recommend them to any other business trying to get out their online. They will make sure all your information is correct all over the internet and that your website works best for your business.

Olivas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We're happy that your website is working so well. We appreciate your kind words about Shellie and Sarah.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We at Texas Trailer Man have been a Susan ** customer since before Hibu's inception. We have enjoyed our relationship with Hibu and feel it has been a vital part of our companies successful exposure to the public. Susan ** is probably the best representative that Hibu could possibly want on your team. Susan is very understanding of the needs of small business, she is very caring, compassionate, and she sincerely wants to help her customers. She is persistent, however she is very patient and polite through the process. Thanks to Hibu for having Susan be our representative.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Bill! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with Susan and Hibu.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love working with Christian ** with HIBU. I went ahead and got my very first website with them and could not be happier. Since the website came live, I have made multiple changes that I wanted and they are always quick to respond and make changes for me! SO IMPRESSED! Thank you!

Original review: June 12, 2018

Brandy has went above and beyond to help us grow our business. She always takes time to explain to me how and why our web advertising program works, what we can do to improve our presence, costs and returns. I recommend her strongly to fellow business owners and feel blessed to have her on my team.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We have been working with Hibu for over a year now. We are so please with the services and customer service we have received. I credit all our satisfaction with the service to Tamanna **. As a representative she has been available, relevant and sooo helpful. We have remained with Hibu as a direct result of the ability to work with Tamanna; and her excellent service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I am so far very happy with Hibu and my rep Shellie. I am very excited about taking our business website and marketing to the next level. Although I always felt I could keep up with the web marketing Hibu has really got us covered so much more than I could have ever done alone. Two thumbs up!

Hibu response

Thank you Tammy for the feedback! So glad your website and marketing are working so well for your business.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Hibu and its online services has really helped our business for many years. My agent Shellie ** is the best, always does what she's promises and always looking out for me. I also like all the tools they have to help you understand where leads are coming from, very user friendly.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I had been trying to get a new website designed and implemented for about a year and was having trouble going about it myself. We had a HIBU representative stop in after working with another business in the area. She came in and presented her information in a manner that didn't pressure a decision and her dedication to helping a small business was impressive. I have been happy with the decision to work with her and HIBU and look forward to future endeavors.

Hibu response

This is great news Josh! We are happy that this worked out for you and your business.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: June 6, 2018

Shellie was very helpful during the entire process. As we built the perfect website together for my company. She was available to answer all my question's and had great ideas to offer! I would highly recommend her service to any business owner looking to improve traffic and update their website.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Setting up web page - I got to work with Anne ** and she was amazing. Made me feel comfortable with all the decisions that we made and at the end of the day I feel fortunate to have her as my Hibu contact person. Thank you for all your help.

Hibu response

Thank you Shane for taking the time to let us know your website is working for you and that Anne has been helpful.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: June 3, 2018

I am still getting people coming in from the phone book ads. My electronic ads are increasing my business quite a bit. Hibu continues to be my preferred advertising choice. Kathleen is a fantastic representative. She is very helpful and knowledgeable and always has good suggestions to improve my advertising strategy.

Hibu response

We are glad to hear things are going well for your business and the advertising is helping.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: June 1, 2018

Megan knows her stuff. She was fun to work with. I will definitely work with her in the future. I am pleased with my new services and look forward to doing more business with Hibu. I like the social marketing tools that Megan and her boss walked me through. Great use of GoToMeeting. Was a first for me and was extremely informative and fun. They answered all my questions.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Thanks Hibu for assisting with getting my website found online! My sales rep, Melisha, and her team has made it extremely easy for my website to be found in multiple communities throughout the greater Des Moines area through their SEO services. Website changes are done extremely quickly! Thanks for a great ROI!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Matt ** is a pleasure to work with and he gets the job done right. I needed guidance and help understanding internet advertising, he did it. We could not be happier with our website and our HIbu program. Business is better than ever. Thanks to Matt and his team.

Hibu response

Thank you Thomas for letting us know you are happy with your website package and display program.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: May 29, 2018

What I like about dealing with Hibu is that I can actually personally meet with their rep and we can exchange ideas of what might work. That certainly was not the case with their predecessor. I also like dealing with a rep with experience, which definitely was not the case with their predecessor.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Cris is the longest serving rep that we have with HIBU. He represents our company very well; we are quite conservative and old school. He has moved us into the mobile world to provide more appeal to the young set. We enjoy his lively demeanor and knowledge of both personalities and businesses. When he visits, we have his complete attention, on occasion he jumps in to provide an answer to a computer question or for sure info to resolve a web or account question.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am very impressed the way I am able to work with Christy ** and Scott ** for the bank campaign. HIBU has very important sales employees and do their best to be one on one with myself. Thank you for being a team.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I met a Hibu rep through a local business network meeting early December 2017. Her name is Lavina **. She represented that Hibu is a major social media marketer. She offered me one free month of service. She presented that if I am NOT happy with the service, I do not have to continue and can cancel the service. This is a very deceiving and fraudulent presentation as I learned and fought the company in the next 6 months trying to cancel the service.

We signed the agreement in early December with the goal to capture the holiday sales. I have followed up a few times around Dec. 13, 2017 to see where the first advertisement will appear. I was told that the ad copy will take more than two weeks to be ready. Then the first ad was finally released AFTER the holiday and the Ad was released WITHOUT our approval and the ad copy used a very outdated and wrong medical device to represent our state of the art, FDA approved laser device. We have made several requests to change the ad copy with no result. The nightmare started from there. We decided to cancel the service on Feb. 6, 2018. I texted and called my rep Lavina **.

Since then we have been fighting with the rep and the company to cancel the service without much luck. They continue to charge $599 per month for the AD that we DID not approve and asked for corrections with no luck!!! Please DO NOT be tricked by the company’s sales tactic that you will have one FREE trial month!!! This is a trap. My rep assumed me in person that if I am NOT happy with the service, she can cancel the service. She appears to make attempt to help me terminating the service by offering her supervisor’s direct contact info. I did call and was assured that the service is terminated. The sad news is, as of May 24, 2018, I am still receiving harassing emails from the company asking for payment. Lessons learned: DO NOT sign up for any services with HIBU!!! DO NOT be tricked into trying the one month free service!!! It is a trap!!!

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs