toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hibu

Great feedback Kristen! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with our products and services.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I have been a client of HIBU for many years and am very happy with all of their services. I have used many of their digital packages such as social, pay per click and SEO and still use the yellow pages. It is great getting the resources of a very large company but still having a local customer service representative.

Our account with Hibu is very low maintenance, the service practically runs itself. However, I like knowing that when I need assistance or wish to make any changes, we have an account rep assigned to our account. It's good to have someone I've worked with before. I look forward to my annual renewal visit with our sales rep - a genuine person who is excellent and matching Hibu services to the needs of her clients.

Great company to work with and Shane is very helpful to us in making our marketing decisions. Always innovative and gives a fresh look. Looking forward to the future with Shane and Hibu. I would definitely recommend Shane to other businesses.

Our representative was friendly and very helpful so was the support team. This was my first experience with a website and the Hibu team made it easy and we are very happy with the results and would recommend Hibu to friends.

My Hibu rep Shane has help us to get our name out to the public by using his experience. In return we have had more jobs. He is always responsive every time I've had questions about our service. We will continue to use your service!

Hibu has been great to work with on our website. We have people coming into our gaming parlor quite often mentioning they saw our website. The only online marketing we do is with Hibu and I would recommend them to ANYONE. Local passion from a national company.

Scott did an amazing job explaining the product and benefits of your companies services. He is a true professional. Scott know how to explain the product so people can understand it. I appreciate the time he took with me. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

The commitment by your company and mostly my account manager Michelle has been the best service I have ever seen. Michelle has taken my account that was a disaster made by another company and turned it around in record time. My listings are up in the top ranks when I thought there was no hope. She has worked tirelessly day & night on my account and is always available with a happy voice. This is the most hard working, nicest person I have ever met.

I was contacted by Sarah ** to discuss the renewal of my company's HIBU ads. She did an extraordinary job of suggesting and explaining the value of marketing our website. I decided to try the HIBU service to facilitate customer reviews of our business through Google, Facebook, YELP, etc. I am anxious to implement this service and measure the results. Kudos to Sarah.

Hibu

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Linda. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have had a heck of a time getting Hibu to let go of us... They are demanding a copy of a lengthy contract of sale... Why they can't accept page one showing the sale is beyond me. What makes them think I work for them? I was told I should redact items I don't want them to see from my contact of sale. Hibu can't be serious. They are very nice when selling you ad space... Not so when you are trying to get away from them. They have done things they are "not supposed to do" according to a collections department employee (where you need to go to cancel) and how is that my fault or my problem??? WTH... Think long and hard about being involved with Hibu. This is based on my personal experience only, but it has been about as stressful as anything I have had to deal with lately. Shame on Hibu!!!

Mr. ** initiated contact with our office at just the right time - our website had gone down and we were in need of help. He was present, available, and helpful with all of our needs. When we had some technical difficulty with Hibu getting our online payment option set up, Rod stepped in and made sure the job was done correctly. He stayed involved in the process but was not pushy - we appreciated his help, guidance and knowledge. Thanks Rod!

We have seen an immediate increase in our online reviews. The program works easily and effortlessly for customers. We let them know we want to hear any and all comments. They have all been excellent. We are happy to share the reviews with our customers on our website. The program is affordable and it works.

I am happy and very satisfied with the service of highly professional Hibu and care recommend it. The web page is great. My business is grown up is a lot better. My Customers is very impressed. The description of my business is perfect. I recommend for you.

Julie is wonderful to work with! She provided us with all the information we needed to make the decisions that best fit our company. Also, Julie was able to physically show us online the areas where we were lacking and how her services will benefit our growing business. We are looking forward to our growing relationship with her and Hibu!

I have been a Hibu client for almost 5 years. From designing my site, updating and make sure I have a great online presence, Hibu has been amazing. The stress of having a well constructed, customer friendly website is not a stress at all when you have Hibu. Best customer service!!! I love working with everyone at Hibu. They are knowledgeable, professional and helpful. My business has been very successful since hiring Hibu and working with their team.

Advertising with Hibu has always been a priority with me. They do a great job of getting my company, Hillyard Tire Center's name into the public conscience. Hibu is always easy to deal with as they have great representatives who take time to learn your business and relay that to the general public.

Hibu

Hi David, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Search campaign. We appreciate your feedback and would like to assist you with the concerns you have raised. Someone from our customer service

team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

First I want to say when I originally chose Hibu to head my advertising campaign I was very happy. The salesperson Libi was great. I was always able to call her with any problems or questions and always resolved them and had answers for all my questions. Libi went on maternity leave and things quickly went downhill. I've left multiple messages with no response. Her workload was given to someone else and my patience has run out. Here's the problem. When someone searches a company with any of my AdWords campaign key words my ad comes up first. Great you would think but not when half my calls are wrong numbers which I have to pay for and also burns up my advertising budget which stops the ads from coming up. This has been ongoing for months.

Libi said all we have to do is add negative keywords to my campaign, so anytime I got a wrong number I would text her with the name of the company. Well this never worked. To this day I search any company with landscaping in it there my ad is. Furthermore I've never received any refund for all those wrong number clicks. I'm a small landscaping business spending 2000$ a month. I've recently had to lay 2 employees off and in the last 2 weeks have gotten 2 legit calls and 4 wrong numbers. I will be canceling my advertising campaign reluctantly. The "investigation" has not produced any results or refunds of the money I work very hard to earn. The click to call numbers on my monthly statements look great, unfortunately they're not correct.

Excellent!! I am very pleased with the work done by the Hibu team and sales rep Jason **. My new website is perfect and I love that I have access to edits anytime that I want. Jason was very knowledgeable and explained everything clearly. Anytime I have a question he is there with the answer!

I have full faith in my HIBU Advertising Rep. Kathy is local and stops in several times throughout the year, always returns phone calls promptly. She knows what I am looking for and always has suggestions for the next level. If I ask for some changes, she is there to fix them. The first half of this year, I don't believe I have ever been as busy... Made the change from the BIG Y to HIBU and that change, I believe has worked out! The charts, graphs and SPECIFIC data, targeting my customers is astounding! Very personal with MY SPECIFIC NEEDS!!! Thumbs up! Look forward to better things. Thanks Kathy!

Jason **, my account executive has been fantastic in every way. In fact he has far exceeded our expectations in both professionalism and knowledge of product. Because of him he has helped to put our business on the track of sustainable growth.

Mine was the unusual situation of less marketing as I retire but need for some web presence. Seda was a great listener about those specialized needs and was gracious in finding a less expensive solution for me. The website design team and the digital marketing consultant whom Seda brought into the conversation were also very helpful and professional.

Hibu

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Laurie. I’m glad we were able to discuss your concerns and find a resolution. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My problem started day one - I had a program website and I was told I have to register with Google, Yelp, Bing, etc. I thought this sounded logical and I proceeded to fill out all the paperwork, pay a monthly fee. My sales rep said, you can do this for about 6 months to really get site started to be recognized. So after 6 months I called billing to cancel and I was told I had signed up for a year - I never received one single contract or actual piece of paper. My poor business decision. Ok it's one year contract no problem. It should be helpful to have listing posted or whatever they are supposed to be doing. And then I got a notice from Google that my listing was suspended. So I called and was told - you have to submit proof of business. I explained this isn't a business it's a program, I thought I was registering the website not the actual business. So there has not been a clear resolution in 3 months.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to pay a fee. Ok my bad - at least my listing should show up Yelp, Yahoo, Bing - and if it does it's the wrong address. (I asked for address not to be listed since this is a virtual program.) My sales rep never returns my call. When I ask for a supervisor, I'm told they will call back, and they never do. I call about once per month when the bill comes in. I would NEVER use this service again and NEVER recommend it. It's a lot to get your service listed in all the right places, haven't found a service to help yet. The sales pitch & concept was great - the implementation unprofessional and poor quality.

Mike ** is a excellent sales rep. He has surpassed our expectations. We have and will continue to refer him to our fellow company owners. We are very pleased with our website and we're sure you will be also. Thank you again Mike!

I have been pleased with the hosting of our web page. It has been fast and accurate. I would recommend it to other business. It is economical. I am a small business and need all the exposure I can get. Thank you.

I would like to thank Mr. Duwayne **, my sales rep, for helping me with this process! He has been very efficient and has answered all my questions about going digital! A good salesman always completes the job and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy! Thank you Duwayne!!!

Kathy **, our Hibu representative, has been amazing! She helped us choose a marketing solution that was best for our budget and growth strategy. Our social media ads now look very professional and really target the right audience. Would recommend Hibu and Kathy ** to any other small businesses that are looking to grow their online marketing campaigns.

We love Lauryn **. Ever since the first day we spoke on the phone with her till this day. She is very helpful and friendly. She gets things done and always seems to go the extra mile. Because of her I would recommend this company to others. Keep it up Lauryn, you are a rock star.

Emma has done a great job setting us up with a great marketing plan. She has kept in contact with us and made changes as soon as we needed them. I am referring her to another business that may need her services.

Hibu

We've made several attempts to contact you to review your hibu advertising concern. Your feedback is important to us.Please call hibu Customer Service at 800-929-3556, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm EST.

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with the Yellowbook. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the

experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Honestly, I am not sure of the Hibu value when it comes to advertising any longer. Yellow pages are not used by many people and most people I know do not go to many search engines to find what they want. Maybe Hibu gets us on a few social media type sites and I see the report but have never had anyone tell us they found us on Hibu or a Hibu link.

I am very pleased with the service that Mike has provided in getting our website up and running. Mike is professional, detail-oriented, and he delivers as promised. After trying to build and maintain the company website on my own, it is a great relief to have Mike's expertise managing the site. Thank you!

Hibu

David, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Decided to try the Hibu Facebook ad campaign. Huge waste of money. The ads are the same all the time and are generic and boring. I'm embarrassed to have them represent my business. No way to get out of the contract either.

Hibu

We have attempted several times without success to contact you regarding your Consumer Affairs Review. It is our wish to answer your inquiry in a timely and satisfactory manner, so we ask that you contact our Customer Service Department at 1.877.899.1228. We can be reached Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST. As soon as we receive your call, we will be happy to review your inquiry.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have found 2 instances, when a local business discontinued Business display advertising, no longer was the simple category listing with phone number in the following issues. I have also found that local businesses do not appear in Hibu book, even though they have been in ATT YP for decades. This is true for above mentioned ex-advertisers, that are still in business, and still listed in ATT YP, even without display advertising. I hope I have covered all issues, as I know Hibu will try to excuse this by trying to find some other lame reason for not including these listings. I believe this could be payback for ex-advertisers, for daring to cancel Hibu. Therefore, I am downsizing my ad, in preparation for other advertising. This in no way criticizes my Rep, Ivan **, who has been very helpful and patient.

Hibu Company Profile