4.54/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

605 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Susan and I met to discuss advantages for increasing my company's online presence. She came to the meeting with a very good grasp of what my company has to offer and patiently took the time that I needed to explain everything until I understood the different options available for my company.

Hibu response

Thank you for your comments, Bill. Glad Susan was thorough and that you understood the various options we offer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Susan is the BEST. We have been with her since Yellow Book has started up here. Good Listener and always has creative ways to increase our presence in the market. Yellow Book/HIBU is our only paid advertising. It's nice to be working with the same person assisting us with our advertising for MANY Years.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Hibu has been easy to work with as a business partner. Always trying to keep us up to date on the current things in technology and letting us know what is new in the industry whether it is with our phone ads or internet products.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I am pleased working with Susan ** and for helping my business grow with Hibu. What separates Susan from the other calls I've received was, the fact that Susan wanted to meet in person and not transfer me to another department to sign me up. Susan takes the time to listen and explain. I'm very glad I took a chance with Hibu.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Hibu did an incredible job giving our business essential information on growing, advertising, and becoming more of a digital media presence. Anita **, Account Executive, is the person we almost exclusively dealt with and she is top notch. We highly recommend using her if she is available to help.

Hibu response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive experience with Hibu.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I paid for ads through Hibu and Google AdWords. Apparently Hibu funnels the clicks to a separate domain and does not allow us to review true data generated from these clicks... ie IP addresses. Hibu provides us a weekly report but this data could be false and we just have to trust them with the analysis. I have asked Hibu to provide us with AdWords account and Facebook account sign ins but they have refused to call me back. This poor service has caused a lot of distrust and I plan to cancel my account.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I signed up for Hibu website over two years now, salesperson was nice and helpful, walked me through the process of getting my website ready to go and we ended up making changes to the design a few times. He also said that after 2 years the entire website would be redesigned without any cost to me, the YouTube video also to be redesigned without any cost. To be able to use their email service was very difficult, had to call support several times to get that thing running as promised. All this time I have no control of my website nor the social media platform such as Facebook page.

Called them several times and still had no solution to my issues. My patience with Hibu is running out, I am about to call them to cancel my subscription. Today I spent 40 minutes with a support agent, she tried a bunch of things with no results. At last she said they will resolve this problem in 5 business days. So, I will sit and wait. If no solution is made, they will lose my business for sure.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Our daycare has had all the business that we can handle and we believe that it is from our advertising with HIBU. We have now started a waiting list for the first time in our 32 year history. Our success has been phenomenal! We would recommend HIBU for anyone wanting good results.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was given Hibu's name by a person who knew one of the local Hibu representatives in town. The Hibu representative Leslie ** started off fantastic, she was friendly, sounded as though she knew the products inside and out and was willing to offer help whenever we needed it. I signed up for Hibu Reviews, Wave Add On, Social Standard and Display Ads. From the beginning it was very obvious that this company is HUGE and there is a lot of disconnect between departments (as in, there is no communication whatsoever), you might as well be working with different companies.

Let's start with the display ads, we were under the impression that our display ads would be on search engines like Google because Hibu partners with them, Leslie even pointed out that this partnership is incredibly difficult to accomplish so it was a big deal. Well, your ads don't go on Google, they go on really obscure websites that throw a bunch of ads on the bottom of the screen that nobody sees or even cares about. Hibu then messed up our link so any clicks on that display ad were going to my company's main website versus my local website. This does absolutely zero good and defeats the purpose. This product is not cheap and generated ZERO leads for us. I started advertising with Google directly which generated a substantial amount of leads and costs a quarter of the price. Plus you can easily monitor everything yourself and make changes easily.

Next, Hibu's social ads. This is paying to advertise on Facebook. We were told this would be advertisements to the side of the screen on desktops or in the feed for mobile uses that shows our banner ad that people can click on. This would then link over to our Facebook page. Again, not correct. Hibu uses another obscure tool to get referrals versus linking over to your Facebook page, we received 2 leads and both numbers associated to these leads were disconnected. They tried using their own ads which was never agreed upon because all of our advertisements have to be approved by our legal department prior to being used. I then said they needed to send me their ads so I can get them approved which they never did. Again, you can easily advertise on Facebook for a quarter of the price and have your banner ad that links over to your page. It's so easy!

Lastly, the Hibu Reviews. This is a joke!! We were told that Hibu reviews gives you a website that you send your customer, they fill out a rating/comment then that review is pushed to Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc. False. You send your customer to this website then they have to have manually sign in (or create an account) to ALL of these platforms to write a review for each one. So, you are actually making them go through extra steps to write you a review. The best part of this is that I complained about my service then I was getting reviews on my Hibu Reviews page (that we weren't even using) giving us 5 stars from random people.

With our business we know every single person we work with because we work with them for 30-60 days. 2 of the reviews came from a Joe **, one of which was from a Gmail account but the other was from his Hibu account. He ended up being a friend/co-worker of our account representative Leslie. This was blatant fraudulent activity to boost our reviews because we were unhappy with their service. This could be extremely damaging to our reputation in our small community and can lead to loss of business where our work ethic/integrity is the reason why our business is so successful.

It then took over a month to get our account cancelled and I am still waiting for a refund for that time period. Also, if you want refunded for anything additional to that they want you to sign a legal document saying that Hibu did nothing wrong and you "and" your company along with its employees can never come after them for ANYTHING! It's completely insane. Hibu's employee committed fraud by falsely inflating our reviews because we were unsatisfied with their service. This employee also still has his job which is crazy.

The point of all of this, do not use this company and definitely don't get into a contract. If a company has a service that's actually useful that people want to use you will find that contracts don't exist, you pay as you go. Even with the fraud it was still incredibly difficult to cancel the other products with the company because "no fraud" was committed on those products. Avoid this nightmare. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Jennifer ** is an awesome representative of your company. She never has steered me in the wrong direction for my business and my advertising. I recommend her 100%. With a limited advertising budget and less than stellar knowledge of the social media these days she advises me in the ways that I need to make my business grow.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We were given a very hard sell by Danette ** to try out their digital marketing platforms. Not only did she talk over us and not listen, she promised us several times that we would be able to cancel the services with a 30-day notice. We weren't allowed to see a contract or breakdown, instead asked to sign a verbal one. We went ahead and have been unable to reach Danette through several emails and voicemails. Not only is she no longer our rep, but we haven't received an email from the new rep who doesn't have a direct line, so at this point I'm not sure whom to reach out to. I have spoken with a customer service rep who has said we have a six month contract and so now I find that we will need to get an audio file to hear the verbal contract. This company is not to be trusted.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I just wanted to take a minute to rate my recent experience with Mr. Hugo ** and Maria ** from Hibu. Thanks to them, the creation of my website was a very smooth and pleasurable process from beginning to end. They assisted me every moment during my experience and they were nothing but professionals and knowledgeable. I really appreciated and I highly recommend them, definitely I will use them for my upcoming projects.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Met with rep. Filled out the required forms then sign a contract only that it wouldn't be submitted until I have approved it at a later date. Both myself and the rep agreed to this verbally. We agreed that I was to call her and to submit the forms or not to submit the forms. So when it was time to call. I called contact # and no one answered and I called again and no answer. I left message that I didn't want to proceed with program and that she should delete my info from Hibu. Then I get the bill of course. I was lied to by rep. and I sign a contract under false pretenses. And still I haven't even seen anything done that was promised.

Hibu response
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we
will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue

with your recent purchase.

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu Reviews and Claiming and Listing products. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have tried to cancel an ad for over 2 years. Two years ago when the ad came for renewal, I decided not to renew it. Then I received an invoice in the mail and I was told that I had somehow been set up for auto-renewal without my knowledge. I ended up paying for an ad I didn't want but asked them to cancel my auto-renewal so that I wouldn't have to renew the ad. The phone rep told me she canceled it. Then 7 months ago, I called to verify that the ad had been canceled and confirmed the cancellation. Just to be sure, I emailed customer service to verify that the both the ad and auto-renewal had been canceled and received an email confirming this. Today I received an invoice for that same ad that apparently is again renewed without my knowledge. This is unacceptable.

Hibu response
Hello Sheri, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Siskiyou County, CA 2016-2017 yellowbook!
We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service

team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Siskiyou County, CA 2016-2017 directory. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My most sincere thank you to all of the great people at HIBU who contributed to the creation of my new website. My special thanks to my Sales Rep, Kent **, who truly cares about the successful potential of my small company and Ray ** who coordinated the creation and development of what has to be one of the most beautiful and functional websites that you will find online. HIBU is definitely a 5 Star Company. They are real pros and are cost effective enough that a small business like mine can afford their services.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Stacy does such a good job explaining things and how it can help our business grow. She is always smiling and easy to get along with. HIBU has a lot to offer new businesses or businesses that have been around for a while.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have advertised in the past with yellow page ad companies including Hibu. This year 2017 I have decided not to put my ads in the local phone book. I have not received good response from this type of ads for the last couple of years. Each year Hibu will call to ask me renew my ad. In the past I renewed by phone with voice authorization and also via email when I have approved the ad content.

This year I did not approve ANY ad from Hibu, I DID NOT receive ANY email from Hibu asking me to approve the ad content for the yellow page advertising. Today I spoke with Hibu and I could not get a word in without the rep talking over me and not once did they listen, I finally hung the phone up. The phone call was really out of line, extremely rude and poor customer service. I asked them to send any copy of my approval of the content and all they have done is sent a standard contract from last year 2016. Nothing for 2017 with my written or voice approval. I would not recommend Hibu in the future for anyone. I had hoped this would be resolved but they seem not to care. Can't believe they are still in business when treating people like this. I will update this review as this progresses.

Hibu response
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jim. We apologize for your recent

experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with addressing your concerns. Thank You

October 3, 2017 Jim, I'm glad that we were able to address your concerns. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Our Representative, Shane was very helpful with our marketing needs and with the decisions that we made to advertise our business in the best way possible. He was very knowledgeable, and I would recommend Hibu for any of your advertising needs.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have always been happy with my rep, Heather. She has always been easy to work with and has made easy connections with the website design department, changes or updates that need to be made. The only reason I didn't rate a five is when the design team chose a photo that wasn't in their "stock library" and the photographer was trying to press charges. The HIBU team did not want to take any responsibility for this mistake and it was partially our fault. It got resolved but it is something I'm not satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Our biggest issue with Hibu throughout our contract but especially at first were the ads. Their staff that writes the posts clearly does not understand the jewelry industry, and the ads were not well written and sometimes inappropriate. Fortunately, our representative, Patrick **, was able to quickly make corrections to both the pictures and written material. We asked him to use our regular Facebook posts and then boost them appropriately. I had to contact Patrick at least once a month to make corrections. We are very grateful to him, because without him, our investment would have been wasted. We were also disappointed that more people did not provide the reviews as we had hoped. We handed out the little cards, and we even stamped every customer receipt with the link information. Few people responded.

Hibu response
Hi Al, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience you had with Hibu Social Classic and Hibu Reviews. We’ll schedule someone from our

customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Social Classic program . We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we couldn’t resolve your concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Great company to work with and Shane is very helpful to us in making our marketing decisions. Always innovative and gives a fresh look. Looking forward to the future with Shane and Hibu. I would definitely recommend Shane to other businesses.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Our representative was friendly and very helpful so was the support team. This was my first experience with a website and the Hibu team made it easy and we are very happy with the results and would recommend Hibu to friends.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My Hibu rep Shane has help us to get our name out to the public by using his experience. In return we have had more jobs. He is always responsive every time I've had questions about our service. We will continue to use your service!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Hibu has been great to work with on our website. We have people coming into our gaming parlor quite often mentioning they saw our website. The only online marketing we do is with Hibu and I would recommend them to ANYONE. Local passion from a national company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Scott did an amazing job explaining the product and benefits of your companies services. He is a true professional. Scott know how to explain the product so people can understand it. I appreciate the time he took with me. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The commitment by your company and mostly my account manager Michelle has been the best service I have ever seen. Michelle has taken my account that was a disaster made by another company and turned it around in record time. My listings are up in the top ranks when I thought there was no hope. She has worked tirelessly day & night on my account and is always available with a happy voice. This is the most hard working, nicest person I have ever met.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was contacted by Sarah ** to discuss the renewal of my company's HIBU ads. She did an extraordinary job of suggesting and explaining the value of marketing our website. I decided to try the HIBU service to facilitate customer reviews of our business through Google, Facebook, YELP, etc. I am anxious to implement this service and measure the results. Kudos to Sarah.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have had a heck of a time getting Hibu to let go of us... They are demanding a copy of a lengthy contract of sale... Why they can't accept page one showing the sale is beyond me. What makes them think I work for them? I was told I should redact items I don't want them to see from my contact of sale. Hibu can't be serious. They are very nice when selling you ad space... Not so when you are trying to get away from them. They have done things they are "not supposed to do" according to a collections department employee (where you need to go to cancel) and how is that my fault or my problem??? WTH... Think long and hard about being involved with Hibu. This is based on my personal experience only, but it has been about as stressful as anything I have had to deal with lately. Shame on Hibu!!!

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Linda. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Mr. ** initiated contact with our office at just the right time - our website had gone down and we were in need of help. He was present, available, and helpful with all of our needs. When we had some technical difficulty with Hibu getting our online payment option set up, Rod stepped in and made sure the job was done correctly. He stayed involved in the process but was not pushy - we appreciated his help, guidance and knowledge. Thanks Rod!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We have seen an immediate increase in our online reviews. The program works easily and effortlessly for customers. We let them know we want to hear any and all comments. They have all been excellent. We are happy to share the reviews with our customers on our website. The program is affordable and it works.

Hibu Company Information