Call toll free
3.40/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

743 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I can always count on Joy to keep me and our business current with the ever changing advertising environment. Joy knows what products that will be productive for our business and which ones that are not. She has access to a team of professionals, all of which have been exceptional to work with and have produced their work in a timely manner.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

90th & Maple Self Storage has been with Hibu since 2006. We have been very satisfied with their pricing, advertising, website, and their customer service. Also, we cannot thank Cory ** our Representative enough for all his help throughout the years!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our rep, Marissa was very knowledgeable in explaining the process. Just haven't seen that our website has been "secured" as of yet. But the gentleman I had to speak with on the phone was pleasant as well, but I had to answer a lot of what I thought were unnecessary questions being it was just an upgrade to have our site be secure, everything was the same.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

After refusing to sign up for a big monthly contract with them, the salesman convinced me to sign up for a $90 site example. What I didn't know until he left is that the contract had me signed up for several thousand a month in the fine print! I only agreed to the $90 to get the salesman to leave! Also just heard from a friend that had been with Hibu for several months and spent around $2000 a month and got no business from it! Unreal! I have finally turned to my lawyer because Hibu has refused to close the contract that they tricked me into. My advice, stay as far away from them as possible!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We have been working with Cory at Hibu for many years, and we enjoy working with him. He is very informative and easy to work with. Because we are a smaller law firm, our advertising budget is limited, and we feel we are receiving good value for the money spent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I am very thrilled with the service I have received from Hibu. From the moment we launched our website and digital marketing campaign with Hibu our business has seen fantastic results. Our incoming call volumes increased and our business has grown directly as a result to our website and advertising. The personalized service and availability make working with Hibu simple and easy. I definitely recommend them to anyone who wishes to grow their business and increase their market share. Thanks to everyone at Hibu for the great work! Keep it up!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

They said that they will advertise my company on Google and will get a whole lot of business by phone calls. It’s been 3 weeks and I haven’t got a single phone call, I asked them why it’s not working? They said it takes a while, it takes months for the search engines to get used to if your website! They lied to me in the first place, they never said this in the beginning, they already made a bill of $1063.00 for no results. They are scammers, stay away from them. Don’t listen to anything they say! Very, very, very pissed off on them.

Hibu response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Hibu Search Standard! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I’m extremely pleased with the service I have received from Rod **. I’m a small business with a not a big budget. Rod walked me through the process on how everything would work. He made me feel comfortable with putting in the investment and worked on the site till I was completely satisfied. Wonderful customer service.

Hibu response

Thanks for the feedback on Rod. So glad that you are happy with your website.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

HIBU prepared and published a website and charged my credit card monthly. After a few years I sold my business and have been trying to cancel the website and the monthly charge for the last two years! I may have to cancel my credit card in order to stop the charge and will probably never get reimbursed! Customer service were polite and all assured me the charge would stop but none of them contacted me after our initial conversation even though they assured me they would.

Hibu response

9/18/19 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving the issue you are having.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I started with Hibu with the understanding that I had a six month contract. After the first five months I was moderately satisfied and called to see if I could suspend services for the months I was closed being a seasonal ski shop. I thought I could possibly save money on the start up costs rather than start all over. I was told that they would check into it. I never heard from my account contact person. A month goes by and my contract is up and I notice I am still being billed so I then called my rep who was local and told them that I was still being billed for services after being closed. He said "That's strange. We set that up for a six month contract." "I will see what we can do about getting you a refund." I then realized I had been charged for two months past my contract of six months. Wow $515.00 for two months. That is a ton of money for a small family business that is closed for the season!

Now I am calling Hibu back as I never heard back from my local rep who was working on a remedy. They tell me they understand my plight and will cancel the service and need to get a recorded voice authorization in order to do so. Then ask me if I had ever been asked to do so in the past. I said "no but I did ask if my services could be suspended until I reopen. Do you see the notes on my account?" A pause later she says "I don't see anywhere in the notes saying that." Then informs me that it is the policy of Hibu that in order to cancel services you need to go through the voice recorded process she had performed. I am upset now! I am out over a thousand dollars and no chance of ever getting return on my money. Marketing being done while I am closed for the summer!

I go to my bank because I have little in the business account and will have to put the charge on credit costing me more! I dispute the charge! My bank reverses the charge and I feel like I may be done. Not so! I received a letter from my bank today stating they will be charging back 515.00 on 9-18-2018. It also states that I canceled on 8-10-2018 and was invoiced on 7-11-2018 therefore responsible for all invoices generated before cancellation. I have been reading as I was directed to the Hibu legal pages paragraph 25 (d). (d) By execution of the Agreement, the signer of the Agreement personally and individually undertakes and assumes, jointly and severally with the business on whose behalf the individual is signing, the full performance of the Agreement including payment of amounts due under the Agreement.

I would like to know where does it say that I will be charged monthly indefinitely until I perform a verbal or written request even though I only signed up for six months? I hope someone reads this that will make it right for me and my family. This is money we could use to pay bills, buy food, open up for the next season. I also hope I am back righting a review saying this company is ethical and is doing the right thing earning my business back. If not buyer BEWARE!!! One last note: I do remember signing the agreement on a mobile device and was told that it was all normal legal stuff. A contract for six months!

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Michael. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

They're basically stealing my money by not canceling my account. I opened the account and was told I have seven days to cancel but when I tried to close it they refused so I am stuck with a 400 dollar bill for no service. These guys are con artist skimming for a buck. Don't waste your time.

Hibu response

9/13/18 Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Anthony. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I recently contacted Hibu to assist in helping me grow my online store. Joseph ** was the rep that I dealt with. He was very rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable with how he spoke to me. I had intentions on returning after the holidays, but after my terrible experience with Joseph I will never look back. I have never been spoken to by any sales rep like the way he spoke to me. He’s very good at talking but terrible on how to resolve issues.

Hi Chanel,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had and we’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you in order to address your concerns.

9.20.2018

Hi Chanel,

Thank you for your patience while we addressed the concerns that you raised. We are glad that we were able to resolve the matter.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

After my experience I do not see how any of the previous 5 star reviews are real. I get called and visited 2 sometimes 3 times a day. Shown lots of great examples, how fast and easy it would be for them, and a dozen promises of all the services they can provide. As soon as I signed they became nonexistent. Phones calls were never returned, and with others the voice mail boxes were full. 4 hours before my "launch date" I get "my product". All the pictures they promised to take, all the layouts they insisted would help me, turned out to be a handful of pictures they ripped off of Google and Facebook from 5 years ago and of a location I haven't had in 2 years.

The only thing that saved me, was I was still within my 7 day cancellation period. They didn't even choose to respond to my email messages when I asked what they were doing using old out of date photos. If you are desperate and think you need to use this company, just make sure you get everything promised before the cancellation deadline. It is the only protection you have against this type of con. I made it by only 4 hours. I think they figure sending my proofs at 2 AM would catch me, lucky for me it didn't.

Hibu response

Pam, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday. The information you provided is valuable to help us create the best experiences we can for our customers. The information has been relayed appropriately. I am sorry things did not work out between your business and Hibu, but again thank you for your time and feedback.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We met a regional account executive at a trade show in Pittsburgh that offered his services for our Google account. As a small business, with a specialized product, we were apprehensive to sign on with Hibu. We specifically said that we only wanted to start with a "3 month" contract to see if they help improved our advertising campaign. After 3 months, our sales decreased by over 20% and we found that Hibu did not understand our product and/or represent it correctly with our campaign and therefore asked to cancel the service after 3 months. As soon as we contacted our account executive, he said he would cancel our campaign. He then three days later did not and said we needed to pay a cancellation fee and/or were under contract for 6 months. He said our product and website were stupid and that I should be a "man" about it.

We never signed any contract and/or verbally agreed to anything beyond three months. After contacting customer service multiple times and speaking to the account executives "manager" we were ensured they would cancel the account in one month and not charge us again. We were charged for another month and our ads are still up, therefore, showing they have still not canceled our service. We have called the customer service line multiple times with no avail to speak to someone higher up. As a small business that depends on their online advertising it is extremely disappointing that such a large company is taking advantage of us. At this point, it looks like we will have to seek legal counsel to resolve the situation.

Luke,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with Hibu. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the

experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to discuss this matter further.

The Hibu Team 9.4.2018

9.17.2018

Good afternoon Luke,

We have attempted to reach you but have not yet received a return call. If you would like to discuss this matter, please call us at the number provided in our voicemails.

Regards,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been in business for 23 years and I have advertised in Yellow Book for about 18 years and online with Hibu for about 8 years. Leah has been my sales representative for most of those years. She has always been kind, honest, and given me GREAT service and GREAT advice. My business has done very well using Yellow Book and Hibu. I am never shy about recommending them to business people I know.

Hibu response

Congratulations Claude on 23 years in business! That is quite an accomplishment. We appreciate you recommending us to others.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We are very happy with our new website and the business it has brought us so far. Kathy has been very attentive before, during and after. Her patience and attention to detail have helped me to feel comfortable and know we made the right decision in switching to Hibu. I would definitely recommend to a friend! Thank you!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback Tami and are glad that the website is working so well for your business.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I never wanted service but the rep Leah ** lied about everything and cost me money for nothing. Total scam really. Sales reps don't want to sell this garbage according to her but management forces to sell services. They will promise you a easy process but will abandon you to speak to a third world customer care named " Ice **." Really really disgusting company and service.

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Sam. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. However, you did not provide any account information. Can you give us your billing phone number so that we can locate your account? Once we have that, someone from our team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist you.

8/30/2018

Good morning Sam,

We have reached out via email to request your account information. However as of today’s date, no response has been received. Unfortunately, without knowing your account information, we are unable to address the concerns you have raised. If you would like us to review this matter, please respond to the emails. We look forward to hearing from you and resolving your concerns.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

After being a customer with HIBU for 9 years I sold my business. Once I notified them of change of ownership they told me I was still responsible for the future bill because the last contract I signed, they said was an auto-renewal in the fine print. I asked for special consideration and requested a compromise to settle the entire bill for a little over 50% of the balance. They were not willing to concede. They made no attempt to keep me as a customer at my new location as their competitors did, willfully (Thank you Dexmedia and Vival). They wanted blood, not a customer.

Hibu response

8/24/2018Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Gregg. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. However, you did not provide any account information. Can you give us your billing phone number so that we can locate your account? Once we have that, someone from our team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist you.

Good afternoon Gregg,

We have not received a response to our contact attempts. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience. We have sent you a private message explaining our position on your account. If you have any questions, please call the number in the email that we sent you.

Regards,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was a client for 2.5 years. I thought this company was doing search engine optimization. In reality they only make sure your hours of operation, phone and address are correct. I called and canceled and was told that I couldn't do that. They continued to charge my card until the card expired. Now they are trying to "take me to collections" for the 29.00 that they tried to charge my expired credit card. Do not use this company. They are a scam. They are not reputable.

Hibu response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Hibu Listings Management Service! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I cancelled my account after I had completed my annual contract and the company continues to bill me and continue the service after my written request and confirmation of cancellation. When I contact the company for a refund I am told that the billing department cannot issue a refund because there is no credit on my account and the service department states that is billing that must process any credit and refund!

Hibu response

Hello Abigail. We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu SEO! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Hibu was doing the marketing for a company we purchased, just very basic stuff. We needed to up our marketing and online presence so we contracted with them for the added services. What a disaster, they have not done any of the work but threaten to send us to collections if we don’t pay. They offered to reduce the bill by half, why would we owe anything, they have not performed the services they’re charging us for. Looking at the reviews it seems a class action lawsuit might be in order. Any attorneys out there need to take a look at this company!

Hibu response

8/28/18 Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Wow, so rude it's even laughable. A Hibu representative reached out to me through my website **. We have a chat box on there. He sent me message, introduced himself, and then explained the services that they offer. He sent me an email, and by the time I went to check the email, I got this message: "I get the hint. I'd rather spend my time with someone who actually is serious about improving their business." He then closed the chat. Now, after seeing so many negative reviews about Hibu, I understand. In addition to lying or being fake like the previous reviews say here, they are very pushy and rude. Never doing business with such a company ugh.

Hibu response

We sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with a member of Hibu's Sales Team. Our attempts to reach you by phone have been unsuccessful. We would like the opportunity to discuss your concern further. Please call our Customer Service Department at 800 929 3556, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm EST.

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I wish I had never sign a contract with them. The sales rep assured me that I could cancel my contract if I was unhappy with their service. They provided such poor service. Never find any ad on Google from them. Then they refused to honor their word and allow me to cancel despite my ad never even went live. Terrible company.

Hibu response

We have made changes to your campaign to improve the performance. Please contact our Search Support Team at 1 888 672 8990 or by email at SearchPPC@hibu.com if you need further assistance. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased we were able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Greivin. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

These people contacted me relentlessly. Always using a recorded line. I finally agreed to give them a shot at producing a website and marketing campaign. It took them forever to produce the website and then it was simplistic, dull and did not target my company in the way that was proficient for what I would be paying for. Before I was convinced to get a product from these people I was assured that I had a 60 day money back guarantee. It is still not 60 days, but the threats and shenanigans are popping!!! I cancelled my agreement within a couple of weeks. I received a sorry to see you go letter, "We're sorry that you've decided not to continue your services with Hibu, and we've processed your cancellation." This is directly from the letter. Then I receive a big bill for $600.00. When the rep calls me to find the problem, she says, "Oh I see you cancelled part of the service, but the website you did not cancel".

I informed her that I thought I had in fact cancelled EVERYTHING. She said that she would take care of it. Then I received phone calls and emails, very rough collectors, saying I owed money because my account has not been cancelled. When I explained that I have cancelled, the ** said that I needed to prove to HIM that I had cancelled or he would be sending me to collections. He said that there are specific protocols that I need to do to cancel. I do not know what else to do as I only get emails demanding money (I locked them out of automatic withdrawal). I am still within the 60 day period of launch of my services and have talked to my account rep and don't know what to do. Do not do business with these people!!! They have not refunded the money they got from me and are crooks! And make a horrible product.

Hibu response

Hello Michael, Hello, I have attempted to reach out to you on 8/22/2018, 8/24/2018, and 8/28/2018, each time leaving a voicemail. Please do call me so we can discuss your concerns further. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Our account has been on an auto renewal for several years so we haven't worked with an account representative. When I called in I was given a number for a representative that is no longer responsible for our account, but Barbara stepped in and took ownership without hesitation! She was delightful, efficient, and gave us a great experience!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 30, 2018

The sales rep assured me that I could cancel my contract if I was unhappy with their service. They provided such poor service it was unmistakable. My 5 year old could design a better ad than what they continue to give me. Then they refused to honor their word and allow me to cancel despite my ad never even went live. Terrible company.

Hibu response

We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Display Ads Basic digital advertising. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve you concerns, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Resolution response: Aug. 3, 2018

The company refunded me. I'm glad there is a good and attentive customer service department to help off-set other operations/bad employee(s)

Original review: July 28, 2018

Aloha, If this 1-star review is still up that means they didn't hold their integrity and are still trying to con me out of money. They have a 7 day cancellation policy, luckily I cancelled within 7 days because they didn't have the type of marketing I wanted. They okayed my cancellation but called me back and said they won't "let" me cancel. This reminds me of timeshare! Disgusting. This company has such a bad reputation that as soon as my bookkeeper saw the charge from Hibu/Yellowbook he called me to tell me "I hope you didn't sign up with them, they are SCAM artists and have terrible business practices." I'm sure they can come back from their bad business practice, starting with making a better reputation for themselves by having integrity with me! I will remove this 1 star review when my complaint is resolved and they take responsibility and practice good business.

Hibu response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, James. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: July 25, 2018

It has taken me a month and a half and three phone calls every day of the week to get my account streamlined. Starting with Lori ** and 18 people in India that apparently can't help you do anything because you have an account manager mind being Lori who doesn't know how to return calls. The account I use for Accelerated Welding is way overpriced for the service I get out of it at $550 a month. I'd like someone to return my phone call. Hey don't get me wrong they're big into the automated emails bringing you back to the 1-800 number that brings you to the person in India that brings you back to your account salesperson all of which are pretty much useless to me. However I'll bet you posting this review get some results.

Hibu response

Tim, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I am glad we were able to resolve your concerns. Please do let us know if you have any additional advertising needs in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: July 23, 2018

As a new customer I have already gained 5 new students in the first week out of the 14 new leads that have come through. Very happy with the quick results. I have known Kathy for years so I trusted her and she has delivered.

No response received
Original review: July 13, 2018

First they make you stay for a whole year $220.00 each month. Not able to cancel if you are not satisfied with the work Hibu performance. Second I want to change my ad and had call them many times with no luck. Leave messages and no one call back... Is like we got you for one year and that is all you have to pay us. For anyone who want to built a reputation online... Use Adwords from Google. You will be working with professional. Hibu is the middleman of all this ads online campaign. I totally not agree with this company and how they work. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE, AND NOW I'M STUCK WITH ONE YEAR CONTRACT. $220 each months from my bank account. That is also something should not be acceptable on this time. Contract. I give Hibu less than 1 star.

Hello Hiran

We sincerely apologize about your experience with hibu. We have made several attempts to contact you to review your advertising concern that was first brought to our attention 7/23/18. Please call hibu Customer Service within the next 3 business days. If we don't hear from you, we will assume the concern has been resolved and we will close our investigation.

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs