ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

Hibu Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We have been using Hibu for many years now. We are a small town construction company and Hibu has really helped us get our business name out there. We have been working with Steven ** through Hibu, and we refuse to work with anyone else. He provides us with excellent service and always gets back to us right away. We have gotten so much business recently from our advertising that we had to actually call Steven to have our advertising changed so that we could get caught up with our workload. Overall, this is a great company to work with. We highly recommend Hibu for any of your advertising needs!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Hibu, built my website quickly and accurately. They did a wonderful job! As soon as the site went live, it started generating interest in and around my home town, Middletown CT. I'm proud to show my website to anyone. I use it as a sales tool Everytime I go out on an estimate with a new client. I love the site, and working with Hibu professionals couldn't be any easier. They always call me on the phone at least once a month to make sure I'm happy with it and remind me to let them know about any changes that I might want. Over the years I have worked with many many webmasters and none of them came close to Hibu.

7/8/2019

Bruce, we’re delighted to read your feedback about your website!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each of our customers!

Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have tried a lot of different advertising companies. Most of them I have paid more than the advertising or work that I have gotten back. Dave is the only one that I have found that actually brings results. He came highly recommended from another business owner. I started out with a very modest budget to try the product. Since then I have raised the amount of advertising money we are spending because it actually brings results. Dave is an outstanding guy. You should give him a call. You won’t be disappointed!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Mark! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your advertising. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can't thank Hibu and Anita enough. They took my company from having no web presence to popping me up all over the place. It was quite painless and they have done a stellar job. Anita has been very attentive and dedicated to my website, my company and me. She is truly a pleasure to work with. I can call her with a change that needs to be made and within an hour or so if not sooner the change is complete. I can't thank you enough, I know I pay you enough. I would recommend Anita and Hibu to anyone needing a web presence.

Hibu response

What great news Tim! So glad your website is working so well. We do appreciate Anita and her efforts.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Dean is a fantastic representative! He always drops by when he is in town, and makes sure that we are satisfied with our service. He is really helping our business move forward with digital marketing! He is always giving us tips on how to improve our impressions.

Hibu response

Ashley, We are grateful for your kinds words. Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We had Hibu for one year. The salesperson made us think all positive and increase our sales. As a small business we thought this would be great! Well turns out we had to redo the website with our own staff that they were being paid to edit and improve. After calling Hibu several times we found out our our digital specialist no longer worked there and we asked for help and no one would help us. They also could not tell us who our new specialist was. I found this absolutely ridiculous. So after one year of paying hundreds of dollars a month and not increasing any sales we cancelled our business with them. Then they charged us for another full month after we cancelled. We refused to pay the and they threatened us with legal action more than once so we paid it and we feel that was not right of them to do so. This was a full year of bad experiences with Hibu.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We are very impressed with Steven ** and the company he works for. Hibu is going to do great things for our business and help take a load off so we can focus on other things for the business. We were recommended by a friend who spoke very highly of Stevens work ethic. Steven has came through and exceeded our expectations. Thanks Hibu and a special thank you to Steven!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Hibu doesn't care about your time, today was the 3rd time we had an appointment scheduled to go over our current website with them, and make some changes and ask questions. We are paying customers. They have flaked THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT EVERY TIME. Today "Cliff" called 25 minutes before he was supposed to be here and he said he "woke up sick". I asked him why he would wait to tell me 25 minutes before our scheduled and confirmed appointment time to cancel and he said he woke up sick. Did you just wake up? I commute over an hour 1 way to work, I made sure I was here a half hour early to greet him and set up for our team meeting with Hibu, that he cancelled. This is a no call no show, 25 minutes? 3 times in a row? I had to call everyone and tell them not to come, Hibu cant keep an appointment and doesn't respect your time.

Hibu response
    We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form

a solution.

1/14/2019

Mel, thank you for giving our sales team another chance and meeting up with them for changes. We appreciate you and value you as a customer. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

First of all this service was misrepresented to us by the salesperson Jon ** on the first day we talked to him. We took the Facebook ad service with him telling me that the facebook ad could be targeted to meet our needs (for example "Veterinarian"). Well, that simply was not true. The closest they could get was a very general target of "college-educated". This is totally useless. We also were told that we could change the ad when we wanted and I did several times. Each time they messed it up and in fact, the ad that they are forcing on us now is still not what we sent them.

Also, I have sent numerous emails to the salesperson and his manager. They came out to talk to us and we were willing to let them try to fix the mess. The next couple of days Jon sent me a file image of a new ad. I took the ad he sent and edited it myself to make it just what I wanted. Remember this is the same ad image that he sent me that I changed the text on. So simple right. No, when it posted it was still wrong and after several emails to change it it is still wrong. At that point, I was so done with these people since they did not give me what they sold me upfront and they were unable to get the ad right.

We have told them to cancel the service they have refused at every turn. Their tactic is just not to call or email you back with any real help. Then they sent me to what they called the investigation team! Wow, they have an investigation team for just what I not sure. Still haven't heard from them either. We will be making a complaint with the BBB and with the state of Wisconsin since this company has provided us with no help whatsoever. We have canceled the payment and they, in turn, have threatened to send us to collections. Don't believe what these people tell you. The worst part of it is we got NO HELP for the ads at all. $300 per month wasted. The listing manager was of uses but that cost was $40. The rest a complete waste of time and money. Think twice before you sign anything with these people. They have no intention of ever letting you off it even if the service was misrepresented.

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team