Call toll free
3.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Hibu Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Hibu Customer Service

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can't thank Hibu and Anita enough. They took my company from having no web presence to popping me up all over the place. It was quite painless and they have done a stellar job. Anita has been very attentive and dedicated to my website, my company and me. She is truly a pleasure to work with. I can call her with a change that needs to be made and within an hour or so if not sooner the change is complete. I can't thank you enough, I know I pay you enough. I would recommend Anita and Hibu to anyone needing a web presence.

Hibu response

What great news Tim! So glad your website is working so well. We do appreciate Anita and her efforts.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

As an extremely busy business owner I was impressed with how easy and not very time consuming it was to get everything done with HIBU. They had a very well laid out format for me to fill out that was simple and not drawn out. Randy was very easy to work with and willing to work around my crazy schedule. Randy and his team even did most of the work which was nice. My company website turned out amazing and just like I wanted the first time. Unlike my previous experience with another company. The web ads have helped a ton too! He was spot on for what I was needing to spend and he knew that I had to stay on a budget also. No pushy sales here with this great company. Thanks Randy!! Thank you HIBU as well. You all have a great team.

Hibu response

We are glad that your website is "amazing", James and that it is providing you business. We appreciate your feedback on Randy and the team.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We currently have a print ad, SEM, SEO, and now just added Social Media Marketing with Hibu. Working with different advertising people has been my job for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service that I receive from Hibu and our Hibu representative. I appreciate the fact that they make me feel like our business is important and that they truly are there to help us grow our business through their advertising assistance. I have never felt like they just want our money like I have with other companies. The longevity and history of the Yellowbook/Hibu name is also a comforting factor in knowing that the company is committed to serving their customers.

Hibu response

This is a great testimonial Camie! We appreciate your business and working with us.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been "using" this company for years, and I have nothing to show for it. What I do have is a horrible website with incorrect info. Which they haven't changed no matter how many times I've asked. www.balanceandmotionclinic.com, take a look for yourself. I got so fed up trying to get them to fix it I ended up making a new website of my own. After doing that I requested to terminate my services with Hibu. They will not cancel the agreement and any time I get on the phone about it the call gets disconnected on their end with no callbacks ever. They continue to charge me and each month the charges have increased with no explanation. I sent a certified letter to the address on my most recent agreement requesting cancellation, but that letter was returned because the addressee moved and left no forwarding address. This company is a total scam! I highly discourage anyone interested in doing business with them.

Hibu response

Cyndi, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We will have an investigation opened and one of our Senior Customer Care members will be in contact shortly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I signed up for a one year phone directory listing and they threw in listings management and keep billing me even though I have not renewed. I called repeatedly and cannot get them to cancel it. Horrible, horrible, horrible business and even worse service. Do not recommend.

10/10/19

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your Hibu advertising. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

10/9/19
Hello Lori, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Hibu Listings Management service!
We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service

team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Just renewed our phone book advertising for the year with several phone books. The rep was extremely helpful and very nice. It is nice to deal with someone on the phone who is helpful such as this. Many of the reps show in their voice that they do not like their job, but this one was fantastic. Keep up the good work!!!

Hibu response

Ellen, We love hearing how well and knowledgeable our sales team is! Thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

They don’t make updates when asked. They say they have then it turns out they haven’t. They will say that they’re calling back but won’t. Salesmen use misleading information and false promises to get you to try it. Once you give them a few months of not producing any leads and try to quit using them you’ll suddenly realize that you’re in a six month contract. From what I understand the contract is not legally binding but they will tell you otherwise. Contacted an attorney today. I’d rather give money to an attorney than give this shady dishonest company another dime.

10/10/19

Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Search Standard program! We value

your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our customers may have.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Kathy does an amazing job, always checking up on my business and seeing how well we do with traffic. Website that she does is excellent, our menu is there plus images of our restaurant. We actually seen a boost of Togo orders????

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs