toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2016

Thank you, Claudia, for finding a solution to my dilemma.

That's the way to take care of business.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I am a small business owner, gardening and landscaping. I don't need a large volume of customers because I am always out in the field and I just need one worker. So I don't try to advertise to get more and more. Hibu Yellowbook works for me with a small ad, and people that need my services call me not on everyday basis but I get few calls during the month and in a sense is part of my bread and butter. Because of that I've been advertising with them for a number of years. Every single year I have to be behind them for me to get on board. Every year there is some issue either with spelling, or not following up with art work or phone calls. I've finally had it. I was afraid I was gonna miss the boat this year 2016 and guess what? I sure did. After trying to get in touch with the regional agent, Adelina **, she calls me saying that they were trying and trying to get in touch with me.

In my ad, I have not only my office number but also my cell. Besides they have my email address. Today I spoke to her manager, who is defending her to death. He told me the same story, that they try to call many times. If they did, they are so tunnel vision that they only called one number, my office. Let's suppose that they did, why not try my cell, or shut me an email where they would have hard evidence but they didn't. Besides the manager Alex ** was kind of offensive, he was trying to lecture me on following up with the messages they left, and then he offensively told me "You should invest on a phone." I will complain to their headquarters. Very bad customer relations.

I think they don't think my ad is big enough to do business with me. They don't follow up with aggressiveness. I predict that they'll be out of business in few years. They need aggressive professional personnel. I am not an office guy, but I understand business, I understand productivity, I understand good customer relations. I not only understand, but I use modern technology for communication. I have good customer relations, and I stay busy all the time. Good luck doing business with them.

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews on ConsumerAffairs. I have had a positive experience with Hibu. Our search campaign is preforming well and our rep is very attentive to our needs. So far, so good!

They were quick to take my $431 dollars, but slow to follow and respond to my concerns. I have not in 14 days from April 6, 2017 received a follow up call on the status of my web design. I have left several voicemail messages, called several departments and emailed this person. Why as the customer do I have to chase down Hibu's employees. I paid them for service not the other way around. All I am asking for is communication, follow up and status of my website going live. WOW!!! I will see how long it will take for them to launch my website live. I have left another email for both the sales representative and design coordinator. I have ask them to please call me by EOB Friday, April 21, 2017.

Do NOT use Hibu for your advertising needs. They were designing a website for our small business. We did not like the look of the website, so we did not give them the ok to publish. 3 years later, after taking charge of the billing for the company I found we were being charged $102 a month for the past 3 years. When I called to ask them what they are charging us for they said it became a verbal contract once it was launched. The website never "launched." I never approved it, it was never published but the manager explained it launched on their end and it was our problem because that was part of the so-called contract. So we paid almost $4000 for absolutely nothing, and their company had no problem charging us this. They are a bunch of scammers and treat their customers poorly. Please don't make the same mistake we did.

We have dealt with Hibu for years, and now have a new rep.Tina ** (beware). My husband met with her for 6 hours and talked him into a webpage that she promised would put him at the top of his business. She claimed that the web page would only cost $500. a month and could go as high as $1000.00 with all the clicks he would be getting. My husband questioned the price several times to Tina. She assured him it was only $500 a month unaware of her adding costly things into the contract without his knowledge, and yes he signed a contract thinking it was for $500 a month. She knew what she was doing, how she sleeps at night, but at the same time laughing all the way to the bank. Shame on her. Karma will be visiting her. He came home all happy and I proceeded to call Tina in reference to the meeting they had and ask again how much. Again Tina stated $500.

As time went on I began to see withdraws from our business checking account from HIBU. I called Tina and asked what these withdrawals were? She claimed she could not get into her computer and would call me back the following Monday. This happened at least 2-3 times. Never got an answer. They ended up taking out $1171. on March 4th. My husband called Tina on March 20th (not Happy) and all she could say was sorry. On March 23rd I talk to CS asked for a manager, he refused to let me talk to a manager, that a manager would contact me within 24-48 hours nothing yet. He also said my bill every month would be $1148.19. 2 days later I received a bill for $1777.32. Just contacted billing and talk to a Maria. She said my monthly bill will be $1423.00. These people are like robots. No knowledge and not helpful. So I will be cancelling HIBU and will not recommend them to anyone.

They are a rip off. We are being charged for clicks, but funny no business from them. We've heard that they pay people to go on these sites and click to generate monies for them. This is such a disappointment to think you are dealing with a professional to help you better your business and all they are doing is ripping you off. I also cancelled any more activity in my checking account from them. Hope a real manager sees this and contacts me to resolve this issue.

We signed the contract for a website with HIBU. They developed our website (with our help and some of our design and photos) for us, for which we paid a partial amount of 700 USD upfront. The website came out pretty good, but then the nightmare started. They wanted us to pay them additional money for the website and we paid them additional 1,200 USD today. Yet, they refused to give us the "keys" and the "codes" for our website. Is this a market economy in the US? Here a customer has the right to choose, no? We thought and sincerely believed so. This is a rip-off. Never go with this company.

When I was approached about having Hibu do my website for the second time (the first attempt was unacceptable), I was told that my website (which I paid $299 for) would be mine and could be moved to another host. I recently decided to move the site to a substantially cheaper hosting service. Only then was I told that this information was FALSE and that the website that I paid $299 for still belongs to Hibu and can only be hosted by them. This apparently was in the contract of small print, which I admit I did not bother to read. Instead, I relied on the veracity of their staff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Ugh! I just learned after signing a 12-month contract ($29 mo) with Hibu that they are owned by Yellow Book. Hibu showed me the "improvement" from 30% efficiency to 90% efficiency the first month, but all they did was add me to 2 bizarre social media sources. Years ago I had a salon with 3 categories, they inversed my ads making them each inaccurate after never having sent me a proof to authorize the listing, then charged me hundreds of dollars, then "auto renewed" me after my contract was done saying I should have "opted out" WTF!!

I told them water will freeze in Hades before I pay them. They chased me for years over it, even 2 complete separate business later, then said, "Oh ok, if you re-sign up for advertising, we will forgive your old debt" (The business that was here before me lost this storefront because they also failed to give her a proof, and instead of her phone number for the lift chair for the elderly company she ran, the typo went to a beer bar joint and she plummeted out of business). 7 years ago when I was just learning about SEO, struggling with making good advertising decisions with my limited funds, they lied and said the phone book was targeting my demographic for a tanning salon - far from true. No Hibu. My first bill supposed to be $29 is $59 so on the phone with dealings trying to get the rep on the phone to fix it.

Our Company has put advertising in the Hibu book for years and have had problems most every time we did, especially for the last 3 years. We told our salesman this year we didn't want to renew it and he was quite a talker. He told us if we would keep our ad like we had it he would add internet service to that and that they would correct all our error in the search engines which never happened. I called him more than one time which after about the second call he ignored my call because he knowed what my problem was. Our ad on our landing page was wrong from the beginning and I stayed after them till finally they done that. But with the internet all I got was "Google is sending you a number" which after about 2 months I finally got and I had warned the multiple times that I was going to hire someone else if they didn't get it done.

Finally after about 3 months I hired another company to do it and sent Hibu a search result which I still have, with all the errors on the search results and told them I had hired another company. When the salesman finally got back to me he said "what else can we do. They are all corrected." I said "yes they are and the other company done it in about 2 weeks where you took over 3 months and it still wasn't done." I have to say they refunded me part of the money for the internet but the thing was the ad in the phone book was a part of that. Without the internet part, and our deal was stated we would have never took anything. Don't do business with them trying to make deals with you unless you have it in writing, because in my opinion they won't keep their word. Company name is A & A Air Conditioning & Heating, Ar.

As a web developer, I occasionally get a client who is literally "stuck" with Hibu. Trying to access the site to do any work is impossible and trying to get control of the domain name is next to impossible. They refuse to answer emails and provide terrible customer service, especially when you decide to move to another service. Avoid them.

My company had advertising with HIBU for a little over a year. We were unsatisfied with what they offered. HIBU was charging us for services which we did not feel we were getting. We requested that everything be cancelled. We paid them for the print ad in the yearly yellow pages and requested that no further advertising be done on our behalf. They kept billing us. They renewed our contract without our knowledge and damaged the website that we had built on our own. It seems like our contract was forged. HIBU kept charging us for various services after repeated phone calls with them. I had to contact them once a month and sometimes more often to reiterate my desire to cease business with them. Every time our conversation ended in HIBU assuring me that everything was cancelled and that there would be no further billing. Every month I would get a bill any way. This went on for over a year.

I refused to pay and sent them all the documentation and emails that I had with their agreement to cancel. They offered me a discount, but I did not order their service and don't owe them at all. Because I refused to pay for services which they kept on billing me for after repeated cancellations, they have sent my account to Rauch Milliken, an extremely aggressive collections service. HIBU has damaged my onsite presence which we are still trying to recover from, has damaged my credit with Dun & Bradstreet, and still continues to threaten me. I have investigated complaints online and this seems to be a common practice with HIBU and small business customers. I can provide further details and documentation upon request.

In June 2016 we purchased a restaurant from my brother in law. He previously signed a contract with Hibu for a Yellowbook ad, website and display ads (online marketing). The cost for this was around $398 per month (and not worth the money). When we bought the business our sales agreement clearly stated we were not taking on any liabilities of the prior owner, so the prior owner finished out his prior contract and paid by credit card. We decided to keep the website and the Yellowbook ad for $99 per month. Well, months go by and Hibu did not stop the service when the prior owner asked and continued to charge his credit card. He took this matter up with Chase Fraud and fought it. His complaint was valid and upheld; Hibu had to credit his card back the money they charged him that was NOT owed. So, Hibu decided to tack his charges on to our account. We are fighting this...

We've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Illinois Attorney General. In addition, I can't get them to shut down our website or our Yellowbook ad. Every time I call, they tell me the prior owner has to call; oh my we keep going around and around. Hibu will try to get do all they can to not cancel your service so they can keep charging you, threaten collections and take unauthorized amounts out of your accounts. I have also visited my bank and disputed the money they continue to withdraw from our account (my mistake for even agreeing to pay for the website and Yellowbook ad ach for the $99 a month). This is an ongoing issue and we hope to get resolve. I tallied up the hours of emails, calls, text and writing about this issue - I have spent close to 97 hours battling with Hibu to date.

This company is a joke! We sold one of our businesses over a year ago and when I called in last year (2016) to pay the contract in full and tell them that we had sold it I was told that we were all good. Then a few months ago we started getting billed again for our contract and I thought that maybe they just messed up so I mailed them a copy of the business closure forms that were sent to the KS Department of Revenue and the IRS as well as the above mentioned information to see if it would get corrected. Needless to say I got yet another bill and called them today and after talking to 4 people, 1 of which was a manager, I was basically told that just because I sent them a copy of closure from the IRS and the Department of Revenue doesn't mean that they can close my account and said we were still in a contract.

So after some choice words I decided to pay off this contract only if I got an email confirmation today to be done with this stupid company. The manager then proceeds to tell me that she can give me a 10% discount, yet when I ask for the payoff amount she states, "well if you want the discount it is going to take a few days to get approved?" I'm beyond pissed at this point and explain that I just want to be done with the company so to take my payment and give me a confirmation #! So I pay the contract off in full then get told that I have to be transferred to yet another department to "opt out" of any future billings! Are you kidding me? How many departments does it take to close an account?

So after I spoke with an agent to opt out of future billings I ask him to send me an email and I say, "so I am opted out of any future billings and my account is closed now, right?" He proceeds to tell me that the agent only told him to opt me out, not to close my account; so I would need to call back to verify that. I called back again and spoke to the collections department and they verified it was taken care of so we will see! 3 reference numbers and 2 emails later I really hope so?!!!

When I was renewing my Yellow Pages advertising the sales rep was pushing this Wave program telling me it will optimize my internet searches. He failed to tell me that there is a charge of $30/month. I was not interested and told him so. He snuck it into my contract anyway. When I called and emailed them informing that I did not agree to anything other than my Yellow Page ads they told me it would be canceled and the rep would come back with a new contract. He did it again. He snuck that same charge into my contract. This is a highly disreputable company and the sales reps are extremely dishonest. I will not be doing business with hibu or Yellowbook in the future.

Paid $29.00 per month to optimize all listings starting in June 2016. After 4 calls to their terrible customer service, not only are you locked in a 12 month contract, No work had been done to make sure all my listings were correct. In November after a June Start and my second phone call finally, one site was "verified". So after more than an Hour on the telephone and I finally reached the Investigation Department and asked for 5 months credit. Four days later I received an Email offering me a settlement of 5 months credit and a listing of all the sites they had done nothing with for a mere $29.00 per month. Huge waste of money and time.

Never use this Wave Service or HIBU.com for anything. Waste of time and money. If you have the service, Call the investigation department and ask for a credit for any time you have already paid for! You will eventually win this one with a least a credit for this useless service. Automated Payment, cannot display receipt. Joseph ** will say anything to have you sign up for this service. Do not fall for the pitch that they will help. Do anything you have not already done yourself.

Jim,

As discussed earlier today, we have added a free listing to the next printing of the directories as well as to your website www.yellowbook.com. We apologize for any inconvenience and we are glad we were able to resolve this matter.

Sincerely,

Heather

Jim:

Hibu Customer Service has opened a claim on your account to investigate what've communicated. We are trying to reach you to discuss. Please contact us at 1-800-929-3556.

Thank you.

Hibu Customer Service Claims

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Our company, Foothill-Sierra Pest Control, has advertised in the past in Hibu's Sonora Area Yellowbook. This year, 2016, we opted to not run any display advertising, which upset the sales representative of Hibu. The book, the 2017/2018 edition, just came out (December 2016) and we see that Hibu removed our listing entirely from the yellow pages. There are 23 companies listed in the pest control column, of which three ran display ads. Their exclusion of our company from the yellow pages appears to be an act of retribution. Hibu is a low-class company.

Hibu made many promises to me concerning SEO and Digital Marketing for my company, but they produced no results during a 3 month time period. Although they continually sent glowing reports via email, this translated into zero productivity. We received no telephone calls, or email inquiries from prospective customers. Do not waste your money! The staff at Hibu are only good at taking your money, but are unable to produce results.

They promised us the world to get us to sign up for 3 months. We were to get 370 contacts per month for spending $12,000 each month. After the first week of no action at all, I started inquiring with my rep and web adviser and kept getting different stories. After 3 weeks I had a conversation with one of their web advisors and she told me I was lied to by my representative. After much complaining they actually let me out of the contract but are now suing me to try and get me for the first month's fees. They will also try and sue you personally. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

We wasted over $3,000 with this company. They refused to cancel our contract and tried to continually tell me that we were actually having great results. We did not have new leads come in, they told us it because of our website... which they created. Please do not waste your money with this company!

I subscribed to this service only because of a member of my BNI (Business Network International) group worked for them. He seemed to know a lot about SEO etc., but what do I know about it? Nothing. Anyway, he set up a meeting with him and the Google PPC campaign guru to give me all the information and pricing I needed to get started. Well, I signed up for a $1500/month campaign because I was told my city got 40,000 searches a month for roofers, plus I would only be charged for clicks to my website. Not true! They pulled the old bait and switch on me.

After a month with zero clicks, I started to complain to the sales guy. He assured me I was only going to get changed for the clicks, so I let it go. After the second month, I got hit with a $1500 bill and when I called him about it, he said I was paying that much no matter what and that I would be getting a credit for only one month if I didn't get my money's worth at the end of 3 months. This is NOT what he told me when I signed up and when I complained about it. I am going to contact the BBB, Ripoff report.com etc. Also, if I don't get my money back now and allowed to cancel this contract, I will get an attorney!

Do not use these people for any of your business advertising as they will mess it up completely. I used them a couple of years ago and they were so bad I got the advertising cancelled and my money back. I have recently been contacted by them again saying that all the problems I had before had been sorted so I decided to give them another chance, big mistake. I received an email stating my Adwords advertising has gone live but it wasn't showing at all. After numerous calls I managed to get that sorted but it was being seen 24/7 and not the designated days and times I wanted.

Also the number that was being displayed was for another company so I was getting calls from people who wanted to hire a van but I'm actually a locksmith. I complained so much my account managers manager said he would get it all cancelled which was music to my ears and the advertising disappeared shortly afterwards. I thought that was that but today they took the monthly payment from my bank and when I called to complain yet again they said the account had not been cancelled and is still active. My problems still go on as I now have a fight on my hands again to get my money back. Also I have given them 1 star cause I'm unable to give no stars.

Absolutely the very worst advertising you can buy! They promised to build a website, which was never completed, but they started billing me a monthly fee despite doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid them about $1400 for absolutely nothing. If they weren't a large corporation, it would be theft.

So we recently just closed our shop and we called to let them know to cancel our services with hibu. She offered 2 months free since we are closing done, we thought we were done with it. Then the following month we receive a deduction on our account for hibu after we already cancelled! We called and after arguing and arguing with them over and over and explained we already cancelled we were still not refunded our money we were not supposed to be charged in the first place. I would definitely NOT recommend them at all!!!

I am a current customer of hibu and I am extremely disappointed of their services. They failed to do everything they promised they will do at the time we had to sign the agreement. My business moved almost a year ago to a new location. Someone called me from hibu and offered us their Wave services, saying that they will take care of most of the online listings, like google, yellow pages, google... and will make sure the business appears with the new address, phone number, maps. Everything sounded like we don't have to worry about a thing, and they will take care of all that. We did sign up for the service Wave, which is about $30.00 per month and we thought we are all covered. It's been at least 7-8 months since then, and my listings are still a mess, showing all different locations.

I have customers calling us to complain, that they went to the listed location and they didn't find us! Not to mention that for some of the listings I had to do it myself, and for the one they did it took about 6 months, and they put in the information wrong!!! I have called several times to complain about that, and I wanted to cancel their services since I am not getting anything they promised, but they wouldn't cancel since there is a contract for one year.

They are just taking the money out of my account monthly without providing anything! It is not only the monthly payments, but the business we lost from all the customers that couldn't find us, and also the time we lost with them over the phone trying to resolve the issue. I guess I have no other choice but wait till the year pass, so they stop taking the money from the account and in a meanwhile I have to pay another company to take care of the issue. Simply, I want to warn all the business owners out there that are about to sign up with hibu: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY! IT'S A SCAM!!!

Hibu took two years to refund an overpayment, and then they put the wrong name on the check!

I am being billed $699 a month for zero results. One email says I must wait for 6 months to cancel, another says one year. I told them I would not pay them because their services were not what was represented by their rep. We shall see where it goes from here. They should be forced out of business. They are a scam!!!

They are expensive, the salesman doesn't follow up as promised, and a mistake they put on my website made me look like a dishonest fool, even though I told them to correct it before they put it up. Awful company to do business with. Avoid at all costs.

BEWARE! DO NOT SIGN THEIR CONTRACT! Our company is being charged monthly even after we have cancelled with them. They are charging us for clicks on a website that are not for us. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

HIBU does absolutely nothing for you. My representative Adrew ** made a lot of "great" promises that is not true. Now he doesn't work for them any longer, I get a name of a new representative (Kevin **) and he doesn't answer my calls (called 3 times). They tell you, "You can cancel anytime," but that's NOT true. Then when your business listing is not climbing on the search or your information was not updated on all these "wonderful sites that will bring you business" they tell you, "YOU have to do a few things on your own to increase your SEO potential."

When the rep shows up to your office, after you pay they tell you they will "EMAIL" you the contract should have been my first clue, because what he says and what's on the contract is two different things. By then you already paid and signed. ZERO STARS for this company. They are basically taking your monthly payment and doing absolutely NOTHING for you. This is more of a SCAM than anything else.

Hibu

Hello Shylea, If I can assist in anyway, please let me know. Please respond providing the name of your account and the best number & time to contact you.

hibu Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I was contacted today by a hibu Sales Rep. about re-doing our business website. I asked him to send me the information via email. I found the fact that there was a recurring monthly charge for designing a website concerning. The sales rep never mentioned that. I checked hibu's reviews and found them to be bad. Hence it was an easy decision not to use this company. THANKS!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2016

Hibu responded to the complaint on a timely basis and provided a refund within 1 week. Follow-up was done by the representative. The original review was strictly a reflection of my phone and email contact with customer service. Our representative was always professional and tried her best to make the situation work.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

After spending 45 minutes on the phone setting up my website, I received the link 10 days later. I was appalled by the amateurish writing and lack of cohesiveness. I immediately contacted Hibu to cancel. I was told that I could have a free rewrite and to send them the copy I wanted. Why would I need them? I gave a $399 deposit, pages of copy and 50 pictures to use. I followed up 6 times by phone and email before the cancellation was authorized. Today I followed up to see when my deposit would be refunded and was told it took 3 weeks to process. This is after it took three weeks just to get the cancellation approved. The worst company I've ever dealt with.

Hibu was unable to find a proper widget to complete our website. I paid in advance and requested a refund when they were unable to complete the site. It is now eight months later and they have refused to give a full refund. Don't trust them! You will be ripped off!

Hibu Company Profile