ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

Hibu Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have dealt with many different marketing companies and still currently do. Hibu really stood out to me because I had a actual person (who is still my account manager), come out to the office to better understand our marketing needs, then cater a plan specifically to us. She has been more concerned for what is going to work for us, not solely motivated by sales. They are always there and available if we have any questions, need to make any changes, or updates to our account. There is a human and personable element to this company that I have not experienced anywhere else. I would definitely recommend Hibu to any company looking to add marketing to their business or expand their overall marketing horizon.

Hibu response

William, thank you for the outstanding review! We have a plethora of products we offer and glad our sales representative could find what best fits your business needs! Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We have been using Hibu for many years now. We are a small town construction company and Hibu has really helped us get our business name out there. We have been working with Steven ** through Hibu, and we refuse to work with anyone else. He provides us with excellent service and always gets back to us right away. We have gotten so much business recently from our advertising that we had to actually call Steven to have our advertising changed so that we could get caught up with our workload. Overall, this is a great company to work with. We highly recommend Hibu for any of your advertising needs!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Hibu, built my website quickly and accurately. They did a wonderful job! As soon as the site went live, it started generating interest in and around my home town, Middletown CT. I'm proud to show my website to anyone. I use it as a sales tool Everytime I go out on an estimate with a new client. I love the site, and working with Hibu professionals couldn't be any easier. They always call me on the phone at least once a month to make sure I'm happy with it and remind me to let them know about any changes that I might want. Over the years I have worked with many many webmasters and none of them came close to Hibu.

7/8/2019

Bruce, we’re delighted to read your feedback about your website!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each of our customers!

Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I have tried a lot of different advertising companies. Most of them I have paid more than the advertising or work that I have gotten back. Dave is the only one that I have found that actually brings results. He came highly recommended from another business owner. I started out with a very modest budget to try the product. Since then I have raised the amount of advertising money we are spending because it actually brings results. Dave is an outstanding guy. You should give him a call. You won’t be disappointed!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Mark! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your advertising. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Steve ** has been great to work with. He is very knowledgeable and works hard to provide me with the best service at a great price. He treats my business like it is his own and want to see me succeed. Thanks a million.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I have been with Hibu for a couple of years now. At first, I thought it was a great idea to have my ads show up on the sides of other webpages, I have never seen my ad before, ever! I have received absolutely no calls off of this ad campaign unless they are the hundreds of scam calls I have been receiving since signing up with Hibu. My campaign restarts itself without authorization. I’ve been through this twice and wanted to cancel however my rep Larry and Stacie have Found ways to keep me with them and promised to get it right in the future.

Today I received a phone call, my caller ID said it was a friend of mine, it ended up being Hibu! How the hell did they do that, I thought that was only scam companies that did stuff like that. They claim they have no idea what I’m talking about and that if I called the phone number back it would dial to them, however it goes to my friend because it’s his number that they called me from!

Now I am fighting to get my month to month account canceled, I was told this would be easy since I should be on month-to-month at this point however the last time I put my account on hold they raise my rate and continue to charge me every month after! So, my bank is dealing with these charges and Hibu is calling to get the money back. Now they want proof from me of when I talk to them, who I talked to and what we talked about. I responded with “don’t you have a record of my account”? Apparently not! I can tell you that Stacy claimed the account was on hold and that she could not send proof because she clicked out of her system too quickly but promised it was done. I also responded to the email which asked if I really wanted to place the account on hold. I Have seen companies like this, these guys got me, I’m done with internet-based companies. If I can’t walk in the door of the service provider, we are not working with them! Thousands waisted!

Hibu response

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue with your recent purchase.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

The guy named Thomas ** came by the office and talked to me about Hibu. Talked about how it could help my business grow. There's a 6 months contracts but if they aren't beneficial to my business, he will help end the contract. So I signed up. We do get calls from the ads but all of those calls never converted to appointments. People called and didn't say anything. People called and hung up. People called and asked about other businesses. Very time and money wasted. So I called Mr. Parker to end the contract. He said he's helping but now I can't even contacted him. This company is a scam. Do not trust them!

Hibu response

Ngan, Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. This has been given to one of our senior representatives to review. They will be in contact with yous shortly. Thank you

2/12/2020

Dr. To, thank you for taking time to work with me on your concern. I am glad we were able to get things resolved in a satisfactory manner to you. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Was skeptical like most before signing up.. We now have more leads from social media than ever before. This program is a NO BRAINER if you want to compete in your industry. Our rep is extremely helpful and has made the experience unmatched.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

We hired Hibu to take care of our digital marketing. The contract was for 1 year. We spent $3000 and got zero sales. All phone calls are routed to Philippines. The CSRs don't understand client's needs. I kept on telling them from month 3 that this was not working, but they were interested in getting their money, drafting my bank account regularly. Does not want to understand that if it was not working, the campaign needs to be stopped and contract cancelled. Hibu was just interested in getting their money, just because we signed a one year contract. So, be careful when you sign up. Make sure you tell them if the campaign does not work, you will cancel the contract. Get a confirmation to this.

1/27/2020

Baloor, Thank you for reaching out regarding your experience with us. Your concerns will be given to one of our representatives to review, they will be in contact with you shortly.

2/6/2020

Baloor, Thank you for taking time to speak with me today. I am glad I was able to hear your frustrations and pain points. I will be sure these are relayed to the proper departments. Thank you

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team