Call toll free
3.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

906 Hibu Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We currently have a print ad, SEM, SEO, and now just added Social Media Marketing with Hibu. Working with different advertising people has been my job for over 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service that I receive from Hibu and our Hibu representative. I appreciate the fact that they make me feel like our business is important and that they truly are there to help us grow our business through their advertising assistance. I have never felt like they just want our money like I have with other companies. The longevity and history of the Yellowbook/Hibu name is also a comforting factor in knowing that the company is committed to serving their customers.

Hibu response

This is a great testimonial Camie! We appreciate your business and working with us.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

As an extremely busy business owner I was impressed with how easy and not very time consuming it was to get everything done with HIBU. They had a very well laid out format for me to fill out that was simple and not drawn out. Randy was very easy to work with and willing to work around my crazy schedule. Randy and his team even did most of the work which was nice. My company website turned out amazing and just like I wanted the first time. Unlike my previous experience with another company. The web ads have helped a ton too! He was spot on for what I was needing to spend and he knew that I had to stay on a budget also. No pushy sales here with this great company. Thanks Randy!! Thank you HIBU as well. You all have a great team.

Hibu response

We are glad that your website is "amazing", James and that it is providing you business. We appreciate your feedback on Randy and the team.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I can't thank Hibu and Anita enough. They took my company from having no web presence to popping me up all over the place. It was quite painless and they have done a stellar job. Anita has been very attentive and dedicated to my website, my company and me. She is truly a pleasure to work with. I can call her with a change that needs to be made and within an hour or so if not sooner the change is complete. I can't thank you enough, I know I pay you enough. I would recommend Anita and Hibu to anyone needing a web presence.

Hibu response

What great news Tim! So glad your website is working so well. We do appreciate Anita and her efforts.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm a secretary for DC Cleaning. Our company was receiving emails from our Hibu website contact button but when I tried to reply to the customer I was receiving, "Message Delivery Failure," notices. The situation was made worse because the "Failure" notices weren't coming in until a later date making it appear that we weren't taking care of business. Not all emails had phone numbers so there wasn't any other way to contact them. I called Dan late on Wednesday afternoon and by the next early afternoon he had the issue completely resolved with a complete explanation as to what had been going on and what to do about it. I really appreciate how quickly Dan ** handled the situation!

Hibu response

Thank you Gaylynn for sharing the problem and Dan's quick response and resolution. We are glad the issue was resolved.

Hibu Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 22, 2019

Worst decision I have ever made! This company is going to run me out of business if I continue with them. So far the worst company I have ever done business with. Do not hire, they will not do anything to help.

7/23/2019

Karol, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Someone from our Customer Care team will be in touch shortly. Thank you!

8/6/2019

Karol, thank you for taking your time to work with me. Although we couldn’t find a mutually satisfying resolution, I do appreciate your time on this matter as well as bringing it to our attention. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2019

We signed up for HIBU for their online marketing with Google and display ads. They came into our store and approached us knowing we were a firearms store. I told them that get would not be able to market us on Facebook or Google very easily but they assured us it would not be a problem and if the marketing did not work we would be able to cancel in writing. None of this was true. We are stuck in a confusing agreement with 12 months of display ads that are not running for our industry and 6 months of google ads that are not running for our intended industry either. They are marketing us as sporting goods so we have people calling about basketballs and are wasting money because they will not let us cancel and can't market us like they said they could. They come in with a great sales pitch on how they are a primer partner with Facebook and Google and they can work their magic. Don't get fooled like we did.

They do not communicate well with you after they get your credit card info. You would think their goal would be to get your advertising working well so you would stay with them but not the case. They put together the primary ads that were not approved. They then asked us to change our website some so they could get the ads approved. All in all in the end we are now running two separate websites just to get some name recognition out of our Hibu advertising even though it is not advertising our products. The ads they got approved do not advertise what they are supposed to advertise but hey at least we are getting impressions on one web to get the name out there. All I can say is be very cautious of Hibu as they are a scam in my opinion.

7/31/2019

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have opened an investigation to review your concerns and someone with our Customer Care team will be in contact shortly. Thank you!

8/8/2019

William, I am glad your sales representative and I were able to help resolve your concerns. Thank you for your time on the matter.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The salesperson, Anna ** lied to us every step of the way. I explained we were a seasonal business, she said we could advertise for two months no problem. I told her that we would do $500 of Google Ads for July and then $250 in August as we slow down in August because college kids return to school mid-August. She said that would be fine. I said if I was happy with the results then I would renew in January.

She came in with the contract but we were busy at the time and I said the prices and the dates we discussed and she said yes. My business partner was informed of what terms I agreed to, so he signed the paperwork. After she left we realized we didn't have a copy of the contract. I called and asked her for it and she said she would bring it, she did not.

Jody, the person who did our campaign setup called and I reiterated our terms of agreement. She told me that their standard contract is 6 months and I would have to contact Anna. I contacted Anna and she said she could pause it if I sent her a request in writing. I said, "These terms are not what I agreed to," and she told me to email her and hung up. I emailed her the same day telling her to pause my campaign. She responded and said she couldn't pause the campaign until November. I told her that was unacceptable as this is not what we had agreed to but since I did not have a contract, I didn't know what had been agreed upon.

I spent two hours today trying to get a copy of the contract from their "customer care" team. One hung up on me. I called back and then asked to speak to a supervisor. He initially refused to let me speak to a supervisor. Finally I spoke to a John, who apologized but told me I was contractually bound to pay them $3000 during my slowest time of the year. He eventually said he would pause the contract until January. I am contacting my lawyer tomorrow and have stopped payment through American Express as their business is exceptionally shady.

Hibu response

8/16/19 Daniel, I am happy we were able to provide a solution to your concern.

8/9/19 Hello Daniel, We sincerely apologize about your experience with your Search Standard! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Steven is very knowledgeable in website creation and phone book ad placement. He has helped our company for years with both our website and phone book ad. These two forms of advertising have helped us sell numerous jobs. Steven has been a great asset to our company and a friend. We recommend him to anybody looking for advertising.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Jesse! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with the service you've received!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

We started working with Hibu 4 months ago to create marketing ads for our company. So far it has been the worst decision I have made for my business as Hibu’s team is absolutely incompetent and untrustworthy. We were dissatisfied with their service and wanted to close the account but for past 4 months they have been refusing to close it and keep charging us 2.5k a month even though they are not creating any ads for us during this time. They simply keep the account up and running without providing any service, sounds like SCAMMERS to me. We have dealt with multiple managers (Mary, Heather, Dana) all whom promise to look into your account and assist only to never call you back or follow up.

In the first weeks of working together, they posted our holiday ads with a special offer 5 days AFTER the promo had already expired! They are refusing to accept that they screwed up even after we show them the facts and screenshots. They have been destroying our reputation with our customers by creating very basic ads that anyone with no knowledge could create, by posting offers that have expired DAYS before. Dealing with Hibu has been the worst nightmare and I highly recommend steering away from them. They will take your money and refuse to answer you emails or call back to solve an issue. The WORST customer service and service providers.

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs