toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2016

Thank you, Claudia, for finding a solution to my dilemma.

That's the way to take care of business.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I am a small business owner, gardening and landscaping. I don't need a large volume of customers because I am always out in the field and I just need one worker. So I don't try to advertise to get more and more. Hibu Yellowbook works for me with a small ad, and people that need my services call me not on everyday basis but I get few calls during the month and in a sense is part of my bread and butter. Because of that I've been advertising with them for a number of years. Every single year I have to be behind them for me to get on board. Every year there is some issue either with spelling, or not following up with art work or phone calls. I've finally had it. I was afraid I was gonna miss the boat this year 2016 and guess what? I sure did. After trying to get in touch with the regional agent, Adelina **, she calls me saying that they were trying and trying to get in touch with me.

In my ad, I have not only my office number but also my cell. Besides they have my email address. Today I spoke to her manager, who is defending her to death. He told me the same story, that they try to call many times. If they did, they are so tunnel vision that they only called one number, my office. Let's suppose that they did, why not try my cell, or shut me an email where they would have hard evidence but they didn't. Besides the manager Alex ** was kind of offensive, he was trying to lecture me on following up with the messages they left, and then he offensively told me "You should invest on a phone." I will complain to their headquarters. Very bad customer relations.

I think they don't think my ad is big enough to do business with me. They don't follow up with aggressiveness. I predict that they'll be out of business in few years. They need aggressive professional personnel. I am not an office guy, but I understand business, I understand productivity, I understand good customer relations. I not only understand, but I use modern technology for communication. I have good customer relations, and I stay busy all the time. Good luck doing business with them.

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews on ConsumerAffairs. I have had a positive experience with Hibu. Our search campaign is preforming well and our rep is very attentive to our needs. So far, so good!

Hibu

Hello Susan. I apologize for the confusion. Hibu was formally Yellow Book. We still publish the Yellow Book. We have changed the name of our business to Hibu as we now offer many other forms of advertising products other than just the Yellow Book. Based on the information you provided with the survey I have forwarded your information to our listings department to request that you no longer be published in our book. Thank you.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I want to have my individual listing removed. Obviously I can't get it unlisted from the current yellow book but I want it out in future or in any other related publications. I went to the opt out listed in the front of the yellow book and they opt you out from receiving the actual book, which is FINE BY ME. I emailed and asked how to opt out from having my personal information published. I need to do this for personal safety. They emailed me back and said I need to contact the publisher which is Hibu and when I go to their opt out it's the same page as Yellowbook --so it's a ridiculous runaround. It's the same racket that the online sites try to use. I have a right to not have my information published and they're just trying to make it impossible. I've had to contact my state's attorney general before and I guess I'll have to do it again. I've read the reviews all over and it's clear this publication is not well liked and even reviled in many mine cases.

WOW... Wish I read all these complaints before I signed on with Hibu! This was the worse customer service I have received in many years. Buyer beware, this company cares about 1 thing and 1 thing only, your payment! Our business has been advertising with Hibu for about 5 years, created our website, phone book, pay per clicks etc. Recently they put a new sales guy with us by the name of Sean **. He sold us on a SEO campaign... and by the way, our 5th salesman in 5 years!!! Program sounded good. You can pinpoint areas you wanted, cost was reasonable... sign us up! Sean was our best friend at that time!

Time went by about 3 to 4 weeks spoke with Sean, he said, "You should start seeing your company info under the pest control heading!" Sure enough there it was... Maximum Exterminating Inc. entertainment agency!!! Yep ENTERTAINMENT... Really Hibu! We KILL bugs... we don't entertain them! So this is where the exceptional terrible customer service takes place. Long story somewhat short Sean ** would not return any of my emails, voice mails. Nothing but crickets from our best friend Sean! So weeks go by... meanwhile they are charging me $500 a month for advertising as a entertainment company! Mind you, we are a exterminating company! Yep Maximum Exterminating Inc.

After weeks go by we got in contact with a Hibu employee by the name of Jared **. Our experience with Jared wasn't bad although he couldn't figure out how to change our description from entertainment to exterminating! We now are in the 2nd month of this and yep you guessed it, another $500 gone in Hibu's bank account. That's when I step in and make the decision to call my bank and stop the debit payment to Hibu! And guess what, everybody started calling us. Well not our best friend Sean. Still crickets out of him.

Now we have a guy by the name of Patrick **, real nice fellow (not). He wanted to know if we had any pictures to prove that we were showing as entertainment. By this time we are guessing ol Jared figured out how to fix the mistake that was created by Hibu. So Mr. Patrick ** said, "Gee whiz the very first thing I would do is take a picture of it to have on hand!" Sorry Pat, I didn't know I was dealing with a shady company that looks for avenues out of responsibility! Besides I have all my emails saved all our conversations with Sean, Jared, Hein **, etc. He was just glad to hear that we didn't take a picture of it!

So after not responding to any of their demand letters about them wanting payment for something that they screwed up from the get-go, which is a null and void contract far as I'm concerned! And my attorney! They ultimately send us to collections and sick a attorney by the name of Rauch\Milliken International, Inc. This attorney sends us a letter says through legal action, "Our client Hibu will subpoena" all of our company records including all checking accounts and tax records and this is done to locate hidden or unreported profits. Lol.

Also, "With a judgement, our client may file to seize all of your bank accounts, inventory, accounts receivable, real properties, etc." All this for a contract of $2,082.50 that was broken when they listed us as a entertainment company! Great job Hibu. I spent approximately $5000 a year with you for the past 5 years and would have continued as long as you do the job right! BUYER BEWARE. A TRULY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Hibu

Good morning David. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with your Hibu advertising. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution. Thank you.

June 23, 2017 David, thank you for taking the time to speak with us yesterday. We apologize that we were unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

Original review: June 8, 2017

A HIBU sales rep Kathy ** came out to our business. After discussing YP inability to provide what was promised, HIBU promised they could. We were promised by Kathy she would stop in monthly to go over phone recording. She was going to answer all positive or negative Yelp and Google posting. We were promised top Google placement. We signed a 6-month contract with one month free. It took 3 months to get the Google placement going right. She never stop in to go over the phone recordings. Still waiting. Never responded to any posting. Still waiting.

After 6 months of nightmare billing process, HIBU suspended our servers. DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD. After we paid for 6 months and never got our free month. HIBU tries to auto renew us. PLEASE DO NOT renew us AND GO AWAY. Do what you say you are going to do. I paid for it. Provide the service we were promised. STAY AWAY. HIBU ARE LIARS AND HALF TRUTH BUSINESS.

Hibu

Hi Matt, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with us. We are glad we were able to discuss and resolve your concerns with us.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We are canceling all accounts with Hibu. They billed us nine months before we realized they had not done the job we was paying them to do. Their customer service is horrible. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was denied by Benjamin **, Employee Number **. Was sent bills that was for other people and called on bills for other people after we were told that we were not responsible for the bill and we had asked for them not to contact us about them.

ONLY ONE person at Hibu did their job and tried to help us (a small credit). NO ability to be able to contact management. NO customer service when called. Then they ask us to renew on an account we told them we wanted nothing to do with. They auto renewed an account we did not approve them to do and then required us to pay for it because they had already printed it (again when we did not approve for it to be done). We will finally be able to fully cancel services on the 22nd of this month after trying since the first of the year. Please do not use Hibu, use any other Ad service.

All of the customer service associates were very helpful giving me options and helping me choose what was best for my business. I do not understand about all of the digital world, the networking, so the associate was very helpful in walking it through the process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Hibu

We have attempted several times without success to contact you regarding your Consumer Affairs concern. It is our wish to answer your inquiry in a timely and satisfactory manner, so we ask that you contact our Customer Service Department at 1.800.929.3556. We can be reached Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST. As soon as we receive your call, we will be happy to review your inquiry.

Original review: May 16, 2017

It seems that even if HIBU tried to improve something (which they failed to do) it was so insignificant so even they (HIBU) can't explain what an "improvement" means. My site was in first three organic positions in all major search engines as it now, one year later. Complete waste of money. One should be very careful when company force you to sign long term contract. Dirty business model. Let me go ahead and sanitize my hands. Looking forward to the day of expiration of my one year term to call and cancel.

Don't repeat my mistake. I usually read reviews on credible review sites such ConsumerAffairs and others, but this time I failed my own principles since my employee's boyfriend came as a trusted person working for HIBU. When I talk to customer representative on the phone with request to stop their services she didn't even try to veil her "gotcha!" attitude pointing in conversation that I can't refuse their services because I didn't read their "small print" about the one-year-term. Read reviews! Make your own decision.

Dr. Perman,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to assist you with a resolution.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. I’m glad we were able to reach an amicable resolution.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: May 15, 2017

As I see many others have reported, lots of attention to get you signed up, not much follow thru once a customer for SEO services. Called last month, in plenty of time to terminate my 12-month contract before a 13th monthly payment would be charged. Just saw a new charge -- called immediately to ask why my 1-yr contract wasn't terminated as I requested a month ago. Was told I was supposed to have called them back to finalize the process (??) and now the new charge can't be reversed. Bad experience all around. Bad idea to do business with this company.

Hibu

Thank you for your understanding during our recent conversation regarding your advertising concern. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and pleased we were able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I was misled into the program. All I wanted was the creation of a new website. After the fact I was told that I did not own the website, I could not transfer it, and was locked into a $100.00 a month fee for as long as I wanted to use the website. I felt the fraud occurred in failure to disclose these facts in advance. I also think that your e-mail saying that I had previously said I would recommend HIBU to others is false. I have not felt that way and would not make that statement.

Hibu

Stacey, Thank you for your time and understanding during our recent conversation regarding your website changes. I am sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you. We do like to continue to improve our processes and are grateful for your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to reach out in the future, thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2017

My recent experience has been less than stellar. I had fantastic customer experience during the sales process. Good customer service during the initial installation process, but now it has went to non-existent. If I need changes done they are not timely. I don't get return phone calls and in the scheme of things, if the lack of customer service persists I can imagine that we will probably not stay with Hibu for the long haul.

Rebecca,

We’re delighted to read your feedback about the print advertising and your website!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect website for each customer!

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: May 5, 2017

I have had exceptional service from Hibu for several years now. Once, (and only once) was there a mistake. I was reimbursed $100 for the mistake that was made. My business has gained many new clients from working with Hibu. They have made something that is hard for me personally easy and the prices are very fair.

Hibu

Great feedback, Kim! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with the Display program and our service.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: May 4, 2017

Our company has been with HIBU for the past 5 years. I have nothing but positive to say about every representative I've come in contact with from our account rep Dave that makes regular stops to see us, to our inside reps that make sure our business stays successful!! When I need to make a change it's done immediately and they give me advice and reports to help me make the decisions for the changes. Nothing is ever done without backup of real company data. Just an amazing company. I have other companies calling weekly to get our business, I have NO reason to leave HIBU and I recommend them to anyone!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 22, 2017

PUBLICpublished review 5/22/17
The business relationship started a little rocky. The web coordinator and I had a few challenges with communication. Not hearing from him in two weeks and not able to complete my website. I had to place a brief review through consumer affairs to get the attention from HIBU cooperate office. IT WORKED!!!
The final stages to complete the website was great and better communication was between us.

I rate the company a five, because even though it was a little rocky at first, the final proud was immaculate.

Original review: April 20, 2017

They were quick to take my $431 dollars, but slow to follow and respond to my concerns. I have not in 14 days from April 6, 2017 received a follow up call on the status of my web design. I have left several voicemail messages, called several departments and emailed this person. Why as the customer do I have to chase down Hibu's employees. I paid them for service not the other way around. All I am asking for is communication, follow up and status of my website going live. WOW!!! I will see how long it will take for them to launch my website live. I have left another email for both the sales representative and design coordinator. I have ask them to please call me by EOB Friday, April 21, 2017.

Do NOT use Hibu for your advertising needs. They were designing a website for our small business. We did not like the look of the website, so we did not give them the ok to publish. 3 years later, after taking charge of the billing for the company I found we were being charged $102 a month for the past 3 years. When I called to ask them what they are charging us for they said it became a verbal contract once it was launched. The website never "launched." I never approved it, it was never published but the manager explained it launched on their end and it was our problem because that was part of the so-called contract. So we paid almost $4000 for absolutely nothing, and their company had no problem charging us this. They are a bunch of scammers and treat their customers poorly. Please don't make the same mistake we did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have dealt with Hibu for years, and now have a new rep.Tina ** (beware). My husband met with her for 6 hours and talked him into a webpage that she promised would put him at the top of his business. She claimed that the web page would only cost $500. a month and could go as high as $1000.00 with all the clicks he would be getting. My husband questioned the price several times to Tina. She assured him it was only $500 a month unaware of her adding costly things into the contract without his knowledge, and yes he signed a contract thinking it was for $500 a month. She knew what she was doing, how she sleeps at night, but at the same time laughing all the way to the bank. Shame on her. Karma will be visiting her. He came home all happy and I proceeded to call Tina in reference to the meeting they had and ask again how much. Again Tina stated $500.

As time went on I began to see withdraws from our business checking account from HIBU. I called Tina and asked what these withdrawals were? She claimed she could not get into her computer and would call me back the following Monday. This happened at least 2-3 times. Never got an answer. They ended up taking out $1171. on March 4th. My husband called Tina on March 20th (not Happy) and all she could say was sorry. On March 23rd I talk to CS asked for a manager, he refused to let me talk to a manager, that a manager would contact me within 24-48 hours nothing yet. He also said my bill every month would be $1148.19. 2 days later I received a bill for $1777.32. Just contacted billing and talk to a Maria. She said my monthly bill will be $1423.00. These people are like robots. No knowledge and not helpful. So I will be cancelling HIBU and will not recommend them to anyone.

They are a rip off. We are being charged for clicks, but funny no business from them. We've heard that they pay people to go on these sites and click to generate monies for them. This is such a disappointment to think you are dealing with a professional to help you better your business and all they are doing is ripping you off. I also cancelled any more activity in my checking account from them. Hope a real manager sees this and contacts me to resolve this issue.

We signed the contract for a website with HIBU. They developed our website (with our help and some of our design and photos) for us, for which we paid a partial amount of 700 USD upfront. The website came out pretty good, but then the nightmare started. They wanted us to pay them additional money for the website and we paid them additional 1,200 USD today. Yet, they refused to give us the "keys" and the "codes" for our website. Is this a market economy in the US? Here a customer has the right to choose, no? We thought and sincerely believed so. This is a rip-off. Never go with this company.

When I was approached about having Hibu do my website for the second time (the first attempt was unacceptable), I was told that my website (which I paid $299 for) would be mine and could be moved to another host. I recently decided to move the site to a substantially cheaper hosting service. Only then was I told that this information was FALSE and that the website that I paid $299 for still belongs to Hibu and can only be hosted by them. This apparently was in the contract of small print, which I admit I did not bother to read. Instead, I relied on the veracity of their staff.

Ugh! I just learned after signing a 12-month contract ($29 mo) with Hibu that they are owned by Yellow Book. Hibu showed me the "improvement" from 30% efficiency to 90% efficiency the first month, but all they did was add me to 2 bizarre social media sources. Years ago I had a salon with 3 categories, they inversed my ads making them each inaccurate after never having sent me a proof to authorize the listing, then charged me hundreds of dollars, then "auto renewed" me after my contract was done saying I should have "opted out" WTF!!

I told them water will freeze in Hades before I pay them. They chased me for years over it, even 2 complete separate business later, then said, "Oh ok, if you re-sign up for advertising, we will forgive your old debt" (The business that was here before me lost this storefront because they also failed to give her a proof, and instead of her phone number for the lift chair for the elderly company she ran, the typo went to a beer bar joint and she plummeted out of business). 7 years ago when I was just learning about SEO, struggling with making good advertising decisions with my limited funds, they lied and said the phone book was targeting my demographic for a tanning salon - far from true. No Hibu. My first bill supposed to be $29 is $59 so on the phone with dealings trying to get the rep on the phone to fix it.

Our Company has put advertising in the Hibu book for years and have had problems most every time we did, especially for the last 3 years. We told our salesman this year we didn't want to renew it and he was quite a talker. He told us if we would keep our ad like we had it he would add internet service to that and that they would correct all our error in the search engines which never happened. I called him more than one time which after about the second call he ignored my call because he knowed what my problem was. Our ad on our landing page was wrong from the beginning and I stayed after them till finally they done that. But with the internet all I got was "Google is sending you a number" which after about 2 months I finally got and I had warned the multiple times that I was going to hire someone else if they didn't get it done.

Finally after about 3 months I hired another company to do it and sent Hibu a search result which I still have, with all the errors on the search results and told them I had hired another company. When the salesman finally got back to me he said "what else can we do. They are all corrected." I said "yes they are and the other company done it in about 2 weeks where you took over 3 months and it still wasn't done." I have to say they refunded me part of the money for the internet but the thing was the ad in the phone book was a part of that. Without the internet part, and our deal was stated we would have never took anything. Don't do business with them trying to make deals with you unless you have it in writing, because in my opinion they won't keep their word. Company name is A & A Air Conditioning & Heating, Ar.

As a web developer, I occasionally get a client who is literally "stuck" with Hibu. Trying to access the site to do any work is impossible and trying to get control of the domain name is next to impossible. They refuse to answer emails and provide terrible customer service, especially when you decide to move to another service. Avoid them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My company had advertising with HIBU for a little over a year. We were unsatisfied with what they offered. HIBU was charging us for services which we did not feel we were getting. We requested that everything be cancelled. We paid them for the print ad in the yearly yellow pages and requested that no further advertising be done on our behalf. They kept billing us. They renewed our contract without our knowledge and damaged the website that we had built on our own. It seems like our contract was forged. HIBU kept charging us for various services after repeated phone calls with them. I had to contact them once a month and sometimes more often to reiterate my desire to cease business with them. Every time our conversation ended in HIBU assuring me that everything was cancelled and that there would be no further billing. Every month I would get a bill any way. This went on for over a year.

I refused to pay and sent them all the documentation and emails that I had with their agreement to cancel. They offered me a discount, but I did not order their service and don't owe them at all. Because I refused to pay for services which they kept on billing me for after repeated cancellations, they have sent my account to Rauch Milliken, an extremely aggressive collections service. HIBU has damaged my onsite presence which we are still trying to recover from, has damaged my credit with Dun & Bradstreet, and still continues to threaten me. I have investigated complaints online and this seems to be a common practice with HIBU and small business customers. I can provide further details and documentation upon request.

In June 2016 we purchased a restaurant from my brother in law. He previously signed a contract with Hibu for a Yellowbook ad, website and display ads (online marketing). The cost for this was around $398 per month (and not worth the money). When we bought the business our sales agreement clearly stated we were not taking on any liabilities of the prior owner, so the prior owner finished out his prior contract and paid by credit card. We decided to keep the website and the Yellowbook ad for $99 per month. Well, months go by and Hibu did not stop the service when the prior owner asked and continued to charge his credit card. He took this matter up with Chase Fraud and fought it. His complaint was valid and upheld; Hibu had to credit his card back the money they charged him that was NOT owed. So, Hibu decided to tack his charges on to our account. We are fighting this...

We've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Illinois Attorney General. In addition, I can't get them to shut down our website or our Yellowbook ad. Every time I call, they tell me the prior owner has to call; oh my we keep going around and around. Hibu will try to get do all they can to not cancel your service so they can keep charging you, threaten collections and take unauthorized amounts out of your accounts. I have also visited my bank and disputed the money they continue to withdraw from our account (my mistake for even agreeing to pay for the website and Yellowbook ad ach for the $99 a month). This is an ongoing issue and we hope to get resolve. I tallied up the hours of emails, calls, text and writing about this issue - I have spent close to 97 hours battling with Hibu to date.

This company is a joke! We sold one of our businesses over a year ago and when I called in last year (2016) to pay the contract in full and tell them that we had sold it I was told that we were all good. Then a few months ago we started getting billed again for our contract and I thought that maybe they just messed up so I mailed them a copy of the business closure forms that were sent to the KS Department of Revenue and the IRS as well as the above mentioned information to see if it would get corrected. Needless to say I got yet another bill and called them today and after talking to 4 people, 1 of which was a manager, I was basically told that just because I sent them a copy of closure from the IRS and the Department of Revenue doesn't mean that they can close my account and said we were still in a contract.

So after some choice words I decided to pay off this contract only if I got an email confirmation today to be done with this stupid company. The manager then proceeds to tell me that she can give me a 10% discount, yet when I ask for the payoff amount she states, "well if you want the discount it is going to take a few days to get approved?" I'm beyond pissed at this point and explain that I just want to be done with the company so to take my payment and give me a confirmation #! So I pay the contract off in full then get told that I have to be transferred to yet another department to "opt out" of any future billings! Are you kidding me? How many departments does it take to close an account?

So after I spoke with an agent to opt out of future billings I ask him to send me an email and I say, "so I am opted out of any future billings and my account is closed now, right?" He proceeds to tell me that the agent only told him to opt me out, not to close my account; so I would need to call back to verify that. I called back again and spoke to the collections department and they verified it was taken care of so we will see! 3 reference numbers and 2 emails later I really hope so?!!!

When I was renewing my Yellow Pages advertising the sales rep was pushing this Wave program telling me it will optimize my internet searches. He failed to tell me that there is a charge of $30/month. I was not interested and told him so. He snuck it into my contract anyway. When I called and emailed them informing that I did not agree to anything other than my Yellow Page ads they told me it would be canceled and the rep would come back with a new contract. He did it again. He snuck that same charge into my contract. This is a highly disreputable company and the sales reps are extremely dishonest. I will not be doing business with hibu or Yellowbook in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Paid $29.00 per month to optimize all listings starting in June 2016. After 4 calls to their terrible customer service, not only are you locked in a 12 month contract, No work had been done to make sure all my listings were correct. In November after a June Start and my second phone call finally, one site was "verified". So after more than an Hour on the telephone and I finally reached the Investigation Department and asked for 5 months credit. Four days later I received an Email offering me a settlement of 5 months credit and a listing of all the sites they had done nothing with for a mere $29.00 per month. Huge waste of money and time.

Never use this Wave Service or HIBU.com for anything. Waste of time and money. If you have the service, Call the investigation department and ask for a credit for any time you have already paid for! You will eventually win this one with a least a credit for this useless service. Automated Payment, cannot display receipt. Joseph ** will say anything to have you sign up for this service. Do not fall for the pitch that they will help. Do anything you have not already done yourself.

Jim,

As discussed earlier today, we have added a free listing to the next printing of the directories as well as to your website www.yellowbook.com. We apologize for any inconvenience and we are glad we were able to resolve this matter.

Sincerely,

Heather

Jim:

Hibu Customer Service has opened a claim on your account to investigate what've communicated. We are trying to reach you to discuss. Please contact us at 1-800-929-3556.

Thank you.

Hibu Customer Service Claims

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Our company, Foothill-Sierra Pest Control, has advertised in the past in Hibu's Sonora Area Yellowbook. This year, 2016, we opted to not run any display advertising, which upset the sales representative of Hibu. The book, the 2017/2018 edition, just came out (December 2016) and we see that Hibu removed our listing entirely from the yellow pages. There are 23 companies listed in the pest control column, of which three ran display ads. Their exclusion of our company from the yellow pages appears to be an act of retribution. Hibu is a low-class company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hibu made many promises to me concerning SEO and Digital Marketing for my company, but they produced no results during a 3 month time period. Although they continually sent glowing reports via email, this translated into zero productivity. We received no telephone calls, or email inquiries from prospective customers. Do not waste your money! The staff at Hibu are only good at taking your money, but are unable to produce results.

They promised us the world to get us to sign up for 3 months. We were to get 370 contacts per month for spending $12,000 each month. After the first week of no action at all, I started inquiring with my rep and web adviser and kept getting different stories. After 3 weeks I had a conversation with one of their web advisors and she told me I was lied to by my representative. After much complaining they actually let me out of the contract but are now suing me to try and get me for the first month's fees. They will also try and sue you personally. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

We wasted over $3,000 with this company. They refused to cancel our contract and tried to continually tell me that we were actually having great results. We did not have new leads come in, they told us it because of our website... which they created. Please do not waste your money with this company!

I subscribed to this service only because of a member of my BNI (Business Network International) group worked for them. He seemed to know a lot about SEO etc., but what do I know about it? Nothing. Anyway, he set up a meeting with him and the Google PPC campaign guru to give me all the information and pricing I needed to get started. Well, I signed up for a $1500/month campaign because I was told my city got 40,000 searches a month for roofers, plus I would only be charged for clicks to my website. Not true! They pulled the old bait and switch on me.

After a month with zero clicks, I started to complain to the sales guy. He assured me I was only going to get changed for the clicks, so I let it go. After the second month, I got hit with a $1500 bill and when I called him about it, he said I was paying that much no matter what and that I would be getting a credit for only one month if I didn't get my money's worth at the end of 3 months. This is NOT what he told me when I signed up and when I complained about it. I am going to contact the BBB, Ripoff report.com etc. Also, if I don't get my money back now and allowed to cancel this contract, I will get an attorney!

Do not use these people for any of your business advertising as they will mess it up completely. I used them a couple of years ago and they were so bad I got the advertising cancelled and my money back. I have recently been contacted by them again saying that all the problems I had before had been sorted so I decided to give them another chance, big mistake. I received an email stating my Adwords advertising has gone live but it wasn't showing at all. After numerous calls I managed to get that sorted but it was being seen 24/7 and not the designated days and times I wanted.

Also the number that was being displayed was for another company so I was getting calls from people who wanted to hire a van but I'm actually a locksmith. I complained so much my account managers manager said he would get it all cancelled which was music to my ears and the advertising disappeared shortly afterwards. I thought that was that but today they took the monthly payment from my bank and when I called to complain yet again they said the account had not been cancelled and is still active. My problems still go on as I now have a fight on my hands again to get my money back. Also I have given them 1 star cause I'm unable to give no stars.

Hibu Company Profile