Call toll free
3.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for a trusted marketing partner that will help your small business grow? At Hibu we are experts at driving local and qualified leads to your business website. With cutting edge digital and print marketing solutions, Hibu is here to help your business be found. Our services include website development, search engine optimization, social marketing, reviews, advertising campaigns and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business grow, compete and succeed.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

770 Hibu Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We always have a great experience with Steve. He is very knowledgeable and listens to what we say. He is good at helping us resolve any issues we might have and makes excellent suggestions on how we can improve. We also have excellent help with making any changes with our website. The only problems we have is when we have to deal with the people in billing.

Hibu response

Cheri, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We aim to provide the best services for our customers and will use this to improve on our customer experience.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was debating about doing Pay Per Click myself on Google, but I decided to hire because it was more work than I wanted to do in my little bit of free time. I’m so glad I used Hibu. Their ads were fantastic and brought customers right to the page of my website they were searching on.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tamina is extremely helpful, I've been working with her for close to 2 years off and on. She's been always able to answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking help for online marketing. Thanks Tamina. Your service is superb!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience has been nothing but top notch. Excellent customer service, attention to detail and turnaround times. My response to the services has been excellent and well worth the investment. I look forward to seeing more great results. I am so grateful and appreciative of Ken ** and everything he has done to help my business. I would highly recommend Ken and Hibu to any business owner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hibu has helped me update my website and been very helpful along the way. They have been more involved than the company I worked with before and come and physically talk to me often. I am glad I made the switch to Hibu.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have worked with Susan ** for several years, and could not be happier with her. She has taken the time to really get to know my business. I would certainly recommend her, and Hibu to anyone. She is definitely an asset to the Hibu.

Hibu response

Kevin, We’re delighted to read your feedback about us your representative, Susan!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each customer!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My experience with HIBU and my sales rep, Julie **, has been excellent. She has been very attentive to my account and has been incredibly helpful walking me through this digital landscape! I would highly recommend HIBU and Julie to any business that is looking to grow their business and increase online visibility.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Jeff! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with Hibu and Julie! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Apparently everyone loves or hates Hibu. I was sucked in by the promises of Patricia about how she would be “my person”. She said I could contact her for all problems. I have not heard from her in several months. The website was not changed since the original month except when they added videos I sent them. She won’t return calls to resolve a major issue. I agree to a 6 month contract that was well above what I could afford in my new small business. After Hibu continued to bill after 6 months, Patricia continues to ignore me. I refused to pay and let my credit card company deal with the bill. Now they are apparently going to erase my website. Where is “my person” Patricia now? Don’t use Hibu unless you want to learn an expensive lesson!

Hibu response

Hi Peggy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Hibu. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Sales representative show a high level of professionalism and eager to go above and beyond customer satisfaction. It is a pleasure to have this associate assist my company with our advertising needs. She is always willing to meet with us when is most convenient for us. Even when running late she is always willing to wait for us. We are satisfy with the services she is delivered to our company and will highly recommend her.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

They provided no services to me. I cancelled my account 12 hours after signing up. They performed no services for me, we did not compose an ad, nothing. I cancelled and they still billed me after I received a cancellation email. AVOID this Company.

Hibu response

10/10/18 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with Hibu!!! Very unprofessional service and capabilities. No audio on my site video, Charging for changes that should be included in the web build quote. Too much bs. I do not recommend this service as not to be trusted and very poor service!!!

Hibu response

Brian, when you have a free moment please reply to my emails. I need your Hibu account information to review your concern further. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Always a great meeting. Stacy explains things well and answers questions. We upgraded our website to the new version. We are pleased with the continued service. We do not have a great response with our customers and the website, as most business is from locals.

Hibu response

Lou, Thank you for taking the time to share your Hibu experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new website!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We started with Hibu 6 months ago. Used them for SEM and display ads. Our clicks have skyrocket. We have just added a social campaign. With this they are testing ads to see results then pushing the most responsive ad to get the best results, I love that they take the time to make sure the campaign is successful.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Dustin! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Search, Display and Social campaigns!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Hibu offers a wide array of online services and with results! Since we signed up we have seen a 100 percent jump in business! They redesigned our website, brought it up to date and incorporated our own review system! Very helpful staff that will walk us through any changes we need, and an easy format for our own modifications and blogging! Highly recommended!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Tennison! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Website, Reviews and Online Display ads!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Julie ** has done an awesome job on upgrading our website! She took our website from the 90's to the 20th century. She offered great suggestions and was "Julie on the stop" for changes that needed to be made. Anytime we have had questions or want to make changes/adds, Julie takes care of Metro Glass immediately as if we were her only client. I will recommend Julie ** and Hibu to others.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Brandon organized, researched and cleared up account issues and got all of our advertising current and social sites linked. Other competitors have tried to get us to switch and I have told them no. I like the cohesion of one company handling all aspects of the advertising so there is much less confusion.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

They don’t do what they promise and won’t cancel my contract even after they repeatedly screwed up. I’m paying for lost leads. They are basically stealing from me! Story: A sales rep came to my business for 2 days in a row along with his manager. Then put me on a webinar with another sales rep and they promised me: better leads than I can get, more impressions per ad, real time metrics to my ad (the ones FB offers for free), instant emails of new leads, an analyst that is knowledgeable with FB campaigns. None of this has happened! They have gotten me 2 leads in 5 days. I can get 2 leads in 1 hour through FB myself. Their impressions are only about 300-500 daily which is really poor.

Here is where I’m pissed. I have 2 new leads but haven’t been able to download them for over 4 days 'cause of an issue they can’t fix. This is lost money and they still want to charge me for this?? The leads weren’t even emailed to me, I had to go in and see that they were there in their portal. Speaking of portal, the metrics are about a day behind and just show some bar graphs that mean nothing. Their filter for day, month, all time doesn’t even work properly. My analyst is suppose to be a specialist, but everything I tell her, she says that she will send it to her team to see what they can do. Why am I speaking to her then? Put me in contact with a person that can make things happen. She is just a roadblock that is delaying the fix. DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY. SCAM!!

Hibu response

Allen, thank you for taking the time to work with me on your concerns. I am glad, in the end, we were able to reach an acceptable resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

HIBU has done in a few months, what my former website and social media people did not do in years! Thank you Steve **, Ruth ** and staff for upping our image.

Since our website and social media campaign went live, we have seen a dramatic increase in our new client response rate. What am I saying, with our former provider, we saw nothing. They not only did not correct errors in our internet footprint, they created them. Thank you!

Hibu response

This is great news Eric! We are happy for your increase in new client responses. Thank you for sharing.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Hibu and their local team gave me an in person presentation and patiently helped craft a campaign that has need excellent results. I also get emailed results that I can review and make changes as needed. I would recommend a consultation and see what they can do for you!

Hibu response

We are happy that you are getting great results and taking advantage of the reports. Thank you Ron for letting us know.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This is by far the worst arrangement I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. I was solicited at my business by George ** "Senior Account Executive". During and after his pitch. I expressed my opinion that I did not think Yellow Pages, which is now Hibu, would provide much of a return, that I don't think their platform (or book) is really used, and that I don't think it would be worthwhile investment. He would not take no for an answer, continued to persist, and assured me that there are still a significant amount of use on both their website and their book. Obviously, I was skeptical. The sales pitch was very much one of those "I'm not leaving until you say yes or kick me out" kinds of pitches.

The big picture was that we would pay a deposit, then, months down the road when the book actually ships, we would make 12 monthly payments to pay the rest of the balance. And, in the meantime between the agreement and the distribution of the book, we would have our listing displayed on their website that entire time for no additional cost, and he assured me that we should pick up a few clients that would pay for the cost of the advertising in that time alone. Reluctantly, and mostly because of the months of "free" listing on their website, I stupidly agreed to their services. It has now been an entire year since that agreement was made and our listing has been on their site. An entire 365 days later and we have a grand total of 11 impressions on their listing. 11. That's not clicks, contacts, or inquiries. That's 11 times our listing was seen. 3 of which were me checking out the listing and verifying the information.

In regards to the book, it was distributed May 20th. It's now September 27th, over four months later. Now, part of what we signed up for was tracking of the website analytics and of the calls made to the number listed in the book (which redirects to our actual phone number). We have one phone call. And yes, that was us testing the number. I reached out to George more than once to express my frustration. The only response I received was a "give it more time to work" and a complete refusal to try to do anything at all to remedy my unhappiness with the arrangement.

This entire ordeal has been absolutely infuriating. As a business owner I would never offer a "service" that literally does nothing to provide what I'm telling my customers it will provide. And, if a customer approached me with any kind of dissatisfaction with my services, I would absolutely do anything I could to make it right. Hibu, and Yellowbook, and any other name they operate under is absolutely predatory, a scam, and entirely not worth the money. Be warned; do not fall prey to their promises like I did. You will most definitely regret it.

Hibu response

Brett, thank you for taking your time to express your concerns to me. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have been working with Madison ** at Hibu a few weeks now on development of a more aggressive online marketing for my company. She has been very responsive to my needs, communicates clearly, and finds answers to my questions and concerns. I am very satisfied with her services as a representative of Hibu for GutterX, LLC.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

JoAnn has gone out of her way to ensure we are satisfied with the service. Our campaign so far has produced thousands in revenue and a great ROI in a climate where I know people with other services are not making anything.

Hibu response

We are pleased that the campaign is working so well for your business. Thank you Samuel for sharing this.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I met Madison through Linkedin and I asked her if she can help me with my small business. She did not hesitate to set up a meeting to talk about how she can help me. She made me feel comfortable with my decision to work with Hibu and has been great throughout the whole process. She answers all my questions promptly when I call. Madison is great to work with and I would highly recommend her.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Jeremy ** sold me a bag of goods that did not get delivered and promised a 100% refund. Weeks later still no refund and no communication. No nothing. He had his manager call and tried giving me 2 months free, which it was not about that, it was the quality of the web page ducked and was not what I was sold. Buyer beware. Now I'm going after them legally.

Hibu response

10/5/18 Thank you for your understanding during our recent investigation regarding your hibu advertising. We are pleased to be able to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Don't do business with Hibu. You will get shafted and you WILL be LIED to!!! 3rd time Hibu charge me for rebuilding the same website. Rep told me to always contact her for website changes (I had no access to the website that Hibu built) and she would make it happen as many changes as I wanted. There were zero changes to the website for the entire YEAR. Tried repeatedly to contact rep for changes. Rep wouldn't call back. Used only tool I had, I stopped paying the bill. Hibu called repeatedly and wanted paid, repeatedly I said have my rep call me and I will pay. Never received a call from my rep. I never paid. Hibu called to renew my contract, never mentioned payment but very nice and slick talking. Old rep no longer there. Hibu turned me over to Rauch-Milliken International, Inc for collections, despite the dispute of the contract. Hibu is the one who broke the contract, and now my credit is being threatened for just over $500.

FYI: If you are already doing business with Hibu and find yourself in a situation similar to mine don't call Hibu. They will conveniently lose the recording of that phone call. Send them an email and don't delete your sent copy. That way you have PROOF of the communications. Even the phone calls that Hibu agents made to me to collect my payment where I told them to have the rep call me they can't find those recordings either. Received letter from Rauch-Milliken and sent them a check in their provided postage. Paid envelope which the United States post office placed a yellow sticker on it and returned it back to me, sticker said "RETURN TO SENDER. NO SUCH NUMBER. UNABLE TO FORWARD". Even their collections company Rauch-Milliken have really bad reviews. After reading some of their reviews maybe it is a blessing they didn't get my banking information.

9.26.2018

Hello Donald,

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to discuss.

10.4.2018

Good afternoon Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us regarding this matter. We are grateful that we were able to come to a mutually agreeable resolution.

The Hibu Team

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Our company, Magic Valley Restoration & Construction, has been extremely satisfied with HIBU, and especially our sales representative, Joy. We were looking to diversify our marketing campaign, and Joy made the process easy to understand and was extremely honest and thorough as we asked questions. We have been so pleased by the service we have received and the results of the campaign, I have started a similar marketing campaign for my personal real estate business. Thank you HIBU and Joy for helping take our Restoration & Construction business to the next level.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I can always count on Joy to keep me and our business current with the ever changing advertising environment. Joy knows what products that will be productive for our business and which ones that are not. She has access to a team of professionals, all of which have been exceptional to work with and have produced their work in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

90th & Maple Self Storage has been with Hibu since 2006. We have been very satisfied with their pricing, advertising, website, and their customer service. Also, we cannot thank Cory ** our Representative enough for all his help throughout the years!

Hibu response

Thank you for your loyalty Kelly. We appreciate the long term relationship. We hope you continue with Cory and Hibu for many years to come.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our rep, Marissa was very knowledgeable in explaining the process. Just haven't seen that our website has been "secured" as of yet. But the gentleman I had to speak with on the phone was pleasant as well, but I had to answer a lot of what I thought were unnecessary questions being it was just an upgrade to have our site be secure, everything was the same.

9.24.2018

Good afternoon Pattie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our services. Someone from our Customer Care team will be in touch to see if there is any assistance that we can offer.

Thanks,

Hibu expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hibu offers digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States. The company’s services include digital listings management, search marketing, display advertising, directory services, website creation, social marketing and SEO optimization. It is headquartered in Uniondale, New York and has been in the marketing industry for over 80 years.

• Unified marketing: Hibu offers everything from website design and SEO optimization to advertising and social marketing. This array of services mean businesses get a unified marketing campaign.

• Facebook Marketing Partner: Hibu is one of only a few business to be a Facebook Marketing Partner for Small Business Solutions. The Facebook Marketing program ensures that businesses can find reputable marketing companies to help them with social advertising.

• Other partnerships: Hibu is a Google Premier Partner, Yahoo Preferred Partner and Bing Ads SMB Select Partner. All of these partnerships indicate Hibu’s experience in the industry and tell business clients that the company has the expertise to provide advertising services.

• Free consultation: Business clients interested in Hibu’s services can fill out an online form to be contacted by a company representative. They will receive a no-obligation consultation to help them determine whether Hibu is a good fit for their needs.

• Blog: Hibu’s website includes a blog with articles many business owners and decision makers will find useful. Topics include SEO versus PPC, website design, social media advertising and more. Articles are available for free.

• Best for: small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs