Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Intuit Quickbooks is accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses and people who are self-employed. Quickbooks lets you connect your bank account to easily categorize transactions and sync with popular apps. The company’s financial tools also assist with invoicing, payment reminders and direct deposit.

Intuit - Quickbooks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intuit - Quickbooks?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I took the bait when my Quickbooks online account offered me the option to set up a new quickbooks case account, estimated to save me up to $995. in annual transfer fee savings, with immediate funds availability. None of those representations have been true so far. I was not able to transfer any funds out until 3 days later. The transfer shows up as leaving their account, but has not arrived at the target account yet. The surprise NSF fees they hit me with due their unpredictable transfer fees were outrages, nearly $80 because there were not enough funds left in the account after the supposed transfer, seemed outrageous. Robotic help only which they so kindly offered me did nothing to help. Now, how do I close it? At the moment, this is looking like a scam, DON'T.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This is my second review ever and I am sorry to report the customer service abilities are so limited. My Quickbooks was shut down out of the blue with 0 warning for not paying subscription. Yes my fault but I have been a customer for 10 years and I made an accident. 2 pm on Tuesday I was scheduled to have my Quickbooks available to re-subscribe, however it's been "36" hours and there's no way to get in touch with someone unless it's on their time between 9 am and 9pm? Good Luck to whoever has a problem that needs customer support.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

You would think that with all the people who use Quickbooks, it would be a decent product. You would be wrong. It's as if they've deliberately designed a slow, poorly programmed, archaic program that crashes at every instance. Here's Intuit's basic attitude to their customers: "Hello there; what's that? You want some customer support? No problem! There's a cost for that! What's that? Your problem is the result of our negligence and poor programming? We don't care!" Oh, and if you do manage to reach a human being at Intuit, you can rest assured they work in India and have at least a passing familiarity with English. I'll be looking for a competitor's software in the future. One that actually works. God help us all if this is the best that the accounting-software market has to offer.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

It is so frustrating to call Intuit customer service. First it’s the wrong department. Then the agent could not solve the problem. When I consider the time wasted and the frustration involved - I’m going local. My local bookkeeping service will sort it out instead of me. In fact I’m looking at Xero.com instead of Quickbooks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Entries submitted to chart of accounts randomly uncategorized. Customer services account - Yes we have seen this behavior with certain customers, but we have no explanation why it happens. The solution is you will have to recategorize the 2,000 entries again manually. No way to contact customer service on phone, chat only. No response when sending email. Chat customer service often crashes randomly. They were charging me $12.95 per month with a closed merchant account for 8 years. Their response - "Sorry. Merchant services fees are not refundable."

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Intuit allows pro advisors that are reported to be performing with high incompetence to the general public and charge exorbitant pricing and do illegal advertising. They full well know but hide the negative reviews and allow false advertising on their very own platforms. They do not care about the general consumer; only protect the so called pro advisor to make money for themselves! I would not recommend anyone to obtain a pro advisor from their website. You cannot count on accurate reviews, etc.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I have been on hold with Intuit Quickbooks for nearly 3 hours. I have been disconnected from their chat department 3 times. I finally had to trick their system by calling their sales department. Their sales department confirmed that they literally have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!! At best, you must call sales and they will transfer you to their tech dept if you are locked out of your account. The person that I finally spoke with after waiting an hour asked me a few questions in his broken English. He then put me on hold again. He never came back on the line again and I finally hung up after ANOTHER HOUR of waiting for him to return!! I BEG YOU, do not give this company one thin dime. You WILL REGRET IT if you do!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I use Quickbooks only because my nationally franchised business requires it. I pay for their "Unlimited Technical Support" plan to ensure that my software is the most up-to-date and that I can get help if I need it. Quickbooks support is horrible. They make the IRS look Customer-Friendly. As I write this message, I am waiting for a scheduled 8:00 AM callback from their Tech Support. It was "scheduled" after more than 6 hours online yesterday with their techs failed to resolve an invoicing error. The error prevents me from invoicing or accepting online payments from my customers. Yesterday's call was the fifth follow-up call for this problem which has been recurring for five months.

If you are considering Quickbooks, I say "DON'T!" They make starting up easy, but if you ever have any sort of a problem, you'll be left in the ditch. They do everything possible to make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to reach a human. Their online chat is slow and unwieldy. Their follow-up is non-existent. My businesses pay over $1000/yr for Quickbooks accounting and payroll software. Once I sell the franchise, Quickbooks will be the first thing I throw in the trash.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Unfortunately I have had nothing but poor experiences with Intuit Quickbooks for the last 5 months. It is not an exaggeration to say that, without a HELOC we had available, the practices of Intuit Quickbooks would have closed our small business. The support and service one receives is extremely poor. It is as if you are a brand new client no one understands every time you call or try to use the chat. I tried to use the chat today for help with an issue printing a paper check. This issue has not occurred before. You have been using the same chat access since August. Suddenly, today, this chat cannot help me because now I use Quickbooks Online Core for Accountants. Except I do not. Nothing has changed for me. They refused to help me and told me I had to use a different chat for Accountants. Then after giving me that link and my trying to open it, the agent stated that I could not use the link unless they ended the chat.

When I ended the chat with them the other page they had directed me to, and that I was trying to use, disappeared as well. I had no link to this "other" chat. I called the phone number which showed up on the screen after the chat disappeared. I was told by the automated system that I would never be able to speak to a person on this automated system and to go online and use the...wait for it....CHAT. I am actively looking for another company. I have had more stress and feelings of extreme frustration and illness in dealing with this company in the past five months than I have in dealing with state agencies. And that says A LOT,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

In transferring my Quickbooks to a new computer the data on the flash drive was corrupted. I called Intuit for help, 4 calls later and almost 2 hours later, they logged into my computer and told me the file was corrupted and they could fix it and update my program for $549. I asked if I could use a backup on my external hard drive and just update from that. They said no. I wouldn't pay $549 so tried myself to load a previous backup. Of course, it worked just fine (although I've learned my lesson about timely updates... It took a long time to manually update). I really resent the man trying to take advantage of my obvious distress to make money, especially that outrageous amount.

Intuit - Quickbooks Company Information