Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Our TriNet Dedicated Team has been nothing but professional, responsive and concise when addressing issues of utmost urgency. I appreciate their response time and follow up when I have questions. It's also comforting to know that I don't need to go through tons of paperwork when it comes to payroll. They handle the behind the scenes set-up saving time and allowing me to focus on other areas of the business.

Get expert buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Pro:

* Steady state works very well.
    * Support single employee officer only company.
    * Support all 50 states.

* Access to large group medical coverage is fantastic.

Con:
    * Changes are more tedious than they should be for anything outside of the portal. Mostly this is due to the silo issue.
    * Phone support quality varies greatly based on who one gets.
    * The different silos within TriNet become evident quickly when trying to get things done.
    * Lack of transparent pricing compared to competitors such as JustWorks.

* Service fee minimum is at least double or triple what I would prefer.

Other:
    * Concierge medical would be nice.
    * Choice of HSA would be nice. Currently locked to insurance provider.

* Better international medical coverage options would be nice addition to medical coverage, even if an upcharge.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Having TriNet take the pressure off our business so we can concentrate on the business and not all the HR issues that come up. Handling payroll, tax payments, insurance for employee's all the elective benefits as well helps us when trying to bring in higher caliber people into our company. Response is usually quick when questions arise. We have the ability to take online training in areas of HR personnel. I have very pleased with the service.

TriNet response

Hi Dena, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TriNet. We are honored to serve your HR needs and look forward to continuing to be part of your business’s success.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

For the past three years, I have really enjoyed working with TriNet. They have taught me a lot about human resources, for which I am grateful. Our Human Capital Consultant, Christine ** has been a tremendous blessing to me. She has stuck with our organization through thick and thin. She has been patient to answer my many questions. She is always open and honest with me, and I appreciate that. Recently, our company fell below the threshold of employees required to have a designated Human Capital Consultant, but Christine requested to remain on our account, and her request was granted. I am so thankful for her and her expertise.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a challenging process of transferring my old insurance, including paid deductibles, out of pocket maximums, etc. The TriNet team made a few mistakes, which was frustrating, but they owned the issues and got things resolved. The onboarding process was very well scripted, as was their online tool. I really appreciate the sales management team stepping up to help push things through in the end. We're a small company and there cannot have been a big incentive for them, but they really got things done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said I had a wonderful experience with TriNet. And then they called me in December to tell me my health insurance premiums would be increasing 50-100% because I was a high user of insurance. They refused to put that in writing. When I actually received the new rates, my monthly insurance premium increased by 130%. So in two years my premium rates increased 167%. Thankfully the NY marketplace was still open until Jan 31. Many other state marketplaces were already closed. An increase in rates of plan does not qualify as a life event. I would have been left without insurance coverage if I was not living in NYC. They may not be able to discriminate against pre existing conditions but this is their workaround to continue to discriminate and make health insurance un-affordable to people with pre-existing conditions.

The irony is that I run a business in the fitness/wellness space and the outcome of our work is that we make people healthier. But the ability to continue to run my business has been compromised because of TriNet's shady practices. I requested to speak directly to the CEO and did not get a call back. I requested follow up with higher level customer service at the company and while we played phone tag, they did not return my last phone call and I still have not had the opportunity to speak to them about this issue. Think long and hard before you decide to work with TriNet. I do hope this is keeping their employees up at night knowing how they are adversely affecting people's lives. When something is too good to be true, it's because it is.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Overall happy with the experience. Only feedback is that I would like to see price reduction for next year since I'm increasing the employees under my companies. Time-off management seems to be issue with some of the employees when they need to accumulate and can't get negative days.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

We have used Trinet for several years now and are very pleased with their services. We have not had any issues with any of their services. Payroll, benefit tracking and reporting have all been very good. Staff is very helpful when needed and we are pleased with all of the services we use.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Joyce always helps me with whatever I need, this was no different. I needed a change of account form and she sent me the link because it wasn't clear on the website where to do this. Anytime that I speak with Joyce she is always willing to help me.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have been with TriNet since 1999. Having the support of outsourced HR at the level provided by TriNet allows me to focus on the business while offering the highest level of human resources and benefits available. I can highly recommend TriNet and plan to remain a client. The service is invaluable.

TriNet expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

• Best for: TriNet is best for small to mid-sized businesses.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team