Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Our contact at TriNet is always quick to respond and very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of HR. They make this easy for our small company. TriNet can handle all our HR needs including payroll, reporting, compliance and benefits. This saves our company many man hours trying to focus on new laws, paperwork and/or a full time HR expert to handle all this.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I recommend TriNet and Michelle ** very highly. We have been going through a very difficult time with an employee who succumbed to Covid-19 very badly and has been out for an extended period of time and Michelle has been helping me navigate all the difficult things one has to do. I would never have been able to manage without her. I cannot recommend TriNet highly enough, having their knowledge and support when you need during a very stressful time. It has been wonderful and we are all truly grateful. Isabel

Original review: June 30, 2020

TriNet allows us, as a small nonprofit, to focus on our work. We have a dedicated person (Thomas **) who is always accessible and responsive. If he doesn't know an answer, which is rare, he forwards the question/request to the appropriate part of TriNet. TriNet reduces the burden of managing our payroll, PTO, and benefits functions. While we're still responsible, they do all of the computations and submission for taxes, FMLA, etc. from the backend of the system. The new report system is great. It allows us to easily filter for specific criteria or to build our own reports. Plus, we can save any regularly used reports as our favorites, even the ones we have customized. We love TriNet.

TriNet response

Thank you for the love, LeAnn. It is our pleasure to be able to help you serve the community and achieve your mission. We will share your kind words with Thomas, as well.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Since working with TriNet, the majority of my experiences have been pleasant. My reps were always very professional and responsive--from first working with Karen ** to now working with Tammy **. And if they did not have answers to my questions, they always knew who to refer me to. I enjoy working with TriNet and would definitely recommend them to other colleagues.

TriNet response

Hi Valerie, we enjoy working with you too and appreciate your kind words about Karen and Tammy. We’ll be sure to pass them along!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Trinet is a great PEO. We have been with them for 5 years and their renewal rates are fantastic. Their customer service reps are always on the ball and very knowledgeable. We have complete confidence in Trinet and plan to continue our relationship with them for many years to come. I recommend them to everyone I know who needs help with their HR and payroll issues.

TriNet response

Thank you, Cheryl, for being a loyal TriNet customer and we look forward to many more years of fulfilling your HR needs.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I have been with TriNet since 2018. I was quite happy with them and viewed them as a business partner. They recently moved away from offering a designated person who would help you navigate through the array of services they offer. Now, I get a chat, email or call option (where you sit on hold forever). The emails go unreturned and you have to keep a diary of who you spoke to on what topic and of course, you can never find the same person again for follow up questions or because they didn't follow up. Needless to say, I'm shopping for another company who can provide a more personalized experience. I'm sorry to be leaving, it's a hassle.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have been a TriNet user since 2015. The service provided has been excellent. The passport portal has made improvements and is easy to navigate and process our business. I have had 2 consultants during this period, Krisi ** and Diana ** who have both been responsive, knowledgeable and quite helpful.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Customer service is non-existent. They forgot to complete our autodraft and it caused a disruption in pay. I couldn't get in contact with my assigned account executive to rectify for a week. I ended up getting more traction through the general phone number. Additionally, we've tried to consolidate our systems to TriNet and haven't gotten timely responses. If I'm trying to give you more money and you can't respond in less than a week, that's a problem.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We were happy with TriNet a couple of months ago. Then the customer service was not the same. We were told from one day to the other that our HR rep was going to be a new person. We were never told why. The new person is not very attentive and responds a few days if not weeks later. There have been mistakes on TriNet's side which we had to fix. If there are changes to the Time Off system balances, it takes weeks to correct. Overall from when we started to now, the service has diminished in the HR rep part. Our payroll seems to be okay right now.

TriNet response

Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing frustration. Please know we are actively working to ensure you receive the quality of service you have come to expect from us. Please email socialmedia@TriNet.com if there are any outstanding issues we can help escalate.

Original review: March 11, 2021

With some of the recent changes, it feels like you are driving me to look at your competition. Specifically Connect360 and now changing our handbook and putting all the work on my plate to add the policies you are removing myself. I know this is not your intention and you must be making these move because you think it allows you to provide better service. However, as a long time loyal customer it makes me feel confused and unhappy.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for being a long-time customer. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with our services. We value your feedback and are actively working to ensure that Connect 360 delivers the quality of service and HR expertise that you deserve. We take your concerns seriously and want to apologize once more that we have fallen short.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team