TriNet

Discover a recommended PEO service now

TriNet

Discover a recommended PEO service now

58 TriNet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Not only did TriNet have my Cobra check stolen out of their facility, they did not advise me of such until two months later (the check had been cashed), and then they made me pay the amount again to keep my Cobra up to date. It does not end there. When I exhausted Cobra they were supposed to transition my account to CalCobra. Yes, I filled out all the CalCobra forms ahead of time. Though to date that has not happened! Just spent the morning on the phone with TriNet trying to get this straightened out, plus a slew of other mistakes that they have created.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We switched to Trinet in April 2018. Although their service fees were already the highest of the four PEO's that we compared, the decisive factor was the healthcare premiums. Our bookkeeping department immediately noticed that the payroll reports are impossible to work with and completely inconsistent, making it very cumbersome to import them into QBO.

Once they had us hooked, the fee increases started. Despite numerous requests to get info on the premiums in February of this year, they informed us about a 20% rate increase on the premiums at a moment that we could not get back to the market to compare prices. Then when we had to accept the new annual premiums because of the time crunch and signed up for another year, Trinet announced that they would increase their service fees even further by 10%. And last week they announced with only 36 hrs notice that they will charge an additional $1000 exit fee per 1 September. Stay away from this organization. They are the typical 'bait and switch' scammers!

Get expert buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The CFO of my small company pitched using TriNet as an employer organization to get better health plans and reduce accounting costs. I agreed and the deal was struck. TriNet seemed to be appropriate, but I kept getting dinged for all sorts of trivial expenses. However, I kept TriNet around 5 years or so. Mainly because my CFO liked them. The reason I will never know. I should have shopped around more. My CFO decided to retire and I decided we could go without TriNet. My what a crap storm ensued. Fee, upon fee, upon fee. Mind you, nothing to break the bank, but seemed to be a theatrical desire to milk as much as possible. A few of my employees went contractor status. Now granted a common thing with reorganization, but Cobra with TriNet? My gosh. Still fee, delay, hey, a fee. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a challenging process of transferring my old insurance, including paid deductibles, out of pocket maximums, etc. The TriNet team made a few mistakes, which was frustrating, but they owned the issues and got things resolved. The onboarding process was very well scripted, as was their online tool. I really appreciate the sales management team stepping up to help push things through in the end. We're a small company and there cannot have been a big incentive for them, but they really got things done.

Original review: July 1, 2019

After enrolling my company with TriNet, employees info were added in error. Wrong state taxes were deducted, wrong social security numbers were associated with employees. Took 3 months to correct and employees with additional taxes taken out were never refunded. They were issued a corrected W2 form to correct on their own with their taxes next year. Customer Service for these issues were not helpful or efficient. I do not recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trinet?

Original review: June 5, 2019

If I could give TriNet zero stars I would. The level of support, communication, and partnership from TriNet is exceptionally poor, and the lack of respect and consideration towards clients is astounding. My Client Success Partner (ironic title) seems to know absolutely nothing and has to get information from every other department or person. (I found out through LinkedIn she was a postal worker prior to being my expert HR point of contact.) This lack of knowledge and need for constant communication with multiple areas of the organization has lead to significant incorrect information and miscommunication, resulting in potential legal issues because of their incompetence. Incomplete.

To make it worse, rather than trying to help with their mistakes, their general lack of concern, and respect toward the issues are astounding. They have absolutely no concern for client's needs, and simply look for every opportunity to hit you with every fee imaginable. I have had many businesses which I have relied on TriNet, but will do so no longer.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We have been with Trinet for almost 2 years. Moving to Trinet was not my decision. We were promised functions that Trinet has been unable to provide. I have to spend 4-5 hours a week correcting and dealing with Trinet mistakes and tech issues. Now we have been told that our employees will have to stay with the same Carriers indefinitely or lose 6 months of deductibles. Employees vacation time is all wrong, 401K deductions are unworkable. I do not advise using this company.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Unfortunately, I had to select 1 star. No rating, or 0 should be allowed for this incompetent company. My Employer just switched from ADP to TriNet, on 5/01/2019. What a relief, I was led to believe. TriNet has been a nightmare, and this is week 1. They had my dependent listed with my DOB and refused to update it. I called for 4 straight days with nothing but "you must contact your HR department" to have this updated. Wrong! I said each time. "We are in open enrollment, and I am the person you will be dealing with until this issue is resolved. I need you to update my son's DOB with the Ins co. so I can have my son's RX filled." Of course it will be denied with incorrect DOB.

On the 4th day, with no resolution, I advised an attorney with POA will be calling on my behalf to resolve this negligent issue. I received a direct call back 15 minutes later and the issue was resolved. My son is Type 1, his insulin is a medical necessity. I've taken the time to review some horrific stories here, and it appears it's going to be a hellacious ride. Based on what I've read, I bookmarked Consumer Affairs for future complaints and my states Department of Insurance site. Do not let them push you around!

Original review: April 9, 2019

On 3/15/19, a portion of my TriNet payroll check was deposited to an incorrect account. Since then, I have made repeated calls to TriNet. Each time I call, I am told that the case has been escalated the day before and the supervisor will contact me by 5 pm PST. Yet, here I am 4/9/19 and the money has still NOT been deposited to my account. I have called. My wife has called. Even the credit union rep has repeatedly called asking for a letter of indemnification to release the funds which have been directed to the incorrect account. Those funds are STILL in someone else's account after 3.5 weeks!! This lack of service with someone's pay should be criminal. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and would suggest everyone else do the same! If enough file complaints, a class action lawsuit will be started.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I called to ask for help with filling out my tax form on the TriNet platform. Brandy gave me the wrong information which resulted in very large amount withheld from paycheck. The manager and other customer service representatives covered her **, they don't take responsibility for their actions and blame you for their mistakes.

Trinet expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

• Best for: TriNet is best for small to mid-sized businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs