2.9/5 (159 ratings)

About TriNet

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: April 7, 2022

Not only are the day-to-day functions easy to navigate, but when I needed assistance with an HR need, the support I received was amazing! I was able to reach someone on the phone that was very knowledgeable... without getting transferred all of the place.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The Trinet System is very easy to use to check payroll, schedule time off, checking vacation time and also going through the hiring process. Overall, I have rated this 5 Stars due to its ease of use and also quickly being able to find what I am looking for.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Amanda ** has been great. She promptly answers my questions and helps me resolve any issues. I also appreciate that TriNet can help with processing my R&D tax credit into credits on our payroll taxes. The payroll process is almost always easy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

TriNet has made the HR portion of my job so much easier. It is nice to not have to worry about getting the best deals for health care insurance for our employees. TriNet is for sure a great option for smaller business.

TriNet response

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to be part of your continued business success!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Service has significantly improved since we were reassigned a direct contact for our account vs the 360 model. The 360 model was a disaster and the reason we almost terminated our relationship of over a decade. Thank you for going back to a service model that actually offers service we can count on.

TriNet response

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us to continue to serve your HR needs. We value you as a customer and look forward to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect from us.

Original review: April 15, 2022

We chose to go with a PEO in order to provide a good benefit solution for our employees. Within the first few weeks with Trinet we ran in to major issues with our payroll, several times we had to wire the money to Trinet because they incorrectly input our bank account. I had employees overcharged for benefits and it seemed every time I would call for assistance no one knew how to help. In addition, there seemed to be hidden fees for every single thing we needed help with. I would NEVER recommend this company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I have had a request in since Mid December to inquire about a GA Unemployment Tax Liability letter I received. I have a case in Trinet. I have repeatedly asked for updates. I have called for updates and have learned nothing in two months. Very frustrating. The case number is **.

TriNet response

Hi Wendy, our records show a member of our team tried to reach out to you on February 16 but haven’t heard back. Please email us at socialmedia@TriNet.com and we can gather the information needed to expedite your issue.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

We signed up with TriNet hoping to be able to add benefits and use their HR support. Onboarding was great. But that is where the service stopped. Every payroll has a mistake. Good luck trying to reach anyone. Hidden fees were discovered when they charged us 3x or UI rate. They told me that was their “service fee”. They also told us that Work Comp was included. Their definition of included is you pay extra for it. So after 2 months we have our 30 days notice. No one confirmed our cancellation or reached out to us for 20 days. We had to beg for communication. We informed Trinet in writing that we were no longer processing payroll with them. They proceeded to process an inaccurate and unauthorized payroll for over $10,000. All I can say is run. They are not your partner. They will take over, make all kinds of mistakes, and you work for them.

TriNet response

Hi Eric, we are sorry to hear about your frustration and have shared your feedback with our appropriate internal teams.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We've only been with TriNet for 1 year and I have to say, I'm beyond unimpressed with their support. A big reason we went with TriNet was a dedicated support person to help us when we needed it. They would get to know our business... Well, what you actually get is nothing more than someone to email or call with your questions and they create a ticket for the person/dept. that can help. I could get past it if anyone ever actually responded. If I didn't continue to follow up I'd never get things completed by the deadlines they set. Payroll function works fine.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I've been working for several companies in the past that used TriNet services, and everything was fine, until the last year. Apparently, they changed their support model, and by changed I mean there's no support anymore at all. There are people that can take your call, file a ticket, and that's where it ends. Nobody is taking care of the tickets, nobody follows up, nobody can tell you any anything except "we've passed it to internal team, wait more and maybe something happens". Imagine not being able to sign for health insurance for weeks because of some internal Trinet screwup, and nobody bothers to even talk to you, let alone fix the problem. That's what Trinet is now. Their support people do not have access to any tools to help the customers, and can't even check the status of the issue. If you value your time and your employees - avoid this company, choose something else.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

TriNet Company Information