2. Business Services
  3. PEO Services

2.9/5 (149 ratings)

About TriNet

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: May 27, 2021

I loved TriNet last year in 2020 but in 2021 TriNet changed their Customer Service procedures and instead of being able to get someone quickly on the phone, I now need to wait on hold for a while. Just like ADP. Then TriNet lowered their Customer Service procedures and raised their rate in March. Then TriNet started sending marketing emails to our employees. We are happy with TriNet but we were very happy last year. Hopefully, we can stay happy with TriNet.

TriNet response

Hi Robbin, we have received your feedback and will share it with our appropriate internal teams. In the meantime, if you have specific questions or issues we can help address, please email socialmedia@TriNet.com with your company name and best contact info and we'll be happy to help.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2021

TriNet makes it easy to onboard new hires and offer a variety of benefits. Our company has grown from 6 to 26 employees over the time we have been with TriNet. It is easy to onboard, adjust salary, and ensure we are compliant with the various states that employees live and work. As a virtual company, TriNet supports our needs.

TriNet response

Congratulations on your growth, Annikki! We are glad to hear about your experience with TriNet and look forward to being part of your continued success.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Overall, happy with our time at TriNet. The customer service has been good. There have been some hiccups along the way, but they have always been resolved. The only issue right now is the pricing. The TriNet fees (not referring to healthcare) increase every single year and we don't feel that the level of service increases with it.

TriNet response

Thank you, Christie, for allowing us to serve your HR needs. We appreciate your feedback as well and will share with the appropriate internal teams.

Original review: May 24, 2021

TriNet offers excellent customer service from the sales/on-boarding process through employee additions, benefits administration, and special bonus payments. Using TriNet makes being a small business owner easier, as I can focus on growing my business, instead of the administrative work that TriNet does for me. Would heartily recommend them to anyone looking for help.

TriNet response

We appreciate your kind words, David. Freeing you to focus on your business growth is our mission and we look forward to continuing to serve your HR needs.

Original review: March 11, 2021

As an admin, the support has been phenomenal. From my HR contacts to cloud support. The ONLY thing I would suggest improvement on is the timeliness of email responses from cloud support. There is a few days delay generally. They are great if I call though! I just prefer email for some things. Otherwise everything is GREAT!

Original review: June 24, 2021

Trinet discriminates against its employees and future employees for a multitude of reasons. The hiring process is long and inaccurate information is provided by HR, Recruiting, and the Hiring Managers throughout the entire onboarding process.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I'm happy with the overall service especially the sales Dir. Chris. Even the previous representative is not responsible, the new platform is trying to be more helpful. The 401K customer service overall is good, just need to be more efficient to do some adjustment.

TriNet response

Thank you, Lei, for your feedback and your kind words about Chris. We will share your feedback with our appropriate internal teams.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I emailed our Account Manager regarding a question on parental leave and never hear back. I also emailed through to the general contact email & have not heard back - therefore the timing of this review is probably a bit off. I need to know where to go for resourcing as this is a very different policy/process to our experience with staff and parental leave in New Zealand so I need information to ensure we meet our obligations.

TriNet response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you can email us at socialmedia@TriNet.com with your full name and company name, we can escalate your issue on our end.

Original review: May 24, 2021

It was fairly easy to set up new employees. To get to the I-9 was a little confusing. There was a lot of clicking to get to the I-9. This process could be streamlined and therefore not be so cumbersome.

TriNet response

Hi Kathleen, thank you for your feedback on your experience. We will share this with our appropriate team.

Original review: May 24, 2021

TriNet has been a great support in our HR needs and always prompt in responding to any questions or requests for support. They were particularly helpful when we were apply for the PPP program, the created easy access templates and had webinars that were very informative.

TriNet response

Hi Kimberly, we appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear we were able to help you navigate the PPP loan process.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

TriNet Company Information