Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Our TriNet Dedicated Team has been nothing but professional, responsive and concise when addressing issues of utmost urgency. I appreciate their response time and follow up when I have questions. It's also comforting to know that I don't need to go through tons of paperwork when it comes to payroll. They handle the behind the scenes set-up saving time and allowing me to focus on other areas of the business.

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Pro:

* Steady state works very well.
    * Support single employee officer only company.
    * Support all 50 states.

* Access to large group medical coverage is fantastic.

Con:
    * Changes are more tedious than they should be for anything outside of the portal. Mostly this is due to the silo issue.
    * Phone support quality varies greatly based on who one gets.
    * The different silos within TriNet become evident quickly when trying to get things done.
    * Lack of transparent pricing compared to competitors such as JustWorks.

* Service fee minimum is at least double or triple what I would prefer.

Other:
    * Concierge medical would be nice.
    * Choice of HSA would be nice. Currently locked to insurance provider.

* Better international medical coverage options would be nice addition to medical coverage, even if an upcharge.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Having TriNet take the pressure off our business so we can concentrate on the business and not all the HR issues that come up. Handling payroll, tax payments, insurance for employee's all the elective benefits as well helps us when trying to bring in higher caliber people into our company. Response is usually quick when questions arise. We have the ability to take online training in areas of HR personnel. I have very pleased with the service.

TriNet response

Hi Dena, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TriNet. We are honored to serve your HR needs and look forward to continuing to be part of your business’s success.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

For the past three years, I have really enjoyed working with TriNet. They have taught me a lot about human resources, for which I am grateful. Our Human Capital Consultant, Christine ** has been a tremendous blessing to me. She has stuck with our organization through thick and thin. She has been patient to answer my many questions. She is always open and honest with me, and I appreciate that. Recently, our company fell below the threshold of employees required to have a designated Human Capital Consultant, but Christine requested to remain on our account, and her request was granted. I am so thankful for her and her expertise.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a challenging process of transferring my old insurance, including paid deductibles, out of pocket maximums, etc. The TriNet team made a few mistakes, which was frustrating, but they owned the issues and got things resolved. The onboarding process was very well scripted, as was their online tool. I really appreciate the sales management team stepping up to help push things through in the end. We're a small company and there cannot have been a big incentive for them, but they really got things done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: May 18, 2020

We've only had TriNet for 9 months. Up until now, I thought they were a pretty good PEO. Maybe not the best with human interaction but nice offerings and a nice portal. However, we just received a call that our insurance rates are going up 100% at the time of renewal. Needless to say, I am shocked. Especially in light of everything that is going on with COVID-19... just really tone deaf on TriNet's part.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Well, you cannot make this up, but while I received help from SBA, investors, and strategic partners (Oracle, Microsoft, and many others), TriNet decided to increase my healthcare benefits by 180% for the new year, in the middle of a global Pandemic. Scrambling to find an alternative option. Publishing my story on my Medium Blog post and sharing with news agencies in NYC. Let's see if someone pick it up.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I finally saw my benefits selection and my existing Florida Blue went up 300.4% to $1940 a month! They said it was the insurance provider but BCBS is really the only provider I can choose from and they all shot up very high. I am having to investigate through an individual broker and will have to quit Trinet, as that was a main benefit for me. I hope I can obtain any affordable plan outside the ACA enrollment period. I also had no health changes. My State Senator passed this on the the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, and even though they do not have control over large group plans, are still investigating as of this writing. It's insane. Would never recommend Trinet.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have been using TriNet for my payroll for the past few years and was very happy with the service. I am a one person company, and Trinet has allowed me access to a good health insurance plan for my son and myself. However, as of 3.1.20, Trinet has upped their monthly "service fee," to a minimum of $500. This is a significant amount for a one person small business; however, to instill this at a time when most small businesses are struggling to stay afloat is unthinkable.

When I spoke to my representative, I was told she "understood my frustration, " however, I am still responsible for the extra money during this time. What kind of company would do this to their customers at a time when we are all just trying to get by?? How could they not waive this fee increase until things settle down and businesses - especially small ones like mine in NYC - are back on their feet?? I find their business practices to be absolutely abhorrent, and I caution anyone who is thinking of using them to think twice. Do you want a company that treats customers like this during such a financially challenging time??

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said I had a wonderful experience with TriNet. And then they called me in December to tell me my health insurance premiums would be increasing 50-100% because I was a high user of insurance. They refused to put that in writing. When I actually received the new rates, my monthly insurance premium increased by 130%. So in two years my premium rates increased 167%. Thankfully the NY marketplace was still open until Jan 31. Many other state marketplaces were already closed. An increase in rates of plan does not qualify as a life event. I would have been left without insurance coverage if I was not living in NYC. They may not be able to discriminate against pre existing conditions but this is their workaround to continue to discriminate and make health insurance un-affordable to people with pre-existing conditions.

The irony is that I run a business in the fitness/wellness space and the outcome of our work is that we make people healthier. But the ability to continue to run my business has been compromised because of TriNet's shady practices. I requested to speak directly to the CEO and did not get a call back. I requested follow up with higher level customer service at the company and while we played phone tag, they did not return my last phone call and I still have not had the opportunity to speak to them about this issue. Think long and hard before you decide to work with TriNet. I do hope this is keeping their employees up at night knowing how they are adversely affecting people's lives. When something is too good to be true, it's because it is.

TriNet response

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for this feedback. A lot of factors go into health insurance rates each year and we always strive to communicate about the changes. We have shared your thoughts with our benefits team.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team