Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: July 3, 2020

I recommend TriNet and Michelle ** very highly. We have been going through a very difficult time with an employee who succumbed to Covid-19 very badly and has been out for an extended period of time and Michelle has been helping me navigate all the difficult things one has to do. I would never have been able to manage without her. I cannot recommend TriNet highly enough, having their knowledge and support when you need during a very stressful time. It has been wonderful and we are all truly grateful. Isabel

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2020

TriNet allows us, as a small nonprofit, to focus on our work. We have a dedicated person (Thomas **) who is always accessible and responsive. If he doesn't know an answer, which is rare, he forwards the question/request to the appropriate part of TriNet. TriNet reduces the burden of managing our payroll, PTO, and benefits functions. While we're still responsible, they do all of the computations and submission for taxes, FMLA, etc. from the backend of the system. The new report system is great. It allows us to easily filter for specific criteria or to build our own reports. Plus, we can save any regularly used reports as our favorites, even the ones we have customized. We love TriNet.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Pro:

* Steady state works very well.
    * Support single employee officer only company.
    * Support all 50 states.

* Access to large group medical coverage is fantastic.

Con:
    * Changes are more tedious than they should be for anything outside of the portal. Mostly this is due to the silo issue.
    * Phone support quality varies greatly based on who one gets.
    * The different silos within TriNet become evident quickly when trying to get things done.
    * Lack of transparent pricing compared to competitors such as JustWorks.

* Service fee minimum is at least double or triple what I would prefer.

Other:
    * Concierge medical would be nice.
    * Choice of HSA would be nice. Currently locked to insurance provider.

* Better international medical coverage options would be nice addition to medical coverage, even if an upcharge.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Having TriNet take the pressure off our business so we can concentrate on the business and not all the HR issues that come up. Handling payroll, tax payments, insurance for employee's all the elective benefits as well helps us when trying to bring in higher caliber people into our company. Response is usually quick when questions arise. We have the ability to take online training in areas of HR personnel. I have very pleased with the service.

TriNet response

Hi Dena, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TriNet. We are honored to serve your HR needs and look forward to continuing to be part of your business’s success.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

For the past three years, I have really enjoyed working with TriNet. They have taught me a lot about human resources, for which I am grateful. Our Human Capital Consultant, Christine ** has been a tremendous blessing to me. She has stuck with our organization through thick and thin. She has been patient to answer my many questions. She is always open and honest with me, and I appreciate that. Recently, our company fell below the threshold of employees required to have a designated Human Capital Consultant, but Christine requested to remain on our account, and her request was granted. I am so thankful for her and her expertise.

Original review: July 10, 2020

It's a pleasure to work with our new Client Success Specialist Jamie. She responding very quickly and reliably. Rating 4 instead of 5 stars, because if she needs some information from the experts from other departments, it takes a little longer.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Do NOT use Trinet. They are shady as **. I signed on, was a member for almost 3 years. As soon as anyone used the health insurance they raised our rates a minimum of 116%! They gave information that conflicted their own accounts of what happened, saying that they couldn't give me the info they were using to make the increases because the contract they have with Aetna is for the entire company, and then in the next breath saying that they "reviewed the details" and that it was a justified increase. I'm also pretty sure breaking down costs this way is not legal. They missed payrolls, tried to charge me (more than once!) for "off cycle" payroll additions even when they were not requested.

They tried to charge me during COVID when my business was legally mandated closed extra money to do what they should have been contracted to do. They instituted a "$1,000 fee" to leave the platform, even though that was NOT in my contract. They then stated that it was instituted in the middle of my time on their platform, and so I was obligated to pay it. They wanted to charge a $1,000 setup fee for any employees that needed COBRA coverage after we left, on top of charging a $75/employee "admin" charge per month for them to access the coverage, as well as a $500/employee setup fee, and the fact that the employee themselves had to pay 102% of the going rate of insurance.

Just as a side note, NONE of the other PEOs I've been looking at charge ANY of these fees. Including the one I'm moving to (which I won't mention so it doesn't look like a promotion. This isn't a promotion of another platform, just a warning against using TriNet!). Do NOT use them. Their fees are 3x higher than most competitors, and they justify this because their health insurance is less expensive. But that's only true for year one, then they have you locked into high admin costs and ridiculous fees if you want to leave.

TriNet response

Hi Josh, we have received your message and have confirmed that members of our team are in touch with you.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Trinet provides excellent customer service. It really helps to have one person who helps with any problems that may arise. Our customer representative, Alida **, does a great job! It took me awhile to get used to the new reports, but now I really like them. The reports prepared for the Paycheck Protection Program were very helpful in securing a loan.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have been quite pleased with the service and support provided to our company, especially during the difficult times with COVID-19. They have provided frequently updated links to resources in this fast changing environment, including SBA and loan resources. The payroll service and HR support have been excellent.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I'm completely satisfied with the services we received from Trinet. From the feedback and assistance we receive from our Customer rep to the user friendliness of the platform. I've used platforms in the past and this by far has exceeded the others.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team