Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: July 3, 2020

I recommend TriNet and Michelle ** very highly. We have been going through a very difficult time with an employee who succumbed to Covid-19 very badly and has been out for an extended period of time and Michelle has been helping me navigate all the difficult things one has to do. I would never have been able to manage without her. I cannot recommend TriNet highly enough, having their knowledge and support when you need during a very stressful time. It has been wonderful and we are all truly grateful. Isabel

Get buying tips about PEO Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2020

TriNet allows us, as a small nonprofit, to focus on our work. We have a dedicated person (Thomas **) who is always accessible and responsive. If he doesn't know an answer, which is rare, he forwards the question/request to the appropriate part of TriNet. TriNet reduces the burden of managing our payroll, PTO, and benefits functions. While we're still responsible, they do all of the computations and submission for taxes, FMLA, etc. from the backend of the system. The new report system is great. It allows us to easily filter for specific criteria or to build our own reports. Plus, we can save any regularly used reports as our favorites, even the ones we have customized. We love TriNet.

TriNet response

Thank you for the love, LeAnn. It is our pleasure to be able to help you serve the community and achieve your mission. We will share your kind words with Thomas, as well.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Since working with TriNet, the majority of my experiences have been pleasant. My reps were always very professional and responsive--from first working with Karen ** to now working with Tammy **. And if they did not have answers to my questions, they always knew who to refer me to. I enjoy working with TriNet and would definitely recommend them to other colleagues.

TriNet response

Hi Valerie, we enjoy working with you too and appreciate your kind words about Karen and Tammy. We’ll be sure to pass them along!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Pro:

* Steady state works very well.
    * Support single employee officer only company.
    * Support all 50 states.

* Access to large group medical coverage is fantastic.

Con:
    * Changes are more tedious than they should be for anything outside of the portal. Mostly this is due to the silo issue.
    * Phone support quality varies greatly based on who one gets.
    * The different silos within TriNet become evident quickly when trying to get things done.
    * Lack of transparent pricing compared to competitors such as JustWorks.

* Service fee minimum is at least double or triple what I would prefer.

Other:
    * Concierge medical would be nice.
    * Choice of HSA would be nice. Currently locked to insurance provider.

* Better international medical coverage options would be nice addition to medical coverage, even if an upcharge.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

For the past three years, I have really enjoyed working with TriNet. They have taught me a lot about human resources, for which I am grateful. Our Human Capital Consultant, Christine ** has been a tremendous blessing to me. She has stuck with our organization through thick and thin. She has been patient to answer my many questions. She is always open and honest with me, and I appreciate that. Recently, our company fell below the threshold of employees required to have a designated Human Capital Consultant, but Christine requested to remain on our account, and her request was granted. I am so thankful for her and her expertise.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My TriNet Team is always very helpful and helps to find the resolutions to problems that I need. Whether it is payroll or platform, reporting questions, I always get answers. They reply in a timely matter and listen to all of my questions.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We made the transition to TriNet in January 2019 and will continue using TriNet in the future. I've had nothing but positive experiences with TriNet both as the employer representative and my individual experiences too using TriNet as an employee.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I would highly recommend TriNet's products and customer service. They are a world class organization that is readily available to assist both HR professionals and individual employees. Their products are competitive in pricing and offerings. Truly a great addition to any organization.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

We are a small organization that has grown from 2 to 10 employees over the last 11 years. TriNet has been our PEO this entire time. They provide great customer service! My questions always get answered, and I always learn something from our TriNet representative in the process.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Between not being able to fix a simple login issue (after months), the laughable lack of helpful support (All chats go to their sales team who DGAF about your problem and will go so far as to 'copy/paste' their support message 'Please contact us at ACME phone lines 1800- You're only going to talk to a robot' and tell you good luck, and the constant errors (Can't add a dependent on an HR website?!!?) with vague and entirely unhelpful error messages... These guys need some direction, not more business.

TriNet author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1988 and headquartered in San Leandro, Calif., TriNet provides bundled HR solutions, cloud products and strategic services for over 13,000 clients across the country. They work with small and mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, technology, nonprofit and many more.

• Leadership training: Managers and supervisors need to be well-informed of best practices when it comes to compliance and other HR-related issues. TriNet’s leadership training and development workshops are designed to help company leaders build their company culture and understand compliance issues. Workshops take place at your company’s location or at a regional location.

• HR grader: Use TriNet’s HR grader tool to determine your company’s current HR status and find areas where your company needs improvement. This tool can help you figure out which of TriNet’s three bundled HR products will be most beneficial for you.

• International services: Companies that frequently hire international employees have to deal with a lot of additional headaches, such as visas, immigration and retention. TriNet International Services takes care of managing the immigration process on their cloud-based system, including visa and green card application and renewal.

• Career Transitions: TriNet’s Career Transitions service provides support and guidance for employees who have been terminated. This service demonstrates to your employees, both those who have been terminated and those still employed, that they are valued. It also minimizes the risk of adverse reactions by helping the terminated employee focus on their employment future instead of dwelling on the past.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team