3.7/5 (800 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Webs...

Verified

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you do...

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
  • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
  • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
  • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
  • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: March 2, 2022

I switched over to Xfinity mobile from Verizon and the customer service representatives that I spoke with were wonderful. Looking forward to a lower monthly payment and happy that I've switched over thus far!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is been cost-saving! I don't use a lot of data but do use data. Under 1G/month my fees are $15/month. I get wifi wherever we travel and haven't had any problems. We use it a lot for GPS on the road too, staying in contact with family wherever we go.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Here’s the real deal. Xfinity Mobile provides excellent service with few dropped calls. Their charges are significantly less than all know competitors - Bar none. And, individuals or family can customize the amount of gigs to fit their needs. Best of all, Xfinity has hot spots throughout the greater Seattle area, which aids in reducing service cost. Lastly, their customer service is excellence and display professionalism when handling questions or customer concerns. I recommend Xfinity Mobile cellphone service without reservations..

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The monthly bill for service is under $100 for 2 phones and hotspots are everywhere. Also use Verizon platform. Phones are affordable with payment plans. Works good in rural areas of GA. Making payments and viewing usage is helpful.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I enjoy being able to talk anywhere all the time. The customer service agents are very nice as well. They are knowledgeable. Free phone is pretty decent as well. Streaming service is awesome!!

Original review: June 25, 2022

I had the worst experience with Xfinity Mobile customer support when I called them for a simple task which they insist requires the customer to call instead of being able to do anything online. After speaking to 2 individuals and 2 disconnects later they still did not replace my new device in the system with the old one and ensure all the services were transferred over to the new phone. Instead, they tried to upsell me and wanted me to trade-in, upgrade, or add a new line, neither of which I wanted. I was merely trying to swap out one phone on my account (my own device), with another phone. Ultimately, I asked for a supervisor and of course the call got disconnected and no one called back (even though I know they have the ability to do that and it would be been the right thing to do). Terrible for a company I use to work for and sad to see how little they actually focus on customer service. Terrible!

Original review: June 17, 2022

Liars, crooks, manipulative, greedy the list goes on. This is the WORST company I've ever had the displeasure of using. They will change things on your account without your knowledge or consent to make the prices higher, if you try and contact them about it, they will 1000% lie and claim to fix it but never actually do. They cancelled my phone number and told me they could fix it by adding a new number to my account and then switching it back to the old one. Lol. He literally told me to wait 2 hours and my number would be reverted back.... 6 hours go by and NOTHING.

I'm stuck with this new number that I never wanted, and it's been a huge inconvenience. Not to mention how I returned a phone I got from them before the 14-day limit, and they never gave me my refund but acknowledged that they received the return. MY ACCOUNT STILL SAYS PROCESSING. I have dealt with so many awful experiences with them. Do yourself a favor and file a report against them with BBC, trying to talk and find to Xfinity for an explanation or solution to their ** will get you nowhere!

Original review: June 6, 2022

After suffering from a bad reputation in customer services for decades, you would think Comcast would have invested in recent years to improve its customers’ experience? Think again. Dealing with the company remains as enjoyable as getting a root canal. After multiple interactions with Xfinity Mobile over the past couple of weeks, I would go as far as to suggest that the agents are trained to stall, deceive or outright lie when it comes to contract cancellations, phones unlock, etc… Xfinity Mobile might appear cheaper at first sight versus the competition, but in the end, you will suffer from very high exit costs in the form of unlocked phones and valuable time lost. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Xfinity has compromised my safety. I bought I cable security and internet bundle from them in April as a transfer of services from the person I bought my property from. I was informed by the seller that she is receiving alerts of my security system and Xfinity has still not resolved this matter. I have an account and it literally has someone else’s name on it as well. I feel forced to use this service because of my area. They really can not say they are providing security when someone literally has access to see what I’m doing throughout the day anything could happen to me by them breaching my security. It’s really a shame on them and they are not taking accountability.

Original review: June 6, 2022

ID THEFT AT THIS LOCATION! *** I foolishly believed the people at this store when they said their service was as good as Verizon’s. It’s not. When I went to return the phone that was delivered by them through FedEx 7 days earlier, they said I was past my 14 days. They argued that the 14 days began when you ordered the phone, not when you received it. A big argument ensued between them and I and I ordered them to disconnect my account. I was currently using a ‘dummy’ number provided by the carrier I went to the night before with the intention of porting my old number over once I closed my XFinity account. The very next day, once my number was successfully ported over, I began to receive ID theft alerts from various companies.

A few days later, I received multiple texts from XFinity containing a ‘temporary pin’ to change my password and access my account. The day after that, I received 7 text messages from the credit card company whose card I used to pay the taxes on the phone I just returned. Someone at this store literally tried to steal my identity so they could purchase equipment and then sell it hot. They thought I left my number with them when I returned the phone not realizing that I was porting it over, thus they expected those password reset pin texts to go to them. I had to cancel all of mine and my husbands credit and debit cards, contact the credit agencies to freeze my identify and will be filing a police report with the local P.D.

I went to the store to confront them and the assistant manager looked like he was about to crap his pants. He tried to say I got all those texts because they were trying to access the account to process the return of my phone I RETURNED THE WEEK BEFORE!! Hahaha! Good one! BTW: the account they were instructed to close the week before was still active. I’ve worked for the criminal courts for 14.5 years. They picked the wrong one to mess with. LIARS AND THIEVES!!! Stay away!

Xfinity Mobile Company Information