Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

PROS

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

CONS

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Website is very good. I wish that I had switched earlier.

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you don't have to use your data when you are near one. We've been very pleased.

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
    • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
    • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
    • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
    • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
    Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
    Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
    Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
    Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
    Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
    Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
    No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: June 23, 2020

I need to give both good and bad reviews here. First, don't "bring your own phone" to Xfinity. I got what I thought was a good deal (check my Samsung review to find out it wasn't) from Samsung on an S20. I called Xfinity before ordering it to make sure it would work. They said, "Sure no problem." I called when I received the phone and they said they had to add a line and send me a sim card and call when I get the sim card. I called when I got the sim card and they had me put my old sim card in the new phone and the new sim card in the old phone, then canceled the new line.

The next day, I could make calls but had no internet. I called again..the first call was 40 minutes and two reps before they hung up on me. The second call was 70 minutes on hold, 20 minutes with the first rep, 30 minutes with Tier 2, and 15 minutes with Tier 3 before they told me to go to an Xfinity store and they would make me a sim card. So I went to a store where they can't make 5G sim cards. But (here's the five stars) the staff at the North Huntingdon PA store knew what needed to be done and stayed on the phone with the very unhelpful phone people through multiple reps (the first one hung up on the store!) They didn't give up even though it was past closing time until my phone worked.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I've been an Xfinity Mobile customer for the past 2 years. I have had very reliable service, even when traveling outside of Comcast service area. When I travelled out of comcast service area; my provider automatically changed to Verizon. They offer the latest phones and devices on payment plans with a good insurance plan that allows you to upgrade after 1 year of payments. When screen on my Galaxy broke I had to pay $20 to have it fixed. Overall, Xfinity mobile is excellent plan for Comcast internet Customers. However, when I moved into my new home with Fios installed and unsubscribed to Comcast internet service my bill increased $40, ($20 per device), and I was told that I am no longer able upgrade my phones.

My service with xfinity mobile is still very reliable as a non comcast internet subscriber; I'm just no longer getting it for the best price. I own (paid in full) 1 iPhone 11 & 1 galaxy s9, my monthly bill is now $165.84 for unlimited service on 2 lines & insurance on 2 devices and $20 per device fee for non comcast internet subscribers.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Xfinity Mobile's plan uses Verizon's network. They allow you to choose what billing plan you want to use and then change as your needs change. The downside is buying their phone; however, the phone selection spans price ranges and has current models. You can have up to five phones on your account. Talk and text are free. Just pay for data. Data plans: Choose an unlimited plan for specific phones if you need it. Or share data among phones. Coverage is good across the nation. Dead spots are the same as everyone else's. NOTE: You have to have Xfinity internet, but you can set up your phone to use Xfinity's secure hotspots so you can save on data.

Original review: April 8, 2020

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you don't have to use your data when you a re near one. We've been very pleased. The only negative is that the new phones aren't discounted a lot like some of the other providers.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have never had any problems with Xfinity. Mobile service is really cheap. You can pay by the gig or get unlimited. I have only went over once since I’ve had Xfinity. You are also allowed to change your data plan in the middle of your month if you know you're going over. You can pay anywhere from $12-$45. I think it’s great that you’re not forced into a high priced plan if you don’t need it! So $12 a month is excellent, especially for seniors that are on a fixed income!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

We have been trying to port our numbers over for 2 weeks. Errors, Errors Errors!!! Customer service has no Idea what they are doing and now we have NO cell phone service since they ported phones from ATT. Stay far far way!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

I bought Xfinity Mobile for my 6-year-old to have a phone number with the usage of od data via wifi and Xfinity hotspots. It was sold as a great option and free if wifi and hotspots were used for data. For the past six months, I have been charged $13.95 for .1 Gig of data. It is hard to believe my 6-year-old is turning the cellular on and back off again using naming about of data each month. Their plans for data are much higher than major carriers or prepaid plans.

Original review: July 28, 2020

When I login into my account no data shows up, like billing or usage or anything. It says I'm not a Xfinity customer. Im customer since 3 years. When I call customer care, they transferred 3 different lines and made me waited for 3 hours. But still I could get problem resolved. 3 hours is too much for someone claiming no 1. I would say after this customer care horrific experience they are the worst service. Never experienced such a wait times.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Bad service, weak network signal, dropped calls, people don’t hear me! I spoke with 8 tech, spend 4 days, and nobody can’t help me! Waste of time! It’s terrible, I can’t call even my mom! Everybody tell me “I don’t hear you! Do you hear me?" I am tired already.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Whoever Peter is from Xfinity Mobile his customer service freaking sucks and I hope your phone falls in the toilet full of ????. You will have no good luck sir. There is no reason why nothing is offered for free of charge because the phone is out of stock. At this present time I am ready to cancel all 3 lines altogether. There is no reason why I'm on hold for over an hour and still no solution because of Peter and his negligence. Peter if you can't deal with people you need a new job. Signed a pissed off unhappy customer.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information