1.21/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Xfinity Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a new customer with Xfinity and decided after years of having 5 mobile lines with AT&T, and dealing with the really bad coverage, to change phone companies. Since I just ordered Xfinity home service I decided to order a phone through Xfinity. I placed an order and went through the verification emails supplying the documents requested. The next day I received an email stating my order had been canceled. I called and spoke to 2 different people trying to find out why the order had been canceled. I was told that I had not answered the phone when the fraud dept tried calling, which was a lie because my phone is attached to my hip and I sleep with it beside my bed. Having 3 businesses I have learned to be readily available by phone.

I waited for my money to be returned and decided to give Xfinity another chance. Before I placed the order I made sure that the correct contact phone numbers were on the account. After placing the second order and sending over the documents needed to verify me again, I waited for the confirmation email about the phone order. The next day I received the same cancellation email that I had received the week before. At this time I am furious and about to cancel my entire home service with Xfinity. I call once more and end up getting transferred to Robert **. I explained the situation as calmly as I could. Robert listened patiently, doesn't interrupt and tries his best to find the solution. He then calls the fraud dept and is lucky to speak to the rep that canceled the order.

I relocated part time from NYC to Washington DC. My driver's license is from NY State. This was the reason the order was canceled. He apprised the rep of the situation and I was able to put through another order with her looking for it to approve. I understand the scale to which Comcast has grown, but to have to speak to 6 reps of the company and two orders being canceled, for one man to take it upon himself to solve an issue brings me back to the term; Great Customer Service. Have companies forgotten that part of Customer Service is the Service end of it. No matter what happens to the order Robert ** has shown exactly what this company needs to get back to. If enough customers leave, market share and profit will go down and investors on Wall Street don't like seeing margins go down.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The high speed Internet with Xfinity is great, but the highest level one is also very expensive. I just feel that Internet service should not be so extremely high! It’s bad enough cable is so high. It’s no wonder everyone I know is switching to other means of watching their favorite shows and movies. Xfinity’s customer service is excellent though, so that makes having their high speed Internet worth it to us.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've read through many of these reviews and many of the complaints would have been avoided had people read the information Xfinity readily provides online. $35 restocking fee. Cannot change billing date; it's bound to billing cycle... Why? Because it's a monthly data plan... not a 31-day plan then change it to 45 'cause you need 15 more days to make a payment, then switch it again to 20... You're billed $12/GB per month, you can't change the cycle to cheat the system. Rep claims the phone is the cause of dropped calls, poor wi-fi. Customer swears it's not the phone. He knows it's not the phone... very next paragraph complains how much he was charged due to A BROKEN/CRACKED screen! So yeah, it most likely WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE ISSUES!

You were told it ships in 2 days and you check <48 hours later for an e-mail and flip the hell out because there isn't one in your inbox. 2 days doesn't mean exactly 48 hours after you place the order. Also, e-mail delivery can be relatively slow, it's not high priority network traffic. Buy a couple phones on Black Friday and throw a fit because activation is a little while longer than the 45 minute estimated AVERAGE activation duration. IT'S A BUSY AS HELL SHOPPING DAY, EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

$45 is the unlimited plan. You have to choose the unlimited plan. Nowhere does it state if you use 45 bucks worth of data you automatically switch to the unlimited plan and therefore will never be charged more than $45/month. Yeah, that would be nice, but Xfinity is a business, and if they want to charge for more, they sure as hell have that right. You take responsibility and you change to unlimited if you are going to use more than 4GB of data. The phone shows you how MUCH DATA YOU'RE USING. Xfinity has no obligation to auto-switch data plans so customers don't have to pay more for more.

If you haven't received refunds you genuinely feel you're due... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Afraid you may keep getting charged for services you've canceled or devices you've returned... Cancel the credit card and have a new one issued. You can simply report it lost. BOOM! New card with new number same issuing institution. Now you don't have to have an aneurysm worrying about 'fraudulent' charges appearing on your credit card.

The service works off wifi hotspots (any you have access to, not JUST Xfinity) and Verizon towers. If you aren't near wifi hotspots, you're going to be using data. You will be charged for data! It's not a surprise. It's not shocking. It's clearly explained. You weren't lied to or misinformed, or mislead. Verizon towers because yeah, I get service where only Xfinity mobile and Verizon customers get service.

Super cheap mobile phone service. I have 4 phones, one of which is unlimited data (my daughter is NOT always around Wi-Fi) and it's about 90 bucks a month. I get service where I did not with Boost Mobile and T-Mobile for LESS money. I don't believe in Apple, so I'm not going to shell out thousands for a few iPhones. LG phones do the same job and more for less.

You have to sometimes get the right customer service rep. Just hang up and call again if the call starts going sideways. I've had to do that maybe 4 times in the 14 years as a Comcast customer. I mean that for 2 separate issues I ended up calling back a third time to get someone competent. Some calls are not as productive as they could be, and yet some were actually pleasant. Called when updating my own modem, to get a better price, twice for service issues, and a couple times regarding Xfinity mobile account details.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I am 68-year-old female. I have been used to TracFone for years. I switch to Xfinity mobile and because I don't really need to use the data when I'm out and about. I got a price of $9.99 a month for two years. The phone that came attached to that price is a LG stylus 4. Basically, I'm just paying for the phone for two years and after the two years the phone is mine and all the other services are free. I also have internet, cable, and landline with Comcast that is why after the two years my mobile phone services are free. I have had absolutely nothing but a great experience with Comcast and XFinity mobile in all departments. I am very happy about the price of $9.99. I don't need to use my data when I'm out so I turned my data off immediately when I got my phone and I don't use it. If I go to McDonald's or somewhere where they have Wi-Fi I connect to them but other than that I don't use it that is why my price is lower. I am a very happy customer. I love the phone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wow. I’m genuinely SHOCKED to see so many people here writing reviews critical of Xfinity Mobile when a careful reading of them almost ALWAYS makes one conclude that the issues they experienced were NOT the fault of Comcast Xfinity! Being a Comcast tv and internet customer, I walked into my nearest Xfinity Store 1 hour before store closing with my two iPhones that I just had unlocked by my then-current GSM cellular MVNO (AT&T network via another company). Within that one hour both phones’ numbers were ported over, the sim cards were fully activated and the phones properly registered into the network. The ports were accomplished so quickly largely because while I was there the Xfinity employee called the MVNO’s porting department to help speed it up.

Free and unlimited minutes and texting complete with Verizon’s visual and standard voicemail, MMS service, iMessaging, etc. And to date the service has been FLAWLESS - because it is in essence Verizon Wireless repackaged and rebranded, plain and simple. They even allow your phone to have other devices “tethered” to its “personal hotspot” at no additional charge - useful if say you have a tablet, as Xfinity does not yet offer data-only sim cards. I STRONGLY recommend Xfinity Mobile, especially for current Comcast customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

On 9/5/19 I ordered Cable service and mobile phone service. According to the rep I passed-the credit check-no problem. Was informed that phone would be delivered in two days and with that in mind I cancelled my phone service and ported my number to the new phone. When the phone arrived I tried to get it to work but to no avail. After HOURS on the phone with CSRs in two countries it was discovered that the phone was shipped without a SIM card leaving me with no ability to communicate with the outside world.

This would not have been so terrible EXCEPT I had suffered a STROKE a couple of weeks before and had to have the ability to contact my Dr. and emergency services if needed. Even after explaining all this to Xfinity Mobile they could do nothing to help me get a Sim card faster than 2 days although it took 3 days. Once the card arrived and was installed the phone would not ring for incoming calls. I spent 1 & 1/2 days talking with various departments attempting to

fix the phone to no avail. I was told return the phone for another one to be received in two days. Three days later no phone. Called the Company no less than 8 times and got 8 different stories.

I finally spoke to a rep who told me that they were reviewing my order. After a lengthy conversation I was told that I did not have enough history on my credit report to have a mobile account with Xfinity. I immediately called my original carrier and opened my old account. However when I tried to port my old number which I have had for years I was informed that Xfinity would not release the number but no-one knew why so I had to get a new number and try to inform as many people as possible of the new number. There was no credit problem with getting their Internet and Cable service.

I am 78 years old and have had many good and bad experiences with various companies but I can honestly say I have never experienced this type of dishonesty and absolute disregard for another human being. When I returned the non-working phone I received a text and a phone confirmation that the phone was received in perfect condition and today I just received info that a charge was made on my credit card for a restocking fee. Are they kidding??? There is a lot more to this story but I hope you get the gist. For those of you who have had problems and have been ignored call the HDQ's office and file a complaint if necessary. The number is: (215) 286-1700. When I have regained my strength I will continue to let people know what they are getting themselves into when dealing with this Company in the hopes that no-one will have to suffer the same experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Their website showed my iPhone X from T-Mobile is compatible but that was a lie. After we moved our account from Tmobile, we found out that GSM devices are incompatible with their network. They wasted a few of our days after they figure it out. Now since we moved our numbers and bought couple of new phones, we are now stuck with them. They have done nothing to fix their mistakes. Very very disappointing and very bad customer service...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Would give them ZERO stars if I could. Only use Xfinity Mobile service if you 'own' your phone(s). Service didn't save me any money after 6 months, so cancelled service. At that point, you are forced to buy any phones you may have 'leased' from them, as they do not take them back. They offer you to continue to pay monthly for the phone(s) with no service or buy the phone(s) outright. Since I had already switched my service provider, I had to buy the phones and planned to use them with my new provider. Here is where the kicker comes in at...they tell you when you pay for phones in full that they will be 'unlocked' in 24 hours. It took me 2 weeks to get one phone unlocked. When I asked about the second phone (same account), they said that they had no ticket for that one, and had to wait another 2 weeks to get that one unlocked. Mind you, I'm waiting for these phones to be unlocked so we can use them on the new provider.

Was calling Customer Service every day (2 hours each day), and each day they would say it will unlocked tomorrow. Asked several times for a manager, and always some reason why they weren't available. They asked for my number for a callback, and of course, no callback! Reps either don't know what they are talking about or dont care because I had cancelled their services. Worst Customer Service EVER! Highly considering cancelling my cable services with them as well...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I’ve been with XFINITY from day one and they just have always been very courteous and kind but now everything has changed. I can’t believe what is happening to me. I have tried to upgrade my Note 9 to a Note 10 and they’re saying I can’t upgrade because they don’t know why my Note 9 won’t work. So they tell me they’re gonna call me but they never do. I tried to exchange my Note 9 and I had insurance on it And they said I didn’t have insurance which is a complete lie because I have proof when I bought it. It’s on my receipt but they argued with me and kept me on the phone for hours. I’ve spent countless hours on the phone trying to get this handled. Drove an hour and a half to the store because they said they would help me and that was a complete waste of time.

I am at my wit's end so hopefully this review will get out there, so this doesn’t happen to anybody else. Bottom line is, I can’t upgrade or keep my phone number in with this company. Each time has been a complete nightmare and this is the final straw. I now have a Note 10 that I can’t activate which I had to make payments on and I can’t even use it because I tried to do A upgrade that they said they would do if I bought the phone. They were Exhort my remaining 12 payments on my Note 9 so now I have my 12 payments on my Note 9 and 22 new payments for the Note 10. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I should get an attorney and try to fight them because why am I going to pay for $1000 phone I can’t use? Thank you for listening.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

The service sucks! My nephew's phone can't get calls 80 percent of the time internet is down. He doesn't get texts 90% of the time!!!! WTH! And they charge me 20. A month for texting a service that doesn't work on his phone. We have been calling since last October about this issue and that's been a whole year! Thanks for nothing Xfinity Mobile. All I get from you is aggravation and frustration!

My bill is a big issue. I no longer have home internet so now get billed an additional 20. Per phone that is 80. A month. I don't remember ever agreeing to such a charge. My niece's phone goes in and out with calls and internet constantly but issue isn't as bad as my nephews. I have a 4th number that is suspended and still being billed 20. For that and there is no service on the dang phone. They outsource and the people they outsource customer service have NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! They have gone so far to transfer me to Comcast to tell me I don't have home internet. What a uninformed employee. I want to get paid to transfer calls out of my cue bcz I can't handle it. Do yourself. A favor DO NOT GO TO XFINITY MOBILE! RUN LIKE HELL UNTIL THEY CAN WORK OUT ALL THE KINKs!!

Xfinity Mobile Company Information