3.5/5 (493 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Webs...

Verified

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you do...

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
  • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
  • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
  • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
  • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is been cost-saving! I don't use a lot of data but do use data. Under 1G/month my fees are $15/month. I get wifi wherever we travel and haven't had any problems. We use it a lot for GPS on the road too, staying in contact with family wherever we go.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Here’s the real deal. Xfinity Mobile provides excellent service with few dropped calls. Their charges are significantly less than all know competitors - Bar none. And, individuals or family can customize the amount of gigs to fit their needs. Best of all, Xfinity has hot spots throughout the greater Seattle area, which aids in reducing service cost. Lastly, their customer service is excellence and display professionalism when handling questions or customer concerns. I recommend Xfinity Mobile cellphone service without reservations..

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The monthly bill for service is under $100 for 2 phones and hotspots are everywhere. Also use Verizon platform. Phones are affordable with payment plans. Works good in rural areas of GA. Making payments and viewing usage is helpful.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I enjoy being able to talk anywhere all the time. The customer service agents are very nice as well. They are knowledgeable. Free phone is pretty decent as well. Streaming service is awesome!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Hi. I was an Xfinity mobile user since 2017. I've it I've been an xfinity Internet bundle person prior to that period. I was excited when xfinity created a mobile department and offered cell phone service at a much cheaper price than Verizon. What I have learned since then is that every time I've traveled to Europe or the Caribbean my phone goes into Airplane mode but I'm still charged roaming fees even though I'm Airplane mode. I've had to argue with them about that because every other cellphone service I've used since 18 teen singular so we're talking I'm old school way back when this all started! There were no plans. There were options for options even with Verizon. I knew if I went overseas it was either pay so much a call text or email or just rent a phone and pay XX amount. With Xfinity mobile there are no options. You just pay 25 cents per minute for everything! OK so I don't want to do that.

I put my phone on Airplane mode And come home to a $400 bill! I go on a cruise in 2019. Same thing. I come home to shutting off my phone and still have a bill 1/2 to argue! So I decided after going to Bermuda this year in 2020 21 that I purchase a global travel pass because that is what xfinity sent me through text. I sign up for $10 A-day. Now mind you I'm paying 232 already for 2 phones For years! I sign up for this service the global travel pass and come home to my phone not being able to function. On data only on Wi-Fi! So now my phone is barely functional. I can't send text messages half the time. I can't get on the Internet half the time. I can't do anything unless I am on a legitimate Wi-Fi service! I spent 5 hours on Friday and Saturday of this past week to to solve this problem!

I will give xfinity mobile the credit that they have been able to in the past help me. You can tell the young company who does not know what they're doing! Is quite when I called the regular tax said, "We have to disconnect you from Wi-Fi so please hang that up and let's see what your data looks like." OK so I do what they tell me after 2 hours. I get hung up every time and no one returns my call even though they took my landline and yes I'm that old school and that old at 50 at 50 haha to still have a landline X and line! There's a reason you still need an actual landline because cell service can't be be depended on. So I do this for 2 days and another 3 hours on Saturday. No 1 was able to help me Even with advanced care!! Everyone dropped my call and never reply. So I decide Go with T-Mobile and they can actually put my phone on the cellular service!

Now when I pay off my phones and have them unlocked I'm told by the 1st agent it's all good to go for one phone that's Samsung but not the iPhone that will take 24 hours. OK so I call T-Mobile and they can't access my phone even when I put their SIM card in. I called xfinity mobile to fix the problem and I was on the phone from 446 to 708 with no help no resolution and told that the 1st agent misinformed me both phones will take 48 hours! And when I relayed that I was in customer service and retail and the customer comes 1st is how we all grew up! I was told the same script for 2 and a 1/2 hours then half hours over and over again! I even recorded the 2 and a 1/2 hour call! If they're gonna record me I'm going to record them!

This is the worst service I've encountered in the last 35 years of owning a cell phone! To the point that I said, "If you don't get someone on the phone right away above you I will cancel even the Internet and TV service and landline!" Oh someone came right on the phone but gave me the same exact speech over and over! For my problems that have been encountered since August 28th $25 is all they could do not reimburse me for the bills. Iron crude for a global travel pass did not work and every Other timeline travel out of the country and had bills up to $400. They could not provide good service. Just a script.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I switched to Xfinity from T-Mobile. My spouse's phone would not work with them, and I was going to bow out and stick with t mobile. They offered a free I phone 5 for my wife. They also informed me that they would notify T mobile my service was switching. They are charging me for the I phone monthly, 20.00 to pay the I phone off over two years. They also did not inform t mobile as promised. I received a bill from a collection agency representing t mobile. I called Xfinity customer service, they said they would take care of the charges for the iPhone at least, after numerous calls with long wait times (eg half hour or longer) I went into a local store in SLP MN.

I spoke q an agent. After looking up my account he said that I was mistaken and could not do anything to assist me. He said I must have misunderstood about the promotion for the I phone, and spewed out some doublespeak about why they were not responsible for informing t mobile I was switching providers. I will be out close to a thousand dollars overall, the tmobile bill and the stupid I phone. Why is it that so many cell phone providers are so shady? DO NOT sign up with them, or if you feel inclined to do so get the agreement in writing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Beware, beware, beware. My ongoing experience with Xfinity. My first call to Xfinity to set up service for my daughter went very well. The girl was very nice. It went so well that we even switched her cell service over from Straight Talk. July 19. My second call to Xfinity was after installation, no flex box. She said that the flex box arrives separately however, they never placed the order for her. She immediately fixed it.

July 24th (ish) We order a new phone from Xfinity Mobile. IPhone 12. Aug 5th. My 3rd call to Xfinity, it all goes downhill from here. My daughter's new phone keeps rebooting. Tiffany said that it had been dropping apps all week. I wanted the phone replaced. The woman kept saying that I would be charged again. Um no. Ultimately, the woman hung up on me. Now, when the phone does slightly work, she can no longer text.

Aug 5th. My 4th call to Xfinity. New customer service rep tries to fix the phone. Always referencing the IPhone 8 which is her old phone not the new phone. They said that I could return the phone and they would order a new one so she would not be without a phone. Waiting for a return tag. Aug 5th. My 5th call to Xfinity. Called to be sure that the last representative put it through properly. Nope. This woman says that the problem is that the new phone is not synced and we have to wait 6 hours and network reset the phone. Oh and turn on airplane mode and then turn it off again.

Aug 6th. The phone still does not work. My 6th call to Xfinity. They continue to troubleshoot. Everyone gives me a different story.. They refer me to warranty. Aug 6th. Calling Warranty. They do not cover this because it is under manufacturer warranty. They refer me to Apple. Tells me this after being on the phone for over 30 minutes. Aug 6th. Calling Apple. Apple tests the phone. Does everything possible on their end. Awesome customer service. It is not the phone. It is Xfinity. Apple outright said it. Aug 6th. My 7th call to Xfinity. Let them know that Apple said that it is their issue. They trouble shoot all of the same things that had been done already. I have to give it a few days for whatever fix he did this time. He promises that he will call and update me.

I gave them the weekend. Aug 10th. My 8th call to Xfinty. At this point, tried to get a supervisor again, they never let me. Now, I am just furious. My daughter has a brand new phone that does not work. They troubleshoot again. Nothing. I want to return the phone and pull the number back to Att. The representative is messaging a supervisor who agrees at this point. They will send me a return label. They will release her number. Immediately call Att to set up service.

August 14th. Att has a new phone in her hands, fully operational. Att has to call Xfinity to get the number released even after Xfinity gave me the passcode for the number. They still are unable to do things properly. Thank goodness for Att. August 19th. Xfinity calls me. This should be fun. Trying to upgrade my daughter's service that we just started in July and in July they felt that she had all of the service she needed. Then she proceeds to say, "Let's discuss your mobile service...." Wow, bad move. No thank you. (Maybe not worded so gracefully) This call also reinforced that I still have a Xfinity mobile account and I am still being billed.

August 20th. My 9th call to Xfinity. No return label yet. The representative proceeds to tell me about their 14 day return policy. I proceed to tell him that I do not care what mountains he has to move, this phone is coming back. I am told something different every time I call. The return has already been approved by a supervisor. This is crazy. Promises to manually process a return label.

August 23rd. My 10th call to Xfinity. Asked again for a supervisor. He will message a supervisor to return my call. No return call. Aug 23rd. My 11th call to Xfinity. Asked for a supervisor again. Nope. First thing she says... "So you are trying to return an Iphone 8?" NO OH MY GOSH NO!!!! Why can't you guys get this right? Woman says that since a manual return was initiated and it still says pending, she has to escalate it. Still nowhere. Promises that she will call back. Of course, I have not added detail to each call like the hours that I have spent on the phone, how they cannot even find the Iphone 12, each call they say the Iphone 8. How I feel like exploding every time they say something different or something the same, it does not even matter anymore.

I am in heart failure, my heart functions at 25%. I am not supposed to stress. These people have caused me more stress and anxiety over this than my job or anything else. This is ridiculous. Here we are... no resolution. I have now spent hours on the phone with Xfinity only to be nowhere, still being billed of course. I have made Tiffany sit on the the phone with me and them, it has been nothing but a waste of time. Do not use Xfinity mobile. They are absolutely terrible.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

In the beginning my experience was wonderful with Xfinity Mobile. Customer service was always a bit lacking but I was set up on auto pay and I had a great deal because I had Internet coverage. Fast forward to when I move to where Xfinity does not offer any services. They tell me they’re going to raise my cell phone $20 each line. That’s fine. My bill went from $86 a month to $146.02. Their math must be horrible because that is not $40. That is $60. I was then unable to login to pay my cell phone bill after my debit card had been replaced.

I still cannot access my account and every single time I try I get all I don’t have an account yet and I still have active cell phone service. I am unable to access anything online. It just keeps telling me to initiate a new account. When I called to speak with a representative they told me my account has been canceled. I have to login every month with the Quick Pay to pay my cell phone bill. I am currently looking for another provider. How on this green and blue earth can you have coverage and not have an account but yet still get a bill every month in your email. They provide decent service unless you move.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

This is regarding Xfinity Mobile. My call with customer service on 8/14/2021 at 9:56 am EST lasted 1 hour and 5 minutes of pure unacceptable treatment. The second agent I spoke with, a Level II agent was by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had. She was beyond rude and insulting. I had called in the week before asking for help with my upcoming auto-pay as I was concerned it would leave me with very little money until my next paycheck. I did not ask for anything specific other than a possible payment extension. I did not ask for a credit or to have any costs removed. I had just agreed to a payment plan for a past due balance and didn't realize the monthly bill was tied into the payment (would cancel the payment plan if it wasn't paid on time). The agent on that call granted me a $30 credit to help me out.

Now, back to the call I am complaining about. I explained that the week prior an agent had given me a $30 credit to help me out, which had been applied to my past due balance and not my current monthly bill which would be taken from my bank account in a few days. The intention of the credit was to help me with the current monthly bill and asked if there was any way for the credit to be moved to where it was intended to be. The customer agent quickly and rudely then summarized my prior call as me calling in to manipulate the agent into going outside of Xfinity procedures for my benefit. I was completely caught off guard that I was just called manipulative and attempting to have the agent break the rules for my benefit. I have never had a customer service agent speak to me that way!

She then kept cutting me off as I was telling her that her choice of phrasing was highly insulting. She said that she was unable to remove the $30 credit (I didn't ask for that). I told her that I had simply called in asking for help and I am not responsible for whatever actions were taken by the agent on that call. The Level II agent then went into a very demeaning tone, saying that I had willingly entered into a payment agreement for my past due balance and was fully aware of the terms and conditions of that agreement. In addition, I had received an email detailing the terms and conditions of said agreement, so therefore, I was in fact responsible for the agent's actions. I asked her to clarify that, by me calling in and asking for help with the upcoming payment, asking if any options were available, that qualified me as attempting to manipulate the agent into going outside their policies. She replied "yes".

She barely would give me a chance to speak and when I did, she would cut me off saying that I had to give her a chance to respond to me or she would end the call. I don't think I was allowed to finish a complete sentence during the entire call, yet she claimed that I was not allowing her to speak, although that's all she was doing. Again, I never asked for a credit. I asked if the amount could potentially be granted a short extension or to split the payment, but I was simply asking if there were any options we could explore. I was not demanding anything and I wasn't demanding at all. That original conversation had been quite calm. This Level II agent made horrible accusations against me that were highly insulting and in the end, she ended up having the $30 credit reversed, obviously because I was a manipulative, selfish person with no consideration for others and I had magically conned the agent into doing my evil bidding.

Xfinity customer service has always had a reputation of one of the worst out there, but this became my #1 worst customer experience of any company ever. Even American Airlines customer service is better than this agent. I called back twice asking for her name, customer service id, some type of identifier to include with my complaint, but was told each time that they are not allowed to give out any information on the other agents. Apparently Xfinity is trying to make it impossible to make specific complaints about their agents. I understand not giving me a name, but I can't have an operator id # or some type of something that would identify who I was complaining about? Wow!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I am going to share information that I wish I knew before I switched my family from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile. I am a long standing Comcast/Xfinity customer. I subscribe to TV cable service and high speed WiFi. I have an excellent credit score and have been in good standing with them for many years. I have 6 people in my family. Xfinity Mobile will only allow me to have 5 lines. The reason I was given for this was that Xfinity had to make sure I showed that I paid my bill on time for 6 months. My credit score was in the low 800s the last time I checked. I think that is very good if not an excellent rating. But that’s fine.

So I suggested, and offered to pay for the entire 6th line up front. Cash. The entire year, phone and all. That way Xfinity would not incur any additional risk. Nope. I keep getting these ridiculous responses from their call center that simply don’t make sense to me. I have tried to escalate this with their leadership, but to no avail. I don’t understand why a company looking to gain market share, would not try and compromise with a loyal and low risk customer. So it is a bad start, and I can/will not recommend their service to anyone around me.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information