Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

PROS

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

CONS

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Website is very good. I wish that I had switched earlier.

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you don't have to use your data when you are near one. We've been very pleased.

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
    • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
    • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
    • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
    • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
    Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
    Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
    Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
    Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
    Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
    Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
    No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2020

I need to give both good and bad reviews here. First, don't "bring your own phone" to Xfinity. I got what I thought was a good deal (check my Samsung review to find out it wasn't) from Samsung on an S20. I called Xfinity before ordering it to make sure it would work. They said, "Sure no problem." I called when I received the phone and they said they had to add a line and send me a sim card and call when I get the sim card. I called when I got the sim card and they had me put my old sim card in the new phone and the new sim card in the old phone, then canceled the new line.

The next day, I could make calls but had no internet. I called again..the first call was 40 minutes and two reps before they hung up on me. The second call was 70 minutes on hold, 20 minutes with the first rep, 30 minutes with Tier 2, and 15 minutes with Tier 3 before they told me to go to an Xfinity store and they would make me a sim card. So I went to a store where they can't make 5G sim cards. But (here's the five stars) the staff at the North Huntingdon PA store knew what needed to be done and stayed on the phone with the very unhelpful phone people through multiple reps (the first one hung up on the store!) They didn't give up even though it was past closing time until my phone worked.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I've been an Xfinity Mobile customer for the past 2 years. I have had very reliable service, even when traveling outside of Comcast service area. When I travelled out of comcast service area; my provider automatically changed to Verizon. They offer the latest phones and devices on payment plans with a good insurance plan that allows you to upgrade after 1 year of payments. When screen on my Galaxy broke I had to pay $20 to have it fixed. Overall, Xfinity mobile is excellent plan for Comcast internet Customers. However, when I moved into my new home with Fios installed and unsubscribed to Comcast internet service my bill increased $40, ($20 per device), and I was told that I am no longer able upgrade my phones.

My service with xfinity mobile is still very reliable as a non comcast internet subscriber; I'm just no longer getting it for the best price. I own (paid in full) 1 iPhone 11 & 1 galaxy s9, my monthly bill is now $165.84 for unlimited service on 2 lines & insurance on 2 devices and $20 per device fee for non comcast internet subscribers.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Xfinity Mobile's plan uses Verizon's network. They allow you to choose what billing plan you want to use and then change as your needs change. The downside is buying their phone; however, the phone selection spans price ranges and has current models. You can have up to five phones on your account. Talk and text are free. Just pay for data. Data plans: Choose an unlimited plan for specific phones if you need it. Or share data among phones. Coverage is good across the nation. Dead spots are the same as everyone else's. NOTE: You have to have Xfinity internet, but you can set up your phone to use Xfinity's secure hotspots so you can save on data.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have never had any problems with Xfinity. Mobile service is really cheap. You can pay by the gig or get unlimited. I have only went over once since I’ve had Xfinity. You are also allowed to change your data plan in the middle of your month if you know you're going over. You can pay anywhere from $12-$45. I think it’s great that you’re not forced into a high priced plan if you don’t need it! So $12 a month is excellent, especially for seniors that are on a fixed income!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a new customer with Xfinity and decided after years of having 5 mobile lines with AT&T, and dealing with the really bad coverage, to change phone companies. Since I just ordered Xfinity home service I decided to order a phone through Xfinity. I placed an order and went through the verification emails supplying the documents requested. The next day I received an email stating my order had been canceled. I called and spoke to 2 different people trying to find out why the order had been canceled. I was told that I had not answered the phone when the fraud dept tried calling, which was a lie because my phone is attached to my hip and I sleep with it beside my bed. Having 3 businesses I have learned to be readily available by phone.

I waited for my money to be returned and decided to give Xfinity another chance. Before I placed the order I made sure that the correct contact phone numbers were on the account. After placing the second order and sending over the documents needed to verify me again, I waited for the confirmation email about the phone order. The next day I received the same cancellation email that I had received the week before. At this time I am furious and about to cancel my entire home service with Xfinity. I call once more and end up getting transferred to Robert **. I explained the situation as calmly as I could. Robert listened patiently, doesn't interrupt and tries his best to find the solution. He then calls the fraud dept and is lucky to speak to the rep that canceled the order.

I relocated part time from NYC to Washington DC. My driver's license is from NY State. This was the reason the order was canceled. He apprised the rep of the situation and I was able to put through another order with her looking for it to approve. I understand the scale to which Comcast has grown, but to have to speak to 6 reps of the company and two orders being canceled, for one man to take it upon himself to solve an issue brings me back to the term; Great Customer Service. Have companies forgotten that part of Customer Service is the Service end of it. No matter what happens to the order Robert ** has shown exactly what this company needs to get back to. If enough customers leave, market share and profit will go down and investors on Wall Street don't like seeing margins go down.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Bad service, weak network signal, dropped calls, people don’t hear me! I spoke with 8 tech, spend 4 days, and nobody can’t help me! Waste of time! It’s terrible, I can’t call even my mom! Everybody tell me “I don’t hear you! Do you hear me?" I am tired already.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Whoever Peter is from Xfinity Mobile his customer service freaking sucks and I hope your phone falls in the toilet full of ????. You will have no good luck sir. There is no reason why nothing is offered for free of charge because the phone is out of stock. At this present time I am ready to cancel all 3 lines altogether. There is no reason why I'm on hold for over an hour and still no solution because of Peter and his negligence. Peter if you can't deal with people you need a new job. Signed a pissed off unhappy customer.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Considering Xfinity Mobile? BEWARE!! Changing my mobile service from Verizon to Xfinity was a huge mistake. Hopefully, this review will save others from making the same mistake. My house has a weak signal due to many large oak trees and a small pond. For my situation, a good network extender is critical to reliable service. Lured by Xfinity's merchandising ploy that Xfinity uses Verizon towers, I believed that Xfinity could provide reliable service.

After weeks of spending hours and hours on the phone with 22 different Xfinity reps in technical support and customer service at the supervisor level, I finally determined that nothing could be done to improve my signal. In fact, the new Xfinity Samsung A70 phone I had to purchase to cut the ties from Xfinity was not fully compatible with my new 2020 Subaru Outback or the Verizon network extender that is critical to strong signal. So I am stuck with a $412 phone that I cannot use.

Even in this exceptional Covid-19 environment, (meaning closed Xfinity stores and extremely long wait times for phone assistance,) Xfinity will not work with you if you've experienced exceptional problems with their service and have gone past the 14 days trial period. In Xfinity's view, you own the problem and you pay the full price for their lack of service. How ironic is their “Xfinity Customer Commitment: Respect your time; Simplify your experience; Make things right if we fall short.”

Original review: June 12, 2020

My voicemail stopped working. I have spent 4 hours with 5 different techs either by online chat or phone and no one can fix my voicemail issue. I have even spoke with a supervisor who has no idea what's wrong. I thought AT&T was bad but these guys make AT&T look like an angel. I will be cancelling my contract.

Original review: June 10, 2020

In Jan 2020 I thought I would try Xfinity mobile. Sign-up required that I give my social security number and a credit card. After a few days I was able to determine that the service was not adequate for my needs and cancelled. The cancellation and out-porting of my number was tedious and required no less than 4 hours. I experienced extreme hold times and multiple transfers. Now 6 months later they are still charging my credit card with fees that no one seems to be able to explain to me. As with my previous experience each call requires hours of phone time. I tried going to the Xfinity store which is basically the same experience. Extreme wait times and very poor customer service. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information