2.53/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

17 Xfinity Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Long time Comcast customer to the tune of $200+/mo. in services, excited by the savings potential offered by Xfinity mobile service (i.e. $12/gig). Brought my wife's account and mine over from AT&T via new phones several months ago. Service is OK, but our data usage has gone way up despite our not having changed our habits, so anticipated savings not really happening.

Then tried to bring over two of my children's accounts, one via BYOB device with new Xfinity SIM card and one new phone purchase. Total nightmare and utter shipwreck. After over 3.5 hours on phone with customer service, including 1.5 hours tonight, I'm left with two kids whose existing phones have been rendered inoperative for over 24 hours by Comcast's complete incompetence with no resolution in sight.

Will be taking the whole account back to AT&T and looking to bring my relationship with Comcast to an end overall. I don't think I can remember experiencing this level of incompetence and complete lack of concern for the problems they are causing in my entire adult life. MY TWO CENTS ON THE EXPERIENCE...STAY AWAY FROM XFINITY MOBILE AT ANY COST!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I called Xfinity to tell them I need to file an insurance claim because there was a white light going across my phone when I swipe and callers were saying they couldn’t hear me when I'm on speaker phone. So they said sounds like a warranty issue. They sent me a new phone, and I sent the old one in. Mind you I'm paying them 12 dollars and something a month for insurance. The next thing I know I call in one day to pay my bill and it’s 800 something dollars. I'm like, "Why is my bill 800 dollars."

They claim my phone had some water damage. I'm like, "My phone is suppose to be waterproof 1, and I have insurance. Just give me back the phone and I will claim my insurance." Honestly I workout, so I'm thinking maybe there was some sweat in the phone which they never showed me proof of the actual water damage. I asked them why didn't they tell me prior to billing me, because my phone worked perfectly fine besides the speaker phone issues and white light I was seeing while swiping. They had no answer. Then I said, “Ok give me my phone back,” they said they don’t have the phone. And I'm like, "That's so unfair."

Here are my issues. 1. I pay for insurance which covers water damage. 2. I had the phone around 9 months which is around 270 dollars already paid off since I pay for my phone monthly. Around 30 a month. 3. I was charged the full phone fee. 4. I never got a call or to see water damage, or given a chance to dispute the water damage. 5. My phone is suppose to be waterproof. 6. They sold my phone. 7. They kept the phone. Basically they tell you to send in for warranty, then steal your phone which is insured and try to make you pay an extra 7 hundred something to them. This is a total RIP off and I'm so disappointed. I had to cancel my service. There is no way I'm paying them an extra 7 hundred for a phone I don’t get to keep.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I've been with Xfinity Mobile for few months. First hiccup was I was told they could bring my old phone number over, once I received my new phone I'm told "NO CAN DO". I recently went to South Africa on a philanthropy trip. Prior to leaving I checked on international services. I enable the services on October 3rd, traveled 24 hours arrived on the 5th. By Friday my phone was shut off for suspicious activity. I explain to security and customer service that I'm in South Africa and have the international plan therefore my phone should not be cut off. I also gave them the time frame I'd be there.

Two days later same thing - phone cut off. This happened 5 times over the course of two weeks. I reach out to corporate about this, the review my bill and to my surprise I now have a bill that's over $2K, yes that right $2,000. I calculated $520. I was a former AT&T customer with a pricey bill but know for a fact international plans are MUCH cheaper. They need leave the mobile business to the pros. Beyond pissed, paying this ridiculous bill and switching back.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I called Xfinity to get a home phone to go along with my internet. After getting the home phone I was told about the Xfinity mobile plan. The representative told me if I wasn't happy with the phone I had 3 days to cancel without penalty. I said ok. My wife came home from work that evening and said we didn't need another phone because we already had 2. I called back the very next morning and canceled the order before they had a chance to ship the phone out of the store. Well they shipped it anyway. When I spoke to a representative before receiving the phone she instructed me not to sign for the phone and it would just be shipped back to them. I said ok. So when the phone arrived I didn't sign for it. However after a short period I saw I was being billed $35 for the phone.

When I called and asked what the charge was for, they said it was a restocking fee. I was never told anything about a restocking fee, only that I wouldn't have a charge as long as I canceled in time. I explained to them that I only made the order because I was assured I wouldn't be charged. They told me because I didn't have an account with them there was nothing they could do to refund my money but if I had an account with them they could give me a credit. So if they weren't wrong why would they give me a credit? So I was lied to and basically just railroaded for $35. Not only am I going to contact BBB but will inform as many people as I can about how this company does people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

So went to the Xfinity store today to get the new iPhone XS Max. Waited in line for an hour before they opened to make sure I got one the day they came out. I have the insurance which gets me a free upgrade every year so I was all set to get the new one. My bill is current and never missed a payment for 12 months in a row.

I’m the first one in the store. Tell them I want the iPhone XS Max 256 in silver. The lady tells me they only got 6 phones in and the don’t have silver but they have space grey. So I say ok good enough. She goes to upgrade me, and the computer tells me that although I’m eligible for an upgrade, my account is in good standing, and I’ve made at least half of the payments on my iPhone 8 Plus, it’s all based on credit so they need $1,250 upfront for the phone.

Are you kidding me!? So I wasted my time, my gas, and my money paying for insurance I didn’t need to get treated like a second rate customer and walked out with no phone and just seriously pissed off. Looks like I’ll be cancelling my insurance and likely my service too as a result. Way to be a bunch of corporate douchebags and lose a loyal customer for what, the fear that I might not make a payment on the outrageously priced phone? I’ve never missed a damn payment so what’s the problem? So disappointed with Xfinity. If I had other internet options I’d stop being a customer all together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had home internet in PA from Comcast and that's when I decided to go with Xfinity Mobile plans. A year later we moved to MS and here they have no home services, so they informed me that I have to pay $10 for each line for that reason in order to keep using Mobile services (It says so nowhere on their website, it may have said in terms).

I have been doing that for a long time now as their network coverage is good (From Verizon), now when we have new iPhone launch and I want to buy new phones for both lines they say that I can't buy because I don't have home internet services. (Again it says nowhere on their website, it may have said in terms.). It's a complete rip-off as they are actually charging me extra $10 for both lines no matters what plans you have. The main reason for buying phones from them is that it automatically connects to their free wi-fi hotspots across the US without entering ID & Password each time.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My wife and I had been with Verizon for years. We decided to bundle our phone service with our internet and cable service with Xfinity. This was during the rebate for the iPhone X deal. It was $200 for each phone if you purchased the iPhone X for each person. We did this. First, the woman I spoke to told me we would get $200 for each phone we purchased. Then she said "and you get another $200 for each phone you send in (our used phones)." I asked her several times if this was correct. I said to her "this would be $800. That's almost one phone free basically." She replied "that is correct". Of course we were excited. Then, we got our phones and needed to set them up. We called and were then told they didn't have us in their system. How is that possible? We had already received our phones from them. They finally got this fixed.

I asked them if our phones we sent in would still be in the system. They said yes. They then told me that we would receive about $76 for one and $100 for the other. I asked them why we were not getting the $200. They said because they do not handle that. This is their insurance department and it is based on what they can get for the phone. Ok, I let it go. Next, my phone went haywire and I had to go to the Apple Store. It was so messed up they could not fix it. They replaced my phone, so that was nice at least. Now I get my first rebate card in. I called to ask if our second one was coming and am currently on hold and have been for 23 minutes because they said my record shows that I only purchased one iPhone X and the other phone was a generic iPhone. I have two iPhone Xs that we purchased and now here is Xfinity trying to get over on me again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Don't be fooled by false advertising. Xfinity Mobile says you can bring your own phone. They don't tell you that you must be with the 4 major carriers or buy one of their phones. I traveled 90 mins. to one of their stores to find this out. Their salesmen who sold me Xfinity Triple Play claimed he didn't know this. BS. DirecTV here I come.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

From day one I should have known something was wrong when they told If I switch I get 250 gift card. As soon as I switched they tell me the gift card is not for the phone I bought. Until this day is still have not received my gift card which I'm still fighting for and then tell me I can't use any of my Android phones. They're not compatible only their phones which are overpriced compared to other companies. I regret switching.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My second iPhone X was stolen. I am unable to retrieve it. I currently have 1 iPhone X I can use. I called Xfinity to have the STOLEN phone removed from my account. They refused and told me I have to pay anyway. When I asked them why, they said because that is policy. So, instead of canceling one phone, a total of $65 a month, maybe a little more, Xfinity Mobile has chosen to lose upwards of $400 a month, as I will be canceling my services. While I realize this will hit my credit report, I no longer care. This is just the latest issue in a line of several for this year alone.

I was supposed to receive a $300 Visa card OR credit to my account, per iPhone (I also have my son’s LG phone on my account). Due to a domestic violence situation, I am currently unable to work and since the phone is stolen anyway, having it taken off of my account will allow me to pay the bill. Too bad Xfinity/Comcast would prefer to lose an additional $350 a month, rather than the $65ish.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love this service, it's so much cheaper than other carriers and has the same coverage as Verizon. If you have Xfinity WiFi service in your home you can get the mobile service, you only pay for data.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My experience with this company has been great and I have no complaints. Being connected all the time is awesome, no other company has this going on so I would stay with them as long as I have Xfinity!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Although I have had my new service for only a few months, I have found the service outstanding and the cost great. Every made or received call has been received and/or completed while my data usage has cost less than $5 a month since I use my wifi for connecting.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

They only take autopay. Employees not trained well and sometimes rude. Bills rarely correct and they sometimes overcharge. No place close to go to.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I switched from Verizon and my 2 phones are costing me $17 a month, whereas I was spending $80 more per month. The service is as good or better and I don’t mind saving money.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Xfinity does not lock you into contract. The data rate you choose is flexible according to your expected activity. Reception excellent, Tech support 24/7 via phone, chat, message. Convenient on-site stores, too.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The phones are a little expensive (a little above average) but so worth what I save each month. $12 per gig is my plan and as long as you don't go over 500 mb, It's free! They also have unlimited for $45.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information