1.41/5

91 Xfinity Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

The high speed Internet with Xfinity is great, but the highest level one is also very expensive. I just feel that Internet service should not be so extremely high! It’s bad enough cable is so high. It’s no wonder everyone I know is switching to other means of watching their favorite shows and movies. Xfinity’s customer service is excellent though, so that makes having their high speed Internet worth it to us.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've read through many of these reviews and many of the complaints would have been avoided had people read the information Xfinity readily provides online. $35 restocking fee. Cannot change billing date; it's bound to billing cycle... Why? Because it's a monthly data plan... not a 31-day plan then change it to 45 'cause you need 15 more days to make a payment, then switch it again to 20... You're billed $12/GB per month, you can't change the cycle to cheat the system. Rep claims the phone is the cause of dropped calls, poor wi-fi. Customer swears it's not the phone. He knows it's not the phone... very next paragraph complains how much he was charged due to A BROKEN/CRACKED screen! So yeah, it most likely WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE ISSUES!

You were told it ships in 2 days and you check <48 hours later for an e-mail and flip the hell out because there isn't one in your inbox. 2 days doesn't mean exactly 48 hours after you place the order. Also, e-mail delivery can be relatively slow, it's not high priority network traffic. Buy a couple phones on Black Friday and throw a fit because activation is a little while longer than the 45 minute estimated AVERAGE activation duration. IT'S A BUSY AS HELL SHOPPING DAY, EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

$45 is the unlimited plan. You have to choose the unlimited plan. Nowhere does it state if you use 45 bucks worth of data you automatically switch to the unlimited plan and therefore will never be charged more than $45/month. Yeah, that would be nice, but Xfinity is a business, and if they want to charge for more, they sure as hell have that right. You take responsibility and you change to unlimited if you are going to use more than 4GB of data. The phone shows you how MUCH DATA YOU'RE USING. Xfinity has no obligation to auto-switch data plans so customers don't have to pay more for more.

If you haven't received refunds you genuinely feel you're due... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Afraid you may keep getting charged for services you've canceled or devices you've returned... Cancel the credit card and have a new one issued. You can simply report it lost. BOOM! New card with new number same issuing institution. Now you don't have to have an aneurysm worrying about 'fraudulent' charges appearing on your credit card.

The service works off wifi hotspots (any you have access to, not JUST Xfinity) and Verizon towers. If you aren't near wifi hotspots, you're going to be using data. You will be charged for data! It's not a surprise. It's not shocking. It's clearly explained. You weren't lied to or misinformed, or mislead. Verizon towers because yeah, I get service where only Xfinity mobile and Verizon customers get service.

Super cheap mobile phone service. I have 4 phones, one of which is unlimited data (my daughter is NOT always around Wi-Fi) and it's about 90 bucks a month. I get service where I did not with Boost Mobile and T-Mobile for LESS money. I don't believe in Apple, so I'm not going to shell out thousands for a few iPhones. LG phones do the same job and more for less.

You have to sometimes get the right customer service rep. Just hang up and call again if the call starts going sideways. I've had to do that maybe 4 times in the 14 years as a Comcast customer. I mean that for 2 separate issues I ended up calling back a third time to get someone competent. Some calls are not as productive as they could be, and yet some were actually pleasant. Called when updating my own modem, to get a better price, twice for service issues, and a couple times regarding Xfinity mobile account details.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Not only is does this company provide the best cell coverage I’ve ever had, their customer service is amazing. They listen to my issues and are caring and always resolve my problems. On top of all that the cost of my plan including my phone is the most affordable I had.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I am 68-year-old female. I have been used to TracFone for years. I switch to Xfinity mobile and because I don't really need to use the data when I'm out and about. I got a price of $9.99 a month for two years. The phone that came attached to that price is a LG stylus 4. Basically, I'm just paying for the phone for two years and after the two years the phone is mine and all the other services are free. I also have internet, cable, and landline with Comcast that is why after the two years my mobile phone services are free. I have had absolutely nothing but a great experience with Comcast and XFinity mobile in all departments. I am very happy about the price of $9.99. I don't need to use my data when I'm out so I turned my data off immediately when I got my phone and I don't use it. If I go to McDonald's or somewhere where they have Wi-Fi I connect to them but other than that I don't use it that is why my price is lower. I am a very happy customer. I love the phone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wow. I’m genuinely SHOCKED to see so many people here writing reviews critical of Xfinity Mobile when a careful reading of them almost ALWAYS makes one conclude that the issues they experienced were NOT the fault of Comcast Xfinity! Being a Comcast tv and internet customer, I walked into my nearest Xfinity Store 1 hour before store closing with my two iPhones that I just had unlocked by my then-current GSM cellular MVNO (AT&T network via another company). Within that one hour both phones’ numbers were ported over, the sim cards were fully activated and the phones properly registered into the network. The ports were accomplished so quickly largely because while I was there the Xfinity employee called the MVNO’s porting department to help speed it up.

Free and unlimited minutes and texting complete with Verizon’s visual and standard voicemail, MMS service, iMessaging, etc. And to date the service has been FLAWLESS - because it is in essence Verizon Wireless repackaged and rebranded, plain and simple. They even allow your phone to have other devices “tethered” to its “personal hotspot” at no additional charge - useful if say you have a tablet, as Xfinity does not yet offer data-only sim cards. I STRONGLY recommend Xfinity Mobile, especially for current Comcast customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: May 25, 2019

This company people screwed me over so hard today! I can’t even believe the level of frustration I have been put through. I wonder if they screw over all of their customers or just struggling single moms like me?! They $336.81 from my account promising me service restoration, and failed to do so. I was completely misled and not one of them who I have talked to have tried to resolve this issue!!! And I’ve been hung up on every single time!!!! I’m in tears right now trying to figure out how I’m going to take this 4 hour drive tomorrow for my son’s field trip with a crappy car and no phone. Thanks!

It’s absolutely ridiculous how this company operates. There is zero flexibility! I am being charged differently every month when I’m supposed to have unlimited service at a set amount AND I’m being charged for unlimited data that I’m not even getting. I ask to cancel my service and you they tell me I can’t because my phones are financed so essentially - they’re making me pay for a service I’m not provided with and giving me zero options to stop. That’s theft and entrapment!!! I can’t wait to spend my night reviewing this company on every website I can find. Shame on this company. Seriously!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have been trying to port my phone over to T-Mobile for 2 months because I could not upgrade due to not having internet or cable service with them anymore. I was given the wrong account number. After multiple calls (to no avail) I decided to use the temporary number till so I could call Xfinity later. Called to get the unlock code for my phone to transfer that way and had to pay April current to unlock. Spent over an hour in the phone to get my unlock code to find out, when they called to upgrade my phone the wrong IMEI number was in the system. So I have to email Samsung to clear things up. Day after I pay April I see a new charge. So I call and am told I will be charged in June as well. How is this my fault when every bit of information in their system is wrong. Xfinity mobile service are crooks. And the supervisor is rude to no end.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Good Price, Poor Performance. I thought I had done my research. I talked with multiple Xfinity Mobile employees and asked a lot of questions to try and figure out if their less expensive cellphone service, which they offer for current Xfinity internet owners, would be worth it. All they tell you is that they have the same coverage as Verizon and 'share' their cellular network. They never mentioned speed or performance. I decided to make the switch, and purchased 2 new Samsung Galaxy S10E phones.

Within the first day of turning on my phone I noticed a slight decrease in connection speed. My wife activated her phone 2 days later, and had worse performance. We were at a gathering with friends and we could not get any website to load, even though our phones showed we had service. That same day I couldn't use my phone at all because the SIM card wasn't registering! After 72 hours I called it quits, and returned my new phones, and asked to have my account terminated. They were helpful to terminate my service, and luckily Verizon accepted me back as a customer. BE VERY CAREFUL SWITCHING TO XFINITY MOBILE.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I went into store to talk to someone about early upgrade, was not sure the phone would qualify because it had a scuff on the one corner. I was told in store (associate name: Michael) that the phone condition was fine to upgrade. Associate ordered phone for me and told me to mail the old phone back (later found out this is not what was supposed to happen and that the associate made a mistake). Old phone was received by Xfinity and classified and ineligible for upgrade by the warehouse based on damage, despite the associate saying otherwise. They did not give the phone back or notify me in any way. They disposed of the old phone and continue to charge me for it. They say I have to pay for it, even though they did not give it back, unless the store reps want to do something about it.

Xfinity tier 2 support refused to show me the images that show this supposed damage that the sales associate did not see. Suspect they are looking at the wrong phone as mine had only minor scuff on the corner. I went back to the store because T2 said they might be able to "roll it back". Whatever that means. Spoke with the same associate who sold us the new phone and he was flabbergasted. He said the phone was totally fine and he did not know what to do. He also did not know what T2 was talking about regarding the "roll it back" comment. The returned device shows up nowhere on my account aside from the one line in billing. They essentially stole the phone.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile in January. What a big mistake that was! Our coverage for cell internet service and texting has been horrible. If I could rate -5 stars I would! The rep that we talked to at Xfinity made it sound like such a great deal. We would get new phones on a 2 year contract and have great service that she said was provided by Verizon even though they were not able to advertise it. Well let me tell you in no uncertain terms it is nowhere near the kind of coverage I had as a direct Verizon customer!! If it weren't for getting new phones and not wanting to have to pay them off right now we would switch immediately back to Verizon! Don't get suckered in by the enticement of new phones and Visa gift cards. It is not worth it!

Original review: May 3, 2019

This company charges me $300 a month for phone service. Their international data roaming is terrible. I have called the company 7 times while in Mexico and they still cannot figure out why my phone wont work. They then said they will call me but cannot make my phone work in order to call me. They also said they have been working on my case for 3 days and that they will contact me at 5, BUT I have NO data and haven’t for 3 days. I 100% do NOT recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Pro: Reasonable price, Con: internet on my phone doesn't pick up. I expected better internet on my phone since it's on Verizon tower. The internet on my phone says searching for at least 10 minutes, that's my only problem, I've even got a better phone and it still does it.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have had Xfinity Mobile for about 8 months. All was fine until I needed to switch to a different carrier when I moved to a rural area with spotty reception. I have been waiting for 2 1/2 days already for my iPhone to be unlocked. Today is Friday and now they’re telling me that it might not happen before Monday. Needless to say I am highly pissed, and for this reason would not recommend Xfinity Mobile.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Where do I start. THE WORST BILLING SYSTEM IN AMERICA!!! CONS:

1 - They only do auto billing with a CC on file. If you change your card on file the system will not recognize it. Your phone will be disconnected and the only way to pay is call customer service and update your card through them.
2 - If you get a phone from them you are buying not leasing. You have to pay the full price for the phone. After 1 year you can upgrade. I tried that and they said I will still have to pay for the phone I have to upgrade to another. WHAT!
3 - Currently Xfinity mobile is a blank white canvas been like this for days, smh. When it was working the mobile app and desktop site would show different information.
4 - I feel like I'm missing something.... Oh yeah I went to an Xfinity store for help. Bad move, you would think you were in a Beverly Hills Apple store with the attitude these WORKERS had.

5 - 30 days later I'm still waiting for a refund on my cc for a phone I returned. Just like all big companies they will take your money in 30 secs and take over 30 days to return it.

PROS:

1 - It will depend on the user. They have 2 plans. 1st $45 dollar unlimited data which I wouldn't pay for you can get better service from MetroPCS and many others. 2nd is data usage plan, so you're charged $12 a gig. So if you don't go over 1 gig and you own the phone your bill will be $12. Obviously not good for teens but it works for me.
2 - Customer service over the phone. Poor people, clueless with no power. They are always apologizing. Always putting you on hold for hours. LOL, this is not a pro, I just fell for the little guy who works hard to pay bills like myself. I always say it's not your fault. Comcast/Xfinity's a major company and should have better training and user friendly programs.

3 - You can use all Xfinity towers free for data usage when you are in the vicinity of them. This does work and come in handy. I know, I abuse it. Lol. Also you have to be an Xfinity customer so if you have internet keep your data off at home and stay logged into your wifi.

I would have given them 2 stars. The phone clarity is fine just like any other phone. To sum it up if you like calling customer service for minor things that you should be able to do automatically online, don't use a lot of data or don't mind paying $45 a month or $12 a gig. If you're not careful this will add up, then get it. Do I recommend them, sorry Xfinity I wanted to like you but no. Ps. I'm keeping my service because I pay $12 - $24 a month. If or when I change I'll probably go back to MetroPCS they are such simple company to deal with.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been charged for a full extra device and protection plan that I didn't purchase because of a system error. I have not looked at the bill for a couple of months. When I called up on March 3rd, I was given a case number and was told they should be able to remove the extra device once they get confirmation from the Inventory department in a few days. I agreed to wait but nothing happened for 2 weeks. I called back on a Saturday, the agent answered, apologized but she can't help because she doesn't have the ability like weekday agents. Today (April 17th) after spending an hour with a Tier 2 agent, someone is still working on the case and I got a promise that it was escalated to the highest levels (GSS team) and will have an answer in 24 to 72 hours. Keeping fingers crossed!

Original review: April 14, 2019

The world's worse customer service. I have called 20+ times to correct a $1500.00 erroneous charge. Still not fixed. Most of their people try, but they don't have the authority to act. If I could go back in history, I would not use their cell service. Good luck!

Original review: April 11, 2019

A few months ago I transferred my phone from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile, since I already had cable and internet with them I thought it would be a good idea. Then my mother bought me a new phone and added to her T-Mobile plan and all I needed to do is transfer my number. The worst customer service ever!!!! The rep needed to verify that it’s me and asked my name, address, and credit card number hmmm....and then she told me that she can’t give me my account number because the info I gave her wasn’t enough to verify that it’s actually the right person. I asked her to transfer to the supervisor and the supervisor told me the same thing and wouldn’t give me my hidden account number that I have no access to even through Xfinity website and it doesn’t even appear on my bills, to allow me to transfer my phone number.

I just had a knee surgery and they made to go to the store with a broken leg and a cast and present my ID then let the rep at the store talk to that supervisor on the phone in order for me to get that hidden account number to allow me transfer my phone number to the T-Mobile account. This is ridiculous!!! I was on the phone for 3 hours!!! I recommend to STAY AWAY from Xfinity Mobile. Also the so called supervisor was extremely rude and weasel threatening me that he will delete the account and I will lose my phone number!!!! THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in Xfinity Mobile store, paid $1082.49 in full. The mobile phone I bought is not satisfied with the return to the store for the next day and pay the $35 restocking fee. The store associate told me that the refund will be refunded to my credit card account within three to five business days. When I waited for a long time, I didn’t see the refund. I went back to the original store again. This time I was told that the refund will be returned to my credit card account within the next 24 hours. But in fact, after waiting for a full three weeks, it returned to my credit card account after I have made numerous calls.

Every time call customer service, I have to spend for almost 50 minutes or even an hour. Not only that, everyone’s expression of the same thing is different. I am often confused, I don’t know who is right. Unexpectedly, after three weeks of getting a refund, my account was charged the same amount $1082.49 again. This is really fainting, I have to spend a lot of effort again to negotiate and get a refund. But the incredible thing is that the same thing happened again and again for the third time. This really makes me completely collapse! Until now, this matter has not been resolved.

Through these things, it can be reflected that the coordination ability between their departments to department is quite poor, I suspect that their computer system links may also have some problems. If not, how can I be charged repeatedly? The store associate there are unfamiliar with their own business, inferior in business ability and inefficiency. It seems that store associate only concern that they are selling and earning commissions, treat the rest of the matter just to send it out. It’s really ridiculous for their service.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Nightmare experiences with Xfinity Mobile. I was on a 24 month device payment plan. On time payments, no issues or account changes. Fast forward and they move to a new billing platform. 24 hrs after this announcement, I have a $702 mystery charge on my account! I call 15+ times and no one can assist. "I'll call you back" (they never do), "I don't have access to issue credits", "My supervisor is out to lunch", "My supervisor is only available via internal chat", "My supervisor is in a meeting", "My supervisor comes in at 11 am." Seriously - NO ONE at Xfinity Mobile seems to be able to explain the charge or offer resolution. Their suggestion is to dispute the charge, and then get my service canceled and lose the mobile number I have had for the past 10 yrs. NO! Fix your issues Xfinity Mobile!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Ok on their website underneath Am I Eligible for Xfinity mobile. It says, "If you do have Xfinity internet service and Xfinity mobile is included with your service." I tried to do online phone purchase with payments. I got denied because of the hard credit check. I have great credit up in 750s. So I called about that. They said they don't see the credit scores. It just shows them eligible or ineligible. I chatted with 2 people about buying the phone outright pay for the full price of the phone. They said I can do it that way. So I called again and said I want to buy the phone outright pay for full price.

They said I couldn't. They don't know the reason and yes I do have Xfinity internet. So the guy that I was talking to. Tried everything and talking to his manager. They still don't know why I can't buy a phone to get service and port my number thru Xfinity mobile. It's been a headache and hassle since last week. 2 weeks ago they called told me about the Xfinity mobile and I'm eligible for it and they can set me up. I said I'm going look at the phones and think about it. The lady was nice. But still don't know why I can't service or buy a phone.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Wifi constantly cuts out. I paid for higher internet speed, and I don’t have it. Customer service is in the Philippines, they are nice however.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I was already a customer and ordered an iPhone to replace the phone I was using. The phone arrived on 02/15/19 and was returned via FedEx on 02/17/19. This was well within the 14 day return grace period. I verified with FedEx that it was received by Xfinity. It has been a month and I am being billed for the phone. I have been continuously calling to get the charge reversed and I have never received an answer, let alone a resolution to this problem. I spoke with Caesar in customer "service" today and when he gave me 3 different answers to the same question, I asked for a supervisor and he hung up on me. I know it wasn't a accidental disconnection because he did not call me back.

I am currently on a 20 minute hold for a supervisor after the rep I got when I called back could not answer any questions either. I asked if there were any notes in my account and was told that there are minimal notes, so I have to tell the story over and over (at least 10) times. I am a former T-Mobile employee and recognize poor training in this area when I see it. I don't care how cheap this plan is. When my current phone dies, I am leaving and will be happy to pay more for a plan at a competent company. Shame on the management in the mobile department for not helping the employees have the training to actually help the customers.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Unfortunately, I had to take my two phones and leave Xfinity Mobile because they were unable to bill my credit card and twice disconnect my service. I had one phone that I needed unlocked, so I submitted the request along with the customer service associate with all of the information. I’m on my fourth request, now on day 18, it’s still not unlocked and I’m waiting for that elusive email confirming that the unlock request has been granted. I’ve spoken with two supervisors, one manager, one director and 16 customer service associates. This is the most outrageous abuse of customer trust that I have ever encountered in my life.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I have been with Xfinity Mobile for nearly 2 years now and I have to say that it has been a wild ride. When the company first branched out into the mobile carrier industry I decided to join since I was a Comcast customer and I heard Verizon would power their cellular network. From Day one, the Customer Service Agents, "The Mobile Ambassadors" are unprofessional, lacking in Training of their own system, and dont seem to be on the same page as the Xfinity Store Locations. The agents on the phone line will tell you one thing, and when you get to the Xfinity store, you are told something completely different! I have came to the conclusion the phone reps are so lacking of their brand, they basically tell you anything to get you off their line!

Oddly enough, I have not had many service related issues and I am thankful because I doubt the customer service is capable of resolving the problem if one does arise. The Customer Service agents are also tech support, and if you do need higher tech support, the agents cant even call them. They have to sent them a message which results in a 24 hour promise to call you back. Xfinity Mobile is incapable of activating smart watches or tablets. This is a true sign of weak development staff.

I would assume that most companies are in business to make profit. Well Xfinity Mobile is not because they dont allow you to pay your bill online and it must be drafted from your account every month on the same day! I never heard of a company that puts themselves on a monthly allowance... The website is glitchy and poorly designed. The IT department needs bigger goals! If you can put up with the bad customer service, no ability to have mobile accessories like smart watches or tablets...You will love them!

Original review: March 8, 2019

This is the review for Xfinity Mobile $200 Visa gift card. If purchased new phone and activated new phone number please purchase your phone somewhere else since I am being promised this gift card since November/2018 and review is written in March/2019 just told they’re still processing it and it will take additional 2 weeks. Keep away from this company. Thanks.

Original review: March 8, 2019

This carrier is so backwards it makes no sense. I was eligible for an early upgrade. I went online to upgrade my phone. Online I picked my phone was told it would be 43 dollars. I was ready to checkout. However it prompted me to pay 75 dollars to pay off my current device. I did, after that I resumed my purchase. The price for the phone I wanted went from 43 dollars to 999. I called in and was told it was due to my credit. Keep in mind I did not have this trouble when starting service and I've never missed a payment with them and my device was now paid in full.

The manager on the phone told me they couldn't refund my 75 dollars. If they did they would have to send my claim to the engineering dept to rebuild installments... A communication/technology company would need an engineering dept to refund 75 dollars. Even when they did send the claim it could take up to 3 months to get my refund. Long story long I spent an hr on the phone no refund, no new phone, just scammed and pissed. Verizon here I come. What a slap in the face to a loyal customer.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My account went behind, they will not work with you. They do not offer partial payments or a payment arrangement of any sorts. Times are tough with the government shut down and everything. Being such a large company like Comcast you'd think they would help you out a little. I wasn't asking for a discounted rate or anything just if I could have my phone service not suspended until I pay this Friday.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Do not get their service. They do not help their customers. Their representatives suck. I've filed a claim on a device and received the new phone and that was also damaged and then I had to send that phone back in order to get a new phone and go without my phone and then had to do it all over again. It sucks cause I couldn't get no help how many times will I receive a new phone and how without a phone just to keep giving them my money. No way I'm canceling my account. Xfinity sucks. Do not get their service.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have tried to unlock my phone and payoff the remaining balance to switch. It has been a week and I am getting a different answer each time and still the matter is not resolved. My wife's AT&T got unlocked in 24h and the service was excellent. I feel bad leaving AT&T but very happy to get rid of Xfinity Mobile whenever that happens.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Still regret the day when I thought of ordering a device and service from Xfinity Mobile. On Dec 26th, I ended up ordering 2 devices due to inaccurate information provided by their agent. I was asked not to accept the delivery of the one I wanted to return so I accepted the delivery of iPhone-7 and declined the iPhone-8 delivery (in the FedEx center). Called customer service to inform and they told me the device will be off my account in few days. Ran into multiple porting issues with the iPhone 7 which were finally resolved almost after a month with hours on phone with the Xfinity agents.

The returned device was still showing on the account so again called few times to check when it is coming off and they said they couldn't locate the device. Finally they confirmed the device was received on Jan 7th and created a case to investigate why it's still on the account. It has been 2 months now and the issue is still not resolved. They've already started charging for a device I never received and provide a new excuse and case number every time I call. Please stay away and save your time and energy.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information