1.27/5

115 Xfinity Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a new customer with Xfinity and decided after years of having 5 mobile lines with AT&T, and dealing with the really bad coverage, to change phone companies. Since I just ordered Xfinity home service I decided to order a phone through Xfinity. I placed an order and went through the verification emails supplying the documents requested. The next day I received an email stating my order had been canceled. I called and spoke to 2 different people trying to find out why the order had been canceled. I was told that I had not answered the phone when the fraud dept tried calling, which was a lie because my phone is attached to my hip and I sleep with it beside my bed. Having 3 businesses I have learned to be readily available by phone.

I waited for my money to be returned and decided to give Xfinity another chance. Before I placed the order I made sure that the correct contact phone numbers were on the account. After placing the second order and sending over the documents needed to verify me again, I waited for the confirmation email about the phone order. The next day I received the same cancellation email that I had received the week before. At this time I am furious and about to cancel my entire home service with Xfinity. I call once more and end up getting transferred to Robert **. I explained the situation as calmly as I could. Robert listened patiently, doesn't interrupt and tries his best to find the solution. He then calls the fraud dept and is lucky to speak to the rep that canceled the order.

I relocated part time from NYC to Washington DC. My driver's license is from NY State. This was the reason the order was canceled. He apprised the rep of the situation and I was able to put through another order with her looking for it to approve. I understand the scale to which Comcast has grown, but to have to speak to 6 reps of the company and two orders being canceled, for one man to take it upon himself to solve an issue brings me back to the term; Great Customer Service. Have companies forgotten that part of Customer Service is the Service end of it. No matter what happens to the order Robert ** has shown exactly what this company needs to get back to. If enough customers leave, market share and profit will go down and investors on Wall Street don't like seeing margins go down.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The high speed Internet with Xfinity is great, but the highest level one is also very expensive. I just feel that Internet service should not be so extremely high! It’s bad enough cable is so high. It’s no wonder everyone I know is switching to other means of watching their favorite shows and movies. Xfinity’s customer service is excellent though, so that makes having their high speed Internet worth it to us.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've read through many of these reviews and many of the complaints would have been avoided had people read the information Xfinity readily provides online. $35 restocking fee. Cannot change billing date; it's bound to billing cycle... Why? Because it's a monthly data plan... not a 31-day plan then change it to 45 'cause you need 15 more days to make a payment, then switch it again to 20... You're billed $12/GB per month, you can't change the cycle to cheat the system. Rep claims the phone is the cause of dropped calls, poor wi-fi. Customer swears it's not the phone. He knows it's not the phone... very next paragraph complains how much he was charged due to A BROKEN/CRACKED screen! So yeah, it most likely WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE ISSUES!

You were told it ships in 2 days and you check <48 hours later for an e-mail and flip the hell out because there isn't one in your inbox. 2 days doesn't mean exactly 48 hours after you place the order. Also, e-mail delivery can be relatively slow, it's not high priority network traffic. Buy a couple phones on Black Friday and throw a fit because activation is a little while longer than the 45 minute estimated AVERAGE activation duration. IT'S A BUSY AS HELL SHOPPING DAY, EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

$45 is the unlimited plan. You have to choose the unlimited plan. Nowhere does it state if you use 45 bucks worth of data you automatically switch to the unlimited plan and therefore will never be charged more than $45/month. Yeah, that would be nice, but Xfinity is a business, and if they want to charge for more, they sure as hell have that right. You take responsibility and you change to unlimited if you are going to use more than 4GB of data. The phone shows you how MUCH DATA YOU'RE USING. Xfinity has no obligation to auto-switch data plans so customers don't have to pay more for more.

If you haven't received refunds you genuinely feel you're due... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Afraid you may keep getting charged for services you've canceled or devices you've returned... Cancel the credit card and have a new one issued. You can simply report it lost. BOOM! New card with new number same issuing institution. Now you don't have to have an aneurysm worrying about 'fraudulent' charges appearing on your credit card.

The service works off wifi hotspots (any you have access to, not JUST Xfinity) and Verizon towers. If you aren't near wifi hotspots, you're going to be using data. You will be charged for data! It's not a surprise. It's not shocking. It's clearly explained. You weren't lied to or misinformed, or mislead. Verizon towers because yeah, I get service where only Xfinity mobile and Verizon customers get service.

Super cheap mobile phone service. I have 4 phones, one of which is unlimited data (my daughter is NOT always around Wi-Fi) and it's about 90 bucks a month. I get service where I did not with Boost Mobile and T-Mobile for LESS money. I don't believe in Apple, so I'm not going to shell out thousands for a few iPhones. LG phones do the same job and more for less.

You have to sometimes get the right customer service rep. Just hang up and call again if the call starts going sideways. I've had to do that maybe 4 times in the 14 years as a Comcast customer. I mean that for 2 separate issues I ended up calling back a third time to get someone competent. Some calls are not as productive as they could be, and yet some were actually pleasant. Called when updating my own modem, to get a better price, twice for service issues, and a couple times regarding Xfinity mobile account details.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I am 68-year-old female. I have been used to TracFone for years. I switch to Xfinity mobile and because I don't really need to use the data when I'm out and about. I got a price of $9.99 a month for two years. The phone that came attached to that price is a LG stylus 4. Basically, I'm just paying for the phone for two years and after the two years the phone is mine and all the other services are free. I also have internet, cable, and landline with Comcast that is why after the two years my mobile phone services are free. I have had absolutely nothing but a great experience with Comcast and XFinity mobile in all departments. I am very happy about the price of $9.99. I don't need to use my data when I'm out so I turned my data off immediately when I got my phone and I don't use it. If I go to McDonald's or somewhere where they have Wi-Fi I connect to them but other than that I don't use it that is why my price is lower. I am a very happy customer. I love the phone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wow. I’m genuinely SHOCKED to see so many people here writing reviews critical of Xfinity Mobile when a careful reading of them almost ALWAYS makes one conclude that the issues they experienced were NOT the fault of Comcast Xfinity! Being a Comcast tv and internet customer, I walked into my nearest Xfinity Store 1 hour before store closing with my two iPhones that I just had unlocked by my then-current GSM cellular MVNO (AT&T network via another company). Within that one hour both phones’ numbers were ported over, the sim cards were fully activated and the phones properly registered into the network. The ports were accomplished so quickly largely because while I was there the Xfinity employee called the MVNO’s porting department to help speed it up.

Free and unlimited minutes and texting complete with Verizon’s visual and standard voicemail, MMS service, iMessaging, etc. And to date the service has been FLAWLESS - because it is in essence Verizon Wireless repackaged and rebranded, plain and simple. They even allow your phone to have other devices “tethered” to its “personal hotspot” at no additional charge - useful if say you have a tablet, as Xfinity does not yet offer data-only sim cards. I STRONGLY recommend Xfinity Mobile, especially for current Comcast customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This company is absolutely terrible! I cancelled the service a couple months ago and until now it's not cancelled. Furthermore I was still charged for $4.89. They said it's government taxes on the service I cancelled and won't reverse it no matter what. This is completely insane! I told them, "is it OK for a store to charge you sales tax for item you never bought." They kept saying it's government tax. I kept saying, "It's your company's fault for not cancelling on the date I cancelled even until now and won't stand up to your own fault?" ** you, I won't pay and I'll report this on every review site I can.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I joined Xfinity Mobile in Jan 2018. I financed 4 iPhones and started service. Seemed like a great deal at 12 dollars per gig or 45 dollars unlimited. The first problem was in the delivery of my husband's iPhone X which around this time went for about 1k; we preordered it because they weren't due in for another week. Fine, no problem. However, the day came and went and no phone arrived. I had to speak with 4 people at Xfinity Mobile c/s to be told by the last guy to just buy another iPhone x until the original one came. Then we could return it. This hardly seemed like a solution, so I escalated it to Xfinity corporate office. I received a call back pretty quickly from corporate with the news that they'd just send out a different phone. Better late than never, eh? Problem solved.

Fast forward a year. I've now successfully paid off 3 phones and have paid my bills. I go to get the new Galaxy S10+ because I've just had bad luck with breaking my iPhone and was tired of getting the screen replaced. Anyhow... I'm told they have to run my credit to finance the phone. I understand that credit has to be run to finance, of course. I was confused bc at this point they've already run my credit to get the original 4 phones PLUS I had great payment history.

The guy at the desk basically just shrugged when I asked why they had to run it again. "Ok fine run it" - not approved. Now my score is a little over 630 at this point so pretty low. I knew this but I was approved for phones before and didn't think it was a problem. Again I call corporate to see if there's anything they can do since we've been with Xfinity cable for years, and they fix it for me. Honestly, this wasn't really that big of a deal, I could have just fixed my iPhone again... but worth mentioning.

So I got the Galaxy. This phone is beautiful. I Loooove it. One problem... the service is much slower and intermittently my internet kicks out completely. I call Xfinity bc maybe there was an issue when switching over. 2 Weeks later after troubleshooting everything and still having the same problem, I'm told I can mail my phone in and they'll send a new one. Pretty inconvenient bc it'd be about 2 days without a phone bit doable. I didn't really need a new phone bc this one is new, but I need service.

I tell the rep I'll call back bc I had to go back to work (VERY long call times with multiple transfers). I call back about an hour later, and they tell me they can't send me a phone. There's nothing in notes about my conversation, and I'll just have to contact Samsung. Ok I'm pretty peeved but I do it. I had my phone completely reset by the tech. Nothing changes. There's nothing more the tech can do. I call Xfinity who tells me to use my insurance to get a new phone (160 dollar deductible). This phone is brand new at this point with no damage. I'm still using the Galaxy month's later. And still have 17 payments left. The service is still bad.

My daughter's phone was stolen and a police report was filed. We received another phone through their insurance that we pay for ($12/mo and $160 deductible). First of all, it's not a new phone. The insurance sends refurbished devices. But no big. We call to have her number switched to the new phone. We're told she might lose her number in the process because "once they deactivate it from the stolen phone, someone else might get it". This is honestly the worst part of this whole hellish experience with XM. Everything individually is annoying but my overall experience was dreadful. Not worth saving a few dollars!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We already had Comcast and got Xfinity mobile due to their telling us that the hot spots work well with our phones. Well they don't because here in Fairfield Verizon doesn't have many Towers so a lot of times I can't even make a phone call or my calls get dropped or I'm waiting for the spinning wheel for my Wi-Fi and also too when we got our phone for my husband he couldn't do messages and he called their support several times and they walked him through it and it still didn't work. He had to download an app for his text messages. Horrible horrible Wi-Fi. Their customer service people are in other countries and they don't know how to fix certain problems.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I unfortunately am dealing with a hypertension crisis due to elevated estrogen so I have been put on short term disability. It takes some time for the pay to kick in. So I was advised after 10 days I can only receive calls. No outgoing no text. I advised I have to call my nurse multiple times a day and my caregiver who works has to be able to keep in touch. The agent (who refused to give their name) responded with pay or risk dying. I have it all via text if anyone would like to see it. I will be posting it on social media as well. This is insane.

Original review: July 22, 2019

The ABSOLUTE worst customer service once they get you as a customer. I have been a customer for less than 2 weeks, bringing my own devices which were verified to be compatible (they were from Verizon). My phone works but there is a lot of lag time in the data. They can not get the cellular service on my Apple Watch and every department blames the other with no one being able to fix it. I have spent HOURS both in the store (multiple times) and on the phone, I get disconnected, I get told by one employee in the store that it's not their job to put the service on my watch and NO ONE can solve the issue. Sometimes the savings are not worth the time and aggravation.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information