3.6/5 (987 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Verified

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Webs...

Verified

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you do...

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
  • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
  • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
  • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
  • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Xfinity is by far the worst service, I kept have major billing issue, money being drafted not credit, then the will cut my service off for payment I made... Every time I called Customer service you got some out of country never [in the United States] who will say its fix and the next month guess what! I spent hours trying to fix issues that should've never kept happen. I finally paid off my phone and they refused to unlock it... Please think several times before wasting your time...

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

The service is great. It has not let me down at all. I always have enough bars to do what I want. I just don’t want automatic payment. I was surprised that manual payments show up as deferred payments.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

After upgrading my Samsung S8 cell phones to Samsung S22, we had to return to the Xfinity store in Estero for help a couple of times. We were having trouble with our visual voicemail, sending/receiving texts, unlocking old phones etc.. We appreciate the extra time and patience of Ray and Daniel in solving all our problems, which included a pain in the neck malware hidden in my apps. Thank you again! Lynn V.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I switched over to Xfinity mobile from Verizon and the customer service representatives that I spoke with were wonderful. Looking forward to a lower monthly payment and happy that I've switched over thus far!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I was on the phone with them and the rep. tells me he's going to give me a new phone if I switch over to them as a mobile provider and the cost for both bills mobile & wifi was going to be $45 a month. And I clearly remember asking him more than once, "Are you sure that price is right," because it sounded too good to be true. And he assured me it was correct, so I'm like sign me up. Send the phone, oh and no contract for the phone.

So billing comes around and it's not even close to what I was quoted. So I'm like done with talking to phone reps and go into the local store and explain what's going on. And he says he can request the phone recordings. (Side note here) what they don't tell you this new provider (them Xfinity) if you go over your data usage they charge you, myself I've never heard of such a thing. Usually the speeds get slower. So I tell this guy I switched to save money Per the $45 quote and I'm not saving anything, so here is your phone back I'll go elsewhere. And he's like, "Well it's been over 2 weeks. We can't take it back." And I tell him, "Well that's some **." They don't tell you that when they're baiting you into this phone.

It had been 3 weeks (when the bill came in). How would I know until I got the bill that there's an issue with all of this. So now I'm stuck with this phone that's locked because your service plans suck. And he tells me, "Well if you give us $250 we can unlock it." Smh, just get the the phone recording. This all started in Oct. Now it's mid Jan. I go in there and they give the number to their legal dept. to request the conversations, they tell me it could take up to 50 + day to get to my reqest. I'm pretty pissed with the run around. I just feel good customer service would just resolve this. I told them, "you all are misleading, don't tell the customer the full details, just unlock this phone. I'm dropping you all as a mobile provider and I'll keep the internet." SIMPLE fix but every manager is afraid to make an executive decision. DO NOT use Xfinity/Comcast for anything. Trust me on this one. Shop around, everyone has better plans and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I have had a nightmare experience when trying to switch carriers.. Going on day three of waiting for them to unlock my device (which was already paid off before this process began). Customer service agents will flat out lie to you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

First, I needed internet and the agent convinced me to switch to their mobile services as well. They said they would give me a gift card, which I never received. Then, when I moved, so I had to disconnect the internet. My mobile bill then increased to $75.00 per month for 1 single line. I never used cell data because I always connected to Wi-Fi. Long story short their customer service was poor. They said it’s higher because I have to have internet, which is silly. I was paying more for the mobile service than the package deal. When I called to transfer my cell number to another carrier, they could not find my account. They could never find my account and would ask "What service do you have". They transfer you from dept to dept, all asking the same redundant questions. The agents all sound scripted, and they could care less about customer retention. Please do not switch to this carrier. You will have the most frustrating experience.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Switched from ATT to Xfinity two days ago. Today my phone calls failed both incoming and outgoing. I get an SOS where the bars are supposed to be. After FOUR yes 4 hours on the phone and chat there has been ZERO I repeat NO help or support at all. Each time they transfer you to several different departments until one says You are in the Right Department and We are taking Care of this right now. ONLY for them to switch you over to the MAIN MENU. They send you in an endless loop no matter if you are on a Chat or on a Live Person. If you get 'lucky' to get a live person, They are literally train to speak in a courteous tone but will Not GIVE ANY Support. None. I feel it's a SCAM. The only reason I write I FEEL is because I probably can't legally make the statement that it is. PLEASE STAY AWAY from them is my Advice. I wish someone would have warned me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

We purchased our phone through Xfinity and had the plan for over 2 years. Now we have changed providers and I have called Customer service 8 times to ask that they unlock our phone. They say they will send us an unlock code in 24 to 48 hours. Two agents even promised to follow up. Still nothing from them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Never signed up for Xfinity Mobile but my bank account was debited two times within two days for two, yes two months service. After literally hours on the phone with customer service where I was transferred multiple times, disconnected multiple times, then assured my money would be refunded in full, it was only partially refunded. I am beyond furious with the endless automated process. Then once you finally get a live person on the line, they are totally incompetent to correct their mistake by returning my money and making sure it doesn’t happen again. I’m cutting the cord and will never be with Xfinity again. Customer service is absolutely the worst!!!

Xfinity Mobile Company Information