3.7/5 (985 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Webs...

Verified

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you do...

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
  • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
  • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
  • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
  • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Trying to reach customer service to inquire about data usage and how it is updated is a joke. After waiting on the phone for over an hour to reach a human agent I elected for the call-back feature which actually worked fine... I received a call in the promised 2 minutes. The horrible start to the experience begins with a ton of voices in the background talking over my conversation with an agent. The agent kept telling me that they don't control the billing, the data use updates etc. so they cannot help me. When asked who would know they suggested I call back to talk with a supervisor.... Yeah because I want to wait 1 hour + on hold again.

They said they couldn't guarantee that I would reach a supervisor and that they cannot transfer me to one because they are all on other lines. WHAT A JOKE. All this started because the Xfinity mobile app showed I was approaching data overage so I stopped using data. I wake up the next morning and magically my account has exceeded the next data level and I am being charged $15 more. TOTAL BS. I am not sure who to reach about this but it would be great to know when data use is updated so this doesn't happen again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

After upgrading my Samsung S8 cell phones to Samsung S22, we had to return to the Xfinity store in Estero for help a couple of times. We were having trouble with our visual voicemail, sending/receiving texts, unlocking old phones etc.. We appreciate the extra time and patience of Ray and Daniel in solving all our problems, which included a pain in the neck malware hidden in my apps. Thank you again! Lynn V.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Recently got a Xfinity cell phone. The caller ID is set for the previous owner of the number. When I asked to change it I was told there was no system in place to change the caller ID for a number. They could only change it to Cellular Caller. Most banks and credit card companies confirm your ID by what shows up on your caller ID. My phone shows that my name is Brandi **. I'm not even a girl. Home Depot refused to issue me a credit card because my caller ID said I was Brandi **. My credit rating is 785 and I owe nobody. But I can't get a credit card to buy products to repair my house. This is a real sham of a company with outdated technologies that can't even change a name on a ID. It might be cheap, but that's what you get. Cheap service as well. Steer Clear.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I had horrible experience with Xfinity Mobile when travel to Canada and Alaska: I took a cruise from Vancouver to Seward AK last month. Before the trip, I called and was told if I paid 5$ per day I should have free texting, calling in Canada. I flew to Vancouver, CA on the 8/21/22 the cruise departed on 8/22, and arrive Alaska border on the 23rd. When the cruise crossed the border to AK, I was text notified that I was in USA so no need to pay $5/day. I was using my phone in Alaska, I talked to Xf Moblile, they said it should be no charge, because my plan has unlimited data in the US, for calling and texting. I came home, It charged me $299.13 for the month instead of $100 as the month before. I came to the local branch.

After showing the attendant the bill and detail of the charge (they charged me $4/minute for calling in Anchorage and a bunch of other charges...) The attendant said he could remove $150 (without telling me why) but I had to pay the rest. I already canceled the Xf mobile plan and went back to T-mobile, where I had been using for a few years, I remember, when traveling to EU and S. America, I never had any problem. So with cheaper plan with X Mobile $100 for 3 lines and a lot of headaches.

Compared to T-moble $105 with 55+ plan (my original plan with Tm was $180 for 3 lines, that why I moved to Xfinity Mobile a few months ago.) Xf Mobile did not let me to remove my credit card from the autopay, even the attendant said he did remove the card, and autopay. I called my credit card, I was told that the only option is to contest the payment. (How low the Xf Mobile is... It tried very hard to rob customer, as much as it can) I will contest to my credit card for sure on the unjustified charge. The Xf Mobile is very, very, very bad business. So I would recommend reader to stay away if you plan to do any overseas travel. It would ruin your trip. (09/22/2022 - Hoang N, Denver Colorado)

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I ported my # from AT&T to Xfinity, I damaged my phone and decided to go into a store and quickly get a new one and this was in 2021. The sales rep chose to activate a different model phone cause the one I chose was out (according to the salesman). THE NERVE and to make matters worst he canceled my # and activated a new line. Til this day XFINITY continues to bill me for a product and service I DO NOT HAVE, the nerve. I’ve been transferred more times than I can count, lied to, hung up on, etc. Their customer service is very poor. No one has taken ownership nor resolved my issue til this day..

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I switched with Xfinity from T-Mobile, to save $35 about 2 months ago. And, I have not been happy with this service. I am returning to T-Mobile and happily pay the $35 due to the poor network mobile service. I love Comcast Xfinity home cable, internet & phone service. I have been with them for 20 years and love it. But this cellphone mobile service is horrible in my area Miami, Florida. I run a business & is losing my money to save $35.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Okay, so at 73 years old I'm not up to date on using a smart phone. With that out of the way I can get to the point. It's 4:30 p.m. and I have been trying to set up a pin for my voice mail since 8:00 this morning. I've come to realize there is no such thing as support for Xfinity Mobile at all. Three times today I've sat on hold for over an hour trying to get to support. When I would finally get through to a person they couldn't even speak an understandable English! After repeating myself over and over again trying to make him understand that I needed to know how to set my voicemail pin he finally got it and told me he couldn't help me but would transfer me to someone that could. So back on hold I went for another 45 minutes only to find out I was transferred to someone that wanted to sell me a phone.

You would think that a company as large as Comcast could afford a support desk! What an embarrassment this should be to a company that size! Oh, and about their automated support chat, my guess is that it was set up by the same people answering the phone because when I use it to try to find an answer I typed in 'How do I set up a voicemail pin for the first time?' The answer that came back was 'I've noticed problems with your TV. Shall I fix it now?' Tell me what my TV has to do with my voicemail.

Like I said, I might as well have asked a 4 year old! I think I would 1. have someone that listened better and 2. I may actually get a correct answer. My money is on the 4 year old! So for anyone in my age group that has never used a smart phone before, don't even consider Xfinity mobile. Look elsewhere to ANY provider than them!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Every month Xfinity emails me and says I'm over my gigabit or about to be over my giga byte usage. Every month I call them to correct the problem and they agree that I used zero data, because I turned everything off on my phone except for the cell phone and text. This has been going on for months, my high blood pressure keeps going up every month I have to correct them. The last time I called them the man said he would make sure this problem would be resolved and I would not receive those emails anymore. It didn't work, not only did I receive the email but this time they charged me the extra $15.00 to bump me up to the next level of data. Today I spoke to four people there who kept transferring me to who I asked for the supervisor, instead they put me back in queue for over 40 minute each time four times today.

This crooked company needs to be stopped from ripping off customers, I can not be the only customer they are doing this to. So $15.00 per person times god knows how many people adds up to a lot of money. This is not the only place I will be telling my story, I am contacting congress people, senators, FCC Rosa Delauro, Richard Blumenthal, Consumer protection, Biden and anyone else I can think of. This is a very corrupt business. I will never do any kind of business with them again. You need to help me with this, not only for the sake of me but for the sake of everyone else.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Customer service is terrible. They are new to the mobile business and no one knows what they are doing. There are hold times of over an hour, and problems still not corrected. They cannot port over numbers from your previous carrier correctly. I would give them negative stars if the option existed. They will transfer from one bad agent to another bad agent. Difficult to reach them. I am currently holding for an agent now. My call timer is going on 3 hours! Stay with your carrier! Their cheap prices will only give you a headache!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I canceled account before even activating. They kept calling me to activate the account and I kept talking to them and each time someone told me the account is now cancelled. A month later I get a notice that they are about to bill my credit card.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information