3.6/5 (694 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Webs...

Verified

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you do...

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
  • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
  • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
  • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
  • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is been cost-saving! I don't use a lot of data but do use data. Under 1G/month my fees are $15/month. I get wifi wherever we travel and haven't had any problems. We use it a lot for GPS on the road too, staying in contact with family wherever we go.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Here’s the real deal. Xfinity Mobile provides excellent service with few dropped calls. Their charges are significantly less than all know competitors - Bar none. And, individuals or family can customize the amount of gigs to fit their needs. Best of all, Xfinity has hot spots throughout the greater Seattle area, which aids in reducing service cost. Lastly, their customer service is excellence and display professionalism when handling questions or customer concerns. I recommend Xfinity Mobile cellphone service without reservations..

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The monthly bill for service is under $100 for 2 phones and hotspots are everywhere. Also use Verizon platform. Phones are affordable with payment plans. Works good in rural areas of GA. Making payments and viewing usage is helpful.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I enjoy being able to talk anywhere all the time. The customer service agents are very nice as well. They are knowledgeable. Free phone is pretty decent as well. Streaming service is awesome!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I bought an iPhone and a new sim card in the Xfinity store on 01/20/2022 and 24 hours after I have not been able to use the phone yet. I have spent my money, wasting my time and nothing yet. I have been over the phone with the Xfinity agents from 7 am up to now. Nobody has been able to solve the problem. They transfer me from one department to another and nothing works. I have explained the same more than 6 times because they do not say anything about when they put me with a new department. Also, they have in store an advertisement saying 2 lines 30$ each, it is not true either. You will pay 40$ each instead.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I am beyond frustrated. If you decide to leave Xfinity for any reason be sure to get the total amount you owe upfront. They will continue to send you bills (even 3 months after your account is closed) and then send you emails stating your payment failed. The problem is, a) you have no clue what the amount is for and b) you have no way of paying it until it goes to collections because their support numbers and chat bots want an ACTIVE account number or phone number that is still Xfinity active before connecting you to a customer service rep. My account number and phone numbers are no longer active. Hasn't been for 3 months! I already had to wait for one bill to go to collections so I could pay for it last month, now I have to do the same for this bill? What are these charges and why am I being charged 3 months later?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Have had the service for almost a year. Coverage in the Boston, MA area is good. Price is quite reasonable. HOWEVER they have had my Caller ID listed for the entire time with the wrong name and have not managed to correct it. They use the Verizon network and always explain that they are contacting Verizon but for anyone who receives a call from me I am still a real estate company. Beyond frustrating. A total fail.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Well, where do I begin, because I’m fuming right now. Well it pretty much has to do with their stupid autopay that can’t be changed or can’t be declined. I had pay arrangements of $80 to come out once a month for 4 months to get me caught up as I was still unemployed from losing a business due to the pandemic, however I’m driving Uber for income. Well I tried to explain to them that I needed to get off autopay because my pay schedule is not always the same every month, in which I was told no I couldn’t. So the next day, my first payment for arrangement was due to come out which I had the money to cover it. Well good ole Xfinity mobile tried to take out $190 from my account before the first payment on my arrangement needed to come out, which I was charged a $35 fee, which left me not enough to pay the $80 payment.

So, I call customer service (if you can call it that) and explained my situation, and was ridiculed by an agent, I asked to speak with a supervisor, in which he proceeded to tell me, maybe I should manage my money better. I was dumbfounded and questioned it then he got rude and hung up. Which I think their customer service is in India or somewhere besides the USA. So I call back and ask for a different department that’s above the first one, I get a nice polite lady on the phone and explained my situation and issues with the autopay and the previous reps. She said she would have a supervisor in her dept call. The supervisor Melvin called me and left a message, so I tried to call him back and got his vm. They tried again to take out that big payment before the little payment of $80 needed to be paid, then it cost me another fee and payment not getting paid.

I tried again to contact that supervisor, so in the meantime, the pay plan I had was cancelled and before I could speak with someone, they had deactivated my account, all within about 2 hours. So, now I have no phone service, and the only way I could converse was through chat which took a total of about 2 1/2 hours, with no resolution. So I have an iPhone that is mine that I paid off through xfinity, no money owed, so I thought we’ll I’ll go to another carrier that’s cheap. I went to Cricket signed up for the plan, went to insert my SIM card and was told that it’s locked. So I call xfinity from the Cricket store and speak with another gentleman of Indian descent, explaining my situation and was told I couldn’t be helped because I’m not a customer, this is after being on hold for 45 min and explaining my situation. He finally found me and said that I owe them 1896.67, and I said that’s the wrong amount, he got rude and hung up on me.

I called back, spoke with someone else the same process and told him all I want is for them to unlock my iPhone. He took all the phone info and said he would submit the for, and I will receive an email in 24 to 48 hours stating my phones unlocked. Well yesterday I received an email that said my phone couldn’t be unlocked to my acct not in good standing and not having an active account. Now, I’m pissed and fed up. I call from a friend's phone, and reach a lady who kept saying she understood, and blah blah blah off of a script, I was on hold with her for 45 min so she could speak with another team. She gets back on the phone and said she will transfer me to the other team. I wait for another 10-15 minutes, and a lady answers the phone from credit and collection services. I asked if this was xfinity mobile and she said no, I’m with credit and collection services. I hung up and I’m livid, which is the reason for this review.

XFINITY MOBILE is such a horrible company and I plan on suing them for what they have done. I drive Uber and make good money because it’s busy. Well since I don’t have a phone, can’t get my phone unlocked which I own, paid for a new carriers Service, but can’t buy one of their phones due to no funds, XFINITY MOBILE, through all their incompetence has cost me around $4500 to $5000, with the time wasted on the phone, bank fees, new carrier charge, and money I would have made driving Uber. Also since my acct is deactivated, my number if had for 20 plus years is now gone.

It’s Wednesday night, still no phone, no money to purchase a phone that works with the Uber app, and another day of no income! Someone needs to be held accountable, for their complete incompetence, and failure to understand, and make it right. I’ve been in touch with an attorney, and I can sue for intrusion and theft, as well as money owed and any other damages, like mental anguish and stress. Whoever is reading this long review, which I’m sorry it’s so long, please, please, look at the commonality of the reviews, and take your business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I was told we could bring our phones in 5 family plan but my kids no. I also let them know I was a referral. I have a factory direct unlocked phone from Samsung. They told me would work to get to switch companies but I had to wait for sim cards, the original sales rep Evelyn who helped me I have screenshots of conversation because of the referral thing with my dad said that the tech who we paid to professional install our new wifi that I do love said that he would help complete activation and switch for my husband and my phone.

The service tech showed and said he does not do those things. He is strictly for wifi and he hates when they promise things like that when they know he isn't equipped to do so. I instantly got on the phone to see what was going on and why she lied to us. Confidently Xfinity Mobile prides itself of its customer service yet does not document or keep track or any chat sales, complaints or even when you call in and here, "I'm sorry. I will note your account." Do they and you get the run around.

To make a long story short our phones are not compatible even though Samsung says they are, what a person did on Xfinity side to activate get us to call in to activate is they sent us a sim card and when I called to activate my husband's phone THEIR rep assigned our phones to a IMEI phone # that didn't belong to our phone but a phone in their system that was compatible with their services to convince it would work. She activated it but it didn't work so as I'm sitting on the phone on my line. She asked me for the IMEI and I told them just as I did when we placed the order. As an average person just can't make up an IMEI # to match the phones. We have to be good in the system.

When I told her she said, "Sorry mam, your phones are NOT compatible." I said they, "Why did your sales lady say they were because I have been with my phone carrier for 10 years. I was actually fine there but you promised superior quality for a little more and I was willing to try if our new phones were compatible." She asked where did I get the IMEI from. I told her the person's name who assisted us which I also have proof of. Once she said I would have to buy new phones I said, "NO. You were not honest. I DO not want to continue, nor do I want any other lines activated."

Meanwhile the phone number of my husband's that they imported from our carrier and assigned to God knows what phone had my husband's number. I asked for a supervisor. Was transferred to another agent. I spent a total of 19 HOURS on the phone with call logs still in my phone every step of the way begging them to do what's right, I didn't consent to even activate other phones they sent the kids but she did anyway which by the way we never turned on, took out of the box nor inserted a sim card in. She said, "Well mam in order to cancel the account I have to activate phones." Can you please get text off the new line I sent as I couldn't get it off my husband's with the fake IMEI they assigned it. (I have screenshots of the account and fake numbers as well!)

I refused to do so, she promised because of all the deceit from previous reps and hours I had spent. She then sent me an email with a return shipping label for the phones she activated without our consent and we sent them back the next day requiring proof they received them and paid extra. Meanwhile she said, "You won't be billed. I'm so sorry for what has been done. As a courtesy I will issue you a $70 credit." I also have this email. Yet I never received it.

I received an email about 5 days later saying they had received phone which I already knew from Fed Ex. They said they had to examine the phones we had NEVER opened and would let us know. About 4 days later they said they weren't gonna charge us anything. Then about a week later I received a bill charging us for the mobile services and the phones we never used! I immediately called and I won't lie. I'm not happy and pleasant by this point. They also by this point had played many games with me, despite me asking for a manager or a corporate number. I was always denied this. They refused to give me any proper information and would constantly keep transferring me to other reps as I would start losing my temper especially when I was told how sorry they were and how they took good notes on the account to insure that we would be taken good care of from now on.

I spent another 2 hours on the phone on Christmas eve to be hung up on -' their end. They sent me an email that they would return a call around 8:45pm. I also have this and NEVER DID. I had hoped that perhaps he was reading all the wonderful notes and would fix the account and call me back to say all is well. That NEVER happened. I had originally signed up for automatic bill pay to save money when I thought we would switch. So I received another email about week later they were gonna take payment on.... and I had to cancel my debit card because their web site wouldn't let me delete our saved information.

I tried to log on to be connected with yet another rep wasting more of my time and seen they had removed my name, my husband's number and just kept the 2 phones we already returned active. I got connected on a call again to complain and I asked them, "How, Why? Where are the notes?" I literally had to break down the billing they sent me to show them they are sooo wrong and need to fix it. I showed them where they received the phones back. I asked him why my information disappeared? I asked him where the fraudulent IMEI numbers went they assigned our phone. I also told them with that little stunt our carrier charged us to reactivate his phone and it changed our phone plan.

He put me on hold, said he had to get a higher level to assist, what was my reason for wanting to cancel? I said, "Are you kidding me?" I was on the phone another 3.5 hrs but about 2 hrs in he reactivated the phones that we sent back saying that he had to in order to cancel them. I'm really hoping as he promised the bill has been taken care of and that I will no longer hear from them again. That everything is canceled once and for all.

I really can't believe how disgusting, dishonest and misleading they were. How they treated me and stressed me out. I'm sure what they did is illegal and everyone be cautious. I think if you are going to do business with them at all it's best to initiate from in store contact. We initially went into a store but they were busy and unable to offer online deals. So she suggested I go online.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

["I have to use my wifi at home while I'm browsing my phone's internet because of the bad reception in the area. Even when I'm in public places it's horrible. My caller id name is inaccurate and in no way should show up as Convergent Technology, that's a security company's name. I went to have it corrected at a nearby Xfinity location and the employee couldn't even fix the error. Singing... "I always feel like somebody's watching me..."]

Xfinity Mobile Company Information