1.15/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Xfinity Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a new customer with Xfinity and decided after years of having 5 mobile lines with AT&T, and dealing with the really bad coverage, to change phone companies. Since I just ordered Xfinity home service I decided to order a phone through Xfinity. I placed an order and went through the verification emails supplying the documents requested. The next day I received an email stating my order had been canceled. I called and spoke to 2 different people trying to find out why the order had been canceled. I was told that I had not answered the phone when the fraud dept tried calling, which was a lie because my phone is attached to my hip and I sleep with it beside my bed. Having 3 businesses I have learned to be readily available by phone.

I waited for my money to be returned and decided to give Xfinity another chance. Before I placed the order I made sure that the correct contact phone numbers were on the account. After placing the second order and sending over the documents needed to verify me again, I waited for the confirmation email about the phone order. The next day I received the same cancellation email that I had received the week before. At this time I am furious and about to cancel my entire home service with Xfinity. I call once more and end up getting transferred to Robert **. I explained the situation as calmly as I could. Robert listened patiently, doesn't interrupt and tries his best to find the solution. He then calls the fraud dept and is lucky to speak to the rep that canceled the order.

I relocated part time from NYC to Washington DC. My driver's license is from NY State. This was the reason the order was canceled. He apprised the rep of the situation and I was able to put through another order with her looking for it to approve. I understand the scale to which Comcast has grown, but to have to speak to 6 reps of the company and two orders being canceled, for one man to take it upon himself to solve an issue brings me back to the term; Great Customer Service. Have companies forgotten that part of Customer Service is the Service end of it. No matter what happens to the order Robert ** has shown exactly what this company needs to get back to. If enough customers leave, market share and profit will go down and investors on Wall Street don't like seeing margins go down.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The high speed Internet with Xfinity is great, but the highest level one is also very expensive. I just feel that Internet service should not be so extremely high! It’s bad enough cable is so high. It’s no wonder everyone I know is switching to other means of watching their favorite shows and movies. Xfinity’s customer service is excellent though, so that makes having their high speed Internet worth it to us.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 5, 2019

I've read through many of these reviews and many of the complaints would have been avoided had people read the information Xfinity readily provides online. $35 restocking fee. Cannot change billing date; it's bound to billing cycle... Why? Because it's a monthly data plan... not a 31-day plan then change it to 45 'cause you need 15 more days to make a payment, then switch it again to 20... You're billed $12/GB per month, you can't change the cycle to cheat the system. Rep claims the phone is the cause of dropped calls, poor wi-fi. Customer swears it's not the phone. He knows it's not the phone... very next paragraph complains how much he was charged due to A BROKEN/CRACKED screen! So yeah, it most likely WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE ISSUES!

You were told it ships in 2 days and you check <48 hours later for an e-mail and flip the hell out because there isn't one in your inbox. 2 days doesn't mean exactly 48 hours after you place the order. Also, e-mail delivery can be relatively slow, it's not high priority network traffic. Buy a couple phones on Black Friday and throw a fit because activation is a little while longer than the 45 minute estimated AVERAGE activation duration. IT'S A BUSY AS HELL SHOPPING DAY, EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

$45 is the unlimited plan. You have to choose the unlimited plan. Nowhere does it state if you use 45 bucks worth of data you automatically switch to the unlimited plan and therefore will never be charged more than $45/month. Yeah, that would be nice, but Xfinity is a business, and if they want to charge for more, they sure as hell have that right. You take responsibility and you change to unlimited if you are going to use more than 4GB of data. The phone shows you how MUCH DATA YOU'RE USING. Xfinity has no obligation to auto-switch data plans so customers don't have to pay more for more.

If you haven't received refunds you genuinely feel you're due... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Afraid you may keep getting charged for services you've canceled or devices you've returned... Cancel the credit card and have a new one issued. You can simply report it lost. BOOM! New card with new number same issuing institution. Now you don't have to have an aneurysm worrying about 'fraudulent' charges appearing on your credit card.

The service works off wifi hotspots (any you have access to, not JUST Xfinity) and Verizon towers. If you aren't near wifi hotspots, you're going to be using data. You will be charged for data! It's not a surprise. It's not shocking. It's clearly explained. You weren't lied to or misinformed, or mislead. Verizon towers because yeah, I get service where only Xfinity mobile and Verizon customers get service.

Super cheap mobile phone service. I have 4 phones, one of which is unlimited data (my daughter is NOT always around Wi-Fi) and it's about 90 bucks a month. I get service where I did not with Boost Mobile and T-Mobile for LESS money. I don't believe in Apple, so I'm not going to shell out thousands for a few iPhones. LG phones do the same job and more for less.

You have to sometimes get the right customer service rep. Just hang up and call again if the call starts going sideways. I've had to do that maybe 4 times in the 14 years as a Comcast customer. I mean that for 2 separate issues I ended up calling back a third time to get someone competent. Some calls are not as productive as they could be, and yet some were actually pleasant. Called when updating my own modem, to get a better price, twice for service issues, and a couple times regarding Xfinity mobile account details.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I am 68-year-old female. I have been used to TracFone for years. I switch to Xfinity mobile and because I don't really need to use the data when I'm out and about. I got a price of $9.99 a month for two years. The phone that came attached to that price is a LG stylus 4. Basically, I'm just paying for the phone for two years and after the two years the phone is mine and all the other services are free. I also have internet, cable, and landline with Comcast that is why after the two years my mobile phone services are free. I have had absolutely nothing but a great experience with Comcast and XFinity mobile in all departments. I am very happy about the price of $9.99. I don't need to use my data when I'm out so I turned my data off immediately when I got my phone and I don't use it. If I go to McDonald's or somewhere where they have Wi-Fi I connect to them but other than that I don't use it that is why my price is lower. I am a very happy customer. I love the phone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Wow. I’m genuinely SHOCKED to see so many people here writing reviews critical of Xfinity Mobile when a careful reading of them almost ALWAYS makes one conclude that the issues they experienced were NOT the fault of Comcast Xfinity! Being a Comcast tv and internet customer, I walked into my nearest Xfinity Store 1 hour before store closing with my two iPhones that I just had unlocked by my then-current GSM cellular MVNO (AT&T network via another company). Within that one hour both phones’ numbers were ported over, the sim cards were fully activated and the phones properly registered into the network. The ports were accomplished so quickly largely because while I was there the Xfinity employee called the MVNO’s porting department to help speed it up.

Free and unlimited minutes and texting complete with Verizon’s visual and standard voicemail, MMS service, iMessaging, etc. And to date the service has been FLAWLESS - because it is in essence Verizon Wireless repackaged and rebranded, plain and simple. They even allow your phone to have other devices “tethered” to its “personal hotspot” at no additional charge - useful if say you have a tablet, as Xfinity does not yet offer data-only sim cards. I STRONGLY recommend Xfinity Mobile, especially for current Comcast customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I recently got divorced so I wanted to move my cell phone number to my own account. I set up Xfinity cable and internet and wanted to port my number over. Unfortunately my phone was already on an Xfinity account. I say unfortunately because they refused to let me move my number from one account to another.

They suggested that I port my number to a new service provider AND THEN SWITCH BACK TO XFINITY. Nope, not doing it. I am now a happy Verizon customer and I cut the cord and cancelled my XFINITY cable account. They are really stupid.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I tried to port out a number for last 3 days. Spent each day at least 3 hours on phone and no use. Today the CS rep disconnect the phone after 3.5 hrs without saying anything. No one know what to do, simply will put you in hold and after some time transfer to someone else, there you have to explain the whole thing again. No record of the previous day conversation even after giving the case number and all. They said my number is not active, but I can receive and make calls and the network is showing as Xfinity. So never try to move to xfinity. You will suffer a lot after that. Total useless management and now I know why people are always complaining. I am planning to change my all numbers and the internet from them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I would strongly advise that you never sign up with Xfinity Mobile. Their sales staff lied to me in order to make a sale and now corporate has no desire to correct their error. They should be embarrassed at how they've treated a paying customer. I've even tried to escalate within corporate and receive the response "It is not their problem." I wholeheartedly do not recommend them as a service provider.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was told that if I switched my cell phone to Xfinity Mobile there was no charge for data if there was no usage. I turned cellular data off on my phone before installing the Xfinity sim card so that there would be 0 data usage. A week later I logged into my account to find that I had been charged for data. After an hour + on the phone and chat I find out that there is a minimum charge for data where you use it or not. The representative said only people that signed up before Aug had up to 100mb free. Obviously their sales team was not informed and I was misled. The phone I transferred is my elderly mother's phone which never leaves the house and it is connected to Xfinity internet so she has no need for data. Beware of what you are being told about Xfinity data and pricing....

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I switched from TMobile to Xfinity Mobile in November hoping to get better phone service. TMobile's coverage area is not strong where I live. Every Saturday for the past 5 weeks the phone goes to searching for signal. No one at Xfinity seems to be able to discover the issue. I will leave XFinity very soon. I would like to go back to TMobile but due to coverage issues will pay more to go to Verizon or ATT. Xfinity Mobile is unreliable and a bad deal at any price. Stay away.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information