Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

A couple of weeks ago there were two phone accounts opened in my name. I immediately contacted Xfinity Mobile and spoke to a rep in the fraud department. I was told the phones would be shut off. They were reactivated 2 weeks later. I contacted Xfinity Mobile and told the rep what was going on and demanded these lines are shut off permanently. He was unable to access my account because the card they have on file is not the one I use... even though that is the only account I pay my Xfinity internet with.

I have verified all of my information except for the card they have on fil, which I have no idea what card that is or who it belongs to and they cannot access my account to get this fixed. It baffles me that it is so easy for someone to open accounts in my name and purchase two phones, but Xfinity Mobile can't access my account to get this resolved. 6 years ago I had a similar situation with Verizon where someone purchased a phone and opened a line in my name and Verizon had it resolved in less than 30 minutes. DO NOT GO WITH XFINITY MOBILE. They are a joke and should be ashamed of how they treat their customers. It's clear to me that the privacy and security of their customers is of no consequence to them.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Well, until they fix the ability to send photos via MMS while on wifi, this service doesn't even deserve one star. Starting in mid-January, my wife has been unable to send photos via MMS while connected to wifi. When talking to customer service, their answer is "you can't send photos via MMS while connected to wifi and most use your cellular data". This answer is BS since my phone, using the same service has no problems sending photos via MMS while connected to wifi.

Turns out - folks with Android 9.0 (like my wife) or later or the newer Iphones have this issue and ONLY with Xfinity Mobile. Change providers and this issue vanishes. This looks like nothing more than a scam to force Xfinity mobile subscribers to use data in efforts to force them to buy bigger plans. Considering the customer service lady specifically mentioned my wife considering an unlimited plan, even though she used .04 GB of her 1 GB plan. I'd stay away from this until they prove it's not some scam by actually fixing it.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I switched from AT&T two days ago and the coverage has been absolutely horrible. I can't make a call or receive one in my own home. I literally have to go outside for a call to connect or anyone to hear me. I have called tech support several times on the issue with no help and the person I spoke with today, when I told him the coverage is terrible, he said, "Yes it is." I said, "Do you have a booster for my home?" He said no. I asked what can they do about it. He said switch back to AT&T. Do NOT GET XFINITY MOBILE!

Original review: March 19, 2020

I want to say that my experience with Xfinity has not been good. I had all 3 at one point but couldn’t afford it anymore because the prices kept changing. So I didn’t have any service anymore just Cell phone through Xfinity Mobile and this experience has been a nightmare. I can’t even check my account without calling into the company because they said the service I had was the core of the service which didn’t make sense to me. Yet every month they are taking money out my account for the mobile service that I don’t have Access to look at only call in. So it’s so frustrating. Then Someone must have had this number for a while and they had her name on my account and people are calling for her.

Just a whole mess so I wanted to know was my information compromised because at one point when I called They didn’t have any information on me. I was confused but yet the company take money out every month. They need to keep the bill the same and not be high and or give credit for being a loyal customer something but I’m glad to say my phone is almost paid for. Thank you and I don’t know if I'ma stay with them.

Original review: March 14, 2020

At the start of every month, it show 0.11 GB already used. I tried calling customer service, and they could not explain. It makes me wonder, where else they are fudging? Don't get fooled by the low prices, your bill will end up same or more than other carriers, and with worse service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Comcast costs too much money for the crappy service they provide! They continue to give excuses why their Internet keeps going down and they always have a problem finding my account and phone number so I switched to a different carrier.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

In early February I went in the Ashburn store to attempt to add a new line to my account and to take advantage of the $300 offering off the phone for the Pixel 4. The person I was working with went through the whole process and then proceeded to tell me I would have to pay the full amount for the phone and if I did that I would not receive the discount of $300. Mind you I have been a customer since 2017. Never missed a payment or been late. I also have cable through this company and guess what...I never missed a payment or even been late.

So I left the store and call a rep and that told me I was over my credit and need to call someone to figure out why. I offered to pay off my current I-phone and was told that I wouldn't be able to finance the new one even if I did that. Mind you my credit is at or almost at an 800. I cannot get anyone to tell me why and therefore it appears they simply do not want to give customers the advertised discount. I was a perfectly happy customer until this and now I am considering leaving to another carrier. T-Mobile might be getting a return customer. I left them to try xfinity and while I was happy for long time it simply isn't working for me anymore.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I can tell you that the rebate process is absolutely horrible and the lack or should I say the willingness of support to help you resolve the issue they created is non-existent. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. We signed up under the Samsung and Apple promotion where you get $250 per device. We got 2 and should have gotten a total of $500 in rebates. We were just told we are not eligible because they are new numbers. Which they are not, we have had these numbers with Verizon for over 6 years. We ported over then and chose 2 phones, about 10 days later decided to come in and exchange for better phones.

During the process of the exchange the girl screwed up our transaction and disconnected our lines. They needed to contact the porting team to retrieve our numbers from the general pool because of what she did. They retrieved the numbers after hours of sitting in the store. Was told we were still eligible for the rebates because we ported from Verizon. Fast forward to today, I was told we are not eligible and will not be getting the rebates because they are new number!!!! They look like to new numbers because your salesperson screwed up and disconnected our lines when exchanging. I would like to know why we are being screwed over because of their mistake. NEVER AGAIN!!!! You have lost a customer for good!!! I will also make sure that everyone I know, knows about this. I knew I should have stayed with Verizon.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Xfinity Mobile is a bunch of crooks! Had to switch network because I keep getting fluctuating bills. Even had to stop them from trying to pull money from my account. I’m now going to return xfinity security system, cancel tv and Internet. Set of thieves must be avoided!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Updated on 02/14/2020: REVIEW UPDATE 1/30/2020. The calvary continues. After 2 hours spent at another Xfinity Mobile store trying to exchange the defective phone, after verifying for themselves that this phone is defective, they refused to exchange it claiming their system did not allow it. At the end of the 2 hours, the manager told me he would request to send a replacement phone (strangely enough nobody mentioned anything about a 35$ restocking fee which I had described in my previous review). After that I waited 3 days, I requested a chat with xfinity mobile and a customer service representative told me they would send me an email in 24 hours with a shipping confirmation they would send me a replacement phone.

After over 24 hours without email, I called customer service and a customer service representative told me they needed me to "upgrade" to get the same phone paying another 200$ minus a credit of 50$! After I refused they told me they would process a return and send me a email with a FedEx shipping label. After hours without any email I called back and they told me they could not process a return without me taking the phone to a Samsung store (keep in mind the phone is an LG) to have somebody "verify" is defective. I told them the xfinity mobile store already verified the phone is defective and I would not go to any other store. I was put on hold for several minutes and finally after they requested me to turn on the phone and I told them it will not come on, they accepted to process a return.

REVIEW UPDATE 2/13/2020. Regrettably, this is not the end. After few weeks I received an email stating: "Welcome to the Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan" from Customer_Care@em.assurant.com, which I never requested. I immediately started a chat with customer service to discover I had been charged 5.65$. I had it cancelled and received an email stating I will get a refund. Maybe this is the end of my long term suffering dealing with this company's customer service. I just hope I will not have any issue that requires me to deal with customer assistance again or that they will change their system to provide a decent "human" customer service.

Original Review: Xfinity mobile has provided me terrible customer service. I bought a new phone at the xfinity mobile store which never powered up properly and kept resetting itself. When I bought the phone they told me I could return it within 2 weeks from purchase if I had any issues with it. Since the phone is not functional, I tried to go to back to the store to exchange it and also called customer service and they will charge me a 35$ restocking fee anyway. However the fact the phone is defective is not my fault!!! Stay away from Xfinity mobile!

Xfinity Mobile Company Information