Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a new customer with Xfinity and decided after years of having 5 mobile lines with AT&T, and dealing with the really bad coverage, to change phone companies. Since I just ordered Xfinity home service I decided to order a phone through Xfinity. I placed an order and went through the verification emails supplying the documents requested. The next day I received an email stating my order had been canceled. I called and spoke to 2 different people trying to find out why the order had been canceled. I was told that I had not answered the phone when the fraud dept tried calling, which was a lie because my phone is attached to my hip and I sleep with it beside my bed. Having 3 businesses I have learned to be readily available by phone.

I waited for my money to be returned and decided to give Xfinity another chance. Before I placed the order I made sure that the correct contact phone numbers were on the account. After placing the second order and sending over the documents needed to verify me again, I waited for the confirmation email about the phone order. The next day I received the same cancellation email that I had received the week before. At this time I am furious and about to cancel my entire home service with Xfinity. I call once more and end up getting transferred to Robert **. I explained the situation as calmly as I could. Robert listened patiently, doesn't interrupt and tries his best to find the solution. He then calls the fraud dept and is lucky to speak to the rep that canceled the order.

I relocated part time from NYC to Washington DC. My driver's license is from NY State. This was the reason the order was canceled. He apprised the rep of the situation and I was able to put through another order with her looking for it to approve. I understand the scale to which Comcast has grown, but to have to speak to 6 reps of the company and two orders being canceled, for one man to take it upon himself to solve an issue brings me back to the term; Great Customer Service. Have companies forgotten that part of Customer Service is the Service end of it. No matter what happens to the order Robert ** has shown exactly what this company needs to get back to. If enough customers leave, market share and profit will go down and investors on Wall Street don't like seeing margins go down.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The high speed Internet with Xfinity is great, but the highest level one is also very expensive. I just feel that Internet service should not be so extremely high! It’s bad enough cable is so high. It’s no wonder everyone I know is switching to other means of watching their favorite shows and movies. Xfinity’s customer service is excellent though, so that makes having their high speed Internet worth it to us.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've read through many of these reviews and many of the complaints would have been avoided had people read the information Xfinity readily provides online. $35 restocking fee. Cannot change billing date; it's bound to billing cycle... Why? Because it's a monthly data plan... not a 31-day plan then change it to 45 'cause you need 15 more days to make a payment, then switch it again to 20... You're billed $12/GB per month, you can't change the cycle to cheat the system. Rep claims the phone is the cause of dropped calls, poor wi-fi. Customer swears it's not the phone. He knows it's not the phone... very next paragraph complains how much he was charged due to A BROKEN/CRACKED screen! So yeah, it most likely WAS THE PHONE CAUSING THE ISSUES!

You were told it ships in 2 days and you check <48 hours later for an e-mail and flip the hell out because there isn't one in your inbox. 2 days doesn't mean exactly 48 hours after you place the order. Also, e-mail delivery can be relatively slow, it's not high priority network traffic. Buy a couple phones on Black Friday and throw a fit because activation is a little while longer than the 45 minute estimated AVERAGE activation duration. IT'S A BUSY AS HELL SHOPPING DAY, EVERYTHING IS SLOW.

$45 is the unlimited plan. You have to choose the unlimited plan. Nowhere does it state if you use 45 bucks worth of data you automatically switch to the unlimited plan and therefore will never be charged more than $45/month. Yeah, that would be nice, but Xfinity is a business, and if they want to charge for more, they sure as hell have that right. You take responsibility and you change to unlimited if you are going to use more than 4GB of data. The phone shows you how MUCH DATA YOU'RE USING. Xfinity has no obligation to auto-switch data plans so customers don't have to pay more for more.

If you haven't received refunds you genuinely feel you're due... CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY! Afraid you may keep getting charged for services you've canceled or devices you've returned... Cancel the credit card and have a new one issued. You can simply report it lost. BOOM! New card with new number same issuing institution. Now you don't have to have an aneurysm worrying about 'fraudulent' charges appearing on your credit card.

The service works off wifi hotspots (any you have access to, not JUST Xfinity) and Verizon towers. If you aren't near wifi hotspots, you're going to be using data. You will be charged for data! It's not a surprise. It's not shocking. It's clearly explained. You weren't lied to or misinformed, or mislead. Verizon towers because yeah, I get service where only Xfinity mobile and Verizon customers get service.

Super cheap mobile phone service. I have 4 phones, one of which is unlimited data (my daughter is NOT always around Wi-Fi) and it's about 90 bucks a month. I get service where I did not with Boost Mobile and T-Mobile for LESS money. I don't believe in Apple, so I'm not going to shell out thousands for a few iPhones. LG phones do the same job and more for less.

You have to sometimes get the right customer service rep. Just hang up and call again if the call starts going sideways. I've had to do that maybe 4 times in the 14 years as a Comcast customer. I mean that for 2 separate issues I ended up calling back a third time to get someone competent. Some calls are not as productive as they could be, and yet some were actually pleasant. Called when updating my own modem, to get a better price, twice for service issues, and a couple times regarding Xfinity mobile account details.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I’ve called 20 times to have a paid off phone unlocked and cancelled and they refuse to do it. All the time. Waste of money. Waste of time. Stay away. I have been a good paying customer for years and get treated like garbage.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We cancelled our service December 27, 2019 after 4 month due to poor cell service. Husband went in to Lafayette store before Christmas to pay on devices and they couldn’t even find us in system. We both went in to pay off devices few days after Christmas and they again couldn’t find us in their system. I said look me up some other way other than phone # on acct. Finally they got it. I said I wanted to pay off all devices. They said they are paid In full. I stated they are not paid in full and I stated that it was saying the same thing online for me too hence why I drove 40 to get this taken care of and nothing. They could not do anything. Call into customer service 3 times since that day and still can’t get them to take payment. Today went to Kokomo store and same thing.

We as then told we now can’t pay off devices until 2nd week in March. So my bill acct show me and all stores I go in that devices are paid in full even though it’s not and customer service still cannot let me pay. Ummm should I be considered paid in full!? I should mail a check and tell them if not cashed within 30 days acct will be considered PIF. I bet if I took everything thing I have to an attorney that this would be the case. I have Never heard of a company not being able to take money until a certain date. Remember this is not the phone bill which the store actually took payment for that. I just want to pay so that I can wash may hand of this worst company EvER. You would think someone at the 800 number could get this done. So sad!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Today I went in the store to attempt to upgrade my wife's phone to the iPhone 11. The guy I was working with went through the whole process and then proceeded to tell me I would have to pay the full amount for the phone in order to upgrade (yeah, NOT gonna happen) so I leave the store and call a rep and she told me I was over my credit and need to call someone to figure out why. I don’t have time for all that. Mind you the phone I was upgrading was switched over from Verizon and paid off. I’ve never had any issue upgrading with any other cell service. Anyone have anything like this happen to them?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Network is so very slow. Have unlimited and it is absurd for coverage in the middle of Minneapolis. Can’t stream songs or videos more often than not. Can’t even search the internet to browse for a new carrier. It is not the Verizon network it is a subsidiary and at least ten times slower. Xfinity execs are literally demons trying to steal your money. Customer service is terrible - the chat help routinely disconnects. All positive reviews are fakes.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I switched 4 lines to Xfinity (from Sprint) and noticed all 4 showed 0.11GB as soon as I activated the phones even though I didn't use any data on them per se (3 iPhone, 1 android)! Month #2 and one of my kid phone (with data off, only wifi) AGAIN is showing 0.11GB used already and will be me charging (by the gig) for it. INCREDIBLE! Now the worst part: I have a 5th line that was de-activated 40+ days ago and the line still show up on my account and you guess it... it's showing 0.11GB usage even thought the number has been ported out!!! I just spend 45min on the phone and they can't figure it out... bonkers. As for the service: it's terrible. I live just outside on Silicon valley, CA (not the bonnies) and data speed can often be <1mbs - yes, 1mbs! Not like it should be that congested (best I've gotten is 7mbs). Pretty much usable... and I PAY for that useless data. Your mileage may vary...

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I live in the Fort Myers area of SW Florida. I was a customer of At&T for almost 10 years but decided to give Xfinity Mobile a try since I was a Internet and Cable customer of theirs already and I could save a few dollars on my monthly bill. The difference in service was apparent immediately after I switched. Frequent dropped call and extremely horrible data service. Dont even try to watch a Youtube video while on the road, it spins and spins and spins. I went into their store and was sharing my experience. I was told by the attendant that I should frequently turn airplane mode on and off so the phone refreshes its connection to the closest cell tower. I made a horrible mistake in moving from At&T. I'm going right back.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have been with Xfinity Mobile for 4 months. I live in south Florida. This is my experience after switching to xfinity mobile from ATT Wireless (iPhone X). Xfinity mobile is the worst mobile service due to:

1) Frequent active calls drop.
          2) Phone appears to be connected to xfinity mobile cellular network but call/texts can NOT be made or received until phone restarted.
          3) Extremely poor coverage area. In my home in Florida, zero signal. With ATT, I used to get 2 bars.
          4) Phone will not connect to cellular network from WIFI until turned off and on.
          5) Extremely poor cellular reception.
          6) Tier 2 Customer service incompetent to fix the issue.
          7) Changed the xfinity SIM twice but the problem is still there.
          8) Periodically, phone will not find the xfinity cellular network until phone is restarted; or airplane mode is turned on and off.

9) Phone will not switch to xfinity mobile from WIFI. While driving, if xfinity WIFI hotspot is available then phone will connect to hotspot, while driving out of the range of the hotspot (in a couple of seconds), the phone will not connect back to xfinity mobile network.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information