3.17/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

12 Xfinity Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had home internet in PA from Comcast and that's when I decided to go with Xfinity Mobile plans. A year later we moved to MS and here they have no home services, so they informed me that I have to pay $10 for each line for that reason in order to keep using Mobile services (It says so nowhere on their website, it may have said in terms).

I have been doing that for a long time now as their network coverage is good (From Verizon), now when we have new iPhone launch and I want to buy new phones for both lines they say that I can't buy because I don't have home internet services. (Again it says nowhere on their website, it may have said in terms.). It's a complete rip-off as they are actually charging me extra $10 for both lines no matters what plans you have. The main reason for buying phones from them is that it automatically connects to their free wi-fi hotspots across the US without entering ID & Password each time.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My wife and I had been with Verizon for years. We decided to bundle our phone service with our internet and cable service with Xfinity. This was during the rebate for the iPhone X deal. It was $200 for each phone if you purchased the iPhone X for each person. We did this. First, the woman I spoke to told me we would get $200 for each phone we purchased. Then she said "and you get another $200 for each phone you send in (our used phones)." I asked her several times if this was correct. I said to her "this would be $800. That's almost one phone free basically." She replied "that is correct". Of course we were excited. Then, we got our phones and needed to set them up. We called and were then told they didn't have us in their system. How is that possible? We had already received our phones from them. They finally got this fixed.

I asked them if our phones we sent in would still be in the system. They said yes. They then told me that we would receive about $76 for one and $100 for the other. I asked them why we were not getting the $200. They said because they do not handle that. This is their insurance department and it is based on what they can get for the phone. Ok, I let it go. Next, my phone went haywire and I had to go to the Apple Store. It was so messed up they could not fix it. They replaced my phone, so that was nice at least. Now I get my first rebate card in. I called to ask if our second one was coming and am currently on hold and have been for 23 minutes because they said my record shows that I only purchased one iPhone X and the other phone was a generic iPhone. I have two iPhone Xs that we purchased and now here is Xfinity trying to get over on me again.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Don't be fooled by false advertising. Xfinity Mobile says you can bring your own phone. They don't tell you that you must be with the 4 major carriers or buy one of their phones. I traveled 90 mins. to one of their stores to find this out. Their salesmen who sold me Xfinity Triple Play claimed he didn't know this. BS. DirecTV here I come.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

From day one I should have known something was wrong when they told If I switch I get 250 gift card. As soon as I switched they tell me the gift card is not for the phone I bought. Until this day is still have not received my gift card which I'm still fighting for and then tell me I can't use any of my Android phones. They're not compatible only their phones which are overpriced compared to other companies. I regret switching.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My second iPhone X was stolen. I am unable to retrieve it. I currently have 1 iPhone X I can use. I called Xfinity to have the STOLEN phone removed from my account. They refused and told me I have to pay anyway. When I asked them why, they said because that is policy. So, instead of canceling one phone, a total of $65 a month, maybe a little more, Xfinity Mobile has chosen to lose upwards of $400 a month, as I will be canceling my services. While I realize this will hit my credit report, I no longer care. This is just the latest issue in a line of several for this year alone.

I was supposed to receive a $300 Visa card OR credit to my account, per iPhone (I also have my son’s LG phone on my account). Due to a domestic violence situation, I am currently unable to work and since the phone is stolen anyway, having it taken off of my account will allow me to pay the bill. Too bad Xfinity/Comcast would prefer to lose an additional $350 a month, rather than the $65ish.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love this service, it's so much cheaper than other carriers and has the same coverage as Verizon. If you have Xfinity WiFi service in your home you can get the mobile service, you only pay for data.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My experience with this company has been great and I have no complaints. Being connected all the time is awesome, no other company has this going on so I would stay with them as long as I have Xfinity!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Although I have had my new service for only a few months, I have found the service outstanding and the cost great. Every made or received call has been received and/or completed while my data usage has cost less than $5 a month since I use my wifi for connecting.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

They only take autopay. Employees not trained well and sometimes rude. Bills rarely correct and they sometimes overcharge. No place close to go to.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I switched from Verizon and my 2 phones are costing me $17 a month, whereas I was spending $80 more per month. The service is as good or better and I don’t mind saving money.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Xfinity does not lock you into contract. The data rate you choose is flexible according to your expected activity. Reception excellent, Tech support 24/7 via phone, chat, message. Convenient on-site stores, too.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The phones are a little expensive (a little above average) but so worth what I save each month. $12 per gig is my plan and as long as you don't go over 500 mb, It's free! They also have unlimited for $45.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information