Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

BOTTOM LINE

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

PROS

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

CONS

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Top Xfinity Mobile Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Very reliable after bad experience with a competitor. I could never get tech support. Now no problems at all. There is a difference among providers. Bill paying is very easy. Website is very good. I wish that I had switched earlier.

You pay for what you use, and though we don't ever use that much, the "Unlimited" plan is Cheaper than all the others. There are also a lot of Xfinity hot spots all over so you don't have to use your data when you are near one. We've been very pleased.

What is Xfinity Mobile network?

Xfinity Mobile is a mobile phone network with millions of secure Wi-Fi and data points across the country through Verizon’s network. The service is only available to existing Xfinity Internet customers and must be activated through that account. Many customers choose to bundle their internet and mobile service with Xfinity for monthly discounts.

In addition to mobile service, Xfinity Mobile customers can purchase a new smartphone from brands like Apple and Samsung. Customers can use their current phone and only pay the monthly data cost.

Xfinity Mobile plans

Xfinity Mobile customers can choose from two plans to meet their budgetary and data needs: By the Gig and Unlimited. Both plans include high-definition streaming, 4G LTE personal hotspots and 4G LTE and 5G data access where available.

• By the Gig allows you to pay based on your data usage and includes the LTE Data Saver function, which lets users easily control video resolution to limit data use.
    • Unlimited plans give customers unlimited data and have an available HD Pass that lets customers receive higher-quality service during times of high network traffic.

Xfinity Mobile price

The price for Xfinity Mobile plans vary based on the amount of data you select:

• By the Gig 1GB: $15 a month
    • By the Gig 3GB: $30 a month
    • By the Gig 10GB: $60 a month
    • Unlimited Data: $45 a month

By the Gig phone plans let you have a maximum of five lines at no additional charge. If the allotted data amount is exceeded, a fee of $15 per additional gigabyte is applied.

Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited data plan costs $45 a month per line — unlike the By the Gig plans, you can’t share data among different lines on your account.

Xfinity FAQ

Can I bring my phone to Xfinity Mobile?
    Yes. Xfinity Mobile customers with a Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPhone or Google Pixel can bring their own phone to the plan.
    Is Xfinity Mobile as fast as Verizon?
    Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network, so its service is just as fast as Verizon’s service.
    Is Xfinity Mobile reliable?
    Xfinity Mobile uses the Verizon network to provide reliable Wi-Fi and data service for smartphones. Coverage reliability varies based on geographic location.
    Can I get Xfinity Mobile without Xfinity Internet?
    No, Xfinity Mobile is only available for existing Xfinity Internet customers and those who purchase a new Xfinity Internet plan.

Is Xfinity Mobile good?

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for those who already subscribe to Xfinity Internet and are looking to bundle their services for reduced monthly payments. Families who want to be on the same plan benefit from the lack of phone line fees, and single users interested in unlimited data appreciate the low monthly rate. Overall, we recommend Xfinity Mobile as an option for those looking for lower rates, reliable service and unlimited data.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I am a new Xfinity Mobile customer. I called customer support this morning for the first time because I could not get my number to port to my new phone correctly. The customer support rep was beyond fantastic. He was friendly, thorough, and went above my expectations. I did not get pushed around "not my department" purgatory. He stayed on the line with me, explained every step of the process, and called my previous carrier with me. When my previous carrier could not help us due to their systems being down, the Xfinity rep kept my contact info and called me back 4 hours later (when my previous carrier told us there systems should be back online) to contact my previous carrier together again and ensure that my needs were taken care of in a timely manner. He didn't pass the buck or give up on a frustrating situation, he saw it through to conclusion and I was genuinely amazed. So far, I'm ecstatic with my new mobile carrier's customer support!

Original review: June 23, 2020

I need to give both good and bad reviews here. First, don't "bring your own phone" to Xfinity. I got what I thought was a good deal (check my Samsung review to find out it wasn't) from Samsung on an S20. I called Xfinity before ordering it to make sure it would work. They said, "Sure no problem." I called when I received the phone and they said they had to add a line and send me a sim card and call when I get the sim card. I called when I got the sim card and they had me put my old sim card in the new phone and the new sim card in the old phone, then canceled the new line.

The next day, I could make calls but had no internet. I called again..the first call was 40 minutes and two reps before they hung up on me. The second call was 70 minutes on hold, 20 minutes with the first rep, 30 minutes with Tier 2, and 15 minutes with Tier 3 before they told me to go to an Xfinity store and they would make me a sim card. So I went to a store where they can't make 5G sim cards. But (here's the five stars) the staff at the North Huntingdon PA store knew what needed to be done and stayed on the phone with the very unhelpful phone people through multiple reps (the first one hung up on the store!) They didn't give up even though it was past closing time until my phone worked.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I've been an Xfinity internet customer for about 4 years and I've never had a problem. I just recently started my mobile services and so far the only problem with the mobile service it's lacking when I'm away from home at times. I can't understand that. Other than that I love Xfinity. So far.???

Original review: April 13, 2020

Original review: April 2, 2021

So my voicemail was not working for 5 months, and no one in this company know the reason, I bought brand new phone from them A71 5G, I called customer service over 50 times for the past few months. They all will do troubleshooting and escalate the case to tier 2 team which will do the same and they will tell they're going to open a case and they will reach me back in 48 hours, surprise, no one call or care, today I finally moved all my lines to different carrier. So relieved.

Original review: March 27, 2021

My cell company is Xfinity. They claim they do not have the ability to put my name on caller ID. They only put my cell phone number up, when I make a call. If I am calling someone who does not have me in their contact list, I sometimes have my call rejected. Has anyone found a way to correct this? They have good connections service, and very good pricing.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I transferred service to combine with my husband and he had Verizon. Xfinity couldn’t figure out how to unlock the SIM card for the transfer. It was locked 6 days and still no resolution. I had to buy a whole new phone. This phone was only three months old. And they are still charging my card for the monthly fee as if I am still a customer. Terrible assistance all the way around.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Worst mobile experience ever in my life. Told Apple Phones were free, no contracts etc as a new customer with a BYOD deal... Not true. Was in a 2 year contract, with payments, charged $483 in overages (I was on a pay by the gig plan and never left the house). This specific phone was for my 12 year old special needs kid who is on life support, and he turned off the WIFI on accident. I tried to unlock the phone and 3 times after calling and going to the store - after paying the phones off, the phones were not unlocked.... It's been a nightmare. I just finished a complaint to the BBB.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I have used the Xfinity Mobile service about 9 months in connection with my internet. However, once I decided to change the service, the customer support agents tried every possible ways to delay. For example, they had me waited to do 'research' to find my PIN. I was on the line over 35 minutes. Additionally, I only bought two iPhones with the payment plans. I paid the phones off 5 business days and requested my phones to be unlocked. The customer support agents told me that it would take additional 5 business days. I argued that there was no indication on the official website that it would take 5 business days to do so. He insisted that I was wrong so I challenged him and asked to talk to his supervisors. That ended up with 80 mins on the phone to get my paid off phones unlocked. Just consider the above before signing up to be in hell with the customer services. FYI - all customer service agents are outsourced to somewhere in the Asia.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I've had a couple good calls with these guys, but 9 times out of 10 their "tech support" is some person who barely speaks english Googling or looking up internal Confluence articles by typing in your issue themselves. It's tragically comedic how similar the experience has been every 5 times that I've called in. Like, NO ONE has any idea what the hell is happening and the "solutions" are basic suggestions: clear your voicemails out, you have too many! Here's a new SIM card! I'd be surprised if this was anyone's second tech support job from their end tbh.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information