3.7/5 (1052 ratings)

About Xfinity Mobile

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Pros

• No activation fees
  • By the Gig & Unlimited data plans
  • No line fees for up to 5 phones
  • No contract required

Cons

• Requires Xfinity Internet plan
  • Limited options

Bottom Line

Xfinity Mobile is ideal for customers looking to switch providers. The company offers flexible contracts with no phone line or activation fees. However, customers must also purchase Xfinity Internet to qualify.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

We switched to Xfinity mobile network from Verizon wireless a while ago because a better monthly price plan offered for two cell phones. We did a big MISTAKE. WHAT WE LEARNED ON THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS: the cell phone strength signal on xfinity mobile network (even the company states they use Verizon cell towers) is way weaker, and on a lot of the areas is inexistent. Why we were lied?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Their pricing was great but if you run into a problem, they have very few people who can help you. Every time they tried to fix my account, the messed it up more. After 2 weeks and 12.5 hrs I changed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

On October 23 2022 I cancelled my phone service with XFinity and as of today October 30 2022 my phone locked. My phone is fully paid and they can not give an explanation as to why my phone still locked.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

The promo codes by them are a big scam. I bought phone using one of the promo and I have been talking with them for last 1 weeks. They always assure but never apply the promo to my account. It takes hours to reach to them via phone and at the end of the day the issue is not being solved.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I never received a SIM card, so I forgot about it and stayed with Verizon. I noticed almost 3 months ago that they were charging me $47/mo for service. You can't cancel online or in person in the store. I've tried both. Only over the phone. I've tried 3 times via phone to cancel, and after roughly an hour on average, no resolution. They say it's cancelled, but keep charging me. I'm going to my bank today to change account and debit numbers and contest the charges.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

When I canceled my service with Xfinity mobile in the middle of a billing cycle (two weeks out of a month), they charged me for the entire month and refuse to return the difference. I spoke with representatives a few times regarding the overcharge, and each of them said they will return the difference, but each time the return would not happen. And when I chat again, they will claim that they have no record of the previous conversation. That's Xfinity Mobile for you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Without writing a long review, I am going to keep it short. My husband and I switched from Verizon to XM on October 4, 2022; I immediately noticed that we were not getting authentication text messages from Android users. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max; we decided to switch from Verizon to XM to save money. It was a bad idea! Six-plus hours later, with tech support and no fix; then I was promised to resolve this within 72 hours of engineering reviewing my issue; after speaking to a Tier 2 Tech support person.

In conclusion, I received no emails, calls, or a fix. It was apparent each person I talked to read a script. Everyone was clueless about the entire situation. In addition, this issue has been going on for years, and each Tech claimed they did not know about it. I conclude that XM does not communicate or train its personnel. Most likely, they are all in third-world countries and get paid minimum wage.

I will go back to Verizon, and I know from reading other customers' phone issues with XM they will not just allow canceling my account because I am a dissatisfied customer with a faulty service. However, I will contact our Local News Station and bring this to 7 On Your Site's attention. Hopefully, they will do a story and expose Comcast Xfinity for their lousy customer/tech service and dysfunctional software and will lose business in the long run.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

The reason I chose to leave Xfinity is because they could not get me any call logs from a few months ago for a lawsuit I am involved in. They told me they only had one previous month. Seemed crazy and was the final straw with dealing with their Customer Service. This week I decided to move my service to another carrier, the number was ported over 4 days ago but Xfinity did not release the phone, which I paid in full when I purchased it. Called Xfinity a number of times with the last call two nights ago when the person told me they could not manage my phone because I bought it at an Xfinity store and not online. CRAZY. I told her that just didn’t make any sense and she hung up on me after 1.5 hours of hold and being transferred from one rep to another.

I went into the store yesterday, and waited two hours to be told they could have handled this over the phone and that he promised I would have a PIN emailed to me by 11:00 EST today – no luck. So I called again and kept at it until they put me through to a US-based rep who spent a considerable amount of time with me only to tell me it will take an additional 24-72 hours to be released from when I reported it at the store yesterday. Argh. I live in Florida and have now been without my business phone for four full days after just getting service back after the hurricane.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

DO NOT switch to Xfinity Mobile! The coverage is terrible. I was a Verizon customer for 25 years however the monthly cost was expensive and I was happy with the coverage. I was contacted by Xfinity Mobile and assured that I would not lose any cell phone service coverage because Xfinity uses the same cell towers as Verizon. That may be true. I've been with Xfinity for 2 years and constantly have "dead zones", slow downloads, spotting connection, poor reception during phone calls, etc. I NEVER had that problem with Verizon. Don't let Xfinity Customer Service sell you with lies. It is not the same as Verizon service! I switched back to Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Do not get a mobile plan from Comcast. I switched from Verizon and they sent a damaged phone. All they had to do was replace the phone and I would send the damaged one back. It was within the 15 day return policy. Instead they have been giving me the runaround for two months and I'm still paying $1200.00 for a damaged phone. What company thinks it's acceptable to make someone pay for a device they damaged and then makes you jump through hoops trying to solve a simple issue. They are trash.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Xfinity was a nightmare from the start. I contacted them initially through chat and they told me my phone was compatible. After 2 SIM cards not working, the guy at the Xfinity store put the IMEI in their compatibility checker (website) and it showed it was not compatible. After not being able to get my phone running, I was forced to buy a promo phone and acquire a second line to port my number in because my phone was showing up as active in their system even though it was clearly not working. They also told me my son's phone was compatible (I was going to put him as the second line), but when I checked on their website it wasn't.

When I canceled the second line they wouldn't refund it, even though I never used it. They wouldn't let me return the phone that I had to buy because of their errors because they didn't tell me that deactivating that line meant I couldn't return it, and they took 3 days to reactivate it and then it was one day past the return window so I could not return it. I spent around 15 hours talking with customer service and lost about $250. No one knew what they were doing or talking about. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

We switched to Xfinity Mobile (XM) from ** in July 2021. We brought our own phones (2 Pixels and 1 iPhone). The switch was easy and the service has been great. In October 2022, we upgraded the 2 Pixels to iPhones under a promo that would bill us the cost of the phones over 24 months and we'd get a $300 Visa gift card for each phone. The Visa gift cards took 2 or 3 phone calls before they arrived but the billing on one phone has not been correct. I have called multiple times, spent hours on the phone, had 2 tickets created by "tier 2 support" and the issue is still not resolved. I am now in touch with someone from "executive resolutions" and hope the problem will be solved. Had I known about the problems I would have, I would have either stayed with CC or not bought the iPhones. Very aggravating.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Trying to reach customer service to inquire about data usage and how it is updated is a joke. After waiting on the phone for over an hour to reach a human agent I elected for the call-back feature which actually worked fine... I received a call in the promised 2 minutes. The horrible start to the experience begins with a ton of voices in the background talking over my conversation with an agent. The agent kept telling me that they don't control the billing, the data use updates etc. so they cannot help me. When asked who would know they suggested I call back to talk with a supervisor.... Yeah because I want to wait 1 hour + on hold again.

They said they couldn't guarantee that I would reach a supervisor and that they cannot transfer me to one because they are all on other lines. WHAT A JOKE. All this started because the Xfinity mobile app showed I was approaching data overage so I stopped using data. I wake up the next morning and magically my account has exceeded the next data level and I am being charged $15 more. TOTAL **. I am not sure who to reach about this but it would be great to know when data use is updated so this doesn't happen again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

After upgrading my Samsung S8 cell phones to Samsung S22, we had to return to the Xfinity store in Estero for help a couple of times. We were having trouble with our visual voicemail, sending/receiving texts, unlocking old phones etc.. We appreciate the extra time and patience of Ray and Daniel in solving all our problems, which included a pain in the neck malware hidden in my apps. Thank you again! Lynn V.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Recently got a Xfinity cell phone. The caller ID is set for the previous owner of the number. When I asked to change it I was told there was no system in place to change the caller ID for a number. They could only change it to Cellular Caller. Most banks and credit card companies confirm your ID by what shows up on your caller ID. My phone shows that my name is Brandi **. I'm not even a girl. Home Depot refused to issue me a credit card because my caller ID said I was Brandi **. My credit rating is 785 and I owe nobody. But I can't get a credit card to buy products to repair my house. This is a real sham of a company with outdated technologies that can't even change a name on a ID. It might be cheap, but that's what you get. Cheap service as well. Steer Clear.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I had horrible experience with Xfinity Mobile when travel to Canada and Alaska: I took a cruise from Vancouver to Seward AK last month. Before the trip, I called and was told if I paid 5$ per day I should have free texting, calling in Canada. I flew to Vancouver, CA on the 8/21/22 the cruise departed on 8/22, and arrive Alaska border on the 23rd. When the cruise crossed the border to AK, I was text notified that I was in USA so no need to pay $5/day. I was using my phone in Alaska, I talked to Xf Moblile, they said it should be no charge, because my plan has unlimited data in the US, for calling and texting. I came home, It charged me $299.13 for the month instead of $100 as the month before. I came to the local branch.

After showing the attendant the bill and detail of the charge (they charged me $4/minute for calling in Anchorage and a bunch of other charges...) The attendant said he could remove $150 (without telling me why) but I had to pay the rest. I already canceled the Xf mobile plan and went back to T-mobile, where I had been using for a few years, I remember, when traveling to EU and S. America, I never had any problem. So with cheaper plan with X Mobile $100 for 3 lines and a lot of headaches.

Compared to T-moble $105 with 55+ plan (my original plan with Tm was $180 for 3 lines, that why I moved to Xfinity Mobile a few months ago.) Xf Mobile did not let me to remove my credit card from the autopay, even the attendant said he did remove the card, and autopay. I called my credit card, I was told that the only option is to contest the payment. (How low the Xf Mobile is... It tried very hard to rob customer, as much as it can) I will contest to my credit card for sure on the unjustified charge. The Xf Mobile is very, very, very bad business. So I would recommend reader to stay away if you plan to do any overseas travel. It would ruin your trip. (09/22/2022 - Hoang N, Denver Colorado)

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I ported my # from AT&T to Xfinity, I damaged my phone and decided to go into a store and quickly get a new one and this was in 2021. The sales rep chose to activate a different model phone cause the one I chose was out (according to the salesman). THE NERVE and to make matters worst he canceled my # and activated a new line. Til this day XFINITY continues to bill me for a product and service I DO NOT HAVE, the nerve. I’ve been transferred more times than I can count, lied to, hung up on, etc. Their customer service is very poor. No one has taken ownership nor resolved my issue til this day..

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I switched with Xfinity from T-Mobile, to save $35 about 2 months ago. And, I have not been happy with this service. I am returning to T-Mobile and happily pay the $35 due to the poor network mobile service. I love Comcast Xfinity home cable, internet & phone service. I have been with them for 20 years and love it. But this cellphone mobile service is horrible in my area Miami, Florida. I run a business & is losing my money to save $35.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Okay, so at 73 years old I'm not up to date on using a smart phone. With that out of the way I can get to the point. It's 4:30 p.m. and I have been trying to set up a pin for my voice mail since 8:00 this morning. I've come to realize there is no such thing as support for Xfinity Mobile at all. Three times today I've sat on hold for over an hour trying to get to support. When I would finally get through to a person they couldn't even speak an understandable English! After repeating myself over and over again trying to make him understand that I needed to know how to set my voicemail pin he finally got it and told me he couldn't help me but would transfer me to someone that could. So back on hold I went for another 45 minutes only to find out I was transferred to someone that wanted to sell me a phone.

You would think that a company as large as Comcast could afford a support desk! What an embarrassment this should be to a company that size! Oh, and about their automated support chat, my guess is that it was set up by the same people answering the phone because when I use it to try to find an answer I typed in 'How do I set up a voicemail pin for the first time?' The answer that came back was 'I've noticed problems with your TV. Shall I fix it now?' Tell me what my TV has to do with my voicemail.

Like I said, I might as well have asked a 4 year old! I think I would 1. have someone that listened better and 2. I may actually get a correct answer. My money is on the 4 year old! So for anyone in my age group that has never used a smart phone before, don't even consider Xfinity mobile. Look elsewhere to ANY provider than them!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Every month Xfinity emails me and says I'm over my gigabit or about to be over my giga byte usage. Every month I call them to correct the problem and they agree that I used zero data, because I turned everything off on my phone except for the cell phone and text. This has been going on for months, my high blood pressure keeps going up every month I have to correct them. The last time I called them the man said he would make sure this problem would be resolved and I would not receive those emails anymore. It didn't work, not only did I receive the email but this time they charged me the extra $15.00 to bump me up to the next level of data. Today I spoke to four people there who kept transferring me to who I asked for the supervisor, instead they put me back in queue for over 40 minute each time four times today.

This crooked company needs to be stopped from ripping off customers, I can not be the only customer they are doing this to. So $15.00 per person times god knows how many people adds up to a lot of money. This is not the only place I will be telling my story, I am contacting congress people, senators, FCC Rosa Delauro, Richard Blumenthal, Consumer protection, Biden and anyone else I can think of. This is a very corrupt business. I will never do any kind of business with them again. You need to help me with this, not only for the sake of me but for the sake of everyone else.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Customer service is terrible. They are new to the mobile business and no one knows what they are doing. There are hold times of over an hour, and problems still not corrected. They cannot port over numbers from your previous carrier correctly. I would give them negative stars if the option existed. They will transfer from one bad agent to another bad agent. Difficult to reach them. I am currently holding for an agent now. My call timer is going on 3 hours! Stay with your carrier! Their cheap prices will only give you a headache!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I canceled account before even activating. They kept calling me to activate the account and I kept talking to them and each time someone told me the account is now cancelled. A month later I get a notice that they are about to bill my credit card.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

1 star only because there is no option for less. Do not switch to their mobile plan. Absolutely worst customer service. I ordered a phone on Jul 23 and paid in full over the phone. Received all the confirmation emails including one stating it had arrived. However it did not. It was still at FedEx and after 10 calls and nearly 12 hours, they were finally able to put me in touch with someone who determined it was sent to another person with the same name but in a different city. The phone was returned by fedex to the shipper and they signed for it on Aug 2.

On Aug 25, I still hadn't received a refund. Another 5 calls and 3 hours, no resolution. They fail to accept responsibility for adding a phone to the wrong account and expect me to contact this other random person to get permission to refund the money. Then I was told to dispute the charge with my credit card. Meanwhile, they have and get to keep the money - It cleared my account on July 25th. You cannot get past tier 1 customer support who is not in the US and can only follow the script - their constant repeat of the word thank you does not return the money they stole!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I had asked the person at the Xfinity support desk in Philippines, to activate the new SIM card in my replacement phone from Xfinity via Assurant. He got started, while home, I sat at watched a movie on HBO. after about an hour, while I was waiting on hold, I was disconnected, strange very strange. I tried calling back, but I was unable, as I didn't have service for about 10 minutes. When I tried calling our house phone, I saw I was calling from a number I had no idea how I got it. (The first person Charli was LBGTQ, but incompetent.) He had changed my number completely! I called back but couldn't get connected to him. Eventually I was connected to a Tier 2 Account Recovery Specialist, (after complaining loudly.)

Totalling it up, I had spent about 4 hours on hold, tiring of waiting, before I asked him to call me back when it was done. (I was flabbergasted, as it only took 2 people and less than one hour to fix the same issue, last time but why? Last time indeed! [Why do they think we want our number changed, unless we specifically ask them to change it?] I specifically said I had the IMEI and SIM, for him, to activate the SIM of my replacement device. Anyway, we disconnected and he said it would take less than 24 hours to recover. I wholeheartedly let it a sigh of relief, but I knew, it wasn't over until I saw my number back! The next morning, I got up and called the house phone. Same number as yesterday. Because it wasn't 24 hours, I waited.

After the 24 hours were up (About 4 hours after I awakened)I called back asking for Tier 2 recovery. Regon was very kind, and tried for a few hours, when he hung up on me. I thought great, he fixed it! However it wasn't resolved yet. The next guy's name I couldn't understand, as his accent was thick. He was kind, and trying but after about 45 minutes he said his system wouldn't come up. Not odd in my book as I've had issues.

I waited about 2 hours and called back. The woman who answered from Tier 2 Account Recovery(I didn't hear her name, my phone went out during that part of the conversation) listened to my tale. She said, "It ends now!" She meant it! Within 15 minutes, she asked me to power off my phone. I waited a few minutes, and she asked me to power it back on. I went into settings and saw MY NUMBER! SHE WAS GREAT. I wish I knew her name! She gave me a $20 for my trouble, which was nice. It was the gesture, not the $ amount. I really like Xfinity Mobile, until I need a replacement. Next time I won't use the SIM card if they send it, and there won't be any trouble. All my devices work fine most of the time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

We finally moved our service from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile. We were eligible for two free Samsung phones. My spouse chose the new phone because the old one was not compatible. I was undecided at the time and under pressure to decide, but chose to keep my phone. Later that day, I was unable to use my messaging app. Early the next day (less than 24 hours later), I decided that I would also need the free phone. I called and the agent said yes, I was still eligible for the free phone and ordered one for me. Once I received it, I was unable to complete activation and called for support. Upon calling, I learned that I was NOT eligible for the free phone as told by the original agent and would have to pay $249. It seems that once I chose to keep my phone, it was no longer "new service." I'm returning the phone and keeping the service because it is much cheaper, but I will have to live without my message app and the bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Awful. Awful. Awful. DO NOT sign up with them. There is a error in my account that showed up at some point as I can no longer order new service, change plans or anything. After about 20 hours of phone calls, three "escalations" and multiple departments correcting each other on what is possible, nothing to show but frustration and wasted time. They are also very good at promising callbacks and updates and NOT MAKING them. Of course, billing works just fine. I am locked out of changing my account, and now four weeks into it they have finally admitted in writing I am quote "in limbo land". DO NOT use Xfinity. Go to Verizon. It is the exact same network anyway. Funny, if I was Merck or Pfizer do you think this would get resolved? Of course. But, a six-person, small business? Eh, too bad. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Don’t use Xfinity Mobile!!! Port over a number and being almost 5 days and line still not activate. Support center have no clue what they are doing !!! Worst mistake ever. They keep escalate it but no one know what happened. Even their top tier support is clues. If you need support you have to be on the phone over an hour or more. Not worth the saving and wasting your time. Highly not recommended it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

DO NOT trust ANYTHING this company tells you! I was promised a $200 Visa gift card to move my iPhone from T-Mobile to Xfinity. I owed a balance on my phone and told them I would not move it until November when my phone was paid off. They offered the gift card to help pay off my phone if I would move it immediately, which I did. Well, I have called three times requesting said gift card and received NOTHING! Today the young lady told me there was no promotion of that sort available on 7/18/2022, the day I elected to transfer my phone number. I will be moving to another carrier very soon!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

The value is incredible—Xfinity Mobile offers access to Verizon's cellular network for as little as $15/mo. for current Xfinity customers. We got two lines, and the talk/text service in our area is great, but my cellular data has been super fickle. I had full-on, hairpullingly frustrating troubles just getting my hands on the phone and accessories, however. First of all, I ordered my phone from out of town, but XM only delivers to the home/service address, and FedEx botched the delivery and sent it back. XM gave me a refund, but it was over $100.00 short! They didn't catch it, and it took me over 30 minutes on the phone to get it resolved.

I worked directly with an agent to redo my order and make sure they got it right, but they sent me the wrong size of screen protector. I called to report this and was told they would send the right size, but it never showed up, and when I called back over a week after the first call, they couldn't find a record of that transaction, said the right size was out of stock, and insisted that I could *not* receive a refund for the wrong glass.

After more than TWO HOURS on the phone (mostly hold), I finally got through to someone with enough compassion and authority to resolve my situation, which resulted in a $60 credit to cover the cost of the glass debacle and help compensate for all the trouble I had experienced. Bottom line, Xfinity Mobile's partnership with Verizon has the potential to disrupt the entire market, but they've got to up their execution. I don't regret initiating service with them, but I deeply hope that I won't need to call customer service about anything else for a long time!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

You will wait on the line for a long time and the call will drop and they will not call you back.. Also had to call them more than 5 times just to pay a phone bill.. I never had horrible customer service like this.. They don’t have the best employees either.

Xfinity Mobile Company Information