Call Now Toll Free
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Xfinity Mobile offers phone and data plans that start at $12 a month. The company also has mix-and-match services. Xfinity Mobile has unlimited talk and text on up to five lines with no phone line or activation fees.

Xfinity Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Mobile?

Original review: June 23, 2020

Considering Xfinity Mobile? BEWARE!! Changing my mobile service from Verizon to Xfinity was a huge mistake. Hopefully, this review will save others from making the same mistake. My house has a weak signal due to many large oak trees and a small pond. For my situation, a good network extender is critical to reliable service. Lured by Xfinity's merchandising ploy that Xfinity uses Verizon towers, I believed that Xfinity could provide reliable service.

After weeks of spending hours and hours on the phone with 22 different Xfinity reps in technical support and customer service at the supervisor level, I finally determined that nothing could be done to improve my signal. In fact, the new Xfinity Samsung A70 phone I had to purchase to cut the ties from Xfinity was not fully compatible with my new 2020 Subaru Outback or the Verizon network extender that is critical to strong signal. So I am stuck with a $412 phone that I cannot use.

Even in this exceptional Covid-19 environment, (meaning closed Xfinity stores and extremely long wait times for phone assistance,) Xfinity will not work with you if you've experienced exceptional problems with their service and have gone past the 14 days trial period. In Xfinity's view, you own the problem and you pay the full price for their lack of service. How ironic is their “Xfinity Customer Commitment: Respect your time; Simplify your experience; Make things right if we fall short.”

Original review: June 12, 2020

My voicemail stopped working. I have spent 4 hours with 5 different techs either by online chat or phone and no one can fix my voicemail issue. I have even spoke with a supervisor who has no idea what's wrong. I thought AT&T was bad but these guys make AT&T look like an angel. I will be cancelling my contract.

Original review: June 10, 2020

In Jan 2020 I thought I would try Xfinity mobile. Sign-up required that I give my social security number and a credit card. After a few days I was able to determine that the service was not adequate for my needs and cancelled. The cancellation and out-porting of my number was tedious and required no less than 4 hours. I experienced extreme hold times and multiple transfers. Now 6 months later they are still charging my credit card with fees that no one seems to be able to explain to me. As with my previous experience each call requires hours of phone time. I tried going to the Xfinity store which is basically the same experience. Extreme wait times and very poor customer service. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Buyer beware! Set up service 6 months ago; agent said 1 GB was more than adequate. First two months the charges were as expected, then came the next three, one of which was twice as much as in the first couple months. They would not let me know why the charges were extra, and would not negotiate the charges whatsoever. We are Comcast customers since 1987 and that did not matter at all, "We are a different and separate company", they said. So I paid them in full and closed the account. I will never use Xfinity Mobile again and if you're reading this I highly recommend you take your business elsewhere. This business is hiding behind the "Xfinity" brand, but operates very coldly and are not helpful at all. Goodbye Xfinity - you're fired.

Original review: May 29, 2020

The wrong name comes up when I make a phone call so people don’t pick up my calls if I haven’t previously explained what’s going to come up instead of my name. I called Comcast thinking this would be something that could be changed since it was not accurate. I was told they could only change it to unknown. I can be the wrong name Or I can be unknown. I cannot have my correct name attached to my phone number. These mistakes happen sometimes, I was told, but not very often. I was also told it’s unfortunate but it can’t be helped. I find this an amazing response and I actually don’t believe that they can’t fix my issue.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I went into Xfinity store in Eugene Oregon 3 days ago. I spoke with Joshua **. When he tried to pull info up by my social, a general error code popped up. He did not know what to do other than tell me to go home and call XM Care (Xfinity Mobile). Come to find out later he should have asked for tech support agent to do a BYOD. I called the XM Care number and spoke with Terry, he transferred me to Kaelin who then transferred me to Kristy who also didn't know what was going on and transferred me to Danielle at Tier 2 advanced.

All I wanted was to take my phone number and transfer it to my new Galaxy S10 plus. From the start of the day at Xfinity to the end of that first day was a total of 7 HOURS in person and on the phone with Xfinity trying to port my number to my new phone and activate everything. Somewhere along the line, I think it was with Danielle, my account got stuck! As in the sim cards got switched too many times between the iPhone 6 and the new Galaxy and after a few dozen resets and power downs and ups I could call or receive calls from either phone so I had to resort to my daughter's phone.

Danielle said it should process and resolve by the end of the night. It never did so the next day 5/15/2020 I called and spoke with Jason after being transferred twice and put on 20 plus minute holds each time. Jason from tier 2 told me "Daniel spoke with David in Tier 3" and it looks like the Galaxy still has AT&T's provider settings and that it didn't switch over to xfinity after I put the SIM card in. He said "we are seeing both phones on the cell tower" but I still can receive or make calls from either phone. Jason said he would call me back in 1 hour while they worked stuff out, HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK! He could have said "Hey this is beyond me or call back tomorrow because I don't know what I'm doing" but he didn't and he left me hanging all day. So rude!

Today 5/16/2020 I called Xfinity mobile again and spoke with Roxy in Tech support. Roxy told me they are creating a ticket to escalate it to the help desk because "It's stuck" somewhere. The swap on the mobile device numbers got stuck in the system and didn't allow it to flow through. The plan is to escalate it to a higher tier to push it through, Roxy said "They'll probably send me an email". She said there's an error on the system w/ the mobile device numbers. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor so I can tell her what has been going on and what Xfinity has put me through the last 3 day but I was put on hold for 30 minutes and then they hung up on me. She was transferring me to Alejandra the supervisor and Roxy told me Alejandra was pulling up her programs and almost ready to take me then there was no one on the other side and No One called me back. Roxy or Alejandra left me hanging.

Xfinity, I am so disappointed in you. I have been with you guys for 2 years and never had issues until now. Why is it so difficult for you guys to port an existing number over to a new phone and why is it so hard for you guys to call a customer back? It's the considerate thing to do. When is my phone going to be "unstuck". Xfinity, are you going to call me back and help me or update me? - Kimberly

Original review: May 12, 2020

Terrible service, dropped calls, false advertising on Verizon towers, don't go there. Buyers beware. I'm also reporting this to the BBB. Stay away from Xfinity mobile, it doesn't work, no service calls.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I've been an Xfinity internet customer for about 4 years and I've never had a problem. I just recently started my mobile services and so far the only problem with the mobile service it's lacking when I'm away from home at times. I can't understand that. Other than that I love Xfinity. So far.???

Original review: April 30, 2020

After being fed up with AT&T dismal mobile phone service, we looked into Xfinity. They use Verizon towers, have Hotspot coverage and is roughly $40 less than AT&T for unlimited data. The first problem that we encountered was our phones. They were factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 and S10. They worked on AT&T and we're compatible with Verizon but, not Xfinity. We were of course presented with an offer to "upgrade" (buy) a new, compatible device from Xfinity which we declined and bought from Amazon.

We have been on their service now for less than a month when I realized that we were routinely missing calls while browsing the internet or being on another call. Over the next two or three days, I made a total of 6 calls to Xfinity "support" -- First, the representative advised that call waiting had not been activated on our service (really?) then, when missed calls continued, performing countless reboots and network resets to no avail. A representative then realized that the IMEI number in their system didn't match the IMEI of the phone. No problem (I thought) let me give you the correct number so you can change it in your system.

Apparently, it doesn't work that way with Xfinity -- a new "fake" line had to be created using my real IMEI number and a new Sim card would be sent. Once I received the Sim card (two days later) I was to call activation, activate the new Sim card on my IMEI with a new number), Port my current phone number to the new line and cancel the incorrect IMEI line. As ridiculous as all of that sounds, it was nothing compared to the fiasco that ensued.

At 4:30 pm, I called Xfinity and proceeded through the multi step verification process, waited about 20 minutes on hold and, after being connected with a representative, went through the same multi step verification. I then explained the reason for my call and, was then informed that she had to transfer me to a different representative "but, don't worry, I will explain everything to that representative so you don't have to go through it again", she said. Another 15 minutes on hold before the next representative answered and had no idea about who I was or why I was calling. Verification and explanation AGAIN and the next TWO HOURS on the phone, removing the Sim card, installing the new Sim card, performing a network reset, restarting the phone over and over again before she proclaimed that "the system" was not responding and she would have to call me back in one hour.

After disconnecting, I signed in to my online account and discovered that my "active" line was a number in a distant area code, my original line ( that was supposed to be ported to the new Sim) was disconnected and yet another line was "pending activation" -- needless to say, I was livid and I immediately called back to Xfinity. 45 additional minutes on hold, 1 hour and 8 minutes with the representative (including verification again) and, as he attempted to work out the previous representative's mess, he placed the call on hold and we were disconnected.

By now, the ONLY thing I cared about was trying to recover my original phone number that was now disconnected. After which, successful or not, Xfinity Mobile was going to be a mistake that I quickly corrected and had already started the sign up process with Verizon Wireless while on hold waiting for the next Xfinity representative.

This next representative (Gregory in Washington state, is all I know) is the shining star in this entire nightmare. First, he patiently listened as I blew up on him after the last several hours on the phone with some of the most incompetent people I have ever spoken to. Then, he gathered information, asked questions and diligently worked over the next two hours, enlisting a higher level representative and ironed out the mess created by his colleagues before him. Of course, I humbly apologized to him repeatedly for taking my frustration out on him and thanked him for his tireless help to get it corrected.

Other than the missed call issue that seems to have been corrected (only time will tell) we really haven't had any problems with Xfinity Mobile service BUT, after spending HOURS on the phone which continually made the problem worse with each representative before finally getting someone helpful, I am not taking any chances of anything like this ever happening again and transferred my service to Verizon. MUCH more expensive but MUCH less aggravating.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This has been a horrible experience dealing with these people. I cancelled my services last October. I paid all of my bills as I always do. Every month they send me a bill, every month I call, every month they tell me they will take care of it and I won't receive another bill. Guess what, they have now turned me over to a credit collection service. No one knows how to fix this. They are the most unprofessional ignorant people that I have ever dealt with. PLEASE DON"T USE THIS SERVICE. As you can see they don't have a good rating!

Xfinity Mobile Company Information