Walmart Family Mobile
1.14/5
Based on 148 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Walmart Family Mobile

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

611 Walmart Family Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Ok the reason I went with Family Mobile in the first place is because they were T-Mobile which T-Mobile is an ok phone company but over the last year they have been horrible. First thing I noticed was the fact that they took away the hotspot which I used when I was out the house and needed to use my computer. Now they are making me jump through hoops just to pay my phone bill. Also I have dropped calls a lot. Internet now moves slower. I'm thinking very hard about saying???Cause TracFone isn't the company I wanted to be with at all.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I am so incredibly frustrated and disappointed. I am a long time customer, several years. I called to pay my bill today and was told they no longer accept payment from bank accounts?? After about 2 hours with numerous reps, who do not have a clue about what's going on, they would not even give me a two day extension so I could pay with a debit or credit card. No prior notification from them that anything had changed! One very upset customer right now!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchase a kit from Walmart, because they said it’s powered by T-Mobile and it has a good service. Adding a refill is terrible. I purchased a refill through T-Mobile directly but adding to the sim is a nightmare. Every time I call they direct me to TracFone, other network and Walmart Family phone. When I finally been connected to Walmart family phone there is no option on how to add the refill that I already purchased from T-Mobile and there is no option to talk to a representative. This is a very frustrating and poor customer service product. I don’t understand why T-Mobile was drag into such poor quality service.

The Walmart Family welcome kit is a waste and expensive and not the worth purchasing. I might end up losing the refill I purchase directly from Walmart. Beware not to purchase this item or patrionize it. I hope you’ll come up with a better customer service and a very friendly process Walmart Family Mobile because it’s really terrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This is the worst service Of any company I've ever worked with. I'm suppose to be on a family plan with my son but every month for the last three month I have had to call to have either my sons phone reactivated due to a glitch on your end and no one can give me any answers why. I've be disconnected on several time when my question could not be answered. I am very unhappy with the quality of customer service I have received.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Walmart Family Mobile systematically deleted voicemails of my deceased relative that I was continually resaving. When calling Customer Service, there was no sympathy for being unable to retrieve and no compensation offered for this tragic error! Service is cheap, you truly do get what you pay for! Don't choose this service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company doesnt give a ** about your time, money or the way they treat their customers. Piss poor customer service, constant hoops and runaround when trying to get a refund. It's been 4 months! And still not a check in the mail.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 6 patient months, I'm done! It saddens me that I am forced to give this customer service nightmare one star. That's one too many. As has been mentioned before, since TracFone stepped in, each and every month, I get disenrolled even after signing up for auto renew. Every month I go through the sign up process. I feel stupid for sticking with them for as long as I did.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My 86-year-old, hearing impaired mother relies on texting to check in regularly and has had this plan for about 4 years. However, a year and a half ago she moved and changed the number in her new city. There have been many problems with some of my texts (no images) reaching her and she'll get some message saying "downloading content..." that never stops. Nothing ever loads and we have to delete the message. Sending a photo could really hang things up so we never did that. The most recent hassle is that suddenly, last week, out of nowhere, her phone number disappeared and reverted to an earlier number from her previous city. I called Customer Support and they said they have no record whatsoever or her phone number, only the old one. I asked what could have changed? They said that Family Mobile changed to Tracs and maybe that was it. But they said that happened in May and it's December now.

The billing is another problem, altogether. Randomly, she's had the phone shut off for non-payment even though she had auto-pay and the bill was paid. They could never find her current number so I told them to just cancel everything and close her account. It's actually less expensive monthly for a better plan if you just go to a regular T-Mobile store instead. That's what I'm doing tomorrow. It's a very challenging situation, overall, for someone who is hearing-impaired and not confident enough with cell phones to know this is messed up.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Absolutely frustrated with TracFone service, customer service, call quality. Everything but the worse part is the customer service. They are not professional in any way. Not knowledgeable about the service and definitely not interested in satisfying their paying customers. Current situation, I paid my phone bill Friday 22, text messaging isn't working. They tell me it's my phone or sim card. Absolutely incorrect. I have two phones on my account and both aren't working. Did I mention they are completely two different phones HTC and Samsung. So I spent the majority of my day on the phone with them (currently on my 3rd call 6:30 pm) still no satisfaction. Losing my service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm so frustrated, I could explode. Walmart Family Mobile charged my bill three times and now I have to wait 6 business days for a refund and that was literally all the money I have for Christmas and Walmart Family Mobile just stole it. This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever had to deal with and no one can help me the entire hour I was on the phone with them. I'm dropping service this is happening way too often where my money was either misplaced or I was charged too much. Goodbye Family Mobile. I will not be recommending your services to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Dec 1st, my charger for a replacement phone sent by WFM was defective as the prongs for the tip to be seated properly in the phone were bent. I called to have another charger sent. I was told that it would take 24hr to process the trouble ticket and that I would receive it 3 to 5 business days after processing. Dec 10th, the ticket is still processing and I am complaining to customer service because it has been past the allotted time and now at this point, the battery life of the phone has start to degrade (fast charging phone must use fast chargers of that brand to keep an accurate charge due to the chip in the power adapter and the size of the usb cord). They told me that they were going to escalate it and get the charger out to me in 3 to 5 business days.

Called on the 12th to see if the ticket has been processed and again, it wasn't. At this time I was told that there was none in stock and that it would take over three weeks to get a new charger. So my battery performance has dropped to where I used to be able to charge it three times a week to every day. The rep agreed to send me another replacement phone which would have a new battery and charger since the battery is non-removable. Got confirmation on 14th my replacement phone has been processed and will be here on the 21st. The rep also told me that when I get my phone I need to call so that I can set up the phone. Now the whole time dealing with them they have told me that I will be getting a credit for the days that I am having issues with my phone. 21st and I have my account tracking the delivery through FedEx, I get a delivery exception and call.

FedEx tells me that the package was deem undeliverable due to the apt number missing. I know that I told the rep the address and added that it is the same address on the account. FedEx told me that I had to go get it from the hub if I wanted because of the restrictions on the package not to change the address and only the shipper can do that. I leave tonight for the Christmas holiday so waiting to tomorrow or having it ship somewhere else is not an option and using hangovers to make calls suck. Called again customer service and this is where it ** hits the fan. Pissed because of the issues just trying to get what I paid for, I demanded that my credit owed to me and confirmed by various reps be placed on my account now since I have to go get my package from the shipping company instead it being delivered. Told that this wasn't the right department and transferred to another department.

Spoke to a rep that told me she was in the corporate office and she was telling me that I had to wait to the 29th to get the phone, I told her I had an email that has the tracking number and my personal account tracked it here in my city, and that it couldn't be delivered to me as the address on the phone was wrong. Noticing the address in the confirming email, it was wrong too. My address is so easy that the only way to mess it up is not listening to what I am saying. She said that another department can change the address and that it could be ship to me tomorrow or Monday. I told her that that wasn't acceptable to me as I need the phone today and that I have already made plans to pick up the phone from the hub. What I want is to be compensated for me doing what your company should have done.

After me explaining that I was going to get it myself 3 times, she finally told me that I needed to have the phone with me so that she can verify that I have it. Now that I have the phone, I called back to get the credit applied to my account for this messed up situation. Got transferred to the corporate office again and spoke to a rep who after the last rep said that she would put in notes that I had to call back when I have my phone to get the credit. She put me on hold for 15 minutes looking into my account and told me that I wasn't getting a credit because the ticket was made on the 14th and that it will be delivered on the 29th. I told her that, "I have the device right now, as a matter of fact that I am on it right now" and I was told that I had to call back to get the credit applied to my account when I physically have the phone.

Then she put me on hold for another 10 minutes. Tells me that I was able to use the phone the whole time and that I will not be getting a credit. I told her that the issue doesn't have to do with my service but the fact that I received a defective product that damaged my phone and since Dec 1st, I have been trying to rectify the situation. This is the reason your company sent me a new phone with a new charger. Everyone from day one has told me that I will be getting a credit and the fact that I had to get my own package because your company didn't get the address right and your mess ups I was getting this credit. She said that she had to confer with her manager and I said fine. After another 10 minutes away from the phone she comes back and tells me no again. At this point I asked for the manager and she told me that he is dealing with a customer and I told her I'll wait.

After every two minutes telling me he's still busy and to hold, the third time she hung up the phone midsentence. I called back and in the middle of the automated greeting I see a call from a 800 number. Before I could click over it hangs up again. In the call center industry, they call that GHOSTING because it shows that the call was disconnected and the rep made an effort to call back but really did nothing. This company customer service is beyond horrible and my background as a former Call Center Training Manager and BS in Computer Science allows me to identify the ** and let me know that the standard of training for this company is minimal at best. Can't understand how a company this size can afford to have such bad responses.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

You have the most worst customer service I've ever encountered! The reps have no idea what they are doing. They do not speak proper English or professionally. The so called manager will deliberately place you on hold for extreme long period of time and claim to be deaf when you're calling for her. They basically make you hang up so the call drop rate remains low.

I think Family Mobile are thieves! They say they give you a discount but if you add another discount they will reduce the initial discount to provide the other discount so in reality you're really not getting the full discount amount you thought you're getting and none of the reps or manager can properly explain that except the fact that since that's what the system says so they need to process that amount. When you ask if there is anyone else I can speak with, they continue to talk about processing payment... This company mobile service is not bad but everything else sucks. I would never recommend such service. I will be changing my carrier. Every time I have to called these dingbats it's always a bad experience...

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I paid my bill and I called customer service because I was unable to receive and send text messages and the lady had to wait for her system to upload the information for like half hour to tell me I didn't get service for this month when I just paid!!! Then waited another 10 minutes for her to say "ok I see that you did." OMG! Horrible service! This company is going down due to their horrible customer service...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was always happy with Walmart Family Mobile for about 5 years while T-Mobile was the carrier and would have rated it a 5 until the carrier changed without notification. I have been trying for months to be able to access my account online to pay my bill online. Numerous phone calls to customer service always with the same answer "We are having problems with the website" but it is never fixed. I was forced to give them my credit card number. I was supposed to get text messages for balance due, or the amount they are withdrawing from my account. But they are working on that too for months now.

In November I still was not able to access my account at their website and the bill due date was the following day. I had to call them to find out if they billed my account or needed money to keep phone working. Well that call resulted in their billing me a second time for the month of November on my bank statement. $45 dollars became $90 so I had to call them again. They acknowledged the error and would credit me through the Month of December. I still don't get text messages or US mail from them and still cannot get online to check my account with them.

Now I'm starting to get fluctuating speed test results from the Internet connection that affects cell phone gaming. I now think it's time to go back to T-Mobile and say goodbye to Walmart Family Mobile. I'm lucky to have bought an unlocked phone and am not under a contract with Walmart Family Mobile. I cannot access my account online and they don't send out a bill. So as for verification you will have to take me at my word. The bill is about due and it would rather just go to T-Mobile than call Walmart Family Mobile and wait an hour online to be danced around another hour. I'm fed-up.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I used to love Walmart Family Mobile. My whole family was on the plan and we had excellent service. That all changed when T-Mobile sold Walmart Family Mobile to TracFone. For my phone personally, I only had service for one week out of the month. When we called customer service, they said that I wasn't telling the truth and had service! A month later they deactivated my phone service officially, so I couldn't use my phone at all. We called again and the only answer we could get was that I had no more air time which was a huge lie.

I had not been able use my phone for two and a half months, we were still paying for it and our plan gives unlimited calling ability in the U.S. For the other phones, whenever we have had issues customer service has only been helpful once. That is because it is always someone who is a hard to understand non-native English speaker. The only person that was understandable and able to understand us was very helpful and seemed to have actually studied English in the U.S. My family is now switching back to a sub company run by T-Mobile. If TracFone actually wants to keep customers, they need to hire more people who actually speak proficient English and know how to do their job, and they need to give us better phone service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Thanks for the reviews informing me that Family Mobile from T-Mobile has changed to TracFone. I have been a customer since Family Mobile started and wouldn't have know about the change had it not been revealed in reviews. I was billed twice this month so I contacted T-Mobile to have one of the charges returned to me. I checked my banking statement the next day (after being told my card would be credited for the second payment charged) and I was charged yet again. Three charges for one month's service! When I contacted them again regarding the problem, it was like talking to someone who was clueless about what to do to help me. There were very long pauses when I asked questions and the replies were not related to my questions, at all. I agree with the other reviewers. It's definitely time to change carriers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Dealing with their customer service is a time-consuming nightmare, they're inefficient, incompetent, and negligent. They made unauthorized withdrawal payment from my bank card, meaning they charge me twice for the month of November, within a time frame of two days later, Nov. 4th I was charged $85, Nov. 6th I was charged $117. When I called they told they fixed the problem and I was going to get credit for next month. Next month my cell phone lines were deactivated, after long waiting and a lot of arguments, not until I told them I was going to sue Family Mobile they gave me credit for two lines and activated two lines. The third line was not activated, they kept insisting that I should give them my bank number, if I wanted that line back.

To make the story short, I went to my local Walmart to make the payment, and they wouldn't activate my third line. They made me go to Walmart twice, until Walmart manager step in and demanded them to verify then they went the extra mile and activated my third line. They're fraudulent, do not give them your bank card number to make automatic payments, they're shady, and computer illiterate. Their customer representative is a total nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

On four VERY LONG calls to representatives that spoke English, but obviously did not understand, I am still without service. They had the wrong phone sent out. In an effort to rectify the wrong phone, they sent out the wrong SIMS card. Every call consisted of "What's your SIMS number? What's ur MI number?" And transferred to a supervisor (not really a supr). Two weeks later... NO working phone. If you are Senior go with another carrier and pay $10 more.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I successfully switched to (Walmart) Family Mobile / T-Mobile. My big kudos goes to all Family Mobile customer/technical service reps for resolving my request ticket #**. I am a happy camper making savings with the FCC's intervention to terminate the service with Verizon (case #**). Verizon Wireless SUCKS!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I called several times to get my phone settings right, they sent me the wrong instructions for my phone. Then I called again and they kept telling me to reboot the phone. They must be really stupid because they did not know what to do, just kept on telling me to turn off the phone and turn it back on, hell even the recording when you call tell you to turn off and then on your phone and they will wait. (Just How stupid do they think we are) When you turn off the phone you disconnect your call then you have to call them back. This company needs to fire the CEO and Managers who run this operation, they are running it into the ground with this poor service. I will be looking to change companies.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I called for customer service today 20 times exact to speak with a supervisor. And she was very rude. On the phone back and forth with them about shutting one of my phones off. They not only talk over you but also are rude. Bad enough these companies are in foreign lands. But to be ignorant to Americans who pay their salaries. They have the worst, rude, condescending people I've ever encountered! I have called so many times. To get help and they hang up or pass the phone game. Sorry you cannot understand us!! We surely can't understand you either. So don't bother with Family Mobile... Phone is good. Customer Service is awful!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had WalMart Family Mobile for several years now with some issues, but nothing that I usually can't get fixed easily but for some reason this month my bill wasn't what it should have been. I'm trying to explain that I'm supposed to have TWO phones on my bill but all I get being repeated back to me was the price of ONE phone and being told that my husband's phone hadn't came up for payment time (both phones are on one account) under my name.

When I asked to be transferred to an U.S. Office as the law states that I can, because the office I'm talking with is in Columbia I am told that there is NO number I can be given. I did however get a corporate e-mail. This experience this morning has taken several tries with a human voice on the other end and with the automated system to be fixed. Very bad service along with the issue of being told that they DO NOT have a corporate number for you to call. No did they have the number of the Florida, U.S. number to give me as I requested that by law I am supposed to be able to get.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Been using my own unlocked phones for over two years now. Had trouble with getting internet in beginning but then all was fine until summer of 2017. One out of 5 calls could either not hear me or I couldn't hear them. CSR's and store employees are great and friendly but do not know how to help... Nor fix problems. If there is a class action, I would join.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I purchased a T-Mobile phone from Walmart/Sardis Lane/Charlotte NC in January 2014 and received the poorest customer service ever. The store employee's name is Virgil who rang up my purchase. When I tried to use my phone the same day, my I-net was turned off. I went with a friend to the store and requested that Walmart refund my entire purchase. The cashier did not dare not to. Since then, I have never purchased any phones from Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We've been Walmart Family Mobile customers since 2014. We've been on autopay since then and NEVER had a problem until their recent transition to TracFone. Since then (3 months) my bill has been incorrect. First I was being charged for an additional line. Once I straightened that out and received a refund for that phantom line I was charged the following month for only 1 line (I have ONLY 2 on my acct.). I called to straighten that out and I was assured it would automatically renew correctly. It did not. I was at work trying to use my phone and I received the message that I needed to call in to renew. I did.

Then this month, finally, the auto renew was correct, but then I seen my renewal for next month was again for an additional line on top of my two. So proactively I called, several times, and was told the bill was computer generated and their "managers" which is apparently everyone's title there, could do nothing about it. I did. I cancelled the auto pay and when I did my bill went down again to the charge for just one line.

I don't have the time, or patience to be calling them several times a month for nothing to be corrected. On top of that, and I'm no xenophobe, but NONE of their customer care has English as a first language and I can never fully understand them, which obviously is a problem for them as well, because they have not gotten anything right. Walmart Family Mobile really screwed up by selling out to TracFone. My last call was just moments ago and let them know that if my dashboard does not show the correct renewal amount a week before it's time to renew, that I will cancel.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Best price for the way my husband and I use our phones. We actually use them as phones and not as minicomputers. Family Mobile is through Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The worst foreign pieces of ** I've ever had to deal with. They kept me on the phone for almost an hour then disconnected me and had to call them back just for them to tell me they won't help me at all! I've had this junk phone for about a month and it is controlling it's self more than I am. It freezes and resets my alarm for me. Won't let me move anything to my memory card. Family Mobile employees are very rude. Never again! Don't start phone service with them it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Do not do business with them. Zero stars not offered. I purchased Walmart Family mobile with 4 phones a few years back (over two years). I did not have problems until they were purchased by another phone company. However I paid my bill every month like clockwork on the 15th. After the buyout they changed my billing date to the 12th of the month. I called complained and wanted the date to be the 15th to match up with pay days... This went nowhere. OK, I pay monthly and adjust my budget accordingly.

Today I find that they charged an account I was using to pay bills in the past automatically and WITHOUT authorization. This charge hit an account that was not prepared for that charge costing me an NSF on top of what they withdrew... I call customer support (1877-440-9758). First support person apologizes and offers to unenroll me from auto pay. Not good enough as I NEVER authorized auto pay. Second support person I speak to apologizes and says it was a system glitch and offers to refund me the $160.77, but says they cannot do anything about the NSF fee. I said this is not acceptable and asked to speak to a supervisor. I then wait roughly 8-10 minutes more for the next person. She apologizes and says she can offer me a month free on ONE phone. All apologies - but really how can one trust doing business with a company that will MISUSE your credit card Information.

Here is my problem: They charged an account 3 days before the account was due. They never had authorization to do so as I never enrolled in auto pay (They stated it was a glitch). No guarantee that the issue will not occur again. Compensation was, “Sorry here is one month Free on one phone...” I can afford to pay my bills. I don't want you TOUCHING my accounts without authorization. I move money between accounts Just to prevent this type of UNAUTHORIZED access from occurring. Poor customer support. Unethical business practices as I know I am not the only one that has complained about this. Canceling cards to prevent further access and will change phone services. Enough is enough. My question is HOW can business be allowed to do this?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I called customer service today 20 times exact to speak with a supervisor. They changed the prices again for the 3rd month in a row now. I call in and ask why different prices on each phone when they all have the same plan. No one could answer why. The supervisor did not know why and claimed, "You must have overpaid." I said, "No. I paid what was exactly owed last month." He said, "Well I'm not sure. Maybe it will be corrected next bill." I asked, "So you're saying bill will be different now on 4th month?" He said, "I cannot tell you that till your next bill." This was a good company till they sold out. Now the new company don't know anything about issue you call about not even billing. If you are looking to use this company, DON'T... I cannot believe Wal-Mart and T-mobile are letting this company ruin their Name.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Every month my bill is different. They add $10.00 on my bill or they change my plan and told me I would have to call before my renewal and let them know what plan I want. My calls start dropping, I cannot get no help. They act as they do not understand them on two of the phone number. They do not have no history on them, so I do not know what is going on. So I would be paying $80.00 for 1GB for one phone with a Family Mobile service and it’s suppose to be 3 numbers (line) on 1 account for $67.00 that is with the $5.00 discount for additional line with better service. And I suppose they got the same service because when I call the call drop or they was just holding the phone.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information

T-Mobile
wm6.walmart.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use