3.9/5 (518 ratings)

About Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

My cellular service was abruptly disconnected and I called customer service and was on the phone with him for over an hour trying to figure out what was going on. The customer service Representatives that answer the phone were from India and were very difficult to understand due to their heavy Indian accent. Keep in mind this was after I paid my bills so now I'm out 51 dollars and 34 cents. When I called and asked why my service was disconnected they said it was because the SIM card that I had was out of date and I needed to get a new SIM card to going along with their T-Mobile. No I don't have cellular service and I can't call or text anyone for the next one to three days until the SIM card arrives in the mail. Absolutely terrible customer service. The only reason I gave him one star was because I couldn't give them zero.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I got a good one for ya. I made a grocery order on Walmart.com. I used my EBT card to pay. It sent me to the ebt site and I put in my pin #. Next day I picked up my groceries, came home and checked my bank account. I had received an alert from my bank for a charge. IT WAS WALMART! Not only did it put my account in the red but I now can't pay my electric bill that is already past due. Even with the threat of my electricity being shut off, Walmart couldn't or wouldn't fix the problem. The error was made on their end and I'm going to most likely be without heat this winter. The billing dept. was no help and unsympathetic. Please be sure to remove any other forms of payment if you use Walmart.com. They don't care and you will pay the hefty price literally.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Omg this has been an awful experience, I transferred my number over and the SIM card I bought was broken. They do told me I was going to have to be a new one, after some back and forth they offered to send me a new one for free. I called back a few days later and they never shipped it out so then they transferred me to a manager who was supposed to overnight one and he said he couldn’t help at all. This has been a ** nightmare and a complete waste of time and now I can’t even transfer my number that I have had for 13 years!!! Because they can’t text me because they sim doesn’t work and they won’t send a new. Trash company! Don’t waste your time.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I've had the service for 4 years. Two months ago I was forced to get the t mobile sim card. Ever since my internet hasn't worked. Every time I call they lie bout what's going on, tell me they are fixing it and then hang up. Useless.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I’ve been using Family Mobile since September 2021. Fast, reliable, and affordable service. Plenty of prepaid phones to choose from. Definitely a competitor to other big known carriers. If you want something cheap and reliable family mobile is the way to go.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I paid my phone bill last month. I thought maybe I used my data, recently started a new job that I use my phone at all times. I went online bought the unlimited data talk text etc. My phone was very slow, I put in a SD/memory card. Apps I use for work won't open. They load but not all the way. Works fine with wifi. Even connected to a friend's Hotspot, with the same Walmart family mobile phone and data plan. Phone works fine.

I got on a chat with Walmart family mobile. They told me to download over wifi. I told them I don't have an issue with my wifi. My issue is with my data plan that I should be able to use it without wifi. Then they told me that I needed a SIM card. For what? Because SOME customers are now part of the Verizon Volt program. So they take my payments for a service that I am not receiving. When were they going to notify me? What about my job that I need internet when wifi is not available. What about the money I lost and spent? They do not issue refunds.

They also do not inform their customers that their cell phone service has merged, that the plan you just paid for is not going to work. This is beyond poor customer service, this is fraudulent negligence and ridiculous to think they can do this. I bet if I went online right now they would accept another payment on a service they are no longer providing with no mention to customers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Do you like spam calls day and night? If so this service is for you. If you prefer to be awakened at 2 am to talk about your cars extended warranty you're in the right place. In addition expect debt collectors from the last 5 deadbeats that owned your number to be calling you constantly to try to get them to stop being a parasite and pay their bills. Any other option is a better option. This service could not be worse.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I bought a sim kit which came with a monthly plan for 40. It was a good price I thought anyways. So I bring it home, put it in my Samsung Galaxy 10 that I own and is unlocked and the sim wouldn't work. So I called the customer service line on someone else's phone since mine wasn't working so after many different agents I got a very nice man in technical support and he did his best but couldn't help me so he told me to call back cause there might be a chance that even though on their end my phone was active it might not yet be active in my phone yet?? Yeah ok..so I went and bought another phone. Just a cheap Moto GGo phone and I bring it home, put the sim in and it says no sim card found. So I call and I get tossed around from agent to agent till the one last tells me I need to take the phone back to the store. I said, "Huh?"

She said, "Yeah if they will take it back you need to replace it with a different moto phone cause that one isn't working.." So I told her I can't just take the phone back and just buy another one. This is the second phone I tried it in and I still have never used my service.. So she starts going over everything again and finally says, "Well maybe go buy another sim card.." So now I'm getting upset so I said, "So you told me to go buy another phone and now you're telling me to go buy another sim card while I sit here with 2 phones and I sim card that don't work on your network?" I said, "No I can't go buy another phone or another sim card for a service I've never even got to experience.." So she transfers me to her supervisor Kia..So Kia decided to tell me that my Samsung won't work because the sim card has expired.

I said, "What do you mean?" She goes on to tell me that when I bought the phone through the original company Total Wireless the sim card is now expired.. I said, "Um I don't know who Total Wireless is but unless they own Samsung I didn't have a total wireless phone.." She goes on to tell me that I did indeed and argued with me in a very condescending tone as I told her I bought my phone through Samsung and she said they don't handle the service. They are just a manufacturer..Now of course I know what and who Samsung is so imagine my surprise to be told I don't know who I bought my phone from lol. So this argument went on for a while as I had to have her repeat what she was saying over and over again cause I couldn't understand her..so she tells me the sim card expired since the last time I used the phone..

I told her, "Excuse me I just had Boost mobile before I decided to try Walmart" and I guess I insulted her because she let me know that Walmart does not own Walmart Family Mobile. They just sell it, they have nothing to do with the service..so I said, "So I'm people bought these plans thinking we are going through Walmart but we get in some little company instead.." She says, "My we are not a little company. We are TracFone and started to tell me about TracFone..so I stopped her and said, "Yes I know TracFone. They're in the Family Dollar stores, and my phone has not been off for over a year. It worked just fine through boost.. So she tells me, "Then you try to register your phone with them then.." So now I'm mad I said, "So first I'm told to go buy another phone then another sim card and now I'm told to go get different service while still hiding my phone that has no service and not one refund in sight?!"

So I told her, "No I won't go buy another phone. No I won't go buy another sim card and no I won't go get another service until I get my money back.." "I'm sorry no refunds," she says..I asked for her supervisor..when I was told Ms Kia of TracFone is the highest at the company there is no one higher than her so I could either have someone call me back or I could hang up and call back.. I said, "Why can't you just transfer me?" "Can't transfer out but who would I transfer you out to anyways you won't get anyone higher than me.." So I said, "You're telling me technical support is the highest level in the TracFone company?" And she says yeah so I said, "Who's your boss?" She said, "I can't give that out nor the number.They don't take calls so there's no use.."

So now my amusement has hit its limit and I said, "So out of the whole company your what keeps that company together cause there's no one higher than Kia of technical support for Walmart family mobile? Huh?" She says, "Well I'm not the owner but for my department I'm the highest.." So I said, "Transfer me to any other department that isn't you.." And for another 10 mins she gaslighted me into every excuse why she couldn't then insulted me by saying, "You just can't understand this level of communication.." So I told her, "Excuse me but when in the IMEI number lists my occupation? How do you know what I understand about anything other than my phone isn't working and I never got a refund!" She hmmmed and hmmmed and I said, "Transfer me to someone else now.."

She said, "I told you there's no reason to. They will tell you the same thing." I said, "What company does Tracfone go through?" She said, "All of them." I said, "Ok which one for my phone if I had service?" She says, "I told you TracFone." I said, "No is it Tmobile, Verizon or AT&T?" She says, "All of them. I am the boss of all the companies so there's no use.." I laughed and said, "Ok I know there's someone above your head and trust me I will find them." She said they don't listen to the calls. They don't take calls...I was done at that moment so I told her I'll just call the corporate office then and hung up.. After I got off the phone I looked up the company and it is own by Walmart not TracFone and TMobile is who I would be using if I had service..Long story short I'm on hold to someone higher than Kia right now...Save yourself the hassle.. if it sounds too good to be true then Kia probably works there..Lol.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

So I have a 3 phone plan with Walmart Family Mobile. I've never had an issue. Then comes Aug 2022 I had a phone get damaged (water). I had the protection plan through All-State. They tell me to go get the phone fixed locally and they will reimburse me. So I did it. The phone was fixed but the network still wasn't working so I called WFM customer service. From Aug 10th until Sept 8th I've called 11 times. Every time I asked for a supervisor or higher up the call was disconnected, supervisor wasn't available or their systems went down.

I was told the first time it was the sim card and I didn't qualify for a replacement so I asked if I just had to buy the kit. They said yes because I had paid my plan for the month and the number was still active so I did. The sim came. I went to activate it and didn't work. I had to call again. They said I had to buy a service plan. I told them no because the number was already connected to a paid for monthly service plan. When I got upset the call was "disconnected". I called many other times and nothing. No help. The last time I called the person had me factory reset my phone 3 times then said, "Keep the phone on and tomorrow at 9pm we will call you and if the phone still isn't working we will send you a shipping label and we will send you a new phone."

Well 9pm the next night comes, I get the phone call and I talk to the person. They tell me I don't qualify for the phone replacement. I again ask for a supervisor. I get transferred then the call gets dropped. Each time I called each of the 11 times I was on the phone from 1-2 hrs each time. I have to find a new provider and yes WFM is cheaper. It's all I can afford but it's not worth the stress level and anxiety I deal with. I wish I could sue them. Horrible horrible horrible.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

They failed to provide me with a receipt of purchase. They need to change the call center, I do not believe it was because they could not provide a bill, I think it is because they do not know how. Unfortunately, this is illegal and they have lost my business. A business must provide proof of purchase of a bill over 75$ within 7 days from the requested date. A business marketed to Americans should be able to speak articulate English, it is the most common language in the world.

A business this size should be able to provide a bill within minutes of a request, not completely have no clue how and then hang up. This shows vast disarray, which only further supports my claim that they are completely illegitimate. They must be in a rush to get through a call because they repeated the same actions with multiple employees. They authenticate you and then they want to get off the phone immediately, must be about showing they have a certain amount of calls per day more than anything else. They have no quality control, pointless to call. DO NOT waste your time.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information