Walmart Family Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hello everyone. No help from Walmart Family Mobile customer relations. I have used their services for 3 different lines going on 4 years. I purchased a "web pack" before family mobile decided to change the name to "extra pack". The "web pack" was to only access the web. One day I noticed the 3 phone lines wasn't able to access the web, I just thought at the time we must have used all of the data really fast so I called Family Mobile to have all 3 lines on "unlimited plan". That way we didn't have to purchase a web pack.

Well yesterday I called Family Mobile and a representative informed me about what plan I have and out of nowhere he also said I had $55.66 on a "extra pack". I asked what was a "extra pack" and he informed me it once was "web pack" policy has changed and now it is called extra pack just for downloading and international calls. I informed him I didn't know anyone outside the USA to make international calls and my household does not download. I also informed him the reason I changes all 3 lines to unlimited is because I thought we used all the data, when really policy changed before I can use the remaining of my web pack to "extra pack" international calls and downloads only. I asked to be credited my $55.66 since they never informed me and also I bought the "web pack" before policy changed.

I contacted customer relations and 4 different people emailed me with the same bs. The Extra pack is non refundable... I told them I purchased the web pack never extra pack and they changed policy before I had the chance to use it. So much bs. I contacted Walmart Corporate since I bought it from them and they took an incident number and emailed Family Mobile. I am to call back in 48 hrs... If things are not resolved Walmart Corporate would handle it. Needless to say Family Mobile customer relations did not do any good emailing and waste of time. Please contact Walmart Corporate 1800WALMART. They are better help.

I was a customer with Walmart Family Mobile for years and I just ended service on the February 20th and my next bill was due on March 5th. I left them because they was changing some of the service and raising my bill. It to due with the data what I always had to add extra money for anyways, because it was not part of the plan for data to be included, you always to add extra money to have data. They are saying I owe for a full month when I have paid the bill every month. They also claim that the bill was always one month behind (which no company does that). I still would not own them a full month even if that was the case. When talking to customer service they always remind to watch your language even you are not using profanity. When you ask to talk to a supervisor they'll not let you.

The customer service is one of the worst I've ever dealt with in my life and I very highly recommend that you never use this cell phone provider ever because is so hard to get out of the agreement that is a no contract. They're not very honest when they tried to get an extra month out of you when you've ended your service. Also customer service does not have a number that you press. When you've already cancelled your service they try to get you to stay with them by reinstating your plan. They need to be taken out of business if they cannot respect and honor their customers and listen to their customers. They demand respect the whole time you're talking to them but they don't have to give you respect. In return they treat you like you're stupid. If I could I would give them 0 Stars. I am now with a new provider and the bill is much lower. But they say I still owe them a full month payment which is not right.

So I purchased the 10 gb plan. My month is up. Never hit my limit. Pay my bill for next month and the very next morning it says I am over my limit at only 1 gig. So I call and ask why I am throttled when I just started a new month. I was informed even though I just paid and started new month my data was 2 weeks behind, so I just paid full price for 10 gigs of data but will only have it after the first half of the month is gone. Utter and absolute garbage. When you pay for your new month limits should be reset with the billing cycle, not another different date for data. I will be going back to mobile as soon as this rip off of a month is gone. Pay for 10 gigs but stay throttled for the first half of the cycle. Would suggest anyone stay away from Wal-Mart mobile. It is a scam and you have to deal with an Indian call center who can't speak English and offers zero help.

December 10, 2016, we purchased a phone from Walmart for our ten year old son. We paid $50 plus dollars and paid the activation fee. Our total was $92.00 or something close to that. The phone worked good for about the two weeks and it quit working. We then tried to resolve the matter with Family Mobile thinking they could resolve our concerns by offering to replace the phone or give us a credit to purchase a new phone. By this time the fifteen days were over and Walmart wouldn't accept the phone back and could offer no other solutions except to contact Family Mobile which we had already done. The main problem is no matter how hard you try you can't understand most of the representatives. They told us to master reset the phone which we had already done but in doing so another customer's email address showed up and wouldn't allow us to enter in our information.

Needless to say we had a refurbished phone. We were told to contact the manufacturer which made no sense because they just make and sell the phone. They don't troubleshoot the phones. We were told to go to the internet and search how to properly master reset a phone by a supervisor because they couldn't provide the steps. So we just asked them to cancel and we would take the loss. Today 3/8/17, we get a bill for $46.78 and we cancelled over thirty days ago. When we call the representative stated we owe the money for a phone that only worked two weeks. I asked him to look into the system and checked the usage. I might as well asked him to jump off a bridge. He gave us the instructions to send a dispute into customer relations to creditrequest@familymobile.com which we had already done on 2/5/17.

The dispute was supposed to have been resolved in 5 days. When I pointed this out to the representative he said that he would send a dispute and I should send another. "Can I get paid for doing your job?" He then said I will need to call back on 3/17/17 for the outcome. Wait What!!! So I am against a brick wall and must again follow the representative's advice. The other thing is you can never speak with a supervisor or manager. Now we can only sit back and hope that this matter will be resolved within the five days.

We will never use Family Mobile ever again. We will not suggest it to our friends or family. We have since gotten a new phone which works like a charm but it's not with family mobile. Family mobile is by far the worst cellphone company there is!!! Save yourself time, money and a major headache by not selecting them!!! If I could only go back in time and make a better decision I would have save over a $150.00. T-Mobile and Walmart should be ashamed for promoting this line of phones. I have been trying to research their corporate department to send a letter to them and I have yet to find anything. I will be sending a letter to the Better Business Bureau if I can find out what state their corporate office is in.

We were looking for a new phone for our daughter and a Walmart employee recommended the Family Mobile as a "Pay-as-You-Go" plan because they were very affordable. The bill was more than I was originally paying with Net10 ($15 vs. $42+/monthly). So her phone finally died and we were not able to use my old phone with the Family Mobile plan so we changed it to AT&T. I tried to cancel the Walmart Family Mobile via website but when I tried to log in the account had been cancelled already. So I figured I would get a partial bill from 12/17/2016 until 1/4/2017. When we received the final bill, it was for the total amount. So I called into customer service, talked with a fellow and he said that I would receive an adjusted bill.

I just received the replacement invoice and it was for the same amount. When I called in this morning, the rep said... "We regret to inform you..." I was like, "Why didn't you mail that "Regret" letter to me instead of a collection letter." I was quite pissed at this point so I hung up on the girl. I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor. I had to go through the whole "confirm your account" thing and waited on hold for about 15 minutes (I'm sure they do this to encourage you to hang up). Then Sam, the supervisor, got on the line. I explained the whole thing again and he said, "it's your responsibility to close the account." I was like, "how could I do that when you already closed it for me?"

He credited me the partial charges and I was going to write a check and mail it off but he said, that "we do not accept check for payment." You can make one on the phone for an additional $5.00 or go to the store and they will charge you an additional $0.88 to make the payment in the store. Of course you can always make a payment online... Oh! But wait, you canceled my account online so I cannot make a payment there. Now I have to take time out of my day, AGAIN, and go to Walmart to pay the final payment.

In short, Walmart Family Mobile is not worth your time. Thanks again AT&T for wonderful customer service. We'll stick with you or go back to Net10. Never again will I use Walmart Family Mobile and I will never recommend them to anyone either. I am not one to write reviews like this but they are probably the worst Mobile provider and I can see why they have one star review. It's a wonder they do not have a negative star review. I wish they were allowed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

I am now on my second month of having service with Walmart Family Mobile. So far I could not be happier with the service. I am absolutely flabbergasted at the reviews people have left on here. You know what? Pay your bill on time. Like other responsible people do. If you can't afford your phone, cancel the service. It just shows how every problem anybody has in this world nowadays is somebody else's fault not their own. Accept responsibility for your issues. My favorite review is the guy on here who was complaining about the big evil taking over the government Walmart! LOL! Dude, if you thought it was such an evil company why did you sign up for service with them? I assume you're not a rocket scientist? I say we start up a petition not against Walmart like you want to but against people like you and make you go back and get more than a third grade education.

The more reviews I read on here the more I realize how much these people have such a sense of entitlement coming to them for some reason or another. Well you don't. And if you don't pay your bill they're going to cut your phone service off. It's not that confusing. And yes when you call it might be someone from India or something like that but just don't have a bad attitude and it'll go a lot better I guarantee it. Because I'm sure when that phone hangs up they're thinking just the same about you as you are about them.

Only uses 10% of T-Mobile's network and this can be seen when a WFM phone and a T-Mobile phone are right next to each other. The WFM phone always has a weaker signal, and even when I pop the WFM SIM card into the T-Mobile Phone (both phones are factory unlocked) the phone picks up a weaker signal from WFM than it did T-Mobile! My fiance eventually got tired of this and tried to port her number over with me on T-Mobile to take advantage of their $150 tax time deal, and WFM is locking her number down and refusing to port it, this is confirmed when I contacted T-Mobile and they said the port request was rejected. Her account is in good standing and running #BAL# showed that she currently owes no balance. Now because of WFM she might not be able to get the promo from T-Mobile.

I had three phones. One I canceled and they never canceled. They charge you a month in advance whether you use the service or not. I had to pay an extra month for a phone I did not use. Two of my phones had cracked screens because they are sooo cheap. I had one of the sim card quit working. Again I had to pay for a phone not in use. They have 5 charges on each line if you miss the payment date by even a single day. The reps are from India and are hard to understand. They lie about their fees. Even when you ask directly if there will be fees they say "no". So read your contract with a fine toothed comb. They are rude disrespectful and unhelpful. RUNNN.

I requested the 39$ plan. They charged me 5 months close to 60. Called almost daily. Finally 2 weeks ago a foreigner was customer service in foreign country said they can't do anything about bill and there is no number to call. Walmart can't help you either. I wrote several times but never got refunded. In fact I was told thru emails I never contacted them and I had 5 months in a row but you can't talk with anyone. Can't believe Walmart would even sell such crap.

I really find it interesting that there are so many recent bad reviews for WFM especially because I work for a company that vsourcing their work to pay someone in Pakistan one American dollar for a whole days work but they are also unavailable 50% of the time and the only thing you can get help from is a damn automated system. At least my employer is open 24 hours a day so you can always talk to a like person. Pretty sure every cell phone company besides WFM has a 24 hour line. Then on top of cutting all of those corners WFM is a ** scam. Whoever is running the place is a crook. I have never had amazing experience using WFM internet. I like to live stream but I can't successfully do it because the speed is awfully slow. Today is February 19 and I paid my last bill on 2/17, TWO DAYS ago. My internet is acting even slower than normal which is beyond frustrating so I call their 1800 number and I can't even get a live person on the phone.

My online account says I went over my usage which I didn't in 2 ** days and also why don't you offer unlimited??? Your plans suck. You're overpriced. Your internet speed sucks. Who goes over their data usage in 2 days? Ripping people off WFM. Then the automated system says I have to wait until my next billing cycle to get more data??? Are you kidding? A month without internet? I might as well throw this phone in the garbage. Honestly I am nervous about canceling with WFM because of all of the very recent horror stories that I've read. I'll be damned if I pay for a service I'm not getting. Outsourced ** agents better realize that when I want to cancel I better not see a damn bill. I'm sure another review about my cancellation will follow. To be continued.

My issue stems from their suspended line policies. Now for the record the first 2 years of my service I paid $15 a WEEK, overpaying by like about $10 a month and eventually having a bill that says, "you owe nothing". Now I had some financial setbacks and changed jobs forcing me to end my practice of overpaying every month. First time my bill is late they partially suspend it, I'm like ok, whatever (this happens a couple my times). Flash forward a few of years and I lost my job due to a car wreck and I'm playing bill catch up for the last 5 months. Now every month I'm a week or two late paying my phone bill and every month they suspend my account (the very next day of bill due) and don't turn it back on unto I pay it.

I get that I should pay my bill on time and that nobody owes me anything or has to help me, but if you charge me a monthly rate and suspend it for 2 weeks every month then why should I pay for a full month if I only use half. I know I should pay it on time, but that is not right to charge for services denied. Why not prorate me or charge a fee, but wait they do charge me a fee to cut it back on after I couldn't use it for 2 weeks. After I pay the bill I have about 2 weeks of use before the next bill is due and I'm taking out loans and small part-time work to get by while trying to prioritize my bills by need.

This needs to change. I know I should be better at paying my bills and I'm trying, but they should act better too and stop preying on poor people. That last sentence makes me seem like one of those people who blames everyone else, but they showed their hand when they started cutting my phone off the very next day instead of 3 to 4 days later like they use to, which didn't start until I called them asking if they could give me one more day because I was expecting a employment call that was my lifeline I needed and explained my current situation that led to the last couple late payments. The very next month they started suspending it the next day after payment is due.

I was with AT&T for over 10 Years. The bill every month would change and so I was always stuck calling customer service to have it fixed. Finally, I was over it. The bill kept going higher and higher and changing! I have been with Family Mobile for a year. I just added my 2 children. For 3 lines with unlimited talk and text it is $75!! Plus tax (of Course). But the main reason for the review is because my identity was stolen and I was unable to pay my monthly bill. I had NO ACCESS to my funds until new Credit Cards were mailed to me (which was 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS!). Family Mobile extended my service for almost two weeks until I was able to pay. They did not hassle me and actually "Wished me the best and hoped everything worked out and that some things are out of our control." I would recommend them to anyone

I purchased my phone in Nov. Went online, activated the phone and added a $39.99 plan monthly. They keep sending me bills for $54.08. I called customer service on January 24th. The rep hardly speaks English, very hard to communicate. I did ask him for the $39.99 plan. According to him February's bill will be $39.99. I received a bill for February $54.08.

After moving back from Kentucky, where I was serviced wonderfully with the Walmart Family mobile that ran off of a prepaid AT&T I switched to Family Mobile up here which runs off a monthly billed service through T-Mobile. My husband bought sim cards in store, and brought them home to use in existing phones. The sims were $25 each, I believe. I watched him pop the sims out, put them in, and activate them. I heard him talking to a gentleman in regards to our phones to figure out how we needed to pay and such. I specifically had him ask the gentleman while I was listening that web was included only on his.

I use my phone frequently on wifi, as I am connected at work and at home. I've found prior that to use GPS I can activate the maps at home before I leave, and it won't lose signal after I leave as long as I've allowed it to load completely. Unfortunately, due to this, I never realized that my phone did indeed have internet on it. After a couple weeks, he stopped using his phone, as to having no signal at work, although we had signal at the house. I work about 40 minutes east of him, and received fair signal there and at the house, so I decided to keep service.

Used to prepaid, I waited until we rec. the first bill, and called to cancel his line and ask about the bill as it was more than I expected. This was January 4th. The lady I spoke with assured me I would not be billed for the 4 days of service on his phone. I asked about the bill, and she told me that we were BOTH paying for web. I told him I specifically was set-up without web, and asked her to remove it. She assured me I would not be charged for web. As to whether she meant the last 4 days, or the entire time, I can't pretend to know at this point. She told me to call again and talk to them if there were any other errors as it would take some time to show up on the account.

My bill was due on the 16th of January. I called in a couple days prior and spoke with a man to ask about the bill before I paid. I wanted to make sure that my husband's line was canceled and that my line did NOT have internet. After he reviewed my account, he informed me that my line NEVER had internet. I specifically told him that the girl I spoke with on the 4th told me I DID have web, and asked him why she would have said this. He repeated I never had web, was NEVER charged for web, and that he had no clue why she said that to me. After feeling reassured that everything was OK I paid.

This month, for the bill due on February I received a bill for $40 and some. My bill is supposed to be $25 text and talk ONLY. I called in, spoke with a girl again, and she told me I was charged for internet for 2 lines for the first 4 days until I called, and that I had been also charged for service on his for that time frame. I told her I was told I didn't have internet, and when we set up the phones, we never called in to activate. I asked to speak with a manager. Her manager told me that I was lying, I had only called on the 4th, that we had set up the phone in store, and had not called in after receiving the sims, nor before paying my bill.

I asked her why I had been lied to about having web/not having web, and all the other conflicting issues and all she could tell me is "I don't know". When I asked her about the one girl on the 4th saying she would correct the bill, the manager told me they cannot do that, and all she had done was sent in a request about internet on my phone. When I explained what I had actually asked for, the manager kept interrupting me, and told me that whether they submit the correct information or not, they will, and can, only submit a request once. She refused to answer any questions about the other calls I made (as she refused to admit they had ever happened), and told me she couldn't help.

As all she was doing was interrupting me and not listening to a word I say (which she was struggling to understand), I asked her if I could speak to someone else (hoping to get someone who would at least listen instead of interrupting me). She refused to make any effort, and told me she couldn't make a transfer. She told me I could email the billing department and never once offer any apology for the fact that I was misled and lied to by each of the employees I spoke with. (Why would she? She was convinced I had only talked to the ONE prior because no one else recorded the calls!)

I emailed the complaints/billing department and summarized what had happened in about a paragraph. They took twice as long as they said they would to reply to my issue, all I was given was a short email that didn't address any of my issues, or explained what I had actually been billed for, and merely said they could not approve any adjustments on my account... I don't understand what is going on, or why I have been told 3 different stories, but none of them will take any responsibility and due to that I will be boycotting any further service with them. As a side note - I have worked in customer service for 5 years, so I understand how difficult it can be and have always been more than kind when speaking with people over the phone. The way I was treated and misled is unacceptable.

I just brought a Family Mobile from Walmart. I had it long time ago and I had to discontinue because of Financial issues. I decided to go back to them. I had the phone one day and I can receive just land-line numbers not cell phone numbers. It goes straight to voice mail. I went to Walmart and ask him a question and he tells me there is nothing he can do. I like my phone, but the service is not good.

Walmart Family Mobile T-Mobile is a scam. I canceled my service in November 2016 and paid my last bill. I then received another bill stating I owed an additional month's payment. I complained that I had already paid, but decided to just go to Walmart, pay again and be done with it. Yesterday, I received another bill. I called and complained again. They told me that I needed to send them a copy of the receipt otherwise they couldn't help me. Unfortunately, I did not keep it. I paid again over the phone and received a confirmation number. I am expecting another bill next bill in February 2017. I hope that the confirmation number will be accepted this time.

I have had 3 phone lines with Walmart for a while. I prepaid for all 3 lines in which were prorated for the first month. Since I started service mid-month I prepay every month prior to service. Well my daughter got an iPhone for Christmas with another company so I called to have her line with Wal-Mart cancelled in Dec. The customer service rep could hardly speak English. He told me I still be charged full amount for the line. I ask him to explain to me why I would have to pay for a phone we won't even have. He tried to explain to me that I had been misled at the time of activation and that I hadn't prepaid. At this point I am completely confused. He told me that he would take care of this and it happens a lot.

Well I still need the two other lines. I only need one cancelled. Well Jan I see I'm being billed 2nd time for a line I had cancelled and has no service. I called again. This rep was a women asking me to email customer relations. I did and no success. I am still being charged. This is the worst company ever and now we have no phone service.

I got Family Talk Walmart for my children. Back in September my son lost his phone so when the bill was due in October I told the customer service representative that I wanted to disconnect the line for the phone that was lost, was told that since they bill in advance that I would have to pay for October but by November it would be taken off. Come November I received a full bill for both lines, called CS back and was told that there were no notes for the request.

Spoke with a supervisor who advised that the department that handles the request are through email only and advised that he would send the request over again and get it taken care of. Which means that was the second month that I paid for service on a phone that no one is using. Come December I get another bill and was told that the department that handles adjustments denied the request to suspend the line. I will never pay another bill with this company. I advise you not even buy into the "FAMILY" word as they are ripping people off.

As usual Walmart try to destroy businesses but they master the art of deceit. Before Christmas I decided to switch to Walmart Family Mobile which I didn't want to because I can't stand Walmart and what they do to our communities. Anyway I said let me try one of the notorious deals. Walmart partnered with T-Mobile to provide one of the most notorious deals on the market which I’ve been 7+ years a prepaid customer for T-Mobile they couldn't provide me as a loyal customer. I went to all Walmart in Bakersfield, CA and none of them carried the nano SIM card, so I bought the micro nano and I said I'll cut the SIM card to fit my phone. I took a SIM card for $5 plus tax, $50 prepaid card. Notice this part. The service from Walmart is $49.98. "Ridiculous". All change leftovers they take from you by force. Pennies for you. Not a big deal, but for a company that serves millions it is a big deal. I paid and went home.

To my surprise the SIM card is exactly made for that size, not flexible for cutting which is effing ridiculous. It's Christmas time and I wasted my money on nothing. And driving around my city took me to go to all Walmart including time wasted searching inside each store for a nano SIM card about 2-3 hours plus gas waste. Then after going online and searching Walmart says out of stock and available in stores only. Okay not all stores have time to go into small details. Who cares for a nano SIM card. WRONG. Most phones now come out with NANO SIM CARD buddy.

To my stupidity and trusting the notorious misleading MF Walmart, I already went online and activated the service. I needed the SIM card to be inserted as part of the activation and then I figured that the SIM card non modifiable which means a normal SIM card should have the ability to be cut. I'm paying for it for God sake. You even wanna control my freedom to do whatever I want to do with my sim card??? Why the ** even do that? So effing ridiculous.

Anyways I ditched it. I said ** Walmart and ** prepaid services, and shame on America to even let companies control us. Go to other countries and see the freedom you have to do things your way as a paying effing customer. So furious. Read now the most ridiculous event ever happened that made me wanna go EFF UP Walmart. I didn't use the service right??? And it was supposed to be prepaid. I receive a hideous letter by mail that I owe Walmart Family Mobile money. For what? For service and the amount 33.83. So the service should've been $33.83 what it cost them.

I called these MFs. I was notified that Family Mobile is a post paid service. Post paid service and I didn't buy your phone SO YOU CAN SCREW ME? IT'S BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE PLAN BYOD, WHICH MEANS PREPAID. Who let these MFs get away with so much illegal and misleading things and they misrepresent America. They're a disgrace to our country. So I asked the polite and sweet lady over the phone to cancel the service and I was respectful to her cause she work for EVIL CORP. She said “Please call us back after a week to confirm. That's how it works.” I said here we go in my mind. I thanked the lady and I said let's see what's gonna happen, because they know it's illegal, but people forget. Not me buddy.

A CALL FOR EVERYBODY TO CALL FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST EVIL CORP. I'm tired of this crap. They think they can control us? UP YOURS MFs. Problems and misleading events: BYOD is prepaid but they claim it's post paid. SIM cards not available for all phones. SIM cards should be modifiable. SIM card should be precut for three sizes already. Service shouldn't ask for SSN. Price of service is less than the monthly prepaid card which is $25 or $50, $100. SIM card availability in stores. SIM card availability in stores in real time. Price of SIM card, if it was post paid why we have to pay for it? It's an incentive for customers to sign up. I'm sick and tired of all this BS Walmart puts us through.

Originally we had no problems until the second phone was lost, it was canceled but never removed from our account. Didn't find this out till I bought a new phone to be added to my husband's primary phone. When I tried to do it online it was charging us for the canceled phone, so we called up and that's where the nightmare began. Both phones had emergency calls only. Turns out they gave my Sim my husband's number! They said it would take 24 hours to reverse the Sims with correct numbers. That was 5 days ago. The non-speaking English reps had no clue what they're doing. I need to speak to someone English to get this sorted because we are going round in circles and still neither cell works!! What a carry on for such a simple thing. Please spend an extra a few bucks and get competent customer service! In dreading calling back up because I know they're clueless!!

Around mid to end October I paid my monthly amount. A few days later the charger port broke. The phone died and I was unable to get it back on. I went to the local Walmart and asked for help. I was told there was nothing that could be done. I ended up spending over $200 on another phone and plan. Now I'm receiving bills on the walker family plan phone that has been cancelled. It was supposed to have been taken care of by the Walmart employee since I couldn't get into the WFP account. They reviewed my request to remove the charge... and denied it claiming I was still using it for a month after it broke. It's impossible to use a phone that won't power on. So they basically called me a liar even though their employer and half of my household are witnesses. Walmart family plan is a horrible plan and will have to deal with my lawyer before receiving any dollar amount for their faulty product.

I was totally mislead by the sales person, about what I was to expect using this plan. After only a few weeks beyond the 2 free weeks I was told I had reached my limit of data usage, (high speed data they called it). I was subsequently dropped down to Mega bytes, and have since been unable to use the internet as I had been able to do up until then. The speed appears to be too slow for any pages except google, who is tied into the phone itself. I can make phone calls but that is not what I got this for. I have no wifi in my area I can afford, and this was a reasonably priced alternative. But now I may never again be able to use the internet as no pages can load at these low speeds. Basically I was told little and the paperwork which came with the plan had little to help either. Online and via phone help was impossible to get any helpful info from.

I was a WFM customer for many years. Their plan is substandard compared to a Team Mobile plan, however, their service uses the Team Mobile network so I was basically satisfied for basic phone service. I then had an occasion to travel out of country and so I wanted to be able to utilize the WIFI feature of my phone. WFM did not offer that capability so I signed up with a standard Team Mobile plan which includes that capability. Upon my return, I was planning on going back to WFM. Instead, I found a Final Notice which included a threat to turn me over to collections if my final bill of $12.80 (for apparently a couple of days of service) was not paid within 10 days of the letter's date which was mailed out 10 days after the due date of the payment that was originally billed to me while I was out of the country.

I tried to go online to pay the bill only to find out they had terminated my online account so that I could not pay them online. The letter gave a number to call to pay, so I called the number. The automated system asked for my phone number. I input it and said they have no record of that number and did not offer me any other options, such as speaking with a representative. I had to hit 0 several times in order to override the message and have it connect me with a person. When I asked to make the payment, they then told me there would be an extra $5.00 to pay over the phone (something not mentioned in the "Final Notice.") They told me I could avoid the fee if I paid at the store.

I then stopped by the store a couple of days later and they charged me an additional $.88 to pay at the store and made me pay cash, they refused to accept my credit card. Needless to say, even though it costs slightly more (but offers a higher standard of service like including WIFI capability and twice the GB per month as the plan I had with WFM,) I am staying with Team Mobile. WFM can kiss my posterior for their incredibly rude and obnoxious handling of the termination (originally intended of being only temporary) of my account. They should not have terminated my online access to my account until the account was paid off. There simply is no excuse for such poor business practices in my opinion. At minimum, they should have made it easier to pay over the phone and not pay a fee for same since they made it impossible for me to pay online.

I have never question my Walmart Family Mobile since I switch two years ago. Never questioned from a single line charge of $44, then $84 when I added another line back in March 2016. Then on August, the second line had issues with the sim card, and I bought another sim card, had the Walmart tech fix it. The Walmart person could not get the original number back, so he assign a new number. Thought everything was good. Still paying the $84. On Nov. 4th the phone with the new number got suspended for nonpayment. How can that be, when I was paying $84 for two lines.

Went to Walmart, asked one of the techs why the nonpayment. To my surprise, the new number for the second line got a different account number!! I was still paying for the OTHER line that was supposed to be disconnected, and which I thought was replaced by the new phone number. The Walmart person told me to call Family Mobile and see what they could do. So I called, explain what happen. The Family Mobile person disconnected the unused second line (which btw the Walmart person did not do before he issued the new number). I asked if the other account could be place into my main account since that phone number is supposed to be the second line. The Family Mobile person said he will email their customer relation about my situation. I also asked to credit the payments I made prior into the other new phone number. He said he will put that in the email.

November 7th I had a text saying my account had a change. Thinking that they put the second number from the other account into the primary account. The next day, the second phone was cut off for nonpayment. I looked online and noticed that it was only my number. I never really looked at my account after I got the second line months before. The text that was send to me, was for that change but still does not have the other number from the other account. How hard is it to merge two accounts under the same name and being verified by me personally.

To top it off, Family Mobile is charging $79 for one line. Called them again, saying the same thing. And asked why am I being charged for one line at $79. I've talk to a supervisor at this point, and she said she will email customer relation, but the second account still have a nonpayment. Told her that I will not pay the second account, because it was the Walmart tech's fault for putting it in a different account, which I thought I was paying for two phone lines NOT THREE!! Told her that $84 seem like I was paying for THREE LINES! I asked if I could talk to the customer relation myself, and they replied no can! Also I finally really look at my bill... noticed that their bill cycle that I will being paying is for October 11 2016- November 10 2016. So why is my payment due on this coming November 29th? One time I pay my bill one day late, and my phone was cut off the next day on the 30th.

I bought an iPhone from Walmart paying $60 a month for unlimited web text and talk. This is a total rip off as I can never access the web. The only time I can use the web on my phone is only if I'm near a wifi connection. Customer service sucks and so does their tech Dept. Do not buy Walmart service.

I have been with Family Mobile for two years. They have the most incompetent customer service out of any phone company. They are only a vendor for Walmart, they don't have anyone high up that you can contact with a problem. I mailed a messed up phone back to the return center in the summer. They mailed me a phone back without a back to it and told me I was supposed to keep the back from the previous phone, which I was never told that to begin with. The new phone they mailed me was also messed up. The screen had a weird spot on it. So I mailed that phone back for a replacement phone. They guarantee to have your phone back within two weeks. It has now been five weeks and they have NOT returned my phone. They don't know when I'll get it back. The only thing they can say is, "Thank you for being patient." Are you kidding?! What else can I do? I've been put on hold for almost an hour waiting for a supervisor.

I hung up and finally called back, and the lady Grace I spoke with promised to call me back and never did. So, I called again, and have been told the warehouse lost my phone. I've went into Walmart and spoke with the store manager, and she said that Walmart has no authority over Family Mobile. She also told me to take them to Small Claims court to resolve this. I've contacted a lawyer, and think that with this many complaints we should start a Class Action Lawsuit!!! Family Mobile doesn't deserve to be in business.

Walmart Family Mobile is the worse and ripoff company. I cancelled the service on Nov. 1, 2016. My billing end date was Nov. 7, 2016. I port my number out of Family Mobile to Verizon Wireless on Nov 1. Now they are charging me 5 extra days of service that I didn't use. Plus they are the worse carriers. They don't use T-Mobile Towers. They use TracFone Wireless. You get what you paid for. Cheaper the service the crappy services you will get.

I purchased a Family Mobile phone at Walmart in April 2016. The gentleman that activated it told me I get the first month service free, for my bill the next month it was like $38.00. From the first 2 weeks I had the phone I had trouble with service if I went outside of my home. I went 10 miles from my home and I had no signal, at my work my signal would come and go. I called Family Mobile and they told me they couldn't find any issues with my phone so I went to Walmart and asked the rep there how can I switch my service carrier. She called Family Mobile and they told her I had to keep their service for 90 days then I could switch. So in June I switched to T-Mobile.

I went in the Walmart. They in turn had to call Family Mobile to unblock my phone so I could switch then 2 months later I receive a bill saying I owe them for the month of service when I switched to T-Mobile. Wow. I called them and sent an email explaining that how do I owe a bill when I paid month to month service. They told me the first month at time of activation was not free that I paid for that on the second month. They refused to remove this from my account and it is now in collections. They never once told the Walmart rep at time of switching carriers that I would owe any money. This company is a total ripoff. I would advise anyone not to ever use them and from reading the reviews I am not the only one they did this to.

I had Family Mobile for almost two years. In July of this year I changed to other company. They sent me a letter with a charge (I think was the last), and indicating that they regrets my cancellation decision. I proceed to order a credit card payment by phone (for the period of June to July 15), but during the next months they continue sending me the bill with accumulative monthly charges. I call the customer service department and they indicate that was necessary to send and email (they were not able to help me during the call) to the customer relations department.

I sent an Email to the customer relation department, but they didn't answer. Today I call the customer service again, and he explained me that customer relations did not answer me, because the charge of the month proceed. I did not agree with this charge (for a month that I did not use even a single day, my Telephone number was with another company), but I proceed to order a payment, to finish with this nightmare. Family Mobile is not bad, but very, very poor customer service support.

I purchased a phone for a member of my church so they could do job interviews. He did not continue his payment. I received the bill. The statement said they had suspended the service so no calls were made after that date yet they are charging me so I will be paying for time after they cancelled it and no calls were made well into the next month. When I received the bill it said to pay the $45.10 and when I attempted to do that then the amount began to grow. The Walmart representative argue my case over the phone for 15 minutes in full agreement with the fact this was not the way to handle a customer situation. They tried to manipulate her as well until she expressed to them 5 years of experience and knowing what she was talking about then they backed off. Yet I was told I would receive another bill once I left her protective covering. I HIGHLY recommend no one gets in bed with these people because you will not be able to get out.

Updated on 11/16/2016: As stated by many they target low-income. With the help of a Walmart employee who did a wonderful job trying to help me and understood the situation we were able to get it cancelled with a $45.10 payment. While the employee was listening I was told on speakerphone that was the end. I would not be billed any further.

I received another bill for $37.88. Took it to the same employee who called and tried to get it fixed to no avail. Their reasoning was they terminated service to that phone on September 13th. I went in the store and stop service on October 28th. Since they had terminated service the phone could not be in operation or use but the bill was from the 17th to the 28th on paper if you read the 25-page small print contract. Apparently they are right not morally or ethically but contractually. After going through all their hoops and trying everyone I could I ended up paying that additional amount out of our limited Intercity benevolence fund. Walmart does nothing for the community without getting credit for it. They have no desire to serve or help people or create customer relations. I will never shop there again. I obviously will never buy a phone there again and I highly recommend you be very careful with this T-Mobile.

I thank God that I have service personally with another outfit that has treated us as I would expect from someone I do business with. I would have gave no stars but the option wasn't available. I agree with many of the other people. The treatment on the phone with the service Representatives was terrible, disrespectful, unhelpful not only to myself but the rep at Walmart that was trying to help me and who agreed with me. During this process I was lied to twice when I first signed up and the second time when the man accepted my $45 payment and told me and the representative that was all I would owe. Of course when I asked to pull the tape up on the conversation that was not an option. The amazing part to me is how much money I spend in Walmart in a year and for this amount of money they would not only lose me but anyone who will listen to me.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Profile