1.43/5

656 Walmart Family Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I accidentally purchased and the extras pack instead of the one gigabyte of data that I wanted. At the time, they were both $9.99. I did it online and made a mistake. I called customer service several times. I was given some email address and emailed them about my problem. I either wanted a refund or just the one gigabyte of extra data. I could not get any help and was finally told point blank, "too bad. We're not going to do anything about it."

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My phone quit working for no reason at all. First they said I was behind on payment, so my son made another payment and the phone still would not work. Then they told me my sim card did not match the phone, even though it was the sim card in the phone when I bought it. They sent me a new sim card, it still did not work. They said they would send out a replacement phone, yep they did, but for a different provider, Simple Mobile. They cannot transfer it to Family Mobile.

Now they are sending a new sim card that I have to wait another 3-5 business days to get, or I could pay for faster shipping. Yes that is right I can pay for their mistake. I have over 25 hours of phone time in with this company, I have talked to so many different reps, constantly being transferred and they all have different answers. This has been going on for over a month now. If I was not paid up until November I would switch companies. They have to be the worst I have dealt with. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If you want a phone that steals your privacy via system that uses YOUR data allotment to do so, look no further. Have what fun you can configuring it into a useless feedback machine before burying it in Sam **.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was convinced by the in store rep this was the best service and cheapest. After he convinced me my phone only needed one of their sim card kits for each phone in my family and the 100 dollar service card I was ready. This was so far from the truth and after finding out it wouldn't work I returned all of the stuff unopened in less than an hour later. But they refused to refund my 100 for the card even though it hadn't been used and the PIN was not even scratched off. The salesman never pointed out the small print on the back that said no refunds. So I lost 100 on this huge mistake. Never trust Wal-Mart or their week sales people, they rarely know what they're talking about! This is why so many hate Wal-Mart, their customer service sucks and is extremely lacking.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I started out with this company in 2013. Once they switched over to TracFone I've been having billing issues and the customer service sucks. I truly can say I hate them and the lies and deceit from the reps aren't worth the price. No one could tell me how a bill that was printed and due on the 24th changed from $68 to $100 on the 22nd within me logging into my account two hours apart from one another. I spoke with many reps and told one manager I know for a fact that you can't change a bill that's already printed and two days from being due from one price to another. Even said look thru my billing history and pull my account and you will see all my details.

The manager claimed to not see anything and deleted my whole account and told me I'd have to pay $100 by the 24th to keep service. Logged into my account. My payment history and all has been deleted. They will get no more money from me. They have turned into crooks. They're hiring illiterate people to add bogus charges, destroy your accounts, provide poor customer service, and just plain out lie. I mean no one has the same answer as if they're unable to see the same screens. I wish this company goes bankrupt in the USA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I would never refer anyone to this company, given the problems I experienced with customer service. The customer service staff with this company are inexperienced, to say the least. After spending over 40 dollars to switch plans, which I was told my phone was compatible and buying an activation kit and a phone plan, I was told my phone was not compatible to switch to their mobile network. Not to mention, spending an hour on the phone with customer service representatives and being transferred to four or five individuals during the call. Long story short, my money and time will not be compensated. I would never refer anyone to this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

No issues with the phone or internet service through the phone. My kids have mentioned they sometimes don't get my text messages until a day later though. My biggest complaint, and one I did not research enough or know about ahead of time, is that there is no mobile hotspot available through my phone. This is a big one for me that I took for granted was included with my phone purchase. I do not remember seeing anything that would have told me differently. If I had known, I never would have signed up. Still better than Boost Mobile with whom I was with beforehand.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Just wish I could put up the screen shot of the conversation with the Philippines. Wow not even in the USA. That's our problem. We need to come together and get those companies out of here. I said I recorded the chat that I had because the guy was being a ** and once I said I recorded this chat he said he doesn't consent to it. BS. I can do what I want ** and did just to prove to everyone that Family Mobile is a scam. Take your money and give you ** service and no help or your money back. Let's get them **. Let's make a case against them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought an iPhone SE through Walmart Family Mobile, changed jobs in the same service area, and my phone no longer worked inside the buildings where I now worked. I thought that I bought my phone. I paid for it in full at the advertised price, under the offer of "no contract", but this was a lie. The terms and conditions NEVER told me that the phone was "locked", NEVER explained what "unlocking" means, and NEVER even mentions what this obscurely-defined "unlocking" means until the very end of the "terms and conditions" of use.

They say, "no contract". They sell you a phone at a discount. They lure you into a service agreement that obscures the fact that there really IS a contract, and the contract is that your phone is NOT really your property for a year, where it remains locked ONLY to the Tracfone network, EVEN IF THE PHONE IS NOW USELESS inside buildings where I work.

I cannot call 911. I cannot communicate with people I need to check on for safety. I cannot communicate with customers on the job using my phone. I have a useless phone for eight hours a day, feel at risk, and this is with a phone that I thought was my property to use with any carrier I might choose. How is this legal in the United States?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

For some unknown reason me and my son have a different brand of phones, a Samsung and a Blu, we are both on the same family plan and we both experience text missing from other phones. For example if I text my son 12 messages he only gets 8, if my work texts me 20 messages a day I only get about 15. I try help from customer service with no results, they suppose to be experts and they don't know why. I think I need to change carriers. Walmart Family plans by T-Mobile was good years ago. Now they suck.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Family Mobile will take your money and run. You buy a brand new Family Mobile device and refuse to unlock it. They say it is a "NO CONTRACT PLAN" when in fact there is a contract... but not in writing. Oh no. You won't know that there's a contract until you go to get the device unlocked. Then suddenly BAM there's a contract on the device. Watch out! They will screw you in a heartbeat! Do NOT believe that they don't have contracts!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I just got off the phone with these ** and I'm soo pissed off. They don't even speak English... Do not get a phone with them. They'll just rip you off on data and your bill. ** them. I told them to disconnect my phone. I'm going somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

All cellphone billing and technical problems are sent to the Philippines. I just spent 2 hours trying to manage a problem with uneducated individuals in this country. There are no contact numbers in the USA that can actually manage the technical problem. I was given false information regarding the compatibility of a new phone, that is now incompatible. I am being told now the phone number is not active, yet I have paid for it. If Walmart wants to have a mobile plan, they need to maintain the proper technical support personnel to handle the problems, not get the cheapest way possible to deal with mobile issues.

I spoke with Sammuel, Merriam (Supv) & Imee (Manager). I was given USA telephone number's as 1 877 440-9758 & 1 866 806-1840. All are answered randomly by Philippine outsourced Walmart personnel. The 866 806-1840 number requires a reference number to be entered, which the Philippine outsource personnel deny being needed. No one knows what they are doing!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I've been a My Family Mobile customer since 2012... and I'm so far thrilled with the service... the cell phone service, that is to say. As with most other cell companies, customer service is going to be a bit lacking, as they DO outsource calls to someone who obviously speaks English as a second language. Thankfully, I've had exactly three instances in the last six years that I've had to do this. The first was in setting up a second line for my wife, the second was in setting up a third line for my son, and the third was in replacing me and my wife's old, old SIM cards to the newer, updated ones (the old ones worked, but they were getting worn out and didn't support VOLTE or WiFi calls). That being said, these calls to customer service weren't entirely painful... just slow and prodding. They got the job done, though.

Insofar as cell service goes, it's T-Mobile, so it's great. I've had no issues in accessing my account or paying my bills online either, though I DO wish there was a dedicated Android app for this. Not a huge deal, though, just would be nice. The service for Truly Unlimited service is awesome. I have GREAT voice service and LTE data speeds in my area (usually a solid 30 to 40 Mbps, sometimes with jumps up to 50-60 or so, and once in a while down to 15-20, depending on my location). Make sure T-Mobile has good coverage in your usage area, though, by checking a service map, first. And the price is right... Truly Unlimited everything for three lines runs me just over a hundred bucks a month, taxes and everything included. Far better than Verizon or AT&T, and right on par with T-Mobile's own pricing. In my area, Sprint and its subsidiaries suck.

All of these little niggles aside, I'd still give them five stars, as most cell companies are going to have their own customer service quirks. Here is the issue, though... you ABSOLUTELY NEED to bring your own phone. It's not technically required, as they do offer phones for sale online and in store, but do yourself a favor and buy your own GSM unlocked or T-Mobile compatible device (unlocked if you can)... Walmart's selection is either lacking, poor performing, overly expensive, or all three... and you STILL have to pay for that phone outright in store or online anyway.

Buying a device from them doesn't give you the benefit of paying for the phone over time on your monthly bill with monthly installments, as with major carriers. And buying their devices in store, you're still purchasing a carrier locked phone (T-Mobile in this case) with all of the carrier bloatware preinstalled. But, I get all of this, since it's a pay as you go, prepaid plan. Here's the thing... their customer service for their hardware is HORRIBLE... period... They outsource everything and the people in the stores don't know jack about their own devices.

I have three, personally purchased, unlocked devices I got on Amazon currently on my plan and they work great. I've swapped my phone several so far and my wife's once... no issues at all; simply put the old SIM in the new phone, and you're ready to go. All six unlocked phones I've purchased from Amazon have all worked great with no fuss. When my first phone died, I needed a phone the same day and bought one in store. It worked well enough (if a bit slowly) for a year and started flaking out. I'm a tech savvy guy... no amount of reloading or debloating fixed the issue... It just ran like crap after that.

Tech support basically told me that it was a service issue since the phone powered on and was working properly from their perspective... the "warranty" didn't apply. Service support said the service was running fine (verified by me by putting my SIM in my wife's phone). I finally gave up and got a new unlocked phone elsewhere. No issues since, and that was two phones ago.

Oh, and good luck unlocking that My Family Mobile phone if you want to use it elsewhere... Walmart won't release the phone for unlock since it's a T-Mobile device, and T-Mobile doesn't recognize it as one of theirs since payments go through My Family Mobile and the phone isn't registered to any T-Mobile account. Being T-Mobile, there's no means to PIN unlock it either... it uses that lovely T-Mobile Unlock app... T-Mobile has to unlock it remotely on their end. You're kind of at a dead stop if you want to unlock it, unless you're willing to pay REALLY high fees to have a third party service to unlock it.

Even the cheaper services that provide unlock pins for 15 to 20 dollars will end up having to charge you 40 to 60 dollars to unlock these devices, since they have to pay T-Mobile to release the device. Again, don't buy their phones... they suck. That's the caveat. If you have or are willing to get your own devices elsewhere (as I do), your experience with MFM will be great. Otherwise, you might regret the decision, if for no reason other than their horrible hardware support.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have had me and my three children on Family Mobile for 3 yrs. I switched off Sprint because we added our children and had heard Walmart HAD a good plan. It worked great I was recommending it. Both my children had iPhones and I had brought a Samsung then purchased an LG. 4 months ago I switched to an iPhone. No issues. We have used the $30 plan and received the discounts for two additional lines.

Last week my phone stopped working data or texting. My children still working fine. Never have I missed a payment. I even pay early because I have a schedule when I pay my bills. I called. They told me I needed to purchase a new bring your own phone SIM card. It only comes with the new $40 plan. Somehow the lady got my SIM back working on my phone for two days so I had time to purchase their "new" card my phone now requires. I bought the new SIM and now my phone will not text anyone who does not have an iPhone. I of course had to purchase the SIM because I am a mother and caring for my family with doctors and schedules. We have a very intense doctor schedule because of health issues and it is a priority to have my cell working. I in fact had to miss an appoint with a new specialist because my phone stopped working on the way to that appt and I could not even call to cancel or find my way.

WFM is now telling me I need to upgrade to a more expensive plan because of low data issues. They said I am not using the $40 plan I purchased with the SIM card, I am using my old $30 plan. I had just paid my $30 month plan two days before my phone stopped working. I was told I would lose that money starting the new plan so hold off and input it when I pay my next month bill then I can go back to my $30 later. I am not keeping the $40 plan. The $30 has worked fine for us for 3 yrs. WFM forced me into a new SIM card even though my other worked fine with the phone and they SOMEHOW got it to work so I had time to go purchase the new SIM that now requires me I am told by WFM customer service will be the only way I can text.

THIS IS A SCAM to get people to upgrade their plans. Both my children have the same phone and the old SIM cards. They work fine and have less data left than I do and are texting the same people as I am perfectly fine. No issues. BE CAREFUL!!! If they tell you you need a new SIM card. I have tried talking with customer service and as others have said you get connected to the Philippines. The only answer they have is to pay more money. When I explain the issue and want to speak to a manager they somehow disconnect with me. No options to contact anyone else but the overseas call center.

I had an emergency again this evening and needed to reach my husband and it will not go through. He can text me though. I may need to just change back to Sprint with my husband and give them my money if I have to pay more I would rather they get my money. At least I can talk to a customer service rep or manager to handle issues. Not someone reading from a script who hangs up on you.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I've been a Walmart Family Mobile customer for about 5 years now. I've never had a problem up until recently since TracFone has taken over their service and billing information. T-Mobile is still supplier carrier and they're fine. But I've had billing problems warranty problems that never get solved by TracFone. Their customer service Representatives barely speak English. Their help desk is located in the Philippines from what I understand. When you talk to their managers they give you a run around and skirt the issues. They have a contract with LG Electronics to underwrite their warranty and that's total fallacy.

I've never had a problem as far as renewing my monthly service program until last month when they said that my bank kept on refusing my credit card. I had my bank call them directly and deal with it and they said they had no idea why the credit card wasn't going through. Actually it's a debit card and I know there was enough cash in it to cover the expense. I had LG Electronics call him directly as far as a defect as far as the USB cable on my new Fiesta smartphone. It was still under 12 months warranty since it was only 2 months old and they refuse to stand behind LG warranty. I spent over 10 hours on the phone with these idiots except for the good service by T-Mobile.

I'm ready to really transfer to another carrier. It's a shame Walmart is getting screwed by this foreign company who don't know how to conduct business properly. I think it was a truly bad decision made by Walmart to get rid of T-Mobile and their Billing System along with their customer support. Any reviews that I have read is never a positive experience dealing with their customer service Representatives.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Purchased cell phones from Walmart, within a week added airtime on Family mobile website. Payment processed, showing both in my family mobile account online, and from my bank account. However, 7 employees at Family Mobile can’t locate payment. Extremely disrespectful staff, hung up on by refunds department, spoke to manager in customer service with no help. Escalated to corporate, I was advised this would be investigated and I would be contacted within 24 hours, didn’t happen.

I’m stuck with 2 phones I can’t use, and a company that can’t locate a payment, even with the credit card information. I will be sending a formal complaint in, with all my documentation, although I highly doubt it will do any good. I spent 5 hours speaking/texting with Family Mobile agents, and not a single one provided any assistance. Employees were rude, treated me as an annoyance, hung up on me, insisted that no one there could fix the problem, and I suppose they are correct.

Employees come across as rude, disrespectful, incompetent, and unethical. The only company I know of that will accept your payment, show a payment confirmation on your account, take the money from you account, be completely incapable of locating said payment, and treat the customer as if the customer is bothering them.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The only good thing about Family Mobile is that T-Mobile provides coverage for them and never had an issue in most areas where I expect to have coverage. However their customer service side is awful. I went over my allotted 9GB of data for the month and bought 2GB extra at 10$ each. It was a price I was willing to pay. However my service never got restored from 2G to 4G. After several calls over a 3 day period their response was that I've consumed 3.36GB of data since going over... Which I know is not true. My phone has a built in data usage and it read 9.8GB for my current billing cycle. When I text USAGE to 611611, the automatic Walmart Family Mobile system, they respond with 9.85GB. Never Purchase Their 1GB of Service Add-On. After 6 years of service with them and 3 lines. I'm looking to upgrade and move on.

Original review: July 17, 2018

In February of this year, I paid my phone bill for 4 lines up until January 2019. Everything was going smooth until the 3rd week of June when I received a text message to pay my July bill by the 14th. I call 611 from my phone and ask why was I receiving this message when I was paid up to the end of the year. The rep. after about 25 minutes of searching said that he apologize and that I shouldn't see that message again. The next week I got the message again. Once again I called back to customer service. This time I was told did they did not see anywhere on the account that I paid up until the end of the year. I said to the agent, "Well lucky for me that I still have all my text message that gave me a confirmation after each payment was posted online."

I gave the agent the date and time each message came through so that he could try to pull it up that way. He then said, "That doesn't matter if it's not showing in our system. Then you need to pay your bill before the 14th or all four of your lines will be disconnected." I asked to speak with a supervisor and had to explain the entire situation again to the supervisor. The supervisor attitude was worse than the agent attitude. At this time I had been on the phone about 1 hour and 25 minutes. After being told by the supervisor that she could not see where I made these payments I got frustrated and hung up. I called back the next day hoping to get someone different and someone who could speak better English.

This time the agent stated that they see my payments but all my payments were refunded back to me. I said to the agent, "I wouldn't know if 800 and some dollars was refunded back into my bank account." The agent then said, "No only 500 was refunded back." I asked why and when did they refund it. I got on my business phone and called my bank while they were still on my regular phone and I asked my bank to check and see if I had any refund of $500 or any other amount from Walmart Family Mobile. My bank said there was nothing showing as a refund only payments sent out. I had my bank on speaker so the Walmart Family Mobile agent was listening.

Then he changed his story and said actually I don't see anything in the system. Then I asked for supervisor once again. This supervisor stated again she did not see anything in the system no payments and no refund and that I needed to pay my bill by the 14th to avoid Interruption of my service. I got so frustrated that I hung up on her and called my daughter and ask my daughter to call and speak to someone to see what was going on. Maybe that wasn't a good idea because my daughter call me later saying she was on the phone approximately 3 hours and she spoke to seven different people. None of which said the same thing as the other other than we need to pay out payment. She said she had a few Choice words for all of them and finally hung up. She told me not to worry about it just switch over to Sprint or Verizon.

I told her that would be fine but I still wanted to know where my money was from the payment that was paid. There was still approximately $620 still out there not accounted for. Over the next several days we both made call after call after call to Walmart Family Mobile customer service to find out where the rest of my money was if they're saying I had to pay a bill and they did not see it. For as many call and as many representatives that we spoke with we got that many different responses. I finally went into a Walmart and I walked over to the electronic department and I asked to speak with someone who can help me with my Walmart Family Mobile account.

The gentleman walked over and asked me what was the issue I was having. When I explained it to him he said, "Oh well when we call we speak with the same customer service people that you speak to so I can't help you because that mean I'm only going to get the same answers and responses that you've been getting. Good luck with your bill." And he started helping someone else. So not only does the owner on the phone customer service suck but in-store customer service sucks as well. I made another call and spoke with the representative who said to me why would you pay your bill up till December and I said, "To get ahead of my bills throughout the year. You have a problem with a customer paying ahead of time that tells me that your bills are always behind." I asked him to put a supervisor on and he got smart with me and then put me on hold.

When the supervisor got on the phone he was very pleasant and he stated to me that the problem is none of the other people were looking at the correct screen they were all looking at credit card post but they were supposed to be looking at a different screen. He said, "I see all your payments and here is the transaction number for each payment that you made." He gave them all to me one by one. He then said, "I'm going to transfer you to the refund department and you give them each of these transaction numbers and they will be able to pull it in the system and they can even give refund you all your money or they can make sure they post it in the system that you are paid up until the end of the year." He said he was sorry for all the problems that I went through with trying to get this handled but I should not have any more problems. He then transferred me to the refund department.

When the representative got on the phone she asked me what was the issue. I once again started to explain part of the problem but then said to her, "There should not be an issue anymore. I have all the transformation numbers and all I need for you to do is put them in the system and just refund my money back to me. I don't even want to stay with the service until the end of the year." She then stated, "I don't know what those numbers of for but I don't have no place to type them in in my system. But what phone number are you calling about?" I gave her my phone number. She pulled something up and said, "We have refunded all your money back to you so if you want your service to continue you would need to pay your bill for this month."

I said to her, "What is the problem with you people at Walmart Family Mobile. The supervisor just gave me this information to give to you and now you're telling me you don't know where to find it. Please transfer me back to the supervisor that you sent me to." She said she had no way of knowing which supervisor transferred me to her. I hung up on her and call back.

I spoke with three more people two representatives and one supervisor all of which started giving me the same story that they see no payments at all. This went on from this third week of June until July 13th. My daughter said just pay the July bill so that the phones don't get turned off and we will switch service to someone else. Out of approximately 35 employees of Walmart Family Mobile customer service only one knew how to do their job. I have been with Walmart Family Mobile for 4 years. I did not start having trouble with them until it switched over to TracFone. So price is great but the customer service sucks.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I've never had any issue with this T-Mobile offshoot (now with TracFone). Anytime I have to call for anything from tech help to bill questions, the reps (while somewhat hard to understand...) are always polite and helpful. The service coverage is wonderful. I get service in my Cube where others on the bigger carriers don't. I really feel for the other reviewers who've had such problems. I have all 4 family members and my wife's parents on this service and we couldn't be happier. And it's frickin' cheap!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have had to call customer service on several occasions due to my poor phone service. Nobody there understands English, therefore nothing is ever fixed. I can never complete a conversation because my phone always disconnects with the person I'm speaking to. I tried to connect with 911 10 times in a row last week and every time I tried I was immediately disconnected. This by far is the worst phone service out there, I'm tired of paying $58 a month and not being able to use this phone! Seriously this phone service needs to be discontinued!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Bought a phone and starter kit, to add my daughter a line on my account. They couldn't even add the line, they said I had to wait until my service ends then add it. They charged my bank account almost $60 to active this line. Then they said they didn't charge me, after speaking to approx. 6 different employees. So I had to file a dispute w/ the bank. It was horrible, spent 3 hrs on the phone w/ Family Mobile and nothing was done. They need training for something. Not a happy customer, going to be looking for new service when mine is up!!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

Though I bought my iPhone SE outright and did not use financing, Walmart Family Mobile refuses to unlock my phone. They will tell you there’s great coverage in the Anchorage area, but this is false. I am able to send text messages, but cannot make calls or use Internet browsing. Additionally, the customer service agent was dismissive and disrespectful. I bought my iPhone in the lower 48 States for $250 4 months ago. It is essentially useless now as I have poor service and cannot have the phone unlocked. I now use GCI and have been satisfied.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My prepaid phone monthly service plan is from 1st to 30th each month. I originally had 20GB of data for over 2 years, but Wal-Mart changed it a few months ago to unlimited. Since then, my internet has been slower, half my apps won't open properly and if so, won't stay connected. On June 20th I accessed my account and it showed a data usage of 1953 GB from June 1st to June 20th. I called Wal-Mart Family Mobile and they said that the settings were off and told me not to worry about the usage chart. That it means nothing. Well, we all know that when you reach a certain limit of GB, your internet slows down. Wal-Mart and T-Mobile, I feel has manipulated my data. I need justice here.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was no longer able to make phone calls (calls drop after few seconds). It turned out to be the SIM card. Went to Walmart to get another SIM, they gave me the wrong one. Called Family Mobile with bunch of customer service reps who you can't understand ONE complete sentence from. One rep confirmed that another SIM will be delivered in 1-2 days, second rep said the process will take 5 business days. Third rep said they can't send SIM because they don't have it. So this PIECE OF ** company in this day of age allow their customers to be down for a week or with no solution at all with a bunch of customer service reps who speak FUNNY language I can't recognize!

Original review: June 18, 2018

My phone number which I had for 7 years was changed when I increased my data plan. The representative didn't say anything about changing my number nor did I request that it be changed. I could write a book about what happened next but the bottom line is they won't give me back my original number. They claim the other "Department" they check with stated it couldn't be retrieve yet previously was told it was possible once they sent me a new Sim card (which they did). My original number is available due to the fact that they hold them for 90 days. I was on the phone over a hour and the last floor manager I spoke to was giving me the "Department" excuse and I could hear laughter in the background. This whole experience has been disappointing to say the least - they made the mistake now they make the excuses.

Original review: June 14, 2018

SCAM!!! PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY!!! I've had Family Mobile for years. The last month has been an absolute nightmare! I have never seen a company that will take your money without authorizing it. First off, I ran out of data and wanted to upgrade to the 1gb for only 9.88 since my plan was going to renew in a week. Long story short they charged my card THREE TIMES without my permission. I called and got a ticket number and was assured I would get refunded in less than five days. 2 weeks later I have not received my refund. I called them. I was told I was not getting a refund. I argued with 4 different representatives. Each one would say I would be transferred to a manager. Each time they hung up on me. Today my phone data and calling just stopped randomly.

I called and they said my SIM was not made for my phone. Keep in mind I have had this SIM card in this phone for ALMOST A YEAR!! They said they just now realized it. I know it was because I called for a refund. I was told I could pick up a SIM card at any Wal-Mart for cheap. I drive 45 minutes to my closest Wal-Mart. They only sell them in a kit that comes with a plan. Wal-Mart said only very large cities sell the SIM card alone and that I should have been notified. The closest one to me was 4 hours away. I was forced to pay 50$ to get a new SIM I wanted to cancel with them after my plan this month was over.

I called the customer service to set up my new SIM card. I had to use my old phone in order to do this. She asked for all my information and I was told it was set up and to just turn my phone on. My old phone I was using got shut off and my new SIM card was not set up! I was now out of both phones!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY SCAM AND HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have never been so frustrated in my life. I am still working on fixing my new SIM card. I've been on hold for over an hour. I wish I would have read these horrible reviews before I joined them. I will be cancelling mine and 7 of my family members. How are they still in business?!?

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had cellphone service from nearly all the carriers from Verizon, T-mobile, AT&T etc with varying levels of results. I came to realize that what phone I had made a bigger difference than the carrier. That is, if there isn't any problems with reception. The only problems I had with this service I have now is lousy customer service. I get the same reception, clarity and overall performance with Wal-Mart Family mobile as the other name brands and the cost is considerably less. Funny thing though, when T-Mobile took over Wal-Mart Family mobile I did notice a slight drop in performance. Small but notable. Who would have thought?

Original review: June 7, 2018

My bill wasn't due until 5/5/18 but I paid it EARLY on 4/23/18 by accident! I was trying to buy more data that day but when I didnt receive the data and called they said I actually paid my bill for the month of May and upgraded my service plan. My old plan was always $39.88 (taxes included) with 9g of data. I paid $54.16 (taxes included) for unlimited data! So I'm like, "Aww man ok I'll just wait till May." Come 5/6, my phone is off! I call, they tell me I didn't pay my bill on 5/5 so my phone is off. I tell them, "Of course I didn't pay it on 5/5 because I paid it on 4/23! Look it up!!"

After 3 hours, 4 reps and one supervisor, they cut my phone back on and gave me a credit for the month of June. I ask if I'm going to have a problem with this confirmation number come June since I had to go thru all this and the rep assures me I would not because she listed it in my account's "notes". I'm like, "Ok great!" THEN a week later I run out of data. I call and ask why. They say I paid for the 39.88 plan. I remind them about the "notes"...there is nothing in my account's "notes" about anything except that I "paid $39.88 on 4/23." (WHICH IS A LIE!!! I PAID MY WALMART FAMILY MOBILE PHONE WITH MY WALMART MONEY CARD!!! Wal-Mart money card confirmed that was a lie!!!)

After 3 hours, 3 reps, and 2 supervisors they TOLD me I would receive unlimited data and to cut my phone off and back on. I did that but they DID NOT credit me with unlimited data. I called yesterday to use my confirmation number and they said my bill was paid until 7/6. WAKE UP TODAY AND MY PHONE IS OFF AGAINNN! WHYYY??? I call and ask to speak only to a supervisor. "Hardemean" (Thats what she said her name was. Idk how to spell it) says I did not pay my bill yesterday. I tell her about the "notes" and confirmation number. She tells me that confirmation number was payment for 5/5/18. I am done!!! I'm going to back to BOOST MOBILE! I was with them for years before coming to these UNPROFESSIONAL, PROFESSIONAL CROOKS!!!

Original review: June 3, 2018

This is a narrow focused review about iPhones only and wifi calling. Service rep was very good, and got a little frustrated, but we worked together fine. After talking to Apple support also, I found out that ALL iPhones do not work with Wifi calling feature. It is not the sim card. I do not understand why this is a problem and FM does not support Wifi Calling. It works for all droid phones, even the cheap $20 phones work. So I think FM should make a policy change and make this happen so that all iPhones work with this feature. So if you use this feature and want an iPhone, think twice as it will not work.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information