1.10/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Walmart Family Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I initially purchased cell phone service for myself. I noticed while trying to get activated customer service was not going to be great, but figured I'm not normally needy and don't need a lot of hand holding so thought it would be OK. The major problem happened when we added my husband's phone to the account. It wouldn't set up as an add on phone, so we set it up for what the system would take, 14G at $39.88. Mind you I was on the 4G plan and the add on phone for that plan was supposed to be $24.88 with the $5 discount for additional lines (4G is plenty for both of us).

Once we had things running I called customer service to explain the problem and was told they would get it fixed. I recently had my credit card hacked that I was using for auto billing which caused me to look at all my charges closely and I realized they never changed out his plan and so for the whole time (MANY months) we were overcharged!! I called them about halfway through the last billing cycle to point out the problem and was told it could not be fixed until we reached the end of the cycle (idea being they don't want to issue a credit I think). So I called today at the end of my cycle and it seems (maybe) that they fixed the billing price, however they refuse to issue any credit at all for the time we were overcharged. We will be leaving them after this. I recommend you stay away if you want to be treated fairly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

DON'T even think about getting a My Family Mobile Mobile Plan. You'll regret it. They have the worst customer service in the world. The reason their customer service representatives are on the other side of the planet is because people like myself would go to them in person and they wouldn't be able to brutalize you the way they do over the phone. I've spent hundreds of hours and lost lots of money dealing with the ignorant uneducated barely English speaking men and woman who lie for a living. If you have a problem with your My Family Mobile Phone or your service just throw it away and go somewhere else. It will be a lot easier than calling the customer service because they have none. I repeat DON'T do it!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

After 10 months of very spotty service and the companies claim that I ran through 4GB of data in 18 days or less each month, I'd had it with Family Mobile and went to cancel my service. They had the audacity to charge my credit card when I called to cancel- 3 days earlier than it should have been. I was on Autopay and as I called to cancel I reneged their ability to charge my card....or so I thought. They charged it and then canceled my service. I made over a dozen calls to their call center, which is located in the Philippines....they played the "I'll forward your call on to a supervisor" "We can resolve that for you....I just need to get my supervisor to approve"....routine or just 'hung up' on me each time, never making the issue resolved.

I've reported them to the FTC and I'm thankful it was only 31 dollars and not more. This company is a huge rip off. I switched to T-mobile and verified my data claims (that Family mobile's tracking of your data is way off...almost double what you actually use). Family Mobile also refused to release my iPhone. Thankfully T-Mobile had a 'prepay for service get a free phone ' deal so I come out 'ahead'...just have to pay three months in advance for two phones. Again, bottom line....DO NOT GET SERVICE WITH FAMILY MOBILE. Having their Customer Service call center in the Philippines should be enough to keep you from going to them. The FTC/FCC should shut this company down before they rip off more people. Walmart! Why are you associated with this scam company?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Honestly they are cheap but the tech support and/or customer service is awful. They generally have no idea how to help at all. The signal is also pretty bad. So all in all you are paying cheap for a sub-par service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Was great until my service broke. Broke, as in I had dumped the cash for the service but was not receiving it. No outgoing calls, nor data. Contacting tech support or any other branch of Family Mobile resulted in one thing; Restarting my phone. They would lead me for up to half an hour with questions and requests until claiming to have fixed the problem and telling me to restart my phone. They had fixed nothing. Some stupid gimmick on the chance that the problem might be resolved be a restart. Beyond that I was told to change my APN settings. Which I did. No result.

The issue had to be either on their end or with my SIM card. I could text and call Family Mobile, but nowhere else; which is to say the problem wasn't on my end. No solution. I tried to switch carriers. Phone was locked. Arbitrarily- too, since the phone wasn't on a plan to start, but rather was simply from TracFone. What do I get to see when I try to unlock my phone? I can't. Why? They deleted my account. At some point along the way, my number was deleted from the providers, well within renewal times. I have no idea how this happened, however it was not of my action. Don't. Do. Family Mobile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I am so pissed off right now. First I'd like to say about 4 days ago I should have got the lady's name promise me a replacement phone which I need very bad. Made promise to send me a replacement phone before I send back this old phone because I have a 5 year old in school and this is my only device. This ** lied to me. This company also put me through a lot of changes stressing me out. Yesterday was the 22nd Sunday. I have purchase card. I paid $42 for to give me 14 GB to representative I spoken with yesterday supposed to add on my prepaid service.

This morning 3:59 a.m. a new damn morning I found out not one of them representatives done their job right because my phone was inactive. How the hell that is impossible. The company needs to shut down. This is the worst company I ever dealt with. They lied to me about sending me a replacement phone knowing the problem I have with this phone. I call this company over 100 times. Even the management's are bad. A lack of help. Unprofessional. Simple Mobile is better than this Boost Mobile. Top number 10 this company number one. This company worth **.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I called in to inquire about a mysterious and bogus charge Family Mobile put on my card. I had to ask to be transferred to a different rep at least five times because most of them are unable to speak English clearly and they talk way too fast. The fourth rep began to deliberately stall and waste my time, saying "one moment" at least 20 times during the call, each of these "moments" taking forever. The last rep - purportedly a senior manager - just disconnected me at the end of my explaining the issue. Walmart Family Mobile obviously doesn't care about customer service because they leave no recourse when bad service is received. Needless to say, I've moved on to a different mobile provider. Good riddance to Walmart Family Mobile!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

My husband and I have cell phones with Family Mobile. My phone is a Moto e4 and my husband's is a TracFone purchased specifically for family mobile. Last night they worked fine. My last text message was 8:00 pm. Today I have no service unless I go outside. Up until now everything was fine. I called for help and spent about an hour the first call and got disconnected, called back and spent about another hour to tell me that everything is fine on their end and there is nothing they can do to help me as it is not a network problem. So I am so frustrated because how can something work in my house and less than 24 hrs I have to go outside for it to work? Cheaper is not always better. Now my phones are paid thru 10/15 and Walmart will not refund my money because there is no problem! Will never do this again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I’ve had my cell number for over 4 years and yet I’ve discovered that a previous owner's caller ID shows up when I make calls. That means I constantly receive bill collection calls for him and no matter how many times I explain I’m not him... they still harass me! Also I use my phone for business calls as well but my name doesn’t appear so my clients have no idea who’s calling and won’t answer. I’ve called customer service at Walmart’s Family Mobile service but they claim it’s a recycled number and cannot do anything about it even though I pay for my own name on my caller ID! It’s not fair because I need and pay for my name to show up when making calls.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Walmart Family Mobile has the worst customer service I have ever had on a cellphone or just shopping experience period. I am a Walmart employee I have had 2 phones with both unlimited everything for 2 years. Recently went online to pay my bill like always 4 days before the due date. My phone service and phone number was magically deleted off my account. They have done nothing to fix the problem or compensate me for the issue. I live in Colorado and my daughter has the other phone living in Texas. Now we have no service and no communication. Family Mobile is trash!!!!

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information