Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2020

Right now, we are a nation in crisis. The last thing we need is FREE DATA!! We need to be able to continue to contact our friends and family. They shut my service off for non-payment. At a time when people are trying to use and conserve their money for more important things. Your company's best idea is FREE DATA! I HAVE WIFI AT HOME!!! Why would I need free data?? You can believe as soon as this COVID-19 Crisis is over, I will be dropping my service with you! And I will tell anyone who is considering your service, HELL NO!! If I could give you less than one star, I would! REALLY?!?! FREE DATA!?!?

Original review: March 7, 2020

I'm a snowbird from Canada, on Walmart recommendation I purchased a phone and Family Mobile plan + International calling card (ILD) back on February 1st, 2020. After a few days, couldn't call or text. It took someone from Tracfone to resolve the issue 3 days later. I renewed my March payment and sure enough after a few days can't call or text.

As of today March 7- 2020, I'm on the phone with technical support, they can't resolve the issue, thus my phone is useless even though I'm fully paid up for both the cell plan and International calling. Technical support is useless, they get you to restart the phone, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, read out the SIM number or IMEI number, all useless. Done that at least 50 times with technical support. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND FAMILY MOBILE. Very bad plan and technical support. I'm going back home at the end of the month, thus I'm just going to dispose of the phone and use my MagicJack on wifi to call home.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2020

At least 90% of the times that I try to log into the Family Mobile Website this is what I get, "Unfortunately, we cannot process your transaction at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience the same issue, call us at 1-877-440-9758.". Maybe they need a website designed to serve current customers and another for selling and set-up. I can't even get a signal in half of the building that I go into. Calling using wi-fi when possible is the only thing that saves me. Spotty service and inadequate online service gives cause to look elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I joined Family Mobile 2 years ago. One line 45 a month for Truly Unlimited. A year later I added my mom for another line of truly unlimited. Price is now 84. I asked how much for another line of truly unlimited for my tablet. They want to charge me another 45,137 a month. This is how Walmart Family Mobile takes care of their customers. I am telling everyone that you can get much better deal somewhere else. T Mobile 40 dollars cheaper. Walmart is a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Affordable plans but service is not the best. Dropped call often. Sometimes no service in certain places (mall, Walmart, some restaurants, etc). Service needs major improvements. Plans are not expensive for on a budget family. Phones are kind of pricey for such a cheap phone service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I was told I could use the chip on my IPhone by the sales agent. They do not install chip or get it going for you. I get home. I call to set up and find out the chip does not match my Iphone. I call and go inside the store again, talk to the same sales agent and she tells me it is non returnable nor refundable, I speak to manager and after sales agent admitted not telling me that chip was non refundable/ returnable and giving me misleading Information as to chip matching my Iphone. No refund was given to me. I was out $35.00 dollars.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They don't know ** and they don't know what the hell they are doing. I signed up to pay for a phone service and when I try to pay for the service it comes up with the wrong price. I have called customer service several times to fix it, but I have been on the phone with them for over 2 hours. I have been transferred over 10 times been disconnected twice. No one knows ** here. I would not recommend them at all. If I could give them negative stars I would have.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

It was very good for knowing exactly what you were paying in advance. No surprises basically. No. Contract is what they offered and always you are ahead. I had one problem when cancelling the service because we were with my son. They said he had a different service and tried to charge him an extra hundred dollars when it was prepaid and we had already paid. So that was the strange part. Other than that it was great.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile is the worst of the worst prepaid phone. You call customer service only automated talk and when you reach to customer human being he hung out on you. I paid 30 days service. I called only 4 or 5 days each time service interrupted and the data lost. This phone really messed with my work and my schedule appointment plus they deactivate my service before time. I am sure I am not only one with this horrible story but like many customer victim of this fake prepaid phone. Tracfone own Family Mobile Phone and Tracfone should really investigated by FBI because Tracfone company making billion of dollar by cheating.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I paid my phone bill 3 days ago and it is still inactive. Money was pulled out of my account, and I have been unable to reach ANYONE because I HAVE NO OTHER PHONE LINE. They are VERY hard to reach, and when you do reach them their solution is to have you call them on a different phone. I have no other phone. I have been dealing with this for hours on end for the last 3 days. Do not get this service. It is the worst decision I have ever made in literally my entire life and I am a recovering drug addict so I have made some pretty horrible decisions.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information