Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: April 13, 2020

I am on a tight fixed income. They have great plans. Affordable and easy to get started. Great customer service. Recommended to others. They all are extremely happy as well. You can use all different types of phones. Multi-person discounts. Perfect for anyone and everyone.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Affordable plans but service is not the best. Dropped call often. Sometimes no service in certain places (mall, Walmart, some restaurants, etc). Service needs major improvements. Plans are not expensive for on a budget family. Phones are kind of pricey for such a cheap phone service.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

It was very good for knowing exactly what you were paying in advance. No surprises basically. No. Contract is what they offered and always you are ahead. I had one problem when cancelling the service because we were with my son. They said he had a different service and tried to charge him an extra hundred dollars when it was prepaid and we had already paid. So that was the strange part. Other than that it was great.

Original review: July 7, 2020

April 2020 I purchased a 2 bundle Luna j3 pro bundle with service plan included unlimited talk text and data for 149.99 online Wal-Mart account. I had a phone and was going to transfer / as upgrade and other phone was bday gift for a preteen. In activating phones the reps had trouble honoring the included service plan so I paid with debit card to activate both phones. (The service plan was never honored.)

I created a ticket to have the issue looked into in May 2020. Sent supporting purchase info to email provided, no one followed up in the 24/48 hrs they said would happen. June comes around and service plan still not honored, I pay out of pocket for both phones again (49.88and 27.56). 20 to 30 hrs of my time spent on the phone with customer service explaining in great detail and to several different reps. At this time the highest customer service manager and several reps refused to honor the service card plan included in the $149 purchase price. They had me resend the ticket in for to pop.trscfone.com with supporting info and again no response.

Roxanne was the manager and stated she would credit the month of June for 49.88 and refund 27.56... I had already paid for June so a credit for June wasn't a help to me unless she credited the 49.88 towards July since June was already paid for. In explaining that she refused to credit or refund anything, and hung up on me. I tried calling back and was repeatedly transferred and hung up on. Service plan still wasn't applied to account/ no resolution.

July comes and Bill is due again/ no resolution on service plan and rep states that there are now 2 tickets created ask for the ticket number then states there is only 1 ticket showing and says because it's been over 30 days they cannot honor my service plan valued at $80... I ask for a higher manager, he says there isn't one and instructs that I have to pay to continue service. Called Wal-Mart stores and 1800 Wal-Mart and was told nothing they can do but go through customer service which has gotten me nowhere over the last 90 day resolving the issue. The reps are rude, uncaring and the vs supervisor is even worst. I was ripped off by Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart Family Mobile on a $149.99 Bundle service plan deal. Consider yourself warned.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have to manually update apps that are selected for "auto-update" already. They freeze or stop working which is when I know to check for an update. They also interrupt my service a day before or the day that the bill is due, when I have until the 4th of each month to pay!! Right before I paid today, 2 different times showed on top of each other (and still show even after a software update and restarting my phone several times), the accurate one and one that's stuck at 4:56 for some reason. It was 1:56 a.m. when this started happening. It only shows in my notification tab along with the screenshot icon, which I have not taken any for it to be there!! It drives me crazy because I do not like having those icons just sitting there!

I pay for unlimited everything and there have been times on the day of or before my due date that it will say my data isn't working or can't connect for some reason!! That's over $60 AFTER TAXES that I pay MONTHLY JUST TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS!! It's something different EVERY TIME, EVEN THOUGH I PAY MY BILL BY THE DUE DATE!! And everything that everyone else has said about customer service being hard to understand, being rude or saying they'll call back but don't, I have experienced as well!! There have been MAYBE 1 OR 2 people that have actually solved any issues I've had, which is CONSTANTLY what I've already mentioned!! If I could give zero stars, I would!! It sucks because this is the only affordable phone service available to me and they're TRASH!!

Original review: June 11, 2020

Got one line for my kid through them and got an iPhone 6s. I was told by the Walmart clerk that phone will be unlocked after six months so after six month I called and they told me NO it's a year. So now after a year when I called they refuse again saying the time where I have not renewed is not counted. So basically if it's not auto pay it's not counted. To make the matters worst you call thru the customer service first. I explained it to them and customer service told me. "That's fine. It's been a year so you're eligible," then transfer me to unlocking department who were extremely saying comment by their customer service doesnt matter. Will never recommend these guys. Stay away.

Original review: June 5, 2020

The price is great, but the customer service is the worst service I've ever experienced. It's extremely difficult to understand the workers because they all have thick Indian accents. A problem that should only take a few minutes to resolve ends up being an hour or more. While setting up my plan to have my preexisting number I was transferred 4 times, every time being told that I would be transferred to someone who could handle the payment step. I had to re-explain the situation each time. Walmart Family Mobile is great as long as you don't have problems and need to call customer service. Unfortunately, you never know if you're going to have a problem, and thus, this is why I don't recommend Family Mobile to people.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I bought 5 phones for my family and transferred our phone numbers (which took over 8 hours to complete). My total bill for the $29.88 plan should be $148.36. When I tried to refill they wanted me to pay $205. I called in to customer service and the man on the line doesn't understand the issue. ($29.88+$24.88(4)= 136+ tax) Not a hard issue to understand. So I get online and chat with someone. They tell me they can't find my account and can only pull up one line. So long story short I had to reactivate all my other lines then pay the correct $148. One hour later my account is refilled and ready to go. Hopefully this won't happen again next month. If it does we will be changing providers again.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Every time I call to make payment the automated system makes fixes that aren't a problem causing my phone not to work. Spent 3 hours today having them try to fix their mistake. Now no callback again! Bad.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile is terrible. I have had a phone with them for 2 years now. I received a text message from them advertising add a additional line to my existing line and receive a month of service for each phone on the house. So I went to Walmart, purchased a new phone, brought it home and started following the link in the text. One of the first questions I got was do I want a new number. So I said no because I want to keep my number and add a new number to my account. So needless to say somehow I transferred my number I've always had to the new phone I just bought. So I called Family Mobile and asked for help. I was assured she had fixed everything but I was told I needed to buy a phone card to activate my new phone and that my next month would be free. Well next month came and they shut my phone off. So I got back on phone with them and after a good hour it was supposedly taken care of.

Well then my other phone was shut off. So back on the phone again and Shaun assured it would be taken care of. But again it was not. Up Make a long story short the customer service there is the worst I have ever seen. They dont know anything and they will just keep transferring you to another person then you have to explain everything all over again. As well as being disconnected 6 times from the manager. The end result is they said I didnt add a line. I just upgraded whatever that means so they weren't going to give me the deal. Mind you this was after I thought I had found somebody that was going to fix my problem since I was on hold for 1 hour 45 minutes for him to tell me that he couldn't do anything. So I told him I'm going to close my accounts and go to Metro PCS and he still didn't care.

The last thing I asked him for was the number and a name of the corporate office so I could let them know what horrible service I have received and rather than give me the info I asked he just hung up on me. So I strongly do not recommend walmart family mobile to anyone. Worst service I have ever received from a company.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information