1.08/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Walmart Family Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I've been using this service for a few years now, and for the most part it hasn't been too bad. Sometimes calls don't come through but that isn't a common occurrence. I also do not get service in a lot of place. My largest issue has come up in the last couple of months. I pay for unlimited call and text with a 14gb 4g LTE limit with unlimited data after that, but at a 2g speed.

For the last two months my data limit hasn't reset, and for this last month my service was cancelled two days after I had paid my bill, which was the end date for the previous month. So I call the support line and they see that I had paid and reactivate my account. I got my call and text back but I didn't get my data limit reset, so I was surprised when I found out a week later that I had used 14.4 gigs of my mobile data and had no access to my 4g LTE speed. So I call tech support again and get told that I had spent 14.4 gigs of mobile data (I only really use it for music in the car and occasionally to stream a 20-30 minute show on my lunch break).

When I told them that I had checked my usage since my reset and used only 800mb of data I was told that I had used 14.4gb of data on background apps and music in only 6 days. So I ask to get transferred to their management staff which immediately saw a discrepancy with my usage and get disconnected after a couple of minutes and never receive a callback. So I had to call again, ask for a manager and restart the process. Again I got disconnected and received no callback. This happened a few times more before I gave up for the night.

I tried again a few days later and got through all of the steps to get my service reset again with their billing department. After their reset steps were complete I checked and my data hadn't recovered, again. I didn't realize this until a few days later when I went back to work, as I was operating on Wifi at home for the weekend. So I call back again and go through the steps, again, and after going through yet another agent my phone again stopped working for text, call, and internet. So again I had to go through their technical support and, again, they only got my call and text working.

My data is still over the limit and I've given up trying their technical support. Their agents are very well mannered (through their 10-13 agents I talked with maybe two of them got an attitude when I had to explain my situation several times because they wouldn't actually look into my data usage problem and would instead just look at my account overview which only showed my incorrect exceeded usage), but due to the fact that none of them could fix my actual problem I believe they're wholly unreliable. When it works it works. When it doesn't work they can't fix it. That's not a standard that I feel comfortable putting my continued patronage into.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The phone service didn't always work right, I would miss calls from my bosses at several jobs due to the phone not ringing with me sitting nearby staring at the device. You can Imagine how this could cause me trouble at a job. Oddly enough, the device rings for foreign scammers calling for the previous user of my phone number. I guess their scam call filter was rushed out. But calls from overzealous bosses suck anyway, so this was not my biggest complaint. The Sending or receiving pictures via text has never worked right, but still not my biggest complaint. For nearly 3 years, I have never gone over my high speed data limit, and the data service worked fine as long as I was paying for 14GB and using nowhere near that per month. I recently changed my plan to reflect my actual usage and immediately experienced worse speed even though I was not over my limit.

A few months later I actually go over the limit and my phone is throttled to dial up speed, my hotspot has ceased working entirely, and even after two billing cycles the speed I had before going over that one time has NEVER come back. Every time I have spoken to "support" it has been some angry little social reject that doesn't deserve any job, let alone be helpful. One of my jobs was tech support for a GPS/mapmaker that worked closely with Android devices, I have used this knowledge to improve and repair my Android phone on several occasions, when I can't even fix the speed or the ringing issues, I believe the service provider is to blame. Especially when I know other subscribers with the same issues.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Wal-Mart family mobile is by far the worst group of people working in their customer service I've ever dealt with. Not only did Walmart screw up the plan I paid for they refused to fix their screwup unless I paid an additional 23 dollars for a plan I had already paid for and didn't receive. They would not fix my account. They mocked me on the phone. I could hear the reps making fun of me while I was on the phone with them abs then they hung up.on me. I would not recommend walmart family mobile to a soul even if they were the only phone provider in the world I would do without. They suck and most of them you can't even understand because they can barely speak English. One in particular her name was Riza and she should be terminated because she lacks customer service skills. I would have given 0 stars if there was an option.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Horrible internet. Barely receive service. Not even worth it if the service were free. Pay a little extra for AT&T. Waste of money!!! Literally took about 8 minutes for this page to load smh. Don’t do it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I just finished spending more than an hour with the people Walmart has hired for customer service in the Philippines. They repeatedly tell me I have no balance left to call. I told them to check my call logs and that would should I have not used up my balance. The repeatedly told me they were checking my call logs for the entire hour plus that we talked. Finally at the end they admitted they lied and were unable to check the call logs. They told me they could only check on the balance remaining. They wasted my time (twice) for more than an hour and then admitted they lied to me about their ability to check my call logs. Way to go Walmart! Hire incompetents in another country!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I never received $50 e gift card. The promotion was online, still can be seen in google. Customer service has no clue about it. Promotion paper was in walmart store, can be seen online and a paper of it with order as well. It said as after receiving shipment, pleases submit receipt and you will get gift (https://wfmgiftcard.com/). Why walmart spoiling their name in this, not sure.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Walmart Family Mobile is a scam because you can’t stream videos without buffering on YouTube. You try to search something online and guess what? You have to wait like ten minutes just to load a page and that doesn’t include being able to interact with the webpage you are trying to go on. Basically Walmart are scammers and they take your money and don’t give what they promise. Walmart should be shut down for their impacts on our environment, how they treat their employees, and how they constantly lie to scam people about their plastic food, GMO products, their top employee pay, and because of their self righteous greed to own every person. Bastards and I’ll be returning my service that sucks royally bad.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just recently paid my phone bill after it had been off for about 30 mins from me forgetting to pay it. No problem. I paid over the automated phone and my phone was working again. Except, service was still not working with 2 of the 4 phones on my account. I checked online and it says they are "still in the process of activating please call if in 5 mins they aren't fixed". I called and the robocall hung up on me after repeating that same prompt. I called their customer service through a workaround with a different phone and after verifying my account and thanking me for my patience a weirdly high amount of times they asked me to verify the sim card on my mother's phone.

I do not live with my mother, I am at work and can't walk my older mother through how to take it out and verify it. I informed them this only started happening to my account after I paid them and it's happening to two different phones on the account, it's not a problem on my end obviously to anyone with any experience with troubleshooting (which you would hope their customer service would be trained the slightest in). I was told to call back when I can verify it so they can move to the next step in the process. I was told this exact same prompt at least 5 times in a row when stating I can not do that any time soon and it is TWO different phones having this problem. Nope, same prompt again. This is not my first horrible bad customer service call with them. I would recommend this company if you can get the employee discount, but if not highly recommend to stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Today's date is October 29th of 2019 7:23 p.m. Eastern Time. I need to report in the customer service for Walmart Family Mobile the services with them. It really sucks. Two times this month my phone will tell me it looks like you're out of minutes which I wasn't. For five times I called 611 for Walmart Family Mobile. The representative gave me instructions which didn't work and never called back to help me after back to use another phone which I told him I had no other device to use. I called back, asked if they can give me extension on the date my phone will get cut-off for extra day and they refuse to. I told him this is unfair that I have to call 877 number and they help me out from another device have to beg for use.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

29 days my phone has worked fine. I wake up remembering I never got the $50 gift card for the promotion they are running. I called customer service and the guy tells me it got stuck pending in their system and he's emailing it now. I don't receive the email and he replies, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I said, "Yes. I didn't get the email" and he asks me to restart the phone(?). And I said, "No that's not the problem and I want to do the survey on my experience" and the call gets dropped immediately.

All of the sudden I can't make calls (it says I'm out of minutes but I have unlimited plan) and hangs up immediately. My text messages are unable to send or receive (says Messaging has been blocked?). I think it's maybe because it's my last day of service before I need to pay my bill so I pay the bill and it says I'm good to go for another month but nothing works still. Oddly, my data has worked the entire time and I can only call customer service.

I talk to 3 more people telling me to restart my phone or their was a programming error they fixed. The 4th person says give him a second. He's looking up my account. 5 minutes and I only hear chatting in the background. He then says he's still working on getting it pulled up and a few more minutes go by then he hangs up. 5th call and this person says my account needs attention because the area code I activated my phone in doesn't match my current location and phones don't work out of range of the activation area (???). I told him that's ** and he says I need to do a factory reset to fix the problem. That would delete everything on my phone so I said no and he said, "Thank you for calling" and hung up.

Call #6 the lady says she's a manager (managers answer customer service lines?) And I just told her I want a refund of that next month's payment. She tells me it's to process tomorrow and I'll see the money in 3-5 business days and tried to hang up but before she did i asked her what the reference number is for the refund and she said it would be generated when she finalizes the request....which means she hadn't even done it. She does a bunch of typing then provides me with a number. I have a feeling I won't receive this money back. Got an At&t phone instead. I couldn't imagine a less competent "staff".

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information