1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 23, 2018

622 Walmart Family Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

Call on April 15, 2018 to report that I could not dial out or receive any call since April 14, 2018. I waiting for the tech to investigate the problem. I was told my sim card was damage and they would send me one. I gave the tech my mailing information including my apartment number because I live in Apts. I felt that was very important the apartment number. He said I would receive it in 2 days which I thought was strange because he said it was being sent through the postal service.

I waited until April 19 2018 and I was told it should be there because I was not home from work. The sim card had not arrive yet. I called again on April 20, 2018 and I was very upset with the outcome I received. I got hung up on and when I called back to talk to a Supervisor he was hardly any help. He stated the first person I spoke to on April 14 2018 had never submitting my apartment number. I really did not believe him because as I stated above that was one of the important information he needed. I paid for my service on April 09, 2018. I have not been able to make or receive any call after April 14. I still have not receive the card.

Original review: April 13, 2018

If I could give this company a negative amount of stars I would. The only reason it even has one is it made me select one. They are rude unprofessional. They lie. They have the worst phone and internet service anywhere. It takes forever to load an internet page and their phone calls are constantly being dropped. Their excuse for everything is, "Well our company doesn't allow it" like it doesn't allow you to use the hotspot that is programmed on your phone according to them because they don't have the technology. Really!!! When I activated the phone I could connect to the hotspot but pages wouldn't load. I called then assuming there was something wrong that yet could fix.

They had me on hold for 20 min while They "ran tests on my phone" then told me I didn't have a hotspot. Yes I did. It's on my phone. Told me I had to buy a device. Connected me to someone else. Hold again for about 15 "running tests" then told me they don't have the technology for a hotspot and there is no device I can buy. Now the phone name won't even show up on my laptop! They weren't running tests then were changing the programming on my phone without my permission!!! I bought and paid for this phone but they talk like they own it! They refuse to unlock it so I can switch carriers then they change the programming without my permission!!! DO NOT EVER EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR CELLULAR NEEDS. I would rather have a rotary landline than this crappy company.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The customer service agents at Walmart Family Mobile are so unprofessional, rude and clueless. Spoke to one Dan today: 04/04/18 (refused to provide last name) today about a data issue on my service. He was so rude, it was unbelievable. He just left the conversation for several minutes and came back asking inane questions. He practically kept doing that till I gave up and hung up in frustration. Well it's Walmart, right? If you guys can see this, call your workers to order. Terrible service...

Original review: March 27, 2018

I called Walmart's My Family Mobile to get my LG Stylo 3 Smartphone, which was still under warranty and purchased from Walmart replaced, as it was defective. They said they would send me a return box and immediately after receiving my returned phone, they would send me my replacement within 3 to 5 business days. They received my phone on 8 February 2018. I am still waiting for my replacement on 26 March 2018. I called several times to inquire as to why I hadn't received my replacement phone and was lied to each and every time I called. I just received a CHEAP "knockoff" phone, that I have never heard of, listed at $49.95 to replace my $186.00 LG phone. I called them and again was lied to. "We'll send you a return box in 3 to 5 business days."

It's been 8 business days now and still no return box. I don't know if I will ever get my LG Stylo 3 replaced. I lost count of their lies at 15. Their Representatives are rude, hang up on you, promise things they have no intention of delivering, and are forever sending you to the "Next Level for Immediate Service." Stay as far away from these guys as you possibly can. You'll be well served to do so! Walmart should be ashamed. I actually went into Walmart after 7 weeks of waiting for my phone to try and get some resolution, and they told me that "There is nothing that we can do. You'll have to deal with them, Call their customer service." This is the WORST entity that I have personally ever dealt with and I'm 67 years old.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This company is a complete joke and waste of money!!! The service is rare and the phones are cheap! Customer Service can't help you do anything but pay your bill because they only want your money! There are way better pre-paid services out there that cost the same each month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 15, 2018

I just had a great customer service experience with Walmart Family Mobile. I just bought a new phone and was very excited to make the purchase, but was disappointed that my current SIM card was too large. I was afraid that I would have to BUY a new smaller card and worse yet, CHANGE MY NUMBER! I then contacted My Family Mobile, via instant chat, and was helped immediately by Jovan. I explained the problem and then Jovan put in an order for a smaller SIM card to be sent to me free and my phone number would remain the same. I am one happy customer.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I called to cancel 2 of 3 lines that I have with this company. The woman spoke to (Flor) was rude. I advised her to change her tone of voice or put a supervisor on the line. She corrected her tone at first then went right back into nasty. I then requested AGAIN for a member of management. This P.O.S. started pushing buttons in my ear!! I proceeded to record the call and advised that I was doing so. After 2 minutes of this I hung and called back.

The next call I spoke to Ann. I started the call off with wanting to speak to a supervisor and gave her a brief recap, letting her know I did not want to take my frustration out on her and let her know the call was being recorded. I had to tell this woman 5 times that I wanted to speak to a supervisor because she was very persistent in wanting to help me. I finally spoke to a member of the manager department (John- ID # **). He was able to assist me and said that they would address the original representative (Flor's) behavior. I don't have much faith that this will take place, and if it does nothing worthy will occur. I would NEVER use this service again!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have had Walmart Family Mobile for 6yrs. Since they switched to Tracfone I can no longer tether, no grace period for paying anymore and can't picture share anymore or barely works. Absolutely disappointed.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I’ve been with my Family Mobile since 2013, phone service and customer service has gone downhill since. Call my Family Mobile because they double billed my credit card and discontinued one of my phone lines. Called in and the first person I talked to ask me to please wait while my account information was pulled up and during that time, he was talking and laughing with someone in the background, and never got back to me. I called back and got some else; she was unable to help and I asked for a manager, she placed me on hold, 40 minutes later still no manager. Fed up with my Family Mobile; while on hold started looking for another cell phone provider.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I had using Walmart Family Mobile for several years, with very little complaints, as in the beginning I was impressed by their customer service on the few occasions I used it. Then Walmart switched to TRAP-PHONE. I dropped my unlocked phone in the lake while fishing, needless to say I was very angry at myself for doing so, I paid $400 for that phone. Luckily I always have a back-up unlocked phone, so all I needed was a new SIM card. So on the way home I stopped at Walmart and I was informed by the Walmart associate that they no longer sell individual SIM cards since they switched over to TRAP-PHONE! I explained that I already had an active account with them. The associate then informed me that in order to replace my SIM I would have to purchase a new phone, but I already have a phone I exclaimed.

So the Walmart Associate called TRAP-PHONE from the store and had me speak to the TRAP-PHONE representative.To my dismay I was told by the representative that they don't send out SIM cards to their customers, regardless if they lose their phones or not. I ended up buying a $50 phone that I will never use. When I attempted to return the phone, my active phone # that I had for years was terminated. It took them 2 days to reactivate my phone #, after speaking to 6 different reps. A ** NIGHTMARE! Hence the term TRAP-PHONE, is exactly what it should be named, since they are known for selling disposable phones that are used in the trap, you don't customer service in the trap I guess. Shame on you Walmart for throwing your customers to the wolves!

Original review: March 3, 2018

I don't understand how they are in business still. I've been getting 0.24 Mbps download speed internet for 30 days now and their STUPID customer service reps (so called higher level tech-support) have no clue how to fix the issue. What I'm asking for is for my phone to be unlocked so I don't have to deal with these idiots of Walmart Family Mobile service!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Ok the reason I went with Family Mobile in the first place is because they were T-Mobile which T-Mobile is an ok phone company but over the last year they have been horrible. First thing I noticed was the fact that they took away the hotspot which I used when I was out the house and needed to use my computer. Now they are making me jump through hoops just to pay my phone bill. Also I have dropped calls a lot. Internet now moves slower. I'm thinking very hard about saying???Cause TracFone isn't the company I wanted to be with at all.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I am so incredibly frustrated and disappointed. I am a long time customer, several years. I called to pay my bill today and was told they no longer accept payment from bank accounts?? After about 2 hours with numerous reps, who do not have a clue about what's going on, they would not even give me a two day extension so I could pay with a debit or credit card. No prior notification from them that anything had changed! One very upset customer right now!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchase a kit from Walmart, because they said it’s powered by T-Mobile and it has a good service. Adding a refill is terrible. I purchased a refill through T-Mobile directly but adding to the sim is a nightmare. Every time I call they direct me to TracFone, other network and Walmart Family phone. When I finally been connected to Walmart family phone there is no option on how to add the refill that I already purchased from T-Mobile and there is no option to talk to a representative. This is a very frustrating and poor customer service product. I don’t understand why T-Mobile was drag into such poor quality service.

The Walmart Family welcome kit is a waste and expensive and not the worth purchasing. I might end up losing the refill I purchase directly from Walmart. Beware not to purchase this item or patrionize it. I hope you’ll come up with a better customer service and a very friendly process Walmart Family Mobile because it’s really terrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This is the worst service Of any company I've ever worked with. I'm suppose to be on a family plan with my son but every month for the last three month I have had to call to have either my sons phone reactivated due to a glitch on your end and no one can give me any answers why. I've be disconnected on several time when my question could not be answered. I am very unhappy with the quality of customer service I have received.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Walmart Family Mobile systematically deleted voicemails of my deceased relative that I was continually resaving. When calling Customer Service, there was no sympathy for being unable to retrieve and no compensation offered for this tragic error! Service is cheap, you truly do get what you pay for! Don't choose this service!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company doesnt give a ** about your time, money or the way they treat their customers. Piss poor customer service, constant hoops and runaround when trying to get a refund. It's been 4 months! And still not a check in the mail.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 6 patient months, I'm done! It saddens me that I am forced to give this customer service nightmare one star. That's one too many. As has been mentioned before, since TracFone stepped in, each and every month, I get disenrolled even after signing up for auto renew. Every month I go through the sign up process. I feel stupid for sticking with them for as long as I did.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My 86-year-old, hearing impaired mother relies on texting to check in regularly and has had this plan for about 4 years. However, a year and a half ago she moved and changed the number in her new city. There have been many problems with some of my texts (no images) reaching her and she'll get some message saying "downloading content..." that never stops. Nothing ever loads and we have to delete the message. Sending a photo could really hang things up so we never did that. The most recent hassle is that suddenly, last week, out of nowhere, her phone number disappeared and reverted to an earlier number from her previous city. I called Customer Support and they said they have no record whatsoever or her phone number, only the old one. I asked what could have changed? They said that Family Mobile changed to Tracs and maybe that was it. But they said that happened in May and it's December now.

The billing is another problem, altogether. Randomly, she's had the phone shut off for non-payment even though she had auto-pay and the bill was paid. They could never find her current number so I told them to just cancel everything and close her account. It's actually less expensive monthly for a better plan if you just go to a regular T-Mobile store instead. That's what I'm doing tomorrow. It's a very challenging situation, overall, for someone who is hearing-impaired and not confident enough with cell phones to know this is messed up.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Absolutely frustrated with TracFone service, customer service, call quality. Everything but the worse part is the customer service. They are not professional in any way. Not knowledgeable about the service and definitely not interested in satisfying their paying customers. Current situation, I paid my phone bill Friday 22, text messaging isn't working. They tell me it's my phone or sim card. Absolutely incorrect. I have two phones on my account and both aren't working. Did I mention they are completely two different phones HTC and Samsung. So I spent the majority of my day on the phone with them (currently on my 3rd call 6:30 pm) still no satisfaction. Losing my service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm so frustrated, I could explode. Walmart Family Mobile charged my bill three times and now I have to wait 6 business days for a refund and that was literally all the money I have for Christmas and Walmart Family Mobile just stole it. This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever had to deal with and no one can help me the entire hour I was on the phone with them. I'm dropping service this is happening way too often where my money was either misplaced or I was charged too much. Goodbye Family Mobile. I will not be recommending your services to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Dec 1st, my charger for a replacement phone sent by WFM was defective as the prongs for the tip to be seated properly in the phone were bent. I called to have another charger sent. I was told that it would take 24hr to process the trouble ticket and that I would receive it 3 to 5 business days after processing. Dec 10th, the ticket is still processing and I am complaining to customer service because it has been past the allotted time and now at this point, the battery life of the phone has start to degrade (fast charging phone must use fast chargers of that brand to keep an accurate charge due to the chip in the power adapter and the size of the usb cord). They told me that they were going to escalate it and get the charger out to me in 3 to 5 business days.

Called on the 12th to see if the ticket has been processed and again, it wasn't. At this time I was told that there was none in stock and that it would take over three weeks to get a new charger. So my battery performance has dropped to where I used to be able to charge it three times a week to every day. The rep agreed to send me another replacement phone which would have a new battery and charger since the battery is non-removable. Got confirmation on 14th my replacement phone has been processed and will be here on the 21st. The rep also told me that when I get my phone I need to call so that I can set up the phone. Now the whole time dealing with them they have told me that I will be getting a credit for the days that I am having issues with my phone. 21st and I have my account tracking the delivery through FedEx, I get a delivery exception and call.

FedEx tells me that the package was deem undeliverable due to the apt number missing. I know that I told the rep the address and added that it is the same address on the account. FedEx told me that I had to go get it from the hub if I wanted because of the restrictions on the package not to change the address and only the shipper can do that. I leave tonight for the Christmas holiday so waiting to tomorrow or having it ship somewhere else is not an option and using hangovers to make calls suck. Called again customer service and this is where it ** hits the fan. Pissed because of the issues just trying to get what I paid for, I demanded that my credit owed to me and confirmed by various reps be placed on my account now since I have to go get my package from the shipping company instead it being delivered. Told that this wasn't the right department and transferred to another department.

Spoke to a rep that told me she was in the corporate office and she was telling me that I had to wait to the 29th to get the phone, I told her I had an email that has the tracking number and my personal account tracked it here in my city, and that it couldn't be delivered to me as the address on the phone was wrong. Noticing the address in the confirming email, it was wrong too. My address is so easy that the only way to mess it up is not listening to what I am saying. She said that another department can change the address and that it could be ship to me tomorrow or Monday. I told her that that wasn't acceptable to me as I need the phone today and that I have already made plans to pick up the phone from the hub. What I want is to be compensated for me doing what your company should have done.

After me explaining that I was going to get it myself 3 times, she finally told me that I needed to have the phone with me so that she can verify that I have it. Now that I have the phone, I called back to get the credit applied to my account for this messed up situation. Got transferred to the corporate office again and spoke to a rep who after the last rep said that she would put in notes that I had to call back when I have my phone to get the credit. She put me on hold for 15 minutes looking into my account and told me that I wasn't getting a credit because the ticket was made on the 14th and that it will be delivered on the 29th. I told her that, "I have the device right now, as a matter of fact that I am on it right now" and I was told that I had to call back to get the credit applied to my account when I physically have the phone.

Then she put me on hold for another 10 minutes. Tells me that I was able to use the phone the whole time and that I will not be getting a credit. I told her that the issue doesn't have to do with my service but the fact that I received a defective product that damaged my phone and since Dec 1st, I have been trying to rectify the situation. This is the reason your company sent me a new phone with a new charger. Everyone from day one has told me that I will be getting a credit and the fact that I had to get my own package because your company didn't get the address right and your mess ups I was getting this credit. She said that she had to confer with her manager and I said fine. After another 10 minutes away from the phone she comes back and tells me no again. At this point I asked for the manager and she told me that he is dealing with a customer and I told her I'll wait.

After every two minutes telling me he's still busy and to hold, the third time she hung up the phone midsentence. I called back and in the middle of the automated greeting I see a call from a 800 number. Before I could click over it hangs up again. In the call center industry, they call that GHOSTING because it shows that the call was disconnected and the rep made an effort to call back but really did nothing. This company customer service is beyond horrible and my background as a former Call Center Training Manager and BS in Computer Science allows me to identify the ** and let me know that the standard of training for this company is minimal at best. Can't understand how a company this size can afford to have such bad responses.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

You have the most worst customer service I've ever encountered! The reps have no idea what they are doing. They do not speak proper English or professionally. The so called manager will deliberately place you on hold for extreme long period of time and claim to be deaf when you're calling for her. They basically make you hang up so the call drop rate remains low.

I think Family Mobile are thieves! They say they give you a discount but if you add another discount they will reduce the initial discount to provide the other discount so in reality you're really not getting the full discount amount you thought you're getting and none of the reps or manager can properly explain that except the fact that since that's what the system says so they need to process that amount. When you ask if there is anyone else I can speak with, they continue to talk about processing payment... This company mobile service is not bad but everything else sucks. I would never recommend such service. I will be changing my carrier. Every time I have to called these dingbats it's always a bad experience...

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I paid my bill and I called customer service because I was unable to receive and send text messages and the lady had to wait for her system to upload the information for like half hour to tell me I didn't get service for this month when I just paid!!! Then waited another 10 minutes for her to say "ok I see that you did." OMG! Horrible service! This company is going down due to their horrible customer service...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was always happy with Walmart Family Mobile for about 5 years while T-Mobile was the carrier and would have rated it a 5 until the carrier changed without notification. I have been trying for months to be able to access my account online to pay my bill online. Numerous phone calls to customer service always with the same answer "We are having problems with the website" but it is never fixed. I was forced to give them my credit card number. I was supposed to get text messages for balance due, or the amount they are withdrawing from my account. But they are working on that too for months now.

In November I still was not able to access my account at their website and the bill due date was the following day. I had to call them to find out if they billed my account or needed money to keep phone working. Well that call resulted in their billing me a second time for the month of November on my bank statement. $45 dollars became $90 so I had to call them again. They acknowledged the error and would credit me through the Month of December. I still don't get text messages or US mail from them and still cannot get online to check my account with them.

Now I'm starting to get fluctuating speed test results from the Internet connection that affects cell phone gaming. I now think it's time to go back to T-Mobile and say goodbye to Walmart Family Mobile. I'm lucky to have bought an unlocked phone and am not under a contract with Walmart Family Mobile. I cannot access my account online and they don't send out a bill. So as for verification you will have to take me at my word. The bill is about due and it would rather just go to T-Mobile than call Walmart Family Mobile and wait an hour online to be danced around another hour. I'm fed-up.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I used to love Walmart Family Mobile. My whole family was on the plan and we had excellent service. That all changed when T-Mobile sold Walmart Family Mobile to TracFone. For my phone personally, I only had service for one week out of the month. When we called customer service, they said that I wasn't telling the truth and had service! A month later they deactivated my phone service officially, so I couldn't use my phone at all. We called again and the only answer we could get was that I had no more air time which was a huge lie.

I had not been able use my phone for two and a half months, we were still paying for it and our plan gives unlimited calling ability in the U.S. For the other phones, whenever we have had issues customer service has only been helpful once. That is because it is always someone who is a hard to understand non-native English speaker. The only person that was understandable and able to understand us was very helpful and seemed to have actually studied English in the U.S. My family is now switching back to a sub company run by T-Mobile. If TracFone actually wants to keep customers, they need to hire more people who actually speak proficient English and know how to do their job, and they need to give us better phone service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Thanks for the reviews informing me that Family Mobile from T-Mobile has changed to TracFone. I have been a customer since Family Mobile started and wouldn't have know about the change had it not been revealed in reviews. I was billed twice this month so I contacted T-Mobile to have one of the charges returned to me. I checked my banking statement the next day (after being told my card would be credited for the second payment charged) and I was charged yet again. Three charges for one month's service! When I contacted them again regarding the problem, it was like talking to someone who was clueless about what to do to help me. There were very long pauses when I asked questions and the replies were not related to my questions, at all. I agree with the other reviewers. It's definitely time to change carriers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Dealing with their customer service is a time-consuming nightmare, they're inefficient, incompetent, and negligent. They made unauthorized withdrawal payment from my bank card, meaning they charge me twice for the month of November, within a time frame of two days later, Nov. 4th I was charged $85, Nov. 6th I was charged $117. When I called they told they fixed the problem and I was going to get credit for next month. Next month my cell phone lines were deactivated, after long waiting and a lot of arguments, not until I told them I was going to sue Family Mobile they gave me credit for two lines and activated two lines. The third line was not activated, they kept insisting that I should give them my bank number, if I wanted that line back.

To make the story short, I went to my local Walmart to make the payment, and they wouldn't activate my third line. They made me go to Walmart twice, until Walmart manager step in and demanded them to verify then they went the extra mile and activated my third line. They're fraudulent, do not give them your bank card number to make automatic payments, they're shady, and computer illiterate. Their customer representative is a total nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

On four VERY LONG calls to representatives that spoke English, but obviously did not understand, I am still without service. They had the wrong phone sent out. In an effort to rectify the wrong phone, they sent out the wrong SIMS card. Every call consisted of "What's your SIMS number? What's ur MI number?" And transferred to a supervisor (not really a supr). Two weeks later... NO working phone. If you are Senior go with another carrier and pay $10 more.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I successfully switched to (Walmart) Family Mobile / T-Mobile. My big kudos goes to all Family Mobile customer/technical service reps for resolving my request ticket #**. I am a happy camper making savings with the FCC's intervention to terminate the service with Verizon (case #**). Verizon Wireless SUCKS!

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information