Walmart Family Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had the worst experience ever with a phone company. I've been a customer for 2 years, but since whatever merger happened, I'm ready to jump ship. My telephone service has been INCORRECTLY disconnected twice since June 2017. I've called customer service, who I can barely understand, and they're misinformed and completely useless. I have a CREDIT that should be applied, so I PAID the difference, AHEAD of time like usual, but somehow my line was DISCONNECTED. I called CS, and somehow my CREDIT is “MISLACED", (whatever that means) but HOW?

Then, I spoke with Roy, a CS manager, he states that I'll receive a FREE month of service (waive my July payment) because of the error. He assures me, after questioning the validity of his statement for several minutes, that my account will not terminate as of July 14, 2017. AND that my payment will not be DUE until August 14, 2017. I have texts to prove it. But guess what, I went to place a call and my line is yet again, DISCONNECTED. I'm livid. I now have to wait until the morning, to spend needless minutes on a call with someone I can safely understand about the same issue. Thank God I have wifi so I'm able to write this review. I'm greatly disappointed, disgusted, disturbed, and dissatisfied with this new merger and service.

Every month when I get my next payment alert, which is normally 20 days before the end date, my data turns off. I have been with Family Mobile for some years now. First Straight Talk and now Family Mobile. I cannot download any photos that I receive via text message. This is a inconvenience because pictures sent via text will expire if not downloaded. I have called several times regarding my data and why it's cut off 2 weeks before my bill is due. The service is cheap but no need to cheat us because of the price. I want my data, the unlimited I signed up for but have still waiting to receive. Come on Walmart. You are rich, just keep your end of the bargain and give me my data. 15 days of data is nothing when I pay for 30 days of data.

I have had Walmart Family Mobile for 4 years. Never had one issue until TracFone took over. May 2017 tried to make a payment. They fought me on it. Then said there was a problem with their system. Was told would get the month of June free for my issue on all 4 lines. Called 4 times to verify this. All representatives all said the same thing. On June 15th all but two phones were shut off. Called back. Guess what. Yep I was threatened by customer service. They said they would shut the other two off for principal. In a nut shell hung up. Called back. Got the right person. Phones were back on. No money out of pocket. Wait there's more. July 2017 went to make payment. Now my bill should be about 156.00. They said nope 88.00. Will pay up all 4 lines till August 2017. I said "no that's not right." They assured me it was okay so I paid the amount.

July 10th got a text message. Two phone would be shut off. So I called. Was told to pay 4.95. To pay them till August 11th. So I did. Right after making the payment of 4.95 got a text phone will be shut off July 11th. Now mind you just got off the phone with them. Once again they assured me that meant it was the renewal date. That all was fine. July 12th two phones shut off. Now I'm hot. Call them "well yes we see you were told that but you were told wrong." Me: "not my problem." After 4 hours them admitting it was their fault had to pay another 24 dollars. So that was 3 transactions in one month to this company. Something needs to be done. I will be leaving them after this month. So consumers beware. Don't go to Walmart Family Mobile.

For two years I've had Walmart Family Mobile (my first cell phone, smart phone). Moved from Fla. to cali. The techs were right on it. Getting my data up to par. The techs were always helpful and understanding. Now the techs from TracFone had me reset my phone. It took out all the info I needed to get Data faster than a snail. Now they're telling me I used all my Data. How can that be when I haven't been and still don't get Data? One time in the past two years I forgot to pay my bill, they either texted me or called me and gave me a reminder not. TracFone they changed my due date (a week earlier). I woke up to no service, no warning, even if they gave a warning I probably wouldn't understand them anyway. As soon as I find another company with live tech help that's where I'm going.

I have had the Walmart T-Mobile Family plan for a few years with no major problems, except dropped calls and poor telephone customer service. However a couple of months ago I noticed changes in the billing and found there had been a merger or something with TracFone, it went downhill from there. June 30, 2017 I received the usual text reminder of the next bill due date, only now it says, "next renewal date" is 7/14/2017 and give the walmartfamily.com address and my account number. On July 6th my phone battery died very quickly and the phone shut off. I recharged it but when the phone came back up I had "Emergency Call" service only and could not make or receive phone calls.

I borrowed a phone to call customer service and after speaking to 3 people for an hour, they all said my phone number did not exist and the serial number from the phone did not show that it was an activated phone. How does a phone number suddenly not exist overnight. I purchased the phone LG7, 8 months ago from Walmart and a sim card and it was activated and have been using that phone ever since then. So how could it not be activated. They would not even look at the account number that I have with Walmart Family Mobile, and I suspect that all of that information and years of payment have been wiped out with the new merger to TracFone.

So I paid for a month of service and only had 5 1/2 days of phone use for the month of July, NO phone service and No refund because I don't exist anymore. It might not do any good but I am writing the corporate office and contacting the local news station consumer rights to see if they want to read some of these reviews and follow up. Here is the address to Tracfone and telephone number. Tracfone Wireless, Inc. ATTN: Executive Resolution Dept. 9700 N.W. 112th Ave. Miami, FL 33178. 305-640-2000.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

My wife and I do much business at the Walmart store on Highway 64 in Bartlett, TN. My wife and I have had mobile phone service through Walmart Family Mobile for about seven years and have had good service during that time. The prices were low, call quality was good and data speed and connections were okay. I decided to get a new phone since my old phone had stopped working properly when it came to connecting to the internet and data speed. I believe there was some sort of merger with Family Mobile and TracFone and I believe it cause a lot of people to purchase new phones.

On July 1st, 2017 I purchased an LG Fiesta for $99.00 and went back on today (July 7th) when I saw the phone for $59.99 at Best Buy. Walmart has a "price-match" policy and I went back to get the difference. What transpired at customer service over the next 45 minutes or so was a Walmart manager attempting to give me reason after reason why they could not honor the price-match: "It is not the same phone." I then showed her that the model I had and the Best Buy phone were the same phone. "It must be price-matched within 7 days." I showed her the receipt dated July 1st. "It has to be in stock." I showed her on my phone the Best Buy website showing multiple stores in Memphis with a number of phones ready for pickup "today" - in stock. "I need to call the store to make sure."

After fumbling with her mobile phone several minutes, she finally said to the counter person, "Go ahead and give him the difference." But wait. This was not the end of it. While still at customer service trying to complete the transaction I noticed that I could not connect to the internet even after trying several times. I said this and the customer service agent heard me say it. Nevertheless, I took my refund and left.

While in the parking lot in the vehicle something told me to try to make a call. I could not call out. The phone had been working since I bought it but something must have happened at customer service. I finally assumed that they deactivated it on purpose or by mistake. I decided to take the phone home and activate it online. I tried but it would not accept the SIM card number. I called tech support telling him the number I wanted ported to the phone. By the time he finished I checked making an outgoing call - good. Internet access - good.

After hanging up I found out that he had taken my wife's number and ported it to my phone. Now her phone is not working and she probably doesn't understand why. I called tech support back and explained what had happened. They said they needed the IMEI number from her phone in order to put the original number back on her phone and told me to call back when I had both phones so that they could fix everything at once. I called back when my wife came home from work and connected to tech support. Now, I consider myself a pretty easy going guy, but what happened over the next 40-50 minutes or so was a mild trip to hell. I spoke with one agent who stated that she was having some difficulties and finally stating that she had never seen our situation before and would have to escalate to a another department and agent.

After waiting on the phone possibly 20 minutes because of call volume in the higher department, I was finally able to speak with them. After checking this and that they concluded that I needed a new SIM card on my wife's phone because the SIM had been in use since 2010 and then she could get her number back. They said that they would send out a new SIM card in a few days. I told them that that was incorrect information because we had just purchased the LG k7 only several months ago. I don't believe the phone was around in 2010. They didn't want to hear this. They did not seem to care that she would be without a phone for "several" days. I then told them that their solution was unacceptable so I escalated to a manager. The manager finally came and asked me for some information about my new phone and finally concluded that my wife's phone needs a new SIM card and that the card was very old and will no longer work.

I told her it was working 90 minutes ago with no problem until they did something on their end. Nevertheless, I finally saw that this was a losing battle and told the manager never mind and hung up. I am currently looking for another provider and will cancel the one wrong-number, wrong-working Walmart Family Mobile phone when I do. I guess I will hold on to the other phone because it is not returnable being several months old. This is what actually happened and I really feel that we were black-balled at the store and by tech support because I used Walmart policy to save myself $40.00. I understand now that this Walmart is getting rid of "price-matching" effective July 17, 2017 according to an in-store sign. I wonder why.

Family Mobile charged us for 3 lines for many months when we only had 2. Spent 2 hours on the phone with them and was assured this bill would have a credit. No credit on the bill. Have no trust in Family mobile.

I paid my bill of 20.00 on May 30th 2017 at the Walmart Customer Service. I paid 41.00 which should have been 2 months of service. June 30th 2017 my phone was turned off for non payment. I have called Walmart and been in the store. I have called Family Mobile only to be told that I need to contact Walmart and it is not their problem. I am owed 20.00 or else my phone service back on but I can not get anywhere with either of these places. I refuse to ever pay either of these companies another penny until my money is found. Of course Family Mobile is no help since they are now TracFone. They suck and the customer service is rude and anytime a manager is requested the person who answers the phone says they are a manager. I am now reporting them to the BBB and the FCC and I will not stop until my money is returned.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE Ever!!! If you don't want to stay on hold for hours or get shuffled through 6 or 7 different people who have no idea what they're doing! Only wanted to activate a cell phone after 3 days of trying to talk to people who hardly understand English. Two trips back to the Wal-Mart to exchange a phone that probably didn't have anything wrong with it because the guy on the line got tired and just wanted rid of me. Caution with this company. BUYER Beware!

I wish I could put a negative 1 star. These people are evil. Do not choose Walmart Family Mobile. They do not speak English. They cannot understand English to help you with your problems. The WiFi will switch to your 4G data completely on its own. Even if you stay in one location all day the carrier switches to your data and uses it all up. If I put my phone on WiFi I want it to stay on WiFi and save my data not have this terrible and sneaky phone carrier do that to me. As of May 2017 all calls that you have blocked for harassment or vulgar language. This Walmart Family Mobile non American owned company will and does have a right to unblock those calls. That's right. Unblock your calls you have blocked. Why? They say that it is not fair for the person calling and tormenting you. They have no concern for your happiness. You can only pay your bill to them and do not ask for any customer service of them.

I have a police report from threatening calls and Walmart Family Mobile. Said no they cannot block any numbers coming in on my line. The callers threatened to kill me, and rape me. They now call from a unknown number so I cannot continue to report them. If someone threatens your life and won’t stop calling you it will come up as unknown and Walmart Family Mobile will not tell you the number so that you can report them. They used to block up to 10 calls for free but now they will proudly tell you that it just isn't fair to block any numbers under any circumstance. They say their policies have changed because they have signed different contracts with foreign countries and they are no longer able to help you or prevent these bad threatening calls.

Choose American owned like Verizon. They may charge you more but it is 100% safer. My child's life has been threatened more than once just because they answer the phone and start crying because of threats. Just random foreign phone calls. The accent and language is exactly the same as the Walmart Family Mobile representatives. The threatening phone calls are from India and Muslims. I have had the police deal with the ones that they could trace and have filed from me. This cell phone carrier will tell you to download apps that take up space on your phone storage and put viruses on your phone and cause more calls to call you and yell and threaten you. They say download an app to block the bad calls to do what they should do because they say that they cannot step in the middle of the problem. You can pay them monthly for a bill but they are not in service with you.

They Walmart Family Mobile is under terms and contract with these foreign countries that are calling people and threatening you. The foreign callers are all in relation with these mean prank callers. Unfortunately the police will tell you for the safety of your family. If a cell phone carrier will not participate in your safety and happiness that it is up to you to leave the company and I agree. I really don't care how anyone feels about my review because I once liked this cell phone carrier. But when you tell them your life is being threatened on a daily basis and you keep hearing the p word, f word, and these people know your first and last name it’s a sad and angering life. Your phone company should work with you to stop this. I am safe and don't give out my email or fall for any spam, prank junk mail but, none of that matters if you are with Walmart Family Mobile because you are guaranteed to be hurt by the phone calls.

I am urging you to Google American owned and American located cell phone carriers where it is a requirement and the law for cell phone carriers to be regulated and to resolve terrible phone call matters quickly and take them seriously. And believe me that is a peace of mind that money cannot buy. Good luck. I hope I save many people from my family's hardship that was born and thrives from the existence. Walmart Family Mobile gives your name and phone number away to people who will call you and curse at you and threaten you. Goodbye Walmart Family Mobile and hello Verizon and all other American owned cell phone carriers. You’re welcome for the honesty. If you don't like my words then realize that I don't like a company like this that is out of control with these terrible calls and is proud and laughs about not stopping them from calling me or protects me.

Good riddance and God bless. Remember: Choose USA operated like T-Mobile US, MetroPCS using GCM, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular Virgin Mobile USA provides prepaid wireless service using Sprint’s CDMA and 4G LTE network. Double check to make sure they are American owned because American owned means regulated and they have to follow laws.

Horrible. I'm outraged at my last attempt to figure out what the hell is wrong with Family mobile service. I want my money back! Be warned everyone who is thinking about giving this company a try. DON'T! I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF! I want my money back. I have never in my life felt so stupid for staying with Family mobile. I think companies that take our hard earned money and don't or won't fulfill their contract obligations should be made to or refund one's money! Stealing is against the law and just wrong so I guess the joke is on all of us because they took all of our money and just like that not even three days and yeah I know I have been RIPPED OFF! Don't do it. They are going to rip you off too!

I have been a Walmart family mobile customer for 2 years... loved them, great service, great data, no hidden fees $124 a month for 4 lines. On Mother's Day I received a new phone. I called customer service to have it activated. However after spending the entire day, I'm not kidding, I literally was on the phone being transferred and disconnected for 5 hours only to be told that they needed to open up a ticket and to call back in 24 hours. I called back the next day. Now I'm told that I need to purchases different SIM card because the one I have wasn't working so I did. To my local Walmart I went to purchase a new SIM card.

Returned home. Called customer service again to be told that the company is In transition to Tracfone??? Waited, transferred, and transferred again then told I needed to purchase a Tracfone. "Bring your own phone kit because of the switch." So off to Walmart I went and purchased a Tracfone byop SIM card, still didn't work.

Now I'm told my number is in transition and they were having trouble with my line and to please call back in 24 hours. The next day I call customer service and this gentleman chuckled when I told him that I had purchased a Tracfone SIM card, he said, "You have Family Mobile. Why would you purchase a Tracfone sim?" Back to Walmart purchased a FM SIM card again tried to activate, same problem but this time it gave me the option of just activating so I did and was given a temporary phone number until my number could be switched. Great now I have a working phone... 2 days later I attempted to transfer my number again... 2 hours and 3 representatives later my number is transferred finally.

Then my phones are disconnected 2 days later, so I attempted to pay the bill online but my number resulted in an error message, I was told to pay at your local Walmart, which I tried they didn't have access to the new system. Back on the phone with cs to be told that they have to create another ticket... my line was reinstated as a courtesy while the error was fixed.

On to the following month my service disconnected again, couldn't reach cs, tried the automated text which said my bill was $155.18, why I wonder because my bill has been $124 for 2 years, whatever at this point I'm just trying to pay for my service so I attempted to pay the bill but the system would not take payments as it was reporting 0 balance, called cs and was told the same thing that they cannot process the bill because it's reading $0 balance due. I informed them that the bill on my end said $155.18 but they still could not process it and they would not restore service and wanted me again to try back in 24 hours. Oh heck no Tracfone. At this point I'm DONE! I loved Walmart family mobiles service and efficiency but this merger/sale or whatever with Tracfone is the worst, I immediately switched over to T-Mobile service.

After reading 500 + bad reviews I laughed. I have been with the provider for 2 years now with only 1 complaint. Their contact people are hard to understand so I usually pay my bill at an unbusy store. Now that Tracfone owns them I may switch though.

Purchased the 6GB plan. Inserted the SIM card into a brand new phone and turned on the cellular data tracker. At exactly 4GB, my internet speed was drastically slowed to the point that web pages didn't load at all. I immediately called customer service to report this issue. Customer svc rep told me: "YOU slowed your data speed when you went over your limit." I asked what his records showed as far as my data usage being over the limit. He couldn't tell me. Because he said he didn't have access to those records. So I asked how he knew he went over my data limit in that case. He repeated the same: "You slowed your data speed..." I then informed him that my cellphone data tracker puts me at 4GB and I paid for 6GB, so why are they are slowing my data down? He had no response, so I asked to speak with a supervisor.

Supervisor was a liar and inept too. First he said he didn't have access to my data usage, then said I used EXACTLY 6GB and that's why my data is slowed. I questioned how it's possible that I used exactly 6GB. So then he said I used 6.2GB. Both reps were rude and totally clueless. Walmart was recently class action sued for this. Seems they didn't learn their lesson. Only do business with them if you want to be robbed.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday for 40 minutes yesterday to just put my mother's line onto my account. I was told to wait for the information to load every minute by the agent for 30 mins. I then wasn't (and am still unable to) able to change her data plan for her line via the site at all. Her line doesn't show up though I have 3 different service paid through dates now. IDK how that's even possible. I called and was on the line for another 30 minutes.

After all the time on the line to simply change her data plan, I was told to call back before the service renewal date. I asked but what do I have to do to just change her plan and they told me to call back again at another time. HOW IS THAT SERVICE AT ALL??? I then tried changing her password, it sent the email to change it via the call center person to my email for my phone. It only changed my account's password, not for her number several times and the password works on her account on confirm password pages but not on the main login page for the account. How is the possible at all either??? I then tried calling tonight and their site call center time said open for the time yet the phone line said they were closed 2 hours at least ahead of the online site hours stated. Plus the service has drastically downgraded the last few months. This is getting absurd anymore.

Warning warning warning!! Do not buy or use Family Mobile. My phone will not get service unless I keep it on my wifi through Spectrum at home. I take it off wifi get emergency calls only!! Called customer service several times and same steps taken from different reps no change in service. I get voice mails that show up 4 days later after message left. Phone only rings 1/2 the time. Got to sit still and hold phone still or I go in and out and people can't hear me. Stuck with a locked phone will not unlock phone unless I stay with them 1 year. No way on disability and need reliable phone service. Family Mobile you just lost me as a customer. You can take this LG K7 phone/Service and shove it up your **!! The 1 star you got, your company deserves 0 stars!! Was required to give 1 star to post this.

I have been a customer since 2012 and never had a problem. If I couldn't pay my bill until Friday and it came due on Tuesday for instance for as little as $1 I could extend my bill until Friday. This was fantastic until in May I forgot the date and realized it the next morning to find my phone was shut off, now they used to give you 2 days and a reminder text, apparently that went by the wayside when TracFone took over servicing them which I might add that they never informed customers was going to happen. So I paid my bill and service was restored. Ok no big deal you might think it was my fault after all. Then my husband's phone broke.

Well I had a service contract for the phone through Walmart but needed a date to get the receipt copy from them because I misplaced it so again I make a phone call to customer service to get a date that it was put into service since that would give me a starting point, this is when I found out that they were no longer part of the T-mobile network not when I paid my bill. They told me they couldn't help me because all information was purged when TracFone took over. They were so rude to me both times that I talked to them I decided to start shopping for a new carrier. Well switch I did and now I want to unlock my phones so I can use them with my new network, I mean the phone was in perfectly good condition and I paid for the whole thing upfront so why not use what I have instead of paying up to $800 for a new phone right.

Wrong -- 10 days have gone by and they still have not unlocked my phones and I call almost everyday. Twice I was given specific days that it would happen and still hasn't happened. They have hung up on me at least 4 times (no I did not lose service as I was on a landline). Most of them do not speak English very well and they must be required to use a headset that none of them no how to wear because you can never hear them very well. The sad part of all this is that until TracFone took over I used to laugh at others for paying so much for their phone bill and recommended them, gave them 5 star reviews to people, now the one star I am giving them is really too much.

Somebody, please tell me how a phone number you've had for over 5 years with the same company just disappears a day after you pay the bill. First of all, I did not know that TracFone bought out Family Mobile. Long story short... lost my phone on the way home from work this morning. Went over to Walmart and purchased a Galaxy. Had problems with the phone saying the SIM card was not in the phone when actually it was. After a conversation with the customer service rep at Family Mobile/TracFone that got me nowhere, I took the phone back up to Walmart for them to try and make some sense of the situation. The Manager of the mobile center got on the phone with the customer service rep at Family Mobile/TracFone and we still got nowhere. The Manager of the mobile center in Walmart said, "Let's try a new phone", so she refunded that phone and I bought a new one.

The Manager of the Walmart mobile center then gets back on the phone with the rep. again for me and NOW the Family Mobile/TracFone rep says that the phone has not been scanned correctly in the system and isn't allowing it to transfer over the service. At this point, I get my money back for the phone and call it quits. I had literally been on and off the phone and back to the store trying to get this phone to work for hours. Now comes another problem. I had just paid the bill for the month the day before. I called Family Mobile/TracFone to get my money back for the services that I wasn't going to be able to use. Would you believe these people have no record of my phone number? Some guy tells me that he would need my serial number off of the phone I just lost, REALLY!!! I have another phone attached to the account that is still active so I was able to pull up the account and view it.

There is no payment history of any bills that were paid to include the bill I had paid the day before all this mess happened. I called customer service back and after what seemed like another hour of repeating my story of this ridiculous morning, this foreign speaking guy claiming to be a manager deliberately hangs up on me because I was asking him how am I supposed to come up with a serial number on a missing phone that was on my phone profile hours literally ago, and how did my phone number just disappear?

This company also messed me over on 3 days of service. My bill was always due on the 25th. They cut my phone off on the 22nd for non-payment. Also, they kept a whole month's fee for a service that I won't be using. I would urge anyone not to do business with Family Mobile. Even though TracFone has bought them, I believe they are still being called Family Mobile at this time. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I hope this post helps someone who is doing their homework before deciding on a mobile provider.

Do not buy this phone for your child. It apparently is a ZTE 6.0 whatever that means and is incompatible with Google. Meaning your child cannot download any apps, games, or protect her with Google's Family Link. Not worth anything. Awful experience. Plus it's way too big at 4.5in. Highly dissatisfied. When I called to inquire through Walmart's support page they couldn't even give me an alternative way to access the play app or the internet. This phone beyond sucks.

I had my Walmart Family Mobile number for 11 1/2 years. I used my phone all day on Monday. When I got up on Tuesday, my phone said "not in service"??? When I got home from work, I went online to our account, and my number no longer existed, just my husband's. When I called customer service on Wednesday, the 1st rep said they had no record AT ALL of my phone number! How can this be, I've had it for 11 1/2 years?!?! She said she couldn't help me. So fine transfer me to someone who CAN help me. Then she says she's the one that can help me. WHAT??? After 45 minutes of this run around I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said she was a supervisor, so I said I want to talk to someone higher up than her.

I did finally get a senior supervisor and I spend almost another 45 minutes getting the same run around from him. My number doesn't exist, the phone that I have had 11 1/2 years "is a new phone that's never been activated". He said he would have to send me a new SIM card and then I will have to call and activate my phone. The people at customer service have NO IDEA what customer service is and they couldn't have cared less about my situation. I have sent a 2 page letter to the TracFone resolution department, but I expect no reply. We will be getting a new carrier. If any of you know anyone who is thinking about get Family Mobile, tell them to RUN the other way! I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM GETTING FAMILY MOBILE!!!!

I have been in Family Mobile for over two years no problem and then last month during their migration with TracFone it all went down hill and I cancelled my service. I tried call make payment and was told my account was locked up for to migration period and they could not take my payment and guaranteed me that my phone would not be shut off and I could make payment in three days. Well next day my phone was shut off and I could not get it turned back on because account still locked up. I had no phone for 18 days because their system would not unlock my account and be when I finish able make payment and get phone back on the system only recognized three lines and not the main line (mine) so I could not get my number turned on only my kids three lines and I had use one of theirs as my line now.

I never got noticed of next month bill and our lines were turned off and I went to pay bill and after 35 mins on phone lady said their system is down and I need call back in two hours. Well four hours later the system is up and I make payment and lady says thank you and hung up. I called back because my phone did not come on and they had no record of me making payment five minutes ago. I cancelled my account and now going to AT&T. Worst worst service ever at Family Mobile.

My name is Beverly **. I paid my bill on last month and they couldn’t explain to me why my bill went from twenty one dollars to thirty something dollars. I explained to them I was on the lifeline program. They still didn’t tell me anything. It caused me to go in overdraft because I wasn’t planning on paying that amount. This month I called and asked for an extension and was told I couldn’t get one on my bill. I was told I could pay it then I told him if I could have paid it then I would but I’m laid off from my job and I could not pay. I never had a problem in paying my bill and I never had this done to me... Your customer service is the worst that I have experienced in my life. Now my phone is deactivated and I no longer want your services.

I have used Family Mobile for two years. They have always been great and affordable. Once they switched from T-MOBILE to TracFone it is awful. I have intermittent service which cause lost calls, texts not being sent, and my battery to drain quickly due to it constantly looking for service. I live in a large city. This shouldn't happen! I will be ending my service as soon as this pay period is over. Do NOT use this service!! Waste of money!

I've been a Walmart Family Mobile customer since July 2013. I've been paying $35 per month (less than $39 a month total) for years, due on the 5th of the month. Last month (May 2017), I signed up for autopay. On May 29th, I tried to log into my account and got a message to call customer service. I called and they reset my password - still couldn't login.

On June 1st, I was charged $44.65. Tried to log in with new password, still couldn't and called Walmart Family Mobile Customer Service again. They reset the password again and told me it might take a while to happen. On June 3rd, I tried again to login, got the same message, called and they reset my password again. While still on the line, I did a Google search and found another website from Google Family Mobile, tried to login and it let me in. The new website is operated by TracFone. I told Walmart Customer Service about the new website. Looking through the website, I found that it was very rudimentary and couldn't find my bill. On June 12th, I logged in again and found my bill breakdown under "Payment History".

It appears that my monthly rate had changed ($35 to $39.88) and my due date had been changed to the last day of the month (30th from the 5th). All of this occurred without notification. I filled out a 'feedback' form on the website and included my email address. I received a reply email with a different 800 number and a PIN for English (another PIN for Spanish). I called the 800 number and waited through the menu... Walmart Family Mobile was the #9 company listed. After speaking to a customer service representative, I was told that nothing could be done - my new rate was $39.88.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC. I would love to hear that someone is starting a class action suit against TracFone and Walmart for the way that my personal information and credit card information was 'sold' without notice to me as well as they have changed my monthly rate without notice and double charged me for 6 days. At this time I would NOT recommend purchasing ANY phone from Walmart as there is no telling who they might share/sell/trade personal information and/or credit card information with.

On May 25, 2017, my phone started showing no service Emergency calls only. After many phone calls to WFM, I was finally notified that WFM was sold to TracFone. All my APN settings were wiped out and I was unable to Save them after spending at least an hour on the phone with them instructing me how to add them back. I decided, FORGET THIS! I can't continue to call them, they can't (or won't) fix it and I need a phone, so I set up an account with TMobile. Now Walmart is telling me it could take 2 weeks minimum to provide me with unlocking instructions so I can use my phone somewhere else. I paid cash for this phone and am even one month ahead on my bill because their auto pay system debited my account twice. I'm furious. If they will not unlock my phone, I will be forced to buy a new phone, but at least that will be the final end to the lousiest phone service, tech support and customer service I have ever had. Goodbye WFM!

My renewal date always been the 15 of every month for the last 6 years... Last month I pay on the May 19 and it was an extra 20 fee for being 4 days late... Now this month my phone was cut off on June 12 before my renewal date which is June 15 and can't get in contact with customers service... This company ain't the same. I will never tell people to go to you all.

I have had 3 lines with Walmart Family Mobile since the company started a cellphone service. Recently I began receiving text messages from the company stating I needed to renew my contract on June 13. This really confused me because I had never received anything like this before. When I called the company I spoke to "Mike" in the Philippines and he told me that in order for my phone to stay on I needed to pay $124.91 by the 13th or my phones would be disconnected. I am so disgusted with this company. We will NO LONGER BE CUSTOMERS WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AND WOULD NOT ADVISE ANY TO SUPPORT THEM.

I switched to Sprint when I found out that Tmobile was going with Tracfone, which they did not tell their customers about. I went into Walmart to have them explain the messages I was getting about my renewal date, etc. I no longer had a contract with them to begin with. The Sprint rep explained the Tracfone change to me, which I confirmed on internet. He ported my number to Sprint, which in itself should have terminated me with Tmobile, they no longer own the number!

However, 5 days later I see an auto deduction from bank account from Tmobile, which is $5 more than I ever paid monthly. I called Tmobile; they didn't show I was discontinued with them; told me I CALLED IN and authorized a payment to them. NOT!! They didn't show me discontinued, etc. I told her over and over that I no longer have their service, I was using a new phone with my old number; that I discontinued service days ago. She had the nerve to tell me, "you expect me to buy that." I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said she was a supervisor. I proceeded to tell her how unprofessional she was in saying that to me. I told her if she still showed me as active to discontinue my account as of today.

Also, since they told me that the money they took was for the month of June, they owed me a refund. She said they do not owe me any money. I asked her "why?" She proceeded to put me in dead silence and never came back on the line, even after I held on for 20 minutes. There is no such thing as customer service any longer, anywhere, especially with this rip off company.

My husband and I have been with Walmart Family Mobile since 2013. We have had what you would expect from Walmart/T-Mobile. We have had rough patches with service and financially and would call to get them straightened out with ease. We used to be able to make payment arrangements when we were financially strapped. We were able to pay half now and the other half at a later date. Well since the switch to Tracfone it all changed. They do not do arrangements anymore and on top of that they have now applied a "Renewal" date for cellphone service. Our bill was due on the 14th every month. Which was perfect because we would have had the money for the bill. All of a sudden it's due on the 11th. Which now causes us to go without service for 3 days. Service has been cutting out a lot and have been having trouble with internet.

On top of that, I found out that we are only allowed a certain amount of gigs of internet then they slow your internet. But my service is suppose to be unlimited. We weren't warned of any switch or of any changes to our account. All we kept getting was text messages telling us about exciting changes and a new and better website. I see neither in our case. Customer service was hard to understand and they changed our due date. Yes it's only by a couple of days, but a couple of days to us determines which pay check it's coming out of. With no real warning can mess up things that are planned. We are currently looking for another carrier.

I've been a loyal WFM customer for several years and have recommended their service to many others. In the past couple of months WFM was bought out by TracFone and that's when all of my troubles started. Suddenly my reception is much worse, my phone was cut off due to non-payment even though my account has been on auto pay for many years and, unfortunately, we also signed on another phone at about the same time the change took place and haven't been able to use that phone for more than a couple of weeks because they said the service hadn't been renewed (even though it was supposed to be on automatic renewal).

I called customer service and they accomplished absolutely nothing in a very long amount of time. I've been unable to connect the two accounts online (also supposed to get a $5 discount with each line which we haven't gotten) because now I can't even get to my account online as no passwords work even though they sent me approximately 6-10 new ones. They were unable to resolve any issues and just kept asking me to call back in a few hours so they could update their computers. Even though I did that a couple of times, nothing was ever resolved and they asked me to call back again. I asked them to call me when they had it resolved and they said they don't do that and just kept repeating the same thing over and over.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and the rep said she was the supervisor (even though she had just told me she supposedly consulted with her supervisor earlier), then I asked to speak to the person above her and she said there wasn't anyone above her. I said "So you are the owner of the company?" and she said yes, she was. I asked for her name and she said it was Julie (which I seriously doubt was her real name since they were in India or somewhere) then asked for her last name and she said, "Why do you need my last name? I'm not giving you my last name." and hung up on me. I'm giving up on this company and canceling my service. But, if you like to pay for cell service you don't get and rude, incompetent customer service then this is your company! Wish that 0 stars was an option. Just wanted to give a warning to others out there.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Profile