Walmart Family Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was with AT&T for over 10 Years. The bill every month would change and so I was always stuck calling customer service to have it fixed. Finally, I was over it. The bill kept going higher and higher and changing! I have been with Family Mobile for a year. I just added my 2 children. For 3 lines with unlimited talk and text it is $75!! Plus tax (of Course). But the main reason for the review is because my identity was stolen and I was unable to pay my monthly bill. I had NO ACCESS to my funds until new Credit Cards were mailed to me (which was 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS!). Family Mobile extended my service for almost two weeks until I was able to pay. They did not hassle me and actually "Wished me the best and hoped everything worked out and that some things are out of our control." I would recommend them to anyone

I purchased my phone in Nov. Went online, activated the phone and added a $39.99 plan monthly. They keep sending me bills for $54.08. I called customer service on January 24th. The rep hardly speaks English, very hard to communicate. I did ask him for the $39.99 plan. According to him February's bill will be $39.99. I received a bill for February $54.08.

After moving back from Kentucky, where I was serviced wonderfully with the Walmart Family mobile that ran off of a prepaid AT&T I switched to Family Mobile up here which runs off a monthly billed service through T-Mobile. My husband bought sim cards in store, and brought them home to use in existing phones. The sims were $25 each, I believe. I watched him pop the sims out, put them in, and activate them. I heard him talking to a gentleman in regards to our phones to figure out how we needed to pay and such. I specifically had him ask the gentleman while I was listening that web was included only on his.

I use my phone frequently on wifi, as I am connected at work and at home. I've found prior that to use GPS I can activate the maps at home before I leave, and it won't lose signal after I leave as long as I've allowed it to load completely. Unfortunately, due to this, I never realized that my phone did indeed have internet on it. After a couple weeks, he stopped using his phone, as to having no signal at work, although we had signal at the house. I work about 40 minutes east of him, and received fair signal there and at the house, so I decided to keep service.

Used to prepaid, I waited until we rec. the first bill, and called to cancel his line and ask about the bill as it was more than I expected. This was January 4th. The lady I spoke with assured me I would not be billed for the 4 days of service on his phone. I asked about the bill, and she told me that we were BOTH paying for web. I told him I specifically was set-up without web, and asked her to remove it. She assured me I would not be charged for web. As to whether she meant the last 4 days, or the entire time, I can't pretend to know at this point. She told me to call again and talk to them if there were any other errors as it would take some time to show up on the account.

My bill was due on the 16th of January. I called in a couple days prior and spoke with a man to ask about the bill before I paid. I wanted to make sure that my husband's line was canceled and that my line did NOT have internet. After he reviewed my account, he informed me that my line NEVER had internet. I specifically told him that the girl I spoke with on the 4th told me I DID have web, and asked him why she would have said this. He repeated I never had web, was NEVER charged for web, and that he had no clue why she said that to me. After feeling reassured that everything was OK I paid.

This month, for the bill due on February I received a bill for $40 and some. My bill is supposed to be $25 text and talk ONLY. I called in, spoke with a girl again, and she told me I was charged for internet for 2 lines for the first 4 days until I called, and that I had been also charged for service on his for that time frame. I told her I was told I didn't have internet, and when we set up the phones, we never called in to activate. I asked to speak with a manager. Her manager told me that I was lying, I had only called on the 4th, that we had set up the phone in store, and had not called in after receiving the sims, nor before paying my bill.

I asked her why I had been lied to about having web/not having web, and all the other conflicting issues and all she could tell me is "I don't know". When I asked her about the one girl on the 4th saying she would correct the bill, the manager told me they cannot do that, and all she had done was sent in a request about internet on my phone. When I explained what I had actually asked for, the manager kept interrupting me, and told me that whether they submit the correct information or not, they will, and can, only submit a request once. She refused to answer any questions about the other calls I made (as she refused to admit they had ever happened), and told me she couldn't help.

As all she was doing was interrupting me and not listening to a word I say (which she was struggling to understand), I asked her if I could speak to someone else (hoping to get someone who would at least listen instead of interrupting me). She refused to make any effort, and told me she couldn't make a transfer. She told me I could email the billing department and never once offer any apology for the fact that I was misled and lied to by each of the employees I spoke with. (Why would she? She was convinced I had only talked to the ONE prior because no one else recorded the calls!)

I emailed the complaints/billing department and summarized what had happened in about a paragraph. They took twice as long as they said they would to reply to my issue, all I was given was a short email that didn't address any of my issues, or explained what I had actually been billed for, and merely said they could not approve any adjustments on my account... I don't understand what is going on, or why I have been told 3 different stories, but none of them will take any responsibility and due to that I will be boycotting any further service with them. As a side note - I have worked in customer service for 5 years, so I understand how difficult it can be and have always been more than kind when speaking with people over the phone. The way I was treated and misled is unacceptable.

I just brought a Family Mobile from Walmart. I had it long time ago and I had to discontinue because of Financial issues. I decided to go back to them. I had the phone one day and I can receive just land-line numbers not cell phone numbers. It goes straight to voice mail. I went to Walmart and ask him a question and he tells me there is nothing he can do. I like my phone, but the service is not good.

Walmart Family Mobile T-Mobile is a scam. I canceled my service in November 2016 and paid my last bill. I then received another bill stating I owed an additional month's payment. I complained that I had already paid, but decided to just go to Walmart, pay again and be done with it. Yesterday, I received another bill. I called and complained again. They told me that I needed to send them a copy of the receipt otherwise they couldn't help me. Unfortunately, I did not keep it. I paid again over the phone and received a confirmation number. I am expecting another bill next bill in February 2017. I hope that the confirmation number will be accepted this time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

I have had 3 phone lines with Walmart for a while. I prepaid for all 3 lines in which were prorated for the first month. Since I started service mid-month I prepay every month prior to service. Well my daughter got an iPhone for Christmas with another company so I called to have her line with Wal-Mart cancelled in Dec. The customer service rep could hardly speak English. He told me I still be charged full amount for the line. I ask him to explain to me why I would have to pay for a phone we won't even have. He tried to explain to me that I had been misled at the time of activation and that I hadn't prepaid. At this point I am completely confused. He told me that he would take care of this and it happens a lot.

Well I still need the two other lines. I only need one cancelled. Well Jan I see I'm being billed 2nd time for a line I had cancelled and has no service. I called again. This rep was a women asking me to email customer relations. I did and no success. I am still being charged. This is the worst company ever and now we have no phone service.

I got Family Talk Walmart for my children. Back in September my son lost his phone so when the bill was due in October I told the customer service representative that I wanted to disconnect the line for the phone that was lost, was told that since they bill in advance that I would have to pay for October but by November it would be taken off. Come November I received a full bill for both lines, called CS back and was told that there were no notes for the request.

Spoke with a supervisor who advised that the department that handles the request are through email only and advised that he would send the request over again and get it taken care of. Which means that was the second month that I paid for service on a phone that no one is using. Come December I get another bill and was told that the department that handles adjustments denied the request to suspend the line. I will never pay another bill with this company. I advise you not even buy into the "FAMILY" word as they are ripping people off.

As usual Walmart try to destroy businesses but they master the art of deceit. Before Christmas I decided to switch to Walmart Family Mobile which I didn't want to because I can't stand Walmart and what they do to our communities. Anyway I said let me try one of the notorious deals. Walmart partnered with T-Mobile to provide one of the most notorious deals on the market which I’ve been 7+ years a prepaid customer for T-Mobile they couldn't provide me as a loyal customer. I went to all Walmart in Bakersfield, CA and none of them carried the nano SIM card, so I bought the micro nano and I said I'll cut the SIM card to fit my phone. I took a SIM card for $5 plus tax, $50 prepaid card. Notice this part. The service from Walmart is $49.98. "Ridiculous". All change leftovers they take from you by force. Pennies for you. Not a big deal, but for a company that serves millions it is a big deal. I paid and went home.

To my surprise the SIM card is exactly made for that size, not flexible for cutting which is effing ridiculous. It's Christmas time and I wasted my money on nothing. And driving around my city took me to go to all Walmart including time wasted searching inside each store for a nano SIM card about 2-3 hours plus gas waste. Then after going online and searching Walmart says out of stock and available in stores only. Okay not all stores have time to go into small details. Who cares for a nano SIM card. WRONG. Most phones now come out with NANO SIM CARD buddy.

To my stupidity and trusting the notorious misleading MF Walmart, I already went online and activated the service. I needed the SIM card to be inserted as part of the activation and then I figured that the SIM card non modifiable which means a normal SIM card should have the ability to be cut. I'm paying for it for God sake. You even wanna control my freedom to do whatever I want to do with my sim card??? Why the ** even do that? So effing ridiculous.

Anyways I ditched it. I said ** Walmart and ** prepaid services, and shame on America to even let companies control us. Go to other countries and see the freedom you have to do things your way as a paying effing customer. So furious. Read now the most ridiculous event ever happened that made me wanna go EFF UP Walmart. I didn't use the service right??? And it was supposed to be prepaid. I receive a hideous letter by mail that I owe Walmart Family Mobile money. For what? For service and the amount 33.83. So the service should've been $33.83 what it cost them.

I called these MFs. I was notified that Family Mobile is a post paid service. Post paid service and I didn't buy your phone SO YOU CAN SCREW ME? IT'S BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE PLAN BYOD, WHICH MEANS PREPAID. Who let these MFs get away with so much illegal and misleading things and they misrepresent America. They're a disgrace to our country. So I asked the polite and sweet lady over the phone to cancel the service and I was respectful to her cause she work for EVIL CORP. She said “Please call us back after a week to confirm. That's how it works.” I said here we go in my mind. I thanked the lady and I said let's see what's gonna happen, because they know it's illegal, but people forget. Not me buddy.

A CALL FOR EVERYBODY TO CALL FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST EVIL CORP. I'm tired of this crap. They think they can control us? UP YOURS MFs. Problems and misleading events: BYOD is prepaid but they claim it's post paid. SIM cards not available for all phones. SIM cards should be modifiable. SIM card should be precut for three sizes already. Service shouldn't ask for SSN. Price of service is less than the monthly prepaid card which is $25 or $50, $100. SIM card availability in stores. SIM card availability in stores in real time. Price of SIM card, if it was post paid why we have to pay for it? It's an incentive for customers to sign up. I'm sick and tired of all this BS Walmart puts us through.

Originally we had no problems until the second phone was lost, it was canceled but never removed from our account. Didn't find this out till I bought a new phone to be added to my husband's primary phone. When I tried to do it online it was charging us for the canceled phone, so we called up and that's where the nightmare began. Both phones had emergency calls only. Turns out they gave my Sim my husband's number! They said it would take 24 hours to reverse the Sims with correct numbers. That was 5 days ago. The non-speaking English reps had no clue what they're doing. I need to speak to someone English to get this sorted because we are going round in circles and still neither cell works!! What a carry on for such a simple thing. Please spend an extra a few bucks and get competent customer service! In dreading calling back up because I know they're clueless!!

Around mid to end October I paid my monthly amount. A few days later the charger port broke. The phone died and I was unable to get it back on. I went to the local Walmart and asked for help. I was told there was nothing that could be done. I ended up spending over $200 on another phone and plan. Now I'm receiving bills on the walker family plan phone that has been cancelled. It was supposed to have been taken care of by the Walmart employee since I couldn't get into the WFP account. They reviewed my request to remove the charge... and denied it claiming I was still using it for a month after it broke. It's impossible to use a phone that won't power on. So they basically called me a liar even though their employer and half of my household are witnesses. Walmart family plan is a horrible plan and will have to deal with my lawyer before receiving any dollar amount for their faulty product.

I was totally mislead by the sales person, about what I was to expect using this plan. After only a few weeks beyond the 2 free weeks I was told I had reached my limit of data usage, (high speed data they called it). I was subsequently dropped down to Mega bytes, and have since been unable to use the internet as I had been able to do up until then. The speed appears to be too slow for any pages except google, who is tied into the phone itself. I can make phone calls but that is not what I got this for. I have no wifi in my area I can afford, and this was a reasonably priced alternative. But now I may never again be able to use the internet as no pages can load at these low speeds. Basically I was told little and the paperwork which came with the plan had little to help either. Online and via phone help was impossible to get any helpful info from.

I was a WFM customer for many years. Their plan is substandard compared to a Team Mobile plan, however, their service uses the Team Mobile network so I was basically satisfied for basic phone service. I then had an occasion to travel out of country and so I wanted to be able to utilize the WIFI feature of my phone. WFM did not offer that capability so I signed up with a standard Team Mobile plan which includes that capability. Upon my return, I was planning on going back to WFM. Instead, I found a Final Notice which included a threat to turn me over to collections if my final bill of $12.80 (for apparently a couple of days of service) was not paid within 10 days of the letter's date which was mailed out 10 days after the due date of the payment that was originally billed to me while I was out of the country.

I tried to go online to pay the bill only to find out they had terminated my online account so that I could not pay them online. The letter gave a number to call to pay, so I called the number. The automated system asked for my phone number. I input it and said they have no record of that number and did not offer me any other options, such as speaking with a representative. I had to hit 0 several times in order to override the message and have it connect me with a person. When I asked to make the payment, they then told me there would be an extra $5.00 to pay over the phone (something not mentioned in the "Final Notice.") They told me I could avoid the fee if I paid at the store.

I then stopped by the store a couple of days later and they charged me an additional $.88 to pay at the store and made me pay cash, they refused to accept my credit card. Needless to say, even though it costs slightly more (but offers a higher standard of service like including WIFI capability and twice the GB per month as the plan I had with WFM,) I am staying with Team Mobile. WFM can kiss my posterior for their incredibly rude and obnoxious handling of the termination (originally intended of being only temporary) of my account. They should not have terminated my online access to my account until the account was paid off. There simply is no excuse for such poor business practices in my opinion. At minimum, they should have made it easier to pay over the phone and not pay a fee for same since they made it impossible for me to pay online.

I have never question my Walmart Family Mobile since I switch two years ago. Never questioned from a single line charge of $44, then $84 when I added another line back in March 2016. Then on August, the second line had issues with the sim card, and I bought another sim card, had the Walmart tech fix it. The Walmart person could not get the original number back, so he assign a new number. Thought everything was good. Still paying the $84. On Nov. 4th the phone with the new number got suspended for nonpayment. How can that be, when I was paying $84 for two lines.

Went to Walmart, asked one of the techs why the nonpayment. To my surprise, the new number for the second line got a different account number!! I was still paying for the OTHER line that was supposed to be disconnected, and which I thought was replaced by the new phone number. The Walmart person told me to call Family Mobile and see what they could do. So I called, explain what happen. The Family Mobile person disconnected the unused second line (which btw the Walmart person did not do before he issued the new number). I asked if the other account could be place into my main account since that phone number is supposed to be the second line. The Family Mobile person said he will email their customer relation about my situation. I also asked to credit the payments I made prior into the other new phone number. He said he will put that in the email.

November 7th I had a text saying my account had a change. Thinking that they put the second number from the other account into the primary account. The next day, the second phone was cut off for nonpayment. I looked online and noticed that it was only my number. I never really looked at my account after I got the second line months before. The text that was send to me, was for that change but still does not have the other number from the other account. How hard is it to merge two accounts under the same name and being verified by me personally.

To top it off, Family Mobile is charging $79 for one line. Called them again, saying the same thing. And asked why am I being charged for one line at $79. I've talk to a supervisor at this point, and she said she will email customer relation, but the second account still have a nonpayment. Told her that I will not pay the second account, because it was the Walmart tech's fault for putting it in a different account, which I thought I was paying for two phone lines NOT THREE!! Told her that $84 seem like I was paying for THREE LINES! I asked if I could talk to the customer relation myself, and they replied no can! Also I finally really look at my bill... noticed that their bill cycle that I will being paying is for October 11 2016- November 10 2016. So why is my payment due on this coming November 29th? One time I pay my bill one day late, and my phone was cut off the next day on the 30th.

I bought an iPhone from Walmart paying $60 a month for unlimited web text and talk. This is a total rip off as I can never access the web. The only time I can use the web on my phone is only if I'm near a wifi connection. Customer service sucks and so does their tech Dept. Do not buy Walmart service.

I have been with Family Mobile for two years. They have the most incompetent customer service out of any phone company. They are only a vendor for Walmart, they don't have anyone high up that you can contact with a problem. I mailed a messed up phone back to the return center in the summer. They mailed me a phone back without a back to it and told me I was supposed to keep the back from the previous phone, which I was never told that to begin with. The new phone they mailed me was also messed up. The screen had a weird spot on it. So I mailed that phone back for a replacement phone. They guarantee to have your phone back within two weeks. It has now been five weeks and they have NOT returned my phone. They don't know when I'll get it back. The only thing they can say is, "Thank you for being patient." Are you kidding?! What else can I do? I've been put on hold for almost an hour waiting for a supervisor.

I hung up and finally called back, and the lady Grace I spoke with promised to call me back and never did. So, I called again, and have been told the warehouse lost my phone. I've went into Walmart and spoke with the store manager, and she said that Walmart has no authority over Family Mobile. She also told me to take them to Small Claims court to resolve this. I've contacted a lawyer, and think that with this many complaints we should start a Class Action Lawsuit!!! Family Mobile doesn't deserve to be in business.

Walmart Family Mobile is the worse and ripoff company. I cancelled the service on Nov. 1, 2016. My billing end date was Nov. 7, 2016. I port my number out of Family Mobile to Verizon Wireless on Nov 1. Now they are charging me 5 extra days of service that I didn't use. Plus they are the worse carriers. They don't use T-Mobile Towers. They use TracFone Wireless. You get what you paid for. Cheaper the service the crappy services you will get.

I purchased a Family Mobile phone at Walmart in April 2016. The gentleman that activated it told me I get the first month service free, for my bill the next month it was like $38.00. From the first 2 weeks I had the phone I had trouble with service if I went outside of my home. I went 10 miles from my home and I had no signal, at my work my signal would come and go. I called Family Mobile and they told me they couldn't find any issues with my phone so I went to Walmart and asked the rep there how can I switch my service carrier. She called Family Mobile and they told her I had to keep their service for 90 days then I could switch. So in June I switched to T-Mobile.

I went in the Walmart. They in turn had to call Family Mobile to unblock my phone so I could switch then 2 months later I receive a bill saying I owe them for the month of service when I switched to T-Mobile. Wow. I called them and sent an email explaining that how do I owe a bill when I paid month to month service. They told me the first month at time of activation was not free that I paid for that on the second month. They refused to remove this from my account and it is now in collections. They never once told the Walmart rep at time of switching carriers that I would owe any money. This company is a total ripoff. I would advise anyone not to ever use them and from reading the reviews I am not the only one they did this to.

I had Family Mobile for almost two years. In July of this year I changed to other company. They sent me a letter with a charge (I think was the last), and indicating that they regrets my cancellation decision. I proceed to order a credit card payment by phone (for the period of June to July 15), but during the next months they continue sending me the bill with accumulative monthly charges. I call the customer service department and they indicate that was necessary to send and email (they were not able to help me during the call) to the customer relations department.

I sent an Email to the customer relation department, but they didn't answer. Today I call the customer service again, and he explained me that customer relations did not answer me, because the charge of the month proceed. I did not agree with this charge (for a month that I did not use even a single day, my Telephone number was with another company), but I proceed to order a payment, to finish with this nightmare. Family Mobile is not bad, but very, very poor customer service support.

I purchased a phone for a member of my church so they could do job interviews. He did not continue his payment. I received the bill. The statement said they had suspended the service so no calls were made after that date yet they are charging me so I will be paying for time after they cancelled it and no calls were made well into the next month. When I received the bill it said to pay the $45.10 and when I attempted to do that then the amount began to grow. The Walmart representative argue my case over the phone for 15 minutes in full agreement with the fact this was not the way to handle a customer situation. They tried to manipulate her as well until she expressed to them 5 years of experience and knowing what she was talking about then they backed off. Yet I was told I would receive another bill once I left her protective covering. I HIGHLY recommend no one gets in bed with these people because you will not be able to get out.

Updated on 11/16/2016: As stated by many they target low-income. With the help of a Walmart employee who did a wonderful job trying to help me and understood the situation we were able to get it cancelled with a $45.10 payment. While the employee was listening I was told on speakerphone that was the end. I would not be billed any further.

I received another bill for $37.88. Took it to the same employee who called and tried to get it fixed to no avail. Their reasoning was they terminated service to that phone on September 13th. I went in the store and stop service on October 28th. Since they had terminated service the phone could not be in operation or use but the bill was from the 17th to the 28th on paper if you read the 25-page small print contract. Apparently they are right not morally or ethically but contractually. After going through all their hoops and trying everyone I could I ended up paying that additional amount out of our limited Intercity benevolence fund. Walmart does nothing for the community without getting credit for it. They have no desire to serve or help people or create customer relations. I will never shop there again. I obviously will never buy a phone there again and I highly recommend you be very careful with this T-Mobile.

I thank God that I have service personally with another outfit that has treated us as I would expect from someone I do business with. I would have gave no stars but the option wasn't available. I agree with many of the other people. The treatment on the phone with the service Representatives was terrible, disrespectful, unhelpful not only to myself but the rep at Walmart that was trying to help me and who agreed with me. During this process I was lied to twice when I first signed up and the second time when the man accepted my $45 payment and told me and the representative that was all I would owe. Of course when I asked to pull the tape up on the conversation that was not an option. The amazing part to me is how much money I spend in Walmart in a year and for this amount of money they would not only lose me but anyone who will listen to me.

This is the worst cell phone service I have ever had. They say powered by T-Mobile, which makes you believe that it might actually be a good service. It's not! The service states unlimited Talk,Text and Data, but what they fail to tell you is that the data isn't available if you are roaming. The 10 gigabytes of data that I bought for a hotspot so I could use my laptop on my vacation was useless. This 10 gigabytes of data automatically renews, which I didn't know. When I called and told the customer service rep that I didn't want that 10 gigabytes to renew anymore, not only did it stop the 10 gigabytes mid-cycle, but it shut down all my data. so no unlimited data for anything. I asked for my unlock code since I met all the qualifications. I've been waiting for 35 days now. I've called Walmart Family Mobile on 4 different occasions and have been lied to every time. Wish I give them a negative 5 stars. Worst service ever.

To start off I wish you could get this review no stars because that's exactly what this place deserves. Gonna keep this short and sweet, but the customer service is very rude and does not care about you at all. They have even told me this. The data sucks, the service sucks, there is nothing good about this place besides being cheap but even that sucks because you might as well go pay another company 20 bucks more and have unlimited everything with better service and customer service. They shut your data down early and give you no refund for it. They shut your phone off whenever they feel like it. They also don't understand anything you say and don't know how to resolve any kind of problems at all whether you talked to them 50 times or not. This company does not give a crap about you! This company does not care what happens to your service. DO NOT EVER GO WITH THEM BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY'RE CHEAP. THEY SUCK.

When we got the family mobile plan, they were very proud that they're "powered" by T-Mobile, but they're certainly not the same as if we signed up through T-Mobile. But that was OK with us because it's kind of what we expected. They're cheap, after all. We thought that switching to regular T-Mobile would be easy. It wasn't. We had a million hoops to jump through, and trying to navigate their menu to talk to an actual representative was next to impossible. The plan is fine if you're not going to use your phones that much, or if you really don't need a lot of memory or speed. But if you think you might want to use your phone as your primary, go elsewhere.

My bill was paid, I had 2 weeks left on it but decided to cancel because of the terrible service. Never having WiFi when I left the house, I did cancel and now received a bill for 2 months. I called. The man was very rude! And said "the billing was always a month after you used your phone." I paid for the month before I even started? When I told him he said that's not how it worked. I told him if anything he owed me for 2 weeks because I canceled before it was up. He said now that I didn't pay. I was charged another month. Are you kidding me! I have had it. I told him I am not paying another dime and hung up!

You get what you pay for with this company for sure! I have to move around my house to get a small signal but most of the time I miss calls and have a ton of VM because my phone has no service. They have reset my phone too many times trying to get a better signal but to no avail. Customer Service is always a foreigner that doesn't know what they are talking about or what good customer service is! There is no one to complain to other than an email and they say they will investigate and never get back to you.

It is a shady company and when I called the main Walmart phone number they tell me they have nothing to do with the cellular service. Well why on earth is Walmart supporting and have their name on such a poor service if they can't help or have anything to do with it. This is a bad look for Walmart! Needless to say I am finally switching after 2 years of me putting cheap service over quality of service! I will pay more to be able to actually use the services I pay for.

I have had Family Mobile for a year now and I must say it is one of the worse carrier I have had. For instance I paid $69.00 the beginning of this month and the internet has been going slow and I haven't even went over my data limit. Honestly the internet has been slow after 1 month of me having the service. My phone always disconnects calls as well as stating NO SERVICE almost everywhere I go, not to mention when you call the representatives they seem like they don't know what to do to fix the situation. I am so glad that I will be changing my service tomorrow. I am officially fed up. Please don't waste your money as I have for a little over 1 year. God Bless.

This company is a waste of time. I had the service for over a year hoping it would get better but it didn't. IF you're lucky enough to get someone on the phone don't expect them to know what they are talking about. When I first bought the phone and started the service it took them 2 days to get the phone working. When the one I bought wasn't working I took it back to Walmart with the box it came in and the receipt. The employees there helped me by calling family mobile and trying to figure out the issue. She spoke to THREE different people who tried to tell her that phone wasn't a family mobile phone and I couldn't have bought it there even though the Walmart employee was telling them she had the box with all its contents and the phone and the RECEIPT.

They then disputed the fact there was a sim card with the phone even with the employee telling the rep on the phone she was looking right at it. I spent hours in there with both myself and the employee on the phone with them trying to fix this problem. Once I finally got it to at least make a phone call I left the store. I then had to spend days trying to get them to fix it so I was able to get online. The service was absolutely HORRIBLE.

I finally decided enough is enough and switch service providers and cancelled my plan with them. A month later I got a bill for $107!! How does that happened?? My monthly payment was $53 and it's impossible to get 2 months behind because they shut your phone off if you do. Besides, I CANCELLED the service. I called the less than helpful customer service line in which I was told I DO owe the $107 yet he was unable to explain why or how. I was told if I "dispute" it then to write an email and it will be reviewed. Meanwhile, they are threatening to send it to collections. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!

Well, no internet data service at all. Oh works if in free Wi-Fi area. Nothing from Family Mobile. To have 5GB data a month. Well doesn't work if Wi-Fi is off. Meaning at the end of the month I've used 250MB data??? Reason, only way I can get online is through free Wi-Fi. So why pay $45 for same, I could be $29 a month unlimited text/talk. Oh if in business or mobile can't make calls even??? AT&T definitely a better choice.

My husband's phone number was given to someone else in a different city and to nobody we knew!!! Family mobile customer service would not do anything except change the phone number and charge us $15 extra even though it was not our error this happened it was theirs! You don't give out an active phone number on an active account to someone else in a totally different city!!! My husband lost work and money because of their error!!! They need to waive this fee and reimburse us for our inconvenience and loss of income! The supervisor Angie at customer service was not a person. She was very cold and would not take a good look at our account! Why would we all of a sudden request a new phone number when we didn't have to??? Do not get this service!!!

I called customer service because I had a balance of $27 credit on my cell phone bill. They took my $27 and told me that I owed them $27. That my first bill was $27 with my first bill was $21. I paid $45 that left me a balance of $27. I just now paid $50. My bill is only $44 so that should have left me a credit of $32 and they keep saying no you the first bill was $27 and so we credit you $18 or something but they ripped me off for $10. So now I'm going back to Verizon because when you first purchased the phone that $25 is supposed to go to your first bill. Should not never be $27. It should be 21 no more than $22. They just rip you off. They take your money and then tell you owe them money when they owe you money. Poor service. Don't never get Walmart mobile service. It's the worst service ever.

Three months ago my husband bought a phone and called to activate it on our existing plan. Instead of doing that they started a whole new account so that left us paying on two accounts. When we received two bills I called about it and two hours later hopefully had it fixed with us paying for the service. We have three people on our account. I pay month to month without them having monthly access to my account. I paid my phone bill online for September and looked online at my banking and they had hit my account for two payments. I was furious. I called and they said it would take a week to two weeks to fix. Why!? I told them to keep it for next month. Now I have a credit balance... right!? Today I received a call from a collection agency stating that I had not paid a bill for $149.00. I have never ever paid them $149.00????

They said it was a monthly charge for my daughter's number but not a surcharge but a monthly rate. Well I was more than upset!!! I couldn't half understand the boy and he would not give me a supervisor and stated that I had to pay it because this was from the old account (?) and nothing could be done. He then hung up on me! I am not paying this... I have had it! These companies need to be America based so we can fix these things appropriately. Walmart needs to fix this. I am a shopper at Walmart but can do business elsewhere because I'm finished with it all!!! I will be the one to suffer because I know this credit company will turn it in and that's not fair. That's scandalous!!!

Walmart Family Mobile Company Profile