1.32/5
Based on 101 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

631 Walmart Family Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was no longer able to make phone calls (calls drop after few seconds). It turned out to be the SIM card. Went to Walmart to get another SIM, they gave me the wrong one. Called Family Mobile with bunch of customer service reps who you can't understand ONE complete sentence from. One rep confirmed that another SIM will be delivered in 1-2 days, second rep said the process will take 5 business days. Third rep said they can't send SIM because they don't have it. So this PIECE OF ** company in this day of age allow their customers to be down for a week or with no solution at all with a bunch of customer service reps who speak FUNNY language I can't recognize!

Original review: June 18, 2018

My phone number which I had for 7 years was changed when I increased my data plan. The representative didn't say anything about changing my number nor did I request that it be changed. I could write a book about what happened next but the bottom line is they won't give me back my original number. They claim the other "Department" they check with stated it couldn't be retrieve yet previously was told it was possible once they sent me a new Sim card (which they did). My original number is available due to the fact that they hold them for 90 days. I was on the phone over a hour and the last floor manager I spoke to was giving me the "Department" excuse and I could hear laughter in the background. This whole experience has been disappointing to say the least - they made the mistake now they make the excuses.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

SCAM!!! PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY!!! I've had Family Mobile for years. The last month has been an absolute nightmare! I have never seen a company that will take your money without authorizing it. First off, I ran out of data and wanted to upgrade to the 1gb for only 9.88 since my plan was going to renew in a week. Long story short they charged my card THREE TIMES without my permission. I called and got a ticket number and was assured I would get refunded in less than five days. 2 weeks later I have not received my refund. I called them. I was told I was not getting a refund. I argued with 4 different representatives. Each one would say I would be transferred to a manager. Each time they hung up on me. Today my phone data and calling just stopped randomly.

I called and they said my SIM was not made for my phone. Keep in mind I have had this SIM card in this phone for ALMOST A YEAR!! They said they just now realized it. I know it was because I called for a refund. I was told I could pick up a SIM card at any Wal-Mart for cheap. I drive 45 minutes to my closest Wal-Mart. They only sell them in a kit that comes with a plan. Wal-Mart said only very large cities sell the SIM card alone and that I should have been notified. The closest one to me was 4 hours away. I was forced to pay 50$ to get a new SIM I wanted to cancel with them after my plan this month was over.

I called the customer service to set up my new SIM card. I had to use my old phone in order to do this. She asked for all my information and I was told it was set up and to just turn my phone on. My old phone I was using got shut off and my new SIM card was not set up! I was now out of both phones!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY SCAM AND HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have never been so frustrated in my life. I am still working on fixing my new SIM card. I've been on hold for over an hour. I wish I would have read these horrible reviews before I joined them. I will be cancelling mine and 7 of my family members. How are they still in business?!?

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had cellphone service from nearly all the carriers from Verizon, T-mobile, AT&T etc with varying levels of results. I came to realize that what phone I had made a bigger difference than the carrier. That is, if there isn't any problems with reception. The only problems I had with this service I have now is lousy customer service. I get the same reception, clarity and overall performance with Wal-Mart Family mobile as the other name brands and the cost is considerably less. Funny thing though, when T-Mobile took over Wal-Mart Family mobile I did notice a slight drop in performance. Small but notable. Who would have thought?

Original review: June 7, 2018

My bill wasn't due until 5/5/18 but I paid it EARLY on 4/23/18 by accident! I was trying to buy more data that day but when I didnt receive the data and called they said I actually paid my bill for the month of May and upgraded my service plan. My old plan was always $39.88 (taxes included) with 9g of data. I paid $54.16 (taxes included) for unlimited data! So I'm like, "Aww man ok I'll just wait till May." Come 5/6, my phone is off! I call, they tell me I didn't pay my bill on 5/5 so my phone is off. I tell them, "Of course I didn't pay it on 5/5 because I paid it on 4/23! Look it up!!"

After 3 hours, 4 reps and one supervisor, they cut my phone back on and gave me a credit for the month of June. I ask if I'm going to have a problem with this confirmation number come June since I had to go thru all this and the rep assures me I would not because she listed it in my account's "notes". I'm like, "Ok great!" THEN a week later I run out of data. I call and ask why. They say I paid for the 39.88 plan. I remind them about the "notes"...there is nothing in my account's "notes" about anything except that I "paid $39.88 on 4/23." (WHICH IS A LIE!!! I PAID MY WALMART FAMILY MOBILE PHONE WITH MY WALMART MONEY CARD!!! Wal-Mart money card confirmed that was a lie!!!)

After 3 hours, 3 reps, and 2 supervisors they TOLD me I would receive unlimited data and to cut my phone off and back on. I did that but they DID NOT credit me with unlimited data. I called yesterday to use my confirmation number and they said my bill was paid until 7/6. WAKE UP TODAY AND MY PHONE IS OFF AGAINNN! WHYYY??? I call and ask to speak only to a supervisor. "Hardemean" (Thats what she said her name was. Idk how to spell it) says I did not pay my bill yesterday. I tell her about the "notes" and confirmation number. She tells me that confirmation number was payment for 5/5/18. I am done!!! I'm going to back to BOOST MOBILE! I was with them for years before coming to these UNPROFESSIONAL, PROFESSIONAL CROOKS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: June 3, 2018

This is a narrow focused review about iPhones only and wifi calling. Service rep was very good, and got a little frustrated, but we worked together fine. After talking to Apple support also, I found out that ALL iPhones do not work with Wifi calling feature. It is not the sim card. I do not understand why this is a problem and FM does not support Wifi Calling. It works for all droid phones, even the cheap $20 phones work. So I think FM should make a policy change and make this happen so that all iPhones work with this feature. So if you use this feature and want an iPhone, think twice as it will not work.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Gave the hospital this number because of a relative in the hospital. Went to Walmart to renew the plan and bought a service card. They had no problem stealing my money but wouldn't activate the card. Despite 30 plus minutes on the phone the only thing these imbeciles could do is open a ticket and in 48 hours resolve the problem. Despite telling these bafoons that I have a family member in the hospital they couldn't give 2 ** about it. They gave me the BS thing about thanks for choosing Walmart etc and never bothered to fix the problem. TracFone all I can do is give your thieves the middle finger!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have two phones through them. They took payment of one phone out of my bank account and when I called to get them to let me pay for the other phone they said I had to pay for both phones. So they want double for one month. I have called repeatedly about it and they refuse to fix the problem.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My wife and me have cell phones from Walmart on the Family Mobile Plan. My wife's is the main number on the account. We pay about 102.00 per month for both phones. That is a good deal for two phones but you get what you pay for or do not get good service. I am complaining on the phone I use. We pay the Family Mobile on the 1st of each month. On the 1st of April my wife's phone sent a message to say the monthly bill is due and was 59.00 and then my phone bill came up on my cell stating we owed 102.00 for both the phones like it should be. She paid the 102.00 for both phones and her phone worked but mine has not. So for the whole month of April I had no service. My wife was out a lot and I had no way of getting ahold of my doctors or to schedule appointments.

My wife called Family Mobile and the guy on the other end at Family Mobile said since she had him on speaker phone that he could not activate my phone but he can send the money for 102.00. We told him we do not want the 102.00 back but add it on the monthly payment. He meant that the 59.00 went to the April phone bill for just my wife's phone. Anyways we paid the bill for actually 1.5 months. Then the rep tells us to take the phone to a Walmart store. We have been to Walmart several times in April and get the same response. "Oh sorry the person that takes care of this is not here." So what you are telling me is you have only one store person that takes care of this problem. So my fix to this is I threw the phone away and purchased a TracFone and will use their service again.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Call on April 15, 2018 to report that I could not dial out or receive any call since April 14, 2018. I waiting for the tech to investigate the problem. I was told my sim card was damage and they would send me one. I gave the tech my mailing information including my apartment number because I live in Apts. I felt that was very important the apartment number. He said I would receive it in 2 days which I thought was strange because he said it was being sent through the postal service.

I waited until April 19 2018 and I was told it should be there because I was not home from work. The sim card had not arrive yet. I called again on April 20, 2018 and I was very upset with the outcome I received. I got hung up on and when I called back to talk to a Supervisor he was hardly any help. He stated the first person I spoke to on April 14 2018 had never submitting my apartment number. I really did not believe him because as I stated above that was one of the important information he needed. I paid for my service on April 09, 2018. I have not been able to make or receive any call after April 14. I still have not receive the card.

Original review: April 13, 2018

If I could give this company a negative amount of stars I would. The only reason it even has one is it made me select one. They are rude unprofessional. They lie. They have the worst phone and internet service anywhere. It takes forever to load an internet page and their phone calls are constantly being dropped. Their excuse for everything is, "Well our company doesn't allow it" like it doesn't allow you to use the hotspot that is programmed on your phone according to them because they don't have the technology. Really!!! When I activated the phone I could connect to the hotspot but pages wouldn't load. I called then assuming there was something wrong that yet could fix.

They had me on hold for 20 min while They "ran tests on my phone" then told me I didn't have a hotspot. Yes I did. It's on my phone. Told me I had to buy a device. Connected me to someone else. Hold again for about 15 "running tests" then told me they don't have the technology for a hotspot and there is no device I can buy. Now the phone name won't even show up on my laptop! They weren't running tests then were changing the programming on my phone without my permission!!! I bought and paid for this phone but they talk like they own it! They refuse to unlock it so I can switch carriers then they change the programming without my permission!!! DO NOT EVER EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR CELLULAR NEEDS. I would rather have a rotary landline than this crappy company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The customer service agents at Walmart Family Mobile are so unprofessional, rude and clueless. Spoke to one Dan today: 04/04/18 (refused to provide last name) today about a data issue on my service. He was so rude, it was unbelievable. He just left the conversation for several minutes and came back asking inane questions. He practically kept doing that till I gave up and hung up in frustration. Well it's Walmart, right? If you guys can see this, call your workers to order. Terrible service...

Original review: March 27, 2018

I called Walmart's My Family Mobile to get my LG Stylo 3 Smartphone, which was still under warranty and purchased from Walmart replaced, as it was defective. They said they would send me a return box and immediately after receiving my returned phone, they would send me my replacement within 3 to 5 business days. They received my phone on 8 February 2018. I am still waiting for my replacement on 26 March 2018. I called several times to inquire as to why I hadn't received my replacement phone and was lied to each and every time I called. I just received a CHEAP "knockoff" phone, that I have never heard of, listed at $49.95 to replace my $186.00 LG phone. I called them and again was lied to. "We'll send you a return box in 3 to 5 business days."

It's been 8 business days now and still no return box. I don't know if I will ever get my LG Stylo 3 replaced. I lost count of their lies at 15. Their Representatives are rude, hang up on you, promise things they have no intention of delivering, and are forever sending you to the "Next Level for Immediate Service." Stay as far away from these guys as you possibly can. You'll be well served to do so! Walmart should be ashamed. I actually went into Walmart after 7 weeks of waiting for my phone to try and get some resolution, and they told me that "There is nothing that we can do. You'll have to deal with them, Call their customer service." This is the WORST entity that I have personally ever dealt with and I'm 67 years old.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This company is a complete joke and waste of money!!! The service is rare and the phones are cheap! Customer Service can't help you do anything but pay your bill because they only want your money! There are way better pre-paid services out there that cost the same each month.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I just had a great customer service experience with Walmart Family Mobile. I just bought a new phone and was very excited to make the purchase, but was disappointed that my current SIM card was too large. I was afraid that I would have to BUY a new smaller card and worse yet, CHANGE MY NUMBER! I then contacted My Family Mobile, via instant chat, and was helped immediately by Jovan. I explained the problem and then Jovan put in an order for a smaller SIM card to be sent to me free and my phone number would remain the same. I am one happy customer.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I called to cancel 2 of 3 lines that I have with this company. The woman spoke to (Flor) was rude. I advised her to change her tone of voice or put a supervisor on the line. She corrected her tone at first then went right back into nasty. I then requested AGAIN for a member of management. This P.O.S. started pushing buttons in my ear!! I proceeded to record the call and advised that I was doing so. After 2 minutes of this I hung and called back.

The next call I spoke to Ann. I started the call off with wanting to speak to a supervisor and gave her a brief recap, letting her know I did not want to take my frustration out on her and let her know the call was being recorded. I had to tell this woman 5 times that I wanted to speak to a supervisor because she was very persistent in wanting to help me. I finally spoke to a member of the manager department (John- ID # **). He was able to assist me and said that they would address the original representative (Flor's) behavior. I don't have much faith that this will take place, and if it does nothing worthy will occur. I would NEVER use this service again!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have had Walmart Family Mobile for 6yrs. Since they switched to Tracfone I can no longer tether, no grace period for paying anymore and can't picture share anymore or barely works. Absolutely disappointed.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I’ve been with my Family Mobile since 2013, phone service and customer service has gone downhill since. Call my Family Mobile because they double billed my credit card and discontinued one of my phone lines. Called in and the first person I talked to ask me to please wait while my account information was pulled up and during that time, he was talking and laughing with someone in the background, and never got back to me. I called back and got some else; she was unable to help and I asked for a manager, she placed me on hold, 40 minutes later still no manager. Fed up with my Family Mobile; while on hold started looking for another cell phone provider.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I had using Walmart Family Mobile for several years, with very little complaints, as in the beginning I was impressed by their customer service on the few occasions I used it. Then Walmart switched to TRAP-PHONE. I dropped my unlocked phone in the lake while fishing, needless to say I was very angry at myself for doing so, I paid $400 for that phone. Luckily I always have a back-up unlocked phone, so all I needed was a new SIM card. So on the way home I stopped at Walmart and I was informed by the Walmart associate that they no longer sell individual SIM cards since they switched over to TRAP-PHONE! I explained that I already had an active account with them. The associate then informed me that in order to replace my SIM I would have to purchase a new phone, but I already have a phone I exclaimed.

So the Walmart Associate called TRAP-PHONE from the store and had me speak to the TRAP-PHONE representative.To my dismay I was told by the representative that they don't send out SIM cards to their customers, regardless if they lose their phones or not. I ended up buying a $50 phone that I will never use. When I attempted to return the phone, my active phone # that I had for years was terminated. It took them 2 days to reactivate my phone #, after speaking to 6 different reps. A ** NIGHTMARE! Hence the term TRAP-PHONE, is exactly what it should be named, since they are known for selling disposable phones that are used in the trap, you don't customer service in the trap I guess. Shame on you Walmart for throwing your customers to the wolves!

Original review: March 3, 2018

I don't understand how they are in business still. I've been getting 0.24 Mbps download speed internet for 30 days now and their STUPID customer service reps (so called higher level tech-support) have no clue how to fix the issue. What I'm asking for is for my phone to be unlocked so I don't have to deal with these idiots of Walmart Family Mobile service!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Ok the reason I went with Family Mobile in the first place is because they were T-Mobile which T-Mobile is an ok phone company but over the last year they have been horrible. First thing I noticed was the fact that they took away the hotspot which I used when I was out the house and needed to use my computer. Now they are making me jump through hoops just to pay my phone bill. Also I have dropped calls a lot. Internet now moves slower. I'm thinking very hard about saying???Cause TracFone isn't the company I wanted to be with at all.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I am so incredibly frustrated and disappointed. I am a long time customer, several years. I called to pay my bill today and was told they no longer accept payment from bank accounts?? After about 2 hours with numerous reps, who do not have a clue about what's going on, they would not even give me a two day extension so I could pay with a debit or credit card. No prior notification from them that anything had changed! One very upset customer right now!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I purchase a kit from Walmart, because they said it’s powered by T-Mobile and it has a good service. Adding a refill is terrible. I purchased a refill through T-Mobile directly but adding to the sim is a nightmare. Every time I call they direct me to TracFone, other network and Walmart Family phone. When I finally been connected to Walmart family phone there is no option on how to add the refill that I already purchased from T-Mobile and there is no option to talk to a representative. This is a very frustrating and poor customer service product. I don’t understand why T-Mobile was drag into such poor quality service.

The Walmart Family welcome kit is a waste and expensive and not the worth purchasing. I might end up losing the refill I purchase directly from Walmart. Beware not to purchase this item or patrionize it. I hope you’ll come up with a better customer service and a very friendly process Walmart Family Mobile because it’s really terrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This is the worst service Of any company I've ever worked with. I'm suppose to be on a family plan with my son but every month for the last three month I have had to call to have either my sons phone reactivated due to a glitch on your end and no one can give me any answers why. I've be disconnected on several time when my question could not be answered. I am very unhappy with the quality of customer service I have received.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Walmart Family Mobile systematically deleted voicemails of my deceased relative that I was continually resaving. When calling Customer Service, there was no sympathy for being unable to retrieve and no compensation offered for this tragic error! Service is cheap, you truly do get what you pay for! Don't choose this service!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company doesnt give a ** about your time, money or the way they treat their customers. Piss poor customer service, constant hoops and runaround when trying to get a refund. It's been 4 months! And still not a check in the mail.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 6 patient months, I'm done! It saddens me that I am forced to give this customer service nightmare one star. That's one too many. As has been mentioned before, since TracFone stepped in, each and every month, I get disenrolled even after signing up for auto renew. Every month I go through the sign up process. I feel stupid for sticking with them for as long as I did.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My 86-year-old, hearing impaired mother relies on texting to check in regularly and has had this plan for about 4 years. However, a year and a half ago she moved and changed the number in her new city. There have been many problems with some of my texts (no images) reaching her and she'll get some message saying "downloading content..." that never stops. Nothing ever loads and we have to delete the message. Sending a photo could really hang things up so we never did that. The most recent hassle is that suddenly, last week, out of nowhere, her phone number disappeared and reverted to an earlier number from her previous city. I called Customer Support and they said they have no record whatsoever or her phone number, only the old one. I asked what could have changed? They said that Family Mobile changed to Tracs and maybe that was it. But they said that happened in May and it's December now.

The billing is another problem, altogether. Randomly, she's had the phone shut off for non-payment even though she had auto-pay and the bill was paid. They could never find her current number so I told them to just cancel everything and close her account. It's actually less expensive monthly for a better plan if you just go to a regular T-Mobile store instead. That's what I'm doing tomorrow. It's a very challenging situation, overall, for someone who is hearing-impaired and not confident enough with cell phones to know this is messed up.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Absolutely frustrated with TracFone service, customer service, call quality. Everything but the worse part is the customer service. They are not professional in any way. Not knowledgeable about the service and definitely not interested in satisfying their paying customers. Current situation, I paid my phone bill Friday 22, text messaging isn't working. They tell me it's my phone or sim card. Absolutely incorrect. I have two phones on my account and both aren't working. Did I mention they are completely two different phones HTC and Samsung. So I spent the majority of my day on the phone with them (currently on my 3rd call 6:30 pm) still no satisfaction. Losing my service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm so frustrated, I could explode. Walmart Family Mobile charged my bill three times and now I have to wait 6 business days for a refund and that was literally all the money I have for Christmas and Walmart Family Mobile just stole it. This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever had to deal with and no one can help me the entire hour I was on the phone with them. I'm dropping service this is happening way too often where my money was either misplaced or I was charged too much. Goodbye Family Mobile. I will not be recommending your services to anyone.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information