Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I’ve had many problems with this service in the past that are similar to what others are saying, and I’d thought I’d seen them all. But today I had to add yet another deceitful practice to the list. My data plan allows me to use 10 gigs for my hotspot. When my hotspot suddenly cut off mid download I was sure I hadn’t reached my limit so I checked my phone. Sure enough, I had only used 8.9G. Now my download, which would have been just fine, is stuck in limbo. Customer services brilliant answer? "Oh well, you’ll have to buy an additional data plan." Thanks Family Mobile....

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Coverage Map claimed to offer 4G Data in my area but signal is so weak that my speed is as slow as 2G. No refunds, so i'm screwed out of $40. The third world country customer support "help" is useless. Never again will I buy anything powered by T-Mobile. Save your money, and try another mvno provider. Walmart Family Mobile is garbage provider!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I almost NEVER leave feedback, but to warn others about the experience we had with Walmart Family Mobile, we decided to go public about your experience. This is the worst product, and even worse service we have ever encountered. Tech support lies, misrepresents, and fails to carry out any promises. Don't believe a word the incompetent representatives tell you. The cell phone quality was so bad, we couldn't understand a word anyone said on the phone internal and exterior speaker. They promised to replace the phone, but it was never sent. We spent hours trying to make it work, all at no avail. Don't waste your time and money.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

This is the worst service in the whole wide world! DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELL YOU TO HAVE FAMILY MOBILE and DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF THEIR PLAN. RUN, RUN AND RUN AND do not look back!

1) Calls goes straight to voicemail.
          2) DATA is not working.

3) WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER/WHO DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING Beside telling you- turn off your phone then turn it on. How can a problem be resolve by Turning on and off. Then try to run Themselves as they are useless by telling you give it a couple minute and we will call back. (OF COURSE THESE IDIOTS DO NOT CALL BACK).

I have been patient with them even though most of my call goes straight to voicemail but I was completely done with them when data was working a little bit but no calls/no message was working at all. I called them and gave me bs answer such as "you need to change your phone number, service coverage not available around your city (Fort Worth, TX), phone is not supporting it- turn it on and off then asked me to factory reset my phone (I am done- factory reset my phone?) clearly told them I will not change my phone number I had for 10 yrs or factory reset my phone for something you guys do not know how to fix. Please switch your service and do not get Family Mobile!!! Run, run and run people.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Worst, worst absolute WORST cellular company ever!!! Horrible service, cellular and data are CONSISTENTLY not working, then when I call to get a credit off my bill for the EXTREME inconvenience I am REPEATEDLY hung up on!!! This company needs to NOT EXIST!!! And to have the Walmart name attached to it?! Ugh!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The worst phone service I have ever had! I have tried most of them. But Walmart Family Mobile is the worst out of them all. If you having trouble with your service don't Go to live agent to help fix your problem. Don't text 611611. You will get tons of texts back that doesn't help anything. I mean a lot of texts just wasting your time. When you get a agent on the phone they tell you to hang up and they will give you a call Back. Of course they don't! As far as I am concerned they stole my money! DO NOT TRY WALMART FAMILY MOBILE. IT'S A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL BE THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY TOO.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I've been using this service for a few years now, and for the most part it hasn't been too bad. Sometimes calls don't come through but that isn't a common occurrence. I also do not get service in a lot of place. My largest issue has come up in the last couple of months. I pay for unlimited call and text with a 14gb 4g LTE limit with unlimited data after that, but at a 2g speed.

For the last two months my data limit hasn't reset, and for this last month my service was cancelled two days after I had paid my bill, which was the end date for the previous month. So I call the support line and they see that I had paid and reactivate my account. I got my call and text back but I didn't get my data limit reset, so I was surprised when I found out a week later that I had used 14.4 gigs of my mobile data and had no access to my 4g LTE speed. So I call tech support again and get told that I had spent 14.4 gigs of mobile data (I only really use it for music in the car and occasionally to stream a 20-30 minute show on my lunch break).

When I told them that I had checked my usage since my reset and used only 800mb of data I was told that I had used 14.4gb of data on background apps and music in only 6 days. So I ask to get transferred to their management staff which immediately saw a discrepancy with my usage and get disconnected after a couple of minutes and never receive a callback. So I had to call again, ask for a manager and restart the process. Again I got disconnected and received no callback. This happened a few times more before I gave up for the night.

I tried again a few days later and got through all of the steps to get my service reset again with their billing department. After their reset steps were complete I checked and my data hadn't recovered, again. I didn't realize this until a few days later when I went back to work, as I was operating on Wifi at home for the weekend. So I call back again and go through the steps, again, and after going through yet another agent my phone again stopped working for text, call, and internet. So again I had to go through their technical support and, again, they only got my call and text working.

My data is still over the limit and I've given up trying their technical support. Their agents are very well mannered (through their 10-13 agents I talked with maybe two of them got an attitude when I had to explain my situation several times because they wouldn't actually look into my data usage problem and would instead just look at my account overview which only showed my incorrect exceeded usage), but due to the fact that none of them could fix my actual problem I believe they're wholly unreliable. When it works it works. When it doesn't work they can't fix it. That's not a standard that I feel comfortable putting my continued patronage into.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The phone service didn't always work right, I would miss calls from my bosses at several jobs due to the phone not ringing with me sitting nearby staring at the device. You can Imagine how this could cause me trouble at a job. Oddly enough, the device rings for foreign scammers calling for the previous user of my phone number. I guess their scam call filter was rushed out. But calls from overzealous bosses suck anyway, so this was not my biggest complaint. The Sending or receiving pictures via text has never worked right, but still not my biggest complaint. For nearly 3 years, I have never gone over my high speed data limit, and the data service worked fine as long as I was paying for 14GB and using nowhere near that per month. I recently changed my plan to reflect my actual usage and immediately experienced worse speed even though I was not over my limit.

A few months later I actually go over the limit and my phone is throttled to dial up speed, my hotspot has ceased working entirely, and even after two billing cycles the speed I had before going over that one time has NEVER come back. Every time I have spoken to "support" it has been some angry little social reject that doesn't deserve any job, let alone be helpful. One of my jobs was tech support for a GPS/mapmaker that worked closely with Android devices, I have used this knowledge to improve and repair my Android phone on several occasions, when I can't even fix the speed or the ringing issues, I believe the service provider is to blame. Especially when I know other subscribers with the same issues.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Wal-Mart family mobile is by far the worst group of people working in their customer service I've ever dealt with. Not only did Walmart screw up the plan I paid for they refused to fix their screwup unless I paid an additional 23 dollars for a plan I had already paid for and didn't receive. They would not fix my account. They mocked me on the phone. I could hear the reps making fun of me while I was on the phone with them abs then they hung up.on me. I would not recommend walmart family mobile to a soul even if they were the only phone provider in the world I would do without. They suck and most of them you can't even understand because they can barely speak English. One in particular her name was Riza and she should be terminated because she lacks customer service skills. I would have given 0 stars if there was an option.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Horrible internet. Barely receive service. Not even worth it if the service were free. Pay a little extra for AT&T. Waste of money!!! Literally took about 8 minutes for this page to load smh. Don’t do it.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information