3.9/5 (324 ratings)

About Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

So I have a 3 phone plan with Walmart Family Mobile. I've never had an issue. Then comes Aug 2022 I had a phone get damaged (water). I had the protection plan through All-State. They tell me to go get the phone fixed locally and they will reimburse me. So I did it. The phone was fixed but the network still wasn't working so I called WFM customer service. From Aug 10th until Sept 8th I've called 11 times. Every time I asked for a supervisor or higher up the call was disconnected, supervisor wasn't available or their systems went down.

I was told the first time it was the sim card and I didn't qualify for a replacement so I asked if I just had to buy the kit. They said yes because I had paid my plan for the month and the number was still active so I did. The sim came. I went to activate it and didn't work. I had to call again. They said I had to buy a service plan. I told them no because the number was already connected to a paid for monthly service plan. When I got upset the call was "disconnected". I called many other times and nothing. No help. The last time I called the person had me factory reset my phone 3 times then said, "Keep the phone on and tomorrow at 9pm we will call you and if the phone still isn't working we will send you a shipping label and we will send you a new phone."

Well 9pm the next night comes, I get the phone call and I talk to the person. They tell me I don't qualify for the phone replacement. I again ask for a supervisor. I get transferred then the call gets dropped. Each time I called each of the 11 times I was on the phone from 1-2 hrs each time. I have to find a new provider and yes WFM is cheaper. It's all I can afford but it's not worth the stress level and anxiety I deal with. I wish I could sue them. Horrible horrible horrible.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

They failed to provide me with a receipt of purchase. They need to change the call center, I do not believe it was because they could not provide a bill, I think it is because they do not know how. Unfortunately, this is illegal and they have lost my business. A business must provide proof of purchase of a bill over 75$ within 7 days from the requested date. A business marketed to Americans should be able to speak articulate English, it is the most common language in the world.

A business this size should be able to provide a bill within minutes of a request, not completely have no clue how and then hang up. This shows vast disarray, which only further supports my claim that they are completely illegitimate. They must be in a rush to get through a call because they repeated the same actions with multiple employees. They authenticate you and then they want to get off the phone immediately, must be about showing they have a certain amount of calls per day more than anything else. They have no quality control, pointless to call. DO NOT waste your time.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I called four times to get the Walmart bought phone/service plan set up. I was unable to get the phone number for the device. Two times they had me on hold for over 20 min and then dropped the call. The third time, they told me to wait four hours to allow the phone to reset. The fourth time they said that they could not verify the account without the credit card number used to purchase the phone even though I explained that I bought the phone with cash. Customer service sounded unapologetic and did not want to help me any further. Trash phone service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I bought a cell phone from Walmart's 3 party sellers. The company, OM-Wireless, advertised that the phone was new. When I received found it wasn't new. I called Walmart to return phone. I have had nothing but trouble getting my money back. OM-Wireless did not send paperwork or have labels to scan. Walmart customer service told me to bring to one of their stores. I brought to store but they said they couldn't return without a label to scan. OM-Wireless didn't provide pertinent labels. I have had to email back and forth with Walmart customer service and OM-Wireless..They both keep stringing me a long. All I know is I want my money back. OM-Wireless received their phone.

Original review: July 30, 2022

My phone broke after I had bought insurance when purchasing the phones on the Walmart Family Mobile plan. I tried to call them and they lied and said they updated my email address three times but I obviously did not receive any emails about the process of getting a new phone. Then they kept transferring me to different departments and I continue to get hung up on. I needed to know where to send the defective phone back. For them to help me with the issue took them a grand total of nine days and 11 phone calls. They finally got tired of me calling and gave me a code to give to UPS which was invalid to send the phone back. I tried to give it to them and they still said I had to pay for shipping after the customer service Representatives told me that would not be the case after they gave me that code. I was supposed to be transferred to another department waited 5 minutes and it was the same lady that acted like she was corporate.

I have been without a phone after I paid for service for more than half of the month. They give their customers the runaround and are completely disrespectful. I will not be giving them another dime and for now on we'll steer clear of TracFone and Family Mobile. Why pay for insurance when you have to pay and pay and pay to get another phone when you purchased insurance and protection for the phone when first buying it. What kind of bogus scam are you all running? I don't see them sticking around much longer. I really hope somebody makes the smart decision upon purchasing a phone at Walmart and does not go with Walmart Family Mobile.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I will never give this company another dime of my money. I paid for service last week and my "unlimited data" has almost stopped altogether. Then texted me saying I could get more high speed data for ten dollars more! Data I've already paid for! Never again.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Do not buy this phone, it's a scam. I bought one and spent 11 hours on the phone trying to activate it. They gave me nothing but lies. They kept saying my phone was activated but refused to give me a phone number and then it went from tower problem to I needed to walk around outside until I find bars (on a phone that said no service). Then a guy says that there are actually no towers that support the service in the area. Then he gives me a location of the only tower they have on Alden court, and it's smaller than a light pole. I have been ripped off over $100 and when I ask why they are selling a product that they know won't work, the operator just laughed. Don't get screwed, believe the reviews. It's a scam. I had to buy a different phone with a different carrier and Walmart will keep selling this scam.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I spent four and half hours with five different customer service representatives trying to activate my new Walmart Family Mobile cell phone. Not one of them could resolve the problem. I now use a different cell phone provider.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Purchased prepaid phone at Spanaway WA Walmart. When I got to my truck to put in sim card from previous phone noticed back of phone and power card was missing. Returned into store to exchange purchase was told to return next day to customer service. Returned next day with receipt in hand and purchased phone found out phone in box was a different carrier phone that looked alike. Was then treated as though I was tryinfg to do some switch scam..Waited for one hour to talk to store manager then had to wait another hour just for them to tell me that I was one that switched phone and returned with another. Also was told by employee in phone dept if I wanted a refund I needed to go to phone recycle machine in front of store to get my refund. He was being an immature ** smart** who needs his ** kicked

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I am having Family Mobile service since last 2 years and purchased a new iPhone 12 from Apple and transferred the sim from old phone to new phone 6 months ago. The phone service was pathetic so I decided to switch to mint so ported phone number to mint and when I tried to use mint in my new phone it said phone locked by family mobile, called customer service and asked to unlock but they since the service is being used less than 12months the phone can’t be unlocked unless I pay $150. I requested them in that case get me my old phone number back. They transferred me to porting team 4 times and every time the phone was disconnected so 5th time I asked them to give me new number for my phone.

I paid 800 dollars for my new phone and I don’t understand why family mobile locked my phone. Also I am using their service for 2 years but their system says it’s less than 1 year (that’s when I changed the handset). With that logic since they provided me new number today I can’t unlock my phone for 12 months from today, it just doesn’t make sense and I feel family mobile is a cheat, stay away from family mobile.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information