2.0/5 (1110 ratings)

About Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: July 8, 2021

Wow, I have had so many problems with this service, it's slow, half the time it won't load. So I have had this service for about 6 years and I go to pay this month and Walmart Family Mobile tells me I can pay the month with my reward points. I say sure, and do it. Then next day, I can't text, no phone calls. I go to my account and it says not due again till 8/6 so I'm like wtf? Then I get a message that I need to pay. I'm like which is it dudes? So, after 2 or 3 hours of incompetent back and forth, I called **, that was yesterday, the SIM is already here. Dump Walmart's service, it sucks.

Original review: April 30, 2021

My cell phone number was allowed to be stolen by Walmart Family Mobile. They allowed an unknown person to Port my cell number to another company without my permission. It was said that the person did not even answer the security questions to make this happen. I have been without cell service for almost two weeks now. Walmart Family Mobile customer service people are based in India and they are not good at speaking and understanding English. They have been unable to fix this issue in a two week period. Every time we call them, they have no record of the previous calls and you start from the beginning trying to explain to a person who barely speaks English. I recommend you go to anyone other than Walmart Family Mobile. If they can allow someone to steal your phone number, what personal information do they also allow scammers to obtain?

Original review: April 26, 2021

When you buy a sim card at Walmart the Sim card is not refundable no matter the problem you encounter. Bad sim card. You can't activate the sim card or you can't transfer your number. You would not get a refund or replacement sim card. Your money is just a loss.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Dishonest & limited. I've been a customer of Walmart Family Mobile and I always get the 50$ truly unlimited until they shut my data off because I went over 100gs of data, no warning just shut it off. They're liars.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Choose any other company! My phone broke after 90 days and they won’t honor the warranty. I purchased a replacement and they won’t even let me transfer to another carrier. Each rep just reads the same script and none are empowered to do their job. Very poorly run company without good cell service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Their website shows my daughter phone is on a truly unlimited plan. I pay for it, then it switches the unlimited plan to my phone instead. I keep calling them and they tell me it will be correct the next month and that I changed it. Since I didn't change it from one month to next, they are ripping me off. Plus my daughter doesn't have the service she needed. They won't fix it mid month. Really crappy company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I ordered a Nerf gun for $20 and paid for it, they canceled the order because it was out of stock and I clicked on the gun and it said there were 7 in stock, only the price changed from $20 to $57, so they refused to honor the sale price and want me to pay triple for a item I already paid for and lied about their inventory in order to avoid selling me the gun at sale price.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Where I live the tower must be far away because I get dropped calls or no service. I wish that they would get a tower closer so I don't have to move or go closer to the city to get service. I have the unlimited plan but may lower it because of weak service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I order a lot online from Walmart because recently our local Walmart has not a lot of stock. I ordered a dish drainer. Simple yes??? Oh nooo. Five minutes later I found one I liked better. I immediately cancelled the first order within the appropriate time frame. It was not in processing yet. The next day I received an email telling me that my order had been cancelled and had a picture of the one I wanted with the order number. I began to wonder well just what are these people sending me because I received an email telling me my order was on its way not ten minutes later. Went online. The chats section opened up and I thought well why not. Big mistake. I had no idea the three stooges were alive and well and working at Walmart. I explained the situation. Produced all the order numbers and dates and price. To no avail.

After explaining this three or four times to three or four people I was ready to break every dish I had and solve the problem. Keep in mind you have to type. I'm 73 my typing is not the best. They left me three times because of "inactivity". When I was finally able to type it in there using the minimum of words they said they didn't understand??? I went over it three times with three people who stated they simply did not understand what I was complaining about. I thought it was simple and at this point was beginning to think I was being pranked. You know let's drive the old lady crazy.

Finally wonders of all wonders I got to text with someone named Rosdeimy. God bless her/him. They understood immediately and took care of the problem immediately. I wanted to give her a good survey but was unable to find that either. One popped up on the other two but I hate to curse so I didn't do them. My suggestion never ever change your mind. If you do learn to live with it. Never use chats and if you do pray you get Rosdeimy.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I asked for a refund of ½ ($50) of my $98 annual Walmart Grocery Delivery Service membership due to several times, including today, of drivers not following my directions as I asked them to in my online directions/instructions. I have a physical disability and can't afford to chase down drivers like I had to do again today, going up and down 13 stairs and walking another 2 blocks to flag a driver who wouldn’t follow my directions to my apartment, but chose to use GPS, which doesn’t get you to the only entrance to the apartment complex. It’s common sense if someone says use the written directions to get to their apartment door that they probably better do that. I believe the drivers couldn’t read/speak English, so it’s a combination of poor hiring decisions and inadequate training.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

My father purchased a phone for Walmart Family Mobile online and opted to pay the full price rather than monthly installments. Upon trying to unlock his phone since we are moving to an area their service does not cover, we have been told he can’t because he has to continue service for a year. Even upon thorough review of the purchasing page and his billing statement there is no notification of this contingency. We requested either to be refunded for the purchase that they are not willing to service or have the product he purchased be unlocked so he can use that purchase.

After requesting supervisors we have yet to even speak to a supervisor of the unlocking team, but while on hold after being transferred to “a supervisor ready to take my call”, I was able to call in and speak to supervisors from two other departments and still ultimately end back up on hold waiting for the unlock department supervisor. Zero assistance, zero advertising of this contingency and zero customer service.

Original review: July 7, 2020

April 2020 I purchased a 2 bundle Luna j3 pro bundle with service plan included unlimited talk text and data for 149.99 online Wal-Mart account. I had a phone and was going to transfer / as upgrade and other phone was bday gift for a preteen. In activating phones the reps had trouble honoring the included service plan so I paid with debit card to activate both phones. (The service plan was never honored.)

I created a ticket to have the issue looked into in May 2020. Sent supporting purchase info to email provided, no one followed up in the 24/48 hrs they said would happen. June comes around and service plan still not honored, I pay out of pocket for both phones again (49.88and 27.56). 20 to 30 hrs of my time spent on the phone with customer service explaining in great detail and to several different reps. At this time the highest customer service manager and several reps refused to honor the service card plan included in the $149 purchase price. They had me resend the ticket in for to pop.trscfone.com with supporting info and again no response.

Roxanne was the manager and stated she would credit the month of June for 49.88 and refund 27.56... I had already paid for June so a credit for June wasn't a help to me unless she credited the 49.88 towards July since June was already paid for. In explaining that she refused to credit or refund anything, and hung up on me. I tried calling back and was repeatedly transferred and hung up on. Service plan still wasn't applied to account/ no resolution.

July comes and Bill is due again/ no resolution on service plan and rep states that there are now 2 tickets created ask for the ticket number then states there is only 1 ticket showing and says because it's been over 30 days they cannot honor my service plan valued at $80... I ask for a higher manager, he says there isn't one and instructs that I have to pay to continue service. Called Wal-Mart stores and 1800 Wal-Mart and was told nothing they can do but go through customer service which has gotten me nowhere over the last 90 day resolving the issue. The reps are rude, uncaring and the vs supervisor is even worst. I was ripped off by Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart Family Mobile on a $149.99 Bundle service plan deal. Consider yourself warned.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have to manually update apps that are selected for "auto-update" already. They freeze or stop working which is when I know to check for an update. They also interrupt my service a day before or the day that the bill is due, when I have until the 4th of each month to pay!! Right before I paid today, 2 different times showed on top of each other (and still show even after a software update and restarting my phone several times), the accurate one and one that's stuck at 4:56 for some reason. It was 1:56 a.m. when this started happening. It only shows in my notification tab along with the screenshot icon, which I have not taken any for it to be there!! It drives me crazy because I do not like having those icons just sitting there!

I pay for unlimited everything and there have been times on the day of or before my due date that it will say my data isn't working or can't connect for some reason!! That's over $60 AFTER TAXES that I pay MONTHLY JUST TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS!! It's something different EVERY TIME, EVEN THOUGH I PAY MY BILL BY THE DUE DATE!! And everything that everyone else has said about customer service being hard to understand, being rude or saying they'll call back but don't, I have experienced as well!! There have been MAYBE 1 OR 2 people that have actually solved any issues I've had, which is CONSTANTLY what I've already mentioned!! If I could give zero stars, I would!! It sucks because this is the only affordable phone service available to me and they're TRASH!!

Original review: June 11, 2020

Got one line for my kid through them and got an iPhone 6s. I was told by the Walmart clerk that phone will be unlocked after six months so after six month I called and they told me NO it's a year. So now after a year when I called they refuse again saying the time where I have not renewed is not counted. So basically if it's not auto pay it's not counted. To make the matters worst you call thru the customer service first. I explained it to them and customer service told me. "That's fine. It's been a year so you're eligible," then transfer me to unlocking department who were extremely saying comment by their customer service doesnt matter. Will never recommend these guys. Stay away.

Original review: June 5, 2020

The price is great, but the customer service is the worst service I've ever experienced. It's extremely difficult to understand the workers because they all have thick Indian accents. A problem that should only take a few minutes to resolve ends up being an hour or more. While setting up my plan to have my preexisting number I was transferred 4 times, every time being told that I would be transferred to someone who could handle the payment step. I had to re-explain the situation each time. Walmart Family Mobile is great as long as you don't have problems and need to call customer service. Unfortunately, you never know if you're going to have a problem, and thus, this is why I don't recommend Family Mobile to people.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I bought 5 phones for my family and transferred our phone numbers (which took over 8 hours to complete). My total bill for the $29.88 plan should be $148.36. When I tried to refill they wanted me to pay $205. I called in to customer service and the man on the line doesn't understand the issue. ($29.88+$24.88(4)= 136+ tax) Not a hard issue to understand. So I get online and chat with someone. They tell me they can't find my account and can only pull up one line. So long story short I had to reactivate all my other lines then pay the correct $148. One hour later my account is refilled and ready to go. Hopefully this won't happen again next month. If it does we will be changing providers again.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Every time I call to make payment the automated system makes fixes that aren't a problem causing my phone not to work. Spent 3 hours today having them try to fix their mistake. Now no callback again! Bad.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I am on a tight fixed income. They have great plans. Affordable and easy to get started. Great customer service. Recommended to others. They all are extremely happy as well. You can use all different types of phones. Multi-person discounts. Perfect for anyone and everyone.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile is terrible. I have had a phone with them for 2 years now. I received a text message from them advertising add a additional line to my existing line and receive a month of service for each phone on the house. So I went to Walmart, purchased a new phone, brought it home and started following the link in the text. One of the first questions I got was do I want a new number. So I said no because I want to keep my number and add a new number to my account. So needless to say somehow I transferred my number I've always had to the new phone I just bought. So I called Family Mobile and asked for help. I was assured she had fixed everything but I was told I needed to buy a phone card to activate my new phone and that my next month would be free. Well next month came and they shut my phone off. So I got back on phone with them and after a good hour it was supposedly taken care of.

Well then my other phone was shut off. So back on the phone again and Shaun assured it would be taken care of. But again it was not. Up Make a long story short the customer service there is the worst I have ever seen. They dont know anything and they will just keep transferring you to another person then you have to explain everything all over again. As well as being disconnected 6 times from the manager. The end result is they said I didnt add a line. I just upgraded whatever that means so they weren't going to give me the deal. Mind you this was after I thought I had found somebody that was going to fix my problem since I was on hold for 1 hour 45 minutes for him to tell me that he couldn't do anything. So I told him I'm going to close my accounts and go to Metro PCS and he still didn't care.

The last thing I asked him for was the number and a name of the corporate office so I could let them know what horrible service I have received and rather than give me the info I asked he just hung up on me. So I strongly do not recommend walmart family mobile to anyone. Worst service I have ever received from a company.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Reception is spotty in some areas; in others there is no reception -even in the same town. Can't get internet in some places and when you can get it, it's slow. I only have the plan because it is so cheap. I can get reception at my house & around town and I also carry a work phone with me that I could use in an emergency if there isn't reception on the WalMart plan.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Right now, we are a nation in crisis. The last thing we need is FREE DATA!! We need to be able to continue to contact our friends and family. They shut my service off for non-payment. At a time when people are trying to use and conserve their money for more important things. Your company's best idea is FREE DATA! I HAVE WIFI AT HOME!!! Why would I need free data?? You can believe as soon as this COVID-19 Crisis is over, I will be dropping my service with you! And I will tell anyone who is considering your service, HELL NO!! If I could give you less than one star, I would! REALLY?!?! FREE DATA!?!?

Original review: March 7, 2020

I'm a snowbird from Canada, on Walmart recommendation I purchased a phone and Family Mobile plan + International calling card (ILD) back on February 1st, 2020. After a few days, couldn't call or text. It took someone from Tracfone to resolve the issue 3 days later. I renewed my March payment and sure enough after a few days can't call or text.

As of today March 7- 2020, I'm on the phone with technical support, they can't resolve the issue, thus my phone is useless even though I'm fully paid up for both the cell plan and International calling. Technical support is useless, they get you to restart the phone, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, read out the SIM number or IMEI number, all useless. Done that at least 50 times with technical support. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND FAMILY MOBILE. Very bad plan and technical support. I'm going back home at the end of the month, thus I'm just going to dispose of the phone and use my MagicJack on wifi to call home.

Original review: March 2, 2020

At least 90% of the times that I try to log into the Family Mobile Website this is what I get, "Unfortunately, we cannot process your transaction at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience the same issue, call us at 1-877-440-9758.". Maybe they need a website designed to serve current customers and another for selling and set-up. I can't even get a signal in half of the building that I go into. Calling using wi-fi when possible is the only thing that saves me. Spotty service and inadequate online service gives cause to look elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I joined Family Mobile 2 years ago. One line 45 a month for Truly Unlimited. A year later I added my mom for another line of truly unlimited. Price is now 84. I asked how much for another line of truly unlimited for my tablet. They want to charge me another 45,137 a month. This is how Walmart Family Mobile takes care of their customers. I am telling everyone that you can get much better deal somewhere else. T Mobile 40 dollars cheaper. Walmart is a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Affordable plans but service is not the best. Dropped call often. Sometimes no service in certain places (mall, Walmart, some restaurants, etc). Service needs major improvements. Plans are not expensive for on a budget family. Phones are kind of pricey for such a cheap phone service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I was told I could use the chip on my IPhone by the sales agent. They do not install chip or get it going for you. I get home. I call to set up and find out the chip does not match my Iphone. I call and go inside the store again, talk to the same sales agent and she tells me it is non returnable nor refundable, I speak to manager and after sales agent admitted not telling me that chip was non refundable/ returnable and giving me misleading Information as to chip matching my Iphone. No refund was given to me. I was out $35.00 dollars.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They don't know ** and they don't know what the hell they are doing. I signed up to pay for a phone service and when I try to pay for the service it comes up with the wrong price. I have called customer service several times to fix it, but I have been on the phone with them for over 2 hours. I have been transferred over 10 times been disconnected twice. No one knows ** here. I would not recommend them at all. If I could give them negative stars I would have.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

It was very good for knowing exactly what you were paying in advance. No surprises basically. No. Contract is what they offered and always you are ahead. I had one problem when cancelling the service because we were with my son. They said he had a different service and tried to charge him an extra hundred dollars when it was prepaid and we had already paid. So that was the strange part. Other than that it was great.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile is the worst of the worst prepaid phone. You call customer service only automated talk and when you reach to customer human being he hung out on you. I paid 30 days service. I called only 4 or 5 days each time service interrupted and the data lost. This phone really messed with my work and my schedule appointment plus they deactivate my service before time. I am sure I am not only one with this horrible story but like many customer victim of this fake prepaid phone. Tracfone own Family Mobile Phone and Tracfone should really investigated by FBI because Tracfone company making billion of dollar by cheating.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I paid my phone bill 3 days ago and it is still inactive. Money was pulled out of my account, and I have been unable to reach ANYONE because I HAVE NO OTHER PHONE LINE. They are VERY hard to reach, and when you do reach them their solution is to have you call them on a different phone. I have no other phone. I have been dealing with this for hours on end for the last 3 days. Do not get this service. It is the worst decision I have ever made in literally my entire life and I am a recovering drug addict so I have made some pretty horrible decisions.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information