2.0/5 (1113 ratings)

About Walmart Family Mobile

Walmart Family Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart Family Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

It was very good for knowing exactly what you were paying in advance. No surprises basically. No. Contract is what they offered and always you are ahead. I had one problem when cancelling the service because we were with my son. They said he had a different service and tried to charge him an extra hundred dollars when it was prepaid and we had already paid. So that was the strange part. Other than that it was great.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Walmart Family Mobile is the worst of the worst prepaid phone. You call customer service only automated talk and when you reach to customer human being he hung out on you. I paid 30 days service. I called only 4 or 5 days each time service interrupted and the data lost. This phone really messed with my work and my schedule appointment plus they deactivate my service before time. I am sure I am not only one with this horrible story but like many customer victim of this fake prepaid phone. Tracfone own Family Mobile Phone and Tracfone should really investigated by FBI because Tracfone company making billion of dollar by cheating.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I paid my phone bill 3 days ago and it is still inactive. Money was pulled out of my account, and I have been unable to reach ANYONE because I HAVE NO OTHER PHONE LINE. They are VERY hard to reach, and when you do reach them their solution is to have you call them on a different phone. I have no other phone. I have been dealing with this for hours on end for the last 3 days. Do not get this service. It is the worst decision I have ever made in literally my entire life and I am a recovering drug addict so I have made some pretty horrible decisions.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Ok so I have been using Verizon and am tired of overpaying. So I decided to try the Walmart family plan phone. First problem started when trying to transfer my phone number to the new phone. I screen shot my account info on verizon but family mobile says it's not valid. Verizon says they are full of crap and it is correct. So 3, 1 hour long separate phone calls later and family mobile basically is giving me the run around. So I say screw moving old number. Let's just do a new number. They say no problem.

5 minutes later they say it is active. (No it's not.) I have power cycled it multiple times. Removed battery. Checked sim card..etc. So finally after yet again having to call I am again put on hold. Then told it's active. So I hang up. And no it's not. Doesn't work at all. So here it is late evening..I purchased this phone around 9am and have spent the entire day on the phone to make it work. And it still doesn't work. I am so done with this. Clearly a very incompetent bunch. I would strongly advise everyone to avoid at all cost.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My cell stopped allowing me to make outgoing calls last Friday, 1-25-2020. It is Monday 1-27-20 and the tech support has not helped me at all. I have spent over 8 hours w/ them and I still can't make calls.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I've had the truly unlimited plan for over a year now and it works fine. Only one thing is when I bought my activation card, I called to activate and was told the card was already in use. I called the number on the card and they said they could not help me. Went back to Walmart and the asst. manager said he could not help. I told him I was going to call the police to the store and make a fraud report and believe it or not the asst. manager found a way to help me. I've been happy ever since. I stream lots of stuff and it works fine, just as good as any other service I've used.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Worst phone service I have had since Boost Mobile. Customer service no longer in the U. S.. A year ago my hotspot worked fine, 6 months ago. It's now non-existent. Called the overseas customer service and was told I don't get a hotspot and I need to pay my bill, which is paid two months ahead of due date.. I have been extremely disappointment and angry ever since. I switched carriers and am never looking back, hope they go out of business by now! Don't waste your time with these overseas scammers! ⛔❌❌❌

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I’ve had many problems with this service in the past that are similar to what others are saying, and I’d thought I’d seen them all. But today I had to add yet another deceitful practice to the list. My data plan allows me to use 10 gigs for my hotspot. When my hotspot suddenly cut off mid download I was sure I hadn’t reached my limit so I checked my phone. Sure enough, I had only used 8.9G. Now my download, which would have been just fine, is stuck in limbo. Customer services brilliant answer? "Oh well, you’ll have to buy an additional data plan." Thanks Family Mobile....

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Coverage Map claimed to offer 4G Data in my area but signal is so weak that my speed is as slow as 2G. No refunds, so i'm screwed out of $40. The third world country customer support "help" is useless. Never again will I buy anything powered by T-Mobile. Save your money, and try another mvno provider. Walmart Family Mobile is garbage provider!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I almost NEVER leave feedback, but to warn others about the experience we had with Walmart Family Mobile, we decided to go public about your experience. This is the worst product, and even worse service we have ever encountered. Tech support lies, misrepresents, and fails to carry out any promises. Don't believe a word the incompetent representatives tell you. The cell phone quality was so bad, we couldn't understand a word anyone said on the phone internal and exterior speaker. They promised to replace the phone, but it was never sent. We spent hours trying to make it work, all at no avail. Don't waste your time and money.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

This is the worst service in the whole wide world! DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELL YOU TO HAVE FAMILY MOBILE and DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF THEIR PLAN. RUN, RUN AND RUN AND do not look back!

1) Calls goes straight to voicemail.
2) DATA is not working.

3) WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER/WHO DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING Beside telling you- turn off your phone then turn it on. How can a problem be resolve by Turning on and off. Then try to run Themselves as they are useless by telling you give it a couple minute and we will call back. (OF COURSE THESE IDIOTS DO NOT CALL BACK).

I have been patient with them even though most of my call goes straight to voicemail but I was completely done with them when data was working a little bit but no calls/no message was working at all. I called them and gave me bs answer such as "you need to change your phone number, service coverage not available around your city (Fort Worth, TX), phone is not supporting it- turn it on and off then asked me to factory reset my phone (I am done- factory reset my phone?) clearly told them I will not change my phone number I had for 10 yrs or factory reset my phone for something you guys do not know how to fix. Please switch your service and do not get Family Mobile!!! Run, run and run people.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Worst, worst absolute WORST cellular company ever!!! Horrible service, cellular and data are CONSISTENTLY not working, then when I call to get a credit off my bill for the EXTREME inconvenience I am REPEATEDLY hung up on!!! This company needs to NOT EXIST!!! And to have the Walmart name attached to it?! Ugh!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The worst phone service I have ever had! I have tried most of them. But Walmart Family Mobile is the worst out of them all. If you having trouble with your service don't Go to live agent to help fix your problem. Don't text 611611. You will get tons of texts back that doesn't help anything. I mean a lot of texts just wasting your time. When you get a agent on the phone they tell you to hang up and they will give you a call Back. Of course they don't! As far as I am concerned they stole my money! DO NOT TRY WALMART FAMILY MOBILE. IT'S A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL BE THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY TOO.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I've been using this service for a few years now, and for the most part it hasn't been too bad. Sometimes calls don't come through but that isn't a common occurrence. I also do not get service in a lot of place. My largest issue has come up in the last couple of months. I pay for unlimited call and text with a 14gb 4g LTE limit with unlimited data after that, but at a 2g speed.

For the last two months my data limit hasn't reset, and for this last month my service was cancelled two days after I had paid my bill, which was the end date for the previous month. So I call the support line and they see that I had paid and reactivate my account. I got my call and text back but I didn't get my data limit reset, so I was surprised when I found out a week later that I had used 14.4 gigs of my mobile data and had no access to my 4g LTE speed. So I call tech support again and get told that I had spent 14.4 gigs of mobile data (I only really use it for music in the car and occasionally to stream a 20-30 minute show on my lunch break).

When I told them that I had checked my usage since my reset and used only 800mb of data I was told that I had used 14.4gb of data on background apps and music in only 6 days. So I ask to get transferred to their management staff which immediately saw a discrepancy with my usage and get disconnected after a couple of minutes and never receive a callback. So I had to call again, ask for a manager and restart the process. Again I got disconnected and received no callback. This happened a few times more before I gave up for the night.

I tried again a few days later and got through all of the steps to get my service reset again with their billing department. After their reset steps were complete I checked and my data hadn't recovered, again. I didn't realize this until a few days later when I went back to work, as I was operating on Wifi at home for the weekend. So I call back again and go through the steps, again, and after going through yet another agent my phone again stopped working for text, call, and internet. So again I had to go through their technical support and, again, they only got my call and text working.

My data is still over the limit and I've given up trying their technical support. Their agents are very well mannered (through their 10-13 agents I talked with maybe two of them got an attitude when I had to explain my situation several times because they wouldn't actually look into my data usage problem and would instead just look at my account overview which only showed my incorrect exceeded usage), but due to the fact that none of them could fix my actual problem I believe they're wholly unreliable. When it works it works. When it doesn't work they can't fix it. That's not a standard that I feel comfortable putting my continued patronage into.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The phone service didn't always work right, I would miss calls from my bosses at several jobs due to the phone not ringing with me sitting nearby staring at the device. You can Imagine how this could cause me trouble at a job. Oddly enough, the device rings for foreign scammers calling for the previous user of my phone number. I guess their scam call filter was rushed out. But calls from overzealous bosses suck anyway, so this was not my biggest complaint. The Sending or receiving pictures via text has never worked right, but still not my biggest complaint. For nearly 3 years, I have never gone over my high speed data limit, and the data service worked fine as long as I was paying for 14GB and using nowhere near that per month. I recently changed my plan to reflect my actual usage and immediately experienced worse speed even though I was not over my limit.

A few months later I actually go over the limit and my phone is throttled to dial up speed, my hotspot has ceased working entirely, and even after two billing cycles the speed I had before going over that one time has NEVER come back. Every time I have spoken to "support" it has been some angry little social reject that doesn't deserve any job, let alone be helpful. One of my jobs was tech support for a GPS/mapmaker that worked closely with Android devices, I have used this knowledge to improve and repair my Android phone on several occasions, when I can't even fix the speed or the ringing issues, I believe the service provider is to blame. Especially when I know other subscribers with the same issues.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Wal-Mart family mobile is by far the worst group of people working in their customer service I've ever dealt with. Not only did Walmart screw up the plan I paid for they refused to fix their screwup unless I paid an additional 23 dollars for a plan I had already paid for and didn't receive. They would not fix my account. They mocked me on the phone. I could hear the reps making fun of me while I was on the phone with them abs then they hung up.on me. I would not recommend walmart family mobile to a soul even if they were the only phone provider in the world I would do without. They suck and most of them you can't even understand because they can barely speak English. One in particular her name was Riza and she should be terminated because she lacks customer service skills. I would have given 0 stars if there was an option.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Horrible internet. Barely receive service. Not even worth it if the service were free. Pay a little extra for AT&T. Waste of money!!! Literally took about 8 minutes for this page to load smh. Don’t do it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I just finished spending more than an hour with the people Walmart has hired for customer service in the Philippines. They repeatedly tell me I have no balance left to call. I told them to check my call logs and that would should I have not used up my balance. The repeatedly told me they were checking my call logs for the entire hour plus that we talked. Finally at the end they admitted they lied and were unable to check the call logs. They told me they could only check on the balance remaining. They wasted my time (twice) for more than an hour and then admitted they lied to me about their ability to check my call logs. Way to go Walmart! Hire incompetents in another country!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I never received $50 e gift card. The promotion was online, still can be seen in google. Customer service has no clue about it. Promotion paper was in walmart store, can be seen online and a paper of it with order as well. It said as after receiving shipment, pleases submit receipt and you will get gift (https://wfmgiftcard.com/). Why walmart spoiling their name in this, not sure.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Walmart Family Mobile is a scam because you can’t stream videos without buffering on YouTube. You try to search something online and guess what? You have to wait like ten minutes just to load a page and that doesn’t include being able to interact with the webpage you are trying to go on. Basically Walmart are scammers and they take your money and don’t give what they promise. Walmart should be shut down for their impacts on our environment, how they treat their employees, and how they constantly lie to scam people about their plastic food, GMO products, their top employee pay, and because of their self righteous greed to own every person. Bastards and I’ll be returning my service that sucks royally bad.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just recently paid my phone bill after it had been off for about 30 mins from me forgetting to pay it. No problem. I paid over the automated phone and my phone was working again. Except, service was still not working with 2 of the 4 phones on my account. I checked online and it says they are "still in the process of activating please call if in 5 mins they aren't fixed". I called and the robocall hung up on me after repeating that same prompt. I called their customer service through a workaround with a different phone and after verifying my account and thanking me for my patience a weirdly high amount of times they asked me to verify the sim card on my mother's phone.

I do not live with my mother, I am at work and can't walk my older mother through how to take it out and verify it. I informed them this only started happening to my account after I paid them and it's happening to two different phones on the account, it's not a problem on my end obviously to anyone with any experience with troubleshooting (which you would hope their customer service would be trained the slightest in). I was told to call back when I can verify it so they can move to the next step in the process. I was told this exact same prompt at least 5 times in a row when stating I can not do that any time soon and it is TWO different phones having this problem. Nope, same prompt again. This is not my first horrible bad customer service call with them. I would recommend this company if you can get the employee discount, but if not highly recommend to stay away from them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Today's date is October 29th of 2019 7:23 p.m. Eastern Time. I need to report in the customer service for Walmart Family Mobile the services with them. It really sucks. Two times this month my phone will tell me it looks like you're out of minutes which I wasn't. For five times I called 611 for Walmart Family Mobile. The representative gave me instructions which didn't work and never called back to help me after back to use another phone which I told him I had no other device to use. I called back, asked if they can give me extension on the date my phone will get cut-off for extra day and they refuse to. I told him this is unfair that I have to call 877 number and they help me out from another device have to beg for use.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

29 days my phone has worked fine. I wake up remembering I never got the $50 gift card for the promotion they are running. I called customer service and the guy tells me it got stuck pending in their system and he's emailing it now. I don't receive the email and he replies, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I said, "Yes. I didn't get the email" and he asks me to restart the phone(?). And I said, "No that's not the problem and I want to do the survey on my experience" and the call gets dropped immediately.

All of the sudden I can't make calls (it says I'm out of minutes but I have unlimited plan) and hangs up immediately. My text messages are unable to send or receive (says Messaging has been blocked?). I think it's maybe because it's my last day of service before I need to pay my bill so I pay the bill and it says I'm good to go for another month but nothing works still. Oddly, my data has worked the entire time and I can only call customer service.

I talk to 3 more people telling me to restart my phone or their was a programming error they fixed. The 4th person says give him a second. He's looking up my account. 5 minutes and I only hear chatting in the background. He then says he's still working on getting it pulled up and a few more minutes go by then he hangs up. 5th call and this person says my account needs attention because the area code I activated my phone in doesn't match my current location and phones don't work out of range of the activation area (???). I told him that's ** and he says I need to do a factory reset to fix the problem. That would delete everything on my phone so I said no and he said, "Thank you for calling" and hung up.

Call #6 the lady says she's a manager (managers answer customer service lines?) And I just told her I want a refund of that next month's payment. She tells me it's to process tomorrow and I'll see the money in 3-5 business days and tried to hang up but before she did i asked her what the reference number is for the refund and she said it would be generated when she finalizes the request....which means she hadn't even done it. She does a bunch of typing then provides me with a number. I have a feeling I won't receive this money back. Got an At&t phone instead. I couldn't imagine a less competent "staff".

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I have a TCL TracFone through Walmart Family Mobile. All of a sudden I was unable to make or receive calls. Calling tech support was a miserable experience to say the least. I made at least 10 calls to their customer support for help. They told me they couldn't fix my phone while I was on it. Since I live alone and only had my cell phone, I had to go and buy another phone JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM TO HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PHONE!!!! Once I purchase a NEW phone, I called them and they were able to fix it. It turned out it was their fault as they had made system changes over the weekend and it messed up the minutes on my cell preventing me from making or receiving calls. So this was THEIR mistake and it ended up costing me money for another phone. Stay away from this cell service. Customer support is the absolute worst I've ever experienced!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have the same problem as most of you and especially, Patrick of Moscow, ID. I called about a voicemail problem and they said they fixed my problem. I hung up. Tried to make a call and I get "Oh no!! It seems you ran out of minutes. Call 611 to buy more". I am on the unlimited plan where they take money out of my acct. monthly, not the pay by the minute plan. I tell them what is happening and they say, "There is no problem with your phone. I can't fix something there is nothing wrong with." Yet I can't make calls except to 611. Apparently they want to be my friend, AND BE THE ONLY FRIEND I CAN HAVE!

They also have the same generic fixes. Remove battery, remove sim card, wait one minute, turn phone back on and try and make a call. It is all read by scripts. All typed out for them. And can anyone answer me this. Why do all the reps. in India and the Philippines have Americanized names???? Who do they think they're fooling?? Sincerely, Phoneless in America

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I initially purchased cell phone service for myself. I noticed while trying to get activated customer service was not going to be great, but figured I'm not normally needy and don't need a lot of hand holding so thought it would be OK. The major problem happened when we added my husband's phone to the account. It wouldn't set up as an add on phone, so we set it up for what the system would take, 14G at $39.88. Mind you I was on the 4G plan and the add on phone for that plan was supposed to be $24.88 with the $5 discount for additional lines (4G is plenty for both of us).

Once we had things running I called customer service to explain the problem and was told they would get it fixed. I recently had my credit card hacked that I was using for auto billing which caused me to look at all my charges closely and I realized they never changed out his plan and so for the whole time (MANY months) we were overcharged!! I called them about halfway through the last billing cycle to point out the problem and was told it could not be fixed until we reached the end of the cycle (idea being they don't want to issue a credit I think). So I called today at the end of my cycle and it seems (maybe) that they fixed the billing price, however they refuse to issue any credit at all for the time we were overcharged. We will be leaving them after this. I recommend you stay away if you want to be treated fairly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

DON'T even think about getting a My Family Mobile Mobile Plan. You'll regret it. They have the worst customer service in the world. The reason their customer service representatives are on the other side of the planet is because people like myself would go to them in person and they wouldn't be able to brutalize you the way they do over the phone. I've spent hundreds of hours and lost lots of money dealing with the ignorant uneducated barely English speaking men and woman who lie for a living. If you have a problem with your My Family Mobile Phone or your service just throw it away and go somewhere else. It will be a lot easier than calling the customer service because they have none. I repeat DON'T do it!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

After 10 months of very spotty service and the companies claim that I ran through 4GB of data in 18 days or less each month, I'd had it with Family Mobile and went to cancel my service. They had the audacity to charge my credit card when I called to cancel- 3 days earlier than it should have been. I was on Autopay and as I called to cancel I reneged their ability to charge my card....or so I thought. They charged it and then canceled my service. I made over a dozen calls to their call center, which is located in the Philippines....they played the "I'll forward your call on to a supervisor" "We can resolve that for you....I just need to get my supervisor to approve"....routine or just 'hung up' on me each time, never making the issue resolved.

I've reported them to the FTC and I'm thankful it was only 31 dollars and not more. This company is a huge rip off. I switched to T-mobile and verified my data claims (that Family mobile's tracking of your data is way off...almost double what you actually use). Family Mobile also refused to release my iPhone. Thankfully T-Mobile had a 'prepay for service get a free phone ' deal so I come out 'ahead'...just have to pay three months in advance for two phones. Again, bottom line....DO NOT GET SERVICE WITH FAMILY MOBILE. Having their Customer Service call center in the Philippines should be enough to keep you from going to them. The FTC/FCC should shut this company down before they rip off more people. Walmart! Why are you associated with this scam company?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Honestly they are cheap but the tech support and/or customer service is awful. They generally have no idea how to help at all. The signal is also pretty bad. So all in all you are paying cheap for a sub-par service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Was great until my service broke. Broke, as in I had dumped the cash for the service but was not receiving it. No outgoing calls, nor data. Contacting tech support or any other branch of Family Mobile resulted in one thing; Restarting my phone. They would lead me for up to half an hour with questions and requests until claiming to have fixed the problem and telling me to restart my phone. They had fixed nothing. Some stupid gimmick on the chance that the problem might be resolved be a restart. Beyond that I was told to change my APN settings. Which I did. No result.

The issue had to be either on their end or with my SIM card. I could text and call Family Mobile, but nowhere else; which is to say the problem wasn't on my end. No solution. I tried to switch carriers. Phone was locked. Arbitrarily- too, since the phone wasn't on a plan to start, but rather was simply from TracFone. What do I get to see when I try to unlock my phone? I can't. Why? They deleted my account. At some point along the way, my number was deleted from the providers, well within renewal times. I have no idea how this happened, however it was not of my action. Don't. Do. Family Mobile.

Walmart Family Mobile Company Information