Page Plus Cellular

Holland, OH

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Page Plus Cellular company sucks. I have only been a customer for a week and this has been the worst experience I've had to deal with as far as a cellular company goes. The staff are very basic and have pretty much no clue as to what they are doing and Technical support is absolutely of no help. I have always been able to text regardless of the phone company I've been with, but for some reason with Page Plus, I can't and they have no clue as to why. Please do Not use this company.

Used to be a great company. Now the customer service is going downhill. When I made a phone call to the customer service regarding account credit, the lady put me on hold and then chat with another agent (I can clearly hear their talk in the background). After ten minutes hold, I asked what was going on and she said, "I cannot help you and need to transfer you to another department." Of course you cannot help me, you were not doing anything during these ten minutes! When I complained, she pretended not hearing me and kept asking "Are you still there, I cannot hear you" and then hung up my phone. Worst customer service I ever had. That lady should be FIRED!

Website is a little clunky and even after you pay they still remind you that you only have 1 day left, other than that they are very good. Overall Page Plus is reliable as they do use Verizon towers, does drop out at the house from time to time but no service works that good in our area.

On Dec 2 2016 I purchased 4 SIM cards from Page Plus Cellular after checking that my phones were compatible. I attempted to activate each phone with Page Plus Cellular on the dates that each phone ran out of service from my previous provider. Paid $60.79 for service and activated phone #1 on Dec 8, paid $60.79 and activated phone #2 on Dec 15, paid $60.79 and activated phone #3 on Dec 16, paid $60.79 on phone #4 on Dec 26 but could not activate due to Page Plus online activation server problem.

Upon contacting Page Plus Cellular to correct the concern I found out this was the beginning of a nightmare with the worst cell phone company I've ever dealt with. Page Plus Cellular told me that I needed to pay for a plan before they would activate phone #4 in which I had already paid for the plan. They would not activate phone #4 even though they tracked that I had made the payment on Dec 4. On Dec 28 I finally asked for a refund back to my credit card for phone #4 since they would not activate it, they stated the service had already expired (No way a service expired that was only 2 days old and never activated). They finally agreed to refund my credit card after finding out they didn't provide any service for a service I paid for.

Dec 29, service stopped working on phone #2, called Page Plus Cellular and once again was told that the service on this phone had also expired. After arguing that the service started on Dec 15 on phone #2 so there's no way the service could have ended I am now told that the phone is no longer compatible with their service. Although they previously stated the phone was compatible and it worked perfectly fine the 14 days it was on (before they stopped the service that is), now all of a sudden it isn't compatible. I asked for a credit and was told I would not get any, "But" if I have a compatible device to transfer the sim too they would turn the service back on, hmmm.

Dec 29 lost approximately $31 worth of service on phone #2 since I supposedly no longer had a compatible device. Back to phone #4, asked about the refund for the Dec 26 for phone #4 in which they never activated the sim or provided any service for, was told that I would see the refund to my card in 3-5 business days. Jan 4, 2017 still no credit back to my card. Called Page Plus Cellular again and they stated that they see the request but the person I had talked to had never sent in the request. Was told that the request would be sent immediately and I would see the credit back to my card 3-5 business days. January 13, 2017, still no credit back to my card. Called Page Plus Cellular, once again they state the service for phone #4 had already expired even though they never activated the sim or provided any service.

After telling them again that they never even activated it to even use the service I purchased on Dec 26 they stated they had already credited the money back to my credit card. When I asked the date that they credited it back they stated Dec 31, 2016. This company never credited back any money and I basically lost $91.79 in services that was never provided. In the process of disputing the charge through my credit card company of $60.79 on Dec 26 in which Page Plus Cellular falsely state they refunded.

It doesn't make sense to me. This company could have made so much more from me by providing a legitimate service in which they would have received $243.16 a month, instead they chose to rob me of a month of service @ $60.79. My phones have now been moved to a different company, was a Page Plus Cellular customer for less than a month. After reading reviews I see why. Beware of Page Plus Cellular, they are by far the worst cellular company I've ever encountered.

Been with Page Plus since July 2016. I have had to call customer service every single month to make my 4G work again which is beyond ridiculous. If you have an iPhone and accept updates from Apple they will not tell you you have to download a new profile after certain updates unless you call. Other times the excuse is you have to call for them to manually update your 4G data when suggested measures don't work. You will not get an explanation of why this is needed at all. You don't get reliable anything from these people without complaining.

This month I lowered my plan on auto pay on my account at their website and shocker it did not upload my payment to my phone but it's showing as a charge at my bank. No phone service because of their error but they took my money! I will be calling them and very likely looking elsewhere for service. It's just too much work and unreliability every single month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

No service but charged by min for dropped calls. Put money on account by pin -- China or Isis didn't apply cause service date not up but min up? Wtf... Had to take a quick course in Chinese arithmetic to communicate with the rudest ignorant communist **. Then I explained in Chinese how I don't have the signal I used to when I became a customer 2 years ago. Now the only service I get is dropping calls like they hot!!! And she say "if phone calls you got service!!" I'm going all American even if I got to talk through a cup and string!! Go Trump. Go bring America back!!! Boycott all communist and Mexican everything and ship everyone who don't agree with it straight to the 3rd world before we are the world of nothing.

I've never been so dissatisfied with a company like I am with page plus. I paid online like instructed. The data was never loaded onto my son's phone and they claimed no refund can be issued. This company is a huge rip-off and their staff is worthless. They got their money, what do they care.

Just transferred my phone number from a different provider. Paid 75 bucks and they deleted the account somehow. Called #ccare to talk to someone and they said to call a different #22890 and it said cannot activate. Bunch of IDIOTS!

Made 2 payments on 11/06/2016, one was for 44.45$ which I was credited for bill period 11/06/2016 - 12/06/2016 and 58.00$ which I was assuming will be credited to my account for bill period 12/06/2016 - 01/06/2017. Called customer service, was hung up on twice, the third time I actually got a supervisor and he told me that my money had just disappeared. Can you believe that? Your money disappearing? These people are unreal.

When your phone is working, when your billing is going as planned, when there are no problems, the service is fine. But when problems come (and they will), the customer service is HORRIBLE. My time on hold with them HAS to have been over 16 hours. You can talk to 4 different people and they will tell you 4 different things. The final blow - I switched to another provider and contacted them to stop my Auto Bill Payment. I got billed the following month. I contacted customer service who claimed I was never on auto bill pay and wasn't billed and said I may have used a different website. I copied and pasted the entire receipt email where I was billed - which stated my name, account, THEIR website name, said I was on Auto Bill Pay, date AND time, payment method, invoice number, transaction ID and authorization number, among MANY other things - they told me there was no record of it.

This is only one incident. As I tried to port my number to my new service, they made it difficult. And SEVERAL other times, dealing with customer service, I waited hours on hold then got thrown from one person to another, the first 4 or so wouldn't know the answer, then finally someone did - after wasting 2 hours of my time. Run... run away... run away fast!!!

We have been Page Plus customers for about four years. Originally we ported Verizon phones over, and recently I bought an inexpensive Android phone from Page Plus. Service has been good, prices are great, and I've had better response and shorter wait times with the Page Plus online chats than with Verizon. I think I even called once, and got through faster than was typical with Verizon. There are three negatives: 1) Our iPhone 4 didn't have the same voice mail functionality as on Verizon (those phones went back to Verizon finally, for that reason); 2) Page Plus doesn't offer a plan for tablets; 3) Once we were traveling in Roosevelt, Utah, with two Page Plus phones, a full-service Verizon phone, and a pay-as-you go Verizon tablet. The Page Plus and the pay-as-you go Verizon did not function on roaming, while the full-service Verizon did.

Was a customer for three years. After two years, the auto-refill system would not work. See other reviews for that issue. I then had to pay manually every month, but not a dealbreaker for me. Recently, their online and phone payments are automatically rejected, even though the pending charges are frozen on the bank account for a week. Called two months in a row, had to hold for at least an hour and finally was told it was the bank reject the payment. Then called the bank and they said the pending payments are there, but there is no hold on my account. Round and round we go... called Page Plus back and they stuck to their "it's your bank" excuse. The end... of Page Plus, that is. In conclusion, would you try to sell your own services to customers that could not pay you? Of course not, that defeats the rule of business, but you sure could make some coin by holding onto their money for a week!!

I am back with a major carrier after the most frustrating month of trying to deal with a company that has no regard for customer service. Almost every aspect of the on boarding/new client experience seemed to be designed by unqualified idiots. As many have posted, the only customer service option is something waaaay offshore and they seem to be incented by how long they can keep you on the phone and how aggravated they can make you. I wish I was exaggerating.

Intermittent text and data issues were the last straw.

My move back to the National carrier was actually a pleasant experience, taking a fraction of the time and dealing with pleasant professional people. I am amazed they are still in business, the price differential between Page Plus and my new National carrier (same network) is not that great. In my experience with Page Plus you get much less than you are paying for - even at their lower rates!

Terrible customer service who eventually hung up on me after giving me the full run around and refused to answer questions. Basically, Page Plus used all of my data this month (1 GB) for an internal 'profile update' to which I did not know about nor agree to, but they insisted was 'very important'. And they insist that they cannot do anything about it nor give me a credit to my accounts. Not worth the savings any longer and will be moving our accounts to another provider.

TERRIBLE COMPANY, COMPLETE LACK OF CONCERN TO RESOLVE CUSTOMER ISSUES. As a customer, I have been very patient and diligent in exploring all options to contact them, and giving them number of chances to resolve my problem. Turns out to be a waste of time. Recently, Page Plus merged with TracFone. Since November 2016, my data has not been working (more than one week as of this post). I contacted them by phone but all they do is go through a sheet of recommended steps and are not knowledgeable of the issue - turn off phone, remove sim card, turn on phone, etc. Largely these are call centers located in Asia, and they don't know what they're doing. If you demand supervisor or level two support, they put you ON HOLD and no one answers. I've spent hours via this route and it's pointless.

Chat support - you have to contact them as soon as they're active in the morning because after just 30 min to one hour, they're "too busy" and chat becomes no longer available for the rest of the day. You can't even be on queue - it just is no longer accessible. As far as my problem is concerned, they reset something, it worked, but minutes later, it stopped working; this happened on two separate sessions. Of course when you try to get back, the chat is no longer accessible, so you have to wait for the next morning to contact them again. IT'S RIDICULOUS. I find it almost comical how lacking their support and concern for issues their customers have.

Of course, there are no refunds when you're prepaid, even though an important part of the service isn't working anymore. I will be closing this account and moving to another provider (sim card already on the way) and charge back my credit card, as they offer me no other alternative. Companies such as this doesn't deserve your money and all they'll do is waste your time and effort - stay away.

We have had Page Plus for years! YEARS!!! Pay the bill on a Tuesday and the whole entire account vanishes from their system on Thursday! Saying the same phone we've been using for a BUSINESS is no longer eligible for their network! Refused to port the number to another device! Refused help in any kind of way. Each rep out of the 10-15 I spoke to all good a different story! They are oblivious to their own operation and if the employees don't know now I'm sure they'll soon find the CEO on American Greed! All of our business paraphernalia have the same number plastered all over it!! And all they could do was say sorry I understand?? THE LIES!!

Our company is at stake due to the negligent within a company and the idiots that answer the phone after an hour and a half wait just to hang up on you with the cockiness that will drive you nuts! This is the absolute worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. The lowest of the low and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do! On top of Page Plus not having our number. No other company can port the number due to it being inactive on its original account!!! 9 years doing business with the same number and Page Plus gets to decide our fate??? No! This is not the last they will be hearing from US!! So unethical!!!

Their customer service has really gone downhill since I became a customer 4 years ago. If I can find an alternate service provider, I will go with them. I was happy with the service until recently, when their system started failing to auto renew my plan. I called today with a simple request: please put payment through (it was supposed to go through but did not due to a system error on their part). I just want to give them money and have them give me service! Very simple! But apparently that is too much to ask.

On my first call, I was going to be transferred to a supervisor, but the guy hung up on me. I called back and waited on hold again, and was transferred to a "supervisor", who then put me on hold to "research" the issue. He put me on hold for over 20 minutes without checking back in. I could actually hear noise from the call center in the background, and I kept saying, "hello, are you there?" but I got no reply. Finally at 34 minutes into the call, I hung up, very angry at this point. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS. Shame on you Page Plus for hiring employees who have no desire nor ability to provide even the most basic level of service and courtesy. I am no longer going to be patronizing your business.

I've been a happy Page Plus customer for years now. In fact, I just bought a phone from them I liked at a decent price. All was well in my world until... Until I call up to deactivate the phone I've been using and activate the "new" one I just got from them. They would not activate it because I was (and always have) used a plan where I add minutes as I need them. Basically, I spend $25 and it's good for 120 days unless I use it up and have to get more early. Well, that plan is why I switched to Page Plus. Nothing was even hinted at when I chose the phone I just bought that would lead me to believe I wouldn't be able to continue on as normal with it. But, wham! "Oh, that phone you bought is 4G capable so, you have to go onto a monthly plan or we can't activate it." NO. I'm not with Page Plus to have a plan like that.

I was not told, and nothing on the site as of the time I bought the phone even gave a clue this was going to happen. As if that's not enough, guess what, I also had one sent to a client and it hasn't even been delivered yet. So, guess what sort of mood I'm in now. NO! I will not be forced onto a plan I don't want or need. I asked the last person I spoke with to just look and add up all the data I have used since I became a customer. Hint, it's practically nothing. I use a phone as a phone... that's about it. But, what... I can't have a nice phone if I'm not willing to pay multiples of what I need or use? NO NO NO. That's much worse than bait & switch. You advertised the phone on your site and I, your customer, bought the phone. You don't do business like that in the United States I live in. I was perfectly happy and often recommended Page Plus to friends, family, clients and this is how they repay me for my kindness. Yeah, NO!

I like the phone service when it is working. However, it rarely works. Every month for the past 4 months I have had to call and contact customer service because my "auto" reup plan will not reup by itself. This past time I have tried for 3 days straight to contact customer service via phone and chat. They put me on hold for 2 hours only to tell me "sorry all of our representatives are busy". After they finally did answer all they told me to do was just to restart my phone. This did not work, so now I am on hold again for over an hour and the online chat has been saying it's busy assisting other customers for 3 days straight. I am getting really pissed! VERY dissatisfied with the customer service!!!

I purchased a used cell phone for my nephew back in July 2016 off of craigslist. After verifying the ESN # was good, I activated the phone under Page Plus Cellular. For over 3 months everything was fine. Then on October 10th, I re-up'd his plan which was the $55 Unlimited calls and text plus 5GB of data. Three days later the phone is acting really weird. He can call and text some people but not others and can't use the data at all. I called Page Plus Cellular to see what was going on. After over 40 minutes and being shuffled around to 3 supposedly different departments (of which I'm still very skeptical that I wasn't just shuffled around to 3 different people), I was finally informed that the phone that we had successfully been using for over 3 months, had been reported stolen.

I asked the customer service representative what date it had actually been reported stolen, but was told that they couldn't tell me that, but unfortunately there was nothing they could do about it. I then asked about a refund on the re-up price, but was informed that because we had used 360kb of the 5GB of data, that we were not eligible for any refund, not even a partial. I then asked to speak to a manager upon which I was told the representative would see if a manager was available. To which I replied, "Are you going to put me on hold and then come back on the line and tell me a manager is unavailable at this time because they are busy helping other customers?" To which the customer service representative repeated, "I will see if a manager is available."

After holding for another 5 minutes, the customer representative came back on the line and told me, you guessed it. Unfortunately a manager is not available at this time as they are all busy helping other customers... Page Plus Cellular provides 2nd rate service combined with 3rd rate customer support. There are lots of other pre-paid providers out there to choose from that offer better service and better customer support. If this is how Page Plus Cellular chooses to treat its customers, I personally will never use Page Plus Cellular again...

So, I have had Page Plus for a few years now, and overall was pretty satisfied with their low cost payment plans and pretty good service. I never really liked the customer service as they are not 24 hours and mainly just normal business hours. I have the automatic payment plan set up for awhile now, and they started giving you a discount if you have auto renew set up on your account. Example: $29.95 + tax is normal price but with auto refill you get it for $27.00 + tax.

So today for this month I noticed I had no service and my auto renew did not kick in. So I called Page Plus and asked why my auto renew did not activate. They said they were having system errors, so I could make the one time payment to get my service back. I said "Sure no problem", and "I am going to be charged at the discounted rate for auto renew correct?" They said "No, because that is a promo only for auto renew." So I replied, "but as the customer I did my part and have auto renew set up, how should I be penalized because your company is having system errors?" They said there is nothing they can do, and have to charge me the non-discounted price. (This was a supervisor by the way).

So, I object saying that is not fair, and seems unreasonable, to advertise a discounted price on plans for having auto renew set up, then telling customers "you can't receive that discount even though there's nothing you did wrong and we are having system errors". She just continues to repeat herself saying, "Do you want to add your plan to your account?" She becomes very rude when I say no, and eventually hangs up the phone on me. I never encountered any customer service ever hanging up the phone on me in my adult life of 22+ years. This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth of this company, and I will be looking for other company similar to Page Plus, like Cricket.

I went to use my phone today and found it wasn't working and said my bill wasn't paid. I had signed up for their auto refill. I called them up and after an hour I was told their auto pay system had failed. The only way to reactivate my phone was to pay the full price. Then they want to reenroll me in the auto refill plan but won't refund the difference in price. They made a mistake and charge me extra for them to fix it. When I asked to speak to a manager they said they would transfer me and hung up. Look elsewhere for phone service.

As with the other numerous identical complaints, Page Plus attempted to tell me my cc was declined (auto pay), but my bank stated the charge went through. Had to purchase a additional pin (used the same cc # they told me was being declined). Told them I am doing chargebacks on any unauthorized payments and my card started working again... Looks like they are doing this to everyone. They are a very stupid/arrogant/ignorant company.

Updated on 11/15/2016: During Sept 2016, their auto pay did not kick in. Told me my bank rejected it. Charged me a higher fee to renew plan. My credit card co stated there is nothing wrong with my card, problem is on their end. Well today, Nov 2006, they did it again. Same cc # as on Sept, Oct and Nov. Same bs on their part. Customer service acts surprised when you call like they don't know they have a problem. They lie through their illegal alien breath..

Page Plus Cellular is to be avoided at ALL costs. They sent me a defective phone and refuse to do anything about it. Calling them only results in foreigners asking you the same questions over and over and then "transferring" you by way of hanging up the line. Their goal seems to be wasting so much of your time that you either hang up in disgust or do the hanging up for you. They refuse to refund the money for the defective phone AND require you the privilege of paying for the postage to return the defective phone that you got to pay for. Everytime they transfer you, you get to give the same information over and over. Keeping your money and giving you an ulcer in sheer, tear inducing anger is their goal. AVOID THESE THIEVES AT ALL COSTS.

I paid my friends cell phone bill with my credit card on a Saturday. Sunday his phone was shut off. I called customer service, and got several calls back from people who spoke terrible English. When I did talk to someone, they wanted the PIN for the account. I explained if my friends phone worked, I could get the PIN. I then further exclaimed "why do I need a PIN for you to take my money?"

I cancelled my payment with the C.C. company, and Monday my friend paid his bill in cash. On Wednesday they shut it off, they said because the bill was not paid. He called them, and they said yes, the bill was paid, but he could not use a C.C. to pay anymore. Page Plus does not have to worry about that anymore, my friend will switch to Boost or Metro when they shut it off. Bye Page Plus. I've had it with these companies that offshore their customer service, and I stop doing business with them when I get a foreign agent.

My friend recommended them and also thought they were still with Verizon. First off, I had to buy their special phone, though I already had a CDMA phone, somehow it wasn't good enough. So, I tried to order one online, and the online ordering system doesn't work. So I called. The English of the operators is so hard to understand and they don't understand you either. And the problem was the same when using the chat help feature. The low priced phone they advertised was somehow not available and they didn't know if it would be available in the future. So I bought a higher priced phone than I wanted to. I got the pay as you go plan, pretty much for emergencies. Well guess what? As soon as you get the phone the data is already turned on and you get billed for it unless you read this first.

Then there were all these other charges. Phone calls, texts. I only sent one test text. But they billed me for other ones. Some were texts from them to activate my phone. Their policy seems to be that the customer is always wrong. Oh yes and there's a monthly access fee (hidden in deliberately deceptive language like, You think you're in the pay as you go plan but it's really the standard plan - deliberate double talk) in addition to your plan fee to surprise you even more. Every time I looked at my account the first two days (today is the 3rd day of having this phone), my account was being drained by these scam artists. FreedomPop was pretty bad but I have to say that Page Plus is actually worse. And TracFone is just as bad as when I knew I was dealing with TracFone.

And I haven't tried using the phone or text service everywhere but according to the other reviews it won't be reliable Verizon, which was the whole point of this phone in the first place. To have a reliable phone for emergencies. They definitely reek of being scam artists. It's pretty unlikely that I'll renew. And what a big waste of time and aggravation. Piece of **. Very angry. I would add a copy of my verified receipt but I don't know how to upload it. I'm reviewing this because it's my only recourse (I asked to a manager, and that was a joke) and I'm sure it will help others.

I've been with Page Plus for a very long time. I've stuck with them through their growing pains because they used Verizon towers and I had great coverage and quality. Not any more. I am regularly unable to make calls (I get the recording to redial the 10 digit number) or receive calls. Seriously?!? I was unable to call my husband during an emergency because of this new problem and had to resort to using Google Voice to reach him. I am looking to switch to a service where I can ALWAYS make and receive calls, not just whenever Page Plus allows me to.

Something changed with Page Plus Cellular. The autofill never kicked in and they stopped my phone service. I was on hold for 1 hr and could not get hold of anyone. Their customer service people are not friendly. Stay away from Page Plus.

I have been with Page Plus for over 5 years now. I am unable to send a text with one pictures. I called them two times. The first time they told me to take my phone downtown to have it checked out. As if there is a Page Plus dealer there? I called again tonight, they told me that I would have to turn my cellular data on to be able to send a picture with my text. I am unable to use my Wi-fi? She said "No you can't." Page Plus I found out change to TracFone which don't work in our area, so why would they do this to their good people. Shame on them. I am looking for someone else. I am so sad :-( that they did this to us, retired people. And in closing the people on the phone are not even from the USA and sometimes they don't even know what we are talking about when they ask us what is going on with the phone.

I paid to renew my $55.00 on 8/1/16 online after receiving several text messages and emails stating that I only had ONE SERVICE DAY left. Today is 8/4/16 and my plan has not renewed and my data IS STILL AT 2G TURTLE SPEED!! WHAT A JOKE! I called them yesterday and today and both times they said, "YOUR PLAN WILL RENEW AT MIDNIGHT TOMORROW!!!" The fact that you have to talk to a representative to renew your damn plan every month is absolutely RIDICULOUS!! Last month I was on hold for 35 minutes!! I'M DONE WITH THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY!!! Please take your money and run to another cell phone carrier!!!

Page Plus Cellular Company Profile