Holland, OH

2.7/5 (537 ratings)

About Page Plus Cellular

Page Plus Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

2 weeks after receiving my new phone and it went haywire. 56 hours with techs and they stated they could not fix it. Today 3 1/2 hours talking to 25 reps I still got no help returning this phone for my $ back. Do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!!!! Page Plus used to be great. I switched over to them about 10 years ago. They had the best plans that used Verizon cell towers, for the lowest prices. Recently, they were sold, first to TracFone, then to Verizon themselves. After that switch, they really went downhill at a rapid pace. It got so bad that I decided to switch to Verizon. When I called to port my number, they totally tried to talk me out of leaving. It was obvious it was on their script. I had to be VERY firm with them that I was not staying with Page Plus. So what did they do? They gave me bogus info to provide for the porting process! That resulted in the porting process failing, and I lost the phone number I've had for literally 20 years through four different carriers! Not only was the cell service junk now, but their incompetent customer service was the icing on the cake!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I switched carriers and needed my phone number that I have had for over 15 years. The request was sent. Page Plus denied it. I called and Page Plus said they were having problems with their system. My new carrier submitted it again. This time it was the account number which they said was submitted correctly the first time. This process was submitted in plenty of time for them to port it over. They jerked me around until they said the number had to be active because it was no longer active. I was also having a surgical procedure and did not feel like calling everyone a new number. Wish I had read the reviews first but I went through a company that has carriers like page plus. Third or fourth rate. Not worth your money or time.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I have been a customers for year because it was a flexible cheap plan. I am not one to write reviews either but this company needs to be exposed. I Finally had so many problems with trying to change my number, to fraud on my bank account to the point no one ever could help me whenever I called. I was waiting for calls backs and put on hold from Thurs Feb 24 until Sun Mar 6th. NO ONE HELPED STILL!!! They kept saying my number didn't exist in their system and then disconnect over and over again. Scammers, please cheap is scamming. They lie lie lie. Now I have no phone and no help. I will be going to Verizon and pay high prices for great service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

They offer NO WAY to update the payment information on your account. They make you cancel service and then enroll again with a different card expiration date or credit card number for automatic payment. The charge said $10 which reflects their offer of $10/mo when you have automatic refill payment instead of 12/mo. When I clicked OK the charge changed to $12. So basically they get away with charging a $2 fee for changing the credit card number or updating the expiration date by not offering to update payment settings. Scammers. They really suck, I talked to 4 customer service people who were very nice but could not do anything to help me because the company system does not allowed them to do changes.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I called customer service in order to try to return a new purchase. But it took me hours on the phone to finally understand that it's almost impossible to reach anyone that can help with anything. They kept on transferring me to different departments. Horrible c/s.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I have been a customer since 2008. This company has gone downhill all at once. It started 5 years ago. You absolutely cannot understand the advisor you’re speaking to and they do not understand the meaning of most English words. It’s clear when they are reading from a script that has nothing to do with your question. The automatic draft will come 2-5 days ahead of the listed payment date. And yes, this does stop your service even though the payment is not due. Customer service has no explanation of this and the script they use to explain it doesn’t make sense. (Not relevant)

You never know each month if you’re going to get the correct data speed. Even though I use my home WiFi and hardly use my cellular network it’s Struggle to get a decent speed and have 3 to 4 bars, updated phone. And yes, they have taken 2 payments out in 1 month. You have to call in to get the other payment refunded. They will argue but after they actually look, they will refund. They said can take 30 days. Lol And their app, what a joke! I stopped using the auto draft to stop the crazy billing issues with them taking payment 2-5 days ahead of the listed payment date. Then app with show purchase and then nothing happens, no spinning wheel nothing. If you hit purchase again, thinking it didn’t take, it will charge you as many times as you hit purchase. Or, the app will not work at all. I only use it now just to see when the service will stop working so I can make the payment manually. I’m definitely changing companies now there’s more prepaid options!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This company's billing/database management is a NIGHTMARE. After being a customer for a couple years, all of the sudden my automatic payment didn't work. I called over and over and spent hours on the phone. And then strange credit card charges started appearing on my account from Page Plus and Straight Talk and some other cellphone service. After nearly 30 hours on the phone with various supervisors, I was unable to resolve my problems and they continued to get worse.

I cancelled my credit card and disputed the charges, and yet my phone somehow charged and renewed service (probably somebody else's card). Then, when I tried to port my phone number over to Verizon, the request was lost. I called Pageplus to have them release my number, but Verizon has no record of it. This company is a SHAM 3rd world outfit with utterly incompetent technology. If you need a monthly burner phone, great. If you need reliable cell phone service or need to keep your phone number, do not trust this company!

Original review: June 30, 2021

I have had Page Plus for 2 years now! The main complaint I have is half of the time my internet never works when I really need it. I feel as if I’m paying for nothing due to the fact the only time my internet works is if I’m near a free WiFi site! That should not be the case. I never wish that I agree to this service. I literally have to just say your this company should go out of business!???

Original review: June 13, 2021

I am surprised about all the negative reviews on this site. People complaining about not getting signal while the coverage is provided by Verizon, Page Plus is just a MVNO. I have my Page Plus phone as a back up for my T Mobile phone, since TMO does not have the greatest rural coverage. Page Plus is the only place where you can get Verizon network and a PAYGO plan. After Verizon abandoned PAYGO plans I had the choice to drop my back up phone or find an alternative. Fortunately I found Page Plus. You only have to top up every 90 days with $ 10.- to keep the service. Perfect for me. And you have Verizon's rural coverage! Everything works great. Now the bad part and the reason I am giving 4 stars rather than five: Billing. Charges from nonexistent calls. Charges for phantom data transfers although data are off and Wi-Fi only. Still highly recommended for a low use phone in rural areas.

Page Plus Cellular Company Information