Page Plus Cellular

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I'm a PagePlus customer for last 12 years. Now quality of their service is deteriorating. Though we are on autopay, they have charged my credit card, and their system has been showing order history of payment, they without any prior notice just disabled my number. This is really inconvenient and disturbing as you can't call and use data for urgent need/GPS. This was happened twice, last month and this month. They said the same reason that they have an issue at their end. If this happens again it sounds like I need to switch to other provider after 12 years because this is happening repetitively and this is very problematic.

Reviewed May 19, 2024

I have now had to talk to the customer service person to get my minutes applied that I was charged for. My other issue is that the customer service persons are NOT native English speakers so I have trouble understanding them.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

After being a satisfied customer for over 10 years, I finally admitted it was time to part ways. Took me a while, because I really did have great service for years, in multiple states, on long bike tours across the country at a reliable and reasonable price. In the last 6 months, my auto-renew did not go through 4 times, leaving me with a dead phone at work and no way to call and figure it out until I got to another phone. 1 time, okay, a blip. 4 times is a pattern with the same excuse about computer glitch. In the last year, lots of delays in calls, dropped calls, texts that never arrive, and general unreliability.

When I tried to transfer my phone and phone number over to my new service, a nightmare began that took most of a Saturday to resolve. Page Plus and TracFone gave me a boomerang runaround, and my new carrier kept trying to help but they were getting it, too. Every Page Plus and TracFone person told me something different: "We can't unlock your phone/your phone isn't locked/your new carrier has blocked it/TracFone has to unlock it/Page Plus has to unlock it/we can't find you/system is down/give us 2 hours/call back in 30 min/go to the web page/it will cost you $150 because you don't have an account with us..." On and on. Persistence paid off, finally got TracFone to agree. I had been a Page Plus customer for years and unblocked my phone for free. But it took me 5 hours of my Saturday. Ridiculous scam. 1 star only because of the years of great service. Don't know what happened to the company, but it is a hollow shell of itself.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

BEWARE! My husband has Page Plus Cellular. It is set up for automatic payment via a credit card. In the past 9 months, they have turned off his phone 3 times without any warning! Each time I thought we had things straightened out. This last time when I was out of town, they turned it off again. I called to get the service turned on again. The agent said she couldn't turn it on without the 4 digit code. I didn't have that code with me. She said she couldn't help me... I explained my husband has medical issues... She said she couldn't help me... I asked to talk to a supervisor... She said she WAS a supervisor! Since when do supervisors actually answer calls? Thankfully I have a very kind neighbor who was able to help us out. But I hate what might have happened if she hadn't been there. Needless to say we are moving to a different carrier.

Reviewed April 13, 2024

They are knowingly falsifying their service guarantees, failing to fill services when paid, failing to renew, and then if you complain enough they will just turn off your service, or reject your call to customer service attempting to resolve the issue. This is a fraudulent operation operating within the US and I would recommend anyone who would consider joining them to steer clear. Issues I've had with them:

- They cannot auto-renew your account due to some error in their system and they will refuse to renew until your billing period is complete so if you run out of minutes you must pay for a complete month worth of service to continue.
      - Text messages simply not working for long periods of time.
      - International calls not working, multiple callbacks to have me turn on/off my phone which does nothing to fix the issue.
      - Double billing from their end (CHECK YOUR STATEMENT).
      - Customer service will not transfer you to managers because there are none.
      - They advertise unlimited data but they will 100% throttle your account and moreover not allow hotspot so you are stuck using your shitty service on the phone or nothing.

- The most aggravating which I'm dealing with right now.. If you complain enough, they will simply shut off your service even if paid.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

My service works so slow or nothing at all, and calls keep dropping, the people working there are not knowledgeable and have a broken English. The website kept saying error when I tried changing my account info, overall bad experience, I would not recommend this company.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2024

Apparently this company purchases its headphones/microphones from Goodwill Industries as is evident in the fact that the person is unintelligible. Simple as that. Ironic, eh? For a communication company....I give up on Page Plus. Originally they were great; now their charges are inaccurate. I am heeding the advice of previous reviewers (shocking to see the 97% negative total) and going elsewhere.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

Have been with PP for over 10 years, even got my family on it. Then, problems started as soon as they got bought up by Tracfone. Like other reviewers have noted, pay for service, don't get any of it. My husband needs his phone for work, but he never has minutes, no text, no internet, even after refilling the day before. Atrocious customer service, no one speaks English, no more chat available, no available personnel to even answer the phone. Finally switched to Mint, so happy I did, though getting the number ported was a bit of a project...and I was totally fine with switching my phone number. Walk away now, avoid the headache, and get what you actually pay for.

Reviewed March 8, 2023

I don't think I can use Page Plus any longer. We paid for a $25 plan and they stole most of the money. The $25 plan is supposed to give me 416 minutes for 4 months. After 2 months of usage, during which I placed 76 minutes worth of phone calls, sent 3 texts, and used a negligible amount of data (31 MB), they said I had no money left and basically cut my service. I used 31.642 MB of data ($0.05 per MB) 76 minutes of phone calls ($0.06 / minute) and 3 SMS texts ($0.05 each). Do the math and you can see that I was robbed. Should be $1.58 for data, $4.56 for calls and $0.15 for texts. Should total $6.29. How come there is only $0.80 left on my phone? Where is the rest of the $25? PagePlus representatives don't seem to know. They were unwilling to help me at all and wouldn't offer any refunds.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2023

Dealing with Page Plus, in regards to transferring my number to a new provider was a nightmare! Customer service kept transferring me to their "Customer Service Portal Department ", which had a auto message stating there was not enough customer service representatives to answer the call. Needless to say, I am still waiting for them to release my phone number!

Page Plus Cellular Company Information