Holland, OH

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.43/5

Page Plus Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Using Page Plus Cellular as a prepaid carrier was a good choice for a long while. I like the service and I was able to use the service in a rural area where it was very difficult to get phone service let alone internet. As technology advanced I needed a service that would provide me with a hot spot so I could be able to use my printer, laptop and and having visitors and family members to my house, I needed hot spot for their use. That is where I had to draw the line and abandon Page plus cellular because they do not offer hot spot via the cellphone.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I started using Page Plus years before anyone ever heard of them. I have had consistent good service. The price is still a great value, although other companies are getting more competitive. I would love to see them offer a great deal on 1 year prepaid.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

When I first joined in 2011, I paid $40 on a prepaid plan, and it usually lasted me about 3 months. At the time, I did not use text or data. In 2013 I bought a MoJo from Motorola for $25. I switched to the $30/month plan so I could use text and data. So for 6 years I used a $25 phone and have never had a problem. Being on the Verizon network, my phone works practically everywhere. I only use data when I travel, so I have never had extra charges. My MoJo just died, so I just purchased an IPhone 6 for $150.

When I look at other companies and see people paying $300-$700 for older iPhones, I think I got a really good deal. Time will tell. I have noticed a drop in the quality of customer service since Trac Phone bought the company. The agents are definitely in other countries, and sometimes they have trouble understanding what I am saying. If you use your phone mostly as a phone, and not as a computer, then, in my experience, Page Plus is still a good option.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Have been trying 7 days for them to transfer phone # to another carrier. In the meantime they charged my credit card 3 days early. New Carrier ** has been told 3 times that the phone # was released and it has not.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

April 2020 during covid-19 pandemic Page Plus Cellular disconnects cell service after 20 years. I'm a disabled senior. My plan $80.00 yearly for 2000 minutes. Dec 2019 added minutes. Page Plus non customer service informed me that I needed to pay more money for my service to be reactivated. Page Plus also has compromised my online account, can no longer log into account. I have screen shots of my account and payments therefore if Page Plus thought not giving me access to my account I have all the proof I need. We need to file a class action suit against Page Plus.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I contacted Pager Plus via phone, as instructed by the previous representative via phone, to ask for a refund on an activation since it appears it was billed twice. Since they were too busy to handle incoming calls, someone by the name of "Angelina" (I wish I knew her real name) insisted that I contacted the wrong company and that a refund would not be provided. We're talking about a refund of $12 by the way after I just spent $75 upgrading to the higher plan. After debating over the justification behind my request for a refund, "Angelina" decided that my phone magically was no longer compatible with the SIM card and decided on her own will to refund my second purchase of $75 but keep the first purchase of $12 (which I obviously don't have).

So now after spending close to four hours of my Sunday trying to activate my new Pager Plus phone, I am without a phone and with a huge, huge, huge thirst for immediate retaliation against Pager Plus and this "Angelina" woman. Their real problem is I have plenty of money, lots of time on my hands and am bored to death. They have now given me something to pursue, as pathetic as that sounds.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I have been using Page Plus for months without issue. Today, I received a warning that I was out of talk minutes. I get 500 a month and have never used them all. I've used maybe 100 this cycle. When I contacted customer service they are telling me all the minutes are used, which is incorrect. They won't help me and so I have no way to send or receive phone calls for another week because of their system error and no acknowledgement of fault.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Updated on 08/10/2020: I originally reviewed this company on July 14, 2020. Things have only gotten worse. After 2 weeks of unsuccessfully trying to get a phone to work, we were instructed to send it back for a refund. Within a couple of days we shipped it back to their warehouse. According to their paperwork we had 20 "business days" to return the defective phone. They received the return on the 17th business day. Now they are saying we kept it too long and denied a refund.

This phone never worked, I was told by customer service that I had to get a replacement sim card. The one included from their own company was not correct. The replacement card was ordered but has never to this date been received. This was probably just a scam to try to run out the return clock. My wife & I think the phone was bad and had been previously sent back and was probably defective from the start. After talking to about 10 reps, the customer service department in the Philippines was a horrible waste of time.

The company has declined a refund, so we are out the cost of the defective phone, the prepaid use fee, a replacement sim card, and return shipping to their warehouse. Although we are disputing the purchase with our credit card company, we will not get the fee for the prepaid fee, the sim card or the return shipping. We strongly advise anyone looking to this company for service to forget it. They just seem like crooks.

Original Review: We bought a new Samsung phone from pagepluscellular.com. It arrived in a few days but we could not get it to work. My wife spent a couple of hours with tech support and gave up. Then I called tech support and was told I had to separately order a sim card with the phone, even though it came from them with one. After almost 2 weeks and 2 more calls to customer service it still has not arrived. (I cannot return a sim card I've never received.) On my second call they informed me the original card should work. However we still have not been able to get the phone to make or receive a call.

Today I spent almost an hour on the office phone calling to cancel and return the phone. I spent another hour with customer support. The phone doesn't work and we have used all the minutes of the original purchase (while not making or receiving any phone calls or texts). The phone call today would frequently get staticky and rep would sound like a Cylon Robot from Battlestar Gallactica. It just erodes even more on the confidence of Page Plus Cellular being able to deliver any service I don't know how much time we wasted going over all the same info to identify ourselves to the reps and trying things that didn't work. Not to mention waiting for a undelivered sim card that apparently we didn't even need.

The rep finally said to send the phone back and cancelled the service. It was rather interesting that when I asked for a RMA number I was told just to put it in a box and mail it without any noting or identification of who or where it came from. At this point if we get any refund, it will be less 20% for restocking, nothing for unused service, and nothing for the additional sim card. And my Wife is off considering using a hammer on the phone rather than wait for any refund.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Have 2 lines, separate phones with Page Plus. In 2 years of calling to turn texts off to both phones, they would not do it. They will SAY they will turn text off, but all the spam offers keep coming. Called FIVES TIMES to shut texts off. Each time you call they will tell you they have a hard time hearing you. Over 3 hours of calls to Page Plus complaining, they turned off the second phone's service! Absolutely HORRIBLE to deal with!! I'd rather pay more per month for proper service, and have a Customer Service/Support that is responsive. Went up to a tier 3 supervisor that STILL could not understand the problem. Customer Service in New Delhi or Pakistan does not work well for customers. I would encourage anyone looking to try Page Plus service to look elsewhere. Happily take your money- YES. Provide good service- DEFINITELY NO!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I've used their "free" service for a couple of years. It's not really free as they tack on various fees if you want things like voicemail, etc. However, for me that only adds up to about $7 a month. However, they regularly change my plan or tack on charges, then you have to waste a lot of time getting the charges reversed. I use very little phone time and 100-200 MB a month of data, so it works well for me. The biggest issues that I have is that calls frequently don't go through. The VOIP software that they use isn't very good, compared to something like Skype, so calls frequently break up. I can call my party using Skype over their Internet feed and get much better call quality.

For the past month my voicemail hasn't been working. People leave messages & I get notified that I have voicemail, but the messages are blank. I submitted a support ticket and later got a message from them telling me that the ticket was closed and how did they do. My response was that, "You did nothing and that the problem still exists." If you sign up, realize that you're getting what you pay for, which isn't much.

Page Plus Cellular Company Information