1.41/5
Based on 204 reviews that contain star ratings

Holland, OH

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

212 Page Plus Cellular Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I set up a monthly auto renewal plan for cell phone service with Page Plus. I originally set it up to expire/renew on a certain day of every month. Page Plus arbitrarily or errantly changed that date. On my account on their website there is an option to get records of past payments and past applications of those purchased pins. There are no records available under those options. The options are there, but they do not work and have not worked for some time.

When I contacted them they refused to help. In fact, they seemed to not be able to understand how their own system works. You can set up to PAY on one day, stack the "pin," and then have applied automatically before expiration of the account. In other words, you can set up to pay before the due date in order to prevent an error. At this very moment, they charge me on the one day and apply the renewal several days later (the 2nd date being the wrong date). The customer chat agent flat out refused to fix the date back to my original date. I asked for a supervisor.

To make a long story short: the supervisor repeatedly insisted that it is not possible to have a payment date different from the actual date of application of the pin. Only I have had it set up that way for some time, and it is set up that way at the moment of this writing! The distinct feeling I got from the supervisor is that she had hardened into a place of resisting me to the point where she literally could not even understand my concern. She got ruder and ruder and eventually just disconnected me, having never even shown that she understood what I was saying. She just said it was impossible, completely ignoring that I was experiencing what she says was impossible at the very time we were talking!

Page Plus is dirt cheap. That is why we went with them. That is all you get though. Be prepared for really bad customer service and not-so-competent customer service workers. I have actually received very poor customer service from them in the past and they have on several occasions made errors on my account and it was very difficult to get them to understand. I am only taking the time to detail this one event. I am very disappointed and frustrated with Page Plus Cellular. The mistakes are one thing, the stubborn unwillingness to see and understand what a customer is actually experiencing from them is quite another. I cannot recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Paid $43 for one month's unlimited service on 12/6/18. My bill summary now states my service will end on 12/26/18. So now, exactly how many days of service have I actually been paying for? 20 days? Time to pay a visit to my local service provider for an explanation. Seems I may have been shortchanged. On second thought, I have been shortchanged! Question is, for how long?

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had been a customer for 10 years. They disconnected my service before the payment was due and they have drafted my bank account every month for ten years. They gave me some BS that the payment is in suspense. I will go somewhere else and if I was YOU... I WOULD GO FOR CELL SERVICE SOMEWHERE ELSE AS WELL. I gave them one star since there is no provision for zero stars.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This company no longer provides reasonable customer service. Before the TracFone takeover, customer service was fantastic (when they were based out of Ohio). Now, they really provide no customer service at all. When money is incorrectly applied to the account or services are not being properly provided, their customer service agents in the Philippines simply read standard messages off of their computer screens. They never actually help you solve a problem. They never refund money even when their system is at fault. I guess this is the way TracFone companies work. They assume most people will just get frustrated and give up. Let me assure you, that even if you are persistent, they will still not offer a satisfactory answer/solution to the problem. This company is just awful now. Page Plus was once the best prepaid carrier. Now I can tell you it is one of the worst (at least in terms of customer service).

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I cancelled autopay online for my mother to close her account. They charged her account the next month. When I called to ask why, they said there is a glitch online and it doesn't always cancel autopay. Yet online, it shows as canceled, so from our view it was completed. Page Plus REFUSED to reimburse despite her phone not used at all that month. I will cancel her debit card so they cannot further fraudulently charge her account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I keep getting emails from PP telling me that my service has been disconnected but I still have time to refill. Which is untrue as my acct is active and each time I get these emails I am fresh from a refill just a few days before. This is not good giving customers false info. I report this to PP and they just say it's a glitch on their end and disregard. Concerns me in that I may wake up someday and not have any service because of a glitch on their software. I tried their auto monthly refills and it worked a few months but then one month they didn't charge me the fee and of course my service did go down. Not sure if I'm staying with these people. I like the Verizon NW but may have to switch directly with them even if it cost more. PP has become a little too flaky for my taste.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I chose Page Plus basically because the price of the plan is cheap. I knew the service couldn't be as good as big companies like Verizon, but I didn't think it was so bad. A 10-dollar international calling credit should be included in my plan, and it worked well in the beginning month. In the next billing cycle, it stopped working. I online chatted with a representative and she said she added the credit to my plan. I expected the credit would be "added" to my plan automatically. A couple of days ago, my data stopped working. I chatted with their representative again, and she told me to turn the phone off, take the sim card out, put the sim card back, and turn the phone on. When I found a pin and completed the process, I found she ended the chat because she waited more than one minute. Are you kidding me? One minute? Oh you are so great!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Honestly this is the only cell service I have ever used. Why? Because it's cheap & it's super good signal everywhere I go. I'm a semi truck driver so signal strength is very important to me. The other reason why I love Page Plus is because I am in full control of setting up my phone and paying for whatever service I want. I don't have to talk to anyone to set my phone up. I go online & I can set it to auto pay every month. It is tricky the first time you set up your phone so you may want to call customer service. I had to call customer service my first few times, but once you know how it works then it's great! It must be any Verizon Phone. That part is very important. I'm sticking with Page Plus for sure!

Once your phone is working you have to add it to your online account through your online account & then you will be able to manage it all by yourself. I definitely recommend them but only for people that know where how to find an MEID # on their phone & who knows how things work. If that's you then perfect. Don't give up. You'll figure it out & you'll be happy you did. I am a real customer since 2011 & it's almost 2019. It's been great & I'm going to keep Page Plus as my cell phone provider.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We were billed twice in August of 2018 for cell phone service through Page Plus Cellular. I disputed one and only ONE of the two charges. So a few weeks later, the PP cell phone service was suspended because of a billing dispute. I called PP and they said that they only "see" one charge (the one that was disputed) and they don't see the second charge. They said they wanted a copy of the credit card bill, the IMEI #, a written statement, and the cell phone number in question and they would resolve the problem in 24-48 hours. I told them, I need a cell phone right now and recommended that I just give them a credit card number and reactivate the phone immediately - they said they couldn't do this. So I submitted all the information they asked for and 3 days later, no resolution and no cell phone service.

At this point, I said, enough is enough. I am currently trying to port my number over to Verizon Wireless as a result of this and Page Plus is not being cooperative with Verizon Wireless. The only reason I'm still even dealing with Page Plus and not telling them to piss off and just disputing BOTH cc charges with Visa is that I need my cell phone number to be ported over. I'm currently on a conference call between me, Verizon Wireless, and Page Plus trying to get the number ported over. Page Plus is saying that they can't port the number because there is a chargeback from the credit card and now the account is suspended. I told them that I have emailed them (3 DAYS AGO!) a copy of my credit card statement showing the double charge and that the suspension is not justified.

VZ wireless and I are being bounced around to different departments, being put repeatedly on hold, and no matter how this works out in the end, I couldn't be more unhappy with the customer service I'm getting at Page Plus. An absolute nightmare. Also, in the last few years with Page Plus, the service has shut down for no reason at all. I suspect that PP has a system that is held together with duct tape and repaired with band-aids. Customer service at Page Plus is perhaps the worst I ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I bought 2 new phones from Page Plus Cellular and neither of them worked. I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get them to work and they never could figure it out. I escalated with managers as high as I could and the final answer was that I would have to pay return shipping to get a refund on the faulty phones that they sent me. At this point I am waiting for a call back from their corporate office because I am irate about the whole situation. They told me it would take 24-48 hours for them to call me back. AT this point I'm highly doubtful that they will. This whole experience has been a huge waste of time and money.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I ordered a phone and 2 sim cards. I paid $126. I activate it and it was not working. I called customer service and they told me, "We are going to fix it and get back to you." Never got back to me and I called again. It did not help. At the end I paid money for nothing. It was not working.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've had no real issues with Page Plus Cellular. I've used them personally for over five years now! Still using my iPhone4. ;-) I just recently added an iPhone SE with a second account. Also recommended them to two friends (another iPhone SE and an iPhone 5). Everyone is liking the service. My iPhone SE had a ported in number, Page Plus Cellular was patient and helped immensely in getting that number ported (The old carrier was awful! They kept denying the transfer for multitudes of reasons), finally and multiple times Page Plus Cellular support had to call the other carrier while I was on hold to get the issues resolved. GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Great, no nonsense, no contract Verizon network service provider.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The Page Plus store in Toledo OH, located on Sylvania Ave is the best cellular dealer that I have ever been to. The owner is extremely helpful and friendly. He always has a smile on his face and is courteous. I recommend going there whether you're shopping for a phone or needing to reup your monthly plans.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Yesterday I had over $10 on my prepaid account. I made 4 SHORT calls, no text or data and now it's all gone. When I call Customer Service they say I used it all. My phone usage stats confirm I only used a couple minutes. This is the 2nd phone with this result. I thought the other one might be a phone problem so got a new phone and new carrier. Will now do the same for this phone.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I called in with a request to deactivate one Page Plus phone number in order to transfer another Page Plus number to that deactivated phone (I had a total of 3 Page Plus phone numbers). I spent 3 1/2 hours during the morning and 3 hrs during the evening with their "customer service" or "technical support (I'm not sure how they refer to themselves). I spoke to a total of 6 people trying to resolve the problem with my phone. Each person had me to turn the phone on and off, take out the sim card, give them my phone's MEID #.

I called on another day and spent an hour on the phone when I was told that at some point one of the people who supposedly had assisted me gave me wrong instructions which caused the problem; therefore, if I were to get another sim card that would probably resolve the issue that I was experiencing with the phone. It is my responsibility to go out and purchase another sim card after one of their representatives really caused the problem with the phone.

My phone was working perfectly until I called in concerning the transfer of phones and numbers. In essence, I haven't any problem with the actual phone service; however, the customer service and technical support is a matter to consider before becoming a Page Plus customer. I literally dread calling for assistance because I have never received any resolution since I have been a customer. It is just frustrating to spend that much time on the phone; especially, and to have no resolution.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Page Plus cost $80 per year for 2000 minutes talk time. Great. This does cover one year for me. Since it uses Verizon the quality is great.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Customer service is not the greatest. Page Plus outsource their customer service and representatives are sometimes hard to understand. I had trouble with the website trying to change my plan and calling customer service they could not help.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Transferred minutes from a Page Plus 3g phone to a Page Plus 4g phone for my son. Tried to do this on the Page Plus website, but they didn't allow you to transfer a number from a Page Plus phone to another Page Plus phone. You can only use the website to transfer a number from a different carrier to Page Plus. Had to sign up for a monthly plan with 4g so I told them I wanted the $12 plan. They signed me up for the $29.95 plan instead. Talked to 4 different reps, two of them confirmed it was a system error on their end.

I finally got through to a manager, but he denied it was their fault and would not send me any proof to verify that I signed up for the higher plan. He would not bounce me down to the lower plan, even though it was within the first month of service and my son hadn't exceeded the usage limits of the $12 plan. I received no confirmation about what plan was selected and only found out about their mistake when my son got a text saying his service was about to expire. Because of their error, my son lost 1 1/2 months of service. Needless to say, I'll be switching to another carrier when the rest of his minutes expire in 2 months. Lucky for me, his new 4g phone is unlocked so I'm not stuck using these crooks as his service provider. I would not recommend Page Plus to my worst enemy. There are better options.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I was charged twice so contested one charge and got my money back from my credit card. Tried to resolve this and they said no problem. Suddenly months later they suspend my phone saying I now need to pay them for two months to get it back. Mind you I owned them absolutely nothing. I spend over six hours being transferred. Now I have to pay cash and never a credit card again to get my number ported. So a number I have had for many, many years they suspended and will not let me port. Unreal.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

They charged my credit card 4 times, and getting a person who understands English, is like pulling teeth when dealing with customer service. They hung up on me 5 times. I call back and they tell me my current plan, over and over and over, never letting me talk. They are like robots. I had to get them to repeat back to me 3 times, before they understood, my issue. My issue is simple. I was charged 4 times for one month's service. I had to file a bank dispute to get it resolved. Today, I get a text from PPTFW, saying my phone service will be disconnected if I don't call them to clear the dispute.

So again, I am in call 5 times and the third time they tell me my passcode is wrong. I explained my passcode has always been the same, and, explain I haven't changed it. I am asked to give a new passcode, so I give them my old passcode, to be able to move forward. He says he needs to transfer me, and once again I am disconnected so I call back a 5th time, today, and tell the person my story again. She says she will transfer me, and I say "NOOOOOO. You are not going to transfer me. You are going to call the other department and resolve this." So, 3 hours later she tells me it is resolved. I tell her I don't have confidence, and she assures me, it is resolved.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I agree with many other reviews. This company was great for many years and has very recently (2017) turned over everything they've learned. Customer service went from angel to devil and management is geared on making money. This is a bad sign. The latest tactic seems to be charging for calls and data that are never made to eat up any $$ that is on the pay as you go system. I will be looking for another service after 3 years. You've been WARNED - DON'T do Page Plus. Anything good you've heard was pre-2017.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I called to make a payment over the phone on Saturday evening due to the store being closed early. I had four different people take my credit card information over the phone and "reprocess" my payment three times. Richelle claimed the first time my payment was processed, it was "rejected" due to incorrect billing information listed on my bank account??? My bank account (info) has absolutely NOTHING to do with my PagePlus account! Therefore if the payment were "rejected" then my money would still be in my account.

Unfortunately, it is not, there is a charge on my statement from PP (with no confirmation/order # emailed as stated so the transaction cannot be acknowledged on their end) and my cell phone is still off! I have been lied to (promised the money would be "back" in my account within minutes/hours), given the runaround and apparently there aren't any supervisors that work at the call center either! Finally today I am being told Page Plus won't give me my money back for a service I paid for that I didn't receive.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I've been with Page Plus for a few years now since leaving Verizon. My boyfriend and one of our friends ported over around the same time, as well. For a long time, everything was great. Customer support was excellent! Coverage was pretty good. I was very happy with the money I was saving on our cell bill over what we'd been paying Verizon. After they got Verizon's 4G LTE network, they kept the pricing on their plans the same. It definitely was a 10/10.

Then Tracfone bought out Page Plus and everything started to turn to crap. I will note that my friend has not experienced any of the following, but she also hasn't had to contact customer service for anything. She's also in an area with a lot more Verizon towers. My boyfriend and I started having some coverage issues that we didn't have before. Dropped calls or a message that we were roaming. If someone would call, they'd get a message that we weren't available. I would have thought that this would send the caller to voicemail, but apparently not. I attempted to contact support several times over this issue, but never got a reply.

A co-worker/friend of mine is on Straight Talk (also owned by Tracfone) with Verizon and has the same coverage issue at our work. I think his voicemail at least prompts, though, and people don't just get an error message. My bf started having trouble with his data being sporadic and he still has this issue sometimes. I also experienced a problem near the beginning of September where I had no data, except for MMS. My 4G had worked pretty well prior to this. As with the coverage issue, customer service was non-existent.

On November 9th, we were without service for almost 24 hours. I had attempted again to get ahold of support through the Page Plus website, but nothing. I could not even call customer service because it would just give me a Verizon error message and hang up on me. I was furious. We later found out that this was caused by some trouble with one of the Page Plus wholesalers which ended up affecting some resellers. I only know this because of an email from Calling Mart, which is where we buy our monthly pins. Page Plus still has yet to reply to the ticket I submitted on their site and they offered no explanation for what happened. Calling Mart gave me a free month (but not my bf, who also had no service), which is about the only reason that I'm even still with Page Plus.

Surprisingly, there was one good thing to come from the service outage. Once it was restored, my data started working again! And it works better than it was. My coverage also seems to be a little better. I did have luck last week with the live chat. My bf bought a new phone, which required a different SIM card size. The chat actually worked and they were able to quickly answer my question. The next day after the phone arrived, I contacted them again to do the transfer to the new phone and SIM and had no problems. I'd like to think that this a sign of a turnaround for them. We will see. This is the only reason why I am giving them two stars instead of just one. If we experience any further issues with them, then we are gone.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

After cancelling my account with Page Plus I was charged for that month and I have not received a refund. I was told wait up to 5 business days. I'm still waiting. That was almost 2 months ago. I would not recommend PagePlus to anyone. Customer service is nonexistent, very poor quality. I went with Verizon Prepaid. Cheaper service and reliable. So I guess I'll going to have to kiss $47.65 goodbye. What a rip!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Today,10/23/2017 Page Plus Cellular hacked into my Visa Credit card & made a charge of $420.11. Bank of America denied that charge & notified me, That card has now been discontinued. I have never connected with Page Plus but had recently viewed another carrier & Cricket phone company websites. This felonious activity was notified to me by an Email & a subsequent phone call from Bank of America.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have went with this company a little over a year and it has been the worst experience ever. Last month my service worked great, didn't have to pay a bill after I told them I was leaving. This month I paid my bill and the service immediately messed up. What's worse than the service is the customer service. The representatives do not know what they are talking about. They transfer you to the upper level and then you hear a click. I will never recommend this service to anyone. October 2017 will be my last month as a customer. Yes it's great that they are on a great network but what's the use if you can never experience it. Page Plus and its customer service representatives are worth less than one star.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I purchased a SIM card and service plan from Page Plus website on 9/8/17. After my port of my number was unsuccessful online, I called customer service for assistance. I was told my number ported successfully. The next day no working service and I discovered Page Plus had billed my credit card twice for the same PIN! I called customer service again on 9/9/17. I was told a refund was being processed, I would receive my refund in 3-5 business days, and helped with reactivating my service. After hanging up, I discovered phone service worked but not text messaging. For the next few days I was transferred to numerous representatives after the first one who answered my call was no help.

No one could answer why my texting would not work and I had to perform same steps over and over (turn phone off, then on, delete old text, remove and replace SIM). Day 4, I was told it was my phone that was defective and to try my SIM in a new phone. I placed my SIM into a new phone, no surprise to me, same issue. Therefore, I have concluded that I was sold a defective SIM by Page Plus and their solution was for me to purchase another SIM. Today is 9/16/17 and my text messaging does not work and I still don't have my refund for double billing me for my PIN. Customer service was no help at all, I received no apologies for any of this, and they want me to spend more money? I will never deal with Page Plus again. I was truly ripped off!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Page Plus has absolutely NO INTEREST in identifying employees who give "fake" advice. I was on a recent trip, traveling by train across country. At one point in New Mexico, while dialing home, a recording came on then quickly transferred me to a Page Plus operator, asking me why I called. I explained that the call had been transferred. She went on to tell me my Page Plus service was not good outside my "service area"! I was on my first day of a long family vacation... needed that phone.

The short story is, when I got to Chicago, with the short layover I had, I went to the nearest Target to get a cheap phone to get me through my trip. With great difficulty, I purchased a ATT phone but it would not activate until the FOURTH attempt. I should have just left because as a result of the multiple attempts to activate, I missed my connecting train (in the station but would not let me and my young son board because of some rule cutting off boarding time... ONE MINUTE!).

Consequently, I had to arrange a flight out, sleeping in an airport chair, spending in excess of $400, to catch up with our train in Washington D.C. I was particularly upset when on my way running back to the train station, my cell phone rang. I established that the phone worked, and CONTINUED TO WORK THROUGHOUT my trip to Florida. I was given bogus information by the Page Plus Rep.

I tried three times to get through to a Customer Service Supervisor when I finally called Page Plus. They acted like I was speaking a foreign language, never understanding the word "supervisor". I would like to share with those considering using Page Plus... DON'T! If you are interested on ANY honest customer service, do NOT expect it with this company. The representatives are not knowledgeable and will, in fact, mislead you. This experience cost me hundreds of dollars and a near heart attack running through the streets of Chicago trying to catch a train, and ultimately sleeping in a chair in an airport... not to mention buying a phone and service minutes I did not need.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Page Plus is full of CRAP! I have a $55 unlimited plan and for some odd reason my phone calls was being dropped which wasn't normal in my area. I called them and the lady was saying that the towers was down in Alabama and Georgia but was being worked on and will be up the next day about 3:30. Ok the next day the same problem I waited a few more days and the same problem so I called them again. They was telling me to take the SMS card and battery out for about a minute, I did that still nothing. I told her I will just call back in a few days so I called the boost mobile store where I purchased the phone. He said they have been getting lots of complaints about the Page Plus service. So I ignored it and said ok maybe they will get it right so it's done.

Been 2 weeks and I'm getting a bill due in 3 days alerts so I called Page Plus again and I explained my problem and the guy was nice and said "I will just extend your service for 2 more weeks" I said "ok cool". So a few days later I'm trying to make a call and it's going straight to the Page Plus customer service center. I explain to them my problem and that's the guy said he was going to extend my bill and now it's off. He telling me he doesn't see in the notes to where anyone told me about extending my service because of the 3+ weeks of problems. So now I'm mad because I'm sure I'm not the only customer in GA that had that issue. I told him if I pay y'all $55 a month for unlimited service then I want my unlimited which is 4 weeks of unlimited service not 1 week. BAD! BUSINESS AND CUSTOMER service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I paid my bill over the phone. They double charged me. I called to have it refunded was told, 3-5 days. No "I'm sorry." Acted like it was my fault. Wait 3 days. Need money to feed my 7 kids. That was my food money. Called, no refund was processed. Talk to someone else another 3-5 days. Not acceptable. Supervisor please. 45 min later finally answers. Neither placed a refund on my account. 3-5 more days possibly up to 30. Doesn't care. Is rude, barely understand him. We have had 2 accounts for over a year. His never has internet even right after we pay 80 for 10 GB. Call they never fix it. Would rather not have a phone than deal with this.

Page Plus Cellular Company Information