Page Plus Cellular

Holland, OH

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Yesterday I received a message from Page Plus that stated my payment did not go through. Last month the same thing happened to me and I spent well over 10 minutes on the phone setting up a recurring payment. Yesterday I received an email stating that my payment did not go through. I called and was told that the information on card was incorrect even though their customer service rep entered that information. So I entered the information through an automated process on my phone. At the end of the entry it stated that there was a problem with process. So, I repeated the process again. Today I looked up my bank account online and there were two payments withdrawn from my bank account. The second payment created an overdraft.

I was on the phone again with Page Plus today for over 15 minutes and was given help setting up a reoccurring payment. During the process I was assured that this would not process another payment. Later today I looked at my bank account online and it did take another payment resulting in another overdraft from my bank. Page Plus did say they will be reimbursing my account and it will take 4-6 days to process. I did ask for credit to my account for the $60 overdraft fees and was told more than once as I ask to speak with a retention specialist or a manager that they could not help me and it was my bank's responsibility to credit it back. I expressed that my bank may not reimburse me for these charges and that it was not my or my bank's fault for pulling out this money.

I had been a customer for several years and had no issues with the automatic payment set up. Suddenly they started turning off all four of our phones each month saying they hadn't received payment. After about 3 hours of time on the phone with service reps who always denied they had received payment, though the bank said otherwise, they would turn phones back on with another charge and eventually refund the double payment. That was annoying and stress inducing enough. Then last month they charged a payment to the wrong phone that wasn't due for a couple weeks and turned mine off. Again the bank said payment went through and they denied receiving it. I do business on my phone and one call could pay the whole bill easily. So I again turned it back on with an extra payment. This time they wouldn't refund the extra payment. I turned it over to my bank. Even they have not found satisfaction.

I cancelled my account with Page Plus. They aren't that competitive anymore anyway. And who needs the aggravation. Terrible customer service. And dishonest as well. The first question asked when you call is if you want service in English. Problem is the reps don't speak or understand English enough to really give you service. Half of every call is clarifying what is said or heard. It's not the reps' fault. But the company needs to hire people who speak and hear well enough in English to do the job.

Signed up with the 12 plan auto-renewal to save two dollars a month. Supposed to get 10 MB of data along with 250 minutes talk/text. No data was given with the auto-renewal for two months. Two different customer service personnel gave me two different excuses for why I got ripped off for 20 mb of data. I am done with this pathetic company.

I am very angry at the runaround I have been given by their staff this morning. I have wasted 2.5 hrs, become super stressed, trying to get a problem fixed when their system suddenly "deactivated my phone". I am paid up until June 23, --19 days from now. I spoke to 4 of their people, each one telling me that it was a "system error" and now I would have to change my phone number or wait 24-48 hrs to get it escalated and fixed if I wished to keep my number. I told each of the people that was NOT acceptable.

My phone number is on my biz cards, website and with many clients and I couldn't get it changed without costing me a lot more time and money, nor did I want to especially since it was their FAULT THERE IS PROBLEM IN THE 1ST PLACE! Each person told me to wait and get it fixed by the next person and that they would pass on the information I just gave them. Totally a lie!!! Each person I had to go over and over what I said to the previous one, each one taking more time to "check" my account.

When I finally got this last person, I argued and argued with him as to why I needed my phone number NOW and the phone to work! All he did is keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Finally we agreed that he would give me a new "temporary phone number" and would have my old number reactivated in 24-48 hrs. THE ticket IS **. I wanted this handled right away, not wait for 2-3 days. I am very angry and upset at the incompetence of their company and staff.

I tried to port my # to Page Plus from another carrier. The customer service person told me that I had to have a new phone because the one I had was active with another carrier (meaning I had to buy a new phone in order to port my number, obviously not happening). They said it would not work to port the # even though my phone was compatible with Page Plus service. I wanted a way around this (as well as to speak to someone that I could understand and could understand me, very thick accent and not fluent in English) so I asked to speak to a manager. She gladly transferred me at which point the phone cut itself off. I called back and the same thing happened again. Of the four or five times I called PagePlus, I never was able to find someone who was fluent in English, and I was never able to speak to a manager.

They said there is no number to call someone in the US and they cannot transfer you to the US to speak to someone who knows English. One woman did not even understand the word "port" as in "to port a number." I was baffled. I returned the plan I purchased and will not be using this company again, since I know if I experience any issues with the service, I wouldn't be able to contact anyone who was fluent in English, or even competent at their jobs (according to my experiences at least.) I have dealt with several other companies that did no-contract with comparable pricing and plans to Page Plus and haven't experienced what I experienced here.

Updated: When I called and threatened to leave a bad review, I was miraculously transferred to "management" also hard to understand, thick accent. The only option she gave me was that if I wanted to port my number over the same device I am using now, I have to buy a new phone that is compatible, port the number to the new phone, at which time my present phone will become inactive with its current carrier. Only then, can I transfer the number to my current device at which point I would have to return the other phone. Seems like a lot of work for a service that other phone companies have done easily with no problems (porting the number from one service to the next yet keeping it on the same device). The only thing I had to do with other phone companies was to switch out the SIM card and other than that everything went smoothly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Purchased two smart phones. One at local dealer iPhone4 and one at Page Plus Cellular website HTC. Problem with first phone - phone pass codes, data, accounts were NOT DELETED by previous holder of ** phone number. THIS NUMBER THAT CAME WITH PHONE WAS A NUMBER ALREADY IN USE BY A ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL. Sold to ME in this condition. Could NOT be activated. Still not activated and out of my money of phone cost. Contacted customer service said, Page Plus Cellular not responsible for dealer mistakes. Dealer went out of business same week.

Problem with 2nd phone - purchased phone online at Page Plus Cellular. Received phone and called customer service to activate said - remove cover, battery and sim card. Problem - sim card was already installed in phone!! Directions on sim card container stated to be installed at time of activation. Required several seconds to remove BECAUSE one corner was already broken off. Activation cancelled. Support ticket to request replacement sim card at N/C. Said I will have to purchase brand NEW phone with warranty. Factory at fault as they installed Sim Card. Phoned customer service 3 x's NO HELP. Language problem. Frustrated with this company - Page Plus Cellular. TWO PHONES and no activations!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Talk to three different representatives. One told me account was due on May 14th. May 13th phone off. Called a manager. Said account was due on 11th. She hung up on me. Called back. Second representative apologized for the wrong information. Offered me an extension. Phone did not get turned back on. Called back. Third representative apologized for wrong due date and said they don't do extensions. This was not an professional experience. Will not continue with their service.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BELOW COMPANY: I am posting a recommendation that you stay as far away as possible from this company. They are a Verizon reseller with a prepaid and theoretically less expensive, easier service. They are a disaster. Customer service is a pitiful excuse for service and in violation of laws regarding portability of lines, they hold you phone number hostage if you want to leave the service. STAY AWAY.

Horrible Customer Service - Stay Away! A year ago my job required me to change pager service. I notified, in writing, Page Plus. A year later they have sent me to collections. They claim that they never received my letter. Moreover, they made no allowance whatsoever for the many on-time payments - having never been late with a payment to the company. It is disgusting that a company would treat people this way. It appears from the many other reviews that I am not the only customer to receive this level of treatment. Again, please consider very carefully before you give these people your business. I know there are not many options out there for pager service - this one will be the least favorable.

I began purchasing a SIM card for a friend that would fit their new phone. I DO NOT have an acct with Page Plus. I use Straight Talk (this review can go towards theirs as well!). I was checking out and wanted to see the difference in prices for standard and expedited shipping. I choose Expedited and when I got to the last stage, where every other website I've purchased anything should and will have pricing with shipping included, expecting to see a grand total of charges to review before completing the order; I was left with only one option going forward. That option was to finalize order. Granted, I'm still looking for the shipping price and grand total of my order to verify. I DO not use Page Plus so I'm new to the site.

After seeing no other options except reviewing my order on the previous page that only clarifies the price of the SIM card and noting "expedited" shipping as my preference, I clicked the "finish" button to proceed with my purchase. I had a bad feeling I was not getting a chance to review any pricing for shipping and simply going blind paying for "expedited'" shipping. I was correct and to my dismay the charge was $29.99 and no details about delivery time or carrier! So now I'm irate because I can buy the same card for $15 from a dealer or order from Wal-Mart with free shipping. I immediately found customer service contact info, cringing because I went through a situation with Straight Talk's "customer service" and "refund department" (I don't think the refund dept exists, but that another nightmarish story...).

I called Page Plus and of course I greeted by a Pakistani with shoddy English with authority to issue refunds! I get passed along a couple of times to the "refund" department and was told I couldn't get a refund on the SIM card. I became a bit mad and demanded a refund since the order wasn't even processed yet, it's only been 5 to 10 mins! I got hung up on! It was getting late and I didn't feel like fighting with them that night (it took 9 hrs being on hold with Straight Talk to get a refund!).

So waited for the following morning to call. Guess what? Right, another Pakistani saying I can't get a refund! I told her the checkout process is total b.s. and that I, and she, had never purchased anything online with being able to review shipping prices and seeing a grand total before commuting to a purchase. I got hung up on once again! I immediately hit redial and I was finally talking with someone with good English and processed my refund, I assume. "3-5 business days", she says, but I'm not so sure.

I'm making arrangements to dispute the charge so I don't have to go through the aggravation of dealing with these people for weeks waiting on a refund that may or may not be credited. Page Plus Cellular and Straight Talk have the worst customer service I've ever experienced and they should return the jobs back to English speaking employees and hire people that do more than answer a phone and put customers on hold!

My experience with them wasn't bad until I got a smartphone and started using their data plans. I had heard many complaints about their automatic payment service so I decided to purchase online "cards" every month. They send you a confirmation email when you buy a card but not when you've applied the PIN to your phone. Also, if they don't apply the PIN to your phone, they don't let you know that you've been switched to their cash payment plan. So even though I KNOW I applied my PIN last month they claim I haven't. I owe them so much in cash payment now plus they've reset the due dates (which used to be on the 21st of the month but now are the 7th because I had recently bought a new card, unaware that they hadn't applied the previous one).

They refused to set things right and when I complained about their lack of notices they said, "We don't do that", so they simply don't let you know when they're changing your service. Stay away from this company, they will do what they can to rip you off. They don't even list their headquarters online to make it harder to complain about them with the Better Business Bureau, but eventually I found it (9700 NW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178), unless they lied to me about that, too. I had to contact customer service to get it.

As a client, I have the right to receive a receipt after paying and because I use it in my tax return. I usually get it by email when paying online. This time there was a tech problem in their website, I couldn't pay online so I paid by phone but I haven't received an invoice sent to my email. I chatted and they said "sorry we can't email your receipt from the chat system" so they gave me to call the customer service. I called and explained my issue. The lady was so mean and stopped talking to me when I told her I need the receipt. I was talking to myself although I could listen to her move on the phone.

I called again and asked to talk to the manager. She transferred me to a guy who was telling me that he can't give me a receipt as it was paid from the automated system. So I told him "so because your automated system didn't email me my receipt, I'm asking you to do it." He became RUDE and wanted to explain to me that as long as I dealt with the automated system, so I must take the receipt from the automated system. So I told him "the automated system is just technical. I need someone to talk to and you represent pagepluscellular.com and I really need my receipt for my tax returns." He just kept saying "no one can give you a receipt." For that reason I must search for another place to pay my bill or just change my carrier.

For your own sanity stay away from this company. They have great prices, but the hassles and the UNBELIEVABLY AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THE PHILIPPINES is not even close to worth the hassles. I am in Mexico for vacation for a month and have no service options down here, and they just upgraded their software which cut off my voice mail. So I cannot retrieve my voice mail, and cannot tell anyone who will leave a message that their message won't be heard. The incredibly frustrating customer service people just keep repeating back everything I say, over and over and over and over! Do you get the point. Just earn some more money and go with a professional company! You will save a penny here, and lose a hundred dollars in time! Please don't do this to yourself!

Only use this company because I use an old flip phone from Verizon and they are the only ones that will take my phone. They are based in India and customer service is awful. They don't speak English well at all. They keep cutting me off even before my due date. There is nowhere you can update your credit card info. so you have to wait to be shut off and then they will take the new info. Coverage is ok for FL but on a recent trip to Hawaii I couldn't use the phone in LA or Hawaii. You ask why I stay with them? Easy. I'm a retired male stuck in 1987.

Page Plus Cellular company sucks. I have only been a customer for a week and this has been the worst experience I've had to deal with as far as a cellular company goes. The staff are very basic and have pretty much no clue as to what they are doing and Technical support is absolutely of no help. I have always been able to text regardless of the phone company I've been with, but for some reason with Page Plus, I can't and they have no clue as to why. Please do Not use this company.

Used to be a great company. Now the customer service is going downhill. When I made a phone call to the customer service regarding account credit, the lady put me on hold and then chat with another agent (I can clearly hear their talk in the background). After ten minutes hold, I asked what was going on and she said, "I cannot help you and need to transfer you to another department." Of course you cannot help me, you were not doing anything during these ten minutes! When I complained, she pretended not hearing me and kept asking "Are you still there, I cannot hear you" and then hung up my phone. Worst customer service I ever had. That lady should be FIRED!

Website is a little clunky and even after you pay they still remind you that you only have 1 day left, other than that they are very good. Overall Page Plus is reliable as they do use Verizon towers, does drop out at the house from time to time but no service works that good in our area.

On Dec 2 2016 I purchased 4 SIM cards from Page Plus Cellular after checking that my phones were compatible. I attempted to activate each phone with Page Plus Cellular on the dates that each phone ran out of service from my previous provider. Paid $60.79 for service and activated phone #1 on Dec 8, paid $60.79 and activated phone #2 on Dec 15, paid $60.79 and activated phone #3 on Dec 16, paid $60.79 on phone #4 on Dec 26 but could not activate due to Page Plus online activation server problem.

Upon contacting Page Plus Cellular to correct the concern I found out this was the beginning of a nightmare with the worst cell phone company I've ever dealt with. Page Plus Cellular told me that I needed to pay for a plan before they would activate phone #4 in which I had already paid for the plan. They would not activate phone #4 even though they tracked that I had made the payment on Dec 4. On Dec 28 I finally asked for a refund back to my credit card for phone #4 since they would not activate it, they stated the service had already expired (No way a service expired that was only 2 days old and never activated). They finally agreed to refund my credit card after finding out they didn't provide any service for a service I paid for.

Dec 29, service stopped working on phone #2, called Page Plus Cellular and once again was told that the service on this phone had also expired. After arguing that the service started on Dec 15 on phone #2 so there's no way the service could have ended I am now told that the phone is no longer compatible with their service. Although they previously stated the phone was compatible and it worked perfectly fine the 14 days it was on (before they stopped the service that is), now all of a sudden it isn't compatible. I asked for a credit and was told I would not get any, "But" if I have a compatible device to transfer the sim to they would turn the service back on, hmmm.

Dec 29 lost approximately $31 worth of service on phone #2 since I supposedly no longer had a compatible device. Back to phone #4, asked about the refund for the Dec 26 for phone #4 in which they never activated the sim or provided any service for, was told that I would see the refund to my card in 3-5 business days. Jan 4, 2017 still no credit back to my card. Called Page Plus Cellular again and they stated that they see the request but the person I had talked to had never sent in the request. Was told that the request would be sent immediately and I would see the credit back to my card 3-5 business days. January 13, 2017, still no credit back to my card. Called Page Plus Cellular, once again they state the service for phone #4 had already expired even though they never activated the sim or provided any service.

After telling them again that they never even activated it to even use the service I purchased on Dec 26 they stated they had already credited the money back to my credit card. When I asked the date that they credited it back they stated Dec 31, 2016. This company never credited back any money and I basically lost $91.79 in services that was never provided. In the process of disputing the charge through my credit card company of $60.79 on Dec 26 in which Page Plus Cellular falsely state they refunded.

It doesn't make sense to me. This company could have made so much more from me by providing a legitimate service in which they would have received $243.16 a month, instead they chose to rob me of a month of service @ $60.79. My phones have now been moved to a different company, was a Page Plus Cellular customer for less than a month. After reading reviews I see why. Beware of Page Plus Cellular, they are by far the worst cellular company I've ever encountered.

Been with Page Plus since July 2016. I have had to call customer service every single month to make my 4G work again which is beyond ridiculous. If you have an iPhone and accept updates from Apple they will not tell you you have to download a new profile after certain updates unless you call. Other times the excuse is you have to call for them to manually update your 4G data when suggested measures don't work. You will not get an explanation of why this is needed at all. You don't get reliable anything from these people without complaining.

This month I lowered my plan on auto pay on my account at their website and shocker it did not upload my payment to my phone but it's showing as a charge at my bank. No phone service because of their error but they took my money! I will be calling them and very likely looking elsewhere for service. It's just too much work and unreliability every single month.

No service but charged by min for dropped calls. Put money on account by pin -- China or Isis didn't apply cause service date not up but min up? Wtf... Had to take a quick course in Chinese arithmetic to communicate with the rudest ignorant communist **. Then I explained in Chinese how I don't have the signal I used to when I became a customer 2 years ago. Now the only service I get is dropping calls like they hot!!! And she say "if phone calls you got service!!" I'm going all American even if I got to talk through a cup and string!! Go Trump. Go bring America back!!! Boycott all communist and Mexican everything and ship everyone who don't agree with it straight to the 3rd world before we are the world of nothing.

I've never been so dissatisfied with a company like I am with page plus. I paid online like instructed. The data was never loaded onto my son's phone and they claimed no refund can be issued. This company is a huge rip-off and their staff is worthless. They got their money, what do they care.

Just transferred my phone number from a different provider. Paid 75 bucks and they deleted the account somehow. Called #ccare to talk to someone and they said to call a different #22890 and it said cannot activate. Bunch of IDIOTS!

Made 2 payments on 11/06/2016, one was for 44.45$ which I was credited for bill period 11/06/2016 - 12/06/2016 and 58.00$ which I was assuming will be credited to my account for bill period 12/06/2016 - 01/06/2017. Called customer service, was hung up on twice, the third time I actually got a supervisor and he told me that my money had just disappeared. Can you believe that? Your money disappearing? These people are unreal.

When your phone is working, when your billing is going as planned, when there are no problems, the service is fine. But when problems come (and they will), the customer service is HORRIBLE. My time on hold with them HAS to have been over 16 hours. You can talk to 4 different people and they will tell you 4 different things. The final blow - I switched to another provider and contacted them to stop my Auto Bill Payment. I got billed the following month. I contacted customer service who claimed I was never on auto bill pay and wasn't billed and said I may have used a different website. I copied and pasted the entire receipt email where I was billed - which stated my name, account, THEIR website name, said I was on Auto Bill Pay, date AND time, payment method, invoice number, transaction ID and authorization number, among MANY other things - they told me there was no record of it.

This is only one incident. As I tried to port my number to my new service, they made it difficult. And SEVERAL other times, dealing with customer service, I waited hours on hold then got thrown from one person to another, the first 4 or so wouldn't know the answer, then finally someone did - after wasting 2 hours of my time. Run... run away... run away fast!!!

We have been Page Plus customers for about four years. Originally we ported Verizon phones over, and recently I bought an inexpensive Android phone from Page Plus. Service has been good, prices are great, and I've had better response and shorter wait times with the Page Plus online chats than with Verizon. I think I even called once, and got through faster than was typical with Verizon. There are three negatives: 1) Our iPhone 4 didn't have the same voice mail functionality as on Verizon (those phones went back to Verizon finally, for that reason); 2) Page Plus doesn't offer a plan for tablets; 3) Once we were traveling in Roosevelt, Utah, with two Page Plus phones, a full-service Verizon phone, and a pay-as-you go Verizon tablet. The Page Plus and the pay-as-you go Verizon did not function on roaming, while the full-service Verizon did.

Was a customer for three years. After two years, the auto-refill system would not work. See other reviews for that issue. I then had to pay manually every month, but not a dealbreaker for me. Recently, their online and phone payments are automatically rejected, even though the pending charges are frozen on the bank account for a week. Called two months in a row, had to hold for at least an hour and finally was told it was the bank reject the payment. Then called the bank and they said the pending payments are there, but there is no hold on my account. Round and round we go... called Page Plus back and they stuck to their "it's your bank" excuse. The end... of Page Plus, that is. In conclusion, would you try to sell your own services to customers that could not pay you? Of course not, that defeats the rule of business, but you sure could make some coin by holding onto their money for a week!!

I am back with a major carrier after the most frustrating month of trying to deal with a company that has no regard for customer service. Almost every aspect of the on boarding/new client experience seemed to be designed by unqualified idiots. As many have posted, the only customer service option is something waaaay offshore and they seem to be incented by how long they can keep you on the phone and how aggravated they can make you. I wish I was exaggerating.

Intermittent text and data issues were the last straw.

My move back to the National carrier was actually a pleasant experience, taking a fraction of the time and dealing with pleasant professional people. I am amazed they are still in business, the price differential between Page Plus and my new National carrier (same network) is not that great. In my experience with Page Plus you get much less than you are paying for - even at their lower rates!

Terrible customer service who eventually hung up on me after giving me the full run around and refused to answer questions. Basically, Page Plus used all of my data this month (1 GB) for an internal 'profile update' to which I did not know about nor agree to, but they insisted was 'very important'. And they insist that they cannot do anything about it nor give me a credit to my accounts. Not worth the savings any longer and will be moving our accounts to another provider.

TERRIBLE COMPANY, COMPLETE LACK OF CONCERN TO RESOLVE CUSTOMER ISSUES. As a customer, I have been very patient and diligent in exploring all options to contact them, and giving them number of chances to resolve my problem. Turns out to be a waste of time. Recently, Page Plus merged with TracFone. Since November 2016, my data has not been working (more than one week as of this post). I contacted them by phone but all they do is go through a sheet of recommended steps and are not knowledgeable of the issue - turn off phone, remove sim card, turn on phone, etc. Largely these are call centers located in Asia, and they don't know what they're doing. If you demand supervisor or level two support, they put you ON HOLD and no one answers. I've spent hours via this route and it's pointless.

Chat support - you have to contact them as soon as they're active in the morning because after just 30 min to one hour, they're "too busy" and chat becomes no longer available for the rest of the day. You can't even be on queue - it just is no longer accessible. As far as my problem is concerned, they reset something, it worked, but minutes later, it stopped working; this happened on two separate sessions. Of course when you try to get back, the chat is no longer accessible, so you have to wait for the next morning to contact them again. IT'S RIDICULOUS. I find it almost comical how lacking their support and concern for issues their customers have.

Of course, there are no refunds when you're prepaid, even though an important part of the service isn't working anymore. I will be closing this account and moving to another provider (sim card already on the way) and charge back my credit card, as they offer me no other alternative. Companies such as this doesn't deserve your money and all they'll do is waste your time and effort - stay away.

We have had Page Plus for years! YEARS!!! Pay the bill on a Tuesday and the whole entire account vanishes from their system on Thursday! Saying the same phone we've been using for a BUSINESS is no longer eligible for their network! Refused to port the number to another device! Refused help in any kind of way. Each rep out of the 10-15 I spoke to all good a different story! They are oblivious to their own operation and if the employees don't know now I'm sure they'll soon find the CEO on American Greed! All of our business paraphernalia have the same number plastered all over it!! And all they could do was say sorry I understand?? THE LIES!!

Our company is at stake due to the negligent within a company and the idiots that answer the phone after an hour and a half wait just to hang up on you with the cockiness that will drive you nuts! This is the absolute worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. The lowest of the low and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do! On top of Page Plus not having our number. No other company can port the number due to it being inactive on its original account!!! 9 years doing business with the same number and Page Plus gets to decide our fate??? No! This is not the last they will be hearing from US!! So unethical!!!

Page Plus Cellular Company Profile