1.42/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Holland, OH

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Page Plus Cellular Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

When I first joined in 2011, I paid $40 on a prepaid plan, and it usually lasted me about 3 months. At the time, I did not use text or data. In 2013 I bought a MoJo from Motorola for $25. I switched to the $30/month plan so I could use text and data. So for 6 years I used a $25 phone and have never had a problem. Being on the Verizon network, my phone works practically everywhere. I only use data when I travel, so I have never had extra charges. My MoJo just died, so I just purchased an IPhone 6 for $150.

When I look at other companies and see people paying $300-$700 for older iPhones, I think I got a really good deal. Time will tell. I have noticed a drop in the quality of customer service since Trac Phone bought the company. The agents are definitely in other countries, and sometimes they have trouble understanding what I am saying. If you use your phone mostly as a phone, and not as a computer, then, in my experience, Page Plus is still a good option.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The customer service is strictly average, but the monthly bill is one of the lowest you’ll find anywhere. Cheap phone bill plus the Verizon network coverage equals the best deal on the market. Three things you must have to get started: 1) A SIM card for your phone (available on their website), 2) a cell phone that works on the Verizon network and 3) an unlocked cell phone. I usually buy phones refurbished on eBay from reputable dealers. Make sure the phone says it works for Verizon and is unlocked. And that’s it! You’re on your way to saving around $1000 bucks a year on your phone service. Enjoy!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 4, 2019

I have been using Page Plus since 2013. The only issue I have, is when you don’t pay your bill on time, they cut your service immediately. When that happens I just call customer service and pay with my credit card. My service is reinstated. To solve that issue, I am on automatic payment with my credit card. They give you a $2 monthly discount. I have no worries that way. The calls are crystal clear. They are on the Verizon coverage. No dropped calls.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have been a Page Plus customer for years only because it is not convenient to change prepaid service. I have been on auto enrollment for my payment for years and then it de-enrolled me and shut my service off. I use mine for work. I was in a panic because no one could contact me. I was able to contact Page Plus only to get a very slow person that took 45 minutes to turn my phone back on. And she refused to give the the $5 off for being in auto enrollment. I even called a supervisor only to receive the same message they can't give that credit on the 1st month. I have been a loyal customer and will now be shopping for something new.

Christine

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Would give 0 stars if possible. This company is nothing but lies and deceit. They advertise for “fully unlimited” service yet don’t allow one to use hotspot. That’s not fully unlimited. Then they advertise for $50 if enrolled in auto refill. Every single month I am enrolled in auto refill and every month my payment gets rejected. Just got told my bank is declining the payment which is not true as I spoke directly to my bank regarding this. Oh not to mention since auto refill payment gets rejected I’m then forced to pay the full price, using the same exact card my auto refill payment was rejected. So according to them my bank declines a $50 payment but approves a $55 payment.

Having to deal with this company’s customer service is appalling. Everyone I’ve ever spoken to is Indian and while I’m not a prejudice person these people have been known to scam people and that’s exactly what they’re doing. Please if you've had this same experience with auto refill payments please file a report with the Better Business Bureau. They need to be exposed for their lies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Page Plus Cellular?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I had to call many times just too try to get the phone working. Then I was told it wasn't a page plus phone, but I had the item number. Then was told to go to two different stores to get help. Only to be told they don't work with Page Plus anymore. The customer service ladies were rude and acted as though they didn't want too be bothered. The supervisors were of no help also. To day it the 12th and I bought the phone on 28th of October. Plus I paid for the minutes which was $28. They said they don't see it in the system. Horrible. I wish I never have ordered this phone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

When it comes to the actual service Page Plus is great thanks to Verizon. Now if you ever have a problem, you will have to deal with the worst bunch of Indian customer service reps in the entire world. These people are trained to be rude and have no one to answer to when it comes to supervision. If you ask to speak to a supervisor another more rude person will get on the phone and even try to hang up on you. You can find the same exact phones Page Plus is selling on Amazon or at Best Buy for as much as $200 less per phone. They sell older phones that claim to be brand new but they are truthfully refurbished.

I would not recommend anyone buy a phone from Page Plus. If you do the research this company was started by an Indian guy. So I guess that's why he chose to put all his customer service in India. These people are all terrible at their job and you can barely understand what they are saying. They interrupt you while you're trying to talk and have terrible manners. 1 * is very generous from me.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer of Page Plus for 7 years. My company that I work for was also a customer because I initiated that. I paid the Aug.2019 monthly plan with my bank card and within a matter of minutes I received confirmation number that payment was received by Page Plus in the correct amount of $60.08. I had no problem with that transaction as my phone would lose service by 12 am and time was 11:37 pm.

My phone is very important to me, I am 63 yrs old, live alone, and due to the many illnesses I am not allowed to drive; walking any length of distance I am unable to do. I have an unruptured aneurysm inside my brain and at any given time my life could take a drastic turn. The neurologist specified ideally for me to never be alone but we live in the real world; next best thing keep your cellphone with you at all times - it could save your life. I had to give you that personal information so you can understand why I kept my plan paid on time each month. After payment was made I was issued a card number for my paid plan, I then entered the information and an electronic operator informed the card was not accepted by my phone. My phone had something wrong with it. Please call back during normal business hrs. Aug 4th 2019 approximate time 12:15 AM.

After several hrs. days, now going into weeks Page Plus continues with the trained dialogue of "We cannot help you, where did you get phone", it was locked by different cell companies, keep in mind I myself bought this same phone from a Page Plus dealer who is still in business in my hometown and that was about 3 years ago maybe 4 and this phone with me and I have tried to get a different cell company but was told Page Plus must unlock it first. Today a Page PLUS rep (John) said the phone is locked and then halfway through an HOUR long call he reverted to saying the phone is unlocked!

I will never recommend this company if they were giving away service with phones. One call out of 10 I had a female supervisor admit Page Plus did lock the phone and she was going to unlock it and put my $60.08 card on it. I was extremely happy for 5 minutes. Another female interrupted the call and informed me in a not so caring way they couldn't help me and hung up on me. I don't know where this company received training in business let alone customer care. I do know this business was on the right track for several years but I now know it's another fly by night, here today gone tomorrow trash business. I recommend before you renew your monthly plan check that phone is working and is not locked by your FRIENDLY ONLINE PAGE PLUS DEALER! I have yet to receive refund. The phone is still locked and PAGE PLUS DON'T CARE!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have never had any issues with PAGE PLUS UNTIL a few months ago when without warning my cell service stopped working (I have always been set up on AUTO PAY so I know the bill was paid). I had my receipt but they kept trying to tell me my account had not been replenished. They finally found record of payment and all was good. Then, today my cell quit working AGAIN. When I called them they at first said they had no record of my number.

Then after numerous transferred calls, I was told my number had been PORTED OUT to another carrier (they could not tell me which one). I asked how this was possible as I have a pin set up on my account. They did not have an answer & informed me that the number I have had for years is no longer my number. There was NOTHING they could do. Sure, the plans are reasonable, but their customer service is the WORST. These are some of the most INEPT people I have ever dealt with. Not ONE person could figure out how this happened. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

My service got cut for no reason twice. The first time, they reinstated it after about 2 hours on the phone. They seemed to have no record of me ever being a customer. The second time they wouldn't reinstate it. I tried to get them to unlock my phone (I bought it from them) but they wouldn't do it. This company sucks.

Page Plus Cellular Company Information