Sprint Reviews

Sprint
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5
Based on 3,230 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Don't sign up with this company. We had two lines with shared 12gb of data. With adding the costs of the phones we were paying ~$155 each month. This suddenly rose to $200/month without explanation and there was no way around it. Considering the price, crappy coverage, and horrible customer service we decided to cancel. They said we were not in a contract and to cancel we would just need to send the phones back. Once I returned the phones the remaining bill was still $475 because of a clause in the devices' lease agreement which WAS NOT COMMUNICATED to us. Now I am in the process of trying to get that fee waived. Getting in touch with anyone who can help me is a nightmare and their customer service SUCKS! I will never work with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This company should be investigated in NY. They lie, cheat, steal your money all while you have no service, while your calls are dropped, etc. over two years of trying to get better service, they lied to me about a Magic Box they were going to send for better service, never got it. Leased two phones and at the end was all paid up, but nope, phones have to be turned in or have to pay close to 200 per phone to keep. Meantime the phones were paid up, close to 800 per phone. This company should really be looked into for stealing, and lying to their customers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My account was closed on 10/08/2019, paid everything I owed for phone, tablet and last bill to have my phone unlocked over $700.00. After 3 months they billed me for account overdue, it was sent to my bank to check the reason after the account had already been closed, the money was returned within 6 days by Sprint to my account.

Today I receive a letter saying I owe $26.50 for a fee of late charges. I called my bank and was advised to speak with a Sprint representative. Spoke with 3 different people who all said nothing could be done, the bill would have to be paid or go into collection. After over 12 years with Sprint and never had a late bill they must be having financial difficulties that they must harass their old customers for money, sad that they are such thieves. I left Sprint because they would change the prices of your bill without even sending a letter of changes to your account. I hope my $ 26.50 makes them richer since as a company they are horrible. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

May the president of Sprint enjoys stealing from their customer, may you enjoy a Starbucks coffee if you can. Sorry that people who work for Sprint don't or don't care that they are also accomplices to their crime of stealing and covering for a company that employs you and will fire you and never remembers who you were. Please know you may steal and not think it's ok I am not accountable to anyone, but you are and will be held accountable someday, enjoy it while you can. As a company, you are horrible, I am glad to never have anything to do with the sprint company and will make sure everyone who thinks of changing to your company know how disloyal your company exists. D.P.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Please do not select this carrier. They are crooks. I cut my services off in 2016. Paid my bill. Return my phone. At the time it was a Samsung Edge phone. I had a Note 3 before that which I paid out so today January 18 2020 I was trying to turn the phone back on the note 3 with T-Moble. While on the phone with the representative at t-moble call Sprint asking for the sim card unlock code sprint went to talking about a old bill from 2016. I told sprint I left them with a clean slate. I paid 675 dollars plus the edge phone. They I left 163 dollar bill. I ask the question, "Why is that bill on my credit report that I owe you from 2015 until 2020?" She didn't respond to the question.

To make the story short she said, "Pay the bill at this number 800-639-611 and I'll call you back in a hour." She never called back. I'm out 163 dollars for a false bill on this account number ** with no sim unlock code so I went online and found this company that unlock the phone. The name of it is http://www.techmajesty.com/ I paid 69 bucks. Now I'm on T-mobile network. Thanks to them all in all. Stay away from sprint. They are crooks they have bad service and will rob you with fees. I put the account up there because it's been close for two years now. I want them to know who I am. Have good day people on to the next review page about sprint.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Worst experience of my life. I switched from At&t to Sprint thinking I was getting a better deal. Well after the 18 month promotion was up my bill doubled and they would do nothing to help me. I was told at the time of the switch that after the 18 months if I called in, they would put me on another promotion. Well that didn't happen and the customer service is horrible. They are rude and unwilling to do anything for a customer. They make promises they don't keep and don't notate your account. I seriously regret my decision to go with Sprint and will be switching to another carrier as soon as possible. I would also like to note that I am a great customer who pays her bill on time every month. I'm the kind of customer they should want to keep. Also, cell service is horrible and you can't do anything else on your phone while on a call. My calls drop all the time because their coverage areas are not great. I tell everyone and anyone not to go with Sprint.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Sprint Company Information