Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We recently switched to Sprint in Dec 2019, because we were tired of being nickel and dimed by Verizon, once we switched we started saving money immediately, and was very pleased with the customer service, especially since where we live good mobile coverage is hard to come by. Fast forward to June 2020, and our service would go out from time to time, but was usually back on fairly quick (about the time of the Sprint T-mobile merger). A week later our service went from full bars to one if we are lucky. We have contacted sprint about 10 times now, and its always the same run around "our systems show the tower in your area is fine" which is usually followed by making us restart our phones, and check this, etc etc etc. Then they put you on hold for a tech, wait 30 mins for them to answer, then get the same run around again. I'm giving them about 1 more week before they lose me as customer.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have been with Sprint since November 2019. Before I choose Sprint, I shopped and researched around for about 2 weeks. Sprint has the best coverage, deals, policies and customer care. I wanted the new iPhone devices. I currently lease 2 iPhone 11(s) for 20$ per device plus my monthly plan that is 45$ for 2 lines. The plan comes with unlimited Talk, Text & Data. Also, has Hulu, international calling, mobile hotspot 500MB and 5GB of data in Canada & Mexico. For both devices I also have Insurance for loss, protection and damage, you can research the details. It is very affordable. I will receive an upgrade for both devices in a few months, which will cost me little to no charge. Whenever I have any inquiries/questions Sprint has a very knowledgeable, understanding, stellar and impeccable representatives/customer care. I would highly recommend Sprint to my Family and my Friends.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I signed up for Sprint Unlimited Premium for $70/mnth w/ $5 autopay discount recently. Below is my brief experience with the process. Moving from AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan (unlimited talk/data, but limited txt messages and no hotspots) with an employer discount that came out roughly the same price. AT&T was my first cell carrier and I never tried any other carrier. Been with them roughly 20yrs. Porting my number was a new experience.

The signup process was pretty painful. Although my current iPhone 8 plus is unlocked thru AT&T GSM, it's not cross compatible with CDMA. So went thru the extra hassle of buying a used phone on eBay that could handle both signals. Found one in excellent condition and a better battery life. Will be selling mine for roughly the same price. The next step was painful/lot of work as I couldn't signup thru the website. Had to call. Spoke to someone who appeared to be overseas due to his thick accent and his phone connection was terrible. Lot of static background noise and I could hear myself echo thru his headset.

Managed to get a SIM Card and activation without extra cost. Took about 2 business days to get SIM Card. I want to say total phone conversation between two different days was 1 1/2-2hrs probably including waiting for someone to answer/on hold while they inputted my info. Near the end of the call, he really tried selling me the additional insurance plan that would cover any damages/replacement of my phone. I had to refuse at least 6xs.

Haven't really had an opportunity to test signal while driving due to COVID-19, but have experienced a brief dead zone near where I live (I live in Central Florida/Orlando). Too early to tell whether moving to Sprint was worth it or a mistake. When COVID-19 subsides and we can commute to work/school again, I will be heavy on data. I like to stream music/howard stern on Sirius App. So will be disappointed if I experience a lot of data drops and will revisit with a better review once I can test.

$300 giftcard is nice and hope it actually happens. Extra bonus points for getting Amazon Prime as my membership just expired before I moved. And additional bonus points for Tidal and Hulu. I'm hoping with Sprints merger with TMobile that they will provide good service / jump on the 5g bandwagon fairly soon...and not ditch the prime membership. Also, when I activated my phone, it was stuck on 3G. I had to do some tinkering/self google troubleshooting to get it on LTE. Glad I didn't have to call customer service and managed to self resolve.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I left Verizon because of the poor customer service to go to Sprint. It was rocky for the first year because what the salesman on the phone told me and reality were different. It was a pain for that period of time. I would call every month, thinking that the problem was resolved, only to find out the next month that indeed it was not taken care of. I do think Sprint has the best plans, however, where we live, Sprint does not have the best reception. But I refuse to go back to Verizon. I gave them enough chances. Cell phone companies have everyone in a predicament, because we are so tied to our cell phones.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I went into this location expecting to have to purchase a new phone thinking mine had died and I hadn't had it that long. I spoke to Wilford and explained my phone would not charge. He assessed the situation and said all I needed was a new charger and cable. I realty appreciated his honesty he could have sold me a new phone that I didn't need and never would have been the wiser and i couldn't afford right now. Thanks for hiring people with integrity.

Resolution response: Jan. 14, 2021

So Sprint responded on here. I gave my contact info as requested, no one called. However, I did call Sprint again today’s date. The two people I talked to today were very helpful. The First Lady said they do not have a fraud department. So now I wonder about the person on the 12th who was transferring me to the fraud department. She transferred me to finance. This person was also very helpful. Researched the issue and found who’s account was paid with my money. My funds should be returned within 5 business days. Sprint should review the history here and kudos to the two I talked to today. The ones from Tuesday were ridiculous. Their attitude was too bad for you. It was a simple fix once I had reps who actually wanted to help.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I cancelled my Sprint account November 2019. They did reimburse an overpayment in Jan 2020. Today, Jan 12 2021, they removed almost $400.00 from my checking account. I was paying my sprint bill through Bill Pay. I’ve gone to my bank and filed a dispute. Sprint claims they have no record of having done this. It’s clearly on my bank records. They tried to claim my bank did this!??? Trying to get it resolved but I keep getting put on hold and then disconnected.

Sprint response

Melinda,

This is not a canned response. We tell everyone they are valued but can understand why you don't feel that way. We may be able to help by reviewing your canceled account. If are OK with that and dont mind providing a contact number we will reach back out to you asap.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

This won't do any good. We have been with Sprint for 3 years and our account says since 2007! They promised us good coverage when we moved and I spent 2 months constantly getting dropped calls to Sprint. Now we have no other internet provider because my husband's unemployed (Covid) and our data coverage is worse than our cellphone coverage! We are stuck and they don't care! We were 2 months late and they cut us off. I explained if they processed a payment the next day it would be paid and they wouldn't give us an extra day-mind you my husband was still unemployed due to Covid.

I called before they cut us off and they would not give us 1 day! We then had to pay extra fees to have it connected and I wanted to cancel our whole plan-they said we would have to pay our entire contract anyway AND WE COULD NOT TURN OUR PHONES IN. This is all true and factual and they have every right to screw us over because we have a contract -Classic David and Goliath. No matter what we the people go through, big business prevails.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I got Sprint back in March ‘20 for a week and changed because the area I lived in didn’t work with them. I transferred over to ATT and got my service canceled with sprint after a week exactly. I went into the same store and to return phone and phone case. They gave me a huge hassle. They couldn’t accept because my account was no longer in service. After the headache of resolving that issue, they proceed to harass me with emails about my monthly bill for the next three months. I kept ignore assuming it was automated emails. 4 months later I get a call from a collection service. Sprint sent my supposed bills to collections. I proceed to call sprint and resolve this 3 different times and each time I’m told it’s resolved. Now almost a year later I find out my credit score has a derogatory mark because I’m still in collections with sprint. Only one week with them and a year of hassle and damaged credit score. DO NOT USE THEM.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Updated on 01/11/2021: Hi I recently wrote a review about Sprint and its lie. I got a phone call from a supervisor and nothing was done about the time I spent speaking to a rep. He just made excuses to cover up their mistakes. All that was done was that he transferred me over to another person and she helped me design the contract to place my phone on a pay plan. No one told me since December 2020 that I had to sign anything. No apologies nothing. My contact info is **.. Nothing but excuse..

Original Review: I have been a Sprint customer since 2017 and I must say that they are the Worst. I have been lied to since 2017 and they have been overcharging me since. Their customer service reps are not trained well and lie to their customers. I am so fed up with them. The only reason I am still with them is because of the lease I have with them that should of been done with since December. I want to know why they lie so much and screw customers out of their hard earned money. I can truly say that Sprint is absolutely the worst. I regret it so much. If anyone reads this that is a supervisor call me because I have been trying to speak to one since December. I will be updating this in two day. Sprint is the worst.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I have been with Sprint for 17 years, so I consider myself a loyal customer. Late last year I decided to upgrade to a phone so I could receive 5G. I purchased a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G recommended by Sprint to work on their system. I also had to pay an additional fee to receive the 5G signal. It was expensive, but it worked great until the T-Mobile merger. Now I only have voLTE. I have made many attempts over months to have Sprint correct the issue. It wasn't until yesterday that I found out my phone will not work on T-Mobiles system because the modem will not work on 600 MHz. I asked Sprint Customer Care what they recommended and I was told to "purchase another 5G phone from T-Mobile." I filed a complaint this morning with the FCC. Sprint should cover the expenses related to the merger - not the consumer!

Sprint Company Information