Sprint PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been a long time Sprint customer even through the dropped calls and the terrible service me and my family experienced for many years. We live in and around Omaha, NE and have many issues with their coverage constantly. A few examples are we go camping quite often weather permitting and the 2 places we frequent the most have absolutely no service whatsoever so when we leave for a weekend we are completely unable to communicate or use the simple apps like the weather channel which is quite important when camping. Thank God we have other people we go with that have Verizon so if an emergency pops up we can at least know about it and react accordingly.

About 16 months ago my wife and I decided to build a new home about 20 miles south of Omaha on an acreage and we're struggling daily to receive calls or be able to call out but got by and we're not happy but dealt with it. Then 6 months ago I decided to take a leap and started my own business in the heart of Omaha. With the start up I decided to use my cell phone and even went and got a Sprint hotspot for my internet needs to save on a landline and internet connection. The hotspot was a joke and would work on and off all day long. Sprint was nice enough to let me return the hotspot due to its inability to provide what I needed and then got a Verizon hotspot and wow what a difference no issues at all with connections.

Then I had constant issues with customers and employees hearing me on my cell phone in a building literally 1 mile from downtown Omaha. I had dropped calls and could not carry on with this marginal cell phone carrier any longer so I made my decision to go to Verizon after being with Sprint for 8 years. You would think that Sprint would understand why I changed but never even thought that they would treat me like they did during and after the change. For a company as large as they are I for the life of me cannot understand how they got so big with the customer service or should I say lack of.

Since I am no longer a customer they have trained their employees to treat the public like a bad divorce when you leave. I was very loyal to them and paid all my bills on time and never had any reason to be treated like they have. As a consumer and an upstanding business owner I would never treat any customers that way even if they leave for someone else. Burning bridges is no way to run a business and I and everyone that I deal with personally and professionally will know about my experience and I know that won't make them change but hopefully I can convince the people I deal with to go another way. I am not here to sell Verizon and would encourage people to go with what works for them but steer clear of a really bad experience and a terrible business model that Sprint follows and save yourself some grief when you have to deal with them for anything...

Called Sprint to get a bill resolution. Instead I got a person who could barely understand English telling me that if I want to go to another provider I should. So you know what. That's what I'm in the process of doing. Having Verizon pay my bill off to convert. If I worked for Sprint, I would try to encourage the customer to stay and resolve the issue. Sprint obviously has horrible, shaky training ethics/tactics involving customer service issues. Once Sprint gets your account, you will be treats like **. I am glad to take my money elsewhere.

15 year customer. I call to change plan, need more data, teens growing up. Call get lady in India feel sorry for her thick accent. Tell need more data several times of course. She puts me on hold several times of course. Voila, reduces my plan from $300 to $200 month with more data. I said being on hold for an hour was therefore worth it. Thanked her profusely. Asked for email confirmation. She got vague. Sure enough, no email received and no change in plan occurred. Almost funny if weren't so pitiful.

It is a total disaster. I spent hours and hours reading reviews on Consumer Affairs and found out no consumer rated more than 1. I have a terrible experience with the service, the messages I receive, the bill, and the quality... Currently I am in the process of consulting legal people, whether the issue needs legal intervention.

I was convinced 5 months ago to add 2 lines to my phone for $10 more per line. It has more than doubled my bill and have spent total of 6 hrs on phone trying to fix this and more than $1800 in bills they claim they cannot fix! NEVER SIGN CONTRACT! No other phone company has a contract anymore.... So shows how desperate they are to keep you there after screwing you around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

I ordered a LG phone and changed my mind within 24 hours. I never used the phone. I was told to take it back to the store to return it. Two weeks after returning it, I was billed for the phone again. I had to go back and forth for WEEKS to get a credit. My bill was printed and I was billed for the entire phone. The credit was supposed to be issued next month. So they basically want me to shell out $600 for something I returned and wait an entire month. Their customer service STINKS and aggravating. Don't waste your time or money.

I have had a horrible experience with the Bay Area Blvd Store 841 and with Sprint in general. Aside from selling you a physical phone, the employees at this location are unable to help with even the most basic requests. I began having trouble with Sprint when I needed to have my plan transferred from my ex's name to my name. After several unsuccessful visits to the store in which employees stared at us blankly when we asked for help or simply dismissed us and told us to call customer care, my ex and I decided that the best course of action was to simply register me as an authorized user. We had tried contacting customer care and also attempting to resolve this issue via Sprint's website. Each time we called customer care, we were told different and conflicting information than the previous time we called.

When we tried to make me an authorized user, we encountered the same problem. We visited the store three more times. Twice, we were told to go home and call customer care which we did, only to be told that we should go into the store. On our last attempt to register me as an authorized user, an employee at the store tried to help us and told me that I was now an authorized user. I then went home to log into my account where I was denied access for not being an authorized user. A few days later, I called customer care again, who told me that they were unable to help me because I was not an authorized user.

After several months of not being able to log into the account I was paying for and having to drive to the Sprint store to pay my bill at the machine in the back, I again spoke to an employee about becoming an authorized user. He told me that he was unable to help me. At this point, I was so disappointed in Sprint's poor customer service that I asked the employee point-blank if it would just be easier to switch to a different company. The employee said yes which I find unbelievable. I left the store and went to AT&T.

Later, I find that Sprint has not cancelled my account like I requested and wants to charge me between $300-$600 for breaking my lease, even though I was forced out by their terrible customer service and literally told to switch by an employee. I say between $300 and $600 because every time I speak with Sprint Customer "Care," I am told a different amount. The last customer service rep I spoke to, Shametrice, was rude and unhelpful. She interrupted me, talked over me, and did not appear to take my concern seriously. When I complained about the conflicting information and unhelpful employees at the store, she told me I should have just gone to a different store rather than accept that it's Sprint's responsibility to answer my questions with correct information and provide even basic customer service.

They don't have consistent 3G service let alone 4G!!! When I'm at work on the Las Vegas strip my service floats to 1X which means I have NO SERVICE!!! This problem is experienced by many users as well as myself and it isn't a phone issue. When contacting Sprint they "skirt" the issue and are no help at all! AVOID SPRINT!

I bought from Sprint a Samsung Note 4. When I ask the company to unlock my phone because I want to change companies, they claim that the phone can't be unlock and that I need to be continuum with Sprint. It's the worse experience that I have with phone companies. I am unable to use my Note 4 in another.

Stay AWAY!!! I purchased 2 phones, Samsung S7, on buy one free promo during Thanksgiving last year. The phone cost 694.00 each. I put down payment of 300.00 plus taxes. And I'm still waiting for my credit. I've called several time. And a month ago they started credit me, but the math doesn't match. Now I heard that the money I put down I am not getting back. So the promo was NOT buy one and get one free?! And still even though, if I take it off the math doesn't match. "Last make even numbers." I told the representative. "Let's make 700 each phone, so total 1400. I put 300 down+700 credit for one phone-1400 = 400.00, right?! And I've being paying for over 6 months now. So how come I still owe you 440.00???" Well she said I was wrong. So I request a payment history and a statement by email. She said NO, that's not possible. So I insisted, and she DISCONNECTED. Sooo...

Calling customer service at Sprint is a waste of time. They tell you what they want to hear to get you off the phone. They issue Interaction numbers to make you think your call is documented, then they don't enter any notes. They lie. Never again. Don't make the mistake. The service is not within 1% of Verizon coverage either. Lots of dead spots. Lots of dropped calls.

Went to buy a iPhone 7 at Sprint store in Hayward Southland mall. Sale clerk told me that I should get the iPhone 7 plus for a monthly plan of 18 months, at 117.00 first payment and next payment will be $76.00 for the next months. After well to find out the sale clerks a guy and a woman had sign me up for the wrong plan. They gave me 22 months instead of the 18 months promotion so by them giving me the wrong promotion I have to pay $117 a month anyway... Very very very bad communication. My mom had problems with them 10 years ago. It seem like Sprint will never change. They need to train their young employees about how to tell the customer the truth about their monthly payments, explain it clearly. All the sale people are not on the same page when it comes to customer services. Deal with Sprint can cause you a lot of money at the end. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SPRINT!!!

We ported our numbers over from Verizon in February 2017, and quickly realized that Sprint's service area would not work for our family because of the area my husband has to travel in daily. We returned our phones, and canceled everything within the 14 days, and made sure to tell the person helping us that it was due to the service area. Well it is May and we are still getting bills in the mail for $1000+ and still getting billed monthly for service we do not even have. Oh, and a rep in their Financial Services Department stated if I don't pay the due balance then it will be reported to my credit? I have spoken with a customer service rep once a week for the past few months and they could not figure out why this is happening or how they can fix it. And for some reason none of the departments communicate with one another regarding account updates, or returns. It's mentally exhausting.

Finally spoke with the manager at the store I did the return at, and he states he can get this fixed within a few business days. I asked what the delay was, and he said that they have not checked our returned phones back in (as returned). But he states when a manager at a store (specifically) makes a case they will find the phones in the return warehouse and fix the issue. Are you kidding me?!? We did what we were supposed to do in the time allotted, but they can't do their job without someone reminding them? Why do we as customers have to put in way more work than them? I stated to him that I'm surprised a class action lawsuit is not in the works due to the neglect of their customers and all the distress a situation like this causes.

Sprint has always in the past provided the highest customer services, which causes me to be surprised by the poor service I recently received (twice) when I called to obtain a receipt to return a speaker they sell in their corporate stores. The first time I called I spent up to 2 hrs speaking with 1st line representative who eventually transferred me to a 'supervisor', who spent additional time before transferring me to a 'manager'. This manager did very little other than say she would call me with 72 hr. Never got a call, waited a few weeks and then I called back again. Was informed that a 'manager' tried to call me back, but when I informed them I never got a returned call they gave me the # they called and was informed the wrong # by whoever answered. I listened to the # (which wasn't mine), that belonged to my minor child. Never would I have given a child # as a contact #. Their response was poor excuse for bad service.

The second time I called, I was required to start from the beginning and explain my need. Got transferred to a 'supervisor' who made promises to have an 'escalation manager' return my call within 72 hrs. This is now my 2nd week of no return call - second time. It seems I have been deceived (twice), provided poor customer service (twice) and not received support for a resolution to my request - nobody cared and nobody was truthful. They would not help me.

We moved less than four miles from our previous home and have terrible cell phone reception, dropped calls, garbled conversations. Also have a hot spot for my business and it is very intermittent. Called customer service and they told me I was out of luck! Not any help to me. I have been a customer of Sprint for over 15 years and am now totally disgusted with their response.

If I'm taking the time to write a review, it's bad. I attempted to begin service with Sprint in late March of 2017. After two hours on the phone, I was a new customer. I received the incorrect devices, despite repeating numerous times and verifying with the rep which devices were needed. No biggie. I called and spent another 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint, and I was advised I could exchange the devices at a store. So after holding the devices until the weekend, no stores in my region carried the devices with the storage we required. I was then advised that the storage sizes we needed were no longer being produced. How did three people not know this information? Why would the rep continuously verify the devices I was receiving and still send others? Two stores later and hours on the phone, wasted.

So, according to Sprint, we could keep the 32gb or upgrade to 128gb, which would increase my down payment by double, and my monthly installments.

Considering Sprint was unable to offer reliable information or customer service, I decided to stick with my original carrier and requested to send back our phones. I no longer desired their service. I was advised I could return my devices at a nearby store. Two hours in the store, no return could be made. And nobody could figure out "why". I then had to contact Sprint via phone, again, so that I could have return envelopes sent. A week later I received my incorrect envelopes, and sent my devices back via UPS. Once the items were received, according to UPS tracking, I called to verify and requested my refund. Sprint received the devices within three days, on 4.21.17, and I called again to verify that my account would be canceled, and that my return would be granted.

One day after this call, Sprint ported all three of my phone numbers from AT&T to their devices. So, I woke up with no service. Sprint ported my numbers, to phones that were no longer in my possession, after my devices, that were never opened or activated, were already returned. This is certainly a privacy violation, and quite obviously a hassle. So, I spent that entire morning at Sprint and AT&T getting my phone numbers back.

A few days after this ordeal, I receive a call from Sprint advising that my devices have not been returned, and I will be billed for them. My devices at this point, were already in Sprint's possession for 10 days, per my tracking information, which I had already provided them. Sprint has processed my return at this point, in regards to returning SOME of my money. However, I am on the phone again with Sprint because they are still claiming they don't have all of my devices. And, they are advising that I owe them $80 dollars for activation fees, which has never occurred. It is now going on over one month, with no resolution, and endless transferring to random outsourced employees.

HOW is this company still going? Biggest disaster dealing with a company in my life, as they hold MY money, while they have the devices back in THEIR possession. Theft. This is 100% theft. Over one month of dealing with this, and still no resolution. HOW does it take ONE MONTH to resolve YOUR errors? Absolutely would take a prepaid flip phone over ever dealing with this lack of regard to customer care ever again.

Bought new S7. Put $350 deposit at store. 2nd day phone wouldn't work. Called Sprint, back to store where I had 14 days to get a replacement. Nobody would exchange it. 5 stores and 16 calls to Sprint, Peter the me at triangle square told me, "Too late, you're stuck with it". Tried every avenue in those 14 days. The store lied over and over. Sprint lied over and over then said it's in my contract and they won't refund me. So I'm going to Chase since I put it on my card and let them fight it while refunding my money. I found out the hard way IRS not unlimited at all! My hourly spot lasted 10 mins. Now on 2G which is not 2 gigs. They treated me like garbage after I bought that defective phone the last one in the store.

This is why, and the contract is for a new phone in working order. That nasty ** said I signed the contract, I'm stuck with it. How dare she! Sprint is worse than Verizon. There is no unlimited anything! I will sue in court if I must. Hopefully Chase will do it for me. Don't buy from them. Most stores are 3rd party arch telecom and they're all the same. Awful. You'll regret doing business with them.

Most places around Rochester my signal with Sprint is so weak that I drop calls and can not use Bluetooth in my car. I switched from Verizon to save money and while device is fine, signal sucks. Need to find someone to buy out my plan. No more cell phone plans ever that you have to pay to get out of. I use my phone for some business and it's embarrassing when this phone is the reason that I cannot make or receive a call. Sprint has poor service and I plan to tell everyone.

Sprint sent information that I was not aware of to a collection agency. When I was notified of the pending funds that I was not previously aware of. I contacted Sprint with the information that was sent to me from the collection agency (Convergent) and no one there knows anything. I was told to fill out a fraud package and take to the precinct.

Sprint/Convergent is claiming that they cannot provide me with any information as to who opened the account nor can they give me a timeline as to when this account was opened HOWEVER they were able to provide me with a bill for $5197.75. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? They also sent a fraud package that I am unable to complete because they will not provide me with the necessary information to file a police report. PLEASE NOTE I WAS NOT PREVIOUSLY AWARE OF ANY ACCOUNTS WITH SPRINT. I do not have any accounts with Sprint.

#Sprint is SO TERRIBLE!!! Service SUCKS, customer service, SUCKS. EVERYTHING SUCKS!! Sprint. Dont be tricked by their "EVERYTHING/UNLIMITED PLAN"... Really it's EVERYTHING SUCKS PLAN!!! They slow down the data after so maybe bites to where you can even load anything anyway - And they tack on so many "UNLIMITED" charges that you end up paying TOO MUCH for TRASH SERVICE.

MY CALLS DROP ALL THE TIME!!! God forbid my car were to break down on the side of a road... I would be screwed because I can almost NEVER make calls if I'm not in a highly populated tower area. The service was so bad I could barely even talk to the representative!!! EVEN ON WIFI, my messages don't go through!! Not to mention their false advertising!! They do not care and are not willing to help!!! They just basically told me I have to pay for some representative's mistake! Just all around terrible. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH Sprint!! I will probably get ripped off somewhere else too, but I'll let some other company take my money!!

I have been with Sprint for many years but I am fed up with the horrible customer service. I used to be able to call and talk to a live person that spoke fluent English. Now, I call and can't get through to a live person (if I owe a balance on my bill). I've learned how to bypass the prompts to get to a customer service rep. I've asked on 3 occasions to speak with a supervisor and the reps actually hold me on the line, argue with me and do everything they can to prevent me from speaking with a supervisor. One rep told me I can't talk to a supervisor unless I paid my bill first. I was stunned. Another rep told me she wasn't trying to prevent me from speaking to a supervisor BUT...and she proceeded to distract me and do everything she could to not get a supervisor on the line. I sat on the phone arguing with these reps and begging for a supervisor and they refused.

I tried a third time and a rep, after me going completely off, put me on hold for 20 minutes and a supervisor finally came on the line. I told her that this entire situation is unacceptable. I said, "Why do I have to fuss and get rude to get a supervisor on the line to lodge a complaint? Utterly ridiculous!" I told her I was going to pay my bill and cancel my service. Sprint is horrible. I pay $300/month for 3 lines and can't even speak to a supervisor. It was a terrible idea to have their customer service department moved overseas. They can't speak clearly and barely know a word of English. It's like they are reading from a script and that's all they know. I'm so done!

I spent two days on the phone with Sprint being sent from one person to another person to another person (you get the point). Each person gave us another 'deal' and so, on and so, on - the 'deal' was exactly what is listed on their website, so it isn't a customer retention deal. It became so ridiculous on the second day - where the 'customer escalation' representative agreed to a final number and sent me over to sales to order the phone. Ms. Shyanne - said that she would confirm our conversation with the sales representative, which she did not do.

So, the process started all over again only to be told that Ms. Shyanne didn't know what she was talking about. I went down the crazy Sprint shuffle people around rod again... only to be told by Ms. Angela - also 'customer retention' that she was giving me a 'better deal'... which turned out to be exactly what is already offered on the website. Do I need this crap??? Sprint is the most worthless company ever!! After 15 years of loyalty... this is the 'reward' that you get. Unbelievable. Goodbye!!!

Worst cell phone carrier ever. Yes let's take legal action everyone in here. This is very alarming! They will falsely put me into collections and it's not right. They can not do this. It is definitely fraud. I'm getting jerked around lies after lies never getting resolved. Just signed up with Sprint March 10 2017. They quoted my monthly due of $150 then ending up being $180 first month. They took out $977.75 out of my checking and when they were only suppose to take out $780.30 to pay my iPhone off. Then they tell me I have to go to corporate store to pay off my phone once I get a refund back to my checking. Not only that they messed up my account on Sprint online. All charges does not make any sense. Just bunch charges.

When I got to corporate store one of the rep called customer service himself and he said he resolved it by crediting me $19.98 and don't have a bill till June. I said to him that it's going to put me one month behind. He said, "No you won't because it looks like they are double-charging you" as it show on online account $180 for March 9 to March 9 which I paid auto pay on April 2nd and 2nd bill for $155 from March 10 to April 9 on May 3rd. None of this make sense to me. He said to give about 3 to 4 days to clear and, "You won't see a charge for May 3rd until June 3rd."

When I went back to check my Sprint online account and all they changed was the credit of $19.98. But the dates are still the same and and my bill is still due for $914 May 3rd. So I went back to corporate store to get the bottom of this and this time it was another rep. The rep that helped me the other day wasn't there at the time. This rep also called customer service and she said they can't help me anymore. I have to call a team member from now on. I was fed up and furious.

So I called team member and I got a runaround. She's telling me one thing to another changing her story around several times. Not getting anywhere. So far they said I have a past due bill which is my iPhone when I originally wanted to pay off. How can they say I have a past due bill when my bill is not due till May 3rd. I told her to fix my account and not paying off my iPhone this time and I'll just put it back to normal with my monthly service charge. Because it doesn't look right and none of it make any sense. And she said she will only if I pay the monthly due today so that there won't be any interruption. I told her I'm on auto pay and it will come out automatically and if you take payment now I don't want to be double-charged. And she ensured me that it won't happened and that she said it will take 7 days to clear and go back to normal.

The next day I got email saying that they are taking out another payment after she taking out $134.55 of the payment. So I checked Sprint online account and it says I have a past due bill and if it's not paid it will be subject to collection activities which is for the amount for the iPhone. This is very alarming. They are attempting to ruin my credit. I need everyone to participate. Any volunteers?

My mother has had a Sprint account for many years and has never used it or maybe a few minutes a year only for emergencies. She has not used it at all in the past six months. She did not know how to cancel it so was paying $35.50 a month and asked me if I could cancel it for her. She is 91 years old and hard of hearing. I thought it would not be a problem. I was wrong! I spent three frustrating hours being put on hold, listening to lectures about company protocol and such, and at one time I was speaking to a woman in Manila named Sam. The mistake I made was I was using the company numbers on the bill she receives. I finally went online and dialed a number provided by a local Sprint store, and I might have gotten some success from a Monica in Kansas City.

Imagine... three hours of my time Monday the first of May wasted because Sprint could not solve a simple problem, They could see from the account activity that it was inactive! What the hell is their problem. I will never forget this. These people are on my list. Bowel cancer to all the executives at this phone company from hell.

I stop at a Sprint store in Seekonk, Massachusetts, to find out about their plan. I was told if I switch to Sprint they will give speakers and other thing plus a phone for 7.00 dollars. So after a while of being there they convinced me and I switched. I have been getting billed for stuff I did not want or need since the first month. So I call and after a long time I spoke to a supervisor. He told me he fix the problem. NOT TRUE. Month after same thing again and they have the worst customer service I have ever experience in my life. My advice to you is be very careful with this company, your bill it's never the same. They lie, they say they give you this and that and they will charge you for it. And by far the worst customer service in U.S.A. They lie to you and do not take responsibility. Not a good company. You will be sorry.

Since we signed up with Sprint in February 2017 it has been a nightmare to deal with. The sales rep misinformed and lied to us regarding the contract when she insisted to me there was no contract and offered me 5 lines saying that all were free even the two lines which did not need. She had said after the second billing our monthly rate would drop to roughly $115.00 per monthly. But it never did. I discovered for each line the charges were horrendous even on the 2 so called free lines and they are charging for each line $5 if we don't go on monthly bank draft when she had said it would be $10 the account and not each line. What a rip off. These people are open for a class action lawsuit.

I closed my account and moved to Verizon last fall after being a Sprint customer for years. I never had cell service at my home without their home internet cell tower. I have been getting charged $2.38 a month ever since I cancelled my account. Multiple calls to Sprint service and billing didn't resolve my issue and to avoid collections I paid the charges. I found their customer service to be appalling. I again spoke to a representative today who says he has corrected the problem. We will see...

The sales clerks at the Sprint store in Greer, S.C. lied about special deals just to make a sale on a phone. When I called customer service, they also lied and promised me credits for four months. This went on and finally a representative finally had the guts to tell me there was no such rebate or deal, that I had been lied to and they never made it right!!! Don't use Sprint!!!

I have been in the process for a few days now, trying to get my iPhone 6S Plus unlocked from Sprint. I paid off the remaining balance of my plan, and bought out the phone, paying over $400. Now the fun part is trying to get them to unlock my phone so I can use it with Verizon. 48 hours came and went, the phone is still locked to Sprint. I am stuck with selling my phone on eBay to be able to afford to buy a phone through Verizon. Sprint stole my money, and still tries to control the phone after I PURCHASED it.

Terrible customer service. They all have been giving me the runaround, and do not want to help me. The woman in the store even said, "This wouldn't of happened if you left". You will be forced into staying in your contract, and they will never unlock the phone even after YOU PURCHASE IT. Everyone that works for this company is incompetent, and will not help you.

Aside from the horrible experience I have been through, and the terrible customer serve, the phone's connection is no better. I am Extended X1 most places, and sometimes even on my college campus. Nothing is good about this company besides them being slightly cheaper. I'm switching to Verizon, and only going to be paying $10 extra a month. If you can spare paying a small amount more for better service, and a respectable company I would recommend Verizon, or ANYWHERE ELSE.

When I transferred to Sprint, I purchased phones under buy one get one. Each month I been continuously calling to get a credit for one phone as I am continuously being billed. Now, they are trying to deny the promotion and are saying I need to pay for the phone. Customer service is HORRIBLE. Each representative has its own story to address any issues. One of the biggest mistakes I made in my life was leaving Verizon. Can't wait to transfer back to much better customer service. No wonder no one recommends Sprint but I wanted to give them a chance. Mistake!

Sprint PCS Company Profile