Sprint PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Sprint has terrible coverage. Period. It is not 1% close. It seems more like 25% of what Verizon provides. The support is the worst and I was spending 1 hour a week dealing with issues. Sprint is just a poor service with a poor product and I regretted switching from Verizon 1.5 years ago.

I went in and wanted to buy a cell phone. I asked about the Samsung 8. I was told it wouldn't be out for a few days. They said if I took the 7 Edge I'd get it half off. I took the offer. It's been 3 months and still waiting for the discount. I was told by a representative by phone there was never a discount or offer like that. The salesman said it was his fault and his manager also have emailed their upper management. No one has gotten back to the store manager and my salesman. I'm looking for a class action lawsuit. I've been with them since 2004 and not my first time getting ripped off. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Amazing lack of ethics coming from Sprint upper management. Was told three different times (after being on hold and transferred around for a hour each time I called) that my paid off I6 was completely unlocked from the Sprint network. Not true, I was jammed up in emergency situations from a hurricane all week long helping the family, Sprint had a complete disregard and lack of empathy for FL hurricane victims, as they never unlocked my phone, hung up on my calls, and transferred me around. Had to contact Sprint 4 times before any results. Still had to wait three more days for the unlocking process to unfold which was absolutely unacceptable after being lied to and given so much misinformation by the associates working the call centers. Which always have long hold times and clients frequently get bounced around like ping-pong balls because the call center representatives are all under training.

When I went into the Sprint store (which are franchised business model meaning every store is on a different page) the owner of the Sprint Store at Largo Mall told me to call the 800 number and press 5 for immediate customer service. I called that number she gave me and the press 5 option was for Spanish speaking people. WOW. Do yourself a favor and don't ever use Sprint!

On July 26, 2017 Sprint offered me a promotion for a FREE tablet in appreciation of being with the company for several years. The representative stated that I would only be paying $4.00 upfront for service and to be reimbursed this amount every month. Not only was I (customer) to be given back the $4.00 but he explained that the service would be free up to a full year before paying the full amount approximately $40.00 every month following. After the first month I realized that I was being billed for what the representative had told me that I would not be paying for so I filled a complaint and asked if they would review the phone recording to justify the case.

They said that they would review the conversation and that I would be given a chance to review it as well but they did not. I was told that I was wrong and that nothing of the sort had happened. I was charged for the tablet's service and was expected to pay accordingly. I explained to them that I feel like I am being hustled and taken advantage of and that I suspected something fraudulent to be happening. The supervisor said that even though I was misinformed I could either send the tablet back or cancel my service. I was not expecting Sprint to handle the situation carelessly but I will no longer be using Sprint.

Been with Sprint maybe from 2003 or 2004... Now 2017 I finally gave up! It's a nightmare... A joke. No signal or on and off... So I switched T-Mobile. Customer service said I need to pay off cancellation through a corporate store so I took a taxi. When I arrived they said I can't do that. Called again the agent and they said "Oh yes we can do payment by phone but have to wait more than hour" and they said... "Oh sorry we have to wait till the bill generates???" Then when I called some agent said "Oh you don't need to pay anything" so I was shock and happy cause I thought they felt sorry for what they've done to me.

Then got an email few days later. Said I owed $300+... WTH? So I have to pay it and tell them what I'd encounter and the agent said "Ma'am I can give you $10 to ease the difficulties I encounter." Like seriously? That amount can't even pay the taxi. Are you guys that smart??? Please have this company shut down. It's a nightmare. Wasting my time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

I have been a loyal customer of Sprint along with my family for over 10 years, not the greatest service but we stayed because the company we work for offers discounts if we are with Sprint. I obtained a phone through Amazon for my brother who comes to the U.S. sporadically and needed a phone while he was here, he has since permanently relocated and left the U.S. I called and canceled the phone, but Surprise, it was not canceled. They continued to charge me, and in-fact what I did not know was they also charged me reconnecting fee. When I called, it took over 3 hours to finally speak to someone who may be able to help, and after being placed on hold several times, I was told I owe more than the plan that I had initially started. WHAT? please look into this, it doesn't sound right? I asked, but to NO avail.

My account being overcharged every month, it took me average 3-5 hours to deal with customer service after I had been transferring to few people before my billing is corrected, it would credited back but same thing has happened again following month, and month after month. I have to call back every month since I opened account with Sprint in Dec last year. I would pay for overcharge if I could not hold any longer. As of today, I have been on hold for over 3 hours after 4 times transferred and still on hold. No one could help to fix the problems until my contract is over then I can close it.

I was a Sprint customer since Dec 2015 till July 2017. My journey with Sprint was not smooth any time, they have given me hard time with my bills, over payment. Finally I decided to move out of the Sprint and I have made my final settlement with them 9 days from today. I would have called more than 10-20 times regarding my iPhone 7 plus device activation. Every time new customer rep answer my calls they try to activate my device and fail to do it and I am told new case is being created and escalated to tier 2. Every rep has done same case creation and say it’s being escalated and someone would call me back to follow up on the issues and but no one does.

Most annoying part is my calls are being disconnected after listening to the issue. Customer reps speaks in high tone and when I ask them to pass over call to their manager, even manager also does the same. If we are not paying the bills, they are moving our cases to collection team. If so, what are we suppose to do when Sprint is not supporting our concerns???

I have been with Sprint for approximately 2 years and this whole time have had nothing but issues. They say that they have coverage in every area, not even remotely true. I can be driving around town and near a satellite and my service will drop. My final straw was today when I went to make a payment on my account. I don't get bills anymore. They just send me a text stating I owe. The payments are never consistent. They change every month. I went into the automated system and attempted to make my payment and it kept disconnecting me and would transfer me to a live rep. When I spoke to the representative she stated that I had to make arrangements through the automated system. I spent an hour on the phone trying to make a payment and trying to get some service issues resolved. They are incompetent.

Finally a supervisor got on the phone and told me that I had to go to the automatic system and that they were going to charge me $36.00 to restore my service. I was 4 days past due. My phone which is the iPhone 7 Plus has had issues for months now and I took it to a Sprint location to see if they would replace it or fix it. Who knew that the insurance you pay for really is not insurance. They wanted me to pay a $200.00 deductible to send my phone back and to get me a new one and in the meantime I would not have a phone because they were going to have to ship it back. Customer Service is really lacking with Sprint. I was warned not to use them.

So for the last couple months my phone bill has been increasing every month. I call in to find out what's going on. So back in June my family and I went on vacation. We left 2 phones on the plans at home. We took our 2 main lines. When we got home our home had been burglarized. They took the 2 phone amongst other things. So I called Sprint on July 6th to inform them that the phones were stolen. They said they were going to suspended the phones. Ok that was easy right? WRONG. So I continue paying the bill.

About 2 weeks later I go in to put different phones on the account so I can use the lines. I go into a store for this. Mind you I tell them I want the numbers changed and the phones I had in hand to be put on the lines on my account. So we go through this process and I think ok now we are at least being able to use these lines. But mind you one phone would not take the SIM card so we only got one line working. Ok I can live with that. So I called after I get my bill because it was once again raised. They give me credit on my bill. Mind you I haven't been able to get on to my account. Something about a problem with their site. They said ok. They also said they would get my bill down to 350. I think it's still kinda high but ok.

I get my bill for this month. It's 425. I call again. Come to find out there are now 6 lines on my account. You and I am now dumb founded. Where did the 2 extra lines come from you may ask. Well you see when I called back on June 6th the phones were never deactivated so now I have 2 phones running around that I'm paying for every month so some random people can have service instead of putting my devices on the numbers that were on my account. To my knowledge at the time is deactivated we add 2 new lines that I never authorized to happen. I asked them for the date I signed saying that was ok. I told them not to worry. I would wait. Could not give it to me because it never happened.

So in the end I have 6 phone lines. 2 of them being used by God knows who because they were stolen back in June. So now I'm supposed to wait 7-10 days to talk to the fraud department for 1 line. They said the 2 lines were being used so that was not their fault. But if I reported them stolen they shouldn't have service to them. I told them today they need to get the service shut off. They told me but it wasn't the end of my billing cycle. I told them I didn't care. So after 6 hours on the phone the numbers that are supposed to be turned off are still on and are still being used by random people. I have to wait to talk to the department to fix one line that's not supposed to be on there. I'm going to have to fight the other one still apparently. I'm so exhausted I can't take it anymore. I will be contacting my cards and back to let them know Sprint does not have permission to take any money out.

I've been with Sprint for 10 years. During this time I've watched as their service level decreased and their prices increase. I used to have 6 lines my account, I've since lowed it to 4 lines but I still pay more than I did for 6 lines. When I call in and ask, I'm met with people who don't speak English primarily and don't understand what I'm saying and can't answer my question. Since I'm locked in my contracts, I can't leave but as soon as they're up, I'm gone. I've had enough of being ripped off by this scam of a company. Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else but to this company.

It took me a year and a half to write this review. I honestly thought I'd be over it by now but... I was a faithful customer of Sprint up until Feb. 2016. My wife was pregnant with my son and close to giving birth. Let me explain... I had previous problems with not having a reception where I previously lived and then where I eventually moved to. I contacted Sprint on several occasions about not being able to make or receive calls because of no reception. I eventually switched to wifi calling and I had a little better reception. Sprint promised me the problem would be rectified during previous complaints I made months before I finally gave up.

The final straw was when one night while working I was posted in an Xfinity wifi spot and I tried to go onto YouTube. My coworker was already flying through different social media and Google referenced sites. I on the other hand couldn't get my phone to work. I couldn't even go onto Sprint's network to contact them. I had to use my coworker's phone. The frustration was already at a point because I was missing overtime and other calls at home. I already had taken the phone to be looked at and they recommended an update when it was time. Updates came and went and I had the same issues up until this final incident.

Now when I see these commercials with the prior Verizon spokesman saying that Sprint is within 1% of other networks I felt like I had to send a review to someone. This issue with Sprint is very common and I had friends that said not to get Sprint. I mentioned my wife being pregnant. I work overnight on the street in law enforcement and I shouldn't have to wait for my HQ to be contacted then I'm contacted via radio that my wife is in labor while I have a cell phone. I shouldn't have to borrow someone else's phone when I have my own.

When I called Sprint from my new provider's store and I asked specific questions making them aware I was switching providers, the customer service rep gave me false information like telling me I didn't owe anything on my phones just for several weeks later I received a letter saying I owed 1000$ for the phones. I was pissed! I'm done with Sprint and I will never used them as a provider again. I will tell anyone not to be fooled by their commercials or deals they offer.

Cell phones are vital nowadays and for me to be in the middle of Philadelphia not knowing if I'd receive a call for a child's birth, when I'm lied to on multiple occasions, when I'm charged for services that I'm not getting, and when now with AT&T I've had no issues it tells me that Sprint's service just isn't that good, they don't care about the customer's concerns. This is the second time I used Sprint with almost the same result. They need to be stopped. Thank you.

I have a business account with Sprint for an emergency line for residential complex use. Service was disconnected because the account was "over spending limit" as if it's a credit card. It's at the point in the month, where the bill has not even arrived, let alone due. Contacted Sprint and got bounced around to at least 10 reps, who basically said, it wasn't their department. After 50 minutes on the phone "Alex" said they will not connect my line back unless I pay the 100 dollars that it went over.

Explained to them that the bill is not due and we have not received, but since it's a business account, we need to cut a check. At any rate, they will not connect it back, and at the same time, we had a flood in the building, and no one could contact the superintendent because the line was disconnected. This is now causing thousands of dollars in damages because it could not be alerted to cut the water off thanks to Sprint. Cancelled Service today, and moving my other 25 lines out of Sprint. Extremely unprofessional, and quite pitiful.

Horrible horrible horrible service! I'm writing this review while I'm standing in line at Sprint waiting so I can get this crappy service shut off! They are always super slow here too so I got all day to write this review and I don't even know where to begin! First they lied about my monthly bill which should of been 40. That's what they quoted me for! But I ended up paying 55 a month, rip off! Then I got this POS phone from them that broke within 2 months. I even had a warranty and they try saying it was water damage but the strip was intact and I took it to Device Doctors and they said there was no water damage. They are liars, scammers and thieves! Don't go to them. Go anywhere else but here.

Had 3 phones. Bought myself out of contract. Turned in phone. Now they are saying I never turned it in. Total bs. I handed it in at the store. I have no proof. Now I'm being charged for it. I have. Been a Sprint customer for 15 years. I'm done. I hate Sprint. They nickel and dime you to death. When my lease is over I'm DONE. Buh-Bye Sprint. One unhappy customer.

Please do not purchase through Sprint. Save yourself the money and aggravation. They lie, and charge more than they claim. Customer service is a nightmare. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Sprint: you are the biggest scam artists. I plan to report your shady practices and scamming to every possible website and committee I can find. Every time I call I get transferred to someone else who either doesn't understand my standard English, transfers me again to someone else who claims they will transfer me to the "correct" department, before being hung up on. Every representative has a different story, promising things that the next employee says is "impossible" and "against policy" and "could never have been said". This is the shadiest company that scams people out of their hard earned money and sanity in the process.

They withdrew over $2,000 dollars from my bank account without permission or notice of withdraw due to a dispute they felt entitled to just take. This is a closed account and they withdrew the money. That's how despicable they are. I have pages of documentation from people I have been transferred to. There is no supervisor or person at the top that you can speak with to correct conflicting information; just an endless circle of being transferred, lied to and eventually hung up on.

I called. The first two reps understood the problem and promised to get it fixed. They couldn't fix it so I was transferred to a different rep who said it was my fault and that I misunderstood what they meant. The one after that said the same thing. Sprint told me one thing to switch and then changed the whole agreement we had. They are crooks and liars. Wish I could get out of the contract with them.

I was about to switch providers in 2015 when Sprint announced the new Spark network with spotless coverage over the LA and OC areas. So I decided to stay with Sprint. While my data service was better, I still only had 4G in certain areas, and definitely not anywhere near where I lived. Even the Sprint stores in Garden Grove had to close because there was no 4G to demo!!! And now, I barely even get 3G here and have to literally pull the Verizon (turned Sprint) guy "can you hear me now" while walking around to get clearer call quality. I feel like we were all duped by this fraud of a business and should be refunded for at least the data portion of our bills over the last two years.

Prior to June 2017, I had 3 phones on my Sprint account. (My own phone, my son's phone and my mother-in-law's phone.) In June, my mother-in-law moved to my husband's Verizon account due to poor cell service. I called Sprint and let them know that her phone was canceled and that I wanted to return her phone for a $175.00 credit. I paid the contract off since it was canceled 1 year early and was told that once the phone was received the credit would be issued. More than 2 months of phone calls and a month after the phone was received by the warehouse, I was told that the phone I returned did not match the contract. I was then transferred to a supervisor who told me that I could not get a credit due to this.

I repeated many times that the phone # I was paying prior to June and the phone I returned were the same one. I explained that the paperwork/contract was incorrect. The supervisor said the only way to get a credit was to return a phone that my son currently uses that is attached to a different phone #. There are no words to describe my frustration for this company. Clearly I will be reading my contracts more carefully to ensure the local stores do their jobs correctly. The supervisor then said I could do the buyback program which made me laugh since the iPhone 4S was worth nothing. Which is exactly why the service was canceled and the phone was returned. Terrible customer service. And a brilliant way for Sprint to make $175.00 and to piss off a loyal customer.

Sprint just charged me $621.72 on my debit card yesterday without my consent and that gave me a negative balance. I don't have that kind of money. I can't even purchase my diabetic medication because now I have a negative balance. Sprint says they'll take your money out of whatever you have connected to your account (bank/credit/debit card) and I find that beyond disgusting especially when you're waiting to get paid to pay on it or pay it off when you're ready. Sprint is worth Billions of dollars yet they're scamming in our personal accounts and taking payments without our consent, and without a warning. I don't care if you say it's a part of the deal, that's still illegal. Please contact your cards to report fraudulent use and turn your card off for a new one if they took money out without consent. BE CAREFUL! DO NOT USE SPRINT!

If you're reading this review do not put your service with Sprint. In the store they will tell you whatever to sell you phones and their service. They will take your old phones, give you a credit towards your monthly phone purchase and then your bill will never match with the services they were sold you. You'll call 100 times, speak to people in other countries who can't speak English only to be told sorry there's nothing they can do. Basically they can charge you whatever they want and do whatever they want because they are not accountable to anyone. Class action waiting to happen. They are extremely deceitful in their business practices! Stay clear!!!

Attempted to return our phones and cancel service on day 13 and day 14. Took our phones to two stores in Clarksville TN on 9/2/2017 between 5:30 and 6pm. One store was a corporate store. They both refused to honor the 14 day guarantee! Informed us to return our phones to the store that we purchased the from, so I called customer service. They informed me to do the same and stated that they couldn't do send a return kit because apparently we had to pay the bill (we didn't even have the phones a month, we paid out of pocket deposit, activation fee and taxes!).

The next day on 9/3/2017 attempted to return the phones at the original purchase location. They too refused to accept them because we ported out our numbers. I called customer care and they didn't explained to the representative that porting our numbers had nothing to do with the 14 day guarantee and that they should take the phones however they refused! I was transferred to another department, was informed that they would send a return kit. However an hour later I received an email about us owing the lease agreement, so I'm not sure if we will even receive the return kit or our money back! I plan to contact the credit bureaus and inform them of all of this. I'm beyond upset. Please STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!

When I took possession of my first iPhone 6S Plus, the device rebooted to its APPLE menu screen and hung. In that same hour, I returned to the Sprint Store. The Sales Associate and Tech supported, examined and immediately replaced the device with another new iPhone. When I "last" saw the first iPhone, the Tech tossed it to his work station and the phone bounced on the floor. In the present: Talking with Sprint CSR (an individual with a heavy accent), the CSR declared I had the wrong phone iPhone. I was financially responsible for the original "first" iPhone. My current replacement iPhone wasn't authorized. Even though Sprint provisioned this specific device. I pay a monthly fee for it. And, use this iPhone daily.

Speak to a supervisor, your call will drop first. Call back? Sure, and start the conversation again? No way!!! The matter is now before Sprint Executive review to determine if the replacement iPhone is authorized. If it's not authorized, then what? And, how to recover the 1st iPhone my local Sprint Store took back more than a year ago. And, should the 1st iPhone be active, does this imply someone else also has an unauthorized iPhone? I can't return the "expected" leased device.

Horrible company! When we joined Sprint, they were supposed to pay the last 3 months of my T- Mobile contract. They told me I had to pay T-Mobile and they would reimburse me. It took them SIX MONTHS of losing paperwork and 3 trips (1 hour round trip each time) to finally get "reimbursed"- it turned out to be a Visa card that charged you every time you used it and was only good for 3 months! My son was in the hospital with Leukemia and was unable to use his immediately so his $100 Visa care was worthless. Also when we signed up, I submitted proof my husband is 100% disabled vet to them 4 times and when they finally got their act together to give him the discount, they would not give him credit for the 6 months we waited for them to get their act together and get our account straight.

We bought phones from them = BIG MISTAKE! That too was chaotic, but the biggest irritant was the fact that Sprint does NOT continue to give you a veteran discount unless you reapply every 3 months by going to their website each time and verifying with them! REALLY?! My husband is 100% disabled per the VA and they do not require him to verify he is disabled every three months and if the VA can trust my husband to be disabled, why can't Sprint? Just another way of stealing money from you. They charge for statements and send annoying mail to your phone. Try blocking them and they still keep coming... VERY unhappy with this company and currently looking for another carrier who will reach our area without the dead spaces which is what we have with Sprint. Giving them a rating of 1 because I cannot go any lower.

I left the country in March to move back overseas after having a contract and phone lease which I brought out, (there was no outstanding debts or payments on the account which was fully closed). Upon leaving I asked that the phone be both domestically and internationally unlock to which I was told by Sprint that it had been. Upon arriving back to the UK my phone worked to which I thought that Sprint had actually kept to their word despite all the awful reviews they have.

My early optimism was wrong. Upon returning to the USA in August to work for a few months I went to get a new prepaid sim card for MY iPhone, that I brought and own from Sprint. Upon placing the new prepaid sim card it was evident that sprint had not unlocked the phone domestically like they had assured me. I then called their customer service from the new carrier's stores to have them assure me it will be done in 24-48 hours.

That was on August 13th. It is now September 1st, and 16 phone calls/internet conversations and in store conversations, I am still waiting for my phone to be unlocked and Sprint's activation policy to be removed from MY cell phone so that I can use this new Sim card. I have lost thousands in business, probably about 24 hours of inconvenience/frustration trying to deal with this EXTREMELY unprofessional company and my patience with a company that has no pride in its customer service.

It is clear from other individuals reports and complaints that this is something they do not resolve for customers, which is illegal and should be punished. I have purchased the device outright so should have access to be able to use on any network I feel is best for myself as a consumer. Safe to say I will never return to Sprint or advise anyone to switch to them.

I switched to Sprint. They said they would buy out my phones from T-Mobile. Well they switched me, took my six-month old Iphones and never paid me the 950. For them I have been told several time that it would get taken care of. Never happens even left messages for district mgr Cammy **. Nothing happens! If anyone has had this happen let's get together for class action suit.

Those who turned in their Note 7 due to the recall cannot pre-order the Note 8 until we have our present phone (the one we were forced to choose because the Note 7 was recalled) for 12 months. It is very unfair that those who did not go through the Note 7 fiasco can pre-order but those of us who did are not getting first crack at the Note 8. I called Sprint twice. I went to the store once and the story is the same, either pay off the installment (pay for the entire phone) or wait until October when you can then trade in the phone for the Note 8. Why can't be trade it in now? I've had enough.

I wish I cold post NEGATIVE Stars. One star is too many for Sprint. I mistakenly made the switch over a year ago. My bill has been wrong EVERY MONTH. Each month I call the customer service line, which by the way is near impossible to get a live person. When I do get someone, they speak very poor broken English. Each month, after spending over an hour on the phone, I am told that they will fix my bill, and issue a credit. Sometimes the credit doesn't get issued, and I have to make a second phone call. (By the way, I have never once gotten the same person twice, and when I ask for the person I spoke with last month, I am told that is not possible.)

This month, August 2017, I have made 4 phone calls and 2 trips to the local store. I am now being told, after a year, that I am not eligible for the deal they supposedly gave me when I signed up. I paid my August bill, same amount that I have been paying for over a year, and my bill currently shows PAST DUE balance of over $600.00. I am getting emails and texts telling me that my service is going to be disrupted if I do not pay my past due balance. I wish I had found this site and read the reviews before I made the switch. I HOPE EVERYONE READS THIS BEFORE THEY SWITCH TO SPRINT... DON'T DO IT!!!

I have been a customer for over 17 years. I started in 2000 when it was Sprint/Nextel. At one point had 3 lines. I added my 76 year old mother on my plan due to health reasons she passed away March 24, it took Sprint 2 months to finally disconnect services after being told numerous times it had been. Sprint acknowledge receipt of death certificate in March. Because I just added my mom in September 2016 I was appreciative they cancelled line with no penalty. I lived out of state and had no way to locate phone and return it. By the time I could get back to SC, I realized it had been stolen from hospital, I contacted Sprint and informed them I was also receiving death text from whoever had the phone.

After numerous calls to Sprint I was informed I would be charged for the phone. So disappointed in this. I ask if this could be waived after speaking with several Sprint staff. I was given an COLD answer and response ‘NO!' I switched to Verizon the very next day!! I am not one to post bad reviews however as soon as I have a chance I plan too. Unbelievably sad I had to leave the Sprint Family!!! After so many years whoever receives this text needs to pass this to the Executives of Sprint Poorest customer service Ever!

They also just withdrew 748.00 from my account with no communication at all. I never authorized this, which has caused me a financial hardship, overdrafts. Please don't answer by saying I'm responsible. I never received any communication this was going to happen. Unbelievable. I will make it my mission to give Sprint a bad review in any way I can. There is no such thing as customer service anymore by Sprint doing the right thing. So sad and so harsh. You have no idea what hardship you have caused me. Over 17 years they received over $60,000 from me and they will not refund $748. I did not authorize them to deduct from my account. Never again.

This may be the company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have been with the Sprint for 7+ years and it has gotten worse over the years. I called regarding numerous billing errors that started to occur in March 2017 and kept getting the runaround. I called every month to try and get it resolved and after 5 months not only did the billing not get correct, they sent me bill with additional errors. They have bad cellular service and worst customer service and at the end I was paying as much as if I was with Verizon... so since that was the case, I just moved my business over to Verizon. I advise you to enter into business with Sprint at your own risk.

Sprint PCS Company Profile