Sprint Reviews

Sprint
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have been with Sprint since November 2019. Before I choose Sprint, I shopped and researched around for about 2 weeks. Sprint has the best coverage, deals, policies and customer care. I wanted the new iPhone devices. I currently lease 2 iPhone 11(s) for 20$ per device plus my monthly plan that is 45$ for 2 lines. The plan comes with unlimited Talk, Text & Data. Also, has Hulu, international calling, mobile hotspot 500MB and 5GB of data in Canada & Mexico. For both devices I also have Insurance for loss, protection and damage, you can research the details. It is very affordable. I will receive an upgrade for both devices in a few months, which will cost me little to no charge. Whenever I have any inquiries/questions Sprint has a very knowledgeable, understanding, stellar and impeccable representatives/customer care. I would highly recommend Sprint to my Family and my Friends.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I signed up for Sprint Unlimited Premium for $70/mnth w/ $5 autopay discount recently. Below is my brief experience with the process. Moving from AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan (unlimited talk/data, but limited txt messages and no hotspots) with an employer discount that came out roughly the same price. AT&T was my first cell carrier and I never tried any other carrier. Been with them roughly 20yrs. Porting my number was a new experience.

The signup process was pretty painful. Although my current iPhone 8 plus is unlocked thru AT&T GSM, it's not cross compatible with CDMA. So went thru the extra hassle of buying a used phone on eBay that could handle both signals. Found one in excellent condition and a better battery life. Will be selling mine for roughly the same price. The next step was painful/lot of work as I couldn't signup thru the website. Had to call. Spoke to someone who appeared to be overseas due to his thick accent and his phone connection was terrible. Lot of static background noise and I could hear myself echo thru his headset.

Managed to get a SIM Card and activation without extra cost. Took about 2 business days to get SIM Card. I want to say total phone conversation between two different days was 1 1/2-2hrs probably including waiting for someone to answer/on hold while they inputted my info. Near the end of the call, he really tried selling me the additional insurance plan that would cover any damages/replacement of my phone. I had to refuse at least 6xs.

Haven't really had an opportunity to test signal while driving due to COVID-19, but have experienced a brief dead zone near where I live (I live in Central Florida/Orlando). Too early to tell whether moving to Sprint was worth it or a mistake. When COVID-19 subsides and we can commute to work/school again, I will be heavy on data. I like to stream music/howard stern on Sirius App. So will be disappointed if I experience a lot of data drops and will revisit with a better review once I can test.

$300 giftcard is nice and hope it actually happens. Extra bonus points for getting Amazon Prime as my membership just expired before I moved. And additional bonus points for Tidal and Hulu. I'm hoping with Sprints merger with TMobile that they will provide good service / jump on the 5g bandwagon fairly soon...and not ditch the prime membership. Also, when I activated my phone, it was stuck on 3G. I had to do some tinkering/self google troubleshooting to get it on LTE. Glad I didn't have to call customer service and managed to self resolve.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I went into this location expecting to have to purchase a new phone thinking mine had died and I hadn't had it that long. I spoke to Wilford and explained my phone would not charge. He assessed the situation and said all I needed was a new charger and cable. I realty appreciated his honesty he could have sold me a new phone that I didn't need and never would have been the wiser and i couldn't afford right now. Thanks for hiring people with integrity.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I complain often of poor service, lack of bars, when I'm standing next to my wife w/ same service and she had an older phone. It has been going on for the last few phones. I often find while roaming some app decides it's a good time to update then I can't even make a call. I have had no service at all and the answer is to restart my phone?? Are you kidding me. I live 20 min north of Boston within 5 miles of I95 NOT A HARD PLACE TO GET RECEPTION. I have call many many times often I get a discount on my bill. I would prefer a phone that actually works and that I don't have to put effort into to keep working. I wish I never left Verizon.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We bought our phones, we were unable to get a receipt to show we purchased them. First I was told it would show on our next bill. Nope. Then I was told that it would be in my inbox in 3-5 days. Nope. Then I was told I had to call, then told that I had to go into the store, and told again to message Sprint. The first "customer care" agent stopped the conversation. I was being kind and very patient. I just told her I wanted the receipt today and that I was not going to wait 3-5 days for it to come in my inbox again. Got a hold of someone else who gave me to a supervisor, who didn't get me what I needed. Seriously, a simple receipt. I wasn't asking for them to perform open heart surgery. Just a receipt showing I paid for my phone. Something they are REQUIRED BY LAW to give, and they say their system won't let them? Please, stay away from sprint, unless you have lots of time to waste and money.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 28, 2020

Been with Sprint for 19 years, have had my share of ups and downs with them. But the last was I got two tablets for free and only had to pay for the service. First couple of months no problem then Bam!! I was being charged the full price of the tablets. This was 10-2018. 04 2019 I had to pay an extra couple of hundred to get out of the contract with the tablets. Now after I had spent 19 years and owe them nothing I am expected to give them a deposit of 650 to continue service with the new T-Mobile. I'm done and as of the fourth of next month I am running so fast from this company!!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I am a customer of Sprint and will never be again their customer and will never recommend anyone to be their customer. I stopped a lookout premium subscription after one month of trail and trusted that everything will be fine and I had autopay in place. Somehow they kept on charging for these subscriptions from my account and when I asked for a refund the customer service was bargaining with me that they will refund $60 or so whereas they deducted $440 over the course of 8 months. This was in my view a theft without telling me they were taking out money from my account. This is by far the worst experience I had. When I wanted to cancel my subscription due to their mistake and bad service they want me charge for the cancellation and remaining time of the contract. Horrible experience.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I swear Sprint has the dumbest people working for them. How do you accidentally disconnect someone's line when you're calling in to change your phone number. I've called and spoke to more than 4 people. Yet no one can transfer me to a manager or someone that knows what they're doing. ** IDIOTS. I've been with the company for so long and still have issues every time. Worst customer service. By the way forced to select a star in order to submit, pathetic.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 24, 2020

My husband purchased 2 Iphones from Sprint a few months back and last month he passed, I called company and told them and they said don't worry they won't charge me for his and I told them I wanted to continue coverage with them they said ok but to call back when I get the death certificate. I sent them proof that he died and they said ok, I wanted to pay but they insist on charging me for his and don't have any record of them telling me they would forgo his...What a way to treat a customer! Bottom line don't die and they WILL give the next of kin a HARD TIME since they don't care...they lie and just want the money!! Go any place else but here to Sprint! Buyer Beware! Read Reviews, people don't post unless their really happy or really angry!! They lost a good customer and left me without a phone after my husband died and NO ONE could get a hold of me for days until I was able to sign on with another GOOD company!!

Sprint Company Information