2.82/5
Based on 3,303 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

6143 Sprint Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I have been a Sprint customer since I got my first cell phone [probably 12 years ago, though they tell me I've only been with them for 8 years]. Tonight, I called to cancel one of my two lines, because my husband passed away, and doesn't need a phone anymore. I asked about a cheaper plan...I own my own phone, don't want any other devices, etc.

After being passed through 4 levels of 'customer service' who all tried to 'give' me a 'free' tablet that would cost me $10+ every month for 24 months - which I was only able to figure out after intensely questioning the various representatives, and having to correct them multiple times on which number I wished to cancel and which one I wanted to keep, I finally was passed to a rep who took the particulars on date of death, etc., and was told their back office would be contacting me with further information, but it would be 35 days before the line would be cancelled. This entire process wasted an hour and 15 minutes of my time. As soon as I get the extra line 'officially' cancelled, you can bet that I will be taking my business elsewhere. I think maybe my state's Attorney General will be getting a note about deceptive sales practices, too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I would give Sprint 0 stars if that was an option. I was with Sprint for about 9 years and they have caused me nothing but stress! I always got sucked into their lease plans and they screwed me every time! I have read through the reviews here and I have had the exact same experience. I switched to Verizon and could not be happier. However, I am still fighting Sprint. Our lease was done with Sprint and even paid extra to go month to month until I figured out what we were going to do. I was told I could walk away at any time. Well they won’t accept one of our phones back because it has a crack in screen. The crack is so small you cannot even see it unless you look with a magnifying glass. I had insurance on these phones but they said because I switched carriers we can’t use it now.

So I am buying the phone just to be done with it. Sent other phone backs today and tonight noticed I had another $300 charge on my bill. We cut our service off about 2-1/2 weeks ago. I have been told two different things by the stores and customer service department. I asked for the legal department today or someone I could talk to that was higher up and they refused to transfer me. I am not paying them another dime and I’m checking on what legally if there is anything I can do because my contract had been meant. I noticed someone else had said in their review they were wanting to hold Sprint accountable as well. Like I said before I am trying to figure it out. If anyone reads this and has suggestions please respond! If you”re reading this to try to figure out to go with Sprint please run!! So glad I switched to Verizon!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Sprint is an awful company. Customer service is the worst and you can never speak to anyone twice. Forget about the next person you talk to knowing anything that's going on from previous calls. They don't take proper notes for your account. I was a customer for 12 years. When I spoke to escalation department they told me my issues were resolved. Pay x amount and they will waive the other fees, they even took that payment from my card on file! Now they sent me to collections. Spend the extra money and go to a different carrier.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

30 day Satisfaction Guarantee means NADA. Or that you'll have a full time job trying to actually get rid of Sprint. We switched from Verizon to Sprint for the better prices. What a mistake, no service in our own home or neighborhood. Dropped calls all over the city. Now, I still have a bill for over $124 and it has not zeroed out & shows past due. I am frankly very upset that it has taken this long, when they have an advertised 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. What does that mean exactly? That you have to fight not to pay for something you didn't get?

Obviously, we were very dissatisfied, to say the least. We were customers five years ago and got bad service then, we were assured it was better now, only to find out the store employees don't know the Data map from the Voice Coverage Map. The talk Airaves and Magic boxes that we were told conflicting info about rather they even still exist or work at all for voice calls. Was told to use WIFI to make calls from my own home. Why do I need voice service then, my WIFI is AT&T. I've have spent the better part of a month trying to clear the balance from this account after Sprint service absolutely did not work in our area. The back and forth volleying from the store to the customer service department on who needs to take care of this, is beyond ridiculous.

I've had a Cust Service Rep "Robin" call me at home @ 8:45pm and again at 9 pm EST, well after the my local store was closed, pretending to try to help me. His answer was to tell me he need to contact the store on my behalf, only the store was closed already both days. Robin assured me again he would contact them the following day, only for Robin to call back on 08/08/19 at 5:49EST and not leave a message as to why he called and to find out he still hadn't contacted the store. So he made two random phone calls, without any solution, or even to leave a clear message. So days later, the account is still showing a balance. I can't be available constantly for Sprint to randomly call me. Obviously Robin did not take care of my balance, as it's still showing.

All five of my devices were returned to the store, within 10 days, after being told to take them back by two different cust services reps @ Sprint over the first two days, because our tower doesn't work near us. We were then asked to wait a couple of days by the purchasing store manager, so he could work on fixing the tower issues, only to find we didn't get good service all over our city and surrounding cities on any of our three different devices. The manager also mentioned that they'd been having issues with Tech on three of our five devices they sold us. This manager never did call me back. Though after calling him finally, he now claims he had the tower issues fixed and called did call me back. I didn't ever get a call, and I waited four more days before returning the devices.

A total of 10 days of crappy service, that went beyond the tower in our area. Now he doesn't really know if the tower issues are fixed. I told him to take a drive through our neighborhood with a Sprint phone and he'll find out soon enough. One of our devices was never actually activated on account, because of the bad service. The phones were proven to have arrived at Sprint's warehouse on July 31st, & even though I have the ID numbers for those returns, the Order Support Rep I was talking to is denying the returns of three of the five.

Over a month of calls and dealing with this charade of misinformation and miscommunications is so crazy. It's been like a full time job and the "Robin" Sprint Rep actually sent me a follow up e-mail where he actually lied about trying to get a hold of me several times, but when he did finally call me, he still had no resolution to the balance issue. What the heck? I thought maybe when we hit the 30 days from opening the acct it would finally clear the acct, but alas no it's still there! Will never deal with Sprint again. I'll pay the extra for Verizon service and customer reps that are mostly in the US!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had service through them for at least 5 years and always paid my bills on time. I had an issue that they wouldn't resolve involving a tablet that was pushed onto me by a sales associate. I didn't want it and after them going to talk to their boss 4 different times they said, "Ok we will get this tablet as a gift with your subscription." Long story short tablet was stolen 2 weeks later and I called right away to get it taken care of in which I was told there was no insurance on it which I requested. Last October I called to get squared up with them after leaving them and they told me I was all good. I just had my credit ran and I have a 0$ balance but it still is showing on my credit report. I called to figure what was going on and they charged me another 174 dollars the next month after I was told everything was good on my end. Blooming Crooks at that place!!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Sprint is the worse company you can go with. They are leeches and will take as much money as they can. Customer service is horrible and no help at all. I wish I never spent 600 to just to try them for one month.

Sprint Company Information