Sprint PCS
1.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 770 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sprint PCS

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 23, 2018

5090 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

When signing up with Sprint at the store, we had advised that one of the two numbers was to be temporary as we wanted to move a phone number to this new account. It took almost TWO months to fix that. We were then offered another plan that would save us money. We were not given full detail of that plan, even though I asked the rep repeated questions about other charges. Now my bill has gone up 107.00! This plan was supposed to start in December of 2017 and we were to receive a 106.00 credit. The plan has not taken effect yet and the credit was never provided. When calling back on this issue a THIRD time and trying to speak with a supervisor, I had to ask repeatedly for that. Upon finally getting a supervisor, I am now being refused the credit and Sprint is unwilling to help in any way with this nightmare. On top of that, I would have to speak with another department. As far as I'm concerned, giving Sprint a single star is quite generous!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have had Sprint for many years. I always knew that their cell service was not the best but it was adequate for me. All that changed two months ago. I called Sprint to see what was the pay off of my three lease Sprint phones was going to be, I was informed that the monthly payments was to lease the phones that wasn't being applied to paying off the phones.

I informed the young lady this is not what I signed up for, I was informed that the monthly fee was being applied to pay off the phones, I was told that I would have to pay $500 for the remaining contract and a additional $1000 to purchase the phones, but I could avoid this if I would just simply sign up for other plan, when I stated that I wasn't interested, then all of sudden I saw my bill go from $250 a month to $500. So instead of paying for one bill a month, I was being charged two bills in a single month and told it was due to the billing cycle. Every single time I ask for a final pay off, the prices kept changing.

My other two problems with them is that I have tried to cancel an additional line that we don't used, and remove a data plan on another line, to reduce our monthly bill since no one in my family was using it, and I am still being charged for the additional services. I also asked that I would like to port my phone numbers over to a new carrier, I was informed that it would cost other $1000 and that they couldn't guarantee that it would worked. This is a form of extortion. And now that I am at the end of my contract I also can't get into my online account, which was something I was able to do until I informed them that I wanted to leave. I am really disappointed in how they treat their current customers. Is there anyone that can help me with this mess.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

This place is a JOKE. Went to the Sprint store to get a phone with them. Wanted a REFURM phone. They said I couldn't process the order in the store... Great customer service. Then did it online like the store told me to. The website was not loading my info. Didn't go anywhere. Then called the 800. The took all my info, SS#, address, phone #, etc. Excellent credit. They said I need to go to the store to provide proof of ID with 2 forms of identification... WTF. ** operation.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Unless you are a current customer with zero problems and satisfied with their network - STAY AWAY from Sprint. Many many years ago, I was a Sprint customer. I had an issue getting a problem resolved. But being a large corporate account, my company took care of getting to a resolution. Took a bit, but it was finally resolved. My company changed carriers shortly thereafter to AT&T. No problems at all during the many years with AT&T. I left the employer in December of 2017. My family was on Verizon. Very expensive plan. Decided to consolidate. Sprint had an attractive plan and iPhone X promotion. I signed up on December 1. Told them if I took it home and did not like the network reception, I want to be able to return it. They said return within 14 day Satisfaction Guarantee Period, it would be like nothing ever happened. I am sorry I trusted that statement.

I got the phone home and I received 1 bar of strength, call drops, static, poor data rates. Same with Wi-Fi calling that was recommended by the store. I returned the phone on 12/11/17 - day 11 of 14. I have a receipt. Sprint CS sees it in the records that it was returned. Sprint CS sees in the records that their warehouse received it on 12/27/17. So instead of a zero dollar bill, in January I was charged for 1 month service AND the phone = $1,059.99. I called immediately. Was told to give it 5 days and the account would be zero. Not so on 1/8/18. Called and had to ask for a supervisor - or at least someone who says they are a "supervisor". Got 1st Interaction #. Said they would submit a dispute case. Said resolved by 1/10/18. Checked back a few days later to give them some slack - not resolved. Another "supervisor" said it would be resolved. Told it would not be sent to collections or reported to the credit agencies.

Got another email telling me I was passed due. Called back on 1/22. One person slipped and said it was in collections! Not stopping now, I went through an hour of being placed on hold. Finally, they said a supervisor would call me back. They finally did in about 2 hours. Another interaction # and said to hold for a supervisor who could resolve the problem. Their solution = transfer me from their CS center in Southeast Asia back to a retail store in the US and not even the one that sold me the phone. The store answered and had no idea why I was transferred. BTW, Sprint does not own retail stores. They are independent agents. They cannot fix your problems.

So back to calling Sprint CS. I go through several agents and "supervisors" and was placed on hold for long periods of time. They then needed to transfer me to the "Resolution" department. Guess what, the "Resolution" group can't resolve the problem. They must write up another dispute case. Another Interaction #, many "sorry for the inconvenience" scripted statements later and then a case number. Said that it should be resolved in 3-5 days. The agent in "resolution" has promised to call me on 1/28 to follow up. We will see if the commitments are met or once more a commitment is not kept. I am sorry I did not check the reviews of Sprint customer service as I hope any reader this article will do. I am not alone. Be forewarned.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I chatted online with a Sprint rep on 10/10/17. I changed my phone plans to unlimited and was quoted $147 before taxes for the three phones on my plan. I then received a bill for over $200. I have called numerous times requesting the transcript and it is mysteriously unavailable. The numerous phone calls I've had have gotten nowhere and have offered no resolution. After 13 years with Sprint, I'm more than ready to leave.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Disabled veteran. Was with Sprint 5 years. Went on vacation overseas in September and they couldn't get service to work. Service barely spoke English. Canceled device to T-Mobile in October when I returned. In January still getting bills for service. Cleared up remaining bill in December. They reinstated service on no phone and refused to correct bill. Am going through PSC in my state to rectify. Expensive, customer service lies, rip off.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

So after what I thought to be crossing every "T" and dotting every "I" - I switched from Verizon to Sprint - let me tell you the service is NOT the same - not even close! Last straw was when I had a client hang up on me twice because he couldn't "hear me". I cant lose business - business is money - so then now that I am not staying during my "60 day" turnback period - they "will not cost you anything" is ending up costing me over $700.00!!! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I had Sprint for many years. I always knew that their cell service was not the best but it was adequate for me. All that changed seven months ago. The agent at the Sprint store made a mistake when I turned two phones in at the end of a lease. As a result I was billed $1000. It took me two months to correct Sprint's mistake. I was rudely treated by customer service - treated as if I were a felon trying to steal from them. When the problem was finally resolved (no apology for the mistake) they has my account so fouled up it was unbelievable. I tried for months to get them to explain why my bill after turning in two phones was inexplicably high without any success. If they can't explain it something must be wrong.

I went to another carrier (much improved service) and have now spent almost 60 days trying to get a final bill out of them although they were dunning me by email. They said they could not even send me a bill by email and it took them two weeks to send me the wrong bill by snail mail. (Couldn't access my acct on the net because they insisted on sending me a verification code at a cell number that hadn't been used in two years and after the phone was turned in. A product of Sprint's original mistake. The worst customer service I have ever been subjected to. The "agents" apparently are trained not to listen and to change the subject. At least that's what they did to me. I thank God that I will never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On 11-3-2017 I went into my local Sprint store to get service. They explained that if I didn’t like the service I had 30 days to return the phone and cancel. On Thanksgiving the phone came up missing and with all of the other problems (Slow web service, dropped calls, etc.) I decided to take them up on that offer. I told the manager at the Sprint store that I’d be happy to make monthly payments on the phone at a rate of $40 per month. As of now I have 2 payments in both made in the month of December (Documented via bank statement) not including the initial opening payment. The last payment was for this month (January).

Today I get in the mail that I have been put in COLLECTIONS and the date (Supposedly) it was mailed was 3 DAYS after I made that payment. I call the number on the paper and now they are telling me that if I don’t pay it off by March they are going to make a hit on my credit and that THIS collection agency (North Shore Agency) is an "Internal Agency". In March they are going to send it to an OUTSIDE collection agency. I’m not exactly sure what that means but they said it’ll hit my credit report as a bad debt. How they can do that when I’m making my agreed upon payments is just plain bad news. I’m a Senior Citizen living on a small fixed income.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

It’s a fraud based company. Its employees are trained to lie. They will sell you the phone and once you have problem with it that same employee will look at you in the eye and will say, "I didn’t tell you anything." I have no idea after all these complaints why still Federal government don’t step in and straight things out even everyone pay taxes on each single line.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

A Sprint store made a mistake and created and cancelled a contract in the same day. Then my bank account was drafted for the full amount of the contract - over $1,000. Called and talked to a rep that was difficult to communicate with, but he indicated the money would be refunded to my account and an email confirmation would be sent. Did not receive email or money. After calling multiple times with no success, went online to "chat." When I wrote out my problem, rep said I had to contact Sprint directly (which I thought I had since I was on their website). Chat rep gave me another number to call. Called it and told the rep the entire story. She told me they could not refund my money and I would have to go back to the original store. Called the store and they argued with me about reimbursing my money. Told me they could only give me a credit not a refund even though it was completely their fault. All this after I have been a Sprint customer for 17 years.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My entire family have had Sprint cellphones and tablets for the last 8 years. I bought a 64GB iPhone 6S from Sprint in 2015. A year later, my phone started having problems and my local Sprint store (not insurance) "exchanged" it. Recent issues with the phone caused me to visit the Sprint store yet again, where I was told that the replacement phone that I was given was only 16GB and the lack of storage was the cause my current problems. Sprint records show that I purchased the 64GB model, without explanation as to why I now have the lesser version.

I have spent many hours over the last month (in person, by phone and by email) with no resolution. I paid for a working 64GB iPhone 6S and that is what I want. I have emailed a Sprint Regional Manager, Sabrina ** with my problem but have not gotten any response or apology. Sprint has offered me a replacement 16GB iPhone 6s for AN ADDITIONAL $180 -- not even the 64GB model. All I want is what I paid for. With recourse or resolution, I am leaving this review.

Updated on 01/19/2018: I left a review a few days ago about how I want what I paid for with Sprint. A Sprint representative publically responded apologizing for the predicament and asking for my contact information so that they could "look into this matter". I responded with my contact information and have yet to hear back from them - it has been over a week. There has been NO help from Sprint regarding this predicament. Publically responding to a customer is not resolving that customer's issue!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Last summer my iPhone 5 died. I purchased a new Galaxy from Best Buy. After a few days, I mentioned to my daughter that I missed my iPhone. She sent me an unlocked iPhone 7. Late in the evening, I returned the other phone to Best Buy and they cancelled out the phone and supposedly connected the iPhone. When I got home, I realized I had no service. The store was closed, so the next morning, I went to Sprint, to get a SIM card. (They opened before Best Buy.) I went to one Sprint store in Chandler, which told me I had to go to another Sprint store (in Tempe, AZ on McClintock).

After a long wait (45 min or so), I explained to the customer service agent that I wanted a SIM card for my phone. He (Eduardo, I think was his name. I will know the name when I hear it.) took my phone and claimed to have looked up something on the computer which told him I could not get a SIM card on that phone because it was in service. I explained to him it was a gift and that I was still paying for service from Sprint and wanted my card. He refused to give me a card and after some discussion walked away. I walked out the door, but quickly returned.

I again asked him for my SIM card, he again refused to give me one and told me he was not allowed to give me a card for my phone as it was in service with another company. As I questioned him, he tried to dismiss me, would not answer my questions, and insisted that I leave as they were very busy. I drove back to a Best Buy store, waited for a few minutes for assistance, explained to them my situation and within 10 min. I was walking out of the store with my phone working again.

I was angered and very upset with the terrible customer service. They treated me as if I had a stolen phone and was not the loyal Sprint customer I had been and still am for almost 20 years. Sprint use to be a decent company. You could walk in a store and get some reasonable service from the customer service representative. Now, you get someone on the phone who barely understands what you are asking or you walk into a store and receive poor service from a uncaring person like I did at the Tempe store. This experience along with another experience I had (from Nov. 2016 - Feb/Mar 2017) when Sprint took more than 3 months to clear $1700 in fraudulent charges off my bill have soured me on this company. Sprint should have offered an apology and some sort of credit for the awful service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

After purchasing two new phones and getting service on a third line in Oct 2018, I noticed a charge on my bill the next month for insurance that I had not selected. I specifically remember selecting NOT to receive it when I signed up, and it was not even on my very first bill. (If I had signed up for it, it would’ve been seen on that first bill.) It was somehow added later. I don’t see how this could possibly be an accident. I called and they removed it with no explanation of how it got there. The next month, we had a random fee appear for $30 that said “activation fee”. Again, I specifically remember the salesman at the store telling us he would waive ALL activation fees, but even if that were an error why would that happen two months *after* signing the agreement? How do you get charged to activate a phone that was activated *two months* before?!

Every single month they’re adding an unpredictable charge magically to my bill. If I were on auto-pay I might have not noticed, and I truly believe Sprint expects people to just get on a monthly autopay plan and not pay attention. It seems highly illegal to me to add $20 or $30 in fees every month without the consumer’s knowledge or agreement. I signed a legal agreement to lease these phones and pay for the service, but they keep secretly adding services every month. My guess is that they will pretend it was a “computer error” when investigated. However, it must be a widespread “computer error” because I’m noticing others have experienced bogus charges as well.

While I’m not on a “contract” since those aren’t around anymore, I’m still legally stuck paying for these phones for 2 years with them unless I can find a buyer willing to meet at a Sprint store where they’d unlock it. I’d have to get enough cash to buy other phones elsewhere for the same great “deal” Sprint gave me on their phones meanwhile possibly being without my phones while I search. (A risk I can’t take at the moment.) Instead, I’m doomed to call Sprint every month and demand they take charges off. Please, for the love of all of us consumers, investigate this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

On January 1 we were contacted by our credit card company alerting us to unusual charges from Sprint since we are on the Sprint Forward 4GB Data Prepaid Plan. Our normal charges are $43.33 a month whereas the current charges were in excess of $200.00 so we filed fraudulent charges with the credit card company and looked into our billing and on that date we had 9 separate transactions originated by Sprint for what we don't know. And after a week of back and forth with their customer service department and fraud department they suspended the phone for nonpayment when we attached a new credit card to pay for the normal monthly charges as advised by the fraud department.

Well, after spending an hour on the phone with customer service and the fraud department this morning again since we wanted to know why the phone was suspended when we were never notified by Sprint that they were going to suspend it they decided to blame the credit card company for suspending the phone. But the reality is they want us to pay the balance on the account created by the 9 transactions on January 1.

When we first contacted Sprint they let it slip that many accounts were compromised and used to make international phone calls and the customer service representative is trying to tell us that we notified them that the phone was used to make those calls when it was Sprint that let us know they have a problem with compromised accounts. This was the last attempt and their final answer was that the balance would have to be paid to reinstate the phone and our response is that, “No, we are not paying for charges we did not make so we are purchasing an upgraded phone and services from a different carrier.”

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Let me say this review comes at the end of two month of trying to solve this issue. Multiple CS representatives, probably about 20 or so and hours, upon hours of calls and chats. Last November I needed to pay off two phones I had purchased and had been paying monthly contacts on. The total was $333.00. At the same time I paid my monthly charges which were about $170. I made two separate payments so no one would get confused. Silly me. With my December bill I noticed I will still being charged for the contracts. And the calls began. Seems that someone imagined I have just wanted to pay an additional $333.00 on my account as a credit and they did not pay off the contracts. I probably made ten plus calls and several chats to try and get someone to apply the payment correctly.

As stated in the other complaints one department obviously does not know what the other is doing. Each time I was assured things were taken care of and then I would get a new bill. In conjunction with all this I wanted to get my phones unlocked. They have the nerve to ask why. Why is it any of their business. It is my phone now, I own it, I want to do with it as I please. Well needless to say I have been fighting for weeks about the bill and the unlocking. They went so far as to turn one of the phones off on Saturday for late payment. The payment they were talking about was the bill they send me for the contract they are no longer under. I had paid everything else.

Today I went into a Sprint store to be told one phone was unlocked and the other still locked. So I was on the phone again. I was disconnected the first time. The second call lasted about 25 minutes with the CS having to go back and forth with his supervisor. He assured me the phone is now unlocked but they wouldn't be able to send me anything in writing. Fun huh? So I guess tomorrow I will be going back to Verizon (I had them for many years without a problem) to get service with them. I only moved to Sprint a year ago when they slashed their rates to get Verizon customers. But with the worse than bad it is not worth it.

I feel this incident has taken a year of my life. If I had been working I don't know how I would have been able to make all these calls but somehow I think that is what they are counting on. People who will just pay their bill in frustration. I'm sure they are making billions (not millions) in unjust payments from people. Sprint - NEVER AGAIN. At this point I seriously don't care if I have to pay more. The peace of mind will be worth it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been trying to transfer a line of my account and on to its own since December 21, 2017. It is now January the 11, 2018... and still not done. I went to the Sprint store closest to me and they were happy to take money and set up the new account for the number to transfer to... but didn't do the transfer. Told me to wait till the day before my new bill came out. I am glad I didn't listen to that cause new billing date is tomorrow and I was told days ago it take up to 5 days to complete THE change!

The other person was not given instructions as to what to do. They have everything they need as he set the new account up in person in the store. But how they can't won't do the transfer cause they don't know if he wants them to. They don't want to be sued... but HE was at the store and set the account up, and told them he wanted to do the transfer. We live in different states and had to do everything over the holiday get together... Now I have been told a number of things... but yet to hear IT'S DONE. How long does it take to transfer a line from one account to another? I did everything right and I am being punished, for their bad CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF DOING ANYTHING! Can I call this a breach of contract?

I say don't bother with Sprint. No matter the $$ amount or plan... they will let you pay them all the money in the world but won't work when you need them to! I am mad. I have lost it a few times over this. I just want my own number on my own plan... and the other person on his own plan. They need to get it together between the store and the phone customer service... and If a customer calls and says I have called 3 times now and was hung up on by the last person I just want to talk to a manager or supervisor. Just do as you are asked... cause you to did NOTHING AT ALL! At this point I don't think I should owe them another dime, I have had 3 panic attacks over this. If I had my way (which I know it don't work that way) but I'd have 1 year free on Sprint... for them to show me they are doing better and getting it right more than not.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

They suck. They ** us again. Like always we signed up. Got approved for 2 new 8+. We didn't get any discounts like we was supposed to. My husband is a veteran. That was supposed to be a discount. Didn't get that plus our bill was supposed to be $100 a month. We signed up for auto pay cause it was supposed to be cheaper. Last 2 months they have taken over $200 out of our bank. We been calling them every month bitching at them because it's not supposed to be that high. They won't refund our money. They tell us it will go to the next bill but they still take out over $200. WTH. We hate them. They are scams. We WOULD NOT recommend Sprint at all to ANYONE. They never used to be like this but wow. Now they just screw people over and get more money out of people. It's bs. I would never renew our contract with them. We are very unhappy with this service.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

It’s been like 4 months, since they change my wireless plan, I am experienced bad issues with the signal, and they just don’t care, until today, they make me waste my time, I’m paying too much money for a ** service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I signed up for Sprint with a rep that came to my house because he offered a great rate for the four new phones he sold me. I'm happy with the phones and the service is average because I still get dropped calls. Nevertheless, their alluring low monthly payment, which the salesperson guaranteed, only lasted two months! It started with $150 and now my next bill is $187! It keeps going up every month with bogus charges! I do not appreciate their deceit! I called them a while back and they said I should contact the person that sold me the phones, but they have no record of who did.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Venting: So I had Sprint's Verizon plan since 2016. It had 3 months left to go, ending March of this year. Last November for some reason my data usage spiked. 4 gigs. No warning from Sprint but ok I can deal with that, what $80 charge. Annoying but Fine. Apart from overages I was paying $230 a month plus with 18 gigs. So wife and I call to check out our options. Maybe we'll scale back our usage but hey maybe their unlimited data is a good plan. Customer rep tells us, "Yeah switch, it will save us money. It's a great deal." No, hey warning or no hey this is going to screw you. Nope, just a vague promise of savings and all the data I want. Then December comes. Merry Christmas from Sprint, I get slammed with a $420 bill plus the balance of about $270 I was carrying. So $690 or so due in November. bleep. That's not a saving.

My base bill is $230. My overage of 4 gigs is about $80. My carry forward is 270. That's $580, a full $100 less than what I was billed! Then my December bill I get slammed with $358 of charges, not including the carried balance. Today I spent literally 3 hours on the phone with those people. First two levels of customer service are in India, those were fun. Got up to 4 levels of elevation and an "Account Specialist" and NO ONE could give me a straight answer on how my bill became so ridiculous. The general gist seemed to cover: The hotspot I had to take as part of the Verizon switch promotion, which cost $5 bucks a month, suddenly cost $60 a month under the new contract. Did anyone tell me that would happen, if I switched? Nope.

The other one is some nonsense about proration, which should have been minimal given that I switched with 2 days left in the month. Finally the last excuse was that oh they charge the first month in advance. And indeed, the charges for December are on my November bill. And on my December bill. Did anyone tell me that would happen? That I would get slammed with 2 months of payments in one month? Hell no, I would never have switched. I would have happily poked along for 3 months with my 18 gig plan. And good lord the effort it took not to fly off the handle at some of the nincompoops who were on the other end of the phone. And the final account lady who insisted that every charge was correct. It was BS.

Basic logic says, if I have been paying about $240 a month every month for 2 years, then in the expectation of having a lower bill, agree to give up a favorable contract, then my payments should be roughly the same. For my 30 hours I got maybe $50 of cash credit. This is a such a big old **. A multi-million dollar company, refuses to credit me the $100 overbilling from November ($230 + 80 overdraft = $321, bill was $421), to fix my subsequent bill in December which should have been at max $250 (but was $321). And ensure each following bill was around that $250 mark. But nope, they could not do that.

So congrats ** hats, because you couldn't part with a whole $171, because after 9 people, you couldn't give me a straight answer, you lost me, my wife and my brother and everyone I can reach. Oh and never called me back the two times I was disconnected because of their ** service. So today I walked into T-Mobile. They give me 3 brand new phones. Switching incentives. A rate INCLUDING taxes and fees. 245/month for three phones, unlimited and a FLAT PROMISE that their charges will never exceed that amount. NO contract. And better coverage. Plus some great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Sprint has been billing me for an account that has been cancelled for 2 years now. It was my fault for not looking into this sooner. I thought I was still being billed for my leased tablet (which I wasn't). They failed to write in the notes on my account that it was deactivated. I spoke to a manager on October and she explained that I was being billed continuously because every time I paid the bill, it was reactivating my account.

She explained that I will not be billed further. I was not billed in November, but received another bill in December! I called AGAIN and they said they saw it mentioned in my notes that the account was cancelled and I would not have to pay. TODAY I GOT ANOTHER BILL. I called to explain the two past bills and who I spoke to. Now they "can't find the notes" and are looking into the issue further. I refuse to pay this bill and am HORRIFIED that a large company such as Sprint is doing this to their customers. Anyone know of any legal action I can take if this is not resolved?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I feel it is very important to report them my Sprint experience. For the past 5 years I’ve been paying $96.00 for one line cell phone. One of my primary reasons for choosing Sprint was due to my employer offering a 15% discount; which Sprint never once honored. I made several phone calls and even told the rep when I opened my account. The customer service is nonexistent; they could care less who you are and what your issue is. The only time I was treated as an individual is when my account fell delinquent and they are quick with "temporarily disconnecting" the service.

At that time, they have a recording advising you they will debit your account anyway, as part of the initial agreement that was signed. They offer all kinds of incentives and deals to new customers while old customers are stuck in whatever they had initially agreed to. I even saw a deal where new customers are offered four lines for a little over a 100, I pay 96 for one line and have for 5 years now. Recently I was called and offered a update on my iPhone, the rep put me on hold and never returned. I never got the new phone or a return phone call from Sprint. I have never paid so much for so little. My bill cycles on the 18th I will no longer have service with Sprint. They have failed me in every possible way.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

If anyone is in the market for a new cell phone provider, STAY FAR AWAY FROM SPRINT! The worst customer service I have ever had! Twice now they have messed up my bill by hundreds of dollars. The first time took me over 6 months to get corrected (which resulted in a credit of over $700.00). Took countless phone calls to customer care, hours of long hold times only to be redirected to someone else, countless trips back into the store and false promises of getting the issues resolved, with no one willing to take accountability for the mistake made by the employee who set up our contract.

Fast forward to today, having that large credit on my account (nearly $600.00 left from the previous error) I had to use that credit to get a new phone, as mine was lost in a river. Long story short, the customer service representative at the Sprint store said that the best and cheapest way to get another phone was to just cancel out my current contract and start over with a new one, allowing the "credit" to pay for the cancellation of that line. THEN THE BILL ARRIVES (this by the way is AFTER the 14 day grace period, leaving you no choice but to pay it)... $612.00! That apparently my "credit" will NOT apply too!

To which I called (again several calls, trips, and the run around once again) only to be told from the rep at the store "sorry, it was my mistake but you're past the grace period and there's not much I can do." To which I told him I will look into going elsewhere but in the meantime, can he make sure my phone doesn't get shut off, considering I have a $600 credit on my account, you would think my "past due bill" wouldn't be an issue. Wrong! Phone was shut off today and I had to pay $612.00 to have it turned back on! Still ongoing. Trying to get this issue resolved. To Verizon I go!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Sprint offers nice sounding plans, but they are lying and CSR is absolutely abysmal. Was offered 2×$150.00 gift cards to be received 6-8 weeks after contract signing. Nope. Made up excuses at the store until I called where after an hour was informed that they weren't going to send the cards with zero explanation. Ken, from Sprint Telesales, agreed that it was in the contract but states that I had no choice. He said he "would send it to upper management" and agreed that this would be the end of Sprint complying. Plan on being constantly transferred after being lied to about whatever it is you're calling about.

Basically, Sprint CSR tells you that you're talking to the 'wrong department' and you get transferred to another Telesales CSR who has no idea what you're talking about. When you put your foot down, they ignore you, read from a script and transfer you. Rinse/repeat. I would advise not using Sprint. They have not honored their end of the contract and are under zero legal obligation to do so. Terrible business ethics with rapacious policies who demonstrably only worry about service until you sign. Don't make the same mistake I did; go with another carrier... any other carrier.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

It is surprising to experience such unscrupulous customer service from such a large company. It is true, Sprint Reps will lie to you time after time. It's almost unfathomable that companies such as this one exists in our country. Sprint is under the impression that lies and deceit are the way to keep customers. Why would a company purposely shoot its own foot?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Back in May, we purchased a new phone to replace a broken one (we also changed the phone number). The sales person (who was supposed to be a manager) is the one who assisted with the new phone and knew it was replacing the old broken one. They have been charging the normal rate for the broken phone on top of the new one. Have called every month and multiple times a month asking them why they are charging for a phone that was shut off (and can clearly see not one phone call, text, or data has been used). They at first said they will reimburse for the charges.

Well... That didnt happen and now 7 months later the rude salesperson is saying it's now OUR fault for not contacting them earlier to have this corrected and they will only reimburse for this last month!! We went into a store and the manager there said that it should be at least $216 they need to pay us, but since he was just a store and not corporate he didnt have the authorization to do it.

I've been a customer since 2002 and just these past 2 yrs has been horrible with them. They are even trying to charge my daughter who is also on my plan $25 just because she bought the phone outright!! The same rude salesperson on the phone said "MOST" of the time they will waive that fee... BUT HE WOULDNT WAIVE IT FOR US!!! How can a company charge for something that you paid outright for?? I think they are making up charges just to get more money. Is this not against the law?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Had a Note 4 which failed to power on. Went to the Pendleton Pike Store in Indianapolis, Indiana and was helped by a wonderful Lady who just happened to the Samsung Advocate. Becky was fantastic. After reading some of the reviews so glad I picked this store to try. She got back all of my data stored to Google and put on the case and tempered glass for me. She even demoed the different features of my phone. Great customer service. Great Store.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Sprint has become like a car salesman. They are about selling phones and hitting quotas. For customer service you get foreigners. In my case I agreed to upgrade three phones. I then changed my mind since the newer version was scheduled to come out in Oct. and as soon as the phones arrived I returned them. (Mid Aug.) I returned them in the box as they had arrived. I returned them within a day of receiving them. This is well within the 14 or 30 days you have to cancel your lease and not be charged. I saved my receipt in case there were any problems. One of phones I noticed in Nov. I was getting charged for. Upon reviewing it I saw that I had a lease on one of the phones still. It was a lease for an iPhone 7 and my daughter has an iPhone 6. I called Sprint. They stated that their factory never received the phone back. I gave them the receipt number as proof that I had returned three phones.

They gave me a case number and stated that I would have a refund and they had resolved the issue. That week, my daughter's phone was turned off and we lost her number. They cancelled her phone. It took a week to get her number back and her phone turned back on, as well as hours of my time. Once again I called Sprint. Once again I spoke with a foreigner who assured me the problem would be resolved and they would not charge me for a lease since that phone had been returned and lease was not valid. It is now Jan. I have 8 case numbers and a $750 bill because they are charging for the lease. What I have finally deduced is that the foreigner in Nov. cancelled her phone and Sprint counts that as my cancellation and neglects to see that I returned the phone on Aug. 19. which is the correct cancellation date. Currently I have been on hold for a manager for over half an hour and my phone call this time is so far an hour of my time.

Once again, I am speaking with foreigners. I returned 3 phones. How does Sprint think that legally one of them they can charge me for. They are breaking their lease. They are costing me hours and hours of my time! Their service is iffy at best for the phone service itself. I know that I plan on taking legal action. I am sure that soon others will be too. So, if you are an investor know that this quarter with Christmas sales may be great but the customer service piece is going to catch up to Sprint. I would think by third quarter. I have now reread this review and am still on hold with Sprint. My counter is now at 1 hour nine minutes. I have currently been on hold since the last person I spoke to for 39 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

On 12/20/17 ordered three new phones as old leases were expiring. On 12/27/17 I drove to Sprint store 517 (over an hour distance) to return the old leased phones as instructed on the Sprint website. The store said they do not accept leased phones unless I purchased phones through their location. I indicated that they are Sprint's phones not mine and left them. I called Sprint support while in the parking lot of store 517. The support representative indicated there was no problem and I would not be charged for the old leased phones. On 12/29/17 received envelopes from Sprint to return the devices that were at the store. I called Sprint and after three transfers I was not called back. On 1/2/18 I called Sprint in the AM but store 517 was not open. I called again in the evening and after several phone transfers I was placed in a conference call with a woman at the store who seemed to not have time.

She talked to the manager and verified they had the phones and I could drive again to the store and pick them up so I may return the devices by mail. I indicated I did not want to drive 1 hour each way to pick up devices from Sprint to mail them to Sprint. The woman said they will be considered abandoned and the customer service rep said then I would have to pay for those devices. I was then transferred to a account specialist so I may cancel my account as it seemed that Sprint was more interested in collecting money for devices in their possession than keeping a customer. The account service specialist wanted to call the store and after 20 minutes hung up on me. They prevented me from canceling my account and returning my new devices so I would not be charged for them. I am calling again but after 5 hours on the phone and long hold times I have little hope.

Sprint PCS Company Information

Sprint
www.sprint.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use