Sprint
2.70/5
Based on 3,238 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Sprint Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I switched to Sprint from AT&T over 2 years ago. The ENTIRE experience has been incredibly stressful!! After signing up through Best Buy (it was who they recommended for me) every manager at any store I went to were completely jerks to me telling that since I signed up through Best Buy I should go get help from Best Buy.... What? So the customer is being punished for signing up through a third party?

Unfortunately that was only the beginning. Sprint was overcharging me by $60-80/month but calling the 1-800 customer service number was a joke so I finally went into a local store where I work. I luckily got a great rep who immediately could see what was wrong with my bill and it took him 3 phone calls at 45 min each to get the bill corrected and where it should be. They would not reimburse ANY of the overcharge but did lower the bill and it remained there. During that time, they shut off my service once when I refused to pay THE WRONG amount!! I felt trapped to pay the wrong amount because I have to have my service! It was at that point I decided to switch as soon as my 18 month contract was up. I continued getting help, when necessary, from the rep at the local store. He was THE ONLY thing that made this bearable! He told me my contract was up in September and then it would be a “month to month” contract.

Side note, I got a “buy one get one on us” deal when I got our phones. So when I was checking on the remaining balance for my phones and found out that it’s only “free” during the 18 months. If you want the phone after that you will pay the cost of 6 months if payments afterwards. I couldn’t believe it!! So, to top it all off as SOON as September came I had already talked to Verizon to switch over. When I did, I started receiving calls from a collection agency stating I owed over $1,000 for my “final bill” and phones. The phones cost $624 and I told them I was more than willing to pay that but I was not paying anything else because I made the last payment for the phone. They are telling me that technically my 18 months was up on October 4th and since I switched on September 27 I owed the $400 in fees for breaking the contract.

I made an appointment with the rep at the local store to see if he could help me. Then I noticed my bank account was wrong so I pulled it up to find that 2 weeks ago Sprint had taken out $765 out of my bank account. The bank is working with me to dispute it but told me I’m the 3rd person in the last week that this has happened to!!! The 3rd person!!! They encouraged I call Sprint because the last client was able to get it back since I did not authorize that payment. When I called sprint they told me that when I signed my contract 2 years ago it states they can withdraw the final amount if it’s not paid. I CANNOT believe that sprint can decide how much you owe and just take that from your account. I am currently disputing this with my bank but I just want to warn others to stay FAR AWAY from Sprint!!! Far away!!! Buyer beware!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I was with Sprint for 4 years. My wife would constantly complain to their customer service about poor internet and calls being dropped. The issue was never fixed. Finally I had enough and changed to Verizion. I called sprint to get my code to have my number transferred to my new phone. They didn't like that. I was on the phone answering questions until I got upset and asked to speak to a manager. Only then was I given my code. After turning in our phones to sprint, closing the account and paying any fees, I get a letter in the mail 2 months later that I have been sent to collections for an unpaid balance of $166. I was very angry because I had already paid everything I owed. Apparently they had added some other charge that I was unaware of. DO NOT GO TO SPRINT. THEY ARE BY FAR THE WORST CELL PHONE PROVIDER.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Hi switch to Sprint 08/28/2019 and I was told that my bill would be less than my AT&T bill and that they will buy my phones. I was told that all I had to do was turn my phones in and they will pay off the cost of my phone plus my bill will be around 190. I have yet to receive a bill of 190. I would even take 1 for 200. Then when I try to turn my phones I moved so I went to a Sprint store. They told me because my services were started at a store that was within another store there there is a 3rd party and I couldn't turn my phones in there. I had to drive 3 hours back to the original store to turn my phones in only to find out a month later there the clean slate program is a joke.

I turned my phones in October 21, 2019. It is December and they told me that they can't read my bill so I can't get my phone is paid off and they won't return my phones. I need to figure out what I need to do next because at this point I am considering contacting a lawyer and putting out a class action lawsuit because I know I am not the only one dealing with Sprint not returning my phones and not paying off bill. If anyone knows how to go about this or want to join me in suing Sprint please let me know. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We have been with Sprint since May 2019, switched from T-Mobile. Boy we thought their coverage was bad. Sprint is so bad that if I am not on a wifi connection my phone will not allow me to make a call. Customer service says my house is in the middle of four towers. But magically my phone hangs up on people and the audio quality is horrible (I am young, but seem to be going deaf). We were told a few months back that if the problem continued we could switch for free, just send the phones back. Well we called to start that process and now, I am being told that I will owe them $1350 to cancel early. DO yourself a favor and avoid Sprint. We had hoped the merger with T-Mobile would come about and it would help. Who knows if that will ever happen. Since I need my phone for work every day I need a good phone. Really do yourself a favor and avoid them, even if you have to pay more somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I switched to Sprint from Verizon to save money, I didn’t. Their service coverage was terrible in our area and calling the customer support line was less than helpful, usually had to go into a store and request a manager. At the end of my contract and lease I tried to turn in my phones, the salesman looked at the phone before telling me to switch carriers first to keep my numbers then turn them in. I followed his directions then came back to turn in my phone again. They took three out of four and said the final one had a cracked screen and had to be sent to corporate to be covered under warranty. Fine.

Waited to get return package from corporate, took about a week and prepared to send the phone back. I didn’t see a place to check on the paperwork for the insurance so I online chatted with Sprint support who told me that since I switched carriers my account was closed and I no longer had insurance coverage. I went to my local store that told me to switch first and eventually talked to the district manager who acknowledged that they gave me bad information by not telling me to fix the phone first and she took the phone back for full credit because of it.

Three weeks later Sprint took over $750 directly out of my bank account without informing me. When I called them they said they billed me for fair market value of the phones I kept. I informed the representative that I returned all of the phones to the Sprint store and I have the receipts to prove it. She told me their warehouse had not received them yet and that is why I was charged. I explained that I have proof that the phones are in Sprint’s possession and that they took my money without informing me. She agreed to refund my money and it would take 3 - 5 days.

When I asked how they could charge me without letting me know she told me that I was still enrolled in auto-pay. So they will cancel your service and insurance so you have to pay for any repairs needed but they don’t cancel the autopay so they can charge you for the property you turned back into them without you knowing about it until it’s too late, sounds like a truly honest business to me. I will never do any kind of business with Sprint ever again, and I will try to deter everyone I know from using them as well.

Sprint Company Information