3.1/5 (613 ratings)

About Sprint

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 12, 2021

During the upgrade to T-Mobile I was told I needed a new phone. Needless to say I was told I could get one and be under my current Monthly bill. It doubled and each time I call they add $30 to my bill for customer service. My current charge is now 3 times my normal bill and they have agreed to remove the 3 x $30....but they cannot change to bill to reflect it. Note they could change it to add the money but they can't change it to reflect the reduction. So at the end of the month they will deduct the full amount which is $72 over the posted bill.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 11, 2021

Been a Sprint customer 23 years. Dedication and loyalty mean nothing anymore. Told we have a 18 month contract, phones would be paid off and ours. I even called at 6 months before end of contact to verify date I would fulfill my obligation. Waited 1 year 5 months after contractual obligations fulfill (supposedly) to call recently as my bill went up. Charges are being added when I told them no charges from 3rd parties are allowed EVER. I asked call to be escalated to supervisor, the agent insisted she could help. After 40 minutes on phone with a very hard to understand staff member she tells me I still owe $$$ for 3 phones after 2 1/2 years of paying. Needless to say I was livid. Disconnected call, 2 hours later a supervisor calls me AT WORK stating "I understand you wanted to speak to a supervisor". I could not believe it. I informed her 3 hours ago, "I did know you're bothering me at work and told do not call me."

Bottom line I pay over 300 a month for 3 lines for last 2 1/2 years. I used to love my service but since they merge w/ T-Mobile calls drop service is delayed, echo on calls notification that I exhausted my unlimited text/calls/data. They lied when they sold me phones. They continued to lie when I call. Breach of contract is just the beginning. This type of deceit needs to stop with mega multi million dollar corporations. My bills are paid on time every time. I don't call sprint if a call drops or messages appear. I've given this company every benefit of doubt. Now I believe legal consultation is in order.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 10, 2021

Complete Scam of a company!!!! Go get a Walmart prepaid phone before doing any business with Sprint! I closed my account with sprint 3 times and they still send me bills for a tracker they put on my account for "free of charge" back when I had their service. I only will receive a statement of collections as I have received three times every time I call customer service. Pay it and they tell me my account has been closed but three months later I receive another collections notice and nothing even though I closed my account. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS SLEAZY ORGANIZATION!!!! I'm currently with AT&T and 100% better prices and customer service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 7, 2021

Sprint offers 50% off military lines. They put you through so many Hoops to get the discount. It takes up to two billing Cycles. I've been waiting six months so finally today they said I'll get my discount. I'll check my bill next month and it will not be there. I probably have 3 hours tied up in issues dealing with Sprint.

Original review: June 5, 2021

06/03/2021 Sprint is being dishonest not honoring promotional offers. I’ve been a loyal Sprint customer since 2008 as I’m always told when contacting Sprint. As of January 2021 I went into a Sprint store because they were offering buy 1 get 1 free on the Samsung Active 2 smartwatch, I went over the plan and contract with sale rep and the only thing that wasn’t offered is insurance so I added $15 per watch completed the transaction and left.

When February 2021 bill print I found that I was not getting what was advertised in January so I reached out Sprint. The customer service rep couldn’t find the promo that was being offer in Jan. Gave a credit and assured me that Sprint will work on this issue, well when March bill printed I was being charged doubled now because of the credit given in February for both smartwatches and I reached back out to Sprint to complain and the customer service rep was apologetic but that’s what they suppose to do to keep customer, but I wanted to speak with someone higher in the department so I didn’t have to keep reaching out to Sprint. So I was placed in what they call the Back Office and my contact person there was Sammie no last name and he generated a reference number (**) to use if I had to call again but he assured me that this would be last time.

So I gave him all the details from my receipt from Jan 2021 and customer care rep, he placed me on hold and reached out to the store had his discussion with Brandon H., he came back on line with me to confirm that yes the promo had been ongoing since December 2020 and yes that is what I purchased and he would rectify this entire mess and going forward I would see on my bill a credit for one of the smartwatches $15.84 and the other I would pay $15.84 plus $15.00 per watch insurance coverage. And because the bill had already printed I was still obligated to pay $179.48 and that’s for a Galaxy 9, tablet, 2 smartwatches which put me overbudget for the month yet Sammie assured me that he would waived the late fee since it would be impossible to pay my rental obligations and other bills plus this Sprint bill.

Well everything that glitter and gold because I continued to make calls for incorrect billing for April, May and keep in mind everything I was given a credit toward not being charged properly on the smartwatches the next bill cycle I would see a double charged. Sprint is very very dishonest and Indian givers as I would say, let me explain now, it’s time for the June 4th bill, still not bill properly on the smartwatches. Make the call to Sprint, give all info needed and immediately ask to speak with a supervisor.

Now I’m speaking with Ann on 05/23/21 and I inform her that I’m not going to go through explaining this situation and could she use the reference number I was given in March and that will explain everything. She does and tells me that the plan I had Unlimited Freedom plan is no longer available and in order to get my Samsung Active 2 smartwatches on the buy one get one free promo that was advertised in January 2021 I would have to switch plans to Sprint Unlimited Basic or I would have to lose the buy one get one free and pay for both now.

What kind of FOOLERY is Sprint pulling on loyal 2008 customers? It’s not my fault. It’s up to Sprint to grandfather all plans prior to this new plan upgrade in. Get this messy boots from Ann like I fell off a turnip truck and bump my head. About 3 years ago I paid off my Samsung Galaxy 6 and with that I received Hulu basic plan as a thank you from Sprint, and now I’m being told by Ann that the promo was offer under the Unlimited Freedom plan they no longer have and I would now have to $11.99 monthly if I want to continue using Hulu now. ABSOLUTELY NOT and that’s why I said Indian givers and Ann goes on to inform me on 06/04/21 that Sprint can only offer me the promo on the smartwatches buy one get one free for the next 2 months and after which I would have to pay for both. So I’ve reached out to file complaints with FCC, FTC and now BBB to expose Sprint for their scams they're pulling on customers.

Original review: June 5, 2021

This company is beyond crooked & unprofessional. I left because I was told repeatedly that my request for a due date change was completed. It wasn’t. This went on for approximately 7 months so I canceled my service on 11/4/20. What I didn’t know is I was still being charged. 3 months of non used service to be exact because services were still “available” to me. I never received any statements from them or I would have contacted them. I was reported to collections without my knowledge or being contacted first. I couldn’t get any help to address this so I filed Complaints with the BBB, FTC & FCC. I Was finally contacted and offered a credit for those 3 months I didn’t use their services. Wait, what? A credit for something I should never have been charged for?

I offered to pay outstanding balance of approximately 82.00 for the balance owed on the phone. I also was not aware of however I would still have an owed balance on the account. The person that contacted me was sloppy because I found errors in her emails. Steer clear of Sprint. They will be happy to rack up a bill for you without your knowledge then when you finally find out they did this it’s too late. Your account will be sent to collections thus ruining your credit. Beyond a Sketchy crooked unprofessional company.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Please make yourself a favor and don’t choose the company that will scam you into hidden fees and false promises. I'm not sure how they are still in business. One of their associates used a fake social security to open my account and no one was even able to do anything about that. Their customer service is truly ignorant and can’t help you at all. And no ones knows anything. No one can do nothing. Sad and truly unfair that this company is even allowed to behave like this.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Updated on 05/27/2021: So I wrote a review, they responded, only because it was public though. They pretended to be concerned and stated they would call me. THEY NEVER CALLED NOR WILL THEY. BUT, they will lie about it because leading up to this after being promised callbacks and not getting them I call them again to find notes in my account written by one of their lying Reps that CLAIMED he not only called me, but left a voicemail... I offered to send Sprint my call log not from my cell that I could delete numbers but right from the website to prove no Sprint rep ever called me but they could care less, they believe the thugs they hire to represent them.

They allow them reps to disrespect us customers and laugh at us because we get upset over being ripped off by Sprint and T-Mobile... So, in my prior review if you seen Sprint respond saying they would call me, no, they did not call, will not call, will not make this right and don't care one bit about long term customers as told to me by their own manager... SPRINT IS THE WORST OUT THERE, ALONG WITH T-MOBILE...

Original Review: Been with Sprint 20 years. After they merged with T Mobile, our phones no longer worked in their network.. My cell worked like new until the merger and barely works now.. Sprint offers a cheap, worthless $200.00 cell for free as an insult or they will make you PAY for a better phone with a discount. Why should I have to pay for a new cell when mine worked like new. They caused me to lose all signal and make me pay for it.. After refusing the insulting offers they made one of their customer service MANAGERS told me that I take it or leave it..

I asked if they valued long term customers over new customers that won't stay with them for more than 2 or 3 years and he responded to me with, "No, new customers are more valuable to us because statistically they make us look good so new customers are more important to us than long term, loyal customers." A SPRINT MANAGER ACTUALLY SAID THAT TO ME... Naturally appalled and shocked I asked if I heard that correctly and he confirmed it's true.... So, to sum it up, they want you in the door but once in, they could care less about you. They only value their statistics not long term customers... Imagine that folks...

Original review: May 21, 2021

WORST COMPANY EVER! RUN!!!! I have been with them for years now and I have had nothing but issues but the latest has put me over the edge. I called them and made a partial payment then set up a payment arrangement for a week away. The lady was nice and set up the arrangement and assured me all was good. About two hours later, I realized that my 13 year old's phone had no service. I called Sprint back to find out why. She is type 1 diabetic and monitors her blood glucose via an app on her phone. This second person saw the payment and arrangement and turned service back on. I hung up and about 30 minutes later, I got an email from my daughter from school that her phone was off again.

I called AGAIN and this third person didn't see the arrangement that the woman 30 minutes earlier confirmed. She then set up the arrangement and told me her service would be restored. I hung up and 30 minutes later, my service was off and got an email from my daughter and hers was off yet again. So I could not call and had to chat with a sprint representative. I did so and he told me I had to pay the whole past due or my service would not be restored. This was after speaking to THREE customer service reps and not one telling me that this was the case. I have the chat for my attorney. So I then got through on the *3 and this woman puts me on hold for 20 minutes to then hang up on me.

I call back *3 and get a guy who says there was a restriction added to my account TODAY (so I guess 30 minutes ago) that I would have to pay the past due in order to get service all while my diabetic child sits at school and cannot see what her blood glucose is and has no idea how much insulin to give herself so I have to go check her out of school. This is how they treat people and it's inhumane. It's horrible for the amount of money I spend with them. If something happens to my daughter before I get there to pick her up, I will make sure this company pays. I hope my attorney can sue the pants off of them. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Before Sprint merged with T-Mobile they had decent service. Now a snail can make a lap around a track faster than our pages load. Numerous attempts with Sprint to try and solve the problem have turned out useless. Keep saying we need a new phone even though ours were just purchases less than a year ago. I do NOT recommend this company. Very spotty coverage as well.

Sprint Company Information