Sprint PCS

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 23, 2018

5232 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

On April 7 my grandson decided to get an account with Sprint. He had his own phone. They needed $84.99 upfront so I gave them my American Express card so that I could pay it for him. Three days later he canceled his account because he did not like it and they were charging him more money than what they said. It’s been 25 days and I still don’t have my refund. In fact they said they have no proof that I paid it even though I have a copy from American Express that shows Sprint. I want my money back and I will call the news channel “Call for Action” if I do not get any response quickly.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Sprint is a very bad company! They are making up fake charges and automatically stealing money from my checking account. I emailed the CEO Marcelo but he sends email saying someone will contact me which never happens, so I plan to picket and hold signs that says MARCELO IS A SLEAZE AND HE STEALS MONEY FROM SPRINT CUSTOMERS. I will picket in front of CEO Marcelo home at ** on April 27 2018. If you would like to join me please e-mail me at **.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Recently we decided to upgrade phones to the new S9... unaware my mom would expire 2 days later. After having this new device for but a few days decided to call Sprint to unlock phone so that they can be used internationally. Sprint however claim they have a policy even when the circumstance have been explained about my mom passing. They are offering Sprint global services which means you must remain on their network and not have the opportunity to use a local network of your choice.

Making calls from the island back to the USA is great. However calling local numbers in the island from Sprint network can be very costly. Now I have been a client of 14 years... and they are not willing to make an exception. On the other hand upon wanting to upgrade my phone we had to lease as that's how the offer is set up and I am also told as long as phone is lease phone cannot be unlocked. Again this was not told when making the purchase. Unfortunately the phones we had previous was unlocked while still in a lease so I don't see what makes the difference here.

I am sorry... I have to find a way to leave Sprint because they do not know how to please a client even when there is a valid reason. Consumer beware of Sprint... they only need to lock you in a contract and then the headache start. I tried to resolve this issue by speaking with 5 different individuals however it never made a difference.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I would like to say that Sprint has horrible customer service. They do not care about taking care of the customer. I have been with them for many years. We recently moved to an area with poor coverage. The closest tower to our home is 7.1 miles. Our phones are constantly roaming. They will not let us cancel our service without penalty. They pretty much said though "Deal with it." We pay over 200 a month for our unlimited plan. They are not willing to help us do anything to make our service better. They were very rude.

Original review: April 19, 2018

When signing up for Sprint we were never told that you cannot use your phone (Be in a call) and use your internet at the same time. Pretty much screwed if you are a multi tasker. My job requires me to use my internet, data, emails while on a conference call. You cannot do this with Sprint. We were NEVER informed of this when acquiring our phones. This service is the worst! Think about this when signing up! Terrible service and even worse Customer Service. No one speaks English in the Customer Service dept. It is very hard to understand anyone who answers the phone. Sprint's prices are competitive with the other top Cell phone service providers, but their service is half of what you would get with T-Mobile or Verizon. BEWARE OF SPRINT! After my 1 year contract... I will be leaving! Very discouraged and have not been so disgusted as I am with Sprint in a long time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: April 19, 2018

We were Sprint customers for over 10 years. In 2015 I bought a new phone under contract- pay $200 for the phone plus have a 2 year contract with Sprint. The contract, which I still have, says very clearly that I will also be charged a $15/month fee "until [I] reach upgrade eligibility", which was 2 years (same length as the contract). This was explained by the salesperson as well. All was good, until...

2 years later, the $15/month fee doesn't go away. I call. An hour on the phone, they promise it will go away in 2 months- they say I just called early, it hadn't been 24 payments with the $15/month fee yet. I didn't feel like going over 2 years of bills, so I just went with it. 2 months later, the fee isn't gone. I call again. Another hour on the phone, and promised it will be gone next bill, plus given discounts "for the inconvenience." Next month, still not gone. Call a third time. Here's where it gets really fun!

The third call, I'm told it's not going away. Not ever. I have the contract in front of me, I read it to them. They say I'm misunderstanding- that's an extra $15/month UNTIL I upgrade the phone. But that's not what the contract says- it says I only have the fee until "upgrade eligibility" not "upgrade." I point out the absurdity of a $15/month charge that never goes away for a new phone- it makes the phone infinitely expensive. The older the phone gets, the more it costs me?? Yes they say, that's why I should upgrade.

Nearly two hours on the phone, talking to managers- end result, they're not going to honor the black and white contract that I actually physically have in my hand, despite my being a 10 year customer who has paid every bill without issue. So what are my options? I can hire a lawyer to try to make them abide by the contract- not willing to spend that much time or money on this stupidity- or I can leave. So I switched to Verizon. Got a better network, same amount of data, and actually now paying less per month because I no longer have an eternal $15/month "subsidized phone charge."

Original review: April 19, 2018

Sprint is the worse service ever!! I will never go back to Sprint and definitely do not recommend them to anyone! The service is ridiculous. One minute my phone works and then it doesn't. My phone was constantly going in and out, it was just horrible altogether!! Plus none of the team members seem to be on one accord with their information. I was promised discounts and had to fight monthly to get them and they still didn't want to give it to me! I don't like being lied to especially when I'm paying a lot of money. I expect good service!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I will never ever go back to Sprint. I would buy a pager and not have a phone to go back to Sprint. I paid over $340.00 to own my phone and get it unlocked. Guess what? It's not unlocked and they are looking to charge me $85.00 more for a ** phone. I did switch to Mint Sim $25.00 a month 10G per month. I love the service. I was paying $178.00 for 2 phones from Sprint and relay bad bad service. Good bye Sprint and your poor poor customer service.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I called and cancelled 1 of my wireless lines. Noticed a week later it's still on. Called and they said they can't cancel it till end of billing cycle. However when I start a line in the middle of a billing cycle they don't wait till my billing cycle starts to begin charging me. They prorate every second I'm using it. I believe I should be credited every second I'm not using it not having to continue to pay till end of billing cycle. I've been with Sprint for 10 years and this policy only benefits Sprint's pocketbook not mine. It's the principle of the matter. Take care of your customers or they will go elsewhere.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I log in to My Sprint account to purchase a mobile wifi hotspot. I already have a phone I purchased from them and have the account setup in my name. I am the only person on my account. I select the wifi hotspot model and go to purchase it and I get a message telling me I am not authorized to make purchases online. Again, I am the only one on my account. The customer rep says I have to log into my account and change my "preferences" so that I can make purchases towards MY OWN ACCOUNT. So, I log on and go to preferences to change the settings so I can make purchases towards my own account.

I get another message telling me I don't have the authorization to make changes. I'm wanting to pull my hair out. So, I get an email telling me my bill is ready to view online. I log in and the message comes up telling me, "an error has occurred and we are working on it. Please check back later." It has been like this for the past week. Sprint is absolutely horrible when it comes to online account management!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Sprint is the worse phone carrier! My husband and I decided to switch phone companies after 15 years U.S. Cellular. U.S. Celluar did away with the Rewards program so I thought I would look into other deals. When we switched to Sprint, we were told there were not contracts. We were also given a "buy one get one free" deal on the phones for switching. Within a few short months, they took the deal away from us and charged us full price on both phones because my husband tried to buy a phone so I could get mine free.

Evidently, they really didn't mean if you bought a phone you get one free. Sprint wants you to lease a phone and if you lease the entire phone you could get a phone free at the end of the contract (even though they said there were no contracts). We didn't learn this until after we paid for a phone and our bill went up $30 more dollars a month in addition to paying full price for both phones. Not only did they not apply the money to purchase the phone but they wouldn't give the money back. Through multiple phone calls, we finally got them to apply the $500 to purchase a phone to our account that increased $30 more dollars a month because we "broke our contract" by trying to do the responsible thing and purchase a phone instead of leasing.

It's mindblowing the fraud involved with this company! The supervisors would not give us ANY deal. They demanded that we pay $195 a month for two phones for the next 18 months because we tried to buy a phone to get one free instead of lease. We tried to go back to our original contract but they said we no longer qualify for ANY deals because we tried to buy our phones. I don't understand why they just didn't say we were not allowed to buy a phone only lease when we gave them $500 to buy the phone. We now pay twice the amount we paid at U.S. Celluar. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH SPRINT! THEY ARE A SCAM COMPANY! On top of it, we get poor reception. Our experience with Sprint has been a nightmare!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've had multiple issues with Sprint's billing practices over the past 2-3 years where the errors were either gross incompetence or intentional fee padding. A couple of years ago they screwed up a family plan change for unlimited talk & text. They left out 2 phones and I was being charged on a per-text basis. Big error for a couple of phones used by teenagers. The next egregious error or billing scam occurred when I signed up for the Shared High Speed 10G plan with unlimited, slower data after 10G. They put 3 of the 5 existing phones on the shared plan and left 2 phones on a $30/month each 2G plan. The most recent and final incompetence or fraud occurred when I moved to their Unlimited Data plan. It seems they made a mistake on crediting back the charges from the old plan while double charging me for the new plan.

I did get the chat agent to adjust these charges but getting Sprint to adjust for the prior 10G data set-up error was a joke and designed to frustrate the caller over the course of 3 hours. I spent an hour on chat where they agreed to refund $90 for the data plan set-up error. I was unhappy as the billing error occurred over a much longer time period. The chat "agent" said the most an agent could adjust for was $90. I was transferred to the next level management where the most he could adjust was $60. A call with the third level of escalation got me to $150. Since they we over-billing by $30/month for over a year and I was 3 hours in to getting this corrected I told him that wasn't sufficient and if that was the best he could do I would take my business elsewhere. He said "really" and hung up the phone. Customer since 2007. On my way to Verizon next month. I'll happily eat the cost of the 2 leased phones to never have to deal with Sprint again.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Sprint is by far the worst company I have ever had I have been with them for probably 10 years and what a mistake. I did not have service at my job, at my school or at home even with the wifi. I would miss important calls and text messages because I had no reception. Customer service is awful there always hidden fees and such. My bill is never the same each month. My brother and I are on a family plan and it's 180-200 each month. Like how is this even possible???

I switched to T-Mobile and they have excellent service our phone plan is about $120 a month with free Netflix and the taxes are included in the $120 price. I would not recommend anyone to sprint they suck!!! My recommendation to Sprint just merge with T-Mobile you bottom feeders. You suck and you're not even in competition anymore coming in at 4th place do yourself the favor and save yourselves from complete and utter embarrassment. By the way, stop calling my phone asking me to come back to Sprint. It will never happen.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My feeling dilemma is the same as most. I get my bills via the app every month, every month I'm assessed a late fee, every month I have to call and literally lose a full day's work over their billing issues. I'll explain. My bill arrives by the 13th to 16th latest. I pay by the 28th to 30th via the app. Sprint lags verifying the funds and now I'm late because when it finally clears it's the 4th or 5th. But this is my fault from what they say. I own a small business where every minute counts and spending a day on the phone costs me roughly $600 to $1000 a day. So with what I lose arguing with them and the work I'm not able to get done because I'm on the phone with them and everybody in the Philippines ends up costing $800 a month with time wasted. I'm going to switch soon. SCREW SPRINT!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have been with Sprint for over 10 years. Never missed a payment and always paid on time. We had 4 lines of service with them. We decided to switch carriers due to it being cheaper with better service and coverage. We have 10 phones now with another carrier for about the same as our Sprint bill. Called customer service a month ago and asked them when my final bill would be out so I can pay it. They informed me it would be out on the 21st of the month. I forgot about it and on the 31st of the same month they sent my bill to collections. They didn't even try to contact me or send a letter that the bill was due. Automatically sent to collections. There would have been no need to send this bill if they would have done what they said they were going to do and send me a final bill. I will NEVER go back to Sprint and urge anyone doing research to find another carrier.

Original review: April 12, 2018

3/28/18: Payment made. 4/5: Sprint confirms payment. Confirmation sent (which was useless because when I called woman could not get any info from #). 4/8: Sprint says bill past due. Call and woman has me answer 87 security questions. I tell her Sprint sends me an email with Conf #. Bank has conf # that money was withdrawn. Woman tells me "payment declined". Transfers me to Supv (she told me she'd do this 3 times). Supv proceeds to ask same security questions and I inform her the other woman would not have transferred call if I didn't first answer security questions. I hang up and call again.

Person I speak with refuses to transfer me to Clara ** at ext ** without first answering security questions. I hang up. One late payment after I get an email from Sprint 3 days ago and they shut down my service. GO BACK ONLINE and get a screenshot where it states "Payment made 3/28". Now they want $287.98... which I pay because I HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE OF FRAUD and my service has not been restored.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Today I have to celebrate as I am done with Sprint. Sprint is worst company ever. I wish I can give them zero or minus stars. I don't recommend this company to anyone. When you come aboard they make you feel that their company is a good one and will save your money, but they charge money more than the service deserves. The staff are non-professional, non-welcoming, misinform you, and cover up other staff mistakes.

First, they tell you about the Sprint insurance as it is better than AppleCare insurance and it will cover stolen, loss, or any physical damage. It is a lie, 'cause you have to pay deductible that even higher in cost than the actual damage (in addition to your monthly payment for the insurance). Second, we had 18 month contract with them, at the end of the 18 months, we went to the store and asked what are our options. The staff said, "You either return the phones, purchase them, upgrade, or keep paying your monthly bill with a lease for more 6 months and phones will be yours." After four months we wanted to check our balance and pay for them and purchase the phones. We went to the store, and they denied what they have told us. Basically, they told us we have to pay full price for the phones or return them. And we can call customer services, the customer services gave us a credit of $75 and they said that's all they can do.

But they cannot count the money we give toward pursuing the phone ($60 monthly for 4 months). Eventually to finish with this bad service, we bought the phones and switched to T-mobile where we get better service (1 GB with Sprint for two phones vs 20 GB with T-mobile) and way cheaper price (less than half what we used to pay for Sprint). I am wondering why no one can sue them with all mistakes and cheating they do. If the staff misinform us, why should be responsible for their mistakes and non-knowing about their rules. Finally, STAY AWAY from Sprint! I am so happy I am done with them!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

In 2016 Sprint advertised buy one get one free on the Samsung S7. My daughter's BF was a Sprint customer and we all were added to his acct and got 4 phones. Fast forward 2 years and the contract is up and now they want 150 per phone. They pulled a bait and switch and said we were leasing the phones. I went to the Sprint store to show the guy ads and articles from 2016 describing the big sale Sprint was having, and he said unless it was an OFFICIAL ad from Sprint articles didnt count cause the author had it wrong. I had more than one article BTW. THEY SUCK! I am not paying 150.00 for a free phone. I just found an official Sprint video ad from 2016 (2 of them in fact). I will be going back to the store to show this ** HIS OFFICIAL AD! I think they need a BIG LAWSUIT!

Original review: April 10, 2018

We left Verizon when Sprint was offering to "cut your bill" by 100-150 bucks. Since then, I NEVER have signal, my internet NEVER works. Even when I'm at home, where we have Wi-Fi, AND I'm connected. My apps have problems loading ALL THE TIME. I upgraded my phone, and received a phone with a broken sim card. I went to the sprint store, on day 23 of my 30 day warranty, and they told me they were unable to help me, unless I paid the $75 repair fee. They said this BEFORE they even looked at my phone!

We called corporate, and had to pitch a fit, and yell at countless "customer service representatives", just to get them to call our local store and tell them to fix my phone. They couldn't even stop the $75 fee! They could only, "credit my account $75." I still had to pay out of pocket for me to even get my phone serviced! ** Sprint! They are a worthless ** company. NEVER USE THEM! Not worth the "money I saved when I left Verizon. I'd gladly pay double what I've saved, just so I don't have to deal with their bullshit. This business shouldn't be around. ** them!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Previously, I was a Sprint customer for eight years. Making changes to the account was always challenging. Sometimes I had to go into the store and other times I had to call. My husband started a new account for our family and we called one night to cancel a line we didn’t need. Collectively we spent almost three hours calling and chatting to get this accomplished. Customer service would NEVER give us a follow-up avenue for the issues we encountered. The calls were “monitored” and refused to give a reference number or name with call. Sprint is cheaper and after years of struggle I know why.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have just left Sprint for the second time after 2 years and 3 months of service. We ported our numbers over to another cellular company because their coverage in our area is poor and their customer service is always subpar as well. The porting was completed on the 3rd day of the month. As a wonderful thank you for 2+ years of being their customer they have just sent me a bill charging me for the entire month of service, access fees, phone insurance and everything else for the entire month. Nothing like paying them for an entire month’s service when they only provided that service for 3 days. They say that it is in their terms and conditions and I am sure it is but, it is still unethical and has ensured that they will never have my business again. Any reasonable business would simply pro-rate everything to account for the days they provided coverage and bill accordingly. Absolutely, crooked policy and crooked company.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Do not choose this company!! I was looking to save money on my cell phone bill. Found Sprint online and called a customer service representative to see if maybe this would help me to save money. My current bill with Verizon was running $220 a month for 3 phones. I spent an inordinate amount of time (1 hour 40 minutes) and had a lot of questions which were answered fairly well. It sounded like it would work for me as new bill was going to be $175-180 with my corporate discount. They were going to pay off my existing phones and I could start fresh with Sprint phones. I was concerned that service would be poor because I work in a hospital around a lot of medical equipment and there is a lot of IT security for medical records etc. I was eventually offered a "free trial" where I could try the same phone I have now, iPhone 7 with Sprint service to see if it would work well enough for me where I work.

The free trial had me pay $28.05 up front. Wow, what happened to the free trial? I received the phone and had trouble activating, eventually after help from hospital IT and 2 phone calls to Sprint, it is working. Tech support states "known problem in your area". Service was not good. On the 2nd day of the trial, the phone is not ringing, another phone call to Sprint, tech support says it was "set on auto reject and to go directly to voicemail", wow how does that happen? It was working but most times I only had one or two bars and sound quality poor. Phone was okay at home. Went into local store to find out pricing for phone models and found out that phones were quite expensive with "forced insurance". Person in store figured bill would be not even close to what I got through main customer service number and frankly wasted my time.

I returned the phone before the 2 weeks till was finished and the person in the store said "they never should have charged you $28.05!" The person in the store tried to credit me back but was unable. I also asked if I would owe any additional money and he said no. He said I would get a check in the mail in a few days. I figured I was finished.

On April 6th, I received an email saying I was past due on my phone bill. I called customer service immediately. The agent was rude and said I owed money. He did not want to hear that I had returned the phone in the allotted time. I said I have a receipt from the store and he asked for the receipt number. The receipt was home and I was at work. I got no help at all. I called again on 4/9 to try rectify the charges and after spending an hour on the phone, I was directed to take my receipt to the store to prove the phone was returned. I asked to speak with a supervisor that "was unavailable". I threatened legal action and then miraculously, they could help me. I still have to wait for my $28 but this company makes it so hard for the average person to get the refund they deserve!! It is not even about the money for me. I will tell anyone I can about my situation and that SPRINT has unethical business practices and to steer clear of SPRINT!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

They're unprofessional and charge too much for little service. I have been on an emotional dollar coaster with this stupid company. I was charged with all these hidden fees, the customer service workers are rude and aren't informed enough because every time I called, they would give me different answers for the same question. I finally finished my contract and wanted out of my half... But the instructions I was given BY A WORKER was not what I needed to do to get out of the plan. I spent a whole week yelling at customer service workers because they didn't care that I was given the wrong instructions by one of their own that lead me in the predicament I was calling about. And then the lady who gave me the instructions changed the month to month plan so I could get more data until I cancel and added Hulu to the plan...

She never told me I would have to pay extra. She said it was a gift because of all the hell I went through and said she would credit me 50 dollars on the upcoming bill but guess what... THE BILL IS MORE THAN WHAT IT NORMALLY IS BECAUSE OF HER. Talked to customer service today and the lady didn't care about what I was told. She did give advice but she didn't care. So I have to pay money that I have but it will leave me broke because I was told the bill would be less. NEVER LEASE OR USE THIS PROVIDER.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Sprint's "complete" phone insurance is a scam. It is not complete, you will still pay 1/3 of the incredibly inflated costs of the repair. Cracked screen without insurance will cost approximately $300 for an outdated phone (iPhone 6); with insurance $115. Parts on Amazon are $35. After 3 years of poor service and dropped calls, I've waited far too long to change carriers.

Insurance may function the same way for all carriers, but customer care told me it was 100% covered, twice before taking the phone in. The first time, I was told at the store that I would still need to pay, so I called customer support back and they told me to go to another store then. So I did, where again I was told I need to pay. I called customer support a third time and was finally told that the complete insurance they offer only reduces the cost. Don't make my mistake and fall for their insurance scam. I just wish I could bill them $100 for making me drive to various Sprint stores in the area.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Did everything I could possibly do for closing my account with Sprint. Made sure my bill was paid when switching to new carrier. Then after switching to new carrier went home to sign on to mySprint to receive error that my account was no longer active. Was signed up on paperless and for me to see my account I would have needed access. No emails... Texts... Letters... From Sprint. Then the collection letters come... Robo-dialing you 4 times a day. Then magically after I contact Sprint I get an email on 03/24/18 and I can access my account.

To see that they kept my second line that was on standby and were charging me 40 bucks every 2 or so months. They didn't care that I wasn't able to see the issue and correct it before it became a problem. My lawyer instructed me, even though I may be able to win in small claims it would be much more painful if they win on some fine print in the contract. So after countless hours with their customer service they thank you for your loyalty and proceed to charge you for their screw up.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2018

I only give Sprint one star because I cannot give them zero. This is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have been stuck with them for two years and somehow they continue to find ways to make the service worse each month. The phone service (or lack of) is completely useless most days. Sometimes no phone or internet for days. When you contact customer service and get transferred and disconnected 5 times it’s typical to get a customer representative that barely speaks English and then they treat you like an idiot and try to blame you for the problems. "Have you tried to restart your phone?" Seriously? Inevitably you will get transferred until you get disconnected or give up altogether. Thankfully I have completed my horrific experience with these crooks and I will be dumping them this week. What a nightmare.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with Sprint. I am no longer able to call them for any help. They will only let customers use their online website. There are many times I would rather call them for a matter. There are times I am not able to do something online. For instance, I needed to update my discount last month. They would not let me do it over the phone and customer service would not listen to me. So, now I do not receive my discount anymore. This is just one example of how they are not willing to help you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have spent the better part of my evening on the phone with Sprint PCS. I see why their stock is only worth $4.50 a share and keeps declining. I came home to see that Sprint has sent me to collections without any notice after I switched to T-Mobile. They somehow sent me a bill on March 24th for a large sum of money. The bill said it was due 4/11/18. But they decided to send me to collections even though the bill was not past due. Their comment to me is that it will say paid in full on my credit report and only stay on for 7 years. I am so disgusted. I have excellent credit and now I am going to have to suffer and take a hit to my credit score that I have worked on for years. Also, they sound like a broken record and tell me that there is no one that they can escalate my call to. I don’t think I have ever felt like such a victim as I do now. I feel helpless and infuriated.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We have had our home phone number for over 25 years and just found out it was cancelled and the number transferred to Sprint. We have never had Sprint and did not cancel the number. In trying to solve this matter with AT&T (our current provider) we were informed that no one from their company released the number to Sprint yet it was transferred because Sprint retrieved it. This is theft, we did not authorize the release of this phone number and want it back.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Sprint is the absolute worst company I've dealt with ever. The most incompetent company ever. Never ever use this company. Their system gets hacked all the time. People put over 6k in charges on my account! And they charged my credit card. I've been on the phone with them now for 3 hours, 6 different people and still haven't closed my account or reversed the charges. Absolutely horrible!!

Sprint PCS Company Information