Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We recently switched to Sprint in Dec 2019, because we were tired of being nickel and dimed by Verizon, once we switched we started saving money immediately, and was very pleased with the customer service, especially since where we live good mobile coverage is hard to come by. Fast forward to June 2020, and our service would go out from time to time, but was usually back on fairly quick (about the time of the Sprint T-mobile merger). A week later our service went from full bars to one if we are lucky. We have contacted sprint about 10 times now, and its always the same run around "our systems show the tower in your area is fine" which is usually followed by making us restart our phones, and check this, etc etc etc. Then they put you on hold for a tech, wait 30 mins for them to answer, then get the same run around again. I'm giving them about 1 more week before they lose me as customer.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have been with Sprint since November 2019. Before I choose Sprint, I shopped and researched around for about 2 weeks. Sprint has the best coverage, deals, policies and customer care. I wanted the new iPhone devices. I currently lease 2 iPhone 11(s) for 20$ per device plus my monthly plan that is 45$ for 2 lines. The plan comes with unlimited Talk, Text & Data. Also, has Hulu, international calling, mobile hotspot 500MB and 5GB of data in Canada & Mexico. For both devices I also have Insurance for loss, protection and damage, you can research the details. It is very affordable. I will receive an upgrade for both devices in a few months, which will cost me little to no charge. Whenever I have any inquiries/questions Sprint has a very knowledgeable, understanding, stellar and impeccable representatives/customer care. I would highly recommend Sprint to my Family and my Friends.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I signed up for Sprint Unlimited Premium for $70/mnth w/ $5 autopay discount recently. Below is my brief experience with the process. Moving from AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan (unlimited talk/data, but limited txt messages and no hotspots) with an employer discount that came out roughly the same price. AT&T was my first cell carrier and I never tried any other carrier. Been with them roughly 20yrs. Porting my number was a new experience.

The signup process was pretty painful. Although my current iPhone 8 plus is unlocked thru AT&T GSM, it's not cross compatible with CDMA. So went thru the extra hassle of buying a used phone on eBay that could handle both signals. Found one in excellent condition and a better battery life. Will be selling mine for roughly the same price. The next step was painful/lot of work as I couldn't signup thru the website. Had to call. Spoke to someone who appeared to be overseas due to his thick accent and his phone connection was terrible. Lot of static background noise and I could hear myself echo thru his headset.

Managed to get a SIM Card and activation without extra cost. Took about 2 business days to get SIM Card. I want to say total phone conversation between two different days was 1 1/2-2hrs probably including waiting for someone to answer/on hold while they inputted my info. Near the end of the call, he really tried selling me the additional insurance plan that would cover any damages/replacement of my phone. I had to refuse at least 6xs.

Haven't really had an opportunity to test signal while driving due to COVID-19, but have experienced a brief dead zone near where I live (I live in Central Florida/Orlando). Too early to tell whether moving to Sprint was worth it or a mistake. When COVID-19 subsides and we can commute to work/school again, I will be heavy on data. I like to stream music/howard stern on Sirius App. So will be disappointed if I experience a lot of data drops and will revisit with a better review once I can test.

$300 giftcard is nice and hope it actually happens. Extra bonus points for getting Amazon Prime as my membership just expired before I moved. And additional bonus points for Tidal and Hulu. I'm hoping with Sprints merger with TMobile that they will provide good service / jump on the 5g bandwagon fairly soon...and not ditch the prime membership. Also, when I activated my phone, it was stuck on 3G. I had to do some tinkering/self google troubleshooting to get it on LTE. Glad I didn't have to call customer service and managed to self resolve.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I left Verizon because of the poor customer service to go to Sprint. It was rocky for the first year because what the salesman on the phone told me and reality were different. It was a pain for that period of time. I would call every month, thinking that the problem was resolved, only to find out the next month that indeed it was not taken care of. I do think Sprint has the best plans, however, where we live, Sprint does not have the best reception. But I refuse to go back to Verizon. I gave them enough chances. Cell phone companies have everyone in a predicament, because we are so tied to our cell phones.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I went into this location expecting to have to purchase a new phone thinking mine had died and I hadn't had it that long. I spoke to Wilford and explained my phone would not charge. He assessed the situation and said all I needed was a new charger and cable. I realty appreciated his honesty he could have sold me a new phone that I didn't need and never would have been the wiser and i couldn't afford right now. Thanks for hiring people with integrity.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I never really had a problem until in 2018 my contract was about to expire. I went in to upgrade. I Spoke with the sales lady on duty that day and she told me I could save $20.00 if I switched plans from unlimited everything to 55 plus. The only down size was the loss of Hulu. I weighed the cost difference and decided if I paid for hulu I still would save. I wanted unlimited text and phone data and she said I still would have that. So I switched. By the time I got home hulu was turned off. I signed up for hulu and paid for it myself.

This year 2020 I'm eligible to upgrade again. So in talking to the salesman I never was put on 55plus. I spoke with customer service and got a huge runaround. In the end it's my fault for not telling them earlier. I don't pay the bills so I didn't know there was not an amount difference. Ok I understand that. But why was hulu turned off? Customer service didn't understand my question and couldn't help me. I feel like it's difficult to have an intelligent conversation with people who don't speak fluent English. I feel like I got the short end of the stick. I'm not happy with being booted off of hulu having to pay for it when it's supposed to be included in my plan.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The main reason I upgraded to the LG V-50 from my LG V-40 was its supposed access to 5G networks. During the last year, I only got connected to 5G about three times at a few hot spots around Austin, where I live. Anyway, now that Sprint and T-Mobile have merged, the 5G networks that the V-50 could access are no longer going to be supported. I got gypped on this phone, not because it isn't a great device - it is - but the 5G promise has been broken by Sprint's being bought out by T-Mobile. At minimum, owners of the Sprint version of the LG V-50s should be compensated by getting a substantial allowance for a new 5G capable phone that will work in the future.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been a Sprint customer for years. 2 months ago I got a new phone, Samsung galaxy a74. Two months after I got it there was a software update. Was not able to charge phone after update. I paid for warranty on phone. Tried to do claim online and could not do it because T-mobile changed access. Went to Sprint store and they could not help because T-mobile changed their access and was sent to T-mobile store.

We hourn ht to T-mobile store and was told they could not help me because I was a Sprint customer and I had to call tech support. When I called tech support they told me that I would need to change information myself because they cannot. I spent 600 on a phone that an update broke after 2 month. I pay insurance on the phone. Now I have no phone at all, paid for a warranty that I cannot claim because both companies tell me that they cannot help me!!!! Between no online help, no help at actual stores of both Sprint and T-mobile, and no phone tech support what am I to do??? This entire experience has been horrible and took up 9 hours of my day! No resolution.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have been with Sprint for well over 25 years. I became disabled and moved from Pennsylvania to Florida in May of 2015. I have lost 80% of my income and struggle daily to function. On May 23, 2015 I called Sprint to give them my new Florida address. Five years later I realize that Sprint is still charging me PA fees and taxes on my monthly bill on top of the Fl taxes and fees. So I got my monthly bills mailed to Florida, starting on 5/23/15 and sold my PA home. I have spent 6 months on hold and waiting for calls back to get this resolved. IT was their mistake and they will do nothing to fix it or give me a credit. KEEP SCREWING THE DISABLED SPRINT. WHAT A TERRIBLE AND HORRIBLE COMPANY> AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I am already a customer, much to my own disappointment. I have received over 20 calls outside of the legal hours permitted for telemarketing offering me services I already have, from 8 pm to 5 am usually. Their call center staff is NOT trained at all to actually assist customers, only to sell. If they cannot sell anything, they become belligerent. Will be changing companies as soon as able and filing a formal report against Sprint/T-Mobile.

Sprint Company Information