2.69/5
Based on 2,173 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

5941 Sprint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Sprint lied to me to get me to agree to a credit check then when my credit was run told me I couldn't get the deal they promised to me. They will not reverse the credit check and have been the rudest group of customer service employees I've ever dealt with. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE save yourself the headaches and choose a different carrier. I was fooled by the cheaper prices and offers but was lied to 17 times (I documented them all) over the course of the 3 days I had their service.

They have a term they told me to use instead of lying: "wrong information". Apparently they lie to people so much they have had to coin a new term for it. I am amazed they haven't been put out of business as they routinely abuse consumers. I went with Verizon and am super happy. For $10 more a month my service actually works and Verizon employees have been a pleasure to deal with so far. Choosing Sprint as your carrier is like buying a lemon of a car, sure you can say you have a car, but every time you drive it you will end up stuck on the side of the road.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have recorded numerous calls to Sprint. And after speaking to numerous customer service reps and supervisors and no changes have been made they have made so many errors on my account with so many erroneous charges starting from the Sprint store in Hemet, Ca. My bill was $280.00 and went up to $368.00+ every month and every time I speak to someone they promise they are going to do something about the extra fees and nothing is ever done... I'm so unsatisfied with this company... I urge people not to do any business with company!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Sprint will lie and cheat you with their policies that change with the wind and will tell you whatever they need to to get you off the phone. I have spent hours and hours trying to sort out bills that were nowhere near what I was told my monthly bill would be. They told me they would give me a free phone and phone line as part of their December 2018 promotion. I told them I only have 4 family members so I didn’t want the extra phone (some piece of junk that they clearly couldn’t unload on anyone). They sent it anyway so I called and they said to return it to a local corporate store. I spent an hour of my valuable time dealing with millennial slackers that acted like I was asking them to turn water into wine.

They finally took the phone back after making me wait an hour, gave me a receipt and I left. Next bill, the phone is still on my account, along with a charge for service. I NEVER activated this phone and I had returned it within their return period AND they said I wouldn’t have to pay a penny for it. So I spend another hour trying to explain this mess to 3 different agents who barely speak English and it ends with a promise that a supervisor will call me back. Of course that never happened and the next month, my bill is even bigger for no apparent reason and the phone I returned AND the service charge are also still on there. More hours of my life wasted trying to talk to agents about the phone, the service charge and the mystery increase in my bill.

At this point, I have spoken to no less than 8 agents, 2 supervisors and spent 9 hours on the phone. Next bill comes, nothing has been adjusted. I call yet again and they tell me they don’t have the returned phone and I need to prove I returned it. I have to dig out my receipt from 3 months prior, take a photo of it and jump through a million hoops to get the photo to the agent. They promise someone will call me to confirm the phone and line are off my account and investigate why my bill jumped so high. Of course, again, no call back. At this point I am determined to not give up, as they clearly expect me to do. 4 more calls, 5 more agents and another 7 hours of my life and my bill is finally where it should be, but I imagine that could change at any time. I’m only with them because it will cost me a fortune to get out of my “lease” agreement. Do yourself a favor and run fast and far away from Sprint. They are the WORST.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Sprint is the absolutely most difficult and lying mobile device company I have ever dealt with. I am trying to get a warranty repair on a pre-owned device and they have jacked me around twice now. I did everything they asked and I call back again and am told they need to look into things again. After the first call debacle they also promised a $50 credit to my son's account and that never materialized. So absolutely frustrating. I will purposely never do business again and will make sure that anyone who asks me knows what ** customer service rules they have. I am not angry with the representative but their systems lack all customer respect.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I went into a store to lower my bill because it is entirely too high. They told me I was due for an upgrade and this would lower my bill by almost $40 each month. They also offered me an iPad cuz they had some promotion going on... I didn’t want one. More did I need one but the kid told me it wouldn’t raise my bill and if I didn’t like it I had 30 days to return it. This was on 03.26.19. I called customer care on 04.12.19 to return it as we just don’t use it! I was told to take it back to the store because I was within the 30 day return period. Today, 04.16.19, I took it into the store only to be told they changed their return policy YESTERDAY to 14 days so I am not eligible to return it now! They told me to call customer care. Called customer care as I was leaving the store.... After over an hour on the phone with them I’m told there’s NOTHING they can do because they reserve the right to change their policy at any time!!!!

They WILL NOT take this thing back and said the best they can do is give me a $10 credit each month for 10 months!!!! Absolutely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced! I don’t understand how they can make me keep this thing?!? What a horrible company to do business with!!! I have been a customer over 4years and they basically told me, “OH WELL SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!!” So I either pay over $2100 to cancel my whole account contract (2 iPhones and this darn iPad) or suck it up and pay monthly until my 18 months is through. BE CAUTIOUS with them cuz they change policy whenever they see fit and don’t honor the original contract I sign!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: April 16, 2019

A bill due to Sprint showed up my credit file. It’s was very difficult to get my information to the person on the other end of the phone. She was a smartass. I would never give them my address for anything. Good luck if you ever fraud account with them. You will never get it taken care of. And who wants to be on the phone with a collector from Sprint acting like she is a boss of something. Just go somewhere else and tell them to stick it up their **.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have 6 phone lines on my Sprint account and unfortunately one of the phones was stolen. I reported the phone as lost and stolen but it has taken 7 months and multiple calls to Sprint’s customer service to cancel the line and stop the monthly charges for a phone line that doesn’t exist. Each time I called I was told the line would be canceled and the bill credited which never happened. After yesterday’s call customer service apologized for not canceling the line but would only credit back the last 2 bills.

Sprint response

Dear George Sarris,

Thanks for providing your contact information we will have an Executive Analyst contact you.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I got a plan with Sprint that seemed too good to be true. They offered buy one get one free on Apple iPhones as well. I went ahead and did it, switching from Verizon. We were told the leasing would be done at 18 months where we would be able to pay off the phones or continue to lease until they were paid off which would be at 24 months. We later found out they freeze the lease at around $200 left to buy your phones and then it never pays down until you call in to pay it off. We were paying $32 a month per phone that was paying it down until the $200 and then was never going toward anything. They were just going to keep taking the money forever. It is designed to rip you off and that says a lot about a company. I will always pay more to go to a company that is honest than save some money on a company that is trying to cheat me. I will never use Sprint again. I will do my best to ensure I cost Sprint more money than they stole from me.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Biggest rip off. Had three lines with them and one phone died so we went back and got another phone. The sales lady told us to sign up for auto pay and it would be cheaper for us to switch from 40 gigs a month to unlimited. Said it would lower my bill 20 bucks. So I did. Then she started giving us a Sprint drive and a otter box for the new phone and put Liquid glass on the new phone. Well our bill got cheaper for one month and then started going up 10 bucks a month and then jumped to 397 bucks a month.

So I went to AT&T. Called Sprint they told us to bring the phones back to them at a store. So we drive a hour to the Sprint store for them to tell us they will send us a package for the phones. And we owe the 170 bucks for the liquid glass and 110 bucks for the Sprint drive. Plus our 400 dollar bill. Do use Sprint. Biggest mistake I have ever made and will never go back. Looks like they would try and keep your business to where maybe you would come back.

Original review: April 14, 2019

First of all the billing. Sprint is one of the most companies that rob you. They have so many surcharges. They’re very dishonest. I purchased a 1000 phone from them Galaxy S Plus 10. Those phones do not work. They keep exchanging it for same phone. THEY DO NOT WORK BUT THE 14 DAYS IS UP. NOW I DO NOT WANT IT. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. All of them now they still want to give me another phone same one. Sprint customers service said those phones something is wrong from.

On phone for 3 hours being transferred to every wrong department. I still have a 1000 phone that I purchased not free. These people have given me anxiety. I don’t want a phone. I’d rather use a payphone. Thanks Sprint for all their extra billed usage surcharges. They’re ridiculous pricing and I’ve been a customer since 2008. The only reason I’m still using Sprint is that's the only place that accepted my credit report. They’re highway robbery. My Sprint bill is more than mortgage payment. Something wrong.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I contacted Sprint on 04/13 to cancel my account due to poor previous experiences with customer service. The agent that was assisting me over the chat was very helpful. Name Ernesto - after offering me a discount with autopay and mentioning the upgrade eligibility available in my account. I told him I will consider the options and call back if we decide not to cancel. Less than an hour later go back to the chat and speak to Young M. The agent said he was able to add the autopay on the account but was unable to help me with the he upgrade because I have to call Telesales to do it. I asked the agent if there will be any fees involved with this and he stated, "No, there will be no fees and if there are, we will waive them for you."

After contacting Telesales the agent OPID- HC** was not trying to help me with the a upfront fee which I told him the previous agent said the fees will be waived. After going back and forward the agent released the line and I had to call back. Spoke to Rose and she told me they cannot waive the fees but maybe another department with more access was able to add the credit to compensate for the fees. However, this was after business hours so I would have to call back the next day. I went back to the chat hoping they will be able to help and after 3:30 hours I was unable to have my promised request fulfilled. The last person I spoke to was a supervisor Simone, and she mentioned to call back and to ask for the resolutions department.

Next day I call back and ask for the resolutions department. Again the runaround and being transferred 4 times before reaching someone. Lucy in this department said they cannot fulfill the request because they don’t have the access (again the supervisor told me they do the night before, (more lies)). After which I told her to just send me to cancel my account I could not deal with this any more. The cancellations department tried to transfer me again to sales and at last offered me to give me $75 off the upfront fee but I still need to pay the total amount $200. This took me 5:15 to get to this point. The stressed along from them is horrendous and the customer service is outrageous. I will complete my last 6 months of my contract and never use them as a provider ever again. Account over 5 years old. Total time with the company 8+ years.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I have never felt so belittled, disappointed and frustrated with a large corporate company. I have been with Sprint for 14 years. My husband called back in October 2018 to cancel our hotspot which is $60 a month. This was never done. I called back in April of this year after I took charge of the bills and called Sprint to let them know this was never taken off the account. The first time I called I talk to Marcus. He assured me that the $480 with a credit to my account. Due to the fact that this was their error. He then transferred me over to account services where I talked to Nicole, who was going to talk to her manager due to the fact that this refund was too large for her to approve. After a few minutes the call was dropped while I was on hold. I call back to talk to Travon and told my story for the 3rd time.

I was told that I would not be able to get my full refund of $480, even though it was their error and it falls back on me, the customer, because I received a statement every month and as a good consumer I should’ve looked over my statement and call them as soon as it was possible once I noticed the error, which is what I did. I was also told it is Sprint policy to only refund back for the two months, even if it is THEIR error. And as a good consumer I should I of have done research in the company and look up their policies.

I was told I would be able to find this policy of online. Which I have not found. I asked to speak to the supervisor in charge, Nicie, I was told that she was walking around and that she was going to tell me the same Travon told me. Since she was the one that told Travon what to say. After going in round in circles for 5 minutes I ended the call. Needless to say I will be returning my iPhone X to Sprint and canceling my 4 lines with them.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Absolutely the worst phone plan available, save your time and money, go to Verizon first. I learned this the hard way, you don’t have to. Knowledge and skill level of Sprint representatives is very low, mostly part timers.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I’ve been a Sprint customer for over 8 years now. Every single time I go to talk to a representative on the phone or at my local store I’m always getting told a different ** story. Can’t upgrade my phone because I have a 12 cr to the bill. Oh the website says, "You're eligible for a upgrade not in the store you're not. You will receive your new phone in 2 business days." 6 days later still haven’t receive a phone. Can’t get my last name right on the account. IT'S ** NOT HALT! Oh and then I pay fees to the University to Michigan when I’m not even a student. Takes me off one plan. Puts me on another without my act knowledge. Literally over this phone company!! Oh! I pay the $10 overnight shipping fee and still takes a week to receive my new phone. I guarantee everyone I will be taking them to court soon!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I signed up with them because they seemed to offer great deals. Turned out I’ve been screwed since I signed up. They charge me $155/month for a service that hardly ever works. I’ve had prepaid phones through Cricket that work significantly better for cheaper. What is the point of unlimited data if your data never works? Customer service has always been friendly but they resolve absolutely nothing. Calls drop and the majority of the time I can’t talk on the phone unless I’m connect to WiFi because the service is truly terrible consistently. I tell everyone to stay far away from Sprint and never even consider it no matter how good the deal seems. Once my phone is paid off I will no longer be a customer.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Sprint was supposed to do a buyout from Verizon and hasn’t done it. Every time I call I get a person from India who can’t help or understand me. They offer no management assistance or anything. If you are thinking of switching don’t. The price isn't worth the aggravation.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We had 3 lines. Paying $239 a month. One phone was eligible for an upgrade, we paid off the lease of that device $28.00. The kid that helped us said not only would we leave with the new phone but our bill would be the same amount or less. I ended up paying $109.76 for the new device. Was told to try the Sprint Drive for two weeks free. After two weeks if we didn’t want it then we could return it. Day 14 Store was closed, we find out the evening of day 14 our bill increased to $337.00 a month. Called corporate. They stated I was put on the premium plan and the Sprint Drive plan.

I told them I didn’t authorize a plan upgrade to premium. I wanted to give the Sprint Drive back. Not my fault the store was closed. Was told they would cancel the plan, switch me back to the original plan and send a return kit. I called two days later to see when the kit was mailed. Nope it wasn’t! I was told I had to get the Drive back in a certain amount of time or be charged. I find out now I’m still going to be charged for that device whether I give it back or not.

ALSO my plan contract ends May 1, but because I still have 7 months for the lease of the phone I either pay another $203 AND send back the phone in good condition or keep playing the lease but automatically be renewed for two more years. No matter what they are bending us over for more and more money. I have been with Sprint for 7 years but they don’t care at all. Just want to suck in new customers with their bait and switch techniques.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Last year at one point I had an iPhone 6 on my mom's ATT plan. I wound up accidentally breaking the phone so I decided it was time to get my own service as well as get an upgrade, thinking an iPhone X. I got the prices from ATT and decided that I would think about it. Then a Sprint representative offered a similar deal, plus an iPad with unlimited data as well. Thinking this would be good for my gf and I, I signed the contract and went for it. I regret it every single day.

Sprint's cellular service is absolutely terrible all the time. I live in the SF Bay Area, so I'm not in some middle of nowhere rural area, but I'm either at two little bars of LTE and or on 3G service and frankly, there is no difference. If you are here to research Sprint service before signing I just want to give you fair warning. I haven't had problems with the billing or customer service, but what I've gotten is absolutely terrible. I feel I could have gone to any even cheaper competitor and likely gotten the same service for much less than $240 or so a month. The iPhone 6 on ATT was leagues and leagues better at anything that required an internet connection; the X is shiny, new, operates faster when it comes to anything else, but the service keeps it anchored down.

Original review: April 11, 2019

If you use Apple DO NOT USE SPRINT! You can not use Data and or GPS - Maps while you are on a phone call! It is Neutered service and they don't tell you about it during your signup and won't let you out of your 2 year contract. It's basically fraud! They have told me 8 times of the the past year and a half it will be fixed in a month or so. That it works fine on an Android! Good for them! I'm an Apple Developer so that won't fly. I am currently looking for an attorney to sue them over this. Worse yet they either don't answer their phones and or hang up on you after you have been waiting 20+ minutes. And there is more! Their coverage and Data speeds are very slow and low. STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I switched to Sprint two years ago and have never seen the rate they promised. I spent countless hours on the phone and in person with no resolution just being sent from one person to the next. My advice is not to believe a word they say and in this case do not sign the contract or any agreement for a phone until you or your lawyer has read the fine print!! I would have to say this is one of the most unethical (or in the very least very proficient in the bait and switch) mobile phone companies I have dealt with. I wish I could rate them no stars!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Go somewhere else (but where???). I have already spent so much time trying to give them money, I quit! They are ridiculous. I spent three hours on the phone then they need to validate my identity??? What? I am not applying for credit, I worked for Sprint for 10 years. I need to provide two forms of ID at a store front that does not offer the online deal I signed up for... It a racket and they are all in cahoots, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T... Phil.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I got this phone in July, 2018. I have had problems since Dec, 2018. They replaced the first one and it is doing the same thing. They forced me to buy insurance while it was still under warranty. I get horrible reception, I can hear the person. They cannot hear me. Sprint’s customer service number cannot call my phone. Goes directly to voice mail. The latest, I called them on April 5th, after being on the phone with them for six hours and several people they said they will have tech support research this and call me back if not Saturday then Monday.

I waited Monday, called them Tuesday 3 times, called today 2 times. They said they would expedite my case to the highest level. What a joke!!!! I still haven’t receive a call. Do you really think they will call me. Heck no!!!! This has been going on over 4 months. They won’t take the phone back. I’m stuck with this phone till the lease runs out in January 2019. They won’t let me get a different phone unless I pay for this one that does not work. 100% satisfied. Another joke.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We switch from Verizon to Sprint over a year ago. We received the wrong devices in the mail then was told we had to pay for them and also were refurbished phones too when we order new phones. We had to call customer service and tech support numerous times. Our bill has been over $200 every month for only 2 lines. We are looking for different cell service and regretfully changed our plans and phones. Also the phones are locked so you are stuck with Sprint.

Original review: April 10, 2019

They lied about my bill and the their phone payment plan is a lie also. Their network coverage is crap, nothing works even with full bar. They made it super difficult for you to leave this company. Why this company still exists I don’t understand.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I added 3 phone lines in January and was quoted no more than 200 a month. I get my 1st month's bill and it's almost 400 dollars. I have called for a month straight to get this resolved and all I get is more lies and the run around. Stay clear at all cost. Big rip off.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Sprint store at 4170 W Division St., Suite 100, St.Cloud, MN. We bought 4 phones and realized there was no service except in towns/cities so wanted to cancel service and return the devices within the 14 day “satisfaction guarantee”. We brought them to the same store they were purchased from and the Supervisor there -** - refused to take them. He said I needed to call CS to cancel the lines. I asked if after I did that (I planned to do that in-store), if he’d take them, and he was insistent that “under no conditions would the store accept the return.”

I stepped to my car and called the number - spoke to an amazing rep - Natasha - who asked to chat with Supervisor ** from the store. We went back inside and I asked Tech ** if he would see see if Supervisor ** could take a call from a rep for Sprint. ** came out from the back and walked right by us - I said “excuse me, we were just in here - about the returns, and I called the number you gave me. And I have them on the phone, and Natasha said she’d like to talk with you...” He said - “Well, I am busy, and I’m not just going to stop what I’m doing because you need something - you’ll have to wait until someone is available.” I asked “aren’t you available?” And he said “Not for a personal phone call, I’m not” and walked back into the back room.

I explained to Natasha what was happening. She summoned her manager, and asked me to request Supervisor ** manager. I asked Tech ** to please pass on the message, which he did. Tech ** went to the back room, came back and said Supervisor ** was going to lock up and then he’d be over. ** emerged and did some “closing up” tasks, then agreed to talk to Natasha. Natasha then put her Manager - Justina - on the phone. Supervisor ** lied - told Manager Justina, he told us he would take the phones, if we just called to cancel the lines! After the call, Supervisor ** said “someone will help you when they’re available”, then returned to closing down the store.

Tech ** helped diffuse our frustration by chatting with us while we waited. Then Sales Rep ** took GREAT care of us! His friendly and understanding approach and commitment to resolution was outstanding! Many times, Sales Rep ** had to go into the back room to ask Supervisor ** a question about how to proceed, because ** refused to come out and assist. In the end, we were able to return our devices and cancel our service - but Supervisor ** made the experience unnecessarily painful. He lacked professionalism, customer service, integrity and maturity in the way he conducted himself.

It is baffling how someone with such poor social skills and subpar customer relations is in a position of supervising anyone or anything. Huge thanks to Tech ** and Sales Rep ** for stepping up for quality customer service! I should also add that when we signed up with Sprint, Sales Rep ** was amazing to work with too! Had it not been for Supervisor **, this could have been a positive experience.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I cancel Sprint because the promotion I had for 5 lines was going to go up and the bill was already too high so not worth it. So I decided to find another carrier that will give a better plan. I moved asap. I pour out two devices and my new company was going to pay off devices and termination fee. So, now Sprint generated another bill when I'm already cancel service with them. Now I'm trying to solve this mistake they did and, they keep passing me to agent to agent and they hang up on me more than 5 times after I explained to them. So if you are trying to fix a problem once you cancel they will not want to fix anything.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I signed up with Sprint in 2017 (thankfully my contract is over this weekend and I will not be returning). I did the buyback program sending my own phone back for a discounted new phone. When I contacted them to find out why the credit was never applied to the account the response I received was "All I can confirm is that the device was received and processed on 11/13/2018, in good condition, with the APPLE494 promotional code attached. After we process the device, Customer Care should approve the promotion on the account and apply the credit. They will need to be contacted for more information." Needless to say a perfectly good phone was lost and between $200/$300 was paid that should not have been to this company! I also had no luck with service in my area which did not make the experience any better.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We've been with Sprint over 25 years, changed plans maybe 3 times in those years. Always lack of good choice of phones but we settled for something, rates always went up and up and coverage was always worse than our friends or neighbors. The online experience via the internet or app was good, Then all of a sudden without notice they changed security and demanded ultra high passwords, special characters, caps, lower case and numbers, OK then would not let you see the passwords when entering them so errors happened then you got locked out with only a few tries. They forced password changes and no use of the previous password even if there was no security breach.

What this did is cause you to write the passwords down which is worse than a short password because now people can see it all the time. Then they hid your own Sprint account number from your online pages, stopped paper bills and the constant problems logging on we just stopped using the online sites and apps. It was too difficult, all with the lame excuse "we make it hard and impossible for you as the customer" for YOUR own protection. Sorry we changed to Google Fi and love it, quick customer support, easy changes, not complicated passwords, all simple and cheaper. Almost half the price and Worldwide coverage without the high prices. Sprint wanted $25 for 7 days when overseas. Good bye Sprint.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Sprint in Vancouver, WA was not helpful and in fact, twice (in 2 times the one located off Mill Plain near I205) located at 305 SE Chkalov Dr Ste 101, Vancouver, WA 98683, flat out could not help me. The first time was at 3 weeks ago in March 2019 was after waiting in line and waiting for nearly 2 hours and was just after had gotten the Apple XR along with cell phone service.

Have gone to the location several times at another location In Vancouver, WA located at 530 SE 192nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98683. They seemed like they knew what they were doing but do not actually think they did since lost my contact information from previous cell phone several times. They kept resetting it. The phone cannot get cell calls or send out text nor emails. Also is very difficult to hear on the phone even when it is set all the way up. They refused to help me even after being sent from this store to the other one since they were to close in 15 minutes, even when raced to get there BEFORE their closing time.

Sprint has poor customer service and non-working Apple XR cell phones or don't really know how to even set them up so they can work even though they sell these cell phones as part of their promotion package. Stay away from Sprint since just want your money and not to help nor actually help a cell work correctly! Thanks, Kris **.

Sprint Company Information