1.28/5

Sprint PCS Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5842 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've been trying to return my phone since 1/31/18. I ported my number over to T-Mobile because Sprint's service is horrible! I'm told by Sprint I can return the phone to the store. I go to the store to be told they cannot take the phone back because the line was ported over. I call Sprint; spend 1 hour 47 minutes on the phone to get a kit sent. I week later still no kit. I call back they said the kit was sent to my Bronx address even though I gave them my GA address.

This phone call took 2 hours to find out why this happened and to supposedly have the phone sent to the right address. They said the order would be expedited and I would receive in 3 day. Fast forward to 2/11; still no kit. I look online and it says it was shipped to the Bronx. I have my sister check the mail and there is no kit. I call back spend another hour plus on the phone with a supervisor who ensures me the kit is being sent to GA. Sure; it is...

Today, Feb 21st NOTHING!. I have been on the phone for 1 hour and 57 minutes so far while they try to figure out what's happening. Now they tell me UPS never picked up the kit even though it says it was shipped. How UTTERLY RIDICULOUS is the **? I'm so annoyed with this nonsense. I ask them to just send me a prepaid label via email so I can drop this in the mail. They can't do that. I ask, what's the address to the return center? You can't send it directly. Yet, you want to charge me a $20 late fee (which they so generously credited) and have the cost of the phone sitting on my bill because an ENTIRE CORPORATION can't send a return kit? I WOULD NEVER give SPRINT ANOTHER PENNY OF MY MONEY FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE! DO BETTER!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

What can I say about Sprint? Lie #1: Nine years ago I was in college and decided I needed to stop mooching off my parents and got my own phone bill. I went with Sprint because of the unlimited data plan, albeit spotty service. I was in the military and was promised a military discount. After about a year I noticed my bill increased and realized my military discount had disappeared. When I asked about it I was told there was an employee discount on my account for the past year but they were not allowed to do that anymore. Over the course of the next 6 years I routinely asked about my military discount. Whether I went in person, talked over the phone, or used the online chat feature I was given the runaround that always came back to dead links. I never saw a military discount.

Lie #2: I’m married now and my wife is signed up for the iPhone Forever plan, with written documentation. The first time we attempted to get the new phone it turned into a month long battle proving we were a part of the iPhone Forever plan and then explaining what that meant. I was told the plan wasn’t valid because the employee that assisted us wasn’t a good employee and messed up my account, again I provided written documentation. Eventually she got a new iPhone. The next trade in went smoothly, but the third trade in we were informed that plan was no longer offered by Sprint and there was nothing that could be done.

Reoccurring issue: While away on military training my phone died. I was able to run into town and lease a new one, the only problem was the representative put my wife’s number on my phone and turned my wife’s phone off. I was in Wisconsin and she was in Tennessee. I handed him my broken phone and clearly told him the number associated with it. After hours of explaining the problem, it was finally corrected. That stupid mistake caused so many issues and confusion among Sprint representatives because for years our numbers were reversed on my account.

Autopay issues: Signed up for the autopay because Sprint offers a discount if you select autopay, DON’T. Out of nowhere my bill doubled one month and autopay deducted it straight out my bank account. When I questioned what caused the sudden increase I was told there was a misunderstanding??? Instead of refunding my money to my account for the wrongful charge, Sprint applied a credit to my account. SIDE NOTE: Multiple Sprint employees have told me in person they don’t use autopay because the numerous billing issues.

Lie #3: After seeing my bill steadily increase without reason and feeling exhausted from discussing it with Sprint, I asked to leave. Instead, a supervisor informed me that because I was a long time loyal customer and I stated I wanted to cut ties with Sprint, that he was able to enroll me in the same unlimited data plan but for $50 less. Two months later my bill increases again and I notice part of the $50 less was a loyalty credit that counted for only two months.

Sprint is absolute garbage when it comes to customer service. They claim to keep logs/notes of the conversations but can never seem to produce them other than “I see that you called in this month”. There is zero accountability and nothing but finger pointing. Oh, and if you are an employee at Sprint and have been assigned to reach out to me in regards to this review, piss off.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Sprint gives terrible service. We recently got new phones and we asked them not to put any insurance on them. Yet, they still did. We didn't know until we got our bill. Once we got our bill it was higher than what we usually pay. We called them and we were told that we had insurance on the phones when we asked them not to, we had other charges that we didn’t know! They cut one of our lines, they said they couldn’t put the line back until we paid $89!!! We told them we would pay it the 28th, which is a few days away because we did not have the money right now. They did not work with us at all! We ask to speak with a manager and they said they didn’t have one! We’ve always paid our bill on time and the whole amount, the fact that they couldn’t work with us is ridiculous. The service is terrible, the customer service is terrible too. We will be looking for another cell phone company now. We been having way too many issues with Sprint. This was the last straw.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I live in Shelby Michigan where Sprint coverage is suppose to be LTE, not top of the line LTE, but nonetheless. I have bottom 3G service most of the time, and have to rely on WIFI if I want to do anything serious with my phone. I have complained many times about the coverage in the area, pointing out that their coverage map shows LTE service in my area. I have had them refresh my phone, troubleshoot my phone, even have one rep promise to get the service tower checked out then call back a few days later. Six months later I still haven't gotten a follow-up. The unlimited plan isn't unlimited either. If you hit a certain amount of data usage in the month, you won't get charged overage. No. You just will barely be able to use your phone because they slow the data way down on it.

Sprint seems to have a lot of false promises, at least in this area, with little to no concern on rectifying any of the issues presented to them. I will likely be looking into different coverage in the future as I have been fighting them for over a year now to live up to their promises as far as making an effort to keep customers in their smaller consumer areas a bit more happy. At the very least update their coverage map so people who are sucked in with the ploy of "unlimited data" will know they will not have good service in areas like mine. Before you get Sprint as a carrier, talk to people in the area and make sure that Sprint is on the level. You don't want to end up with a cellphone you pay full price for but only get to use about half the time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have been with Sprint for too long and it really sucks, their customer service sucks. My calls get dropped all the time and most of the time I will have no service or 3G. So everything sucks and their prices aren’t low either!!! That’s it. I am switching to T-Mobile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I agreed to a plan for 5 lines for $100. We upgraded within 2 weeks two of the phones to iPhones. They had a buy one get one free offer. After a few months one of the iPhones got damaged so we put that number on a different phone. Sprint then removed our free phone saying we flip-flopped our service even though they were told not to change our plan. Then I was informed that the iPhones were leased and I had to pay a $350 lease fee after paying off the phones!! So my no contract service cost $1800 to pay off the phones and leases attached to all my devices. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone with them. I felt like I was dealing with the mafia. Absolutely the worst and most dishonest phone service I've ever had.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Worst. Experience. I've. Ever. Had. Would give a zero if that was possible. The service is spotty at best. Tried cancelling in December. Got charged an extra month. Don't even bother calling customer service. That's the worst part. I just spent an 1 and a half trying to actually get it cancelled just to be told they can't because they're having issues Validating the phones. After all this they actually asked if the Sprint phone is a good number to call back. Save your time and go with Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got a phone/plan - pretty simple. 14 days to return if not satisfied. I returned it. Got my money back, plan cancelled no problem. 2 months later, I received bill for over 500$ because I "didn't return phone". I have the receipt with the transaction number on it! They will NOT help me resolve this and I will end up getting sent to collections. She says, "I need a PIN number, I need this, I need that." I don't remember a PIN number from 2 months ago! I have my account number and they still will not let me use that. I hate this company!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We went with Sprint June 2017. Started out at 25 per line so we got 4 lines. We signed lease agreement until Dec 31st 2018. After the first yr they charged 55 per line making our phone bill 416 a mth. Thankfully our lease agreement is up. We returned the phones Dec 27th 2018. Thankfully I kept my receipt from UPS because I had to turn them in to BBB for charging me for 1 of the phones and telling me it takes 2 billing cycles to give me credit for 1 of the phones. Of course we went back to AT&T.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I won't even give Sprint one star! But had to. Went in the store 7 months ago looking for a plan for 2 lines. Since I'm over 55, the sales rep made me an offer that would fit into my budget. Told him I needed to know, beforehand, what my bill was going to be every month, including taxes, fees, etc. He gave me a price of less than $150 for both lines, so I took it. That price was also to include payments and insurance on both phones.

My bill has been steadily rising every couple of months, has NEVER been less than 161.00, and is now 171.78! When I called to complain, they said I was late on a payment so they charged an extra 5.00. Keep in mind, my bill was ALWAYS due on the 19th, which is when I would pay it, but Sprint decided, on their own, to change it to the 17th! When I called customer service and told them I was lied to and deceived by the sales rep, all they could say is "Sorry to hear that." They suck!! I'm getting out as soon as my contract is up, but after reading some of the previous reviews, I'm changing banks first!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Ended service with Sprint and returned phones. 6 months later $1800 was taken from my checking account. They will not refund as they say it is the final bill and they can get the money by any means. Talked to multiple managers and offered to set up a payment plan even though I didn’t believe I owed that much. They refused!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I returned a leased phone to Sprint 3+ months ago. Since then I have contacted Sprint several times regarding the status. It took me 3 months to finally get someone to tell me their warehouse did not get the phone return. They told me to contact UPS. I called UPS and their rep told me Sprint needs to contact them. I gave this information to a Sprint rep who told me they "could not get a clear response from UPS." I call UPS back and am again told Sprint needs to contact them to file a missing package claim. I feel like a ping pong ball. I am now going to have to pay for the leased phone that was returned since Sprint is unwilling to help me resolve the issue.

Sprint PCS response

We will have a team member reach back out to you at the number provided

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

It has poorest network services and on top the customer service is horrible. I always spent hours to get one little billing issue sorted. There is no professionalism in their support agents and they just hang up, put you on hold or transfer you back to the queue as their will. Sprint doesn't care if you are with them for more than a year or not as all they care about that you just get trapped in their contract once then it is your headache to survive with this poor Network and customer service. Better pay little extra to other service provider and be assured that you have the service when you need it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The promotion of $25 with phone was advertised on 2/14/2019. Called sales the first time and asked the details after just seeing the ad in passing. Was told that the plan was available as long as my phone was compatible and the SIM card would work in my phone after it was mailed to me. Of course paying the normal activation fees and such but I could get the military discount so it would be less than $25 at for the first year then it would go to $60. Said I had good coverage which was a lie because had Sprint when I moved here and when I went into the store I was told as long as the map indicated green regardless of strength, coverage was good. So I said I would think about it.

Called again after I read the fine print. It said 5 lines $20 a month and $5 for phone lease for first year so $25. Sales said nope. It was $100 a month and $25 for 5 phones. Didn’t matter what the commercial said. Basically saying I was reading it wrong and couldn’t understand as he told me in broken English. I read it to him and he kept saying no it’s $125 and that’s what he is selling, I asked why his previous associate said I could get one line using my phone for $25. All he said was I wasn’t eligible for that offer since I didn’t take it and I called back a second time and he hung up on me. So if you are thinking about switching to Sprint these are a few red flags that I saw and I was seriously thinking about giving them a second chance. Saving a few dollars is certainly not worth the frustration in the end in some situations especially when you are locked in for 2 years and they will stick it to you if you cancel early.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have never been so dissatisfied with a cell service provider as I am with Sprint. From the very Beginning I was misled and lied to. Signed up for their promotional kick start $25/month unlimited everything. Wasn’t told until after I canceled service with old provider, porter my number over and activated thru Sprint that I would have to enroll in autopay in order to receive that price. If I didn’t my bill would be about $45 month. Didn’t have my debit card that day so I was told I could enroll in autopay anytime before the first bill was generated and the credit would be applied. Spent an hour and a half on hold yesterday with them only to have to argue to get the credit I was told was already applied to my bill.

Also, my bill... was set for auto draft 7 days before the end of my month. Had a few other issues with them also. To summarize I feel this company is out to cheat their customers out of every penny they can. They are misleading and deceitful and I will not be continuing any service thru them and I don’t suggest nor would I recommend them to anyone! Save the hassle and go thru another provider!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was with Sprint for 17 years. At first, they were great, but the last few years brought nothing but problems. Horrible service, and customer service/sales that practice fraud and deception. I was told that my phone was the problem, so bought a new one through the loan program. Service continued to be a problem, so I canceled my service and returned the phone. They hit me with a $700 termination fee, sent it to a collection agency in after a month, and before I even received the final bill, and the collection agency reported it on my credit report. Now, they refuse to remove it, even if I paid it off! Stay away from the company!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am a 20 year Sprint PCS customer with multiple business lines. I am embarrassed that I paid Sprint for all the years of mediocre reception and service. Sprint somehow let my account become corrupted. I was effectively locked out of my own account. I wasted four hours and a trip downtown (20 miles) to have a Sprint clown give me inferior answers and service. The money was not an object. It was the principle. I even had a device on my account that I don't know how it got there or who was using it.

I am out about ten hours of dealing with terminating Sprint. Basically they have played dirty tricks with my transfer resulting in three more trips to get straightened out with my new carrier (I didn't realize I could get reception like this with T-Mobile because I was with Sprint for 20 years). I was only with Sprint because a close friend was CFO 20 years ago. Sprint-overpriced, poor customer service, poor business practices, poor reception and splotchy network, and dirty tricks for me leaving. DON'T GO WITH SPRINT. There is a lot more but I don't get paid by the word.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Absolutely the WORST!!! You can never get caught up on your bill. Every month more new charges and you keep getting further and further behind!! This is the worst company out there. RUN in the opposite direction!!! They are horrible and don’t care about their customers!!! Just their payments!!! Read the reviews and believe what you read about the horrible treatment of their customers!!! Call customer service either hung up on or put on hold for long periods. 45+ minutes just to be transferred to someone else to be put on hold again. Customers are not happy but nothing we can do because we are stuck in a contract getting screwed monthly!!! Can't wait to leave them. They don’t care about losing a long time customer!! Fed up with getting screwed over!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was told that for unlimited service it would be about 60 and 65 if I didn’t get insurance. Eventually it came out to 70+ dollars for one phone, no insurance just plain service. After a month of service with this company I decided I no longer wanted to spend the 70+ dollars for the same service I could get elsewhere cheaper. The next month they charged me for service and again the following month. I finally realized this was happening so I gave them a call and asked why they had charged me for service that I wasn’t receiving. The women on the phone told me it was cause I hadn’t canceled my account. I told her well if you charged me for it why didn’t I get it. She couldn’t give me an answer.

So now I’m paying them almost 200$ talk about hustling company. Anyways I gave them another call today because I’m hoping to sell iPhone but I would need to get sprint to do some things so I can take it to another carrier (I had the phone before I Had this phone service). I was put on hold constantly people were not helpful and the manager lied and said he would transfer me to someone who could help me switch my phone over... He sent me over to collections! Is that what you call customer service?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is by far the worst experience I have had with any company, as a customer. I have never felt more belittled and disrespected in my life. I was a customer with Sprint for over two years and I decide to switch to Verizon because I moved to Iowa and Sprint didn't have good coverage there. Before I cancelled my Sprint account I paid my bill and paid off the balance of the phones on the plan. I requested to have both phones unlocked because I planned on using them internationally. After spending over 45 minutes on the phone with a customer service representative I was promised that the phone was unlocked.

To my surprise while in another country I couldn't use the phone. This was very shocking and disappointing to me because I was lied to and felt belittled. I called four different times after that, each time spending no less than an hour on the phone and either getting hung up on after asking for a supervisor or being told that the phone should be 100% unlocked within 24 hours. I then visited a corporate store and spoke to a rep in the store that offered to help me call them and make sure they unlock it.

While on the phone with them for about an hour the store rep was very frustrated because of how little the customer service rep over the phone spoke English and how long the request took knowing it should take not more than 10 minutes to complete. This has caused a lot of emotion distress. They treated me with no value since I was no longer a customer, lied to my face, and belittled my intelligence. I should have listened to everyone that told me not to use Sprint. They're not a good company at all and don't appreciate their customers one bit.

Customer Service Rep ID's:
Bruce **
Emman ** (promised 100% it was going to be unlocked within 24 hours or I can file a complaint against him, 2/8/19)
Crystal ** (hung up in my face) (2/8/19)

Alex **

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We were told (and shown) that we would have excellent reception in our area. Not true! Constantly dropped calls, weak WiFi, and very unreliable service. Called Sprint and always transferred to different departments, mostly outside the US, and they said they were resetting phone, tower temporarily down, but nothing worked. Even though we were not in a contact with the service, we were leasing phones for 18 months. After spend HOURS over several days they said they were letting us out of our lease if we returned three phones in excellent condition. They offered us the opportunity to purchase two of the phones for a very fair price and said they would be unlocked in 48 hours.

Per my request they called me when phones were unlocked so I could switch to another carrier. Turns out only one phone was unlocked and the other (Samsung S9) could not be used at another carrier. Paid $195 to have it unlocked for this purpose, and their answer was that they never guaranteed this. Also added penalty for ending contract when I was told several times that there would not be penalty. Also, every month the bill was $30-60 more than amount in original agreement and I had to spend several hours each month arguing about this. I would not ever recommend Sprint to anyone, even though they charge less than other carriers. We switched to T-Mobile last week and our reception is perfect! I also highly recommend Cricket. The only thing with Cricket that didn’t work for us is that they don’t have a leasing plan for phones. They offer several inexpensive phones that work well, but my teenagers really wanted new iPhones.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

On January 31 I bought a Apple Watch, I put down 270 dollars. On Feb 1 was sent wrong watch. Went into store to exchange. Store could not do the exchange and I had to go online and spend another 301 dollars for the right watch. No problem. Was told money would be in my account for the refund in two to three days. 13 days later no money. Have called and called. Still no money. Will return 2 watch and cancel both iPhone lines as well. Report your issues to the FCC and BBB as well.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

On 2/08/2019, I walked into the store referred to as Coral Square #1 in Coral Springs. A rep by the name of ** greeted me and was helping me. I wanted a quote on a new plan, Her manager ** was helping with the transaction because she was new. They found me a plan that I thought was attractive, they suggested that I trade my existing phone for credits, promising me that they will transfer all my data to the newly acquired phone. They started the process, they kept telling me 5 minutes when 15 minutes had gone by and I needed after close to an hour to bring lunch to my children at school, so I told them that I would have to come back and port the phone number from Metro.

When I got home, the pictures and contacts were not imported, so I went back to the store, the manager casually told me, "No it was not imported cause you had to leave" so he connects my phone once again and left. Went up front to attend to other clients, after half an hour of seating there waiting, I go up front, he sends the new girl to make sure the transfer was over. She looks at the phone, it had not even begun. Supposedly there was an error and of course, she told me, "No worries. The phone will be in the safe when you come back." I was already 45 minutes in the store waiting for this to be completed. No apologies from neither one of them, she casually said, "Let's start over."

By that time it was 2 PM and I had to pick up my 2 sons from school. I came back the next day, met with this gentleman who looked overwhelmed, he asked me to come back on Sunday or Monday because they were going to close soon, it was 15 minutes to 9 PM, the mall closes at 9. So I was not happy but I told him that I would come back. Not able to make it on Monday, I called the store and spoke to the same rep, he told me he remembered me and that it was ok to come tomorrow (Tuesday the 12th, today) that his manager had my phone in a safe and that there was no problem, I even expressed my concerns that they may get rid of my phone, he assured me that I can come the next day (PLEASE CHECK THE RECORDING FROM- **. I called exactly at 6:54 PM.)

So I went today to the store. Met ** who was a lot nicer and actually, the very first person to help me there. He told me that the manager ** had deleted my phone and shipped it yesterday. He texted him, he confirmed he no longer had the phone and when he texted him again trying to find a solution for me, no answer. This guy deleted all my personal and business contacts, I went to a conference this month that cost me an arm and a leg to meet some people and exchange numbers. All lost, what breaks my heart, even more, is the year of memories with my family and my children, Christmas pictures, their birthdays that this guy took away from me with just a bad attitude and a title that he shouldn't be bearing.

Switching to Sprint was by far my biggest regret this year. I have a lot to apologize to my family and myself for losing precious memories that we cannot gain back. Come to find out, the phone had a zero value to it, so they did not have to take my phone. Please get rid of this guy. He is NOT a manager and should not be in the service business. He never apologized and left his assistant manager ** to take care of me at the end. ** deserves that title far more than **.

I will go to the Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau to complain about this and I will make sure my community is careful with this Coral Springs #1 store. I am pretty sure that they would never do that at the kiosk. I regret infinitely ever stepping into that store where all my memories were destroyed with absolutely no apologies. The regional manager I have been told is ** but I was not given his info. The store address is Coral Square Mall- Coral Square #1 9469 W Atlantic Blvd Space 9473 Coral Springs, FL 33071. If it is at all possible I would like to get the phone back, I would not be surprised if he is a liar.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have insurance on 4 phones which is through Asurion which now is part of Sprint. I turned in a broken phone to fix, they couldn't. They sent an LG to replace an s5. Sent it back, then received an s6. I was on the phone trying to activate with God knows what country for 2 hours, only to have the broken English speaking tech disable 2 of my lines. Now I am on my 3rd s6 refurbished phone 23 days later. They act like it's a bother to help. Why did they make it so much harder to activate your own phone. It was easier 10 years ago.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Can never get caught up with your bill. Every month more new charges. This is the worst company out there. Stay away. Read the reviews. None of their clients are happy. Cannot do anything because we are stuck in a contract. They needs to be shut down. Can't wait to leave them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been on an D off of hold between all of the departments that I have stated above was transferred between managers with no solution at all to my issue. To make a long story short was considering switching over. Was given a great deal by Sprint. I ordered online. Was told to enter my card information. Was given an error message to re-enter my card. Looked at my bank account. I was double charged. Wow. Right that's what I was thinking. Was told by a chat rep to call this number 866-789-8292. They were absolutely no help. After being given the run around through many departments I was told I would have to wait 3-5 days for my money for a mistake that Sprint made on my account. I am out of town and it was my anniversary. What a horrible thing to happen. Wanted to surprise my wife with a new phone guess that isn't an option at the moment. Happy anniversary to me!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Very nasty company. Was with Sprint for a number of years. Left for T-Mobile around 5 months ago. Sent me to collection agency to collect 64.00 bill. Had no knowledge until my credit ID company notified me. Paid the fee to the collection agency even though I know I paid all fees and the phone when I switched over. No mailings to me. Called Sprint after paying the fee, and they are asking me for me my pin. I am no longer with them and have no idea what that pin is. I now have to go to a store. I wish I could say more about this awful company, but I am not going to become vulgar.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Beware. Sprint is a total ripoff! If I could give it a zero I would! Had a business account with Sprint for years and finally canceled last line 1 month ago! Called the customer care many time within last year (last time was today) & every agent I talked to said something and then I found out it was I total lie!!! I was taking lines out of my Sprint account one by one & the more lines I cancelled the more money I owed on my bill although every time before I canceled a line I called and made sure that everything was paid off including the device! They said everything is good, it is paid off and I do have a proof that I did pay it off! Until the next bill arrived!!!!!

Bill was a lot higher and when I called the customer care again they always come up with something I owed them money for or they were charging me for!! Or telling me that the device has not been paid off because they used the money to pay something else or broke it down in whatever payments they wanted to... WTH that even means??? That they can play with your money/payments any way they want to?! I am speechless & I will never ever recommend Sprint to nobody, ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a customer with Sprint since 2009. In August I went in to discuss new phone options and the CSR pitched me an LG ThinQ 7 for half off since I was such a valued customer. I went ahead and made the upgrade. He put the upgrade on my son's line AFTER he had my number clearly written in front of him. THEN he said that there was no way to fix that in the computer and my only option to get a phone was to BUY ANOTHER UPGRADE. Here's where it gets good. I lost my phone yesterday and my copay is $250. But I owe about $340. So I wanted to pay my phone off rather than pay $250 for a refurbished and still owe $340. Seems legit.

Sprint is now saying I will be charged full price for my phone if I want to pay it off early. So I would be charged over 1000 dollars between both phones, on a plan that was so as "NO CONTRACT" I guess somewhere in the legal small print they can get away with this. So I am trapped paying my deductible, and keeping my service for a whole year. I even asked to buy a Sprint compatible used phone and they refused to say they would put service on it unless I bought a new phone direct from the store. They have forever lost a customer as soon as this bogus contract is up.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Hello hopefully this can help someone from doing any kind of business with sprint. I've been a customer with sprint since 2016. Myself, and my wife during that time paid off our phones in full as to not have a lease. During that time they were cooperative, and worked with us as far as billing especially if we threatened to cancel. Now this is where the bad experience, and horrible customer service begins. I wanted a new phone so I leased one on a deal. We had a 3GB plan so the bill wasn't too expensive even with the new phone added. I've refused to upgrade to unlimited data due to the price, but then the company claimed they don't have 3GB plans anymore, and upgraded our service plan without notifying me. I also had to still pay for the upgrade although it wasn't by my choice. My bill has jumped from 62-82 dollars on occasions, but not too bad I guess.

Later on my wife threatens to cancel, but doesn't actually cancel the plan. They say you'll still have to pay for the phone if you cancel. Also we could send the phone back, but it's only $100 off of the phone price. We didn't cancel, but they sent the box anyways with a $746 dollar bill. We had to call multiple times for them to correct this mistake, and had no choice, but to cancel the auto pay until the issue was resolved. Just recently I got a $176 dollar for the charges of the phone for the months that I didn't cancel, but they said I did.

Took another month to fix this issue. Now they want $108 a month for 2 lines. The equipment, and usage is $85 alone. Supposedly all of our promotions have ended, and we're getting charged $20 for each line plus some other fees, and getting charges for not having auto pay. My wife just switched providers so she no longer has sprint. Her phone is paid off so it was easy for her. I'm still stuck though so I just paid a $108 bill. It was $176 but it took a month, and me yelling and screaming to her the issue resolved. I still have to pay $108 for the month of Jan 2019.

Oh and once that’s paid they want $65 just to have one line not including taxes or whatever fees they decide to make up along the way. If I want to cancel it will be $418 plus my current bill, or $619 to pay off the phone which only has $397 left to pay on. So they want double than what’s left. If I cancel I lose my phone entirely and still pay $418. Oh and supposedly they don't have a direct number to their corporate office which probably doesn't exist anyways. So Sprint is nothing but horrible signal, customer service, and prices aren't actually affordable. So avoid them at all cost.

Sprint PCS Company Information