1.28/5

Sprint PCS Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5839 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I live in Shelby Michigan where Sprint coverage is suppose to be LTE, not top of the line LTE, but nonetheless. I have bottom 3G service most of the time, and have to rely on WIFI if I want to do anything serious with my phone. I have complained many times about the coverage in the area, pointing out that their coverage map shows LTE service in my area. I have had them refresh my phone, troubleshoot my phone, even have one rep promise to get the service tower checked out then call back a few days later. Six months later I still haven't gotten a follow-up. The unlimited plan isn't unlimited either. If you hit a certain amount of data usage in the month, you won't get charged overage. No. You just will barely be able to use your phone because they slow the data way down on it.

Sprint seems to have a lot of false promises, at least in this area, with little to no concern on rectifying any of the issues presented to them. I will likely be looking into different coverage in the future as I have been fighting them for over a year now to live up to their promises as far as making an effort to keep customers in their smaller consumer areas a bit more happy. At the very least update their coverage map so people who are sucked in with the ploy of "unlimited data" will know they will not have good service in areas like mine. Before you get Sprint as a carrier, talk to people in the area and make sure that Sprint is on the level. You don't want to end up with a cellphone you pay full price for but only get to use about half the time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have been with Sprint for too long and it really sucks, their customer service sucks. My calls get dropped all the time and most of the time I will have no service or 3G. So everything sucks and their prices aren’t low either!!! That’s it. I am switching to T-Mobile.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I agreed to a plan for 5 lines for $100. We upgraded within 2 weeks two of the phones to iPhones. They had a buy one get one free offer. After a few months one of the iPhones got damaged so we put that number on a different phone. Sprint then removed our free phone saying we flip-flopped our service even though they were told not to change our plan. Then I was informed that the iPhones were leased and I had to pay a $350 lease fee after paying off the phones!! So my no contract service cost $1800 to pay off the phones and leases attached to all my devices. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone with them. I felt like I was dealing with the mafia. Absolutely the worst and most dishonest phone service I've ever had.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Worst. Experience. I've. Ever. Had. Would give a zero if that was possible. The service is spotty at best. Tried cancelling in December. Got charged an extra month. Don't even bother calling customer service. That's the worst part. I just spent an 1 and a half trying to actually get it cancelled just to be told they can't because they're having issues Validating the phones. After all this they actually asked if the Sprint phone is a good number to call back. Save your time and go with Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got a phone/plan - pretty simple. 14 days to return if not satisfied. I returned it. Got my money back, plan cancelled no problem. 2 months later, I received bill for over 500$ because I "didn't return phone". I have the receipt with the transaction number on it! They will NOT help me resolve this and I will end up getting sent to collections. She says, "I need a PIN number, I need this, I need that." I don't remember a PIN number from 2 months ago! I have my account number and they still will not let me use that. I hate this company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We went with Sprint June 2017. Started out at 25 per line so we got 4 lines. We signed lease agreement until Dec 31st 2018. After the first yr they charged 55 per line making our phone bill 416 a mth. Thankfully our lease agreement is up. We returned the phones Dec 27th 2018. Thankfully I kept my receipt from UPS because I had to turn them in to BBB for charging me for 1 of the phones and telling me it takes 2 billing cycles to give me credit for 1 of the phones. Of course we went back to AT&T.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I won't even give Sprint one star! But had to. Went in the store 7 months ago looking for a plan for 2 lines. Since I'm over 55, the sales rep made me an offer that would fit into my budget. Told him I needed to know, beforehand, what my bill was going to be every month, including taxes, fees, etc. He gave me a price of less than $150 for both lines, so I took it. That price was also to include payments and insurance on both phones.

My bill has been steadily rising every couple of months, has NEVER been less than 161.00, and is now 171.78! When I called to complain, they said I was late on a payment so they charged an extra 5.00. Keep in mind, my bill was ALWAYS due on the 19th, which is when I would pay it, but Sprint decided, on their own, to change it to the 17th! When I called customer service and told them I was lied to and deceived by the sales rep, all they could say is "Sorry to hear that." They suck!! I'm getting out as soon as my contract is up, but after reading some of the previous reviews, I'm changing banks first!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Ended service with Sprint and returned phones. 6 months later $1800 was taken from my checking account. They will not refund as they say it is the final bill and they can get the money by any means. Talked to multiple managers and offered to set up a payment plan even though I didn’t believe I owed that much. They refused!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I returned a leased phone to Sprint 3+ months ago. Since then I have contacted Sprint several times regarding the status. It took me 3 months to finally get someone to tell me their warehouse did not get the phone return. They told me to contact UPS. I called UPS and their rep told me Sprint needs to contact them. I gave this information to a Sprint rep who told me they "could not get a clear response from UPS." I call UPS back and am again told Sprint needs to contact them to file a missing package claim. I feel like a ping pong ball. I am now going to have to pay for the leased phone that was returned since Sprint is unwilling to help me resolve the issue.

Sprint PCS response

We will have a team member reach back out to you at the number provided

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

It has poorest network services and on top the customer service is horrible. I always spent hours to get one little billing issue sorted. There is no professionalism in their support agents and they just hang up, put you on hold or transfer you back to the queue as their will. Sprint doesn't care if you are with them for more than a year or not as all they care about that you just get trapped in their contract once then it is your headache to survive with this poor Network and customer service. Better pay little extra to other service provider and be assured that you have the service when you need it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The promotion of $25 with phone was advertised on 2/14/2019. Called sales the first time and asked the details after just seeing the ad in passing. Was told that the plan was available as long as my phone was compatible and the SIM card would work in my phone after it was mailed to me. Of course paying the normal activation fees and such but I could get the military discount so it would be less than $25 at for the first year then it would go to $60. Said I had good coverage which was a lie because had Sprint when I moved here and when I went into the store I was told as long as the map indicated green regardless of strength, coverage was good. So I said I would think about it.

Called again after I read the fine print. It said 5 lines $20 a month and $5 for phone lease for first year so $25. Sales said nope. It was $100 a month and $25 for 5 phones. Didn’t matter what the commercial said. Basically saying I was reading it wrong and couldn’t understand as he told me in broken English. I read it to him and he kept saying no it’s $125 and that’s what he is selling, I asked why his previous associate said I could get one line using my phone for $25. All he said was I wasn’t eligible for that offer since I didn’t take it and I called back a second time and he hung up on me. So if you are thinking about switching to Sprint these are a few red flags that I saw and I was seriously thinking about giving them a second chance. Saving a few dollars is certainly not worth the frustration in the end in some situations especially when you are locked in for 2 years and they will stick it to you if you cancel early.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have never been so dissatisfied with a cell service provider as I am with Sprint. From the very Beginning I was misled and lied to. Signed up for their promotional kick start $25/month unlimited everything. Wasn’t told until after I canceled service with old provider, porter my number over and activated thru Sprint that I would have to enroll in autopay in order to receive that price. If I didn’t my bill would be about $45 month. Didn’t have my debit card that day so I was told I could enroll in autopay anytime before the first bill was generated and the credit would be applied. Spent an hour and a half on hold yesterday with them only to have to argue to get the credit I was told was already applied to my bill.

Also, my bill... was set for auto draft 7 days before the end of my month. Had a few other issues with them also. To summarize I feel this company is out to cheat their customers out of every penny they can. They are misleading and deceitful and I will not be continuing any service thru them and I don’t suggest nor would I recommend them to anyone! Save the hassle and go thru another provider!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was with Sprint for 17 years. At first, they were great, but the last few years brought nothing but problems. Horrible service, and customer service/sales that practice fraud and deception. I was told that my phone was the problem, so bought a new one through the loan program. Service continued to be a problem, so I canceled my service and returned the phone. They hit me with a $700 termination fee, sent it to a collection agency in after a month, and before I even received the final bill, and the collection agency reported it on my credit report. Now, they refuse to remove it, even if I paid it off! Stay away from the company!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am a 20 year Sprint PCS customer with multiple business lines. I am embarrassed that I paid Sprint for all the years of mediocre reception and service. Sprint somehow let my account become corrupted. I was effectively locked out of my own account. I wasted four hours and a trip downtown (20 miles) to have a Sprint clown give me inferior answers and service. The money was not an object. It was the principle. I even had a device on my account that I don't know how it got there or who was using it.

I am out about ten hours of dealing with terminating Sprint. Basically they have played dirty tricks with my transfer resulting in three more trips to get straightened out with my new carrier (I didn't realize I could get reception like this with T-Mobile because I was with Sprint for 20 years). I was only with Sprint because a close friend was CFO 20 years ago. Sprint-overpriced, poor customer service, poor business practices, poor reception and splotchy network, and dirty tricks for me leaving. DON'T GO WITH SPRINT. There is a lot more but I don't get paid by the word.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Absolutely the WORST!!! You can never get caught up on your bill. Every month more new charges and you keep getting further and further behind!! This is the worst company out there. RUN in the opposite direction!!! They are horrible and don’t care about their customers!!! Just their payments!!! Read the reviews and believe what you read about the horrible treatment of their customers!!! Call customer service either hung up on or put on hold for long periods. 45+ minutes just to be transferred to someone else to be put on hold again. Customers are not happy but nothing we can do because we are stuck in a contract getting screwed monthly!!! Can't wait to leave them. They don’t care about losing a long time customer!! Fed up with getting screwed over!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was told that for unlimited service it would be about 60 and 65 if I didn’t get insurance. Eventually it came out to 70+ dollars for one phone, no insurance just plain service. After a month of service with this company I decided I no longer wanted to spend the 70+ dollars for the same service I could get elsewhere cheaper. The next month they charged me for service and again the following month. I finally realized this was happening so I gave them a call and asked why they had charged me for service that I wasn’t receiving. The women on the phone told me it was cause I hadn’t canceled my account. I told her well if you charged me for it why didn’t I get it. She couldn’t give me an answer.

So now I’m paying them almost 200$ talk about hustling company. Anyways I gave them another call today because I’m hoping to sell iPhone but I would need to get sprint to do some things so I can take it to another carrier (I had the phone before I Had this phone service). I was put on hold constantly people were not helpful and the manager lied and said he would transfer me to someone who could help me switch my phone over... He sent me over to collections! Is that what you call customer service?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This is by far the worst experience I have had with any company, as a customer. I have never felt more belittled and disrespected in my life. I was a customer with Sprint for over two years and I decide to switch to Verizon because I moved to Iowa and Sprint didn't have good coverage there. Before I cancelled my Sprint account I paid my bill and paid off the balance of the phones on the plan. I requested to have both phones unlocked because I planned on using them internationally. After spending over 45 minutes on the phone with a customer service representative I was promised that the phone was unlocked.

To my surprise while in another country I couldn't use the phone. This was very shocking and disappointing to me because I was lied to and felt belittled. I called four different times after that, each time spending no less than an hour on the phone and either getting hung up on after asking for a supervisor or being told that the phone should be 100% unlocked within 24 hours. I then visited a corporate store and spoke to a rep in the store that offered to help me call them and make sure they unlock it.

While on the phone with them for about an hour the store rep was very frustrated because of how little the customer service rep over the phone spoke English and how long the request took knowing it should take not more than 10 minutes to complete. This has caused a lot of emotion distress. They treated me with no value since I was no longer a customer, lied to my face, and belittled my intelligence. I should have listened to everyone that told me not to use Sprint. They're not a good company at all and don't appreciate their customers one bit.

Customer Service Rep ID's:
Bruce **
Emman ** (promised 100% it was going to be unlocked within 24 hours or I can file a complaint against him, 2/8/19)
Crystal ** (hung up in my face) (2/8/19)

Alex **

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

We were told (and shown) that we would have excellent reception in our area. Not true! Constantly dropped calls, weak WiFi, and very unreliable service. Called Sprint and always transferred to different departments, mostly outside the US, and they said they were resetting phone, tower temporarily down, but nothing worked. Even though we were not in a contact with the service, we were leasing phones for 18 months. After spend HOURS over several days they said they were letting us out of our lease if we returned three phones in excellent condition. They offered us the opportunity to purchase two of the phones for a very fair price and said they would be unlocked in 48 hours.

Per my request they called me when phones were unlocked so I could switch to another carrier. Turns out only one phone was unlocked and the other (Samsung S9) could not be used at another carrier. Paid $195 to have it unlocked for this purpose, and their answer was that they never guaranteed this. Also added penalty for ending contract when I was told several times that there would not be penalty. Also, every month the bill was $30-60 more than amount in original agreement and I had to spend several hours each month arguing about this. I would not ever recommend Sprint to anyone, even though they charge less than other carriers. We switched to T-Mobile last week and our reception is perfect! I also highly recommend Cricket. The only thing with Cricket that didn’t work for us is that they don’t have a leasing plan for phones. They offer several inexpensive phones that work well, but my teenagers really wanted new iPhones.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

On January 31 I bought a Apple Watch, I put down 270 dollars. On Feb 1 was sent wrong watch. Went into store to exchange. Store could not do the exchange and I had to go online and spend another 301 dollars for the right watch. No problem. Was told money would be in my account for the refund in two to three days. 13 days later no money. Have called and called. Still no money. Will return 2 watch and cancel both iPhone lines as well. Report your issues to the FCC and BBB as well.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

On 2/08/2019, I walked into the store referred to as Coral Square #1 in Coral Springs. A rep by the name of ** greeted me and was helping me. I wanted a quote on a new plan, Her manager ** was helping with the transaction because she was new. They found me a plan that I thought was attractive, they suggested that I trade my existing phone for credits, promising me that they will transfer all my data to the newly acquired phone. They started the process, they kept telling me 5 minutes when 15 minutes had gone by and I needed after close to an hour to bring lunch to my children at school, so I told them that I would have to come back and port the phone number from Metro.

When I got home, the pictures and contacts were not imported, so I went back to the store, the manager casually told me, "No it was not imported cause you had to leave" so he connects my phone once again and left. Went up front to attend to other clients, after half an hour of seating there waiting, I go up front, he sends the new girl to make sure the transfer was over. She looks at the phone, it had not even begun. Supposedly there was an error and of course, she told me, "No worries. The phone will be in the safe when you come back." I was already 45 minutes in the store waiting for this to be completed. No apologies from neither one of them, she casually said, "Let's start over."

By that time it was 2 PM and I had to pick up my 2 sons from school. I came back the next day, met with this gentleman who looked overwhelmed, he asked me to come back on Sunday or Monday because they were going to close soon, it was 15 minutes to 9 PM, the mall closes at 9. So I was not happy but I told him that I would come back. Not able to make it on Monday, I called the store and spoke to the same rep, he told me he remembered me and that it was ok to come tomorrow (Tuesday the 12th, today) that his manager had my phone in a safe and that there was no problem, I even expressed my concerns that they may get rid of my phone, he assured me that I can come the next day (PLEASE CHECK THE RECORDING FROM- **. I called exactly at 6:54 PM.)

So I went today to the store. Met ** who was a lot nicer and actually, the very first person to help me there. He told me that the manager ** had deleted my phone and shipped it yesterday. He texted him, he confirmed he no longer had the phone and when he texted him again trying to find a solution for me, no answer. This guy deleted all my personal and business contacts, I went to a conference this month that cost me an arm and a leg to meet some people and exchange numbers. All lost, what breaks my heart, even more, is the year of memories with my family and my children, Christmas pictures, their birthdays that this guy took away from me with just a bad attitude and a title that he shouldn't be bearing.

Switching to Sprint was by far my biggest regret this year. I have a lot to apologize to my family and myself for losing precious memories that we cannot gain back. Come to find out, the phone had a zero value to it, so they did not have to take my phone. Please get rid of this guy. He is NOT a manager and should not be in the service business. He never apologized and left his assistant manager ** to take care of me at the end. ** deserves that title far more than **.

I will go to the Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau to complain about this and I will make sure my community is careful with this Coral Springs #1 store. I am pretty sure that they would never do that at the kiosk. I regret infinitely ever stepping into that store where all my memories were destroyed with absolutely no apologies. The regional manager I have been told is ** but I was not given his info. The store address is Coral Square Mall- Coral Square #1 9469 W Atlantic Blvd Space 9473 Coral Springs, FL 33071. If it is at all possible I would like to get the phone back, I would not be surprised if he is a liar.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have insurance on 4 phones which is through Asurion which now is part of Sprint. I turned in a broken phone to fix, they couldn't. They sent an LG to replace an s5. Sent it back, then received an s6. I was on the phone trying to activate with God knows what country for 2 hours, only to have the broken English speaking tech disable 2 of my lines. Now I am on my 3rd s6 refurbished phone 23 days later. They act like it's a bother to help. Why did they make it so much harder to activate your own phone. It was easier 10 years ago.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Can never get caught up with your bill. Every month more new charges. This is the worst company out there. Stay away. Read the reviews. None of their clients are happy. Cannot do anything because we are stuck in a contract. They needs to be shut down. Can't wait to leave them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been on an D off of hold between all of the departments that I have stated above was transferred between managers with no solution at all to my issue. To make a long story short was considering switching over. Was given a great deal by Sprint. I ordered online. Was told to enter my card information. Was given an error message to re-enter my card. Looked at my bank account. I was double charged. Wow. Right that's what I was thinking. Was told by a chat rep to call this number 866-789-8292. They were absolutely no help. After being given the run around through many departments I was told I would have to wait 3-5 days for my money for a mistake that Sprint made on my account. I am out of town and it was my anniversary. What a horrible thing to happen. Wanted to surprise my wife with a new phone guess that isn't an option at the moment. Happy anniversary to me!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Very nasty company. Was with Sprint for a number of years. Left for T-Mobile around 5 months ago. Sent me to collection agency to collect 64.00 bill. Had no knowledge until my credit ID company notified me. Paid the fee to the collection agency even though I know I paid all fees and the phone when I switched over. No mailings to me. Called Sprint after paying the fee, and they are asking me for me my pin. I am no longer with them and have no idea what that pin is. I now have to go to a store. I wish I could say more about this awful company, but I am not going to become vulgar.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Beware. Sprint is a total ripoff! If I could give it a zero I would! Had a business account with Sprint for years and finally canceled last line 1 month ago! Called the customer care many time within last year (last time was today) & every agent I talked to said something and then I found out it was I total lie!!! I was taking lines out of my Sprint account one by one & the more lines I cancelled the more money I owed on my bill although every time before I canceled a line I called and made sure that everything was paid off including the device! They said everything is good, it is paid off and I do have a proof that I did pay it off! Until the next bill arrived!!!!!

Bill was a lot higher and when I called the customer care again they always come up with something I owed them money for or they were charging me for!! Or telling me that the device has not been paid off because they used the money to pay something else or broke it down in whatever payments they wanted to... WTH that even means??? That they can play with your money/payments any way they want to?! I am speechless & I will never ever recommend Sprint to nobody, ever!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a customer with Sprint since 2009. In August I went in to discuss new phone options and the CSR pitched me an LG ThinQ 7 for half off since I was such a valued customer. I went ahead and made the upgrade. He put the upgrade on my son's line AFTER he had my number clearly written in front of him. THEN he said that there was no way to fix that in the computer and my only option to get a phone was to BUY ANOTHER UPGRADE. Here's where it gets good. I lost my phone yesterday and my copay is $250. But I owe about $340. So I wanted to pay my phone off rather than pay $250 for a refurbished and still owe $340. Seems legit.

Sprint is now saying I will be charged full price for my phone if I want to pay it off early. So I would be charged over 1000 dollars between both phones, on a plan that was so as "NO CONTRACT" I guess somewhere in the legal small print they can get away with this. So I am trapped paying my deductible, and keeping my service for a whole year. I even asked to buy a Sprint compatible used phone and they refused to say they would put service on it unless I bought a new phone direct from the store. They have forever lost a customer as soon as this bogus contract is up.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Hello hopefully this can help someone from doing any kind of business with sprint. I've been a customer with sprint since 2016. Myself, and my wife during that time paid off our phones in full as to not have a lease. During that time they were cooperative, and worked with us as far as billing especially if we threatened to cancel. Now this is where the bad experience, and horrible customer service begins. I wanted a new phone so I leased one on a deal. We had a 3GB plan so the bill wasn't too expensive even with the new phone added. I've refused to upgrade to unlimited data due to the price, but then the company claimed they don't have 3GB plans anymore, and upgraded our service plan without notifying me. I also had to still pay for the upgrade although it wasn't by my choice. My bill has jumped from 62-82 dollars on occasions, but not too bad I guess.

Later on my wife threatens to cancel, but doesn't actually cancel the plan. They say you'll still have to pay for the phone if you cancel. Also we could send the phone back, but it's only $100 off of the phone price. We didn't cancel, but they sent the box anyways with a $746 dollar bill. We had to call multiple times for them to correct this mistake, and had no choice, but to cancel the auto pay until the issue was resolved. Just recently I got a $176 dollar for the charges of the phone for the months that I didn't cancel, but they said I did.

Took another month to fix this issue. Now they want $108 a month for 2 lines. The equipment, and usage is $85 alone. Supposedly all of our promotions have ended, and we're getting charged $20 for each line plus some other fees, and getting charges for not having auto pay. My wife just switched providers so she no longer has sprint. Her phone is paid off so it was easy for her. I'm still stuck though so I just paid a $108 bill. It was $176 but it took a month, and me yelling and screaming to her the issue resolved. I still have to pay $108 for the month of Jan 2019.

Oh and once that’s paid they want $65 just to have one line not including taxes or whatever fees they decide to make up along the way. If I want to cancel it will be $418 plus my current bill, or $619 to pay off the phone which only has $397 left to pay on. So they want double than what’s left. If I cancel I lose my phone entirely and still pay $418. Oh and supposedly they don't have a direct number to their corporate office which probably doesn't exist anyways. So Sprint is nothing but horrible signal, customer service, and prices aren't actually affordable. So avoid them at all cost.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In Nov 2018 your retention department (via phone conversation) offered me a new contract that included 2 new phones. I had decided to move to another carrier and retention wanted to keep me as a customer. My previous bill with Sprint had been around $76 a month and I wanted to keep it that way. I was promised that my bill would be around the same and the agent broke it down like this: Plan $32- 1 new phone lease $32. 2nd phone lease $32. Total $96, less a $20 military discount which would bring my bill to around $76

I agreed to this new plan and was transferred to another person to finalize the details. During that call, the person confirmed my price and also told me Sprint was offering me a third phone and phone line for free. I informed her that I did not need a third line since it is just my wife and me. She insisted that I take it since it is free. I said ok and she finalized my order.

Everything was great till my first bill arrived, it was $224 and I am paying for the third line that was supposed to be free! Since that time (Nov 2018) I have chatted and called several times trying to get this resolved. I was finally told only retention can fix this. Every time I have called retention it resulted in a very long (no shorter than an hour and as long as 3) phone conversation that ended in someone will get back to you. First two times it was a call back but no one ever called. Then it was supposed to be an email. I'm still waiting.

I just had my latest conversation with a supervisor in the retention department (Marselle). She confirmed that I may have been misled and that my monthly bill is $200. I said that I stayed with Sprint based on the offer I was promised. I indicated that this is a case of bait and switch and tantamount to retail fraud. She agreed and apologized for being misled. I said, just to be clear Sprint offered me a deal to stay with the company that it will not honor. She said yes. She offered to follow up with an escalation. My success with that has been zero. $76...I agreed to stay with Sprint because I was promised my bill would be $76...even if it had gone to $96 without the military discount I would be less upset, but $200?

What kind of company policy is this? Promise them anything so they agree then screw them over? The deal I would have gotten with the other carrier is no longer valid. Now I am stuck with a company that lied to me. Made promises they did not intend to keep. Put me in a plan I cannot afford. Admitted I was misled. Seems unwilling to do anything about it. Now I'm being threatened with shutting off my service unless I pay. I will give Sprint one more week to get this right. I will post this as far and wide as I am able so no one else gets duped. I will ensure that my fellow military brethren are made aware of this bait and switch situation. This is just plain shameful.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Last weekend I was taking my mother-in-law shopping for a smartphone & upgrade on her Sprint account. She had been with Sprint for many years. She had been using a flip phone and was excited to be able to upgrade so she could text and share photos with her grandchildren. We walked into a local store in Brunswick, Ohio. There was a young trainee and a manager to greet us with no other customers. The new hire was pleasant but the other man whose name was Jeff, was dismissive and rude. The account was in my late father-in-law's name, so we couldn't move past that.

The trainee wasn't sure what to do when she was told that the account holder was the husband. She asked the manager how to proceed and he rudely said "She isn't the account holder, so we can't do anything." He then turned away from us to talk to another customer who had walked in. The new hire looked apologetic, but had no help from her manager. We walked out of there and immediately went to another cell phone store (AT&T) and got her a new account, new phone and cancelled her Sprint. Since the Sprint store was not busy I expected better service. They could've told us what we need to bring in to be able to proceed, but we were just dismissed. Jeff should NOT be a manager or trainer. He cost the company an account.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I've never bought my phones directly from Sprint, so I can't comment on that portion of it all. I really hadn't had too many problems until last year, when my phone kept saying that I had service but nothing was loading. I messaged with customer service and she said she didn't know why it wasn't working, and that I should call them so they could try to get me a better answer. This would have been fine, except that my phone I would have used to call was not working.

Later that evening, I was finally able to call from my brother's phone with my phone in hand to find the issue. They said the cell towers were down. And apparently had been all day. I wouldn't be writing a negative review about cell towers being down one time, but it has been consistent, monthly 'cell towers down' that leave my phone useless with no solutions in sight! We are on day 3 of everyone on my plan having no service (although Wifi works on our phones). I'd leave them except that getting out of their contract is hell, so hopefully I can stick it out until then... Never again.

Sprint PCS Company Information