Sprint PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To start, I have never seen such a blatant act of lying for one's own gain as I have with your telesales representative who sold me the initial cell service. But after reading an online consumer complaint page on Sprint, I regret ever signing up with you. The common theme is lies, dishonesty and broken promises. On my initial call in November I was informed that Sprint automatically would pay off the contract with another carrier, in my case T-Mobile. I received a bill of $519.50 that your telesales representative said would be paid by Sprint.

Thinking it was strange that I was still receiving a bill from T-Mobile. I called in to explain that I was under the impression that this bill would be paid in its entirety and the fact that my phone was broken did not matter. The rep sent me a rebate form to complete. As I started to complete, I realized that this form had nothing to do with paying off the phone. I finally went in to a Sprint store and was told the statement was not true.

Now this means I am stuck with Sprint in a two-year contract. On top of all of this, I have had trouble first getting the right phone, as I was sent the iPhone 7 instead 7s. After the exchange process, now that I have had the 7s, the phone is defective. It sticks, stalls and runs hot all the time. I went into the Sprint store and what do they tell me, I would to go to another store to have them look at the phone. I have never seen a bunch of sorry sales reps as I have seen at Sprint.

I am eventually going to get to a store that offers service on my phone, but I could not wait to complain because I don't know how Sprint is still in business with so many complaints! It is ridiculous! Know that I will be doing everything I can to let everyone know, DO NOT SIGN UP WITH SPRINT! RUUUUUN! Sprint misspelled my last name as "**." I asked that they correct it. Not done.

I switched to Sprint from AT&T, having said they are going to cut my phone bill in half. They did gave me half price for the data plan but then the phone reception is just horrible. I was told when switching that they had promotions on phone (Samsung buy one get one free, and iphone 7 free for exchange of iphone 6s or 6). Until this period I am getting charge for iphone 7's installment which was supposed to be free. When I go to the kiosk I got Sprint phone, the staffs are all new. When I told them that I had given up my iphone 6 and got iphone 7, they told me they don't know who I gave my iphone to since the person doesn't work there anymore...

We switched to Sprint based on SEVERAL quotes saying our bill would be about $90. We get our first bill and it's $135. I call them and apparently they don't bother to mention ANYWHERE that there is a $25/line fee. The service was horrible so we canceled 10 days after starting service. We returned our phones via UPS 15 days after service was started. They have a 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee; they will refund 100% of the payments you have made. Next bill comes and says we owe both the first bill and the cost of the phones. I call and after an hour on the phone they determine that they did receive the phones and we owe nothing.

Next month comes and they say we owe the sales tax on the phones. It's now 4 months later and they are threatening collections for the sales tax amount. A 45 min phone call later and the rep put a dispute on my account which should resolve the issue. I spent hours dealing with this beyond just the 2 call I mentioned. Don't do it. The save 50% off your carrier is a total lie. We would have saved about $5/month and the service was absolutely horrible compared to Verizon. We switched back...

I have had the worst experience with Sprint for the past 2 years! Very dishonest people. A month ago I called Sprint to cancel my contract. I was informed several times my contract wasn't up until June/July 2017. The lady I spoke to asked me why I wanted to cancel and I informed her it was because my bill was too high and service was terrible. After a few minutes she explained to me there was a similar plan to the one I had but at a lower cost 65.00 compared to 100+ a month. I told her I didn't want to change plans as there is always hidden fees or something they are not telling me. After about 30 minutes and me asking a million questions she guaranteed me that there were no hidden fees and that every month I should expect a bill for 65.00 or 60.00 if I signed up for automatic payments. Guess what?! A month later I call Sprint again because my bill is still 100+ a month.

The lady who I spoke to informed me that my contract was over... and now I was being charged a fee for 25.00 dollars called a subsidized phone charge for not having a contract with Sprint and using my own phone?! WTF?! What gets me the most upset is not the bill. Is the FACT that Sprint has been dishonest with me about my contract and when it expired! They made me believe all along that it wasn't over until summer! Now I find out after calling customer service again that it's been over and now they are charging me a fee of 25.00 dollars a month. And to top it off you Sprint has the most disrespectful people working for them and even the supervisor who I was speaking to completely ignored me and wouldn’t answer my questions.

I told her I didn't appreciate her ignoring me and she continued to do it and not answer my question and refused to let me speak to her supervisor because according to her supervisor can reach out to customers or has an email or number to be reached at! I will be paying these bills off and BYE SPRINT!!! Please Stay away from this company! DISHONEST AND RUDE EMPLOYEES!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST! I wish I had the money to sue such a terrible company for lying to their customers!!

Sprint has ripped my family off so bad over and over again and when you call Sprint customer service you think your issue will be solved and you have nothing to worry about but really if there was an accidental purchase or something as simple as that, they will turn away and say "oh well you still have to pay". And do not trust what their store representatives say because we got trapped into "leasing" a cell phone. Why would anyone want to pay monthly for a phone but never get to own it unless you pay an additional 200 dollars. I hate Sprint. We can't even cancel at this point and we've been trying for 3 years!!! Somehow Sprint always comes up with a fee or an excuse as to why I cannot cancel!!!

My son was in the hospital shortly after birth and our bills piled up. I called Sprint thinking I could confide in them but really they are HEARTLESS THIEVES and once taxes come in TRUST ME SPRINT IS CUT!!! I will never come back to Sprint and I will do my best to make sure everyone I know drops them and never returns either. We have called Sprint so many times over the past 5 years! It is ridiculous, the service sucks and the customer service sucks! I needed directions one time and phone couldn't even get internet! Mind you we're paying almost 200 dollars a month for two phones and that's unlimited everything and I couldn't even get directions. Sprint deserves to be shut down for real and I pray they do. What goes around comes around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

3 hours with customer support and they are making go in loops. All I get "we will call you back in 20 minutes". I Joseph from Customer Care ID: ** who said would call me back in 20 minutes and guess what no call. I called back and they put me on hold for 30 minutes and do not want to put supervisor. They then transfer me to a service department that was close. I sign up for a plan the unlimited freedom during the holidays which included a free phone. They are now charging for all phones and the plan is over $400 a month. If I knew this was the way Sprint worked I would have never transfer from Verizon. I guess that 1% does make a big difference. Verizon I am coming back.

I had an OK experience with Sprint phone services until I cancelled to be on my husband's plan. Today is the 3rd phone 3 months later. I had to call as I continue to get a bill that was supposedly taken care of 3 months ago when my balance was 0 according to the rep. Today I get another person and confirmation number... Not a very pleasant supervisor... We shall see if I am dealing with this next month. Being a customer for years only to be treated like **. Wow Sprint. Never will I recommend or use you under any circumstances again.

My experience with them was HORRIBLE! They lied to me about how much my bill would be every month. I had 30 days to cancel my service and return the phone which I did. They told me I'd get a full refund of all money paid. I didn't even wait the full 30 days. I was supposed to get a refund and they're telling me I don't have one coming. Now they're telling me I don't have a refund. THIEVES!!! LIARS!!!

Sprint has become the worst provider ever. I'm so disgusted with this company. I have been a customer for over 15 years and never in my life I have had as many problems as I do now. They are overcharging me, billing me for phones that have been disconnected and I have tried many times calling and all they do is pass the calls around and then hang up. I can never get anything resolve. I have been trying to fight some fees that aren't mine and not to mention billing me for another line that is not mine and I keep being told that the system is not updated. My bill is usually $450 a month. For the past 2 months my bill has come up to $1,100... I need help to speak to someone up higher and when I do ask they say they can't do anything about it.

Sprint is the absolute worst. 99% of the customer service representatives are overseas, and unfortunately that translates to language barriers which means 99% of the time I do not receive a resolve, an answer, or anything even resembling customer service. The CSR will read from a script and will hang up if I press them for an actual answer to my question or problem. It is amazing to me that a company with a desire to be the very best would skimp on customer service. The phone service is fine, range is great, and I have barely any dropped calls. Having said that, as soon as my contract is up I am dropping sprint because I will not be subjected to substandard customer service as it proves to me Sprint does not care about my business.

I would suggest Sprint save money on TV commercials, invest that money into new customer call centers, and rely more on customer word of mouth. It's more effective. I personally have spoke to and scared away 50 or 60 customers with my testimonials on the horrific customer service my family and I received. No commercial will never be able to sway back those people who heard about my bad experiences. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible customer service. I wish I were able to terminate my contract early but I have only been with them for 5 months. Horrible mistake.

I have never experience such sorry unfair careless the worst customer service in all my life until I merged over from Verizon to Sprint, they advertised this blinded promotion that they had going on just to gain their customer service and then let you down like a cruel human bean. I purchased 2 phones lines from Sprint and this is as of Jan 2017, 4 phones I paid for with insurance plus paid 200 dollars for an additional insurance which is a scam.

The two phones I have now both are having overheating issues and one exploded and burned my daughter's knee and index finger which she had to have medical treatment because of the degree burns. Not to mention we took the phones to 4 Sprint corporate store they refuse to help us blaming everything on Apple... which right now we are paying 200 dollars a month for the phones plus insurance and they have not yet helped us. My daughter phone isn't even working.

Am getting a lawyer if something isn't done. This is so poor of their carelessness. There is more to this story but because I have carpal tunnel in both hands I can't type for a long time. Please help us. They need to be shut down. And the escalation office kept deleting our complaint and telling us they couldn't find anything on our case the worst. I will keep complaining until something is done.

This co. gave me sooo much stress I had to cry. I bought out the phone so I could get it unlocked. And not once but several times they insisted it was after going through sooo many calls. And I'd drive over to Verizon. They said, it's locked. Mind you, I'm disabled (very draining) and needed phone with consistent service. In case I needed ambulance. After sooo much BS, I wanted to sue them!!!! I had to get another phone and out 500.00. I hate Sprint. They are a company that's unscrupulous. I think it's unfair they don't tell you how far a tower is from your home!!!!

Fraudulent iPhone 7 order was placed on my account. First it was very difficult to get to a live person to even report it. I had to got through every option just to get to the end and the recording to say "Thank you for calling Sprint - Goodbye"!!! After about 15 mins. I was able to get through to a person which I could tell right away was not in America (which I later asked and confirmed she was in a different country but wouldn't say where). She told me that I would get an email from the Fraud Dept. confirming this occurrence.

8 hours had passed and no email so I call, a different rep (again not in the US) said she can see that I reported it and once they have review it and it is taken care of I will get an email. I stated that would be great but I would like an email until then confirming it was reported & that the order has been stopped. Of course she couldn't do that and when she supposedly tried to transfer me to the fraud dept. the call got disconnected. So I have to call back and try to get through again! Finally I talk to the fraud dept. who verbally confirms that it has been taken care of but I still don't have any confirmation email. So I just have to hope that it really was taken care of. We shall see when I get my bill I guess???

I also tried to go to the Sprint website to report it since I was having a hard time getting through on the phone but found it was very difficult to find anything with the new design. I've had issues with customer service many years ago and was going to switch but then they started getting better so didn't. I think I will start looking around to see what cellphone company employs customer service reps in the US. I really don't like having accounts who don't promote employing within our own country!!!

Long story short, I took the time to make sure that as I transitioned from Sprint to a new carrier that I would not owe Sprint anything and was told that I would not should I complete changes by a certain date. Which I did, however - I received a bill anyhow and was told by Sprint management that they're sorry I was told the wrong information but I still owe the bill. Unreliable customer service. Returned leased phone at Sprint store (not a retailer) and almost 3-weeks later, not showing in their system until a 45 minute call. Very inconvenient. I am EXTREMELY frustrated with Sprint after almost 10 yrs of overpaying, I will NEVER go this route again!!!

I have been to 4 other cellular phone companies and this one is the worst! I have discontinued service with Sprint 3 months ago and they still continue to bill me! Every time I think I've paid the bill off. Hell No! They will bill you again for $4.79! It's just never ending. It's as if they don't want to let my checkbook go! The 2 1/2 years that I was there with Sprint. I got the crappiest customer service whether it be in any store or on the phone with anyone. I never did get the 4G service. It was always on 3G. And then because my phone didn't work in my house and I live in town I had to have a signal booster in my house just to be able to get a signal and have a phone. I warn all who think they're going to go to Sprint. Save yourself some money and don't go!

I was sucked into Sprint's offer of a lower bill with the same service, and that was the good part of how this all began. The service was horrible, I'm really confused as to how they can get away with advertising to be within a 1% difference of At&t??? However, I digress. When I made a call while on Wi-Fi, it would have a "digital" sound as talked. If I attempted to leave the house while on Wi-Fi when I was on a call, the call dropped every time. While on a call connected to cell service, Sprint service does not allow you to do anything else while on a call, which is crucial to my line of work and never disclosed when signing up for the plan. On the iphone, I needed 4 bars to get anything done for data usage and was limited to games for any other type work required.

Any websites I visited would "time out" in Safari with less than 4 bars. Their so called "savings" didn't even save me anything as well. With At&t, I was paying around $400 a month for all the iPhones and what have you. Sprint promised to cut that in half and my bill ended up being $380 a month for less iPhones that does less productivity. Sprint may offer unlimited data, however, you're going to need it for as long as it takes to get anything accomplished. What gets me the most though, is we were technically "leasing" our phones and didn't own them. According to their contract if we decided to not continue their service, we could return the phones.

However, we would owe the full amount of the balance for all the phones, plus another fee, and we had to return our phones. For us it would have come to over $2000 in phones we weren't able to keep. I went back to At&t and the bought out the phones and we will still end up owing Sprint when everything is said and done, but nothing like their "return" policy. I don't go on places and fill out reviews a whole lot, but when a company hurts my wallet and flat out lies to me as much as this place did I feel it is my obligation to let everyone know.

I took the advantage of the lease promotion Sprint offered in December 2016. My first bill came there was no discount at all. I contacted them, I've been told, "Don't worry, it will take 1-2 billing circles to get the discount," ok. After few weeks I called back the customer service rep was very rude and informed me that I wasn't qualified for the discount. I requested to investigate this with their manager, well, being put on hold for a long time, and then offered apologies for that their online offer was messed up with their system. They will get back to me. It's worst experience I had with a cell phone company. Be careful!

I started having issues with my cell phone continuously having software problems. I went into 2 different Sprint stores 4 times where they factory reset my phone and I also left it with them for a couple hours so they could download the software. After they completed that they told me that if the problem continued to happen then I should contact Asurion, the insurance company, so they could help me replace my phone or get it repaired. When I called them I was informed even though I pay almost $40.00 a month for all my devices to have protection that they could do nothing for me since it was a software issue and was referred back to a store so they could give me a loaner phone while mine is repaired. There are NO stores that do that so I was then referred to Advanced Exchange department.

I spoke with someone who I thought was really going to help me. He informed me that he was going to ship me a replacement phone and that I should have it in 2 days and that he would call me to be able to help me switch the phones out so I could then send mine in to be repaired. Needless to say I waited 4 days and the phone never arrived. So I called Sprint again and was told that nothing was ever sent to me and that they would not send me a replacement phone and needed to go back to a store. I have been with Sprint for almost 20 years and have never had to use my insurance that I pay for on every single device that I have, including my tablets, and have never been treated so disrespectfully by any company. I will be canceling all of my service through Sprint and encourage people to not even bother paying for insurance on your phone. I know that I myself don't have money to throw away and that is what feel like I have been doing for years now.

I recently visited the Turks and Caicos Islands. When I got there my condo gave me a telephone to use because calling on my phone to anywhere is 2 dollars a minute. Anyway, when I came home and called to pay my bill it was three times the normal monthly rate. I called the international dept they explained why the bill was high because I didn't have an international plan. I had placed my phone on airplane mode most of the time I was in the Island. In any event, Jill talked to her supervisor and they helped with the extra charges on my bill. I accepted some responsibility since I so was ignorant and should have done more research on the subject.

I am a senior and switched from Verizon because I find their plans for seniors with calls, text, etc were too much. I had my own telephone and saved more than half on my Verizon bill with 2gb which is more than enough for me. I love their plans and mostly their customers' device. If you are a senior check them out. I had the service for 5 months and have never had a dropped call! This is the bargain of the year???

On 11/1/16, I signed up for a 24-month installment plan (no contract) to purchase an iPad Air 2 from Sprint. It was a pretty good deal, and they had the cheapest service plan, so I went with Sprint. I planned to pay the device off quickly and then take it to a no-contract plan of my choice. I didn't have any major complaints while I was a customer. Coverage was spotty, but I was prepared for that, so it wasn't a major concern. Billing was weird, though. I kept getting random weird bills in the middle of my billing cycle. I'd ask what they were about, and Sprint CSR would explain them away, so I paid them.

On 1/21/17, I made my last payment on the device and promptly asked them to unlock my device and discontinue my service. The CSR I spoke to said, "No problem, I'll take care of that. Give us 24–48 hours to complete the process." This was a Saturday night. On Monday, I talked to my new provider to see if things looked okay, yet, and they said that my device was still locked onto Sprint network, but said that I would probably need to wait 24–48 *business* hours. Just to be sure, I chatted with Sprint to find out what was going on, and they told me I needed to call account services.

I called Account services on 1/25/17, and they told me that my device was already unlocked but that it was still showing as active on Sprint network. I asked them to please deactivate my account so I could take it to my new carrier. The guy said, "No problem! I'll do that now! Please give it 72 hours for the process to complete." On Thursday morning, I checked my device on the new carrier, and it was still showing that it was active on Sprint. Fine. It hadn't been the full 72 hours; I was just being hopeful. Just to be sure, I chatted with Sprint again, and asked them to verify that the deactivation was underway. The CSR assured me that it was, and that within 72 hours, my device would be free to take to my new carrier.

On Friday morning, 72 hours after I'd initiated cancellation for the SECOND time, I checked my device. It was still active on Sprint. I contacted Sprint through chat and was told that I would need to call Account Services. I was getting a little peeved at this point, but I called. Account services told me that my device could not be unlocked, but that my account was, indeed, deactivated. I knew that my device was *already* unlocked, so I pointed that out, and pointed out that I'd already been told that it was unlocked out of the box, and the CSR said, "Oh, yeah. Well, you'll just have to wait for deactivation to complete."

I waited the weekend. On Monday, 1/31/17, I was over it. I called account services and demanded to know why my device was still showing up as active on Sprint network. The CSR told me that my account had been suspended, and would be deactivated at the end of my billing cycle on 2/25/17. I threw a hissy fit and told him I wasn't paying another month since I'd started the process TEN days ago, and he quickly corrected himself and said it would be free on 2/1/17.

I got on chat at that point, and demanded answers. I was frustrated with the run-around, and I was pissed off that everyone was giving me different answers. I escalated twice while on chat, and was finally told that my device would *definitely* be free on 2/2/17 when my billing cycle ended. I don't know why no one thought to tell me that ten days ago when I'd started this process! So basically, until my billing cycle was over, I was screwed--I couldn't use my device on Sprint network because they'd already canceled me, and I couldn't use it on my new network because Sprint wouldn't deactivate me until my cycle was over.

On 2/2/17, I checked my device on the new network and it was STILL active on Sprint. I called, and the CSR immediately tried to transfer me to tech support, and told me that "my device was ineligible for unlocking." I told him that was not true, and that was not acceptable, and the only person he would transfer me to was a supervisor. So he said he would do that. I waited for fifteen minutes on hold, and finally gave up. I left a nasty message on their Facebook page, which garnered someone's attention. They told me to contact them through private message, so I did. They asked me to call (I refused to call at this point, because I wanted written records of my conversations, and every time I called, I got transferred around and no one helped me and it was a huge waste of my time!) or go to chat, so I went to chat.

I escalated chat after I was told that my device was already deactivated, and the CSR told me that the supervisor was too busy to speak to me, but that my device had *just* been deactivated. I tried to hold the guy hostage on chat until I could verify, but that was not acceptable to him, so he kicked me off chat. I went back to Facebook, and left screenshots of my previous chat transcripts that guaranteed my device would be deactivated that day, and screenshots showing that it was not, and that got more attention. I kept checking my device, and it *finally* showed that it had been deactivated, so I notified the Facebook CSR that things had finally been taken care of.

The headache, the wasted time, the merry-go-round, the thousand different stories--totally, totally not worth the cheap price that Sprint charges for its service. I will NEVER, ever, ever be a Sprint customer again. I'd rather walk a mile with a broken femur! It was horrible and stressful, and I felt powerless and angry. My husband joked that Sprint had basically Rick-Rolled me: "They were never gonna give me up, never gonna let me go..." The entire process took twelve days. Way too long, Sprint.

Terrible all around. I usually don't write reviews or anything like this, but I wanted to save a good consumer from being ripped off. They have cheap rates but you get what you pay for, I had to port my number because Sprint Services don't work at my job. It was a friendly cost of 801.00 for the switch, because the service didn't work on my way to work or at my work.

Traded in two I5 phones from Verizon for two I6's from Sprint and was shown and told where I lived I would have excellent coverage. WRONG. Called local office and was offered something that plugged into an electrical outlet to get better reception. I did not want their adapter. I called the office where we traded in the 2 Verizon phones and packed Sprint phones in original boxes the phones came in and returned them within the 14 days they stated "Satisfaction Guaranteed". I definitely wasn't satisfied and asked for my I5 phones be returned to me. I was told they didn't have the phones and that they were recycled.

Thinking Sprint had taken care of my account with Verizon, I received a bill from Verizon stating I still owed them $900 for the I5 phones. I am now trying to recoup some of my losses and am having a hard time. Taking advantage of the elderly seems to be common practice with Sprint as I have read complaints on previous pages. Don't get caught in the same predicament as we did. And don't surrender your phone as we did. Good Luck!!!

This company does business by misleading people. They keep customers making it very difficult to communicate with them. They keep you on phone for hours and suddenly the call gets disconnected making you feel stupid to spend tons of hours for small amounts and they hope you will give up. My advice for anyone having problems with them is call them and record the conversation by the first place and give them 2-3 chances. Once you have recorded how they handle you best to do is publicize it all over and at least you don't feel that stupid.

My horrible experience with Sprint began Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 5:00 a.m. As a principal of a high school in Chicago Public Schools I rely on my cellular phone to stay in touch and communicate to my school community. When checking my email, my LG G4 phone spontaneously shut down. I attempted to power it back up to no avail. I even remove the cover, took out the battery and waited thirty seconds in order to attempt a cold reboot. No luck! I prayed it was not the same problem my wife had with her LG G4 three times. Sure enough the LG G4 has a software issue that spontaneously breaks down and only allows the phone to display the LG logo and continuously cycle and reboot. There is no fix for it. Sprint nor LG have never notified their customers of the issue.

I handled the problem for my wife every time because I’m more technologically astute and she watches our three daughters while I run around handling household matters. I’ve wasted many hours of my life on a faulty product Sprint kept giving to its customers. After her third phone broke. I took the LG G4 to the Sprint Store where we purchased it located at 7213 W College Dr., Palos Heights, IL 60463. That store use to be a Tech Support Center but was no longer. Sprint did not notify customers again. I was told by the sales representative to go the Sprint Tech Support Center Store located at Ravinia Plaza, 15110 South La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL 60462. I drove out to the Orland Park location and was informed that all the technicians resigned and no one could help me. They referred me to the Sprint Store located at 11239 W 143rd St., Orland Park, IL 60467. I drove to the alternate Orland Park location.

The technician stated this is a known problem with the LG G4 and the only thing that they could do is order my wife a new LG G4 or replace it with a HTC A9. They did not have one at the store so they had to order it taking 3-5 business days. So my wife who drives me three children around to swimming and Tae Kwon Do would be without a phone for up to a week. She also did not backup her contacts and photos, so she lost all her contacts and photos. She decided to go with the HTC A9 because she did not want to have this happen to her again.

At no time did Sprint send out any information to its customers informing them that the LG G4 phone they purchased from their stores may spontaneously malfunction and steps they can take to backup their contacts and data. I asked whether I can exchange my LG G4 phone because my wife likes to have the same phone as me because she can learn from me and ask me questions. The sales representative said no.

The HTC A9 phone arrive three days later and she had to manually input all her contacts. So that brings me to Saturday morning. My phone went dead on January 28, 2017 when I needed it the most. My high school lost a ninth grade student and I was scheduled to go to my doctorate class in the morning and meet with my school board at the student’s visitation at the funeral home. I emailed my school board stating my cellular phone broke and to contact my assistant principal with any issues. After class, I went to pay my respects to the family of our deceased student.

After which I drove out to the same Sprint Tech Support Store located at 11239 W 143rd St., Orland Park, IL 60467 where I exchanged my wife’s phone. They told me their store is no longer a Tech Support Center as of January 2, 2017 (Again Sprint never notified its customers). They instructed me to drive out to 4858 211th Street, Matteson, IL 60443. It was already 5:45 p.m. and the store closed at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. So I asked, “When did it open on Sunday?” The representative said 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. As a principal I really need a phone so I did not go to church with my family so I could take care of my broken phone first thing. This is where the circus of ineptitude began.

I arrived at the Corporate Sprint Store which is a Tech Support Center at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, January 29, 2017. The technician ** was nice and professional. He needed to evaluate the phone that in fact it was broken and did a water test on it to determine it was not dropped in water. Both assessments cleared and he informed me that the only thing he could do is order me another LG G4 phone. I told him that my wife had three LG G4 phones and she was able to exchange it for a HTC A9. He said Sprint no longer replaces it with HTC and I can only order the LG G4. He also informed me that it would take 3-5 business days. I said I’m a principal of a high school and I can’t go without a phone for that long. He said unfortunately there is nothing he could do, but I can call the Customer Care Number to determine whether they can expedite the shipping. Since I had no choice, I did take his offer to order me another LG G4.

I left the store and went home. From home at approximately 3:30 p.m. yesterday I called Customer Care for Sprint. Boy what a misnomer. Based on the four times I was transferred to different representatives I don’t feel Sprint cares about its customers. The phone call took an hour and twenty minutes. I was on hold lengthy periods of time. The first customer care representative stated that she would replace my broken phone with an iPhone 7 or a Samsung Galaxy S7. I said I will take anything but a LG G4. She transferred me to a sales representative. The sales representative stated that I can lease the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone at an additional cost to my monthly payment. I said no, I’m not interested in paying more or extending my contract with Sprint. She transferred me to another Customer Care representative. He was not at all helpful. Made me wait lengthy periods of time and eventually transferred me to Sandra.

Sandra was very pleasant as she could see I was getting frustrated. She put me on hold while she called the Matteson Sprint Store. She told me she had spoken to ** and that the Technician ** was at lunch but is coming back to the store. She stated that she was going to get me a phone today. She told me to drive out to the Matteson Sprint Store which is between 35 to 40 minutes away. She would call the store when I got there and help me get an advanced exchange. I idiotically followed the advice of Sprint’s Customer Care representative. The first person I spoke to was **. A nice young man who seemed to want to help me. I told him I was here to speak to **. ** said there is no ** here. I said "I was told to drive here by Sandra, the Customer Care person from Sprint. She spoke to someone in the store by the name of **."

** overheard the conversation and said that he spoke to Sandra. ** said he told her that the technician was on his way back to the store but the store manager was not here, so ** did not know why Sandra sent me out to their store. I nearly lost it. I said, “Why would I drive all the way out here if I could not be helped? I was specifically told by Sandra to exchange my phone.” They referred me to **, the weekend store manager. I shared with her my situation and she said she does not have the authority to perform an advanced exchange, only the store manager does. I told her, “I can’t [Expletive] believe this! How can I be told to drive all this way by a Customer Care representative for nothing?” That is when **, the technician, came back to the store. He reiterated what ** said.

While he was taking a phone call for another customer, I called the Customer Care Center for Sprint on my wife’s phone, which she let me use, directly from the store. I was speaking with Grace from the Customer Care Center. Grace asked to speak to a representative from the Matteson Store. I made eye contact with ** and asked her if she can speak to a Customer Care representative. She told me and I quote, “I just punched out for lunch, I have not eaten all day!” She refused to take my wife’s cellular phone and walked away from me.

I turned toward ** who finished his call with another customer and told ** that Grace from Customer Care wants to speak with someone from the store. I told him ** couldn’t take the call because she is at lunch, it was 5:50 p.m. ** rolled his eyes and took my wife’s phone from me. That was when Grace spoke to ** and ** told her the policy of advanced exchanges being approved by the Store Manager who was not present.

While he was on the phone with Grace, ** came out of the back room after her five minute lunch and immediately began helping other customers. I’m shocked at the type of customer service I received from ** yesterday. ** finished his conversation with Grace and handed me the phone back. Grace explained that I could not do an advanced exchange because the store manager was not present. I asked Grace, “Then why would Sandra tell me to drive out here after she said she spoke to the Matteson Store and told me that she would get me a phone?” Grace obviously could not answer that question. I asked Grace to give me the contact information to the Corporate Headquarters of Sprint. She did not have it. I asked “I need to know who I can send a formal complaint to about my lack of customer care?” She again did not provide me with the information. She began giving me the address of the Matteson Sprint Store.

I told her, "I don’t need that information because I’m standing in the store right now, I know the address." I asked her, “Why can’t you give me the information of who I can call or write a formal complaint to about the way I was treated today?” She could not give me the information. So being frustrated, I said, “Thank you for not taking care of your customers.” I hung up. Grace did call back and left a message on my wife’s voicemail. She said we got disconnected and that she would call me back in 15-30 minutes. She never called back.

I called the Sprint Store in Matteson this morning at 11:33 a.m. The person said, “Sprint Store please hold.” I was on hold for five minutes until I hung up. I was a U.S. Cellular customer for a long time. I had no choice when Sprint bought out U.S. Cellular. I never had any issues with service and my phones when U.S. Cellular was an independent company. When Sprint took over, I have never felt so mistreated, misinformed, wasting my time, and being ignored by an acting Store Manager in ** like I have this weekend. As a principal of a high school, if I treated parents and students like the way I was treated this weekend I’d be out of a job. The reason why I’m writing this is to improve the Customer Care Services for not only myself but other Sprint customers. If Sprint continues to treat its customers in this manner, this will result in more customers leaving Sprint than joining.

I will wait for a response. If I don’t get a response promptly, I’ll be forwarding this letter to the Better Business Bureau and the Matteson, Illinois Chamber of Commerce. No customer should be sold a faulty product, be lied to that a replacement will be issued, drive miles based on the directives of a Customer Care Representative, not be helped or even ignored by the acting store manager, and not have a phone provided to the customer. Looking forward to working to better Sprint’s Customer Care Services because my experience is indicative that Sprint does not care at all at least about this customer. When I attempted to report the issue I had with my LG G4 online, an error page appeared on the corporate Website not allowing me to get any further. It appears there is an intentional method used to avoid responsibility on everyone’s part to help customers deal with a flawed product like the LG G4 phone.

I called back the Customer Care number 888-211-4727 at 1:50 p.m. Monday, January 30, 2017. I spoke with John. He kept me on hold for almost 21 minutes waiting for his supervisor to be available to speak to me. He said that they were too busy and the supervisor would call me back sometime before the end of the day. This really is like a bad joke someone is trying to play on me.

I hate that company with a passion. I swear! I called to see if I can get a payment arrangement until the 17th and they told me now because my other two payment arrangements were not on the dates I asked for but they still got their money! They turned my phone off and not even a supervisor willing to help me. I even explained I have a child I can't have my phone off and I was not working at the time still no help!! I switched from T-Mobile who never ever did that to me. Now I'm going back to them. Sprint is the worse company ever!!!

Sprint did everything in their power to make our family leaving to another provider as difficult as possible. Their 3rd party franchisee sales staff told us to go to a corporate store or go through customer care when trying to get our phone cancelled and make our account number and PIN accessible to the new provider. Then they wouldn't unlock our phone we paid off to use at another network which is illegal. Our family paid off our Sprint phone and when trying to unlock it in the store, the staff said we had to talk to customer care on the back phone where they kept hanging up.

Changed their website, now I can only see info on ONE of my TWO accounts. How many times will you people try to screw with your customers (of over 10 years) and try to make everything harder than It has to be. About ready to quit doing business with you jokers.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I got a tablet and was told I could transfer my phone from my grandmas account to my own. And then they told me it was $25 a month unlimited and then they wouldn't let me move my phone over and started charging an extra 50 a month so for 3 months. Over 300 dollars for just a tablet. Don't fall for these tricks. It's fraud and BS.

Sprint has went from a company that I loved, despite poor mobile reliability... they had good customer support! Now they are one of the worst companies that I have ever worked with. Poor reliability and horrible customer service!!! I will be leaving as soon as my current agreement is over... I would rather have no phone than to have them as a provider!

I used to have Verizon as my carrier and had nothing but great experiences with them but due to Verizon being more expensive, I decided to change carriers and go w/ Sprint since they were cheaper than Verizon and I heard how their service was good through my coworkers and friends that had their service. I just recently switched services to AT&T after being a Sprint customer for a few years. The reason for me switching was due to a great deal AT&T had going on last December where you buy one iPhone 7 and you get the second iPhone 7 for free plus another free iPhone 7 if you either have uVerse or DirecTV, and second was cell and customer service.

Cell service was decent but there were numerous times where people would send me text messages and I wouldn't receive them until 10-15 minutes later, sometimes longer, and on several occasions, not until the following day. As far as data coverage goes, it would show 4G/LTE on my cell phone but data service was non existent. Same goes for cell coverage where it would show at least a minimum of 4 bars but would either get drop calls or very choppy signal. In Sprint's coverage map website page, it shows that my home gets 4G/LTE coverage along w/ great cell coverage, but when trying to make or receive phone calls, if I'm downstairs, I get disconnected a lot or the reception is very lousy. The only place I can get alright service when talking on the phone is in the master bedroom, but once you move to hallway or into one of the kids rooms, your call either gets dropped or very choppy.

When it comes to customer service, the employees are nice and helpful on the phone, but that's as far as it goes. If you have charges in your bill that you're contesting, they say that they will take care of it for you right then and there and remove the charges and credit it back to your account, it will take two to three billing cycles before they finally fix the mistake. In summary, it wasn't worth it switching to Sprint due to coverage limitations in certain areas especially in my home where we have no landline and we use our cellphones as our direct emergency contact number.

Sprint PCS Company Profile