Sprint
2.70/5
Based on 3,242 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Sprint Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I switched from Verizon to Sprint last year. I called and spoke to the rep who was a great guy who lived in Florida. I explained that I was a single working mom and needed to lower my monthly phone charges. He went over all the plans and I got two phones with unlimited. He quoted me $115/month. I got my first bill and it was $165/month. I went to the store to get help and they said they don't handle billing. I called customer service and no one could help me - said that's what the cost was.

My next biggest problem is service in my area. I am in Western Massachusetts and it's not a good area for Sprint. My son was locked out of the house and couldn't get through to me on the phone. Texts weren't going through. Basically, the only way we can get service is by being connected to WiFi. So how does the unlimited even help me? This was last year and I have since upgraded my phones. The cost was supposed to be $185 /month and I pay $220/month so my son and I can have the latest phones. I have called in numerous times to check service and nothing has helped us. The funny thing is.. they want us to call in from another phone to troubleshoot your phone. I don't have another phone to call in on if I'm using my cell. Nothing has helped.

They gave me SprintDrive when I upgraded my phone. Said it was a promotion and was free. Nope. I am paying for it and for the service. Another huge complaint is.. towards the end of month when I owe money, they slow down my service which is called throttling and is illegal. At&T just got sued for doing this to unlimited customers. When my phones are paid off, I am done with Sprint. Very sad that these wireless carriers have screwed over hardworking people to make $$. I used to have AT&T back in the day and they were the best. Sprint is just not good. Expensive. Connection issues. Horrible Experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I am a customer who has been deceived and poorly informed to make a sale. I have got a phone on a "Sprint promotion" at Walmart. I was super clear with the Sprint representative BEFORE I finished my transaction about my necessities about this phone. I just need this phone for 30 days, without a contract and after that, I want to disconnect and unblock this phone. Besides, she never let me know they will check my credit (BTW, now every month), the representative (Hellen) never told me I was forced to wait 50 days before I canceled and unblock my phone. Now, the Supervisor (Maria **) uses the excuse that I supposed to know the Terms and Conditions BEFORE I buy my phone. Now, I am tied to Sprint against my volunteer. This is the worst Customer Service I ever had.

As a customer, I have been very clear and agree to pay my bills, but has been a really dirty step as a company to hide me the Terms and Conditions of their service. The representative (Helen) also suggest me to sell my line to another person to don't lose their sales. Very disappointed. I feel violated and submitted to fulfill sales plans. It is the second time in a long period I have been under Sprint company. CHECK BEFORE BEING DOPED.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I did business with Sprint in 2018 because they had the iPhone X discounted at 50%. Choosing the cheapest plan ($30 Entry Fee with 2g of fast data then unlimited data) with the purchase of the phone ($20) my bill with their "surcharges and add on fees" had me stuck in an 18-month lease at 80-$110. This is for 2g of 4LTE which can be considered a "normal speed" and after that data was used the "unlimited data" was completely useless. As an example, I remember trying to pull up the page to order pizza and it took 10% of my battery just trying to load the page. It took around 10 minutes and I gave up waiting on it to load. Once my lease was up, I still had to pay $300 for my phone to be unlocked. I was so happy to switch. They were charging me $110 and they explained to me that paying the $110 does not go towards my phone payment and I'm paying regular price for the leasing of the phone.

Trying to leave was the worst experience I have ever had. I am not the person that yells or gets angry at people. The customer service had me so upset that I was in tears. Once they explained that I had to pay the $110, I told them in the store that I am canceling my service before the next billing cycle. They said to do it I would have to call the telephone line. It took 2 weeks to unlock my phone. I talked to 4 phone representatives in total about me unlocking my phone. They kept telling me the person I talked to last did it wrong and that they had to make a ticket and processing takes 72 hours. I paid another $110 bill because they weren't fast enough (waited about 2 weeks), keep in mind I paid the $300 already but they said that the bills that I was paying for was for the previous month.

Very upsetting, but the exact day it was unlocked I switched carriers! Now it's been a month and my SD card were changed. The Sprint techs told me that there's nothing left for me to do and that I was good to go. I get a statement AGAIN, for now, $57. I just spent a 30-minute phone call upset because I don't know how I am being charged once again when I'm just trying to move on. They refunded the $57 but are marking it as an unpaid billed and now will affect my credit score.

NEVER and I mean NEVER had such a negative experience with a company before. They are truly a scam. They don't provide any explanations to billing, you have to take the time each month because I wasn't provided a notice when my "lease was up" or that they were charging me $110. Cannot wait till they are out of business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Made appointment in store 862 in Duluth Georgia and representative was horrible, no help, had me waiting almost 3 hours and ended up getting my account canceled! Dejawn or name similar to that and he kept saying the lie about 15 more minutes but the worst cell phone experience I’ve ever been through.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I've been trying to upgrade my phone with Sprint for a week now. I ordered it online and was told to pick it up the following Saturday (3 days after the order). I waited an hour at the store to be seen. They did not have the phone. The manager told me they would have it by Monday. On Sunday I received an email from sprint informing me that they had cancelled my order because I had not picked up the phone within 72 hours?! Since then, I've spent many (over 10 at least) hours dealing with various call center reps, who, even though every one of them had consistently screwed something up, continued to try and up-sell me at every turn! I can't even begin to explain the incompetence they displayed. I only have 200 words!

I thought I'd finalized the order with my last phone fiasco today. I paid for shipping again, couldn't get the same deal I'd signed up for, but at this point I just want to be done with it. They sent me the order summary and that it would ship by 1pm. Well, I just received an email telling me that the phone I ordered is on back order.... Congratulations Sprint, your customer service is now on par with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Good job...

Sprint Company Information