Sprint
2.70/5
Based on 3,243 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Sprint Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I am a customer who has been deceived and poorly informed to make a sale. I have got a phone on a "Sprint promotion" at Walmart. I was super clear with the Sprint representative BEFORE I finished my transaction about my necessities about this phone. I just need this phone for 30 days, without a contract and after that, I want to disconnect and unblock this phone. Besides, she never let me know they will check my credit (BTW, now every month), the representative (Hellen) never told me I was forced to wait 50 days before I canceled and unblock my phone. Now, the Supervisor (Maria **) uses the excuse that I supposed to know the Terms and Conditions BEFORE I buy my phone. Now, I am tied to Sprint against my volunteer. This is the worst Customer Service I ever had.

As a customer, I have been very clear and agree to pay my bills, but has been a really dirty step as a company to hide me the Terms and Conditions of their service. The representative (Helen) also suggest me to sell my line to another person to don't lose their sales. Very disappointed. I feel violated and submitted to fulfill sales plans. It is the second time in a long period I have been under Sprint company. CHECK BEFORE BEING DOPED.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Made appointment in store 862 in Duluth Georgia and representative was horrible, no help, had me waiting almost 3 hours and ended up getting my account canceled! Dejawn or name similar to that and he kept saying the lie about 15 more minutes but the worst cell phone experience I’ve ever been through.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I've been trying to upgrade my phone with Sprint for a week now. I ordered it online and was told to pick it up the following Saturday (3 days after the order). I waited an hour at the store to be seen. They did not have the phone. The manager told me they would have it by Monday. On Sunday I received an email from sprint informing me that they had cancelled my order because I had not picked up the phone within 72 hours?! Since then, I've spent many (over 10 at least) hours dealing with various call center reps, who, even though every one of them had consistently screwed something up, continued to try and up-sell me at every turn! I can't even begin to explain the incompetence they displayed. I only have 200 words!

I thought I'd finalized the order with my last phone fiasco today. I paid for shipping again, couldn't get the same deal I'd signed up for, but at this point I just want to be done with it. They sent me the order summary and that it would ship by 1pm. Well, I just received an email telling me that the phone I ordered is on back order.... Congratulations Sprint, your customer service is now on par with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Good job...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Store #905 located 3810 Truxel Road Suite 300 Sacramento, CA 95834. Sales agent ** is not transparent. She lied to me at signing and lied to her manager about her sales transaction. I changed service to Sprint because of great offer. But the sales agent I had was not honest. She told me, she got an approval from management to offer AirPods as an appreciation for joining sprint. Said, “the AirPod were totally free.” I didn’t think it was that easy so I said I didn’t want the AirPod but what about a case for my new phone because she clearly sees Airpods already in my ear. ** then proceeded to tell me I can find cases for a lot less such as on Amazon and why wouldn’t I want AirPods for “free”. She convinced me that was my best option.

When I received my first bill I noticed that the numbers ** promised were not adding up. Realized then, that I am not being charged for AirPods I didn’t need or want. ** did not only lie about how much deposit required for service but when management asked her about transaction she said she offered a “bundle”. As if I don’t understand what bundling means. Not any time during signing did she ever mentioned the words “bundle”.

After reading Yelp reviews about this location, I am not the only one that have been scammed at this store. I did not find one positive review and most reviews mentioned how they were “deceived” by this store. I need corporate to take further actions with this store because the team at this location need training. Sales need to learn the meaning of transparent and explained in details without trying to blindside customers. I do not feel good about my first experience with sprint because I was lied to. Further more, wouldn’t want my family, friends, or colleagues to have same experience.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

False advertising when Sprint insists on telling me I I can give them my iPhone X 256Gb in exchange for a “free” upgrade to iPhone 11 256 Gb. Found out if you want to keep their “free” phone you have to pay almost $200. Plus you have to pay what they call a “DOWNPAYMENT” of $150. It is not a “down payment” as they do not give you credit for the $150. So much money I would give them for a “FREE” phone.

Sprint Company Information