Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Sprint Reviews

Sprint
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.44/5
Based on 2,583 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2020

I signed up for Sprint Unlimited Premium for $70/mnth w/ $5 autopay discount recently. Below is my brief experience with the process. Moving from AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan (unlimited talk/data, but limited txt messages and no hotspots) with an employer discount that came out roughly the same price. AT&T was my first cell carrier and I never tried any other carrier. Been with them roughly 20yrs. Porting my number was a new experience.

The signup process was pretty painful. Although my current iPhone 8 plus is unlocked thru AT&T GSM, it's not cross compatible with CDMA. So went thru the extra hassle of buying a used phone on eBay that could handle both signals. Found one in excellent condition and a better battery life. Will be selling mine for roughly the same price. The next step was painful/lot of work as I couldn't signup thru the website. Had to call. Spoke to someone who appeared to be overseas due to his thick accent and his phone connection was terrible. Lot of static background noise and I could hear myself echo thru his headset.

Managed to get a SIM Card and activation without extra cost. Took about 2 business days to get SIM Card. I want to say total phone conversation between two different days was 1 1/2-2hrs probably including waiting for someone to answer/on hold while they inputted my info. Near the end of the call, he really tried selling me the additional insurance plan that would cover any damages/replacement of my phone. I had to refuse at least 6xs.

Haven't really had an opportunity to test signal while driving due to COVID-19, but have experienced a brief dead zone near where I live (I live in Central Florida/Orlando). Too early to tell whether moving to Sprint was worth it or a mistake. When COVID-19 subsides and we can commute to work/school again, I will be heavy on data. I like to stream music/howard stern on Sirius App. So will be disappointed if I experience a lot of data drops and will revisit with a better review once I can test.

$300 giftcard is nice and hope it actually happens. Extra bonus points for getting Amazon Prime as my membership just expired before I moved. And additional bonus points for Tidal and Hulu. I'm hoping with Sprints merger with TMobile that they will provide good service / jump on the 5g bandwagon fairly soon...and not ditch the prime membership. Also, when I activated my phone, it was stuck on 3G. I had to do some tinkering/self google troubleshooting to get it on LTE. Glad I didn't have to call customer service and managed to self resolve.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I went into this location expecting to have to purchase a new phone thinking mine had died and I hadn't had it that long. I spoke to Wilford and explained my phone would not charge. He assessed the situation and said all I needed was a new charger and cable. I realty appreciated his honesty he could have sold me a new phone that I didn't need and never would have been the wiser and i couldn't afford right now. Thanks for hiring people with integrity.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I initially switched to Sprint thinking it would save me money on my monthly wireless cost(s) and it has been a nightmare since day one. I ordered my phones online and upon arrival found that we had no service at all when in my apartment, and little to no service on our side of town despite there being a Sprint tower less than a mile away. I contacted customer service and was told they were going to send me a "Magic Box" (mini cell tower basically) and that would solve my network issues. Their "just plug it in and you're good to go" turned into five phone calls and over three hours on the phone getting bounced from one department to another just to get the thing to turn on and connect to their network. It didn't take long to see that the Magic Box was anything but - with it turned on we still only had one or two bars of service.

After another handful of calls to customer service I finally spoke with someone who informed me I never should have been given a Magic Box in the first place because it would not help. By now, the 30 day money back guarantee was long gone but after many more hours on the phone they finally agreed to compensate me for three months worth of service. That's great, but it didn't change the fact that their service doesn't work at my house. I wound up having to get wifi from a local internet service provider in order to get my phone to work.

Then there was an issue with one of the devices on the account. We took it to a Sprint store and one of the customer service reps for some reason put the SIM card from the device in another phone and apparently doing that signed us up for Sprint Complete unbeknownst to us. The customer service representative I spoke to on the phone is the one who explained how this happened yet they wouldn't reverse the charges/credit back the account for them even though they told me it was a mistake on their end.

The cherry on top of this whole brain aneurysm-causing nightmare of my year with Sprint was when both my phones were stolen/ruined. I spoke to them right away and told them I had no phones and on multiple occasions stated they would suspend the service but did not - and I didn't find out until the autopay went through. I've now paid for three months of service I couldn't use - complete with the Sprint Complete Insurance charge still on the bill. The employees I've spoken to have no problem suggesting I just get a different device that's compatible and use it until I reach the buyout stage of my lease because doing so would allow me to avoid two $299 damaged equipment fee charges. I struggle to find an adequate way to describe how awful my experience with Sprint has been. It has been a complete waste of time and money at the very least.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I've been a Sprint customer for 18+ years. Twice now in the last 18 months I've been denied a screen repair for the $25 shown as part of the insurance I pay for every month. In the end the resolution was for Sprint to waive my initial deposit to upgrade my phone. Here is my recent chat log notes where the representative says "Grace A.: I have discuss with my senior specialist and maximum we can waived the full down payment. How about that?" So I agreed to this only to waste another 20-30 minutes and get told that the upfront cost cannot be waived online and that I would have to pay it and get credited 1-2 billing statements later. So I should give Sprint my money for 30-60 days?

After expressing my dissatisfaction with this as this was not what Grace indicated in her message to me during our online chat, I said I will not authorize my CC to be charged and the agent then told me to call escalations. I cant waste more of my valuable time on hold with Sprint. After 18 years I dont feel valued in any way as a client. Chat ID: **. DATE/TIME: 2020-03-22 07:30:49.

Sprint response

Thank you for the number. We will have a team member contact you asap.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I got Samsung s20 5g for 0$ per month for me and my wife. And a plan for 70$per month. I very got the first bill and they said I had to pay 41.67$ for both phones for 1 month... When I spoke to customer service they said they will waive it before billing cycle which they lied because the other customer service said is not lot like.. "Why don't you pay only 90$ this month. They will waive it". I spoke to Costco which is the the place I sign the contract. They said, "Don't speak to them anymore. You sign with us." I dont get it. Why I should be charged for the lease when I sign up for 0$ per month. Be aware. They will. Lie to you anytime you spoke to them. They are nasty. Wish I could sue them. Don't know where are the customer laws.

Original review: March 21, 2020

So, I got with Sprint June 2018, and at first it was great. And then my first bill showed which should have been the red flag. Over the last two years my bill continued to rise and I could not afford it and no one could tell me why. Then, my ex husband and his father (who were both on my plan) were able to upgrade their phones without my permission. Sprint could do nothing about the mistake they made. A week later, I went to upgrade my phone, paid off the device and was no longer eligible for upgrade even though I had been the night prior with trade in and a $150 down payment. After that, I took my business elsewhere.

Got that bill put in my ex’s name. It’s his problem now. I have a brand new iPhone through AT&T with a lower phone bill and I’m only paying $10 a month on my device. Save yourself some trouble and your sanity and take your business to any other phone company. Sprint is just as ** as everyone says it is. Don’t waste your time and money on this company.

Original review: March 21, 2020

First of all, I was sucked in by the slick television commercials that they produce. Do not make that mistake! The first flag that went up and that I ignored, was it took all three giggling girls in the store 2 1/2 hours to get me signed up and get a functioning phone. My bad. If there was a rating less than zero stars, they would have it. When I signed up, there were all of these great programs that had to save money. One was a discount for military service. I had to dig up my DD214, scan it, and email it to some department. I waited a few days and then went to the Sprint store to check on it. I was told that the military discount was not available for the plan they had sold me. So much for that.

The second issue is, I was told that Sprint would buy out my phone from Verizon up to a certain amount, which I qualified for and in return, they would lease me a phone and give me credit for the monthly charge, thereby providing me with a free phone. Sprint's customer no-service finally got around to telling me that the phone I traded in was not eligible for the buyout plan. So the net result is That I had to pay for a phone that I turned in. My next stop is T-Mobile. They have what appears to be a great plan, also with a phone buyout, but the catch is that I have to stay with this bunch of incompetent criminals for 90 days before I can switch to them. And, you can bet I will get everything in print as to what they offer. Bottom line... Caveat Emptor. Do not get sucked in by these people.

Sprint Company Information