Sprint PCS
1.62/5
Based on 756 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sprint PCS Reviews

5397 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

My husband and I went into the Sprint store in Lafayette, LA last month to inquire about adding a line to my mom’s family plan. The rep talked us both into adding a line and told us we could get new phones and it would be $50 each a month. My husband was with AT&T and paying $50, but my family plan was grandfathered into unlimited data, so he switched too. My mom got the bill in and it’s $71 per phone! We were totally lied to and would have never switched for that. I’m very sick over this. Can’t believe they lied to our face.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Worse mistake ever. I have been going back and forth with Sprint since October 2017 over phones we returned September 09 2017 that they claim they only got 2 phone and have been charging me for 2 leases on my one phone line because they never closed the lease agreements and stated they never got one phone. After months and countless hours of being on the phone fighting over this and every time I call I speak to someone who speaks no ** English someone finally says the phone was found. It was returned to Asurion insurance and they would close the lease contracts so I wouldn’t be charged the 244 a month anymore. When I asked about a refund for the last 9 months of paying for the leases I was told they cannot give me a refund but will write off the credit for canceling the lease agreement.

How is that possible that I paid for the last 9 months for a phone I did not have and you can’t credit my money back? How is it that your reps say a supervisor is going to call you back and never call you back then when I say where am I calling they say the damn Philippines so there is no guarantee that you can even trace these calls. Half them don’t even document properly because everyday I call in I have to explain this story over and over. I have been a customer since March 2015 and this is how you treat your customers?

My new bill just came through and went from 244 to 256 but yet you closed two lease agreements on my account. Makes no sense and nobody can answer my damn questions. How do you get help in this damn company. I can’t switch companies until this is fixed because I will then owe money and this will go on my credit. This company just crews people. I guess I have to get an attorney involved. I have filed a complaint with the FCC. I have been a faithful customer since 2015. I just wish they would give me my credit for the money I have paid in due to their mistakes so I can take my business elsewhere. Seems like you just can’t get answers from anyone and nobody wants to admit their fault and just correct the wrong doing. I don’t understand how this company can keep getting away with this and there is nowhere to turn for help.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have been with Sprint since they bought Nextel in 2004. I really only have one complaint, new customers are the only thing they care about. Only new customers get deals on phones and plans. I called last night to discuss getting new phones because all 3 of mine are done and paid for. Only to be told there are no deals for me and it will cost me $110 a month just for the phones plus about $140 for the plan. They are out of their tree. Sprint is far from the only company like that. When will these companies wake up and realize to have and maintain a good company you need to KEEP your customers. Everyone has to constantly switch companies just to be able to afford it. I will be switching to AT&T for $54 per month for the same phones. A new Sprint customer would pay about the same.

Original review: June 21, 2018

This is for the ENTIRE SPRINT SERVICE. Wish I could give zero stars or negative stars. This service is horrible! The actual phone service is very shabby. Constant dropped calls, fuzzy calls, or call won't go through at all! Text messages either won't go through, or I'll receive 6 - 10 duplicates of the same message (and the people I am messaging will get multiple duplicates of my messages as well - embarrassing!) And data is horrible as well! It won't always connect, pages load slowly, or some pages won't load at all! I don't use phone for anything other than email, using Google search, or paying bills in the browser. Rarely stream videos (accept a few that are posted on Facebook, and that is rare as well). And all of this occurs in the city! I could understand if I was out in the wilderness, but when I'm in the city I shouldn't be having constant issues.

Also, the representatives lie! One will tell you one thing, and the other will tell you something totally different! Before I started service back in year 2016, I called and asked rep if I could use my current phone device (so I wouldn't have to purchase a new one). She asked me all the info about the phone device (make, past service, etc) and told me that yes, I could use my current device. So, I go into the store, and sign up for service (paperwork and everything). The man then says, what phone were you thinking of getting? I told him I was keeping my current device. He told me I couldn't do that. I told him I had spoken with a woman rep on the phone not even a full 20 minutes before I came here. He simply said, "She was wrong" and that was it. I didn't feel like fighting and needed to go to work in an hour, so I agreed to buy a phone (adding another $30 to the overall bill).

Then I was told I would have special service pricing for the entirety of my contract, and then when contract ended the price would go back to normal. I started the contract in October 2016, and my contract ends October 2018. Again, I said that would be fine. Well, today (6-21-2018) I went to pay bill, and there was another extra $25 - $30 added to bill! I checked my usage to make sure I didn't go over (which I know I didn't beforehand, because I have unlimited texts and calls, and 6GB of data - I never use more than 2GB). This was another thing I got pushed into in October 2016, because they swore that 6GB was the lowest data amount they had (although their website said differently???).

So I called today to ask why bill had increased, and I found out 2 things; A.) My special pricing ended in May 2018 - even though I was told it would last the duration of the 2 year contract which will be this upcoming October 2018. B.) My data had been bumped up to 12GB!!! I told them I didn't authorize this change (I'm the only one on the bill). They said they had gotten rid of all their lower data plans, and now 12GB was the lowest data they had. WTF?! Again, I barely use 2GB! I asked to have my plan lowered, and I was once again told that this was not possible as there were no other lower plans! I also explained that my contract would not be up until October 2018, and the woman confirmed this. But she said that the man had been wrong when he told me the pricing would last the duration of the 2 year contract.

So that is TWO out of FOUR different reps that are supposedly giving wrong information. In conclusion, stay away from this phone service! There are much better (and cheaper) services to use! I will be cutting my contract off early before October (depending on how much I have to pay). If they charge me an arm-and-a-leg to terminate early, I will hold out until contract ends and switch to another service then!

Original review: June 20, 2018

We switched from Sprint to another carrier after relocating. The Sprint coverage was just not good in the area. The new carrier had a deal where they would cover up to a certain amount of the outstanding balance on the Sprint account. Apparently, that didn't work out so well, and we were left with a balance of $1,496.88. IC System was assigned to the account to collect from us the balance owed to Sprint.

After a short discussion with IC System, we fully and completely settled our Sprint account for $998.94. AFTER we settled, Sprint CONTINUED to charge our credit card for an additional $355.88 (a) first stating that they had no record of the settlement, and (b) then stating that the settlement did not include additional early termination fees. Either IC System did not advise Sprint that the account had been settled, or Sprint is counting on us not making a big deal about having the additional post-settlement charge. Both are unfair and deceptive collection practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I switched from Verizon to Sprint because they were supposed to: be cheaper per month ($190 - Verizon VS $140 - Sprint) for my two lines. I got an iPhone 8 free with purchase of the iPhone 8 plus (I still had to pay for the iPhone 8 the first month). They would pay off my remaining balance for my Verizon phone. What I got was: $170 a month phone bill, a phone that doesn't work enough to send a text message with 3 bars of LTE.

I had to fork up the money for my remaining balance on my Verizon bill only to find out that the gift card they gave me my reimbursement on cannot be used to pay back the credit card I used to pay Verizon. I know have to pay back more money on my credit card because I wasn't told this. Two phones that cannot seem to deliver a voicemail on time (we receive them about 4 hours later). If I want help with my phone and to have someone look at it my only option is to drive an hour away from my house to one of their stores that actually fixes phones.

If someone actually did their job and told me all about my contract in the first place I would have taken advantage of the 30 day policy and gotten out of my contract while I still had the chance... but of course we can add that to the list of things I wasn't informed about before I switched. Word to the wise if you're thinking about switching to Sprint... just don't do it. From, One INCREDIBLY pissed off customer.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I switched to Sprint after being with T-Mobile for 16 years because when I called they offered the BOGO iPhone 8 Plus which my kids were dying to have, my husband and I were LG customers and really didn't have any complaints. We changed providers based on the information provided by the customer service representative, she communicated that Sprint would "pay the balance" for our cell phones with T-Mobile, the Samsung Galaxy 8 for my husband and I were "1 penny each a month", my estimated bill was less than $160 a month! Which all was a great incentive, if it were actually true, the Samsungs are being billed for $16 a month each, the buy back program has not been valid, I mailed two of the cell phones back, no credit or payment for them has been provided.

The third phone, I was informed that I would get a "package" to mail it back, however I have NEVER received it! I called customer service, I was on hold/off and on for more than 45 minutes, only to be told go to store. That same day I went to the store only to be redirected back to the "online buyback program". When I entered my information and error message happens, I am not able to successfully complete the process. I called customer service again only to be told, they will call me back with promotions. I really don't like this provider and feel that the initial call and information falsely provided to me was only for her commission check and financial gain! Sprint has been an awful cell phone provider, I would not recommend!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have been with Sprint since the 90's and was happy until I suddenly needed a phone ASAP. I was told I was eligible for an "upgrade" and told the phone I selected would cost me $300. This is slightly more than I usually pay, (only use basic features) but for convenience, I went ahead. I paid cash for the phone, and was assured MULTIPLE times, that I now owned it, and nothing additionally would be charged. Of course a $25 "supplement" has been billed to me for almost 2 yrs! With no signed agreement by me. No matter how many hours I've spent with customer service, or times I've been promised that it would be removed. This phone will end up costing me over $900! Don't EVER get your equipment from Sprint!! It gives them license to rip you off and you are stuck...

Original review: June 19, 2018

I got laid off of my job about two months ago due to an acquisition. I attempted to call Sprint to ask them if I could make a payment arrangement for Thursday. The lady on the end was a broken record saying I needed to pay 326. I calmly asked if there was any way I could make a payment arrangement for Friday so it would not disrupt my service. She again would not stop saying this very rudely. They have no compassion for those going through hard times. I was just asking for 4 days to make the payment. I will be choosing a different carrier. I recommend you do the same.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Never in my life have I wasted so much time on the phone, on a chat on emails trying just to log on to the stupid site. They are so useless in support. It is so infuriating to deal with them. You better hope that you have saved your receipt on your purchase or you are never getting your phone to work again. STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Sprint is the shiftiest place that lie and cannot keep their promise on your phone bills. We’ll always have to called them every month to month and I’m so ** tired calling them each month to deal with their ** cheap ** service. My normal bill would be under $140 a month and every bill I see is like $189 and every ** time I called them they will always have the same ** excuses over and over. ** Sprint. I recommend to stay away from this ripped off ** customer. Sprint is a poor ** service.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was misled by a representative who was trying to get me to upgrade. I was quoted a total per month and told that it would take 1 or 2 bills to get to that total. Now on the 3rd bill, my bill is $90 more per month than promised. I called in to get this solved and they all told me the same thing, then when they would try to get me to a supervisor, they would never get on. I then chatted with 3 representatives, and was disconnected each time they tried to get a supervisor. Sprint knows they are cheating me and they're trying to hide. I'm done with them and I'll be switching, even if I pay more.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My whole family has had Sprint for about 8 years now. Everyone has experienced dropped call (sometimes 3 times during a conversation, it gets dropped, then I recall, start the conversation again, and it gets dropped again!!!) Then, there are the text messaging issues. I send texts with a bit of wariness because about 1/3 of them never arrive. AND (and this happens all the time), this Friday, I got 3 text messages that has been sent to me by 3 different senders on LAST SATURDAY! (One of which was completing a deal that I have now lost because I didn't get that text for a WEEK!!!) - One time, I got texts (during last summer) that were sent 2 months ago in the spring!!! (How bad can this get I ask you?) Service is terrible and if they are the second-largest network as they state in commercials, then I seriously pity them.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I use to be a Sprint user for 15 years from 1999 until 2014. I always knew Sprint had poor customer service and poor technical service but I ignored it because of fear of change. When I finally look back it was the worst experience I have ever had as a customer and the relief I felt since leaving is unmeasured. The stress of not mortgaging yourself to pay your monthly bill. The pleasant nature of the calling customer service. The knowing what my bill is every month. The consistency of my service. The not having to dread my phone. Actually enjoying my service because I don't have to think about it. Leaving Sprint is like divorcing an abusing partner and finding a quiet nice person to share your remaining days with. You look back and think wow. How did I not know that they were so bad and so awful. It is absolutely the worst Carrier out of the major 4 because of the dishonesty.

Original review: June 17, 2018

When I call or use the Sprint chat for issues I get transferred all over. I get the runaround as to why my bill keeps going up. Why I keep losing signal or issues with payment arrangements. I get promised call backs and never get them. I get promised to have issues looked into and nothing. I pay over 200 a month for the worst service ever. I can't travel to another city in my state or I lose signal. I can't drive around my home town without losing my signal. This company will continue to rob their customers and they don't care if their customers are happy. But be late on a payment and they will turn your phone off in a heart beat and act like you just stole from them. Stay away from Sprint.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I asked to shut off 4 devices back in Feb and they refused to shut them off. They tried to change my mind. Over 45 minutes this went on. Still being charge for the devices. One good thing at least I been talking to someone that speaks English.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Sprint has been a pretty reliable network. It does still have some blackout places but not often. I use Google maps a lot because I have moved to a new state and am not familiar with the area. Only occasionally do I lose the signal and can't get up to date directions. Everything has been easy to use except My Sprint. I have quite a bit of trouble trying to log in. I keep getting error messages about a wrong email or password. Also, I get sent to a different website.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I just switch from AT&T to Sprint. Customer service in the store was on point. The staff made it so easy to switch and they went the extra mile helping me set up 5 lines. Sprint has the best prices for monthly plans and huge sale on cell phones. Unlimited for 20 bucks.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Sprint has the best customer service. Very accommodate and always willing to help. Since I have a móvil this is the only company I been using basis in experiences in my family members with other companies. Family plans are affordable to any budget. Overall, no matter what they can offer in the market I don’t consider to make the switch.

Dear Enny ,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Let us know if you need any help with your account or service!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years on a very old plan. 22 months ago I had to add on 2 more lines for my kids and had to have a new 2 year contract. Recently, I needed to replace my kids phones and sprint was trying to rip me off with new contracts. After their representatives repeatedly try to scam me into spending more money and higher plans, I was tired of their misrepresentation and will be going to a more reliable carrier. I cancelled my service with less than 30 days on the plan and paid the extortion (cancellation) fee of $200 to cancel service 30 days less than expected. It was worth it to get rid of this company. After they have received my payment, 30 days later, I get a call from a debt collector that I did not pay $200 cancellation fee. I told the debt collector you are too late buddy. Go get your money from Sprint. Never do business with this untrustworthy non-accredited company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

If you are in a metropolitan area, on major highway from coast to coast, Sprint cellular phone service is difficult to beat... in that it's unlimited calling, no long distance, no surprise charges. If you are in rural areas, it sucks. Service is spotty at best, and utterly non-existent in some places. If you are looking for unlimited data... it's really a question of whether or not where you 'are' and go have data access. If they do, it's pretty good to great. If they don't, odds are they won't for many years (if ever).

My suggestion, is find a friend with Sprint already, and make sure the services you need work. If they do, you're good to go. If they don't, they won't likely change (unless there is a massive population boom in your area). Personally, I LOVE the fact my bill is exactly the same from month to month, and your plan doesn't have to change, unless you want it to.

However, like with all cellular providers, it's cheaper to BUY A PHONE (from a friend or online) and activate it (so long as you get a working phone that can be activated)... than their new trick bag 'monthly leasing' plan. They have a 'simply everything' (unlimited voice, long distance, text, and data) for about 40 to 60 a month, depending on the number of phones and geographical area, and it really rocks. However, if you get suckered into the 'latest and greatest' smartphone plan, or insurance scam, you'll be doubling your bill. Buy a LifeProof or OtterBox Defender case... take care of your bought phone and live on the cheap.

Asurion sucks big time. Not only do they charge a monthly fee (about $10+tax), but also have a $100 to 250 deductible and DO NOT COVER ANY WATER DAMAGE. Worse yet, they LIE and if there is ANY 'liquid looking' stuff inside, they will 'claim water damage' and refuse any repair. So, be really really careful about the insurance plan you get, because it's a suckers play. $10 a month x 12 = 120+250 deductable = 370 and all but the latest model phones can be purchased outright on eBay for less! So, if you don't usually break your phone, you're better off self-insuring (set aside some money in a separate savings account for repairs, replacements, or upgrades). Avoid those $20 - 40 a month 'lease' plans, that are a cost ON TOP OF the plan price. (20 a month x 12 = 240, add in that insurance and the deductible cost, and voila you have a new phone and case, with money left over).

Buy smart. Plan, think and calculate. Some insurance plans allow for 'loss' - if you are stubborn and feel you need the insurance anyhow, it's usually better to 'lose' a phone (if you have one of those plans) than to have any repairs denied because of anything they might claim as water damage. (My wife's phone was never dropped, never in water, never even in the rain, always kept in an OtterBox - that looked new a year later - and even though we didn't have insurance, they denied repairing it (under warranty) claiming it was water damaged. However, it wasn't. A power cord smoked out, while plugged in, and it was the 'oily residue' from the plastic cord. But it was a fight. Repair cost $75 (without insurance, and no deductible).

If you are smart, wise, and aware and in an area that Sprint works well for you, then that 'consistent' monthly bill makes life a whole lot easier. I traveled all over the USA as long as I was 'on a major road, or near a city or town, I had great voice & texting service. Small towns 3G data, medium & big towns usually have 4G (except Florida, it's pretty much all 4G). Most of the I-5, I-40, I-10, I-20, and I-95 are great. It's those 'off' areas, like The King Ranch in Utah... and between towns in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana, little to no service except in the towns.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I terminated my Sprint service because their coverage did not include certain cities where I travel (Scottsbluff, Nebraska and Depoe Bay, Oregon). I received a notice from Sprint that I needed to return my phones by April 10, 2018. On April 9, 2018 I brought my phones in to the Sprint store at 11950 NE Glisan St. in Portland (I wanted to make sure the company got my returned phone). They gave me a receipt. Three weeks later, I received a notice from Sprint saying I still owed them $282 for the phones I turned in. I looked for my receipt but I had lost it.

I went into the store and told them the situation. One of the employees remembered me coming in. I asked if he had a copy of the receipt on the company computer. They did not. They said they would look at the camera footage for the day I returned the phones and get back with me. I have since been in the store three times to remind them but no one has responded. I asked to talk to the manager and was told that was impossible. I have paid the $282 "bill" but basically, Sprint stole my two iPhones!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Imagine a company putting in place a policy that would hurt its customers and itself at the same time!!! That's right, Sprint did it. I am Sprint customer for a while, I have 4 lines with and 4 phones that I pay monthly. All my phones are locked to Sprint and that's fine, since I'm not planning (at least I wasn't) to change carrier. However, I'm going to travel abroad in two weeks, so I called them and asked to unlock one of my phones to use a local SIM card instead of paying for international roaming... and for my surprise I've been told that I have to pay my phone in full to Sprint unlock my phone!!!

What??? Really??? I'm planning to travel during the holidays in December with my whole family, so I'll have to pay all my phones before going to another country? That's such a ridiculous policy. When loyal customers need Sprint, the company does that? I'm shocked. Instead of making customers happy with customer service they are encouraging them to leave the company… and that's exactly what I'm going to do if I have to pay all my phones to be able to use abroad. Sprint is breaking the link with customers and making them unhappy at the same time!!! That's unbelievable... how any kind of business would implement such an idiot policy??? They definitely should be more confident in their company and services instead of being afraid of losing customers because they have unlocked phones!

Original review: June 13, 2018

This is my seventh phone with Sprint and all I do is have problems. The phone gets hot and it freezes up and corporate does not work with me anymore. Moreover, I paid $700 for a brand new phone. They keep sending me refurbished phones out and when I'm on Facebook I can't post a picture. You call Sprint 3 apologize, apologize they don't and then they say, "I know what you're going through." They don't know what people are going through. I cannot stand them. I asked him for upgrade and I'm not paying another $700 for a phone. I think they're ignorant. They're sick.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Sprint service was horrible, repeated dropped calls, always got complaints of people calling and my phone never ringing. It wasn’t until my daughter needed life threatening emergency medical attention and my phone call kept failing that I decided I needed to end my service and find a more reliable company. I spoke with a supervisor who agreed that I was receiving poor service and that he would wave the early termination fee.

Two years later I receive a collections notice stating I owe 371 dollars. Remind you I paid my remaining balance that I owed for my phone bill just not an early termination fee that the supervisor agreed I shouldn’t be obligated to. I didn’t agree to pay a bill that I received no service for. I'm looking for people who want to gather in numbers and take a stand against Sprint. If we come in numbers there should be enough petitions to have a valid claim in court. This is robbery false advertising and injustice. Please reply and we can take a stand!!! I will create an non personal email account and leave my email and with enough numbers to start the process.

Dear T,

Original review: June 12, 2018

Terrible service. Consistent dropped calls. Very expensive service. Paid for 2 lines double what some other carriers charge. Customer service agents are not very knowledgeable about their devices. The bill is also never correct if they send one at all! I requested a copy for several months and never received it obviously because it was a bill with an error on it hat and not been corrected. Don’t bother with Sprint. It is a very stressful case company to deal with.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced... Wasted 2 hours of my life trying to purchase a phone from their telesales group. After getting transferred 7 times and having to repeat my verification information 6 times I have given up -- screw you Sprint.

Dear William,

Original review: June 11, 2018

Upgraded my phones this month, was told at the store that everything will remain the same if I will buy 2 phones with a new line. I got the 2 new phones and the one line. Then seen my bill and its $50 more!!! Called the customer service and they said go back to the store and talk to them!!! Why I would do that and how come a customer is calling the company and the company will tell him to actually go back to the store and solve your problem!!! I'm a customer and I got scammed inside one of your stores!!! Will never recommend you to no one... and for sure I'm suing!!!

Dear Ali,

Original review: June 11, 2018

As a former Sprint customer my family and I would have stay with the company but after at least 8 years of service we felt that if other cellular companies were providing internet service while on a call Sprint should at least be competitive in that area. I feel that's a major fail. Internet coverage in this day and age should be one of the top features when searching for cellular service.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Buyer Beware. I switched from a long term customer from Verizon to Sprint Unlimited Plan 4 lines for $90 last June. My phones would not work with Sprint's service, so I had to leases new phones over 2 years. After one year my bill is being increased to $130.00 dollars a month twice what a new customer can get today. I was told the same thing below at the store as Allan Samson is saying today. "Once you're on the promotion there is no step up," Allan Samson, Sprint's senior vice president of acquisition marketing, says. "You get in during this limited time window, you are going to enjoy that rate for a very, very long time." His definition of very, very, long time is one year. I will be switching to Cricket as soon as I am out of my phone leases.

Sprint PCS Company Information