Sprint PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So glad I am no longer with this rude, lying cheating, company. I'm on hold now with someone from another country who's being rude to me for 26 mins by the way... I can laugh because this is no longer a problem I'll ever have again. Just like the commercial says "I HATE SPRINT" and I am happy with Metro PCS. Oh and I can use the phone and surf the internet at the same time HA! Somebody buy them out please because they suck!

I'd give it a quarter star if it were possible. Buyout offer has been a joke. If you put in a wrong number you can't correct it anyway and I've been calling customer service for two months and all I get is a runaround. Absolutely no help... besides the 30 minutes trying to get a real person... customer service sucks!!!

In November 2016 I called Sprint because of activity on my account that was not done by me. My account was compromised and 3 iPhone 7s were charged to my account. My account was shut down and I created a new account: log in, password and PIN #. I went to a Sprint store to upgrade my phone and was told that I could not upgrade because the 3 fraudulent phones that were ordered were still on my account. So I called the fraud division again at Sprint. On December 3, 2016 I went online to pay my bill and noticed a Visa card on my account that was not mine. I did a live chat with Sprint and they informed me to contact the fraud division. This is the 2nd time my account has been compromised. The only times I've given out my PIN # is for Sprint to access my account. No one else would know my log in, password or PIN # . I believe Sprint is compromising my account.

Anyone thinking to switch to Sprint, DON'T. Worst experience with a company ever. On top of the cell service being terrible, dropped calls, calls not connecting, "Roaming" on my STREET, and almost never having a data connection, I was on the phone with customer service about once a month. Customer Service tells you one thing, and the reps at the store tell you something completely different. Horrible. Within 1% of Verizon? NOT. Unless I live in the 1%.

I was on the website. Had a good deal in my cart, was also chatting with an agent when all of a sudden the site crashes. I restart my computer and go back to website only to see that it undergoing maintenance and my cart was empty. Decided to chat with an agent to try to get back what I thought was a good deal but they were no help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

I recently switched from Sprint to Cricket Wireless and immediately noticed a big difference! Cricket Wireless is awesome! I had Sprint, which they claim to be within 1% of Verizon and AT&T. But I had terrible service in my house and in my yard and I live in Los Angles, near Monterey Park. Before switching I called Sprint, who I have been with for over 10 years, to see what kind of a deal I could get. Thinking I've been with them from a long time, maybe they could put me in a nice plan. NO, they wouldn't!

First off in 2011 I was paying $60 for their everything plan, which now (2016) I was paying $97 for the same plan. Sprint said I could go to their $60 plan, plus taxes, and get 3gb of data with unlimited talk/text. I told them that is a horrible deal and I'm not stupid to sign a contract to go into that plan. So I told them I was switching to cricket, thinking that might work, but no. I called back the next day to Sprint's Executive line and talked with them about me going to switch. The lady told me that Sprint has way better service than Cricket. I told her Sprint service is about as good as stepping in a steaming hot pile of CRAP! So I told Sprint, "See you later and thank you for the customer loyalty experience."

Sprint's service was terrible when I would travel from LA to Vegas or when I traveled from LA to Oakhurst (north of Fresno). In fact in Oakhurst I had spotty service and in Yosemite I had ZERO service. While driving to those areas, Sprint service was spotty, couldn't keep my connection with Pandora music, no texting and no calling, and not even with 1 bar of service.

The majority of the time I would have 1x as service, which should just read "NO Service"! Sprint would go from a decent LTE service right to a slow as a turtle 3G, with no 4G service at all or 1x, which like I said should say no service. Also the majority of the time, Sprint service would be no more than 1 or 2 bars, which I told them and their answer was it was my phone. So I got a replacement iPhone 6 Plus, and guess what, it was not my phone. Don't hesitate to switch to another service and don't let Sprint convince you to stay. Run away from Sprint and don't look back. I only Sprint 2 stars because they USED to be good.

I have been a customer of Sprint for over 12 years and this is what my loyalty got me. My son went to return his Note 7, for the replacement. He was told they wouldn't have anymore for about 3 weeks, but to call every day at 10 to make sure. I called Sprint and they sent me a new phone within 4 days (How wonderful)... All I had to do was return the recalled phone. They would send out the return package today. Wow that was easy, or so we thought. During the process of waiting for the package the new phone got recalled as well and that's where the nightmare begins. We could no longer send it back in the bag, but we had to send it back in a box they would mail us... No problem... The 1st box came with no shipping label. A 30 min call to Sprint and a promise to send out another box was made. We requested just a shipping label, they can't do that, just wait a little bit.

Well after a few weeks and no box, we called again. 72 min on the phone another promise to send out 2 boxes for both phones, but give it 2 weeks because Samsung has to send out the boxes now. 2 weeks went by and no boxes, he calls again. Please wait another week. My son waits 2 another weeks, a total of 2 months, 3 questions on why can't he return the phones to the store with the answer of they can't track them properly, and now a pleading authorized user of the account (my son) asking me to call. 1st call 40 min telling my issue, only for her to say "oh I see that in the notes. Let me connect you to another dept." It was CLOSED.

Went online. Put in a request for a returned call with my #. I got the call today. 28 min on the phone and a list of things he will get if gets a Galaxy 7... He wants a Note, even if he has to wait for the 8. Samsung will give us 100 off our bill. Another 38 min phone call, now we're told we can and always could take it back to the store so I ask what Sprint is going to do. I'm told Samsung is doing enough... Yes, they are taking responsibility for their part. What responsibility is Sprint taking for their part in what they have done to a valued customer of over 12 years? They can take $5 off the bill. REALLY??? A not so satisfied customer of Sprint. As soon as the 5 contracts are up BYE BYE SPRINT.

I've been trying to upgrade now for 3 days and not one person over the phone can give me the same promotions as advertised online. I've been hung up on twice, after being told I was being placed on hold. I was just going to assume and go to Best Buy and get the phone at a promotion of 30.00 dollars out the door vs buying it from the company itself at $100.00 + taxes and shipping which bought it to 142.**. Then I realized I only had a few more hundred dollars to pay off our current lines so needless to say I'm moving back to AT&T. I would advise anyone that is thinking about bringing their business to Sprint to keep it where you're at or if new service don't give these thieves anymore of our money.

Over 8 yrs spent with AT&T previously and I only moved to these crooks to save on bills and it turned out to be more expensive and horrible service. I don't understand how a company that advertises they have such great service and speeds and network coverage has the worst customer care imaginable. They should spend less money on trying to buy gimmicks like the old Verizon man and spend that money on upgrading their network and customer care. Then they have the audacity to send me a text to rate their service and customer care experience and ask if I would recommend them to family and friends. Of course that's a big no.

I was a Sprint customer for a couple of years, because this was the only service I could afford. While I found my monthly bill rising, my service was still crap. So I told them to shut down my account. I was threatened with the fees that would be charged and that I should really consider my options. I said shut her down. Well, I received a HUGE bill for stopping my account. At the time I received the bill, my husband and I split up, and I was left a single mother (I know not an excuse). I asked Sprint to please work with me and was told that their hands were tied. At this point I was done and told them that it could just sit on my credit then.

Fast forward a few months... I get phones calls all hours of the day, usually they just hang up on me and wait for me to call back, but tonight this man decided to take it further and accuse me of lying about my situation. Telling me that he was tired of having my account on his desk, and that I needed to make a good faith payment now. I told him that I am in the exact same situation, I'm still a single mom on a less than poverish income. He listed my reasons I gave the last lady I had spoken with and kind of chuckled at me, saying that at some point I needed to get my life together and pay my bills.

I at this point became angry and told him that he could feel free to contact my lawyer from now on, but that any further contact to my phone would be treated as harassment. HE LAUGHED AT ME!!! I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH SPRINT AGAIN... And they can hold their breath and wait for the payment. Shove that 530$ where only God can see...

Ordered my new phone on Black Friday. Was suppose to be overnight shipping. On Sunday I got an notification saying it's finally shipped via UPS ground. It's now Wednesday and I'm leaving the country tomorrow. Every time I call sprint I have to wait upwards of 30-45 minutes before they answer. No one can help me and they keep lying that I will have it today. On top of that UPS tracking is showing out for delivery but when I called they said that the phone is in transit and will be delivered tomorrow. I have been a Sprint customer for 17 years. Once my contract is up, I'm cancelling. Sprint you just lost my business and 5 other lines. Not like you care, but you suck and my voice has not been heard. They won't even provide any credits for their screw up.

I been a customer for over 15 years and I regret it. I stopped by the store today because they been charging me $13 a line for insurance that I never signed up for. In addition when I upgraded six month ago they gave me a free tablet just to find out that they charge a $10 a month service fee. When I asked to get credit back for all the unauthorized fees they said that they can only do the current month and that if I wanted to return the tablet I had to pay $250. Why, they are thieves and they remind me of Wells Fargo when they were opening account for customer without their approval. I think Sprint should be sued and they need to stop misleading customers. I am furious and don't know what to do because their customer service sucks and takes hours to get someone to help you and usually he is helpless if he transfer you to someone just to get disconnected. Can anyone help?

I just bought two brand-new Galaxy S7 from Sprint, and then I found out that they took out major features like video calling among other things and charge me full market value for the phones. The phone should be cheaper since they don't have full capabilities. Every Samsung phone comes with video calling (NOT WITH SPRINT THEY REMOVE IT). When I called and tried to complain they didn't care. They didn't have anything to say. They just told me that their network can't handle it so they're not within 1% of the other networks. Their network is terrible. It can't even handle video calling which every other network has. They didn't even offer anything to make it right.

I have had a problem with a replacement phone sent to me in JANUARY 2016. The phone would not charge. SPRINT referred me back to ASURION (insurance company). I was told it was the charger and given no assistance or alternative. Several calls later, NOTHING. On 11/18/2016, the phone (which would only charge on ultra power save mode after HOURS on a charger. I purchased at least 6, including a Samsung wireless charger), the phone screen went black and it never charged again. In store, at 10 am when they opened, I was told that the phone had a KNOWN BATTERY ISSUE, A MANUFACTURER DEFECT that was why they stopped making that model (Samsung S6 Edge). After store reps, though semi-pleasant were giving me the run around and telling me I'd have to PAY FOR A NEW PHONE if I didn't want another refurbished phone. Though the phone was no longer being made.

I called customer care in store (as I had no phone) and spoke with someone who was very UNHELPFUL. I asked her for about 35 minutes to transfer me to a supervisor. FINALLY, one comes to the phone and repeats the foolishness stated by the rep. Said she could not help me unless I paid $168 for the remainder of my lease, plus $210 to pay for the phone because it was not working, PLUS whatever damage fee and then, RETURN THE PHONE. She insisted there was no way to help me without paying the fees. Her tone quickly changed when I asked her totally the cancellation fees because I'd rather find a new company than be taken advantage of over a phone that should have been RECALLED or replaced with a similar item at COMPANY COST. I was told she did not have that information but would help me by giving me options so that I didn't cancel my service.

I told her that her help was no longer needed as she was ADAMANT about NOT HELPING ME, then miraculously having "OPTIONS" when I try to rid myself of a headache called SPRINT CUSTOMER CARE. Instead of transferring me to the cancellation dept., she utters what sounded like witch with a B and put me back to the main menu. On hold again for minutes. The in store reps (who also were frustrated speaking to her) ALLEGEDLY ordered me a replacement phone (the same DEFECTIVE MODEL). I was told they would force an upgrade for my troubles because I complained about them giving me a phone with a known DEFECT. The phone came past the 3 days. I went in store again to complain because customer care and another store didn't see an order for the phone.

Now, Tuesday 11/22, there is still no phone. 11/23, I go back to the store. The REPLACEMENT device I complained about WOULD NOT CHARGE. I was given a "loaner phone" that freezes and is incomparable to the phone I pay monthly for. Today NOVEMBER 30, 2016, I still don't have MY PHONE. I attempted to call customer care about a bill adjustment and an upgraded phone and was poorly assisted by a rep who left me on hold for over 30 minutes before I hung up.

I AM DISGUSTED WITH SPRINT and its INCOMPETENT customer service. This incident along with a two year long missing work discount that was never applied, a call I was supposed to receive from a supervisor MONTHS ago about that incident, and an iPad I requested be taken off my account that I was forced to pay months for because the rep did not remove the iPad as I requested. I do not know why I have stayed with this company for 15 YEARS. I guess it is time to go. Two weeks without a device and I'm expected to pay a full bill.

I am VERY UNHAPPY right now. I would NOT RECOMMEND SPRINT to ANYONE based on (lack of) customer service and the quality of the phones, new and refurbished. Overseas reps need better training. No one that I spoke to understood my issue which further aggravated an already upsetting situation. -10 stars if I could. DISGUSTED, FRUSTRATED, FED UP.

I spend 6, yes 6 hours at a Sprint store in Salem to get my mom a new cell phone for her birthday. (Their computers were having issues) Just how a 70-year-old wants to spend her birthday. 1 week later we get a bill which is at least $120.00 over and I spend an hour in the Sprint store while they work to get "extra phones" off my mom's bill. Today mom receives a notice she is past due even though I paid all of the startup costs and while in the store a week later paid the amount for the 1st bill less what you told me would be corrected. After work today I called Sprint customer care and was advised they were putting me on hold and would get it taken care of and 15 minutes later a different department came on the line like they had no idea why I was calling. That department took my complaint, again, and advised me they were working on it and took my number and said they would call me back in a few minutes, what a surprise that no callback happened.

They keep lying to people making false promises! I called them a bunch of times. Not only did I have to wait over 2 hours to get a hold of a human being's voice, but I was told that my monthly bill would be $60 and they never changed my plan. Even though my contract is over. I want to cancel my service with these people but they keep making excuses and won't do it. I really dislike them and I regret the day I decided to go with them. Worst decision of my life. I guess you get what you pay for. Although AT&T is more costly, they have a way better service overall. Their Customer Service deserves an A+.

Horrible customer service. Was on the phone over 2 hours until I finally got to speak to someone. Employees not competent, call backs never happen. They might have a customer increase for now but wait until their contract is over. Stock will go down again. I canceled my service which took me the whole afternoon.

For Christmas I promised my 2 kids a phone upgrade (iPhone 7). Ever since the beginning of November, I have been checking Sprint's website for iPhone 7 specials. My plan was to take advantage of one of Sprint's Black Friday deals however; none of the deals involved the iPhone 7. I then decided to wait to see what good deals Sprint would have on Cyber Monday. On Cyber Monday, I received a text at 10:22 am from Sprint saying that my email address was successfully updated. Well there is one problem. I didn't update my email address. I hadn't even been on my account. After receiving that text, I decided to log onto Sprint.com to check my email address and surprisingly it was the correct email address. I almost dismissed the text in my mind until I remembered to check to see if Sprint had any Cyber Monday deals.

I then clicked the phones link and proceeded to click on the phone that I was interested in upgrading only to find that the link was grayed out on the two lines that were eligible for upgrade. One of the lines said upgrade pending. I was immediately alarmed and I called Sprint's Customer Service. I explained to the rep what was going on with my account and the first thing she suggest that maybe my kids did it!!! Well my kids are 11 and 15 and at the time of the alert they were in school. Not to mention they knew that they were getting an upgrade for Christmas. More importantly 3 iPhones were added to my account and shipped them to New York (how that happened is beyond me. I only had 2 lines eligible for upgrade but they allowed someone to add an alternate address to my account and ship more phones than I have lines on my account??? This was an INSIDE JOB MEANING SOMEONE WITHIN Sprint).

I am pretty sure that my children wouldn't do anything like that. After being on the phone with Sprint for over 3 hours (3 departments including the fraud department) (I was at work) I finally got some resolution to the situation. After work, I went home and decided to log onto my Sprint account just to make sure everything was okay. That is when I noticed another line on my account grayed out??? I decided to go in the Sprint store to speak to a professional and also hoping that they could tell me more about my account in person. Well that turned into an hour + visit. The rep (very nice) had to call in to Sprint. Just like the customers I was reassured that everything would be fixed blah blah blah.

Well the next day (today, November 29, 2016), I sign into my account and noticed that a new line had been added to my account. WHAT??? Then my bill was 2939.91??? Really??? I just don't understand how this transaction wasn't flagged!! Someone changed my email information and added an alternate address. Jowever, I was unable to see it on my end. Smells fishy to me!!! Now this part sealed the deal for me. The 2 lines that my 2 kids have the legitimate lines well they were canceled!!! WHAT??? I just spent another 2 hours and 30 minutes on the phone with Sprint trying to clear this up (while at work)!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Issues: none of the customer service reps knows the number to corporate (lies). If I am a customer and I don't like what's going on pass my case to someone higher up customer service. Nobody can do anything - transferred from department to department/wait time/hold time. I feel like I should take advantage of Verizon's deals right now. I can't be compensated for the time that I put in trying to resolve this matter!!! This is ridiculous!! I am very disappointed and I pray that my kids don't have an emergency while Sprint fixes the mistakes it made!!! I have proof of everything that I am saying. I took screenshots of my phone and anything else that I stated in this statement. #readytopartways #willreposttowarnothers

I am posting this to warn people. After my first year contract was completed, I got a call from Sprint offering me a free tablet as a gift for "prompt payment." I am a senior on a fixed income and I explained to the telemarketer that I could not afford any more fees, especially since the original contract ended up costing one third more than I requested. She assured me there would be no payment asked, not even shipping. The next day I received an email thanking me for my "order." I called in and was told I had purchased a "tablet line." I told them I did no such thing in fact quite the opposite. The customer service representative said she would send out a return packaging and remove all charges. UPS would not take the box back unopened and insisted I needed return packaging.

I called again and another customer service agent promised a return package and assured me there would be no charges since I was tricked. I mailed the tablet back and a few days later my phone service was suspended because I was over my spending limit. You guessed it - I owed them three hundred dollars - $100 for one month of tablet service and $200 for canceling the tablet service before the two year contract was up. So I tried to cancel my entire account and they would not let me. In other words, the customer service representative refused to accept my cancellation request. Can someone tell me how to cancel my service with Sprint? The worst cellphone company EVER. I wish I could give them no stars.

I became a Sprint customer after years with Verizon due to "perks and incentives" Verizon did not offer at the time. However, from the get go I got the run around as far as what my bill would be as opposed to what it actually was! Upon calling customer service, I spent hours on the phone with little to no resolution, thus causing my phone to be shut off and my bill to keep adding up. I changed my password and could not remember it. I called customer service and they factory reset my phone. Not something unusual, however, they did not inform me of Google's new security policy and I ended up locked out of my phone indefinitely with the only option being to send my phone to Samsung to get it unlocked. In order to do so, I needed the proof of purchase, the store in which it was purchased at, and to get sent a shipping label upon getting all that info in order to even send it out.

They advised me that the process would take a couple weeks. I did not get the phone locally and to go to the store to obtain this information is very difficult due to my hectic life. Therefore, I called and spoke to someone about putting my phone on a temporary suspension until I was ready to retrieve all they needed to fix my phone. They agreed they would value my request and I would have a few months without paying for the other line, just the phone.

My next bill reflected that the suspension was never in place so I called again, this time asking for management. "Managment" assured me this time it would be placed on suspension. Well, again, I received my bill to find charges for my line! I decided to chat with them about it this time so that the conversation would be sent to my email in case they did not do as I asked yet again. Well, of course, the suspension was honored, however, at this point my bill was so high I couldn't afford the total amount and kept paying minimums to keep the other line going. I have asked for them to deduct a month or so for the line that was suppose to be suspended however to no avail would they. Now I am paying for a line and two phones and neither are in working order.

I was paying about $190.00 a month with Verizon for 3 lines and decided I wanted a cheaper bill for more, so I signed with Sprint. In the store, the sales lady told me for the unlimited plan for 3 lines my bill will be right around $175.00 a month w/ auto pay. Here I am a week later and got my first bill for over $300.00. They lie right to your face and sell you a dream. Luckily I have 14 days to cancel if I am not happy which I am not. We will be switching back to Verizon tomorrow morning. I told the clerk to give it to me straight and include all the hidden fees etc. and she said that was it! I knew it was too good to be true!

I called Sprint sales to explore signing up for service. When I called the sales department I was very discouraged. I never got the same answer to my questions. I called three times with every sales person giving me a different answer but with the promise of a great deal! I never knew how much my bill would be after talking to the sales department. I believe the whole sales department is out of the US. I asked where the headquarters is located. The salesperson said that she did not know. I wanted to e-mail the company to explain my experience but there is no e-mail address available. I will not use SPRINT! I will not use Sprint.

I pay $277 for a monthly family plan for three people. I am told my monthly plan is $168 but each month my bill increases. They leave off the phone leases and ALL the fees. I am unhappy because when I call and when I chat I get agents that don't try to do anything to fix this. If I want to opt out of Sprint I need to pay $1551.00. What kind of place is this? I have been a loyal customer for 20 years. Sprint has really changed. Salespeople in stores seem very hungry for business and will tell you anything to get you to lease any new equipment.

The reps gave misinformation on what the smartphone could do. The phone malfunctioned and 9X I returned and they replaced it. 9X! Much of the problem was user error, I admit, but why couldn't they figure that out? Well, after 9 replacements they offered an alternative device and gave me a spec sheet to show the equality and then assured this was a better device. It didn't take me 15 minutes to figure out they gave me a downgrade rather than upgraded device. I asked for the manager and he said: "You were told it was a device downgrade." Seriously! You think I would accept a downgrade? NO! I did not.

I rode out the remaining 13 months of my contract and switched to a home phone because I was now burned out on cellphones! I did not retain receipts, paperwork, or the device as I was so done with Sprint and everything about them. Telephone customer service was worse because the call center was offshore and the reps were unintelligible.

I was a Sprint customer for many years and due to their political beliefs, I wanted change to Verizon. I owed money on the leased phone which I paid and asked them to unlock the phone so I could be ported to Verizon. I was told that I would have to wait for the next bill to come before they could do something for me. I am a senior citizen with health problems and need to have a phone. When I was on the phone trying to straighten this out the customer service people hung up on me 4 times, left me on hold for 45 minutes. I would never recommend Sprint-Nextel.

Sprint's internet speeds were horrible. I couldn't even connect in certain spots, and most of the time I couldn't even get 3G speeds. The calls were full of static and it was overall bad service, so I moved cell phone companies. After that I kept getting final bills that didn't add up. They would not stop billing me! Spoke with a lady on November 14, 2016 who promised that if I paid the $184, that would be my full and final payment. Then, I get another bill. I call and the lady would not let me speak to a supervisor. She looked in the record and said that the girl made a note but didn't write that she told me the bill was final. The calls are recorded. They have record of this and refused to do anything about it. Once you're with Sprint, you will NEVER get rid of them when you find out you're paying for the worst service. Select wisely!

The service/connection I receive with Sprint is ok, signal is not great. I was quoted a price and started paying that price for my service @ $89. All of a sudden it goes up to $105. I was told it was a misquote... the $89. Now that it's been over a month and I cannot cancel the contract anymore I am stuck... beware.

I replaced a Verizon plan with Sprint PCS, but adding that line to my existing Framily plan that had 2 other phones. My initial call was to just add a phone to the existing Framily plan. The first time I called the woman gave me 2 options. One was pricing to join the Framily plan at $40 per month and the other was to set up a separate plant under a 50% off competitor rate deal. The 50% deal sounded great and then I realized I had to still wait a week until my contract expired with Verizon. So, she kindly offered to call me back 2 days after that date when she was working. I had some time before that schedule call, so I called Sprint customer service and got someone else.

When they reviewed the plans, he mentioned a $25/mo line access charge that the first person did not mention. I therefore decided to stay at Verizon. 2 days later the first rep calls me and I told her she did not tell me about the $25 charge. She said that was wrong and I would not have the charge. I went through all the costs in detail with her and she confirmed everything, so I went ahead with moving. I got my new phone, easily set it up and then went about selling my old Verizon phone.

A week later, I log on to Sprint.com to check my plan and there is the extra $25/mo charge. I call Sprint and get Diane from Oregon. She was very helpful, I could understand her, and she said that indeed the rep was incorrect, but they were prepared to offer some things to make up for it. She said she could move me out of the Framily plan and put all 3 lines on a 40GB shared plan for $120/mo. That really didn't solve the extra cost problem. She said you could add lines to that plan and still cost $120/mo. I had another daughter on Boost, so I could move her over at the same $120, but there is the phone cost issue.

I asked if they could trade her Boost iPhone 6 for a Sprint iPhone 6, and she said no, they are not offering the iPhone 6 anymore, but iPhone 6S would cost $199 if I signed a 24 contract. I said that won't work. I want everything to be cost neutral from the original deal that the first rep misquoted. I went through all this time and don't want to be charge an extra $600 over 2 yrs for their mistake. So she said she will give a $100 credit. I agreed figuring it is worth a $100 for a newer model with more storage. She set up the new plan and said I have to go online and pick the phone color etc.

2 hours later I am online with my daughter picking the phone and find that in addition to the $199, there is a $23 per month charge for the phone. Ughhh. I call, get someone I can't understand and spend 10 minutes describing my ordeal and tell him to get me a manager. He transfers me back to the original department and after 20 min on hold, I hang up because I need to get to bed. So, I have to call back tomorrow, go through the whole explanation again and try to get what they quoted me. This is extremely frustrating and time consuming. Not sure how these reps are trained, but they are not informing customers of all the costs. It's not just the extra government fees which I know they do not tell you about, it is real, significant charges they are omitting. My advice, don't go with Sprint. Go with a prepaid plan where the plans are easier to understand.

Calls go to voice mail, they show I have excellent coverage yet I only have 1-2 bars and receiving calls is spotty. Try to google simple topics and it just spins. Can't download a simple app. CAN'T use data function, email, while talking on the phone. It's disabled. The commercial is a SCAM. It says it's within 1% of Verizon. NOT TRUE.

I have been with Sprint for over a year and did not have a problem with them until just recently. I upgraded my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7 and in the process had a balance of $397 for the remainder of the iPhone 6; which would be waived once the phone was received. I spoke with a representative on 11/10 to pay for only my phone service bill, then I was assured that my card would not be charged again this month even with the outstanding balance for the iPhone 6 nor would I see late charges on the account and I could simply send the phone back and it would be waived. Then I realized my card was charged once again on 11/18 (which I was assured would not happen). I then started to speak with a representative named Elle to get this resolved and she was sticking to the script; restating herself on why there is a balance (which I knew).

All I wanted was a refund from the charge on 11/18 which I stated from the beginning. After restating that desire multiple times I was told they would back out the payment so I can get it returned and she transferred me to the Finance department. I then spoke with a lady named Janna in Finance who told me that since the payment was not made today 11/21 she could not back out the payment, since that can only be done on the same day and I would need to contact my bank. So not only did I spend about an hour on 11/10 making sure this did not happen. I spent over another hour with Sprint trying to fix it today and now I am told my bank has to fix it.

Since I have been with Sprint for over a year, and I liked them other than this incident, I let the rep know I would stay with them if I could take my card off auto bill and not be charged the monthly fee for not being on auto bill, since I wanted to control what is taken out of my account to assure an error like this does not happen again. The representative then told me I would have to contact another department (which I would most likely have to deal with for another hour). All I wanted was to get the monthly fee waived and I would have been fine, but instead I got poor customer service.

Sprint must not care about simple customer service; they make it impossible to have a simple request approved by one person. Sprint decides to make it impossible to change anything unless you are available all day (which no person is; which is probably how they retain their customers). Luckily we now live in the age where many other companies will buy our remaining contracts and set you up right away. I would gladly pay more a month than pay a company with poor customer service and honestly not the best coverage. I do not recommend going with Sprint.

In July 2015 my son and I leased 2 phones from Sprint. In August this year, my LG G4 stopped working. I called Sprint and was told the phone had crashed because of an update and to bring the phone in to be fixed. I brought it in to the local store and was told that it could not be fixed. I made 2 appointments with their customer representatives to have discuss what could be done with my phone (I didn't buy insurance but then again, I didn't break the phone). Customer service told me to bring the phone to the store where I started my lease and they would take the phone back and give me a replacement. I went to the store and they said they couldn't replace my phone because... it was used. So I asked if they had a loaner phone, they didn't. I asked if I could buy a new phone, they said "yes, but first you have to pay off the lease on the broken phone and sign a new lease."

Now I may be wrong but if you lease something and it breaks because of the company's error, why are you penalized? I asked this of the store manager and he said, "that's how it works here." So I said "what is my option?" He said "I take your phone and if they can fix it you'll probably have it back in 2 weeks. If they can't fix it then you'll have to pay it off and get a new phone." So, I was going to keep paying for a phone that didn't work and have no phone... Seemed like a no win situation, I went to another carrier. I bought a phone and started my service. I went back to Sprint and said "let me know what I have to pay on this so I can get out of this situation." The manager said, "I can't help you, you ported to another company."

Ok, so that was September 6th, it's now November 18th, I've tried to return this phone (and now my son's phone too). I have tried to return it to the stores, I have called and requested return kits for 3 months. I have pleaded with them to help me resolve this issue. Yesterday I got a letter from the collection agency for my Sprint bill. I called and explained the situation to them, they said they would buy my son's phone back for $200 but the LG G4, they don't want that one, the records show it's broken! So today, I called Sprint again, the third time this month alone, begging them to end my misery and send me the return kit. I also asked for an itemized bill so that I could see what exactly I owe them. My bet, I get the bill long before I get the return kit. So, if you want a phone company that says they can hear you now, but really doesn't want to hear anything you say... join Sprint. Otherwise, go to Metro PCS.

Sprint PCS Company Profile