Sprint PCS
Sprint PCS
1.42/5

Sprint PCS Reviews

5619 Sprint PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I switched to Sprint in July 2018 and was promised good service and data connection along with reassurance that their Magic Box would boost data speeds if I had a problem. Well after months of Sprint checking and their tech support checking the service provided has not improved and the last response from the supervisor was OH WELL too bad you are stuck with our poor service. I realize this has gone beyond their 14 day return policy and that is my bad for allowing them time to correct the problem. The only reason the rating has 1 star is I could not rate them any lower.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have been a customer of Sprint for 21 years. You'd think that would count for something in regards to customer satisfaction and service. You'd be wrong. Every few months, it seemed, my bill for two lines would increase and they would change my plan. I'd call their customer service line and have a very long conversation with someone on the other side of the world and things would return, almost, to the way they were. This last time my bill jumped from around $160 to fluctuating between $190 and $240. That's when I switched to T-Mobile. Now I pay $117 for two brand new iPhones. That's it. And the price will never change. (Actually it will go down when I pay off my iPhone. Then it will be $80 a month. Can't beat that!)

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was told I would have service in the areas I was going to travel. First trip...no service about 80% of the time. I have intermittent to 0% service at my home. I have complained for 6 months and they keep telling about a contract that I signed. I think this contract says they will do something like provide me service. I have spent probably 2 hours a week trying to resolve this. They promise callbacks. That never happens or it is days late. They promised a "magic box" that would solve my problems at home. After 2 months still have not received it. I believe they just hope I will go away. I have tried to be courteous and even that does not pay off. Stay away at all costs!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have been with Sprint since 2013. Haven't had not huge issues until 2 yrs ago. Leases new phones, quote cheaper rate, free tablet, all a lie! In September they were working on towers in service for 5 days. Was in phone for 2 hrs. They were to get back to me... nope no call... no adjustment. Called today to update CC and asked about that also. 5 dollars for 2 phones 1 tablet... I have not been lied to not just once but 4x as a company. You need to remember your customers in every lie you make from the selling of phones to CSR. Run. Don't go to Sprint. Who? I don't know. But honestly they have lost my respect and integrity. That something they need to find integrity!! *READ YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN. DON'T TAKE THEIR WORD FOR NOTHING. I WANT OUT AND CAN'T. *FYI I am up to date on my payments. *Valued customer my butt!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I've been with Sprint at least 4 years and hadn't had an issue until recently. So an extra amount was taken out of my account for the bill so I do the chat to see what happened. The agent apologized and credited my money back. All good so I thought. Then a few days later I get my "bill is past due" text so I call and explain everything and how my account is supposed past due the amount they credit back to me. After my conversation was told that my issue was fixed and not to worry. A few days after that I get a "your phone will be disconnected" text so I call in because I don't need my phone disconnected. Was told about my supposed past due balance and was asked to make a payment. I asked the agent to look at the notes on the account and she did. Was again apologized to and was told not to worry my phone wouldn't be disconnected.

That same night my phone was cut off. I hit the 24 hour chat when I get home from work at almost midnight and was asked yet again to make a payment. When asked to check the notes on the account agent apologized for my inconvenience yet again and my phone was turned back on and was told this issue was fixed but to my surprise I still have to deal with this issue almost three weeks later and was told my account was 28 days past due when my bill isn't due until the 21st. This whole thing has been a headache and I am about ready to switch services. I will be going on my off day to see who I should switch with. Customer services really needs an adjustment because this whole thing has been a nightmare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Please don't do Sprint. They are careless, thieves, unprofessional and rude. They ripped me off without apology. Poor service, and a ripoff. My experience with them is awful. They promised me things that they never actualized. Speaking to a supervisor is useless. After putting on hold for hours, you are never satisfied. They put me on an expensive plan that I did not ask for and shamelessly they could not put me back on my original plan. They were not authorized to upgrade my plan and even worse they disconnected my service with no authorization. Thieves, very bad and unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Well 13 months seems like a lifetime with Sprint. I have been insulted and treated like a child. I was told to shut up and listen when they were not able to answer my question. The story changes each time and I have tried 7 times this month to talk to someone that can understand my language (English). My bill has never been the price I was quoted and it continues to go up every month. This insanity has to stop. Anyone else that's been plagued by this same treatment should look here: LAWSUIT AGAINST SPRINT PCS **.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I cancelled my service with Sprint and paid off the remaining balance. I was told by the CSR that I would not receive another bill from Sprint. I did not receive another bill but 6 months later received a notice from a collections agency that I owe Sprint $190. After speaking to multiple representatives, who gave me different reasons for the charges, I was hung up on, transferred to the collection agency for an explanation of the charges and promised a call back within 24 hours from "upper management " after I requested corporate's phone number.

One of the supervisors explained to me that when I paid off the account it reactivated my daughter's phone which was not on my plan but was a $40 month to month without a contract. It kept accruing until the past due charges reached the maximum limit. She acknowledged that the phone showed no record of being used after I terminated service but there was nothing they could do about it. Basically, Sprint made an error, charged me for it and then refused to drop the charges. Calling customer service is a waste of time. They are the most incompetent customer service representatives I have ever dealt with. I spoke to Jenny in billing, Jurrise and supervisors Patricia and Charlie. Charlie actually hung up on my husband after he told her he was recording the call also.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Only 3 months into switching from T-Mobile, every bill I have to call and have adjusted because it is wrong. I have not been able to log on to my account and see any of my usage information, cannot get an answer as to when this will be fixed. I cannot sit in my car and talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time. So yes I pay for both services, but they cannot work simultaneously. I have spent no less than 5 hours on the phone with this company since switching trying to figure out issues... issues... issues. I will have full bars on my phone and get error messages that I do not have service. I screenshot this and show it to a rep in a store, he says, "It's fixed," nope. He just turned on wifi calling, which I did not ask for. Save yourself the headache, stay away from Sprint.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Monthly billing was submitted to Sprint in the wrong amount. It was one thousand over the actual amount. I have had to prove the wire transfer came from bank. In the last 24 hours I have talked with at least 6 customer service agents and three supervisors. Each one that I have spoken with has had their own revision as to how I would receive the return to the bank. Not one person has the same response. I would not do business with this company. This comes from a top sales performer for Sprint.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

So. I have been billed 25 dollar subsidized phone charge a year after it was supposed to be removed, totaling several hundred dollars now. I am extremely upset, and frankly intend to leave Sprint if this issue is not promptly resolved and never happens again. I spoke to someone when it was supposed to be removed, and supposedly they fixed it, but one year later and several hundred dollars later I still am paying your company, and frankly this feels like theft, like if you can't handle this, what else are you over billing me? Sprint makes me feel like they couldn’t care less about their long-term customers. I have been with you all forever, yet after this I don’t really think I have faith in you anymore. I mean, really? I pay almost twice what my friends who join Sprint pay, and then this. No. Furthermore, I just spoke to someone and they offered me a fifty dollar credit for hundreds in overcharges. This is crazy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We were in Greece on vacation and kept receiving calls on our Sprint mobiles displayed as coming from Romania, Poland, Croatia, UK, Germany, etc. I didn't answer them because I didn't know who they were coming from. Finally answered one and it was our doctor's office back home in Dallas, Texas. We started answering all the calls from European numbers and they were all from family or businesses back home in Dallas.

Called Sprint customer service several times, and the "offshore" customer service staff had difficulty understanding what I was describing. This seemed too complex for them to handle. Sprint customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. We travel to Greece yearly and stay a month, and previous years had used Verizon service and it worked fine, but was very expensive. I'm totally dissatisfied with Sprint and will terminate as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Switched to Sprint in September 2016 to save a bit on my bill and with four lines I originally was saving around $140 per month. BUT!!! Here’s where the real fun begins. Was signing with Sprint during a buy your contract promotion and was told I would be sent Visa Vouchers. 4 months later I was told I would not get the vouchers and everything would be taken care of up to $600 per line. I had already given my final Verizon bill to the location where I signed and assumed (I know, My fault) that everything had been taken care of. I then decide to purchase a home so I get a credit bureau pulled for pre-approval. And Boom, there is a $1200 Verizon Charge off. I go to the location where I signed with Sprint and it’s no longer in business.

I then go to another Sprint store and I’m told that location was not a corporate store so they had no access to my records from where I signed to explain why my contracts were not paid off. That was 5 weeks ago, so at least 10 phone calls and speaking with at least 2 to 3 reps with each call averaging 30 minutes or more (the longest was 90 mins) I have been told multiple times someone would contact me and take care of the problem and been promised everything from Visa Vouchers to Bill credit and got nothing. I call back and speak to a different foreign representative and get a different story every time with NO result. Take my word! STAY WITH VERIZON! I WAS WITH THEM FOR 14 YEARS AND EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NOT THE CHEAPEST THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

STAY AWAY! This is the worst company ever! I have been with them for 13 years and the last 6 months they could never get the bill correct. I had bills from $269 to $146 to $110 - it got kinda entertaining to see what they would send that month. Then I would have to call them every month, spend over an hour on the phone. Only if you threaten to leave do they do anything. The STRESS level is not worth anything in the world! I left to Verizon, the coverage is so much better and the Internet so much faster BUT guess what... I still got a bill and still have to fight. Sprint deserves everything that comes their way!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Ordered new service and five phones online from Sprint on Oct 3 2018. We go to the store to pick up phones only to find out nothing went through online. We placed service again online for the second time only to find out nothing once again went through... (keep in mind this was twice now that we ran our credit check). So then we called in to order the service and the phones. We were told that there was a charge for shipping the phones, when I stated that when ordering online the shipping was free or we could pick up at the store, I was told we couldn't pick up at the store and that he couldn't take off the shipping free even though we were told the online ordering wasn't working at this time. He did say for our trouble he would waive the activation fee for lines 3 thru 5.

Got our first bill and guess what... was charged activation fee for lines 3 thru 5 and the bill wasn't even added correctly. Called in they added the bill up three times themselves and we were told they couldn't get it to add up to the amount that the bill was saying due. They corrected that part, then transferred us over to have our phone conversation pulled that we were told lines 3 thru 5 would be waived. We got transferred asked for the call to be pulled and was told we needed to be transferred to customer service because they were the only ones able to credit our account for the activation fees...

We got to them and was told they could go ahead and credit it as 15 dollars activation fee for lines 3 thru 5 instead of the 30 dollars activation fee. What happened about being able to have the phone conversation pulled? I asked and was told that was all they could do for us. REALLY... so not only do they not know how to add a bill up correctly, you will be lied to as well to get you to sign up when you have to do it over the phone cause their website will not work to order.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

It's a really really bad service, I was a client for almost 10 years. I cancel the service on a day when my contract is done and even they charge me the $100 dollars for a next month. I talk with a lot a people and nobody help me. Worse cust. service.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for too long and tolerated Sprint's customer neglect, lies and inconsistencies. I got a bad deal and Sprint offered to upgrade my phones. I went to the store to pick out the phones, instead I ended up with some kinda package that contained a speaker system, screen protectors, cases and headphones EXCEPT... the store did not have the Beats headphones and told me to come back in a week. That was July, this is now October and I am making payments on items I never received.

I call and they will take a message to give to the store manager but he doesn't call. The assistant manager said she will investigate and call back but she didn't. The store manager said he will mail the headsets on a 2 day ship and it's been 3 wks. Nothing! My overall experience with Sprint has been a headache and Lord knows I have cancelled plenty of times and you guys bring me back with offers but the hectic experience is not even worth the little incentives given.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I ported my number from ATT to Sprint as per BYOD one year free promotion plan, I got $122 bill. I contacted customer service, they routed to different levels for almost 3 hours to change the plan. Finally they told me it will take 7 to 10 business days. I got a call from Sprint alerting system saying, "If you are not going to pay the bill your connection will be terminated within 48 hours." Ridiculous, worst service I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

This co is a rip off. Great salesmen and promo drop co. after 26 day. Was told a 30 trial but found out only 14 days. Try to resolve. Customer service sucks and hold 3 times over 1 hr. then found out they took over 650.00 out of my checking acct. without permission. Now I have to sue in small claims court. This co. should not be allowed to be in service 'cause it's the worst. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I just got done upgrading my daughter's phone and it took an hour and 45 minutes. First their computers took minutes to load. Second we had a new employee who didn't know what she was doing. She didn't know the passcodes and had to constantly ask how to do things. I will go to another Sprint store in the future because it took about 3 times as long as it should have.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We switched from AT&T to Sprint. HUGE mistake! They lied about what service we would get, the audio is horrendous. I have to use the speaker, headphones or hold the phone as close to my mouth as possible. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Company will try not to honor their 14 day money back guarantee, will say the merchandise was not returned, try to charge you astronomical fees. Customer is horrible, service coverage is horrible when maps show coverage in places that there is no service, will never recommend this cellular provider. Stay away. There are no deals here! Wouldn't even give a 1 star rating but had to chose something to submit review.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Sprint can manage to turn a simple request of unlocking an old iPhone into a 10 days nightmare. I recently switched to an iPhone X, with that I paid off the lease of my iPhone 8 Plus and paid the addition remaining fee to buy the phone. I first called Sprint on Oct 4th to unlock the iPhone 8 Plus, at the call I have provided the IMEI number to the agent. On the 7th, I followed up with Sprint, the agent told me they have unlocked my iPhone 6 that I have returned to Sprint couple years ago. So then they assure me they will complete the unlock of the right phone. Called them on the 8th, nothing happened so the agent created a new ticket to unlock the phone, on the 9th, I got an email from Sprint telling me that my iPhone X was unlocked. I called again telling the agent that the ticket was to unlock the iPhone 8 Plus. They continued to repeat the same mistakes day after day...

I called daily for the whole entire week following up, every time they said the wrong IMEI was used. I have been giving the IMEI number on every call. Almost every call this week, they would say last ticket was closed since they did unlock a phone and new ticket would get created, new ticket will take another 48 hours... What is wrong with this company, who is managing their Operation and services? Do they know how bad a shape it is? Do they ever track how many calls are “first time resolution”? Do they know their process actually close tickets that actually have not yet fulfilled customer’s requests? Do they have governances to manage such bad behaviors? Do they know measure how much those inefficiency have costed the company? I really hope Sprint’s leadership can wake up and look into some real actions to revive the incompetent operation services.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I opened an account with my own cell phones on 10/02/2018 when the store sales showed me the promotion for 3 lines for $90/m of unlimited plus plan. When I got a bill from Sprint of $255, I tried to close this account. It has been over a week that Sprint would not close the account, their customer service said I had to close at the store, while the store said I had to close it with customer service. Even if I was in the store with the clerk calling customer service together, the line is still not closed. Sprint has a 14 days try but it has never follows it. Sprint is the worst company I have ever seen. Do not use it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I asked for Sprint to unlocked my iPhone 7 Plus on October 3rd. I have the iPhone X and was giving my 7 Plus to a friend. It is now the 12th and I have been given the run around every day. I have called every single day. It is eligible for unlocking. Paid off. Not stolen. My current bill is up to date. They have been horrible and no help.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

In late February 2018 I began service with Sprint PCS. I live in a remote area and at the time their service coverage was excellent. It lasted 1 month. I had just signed a 24 month contract with them. At the end of March/beginning of April service became unacceptable. This is exactly the time that Sprint did their press release about the merger with T-Mobile. Suddenly, I had virtually no data service available where I live. For the last 6 months I have tried to get Sprint to resolve this issue. It is not resolved and they have not followed through with anything they said they were going to do. If you check their service map it still shows that my service area has excellent coverage. I assure you it does not! I believe that when they merged with T-Mobile, they canceled a tower contract that provided the earlier excellent service, though, I have not been able to get anyone to confirm it.

They have been zero help in getting this resolved and will not let me out of the contract. I have never done business with any company that has had this level of poor customer service. They just don't care. They tell me they will follow up and they don't. They say that they opened a support ticket but won't give you a ticket number so you can monitor the progress of the ticket. They said they would send me updates and they don't. I have not spoken to a single person at Sprint that has any sense of urgency. You cannot work with a specific support rep, so you have to explain the issue over and over again every time you call, or go into a store. The store employees say that there is nothing that they can do to help. They can just report the problem. You cannot speak to anyone that can help, which is the whole issue, no one will own the resolution process.

Therefore, there is no resolution. Since I can't get out of the contract for less than $1000 and I cannot get the service I pay for every month (on time by the way), I feel that their unethical practices are affecting other consumers as well. I have been using wireless since the mid 90s and have been with several carriers and I have never been treated worst by a company. They say, "sign here" and you are stuck. I looked up and read the contract and the contract basically states that Sprint does not guaranty quality service and there is no consumer bill of rights. Basically they have no liability but you are contractually obligated to pay for services that are not being provided until the end of the contract. I will never do business with this company again and I will never recommend them to anyone I know. How companies can stay in business and treat their customers the way they do is morally criminal in my book!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was a loyal Sprint customer for almost 20 years. Was always happy until a year ago. Two years prior a rep talked me into doing the phone rental plan. Told me after 2 years it would be paid off & be my phone. I even paid for insurance. First, my phone had problems and the insurance wouldn’t cover my phone because I tried fixing it myself. BUT it was 3 years later they said my phone wasn’t paid off. Said I could pay $100 to return the broken phone or $100 to keep it. I tried talking to many customer service reps but they wouldn’t budge. I spent over $1000 in 3 years for that phone & even after almost 2 decades of loyalty and always paying on time, they refused to budge. I will NEVER suggest this company & will NEVER return.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My partner and I signed up for their Senior Plan. We were told by their lying sales rep that for $70 a month we would get 2 lines and 2 free phones. Sprint's "Best Deal Ever" is a sham. They are liars, have deceptive sales practices, over bill customers, and most of their customer service reps can't answer a simple question. They are actually charging us $7.99 a month because I refuse to use sign up for auto-pay. Why would I when for the past two months they overcharge me for bogus charges. They gave me several credits last month after I sent a 4 page letter to their corporate office, then put the same charges plus other charges on this month's bill. I am cancelling this agreement before the end of this month and going back to Straight Talk. At least I know for a fact that I will only pay Straight Talk $48.30 a month - every month. No more lies, deception, and fake charges.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I just called to cancel my service with Sprint. They have me on hold for a half hour and counting as of this writing. Is this to tire me out so I eventually hang up? I don't. The problem is I already signed up with Verizon and can't use my phone until Sprint unlocks it. I don't have a phone until they decide they can help me out. Ok they just got back to me and I had to restate that I wanted to cancel because "their policy is to keep customers". I told the rep that if he wanted me to refrain from telling everyone and his brother to avoid Sprint he would cancel my service. They kept me on hold for another 10 minutes and now they are trying to sell me again. I told them they couldn't pay me to stay with Sprint and now they are finally doing what I ask. I do however have no faith that this will work after this experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Do not use Sprint. They have lied and deceived us for the past three months. We have been told in store, over the phone, and via email that our problem with billing has been resolved only to get a bill the next month with an unresolved bill. When I try to present the confirmation they tell me it cannot be verified despite the fact that it came from their customer services reps.

Sprint PCS Company Information