2.86/5
Based on 3,316 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

6065 Sprint Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

Original review: June 26, 2019

They keep trying to sneak services (and fees) that I did not ordered. Need to keep calling them to straighten my account and services often. And every time I'm on the phone with them, there is an attempt to add more service lines to my account (which I DID NOT order!). Now that I do want to add a premium ID service to an existing line, they keep cancelling it. Frustrating! They don't listen. They only want to add services and fees at their own discretion. Without regard for what I'm asking for.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Sprint since 2017, and over the past 9 months I have been struggling with them about fraudulent flex agreements that they have been charging me for that I never authorized or agreed to. Communications with customer service resulted in a promised refund of my money and cancellation of these leases. Unfortunately corporate cancelled the negotiated settlement and insists that I created these leases even though I provided them with information to the contrary. I have filed complaints with the FCC, FTC, and the Nevada State Attorney's office to no avail. I am now seeking assistance from other consumers who have experienced issues with Sprint on fraudulent leases in order to file a class action lawsuit. I even submitted a letter to the CEO of Sprint and never received a reply. They have treated me dishonestly and harmfully discredited my character and credibility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: June 24, 2019

When I switched over from Verizon I was promised my bill would be a certain amount and all my lines would transfer over with no problems. I have had to spend hours on the phone and at the store working on transferring the lines and getting my bill where they said it was going to be. They fix it for a month then next month I have to call and get it back to where they promised. It has been going on like this for almost six months! The service is horrible too! I can barely call anyone from my own home! I would not recommend Sprint to anyone!

Original review: June 24, 2019

I’ve had so many problems over the years with my bad phone service and now I have a huge issue with the fraudulent billing department. I moved from New York to Connecticut 4 years ago. I have just really studied my phone bill and they have been charging me for over 2 years for Bronx tax, New York tax, and Connecticut tax. That’s over $300 extra I paid that I wasn’t supposed to for over 2 years. I have made 10 different phone calls over the last 3 weeks and everyone is lying to me about why they been charging me triple tax when I haven’t lived in New York for 4 years!!!

Disgusting service department and still not resolved. They don’t want to give me my money back. And now they charged my credit card without my consent! Now I have to call and fight with them again and waste more time out of my day. Please never get Sprint. They are crooks! Can’t believe they are allowed to do this and not get in trouble. Everyone that uses them please make sure to check your bill thoroughly every month.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have been a Sprint wireless customer for over 2 years. My bills have consistently increased. In May they added a new line to my account during a promotion where you get a $200 Mastercard. It's been over a month, no Mastercard received. Request to cancel inactive line on my account never got processed and thus added to the increase in my bill. They did not remediate the issue and customer service was totally rude. I am moving my device/phones to another carrier today. This is the worse experience in dealing with a wireless carrier I've ever experienced.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2019

Signed up with Sprint and from the get go had problems with the iPhone they provided and the second one, which was the replacement. The service was terrible. No one could hear me, calls dropped, customer service was useless! Oh, and the if you are not satisfied with their service they advertise is all talk. They do not reimburse you! In fact, they treat horribly and continue to bill you even after you have bought out their contract! In my experience, I would stay completely away from Sprint! They are, as a whole, terrible and don’t care about the customer!

Original review: June 22, 2019

2nd call on same issue. June 22, 2018.... on the phone with Sprint again in reference to charges. So far I have been transferred 3 times and on the call for 1 hour. The retention department quoted me a price for the lease of $14.75 which included a 18-month credit of $11.67 (approximately). However when I was transferred to telesales they stated the lease fee was 41.67 and I would have to pay $30 (approximately) for the phone monthly. They refuse to listen to the recording of the call.

I returned the Note 8 they stated I needed to pay $215.00 (approximately) for a damaged phone. If I pay that amount then I should own the phone and it should be returned to me. I had already completed the lease with 18 payments plus 2 more which totaled $800.00. If I pay I damage fee then I own the phone and it should be returned to me. This rep for account service stated he would open a cased. Still not willing to listen to the recordings of the call from June 3, 2019 and still no willingness to escalate this call. I am making these notes as I sit on the phone again with Sprint customer service being transferred from department to department. Just FYI Sprint added Sprint Complete and Insurance to both new line but I told them to not add either charges to these phones. still on the phone and researching but will not escalate this call going on 2 hours.

I have had every note except one I had the Note 7 which I thought was the best Note made but could not keep because of flaws. I refused to return the phone and they consistently did things to make the phone not work or be user friendly. Which made me realize that we are not really in control of our phones. Doing this time the charges was messed up on my account.

June 3, 2019 - Initial Concerns_ 1st call of the issue (4 hour call). I have been a Sprint customer for 20 years and the customer service continues to get worst. I contacted Sprint about my Note 8 and the volume and SMS not working correctly. At this point I thought I owned the phone after completing the lease agreement payment of $40 for 20 months. They told me if I wanted to own the phone I needed to pay 6 more monthly payments of $40 ($240) and select that I wanted to own the phone. If I didn't do this option then they would continue to bill me $40 a month for an outdated phone. Which to me is a rip off but they say it's written like that in their lease/purchase agreement. This means you will never own a phone. Including the $720 already paid.

These phones are not even valued that once you have completed a 18-24 months lease agreement. A customer is forced to upgrade their phone because these phones become outdated and don't work properly. The day I got the new phone I was on the phone with Sprint for almost 4 hours. Then one of the representative disconnected the call to stop the time and called me back. This particular day I had conversation with over customer service representatives, retention and telesales. However, no one could transfer me to a supervisor or escalate this call to anyone who could actually make any real decisions or changes. The so-call supervisor in telesales refused to get on the line. This has been an horrific experience and it is still not fixed 6 hours later.

Original review: June 22, 2019

After fulfilling my obligations with Sprint with having various phone lines; when I tried closing lines that I no longer needed due to my devices being stolen; I keep having to call customer service because the lines haven't been cancelled nor closed. They also make promises about giving account credits and I have yet to see any credits!

Original review: June 22, 2019

When I bought the phone, the Sprint rep told me what I had to pay each month. Everything was good until the first month's bill came in. It's actually more than what I was lead to believe. Dont do it, trust me.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2019

The 800 customer service number is a complete waste of time and a joke. They will not help you. I am cancelling my service and filing a lawsuit. I am also contacting the local news station. Terrible service.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We have only had Sprint for about a month. Our first bill became due today. But we had around $230 in credits from a previous time we had them (long story behind that). When we logged in, it said $0 due. It also stated we had $130 in credits remaining after the other credits were applied to our bill. We got an email this morning stating the bill was due and we had six days to pay before disconnection. I picked up the phone to call someone else because my Grandma had just passed away and we were working on funeral arrangements. The call was directed to Sprint, instead of my mom. So I knew that my phone had been disconnected.

The customer service person stated that they only cut my line off, not my husband's since he is the primary account holder and that my line would not be restored until we paid. I explained we had credits and online it states $0 due. There was no amount showing to pay, nothing! He said I was lying. Fortunately, my husband took screen shots of their website showing the credits that we had and it saying we owed $0. So they restored my phone right then and there which is great. But THEN, they decided to put the amount due $138.91, on payment arrangement without authorization or anything. Two hours after hanging the phone up, with them stating that the credits would be applied and everything was fine, they send us an email thanking us for our payment arrangement for a date we cannot pay! I am horrified and so frustrated. I will be switching my carrier if they don't fix this immediately.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Not only have they raised my bill consistently for any reason every month for 20 years they also have a completely inaccessible and dismissive customer service scheme to bar customers from ever accessing actual customer service through their 3 tier system which requires you wait weeks for an executive to call you only to make verbal agreements which's last for a month at best until they find another reason for it to creep. Just get out of Sprint while you can before they merge with T-Mobile...

Original review: June 20, 2019

It’s been more than a week since we’ve been trying to resolve this issue with Sprint, we were misinformed since day 1 about the services and how they work. Our plan ended about a month ago and our bill increased to $1500 in 1 month!!!! That’s crazy but that’s not it; After spending 4 hours on the phone trying to settle on payments, nothing will get resolve. They will make us wait and hang up right after. After several attempts to fix this issue we decided to make things worse. They won’t allow us to buy out the phones since their plan have a specific amount of time for the devices to be buy out which we were never informed and no one was really able to help. Every single representative on the phone will say, "I’m not allowed to do that" or "I can’t see the information". We even decided to take the insurance off the phones trying to lower the bill and after a few days we will call again and ask about it and the insurance will still be there.

All the representatives were from other countries. Their English was terrible even at the store. The only thing they care about is making you buy devices but no one really cares to help and disclose information. It’s been weeks and full days that we spent going to different stores from corporate to company owned, they all keep trying to wash their hands. This is not a joke, in one day we called 8 times and they will keep hanging up, they will all have mixed information and no one was able to help. At the end no one really seems to know anything. What I have come to realize is that this company it’s a complete scam. No one has this time to be fighting over a service and what’s even worse we haven’t solve anything. I wont recommend this company to anyone. Their customer service is the worst I ever had to deal with. This really seems like a nightmare for me and my family.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've had lots of technical issues with the phone and network coverage. They never followed up with all my phone calls and emails I sent them. I gave them a list with all my issues and problems that they weren't dealing with so it should be solved for the customer. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I changed to Sprint in Spring of 2018 after finally giving up my old phone and provider from 2012. I was offered a lower rate with an unlimited data plan, so who cares if their coverage isn't as good? At least, that was my thinking. Their coverage is terrible in Iowa. Easily the worst service of every major provider. At least based on me always having the worst coverage everywhere I go with friends and co-workers. They didn't honor their contract. They wouldn't let me buy my phone. I had to lease my phone, and I was very apprehensive about a contract so I went over it numerous times with the employees at the store. I was wearing them out with how badly I wanted to make sure I understood every little sentence in the contract. I never received a bill in a year that was accurate.

So after a year of poor service and overpaying (I tried to rework my contract with them several times and got stone-walled.) I decided to pay off the lease and end my service with them. I feel like a fool for not doing it sooner. They try to offer me better deals. Now, as I am so beyond done with them and have spent the better part of the year trying to reword things. Anyway, I have to pay additional charges out the rear and get scammed even more just to close out my account, but at least I am done with them.

Yeah, not exactly. I keep getting calls on my phone, so I immediately ring up customer service to find out what is going on. They tell me even though the account is ended it will continue through the current billing period. Makes sense. Then the billing period ends, and not only is my phone still ringing but they sent me a new bill. For 120 dollars. My original contract was for half that. I call up customer service and they promise the line will be off by midnight tonight. I guess we'll see. In the meantime they still want the 120. Over my dead body. Do not get service from these thieves and liars. They will not honor a contract you sign and will lie to you over and over.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have come to hate Sprint because they have continued to charge my credit card for a daughter’s phone that was cancelled five months ago. Zero usage. No amount of calls or visits to their corporate sales locations will stop the charges. The credit card company has cancelled their access, but Sprint continues to send bills. Their phone customer service representative (Isaiah @ ‭+1 (888) 211-4727‬) refused to allow me to speak to a manager on June 3, 2019. He finally told me they would refund all the charges within forty-eight hours. He lied. No charges have been refunded and he did not even cancel the account. I have literally spent hours on the phone and in sales offices confirming identity, showing transfer to another service provider, etc.

I will never do business with them again and will do my best to not do business with their affiliates. I hold out hope that our congressional leaders will not approve Sprint’s proposed mega-merger. It is my experience that the American people will be cheated out of their limited access to communication choices by allowing Sprint a greater proportion of our limited bandwidth. Beware this company people. Your time is valuable.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I was a customer for Sprint for almost two years. Bad, bad service, call dropping, bad customer service and bad supervisor also. They fought over the phone with me. Made me cry so much because I wanted to cancel since it is a bad company and do the switch. They had me paying the phone on the lease and at the end they wanted me to pay a lot. To tell you all I was suppose to pay 200-300 but they added so much stuff, cancellation fees and others fees. They charge me 1,097.00 that they even sold my account to other people for them make me pay. We negotiated and I pay half. I thought ok I'm done. Noooo I was not. I just another letter from Source RM telling me I owe the balance of 543.57 and that they will put a hardship on my credit. You can not get away from them. They will want you to pay it. If not they will pay someone also to do it. Never ever in my life will go with Sprint. They never help but they want you to pay. Scammers???

Original review: June 18, 2019

Let me just begin by saying that if you are reading this review before signing up for Sprint, save yourself the heartache and DON’T DO IT. My wife and I switched over from AT&T just looking to save a little money. We didn’t expect the service to be as good, but we were okay with that as long as it met our needs. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. To start things off the sales rep at our local Sprint store gave us the false sense that she knew what she was doing but we found out that she didn’t. She did the trade ins on our old phones and later on we realized the whole transaction wasn’t done properly. So instead of them taking care of us, I had to call in and spend over an hour on the phone getting it straightened out.

Then, a couple of months after my wife’s phone is stolen I call in to make a claim for insurance and the customer service rep gave me, yet again, FALSE INFORMATION. Told me the wrong deductible, and even went so far as to say that I could “pick up the replacement phone from a store nearby”. WRONG. It was $275 (not $100 like he said) and we got a refurbished phone in the mail that was STILL CONNECTED TO SOMEONE ELSE’S ACCOUNT!! Maybe I could have forgiven these transgressions had the service not been absolutely horrific. I drop calls or have very muffled calls on the regular. Can’t watch a 3 minute YouTube video without losing connection 3 times. Can’t send a text while on the phone (WTF?). All of that to save $30 a month. Regret doesn’t even begin to describe what I’m feeling. Buy yourself 2 tin cans and some string! It’ll work just as good!

Original review: June 18, 2019

If you live in New Jersey leasing a phone from Sprint is one of the dumbest things you can do. I purchase my phones back in Dec. 2017 (well I thought I had an option to purchase). I'm not going to go into a long story of 6hrs and 30min of customer service. But after 3 reps and 1 supervisor of trying to purchase my phones. Keep in mind I was within the 18 month lease. I was finally told, based on the laws in your state you can not purchase your phones. Rep even said you are not the only one. We receive these calls all time from Jersey, they should tell you guys this. But it's on the 2nd page of the contract. You can not purchase their phones from a lease.

Let's do the math. Fees and cost for all the phones on Dec 2017 $1100. Monthly charges $191 for 18 months $3438. So in 1 year and six months $4538 and then have to return the phones. Wait there's more. Since your leased ended you now have to pay a month to month charge of $30 until you return the phones or upgrade in the same money pit contract. Hope this help someone. I purchase my phones from the Sprint in Garden State Plaza. Paramus, NJ the reps at this location was very misleading. Saying leasing is better way to purchase the phone. Never again. By the way I heard this might apply to New York and Delaware.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We have been customers since 2015. We recently contacted Sprint to reduce our costs and in the end upgraded our son's phone and cancelled our daughter's line. We ended up with an extra $200.00 added to our bill which I was already trying to reduce. The customer service is awful when you have a problem. After many phone calls and disconnected conversations and no resolution with Sprint we would never recommend Sprint to anyone. And I will be sure to tell as many people as possible about our experience. If I could give a 0 rating I would!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!! Please don’t waste your time and money with these people. They are thieves and liars. I was a customer for 5+ years. It was great at first. It didn’t start getting bad until the end of last year. I don’t know what changes they made, but everything has become horrific. The coverage, the prices, and most of all, the customer service. I hate that our business dealings ended so badly because they were so great for so long.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have had several employees make promises to me that are NEVER followed through. I have been promised a Magic Box for over a year. Was supposed to get July 2018, Nov 2018 and April 2019. Still no receipt of what they promised. As soon as I pay off my phone I'm done with Sprint. Worst customer service ever or their customer service is not given the tools they need to resolve customer issues. Either way, I highly recommend not using Sprint.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have five Sprint phones and called to cancel one of my lines on 10/3/18. I am on auto pay so shame on me for not checking my billing statements. I was getting ready to upgrade one of my Sprint phones and opened one of my billing statement online to realize that the phone I thought had been canceled never was and I have been billed every month since 10/2018. I called and spoke to Erin who pulled up my file and said she showed the record of my call to cancel on 10/3 however would need her supervisor Mallory to approve the credits as she also showed no activity on the phone since that date. Mallory said there was nothing they would do because it was my responsibility to check to make sure Sprint took care of their responsibility. Lesson is don't go paperless with auto pay. You are more likely to catch these things when you have a paper statement monthly. Can't believe Sprint wasn't willing to do the right thing!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2019

I ended my contact with Sprint and returned the devices in the return envelopes they provided. Three months later they send me a email saying that they never received them. I suggested they check the warehouse. Never heard back from Sprint. Today they garnished my bank account leaving me with funds to work or dialysis so Monday I will quit work not sure yet to do about the other. I have experienced customer service hanging up on a coworker after being caught pretending to be a supervisor. The best rating for this company negative 30. I hope someone will read this and take the warning. If not good luck.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2019

STOP AND DON'T SWITCH TO SPRINT. I switched from Verizon to try and save money. WORST MOVE EVER! I am a CONTRACTOR and Sprint is actually costing me money. I can't hear what my clients are saying because it sounds so muffled. I have frequent dropped calls. Data is very slow. New customers don't even try this company. Save time and money and choose different carrier.

Original review: June 13, 2019

In addition to being one of the more expensive carriers with the least coverage, the customer service is horrific. I've received misinformation, mis-directed payments, and deliberately false statements from Sprint customer service. Sometimes delivered with a facetious "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that." "I understand you're upset" simply repeated over and over in an insincere manner.

They really push the lease of the phone, I seem to remember sometimes it was the only option if you needed to make payments, which means you end up paying much more than the phone is worth. If you try to cancel the lease, or pay it off, you're hit with a penalty that is hundreds of dollars. Other companies don't offer "lease" anymore, and I can see why; it seems teetering on usury.

Most recently, we tried to cancel service with Sprint (and move to another carrier) but Sprint holding two of our five lines hostage. We've called 3 times now to have the phones unlocked from Sprint. The first call was to pay off all the phones and unlock them (yes, we paid over $450 in prepay penalties on two of the phones). The second phone call was to find out why 2 phones still weren't unlocked, so Sprint created a "case" to investigate it. The case determined that the phones weren't paid off (not accurate, see first phone call). Many customer service interactions later, it was determined the phones were paid off. They still aren't unlocked. Sprint is still charging us for the service they won't let us leave. It's been 11 days now, since the first phone call attempting to disconnect from Sprint and I'm still getting a runaround of either complete ineptitude, or purposeful mismanagement. Do not let Sprint get their hooks into you.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had been (stress the past tense) a customer of Sprint's for almost 19 years. The quality of the phone, data and customer service has gone increasingly downhill the past few years and continues to do so. We would miss calls, texts, etc. and our livelihood depends on us receiving our phone messages. We lost a client because of Sprint's poor service quality which cost us about $10,000. DO NOT GO WITH THEM NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE OFFER LOOKS!!

Sprint Company Information