Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 1, 2021

My son lost his phone in over 16 months ago and I reported it 13 months ago to Sprint only to find out I have been charged for service and insurance on the line that I cannot even use. Once I did try and file a claim after allowing time to possibly find the phone I was outside of the window of opportunity. So moral of the story is that I have been charged since Nov 2019 for a phone and insurance that do not have 1 minute used since 2019. I called them 3 times this past week and spent over 6 hours total on the phone with them and they want to give me about one third of what I feel was stolen from me. On top of that they want to keep the money and just apply a credit.

I am so disappointed in myself for continuing to stay with Sprint. I have been with them since 2008 and this is how they treat their customers. Back in 2019 I say I was being charged for a phone that had been upgraded for over 1 year as well. I had to go through BBB to get that resolved. Check your phone bill everyone because anything they can do to charge you more they will do. They even charge more for a detailed billing statement so that should have been a red flag right there. I wish I never started to do business with a company like this. Only reason there is one star is because you can not submit with Zero stars.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 29, 2021

I have been with Sprint since 2019 and it has been the worst experience I have had with any cell company besides Cricket! They were the only company not willing to work with their customers during a world wide pandemic when other companies even utility companies were! When I started service I got 3 phones, one of which I was told was free, one just came out 2 months prior and the 3rd was an Iphone. At that time I had to pay $70 something total to start service and get the 3 phones. I now want to upgrade to the newest phone on one line and I have to pay over $200 upfront and still pay monthly to lease or buy the phone. I am told it's due to my credit score.

Now I have been a customer for going on 2 years and have to pay more now as a loyal customer than I did to start the service and get 3 phones in the beginning? Not to mention they have horrible customer service. They really don't care about their customers at all, it's all about money and it shows each time you speak with them! I would not recommend this company for cell service as you will will highly disappointed from start to finish. I have not had one good experience with this company since I started the service!!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 24, 2021

Sprint and T-Mobile have made the transition a nightmare for Sprint customers. I cannot get a "person" to talk to from Sprint and the T-Mobile people tell me it is not their problem. I am in a nightmare catch 22 with nowhere to turn for help. Of course Sprint is going to drop my service if I do not pay them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 21, 2021

I have spent the last two and a half days trying to order an upgrade from a Sprint customer service representative. Today, I was on the phone for over 4 hours at various times. Between waiting to get through to a live person, to being placed on hold to wait for a supervisor, to being disconnected three times, transferred while on hold to a completely different department, to being told that someone would call me back (no return phone call either time), and to being told that an email would be sent with my new quote (no email received-- representative indicated that they had a service error on their end), I am no closer to having my simple request resolved. I have been a loyal customer of Sprint for over 18 years, but if this is how they will be doing business now that they are merged with T-Mobile, I am ready to seek other options -- Spectrum perhaps.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 17, 2021

I have been a customer for over 20 years. Started with Nextel and stayed through Sprint merger. Now with the latest merger (T-Mobile), service is horrible, price increased and customer service is non existent! They raised my service $8 a month claiming that it included all taxes and fees yet there was still sales tax on my invoice on top of the price increase. 8 bucks won't break me, it's the point. Hate being lied to. If you want to increase the price, increase the price, don't try to hide it with a lie. I pay attention to my invoices. If you do increase my service price, make sure the quality remains. It has not. Calls drop constantly and that's if they even go through. So after almost 22 years I am switching to Verizon.

Original review: March 6, 2021

** I WOULD GIVE ZERO STARS IF I COULD** Sprint/T-Mobile has deleted me from their system (an in-store manager explained to me that they have 3 systems and it appears that I was deleted from CTF and support system, but not billing/sales so they can still get money) and I have spent over 13 hours talking to various teams to resolve the issue and they say it can’t be resolved. However, they are still billing me. They don't know why I was deleted and said "rest assured, we can't delete anyone" only to be told later that I was deleted. And no one knows why.

I tried to switch carriers since they won’t resolve the issue, but they refuse to waive a cancellation fee for me to go to another carrier. I have talked to supervisors, escalation teams, care teams, finance teams, sales teams, and even spent 2 hours in store with a manager (who said he worked there 11 yrs) for them to tell me to call the number back because they can’t help and don’t have a resolution.

Every person I talk to says they will put to “escalation” and call back. They call back and tell me to do the same steps I have done numerous times and nothing works. They tell me no resolution. I told them I wanted to cancel and switch carriers, but I was told repeatedly that I will be charged $375 because it’s in the contract, but they won’t let me access the contract or my account or billing since my account was deleted and they have no way to fix the issue. See below from a chat earlier today:

Violet: Record shows you still have 8 months remaining for the lease and that is for $199.96 plus the payoff amount of $174.93. Total charges once you cancel this line is $ 374.89. You also have have options to return the device. Once the device is return to the warehouse, charge of $174.93 will be reverse to lower the charge.

It has been 7 days since I originally contacted them and I am still being told no resolution and I need to pay $375 to leave. I have done online chat, phone chat, in-store, and more. I just want to be done with Sprint forever at this point but I am not paying $375 when this is something they have messed up on and won’t fix. I can’t stay with a carrier who won’t let me access my account but takes almost $200 from me each month. I won’t pay them to leave because this is not my fault and I am not the one who is saying “nothing can be done.” It is not OK to keep taking my money but not let me access the charges on my account or ANY of my information AT ALL.

Also, they hung up on me several times making me go through another long connection process on the phone since they had no resolution and no longer wanted to “deal with me.” I also called 2 times during the day TODAY and was supposed to receive call backs - I never did. I called and chatted again tonight for another 1 hour - got hung up on 2 times, left on hold for 30 minutes one time, "chat ended" on me, transferred chat, radio silence. All because I asked for my account number so I could leave Sprint. They refused to provide my account number even after going through security checks. How can I do ANYTHING without my account number and account access, getting the run around and transferred, hung up on, or no call back -- but they are STILL charging me money?!

About 13 hours total between chats, phone calls, and in the store. I want nothing to do with Sprint/T-Mobile ever again - I have no outstanding balance, I just refuse to pay an early termination fee after the way I have been treated the last week. I was perfectly fine with T-Mobile/Sprint until my account was deleted, I was given the run around, kept being charged via direct debit/bank transfer auto-pay (without access to this to view or make changes or see my bill), and I was refused any information on my account such as the account number (after I went through security verifications with each team member - more than 1 each time on the phone and chat. About 5 people each time I called or chatted I had to re-verify myself. Yes, I was transferred that many times or re-routed to be told the same info over and over again, until someone just hung up on me).

I'm told to "sign -in" to the account that was deleted for no reason; no one knows why it's deleted. No one can give a resolution or explanation. Just hang-ups, promised call backs, or told "no resolution" to my face in a store. But there's no problem in taking money from my bank via a transfer each month. A transfer I can't even stop because I can't log in to my account for an unknown reason that no one will help solve. THAT IS NOT OK!! How is this not stealing?! And since I am not OK with not having access to my account information, including my billing and bank information, and the charges for my money being withdrawn, I want to switch carriers. I have been told repeatedly that because of this, I will be charged $375 ETF, and if not paid, I will get sent to collections for $375 and it will negatively hurt MY credit.

How is this my fault when I wanted to stay with T-Mobile/Sprint, never had an issue, and nothing is being done by them to rectify the situation at all! Except treat me so horribly. I have never been treated so terribly by the following teams (and more) within one company: customer care, escalation team, support team, supervisors, in-store managers, in-store reps, customer service, finance team (who I cried hysterically to), and that's not even all the people I was connected to throughout it all! This situation has caused me to lose time at work, has caused me added stress and more mental health issues and appointments. I can't even verify the money they are taking is accurate. I don't know what to do or where to go. I've tried filing complaints to BBB and FCC. I don't know what to do and I need help bad.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I’ve had Sprint for 2 decades. I decided to switch a few months ago because they had my phones set up as leases without telling me. I received a bill from Sprint a month after closing it out. I called customer service and was told it was a Sprint error and the money would be refunded. The rep even said she was deleting my credit card information so it wouldn’t happen again. I called a week later when the money wasn’t refunded. Another rep said it was a Sprint error and that it had happened to other customers as well. She spoke with a manager and promised the money would be refunded that day.

The money was refunded on a Friday and I received a collections notice on Monday. I called Sprint and spoke with a dozen different people who had no idea what was going on and never relayed the situation to the next rep they transferred me to. One rep, in finance, disconnected the call. This was a 2.5 hour ordeal. Finally, it was determined that it was a bill I owed. I tried to pay it AGAIN and 2 reps couldn’t take my information. Their system was “down”. So, I logged back into my old account and paid it again. I went into a chat on the app to try to get a letter from Sprint acknowledging that it wasn’t my mistake and that Sprint was responsible, in case it happened to hit my credit.

The manager on the app just suddenly stopped responding and went away. He never said the chat was ending or goodbye or asked me if I needed anything else. He just disappeared. It’s the absolutely worse cell service I’ve ever had but I stayed loyal anyway, thinking it was a good company. It isn’t even a good company with good people. We were lied to when we “bought” the phones and then had money taken when we tried to leave. Customer service is a nightmare. Run from this company as quickly as you can. Find any other carrier. I switched to AT&T and suddenly I have good cell service and easily have access to anything I need.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have the flex plan. I never was informed that before you return your pnohe to Sprint you have to send it first to the insurance company. If not sprint will charge your account. $500 after paying sprint insurance..and you call you can't not do anything about..

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I Have been a customer of Sprint T Mobile for the last two years . We signed original contract and were told that we were getting free phones. I went to the T-Mobile store and explain my situation. They said to call up the T-Mobile Sprint customer service as I should be able to get a rebate for the months that I paid rent after I paid off the phone. I called up customer service and they said, "You signed the contract. Yyou get nothing." T mobile is just as bad as sprint. During all the time that I had sprint I had terrible reception and terrible and dropped calls.

We ended up paying close to $700 in rental fees for phones that were supposed to be free. So now we are shopping for a carrier that cares about his customers. T-mobile and sprint do not care and lie. I have posted to several complaints and can see by other comments that TMobile/Sprint did this to numerous customers. I hope a class action lawsuit occurs as TMobile/Sprint believe and Believe in bait and switch and rude customer service are the cornerstones of their corporate policy/corporate atmosphere.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I was a long time customer, switch to T-Mobile before the merger, my bill was paid up no contract, I owned my phone, T-Mobile checked with Sprint before proceeding, the switch was approved, ported my number. Three months later, collection calls, stating I owed money, I will not pay, put on my credit, now they offer a set amount, then the other half remaining balance would go to TMobile. Because of this I will leave TMobile. Also poor business ethics. $68.00 fee losing a loyal customer.

Sprint Company Information