Sprint
2.76/5
Based on 3,275 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Sprint Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Sprint was able to offer me multiple ways to get working phones the same day. After 2 weeks with Verizon I had a bill for 250 but couldn't text or call. I tried multiple times to get with Verizon support but they never had answers. When I went to the Verizon store they said they could not fix anything, only sell me things. They also claimed they we incapable of addressing a bill for services that they were not providing. Fv.

At Sprint they were able to offer me 5x the hotspot data and 2x the high speed data I was getting for 1/3 the price Verizon was offering. The store manager even drove to another store to get a Sim that would be compatible with my phone instead of next day shipping one. And my sales rep was able to answer all my questions and show me what I was agreeing to before it became a bill. Verizon advertises a better network but they don't know the meaning of service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Sprint is the Worst Cell Phone Carrier ever! I don't understand why you even employee managers when they are unable to help with any needs or issues!! Your customer service is a joke, completely outsourced and I am sure they are not being paid a reasonable wage! Corporate should be ashamed with such a terrible company they are running. You have so many hidden charges and not one person can explain any of them! I feel sorry for your staff as they have to deal with the very upset and angry customers your company creates! I can't wait to pay my last bill and cancel all services with this terrible company!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This is one of the worst places I've ever visit in my life. I was told my bill was going to stay the same when I traded in my S9 for an S10 phone. Turns out I am paying way over $30 more on my bill each month. Haven called Sprint store to try to have them fix this for me. I got in touch with one person who said they would work with me and try to lower my bill so when they did they said everything would stay the same and they lowered my bill for me. But then the next month came I lost my Hotspot all together then I called him back and said what happened it and they act like they didn't see this transcripts which was right in front of them. So they try to put me back on my old plan and it charged me an extra $5 on top of that. This has been a horrible experience. Sprint has been one of the worst companies of ever had to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Customer service will lie to you. They don’t care who you are or what happened especially if there was a mistake on their end, they will avoid fixing their mistakes at all costs. I was charged with 4 extra phone bills that were never reimbursed. Was told by an in-store employee about a promo deal, he specifically assured me there was no contract, no fee so why not. I went through with it. Little did I know it was a contract that would cost extra to cancel. He was fired shortly after for doing the same thing to multiple customers. When I addressed this issue with customer service they told me that it wasn’t their problem. Really? Your terrible employees aren’t your problem? Took me about 10 phone calls to finally claim a dispute that’ll probably get thrown in the trash. Already switched to T-Mobile and Sprint is still trying to charge me cancelation fees after being told that wasn’t necessary.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Sprint is by far the worst cell phone provider I've ever had. To list them for comparing, I've been with T-Mobile, ATT and Verizon. Sprint offers discounts, deals and credits on your account upon signing up but then they miraculously disappear throughout the months only to call you a year later saying they have been terminated for unknown reasons. This place is trash. Just a money pit of greed for these people. Do yourselves a favor and save yourselves from the frustration and headaches. Just spend the little extra and go to Verizon or ATT. Those are the real MVPs. Sprint is trash trash trash. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I contacted Sprint today to get help resolving an issue. I explained the first CSR that took my call that I paid off my phones in June and cancelled my service and closed my account on August 10, 2019 and moved to another provider. My new provider advised upon trying to transfer my number that my number needed to be unlocked by Sprint. I contact Sprint and requested that they unlock my number. After being transferred twice I was told that it was unlocked. I contacted my new provider and again was told that the number was locked. I decided to call Sprint again the next day. I called and requested to have my number unlocked. I was told again it was unlocked. Again the new carrier advised that it was still locked. I guess you can see where I'm going with this. It took 4 days of me calling back and forth before my number was finally released by Sprint!!!

Fast forward to today, October 20, 2019. I noticed two charges deducted from my bank account from Sprint for service on a phone that I don't use and on an account that I closed on August 10, 2019. So, I was charged $65 (Aug. 11-Sept 10) that was taken from my bank account on October 4, 2019. Now keep in mind that I closed this account on August 10. I called Sprint to clear up this obvious mistake. I was on the phone for approximately 30-45 minutes with the first CSR. She could not or didn't want to resolve my issue. I was transferred to another person. I explained that I have already been on the phone for almost an hour. I went on to explain that all I want is to be treated fairly. I reminded the rep that I was greeted by everyone that I spoke to with, "Thank you for being a loyal customer since 2017". Well, this person ended up transferring me to someone in the collections department.

At this point I had been on the phone for about 2 hours. Holding true to Sprint's terrible customer service, this person simply repeated my problem; the one that I had to explain during all 4 transfers to other reps. I was fed up at this point and asked the rep for a name and number of whomever is in charge. He told me that he needed to verify my information (for a 4th time!!!) before he can give me what I requested. I explained to him that I am not requested anything with regard to my account. I simply want a name and number of someone, anyone that can help me.

It is now 10 p.m. on Oct. 20, 2019 and not one of the people whom are tasked with assisting customers could resolve my simple request to refund the $65 dollars that was drafted from my account in Oct. for service rendered after I closed that account. And to credit my account for the amount that is scheduled to be paid on November 3, 2019. I guess I'll give it another try tomorrow...

Sprint Company Information