2.80/5
Based on 3,303 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

6150 Sprint Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 15 years. On June 22 of this year, I called and spoke to a very nice young lady who was very happy to help me reduce my bill. There were services we were paying for that we just did not need. When she sent the update information, I noticed that I am being charged 19 a month for my phone which I've had for just about 4 years.

When I call back to inquire about the $19 charge, the customer service rep said that it was the for the lease. The lease was up after 22 months. She tried to explain well, that was for the service. No. I pay $65 a month for the service. And as indicated on your website, there is no lease on this phone. Never really did give me a good answer. Said, "Don't worry, we will mark your phone as paid ($77 for an iPhone 6s) and no more payments. Nothing about the 20 extra some months at $19.

I started checking around for better plans and decided, hey. My phone is paid off, let me switch to this MUCH cheaper carrier and give it a try. July 3 I call and ask for my phone to be unlocked. No problem at all. Will be done in 48 hours. Needless to say that didn't happen. And after several more calls, nothing. Went through their spring community and was FINALLY able to get the phone unlocked. Needless to say, moving my service to ANY carrier is better than what Sprint has become.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The Bad- I had a ton of issues with the 2 for 1 lease plan. I was misinformed completely what the plan was and how it works. Long story short I wanted to buy new phones, pay them off, and then own them and just pay for the service. Unfortunately several key points Sprint doesn't seem to want to inform you. 1- You only pay for 70% of the phone and then need to pay off 30% after the 18 months is up. 2- In select states you CANNOT buy out the phone after the 18 months due to law. MAKE SURE YOU PAY YOUR PHONE OFF BEFORE THE LEASE ENDS or Sprint forces you to rent and not be able to own.

3- The biggest flaw with this plan is you need to VERBALLY let them know you want to buy out or upgrade or etc. Otherwise they DEFAULT you to rent forever which means they could make double what the phone is worth if you don't pay attention and continue paying it. Very shady business practice. 4- Lastly they claimed they sent out 1 email but couldn't tell me when to inform me of these important facts 1 month before my 18 months was up. No phone call or text or paper letter nothing just 1 alleged email that I never received. The plan overall isn't terrible but they definitely try to catch you in holes to really screw you over.

The Good- On another note I called to complain and had a nightmare for an hour trying to fix this mess that I was mislead into. Phone support sucks again. But I went into the store at the Albany, NY Crossgates Location and spoke with their Manager Carrie **. She was amazing at understanding the issues at hand, taking fault in the errors that Sprint's employees caused in the store when I originally bought the phone getting the wrong info, and also on the phone with rude customer support. She also did what she could to fix the problem for me which she did effectively fix it.

Lastly she listened to my experience of what went wrong so she could not only let her staff know but when they have meetings let the higher ups know. Being a customer service rep for almost 10 years myself she was one of the best reps I've ever worked with or encountered. I never leave reviews but due to the way she handled the situation I felt the need to. Sprint should be happy they have people like this to cover their butts with some of the things above that a customer has to deal with.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have been a client for over 21 years. Before they were Sprint it was Nextel. Nextel had much better coverage overall plus the walkie talkie feature was excellent. They did away with it. Sprint does need to improve upon their network coverage.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've never had to deal with customer service, so that is why I gave it a neutral score. I am quite happy with the access in my area. I've never had any issue with internet access, despite being bordered by a woods.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have been with Sprint for 3 years and I got a great price on my line and phones. Unfortunately, I lost a phone I had leased and when I tried to claim it the store told me I didn't have insurance so I was forced to get a new line so that I can afford a new phone since the store representative confirmed there was no insurance on the phone I just lost. Since I didn't think the representative would lie to me I didn't check and ended up getting the new phone and lease. A few months after I found out I had insurance on the phone after all and called in to try to file a claim because I still didn't have a device connected to a phone line I was still paying for a lease I was still making payments on, the insurance said since there was no activity on the phone they can't file a claim anymore. After that I called Sprint to cancel the insurance I didn't know I have and just ate the cost for my negligence of not checking for myself for the insurance.

A whole year and a half later when I finally was able to afford a used Sprint phone I activated on the line I had been paying and the rep who helped me activate it told me I was still paying for insurance. I called Sprint asking to help cover the fees I had been paying the entire time and they were kind enough to close out my lease and cover the amount I owed of $60 after I had paid over $500 for the phone lease and service and insurance. I pleaded with them to compensate me for some of the money or at least give me a discount on my bill for all the trouble and the supervisor Jamie was very dry with me, made it seem like it was not their fault I was stupid enough not to check my bill to make sure I wasn't charged the insurance this whole time.

Sprint robbed me of my money when time after time they told me I didn't have insurance when I did, I was forced to get a new line to afford a new lease so I can have a phone and kept paying a line which I didn't use for over 18 months. The supervisor had the audacity to say "We were more than generous to close out the lease and pay it off" $60?! That's more than generous? I promise you this is not a good company and if you make a mistake they will punish you for it and not help you out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I've been a Sprint user for over four years now. The first year was amazing, I loved the price and the service. Over the past three years the prices have increased while the service has drastically decreased. I hardly have any service anywhere. Phone calls drop and sometimes they just fail to go through altogether. Multimedia messages rarely send and trying to find a good internet connection is a joke. I've always made sure that I've kept the latest phone to ensure the best service but, even the best phone can't help Sprint's service. After this contract is over I will be running as fast as I can away from this carrier.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I've been with Sprint for about 6 years. I have a 4 lines on one plan with them. My youngest son who just joined the Army became stationed in Alaska and could not get reception so he purchased the phone out early from the lease and took it to another carrier. I was checking my bill today and noticed that they were still charging the line $17.50/month for the last three months.

Now, my fault for not checking the bill in detail and simply sending in the payment, but when I called to inquire about a refund and to cancel the line; the attitude I received was there was no way they could go back and credit anything (even though there was no activity on the line) and that my request to cancel could not be processed until 9/12 (today is 8/19). Reason being is that line cancellation cannot be done during a billing period.

I asked if there was someone who could consider an exception, she said that the buck stops in her department, the escalation department. Which is odd because all the while I was speaking with her she represented herself as "Shanell from billing". All in all, my voice does not matter and most likely will not be heard. They are willing to lose a customer for $50, rather than invest that $50 in my loyalty for years to come. Too bad Sprint....Shame on you for not valuing the people that pay your paychecks.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have 4 lines and when I log into the app it shows a huge ad stating upgrade now for FREE! Just turn in your old device. Of course I did this and 2 months later I had a charge on my bill for “breaking lease“. I called to ask about this and was told I had 2 months left on my lease before I could upgrade so I was charged for those 2 months. I asked why it said free, and they responded it states it in the contract. They refused to credit the money to my account even though it was a misleading ad. I guess you are supposed to go into your archives and research your contract every time Sprint puts a free offer on your App. I am currently looking into having Verizon buy out my contract and switching all 4 lines to them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I can not pay my bill online. When I put in my username and password it reverts to the sign in page. Same thing with my fingerprints. Very frustrating!!! No I have to go to the friggin store and wait an hour to pay my bill!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have been a Sprint customer since 2005 and never thought about switching plans until this last incident. I received a phone call from Sprint’s promotional team about a tablet promotion that they were running. Receive a Generation 6 tablet for $100 spread over 20 payments ($5.00) per bill. I already had 2 tablets but I thought I could use it as a gift for someone or as a backup when I travel outside the country. To my surprise while looking over my Sprint bill In May, I noticed a $30 tablet plan on my bill that I had no idea about. They snuck a $30 a month plan on a tablet that I have never used or even opened the box. I then called Sprint about a resolution and they have offered the worse customer service that I have ever been associated with. I am now looking to switch my plan to a company who values my business!!!!

Sprint Company Information