Sprint PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This has got to be the worst cellphone company EVER!!! This company is run by a bunch of liars, thieves, unprofessional and poorly trained representatives. They trick you into thinking you are receiving the best plan to help lower your bill but it ends up backfiring on you, the customer! One rep tells you one thing and another rep turns around and tells you something completely different. The worst decision I made was switching from my previous cell phone provider to these idiotic thieves.

I am a new subscriber of Sprint. Simply said this is the worst experience with any carrier. Callers can't hear me and I got call drops all the time. Each time I make a outgoing call, I tried to walk to my yard to make the call. Even that I have problem finished making my call. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE SPRINT FOR YOUR PHONE SERVICE. You will feel extreme frustrated just like me.

We have been trying for 7 months to get our billing resolved. We have talked to many people and gone into the Sprint store yet every month it is not resolved. I have never seen my wife so angry in her life. These guys are the worst on the planet. Do not use them. They should be sued and their license taken away. I am writing TO THE FCC AND GOING TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. WE HAVE HAD IT. THEY ARE ABOMINABLE. THE WORST EVER. DON'T EVER USE THEM.

I have been with Sprint for years and usually they work with me on payment but not this time. I called and told them I could pay 100.00 on that day last week and more on the 27th. They told me, "I will take the 100 but need the rest now." I said, "I'm sorry I can't I support my family of 5 on min wage," and they told me to go make the money then I said, "Excuse me. I will sue you for harassment." He laughed. I told him, "I need my phone. My daughter has medical issues and if the school can't call me, I will sue you then too for being so rude and nasty." They still don't care. My phone got shut off and now I worry like a freak. But nobody seems to care. I have tried everything.

I have been a Sprint customer for more than 8 years now, simply because Verizon and others aren't competitive with their pricing of Unlimited plans. It's been an uphill battle, but lately the service has deteriorated even more (I didn't think it was possible). Over the past several months issue after issue has arisen with Sprint, from their not informing us that changing our plan would eliminate our employer discount, their inability to follow through on any promises of credits or other compensation, the last major issue was their promising that we'd be able to upgrade from the iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 7 Plus after our next billing cycle.

After several hours (literally) of speaking with Sprint via their store and manager, customer service line, and finally the Better Business Bureau we were able to upgrade as promised. I never trust any promise that Sprint makes. If I don't see the transaction happen when I'm on the phone with the person making the promise, I know I'll be calling back in later when they don't do what they said they will. It's been a nightmare... But you get what you pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

The only way to get through and talk to a person is to act like you want to upgrade or buy something. I was on hold or speaking with someone who barely spoke English or who didn't have the authority to fix my problem for 3 and 1/2 hours. Still issue is unresolved and I'm on hold again and keep in mind this is about the 5th time I've tried to fix this issue. This is the worst and I mean the worst customer service ever. Do yourself a favor call AT&T.

I have had their Hotpot for my wireless connection. I upgraded my GB to 6 to assure no overage charges. However, with my last 4 billings, normally $63, 3 of them were high but the last one was ridiculous at $207!!! I called twice and complained. They can't show days that I went over my data plan but I know I did not. I am 72 years old, don't stream anything and shut my HotSpot off almost religiously when not using it. Sprint is ripping me off!!! The first time I received a high bill, I asked for them to send me notice when I am over half my usage but they say they can't!!

Continually Sprint will claim more data is being used when we have no proof of such data being used as no change in usage, on our end, has occurred. This is NOT an isolated incident and needs to be addressed by Consumer Affairs and/or the Attorney General as thousands of customers are being ripped off and then threatened by cancelling service when you dispute the charges. Good luck getting to a live person... and now even getting online to pay a bill or view the charges they are claiming to be legitimate. The site states is "Not available at this time" so you have no way, if you elected automated billing, to view or analyze what's going on. Smooth process hiding charges.

Resolution is NOT an option. If you request a plan that is cheaper or more efficient they will simply ask to increase your monthly charges for more data. So, your choice is: Get charged monthly for more data that you can't prove OR pay more a month continually increasing your debt to Sprint. I currently have phones to pay on, another lease scam, and then I will immediately change carriers and hopefully find another carrier that isn't such a scam artist of a corporation that will eventually face a class action lawsuit... wait for it!

One of the many ways these guys RIP YOU OFF, besides "cooking the books" for extra fees is to claim you haven't returned the phone (which they bill you twice for) and send you to collections while they (after they've already received it) decide to accept the phone. This after refusing to take the phone back at the store... they are the worst!

Sprint is hands down the most frustrating company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Several years ago my daughter’s iPhone5 was stolen. It was leased so of course I anticipated I would be responsible for the payment for the duration of the lease however I also have to Pay for it to be on seasonal standby. They say it’s $8.99 per month but the bill says $40. My second line is on the most minimal plan $20. My bill is always around $150 monthly. Every attempt to understand my bill and try to not pay any service fees on a phone that hasn't had service in 2 years is met with the same run around. Call is transferred from agent to agent and each time I am forced to repeat the purpose of my call. In the end the call will be dropped or I am so frustrated I give up on the brink of unleashing a stream of expletives. 3 attempts and at about 3-4 hours each and still I've gotten nowhere.

Although the employees at the foreign call centers are polite they robotically reiterate the same verbiage completely void of a resolution are so much as an explanation. After 4 hours on their internet self service website and leaving me repeatedly to nowhere I was exasperated, exhausted, frustrated and have my husband give it a try. I thought for sure he'd be able to squared away and he had got the same run around and just started laughing looked at me and said, "This gets you nowhere. They don't let you do anything." When a supervisor is requested I’m placed on a lengthy hold. And then it begins again. I cant even cancel service. Just more of the same. I don't want to give any more of my hard earned money to these people.

Sprint is the worst phone network with no regard for the consumer or fare and ethical business practices. They use predatory tactics and trap the consumer in a cycle of unending payments and the only way out is to pay in full a huge fee. They literally shut you out and do nothing to compensate or rectifying their own mistakes. And each time I call there is absolutely no record of my having reported a phone lost or stolen. I have done this now 4 times, and no doubt we'll have to do it again. Sprint should be investigated. They are taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers.

I was greatly disappointed at the service I received at Sprint. I just switched from T-Mobile to sprint save some money. The problem was I did not receive bill by email or mail. When I called and found regarding due date. I called customer service, have me an access online to see the charges. Customer could not even have me an access online because of pin number I don't remember and security question I don't remember. They couldn't even reset my pin. This is stupid. They said, you have to go corporate store and have them help you. It doesn't make sense. My bill is too high and I cant see the bill what are the charges on it. I think, I made a mistake to switch the service to Sprint. When I asked the customer service, how come I didn't receive my bill, and she did not have an answer for me. This is really frustration. Thanks.

Sprint said they "improved" security on their website and 2 days later my account is compromised and my phone no longer receives calls. Sprint didn't notify me when my account was compromised but I got an automated email saying that I authorized someone I don't know to make purchases. I called Sprint and they said my security question answer didn't work and neither did my pin. They said they would transfer me to the Fraud Department and then the call disconnected. I called back and they said that I had to make an appointment the next day and bring 2 forms of ID to prove who I am. The next day I show up at the appointment which they seem to know nothing about.

I was at the address and I had the confirmation email and code they gave me. They told me that my account wasn't locked and that I would have to reset my phone if I want to make phone calls again because too many changes were made on my account. I left because they said they couldn't do anymore. I got home and tried the "Forgot Password" option which said my account was locked. I called Sprint and the support person sent me an email to the "Forgot Password" option that I had just said didn't work. She then told me I would have to hang up and call a different number. I called it, 1-866-556-7310, and they said they would have a technician unlock my account and that it would take 24 hours. So I still have no access to my account and nobody seems to be able to actually do anything.

I have been on Sprint for 14+ years and did a new 2 year contract in Feb 2017. They have SCREWED up my BILL every month since then! Sent me a new free tablet that costs $2.00 a month and got a bill for $41.00 for the tablet and more money for protection I never ordered. I ordered the 25 mb plan for $2.50 a month and they have been billing me $42.00 for a 100 mb plan!!! I WILL NOT BE RENEWING with Sprint when my contract is up! Their ads say 1/2 half of Verizon etc. and they screw you any way they can! I am going to contact a Class Action Attorney!

I AM SO HAPPY that in a couple days my contract with this HORRIBLE Company will come to an end. I have been a loyal customer for many years, when I decided to bring my brother to join on the family plan when we went to the Sprint store they told me it would only be $80 more to my account and the first bill would be a little higher. After the first bill my Sprint account did not increase $80 like the rep said. (Don't be shocked. They are trained to professionally lie and cheat their Sprint customers into adding more charges to the account.) My bill went up to $170 MORE THAN I WAS ORIGINALLY PAYING... When I called in and spoke to countless reps and supervisors and even a couple of your social media people I was always assured that you wanted to help and that my bill would have discounts and BLAH BLAH BLAH TO LOWER THE PRICE..

This began in JUNE 2016... Every month, every chat, every new lie they come up with always assures that my bill will be lowered significantly the next bill and yet... it has only been discounts $3. Last month I spoke to a rep because I knew my account with you ** people would be over this month. She asked me to switch over to the Freedom line and how I was going to be charged only $60 per line. NO SURPRISE THAT WHEN THE BILL COMES THIS MONTH... it's 257.00 and when I asked the rep via chat what happen to the discounts I was promised... she told me to enroll in auto pay and FIRST she said it would be a $40 discount then she said she would apply $55 to my first line and $35 to my second line. When I told her I was enrolled in auto pay all of a sudden I only get a $10 discount.

The moment it came down to giving me what she promised me she then switched her tune... Don't fall for it people. Go on and read their reviews. It's not only me... DO NOT JOIN SPRINT. Trust me these last year has been a pain in the butt and you will never get a straight answer. #DONOTJOINSPRINT, #BOYCOTTSPRINT

I tried four times to contact Sprint to notify them of my Mother-in-laws death. On one of the worst days in my family's life they actually made it worse. The first time they referred me to a phone number that was disconnected, Twice they left me on hold or tried to transfer me and I was disconnected. And the final time they said it was in the works, but could give me no information on the timing or process. I cannot see any way I will ever consider this company as my cell carrier.

Sprint had taken over nTelos when I had my contract. My phone went out. Had to go to Sprint to have it replaced. The Sprint representative had told me that my billing due date would remain the same. Well the month after I had received notice that my bill was due which was two weeks before I thought I would have to pay, plus it was a week before my service date ended. Since I was unable to pay in full at the time I had paid half and the other half was paid a week before my service end date. I received my bill for this month and they had charged me almost a $50 late charge. Not only am I having problems with their billing my phone service isn't as good as it was with nTelos. A lot of times when I make an out call it states, "All circuits are busy. Try your call later" or when I am on a call it disconnects me a lot. Internet service is slow or it freezes up.

My next step tomorrow is to call Sprint and threaten to go to another service provider if they don't correct my issues. I'm not paying $100 and with a late fee. I'm paying $149 a month with terrible service. I was told AT&T is much better. I work too hard for my money for a company not to be more understanding and get their facts straight than to dish out money to a company like this!!! I would not recommend this provider to anyone.

I would give them a lower rating if I could. The Douglas Blvd (Roseville, CA) store manager is completely incompetent and unprofessional. The staff haven't a clue how to do their job. I switched from AT&T to Sprint with the promise that my pending bill with AT&T would be paid off. I was also told that if I signed up for auto pay I would get $5 off my monthly bill. When I arrived with my phone bill in-hand they denied it stating that they wouldn't take my old phone because of its condition (the same phone their employee looked over when he promised they would pay my bill). They also told me that they didn't know where I heard of the $5 discount because they don't offer that. I have paid over $200 to get out of doing business with this company and have gone back to AT&T. I'm okay with paying an extra $10/mo for better customer service and a decent level of business ethics. Sprint, you can take your crappy plan and shove it.

I rarely speak out on social media about my customer experience but I have to say I'm totally shocked at how this played out. If you're considering going with Sprint... run in the other direction to save yourself the pain and the expense 2 years down the line when your "two year contract" is up. More than likely, they'll keep charging you for a "lease" and won't bother telling you. The "contract" you sign to get your phone is probably actually a lease to infinity. You'll end up paying more and THEN require you to give up the phone or "buy out" of the contract to actually own it!!! They don't explain that to you at the outset.

If I'd known that it would have been a different story. I could have weighed the option out and been mentally prepared for the moment when I had to buy back the device I'd been paying on already for 31 months!!! As it was, I spent 2 hours on the phone only to be told I had no choices. Then told I couldn't actually pay for it on the phone, I had to go physically INTO a store. Then finally getting to a store and the PRICE CHANGED!!! I've been quoted $200, $130, $114.40, $160. Apparently it's whatever they feel like.

I don't know about anyone else but I have a business to run and spending upwards of 5 hours on trying understand and deal with all this has been the worst experience. When I try and access the online portal, it says I signed a 2 year contract but then lists that I have 30 months lease duration. When I clicked to download the Agreement PDF, all it comes up with is an system error message. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and crooked business practices. (See attached photos.) FULLY educate your customers on your production options and clearly communicate. Calling a LEASE a 2 YEAR CONTRACT is just ** sneaky. Include the buyout option at the end of the contract term on the Sprint portal. Don't make your customer figure out that if they don't buy it they still owe your company device fees into eternity.

When you quote a price to a customer, don't change the price after the fact... Infuriating. Let them pay for it over the phone or on the portal. Going into a store to pay for something after spending 2+ hours on the phone is just an added slap in the face. I would have this taken care of on day one if I could have paid it right there on the phone. As it is, I'm still away on business and finding the ADDED TIME and paying for an UBER to get there (more money and expense, thank you) is ridiculous. Let me be clear, it's not even the money at this point. It's the inflexibility, the time wasted, the lack of transparency, and the shifting numbers that have made me lose all lack of trust with this company. They've not just lost a customer, they've gained a very vocal detractor over $114. Well done.

Worst Company on the planet! I was with Nextel when Sprint bought out Nextel and Sprint was dishonest then, I was with AT&T for 12 years. And they raised their price on longtime customers. So I thought to Give Sprint another chance. Bad move, Their service was terrible, I would hear, "Can't complete the call at this time. Try your call again later." Had a family member call my number and they heard this is not a working number.

Imagine a Customer hearing that. Sprint couldn't resolve the problem after 3 attempts with customer service. In my case, I Did not receive the promise of 100.00 for switching for a year and never did. Also did not receive a referral of 50.00 and never did. So nutshell don't Believe anything that Sprint advertised. And be real careful when getting in a phone contract. Know everything about it. Because Sprint is real sneaky and will get you on the phones!

I was greatly disappointed at the service I received at Sprint. It has been three months and my problem has not been resolved. My phone bill quadrupled and I can not get an explanation as to why, this is after being held on the phone for hours. Every time I call, I get connected to a foreign help desk and the people I am connected to have no idea what is going on with regards to my situation. The Sprint store I went to also sold me a new phone and I was told it will lower my bill, which is clearly not true.

I received an email supposedly from Sprint and clicked on the link taking me to my account which said my 'leasing' option was ending & to update my account. Stupidly, I did. Once I put in my ID & password, I could no long access my account & the website was rerouted to another 'Sprint-like' website. I called customer service & was on the phone with people who had no training in phishing or what to do when an account has been hacked/breached. They ended up telling me they sent message to the 'higher ups' & while I was on the phone they started getting calls from other customer with the same complaint. Then they tried to 'SELL' me products to which I said "I'm trying to tell you there's a security issues, I'm not trying to hear a sales pitch."

Then the woman I was working with put her supervisor on the phone who repeated that a message was going to the 'higher ups' & that someone would be contacting me shortly. That call was at 5:15pm MT 4.7.17. I'm still waiting for a call to put me at ease that something is being done. I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years but I'm locked out of my account & not sure if there's a virus on my laptop, although I did run McAfee to see & it came back clean but it could be a new virus. Needless to say, I just ordered a new phone with "VERIZON", so all I have to say to "SPRINT" is "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!"

I bought two Samsung 7 phones at the Sprint store in Royersford, PA during a buy one get one free event on 11/19/16. After multiple calls to Sprint customer service and multiple calls to the Sprint Store in Royersford, PA, I am still getting charged for the "free" phone.

I have been a Sprint customer for over 12 years. Recently I was thinking of switching and asked Sprint if they would work with me to lower my monthly payment. If not I was going to switch. Well all went well at first. My bill was reduced. The customer service rep was awesome. That's the last pleasant experience I had. I checked and my payment wasn't as quoted so again I spent an hour trying to fix it. Then the payment went up another 20 dollars. Because it was prorated I only owed about half a month in March. Then I check yesterday and my bill is over 300 dollars again. More than when I began this whole debacle. I was on hold for over an hour. The rep was impossible to understand and refused to look over my account to see what had previously been told to me. Finally I was so frustrated I told him what he could do with his company. I am beyond disgusted with Sprint. I plan to find a new carrier today.

I have been a Sprint customer for over 20 years. Recently went in to have my two grown children transfer over to their own accounts. Asked repeatedly if they needed to turn in their old phones as both were getting new accounts in their names with a phone upgrade included. Was repeatedly told no as they had been under lease long enough for them to be paid for. Called customer service later and was told that there would be over 200.00 charged for each phone if they were not turned in. Went back to the store (Authorized Agent Sprint Store on Pennsylvania street in OKC) was told no we did not need to turn them in, spoke with manager who reiterated the same. Got a bill for over $800.00 the next month. Called in and was told it was because the phones were not turned in. Relayed the multiple attempts to turn phones in to no avail. One of the children still had the phone and mailed it in to Sprint. The other had disposed of his.

Two months later bill still about 600.00 and I called to find out why. Have been given no credit for the phone that was mailed in. No follow-up done on my complaint regarding the Agent repeatedly giving the wrong advice. Sprint said it wasn't their problem since it wasn't a "corporate store" Who knew that the Authorized Agent that Sprint approves to represent them can tell you any old ** and Sprint is not responsible for training them or redressing the errors costing its customers money? Needless to say I am canceling my account and filing a complaint with the FCC. I suspect that this is a money maker for Sprint when the old three or four year old phones don't get turned in based on the "Authorized Agents" bad advice.

I switched phone plans recently to purchase 3 new iPhone 7 pluses. Sprint had the best 'unlimited' plan 'price' and 'value', or so it seemed. Well it turned out the teenagers that were manning the store that day made every possible error in signing up our plans. Instead of the $220-$230 bill we were expecting, we got hit with a $411 bill. Luckily, the local Sprint rep was able to correct the error after 5 days of me constantly calling her, the store, and the store manager (the Sam's Club manager was the only one who followed up when he said he would).

Okay, so after 5 days, just before my bill was due, it did get corrected. But then it took me over an hour with 5 different Sprint service reps to do something as simple as set up autopay and pay my bill. The 5th customer service rep that I spoke with entered my credit card expiration date wrong and then claimed my card was declined and for me to call my card, which I did and they said everything was fine except for a single wrong entry. Well, while I was on the call with my credit card, the sales rep calls and leaves a voicemail to say she tried it again (without me on the phone and without my permission at this point) and the autopay was set up, but no mention if the bill was paid (which it wasn't). So, I had to call a 6th time and be placed on hold for over 10 minutes to speak to a supervisor who also could not follow simple instruction in a timely manner. I can't believe I left T-Mobile for this.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Thanks to a superior customer care supervisor, my issues were resolved, and very promptly I might add. I'm not sure what was going on with Sprint's customer service, but their response to bad publicity was impressive and they stepped up to save the day. I genuinely think this company is trying to measure up to the competition and may have some holes to fill along the way, but I am willing to continue my service with a company willing to step up and correct their mistakes. I have since had one mishap with my bill and it was resolved immediately and pleasantly. I hope this was just a bad week for Sprint. I guess time will tell, but as of now, they have me as a customer and I am pleased with their cellular service in my area.

Dana of Tampa, FL on

Original Review

My experience has been a complete nightmare and do not even know where to begin. I've spent over 14 hours on phone and chat in 7 days and I am a NEW CUSTOMER. Wrong item sent twice, mysterious charges on account, hung up on by rep that I spent over 5 hours on phone within a day, bill still not fixed, still don't have proper equipment order, can never speak to anyone with any authority. The reps all seem to be reading from a script, don't listen to the questions being asked and never solve the problem.

This has been a huge waste of my time and money and my problems are still not resolved. I am talking to an attorney. So, when the hold message commercial says "why wouldn't you switch?" I can list many reasons. I'm still waiting for my issues to be resolved but fear I will be out a lot of cash with nothing in return PLUS I now have to go through the headache of cancelling, sending product back, and finding another carrier. This is ridiculous to say the least. I have never had this many issues with one single business and they really don't seem to care. I am convinced that customer service does not exist with Sprint! Disgusted future ex-customer.

Sprint is a HORRIBLE company. I had move to an area where I got absolutely no service from Sprint, none whatsoever. I contacted them and they told me "well you should be getting service in that area." Ok. Yeah sir but I'm not! They made me jump through a bunch of hoops and just told me "sorry but its your problem. Not ours." I went and switched to Verizon because I needed a cell phone. Next thing I know, I check my bank account and they pulled out $700 because I ported my phone over to Verizon. I am waiting on Verizon to send me a prepaid visa so I can pay Sprint but now my bank account is overdrafted $600. I am a college kid who makes diddly squat. I am more than likely getting screwed ** backwards by sprint and I do NOT recommend them to anyone. USELESS company.

Read the online agreement very carefully. When Sprint initially takes your order they don't disclose any of the hidden charges. Their sale reps are very sneaky and dishonest. They keep the wiretaps for 30-60 days so by the time your bill comes due You are out of luck to prove their actions. I had a phone that was offered to me as payment plan with no extra charge but appeared that I was put on a lease program and after I paid the final payment in order to use the phone with other providers they wanted to charge me extra $193. Just terrible, terrible company. Yes, a little cheaper but not worth the time and hassle.

I like to login to Sprint.com regularly to check minutes, data usage, pay my bill, etc. NINE TIMES in March, the system required me to select a device for a code to be sent to, to verify my identity. I am using the same home computer as always, so after doing it ONCE, my identity should be adequately confirmed. I just spoke with a very nice woman when I called customer service (because the online chat is never available when I am in need of support). She told me that this is a new thing for Sprint, that every time I log in to Sprint.com, I will be prompted to take these extra steps to verify my identity. EVERY TIME (in case someone breaks into my house, logs into my computer and then orders a bunch of phones under my account). This is such a waste of time, and shows Sprint's complete disregard for my time.

I switched over to Sprint from AT&T to save some money. They were promoting buying out your contract or lease from other providers. The representative duped me in believing that my whole balance would be paid off. It wasn't and also they had lost one of the phones I turned in to them. Luckily it was found because I kept the original box with the IMEI. I must admit after several calls over 4 months I finally got Sprint to send me the prepaid card to pay off my balance to AT&T.

The next issue which is one of the most important is service. I have zero service at home and most areas; I use WiFi. I continually spoke to representative after representative with no resolution. I was sent a router but I returned it since I already use my WiFi for calling. It feels as though Comcast is my cell phone provider rather than Sprint. I tried to finally get out of my contract because I had no service. I mention it was breach of contract for me paying for service I am not getting. Accordingly to the last rep my area is in the "good" coverage zone and they cannot cancel my contract without penalty. I feel trapped by Sprint since I don't have money to spare to buy out my phones and leave their service.

Sprint PCS Company Profile