3.7/5 (1213 ratings)

About Sprint

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2021

Since writing this post Sprint has fixed this issue. As soon as I switched my SIM card and got it activated I was able to use my high speed.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I have been in contact with Sprint for over a week. I’ve visited 3 different T-Mobile stores and 1 sprint store. I’ve chatted with sprint on their mobile app. I was switched to unlimited high speed and got a text about it months ago at no additional charge. It was their idea to get everyone on one network. Everything was fine until I got a text from sprint telling me to switch my SIM to T-Mobile. I switched my SIM and it was not compatible with my unlimited being upgraded. I was still being billed under my original plan.

I talked to so many T-Mobile/sprint representatives and had my phone troubleshooted. I asked for a sprint SIM so I could just go back to their network that way my plan would work again under unlimited and they would not send me one! They were trying to charge me for shipping even though SPRINT was the one who told me to switch to a T-Mobile SIM to complete the merge. I have commuted to many different stores and spent countless hours only to get nowhere with them and get hung up on. Of course that would happen right? Sprint is useless.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I have been a Sprint customer since 2003. Yes, there were some bugs during all those years. However, Sprint quickly and graciously took care of my husband's and my issues. We happily continued with them, found their coverage to be good, and always felt we were getting an excellent value for the product and service.

With the merger with T-Mobile, ALL has changed. Our phones no longer operate correctly, we are getting poor service, and voice mail on my husband's iPhone is nonexistent. We have spent multiple days and too many hours, across several months, trying to resolve all our issues due to the merger. Tech support cannot correct the issues, customer support is horrendous, promises to call my husband and I on specific dates & times never happen, and they are unwilling to make any concessions to keep a long-time customer happy. After 18 years with Sprint, we are moving on.

Original review: July 18, 2021

BEWARE OF SPRINT/T-MOBILE promotions. This happened in the wake of T-mobile/Sprint merger. There was promotion in Apr 2021 saying that, "Return your old mobile for a new iPhone 12 Plus. You get a monthly credit of $35." I chatted with at least 2 agents who gave me same information. I felt it was not realistic but they explained with a good example. They pulled me into the black hole using their sales talk and made commit for the promotion. I too if it they made me enter into 2yr contract. I felt foolish when I chatted with their customer care today (July 17-2021) who gave a clear information that it is incorrect. I am sure there are more scapegoats like me. I am mentioning all this so that you don’t get into their trap. If possible move always from this provider. Spread the word.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Sprint's lease agreements allow them to continue taking money for a phone you've paid for in full. If you don't notify them on the last month of the agreement, you're automatically switched to a 'forever lease', where they continue to charge you for the phone, but do not apply it to the payoff amount. I should have paid off my phone in full with a payment I made in November 2019, yet they continued charging me the same amount that was previously going toward my 'payoff' amount, where I should have just been able to pay off my phone in full and only pay for the service. Their response is 'they couldn't assume I wanted to pay off my phone instead of continuing on a lease'. It's infuriating.

Original review: July 3, 2021

BEWARE! Do not order a Sprint account by phone. It's very hard to cancel or terminate a contract. I ordered two sprint IPAD with lines last June 10, 2021. On June 21, 2021, I received my orders thru UPS. Yesterday July 2, 2021, I opened my box and notice that my two IPADS has no sim cards. In other words, they mailed me 2 IPADS without a sim card.

How can I use my Sprint IPADS if there no sim cards? Without sim cards no internet, no SPRINT connections. I called Sprint Five different customer service and I spent almost five hours fixing my problem. My last contact was a manager. Unfortunately, she cannot solve my problem, I finally decided to close my account. Unfortunately, they want to charge me for breach of contract. Even I have not used their Sprint internet from June 10, 2021, to July 2, 2021. This is scary... My account number is ** to prove I am a Sprint customer. And my case number is **.

The moral lesson. Do not trust SPRINT. They are a liar. Imagine they just mailed my IPAD on June 21, 2021, and after eleven days of not using SPRINT connections. You cannot cancel or terminate your SPRINT account. Because they activated my account for more than 14 days. The problem they activated my account on June 10. But they delivered my IPAD very late June 21, 2021. Their customer service support is terrible. I cannot understand their accent. That's why I got mad and decided to cancel my Sprint contract. They need to hire professional customer service who are good in English. And can express correctly Sprint rules and regulations.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I had 10 business lines with Sprint Business. Never had to pay a down payment for an upgrade. Once Sprint merged with T-Mobile they wanted a $768.00 down payment to upgrade. They said it was due to the other phones that were owed on. I ended up paying off all of my equipment and still they wanted a down payment. I canceled my service with Sprint called and asked them to unlock all of my phones. I paid in full the balance due to Sprint. We went with Verizon and I have been calling Sprint numerous times and several hours to be told that 2 of my phones would be unlocked 24 to 48 hours. A month later they are STILL LOCKED to sprint. One was paid off 06/2020 and the other May 2021. I can't believe my company is being held hostage over phones that have been paid off!!!

Original review: June 21, 2021

They're doing this to every single customer's account!!! Lease to buy over 24 months. So you pay an extra $20-$50 month for your phone. After you have paid for your phone they keep billing you unless you tell them not to. Example my phone was paid off a year ago but I paid for an extra year on a phone I owned for a year. No money back. No nothing. There’s fine print that lets this scam legal and I know 10 people they have done this to also. People are suing etc. Boycott sprint and T-Mobile. T-Mobile claims it was before they merged so their hands are tied.

Original review: June 12, 2021

During the upgrade to T-Mobile I was told I needed a new phone. Needless to say I was told I could get one and be under my current Monthly bill. It doubled and each time I call they add $30 to my bill for customer service. My current charge is now 3 times my normal bill and they have agreed to remove the 3 x $30....but they cannot change to bill to reflect it. Note they could change it to add the money but they can't change it to reflect the reduction. So at the end of the month they will deduct the full amount which is $72 over the posted bill.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Been a Sprint customer 23 years. Dedication and loyalty mean nothing anymore. Told we have a 18 month contract, phones would be paid off and ours. I even called at 6 months before end of contact to verify date I would fulfill my obligation. Waited 1 year 5 months after contractual obligations fulfill (supposedly) to call recently as my bill went up. Charges are being added when I told them no charges from 3rd parties are allowed EVER. I asked call to be escalated to supervisor, the agent insisted she could help. After 40 minutes on phone with a very hard to understand staff member she tells me I still owe $$$ for 3 phones after 2 1/2 years of paying. Needless to say I was livid. Disconnected call, 2 hours later a supervisor calls me AT WORK stating "I understand you wanted to speak to a supervisor". I could not believe it. I informed her 3 hours ago, "I did know you're bothering me at work and told do not call me."

Bottom line I pay over 300 a month for 3 lines for last 2 1/2 years. I used to love my service but since they merge w/ T-Mobile calls drop service is delayed, echo on calls notification that I exhausted my unlimited text/calls/data. They lied when they sold me phones. They continued to lie when I call. Breach of contract is just the beginning. This type of deceit needs to stop with mega multi million dollar corporations. My bills are paid on time every time. I don't call sprint if a call drops or messages appear. I've given this company every benefit of doubt. Now I believe legal consultation is in order.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Complete Scam of a company!!!! Go get a Walmart prepaid phone before doing any business with Sprint! I closed my account with sprint 3 times and they still send me bills for a tracker they put on my account for "free of charge" back when I had their service. I only will receive a statement of collections as I have received three times every time I call customer service. Pay it and they tell me my account has been closed but three months later I receive another collections notice and nothing even though I closed my account. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS SLEAZY ORGANIZATION!!!! I'm currently with AT&T and 100% better prices and customer service.

Sprint Company Information