T-Mobile Reviews

T-Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5
Based on 2,820 ratings submitted in the last year

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Last month my mother got cell phone service from T-Mobile. She requested auto refill. At the time she complained they gave her no paper work. One month later she gets a message that her service has been suspended. Okay, I volunteered to go to a T-Mobile and find out what is going on. I talk to Yarron at a T-mobile store. He looks the account up and tells me -our account has been suspended, nothing he can do. I inform him that we were on automatic payment. He tells me -no we were not on automatic payment. I tell him that we were messaged by T-mobile that they received our money. He tells me Well, Mom’s account has been suspended. And suggests it was because she didn’t pay on time. I tell him we did pay on time because it was AUTOMATIC. He tells me -no we aren’t on automatic payment. I tell him we are and ask him -Then why/how did an automatic payment go through if we aren’t on automatic payment?

I don’t know what he answered to that exactly but he clearly felt it was either our fault or perhaps the original T-mobile salesperson person.He wasn’t able to

hear me, believe me or understand me. I am not sure which. He stood, immovable and yet I wasn’t satisfied. My Mom paid her money, needed her cell tomorrow and he wasn’t interested in helping us unless we wanted to purchase a new service since the old one was suspended. I asked him to fix the problem and he told me it wasn’t his problem. I was confounded by that and showed my frustration by not accepting it. I said he and T-mobile had to do something. He told me that I was being rude to him. Which threw me. I wasn’t personally being rude to him but I was very frustrated. He told me that there was nothing he could do, there was no manager, that there was no action to be taken and I should leave.

So, here I was, knowing my Mom had paid for a cell service but had no service and was being told by this young man that it wasn’t their problem. I videotaped him from here which bothered him and he stopped momentarily telling me I was treating him badly and I was being rude. Okay so it was highly unpleasant. I went to my car and called T-mobile. I needed a pin, had to change the pin. Was asked for a new pin number of 6 digits. Changed it to a number I know well by the customer service person entering into it. This customer service person was difficult to understand, he mumbled, paused often, very difficult to follow but I think in retrospect he was saying “opted out” a lot. Basically he finally said that my bank or credit card or whatever was no good and I had to talk to the bank. I called my Mother and asked her to call the bank and drove home.

We confirmed the money had been paid by the credit card so we called T-mobile again. We went through the whole thing again (except he wanted our 4 digit pin number, the one I had changed) but it didn't work. Again the whole sending pin numbers etc. Once again we explain the facts, Mom signed up for T-mobile cell service and paid on December 10th. She asked for automatic payment for next month. Which she always does. Her credit card has been charged but the customer service representative Patrick told her that she’d have to wait for 72 hours to get her cell reinstated.

Patrick tells us that my Mom must have: Opted out of the automatic payment. Once again we explain if this was true, then why was her credit card charged. He agrees to look at this and find that yes, there was a payment. He claims WE must have paid the bill so it will take three days to reinstate the cell. We tell him we did not make a payment, that it was AUTOMATICALLY charged to our account because we have automatic payment. He repeats the same thing, up to 72 hours to get the cell back. We ask for a Manager. We get Sam B. He listens and says that we opted out just after we made a payment. We tell him over and over that we did opt out, ever, and we did not make a manual payment, that it was automatic, proving we did not opt out. He tells us that we MUST have opted out because no one at T-mobile could opt out. Okay, we believe him but still, there remains the fact that we also did not opt out.

So what happened? We don’t know and T-mobile isn’t interested in finding out, they just want to believe, somehow, we did opt out but aren’t telling the truth about it. He claims that the automatic charge and payment on the credit card isn’t proof we didn’t opt out. We must have used a refill card to make a payment. We didn’t, we never had a refill card, didn’t know they existed and the payment came from a credit card. We go around and around with Sam, maybe for 40 minutes? No apology, no acceptance of responsibility by T-mobile, no recourse offered. During all this he tells us that several times that T-mobile is undergoing an “unplanned service enhancement.” What the heck does that mean? More importantly, what does it have to do with our situation? Sam B. doesn’t say, he just repeats it like it is information that should clear everything up for us.

He also frequently says that we are not the only people calling today. That lots of people are having trouble and calling. Not as a way of explanation that pertains to anything or within context. Except as a way of inferring we were being inconsiderate, like we were taking up time that other people might need. He kept repeating this, as if being told we aren’t alone meant we shouldn’t be so difficult, like T-mobile was an Emergency Room and lots of people were in pain and we shouldn’t complain since lots of people were experiencing problems due to the “unplanned service enhancement” that their engineers were working on. I asked Sam B. him how T-mobile was going to make this up to us, that my Mom wouldn’t have service for up to 72 hours? Would there be a pro-rated credit? Would they change her start date. "No," he said, "no credit will be issued". So, she is paying for a cell phone service she isn’t getting? That is fraud I think.

He even said that our issue has been noted but when I ask him what his notes say, he tells me his notes will say that he explained the situation to us. They should have just said the truth. What would be so hard about saying something like; “We’re experiencing technical difficulties, we’re working on it, we hope to have everything sorted out soon and we regret any inconvenience this situation might be causing you. If your service was interrupted due to any issues on our end, we will be prorating your bill.” Not try to disguise the issue and blame us for their issues or make us take responsibility for their issues. Just because T-mobile’s system is crashing isn’t our problem. I owe nothing to T-mobile. But T-mobile owes my Mother and I a lot. They promised my Mom cell service. Cell service she paid for. They did not tell us what was going on or even that they didn't know what the issue was. They didn't say they would investigate our issues.

They did not apologize for making mistakes or admit to any mistakes. Instead they told us they were undergoing a “unplanned service enhancement”. This sounds like a way to make their problems sound like a good thing. But it is obfuscation, pure and simple. A way to excuse themselves. A way to not take responsibility but also a way to make customers have to deal with issues that aren’t their problem. We get the run around while I’m told I’m rude, my Mom is told her credit card or bank has no funds, we told (accused) of opting out when we didn’t. We didn’t deserve the run around, the difficulty, stress and wasted time. I didn't deserve to be treated badly by Yarron. Everyone needs serious customer service training

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I switched over 3 of my business lines from Att to T-Mobile...It was the WORST MISTAKE! It has been a nightmare ever since. I was told that if I switched over I would receive a payment card in the amount I paid to pay off my phone with my old carrier (Att). Once all was said and done, they said that in order to get the payment card for PART of the amount I had paid to pay off my phone, I would need to purchase a new phone and turn in my old phone! THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED TO ME! They lie to customers just to get them to switch over to them and then like in a bunch of fees that they never mentioned.

It has been almost 3 months of back and forth and I lost money, time and my health on speaking with the representatives. This is only half of everything that happened, it’s too exhausting to state everything. Bottom line: THE SALES TEAM (which you never meet! Because it’s over the phone) lies to you, makes promises and then this person disappears and you are stuck telling the entire story to a T-Mobile customer care rep that has no idea what happened or why this sales rep said these lies UNFORTUNATELY, they cannot help you. Do not switch over, trust me, you’ll regret it!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I went to T-mobile because they had a program which fit my needs. Their service was poor in Tucson. I closed my account in November. This is January. To date, including November, I have been charged $370 for a closed account. I made calls every month asking for a refund and to close an account which they said was still open. They never closed that account until (maybe) January 7. Out of the $370 charged, they are refunding $90 and (supposedly) tracking a $80 refund (which seems to be non existent). So at the most, I'm being charged $370 minus $90 for a closed account.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

So back in September I went in to the T-Mobile corporate store in Federal Way to inquire about the buy 1 get 1 promo on the Note10+ they were offering. I was told we needed to add a single line on their plan and keep it for 4 months. I was told that my total cost would NOT change and actually would go down. I was provided a written contract stating the total cost would be $150 per month for all 5 lines plus the cost of 1 phone and applicable taxes bringing the total cost to $189.50 for all 5 lines. So.... I get my bill the end of September and it is almost $100 more per month.

I called and sent them a copy of the contract and they credited my account the overage and have each month until now. They also said they had contacted the store and were working to get fixed. I got my new bill the end of Dec and no credit was given. I contacted their customer service via msg and now they say.... "Sorry we don't provide contracts and haven't for years," (even though I have one) and will not honor that price as it is not something they offer. What do I do? So angry I can't think.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We have been customers of T-Mobile for 15 or more years. We recently changed our plan to the Military Magenta plan. S I am the veteran we also had to change ownership from my wife to me. This change took hours to complete. The first try the service rep was having connection issues so we tried back 2 days later. We then received 2 Bill's for December. One for the old account that was closed on the 9th (should have been the 7th except for the issue that there service had) for the full month and 1 for the new account prorated from the 9th. We spoke to the customer service who advised that we would not need to pay as we should get a new bill for the closed account. Today we received a call from their collection dept trying to get the whole month on the closed account. ANOTHER 2 HOURS on the phone again and all they can say is they understand and would we like to pay now? Pay more and go with AT@T, at least they have better coverage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

For 2 years I have been fighting with T-Mobile on not receiving calls. My phone does not ring, there is no record of the person calling me. Sometimes I will get a text from somebody saying they are trying to call me. The # is a business #. I have no idea how many potential clients have tried to call me that did not make it through. Sometimes my voice mail engages, sometimes not. There have been days where I have verified, by looking at caller's phones, where I have missed over 50 calls in 1 day. This is not an exaggeration. Those trying to call me have gone in with me to the local T-Mobile store where they have displayed their call log and compared it to my phone. More than 50 calls In. One. Day. verified in front of the T-Mobile techs. Another day had 34 that we verified to the store techs. In every single case, T-Mobile opens a ticket and closes it in a few days. Just up and closes it.

On one trouble ticket I actually managed to get confirmation from the tech that she tried to call me back 10 times, my phone never rang and never showed the missed calls. T-Mobile's response? They closed the ticket. Most recently (several months ago) I actually got connected with their backend support. They literally told me they have no idea what is going on, closed the ticket (as far as I can tell) and now refuse to respond to any communications I have sent. One incident over the 2019 Christmas/New Years holiday I have confirmed 14 calls in 1 day that never showed up on my phone.

Another effect of using T-Mobile that I have reported is when voice mails get left, often the voice mail does not show up for a while. On multiple occasions I have literally had people call me, ask if I had listened to the voice mail they left earlier or a previous day, only to have the voice mail show up while I am on the phone with them. In every case, T-Mobile did not care. One star is far too high of a rating.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Just had one of the worst customer service nightmares with T-Mobile that I’ve ever had with anyone. We on Tuesday, December 31, 2019, tried to use their computer chat system to sign up for new service. It didn’t work, so we talked on the phone. The representative told us we could get 3 lines for $100 if we prepay, which we did, and said the 3 sim cards would be delivered on Friday. So yesterday, Friday January 3, 2020, the cards arrive but there are only 2. We call and get a recording saying we’ll get a call-back in one hour. That did not sit well with me. We have a problem and their routine is to get back to customers in an hour—what if we weren’t free then?

In any case, they called. We (I say we because my wife and I took turns as this call went on and on) gave our info and our issue, talked a while, got put on hold, and then a different representative came on who knew nothing about our situation. We gave our info and told our story again, and again got placed on hold and then a different representative answered who knew nothing about our situation and we went through the routine again. This happened four times. We let the 4th know how unhappy we were. He assured us it wouldn’t happen again and put us on hold several times and kept coming back. He said over and over again, each time he returned, that the problem was that the payment was processed for two lines, not three. To T-Mobile, the fact we were mistakenly given two rather than three sim cards seemed an insurmountable problem that no one could possibly solve.

Finally, we said, "Forget it—just give us a refund. We don’t want to deal with your company because we’ve never had such horrible customer service before." So he tried to refund our money. We are now 45 minutes into our call. He says he’s refunding it and then suddenly we’re on hold and a new guy comes on, a guy who knows nothing about the refund or our situation. He is very nice and apologetic, but he can’t in his dept. issue a refund, so he transfers us to person number 6, who does in fact issue us a refund (we hope—will have to see if it actually happens on our credit card). The call lasted an hour and 15 minutes.

Also, we asked person number 4 to get us the supervisor and were told the supervisor would talk with us, but that never happened. I cannot fathom how T-Mobile is a large, successful company with customer service like this. Apparently, if a customer has what the reps consider a difficult problem (like the wrong number of sim cards being sent), they just hang up and let a new person deal with the troublemaker. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

So my family was going to open 7 lines with T Mobile and leading up to signing with them they were the nicest people in the world willing to help us with every step (it’s very difficult finding plans and phones which work for every family members) then after we signed and gave our credit card number we had our first sight of just how horrible they can be. Some of my family lives in a different zip code (school reasons) and we wanted some of the phone to go to different locations, no dice. They refused every time. We called. There was a two hour hold at minimum. Then our credit card payment was held due to fraud concerns. We called the credit card company and immediately tried to tell them it was ok.

The next day we call T-Mobile hoping to finish this laborious process but their customer service rep says, "oh the promotions are over. You have to pay full price.” Now these companies always have attitude in dealing with these situations but absolutely refused to do anything. We asked to speak to a supervisor, so Michelle come on the line and says (very rudely and dismissively), "Nope nothing we can do." We ultimately canceled the order but this whole process was very frustrating. This company does not care about its customers one bit. Their customer service reps are disrespectful, degrading and just not nice. It use to mean something when there was an agreement between two parties but not anymore.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

The being of the call, and it say seven minutes wait time. This wait time that I am waiting on this call two hours to speak to a customer service representative. I am so frustrated of this wait time to speak to customer service representative to discuss my T-Mobile bill. This unacceptable for T-Mobile having their customer frustrated on New Year Day.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I went to the T-Mobile store to purchase a phone and service for my business. I told the clerk that my business has a connectivity problem with other carriers. The clerk said, "Take this phone to your office location and try it, if it doesn't work bring it back." I did exactly that and returned it the same day never used other than calling their office to tell them it doesn't work. Brought the phone back in original packaging. 3 months later I have collection agencies calling me about some imaginary bill. Buyer beware.

T-Mobile Company Information