1.73/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

T-Mobile

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

4519 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Changed to T-Mobile after experience of not being able to receive or make calls on Long Island, NY and when in Oxnard, California. Having traveled to both of these locations again after switching to T-Mobile I have not had difficulty getting a signal.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have been a customer for over 15 years. I have no complaints. With all the new towers I am never cut off and reception is always good. Customer service is excellent. When my phone couldn't be fixed a new one was sent out immediately. They stopped making the model I had so they upgraded me to a 7S at no charge.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

T-Mobile is very Expensive after you get in the plan rates etc. They should give better Discounts for what they charge Especially Seniors who depend on their phone in case of Emergencies.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I got what looked like a good deal on a spare cell phone and account, but coverage in my house is abysmal. A couple miles to the north or south, in commercial areas, coverage is good -- nice strong signal. An online coverage map showed my home area rated as "good" for coverage, but it's awful, even if I walk outside. Very disappointing. I'm going to try a T-Mobile home 'repeater' that is supposed to pick up their (1-bar-at-best) signal from a window and send it around my house. We'll see how it goes, and I'll report back when I try that.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I bought the iPhone X today and the new watch and tried to port a number to the watch. They messed everything up and LOST my business number. I am losing money as I write... My wife is in tears and has vowed to go get a lawyer. This is not the only problem we have had with T-Mobile. I wish I had changed carriers sooner. The billing is never correct and if you try to make a change with your account be prepared for a nightmare. We have tried to make three previous changes to our account by adding a phone and they have made a mess out of it every single time. Do they not have a training course?? Or maybe thats what they train them to do... Frustrate people to death until they give up. Well, I don't give up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I hardly ever have to call in and talk to someone. I can usually resolve my issues in their app. If I do have to call, their customer service is awesome!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

T-Mobile just increased my 5 gig a month to 10 on June 3rd without raising my bill. So - though customer service sucks beyond explanation - the extra gigs are welcomed - even though I never use much of any of my data. I have hi-speed WiFi at home and rarely go out... But the $55 a month I pay for 5 gigs was a bad deal compared to competitors. Boost was my carrier for 5 years. I got rid of them because of bad customer service, and ended up paying more to T-Mobile for even worse.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

14 years ago I signed up with T-Mobile. I was refused by a few other providers and T-Mobile took my account. They believed in me and I am a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I barely use my cell phone yet they keep my bill at $40 + taxes. Not happy about cost. I've called them a few times about it and they seem to "try" to help me but I'm not too happy. I understand Republic cell phones or better yet OOMA is better. Will check them out.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I give it a 100% for my bill and the service is experience people who take the time to very be helpful with your problem, to solve and the plan to work with you right on time. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I love T-Mobile and have been a user for many years. I don't get dropped calls and the service area is very good. I would find it difficult to change providers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I've been with T-Mobile about 10 yrs. They continue to improve in each area. Service area coverage/no-drop zones and phone customer service are the most stressful for me. It's hard to get service at times when I travel. Phone customer service would be better if there wasn't almost always an accent barrier. At times, it takes a while to resolve a minor issue. Still, I'm not looking to change carriers. T-Mobile, I'm sticking with you!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

T-Mobile has been my carrier for the last 5 years. Customer service is AMAZING but coverage needs great improvement especially if I travel west of DFW.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

So I purchased a 64 gig Note 5 about two years ago. I bought the 64 gig Note five over the 32 gig because that was the phone and storage I desired. Well 22 days ago I did a warranty exchange because my rapid charging stopped working. I go in and pick up my phone at T-Mobile never being told that I was receiving a 32 gig. So I notice today 12 days later that it is a 32 gig instead of a 64 gig. I call and their only solution was to credit my account $80. So I'm stuck with a phone that I did not purchase and a carrier that lies, deceives and did not give me the opportunity to have freedom of choice to keep my 64 gig Note five. In a Nation where we are granted freedom of choice mine freedom was stripped away from me by this monster of a mobile phone company. Good luck if you go with T-Mobile. A very unhappy American and soon to be ex T-Mobile customer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Unreliable connections, call drop-off for no apparent reason, billing error so screwed up (they have not fixed my billing error for 1+ yrs, every month I have to call for correction, and every call they promised to fix it but never got fixed, very frustrating).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Able to use phones in many places that others cannot. However plans are becoming a little more expensive than others and phones are not worth the amount of money you pay for them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

T-Mobile one is great. I never have to worry about how much data I use, and if I have a slow use month, I get a rebate. Also, every Tuesday, I get a free gift. I have coverage everywhere I go and it's faster than my home Wi-Fi.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I enjoy the accountability of this company along with the credibility of the company. Customer service is fair and go beyond duty to satisfy you about concerns.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Three months ago I was informed I didn't pay my bill. Long story short, someone has accessed my account from within T-Mobile. They take my money from the bill pay and pay their own bill. Now, my access code has been changed. Their response pay my bill auto pay. NO, someone is doing an inside job and they want access to my bank? I've reported them to the BBB, waiting for their response since they have no solutions. I want whoever is stealing my money and changing my passwords arrested.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had them for a little over a year. When first signed up, I got the HTC One M9 for about $11/mo. The phone didn't work right and the screen became unresponsive. After a few days, I returned it and got the Samsung Galaxy S6 for $27/mo. I asked if it had expandable memory, and was told it does. I had other things to do, so I left it there to be set up. When I came back to get it, 4 hours later, I noticed my memory card wasn't in there and asked where it was. The guy that set it up already left for the day and no one knew where it was. It was a Samsung EVO 64GB microSD, which had a bunch of my pictures, including ones of me and my girlfriend that I couldn't get back. Needless to say, they lost the memory card. There was 6 lines on our account, which we had the lesser of the phones that were shared.

Our total bill averaged around $450 before taxes, which includes device leasing with only 10GB of data. The third month, our bill was $892, which didn't include any past due amounts. I looked at the bill and we were being charged for 3 devices we didn't have - the HTC One M9 I returned, a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, and an iPad Air 4 128GB. Then, a few months later, we started getting charged for 2 Bluetooth headsets that we didn't own. When we called customer service, we were told to go to the store that they were purchased at. Then when the Galaxy Note7 came out, I leased one. Then, there was the safety recall a week later. I got on the Note7 replacement program, which they were released 2 weeks later. Then there was another recall. Our next bill came, and it was $950 more than what it was supposed to be.

Yup, they were charging me for the RETURNED Galaxy Note7 that was under a RECALL! I called support again, and they said whoever set it up did it wrong. I was standing right there when we were setting it up and we confirmed that the phone was being LEASED and that I was paying the $30/mo for it. He called the support and told them. They couldn't help us and we were stuck with the bill that was an error on their part. I ended up with a Galaxy S7 which was about $30/mo. Then, we canceled them and went over to Sprint. We got a much better deal and are still getting collection calls from T-Dildo (I would call them a **, but they aren't real enough). After switching, it took over a week to get 2 phones ported over and we turned in a phone and paid off 2 and they said we didn't.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I switched over to T-Mobile in March of 2017, suckered like everyone else with the low price offer. This was one of those cases of you get what you pay for. The unlimited plan for 2 lines was $110 per month and they were giving away a 3rd line for free!!! All sounded great a reasonable cell bill. Day one started with problems, my wife's phone would intermittently connect to the network. So we went back to the store to get it fixed. They claimed some crap about the phone and said we have another offer going on, if you give us that phone we will give you a new iPhone & or the same phone Samsung Galaxy S7 FREE!!! And it will work on our network. Great, we go and do that, as we were told at the store we would see a $30 charge for the phone each month and a $30 credit to follow. It was explained that the reason was that they needed to protect themselves so they don't give us a free phone and we go switch networks, made sense, so away we go.

Now incomes the PAIN! The credit never came, in fact no credit ever came. It's like they stole my phone and made me buy a new one. I called each month talking to various service reps to get different answers each time. Each call wasting a hour or more of my time each month. To make this long story short 6 months later with some minimal credits they finally admitted there is nothing they will do. Don't get duped like I did, stay away from this company that steals phones from its customers under the guise of service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My husband is currently in the US Virgin Islands doing hurricane recovery work. In 1 week he used our 200 MB of data somehow. I tried to get his usage increased but was told he could only get a data pass for 50mb @ 15$ a week. Please explain to me how that helps! I was told there was no options to increase above that and regardless that my husband is risking his life to help thousands of people affected by hurricane Irma, the fee couldn't be waived and there was no way to allow him data. I'm extremely shocked at T-Mobile considering the unique situation my husband is in. I find it hard to believe that this company cannot assist the victims and disaster recovery teams or families for that matter of fact!

Comcast opened their wifi service to THOUSANDS of people whose lives were destroyed yet my mobile carrier can't assist! Then his phone got shut off completely by some "glitch." After spending over 24 hours begging for some kind of compassion & understanding T-MOBILE finally got his phone back on & allowed 50 Gb of data & waived the 15$ fee per week, it lasted 2 days! There is no wifi, no towers, no water, nothing on St Thomas!!! BUT... now he got a SMS that he will be charged .20 per minute for calls even though T-Mobile website says the contrary!!! I spent an hour in the T-Mobile store asking wth is happening now!! I was told there is no guarantee the charges would be reversed if they occur because the US VIRGIN ISLANDS ARE NOT ON THEIR LIST OF DISASTER VICTIMS?!?! Pretty sure that's called price gouging & taking advantage of a deviating situation!!

I am extremely disappointed in not only the lack of empathy displayed but also the ignorance of this company. The amount of insanity I have gone through on top of the stress of worrying about my husbands life has have been unimaginable!! I have been ASKED to see if my husband could go buy a SIM card! Does T-Mobile NOT understand that this hurricane destroyed St. Thomas! Where would they suggest he but one??? Online? Oh wait that's right he has NO data!! I was asked if I can mail him one... how would T-Mobile have me send it? Carrier pigeon?!?! I was asked to have my husband turn his phone on & off... UM HOW? They sent him an email to confirm his account so they can "research ". Ummm no data... How do they want him to get that email? Speechless!! I was promised a call back in 48 hours... Yeah nope!!

I called in asked to speak to a supervisor but was told there was NOT one supervisor on duty... Can't even find a smart ** comment for that one! Seriously dumbfounded!!! Please help me understand!! Wasn't it T-Mobile's CEO said who said... "We are gearing up to fully support our customers and employers through this monster storm,” CEO John Legere said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in this path.” Did that include PRICE GOUGING? TAKING ADVANTAGE OF VICTIMS? ENSURING RESCUERS CAN’T REACH THEIR LOVED ONES??? SHAME ON YOU T-MOBILE!! They advertise one thing but can't guarantee it! Someone needs to make sure they are doing the ethical & right thing!

My husband lucky has me, but what about the families stuck on the island!! Who's going to make sure they are protected from being abused by a corporation? Last time I checked they were & are US citizens!! T-Mobile has unlocked our phones and basically said to leave if we want, however the balance on the phones cannot be waived because another carrier will buy out our balances? They cannot also provide me in writing my husband will NOT be price gouged while over in the US Virgin Islands because other carriers are probably having issues too & that even if he is in the US Virgin Islands THE TOWERS ARE NOT! I was told there was no reason for T-Mobile to compensate or do anything else for us regardless or all the mental stress, anguish, and suffering I have been through the last 72 hours. I was told "Our other phones work just fine." To basically get my husband new service. This can't be legal?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

They just changed my plan without my consent and send me bill. When I called to solved the problem they twice hang up on me. When I ask for manager again they hang up. On top T-Mobile has very weak or no signal at all. Unlimited phone plan but many time without signal... or with two bars but still not able to go to some websites only if you on top of your T-Mobile signal have another wifi support from somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

T-Mobile's billing practices are very difficult to understand. When you sign up for "Jump on Demand" you aren't necessarily aware that you will pay the quoted amount for 18 months followed either by a balloon payment of the "residual value" vs restructuring monthly payments to cover this amount. When you try to pay these amounts off you find that there is a very brief window after paying your most recent bill balance. If you make payments at any other time they go towards the following month's balance and not towards the residual value. Also, T-Mobile makes a big deal about their unlimited data plans and binge video streaming. They are less clear to point out that when you use your smartphone as a mobile hotspot to project to a monitor or TV (as we do when camping) is limited to 10Gb/month followed by throttled down speeds making service useless.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have used T-Mobile since 2001 and have always had the best cell service as well as the best customer service even when I was out of state. I definitely would recommend T-Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Experience is great, just not happy with the family plan. I'm spending $300 for me and my daughter every month because I'm trying to pay for the phones, which is ridiculous to me. I become indignant, $300 I can purchase groceries.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

In comparison to the other companies that offers unlimited, they don't drop speeds. A little too much attention towards the younger generations and not mature groups. Don't like that you have to put down payment on phones with more storage capabilities. It should be that the taxes are paid and yet another option, pay it all out in payments...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I visited TMO store 9068 in Fresno to consolidate separate accounts my wife and I had with T-Mobile for 4 years, meaning we overpaid for that service over the period. They put my wife on my account, which resulted in changing her caller ID to my name. This has yet to be fixed. I was then offered a promotion to trade my iPhone5s for an iPhone7 with a 300$ rebate (including trade-in value). I picked an iPhone SE, paid for it in full and was told to go on TMO promotion website to redeem the rest of my rebate, complementing the $36 I got for my trade-in.

That did not work. I found that what I was offered did not match the promotion details. The store actually called me past 7 PM the following day asking me to go there before 8 PM so that they could fix it, since it was the last day of the promotion. They could also not return my old phone and cancel the whole deal either since it was already shipped away. I was promised on the phone I would be taken care of. But after the first day passed, no more follow-up. My letters to the store and to TMO customer service have remained unanswered so far. I am still shocked by this experience, never something I would expect from a company the size and ambition of T-Mobile. I just can't believe that's the way they treat long time customers! Giving them a few more weeks before switching for good.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Binge On not working on my account. Took all my data and my Stash... was ASSURED that it would be replaced and of course, it isn't. After numerous phone calls, after being on hold over and over and calls dropped and being told "Sorry, it wasn't notated so, too bad for you". I am now FURIOUS with T-Mobile's horrible service and customer service on top of that.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

When thinking about transferring my cell phone provider, I contacted T-Mobile to find out if my specific area had good coverage and was assured it did. Because of this, I chose to include my daughter on a plan with me and switched to T-Mobile. After doing so my daughter lost hundreds of dollars in business when clients could no longer reach her due to no coverage. I chose to drop her phone from the plan because of this but kept my own as I had coverage (for the most part) where I needed it. When canceling her line, T-Mobile customer service told me that we should have never been told she would have good coverage at her location as she was in a dead area and coverage was highly unlikely. They continued to charge my account for two cycles for a two phone plan. Anyone contemplating a switch to T-Mobile should think twice about doing so. The company is a JOKE!

T-Mobile Company Information