2.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 652 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

4652 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Great phone service and signal. Store associates are friendly but have no idea what they are doing that includes management. Also, customer support is very rude and not helpful at all.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Overall I really like T-Mobile. The pricing is very competitive, great phones & plans, etc. However, the reception is a little spotty in & around Atlanta, and poor when indoors. I'm waiting to see how the new bandwidth they invested in works out.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My experience with T-Mobile has been one in which they have provided Fair to adequate service but not as consistent and solid as their competitor Verizon. I've experienced drop calls and text as well as calls and texts that will not transmit. Since my needs are not that great the value is sufficient with T-Mobile and their service level good but not great. Definitely room for improvement.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

T-Mobile offers the most flexible plans, especially for those of us who have little to no data streaming. For three phones with unlimited text and phone calls as well as 2 GB of monthly data I pay approximately $100 per month with all taxes and fees included. I have noticed no degradation of service wherever I travel within the continental United States. T-Mobile more than satisfies my cellphone requirements.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We have been with T-Mobile for over 12 yrs and they have always treated us well. We had lived in a small town with less than 1000 people and never had phone trouble. Then 4 yrs ago moved to next bigger town of about 4000. Have had a little bit trouble with service issues, but getting better. Through the yrs. We have looked at other companies, but price-wise nothing has compared. As long as we continue to get good service and lower payments than any other, we will stay with T-Mobile!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile for two years, recently I paid off my Samsung Galaxy S6 and switch my service to AT&T. In doing so T-Mobile had unlocked my phone for 30 days and when I called and asked why numerous customer servers said that they didn't know why because the phone was paid off. I go into 3 different T-Mobile stores and they all tell me to call customer care.

I spoke to 5 different supervisors and 1 told me that I needed to return the signal boosters that they have given me due to the poor internet connection in my area. I had return the signal boosters. They had receive it on November 6,17 and once again I was told that everything was paid off and I should be able to unlock my phone. They had sent me numerous emails that was suppose to allow me to unlock my phone. None in which worked.

Yesterday, November 14,17 I called T-mobile and was told to wait 24 hours to unlock my phone and not to my surprise I wake up to unlock my phone with the T-Mobile unlock device app and the phone is still locked. It has been over two months of having a locked phone, that is completely paid off. I owe T-Mobile no money, my account balance is zero, yet my phone is locked and I feel helpless because there seems to be no one that can help me.

T-Mobile is an unprofessional, money scheming company and doesn't show any loyalty to their long term customers. Not one person that I spoke to ask to reimburse me the full amount of money that I paid for the phone in exchange of them receiving the phone, or an exchange for an unlocked phone. Something to compensate me for paying T-mobile for two years only to be stuck with a locked phone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Informative, professional, friendly and they are what they advertise! Couldn't be happier! Have been with T-Mobile! Phone I purchased from the store was also user friendly. Rates extremely competitive. We also purchased another phone from the store manufactured by T-Mobile. Great size and also user friendly.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Support people are excellent! But in store personnel, (at least my experience) that I bought my last upgrade from, did NOT fully or partially explain changes and new apps.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Customer service is really just lip service. Called about a service connection problem and they were only interested in selling new phones or service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My mother and I went to the T-Mobile store to see if they could troubleshoot my phone that was having problems displaying images. Though we realize T-Mobile stores generally do not fix phones, we previously had a good experience in which they managed to fix my mother's phone that had a similar problem. We had a five minute wait for an employee to help us. And when she did, Stephanie (I don't remember her name), the associate manager, barely had a plastered fake smile to present us while she asked what we needed today. As I was trying to explain my phone's issues she continued to interrupt me and had the worst scowl on her face. She kept insisting that there was "nothing they could do" because things like this should be handled through the phone's insurance. Personally I felt that she did not even know about my phone's problems since she considerately interrupted me every five words to shoo us away from the store.

My mother is not very fluent at English and the associate manager took the opportunity to cut her off as she tried to think of the right words to use, ironically for the purpose of allowing the manager to understand my situation. At that time, there were barely any customers within the store. Additionally, I had gotten some mild support from their twitter support account about soft-resetting my phone - so much for T-Mobile not being able to do "anything", at least someone over the internet could give some suggestions!

I had enough of her rudeness and just asked to see someone that was willing to help me transfer my sim card over to another phone. The man that helped us was a lot more patient, understanding, and took the time to troubleshoot my broken phone without asking any questions or insulting remarks. The process was efficient and he offered to some phone repair shops around the area that could assist me (even honestly estimating it would ~$200 to fix), but the disrespectful attitude of their associate manager still stings. Her behavior was clearly unnecessary and unprofessional to the point that I would much rather go to another T-Mobile store or switch carriers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was on T-Mobile website and was there to order a new pre-paid phone and plan. I chose T-mobile after 2 weeks of research on most other carriers and decided that T-mobile offered the best plan and phones that suited my needs. While on T-Mobiles website, I decided to ask a few questions via the chat option, regarding specials I was told about a pre-paid special which was a great offer! I was very excited and was ready to move forward with the order.

I was asked for a phone number for what I guess was a sales representative to place and complete the order, when the sales rep called she informed me that the previous rep gave me the incorrect information. I was pissed really pissed. The sales rep asked if I wanted to move forward with a order, I told the sales rep, "No Thank you," and graded the chat as very dissatisfied.

Then, I decided to send email correspondence to T-mobile regarding the terrible experience I just had and also pasted the whole chat into the email. To my surprise, T-Mobile called me and offered me a great deal. I was and am very impressed with T-mobiles follow up with me. I was contacted by Stephanie **, she was awesome, professional and friendly, She made everything Great. I am now happy with T-Mobile and am looking forward to being a T-Mobile customer. I got a new LG Stylo 3Plus!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've been with T-Mobile for almost 15 years, and have always been happy with them. Signal is good, rates are good and phones are good. I like them a lot.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Just wish prices were a bit lower. Plans are just a bit higher than I'd like & I don't really like needing to pay the initial deposit every time I get a new phone, even with the JUMP! option. Also, deals are always geared towards new customers, I'd love a loyalty reward for being a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile a long time and have never had any problems. Customer service is great and the people at the store are very helpful. Since I am a senior citizen they have me on a plan that I can afford.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've been with them for a long time. Their price is usually one of the lesser expensive plans and I like that you can stream Netflix. Sometimes the downloads/updates are annoying but it usually makes the phone use better.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have used T-Mobile for at least 20 years, the problems are few. However, when I do have a problem and call them, I get it resolved while on the telephone.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The T-Mobile sales/customer service staff have no clue when it comes to canceling an account. They told 5 totally contradictory things on how to go about canceling my account. They did some bait and switches. Told me I could unlock my phone and keep it. That's a lie! They don't unlock your phone even though by law they must! And when they do unlock it- you can only reactivate your phone at T-Mobile or AT&T. That's NOT an unlocked phone! I asked to cancel my transaction when I finally got the real story on my phones lack of future use, they refused. Then once the transaction goes through, they cannot cancel it and credit me back or refund. Thank God I called the fraud department for my credit card and the charge was cancelled. I loathe this company!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

T-Mobile, for me is very useful when travelling abroad. Free text within T-Mobile users, free unlimited reliable data especially in Europe. Packets is quite reasonable, though they still have patches of bad service in many places in NY and other states as well. I guess you can't have it all.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Not much variety in plans and lots of hidden costs. Would not buy accessories again as they don't stand by the product and you have to try and deal with manufacturers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I had T-Mobile and it was one of the worst experiences ever. Customer care was rude to me. The issues I called about were shoved aside. I'm in a rural area and my phone reception was so awful I couldn't hardly make a call go through anymore. I loved my phone but service was awful and customer care was even worse.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Switched to these guys a decade ago after Verizon which sucked for billing and customer service and then AT&T which was economical but was always dropping calls. Rarely have a T-Mobile issue and when I do they resolve it ASAP. My rate was and still is the lowest of any other service, I've check regularly.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

The T-Mobile customer service told me I was using my JUMP! to upgrade to a new phone. I received the new phone without a box to mail my old phone back in with. So I called T-Mobile and they assured me that all I had to do was bring my phone to any T-Mobile store and I could hand in my phone. I went to T-Mobile and they told me that’s not the case that I’m paying for both phones and JUMP! was removed from my plan.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I use my phone all the time and it usually works fine, but I get a lot of dropped calls when I am sailing on Lake Michigan. T-Mobile is doesn't have good coverage when you get away from the city.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

When I first switched to T-Mobile the service and the plans were not terrific but in the last two years the service has dramatically improved and the plans are out of this world cheap. The plan I am on is not available but the all in one is attractive with Netflix included.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

T-Mobile is an affordable and reliable company. We have had an excellent experience with them in the 2 years we have been dealing with them. Anytime that we have had an issue with our phones the T-Mobile representative was very courteous and knowledgeable and addressed and solved the issue promptly. We will continue using T-mobile in the future and I will recommend this company to my friends and colleagues.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

T-Mobile sold me a phone w/ an incompatible charger + a defective battery. They gave me the runaround for 2 months but never followed through w/ providing a compatible charger or new battery. I was charged for cell phone service never provided + they never provided a refund for the phone they sold me w/ the incompatible charger + defective battery. After 2 months, they dumped me on Microsoft to obtain a compatible charger + battery; they also gave me the runaround + never provided the needed + correct accessories. Then, T-Mobile required me to return the phone, which was fine, + sent me a defective non-working phone in its place to go w/ the incompatible charger + defective battery.

This was all done while the phone was under warranty + immediately after purchase from T-Mobile. They claimed because they sent me the defective phone to replace the good phone, but no compatible charger or working battery, they had "fulfilled their obligation to me." T-Mobile refused to provide any refund for the phone, charger, or battery +/or for the phone service they never provided.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Bought two Samsung Note 8's and an iPhone for my daughter. After three trips to the T-Mobile store, still had the same issue and was not given a new phone. Dropped T-Mobile for Verizon. T-Mobile refused to unlock the iPhone that we had outright purchased. The customer service line is a joke. When asked to be transferred to a supervisor, the same representative attempted to act like she was someone else twice. When returning the phone to the T-Mobile store I bought it from, the manager stated he couldn't waive the restock fee, but customer service said he could. Customer service also claimed they didn't have supervisors or a corporate office. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I feel very disrespected by T-mobile and I will NEVER ever recommend anyone this service. It’s a huge cellphone company, yet they are very inconsiderate and very unprofessional. Long story short, my brother Adam was a T-Mobile customer service rep, and he passed away on July 13. Since August, I have been trying to communicate back and forth with T-Mobile representatives because my brother still has a balance on his phone therefore we can’t sale or get rid of it.

I was told since the beginning that we didn’t owe anything and the balance was cleared out completely and that we were able to use the phone or sale it. Since they had told me that, I cleared out everything, deleted everything the phone had and reset to brand new. I tried to use the phone and I couldn’t because the balance was still there, for weeks I went back and forth with T-Mobile trying to understand why they lied to me and why the balance wasn’t cleared out. Again, the 4 different representatives told me that the problem was fixed and the balance was cleared and it wasn’t. Now we're in November and today I called again, still remaining calm and respectful and the first representative told me that the balance is now in the hands of a collection agency and he told me that I had to clear it out with them and he gave me the number to call.

Although, I was frustrated and fed up I agreed and thanked him and hung up just like I did with the other representatives. I called the suppose Collection Agency and it was fake it was the T-Mobile customer service number. So again I got transferred to another representative who connected me with some man not sure if he was a manager but he told me that T-Mobile doesn’t send balances to collections in situations like this. So in that case I’m responsible for my brother’s balance and there is a lock on the phone until I pay it. I am so angry and hurt because the phone isn’t even worth that much money as the balance and if that was the case I could’ve kept my brother's phone with all of his personal stuff in it.

Now I have a useless iPhone 6s Plus that I have here that hurts to see when all I wanted to do was get some money for my family to cover some of the funeral cost. My brother also had life insurance with T-Mobile but because of the way he passed they didn’t give it to us. This was very inconvenient for me I wish I was told since the beginning the actual truth. This is the way they pay back their own coworkers. My brother was so proud working there and if he was here knowing this happened to someone else I know he wouldn’t look at this company the same. T-Mobile is really about “Integrity”.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I contacted T-Mobile today and was advised they have a new policy that began 11/01/2017. Even if you schedule a payment to post LESS than 30 days after due, they will decline all payments to every 3rd party app you have set up through your phone, including Movie Streaming, Games, Google Play apps, etc. I was told I now have to uninstall and reinstall... Lost all my saved info in my apps because of 16 extra days to pay my bill. I told them they should have communicated this new change to their customers or at least when I set up my payment; the rep on the phone said, "yes we probably should have".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I attempted to become a customer of T-Mobile. I decided to go online after finding out I didn't have to turn my cell phones in. This information was given to me in the two stores I visited. The gentleman online said he often heard this. The employees in the store work on commission and the employees online do not. So I enrolled online with the gentleman acknowledging my Sprint contract didn't end until September, that was ok. I was given three sim cards and the cell phone ordered.

Meanwhile I received a bill for $140.00. I thought I was being billed for the phone. I called after my bank account was charged and I was going to be sent a refund. I never received the refund, and I never used this account. Now in September I received another bill for $176.00. I called asking for the $140.00 and why I have billed again this time $176.00. I was transferred eight (8) times and spent over two (2) hours on the phone before hanging up.

The next day I went into the T-Mobile store. The gentleman called customer care. He said a lot of um hmm's which made me very angry. He then hung up the phone and told me they would contact me by letter with an answer and credit if I was owed any money. I then called again a lot transfers and then I was told I would be receiving a check in the mail and the young lady would call me back to confirm my refund in three days. This never happened. I have recently received another bill for a statement credit of $176.00 and a new balance owed for $34.00. I HAVE NOT received a check for the refund of $140.00, $176.00 or $34.00. Can someone help me with information on where I should take this legally. I have been extremely patient and civil with T-Mobile and to think I really wanted to be a customer.

T-Mobile Company Information