T-Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought 2 Sidekick. The first 1 was stolen. They wouldn't replace it. 2nd one was defective and they say "Oh. Well you can't buy a new battery for that. We don't make them anymore even though your phone is only a month old." So they stole about 3,000 dollars from me. THOUSANDS LOST EVEN WITH INSURANCE.

I have a Hot Spot device with T-Mobile for $99 monthly with 22GB per month. I was gone and on vacation during a 10 day period when they showed me using my device, impossible as I didn't have it with me and it was turned off in a drawer at home. NO ONE had access to this device in my absence. Then the next month T-Mobile claimed I used half of my data in the first 4 or 5 days of my cycles... Also impossible.

I called in to T-Mobile several times and talked with IT, they created tickets to investigate and never got back to me with any positive resolution, only that I HAD used the data even when I was on vacation, at that time they create a 3rd ticket of investigation and I told them to cancel my account effective on 2/6/2017 if they couldn't resolve the problems, I heard nothing from them except another bill for the next month of service. At this time I had not used the device since 1/14/2017.

They didn't canceled my account until today when I called in but would not make effective date 2/6/2017 as requested but instead canceled as of today! I HATE this company, their IT Department sucks, their Customer Service Department sucks! DON'T get involved with them. They will strip you off in one way or another. In my case it was in GBs and a full month of service. What choice do I have but pay them or risk my credit being screwed up on top of everything else?

After over three years of being a T-Mobile customer with an excellent payment history T-Mobile is threatening to send me to collections for $34.31. While as a customer I never once made one late payment as my account was set up for automatic billing and I had a credit card stored on file. On January 2 I switched mobile providers from T-Mobile to Consumer Cellular. The reason I switched mobile providers is because despite my never having come close to exceeding my plan, i.e., voice, text and/or data - I was on the Simple Choice Plan - my monthly charges were over $104. Shortly after switching I received a bill from T-Mobile for the period January 2 through January 10, 2017. I called their offices, explained that the bill was in error because I had switched mobile providers on January 2 and requested they write off the bill.

When the representative refused to, I wrote T-Mobile. Of note is that my bill cycle began on the 2nd of the month, the same day I installed Consumer Cellular's SIM card. Approx. two weeks later T-Mobile mailed a statement for the period January 2 through January 10, having clearly ignored my letter. As of February 2017 T-Mobile continues to send me written demands for payment and call and text me during business hours and on a near daily basis. This harassment is clearly in retaliation for my having switched mobile providers. It is also adding to my out of pocket expenses for postage, text and voicemail they send during business hours.

We had a warranty and after a few times using it, they said no! I call them back and said since the warranty is not up then why can't we get additional insurance for our brand new _. Then in a few days we had our insurance on the T-Mobile _ reactivated again. Thanks!

Years ago I cancelled services with T-Mobile due to awful awful AWFUL reception. It was a fight to get out of contract. I reported them to the FCC. Before they let me leave contract they told me to try their signal booster. They said if that failed to give me service they would refund me my bill money from that date on and cancel my cancellation fees. Catch was I had to return the signal booster upon cancellation of the contract. I was fine with that and I agreed. Well sure enough the signal booster was a piece of garbage. I called them back. Told them it wasn't working. They didn't want to speak with me. I reported them to the FCC again!

Finally a corporate manager calls me back, cancels the fees and then connects me with a regular sales rep to finish my cancellation. After all was said and done I asked for the return address for the signal booster and they hung up on me. I called back tons and tons of times to ask and every single time I was hung up on. I went into a store and spoke to a sales rep in person and he called customer service and they told him it's too bad and I can't return it that I have to pay for it. They want $500 bucks for it!!! I refused to pay it.

I am going on 6 and a half years of a runaround trying to get this removed and now they added fees. They think they are going to charge me $911.79. Where do they even come up with that number. They are destroying my credit. When I call them they tell me to call the collections agency they turned it over to and won't speak to me. I dispute it on my credit report and T-Mobile disputes it back saying I owe it!!! I still have the booster in Perfect condition at this very moment and they still won't take it back. They said now it's outdated and I have to pay for it. What a crock of crap!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. The experience was awesome. I live in Nashua New Hampshire and have no issues with service. But when we go skiing at Crotched Mountain they have a hard time getting a good signal.

The problem started when I added the third line for my son to my account and I bought an iPhone through T-Mobile as a payment plan. I went to the store to do that. Every month I got a different bill but you can say it's more money every month. When I said the bill is outrageous and I can't pay it we decided to put my son phone in seasonal suspension which was free when I spoke to T-Mobile but later I discovered later that I was paying for the service.

Then we decided to pay off the phone (the money that we owe to own that phone). We did; four month later the bill still too high, I called their rude and nasty customer service who yelled at me and hang up the phone while I am talking and I was told that the phone was leased and I still owe 300$ for the phone. I'll pay that money since the account is set on autopay and they have my ss#. My advice to everyone stay away from T-Mobile and their poor service and nastiest management.

I signed up for T-Mobile after they promised me exceptional service and my bill was going to be 84.00 a month. Service is horrible. Most of the time it has to piggyback off of a WIFI. Well I didn't purchase a WIFI phone I purchase a cellular phone. It doesn't work at the train stations in Center City Philadelphia. I have called customer service 4 times. The have also lost 2 blocks of text messages and their only solution was to purchase backup software. T-Mobile is a bunch of Liars who have horrible service and play bait and switch. My plan went up to over 100 dollars a month.

I've had my phone for a little more than six months as part of a family plan. I'm happy with my service. Actually I have trouble with WI-FI but that's a whole different company. I have never had a smartphone so it's kind of a learning experience for me. But all in all I'm happy with it.

While the telephone services is fine, when my account set up for automatic billing, I have had billing problems with them where they bill twice for the same month, on the same day, just minutes apart. When I finally got them to correct their mistake, they billed me a $25 late charge, promised to reimburse it, but never did! Amazing! Stupidity abounds!

Salespeople misrepresent bills. Purchasing my previous plan turned out to be a scam and was given a variety of stories from salespeople. I was left with a bigger bill from my previous plan than was explained to me when I switched.

Poor phone service. Crawlingly slow internet. Phone calls that aren't returned. Emails that aren't returned. Customer service personnel who are friendly but poorly trained, uninformed and who contradict each other. T-Mobile is what hell must be like. Avoid at all costs.

I had purchased a note 7 when they came out and when they were recalled I returned and got a s7 and was told I would get credit of $125 on my bill within 3 bill cycles. All the agreements were lies and had to argue to get any type of credit. They always say one thing and then do another thing. Do not believe what they say to you even if it is in writing. They only want your money and not take care of the customer or follow through with promises. Horrible company. They lure you in with lies so you will leave and then come after you for hundreds if not thousands of dollars for canceling.

I live on the Florida Keys and the issue is that there are no sufficient communication or cell phone towers in the keys so the service is bad. No matter what service I get is always the same so maybe any company that fix the problem and maybe get better reviews from the Florida Keys.

I'm super Happy with my unlimited phone plan. It's the best value I've ever seen in any phone company I've had. The quality is great and service is amazing. I've used them in the past and they weren't as good as they are now. I'm very impressed with how much better they have become. They have Great phones and fast service, and I plan on staying with them for a very long time.

RE: T-Mobile Operations, Alcatel Evolve 2. Purchased my first phone in January from T-Mobile online, an android. It has been an unbelievably frustrating experience. I told T-Mobile this was my first smartphone and the man told me the Alcatel Evolve 2 was a great phone for what I need. I was moving to Houston from Ft. Worth, Texas and put it aside for a month. When I picked it up, needed it, purchased more minutes as it was a “prepay”, it was not working properly. I did not understand what “prepaid” meant but I have since found out it has disadvantages I should have been informed of as I spent a lot of time with the salesman on the phone. I since spent many HOURS on the phone with their support and finally proved to their satisfaction, after much ado, it was malfunctioning.

They sent me a return label and instructed me to remove the card and battery. I wasn’t about to do that myself and took the phone and label to T-Mobile store number 8058 in Houston. When I got there a young woman, I believe her name is Nohemy, removed the card and battery, gave them to me, and packaged the phone. When I asked her to give it to UPS, she refused saying they only pick up every other day. Fast forward to February 15th. I received the phone and next day, today, the 16th, I took it back to the store. The young woman who helped me was not there. Jiver approached me and was very rude immediately asking in a prosecution tone, where was the back of the phone? I was taken aback by his manner and frankly was afraid of him. I told him I did not like his attitude as I felt like he was attacking me from the start.

He stated, “I didn’t say…” I interrupted him saying, “It’s your angry posture, your attitude.” I was being chastised by a strangely antagonistic man who insisted the woman who packaged the phone would not have sent the back of the phone part to the factory. I just insisted she did not give it to me. I became very frustrated with him right away. Next, asked for the manager. When I was directed to Rick I was shocked. I had noticed him and saw he was singing to the music over the speaker in the store and his entire body was in a jittery state. His legs were moving constantly in jerks and I realized he was hopped up on drugs. I asked, "Are you the manager?” I was shocked. He also went into a spiel of shaming me and chastising me about not keeping the back of the phone. He told me the phone was not made by the company anymore and there’s nothing he could do.

This is when I went ballistic and insisted he take care of it. He then said he was going in the back room to “look for it.” During the time he was in the room, probably 15-20 minutes, Jiver kept glancing at me while going in there and staying. He did this twice. He was gone for some time when I knocked on the door. Another man came and I said, something “I am just getting started with you here. Don’t play games with me.“ I did not believe for one minute Rick was doing anything in that room to help me. Second time I knocked on the door Rick appeared and another person introduced himself saying he too, was the manager. This man was called Atif. I again, explained the situation to him and he too, downgraded the phone I had purchased from T-Mobile and proceeded to order the part online for me Saying he would credit my account.

I was, by this time, quite furious with the base level attitudes of these men I had to insist help me. I then caught the other “manager”, Atif, looking over at Jiver and laughing literally behind my back. I told him I was going to report this and that I know about the drugs. He seemed to hold his breath and go straightfaced for the rest of the transaction. As for me, I was LIVID. He told me I can return to the store when I get this part. I told him wild horses could not put me back there. To be aligned with a company that takes drug addicts and immature angry and irresponsible kids and puts them in charge is the absolutely pits. I will be telling everyone in my path for the rest of my time what a loser company this it.

I was treated deplorably from the get go. As if I had done something very wrong by just purchasing this particular model phone. And challenged by all 3 men who insisted my story about the part was not possibly true. It was disgraceful and when I left, I felt like I had been through a WAR. The level of disrespect, incompetence and rudeness combined with venom from the start with Jiver was impossible to convey in a letter. When I got home I checked the messages remotely on my line that again, wasn’t yet useable. It was a message from T-Mobile saying this was my last chance; that the warranty was up on my phone. The phone I had for 2 months and cannot yet use. I then had to spend an hour, yes, an hour, on the phone with T-Mobile explaining and re-explaining the situation to him! UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE. My personal belief is that these men are running drugs in and out of that store. Nothing will change my mind about that.

I have been with other companies (AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus) and I really feel that for my use (low) I have the best plans. I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air 2 that all have plans on them and the price is fair. I'm retired female and just like to keep it small. I don't do a lot of texting (Yet!) but I do like to keep in touch with family and friends. I'd still be with my iPhone 4 if all my apps worked so I guess I'm just a gal that likes to keep it simple.

3 days, no cell service. Called CS and told working on towers. We received NO email. We missed call from Doctor across town called and we made trip across town not knowing of change. No service in many parts of US. Needed help in emergency, NO service!!! Today AT&T has 5 lines, DirecTV, Great computer service. Done, after 15 years.

Yesterday, two T-Mobile reps visited my place of employment, trying to get me to switch from my Verizon account. In order to give me a quote, they needed my info. I asked and was ASSURED that they were not doing a hard credit inquiry. I asked twice and was told, twice, it was a soft inquiry. T-Mobile couldn't come even close to what Verizon gives me ~ to the point they wouldn't share the quote with me or give me a copy. The reps left without giving me a business card, a quote, or any other form of contact information. Shortly after, I receive a notice from my credit monitoring company regarding a HARD inquiry from T-Mobile.

I spent the next 2 HOURS getting bounced from one TM rep to another. TransUnion requires a letter of deletion from TMobile to have it removed from my credit. One rep said that was ABSOLUTELY possible and gave me a number to call. Bounced around for another 30 minutes. I call the knowledgeable rep back but was unable to talk to him. He was there, mind you, but he was at the end of his shift and couldn't take my call. I would have to wait 48 HOURS to be able to speak with him again. When I finally lost my temper, I was given a PO Box in Albuquerque, NM to mail a request to. Are you kidding?!! First, I've been on the phone for 2.5 HOURS to get this resolved. Second, the main offices are in Bellevue, Washington.

I also emailed the privacy department for T-Mobile with zero response. Since there doesn't seem to be a single person at T-Mobile that can address this issue, I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and, now, Consumer Affairs. If I had simply misunderstood what the sales rep had told me, that would be on me. However, the rep lied to my face twice.

My in-laws made some international calls by mistake and of course that drove up my bill. The customer service I received was exceptional. I spoke with the team from Richmond, VA and every one of them were understanding and helped me resolve this issue to my satisfaction. Shout out to Keisha/Sasha, Muneca, and Wuana/Wanny. Sorry if I misspelled the names. I rarely have issues with T-Mobile and have been a customer for over a decade. This is the best company ever.

I have been with T-Mobile for 7 years and never have I been treated so badly until the last 3 years. T-Mobile will tell you anything just to get you off the phone and keep their product. I moved to Vegas almost 2 years ago and questioned how good the coverage in the city was. They lied and told me it was fantastic! I get here internet doesn't run fast because of congestion as they call it. Phone calls drop left to right in the major portions of the city and bad reception to where you have to hang up and call back multiple times. Then have the nerve to bill you with no adjustment and you have to threaten to leave them in order to get anything done.

Their phones are second rate and you pay sooo much for a device that starts giving you problems as soon as the warranty goes out. I recommend anyone who is even considering on going with T-Mobile to rethink that choice. God forbid if you need to call 911 and your service is with T-Mobile. They are not the same as they use to be when I first started and frankly will get worse as they have proven to me. 7 years down the drain and I've called them more than my own mother. Ridiculous!

There is always a problem especially with your bill, but whenever you called especially a customer who has been with them for a long time, me since 2003 they will go out of their way to help and fix the problem as best as they can.

This whole switch to T-Mobile and save is for the birds!! On November 18, 2016, my wife and I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. We met with a sales person in a Pennsylvania store. Everything was going great. He informed us of the process of how the rebate card worked and that he would personally take care of this for us. All he needed from us was the final bill from AT&T. Great! Final bill emailed to sales person the beginning of December. One less thing we had to worry about. He assured us that it would be enough to adequately cover our final bill with them. It would take approximately 6-8 weeks to receive said card(s). No problem!!

Fast track to the beginning of January. I asked my wife if "We received our rebate cards from T-Mobile yet?" She indicated, "No. But let's give it another week because of Christmas and New Year's." Valid point. Not a bad idea. End of January still nothing. My wife sends our sales person a text to see what the status is of the card(s). He proceeds to inform her that he never received the final bill from us when back in December he confirmed this. We have all of the text messages to prove all of this. Fine. No problem accidents happen. She then texts him last week to find out the status of the rebate. We were then informed he completely forgot about this!! How do you forget about a customer after all of this communication with them?!?

We then inform him that he has until the close of business on Friday, February 17, 2017 to have these cards in our hands or we will be going to another provider. Claims his assistant manager at the store will be in contact with me on Monday (today) in regards to the matter. No call!! Great customer service, right??

I spent all morning on the phone with customer service (which I should not have had to do) trying to resolve this issue. While they were helpful in helping to resolve this, the problem remains that what they indicated in the store and what the value of the cards are worth does not even come close to the amount due to AT&T. I should not have to put out any additional monies for this issue with all of the inconveniences that have been caused from this matter. I cannot believe an additional $500.00 to compensate a (new) customer for being misled at the store is an unreasonable request.

I personally, wouldn't allow this to happen in my store because of an employee's negligence. Maybe this individual is just there because to him it is just a J-O-B. He did text me today indicating that he would be emailing me about all the information he found today. I don't need an email indicating the work I did for him. If you are considering taken advantage of this "great" promotion, better think twice before jumping. The grass is not as green as they portrayed it to be.

It's not bad. Better than most others concerning price and quality of service. My negative issues with them are (1) I never see the same employee twice in the stores and many do not have the proper knowledge about the product they are selling. Have also noticed a decline in customer service skills. (2) Traded malfunctioning HTC ONE in on insurance plan and received a Samsung instead because "they didn't do HTC ONE anymore on insurance". This forced me to buy over $150.00 in cases, screen protectors, chargers and cords because the new phone has a different kind of plug in. Very disappointing. Still, they are better than many others.

Do not ever or never get to T-Mobile wireless. Stay with any wireless company you are at, you might pay little extra on your wireless bill but it is worth it. Trust me you people do not need any frustration, dealing with T-Mobile customer service is worst than any bad thing in your life. Stay away from T-Mobile and enjoy your life.

Signal is not reliable and when we switch Rep. Told us that they will take out iPhone 6 and we get the new iPhone 7 and pay only the tax $54.00. Now T-Mobile is charging us every month for the new iPhone 7 and we try to leave the Provider. They said we have to pay all the iPhone 7 that we took. This was taken last Sept. 2016 when they have promo. Now the payment is not stable and they want paperless and we cannot get where all this charges coming from. It's suppose to be $160 every month for 4 lines but sometimes it jumps from $173 to $220. We went to the store we get and she said she make mistake but can't fixed. It's so deceiving their promo.

13-year customers being forced out of original contract / never ex. We have been with T-Mobile for 13 Years or more and we signed the original contract 13 years ago. This contract automatically renews for two years if ANY change is made to the plans features or phones. I have gone through well over 50 phones on my line alone and then I have the two brothers and my father, who originally signed that contract and is the primary on the account. THAT CONTRACT NEVER EXPIRED. Mostly because they use beta phones to sell for $500-$700 to their consumers and would then HAVE to have the three free phones in a 12-year period option. Because they were beta (tester phones) we would have to pay those hundreds of dollars upfront too... we didn't get a payment plan like they keep calling the upgrade these days.

The upgrade on our contract was like $25-$50 for a new phone that was better than your current... because they were all crap. Then the contract renews because T-Mobile frequently makes changes to your account and plan features without your consent or knowledge. That's right. They FREQUENTLY make changes to our plans and accounts without our consent or knowledge. When we would get our bill and notice the change, we would call and ask and they would literally admit that THEY THOUGHT it would be a better plan for us because it saved us money or had more benefits somehow. We would also have auto pay so sometimes a few months goes by before we notice and we point out how horribly illegal this is and they refund and change it back.

This happens over and over and over... and to top it off, every single time these crappy phones give out and I need to replace it, they tell me I need to either buy a new phone on their payment plan or get a refurbished phone (for the one I paid hundred and hundreds for and they give me a stupid refurbished phone in return and don't consider that theft. They steal half the value of the phone every time. They do that when they break down within the first year, WHICH IS ALWAYS).

Why are they telling me this every time? Because they don't offer contracts anymore. I don't care if you offer them or not. I had one when you did and IT NEVER EXPIRED because your phones suck and your operation are borderline federal offenses. Especially when you tell your consumers, while they’re recording you, that they delete all of their consumers previous contracts and that they have no supervisor or boss or just refuse to escalate until your start screaming like a psycho at them.

Then they magically find your previous contract or that boss they never had... still they insists that it HAD to have expired because it shows it expired. What date did it expire? They don't know so it must have been two years after you signed it... are you serious? We've been with you 13 years and you didn't cut your contracts until like five years ago. So what happened with the seven or eight years in between? They promise to look but tell you all they're going to find is that my contract expired exactly two years after we signed it... 11 years ago? Nine years before you cut out contracts? No... I tell them to look for ANYTHING that would prevent the ORIGINAL T-Mobile contract from expiring for the entire duration of our 13 years of service. They say 24-48 hours and now it's Sunday... no one called.

This all started when they bullied me into paying $700 for an iPhone after I got fed up going through 12 Samsung in a two year span that kept shutting off or losing sound all together... their phones are awful and they are stealing from all their current no contract users even more than the one who are grandfather clauses in with the original contract because of it. They can't keep getting away with lying about escalation, file keeping practices and also telling us we aren't allowed to record them. You record me. I automatically have the same right and you don't get to try and impose a company policy over federal laws. PERIOD.

I've had other cellphone providers. My phone constantly dropped calls, and they had horrible customer service (too many issues to put in less than 100 words). I finally switched to T-Mobile - never a dropped call and the customer service is amazing - friendly, professional, helpful and are seem to be genuinely concerned that I am a happy customer.

I keep getting a bill from T-Mobile. I have never had a T-Mobile account and use Virgin Mobile USA for years. I don't know what is going on but they have my name, address, ss number. I'm afraid my info has been hacked or stolen but they will not talk to me. What is going on with this company?

We have been T-Mobile customers for about 10 years. About a year ago my wife's phone quit working (just after we finished paying off the $600 we paid for it). She went into the store in Mall 205 in Portland and they said that it could not be repaired and talked her into another $600 phone (plus a $30 cover of course). Well that quit a few days ago. It is a 4GL and she researched it and found that it is an endemic problem. (Sprint are replacing them for free). Went into the Mall 205 again and they said there was nothing they could do. They would sell her another $600 phone and give credit for the $189 still owed on the dead one. Of course she fell for it but got about $40 less than the $189 credit and of course a new $30 for a cover. What a racket.

Mine went tits up about two months ago and they tried the same dodge with me. I said 'no' and got a better phone at Target for $55. Thoroughly disgusted with T-Mobile. They try to rip you off any way they can. And BTW, covers were only $10 at Target. And both times they kept her 'broken' phones which I am sure they recycle for $$$$.

T-Mobile Company Profile