3.7/5 (1204 ratings)

About Sprint

Sprint has merged with T-Mobile.

Sprint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had been a long-time Sprint customer, but switched to another carrier after their merger with T-Mobile. Why? Because I was losing/dropping calls. I had tried T-Mobile several years ago, but quickly switched back to Sprint because of this. My complaints? Monthly Sprint overbillings that created an "unused credits" balance of $787.17. It should be noted that in my Sprint account when logged in, it stated that this amount may be refunded to the customer. Like in Sprint cutting a check to the customer. I needed a new phone and purchased an I Phone 12 Mini using my credit card. I bought this phone from Sprint. Big mistake! Why?

#1 T-Mobile/Sprint is including my purchase of this device as "current charges" on my final billing. This is incorrect as the device was paid for 100% using my credit card. I am being overbilled to "absorb" the balance of unused credits, so they don't have to pay the overbillings that occurred under Sprint.

#2 T-Mobile/Sprint will not unlock my device. Their policy is that a customer must stay with them 45 days after purchasing any device. I had to purchase an unlocked I Phone 12 Mini on the open market. This is infuriating, to say the least.

I have tried to resolve #1 above using the Sprint "chat" feature. The representative, while cordial in their chats, did not understand or was sticking to a "script"....They acknowledged that I had paid for my device 100% using my credit card....yet used circular, illogical, reasoning, for why this device's cost was showing up on my final billing. As an FYI, I am a retired governmental auditor, I'm a CPA & CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)....I have a lot of experience in reviewing/auditing contracts and billings. I am not claiming fraud (yet) but if the actions per #1 above were intentional versus inadvertent errors, and not resolved....then T-Mobile/Sprint is going to have a problem.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I beg anyone considering Sprint/T-mobile to run as fast as possible in the other direction. NEVER buy a phone from their website. They supposedly delivered two phones to my house via UPS. I received and activated one. The other one wasn't received. They have been giving me the runaround for 2 days. I have spent about 5-6 hours on calls with people who seem to be actively blocking me at every turn. I will be leaving this service - by buying out the new phones I just got. Worst case I lose $800. Not ideal, but probably worth it for getting out from under this horrible company.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Disappointing and unprofessional to say the least. I have been a loyal costumer to Sprint/TMobile for 22 months now. Faithfully paying $300 a month which includes an unlimited plan for the 5 phones on my account and financing for these same phones. I was told by their salesman upon signing that I had Apple Care on the 4 Iphone 11's and that I can get rid of the insurance on them after the first bill and that they would still be covered if damaged. In closing, 4 of my phones are either broke or stolen. I have spoken with over 10 reps from their office and 2 people from their warehouse and still do not have working phones. They refuse to transfer my accounts over to phones that weren't bought from their warehouse. At a loss.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Excellent service-despite T Mobile merger. I have had great experience using the chat as well as speaking with people on a weekend. The convenience of making payment arrangements. I have been a long time customer with Sprint and they have helped me when I needed it most.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Sprint has always stood by me in financial assistance as well as, keeping my phone repaired when needed. Service is quick and customer service is wonderful to deal with. Repairs are handled quickly and efficiently.

Sprint response

We're thrilled to hear this, Rita! Thanks for being a loyal customer.

Sprint, now Part of T-Mobile

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Since Sprint became part of T-mobile, you do not know who you are dealing with. T-MOBILE will offer you a deal that you accept and after the deal has gone through and you have had it for a few months, Sprint will tell you that T-MOBILE had no authority to offer you the deal and your bill become twice as high. TM offers you a free gift for for being a valuable customer and you are charged a recurring bill, for some reason each month. Just like these new free 5G phones they are requiring to take, with an update charge, activation charge, administration charge and recurring charge of about $25. (Not free), plus you have to agree to another 24 month contract. T-MOBILE allows you to deal with them.,, Sprint knocks that down and says you can't, even tho they say they are now part of T-MOBILE. Their service has become a lousy nightmare since they merged.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

They have steadily become more difficult to work with. You can't pay your bill in cash at a store without a cash payment fee of five dollars for one. And they don't handle any problems in the store. They direct you to call the customer number. Seems rude. They say they handle repairs but they send the item out most of the time and they won't exchange faulty equipment any longer like they used to at a store. Maybe it's all so to the T-Mobile merger. I don't know but it's annoying.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I feel that the customer service representatives are very informative. They try to help you resolve the issue without any pressure. I haven't experienced a problem with the company. I think I have been a customer for 4 years.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I have trouble getting service or my calls are dropped. I really have to stay where I am and not walk off so that I will not lose service. If I travel to the hill country I have certain locations I receive cell service. I have to coordinate my calls to one location.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The poorest customer service I have ever had. We have been a customer of Sprint for 20 years. The latest fiasco was when my husband wanted to surprise me with an Apple Watch. He told the clerk he wasn't sure what color I wanted and maybe he should bring me into the store the next day. The clerk assured him that he could bring it back and exchange it for a different color if I didn't like it. The very next day we went in to exchange it and were told there would be a $50 restocking fee. We spoke with the manager who showed us small print on the receipt about the restocking fee. I asked why the clerk didn't tell us that about the fee when my husband said he probably ought to come back with me instead of insisting it wouldn't be a problem to return. Also, you can't read the small print on the receipt until after you've made the purchase. Manager said it was our problem. This is just one of many bad customer service experiences we have had.

Sprint Company Information