Sprint Reviews

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5
Based on 3,234 ratings submitted in the last year

Sprint Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I live in a large suburb of Chicago. The coverage is terrible. Can barely complete a phone call without it dropping, internet is painfully slow. I have had their service for three months and have had to call 10 or more times billing is incorrect every month so far. Customer service is ineffective. I tried to use chat feature. 6 hrs they were checking my bill for 2 hrs in between communications insanely bad. I will be switching from this nightmare ASAP!!! JUST PAY MORE FOR SERVICE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I called Sprint to get a tablet line on Jan 14. They told me my credit is frozen and I need to unfreeze it. I went to all three credit agencies websites and there was no credit freeze on my credit. The sales person called me and said there’s still credit freeze on your credit. I called all three credit agencies and they told me there’s no credit freeze. Finally the sales lady called and she said I am going to have talk to a credit agency to unfreeze your credit and she put through to a guy that he was eating or high or something and he asked to give home my information.

I asked the guy, "Who are you?" He responded, "Sir what you want to do?" I said, "I gave the sales girl the information. Why I need to give to you again," and hung up. The sales girl called me again and I asked if I can go to the store and get what I want and she insisted on me talking to the guy that he supposed to check on my credit. I have been with T-Mobile for 10 years. I am happy with them but at my work I can’t use my tablet, the only thing work is sprint. After seeing all these reviews good thing I didn’t get a line with them. I’ll just stick with T-Mobile.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have been a Sprint customer for nearly five years. I called 10/2019 to remove one phone from my plan ( I had five phones total). At that time, I was told by the operator that another phone on my plan was charged incorrectly and if I upgraded my I phone X to an XI, I would end up paying less. I informed the operator the my I phone 10 had a small crack on the back, but the screen and camera were in perfect condition. He said as long as I returned the I phone 10 in the box provided I would not be charged. I upgraded.

December 2019, I was charged 326.00 for the phone I returned. I spend almost 3 hours on 3 separate calls to rectify the situation. I believed I had a resolution. January 2020, I receive notification that my service would be terminated if I did not pay the 326.00 - In speaking with the "customer service" representative (and I use that lightly as I received no customer service). I was told that no matter what the operator said, the "warehouse" charges you for the phone, and there was nothing she could do about it. She also stated that it was in my contract.

When I asked her why the prior operator told me I did not have to pay - she could not answer. I then asked her to pull the recording of my previous conversation, but she would not. There is no way in the world I would have returned a perfectly good phone, pay 326.00 for it, and then start paying for a newer phone unless I was assured I would not have been charged. I will leave sprint as they are bait and switch artists. They know no one is going to get a lawyer, subpoena phone records, and sue as it is not financially feasible. I can only pray that a class action lawsuit is brought against them for the theft they are committing.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We terminated Sprint service for excess cost after shopping around for other cell phone carriers. We had 5 devices - one for each family member. Sprint falsely claimed that two of the five devices had been reported as "lost or stolen" and would not unlock them preventing them from ever being used again. Customer service even said that one of the devices had not ever had such a claim made and that there was never any insurance policy from Asurion taken out on this device. Therefore, to continue to use the same phone numbers required purchasing new devices at additional cost. Sprint is being bought by T-Mobile and has been losing customers. My opinion is that the above was done either out of vindictiveness or as an attempt to get us to spend more money with sprint to pay for golden parachutes for the execs who are going be let go in the merger.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I switched cell phone carriers on Jan 3rd. Called Sprint to cancel on Jan 5th all my lines. The rep harassed me telling me not to switch. Took me over an hour to ensure her that my mind is made up. Called again on the 7th because my lines are still active. They just ignored my request and my lines with them are still active today. They are ripping me off charging me for lines I don't need and I've called three times for them to cancel but they won't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sprint?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Very bad company and Very bad customer service. Each month they put extra charges on my bill and I have to call to fix that. Most of the customer service agents don’t understand anything. Each month I spend about 2-3 hours explaining same thing each time I call. Each customer service agent says different things.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I signed up for a bogo Apple phones deal in Aug 2019. 5 months of incorrect billing. I noticed it immediately and went to the store I purchased phones from. They assured me it would fix on its own. It did not and I went back in. They told me they would reach out to have it fixed. Another bill came and still not fixed. Called customer service who told me the promo was entered incorrectly but they could see that it was supposed to be bogo and they would have it fixed. It was not and I received another incorrect bill.

I called again, and again, and again. Expect to be placed on hold while they "research" and then be transferred to be put on hold while they research to be transferred again. The best part is, the problem will never be fixed and they will continue to bill you incorrectly. You will be on the phone with customer service no less than 1 hour. You will hold on the phone until you cannot handle it any longer or literally have no more time to give. And it will never end.

5 months later, I told them I would not pay the bill until they got it together. I filed a complaint with the BBB. An account executive reached me by email. I told him that I refused to talk on the phone again. We need to conduct business through email so that I have a record. He refused. They Sent ANOTHER incorrect bill and cut my service. I contacted account exec who told me that since I could not attend the call that he scheduled, he would let the BBB know that I refused to fix the problem. When they threatened to disconnect I used the chat function to try to get the CORRECT amount so that I could pay and screenshot the entire conversation. 1.5 hours and 4 people, and my service went out.

I called and spent my lunch break the next day trying to pay my bill and when my lunch was over, no resolution and I had to go back to work. My service has been cut. They won't cancel, they won't fix the problem, and they won't even give me an accurate bill amount to pay. On top of that, the phone service is terrible! I have no service in my area. The store rep told me to call and ask for a Magic Box. I called and they told me they were not available in my area. I called and called and called about my service.

They finally sent me a Magic Box (amplifier) when I threatened to cancel. This has been the worst customer service situation I have ever experienced. Stay away. I cannot even believe the nonsense I have been through. 5 months, no fix, no assistance, and now no service. Thanks Sprint. Thanks for nothing. Oh, go check out Better Business Bureau reviews. Sounds like this happens to lots of their customers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We signed a contract with Sprint 2 years ago. We were swindled. They told us that we would be charged the remainder of the purchase price our phones after the contract. We just got told that we are not able to purchase the phones, we needed to pay the last $240 of our phones off before the end of 18 months. Well, that’s the first we heard of that!! Now, we can either upgrade and and give back the phones that we have already spent over $600 a piece to “lease”, or we can return the phones and go to another carrier. Either way we spent over $1200 to “lease” phones from a company that told us we could eventually purchase them????

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have been with Sprint for several years, not the best but didn't want to deal with the hassle of changing carriers. Today I called to remove one of the three lines on my plan and had the absolute worst experience with the representative. The individual was less than helpful, rude, and as unprofessional as one could be on the phone. I asked for a supervisor and was told no, he wasn't going to waste their time. I drove to Verizon and switched my service. It wasn't necessary had they hired and trained customer service representatives that actually address the customer's needs in a professional manner. I will never use Sprint again and strongly encourage others to stay away.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
        Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've been a Sprint customer since Sept. I should of been tipped off just trying to get a phone in the first place. My husband and I spent over 7 hrs and 2 different days just trying to sign up and select a phone... It was always something. Mostly computer issues. My bill started out at $70. The second month, Oct my bill was $78.00. At the end of the month my husband added a line. In Nov. My bill was even more. Contacted the store where we received the phones and all we got was excuses about why the bill was more. Including we added line in the middle of the billing cycle. What's that got to do with anything... Among other stupid excuses.

And on top of that our service was terrible! But of course it was where we lived. So in Dec my bill was $143.00. Once again we called customer service and went back to the store. The biggest thing we were told was our bill was prorated and that why it was $143.00. Of course being dec we want to be in contact with family so we paid the stupid thing and was assured my bill would be under $100. In Jan. We have come to the conclusion NO ONE knows what's going on or has a correct answer for anything. And of course we can't say forget this and give the phones back because we have to pay for them in full. We can't return them. The tv commercials tell you 100% customer satisfaction. It never happen. Terrible terrible service. We did much better without good ole Walmart Straight Talk phones which we are going back to.

Sprint Company Information