1.23/5

728 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’ve had 7 S9s replaced by my carrier and now 2x by Samsung. What an awful experience. Do Not Buy. Buyer Beware! The worst company I’ve ever felt with. I’ve had everything go wrong from the phone speaker, phone connection, phone SMS messages, Smart Lock, touchscreen input errors, should I go on.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought a new Galaxy S9. Within 6 months I had a SIM card issue. Went to Sprint, they popped the sim out and pushed it back in. They said I'm good to go. Well NOT. Same problem, went to other Sprint store, they did the same and said the same. Called Sprint, they said go to another specific store. I go, they install a new sim card. Problem persists! For 3 months, one-day phone working, next day NOT. It was a crap shoot. Still under factory warranty, Sprint said to call Samsung. I carefully packed my phone. It had no scratches, perfect condition.

A few weeks later (and I had to buy another phone to use while waiting) I get my phone back. Very excited. I open box and the front screen of phone is scratched all over. I call Samsung, they said that someone in repair dept made a note that my phone had scratches all over it when they received it. NOT TRUE. They asked for a pic of the phone screen prior to when I shipped it. I didn't take one. (Mistake). But I did take pics of how I wrapped the phone for safe delivery. They asked to see those. Rep said they will file a UPS claim. Interesting that they will first try to blame UPS. I said, "No, do not file a claim." The phone was well packaged when I got it back and I packed it excessively with bubble wrap before I shipped. I said it did not happen in transit and don't blame UPS. So I anticipate another long wait. This is the LAST Samsung product I will buy.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have as Samsung S8+ and I love this phone and everything about it. I actually love all Samsung products. I love how easy they are to use and the look and feel. I love them so much I got my mom the Note8. She loves it. Although I was disappointed to find out that the Note9 is the last of the note phones. Samsung has chosen to go forward with the fold phone at over $2000. Anyway, that's another topic.

I've always been good about checking for updates and updating the software when prompted. Well, that was a lesson learned. My advice is don't. I should have learned my lesson when Microsoft has the windows 10 update. In minutes everyone's computer looked and worked differently. All because they innocently updated their computer software. Some didn't even do it themselves Microsoft automatically did if while they were working on something and when the computer restarted, it took all day to figure out how to navigate the new setting, new homescreen, and new features just to figure out how everything works and where everything is.

Samsung is now on my list. I downloaded the latest update and I hate this once loved phone. It looks different. They changed the colors. They even moved my clock. The time is to the left on all screens (home screen, lock screen and top bar) I hate it. I cant change it either. Then to text there's this huge white box that says MESSAGES that takes up half the screen until you swipe it away. (an unnecessary step). The orange + to compose messages was replaced with a blue messages symbol. Oh and they assigned ugly colors to all of my contacts. It's gross and tacky. There's too much going on and I second guess who I'm sending texts to because it is easy now to click the wrong thing thing. It's too busy. There's way too much going on.

Phone calls are the same as with tests. Bright pink and purple assigned to all my contacts. Why? Am I supposed to use my work day to figure out how to go in and change each one? It's ridiculous. Then to make a call there's no arrow in the lower right corner. You have to click a tab that now sorts your calls. Again why? I had no problem figuring out which calls I made and which were received. Again more extra steps. Here's my issue. If I wanted my phone to look and function completely differently from how it was, I would have bought a new phone.

Here's another kicker. I was able to download this update MANUALLY. Which means I had a choice. But once you do this update the manual setting goes away. Meaning Samsung has hijacked your phone. I was looking for the setting to make sure it was set to manual so Samsung couldn't do these updates automatically. But when I went into the setting the option was gone. There are also annoying pop ups asking you to share your profile and info. Now I'm stuck with this update and all I can do is warn people about it. They say it's more secure but all it did is give Samsung total access and make me miserable in the process. It's a shame because I loved my phone before this. I used to swear by Samsung phones. Now I spend my day swearing at it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have had to try a factory reset which did nothing but lose information. My bank when I try to log in tells me my device needs updating. I have a security system that won't install on my phone. The employee actually told me that Samsung has made my phone obsolete... So I paid one hundred and 25 dollars a year, a four year phone phone is only good for the camera, which sucks also. I will never buy Samsung again, you suck!!!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I'm just writing about recent orders of smart phones with trade-ins of Samsung Galaxy S10 promotion. I ordered 3 new Galaxy S10 phones at the same time at the beginning of March. I got the first phone, but second and third phone are holding due to their policy that allows only one trade in at a time. Okay, I understood, and I contacted them, and they replied that evaluation of trade-in phone might take up to 7 days. I got the first phone, and I sent the first trade in phone on Mar. 16 delivered on Mar. 19. However, the second phone is not coming now. I understand, but I think Samsung should send or notice by text or email about the status of trade-in.

I have experienced some trade-in progresses with mobile carriers, and they sent email just after they got the delivery, and sent email again they started evaluating and their estimated completion date. They even sent the completion notice. Also, I can check the relatively precise status by checking their website. However, Samsung didn't give any notice, even I check the delivery from the FedEx website. I contacted their help desk, and they just said after evaluation I would get the email and shipping notice about second phone. I was just complaining who knows my phone is now actually evaluating or just stored on the shelf.... They couldn't answer because they don't know the exact status.... It's not a personal problem, it's a systematic need.

I think I will get all three phones and complete trade-in about 2 or more months after that I ordered them at the same time... Please, do not do this like me. Just buy it from other sellers. Time is money especially on the latest IT devices like mobile phones. Why should I order the phone even pre-ordering? It should be to get earlier.... Really bad process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 25, 2019

This is the best cell phone ever, easy navigation, great features, really holds a long charge. Other phone carriers appears to be overpriced. Samsung is inexpensive, does the same job. Apple and other high priced carriers, are not as good as Samsung. IT'S THE BEST EVER.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I don't like Apple products, so Samsung is the next best bet. I've been fairly comfortable with it until I got the new Galaxy 9. Keeps updating, I lose some shortcuts, others disappear or go out of sight. Don't like all the advertising I now get that I didn't before. I will like the camera with all it's features once I learn how to use them. My daughter showed me a number of them I need to learn about.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I originally called in to get put on a two hour callback list. To get a call back at 10:00 p.m... 3 hours later, I spend 45 minutes trying to explain my issues to someone on the phone who couldn't understand me speaking English. In kept on giving me answers to questions I didn't ask trying to put the million on Best Buy or my provider rather than actually help me with my issue with Samsung. This is been my worst customer service experience ever. Simply trying to fill out a promotional offer that I got with my phone. Galaxy s10+.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was in need of a new phone when my wife had an aneurysm with 22 hours of brain surgery and settled on a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I've had nothing but connection problems with the phone with really no help from Samsung. The phone has been replaced once and has had 3 sim cards put in to try to resolve the problem. The problem is the phone will not connect automatically to mobile data or 4g when leaving a wifi area meaning when I have to leave my home my phone will not work unless I manually turn airplane mode on and then off.

If I forget to do this and I do quite often it means I have no communication with my wife should she need me or the nurse who watches her when I'm gone? All venues they've given me have not worked on this phone which approaches a cost of $1000. I also had bought the support from Best Buy for the phone for $200 and so far Best Buy has been useless in helping to solve this problem. Bottom line I should have bought an iPhone and still may have to do that. I'm also tired of dealing with offshore support in which it's hard to understand the support people because of their heavy accents.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Let me tell you about my experience with this "great company". I bought the Samsung S9+ model while the advertisement was being played for a month on all media promoting that one gets the S3 Gear smartwatch as a present with the purchased phone - naive me, I fell to it, and at the end not a trace of a smartwatch, no reply to my emails - nothing.

During a direct call, from support I only got the transfer of responsibility to some "Mickey Mouse" marketing firm they supposedly hired and just after waiting few months and making a lot of tedious support calls in order to resolve the matter completely I ended with apparently not complying with their "terms" on that promotion.

I bought the Samsung phone and believed it was not a classic marketing scam, I remember thinking "Well they have a reputation, so I'll go for the deal", I couldn't be more wrong. After all I did not bought a bag of candies but a phone, and as I see it now, my last Samsung phone. Sorry Samsung but you just lost over a decade long loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

It’s hard to believe that a Company as large as Samsung would “Bamboozle” (could not think of a better term), a customer. This situation involves a new, Samsung Galaxy S9 phone that I ordered from their website this past November. The phone was a Christmas present for my Son. This started out as my error when I ordered the phone, not realizing that the default color on the order page was “Lilac”. When the phone arrived a few weeks later, on December 18th, I let my Son open His “present” early, since His old phone was not functioning. When He opened the box and saw that His new phone was, as He called it; Pink, and being a young man, refused to even take it out of the box, saying: “ I can’t believe you ordered me a pink phone”!

Long, two-month story condensed; I obtained authorization from Samsung to return the phone, and due Christmas being the next week, immediately ordered and paid for a second (black) S9. The new phone arrived on Christmas Eve. Yea! But, a few weeks later, I am receive word from Samsung, telling me that the returned phone is being refused. A few more weeks later, the phone shows up via FedEx, with a note inside stating that the refusal was based on the phone’s software having been “modified”. I was livid! We had not even taken the phone out of the box, let alone power it on! Add to that, I’m 64 years old, barely know how to use my “Smartphone”. How in the world would I “modify” a phone's software?

I contested this, and after another long wait, they sent me a supposed photo of the phone's display showing a “blown fuse” and “custom software”. Nothing in that display showing that this was the phone in question, other than an overlay, which could have been imposed on any photo. I took the phone to T-Mobile, our provider, and then to Best Buy at Brier Creek, where they had a “Samsung Experience” rep. We put a SIM card in the phone and it tested/worked fine...no blown fuse, no “modified software”. In the meantime, I’m left with a second, $600 charge on my credit card. There have been more than 20 back and forth contacts between myself and Samsung, to no avail. And they refuse to answer my last response!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I just purchased my 4th Samsung phone in 12 years. I got my S8 on 11/1/18. About a month in it started acting funny, locking up could not close out of appts, had to shut phone down and reboot. Then almost a week ago it locked me out dumped all my stuff and went beyond them helping me get back in. Verizon went out of their way to help. They even contacted Samsung to verify it's my phone. I had to send proof of purchase, imei number and the receipt. I have not received anything saying they got it so I called I got another address to email it to and it could take up to 48 hours. I believe they sent me a refurbished phone and I am paying for a new one $698.00 plus tax. They have done nothing to help. They just want me to do all the work find paperwork, email it, give them 48 hours to reply, box it up, mail it, and to keep paying for it while they screw me around. Poor poor business practices. You should not take advantage of your customers.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7. Never damaged by water, dust nor falls. It started overheating and I contacted support many times until they sent me to Best Buy in my town Sherman, TX KNOWINGLY that they wouldn't help me due to my provider. They made me drive an hour from home to McKinney, TX to be reviewed by one of their accredited technicians at UBREAKIFIX MCKINNEY. They did not find a reason for it other than the motherboard possibly being defective. After almost a month without my phone Samsung contacted them. When I finally talked to them it took them 6 hours to locate my phone giving a ticket number and a tracking number from the confirmed delivery.

Finally they put me in contact with the technician trying to charge me 500 USD in order to replace the motherboard of a phone UNDER WARRANTY saying the warranty was broken because of water damage. Turns out that even though the motherboard is defective they found rust on the charging port (theoretically) and they will gladly give me my warranty back and replace ONLY THE MOTHERBOARD if I paid them 80 USD for the supposedly damaged port. Without giving me any guarantee of the phone not overheating when it gets to my hands in two more week. I just asked for my "water damaged" phone back. Absolutely disgusting customer service and super sketchy warranty handling, if it can be called a warranty at all. Freaking never dealing or buying with Samsung again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I've spent 2 weeks trying to buy a Note 9 from their site. Buying with AT&T Next gave a $200 discount, but ordering was impossible. They still haven't figured out why I can't log into my AT&T account on their site. Went for the unlocked phone at a $100 discount, and they said billing information was wrong and put my account on hold for 3 days, despite a call to customer service explaining everything.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Updated on 01/01/2019: I advice all people around the world to stop using cell phone mobile from Samsung. There are some technical error of these types of mobile lead to stop working suddenly. Also the service of Samsung very bad. Technician of Samsung service damage machines during repair due to they are not professional and not trained well. The Samsung company not protect his consumers any way and gave fake warranty. This happened me in Kuwait, bad experience with them and no answer of my complaint from 2 months now.

Original Review: The local service broken the screen of my phone by bad treatment of their technician. Where the staff not professional to handle the phone. Hi. I’m Dr. Alaa **, Kuwait. I’m bought Samsung j5 phone from 3 months back, and suddenly it's stopped and screen became black. I went to the service Samsung center in Kuwait, in Tunis street. They check the phone and says the phone has 3 hits in its side and maybe effect on the screen. I told them that the screen is completely free of any damage and how come??? They said they will try to repair it and they put in oven and return me the phone completely screen damaged and they said it’s already was cracked from inside from my side.

I complain against them that the technician was not good and treat the phone by wrong way resulted to damage the screen but they not accepted and they want me to pay to repair. I told them that Samsung is trade name and big company and protect his customer. So I complain them to Duby center where they also agreed Kuwait side and they told me to make discount for me. I refused because the phone still in warranty and should be repair free. So I complain now for you. What should I do??? Service center who has bad technician ** - Wahran Trading Company. What's the model of your device? How old is it? J5. 3 months.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S6 on July 16, 2018. After charging normally, it would not power back on. I called Samsung Warranty and was told to attach my receipt to their email address. I did this on December 24th, 2018. I never heard anything back from them for 3 days, so I called again. I was told that my ticket had been closed out because they did not receive the attachment. They gave me a new ticket number and I again attached a copy of my receipt and emailed it as requested. They said I would hear back within 24 hours.

Today I called again as I had heard nothing and was told that their offices were closed on weekends and that I would not hear anything for 4 days because of the New Year holiday. This means that I have been without a phone since December 23rd. The woman I spoke with today, actually hung up on me while I was telling her that waiting for 2 weeks for a replacement warranty was not good. That is not good business nor good customer service. I shall be very wary of buying another Samsung phone if this is the way their customer service handles their warranty replacements. I will do an update to this review, if and when, I receive my replacement cellphone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I purchased Note 9 from Bell on 23 November 2018 and my phone microphone was not working from 19 December so I called the Bell customer service and they told me that, "Your phone has a manufacturing defect and you need to go to Samsung service center." When I went there they told me that, "Your phone motherboard was not working properly and it has been replaced." Microphone has been replaced and in total there were 4 parts that has been replaced and when I called Samsung customer relation department for this thing and I told them that either give me a new phone or take this phone back and give my money back. So they told me that, "We cannot do anything as your phone is under 1-year service warranty."

So what kind of phone Samsung is manufacturing. I was using iPhone 7 previously and switching to Samsung was the biggest disaster I did. Never ever going to go with Samsung again. Samsung you guys make fun of Apple but you should know that one who makes fun of other is the one who is jealous of someone. You are the worst brand I have ever gone with. RIP SAMSUNG.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

If I could give a "no star" I would. For Samsung being such a big company, it's disappointing how bad their customer service is. Samsung shipped me the wrong product, then said, "It's too bad that you just past the 2 week time frame for you to return the item." I advise them that all I need is the item that I ordered and paid for, and they stated, "That was the company policy." Then hung up on me. This is a shame, because Samsung makes good products, but have horrible customer service. They should really try to do something to revamp this horrible image that is out there.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I bought my Note 9 on black Friday. I went back same store 8210 S Gessner Dr Houston TX 77036. I talk to representative and he send to Geek Squad customer service. The person name **. He was so ignorant with bad mouth. He didn't fix my problem. He didn't know about it or don't want tell me. After few minutes he didn't clarify anything. He start bad language and call the the Security. After call the Security he listened to me and advised me to complain about that person. I spend 1050 dollars and I don't know how to fix it. If I fix from Samsung and my 2 years warranty will be not eligible. So be careful before go to this location specially that Geek Squad.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This is the worst "customer service" I have ever received in my entire life. My cell phone caught on fire in August. I paid $720 for the phone and a month after it was done being paid off, it caught on fire IN MY HAND! I was not using it and it was not on the charger. I contacted Samsung immediately and was advised that they were going to be mailing me a box to send the phone back for further investigation. I received the box and sent my phone back. I received an email from them on 9/20/2018 stating that they received the phone back Copied from the email - "This email will confirm receipt of your device. An attempt to reach you by phone was made, but unfortunately there was no answer or voicemail pickup.

As far as the phone is concerned it will undergo further analysis, however, to not delay resolution, I can proceed with submitting a refund request, but only for the phone ($679.99) and a similar case found on Amazon ($7.99) ** plus $41.28 (Tax),Total compensation $729.26. While additional accessories may have been purchased for the phone, these items were not damaged. The SIM card & SD Card left inside the device will be mailed back to you. You will need to check your email frequently because once the refund request has been reviewed by accounting and authorized you will receive an email to confirm your preferred payment method (direct deposit/check). You will have 3 business days to make a direct deposit selection before method of payment will be deferred to a mailed check via US Postal Mail, which would be sent to..."

I wanted direct deposit but when I went to enter it, the site said my routing was invalid. NOT TRUE. I called and emailed to ask what to do about this because I really did not want to have to wait for a check to be cut and mailed. The lady that emailed (always from **) me back told me to email ** and put routing in the subject line with my refund claim number. She also stated that she showed I selected check and asked if I was OK with proceeding with the refund in the form of a check. I emailed her back on September 24, 2018 and said I would rather get the direct deposit because it is faster but I don’t know if it’s because of the type of card I have. I emailed the refunds department several times and never received a response from them. She replied back and told me on September 28, 2018 telling me that the email I received that day was “just letting you know the check has been processed by the bank and mail no further action is required”.

I have all of these emails printed out. There’s over 43 in one thread and another “million” in another thread. I have reached out almost every single day by Phone to the 800-number and have gotten absolutely nowhere with them. I am placed on hold for over an hour sometimes two hours and then the call is disconnected, not on my end but on their end. On October 9th I emailed the same PLmail email from above and said “good morning is there a tracking number for the check. I still haven’t received it” and nobody replied. Sometime later on in October I finally received an eight dollar check. I waited a few days to allow the second check to come in for the $720 and when it did not come, I called the customer service line and could not get anywhere with anybody. I keep getting the runaround.

It is absolutely insane the type of “customer service” you receive or should I say do not receive because you’re either told they’re going to get you a supervisor on the phone and then they hang up on you or they place you on hold forever. And then hang up on you or they tell you they’re gonna have to look into it and have somebody call you back and they don’t or they tell you it’s being escalated and that someone will reach out in 24 to 48 hours and no one does, which they’ve told a million times for the past months. I was told once I finally got in touch with somebody about the $720 check, telling them that I received the eight dollar check. They told me that if I do not receive the $720 by October 30th then to call back and that they will put a stop payment on that check and re-issue it.

I called back on October 30 and advised that I did not receive the check, I was then told that they were waiting for me to call back to verify the address because they received the check back in their office supposedly on October 23. The crazy thing is that they had my address correct for the eight dollar check but want to say that they sent the $720 check to a PO Box which I have never had in my entire life. They said that the check was returned back to them. How is it that I receive the eight dollar check to the correct address but not the $720 check. I have spent several Months on the phone and I have wasted hours of my lunch period trying to get this resolved and nothing!

I have threatened and said I was taking them to small claims court to try and see if that will get this resolved but NO! I have spent several lunch hours at work trying to get someone to help me and then have to hang up because I am getting nowhere and because I have to clock myself back in. Sometimes I am told to call back and ask for the customer relations team. I call back when I get off work and am placed on hold for another few hours and then told that it’s going to be escalated. It's been escalated over 100 times since October 30 and I have still yet to receive the refund check it a call.

I have done chat support with somebody and was told they will escalate this! Then nothing. I have emailed and emailed and emailed, I have called and called and called. I emailed the corporate office and finally received a response back from a girl named Rachel, who wrote me on November 20, 2018 and stated “hello we are working internally to check on both your refund and compensation ticket. We will be in contact with you once we can figure out what the issue is. Please be on the lookout for a call from myself next week. We will try to ship out your check quickly once confirmed. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for being patient with us”. I wrote an extremely long email to this lady because there’s no issue. I basically stated...

I was told I was supposed to be receiving $720 for the phone that they have in their possession. They told me to mail the phone back which I did, I was emailed and told that I should be receiving a check soon I have yet to receive it.” This has been going on since August, it is now December 5th and nothing! She didn’t reply to the long email that I wrote but then when I turned around and wrote again on the November 27 I said “hello I called yesterday to get an update was transferred to the executive customer solutions team. The rep I spoke to said she did not show an update and placed me on hold to get with her supervisor about it. She never came back to line and disconnected at 8:54” by the rep not me! That night I was placed on hold for over 2 hours!!! And no one checked back in with me.

I called from a different phone and told the rep that I was still on hold and asked to speak to a supervisor (like I have a million times before). I called back again and they hung up on me. I called back again and spoke to someone who said that the call was probably disconnected the first time because the department was closed??? How was it closed when I was speaking to someone in that department and she was supposedly getting me on the line with her supervisor??? No, that’s not why the call disconnected at 8:54 when that department closes at 9pm, it was because that rep had me on hold for 2 hours and then him lg up because she was about to leave for the day.

I asked that rep for the names the all of the reps I have spoken to and an email with all of the notations on my account. He told me he could not do that. I told him some of the days that I had called and asked for the names of those wraps specifically because one was named Ruth and he didn’t see any notes from Ruth. Ruth told me I was guaranteed to get a check on Monday before Thanksgiving and never did! She didn’t even note my acct! I gave him more dates and he said that there was no notes! I asked if the calls were recorded and he said they are supposed to be but not all of them are??? That doesn’t even make sense. How are you a multi billion dollar company and your reps aren’t even able to note accts and your calls aren’t recorded??? That’s insane to me.

Rachelle emailed me back November 27 at 4:42 PM “thank you for your patience. We apologize for the inconvenience. You should have asked you she may have experienced in the future. Please avoid calling into the 800 number to avoid and confusion as your case is currently in process at the corporate office level. We requested our finance team to re-issue the check to your address once approved both will be issued to your house. Please note both checks will be canceled.” It is now deck 5th and I haven’t received the check yet. I have emailed her 3 more times to ask for tracking info on the check and to ask for an update and she has not replied!

I want my check! I paid for the phone, they told me they would send me the check so send it! This is ridiculous. I’m starting to think I really should just go file a suit and take them to small claims court. I deserve to be paid for the hours/months I spent on the phone and for all of the lunch breaks I have had to waste in the phone with such incompetent people! Horrible service! The worst I have ever experienced. If there is a way I can upload the emails, I will do it tomorrow. I tried giving zero stars and it sent me back to add 1...if I could give a negative 100 I would!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

It has been exposed that Samsung has done it again. They are using DSLR images and promoting their smartphone cameras saying that those images were captured using their smartphone cameras when in fact this is completely untrue and they have instead utilized DSLR cameras to capture these images. Samsung needs to be penalized for bait advertising.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Samsung has had my S8 since October 25th and I have spent 5-6 hours on the phone with them. The only thing they do well is apologize. No more Samsung phones for this family. I just want my phone back repaired... Is that too much to ask? If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased a new S9 phone in Aug after having issues purchasing from Verizon over the years - plus, I wanted an unlocked phone, no contract and could put up the cash for the initial purchase. I was delighted when I got a $100 discount as long as I returned my phone in the shape I said it was in and I restored to factory settings. So, I not only restored to factory settings TWICE but I went into Verizon and they ALSO restored to factory settings. I got an email from Samsung about 15 days after they received the product saying I didn't restore to factory settings...and they were going to charge me $ 75 in 4 days. Unfortunately, I was out of the country and wasn't able to contest this charge via phone or email.

Needless to say, I have called Samsung a number of times to get this corrected only to be given wrong information EVERY SINGLE TIME. Absolutely horrible experience. I feel like it was a bait and switch scenario met with complete incompetence. Makes me wonder if this is a common practice - provide a discount only to charge the customer with no recourse on the customer side for FALSELY charging me. Today, I receive an email with a $50 voucher to be used in 90 days on my next Samsung purchase. Needless to say, this will likely be my LAST purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Samsung has committed what I can only call legalized theft and I'm disgusted with them. I will never ever purchase anything from this company in the future. Essentially I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S8+ for the value of $400 against a new Galaxy 9+, I followed their terms and conditions since the phone is in excellent condition, I wiped the phone and reset it to factory condition.

Upon receiving the new phone I sent my Galaxy S8+ to them which took around 2-3 Weeks to process and on Friday I received an email from Samsung stating the phone did not meet their conditions based on the following: ·Device is locked and cannot be accessed & ·Device's personal content not erased, it provided two pictures that did not substantiate their claim and essentially they will be charging me $400 with no option of getting the phone back. This is the modern definition of daylight robbery and I suspect someone has tampered with the phone since I've traded in numerous phones in the past and never had this problem. Stay away from Samsung if you want to avoid losing money plus your phone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The problems with cell phones we've had is weak or failed batteries. Samsung phones no longer have replaceable batteries. BUT LG phones DO!! I just snapped open my wife's LG and changed the battery. Got caught in the rain, my Samsung S6 got wet. Ruined. Can't open it to dry it. Put it in rice but no help. So, bought a less expensive J3... which came with Bixby. LG phones can be opened (no tools needed) and dried out.

Bixby (poorly designed and flaky) is a pop-up screen insistently offering Samsung services, and which cannot be disabled from the menu system, you must instead open a Samsung account. Which account sent us notifications insistently for a week, and CANNOT BE DISABLED. It woke us up at 1:34am this morning, and again at 4:03am and sent a notification every hour since. I have tried 8 different methods on the net for stopping these notifications; all failed. Samsung, feels they still own the phone, and the user!! Greedily trying to compete with Alexa and Google Play devices. NO MORE SAMSUNGS FOR ME.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Repair service is terrible. Have had my phone for a month and tell me it is fixed, however they have neglected to send it to me. Each person says it is on its way- I still do not have it. For the third time I was told I would have it a week ago Wed. Still did not have it by Friday. Then they said Monday. Then they said today (Tuesday) - still not here. If not here by tomorrow (Wed) my attorney will be contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S8 is made in such a way as to break easily, difficult to change battery (14 screws to change battery), breaking the case to get in. Samsung needs more sales and makes junk phones. This is the last time I get a Samsung phone. Be warned if you are going to get a Samsung phone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This may be somewhat lengthy, but I want to include all of the details. Several weeks ago, Galaxy Note 8 crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. Eventually, it made it to the recovery screen, where I attempted to Reboot Now. This resulted in the same loop. Back in the recovery screen, I attempted a factory reset. I was met with a Data Wipe Failed message. At this point, I contacted Samsung support. After talking with many individuals, I received a ticket **. I sent the phone in for repair, and a week and a half later, received it back with the Problem Found: Lock Up During Operation (SW) and the Solutions: Software Emergency Recovery. I went to turn on the phone and was met with a screen that read: "Device Storage Corrupt. The data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data." and a RESET button at the bottom.

This is AFTER receiving the phone back with all the Mobile Phone Test Results from the Service Repair Statement being marked as Pass. I press the RESET button, and am met with a blue screen and the android logo, with an Erasing message at the bottom. After a couple minutes, the logo falls over, a yellow exclamation point appears, and the screen says Error. It then boots back to the Recovery Screen, with a Data Wipe Failed message. I call Samsung back again and receive a ticket ** from Cherrie(?). During this conversation, she says she is sending 1 day air shipping both to and from Samsung, as well as noting this repair is to be expedited. She says the repair should take no more than 24 hours, and if they cannot repair the phone, they will be sending me a replacement.

Also, I am told that if I have not heard anything, to call the Repair Department directly. After the phone has been received, as notified through UPS, I wait over 24 hours before making a call. When the phone has finally been ACTUALLY received by the repair department, I am told they have a 72 hour SLA and that is as much expedition as they can do. I ask to speak with someone from the case management office, and I am told I will receive a call in 24 hours, which then changes to 24-48 hours after I am put on hold for several minutes. This was on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018. Today, September 11th, 2018, I have still never received any such call. I received my phone back today, after the SECOND time sending it in for repair, in the same exact state, with a Device Storage Corrupt screen and a Data Wipe Failed upon trying to reset to factory.

I view the Service Repair Statement from this repair, to find to my surprise the "initial concern reported" was: POWER/POWER/WILL NOT POWER UP and the Problem Found: No Trouble Found. Well, obviously no trouble was found with that concern, as it is not related at all to the issue. Nowhere in the ticket was any detail of the phone not turning on. In multiple conversations I mentioned the exact words Device Storage Corruption and Data Wipe Failed, which I was told was logged in the ticket. Again, a series of Mobile Phone Test Results with "Pass" was included. There is no way any besides the Power Test could have passed, since that is the only part of the phone that works. I called and spoke to several people tonight. First was Felicia, from 1-800-SAMSUNG, and she escalated my call to her supervisor, Alexis, who told me I would actually need to talk to someone in Triage, where she then transferred me.

I could not understand the man's name in Triage, but was then transferred to a woman in the case management team. She gave me the same blanket statement that I needed to send the phone in repair, and that was the only option, so I asked to speak with her supervisor. I was transferred to a man named Johansson, who, in all honesty, was one of the worst customer service people I have ever spoken with on any issue. He repeated himself constantly, telling me the only thing I could do is send the phone in for repair again, because I did not qualify for a replacement or refund, based on the ticket ** being (incorrectly) marked as No Trouble Found. That has nothing to do with me.

The ticket, along with the prior ticket, had all of the relevant information regarding the problem, but because whoever the repair technician was that worked on the phone ignored those details, I am now in a situation where I'm told my only option is sending in the phone again. Any repair should not take 3 times, several weeks, and multiple tickets to create. I no longer have any faith in Samsung's repair center or its quality tests. I asked repeatedly for any legitimate logs/records/history that the tests were ran on the phone after the "repair", and Johansson constantly remained silent for several minutes, ignoring my statements and questions, until I asked several times if anyone was there anymore.

He told me that he has all of the authority and that he has decided I have no right to a replacement or refund based on the prior tickets "resolution". Again, when asking for escalation or any legitimate solutions, he remained completely silent, until he ended the call. If at all possible, I would like to make a formal complaint against Johannson, apart from this giant catastrophe of a repair management system.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Never experienced service this awful. My wife's S8 plus phone's camera has failed. The phone is still under warranty and I had followed all their instructions to resolve the issue until they asked me to send her phone in for service which will take 9 to 11 business days to repair. This would be understandable if they offered a loaner, however they expect my wife to be ok without a phone for 9 to 11 business days. How is this ok in today's world? I have been an extremely loyal Samsung fan for almost 2 decades, but I will never get another Samsung after this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

If you are part of the hundreds of millions of multilingual people you expect your phone's keyboard to be able to recognise the language of a message you receive. Whether it's by email, WhatsApp or SMS you expect a 1000 USD smartphone to be able to change the keyboard automatically and have it in the language of the people you communicate with. But no. Galaxy Note 9 is not a smartphone, it's a stupid phone.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information