Samsung Cell Phones
3.40/5
Based on 253 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Cell Phones

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 9, 2018

665 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy (7 Edge) phone not too long ago. Still paying it off through Verizon which is where we purchased it. For some reason, my phone went into a factory reset in the middle of the night. When I tried to get back into it after the reset, I was unable to. It would not recognize my gmail account or my password. I spoke with Google and I went down to the Verizon store. No one knows why my phone did a factory reset but, it caused me to lose ALL of my information along with pictures that I will never get back. When I talked with the Verizon tech and the Google tech, I was informed that this is not rare. This does happen. So, since I need to have a phone due to my family situation and job, I had to buy another one while still paying for the one that Samsung has ruined for me.

There was no compensation offered to me even though I had nothing to do with this factory reset. As I discuss this situation with others, they keep reminding me of what Apple did and the lawsuit they are in right now due to an issue with the battery they put in their product and the need for consumers to have to buy another. I really feel that someone either Samsung who obviously caused the factory reset, or Verizon who sells this product should take some responsibility and make this issue right or give some compensation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My name is Joseph **. I live in Nairobi. I am a journalist and currently work with a non-profit organization. I bought Samsung Galaxy S8 early 2017 mainly because it has a good camera; I needed to take good photos in my work. In November 2017, the camera (the very reason I bought it) stopped working; it went out of focus. I took it to a Samsung agent in Nairobi for repair and it took a whole month, and finally they told me they replaced the camera. At the end of January 2018 the same problem came back. I took it to another Samsung agent close by and the diagnosis revealed that the phone has a "distortion". Whatever that means! I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

After 10 yrs using Samsung products this was terrible experience and time consuming. The Galaxy S4 recent purchase was to replace cracked screen of Galaxy J3 Prime. The Galaxy S4 camera didn't work and it burned my hands after several calls. I could not even shut it off, had to remove battery and wait for phone to cool off. I was afraid of being hurt. I am so disappointed that my week was so disrupted. Upon returning to store VIP Electronics, I encountered more aggravation as they did not want to refund my purchase. So I am back to my cracked screen on Galaxy J3 Prime. How can Samsung let merchandise that's defective continue to be sold.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Known manufacturing fault on a Samsung 7 Edge (loose connection causing a pink vertical line on screen). Refuse to repair under warranty despite admitting that this is a common, known fault.... reason... 1cm hairline crack on rear casing. This voids the warranty. Despite speaking to managers nothing could be done. Oh... and I also made an 80 mile round trip to the nearest service centre in Stoke - as directed by their call centre!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I purchased 2 Galaxy phones for my business trying to diversify from I phones which we use in the company. One of the Galaxy phones 7S after 15 months stopped working, Verizon the carrier was not able to fix it. Samsung, on the other hand, required $400.00 to fix an antenna problem which is a product shortfall. I will certainly never buy one again nor recommend any.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I purchased this Samsung Note 8 9/2017 and by 12/2017 it's malfunctioning. I am so pissed because it is so expensive and useless at this point. I live in Houston TX, there is no Samsung store. I am just going out of my mind. I travel a lot and I don't know what to do at this point. Ugh... I definitely have bought my last Samsung that's for sure.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My problem began June 2017 on a Samsung S7 Edge would not access the internet. I was approved for an exchange 12-30-2017 and promised overnight return. To this day there is no tracking number or cell phone. Samsung will lie to you and the reps will not transfer you to a supervisor when you request it. I bought a ZTE phone with the 7.1.1 software which is a better phone ever made by Samsung. The 8 is also a piece of junk. Apple makes better phones.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

My husband and my son both had Samsung Galaxy 6, it was a 2 years renting program, the program is they pay $18/month for each phone for 24 month. At the end of the 24 months, you still need to pay about $ 100 to buy the cellphone back. The big problem is, both of their cellphones were broken before the end of the two years' program. One was repeated show restart, restart.

My son went to the Sprint store, the customer service person said the motherboard of the cell phone was broken. He was recommend to hand in the broken cellphone back to the store and buy a new cell phone, but he still had to pay the leasing fee to finish the 24 month program, and at the same time to pay the new leasing fee for a Samsung Galaxy 7 for $24/month; now another Samsung Galaxy 6 could not get on the internet, my husband went to the Sprint store, the customer service person helped him, and told him it was OK, but he still cannot get on the Internet. He can only use the cell phone to call or receive a call/message. Could anyone please tell me if you have the same problems?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Bought a Galaxy 8+. Charging Cord just stopped working. Needed phone. Called Samsung and they wanted me to mail my defective cord back to them so they could confirm it was not working. They would then replace the cord at no expense to me. Problem - what was I supposed to do for the weeks it would probably take to actually get the replacement cord. My PHONE BATTERY WAS DEAD.

Their advise. Go to Best Buy or any Electronics Store and purchase either a new cord or a Charging Pad. What kind of Customer Service is this? I had to buy the replacement charger because it was imperative for me to have the use of the phone. Now I'm out close to $50.00 because of their defective product. Thanks a lot Samsung. It will be a long time before I ever purchase anything from Samsung again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I recently bought the Samsung Note 8 and loved the phone. However within two month the back of the phone glass shattered into tiny pieces. I sent the phone into Samsung and they told me I would have to pay to fix it because I caused the damage. They sent the phone back to me and I had the back replaced with Samsung's certified parts...

Two days later the back was cracked again. I went to Best Buy which told me that they no longer have Samsung employed personnel in their building but looked at my phone and said that my phone was twisted which is why the back continues to crack and to send it back to Samsung. They said that this is common complaint with this phone and it’s called a battery bow which happens if your phones heats up. I sent it back to Samsung and they wouldn't fix it. They stated that because I replaced the back the first time, I have voided the manufacturer warranty and even though they can clearly tell that my phone is bowed. I told them that they are the ones that fixed it and they said they have no record of fixing it...

I am so upset that I spend about 1000.00 on this phone, and have supported Samsung by buying multiple other products such as almost every note they had (except the 7), I have a Samsung Gear classic watch and bought the Samsung G3 watch and Samsung S8 plus for my son and they just send my phone back and said, "Oh well, you’re out of luck". I am beside myself, I love the phone but the service does not stand by its product.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought a wireless fast charge Samsung charger at my Verizon store for 59.99 cause my port was messed up on my Note 5... It's been only 6 weeks ago... And unfortunately they only have a 14 day return policy at the store and suggested I call Samsung customer care for replacement. My charger keeps pausing so after being on charge all night, I get up, it's only charged half way. Well, turns out I have to mail my charger to them which he said will take about 14 days and then the time to turn around and send me a new one. I can't use a regular charger, but told me I need to buy another charger till they can send me a replacement... Doesn't that defeat the purpose of me wanting a replacement. I don't have the money to just go get another one. So disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Terrible company to do business with... problems with cellphone that's 2 months old and cannot get any real help. I would have been better off buying Apple or a Google phone. I wish I would have done that...

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This brand is user-friendly and easy to use. Apps that I download do not interfere with the operation or performance of the phone. The camera work really well too.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Samsung products are great, androids are 10x better than iPhone, it's just what they put their names on that gives them bad reps & low rates.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Trouble since new and Samsung couldn't fix it. Screen goes blank, keyboard disappears and touch screen freezes - cannot type. Have to wait for these things to right themselves or restart cell all the time!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have the Samsung Edge 7. The screen is great, and takes really good videos. My husband has the iPhone 7 and after taking pictures with both, I would say the iPhone takes better quality pictures.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile. A few months into owning the phone I had overheating issues. I contacted T-Mobile, did all of the "trouble shooting" and the phone worked. A couple months later, the same thing. This phone has ALWAYS been in a case, I now have a crack on the INSIDE of the screen. If you run your finger across the phone you won't feel it, but you can see it. I contacted T-Mobile since I have insurance, they said it wasn't covered because of the crack (it's on the inside) so either pay the deductible or take it to Best Buy and maybe they fix it since it's under warranty.

I just contacted T-Mobile again (different rep, different answer). This one said my phone isn't under warranty and Best Buy said since it has a crack it doesn't matter. It will be treated as out of warranty. $199 to fix the phone. I have never had an issue with Samsung products before, and T-Mobile has always fixed any issue I've had with my other phones. I am beyond frustrated!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I can not believe how poorly I have been mistreated by Samsung and their 3rd party customer service! I was a Note 7 owner that was promised a promotion towards the purchase of a Note 8. The promotion was buy a Note 8 get 425 off the phone with trade in Phone and receive freebies along with the purchase a SD card and wireless charger with purchase. I decided to go with the offer. It was a horrible experience from the beginning! They promised me promotion codes that took forever to come. I had to write same and call customer service weekly. I got not get help answer. This was back in August when preorder of it the cell phone came out. I never received new promotion codes that they promised. I keeper clicking on the old ones. I had to try to get them to work so I could order the phone.

Finally, it went through. Because of the promotions not working. That put me to the back of the list on back order to receive my cell phone. I called almost daily to see why I not getting my cell phone with the preorder cell Phone in a few like they promised the Note 7 owners (that they would get the phone before the rest of the public). Instead it was the complete opposite! The phone came out and was on sale to the public and I had no phone. It took over a month for me to receive the phone! I noticed the 1st day of getting it turned on a step up that there was something wrong with the phone! It was defective! I did a factory reset on the phone 5 times to get it to work. The phone was super slow. It took 20 minutes to download an app! I could not stream on the phone! I have unlimited data and WiFi! No matter what location I was at the phone would not run at the speed it should have.

I called Verizon my phone company to help me with this phone and they couldn’t help. They even said there was something wrong with the phone. I could not even get most of my apps to open. I called Samsung for help. They told me I could only deal with ECommerce the order company for help because I was a Note 7 owner and they put the promo codes out for the Note 8. When I called ECommerce they told me I had to return my Note 8 and all my freebies to get a replacement phone. Mind you I gave them my treat in the same day I got my Note 8. I told them, "I should not have to do this. I have no backup phone. Please send me a new phone and I can mail back the old one." Samsung and ECommerce told me that I could not do that that it was policy to return everything and they send me out new promotions codes to reorder the phone and that’s it would only take 7 to 15 days by the time they got the phone.

I mailed the phone Oct 16 2017. They got the phone and signed for it Oct 23rd 2017. I waited weeks for my promotion codes and my refund. I called and called and I just got lies, "Wait more time. 7 to 15 days. It will be escalated to higher management." I had to borrow a phone because Samsung had my only phone. I was tried poorly and rudely by their customer service! I could hung up on and laughed at. I wrote complaints to Samsung about their customer service. I called over departments asking for help and letting them know I was promised promotion codes and refunded to order a new non defective Note 8 and received nothing! I was even told they were just behind on things and to keep waiting! I said let me talk with a supervisor. All the supervisor would say is, "We have to wait for upper management to approve thing and to wait another 7 days!"

It should not take over a month to get a phone and a refund and promotion codes to order a new phone. I even was told Samsung would give freebies from one customer service rep for the inconvenience, just to get me off the phone. I had to get the BBB involved to help out and all Samsung of the president would say is, "Wait on upper management's approval but you will get everything that was promised to you." I was told that someone from Samsung would call me and they never did. I wrote them back through the office BBB and they still would not help me get my phone or refund me! I called back ECommerce for help and told them, "This is stealing and against the law to take my money and two of my phones and leave me with nothing." All because they gave me a defective phone that just need to be replaced! I never did anything bad to these companies to be treated this way!

They said they have good customer service but they don't! They don’t care at all! There is no communication or organization at all with Samsung! I’m borrowing a phone now that I have to give back in a week. I told them this and they just said wait another 7 days! I told them, "So you don’t care if I’m in an accident and have no phone to use." They just said they will make note and wait on upper management! This is out of control unprofessional and uncalled for. I’m not the only one going through false promises and lies. There are other people I have spoke to that were promised promotional codes that were Note 7 owners that never got them. They have two cells they bought and only got one promotion code. People that did the preorder of the phone were promised promotional freebies items for ordering early were never given codes for that either!

Every person I spoke to just says the Samsung and ECommerce keep saying keep waiting for codes that will never come because they stopped giving out codes back in late October! I sent my defective phone back before the promotion codes were over and still have not gotten my cell Phone refund or freebies I was forced to return! Samsung and ECommerce are just st saying keep waiting in hopes to get us off their backs and hope we will move on eventually! They are not telling the truth and even lying to the BBB. I have email and reference numbers for all of this! (Samsung, ECommerce and the BBB interactions) All I want is my Note 8 and the freebies back I was forced to return! There is not reason to lie to people and not be truthful about your services! I would not recommend buying from this company directly at all.

I need this situation fixed and resolved. It should not come down to this. Samsung even said I already returned everything but never addressed the fact that they owe me a new Phone and promotions they promised me! One month to wait on a preorder phone and two months with no refund Phone or freebies is fraud! I should not have to call customer service 15 times a month to get help only to get pushed aside! Samsung said that it was going to be better to its customers and make up for the Note 7 mistake and they have not. I’m being treated worse than ever before!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Samsung has well organized contacts listing, grouping, call type timing history and works well on the internet browsing with favorites and history. Has good set of utilitarian apps and good navigation. Reliable, very good camera and good filing system.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Impressive! I would suggest this SAMSUNG PHONE compared to iPhone products. I would rather have a dependable source for communication when communication is necessary.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I keep a Samsung cell phone for years & appreciate when a new phone is created. I don't have to rush out & spend the cash... Mine is up to date & reliable.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The phone I have is a Samsung smartphone, and I basically use it for texting, making calls, and sometimes playing a game or two. A pretty decent phone, but the battery doesn't stay charged for long.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I love my Samsung Galaxy S6. It's easy to use, the battery lasts all day and if for some reason I'm using it more than usual the power saving mode can easily get me through the day. Call quality and picture quality are also great.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have a Galaxy S5 and Iove it. I use to have an iPhone that I could not use in my home even though a tower is right down the street. My Samsung is fantastic. I can even make and receive calls in my basement. It is very easy to customize my phone and change settings. I would highly recommend this product.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

This phone has a lot of unwanted applications that I cannot uninstall. Not only that, these programs update themselves every time even though I have disabled some of them. There is no way to stop automatic updates. I hate this phone and will never get another Android.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

This is the best phone I ever had and the only computer that ever liked me! It is outdated however and freezes sometimes when texting to an iPhone. Battery needs frequent charging too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A lot of drop calls, little or no bars and poor service when calling. Very slow charging and slow internet. Pictures are not clear and poor color.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

So my Samsung Galaxy Eclipse phone, only 6 mos old caught on fire from only being on the charger for about 25 minutes. I only used the original charger and USB cable given with my phone to charge. I didn't pay a contract fee for my phone. I bought it full price. Samsung clearly is not thinking about customer safety. They said that I'm being overdramatic about my phone catching on fire and that this isn't a big issue. So they said my phone is repairable and that they are going to give me back the phone that starts fires because that's their rules.

After explaining that I have property damage in which they have all proof of the fire damage to my home plus the physical damage to myself for trying to put out the fire with my hands (I know stupid). And they have all the hospital and bills with pictures, that my only choice is to accept the fire prone phone back. Well then I explained, "Would you want to sleep knowing your phone was going to catch on fire," and they told me that personally they don't have Samsung products and if I seen the news about issues such as this then I give up my rights to a safe phone. Now they have my phone and it's been two months without a phone. I'm at lost on how to get this resolved in a logical manner as to getting a new phone or my money back. I have all their emails to me and proof that they are the standard of cellphone slum lords. Do not buy anything Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have a Samsung 7 Edge and the screen has 1 image burned into the screen. It has been that way for a while. The AT&T salesman says that is common and he would not let me trade it in. This will be my last Samsung product.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased this product at a Samsung store inside Union Station in Washington DC. I was issued a receipt from orders@shop.us.samsung.com. To my non-legal mind, this is evidence my transaction was between me and Samsung. Yet, 1.800. SAMSUNG refuses to authorize a return, insisting I deal with the Samsung store where the purchase was made, a location which is about 300 miles from my residence. Had I bought an iPhone from an Apple Store, anywhere in the US, I could have concluded the return by phone or by going to any Apple Store in any city in the US. Unconscionable abuse of the consumer's rights on the part of a multibillion dollar transnational corporation. I'll sell the Note 8 privately, at a loss, and stick with iPhone from now on.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information

Samsung Computers and Monitors
1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use