1.02/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

709 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This is the worst "customer service" I have ever received in my entire life. My cell phone caught on fire in August. I paid $720 for the phone and a month after it was done being paid off, it caught on fire IN MY HAND! I was not using it and it was not on the charger. I contacted Samsung immediately and was advised that they were going to be mailing me a box to send the phone back for further investigation. I received the box and sent my phone back. I received an email from them on 9/20/2018 stating that they received the phone back Copied from the email - "This email will confirm receipt of your device. An attempt to reach you by phone was made, but unfortunately there was no answer or voicemail pickup.

As far as the phone is concerned it will undergo further analysis, however, to not delay resolution, I can proceed with submitting a refund request, but only for the phone ($679.99) and a similar case found on Amazon ($7.99) ** plus $41.28 (Tax),Total compensation $729.26. While additional accessories may have been purchased for the phone, these items were not damaged. The SIM card & SD Card left inside the device will be mailed back to you. You will need to check your email frequently because once the refund request has been reviewed by accounting and authorized you will receive an email to confirm your preferred payment method (direct deposit/check). You will have 3 business days to make a direct deposit selection before method of payment will be deferred to a mailed check via US Postal Mail, which would be sent to..."

I wanted direct deposit but when I went to enter it, the site said my routing was invalid. NOT TRUE. I called and emailed to ask what to do about this because I really did not want to have to wait for a check to be cut and mailed. The lady that emailed (always from **) me back told me to email ** and put routing in the subject line with my refund claim number. She also stated that she showed I selected check and asked if I was OK with proceeding with the refund in the form of a check. I emailed her back on September 24, 2018 and said I would rather get the direct deposit because it is faster but I don’t know if it’s because of the type of card I have. I emailed the refunds department several times and never received a response from them. She replied back and told me on September 28, 2018 telling me that the email I received that day was “just letting you know the check has been processed by the bank and mail no further action is required”.

I have all of these emails printed out. There’s over 43 in one thread and another “million” in another thread. I have reached out almost every single day by Phone to the 800-number and have gotten absolutely nowhere with them. I am placed on hold for over an hour sometimes two hours and then the call is disconnected, not on my end but on their end. On October 9th I emailed the same PLmail email from above and said “good morning is there a tracking number for the check. I still haven’t received it” and nobody replied. Sometime later on in October I finally received an eight dollar check. I waited a few days to allow the second check to come in for the $720 and when it did not come, I called the customer service line and could not get anywhere with anybody. I keep getting the runaround.

It is absolutely insane the type of “customer service” you receive or should I say do not receive because you’re either told they’re going to get you a supervisor on the phone and then they hang up on you or they place you on hold forever. And then hang up on you or they tell you they’re gonna have to look into it and have somebody call you back and they don’t or they tell you it’s being escalated and that someone will reach out in 24 to 48 hours and no one does, which they’ve told a million times for the past months. I was told once I finally got in touch with somebody about the $720 check, telling them that I received the eight dollar check. They told me that if I do not receive the $720 by October 30th then to call back and that they will put a stop payment on that check and re-issue it.

I called back on October 30 and advised that I did not receive the check, I was then told that they were waiting for me to call back to verify the address because they received the check back in their office supposedly on October 23. The crazy thing is that they had my address correct for the eight dollar check but want to say that they sent the $720 check to a PO Box which I have never had in my entire life. They said that the check was returned back to them. How is it that I receive the eight dollar check to the correct address but not the $720 check. I have spent several Months on the phone and I have wasted hours of my lunch period trying to get this resolved and nothing!

I have threatened and said I was taking them to small claims court to try and see if that will get this resolved but NO! I have spent several lunch hours at work trying to get someone to help me and then have to hang up because I am getting nowhere and because I have to clock myself back in. Sometimes I am told to call back and ask for the customer relations team. I call back when I get off work and am placed on hold for another few hours and then told that it’s going to be escalated. It's been escalated over 100 times since October 30 and I have still yet to receive the refund check it a call.

I have done chat support with somebody and was told they will escalate this! Then nothing. I have emailed and emailed and emailed, I have called and called and called. I emailed the corporate office and finally received a response back from a girl named Rachel, who wrote me on November 20, 2018 and stated “hello we are working internally to check on both your refund and compensation ticket. We will be in contact with you once we can figure out what the issue is. Please be on the lookout for a call from myself next week. We will try to ship out your check quickly once confirmed. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for being patient with us”. I wrote an extremely long email to this lady because there’s no issue. I basically stated...

I was told I was supposed to be receiving $720 for the phone that they have in their possession. They told me to mail the phone back which I did, I was emailed and told that I should be receiving a check soon I have yet to receive it.” This has been going on since August, it is now December 5th and nothing! She didn’t reply to the long email that I wrote but then when I turned around and wrote again on the November 27 I said “hello I called yesterday to get an update was transferred to the executive customer solutions team. The rep I spoke to said she did not show an update and placed me on hold to get with her supervisor about it. She never came back to line and disconnected at 8:54” by the rep not me! That night I was placed on hold for over 2 hours!!! And no one checked back in with me.

I called from a different phone and told the rep that I was still on hold and asked to speak to a supervisor (like I have a million times before). I called back again and they hung up on me. I called back again and spoke to someone who said that the call was probably disconnected the first time because the department was closed??? How was it closed when I was speaking to someone in that department and she was supposedly getting me on the line with her supervisor??? No, that’s not why the call disconnected at 8:54 when that department closes at 9pm, it was because that rep had me on hold for 2 hours and then him lg up because she was about to leave for the day.

I asked that rep for the names the all of the reps I have spoken to and an email with all of the notations on my account. He told me he could not do that. I told him some of the days that I had called and asked for the names of those wraps specifically because one was named Ruth and he didn’t see any notes from Ruth. Ruth told me I was guaranteed to get a check on Monday before Thanksgiving and never did! She didn’t even note my acct! I gave him more dates and he said that there was no notes! I asked if the calls were recorded and he said they are supposed to be but not all of them are??? That doesn’t even make sense. How are you a multi billion dollar company and your reps aren’t even able to note accts and your calls aren’t recorded??? That’s insane to me.

Rachelle emailed me back November 27 at 4:42 PM “thank you for your patience. We apologize for the inconvenience. You should have asked you she may have experienced in the future. Please avoid calling into the 800 number to avoid and confusion as your case is currently in process at the corporate office level. We requested our finance team to re-issue the check to your address once approved both will be issued to your house. Please note both checks will be canceled.” It is now deck 5th and I haven’t received the check yet. I have emailed her 3 more times to ask for tracking info on the check and to ask for an update and she has not replied!

I want my check! I paid for the phone, they told me they would send me the check so send it! This is ridiculous. I’m starting to think I really should just go file a suit and take them to small claims court. I deserve to be paid for the hours/months I spent on the phone and for all of the lunch breaks I have had to waste in the phone with such incompetent people! Horrible service! The worst I have ever experienced. If there is a way I can upload the emails, I will do it tomorrow. I tried giving zero stars and it sent me back to add 1...if I could give a negative 100 I would!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

It has been exposed that Samsung has done it again. They are using DSLR images and promoting their smartphone cameras saying that those images were captured using their smartphone cameras when in fact this is completely untrue and they have instead utilized DSLR cameras to capture these images. Samsung needs to be penalized for bait advertising.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Samsung has had my S8 since October 25th and I have spent 5-6 hours on the phone with them. The only thing they do well is apologize. No more Samsung phones for this family. I just want my phone back repaired... Is that too much to ask? If I could give 0 stars I would.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased a new S9 phone in Aug after having issues purchasing from Verizon over the years - plus, I wanted an unlocked phone, no contract and could put up the cash for the initial purchase. I was delighted when I got a $100 discount as long as I returned my phone in the shape I said it was in and I restored to factory settings. So, I not only restored to factory settings TWICE but I went into Verizon and they ALSO restored to factory settings. I got an email from Samsung about 15 days after they received the product saying I didn't restore to factory settings...and they were going to charge me $ 75 in 4 days. Unfortunately, I was out of the country and wasn't able to contest this charge via phone or email.

Needless to say, I have called Samsung a number of times to get this corrected only to be given wrong information EVERY SINGLE TIME. Absolutely horrible experience. I feel like it was a bait and switch scenario met with complete incompetence. Makes me wonder if this is a common practice - provide a discount only to charge the customer with no recourse on the customer side for FALSELY charging me. Today, I receive an email with a $50 voucher to be used in 90 days on my next Samsung purchase. Needless to say, this will likely be my LAST purchase from them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Samsung has committed what I can only call legalized theft and I'm disgusted with them. I will never ever purchase anything from this company in the future. Essentially I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S8+ for the value of $400 against a new Galaxy 9+, I followed their terms and conditions since the phone is in excellent condition, I wiped the phone and reset it to factory condition.

Upon receiving the new phone I sent my Galaxy S8+ to them which took around 2-3 Weeks to process and on Friday I received an email from Samsung stating the phone did not meet their conditions based on the following: ·Device is locked and cannot be accessed & ·Device's personal content not erased, it provided two pictures that did not substantiate their claim and essentially they will be charging me $400 with no option of getting the phone back. This is the modern definition of daylight robbery and I suspect someone has tampered with the phone since I've traded in numerous phones in the past and never had this problem. Stay away from Samsung if you want to avoid losing money plus your phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The problems with cell phones we've had is weak or failed batteries. Samsung phones no longer have replaceable batteries. BUT LG phones DO!! I just snapped open my wife's LG and changed the battery. Got caught in the rain, my Samsung S6 got wet. Ruined. Can't open it to dry it. Put it in rice but no help. So, bought a less expensive J3... which came with Bixby. LG phones can be opened (no tools needed) and dried out.

Bixby (poorly designed and flaky) is a pop-up screen insistently offering Samsung services, and which cannot be disabled from the menu system, you must instead open a Samsung account. Which account sent us notifications insistently for a week, and CANNOT BE DISABLED. It woke us up at 1:34am this morning, and again at 4:03am and sent a notification every hour since. I have tried 8 different methods on the net for stopping these notifications; all failed. Samsung, feels they still own the phone, and the user!! Greedily trying to compete with Alexa and Google Play devices. NO MORE SAMSUNGS FOR ME.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Repair service is terrible. Have had my phone for a month and tell me it is fixed, however they have neglected to send it to me. Each person says it is on its way- I still do not have it. For the third time I was told I would have it a week ago Wed. Still did not have it by Friday. Then they said Monday. Then they said today (Tuesday) - still not here. If not here by tomorrow (Wed) my attorney will be contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S8 is made in such a way as to break easily, difficult to change battery (14 screws to change battery), breaking the case to get in. Samsung needs more sales and makes junk phones. This is the last time I get a Samsung phone. Be warned if you are going to get a Samsung phone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This may be somewhat lengthy, but I want to include all of the details. Several weeks ago, Galaxy Note 8 crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. Eventually, it made it to the recovery screen, where I attempted to Reboot Now. This resulted in the same loop. Back in the recovery screen, I attempted a factory reset. I was met with a Data Wipe Failed message. At this point, I contacted Samsung support. After talking with many individuals, I received a ticket **. I sent the phone in for repair, and a week and a half later, received it back with the Problem Found: Lock Up During Operation (SW) and the Solutions: Software Emergency Recovery. I went to turn on the phone and was met with a screen that read: "Device Storage Corrupt. The data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data." and a RESET button at the bottom.

This is AFTER receiving the phone back with all the Mobile Phone Test Results from the Service Repair Statement being marked as Pass. I press the RESET button, and am met with a blue screen and the android logo, with an Erasing message at the bottom. After a couple minutes, the logo falls over, a yellow exclamation point appears, and the screen says Error. It then boots back to the Recovery Screen, with a Data Wipe Failed message. I call Samsung back again and receive a ticket ** from Cherrie(?). During this conversation, she says she is sending 1 day air shipping both to and from Samsung, as well as noting this repair is to be expedited. She says the repair should take no more than 24 hours, and if they cannot repair the phone, they will be sending me a replacement.

Also, I am told that if I have not heard anything, to call the Repair Department directly. After the phone has been received, as notified through UPS, I wait over 24 hours before making a call. When the phone has finally been ACTUALLY received by the repair department, I am told they have a 72 hour SLA and that is as much expedition as they can do. I ask to speak with someone from the case management office, and I am told I will receive a call in 24 hours, which then changes to 24-48 hours after I am put on hold for several minutes. This was on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018. Today, September 11th, 2018, I have still never received any such call. I received my phone back today, after the SECOND time sending it in for repair, in the same exact state, with a Device Storage Corrupt screen and a Data Wipe Failed upon trying to reset to factory.

I view the Service Repair Statement from this repair, to find to my surprise the "initial concern reported" was: POWER/POWER/WILL NOT POWER UP and the Problem Found: No Trouble Found. Well, obviously no trouble was found with that concern, as it is not related at all to the issue. Nowhere in the ticket was any detail of the phone not turning on. In multiple conversations I mentioned the exact words Device Storage Corruption and Data Wipe Failed, which I was told was logged in the ticket. Again, a series of Mobile Phone Test Results with "Pass" was included. There is no way any besides the Power Test could have passed, since that is the only part of the phone that works. I called and spoke to several people tonight. First was Felicia, from 1-800-SAMSUNG, and she escalated my call to her supervisor, Alexis, who told me I would actually need to talk to someone in Triage, where she then transferred me.

I could not understand the man's name in Triage, but was then transferred to a woman in the case management team. She gave me the same blanket statement that I needed to send the phone in repair, and that was the only option, so I asked to speak with her supervisor. I was transferred to a man named Johansson, who, in all honesty, was one of the worst customer service people I have ever spoken with on any issue. He repeated himself constantly, telling me the only thing I could do is send the phone in for repair again, because I did not qualify for a replacement or refund, based on the ticket ** being (incorrectly) marked as No Trouble Found. That has nothing to do with me.

The ticket, along with the prior ticket, had all of the relevant information regarding the problem, but because whoever the repair technician was that worked on the phone ignored those details, I am now in a situation where I'm told my only option is sending in the phone again. Any repair should not take 3 times, several weeks, and multiple tickets to create. I no longer have any faith in Samsung's repair center or its quality tests. I asked repeatedly for any legitimate logs/records/history that the tests were ran on the phone after the "repair", and Johansson constantly remained silent for several minutes, ignoring my statements and questions, until I asked several times if anyone was there anymore.

He told me that he has all of the authority and that he has decided I have no right to a replacement or refund based on the prior tickets "resolution". Again, when asking for escalation or any legitimate solutions, he remained completely silent, until he ended the call. If at all possible, I would like to make a formal complaint against Johannson, apart from this giant catastrophe of a repair management system.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Never experienced service this awful. My wife's S8 plus phone's camera has failed. The phone is still under warranty and I had followed all their instructions to resolve the issue until they asked me to send her phone in for service which will take 9 to 11 business days to repair. This would be understandable if they offered a loaner, however they expect my wife to be ok without a phone for 9 to 11 business days. How is this ok in today's world? I have been an extremely loyal Samsung fan for almost 2 decades, but I will never get another Samsung after this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

If you are part of the hundreds of millions of multilingual people you expect your phone's keyboard to be able to recognise the language of a message you receive. Whether it's by email, WhatsApp or SMS you expect a 1000 USD smartphone to be able to change the keyboard automatically and have it in the language of the people you communicate with. But no. Galaxy Note 9 is not a smartphone, it's a stupid phone.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I pre-ordered a Note 9. So I was supposed to get mine first. They told me it would be shipped August 24th. Took my money. I got my shipping. I didn't get my shipping details so I contacted them they were rude condescending and just talk to me like I was an idiot. So the customer service is ridiculous and then I was like it was supposed to ship the 24th. Then they told me it wouldn't ship till the 3rd I told him it was unacceptable they had to ship it sooner I was told the 24th. Now I'm going to email saying it won't even ship until September 24th. Now I have to wait for 30 days after it's already out on the market. It's unacceptable. The whole point of me preorder it was I was supposed to get mine first. I can go right down the road and buy it from AT&T Now. Now they won't refund my money they're keeping it and making me wait months after I pre-ordered it. I buy everything Samsung. I will never shop Samsung again. Buyers beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The Galaxy S9 Plus is completely worthless when it comes to security. I had problems with the previous phone. I got a new one and still the same issues. I know it wasn't cloud related because it happens before updates on brand new phones. You can't rely on Samsung security.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased an S9 from Samsung with a $200 trade in agreement for my S6. I factory reset the phone and mailed it back to them the same day that I received the S9 in the mail. After the 15 day return window, they informed me that they would not accept my phone because it was locked and I could not return the S9. I have called and emailed multiple times to no avail. They cannot explain how a factory reset phone is locked.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I switched cell carriers last July from Sprint to T-Mobile. I bought 2 Galaxy S8 phones through Samsung (not the carrier) at 3:10 PM online. The Samsung website still the BOGO promo on their site if I bought 2 phones and signed up with T-Mobile I would receive a $750 Visa Gift Card for basically paying for the 2nd phone. After 3 months of no gift card, I started calling Samsung. After 2 months of being told that they were investigating my request, I was told that it would be escalated. After another month of getting the runaround I finally was told that I wouldn't get gift card because they pulled the promo at 10:30 AM, the SAME DAY I purchased the phones.

Asking why their site still had the promo listed at 3:10 that same day, I could not get an answer. I then emailed the "Office of the USA President of Samsung". After another month "escalating my request, I finally get an answer. That my request could not be honored... no reason or explanation. Let them know this was my 6th Samsung phone and had purchased 3 of their TVs in the last 3 years. Still nothing. Lost a customer for life over $750 because they refused to honor a promotion that was advertised 5 hours before a purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I decided to go and buy the new Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. I was going to enroll in the trade in program, then I decided not to do the trade in. A person from Samsung told me I could use the labels send on my email. Now it's been 4 months and the phones end in the trade in dept. I been on the phone for the past 4 months and they keep telling me that they have to escalate the situation.

Finally 3 weeks ago they gave me the news that the trade in department got in touch with the return department and YES that trade in department has the 2 brand new phones, this was 3 weeks ago. Now when I called they told me the same as 4 months ago that I have to keep and they have to escalate the issue. I feel Samsung is trying to steal my mo es because now I am paying for 2 phones I don't have and therefore I feel and believe they are delaying the refund of my money. They want me to pay them all am and then keep the phones and my money. My experience with Samsung it's been the worse. They are very unprofessional. They treat people with no respect.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I don't even know how to explain all that I have gone through since my new phone arrived on my birthday April 2nd, it has been the worst experience and nightmare I have ever went through. I could not wait to get my new phone. It was preordered, so I had to wait, a few weeks no biggy. When I received the phone that's when all hell started. I couldn't activate it. I was suppose to have had a Sprint 64Gb phone on a their network.

Well as days and hrs went by trying to figure out why they couldn't activate my phone a tech finally realized and did some research on the MEID #s and it wasn't a Sprint phone. "Or let's just say it wasn't on their network." This was a AT&T phone and running off a whole other network. *(Something I have learned about the phone companies now.) Well this is after 2 weeks of calling and spending hrs and hrs on phone with techs and service dept, and actual phone companies, Sprint would not touch my phone. Said it wasn't theirs and could not unlock the device.

So after running out and buying sim cards and calling 3 different phone places I was so upset nothing wasn't working. And I finally called sales dept with Samsung. This women (I know her name now from my last confrontation 3 months later I ended up with the same women that made this whole thing and situation harder and worse than it had to be. I knew it was her when she started talking and her nasty attitude right from the jump) well when I made the first call to sales after two weeks. Went through the whole ordeal of what has been happening. She was not help then tells me it had been 15 days, and there was nothing that could be done. Omg, I thought I was going to explode. I said, "You're telling me this is a unworkable phone and I spent 966$ to just forget about it, and brush this off like nothing." She was very, very nasty in helping me as a customer that was crying at this point.

I said, "I just don't have that kind of money to throw away and not think nothing of it this is crazy." I demanded to speak to the person over top of her, she said all the supervisors were busy, and I said, "I have been on this phone over 1 1/2 hrs and you are telling me I can't speak to a rep." The phone was disconnected, and let me say the disconnected phone issue had already been going on for weeks, so this was something that had me heated already having to explain the whole story over and over. Sometimes 5 representatives in one call sometimes, very, very frustration and takes your whole day and makes your day very upsetting not getting anywhere.

Well hear I was a month in and I'm still calling and I'm still driving to the phone stores and I even went to try to activate at place the phone was under. After being with my phone service 5 yrs on a family plan, I didn't care. I just wanted the phone on. Finally into the second month a all day phone call I was able to get a supervisor on phone and he let me talk and tell the whole story from beginning to end. And telling him that this should have been handled my first time complaining on that 2nd wk phone call, where I wasn't in fact 15 days with phone. So I was entitled then for a return. So at this time he wanted to submit this complaint and order in to whatever high up office, to see if I could get a one time return.

"Omg" don't you know next day I tried to call him a few times still needing to go through a lot of talking and 1 hr just getting to him. He told me I was approved for a one time return that he was sending me a print label to my email and told me everything I had to do with the order #. I was so thankable to him and so finally I can just get my money back and get another one that were cheaper and offering way better deals at this time. I sent phone off on that Monday morning. Our last talk was on Friday evening, I started calling after 2 weeks the phone had been sent back trying to figure out where my refund was. Lol I think they blocked my #. I couldn't even get through. Next thing I knew I had a FedEx man at my door on the 2nd of June having me sign for a package. It was my phone.

Omg I busted in tears. Literally I was crying over this whole mess. The letter was marked in a box saying - this phone is past the 30 days return. Omg what??? Lol I thought it was 15 days remember thats what I was told on April 16th and why was I getting this phone back after being approved. There it all started again, I even tried to write to President + CEO of Samsung Electronics "Tim Baxter" then tried to write "John **" Sr. Vice President and "Michael **" (Customer Care) of Samsung Electronics. Never ever receiving nothing back from them. I was in shock at this point. Very, very upset over that much money just gone wasted sitting here with a device I can't do anything with just brought me to tears again. They are all on LinkedIn bragging about how they care and take pride in their products and customer satisfaction with his 33 billion dollar business.

I at this point made that last call, when realizing after 4 reps and 56 minutes in on this call I get this lady, the one I talked about in the beginning. After talking to her 5 min I knew it was her the only one that was pure English, and still nasty by the end of call, because after she said reading into my notes I was denied, she started to get the nasty talk and trying to talk over me. Personality same as she had on the first call because she realized after looking into notes realized she was the one who took first phone call. She then said I couldnt talk to a supervisor and that they were all busy and then said they will submit this and I would hear back on it. "Now 3 months in on this" (nothing). I have never ever been so upset with this whole order of one freakin phone in all my life. A man with a 33 billion dollar business and this is one customer that truly loves her Samsung products.

I have many IM on my S8 right now. Can not believe I have been treated this way and cannot believe there's nothing I can do but blast this all over the internet, tell family, friends, co workers, and anyone I can. The way I have been treated over this phone. I will keep fighting this and truly know I have a case with all this. But I am on disability not good health and just don't have it in me to take this to a courtroom. But to know Mr. Baxter or any of the management team does not care about me or what has happened. And that you might as well say you just took almost a thousand dollars from me, and not do anything about this "just blows my mind." I have never dealt with a business or corporate business and never have not been takin care of, especially when this isn't even my fault.

I just was sent the wrong phone. I could have handled all of this, if they just made it right. This is one longtime customer that is very disappointed in how this has been handled, and very upset I'm out of hard earned money I saved for many months to get this for my birthday, at 52 yrs old. I just like to enjoy my electronics, and be at peace. This is horribly disturbing to hope that no one else has had to endured anything like this. By the way I would like to throw the name of the terrible terrible representative that handled this terribly on first. And how weird last call her name was Katherine in sales for Samsung Electronics, sad to have someone to talk to people like that in her line of work.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I preordered my phone, my husband ordered his phone after they came out. I've been having problems with my phone dropping calls or people not hearing me since I got the phone. My husband has no issues, it stopped for a while then started back so I decided to use my Note 5 and send my Note 8 in. I've always bought my phones from Sprint and had no problem with having repairs. Today I get an email from Samsung stating they changed the repair cost from 0 to $658.16, really? My phone isn't even paid for. They said they found power charging issues and charging error message. I didn't have a problem with my phone charging before I sent it.

Then I called the # on the email 3 times, people kept reading me the same info that was in the email. Finally after someone notifies me that there was 2 facilities and my phone was at the other so that's all the info they had, I told them that I should be speaking to someone at the location of my phone, she gives me another number for this lady to tell me that the tech said my phone has a bad motherboard... really? 1st time hearing this and at what point did this charge become mine. What did I do to make the motherboard "heart of the phone" bad. I've been a Samsung advocate all of my adult years until now! I'll never buy another.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. I removed the sim card to insert the sim card into my new Samsung Galaxy S8. After I did this, it locked me out of the phone completely. I called tech support at Samsung and followed all of their directions to the tee. They instructed me to provide proof of purchase of my phone, which I did. They sent me a shipping label and told me to send it to Mac Allen Texas to their service center and they would unlock it and return it to me at no charge.

It has been over two months now and I have still not received my phone. Every time I call I have to explain it all over and over again and then I am told it has been unlocked but hasn't gone through quality control. It has been over two months! Their customer service people are rude, unprofessional and talk over you when you try to talk to them, I own a Samsung laptop, a Samsung Tablet, a Samsung Refrigerator, a Samsung TV and I have even been an employee of Samsung Techwin in the past. I will never buy another Samsung product again. I will be buy Apple phones and anything but Samsung now. Apparently this company could care less about the customer.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I bought a brand new Samsung phone in December 2017. The microphone quit working in June. I sent to Samsung and they emailed me to say the phone was no longer under warranty because the TSP is broken. They will only repair if I pay $156. NO WAY - the phone was never "damaged" or dropped. I did not damage anything - it just quit working and I don't appreciate that implication! The customer service rep told me too bad, they will not fix it for free and they will not escalate my complaint. They do not care about customer service and clearly do not stand behind their products. I have never been so completely dismissed by a company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I send my super clean S7 Edge, do all what they said about factory reset and send next day that I get the return box, they take 150 USD. for the trade towards the new phone, 4 month later they take 125 USD. out of my account and said that I have to do some other weird thing to the phone and that they are going to take possession of the phone for $25 dollars. We ask to charge the full price for the new phone and return the old one that we know it’s worth a lot more, they said not sorry, just stole it with white gloves. NOTE: THAT WE MAKE THIS ORDER ON 01/02/2018. THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT 06/20/2018.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased three (03) Samsung Galaxy Note 8 cell phones two in December 2017 right around Christmas and one in January 2018. So far, the two phones I purchased in December 2017 both experienced a screen failure. Both phones were sent to Texas for Samsung to repair. My sons phone came back repaired with a green border around the case and all information intact. My Note 8 was returned missing the S Pen and all my work information that I write in Samsung Notes along with everything that was on the phone had been erased and removed from the cell phone.

When I called Samsung to report this today when I received my phone back they had a carefree attitude, and this is disheartening. I had all the notes from several business meetings contained in the Samsung Notes. I also had numerous proprietary applications on my cell phone that Samsung didn’t care I lost. Also, they said they will send me a replacement “S” Pen but don’t know when it will arrive. I requested they FedEx it to me or give me a credit to my account to for $30.00 and I will go buy a new “S” Pen. They refused both options. I also requested they compensate me for the loss of my information and apps and the inconvenience it is causing me. They REFUSED!!!

I spoke with customer service supervisor Sachin who was no help. Sachin transferred me to Executive Team Member Jackson who placed me on hold for 15 minutes and then pretended he could not hear me and disconnected the call. He never called me back. I immediately called back and spoke with Lara who refused to connect me with the Executive team and told me there is no phone number to reach the Executive Team. They can only call me. They lie, Lie and then Lie even more. I have been a lover of Samsung products for many years and have owned over twenty (20) Samsung cell phones and numerous other Samsung products. After this experience I do not know if I will ever buy another Samsung product again. Samsung should be ASHAMED of their lack of customer service.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had purchase the phone on 04/17 and return it on 04/25. But have accidentally send it to trade in department instead of return department. Which trade in department has received on 04/25. Till today's date I haven't receive my refund yet. Initially I was told it will take longer time 21-30 days. After 30 days passed by I was told it will take 7 days. I have waited all these days but no refund yet. The product was financed from Samsung. I have already made 1st payment and 2nd payment is due on 06/17. I am making payments for no reason.

This concern has transferred to so called higher department 10 times already but no response yet. I don't know what's going on here, I understand since its was my error it takes time but now this is taking ridiculously long time. None of the customer service know anything even their so-called supervisor and they are rude, just copying pasting policy and trying to hang up. Mr. ** literary hung up on me. I have already lost my patient level and I really want refund department to issue my refund. As of now they have my money and your product.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After sending in my old phone, which was in excellent conditions, months after receiving my new phone Samsung reversed the amount they credited me and charge my credit card. They said my trade-in phone was damaged, which is so far from the truth. Why would I do the program if I knew my phone was damaged??? Tried for months to get this resolved, filed a claim, which they did not approve. Very poor customer service!! Kept getting the runaround for almost a year!!! Do Not Use Samsung's Trade-in Program.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought Note 8 last October. Being send back and forward for overheating issues for 3 times to Samsung repair department. Asking for the refunds or replacement with a new one. They are really horrible. Talking liked circle. Assure the product is repaired and passed their tests in the good conditions. Yeah right. Talking is so cheap. Whenever I got it back to use, it’s still no good. The Note 8 still overheated after use for 3 hrs such GPS. Now I am stuck with the bad product which I spent cash $960 for this one. Is there any way to sue Samsung since they are really suck?

Original review: May 20, 2018

In November 23, 2017 I placed an order with Samsung as a result of Black Friday advertisement to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, 64 GB, Verizon version with a trade of an S7 plus. I received a single phone with nothing at all in the envelope. Samsung said it is brand new, it looks refurbished. However, the phone is good, works, I still have it. I paid $560.00 in addition to the S7 plus trade. Just look how expensive was just a single phone with no box, shipped in the envelope.

Who will believe Samsung Corporation will ship a Single phone in an envelope with no instruction manual, no charger at all, no box, no headset, nothing at all, just like any person handed his phone or donate to someone, will give basic instruction and at least one charger. That's why phone dealers told me that they sent me a refurbished phone and claimed as a brand new out of factory. I took the phone and the envelope to show to phone dealers, they were upset. I am sad, they are not honest. Everyone can make a simple judgement for over $1000 value if you add the trade for a single naked phone in the envelope. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THAT, IF THIS IS A BLACK FRIDAY DEAL.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I returned a Galaxy S9. Never taken out of the box. Still in the box they sent me on March 14, They received it a week later according to the tracking information and the email saying they have received the phone and will begin the refund. On April 19th I still have not received a refund so I called Samsung who said they will send it to escalations and should receive a refund within 2 weeks. I called again on May 4th. Again they said they will send it to escalations and this is a serious issue and that I should have received my refund by now but they will make it a priority and put it at the top and send it to escalations.

Again I call 2 weeks later. Was told the same thing but now it's they can't do much more and they are backlogged but will make a priority again but that's all they can do. This will be my last Samsung purchase from such a big company they have the worse service I have ever seen. They take the phone, keep the money then give you the runaround. If you ever buy a Samsung product and need to return it and looking for a refund start praying because it's going to take a act of mercy for Samsung to care.

Original review: May 8, 2018

They don't deserve any stars because of their poor customer service. When you call them you will not get any results. All they do is talk in circles and riddles. I don't know why their service is so bad but they need to do better than they do because their phones are not cheap. They need to be more respect for their customers. I will never buy another Samsung phone and I will tell everyone that I know not buy them either.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased S9+ on release date in March 2018. May 1, 2018 Samsung offered preorder for S9+ with expanded memory. (128/256 Gigabytes) Customer Care refuses a remedy to replace unit. The updated unit was marketed with practically same price.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Bought a brand new Samsung S8 for about $700 from Xfinity Mobile. 2 1/2 months later, the phone died due to defective charging/battery. After 4 replacements, no this is not a typo, I am still waiting for latest resolution. It's interesting that foreign speaker with heavy accents works with the customer service line with regular American names. They are super apologetic and service oriented with nice words. The big problems are that, they are reading off of a script, doesn't know what you are talking about, and cannot do anything other than passing the buck. What a complete waste of time!!! I've been a loyal Samsung electronic consumer for more than ten years. They've taught me lessons and horror dealing with them/products which I will not forget. I am certainly not an IPhone person but have bought the IPhone 8+ without choice since I need a phone. It works like the way it should. therefore, I am happy needless to say.

Just got off the phone with Samsung regarding the status of my phone. Of course, they cannot transfer me to the people that make decisions. It's always layer and layer of excuses. This means more waiting before they send out the replacement. The bottom line. If you enjoy torture, spend $700 and buy yourself a Samsung S8 cell phone. It will not disappoint for sure (when I purchased the iPhone, the store clerk at Xfinity even told me that they have no inventory of the Samsung S8 because they had to send all of their store inventory back. Therefore, this problem is certainly no secret to the phone companies. Meanwhile, let the general public suffocate and pay for a piece of crap that's certain to fail).

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information