Samsung Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Don't believe their warranty or their customer service because they really don't know what they are doing and whatever they do they screw up. They are truly a company I won't have anything else to do with forever. As I told them I don't need a high tech phone but I do use high tech appliances and they will not get my business because they are the worst. They do a lot of outsourcing and you can tell. They were a bad experience from the first time I sent my cheap cell phone in on warranty till they told me that they would replace it and never followed through. They wanted to open another ticket but forget it. They aren't worth it.

I have always loved Samsung products but the tablet my husband and I spent almost 600.00 and used 6 or 7 times is not working and repairing it is going to cost another couple of 100.00. I have never been so angry and felt so ripped off in my life. A huge co. like Samsung just completely robbed us and we have no recourse and we have been dealing with it for almost 2 years. The tablet is sitting in a box taking up space but I can't just throw it away. I keep hoping a miracle will happen and Samsung will stand behind their product. News flash, I will be old and gray and that tablet will still be sitting in its box.

We had the same problem a lot of people have had. After an update the screen went black and has remained so yet you know it has power because the screen is not quite as black as when the tablet is off. We are so angry. We are not wealthy people and when you shell out almost 600 for a product from a reputable company you expect, rightfully so, the product you purchased is going to perform as advertised. SAMSUNG IS NOT A COMPANY TO PUT YOUR FAITH OR YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY INTO. DO NOT PURCHASE SAMSUNG. If you have a problem it will be your problem only because once Samsung has your money you don't matter!!!

Whoever came up with the concept of a glass face for a mobile phone needs their head read. What happened to robustness, these phones are MOBILE, in people's hands, they fall... slip out hand... dropped in the handbag... When I purchased my Samsung S6, and I was told it comes with 2 FREE FACES in the first year - that was warning bell, well it was more like a siren DO NOT PURCHASE. But since I was on a premium package, that was my only option. For heaven's sake, I am a mom of a 6 year old.

Design a freakin phone that isn't going to break!! I have gone through 5 glass faces in less than 18 months. This is a design flaw. I am tired of having splinters of glass in my fingers, or wondering whether my son has cut his. I am tired of spending hours in the walk in centre of Vodacom, I am tired of spending R2000 a shot to replace the bloody glass!!!

I buy my mobile phone (Samsung J7-6) before 5 months ago and I'm surfing problems while operating this phone. Please help me. There are many problems occured following: Hang problem, outgoing & incoming call problem, outgoing & incoming call voice problem, charging problems, display rotate problem (360 Degree) while display rotate locked, volume key, lock key & home key and other issues.

I took my handset in to be looked at because when you pressed the home key the screen would flicker different colours, NEVER reset/shutdown. I was sent back a 'refurbished' handset. Now the Samsung refurbished handset that I was provided with resets itself at least 12 times a day (no exaggeration) even in the middle of the night when no one is touching it. Returned twice! The SAMSUNG technician is saying there is nothing wrong with the Samsung handset.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Both my wife and I have the same phone. Both phones lost the ability to charge with the original factory charger and could only charge on our wireless charger. Talked to the tech and they said a lot of Note 5 users were having the same problem. They had me do a hard system reboot, and that fixed the problem of connecting the phone to the charger, but at the same time it lost the ability to fast charge. It took 15 hours to charge phone. They are shipping me a new Note 5, but that is not exactly reassuring that the same thing will not happen again. The phones come with so much bloatware it is ridiculous and I think a contributing factor to the phone not working correctly. Also, just as likely caused by a software update.

Worst decision to buy Samsung phone. It automatically heated to the point and started hanging phone. Poor battery backup. When I used to visit Samsung authorized service centre then they refuse to work on it because of my phone is in warranty.

Samsung claims to offer a rebate of 6 months of free Netflix, a 64GB Evo + micro SD card and clear view standing cover when you purchase a Galaxy S8 cellphone. You will not receive this rebate no matter how much time and accuracy you put into your claim. If anyone has received this rebate please let me know. Samsung is committing false advertising on a large scale. My story: The Samsung app to claim the rebate would not work. 1st phone call I reached the Tech department quickly and they gave me a ticket number and told me to call during open hours. 2nd phone call was answered in a reasonable time but then I was transferred to a one and a 1/2 hour wait. I did wait one and a 1/2 hours to talk to a Samsung customer service representative. I was told I would receive an email within a week. The email has not come. It's been a week.

These phones are junk! My boyfriend seems to like them because that's all he ever owns. I on the other hand have had the opportunity to own a REAL phone (Droid Turbo). This Samsung piece of crap with its unresponsive, inaccurate, "plastic-y" surface is a joke, half the keys I type don't type in and other letters or none at all come up unless you pound on the crappy screen, I HATE IT! PLASTIC BUBBLEGUM MACHINE backing, worst volume button ever (unresponsive half the time and hard to press, need two hands to make it work). I hate these phones with a passion. Typing in texts? Slow as molasses and takes a minute to catch up to my typing which is average at best! Battery dies QUICKLY. No "copy" clipboard to be found anywhere. No dictionary to add words to anywhere to be found. Right now my microphone does not work so I can't use the phone, mind you I've never dropped this phone one time and it's only 6 weeks old!

Replaced correctly typed words and changes them to something entirely different unless I hit 'a' after each correctly typed word. Retarded. No option to continue music playing when phone rings or any type of notification comes in. So unless you shut off notifications your music will be filled with interruptions. I've set the priorities, on this and the phone does the same exact thing - no change. When I'm on a call the phone light goes off every time I attempt to hit "speaker" whether it's on or off. Frustrating as hell. Worst of all is the screen. It is cheap and I hate this phone! It's a SM-G550T and it's junk. Don't buy a Samsung. Try Motorola. I recommend the Droid Turbo. It's a Verizon phone but I'm pretty sure you can have them unlocked for any network. You'll never ever want a different phone again.

I purchased 2 Samsung S7 Edge cellphones 4 months ago. Both have already been replaced and I still have the same issue. Tonight I spent 4 hours being sent between ATT and Samsung customer service. ATT customer support was good except one retention operator told me to go to another company and have them buy my contract out, her name was Bridget. While on with Samsung, they told me that I needed to drive to Best Buy to have software reflash done, when I asked if ATT could do it, I was told that ATT didn't have the technical support that Best Buy could offer. At this point I want a phone that I can rely on and I guess Bridget was correct I need to find a company that will buy me out of my contract in order to get phones that will work.

Samsung galaxy 3 3016 - Their support, customer service was horrible. They did nothing and didn't help a bit. Had trouble day one, got from boost mobile, took back 7 times guy wouldn't replace. I had phone for one day, he kept screwing around and I said, "You are purposely doing this so the return warranty runs out." Then I talked to Samsung they did nothing, I would never buy Samsung again and Boost service. They are liars and care less. One time they were the best, no more $210.00 for this phone.

The company of this service centre they cannot give any type of answer or solution to the customer even. Also the phone is in guarantee period and they cannot give any cooperation to the customer. It is a very bad company. I have purchasing an samsung J7 2016 phone. My display was not working and my phone has 7 months old under the guarantee period but they cannot do me repair and he beg me an 6000Rs for his display. I will suggest the whole person that no one can purchase the Samsung model.

Battery on my Galaxy S6 started going bad after 14 months. When I called customer service they told me it was no longer under the 1 year warranty. So I asked what I could do about it. Instead of answering the woman from customer service then proceeded to lecture me on how it was my fault. So after she wasted 20 minutes lecturing me, I had to ask again, how can I resolve this issue? She then told me that they could replace the battery, for a charge. It took me another 10 minutes to get a price, because she needed more info that was irrelevant to the price of the repair. After the lecture I then decide to never purchase another Samsung product again!

Super long hold times. I was trying to register for one of my promotion. The website was never given and not found. Once I found the website it would not route me to the promotion. I called customer service and was the worst. After being on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes I was connected to 3 departments, 2 tech support and the other sales. Never was I connected to promotions. Just transferred back and forth from one to the other. After the fourth time being transferred they hung up on me. Wasted almost three hours of my time and never spoke to anyone!!

Every time I open my phone I see apps that I immediately get rid of. During reading and writing on my phone, these ads CONTINUE popping up and I have to go back and get rid of them! I don't even want to pay phone bill because of such an unpleasant experiences. Contacting Samsung did not help; along with every pop up ad, there is a note to "please open app to unknown sources". This is truly obnoxious and I wish I did not have this phone which I got through Credo. Please advise.

I bought Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge brand new. Kept it in a high dollar case. 5 months later it overheated then blacked out and now Samsung will not even talk to me about it. Never again will I buy that products. Last one I will ever buy.

I purchased this phone, it was very difficult migrating the info from iPhone to Samsung. Even though Samsung has an app, but it doesn't work properly so I had to back up all on iCloud and then create everything from scratch. This phone was for my wife, after a week the screen shattered out of nowhere. Contacted Samsung. Their customer service was horrible. They couldn't help and asked that someone would call me back. Few days later, I got a call, the lady said the best they could do is to discount the repair but I need to submit a proof of purchase even though they had all info about my account from AT&T. I questioned it but she didn't know better. Few days later I got another call to basically say that the proof of purchase is not needed but Samsung wouldn't help in the repair and I need to figure it out on my own. This is the worst experience I've ever had. I'm definitely going back to iPhone.

I bought the Samsung S6 Edge after using the Samsung mini. It had a bigger screen than the mini. At first I really liked the phone. I used it for 1 year. 1 month after the warranty expired, the phone starting overheating to the point it was too hot to touch. The battery was not holding a charge. Some days I had to charge it 3 or more times. I do not talk on the phone a lot and I do not download games or run movies on it. I phoned the carrier who said to call Samsung as there was a problem with their phones. The technician warned me not to carry the phone on me or use it close to my face in case it caught fire. I phoned Samsung 5 times. Each time I spoke with a person, talking about 20 minutes to over an hour, I was told to call back as the person who could help me was too busy to talk with me. I had a year left on the contract with the provider so the only way I can deal with this issue now is to purchase another phone and pay off the tab of $300.

Neither Samsung or Rogers wanted to help me out. It really sucks because when you google issues of Samsung phones, there are issues with all the Galaxy line phones, S6 and S6 edge and the 7's. There is a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I don't know why Providers like Rogers, Telus, Bell etc would even sell Samsung phones with these safety issues going on and then not try to help their customers when there is a problem regardless of the warranty. What would happen if I plugged my phone into my car to charge and it blew up or caught fire while I was driving? I don't feel safe using this product. I do NOT recommend Samsung at all. Their customer service is very poor. At the end of the day I ended up purchasing another brand of phone which cost me the $300. tab left over from the contract plus the new phone.

I have been with Sprint for almost 2 years. I got the Galaxy note edge phone. A year within having it my phone would shut off on 80% and restart a bunch of times. Every app I went on would automatically restart itself and when it turned back on it would be on 6%. There was a situation where I had night class and I needed an uber that night. I opened the app at full battery and boom. Shuts up turns back on very hot and now its 15% I was nearly stuck at my school for an hr or so before someone helped me. I told Sprint everything. I have two more months before my upgrade. This phone has given me hell. They would not help me. Maybe even fixing my phone. lt a temp phone. I'll get my upgrade.

Do not buy S7 or any Samsung products ever!!! Samsung failed and lied to me over and over. I do not believe them ever again. In fact I will stay away from Samsung. They do not know how to take care of their Customers. Please choose another company!!! I just bought a brand new S7 defective. I was getting ready for a State Exam when I noticed my audio jack was defective. I called Samsung and I was shocked that they did not have a repair shop here in Atlanta. I called a few times until someone promised they will expedite the process and I will have my phone back in 3 days. It was hard to let go my phone with 4 kids and a Business I need to have my phone, but I believed what they said. They send me a label and I send it away. After a week, I checked and they just received the product. So they lied to me about expediting.

Another week passed by I called again and again and again. They do not want to transfer your call to the Executive team. I last hours and days on the phone with them with no results. I requested a refund to buy another phone right away, they keep saying "No we can't do that." One time I called and they transferred me to the Executive team and they hung up on me. One time I called and they transferred me to another department and when I supposed to get an Executive team on the line, I was on hold for about 50 minutes and lost the call again. They made a ticket for someone to call me back to resolve my issue and no one ever called me. It's been a month and still have not received my phone from them, saying that it was sent to another address, I do not believe them anymore. They lost my phone, it said 3 days and now is a month and do not have my phone yet???

I called this morning to be transferred to the Executive Team and of course someone in Philippines answered and for about 40 minutes she kept me on the phone and still did not want to transfer me to the Executive Team. She kept saying my phone is in Texas and I am in Atlanta and she was rude and careless and after 40 minutes with her she refused to transfer my call. I am done. I need to call the News at this point and let all Nations know what is going on with Samsung, how they value customers, how careless they are. How they lie and misrepresent customers.

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S6 for about a year. On Monday night 3/6/2017, I received an update and downloaded it. The next morning when I tried to make a call there was a message "unable to make a wireless connection". I went to my service provider (Sprint) and they tried to fix the problem various ways to no avail. Now my device has a new sim card, no data, useless. I called Samsung and a lady gave me a reference number and told me someone would get in touch with me within twenty four hours. While I was at Sprint they mentioned they had this problem with multiple devices within just the last two days, but they were able to correct those issues. Right now I am using my old S4, which I traded because it doesn't work right. I am an older person, I live by myself and the phone is my only means of communication in case I need help. I hope Samsung will be able to get my phone back to work, but unfortunately my data is gone.

I currently have my 2nd Samsung Galaxy phone but, I am changing to an iPhone!! There are sooo many "Samsung" apps that are similar to other Samsung apps that come pre-installed on the phone and, with each UPDATE, more Samsung apps load!! You can't uninstall any of these apps or Updates because they are "Samsung Operating Apps"! With each System Update, my info disappears and I have to reinstall and I have less and less memory for MY use!! I have NO music on my phone, no music apps other than the Samsung music (apps that I do not use). I have 1 Solitary Card game and WAZE gps app. Yet, I constantly get messages to uninstall apps! And back to the problem, the apps are ALL Samsung operating system apps!

Another issue with Samsung phones that I didn't believe until it happened to BOTH my phones, BATTERY COUNTDOWN!! My first Samsung phone, right after my 2 yr anniversary of having the phone, I noticed I couldn't go all day without recharging then it stopped charging, altogether! I bought new charging cords (not the cheap ones, Samsung charging cords!), but nothing worked so, I bought a new, Samsung phone. BAD MOVE!! After I got the new phone and activated it, old phone (without phone coverage) now charges. Well, in 1 month, I have had this "new" phone 2 yrs & it is now on the battery "Countdown". The phone shuts off like the battery is dead but, when you plug phone in, at first it still shows 17% battery life, a few days later, 37% shut off... etc. Now, my phone shuts off at 67% and won't turn back on until connected to charger and it STILL shows 67% battery life. SOOO, before it complete stops charging AGAIN, I'm going APPLE!!

BOO on Samsung on the Galaxy S7. I have had the Samsung Galaxy products and have been generally satisfied. My S5 went poof one day for no reason. The screen just went black. So much for warranty with my provider. I pay how much for the phone, then how much for a warranty, and now to pay $100 for a "refurb." Not. I was only a couple months from an upgrade but was forced into immediate action.

I asked for the 6 but all they had was the S7 or 7 Edge. Can we say, after 30 days I wanted to return it as I am SO dissatisfied. Oh, you only have 14 days. This phone is awful. Talk to text is a joke as IF it works, it comes up with some off-the-wall stuff. "OK GOOGLE"... Yeah, "okay don't work" is more like it. "Touch ID to unlock" -- I'm lucky if it ever works, and I've gone back and deleted and started over thinking it would work. No such luck.

If you're using a car charger, the phone gets so hot, it will not work because it's overheating. While I am, or have been, a dedicated Samsung customer, this is one of the worst products. Sadly, I'm stuck for another year and a half in a contract and paying for this piece of trash. So unhappy with this phone and even worse that I am stuck with it for another 18 months unless I want to pay $100 for another phone that will be used yet I will still be paying for the cost of the original phone.

My Samsung J5 wouldn't boot up, so I sent it to Samsung Repairs in Reading via UPS. The UPS driver asked me if it was damaged in any way, so I showed him the phone and he agreed it was in excellent condition and I then watched him put the mobile in a box. I did mention whether it needed bubble wrap, but he said, "It should be secure." Samsung has just called me and said the screen has several cracks on it and to fix it will cost £65. I have argued with them but they will not honor the warranty saying it has damage. The phone wouldn't boot up but they say it because of the cracks screen!!!

I must begin by stating this is the first review I have ever done. Even when I am dissatisfied with service somewhere I still do not go out of my way to write a review, but the service I received from Samsung was unbelievable. It all began when I had my new galaxy 7 sent to Samsung for repair, due to a jammed Sim card. I had just received the phone as a Christmas present. Samsung received my package on January 9th according to the tracking of UPS. Some time had passed and I had received no update on the progress of my phone, so I decided to call Samsung myself. I made a call to Samsung technical support on January 16th. That is when the technician informed me that the package had been received empty.

I was very concerned at this point because no one has called me at this time to inform me of this matter, and here it is... a week later. The technician explained to me that a case with UPS was opened on my behave in regards to the package. I then took it upon myself then, to contact UPS directly to see where they were at with my claim. UPS then informed me that they did not see such a claim. At that time I became further alarmed. I then called Samsung back and informed them of what UPS told me. I was able to speak to the same young man I spoke with earlier. He stated to me that the reason UPS did not have it, was because he was just filing it. This came as a shock to me because Samsung had received my package on January 9th. That is a full week without filing a report or informing the customer.

I then proceeded to ask him what Samsung's policy and procedures are for filing reports such as mine, and he could not answer my question. After getting off the phone with him, I figured I would call back and perhaps hopefully speak with someone who was more helpful. When I called back I spoke with a young lady this time, who was equally unhelpful but was able to connect me to executive claims. I then asked them what Samsung's policy was, and they too could not tell him. What I gathered from my series of uneventful conversations, was that no one at Samsung knew what their policy was. They informed me that someone would be contacting me within 2 weeks in regards to the progress of my claim.

Two weeks go by and I still hear nothing. I call Samsung to try and get an update. The representative I spoke with, informed me that the claim is still being investigated and that they were waiting to hear back from UPS, and that it could take an additional up to eight days, and that someone would be giving me a call. A week goes by and still no one calls me, so then I call back. I then spoke with a representative who said that this matter should have been taken care of and that she was going to escalate it higher and that someone would be giving me a phone call within the end of the next week.

Another week goes by and still no phone call. I then took it upon myself to call UPS and see if there was any progress on my claim. UPS then stated to me that they did not see a claim opened up for me. At this point I was in utter shock. At this point it was quite clear that I was being given the runaround. I then called Samsung once again to check on the progress of my claim a few days later. The representative once again told me the same story that they were waiting for UPS to update them on the claim. I then had a three way phone call with UPS and Samsung to try to get the matter resolved. The Samsung representative then told me that it was being handled on Samsung's end and that it would take 8 days for them to update the information and someone would be calling me. 8 days go on and still no one calls me!

Last Monday I called Samsung yet again to find out about the status of my claim only to hear the same story that it's still being investigated and that someone would call me back within eight days. Getting tired of hearing the same story from Samsung representatives and no one being able to provide me with answers or connect me to a department in which I can talk to someone who can make some action happen; I call UPS again. The UPS claims department informed me that this claim had been closed due to the fact that Samsung said that they were handling the situation, even though Samsung was telling me a completely different story.

Today's date is now March 2nd and I still have no resolution on my package. I'm now being told by Samsung representative that the claim was reopened on February 27th and that it would take 8 days for there to be any resolution. Not only have I never received a phone call from anyone from Samsung but I have repeatedly being told the same script over and over again concerning my package with absolutely no resolution or steps taken to compensate me for my lost package. This is been the most horrendous process I have ever had to experience with any company!

I originally contacted Samsung January 16th and now it is March 2nd and no one has been able to offer me any kind of resolution. Not only that, but no one seems to know what the process is at Samsung for items that are received damaged. Not only was Samsung negligent in reporting my claim when originally received, but I continuously received extremely substandard customer service when trying to contact Samsung about the package. Samsung is the worst company I have ever had to interact with. At this point I just want a refund from my phone so I can go with a completely different company. I will never purchase from them again.

Hard to understand and the background noise is unreal. Called to return an S-3 watch 3 times and yet to receive authorization. Out $350. Called with cell phone issue and told to take it to location 40 miles away or return it for repair with no loaner. Their service is terrible. Why isn't BBB involved?

I purchased a Galaxy S7 cell phone online as a new phone in sealed package. When I first got it, it worked good. After about 4 months, it began to get warm and continued over the next 4 months getting progressively worse. The last 2 months it would sometimes get so hot that I could hardly hold it and it would stop working. None of the buttons would work until I would let it cool down completely. I tried the factory recommended reset procedures without any good results. I even backed it up and did a factory restore to new condition. Within a week it was doing the same thing. I contacted Samsung in the US Texas location and they said they couldn't do anything because it was an international version.

So I contacted Samsung in the UK. They were much more helpful, but said I would need to get service in the US. I went back to the Texas location to the executive offices and they said the international version of the S7 phone has no warranty on it. The phone battery finally burned up after 8 months of normal use charging the phone with Samsung's factory charger. I spent $675 and started having problems after a few months, but Samsung says there is no warranty. If they are going to sell phones (and etc.) for premium prices with no warranty and subjecting their customers to personal injury, they should be put out of business.

The articles I've read about Samsung overheating problems say that if you have problems with your new S7, just contact Samsung and they will be glad to help - that customer service is high priority to them. Just the opposite is true, they couldn't get away from me fast enough and have no interest in good customer service that I could see. We hear about scammers on the internet, that's them Samsung Scammers Inc.

Camera lens exploded... crazy right? Had GPS on and was using flashlight. And BOOM the lens explode outwards. Shards of glass all over me... Then I take it back to AT&T and they washed me out the door asap... said call Samsung. It's their problem like its happened before. So I called Samsung. Got promised to have my cell back to me repaired or replace with 7 work days.

I sent it in Wed. Called and got online to make they received it and they verified that they had. This was Monday. Then call/online Wed. Yes they have but no status yet... told them to review that I was told that Friday I would have it back. Doing the best they can. Then call Thursday and they said they did NOT receive it yet... lol. Then they of they just got it... lol. They had it for over a week. Liars... yeah. They would send me a temp phone. CRAP. If I was looking at it when it exploded I would be blind. And this is how they treat me. BUYER BEWARE. Well I finally got it back now that I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks.

Bought brand new S7 from Verizon, told there is a 30 day return policy by Verizon rep. 18 days after paying $695.00 for the new phone the screen failed. Now for $695.000 we now have a refurbished phone. What a ripoff. Samsung only will replace with new in the first 14 days after purchase. Wish I could run my business like that. No help from Samsung OR Verizon. Talk about switch and bait.

I did not spend good money for phone died. Need to reset settings three times a day. Samsung don't want to listen. If I could see an engineer on the streets I would throw my phone at him. You see I know repair meant when I fix something it's required to be fixed. When I sell something new it's required that it works right? Why am I the only one that has to do with these requirements? You see here in the States when you sell new products they have to work or you get sued. Why should this be different? The world needs a Consumers Union. Signed Wyoming wild man is pissed off about this! On 5. This causes excessive stress under who should pay the medical bills.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Profile