Samsung Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Samsung Smart Phone SAMA520168BLA, the phone was purchased on January 2017, I paid about $370 for it. The phone stopped charging and doesn't power up. Called Samsung customer care over a month and a half period. Each agent will open a case, no one would look at the case, and Samsung's system expires the case after 3 days. I would call to follow up, and Samsung customer care will create a new case, only to have it expire again. It has been about a month and a half and Samsung refuses to honor their warranty. Each agent provides me with different requirements, I would submit the required documents, to have them come with new requirements. Bottom line: Samsung doesn't honor their manufacturer's warranty. If you buy SAMSUNG you are on your own to remedy their defective products.

Bought my S8 when it came out on pre-order, I have yet to receive my VR bundle. Received an email saying it was shipped out via FedEx with a tracking # only to not receive it. FedEx says it can't find the package so now I am stuck with FedEx putting the blame on Samsung and trying to get Samsung to understand the situation is a nightmare. One specialist even said why I don't just buy the VR from the website. Guess it's time for legal action.

My husband and I both preordered the Samsung S8 because of the extra stuff that came with them. We even paid an extra $200 to order the headphones and sd cards for the VR gear. As we were moving out of state, I called and updated our address before items were shipped. Samsung sent our items to the old address anyway and then told me that I would have to wait until the items were returned to the warehouse at which point, they would be shipped to my new address.

Upon waiting a few weeks, I was then told that the warehouse was refusing to reship my items to the new address and a refund would have to be issued despite me telling them I wanted the items, not a refund! I called multiple times, became so frustrated and stressed out and still NO ONE helped to rectify the situation. Finally, after 2 and a half months a coupon code was emailed to me to use towards a VR gear (which was free with the purchase of the S8 phone) but it was only ONE coupon despite us purchasing TWO phones and it doesn't work!!! I love my new phone but I hate the service of Samsung... Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

I've had Samsung phone for past 5 years or so, and I roughly had 3 of them. (S2, S3, and Note 4). All of them had battery problems where battery dies at 40-60%. It usually happens conveniently little over a year so that you don't get covered by the warranty. It is getting worse now, for phone (Note 4) as it randomly dies depending on which app I open the phone with. I called Samsung about it, and they said they cannot send replacement battery and I will have to send the phone for check up. For checkup I am charged $70.00, on top of that, they are NOT providing any loaner phone, and if they find out there is more problems with the phone they will charge more.

That's how they do business. It seems like phone is made to die within 1 or 2 year range as my sister had phone issues after using for little more a year. The battery life is NEVER of what he was described. Always dies super early and becomes unstable. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG unless you plan to carry extra batteries or portable charger for 24/7. For me, I am done with their products, and will NEVER buy one of their phones again.

I sent my Samsung Note 5 to have the charging port repaired. Samsung took 13 days to send the phone back to me in worse shape than before. Initially, the phone only had a port problem. Upon receiving it back... it restarts constantly and I can only speak in speaker mode. I then, contacted Samsung and was advised that I could not have a replacement phone. I then went into my local Verizon store, they did a phone diagnostics and advised me that the phone was defective and that Samsung should have given me another phone. I reached out to Samsung a third time, and was advised to send the phone back yet again. So, again I do not have a phone. This is a mega inconvenience and the frustration is endless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

What a terrible experience. I purchased the Galaxy S8 and I got the offer for discounted Gear 360. They have you sign up through the app and it gives you a coupon code. I purchased the camera for 53 on June 14th, 2017. Dollars including shipping and tax. My camera was supposed to arrive on June 20th. I check. FedEx package never comes. It wasn't delivered. Didn't even get to my state. So I call FedEx. They open an investigation. I call Samsung. They say they can't send another camera out because I have to wait for FedEx and then I have to buy the camera again with a coupon code. As of today still no money back. They gave me a new code to buy the camera again and a 50 gift card to use on samsung.com which covers possibly a memory card that I can get on Amazon for cheaper than they're selling it for.

We purchased 2 S7 Edge phones through Verizon. 1 is gold and the other is black. Well both screens got cracked so we repaired the gold one for $49 with the deductible with no problem but, when we went to file the claim on the black S7 they wanted me to pay $149 for a replacement phone. I just repaired the same phone in a different color for $49 so why would I pay an extra $100 for the same phone. I called customer service and I was told that it was the color of the phone that is the problem. If I would have known when I purchased these phones I would have bought 2 of the same colors and I wouldn't have this problem. Samsung should be ashamed to not repair my cracked screen versus having me pay $100 more for something that we pay insurance to cover. Very disgusted with Samsung about this.

I bought new unlock Samsung S7 from Best Buy Atlanta, Georgia and ran into an issue after couple of months (2-3). I was asked to courier the phone via UPS (In Atlanta they don't have any service center for unlock phone) for which they provided the label etc. I did that 2 times but still the issue exists and called them for refund or replace. They want me to send it again and not offering any refund or replace. Before sending it for 2nd time one of the customer executive said that "If it doesn't get fixed at 2nd time we will process for replace or refund" but now they are not accepting the same. Very poor customer service and worst experience I ever had with them. Why should I get my phone fixed if I paid for a brand new but they don't care about anything.

My son locked his phone because he wasn't sure of the pin put on it. When the phone did the abnormal factory reset it would not accept the samsung account information. I contacted Samsung about this they asked several questions like am I sure it's not the Google account information or am I sure of the password, etc.

After dealing with all of that they wanted me to submit proof of purchase that provided the IMEI. I purchased this Galaxy S5 in Feb 2015 which required me to go back to the store 30 min away to get. I submitted the proof of purchase via the email they provided. I called back 2 days later. They said the ticket was closed because I didn't submit the proof of purchase. I was not informed of the cancellation of the ticket though I was required to provide my cell phone number and address for the ticket. So yet again another ticket had to be created. This time I emailed it and sent it via MMS and did the same every time after this. Yet again they didn't get it and closed my ticket without contacting me. So the 3rd time this happened again and a 4th. At this point I'm paying for a prepaid phone for my son so he's able to contact us. So time and money wasted because a tech company can't use technology.

We are presently at over 2 week, an hour of a trip to the phone store to the proof of purchase, and hours of wasted time calling Samsung to get this taken care of. So I called back yet again and asked the representative if I could just get a label to send the phone and put the proof of purchase in the box. This is what I did. When Samsung received the phone they call me to get the proof of purchase (I missed the call) WHICH WAS IN THE BOX WITH THE PHONE! I was completely frustrated already with the lack of service for something that was supposed to be a security measure to keep other people out of my son's phone not us.

I called them back livid. The representative informed me that they wanted to get the proof of purchase. I asked him if the company received the phone. He told me they did. I told him then they have the proof of purchase as it was in a small box to where they had no choice but to pick up the proof of purchase before they got to the phone. He proceeded to tell me that it was a different department ***do they not have scanners, email, etc to get information from one department to another??? What was the point of putting it in the box with the phone to have to still deal with this crap?***

So he provided me with a completely different email (which no one else I spoke with over the last 2 -3 weeks had to provide) and they received it. 1st they tell me that it was not the right information as the IMEI is not on it. I told them they weren't looking as it is on there since it is a copy of the original receipt from when I purchased the phone. They found it and I thought this mess was finally coming to an end.

So today I receive the phone back. When I sent the phone in the box I put the phone, battery, charger block, usb cord, and the sim was still in the phone as "they were not sure whether it had anything to do with the service" (which it's obvious it didn't). In the box today was the phone, battery, and the charger block... NO USB CABLE AND NO SIM CARD. I call back furious today and they try to tell me that it clearly says in the instructions when returning the phone to remove the sim card and sd cards. when in actuality it says, " 1. To help expedite service, write the Service order number on at least three sides of the box. 2. Please include the following accessories with the phone/tablet as it is required for troubleshooting: • Battery for the device (that was used when the problem occurred). • Charger Adapter (that was used when the problem occurred). • Charging Cable (that was used when the problem occurred).

Include the following if related to the problem experienced: • SIM Card. • Micro SD Card. • Screen Protector. 3. Please print and mark (X) on the items included in the shipping box to complete your Service Request. Required items if not sent may result in your device being returned without repair. • Battery (Required). • Charger Adapter (Required). • Charging Cable (Required). • SIM Card (If associated with the problem). • Micro SD Card (If associated with the problem). • Screen Protector (If associated with the problem). • Other"

He then informs me that they do not send back sim cards or sd cards to protect our security, which should be on the instructions as people expect to get their stuff back. Ok so now I will have to go back to the phone store or call and have them mail me one which further wastes my time. But everything is ok because they will be sending me out a replacement charging cable that I will have to wait 3-5 business days to get. This has been my worst experience ever. I have been a samsung user for the last 15 years and have stood by their products but this experience alone is enough to make me switch to another device as this was just too much.

I ordered 2 Samsung S8s in Trade in program which is going on in Samsung site. When I received the packages both the FedEx box were intact, but inside both the S8 boxes were open. Instead of using the flap open on the boxes, it looked like one side was cut open of both the boxes. The trading phone must be send to Samsung within 15 days of receipt of S8s. So, I wanted to resolve the issue and contacted Samsung customer care. They made me and husband go in loops and asked us to send in pics which we did. We received a response to that after 6 days (remaining 9 days to send in the trade in phone). They said they have cancelled on of the orders and to return the phone!!! No mention of whether they will send out another S8 as replacement!!! Nothing!!!

By then I contacted customer care again and was going through the same process of talking to different support staffs to be transferred to another staff to start over again!!! At last they told they will get back in 24-48 hours! No response after that. Time is up. (Now we have 8 days to resolve this issue, send out the trade in phone.) Which will never happen as I tried to call the sales dept if you are lucky to get a person on phone you will be extremely lucky!!! Oh!!! And one of the support staff told me sometimes they send out damaged boxed and it doesn’t mean phone is not new!!! That was just great!!! Samsung Site mentioned new phone and as a customer I expect the box and phone to be intact!!! They should as well have added a disclosure stating: "Boxes might be open. But phone is new. Don’t worry!! Don’t bother to contact customer care because we don’t care as we have your money already!!!"

Samsung's claim to fame with the Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge is that they are water resistant. Think again, at least with the regular S7. I have had trouble charging my phone (it's about a year old). A message pops up saying there is moisture detected and will not allow the phone to charge via its port. This happened about 3 weeks ago in my car, not having recently dropped in the water, and again last Sunday, which was several days after dropping it in the water. I couldn't get it to charge all day.

When I got home, I put it on my wireless charger and it charged. I tried blowing in USB port, letting the vent air in my car blow in there and it didn't work. I got up the next day and for ** I tried the cord again. This time it worked. I only had one brief moment of moisture being detected and today is Thursday. Samsung would only let me ship it to their techs with no assurance that they would replace it. This is my only phone. I told them I knew moisture was detected because my carrier told me what to do to check it. They are false advertising!

Don't believe their warranty or their customer service because they really don't know what they are doing and whatever they do they screw up. They are truly a company I won't have anything else to do with forever. As I told them I don't need a high tech phone but I do use high tech appliances and they will not get my business because they are the worst. They do a lot of outsourcing and you can tell. They were a bad experience from the first time I sent my cheap cell phone in on warranty till they told me that they would replace it and never followed through. They wanted to open another ticket but forget it. They aren't worth it.

I reported to Samsung that my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 was having a problem reading & writing from its MicroSD port. The phone reps questioned whether I had tried alternative MicroSD cards, and then also tried reading and writing these cards on alternative devices. I said yes, asserting that these tests of mine pointed to the internal MicroSD port on my device being defective. The rep(s) agreed with my assessment, and directed me to include one of my MicroSD cards that I couldn't read or write from. I included this card of mine, inserted in its tray, inserted into the device (it's important to note that this card did not contain any personal security critical information... just a load of old newspaper & magazine issues, a few news videos, etc).

A week or two after sending the unit in, I received it back from the Samsung repair center. The unit appeared to be untouched. An accompanying note from the Repair Center advised me that doing this kind of requested repair (analysing, fixing, or replacing a defective MicroSD drive) was "uneconomical" on this unit, so they didn't do anything... they just sent the unit back to me. The MicroSD card I had included inserted into its card-holder tray inside of my tablet was removed and sent back in a separate glassine envelope: The card was broken in half... destroyed. When I inquired about this odd damage, the Samsung Repair phone reps replied that this damage was intentionally performed by Samsung to "protect my privacy" from the prospect that someone in their shop might glimpse onto the contents of this MicroSD card... thus compromising my personal/private security.

My inclusion of this MicroSD card was essential to the nature of the repair that I was sending the unit in for... I was reporting that the unit was not able to read or write any of my three microSD cards... including one of these for the repair reps to see for themselves was essential to the repair process. Rather than apologizing to me for the destruction of the $75 MicroSD card of mine, the Samsung reps acted as if they did me a really big favor by destroying this card... to protect my personal private data from the prospect that one of their errant employees might surreptitiously glimpse this or that of my personal data possibly included on the MicroSD card.

I think this experience of mine points out that there's something seriously wrong with the thinking inside of the Samsung USA repair centers. Maybe this is a cultural divide issue of some sort? In any case, the USA Samsung Repair system appears to be seriously broken. Over the past ~10 years, this is the third time I've interacted with this USA Samsung Repair system - each time I had problems with Samsung's response (in each case, they didn't want to do the repairs). This latest experience of having them intentionally destroy a $75 part of mine for some nonsense imaginary security risk is the straw that breaks the camel's back. There's something seriously wrong with the thinking and behavior inside this odd company, and it makes sense for me to consciously avoid buying any more of their products in the future.

I have always loved Samsung products but the tablet my husband and I spent almost 600.00 and used 6 or 7 times is not working and repairing it is going to cost another couple of 100.00. I have never been so angry and felt so ripped off in my life. A huge co. like Samsung just completely robbed us and we have no recourse and we have been dealing with it for almost 2 years. The tablet is sitting in a box taking up space but I can't just throw it away. I keep hoping a miracle will happen and Samsung will stand behind their product. News flash, I will be old and gray and that tablet will still be sitting in its box.

We had the same problem a lot of people have had. After an update the screen went black and has remained so yet you know it has power because the screen is not quite as black as when the tablet is off. We are so angry. We are not wealthy people and when you shell out almost 600 for a product from a reputable company you expect, rightfully so, the product you purchased is going to perform as advertised. SAMSUNG IS NOT A COMPANY TO PUT YOUR FAITH OR YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY INTO. DO NOT PURCHASE SAMSUNG. If you have a problem it will be your problem only because once Samsung has your money you don't matter!!!

Whoever came up with the concept of a glass face for a mobile phone needs their head read. What happened to robustness, these phones are MOBILE, in people's hands, they fall... slip out hand... dropped in the handbag... When I purchased my Samsung S6, and I was told it comes with 2 FREE FACES in the first year - that was warning bell, well it was more like a siren DO NOT PURCHASE. But since I was on a premium package, that was my only option. For heaven's sake, I am a mom of a 6 year old.

Design a freakin phone that isn't going to break!! I have gone through 5 glass faces in less than 18 months. This is a design flaw. I am tired of having splinters of glass in my fingers, or wondering whether my son has cut his. I am tired of spending hours in the walk in centre of Vodacom, I am tired of spending R2000 a shot to replace the bloody glass!!!

I buy my mobile phone (Samsung J7-6) before 5 months ago and I'm surfing problems while operating this phone. Please help me. There are many problems occured following: Hang problem, outgoing & incoming call problem, outgoing & incoming call voice problem, charging problems, display rotate problem (360 Degree) while display rotate locked, volume key, lock key & home key and other issues.

I took my handset in to be looked at because when you pressed the home key the screen would flicker different colours, NEVER reset/shutdown. I was sent back a 'refurbished' handset. Now the Samsung refurbished handset that I was provided with resets itself at least 12 times a day (no exaggeration) even in the middle of the night when no one is touching it. Returned twice! The SAMSUNG technician is saying there is nothing wrong with the Samsung handset.

Both my wife and I have the same phone. Both phones lost the ability to charge with the original factory charger and could only charge on our wireless charger. Talked to the tech and they said a lot of Note 5 users were having the same problem. They had me do a hard system reboot, and that fixed the problem of connecting the phone to the charger, but at the same time it lost the ability to fast charge. It took 15 hours to charge phone. They are shipping me a new Note 5, but that is not exactly reassuring that the same thing will not happen again. The phones come with so much bloatware it is ridiculous and I think a contributing factor to the phone not working correctly. Also, just as likely caused by a software update.

Worst decision to buy Samsung phone. It automatically heated to the point and started hanging phone. Poor battery backup. When I used to visit Samsung authorized service centre then they refuse to work on it because of my phone is in warranty.

Samsung claims to offer a rebate of 6 months of free Netflix, a 64GB Evo + micro SD card and clear view standing cover when you purchase a Galaxy S8 cellphone. You will not receive this rebate no matter how much time and accuracy you put into your claim. If anyone has received this rebate please let me know. Samsung is committing false advertising on a large scale. My story: The Samsung app to claim the rebate would not work. 1st phone call I reached the Tech department quickly and they gave me a ticket number and told me to call during open hours. 2nd phone call was answered in a reasonable time but then I was transferred to a one and a 1/2 hour wait. I did wait one and a 1/2 hours to talk to a Samsung customer service representative. I was told I would receive an email within a week. The email has not come. It's been a week.

These phones are junk! My boyfriend seems to like them because that's all he ever owns. I on the other hand have had the opportunity to own a REAL phone (Droid Turbo). This Samsung piece of crap with its unresponsive, inaccurate, "plastic-y" surface is a joke, half the keys I type don't type in and other letters or none at all come up unless you pound on the crappy screen, I HATE IT! PLASTIC BUBBLEGUM MACHINE backing, worst volume button ever (unresponsive half the time and hard to press, need two hands to make it work). I hate these phones with a passion. Typing in texts? Slow as molasses and takes a minute to catch up to my typing which is average at best! Battery dies QUICKLY. No "copy" clipboard to be found anywhere. No dictionary to add words to anywhere to be found. Right now my microphone does not work so I can't use the phone, mind you I've never dropped this phone one time and it's only 6 weeks old!

Replaced correctly typed words and changes them to something entirely different unless I hit 'a' after each correctly typed word. Retarded. No option to continue music playing when phone rings or any type of notification comes in. So unless you shut off notifications your music will be filled with interruptions. I've set the priorities, on this and the phone does the same exact thing - no change. When I'm on a call the phone light goes off every time I attempt to hit "speaker" whether it's on or off. Frustrating as hell. Worst of all is the screen. It is cheap and I hate this phone! It's a SM-G550T and it's junk. Don't buy a Samsung. Try Motorola. I recommend the Droid Turbo. It's a Verizon phone but I'm pretty sure you can have them unlocked for any network. You'll never ever want a different phone again.

I purchased 2 Samsung S7 Edge cellphones 4 months ago. Both have already been replaced and I still have the same issue. Tonight I spent 4 hours being sent between ATT and Samsung customer service. ATT customer support was good except one retention operator told me to go to another company and have them buy my contract out, her name was Bridget. While on with Samsung, they told me that I needed to drive to Best Buy to have software reflash done, when I asked if ATT could do it, I was told that ATT didn't have the technical support that Best Buy could offer. At this point I want a phone that I can rely on and I guess Bridget was correct I need to find a company that will buy me out of my contract in order to get phones that will work.

Samsung galaxy 3 3016 - Their support, customer service was horrible. They did nothing and didn't help a bit. Had trouble day one, got from boost mobile, took back 7 times guy wouldn't replace. I had phone for one day, he kept screwing around and I said, "You are purposely doing this so the return warranty runs out." Then I talked to Samsung they did nothing, I would never buy Samsung again and Boost service. They are liars and care less. One time they were the best, no more $210.00 for this phone.

The company of this service centre they cannot give any type of answer or solution to the customer even. Also the phone is in guarantee period and they cannot give any cooperation to the customer. It is a very bad company. I have purchasing an samsung J7 2016 phone. My display was not working and my phone has 7 months old under the guarantee period but they cannot do me repair and he beg me an 6000Rs for his display. I will suggest the whole person that no one can purchase the Samsung model.

Battery on my Galaxy S6 started going bad after 14 months. When I called customer service they told me it was no longer under the 1 year warranty. So I asked what I could do about it. Instead of answering the woman from customer service then proceeded to lecture me on how it was my fault. So after she wasted 20 minutes lecturing me, I had to ask again, how can I resolve this issue? She then told me that they could replace the battery, for a charge. It took me another 10 minutes to get a price, because she needed more info that was irrelevant to the price of the repair. After the lecture I then decide to never purchase another Samsung product again!

Super long hold times. I was trying to register for one of my promotion. The website was never given and not found. Once I found the website it would not route me to the promotion. I called customer service and was the worst. After being on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes I was connected to 3 departments, 2 tech support and the other sales. Never was I connected to promotions. Just transferred back and forth from one to the other. After the fourth time being transferred they hung up on me. Wasted almost three hours of my time and never spoke to anyone!!

Every time I open my phone I see apps that I immediately get rid of. During reading and writing on my phone, these ads CONTINUE popping up and I have to go back and get rid of them! I don't even want to pay phone bill because of such an unpleasant experiences. Contacting Samsung did not help; along with every pop up ad, there is a note to "please open app to unknown sources". This is truly obnoxious and I wish I did not have this phone which I got through Credo. Please advise.

I bought Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge brand new. Kept it in a high dollar case. 5 months later it overheated then blacked out and now Samsung will not even talk to me about it. Never again will I buy that products. Last one I will ever buy.

I purchased this phone, it was very difficult migrating the info from iPhone to Samsung. Even though Samsung has an app, but it doesn't work properly so I had to back up all on iCloud and then create everything from scratch. This phone was for my wife, after a week the screen shattered out of nowhere. Contacted Samsung. Their customer service was horrible. They couldn't help and asked that someone would call me back. Few days later, I got a call, the lady said the best they could do is to discount the repair but I need to submit a proof of purchase even though they had all info about my account from AT&T. I questioned it but she didn't know better. Few days later I got another call to basically say that the proof of purchase is not needed but Samsung wouldn't help in the repair and I need to figure it out on my own. This is the worst experience I've ever had. I'm definitely going back to iPhone.

I bought the Samsung S6 Edge after using the Samsung mini. It had a bigger screen than the mini. At first I really liked the phone. I used it for 1 year. 1 month after the warranty expired, the phone starting overheating to the point it was too hot to touch. The battery was not holding a charge. Some days I had to charge it 3 or more times. I do not talk on the phone a lot and I do not download games or run movies on it. I phoned the carrier who said to call Samsung as there was a problem with their phones. The technician warned me not to carry the phone on me or use it close to my face in case it caught fire. I phoned Samsung 5 times. Each time I spoke with a person, talking about 20 minutes to over an hour, I was told to call back as the person who could help me was too busy to talk with me. I had a year left on the contract with the provider so the only way I can deal with this issue now is to purchase another phone and pay off the tab of $300.

Neither Samsung or Rogers wanted to help me out. It really sucks because when you google issues of Samsung phones, there are issues with all the Galaxy line phones, S6 and S6 edge and the 7's. There is a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I don't know why Providers like Rogers, Telus, Bell etc would even sell Samsung phones with these safety issues going on and then not try to help their customers when there is a problem regardless of the warranty. What would happen if I plugged my phone into my car to charge and it blew up or caught fire while I was driving? I don't feel safe using this product. I do NOT recommend Samsung at all. Their customer service is very poor. At the end of the day I ended up purchasing another brand of phone which cost me the $300. tab left over from the contract plus the new phone.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Profile