3.14/5
Based on 246 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

689 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I send my super clean S7 Edge, do all what they said about factory reset and send next day that I get the return box, they take 150 USD. for the trade towards the new phone, 4 month later they take 125 USD. out of my account and said that I have to do some other weird thing to the phone and that they are going to take possession of the phone for $25 dollars. We ask to charge the full price for the new phone and return the old one that we know it’s worth a lot more, they said not sorry, just stole it with white gloves. NOTE: THAT WE MAKE THIS ORDER ON 01/02/2018. THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT 06/20/2018.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased three (03) Samsung Galaxy Note 8 cell phones two in December 2017 right around Christmas and one in January 2018. So far, the two phones I purchased in December 2017 both experienced a screen failure. Both phones were sent to Texas for Samsung to repair. My sons phone came back repaired with a green border around the case and all information intact. My Note 8 was returned missing the S Pen and all my work information that I write in Samsung Notes along with everything that was on the phone had been erased and removed from the cell phone.

When I called Samsung to report this today when I received my phone back they had a carefree attitude, and this is disheartening. I had all the notes from several business meetings contained in the Samsung Notes. I also had numerous proprietary applications on my cell phone that Samsung didn’t care I lost. Also, they said they will send me a replacement “S” Pen but don’t know when it will arrive. I requested they FedEx it to me or give me a credit to my account to for $30.00 and I will go buy a new “S” Pen. They refused both options. I also requested they compensate me for the loss of my information and apps and the inconvenience it is causing me. They REFUSED!!!

I spoke with customer service supervisor Sachin who was no help. Sachin transferred me to Executive Team Member Jackson who placed me on hold for 15 minutes and then pretended he could not hear me and disconnected the call. He never called me back. I immediately called back and spoke with Lara who refused to connect me with the Executive team and told me there is no phone number to reach the Executive Team. They can only call me. They lie, Lie and then Lie even more. I have been a lover of Samsung products for many years and have owned over twenty (20) Samsung cell phones and numerous other Samsung products. After this experience I do not know if I will ever buy another Samsung product again. Samsung should be ASHAMED of their lack of customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had purchase the phone on 04/17 and return it on 04/25. But have accidentally send it to trade in department instead of return department. Which trade in department has received on 04/25. Till today's date I haven't receive my refund yet. Initially I was told it will take longer time 21-30 days. After 30 days passed by I was told it will take 7 days. I have waited all these days but no refund yet. The product was financed from Samsung. I have already made 1st payment and 2nd payment is due on 06/17. I am making payments for no reason.

This concern has transferred to so called higher department 10 times already but no response yet. I don't know what's going on here, I understand since its was my error it takes time but now this is taking ridiculously long time. None of the customer service know anything even their so-called supervisor and they are rude, just copying pasting policy and trying to hang up. Mr. ** literary hung up on me. I have already lost my patient level and I really want refund department to issue my refund. As of now they have my money and your product.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After sending in my old phone, which was in excellent conditions, months after receiving my new phone Samsung reversed the amount they credited me and charge my credit card. They said my trade-in phone was damaged, which is so far from the truth. Why would I do the program if I knew my phone was damaged??? Tried for months to get this resolved, filed a claim, which they did not approve. Very poor customer service!! Kept getting the runaround for almost a year!!! Do Not Use Samsung's Trade-in Program.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought Note 8 last October. Being send back and forward for overheating issues for 3 times to Samsung repair department. Asking for the refunds or replacement with a new one. They are really horrible. Talking liked circle. Assure the product is repaired and passed their tests in the good conditions. Yeah right. Talking is so cheap. Whenever I got it back to use, it’s still no good. The Note 8 still overheated after use for 3 hrs such GPS. Now I am stuck with the bad product which I spent cash $960 for this one. Is there any way to sue Samsung since they are really suck?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 20, 2018

In November 23, 2017 I placed an order with Samsung as a result of Black Friday advertisement to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, 64 GB, Verizon version with a trade of an S7 plus. I received a single phone with nothing at all in the envelope. Samsung said it is brand new, it looks refurbished. However, the phone is good, works, I still have it. I paid $560.00 in addition to the S7 plus trade. Just look how expensive was just a single phone with no box, shipped in the envelope.

Who will believe Samsung Corporation will ship a Single phone in an envelope with no instruction manual, no charger at all, no box, no headset, nothing at all, just like any person handed his phone or donate to someone, will give basic instruction and at least one charger. That's why phone dealers told me that they sent me a refurbished phone and claimed as a brand new out of factory. I took the phone and the envelope to show to phone dealers, they were upset. I am sad, they are not honest. Everyone can make a simple judgement for over $1000 value if you add the trade for a single naked phone in the envelope. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THAT, IF THIS IS A BLACK FRIDAY DEAL.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I returned a Galaxy S9. Never taken out of the box. Still in the box they sent me on March 14, They received it a week later according to the tracking information and the email saying they have received the phone and will begin the refund. On April 19th I still have not received a refund so I called Samsung who said they will send it to escalations and should receive a refund within 2 weeks. I called again on May 4th. Again they said they will send it to escalations and this is a serious issue and that I should have received my refund by now but they will make it a priority and put it at the top and send it to escalations.

Again I call 2 weeks later. Was told the same thing but now it's they can't do much more and they are backlogged but will make a priority again but that's all they can do. This will be my last Samsung purchase from such a big company they have the worse service I have ever seen. They take the phone, keep the money then give you the runaround. If you ever buy a Samsung product and need to return it and looking for a refund start praying because it's going to take a act of mercy for Samsung to care.

Original review: May 8, 2018

They don't deserve any stars because of their poor customer service. When you call them you will not get any results. All they do is talk in circles and riddles. I don't know why their service is so bad but they need to do better than they do because their phones are not cheap. They need to be more respect for their customers. I will never buy another Samsung phone and I will tell everyone that I know not buy them either.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased S9+ on release date in March 2018. May 1, 2018 Samsung offered preorder for S9+ with expanded memory. (128/256 Gigabytes) Customer Care refuses a remedy to replace unit. The updated unit was marketed with practically same price.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Bought a brand new Samsung S8 for about $700 from Xfinity Mobile. 2 1/2 months later, the phone died due to defective charging/battery. After 4 replacements, no this is not a typo, I am still waiting for latest resolution. It's interesting that foreign speaker with heavy accents works with the customer service line with regular American names. They are super apologetic and service oriented with nice words. The big problems are that, they are reading off of a script, doesn't know what you are talking about, and cannot do anything other than passing the buck. What a complete waste of time!!! I've been a loyal Samsung electronic consumer for more than ten years. They've taught me lessons and horror dealing with them/products which I will not forget. I am certainly not an IPhone person but have bought the IPhone 8+ without choice since I need a phone. It works like the way it should. therefore, I am happy needless to say.

Just got off the phone with Samsung regarding the status of my phone. Of course, they cannot transfer me to the people that make decisions. It's always layer and layer of excuses. This means more waiting before they send out the replacement. The bottom line. If you enjoy torture, spend $700 and buy yourself a Samsung S8 cell phone. It will not disappoint for sure (when I purchased the iPhone, the store clerk at Xfinity even told me that they have no inventory of the Samsung S8 because they had to send all of their store inventory back. Therefore, this problem is certainly no secret to the phone companies. Meanwhile, let the general public suffocate and pay for a piece of crap that's certain to fail).

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone directly through the Samsung website. The deal was that I would return an iPhone 7 Plus and receive $200 off the retail price. When I received the new phone, there was no return label in the box. Samsung then charged me $200 for not returning the phone. When I called Samsung Customer Service, I was told that the label was sent to my Email address. While on the phone, I checked my Email account and informed the Customer Service agent that I did not receive an Email containing information regarding a return label.

Instead of helping me to resolve the issue, the agent indirectly called me a liar. As an IT professional, I also have a catch-all Email account that captures all Email, including spam. When I check that account, I do not see any Email from Samsung containing information or a link to a return label. I should point out that this is not the first time that I have purchased a cell phone directly from Samsung, I returned the old phone and it was a smooth transaction, so I don't understand how this second transaction could be so different from the first. I'm looking for some help here, Samsung!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought a Samsung S8+ and 7 months later the SIM Card slot died, no longer could receive text messages, phone calls and having a child in sports you need to be able to be contacted. So on February 19, 2018 Samsung received my phone for repairs. On March 3, 2018 I received an email stating the parts were on back on order. A week later I checked and the status stated REFUND TICKET. So I have now been fighting to get my refund of the phone since March 7, 2018, in the meantime I had to buy a new phone (Another payment plan costing me more money). And I have gotten nothing but the run around saying the check has been mail and that was over 2 weeks ago. Samsung has the WORST customer service ever.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Sent in Galaxy Note 8 for small crack in screen. Phone was working normally without other problems and was only two months old. Original estimate was $240+. Then I was sent an email saying I needed a new board and battery for new total of $679. Battery was two months old! Phone was charging and working perfectly. After I was given a date of repair I was sent an email of delay because of Good Friday holiday... ufb. After 10 more days I called to check (no updates ever sent) and was told it was almost ready. Five more days and it arrived. THIS WAS A TOTAL RIPOFF!! TRY TO AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

My phone kept giving me alerts that it detects water in the charging port. I have never had my phone in water or even in the bathroom while take a shower. I took the phone back to AT&T and they referred me to a Samsung contractor who then said this model was having a problem with this detecting moisture. He proceeded to tell he couldn't fix it and referred me to Samsung customer service who did nothing at all but make excuses. In picking your next phone be very careful of the hype. Be smart and do your research. I will never buy another Samsung phone.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Wow, is your customer service bad. Both my mother and I have been loyal to Samsung for years, as your products are easy to use and well made (or were), but that may end with the Galaxy S8+. My mother skipped her upgrade when the Note was bursting into flames, because she loved her Note at the time, but when it died, she was willing to try a Galaxy S8+, and I upgraded at the same time. Huge mistake. Only 3 months later, her phone refused to charge unless it had a brand new charger, a plug it liked (which changed every day), the moon was in the right position in the sky, and the kid down the block was having a good hair day, essentially. Annoying. Then it would only work on a wireless charger or in the car, and even then only when the stars were in perfect alignment.

A month after that, my phone - approximately half charged - turned itself off and never came to life again. Then, her phone did the exact same thing. So we went to ATT who sold us our phones, where apparently they have been hearing this kind of complaint a lot, and they told us to call Samsung. The first person we got on the phone, seemed very nice, and since the phones were and ARE still under warranty, he sent us labels to mail the phones in to have them repaired. Then it went to hell in a handbasket. Over two weeks with no contact and the phones show back up on my doorstep because your tech team, in all their brilliance, stated that they couldn't repair the phones because of a reactivation lock and we should "deactivate the reactivation lock by powering on the device..." Do you see where this is going?

So we called, and stated very nicely (as you were still dealing with my mother at this point), that we can't deactivate the lock because we can't TURN ON THE PHONE! And Samsung changed their story and said the real reason was that we had to pay an upcharge because the charging port doesn't work and that voids the warranty. And we let this go, because after my mother explained - again - that the charging port not working is part of the problem, they sent us more labels to send the phone back in so they could fix it, which we did with notes specifying that we could not turn the phones on to deactivate locks, specifically to avoid the phones being returned (although they did deny us the ability to talk to a supervisor - I can't imagine why). (Anyone want to guess what happens next?)

So imagine my surprise when I get home from work tonight to find the phones on my front step, with the exact same reactivation lock note as the first time. So I called the customer care number on the note, and referred to the "previous service order number" as requested - a task made more difficult as there are now two service orders for each phone - and the customer service agent, while acting very nice, lies to me. Now I'm not sure which is the truth and which is the lie on her end - but she first tells me that the notes say they were just supposed to unlock the phones - a concept I find ironic (refer back to the letter we keep receiving) - and then she tells me they were supposed to fix the issue and she goes back to the voided warranty plan.

The call was apparently recorded, so you can hear this for yourself. When I asked for a supervisor, she put me on hold to "go find one", at which point the call disconnected. Now she did call me back, with no supervisor in sight and her only answer was to send the phones in AGAIN like we did last time. I'm sure you can understand my doubts about the success of this, especially when she still didn't seem to understand the issue. So I again asked for a supervisor, adding that I would wait, to which she said "oh" and hung up on me. No callback.

So you can see why I'm pissed. In the meantime, one of the reasons the cell phone is so important is because my mother has Parkinson's disease and orthopaedic issues so she needs a phone to always be on her so that she can call in case of an emergency, like when she fell the first time the phones were at the repair center. Let me tell you, if she falls again, and can't call for help, because Samsung can't be bothered to acknowledge that they made a terrible product, and then remedy that mistake, I will have a lawyer writing the next letter.

I want my money back for the phones, $849.99 each, and I want Samsung to deal with your customer service issues. If you can't be bothered to do either, let me know so that I can find a different phone company to support. TL;DR - Samsung created a poor product (that has received numerous complaints) and can't acknowledge their mistake, inadvertently risking my mother's health, and won't remedy the problem.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Day: 3/23 email for Samsung: “I'm so far 10:05 pm waiting for the delivery of my Gear Fit2 Pro (Large) Red. SM-R365NZRAXAR order #MGG8EV0XZ. Be delivered I have been exaggerated for 1 week. Being that the website of you are to deliver in 2 working days. I'm frustrated and angry. Because this would be a great friend in Brazil. That my aunt is coming back tomorrow night that she would take. And she will go without my friend's gift. Samsung and UPS should have more respect for customers. Because I followed the delivery date every day. I am frustrated with the services of the company and with everything. Very sad in not being able to deliver this gift to my friend. I hope that the company enters into position to its service and products. I do not accept excuses or that I felt much. This will not solve my problem and my frustration at the moment.

Day: 24 contact the UPS. It says my order was transferred to the Post Office team. What the heck is a product that was delivered by UPS doing the post office? Did not solve my problem nor to UPS many other than Samsung. Day 26, Samsung answered my email sent on the 24th. The answer? Kkkkkkkk was that practically my problem with UPS and not theirs. Samsung is hardly fussing its consumer. For this reason NEVER MORE BUY SAMSUNG!!! I always bought Apple and always had great service! I made the mistake of buying a product from Samsung to get angry and it would not do me any good. Now I will wait (because it did not arrive more than 1 week) just to have the pleasure of returning and generate some measly cost for Samsung. I've been through. I've been through.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S9+, day one and I am bombarded with bloatware and adware (bixby). Even after 'disabling' this trash, I get updates for it and it yet interrupts my use of the phone I bought. I did not buy this to have my storage, ram, and time wasted. Fix this, Samsung, or maybe I should just switch to the Essential?

Original review: March 21, 2018

I bought Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 1 1/2 year ago and the screen got a line on it. After contacting the Samsung they said they will repair it and asked me proof purchase. I haggled with T-Mobile to get the proof of purchase which became impossible task. After getting everything they said the phone is out of warranty and it costs $265 to repair. I already spend $800 on it and it did not even last more than 2 years.

Original review: March 21, 2018

3/19/18. Last July, 2017 I purchased S8 Cell phone. A month later I purchased Galaxy S3 tablet. Both ran hot beginning of March, won't charge, takes 12 hrs for 75% charge. Then burnt out motherboard. 1st cell phone, was under warranty. Sent directly to Samsung, less than 1 wk returned to me with same problem, not fixed=now sent back to Samsung to fix again. In meantime, same problem with Tablet S3, remember purchased last year mid-July or August. I called for repair slip but before I could UPS, I broke LED screen. I ONLY wanted to have motherboard repair because won't charge and runs hot. Sent to Samsung. Received call from out of warranty repair. Won't fix unless I pay $220 plus tax to fix LED AND motherboard. Won't fix just motherboard because screen cracked. DON'T buy. SAMSUNG. I WON'T.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have a Galaxy Note 5 that was working fine until a recent forced software update. Unfortunately I was locked out of my phone because after an update, one MUST use the pattern lock to reopen the phone and I forgot mine, like the probably thousands of other individuals out there. I normally used my biometric to unlock my phone because after I changed my pattern design, I forgot it and would just fall back on using my fingerprint. I don't understand why biometrics would not supersede any pattern/passcode/PIN needed to unlock a phone simply because a fingerprint is unique and people are known to forget the aforementioned.

Anyway, I have been without a device for weeks. I was informed I would need a manufacturers reset that would erase all of my data, pictures, contacts, etc, etc, etc. I'm not a tech savvy person and didn't even know about backing up data. I agonized over this and finally broke down and performed the reset. Two hours later, as I was adding information to my phone that was deleted after the reset, my phone locked me out yet again, for no apparent reason! And this time it was a complete lockout... black screen, tiny red letters stating "FRP binary lock". Now I'm told I have to have a master reset done and it's going to take maybe weeks, as I have "prove" the device is really mine through my carrier, wait for a label to be sent to me, up to nine days for repairs to be completed!

Totally frustrated that I'm paying for a phone that I cannot use and all of my info gone, I sent a handwritten letter, overnight to corporate asking for help. One week later, nothing, silence, no response. Not even an email stating we received your letter and will try the help out through a regular Samsung representative. I've had to jump through hoops about this issue and am totally disgusted at this point. The only bright spot through this whole ordeal was Kanesha, a helpful representative that stayed professional as I vented. Thank you again Kanesha for your patience when dealing with me and this problem.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A software update was done on 2-26-18 to my phone and it was damaged as a result, requiring the software to be reflashed. Samsung sent me to a place where I had to pay $$ to repair the damage done. They told me that I could also send in my phone for no charge to have it repaired. In six phone calls with Samsung, they did not know what they were talking about. They continually contradicted themselves, sent me in circles, did not listen, took responsibility, then denied responsibility, lied to me, and blamed everyone but themselves, such as Google, Verizon, who in turn denied responsibility. Seldom have I encountered a more inept performance by a business in all the areas I was in contact with, including supervisors.

I recommend buyers know that when they purchase a Samsung product, to consider that there will be no customer support behind the claims otherwise, and that any price paid be discounted in negotiations for this fact. If you find another product that is comparable, then purchase it. Discount all claims of customer support. Whoever you talk to will not know what they are talking about. This is not a fake review, since you ask. It is a real, frustrating, horrible customer service experience that I am giving as a service to others so they can avoid having a VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH SAMSUNG.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: bought 1 yr. and 2 months ago, has been a great phone, but LCD screen just went out -- you can only see different flickering colors on the screen. Exactly 2 months out of warranty. Samsung will fix but at a cost of replacing the screen and labor: 269$, for a defective product, and of course the phone still had several months of payments on it. Shameful (for Samsung) and extremely disappointing to charge $800 for a phone and it be of poor quality. NO trauma to phone or liquid exposure either. Very disappointing, as I have had several iPhones for the past 10+ years and never an issue with any of them. As I noted upon researching, Samsung is well known now for poor customer service! Back to iPhones...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchase directly through them thinking I would get great customer service and have been treated terrible. I purchase a phone and had a trade in, when I went to print the return label (within my timeline) it would not print. I called them and they said they would send me another one. Never did and have called 5 times, of course now they saw it is past my timeline and they claim that they have sent me other emails with the return, conveniently I only get their denial for my request to send me a return label. I have escalated and they keep denying and say sorry. Their people on the phone are unable to make any decisions or take action. I don't want their stupid phone any longer and of course I can return it, because it is past their timeline. CAN someone help?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy (7 Edge) phone not too long ago. Still paying it off through Verizon which is where we purchased it. For some reason, my phone went into a factory reset in the middle of the night. When I tried to get back into it after the reset, I was unable to. It would not recognize my gmail account or my password. I spoke with Google and I went down to the Verizon store. No one knows why my phone did a factory reset but, it caused me to lose ALL of my information along with pictures that I will never get back. When I talked with the Verizon tech and the Google tech, I was informed that this is not rare. This does happen. So, since I need to have a phone due to my family situation and job, I had to buy another one while still paying for the one that Samsung has ruined for me.

There was no compensation offered to me even though I had nothing to do with this factory reset. As I discuss this situation with others, they keep reminding me of what Apple did and the lawsuit they are in right now due to an issue with the battery they put in their product and the need for consumers to have to buy another. I really feel that someone either Samsung who obviously caused the factory reset, or Verizon who sells this product should take some responsibility and make this issue right or give some compensation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My name is Joseph **. I live in Nairobi. I am a journalist and currently work with a non-profit organization. I bought Samsung Galaxy S8 early 2017 mainly because it has a good camera; I needed to take good photos in my work. In November 2017, the camera (the very reason I bought it) stopped working; it went out of focus. I took it to a Samsung agent in Nairobi for repair and it took a whole month, and finally they told me they replaced the camera. At the end of January 2018 the same problem came back. I took it to another Samsung agent close by and the diagnosis revealed that the phone has a "distortion". Whatever that means! I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

After 10 yrs using Samsung products this was terrible experience and time consuming. The Galaxy S4 recent purchase was to replace cracked screen of Galaxy J3 Prime. The Galaxy S4 camera didn't work and it burned my hands after several calls. I could not even shut it off, had to remove battery and wait for phone to cool off. I was afraid of being hurt. I am so disappointed that my week was so disrupted. Upon returning to store VIP Electronics, I encountered more aggravation as they did not want to refund my purchase. So I am back to my cracked screen on Galaxy J3 Prime. How can Samsung let merchandise that's defective continue to be sold.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Known manufacturing fault on a Samsung 7 Edge (loose connection causing a pink vertical line on screen). Refuse to repair under warranty despite admitting that this is a common, known fault.... reason... 1cm hairline crack on rear casing. This voids the warranty. Despite speaking to managers nothing could be done. Oh... and I also made an 80 mile round trip to the nearest service centre in Stoke - as directed by their call centre!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I purchased 2 Galaxy phones for my business trying to diversify from I phones which we use in the company. One of the Galaxy phones 7S after 15 months stopped working, Verizon the carrier was not able to fix it. Samsung, on the other hand, required $400.00 to fix an antenna problem which is a product shortfall. I will certainly never buy one again nor recommend any.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I purchased this Samsung Note 8 9/2017 and by 12/2017 it's malfunctioning. I am so pissed because it is so expensive and useless at this point. I live in Houston TX, there is no Samsung store. I am just going out of my mind. I travel a lot and I don't know what to do at this point. Ugh... I definitely have bought my last Samsung that's for sure.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My problem began June 2017 on a Samsung S7 Edge would not access the internet. I was approved for an exchange 12-30-2017 and promised overnight return. To this day there is no tracking number or cell phone. Samsung will lie to you and the reps will not transfer you to a supervisor when you request it. I bought a ZTE phone with the 7.1.1 software which is a better phone ever made by Samsung. The 8 is also a piece of junk. Apple makes better phones.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information