2.20/5

703 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Repair service is terrible. Have had my phone for a month and tell me it is fixed, however they have neglected to send it to me. Each person says it is on its way- I still do not have it. For the third time I was told I would have it a week ago Wed. Still did not have it by Friday. Then they said Monday. Then they said today (Tuesday) - still not here. If not here by tomorrow (Wed) my attorney will be contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S8 is made in such a way as to break easily, difficult to change battery (14 screws to change battery), breaking the case to get in. Samsung needs more sales and makes junk phones. This is the last time I get a Samsung phone. Be warned if you are going to get a Samsung phone.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This may be somewhat lengthy, but I want to include all of the details. Several weeks ago, Galaxy Note 8 crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. Eventually, it made it to the recovery screen, where I attempted to Reboot Now. This resulted in the same loop. Back in the recovery screen, I attempted a factory reset. I was met with a Data Wipe Failed message. At this point, I contacted Samsung support. After talking with many individuals, I received a ticket **. I sent the phone in for repair, and a week and a half later, received it back with the Problem Found: Lock Up During Operation (SW) and the Solutions: Software Emergency Recovery. I went to turn on the phone and was met with a screen that read: "Device Storage Corrupt. The data partition has been corrupted. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data." and a RESET button at the bottom.

This is AFTER receiving the phone back with all the Mobile Phone Test Results from the Service Repair Statement being marked as Pass. I press the RESET button, and am met with a blue screen and the android logo, with an Erasing message at the bottom. After a couple minutes, the logo falls over, a yellow exclamation point appears, and the screen says Error. It then boots back to the Recovery Screen, with a Data Wipe Failed message. I call Samsung back again and receive a ticket ** from Cherrie(?). During this conversation, she says she is sending 1 day air shipping both to and from Samsung, as well as noting this repair is to be expedited. She says the repair should take no more than 24 hours, and if they cannot repair the phone, they will be sending me a replacement.

Also, I am told that if I have not heard anything, to call the Repair Department directly. After the phone has been received, as notified through UPS, I wait over 24 hours before making a call. When the phone has finally been ACTUALLY received by the repair department, I am told they have a 72 hour SLA and that is as much expedition as they can do. I ask to speak with someone from the case management office, and I am told I will receive a call in 24 hours, which then changes to 24-48 hours after I am put on hold for several minutes. This was on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018. Today, September 11th, 2018, I have still never received any such call. I received my phone back today, after the SECOND time sending it in for repair, in the same exact state, with a Device Storage Corrupt screen and a Data Wipe Failed upon trying to reset to factory.

I view the Service Repair Statement from this repair, to find to my surprise the "initial concern reported" was: POWER/POWER/WILL NOT POWER UP and the Problem Found: No Trouble Found. Well, obviously no trouble was found with that concern, as it is not related at all to the issue. Nowhere in the ticket was any detail of the phone not turning on. In multiple conversations I mentioned the exact words Device Storage Corruption and Data Wipe Failed, which I was told was logged in the ticket. Again, a series of Mobile Phone Test Results with "Pass" was included. There is no way any besides the Power Test could have passed, since that is the only part of the phone that works. I called and spoke to several people tonight. First was Felicia, from 1-800-SAMSUNG, and she escalated my call to her supervisor, Alexis, who told me I would actually need to talk to someone in Triage, where she then transferred me.

I could not understand the man's name in Triage, but was then transferred to a woman in the case management team. She gave me the same blanket statement that I needed to send the phone in repair, and that was the only option, so I asked to speak with her supervisor. I was transferred to a man named Johansson, who, in all honesty, was one of the worst customer service people I have ever spoken with on any issue. He repeated himself constantly, telling me the only thing I could do is send the phone in for repair again, because I did not qualify for a replacement or refund, based on the ticket ** being (incorrectly) marked as No Trouble Found. That has nothing to do with me.

The ticket, along with the prior ticket, had all of the relevant information regarding the problem, but because whoever the repair technician was that worked on the phone ignored those details, I am now in a situation where I'm told my only option is sending in the phone again. Any repair should not take 3 times, several weeks, and multiple tickets to create. I no longer have any faith in Samsung's repair center or its quality tests. I asked repeatedly for any legitimate logs/records/history that the tests were ran on the phone after the "repair", and Johansson constantly remained silent for several minutes, ignoring my statements and questions, until I asked several times if anyone was there anymore.

He told me that he has all of the authority and that he has decided I have no right to a replacement or refund based on the prior tickets "resolution". Again, when asking for escalation or any legitimate solutions, he remained completely silent, until he ended the call. If at all possible, I would like to make a formal complaint against Johannson, apart from this giant catastrophe of a repair management system.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Never experienced service this awful. My wife's S8 plus phone's camera has failed. The phone is still under warranty and I had followed all their instructions to resolve the issue until they asked me to send her phone in for service which will take 9 to 11 business days to repair. This would be understandable if they offered a loaner, however they expect my wife to be ok without a phone for 9 to 11 business days. How is this ok in today's world? I have been an extremely loyal Samsung fan for almost 2 decades, but I will never get another Samsung after this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

If you are part of the hundreds of millions of multilingual people you expect your phone's keyboard to be able to recognise the language of a message you receive. Whether it's by email, WhatsApp or SMS you expect a 1000 USD smartphone to be able to change the keyboard automatically and have it in the language of the people you communicate with. But no. Galaxy Note 9 is not a smartphone, it's a stupid phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I pre-ordered a Note 9. So I was supposed to get mine first. They told me it would be shipped August 24th. Took my money. I got my shipping. I didn't get my shipping details so I contacted them they were rude condescending and just talk to me like I was an idiot. So the customer service is ridiculous and then I was like it was supposed to ship the 24th. Then they told me it wouldn't ship till the 3rd I told him it was unacceptable they had to ship it sooner I was told the 24th. Now I'm going to email saying it won't even ship until September 24th. Now I have to wait for 30 days after it's already out on the market. It's unacceptable. The whole point of me preorder it was I was supposed to get mine first. I can go right down the road and buy it from AT&T Now. Now they won't refund my money they're keeping it and making me wait months after I pre-ordered it. I buy everything Samsung. I will never shop Samsung again. Buyers beware.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The Galaxy S9 Plus is completely worthless when it comes to security. I had problems with the previous phone. I got a new one and still the same issues. I know it wasn't cloud related because it happens before updates on brand new phones. You can't rely on Samsung security.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I purchased an S9 from Samsung with a $200 trade in agreement for my S6. I factory reset the phone and mailed it back to them the same day that I received the S9 in the mail. After the 15 day return window, they informed me that they would not accept my phone because it was locked and I could not return the S9. I have called and emailed multiple times to no avail. They cannot explain how a factory reset phone is locked.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I switched cell carriers last July from Sprint to T-Mobile. I bought 2 Galaxy S8 phones through Samsung (not the carrier) at 3:10 PM online. The Samsung website still the BOGO promo on their site if I bought 2 phones and signed up with T-Mobile I would receive a $750 Visa Gift Card for basically paying for the 2nd phone. After 3 months of no gift card, I started calling Samsung. After 2 months of being told that they were investigating my request, I was told that it would be escalated. After another month of getting the runaround I finally was told that I wouldn't get gift card because they pulled the promo at 10:30 AM, the SAME DAY I purchased the phones.

Asking why their site still had the promo listed at 3:10 that same day, I could not get an answer. I then emailed the "Office of the USA President of Samsung". After another month "escalating my request, I finally get an answer. That my request could not be honored... no reason or explanation. Let them know this was my 6th Samsung phone and had purchased 3 of their TVs in the last 3 years. Still nothing. Lost a customer for life over $750 because they refused to honor a promotion that was advertised 5 hours before a purchase.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I decided to go and buy the new Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. I was going to enroll in the trade in program, then I decided not to do the trade in. A person from Samsung told me I could use the labels send on my email. Now it's been 4 months and the phones end in the trade in dept. I been on the phone for the past 4 months and they keep telling me that they have to escalate the situation.

Finally 3 weeks ago they gave me the news that the trade in department got in touch with the return department and YES that trade in department has the 2 brand new phones, this was 3 weeks ago. Now when I called they told me the same as 4 months ago that I have to keep and they have to escalate the issue. I feel Samsung is trying to steal my mo es because now I am paying for 2 phones I don't have and therefore I feel and believe they are delaying the refund of my money. They want me to pay them all am and then keep the phones and my money. My experience with Samsung it's been the worse. They are very unprofessional. They treat people with no respect.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I don't even know how to explain all that I have gone through since my new phone arrived on my birthday April 2nd, it has been the worst experience and nightmare I have ever went through. I could not wait to get my new phone. It was preordered, so I had to wait, a few weeks no biggy. When I received the phone that's when all hell started. I couldn't activate it. I was suppose to have had a Sprint 64Gb phone on a their network.

Well as days and hrs went by trying to figure out why they couldn't activate my phone a tech finally realized and did some research on the MEID #s and it wasn't a Sprint phone. "Or let's just say it wasn't on their network." This was a AT&T phone and running off a whole other network. *(Something I have learned about the phone companies now.) Well this is after 2 weeks of calling and spending hrs and hrs on phone with techs and service dept, and actual phone companies, Sprint would not touch my phone. Said it wasn't theirs and could not unlock the device.

So after running out and buying sim cards and calling 3 different phone places I was so upset nothing wasn't working. And I finally called sales dept with Samsung. This women (I know her name now from my last confrontation 3 months later I ended up with the same women that made this whole thing and situation harder and worse than it had to be. I knew it was her when she started talking and her nasty attitude right from the jump) well when I made the first call to sales after two weeks. Went through the whole ordeal of what has been happening. She was not help then tells me it had been 15 days, and there was nothing that could be done. Omg, I thought I was going to explode. I said, "You're telling me this is a unworkable phone and I spent 966$ to just forget about it, and brush this off like nothing." She was very, very nasty in helping me as a customer that was crying at this point.

I said, "I just don't have that kind of money to throw away and not think nothing of it this is crazy." I demanded to speak to the person over top of her, she said all the supervisors were busy, and I said, "I have been on this phone over 1 1/2 hrs and you are telling me I can't speak to a rep." The phone was disconnected, and let me say the disconnected phone issue had already been going on for weeks, so this was something that had me heated already having to explain the whole story over and over. Sometimes 5 representatives in one call sometimes, very, very frustration and takes your whole day and makes your day very upsetting not getting anywhere.

Well hear I was a month in and I'm still calling and I'm still driving to the phone stores and I even went to try to activate at place the phone was under. After being with my phone service 5 yrs on a family plan, I didn't care. I just wanted the phone on. Finally into the second month a all day phone call I was able to get a supervisor on phone and he let me talk and tell the whole story from beginning to end. And telling him that this should have been handled my first time complaining on that 2nd wk phone call, where I wasn't in fact 15 days with phone. So I was entitled then for a return. So at this time he wanted to submit this complaint and order in to whatever high up office, to see if I could get a one time return.

"Omg" don't you know next day I tried to call him a few times still needing to go through a lot of talking and 1 hr just getting to him. He told me I was approved for a one time return that he was sending me a print label to my email and told me everything I had to do with the order #. I was so thankable to him and so finally I can just get my money back and get another one that were cheaper and offering way better deals at this time. I sent phone off on that Monday morning. Our last talk was on Friday evening, I started calling after 2 weeks the phone had been sent back trying to figure out where my refund was. Lol I think they blocked my #. I couldn't even get through. Next thing I knew I had a FedEx man at my door on the 2nd of June having me sign for a package. It was my phone.

Omg I busted in tears. Literally I was crying over this whole mess. The letter was marked in a box saying - this phone is past the 30 days return. Omg what??? Lol I thought it was 15 days remember thats what I was told on April 16th and why was I getting this phone back after being approved. There it all started again, I even tried to write to President + CEO of Samsung Electronics "Tim Baxter" then tried to write "John **" Sr. Vice President and "Michael **" (Customer Care) of Samsung Electronics. Never ever receiving nothing back from them. I was in shock at this point. Very, very upset over that much money just gone wasted sitting here with a device I can't do anything with just brought me to tears again. They are all on LinkedIn bragging about how they care and take pride in their products and customer satisfaction with his 33 billion dollar business.

I at this point made that last call, when realizing after 4 reps and 56 minutes in on this call I get this lady, the one I talked about in the beginning. After talking to her 5 min I knew it was her the only one that was pure English, and still nasty by the end of call, because after she said reading into my notes I was denied, she started to get the nasty talk and trying to talk over me. Personality same as she had on the first call because she realized after looking into notes realized she was the one who took first phone call. She then said I couldnt talk to a supervisor and that they were all busy and then said they will submit this and I would hear back on it. "Now 3 months in on this" (nothing). I have never ever been so upset with this whole order of one freakin phone in all my life. A man with a 33 billion dollar business and this is one customer that truly loves her Samsung products.

I have many IM on my S8 right now. Can not believe I have been treated this way and cannot believe there's nothing I can do but blast this all over the internet, tell family, friends, co workers, and anyone I can. The way I have been treated over this phone. I will keep fighting this and truly know I have a case with all this. But I am on disability not good health and just don't have it in me to take this to a courtroom. But to know Mr. Baxter or any of the management team does not care about me or what has happened. And that you might as well say you just took almost a thousand dollars from me, and not do anything about this "just blows my mind." I have never dealt with a business or corporate business and never have not been takin care of, especially when this isn't even my fault.

I just was sent the wrong phone. I could have handled all of this, if they just made it right. This is one longtime customer that is very disappointed in how this has been handled, and very upset I'm out of hard earned money I saved for many months to get this for my birthday, at 52 yrs old. I just like to enjoy my electronics, and be at peace. This is horribly disturbing to hope that no one else has had to endured anything like this. By the way I would like to throw the name of the terrible terrible representative that handled this terribly on first. And how weird last call her name was Katherine in sales for Samsung Electronics, sad to have someone to talk to people like that in her line of work.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I preordered my phone, my husband ordered his phone after they came out. I've been having problems with my phone dropping calls or people not hearing me since I got the phone. My husband has no issues, it stopped for a while then started back so I decided to use my Note 5 and send my Note 8 in. I've always bought my phones from Sprint and had no problem with having repairs. Today I get an email from Samsung stating they changed the repair cost from 0 to $658.16, really? My phone isn't even paid for. They said they found power charging issues and charging error message. I didn't have a problem with my phone charging before I sent it.

Then I called the # on the email 3 times, people kept reading me the same info that was in the email. Finally after someone notifies me that there was 2 facilities and my phone was at the other so that's all the info they had, I told them that I should be speaking to someone at the location of my phone, she gives me another number for this lady to tell me that the tech said my phone has a bad motherboard... really? 1st time hearing this and at what point did this charge become mine. What did I do to make the motherboard "heart of the phone" bad. I've been a Samsung advocate all of my adult years until now! I'll never buy another.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. I removed the sim card to insert the sim card into my new Samsung Galaxy S8. After I did this, it locked me out of the phone completely. I called tech support at Samsung and followed all of their directions to the tee. They instructed me to provide proof of purchase of my phone, which I did. They sent me a shipping label and told me to send it to Mac Allen Texas to their service center and they would unlock it and return it to me at no charge.

It has been over two months now and I have still not received my phone. Every time I call I have to explain it all over and over again and then I am told it has been unlocked but hasn't gone through quality control. It has been over two months! Their customer service people are rude, unprofessional and talk over you when you try to talk to them, I own a Samsung laptop, a Samsung Tablet, a Samsung Refrigerator, a Samsung TV and I have even been an employee of Samsung Techwin in the past. I will never buy another Samsung product again. I will be buy Apple phones and anything but Samsung now. Apparently this company could care less about the customer.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I bought a brand new Samsung phone in December 2017. The microphone quit working in June. I sent to Samsung and they emailed me to say the phone was no longer under warranty because the TSP is broken. They will only repair if I pay $156. NO WAY - the phone was never "damaged" or dropped. I did not damage anything - it just quit working and I don't appreciate that implication! The customer service rep told me too bad, they will not fix it for free and they will not escalate my complaint. They do not care about customer service and clearly do not stand behind their products. I have never been so completely dismissed by a company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I send my super clean S7 Edge, do all what they said about factory reset and send next day that I get the return box, they take 150 USD. for the trade towards the new phone, 4 month later they take 125 USD. out of my account and said that I have to do some other weird thing to the phone and that they are going to take possession of the phone for $25 dollars. We ask to charge the full price for the new phone and return the old one that we know it’s worth a lot more, they said not sorry, just stole it with white gloves. NOTE: THAT WE MAKE THIS ORDER ON 01/02/2018. THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT 06/20/2018.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased three (03) Samsung Galaxy Note 8 cell phones two in December 2017 right around Christmas and one in January 2018. So far, the two phones I purchased in December 2017 both experienced a screen failure. Both phones were sent to Texas for Samsung to repair. My sons phone came back repaired with a green border around the case and all information intact. My Note 8 was returned missing the S Pen and all my work information that I write in Samsung Notes along with everything that was on the phone had been erased and removed from the cell phone.

When I called Samsung to report this today when I received my phone back they had a carefree attitude, and this is disheartening. I had all the notes from several business meetings contained in the Samsung Notes. I also had numerous proprietary applications on my cell phone that Samsung didn’t care I lost. Also, they said they will send me a replacement “S” Pen but don’t know when it will arrive. I requested they FedEx it to me or give me a credit to my account to for $30.00 and I will go buy a new “S” Pen. They refused both options. I also requested they compensate me for the loss of my information and apps and the inconvenience it is causing me. They REFUSED!!!

I spoke with customer service supervisor Sachin who was no help. Sachin transferred me to Executive Team Member Jackson who placed me on hold for 15 minutes and then pretended he could not hear me and disconnected the call. He never called me back. I immediately called back and spoke with Lara who refused to connect me with the Executive team and told me there is no phone number to reach the Executive Team. They can only call me. They lie, Lie and then Lie even more. I have been a lover of Samsung products for many years and have owned over twenty (20) Samsung cell phones and numerous other Samsung products. After this experience I do not know if I will ever buy another Samsung product again. Samsung should be ASHAMED of their lack of customer service.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had purchase the phone on 04/17 and return it on 04/25. But have accidentally send it to trade in department instead of return department. Which trade in department has received on 04/25. Till today's date I haven't receive my refund yet. Initially I was told it will take longer time 21-30 days. After 30 days passed by I was told it will take 7 days. I have waited all these days but no refund yet. The product was financed from Samsung. I have already made 1st payment and 2nd payment is due on 06/17. I am making payments for no reason.

This concern has transferred to so called higher department 10 times already but no response yet. I don't know what's going on here, I understand since its was my error it takes time but now this is taking ridiculously long time. None of the customer service know anything even their so-called supervisor and they are rude, just copying pasting policy and trying to hang up. Mr. ** literary hung up on me. I have already lost my patient level and I really want refund department to issue my refund. As of now they have my money and your product.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After sending in my old phone, which was in excellent conditions, months after receiving my new phone Samsung reversed the amount they credited me and charge my credit card. They said my trade-in phone was damaged, which is so far from the truth. Why would I do the program if I knew my phone was damaged??? Tried for months to get this resolved, filed a claim, which they did not approve. Very poor customer service!! Kept getting the runaround for almost a year!!! Do Not Use Samsung's Trade-in Program.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Bought Note 8 last October. Being send back and forward for overheating issues for 3 times to Samsung repair department. Asking for the refunds or replacement with a new one. They are really horrible. Talking liked circle. Assure the product is repaired and passed their tests in the good conditions. Yeah right. Talking is so cheap. Whenever I got it back to use, it’s still no good. The Note 8 still overheated after use for 3 hrs such GPS. Now I am stuck with the bad product which I spent cash $960 for this one. Is there any way to sue Samsung since they are really suck?

Original review: May 20, 2018

In November 23, 2017 I placed an order with Samsung as a result of Black Friday advertisement to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, 64 GB, Verizon version with a trade of an S7 plus. I received a single phone with nothing at all in the envelope. Samsung said it is brand new, it looks refurbished. However, the phone is good, works, I still have it. I paid $560.00 in addition to the S7 plus trade. Just look how expensive was just a single phone with no box, shipped in the envelope.

Who will believe Samsung Corporation will ship a Single phone in an envelope with no instruction manual, no charger at all, no box, no headset, nothing at all, just like any person handed his phone or donate to someone, will give basic instruction and at least one charger. That's why phone dealers told me that they sent me a refurbished phone and claimed as a brand new out of factory. I took the phone and the envelope to show to phone dealers, they were upset. I am sad, they are not honest. Everyone can make a simple judgement for over $1000 value if you add the trade for a single naked phone in the envelope. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THAT, IF THIS IS A BLACK FRIDAY DEAL.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I returned a Galaxy S9. Never taken out of the box. Still in the box they sent me on March 14, They received it a week later according to the tracking information and the email saying they have received the phone and will begin the refund. On April 19th I still have not received a refund so I called Samsung who said they will send it to escalations and should receive a refund within 2 weeks. I called again on May 4th. Again they said they will send it to escalations and this is a serious issue and that I should have received my refund by now but they will make it a priority and put it at the top and send it to escalations.

Again I call 2 weeks later. Was told the same thing but now it's they can't do much more and they are backlogged but will make a priority again but that's all they can do. This will be my last Samsung purchase from such a big company they have the worse service I have ever seen. They take the phone, keep the money then give you the runaround. If you ever buy a Samsung product and need to return it and looking for a refund start praying because it's going to take a act of mercy for Samsung to care.

Original review: May 8, 2018

They don't deserve any stars because of their poor customer service. When you call them you will not get any results. All they do is talk in circles and riddles. I don't know why their service is so bad but they need to do better than they do because their phones are not cheap. They need to be more respect for their customers. I will never buy another Samsung phone and I will tell everyone that I know not buy them either.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased S9+ on release date in March 2018. May 1, 2018 Samsung offered preorder for S9+ with expanded memory. (128/256 Gigabytes) Customer Care refuses a remedy to replace unit. The updated unit was marketed with practically same price.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Bought a brand new Samsung S8 for about $700 from Xfinity Mobile. 2 1/2 months later, the phone died due to defective charging/battery. After 4 replacements, no this is not a typo, I am still waiting for latest resolution. It's interesting that foreign speaker with heavy accents works with the customer service line with regular American names. They are super apologetic and service oriented with nice words. The big problems are that, they are reading off of a script, doesn't know what you are talking about, and cannot do anything other than passing the buck. What a complete waste of time!!! I've been a loyal Samsung electronic consumer for more than ten years. They've taught me lessons and horror dealing with them/products which I will not forget. I am certainly not an IPhone person but have bought the IPhone 8+ without choice since I need a phone. It works like the way it should. therefore, I am happy needless to say.

Just got off the phone with Samsung regarding the status of my phone. Of course, they cannot transfer me to the people that make decisions. It's always layer and layer of excuses. This means more waiting before they send out the replacement. The bottom line. If you enjoy torture, spend $700 and buy yourself a Samsung S8 cell phone. It will not disappoint for sure (when I purchased the iPhone, the store clerk at Xfinity even told me that they have no inventory of the Samsung S8 because they had to send all of their store inventory back. Therefore, this problem is certainly no secret to the phone companies. Meanwhile, let the general public suffocate and pay for a piece of crap that's certain to fail).

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone directly through the Samsung website. The deal was that I would return an iPhone 7 Plus and receive $200 off the retail price. When I received the new phone, there was no return label in the box. Samsung then charged me $200 for not returning the phone. When I called Samsung Customer Service, I was told that the label was sent to my Email address. While on the phone, I checked my Email account and informed the Customer Service agent that I did not receive an Email containing information regarding a return label.

Instead of helping me to resolve the issue, the agent indirectly called me a liar. As an IT professional, I also have a catch-all Email account that captures all Email, including spam. When I check that account, I do not see any Email from Samsung containing information or a link to a return label. I should point out that this is not the first time that I have purchased a cell phone directly from Samsung, I returned the old phone and it was a smooth transaction, so I don't understand how this second transaction could be so different from the first. I'm looking for some help here, Samsung!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought a Samsung S8+ and 7 months later the SIM Card slot died, no longer could receive text messages, phone calls and having a child in sports you need to be able to be contacted. So on February 19, 2018 Samsung received my phone for repairs. On March 3, 2018 I received an email stating the parts were on back on order. A week later I checked and the status stated REFUND TICKET. So I have now been fighting to get my refund of the phone since March 7, 2018, in the meantime I had to buy a new phone (Another payment plan costing me more money). And I have gotten nothing but the run around saying the check has been mail and that was over 2 weeks ago. Samsung has the WORST customer service ever.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Sent in Galaxy Note 8 for small crack in screen. Phone was working normally without other problems and was only two months old. Original estimate was $240+. Then I was sent an email saying I needed a new board and battery for new total of $679. Battery was two months old! Phone was charging and working perfectly. After I was given a date of repair I was sent an email of delay because of Good Friday holiday... ufb. After 10 more days I called to check (no updates ever sent) and was told it was almost ready. Five more days and it arrived. THIS WAS A TOTAL RIPOFF!! TRY TO AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!!

Original review: April 17, 2018

My phone kept giving me alerts that it detects water in the charging port. I have never had my phone in water or even in the bathroom while take a shower. I took the phone back to AT&T and they referred me to a Samsung contractor who then said this model was having a problem with this detecting moisture. He proceeded to tell he couldn't fix it and referred me to Samsung customer service who did nothing at all but make excuses. In picking your next phone be very careful of the hype. Be smart and do your research. I will never buy another Samsung phone.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Wow, is your customer service bad. Both my mother and I have been loyal to Samsung for years, as your products are easy to use and well made (or were), but that may end with the Galaxy S8+. My mother skipped her upgrade when the Note was bursting into flames, because she loved her Note at the time, but when it died, she was willing to try a Galaxy S8+, and I upgraded at the same time. Huge mistake. Only 3 months later, her phone refused to charge unless it had a brand new charger, a plug it liked (which changed every day), the moon was in the right position in the sky, and the kid down the block was having a good hair day, essentially. Annoying. Then it would only work on a wireless charger or in the car, and even then only when the stars were in perfect alignment.

A month after that, my phone - approximately half charged - turned itself off and never came to life again. Then, her phone did the exact same thing. So we went to ATT who sold us our phones, where apparently they have been hearing this kind of complaint a lot, and they told us to call Samsung. The first person we got on the phone, seemed very nice, and since the phones were and ARE still under warranty, he sent us labels to mail the phones in to have them repaired. Then it went to hell in a handbasket. Over two weeks with no contact and the phones show back up on my doorstep because your tech team, in all their brilliance, stated that they couldn't repair the phones because of a reactivation lock and we should "deactivate the reactivation lock by powering on the device..." Do you see where this is going?

So we called, and stated very nicely (as you were still dealing with my mother at this point), that we can't deactivate the lock because we can't TURN ON THE PHONE! And Samsung changed their story and said the real reason was that we had to pay an upcharge because the charging port doesn't work and that voids the warranty. And we let this go, because after my mother explained - again - that the charging port not working is part of the problem, they sent us more labels to send the phone back in so they could fix it, which we did with notes specifying that we could not turn the phones on to deactivate locks, specifically to avoid the phones being returned (although they did deny us the ability to talk to a supervisor - I can't imagine why). (Anyone want to guess what happens next?)

So imagine my surprise when I get home from work tonight to find the phones on my front step, with the exact same reactivation lock note as the first time. So I called the customer care number on the note, and referred to the "previous service order number" as requested - a task made more difficult as there are now two service orders for each phone - and the customer service agent, while acting very nice, lies to me. Now I'm not sure which is the truth and which is the lie on her end - but she first tells me that the notes say they were just supposed to unlock the phones - a concept I find ironic (refer back to the letter we keep receiving) - and then she tells me they were supposed to fix the issue and she goes back to the voided warranty plan.

The call was apparently recorded, so you can hear this for yourself. When I asked for a supervisor, she put me on hold to "go find one", at which point the call disconnected. Now she did call me back, with no supervisor in sight and her only answer was to send the phones in AGAIN like we did last time. I'm sure you can understand my doubts about the success of this, especially when she still didn't seem to understand the issue. So I again asked for a supervisor, adding that I would wait, to which she said "oh" and hung up on me. No callback.

So you can see why I'm pissed. In the meantime, one of the reasons the cell phone is so important is because my mother has Parkinson's disease and orthopaedic issues so she needs a phone to always be on her so that she can call in case of an emergency, like when she fell the first time the phones were at the repair center. Let me tell you, if she falls again, and can't call for help, because Samsung can't be bothered to acknowledge that they made a terrible product, and then remedy that mistake, I will have a lawyer writing the next letter.

I want my money back for the phones, $849.99 each, and I want Samsung to deal with your customer service issues. If you can't be bothered to do either, let me know so that I can find a different phone company to support. TL;DR - Samsung created a poor product (that has received numerous complaints) and can't acknowledge their mistake, inadvertently risking my mother's health, and won't remedy the problem.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Day: 3/23 email for Samsung: “I'm so far 10:05 pm waiting for the delivery of my Gear Fit2 Pro (Large) Red. SM-R365NZRAXAR order #MGG8EV0XZ. Be delivered I have been exaggerated for 1 week. Being that the website of you are to deliver in 2 working days. I'm frustrated and angry. Because this would be a great friend in Brazil. That my aunt is coming back tomorrow night that she would take. And she will go without my friend's gift. Samsung and UPS should have more respect for customers. Because I followed the delivery date every day. I am frustrated with the services of the company and with everything. Very sad in not being able to deliver this gift to my friend. I hope that the company enters into position to its service and products. I do not accept excuses or that I felt much. This will not solve my problem and my frustration at the moment.

Day: 24 contact the UPS. It says my order was transferred to the Post Office team. What the heck is a product that was delivered by UPS doing the post office? Did not solve my problem nor to UPS many other than Samsung. Day 26, Samsung answered my email sent on the 24th. The answer? Kkkkkkkk was that practically my problem with UPS and not theirs. Samsung is hardly fussing its consumer. For this reason NEVER MORE BUY SAMSUNG!!! I always bought Apple and always had great service! I made the mistake of buying a product from Samsung to get angry and it would not do me any good. Now I will wait (because it did not arrive more than 1 week) just to have the pleasure of returning and generate some measly cost for Samsung. I've been through. I've been through.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information