Samsung Cell Phones

Samsung Cell Phones

3.9/5 (699 ratings)

About Samsung Cell Phones

Samsung Cell Phones Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Cell Phones?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

The new Samsung S20 FE is the perfect fit for someone who is looking for all the best of the Samsung Galaxy S20 plus features without having to shell out the 1400 dollars for some features that are not quite up to par. This phone is super fast, has fabulous picture-taking capabilities and is 5G ready. I didn't upgrade to the 5G package yet due to the lack of availability in most areas but know that this phone will do the trick when the network expands.

Switching from my 8 plus was a snap and this phone has been everything I could ask for. I was offered the new Apple for less and I wouldn't even consider dream of switching. Seamless integration with my other devices that are on Google Chrome and it paired with Android Auto in under a minute. The design is pretty much the same but I love the fingerprint reader on the front screen. So much more convenient. Love this phone!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

This is my 2nd Samsung (3rd if you count my very old flip phone). I have the S10+ which replaced my S7 (and my boyfriend has his S8). My S10+ has a great set of cameras, and wonderful battery life for how I use it. I added an SD card, so have tons of storage space. The phone is fast (even with just 4G or sometimes 3G). And I love being able to use Samsung Pay at lots of businesses. I don't use Bixby that much so can't speak to it. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Active2 watch, which pairs nicely with my phone. I think Samsung Rewards has gone downhill some since I first got my Samsung S7, so it's harder to earn rewards than it used to be. I like the wireless charging capability. So far it's been good for updates (Android 10, security updates). Still waiting for Android 11.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I love my Samsung Galaxy S10+. It's got lots of memory 128 gb & the cameras are amazing. It's easy to use and has a longest battery between charging. Can charge by wall socket or wireless pads. The fast charge wall plug is the best. Using wireless pad requires you to take off any protective case you might use (I use Otterbox). The one thing I dislike is the battery on this model isn't one I can change out like past versions. This model requires you to send your phone to the shop for replacement battery. The size of phone is good, not too big nor too small. I have many apps downloaded through Google Play and still have space for more. The cost was high but well worth it. I bought this phone new last year and I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Since the Pandemic began I had to get a smart phone to be able to now do my doctor visits on an app. I was ok with that but not the price of the phones. I researched and found that Samsung had a Galaxy A10e for $179.99. While I was used to using my one and only flip phone for many years I felt this was something that I needed to invest in and it was time. In the end I am for the most part very happy with the phone. I wish I was better at texting and knowing how to use it a little better like the younger generation (including my really young toddler grandkid's) but there truthfully are some draw backs that I just can't stand.

First Is that unless you have this in some kind of holder or case it will slip and go flying out of your hand. Yes it's that slippery. 2nd I can not for the life of me get the sounds to coordinate between the ring, reminder, volume etc. Then they want to know if you want it on silent....Mmmm good idea but how to know when I get messages. The accompanying book was not written well so if you don't personally know I SPY or GET SMART you are not unlocking those bit harder questions. Explanation of the one star off. Perhaps though this can sum up my feelings on the phone. I had to purchase a phone for one of my sons recently. We didn't think twice. The Samsung Galaxy A10e was our only pick.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I've owned many cell phones in my life and S8+ is the first one to last beyond the time to pay it off. My wife and I have had ours for more than 4 years. I did have to replace my battery. The battery store told me it was my fault that my battery failed. They said I should not keep it 100% charged. Although it did not fail until 3 years. My battery charge has always lasted longer than I ever expected. I have used a dozen or more glass screen protectors but they usually cracked in a month or so. I stopped using them and my screen has been fine. The gorilla glass much stronger than the hardened screen protector. The Android operating system has always been very easy to use. Samsung has not come out with a phone with features enough to make me want to upgrade.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Samsung Galaxy S 21 is the first Samsung phone I purchased because of the camera. Except for the very good camera, everything else is inferior to all the cell phone I ever had. While making a call the screen goes blank and if you are prompted to select a number or add passwords, etc, screen does not return. While reviewing a file, i.e., photos, news item on Google or chat on Whatsapp, the screen moves by itself and disappears. I would have smashed this camera if I did not waste $1300 for this piece of trash.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Purchased two Samsung Z Flip 3 phones. We owned for 32 days and the charging port corroded and damaged the board. Sent to Samsung Warranty and they voided my warranty due to the corrosion causing water damage. If you know anything about electronics it takes more than 32 days for corrosion to occur. They were never exposed to any water.

We had to wait for parts to arrive because there were 3 other phones in for the same problem. It is hard to accept the fact that both phones, same day and time stopped charging using the port. I had to pay for the repairs at my own expense and now have a voided warranty. They cannot explain the cause of the corrosion. We were very careful with our phones and did nothing to cause this damage.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

First, this review is more toward SAMSUNG and not the S21 Ultra, the phone is great. When I went to purchase this I contacted a representative to question the terms of the ad on their site. I looked at the webpage to check pricing on the S21 Ultra 512GB phone. It clearly states...'Highest online instant trade-in value guaranteedᵝ Get $600 instant credit or exclusive cracked-screen trade-in up to $360 values.'...So, it says get $600 INSTANT credit which is not the same as up to $600 trade-in. I was told that it is up to that amount which is not true. If I put in a S20 Ultra as trade, which I do not have, it shows the discount as $700! I was then told to just order the phone and then contact the refund department for a refund, which I have in writing along with a ticket ID.

I called a few times but can never get anyone that sounds like they are in the United States that I can clearly communicate with. Each time they referred to it saying it means $600 trade-in and they are not doing $600 instant credit. I even mentioned that they need to just change it to read up to $700 trade-in so that they can cover the S20 Ultra allowed value. Anyway, I would really appreciate it if a rep would contact me about this since I have already convinced 1 colleague to purchase a phone and others are looking as well.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I trade 10 month old phone with Samsung. Send me the offer for my S20 Ultra trade S21. Pay $700. Since 1st day my phone have screen protect and cover. I take picture for my phone before I mail them. They told me, "Your phone have crack on the screen." Totally lying. They want pay me only $280. Please carefully to trade with them. I request send my phone back I return s21 to them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Beware! Samsung issued an update that wiped my Access Point Names (APN) on my unlocked S20 Ultra 5G, purchased 13-months ago. Verizon's tech support cannot fix the issue and has transferred me to Samsung twice. I've experienced NO TRANSPARENCY from Verizon or Samsung throughout this extremely frustrating experience.

After opening a ticket with Verizon and waiting a week for nothing, getting a new SIMS card that could not be activated, until I switched it to another phone (not Verizon), being transferred to Samsung that provided two options: 1. Take the phone to their Samsung Authorized Service provider or 2. Get a new phone, the S21 with S20 trade for $499; Really? I've gone 3-weeks without proper cell phone service, there should be one option: 1. Samsung fixes the issues and phones that its corrupted system updates!

Warnings: Samsung will ask you CONTINUOUSLY if there is any damage to the phone. I took my phone to their authorized services' location that diagnosis is "It's weird, could be the service provider or the phone, but they could not get it online for cellular”. The authorized service provider validated that the phone does not show any visible damage. I kept it in a wateproof defender case. After picking up the phone from Samsung’s Authorized Service provider, calling Verizon to provide the diagnosis and get an update on the ticket status, being transferred, YET AGAIN, to Samsung customer service/tech who finally, after 20 minutes of being placed on hold, offers a 1x free service fix.

I was continuously WARNED if any other issues are detected, the service department would be in touch to collect the fee, and it’s in the email that provides the label for the Samsung Tech. If the phone will work on another cellular providers sims card, I don't think there would be any other issues. And, I am to mail the phone, not in its original box. What?! I don't trust that my phone would be received the same as it is today because my experiences have resulted in Samsung's credibility being zero in my book! Samsung would probably say there's a needle size crack not visible to the human eye to collect a fee.

It is my perception that Samsung practices are to not be transparent/forthcoming, not acknowledge MISTAKES, and pursued customers to buy new cell phones which makes Samsung money with no accountability! Samsung's goal is to inconvenience customers, eg. I'm nearing a month without cellular service and now told to send my phone to Texas which would be another seven to ten days without use of my cell phone, not even on Wifi. Samsung needs effective customer service training that includes transparency, honesty, humility, and business ethics.

Apparently, it's Samsung's goal is to identify fault of the customers; thereby, not owning their system update errors. The latest system updates have compromised S20 phones; Google it - August 2021 & September 2021 updates (which removed my APN)! I didn't hear it from Samsung throughout the many calls, allegedly, Samsung is working towards a system update fix to be released soon. In the meantime, I'm nearing a month without use of my cell phone unless I'm on WiFi. As Samsung reminded me MANY MANY TIMES "The phone's warranty is 12-months," and my phone was purchased 13-months ago thus I am responsible for any fees to fix the phone. This experience has resulted in miss calls from my children’s school and school transportation, family, and employment!

Not to sound paranoid, but I now question if this entire system update that compromised Samsung S20 phones was an intentional act by Samsung. Were unlocked or no warranty customers targeted? The email I received states that during repair my phone would be locked and I may need to contact the service provide for a code. Why would Samsung lock the phone to fix an issue? Why aren't all customers experiencing the same issues? I placed a SIMS card for another provider in my S20 phone and Viola. AGAIN, BEWARE or BE SMART research everything! Tomorrow, off to T-Mobile or even Straight Talk, I need my phone and TIRED of the run around! Good luck to all!

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information