Samsung Cell Phones
3.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 258 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Cell Phones

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

660 Samsung Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I purchased this Samsung Note 8 9/2017 and by 12/2017 it's malfunctioning. I am so pissed because it is so expensive and useless at this point. I live in Houston TX, there is no Samsung store. I am just going out of my mind. I travel a lot and I don't know what to do at this point. Ugh... I definitely have bought my last Samsung that's for sure.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My problem began June 2017 on a Samsung S7 Edge would not access the internet. I was approved for an exchange 12-30-2017 and promised overnight return. To this day there is no tracking number or cell phone. Samsung will lie to you and the reps will not transfer you to a supervisor when you request it. I bought a ZTE phone with the 7.1.1 software which is a better phone ever made by Samsung. The 8 is also a piece of junk. Apple makes better phones.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

My husband and my son both had Samsung Galaxy 6, it was a 2 years renting program, the program is they pay $18/month for each phone for 24 month. At the end of the 24 months, you still need to pay about $ 100 to buy the cellphone back. The big problem is, both of their cellphones were broken before the end of the two years' program. One was repeated show restart, restart.

My son went to the Sprint store, the customer service person said the motherboard of the cell phone was broken. He was recommend to hand in the broken cellphone back to the store and buy a new cell phone, but he still had to pay the leasing fee to finish the 24 month program, and at the same time to pay the new leasing fee for a Samsung Galaxy 7 for $24/month; now another Samsung Galaxy 6 could not get on the internet, my husband went to the Sprint store, the customer service person helped him, and told him it was OK, but he still cannot get on the Internet. He can only use the cell phone to call or receive a call/message. Could anyone please tell me if you have the same problems?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Bought a Galaxy 8+. Charging Cord just stopped working. Needed phone. Called Samsung and they wanted me to mail my defective cord back to them so they could confirm it was not working. They would then replace the cord at no expense to me. Problem - what was I supposed to do for the weeks it would probably take to actually get the replacement cord. My PHONE BATTERY WAS DEAD.

Their advise. Go to Best Buy or any Electronics Store and purchase either a new cord or a Charging Pad. What kind of Customer Service is this? I had to buy the replacement charger because it was imperative for me to have the use of the phone. Now I'm out close to $50.00 because of their defective product. Thanks a lot Samsung. It will be a long time before I ever purchase anything from Samsung again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I recently bought the Samsung Note 8 and loved the phone. However within two month the back of the phone glass shattered into tiny pieces. I sent the phone into Samsung and they told me I would have to pay to fix it because I caused the damage. They sent the phone back to me and I had the back replaced with Samsung's certified parts...

Two days later the back was cracked again. I went to Best Buy which told me that they no longer have Samsung employed personnel in their building but looked at my phone and said that my phone was twisted which is why the back continues to crack and to send it back to Samsung. They said that this is common complaint with this phone and it’s called a battery bow which happens if your phones heats up. I sent it back to Samsung and they wouldn't fix it. They stated that because I replaced the back the first time, I have voided the manufacturer warranty and even though they can clearly tell that my phone is bowed. I told them that they are the ones that fixed it and they said they have no record of fixing it...

I am so upset that I spend about 1000.00 on this phone, and have supported Samsung by buying multiple other products such as almost every note they had (except the 7), I have a Samsung Gear classic watch and bought the Samsung G3 watch and Samsung S8 plus for my son and they just send my phone back and said, "Oh well, you’re out of luck". I am beside myself, I love the phone but the service does not stand by its product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought a wireless fast charge Samsung charger at my Verizon store for 59.99 cause my port was messed up on my Note 5... It's been only 6 weeks ago... And unfortunately they only have a 14 day return policy at the store and suggested I call Samsung customer care for replacement. My charger keeps pausing so after being on charge all night, I get up, it's only charged half way. Well, turns out I have to mail my charger to them which he said will take about 14 days and then the time to turn around and send me a new one. I can't use a regular charger, but told me I need to buy another charger till they can send me a replacement... Doesn't that defeat the purpose of me wanting a replacement. I don't have the money to just go get another one. So disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Terrible company to do business with... problems with cellphone that's 2 months old and cannot get any real help. I would have been better off buying Apple or a Google phone. I wish I would have done that...

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This brand is user-friendly and easy to use. Apps that I download do not interfere with the operation or performance of the phone. The camera work really well too.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Samsung products are great, androids are 10x better than iPhone, it's just what they put their names on that gives them bad reps & low rates.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Trouble since new and Samsung couldn't fix it. Screen goes blank, keyboard disappears and touch screen freezes - cannot type. Have to wait for these things to right themselves or restart cell all the time!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have the Samsung Edge 7. The screen is great, and takes really good videos. My husband has the iPhone 7 and after taking pictures with both, I would say the iPhone takes better quality pictures.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile. A few months into owning the phone I had overheating issues. I contacted T-Mobile, did all of the "trouble shooting" and the phone worked. A couple months later, the same thing. This phone has ALWAYS been in a case, I now have a crack on the INSIDE of the screen. If you run your finger across the phone you won't feel it, but you can see it. I contacted T-Mobile since I have insurance, they said it wasn't covered because of the crack (it's on the inside) so either pay the deductible or take it to Best Buy and maybe they fix it since it's under warranty.

I just contacted T-Mobile again (different rep, different answer). This one said my phone isn't under warranty and Best Buy said since it has a crack it doesn't matter. It will be treated as out of warranty. $199 to fix the phone. I have never had an issue with Samsung products before, and T-Mobile has always fixed any issue I've had with my other phones. I am beyond frustrated!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I can not believe how poorly I have been mistreated by Samsung and their 3rd party customer service! I was a Note 7 owner that was promised a promotion towards the purchase of a Note 8. The promotion was buy a Note 8 get 425 off the phone with trade in Phone and receive freebies along with the purchase a SD card and wireless charger with purchase. I decided to go with the offer. It was a horrible experience from the beginning! They promised me promotion codes that took forever to come. I had to write same and call customer service weekly. I got not get help answer. This was back in August when preorder of it the cell phone came out. I never received new promotion codes that they promised. I keeper clicking on the old ones. I had to try to get them to work so I could order the phone.

Finally, it went through. Because of the promotions not working. That put me to the back of the list on back order to receive my cell phone. I called almost daily to see why I not getting my cell phone with the preorder cell Phone in a few like they promised the Note 7 owners (that they would get the phone before the rest of the public). Instead it was the complete opposite! The phone came out and was on sale to the public and I had no phone. It took over a month for me to receive the phone! I noticed the 1st day of getting it turned on a step up that there was something wrong with the phone! It was defective! I did a factory reset on the phone 5 times to get it to work. The phone was super slow. It took 20 minutes to download an app! I could not stream on the phone! I have unlimited data and WiFi! No matter what location I was at the phone would not run at the speed it should have.

I called Verizon my phone company to help me with this phone and they couldn’t help. They even said there was something wrong with the phone. I could not even get most of my apps to open. I called Samsung for help. They told me I could only deal with ECommerce the order company for help because I was a Note 7 owner and they put the promo codes out for the Note 8. When I called ECommerce they told me I had to return my Note 8 and all my freebies to get a replacement phone. Mind you I gave them my treat in the same day I got my Note 8. I told them, "I should not have to do this. I have no backup phone. Please send me a new phone and I can mail back the old one." Samsung and ECommerce told me that I could not do that that it was policy to return everything and they send me out new promotions codes to reorder the phone and that’s it would only take 7 to 15 days by the time they got the phone.

I mailed the phone Oct 16 2017. They got the phone and signed for it Oct 23rd 2017. I waited weeks for my promotion codes and my refund. I called and called and I just got lies, "Wait more time. 7 to 15 days. It will be escalated to higher management." I had to borrow a phone because Samsung had my only phone. I was tried poorly and rudely by their customer service! I could hung up on and laughed at. I wrote complaints to Samsung about their customer service. I called over departments asking for help and letting them know I was promised promotion codes and refunded to order a new non defective Note 8 and received nothing! I was even told they were just behind on things and to keep waiting! I said let me talk with a supervisor. All the supervisor would say is, "We have to wait for upper management to approve thing and to wait another 7 days!"

It should not take over a month to get a phone and a refund and promotion codes to order a new phone. I even was told Samsung would give freebies from one customer service rep for the inconvenience, just to get me off the phone. I had to get the BBB involved to help out and all Samsung of the president would say is, "Wait on upper management's approval but you will get everything that was promised to you." I was told that someone from Samsung would call me and they never did. I wrote them back through the office BBB and they still would not help me get my phone or refund me! I called back ECommerce for help and told them, "This is stealing and against the law to take my money and two of my phones and leave me with nothing." All because they gave me a defective phone that just need to be replaced! I never did anything bad to these companies to be treated this way!

They said they have good customer service but they don't! They don’t care at all! There is no communication or organization at all with Samsung! I’m borrowing a phone now that I have to give back in a week. I told them this and they just said wait another 7 days! I told them, "So you don’t care if I’m in an accident and have no phone to use." They just said they will make note and wait on upper management! This is out of control unprofessional and uncalled for. I’m not the only one going through false promises and lies. There are other people I have spoke to that were promised promotional codes that were Note 7 owners that never got them. They have two cells they bought and only got one promotion code. People that did the preorder of the phone were promised promotional freebies items for ordering early were never given codes for that either!

Every person I spoke to just says the Samsung and ECommerce keep saying keep waiting for codes that will never come because they stopped giving out codes back in late October! I sent my defective phone back before the promotion codes were over and still have not gotten my cell Phone refund or freebies I was forced to return! Samsung and ECommerce are just st saying keep waiting in hopes to get us off their backs and hope we will move on eventually! They are not telling the truth and even lying to the BBB. I have email and reference numbers for all of this! (Samsung, ECommerce and the BBB interactions) All I want is my Note 8 and the freebies back I was forced to return! There is not reason to lie to people and not be truthful about your services! I would not recommend buying from this company directly at all.

I need this situation fixed and resolved. It should not come down to this. Samsung even said I already returned everything but never addressed the fact that they owe me a new Phone and promotions they promised me! One month to wait on a preorder phone and two months with no refund Phone or freebies is fraud! I should not have to call customer service 15 times a month to get help only to get pushed aside! Samsung said that it was going to be better to its customers and make up for the Note 7 mistake and they have not. I’m being treated worse than ever before!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Samsung has well organized contacts listing, grouping, call type timing history and works well on the internet browsing with favorites and history. Has good set of utilitarian apps and good navigation. Reliable, very good camera and good filing system.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Impressive! I would suggest this SAMSUNG PHONE compared to iPhone products. I would rather have a dependable source for communication when communication is necessary.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I keep a Samsung cell phone for years & appreciate when a new phone is created. I don't have to rush out & spend the cash... Mine is up to date & reliable.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The phone I have is a Samsung smartphone, and I basically use it for texting, making calls, and sometimes playing a game or two. A pretty decent phone, but the battery doesn't stay charged for long.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I love my Samsung Galaxy S6. It's easy to use, the battery lasts all day and if for some reason I'm using it more than usual the power saving mode can easily get me through the day. Call quality and picture quality are also great.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have a Galaxy S5 and Iove it. I use to have an iPhone that I could not use in my home even though a tower is right down the street. My Samsung is fantastic. I can even make and receive calls in my basement. It is very easy to customize my phone and change settings. I would highly recommend this product.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

This phone has a lot of unwanted applications that I cannot uninstall. Not only that, these programs update themselves every time even though I have disabled some of them. There is no way to stop automatic updates. I hate this phone and will never get another Android.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

This is the best phone I ever had and the only computer that ever liked me! It is outdated however and freezes sometimes when texting to an iPhone. Battery needs frequent charging too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

A lot of drop calls, little or no bars and poor service when calling. Very slow charging and slow internet. Pictures are not clear and poor color.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

So my Samsung Galaxy Eclipse phone, only 6 mos old caught on fire from only being on the charger for about 25 minutes. I only used the original charger and USB cable given with my phone to charge. I didn't pay a contract fee for my phone. I bought it full price. Samsung clearly is not thinking about customer safety. They said that I'm being overdramatic about my phone catching on fire and that this isn't a big issue. So they said my phone is repairable and that they are going to give me back the phone that starts fires because that's their rules.

After explaining that I have property damage in which they have all proof of the fire damage to my home plus the physical damage to myself for trying to put out the fire with my hands (I know stupid). And they have all the hospital and bills with pictures, that my only choice is to accept the fire prone phone back. Well then I explained, "Would you want to sleep knowing your phone was going to catch on fire," and they told me that personally they don't have Samsung products and if I seen the news about issues such as this then I give up my rights to a safe phone. Now they have my phone and it's been two months without a phone. I'm at lost on how to get this resolved in a logical manner as to getting a new phone or my money back. I have all their emails to me and proof that they are the standard of cellphone slum lords. Do not buy anything Samsung.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have a Samsung 7 Edge and the screen has 1 image burned into the screen. It has been that way for a while. The AT&T salesman says that is common and he would not let me trade it in. This will be my last Samsung product.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I purchased this product at a Samsung store inside Union Station in Washington DC. I was issued a receipt from orders@shop.us.samsung.com. To my non-legal mind, this is evidence my transaction was between me and Samsung. Yet, 1.800. SAMSUNG refuses to authorize a return, insisting I deal with the Samsung store where the purchase was made, a location which is about 300 miles from my residence. Had I bought an iPhone from an Apple Store, anywhere in the US, I could have concluded the return by phone or by going to any Apple Store in any city in the US. Unconscionable abuse of the consumer's rights on the part of a multibillion dollar transnational corporation. I'll sell the Note 8 privately, at a loss, and stick with iPhone from now on.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I pre-ordered the Note 8, received a defective product. Returned because I was told I could not exchange. Returned phone was sent back to me. Ordered a new phone as well and was told I would receive the same $425 credit as on the original order. I have yet to receive the $425 credit and yet to receive a shipping label to be refunded for my original order. I am carrying a balance of almost $1,000 on a credit card that continues to incur interest after 2 months of this. To be clear I have been calling in nearly every day for the past two months trying to resolve this issue. I am continuously blown off or told that the last rep didn't do things correctly. They have stolen my money and refuse to give it back. I am completely fed up with the incompetence of this company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Preordered Note 8 in Aug. Unlocked. Received on Sept 12th. Went to my carrier for sim card. Had many issues with dropped connection so called Samsung, emailed and chatted. Learned from ECommerce that it was incompatible on the CDMA bandwidth which my carrier uses. So a return for refund was set up. All free gifts and phone had to be sent out no later than Sept. 27th. I did that only to get the phone returned to me on Oct 12th. Daily constant communication since only to get an email today (Nov. 14) stating my return request is denied due to time expired, not in OEM box, damaged or not purchased in US. Well I was never sent a return label to return the phone, but on Oct. 12 was sent on my Samsung acct) a return label requesting not only the phone but the free gifts too. I did not get the free gifts when the phone was returned to me. And have been in constant contact about this with Samsung.

I am so furious that this is handled by 1) passing off from dept to dept 2) getting a new ticket # every time I call (which restarts the whole mess over & prolongs everything) 3) being continuously told it takes 3 to 5 business days to get a return label only to find out today (Nov. 14) that the corp office isn't replying to ecommerce regarding return labels!!! UNACCEPTABLE. I've every email, documented numerous calls... 8 different ticket #s in just the month of Oct.

UNACCEPTABLE. And screen numerous chats. How can they refuse something I still have that they messed up and resent me instead of refunding my cc??? I'm told by ecommerce that they are swamped with returns... That's NOT my problem/fault. That's Samsung's problem/fault for pushing out a product too fast just to beat the competition. No consumer should be made to "pay" for a manufacturer mess up. My loyalty will no longer be with Samsung. Years of electronics purchased and now 2 months fighting for a refund. No, you can't treat customers like this and think it's ok or we won't keep trying when we know we are right. Unfortunately I cannot add a receipt because I paid direct to Samsung via cc... Aug 24th.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I sent my phone to Samsung in order to Samsung account. Great. They did their job. They unlock it but not only they unlock it they damage my phone. NOW, they want me to pay $75 to fix the phone they damage... Omg!! If only I know they going to do this... I should've not send my phone to them to fix. Instead of fixing they broke it. Also, they made me wait and pass to different customer service. I am very very upset. You know what? Instead of getting mad... it's making me cry cause I am very very very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Galaxy S7 has been easy to use from the beginning. The camera takes sharp pictures and facilitates editing and sharing them. So far it seems to have plenty of storage.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The Samsung phone has way too many apps when I just need a few. Its battery life is ok also but could be way better. The phone is too expensive as well. Margins on these things are 200-300%.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information

Samsung Computers and Monitors
1938
Korea Sout
www.samsung.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use