Samsung Cell Phones

Samsung Cell Phones
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Samsung Cell Phones Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Cell Phones?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: June 16, 2020

I'd give this company -500 stars if I could. I bought a $300 active 2 watch on February 28, 2020. It is advertised that consumers can use it while swimming. I don't even shower with the damn thing on, but I went FLOATING on a TUBE in a 5ft deep POOL for TEN MINUTES *ONE TIME* after activating the water feature and then shaking it out after I was done, like it advised me to do in the users manual, because I have a brain and I can read (customer service accused me of lying and said I didn't do any of that, by the way). It was fine after I went swimming and the rest of the night.

The next day I went for an 8 mile run like I do every day, and the screen completely shit the bed. I called Samsung and they had me send my watch back (they also told me it would be returned to me within 7 days and I didn't even get a response from them for 7 days let alone actually get the watch back). I get an email saying that I owe $219.79 for repair costs for WATER DAMAGE. I fought on the phone with customer service for over 2 hours, went all the way to the top, and they literally told me there was absolutely nothing they could do for me (they couldn't even meet us in the middle and lower the repair cost, just wow), and they told me my 1 year warranty was voided, due to water damage, from going in a pool, which they advertise on their website that you're able to do with this particular watch.

Then, they pissed my fiance off, who comes from a family of lawyers (that was just a bad idea on their end). They still wouldn't do anything. We ended up having to pay $219.79 for a watch we got 4 months ago that originally cost $300 (tell me again why we have to pay almost full price for the watch just to repair the screen??). Well, I hope the $219.79 was worth it because we are serving them with papers from our lawyer. If anyone else has had a similar issue I advise you to do the same. False advertisement is illegal and now they've just pissed off the wrong people. Their corporate address is as follows:

Samsung Electronics of America INC
    Office of the President
    105 Challenger Rd. 6th Floor

Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

Original review: May 30, 2020

For the first time I decided to order my phone direct from Samsung instead of buying through my carrier (which you get the same day). The Samsung website says takes up to 2 weeks to deliver due to Covid - claim the bulk of this is due to delivery carrier delays. My order has been pushed back again and now they are saying it will be a month or longer. Claims delays due to Covid although per my support call, they are all working on the back end. They are using this Flu virus as an excuse to delay their orders. Clearly taking advantage of this flu pandemic.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I purchased a Galaxy watch in September. In May, the following year, while swimming, the waterlock failed and the watch quit. This watch advertises water resistant to 50m and specifies it has a "water lock" mode for swimming as well as a "swimming mode" which automatically turns on water lock. Since I used this function and it failed, they are telling me it is not covered under warranty and want as much money as a new watch to repair it.

The term "lock" means just that, secure. This term is misused on this watch. I had their phone, Note 7, burn up on me. Samsung sent two men out to pick it up. I have a picture of the phone with their signature. I did not sue for damages, an expensive night stand, bed frame and hardware floor as well as chemical burns in my throat, as I felt they were a reputable company. I had to replace my neck brace, which I still have, as it was covered in soot. I had a severe accident and was temporarily paralyzed from a broken neck and damaged spinal cord. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG. THEY MISREPRESENT THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Yesterday I bought my first Elite phone. I took a walk this morning. Had a Guard on the phone. Bent over to tie my shoes phone slipped out. I was close to the ground. It shattered. It was poorly crafted. Very cheap material. I called customer service willing to pay to fix it. Put on hold. Hung up on. I don't understand for a thousand dollars the phone wasn't as durable as phones you pay 250 for. Then for Samsung Customer service to be so rude to me. I had the phone less than 18 hours. A thousand dollars yes I expect more for that much.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I traded in a S10 Plus for the S20 Ultra, after about 2 weeks or so I realized that I wasn't receiving any Google Play Store updates. I contacted Samsung multiple times, customer service is terrible and there company policy is also terrible. They couldn't get the updates to work and want me to drive over an hour away, which I refused to. Then they said send your phone in and we'll fix or replace it and it will take about 10 days, ummm no thank you! I said there's a pandemic and also I'm a business owner who needs to have a cell phone. This will be the last Samsung product I purchase due to there policies, terrible customer support! I also explained I traded in a perfectly working S10 Plus for a new phone that doesn't work 100%.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Phone is overheating. They don't care. Try to call corporate. Nobody there to talk to. Paid to have new phone activated. Can't use it. It is so hot I have to use the speaker to talk. I cannot hold it. Camera freezes. Not enough room to tell you everything.

Original review: March 27, 2020

$1000, phone and 2 months out of warranty and no customer service. I take care of my phone so this is a defective phone. I am expected to send in my only phone for weeks during a pandemic. It's just wrong! Waste of time and money!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a new S10+ from Samsung in Dec. I was noticing problems with phone calls a few weeks after. Phone would either, drop the call and say 'no network available' while it showed 2-3 bars or other person couldn't hear me.... I thought it was my provider. After spending hours working with Sprint to reset all the network settings, updating and a forced update from the pro tech, they said it isnt the network but would send me a signal booster for my home. 3 days later hooked it up (also note only my phone was doing this...there are 4 other phones in the home). Signal booster didnt help.

Contacted Samsung through the computer chat since I cant call them. Fast forward 3 days of chats with over 6 hours, more than 7 people getting transferred, then transferred out of the country, I asked for supervisor.... I had completed a network update, network setting, reinstall updates, restarts, cleared cache, moved everything to cloud and factory reset and Still dropping calls. I told supervisor that this is not acceptable, it's a brand new phone...after much bickering he set an appointment at nearest repair facility (30 minutes away), I took it in, no problem detected. Service facility told me that's what they'd find but would request motherboard replacement because phone has no physical damage, motherboard has to be ordered.

So 3 days later new appointment for today to replace motherboard. I dropped phone off, had to wait 4 hrs....repair tech got the phone to fail 3 calls in a row YAY!! Now, it's documented by a technician. My question is, if a phone is 30 days old and malfunctioning....WHY DONT THEY REPLACE IT. I paid $1000 for a piece of crap and have wasted way too much time trying to fix a new phone. I'm officially done with samsung products.... but highly recommend UBREAKIFIX at least the one in Flint, MI.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to Note 10. In the process of data transfer all my text messages were deleted. Now they are irretrievable. We purchased 4 Note 10s from BestBuy on December 19th and all had data transfer but 1 phone had all its texts deleted. According to a Sprint technical support person, Samsung Smart Switch software caused the problem. Samsung needs to compensate me for this loss.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I have been a Samsung cellphone customer for over 20 years. I have never had an issue or made a complaint. I have three cell phones on my plan. All three phones have third-party screen protectors and Otter Box Defender cases. I dropped my phone a few months ago and my screen protector cracked but my phone is still in good working condition.

In December I upgraded my nephew's S8 plus to an S10 plus. Samsung reported it added a screen protector to ensure “full functionality of the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor” on the S10 and S10 plus phones and that a third-party screen protector may cause the sensor to work improperly so I did not purchase a third-party screen protector. Less than three weeks after he got the phone, he dropped it and the screen shattered. I had insurance on the phone so he made a claim to get the phone fixed. The deductible was $139 and it took two weeks to get the phone fixed.

I called Samsung customer service because I felt they should have replaced the phone since their screen protector failed to protect the phone. They told me it was only meant to protect the screen from scratches. I expect more than “scratch” protection on a phone that costs $1000 plus. I would have purchased a third-party screen protector if I had known that the Samsung screen protector did NOT actually protect anything. My nephew was without a phone for 2 weeks, I had to pay the insurance deductible, and purchase a third-party screen protector for $50 so this does not happen again. Had the screen protector worked, he could have used his phone while he replaced the screen protector and it would have been much cheaper.

After three calls to customer service, I filed a complaint with the President of Samsung. Their answer was they are not responsible for physical damage and the screen protector is not indestructible. That answer showed a total lack of concern and was frankly insulting. Had the screen protector cracked instead of the phone screen I would have been happy to purchase a new screen protector. Advertising a screen protector that doesn’t actually protect anything is deceptive at best and fraudulent at worse. Call it a scratch protector and let the customer decide how to protect the phone.

If I had the all the facts from the beginning, I would have purchased a third-party screen protector and the phone would not have shattered. Instead, Samsung acted like we irresponsible and unreasonable for dropping the phone and expecting them to replace or fix it. Everyone will eventually drop their phone and we should all have the facts in order to minimize the phone damage.

This is not a company that cares about their customers or takes responsibility for their mistakes. My S8’s did not come with screen protectors and that was my responsibility to protect them which I did. Samsung needs to take responsibility for the S10’s that may crack due to their lack of honesty. I just want to alert new customers not to trust Samsung.

Samsung Cell Phones Company Information