3.3/5 (1749 ratings)

About Pure Talk

Pure Talk offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with Pure Talk, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pros

• Affordable plans
  • No hidden fees
  • Ideal for seniors
  • Reliable coverage

Cons

• Service lags once data caps
  • Does not operate its own network

Bottom Line

Pure Talk provides cellphone coverage at an affordable price and a variety of discounts. The company offers and services designed for older adults with no hidden fees.

Pure Talk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

You are everything you said you would be and very competitive. When compared to my previous carrier ATT the difference in data downtime was incredible. I don’t know how you do it but whatever it is you should duplicate it.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Bruce! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Love Puretalk, service great and cost is phenomenal. My cell phone bill went from $68 per month to $22. I like the fact that this is a veteran owned company with employees who speak understandable English. I will stay with this company.

Pure Talk response

Hi there, Bernice! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for choosing PureTalk!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Was excited to make the switch from AT&T. Unfortunately having to transition our 5 lines a few at time. On August 31st, I tried to add 2 more lines to my current account. I ended up shuffled through 3 different customer service reps (over an hour of my time) without even being told that I was being transferred. To end up being told that I could not add lines. At this time, I am very frustrated and disappointed with PureTalk.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Cindy! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. You may add a line to your account by logging into your account portal online at https://www.puretalkusa.com/account/login. Once you have signed in, you will go to Plan >Add a New Line > Select the plan you would like to purchase and follow the prompts. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Transfer was seamless and cell service is perfect. Just as good if not better that the major carriers which I have had several. I am transferring my wife and daughter. Customer service is much better. No hidden fees. I would like you to add better international coverage in the future.

Pure Talk response

Hello, David! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that making the switch was a breeze! Our Customer Service department is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I hate the phone I bought from you. It isn't senior friendly and even the basics; checking voicemail, messages, weird things appear on the screen that I don't get. I'm afraid I can't exchange it because I've waited too long.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Karen! We regret to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your device. After reviewing your account, we do see that you are past the 14-day return period. To help you navigate your device, listed below is a link to the user manual. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your device, you may contact our Technical Support department directly at 1-800-768-4360. Our Technical Support department is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us to improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I’m glad I switched to Pure talk, I’ve been with AT&T for over a decade and paying a hundred dollars a month for the same service I get with Pure Talk. For years a handful of companies dominated the market until the last four years or so, and now there’s some affordable options out there.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Kai! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I get a new phone and the old sim would not recognize the phone. I talked to 5 customer service people because your phone system kept giving me the customer service prompt instead of directing me to tech help like they said. Took way too long to solve a simple problem.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Walter! We regret to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

My phone is better than I expected. Still learning what all it can do. Would highly recommend it to friends and family. Also appreciate that it run by OUR veterans. My husband was a vet and the price is certainly affordable. I’m sold and your display in AMAC, that made my decision. Overrall I’m. Very pleased. Keep up the good work.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Margaret! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I didn't have a phone to be able to call. Made many attempts to get a new phone online. All I got was computer generated responses that was useless. When I did get a new phone I paid for overnight delivery. It came in 2day delivery. I returned phone. Have not been repaid.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Wayne! We regret to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience, as this is our top priority. We have reviewed your account and can confirm your refund was posted back to your payment card on 09/09/22 for the amount of $193.49. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Simply put, I have already recommended Pure Talk to several friends. That tells you all you need to know about our experience with Pure Talk USA. Thanks for supporting conservative causes, for standing up for traditional American values and principles! We were tired of spending our hard-earned money on companies that support woke, politically-correct groups and causes. There are so few reputable conservative services these days, so we were glad to learn about Pure Talk USA!

Pure Talk response

Hello, Phil! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

We love Puretalk!, paying less than with AT&T and that’s with a corporate discount for 15+ years! We haven’t had even one issue with coverage, and our fam members all have their own plan so no one runs low on data. AT&T is a joke, but that explains why they’re also woke! Thank you Puretalk!!! Please can you also develop an internet package, we would sign on today!

Pure Talk response

Hello, Jonda! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Very happy with my new Pure Talk phone service for my mobile phone and my wife's mobile phone. Saving significant money monthly over my old AT&T service. The AT&T service was fine for the time. Although a little pricey it met my needs as a working traveling engineer. Once retired I realized how much more I was paying for service that I did not need. Pure Talk conversion was painless for my wife's newer phone, transferring from my older phone to a new phone and a new service took a few more days to ring out but it was pretty easy.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Peter! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I Purchased a new phone and plan to replace the one I had from one of the big carriers. The Pure talk product is just what I need and at less than half the cost I was paying with my former carrier. I tell all my friends how to save with Pure Talk.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Don! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We love the price and service that we are getting, customer service was great when we were transferring from another provider. Coverage has been great everywhere we have gone. 5G speeds are just as good as the big companies, voice calls are clear.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Michael! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I had virtually no glitches in my service when I switched from AT&T to Pure Talk. I did find out I was not able to make international calls and it was on a weekend and I couldn't do anything about it until Monday. I used WhatsApp instead and had no problems. My voicemail moved over and I did not have to set it up again. Everything remained the same. My switching experience, minus the inability to make international calls, was 99% flawless. Everything corrected itself. I do recommend that you clearly inform people that they need to get a 'switching PIN' from AT&T before they are ready to switch services. I was not told that and it delayed and complicated my switching process. I was not told that I would need this before I needed it.

Pure Talk response

Hello, James! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! For your convenience, our Customer Service department is open seven days a week, including holidays! Our hours of operation are as follows: Monday – Friday: 8 A.M. to 11 P.M. Eastern, Saturday: 10 A.M. to 9 P.M. Eastern, Sunday: 12 P.M. to 9 P.M. Eastern.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

N 50th Ave Tampa. I get no service at my mechanic shop at all. One no internet phone don’t work at all. Please help me or I may have to change companies. By Palm River in Tampa Florida my phone don’t work.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Ezequiel! We regret to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your PureTalk service, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. Service may be affected by terrain or local structures, however, we will provide troubleshooting steps to ensure your devices are properly connected to our network. Please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS. Then reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings, this will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I continue to drop calls and have SMS and MMS messages go through unless I'm connected to wifi. Contacted Tech Support twice with different solutions each time. Bottom line is nothing is getting more reliable and I will not be a customer much longer.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Bill! We regret to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your PureTalk service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > Software Update to ensure your device is utilizing the newest update available. Once this has been completed, please go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings to reset the network settings. Then follow the link below to the Android APN settings. We would like the opportunity to make this right and will be having a Technical Support agent reach out to you shortly. A private message has been sent requesting additional information. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The service does not match your map. Some areas I frequently visit have absolutely no service. I am hoping your towers are updated soon. Switching was easy enough but the instructions could have been a little better. The price is good though. Thank you.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Diann! We regret to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your PureTalk service, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. Service may be affected by terrain or local structures, however, we will provide troubleshooting steps to ensure your devices are properly connected to our network. Please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS. Then reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. This will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

a) The phone provided has too many applications.

b) The phone is too complicated to operate.
c) The service is too expensive.

d) Too many ads.

After paying $186 for the phone which I could have gotten cheaper elsewhere, finding most apps were not needed and being locked into a deluge of ads plus finding hard to use, even answering a call, I am unhappy.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, David! We regret to hear that you are unhappy with your Samsung Galaxy A12! Applications may be uninstalled by going to Settings > Apps > locate and select the specific app > tap Uninstall > tap OK to confirm. Regarding the service price, you are currently utilizing our $25 Unlimited Talk & Text + 4GB plan. Since you are an AMAC member, you are eligible to downgrade to our $10 AMAC-exclusive plan, which includes 400 minutes, 300 texts, and 300MB of data. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

It was an extremely slow conversion time - it took several days to convert from the old phone system to Pure Talk. I am very happy with the price so that helps. My wife is considering changing over to Pure talk but can't be without phone service for several days due to her job.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Thomas! We regret to hear that you experienced delays when activating your service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. Once a port request is initiated, it takes anywhere between 1 and 72 business hours to complete. In between this time, you will keep your current carrier’s SIM card in your device until we email you confirming we have completed the port request. This will prevent service disruption while the port is being processed. We are pleased to hear that otherwise, you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Your voice mail service could be improved by using caller ID to show on my phone's screen who left me voicemail, phone number and the time and date voice mail was left. I like your great rates and ease of payment.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Jack! We offer visual voicemail which allows users to view their voice messages. At this time, we are only able to guarantee that this feature will work with iPhone models 6S and above. We cannot guarantee visual voicemail will function for all Android devices. Our Technical Support department has added the visual voicemail feature to your device so that you may now view your voice messages. Please restart your device and this feature should be available to you. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Not Using or wanting to use a "Smart Phone" seemed to cause delays in switching services. I was without service for approximately one week. Other than that, I'm happy with the product. Ps: Change comes awfully hard for some of us older folks.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Peter! We regret to hear you experienced delays when activating service. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are pleased to hear that otherwise, you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Excellent customer service and knowledgeable technical support skills. Very patient and personable. Helpful and courteous. Would recommend this company (and I already have). Same cell service towers, but without the fee and hassles of the major carrier companies.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Gina! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Our Customer Service department is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I was told several times that my phone was compatible with the 3 g shutdown. After hours on the phone with you I was told I needed to purchase a new phone. I did and spent much more time trying to set it up only to find out it was defective. So I've sent it back for a refund.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Betty! We regret to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Devices must be 4G or higher, VoLTE capable, utilize GSM network, and fully unlocked to be compatible with PureTalk service. We have reviewed your account and can confirm your returned device was received and inspected. We are currently processing your refund. Once it is approved, your refund will be posted back to your payment card. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I love this service, I was with Straight talk for 14 years paying $55 for my unlimited service… This service is saving me money while also getting GREAT coverage wherever I go… I would highly recommend this service.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Beverly! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Hardest part of the switch was waiting to get somewhere with cell service. Once we left home, service set up was completed, and we are happy knowing our money isn't promoting ESG scoring or WEF programs.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Tamra! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I switched from Verizon and couldn't be happier, not only am I saving over $50/month but I always have service, even in places where Verizon or At&t don't usually have it. The customer service is great as well. Super happy I decided to make the switch.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Laura! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Your service is spotty in the mountains of northeast Georgia. I do however like that you offer a discount for veterans and law enforcement officers. I will continue to use your service but hopefully the service will get better. Please contact me if needed.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Timothy! We regret to hear that you are experiencing service issues within your area. Outdoor coverage may vary from indoor coverage and may be impacted by local terrain and structures. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

And in here lies the only problem I have. Your billing seems to be inconsistent. One month over the phone. The next well I don't know how? I have no way of contacting you for there is no emails or paper billing. There are times I can pay before the due date and would wish to do so but with no recourse or way of paying. This has become very frustrated. I have tried to remedy this in the past to no avail.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Michael! Customers have the option to enroll in AutoPay, submit manual payments online, or contact our Customer Service department. Please kindly be aware that payments submitted outside of Autopay will incur a $5.00 transaction fee. You may enroll in Autopay or submit a payment by visiting www.puretalkusa.com/account/login. Once you have signed in, select the “Billing” tab. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

When traveling not in service a lot. Had AT&T before and was told Pure Talk uses the same towers. Have not found that to be accurate. When traveling to Mexico was not given all the info to be able to use my phone even though I paid more to upgrade to 3G. So far not impressed with the service. Customer service people nice and try to be helpful.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Gay! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We now offer international roaming in Mexico and Canada, this may be added to your line of service by logging into your Account Portal and selecting the 'Add ons' tab. Regarding the service issues you have experienced, please connect your device to Wi-Fi, then go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS version. Then, reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. This will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Once this has been completed, restart your device and test your service connection. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Pure Talk Company Information