3.4/5 (1479 ratings)

About PureTalk

PureTalk offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with PureTalk, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pros

• Affordable plans
  • No hidden fees
  • Ideal for seniors
  • Reliable coverage

Cons

• Service lags once data caps
  • Does not operate its own network

Bottom Line

Pure Talk provides cellphone coverage at an affordable price and a variety of discounts. The company offers and services designed for older adults with no hidden fees.

PureTalk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PureTalk?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I can't say enough good about PureTalk. Verizon's bill was fracturing me every month for 2 lines, I saw the PureTalk commercials and they sounded simply put, too good to be true. I believed the price but I was fearful the coverage and service would be compromised. But 4 months in, everything they advertise is absolutely true. I travel all 48 states for business and I've never had a dropped call or a data breach anywhere. It's like I never left Verizon, just for half the price. And for me, my final bill each month with PT has been cut much more than half! I love this company and its service. I just wish I made the switch much sooner!

PureTalk response

Wow, Dusty! You are speaking our language with your feedback, from saving more than half on your monthly bill to the excellent signal! Saving money is so important, especially these days. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I am very happy with my experience with PureTalk. Customer Service and tech support is excellent. The people who answered my questions about switching from my former carrier were very helpful. Their help made the switch very easy. The monthly fee is so much better than my former carrier.

PureTalk response

Hello, Rosemary! We're excited to hear about the great customer service you have received, and that you're saving money on your monthly bill! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Generally I have had a good experience, with Puretalk, your sales representative, explained the plan, and features in detail. Great Service is a hallmark of Puretalk, I would recommend your product to anyone. I have lowered my cost for phone service, I have better support and your Puretalk, works in a much larger area, which is something I need. Thank You.

PureTalk response

Wow, James! We're delighted to hear about the amazing customer service you've received with PureTalk and that you're experiencing a better signal! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

PureTalk’s customer service is fantastic - they help you set up your phone so it is usable immediately. I found that my voicemail message on my calls did not transfer over in my change of carrier but customer service was able to fix this problem quickly. I’ve had no problems with any calls coming in or going out on my phone!! PureTalk is Great - change and save money now! I save about $50.00 a month with PureTalk.

PureTalk response

Hi, Julia! We're thrilled to hear that you have received such awesome customer service and that you're saving money each month on your cell phone bill! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Dear Puretalk representatives, I have missed many important phone call since I left Verizon and chose Puretalk on this phone number. Please improve tower signal pickup for this area. Bank and stock companies cannot contact me on important issues! Local business cannot reach this phone.

PureTalk response

Oh no, Rob! We're so sorry to hear that you're experiencing service issues within your area. Outdoor coverage may vary from indoor coverage and may be impacted by local terrain and structures. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. We're committed to resolving your issue and an agent will be reaching out to you shortly to provide further assistance! Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Pure Talk is not the best price around for MVNO carriers, but it offers a good balance of price, performance and support. I like the US-based and friendly customer support and that the owners support my values. I have had some issues with data speeds in crowded areas like Costco but coverage is fine most of the time. Getting our phones to work took extra effort with APN settings but they all eventually fully worked after that effort. So good all-in-all, but not perfect.

PureTalk response

Hello, Paul! Having a U.S.-based Customer Service team is one of the many things we pride ourselves on! Regarding your activation issues, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused. If you are in need of any technical assistance, we're always happy to assist you by phone at 1-877-820-7873, email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a live chat!

Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide. Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Switched from one of the legacy carriers and haven't noticed any change in service, just a change in price. US based support is a huge plus too! Couldn't be happier with my switch to PureTalk, I would recommend them to anyone.

PureTalk response

Hi, Conor! We're pleased to hear that you are saving money on your monthly phone bill! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I love Pure Talk and I am happy to give 5 stars to Pure Talk. They are real people who solve problems fast and easy. I recommend Pure Talk to anyone. And, if you're looking to switch I suggest you give Pure Talk a try!

PureTalk response

Hi there, Suellen! We're so thrilled to hear that our support team was able to quickly assist you and provide an excellent customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Very satisfied with all aspects of the change from AT&T. Fewer glitches, better and faster customer service, less expensive and Pro-life. All WINS. I am VERY Grateful to AMAC that they facilitated this change in service providers. It has been a great pleasure being a customer, and I look forward to a long relationship.

PureTalk response

Wow, Joe! This is what we love to hear! We're so excited to know that you're enjoying your PureTalk service and saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I haven't had this but a couple months and this is my first phone so I am still not familiar with using a lot of the functions. I am usually by wifi when I need to call or message, so I don't have experience with knowing how well the cell signal works. Starting the service and having monthly billing has gone smoothly so far.

PureTalk response

Hello, Skip! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your PureTalk service. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Calls and texts are continually and regularly delayed. I’ve never experienced so many delays. Is that the reason I pay you money? Plainly l the answer to that is no. Your customer service reps are kind. Kindness does not make my phone work better. Additionally, they are not always correct about the information they provide me. You’re not by any stretch a discount price outfit. Only discount on your abilities. Without apology, I’m sorry to say. And also I cannot believe you are not aware of this. Thank you and good day. William **.~

PureTalk response

Hello, William! We're disappointed in hearing about the service issues you are experiencing, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused! While service signal may be affected by terrain or local structures, let's try some troubleshooting steps below. Please let us know if your service when away from Wi-Fi improves!

With the device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS. Then reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings, this will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Once this has been completed, restart your device and test your service connection. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

The Connection to cell service is super spotty and unless I am at home my internet connection does not work hardly at all. I’m not really happy about switching. I have been looking into going back to AT&T. I switched on a friend's recommendation and the prices but I’m not sure it’s worth it. I need my daughter to be able to reach me and the service just isn’t reliable.

PureTalk response

Hello, Kari! We're disappointed to hear that you are experiencing service issues, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. We would like to provide some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this matter. A private message will be sent shortly to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

For half the price, Pure Talk gives as good reception and service as any of the more expensive big names. They will also auto-withdraw on a monthly basis instead of three-month basis [unlike Straight-Talk, which requires 3-month pre-pay]. So far, no problems at all.

PureTalk response

Hi, Marcella! We're delighted to hear that you are receiving great signal strength! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I'm happy with phone (I can hear callers clearly & they can hear me clearly) & service (to date). But am sorely disappointed there is no 'owner's manual' for my Samsung Galaxy - really need one at my advanced age!

PureTalk response

Hi there, Cynthia! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your new device and service. In an effort to reduce paper waste, many device manufacturers no longer include user manuals in their boxes. We have provided a link below where you may download a digital copy of the user manual for the Samsung Galaxy A03s. If you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I have the same service provided by a major carrier at less cost. Also, I am happy to know my money is not being used to support liberal causes that I don't agree with. The ability to tailor my data plan to our usage is another benefit.

PureTalk response

Hello, Terry! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

When I switched from Sprint to Pure Talk to the person on the phone was very helpful, I really appreciated that. I am very happy with the service and save me a lot of money. I noticed no change in my service since changing to pure talk and hope everything continues to be as good as it today.

PureTalk response

Thank you for making the switch to PureTalk, Michael! We're so excited to hear that our support agent was able to assist you and that you're saving money on your monthly service bill. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

The switch was very easy and it was so nice to talk to a person who was helpful. Service has been error free. Extremely satisfied and have recommended PT to friends and family already. No regrets so far and don't expect any.

PureTalk response

Hello, James! We are so glad to hear that the switch to PureTalk was easy and that our Customer Service team was so helpful! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I have been surprisingly pleased with my switch from VZW to PureTalk. Somehow I have managed to receive an increase in signal strength in most locations. It seems like the data transmission is a bit slower, but that is a small price to pay, and I rarely am out using the service so it's no big deal. I do get nearly instantaneous text and email alerts, so perhaps I'm only perceiving a slower 4G data speed (iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS beta). The price is insanely less, though I did give up my Apple Watch cellular service- which was nice to have, especially when I forgot my phone. However, that is a small price to pay (literally), as our monthly went down from $125 to $45. That more than justifies the loss of the GPS on the watch. Again, I get signal on PureTalk in places where I did not with VZW, and I always thought V was the top of the crop.

PureTalk response

Hi, Kurt! We're excited to hear about your savings on your monthly service bill by making the switch to PureTalk! We're always working to add new services that make it easier to be a PureTalk customer and hope to support Apple Watches in the future. Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I have ZERO complaints with Puretalk's service. I haven't noticed anything from slower internet, lack of service, dropped calls, nothing different than my previous carrier. The only difference is I'm saving 100 dollars a month since switching to Puretalk, for the same reliable service (& more monthly data). The ONLY negative I have is it wasn't the easiest thing to switch over to Puretalk. I'm pretty tech-handy, & the customer service is awesome, but I did have to call 4 times when I was switching carriers. I have recommended it to my parents, but there is NO WAY they would be able to figure out switching carriers without my assistance. If there was a way to simplify this process, I think it would help tremendously. Luckily customer service was very prompt & helpful. Lastly I love how Puretalk's values align with mine! Why give your $$ to a company that hates what you stand for? Keep up the great work Puretalk!

PureTalk response

Wow, Craig! We're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and saving $100 each month on your bill! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Well, LOVE the price! Phone calls are clear, but the data-side of the experience is a little frustrating at times. On my wife's phone (newer iPhone 8), she often gets the message that the internet is not available. On my iPhone (SE 2nd gen), the data is sometimes painfully slow to load. Other than that, we are pleased. It is saving us almost $150 dollars a month...

PureTalk response

Hi, Will! Saving almost $150 each month on your cell phone bill is amazing! Slow data speeds can be incredibly frustrating, we would like to provide some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this matter. A private message will be sent shortly to gather additional information. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

First, was never told that my phone was not compatible with Pure Talk when I signed up! Only found out when the SIM card came and my phone wouldn't work! Second, was having problems with the phone that I bought a Samsung, the phone will not stay connected to the network! After numerous calls regarding the problem I told him I needed a new phone. I was told a new phone was ordered and after a week having that received it I called back I was told a phone was never ordered!

PureTalk response

Hello, Chris! We're displeased to hear about the device issues you have experienced thus far, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. After reviewing your account, we confirm a replacement SIM card has been delivered to your address on file as of 12/23/2022. The new SIM card may be activated by calling into our Customer Service department at 1-877-820-7873. We may also be reached via email at info@puretalkusa.com and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for a live chat.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

Truly I am grateful for the reasonable monthly bills. But adjusting to PureTalk is like previously having a luxury model to having the most inexpensive model. It was an adjustment that my budget dictated. At first I could only do searches when I had Internet connection. Currently that is not an issue. Having had another provider that was about 3 to 4 times more expensive but with many options, I have had to adjust to a “just the essentials.” One example is the luxury of instant voicemail (just like instant texts) without having to go through several steps to get to a voicemail. That seems like an outdated way to access voicemails. There is no immediate identification of the number or name of those leaving a voicemail.

When I was transitioning between my former provider and PureTalk, it took three days. I basically didn’t have a phone or contact with family and friends. That was not easy. I was told service would be available within 24 hours—not so. I was able to keep my phone number for which I was most grateful. I am not going to leave PureTalk, but I cannot recommend it as being a smooth transition.

PureTalk response

Hi, Mary Ann! We regret to hear about your experience with PureTalk, we'd like to improve your service! Not receiving voicemail notifications can be frustrating, and we are working to ensure the visual voicemail feature is available on all devices. We offer the visual voicemail feature and can guarantee functionality on iPhone models 6s and above. At this time, we are unable to guarantee visual voicemail functionality on Android devices. We have enabled visual voicemail on your line of service, please restart your device and test the visual voicemail functionality. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

They use bait and switch on their phones. The price listed as “your price” jumps up several hundred dollars once you select a phone to purchase. When you are logged in to your account the price should be accurate. Why do new customers receive a lower price than customers who have been with this company for several years?

PureTalk response

Hello, David! We regret to hear that you are displeased with our device pricing. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have been caused. In order to receive our up to $250 off device promotion, you must be activating a new line of service and porting in your current phone number, qualify to finance the device, remain on either the $65 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data + 25GB hotspot, $55 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data + 15GB hotspot, OR $45.00 Unlimited Talk & Text plan with 20 GB of data for the entirety of the 30-month conditional sales agreement, remain on AutoPay and service must be activated within 30 days. At this time, the device discount is available for new customers, or current customers adding a new line of service. Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We are awaiting your reply!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

So far the service has been better than expected. I love it and have recommended to everyone I know! My favorite part was having enough payment credits to not have an official bill until after 3 months of usage. Best promotion ever!

PureTalk response

Hello, Ashley! We're so excited to hear that you're enjoying your PureTalk service and that you're taking advantage of our referral program! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I Spend lots of time in Denver, NC and my service is poor. I’m very succinct in my writing so let me expand. When I’m in Denver my page loading is nonexistent or very slow. My last carrier was T-mobile.

PureTalk response

Hi, Randy! We're disappointed in hearing about the service issues you are experiencing, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused! While service signal may be affected by terrain or local structures, let's try some troubleshooting steps below. Please let us know if your service when away from Wi-Fi improves!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Not happy with PureTalk. I'm in a dead zone and my connection sometimes works and sometimes I get disconnected, call C/S is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get someone helpful and then again someone couldn't care less about your problem. So you deal w/ the service you have.

PureTalk response

Oh no, Ciro! We're so sorry to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our sincere apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Outdoor coverage may vary from indoor coverage and may be impacted by local terrain and structures. For optimal service, please ensure your device is using the latest software updates by connecting to Wi-Fi and going to Settings > Software update. We're committed to resolving your issue and an agent will be reaching out to you shortly to provide further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

My cellphone reception has not improved with PureTalk as I hoped, however it works well enough that I am staying with you in hopes it will get better and because I don't like how Verizon has gotten into politics. I typically have 1-2 bars in my home which is a definite step down. Everything requiring data seems to move slower on my phone. But it does work.

PureTalk response

Hello, Justin! We're displeased to hear that you are receiving poor signal in your home. While signal may be affected by terrain or local structures, we would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further and see if we can improve your service connection! A private message will be sent to gather additional information, to ensure proper troubleshooting steps are taken. We look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

No change in service, great customer service, easy to switch over, and saving a LOT of money!! My bill was lowered $150.00! With prices of everything going up it’s nice to have one service cost go down! I highly recommend Pure Talk!!

PureTalk response

Wow, Tammy! A savings of $150 on your monthly cell phone bill is substantial! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

We were sort of "led down the garden path" as we were not informed that our phones (at the time) would not work. Then when I tried to buy new phones from you, we couldn't get the special deal that was available before we signed up. Your long distance system (calling to France) doesn't work. Worth a damn.

PureTalk response

Oh no, Wallace! We're so sorry to hear that you were not informed about device compatibility and that you are experiencing issues with international calling. Please accept our sincere apologies for any miscommunication on our behalf and for the inconvenience this has caused you. Devices must be 4G or higher, VoLTE capable, utilize GSM network, and fully unlocked to be compatible with PureTalk service. To receive the device discount, you must be activating a new line of service, port in your current phone number, qualify to finance, select and remain on the $65 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data +25GB Hotspot plan, $55 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data +15GB Hotspot plan, or $45 Unlimited Talk & Text + 20GB Data plan for the entirety of the 30-month conditional sales agreement, remain on AutoPay and service must be activated within 30 days. To make an international call, you will need to purchase a $10 calling PIN through our Customer Service department. Then you may dial 011-country code-area/city code-number. If you are unable to dial the international number directly, you may dial 770-818-3792 or 770-818-3790 and follow the prompts. If you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Unable to adjust the length of ring time before call goes to voicemail. Was told the ring time was set for my phone and it cannot be changed. Phone rings for about 15-seconds before going to voicemail. Used to be able to adjust ring time, but told that is now longer possible. AT&T will change ring time, but only by request. This feature should be controlled by the customer, not by random decision.

PureTalk response

Hello, Brendan! We regret to hear that you're experiencing issues with the ring time on your device! Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. At this time, we automatically set the ring time to the maximum setting. We recommend choosing a shorter ringtone, as this will allow for more rings during the time allotted. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

PureTalk Company Information