3.2/5 (1878 ratings)

About Pure Talk

Pure Talk offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with Pure Talk, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pros

• Affordable plans
  • No hidden fees
  • Ideal for seniors
  • Reliable coverage

Cons

• Service lags once data caps
  • Does not operate its own network

Bottom Line

Pure Talk provides cellphone coverage at an affordable price and a variety of discounts. The company offers and services designed for older adults with no hidden fees.

Pure Talk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Our phones are always getting kicked off of wifi when we're home so it uses up too much data. We didn't realize that you were going to be using AT&T towers which don't work well in our area. And the phones require too many apps to function.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Sharon! We regret to hear of the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. Regarding your signal issues, coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > Software Update to ensure your device is utilizing the newest update available. Once this has been completed, you may go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings to reset the network settings, this ensures your device is properly connected to our network. Listed below is a link to our website with instructions if you would like to reset the APN settings yourself. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 31, 2022

My first couple of weeks on the network were great. Speed and network availability were great. Now my mobile data is hit or miss. Sometimes speed is fine others I get nothing even with full bars. I’ve tried rebooting my phone but to no avail. My wife has the same experience on her phone.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Matthew! We regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with accessing your data. Your device's network settings may need to be reset. Listed below is a link to our website with instructions if you would like to reset them yourself. An agent will be reaching out to you shortly to provide further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Unlike with Verizon, from which I switched to PureTalk, my internet search has not been curtailed due to data limits, the price is affordable, and best of all, when I call customer service, I get to speak to a person in the USA, who speaks English as a first language.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Lyn! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I had doubts when switching over to PureTalk. However, the awesome customer service made the transition easy and understandable. The coverage has been great as well! We are glad we switched over to PureTalk. I enjoy seeing the words PureTalk on my desktop every time I use my phone.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Jon! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 30, 2022

When we first received our SIM cards, they would not work in our phones. We called customer service and spent a total of 12 hours on the phone during 4 different calls, and waited for 6 different SIM cards before we finally were able to get our service working. The process took about 2 weeks and we had to buy a disposable phone for communication during the process. The experience was not the quick and easy process as is advertised. The phone service has been good since then, and the cost is less than half what we paid at AT&T.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Charles! We regret to hear about your experience when activating your service. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are pleased to hear that otherwise, you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 30, 2022

PureTalk has been a great addition to our family. It is our son's first phone. Here soon me and my husband are planning to move into the same direction. Talking to our son on his phone is very clear, no static and not once has he had a dropped call. We are just thrilled with PureTalk.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Grace! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: July 30, 2022

You sent me an email asking for my feedback on my experience with Pure Talk USA. It has been hit and miss since first signing up. Yes, you are in the USA. Yes, you answer the phone when I call - eventually... No, not every tech who answers the call has the right answers to my questions, which are usually why is my phone not connecting, or why is my wife or mother's phone not connecting, and it eventually goes to an actual tech who can answer the question. That answer is to completely reset all settings on my phone to stay connected to Pure Talk USA, a reseller of AT&T. AT&T sucks to be honest. They have the worst customer service, and their signal strength where I live is beyond terrible.

I came to you for a service based on a reference from AMAC. I was told my bill would be less than anyone else. Turns out it is actually a little higher than the service I did have with a reseller of Verizon. Verizon has a weak signal where I live, but it is better than AT&T. I am not sure how long we will continue to use Pure Talk, as this issue with our phones being dropped off the network from time to time is beyond frustrating, and it is the only time I have ever experienced this with any cell phone service I have ever had. Oh, and the email sent has choices for how well you are doing, but the links do not work. Really? You ask me how you are doing, and the email does not link to the choice you set in the email? Not a good way to ask for feedback in my mind, and the reason why I spent time to respond negatively. Good day.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Michael! We regret to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience as this is our top priority. We would appreciate an opportunity to look into this matter further. An agent will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you for your feedback as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I'm overall happy with our switch from ATT to Pure Talk. Price is better. Pretty good customer service. But signal strength and coverage is not quite as reliable as what we had before, particularly in Jacksonville FL where my son is located and using his phone.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Janine! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Our Customer Service department is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Regarding coverage, outdoor coverage may vary from indoor coverage and may be impacted by local terrain and structures. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Voicemail not available or not working. Multiple voicemails acknowledged by others never captured. Not happy with reception at my own residence in a metropolitan area. Main complaint is about voicemail. Considering going to another company.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Kim! While we offer the visual voicemail feature, we can only guarantee functionality on iPhone models 6s and above. At this time, we are unable to guarantee visual voicemail functionality on Android devices. Our Tech Support team has enabled visual voicemail on your line of service, please restart your device and test the visual voicemail functionality. Coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is on the latest iOS. Next, reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. For your convenience, these steps are also listed on our website, https://www.puretalkusa.com/data. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Several places I drive through daily has no or very poor phone service. One area is a 5 miles stretch. The AT&T service is just terrible compared to Verizon in my area. I don't know what to say. I was thinking of switching back to a provider that uses Verizon towers.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Stephen! We regret to hear of the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. Regarding your signal issues, coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > Software Update to ensure your device is utilizing the newest update available. Once this has been completed, you may go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings to reset the network settings, this ensures your device is properly connected to our network. Listed below is a link to our website with instructions if you would like to reset the APN settings yourself. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I understood 4g and LTE to include most data for when my 5 g data runs out. That is how it was at Boost. But here when my 5 g runs out I don’t get my mail or text or I messages and can’t use any apps. How slow are you slowing the data down and will it always be this way?

Pure Talk response

Hello, Elizabeth! Our $65 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data plan includes 60GB of high-speed data, unlimited low-speed data, and 25GB of mobile hotspot. Once the high-speed data has been utilized, your device will automatically begin using low-speed data, which is about 256kbps. The high-speed data will be refilled on your next billing date, provided billing is successful. If additional high-speed data is needed, you may purchase top-up data by going online to www.puretalkusa.com and logging into your Account Portal. Once you have logged in, you may select the 'Add-ons' tab, then follow the prompts to complete your cellular data purchase. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Purchased Puretalk because old phone was being upgraded and was more expensive. Phone arrived with minimum enrollment directions and when requesting operating instructions I was informed that there were none. Not being familiar with this phone, I am forced to seek aid from friends and relatives. Is it possible to return phone and find an easier phone?

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Ted! User manuals are not typically included with devices, this is done to reduce the manufacturer's carbon footprint. A manual for your Samsung Galaxy A32 may be found at the link below. Each device purchased from PureTalk may be returned within 14 days from the delivery date. As your device was delivered to you on 04/27/2022, it is not eligible for return. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may be caused. A new device may be purchased by going online to www.puretalkusa.com and logging into your Account Portal. Once you have logged in, select the 'Replacements' tab and your phone number from the drop-down menu, then follow the prompts to complete your purchase. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: July 28, 2022

I want to congratulate your company on the best communication experience I’ve had with a company while contacting customer service. I would like to bring to your attention a major frustration and difficulty while switching providers. Please feel free to contact me to discuss. Thank you.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Kelly! We are pleased to hear that you have received excellent customer service, as this is a top priority. Regarding your activation frustration, we will be sending you a private message to gather additional information. We will be awaiting your reply. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

We tried for two weeks trying to get service to help set up phone service. No luck. Always got someone to sell something. Finally got a very nice saleslady, who really tried. Could not do it. Never got a return call from service. Had to have a phone. Went to Verizon. Within minutes had service.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Ray! We regret to hear of the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our apologies if you have received anything other than optimal customer service, as this is our top priority. We hope that you may give PureTalk a try again in the future, if we can better suit your wireless needs. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I’m happy with the service, my only complaint is the way the voicemail works. I don’t like having to call it and put in a password. I prefer the way it was with other carrier, click on voicemail icon and it shows message transcribed or by pressing the arrow to listen.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Charla! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Regarding the visual voicemail feature, we can guarantee functionality on iPhone models 6s and above. At this time, we are unable to guarantee visual voicemail functionality on Android devices. Our Tech Support team has enabled visual voicemail on each line of service, please restart your devices and test the visual voicemail functionality.

Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for choosing PureTalk!

Original review: July 28, 2022

My phone connection is often dropped and people cannot hear me when we are connected. I have since switched my phone settings to wi-fi calling in order to stop that from happening as often. And to try and navigate through the company’s tech support is a nightmare.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Diane! We regret to hear that you are experiencing service issues within your area and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you may have been caused. Coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is on the latest iOS. Next, reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. For your convenience, these steps are also listed on our website, https://www.puretalkusa.com/data. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I love my service with PureTalkUSA. My experience was a very easy switch, kept same number, cut my previous bill in half and gained more data! I had one question about Network settings, called and tech support talked me right through it within 5 minutes. I am receiving very few spam calls compared to previous carrier, phone feels cleaner, safer, I also use Duck Duck Go.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Fran! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 27, 2022

VERY poor reception at our house. Almost not usable, data is mostly nonexistent, phone is extremely spotty at best. Pure Talk must not use US Cellular towers, that is about the only thing that works where we live. Is there anything you can do to improve the signal? If not we will have to make a change.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Too many dropped calls. Unable to make a call or send a text after a dropped call without turning phone off and then back on - often more than once. Weren't receiving all text messages sent to our phones. Very spotty coverage and weak signal all over southwest Iowa. But on the bright side, when I switched carriers the US cellular rep said Pure Talk was the easiest company he'd switched from. But he'd never heard of Pure Talk.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I usually only get two bars at our residence. When I get a few miles drone home, the number of bars goes up significantly. However. I have never been without service. We have two lines. Including all fees and tax, our monthly bill went from $100 to $40.

Pure Talk response

Hello, William! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service, and that your monthly bill has decreased! Coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your iPhones connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is using the latest iOS. Next, reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. For your convenience, these steps are also listed on our website, https://www.puretalkusa.com/data. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Service is pretty good. We experience drop-outs on calls from time to time, and sometimes we have to wait for Internet to work, and it would be very well to get that resolved. If you resolve these issues we would go to the "Very Happy" category.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Matthew! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. With your iPhones connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is using the latest iOS. Next, reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings. For your convenience, these steps are also listed on our website, https://www.puretalkusa.com/data. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 26, 2022

I went to Pure Talk because the price and it was American based. I needed to replace a phone. I ordered through pure talk. The phone was junk. I muscled through because I do very little on my phone. Then that phone died. I ordered a replacement again through pure talk- price, american based, and so on. I paid for overnight shipping on July 21st. Today is July 26. I took a day off work to wait for phone because signature required and no phone. Tracfone here I come. Do business with pure talk at your own risk. God bless.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Kerry! We regret to hear about the experience you have had with Pure Talk thus far and will be sending you a private message regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My wife and I switched from AT&T to PureTalk about 3 months ago and have been very pleased with the service. This past weekend we were traveling to a familiar place to do some hiking and our past service provider had no service in that area. We never had an issue with the Pure Talk service.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Allen! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Difficult to access email messages so I don't get them and Pure Talk is my only source of cell calls/messages and I would appreciate easier access to the VMs and would appreciate help or making the process easier. I like your service much better than ATT so making it easier would be a big benefit for me.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Jack! Our Technical Support department has added the visual voicemail feature to your device so that you may now view your voice messages. Please restart your device and access your voicemail by selecting the Phone app > Voicemail tab. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I am very happy having switched to Pure Talk for my mobile provider. The switch was simple, fast, and I am getting great cell reception. The low cost plan provides everything I need, and provides multiple times the data than my previous plan at a similar price range. More data, same cost. I highly recommend Pure Talk for mobile service.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Matthew! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral program that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My phone won't ring the majority of the time and half the notifications do not work properly.. I have had full bars of 5G and was unable to process mobile payments from my phone because it said no data or network unavailable.. I have not been impressed at all.. I went from paying 45 a month to paying 60 or 65 dollars a month and it's not reliable. I am very displeased with my service so far.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Guy! We regret to hear of the experience you have had with PureTalk thus far, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been caused. Regarding your signal issues, coverage may be affected by terrain or local structures. Please go to Settings > Software Update to ensure your device is utilizing the newest update available. Please be aware, your device must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to complete the update. Once this has been completed, you may go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings to reset the network settings. This ensures that your device is properly connected to our network. Listed below is a link to our website with instructions if you would like to reset the APN settings yourself. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

The monthly cost is good on our fixed income. The reception is good. The 2GB data monthly works for us too. Places where I had tower problems I no longer have these problems. People I talk to says they can hear me better too. My husband has the same experience too.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Tonia! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral program that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Originally, I wanted a new phone with unlimited data and a good amount of hotspot data. Soon, I heard about this service from the Ben Shapiro Show. Yes, I did get my 1st month half-off and a significant discount on my phone as well; as long I have the service for a good amount of time to pay off the phone. I didn't mind knowing that my time with phones last almost three years.

The service itself is quite good when away from large crowds; not a problem for me either since I'm at home a lot of the time. Plus, the PureTalk service has a large service area that rides on the AT&T network. Also, the phone I purchased is the nicest phone I've ever owned and works very well. Still, I am figuring out the full capabilities of this device; I am pleasantly pleased.

This is service offers a great deal to enjoy, but it does takes some searching out to figure out. Again, I was wanting something simple with many benefits. This service offers something good for everyone; I found something good for my lifestyle. This is my honest review. I like this service and its products.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Adrian! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral program that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: July 25, 2022

PureTalk persons were professional and easy to talk to. They listened. They walked me through the entire process and completed their end flawlessly. Cutting the cord from the other carrier was another story. They still owe me money. Glad I changed. Pure Talk delivered what they promised. End of story.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Jeffrey! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I like the price and the service is excellent after a couple rough starts regarding international connections. Since then I have had no issues and the coverage is good. Glad I left Verizon. Been using the service since April.

Pure Talk response

Hello, Dave! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great prices we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We will send you a private message with the link to our referral program so that you know how it works! Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated.

Pure Talk Company Information