3.4/5 (1728 ratings)

About PureTalk

PureTalk offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with PureTalk, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pros

• Affordable plans
  • No hidden fees
  • Ideal for seniors
  • Reliable coverage

Cons

• Service lags once data caps
  • Does not operate its own network

Bottom Line

Pure Talk provides cellphone coverage at an affordable price and a variety of discounts. The company offers and services designed for older adults with no hidden fees.

PureTalk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PureTalk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PureTalk?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

PureTalk service generally provides a strong signal. I've been too busy to set up the iPhone, and perhaps this next topic will be clearer when I do. So far I have to call my number to find out if there are any new messages, unlike printed messages which are indicated on the start screen when received.

PureTalk response

Hello, Frank! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! We do offer visual voicemail for iPhone models 6s and newer. This feature allows users to view their voicemails and receive notifications. We have enabled visual voicemail for your line. Please restart your device and this feature should be available to you. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

This program is just like T-Mobile. No service in many areas of my own small home and in one conversation last Friday I must have been dropped 8 times. I start each conversation with "call me back if you lose me."

PureTalk response

Hello, Rebecca! Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service issues you have experienced, and for the inconvenience you have been caused. Please navigate to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update > Check for update, if one is available please download and install. Once this has been completed, go back to Settings > SIM Cards > tap SIM 1 > tap the switch beside Enhanced 4G LTE Mode to ensure VoLTE is enabled. Listed below is a link to our website with instructions to reset your device's APN settings, if you would like to reset them yourself. Please keep us posted on the results! Thank you for your feedback, it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I am in love with my Puretalk service. The reps are always so pleasant. Today I spoke with Arneisha to reset my voicemail. She moved so quickly but accurately. She knew what she was doing. I didn’t have to sit on the phone all day long. She also turned on my visual voicemail. That way I don’t have to call my voicemail each time. Arneisha was great! I highly recommend using puretalk. Cost saving and all the reps are nice and knowledgeable. Thanks Arnesiha. Thanks puretalk.

PureTalk response

Hi, Colleen! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with Arneisha, and how quickly she was able to resolve your voicemail issue. Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I switched one of my numbers to PureTalk because of Mark Levin's radio ad. If it weren't for Levin, I would not have switched. The ad promo at the time was Get the 2nd month of service free by mentioning Levin Podcast. I called two times for this issue alone. First time I was told "for some reason I can't explain, it takes another month", next month it didn't happen either. I demanded to talk to a supervisor and was told s/he will call me back in 24-48 hrs. It never happened. At this point I am very close to switching back to my old company.

PureTalk response

Oh no, Eugen! We are disappointed to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far. Please accept our sincere apologies if you received anything other than an optimal customer service experience, as this is our top priority. We have reviewed your account and can confirm the free month of service credit was applied on 10/21/22 and used on your next billing date 11/20/22. A member of leadership attempted to contact you regarding this matter on 10/21/22 at 7 PM EST, however, they were unable to reach you or leave a voicemail. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please let us know. Our Support Team is available by email at info@puretalkusa.com, and on social media sites Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for live chat. You may also contact our Customer Service department by dialing 1-877-820-7873 for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Generally happy with the service. Our reception and signal where we live in Durango, Colorado is the same as we had with Verizon which isn't that great but we're paying half the amount per month. My biggest complaint is the voicemail. It's like going back 20 years. The voicemails do not come into our phones and we get no alert that we have a voicemail.

PureTalk response

Hello, Eric! While we are excited to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service, we are disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with your voicemail feature. However, we have great news! We offer visual voicemail for iPhone models 6s and newer. We have enabled this feature for your lines. Please restart your devices and access your voicemail by going to the Phone app > Voicemail tab. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Love PureTalk overall; however, detailed call logs are necessary for this to be a good option for us. We would like to replace Verizon and one feature Verizon's billing has is details about every call. We use this information to complete our billing every month.

PureTalk response

Hi there, Becky! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your PureTalk service. You may view your call logs through your account portal online at www.puretalkusa.com/account/login. Once you have signed in, select the "Plan" tab and choose your line from the drop-down menu. At this time, the call log is not included on the monthly invoices. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Call Samsung which referred me to you as our service provider. Informed Samsung that this used to be a simple control feature on earlier phones. Since we are usually unable to get to our incoming calls before they go to voicemail, and then make a return call, contacted Samsung since we have Galaxy phones and then contacted Pure Talk support. Folks were very pleasant at Pure Talk but the MMI codes given to us have not worked to extend our incoming ring time from about 15 seconds to maximum of 30 seconds.

PureTalk response

Hello, Anthony! We regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with the ring time on your devices, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused. At this time, we automatically set the ring time to the maximum setting. We recommend choosing a shorter ringtone, as this will allow for more rings during the time allotted. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Great experience & excellent customer service. Have told many people about my experience with Pure Talk. No difference in network, or service between you & my previous provider Verizon. Best move I made & am saving $100 a month. Keep up the good work.

PureTalk response

Wow, Gina! We are thrilled to hear about your huge savings each month! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Everyone should know about PureTalk, You all provide excellent service and your customer service people are very polite, professional and easy to understand. I hope your company has continued success in the months and years ahead. Everything is great. Great service every day. Thank you

PureTalk response

Hi, Gary! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide, as we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

We love the low rates AND performance of our Pure Talk services! We were lured away by another company for a short while, but calls were dropped, messages didn’t go through, and they cost more than they said they would. We came straight back to Pure Talk. They’re the best by far!

PureTalk response

Hi, Lisa! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and taking advantage of our low monthly rates! Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I am very pleased with the service that PureTalk has provided. The coverage, service and billing are exactly as advertised and agreed to. Thank you very much for asking that question. Feel free to ask more.

PureTalk response

Hi, David! We are delighted to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I’ve been very pleased so far with this service and it's much better than what I had that worked for a period of time then changed. 3G at the time was good for our area and when the upgrade to 4G was marginal and 5G horrible. More time will tell but cautiously optimistic! Thanks for living up to your sell!

PureTalk response

Thank you for making the switch to PureTalk, Vicki! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Excellent service so far no complaints at this time. I will recommend your service to all my friends and family. I left AT&T because they were too expensive for the service I received. I’m very impressed for the same service at much less price. A lot of people I talk to never heard of Pure Talk.

PureTalk response

Hi, Jeff! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service and that you are saving money by making the switch! Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

We have been very pleased with our move to Pure Talk! Not only have we saved money each month, the technical staff has been very accommodating and efficient. When we had to work out a few glitches in the transfer, the staff made sure all issues were resolved.

PureTalk response

Hi, Gloria! We are so excited to hear that you are saving money and that you've received such excellent service from our Technical Support team! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide. Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

The customer service is great. The cell service is good, but connectivity can be slow or lacking. This is to be expected for this type of cell service but be aware that your calls may not connect the first time.

PureTalk response

Hello, David! We are pleased to hear that you have received great customer service! Regarding the signal issues, we are happy to assist you. Listed below are some troubleshooting steps, let's see if we can improve your service connection! Signal strength may be affected by terrain or local structures, though these troubleshooting steps may assist in increasing signal at your home.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

We switched from Verizon to Pure Talk to save money and cut our bill in half with more data as a plus. The service we have received in southern Mississippi and as we travel has been excellent also. We can enthusiastically recommend Pure Talk phone service.

PureTalk response

Wow, Mark! We are excited to hear that you are saving so much on your monthly service bill since switching to PureTalk! Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Went through data real fast this month. Doesn’t make sense because I haven’t had any more use than previous months, don’t understand why this so much more data was used. Can’t see any difference in my usage.

PureTalk response

Hello, Seth! You may check your data usage through your account portal online at www.puretalkusa.com/account/login. Once you have signed in, select the "Plan" tab. Please note, you can also purchase a data add-on for your plan for $10 for 2GB by selecting "Add Data". For more detailed usage, you may go to the Settings menu on your device > Cellular > Mobile Data. This will show you which apps are utilizing data. To help reduce data usage, we recommend utilizing Wi-Fi when available, toggling mobile data off when not in use, restricting background app usage and downloads, disabling Wi-Fi assist, and enabling Low Data Mode. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I have trouble loading simple directions or sending imessages even with good signal. Yet I do struggle with finding good signal, even when in populated cities the signal is constantly poor or good back and forth. My wife refuses to come to my plan after seeing my service. I will be looking to swap back to Verizon the financial savings of Pure Talk are not worth the service received.

PureTalk response

Oh no, Austin! We are disappointed to hear that you are experiencing issues with signal strength. Outdoor coverage may vary from indoor coverage and may be impacted by local terrain and structures. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We are committed to resolving your issue and an agent will be reaching out to you shortly to provide further assistance. In the meantime, let's see if we can improve your service! Please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS. Then reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings, this will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Once this has been completed, restart your device and test your service, then let us know how it improved. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Whenever I called for help getting started with Pure Talk, it was encouraging to me to have people who were patient, courteous, and knowledgeable at Customer Service. Thank you very much. I know if I need help again, I can count on you and have no qualms about recommending you to others.

PureTalk response

This is what we love to hear, Marilyn! We are so thrilled to hear that you received such an amazing customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Everything went quite smoothly and accurately. Agents were helpful and communicated well. Received my phone within the timeline. It was very well packaged and had good instructions on how to proceed to initiate service. It also contain packaging and instructions for the phone I was trading in. And I got my trade in payment as discussed and timely. No problems so far.

PureTalk response

Wow, Susan! We are so excited to hear about how smooth and seamless the transition to PureTalk has been for you! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide. Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

It’s simple and inexpensive. When I call with a question I talk to a person whose first language is English and we understand each other. I’m getting what I pay for. Not a bunch of **. Thank you Pure Talk.

PureTalk response

Hi, Rebecca! Having a U.S. based Customer Service team is one of the many things we pride ourselves on! Be sure to let your friends and family know about the great value and service we provide. Did you know about our amazing referral program where you and your customer referral can both be credited toward your bill?! Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

So after I heard many, many ads about Pure Talk on Sean Hannity & on the Clay Travis/Buck Sexton shows, I figured this must be a really good deal. I had great mobile coverage before but the price was getting higher & higher. While the monthly cost is better, you definitely get what you pay for. I've made multiple service calls to tech support but I still have problems when known contacts call me, as soon as I answer, sitting in my own living room next to a window, the call drops. It's very frustrating and sometimes I try to make a call but can't get the call to go thru. I am concerned that sometime I'm going to need my cell service in an emergency and it won't be there for me. So I can't say my experience is best ever -- FAR FROM IT.

PureTalk response

Hello, Ruth! We are very disappointed to hear about your experience with PureTalk thus far, this is certainly not the experience we'd like for you to have. Listed below are some troubleshooting steps, let's see if we can improve your service connection! Signal strength may be affected by terrain or local structures, though these troubleshooting steps may assist in increasing signal at your home.

With your device connected to Wi-Fi, please go to Settings > Software Update to ensure your device is utilizing the newest update available. Once this has been completed, please go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings to reset the network settings. Then you may follow the link below to input, save, and select the Android APN settings. Please keep us posted on the results! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Phone service is good most of the time. Data is fair most of the time. Sometimes I have no data available. Wi-Fi is good but if I do not have it. Data does not work. Is there a way to have data without wi-fi? Why does it show I have 4 bars (for phone service) but I get no data.

PureTalk response

Hello, Ricky! Please accept our apologies for the data issues you are experiencing, and for the inconvenience you have been caused. Listed below are some troubleshooting steps, let's see if we can improve your service connection! Signal strength may be affected by terrain or local structures, though these troubleshooting steps may assist in increasing signal at your home. Please go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure your iPhone is utilizing the latest iOS. Then reset the network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset, and tap Reset Network Settings, this will ensure your device is properly connected to the PureTalk network. Once this has been completed, restart your device and test your service, then let us know how it improved. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Nice individuals helping with my change to PureTalk. So far the service is great. The cost is the best. I had to port 2 phones. It was easy with the support team since I am elderly and not so good at technology.

PureTalk response

Hi there, Jannette! This is what we love to hear! We are so thrilled to hear that our support team was able to guide you through switching service and provide an excellent customer service experience, as this is our top priority. Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

1) Calling Canada from US is very awkward using the system you have. Should be updated with direct dial.

2) Voicemail interface is ARCHAIC! I have to call to get messages- I want a screen with direct info about my voicemails - not a blank page that says "Call Voicemail". I want to visual record. Hate to say it, but VERIZON was way better- check their user interface and copy it for PURETALK.

PureTalk response

Hello, Theodore! We are disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with our international calling and voicemail features. We are always working to add new technologies that make it easier to be a PureTalk customer. However, we have some great news! We offer visual voicemail, which allows you to view their voice messages. We have enabled this feature for your lines. Please restart your devices and this feature should be available to you. Thank you for your feedback, as it always helps us improve the PureTalk experience.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I’ve working in the telecommunications industry for most of my career and worked for all the major telecommunications companies. From creating your account, the quality of the network, accuracy of billing, to the cost savings, I could not be happier. Switch to PureTalk and you’ll find out why I switched and stayed with PureTalk.

PureTalk response

Wow, Paul! We are so thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your PureTalk service! Did you know you could earn a $20 credit for referring family and friends? You may visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Love the service and the price. When calling customer service you always get a real person who is very helpful. Keep up the good work. Especially for seniors on a tight income. My new phone works great. I made the purchase through you.

PureTalk response

Wow, Patricia! You are speaking our language with your feedback! Saving money is so important, especially these days. Did you know about our easy referral program that can help you save even more? Please visit https://www.puretalkusa.com/customer-referral-program to learn more about our referral program. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Customer service is excellent. Value for money is also excellent. The cell coverage is also very good. The phone that I have from PureTalk is a letdown, however. It was sold to me as a high-quality phone (Nokia). However the user interface software will crash on occasion, often for over an hour before the phone comes back. This could have easily stranded me a couple times, because I was relying on the GPS on the phone to get to where I was going. Luckily I still have my Garmin in my car, so I switched to that during emergencies. The phone also lost access to the mobile data network once. PureTalk clearly knows that this can happen, and has a very clear guide on their web site on how to fix this problem. I was able to restore data access quickly and without calling PureTalk.

PureTalk response

Hello, Ian! We are excited to hear that you are saving money and that you've had a great experience with our Customer Service team! Regarding the device, please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you have experienced. The link below will direct you directly to Nokia's website, where you may discuss possible repair or replacement options, as each device purchased from PureTalk includes a one-year manufacturer's warranty. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Karen's phone number ending in **, was not connecting to service. Assistant helped provide information to make connections and calls. (Still no internet, further assistance may be necessary.) But your help was very friendly and helpful.

PureTalk response

Hi, Stephen! While we are so glad to hear that our Technical Support team was able to resolve the calling issue, please accept our sincerest apologies for the internet connection issue your wife is experiencing. We will be sending you a private message shortly to gather additional information, that way our Tech Support team can reach out to you directly for further troubleshooting assistance. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Great price. I still have issues making a phone call, I must power down my phone-reboot it. Weird, you have to call a number to retrieve voicemails. I do like that I spoke with an English speaking representative, when I have needed help. Sometimes, more than with my old carrier, I have internet issues. Either no service without WiFi, or very slow.

PureTalk response

Hello, Michelle! While we are excited to hear that you are taking advantage of our great prices, we are disappointed to hear that you are experiencing occasional issues with calls and accessing data. Let's see if we can improve your service! Please go to Settings > Software update to ensure your device is using the latest update. Then you may go to Settings > System or General Management > Reset options > Reset network settings. Next, go to www.puretalkusa.com/data and follow the instructions to update your APN settings. Once this has been completed, restart your device and test your service, then let us know how it improved. Please note, once you reach your allotted amount of high-speed data, the speed does throttle down to 256 kbps. You may view your data usage through your account portal online at www.puretalkusa.com/account/login. Thank you for your feedback, and for being a valued PureTalk customer! We truly appreciate your business!

PureTalk Company Information