1.44/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

645 NET10 Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've had Net10 for years and while it has been frustrating each time I've called and talked to these people in other countries just reading from a screen, this time was the worst. I ordered a new phone 2 weeks ago and received it about 5 days later as expected. It works but the screen is damaged (looks like there is too much pressure on the screen) so there are bright spots in the screen almost as if someone were shining a flashlight through those spots. I called a week ago to report it and was told they'd send me a new phone with instructions for sending back the old phone.

My box arrived today with a return envelope in it but no new phone. I called again, was transferred to management in shipping, who was another person reading from a screen and was told that the customer service rep before should've told me I had to send this one back first and that she could send me a prepaid label on the computer or shipped me one with an envelope in a box and that I had to use that to return my phone before they would ship me out a new one...that they would have inspect the phone and blah blah blah before they would send me a new one (meaning I go without a phone for 2 weeks and then still may not have one). This was not a phone I had used but one that I opened and was damaged right out of the box.

Very frustrating and very very poor customer service. I've been with them for about 10 years and this is my 5th phone with them. I wish other companies could compete with the price because their customer service is awful. They run off of Verizon's network which is great and everything is great unless you have a problem and actually need customer service. Then Net10 sucks!! If I could afford more, I would pay the money for good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Save the hassle and go with a different provider. The customer service is some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I bought the $35 plan and couldn't get it to work on my phone. I tried calling and asking for a refund only to be told that I couldn't get refunded because of the plan I bought. Very sneaky policies. More of a money grabbing scheme than a real company. BE CAREFUL.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I been using Net 10 for almost about 6 months and from the beginning, I have been on the 40.00 4gb plan. It had mobile hotspot on each phone. I transferred the sim too. Fast forward to 8/20/18 no mobile hotspot yet I have 2 and half gigs left. Was about to go out with the family. Both of my special needs children depend on my hotspot on my phone capabilities which are now disabled apparently. I contacted Net 10 to no avail. The customer service agents were dumb as **; the only way I could describe them. They told me that none of their phones offer hotspot?!! I said, "**. I've been using the mobile hotspot on my Samsung J3 for almost 5 or 6 months." So I guess they're trying to call me a liar. Fast forward to today 8/23/18 I'm trying to switch companies. Now they're trying to keep my number with them. What a ** ignorant rip off company. Stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

When I told him they shouldn’t have false statements with no recovery option for a refund, that THAT was illegal. He said nothing. I said, "Could you at least let me send this nonworking prepay card back to you or deactivate on your end so I can get a partial refund" (and 4 hrs wasted he can’t give me back!). He said “no”. I said “I’m going to have to write a review you know”. He said “ok.” I said “I’m sure the owners won’t be pleased with this call.” He said “ok, have a nice day and hung up!”

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I used to purchase these cards at local stores, because Walmart stores, where I initially purchased the Net10 (LG) phone, are illegal in my city, for some reason. This month, I do not see the cards on display at the local CVS, Ralphs, Safeway, or Vons; I do not see an empty place for sold-out condition. The Net10 website however, still lists those same stores as carrying the Net10 products (minutes cards). What does the "unlimited" part truly mean, if one cannot get the product - anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: July 30, 2018

First, the good. Net10 is a reseller of service on the major carrier networks. They are one of the very few sites that actually does 'bring your own device' well; their SIM cards are cheap and almost every phone is supported one way or another. In most cases, transferring a number to their service is smooth and easy. Prices are reasonable, coverage in my area was excellent and for the most part the service was good.

The bad: Their website will be online but unable to accept logins for hours at a time. Their uptime stats surely look great, but what good is a site you can't use? It took me three days of trying at various times of day to successfully log into the site so I could transfer my number. The first time I tried to set up service with them, a website error caused my card to be charged three times. It took a couple of days to get the charges reversed. (Note: this was not an authorization, this was an actual charge.)

The ugly: Customer support is utterly powerless. Every word of every interaction is 100% scripted. There are two levels: the person that answers the phone and their supervisor. That's it. If the supervisor does not have a script to solve your problem then your problem does not get solved. My complaint: When my phone number was transferred to Net10, the agent entered the wrong zip code for that line. I didn't catch this at first because I had an old phone with a Verizon SIM and everything worked. I got a new phone with AT&T support, ordered a new SIM and tried to activate. Enter the twilight zone.

The zip code entered by the agent was in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska. (I live on the East Coast and have an area code that is appropriate for my zip code.) In this middle-of-nowhere zip code the only available carrier is Verizon. Because AT&T does not provide service in this wrongly-entered zip code, Net10 refused to activate my new phone with my AT&T compatible SIM. I have two other lines with Net10 (all living in the same house) using AT&T compatible SIMs; they work just fine.

Thinking this would be an easy fix, I began my two-week odyssey of attempting to correct this data entry mistake. Unsuccessfully. Every single agent and supervisor I spoke to or chatted with online gave me the exact same word for word scripted response: "We can change your zip code, but you will be given a new phone number. It is not possible to change your zip code without changing your phone number." I spent a cumulative total of about eight hours on the phone with support. I tried weekdays, weekends, mornings, evenings, hoping against hope that someone in their faceless drone-mill of a support facility might have a clue. Alas, it was not to be.

I was able to clarify with one supervisor that this restriction is baked into their customer management software. There is no rule, regulation or law that prevented them from fixing this problem other than their own internal software system's idiot-proofing. Every single supervisor told me that there was nobody above them and definitely nobody that could fix a database field without also forcing me to get a new number. Heaven help them if their system is ever corrupted or hit by a virus because apparently there is not a soul in their department that could fix the resulting mess. Long story short, Net10 is a gamble. If everything goes perfectly then you will probably be happy with their service. If anything ever goes wrong or gets the least bit complicated, start looking for another provider.

Original review: July 14, 2018

The NET10 folks have blocked my ability to login. I had over 4700 minutes. They have now said that my phone is no longer part of their network. I have days left. To save my number, I have had to move to a new wireless service. As a result I have lost all my minutes. Nobody in customer service knows how to solve this problem.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Net10 solicited a review from me so I provided an honest review based on my experience with them. See their answer and the review below. "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Thanks again, NET10Wireless."

MY REVIEW: Terrible Customer Service. I purchased the Net10 Sim Card and plan over the internet. I received an email indicating my purchase and that I would receive an email once shipped. I never received that email and within a couple of hours after purchase the charge had gone through my credit card. I decided to cancel my order, so I called. After explaining what happened to the customer service representative, repeatedly I might add, I was told it had already been processed and I would just need to refuse shipment and once returned I would receive my refund. I tracked the return and called Net10 two days later to ask where my refund was.

They indicated it would take 30 days before I would see it. I asked why they could charge my account within two hours after ordering it, but it would take them 30 days to receive my refund after they had received my return. I would not recommend Net10 because of this policy and the customer service is terrible. I just hope I see my refund, in a month.

Original review: June 17, 2018

It is a pay as you go service. And I usually purchase the service every other month. It has worked flawlessly all over the USA.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Net10 has decent phone service at a good price. I'm on bring your own phone plan with auto pay. I receive 8 gigs high speed data for $50.03 with taxes. Can't match it let alone beat it. Because they subcontract through other carriers, some options are unavailable e.g. I cannot hotspot. The biggest downside is when I must interact with customer service. I have been a customer for about 13 years, and the customer service literally stinks. Reps are under trained, uninformed, incompetent, and as an English speaking person, the accents of most reps make it hard to understand. I recently installed their mobile app in hopes of eliminating the need to interact with customer support, but after a week of trying, they can't even get the data usage set properly. Poorest customer service I have ever dealt with. PERIOD! If they would improve that, they would make a lot more money.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I will never use Net 10 again. Lousy network. Lousy customer service. Trying to activate new phone. After almost 2 hours on the phone, the rep asked what my name was. That was the last straw. Whatever you do, don't use Net 10.

Original review: May 2, 2018

For ten years I have purchased the 60 day, 300 minute plan. Last month the website autobot enrolled me in 500 minutes and only 30 days of service. After three calls on three separate occasions trying to fix this I was told that they could not extend my service the extra 30 days that I had paid for. After talking to two supervisors I was told that I could not have the extra 30 days added. Just a simple No Can Do. I asked if having a customer for ten years made any difference and was told no. Ten years ago this was a great deal. Today, I wouldn`t recommend it to my worst enemy. All the customer service is in a third world country that is almost impossible to understand if you can even get to a live person.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Added a phone card to phone, card said 300 mins. 60 days. Phone had accumulated 5000, they are to be carried over. When card activated 4800 mins. deleted and only added 30 days to phone. After 1 hr. on phone got the other 30 days added but still lost 4800 mins. Had to call twice to get someone I could understand.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had carried two lines with NET10 for a number of years. Customer service has fallen to such a low level that I cancelled service with them. Customer service reps are rude and unprofessional. They are unable to provide even the basic information regarding billing, and service status. If they are unable to handle a request, they simply disconnect the call. A total lack of professionalism is killing their business model. If they have a mission statement, they need to review their lack of fulfillment. After reviewing previous customer feedback, it is clear that their total disregard for customer satisfaction is leading to a complete breakdown of service fulfillment.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was previously on a different MVNO (Ting) that has an okay network (Sprint/T-Mobile) but excellent customer service. I wanted better coverage on the AT&T network with my GSM phone. Net10 looked like a good plan and that's where the good news ends. I called in to activate my airtime and test my service. A painful process speaking to the overseas call center reps who can't understand American English. "Can you say that again, sorry I'm having trouble understanding you"... etc etc. I finally got my service activated and the local service was pretty good and I had no trouble getting 4G coverage and making/receiving calls.

I called back into port my number over. After giving my account details and port-out information (which by the way took 30 minute phone call to some other rep who needed me to repeat every other word I said), I was told that I could not move a number to my SIM card since this was already activated. They would send me a new SIM card at no charge so I could port my number over. Seriously... every cell carrier I've ever dealt with other than Net10 has been able to repoint a phone number on an already-used SIM.

I got the new SIM, and after over an hour of talking on the phone to various reps and escalation to different departments, I got someone who was 'working on my issue'. He told me to hold on while he looked up my ticket. Even though I asked what he was working on... after 5 minutes of silence he said he was done and to put in my new SIM card and reboot the phone. Well, he MOVED MY TEMPORARY NUMBER TO THE NEW SIM CARD without telling me. I called back in and was told again, they could not reprogram an already activated SIM card and they would send me a new card.

At that point I asked for a refund and was transferred to their refund department. I was told that since the airtime was already activated they could not issue a refund. They told me the only way to get a refund was if the service was incompatible with the phone. I asked if gross incompetence of the technical staff was qualifications for a refund? And she told me no. After escalations to "management", they still did not issue a refund, so I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and now have my money back due to failure to provide service. Please save yourself the trouble and do not deal with NET10 for any reason. Horrendous outsourced customer service.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I used to have NET10 a long time ago. At that time they had great service my phone would pick up in places no ones else would. Now they have some sorry ** service and when you call to talk to someone they are rude if you can even understand what they say. But what upsets me is the data they allow you 3GB at high speed and the rest at low speed which may as well be none it's ridiculous and I don't like being took advantage of. I will be going back to Straight Talk. They have better manners and much better service!!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

The scratch foil on the activation card to show pin failed to show first digit. I was gentle while scratching off foil paint. The Walmart receipt was supposed to show pin also but did not. I was unable to activate my phone after paying 54 dollars. I needed the phone for an important business trip the next day. I called customer service and was outsourced to electronica phone peck and then to a foreign country were person who proceeded to inform me I must go back to Walmart to "possibly" resolve issue because he did not know what number should be on receipt. Number on Walmart receipt did not match numbers I could read on scratch off pin at all. Looks like a big no sale for Net10 Walmart and me going on long trip without a phone. Bummer as I hope I don't get raped while stuck in some secluded location not able to dial for help. Even though I am a 250lb man. JK.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered a sim card from NET10. Was told it would be shipped overnight FedEx. Eight days later I had to go to the post office to pick it up and sign for it. It was never in the hands of FedEx and to come overnight. Status checking for an order from them is completely useless. As is the number to call them to check on the status. You will get the same results by calling them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Called. Refused to unlock my phone (LG) for 80 days. Have been a subscriber for 5+ year. Now they tell me can’t unlock for 80 days. Plus bad customer relations. Hung up on conversation. Feeling frustrated. Mad as hell.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My wife uses a basic flip-phone with no desire for a smartphone. For years we bought the $30 / 300 minute airtime refill cards. Now that Net10 is concentrating on smartphones, we cannot find the regular airtime card at any retail stores. Now, trying to purchase airtime on their website, the credit card / debit card option does not work. Customer service tells me you cannot use that option??? Again, customer service is no help whatsoever. Starting to wonder how this company stays in business!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Alcatel phone broke. Contacted Net10 for new phone. Told we don't have any request. I contact a Net10 retailer like WalMart. WalMart no longer sells Net10. I contacted 14 Net10 retailers recommended on Net10 website. Each told me they no longer sell Net10 phones. Net10 pushes their problem off to retailers to resolve but doesn't mention they are no longer Net10 retailers. Customer buys Net10 prepaid carry forward minute cards. But If your phone dies and Net10 can't replace the phone you lose prepaid loaded minutes plus minutes on cards purchased that are not yet loaded into your phone. I've communicated three times with Net10 staff. They are not knowledgeable, friendly or professional. Net 10 customer since 2009. They are forcing me to switch companies hoping we will move to TracFone. No way I'll do business with their new owner TracFone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a refurbished hotspot with a $50, 5GB data plan. The hotspot did not work outside of the box. The Net10 website yielded an error trying activate it. The website yielded an error trying to create an account. I spent 2 hours with customer service getting transferred to different departments. The last representative opened a technical support ticket and told me to call in two days. I called in two days, and they said the ticket had been resolved, but my hotspot was still unable to activate. Fast forward another hour, and a very helpful representative (roughly the 10th I talked to) got it activated.

I set up my computer and manually throttled the data to preserve the data plan. Yet three days later, the hotspot stopped working. I called and spoke to 3 representatives before they informed me I used all 5GB of my data. Maybe I left an app running in the background, I thought. However, I checked my WIFI usage from my computer, and it reports 1GB usage. She told me I should put a password on the hotspot to prevent others from using it, but that's exactly what I did. Bottom line, Net10 charged me $70 to talk with customer service 3 hours and only honored 1GB of their 5GB promise. I was satisfied with my Net10 phone 10 years ago, but this company is bottom of the bin now.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Dec 2017 Had 2 cards in online account "airtime reserve" - both $50.00 Unlimited talk, text & 8GB of DATA. My service ended 01/01/2018 - they pulled (automatically) 1 of those cards so service end date = 1/31/18. However on Jan 02, 2018 they pulled the 2nd card and added service end date of 02/01/2018. So, I paid 50 for one day of service?! When I had paid service in reserve through 03/02/2018. They STOLE that second reserve card and now tell me, “No, we checked your account that extra reserve card you are using, there is only service through 02/01 - no reserve card.” I say, “You pulled 2 cards for one month (30 days).” They now fight with me wanting card pin and yadda yadda - I threw them out being they were safe and sound online. They pulled the correct card on 01/01 but why are you taking another card from me on 01/02... BS FCC no help and out 50 bucks...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I was sent the wrong phone. I ordered a similar phone but with the 5" screen and was sent the sister phone with the 4" screen. When I contacted Net10 they were willing to replace the phone with me paying a additional service card for 35.00. Even after explaining to them that I do not have an additional 35.00 they insisted that was the only way they would replace my phone with the phone I ordered. Therefore I will not be continuing service with them. I should of went with all the reviews about this company but I didn't. Instead I took a chance and now I regret it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

NET10 claims to give money back for signing up on the auto-pay, but they don't. My account was $35.00. I was suppose to pay $31.50. I ended up paying $35.62. I asked for an itemized breakdown of where all the extra was going, but never got one. Can't all be taxes. I am with another company now and my plan is $15.00. I paid $15.31.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have been a Net10 customer for years now but am getting tired of the lack of Customer Service from this company. I always use a prepaid card for service which goes through an automated phone line. I always put into "Reserve" my next months payment. This time I sneezed while answering questions that automatically cancelled my minutes and added the new plan on early, a month early. I spent 120 minutes on the phone waiting for customer service to correct this, they refused to do so. They stated that I had done this intentionally on my end of the line and they refused to assist me in correcting this. Terrible Customer Service and even now they don't care what people write about them. Yes we get what we pay for, but we need a company out there that wants our long term business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have had NET10 for years. My bill is never wrong, I now use a bring your own phone- and have unlimited talk text and data for 45.00 a month. If you have the payments taken out of your account automatically every month you save $5. The way bring your own phone works is that you can either be on GSM or CDMA networks. In the US, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

When I first switched over to a smartphone I bought a phone that was not compatible with AT&T which I did not know. I had always gotten great reception with my Net10 phone and all of a sudden I was getting horrible reception so when I called Net10 she said, "Well you were on the AT&T network before" and I said, "Well put me back on the AT&T network, because the Sprint network I'm not getting a signal when I'm at home." She said the phone I had bought was not compatible with AT&T and that's the first I had heard that there was a difference in networks and phones. I went out and bought a compatible AT&T phone and my phone problem was solved! Even though it's unlimited data if I go over 10 GB's they will slow down my data to 3g. I have never used that much... Ever.

If you have trouble texting or sending messages a simple Google search shows APN settings all over the internet. I one time sent a tweet telling them that my mom's new phone was having a hard time receiving picture messages. They quickly gave me an APN setting to try which worked like a charm! It can be frustrating calling customer service and lengthy. Which is why I took one star. But I have people in my family that pay over $110 a month for AT&T And when I try to tell them, I have AT&T also they say no. It's different... umm. No it's not.

Well what do you think? AT&T sends a signal down from the satellite, and says, "Oh that user is a reselling data from Net10. Let's screw her signal up???" So why would you pay over double what I pay for Less service than I get... I currently use a Moto G4 Plus. I paid $150 for it & I own it. If I get another phone I don't have to re-set it up with Net10. I just simply switch my SIM card into another phone and I'm done. I'm happy with Net10. They now have even cheaper plans than the $45.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Their website states "Collect 18 Upgrade Points, and you'll be eligible for up to a $300 Phone Upgrade Discount you can use towards the phone of your dreams." What they don't tell you. The plans that earn you points don't actually go towards the upgrade points.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had decent service up until Nov 2017. I ordered a new phone off of their website. The same phone I had because I dislike complications. The phone wasn’t shipped on time, but it gets even better. The address on their order form was wrong. It had an extra number in it that would send the driver into a field. The address doesn’t exist. I called to tell them this and after several transfers, I am supposed to contact FedEx. They didn’t give me the tracking number. I have to go back online and get that little nugget of info. I show up to pick my phone up from FedEx and they say they can’t allow that because of a restriction net10 puts on its shipments.

The package HAS to go to that address and be signed for. So... The phone can't be delivered to the right address... And I can’t even pick it up? The mobile device that gets me work is in purgatory. How do you win at this Net10? No one wins except you smile and keep my $50 for the phone I bought and will never see. But I get the last laugh because I can’t pay you that $50 every month anymore WITHOUT THE PHONE! Insanity's definition to the T. Upon having a colorful conversation with an agent at Net10 over this whole dilemma the agent got pissed and turned off the authentication service of my phone.

How quaint and Millennial-ish. I had to be issued a new number by a competent agent. This whole mess took five years off my life tonight. Even if the phone gets magically brought to my doorstep, I’m never here to sign for it. And who the hell has the time to sit around waiting on FedEx driver who may or may not show up? Go America, keep it classy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ported my number over from another mobile service on 11-09-2017. They posted all over the internet boasted double data for all new customers. I was thinking this was a decent and honest company. This has been a ridiculous nightmare. They bounce you around and the service people know nothing about NET10. NET10 will not honor their ad. You will be disappointed. There are many mobile services that offer a decent product and have a helpful customer service. You may be the fortunate one that has a success story but not me. I will be changing at the end of service date.

NET10 Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

• Best for: NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs