3.7/5 (297 ratings)

About NET10 Wireless

Net10 Wireless provides wireless phone plans without a contract. Smartphone plans start around $20 per month for unlimited talk and text plus data. Pay-as-you-go plans let you choose your minutes and service days. Customers can also opt into convenient auto-refill through the company’s website.

NET10 Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have not had service for 3 days. I have called multiple times and was told I did have service or the problem was fixed. Still no service. So, desperation made me buy a card to add minutes. Then I'm told the NET10 card is not compatible with my phone! I have begged and pleaded for help and it's always ..turn my phone off for 20 seconds and turn back on. I've been doing this jumping thru hoops for 3 days STILL NO SERVICE! This is outrageous. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NEXT? I'm a long time customer and they have no concern that I am without phone service. This company should not be allowed to do business in this country!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was a Net 10 customer for 9 years. They were ok as long as everything was running smoothly. Getting in touch with customer service is difficult should a problem need attention. I was on auto pay for my phone. I purchased a new phone with another carrier and cancelled service. The same day, as I was changing over service, I was debited for a month's service, nearly $50. They would not refund the money. Bad Policy folks.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Tried to transfer acct. to new phone. After hour and a half over two days with three techs I was told it would take 15-20 minutes. Nope. Called several times during day and robot said it would take several HOURS. Day later went back on chat. Tech tells me transfer cannot be effected because of phone incompatibility. They could not have told me this when I requested transfer?! Meanwhile old phone no longer works. Just a bunch of bozos.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been an Active Net 10 Customer since my 1st Cell Phone over 10 years so far, in the last week or so I have not been able to send or receive pictures or access my Browser. Net 10 Customer service is sad and worthless. It appears I must buy a new phone buy a new Data Plan. I have had same service as of day one but things changed without letting me know something first. After my Minutes are finished/used up I am going to another Provider and Phone. No Loyalty with these Net 10 Pirates, They could Care less about their Customers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Ordered a new phone + plan from them almost 3 weeks ago, which was supposed to be sent with 2-day shipping, but received nothing. Now this was not their fault since mailing was up to the shipping company, but after talking to 7-8 different people over the past 3 weeks for a total on-air time of many hours, and not being able to get a refund, it has become a nightmare. I cannot sign up for a new plan or purchase a new phone from any other company until I get back the refund I paid to Net10.

Every time I call they say that they are working on it and it will be taken care of in 24-48 hours (initially they were telling me 3-5 days, but it became shorter as they kept "escalating" the call). Of course nothing happens during the specified time frame and when I call back it is another hour on hold as they "escalate" it from one person to another, and that person "keeps checking" on something. Then they say it will be resolved in 24-48 hours (the last time it was another 72 hours, but wasn't I told that every time I call?)

I think this is a fraudulent scam. Corporate is collecting people's money, but no one can contact them and they have armies of low-cost telephone customer support people to shield them so they can steal people's money and not have to deal with it. Will never use Net10 ever and I suggest you do not either, no matter what kind of promotion they offer. I did not investigate reviews enough before buying a phone from them (of course the sales people have no restrictions on what they can do, but after you've paid, impossible to get anything done). I thought that since I was buying a top-of-the-line brand new phone and they have access to the Verizon network, I would not have to deal with their customer service, but I never thought that I would not receive the phone. So anyone can have need to deal with their customer service at some point.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I've had NET10 and their LG phones for 10 years with great service. I was notified in August that I had to buy a new phone as they were migrating to a new system. I Bought a new Samsung Galaxy A10e from NET10 with their required 24 month plan. The phone will let me call out, but the touch screen will not let me answer incoming calls. I have to go to missed calls and return calls. I've talked to over a dozen tech reps and senior reps with the only result, that they want me to buy a second new phone and send the first back for them to check. They provide no warranty on the new phones they sell. If you need to buy a new phone buy it somewhere else and save the headache of dealing with NET10 NON Support.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have had this service in different phones not only mine years. No discounts, no nothing and I pay high dollar cards. I am looking for better. $65 and you think it be fast service and not slow speed. Not Happy and with this virus the cards raise? Looking for better places. Now $70 cards really??

Original review: July 19, 2020

If you're looking for a phone service please do not waste your time with this company! Their customer service is terrible. I have been with this company for close to 10 years mainly because it was affordable and the only service that would work in my rural area. However they have not once offered me a discount on service or even acknowledge me as a loyal customer for this long. Whenever I have an issue it takes a large amount of patience to just deal with their representative which are never easy to comprehend. This company is definitely only looking for profit not to please its customer's. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The speed of the data when not on wifi is absolutely terrible. I did a speed test. The results for the download speed is 0.06Mps. When I am not on wifi, I can not even get internet at all. Net10 is a bad company in my opinion. Back in the day, dial up internet over a land line phone was a lot better than net10. I would give 0 stars if I was able to. The service is very bad and the phones they sell are absolutely junk. The CPU on the phone over heats as well. Net10 should be ashamed of having terrible data speeds, phones that are junk, etc. Come on net10, get with the program. I am considering switching companies and would not recommend Net10 to anyone.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have been a Net10 customer since 2006, and I have NEVER had any problems until this year. I have an older phone, a Nokia 1100. All I wanted was the ability to make and receive calls and text. Over the years, I have purchased additional minutes every other month, either with a phone card or through the Net10 website. As I said - NEVER had a problem until this year. I purchased minutes three times this year, the most recent was today (6-6-20).

With all three purchases, I have had the same problem wherein the service end date does not change and my newly purchased minutes are not added to my phone. With the two previous incidents, I spent frustrating HOURS on with various customer service reps trying to get the problem resolved. The problem clearly lies with Net 10, because each time, they were able to fix the problem and get my service back on track. Most of the time, the CSRs have been patient and courteous; today, however, the CSR insisted that the problem must be with my phone.

On their end, he said the additional minutes and updated service end date are showing up, but I explained that the information did not transfer to my phone. I explained the situation over and over again to the CSR, also telling him over and over how this has happened before and Net 10 fixed it. He just kept repeating that their system shows the added minutes and new service end date. I asked to be transferred to another CSR; I was put on hold only to be disconnected a few minutes later (which has also happened before). Another problem I have experienced is the Net 10 service area - there are huge areas where my phone shows NO BARS, which is a big problem if I need to make a call. It's another problem that I didn't have before this year. I guess the only resolution is to buy a different phone and sign up with a different company.

NET10 Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

NET10 Wireless Company Information