3.5/5 (162 ratings)

About NET10 Wireless

Net10 Wireless provides wireless phone plans without a contract. Smartphone plans start around $20 per month for unlimited talk and text plus data. Pay-as-you-go plans let you choose your minutes and service days. Customers can also opt into convenient auto-refill through the company’s website.

NET10 Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I dumped Net10 after 10 years. Customer service is somewhere in the middle east and no American English is spoken. Trying and failing to activate a new phone for their change to 4g and 5g was the last straw. Happily I found service at a better price with actual customer service. I should have dumped Net10 years ago. I advise everyone avoid Net10 and also Tracfone which is the same outfit.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

They made me to upgrade a nice basic phone which had about $150 on it; all this minutes ($$$) just gone because of the monthly plan I had to buy. No credit for the wasted money despite hours listening to "Your call is important to us".

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

During the last 4 days, I have been unable to place any calls. All calls begin ringing, and then they are redirected to a service number. Thus, the phone and phone line work as I am talking to consumer service using my phone. After at least 10 conversations with consumer service, providing the same info each time (name, number, problem, etc.), speaking with 3 managers and applying the same "solution" 4 times... I gave up. I had to switch to a problem I could solve by changing phone companies. There was nothing Net10 could do until I purchased a new phone (which they were happy to help me purchase from their website). I could not place calls, yet I could receive calls. I cannot access voicemail - even the ones with emergency information.

My ability to place calls and access voicemail is "unavailable" or according to Net10 until I purchased a new phone. My bill was paid, and I regularly paid every bill on time for years. My phone, in my words, was hijacked for profit. Going forward, will phone companies require all consumers to upgrade every 4 years or even less? I understand new phones are a beautiful and meaningful purchase for many people; I am happy for those people. Not everyone can afford a new phone.

I guess basic phone service with family members and 911 is not vital enough to be considered a right for all. Fortunately, I can afford a new and I must. Talking to my aging parents, each day, is vital. I will change my phone service immediately. No person should have their phone service restricted, so they can be sold a new phone/make more profit. This sudden, immediate and unannounced restriction in phone service feels unlawful and has created time consuming challenges for me. Perhaps the FCC is encouraging these changes and business practices, their website says, "Supporting the nation's economy by ensuring an appropriate competitive framework for the unfolding of the communications revolution."

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have not had service for 3 days. I have called multiple times and was told I did have service or the problem was fixed. Still no service. So, desperation made me buy a card to add minutes. Then I'm told the NET10 card is not compatible with my phone! I have begged and pleaded for help and it's always ..turn my phone off for 20 seconds and turn back on. I've been doing this jumping thru hoops for 3 days STILL NO SERVICE! This is outrageous. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NEXT? I'm a long time customer and they have no concern that I am without phone service. This company should not be allowed to do business in this country!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was a Net 10 customer for 9 years. They were ok as long as everything was running smoothly. Getting in touch with customer service is difficult should a problem need attention. I was on auto pay for my phone. I purchased a new phone with another carrier and cancelled service. The same day, as I was changing over service, I was debited for a month's service, nearly $50. They would not refund the money. Bad Policy folks.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Tried to transfer acct. to new phone. After hour and a half over two days with three techs I was told it would take 15-20 minutes. Nope. Called several times during day and robot said it would take several HOURS. Day later went back on chat. Tech tells me transfer cannot be effected because of phone incompatibility. They could not have told me this when I requested transfer?! Meanwhile old phone no longer works. Just a bunch of bozos.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been an Active Net 10 Customer since my 1st Cell Phone over 10 years so far, in the last week or so I have not been able to send or receive pictures or access my Browser. Net 10 Customer service is sad and worthless. It appears I must buy a new phone buy a new Data Plan. I have had same service as of day one but things changed without letting me know something first. After my Minutes are finished/used up I am going to another Provider and Phone. No Loyalty with these Net 10 Pirates, They could Care less about their Customers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Ordered a new phone + plan from them almost 3 weeks ago, which was supposed to be sent with 2-day shipping, but received nothing. Now this was not their fault since mailing was up to the shipping company, but after talking to 7-8 different people over the past 3 weeks for a total on-air time of many hours, and not being able to get a refund, it has become a nightmare. I cannot sign up for a new plan or purchase a new phone from any other company until I get back the refund I paid to Net10.

Every time I call they say that they are working on it and it will be taken care of in 24-48 hours (initially they were telling me 3-5 days, but it became shorter as they kept "escalating" the call). Of course nothing happens during the specified time frame and when I call back it is another hour on hold as they "escalate" it from one person to another, and that person "keeps checking" on something. Then they say it will be resolved in 24-48 hours (the last time it was another 72 hours, but wasn't I told that every time I call?)

I think this is a fraudulent scam. Corporate is collecting people's money, but no one can contact them and they have armies of low-cost telephone customer support people to shield them so they can steal people's money and not have to deal with it. Will never use Net10 ever and I suggest you do not either, no matter what kind of promotion they offer. I did not investigate reviews enough before buying a phone from them (of course the sales people have no restrictions on what they can do, but after you've paid, impossible to get anything done). I thought that since I was buying a top-of-the-line brand new phone and they have access to the Verizon network, I would not have to deal with their customer service, but I never thought that I would not receive the phone. So anyone can have need to deal with their customer service at some point.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I've had NET10 and their LG phones for 10 years with great service. I was notified in August that I had to buy a new phone as they were migrating to a new system. I Bought a new Samsung Galaxy A10e from NET10 with their required 24 month plan. The phone will let me call out, but the touch screen will not let me answer incoming calls. I have to go to missed calls and return calls. I've talked to over a dozen tech reps and senior reps with the only result, that they want me to buy a second new phone and send the first back for them to check. They provide no warranty on the new phones they sell. If you need to buy a new phone buy it somewhere else and save the headache of dealing with NET10 NON Support.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have had this service in different phones not only mine years. No discounts, no nothing and I pay high dollar cards. I am looking for better. $65 and you think it be fast service and not slow speed. Not Happy and with this virus the cards raise? Looking for better places. Now $70 cards really??

NET10 Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

NET10 Wireless Company Information