1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

633 NET10 Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

Added a phone card to phone, card said 300 mins. 60 days. Phone had accumulated 5000, they are to be carried over. When card activated 4800 mins. deleted and only added 30 days to phone. After 1 hr. on phone got the other 30 days added but still lost 4800 mins. Had to call twice to get someone I could understand.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had carried two lines with NET10 for a number of years. Customer service has fallen to such a low level that I cancelled service with them. Customer service reps are rude and unprofessional. They are unable to provide even the basic information regarding billing, and service status. If they are unable to handle a request, they simply disconnect the call. A total lack of professionalism is killing their business model. If they have a mission statement, they need to review their lack of fulfillment. After reviewing previous customer feedback, it is clear that their total disregard for customer satisfaction is leading to a complete breakdown of service fulfillment.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I was previously on a different MVNO (Ting) that has an okay network (Sprint/T-Mobile) but excellent customer service. I wanted better coverage on the AT&T network with my GSM phone. Net10 looked like a good plan and that's where the good news ends. I called in to activate my airtime and test my service. A painful process speaking to the overseas call center reps who can't understand American English. "Can you say that again, sorry I'm having trouble understanding you"... etc etc. I finally got my service activated and the local service was pretty good and I had no trouble getting 4G coverage and making/receiving calls.

I called back into port my number over. After giving my account details and port-out information (which by the way took 30 minute phone call to some other rep who needed me to repeat every other word I said), I was told that I could not move a number to my SIM card since this was already activated. They would send me a new SIM card at no charge so I could port my number over. Seriously... every cell carrier I've ever dealt with other than Net10 has been able to repoint a phone number on an already-used SIM.

I got the new SIM, and after over an hour of talking on the phone to various reps and escalation to different departments, I got someone who was 'working on my issue'. He told me to hold on while he looked up my ticket. Even though I asked what he was working on... after 5 minutes of silence he said he was done and to put in my new SIM card and reboot the phone. Well, he MOVED MY TEMPORARY NUMBER TO THE NEW SIM CARD without telling me. I called back in and was told again, they could not reprogram an already activated SIM card and they would send me a new card.

At that point I asked for a refund and was transferred to their refund department. I was told that since the airtime was already activated they could not issue a refund. They told me the only way to get a refund was if the service was incompatible with the phone. I asked if gross incompetence of the technical staff was qualifications for a refund? And she told me no. After escalations to "management", they still did not issue a refund, so I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and now have my money back due to failure to provide service. Please save yourself the trouble and do not deal with NET10 for any reason. Horrendous outsourced customer service.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I used to have NET10 a long time ago. At that time they had great service my phone would pick up in places no ones else would. Now they have some sorry ** service and when you call to talk to someone they are rude if you can even understand what they say. But what upsets me is the data they allow you 3GB at high speed and the rest at low speed which may as well be none it's ridiculous and I don't like being took advantage of. I will be going back to Straight Talk. They have better manners and much better service!!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

The scratch foil on the activation card to show pin failed to show first digit. I was gentle while scratching off foil paint. The Walmart receipt was supposed to show pin also but did not. I was unable to activate my phone after paying 54 dollars. I needed the phone for an important business trip the next day. I called customer service and was outsourced to electronica phone peck and then to a foreign country were person who proceeded to inform me I must go back to Walmart to "possibly" resolve issue because he did not know what number should be on receipt. Number on Walmart receipt did not match numbers I could read on scratch off pin at all. Looks like a big no sale for Net10 Walmart and me going on long trip without a phone. Bummer as I hope I don't get raped while stuck in some secluded location not able to dial for help. Even though I am a 250lb man. JK.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered a sim card from NET10. Was told it would be shipped overnight FedEx. Eight days later I had to go to the post office to pick it up and sign for it. It was never in the hands of FedEx and to come overnight. Status checking for an order from them is completely useless. As is the number to call them to check on the status. You will get the same results by calling them.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Called. Refused to unlock my phone (LG) for 80 days. Have been a subscriber for 5+ year. Now they tell me can’t unlock for 80 days. Plus bad customer relations. Hung up on conversation. Feeling frustrated. Mad as hell.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My wife uses a basic flip-phone with no desire for a smartphone. For years we bought the $30 / 300 minute airtime refill cards. Now that Net10 is concentrating on smartphones, we cannot find the regular airtime card at any retail stores. Now, trying to purchase airtime on their website, the credit card / debit card option does not work. Customer service tells me you cannot use that option??? Again, customer service is no help whatsoever. Starting to wonder how this company stays in business!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Alcatel phone broke. Contacted Net10 for new phone. Told we don't have any request. I contact a Net10 retailer like WalMart. WalMart no longer sells Net10. I contacted 14 Net10 retailers recommended on Net10 website. Each told me they no longer sell Net10 phones. Net10 pushes their problem off to retailers to resolve but doesn't mention they are no longer Net10 retailers. Customer buys Net10 prepaid carry forward minute cards. But If your phone dies and Net10 can't replace the phone you lose prepaid loaded minutes plus minutes on cards purchased that are not yet loaded into your phone. I've communicated three times with Net10 staff. They are not knowledgeable, friendly or professional. Net 10 customer since 2009. They are forcing me to switch companies hoping we will move to TracFone. No way I'll do business with their new owner TracFone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a refurbished hotspot with a $50, 5GB data plan. The hotspot did not work outside of the box. The Net10 website yielded an error trying activate it. The website yielded an error trying to create an account. I spent 2 hours with customer service getting transferred to different departments. The last representative opened a technical support ticket and told me to call in two days. I called in two days, and they said the ticket had been resolved, but my hotspot was still unable to activate. Fast forward another hour, and a very helpful representative (roughly the 10th I talked to) got it activated.

I set up my computer and manually throttled the data to preserve the data plan. Yet three days later, the hotspot stopped working. I called and spoke to 3 representatives before they informed me I used all 5GB of my data. Maybe I left an app running in the background, I thought. However, I checked my WIFI usage from my computer, and it reports 1GB usage. She told me I should put a password on the hotspot to prevent others from using it, but that's exactly what I did. Bottom line, Net10 charged me $70 to talk with customer service 3 hours and only honored 1GB of their 5GB promise. I was satisfied with my Net10 phone 10 years ago, but this company is bottom of the bin now.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Dec 2017 Had 2 cards in online account "airtime reserve" - both $50.00 Unlimited talk, text & 8GB of DATA. My service ended 01/01/2018 - they pulled (automatically) 1 of those cards so service end date = 1/31/18. However on Jan 02, 2018 they pulled the 2nd card and added service end date of 02/01/2018. So, I paid 50 for one day of service?! When I had paid service in reserve through 03/02/2018. They STOLE that second reserve card and now tell me, “No, we checked your account that extra reserve card you are using, there is only service through 02/01 - no reserve card.” I say, “You pulled 2 cards for one month (30 days).” They now fight with me wanting card pin and yadda yadda - I threw them out being they were safe and sound online. They pulled the correct card on 01/01 but why are you taking another card from me on 01/02... BS FCC no help and out 50 bucks...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I was sent the wrong phone. I ordered a similar phone but with the 5" screen and was sent the sister phone with the 4" screen. When I contacted Net10 they were willing to replace the phone with me paying a additional service card for 35.00. Even after explaining to them that I do not have an additional 35.00 they insisted that was the only way they would replace my phone with the phone I ordered. Therefore I will not be continuing service with them. I should of went with all the reviews about this company but I didn't. Instead I took a chance and now I regret it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

NET10 claims to give money back for signing up on the auto-pay, but they don't. My account was $35.00. I was suppose to pay $31.50. I ended up paying $35.62. I asked for an itemized breakdown of where all the extra was going, but never got one. Can't all be taxes. I am with another company now and my plan is $15.00. I paid $15.31.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have been a Net10 customer for years now but am getting tired of the lack of Customer Service from this company. I always use a prepaid card for service which goes through an automated phone line. I always put into "Reserve" my next months payment. This time I sneezed while answering questions that automatically cancelled my minutes and added the new plan on early, a month early. I spent 120 minutes on the phone waiting for customer service to correct this, they refused to do so. They stated that I had done this intentionally on my end of the line and they refused to assist me in correcting this. Terrible Customer Service and even now they don't care what people write about them. Yes we get what we pay for, but we need a company out there that wants our long term business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have had NET10 for years. My bill is never wrong, I now use a bring your own phone- and have unlimited talk text and data for 45.00 a month. If you have the payments taken out of your account automatically every month you save $5. The way bring your own phone works is that you can either be on GSM or CDMA networks. In the US, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

When I first switched over to a smartphone I bought a phone that was not compatible with AT&T which I did not know. I had always gotten great reception with my Net10 phone and all of a sudden I was getting horrible reception so when I called Net10 she said, "Well you were on the AT&T network before" and I said, "Well put me back on the AT&T network, because the Sprint network I'm not getting a signal when I'm at home." She said the phone I had bought was not compatible with AT&T and that's the first I had heard that there was a difference in networks and phones. I went out and bought a compatible AT&T phone and my phone problem was solved! Even though it's unlimited data if I go over 10 GB's they will slow down my data to 3g. I have never used that much... Ever.

If you have trouble texting or sending messages a simple Google search shows APN settings all over the internet. I one time sent a tweet telling them that my mom's new phone was having a hard time receiving picture messages. They quickly gave me an APN setting to try which worked like a charm! It can be frustrating calling customer service and lengthy. Which is why I took one star. But I have people in my family that pay over $110 a month for AT&T And when I try to tell them, I have AT&T also they say no. It's different... umm. No it's not.

Well what do you think? AT&T sends a signal down from the satellite, and says, "Oh that user is a reselling data from Net10. Let's screw her signal up???" So why would you pay over double what I pay for Less service than I get... I currently use a Moto G4 Plus. I paid $150 for it & I own it. If I get another phone I don't have to re-set it up with Net10. I just simply switch my SIM card into another phone and I'm done. I'm happy with Net10. They now have even cheaper plans than the $45.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Their website states "Collect 18 Upgrade Points, and you'll be eligible for up to a $300 Phone Upgrade Discount you can use towards the phone of your dreams." What they don't tell you. The plans that earn you points don't actually go towards the upgrade points.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had decent service up until Nov 2017. I ordered a new phone off of their website. The same phone I had because I dislike complications. The phone wasn’t shipped on time, but it gets even better. The address on their order form was wrong. It had an extra number in it that would send the driver into a field. The address doesn’t exist. I called to tell them this and after several transfers, I am supposed to contact FedEx. They didn’t give me the tracking number. I have to go back online and get that little nugget of info. I show up to pick my phone up from FedEx and they say they can’t allow that because of a restriction net10 puts on its shipments.

The package HAS to go to that address and be signed for. So... The phone can't be delivered to the right address... And I can’t even pick it up? The mobile device that gets me work is in purgatory. How do you win at this Net10? No one wins except you smile and keep my $50 for the phone I bought and will never see. But I get the last laugh because I can’t pay you that $50 every month anymore WITHOUT THE PHONE! Insanity's definition to the T. Upon having a colorful conversation with an agent at Net10 over this whole dilemma the agent got pissed and turned off the authentication service of my phone.

How quaint and Millennial-ish. I had to be issued a new number by a competent agent. This whole mess took five years off my life tonight. Even if the phone gets magically brought to my doorstep, I’m never here to sign for it. And who the hell has the time to sit around waiting on FedEx driver who may or may not show up? Go America, keep it classy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ported my number over from another mobile service on 11-09-2017. They posted all over the internet boasted double data for all new customers. I was thinking this was a decent and honest company. This has been a ridiculous nightmare. They bounce you around and the service people know nothing about NET10. NET10 will not honor their ad. You will be disappointed. There are many mobile services that offer a decent product and have a helpful customer service. You may be the fortunate one that has a success story but not me. I will be changing at the end of service date.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I started off with a NET10 phone... It was pretty awful. So then I did a network unlock for an iPhone 6s, bought the BYOP (bring your own phone) activation kit (which includes a SIM card). Was a bit of a hassle getting it to work... but it did eventually and it worked well for about 6 months. About 10 days ago (11/7/17) I logged into my NET10 account because it had been a while, it seemed, since I was notified to renew my data plan. It said I hadn’t been active since September. Strange considering I was still able to make calls, text, and use data. Then when I logged back into the account it said I had service until 11/27/17. But suddenly my phone said “no service.” Couldn’t make calls, texts, data - nothing. Chatted online with NET10 representatives for over 2 hours. I was told that the phone connected with the IMEI number I gave them does not take a SIM card and the phone number I gave them was not active. Not true!

I explained to them that it absolutely does (take a SIM card) because I ordered the SIM card and bring your own phone activation kit from them months ago and it had been working just fine (with the phone number I provided) up until then. After arguing about this for quite some time and them not understanding me, someone finally told me that the Sim card I had bought had expired. I asked them how that could’ve possibly happened. They replied, “by not using it for quite some time.” Then as my head was about to explode, I explained to them that yes I have been using the same Sim card in the same phone with the same phone number for the past six months. They told me they could send me a replacement Sim card but it would take 5 to 7 days. I told them that I could not be without my phone for that long as I have young children and I use my phone for work. They told me they could absolutely not overnight it, they were not able to do that.

At this point I was very frustrated and told them that if they could not overnight it I was going to go with a different carrier. Their response? “We respect your decision. Do you have anymore questions?” I was flabbergasted and asked to speak to a supervisor. I got disconnected. Eventually I was able to connect to another chat representative and after going over the same thing for an hour was informed if I just bought a new SIM card (instead of being issued a replacement) it could be overnighted. Ok, great! I told them “geez we could have saved a lot of time.” It didn’t come overnight. When I actually called a representative and asked why I hadn’t received it, they told me that Sim cards don’t qualify for overnight shipping, only if you’re ordering a new phone. Well that was a lie considering I had proof and a billing statement that said otherwise. “SIM card -.99 (FedEx overnight).”

It came a couple days later however I was not home, and the way they ship it, you have to be present to sign for it (it’s a $.99 SIM card!). I work during the day so it’s kind of impossible for me to take several days off sitting around waiting for FedEx to show up at my door. So he came twice more and I was not home. Undeliverable at that point so it was being shipped back to the company. At this point I couldn’t wait anymore so I ordered another one and had it shipped to my place of employment. Once I got the Sim card and tried to activate it with my iPhone, I found out that my original NET10 crappy phone was the phone that the number was associated with which makes no sense since I hadn’t used that phone in six months and had been using the iPhone the entire time. Eventually I got it all fixed (after another hour on the phone) but please save yourself the time, energy, and headache.

I still have no clue how that phone number and all that crap was connected to a phone that has been inactive for over six months. I would guess that I spent at least six hours trying to figure this stuff out. Not only did I not have a phone for a week and a half I had to deal with very rude and uninformed staff. Sure when you have service it’s decent. But if you have any problems at all, which most likely will be due to errors on their part, you’re going to be screwed.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have been dealing with Net10 Prepaid monthly Wireless Phone Service now for approximately 1.5 years after dumping Verizon back then for reneging on their Unlimited Talk-Text-Data $50 a month prepaid plan, and force dumping me into a $35 a month prepaid Limited 500mb Data (Internet) loser plan that was–in their mindset–supposedly saving me money! SURE! All it did was wipe out my Unlimited (Internet) Data part that I had prior. There's that Money Pit word DATA again. Btw–the same day I switched over to Net10–Verizon sends me a text MSG offering me yet another one of their supposed money saving plans with even LESS Data. Sound familiar? It should - as today you only get what you PSY for, and it ain't much at all. lol.

At the same time they (Verizon) also started EOL'ing all my standard Yahoo email, etc. (email site links) - news sites & sports related site links making my old flip-cellphone all but dead other than to just make calls and send a text MSG at best. Prior to the Verizon flip-cell I just had a basic $10 Trac El-cheap cellphone while I moved cross-country, and then dumped Trac as their stupid 10 cents, or even 5 cents a min (double mins) $20/40 refill cards were a joke! So were their CS idiots in India no less, as Trac was based out of Boston some 7+ yrs ago, and outsourced to India no less.

When I got connected there one time to remedy some wrongfully mischarged mins on my cell the rude (supposedly a Mgr) guy on the other end answered the call-forward yawning as though he just woke up from a nap on his porch no less. Poor English - couldn't even understand him, and then he placed me on hold for something like 20-25 minutes having to talk to a supervisor no less. Mgr? What Mgr? What a joke! Sound familiar?

So fast forward to the present day Net10 nightmare - lol. In that now present day 1.5 yrs of using NET10 airtime I have found it way past very frustrating trying to deal with the illiterate poorly English speaking nitwit Net10 Independent Contractor type people over there in the Philippines being paid $1 a call that just keep reading off of a stupid "cheat-sheet" via a cellphone & cheap laptop to connect themselves to wherever it is that their MAIN Net 10 Corp Office actually is located & outsourced call ctr wise to. AND forget the facts of all the corruption that the Philippines are having present day, and WHERE all your private personal info is being stored server wise? Kinda scary huh? You bet!

I once was even dumped into Columbia somewhere by a Walmart Corp CS agent named Steven telling me I was on a 3-way call into Net10 Corp Office in Miami. Boy - talk about rotted fish stinking! This goes beyond a rotting corpse of any kind. Stinks to the High Heaven, and then some! Forget the constant being placed on hold annoyances for up to 30 mins sometimes–if you are even stupid enough to fall for that STALL, as those are just STALLS while they supposedly talk to a Higher Up person who is even dumber than they are. Supervisors? What supervisors? Tech support? What tech support? They don't even know what a server is! Whatta joke.

When all else fails and you demand to speak with CORP CS guess where you get dumped next? Wanna take a guess? Why they keep saying Miami, FL is anyone's guess. Sounds good on paper anyway - lmao here - whatta joke! All their 800 #'s are dumped there into the Philippines including that 2368 # as well. Doral, FL is where they ship their (your) broken phones to/from & ship you your supposedly factory refurb replacement, but my guess is that that too is just a POB address and nothing more. Like someone in a BBB or CPSC or FTC or FCC complaint site forum stated - Net10 (and all the other Trac cellphone wireless providers under its roof) just sells factory blems & refurbs at best. Walmart is one of their biggest Dumping sites to date! There are now 6 or 7 I believe it is Trac branded sister companies under Trac, and even the Walmart Family brand is now said to be under Trac's roof as well. Mmmm?

That Walmart Family part is now very disturbing, as that is where all my Net10 problems started. Walmart that is, and I caught them red-handed with their pants down! That was right after dumping Verizon and then buying that 2G LG306G cellphone from Walmart that they were helping to dump–unbeknown to me at that time. I found out within less than 2 mths that that LG306G had the worst signal reception once 2 feet inside most bldg's, and when I contacted LG CORP TECH SUPPORT directly they told me that that model was EOL and NON-supported for over a year and a half, and yet Walmart was still dumping it on consumers to rid their warehouse stock. Talk about scams! Forget those supposedly brand new boxed Walmart Net10 cells that they are helping Net10 to dump on the USA marketplace for fact.

When I filed a direct complaint at Walmart Corp - guess what? ** hit the fan and they had to replace & upgrade my defunct 306G with a brand new LG Rebel at NO CHARGE. Overnight all those LG306G cells disappeared - wow. I guess that says it all right there huh? There's more... that supposed brand new LG Rebel's speaker crapped out in less than 2 mths leaving me with a useless cellphone yet again. Back to Walmart and yet another free Rebel replacement. What a hassle & PITA!

SO - in going through Net10 warranty replacement on that bad speaker Rebel cell replacement - that took 3 tries & rejects lasting over 3 mths because they tried dumping factory blems on me with major factory defects like a.5mm misaligned face glass matrix for one. Then 2 more damaged shipment boxes that I rejected until I got the 4th box and Rebel in satisfactory condition. What a dragged out fiasco that was! To make matters worse that factory refurb replacement Rebel that was wording so well just had the touch display digitizer chip part freeze up me 3 weeks ago. Bummer!

Now it has to be replaced still under their warranty thank God, but having to reset up all my settings, contacts, and lost internet Favs is another PITA. No thanks to the Net10 dummies that kept getting my unlimited airtime set up on this factory refurb replacement Rebel wrong. Now they are cheating me out of my 2G speed on this 4G Rebel just because I can use a $35 card instead of a $40 card. What next? I am so done with these CLOWNS at Net10, and will be looking into T-mobile. Oh, and btw - Walmart now will not help you anymore transfer your old cell to new cellphone that they will sell you. You buy it and you are on your own doing the transfer and # port part. Good luck on that - esp with the dummies at Trac and Net10 being all - ONE IN THE SAME NITWITS THERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. Walmart won't even let you use their 800 store line anymore! What does that tell you?

These supposed Net10 people that are all located in the Philippines that keep calling themselves Tech Support and Corporate Office customer service - well they all are a joke and nothing more than 1 call forwarded center that just auto-dials these Independent Contractor nitwits at their houses there that sign up to work from their home with no security clearances at all is my firm belief. Neither of these exist with Net10 today! Anybody from Net10 tells you this they are complete liars.

I will be filing a major complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the CPSC, the FCC, and the FTC, and I would recommend that you do the same as for anyone having any kind of problems with no resolution from Net10. We as a country here in the USA need to put Net10 & TracFone, and any other under the roof subsidiaries of TracFone out of business permanently as they are nothing but fraud, scams, and rip-offs. I even had one of their people over in the Philippines try to tell me that I have to buy more Data 5 days before my Unlimited Talk - Text, and Data 30-day plan expired. If that's not fraud and a scam then I don't know what is. Good luck to all out there using Net10 - you will need it.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have used NET10 for almost ten years. I have saved over all of the other companies. I spend 50$ a month and get 8gigs of high speed perfect for me. I can spend all the time I want playing games.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I got a 1000 min card then found out they don't work with a smart phone which it does not say on back. They told me I'd have to buy at least a 35.00 card and suck up the 25 nonrefundable. Plus the heavy accent barely understood her. I'm not using them ever again. There are better plans from better companies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I had them port from a VOIP type line (Republic Wireless), so it took longer than normal to get my phone working, and I also gave them the wrong PIN for the transfer, adding to the delay. Customer service was responsive, they took me through my problem step by step and escalated me once. They even gave me a number and extension to call back if I had any more problems.

One issue I had was setting up MMS. Don't use Net10's texted recommendations, just search your carrier (e.g. AT&T) and MMS APN settings and you should find some help on the internet. A lot of these negative reviews seem to be focused on the phones provided on their site - I can't speak to this as I "BYOD'd" with a Moto phone. I've always used these phones and love 'em, and you can buy them directly from Motorola. I chose Net10 because they were running a double data special, offering a really good deal on 4GB/mo, especially with their autopay discounts. I like figuring out tech stuff, so the MMS stuff didn't bother me. I'd recommend them if you aren't scared to dig into Android's settings and consult Google if confused.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

So I went as usual (*4year customer) to the local Family Dollar to get a phone card for my daughter, the $35 cards were not available, but they had other cards for Net10 Wireless. Looked the same. I was excited to find out I can choose $10, $20 or $30! Sign me up! :) But my excitement would be a lessons learned, $20 bucks donated to Net 10!!! (I grab what's called a "Hot Spot" card and Not a monthly plan card! Had no idea. Looked exactly the same.) Came home to add it to her service to only find out. (*hotspot, allows you to share internet with others! Say what! Never ever heard of it... Dogs have hotspots.). I have been with Net10 Wireless for well over 4 years now.

I was on phone for over hour. They would not transfer/credit the $20 that I paid and allow me to (*for a card that I cannot use or need! Their company policy-) pay the difference. Net10 blamed The Family Dollar. "They know what it covers etc." --When @Family Dollar, I noted to cashier there's no $35 cards but this is good says Net10 same thing. And Wow, I can do $20 bucks instead of $35. Let's do it... And figured they'd changed the cards again, No big deal, So I thought! (Side note... Once you purchase a phone card from FAMILY DOLLAR they also will Not give you a refund!). NET10 says, AIRTIME CARDS ARE NONREFUNDABLE!!! This is company policy and could only charge me the original $35, then add the $20 to be use for hot spots but can't credit my account and allow me to add $15 so my daughter could use her phone...

I explained what I needed, I talk to 6 different people, one was a total jerk to me. His name was Max **... He Questioned me!!! "Did I ask us... about this card". Sure I called you!!! SERIOUSLY! WOW! Why do they sell them at stores if we need to call? HE couldn't crediting anything and questioned whom told me this, I said the second person I've spoken to! You're number 3... And said "No one can help you here!... Goodbye!" This is disturbing and Pathetic customer service and Companies policy. Regarding someone's honest mistake. They have $20 and refuse to help make this right and keep my business...

To any and all future customers, please learn from my mistake. I recommend just calling them directly to add AIRTIME. Otherwise you'll be like me, Donating to Net10!!! Going forward, I feel that Net10 no longer wishes to provide me outstanding service. They're choosing to Treat me unfair in this situation, the lack of care and respect shown! Yes, I made a donation today, don't be like me. This is a bad way to do business and Net10 has made its choice with its policies. To not try to fix this is unreasonable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The type of re-sellers of cell air and data that NET10 operates has been a decent option - much less than the branded companies and their big monthly bills. Not anymore - NET10 has shifted gears to a bait and switch business model - promise "this or that" like DOUBLE DATA and then... Greed lies and customer service reps with ENGLISH as a seventh language!!! Go with T-Mobile or other REAL company - they have dropped their plan rates by half. NET10 - soon to join ENRON, and the dodo bird...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Net 10 is a horrible cell phone company. They took away my minutes. Took 3 weeks to get my simple card. Now I need a extension for 2 days. I'm in a wheelchair. My mom has a heart condition and I am on disability. I would not recommend Net 10 to my worst enemy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

So my phone I bought three months ago stopped working. The screen turned completely White so I called the company and I bought a new phone. The new phone had nothing wrong with it other than when they activated it and put minutes on it which was $40 worth of minutes which should have been unlimited. It told me that I could not make a call because there was no network available. I've called the company multiple different times about the issue. I reset my phone multiple different times for the issue. I call the company again. They said that they were going to send me a box. I waited 3 weeks for them to send me a box then I called the company back. “No box came,” I said. They said there was never a box that I didn't qualify for a new phone.

After putting so much money into their company you would think they make the company make it right. They do not make it right. They just told me that I didn't qualify for a new phone. No one from the company. Hey so I turned around and found my old phone that I had from last year which is a flip phone. They couldn't put that. They told me they couldn't put the minutes a $40 onto the phone for unlimited talk text and web or 4G gigabytes and I said, “Would put whatever you could on it.” They put 5000 minutes on it and then they turned around and only gave me 4 days to use 50000 minutes.

I've called the company multiple times today. Today's date is Wednesday October 18th 2017. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that I talked to I tried to talk to corporate. I called corporate. I have to wait on the phone for over 30 minutes. Can anybody possibly tell me how you get 5000 minutes and use them in four days? I've talked to everybody that possibly could and now I'm still waiting for corporate to call me back. I find this a bunch of **. I wouldn't recommend. If you had to go go with Net10 and you should just go with Q Link Wireless. At least you have a free minute and then on top of that it's only $15 to make it unlimited phone.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Phone service itself is not terrible but there is NO CUSTOMER service, representatives do not speak English, any question gets transferred at least 4 times. The small print is a BIG PROBLEM and you can easily waste an entire day trying to solve a minor problem!!! This company shows NO thanks to a longtime customer with an excellent payment record... I HATE HATE HATE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've had NET10 for years and I am happy with my service. I tried different prepaid services before and had no luck till I tried NET10. So If you're thinking about getting a track phone, please do your research about what company works best in your area. You can ask around or do it the hard way like I did by trying different companies.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have never had such an awful time with phone service in my life!!! Five replacement phones and none of them work. This one won't even charge!!! It took two weeks to even get the replacement and they won't replace the mobile data that I paid for. If you pay for the service you should at least be able to use the damn phone. I got a bogus tracking number and the ** even hung up on the post office guy when he called to get the real tracking number. I haven't been able to use the service since the sixth and I just got the replacement on the eighteenth. No service days replaced so I'm just out fourth bucks. ** NET10 I'm switching.

NET10 Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

• Best for: NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs