1.23/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

662 NET10 Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

I ordered an Alcatel phone that was labeled a smart phone along with a phone card. The phone took a few weeks to arrive. When it finally did the sim card was not valid. I also realized the phone they sent me was not a true smart phone. I could not link up with Wi-Fi or download any apps. I contacted the company and agreed I would receive a refund if I returned the phone and the airtime card. I had to pay return shipping myself which I did. I also paid to be able to track the package so I know they received it. I waited two weeks and then questioned where my refund was. They said it could take up to three weeks. I have waited two months and received nothing. I will never do business with this company again. They have my money and the phone.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I spent 6 hours on the phone with 6 different customer service reps trying to upgrade to a newer phone in the same network. They each promised it would work except one, that said it couldn't be done. Finally I talked to Camilla who solved the problem in 30 minutes. Lesson learned be persistent and ask for Camilla.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

After 2 years on autopay with the company, we had moved to the country and I had a faint signal. Yet it would work when I traveled to town, one day the phone simply quit receiving signal (March 6th 2019) while in the process of porting over to Verizon Wireless. Today, March 23rd, I was told that I would still have service and an autopay account??? I had to request to cancel autopay. I did, and also asked for the refund or credit for March 14th for the current month, since the 6th was the last time I was able to place the call.

The agent stated that she showed no complaint or call-ins by me and would not refund the current month and became very argumentative. Ultimately, I told her that I would just contact our bank and have it reversed and we did. I explained before the conversation got me angry that I would Blog the crap out of my experience and warn everyone about their behavior and I wanted to keep my word. STAY AWAY FROM NET10 WIRELESS!!! Or at least cancel your autopay way early, they don't care if they earned their money or not from you...

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have been with Net10 for about 8 years now. I have had the worst service since January 2019 than I have had the whole time I've had my phone. It will not make calls half of the time. It will not receive calls half of the time. I'm lucky to get Messenger or text messaging to work occasionally. Do not get Net10. I was very happy with their service up until recently. The reason I stayed with them so long was their service was great everywhere I traveled to. I don't know if they merged or what happened. Their service is worth nothing to me and I will be leaving Net10. I tried to reach customer service. I can't understand them and they cannot understand me. It's a lose-lose situation. I am just done. I give them a one-star because it makes you give them something to do a review. It will not let you give them a minus which is what I feel they deserve at this time.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They send me a hotspot with an unstable signal. It’s eating out my data without me even using it. They offered a Dara refund but haven’t kept their word. I don’t understand why they haven’t refund me the data they said they were going to refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I recently was told by Net10 phone dolts that my fone no longer would work on Net10. I found out that the signal to my area was reduced to almost nothing. Then the phone dolts told me that they would send me a new fone. I received a 5 year old fone that had apps deleted then I found that the minutes I had on my fone, 650 were stolen from me by the Net10 con artists. Time for all of us to start a class action lawsuit. Help fellow Americans from the same con. Viva America.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So I change service after years of service with them to a family plan. Transfer my number on the 12th on Jan 2019 and they say that the autofill I was in charged me 2 hrs before the switch. Still need to go to my bank to confirm if fraud was made. But to see that customer service would not refund or even just reactivate my old phone with a new number so I could use the service I paid for is sad and wouldn't ever recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using Net10 for years now. I have had it so long that I have built up 16600.50 minutes. On December 14 I added the $30.00 plan 60 days of service 300 minutes to find out the man on the phone that took my refill order charged my credit card but didn't add them to my phone. So I called Net10. The girl on the phone tells me my phone was shut off because I didn't pay. It had been taken out of my bank account twice. So I get to talk to a supervisor. She turns it back on but tells me I only have 9000 minutes. I say I'm looking at my phone and it clearly shows 16600.50 minutes left. Well to sum it up I lost 7000 minutes due to the STUPID PEOPLE they have working for them. Was told that I must have added the minutes myself. There is no way I could add minutes without paying for them. 7000 minutes is a lot of money down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have no complaints about the phone service per se - rarely have I had any issues. My beef is with their website/customer service. It's a mess. It took me four hours over two days to purchase a phone from the site (calling customer service is not an option - they were clueless). Also, when I recently tried to log into my account, I was told my password was invalid. I had them send me my password... which still didn't work. It's as if no one hears what you are saying, or they are unable to do the simplest tasks - like resetting a password!! I will have to try customer service/support to get some help, but judging from my other interactions with them, I'm not optimistic.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My elderly mother has been using Net10 for years, it’s simple and cheap for her and she’s not fond of change. She needed a new basic phone for her basic needs, of course I couldn’t find anything on their website, and went looking on Amazon. Found a phone that would work for her, but before I ordered it I contacted Net10 to make sure it would work and that we could transfer her number and existing minutes. “As long as it is a Net10 branded phone, it will work just fine”. HA. Got the phone and called to activate, told “There is a system error call back in 24 hours”. Called back the next day told “The SIM card is showing as defective, return it to where you bought it and get a new one”. Got replacement from Amazon, called again, told: “The SIM card is showing as ‘VOID’, we will send a new one 3-5 days”.

Waited and got new SIM installed and called AGAIN, guy activates the new SIM on the OLD phone without verifying the serial number, even after I told him it was for a new phone that hadn’t been activated yet: told “We need to send another SIM card”. Asked for a supervisor, who after 25 minutes FINALLY acknowledged that it was their mistake that caused the problem (I should mention that at this point the SIM cards in both new and old phones were now void, her phone number and minutes attached to the new phone but without a functional SIM card). I asked if since it was their mistake that caused the problem could they pay to send it overnight as my mother was now effectively without a phone.

The response after another 10 minutes of double talk, and trying to tell me I had to add airtime minutes to the phone in order for her existing minutes and number to be transferred, was that they are only able to send overnight if I paid for it, that it is not possible for them to pay for shipping. I purchased the original phone on 12/26 it is now 1/7 and not only does my mother not have a new phone but she doesn’t have any phone, and they wouldn’t even muster an apology for their screw up, just a simple “Yes we screwed up but it is impossible for us to do anything to make up for it”. Worse customer service in any industry, and THAT is a generous compliment compared to what they deserve.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have been with NET10 for over 10 years because they're cheap. I travel the USA on tours and the wireless service is what you pay for...cheap! But if you go into it with that attitude you'll be okay at that point. HOWEVER, there could actually be a Reality TV Show themed on the customer service interactions and capabilities. The customer service is simply NON-EXISTENT. Oh sure you'll get to try to have a conversation with an individual but you better have your sneakers on because you're gonna be running around in circles for however long you can manage to hang in there until you realize you're not gonna get anywhere and you just wasted that much of your life for nothing. I would've given them less than 1 star except that's not an option.

Now for the products they sell you. If you think you're getting a top quality Samsung or LG device when you purchase from them online, you're NOT. I got a Samsung J7 from an outside retailer and paid over $200 for it. I got the Samsung J7 from Net10 for $99 and it is a cheap imitation and half the phone, hence the price.

Now here's the kicker...less than 30 days after I had gotten my J7 phone from Net10 I had trouble with it connecting to any Bluetooth devices so I contacted customer service and guess what? They won't replace my phone because of such issues. And that was decided after spending time with an agent running through procedures to see if it would connect. So this last time I got the shaft with a runaround. I kept the copied transcript of the service session to back up my review. I'm finally getting off the merry go round and reverting to a landline and answer machine at the house. Ahhh the good ol days of Peace of Mind! The telephone is no longer 75% of my day! What are we thinking?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I kept the NET 10 service for nearly 4 years. Every four to six months they would forget to process my "Automatic" renewal and I would have to call customer service to get it set up again. But it was so cheap I kept using it. This time when they did not process my renewal they deactivated my phone and told me I had to pay a $20 service charge to have it reactivated and that I would lose the 2000 minutes I had built up. I said, "No thank you."

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I got Net10 in 2013. At first, it was easy to refill minutes (I used the pay as you go, rollover plans). The last several times I went to refill minutes on their website. I could not do that. Had to call and burn minutes. This will be my last transaction with Net10. I don't recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have had a NET10 prepaid phone for several years now. However the last several months when I tried to add airtime the website would not work. I had to call the automated system to add time. This time they asked “Do you want to purchase the same plan as last time?” Since I have gotten the same 300 minutes/60days I said yes. What I got was 30 days/500minutes. I called customer no-service and was told “Sorry I can’t do anything about it.“ I feel cheated and when this 30 days is up I’ll find another carrier and it won’t be NET10 or Tracfone. The phone was use was by my wife for emergency only so just need minimum minutes.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

DO NOT USE NET 10 WIRELESS!! The service is so awful. The representatives are rude and the supervisors are disrespectful! I wouldn’t recommend this service to anyone not even my enemy. I was a faithful customer for 4 years. Anytime I encountered a problem no one was helpful with fixing it. I was treated like the gum at the bottom of a shoe. Don’t give these low life cheap service bums a penny. 0 Stars Given!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I purchased a NET10 card for $25.00 for my phone service and was told that it didn't work with my phone. I asked if I could pay the additional $10 to make the plan complete for my smartphone - I was told by X.S. a supervisor to give the card to a friend and purchase another for $35.00 as they do not do give refunds. Never asked for a refund - just to add on to make the amount I was told I needed. Do not use this company. It's a high risk. I lost $25.00.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This company is incompetent and give you nothing but problems and remove your service without cause and takes over a week to correct the problem. I am very disappointed with Net10 and the representatives giving false information.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've had Net10 for years and while it has been frustrating each time I've called and talked to these people in other countries just reading from a screen, this time was the worst. I ordered a new phone 2 weeks ago and received it about 5 days later as expected. It works but the screen is damaged (looks like there is too much pressure on the screen) so there are bright spots in the screen almost as if someone were shining a flashlight through those spots. I called a week ago to report it and was told they'd send me a new phone with instructions for sending back the old phone.

My box arrived today with a return envelope in it but no new phone. I called again, was transferred to management in shipping, who was another person reading from a screen and was told that the customer service rep before should've told me I had to send this one back first and that she could send me a prepaid label on the computer or shipped me one with an envelope in a box and that I had to use that to return my phone before they would ship me out a new one...that they would have inspect the phone and blah blah blah before they would send me a new one (meaning I go without a phone for 2 weeks and then still may not have one). This was not a phone I had used but one that I opened and was damaged right out of the box.

Very frustrating and very very poor customer service. I've been with them for about 10 years and this is my 5th phone with them. I wish other companies could compete with the price because their customer service is awful. They run off of Verizon's network which is great and everything is great unless you have a problem and actually need customer service. Then Net10 sucks!! If I could afford more, I would pay the money for good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Save the hassle and go with a different provider. The customer service is some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I bought the $35 plan and couldn't get it to work on my phone. I tried calling and asking for a refund only to be told that I couldn't get refunded because of the plan I bought. Very sneaky policies. More of a money grabbing scheme than a real company. BE CAREFUL.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I been using Net 10 for almost about 6 months and from the beginning, I have been on the 40.00 4gb plan. It had mobile hotspot on each phone. I transferred the sim too. Fast forward to 8/20/18 no mobile hotspot yet I have 2 and half gigs left. Was about to go out with the family. Both of my special needs children depend on my hotspot on my phone capabilities which are now disabled apparently. I contacted Net 10 to no avail. The customer service agents were dumb as **; the only way I could describe them. They told me that none of their phones offer hotspot?!! I said, "**. I've been using the mobile hotspot on my Samsung J3 for almost 5 or 6 months." So I guess they're trying to call me a liar. Fast forward to today 8/23/18 I'm trying to switch companies. Now they're trying to keep my number with them. What a ** ignorant rip off company. Stay far far away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

When I told him they shouldn’t have false statements with no recovery option for a refund, that THAT was illegal. He said nothing. I said, "Could you at least let me send this nonworking prepay card back to you or deactivate on your end so I can get a partial refund" (and 4 hrs wasted he can’t give me back!). He said “no”. I said “I’m going to have to write a review you know”. He said “ok.” I said “I’m sure the owners won’t be pleased with this call.” He said “ok, have a nice day and hung up!”

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I used to purchase these cards at local stores, because Walmart stores, where I initially purchased the Net10 (LG) phone, are illegal in my city, for some reason. This month, I do not see the cards on display at the local CVS, Ralphs, Safeway, or Vons; I do not see an empty place for sold-out condition. The Net10 website however, still lists those same stores as carrying the Net10 products (minutes cards). What does the "unlimited" part truly mean, if one cannot get the product - anymore.

Original review: July 30, 2018

First, the good. Net10 is a reseller of service on the major carrier networks. They are one of the very few sites that actually does 'bring your own device' well; their SIM cards are cheap and almost every phone is supported one way or another. In most cases, transferring a number to their service is smooth and easy. Prices are reasonable, coverage in my area was excellent and for the most part the service was good.

The bad: Their website will be online but unable to accept logins for hours at a time. Their uptime stats surely look great, but what good is a site you can't use? It took me three days of trying at various times of day to successfully log into the site so I could transfer my number. The first time I tried to set up service with them, a website error caused my card to be charged three times. It took a couple of days to get the charges reversed. (Note: this was not an authorization, this was an actual charge.)

The ugly: Customer support is utterly powerless. Every word of every interaction is 100% scripted. There are two levels: the person that answers the phone and their supervisor. That's it. If the supervisor does not have a script to solve your problem then your problem does not get solved. My complaint: When my phone number was transferred to Net10, the agent entered the wrong zip code for that line. I didn't catch this at first because I had an old phone with a Verizon SIM and everything worked. I got a new phone with AT&T support, ordered a new SIM and tried to activate. Enter the twilight zone.

The zip code entered by the agent was in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska. (I live on the East Coast and have an area code that is appropriate for my zip code.) In this middle-of-nowhere zip code the only available carrier is Verizon. Because AT&T does not provide service in this wrongly-entered zip code, Net10 refused to activate my new phone with my AT&T compatible SIM. I have two other lines with Net10 (all living in the same house) using AT&T compatible SIMs; they work just fine.

Thinking this would be an easy fix, I began my two-week odyssey of attempting to correct this data entry mistake. Unsuccessfully. Every single agent and supervisor I spoke to or chatted with online gave me the exact same word for word scripted response: "We can change your zip code, but you will be given a new phone number. It is not possible to change your zip code without changing your phone number." I spent a cumulative total of about eight hours on the phone with support. I tried weekdays, weekends, mornings, evenings, hoping against hope that someone in their faceless drone-mill of a support facility might have a clue. Alas, it was not to be.

I was able to clarify with one supervisor that this restriction is baked into their customer management software. There is no rule, regulation or law that prevented them from fixing this problem other than their own internal software system's idiot-proofing. Every single supervisor told me that there was nobody above them and definitely nobody that could fix a database field without also forcing me to get a new number. Heaven help them if their system is ever corrupted or hit by a virus because apparently there is not a soul in their department that could fix the resulting mess. Long story short, Net10 is a gamble. If everything goes perfectly then you will probably be happy with their service. If anything ever goes wrong or gets the least bit complicated, start looking for another provider.

Original review: July 14, 2018

The NET10 folks have blocked my ability to login. I had over 4700 minutes. They have now said that my phone is no longer part of their network. I have days left. To save my number, I have had to move to a new wireless service. As a result I have lost all my minutes. Nobody in customer service knows how to solve this problem.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Net10 solicited a review from me so I provided an honest review based on my experience with them. See their answer and the review below. "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Thanks again, NET10Wireless."

MY REVIEW: Terrible Customer Service. I purchased the Net10 Sim Card and plan over the internet. I received an email indicating my purchase and that I would receive an email once shipped. I never received that email and within a couple of hours after purchase the charge had gone through my credit card. I decided to cancel my order, so I called. After explaining what happened to the customer service representative, repeatedly I might add, I was told it had already been processed and I would just need to refuse shipment and once returned I would receive my refund. I tracked the return and called Net10 two days later to ask where my refund was.

They indicated it would take 30 days before I would see it. I asked why they could charge my account within two hours after ordering it, but it would take them 30 days to receive my refund after they had received my return. I would not recommend Net10 because of this policy and the customer service is terrible. I just hope I see my refund, in a month.

Original review: June 17, 2018

It is a pay as you go service. And I usually purchase the service every other month. It has worked flawlessly all over the USA.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Net10 has decent phone service at a good price. I'm on bring your own phone plan with auto pay. I receive 8 gigs high speed data for $50.03 with taxes. Can't match it let alone beat it. Because they subcontract through other carriers, some options are unavailable e.g. I cannot hotspot. The biggest downside is when I must interact with customer service. I have been a customer for about 13 years, and the customer service literally stinks. Reps are under trained, uninformed, incompetent, and as an English speaking person, the accents of most reps make it hard to understand. I recently installed their mobile app in hopes of eliminating the need to interact with customer support, but after a week of trying, they can't even get the data usage set properly. Poorest customer service I have ever dealt with. PERIOD! If they would improve that, they would make a lot more money.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I will never use Net 10 again. Lousy network. Lousy customer service. Trying to activate new phone. After almost 2 hours on the phone, the rep asked what my name was. That was the last straw. Whatever you do, don't use Net 10.

Original review: May 2, 2018

For ten years I have purchased the 60 day, 300 minute plan. Last month the website autobot enrolled me in 500 minutes and only 30 days of service. After three calls on three separate occasions trying to fix this I was told that they could not extend my service the extra 30 days that I had paid for. After talking to two supervisors I was told that I could not have the extra 30 days added. Just a simple No Can Do. I asked if having a customer for ten years made any difference and was told no. Ten years ago this was a great deal. Today, I wouldn`t recommend it to my worst enemy. All the customer service is in a third world country that is almost impossible to understand if you can even get to a live person.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Added a phone card to phone, card said 300 mins. 60 days. Phone had accumulated 5000, they are to be carried over. When card activated 4800 mins. deleted and only added 30 days to phone. After 1 hr. on phone got the other 30 days added but still lost 4800 mins. Had to call twice to get someone I could understand.

NET10 Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

• Best for: NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs