1.23/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

NET10 Wireless Reviews

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I've been with Net10 for ten years, and up until the past 2 years or so, they were great. However, now, practically everything about their service is bad, with the only exception being voice calling. My text messaging works sometimes, and group messaging not at all. I can sometimes send pictures or receive pictures, but mostly it doesn't work. Customer service, though they've been polite to me, have not been helpful or offer an impossible solution, like sending my phone for a two week turn around; or calling from another phone.

This company not only does not value me as a customer; it is unscrupulous in its intentional lackluster service and does not have even a modicum of integrity for its shoddy service. I agree with the earlier comment that Net10 should be penalized for their blatant inferior services or at the least, forced to take responsibility. It's a shame, that a company that was such a great, budget friendly alternative 10 years ago, has come to this. But it is, what it is. Unless you are willing to experience a whole lot of frustration, steer clear of Net10.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

They got me too, for 25$. We need to start a lawsuit against them to get our money back as well as a petition to get them shut down to stop this from happening!!! Biggest ripoff company "if you can call it that" that I have ever dealt with!!! Pissed and I’ll go without a phone before I give them another dime!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have signed up for the auto refill on this site. Today thought I'd check it out, confirm next refill date, etc. And found a surprise. The site states that they are updating network in my area which is why my current phone will no longer work and can't be reactivated. The reference to the link to See Phones doesn't work. Mind you, had I not checked in today, would have never known as I am on auto refill. Imagine my phone goes dead and all I could do would be wondering why. The company running this site doesn't care. They have all my info, email address, of course phone number, but didn't bother to notify me of such an event. Contacting customer service is next to impossible. All you get is a dummy (robot) response. Will be looking for the greener pastures. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. There are better places.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

On Oct 9, 2019 (Wednesday) I bought a new phone from another company and they transferred my phone number. I thought they also cancelled my account with Net10, but that did not happen. Funny you would think that when another company starts using the same phone number something would show up, but anywho. On October 14, 2019 I checked my Net10 to finish transferring my phone list and deleting pictures etc and I noticed that I still had service, so I called and cancelled the service. Net10 took the money by auto pay on the 13th. I figured that since they took it on Sunday and I cancelled on Monday I would get a refund.

My Mistake, when I called today October 16, 2019 to see when I might expect to see my refund I was told there would NOT be a refund, that after the payment is taken by auto pay there can NEVER be a refund. So basically I was told that for One (1) day of service that I paid $35.86... There would not be a refund no matter how many supervisors I talked to and would I like to take a survey? You know what the can do with their survey. They do not care if you are not happy, they have your money and will not give it back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Dealing with this company is a nightmare. They operate like a racket. It’s as though the company must’ve received preferential small business loans and treatment when it contracted with other major carriers to be able to use their towers. That’s the only way I can see this company reaching the point it’s at now. It’s evident that the company employs many people outside the U.S. Furthermore, it’s evident why. This company pays pittance to its employees and gets unacceptable work. The way this company messes up everything should be illegal. Furthermore, it doesn’t matter how high up the chain-of-command one goes; the service doesn’t get any better.

I’ve had an issue since June of 2019. I checked their website and saw that a special was running for purchasing the 8-gigabyte plan. I called the company and spoke to a sales representative and purchased that plan. The representative informed me that the plan is $40 monthly. However, those enrolled in autopay save $4 on their monthly bills. So, for them, it’s $36 monthly.

Currently, I pay $35 monthly for the 4-gigabyte plan—despite being enrolled in autopay. So, I agreed to the upgrade. I told the representative that I wanted to be placed in autopay for the 8-gigabyte plan. I thought the transaction was resolved. However, this was just the beginning of dealing with Net10’s incompetence. July of 2019, I found out that I was once again back on the 4-gigabyte plan. Apparently, despite my calling to upgrade my plan, the sales representative only paused my 4-gigabyte plan while he enrolled me into the 8-gigabyte plan. In July, the 4-gigabyte plan resumed. So, in June of 2019, I paid for 2 plans.

Now, in July of 2019, I called and eventually was transferred to a supervisor because the customer service representative refused to comprehend what I was saying—regarding the aforementioned outlined in this post. So, after explaining myself to the supervisor, he placed me in the 8-gigabyte plan and allegedly made a note to subtract $10 from my bill in August of 2019. This is because I actually paid $40 for the 8-gigabyte plan in July of 2019—despite being enrolled in autopay. So, now, the company owed me the difference in the discount that I was entitled to.

Now, in August of 2019, I went out of the country for 2 weeks. I got back near the end of the month. In September of 2019, I was busy. However, in October of 2019, I bought another phone and ported my number to my new phone. I also installed some applications on my phone. One of the applications was “My Account.” Through “My Account,” I found out that I was once again placed on the 4-gigabyte plan. So, now, I decided to call corporate. First, the manager at corporate clearly didn’t read all of the notes of my account because I had to explain to her 4 times what I’ve detailed in this post. This causes me to believe that the notes that were allegedly made on my account weren’t actually made.

By the way, at this point, I asked for compensation of some form—due to the continuous issues I’ve been going through with this company. I was told that she couldn’t offer me anything. This I won’t accept. I’m owed a credit, and I want my credit. This company has continuously mishandled my account since June of 2019. My time is valuable. So, I’m going to be compensated for it. What will you be offering?

Backtracking a bit, while speaking to this corporate manager, she offered to make my upgrade go into effect immediately. However, I’ve already paid my bill for October of 2019. So, I would’ve been paying twice again. Thus, the upgrade, allegedly, goes into effect in November of 2019. Also, while I was talking to the corporate manager, she told me that there weren’t any notes of my account detailing that I requested to cancel my 4-gigabyte plan when I called to upgrade to the 8-gigabyte plan. When I questioned her on why would I want to keep both, she didn’t have an answer. I told her that was another slip-up of Net10’s employees.

Furthermore, it should be common sense that when I called to upgrade to the 8-gigabyte plan, I didn’t want to keep the 4-gigabyte plan. I shouldn’t have to explain that. However, I did inform the sales representative in June of 2019 of this. I also told the supervisor in July of 2019 of this. Anyway, Net10, how are you going to rectify this situation?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Scam, Scam, Scam >>>First, they left you without Internet last 2 or 3 days of your next payment, so they make you buy more internet access! So moving to another company. They did not transfer and let my personal number release until they make sure they charge me a new month payment, they give you excuses to keep you and charge you and no money back and no refund! They told me that I was inform wrong from another employee and nobody knows! Refund department is to really steal your $$$! They did it to my wife last July 2019 and now they did the same to me. Since Friday wait, wait, wait until today Tuesday they finally release my number to T-Mobile and no refund. Charge me the same. Friday when I ask to release my personal Number!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This site is a scam. I have been with these people since 2008. Ran out of data 8/23/2019. Had the 35 unlimited plan. Purchase the 40 dollar plan with 8 gbs of data same day only to find out I’m out of data by 9/4/2019.. Called Net10 to see why my data is going fast like that and they blamed me and said because I used it all.. My phone is a work phone and I use it the same everyday. I have never ran out of data that quick in the 11 years I have been with net10! I asked for them to prove to me that I used that much data that quickly and the rep said they cannot. He said that they have proof and can see I used it all but they can't give me the proof or show me the proof. Scam company and I will never use net10 again. I will be contacting a lawyer and plan to sue them for false advertisement and scam service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I called the company to see if they would replace my phone since it was defective. They said they would. I thought they sent me a replacement phone, but it was only packaging for me to send my phone back to them. I called them to ask where the replacement phone was and they said I had to send mine back to them first. Even though many features on the phone did not work I could still get a call. I contacted them and asked that I get the replacement phone so I could set it up and not miss important calls. I assured them I would send them the defective phone. I pleaded with them and they did not care at all. When the phone died completely, I sent it back as they requested and they had told me they would send me a replacement. I sent it back at the end of July 2019.

Fed Ex shows that they signed and received it July 31, 2019. It is now almost a month later August 27, 2019 and I have not received the replacement. I have to think they stole my phone under false pretenses of giving me a replacement. Interesting how they can send me only packaging to send the defective phone back in just a few days. They can get my package with my phone and charger within a week, but cannot give me a replacement within the month. What am I supposed to think. Right now it seems that the company stole my phone with false pretenses of sending me a replacement, so they can refurbish the old phone and sell it. It has been a month and no replacement. I will be contacting the company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I cancelled my account 2 years ago. I started getting monthly charges again 15 months ago. My timeline is approximate because I am unsure of exact dates. I was unable to get help from the company. They said because I did not know the phone number or serial number they couldn't help! I don't have the phone!!! Customer service was hard to understand and kept asking for phone or serial number. I started disputing with procedures with my credit card company. They tried to speak with the Net10 customer service and were told the same info. I have now put 4 disputes in with a total of 12 monthly charges to be refunded. The credit card company resolves it in my favor but Net10 keeps charging me. They have my card number and personal info. They have to be able to look me up somehow!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was fine with Net10 AT&T for about a year but got tired of the signal. Recently very weak. I don't know if people call me when there's not even a bar. There a cell phone tower from my apt just half a mile away. It should actually help. Even when I go outside I don't get any more than 3 bars. Sure it's enough. Four full bars is what I always expect to have and for $22 a month? Yeah that's what you get. Gonna give Verizon a try. Customer service tell me I gotta buy a new SIM card. Bought 3 already. I give up. If you want better coverage, signal and speed go with the original carriers AT&T OR VERIZON. T-MOBILE IS GOOD TOO...why? Because third party carriers kinda suck! Even on their same tower! Really. We all want good cheap stuff in life but if you want quality gotta pay extra for it.

NET10 Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

• Best for: NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs