1.55/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

NET10 Wireless

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 7, 2018

625 NET10 Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Alcatel phone broke. Contacted Net10 for new phone. Told we don't have any request. I contact a Net10 retailer like WalMart. WalMart no longer sells Net10. I contacted 14 Net10 retailers recommended on Net10 website. Each told me they no longer sell Net10 phones. Net10 pushes their problem off to retailers to resolve but doesn't mention they are no longer Net10 retailers. Customer buys Net10 prepaid carry forward minute cards. But If your phone dies and Net10 can't replace the phone you lose prepaid loaded minutes plus minutes on cards purchased that are not yet loaded into your phone. I've communicated three times with Net10 staff. They are not knowledgeable, friendly or professional. Net 10 customer since 2009. They are forcing me to switch companies hoping we will move to TracFone. No way I'll do business with their new owner TracFone.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought a refurbished hotspot with a $50, 5GB data plan. The hotspot did not work outside of the box. The Net10 website yielded an error trying activate it. The website yielded an error trying to create an account. I spent 2 hours with customer service getting transferred to different departments. The last representative opened a technical support ticket and told me to call in two days. I called in two days, and they said the ticket had been resolved, but my hotspot was still unable to activate. Fast forward another hour, and a very helpful representative (roughly the 10th I talked to) got it activated.

I set up my computer and manually throttled the data to preserve the data plan. Yet three days later, the hotspot stopped working. I called and spoke to 3 representatives before they informed me I used all 5GB of my data. Maybe I left an app running in the background, I thought. However, I checked my WIFI usage from my computer, and it reports 1GB usage. She told me I should put a password on the hotspot to prevent others from using it, but that's exactly what I did. Bottom line, Net10 charged me $70 to talk with customer service 3 hours and only honored 1GB of their 5GB promise. I was satisfied with my Net10 phone 10 years ago, but this company is bottom of the bin now.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Dec 2017 Had 2 cards in online account "airtime reserve" - both $50.00 Unlimited talk, text & 8GB of DATA. My service ended 01/01/2018 - they pulled (automatically) 1 of those cards so service end date = 1/31/18. However on Jan 02, 2018 they pulled the 2nd card and added service end date of 02/01/2018. So, I paid 50 for one day of service?! When I had paid service in reserve through 03/02/2018. They STOLE that second reserve card and now tell me, “No, we checked your account that extra reserve card you are using, there is only service through 02/01 - no reserve card.” I say, “You pulled 2 cards for one month (30 days).” They now fight with me wanting card pin and yadda yadda - I threw them out being they were safe and sound online. They pulled the correct card on 01/01 but why are you taking another card from me on 01/02... BS FCC no help and out 50 bucks...

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I was sent the wrong phone. I ordered a similar phone but with the 5" screen and was sent the sister phone with the 4" screen. When I contacted Net10 they were willing to replace the phone with me paying a additional service card for 35.00. Even after explaining to them that I do not have an additional 35.00 they insisted that was the only way they would replace my phone with the phone I ordered. Therefore I will not be continuing service with them. I should of went with all the reviews about this company but I didn't. Instead I took a chance and now I regret it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

NET10 claims to give money back for signing up on the auto-pay, but they don't. My account was $35.00. I was suppose to pay $31.50. I ended up paying $35.62. I asked for an itemized breakdown of where all the extra was going, but never got one. Can't all be taxes. I am with another company now and my plan is $15.00. I paid $15.31.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have been a Net10 customer for years now but am getting tired of the lack of Customer Service from this company. I always use a prepaid card for service which goes through an automated phone line. I always put into "Reserve" my next months payment. This time I sneezed while answering questions that automatically cancelled my minutes and added the new plan on early, a month early. I spent 120 minutes on the phone waiting for customer service to correct this, they refused to do so. They stated that I had done this intentionally on my end of the line and they refused to assist me in correcting this. Terrible Customer Service and even now they don't care what people write about them. Yes we get what we pay for, but we need a company out there that wants our long term business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have had NET10 for years. My bill is never wrong, I now use a bring your own phone- and have unlimited talk text and data for 45.00 a month. If you have the payments taken out of your account automatically every month you save $5. The way bring your own phone works is that you can either be on GSM or CDMA networks. In the US, Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

When I first switched over to a smartphone I bought a phone that was not compatible with AT&T which I did not know. I had always gotten great reception with my Net10 phone and all of a sudden I was getting horrible reception so when I called Net10 she said, "Well you were on the AT&T network before" and I said, "Well put me back on the AT&T network, because the Sprint network I'm not getting a signal when I'm at home." She said the phone I had bought was not compatible with AT&T and that's the first I had heard that there was a difference in networks and phones. I went out and bought a compatible AT&T phone and my phone problem was solved! Even though it's unlimited data if I go over 10 GB's they will slow down my data to 3g. I have never used that much... Ever.

If you have trouble texting or sending messages a simple Google search shows APN settings all over the internet. I one time sent a tweet telling them that my mom's new phone was having a hard time receiving picture messages. They quickly gave me an APN setting to try which worked like a charm! It can be frustrating calling customer service and lengthy. Which is why I took one star. But I have people in my family that pay over $110 a month for AT&T And when I try to tell them, I have AT&T also they say no. It's different... umm. No it's not.

Well what do you think? AT&T sends a signal down from the satellite, and says, "Oh that user is a reselling data from Net10. Let's screw her signal up???" So why would you pay over double what I pay for Less service than I get... I currently use a Moto G4 Plus. I paid $150 for it & I own it. If I get another phone I don't have to re-set it up with Net10. I just simply switch my SIM card into another phone and I'm done. I'm happy with Net10. They now have even cheaper plans than the $45.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Their website states "Collect 18 Upgrade Points, and you'll be eligible for up to a $300 Phone Upgrade Discount you can use towards the phone of your dreams." What they don't tell you. The plans that earn you points don't actually go towards the upgrade points.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had decent service up until Nov 2017. I ordered a new phone off of their website. The same phone I had because I dislike complications. The phone wasn’t shipped on time, but it gets even better. The address on their order form was wrong. It had an extra number in it that would send the driver into a field. The address doesn’t exist. I called to tell them this and after several transfers, I am supposed to contact FedEx. They didn’t give me the tracking number. I have to go back online and get that little nugget of info. I show up to pick my phone up from FedEx and they say they can’t allow that because of a restriction net10 puts on its shipments.

The package HAS to go to that address and be signed for. So... The phone can't be delivered to the right address... And I can’t even pick it up? The mobile device that gets me work is in purgatory. How do you win at this Net10? No one wins except you smile and keep my $50 for the phone I bought and will never see. But I get the last laugh because I can’t pay you that $50 every month anymore WITHOUT THE PHONE! Insanity's definition to the T. Upon having a colorful conversation with an agent at Net10 over this whole dilemma the agent got pissed and turned off the authentication service of my phone.

How quaint and Millennial-ish. I had to be issued a new number by a competent agent. This whole mess took five years off my life tonight. Even if the phone gets magically brought to my doorstep, I’m never here to sign for it. And who the hell has the time to sit around waiting on FedEx driver who may or may not show up? Go America, keep it classy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ported my number over from another mobile service on 11-09-2017. They posted all over the internet boasted double data for all new customers. I was thinking this was a decent and honest company. This has been a ridiculous nightmare. They bounce you around and the service people know nothing about NET10. NET10 will not honor their ad. You will be disappointed. There are many mobile services that offer a decent product and have a helpful customer service. You may be the fortunate one that has a success story but not me. I will be changing at the end of service date.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I started off with a NET10 phone... It was pretty awful. So then I did a network unlock for an iPhone 6s, bought the BYOP (bring your own phone) activation kit (which includes a SIM card). Was a bit of a hassle getting it to work... but it did eventually and it worked well for about 6 months. About 10 days ago (11/7/17) I logged into my NET10 account because it had been a while, it seemed, since I was notified to renew my data plan. It said I hadn’t been active since September. Strange considering I was still able to make calls, text, and use data. Then when I logged back into the account it said I had service until 11/27/17. But suddenly my phone said “no service.” Couldn’t make calls, texts, data - nothing. Chatted online with NET10 representatives for over 2 hours. I was told that the phone connected with the IMEI number I gave them does not take a SIM card and the phone number I gave them was not active. Not true!

I explained to them that it absolutely does (take a SIM card) because I ordered the SIM card and bring your own phone activation kit from them months ago and it had been working just fine (with the phone number I provided) up until then. After arguing about this for quite some time and them not understanding me, someone finally told me that the Sim card I had bought had expired. I asked them how that could’ve possibly happened. They replied, “by not using it for quite some time.” Then as my head was about to explode, I explained to them that yes I have been using the same Sim card in the same phone with the same phone number for the past six months. They told me they could send me a replacement Sim card but it would take 5 to 7 days. I told them that I could not be without my phone for that long as I have young children and I use my phone for work. They told me they could absolutely not overnight it, they were not able to do that.

At this point I was very frustrated and told them that if they could not overnight it I was going to go with a different carrier. Their response? “We respect your decision. Do you have anymore questions?” I was flabbergasted and asked to speak to a supervisor. I got disconnected. Eventually I was able to connect to another chat representative and after going over the same thing for an hour was informed if I just bought a new SIM card (instead of being issued a replacement) it could be overnighted. Ok, great! I told them “geez we could have saved a lot of time.” It didn’t come overnight. When I actually called a representative and asked why I hadn’t received it, they told me that Sim cards don’t qualify for overnight shipping, only if you’re ordering a new phone. Well that was a lie considering I had proof and a billing statement that said otherwise. “SIM card -.99 (FedEx overnight).”

It came a couple days later however I was not home, and the way they ship it, you have to be present to sign for it (it’s a $.99 SIM card!). I work during the day so it’s kind of impossible for me to take several days off sitting around waiting for FedEx to show up at my door. So he came twice more and I was not home. Undeliverable at that point so it was being shipped back to the company. At this point I couldn’t wait anymore so I ordered another one and had it shipped to my place of employment. Once I got the Sim card and tried to activate it with my iPhone, I found out that my original NET10 crappy phone was the phone that the number was associated with which makes no sense since I hadn’t used that phone in six months and had been using the iPhone the entire time. Eventually I got it all fixed (after another hour on the phone) but please save yourself the time, energy, and headache.

I still have no clue how that phone number and all that crap was connected to a phone that has been inactive for over six months. I would guess that I spent at least six hours trying to figure this stuff out. Not only did I not have a phone for a week and a half I had to deal with very rude and uninformed staff. Sure when you have service it’s decent. But if you have any problems at all, which most likely will be due to errors on their part, you’re going to be screwed.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have been dealing with Net10 Prepaid monthly Wireless Phone Service now for approximately 1.5 years after dumping Verizon back then for reneging on their Unlimited Talk-Text-Data $50 a month prepaid plan, and force dumping me into a $35 a month prepaid Limited 500mb Data (Internet) loser plan that was–in their mindset–supposedly saving me money! SURE! All it did was wipe out my Unlimited (Internet) Data part that I had prior. There's that Money Pit word DATA again. Btw–the same day I switched over to Net10–Verizon sends me a text MSG offering me yet another one of their supposed money saving plans with even LESS Data. Sound familiar? It should - as today you only get what you PSY for, and it ain't much at all. lol.

At the same time they (Verizon) also started EOL'ing all my standard Yahoo email, etc. (email site links) - news sites & sports related site links making my old flip-cellphone all but dead other than to just make calls and send a text MSG at best. Prior to the Verizon flip-cell I just had a basic $10 Trac El-cheap cellphone while I moved cross-country, and then dumped Trac as their stupid 10 cents, or even 5 cents a min (double mins) $20/40 refill cards were a joke! So were their CS idiots in India no less, as Trac was based out of Boston some 7+ yrs ago, and outsourced to India no less.

When I got connected there one time to remedy some wrongfully mischarged mins on my cell the rude (supposedly a Mgr) guy on the other end answered the call-forward yawning as though he just woke up from a nap on his porch no less. Poor English - couldn't even understand him, and then he placed me on hold for something like 20-25 minutes having to talk to a supervisor no less. Mgr? What Mgr? What a joke! Sound familiar?

So fast forward to the present day Net10 nightmare - lol. In that now present day 1.5 yrs of using NET10 airtime I have found it way past very frustrating trying to deal with the illiterate poorly English speaking nitwit Net10 Independent Contractor type people over there in the Philippines being paid $1 a call that just keep reading off of a stupid "cheat-sheet" via a cellphone & cheap laptop to connect themselves to wherever it is that their MAIN Net 10 Corp Office actually is located & outsourced call ctr wise to. AND forget the facts of all the corruption that the Philippines are having present day, and WHERE all your private personal info is being stored server wise? Kinda scary huh? You bet!

I once was even dumped into Columbia somewhere by a Walmart Corp CS agent named Steven telling me I was on a 3-way call into Net10 Corp Office in Miami. Boy - talk about rotted fish stinking! This goes beyond a rotting corpse of any kind. Stinks to the High Heaven, and then some! Forget the constant being placed on hold annoyances for up to 30 mins sometimes–if you are even stupid enough to fall for that STALL, as those are just STALLS while they supposedly talk to a Higher Up person who is even dumber than they are. Supervisors? What supervisors? Tech support? What tech support? They don't even know what a server is! Whatta joke.

When all else fails and you demand to speak with CORP CS guess where you get dumped next? Wanna take a guess? Why they keep saying Miami, FL is anyone's guess. Sounds good on paper anyway - lmao here - whatta joke! All their 800 #'s are dumped there into the Philippines including that 2368 # as well. Doral, FL is where they ship their (your) broken phones to/from & ship you your supposedly factory refurb replacement, but my guess is that that too is just a POB address and nothing more. Like someone in a BBB or CPSC or FTC or FCC complaint site forum stated - Net10 (and all the other Trac cellphone wireless providers under its roof) just sells factory blems & refurbs at best. Walmart is one of their biggest Dumping sites to date! There are now 6 or 7 I believe it is Trac branded sister companies under Trac, and even the Walmart Family brand is now said to be under Trac's roof as well. Mmmm?

That Walmart Family part is now very disturbing, as that is where all my Net10 problems started. Walmart that is, and I caught them red-handed with their pants down! That was right after dumping Verizon and then buying that 2G LG306G cellphone from Walmart that they were helping to dump–unbeknown to me at that time. I found out within less than 2 mths that that LG306G had the worst signal reception once 2 feet inside most bldg's, and when I contacted LG CORP TECH SUPPORT directly they told me that that model was EOL and NON-supported for over a year and a half, and yet Walmart was still dumping it on consumers to rid their warehouse stock. Talk about scams! Forget those supposedly brand new boxed Walmart Net10 cells that they are helping Net10 to dump on the USA marketplace for fact.

When I filed a direct complaint at Walmart Corp - guess what? ** hit the fan and they had to replace & upgrade my defunct 306G with a brand new LG Rebel at NO CHARGE. Overnight all those LG306G cells disappeared - wow. I guess that says it all right there huh? There's more... that supposed brand new LG Rebel's speaker crapped out in less than 2 mths leaving me with a useless cellphone yet again. Back to Walmart and yet another free Rebel replacement. What a hassle & PITA!

SO - in going through Net10 warranty replacement on that bad speaker Rebel cell replacement - that took 3 tries & rejects lasting over 3 mths because they tried dumping factory blems on me with major factory defects like a.5mm misaligned face glass matrix for one. Then 2 more damaged shipment boxes that I rejected until I got the 4th box and Rebel in satisfactory condition. What a dragged out fiasco that was! To make matters worse that factory refurb replacement Rebel that was wording so well just had the touch display digitizer chip part freeze up me 3 weeks ago. Bummer!

Now it has to be replaced still under their warranty thank God, but having to reset up all my settings, contacts, and lost internet Favs is another PITA. No thanks to the Net10 dummies that kept getting my unlimited airtime set up on this factory refurb replacement Rebel wrong. Now they are cheating me out of my 2G speed on this 4G Rebel just because I can use a $35 card instead of a $40 card. What next? I am so done with these CLOWNS at Net10, and will be looking into T-mobile. Oh, and btw - Walmart now will not help you anymore transfer your old cell to new cellphone that they will sell you. You buy it and you are on your own doing the transfer and # port part. Good luck on that - esp with the dummies at Trac and Net10 being all - ONE IN THE SAME NITWITS THERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. Walmart won't even let you use their 800 store line anymore! What does that tell you?

These supposed Net10 people that are all located in the Philippines that keep calling themselves Tech Support and Corporate Office customer service - well they all are a joke and nothing more than 1 call forwarded center that just auto-dials these Independent Contractor nitwits at their houses there that sign up to work from their home with no security clearances at all is my firm belief. Neither of these exist with Net10 today! Anybody from Net10 tells you this they are complete liars.

I will be filing a major complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the CPSC, the FCC, and the FTC, and I would recommend that you do the same as for anyone having any kind of problems with no resolution from Net10. We as a country here in the USA need to put Net10 & TracFone, and any other under the roof subsidiaries of TracFone out of business permanently as they are nothing but fraud, scams, and rip-offs. I even had one of their people over in the Philippines try to tell me that I have to buy more Data 5 days before my Unlimited Talk - Text, and Data 30-day plan expired. If that's not fraud and a scam then I don't know what is. Good luck to all out there using Net10 - you will need it.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have used NET10 for almost ten years. I have saved over all of the other companies. I spend 50$ a month and get 8gigs of high speed perfect for me. I can spend all the time I want playing games.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I got a 1000 min card then found out they don't work with a smart phone which it does not say on back. They told me I'd have to buy at least a 35.00 card and suck up the 25 nonrefundable. Plus the heavy accent barely understood her. I'm not using them ever again. There are better plans from better companies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I had them port from a VOIP type line (Republic Wireless), so it took longer than normal to get my phone working, and I also gave them the wrong PIN for the transfer, adding to the delay. Customer service was responsive, they took me through my problem step by step and escalated me once. They even gave me a number and extension to call back if I had any more problems.

One issue I had was setting up MMS. Don't use Net10's texted recommendations, just search your carrier (e.g. AT&T) and MMS APN settings and you should find some help on the internet. A lot of these negative reviews seem to be focused on the phones provided on their site - I can't speak to this as I "BYOD'd" with a Moto phone. I've always used these phones and love 'em, and you can buy them directly from Motorola. I chose Net10 because they were running a double data special, offering a really good deal on 4GB/mo, especially with their autopay discounts. I like figuring out tech stuff, so the MMS stuff didn't bother me. I'd recommend them if you aren't scared to dig into Android's settings and consult Google if confused.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

So I went as usual (*4year customer) to the local Family Dollar to get a phone card for my daughter, the $35 cards were not available, but they had other cards for Net10 Wireless. Looked the same. I was excited to find out I can choose $10, $20 or $30! Sign me up! :) But my excitement would be a lessons learned, $20 bucks donated to Net 10!!! (I grab what's called a "Hot Spot" card and Not a monthly plan card! Had no idea. Looked exactly the same.) Came home to add it to her service to only find out. (*hotspot, allows you to share internet with others! Say what! Never ever heard of it... Dogs have hotspots.). I have been with Net10 Wireless for well over 4 years now.

I was on phone for over hour. They would not transfer/credit the $20 that I paid and allow me to (*for a card that I cannot use or need! Their company policy-) pay the difference. Net10 blamed The Family Dollar. "They know what it covers etc." --When @Family Dollar, I noted to cashier there's no $35 cards but this is good says Net10 same thing. And Wow, I can do $20 bucks instead of $35. Let's do it... And figured they'd changed the cards again, No big deal, So I thought! (Side note... Once you purchase a phone card from FAMILY DOLLAR they also will Not give you a refund!). NET10 says, AIRTIME CARDS ARE NONREFUNDABLE!!! This is company policy and could only charge me the original $35, then add the $20 to be use for hot spots but can't credit my account and allow me to add $15 so my daughter could use her phone...

I explained what I needed, I talk to 6 different people, one was a total jerk to me. His name was Max **... He Questioned me!!! "Did I ask us... about this card". Sure I called you!!! SERIOUSLY! WOW! Why do they sell them at stores if we need to call? HE couldn't crediting anything and questioned whom told me this, I said the second person I've spoken to! You're number 3... And said "No one can help you here!... Goodbye!" This is disturbing and Pathetic customer service and Companies policy. Regarding someone's honest mistake. They have $20 and refuse to help make this right and keep my business...

To any and all future customers, please learn from my mistake. I recommend just calling them directly to add AIRTIME. Otherwise you'll be like me, Donating to Net10!!! Going forward, I feel that Net10 no longer wishes to provide me outstanding service. They're choosing to Treat me unfair in this situation, the lack of care and respect shown! Yes, I made a donation today, don't be like me. This is a bad way to do business and Net10 has made its choice with its policies. To not try to fix this is unreasonable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The type of re-sellers of cell air and data that NET10 operates has been a decent option - much less than the branded companies and their big monthly bills. Not anymore - NET10 has shifted gears to a bait and switch business model - promise "this or that" like DOUBLE DATA and then... Greed lies and customer service reps with ENGLISH as a seventh language!!! Go with T-Mobile or other REAL company - they have dropped their plan rates by half. NET10 - soon to join ENRON, and the dodo bird...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Net 10 is a horrible cell phone company. They took away my minutes. Took 3 weeks to get my simple card. Now I need a extension for 2 days. I'm in a wheelchair. My mom has a heart condition and I am on disability. I would not recommend Net 10 to my worst enemy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

So my phone I bought three months ago stopped working. The screen turned completely White so I called the company and I bought a new phone. The new phone had nothing wrong with it other than when they activated it and put minutes on it which was $40 worth of minutes which should have been unlimited. It told me that I could not make a call because there was no network available. I've called the company multiple different times about the issue. I reset my phone multiple different times for the issue. I call the company again. They said that they were going to send me a box. I waited 3 weeks for them to send me a box then I called the company back. “No box came,” I said. They said there was never a box that I didn't qualify for a new phone.

After putting so much money into their company you would think they make the company make it right. They do not make it right. They just told me that I didn't qualify for a new phone. No one from the company. Hey so I turned around and found my old phone that I had from last year which is a flip phone. They couldn't put that. They told me they couldn't put the minutes a $40 onto the phone for unlimited talk text and web or 4G gigabytes and I said, “Would put whatever you could on it.” They put 5000 minutes on it and then they turned around and only gave me 4 days to use 50000 minutes.

I've called the company multiple times today. Today's date is Wednesday October 18th 2017. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that I talked to I tried to talk to corporate. I called corporate. I have to wait on the phone for over 30 minutes. Can anybody possibly tell me how you get 5000 minutes and use them in four days? I've talked to everybody that possibly could and now I'm still waiting for corporate to call me back. I find this a bunch of **. I wouldn't recommend. If you had to go go with Net10 and you should just go with Q Link Wireless. At least you have a free minute and then on top of that it's only $15 to make it unlimited phone.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Phone service itself is not terrible but there is NO CUSTOMER service, representatives do not speak English, any question gets transferred at least 4 times. The small print is a BIG PROBLEM and you can easily waste an entire day trying to solve a minor problem!!! This company shows NO thanks to a longtime customer with an excellent payment record... I HATE HATE HATE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've had NET10 for years and I am happy with my service. I tried different prepaid services before and had no luck till I tried NET10. So If you're thinking about getting a track phone, please do your research about what company works best in your area. You can ask around or do it the hard way like I did by trying different companies.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have never had such an awful time with phone service in my life!!! Five replacement phones and none of them work. This one won't even charge!!! It took two weeks to even get the replacement and they won't replace the mobile data that I paid for. If you pay for the service you should at least be able to use the damn phone. I got a bogus tracking number and the ** even hung up on the post office guy when he called to get the real tracking number. I haven't been able to use the service since the sixth and I just got the replacement on the eighteenth. No service days replaced so I'm just out fourth bucks. ** NET10 I'm switching.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Net10 fraudulent plans are all bogus plans. The roll-over minutes are never rolled over but gets lost and their customer service employees hardly speaks English where you can hear their family members in the background. We have had no lucks with Net10 and I am certain they will go out of business very soon, most probably before the end of 2019. I wonder how they managed to stay in business and not get hit with a major lawsuit for fraudulent business practices. Net10, if any of you clowns "managers" are reading this, get an education and learn how not to steal from the consumers. I will be filing a formal complaint with the FBI as this is a serious business crime racketeering thousands of dollars from the bogus plans that do not work.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I don't even know where to begin with this company... I've never had such horrible customer service in my life! I bought an iPhone through their website, took it over a week to arrive, it arrives, I do what it says and it won't work, so I call Net10, I purchase $50 airtime card, and the guy tells me my service is fixed and should be good to go... GREAT... This was Friday night, So Saturday my phone starts saying "Could not activate cellular data network" so I call Net10 again, the lady didn't know what in the world she was talking about, acted like she connected me to someone else and the call was ended. Into Sunday... I talked to THREE different people and one of them acted like I was stupid and hung up the call!

I know how to work a phone and I'm pretty smart with electronics, after getting the run around with these fools, I'm FINALLY told some BS that my phone is from a third party, and that it won't work with Net10. This made no sense to me whatsoever, I am able to make and receive phone calls and texts but not use apps or internet. I purchased my phone through the Net10 website, the paperwork that I have even says Net10 on it, so I am stuck with sending this phone back with no refund for the airtime card or the 100+ that I already paid for this phone. HORRIBLE experience. Will not ever do business with these guys again and would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Was treated like a no good person. They would not help my son who goes to college and called in several times they did not note the account, They cursed at my wife and used foul language on my son! They hung up on several occasions and did ZERO to help our son. The reason for my call is he was issued a credit of free service by Julian ** for all his bad service with Net10. Dropped calls, no internet at day after day. And was not receiving calls at all. Please buyers beware when an issue arises this company will not help you but hang up on you! I will be contacting the consumer fraud bureau or the attorney general about this scam company.

The nerve to not fix what was promised. And they say, "Oh no call history." Forget about it, I will tell every body about these crooks. Beware dont use net 10. The worst customer service and they have no management. They are all managers. But not allowed to talk to one because they don't want to transfer you and hang up. Worst cell company I ever had period. If you want customer service avoid this company for sure. They dont help you out but waste your time. When you're right they call you a liar!!! Dont buy from Net 10 period.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I purchased a prepaid airtime card to add to my reserve. My phone still had an entire month of minutes. But I figured at $25 when I had it and by the next due date make sure $25 more is added to reserve. Upon trying to add the $25 it kept declining. I contacted the company via chat after the phone conversation with net10's rep was fruitless. Take back to store I was told to do and get a refund. I did at the Net10's rep's request, but store declined.

So the chat with Net10's rep was just as fruitless. I was informed that they "don't have a payment installment plan." But isn't reserve account just that if you think about it? And nowhere on the $25 prepaid card is there a disclaimer that it is, or isn't for a specific phone. But Net10's rep advised me there is. I have yet to find it on the $25 card. BUT why can't one add it to a reserve? Net10's rep then stated they did not have installment plans as I explained earlier. Condescending remark, you decide. But again there is no disclaimer on $25 prepaid card that one cannot add it to a reserve, then add enough prior to next due date to cover a $50/60payment on a droid.

With all that said, I feel their little scam is just that a scam which is most likely going to pay the high $ salaries to the CEOs. But that aside just because something is in a contract does not mean a court will not find it unethical and corrupt. Lastly after I explained some of this to a rep, she then wanted my phone # "to escalate" my complaint. One I was using Net10's. She should had my #, condescending, you decide. In conclusion I informed her after thanking her for her time that I would "escalate" my complaint with the BBB and then continue on the WWW until a class action is commenced.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Phone upgrade - So where to begin. I've been a customer of NET10 for around 4 years. Tired of ridiculous bills I decided to try prepaid service. After going through a few I settled with NET10. Can't complain about the price of service or cell coverage, I'm very pleased with both. The only bad part about them, in my opinion, is customer service. I don't have words to express the level of patheticness, if that's a word, that the so called customer service dept reaches. Who knows what country these people are actually in, Pakistan or India most likely, but no one is fooled by someone calling themselves Tim that only knows 3 words of the English language.

Depending on the day you call you'll most likely be transferred at least a dozen times after sitting on hold for 30 minutes between each one while they try to explain to one another how to tie their shoes. You can't get the same answer twice no matter how many different people you talk to. I've never until recently used a phone from them, always bought my own online. Let's just say it was and still is an ongoing catastrophe. 4 days so far spending countless hours on the phone with dozens of very untrained customer service reps and supervisors and still no closer to a favorable ending. I'm keeping their service but once this is over I'll never have an issue bad enough to call the customer service number again. If you're thinking about using them, by all means do, just never call customer service. Maybe if you could speak to someone who knows English as a first language it wouldn't be so bad but I doubt that'll happen.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I bought a Net10 Hotspot to connect to the internet. It worked okay a little at first. The first two weeks, it doesn't work anymore. The device I use works somewhat but it will not connect to the internet. Don't waste your money on Net10's mobile hotspots. I have been constantly calling net10's tech support in India with no luck, they won't fix the problem or give me my money back. I bought 2 weeks of service and I have not been able to connect to the internet, not even once. All I can do is think to myself is, "What a piece of junk and what crappy service they provide."

Original review: May 12, 2017

NET10 is a crack of **. Their cellphones are piece of crap. It's like when I've tried to make calls people that I am trying to talk to can't understand me very well and when I've tried to send text messages I can't send them because it says that it's an error of some sort. The internet does not work right. It is very slow. I've tried to calling customer service to get them to send me a new cellphone free of charge. They say that they can't, it's their policy and I'm disabled to the point I can't work and I've been a loyal customer since I was in high school. They just take avenge of people to make a profit off people and it is not right. People like them should be shutdown completely and not be able to open another business at all. And the Google play store on their phones doesn't work that very well either. I won't recommend no one to them because of how they treat their customers.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Bought a replacement phone and activated online. I had to purchase a new plan for the new phone, and I selected the option to keep current phone number, but was assigned a new number. When I called the next day, I was expected to pay for yet another plan to keep my current number. I would avoid dealing with Net10, this, and all my dealings with them in the past have been frustrating and difficult.

NET10 Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.

• Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.

• Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.

• Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.

• Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.

• Best for: NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

NET10 Wireless Company Information

www.net10wireless.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use