NET10 Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Was treated like a no good person. They would not help my son who goes to college and called in several times they did not note the account, They cursed at my wife and used foul language on my son! They hung up on several occasions and did ZERO to help our son. The reason for my call is he was issued a credit of free service by Julian ** for all his bad service with Net10. Dropped calls, no internet at day after day. And was not receiving calls at all. Please buyers beware when an issue arises this company will not help you but hang up on you! I will be contacting the consumer fraud bureau or the attorney general about this scam company.

The nerve to not fix what was promised. And they say, "Oh no call history." Forget about it, I will tell every body about these crooks. Beware dont use net 10. The worst customer service and they have no management. They are all managers. But not allowed to talk to one because they don't want to transfer you and hang up. Worst cell company I ever had period. If you want customer service avoid this company for sure. They dont help you out but waste your time. When you're right they call you a liar!!! Dont buy from Net 10 period.

I purchased a prepaid airtime card to add to my reserve. My phone still had an entire month of minutes. But I figured at $25 when I had it and by the next due date make sure $25 more is added to reserve. Upon trying to add the $25 it kept declining. I contacted the company via chat after the phone conversation with net10's rep was fruitless. Take back to store I was told to do and get a refund. I did at the Net10's rep's request, but store declined.

So the chat with Net10's rep was just as fruitless. I was informed that they "don't have a payment installment plan." But isn't reserve account just that if you think about it? And nowhere on the $25 prepaid card is there a disclaimer that it is, or isn't for a specific phone. But Net10's rep advised me there is. I have yet to find it on the $25 card. BUT why can't one add it to a reserve? Net10's rep then stated they did not have installment plans as I explained earlier. Condescending remark, you decide. But again there is no disclaimer on $25 prepaid card that one cannot add it to a reserve, then add enough prior to next due date to cover a $50/60payment on a droid.

With all that said, I feel their little scam is just that a scam which is most likely going to pay the high $ salaries to the CEOs. But that aside just because something is in a contract does not mean a court will not find it unethical and corrupt. Lastly after I explained some of this to a rep, she then wanted my phone # "to escalate" my complaint. One I was using Net10's. She should had my #, condescending, you decide. In conclusion I informed her after thanking her for her time that I would "escalate" my complaint with the BBB and then continue on the WWW until a class action is commenced.

Phone upgrade - So where to begin. I've been a customer of NET10 for around 4 years. Tired of ridiculous bills I decided to try prepaid service. After going through a few I settled with NET10. Can't complain about the price of service or cell coverage, I'm very pleased with both. The only bad part about them, in my opinion, is customer service. I don't have words to express the level of patheticness, if that's a word, that the so called customer service dept reaches. Who knows what country these people are actually in, Pakistan or India most likely, but no one is fooled by someone calling themselves Tim that only knows 3 words of the English language.

Depending on the day you call you'll most likely be transferred at least a dozen times after sitting on hold for 30 minutes between each one while they try to explain to one another how to tie their shoes. You can't get the same answer twice no matter how many different people you talk to. I've never until recently used a phone from them, always bought my own online. Let's just say it was and still is an ongoing catastrophe. 4 days so far spending countless hours on the phone with dozens of very untrained customer service reps and supervisors and still no closer to a favorable ending. I'm keeping their service but once this is over I'll never have an issue bad enough to call the customer service number again. If you're thinking about using them, by all means do, just never call customer service. Maybe if you could speak to someone who knows English as a first language it wouldn't be so bad but I doubt that'll happen.

I bought a Net10 Hotspot to connect to the internet. It worked okay a little at first. The first two weeks, it doesn't work anymore. The device I use works somewhat but it will not connect to the internet. Don't waste your money on Net10's mobile hotspots. I have been constantly calling net10's tech support in India with no luck, they won't fix the problem or give me my money back. I bought 2 weeks of service and I have not been able to connect to the internet, not even once. All I can do is think to myself is, "What a piece of junk and what crappy service they provide."

NET10 is a crack of **. Their cellphones are piece of crap. It's like when I've tried to make calls people that I am trying to talk to can't understand me very well and when I've tried to send text messages I can't send them because it says that it's an error of some sort. The internet does not work right. It is very slow. I've tried to calling customer service to get them to send me a new cellphone free of charge. They say that they can't, it's their policy and I'm disabled to the point I can't work and I've been a loyal customer since I was in high school. They just take avenge of people to make a profit off people and it is not right. People like them should be shutdown completely and not be able to open another business at all. And the Google play store on their phones doesn't work that very well either. I won't recommend no one to them because of how they treat their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Bought a replacement phone and activated online. I had to purchase a new plan for the new phone, and I selected the option to keep current phone number, but was assigned a new number. When I called the next day, I was expected to pay for yet another plan to keep my current number. I would avoid dealing with Net10, this, and all my dealings with them in the past have been frustrating and difficult.

Prior to purchasing my Net 10 phone I asked many questions of the rep. I purchased a "buy one" get one free bundle package. When phone arrived there was only one. Called and spoke with rep who told me I didn't buy the bundle package. After one and one half hours with him on the phone I asked him "are you going to give me my free phone or not". He replied "no". They use fraudulent practices to suck you in and then don't live up to their promises. Also talked to three reps regarding transferring old number to new phone. Various answers there also. Reps don't have a clue how to do anything with the phones they sell. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone.

I have had Net10 for many years due to financial hardship & I love them. I have never had a problem & if I needed help they were very understanding & kind on the phone. I recommend Net10 to anyone who needs a pay per minute plan.

I bought a Net10 phone and a pre-paid phone card. Got home, tried to activate my phone and the card was not compatible with the phone. I called Net10 customer service and was told there was nothing they could do and to take it back to the store where it was purchased (an authorized dealer). The store does not take back prepaid phone cards. So, I purchased a different Net10 prepaid phone card. Took it home, tried to activate it again, and the card was not compatible. So, this time I was on the phone for 57 minutes only to be told that there was nothing they could do and that the phone I purchased was only to be used with "unlimited" phone plans, but one would think they would have mentioned that the first time I spoke with them!

Nowhere on the phone packaging does it say that the phone is only compatible with "unlimited" plans and the cards are also misleading in that they DO NOT say anything about NOT being compatible with phones that are "unlimited" phone plan only!! What a crock of **! They are exploiting low income people for capital gain!! I hope Net10 goes down!! The kicker is the customer support guy didn't even have the balls to finish the conversation and put me on hold until I finally hung up!

Great wireless service but horrific customer service. Bought - through the Net10 website - a 75, 2-line Family Plan card and transferred two lines over. I had an issue with the second line, so I called. Great customer service. They said, "No problem," and fixed me right up. Wireless service (based on my phones) is Verizon, so the service itself was great. After the first month I wanted to set-up an auto renewal account. Problem is I only saw single line options. Hmm, call in. Great customer service, They said, "No problem," and fixed me right up... or so I thought. I wanted the 2-line family plan for 72 (auto renew price), which offers 3GB data per line.

When I saw my bill it was for two 500MB lines at 35. each. I called and: 1st - put on hold for 40 minutes and then the call dropped. 2nd - was told no such plan existed and I'd have to have two separate bills. 3rd - called back to at least try to have plan corrected (this is the same day the charge was made and I was willing to pay more) to the 3GB single plans. Put on hold - disconnected. Last - Told no changes till next month and that it would cost about $90 for two single lines at 3GB each. Explaining that that doesn't match the website just brought so much attitude that I had to hang up. So I'm stuck for the month. From now on, I'll just buy the 2-line cards. Having to deal with Net10 customer service (what an awful joke) isn't worth the three dollar a month savings.

I bought a 30.00 prepaid card to refill the minutes on my husband's cell phone. The packaging on the card doesn't say anything about it being for a specific phone. They won't accept the pin to refill his phone, and won't give me any credit or refund, and customer service tells me there's "nothing they can do." That's ridiculous. They have my money and I have nothing. I'm reporting them to the BBB and the Attorney General's office.

This review is the 1st time in 53 years that I've taken the time to complain about service. I currently pay $50 monthly for talk, text & 5gb data. The payment is automatically taken off my credit card on the due date. Typically my plan would be $55, however by opting in to the auto payment program I receive a $5 discount. This month I used all of my data 10 days prior to the bill being due, so I wanted to purchase additional data, however I was told that they don't have that option available and that I would need to buy my plan 10 days early ($50). That sucked, but what do you do, so I decided to better my plan to 7gb instead of the 5gb for $65 per month. Now here is where customer service took away my sanity and turned me into a very angry, crazy person.

While speaking with the lady who gave me my options I was told that my actual bill would be $60 because I'm in the auto pay program reducing the bill to $60. Makes sense, RIGHT? But then she disconnected me, which made me pretty bummed out because I had to wait 35 minutes on hold for the privilege to speak to her. Again, things happen. I get it, sometimes life throws you a speed bump. I called back and 48 minutes later I spoke to a different lady who I assumed worked for NET10 because she answered the phone, but after explaining my situation, it was time, take my credit card info, charge it $60... and have a nice day, but no... this lady told me that my bill was now $ $65.97.

I said, "No that isn't correct, remember how I told you that I'm in the auto pay deal NET10 offers reducing my cost to $60?" She remembered, but told me that the auto pay deal isn't available for the $60 (7gb) plan, but was only available for every other freaking plan they have, but nope not the one I selected. Apparently the previous c/s lady was not privy to that pricing information either. I'll bet she wouldn't mind knowing it though. Now I'm getting angry, and please understand that my anger is not about the additional $6. It's about the huge amount of time spent on hold (more hold time coming up), and about inconsistent information, but most of all it made no ** sense at all, and the c/s lady seemed perplexed and confused as well because she disconnected me also... she probably needed time to think about this pricing structure and try to make sense of it all.

I had to call once again, and the hold for 40 minutes & the hold music was not good by the way; before I just hung up, called and set an appointment with a therapist and choosing a different phone provider. I could list the names of each the hold music if that would help convince anyone reading this to run like hell if you are considering using NET10. I'm telling you, use a string and 2 soup cans for phone service before even giving the slightest thought to using NET10.

I've had Net10 about 8 years ago and didn't have any problems with their service. Internet was a little slow and customer service was pretty good from what I remember but overall I was very satisfied. Currently I have Verizon and I'm sick or paying over $100 for the same service I can get for half the price. Anyway, today I ported my number I've to Net10, not an easy process being that it's hard to understand the customer service reps because... they're not in the States!! They kind of have a "holier than thou" type of attitude! I'm talking to "Gina" and she asks me to hold on the line while she helps me with the porting, I say "ok", her response was in a pretty stuck-up, "I'm better than you" tone "I asked you to remain silent while I help you with this problem"... Whoa!! Get the stick out of your butt lady.

Anyway, they are my only complaint, service is great, plan prices are great, coverage is great, phones, I really don't know because I had my own, customer service on the other hand really needs a complete overhaul!! This is going to be my 1st time doing the auto full or whatever they call it so I hope there's no glitches with it. The last time I had them, they didn't have any unlimited plans, it was strictly prepaid 30 day cards. They'd get a full 5 stars if it weren't for the horrible customer service, but that's not enough to deter me!

Purchased 65$ 7g high speed plan. 8 days into plan received notice that my 7G high speed allotment was used up. When I talked to the representative he said that there was a mistake and that it would be corrected. After being transferred to a different department the second rep told me that she had double checked and that I had used my 7Gs. She stated that the other representative wasn't correct showing that I only used 4.5 Gs. Mind you I had called two days earlier and the representative told me not to worry I only used 867Mb. So when I asked the representative to show me my usage of the 7Gs she stated that the tool used for that was down and they had a new tool that only told you when your data was gone. So with that being said, Net10 AT&T is fraudulent, ripoff, data thieves stealing from their loyal customers, that they really don't value at all.

I paid my daughter phone bill on Feb 25. On March 6 she gets a message saying her phone has been deactivated! I called the company. The man was rude, couldn't speak English so I had him to keep repeating his self. End of story they deactivated her phone for making a conference call 3 way calling telling me it's violated the rights. I told him that was the most stupidest ** I have ever heard in my life. Talking about a conference call interferes with other people. I am 41 yrs old and 3 way calling has been around since I was 12. Then he told me I had to go buy a new sims card and a new airtime card. No buddy. I think not. I wish I could give them a negative star!!

I am at a loss to describe how bad their customer service is. 3 months later - still waiting for my refund for a phone I bought and returned because it didn't work. 6 or 7 case numbers and twice as many reasons and several hours on the phone... Every time, they ask for a case number, then every time, they ask for everything that should be on the case. After a minimum of 1/2 hour going through standard tech services, eventually they forward you to the refund department and THREE TIMES their refund department confirmed that they have the phone (after you give them the tracking number they should have and the serial number for the returned phone, which they also should have... Shouldn't it be in the damn case by now?. Three times, they give me a different reason why the refund didn't process. First was time, next was wrong warehouse, next was I used the wrong air bill (they sent me the air bill to use!!!).

I have heard cases of pathetic customer service, and I thought I had been part of a couple before, but nothing I've seen or heard would have readied me for this.

And on their website... "If you aren't satisfied with your phone and/or accessory purchase, simply return it to us within 30 days and we will replace it or give you your money back. It's that simple." Nothing simple about it. Except that it is simply false.

Every month I add time to my phone. I have done this for 4 years. Every once and a while there is a problem with the website and it is very frustrating. Tonight, I have spent the last 46 minutes trying to add 30 days of service to my phone and everything is a dead end. I only have a brief time at night to spend with my son before he goes to bed and I spent all of that time in frustrating loops on their website.

I go to "buy air time" and I get the message - "The Airtime Card you entered is not valid for this transaction. Please enter a different one. If you don't have another one, you can purchase an Airtime Card using a credit or debit card during this process." I did not enter an airtime card, I entered my number and choose to pay by credit card. No matter what I chose, I was stuck in a dead-end. When I tried to "activate" it said that my phone was already activated. When I tried to get help online it said that my phone was not active, please activate it. So furious. Now I want to get my phone working just so I can yell at somebody.

The first phone I had was Net10. I needed a prepaid phone and NOT a contract. Their phones were simple with 300 minutes. I got one and it was good. It activated and that jazz, I dreaded when I needed more time on the phone. You guessed it, 25 or 30 bucks a few months. I am buying more air time. I did that like Tracfone had, easy. I never used cs or a rep. Then things changed, few years later. You got a phone and needed air time as well. Another lousy 30 bucks. I thought, why am I doing this?!

I canceled OR stopped buying air time cards. My service ended and no problem. I found out Net10 was becoming 'contract' after that. Then android phones and yeah - expensive air time and phones. $45 unlimited and bull. I just mess with talking and ringtones. I don't go online with a phone or anything fancy. I am an honest person. Stay AWAY from Net10. If you dropped an anchor on their phones, it would be Net 0! I had many companies and phones after Net10 and they were ALL better.

NET10 saved me from the overpriced gurus who think they own the satellite "air space" (which were/are actually paid for by the taxpayers). My experience with one of these gurus was being overcharged for usage on a warranted defective product (their modem) and then being charged early termination for an unresolved issue because I was hospitalized for brain surgery and did not have access to pay the bill (June 2016 and again August 2016). They terminated within 30 days at the end of my original 2-year contract.

I paid top prices for services (and problems) since being with that company since 2010. If the problem is not listed on the company's customer service scripts, then it's not a problem for them to deal with. I was referred to and set up with NET10 for WiFi/internet services because they were priced a lot cheaper and customer service is a human being who WORKS with their customers' problems. I recommend NET10 to anyone who is looking for high speed internet services.

After being a loyal customer to this company they are now ripping me off! They tell me my credit card was declined SEVERAL times and do not activate my service! The customer service will not credit back my payments. PLUS I had to buy one of their stupid cards to get my phone back on! This company is FRAUDULENT and should be shut down!

I've had Net10 wireless going on about 3 years now, and ever since I had service with them it's been problems. Their service is really garbage but their plans are very cheap. Which is what kept me with them, but I constantly have problems with this company. My phone don't pick up in a lot of places. Including certain spots in my own house. I've had problems with my internet, and losing data that's not even been used due to me having my data turned off but somehow it still uses up data. I've asked about this, but of course it couldn't be explained as to why. Their customer service sucks. They can't tell you anything about anything. They act as if they have NOT a clue as to what you are saying. They talk in riddles around what your complaint is, and the problem you're having.

Their attitudes stinks. They don't want to refund you nor reimburse you for their mishaps, and screw ups. They need better service, and better attitudes with people who knows how to comply with ALL. This is an all around VERY rude company that does NOT need to still be in business period. They do NOT know how to conduct business properly, and I STRONGLY suggest that NO ONE have anything to do with this company. Not even for the cheap service because it's not worth it, and cheap is not always good. Especially for the type of service they provide.

Bought a new NET phone for $10. I thought it was a good deal. I asked the person in the store to give me some time cards to put on the phone. I was happy. I got home. Tried to activate the phone. Called NET10, spent $50 on 2 $25 cards, called NET10 activate the phone. They took my numbers of the 2 $25 cards then told me it was the wrong cards. I went and returned the phone. The store would not take the 2 cards back because I scratched them off. Bought another phone at different store that would take the cards. No luck the cards were not good. Because they took the numbers off the cards and when I tried to activate the other phone the day before. Altogether they stoled my $50.

I found out about 3 weeks ago my mother's NET10 phone no longer had service. I called customer service & after troubleshooting the phone for 1-1/2 hrs was told her phone was outdated and it was shut off and she needed to have a new one. Not sure how she would have notified her of this since she has no email address. They offered a new LG phone for free but my mother is 83 and she was familiar w/ her flip phone - so I had to pay for the $30.00 flip phone!

After much "discussion" they agreed to pay for her $30.00 of service which was going to waste at this time. I received a new phone and after trying to set up service on the new phone with "customer service" for 45 minutes and having them ask me how long I had this "new" phone which they just sent me - they determined the sim card in the new phone was not any good and had to send a new one. I received the new sim card this week and called "customer service" today to again set up the phone. Now the phone said "sim card rejected" and after 1 hr and 15 min I was told they had to send me a new phone!! But the catch is - they are sending a package to return the new phone they sent me that does not work and when they receive that - I will then be sent a new phone. So now the weeks are adding up and minutes are wasting that we are paying for. I would recommend going to another phone provider.

I use NET10 all the time. It piggybacks T-Mobile's network. I bought a 60 dollar budget phone on Amazon. It worked just as well as my major carrier phone did. I use it and it works really well. I love it and it's dirt cheap. Plus if you need to use customer service, they are all terrible. But for what I need. It's great and super low priced. I am almost always in wifi range so I only need it to and from work. And it works. A+.

Net10 was the WORST customer service I EVER experienced. I had to call 9 times in 24 hours to get a phone number switched to another phone. It should take one phone call for about 5 minutes. I was on the phone every time for at LEAST 45 minutes. They couldn't answer anything I asked. Very vague answers. I was put on hold every time for 30 plus minutes and then hung up on. It took for me to call and totally lose my ** on them to get this phone number switched. Ridiculous, and I will NEVER go through them again. PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT GET THIS COMPANY!!!

Ordered data for NET10vWireless for laptop. Paid for on MasterCard ($50 for 5g). The tech employee, Freddie, was one of the most rude people I've ever talked to. He refused to let me speak to his supervisor or give me the name of that person. I told him to cancel the order. Said he couldn't as it was a renewing order. I told the gal (Laurie) I did not wish a renewing contract. You cannot understand half of these people and they become very indignant. Freddie kept yelling at me because I could not find the Reset button on the NET10 wireless. He failed to tell me to take the back of the device. There was no reset button and he told me to remove the sim card. I did.

I still do not have service with NET10. I will file a complaint with my local BBB and state attorney general. I will praise Laurie as she was very informative, but failed to give me my confirmation number for the credit card transaction. Also, another rep, Janeen was fantastic! I think these people need to be retrained. I have asked credit card company to cancel the order.

After 10+ years I've had it. TracFone and Net10 are one and the same. Customer service is laughable. Air time eaten up by people who either don't or refuse to understand what you need. Once I had my wasted air time restored. Support forum: Everything is taken "offline" so you never know if the asker had the same issue as you. Now I'm being spammed with texts threatening that my phone (with over a month of time remaining) won't work unless I get a new one. Nonsense. Plenty of people around here use "dumb" phones that work just fine. As another member stated, I don't want a computer; just a phone. I have a computer, and see no need to pack one in my pocket.

I've had problems with my SIM card that the network keeps locking it up. It's been the 3rd time in less than a month. They don't tell me why is happening. All they do is tell you "turn off and on your phone" that's it. And then they say "ooh you need a new SIM card." Today for the 3rd time it happened and the agent tells me "hey you need to update your zip code on the account." Umm I've had more than 3 phones in the last 2 years and I've activated and updated my address on file and they never once updated it? Agent tells me "this will fix your SIM card." "Ok I don't believe you but go ahead and do it." She does and as I guessed it, it didn't work. I get an email confirmation and the idiot changed my phone number without my authorization and without even telling me my new number, it also removed my autopay.

I of course have to get another stupid SIM card replacement, which they say it takes 2 business days but that's another lie. It takes almost a week to get to me, even though they say "oh we ship it FedEx." Nope they ship it USPS. None of the agents are trained to do anything. They tell you a crappy excuse for everything and none of them know how to troubleshoot an issue. I've worked in other cellphone companies and I tell you that this wouldn't cut it in a major company. I've been using them for 5 years and this last year they really gone down hill and they don't care at all. Don't waste your money or time with any of the TracFone companies.

This is a crab service. They told me a different price from online. When I asking them to check, they let me hold on the phone for 20 mins. She still do not response my phone until I cannot wait. How come she work as a customer service without a service mind? So I try to refill my account online but what the F, the user interface is super poor. Look like they paid for a children to design the website for them. Totally Net10 is children is playing try to sell stuffs. I will close my account asap.

I hate their customer service. I'm sorry but I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF YOU! My daughter's data was failing every other day for a few months. I call in, they put me on hold as they magically do upgrades on their end in which they can never explain what has to be done. It sounds half the time as if they are dropping their ear pieces as they keep me on the phone for longer than acceptable for a "reputable" company. I believe that 30-45 minutes isn't good customer service practice and yet they can never tell me what is going on. When I finally had enough of this game and I asked for a supervisor, one couldn't be located and I stated on hold for another 30 min. I've had enough of this ridiculously unprofessional company.

I'm sorry CS people but your English sucks. It's not fair that I'm paying $35 a month and I can't get working data on and consistent basis and when I call in I want someone that I can understand. So I am going to another provider. You're CS, you should be ashamed of and you're a pathetic company. Save yourselves the hassle, spend $10 and go to Verizon. I have it for myself and my data is always working and only had to call customer service once in which I spoke to someone here in the US and spoke English extremely well and was beyond professional.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.
  • Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.
  • Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.
  • Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.
  • Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.
  • Best for NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Compare Prepaid Phones