NET10 Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After being a loyal customer to this company they are now ripping me off! They tell me my credit card was declined SEVERAL times and do not activate my service! The customer service will not credit back my payments. PLUS I had to buy one of their stupid cards to get my phone back on! This company is FRAUDULENT and should be shut down!

I've had Net10 wireless going on about 3 years now, and ever since I had service with them it's been problems. Their service is really garbage but their plans are very cheap. Which is what kept me with them, but I constantly have problems with this company. My phone don't pick up in a lot of places. Including certain spots in my own house. I've had problems with my internet, and losing data that's not even been used due to me having my data turned off but somehow it still uses up data. I've asked about this, but of course it couldn't be explained as to why. Their customer service sucks. They can't tell you anything about anything. They act as if they have NOT a clue as to what you are saying. They talk in riddles around what your complaint is, and the problem you're having.

Their attitudes stinks. They don't want to refund you nor reimburse you for their mishaps, and screw ups. They need better service, and better attitudes with people who knows how to comply with ALL. This is an all around VERY rude company that does NOT need to still be in business period. They do NOT know how to conduct business properly, and I STRONGLY suggest that NO ONE have anything to do with this company. Not even for the cheap service because it's not worth it, and cheap is not always good. Especially for the type of service they provide.

Bought a new NET phone for $10. I thought it was a good deal. I asked the person in the store to give me some time cards to put on the phone. I was happy. I got home. Tried to activate the phone. Called NET10, spent $50 on 2 $25 cards, called NET10 activate the phone. They took my numbers of the 2 $25 cards then told me it was the wrong cards. I went and returned the phone. The store would not take the 2 cards back because I scratched them off. Bought another phone at different store that would take the cards. No luck the cards were not good. Because they took the numbers off the cards and when I tried to activate the other phone the day before. Altogether they stoled my $50.

I found out about 3 weeks ago my mother's NET10 phone no longer had service. I called customer service & after troubleshooting the phone for 1-1/2 hrs was told her phone was outdated and it was shut off and she needed to have a new one. Not sure how she would have notified her of this since she has no email address. They offered a new LG phone for free but my mother is 83 and she was familiar w/ her flip phone - so I had to pay for the $30.00 flip phone!

After much "discussion" they agreed to pay for her $30.00 of service which was going to waste at this time. I received a new phone and after trying to set up service on the new phone with "customer service" for 45 minutes and having them ask me how long I had this "new" phone which they just sent me - they determined the sim card in the new phone was not any good and had to send a new one. I received the new sim card this week and called "customer service" today to again set up the phone. Now the phone said "sim card rejected" and after 1 hr and 15 min I was told they had to send me a new phone!! But the catch is - they are sending a package to return the new phone they sent me that does not work and when they receive that - I will then be sent a new phone. So now the weeks are adding up and minutes are wasting that we are paying for. I would recommend going to another phone provider.

I use NET10 all the time. It piggybacks T-Mobile's network. I bought a 60 dollar budget phone on Amazon. It worked just as well as my major carrier phone did. I use it and it works really well. I love it and it's dirt cheap. Plus if you need to use customer service, they are all terrible. But for what I need. It's great and super low priced. I am almost always in wifi range so I only need it to and from work. And it works. A+.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Net10 was the WORST customer service I EVER experienced. I had to call 9 times in 24 hours to get a phone number switched to another phone. It should take one phone call for about 5 minutes. I was on the phone every time for at LEAST 45 minutes. They couldn't answer anything I asked. Very vague answers. I was put on hold every time for 30 plus minutes and then hung up on. It took for me to call and totally lose my ** on them to get this phone number switched. Ridiculous, and I will NEVER go through them again. PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT GET THIS COMPANY!!!

Ordered data for NET10vWireless for laptop. Paid for on MasterCard ($50 for 5g). The tech employee, Freddie, was one of the most rude people I've ever talked to. He refused to let me speak to his supervisor or give me the name of that person. I told him to cancel the order. Said he couldn't as it was a renewing order. I told the gal (Laurie) I did not wish a renewing contract. You cannot understand half of these people and they become very indignant. Freddie kept yelling at me because I could not find the Reset button on the NET10 wireless. He failed to tell me to take the back of the device. There was no reset button and he told me to remove the sim card. I did.

I still do not have service with NET10. I will file a complaint with my local BBB and state attorney general. I will praise Laurie as she was very informative, but failed to give me my confirmation number for the credit card transaction. Also, another rep, Janeen was fantastic! I think these people need to be retrained. I have asked credit card company to cancel the order.

After 10+ years I've had it. TracFone and Net10 are one and the same. Customer service is laughable. Air time eaten up by people who either don't or refuse to understand what you need. Once I had my wasted air time restored. Support forum: Everything is taken "offline" so you never know if the asker had the same issue as you. Now I'm being spammed with texts threatening that my phone (with over a month of time remaining) won't work unless I get a new one. Nonsense. Plenty of people around here use "dumb" phones that work just fine. As another member stated, I don't want a computer; just a phone. I have a computer, and see no need to pack one in my pocket.

I've had problems with my SIM card that the network keeps locking it up. It's been the 3rd time in less than a month. They don't tell me why is happening. All they do is tell you "turn off and on your phone" that's it. And then they say "ooh you need a new SIM card." Today for the 3rd time it happened and the agent tells me "hey you need to update your zip code on the account." Umm I've had more than 3 phones in the last 2 years and I've activated and updated my address on file and they never once updated it? Agent tells me "this will fix your SIM card." "Ok I don't believe you but go ahead and do it." She does and as I guessed it, it didn't work. I get an email confirmation and the idiot changed my phone number without my authorization and without even telling me my new number, it also removed my autopay.

I of course have to get another stupid SIM card replacement, which they say it takes 2 business days but that's another lie. It takes almost a week to get to me, even though they say "oh we ship it FedEx." Nope they ship it USPS. None of the agents are trained to do anything. They tell you a crappy excuse for everything and none of them know how to troubleshoot an issue. I've worked in other cellphone companies and I tell you that this wouldn't cut it in a major company. I've been using them for 5 years and this last year they really gone down hill and they don't care at all. Don't waste your money or time with any of the TracFone companies.

This is a crab service. They told me a different price from online. When I asking them to check, they let me hold on the phone for 20 mins. She still do not response my phone until I cannot wait. How come she work as a customer service without a service mind? So I try to refill my account online but what the F, the user interface is super poor. Look like they paid for a children to design the website for them. Totally Net10 is children is playing try to sell stuffs. I will close my account asap.

I hate their customer service. I'm sorry but I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF YOU! My daughter's data was failing every other day for a few months. I call in, they put me on hold as they magically do upgrades on their end in which they can never explain what has to be done. It sounds half the time as if they are dropping their ear pieces as they keep me on the phone for longer than acceptable for a "reputable" company. I believe that 30-45 minutes isn't good customer service practice and yet they can never tell me what is going on. When I finally had enough of this game and I asked for a supervisor, one couldn't be located and I stated on hold for another 30 min. I've had enough of this ridiculously unprofessional company.

I'm sorry CS people but your English sucks. It's not fair that I'm paying $35 a month and I can't get working data on and consistent basis and when I call in I want someone that I can understand. So I am going to another provider. You're CS, you should be ashamed of and you're a pathetic company. Save yourselves the hassle, spend $10 and go to Verizon. I have it for myself and my data is always working and only had to call customer service once in which I spoke to someone here in the US and spoke English extremely well and was beyond professional.

I thought I found an affordable service not knowing am drowning in a deep pool of stress. I have used multiple network before and I thought Net10 will be the best among all but I got it wrong. And the simple question I asked the customer service lady's were, "do I necessarily have to go into my phone to off my cell data anytime am connected to my home WiFi?" They said yes. Seriously? I never heard of that before. I know anytime you are connected to a wifi your cell phone data shut down until you are away from your wifi before starting to work again, so must I recharge my data coverage twice a month? This don't make any sense to me, and also I have the 7GB high-speed data but within two weeks it's gone, and it says will drop to 2GB but that's a lie. It's never true because I can't do anything. It's totally off so am leaving Net10 by this Friday 12/09/2016 for a better service.

Bought a phone a couple months ago and it didn't work. After dealing with customer service for over a hour they told me they would have to send me a new sim card. After they already loaded my minutes from my prepaid card they assured me once the phone was activated I would still have my minutes and not lose them. Received card and called to activate and they told me I would have to minutes on card again that my other minutes expired. Why did they have me load a card in the first place. This company should be looked at. So they basically received money from the phone card and the phone purchase and I was not even able to use phone due to the phone not working in the first place!! Very Unhappy!!!

I have been with Net10 for over 2 years, as they were the least expensive, most reliable, and provided the nicest customer service of all budgets carriers I have tried in my life. Their customer service agents, including this man called Wildo have gone above and beyond for me. This past week I was having credit card issues, and my card was declined twice. I used a working credit card two days ago and apparently the transaction never even appeared at all... I thought I completed all the steps, as I add money on this phone on a month basis. I was in a hurry though. Of course, I was very shocked when I did not have phone service this morning.

I called customer service this morning and made a payment over the phone with the working credit card, and the agent said that it did not go thru because he told me I had to pay an additional activation charge of $3.00 and some change. I knew this was NOT correct as the total amount INCLUDING taxes was stated by their automated system. I was totally taken back by this agent, and told him I would try again on their website. I made a payment online and it shows it was processed, I hit the activate button, and my phone did not turn on like it usually does in just a minute. I turned my phone on and off a couple times and tried the * and number to reactivate service, but to no avail.

I called Net10 back and they say there is no record of the latest transaction. I became highly irate with these agents, including Wildo again, who was being a complete jerk this time around. It SHOWS on the NET10 webpage that I made the payment, and it shows as a transaction on my credit card!!! Apparently since I have two declines on my account, I can no longer utilize their services? Why did they not tell me this on the initial call, so I would not have spend my money, and still not have a phone!!! They treated me as if I was lying, trying to get free service from them, and was committing fraudulent acts. There are the ones that are being fraudulent, as they took my payment without giving me service. I now have to deal with my credit card to get the charge taken off. I need my phone for conference calls for work, so this is a complete nightmare. Does anyone have any recommendations for good budget cell phone service?

Bought a replacement phone and so far it has taken about 1 month and still having trouble activating. I have been sent 3 new sim cards and awaiting 4th. What is supposed to take 2 days is taking over a week and still waiting. Have no idea if new one will work as the agents don't seem to know their job very well. Been a customer for many years and am really upset with them at this time. I am paying for service that I do not have.

I have been with Net10 wireless for many years. Well today I had a problem with my service and was calling to resolve it. The first person that I spoke with (Pedro) said that we could fix it. Someone had been making international calls with my #. He would transfer me over to loss prevention to report it. No problem. The next women that I spoke with was not nice. She was making accusations that I was lying about making the calls that she said I was talking too much when I was trying to explain myself and to shut up... I couldn't believe what I was hearing so then she transferred me back to Pedro. He said that he would fix the problem and that he needed to talk to his supervisor. I said no problem.

Well I guess he forgot to put the call on hold and I heard him tell his boss in Spanish that I was a troublemaker, wouldn't let them speak and was explain what was going on... When he got back on he was sweet and speaking in English. Well I talked back in Spanish and asked to speak to his superior... Well let me tell you this was the craziest thing ever. Something so little turned into the biggest thing ever... I am totally leaving this company NET 10... I would recommend NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER GO WITH THIS COMPANY. PLEASE THINK A THOUSAND TIMES OVER BEFORE YOU CONSIDER IT...

I bought a airtime card for my nephew. Spent 25 on the phone not knowing he needed 35 card. I asked if the could add the card and then I will pay by CREDIT Card and they told me take it back and exchange the card where I got it from. I asked why do I needed to do that and I should be able to pay the difference on my card. I was told that they do not have any way to put the card on his phone because it is not a flip phone or a old phone. It's not like I'm asking for FREE airtime minutes. The supervisor keep saying they DO NOT care if I was out 25 or more. They will not help anyone over there. So I got off the phone before the wrong person came out of me. SO Net10 WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, Net10 doesn't care about their customers anymore. All I asked was for Net10 to refund my $25.00 and make it right.

I contacted Net10 on sunday the 11th and told a lady that my phone had been stolen. But I had a backup phone and she told me that the sim card I had would not work and that they had to send me another sims card and that I would receive it on today (9/14/2016) by the end of the day and she gave to me a ticket number. So when 9/14/16 can I tried to use the ticket number to track the sims card and see when it would be arriving and it popped up a message for me to call custom service. And when I did at first the lady said that it was not showing anything and then when I told her I had a ticket number she quickly changed her mind and said that any orders done over the weekend do not get sent out until tuesday and that I would get it the next day 9/15/16.

So I told her that I have small kids and they are in school and just in case they get sick or any family emergency comes up need my phone. So I was just going to go to my nearest dollar general store and pick 1 up and she told me, "NO THAT SIMS WILL NOT WORK". So I asked her why. She said it's for bring your own phone and said that since my phone has the Net10 logo on it, it is not a bring your own phone. And I have to wait til the end of day tomorrow and there is nothing I could do about it. And said besides it's a free sims card anyway... What the hell? How can it be free if your company is still charging me monthly and I dont have a phone at my service. I WILL BE LEAVING THIS COMPANY AS SOON AS MY MINUTES ARE UP FOR OCT...

I have had the same basic phone service with Net10 since 2004 and was satisfied with carryover phone/text pre-purchased minutes on my old-style Nokia 1600 candybar phone until I went to purchase additional minutes on 8/5/2016. I received a message on the Net10 web site while purchasing minutes that Net10 was "upgrading" their network in my area and my old-style phone would soon discontinue working. I was informed that Net10 would mail me a 3G phone to replace my old 2G phone and all I needed to do was take 1 or 2 very simple steps to transfer my existing account from my old phone to the replacement phone. Then, the nightmare began.

First, they shipped the phone via FedEx (luckily, there was a tracking number provided) without specifying a city to send it to. Needless to say, FedEx tried really hard to make the delivery, but without a city specified that's pretty tough. So, the phone went back to Net10. When I realized what had happened, I placed a call to Net10 and they sent another phone. Today, I spent a full 2 hours on the phone with Net10 "Support". First, the support person insisted that I couldn't transfer my service because the phone had been deactivated on 8/5/2016 (the date that I purchased 1500 minutes/180 days). It didn't seem to matter that I was phoning the service rep from the "deactivated" phone.

After about an hour, the service rep was able to look up my minute purchase for the phone on 8/5/2016 for 1500 minutes/180 days and he then decided the phone must not have been deactivated after all. Unfortunately, he spent the next hour telling me that my 1500 minutes/180 days weren't valid with the new phone that Net10 insisted I switch to. Eventually, service rep was able to put 1500 minutes and 30 days on the replacement phone. Needless to say, I am a low volume user and the time was equally important. I paid for 180 days, but only got 30. After a while, I decided to try again through chat. I provided the Chat agent the transaction ID for my 8/5/2016 minute purchase and after about 40 minutes the agent was able to restore the time I purchased.

The 3G replacement phone is a piece of cheap crap, not well made at all, with features I'll never use (camera, internet service, e-mail, etc). I just use my phone for talk/text - that's all. I was satisfied with Net10 for more than a decade - now I'm seriously considering switching to Verizon. I am a mental health counselor who works with suicidal clients who need to be able to contact me and I just don't trust that Net10 can continue to offer me the reliable, dependable phone service I require. This whole network upgrade scam seems targeted to force me to switch to a data plan in order for Net10 to reap more profits. Ferengi!!! (By the way, I have a 4-year degree in Computer Science and 20 years experience in that field, not exactly technically illiterate).

I live in Baton Rouge LA and we were recently hit with a devastating flood. People here lost everything. Roads were shut down due to the high flood water. People lost their homes, cars, and lives. During the process Net10 lost cellphone service and there was no way to pay by credit card nor was there a Net10 company open. They turn off their customers' phones due to bill not being paid. First you couldn't call in to pay it, the damn phones wouldn't work and second there was no place of business to go to. When I called and asked if they would credit their customers they flat out said no.

I'm with Verizon and Verizon was there for everyone and even extended their customers' bill and gave them free data. If they can do it why not Net10. I'm dropping my sister's service with them. They aren't loyal to their customers nor do they care and they're definitely not understanding. Worst customer service ever. Then if your phones don't work where you can even enter in a credit card then how is that our fault. Verizon customers really didn't even lose service but they were still there for us.

Upon looking at the Net10 reviews on this site, I was amazed by the one star reviews. I think the reason for this is primarily the lack of common sense portrayed by those users. After spending outrageous rates from a major provider, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a great LG smartphone for $19.84 that indicated it was designed for Net 10. The great plan was just $40.00 per month for unlimited minutes, text, and data. They do not rollover, but who should complain when you get a bargain such as this!

It only took a few minutes for Net10 to port my old phone number into the new phone. Net10 will send you texts 7, 3, and 1 days before you need to buy a new plan card. One can purchase the $40.00 monthly plan card virtually everywhere. It only takes a couple of minutes to add the new monthly plan to your phone. I have to laugh when witnessing people with obscenely expensive phones have to move outside wherever they are to get decent reception! My phone has great resolution everywhere. Quit trying to impress other people and use some common sense!

I bought a Net10 $65.00 international calling card for myself. I was going to canada for a week. It does not work in canada... I usually buy the 40 card every month so I lost out on this 25.00. Net does not work in canada or mexico... Dont get Net10.

My phone will shut off or if I turn it off a SIM code comes on. I called don't I couldn't understand her name. That's not the point. All I asked how keep from that coming on. She said stop putting passwords in my phone. I told her I don't do that to my phone, in fact I tried to explain to her. She told me I was confusing her. I did get it fixed. I hung up on her. I would have said something I'd regret.

Air time that I had 4-27-2016 is 2377.50 minutes. I went Top up in around that date and I couldn't because you were updating the phones. The phone took about 6 weeks to get it. No phone for during that time. When I got the phone the person that could hardly speak English told me that those minutes would go on to the new one but it would take time because the were backlogged because of the changeover but it would show up on my phone. She said she didn't know when. Then my daughter called for me on the 20th of July but didn't have the serial number for my new phone because I had it with me at a appointment to transfer it over. My daughter was upset that they hadn't transfer it over long the time they were suppose to do it. So I called today and got the runaround. They told me they didn't have any minutes, they told me they had nothing to show that any minutes on the phone that I lost them when new phone was activated.

That lady told me that they would go on my new phone. I asked the woman named Jodie if that's her real name. I asked her if there was a supervisor or someone in charge over her and she said no. She said that she had to go through my phone minutes so she would have to put me on hold. She came back and said hello and I said hello and there was a silence for about a minute then I heard some noise in the background. Then she said customer wasn't responding and hung up on me. You know this is about 600.00 dollars in prepaid minutes that they took away from me! So I'm very upset. They don't have people that know what they're doing working for them!

I talked 3 different people this morning - ran down 2 cordless phone batteries. I was so mad that the were stalling because that they didn't know what they were doing! When you call them you don't talk to the same person. They can't help you. It's stressful when you have bad health and you have to deal with these people that don't know what they're doing, and don't have anyone to refer you to. I am disabled and live on a fixed income. I have a home phone, I only use this cell phone for when I leave the house. This hurts me because it's $600.00 so that's minutes build up. I know that they misrepresented them to be an honest company. Net10.

NET10 is discontinuing 2G phones. I have had my phone and my phone number for many years. When I went to add minutes to my phone, I was 2 days overdue. This has happened before but was never an issue. One call and I would be up again. This time they refused to reactivate the phone because they were phasing it out. So they sent me a new phone. When I activated that phone, they gave me another phone number. I called to restore my original and a barely intelligible agent, after considerable effort to understand each other, assured me that she had set it up so that the old number would restore to my new phone and that it should happen within 24 hours. It didn't. I waited a couple days.

The next contact with them I did as a support "chat" so that language would be less of an issue. The agent assured me that the number was available, but I needed a new SIM card which they would send me. Today I got the SIM card and contacted them again in a "chat" to set up the SIM. I really didn't want to screw this up by making a wrong selection on the website. In my support "chat" tonight I was informed that the number was no longer available and, nope, nothing I could do. Sorry.

It has taken over 2 weeks for this to play out in total. I don't know what the correct process would have been for me to retain the phone number, but whatever it was, NET10 didn't tell me, botched it and has no solution. I'm pretty sure they still control the number. When someone calls my number, they get a "Person is not accepting calls" message instead of "Phone is no longer active" or something useful. My service clients keep trying assuming that I've mismanaged my phone (irresponsible, etc.). The phone number is on my business cards, on various websites as contact number, in magazine ads. NET10's handling of this will be quite expensive. Never mind the hassle. I am beside myself in frustration and anger.

Our service with Net10 progressively worsened over the past 2 years to the point where it was non-existent so we went to Best Buy two days ago to port the 2 numbers (that were numbers we had from AT&T 12 years earlier) and wanted to keep them. The sales person at Best Buy rolled her eyes because she knew it wasn't going to be pleasant given the horrible experiences they've encountered with the Net10's customer service. She warned us before she called them that it will probably be impossible because they try to keep your numbers.

From the start Net10 put us on hold for 15-20 minutes at a time (5 times) and just gave us the run around by putting us thru to several different representatives. They asked us for our zip code from when we purchased the service, which we gave them and they continuously told us that was incorrect. This went on while at Best Buy for 2.5 hours until finally the store was closing so we had to leave and come back the next day to complete the transaction with porting our new phones.

When I got home I checked to make sure I was giving them the correct zip code and it was correct. So we went the next evening and we got the same treatment all over again. They insisted it was the wrong zip code, so the salesperson printed our original receipt from the Best Buy we purchased the Net10 service with 2-3 years earlier. He said that's absolutely the correct zip code when he spoke to the Net10 rep, but they continued to insist it was incorrect.

We asked the sales person why they do that and he said because we're leaving Net10, not only are they mad you're leaving, but they steal your phone numbers so they can reuse them. This should be illegal. Those numbers were rightfully ours. Needless to say, after being at Best Buy for another 1.5 hours, we were so frustrated that we decided to just get new phone numbers (which is a real shame). We took care of that issue, but I still had to shut off our current phones (OMG). What a nightmare. They acted as if they couldn't understand what we wanted to do and kept putting us thru to different reps.

I realize they are overseas and don't speak or understand good English, but that's no excuse! This went on for about an hour and then my husband started to get loud with them! Remember they wouldn't allow us to port the new phones over without the correct zip code, which we gave them, but they told my husband that the phones were in the process of being transferred. My husband said that's not true and he told them to shut down our service. They tried to tell my husband that they needed our new phone numbers, which had NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM AS THEY WERE THRU SPRINT so I yelled to my husband not to give them the new numbers as they are going to try to sabotage our new service with Sprint.

I also had to cancel my credit card that was associated with Net10 as there are no options to stop current service or to remove credit card easily. I realize there are no contracts, and when the minutes run out that should be the end of it, but why can't they shut our current phones off? I WOULDN'T USE THEM AGAIN IF THEY WERE THE ONLY AVAILABLE CELLULAR SERVICE ON EARTH. Just keep in mind, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! You may think you're getting unlimited web, talk and text and for short time you may get all that, but it doesn't last long. They're like the Hotel California.

My husband and I went to Net10. I have 5g service card. I'm lucky if I get 2g. Videos break up and that circle just keeps going. If I use Google it takes forever. We are both taking our phones back. Also my daughter and son in law are taking theirs back. I used to have Net10 and it was great.

What a lousy way to spend a Saturday afternoon when I'm busy and now losing work over this stupid situation. Have had this number for 8 years. Every month added 300 plus minutes for 8 long years. Sometimes added even more minutes when they had a special. Had over 13000 minutes stored up on my account. They send me a replacement phone, and when everything was transferred I got a third of my minutes. Basically got ripped off out of 9000 minutes. Tried calling and got passed around to some strange people that sounded like they were in Asia or Canada, not sure where. Hard to understand who I was talking to.

Basically after two calls, they told me there was nothing they would do to remedy this situation. At that point I informed the customer service rep that Net10 was located in Miami, and conveniently, I am nearby and felt that a nice lawsuit, maybe even a class action would settle this dispute, but cautioned that it would be way cheaper for me to talk to someone who COULD and WOULD fix the problem. They transferred me to their Miami office. They only agreed to refund some of the minutes, not all of the minutes. Well 9000 minutes is about 900 bucks. So I will caution those who go with Net10 to beware what they are up to. They will swear their system shows one thing, and yours does not match theirs even with physical proof. So off to Court I go I guess.

We purchased a $75 Net10 cell phone specifically because it is advertised as "no contract" since we only need it from about July-November. Apparently, if you don't buy their service EVERY MONTH they will automatically disable your sim card, rendering the phone inoperable until it's replaced, without even the courtesy of sending you a notification email. Turns out you can't just buy time when you need it. Looks like they figured out a sneaky way around that "No contract" claim! Look forward to an offshore rep telling you about how the "system" won't let them reactivate your sim card.

The customer service I received from Net10 absolutely sucked. After waiting on hold for about 20 minutes to activate my new phone, I dealt with a totally flippant disinterested individual. He failed to successfully transfer my minutes and service days, and when I pointed this out to him his words were, "Even the U.S. government makes mistakes. What are you worried about? "The next 10 minutes were spent listening to him talk to his co-workers in his native language, while occasionally telling me to be patient. Finally I hung up and called back, when I was met with a similarly incompetent individual who not only didn't fix the problem, but made it worse. I would not recommend Net10 to anyone, ever. This is just the latest problem I've encountered in 5 years of dealing with this company. Buyer beware.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

NET10 Wireless is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. NET10 offers nationwide cell phone service through pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans.

• Plan options: NET10 offers several types of plans so consumers can choose one that fits their needs. Plan options include pay-as-you-go, monthly service, international calling plans, family plans and mobile hotspot plans. They also offer an upgrade plan in which consumers pay a higher fee for monthly service and earn upgrades on phones.
  • Autopay discount: Customers who sign up for NET10’s Auto-Refill can save 10 percent off their monthly service fees. There is no penalty or fee for canceling Auto-Refill.
  • Features: NET10 plans come with voicemail, caller ID and call waiting. Customers can also purchase additional protection for their device.
  • Buy Now Airtime: Customers with pay-as-you-go plans can easily add minutes to their phone with the Buy Now Airtime feature. Minutes are added directly from their phone; they simply have to set up a payment method in advance.
  • Carryover Benefits: Some NET10 plans have the Carryover Benefit feature. When customers add days or minutes to these plans, those minutes are added to their existing minutes instead of replacing them.
  • Best for NET10 is best for budget-conscious consumers, non-cell phone users and temporary users.

Compare Prepaid Phones