3.9/5 (562 ratings)

About NET10 Wireless

Net10 Wireless provides wireless phone plans without a contract. Smartphone plans start around $20 per month for unlimited talk and text plus data. Pay-as-you-go plans let you choose your minutes and service days. Customers can also opt into convenient auto-refill through the company’s website.

NET10 Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I had been a Net10 customer for around 7 years with no outstanding problems. Then, in November 2021, I received an email saying I had to update my phone because Net10 was going to VOLTE service and my phone wasn't compatible. Thought it was just an advertisement type of thing so deleted the email. Starting in December 2021 I started getting bombarded with emails and texts saying the same thing. I checked and my phone is VOLTE compatible. Called Net10, lower tier customer service gave me a spiel saying my phone wasn't compatible, I was finally able to get through several tiers to get to their Corporate Office (CO). CO person verified my phone as VOLTE compatible, said it was a glitch in their system and they'd get it fixed.

I continued to constantly get their "Update your phone" notifications. I called Net10 again, went up through the tiers to CO again. That CO person verified my phone was compatible, promised to get things fixed, and to stop the notifications. The notifications intensified. I called them again, up the tiers, another CO person that called their other CO people liars, my phone wasn't compatible and I had to get another phone. Then he hung up on me.

I called right back, up the tiers, another CO person, she said the problem is because my old phone (that wasn't VOLTE compatible) was on my account - since it's tied to my account that's why I'm getting notifications. She verified my current phone is indeed VOLTE compatible and repeated that in front of my adult son so I had a witness. She removed my old phone and promised to get things fixed.

By the end of December nothing has gotten fixed and I'm getting their notifications daily. Suddenly, I can't call my voicemail because, when I do, my call is redirected to their customer service department. When I try to make outgoing calls they are also redirected to their customer service. I'm sick of it and I start to yell when I'm on the phone with them.

I sign up for another cell provider, put in their SIM card, have a temp phone number to use. I'm asked for a PIN to port my number. I put in the PIN but my number won't port because my PIN isn't correct. I call Net10 again, am on hold for 22 minutes, and get a Verizon agent (Net10 was purchased by Verizon apparently). That agent said they'll transfer me to Net10. On hold for 18 minutes (yes, I'm paying that close attention because I am so angry by this point!), lower tier gives me the "you need to update your phone" spiel I tell them to shut up because I need CO. That agent told me this was "my first warning". I told her that if she had already transferred me to CO I wouldn't have talked to her that way, I was sick of their lies and this was her ONLY warning!

I was finally transferred to CO after talking to two other agents and being on hold for a grand total of 180 minutes. The CO person transferred me to the Port Department, that woman said she'd send a manual override PIN to my email within the hour. No PIN email arrived that night. No PIN email arrived the next morning. I was so fed up by this time my son hunted around and found the vice-president's number online and called...and yelled at him. Threatening them with a class action lawsuit if this wasn't immediately fixed. I suddenly had a PIN email! Relief was in sight! (Could it be the VP knew that by redirecting my outgoing calls they had committed several felonies..?) Anyway,

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I've received an email and text message telling me my phone will no longer work after February 20, 2022. I have attempted to resolve this by logging into my account and selecting Chat/Help. Evidently, no one is home at NET10 because I just go through a continuous loop of messages stating they need to verify my account. Yet, text message and email is not an option and there are no other options for verification...Go figure?

So, I called, that was another dead end. I chose to have a representative call me back because there was a long wait time. I received a call back within 30 minutes, however, it was just another recorded message: "All of our representatives are busy, hold on and you will be transferred". This is when it gets even more ridiculous! Once my call was transferred, I get another recording telling me this is a non-working number and was disconnected. So, after being a customer of NET10 for 10 years, with 3 lines of service on autopay, I'm done. My phones are less than a year old.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I dumped Net10 after 10 years. Customer service is somewhere in the middle east and no American English is spoken. Trying and failing to activate a new phone for their change to 4g and 5g was the last straw. Happily I found service at a better price with actual customer service. I should have dumped Net10 years ago. I advise everyone avoid Net10 and also Tracfone which is the same outfit.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

They made me to upgrade a nice basic phone which had about $150 on it; all this minutes ($$$) just gone because of the monthly plan I had to buy. No credit for the wasted money despite hours listening to "Your call is important to us".

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

During the last 4 days, I have been unable to place any calls. All calls begin ringing, and then they are redirected to a service number. Thus, the phone and phone line work as I am talking to consumer service using my phone. After at least 10 conversations with consumer service, providing the same info each time (name, number, problem, etc.), speaking with 3 managers and applying the same "solution" 4 times... I gave up. I had to switch to a problem I could solve by changing phone companies. There was nothing Net10 could do until I purchased a new phone (which they were happy to help me purchase from their website). I could not place calls, yet I could receive calls. I cannot access voicemail - even the ones with emergency information.

My ability to place calls and access voicemail is "unavailable" or according to Net10 until I purchased a new phone. My bill was paid, and I regularly paid every bill on time for years. My phone, in my words, was hijacked for profit. Going forward, will phone companies require all consumers to upgrade every 4 years or even less? I understand new phones are a beautiful and meaningful purchase for many people; I am happy for those people. Not everyone can afford a new phone.

I guess basic phone service with family members and 911 is not vital enough to be considered a right for all. Fortunately, I can afford a new and I must. Talking to my aging parents, each day, is vital. I will change my phone service immediately. No person should have their phone service restricted, so they can be sold a new phone/make more profit. This sudden, immediate and unannounced restriction in phone service feels unlawful and has created time consuming challenges for me. Perhaps the FCC is encouraging these changes and business practices, their website says, "Supporting the nation's economy by ensuring an appropriate competitive framework for the unfolding of the communications revolution."

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have not had service for 3 days. I have called multiple times and was told I did have service or the problem was fixed. Still no service. So, desperation made me buy a card to add minutes. Then I'm told the NET10 card is not compatible with my phone! I have begged and pleaded for help and it's always ..turn my phone off for 20 seconds and turn back on. I've been doing this jumping thru hoops for 3 days STILL NO SERVICE! This is outrageous. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NEXT? I'm a long time customer and they have no concern that I am without phone service. This company should not be allowed to do business in this country!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I was a Net 10 customer for 9 years. They were ok as long as everything was running smoothly. Getting in touch with customer service is difficult should a problem need attention. I was on auto pay for my phone. I purchased a new phone with another carrier and cancelled service. The same day, as I was changing over service, I was debited for a month's service, nearly $50. They would not refund the money. Bad Policy folks.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Tried to transfer acct. to new phone. After hour and a half over two days with three techs I was told it would take 15-20 minutes. Nope. Called several times during day and robot said it would take several HOURS. Day later went back on chat. Tech tells me transfer cannot be effected because of phone incompatibility. They could not have told me this when I requested transfer?! Meanwhile old phone no longer works. Just a bunch of bozos.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been an Active Net 10 Customer since my 1st Cell Phone over 10 years so far, in the last week or so I have not been able to send or receive pictures or access my Browser. Net 10 Customer service is sad and worthless. It appears I must buy a new phone buy a new Data Plan. I have had same service as of day one but things changed without letting me know something first. After my Minutes are finished/used up I am going to another Provider and Phone. No Loyalty with these Net 10 Pirates, They could Care less about their Customers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Ordered a new phone + plan from them almost 3 weeks ago, which was supposed to be sent with 2-day shipping, but received nothing. Now this was not their fault since mailing was up to the shipping company, but after talking to 7-8 different people over the past 3 weeks for a total on-air time of many hours, and not being able to get a refund, it has become a nightmare. I cannot sign up for a new plan or purchase a new phone from any other company until I get back the refund I paid to Net10.

Every time I call they say that they are working on it and it will be taken care of in 24-48 hours (initially they were telling me 3-5 days, but it became shorter as they kept "escalating" the call). Of course nothing happens during the specified time frame and when I call back it is another hour on hold as they "escalate" it from one person to another, and that person "keeps checking" on something. Then they say it will be resolved in 24-48 hours (the last time it was another 72 hours, but wasn't I told that every time I call?)

I think this is a fraudulent scam. Corporate is collecting people's money, but no one can contact them and they have armies of low-cost telephone customer support people to shield them so they can steal people's money and not have to deal with it. Will never use Net10 ever and I suggest you do not either, no matter what kind of promotion they offer. I did not investigate reviews enough before buying a phone from them (of course the sales people have no restrictions on what they can do, but after you've paid, impossible to get anything done). I thought that since I was buying a top-of-the-line brand new phone and they have access to the Verizon network, I would not have to deal with their customer service, but I never thought that I would not receive the phone. So anyone can have need to deal with their customer service at some point.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I've had NET10 and their LG phones for 10 years with great service. I was notified in August that I had to buy a new phone as they were migrating to a new system. I Bought a new Samsung Galaxy A10e from NET10 with their required 24 month plan. The phone will let me call out, but the touch screen will not let me answer incoming calls. I have to go to missed calls and return calls. I've talked to over a dozen tech reps and senior reps with the only result, that they want me to buy a second new phone and send the first back for them to check. They provide no warranty on the new phones they sell. If you need to buy a new phone buy it somewhere else and save the headache of dealing with NET10 NON Support.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have had this service in different phones not only mine years. No discounts, no nothing and I pay high dollar cards. I am looking for better. $65 and you think it be fast service and not slow speed. Not Happy and with this virus the cards raise? Looking for better places. Now $70 cards really??

Original review: July 19, 2020

If you're looking for a phone service please do not waste your time with this company! Their customer service is terrible. I have been with this company for close to 10 years mainly because it was affordable and the only service that would work in my rural area. However they have not once offered me a discount on service or even acknowledge me as a loyal customer for this long. Whenever I have an issue it takes a large amount of patience to just deal with their representative which are never easy to comprehend. This company is definitely only looking for profit not to please its customer's. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The speed of the data when not on wifi is absolutely terrible. I did a speed test. The results for the download speed is 0.06Mps. When I am not on wifi, I can not even get internet at all. Net10 is a bad company in my opinion. Back in the day, dial up internet over a land line phone was a lot better than net10. I would give 0 stars if I was able to. The service is very bad and the phones they sell are absolutely junk. The CPU on the phone over heats as well. Net10 should be ashamed of having terrible data speeds, phones that are junk, etc. Come on net10, get with the program. I am considering switching companies and would not recommend Net10 to anyone.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have been a Net10 customer since 2006, and I have NEVER had any problems until this year. I have an older phone, a Nokia 1100. All I wanted was the ability to make and receive calls and text. Over the years, I have purchased additional minutes every other month, either with a phone card or through the Net10 website. As I said - NEVER had a problem until this year. I purchased minutes three times this year, the most recent was today (6-6-20).

With all three purchases, I have had the same problem wherein the service end date does not change and my newly purchased minutes are not added to my phone. With the two previous incidents, I spent frustrating HOURS on with various customer service reps trying to get the problem resolved. The problem clearly lies with Net 10, because each time, they were able to fix the problem and get my service back on track. Most of the time, the CSRs have been patient and courteous; today, however, the CSR insisted that the problem must be with my phone.

On their end, he said the additional minutes and updated service end date are showing up, but I explained that the information did not transfer to my phone. I explained the situation over and over again to the CSR, also telling him over and over how this has happened before and Net 10 fixed it. He just kept repeating that their system shows the added minutes and new service end date. I asked to be transferred to another CSR; I was put on hold only to be disconnected a few minutes later (which has also happened before). Another problem I have experienced is the Net 10 service area - there are huge areas where my phone shows NO BARS, which is a big problem if I need to make a call. It's another problem that I didn't have before this year. I guess the only resolution is to buy a different phone and sign up with a different company.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Avoid this company like the plague. I've been a customer since 2011. The service USED to be reliable until 2020. Now, I have very frequent service interruptions for no reason whatsoever. In the beginning, it would happened overnight. I would wake up in the morning and SOMETHING would always be off. Phone Service. Internet. Voicemail. Texting. Every month, I would have some kind of outage. Sometimes 2 or 3 times in the same month.

The customer service line seems to be answered in South America. Most of rep's English comprehension skills are horrible. No matter what you say, they mindlessly read a script back to you that doesn't address your issue. Most of them don't have a clue about how to handle technical problems. Their solution to EVERY problem is, "Turn your phone off and turn in back on again." Phone Service. Texting. Voicemail. Internet. All going out at the worst possible times and it took me an average of 5 HOURS to find a customer service rep intelligent enough to fix the issue. You will NEVER get your issue resolved with the first call. NEVER.

Net10/Tracfone does not own any cell towers. They piggy-back off of the towers of REAL cell phone companies like Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. I am looking for a job. I have a video interview in the morning. All I have is my phone. Of course, the internet went down. I have just spent nearing 6 HOURS dealing with over 15 different reps to get my internet service turned back on. When I find a job, one of my first priorities will be to leave this sorry excuse for a cell phone company. If you are looking for a job, if you have someone in your life who MUST be able to contact you, if you need your cell phone for your livelihood, etc. DO NOT activate with Net10/Tracfone. Read all of the other reviews. We can't all be lying.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Had good service until I tried to switch and keep my same number. I switched to Att and kept my same number. Now Net10 will not end my service and allow me to keep my number. I have called and keep get transferred From person to person and no one seems to be able to correct this issue.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Over the past 5 years I have been using Net10. I buy a fairly cheap phone and use Net 10's BYOP plan. The cell phone coverage is very good and I have never had a problem with anything. Idk why more people don't use Net10. It's so cheap, no contract, and awesome cell coverage.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I don't know where to begin. The incompetence of this company needs to be exposed on YouTube because not enough people read this. This company keeps turning off my phone and I have to spend 5 hours minimum each time to get it back on. It's happened 6 times in the since last fall. I have complained to corporate office in Miami, spent an hour explaining their broken promises and poor service.

The guy I spoke with did not care. Their regular customer service is horrible 9 out 10 times. It will take you many calls and transfers to find someone who can help with basic issues. I can give so much info about how bad this company is for a multitude of issues. Each time I call one of their #s, they announce calls are recorded, and I also start recording, to document things. I have over 20 hours of evidence if there is an agency interested to audit this company. The state of California and its citizens using Net10 are being ripped off by the poor service. I plan to contact agencies in California next to report Net10, to get their government contract revoked.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Well I've been a dedicated customer of Net10 for some time now and I've never been happy with their service, especially their low amount of data they give, but I was considering a different company like Metro because they offer unlimited data for less while Net10 only offers a measly 8 or 10 gigs. Well I decided to give them a chance to see if they have a heart. I figured other companies are being kind during this coronavirus so maybe they will be too. I get paid my social security on May 1. 2 days after my service ends. I simply asked to get an extension for 2 days. Well, no of course. Even manager said no. Of course I said I would not only quit service but also badmouth them. So here I am. They suck and I am no longer a customer. I suggest no one ever get their overpriced ** service. End. Ty.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My cell phone had become deactivated somehow and I called the customer service line at Net10. It was escalated twice over 8 days and it was finally restored by a gentleman named Rudolpho. It was very inconvenient not having service for a week, but I was happy it was taken care of, finally!!!

Original review: March 16, 2020

I purchased a hot spot and 2.5 GB of data for 40.59 on March 4th. I received it a couple of days later, I could not activate the hot spot or use it so I went to FEDEX and since there was no return label I paid FEDEX 14.99 to ship it back, they received it back march 12th. I heard nothing from them after so I went online chat at Net 10 and gave them the information and I took a photo of the conversation where they said it could take 3-5 business days or 30 days for my refund. I was left in the dark with them, I will never purchase from net 10 or Trackphone ever again.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I have been on auto pay with Net10 for the past years for a phone for my disabled brother. The other day he had to walk 5 miles to my house to tell me his phone doesnt work. I looked at the account online, it said the phone (original phone purchased through net10) was no longer compatible. I checked my bank account. They still took the monthly fee out the day prior to discontinuing service. I ordered a new phone. I had to call to activate the phone. 30+ minutes on the phone with a foreign c/s dept and they activated the phone with a new number. Did I mention the phone is for my disabled brother, it's a developmental disability. A new number would be very difficult to him to learn.

I was put through to a supervisor, another 30+ minutes. She informed me they no longer had the original phone (assume the previous person deleted it). Very frustrated I asked for a refund of the money they robbed from my account while providing no service, they transferred me to the refund department and of course disconnected me. i tried to call back, asked to be transferred to the refund department. He also disconnected me!! Do not use NET10. Scam alert, I now have been forced to purchase a phone and I have no phone number! And 1 star is too high.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Net 10 wins the award for dumbest customer service ever! I spent days and hours trying to fix my caller ID and network error. Each time they give another dumb reason why it doesn't work. Even the managers are stupid. They don't understand and they have no idea what they are talking about. Do not use them. It's worth the extra bucks to use Verizon.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I think the price point of 35.00 unlimited is a great price for service, I just wish that my range of service was better and the customer service was a lot more personable. I like being able to purchase the phones I like and not paying $100.00 for a phone bill. That's just crazy!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Worthless, switching carriers. Net10 is garbage. FedEx is garbage. Combined they're AMAZINGLY inept. After 4 "attempts" (there was someone home for each and every time they claim they were there and not once did the doorbell ring or knock, even my dogs didn't alert there was someone near the house let alone the door) to deliver a $16 PHONE THAT FOR WHATEVER REASON REQUIRED A SIGNATURE PER NET10, they sent the standard "10 days to pick up" letter. I go to pick the phone up for my grandmother and net10 has already requested it be returned to them.

I went to chat and was told they couldn't reship with anyone let alone anyone that wasn't FedEx, my money was being refunded minus the shipping fee in 1-2 BILLING CYCLES. Meanwhile the phone's gone up in price and I'm still being double billed monthly for my grandmother's service which has been happening since July. Save your money. Save the frustration. Just go with another carrier.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

The Net 10 phone I have had for a very long time. When I first got it, it was more of a replacement for one of the older models which the company had sent to me for free. The phones overall have a good range of cost per service. You can pick from the cheapest is about 25 dollars a month. Usually that has worked well however I seem to have noticed that sometimes the life of the batteries doesn't last as long as it should and seems to need more charging more often.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

It took me three attempts to try to work with Net10 Cellular before I realized I was dealing with a unfair company. On three different occasions with three different plans and phones (all within my family), Net10 took our stored minutes away and claimed that they saw no evidence of us having the minutes. What is so unfortunate is the last time this happened, I worked with a customer service rep (Rally) who confirmed to me that the minutes had been unintentionally taken back by the company (he claimed a technical glitch). Rally told me to call Net10 back after 24 hours and talk to Technical Support, which I did. The new person (Rollyn) claimed that there was no record by Rally of missing minutes and nowhere on my customer profile that I had the minutes in the first place. I think Net10 is the most dishonest company I have ever worked with. I'm done with them and suggest that you stay away!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I have been using my phone for over 10 years. I tried to add minutes this month and was told my phone was not compatible with their system. My minutes were purchased under their terms, which stated that any remainder would roll over into the next month as long as I added airtime every 30 days. When I tried they would not sell me any airtime and so my service ended today. When it did they stole over 5000 minutes that I had already paid for. They said my phone was not compatible with their system (after working fine for over 10 years). So I lost over $500.00 because they breached the contract. Would not transfer my minutes to another phone, will not compensate me in any form. Small claims court coming up.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I had the same NET10 basic phone and service for about 15 years and everything was ok. My phone broke but I had a new one that I had bought years ago. I called net10 and they told me the new phone wouldn't work with any carrier in my area and they sent me another phone. I called them to activate the new phone and transfer the minutes that I had accumulated as I had been told to do by the service rep when I had called about my phone being broke. They told me that they had some bad news for me. My old phone number had been recycled and the accumulated minutes were also gone. Bye bye net10.

NET10 Wireless Company Information