3.9/5 (637 ratings)

About NET10 Wireless

Net10 Wireless provides wireless phone plans without a contract. Smartphone plans start around $20 per month for unlimited talk and text plus data. Pay-as-you-go plans let you choose your minutes and service days. Customers can also opt into convenient auto-refill through the company’s website.

NET10 Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NET10 Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I had the same NET10 basic phone and service for about 15 years and everything was ok. My phone broke but I had a new one that I had bought years ago. I called net10 and they told me the new phone wouldn't work with any carrier in my area and they sent me another phone. I called them to activate the new phone and transfer the minutes that I had accumulated as I had been told to do by the service rep when I had called about my phone being broke. They told me that they had some bad news for me. My old phone number had been recycled and the accumulated minutes were also gone. Bye bye net10.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I've been with Net10 for ten years, and up until the past 2 years or so, they were great. However, now, practically everything about their service is bad, with the only exception being voice calling. My text messaging works sometimes, and group messaging not at all. I can sometimes send pictures or receive pictures, but mostly it doesn't work. Customer service, though they've been polite to me, have not been helpful or offer an impossible solution, like sending my phone for a two week turn around; or calling from another phone.

This company not only does not value me as a customer; it is unscrupulous in its intentional lackluster service and does not have even a modicum of integrity for its shoddy service. I agree with the earlier comment that Net10 should be penalized for their blatant inferior services or at the least, forced to take responsibility. It's a shame, that a company that was such a great, budget friendly alternative 10 years ago, has come to this. But it is, what it is. Unless you are willing to experience a whole lot of frustration, steer clear of Net10.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

They got me too, for 25$. We need to start a lawsuit against them to get our money back as well as a petition to get them shut down to stop this from happening!!! Biggest ripoff company "if you can call it that" that I have ever dealt with!!! Pissed and I’ll go without a phone before I give them another dime!!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have signed up for the auto refill on this site. Today thought I'd check it out, confirm next refill date, etc. And found a surprise. The site states that they are updating network in my area which is why my current phone will no longer work and can't be reactivated. The reference to the link to See Phones doesn't work. Mind you, had I not checked in today, would have never known as I am on auto refill. Imagine my phone goes dead and all I could do would be wondering why. The company running this site doesn't care. They have all my info, email address, of course phone number, but didn't bother to notify me of such an event. Contacting customer service is next to impossible. All you get is a dummy (robot) response. Will be looking for the greener pastures. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. There are better places.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

On Oct 9, 2019 (Wednesday) I bought a new phone from another company and they transferred my phone number. I thought they also cancelled my account with Net10, but that did not happen. Funny you would think that when another company starts using the same phone number something would show up, but anywho. On October 14, 2019 I checked my Net10 to finish transferring my phone list and deleting pictures etc and I noticed that I still had service, so I called and cancelled the service. Net10 took the money by auto pay on the 13th. I figured that since they took it on Sunday and I cancelled on Monday I would get a refund.

My Mistake, when I called today October 16, 2019 to see when I might expect to see my refund I was told there would NOT be a refund, that after the payment is taken by auto pay there can NEVER be a refund. So basically I was told that for One (1) day of service that I paid $35.86... There would not be a refund no matter how many supervisors I talked to and would I like to take a survey? You know what the can do with their survey. They do not care if you are not happy, they have your money and will not give it back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Dealing with this company is a nightmare. They operate like a racket. It’s as though the company must’ve received preferential small business loans and treatment when it contracted with other major carriers to be able to use their towers. That’s the only way I can see this company reaching the point it’s at now. It’s evident that the company employs many people outside the U.S. Furthermore, it’s evident why. This company pays pittance to its employees and gets unacceptable work. The way this company messes up everything should be illegal. Furthermore, it doesn’t matter how high up the chain-of-command one goes; the service doesn’t get any better.

I’ve had an issue since June of 2019. I checked their website and saw that a special was running for purchasing the 8-gigabyte plan. I called the company and spoke to a sales representative and purchased that plan. The representative informed me that the plan is $40 monthly. However, those enrolled in autopay save $4 on their monthly bills. So, for them, it’s $36 monthly.

Currently, I pay $35 monthly for the 4-gigabyte plan—despite being enrolled in autopay. So, I agreed to the upgrade. I told the representative that I wanted to be placed in autopay for the 8-gigabyte plan. I thought the transaction was resolved. However, this was just the beginning of dealing with Net10’s incompetence. July of 2019, I found out that I was once again back on the 4-gigabyte plan. Apparently, despite my calling to upgrade my plan, the sales representative only paused my 4-gigabyte plan while he enrolled me into the 8-gigabyte plan. In July, the 4-gigabyte plan resumed. So, in June of 2019, I paid for 2 plans.

Now, in July of 2019, I called and eventually was transferred to a supervisor because the customer service representative refused to comprehend what I was saying—regarding the aforementioned outlined in this post. So, after explaining myself to the supervisor, he placed me in the 8-gigabyte plan and allegedly made a note to subtract $10 from my bill in August of 2019. This is because I actually paid $40 for the 8-gigabyte plan in July of 2019—despite being enrolled in autopay. So, now, the company owed me the difference in the discount that I was entitled to.

Now, in August of 2019, I went out of the country for 2 weeks. I got back near the end of the month. In September of 2019, I was busy. However, in October of 2019, I bought another phone and ported my number to my new phone. I also installed some applications on my phone. One of the applications was “My Account.” Through “My Account,” I found out that I was once again placed on the 4-gigabyte plan. So, now, I decided to call corporate. First, the manager at corporate clearly didn’t read all of the notes of my account because I had to explain to her 4 times what I’ve detailed in this post. This causes me to believe that the notes that were allegedly made on my account weren’t actually made.

By the way, at this point, I asked for compensation of some form—due to the continuous issues I’ve been going through with this company. I was told that she couldn’t offer me anything. This I won’t accept. I’m owed a credit, and I want my credit. This company has continuously mishandled my account since June of 2019. My time is valuable. So, I’m going to be compensated for it. What will you be offering?

Backtracking a bit, while speaking to this corporate manager, she offered to make my upgrade go into effect immediately. However, I’ve already paid my bill for October of 2019. So, I would’ve been paying twice again. Thus, the upgrade, allegedly, goes into effect in November of 2019. Also, while I was talking to the corporate manager, she told me that there weren’t any notes of my account detailing that I requested to cancel my 4-gigabyte plan when I called to upgrade to the 8-gigabyte plan. When I questioned her on why would I want to keep both, she didn’t have an answer. I told her that was another slip-up of Net10’s employees.

Furthermore, it should be common sense that when I called to upgrade to the 8-gigabyte plan, I didn’t want to keep the 4-gigabyte plan. I shouldn’t have to explain that. However, I did inform the sales representative in June of 2019 of this. I also told the supervisor in July of 2019 of this. Anyway, Net10, how are you going to rectify this situation?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Scam, Scam, Scam >>>First, they left you without Internet last 2 or 3 days of your next payment, so they make you buy more internet access! So moving to another company. They did not transfer and let my personal number release until they make sure they charge me a new month payment, they give you excuses to keep you and charge you and no money back and no refund! They told me that I was inform wrong from another employee and nobody knows! Refund department is to really steal your $$$! They did it to my wife last July 2019 and now they did the same to me. Since Friday wait, wait, wait until today Tuesday they finally release my number to T-Mobile and no refund. Charge me the same. Friday when I ask to release my personal Number!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This site is a scam. I have been with these people since 2008. Ran out of data 8/23/2019. Had the 35 unlimited plan. Purchase the 40 dollar plan with 8 gbs of data same day only to find out I’m out of data by 9/4/2019.. Called Net10 to see why my data is going fast like that and they blamed me and said because I used it all.. My phone is a work phone and I use it the same everyday. I have never ran out of data that quick in the 11 years I have been with net10! I asked for them to prove to me that I used that much data that quickly and the rep said they cannot. He said that they have proof and can see I used it all but they can't give me the proof or show me the proof. Scam company and I will never use net10 again. I will be contacting a lawyer and plan to sue them for false advertisement and scam service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I called the company to see if they would replace my phone since it was defective. They said they would. I thought they sent me a replacement phone, but it was only packaging for me to send my phone back to them. I called them to ask where the replacement phone was and they said I had to send mine back to them first. Even though many features on the phone did not work I could still get a call. I contacted them and asked that I get the replacement phone so I could set it up and not miss important calls. I assured them I would send them the defective phone. I pleaded with them and they did not care at all. When the phone died completely, I sent it back as they requested and they had told me they would send me a replacement. I sent it back at the end of July 2019.

Fed Ex shows that they signed and received it July 31, 2019. It is now almost a month later August 27, 2019 and I have not received the replacement. I have to think they stole my phone under false pretenses of giving me a replacement. Interesting how they can send me only packaging to send the defective phone back in just a few days. They can get my package with my phone and charger within a week, but cannot give me a replacement within the month. What am I supposed to think. Right now it seems that the company stole my phone with false pretenses of sending me a replacement, so they can refurbish the old phone and sell it. It has been a month and no replacement. I will be contacting the company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I cancelled my account 2 years ago. I started getting monthly charges again 15 months ago. My timeline is approximate because I am unsure of exact dates. I was unable to get help from the company. They said because I did not know the phone number or serial number they couldn't help! I don't have the phone!!! Customer service was hard to understand and kept asking for phone or serial number. I started disputing with procedures with my credit card company. They tried to speak with the Net10 customer service and were told the same info. I have now put 4 disputes in with a total of 12 monthly charges to be refunded. The credit card company resolves it in my favor but Net10 keeps charging me. They have my card number and personal info. They have to be able to look me up somehow!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was fine with Net10 AT&T for about a year but got tired of the signal. Recently very weak. I don't know if people call me when there's not even a bar. There a cell phone tower from my apt just half a mile away. It should actually help. Even when I go outside I don't get any more than 3 bars. Sure it's enough. Four full bars is what I always expect to have and for $22 a month? Yeah that's what you get. Gonna give Verizon a try. Customer service tell me I gotta buy a new SIM card. Bought 3 already. I give up. If you want better coverage, signal and speed go with the original carriers AT&T OR VERIZON. T-MOBILE IS GOOD TOO...why? Because third party carriers kinda suck! Even on their same tower! Really. We all want good cheap stuff in life but if you want quality gotta pay extra for it.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have a second phone for my mother (who is elderly and has Parkinson's) in case of emergency, it's been on auto pay for years with no problems and they took the money out of my account the end of June 2019. A few days later I check the phone to see if its still charged and it says 0.0 minutes 361 service days left when it should say 50000 minutes and 27 service days left. Tried turning it off and on, still no work. Called one of their reps and was told that they couldn't fix it now, call back in the morning. I tried the online chat and they said I have to wait 24-48 hours for it to get resolved, same thing the next two times I called. I asked if I would get credited for the days it was unusable, they said no. Still waiting for this to get resolved.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Was pretty good for the last 7 years. These last few months it has been my worst nightmare. I have lost business due to not being able to talk out or receive calls. I am not in their "service area" 80-90% of the time? Switching to Verizon because I get no answers from cust. service. Pitiful excuse for a business.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I ordered an Alcatel phone that was labeled a smart phone along with a phone card. The phone took a few weeks to arrive. When it finally did the sim card was not valid. I also realized the phone they sent me was not a true smart phone. I could not link up with Wi-Fi or download any apps. I contacted the company and agreed I would receive a refund if I returned the phone and the airtime card. I had to pay return shipping myself which I did. I also paid to be able to track the package so I know they received it. I waited two weeks and then questioned where my refund was. They said it could take up to three weeks. I have waited two months and received nothing. I will never do business with this company again. They have my money and the phone.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I spent 6 hours on the phone with 6 different customer service reps trying to upgrade to a newer phone in the same network. They each promised it would work except one, that said it couldn't be done. Finally I talked to Camilla who solved the problem in 30 minutes. Lesson learned be persistent and ask for Camilla.

Original review: March 23, 2019

After 2 years on autopay with the company, we had moved to the country and I had a faint signal. Yet it would work when I traveled to town, one day the phone simply quit receiving signal (March 6th 2019) while in the process of porting over to Verizon Wireless. Today, March 23rd, I was told that I would still have service and an autopay account??? I had to request to cancel autopay. I did, and also asked for the refund or credit for March 14th for the current month, since the 6th was the last time I was able to place the call.

The agent stated that she showed no complaint or call-ins by me and would not refund the current month and became very argumentative. Ultimately, I told her that I would just contact our bank and have it reversed and we did. I explained before the conversation got me angry that I would Blog the crap out of my experience and warn everyone about their behavior and I wanted to keep my word. STAY AWAY FROM NET10 WIRELESS!!! Or at least cancel your autopay way early, they don't care if they earned their money or not from you...

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have been with Net10 for about 8 years now. I have had the worst service since January 2019 than I have had the whole time I've had my phone. It will not make calls half of the time. It will not receive calls half of the time. I'm lucky to get Messenger or text messaging to work occasionally. Do not get Net10. I was very happy with their service up until recently. The reason I stayed with them so long was their service was great everywhere I traveled to. I don't know if they merged or what happened. Their service is worth nothing to me and I will be leaving Net10. I tried to reach customer service. I can't understand them and they cannot understand me. It's a lose-lose situation. I am just done. I give them a one-star because it makes you give them something to do a review. It will not let you give them a minus which is what I feel they deserve at this time.

Original review: March 16, 2019

They send me a hotspot with an unstable signal. It’s eating out my data without me even using it. They offered a Dara refund but haven’t kept their word. I don’t understand why they haven’t refund me the data they said they were going to refund.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I recently was told by Net10 phone dolts that my fone no longer would work on Net10. I found out that the signal to my area was reduced to almost nothing. Then the phone dolts told me that they would send me a new fone. I received a 5 year old fone that had apps deleted then I found that the minutes I had on my fone, 650 were stolen from me by the Net10 con artists. Time for all of us to start a class action lawsuit. Help fellow Americans from the same con. Viva America.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So I change service after years of service with them to a family plan. Transfer my number on the 12th on Jan 2019 and they say that the autofill I was in charged me 2 hrs before the switch. Still need to go to my bank to confirm if fraud was made. But to see that customer service would not refund or even just reactivate my old phone with a new number so I could use the service I paid for is sad and wouldn't ever recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using Net10 for years now. I have had it so long that I have built up 16600.50 minutes. On December 14 I added the $30.00 plan 60 days of service 300 minutes to find out the man on the phone that took my refill order charged my credit card but didn't add them to my phone. So I called Net10. The girl on the phone tells me my phone was shut off because I didn't pay. It had been taken out of my bank account twice. So I get to talk to a supervisor. She turns it back on but tells me I only have 9000 minutes. I say I'm looking at my phone and it clearly shows 16600.50 minutes left. Well to sum it up I lost 7000 minutes due to the STUPID PEOPLE they have working for them. Was told that I must have added the minutes myself. There is no way I could add minutes without paying for them. 7000 minutes is a lot of money down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have no complaints about the phone service per se - rarely have I had any issues. My beef is with their website/customer service. It's a mess. It took me four hours over two days to purchase a phone from the site (calling customer service is not an option - they were clueless). Also, when I recently tried to log into my account, I was told my password was invalid. I had them send me my password... which still didn't work. It's as if no one hears what you are saying, or they are unable to do the simplest tasks - like resetting a password!! I will have to try customer service/support to get some help, but judging from my other interactions with them, I'm not optimistic.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My elderly mother has been using Net10 for years, it’s simple and cheap for her and she’s not fond of change. She needed a new basic phone for her basic needs, of course I couldn’t find anything on their website, and went looking on Amazon. Found a phone that would work for her, but before I ordered it I contacted Net10 to make sure it would work and that we could transfer her number and existing minutes. “As long as it is a Net10 branded phone, it will work just fine”. HA. Got the phone and called to activate, told “There is a system error call back in 24 hours”. Called back the next day told “The SIM card is showing as defective, return it to where you bought it and get a new one”. Got replacement from Amazon, called again, told: “The SIM card is showing as ‘VOID’, we will send a new one 3-5 days”.

Waited and got new SIM installed and called AGAIN, guy activates the new SIM on the OLD phone without verifying the serial number, even after I told him it was for a new phone that hadn’t been activated yet: told “We need to send another SIM card”. Asked for a supervisor, who after 25 minutes FINALLY acknowledged that it was their mistake that caused the problem (I should mention that at this point the SIM cards in both new and old phones were now void, her phone number and minutes attached to the new phone but without a functional SIM card). I asked if since it was their mistake that caused the problem could they pay to send it overnight as my mother was now effectively without a phone.

The response after another 10 minutes of double talk, and trying to tell me I had to add airtime minutes to the phone in order for her existing minutes and number to be transferred, was that they are only able to send overnight if I paid for it, that it is not possible for them to pay for shipping. I purchased the original phone on 12/26 it is now 1/7 and not only does my mother not have a new phone but she doesn’t have any phone, and they wouldn’t even muster an apology for their screw up, just a simple “Yes we screwed up but it is impossible for us to do anything to make up for it”. Worse customer service in any industry, and THAT is a generous compliment compared to what they deserve.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have been with NET10 for over 10 years because they're cheap. I travel the USA on tours and the wireless service is what you pay for...cheap! But if you go into it with that attitude you'll be okay at that point. HOWEVER, there could actually be a Reality TV Show themed on the customer service interactions and capabilities. The customer service is simply NON-EXISTENT. Oh sure you'll get to try to have a conversation with an individual but you better have your sneakers on because you're gonna be running around in circles for however long you can manage to hang in there until you realize you're not gonna get anywhere and you just wasted that much of your life for nothing. I would've given them less than 1 star except that's not an option.

Now for the products they sell you. If you think you're getting a top quality Samsung or LG device when you purchase from them online, you're NOT. I got a Samsung J7 from an outside retailer and paid over $200 for it. I got the Samsung J7 from Net10 for $99 and it is a cheap imitation and half the phone, hence the price.

Now here's the kicker...less than 30 days after I had gotten my J7 phone from Net10 I had trouble with it connecting to any Bluetooth devices so I contacted customer service and guess what? They won't replace my phone because of such issues. And that was decided after spending time with an agent running through procedures to see if it would connect. So this last time I got the shaft with a runaround. I kept the copied transcript of the service session to back up my review. I'm finally getting off the merry go round and reverting to a landline and answer machine at the house. Ahhh the good ol days of Peace of Mind! The telephone is no longer 75% of my day! What are we thinking?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I kept the NET 10 service for nearly 4 years. Every four to six months they would forget to process my "Automatic" renewal and I would have to call customer service to get it set up again. But it was so cheap I kept using it. This time when they did not process my renewal they deactivated my phone and told me I had to pay a $20 service charge to have it reactivated and that I would lose the 2000 minutes I had built up. I said, "No thank you."

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I got Net10 in 2013. At first, it was easy to refill minutes (I used the pay as you go, rollover plans). The last several times I went to refill minutes on their website. I could not do that. Had to call and burn minutes. This will be my last transaction with Net10. I don't recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have had a NET10 prepaid phone for several years now. However the last several months when I tried to add airtime the website would not work. I had to call the automated system to add time. This time they asked “Do you want to purchase the same plan as last time?” Since I have gotten the same 300 minutes/60days I said yes. What I got was 30 days/500minutes. I called customer no-service and was told “Sorry I can’t do anything about it.“ I feel cheated and when this 30 days is up I’ll find another carrier and it won’t be NET10 or Tracfone. The phone was use was by my wife for emergency only so just need minimum minutes.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

DO NOT USE NET 10 WIRELESS!! The service is so awful. The representatives are rude and the supervisors are disrespectful! I wouldn’t recommend this service to anyone not even my enemy. I was a faithful customer for 4 years. Anytime I encountered a problem no one was helpful with fixing it. I was treated like the gum at the bottom of a shoe. Don’t give these low life cheap service bums a penny. 0 Stars Given!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I purchased a NET10 card for $25.00 for my phone service and was told that it didn't work with my phone. I asked if I could pay the additional $10 to make the plan complete for my smartphone - I was told by X.S. a supervisor to give the card to a friend and purchase another for $35.00 as they do not do give refunds. Never asked for a refund - just to add on to make the amount I was told I needed. Do not use this company. It's a high risk. I lost $25.00.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This company is incompetent and give you nothing but problems and remove your service without cause and takes over a week to correct the problem. I am very disappointed with Net10 and the representatives giving false information.

NET10 Wireless Company Information