Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

Metro PCS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Today is August 3rd, and I had the pleasure of being in Metro PCS in Plano Texas on Parker Road at Avenue K. Like most reviews customer service was always the problem for me. But let's talk about today August 3rd 2020. I had the most unspeakable exceptional customer service from Ricardo and Angela the store manager!! Very attentive. Very suggestive about the phones, the both of them were very apologetic because I had to wait 10 minutes for the phone to be program which wasn't a problem for me because like I said I truly enjoyed the service from both of them.

Angela was back and forth with a customer assisting them as well as assisting Ricardo making sure I was taken care of. It was a pleasure speaking with him until everything was cashed out. Thank you both but for the exceptional customer service you made my day because again as I had stated I was very tired just driving from from Austin Texas.

Glenda M.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I have been with Metro PCS for many years. I've had no real problem during that time that was not addressed. The rates are not bad. There is payment offices throughout and are pretty easy to get to thru out Staten Island, New York city. They have upgrades a few times a year, that's when you can get a new phone for free if you want. The prices are not too bad when you do wish to buy a phone. They also an assortment of stuff for the phone for not too bad a price.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I don't have words to describe it. The service is excellent. ** is loyal honest and very professional Assistant Manager. I have been with them more than 2 years. But I made lil mistake switching to Sprint which I regretted and cancel it right away within 10 days. Now I am back to Metro and will never leave this company. The service is excellent.. Satellite works perfect. If you need an honest advice and truthfully go in Henderson office at 1016 W Sunset Rd Henderon Nv 89014. They are so kind and they will not gonna charge you any hiding fee. No taxes everything is more than perfect.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I feel that Metro PCS is a phone company for someone who don't have no money or a lot of it. I should say is budget but at the same time is no. Not a lot too. It is very straightforward. My problem is is that with these prepaid companies it's like you're treated like a stepchild is like 80% of the time a message goes through or you have a little faulty here there. Maybe that's because of the price or whatnot so in a way I feel like a stepchild in an old Cadillac. When it comes to my plan sturdy secure. Just a little outdated up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

For someone new to the phone provider, the process to get a line is daunting. There is not much online aside from the plans and a list of phones that the stores could potentially carry. One is told to go into the store for this. The problem is the stores are usually located in questionable neighborhoods. I myself drove 40 minutes to one and spend about 2 hours porting over my phone number and phone and adding a new line for my kid. He was able to get a free phone with a value of $200. But the next day my MetroPCS app showed that I owed more than the promotional price I was shown in store.

I had to call the customer service, and although it did take them another hour to fix this, they were very pleasant to work with. I have an unlimited plan in terms of phone calls and text and internet and a hot spot allowance of 15GB with free Amazon prime for three lines for $120 per month and so far the phone coverage for the service area has been great. Aside from minor speed bumps, I would recommend making the switch.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had nothing but issues but the one thing that piss me off is I added an tablet to my plan. After 2 days I return but Metro will not give you back the money you paid for the plan, Also my bill should of went back to what it was before but it didn't. I am now filing with the FCC and BBB.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Yasiris helped me on my visit. She was spectacular. She went over and beyond for me to make sure I left the store with everything needed and all my questions answered. She explained the process with adding a line every step of the way. Awesome sales associate.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

At MetroPCS you have to buy your phone outright. I upgraded to a Moto G Stylus in June 2020. I started having issues with MetroPCS with them billing me extra the last 3 months so I decided to leave after being with them for 2 years. Then I changed my service to T-Mobile (their mother company) and got a SIM card so that I could bring my phones to T-Mobile and found out that in MetroPCS terms and conditions that once you buy your phone outright from metro PCS you still have to have service with them for 180 days (6 months) or else they will not unlock your phone so you could take your phone to another carrier. Not even their mother company.

I called customer service and was on hold for over an hour to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor who was named Brian said there was nothing he could do for me because it was in the terms and conditions that after you buy or purchase your phone you have to have service for 180 days and before they will unlock it. Buyers beware. You can't take your fully purchased phone with you unless you stay with metroPCS for 6 months after you buy it. They hold you hostage for 6 months with your own money. I will never again advertise them again. They lost a good customer.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

So since the pandemic times have been hard and Money have been low. Metro have done NOTHING to help their customers. I've been paying $90 every 2 weeks so October/18/20 I called because I can't afford my bill after paying $90 2weeks ago. I was trying to change the due date until I get my government check on the first but the Bill's due now and Metro doesn't want to help this one time. I mean Metro Pcs don't care about their customers who keep them in business... Their customer service is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

This review is after I have received my third MOTO G phone from T-Mobile. On 9/15/20 I Switched from Boost to Metro PCS receiving 2 MOTO G cell phones free and paying $152.16. The staff at the store kept insisting I was receiving the best phone in the store. From the start it was impossible to hold a conversation because my phone kept cutting out. Even though I carried the insurance the store would not replace my phone because of a scratch that I could not see. They had me call Metro PCS and the people I spoke with at the company agreed I kept cutting while telling them my problem. At the cost of $50.00 they agreed to send me a replacement phone, overnight service. They also sent an envelope for me to send the first back to them.

I took the second phone to the store to have it activated at the cost of $22.06. I don't think I've ever encountered a more hateful female person then this manager while trying to just get my phone activated. As I left the store she told me that Metro PCS service was just bad and she didn't think there was anything wrong with my first phone. This was after the people at Metro PCS told me my phone was cutting out while talking to them..

The second phone was just as bad as the first phone. I could not hold a conversation because it kept cutting out. When I called Metro PCS again to complain they again agreed that I kept cutting out while talking to them and agreed to send me another replacement phone overnight but first I had to wait for them to email a label to me, take the second phone to the post office, call Metro PCS to inform them that I had put the phone in the US mail. Then I waited until the post office notified Metro that the phone was, indeed, in the mail then Metro sent me a third phone. I had already mailed back the first phone.

The people at Metro told me to take the third phone to the store for activation and to tell the people there to contact EFR or ESR and there would not be another activation fee. Not wanting to deal with the manager at the Independence store again I took the phone to a Blue Springs, Missouri store for activation. He didn't seem to know what EFR or ESR meant and gave me a phone number, 800 373 2876, to call when I got home to be reimbursed for the activation fee. I wanted to make the call from the store but he told me we couldn't call from there. When I got home I called the number but could not be connected to a human and the automation kept telling me I owed $22.07. I called other numbers but was not able to talk to a person from any of the numbers I had. The automation voice was on every number and kept telling me I owed $22.07 activation fee. I finally gave my credit card to the auto voice and my phone was activated.

So far I have paid $152.16 + $50.00 + $22.06 + $22.07 at a total of $246.29. I have had this third phone for 2 days now and have spoken to a few people that have told me the phone is cutting out but not nearly as bad as the first two phones. I really like this MOTO G phone and am hoping it will work out but if it gives me any trouble today I will go to another company with nicer employees and a different phone. Not fooling with Metro PCS or T-Mobile or Motorola phones any longer.

Metro PCS Company Information