Metro PCS

Metro PCS Reviews

3.6/5 (682 ratings)

About Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I went into my lock Metro PCS in New Britain CT to look into a new phone because mine was 2 years old and on is last leg. When I went in I was greeted by a young woman and then her trainer. Their names were Marilee and Kimberly. The young woman in training was the first to get me and show me all of my options for a new phone. I didn't even realize she was in training because she greeted me with a professional manner, which really impressed me. Once I had my phone and extras picked out that is when the trainer came into the picture and went thru everything with both of us again in s very professional manner.

I completed my sale very happy obviously. I've had Metro PCS for over 6 years now and I used to have Verizon. Metro PCS had out done Verizon by far. Metro PCS has better service better coverage and honestly I don't have one complaint about anything with metro. I've never lost calls or had any problems to speak of. The reason I say this is because for work I have a Verizon product and I lose calls constantly and the service comes and goes even in the places where there's no reason to lose service. In open towns and cities across Connecticut. Most of all I want to thank Marilee and Kimberly for taking such great care of me and I was happy to be your very first sale.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I am with metro pcs and now T-MOBILE. I only gave 4 stars because metro is now owned bt T-MOBILE. I left T-MOBILE to go with Metro because T-MOBILE ripped me off. Right before I left T-MOBILE they said I owed them money and my bill was only around 100.00 or less a month and I had 3 lines and I still do. But T-MOBILE said I owed them over 1200.00 dollars. And tgey made me pay it for one month and they kept shutting me off because I refused to pay that kind of money. Especially since I did not owe them a dime. I had already paid my bill for the month. Plus you are not allowed to have contracts by law anymore. But t-mobile still does.

Plus now ever since metro got bought out by t-mobile, Metro went downhill. With losing calls and about 2 and a half months ago, I had a very important phone call at I:30 in the morning for court on zoom over the phone. Well we had just paid our bill and we did not have any reason to think our phones were not working. So we tried to get onto zoom for court and I couldn't. So had my husband try to call and his phone didn't work either. Now I am freaking out because this court hearing was absolutely a must phone call because it was a hearing for us not to get evicted from our home for 7 year and a half years. That we were still paying rent every month with covid-19 going on.

It was a very important phone call. Well neither phone worked. So because of the phones not working. We did get on, but we could not hear them and they couldn't hear us. Because of the phones not working. We lost the motion. So now the landlord can have us evicted. We lost everything because of the phones not working. Then I ran to my daughter's house which was about 1 mile away. Well I drove. To try to get the judge back on the phone. Well it was too late. That's when I found out that metro wasn't working at all. Because my daughter's phone was not working either and she also has metro.

Well we found out that metro closed down a whole zip code early that morning. And they never told anyone at all. They shut down my zip code 33411 and it was off from like 2:00am until 11:00pm that night. So metro didn't work for over 22 hours and they shut it down on purpose to do something but never even told anyone they were going to shut us down for a whole day. So because of them shutting down I am still going to court. And now we are totally broke. And can not pay another 1500.00 dollars that is due tomorrow. Before noon. Or we have 24 hours to get out. So no I wouldn't tell anyone to go with metro anymore because of t-mobile. Even though my bill for 3 lines is only 90.00 a month which is good. That's the only reason why we are still with them.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Metro is a good mobile phone company. I have had less problems with them compared to other mobile phone plans. A little expensive but worth it. Their products are great, durable, easy to use. You get instructions in your phone box. They have their own website for bill paying, music and even one to let you know about all the great deals and promos.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have a big problem with MetroPCS, I keep getting dropped calls on my Wi-Fi, I've called MetroPCS about the program a half dozen times, they haven't done anything to help me, they said they were going to switch cell towers, they told me tech support was supposed to email me, they never did, they say I'm sorry a lot, but they don't do anything to fix the problem, I still have a problem with dropped calls, this has been going on for over 6 months, and they haven't done nothing to solve the problem, I used to think that MetroPCS was a decent company, I've been with them for 3 years, but now I'm on the verge of changing my mind, as well as maybe looking for a new cell phone carrier.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The wireless coverage with Metro PCS is excellent. Better than ATT in my area, and the cost is less than half per month. The reason I did not give five stars is that they do not offer a discounted price to continuing customers on their new phones. Most of the phones they offer are poor quality, and the phones that are of high quality, continuing customers must pay full price for, or buy them on discount someplace else and bring in to connect.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I experienced much more than 200 characters so I'mma sum it up like this. I have never felt so cheated and scammed in my life! I want to switch service providers so bad but can’t because apparently all phones EVEN THOUGH YOU PAY IN FULL FOR THE DEVICE, are locked till 180 of being in service EVEN THOUGH I PAID IN FULL FOR MY DEVICE WHICH BY THE WAY WAS NOT BRAND NEW WHEN I GOT IT STILL I DIDNT COMPLAIN. I just want to switch providers but can’t. I never thought I’d say this but too many good reviews I have gave these people just to find out they didn’t do what I was giving them credit for. That ** ugh. I have to say it. I hate you Metro PCS. Your customer service sucks. Your store on K street is scamming people and corporate can not be reached. If you want more information about my experience with metro pcs my email is **.

Original review: June 21, 2022

So, my son's phone just died. He uses Metro because of the high speed internet. I do not like them because they charge you things more cell companies do for free: But I went to the store in Bardstown KY on Monday June 13th, and instead doing a upgrade, set up a new line, because it was like 100 cheaper. Sales girl told me the phone I ended up getting was a great phone. Well the phone was defective; so I took it back on Thursday June 16th: they told me they couldn't just give me a new phone. It had to be shipped in, and it would take 2 days. I called on sat and the phone wasn't in, and they told me it would be in Monday FOR SURE: well on Monday, I called again, No phone: so I ask for manager or corp. number because I've been lied to 3 times already. She said she's have manager call, which she did not do: I called the customer service, who were friendly but absolutely no help at all! What a wasted service!

So anyway, I go back today Tuesday 21. Only one guy inside, he said the system was down, and he was only one there and my phone wasn't there; but don't worry it only takes 48 hrs. I said "Its already been 6 fricking days dude" so he called manager, who I could hear, who said, "Oh I tracked it and it's coming tomorrow!" Okay I'm not stupid, they did not order my phone until Monday when I kinda went off on them for lying to me.. So I'm just waiting to see if she's going to continue to lie straight to face again, and act like it was a shipping error when I know it was a sales clerk error! I really just want my dang money back as who wants a service where the sales people LIE & LIE & LIE????

Original review: June 9, 2022

I was told I can return it if I didn't like the phone and especially since this was after I already purchased a expensive phone when I first got with him and I've been with him for over a year but they will not return it, was rude and told me, I think her words what she used was **. I would not advise anybody using this company for phone service. The water store in Illinois is where the crappy customer service is.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Metro PCS customer service lied to my family three times. They stated that we would be able to get coverage overseas, and would just have to call to activate it. They DO NOT have partners overseas. This was not found out until family was overseas without the ability to call anyone, or even be able to call for help if needed. TERRIBLE customer service and would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I had service for 3 years. I paid three months in advance but I had two bad experiences with customer service so I asked to be refunded the last 2 months I prepaid for and they said it was done and I would get it in two days. I then transferred my number to another supplier. Six days go by and no money in my account. I called them and two times they said they would refund me and nothing game but the third time I called they said because I cancelled my service I cannot be refunded.

I cancelled after they said the refund was complete. They 100 percent stole 120 dollars from me and all but two interactions with customer service were beyond terrible. For being a multi-year customer I have never been treated worse and cannot believe they just stole my money. Basically lied to me so that I would fall under their no refunds if account closed rule. It was criminal.

Metro PCS Company Information