Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Metro PCS Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

For someone new to the phone provider, the process to get a line is daunting. There is not much online aside from the plans and a list of phones that the stores could potentially carry. One is told to go into the store for this. The problem is the stores are usually located in questionable neighborhoods. I myself drove 40 minutes to one and spend about 2 hours porting over my phone number and phone and adding a new line for my kid. He was able to get a free phone with a value of $200. But the next day my MetroPCS app showed that I owed more than the promotional price I was shown in store.

I had to call the customer service, and although it did take them another hour to fix this, they were very pleasant to work with. I have an unlimited plan in terms of phone calls and text and internet and a hot spot allowance of 15GB with free Amazon prime for three lines for $120 per month and so far the phone coverage for the service area has been great. Aside from minor speed bumps, I would recommend making the switch.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I have been a Metro PCS customer for about six years and havent had any issues with service or billing. The Metro phone app is simple and easy to use. The only issue I just had was that I wanted to change my plan to a 60.00 plan but couldnt find what I needed on the app so I called customer service and had to call 2 times because of an issue with Amazon Prime. Then I found out I was charged for both calls, $3.50 each call I guess since it was 7.00 total. So now I'm going to change phone co's since I dont think I should be charged to get help over the phone. I would have done it thru the app but what I needed wasnt on it so I had no choice but to call. I like helping underdog co's and also so there's less of a monopoly since these co's are getting so big. Anyways will be leaving to another co over that.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Almost 2 years ago in 2017, I purchased the Galaxy 9 cell phone from Metro PCS in Oakwood Plaza, Hollywood. I met with Emma, a friendly, caring and knowledgeable sales lady who was happy to help me make decisions on what I wanted and needed. A few days ago, I ran into her at Oakwood Metro PCS and she remembered me. She was just as happy and helpful as she was then! I was fortunate to have help from Elaine, who ordered a tempered glass cover for my phone and called me when it came in. These ladies are terrific customer service employees at Metro PCS. Emma and Elaine are an asset to the company for their outstanding customer service relations!

Original review: July 25, 2019

I have had Metro PCS as a service provider for six (6) years. I live in Atlanta, GA and the service is FANTASTIC! Super fast-and that includes the mobile hotspot as well! Customer service has never been a problem. I am being totally objective my review - I don't work for Metro PCS, I work for hotels. And I am not receiving any benefits for this glowing review. But one. I read countless reviews prior to purchasing ANYTHING. And as reviews help me, I would like to help YOU make an informed decision. Choose Metro PCS! I have never wanted -or thought about- another service provider. Neither will you. Metro PCS is all you need, all you will want in a cellular service provider. Never lost service, had slow speeds -I do always have a good phone- or had problems with their customer service. Or price, for that matter. This should be all the information that you need.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had just been released from jail after a $3000 bond was made. The reasons I was in jail were fraudulent, but I'm not here to talk about that. My life at this point is on a turmoil. The date is 5/5/19. I'm DEAD BROKE. You can prob run my card, IT'LL DEF GET REJECTED/ DECLINED. See I've been here before... I KNEW, (cause I did it before), that at Metro PCS it was "possible" to get an extension, and I also KNEW that there was a fee that I had to pay to get this "possible" extension. I knew this ALL too well cause my life has its ups and its downs. Whose life doesn't have its ups and downs? We're human, NOT PERFECT... But I also knew that in "some" instances, Metro PCS could also possibly get these fees waived... It was a matter of the individual I spoke to.

I really don't like asking for charity, especially directly. Who likes that? Well I thought, I need my phone. I know they LITERALLY can accommodate my "begging", I've been a loyal customer pretty much since they opened up. So I decided that with this big T-Mobile buyout, with all the divide in AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WHOLE WORLD, I decided that I'd try to see just how T-Mobile influenced the Metro company and way of running things. And hell, what's a lil bit of reality check gonna hurt anyone? Well, I didn't think this through, so I don't remember any names except 1, so no names.

Call # 1 - young, male, foreign, (from America that is), easily understandable, well spoken. I told him my situation, here it is, "Hello I have 2 different sets of service with you guys," but to save time, this is pretty much verbatim, "But to save time, how long have you been doing this job you're doing now for Metro?" The guy who helped me the first time, (even though I had the money to pay the extension,) was EXTREMELY POLITE, and lived by the GOLDEN RULE by waiving the "move your due date fee", myddf for short if you'd like, did it for me a little bit over a year ago. So if the guy been there 2 years or more, I can pretty much assume that he can literally do the same, RIGHT??? He says, "Excuse me. Oh ok I understand, I've been doing this job for 2 years and something."

So now, I feel that I KNOW that he KNOWS about this myddf, and more than likely, the waiving of it.. So I proceed straightforward, me: "Ok, so you've been at Metro a while, I have a MAJOR issue. I'm completely broke," (I explained, and he repeated. I might add my situation of being completely broke fresh out of jail.) I straightforwardly asked him, "CAN YOU get the fee waived", quite bluntly. Which I know they have to ask their supervisor and all that, but I'm asking you personally if you would go to the guy above you and at least try, in this small and extremely insignificant way, to help another human being out. I guess you might see where I'm now prob heading right?

How much is the GOLDEN RULE still alive in our society. Which prob half of the millennials don't even know the definition of, the GOLDEN RULE is, DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU'D LIKE TO BE DONE ONTO YOURSELF just in case anyone didn't know lol. But this is the first guy. He wasn't even willing to go to his upper and ask. He was logged into my second account, and my password for both accounts are identical. NO MISTAKING THEM. Well I heard the cowardness when he very "sternly" explained that there was no way, it was against the rules, bla bla bla. I thought COWARD and hung up.

Call#2 Same description, young, male, blablabla, only a little harder to understand (in America). Oh well. I explain, "THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN DO THIS, IF YOU DON'T PAY 50 NOW, YOUR SERVICES WILL BE CUT OFF." COWARD NUMBER 2. I just hung up.

Call#3 This is why I wish I had wrote their name and number down. A female, soft spoken, SEEMED NEW AT THE COMPANY, well spoken, polite, everything I said introducing the first 2 gentlemen I talked to applied to her, AND more. She was the first person to even bring the question to her Supervisor, the Supervisor had a heart and okayed it. So the young lady (which has obviously never been in this situation cause she was stuttering a tiny bit, and didn't know exactly how to react. But nevertheless, came back after talking to her supervisor about waiving the "myddf" (move your due date fee), and flawlessly took her stand to STAND ON THE GOLDEN RULE AND SHE DID ONTO ANOTHER THE WAY SHE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN DONE ONTO HERSELF...

WELL. She completed my request for the first account. I've got to remember SHE WENT STRAIGHT BACK TO HER SUPERVISOR AND ASKED AGAIN, and he obliged once more so that I could not worry about this particular matter, especially when he found out what mess I was facing. So she very willingly starts to log into my 2nd account, guess what, both the same and both unforgettable once you hear them, the password was changed. Remember that call#1 we were logged into my 2nd account. That guy actually changed my password without asking.

RIGHT THERE, not when he didn't ask his authority about my situation. Him changing my password put a - (an actual negative) in the equation of this lil experiment I decided to try to gauge where we are in WORLD as being HUMAN BEINGS, as far as the the GOLDEN RULE applied, and kinda just where we are as a society. But anyway, we tried backup questions, it was my second account, wrong answer. So she says, "Oh hey, I'll just send a text to your phone. Once you get it could you kindly repeat the 6 digit code?" I get the text and OL'FUMBLE HANDS ME goes to look at it and HITS THE giant RED END BUTTON. Here we go again.

Call#4. Female, well spoken, a little flirty lol, but ABSOLUTELY DID NOT BELIEVE ME AND WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $50 to proceed to move my due date and would not budge...even after I in no uncertain terms told her that if my phone would have been disconnected I was NOT RECONNECTING WITH THEM. I told her I already done it on 1 line, I also told her that it would prob be good practice to write the name and number down when she answered the phone, prime example, the last lady was in the direct middle of changing my password, and she could not call me back, cause she never took note of my number.

I waited for her to call me back believe me. But after informing this lady of this problem, she didn't take any reference of the number. She just absolutely would not give it a second thought, even though I CLEARLY stated that I had been with them since they opened, and it was also already done to one of my accounts. No budge. But polite about it. (VALUED CUSTOMER RIGHT.) There's absolutely NO WAY I could lose a 2 year customer because he's in a bind and clearly asking for help....

Call#5. FINALLY, Mrs/Ms Fatima. I'm sorry Ms. Fatima for not including your employee number, but my phone went dead and I only entered the text into a text format, but never sent it. So it was lost with my phone dying. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR VOICE. HOPE TO TALK AGAIN. Ms. Fatima easily understood ALL of what I was saying, she competently relayed what was going on to the guys/women above her, she absolutely took my word. Even if I was lying to her, she understood the value of a loyal customer. She knew that what I was clearly and honestly asking for help and she made it happen.

EVEN BEFORE I told her that the first lady already had done it to my first line. She was amazing in her professionalism. Talked calmly, and even though she had to put me on hold for a min or 2 cause they were doing conference calls. She, and her supervisor, maybe, she might have been a supervisor, knew what the outcome would be as soon as she grasped my concept.

My thoughts, it's extremely EASY, and getting easier, get into and stay in the divide of them and us/me. And that's where we are, there's YouTube videos asking the question, "Are Background People Real" as in asking oneself. Like three movies, they got the main roles=us and our inner circles, 2nd class rolls, people that are acquaintances, and like the movies. People we don't know but you can see walking down every busy street there is. ARE THEY? Just like my lil experiment, the answers' the same. It's absolutely, completely up to YOU.

We've been so indoctrinated and disinformed that our values will make the decision for us. We don't even have to think about it. Well, I'm happy to see, when it all boils down, the GOLDEN RULE still shines bright. And we need to reexamine the words VALUED CUSTOMER. In the end everything is fine, just 1 night's experience. Thank you Metro PCS and Ms./Mrs. Fatima. If anyone needs to contact me about this ** or **. Thanks for listening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: April 6, 2020

This company decided to remove their $40 unlimited data plan and are advertising a supposed to be 50% discount on one package (claiming to be more packages). The amount of data is very limited and when you try to change it they will charge the full amount and will not allow you to change it back. It's very sad that companies take advantage of a crisis to take hard earned money from consumers. I will cancel my service and will Never (God willing) do business with these thieves again. Beware all consumers. Don't fall for that trap.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Customer Appreciation is not their thing. They only care about money not the customers that have been with them for years. This COVID crisis has proved that. They have to be the ONLY cell phone service carrier not willing to extend, postpone or shut off payments. I am switching to Boost.

Original review: April 1, 2020

On March 16 I called in to receive the 60 day credit due to the covid-19. I spoke with agent. Told her she did it so I thought. Come to find out she only did the 72 hour extension. I have been a customer 15 years. Never had a problem but I call Metro. They seen I called on the date but say it's nothing they can do because promotion was gone. I am pissed because no one from this company has even remotely tried to reach out to me. Not only that one of my 4 lines have been without a phone for a month going on two months and they still don't want to credit my account due to all the bull. I have been dealing with the Assurant phone insurance company so MetroPCS I'm seriously thinking about going with another phone company because the lack of knowledge of the representative.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Metro has been problematic much longer than the report issued today, I had service with them for three years, and the last 6 months were a nightmare! I discovered some calls never reached me and callers received the message "enter your carrier code." I lost business because of this only to be told "our phones aren't supposed to be used for business". I tried time and time again on their helpline only to be placed on hold for an average of 35-45 minutes only to be disconnected. After 3 months of this they gave me a $10 credit and again said it was fixed.... NOT. I went with Walmart/Straight Talk and couldn't be more pleased. No dropped calls, and no tech line with folks that speak everything but English. Run people, run fast and dont look back!

Original review: March 29, 2020

My experience with Metro is been horrible. The reason is we have had metro for ten years. When Covid 19 came about and we were stuck at home couldn't get paid. Couldn't get anywhere to even pay my bill. They wouldnt work with me at all. I do not have internet at home. No cable tv. This is my only link to what's going on. So my question is what do I do now?

Metro PCS Company Information