1.40/5

Metro PCS Reviews

1700 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

On 08/1/2019 I went to the Metro PCS in the 252 block of South Broadway in Baltimore City 21231. My Phone battery had burn out. The cashier told me if I paid 50.00 they would put a claim in for a replacement phone. So I gave them 50.00 cash. They then told me to come back in 24 hours to see was my claim approved. So I left then came back after 24 hours. When I ask about the claim they said it was no records to show that transaction. And there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

MetroPCS - Metro by T-Mobile is endangering my safety and the safety of my clients. I'm on call 24 hrs a day. Metro and their sponsors send links to my phone sometimes every 7 minutes and as late as 1:48 a.m. I complained by sending several hundred texts requesting them to unsubscribe my phone number. Sometimes, they would stop for 7 days and then restart the process with a vengeance. Their actions prevent me from getting proper sleep because I have to check my phone every time I hear the notification alarm. Due to their unwanted links keeping me awake, they are forcing me to drive to work in a drowsy manner and I have to force myself to stay awake and be alert for my clients who have to depend upon me. I desperately need your help because they have constantly ignored me. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

For the past three years, Metro by T-Mobile only respond by auto-reply text. I have never spoken to a human being. I went into a local store and they told me that there was nothing I could do about it. They said that the corporate office sends the links automatically. Inform Metro by T-Mobile that they need to allow their phone customers to opt out of receiving unwanted and unsolicited links, such as "Trending on the Web," "Going out tonight?" "Nightly news," "Who won the game." and etc. They only provide a limited number of data and they use my data for their own advertising and the advertising of their sponsors. They need to know from an authoritative agency that they should not interfere with the well-being of their customers by sending links at 1:48 every morning. There should be regulations against such practice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I went to the store in Paducah and bought 2 phone with service cost me 138.00. The kid said I had good service coverage in my area and I saw the coverage. We got 2 Stylo 5s. We got home and my phone wouldn't work. So I called customer service and still nothing so they troubleshot the phone again and nothing. I was told the phone was malfunctioning and to take it back. They said since I was in my 7 days I could pick a different phone. I called the store and the kid said I could bring it back in exchange for another phone as long as it had under 24 hrs talk time. I said, "I will see you Friday," he said, "ok."

So we go to the store and the same kid looks at me and said, "we can do a manufacturing return and they will send it back to you when fixed or give you a return one." I said, "no, I'm in the 7 days." He then said, "I can give you a refund." I went and got my husband in the car. Things kept changing. The manager even told me I was a liar. We left to go switch back to Cricket and my husband went back 15 mins later and the kid said, "I won't give you a refund. You just lost 138.00," and laughed and walked away. Never have I ever seen such gross remorse for customer service. The funniest part was when the manager told me, "we're not affiliated with Metro PCS customer service or corporate. I'm talking to my attorney.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We had asked if Metro PCS/ T-Mobile got service where we live. It's a small town. She as in the customer representative pulled up a screen and told us we would indeed have service. With her telling us that we went ahead and purchased 2 separate phones & the unlimited plan with hotspot & Amazon Prime. & We get service nowhere except in town or the road closest to town. Not satisfied with false information. Waste our money and phones when that kinda thing isn't cheap.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

My husband and I went to the Metro PCS located at 2465 Nazareth Rd Easton, PA 18045-2743 to get help with my husband's phone. A young man started to help us when another customer walked in. There was a lady behind the counter looking at the computer and talking on the phone. The lady approached the counter and the lady behind the counter rudely comments "I am on a managers' meeting, you will have to wait." Then as the young man starts to answer our question, the "lady who we assumed was the manager" yells over interrupting him, saying she needs him on Saturday in two weeks from 4-8 PM because Lisa couldn't work that day. He replied, "I don't know if I can, I will have to check my schedule."

She proceeded to argue with him saying he has too. He said, "I already work on Saturday and I think it is nights." She proceeded to tell him he "has to"! He finally ignored her and continued to help us. She couldn't help the other customer because she was on a teleconference managers' meeting, but she could yell at her employee while he is helping a customer. I felt sorry for the young man, and I certainly have no respect for the rude, obnoxious lady manager. I will not return to this location.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I had service with Metro for a month. The experience was so bad that I left after only a month. I had their unlimited plan and received a free phone. I could never connect to the internet. Their service was so bad. Since they did not provide what was advertised I left. I called customer service to get my account number and rep refused to give it to me. Horrible customer service to match a horrible company. Just glad to be gone. Buyer Beware!! This company has 1 star for a reason. I learned the hard way cheapest isn’t always the best. Do yourself a favor and avoid Metro at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I've been with Metro PCS for several years but am at my wits end. I can't even count how many times my bill has gone up 5 dollars without notice and the customer service leaves something to be desired. Also because their phone plans change constantly. Be prepared to be stuck with an unsatisfactory plan without any options to change it that may have been available the previous month. Definitely best to look into other cell phone providers.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I just want to explain that Metro by T-Mobile does not accept MY card payments over the phone or online. I once I attempt to process the payment I receive an error message stating that my card has an invalid number. Mind you I've paid many over the phone and online charges with this same card. I call my bank and I'm told nothing is wrong with my card and that no payment was declined. So again I try online and receive the same message INVALID CARD NUMBER!!! So I attempt again with customer service and I'm told that it's an invalid card number and I should try calling my bank *rolls eyes with an annoyed face. My last attempt I use a friends credit card that uses another bank and I come to the same dead end INVALID CARD NUMBER.

I called customer service yet again and receive the same damn answer, "You should probably check with your bank." I've come to the conclusion that "Metro by T-Mobile" wants you to go in store to process payments as you will have to pay an additional $3.00 which may be the incentive for their vendors. I have no issue paying an additional $3.00 but add that to my damn bill and not force me to make an unnecessary stop to pay the damn bill. I hope you read this Metro by T-Mobile. Think about it, you ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it and when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it. I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breath without me see slim....

Original review: July 28, 2019

I've had METRO PCS auto pay set-up for approximately 1 year, 4 months ago it stopped working but I was able to log in on their website to pay my bill. 2 months ago all payment options stopped working, comes up with an error but there's no error on my part. Customer service had to go into my account and delete my credit card info and add the same info again in order to pay my bill. Customer service said it's a $3.00 fee but they waived it because it's their issue not mine. I've read reviews and it looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. I will give it one more month and if I have to fight to pay my bill then I will get a new cell company, I'd rather pay a little more and not be aggravated Every time my bill is due.

Original review: July 27, 2019

On 7/18/19, my phone stopped being able to access WiFi calling/text. I called tech support three times, and they insisted that the problem was with my device. They referred me to Apple (when they should have honored by in-store warranty for the phone, which I had purchased from Metro 9 months previously). I had to negotiate Apple tech support on my own. Apple agreed to exchange my device for a new phone. I received and set up the new device, only to have the SAME issue. I went into a store and the store manager identified the problem right away. Apparently, this is a known account issue. The only resolution is to create a whole new account and delete the old one because something in the account keeps turning off the WiFi calling on my phone. Metro by T-Mobile support blatantly, absolutely REFUSES to do this unless I agree to pay twice my current monthly rate.

The plan that I currently have ($50/month for 2 GB data for 2 lines) is no longer available since T-Mobile purchased Metro. They refuse to continue honoring my plan (which they cannot do unless I miss a payment, leave, or agree to switch). Basically, they won't fix the problem unless I join a new plan at the T-Mobile rate (starting at $70 month for two lines). So I can't use WiFi to call/text, which means I can't use my phone 10 hours/day, 5 days/week while I am at work.

Tech support actually knows how to fix the problem and refuses to do so unless I pay $20/month more. This should be illegal. I can't access the full functionality of an unlocked device that I own, even though I have done absolutely nothing wrong. Do yourself a favor--avoid any and all carriers using the T-Mobile network if you want to avoid this issue. And it isn't just me--there is a forum discussing this issue that dates back to 2017 and documents how T-Mobile refuses to help customers. See: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/147473

Metro PCS Company Information