Metro PCS
1.44/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Metro PCS Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Metro PCS Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I am getting sick of the MZone crap continually popping up on my phone! If I was interested in this dumbed down drivel, I would have activated it by now. I tried to delete the app from my phone, but it just created even MORE push notifications. STOP ALREADY.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Read the reviews. I don’t even have to. I know what they are going to say/ represent. The employees on the phone are all in the Philippines. The ones in the store straight outta the HOOD most likely paroles. Not anyone you want having access to your CREDIT. My 72 year old Mother talked me into trying Metro. Biggest mistake ever. Security on your wireless carrier is as important as a seatbelt in a high speed accident. I now, after a Metro sim swap, have 30K in stolen $ I am trying to recover (Bank Fraud) ID theft, non stop hassles. The store reps are beyond useless and not professional. You get what you pay for. If you are straight out of Jail by all means get a Metro account. If you are an upstanding citizen with a bank account NO DONT DO IT.

Here are the best wireless carries from best to worst I have had them all. Sprint, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile. VERIZON sucks. Overpriced and too many crappy employees. T-Mobile is just as bad as Metro with the security issues. They are very helpful when you have a T-Mobile account. AT AND T has the worst customer service of all and they are never honest about their rates. You're better off with Simple Mobile Or Boost.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The coverage is good and the quality of the calls are decent. But the customer service is RIDICULOUS. They give incorrect information. They're inflexible. They're a disaster. They could provide the same service for MUCH LESS. If there was something comparable, I'd switch services in a minute.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

4 months ago I purchased a new LG phone from this store. 1 week after purchase went to store, told them it was overheating. Was told 1st I had too many apps, I had 7, removed 3. Went back 3 weeks later still overheating, burning my face. Went back a total of 4 times. 1st 3 times no damage to phone, 4th time it has a scratch so now they will do nothing. Ignoring that I have been 4 times with same burning my face. Their solution was to give me a recycled phone. New phone was defective, recycled I do not trust from this company. Have been a good customer for several years, no longer.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I bought an iPhone and service (including Mexico plan). I explained that I would be moving permantly to Mexico. Well the service was spotty at best. I tried to get my phone unlocked so I could get service with Mexican Tercel. They wouldn’t do despite having had service with them for well over the 180 day minimum. Then I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new phone from Tercel. Tercel managed to somehow make my iPhone work with their service so I called Metro to cancel my service (no contract). They said I would have to bring the phone in for that. I explained that I am in Mexico. They actually told me (1 store and 2 corporate headquarters) I’d have to FLY BACK AND GO TO A STORE WITH MY PHONE TO DO THAT!!!

I AM NOT KIDDING!!! After 2 frustrating hours (and some choice words on both sides), I decided the end the drama and simply have Capitol One venture card help me to block their monthly auto pay charges and refund my last $45 charge (which I didn’t even ask for). The moral of course is to STAY AWAY FROM THIS FARCE OF A COMPANY. (Btw, Metro PCS is own by T-Mobile so I contacted them only to be told that they are 2 separate companies so they couldn’t help either.)

I AM SO GLAD TO NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN. The only good news is the Capitol One has always handled any few probs that I have had immediately. They are as good a company as Metro is bad. Least anyone think I am a person who tries to get away with things, I’m not. I pay all bills (my credit score is 817. Yeah, I thought the max was 800 also but it’s not). I want to die with integrity. Metro PCS apparently doesn’t care about that. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have been with Metro PCS for about 7 yrs and have been generally satisfied with the service. Unfortunately today I have to say that they should re-consider the policy of charging customers for the mistakes they themselves make. I recently changed my bank card, I tried to update my saved payment method thru their app with no success so I called customer service, the girl (foreign) said all was well. Let's jump ahead 2 wks. My service was suspended for non payment. Ugh!!! Call #2 young female (foreign). Charges me an ADDITIONAL 7 bucks to re-establish.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Do not ever do business with Metro PCS in Paulding Plaza on Merchants Drive in Dallas Georgia. The manager there refused to give me her name but that's ok because it's on the receipt (N. **). She is extremely rude and hateful. I'm not sure how she got that position as her customer skills are absolutely atrocious. She literally yelled at me and treated me like dirt after she sold me the wrong equipment for my phone and I told her I needed my money back.

She did not apologize for her mistake. She did not try to rectify it in any way. Instead she said, "I'm sorry you're not getting your money back, get out of my store". I just stood there in disbelief like what? Then she walked around and open the door and pointed and yelled at me and told me to get out of her store! I asked for her manager's name and she refused. I asked for her name and she refused. I did nothing wrong. I said "I I have no idea why you're talking to me this way but it's ok because we are on camera". I was literally in tears when I left because I was so upset.

I have NEVER had an issue like that in a store by an employee ever. I left and went to another store where the manager there was absolutely wonderful at the New Hope East Paulding location. As for her, the district manager has been informed with all the details and she will be dealt with. I will be getting a call from someone within a couple of days. Yet here it is a couple of days later and I haven't heard from anyone. This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

If I could give no stars I would. Went to get unlocked phone activated and he said the sim card that was in the old phone would not work. Me: "Okay. That's cool." 20.00. Then the new sim card not working. Him: "Oh you got a big problem." Me: "Did you put the IMEI in the system.?" Him: "No. I don't need to." Me: "Well how will the phone active?" Him: "I dont need it. Trust me." Me: "Well just please TRUST me and put the IMEI in the system." Him: "Alright but I am telling you that ain't the why it works." Me: "Okay just try. Thanks."

Still didn't work. I told him restart the phone and BINGO it works. Moral of this story is they want to charge people for unneeded sim cards and activation so just call from another phone and they can switch your sim card to the new phone with IMEI at NO CHARGE. ENDED UP PAYING 40.00 TO ACTIVATE PHONE all because he didn't want to put IMEI in system witch is the only way it works… 6849 SE MARICAMP RD OCALA, 34472 FL.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I Just joined Metro 2 months ago and noticed I had to change my plan 2 times and top up 5 times. I thought the hotspot was being used extremely fast. So today when my plan refreshed due to new month, I checked my hotspot usage and it said I used over 5 gigs once the plan refreshed. It said 5.34 of 29 gigs used. This is impossible since I never turned on my hotspot for 3 days and it was just refreshed 1 hour into new month and my mobile hotspot wasn't turned on. I don't tether either. I called up. They fixed it, however I'm thinking they are scamming millions of customers. I had them put a ticket in for last month since I had to top up and change my plan. But someone needs to check them on billing.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I cant make a phone call to my dad who also has MetroPCS, the phone always goes in and out, calls fail. This is an everyday, every hour issue. We live by a major metropolitan city, yet it still happens. I thought the merge with T-Mobile would help but it still sucks. They need to update the towers and services to make this company worth keeping. I have a brand new iPhone X so it's not the phone either.

Metro PCS Company Information