formerly Qwest

Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

CenturyLink is a network provider for residential and business needs. CenturyLink has global services and bundling options for internet and phone plans. The company works to provide you with the right digital services for your budget and needs.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

CenturyLink Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2020

My DSL light on my modem went out on 3/16/20. I called Century Link Computer Support Service Department for help on 3/17/20. Ms. ** took my call. She troubleshoot my computer from her end as well as from my end. The process took an hour to resolve. Throughout the entire process, Ms. ** remained calm, respectful and professional. Ms. ** is extremely talented, gentle and humble human being. My computer is working great now! Thank you so much for your excellent help. I enjoyed your service. I hope that I will always run into you whenever I call. I also hope that you get promoted to a supervisory position. Because you are so good at what you do. Keep up the good work!

CenturyLink response

Hello Florence. I am happy to hear about your positive experience with our company. We wanted to let you know that if you had any questions or concerns for us in the future, you can reach out to us here, or at any of the following contact options:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/CenturyLink/
Twitter - twitter.com/CenturyLinkHelp

Contact Us - www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html

Thank you for your time and have a great rest of your week.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

No phone service at restaurant during busiest holiday season. Reported on Mon. And no repair available until Fri. Took 24 hrs. To get call forwarding completed to my cell phone correctly! Tony **, repair person, and another tech finally arrived, they worked a couple of hours to untangle the rats nest in the dry rotted phone box outside our building. Built rest. In 1997 and problems throughout 22 years. Fixed w/bandaids but Tony took time and fingers crossed fixed problem long term this time. It was almost worth the 5 day wait if it holds!

CenturyLink response

Hello Elizabeth. I am sorry about how long it took to get your service repaired but I am glad to hear that Tony and crew got it fixed for you. If you do need assistance please feel free to reach out to us here or any of the below contact options.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/CenturyLink/
Twitter - twitter.com/CenturyLinkHelp

Contact Us - www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had someone come a few weeks ago to repair my wi-fi because I could not get any of my devices to work after the electricity went off. It was repaired and the internet and Alexa dot worked fine. I found out later that I could not connect my printer, doorbell, or nook to the wi-fi. I called and talked with Ralph today and he had it fixed in a few minutes. He was so helpful and nice. I was very pleased. I just don't know where I can fill out an evaluation on his work, so I decided I would write a review.

CenturyLink response

Hello J. thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience with Ralph - we'd be happy to pass along your commendation, just reach out to us here for further help.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I'm old. My house is old??? Tech couldn't find any of the land lines into my house that would work for my internet so he plugged it in next door. Works fine with a booster in my house...my old house. But isn't there anyway my box can come home? I have no cable or landline because I'm old...really old. And no $$$$. Bad enough I have to share my dinner with my old dog. Because we're old...really old. And have no $$$$.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Carin. That's certainly unusual and I'm sorry that this happened. Let me see what I can find out and what we can do to get the equipment set up properly. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Dan from CenturyLink came out to our home today and he installed our new internet and cleaned up outside previous cables from other companies at no charge. He was thorough, professional, patient and very receptive to questions. Highly recommend him for your installation. 5 stars!

CenturyLink response

Hello Matthew, we're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with one of our techs - this is definitely the type of work ethic we want to encourage, so thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback. If anything crops up in the future, and you have questions or concerns, then please send us a message here, and we'll be happy to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 20, 2020

If I could give a negative star review I would do so. Essentially, any time I have called for service of any kind I spend 10 - 15 minutes getting through the automated "helper" which is not helpful in the slightest. Then, getting connected to anyone who knows anything or is truly willing to help is a complete shot in the dark. In short, if you want phone services and have any options other than CenturyTel go elsewhere. This is not a company you want to do business with if you have any other option.

CenturyLink response

Hello Scott, I am sorry for the issues you have had with trying to get answers about service. If you would like me to answer your questions, please respond here.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 19, 2020

Almost 20 yrs Internet speed paid for has NEVER been reached. We pay Double advertised speeds. Past Four Months cannot maintain connection; InSecure Connections; and Nothing. Zero service. Customer Service denial has become concerning. How can they advertise this; and now refuse to admit a problem or fix anything? NEVER Buy-Work or move into a small town without checking INTERNET Providers. This has cost us education for kids; work, dr appointment(s) at a time it should not.

CenturyLink response

Hello Rhonda, I am sorry for the service issues you have had. If you would like me to take a look at the service, please feel free to respond here.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 18, 2020

I have been a customer for years in a rural area because this was the only provider available. They said it was 10 mbs but it is more like 2 mbs and when you call they say it is because there are several people in your area online. Well, we pay for 10 mbs, we should get 10 mbs in the highest usage times. They are terrible with customer service for the hard working American.

CenturyLink response

Hello Tanner, I am sorry that the service is not coming in very well for you. If you would like me to look into this for you, feel free to respond here.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I do not understand how this company is still in business. So, I ordered Century Link and this turned into a disaster. First I was asked for a $100.00 deposit when I have a 710 credit score. I thought no big deal. Paid the deposit. Waited 8 days for the equipment and tech. Equipment shows up, no tech for a day or so. I call Centurylink and they said they would have to CHARGE me to send a tech out. I asked what happened to the first guy and they said "we never scheduled him." FIVE HOURS on the phone trying to cancel this service. They said they can NOT refund my deposit until the equipment is returned, and they BILLED me for the TEN DAYS WITH NO INTERNET.

This company is a JOKE. Customer service is HORRIBLE. Do not use them for anything. I mean the customer service is CLUELESS and WORTHLESS. How in the heck do you forget that you scheduled an install? And then want me to wait while being billed six more days for someone to come hook this up, you wanted me to pay for someone to hook this up, because this company forgot to send someone to wire my house. What an absolute joke they are!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Justin, I am truly sorry for the issues that you had with the service and the billing. I will be happy to get this corrected for you. If you would like my assistance please respond to me here.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Our senior center is always looking for ways to save money so we can pour it back into our nutrition programs. I moved our phone service to Centurylink after being given the impression they could save us money. What they failed to disclose were the taxes and long distance fees that pushed the bill up so that we were paying at least $35.00 more a month. After contacting my salesperson numerous times to try to figure out how to get the bill back under our budget, he stopped responding to my emails. I had resigned myself to the fact that we would have to let one of our lines go just to get the bill back under budget.

I was finally able to contact someone who seemed to sympathize with our situation and did give us a large discount since we had been misled on the actual amount of our monthly bill. He also took us out of the contract. I thought we would finally come close the promised saving we were told we would receive by moving to Centurylink. However, now that we are out of contract, our bill is $145.00 higher now instead of the initial $35.00 in the beginning. I have no choice but to go back to our former phone company because we cannot afford to "save money" with Centurylink.

CenturyLink response

Hello Belgrade, I am sorry for the billing issues. If you would like me to take a look at it can you respond to me here.

CenturyLink author review by ConsumerAffairs

CenturyLink was founded 1968 and is now the third largest DSL provider in the United States. The company provides Internet, television, home security and home phone services. It also partners with Verizon to offer cell phone service. Customers receive discounts for subscribing to multiple CenturyLink services.

• International plans: CenturyLink offers reduced rates for calling select countries in Central and South America. They also have plans for other international call and plans specifically for calling Canada.

• Extra features: Consumers can choose a plan with a wide variety of features, including call forwarding, caller ID, three-way calling, voicemail and more.

• Refer-a-friend: CenturyLink’s refer-a-friend program rewards consumers when someone signs up for a new service using an existing customer’s referral link. If the new customer remains with the company for two months, both parties receive a gift card worth up to $75, depending on the type of service the new customer selects.

• Online support: The Guidance Center section of CenturyLink’s website has tools to help customers with questions or problems. If customers can’t solve the problem on their own, they can easily make a service call request from the same page on the website.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team