formerly Qwest

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.79/5
Based on 2,826 ratings submitted in the last year

CenturyLink Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

No phone service at restaurant during busiest holiday season. Reported on Mon. And no repair available until Fri. Took 24 hrs. To get call forwarding completed to my cell phone correctly! Tony **, repair person, and another tech finally arrived, they worked a couple of hours to untangle the rats nest in the dry rotted phone box outside our building. Built rest. In 1997 and problems throughout 22 years. Fixed w/bandaids but Tony took time and fingers crossed fixed problem long term this time. It was almost worth the 5 day wait if it holds!

CenturyLink response

Hello Elizabeth. I am sorry about how long it took to get your service repaired but I am glad to hear that Tony and crew got it fixed for you. If you do need assistance please feel free to reach out to us here or any of the below contact options.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/CenturyLink/
        Twitter - twitter.com/CenturyLinkHelp

Contact Us - www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had someone come a few weeks ago to repair my wi-fi because I could not get any of my devices to work after the electricity went off. It was repaired and the internet and Alexa dot worked fine. I found out later that I could not connect my printer, doorbell, or nook to the wi-fi. I called and talked with Ralph today and he had it fixed in a few minutes. He was so helpful and nice. I was very pleased. I just don't know where I can fill out an evaluation on his work, so I decided I would write a review.

CenturyLink response

Hello J. thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience with Ralph - we'd be happy to pass along your commendation, just reach out to us here for further help.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I'm old. My house is old??? Tech couldn't find any of the land lines into my house that would work for my internet so he plugged it in next door. Works fine with a booster in my house...my old house. But isn't there anyway my box can come home? I have no cable or landline because I'm old...really old. And no $$$$. Bad enough I have to share my dinner with my old dog. Because we're old...really old. And have no $$$$.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Carin. That's certainly unusual and I'm sorry that this happened. Let me see what I can find out and what we can do to get the equipment set up properly. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Dan from CenturyLink came out to our home today and he installed our new internet and cleaned up outside previous cables from other companies at no charge. He was thorough, professional, patient and very receptive to questions. Highly recommend him for your installation. 5 stars!

CenturyLink response

Hello Matthew, we're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with one of our techs - this is definitely the type of work ethic we want to encourage, so thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback. If anything crops up in the future, and you have questions or concerns, then please send us a message here, and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have had this internet for 12 years now. They are very reliable. I stream all of my content through Roku and it has never failed me. I have lost my internet only 5 times in 12 years. I have the middle speed and it fine for my family of 4.

CenturyLink response

We are so happy to hear that your experience with us thus far as been positive! We do still want to let you know there is an outlet here, that should you need help or have any questions for us, you're able to use to get the assistance you need. Thank you for your review and we hope you have a great rest of your week!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Been with this company for 46 years. Have their price for life which includes internet. For years I have had in the toilet ability to have an internet service that even approaches the quality of Dial up. They told me it was my in home wiring so I had that completely redone by CENTURYLINK! Service still sucked. So they gave me a new 5G modem. Sweet as it blew my wireless printer and was really some token and not necessary thing as my computer is hardwired so it was clearly NOT a wireless issue and max speed is maybe 12 MgPS. Then they told me it was my old building wiring. Well then Satrry came in and they use the same lines (Up to 200 MGPS and GUESS WHAT. They have no problems so it is clearly CenturyLink's inability to deliver what you pay for and an incredible ability to BS..

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

This company will straight up rob you. Just go with Starry internet, or at the very least Comcast. Terrible internet, terrible customer support, and they stole hundreds of dollars from me. Charging me for a modem for YEARS I purchased from them at the very beginning. Shady business practices.. Terrible company.

CenturyLink response

Hello Josh, I am sorry for the experience that you have had with the service and the modem billing. If you would like assistance with this, please feel free to message me back here.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Long long time customer. All of a sudden Internet Goes slow. We complain & they want to send new equipment then bill it to us. No. You eat that $15 & send it to me free. We are searching for a new Internet provider. All over $15. Sad.

CenturyLink response

Hello Eric, I am sorry that you are having issues with the service. If you would like assistance, please reach out to me here and I will be happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

They accidentally shut our internet off and after calling them reconnected it with half the speed we had and refuse to raise it back, say our line can't handle it even though it had for over a year. We have had nothing but trouble trying to even understand their so called customer service and now we can barely even get web pages to load, I had better internet in the 90s with 28 kb dial up. The worst part is we are off a hwy that ONLY CenturyLink is allowed to service no wonder they can get away with being the worst internet provider.

CenturyLink response

Hello James. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience with our service. Please let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Updated on 02/23/2020: Ok I wrote a review last week. Well I re schduled again with them and again no call no show. Now am trying to get my money back that I have paid and this is a nightmare. Am on vacation and have spent more time doing this than with my family about too. They end either give me my refund or it's lawyer time. I am so stressed out over this. I may need a doctor by the time am done. Till they end of the day am done. Don't even know if I can go back to work. So stressed. I need a vacation from doing this. Really customer service. No way. Am done. No more. Can't do it no more. Is this what they put you through to keep your money!!*

Original Review: I moved into a house on 02/01/2020. Had to order internet twice. Didn't get information correct. Second time it did for $59.60 which they took right away from my account. Got box. No phone jack in my house. Called on 0209/2020. After 1 hour and 18 minutes finally got someone who would talk to me. Was transferred 9 times. 9 times was told it was $99.00 to have technician come out. Didn't have the money.

Finally on 02/14/2020 called at 9:30am. They took my $99.00 right away. Set me up an appt for 02/20/2020. I picked the time between 10am and 2pm. Well no one came. I called back. Told this man I wanted a full refund. Here it is the 19th and am still sitting here. Yeah you have my money. Do you think you can put it back as fast as you took it?? Now I have be on my texting with customer service a real person who told me she would be with me in 5 minutes. That was at 7:38 and am still sitting here. I need some help. I want my money back now so I can go with another company. Any suggestions on what I should do??

CenturyLink response

Thank you for the information Sandra. This not only provided me the account number and verified the account for me. I understand that you do not have a phone jack and would like the account cancelled and the money paid to be reimbursed to you. I can easily do this for you. All I need is your permission to disconnect the account and the account will be disconnected within 24 hours.

Not sure about CenturyLink?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

CenturyLink expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CenturyLink was founded 1968 and is now the third largest DSL provider in the United States. The company provides Internet, television, home security and home phone services. It also partners with Verizon to offer cell phone service. Customers receive discounts for subscribing to multiple CenturyLink services.

• International plans: CenturyLink offers reduced rates for calling select countries in Central and South America. They also have plans for other international call and plans specifically for calling Canada.

• Extra features: Consumers can choose a plan with a wide variety of features, including call forwarding, caller ID, three-way calling, voicemail and more.

• Refer-a-friend: CenturyLink’s refer-a-friend program rewards consumers when someone signs up for a new service using an existing customer’s referral link. If the new customer remains with the company for two months, both parties receive a gift card worth up to $75, depending on the type of service the new customer selects.

• Online support: The Guidance Center section of CenturyLink’s website has tools to help customers with questions or problems. If customers can’t solve the problem on their own, they can easily make a service call request from the same page on the website.

• Best for: CenturyLink is best for consumers who want to bundle multiple services.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team