formerly Qwest

Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5
Based on 1,538 ratings submitted in the last year

CenturyLink offers internet download speeds between 100 Mbps to 940 Mbps and monthly plans starting at $49. It provides bundling services for residential and small business customers and serves 36 states. Not all states in CenturyLink’s converge area will have fiber optic options. CenturyLink breaks its internet services down into two main categories: the DSL plan and the Fiber Gigabit plan.

BOTTOM LINE

CenturyLink offers internet, home phone and TV programming services. Most internet options are best for basic internet speeds on a few devices, but the Fiber Gigabit plan is good for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Great for gamers
  • Up to 940 Mbps
  • No contracts

CONS

• Gigabit not available in all areas
  • Not available in all states

Top CenturyLink Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

We've had CenturyLink internet service in one of our Park City, UT condos for about 3 years now and we've been very happy with it. I'd highly recommend their internet service if you're looking for high speed internet.

Dan from CenturyLink came out to our home today and he installed our new internet and cleaned up outside previous cables from other companies at no charge. He was thorough, professional, patient and very receptive to questions. Highly recommend him for your installation. 5 stars!

CenturyLink Shop on FYI

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

CenturyLink Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've had service for about 3 months. The service is reliable and the price is better than Xfinity. Their phone reps have always been very polite and respectful. It would make me a great, fair offer and I'd be off the phone in less than a minute.

CenturyLink response

Hello Loriann we're glad that your experience with us has been going well so far. However if that changes please let us know and reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

They are my phone company. They have gotten better over time and are doing very well with the Bandwidth, Reasonable rates for someone on a fixed income, don't do cable, too expensive and the local Mediacom office has an old grouch for our contact and they are expensive, phones do not work when the power goes out. Centurylink is the best buy for the money under 70.00 for internet & phone.

CenturyLink response

Hello Deann while we're glad to see you've been satisfied with your service so far, if that changes, please let us know by reaching out to us here and we'll be happy to help.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Really have liked Century Link since I first began service with them in 2017. The speed is good for me and service issues have been all but nonexistent, with only two outages in my time with them. I did upgrade once and did a change of address on my service once and it was all very easy. They do not do any high pressure contacting to try to get me to upgrade, that I like. Contact with customer support has always been good and they have been friendly. Price is comfortable for my budget.

CenturyLink response

Hello Gerry, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; if your experience is negative at any point, and you need assistance, please reach out to us here for help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I receive High speed internet of 40Mbps since 2017 and have not had to contact the company because of a loss of speed. I check the speed frequently and is always at or above the ordered speed. The only problem I have had with Century Link was due to a lightning strike nearby that fried a component in the Telephone box on the outside of the house.

CenturyLink response

Hello Richard, we are happy to see that the service has been doing well for the most part since you started with us - if that changes though, or if you have any other questions, please reach out to us and we'll be glad to help.

Original review: March 17, 2020

My DSL light on my modem went out on 3/16/20. I called Century Link Computer Support Service Department for help on 3/17/20. Ms. ** took my call. She troubleshoot my computer from her end as well as from my end. The process took an hour to resolve. Throughout the entire process, Ms. ** remained calm, respectful and professional. Ms. ** is extremely talented, gentle and humble human being. My computer is working great now! Thank you so much for your excellent help. I enjoyed your service. I hope that I will always run into you whenever I call. I also hope that you get promoted to a supervisory position. Because you are so good at what you do. Keep up the good work!

CenturyLink response

Hello Florence. I am happy to hear about your positive experience with our company. We wanted to let you know that if you had any questions or concerns for us in the future, you can reach out to us here, or at any of the following contact options:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/CenturyLink/
    Twitter - twitter.com/CenturyLinkHelp

Contact Us - www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html

Thank you for your time and have a great rest of your week.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Two days after making a partial payment and without warning, my service was suspended. Upon paying the rest of the balance and reaching out to customer service chat, I was told "I hope it's on soon for you". I have three children at home that are remote schooling, as this is how our district is conducting school right now, that are unable to participate in school. I have informed Century Link of this, but with no concern. I then took to Twitter, as suggested by the website, and I received one response within two and a half hours and then no response after my next verification. After 24 hours of full payment, I am sitting here on hold, at work for 37 minutes now and my kids have been out of school for their second day. I am also conducting my master’s degree program online and was unable to meet a deadline last night.

Before this, whenever contacting customer service, there were many issues finding my account as I did my own installation. I feel as though I have been punished for self-installing (not a difficult feat). There is no customer service with CenturyLink. I am beyond disappointed (as I sit here at work, watching notifications that my daughters are unexcused from school). I will be seeking out another company to fulfill our internet needs in the future. (BTW, 46 minutes on hold now - at work.)

So, my call was finally answered just before the hour mark. However, the number that I was given was service retention rather than reconnection. I have been put on hold once again. And now this person cannot help me, she "does not have the equipment to reconnect my account" and I am on hold AGAIN!!!!

Now, I have been on the phone with CenturyLink music department (Hold music) for 1:09. At Work. Just actually spoke with a representative: Could possibly take another 24 hours. Without school. I am so angry right now, I am shaking. Now, my daughter's University audition is on the line if our internet is not up in time. This is her future. Thank you so much, CenturyLink.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Nice installation crew. Cable is buried Underground. No outages since install. Less expensive than competitors in the area. No boxes to rent or connect or extra wiring. Install crew gave me their expert evaluation as to where install would best serve entire house.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

My entire subdivision has been without service for a week now. A bloody week! I have been on the phone with CenturyLink every day - and every day I am told, "maybe it will be fixed tomorrow". The lack of urgency to actually get it fixed, is incredibly frustrating. I need to work from home, the kids need to do online schooling. I don't have days/weeks to waste.

CenturyLink response

Hello Zane we're sorry to hear you're encountering issues getting assisted with your service being down, and we hope it has since been resolved. If you have any lingering questions or concerns, reach out to us here and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Not too impressed with the backend people (or maybe just their capabilities?). But had it not been for a heroic installer I would be leaving a 0. Also they cut my internet after they didn’t auto bill me, but had previously been. So confusing/annoying and not helpful when you work from home.

CenturyLink response

Hello Ava we are sorry to see this was your experience with us recently - if you have any questions of concerns about your account or service, please let us know by responding to us here and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I’ve had bad internet since March. I pay a lot for terrible internet. I’m a small business that is struggling during the pandemic. I’ve tried to adapt. But you offer subpar service. So I paid to upgrade. Par bond internet. Because it’s $10k to get cable lines. I rent space. I can’t afford that. But I’ve never got the speeds I’m paying for. Now my router is going in and out. I’ve had 2 people hang up on me. I’ve called 5x each time I waste 45 minutes on the phone not doing real work. Your service is the worst of any company I’ve dealt with in the 12 yrs I’ve owned my business. Last week I tried to buy a new router from you. He said he sent it. I never got it and called today. They tried to help but instead of transfer she hang up! I called again. Oh yes, he put it in the computer last week but it never sent. So I lost 1 week of work! They weren’t overnight it but supposedly resent today. Meanwhile I don’t have internet. I’d like a free router. My name is Mike ** from Strong Heart Martial Arts in Phx Arizona.

CenturyLink response

Hello Mike we're sorry to see that the experiences you've had with us have not been positive or gone well - we'd be happy to address any concerns you may have. Just let us know if you'd like our help by responding to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

CenturyLink Company Information