3.14/5
Based on 2,997 ratings submitted in the last year

formerly Qwest

4697 CenturyLink Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

Mrs. ** was incredible with helping me get my internet service. I would recommend any to her to everyone. She has a great personality and very educated in her line of work. I will definitely continue my services with CenturyLink in the future.

CenturyLink response
Hello, Emanuel. I"m so glad that you had a positive experience with CenturyLink! We love hearing about it. If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to message us here or using one of the following options:
Facebook - www.facebook.com/CenturyLink/
Twitter - twitter.com/CenturyLinkHelp

Contact Us - www.centurylink.com/home/help/contact.html

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have had this internet for 12 years now. They are very reliable. I stream all of my content through Roku and it has never failed me. I have lost my internet only 5 times in 12 years. I have the middle speed and it fine for my family of 4.

CenturyLink response

We are so happy to hear that your experience with us thus far as been positive! We do still want to let you know there is an outlet here, that should you need help or have any questions for us, you're able to use to get the assistance you need. Thank you for your review and we hope you have a great rest of your week!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

DirecTV should have never merged with CenturyLink. The company has literally wiped me out of money, and blamed it all on DirecTV. No one pays the amount of money they are asking for television. I have paid out over $800 in the last three months. CenturyLink blames DirecTV when it is not them at all because DirecTV says I do not owe them anything. I really need some help with this. I always thought Comcast was the worst company ever. Now I look at CenturyLink as the second company worst ever. They are nothing but thieves.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had an unfortunate mishap with a field guy who canceled my order. In the end a supervisor named Craig went above and beyond by sending his guys out to clean up the previous guys' mess. Thank you so much.

CenturyLink response

We are so glad that Craig was able to help you get your services up and running after our mistaken cancellation. That's the kind of service we want to see from all of our representatives. If you have any questions or concerns for us about your service, please let us know by responding here and we'd be happy to help.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Two years ago I signed up for a 25mbps for $45 for life plan and I asked Centurylink to divorce my DirecTV for my bill. For two years I have fought with them over the DirecTV which they say I have to contact them to delete and DTV says Centurylink has to do it. I also found out 6 months ago that my internet speed is 10mbps. WHen I called them, they basically called me a liar three times. Just got my new bill and still have both on there. Still getting 10 mbps. So, I will swallow my distaste and go back to Brighthouse/Spectrum who offers 30mbps for 29.99.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Fernando a CenturyLink tech in Kissimmee showed up to my home, said the job would take about 4 hours to complete and left without saying anything. Received email saying job was completed but still I have no internet service. The job was to install phone jacks so I can plug up my century link modem...simple enough but still not done. Find techs that are competent and honest.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I asked about how to lower my bill, and was told it could be lowered, with increased speed. "Great", I said. The next day our internet did not work. Called 6+ times over the next week or so. One tried to convince me that the modem was broken, another that the outside line was bad, (they could come check on the line only M-F 8-5, my exact work hours) the next that I had an incompatible modem (it worked just fine until the change) and the next that my DSL cord was broken. They refuse to reduce my speed to the level when the modem did work, and I can have internet.

Finally get a lady that knows something, and tells me I do need a different modem, as mine not handle new speed, and we discuss which one to buy. They should have told me this before they changed the speed, both that my current modem would not work, and that they would refuse to switch my speed back. She states maybe customer service can send them one, and when I get on with them, they tell me this is an internet problem, and transfer me back. (Each call takes at least 30 mins) Then I call and ask for a supervisor, waiting over 30 minutes, and none available. It has now been 11 days without internet. In frustration, I order a modem to rent, and Centurytel cannot help me. Thanks for nothing. This is not service.

Original review: July 18, 2019

It has been a month and 1/2 since my modem has malfunctioned. It will connect to the internet sometimes, then goes out for extended times. My internet connection on my computer states I am connected but I can't open any browser on my Mac Mini. One technician finally came and gave me another modem. Problem still persist. There have been 3 techs scheduled to come to my home. Stanley sent me a text saying he will be here at 12:20. He never showed up. I called tech support and they told me he could not not gain access. He said there was a fence and dog. That is a lie.

I was outside waiting for him and no tech drove by my house. The second tech, Curt was also a no show. The 3rd just never showed up with no text. Yesterday I talked to CenturyLink's tech support and offered no reasons except the 1:pm to 5:00 is actually 1:00 pm to 7:45 pm. I hate to go back to using my iPhone as a hotspot as it is easily hacked and I hate their throttle down mode. And of course, CenturyLink could care less because they have a monopoly in my area.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Rick. I'm sorry we haven't been able to get a tech out there when they were scheduled. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see exactly what's going on if you send us a message on here.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Do not under any circumstance move to a home that your only option for internet service is SinturyStink and their "High Speed DSL Internet" is provided. $45/mo for 6MBPS is what you will get. These guys don't care if you have slow internet. They just want your money. They aren't concerned about updating their network to provide better and faster speeds. They just want your money. A quick Google search via my Verizon LTE service that is 25 MBPS plus says that the 2018 revenue of SinturyStink is $23.44 BILLION. Their CEO Jeffrey Storey gets paid $35.6 MILLION a year, that's gets paid, that's not even his net worth. All while people like me get ** internet on an outdated phone line internet service system. I bet if Jeff had 6MBPS service he would hate is company as well.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Brian. I can understand why you would be upset with those internet speeds. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't get the internet speeds that you need. If you send us a message on here, I can see if there is an ETA for faster speeds in your area.

Original review: July 15, 2019

CenturyLink has horrible internet service!!! I am paying $125.00 a month for crappy 1.5 Mbps download and .44 Mbps upload speed internet and a landline. This is if you are lucky at 3:00A.M. in the morning when no one else is on the bandwidth pipeline. If you come on at 5:30 P.M. after everyone coming home from work forget it! Slow Slow Slow. When I call they tell me it is bandwidth exhaustion. Ok, you know you have a problem for quite some time so... why no solutions! I work out of town and have to download pictures to my office from the house but forget that. It is so freaking slow that it times out the PC. Third world countries have better internet speed and we live in Casco, Wisconsin! I cannot even access sites such as Netflix or Hulu because this piece of crap service will just let you watch nothing but the hour glass running and running with no reception.

I work in telecommunications and always travel through Madison Wisconsin and see the TDS Telephone Company billboards advertising High Speed Internet + Cable TV + landline for $69.00. What I have to put up with is a joke. We do have a cable TV option which is also owned by CenturyLink and they will not sell it because they know Spectrum will come in and upgrade the services and put them out of business. They do nothing with that TV coax system but maintain it with no internet upgrades. In a nutshell these jerks are the only option in town in a rural environment and they suck! They can spend enormous amounts of money to fund the Seattle Seahawks stadium but not put money into the customers who are paying their damn bills. Horrible Horrible company!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry you have had such a negative experience so far. I would be happy to see what we can do to improve your internet speed and to lower your bill. You just need to send us a message on here.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I signed up for CenturyLink (CL) DSL and needed to wait 12 days before they turned on my service. I didn't know why I needed to wait, but I learned that it was so a tech could come by my apartment building and make sure I was set up and ready to go when they turned on my service. The tech never did their job so when my service was activated I had no internet in my apartment.

The night my service was to be activated I spent four hours being bounced around to different chats on their ridiculously segmented website, had a technician decide to end a help session, got passed around on the phone to different apartments until finally the department I needed to talk to was closed for the evening. The next day CL scheduled a technician to come by over the weekend. Not ideal, but fine. The tech came by and couldn't get access to a room in my building where all their equipment was. This is information that would have been helpful prior to wasting my time and the tech's. I contacted the building manager who would have that room open all day Monday. Tech said they'd reschedule a visit for Monday.

Monday comes around. No tech. The support ticket was never updated. CL wanted to submit a brand new ticket and wait another few days before a tech could come out. Oh, this was after speaking with three different departments about my issue, all of which had trouble finding my account. At this point I cancelled and requested a refund. If I can help it I will never use CL again. Their customer service was awful and so were the techs. At no point did I feel that anyone cares about me as a customer or was interested in making sure my issue was resolved.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Ryan. I'm sorry that our tech wasn't able to activate services when they were supposed to be. I can understand why you would want to disconnect even if I am sad to hear it. If you change your mind or have any questions about your account, please send us a message on here

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have had Directv for over 15 years, but when AT&T took over OMG has things changed.... so 4 mo. ago I got AT&T cell and Centurylink to get the bundle price. Well 4 mo. and AT&T said CenturyLink has to do the bundle and CenturyLink said AT&T had to do it. On top of that I work for a com. that has a discount with AT&T but I'm not getting that. I'm wishing that I did not get AT&T or CenturyLink but as you know a two year contract with AT&T and I WILL NOT pay them to get out of it. I WILL CALL THEM BOTH EACH MO. AND YELL AND CUSS JUST TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST. SO I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THEIR **. They can put with mine or let me out of the contract and take back the phone and return the one I used of a trade-in that was all paid off.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Robin. I'm sorry you have had such a negative experience with both CenturyLink and DirecTV. I would be happy to investigate this in more depth and help you find a solution if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have been a Customer of HughesNet for 10 yrs or so. I was thrilled when I saw ads for "CenturyLink Wireless Internet." So I signed up. I was horrified when the rep came out to install my service and I found out it was DSL, and the only wireless part in it was home wi-fi in the modem. When I received my package in the mail, I eagerly connected it up. It doesn't work. So I have spent an entire day on hold and being shuffled from one department to the next. One rep even promised to call me right back and never did.

After hours on the phone and on chat, I was finally told that they would have to send a technician out and it would cost me $85.00. Why should I pay for them not connecting my service correctly in the first palace? So I said "Fine, just cancel my service." They told me I would have to contact various departments and handle stopping the service I never had myself. Unbelievable! So I'm out $55.00, and I'm stuck with no service. I guess I'll stick with HughesNet - Pricey, but great customer service. I wish I had looked here first - I never would have contacted them at all! Avoid!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Ken. I can understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry if they told you that you would have to pay for the tech visit. I can do some troubleshooting with you and see if we can waive that fee if you send us a message on here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

I waited all day for the technician to come and install my Internet even though I have many more things to do, and they never showed up at all. I spoke to about 10 different people none of which could help me other than to say, “You are indeed scheduled for today.” I still have no internet. Appalling customer service, but it's the only choice I have. Perhaps one day I will have Internet again.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Darren. I'm sorry that our tech didn't make it out there when he should have. I would be incredibly frustrated as well if I was in your position. I can investigate this and see what happened if you send us a message on here.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Lowest rating by almost everybody. Abominably slow internet speeds our area, Ocala Florida, continuous buffering. System is >15 years old. Paying mainly for landline telephone. Internet speeds low as 0.5 MBS. Almost never better than 1.1Mbs. Paying >$150 per month for <1.0Mbs. and a telephone landline. Much back patting from “service dept” and promises but no change. R **, Ocala 34482 AC. No attempts to upgrade. They have monopoly in our area so no competition to turn to. But 5G is coming... Stay away.

CenturyLink response

Hello Ronald, we'd like to take a look at your billing rate and speed issues that you're experiencing in order to get this resolved for you. Please let us know if you'd like our help by responding to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Supposed to be 1.5mps but downloads never go past 400kps. The internet will often just decided to stop every so often, and don't even think about have more then 1 device active at a time unless you want 250 ping.

CenturyLink response

We're sorry to hear that you're not getting the full speeds you subscribe to Wallie, and that you haven't been assisted with getting it corrected. We'd like to see what we can do to help - just let us know if you'd like our assistance by responding to us here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

This is quite possibly the worst internet in the United States. The only reason you should have this is if it's the only internet available in your area. I would switch to satellite in a heartbeat if it didn't mean I'd have to deal with ~400-500MS ping constantly. You can easily compare Centurylink to third world internet with the speeds they provide. I wish I said I enjoy paying ~$100 every month for 1.5Mbps, but I don't. Especially since Spectrum offers 100Mbps internet speeds only two miles away from my house, and it significantly cheaper. This company solely relies on being the only competitor in a specific area for business. I can personally guarantee that if Spectrum decided to expand their coverage down my road that everybody in the neighborhood would switch in a heartbeat. Do not choose CenturyLink if you have any other options.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Daiden. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't getting the internet speeds that you would like. I would be happy to see if we can lower your bill and if there is an ETA for higher speeds if you send us a message on here.

Original review: July 8, 2019

We ordered internet service in April. Were told there would be no problem to install May 3rd. Cancelled our Viasat contract. May 3rd turned into May 6th. Then indefinite, then May 31st. We lost a renter because we did not have internet. Then they said it would be installed June 6th. Then June 26th. Asked that they would call us when it would be available. Never called. We re-signed with Viasat and had to agree with a 24 month contract and another $150 install fee. As soon as we signed up they emailed to let us know that CenturyLink was available. We asked that they buy out the 24 month contract with Viasat. They would not. We asked that they give us 12 months of free internet to compensate us for all the financial losses. They would not even though they could have made up the difference. We have CenturyLink at home, but we will be looking to end their service because of how badly we were treated. Do not trust them.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Brent. I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated. The constant delays are unacceptable and I'm sorry this happened. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see what happened if you send us a message on here.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Over many years CenturyLink is the only provider in my area and they continue to sell service knowing they have too many people on the line. The problem changes daily and so do the promises of correction. I would stay away from this company by any means. This company already has multiple Lawsuits for their inability to provide what they promise.

Currently this company for the last two years had made the claim of new equipment was in and just needed to be programmed. So meanwhile our service has declined to the point of not being able to load even a page regardless of the time of day. One could be promised 100mps but when there is an exhaust problem it doesn’t matter how much one has coming in. If it cannot leave it’s irrelevant. So they promise it coming in but it is clogged up in a traffic jam when it leaves. This is the lie that they have been aware of and continue to sell Twelve mps in your area available on their own phone system. As you wait for help and once someone gets on the phone to help it’s difficult to understand them because they don’t speak English very well. And this is no reflection on those people, it’s all on the company that puts these beautiful people in that position.

I guess this is the way to make money now through deception. But one thing is for sure, in the long run the people who work for this company who truly care about what they're doing will be the ones who suffer in the long run when the company has to lay people off because the customers finally stop using their services that they could never truly provide.

CenturyLink response

Hello, John. I would be upset too in your situation. It's hard to operate without dependable internet in this day and age. I would be happy to see if there is anyway we can get you a faster speed and an idea when the capacity issues in your area will be resolved. Just send us a message on here and I'll help you there.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This company is awful. I called last November to inquire about service to a house I was purchasing. I was assured I could have service transferred as there was no bandwidth in the area and it was "temporary" anyway. I was told this by 2 different people. I called to double check because it was important to get this service as there are no other options in my area. I was also told if I called and paid a small fee I could get a port. When it came time to transfer I was told no I could not. Also still no bandwidth. This was 3 months later. Your temporary condition has now lasted now months. Your agents don't care and are unhelpful. They misled me and now 9 months later I still have no answers. This company doesn't care about their customers, potential or otherwise.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Heather. I'm sorry that our agents didn't properly set your expectations when it came to any bandwidth issue in your area. I would be happy to investigate this in more depth if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 5, 2019

We canceled our service and continue to get billing statements from them. They apparently assign a “disconnect number” to your account when service is discontinued so the bill has a totally different telephone number than the number you actually have. I have called the billing department three times and each time get a different story about a “final bill.” If THEY don’t understand their billing practices, how do they expect a customer to understand it. Lousy business practices.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Barbara. I can understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we haven't been able to get your billing issues resolved. I would be happy to go over your billing and help you find a solution. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: July 5, 2019

CenturyLink was just out to my rural township and I was told the slow internet was upgraded from 10 mbps to 60 mbps. Today 4 days later my neighbor brings over mail with her address and my name on the envelope, now I have No internet. I called and the best they can do is 10 days before they send out a technician. I'm sorry but that's unacceptable CenturyLink. You people need to step it up and take action now. This slow or no internet has gone on for years now. My patience is done. Next move I'm contacting 5 on your side, channel 5 news. Maybe media attention is the answer.

CenturyLink response

Hello Richard, we're sorry to hear that your service is not working at this time, and that your repair ticket was placed 10 days out - we understand the need for a strong connection in today's age. We'd like to look into this, to see if we can resolve the issue sooner for you - just let us know if you'd like our help by responding here.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My internet was not working. I called to find out why and was told it was a problem in the area that was fixed. My internet came back up but I could not log into my account to check on it. I kept getting an error message saying that the password was incorrect. I tried to change the password and was told my security question was incorrect. Over an hour later I have been transferred to four different departments and no one can reset my password. This should be a simple two minute fix and I can't get it done. My next step is to cancel the service.

CenturyLink response

Hello Helen, we're sorry to see you're having issues logging in to your account - we could understand how that'd be frustrating. We'd like to help with this, and answer any other questions you may have, just respond to us here privately, and we'll take it from there.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been a customer for 9+ years. Living in a rural location, the only other option is a satellite internet service. Despite the fact that a fiber optic line runs under my driveway, they have been unable to connect me, so I am left with a "3mb" DSL connection, which runs at 2.5 at most. There are frequent slowdowns to 0.1-0.2 mb down speed. Any attempt to address outages requires 30-60 minutes on the phone, with frequent hangups and transfers until you finally get to real person, who for the most part provides scripted rhetoric. The most entertaining event was when I attempted to switch to their "forever rate", at which point they totally shut me down a half an hour after sending me a welcoming e-mail, then it took another hour on the phone, and another day to get re-connected.

CenturyLink response

Hello Juris, we're sorry to see you're not getting the speeds you desire, and that you're dissatisfied with the customer service experiences you've had thus far. We could understand how this would be frustrating, and would like to offer our assistance if needed. Just reach out to us here for help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 1, 2019

I've been with CenturyLink for 8 years now and because I live in a small town in N.C. There are not a lot of options. The service with Centurylink has progressively gotten worse. It may be better in other areas, but it is definitely not good in this town. I have called Centurylink about this repeatedly and they suggested that I either buy or lease a newer modem from them, so I bought one from them. That still did not fix the issue. They said that I could up my speed by 10 MBS with the modem that I bought from Centurylink.

However, they did not inform me that my internet would be down for the entire time that the upgrade was due to take place and up until the ticket was closed. By midnight my internet was still down, so I called to follow up and that's when Centurylink informed me that the speed was not compatible with the new modem that I bought through them.

So between all of that, my internet speed was never eligible to be upgraded, unless I bought or leased another modem. My internet is so intermittent at times and goes in and out at least 3 times a week. I have given up calling every single time, because it's frustrating that they make me go through the same troubleshooting steps every single time, even though I already do them prior to ever calling (rebooting, powering down and unplugging the modem, restarting my computer, etc.).

Also at some point Centurylink took off my inside wire maintenance plan. I have had that plan since I became a Centurylink customer (8-almost 9 years now). The inside wire maintenance plan is what alleviates you from having to pay extra if the technician finds an issue in your lines when they come out on a service call. This was NOT the first time that Centurylink changed something on my account without my consent.

I just found out about that recently when my internet was completely down (the DSL and internet light were blinking red). So after an hour+ of phone calls and troubleshooting they agree to send someone out on Tuesday, June 25th. But that was after 3 phone calls, because the first rep who was very helpful was rebuilding my settings and he instructed me to unplug the modem after he was done.

When he came back to the phone, he couldn't hear me, but I could hear him, so I had to call back. I got someone new and had to re-explain things, but that rep was of no help and actually seemed like the call was routed somewhere outside of the U.S. I ended up asking to speaking to her supervisor, because the call was going nowhere and she could not transfer me back to the helpful guy/rep.

Long story short, I am dissatisfied with Centurylink overall. The service has progressively gotten worse - along with how they can switch things up without the customer's consent. Like back in 2015, they switched my private, non-published phone number to public. In which I began receiving regular spammer/scammer calls. I will definitely be following up to file a complaint.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Yuki. I can understand why you would be upset. We should have gotten the services upgraded properly and got your services working. I can help you resolve any and all CenturyLink issues you are having if you send us a private message on here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 30, 2019

If I could rate this company 0 out of 5 stars I would. I highly recommend not ever using this company. First of all the customer service leaves much to be desired. Took them 2 and a half weeks of constant nagging and calling for them to finally send someone up to come and fix the problem after lightning struck our house twice in the same night and took out many of our electronics. Never even called to tell us that they weren't coming and we lost a lot of work we could have been doing to make money. Not to mention the fact that I am a college student who needs the internet (I lost a few things due and my grade has gone down to a C from t anhis) and my mother works as a tax accountant from home. Many angry clients. CenturyLink never fixes the problem and always charges us more than needed.

Modem itself is really crappy and we are paying 45 a month for 0.16 mbps down and 0.14 mbps up when we are supposed to be getting anywhere from 10 to 20 mbps. This company is not worth the stress and effort. I highly recommend avoiding these idiots like the plague. I have actually done a better job fixing problems such as these. Another finally recommendation from me: do not get the company modem or router. Go out and buy one because it is not a fun time to have throttling and a device that breaks very frequently (I have had to replace 3 within a year and buying one like Netgear had lasted 5 years with no issue or need for replacement. CenturyLink was also angry that I simply refused to use their company one and that I wasn't buying their bull.) Not using this company will SAVE you a lot of time, money and energy.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kelsey. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry it took us so long to get your services repaired. I would be more than happy to see if we can lower your bill and help you improve the speed you are receiving. All you need to do is send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I have been a customer since 2017. A storm came through Sunday night and knocked out all power supply to my building, and blew out the internet modems. Service tech came out Tuesday and left without fixing the internet or telling us why. Submitted another service request, and tech came out today and never even came to my home, he fixed the internet in my neighbor's house without fixing mine or checking to make sure it was working. Submitted another service request today, and I have to wait another 5 days for them to get a service technician to my house because nobody bothered to do their job the first two times. I work from home and now will be going a total of 9 days without service due to no fault of my own and CenturyLink does not seem to care. They are the only internet service provider in this area and I have no choice but to put up with them or move!!! I’m infuriated!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Cassandra. I can understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry that it's taking us so long to get your services restored. I can see what we can do to get this expedited if you send us a message on here.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We have been with CenturyLink for many years, their Internet service is often spotty, upload and download speed is not what they advertise. Customer service is horrible. If you have options to choose another company I would.

CenturyLink response

Hello we're sorry to hear you're not having the greatest experience with our service - we'd like to remedy this, and answer any questions you may have. Just respond to us here to get started, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I received an ad saying I could upgrade to 10Mb. I currently had 8mb and had it for 8 years. When I had an appt to get the 10 mb I ended up not being able to get 10 and how I don’t know but ended up with cancelled service. When they were fixing the mistake and get the service back up I ended up getting only 3 mb max speed. They said my line couldn’t handle 10 and they didn’t offer 8 anymore and the next slower was 3. A complete screw job all due to their error.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Bill. I can understand why you would be frustrated and I'm sorry that we didn't complete the upgrade. I am also sorry that we didn't put you back to the 8 mbps you had before. I would be happy to take a look at your account and see if there is anything I can do to get you back up to the 8 mbps. All you need to do is send us a message on here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 27, 2019

Our experiences with CenturyLink have been very unsatisfactory. We first had our internet line cut when our contractor cut cut the line when excavating our driveway. This was on June 3rd and took CenturyLink a week to show up which was on June 10th. We were told we needed to home that morning from 8 to 12, so I missed that morning of work and the technician never came inside. So there was no need to be at home. At that time a temporary line was put in and runs 330 ft across our lawn all the way to the road. The internet was only working sporadically and we could not stream, so we contacted you again on June 12.

A technician was sent again on June 18 and said the cable had been split when connected to the house. The internet was okay for a little while, but we are having trouble with the internet again. Meanwhile the subcontractor has not buried the line and we were told they will get there when they have time. I am writing this on June 27th, so it has been almost 4 weeks since the line was cut, and almost 3 weeks since the temporary line has been put in. So, 4 weeks without internet or intermittent internet and a line crossing our lawn that is a hazard to mow around, with no indication when the line will be buried. We were going to contact CenturyLink again, but why? They never fix the problem and don't even apologize for shoddy service! Warning if you have any choice, don't subscribe!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Maurine. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. I would be too in your position. I would be happy to help you with the sporadic internet issues you have been having in and see what's going on with that line. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

CenturyLink expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CenturyLink was founded 1968 and is now the third largest DSL provider in the United States. The company provides Internet, television, home security and home phone services. It also partners with Verizon to offer cell phone service. Customers receive discounts for subscribing to multiple CenturyLink services.

• International plans: CenturyLink offers reduced rates for calling select countries in Central and South America. They also have plans for other international call and plans specifically for calling Canada.

• Extra features: Consumers can choose a plan with a wide variety of features, including call forwarding, caller ID, three-way calling, voicemail and more.

• Refer-a-friend: CenturyLink’s refer-a-friend program rewards consumers when someone signs up for a new service using an existing customer’s referral link. If the new customer remains with the company for two months, both parties receive a gift card worth up to $75, depending on the type of service the new customer selects.

• Online support: The Guidance Center section of CenturyLink’s website has tools to help customers with questions or problems. If customers can’t solve the problem on their own, they can easily make a service call request from the same page on the website.

• Best for: CenturyLink is best for consumers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs