3.14/5
Based on 2,997 ratings submitted in the last year

formerly Qwest

4698 CenturyLink Consumer Reviews

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2019

On 5/25 I placed a service call for intermittent internet access problems where there was limited to no internet. Problem was not resolved until 5/30. I placed another service call on 6/7 for the same problem and could not get a service technician until 6/13. I would prefer to patronize CenturyLink over Xfinity, but with long service delays, I may have to switch to Xfinity. CenturyLink has provided a fast, reasonably price service, but the service response time is terrible.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Larry. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. I would be too given the repeated problems and how long it's been taking us to get this resolved. I would be happy to take a look at what's going on and see if we can get this repaired once and for all. All you need to do is send us a message on here.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When I say this is the worst internet service it really is. They give you the runaround and can’t even give you the correct information over the phone. I’ve had a one of their representatives even hang up on me. For starters if you provide someone with a confirmation number what’s the point if no one’s going to ask for it. Every person I’ve talked to from CenturyLink has been absolutely no help. They constantly gave me the runaround about reconnecting my service which they have yet to do. Honestly at this point I’d rather find another internet provider than deal with CenturyLink’s BS.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Angel. I'm so sorry you've had such a negative experience with our agents over the phone. I would be happy to see what's causing the delay in your services being reconnected as well as help you with any other CenturyLink issues you are experiencing. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Placed an order for my Mother to have a landline in an Asst Living facility on 5/15. As of June 7th still not done and I have to call 3 to 4 times a day. This is absolutely insane! Every time I call I get a different story. "The order was never placed" is the latest I heard and now they do not have a technician available to complete the order. My 86 year old refused to use a cell phone and has been without a phone for 4 weeks. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Karen. I agree that this is an unacceptable delay and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get the landline working for you. If you send us a message on here, I can investigate this and see what is causing the delay. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

For the second time in a month, our broadband internet is out. CenturyLink could not send a technician for a week in both cases. They are severely understaffed in North Carolina. I'm in Orange County.

CenturyLink response

Hello Frances-Ann we apologize that you continue to experience service loss - we can understand how this would be frustrating, and would like to offer our assistance going forward. Please reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

So a genius chat support of yours changed my password without my permission. I asked for my phone features but she changed my password. Great, maybe they need to be re-evaluated. Simply asking for phone features and also disabling some of the features will take them forever to understand what you actually wanted to happen. We had to go in circles. Sigh.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Loo. I'm sorry that this happened and I would like the opportunity to investigate this to get an idea of what happened so we can prevent this in the future. I can also assist you in getting to the right place to get your password changed back to what it was. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had to get a phone line hooked up to my septic alarm system. I called and they said it was turned on, it was not. I called again 3 weeks ago. They said they would send out a technician on Wednesday. I took off work (no pay), waited all day, no show. Called again, argued with them, they said someone would be there Friday. Took off work again (no pay). No show again. Called again, they said next Thursday, took off work (no pay). Now I sit here waiting. I will be surprised if they show up. I have no other option but to deal with them. I have no idea what to do. The absolute worst company to deal with. My time is valuable to me, apparently they don't think it is. One thing I can say about them you can rely on them to be unreliable. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Karen, we apologize that all of your repair appointments have been missed, and that you're still waiting for a resolution at this time. We'd be happy to take a look at this repair order for you - just reach out to us here for assistance, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My internet is running so slow it takes 15 minutes or more to get my email, websites etc to come up if they ever do. I am told the bandwidth is exhausted. But no dept is working on it. I have talked to probably 20 people in the last week and most are offshore and don't have a clue what is going on. CenturyLink has the worst customer service of any company. And their service is also the worst of any I have had. If there was any other internet service in my area, CenturyLink would be history. When are they going to fix this issue? I am not the only one complaining about this problem. Everyone on this line is having the same problem. Is our business not worth getting this resolved?

CenturyLink response

Hello Anita, we can understand the frustration of slow internet speeds, and apologize that your box is at capacity at this time. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - please just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here.

Original review: June 5, 2019

CenturyLink customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced. First off my modem went out, so customer service said they would overnight one, for a fee of $22. After a couple of days of not receiving it, I called back and the request was never even processed. They keep me on hold for a long period, and can almost never find my account. I’m so frustrated with this company.

CenturyLink response

Hello Danielle, we're sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our company - we could understand how this would be frustrating. We'd like to investigate what happened with your modem - please just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I've been trying to get my internet issues resolved for the past 2 days and spent over two and a half hours speaking with many people from the Philippines and Dominican Republic that do not have the capability to transfer me to someone in the US that can speak good English. These overseas customer service people are very limited on their English and understanding issues. They do not and cannot resolve anything but are very good at placing you on hold for extended periods of time while they pretend they are actually doing something. 54 1/2 minutes on hold is ridiculous!

CenturyLink needs to have a dedicated number to a customer service Personnel Department in the United States! I live in Minnesota and believe I have the right to deal with someone from my country that speaks the same language. CenturyLink should be ashamed for hiring overseas personnel that it can pay peanuts to compared to hiring decent American people. The people in this country deserve to be treated better by CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim, we're sorry to see you feel this way about our customer service agents - but if you have any questions or what you needed to get done hasn't been resolved, then please reach out to us here and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Just to give you a little background on my personal experience, my work for the last two decades focused on tech. Unfortunately, my particular area is very limited by carriers, and so CenturyLink was forced upon me. My connection went down at a minimum of 15 times a day, every day. Yes (yawn), I rebooted by modem - on occasion - but I'm not going to do it every time. I also had to have a landline for faxes and the line was so terrible that I couldn't actually use it for phone calls. It wasn't always terrible, though, so I was told it was likely my fault and a fortune to fix. No way am I going to invest in repairs for an apartment complex.

I'm relocating to a different area where I thankfully have more options that are less expensive (because who charges $100/month for 20 mbps?). It was only when I told them I was disconnecting and that their service was equal to dial-up from the '90's that they offered to lower my bill if I would just stay with them a little longer. Why can't I get a better deal and get actual consistent internet service? Forget it. Run far, far away.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm so sorry that we weren't able to provide you with the consistent service that you need. I am also sorry that this has caused you to go to another company. I would be happy to assist you anyway I can or answer any questions you have if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Worst C.S. ever... Before they are trying to collect money owed to them, they may want to attend phone 101 classes, 2 times they call me, say, "Please hold for a billing specialist." What a joke, they hang up on me, they call back, "Please hold for a billing specialist." They hang up, they have not called back, either embarrassed or cant find my phone number. If this stale bureau cant even connect calls, how can they even figure out the amount of money they "say" is owed to them. Let's all hang out for CenturyLink to figure the bs out. I am waiting for their "recorded phone transcripts" to be mailed to me but they probably cant find them.... 'Cuz they hang up on you. Unreal sloppy business. Peace.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Patricia. I would be upset too given your situation. We should definitely make sure you are being connected to the right place and help you figure out what's going on with your bill. I would be happy to go over the charges with you and see what we can do to help if you send us a message on here.

Original review: June 3, 2019

CenturyLink is the worst company I have ever done business with. First, the modem that they sent us did not work. I called customer service to get help and they said they will be sending a tech out to service it. A tech NEVER showed up. I then called them to cancel their crappy service. Second, the “mailed” me a return label to return the modem, that never showed.. Go figure. They had “re-sent” multiple times which again, never came. I had to print it out online even though they said that wasn’t allowed. Why? I have no idea.. Then I get a bill for an in-returned modem. Basically they want to charge me for their faulty equipment that I mailed back to them. I called customer service once again to get the charge off since I did in fact mail it in. The guy on the phone said that the charge will be taken off and that they did receive it.

Then 9 months go by and turns out they sent me to collections and it dropped my credit score. I am beyond livid with this horrible company. I am currently trying to fight the case as each rep I have talked to keeps saying I never returned the modem which is not true. The original rep says that they had it, but I guess that was a complete lie. I also talked with another person recently once I found out about the charges that were still derogatory against me. This rep told me that sometimes their “system doesn’t register since we get thousands of modems per day.” So how is that my fault that you didn’t put it on my account? And now I’m responsible for your employees not doing their job? I don’t think so! They are criminal and lie and scheme to rob people of their money!! And if you don’t pay, they will ding your credit. It’s such a SCAM!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Haley, we're sorry to hear that you're being billed for a returned modem, and can understand how this would be frustrating to have to get resolved. We'd like to look into this for you - just let us know if you'd like our help by responding here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been a customer with CenturyLink for many years. My landline phone and internet went out twice now, supposed to send a tech. No show, now another reschedule, it will be 24 days out. Most ridiculous service. Never late on payments. 120 dollars month and get a service technician in 24 days! Will not refer this company and probably look for better company.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that we haven't been able to get a tech out to you and that it's been out for so long. I would be happy to investigate this and see what we can do to expedite the repair. Send us a message on here and we can get started.

Original review: June 1, 2019

About twice a year for the past ten years, Centurylink has "server problems" that make it impossible to access my account and pay my bill. I call the customer service number, follow the prompts to pay by phone and inevitably end up with a rep who wants to charge me $8.95 to be allowed to pay my bill even though they admit it is their server problem. I insist that I want the phone bill paying number that does not incur a charge. 30 Minutes later and three more phone numbers later, when reps promptly answer and are willing to allow me to pay my bill for $8.95 I invoke the name of the DOJ. Suddenly, I am allowed to pay my bill without a fee. The high tech they tout obviously does not work for them. I am reduced to having them send me paper statements to avoid the frustration. I wonder how many people pay the $8.95.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Debra. I'm sorry if you were told that $8.95 was the processing fee. When a one time payment is made over the phone or online, the processing fee is $3.50. I would like to gather some information and figure out who was telling you the wrong amount so we can help train them better. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Internet service is like the 1980s. CenturyLink has not upgraded our street and doesn’t plan on it according to the calls I have done. Two blocks away and they can get up to 100 mbps but we literally have 2.9 mbps! We can’t have more than one computer on the internet at a time or it will slow down even worse. No streaming or gaming for any of us on this block. It simply is crazy for being 2019 and the age of technology. Paying the same price as those who have higher speeds is not right!

CenturyLink response

Hello, MIchele. I can definitely understand why you would be upset with those speeds. I would be more than happy to investigate this and see what we can do to improve your services. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

Please don't choose CenturyLink. It's ok if there are problems with the service but I found some basic things missing in their coordination.

(0) Anyways they dont have any better deal than Comcast. Only good point for me was that they didn't ask me to sign one year contract.
(1) They gave me wrong information about the speed of internet available in my area.
(2) They still work with old technology (phone wire link) in my home which is in prime area in Bellevue, Seattle.
(3) I opted not to connect/install the service and immediately informed them that I am not starting the service at all. I had not paid anything till then. Still, they sent me a bill of 50$ a month later.
(4) I contacted them on online chat to inform about the wrong bill but they didn't help me. I had to call their number during office hours to straighten that out.
(5) I asked them to send an email or any form of written record that my account is clear. So I have a reference. but they refused to do so.
(6) I wanted to register a grievance but I couldn't find any place. I asked them to provide the correct place to put a complaint but they never gave it.

Hope it's useful. Thanks.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Bhakti. I'm so sorry you've had such a negative experience with our company. We definitely should have been more upfront every step of the way. I would be happy to go over the account and confirm you are at a zero balance. Send us a message on here and I'll get started.

Original review: May 30, 2019

First of all CENTURYLINK needs to have a department where we can literally talk to a rep about who we’ve referred to make sure we receive our refer a friend reward cards. I myself have been through pure deliberate hell with the reps and Bridgevine just to make sure I get my rewards card. There shouldn’t have to be a waiting period for us to give our info about who we’ve referred and they have some of the laziest reps I’ve ever met in my entire life.

They really be trying not to give what they promise and then when the people from Bridgevine do contact you, they give you a number and tell you to call directly to them so you don’t have to go through all of the trouble you’ve already gone through. But they turn around and never answer the phone number they give and then send you an email with lies about they were out of the office all week, but yet you keep calling the following week and still they pull the same lies and stunts and then call you with excuses for the very one that told you to call in the first place. And they start making excuses and lying, telling me he’s very sick and I knew that was a lie too. Very bad the way they handle their customers by lying and trying to deceive us. Doesn’t make sense when you can be honest. PERIOD.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Monica. I'm sorry that you've had to jump through so many hoops trying to get your prepaid VISA. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see what's causing the delay if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Doing basic things on the internet are a chore whether it's downloading pics from google photos, waiting for expedia to load so I can book a vacation or trying to watch a video on youtube is almost unbearable. Sometimes I think the connection speed is slower than the old dial up modems. Why does CenturyLink advertise high speed internet if they don't actually provide it? Edit: I had to select the "I'm not a robot" box multiple times before I could even submit this review because I kept getting a "check your connection" message.

CenturyLink response

Hello Chris, we're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with your CenturyLink service - we'd be happy to look into this for you, and answer any questions you may have about your account. Just let us know if you'd like our help by responding here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had Centurylink before I moved to new apartment. I disconnected services at the old apartment and tried to connect services to new apartment. I have paid my bill faithfully in the past. When I moved, Centurylink sent the wrong box to set up my service. I had a tech come out twice. The first tech got my services going to one day. I found out it was because the box did not have the right speed. I called Centurylink at least five times to troubleshoot and they finally sent another tech out for me. He stated that I had 2 accounts open in my name and Centurylink charged me $75.77 from May 1st-May 23 for a account that never worked for me.

I finally got the representative to attach my name to the working account. Called today around 5:21pm and the rep named Rich stated there is no notion on my account from the previous calls. What you got idiots working there? I'm out $70 bucks and due to pay $50 on the 6th for my working account. Centurylink customer services is not very friendly or helpful. I'm done and refuse to give centurylink anymore money. Switching services.

CenturyLink response

Hello LaShunda we're sorry to see that you have had issues trying to get your accounts corrected, and getting properly assisted with the accounts. We'd be happy to look into this for you, and answer any other questions or concerns you may have for us - just reach out to us privately and we'll be glad to help.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Why am I getting a late fee when I have it set up to pull from my bank on the 14th of every month and for some reason the payment was never took out this month and I am at the point of cancelling service. I'm not about to pay a late fee when I have the money in my account and the people in charge of making sure it is took out ain't doing their job.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jason we'd be happy to take a look into what happened with your billing and payments - just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Absolutely awful customer service. I was a customer for over 2 years, and when I tried to cancel because my internet was so slow, they created a new account under my name that I was completely unaware of without my authorization. I was never sent a new modem and this was all done completely erroneously. I paid my final bill for my old account and thought I was done with this terrible company, but I was billed for 3 months of service under a new account after I had already canceled my old account and switched to Xfinity. I was unaware of this until I was sent to collections for unpaid bills that I was not aware existed, because I was told my account with them was closed!

Trying to get this sorted out has been an absolute nightmare, I simply wanted to cancel my account. After spending 2+ hours on the phone with customer service, I was sent from customer service to financial service and back to customer service, each person I talked to said their department couldn’t help me. I cannot believe the stress I have been put through and time that I have spent simply by trying to cancel my account.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim we apologize that this was the experience you had with us after wanting to close your account, and that you are no longer a customer of ours. We'd like to investigate this for you, in order to get the issue resolved - just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here. Thank you

Original review: May 29, 2019

CenturyLink gave us a connect date of 5/20. No one showed up so I called. Told us the date had been changed to the 29th! Without calling or notifying us. Now it’s the 29th, No one showed up at the time they promised us. I call and their technician called in sick according to them! I get people being sick but they expect you to be here from 8-5 pm so now 2 days of work missed!!! Now they are saying they will be here tomorrow which it means another day off from work! What kind of customer service are they giving here??? I would not EVER use this service!!! They want their money!! But don’t want to provide a service!!! THIEVES!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Michelle, we could understand how this would be frustrating, and apologize that your service hasn't been installed as initially scheduled. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - just reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Background: Small Company with less than 25 employees. We have been a customer of CenturyLink for over 11 years. I have been working with them for 3 months to obtain better services for our small business. We have 3 voice lines, 2 fax lines, 1 voicemail line, 1 line that is used as a switch for our marketing, and we also have 1 static IP for internet. So we asked for a business bundle with normal services such as caller ID, long distance, and high speed internet through our existing static IP. I have talked to so many people at CenturyLink to fix our account.

At first we didn't have caller id, then we got caller ID and lost our internet for 4 days. Every time we called to complain about not having services, we ask for a refund for the services that we are paying for until it is what we ordered. At least once a month we receive an 8 page "Order Change Confirmation" that gives us credits for things that should have been right 3 months ago, but then new charges for each change... so basically not giving us a refund at all. And by the way this statement is too confusing for most people to comprehend and all you can do is try to compare it to the previous one that wasn't right to begin with. I have created and sent a spreadsheet that consists of all of the interactions and problems that we have had upgrading existing CenturyLink services to their upper management.

They just attempt to placate us with promises of refunds/discounts that we have yet to see. I also asked for a different client manager. They never assigned us a new one. We are still dealing with issues and billing that is not consistent with what was originally agreed to. Recently, I was told that I have to call our client manager because technical support could not help us. So I called her and sent her an email. I received a response via email a few days later indicating that she has been promoted.

I have been waiting for a new client manager to be assigned to us for two weeks. I just received a new "Order Change Confirmation" that is incorrect again and it added new services that is well above the original agreement made over 3 months ago. Oh well, we are looking into other companies that can offer us service as CenturyLink has been a bad joke. Other problems: Countless dropped calls and/or loss of connection; internet problems, one of our lines had no long distance and now they billed us like we ordered a new service instead of correcting their errors.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jennifer, firstly thank you for your patronage, and secondly we apologize that you haven't been having the best experience with our company recently. We'd be happy to remedy this for you, and answer any questions you may have. Just reach out to us here privately for help, and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Never subscribe CenturyLink internet. They make false speed promises. They are sales team told me that they have fiber connection so the internet speed is very much better than any other internet provider. So I ordered internet from CenturyLink. On May 23rd I checked on their website for my address. The speed that they showed on their portal was one gigabyte so I called their customer care. The customer care promised me of 1 gigabyte of internet speed with $55 per month and no additional charges for installation. To my shock when the guy came and he said, "You ordered only 100 megabytes per second for $55." I kept telling him that it was one gigabyte and also showed him to screenshot on my phone. He still did not believe and he said, "The one gigabyte is not available in your area."

Because I will have no internet connection I asked him to proceed. After the installation on his wired device it was only showing 85 megabytes per second speed. So I asked him why I'm not getting hundred megabytes per second which he promised to me. He told me only 85 can be achieved and he cannot do any better so I asked him to write on his notes. When I called the CenturyLink customer care they told me that they cannot do anything because it might be the setup in my area. The customer care is totally hopeless and they don't care about helping the customer. They have pathetic internet speed and no one to should subscribe internet from CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kaushal. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we didn't provide you with the speeds you were promised. I can see if there is anything we can do to get you that 1 gbps. At a minimum, I should be able to help you improve the speeds you are receiving. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 27, 2019

We have had CenturyLink Internet service for several years only because we have no other choices. Our internet goes down EVERY time it rains. Of the 15 to 20 times we have had their service personnel out to get it up and running we’ve had to wait days and it only stays operational until the next rain. Of course that doesn’t include the random shutdowns which happen 4 or 5 times a week. The last few service personnel have told us that a new line needs to be run from terminal downtown but CenturyLink won’t do that because there are only 10 or so customers on this line. If we had any other choice, even tin cans on a string, we’d be better off. Heading into our 2nd day with no service now AGAIN. My employer would let me telework from home one or two days a week except for the fact that our ISP is so undependable. So my review is don’t use them if you have any other option.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Barry. I'm so sorry your internet has been so unstable. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see what's causing the service issues you are experiencing. You just need to send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I was calling different internet providers in my area today to get quotes for my residential home. I called Spectrum first, who gave me a quote for their services. After, I called CenturyLink to see what they had to offer. The girl was bubbly as could be until I told her, based on the price she gave me, that I was going to go with a more affordable provider. As I was about to thank her for her time, she said "Mmmm, that's really up to you" and hung up on me. Grrr!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Erica. I'm so sorry that our agent did that. It's obviously not appropriate behavior. If you send us a message on here, I can collect some information and make sure that this agent is coached appropriately.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We just received internet at our house and we are receiving 0.19 ms. We can not even search the web. It is slower than dial up. We also had to wait 2 months for them to install internet. I work from home and use internet for my job.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Morgan. I'm sorry your internet has been running so slow. I would be happy to take a look at your connection and see what's going on. All you need to do is send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I called Centurylink a little after 4 PM. Spoke to someone whose name was Michael. After he got all my information I was speaking to him and he hung up on me so I called back and spoke to a young lady. She was very polite however I didn’t get her name. We went through the full process of ordering again. I gave her the information needed to pull my credit.

She told me I would have to pay have a $75 deposit to set up installation. I told her I had to speak with my husband and to call me back at 6 PM and I would let her know what my husband said. It is 648 and I have not heard back from her so I called Century link again spoke to another young lady. She took all of my information again and wanted to run my credit again and Wanted to run my credit again and I told her that I should not have to have my credit ran that many times to get installation set up that they should have kept my information from the previous two calls. As of now I am one extremely Potential customer.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Carolyn. I'm sorry that this happened and I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated given the situation. You should have been called back so this could be done properly. If you send us a message on here, I can investigate what happened and help you complete this order.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My husband and I are new to the Orlando area and did some research into our options for internet and T.V. We originally set up an appointment to have internet installed by CenturyLink and we then decided to go with another service provider. My set up appointment was for May 21 and I called on May 20th to cancel my appointment. After about a 20 minute conversation from the CenturyLink employee, I confirmed cancellation and that the set up appointment was also canceled. I got a confirmation number which apparently means nothing. I and my husband were both at work on May 21 and without our permission, CenturyLink hooked up lines and service. I talked with numerous employees about how this could happen and was told service would be disconnected today May 23rd.

It is now almost the end of the work day with no arrival from CenturyLink. I called again, and now they are telling me they don’t remove lines. What? I didn’t even want the lines in the first place, that’s why I canceled. I have since reached out again and have gotten the run around about possibly a tech being able to come at the end of the month. What? I honestly have no words for this company l. They have shown me the worst customer service, zero accountability and zero resolutions. I wish I could work in a field that I don’t have to do my job properly and still get paid.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kerry. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we ran lines without your permission. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see exactly what's going on. Send us a message here and I can help you out.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Beware of CenturyLink billing service charges. On my recent billing statement, the previous months payment was not credited and a $18.00 late payment charge was added. The previous month's invoice was due on May 13, 2019. I mailed the check April 24, 2019. I called the customer service # to advise and was very rudely informed, by Sara, they received the payment after the 13th so there was nothing she could do.

After discussion, I asked to talk with a supervisor. I was more rudely told "I'll let you talk to a supervisor, but they will tell you the same thing". After waiting a long time, Sara advised the supervisor authorized the service charge removed but "it won't happen again". While on hold, I looked at my recently received Bank statement. The other 4 checks written on 4/24/19 all cleared the Bank AND the following 9 checks written through 5/4/19 ALL cleared the Bank. The CenturyLink check was the only check written before 5/4/19 that didn't clear. Most all of these checks were sent by US mail. CenturyLink has an accounts receivable problem and they rudely explained "it's a Post Office problem". Sara should not be a Customer SERVICE Agent. She should be retrained or reassigned.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim, we understand the importance of keeping finances in line and billing accurately, and apologize that you're having issues getting this problem rectified. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any questions you may have about your service or account. Just let us know if you'd like this help by responding here.

CenturyLink Company Information