3.12/5
Based on 3,033 ratings submitted in the last year

formerly Qwest

4650 CenturyLink Consumer Reviews

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

Doing basic things on the internet are a chore whether it's downloading pics from google photos, waiting for expedia to load so I can book a vacation or trying to watch a video on youtube is almost unbearable. Sometimes I think the connection speed is slower than the old dial up modems. Why does CenturyLink advertise high speed internet if they don't actually provide it? Edit: I had to select the "I'm not a robot" box multiple times before I could even submit this review because I kept getting a "check your connection" message.

CenturyLink response

Hello Chris, we're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with your CenturyLink service - we'd be happy to look into this for you, and answer any questions you may have about your account. Just let us know if you'd like our help by responding here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had Centurylink before I moved to new apartment. I disconnected services at the old apartment and tried to connect services to new apartment. I have paid my bill faithfully in the past. When I moved, Centurylink sent the wrong box to set up my service. I had a tech come out twice. The first tech got my services going to one day. I found out it was because the box did not have the right speed. I called Centurylink at least five times to troubleshoot and they finally sent another tech out for me. He stated that I had 2 accounts open in my name and Centurylink charged me $75.77 from May 1st-May 23 for a account that never worked for me.

I finally got the representative to attach my name to the working account. Called today around 5:21pm and the rep named Rich stated there is no notion on my account from the previous calls. What you got idiots working there? I'm out $70 bucks and due to pay $50 on the 6th for my working account. Centurylink customer services is not very friendly or helpful. I'm done and refuse to give centurylink anymore money. Switching services.

CenturyLink response

Hello LaShunda we're sorry to see that you have had issues trying to get your accounts corrected, and getting properly assisted with the accounts. We'd be happy to look into this for you, and answer any other questions or concerns you may have for us - just reach out to us privately and we'll be glad to help.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Why am I getting a late fee when I have it set up to pull from my bank on the 14th of every month and for some reason the payment was never took out this month and I am at the point of cancelling service. I'm not about to pay a late fee when I have the money in my account and the people in charge of making sure it is took out ain't doing their job.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jason we'd be happy to take a look into what happened with your billing and payments - just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Absolutely awful customer service. I was a customer for over 2 years, and when I tried to cancel because my internet was so slow, they created a new account under my name that I was completely unaware of without my authorization. I was never sent a new modem and this was all done completely erroneously. I paid my final bill for my old account and thought I was done with this terrible company, but I was billed for 3 months of service under a new account after I had already canceled my old account and switched to Xfinity. I was unaware of this until I was sent to collections for unpaid bills that I was not aware existed, because I was told my account with them was closed!

Trying to get this sorted out has been an absolute nightmare, I simply wanted to cancel my account. After spending 2+ hours on the phone with customer service, I was sent from customer service to financial service and back to customer service, each person I talked to said their department couldn’t help me. I cannot believe the stress I have been put through and time that I have spent simply by trying to cancel my account.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim we apologize that this was the experience you had with us after wanting to close your account, and that you are no longer a customer of ours. We'd like to investigate this for you, in order to get the issue resolved - just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here. Thank you

Original review: May 29, 2019

CenturyLink gave us a connect date of 5/20. No one showed up so I called. Told us the date had been changed to the 29th! Without calling or notifying us. Now it’s the 29th, No one showed up at the time they promised us. I call and their technician called in sick according to them! I get people being sick but they expect you to be here from 8-5 pm so now 2 days of work missed!!! Now they are saying they will be here tomorrow which it means another day off from work! What kind of customer service are they giving here??? I would not EVER use this service!!! They want their money!! But don’t want to provide a service!!! THIEVES!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Michelle, we could understand how this would be frustrating, and apologize that your service hasn't been installed as initially scheduled. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - just reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: May 29, 2019

Background: Small Company with less than 25 employees. We have been a customer of CenturyLink for over 11 years. I have been working with them for 3 months to obtain better services for our small business. We have 3 voice lines, 2 fax lines, 1 voicemail line, 1 line that is used as a switch for our marketing, and we also have 1 static IP for internet. So we asked for a business bundle with normal services such as caller ID, long distance, and high speed internet through our existing static IP. I have talked to so many people at CenturyLink to fix our account.

At first we didn't have caller id, then we got caller ID and lost our internet for 4 days. Every time we called to complain about not having services, we ask for a refund for the services that we are paying for until it is what we ordered. At least once a month we receive an 8 page "Order Change Confirmation" that gives us credits for things that should have been right 3 months ago, but then new charges for each change... so basically not giving us a refund at all. And by the way this statement is too confusing for most people to comprehend and all you can do is try to compare it to the previous one that wasn't right to begin with. I have created and sent a spreadsheet that consists of all of the interactions and problems that we have had upgrading existing CenturyLink services to their upper management.

They just attempt to placate us with promises of refunds/discounts that we have yet to see. I also asked for a different client manager. They never assigned us a new one. We are still dealing with issues and billing that is not consistent with what was originally agreed to. Recently, I was told that I have to call our client manager because technical support could not help us. So I called her and sent her an email. I received a response via email a few days later indicating that she has been promoted.

I have been waiting for a new client manager to be assigned to us for two weeks. I just received a new "Order Change Confirmation" that is incorrect again and it added new services that is well above the original agreement made over 3 months ago. Oh well, we are looking into other companies that can offer us service as CenturyLink has been a bad joke. Other problems: Countless dropped calls and/or loss of connection; internet problems, one of our lines had no long distance and now they billed us like we ordered a new service instead of correcting their errors.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jennifer, firstly thank you for your patronage, and secondly we apologize that you haven't been having the best experience with our company recently. We'd be happy to remedy this for you, and answer any questions you may have. Just reach out to us here privately for help, and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Never subscribe CenturyLink internet. They make false speed promises. They are sales team told me that they have fiber connection so the internet speed is very much better than any other internet provider. So I ordered internet from CenturyLink. On May 23rd I checked on their website for my address. The speed that they showed on their portal was one gigabyte so I called their customer care. The customer care promised me of 1 gigabyte of internet speed with $55 per month and no additional charges for installation. To my shock when the guy came and he said, "You ordered only 100 megabytes per second for $55." I kept telling him that it was one gigabyte and also showed him to screenshot on my phone. He still did not believe and he said, "The one gigabyte is not available in your area."

Because I will have no internet connection I asked him to proceed. After the installation on his wired device it was only showing 85 megabytes per second speed. So I asked him why I'm not getting hundred megabytes per second which he promised to me. He told me only 85 can be achieved and he cannot do any better so I asked him to write on his notes. When I called the CenturyLink customer care they told me that they cannot do anything because it might be the setup in my area. The customer care is totally hopeless and they don't care about helping the customer. They have pathetic internet speed and no one to should subscribe internet from CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kaushal. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we didn't provide you with the speeds you were promised. I can see if there is anything we can do to get you that 1 gbps. At a minimum, I should be able to help you improve the speeds you are receiving. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 27, 2019

We have had CenturyLink Internet service for several years only because we have no other choices. Our internet goes down EVERY time it rains. Of the 15 to 20 times we have had their service personnel out to get it up and running we’ve had to wait days and it only stays operational until the next rain. Of course that doesn’t include the random shutdowns which happen 4 or 5 times a week. The last few service personnel have told us that a new line needs to be run from terminal downtown but CenturyLink won’t do that because there are only 10 or so customers on this line. If we had any other choice, even tin cans on a string, we’d be better off. Heading into our 2nd day with no service now AGAIN. My employer would let me telework from home one or two days a week except for the fact that our ISP is so undependable. So my review is don’t use them if you have any other option.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Barry. I'm so sorry your internet has been so unstable. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see what's causing the service issues you are experiencing. You just need to send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I was calling different internet providers in my area today to get quotes for my residential home. I called Spectrum first, who gave me a quote for their services. After, I called CenturyLink to see what they had to offer. The girl was bubbly as could be until I told her, based on the price she gave me, that I was going to go with a more affordable provider. As I was about to thank her for her time, she said "Mmmm, that's really up to you" and hung up on me. Grrr!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Erica. I'm so sorry that our agent did that. It's obviously not appropriate behavior. If you send us a message on here, I can collect some information and make sure that this agent is coached appropriately.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We just received internet at our house and we are receiving 0.19 ms. We can not even search the web. It is slower than dial up. We also had to wait 2 months for them to install internet. I work from home and use internet for my job.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Morgan. I'm sorry your internet has been running so slow. I would be happy to take a look at your connection and see what's going on. All you need to do is send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I called Centurylink a little after 4 PM. Spoke to someone whose name was Michael. After he got all my information I was speaking to him and he hung up on me so I called back and spoke to a young lady. She was very polite however I didn’t get her name. We went through the full process of ordering again. I gave her the information needed to pull my credit.

She told me I would have to pay have a $75 deposit to set up installation. I told her I had to speak with my husband and to call me back at 6 PM and I would let her know what my husband said. It is 648 and I have not heard back from her so I called Century link again spoke to another young lady. She took all of my information again and wanted to run my credit again and Wanted to run my credit again and I told her that I should not have to have my credit ran that many times to get installation set up that they should have kept my information from the previous two calls. As of now I am one extremely Potential customer.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Carolyn. I'm sorry that this happened and I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated given the situation. You should have been called back so this could be done properly. If you send us a message on here, I can investigate what happened and help you complete this order.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My husband and I are new to the Orlando area and did some research into our options for internet and T.V. We originally set up an appointment to have internet installed by CenturyLink and we then decided to go with another service provider. My set up appointment was for May 21 and I called on May 20th to cancel my appointment. After about a 20 minute conversation from the CenturyLink employee, I confirmed cancellation and that the set up appointment was also canceled. I got a confirmation number which apparently means nothing. I and my husband were both at work on May 21 and without our permission, CenturyLink hooked up lines and service. I talked with numerous employees about how this could happen and was told service would be disconnected today May 23rd.

It is now almost the end of the work day with no arrival from CenturyLink. I called again, and now they are telling me they don’t remove lines. What? I didn’t even want the lines in the first place, that’s why I canceled. I have since reached out again and have gotten the run around about possibly a tech being able to come at the end of the month. What? I honestly have no words for this company l. They have shown me the worst customer service, zero accountability and zero resolutions. I wish I could work in a field that I don’t have to do my job properly and still get paid.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kerry. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we ran lines without your permission. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see exactly what's going on. Send us a message here and I can help you out.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Beware of CenturyLink billing service charges. On my recent billing statement, the previous months payment was not credited and a $18.00 late payment charge was added. The previous month's invoice was due on May 13, 2019. I mailed the check April 24, 2019. I called the customer service # to advise and was very rudely informed, by Sara, they received the payment after the 13th so there was nothing she could do.

After discussion, I asked to talk with a supervisor. I was more rudely told "I'll let you talk to a supervisor, but they will tell you the same thing". After waiting a long time, Sara advised the supervisor authorized the service charge removed but "it won't happen again". While on hold, I looked at my recently received Bank statement. The other 4 checks written on 4/24/19 all cleared the Bank AND the following 9 checks written through 5/4/19 ALL cleared the Bank. The CenturyLink check was the only check written before 5/4/19 that didn't clear. Most all of these checks were sent by US mail. CenturyLink has an accounts receivable problem and they rudely explained "it's a Post Office problem". Sara should not be a Customer SERVICE Agent. She should be retrained or reassigned.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim, we understand the importance of keeping finances in line and billing accurately, and apologize that you're having issues getting this problem rectified. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any questions you may have about your service or account. Just let us know if you'd like this help by responding here.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Don’t be fooled by the “apologetic” response from CenturyLink to my original post. I provided them with my telephone number so that I could discuss my very poor experience with them, but they did not wish to talk. I provided them with my account information as they requested, and then nothing…crickets! Just validates my assertion that this company has the worst customer service ever. Buyer beware!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Robert. I'm sorry the tech didn't arrive when he was scheduled to and that we didn't get you a more appropriate new install time. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see what we can do to get this installed sooner. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Our church ordered internet and phone service in Dec 2018. Since speed was so slow we needed to try two lines to see if it would work per the rep. We specifically told him we did NOT want a contract because we weren't sure it would work since we stream services. After three weeks of nightmare just trying to GET service on, cancelling orders and putting new ones in (by the CenturyLink Reps) to try to get the service on, we finally got service. It did not work and we had to cancel all but one phone line. We then get a notice saying we owe $900. After several calls and a few snotty representatives we still do not have a resolution. We refuse to pay cancel fees for contracts we SPECIFICALLY said we did not want. I do not know how Centurylink is still in business. They are terrible and have NO CONCERN for their customers.

CenturyLink response

Hello Glenn, we apologize that your service hasn't been meeting your church's needs, and that you haven't been properly assisted with the account. We'd be happy to take a look into this for you - if you would like our help then please reach out to us here privately and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have been trying to return my modem and prism set-top boxes for months. I have been promised boxes with return labels to be sent to my residence on multiple occasions and nothing ever shows up. I was told to go to www.centurylink.com/returns to create my own label after the last customer service agent told me they actually never send boxes. The link doesn't work and just today a supervisor told me you can't generate a label from that link for prism boxes. I just got off the chat with them again and supposedly I'm being sent boxes a 4th time. If they weren't the only provider of services for my condo I would have canceled long ago. Avoid this provider at all costs!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Donna. I can definitely understand why you would be upset but I would be happy to investigate this for you and see why the return kits have been delayed for so long as well as help you use that link to get the label you need for your modem. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I tried to get a 2nd internet line installed about a month ago, received modem shortly after and a letter that said my internet would be activated later that day. Internet was not activated so I called the next day and they couldn't help me over the phone so they set up a technician appointment for 3 days later. He didn't come or maybe he did and did nothing? Called again another appointment was setup for 3 days later. Same thing he didn't come. Called again he said internet will be on in 2 hours. Nothing happened after 2 hours. Called again setup appointment for 10 days later. The guy came. I think he blew a load behind my house and then left internet still not working. Now I'm waiting another 10 days because apparently there is literally nothing that can be done about my situation. Incredible.

CenturyLink response

Hello Micah, we're sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience with CenturyLink, and that your service has yet to be installed. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - just reach out to us here privately to get started.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I help manage a 550 Mobile home community, we're where trying to get a connection put so that cameras could be installed at the compound that houses all boats and trailers. I've been chasing their technician for 3 weeks now with 4 failed attempts to get this hook up done. Each time he calls and never leaves a message but puts the tag on the gate and leaves. I know in dealing with Comcast that they require that the technician leave a voice message not CenturyLink. Their tech calls, hangs up, put a tag and says no one was here. I usually receive over 50 calls a day be it from customers, residence or robocalls so like everyone else I let my calls go to voicemail then call back if it's a call that can't wait, this has been explained to their customer support countless times and still these techs won't or don't follow policy.

Today was the icing on the cake. I made it a point to assign others to handle the day to day operations of the park and have sat in this building for 8 hours waiting for them with no show or a phone call, nothing not even a hang up. This company is horrible and it shows by their 1 1/2% rating that they have. Do yourself a huge favor if you're able to use a different company save yourself the time and money and go with them. CenturyLink is worse than Comcast and I know for a fact that Comcast does leave messages and show up to their appointments. We're fortunate that Comcast does service this area and we're not pushing to move all 550 accounts over to them even at the additional cost of 13.00 more per unit.

CenturyLink response

Hello Manny, we're sorry to hear that this has been the recent experience with us trying to get your services installed for your work. We'd like to investigate this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - just reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2019

After moving to a location out of town I discovered CenturyLink was my only option for internet service. I called and was informed, yes they do service my area. BUT!!! Their service is full. Ok, wait what? Yes although they service my address they wouldn't be able to provide me with internet because they had no available spots. Sooooo then how do I go about getting internet? Well they have a waitlist. Ok so how do I get on that waitlist? Well, you can't - that site is down. So you can't provide me with service and you can't put me on a waitlist. How do I know if a spot becomes available. "You can call back every day until a spot is available."

Seriously, that's my only option, call every day until you say a spot has become available? But there's a wait list, won't those people get priority? Yes. So call every day to see if a spot is available after all the waitlist people are served first but you can't add me to the waitlist? Yes... Unbelievable. What a joke their customer "service" is. If I could have given them 0 stars I would have. CenturyLink is the worst.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry we weren't able to get your services running. If you send us a message on here, I would be more than happy to see if there is anything we can to do get your services working.

Original review: May 18, 2019

DO NOT do business with this company!!! I cancelled my service in September 2017 and they are still trying to charge me for service. They claim the service was put on "hold" then continued to accumulate charges without ever notifying me until more than 18 months later. I called to get the problem resolved and they told me they don't have any record of my cancellation, but can see I have not had service with them since September 2017. I am still attempting to resolve the issue and have filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General.

CenturyLink response

Hello, George. I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated and I'm sorry that you are being charged despite requesting a disconnect of services. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see what's going on if you send us a message on here.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I try to utilize their vacation hold as I have two accounts with them. One for 6 months and another one in a different location for 6 months. I will no longer be using their vacation hold. The benefit is supposed to be that you call and get if turned on over the phone without a service tech coming to house. I pay $10.00 month for vacation hold. It doesn't work. For several years, every time I get it turned on, they have to send someone out to figure out what is wrong because it doesn't just turn on. Then once I get to the location and find out it isn't working, they have to send someone out and it's usually a week out....which means no internet for a week.

In the future, I will cancel service, call 2 weeks ahead of time when I want it back and schedule a tech to come out so that I actually have internet within a day of arriving to my location. The cost is about the same for me (paying 6 mo vacay hold or paying service charge). So I'm cancelling service from now on. Not doing vacation hold. I own my own modem so I don't need to do anything for their equipment. Also, you can do none of this (cancelling, etc) on a weekend. They only have customer service hours Mon-Fri. Not very service oriented. Suggest you all cancel and not vacay hold for extended service holds. Less hassle.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Chip. I'm sorry to hear that we have been unable to activate your services from vacation hold in the past. We would hate to lose you as a customer. If you send us a message on here, I would be happy to help you in anyway I can.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2019

The internet constantly goes in & out with no reason. We have had issues for years and the technicians (who are great) will come out and fix it for a time. It usually acts up within a month or so. The call center always wants to run this or that to which 9 times out of 10 is not going to fix the problem. The company needs to listen to its techs when it comes to how to solve some of the issues consumers are having. We have the highest speed internet we can get, which means it costs more. It is just too bad that the internet won't stay on for a consistent amount of time.

We are having the issue again and decided we would wait it out a few days to see if the problem corrected itself. It is not fixed and when we tried to contact the call center which the girl was very nice, she said that the system was down and that we would have to call back in an hour or so when their system is back up. At my workplace, if our system is down we don't tell the customer to call us we call them back once it's up. So we can not get a work order started to be able to fix our almost monthly internet issue. I will hope that eventually in the future it will get better. The insane part about our internet issues is that our neighbor who has exact same internet has no issues.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I can definitely understand why you would be upset with the chronic issues you have been experiencing. I would be more than happy to help you get this matter escalated so we can assist you in getting this permanently resolved. All you need to do is send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I upgraded my speed from 7 to 10 mbps and modem no longer functioned. Called help line and after an hour on phone they said they would send me a new one. It was dead on arrival. Would not even power up. Called again and they sent another one. This one would not connect to the internet even after 1 1/2 hours of talking to a tech. Also none of the ethernet ports lit up when a cable was plugged into them. They assured me this was normal - I know better. They said they would hand it off to the engineers and they would resolve the issue. Got a text on my phone telling me the issue should be resolved now. Now I not only can't connect to the internet, I also can't get into the modem setup pages. I will be calling again in the morning. This has been going on for a week now.

CenturyLink response

Hello, John. I'm so sorry we haven't been able to get this resolved for you as of yet. This is definitely unacceptable and we should be providing modems to you that work properly. If you send us a message on here, I would be more than happy to assist you in getting this resolved.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have had their service for about 4 years. I never get a bill until my service is in disconnect. They then charge you 2 months to turn back on and you have restore fees. The idiot that signed me up used his own phone number as my act number instead of mine so getting to their website has been misery and they won't change it. If you pay with a debit card there is an extra charge. They are expensive for what you get. As soon as I move, I'm changing services. $111.00 if you are late $200 for an advanced month for internet. No tv etc just internet. Insane.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Jessie. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry you haven't been getting your bills. I'm also sorry that the correct account number isn't associated with your account. I can help you get this resolved along with any other CenturyLink issues you are having if you send us a message on here.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I was with CenturyLink for approx. 13 years. Last year I really got a bit fed up with their internet performance. Actually, over time with them I'd begin to experience some profound buffering and latency periods with their internet. Now, I need to make it clear that I am not calling out a specific technician. The first visit we had last year was actually a bit bizarre. That guy claimed that it was our responsibility to locate where the line coming in from the Nad entered the home. I am interjecting the fact that I have been paying CenturyLink every month for "line guard", later converted to be included in the "At Ease" service, for a total of, again,13 years. I am 66 and was unsuccessful in my efforts to locate a entry point for the line.

The next technician did spend about three hours here changing things on the outside line. But, he even he said it was not 100%. His intentions were to follow up with "Engineering" and discuss the problem here. Well, the ball got dropped. I became ill in 2019 and required two surgeries. I never heard back from the second technician. Recently I felt better and was ready to pick up my still ongoing CenturyLink situation. But, on the same day technician three was scheduled to arrive (5/9/19) I actually called Comcast-Xfinity and just had their "blast" 150 MBS installed. I was only getting 8MBS (all I could get here) from CenturyLink and I felt that even if by some miracle CenturyLink would fix the line instability issue it really was not worth it anyway. I will retain my land line with CenturyLink but will be cancelling the internet come Monday (5/13/19). I live in Hampton, TN.

It is important to express that despite maintaining inside line coverage on my account for eons (13 years) as well as having an expectation that CenturyLink would automatically cover any "outside" line issues I was unable to get my ongoing and long standing problem with "line instability” and unreliable internet ever repaired. The company was not going to reline any portion of the lines servicing us. We were literally left to feel that we somehow had to initiate any repair here ourselves. It was all clearly "bizarre". I am also sending a copy of this to Centurylink escalations.

Addendum: They never made it clear just where on the lines this "instability" was. The first technician said it was inside, the second technician said it was at the NAD and on the outside lines he went to work on. He was out there a long time but everything he tried did not rectify the problem. We never did get the problem taken care of. We kept being told on phone calls to CenturyLink by agents who tested our service that the trouble was "line instability".

CenturyLink response

Hello, Karen. I'm sorry that we weren't able to get your internet issues resolved in a more timely manner and we lost you as an internet customer. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see what happened with that repair if you send us a message on here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been with CenturyLink for about 5 years now at 3 different locations and it never works right. It goes down at least once a month and when it is working it is slow. Can’t watch movies without the buffering every few minutes. I have called so many times and I just get excuses each time with a promise it will get better but it never does. What is wrong with this company? I am looking for another company but it hard to find.

CenturyLink response

Hello Betty, we're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service, and that you haven't received the help in the past to get the issue resolved. If you'd like help with this, please reach out to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am very unhappy that I had someone enter my gate to my backyard when I had already cancelled my connection and had a cancellation confirmation number. He did not knock at my front door and I was not dressed for visitors. I will be putting a lock on my gate today.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that our tech arrived despite you cancelling your connection. I would be happy to investigate this to see what happened and send coaching. Send us a message on here and I'll get started.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Accepted a DirecTV offer but when installed did not receive the free channels offered. Cannot reach someone at CL to work out a solution. Communication from CenturyLink to DirecTV is not what I was offered and ordered. Loyalty dept said I was due the offer but only gave three months, not the 12 months offered of free premium channels.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Delores. I'm sorry you didn't receive what you were offered. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see exactly what we can do for you. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have been with CenturyLink for approximately six months. At first, the internet service was fairly reliable. Over the past few months, my internet loses signal at least 3-4 times per day. This is a major nuisance because I do some of my work remotely from home. To their credit, CenturyLink did decrease my bill for last month. But, the problem persists and I am completely dissatisfied. I had better internet service using dial up in 1998.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Laura. I'm so sorry that you have been experiencing so many drops in your service. It sounds profoundly frustrating. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see what's going on. Send us a private message and I can get started.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The service is horrible, customer service is horrible. I called in annually to cancel, and you reduced my bill by half. Even cutting my bill in half for a year every year for 3 years, is still not worth it for the services that are provided. I found new service, and I just called to cancel today. I will now be happy and bring my modem to the trash can where it belongs.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Scott. I'm sorry to hear that we lost you as a customer. We should have been working with you to improve the service you are receiving. I would recommend checking to make sure you aren't leasing that modem if you are planning on tossing it out. If you would like me to look into that for you or if you change your mind about disconnecting, please send us a message on here and I can help you out.

CenturyLink Company Information