1.16/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

formerly Qwest

4506 CenturyLink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 7, 2019

Where do I start? Internet speeds are **. Half the time I do not get the crap speed I pay for. The other half I get buffer buffer buffer and more of the same. It is 3 am and yet I have less than dial up speed. You stuck and if I had any other choice I would drop you in a heart beat. Get your act together. It's 2019 for duck's sake!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Charles. I'm sorry to hear that your internet speeds leave something to be desired. I would be happy to help you with the speed issues you are having and with any other CenturyLink issues you are experiencing. Send us a message on here and I will help you there.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 5, 2019

Rep in October 2017 signed me up for price for life internet and phone bundle at $85/mo with Direct TV. Statement turned out to be almost twice as much as quoted, plus she didn't initiate phone service and I was without my landline for 6 days. Promotional Visa gift card took until April to receive after being promised for Christmas, my making several calls, and being transferred to other company for resolution. Internet out 12 times in first month then so intermittent I stopped counting. Customer service, especially chat don't know how to answer questions and one chat can take over 2 hours while they transfer you 4-5 times. Then there were the times the internet dropped and I had to start all over.

In early January 2019 people were texting me saying they couldn't reach me by landline, phone rang and rang, or was immediately cut off, one person heard voices on my line. Tried to resolve that and then my dial tone went so I couldn't receive or make calls. Used all my cell phone minutes trying to deal and requested another ISP. When I cancelled CL on January 18 I told them new provider installing on the 19th. I was not informed that to keep my old phone number I should disconnect after the 19th so my phone number could be ported over. Had to re-open a new account for porting over the number and was not told that would cost $60. Account open for 6 days and after much frustration for the new ISP and myself, I got my old phone number back. For 6 days got a bill for $109.84, due 2-27.

On 2-25 I used their automated phone system to pay the balance, which had changed to $86.72 due to refund. I paid that amount but the amount failed to show up in my checking account. Today I spent the entire afternoon trying to straighten out this final bill mess. CL reps told me an incorrect account number had been entered and my credit union rejected my payment. Credit union said not so, CL needs to re-post. CL claimed they can't re-post but could take my payment by phone for $3.50 charge. Why should I have to pay a charge when I'm correcting Century Link's error??? I paid the $86.72 - again with the additional $3.50 and learned my current bill was now $116.84, which appears to be a $7.00 late charge tacked on to their initial bill of $109.84.

Now I learned there is a $30 fee for the returned payment. Funny how I have paid almost all of my bills for many years using my checking account number and routing number without the slightest problem - until I used Century Link's automated system. The most incompetent business I have EVER had the misfortune of encountering, and bordering on scamming customers for every nickel they can figure out a way to collect - in addition to paying for service that was either non-existent (phone) or so intermittent as to be non-working (internet).

They have tried to repair, and have checked lines - my home is fine, it's in their own systems. Exactly the same thing that happened when I had Quest - bad service that slowly deteriorated to practically non-existent, techs checked lines, my home okay, their problem. Had I known Century link was just Quest 2.0 (only worse!) I never would have come near the company. I'll be heading to the state AG's office with this.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Marilyn. That sounds like a profoundly frustrating experience and I'm sorry you had to go through that. We definitely should have been more clear about the gift card and the billing as well as help you get the services repaired in a timely manner. If there is anything I can do to help you, send us a message on here and I will help you out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 4, 2019

On or about Feb 6th, I ordered internet service by phone with CenturyLink. An appointment time was given for them to show up and set up the equipment needed for service. But that day came and went. The technician no call/no showed. I called in and got a new connection date. Same thing happened again. No Call/No Show! Someone else had ordered service at this address previously, so they could not connect service until the first order was canceled. That issue was sorted out and then there was a hold placed on the account because they claimed they had defective equipment. For a month, I was stood up by the technician and on the 22nd of Feb I canceled the order. No one ever showed up here to hook up internet. But they did charge me a 75 dollar deposit.

Today is March 4th, and so far I have received 10 letters explaining my charges. I would have to pay to them for internet service. None of the explanations had the same dollar amounts. All 10 are different amounts. I called them on the phone and told each of the 10 people I was transferred to, my name, the account number, the last 4 of my social security number, and the fact that they are billing me for service I never received, and that I canceled the order on the 22nd of Feb. The 10th lady was very rude and told me that since I never called in (which I did repeatedly) the deposit of 75 dollars would be refunded by mail in 45 days. I then proceeded to be fairly nasty on the phone using language I was not proud of.

This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a company. They take your deposit, never give you service, but bill you for it, tell you that you owe them money, even though you have never even had service with them. I have all of the phone conversations with customer service recorded. If there is a lawyer reading these, I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit against them. I am a disabled vet on a fixed income and 75 dollars is a lot of money for me to just do without for 3 months because I wanted internet service with this joke of a company.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Billy. I'm sorry we weren't able to provide you with service in a more timely manner and you had to cancel the order. I would be upset too if I was still billed despite the cancellation. I would be happy to investigate this bill and see if there is anything we can do to speed up that deposit getting back to you. Send us a message on here and I'll help you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 3, 2019

So this is the most frustrating company in the history of ISP. I had CenturyLink in the previous home we lived in. It worked about 25% of the time. I had a router I rented from them. It stopped working so I contacted them. They said they’d send me a new one and I’d just have to send the broken one back. So I got the new one and sent back the broken one back. I got a tracking number with the sent broken one. The tracking number stated that CenturyLink received it. I then a month later get charged $100 for them not getting their router/modem.

I contacted them several times and got really no resolution other than, “So sorry sir you’ll just have to pay!” So I didn’t pay it and they sent it to collections. Now the new house I have has service through them but it’s not in my name. And the service I have now is SO SLOW. I live in a very rural area and I understand that but we pay for 4 MBPS. We on average get 50 or below KBPS not MBPS. It’s a joke. I’m not writing this in hopes that CenturyLink will respond and ask me to contact them. I’m doing this to warn you as a consumer RUN RUN RUN FAR AWAY FROM THESE CHARLATANS. They are a joke and they only care about themselves.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Matthew. I can understand why you would be upset. From the sound of it, you should not have been charged for that modem. If you send us a message on here, I can help you resolve that modem fee as well as assist you with the speed issues you have been experiencing. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Definitely not a company to have anything to do with. I only signed up for internet because they are the only provider where I lived. Knowing their reputation, I made sure I got the terms very clearly in writing before I agreed to the installation. Nonetheless, the first bill overcharged by $99 for the installation and $10 per month. When I contacted them and confronted them with the terms, their representative simple refused to honor it. Additionally, they attempted to collect by sending the bill four times (although two of them they called “account statements”) within nine days of the installation. Obviously, this was not a mistake, and they were attempting to use intimidation.

I do have to disagree with the person who said after they get your money they no longer care about you are a customer. They do not consider you a customer from the start, merely a mark. But they will not be getting any money from me until they honor the clearly stated terms of our written contract. Nor will I waste any more time with their customer service.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I'm sorry that there were errors on the bill when you received it. I would be happy to go over it with you and help you find a resolution. All you need to do is send us a message here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: March 2, 2019

We signed a contract for CenturyLink phone and the level of incompetence is mind boggling. Techs have repeatedly missed the install dates, and I have spent hours and hours on my cell phone trying to find out what is happening. Basically, CenturyLink will just steal your money and not provide any services they are contracted for. You are better off giving your credit card number to one of those Nigerian prince e-mail scams.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Chris. I'm so very sorry to hear that our techs haven't been able to make it out to install your services. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see exactly what's causing these delays. All you need to do is send us a message on here and I'll help you out.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Terrible billing. I had to contact the state attorney gen office. They were using every underhanded tactic to charge late fees. This morning my landline is dead. Customer service transferred me FIVE times before a service ticket could be filed. WHAT?!! Internet speed is slow and lagging (no matter what package you choose). I have had some health issues and should have left this company long ago. They need to clean house in billing & customer service & start over with intense training. I wouldn't recommend this terrible so-called company to anyone.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Linda. I can understand why you would be upset considering your experience with CenturyLink so far. I can assist you with your billing as well as your phone and internet issues. To do so, you just need to send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I've been attempting to cancel my CenturyLink services for a month now, it has been a nightmare. I originally bundled Phone, Internet, Dish Billing. I was able to cancel the phone and horrific DSL, but they are still trying to bill me for Dish, which I specifically cancelled a month ago. And since I don't have an account with them anymore I can't go online and turn off my Autopay option, so they just keep billing me out of my checking account. What an incompetent operation.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Samson. I can understand why you would be upset considering the situation. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you further and help you find a resolution. Send us a message on here and I'll assist you there.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Nothing but problems. Slow, randomly shuts down, red flashing light. Just trash. I will be switching on payday. I mean seriously they're a huge internet company. You would think they would have a quality product. But they dont!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Edward. I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble with your internet services. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you and see what we can do to improve your services. Send us a message on here and I'll help you out.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Expect marginal customer service from Century Link. Their telephone representatives are poorly trained, incompetent and rude. Whether their employees can solve consumer problems depends on the representative you are connected with and their demeanor and attitude for the moment. Century Link no longer allows the option to email a complaint about unsatisfactory employee performance. Also with their new price for life, they will now pad the bill with every extra expense they can come up with to scan an unknowing consumer. You must carefully examine your bill every month to avoid being ripped off.

CenturyLink response

Hello Cory - we apologize that the experiences you've had with CenturyLink thus far has made you feel this way about our company. We'd be glad to help you should any issues arise, or you have questions about your billing. Just reach out to us here privately for assistance, and we'll take it from there.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We switched to Centurylink from Cox cable because they came into our neighborhood with fiberoptic lines, perfect upgraded speeds for gaming. After 4 months we have cancelled and gone back to Cox, even with their less than wonderful customer service... At least they delivered as promised. We had issues with the modem / router after one month of service, error messages "check quality of internet connection" or "no connection available". Did the online testing for speed and connectivity as well as multiple calls to their CS dept. You'd be better off banging your head against the wall. Even though we rent the crappy equipment through them, with no other option to buy our own, they don't maintain it. Period.

Finally I called to cancel our service and was greeted with "Oh... let me transfer you to customer retention." Then the customer service rep proceeded to ask a question, then talk over me halfway through my explanation. We determined through trial and error that the power cord was loose so every time sometime bumped or moved it disconnected the modem. Their solution.... don't move the modem while gaming. Are you ** kidding me? So every time a large truck drives by... it disconnects your cheap equipment and that is your answer? Then he proceeded to tell me how they were going to upgrade our service to solve the problem... with faster speeds. It's not going to do anything because our equipment is faulty. Period. The WORST customer service I've ever seen, everything is self service and what you can't fix they will explain away like you are some kind of simpleton. Never. Ever. Again.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Katy. I can definitely understand why you would be upset considering your experience. That wasn't an acceptable response from our customer service team and we could have done much more for you. I'm sorry that we lost you as a customer due to that poor response. If there is anything we can do or if you have any questions, please message us on here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The CenturyLink customer service staff are literally the worst, and there are multiple hidden fees you have to pay to be able to pay your bill. I have been a customer for 8 months now, and sometimes my billing profile will just disappear. Thus making it impossible to pay online on time, thus generating a fee. So if you try to make a payment on the phone, they charge you $8. Also if you use your debit or credit card online, they charge you $3. They say you can link a checking account through your account online, but there's a fee.

Even though you can't actually get onto your account because they never set it up for you. If you wanted to avoid a fee, you could go to one of their retail locations, which I did yesterday, only to find out that all retail locations had closed down on the 31rst of January. However, after being belittled on the phone by the customer service representative, I finally got her to admit that I could pay the bill at some grocery stores FOR A FEE.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Jason. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry that we dropped the ball here. I would be happy to discuss this and help you find a resolution if you send us a message here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: I have been a customer for many years with CenturyLink and I can't stand their service but there are no other providers in my area. I really wish Spectrum would hurry up and come through. They are forcing me to keep my home phone service saying I have to pay a DEPOSIT to have it TURNED OFF. This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. A rep reached out to me here and did NOTHING but lead me on and offered NO HELP whatsoever. Beware, look another company. The service is terrible and WAY OVERPRICED!!!

Original Review: I called to have my home phone cut off since we use our cells and never use it. I was told I had to pay a $60 deposit to have the phone cut off, I called the next day & was told it is now $110. I wish another provider was in our area, CenturyLink is terrible and rips people off.

CenturyLink response

Hello Tammy - we could understand how this news would be frustrating, and we would like to offer our help to resolve the issue of a deposit, and answer any other questions you may have. Please just let us know in a private message if you'd like our help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We had this service for 2 years, it was a mistake. The price seemed agreeable when started but the service itself has always been slow due to old lines in our area. The promotional price made it a reasonable $44 or so a month, that ran out without our knowledge and then doubled to $88.99. They then began charging us after we cancelled this service and spent two months and a couple hundred to try to catch up. It has been closed for a month now and according to the billing agent we talked to at the time was paid completely.

We now are getting another bill over a late fee we were told we paid from December. This company has gone out of their way to charge me for anything they can get away with. $90 for 26mbps is what we were charged for in the end, and I cannot abide that. In addition, I was sent junkmail three times a week, upwards for 5 different envelopes, trying to get me to sign up for more services of theirs. This company is thus far the most problematic ISP I have ever dealt with.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Garrick. I'm so sorry you've had to experience. I would be upset too if any of my bills increased without my knowledge and if I kept being billed after I thought everything was closed out. If you send us a message here, I can investigate this further and see exactly what's going on for you.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

CenturyLink customer service does everything possible to irritate their customers. My internet was disconnected by mistake. I thought it was a technical issue and spoke to tech service; 20 minutes of trying everything before I got disconnected. Called again and next tech stated they were updating system and he couldn't help me; requested I call on Saturday. Saturday I got stuck in a phone tree loop and gave up after 20 minutes. Chat told me that I was a "seasonal customer"… that's code for you haven't paid your bill, although I had. They couldn't take care of anything and told me I had to wait until Monday. Monday I called number that was provided to me; explained that they had thought I owed money and I needed to speak to someone about it; she transferred me to technical support. Technical support verified the "seasonal" issue and agreed I needed to talk to someone in financial, therefore transferring me.

After about 2 hours of my time navigating phone trees, talking to customer service via chat and phone, I got to someone in financial who looked up my account and verified that I indeed did make a payment as I had claimed. No apology. Told me she would get my services back on right away. The best part is that everyone I spoke or communicated with said the same things: "I understand your situation" and "Is there anything else I can do for you." To the first, they don't get the gravity of what it takes just to get ahold of someone who knows what the issue is and has the power to take care of it, and second, yah! provide customer service!!! I am now in the process of getting another provider and will never recommend or go back to CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Brenda. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. That is an unacceptable customer service experience and no one should have to go through that. We should have gotten you to the right agent immediately without all this extra hassle. I would be happy to help you in anyway I can if you send us a message on here.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Updated on 03/02/2019: I wrote a review of my awful experience with CenturyLink earlier in the week. I got a fairly quick response from CenturyLink saying they would help me. They asked me to fill out some information in a link they sent me and on my review it showed they responded quickly. The next day I get another response with a link saying they needed more information but when I click on the link it says it is expired. I have sent them more responses over the past couple days to help me but they do not respond. I think they sent the initial response on my review so it would show up on my review that they are responsive. This company has horrible customer service and is a huge waste of my time!

Original Review: I moved to Idaho and started internet service with CenturyLink in January 2018. They said I would have to pay a $75 deposit even though I was a customer of theirs in Colorado for years and was always current paying my bill. They said the deposit would be refunded in a year if my account is paid on time but I have not received it. It is now past a year and I spent several hours over a couple days trying find out what is going on with it. The last call I made I was transferred to 9 different people before I was told to call a number, the number I had originally dialed. I was transferred between customer service, billing, finance, and loyalty departments but no one could tell me what was going on with my deposit even though I gave them the transaction number for it.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Jay. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. You shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get this resolved. If you send us a message through here, I can help you get that deposit taken care of. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My internet modem stopped working. Called Centurylink, it took almost 1 1/2 hours trying to get to the right department. The calls are routed to some place other than the United States, had to have the persons keep repeating what they were telling me. Finally got thru to a person I could understand. They sent me a refurbished modem. I switched out the modems, the broken one I put in the return box, took to a UPS stored, got a receipt. 1 month later I got a letter saying I did not send back the broken modem. I called the number on the letter, call was routed to some place out of the USA. After being transferred to 4 different departments I got a person that I could understand. And then it took almost 45 minutes for the person to confirm that they did indeed receive the broken modem. IT IS REALLY MADDENING!!!! THAT THIS HAS TO HAPPEN. So my final words are CENTURYLINK CUSTOMER SERVICE, SUCKS!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Anthony. That is not the customer service experience we want for any of our customers. You should not have been transferred so much just to resolve something so small. I would be happy to do some additional investigation and make sure you aren't charged for the modem if you send us a message on here.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I ordered CenturyLink internet service online and it was to be installed 3 days later on January 12. We canceled our current service to coincide with the scheduled I install. On January 12 I took the day off to be home for the technician. After waiting 1 hour past the installation time I called CenturyLink. I was put on hold numerous times and ended up being on the phone for 3 hours to be told something was wrong or not ready for 2 weeks. Two weeks passes and I call CenturyLink. They schedule an install for a couple days later.

I again take the day off. Once again CenturyLink is a no show - no call. I call again. 3 more hours of transfers and different people to be told the service is still on hold. I am given a date of a couple weeks. Again I call a couple days after the given date. They schedule an install. Once again I take the day off. Once again no call - no show. 3 more hours, multiple people, 45 minutes for a supervisor, basically a runaround. I was told the same thing again. It should be ready in 2-3 weeks. So I have lost 3 days of work and had to pay a reinstall fee and outrageous service charges to get our old service reinstalled. This has been one of the worst customer service experiences of my life. Scratch that...the worst experience. What a true disappointment.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Angelo. That sounds incredibly frustrated and I'm sorry that this keeps happening. If you send us a private message, I can investigate this further and see what's causing the delay in service activation. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have contacted these clowns over and over about my account. Regarding payments etc and every single time I either get someone who is not in that dept or can't help me. I get transferred at least 6 times and it takes a good 1.5 to 2 hours every single time I call. This is bull. The worst customer service I have ever encountered!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Jessica. I'm sorry that you keep being transferred multiple times without a resolution. That is not an acceptable customer service experience and I'm sorry that we have failed you in this way. If you send us a message on here, I can help you find a solution. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

After believing their ridiculous TV ads, I admit I believed it. My Internet service started at $34.95/mo contract. A year later, $39.95. I called and they said Colorado taxes on Internet service had increased. I cancelled my service in October 2018 when I moved to Florida and deleted my auto pay. On February 18 I received an email saying I owed them $150.00 and change for November through January 30th. I called again. Guess what? Mysteriously, I somehow became under contract. And, the contract was through January 30th, 2019. They refused to listen to my words, insisting I did indeed have a contract. I disagreed and also asked how my "Price for Life" guarantee went from $34.95 to $50. Their response was "You were under contract and you had no price guarantee." I disputed this, to no avail.

I then requested they check my Internet usage in Denver and they will find there has been no data usage on my account since October 27th, 2018. Their response was that that is irrelevant because there was no permanent disconnect ordered. So, I told them to disconnect as I am moving out of state permanently. They didn't do it. Then they decided to raise my lifetime rate (again), and add on a contract that was fulfilled at the end of the previous month. Are you kidding me?

When I told them I had no intention of paying for a cancelled service in a vacant house, with no data used...then came the threats. Credit rating impacted, and other consequences. Is this real? Can they actually get away with this? Apparently so. And I thought the cable company was evil. No wonder people go berserk. It's stuff like this. I would starve to death before I would take a job with CenturyLink. Plus, knowing this is the way they treat their customers, along with totally false advertising, I wouldn't ever be able to go to sleep at night, ever!! !

CenturyLink response

Hello John, we could understand how this experience with us would be frustrating; it's not the type of image we want to leave our customers with, and we would be glad to look into your billing further to see if we can get this resolved. Please just reach out to us here privately, and we'll be glad to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been a CenturyLink customer for 9 years. Almost 2 years ago I started having issues with my internet speed. The only internet available in my area is a download speed of 1.5 Mbps, which I received for 7 years. My download speed for the last 2 years has consistently been 0.3 Mbps. I have tried every avenue within the company to get this issue resolved, to no avail. Several repairmen have explained to me why this is occurring and that the company isn't going to spend the money necessary to fix my issue. I would switch carriers but CenturyLink is all that is available because I live in a rural area. I feel that is why the issue isn't even being considered because there is no competition here. I was even informed by customer service that the area supervisor said I should stop calling in my complaints. How's that for customer experience.

CenturyLink response

Hello Carolyn, we apologize for the negative experience that you've not only had with out customer service, but your internet as well. We'd be glad to investigate this further, to see if there's anything we can do to get you the speeds you're paying for, and answer any other account questions you may have. Just let us know if you'd like our assistance by responding here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I cancelled my service with CenturyLink back in Sept of 2017 due to moving out of the service area and wanting to bundle my services with another company. The representative failed to cancel my service on time and I continued getting billed at an address I no longer lived. Every 3-4 months I have to call into CenturyLink. I get transferred at least 6 times and it takes an 1.5 to 2 hours every single time I call to get this resolved. Then 3-4 months later it's back to the same thing. CenturyLink keeps sending me bills for services that I did not have and now they are claiming I owe $153 for services that i cancelled two years ago. This is the most ridiculous customer service I have ever had to deal with. Why can't this company provide better service?

CenturyLink response

Hello Tiffany - we could understand how this could be frustrating, and apologize that you have yet to receive the help necessary to get this billing issue resolved. We'd be glad to look further into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have. Just let us know if you'd like our help, by responding to us here and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I am currently in the process of waiting for a technician to come troubleshoot my internet service, earliest time is 48 hours from now. It is hard to imagine a worse support service design than CenturyLink's. If you MUST call them, be warned that it will take no less than 40 minutes, you will be transferred multiple times and ask to repeat and verify all of your account information every time and that in all likelihood the support agent will not be able to tell you anything you have already figured out yourself.

If I was not limited by my apartment complex, there is no chance that I would continue to do business with CenturyLink. The fact that they have not done a complete customer service overhaul should be humiliating to everyone in the management or service design of this organization. They clearly have a very low opinion of their customers.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Ryan. Considering the experience you had, I can understand why you would be frustrated. There is no reason you had to be transferred so much to get this resolved. I would be happy to monitor this ticket to make sure it completes properly and assist you with any other CenturyLink issues you are experiencing.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I started with CenturyLink April 2017. Every month I receive a late charge even though I pay on time. I was told it had to do with Prism billing so in November I canceled my Prism service. I was first informed that I would need to pay for an early cancellation of Prism, I spoke with the supervisor who stated the early cancellation fee was waived since so many customers have had problems with Prism.

Every month since then, I continue to have an additional charge without explanation on the bill. It turns out even though I stopped Prism, I continue to have bills from them after I get an "adjustment" for the overbilling the month before. I also am billed another "balance from the previous bill" even though I have an "adjustment" on the bill to correct for the overcharge. My present bill claims I owe $178 (including a $10 late fee) even though I was told I should have a negative balance. I was told by billing that I should have a $32.63 balance for next month.

My guess is I will have another bill that I did not pay on time and that the overcharge will be on again for next month. I spend between 1/2 hour to an hour every billing cycle trying to resolve the billing which always seems to come back the next month. What is wrong with the billing department???? No wonder there is a class action lawsuit against CenturyLink for overbilling customers. I have sent my billing examples into the lawyer involved with the class action lawsuit for an example of continuous overbilling.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Alan. I think anyone would be upset given the situation you find yourself in and I'm so sorry that you've had to experience this. I assure you that we can get this resolved permanently if you send us a message on here. Once you have done that, I can get to the bottom of this problem.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

After wasting too many hours and getting transferred to different individuals I still had to pay the $225.00 I was wrongfully charged. I disconnected my service in August of 2018 and because the representative I spoke with at the time didn’t actually cancel my account they continued charging my account. I finally received a letter stating they were going to send me to collections. To avoid a ding on my credit I paid the bill but I am going contact the Attorney General's office in hopes they can help me. It’s not fair. They are the only phone service around and they rip people off.

One representative hung up on me after being on the phone for 50 minutes. Another told me just because I dispute the charges and speak to supervisor won’t get the charges removed insinuating I was lying. Absolutely unacceptable. If you have a choice to choose a different company then I advise that you do. I was reading these reviews and I noticed a rep only comments to the current customers and does nothing about those who are out of money.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Renae. I can understand why you would be upset. There is no reason we shouldn't have been able to take care of those charges for you and you shouldn't have been transferred around. I can investigate this for you and see what I can do to get this resolved if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ordered a service upgrade recently. Rep said that there was a note tech would show up after 3, tech was early. Then they said they would be there before 7:30, no one showed up. Now I’m being charged for a modem that I wasn’t told was needed. I called in to verify that my current modem would work which they did, but the rep I spoke to today said it was my responsibility to know if my modem worked or not, not them. The situation would have been different if I knew that my modem wasn’t guaranteed to work and if the tech wasn’t guaranteed to show up at the time that was requested.

Customer service was terrible and they sent me to the collections department, how is that supposed to help? I understand that sometimes things change. However as a consumer I think it’s valid to have the expectation that they would provide reliable and timely service, however this was not the case. If I had better options for service I would go to another company, however living in a rural location severely limits my options.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Andres. That is definitely not an acceptable customer service experience and I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would be happy to investigate this further to resolve the modem issue as well as any other CenturyLink issues you are experiencing. Send us a message here and I will help you out.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Called about getting my deposit back. Was transferred from department to department. Finally someone, in financial, said they would mail in 3 to 4 wks, by March 18, 2019... I'M WATCHING THIS ONE CLOSE as no one seemed to really know anything about my deposit.

CenturyLink response

Hello, James. It should not have taken so many transfers to get that information. I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. If it doesn't arrive by March 18th, please send us a message here and we can escalate this for you. You can also send us a message if you just would like an update.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

In early January, I mistakenly overpaid my monthly bill by $410.00 (I entered an extra digit when entering the amount in my bank's bill paying system). I have called 6 times since then and only get the runaround. This company only knows how to take your money, not refund your money. All the reps lie to me and say I'll have the refund in a few days, but nothing happens. It is shameful this company cannot process a refund in a timely manner.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Richard. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. I think anyone would be if it was taking so long to get a refund sorted out. I would be happy to investigate this for you and see what we can do to get this refund processed. Send us a message here and I will assist you further.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Phone has been out for a week and internet, too! Scheduled a repair: no one showed up! Re-scheduled the same repair only to find out that “they” cancelled the repair. What kind of knuckleheads are running this business? In our area it’s either this crappy service or another crappy service.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Yvonne. I would be upset too if my tech dispatch was rescheduled without notification then cancelled. I'm sorry you have had to experience this. If you send us a message here, I can investigate exactly what's going on and help you get this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I signed up CenturyLink on July 2018. At time they told me I will get $100 reward (SimplePay Visa Prepaid Card Promotion). I have followed up 4 times in total, never received the reward. Last I talked was a supervisor. They are telling me the reward is not from CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Zac. I'm sorry it has taken us so long to get that card out to you. I would be pretty upset too if I had to wait for as long as you have. If you send us a message on here, I would be happy to investigate this situation for you and see exactly what's going on. I look forward to working with you!

CenturyLink Company Information