3.09/5
Based on 2,967 ratings submitted in the last year

formerly Qwest

4745 CenturyLink Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have never felt so dismissed, unappreciated, lied to, disregarded, promised supervisor call backs that don't happen, OMG!!! Transferred so many times incorrectly, disrespected, it is truly a miracle they are still in business. I have had multiple accounts due to their unexplainable billing. I had Prism Tv and Internet only for probably 3 years. They turned me into a collection agency, when I asked why they said they would look into it. I called the collection agency the next day and found out that the information (name and address, although I never use my middle initial) matched, but the social security number didn't match and I was told to disregard the notice and they would close the matter. Unbelievable!!

Last winter I asked to have a landline installed in October then asked for it to be disconnected in November. I called a couple of times in February to have it reactivated only to be told I would have to pay more since the 'Price for Life' promotion I was on was no longer available and I would have to open a separate account. I called again and got ahold of an honest representative that told me the account was still active. I'm being told so many different stories I feel like a yo-yo. I've been told there's a check coming to me for $384 and change, but I still owe $814. What kind of immoral people work there? I could never have worked for such a company let alone sleep at night knowing what they were doing.

CenturyLink response

Hello, David. I would be incredibly confused as well if I was in your position. We should be giving you accurate information immediately rather than giving you the run around. If you send us a message on here, I can help you get this resolved. I look forward to working with you

Original review: June 19, 2019

A comedy of errors at this point. Signed up, modem was sent, but never received. I called to find out why. They directed me to UPS. I called UPS, who were helpful and had a laugh with me when we realized via the tracking number that CenturyLink sent the modem to their own address in Denver, CO. I called Centurylink and told them this, they sent another, it arrived, no big deal. Self activation didn’t work, hours on with tech support, and they had to send a guy out a week later. It worked for a while.

Cut to now, only 2 months later, and my service has been shut off for non-payment, even though I paid on time via auto-pay. My next payment isn’t due for days. Tech support cannot fix the issue as I can’t verify the address on my account, even though I gave them my service address (I’ve lived here for 7 years), my parents’ address, and basically every address I could think of that could have possibly been mistakenly looped into my account. No go. The kicker, though, is that because I can’t verify the address the account, they won’t let me CHANGE the address to the correct one. Even though I can verify every other bit of information on the account including proving that I live at the service address.

It just occurred to me that they probably have their OWN address, in Denver, as my billing address since that’s where they sent my original modem. I’m going to call them back and find out if this gets me anywhere, but, because they’re stuck 20 years in the past in every single way, they’re closed and I have to wait until weekday business hours to call.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Kristyn. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry your services aren't working. I would be happy to investigate this and see exactly what's going on. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I used only internet, loyal, pay bill in full before due. Due to family tragedy I had to move out of their service area. In the hassle of a move I forgot to call them to disconnect but responsibly returned their equipment. I got a bill for 102 and a lecture for not calling to cancel! I went through two agents with a so what attitude! Now I am expected to keep up with them after they were insisting on billing me for product I didn’t use. I am looking forward to day when these companies go the way of the landline! Criminals.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Joanie. I can understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry our agents weren't more understanding of your situation. I would be happy to go over this and see what I can do for you. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Updated on 07/18/2019: This is a continuation of my 1St complaint regarding Centurylink's atrocious service. They responded to me on here giving me a link to discuss the issues and the link did not work or go anywhere and now they don't respond on here. Absolutely beyond horrendous, overcharging rude, and no customer service and beyond that the link they insisted I talk with them does not work and now they don't talk on here.

Original Review: Hi I have been a customer for 12 years and have had countless problems. I have home phone service only and the service itself is fine, but the billing errors, mistakes, constant overcharging, etc are a disaster. I was once talked into internet because I was promised a 50.00 rebate then told I was ineligible. Even though I cancelled serviced I was charged for months. Each and every time I am overcharged and they remove overage they say they are doing a favor. I can't stand calling. You never know if you will get somebody helpful or rude and each phone call takes a transfer of 5 people to get to the right person, there are no notes from previous customer service. I pay huge amounts and I can never get an answer for charges. They tell me I have a charge for reconnect even though I have never gotten disconnected. Can't pay online. Just a disaster. I want to keep my landline, but me, my boyfriend, friend are all thinking of leaving.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Lisa. I can definitely understand why you would be upset considering the experience you have had with your bill and with our customer service agents. I would be happy to help you get this resolved once and for all if you send us a message on here.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered CenturyLink internet on 6/4. Received the modem on 6/10, was told activation would be same day by 5pm. Got off work around 10:30, came home at 11, no internet. Called for help and was told “customer care” was closed and to call tomorrow. Called next day, was told bad wiring and services would be set up by the 17th, a tech would be at my home to get wiring in my home between 1-5. Called in around 2:30 and was told tech would be here between 4:30-6:30. 5:45, no tech and no news or communication. After 5pm, the customer care center is closed. The only way to check on the status of my order/repair ticket is through customer care. Anytime I try to check it myself, the system can’t find my information.

I called in after 5pm to speak with ANYONE at that point, since my tech never arrive and was told my activation is still “pending”. How I can have a modem, CenturyLink can take my money, but STILL have a pending activation after two weeks is beyond me. I’ve been waiting TWO WEEKS for service I’ve already paid for and have received ZERO communication as to why this is. Might not sound like a lot, but when your second income relies solely on INTERNET CONNECTION, two weeks WITHOUT WORK is a VERY long time. I’m more upset that no one has bothered to inform me as to why MY appointment, set up by THIS company hasn’t been met TWICE.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Cossette. I'm sorry it's taking so long for us to get your services working. I would like the opportunity to investigate this and see what's causing the delay. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenturyLink?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Ordered their internet service, and made the earliest appointment available, which was Friday the 14th. I asked my previous provider the cancel my internet service in the 17th, since my new service should be installed by then. On late Thursday they sent me a vague email stating there’s a delay in my order due to “equipment issues”. The email said the delay could range from a few days to a few weeks. I called them the following day and asked for more details. The person I spoke to was very short with me and really didn’t have a sense of urgency. They said some local repairs were required, but they could come out Monday the 17th between 10 and 2. By 4:30 no one arrived so I called again. Again the person on the phone was very short with me, gave zero explanation as why they hadn’t made their second appointment, and said the next appointment available wouldn’t be until Saturday.

Meanwhile my current service was scheduled to cancel by EOD. I asked the person on the phone if I should cancel my order. They replied with “I’ll cancel your order” and then hung up. This company clearly doesn’t care about retention, of this is how they treat brand new customers. My household is now without internet. Meanwhile I have a daughter taking an online college class. Terrible customer service all around. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Robert. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm sorry it was taking so long for us to get your services working. I would be happy to investigate this and see what happened if you send us a message on here.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I ordered internet service to be installed at our address on the 8th of June, I was given an appointment for the 13th of June, between 8am-12pm. No one showed up. I called customer care and was placed on hold multiple times for a total of 45 minutes. I was told several different stories - I actually hadn’t ordered (gave my confirmation number) - the tech was busy. They couldn’t reach the tech. They he already been here and it was installed. Told install would be be by 7pm. No one showed.

Next day June 14th - called customer service and started all over again with the same issues - told install would be by 5pm. Checked where’s my technician status - install moved to Monday the 17th. It’s now Monday the 17th, checked the where’s my technician again, my install has now been moved to the 20th of June. This is absolutely ridiculous. There was no communication on the part of the company that provided any information that was accurate or honest. The service already provided by CenturyLink is absolutely horrendous. I DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

CenturyLink response

Hello Brandy, we're sorry that this has been your first experience with CenturyLink, and that your service has yet to be installed. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any questions you may have about your account. Please reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I called last month after my bill had nearly tripled and was told that I would start a new lower priced plan the following Monday. I got my next bill today and it is now $10 higher than the previous month and there is no sign of the new billing plan. I had spent over 20 minutes on the phone with customer retention last month and really should not have to continue this hassle.

CenturyLink response

Hello R we want to make sure that you don't continue to be billed at the incorrect rate, and would like to help. Please reach out to us here for further assistance, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I signed up for CenturyLink's 1GB service online, to be installed on 6/11/19, thinking I could save money by switching from Comcast Xfinity, but I was wrong! Over the course of three days, the CenturyLink installer (who was very nice, polite, and professional) tried to get my service up and running but was unsuccessful. He strung a new line from the nearest telephone pole to my house, tried installing several different fiber optic cable strands, tried several different modems, and kept driving two blocks down to the nearest junction box and back to get my service working, but nothing happened on CenturyLink's end. On the 3rd day, he finally gave up because he'd done all he could, and told us his supervisor would call us the next day to schedule having him come out to check out installation problems out. The next day came and went and we never heard from him.

Each time I called CenturyLink's customer service numbers or tried their online customer service chat, no one could tell me what was going on or when a supervisor could come out. One rep told me I had to wait till after 5pm on Thursday 6/13/19 for my service to work while their installation tech was at my house working his butt off trying to get the service to work, and he had no idea why the phone CSR would tell me to wait till 5pm. It didn't matter, it still didn't work after 5pm. Reaching out to CenturyLink on social media (Facebook & Twitter) got no results either. Just more promises that someone would call me back to get a supervisor out to to my home to get my service up and running. That call never came.

I finally just got fed up and cancelled the whole thing on Friday afternoon after waiting from a call back to schedule a supervisor to come out. I contact customer service again and was told someone wouldn't be out until sometime the following week! I told them to cancel everything, then I renewed my yearly contract with Comcast Xfinity.

I have never had such a hard time giving someone my business! The installation rep CenturyLink sent out was very nice, professional, and apologetic he couldn't get my service up and running. He worked his butt off trying, the sad thing is is that he gets paid by the number of jobs he completes, so he didn't get paid for spending hours per day at my home over the course of three days! Talk about unfair labor practices! The telephone and online chat CSRs sucked! None of them knew what was going on with my situation and would keep transferring me from one department to another and back again. Stay away from CenturyLink if at all possible!

CenturyLink response

Hello Kim, we're sorry to hear that we just weren't able to get you hooked up for service, and apologize for the lack of communication on behalf of our company. If you still have any questions about your cancelled account, please reach out to us here and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: June 16, 2019

The internet service is horrible. It's always issue after issue, you pay for 7 megs of speed get less than 1 meg. The staff and customer service are contracted from out of the U.S. You are giving your private information to someone in another country to service your internet connection. Each representative will tell you something different is wrong each and every time, and you will never have consistent reliable internet connection or service as the same with the customer service representatives that you can barely understand because they are from off somewhere near Puerto Rico and other foreign countries. The service and staff are as inconsistent and unreliable as your monthly statement. They will add extras on to your bill, and you can't get it removed. It's a shady company.

CenturyLink response

Hello we're sorry to see that this has been your recent experience with our service and our agents - we would like to offer assistance for any issue still present. Just let us know if you'd like our help by responding to us here, and we'll take it from there.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Lost my phone and internet service on 6/14/19 after a momentary power outage during a storm. When phone service was not restored in an hour, despite everything else being normal, I went online (using a different internet provider), completed CenturyLink's tests, which indicated that there was 1) no outage an 2) that my phone was working perfectly. Since this was absolutely not true, I completed a repair ticket online. Was shocked to see that it would not be until 6/20/19 that a tech would be available. I am of advanced age and am still heavily dependent on a landline phone. No one is able to reach me. I cannot believe that this is considered acceptable service.

CenturyLink response

Hello Zan we could understand how this would be frustrating, and apologize for getting to you so late in regards to your phone repair. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns by responding to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I called to cancel my home phone and the agent disconnected my service as of June 13. I am getting a bill from June 13-July 12 and CenturyLink is still charging me for the phone. My phone has been disconnected and does not work. Why am I still being charged for the service I no longer have?

CenturyLink response

Hello Olechka - you shouldn't still be billed for services you haven't received - please reach out to us here so that we can resolve this for you, and answer any other questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I been with this company for so many years and it is the worst ever. TV is outrageous price. Internet is the worst ever - now always buffing. I need to change company. I tried to stick with CenturyLink. I can't deal with it anymore.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jeanette - we're sorry to see that you're having difficulty getting the service you're paying for. We'd like to look into this for you in order to get the service issues resolved - please just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here.

Original review: June 13, 2019

This company cut my internet and when I got home and found out, they were closed (they're open 8am-6pm Mon-Fri). They said I owed a payment. Never once emailed, text, called me to say my account is due/late, they just cut me off. I paid. Called the next day and they said I am all up and connected me. They also said the next payment is due 7/1/19.

Tonight I got home, my internet is down. It's 6/12/19. I got hold of CenturyLink on chat. They were apologetic and could not help me. They sent me to Tech who profusely apologized and could not help me despite my account being in good standing and this whole mess being their fault. They even admitted it and I downloaded the chat. Do not do business with this company unless you want drama and hell. They are the worst. So shocking.

CenturyLink response

Hello Nathan, we're sorry to hear you've had this recent experience with us in regards to your billing and service. We could understand how it'd be frustrating, and want to extend our assistance in investigating this for you. Just reach out to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We had scheduled a migration from Copper to Fiber for our phones lines months in advance. They finally set a date to have it done and gave the reservation. All good so far. I called in to the number, and worked with a very nice tech in provisioning. Toned out the lines coming in on the fiber. All had dial tone. Got them terminated down and made sure outgoing calls worked. Authorized to finish the migration since incoming calls were still hitting the copper lines. It was never completed. Called in first thing Monday morning when I received complaints that customers couldn't call in. Could not get through to anyone for the life of me. Was told that I needed to speak with the area rep, but she was out of the office. We went the entire day with no incoming calls. Finally calls me back at 4:15pm and says that our file stated that we never called in on Friday so it was never completed.

Gave the reservation number and tech names, and mysteriously, they found the record. Was given a new reservation number and told to call in 30 minutes after the call ended. Reservation number was invalid. Was finally able to get pushed through, and get the migration completed. This is now over 12 hours since the initial report. I would understand if this were a home phone, but this is a business account. It's unacceptable that nobody but the area rep could authorize the provisioning team to work on this. I have receive so much grief about this from my manager, but it's a problem that I couldn't fix myself. 21 phone calls to 8 numbers, leaving 18 messages, and couldn't even get it scheduled until the call at the end of the day.

Once we had the migration done, it took another hour and a half on the phone with various reps to cancel 2 service orders. One to forward the phone numbers to a cell phone so that we had SOMETHING (takes 48 hours before it would even apply), and another to cancel a service technician that was coming on-site to diagnose the issue (we already knew it was migration-related and that it didn't get finished). They have a serious office communication problem. Techs and CSR agents not entering notes, no records of SOs then mysteriously coming up when given supporting information, and took 5 agents and being on-hold for over an hour to cancel the 2 SRs. This is completely unacceptable.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Nick. I agree that sounds like an awful experience and I'm sorry you had to go through that. It should not have taken that long to get your phones working as they should and I'm sorry you didn't immediately get through to someone that could help you. I am glad this has been resolved but I will submit feedback for you to make sure this entire ordeal is examined by management. If there is anything I can do to help, send us a message on here.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have repeated billing issues (late fees) that I have constantly addressed with no satisfactory result. I have account verification problems all of the time even though I have a password that has been in place for years! Every single time I call this company, I question why I even stay (over 20 years as a customer). I have internet connection speed issues since transferring Apts that has yet to be resolved although I've had repair dept come out a couple of times. It is hurtful that as long as I've been loyal to this company, that loyalty and appreciation is not extended to me.

CenturyLink response

Hello we're sorry to hear that amidst all your chronic service issues, your billing hasn't been what you've expected. We'd be happy to take a look into this for you - please just reach out to us here for assistance, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I have been using CenturyLink Internet for past 2.5 years in Jefferson City, MO. I had shift from my current apartment to a new one last week. I chatted with a customer service associate and was told service will be transferred in 3 days but then when I asked earlier date suddenly the person chatting said it will take 3 weeks. And after that I tried calling multiple agents multiple times, only answer I get is 3 weeks for transfer and I don't understand why it should 3 weeks for a simple Internet TRANSFER. Answer I get is technician needs to do WORK. This is not correct. I am thinking to disconnect as I need Internet badly.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Karthik. I'm sorry to hear that it is taking us so long to get your services installed at the new place. I would be happy to examine the order to see what is causing the delay if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: June 9, 2019

On 5/25 I placed a service call for intermittent internet access problems where there was limited to no internet. Problem was not resolved until 5/30. I placed another service call on 6/7 for the same problem and could not get a service technician until 6/13. I would prefer to patronize CenturyLink over Xfinity, but with long service delays, I may have to switch to Xfinity. CenturyLink has provided a fast, reasonably price service, but the service response time is terrible.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Larry. I can definitely understand why you would be upset. I would be too given the repeated problems and how long it's been taking us to get this resolved. I would be happy to take a look at what's going on and see if we can get this repaired once and for all. All you need to do is send us a message on here.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When I say this is the worst internet service it really is. They give you the runaround and can’t even give you the correct information over the phone. I’ve had a one of their representatives even hang up on me. For starters if you provide someone with a confirmation number what’s the point if no one’s going to ask for it. Every person I’ve talked to from CenturyLink has been absolutely no help. They constantly gave me the runaround about reconnecting my service which they have yet to do. Honestly at this point I’d rather find another internet provider than deal with CenturyLink’s BS.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Angel. I'm so sorry you've had such a negative experience with our agents over the phone. I would be happy to see what's causing the delay in your services being reconnected as well as help you with any other CenturyLink issues you are experiencing. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Placed an order for my Mother to have a landline in an Asst Living facility on 5/15. As of June 7th still not done and I have to call 3 to 4 times a day. This is absolutely insane! Every time I call I get a different story. "The order was never placed" is the latest I heard and now they do not have a technician available to complete the order. My 86 year old refused to use a cell phone and has been without a phone for 4 weeks. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello, Karen. I agree that this is an unacceptable delay and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get the landline working for you. If you send us a message on here, I can investigate this and see what is causing the delay. I look forward to working with you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

For the second time in a month, our broadband internet is out. CenturyLink could not send a technician for a week in both cases. They are severely understaffed in North Carolina. I'm in Orange County.

CenturyLink response

Hello Frances-Ann we apologize that you continue to experience service loss - we can understand how this would be frustrating, and would like to offer our assistance going forward. Please reach out to us here for help, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

So a genius chat support of yours changed my password without my permission. I asked for my phone features but she changed my password. Great, maybe they need to be re-evaluated. Simply asking for phone features and also disabling some of the features will take them forever to understand what you actually wanted to happen. We had to go in circles. Sigh.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Loo. I'm sorry that this happened and I would like the opportunity to investigate this to get an idea of what happened so we can prevent this in the future. I can also assist you in getting to the right place to get your password changed back to what it was. Send us a message on here and I can get started.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had to get a phone line hooked up to my septic alarm system. I called and they said it was turned on, it was not. I called again 3 weeks ago. They said they would send out a technician on Wednesday. I took off work (no pay), waited all day, no show. Called again, argued with them, they said someone would be there Friday. Took off work again (no pay). No show again. Called again, they said next Thursday, took off work (no pay). Now I sit here waiting. I will be surprised if they show up. I have no other option but to deal with them. I have no idea what to do. The absolute worst company to deal with. My time is valuable to me, apparently they don't think it is. One thing I can say about them you can rely on them to be unreliable. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Karen, we apologize that all of your repair appointments have been missed, and that you're still waiting for a resolution at this time. We'd be happy to take a look at this repair order for you - just reach out to us here for assistance, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My internet is running so slow it takes 15 minutes or more to get my email, websites etc to come up if they ever do. I am told the bandwidth is exhausted. But no dept is working on it. I have talked to probably 20 people in the last week and most are offshore and don't have a clue what is going on. CenturyLink has the worst customer service of any company. And their service is also the worst of any I have had. If there was any other internet service in my area, CenturyLink would be history. When are they going to fix this issue? I am not the only one complaining about this problem. Everyone on this line is having the same problem. Is our business not worth getting this resolved?

CenturyLink response

Hello Anita, we can understand the frustration of slow internet speeds, and apologize that your box is at capacity at this time. We'd like to look into this for you, and answer any other questions you may have - please just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here.

Original review: June 5, 2019

CenturyLink customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced. First off my modem went out, so customer service said they would overnight one, for a fee of $22. After a couple of days of not receiving it, I called back and the request was never even processed. They keep me on hold for a long period, and can almost never find my account. I’m so frustrated with this company.

CenturyLink response

Hello Danielle, we're sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our company - we could understand how this would be frustrating. We'd like to investigate what happened with your modem - please just let us know if you'd like our help by reaching out to us here, and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I've been trying to get my internet issues resolved for the past 2 days and spent over two and a half hours speaking with many people from the Philippines and Dominican Republic that do not have the capability to transfer me to someone in the US that can speak good English. These overseas customer service people are very limited on their English and understanding issues. They do not and cannot resolve anything but are very good at placing you on hold for extended periods of time while they pretend they are actually doing something. 54 1/2 minutes on hold is ridiculous!

CenturyLink needs to have a dedicated number to a customer service Personnel Department in the United States! I live in Minnesota and believe I have the right to deal with someone from my country that speaks the same language. CenturyLink should be ashamed for hiring overseas personnel that it can pay peanuts to compared to hiring decent American people. The people in this country deserve to be treated better by CenturyLink.

CenturyLink response

Hello Jim, we're sorry to see you feel this way about our customer service agents - but if you have any questions or what you needed to get done hasn't been resolved, then please reach out to us here and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Just to give you a little background on my personal experience, my work for the last two decades focused on tech. Unfortunately, my particular area is very limited by carriers, and so CenturyLink was forced upon me. My connection went down at a minimum of 15 times a day, every day. Yes (yawn), I rebooted by modem - on occasion - but I'm not going to do it every time. I also had to have a landline for faxes and the line was so terrible that I couldn't actually use it for phone calls. It wasn't always terrible, though, so I was told it was likely my fault and a fortune to fix. No way am I going to invest in repairs for an apartment complex.

I'm relocating to a different area where I thankfully have more options that are less expensive (because who charges $100/month for 20 mbps?). It was only when I told them I was disconnecting and that their service was equal to dial-up from the '90's that they offered to lower my bill if I would just stay with them a little longer. Why can't I get a better deal and get actual consistent internet service? Forget it. Run far, far away.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I can definitely understand why you would be upset and I'm so sorry that we weren't able to provide you with the consistent service that you need. I am also sorry that this has caused you to go to another company. I would be happy to assist you anyway I can or answer any questions you have if you send us a message on here. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: June 3, 2019

Worst C.S. ever... Before they are trying to collect money owed to them, they may want to attend phone 101 classes, 2 times they call me, say, "Please hold for a billing specialist." What a joke, they hang up on me, they call back, "Please hold for a billing specialist." They hang up, they have not called back, either embarrassed or cant find my phone number. If this stale bureau cant even connect calls, how can they even figure out the amount of money they "say" is owed to them. Let's all hang out for CenturyLink to figure the bs out. I am waiting for their "recorded phone transcripts" to be mailed to me but they probably cant find them.... 'Cuz they hang up on you. Unreal sloppy business. Peace.

CenturyLink response

Hello, Patricia. I would be upset too given your situation. We should definitely make sure you are being connected to the right place and help you figure out what's going on with your bill. I would be happy to go over the charges with you and see what we can do to help if you send us a message on here.

Original review: June 3, 2019

CenturyLink is the worst company I have ever done business with. First, the modem that they sent us did not work. I called customer service to get help and they said they will be sending a tech out to service it. A tech NEVER showed up. I then called them to cancel their crappy service. Second, the “mailed” me a return label to return the modem, that never showed.. Go figure. They had “re-sent” multiple times which again, never came. I had to print it out online even though they said that wasn’t allowed. Why? I have no idea.. Then I get a bill for an in-returned modem. Basically they want to charge me for their faulty equipment that I mailed back to them. I called customer service once again to get the charge off since I did in fact mail it in. The guy on the phone said that the charge will be taken off and that they did receive it.

Then 9 months go by and turns out they sent me to collections and it dropped my credit score. I am beyond livid with this horrible company. I am currently trying to fight the case as each rep I have talked to keeps saying I never returned the modem which is not true. The original rep says that they had it, but I guess that was a complete lie. I also talked with another person recently once I found out about the charges that were still derogatory against me. This rep told me that sometimes their “system doesn’t register since we get thousands of modems per day.” So how is that my fault that you didn’t put it on my account? And now I’m responsible for your employees not doing their job? I don’t think so! They are criminal and lie and scheme to rob people of their money!! And if you don’t pay, they will ding your credit. It’s such a SCAM!!

CenturyLink response

Hello Haley, we're sorry to hear that you're being billed for a returned modem, and can understand how this would be frustrating to have to get resolved. We'd like to look into this for you - just let us know if you'd like our help by responding here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been a customer with CenturyLink for many years. My landline phone and internet went out twice now, supposed to send a tech. No show, now another reschedule, it will be 24 days out. Most ridiculous service. Never late on payments. 120 dollars month and get a service technician in 24 days! Will not refer this company and probably look for better company.

CenturyLink response

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that we haven't been able to get a tech out to you and that it's been out for so long. I would be happy to investigate this and see what we can do to expedite the repair. Send us a message on here and we can get started.

CenturyLink Company Information