1.43/5

893 Fingerhut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

For two months couldn't make payments due to Fingerhut issues, including unable to process payment. Then asked full SS, which is not legal, only last four. Then excuse of two accounts to one address is why there was a problem then told that wasn't true, then more excuses. They refunded the two late payments but gave negative feedback on my credit. They admitted to issues. Then lied. Phone recordings Don't lie, they do. Products not worth it and the lies also, so closed account, paid in full. Also they have no number to credit dept. You can't talk to a credit person, unheard of. Stay away. Website issues that you end up paying for. My credit score went from 722 to 619 because of their mistake and even though they admitted their fault, still put two negative remarks.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We ordered a mattress topper, when we received it it was not like the description in the catalog. It wasn't flat or smooth and felt like you were sleeping on a pile of boulders. I wasn't sent a shipping label for return of product. So I was just going to pay the shipping. But it cost as much as the product to send it back. So I called the 800 number to have them send me a shipping label. I was told to call back Monday through Friday. I had called on Saturday because I work through the week and can't be on my phone at work as I would lose my job. I was informed that they couldn't do returns. Only orders.

After calling three times, talking to three different people, and informing them that I would keep calling back, they finally agreed to send me the shipping label. At first they were like, “If you would like to place an order for a product we can help with that.” Which I replied, “It is the same process to place an order as it is to send a return label.” They finally decided to help me. Which I knew all along they could do. I will never again order from Fingerhut, and I will make sure to tell everyone I know not to either.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My package was not only a partial order. The box was an old recycled huge box with one item in it. It is the 3rd purchase received from Fingerhut without a label as if the boxes were opened deliberately and repackaged by a 3rd party before it reaches me. I am done with their program. The service is terrible.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Please do not waste your time doing any business with this company! They do not care about you! I was 9-year customer and never had my credit line increased. When I called them about it they said increase depends on how much you spend each year. I made a comment that "what's the point, I might as well close it" but never officially said to close it, well the rep went ahead and closed it after the call anyway, which drastically affected my credit score from having a long-term credit line removed.

I have tried several times several hours on several calls for them to reopen the account which they say they can't do and I have to reapply, which in credit terms makes it a New account and not an established account. I asked them to prove to me that I said to close the account and no one can seem to find the recording and REFUSE to reopen it. I call the executive level customer service also by the way does not care to do anything and all of a sudden she says that the Supervisor listened to the call and said I said to close it. She herself did not hear the call, and the last Supervisor I spoke to said there is no Recording, and Even on the Executive level she has no intentions on making this right or helping me in any way other than to go by the word or their supervisor, who just told me the call was deleted but somehow just reappeared!

If the Executive Level Does not care, DO NOT expect much from their overseas customer care department. They sell overpriced CRAP anyway. The Executive level Customer Care Associate, Tommie, was very unhelpful, uncaring, and said she sticks by her "parameters". This place is useless, you will get better customer service from HSN or QVC. I will never do business with this sham company again, and I suggest you do the same!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I started out very excited with this company and did well. Paid on time. Credit was given fairly fast and had no problems. Once I got over the $1200 mark they suddenly started having issues with deductions when I paid. I was paying a set amount we had discussed over the due amount monthly more than the due. The date got changed from when I could pay it on my once a month pay date. I took three pay cycles to get that fixed but they never removed the fees. They added charges for an NSF they caused which was in them when the payment date was changed without my knowing. The credit went up and those issues repeated again. It took longer to fix and they never gave me full credit for the first issue. By the time I had $1900 showing in debt most was after my last Christmas I spent with them I and that was after they had added a ton of interest and other fees.

I had called over 89 times asking them to fix the issues with payments I have made. They admitted in emails and calls that my billing date was rolling over into a late status by one day every month because someone failed to fix the date as asked. It had been fixed at one point but when they adjusted the credit it reset and they didn’t bother to fix it as it was clearly noted and shows that at one time was fixed. This is somehow my fault as the client. They refused to do it then. I also was denied a reimbursement of all the late fees and any help to lower the bill hundreds of dollars. I would have only owed these people about $480 at one point if this was done properly. Instead I went 2 years with rolling late account fees and interest on $1000 instead of them deduction my payments of $180, $106 $99 for months in end. I mean even at $99 for a year it would have paid down 1700 a good bit.

They still claim I owe them that and more now. They never allowed the lost wage or medical care to be applied when I asked for it in January of the year right after I ordered. I got very ill and needed oral surgeries. I was denied that twice. This company is not fair to the people who pay for those services. I carry a bad credit balance in this account when they have been paid and offer protection for your credit and account but don’t allow you to access it. Scam is all they are. Do not open an account there. Find a credit union. It is hard to start credit but these places are rip offs. Trust me. I learned the hard way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

All I know is the customer service is a joke. I talked to 4 different representatives about a refund that I was due on a mistake that they made. All 4 representatives gave me different answers which were all wrong so finally I asked to talk with someone above them which to no surprise was just as incompetent as the first 4 reps. A refund that I am still waiting for went from 3 business days to 3 to 5 business days to 20 business days to 3 to 5 business days back to 20 business days. Then I asked, "Why has the number of business days switched between each of your reps?" She responded that she is very sorry for the inconvenience and that they need to be retrained and the reason why it's 20 business days is because of the type of debit card I used so then I knew that she was just fishing at that point. But bottom line it will be a month when I actually receive my refund. Fingerhut reps are utterly useless and no help.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Zero stars (it makes you give at least one star). We bought a cabinet from Fingerhut. Also got the 1 year warranty. Our opening credit was $180 in Aug. We are just starting Oct. I have paid $104.65. They are saying we owe $82 still and that I paid my bill too early! When I paid my last payment it said new balance $75.44 how if my interest is $2 how the hell do the get $82?? Oh and my opening interest was 1.58 and they claimed it's going down. I'm sorry but $2.48 is more than $1.58 that's going up dumb **. So I told them I want to returning the item they said I can't. I told him I'll pay the 77.44 he said no you have to pay the full 82!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased 4 sets of curtains and 2 lamps as housewarming gifts for my daughter. The curtain pairs were EACH 89.99 (359.96) and 2 lamps, each 39.99 (79.98) for well over $500.00 with shipping and tax - the curtains came and were too small and so were the lamps. My daughter wanted to return them and get something else, and because it was past 60 days they REFUSED to work with me or give me any type of satisfaction. These were bought before the home was completely finished and were given as GIFTS before they moved in - once they moved in and they didn't work, customer service would not allow me to return or exchange for anything! Pretty much oh well take the well over $500 LOSS. I have been a customer for over 5 years and have a high credit card limit and make payments regularly and pay the card off and reuse it - but this is crazy! I want nothing to do with the rip off company. I will be closing my account!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I understand their prices are going to be a little higher than a store you just pay outright. But some things are $100 or more than any other store. And that doesn't include the $20 shipping for anything you purchase. I have purchased several things that were actually on sale, so they were the same or cheaper than anywhere else. I was just lucky enough something I needed was on sale. And it took forever to actually find something worth purchasing. There are betters ways to build credit. Save up and buy what you want somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I paid off my purchase before its due date several months in advance. Was told I would get a credit increase. Did not happen. I tried to make another purchase with the same credit line given the first time. The transaction won't go through even though site acknowledges credit approval.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Called to see if I could get an extension on my account due to a recent hurricane that had put my husband and I out of work and had no way to pay our bills, they told me there was nothing they could do and that not only did I still have to pay my bill, I would get a late fee. Now, I have NEVER been late on a bill and have purchased quite a few things from them. I have no problem making my payments, but when a natural disaster happens, have a little more concern for them and take care of them. DO NOT EVER SHOP WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I ordered a Samsung 9S+ because they upped my limit. I returned the phone before my 60 days. As a matter of fact I had another 40 plus days left to send it. When I got the phone they dropped my limit down to $800.00 And in turn left me over the limit. I took it to the post office and the post office worker and I wrapped it up with no scratches or dings on it. And I made sure they signed for it. They sent me a Email saying it was not in good condition which is a BOLD FACE LIE. And Anybody that knows me know I will sue for damages and emotional distress.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered 2 pair of shoes and a Fitbit, shoes were plastic put garbage, then the Fitbit kept going off and on, garbage... so I returned these products! Next day I got a bill for $83.00 for shipping and handling... remind you they say free shipping and handling... so I owe them for something I no longer am in possession of!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY... IT'S A GARBAGE... BROKEN PLASTIC TRASH! I'll never do business with them again and will be filing a complaint with BBB...

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I had a 450 credit score due to a medical bill issue. Fingerhut gave me a fresh start account that I paid $30 up front then 6 monthly payments. That graduated me to their regular WebBank credit account. After two years I now have $1500 credit limit. I buy something every few months (Shoes, shirts, bath or bedding) to keep the account open and make my credit look better. By paying off my bad debts and keeping my Fingerhut account in good standing I now have a 680 credit score.

Fingerhut has a few days every month that offer free shipping if you have good credit, so that is when I buy something.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I ordered a bed from Fingerhut. When it arrived BROKEN in half... They would do NOTHING TO HELP. UPS broke it so I was left clueless. Then. I got mattress in a box next day. No reason to keep. I had no bed. It's still on my porch in unopened box. FINGERHUT said they won't take it back. Now they say they will, but I have to pay shipping. More than half the stuff I've ordered from them has been JUNK. And they never help. Customer service is terrible. This opened my eyes, and ill never order anything else from them. Horrible... Just horrible!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I opened this account with the only intention of improving my credit. I got approved for a 700$ credit limit in June. My first purchase was a baby bouncer for my little girl. The total was a little over 30$ than the typical everyday price but I had found a coupon so it made it reasonable, but then the shipping was crazy high. Like almost 20$?! I bought it anyway because I knew I needed to purchase something to open a line of credit. It arrived maybe 10 days later. I assembled it with mostly no problems, I say mostly because one of the holes didn't quite line up correctly on the base, so I'm not sure if it was actually a faulty product from the manufacturer and offered to Fingerhut for a discount or maybe they were just made like that.

With some serious force I got it to connect. Well, they didn't make me pay a payment the following month but I sent in 25$ anyway. The following month after that, I actually had a payment schedule set up and they wanted me to pay 9$ a month until it was paid off. Well I paid 50$ the following month, because heck, why not?! The month after that they gave me a 500$ increase on my credit with them. I've purchased one more item since then and it arrived the week after I ordered it. I ordered on one of their free shipping days, and the item I wanted was actually 5$ cheaper than at Walmart.

Honestly I haven't even opened the box, because it's a Christmas present for my friend's child but I'm sure it's fine, it's like a tent. Not much you could mess up there. My credit has gone up at least 20 points since opening the account with them after just 4 months. After reading other reviews though I don't plan on ever making a big purchase, too risky in my opinion. I'll stick to under 100$ purchases and keep on improving my credit.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought a an Acer computer and 2 months later it died. Fingerhut would not replace it. They are shipping it back to me. I paid $56 to ship it to them now I'm stuck with a giant doorstop, that's all it's good for. I HATE FINGERHUT AND I AM DONE WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had bought a laptop from this scheming company and never received the item. They said it was delivered at a certain day and time and I as well as 2 other witness were with me at the supposed time of delivery that never occurred. They threaten the customers, lie, use, mistreat, abuse, don't live up to their word. They take people hard earned money and never send them the products. This is the 2nd time this has happen to me and I will never order from them nor recommend them to no one. They will not live up to their responsibility of their neglect. They blame the customers for the problems that happen and not live up to theirs. Don't trust them, they will screw anyone over for their benefit. This company should be made to be shut down due to their ripping off customers all the time. They suck big time! BEWARE everyone big time!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I ordered a computer desk from them recently, it was supposed to arrive in 2 weeks but I got it in 7 days. The desk had all parts and was very easy to put together. No missing parts. I got my first bill, yet it is not due yet, however. It is the amount that they said it would be. I have not had any bad experience with them. Hope it stays that way. Only downfall I've noticed is shipping cost is a little extreme. But more people than not will take the time to write a bad review rather than a good one... so I thought I would share my experience. No issues with them as of now.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

People beware. I had bought a items previously and all payments were taken out. I was told all was clear. I ordered another item. It came broke. Does not work after 4 months and they won't replace the item. They still expect me to pay for the items that are not working and saying it's a manufacturer issue. Not theirs. Buyers beware. They will suck you dry.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a ring four years ago that was suppose to cost 150 dollars. Today I owe over 500 dollars for it! I have paid thousands of dollar for a ring that turned black less than a week! Was suppose to be real ring. It was fake!!! These people are crooks and should be shut down! If you buy from them you will pay thousands for a 99 cent item!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I applied for a Fingerhut account. They denied me credit, then they sent an option for me to join Fingerhut via their fresh start program. Rest assured by this time I have a unsecured MasterCard, a Lowe’s card, Anne Taylor Loft, VICTORIA Secret, New York & Company, Kohl's, Belk, they required under the so called fresh start to make a purchase for $50.00 or more up to $150.00, any amounts beyond $50.00 will require a $30.00 payment in advance before the item is to be shipped.

My purchase was for $80.00. I paid the down payment of $30.00, then paid off the balance of $50.00 the following month, then they upgraded my fresh start account to a regular account with a credit limit of $300.00, however they want me to call them to verify my account? Really? No one said anything about having to call anyone once verified, I do not like phones, and for the most part I hate them. I am deaf, what the ** is going on with these people at Fingerhut/Web bank?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Telephone conversation last month representative tells me when paying off account they would upgrade and increase by $500, paid off early payment always more than requested, increase denied, then told it would take a couple more months, how is it fair that Fingerhut doesn't keep their word? But expects the consumer to fulfill their obligations, 700 fico score, I'm requesting reevaluation, my obligation was fulfilled Fingerhut defaulted.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

There is not enough selection, and wide variety of products. I will tell you the truth. There was a Kaito Emergency portable radio that I always wanted, and I wanted to buy it along with the bath towels, and when I ordered it, they gave me an order number. A day later, they went along and canceled my radio receiver order, but still kept on sending me the towels. I called them up many times to ask why is this order been canceled? They told me that they were out of stock. Okay, so I told them, "If it's out of stock, why does the website say it's in stock? And they tried to correct it and they let me place a second order for that emergency radio, and the same thing happened. They canceled the order.

I wish they would keep their website accurate and have more products available to buy and quit canceling my orders of the things I want to have from them. This month I went somewhere else outside this company and placed an order for radio, and it got here in the couple of days. Now I have to call in the order instead of placing the order online, so I won't run into this. Their catalogs and website are a waste of time to find things, and if you're going to order something, before to call in for price and availability.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Well I ordered a Fitbit two weeks ago, guess what, I don't have it yet! I have a tracking number and the customer service lady told me that was probably a used tracking number. Called UPS. They had no information for me as they aren't the sender. Called Fingerhut again and I have an updated tracking number, guess what, it's been another 4 days and its still hasn't arrived... I just checked the tracking number again and they have updated my delivery date to 09-06 when it was supposed to arrive Aug 25th... I will be paying them off and closing my account as I don't want to deal with this crap...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I purchased clothing for my mother. Most were too thin for her liking. I did not open 2 of the 5 items. Sent them back, within 2 wks Next day delivery, Signature, and Insured for $30. more than the company wanted. Fingerhut received the package back, within 2 days. It took them a month, and them calling me Constantly, wanting a payment... on the third call I demanded to speak with a manager. One said, they did not receive the merchandise as of yet. HECK, it was signed for a month before... from a person from their company. I HAVE THE RECEIPT FROM THE POST OFFICE, THE NAME, and the Insurance... and YET, THEY WISH TO MAKE ME PAY MONEY FOR THEIR SLOWNESS WITHIN THEIR OWN COMPANY!!! YES I AM MAD! WHERE CAN I GO FROM HERE?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

This company preys on the poor/low-credit population. At the time of viewing Fingerhut's commercials I deemed them a great way to shop. After reviewing items online, ordering ($500 limit) items (bar stools, patio set) all items came unassembled and with manufacturing defects. I was advised (by my maintenance team) that the legs of one of the bar stools would have to be cut to make the hardware (nails) align with new holes needed to be drilled!! I am amazed at what some companies will do and attempt to engage the average consumer. I've contacted Fingerhut repeatedly with no compromise. Each piece I ordered did not match, was of extremely poor quality, and unable to use. My only choice was to give the pieces away to charity. Any consumer would make a wiser choice shopping at your nearby Walmart. This company should be ashamed.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I never had an issue with Fingerhut until April. I ordered two items at the same time and it was delivered the same day but to a different address. They were both sent separately but the tracking number states it was delivered. I was able to get one of the items. I put a claim with USPS and filed a police report but Fingerhut did not help me at all. They said I still have to pay for an item I did not get as well as the warranty. I have filed a claim through BBB. Very sad how they can screw people over the way they do, especially since I have been a customer with them for years.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

If you're interested in fixing your credit only then I can't say anything bad about those intentions but in regards to their products, business operations, and customer assistance BEWARE!!! Fingerhut will not resolve your issue and bombard you with catalogs. In my case Fingerhut would not let me choose the delivery address of my first two and only orders because it was not my billing address. I called them and they refused to change it on my orders. I no longer reside at my billing address even prior to signing up to Fingerhut.

Needless to say someone is enjoying a brand new computer. The apartment home is abandoned and they allowed an electronic computer to be dropped off with no signature and didn't inform anyone that I told them I do not reside there. I sent in an affidavit to open investigation and they quickly closed it. Now they want a police report for an item delivered to a place I no longer live in, in order to reopen an investigation. Just plain not helpful!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I'd give less than 1 star if I could. Awful customer service. The worst I have encountered. Been 7 days since I paid for and placed my order, and still no shipping information. I spoke to several customer service reps, and they all gave me the same generic "it is being processed and will ship in 1-3 days" response.

$25 for shipping and it will be a total of 8-10 days before it finishes even being processed!!?? Customer service reps were rude, and poorly trained. Do yourself a favor, and don't.

Fingerhut Company Information