Fingerhut

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Overpriced. They charge 2-3+ times the retail value of products. I never really paid much attention to it when I first signed up but now I am just in shock. I wanted to order my daughter a graduation gift and everywhere I look the price is astronomical in comparison to the retail value. One item is priced $1,105 OVER the actual retail cost. I could quite literally buy three of these things. What a shame! What a ripoff! I am not sure why they are even allowed to do this.

I ordered two hotdog cookers. One for my mom and one for my grandma. They didn't like them after they asked for them so I returned them. These were roughly $75.00 a piece. I only received a credit for one of them. I called several times and every time I was told they were emailing me a form to fill out. The last time I called them they told me they were sending me the form by mail since I wasn't receiving it by email. Well I never received it in the mail either. I was a loyal customer always paid my bill on time and the only time I returned an item was when I returned the hotdog cookers. I paid off my account and will never order from them again. Apparently they needed the $75 more than I did.

Was an outstanding customer, paying my bill on time, receiving high increases from them, etc. On 10/17 I lost my husband and was as is in a very delicate health phase. I did contacted on Dec as I had been hospitalized as if my balance on the acct was like less than 100.00 why they billing me for 400.00. I made a payment in March. Here we are in April and my bill has not been lowered. Bottom line Fingerhut DON'T CARE about its customers so at this point they can do as they pleased. I have tried with them but their customer service are the worse anyone can deal with. They are unprofessional and beyond rude.

In October 2016 I ordered a king size comforter with reindeer on it called a "holiday sweater". Obviously, I wanted this to decorate for Christmas so I didn't put it on my bed until the sometime in December at which I found the material made me itch all over so I couldn't use it. After the chaos of the holidays subsided, I called Fingerhut and explained the problem with the comforter and asked to return it with a postage paid return label and the operator said she would email me one. Time went on and I realized I never received the label so I called them back and this operator rudely told me they don't take refunds after 30 days. I explained I ordered it 2 months before Christmas to be prepared to decorate therefore I couldn't return them within 30 days because I didn't use it for 2 months and the other operator told me should would send me a return label. Again, she said no returns after 30 days.

I have been a customer for about 4 years and never knew of this policy but then, like everyone else, I return thing right away so given this special circumstance I found this company is unsympathetic. I think they should have accepted the item back regardless of the time frame since it made me itch and I couldn't have known this sooner. I think they should have made exception for an item ordered for Christmas.

I ordered a Nutribullet with a warranty. Everything was going well. My bills paid on time. I even paid more than what was required. They gave me more credit so I wanted to purchase a vacuum which I really needed. The man was rude and on top of that he duplicated my order. While he was processing I decided to look at my bank statement and there's the duplicate. I called him out on it and he was rude still. I went back and forth with Fingerhut and my bank and both kept telling me to wait. Then finally Fingerhut tells me I have to get my money back from my bank. I was mad because one of the 5 should have told me that long ago. I also have a warranty just for the people to tell me how to fix my own Nutribullet. When my payments are done, I'm done with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

I got the FreshStart account and paid it off March 31 and when I asked going about getting a regular Fingerhut credit account they tell me I had a late payment, but my credit score says no missed or late payments and it dropped my score 32 points... WTF!!! Now they want me to start over with the FreshStart account again! Also the item I first ordered got here 3 weeks late and it didn't work but they say I can't return it if I'm on the FreshStart program, I've sent them 4 messages about this and still no response!

Ok. I wish I had read the reviews before I open the Fresh Start Account with them. So last Wednesday I decided to open an account with them 03/29/2017. My down payment was $30 for a $230 credit limit. I used a Citibank Visa card to make the payment. I kept getting an error message saying my CV code wasn't correct and looking at the code... So I decided to used my American Express Card which it did go through. So a few days later I called my Citibank Visa card and $30 missing. I then called the bank and they tell me Fingerhut got a hold on it to call them and have them to release the hold. I called and spoken with somebody I didn't understand nothing she was saying.

So I asked to speak to a manager. Was placed on hold for a long period of time so when the guy get on the phone he was arguing with me that March 29, 2017 was on a Saturday. We was going back and forward until I told him to look at a calendar. Then he said, "I'm sorry you right." I tell him, "Trust me I know when I spend money." I tell him, "It's real simple. Today is Monday 04/03/2017 and you guys been holding my money since last Wednesday. Could you go ahead and release the hold and refund me my money." The supervisor told me I have to wait 3 to 5 business days and hang the phone up. Very Rude Customer service. Why do they have people answering phone that really can't speak English and they on Central time. Once I pay off this order that I still haven't received never will I do business with them again.

I ordered a Serta Queen 19" Pillowtop Airbed w/ Neverflat pump along with a 1-year service plan (warranty) in October of 2016. Upon receiving it, I didn't open it until December and noticed a hole in the mattress that I just opened. I called Fingerhut and they stated to send it back to them. Once they received it, they then stated that they cannot help me with the item, due to it being after the 90 days, cannot give me a credit on my account for the item and is sending it back to me. I waited for months, called at least once a week asking them where is the mattress and they would say they sent it back... but I never received it.

I called this past Monday-03/27/17 and spoke to a "Will" and he stated they disposed of if (like threw it away). But mind you, I am still being billed for the mattress that they threw out like garbage and still want me to pay the $200. They are out of their minds! I am not paying another red cent to Fingerhut! So, DO NOT ORDER FROM FINGERHUT!!! THEY DON'T LOOK OUT FOR THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

I recently got my monthly statement and did not open it since I have been making the same payment for the last year with no change. I make it on the same day of the month without fail and have not missed a payment in over a year and never been late. After I sent my payment into them a couple of days later I opened the statement and notice an increase of $23 added to my payment. I called the customer service to discuss this since I knew it would show as past due. I explained the event with the lady and she said that would be fine to add it to the next month's payment and she would make the change on my account record. Good I thought.

The next day now the India debt collectors for Web Bank started calling and I would explain the thing again by that afternoon and after the 7th call from them I told the lady that everything had been approved and on my account. She said nothing was on the record and I needed to make that payment today. I told no I would make it as the originally noted. I told her it would useless to call every hour because it had been handled. No more calls but received a letter stating they were suspending my purchasing, no credit raises and no special promotion since I had revoke my consent for them to call me. I never heard anything about this and I called the 800 number and talked for 20 minutes getting this straighten out and he said he would reinstate the consent if I sent him $100 dollars on the account today, I told no way I owed $23.

Finally he reinstated it. And I ask to speak to a manager and he said he did not have the capability to transfer and I asked him where he was located and he said in the building of Web Bank and finally said the Philippines and I fronted him about till admitted that he was in India. I told him that I didn't revoke anything and had no problem with a call but don't over do it. He said they could call anytime they wanted to and that they are not controlled by any government. Don't know why he said that I didn't mention anything about it. I asked him if he could provide me with the agreement copy about the calling and he said if I paid the $100 fee today he would send it to me. I hung up from there. I had been out of town for a couple of days and upon returning there 32 calls from the India number on my answering machine. This was before the reinstatement. So fed up with this bunch.

I have been Fingerhut customer for years. Have from the beginning allowed auto payments withdrawn from my bank account, also every month overpaid the minimum due. Due to a recent illness, I became two months behind. Fingerhut refused to work with me on a reasonable payment scale to maintain my account standing. Please do not be drawn into the increased credit limits because of your superior handling of your account. My past excellent way that I handled my account meant absolutely nothing to them.

I opened a Fresh Start account in Dec. 2016. One of the items were defective and I contacted customer service to arrange to return. They told me they were out of stock and that once my return was credited I could use credit for another item. Well on Feb 2017 they closed the account according to TransUnion which knocked off a lot of points for closing. No one can help me and I have contacted them several times today. Gerwin from Fresh Start department kindly repeating himself because he was limited in his English. A man from the Philippines was only able to confirm that my credit was in limbo pending a decision that must be made from credit department who may or may not offer me a regular account. I can't use my credit of 75.00. I didn't ask to close account and my credit score took a hit as a listed closed account. I have attempted to fix this for weeks now. Long holds, no manager available and no resolution.

I filed a dispute with TransUnion about can take a month. My advice to anyone using Freshstart do not return anything because they mark it as a account closure since you will now receive a partial credit because remember you pay for shipping. I am certain the item I returned was less than what they charged to ship but oh well. They didn't have a replacement so a credit was issued. I can't access my credit because I tried to order something and was told I would need to use another form of payment. I think a month is long enough and I don't understand why I can't speak to someone in management.

Why they outsource calls to the Philippines when they only take calls M-F 8-5pm Central time tells me they prefer customers to be blown off and angry because they already made a dime off of us. Gerwin I hope for your sake that you were in fact telling me the truth and Dante in Account Credit I spoke with you 4 weeks ago and you filed a claim on my behalf. Sounds like trouble and don't not turn anything back. Keep broken things and pay on time then you can build your credit and deal with reputable credit offers.

I've had a Fingerhut account for about 3 years, but have never charged anything because they've reneged on every promo code they promise to new customers. Then there's the $30 initial payment that I don't have to pay with every other credit account that I have. I've called Fingerhut to ask why they don't honor the new customer promotion and have gotten the runaround every time. Bottomline... I'm now grateful that I don't owe them a penny. Fingerhut isn't worth the drama the dish out.

What can I say? The first payment, they tried to take it twice. It's a good thing my bank notified me. I set up an account just for them so it couldn't happen again. I put only the amount of the monthly payment in it each month. Fingerhut also has an insurance co., Safe something. I didn't ask for it and still I had to cancel it. It took 4 phone calls and most of the day to do that.

Then my payment comes out of my account on the first of the month. Guess what happened Jan. 1st? Yeah, the banks were closed this year on Mon. because the 1st fell on Sun. So Fingerhut tacked on a late fee. I paid it. Today I check my online statement from them and there is a late fee. "Why?" I wonder, "The money was in there for them. They not only DIDN'T take the payment but tacked on a late fee."

I called and asked why. They said I have an attorney and they can't tell me anything about my account! "I don't an attorney... never have had," I tell them. They said in order for them to tell me anything about my account I have to revoke the attorney representation. "Grand," I say, "But I DON'T have one." I have TWO different fax #s. I'm going to do as they ask and send that letter to both of them. And just between you and me it will be very, very cold in hell before I ever buy anything for that company ever again.

Well I've had my account for about 4 years. The last year I started receiving stuff I didn't order. If I order something it would be wrong size or item. I would contact them. They would say "You can send it back but you have to pay for shipping" on things I didn't order. Then I pay my account down and they closed my account and said I had to pay rest off to reopen. Just like that my account's closed. No notice or nothing. I would not recommend using them ever.

Paid $37.00 for a 9" dish space heater from Fingerhut and got it on Nov.15th, 2016. Well it worked great at first, but as luck would have it, it died the end of Jan '17 and I immediately contacted Fingerhut. They didn't respond to my email until Feb. 15th, '17. They refused to take it back and or give me credit for the item but they want me to pay for it anyway. I got told to call the manufacturer and did so, only to get treated rather rudely. The guy refused to help me in any way and demanded that I pay to send this back to them by UPS and that I needed to insure it and also include a check or money order for $15.00 to get back either a repaired item or something totally different than what I bought. I said NO.

This company is so unprofessional. I opened an account with them recently, paid my first payment of 20.00 of a $130.00 credit limit and all of a sudden on my credit report the very same month they reported my account as a "Closed Status" which made my credit report drop 51 points. The close status amount says $89.00 which clearly is not the credit limit. I called to resolve the issue very kindly and the representative who clearly didn't know what to do hung up in my face after I asked how is it a closed account and I only made one payment of $20.00. Well the 4th try calling may be a charm I'm on the phone now for 30 mins and well never mind the phone just hung up again. Now I'm pissed, I will sue them for screwing with my credit score. I DO NOT APPRECIATE THIS AT ALL!!!

I urge anybody to stay away from the Fingerhut company. They prey on those with little or no credit. They offered me a line of credit of $500. So I figured I try it out and order my daughter a class ring from them. The ordering made the ring look like a real class ring. They sent me a low quality gumball looking piece of junk that was nothing like what I ordered, a pair dress shoes that looked like cheap knockoffs and a silver crucifix that look like was also from a gumball machine. Now here's the kicker, after returning all of these items they billed me $90 plus dollars for what they said was shipping. I went back and forth with their thieves in customer service which went nowhere and they added late charges. So please read these other complaints and do not, I repeat do not do business with this company. I wish I read them before doing business with them. Does anyone know how or if I can get my money back? God bless.

If you back out of the application process while on the phone with a rep THEY WILL PUSH IT THROUGH ANYWAYS. I have voicemail messages to prove that I didn't complete the application and a email but nobody couldn't tell me why and how it got submitted. Fingerhut could never get my business AGAIN!!! CLOWNS.

I ordered a pair of Work boots and used the fresh start credit program they have. It took weeks for me to get my boots and when they finally showed they did not fit. They weren't wide enough. Call customer service and had to switch to 4 different people to find one I could kinda understand. After that they told me they would send me a label to put on the box and I sent it back 4 weeks ago. They are saying that they have received it and I am being billed $25 a month from the start program.

I refuse to pay it because I did not receive the boots that actually fit. I return them so if you need to return something make sure you do it through certified mail because if you go to the post office they will have no record you sent the package because all they do is scan a bar code on the sticker you put on the box that Fingerhut gave you so your name isn't anywhere on that package so there is no proof you sent it back. So they are ruining my credit now while I dispute it and they tell me just to pay the bill and they won't ruin my credit.

Horrible Experience in buying a SONY car Stereo from Fingerhut! Bought the car stereo, spent $300 having it installed professionally. The car stereo wouldn't power and was defective. I uninstalled the stereo. Their answer? Send me an RMA. Wait with the big, gaping hole in my car for 30+ days. They will inspect the car stereo upon receipt. Then reorder and pay more for its replacement, give up deferred billing, and pay for shipping. If I wait the 30+ days for receipt of the RMA, re-shipping of the new stereo (2 week+ lead time), then possibly they could credit me the difference but no guarantee. "Rie" from the Chat Line.

Worst company I have ever dealt with! Stay away from this company. They will screw you. I ordered something and returned it. Got charged 28.00 for shipping... ok paid it. Then I got charged 61.00!!! I called and dealt with CSRs 7 times. PURE IDIOTS!!! If I asked for a supervisor I got hung up on!!! 3 months dealing with them. I finally just paid the bogus charges. Why you ask because it was holding up the closing on my house! I need a letter proving that my account is closed and paid off... Do you think they could do that NOOO... Everyone there is rude and has no clue what they are talking about. I had to repeat words over and over and I SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

I purchased a sofa/bed by in Aug. and it recently had broken. I asked to get a new one or refunded and they said my warranty was over 90 days. So, my father fixed for me and he said it was not my fault it broke, there was a knot in the wood and told me how poorly it was made with just staples. Buyer beware, Fingerhut just gave me the finger when it came to standing by their products they sell. Don't purchase anything more in the future.

If I could give them less stars, I would. I opened an account with them to help my credit with FreshStart. I ordered a curtain rod and 2 panels. I received my order in fairly decent time but when I received the panels I didn't like them. I sent them back within the week that I received them to the address on the return paperwork I had received. No credit. I called after about 2 weeks and they said they had not received them. I told them I had sent them over 2 weeks ago and they said to give it another week or so. So, I did that. Still no credit and no panels. This was in late December. So, now, I am stuck paying for panels I don't have and they are not willing to give me a credit because I can't find the mailing receipt. Wonderful. Thanks Fingerhut! I really appreciate the customer service!!

While I do agree with some of the other reviews that their prices are very inflated, I have not had any issues or complaints with the items I have purchased. My only complaint is about how they start contacting you by emails, phone calls and text messages regarding your monthly payment BEFORE it's even due. I have always made my payments on time (often times early) which makes their pre-due date reminder communications even more annoying and completely unnecessary.

Purchased items in Dec took too long to get to me. Purchased them elsewhere, Fingerhut items were finally received in late Dec at my workplace. At the time I was on vacation, my place of business also closes for the holiday season. Reopen in January 3rd and on this day I returned the items. Today 2/10/17, I get a call that my acct is past due like WTF?!? For $30.24 FOR WHAT?? They said for "Shipping & Handling". I lost my mind not only for that nonsense, but I was having a hell of a time trying to understand the customer svc rep all 3 of them. I cancelled this whole account immediately! I refuse to pay for someone else's error, yet alone for S&H!! I know am not in the wrong here regardless how rude & angry I became on the phone with customer service reps whose language barriers is hard to understand. Fingerhut this is total BS!

I ordered a Razor Scooter for my Granddaughter for Xmas online. Keep in mind that I changed my address with them back in July and have ordered several times from them since the address change. They shipped my package to my old address in a totally different city and because SOMEBODY signed for it I'm still being charged for it. I indicated that my shipping address was the same as my billing address.

Stay away from Fingerhut! We been paying them faithfully $151.00 and mom as $76.00. Well my lily retard ass calls them, begging them to wait 5 days till daddy get paid because we had emergency funds that had to come out in $400.00. Ugh. Bad idea on my part. Me being a faithful customer of over ten year's! And mom's twenty. They lie like they always do tell me no can help because they got no stinking Americans that will work for their sorry asses??? Yeah boom. They took all their money out??? They royally screwed me over! They could not wait till my daddy got paid Feb 8, 2017, because we had to pay that emergency bill to save a life. They constantly send wrong orders like last week they sent wrong ring??? I call not mean explain to them this y'all fault, only this fourth time them to tell me "you send item back, wait 4 weeks for process order then reorder!" Wait, what? Real seriously???

Then three week prior I order pants. They cancel order and lie fifth time. They pulled this ** for months? They again lie and claim yet again this was our fault? I email them only to have them email me informing me to call customer service? Really? Y'all asses got a email and you request customers to contact you to get your messages to them then you ask them to call? What the point of having emails geniuses???? Yeah seriously. A swing they now sale for $125.00, two seat country swing I paid $499.00 for probably $600.00 counting shipping charges that I was forced to sell for food for only $100.00 because they charge 10.00 for one ring, two slow ass busted PC's $600.00 each later and I'm still wandering why I'm broke as a joke later? Yeah. Don't trust them? Esp if you poor and trying to rebuild your credit? Me no speak no English unless you speaking my kinda language money!

Now because of them I gotta fight, keep my 76 yr old mother and 75 yr old daddy warm when they turn out the power due to the insufficient funds that will take place because of their greed! It truly is the root of all evil? I'm sure you all have heard the old saying it's like taking candy out of a baby's mouth. In this case it's like taking food out of elderly peoples mouths! #CrookedFingerhut

Fingerhut allows the opportunity to purchase items by charging a small monthly fee. I would not be able to purchase these items otherwise. I cannot afford to pay for items on one time purchases. The minimum that Fingerhut charges and the length of time that is allows you to the amount due is absolutely convenient. It's a win-win situation for both Fingerhut and consumer.

Purchased an Intel mobile hot tub for over $1,000. Found it at Sears for under $500.00. Motor quit working 3 months after purchase and took several months and several heated calls to get a replacement motor. Within the year, the product will not hold air. Have service contract and will NOT DO ANYTHING! They expect a payment but we have no hot tub!!!! Several calls and no service. NOW THEY CLAIM the service contract only covers the motor!!!! Really???Shady service and we paid for a service contract. Want to return the defective product and told we couldn't do that. DON'T BUY FROM FINGERHUT!!!! Again deplorable service (actually hung up on me twice), won't accept return on horrible low quality merchandise, overpriced on most every product.

Was suppose to get 50 off my 1st order over 200 bucks for 1st time customer... never got it. Called right away. Was told no because I got a free gift... cheap pocket knife. Told them I was promised it and now they're calling. I am not paying until they make it right. Meanwhile late charges etc... I told them "Make it right. Send me the original bill minus the 50 off and it will be ok." Customer services constantly disconnects you.

Fingerhut Company Profile