Fingerhut

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had a good experience with them last year and this year upon placing my Cyber Monday items I was not given the proper pricing, nor the promotion of free shipping. Tried placing my order five times and it never went through. Called customer service number and nobody spoke proper English. Tried calling 411 for new listing of Fingerhut and none were available. I am very upset that this company has been showing to show a fraud company because we were with Fingerhut for many years. I hope this company gets shut down. Personal information is given to this company and it's a shame.

Wanted to place an order with my new line of credit. Tried using the free shipping promo code and it would not work. I was given the runaround and was actually told by one of the nit wits there that "sale" items are excluded from free shipping. Umm, isn't Black Friday all about sales? Customer Service is extremely rude, not to mention no one there has a command of the English language which is very frustrating! Will not be using my line of credit here, that's for sure!

I started a fresh look account with Fingerhut. Then I look at the prices and decided that it wasn't the best thing for me. It's been a month and this company is refusing to give me my money back. Everybody on the line is from across the seas. They don't understand English or are willing to help. I'm going to let everybody who I know to not use their services. Because this is just fraud and theft... And the people online keep act like they can't hear you but you can hand smacking their lips when you stay say stuff.

I bought an item for Christmas and it was part of a big order and they forgot to put it in a box. I called and they said they would resend the missing item and instead they took it upon themselves to cancel it and refund it to my account. Knowing I was near my limit and can't repurchase so now I am out a Christmas present for my son. I am going to pay the card off and never use it again because it's poor service.

I signed up for the fresh start program. I have a nice credit limit of $180 with a $30 deposit. My first and only purchase so far was a drone. I placed the order for the drone. It was a $200 drone and I got it on sale for only 169.99. I gave Fingerhut my deposit and ordered my drone. I could not wait to get it. It has live view via my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It wasn't working very well, I couldn't record video or take pics. I called cust serv, they gave me a return shipping label, shipping it back to get my deposit refunded. I will reorder again.

I want a drone because, one I love photography and two I love and live in the world of Aviation. I just received my Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate. They're not called driver's license, the proper way is not called a pilot's license, they are called certificates. We do not make much money as people may think. However, as First Officers (Co-pilot) we fly and get more and more hours under our wings so does our income. It doesn't take too long to start earning a six figure digit a year. All it takes is for us to log our hours into our books and we're into money! Cust serv were very nice and polite. My mom used to buy from Fingerhut all the time. That was back in the early 80's. As a matter of fact we still or she still has a pie safe that she bought back in the 80's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Horrible company!! Sent me one of the completely wrong items and it has been weeks of hassle to get it returned and to even try to get the correct item! Still haven't gotten what I want. No one speaks English and they can't understand what you are saying at all!!! I will post off my one product then never ever use them again!

First of all I been a consumer since 2013 and let me tell you that they fall into all bad points. Let me say after dealing with them I need a drink, lol no!!! But yes really... What I don't understand is why they can't understand to hire someone that can understand English. Spent 2 hours on the phone just trying to get them to understand the errors made on the account. Meaning late fees. And once I got them to understand and even the guy that work said that my bill were paid on time!!! And the errors made was on their part and after promises that they would take care of it but only finding out a month that not only it didn't but late fees was add.

So after I call back then after an hour on the phone with them apologizing saying they can do anything about it. So in the end not only they lied after they said would take care of it. So after I got mad and said to them "So not only you can't help me after you said you could" but basically they wanted me to pay for their errors... So in the end not only I got 6 late fees due to their incompetence even the agent that work there said he won't deal with the incompetence on such an level... NEVER AGAIN FINGERHUT.

Overall I have been satisfied with Fingerhut. There have not been any disputes but my biggest hang up with Fingerhut is their non English speaking representatives. It is awful. They do not understand your questions because they do not understand the English language. They have not been fully trained. If you have a question about a product, they simply read to you the description from the catalogue. So sad.

We ordered a product over a month ago. When the package had not arrived a week after the delivery date, we called. They said they would reship. When viewing our account a week later, package still not shipped, and we were still charged. I was on the phone with the man who barely speaks english and he keeps saying "your account has been credited." We are looking at the account and clearly it has not been credited. When they finally called back, because the account is in my husband's name, he would not tell me if the package had been shipped. Really???!!! What personal information is someone giving me when I have already had 3 conversations with them saying to ship the package again or credit the account.

When asking for a manager, I am told that MARK is the manager. I said "how about your supervisor" and he says, "I am the supervisor." I said "oh so you don't have a boss. You are the top dog at all of Fingerhut." And he said "I am the one that received the call!" What a pack of non customer oriented people. Once this is straight they will not have to worry about us buying another thing from them. IDIOTS!!! Everyone that I spoke with in the last 3 conversations, were all completely oblivious to what the customer was asking!!!

I ordered 1 item from Fingerhut, was disappointed with item, and returned it immediately. I paid for returned item to be returned, called Fingerhut and informed them of returned item. Since then they have been charging me for returned item, late fees, and blowing up my phone. I have never received any products from this consumer and they are a waste of time. I have called and spoken with 5 people on separate occasions to get them to understand that item was returned, and I don't owe them a penny. This company is a big disappointment, charge too high for items that you can buy in Walmart a lot cheaper, keep charging you interest even when you haven't received any items from them, and Customer Service is a joke. They should be shut down and closed. Don't waste your time ordering from them. You'll regret it.

First off I am a member of Fingerhut since 2009 and the sales and customer service DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT AM I SAYING. They don't speak English and don't understand English!!! In 2014 Fingerhut charged me $70 twice in my bank account. Then they refunded me. But today is 10/18/2016 they did it again... And now I am getting bank fees from them because they overdrew my account! Now the fees are $70 for overdrawing my account twice. Today I called them and I said "Give me my money back, and give me all the money that I paid in interest, that totals up to $3120!!!!" The customer service agent said "We can't do that." And I said "I need to speak your supervisor ASAP. Like now!!!" But they said that "All supervisor agents are busy and will call you back in the next day."

Then I told them "If they don't comply with my demand, then I will file a lawsuit against your company ×20 the amount of which I paid and they will talk to my attorney!!!" And I told them that they have to call me at 10:30 am. If not I will call back and tell them one more time so I can speak to their supervisor and if the same process goes again... I will say "Talk to my attorney." Now everyone DO NOT GET FINGERHUT!!! THEY WILL SCREW YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!! And don't even think about joining them... I am trying to help!! Please understand. Thank you.

At first it seemed like a really good idea, of buying something we needed and approved credit. I am on a retired disabled fixed income. They just called me telling me my payment was overdue and told me to give them a payment. Since I get paid monthly and have a payment schedule and have made in the very least the minimum payments and have paid them every single month; it confused me. I told her that I wasn't able to pay today but if she wanted to make a payment for me to feel free. She began her spiel on how much I could pay today, I hung up the phone. Then I went to the website to see my account status. It's NOT late, the payment is due tomorrow!

Why would a company call demanding payment when in fact, it's not even overdue, let alone due? A company in trouble. I will continue making my monthly payments but I will never buy anything from them again. They are one company I still receive a thick catalog from about every month to two months, telling me what a good customer I am. They shove it down your throat. Just a rude company that preys upon their customers.

I thought that Fingerhut may be a good way to build my credit slowly and with minimal payments. After 4 phone calls, two hits on my credit and still no results, I have decided that nothing they sell is worth my time, effort, or money. Do some research before you do anything with them.

I killed my credit by not using it. Years ago I was doing my taxes and realized how much money I was wasting on interest. I paid off everything, including my home and quit using my credit. Bad idea! Turns out no credit may be worse than bad credit! I had to buy a stupid Credit card. Besides the annual fee And ridiculous interest rate, my "deposit" was my credit limit. You know the drill. Fingerhut came along, I ordered a leather jacket. It arrived fast! Price wasn't bad for the quality and I had another account on my credit report. A few months later they raised my limit. I've bought several items in the past few years, all but one have been outstanding. OK the prices are slightly higher in some cases but the service is outstanding. The one item I didn't like was returned and credited without issue. They paid return shipping!

My credit limit is somewhere between $3500 - $4000.00 now and really boosted my credit score. All I did was buy a few things I liked and make the payments on time. Pretty simple concept. Here is a good trick I learned... When you open a credit account do NOT pay it off for at least 6 months. Then make sure you use it on occasion! You can even pay in full when the bill comes to avoid wasting money on interest. I don't know why but a zero balance on everything actually lowers your score. The magic number seems to be around 20% of your limit. NEVER miss a payment or be late! In a few short years you will be back on top.

Anyway Fingerhut has been good to me, good products & great service. Because of them I got several credit offers in the mail, now my score is over 700 and the only factors hurting me are "number of accounts" and "age of credit history". Still with over 700, I can buy anything I can afford without getting screwed on interest rates. You should see that too many complaints here stem from not making payments on time. Then people act surprised when things fall apart. Read the reviews and look for the patterns that emerge. Is it really the company at fault?

I have a Fingerhut account that has not been used for purchases since 2015. I have been making payments on time each month with the exception of two when I was ill and in the hospital. Being the responsible person I am, I called Fingerhut and told customer service that my payments would be late but would be there. I doubled up on two payments. I then went to use the account for a purchase in October 2016, an error warning came up telling me my account status was "under review." I called Fingerhut and I was told that due to the missed or late payments my account is going to be lowered or frozen.

I have a credit block on my credit reports so if Fingerhut tried to use one of the major reporting bureaus I would have to be contacted first. When I called into Fingerhut and explained the situation, I had my account payment history open on my computer. I was transferred to three departments between the second and the third, I do not know if the customer service representative knew the line was still open but she used some very colorful language in reference to my call. I never felt so angry in my life dealing with this company. And to top it off, the customer service representative I called from the hospital never noted anything in the computer about me be out ill and in the hospital. Horrible, horrible customer service.

What a mistake ordering from Fingerhut. They charge you super high shipping costs and never give free shipping only on your first order. They're a joke. Stay away from this company. Their products are usually a bit more but to get credit you figure well this is what I need to do but they could give some breaks on shipping costs, but they don't. Stay away from them. Their finance charges are extreme also. I paid $53.96 for one order and $49.96 for the second order and they were shipped to a 4 year old address and blamed me for the mistake. I had to drive 35.5 miles to the UPS office to pick my orders up or take the chance of them being delivered to an old address. They blamed me for the address mistake but I had ordered before and got all my orders to my home address and not a 4 year old address.

I have become a credit score junkie. After looking into one of my credit reports, I was recommended to use Fingerhut Freshstart as one to get revolving credit. Boy did I get screwed!! I had order two items from this program and was told one was on back order, which was fine. I didn't realize it was a one-time order and was told that after this was paid off on time (8 mos) that they would review my account and see if I would graduated to the advantage plan. WHAT? Okay fine!! Well I made my down payment when I was suppose to and sent an additional $20 thinking that what was due on my account screen. I later get a letter saying I didn't meet the requirements, that I had only ordered less than $50 purchase. Not true! With the 2nd item on back order it was a total of $150. After numerous calls to the company and speaking to folks that didn't speak my language too well, conversation barrier!! I became pissed!!

Now after 6 weeks they decide to send off my microwave and keeping telling me that I have to start a new account with another down payment to even be consider for advancement. I already have one account that I was never late and now they want me to open a second and order more stuff. I stayed on the phone with this company for 2 hours, and all I got out of it was talking to several different people, me repeating the same information, and them canceling my microwave!! This company sucks period!! Now I have to worry about my credit reports. Don't know if they are going to demand a payment for something they cancelled!! BUYER BEWARE!!

I ordered a bookshelf from Fingerhut nearly two months ago. Since then I've had over six calls and or emails to customer service as I only received 1/2 of the boxes that contained the necessary pieces for me to assemble the shelf I bought. I was told by the first three representatives that they would make arrangements for me to either be sent a box (as the original box was destroyed in shipping and is not of average size) or be able to send the item back without a box. The last time I spoke to a representative I was told that they would not be sending a box nor would they be accepting the item back loose nor would they be sending the other half of the item.

I was forwarded to a customer service manager's voicemail and told that I would be given a call back within one business day. It has now been over a week (5 business days) and I still have not been given any sort of suitable resolution. I was told that I could get 10% off the item as a resolution and that was the best they could do for me. It's not right that I'm expected to pay for an item that is not usable and never has been because of a shipping error on their part. I have half a bookshelf and have for about two months now and continue to get the run around.

I have been with Fingerhut over a year. Never had any problems as of yet. They started me off with $180 credit limit and as of today I'm at $2100. They give me a credit line increase every other month or close to it. I make the purchase then I sign up for auto pay. They have helped my credit score jump up to where now. I have 3 Capital One cards and over 30 department store cards. Any time I have had any problems they have assisted me. Yes I got 1 late fee but I paid it ‘cause I was late making the payment. So after that I set up auto pay, to avoid interest. Just pay off the balance before the due date. Thanks Fingerhut for helping me go from a 380 -700 credit score. You helped me when everyone else said no.

When I first signed up with Fingerhut I enjoyed that I was able to buy products and pay monthly and they have assisted me with my credit report. But now. I have payments for Christmas gifts. My monthly payment was short by $2.45 that is right, two dollars and forty-five cents, and Fingerhut has been blowing up my work phone, my cell phone, and probably any phone every hour about two dollars. I have been a customer for over 6 years and spent I can't even count the amount of money with them. After my lawyer checks out why they are calling me like this and I pay that bill off I will never NEVER EVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN. NO I am not lying. This is the number on my phone every hour 866-625-7281 and after I asked the lady not to call me again she hangs up on me.

I have never dealt with Fingerhut in my life but know a lot of people that do. I know that about half of them will absolutely discontinue with this company when they know what went on today with this, what should have been a simple request. I have been trying to cancel my deceased daughter's account. Sent an email over two weeks ago and got the automatic response that I would hear back within 24 business hours. Haven't heard squat and did I mention that it has been over two weeks. Today I decide to call and get it done. Took 5 phone calls. I must have dialed the wrong number (the one on the back of the Fingerhut Advantage Card that says "Customer service 1-800-208-2500" is not the correct one). So the girl I am talking to and trying to understand says she needs to transfer me to...wait for it...customer service. 20 minutes on hold and finally someone answers. OOPs wrong customer service.

He transfers me again but actually cuts me off. I call back and get another girl. She starts talking and all of a sudden all I hear is that I have been randomly selected to do a quick survey. If you don't want to take the survey it hangs up. By the way I heard this every time I called or got transferred. Did not want to take your stupid survey. Anyway I call back again with the exact same result. She starts talking and then the survey thing is back. Again it hangs up because I wouldn't do the survey. Call back again and I am fuming. Did get a lady that I could understand and explained the situation to her and of course I am still hot as hell and she tells me that she is a mother and she understands. Well that's all it took I went off on her like nobody's business telling her that she doesn't understand unless she tragically lost her child in a house fire. Anyway after another call I got some guy that took care of what I was trying for two weeks to get done.

He said he needed a copy of the death certificate so I ask for a fax number or email. He apparently has no email so got the fax number. Got two pages ready and loaded into the fax machine, dialed the number and sat back with a big sigh of relief, thinking that I was finally done with this one. Guess what, phone rang like 20 times with no answer. I thought maybe it was busy so I waited a few minutes and redialed. Again the same result. After trying for a third time I decided if they need this certificate they can call me and make arrangements. I don't care if they ever get it now because I have done all I can do. Decided to call one more time because now I WANT to take their survey. Takes about 2 minutes they say. Rate the questions on a 1 - 5 scale with one being highly dissatisfied and 5 being completely satisfied.

Already I knew that wasn't going to work because highly dissatisfied don't even come close to what I was feeling after dealing with the people I dealt with this morning. I now have their "contact us" page saved as a favorite and plan on send something every day until I hear back from someone that will actually help me. If I were you I would most definitely think twice about dealing with this outfit. Just read a few reviews and that will tell you what you need to know.

Been waiting on the phone for 40 minutes so far. No one picked up yet. They debited my account twice for the wrong amount. Put it back in and took it back out the next day. Can't get anyone to help me. Never buy from them again.

Fingerhut ripped me off. I order 3 pair of boots that don't fit and the return was credited $5.00 to my account. Now I am being charged $158.00. This is unreal, unjust, unconstitutional and un-American.

I bought an XBOX1 from this company and not too much longer after I received it, the console died. I asked Fingerhut to allow me to send it back to them and replace it since XBOX's corporate wouldn't help me. They denied helping me and furthermore, the email I received was rude and unprofessional. I cancelled my account immediately and paid the entire balance off. 9 of my friends have cancelled their accounts and 5 others will never use them. STAY AWAY!!!

First the product I bought was faulty. Wasn't the first time. But worse than that was when they took 2 payments and I didn't authorize but one payment a month. This caused my bank account to have insufficient funds which caused a overdraft fee which caused another insufficient funds transaction which caused another insufficient fund. Domino affect. You get the picture. After I pay them off, I'll not deal with them again. Tired of million dollar companies ripping off customers. The amount isn't worth going to court. But it was a devastating blow to my disability income.

Payment center down when payment due. So time for my last two payments. Go to make my payment the night before my payment is due. I am gave a message after entering my card info "Due to inclement weather your payment cannot be processed, please call back at a later time". Ok cool, call the morning of the due date... same thing. Same thing happens that night of the due date & on Sunday am and pm. So I get a call at 8am on the dot telling me Im past due I now owe a late fee of so & so. I tell them I tried calling explained the situation and asked how this would affect my credit as now it's Monday. Two days after I am due. They said it WOULD negatively impact me as all late payments do but would see if they could waive the late fee.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none were available and that we needed to proceed with my payment. I responded and got put on hold for 25+ mins. I hung up as I was getting my daughter to her sitter. Once I got settled at work I called and spent four hours of my life asking for a supervisor getting transferred and explaining the situation over and over. I was even told I did not call and try to make my payment this weekend. Never once have I ever been late so the accusation is bogus!! Buyer beware.

I bought a LED TV from Fingerhut last December. Hooked it up to Dish Network and 2 weeks ago I suddenly lost the connection. All I got was a "No Signal" message on all 3 HDMI ports. I was able to get a connection through AV input but I lose about half my channel because AV doesn't support a hi-def signal.

Anyway, I called Fingerhut because the TV is under warranty and they told me to call a company called A and E to have the TV repaired.

I called A and E and they told me the TV was under warranty but I'd have to call RCA to schedule repairs. I called RCA and the repair guy showed up yesterday. He checked the set out and said that the board would have to be replaced, and that it would cost me $115, due then. He said he would then order the board and replace it when it came in. I explained that the set was under warranty and he said his "information" showed that I purchased it in December 2012, so it was out of warranty. I showed him the label on the TV that showed the set was manufactured in September, 2015 and he said the serial number indicated that it was sold in December 2012.

So I refused to pay and called Fingerhut back. They said that there was nothing that they could do because they don't service what they sell. I asked about getting a replacement for the defective set and they said that that was not their policy. So I told them that I had a policy too: I don't make payments on crap that doesn't work. So we'll see what happens from here.

So I initially applied for Fingerhut credit about a year ago or so. I started off with a 300 credit limit. Bought some stuff, was making my payments on time and of course more than the minimum payment, a few months ago I got. Credit increase to $600.00 dollars. Hadn't use any of it since my first purchase. Wanted to pay off my account in full first before buying something else. So finally paid off for my entire account in full. And then about 2 weeks later I tried to purchase something and they declined my purchase. WTF. They said I had to contact credit services because my account was under a credit review. I'm like ok? I was like well maybe they will increase my credit since I've paid off my acct and made my payments on time.

So it was already too late to contact them because they were close already. So I had to contact them the next day. And they said they will send me a letter with their decisions on the credit review, and said they could not disclose any information over the phone. So I checked my account last night and it reflected a available credit of $100.00 dollars. I was like WTF? I guess if you don't use their available credit when they want you to they decrease it. That's just pretty ** stupid to me. Whatever. I'm not too happy with this company and their practices. So I will be calling them on Monday and closing my account.

I had ordered an iCoffee DaVinci Single Serve coffee machine on March 1 2016. I only had it three months and it would not work. I contacted Fingerhut and the person sent me out a return label. I sent it back and had not heard anything so I emailed them. Their response was that a letter was sent to me that it was being returned to me and they cannot accept the return of the product due to the length of time it was purchase. I emailed them back that I never received any letter and I do not want a broken coffee maker that I only used for three month. That they better sent me a new one or refund me my money. Their response back to me was that they received my email and regarding a similar issue hope that your questions have been answer and resolved. They have not been resolved as they never sent me a new one and I have not received even back the broken one they said they sent back.

I've been with Fingerhut for over 2 years. I like that it has helped me build my credit... I've gotten two credit raises in the last 2 years. I pay on time and never buy more than I can handle. I've overpaid on so many things it isn't funny but the way I saw it, I didn't have the money to pay full price so I just put it on credit. Well, I absolutely hate their shipping fees, it's absolutely ridiculous. They overcharge on shipping, so anytime I look for deals with them, I look in the clearance section ONLY when they are offering free shipping. Well the last 4 times that they offered free shipping, I was conveniently locked out of my account and then when I tried the day after I was able to get it.

This time really pissed me off so I called the customer service and she told me that there are several versions of Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer that don't work due to an update in March!!! However, my argument here is that I'm able to log in the day before the sale and the day after the sale but never during the "FREE SHIPPING" time... It's frustrating and I don't understand it at all. So when I called to ask for the free shipping that I wasn't able to get the last two days, she asked me what products I wanted and they were already gone... I just don't like their business practices. I will be paying my balance off and I'm done with them for good. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the sale deals that YOU advertised!!! It's ridiculous... I'm done!!!

Fingerhut Company Profile