3.8/5 (697 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

The items are not worth the price they charge. They constantly threaten to ruin credit history even when all payments are up to date to try and force you to pay more or pay off for the expensive garbage they push on people. Attorney General's Office needs to investigate these scammers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I had lost my job and Christmas was coming. They kept sending me books to use the Freddy card, the credit card to order so I placed a big order close to $1,000 for Christmas gifts. My granddaughter wanted a certain color dip polish. They shorted me it would be here before Christmas and it was but it was the wrong color. Christmas came and went. She was very upset she didn't get the dip color polish that she wanted. I assured her they were sending the right one are we ordered it second time wrong, third time wrong. I had to finally go out and spend triple in the mall to get the colors that she wanted. I will never order from them again. And to be honest I don't even want to pay them for the stuff I did get. But it will only affect my credit. If you're out there and want to order from Fingerhut do not. They are the worst company. They assure you that they're going to send the right merchandise but they do not.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

I have had my account at Fingerhut for 3 years and 4 months and have never made a late payment! I get offers to increase my credit often but never use it. This Christmas my sister asked me to buy her daughter a computer on it for her gift so I called Fingerhut and spoke to a customer service agent, a nice gentleman to make sure it would process okay since we were in different states. He assured me it would since I gave her all of my information to do this. I have attached proof that on December 14 I had available credit of $1,638.00 which was a temporary increased that I had to use by that day. It was rejected so I called customer service back. He sent me an email verifying the order was processed. I assumed all was in order and went about my life.

My sister calls me crying on Christmas Eve because my account shows nothing about this order. It is not even listed. Thankfully we took pictures of it. I called Fingerhut customer service and spoke to Len for about an hour with no resolve and then with her supervisor, Ellen with no resolve. Neither could tell me why this transaction was cancelled. I am closing my account and you have lost a VERY GOOD CUSTOMER! Thank you for ruining my niece's Christmas and anyone out there should know that YOU CAN NOT TRUST FINGERHUT!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Bought a Luminox watch from Fingerhut, Luminox refused repair service due to finger hut not being a auth dealer. Finger hut cares less and would not refund or replace, this is outright consumer fraud! Selling a product they have no right to sell. Do not do business with Fingerhut.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Ok so the comments about the 2nd account... We were told of the change in a few ways. Mail, emails, on our profiles and messages on the website. And no... No one over there just took your info and opened a new account. No. They were changing their name and their system. So that random new account isn't a strange odd questionable account... It's a legit thing they did to all Fingerhut credit account holders - for legit reasons. Not for some sketchy stuff no.

I will say... I really don't care for this at the moment because now we have 2 accounts... And they are making us make 2 separate payments to BOTH accounts every month. That's not cool - for those struggling - that not ok. That's all I will say there. Overall experience is 3ish... Overpriced indeed... But just shop wisely. Grab what you are willing to pay more and avoid the rest.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

They allowed someone to open an account with my information! I had no idea I had an account until they turned me over to the 3 credit rating departments. They were not willing to help me at all. They replaced block buster video and are ruining a lot of people's credit.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Fingerhut/WEBBANK/Fetti: I submitted interest in rebuilding my credit with this company early summer 2021. They ran a hard credit check on my credit, opened an account. Less than a year later, I noticed there’s a 2nd account open from Fingerhut - they send a letter saying everything is fine and they’re doing a merger and it will change nothing as far as accounts go. However, without being notified of this process the ‘old’ account disappeared and a new one sprang up in its place - not only that, but Fingerhut ran a 2nd hard check on my credit when they opened the “new” (post-merger) customer account.

There was not a notification, no attempt at communication, no telling the consumer exactly what this “merger” would actually look like in real-time for their account status. Perhaps, most importantly, Fingerhut neglected to reach the consumer about how their credit (that they/we were working so hard to rebuild) would also take a hit from 2 hard checks in the span of under one calendar year. There needs to be a very serious legal conversation with Fingerhut. This has affected so many people. Look at the comments here, find even more on other consumer reporting sites. At the minimum, it’s unfair business practice.

Many people that have used Fingerhut to build credit post pandemic have made great efforts to manage their financial past and future. It’s very concerning that Fingerhut would engage in what seems to be secretive practices, there’s not another word for it. Very frustrating for those of us that actively engaging in rebuilding their credit and people deserve more than that from Fingerhut, especially when they’re playing an active role in their finances - quite literally renewing their financial credibility - after a long two years of very significant global financial uncertainty.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I order the above 18” Ceramic Christmas Tree & It arrived to me broken at the base/lights didn’t work/whole base was not even attached to tree (which explains why the base is broken). **See Attached Pictures ** I was told I would be responsible for the shipping charges to return broken one as well as shipping charges to get new one.-?? I don’t understand why a customer is responsible for the return charges when it arrived damaged & I immediately reached out to customer service (within 15 min of delivery). And then to get a new one that hopefully isn’t damaged as well I have to pay shipping charges to get it to me again.-!!! I mean seriously.-!!

Now if it was my fault I get it but it wasn’t my fault but this company apparently feels like they're not already overpricing the items by 200% they try to nickel & dime you to death… I sent messaged them back telling them to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.. I know not all of us have credit to get things other places but I promise you this will turn out to be WAY MORE PROBLEMATIC than it’s worth so do yourself a favor & steer clear of FingerHut.-! I was mistaken when I thought if you purchased a item that costs $115 that it would come to you with working lights & NOT DAMAGED

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I bought two TVs. One was perfectly fine, the other tv screen was all messed up straight out of the box. I called and tried to get it exchanged. Was told there was nothing they could do which frankly is **. I have been a loyal customer for years, never missed payments and to treat me like they did was disgusting so I will probably never buy again from Fingerhut. I will pay my remaining balance and they can shove their ** where the sun don't shine. This tv was for my child and I have to not only pay for a broken tv, I can't use but had to go buy a new one so my child was happy. Great job Fingerhut customer service, y'all are straight disgusting!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Joined to build credit. Never used it due to high prices. One day they up & closed the account and opened a different account w/o my authorization. The closed account dinged my credit and so did the new account, as it lowered my age of credit. So upsetting! I would not recommend Fingerhut.

Fingerhut Company Information