Fingerhut

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a personalized necklace from the site for a total cost of $112.00. After wearing the necklace only two times I noticed it was very weak in construction despite being sterling silver. Needless to say it broke even though I stopped wearing it and stored it in its original box while trying to reach out to customer service. After three attempts to return the item I was finally sent a return label. Unfortunately I was denied a credit or refund due to "unreasonable and excessive wear." I wore the necklace TWICE. I was also notified that they will be disposing of the necklace and that I still owe them $54.00.

I ordered a TV stand for my son. My payments were $6.99 a month. For 4 months I paid $25. My payment of $6.99 was due yesterday. Between yesterday and today I received 8 emails and 7 phone calls wanting my payment. I was going to wait till next week when I got paid to pay another $25. Mind you I only owed $34 total. So I talked to a lady this morning and she said it didn't matter if I overpaid each month by over triple the amount owed. I still had to pay the $6.99. They charged me almost $10 because it is 1 day overdue. So, I paid off the $43 that was owed and told them to close my account. After they argued with me I said "Close it now!" It's paid off. I am done with you people! So my advice, don't use this to boost your credit because if you are 1 day late they send negative info to your credit report. This company is a crook!

Well first off I ordered an iPhone 6s from Fingerhut. I've waited now like to two-and-a-half. 3 weeks the package finally showed up through UPS SurePost and when I open the package all there was inside the box was a piece of bubble wrap and no iPhone 6s. Package was never tampered with during shipping so it was done at the shipper. Now trying to convince Fingerhut that they did not put the product I ordered in the Box before shipping. It is like pulling teeth. It's like you say they say. I am very disappointed. I've already made payments towards the phone on my account and now it sounds like I'm still going to be responsible for what's left even though I didn't, never receive the phone.

I've never had problems with Fingerhut before until now. They use an outside source for their cell phones so they're saying it's not their fault but they won't give you the outside source that they get their cell phones from so you can contact them to let them know I am so angry at this moment. I will never do business with Fingerhut ever again. Then I'm also contacting and filing a complaint with my AG office in my state that I live in and I'm also in contacting my lawyer and filing a lawsuit against Fingerhut. There wasn't even an invoice in the Box but my account has been charged and I have made payments towards it to get the payments down and it sounding like I'm out the payments and still have to pay for the phone even though I never received it. The photos below is what I received

I have had a Fingerhut account now for about a year. At first I thought it was a great idea because of the monthly payments. They said that I would have no late fees and I could even get help if I was to lose my job or any form of income that they would be able to stop my account for a while until I was working again or being able to make payments again. I was allowed $700 of credit from them. I used up to 600 some. I lost my job for a couple of months and applied for the leniency, and was denied. Then I was charged late fees that I was not aware that even existed. When I first signed up they claimed there were none, then when I talk to them on the phone they said it would be no more than maybe $5. I owe about $47 a month on my account and my late fees are up to about $38. All the sudden there's nothing I can do about it.

Again I owed about $690 total on my total account, I paid off up to the point where I had about maybe 400 left, now my account is almost at $900! And there is nothing I can do about it. I'm trying to get a hold of a credit card that maybe can consolidate my debt but I cannot be approved of one yet because I have just started working for my job maybe a month-and-a-half ago. They will not stop with the late fees. They will not stop charging me, I'm paying like three times more for everything that I bought from them and they were not sent to me with quality either. One of the things was a video game that I accidentally ordered the wrong one and I could not even return it to him and it was an $80 video game that I'm now paying for that I have no use for!

This company is an absolute nightmare. I opened an account and placed an order for an item. The site stated that because my address was a PO Box that the item may not ship to me, to update my address to a physical address. I could not do so online with a first order and had to call in, initially not a big deal. The customer service agent I spoke with said there was no need to update the address, the item absolutely could go to a P.O. Box and thus did not update my address. 5 days after the order was placed, I finally receive a call and an email stating that I HAVE to update my address to a physical address or the item will NOT ship.

Okay, tried to call in and the agent said that I could not update the address on my account, that she would send a message to the vendor to relay the change of shipping address to USPS... What?? I pushed further and the agent finally said that they could change the address IF I went through 4 random generated questions to verify my identity. The first question was about a distant relative I have no contact with and I could not answer, thus my identity could not be verified. Yet I gave you my DOB and SSN without issue and that wasn't enough?

I finally told the agent that I just wanted to cancel my order and be done with it. The agent took it upon herself to close my entire account!!! Are you kidding me?! You lowered my credit score with an inquiry AND adding a new account to my credit report just to close it out 5 days later? Evidently now I need to wait 7 days to receive a decision about whether or not they will reopen my brand new account OR make me reapply again. This company is an absolute joke and should be avoided at all costs, especially if you value your credit score.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

First off I want to say that I know Fingerhut is in the business of making money. I get that, but Jesus age Christ! I have been looking at this iPad Pro 9.7 inch version (older model). They are charging $830 bucks before tax for the 32GB version. I checked this same model out on Amazon and other stores, and you can get the 32GB version for $420 bucks. Fingerhut is charging DOUBLE the price everyone else is charging AND since your financing with their high-interest-rate, you're paying even more than that. Now the newer model of the iPad Pro is out and it's a 10.5 inch model with way more upgrades and better performance, but even it still costs less that a discontinued model from Fingerhut.

Now for the phone calls. It never fails. Almost 2 weeks before my bill is due I get calls every day from Fingerhut and they leave messages saying they have an urgent message about my account. The first time I called them back to see what was wrong they said they were just reminding me that my bill was due soon and if I would like to go ahead and pay it since we were on the phone already. I cursed that woman out. You don't hassle someone over their bill 2 weeks before the due date. Needless to say I blocked their number.

I decided to order my mom a pair of Sperry Topsiders. I ordered an 11 - as they do not come in half sizes after 9.5 - and to our surprise, they were too big. I completed the return form and had the shoes shipped the very next day (5/24/17). I waited... and waited... and waited (apparently, this process takes anywhere from 10-15 business days). The 15 day mark came and went, so I decided to call Fingerhut to see if I could get any semblance of an answer. Instead, I was told that they had "never received my package, and it was likely stolen in transit", and without any kind of return slip (which I sent back to them) they couldn't help me. I was out the $70 and I wouldn't be receiving another pair, if I chose to, I was more than welcome to fill out an "affidavit" and send it in for the investigation to open, and, if they decided it was so worthy, maybe... just maybe, they'd do something about the issue.

The woman on the other end was rude, hateful, and proceeded to decide our conversation was over - at least, she was over the conversation - so she rattled off a "Thank you for choosing Fingerhut. Goodbye!" and hung up on me. I filled out the affidavit, and sent it in not once, but twice only to be told that without my shipping receipt, they "were unable to proceed". This - again - was the slip is SENT IN with the product. I did a little investigating and finally came about a return delivery tracker and to my surprise, the shoes had arrived at Fingerhut's Warren, PA (#16368) facility at 6:00 pm on June 2nd. I sent this information in (a copy of the return receipt, thanks to UPS) and a screenshot of the tracking info. I called, and - of course, they see I'm right - or so I was assured, but after this call and these emails, I'm still not holding my breath on a resolution. The customer service is abhorrent - all this trouble is NOT worth the convenience.

My mother passed away 2 months ago, and I'm settling her affairs, she had an account with Fingerhut with a very small balance but I had to contact them to notify them of her passing and get the information I needed. The lady I spoke to was very nice at first, apologized for my loss etc. She gave me a hard time in reference to an address on where to send her D.C, but I finally got it and I asked her whom do I send it attention to. She said just Fingerhut and she said nothing else but the death certificate was necessary which I thought was crazy because every other card holder I called had me send it to a specific department who handles the closing of cases etc. So I then asked what the policy is when people pass away. She said, "I don't know ma'am. I can't give you that information at this time." I said I wasn't looking for specific account information I already had that all just an answer to their policy.

She began telling me how I'm a 3rd party and that they can't give out account information to 3rd parties. I began to get very upset at this point because it's already emotional when I'm 23 and my mother is gone and I am the one handling all her affairs but I simply asked the lady how them telling me a policy the company holds is specific account information. I want to know your policy not her account number, not her balance nothing that only contains to her but the company policy on what happens when people pass. The manager even got on the phone after I requested her transfer me 5 times and she finally huffed and puffed and got him.

Took 45 minutes on hold for him to answer and I told him the same thing and he said, "You're a 3rd party, you have to wait to send us the death certificate." I said "Sir, the death certificate tells you she died. Just like me it doesn't tell you anything less so why can't you say what your policy is." He said, "We aren't allowed to tell 3rd parties." So I wound up hanging up because everyone was rude and contradicting themselves by saying that they couldn't inform a 3rd party of someone else's case but after they receive her death certificate I can call back and "try" to get my questions answered then.

Well Fingerhut obviously doesn't want my mother's $167 dollars and they won't get it either. Seriously recommend never get anything from this company! They don't even understand or know half their rules and regulations. I had no issue finding out the other credit card company's or medical companies etc. policies following a death so that the family can arrange these things! Outrageous.

I am paying for $1758.98 from 11/26/2015 and currently I still have to pay this amount $1409.24. Something is not right. Fingerhut is a scam, customer service does not answer my questions I need help with this company. I am paying for this order more than two years ago ** 11/20/2015. I sent this order back and nobody knows where it is.

This company is the worse company to try and build credit. My CC number changed, I called and changed them with it. The rep did not apply the auto-pay back on. And I went 1 day late. I called them to rectify the situation and explained the rep did not place back on. Why would I go back in there and add it for 8 dollars for just change CC. They TRIED to ruin my credit for $8.00. I say run from them do not use them at all...

Fingerhut charges way too much in interest. Even when you are a (great customer), their term, they never even offer to lower your interest rate. They also mark up the products they sell way too much. Just look up the prices of the products they sell elsewhere and you'll see what I mean. Their customer service people are all in a foreign country and are of no help. They offer (temporary credit line increases) that will only become permanent if you buy more stuff and remain in debt to them. They claim to offer sitewide discounts but look at the disclaimer to find out that most stuff on their site isn't included in the discounts. And if you chose the (no payments until) scam they sometimes offer you will find out you will be paying interest on the product until payments start. That's just a way for them to make even more money off of you. Seriously, you are better off saving your money until you can afford to purchase items outright.

The customer service is horrible! I ordered my item in May and they never sent the item. Each day I called they gave me the runaround, then they did not want to accommodate me in any way! Items are already overpriced, this was a Father's Day gift and I ordered it in weeks in advance. Some of the people could not barely speak or understand English... I am pissed and advise all not to patronize this company!

My grandmother ordered a tablet from this company and returned it. When she attempted to confirm her return, she received minimal assistance and in one case was even hung up on. We eventually reached someone to assist us with this issue, but they too had a poor engagement with us - using sharp tones of voice and were impatient. This company needs to train its representatives on how to deal with elderly customers, which I'm sure is a big part of their consumer base. My grandmother will not be shopping there again.

I had the account awhile and my credit limit went up to 1500 and I was late 2 days for the first time and they took my limit down to 400. When I ask why they said credit score changed but I only got a letter after I called. Seem they would just not give me another increase instead of dropping it, customer service wasn't any help. One person told me to talk to someone else. Talk to 3 people before I got a answer.

So I applied for a Fingerhut card and I had no problem with the application however I recently moved so they sent me an email request to show I actually lived there. Sent my electric bill they stated that it didn't show my correct address in an email so I called and that is where everything went wrong. I spoke with a lady who told me I didn't fill out the credit app correctly. She then preceded to scream at me telling me that it was not her fault I couldn't fill out a simple credit app. Believe it if you will, but I maintained my temper and asked her to stop speaking to me in a negative and unprofessional way. I then told her not to worry I really didn't need the card anyway. I can always put what I want on my discover or amex card. I even told her to have a great day not to worry about it. This even made her more aggravated.

My credit score is in the 700's and to top it off the address was an address from 3 years ago. My computer fills out my info automatically, it's a new computer. I have no idea where it came from but even further more a very nice guy called me a few days before and confirmed that my info was correct and informed me that he was sending me an email and send the info he requested, it showed correct on his but not hers. Hmmm (Don't do business. It's a blessing I saw this side of them before I opened this account).

I opened a fresh start account. My credit increased due to opening a new account. Great! After paying off my items with every payment being 10 days early they closed and reopening a new fresh start account. Closing accounts decreased my credit by more points than the opening of a new account in the first place.

Husband and I both have accounts, I pay at same time with one check and both payment stubs enclosed in envelope. They call me every time I use one check to make payment and say I didn't make my payment, then charge late charge. Clearly it is marked on the check and both payment stubs are included. I do not always have the extra check that month to send, but regardless it is paid every month, I can't wait till all accounts are paid and I will be DONE with this company!!!

I've never in my life experience anything like this. Y'all need to have training on your employees. I was going to use my card yesterday but I got disrespected by one of your employees. I tried to order a patio set but the lady had told me it cost 175 but I was telling her the book I'm looking at states the patio cost 164. She said, "We don't go by that. It's probably old." I said, "It's not old. The book states Spring 2017." Do y'all know she hung up on me!!! When I called back I ask to speak to a manager by another employee. They hung up, too. So guess what? I'm closing my account. It's not about what you, it's How you Do It!!! Remember that!!!

Fingerhut is great. My credit has improved and I love the merchandise I bought. My one complaint is that their shipping processes is a little slow, 10 day average which I guess isn't that big a deal to me but some may cry about it. Anyways, good company.

Fingerhut sent me a broken lawnmower. They knew this was broken, because the broken parts (broken pieces of wheel well that hold wheel in place) were sealed in the bag with the owner's manual and other parts (oil for the mower that comes with it) were not in the box at all. They sent me a return, an over 500 dollar (after 70 dollars shipping), over 100-pound return. I called FH immediately as I had family coming the next day from out of town. A). I needed to do the lawn before they got here. B). The box was extremely large and taking up the space needed for guests to sleep. Regardless of the issues of trying to tape back up an over 100-pound lawnmower into a box and the supplies necessary to buy to do this as best I could, I spoke to two people (including a supervisor) within an hour of receipt who basically just said there was nothing anyone could do but start the return process, which I assumed they did.

I then wrote to Customer Service online to express my frustration with the entire experience, since the phone customer service people were rude and unhelpful. I got a generic response that it "sounds like we took care of this for you." On Monday, when UPS does a delivery (from Amazon) and does not take the box, I call again. I get another phone rep who says the return process was never started. She says she will start the process, which the label has to be mailed and will take 7-10 days to complete. I apparently am expected to store their broken product for 7-10 (more) days in a box that 2 adults can fit into.

She also reiterates (as the first 2 agents I spoke with said) that if I leave it outside and it gets taken, I owe them for this broken lawnmower they sent me and I could never even use. She says she doesn't know why it was never done and, again, there's nothing she can do about it. She has, supposedly, started this return process now, although I'm not convinced. In the meantime, they still show me owing them almost 600 dollars. That is the status so far. Avoid this company at all costs!

Fingerhut is a scam... Just as bad as predatory payday loan lenders... I ordered 2 packs of batteries, $14 each pack. After ridiculous shipping I paid over $50, FOR BATTERIES... Then ordered two SD cards... $8 shipping for something the size of a stamp!!! These people are a joke... Thank God I have great credit now and don't need their scams anymore... We paid triple the minimum payment every month so they kept increasing credit limit. But required us to buy several hundred dollars worth of items to keep the limit to what it was raised to... Haha, that wasn't happening... Obviously we're not the only customers they are losing... Keep up the mob way of doing business and y'all won't be around much longer!!!

This has got to be the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. I have NEVER missed one payment in the two - three years I've been with this company until, today. I am ONE day late and just made my payment. ALL DAY yesterday while I am at work I received not 4, not 5 but 6 phone calls advising me that my payment was due on that day and they had not yet received it. I spoke with a manager who was extremely rude and hung up on me.

NOW, today I am sick as all hell and am relaxing and have received 9 phone calls from 9 am up until this time. YOU GUYS ARE THAT CONCERNED ABOUT A $29.99 PAYMENT??? This is the worst company ever and I have reached out to corporate and will be getting a call back. This is the most ridiculous company ever. They say it's great for building credit. That's a joke. The interest is almost double for this company. Look at the prices here and then go compare it to any other store and it's at least 35% markup. SUCH A RIP OFF!!!

Overpriced. They charge 2-3+ times the retail value of products. I never really paid much attention to it when I first signed up but now I am just in shock. I wanted to order my daughter a graduation gift and everywhere I look the price is astronomical in comparison to the retail value. One item is priced $1,105 OVER the actual retail cost. I could quite literally buy three of these things. What a shame! What a ripoff! I am not sure why they are even allowed to do this.

I ordered two hotdog cookers. One for my mom and one for my grandma. They didn't like them after they asked for them so I returned them. These were roughly $75.00 a piece. I only received a credit for one of them. I called several times and every time I was told they were emailing me a form to fill out. The last time I called them they told me they were sending me the form by mail since I wasn't receiving it by email. Well I never received it in the mail either. I was a loyal customer always paid my bill on time and the only time I returned an item was when I returned the hotdog cookers. I paid off my account and will never order from them again. Apparently they needed the $75 more than I did.

Was an outstanding customer, paying my bill on time, receiving high increases from them, etc. On 10/17 I lost my husband and was as is in a very delicate health phase. I did contacted on Dec as I had been hospitalized as if my balance on the acct was like less than 100.00 why they billing me for 400.00. I made a payment in March. Here we are in April and my bill has not been lowered. Bottom line Fingerhut DON'T CARE about its customers so at this point they can do as they pleased. I have tried with them but their customer service are the worse anyone can deal with. They are unprofessional and beyond rude.

In October 2016 I ordered a king size comforter with reindeer on it called a "holiday sweater". Obviously, I wanted this to decorate for Christmas so I didn't put it on my bed until the sometime in December at which I found the material made me itch all over so I couldn't use it. After the chaos of the holidays subsided, I called Fingerhut and explained the problem with the comforter and asked to return it with a postage paid return label and the operator said she would email me one. Time went on and I realized I never received the label so I called them back and this operator rudely told me they don't take refunds after 30 days. I explained I ordered it 2 months before Christmas to be prepared to decorate therefore I couldn't return them within 30 days because I didn't use it for 2 months and the other operator told me should would send me a return label. Again, she said no returns after 30 days.

I have been a customer for about 4 years and never knew of this policy but then, like everyone else, I return thing right away so given this special circumstance I found this company is unsympathetic. I think they should have accepted the item back regardless of the time frame since it made me itch and I couldn't have known this sooner. I think they should have made exception for an item ordered for Christmas.

I ordered a Nutribullet with a warranty. Everything was going well. My bills paid on time. I even paid more than what was required. They gave me more credit so I wanted to purchase a vacuum which I really needed. The man was rude and on top of that he duplicated my order. While he was processing I decided to look at my bank statement and there's the duplicate. I called him out on it and he was rude still. I went back and forth with Fingerhut and my bank and both kept telling me to wait. Then finally Fingerhut tells me I have to get my money back from my bank. I was mad because one of the 5 should have told me that long ago. I also have a warranty just for the people to tell me how to fix my own Nutribullet. When my payments are done, I'm done with them.

I got the FreshStart account and paid it off March 31 and when I asked going about getting a regular Fingerhut credit account they tell me I had a late payment, but my credit score says no missed or late payments and it dropped my score 32 points... WTF!!! Now they want me to start over with the FreshStart account again! Also the item I first ordered got here 3 weeks late and it didn't work but they say I can't return it if I'm on the FreshStart program, I've sent them 4 messages about this and still no response!

Ok. I wish I had read the reviews before I open the Fresh Start Account with them. So last Wednesday I decided to open an account with them 03/29/2017. My down payment was $30 for a $230 credit limit. I used a Citibank Visa card to make the payment. I kept getting an error message saying my CV code wasn't correct and looking at the code... So I decided to used my American Express Card which it did go through. So a few days later I called my Citibank Visa card and $30 missing. I then called the bank and they tell me Fingerhut got a hold on it to call them and have them to release the hold. I called and spoken with somebody I didn't understand nothing she was saying.

So I asked to speak to a manager. Was placed on hold for a long period of time so when the guy get on the phone he was arguing with me that March 29, 2017 was on a Saturday. We was going back and forward until I told him to look at a calendar. Then he said, "I'm sorry you right." I tell him, "Trust me I know when I spend money." I tell him, "It's real simple. Today is Monday 04/03/2017 and you guys been holding my money since last Wednesday. Could you go ahead and release the hold and refund me my money." The supervisor told me I have to wait 3 to 5 business days and hang the phone up. Very Rude Customer service. Why do they have people answering phone that really can't speak English and they on Central time. Once I pay off this order that I still haven't received never will I do business with them again.

I ordered a Serta Queen 19" Pillowtop Airbed w/ Neverflat pump along with a 1-year service plan (warranty) in October of 2016. Upon receiving it, I didn't open it until December and noticed a hole in the mattress that I just opened. I called Fingerhut and they stated to send it back to them. Once they received it, they then stated that they cannot help me with the item, due to it being after the 90 days, cannot give me a credit on my account for the item and is sending it back to me. I waited for months, called at least once a week asking them where is the mattress and they would say they sent it back... but I never received it.

I called this past Monday-03/27/17 and spoke to a "Will" and he stated they disposed of if (like threw it away). But mind you, I am still being billed for the mattress that they threw out like garbage and still want me to pay the $200. They are out of their minds! I am not paying another red cent to Fingerhut! So, DO NOT ORDER FROM FINGERHUT!!! THEY DON'T LOOK OUT FOR THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

Fingerhut Company Profile