1.17/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

773 Fingerhut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

So, I called Fingerhut. The lady that I contacted would not let me finish my sentence. She kept saying, "Okay Strong **", my last name. And she kept repeating it over and over when I tried to speak. Then she said that she could not help me with my problem and I need to contact customer support. So I write down the #. And she gave me the same number I used to call her!?! And I tried to do the survey at the end of the call. But she put me on hold until I hung up lol. So I couldn't rate her. Anyways I finally called back. And another girl answered named Mellisa. She pretty much said it's not Fingerhut's fault and I need to call the tablet manufacturer and figure it out on my own. The tablet they sent worked for 3 weeks then it said it needed a update. I updated it, now it won't even stay on. "Turns off then right back on" but they wouldn't let me explain anything, kept cutting me off and talking over me.

It was a horrible experience. And I wouldn't recommend anyone going through Fingerhut. They don't care about their customers at ALL. All I want is my tablet to be fixed. Also I have a 1 year warranty. But I have to pay the shipping there and back. Plus, pay Fingerhut. So they sent me a messed up tablet. And said it is my fault. And be insanely rude. Well I'm going to try to send this tablet back. 'Cause I don't even want to be a Fingerhut customer after how they just treated me.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have been doing business with Fingerhut for a few years now. Last year I decided to let them take my payments off of my debit card with auto pay. I got to looking on the payments site that they were taking two to three payments off of my debit card. Without my permission. Some of the amounts would be 32.99 and another would be 70.00 and another would be 52.99. I called them several times. They only gave me two of the lowest payments back. I warn anybody to not give this company permission to let them take out auto pay. I will never order anything from this company again. CROOKS.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My first time dealing with Fingerhut and I've had the worst experience ever. I recently order a whole bunch of stuff for my kids Christmas. I received everything except four items. I called them to inform them that I haven't received some of my items. The lady on the phone go stand my up and down and told me they were deliver on such and such day. I informed her the day you said they were deliver was only two items in a big box. I never received an email to track any of my package and I couldn't check my orders online. She informed me to fill out an affidavit form to investigate the problem. I never had a problem with packages getting deliver at my house. Someone is always there. I told her I better not get charge for anything I didn't received. So now I got to wait to see how this plays. I will never deal with Fingerhut again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I placed an order for a pair of Dr. Scholl's boots ($99 Plus $16 S&H). Total $116. Placed $30 down payment, and after 12 days, they keep saying I have to wait until the payment is clear, when I have had the money in the account all the time!! Ridiculous!! Customer service is just terrible!!! I canceled the order and any further charges to my account. I ordered the same pair of boots from Amazon for $63 Free Shipping!!! I received the boots 3 days after placing the order.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I opened a account about a month ago with a $300 credit line, used about 3/4 of it. Then every week sent in about $20. So about 30 days after opening shortly after my first statement came they gave me a $500 increase and then my credit jumped up 79 points??? Love them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Decided to try account. Made ALL the payments, EARLY... yes EARLY. They kept charging my account 5.00 but I never noticed. So I checked to see if account was closed and it still showed 4.00 due. Since the payment posted after THEY cutoff for day they sent me a letter saying I DIDN’T graduate due to late payments. According to MY contract, I'm supposed to be paying until Dec 2017 but it's done. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Save double the price of items and then go buy two and bank the 30% plus whatever the 5.00 every month extra was for!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Don't order anything off these people. I ordered sheets for my mom, they were supposed to be 1800 count, they feel like sandpaper. The heater & ice maker I bought are second hand, you can tell because the bottom are dirty. It's bait and switch... I will be paying this off then closing my account. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

After a nightmarish attempt to order a product via the customer service phone line (4 hours of being transferred and referred to different departments, I finally gave up and attempted to submit the order through the online process. It would not allow me to make an initial payment to lower my balance and still referred me to a customer service line. I should have taken that as a sign to not deal with this company and their outsourced customer service reps. I did finally get the order approved and processed, I received the Vizio 55' Ultra HD television and was thrilled that it arrived in 5 days ahead of the estimated delivery date!

Only problem was it arrived with NO power cord, remote, manual or screws for the stand! How in the world does THAT get through a quality control inspection!!! I called the phone number on the bill of laden and was told that they were very sorry this happened and I could expect a call or email from their parts department and the accessories would arrive in 5-7 business days! I told the rep that I was not ok with that and wanted overnight or at least a RUSH order as my tv is useless without the components, I got the same scripted answer "I am very sorry about this and you will receive your parts in 5-7 business days." I am not looking forward to dealing with this company in the future and will pay this tv off as soon as I receive the parts.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Been a long time member of Fingerhut, ordered my engagement ring from them. Finally got a package in the mail a week before I proposed. Opened the package, there was a ring box but no ring! The package had not been tampered with, so I called them and they sent another one. This was the ring, proposal went off fine then a month later I get a bill for both rings, called them again and was told it wasn't their fault the box left without a ring. I would still be responsible for the two rings.

I didn't order again for a few years. Paid my bill, but decided to try again (stupid). I ordered a necklace from a catalog for my wife for Christmas, it was 250$, I got my order 2 days before Christmas, opened it up and discovered they sent a completely different necklace than the one I ordered. I called them and they told me I wouldn't get a replacement till after Christmas so I told them to send the refund label (as I do not have a printer to print an emailed one) and I would just give it to my wife as a birthday present in January instead.

They sent the label within a week, I returned the necklace and waited for the right one, 2 weeks later I got my package, opened it, and lo and behold, they sent me back the exact same necklace. Now let me explain that this necklace is a personalized name necklace. I couldn't believe it, I called them right away and complained that I couldn't use it now for my wife's birthday.

I asked for another return label and I canceled my order completely. They told me they'd send a return label the next day, I never got one. Waited 2 weeks called again, they said they would send one in the next couple of days. Then I get my second bill for the necklace, I pay it and wait, nothing!! I give them a few more days, call again... and again, nothing. Another bill with a threat to add late fees, another payment sent, another call, April, May. In June they apologized and said they had sent the labels by email (which they hadn't). Now they would send it by mail, July, Aug, Sept.

Then today Oct 10, I get a call from them telling me that they never received my monthly payment and late charges have been applied. I pay my bills online and I paid them on the 6th of Oct. I spoke to a representative and explained the situation and was told there was nothing they could do, I will have to pay for the late charge and full amount of the necklace, as I have exceeded the return time limit. I can't believe they did this. I will never order from them again. Really want to get a lawyer. But I know and they know it wouldn't be worth it. Wish I could tell everyone to never order from them. Sad that people don't reads these reviews till they've been taken.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Fingerhut has refused to report my good account to credit agencies. I have never been late and they also keep giving me credit line increases... I have called several times and they said due to a audit they can't report it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I purchased 2 security cameras on-line based on descriptions and specs posted by Fingerhut. I tried but couldn't install. They wouldn't work. I called for tech help. Had to wait several weeks till available then had to reschedule. When finally arrived told me I needed a DVD player that's why wouldn't work. Went online and researched compatible equipment. Fingerhut doesn't sell DVD separately for this equipment so I had to purchase 2 more cameras and the DVD as package.

When arrived the cameras were not wireless as I had requested (the first 2 are wireless), and useless to me. Then I tried to install the equipment DVD and 2 wireless cameras and couldn't. I called for help again. When the tech finally arrived after several attempts told me the equipment was not compatible with my existing TV, and I would have to return/exchange the equipment or buy a new TV... The equipment was useless. There were no specifications listed on-line with Fingerhut about TV/monitor for proper installation of the equipment.

I wrote to the company explaining what happened and that there was no specs regarding TV monitors listed or I would have purchased something else, in addition, I told them I requested wireless and they sent me hard-wired cameras. I sent the equipment back asking to EXCHANGE the equipment for another brand that the tech told me would work with my TV. They actually sent the SAME equipment back to me telling me it was too late. I was beyond their policy for returns, even though they actually committed FRAUD by not telling me I needed specific monitors or DVDs in the first place in order for the equipment to work.

I sent the equipment back to them and this time they sent me a letter telling me they ARE KEEPING THE EQUIPMENT AND NOT GIVING ME A CREDIT OR EXCHANGE. In other words, THIEVES! I am now paying for equipment I do not have and paying interest on the charges. THIS IS ILLEGAL!!! I've sent them my 93A letter and believe me I will be seeing them in court!!! BUYERS BEWARE! This company is DISHONEST, does NOT care about CUSTOMER SERVICE, and actually BREAKS THE LAW! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I ordered a desktop on 9/13/17 from Fingerhut. I received a confirmation email with all of the correct information on it. Ok. Wonderful! So I thought. Today, 9/21/17, as I was sitting on my front porch, I received a text message stating that my package has been delivered but to an entirely different person, better yet, a different state. It turns out that Fingerhut not only gave someone else my package but was still going to make me pay for the computer. And tried to charge me for shipping costs towards a replacement. In which they waived the fee but from the looks of other complaints I'll most likely see a charge for it in the future. I sort of feel retarded for requesting another product but... we'll see.

So, I also ordered a monitor the day before ordering the desktop and I received the monitor. No problem. But now I have to patiently wait for the desktop to arrive, hopefully, to the right person this time. At first, Fingerhut blamed UPS. Then the rude customer service lady at UPS told me that my tracking number belongs to someone else. I said, "Ma'am, that's not true. I have a confirmation email with my information on it". She later confirmed that Fingerhut messed it all up. Fingerhut later admitted that they messed the order up. Damnit, why didn't I review this website beforehand! I knew better than that! Well, I don't know if I can update this complaint at a later time but until then, we'll see. P.S. I do NOT recommend Fingerhut. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Did what so many others have done, have bad credit, got a CC thru them without reading any reviews. Have heard of Fingerhut for many years, so thought they were OK. I am not sure how the US is allowing this scam of a company to operate? Applied online, was approved for $600. First off, I noticed when approved, there was no info. on how to get a free copy of your credit report, the one/ones that they use to decide your creditworthiness on. Absolutely no info. on where your credit comes from, I have never seen this before. It was not on the welcome email from them either. Then I look at my account on their website, it doesn't look like they even necessarily DO pull a credit report on those of us who apply! States: "Sorry, we do not have a FICO® Score to display for you at this time." It gives a few BS reasons of why this might happen, but no concrete one at all.

Within 24 hours, this co. started blowing up my phone, I hadn't ordered anything yet, but it was an annoyance welcome to Fingerhut, or so I read online, they have not left any messages. This is a nuisance, but I see from review places like this that I am in the minority of their phone calls, some people are getting a call from them every 10 minutes. This is absolutely illegal, I recommend suing them after telling them not to call you.

Anyway, lots of calls, hang ups, no messages, all from Fingerhut. Went on their credit info. page, when you apply for credit with them, you are agreeing to this, which I bet almost no one sees in the small print: "You authorize WebBank/Fingerhut, their affiliates, agents, and others calling at their request or on their behalf to contact you at any number (i) you have provided to us (ii) from which you have called us, or (iii) which we obtain and believe we can reach you at. We may contact you in any way, such as calling, texting, using an automated dialer or using pre-recorded messages. We may contact you on a mobile, wireless, or similar device, even if you are charged for it by your provider." That means them, plus anyone they sold your personal info. to, can contact you by phone, text, and even those illegal auto dialers! So getting an account with Fingerhut = you signed away all rights to phone privacy.

Not coincidentally, within 3 business days of getting this Fingerhut account, I was inundated thru the mail with credit card offers I was supposedly "pre-approved" for. I do not ever get credit cards offers, as I declared Bankruptcy 6 years ago. Now I am receiving 3 a day from all different companies. So you can bet they also sold that personal data. I also noticed a large uptick in spam offers coming into my email. This is all right after applying for and being approved for a Fingerhut account.

Everyone should take a look at the Fingerhut credit agreement https://www.fingerhut.com/information/creditTermsConditions. It includes such things as you agree not to sue them, but use Arbitration, that they can pull your credit report over and over again just because they decided to but not having to tell you that they did this unless you psychically know and put it in writing, they are under no obligation to help you fix your credit but will report you immediately to all credit reporting agencies if you are even a minute late on paying or they just decide to report you, the APR (already high at 25.9%) "may vary and increase" essentially just because they wanted to raise it, prices published in their own print catalog are only "estimates" of what the item may cost and what you will ultimately be billed, it goes on and on.

Errors on your monthly bill? "You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question." This is not on their page, but it seems that many people's Fingerhut account is being stolen and used by thieves, or they are receiving expensive items that they themselves didn't order, or they are billed for mysterious purchases, or the ordered item is never received, you are not protected. The usual credit protections that "Under the FCBA, your liability for unauthorized use of your credit card tops out at $50" do not protect you with your Fingerhut account. This is because it is NOT a credit card, no Visa or Master Card logo, it is a line of credit and is essentially a loan with very high interest. So based on this, you, your purchases, ones you didn't make, if the card is stolen or compromised, you will ultimately still be held responsible for it.

One final note, Fingerhut is based in Minnesota, but yet if you call them or the credit part of your account, it is another country! This is similar to how Sears is now operating, and you can see that they are bankrupt and closing all of their stores. If you call, you may not be able to understand them, then ask for a supervisor, they will disconnect the call. There is no oversight and they have outsourced all of their phone jobs, usually low paying jobs anyway, to India or somewhere else. Based on all of this, I am in the process of closing this Fingerhut line of credit! I have called, but I am putting it I writing to "WebBank, Fingerhut Credit Account Services, P.O. Box 1250, St Cloud, MN 56395-1250" and I highly suggest that everyone with a $0 balance does this as Fingerhut cannot be trusted and it appears I am really buying items from India when I call.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least. I have been a long time customer of Fingerhut, I purchased a Dell laptop not too long ago and in the few months that I have had it, it seems as though everything has gone wrong with it. The day that I received the package from UPS, I had opened the box to find that the PC had been bouncing around with no protection, they didn't even put paper in the box. I called the company to express my concern, only to be hung up on. I have had the laptop for just over 6 months I believe and so far the battery pack no longer keeps a charge, and the cd/dvd drive no longer reads my software, and I still owe a little over a grand. I did try and let the company know about the issues that I have had, but they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. I will be paying off this debt and closing my account.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had a perfect payment history with Fingerhut ever since I opened my account with them, having set my account up to take a payment 3 weeks before the due date. This had been going along quite well, never a problem. And then last month there were problems at their end, and then again this month. I went online, looked at what was going on.

According to my bank, Fingerhut had made no attempts to get the automatic payment I had set up for the 6th day of each month, nor after, since the last payment they received in June. Fingerhut, for their part, is claiming my bank is rejecting the payments due to insufficient account balance "NSF." Of course, if there were an NSF, I would know pretty quickly, as my bank would call me AND send out an immediate statement that day. An NSF with my bank is $38 for the first one, and if my account goes below zero, an additional $8/day, so this is something I avoid no matter the cost to myself. There were no such fees, because not only was the money in the account, no one had made any attempt to take the money out of the account. My typical end-of-month balance is around $25 each month, just in case I made an error in math, and I have a budget I stick to religiously in my computer.

According to the Fingerhut web site, they have the proper payment information needed to process the payment (usually at least 125% of whatever the stated minimum is, or $75, whichever is higher). While checking to determine what the problem was with the autopayments, I learned that I had rapidly been put over my credit limit for fees related to making a payment by phone, late fees, and over-limit fees. The extent of these fees are such there is no way I can ever get below my credit limit, unless I opt to not pay either my rent or my health coverage for a couple of months.

To add insult to injury, they opted to have the single rudest "collections agent" employee call me yesterday, while I was having a medical crisis related to the most painful nerve injury known to medical science. After about 2 minutes of her abusive conduct, I tersely told her that unless she had an MD or RN after her name, I needed to clear the line so that an expected call from my doctor or her nurse could get through. She asked why I answered the phone then, knowing it was Fingerhut? I responded that she posed an excellent question, instructed her to deal with me in writing from now on, and hung up.

They've been burning up my phone all day, to the point I simply shut the ringers off, as well as the voice mail. If they persist, I may have to block their calls outright. I feel they intentionally did not process these payments in order to justify collecting nearly $100 more each month from me, which is now way outside my budget with them.

I learned today they had already trashed my credit in July, over an alleged late payment made by telephone on the date due, and that years of early payments far more than the minimum balance had not done my credit any good, in some cases using my credit with them actually drove down my score. And now this? I tried to deal with them fairly and honestly, and made them a budget priority, even over food on a couple of really tight months, only to have them turn on me and ruin my credit along the way. My advice to others is to learn from this experience, and do not trust Fingerhut to deal with you honestly.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I applied for credit through Fingerhut. As I was filling out the app I put my permanent address instead of the address I am at now. When I tried to change my shipping address it would not let me do it. So I called CS and they directed me to the fraud dept. They ask you security questions they expect you to remember. Anyway, I sent them proof of residence with a utility bill. So I called to get to the fraud dept. They saw my email but they were so backed up it would take two days to get to mine.

I'm just going to call the credit bureau and ask them if I can take them off my credit and oh they ran my credit three to four times and lowered my score tremendously too, but the credit bureau said they would take care of it for me. I am very mad on how they operate... I mean customer service have been nice but this security issue is ridiculous... I had called another creditor to change my billing and shipping address with no problems. It was totally painless. Do not get involved with Fingerhut. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!! I will deal with AMAZON INSTEAD they're AWESOME!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I ordered some couch covers a month ago. Information going thru too many hands, They screwed up my address, never received items, and took my money. Gave me the runaround to credit me 200 dollars, customer service said he had no receipt of payment... When I asked to speak to a supervisor, got hung up on. JERKS!!! I want my money back.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I returned sneakers for a larger size. I spoke to customer service and they sent the package to the wrong state and told me twice that I would get the package and I never DID. And they charged me for the sneakers.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I received a collection call from Fingerhut. They actually called me at work to make it worse. Since my account is not past due, I'm not sure why they have their collection department calling me. I have had a Fingerhut acct for years... always paid on time and they actually embarrass me at work with a collection call on an account that is not past due. WTF is the deal. As soon as I am able, I will pay my account in full and close my account and not ever buy from them again. This is totally unacceptable and I can't believe they treat a long term customer who pays their payments on time this way.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

They charged me almost $400. For 2 air guns. One was used and not even in a sealed pkg. The other was a gift for my son in law and he didn't like it. I sent both back and they give me a measly $130 credit out of $400. I am so so angry. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are the biggest rip off I have ever seen.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Last Sunday at 5 pm, I ordered online 2 external hardware T2. Because the total amount was $ 346 they offered a free gift. When I complete every steps to submit the order I notice that there was impossible to make an upgrade of the address or billing information, and the package was directed to wrong address. I lose my equipments, lost my money, but the thing doesn't end here, I called customer services on sunday. Monday, Tuesday and every people that work there was so unprofessional, liars.

They tell me that my address was fixed and I'll received my packet in home but 5 minutes later they send me a new email confirming that unfortunately they cannot help me with this issue, but before at phone Last Sunday at 5 pm, I ordered online 2 external hard drive 2TB. They said, "Everything is ok with your shipping." I am an older people and this problem make me feels so frustrated so ignored by them. My opinion NEVER BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY SAY, I am now without my money and my external hardware, frustrating!!! NEVER AGAIN BUY SOMETHING IN FINGERHUT, they are not responsible! This is my advice. Good night!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

The absolute worst so called credit building consumer. I had a small 200 limit and charge 130. I paid it off a month early out of the 4 months set. Well they only reported to Transunion and it drop my score by 2 pts just yesterday. They reported my account as a loan and closed it with no notification. Also, I over paid $32 on my account and can't even use it. They are the absolute worst and need to be shut down by the Fair Trade Commission. The company is a complete lie and profit from taking advantage of customers restoring credit. They do not report as a revolving credit and when you challenge them they close your account.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Just got approved for credit and received a catalog yesterday, called about a grandfather clock listed in catalog for 199.99. Called to place order and told me it was 299.99. That the catalog I received was old. Please do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere. Don't fall into this RIP off company. Anything in their catalogs are listed differently than what you will pay when you place your order, and monthly payment will be much higher than listed on products. Nothing but rip offs.

Original review: July 25, 2017

My website page on Fingerhut account. Someone change my physical address and my Email. Charge expensive items was deliver to a warehouse in CA. Fingerhut change my address in my credit bureau report. Was shocked when I knew I was living in CA. The company has my phone number on file. I would had thought a call to verified all those changes in such a short time. When I call the company to notified all those unauthorized charges, I found the representative was rude and not cooperative. That call was on 7-5-2017.

On 7-24-2017 I received a call from Fingerhut that my payment of 68$ was due on the 7-22-2017. The representative didn't had no idea that I call to make a complaint of those charges, then she switched to Fingerhut Fraud Department and also she didn't had a clue of what I was referring to because according to her no notation was on file. Such a rude, incompetent people. Can't wait for the police to investigate this matter starting with the company itself so I can close my account. Lost all my trust, confident in Fingerhut. I should received an apology. No ones need to be victimized by the thieve and again by the company because of their carelessness and neglect.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I ordered a personalized necklace from the site for a total cost of $112.00. After wearing the necklace only two times I noticed it was very weak in construction despite being sterling silver. Needless to say it broke even though I stopped wearing it and stored it in its original box while trying to reach out to customer service. After three attempts to return the item I was finally sent a return label. Unfortunately I was denied a credit or refund due to "unreasonable and excessive wear." I wore the necklace TWICE. I was also notified that they will be disposing of the necklace and that I still owe them $54.00.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I ordered a TV stand for my son. My payments were $6.99 a month. For 4 months I paid $25. My payment of $6.99 was due yesterday. Between yesterday and today I received 8 emails and 7 phone calls wanting my payment. I was going to wait till next week when I got paid to pay another $25. Mind you I only owed $34 total. So I talked to a lady this morning and she said it didn't matter if I overpaid each month by over triple the amount owed. I still had to pay the $6.99. They charged me almost $10 because it is 1 day overdue. So, I paid off the $43 that was owed and told them to close my account. After they argued with me I said "Close it now!" It's paid off. I am done with you people! So my advice, don't use this to boost your credit because if you are 1 day late they send negative info to your credit report. This company is a crook!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Well first off I ordered an iPhone 6s from Fingerhut. I've waited now like to two-and-a-half. 3 weeks the package finally showed up through UPS SurePost and when I open the package all there was inside the box was a piece of bubble wrap and no iPhone 6s. Package was never tampered with during shipping so it was done at the shipper. Now trying to convince Fingerhut that they did not put the product I ordered in the Box before shipping. It is like pulling teeth. It's like you say they say. I am very disappointed. I've already made payments towards the phone on my account and now it sounds like I'm still going to be responsible for what's left even though I didn't, never receive the phone.

I've never had problems with Fingerhut before until now. They use an outside source for their cell phones so they're saying it's not their fault but they won't give you the outside source that they get their cell phones from so you can contact them to let them know I am so angry at this moment. I will never do business with Fingerhut ever again. Then I'm also contacting and filing a complaint with my AG office in my state that I live in and I'm also in contacting my lawyer and filing a lawsuit against Fingerhut. There wasn't even an invoice in the Box but my account has been charged and I have made payments towards it to get the payments down and it sounding like I'm out the payments and still have to pay for the phone even though I never received it. The photos below is what I received

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have had a Fingerhut account now for about a year. At first I thought it was a great idea because of the monthly payments. They said that I would have no late fees and I could even get help if I was to lose my job or any form of income that they would be able to stop my account for a while until I was working again or being able to make payments again. I was allowed $700 of credit from them. I used up to 600 some. I lost my job for a couple of months and applied for the leniency, and was denied. Then I was charged late fees that I was not aware that even existed. When I first signed up they claimed there were none, then when I talk to them on the phone they said it would be no more than maybe $5. I owe about $47 a month on my account and my late fees are up to about $38. All the sudden there's nothing I can do about it.

Again I owed about $690 total on my total account, I paid off up to the point where I had about maybe 400 left, now my account is almost at $900! And there is nothing I can do about it. I'm trying to get a hold of a credit card that maybe can consolidate my debt but I cannot be approved of one yet because I have just started working for my job maybe a month-and-a-half ago. They will not stop with the late fees. They will not stop charging me, I'm paying like three times more for everything that I bought from them and they were not sent to me with quality either. One of the things was a video game that I accidentally ordered the wrong one and I could not even return it to him and it was an $80 video game that I'm now paying for that I have no use for!

Original review: July 7, 2017

This company is an absolute nightmare. I opened an account and placed an order for an item. The site stated that because my address was a PO Box that the item may not ship to me, to update my address to a physical address. I could not do so online with a first order and had to call in, initially not a big deal. The customer service agent I spoke with said there was no need to update the address, the item absolutely could go to a P.O. Box and thus did not update my address. 5 days after the order was placed, I finally receive a call and an email stating that I HAVE to update my address to a physical address or the item will NOT ship.

Okay, tried to call in and the agent said that I could not update the address on my account, that she would send a message to the vendor to relay the change of shipping address to USPS... What?? I pushed further and the agent finally said that they could change the address IF I went through 4 random generated questions to verify my identity. The first question was about a distant relative I have no contact with and I could not answer, thus my identity could not be verified. Yet I gave you my DOB and SSN without issue and that wasn't enough?

I finally told the agent that I just wanted to cancel my order and be done with it. The agent took it upon herself to close my entire account!!! Are you kidding me?! You lowered my credit score with an inquiry AND adding a new account to my credit report just to close it out 5 days later? Evidently now I need to wait 7 days to receive a decision about whether or not they will reopen my brand new account OR make me reapply again. This company is an absolute joke and should be avoided at all costs, especially if you value your credit score.

Original review: June 25, 2017

First off I want to say that I know Fingerhut is in the business of making money. I get that, but Jesus age Christ! I have been looking at this iPad Pro 9.7 inch version (older model). They are charging $830 bucks before tax for the 32GB version. I checked this same model out on Amazon and other stores, and you can get the 32GB version for $420 bucks. Fingerhut is charging DOUBLE the price everyone else is charging AND since your financing with their high-interest-rate, you're paying even more than that. Now the newer model of the iPad Pro is out and it's a 10.5 inch model with way more upgrades and better performance, but even it still costs less that a discontinued model from Fingerhut.

Now for the phone calls. It never fails. Almost 2 weeks before my bill is due I get calls every day from Fingerhut and they leave messages saying they have an urgent message about my account. The first time I called them back to see what was wrong they said they were just reminding me that my bill was due soon and if I would like to go ahead and pay it since we were on the phone already. I cursed that woman out. You don't hassle someone over their bill 2 weeks before the due date. Needless to say I blocked their number.

Fingerhut Company Information