Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Fingerhut Reviews

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I read the users manual, as recommended, and then set up the DVD, I was able to remember most of the functions as I used the device; it is very user friendly. The picture is crystal clear and the sound is the best I have ever heard coming from such a small machine. I would recommend this portable DVD to all who want more from a device.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Fingerhut was fabulous in my time of need. I did not have the money to buy a new, much less used, phone so I turned to Fingerhut (against my better judgment). I am so happy I did and am grateful to this day. My cell phone was delivered in a timely fashion and it was beautiful! I ran into trouble shortly thereafter as I lost my job and had no way to pay. They were VERY patient and understanding. I was able to pay them off at tax time, which was approximately 3-4 months away, but they were willing to work with me. Even though they charge more for everything, they are still there for you! Jennifer in Mayville, NY

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I applied for a Fingerhut credit card about 3 yrs. ago and I never thought I would get approved with my horrific credit. With the grace of this company they offered me a a $250 credit limit. With much gratitude I was able to purchase a room filtering system for allergies my son had attained with the worrisome of breathing quality today. I cannot say enough the $ 9.99 payment a month had me breathing just as good for the not so heavy burden of an extra payment a month. 3yrs. later with my faithfulness & Fingerhut's faithful customer appreciation my credit limit is $1000.00. This company gave me a chance when I had nothing.... Not even money to buy my son sneakers for school. The day that I received the ordered Sperry’s for 1st day of school I had tears in my eyes that they gave me the ability to dress my son in quality name brands to fit it. When I had nothing they gave me something. They came through with deliverance of UPS Shipping on time.

Today I work for that shipping company UPS in Farmingville N.Y. and the pride I feel when I handle packages shipped out in Quality always makes me remember from my first purchase how pleased I was with the honored shipping of high standards & time accuracy. I can’t help but be grateful for the particulates of 2 great companies changing my life. Fingerhut for giving me a chance for providing necessities for my children & United Parcel Service for providing job opportunities I never thought possible to provide for my children. With Fingerhut you get treated as an V.I.P. member with elite services & shipping ... LOTS OF FUN WAYS TO WIN PRIZES & THEY ALWAYS HOLD TRUE TO THEIR WORD OF SATISFACTION. Thank you Fingerhut. A-1 ACCREDITED BUSINESS.

Original review: June 20, 2019

The computer was all right, you would expect to play most of the games at like 720P medium to low setting. The CPU was a AMDFX 6300 with a GT 730 2gb of DDR three. If you don’t have the money and you want to play a left shin computer get it it please. It does what it’s supposed to. I recommend it but if you have more money get a better computer.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This computer has been a great addition. It replaced a 7 year old HP that I had been keeping together with parts scavenged from another computer. The CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra AMD FX-6300 8GB Memory GeForce GT 730 2GB Graphics Card 1TB Hard Drive was easy to get rolling out of the box. Not sure why it came with CDs for driver updates as it doesn't have a cd rom drive, but finding the needed drivers online was quick and simple. The side glass and led lighting gives the machine a nice visual touch. I love how easy it is to add RAM or swap out graphics cards. Great machine, beautiful look and powerfully fast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I purchased a George Foreman and they have not credit my account. They have not adjusted my Bill and go to turn around and charge me a $39.00 twice late fee. Be aware. They do not tell you if you miss your payment date. They are going to charge you $39.00 even if your monthly payment is $15.00. They are scamming people.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I ordered a Bluetooth tower speaker w/FM Radio but the remote, nor the FM worked. I paid $116 for it and paid $62 to return it. Now they are telling me they will not reimburse the shipping charges. So then, my only options were to either keep the defective item, or return it and eat 62 bucks. This is a $62 lesson learned. Stay the hell away from Fingerhut!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I ordered my son a pair of gold rope earrings for Christmas. I never opened the box just wrapped it and gave it to him but to my surprise when he opened them they were broke. We returned the earrings it took almost 3 weeks for them to get them. Once they received them they claimed they only received 1 earring which we know is untrue. They now refuse to send a new pair or refund me the $199.99 I paid for them. Spoke with a supervisor. They were rude and unhelpful. So now I am stuck paying for something I do not have. After I pay off my account I will not use them ever again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I was approved last yr. Bought an item and when received it had been opened and retaped twice. I shipped it back with no problem. I ordered again after moving. The item I ordered was bigger than I thought it was. I shipped it back and now the keep reporting late payments to the credit bureaus and my score has dropped over 80 points because of them. I have filed a dispute with Experian.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

To say I was stunned would be an understatement! After a long period of procrastinating & a huge increase in my available credit, I blundered into ordering some extremely reduced clearance sale items from the online catalog. I placed the orders, got the free shipping only to discover my credit account had been charged exorbitant amounts for the sale items that weren't even posted!!! I spoke with a supervisor, Ren, who told me exactly what the previous person, Tess, had said. I had the impression they had memorized what they were to say. Of course they were very apologetic about my confusion & commenced to tell me they couldn't honor the advertised price even though they had been posted online at those prices. I've never heard this much BS in my life! I was told that my items were on sale now but not when I ordered them and there was no mention of giving me the sale price now. Just an offer to give me a discount on a future order.

One jacket was advertised @ $45.97, there wasn't any other price offered but when I checked my statement it had become $73.97. The other jacket said it was 75% off and was $59.97 with the clearance but again on my statement it was posted @ $95.97. Again I was told how sorry they were but they wouldn't honor the advertised price and of course I told them that was illegal, @ least it used to be. Now I have to return everything! So in closing make sure you check your statements! The supervisor also told me the if the items had been on sale the prices would have been reflected on my statement. There was never any mention that there was a possible mistake made. The consumer should never have to worry about what a price will be once it is advertised unless it costs less but never more!

English is not their first language making it difficult for the sales reps. to understand how 'truth in advertising' works. I'm so confused about what happened I still haven't quite recovered. Like the rest of you, how can this company remain in business. The company's name was changed in 2010 to Bluestem Brands, Inc. I suggest that we start learning about who we do business with. A leopard can't change their spots. I hope this is helpful & good luck in the future.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Fingerhut Company Information