1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

936 Fingerhut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I purchased a cookware set and received the wrong color. I called customer service and advised them of their error. I returned the wrong item and received the correct item. However, I was billed for both. I have been calling for over a month trying to get my account credited. I finally request a supervise. I spoke with Kim and after a lengthy conversation she said she would credit my account the $200. Minutes later she calls back saying they shipped another cookware set and will receive it on Jan 20th. I told her that was another error and to cancel the order. She said she couldn't until I return the item. I have never given a review online. But I hope this prevents anyone from dealing with this type of company. I told the supervisor to close my account which that she could do. If I could have rated them with zero stars I would have.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I made a 23.99 overpayment in October 2018. I have made several phone calls since then in regards to the overpayment. I have faxed all documentation only to be told I was refunded. My documents say no.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I ordered a queen size mattress and a queen size foundation. I received a king size mattress and no foundation. When I called Fingerhut I was told being that I didn't refuse at delivery they can't do anything. I paid $1119.00 for both items and they're telling me it's nothing they can do. This is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

So I used to love Fingerhut until right now!!! I tried to place a new order, I've been with them for about a years and have made numerous orders, well I got a message saying to call. I was told they needed to update my number (which hasnt changed) so then she starts reading something about do I agree to called... texts... automated calls... even if my cell provider charges me. I say, "No. I have no problems with you calling me but as for texts, automated messages and what not. Absolutely not." To which she replied, "We cannot unlock your account unless you agree to this."

No lady. You're not texting and sending automated calls to me. I'm a busy person and also am not getting charge by my cell provider for something you do that I have no control over. Well she wouldnt unlock my account!!! This to me is blackmail! They wont close my account but I cant use it either??? Never missed or was late on ANY payments and this is what I get??? Guess I'll be calling BBB!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Hi. I had purchased a laptop on Black Friday and I returned it in December 10th. I was asked to put a $30 down payment. I returned the item and they have received it three weeks ago. I still have not received my $30 downpayment refund. I spoke to a representative and she now telling me today 1/11/19 that I have to wait another two weeks. This is crazy. I am done with them and don't need the headache. I rather shop at QVC or HSN and get a credit within a week or less after item has been received. Do not waste your time. BEWARE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had the worse experience possible in dealing with your company. I first ordered a Canada Coat from you guys which went over the spending limit and I was happy to pay the difference. When my coat arrived and I tried it on it was the wrong size and color. I quickly wrapped it back up and sent it back the next day. It took a while for the item to be registered as returned even after I received a return received receipt. The money was slow about entering the account which was ok. The coat was out of stock so I had to order something else. I found a pair of boots I really wanted and even bought a Carhartt coat to match in anticipation of its arrival. I placed the order online and waited for my boots that never came. I checked on-line to find that I had no order status or tracking number.

After calling customer service they told me that I had to order on-line. So I did. They told me the money I sent in would not be credited to my down payment but subtracted from the back end of the payment amount. This bothered me but I agree because I really wanted the boots. I paid the money and the difference. The customer representative assured me that the order had been placed. I received an e-mail telling me the order had been received yet days later the boots did not arrive and there was no tracking number. After calling a twice I was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours to make another order. This seemed really unfair so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The first time I was hung up on and the second time the rep gave me a hard time until I finally reached a supervisor.

The supervisor, named Wanda, spoke in a very condescending tone and I knew she was searching for a way to deny me rather than help me even though I was willing to pay for the boots. After suffering through what I knew would not be in my favor, she told me that since the first item was returned I couldn't go over the limit even if I paid the difference like I did the first time. It didn't matter that I was trying to spend more money. She would not make a exception regardless of all the trouble I had been through. She said she would rather give me a refund.

I been going through this since November 28th. This is now January 3, 2019. I have called many times and paid twice and still haven't been treated like I am a valued customer. All I wanted was: Carhartt Men’s 6" Internal Met Guard Boot - Wide. Item Number: NBHGZ. Options: Black,13. I now have a $225.00 coat that is no good. I am severely dismayed and disappointed. That is why I feel it is my obligation to report my horrible experience, to keep this from happening to other people and potential customers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This is the worst bank. They charge erroneous fees, never break down the rates and they outsource their customer service and the customer service reps do not know how to communicate properly. Warranties go unnoticed and they give you a hard time replacing items clearly defective. I wish I had looked up the reviews prior to entering into any credit agreements with WebBank. They are worse than the major banks. If you are considering a Fingerhut account DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS BANK on any credit terms. If you are going to purchase on a monthly term better off shopping QVC or Evine or HSN. The terms and conditions are better and they will charge your card on a monthly breakdown.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered a jewelry armoire for my wife for Christmas. I received an e-mail stating the item would be shipped and I would receive the item on Dec 21. When the item didn't arrive I was informed I would get it on January 3. I purchased another one from a local retailer and called Fingerhut to cancel. The item arrived On January 3.

I wanted to send the item back and was informed that once the item was received by Fingerhut they would refund the cost of the item and the taxes but not the shipping cost. SO I am out $38 for an item I could not use. When I attempt to call customer service they transferred my call from one department to the next and never could get a suitable answer. I feel ripped off. They have few people there who speak fluent English and it is impossible to speak to a manager. Once my account is paid off I will never order from them again. Steer clear of Fingerhut. They are incompetent.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased a waist belt and I returned it because it didn't look anything like it was online. the return process says it takes 10 business days however it's taking about 20 days to get a return still haven't gotten a credit on my account. When I call to find out what was taking so long they informed me that the item was damaged and they were charging me a return fee for shipping because my reason for returning was not valid. I took this item out of the package for about 2 minutes, got the photos, sent it to my boyfriend, put it back in the package and returned it the next day. When did it get damaged I have no idea. They must have sent it to me damaged.

I closed my account. I will not be ordering anything else from them again. I would recommend if you need to order something don't ever return it. This is the second issue I had with this company. There's no way I could have known the quality of an item unless I was holding it in my hand so I do believe my reason for returning it was valid. Horrible horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Thanks to you my daughter has not received her Christmas gift. First time I used their services and I'm super disappointed, when I bought it was before December 24, it never arrived and I followed the article and then told me that it would arrive on January 2 and now I verify and it tells me that the Friday, January 4. Waoo! First and last I do not return. I pay this and I do not return better. I ask for it through Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Ordered the kid’s Christmas presents and everything arrived on time. It is a company that extends credit to those with less than perfect. Things can be rough for those with less than perfect credit, myself included, so this can be an opportunity. The cure here is to improve the score.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I recently ordered stuff online and they told me it would guaranteed be here before Christmas. I've been tracking it and still nothing. I just spoke to two representatives who are now stating it won't be here until January and if I cancel it my money would be returned in 14 days. Now they have completely ruined my Christmas. They are complete liars. After this, I won't continue to do business with them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered some toys for people who collect, so the boxes have to be in good condition. 3 out of 4 of them were crushed, cellophane torn, and it was not damage from shipping. They took them off the shelves that way, of course I could send them back, but that is a big bother going to UPS...so I am going to eat it. The customer rep I called about it acted like he was doing me a great favor allowing me to send them back!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I just got approved Friday. Browse the website, didn't order a thing and my debit card was charged. Plus there's a pending charge from them. If I were you I wouldn't use this company. I wish I had checked reviews first.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Fingerhut is an absolute, total scam! I'm attempting to rebuild my credit so I decided to apply for an account. I was approved and bought a new phone. My first payment was due yesterday for $27.96. I made a $40.00 payment...yesterday. Today I check my account to make sure it's posted and not only has the $40.00 payment not posted, they've added an additional $15.00 to my balance. The payment area shows a payment made but my due date is still showing that I have a payment due yesterday. WTF??

So, I call them to see if I can figure out what's going on. The first person checked my account and then put me on hold to see what she could find out. About 1 1/2 minutes into that and I'm disconnected. Okay, I call back. This person tells me that payments are due by 5 pm on your due date and since I made my payment at 5:23...it was late and they added a late fee. Again, WTF!?

I asked where I could find that info in the Terms and Agreements and she kept cutting me off to keep telling me that it was late. After a couple of minutes of me telling her how that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard and that I can't find that info anywhere, she says she's going to reverse the late fee charge. I then ask her why my 40.00 payment isn't being reflected on my balance and she tells me it takes up to 48 hours to reflect on my balance. It didn't take that long for their bogus late charge to reflect on my balance!

Even though she says she reversed the charges, I still press her about where does it say there is a cutoff time in the terms. Just because I can't find it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there right? I mean, I could be missing it. I did bring up the search tool and searched due date, due, 5 and five to see if any of those would bring up that info... It did not. So anyway, she says she's going to go find that info and needs to put me on hold. I was on hold for about 2 minutes and once again, was disconnected. Imagine that. As of me writing this post, the supposed reversal still is not reflecting in my account but I guess that one will need 48 hours to show up too. It really makes me wonder how many people they do this to that don't question their tactics?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Fingerhut charged my debit card twice for a payment. They never returned the money to my account NOR DID THEY APPLY THE SECOND PAYMENT. BE careful. They blamed it on my bank and lied about sending the money back to my account. I never write bad reviews but this is just wrong.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have used Fingerhut for three years. With poor credit, and it is a poor credit company, I use it to buy gift items at Christmas and birthdays, that I may not afford otherwise. That's a plus for me. And my credit score is improving. However, although my experiences have mostly been okay, I have had instances that sour those good experiences.

My first purchase was a room full of curtains. All the panel pairs had one curtain shorter than the other. Following purchases included wrong sizes. I bought both granddaughter's boots. One pair came a size too small, and the other pair came in a size 4 (according to the box) when I ordered a size 2. The size 4 actually fit her size 2 feet. Don't buy anything with sizes!

I've also ordered a SensorPedic Contour Pillow. It was a SensorPedic. But not a contour. I needed another one anyway, so I didn't even try to return it. In desperate need of a vacuum, I found a fairly priced vacuum available on Fingerhut. But when I checked out the item was 'out of stock'. I ended up buying a vacuum, which I love, at highly inflated prices. The shipping really seems overpriced, as are the most of their items.

Returns or credits are next to impossible. I've always had my items delivered, pretty much right on time. I have had one item that took four days longer, and it said delivered on the correct day. I realize many items are shipped from the manufacturer, but sometimes it feels like the manufacturers send overstocks or irregulars to Fingerhut customers.

They never give deals to longtime customers, they never give deals on shipping, they never lower your interest rate, regardless of the time or use of your account. The best they give you is an increased credit line to spend more money. Contacting customer service is a nightmare, and in my case I got a form letter that had nothing to do with my problem. Fortunately, my girl decided to put on the boots, and we found they fit. I'd say 75% of my experiences have been good, but if you are going to order from Fingerhut very often, expect to run into an resolved problem at some point. I would suggest you research the item, and if it is available on a store shelf, it's just easier to return them to a store.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I placed an order with Fingerhut I never received. I have email them and even phone call them and they are not telling me. I have to pay for something I never received and will not reship or even credit my account. They hang up the phone on me. I’m not buying ever again from them

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I ordered a therapeutic pillow for my wife and instead I received a pair of children's shoes. Fingerhut refused to reship my correct order but still charged me for a product I never received. I spoke to customer service and asked for a supervisor and they hung up on me on 3 separate occasions.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

So upset. Got guitar for grandson from Santa opened up. It was broke so he doesn't have a present and have to pay for it. Would not recommend this to anyone for Christmas. My name is Judy **. My grandson believes Santa doesn't love him.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

On 11/20/18, I mailed a Cashier's Check to Fingerhut in the amount 2358.00 and they received it on 11/25/18. Then I called on 11/28/18 to request a refund for the overpayment ($65.37) and was told I needed to wait 20 days. Then the supervisor stated to call back 12 days from 11/28/18. Before calling back I confirm the cashier's check had been cleared so the refund could be issued. On 12/04/18, I spoke to Albert and requested the refund and I received several different answer 1st it would take 20 days from the day I called, then 30 days from the I called so I asked to speak to a supervisor. He wanted to transfer me to a voicemail in which I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. Albert placed me on hold for 2 -3 mins then transferred me back into queue to speak to another agent. I waited for another over 25 - 30 mins and no one ever return to the phone.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got approved for a 700$ credit limit. I wanted to purchase Apple AirPods, they cost 245$. If I buy them from Best Buy they cost 153$. Hmmm common sense tells me, purchase from Best Buy. OVERPRICED NEVER EVER BUY HERE, THIS COMPANY IS TRASH... I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. MY advice is if you don't have the money to purchase something, save for it, instead of being slapped with a VERY HIGH APR. You buy something that cost 100$ on Fingerhut credit, you will end up paying 250$, even though you could of bought the item somewhere way cheaper because Fingerhut is price gouging everyone!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was approved for the fresh start. Ok cool. I made a purchase and had to pay $30 before hand. I received an email stating that I needed to be verified first. Ok, I call in and the agents are so rude and wanted me to verify all my information including last four. I asked why and to speak to sup. She wanted to tell me I could not speak to one. Finally got one and he asked the same questions. He too was rude and when I said I would file a complaint he just laughed and talked over me. I said I was recording and his demeanor changed.

I asked to speak to his sup and was first told no. I asked if he was refusing a customer to speak to a sup? He said no. I was transferred again to be asked the same questions again and overtalked. I told him they were frauds. I told him I was not asked to verify anything before they took my money and I wanted it refunded. He cackled. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was told he was the manager. I was like, "Oh, but somebody is above you." He continued to say no. I advised that I would be filing a complaint for fraud and theft. We will see.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Bought my daughter a new laptop for her bday. It has run ridiculous slow from day 1! It's worse than the computer it was replacing! This is a complete scam! Why are they even legally in business? Do not order from them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Hello, I was going to buy a Christmas present for my son. This was my first time using Fingerhut. I qualified for their FreshCredit. So Saturday I put in an order for a gaming system. Mind you, I called their customer service (about a week before) to double check before I placed the order that I would only be charged $100 and the rest would be on a payment plan. So placed it on Saturday, checked my banking account... and I was charged $500! And there was no way I could call customer service OR email them—they are not available on the weekends. So now I will have to call on Monday and hopefully I can cancel my purchase. The main reason I was going to use them was because I am new widow and wanted to give my son a nice Christmas gift. Now if I don’t get a refund, I will be in dire financial straits.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have ordered several items from Fingerhut and so far I am very pleased! Each item I have ordered came way earlier than stated and has worked very well. As a matter of a fact I am using the computer I ordered. I place my order on the 19th of November. Was told it would arrive on Monday the 26th and it arrived on Saturday the 24th. As with all my orders it was early. Thank you Fingerhut for helping reclaim my credit and for having the items I need.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

A week and a half ago I ordered a heater and an air purifier from the Fingerhut catalog. The air purifier got here just fine but the heater is backordered... I live in western New York and the heater is important now!!! For 2 days I have tried to get hold of a human at Fingerhut customer service and for 2 days I have been met with absolute frustration. The automated customer service line does not offer any "speak to a representative option... I emailed the customer service line and received a message the next day stating they tried to call me. There are zero missed calls on my phone... Fingerhut is a horrible company and I regret ever doing business with them, it will not happen again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I tried to order a laptop Black Friday, deposit got taken out my account twice. I called customer service not to get a refund, but to get the money they already taken out allocated correctly and possibly pay more on the account. Customer service told me I had to wait till Monday to do get the money allocated correctly. I called Monday and customer service told me I had to wait 3-5 business days to have it corrected. Now I have decided to do business elsewhere because of the inconvenience they caused. I went all weekend with funds being held and still couldn't get the item I was trying to purchase. Thanks but no thanks Fingerhut!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Horrible!! First day and they've already offered two different reasons why I can’t use promo code. First person said fresh start credit lines aren’t eligible for promos (so... Low credit customers are barred from saving money??! Ok). Then second woman said I have to use my entire credit line AND pay my $30 deposit today to qualify!! So I’m done. I’m out. Guess it’s good I had this happen and that I started reviewing their reviews!! Not one single good review. And I read almost half a days worth of reviews. WOW!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Ordered 2 jerseys and a pair of pants. They promised fast delivery, I waited almost 3 weeks for the products. I only got 2 of them, then when I go online I find out they cancelled the other product I ordered. Then the 2 products I got in the mail weren't the right sizes. I sent them back and promptly followed all the instructions on the return slip. When I called to find out about my order they still hadn't processed my order. When I called to cancel my order and get my money back, I find out that the 30.00 deposit I won't be getting the full amount back. It cost me 25.99 to get my order cancelled and then they had the gall to tell me they will send me a check. Will never shop Fingerhut again. Do not use this place to rebuild your credit. Worst shopping experience ever.

Fingerhut Company Information