1.24/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Fingerhut

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

817 Fingerhut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

So I am very upset with Fingerhut right now. I been with this company for almost 3 years of paying them on time. Then I fell into hard times. Some they enroll me into a program but I missed 1 payment for December 2017 and then called Fingerhut customer service in January 2018 and talk with customers service and they told me I would be ok to make my payment... Fast forward today I got pushed around and talk too nasty to tell me my account will be charge off if I don't pay the balance in full!! I talked with a supervisor. She was nasty. I am piss right now!! I need help now!! It's also saying I haven't made a payment in over 181 day and that not true statement.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

The company has been really great for me. The prices are good, the products excellent, and they deliver on time every time. Best of all, they allow you to run credit. All in all I've had a great experience with Fingerhut.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I don't know why people complain so much. If you have no credit, of course they're gonna mark up the prices. It's still like a CD, so if you're late, they're gonna charge a late fee. I have automatic payments that work great and the items are mostly worth it because you don't have to pay for so long. I haven't experienced half the problems people on here have. Just be responsible and you should have no trouble. I've had my credit score increase because of Fingerhut and gotten major cards and a car loan because of it. Fingerhut is great, if you can't handle it, real money must be too difficult for you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

For the past few months I have been harassed to make payments even before the payment is due. I receive several phone calls and a text telling me that I need to pay them and to call them back. Why would a company do that to customers who pay on time and have been customers for years. I don’t get it! After my account is paid off I will not continue to do business with them. It is not right to harrass a customer who pays on time. Beware of these ruthless people.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I called to ask for a shipping label for two pairs of shoes. I went to the post office and returned 2 pairs in 1 box. They said they received one pair but not the other? How is that even possible? You open up the box and there's 2 pairs!!! Then when I wanted to exchange a pair for a different size they said I had to pay for it. I already paid for it! It should have been an even exchange. Now I have to fill out a form for the shoe they are saying they can't find!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Had paid my account in full and ask them to close it and they sent me and email that they would and now they sent me a thing for 22 for a late payment. Not happy with these guys and will never buy anything from them ever again and would not recommend anyone have an account with these guys cause they will screw you over.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I just became a member of Fingerhut in December of 2017. I ordered a computer on the Day12 of the Christmas sales. I had ordered a computer on Day11, which was a specific sale that the computer did not apply. On day 12, I received an email the day 12 sale was 15% off any item. I went into the website and put the computer into my cart, applied the day 12 coupon and hit enter. It gave me the discount of $130.79. I called customer service and explained the situation. She said that since I order it on day 11 she could not help. I told her to cancel the order. She told me it already shipped, so I told her I was going to send it back and reorder it today, day 12... She put me on hold, came back and told me that she spoke to a supervisor and that they would give me the credit and it would show up on my account with 24/48 hours. I thought great.

I received the bill in January 8th, and no credit was given. I called again, explained the situation. The rep told me that there was no record that I had called on December 12th... GREAT!!! She then put me on hold, came back and said that SHE spoke with a supervisor and my credit has been approved and it would show up in 24/48 hours!!! I think ok, with optimism... After checking 3 days later, NOTHING!!! I then decided that I wanted my correspondence and writing so I sent an e-mail going through the WHOLE situation AGAIN!!!! I then get an e-mail back saying the Day12 sale did not include computers!!! That was obviously a lie, since when I used the code on DAY 12 it gave me the discount!!!! If it didn't I would not have even asked for it. Now, before the bill is even due, they start calling me asking for a payment.

I was finally home to take a harassing call from the billing department and I explain to her the situation and that I am still waiting for my credit. She tells me that there are no records of my call or email!!!! Are you flipping kidding me!!! She transferred me to customer service. This woman, proceeds to tell me that she found my e-mail and I was informed that the day 12 excluded computers!! I told her that she was lying!!! And that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. She conveniently told me the supervisor was on another line. YA I BET!! I told her that I wanted a supervisor to call me back. She said, "Oh, they can't do that our system is automated!!!" I said "REALLY, you can't write my number down, and they can't dial a phone and call me back!!!!" I then hung up on her after telling her that I was going to let the Better Business Bureau know, and I was going to post on all social media how bad their customer service was.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We had canceled automatic payments with this company because they were taking out more than one on the same day. We made our payment on time and once again they put through two unauthorized payments 3 days later. I was on the phone for hours... supervisor said they did not do it. That I did. Another employee said it was their mistake and she credited back the money. Our bank ended up charging us overdraft fees. I cannot get anywhere with them, They now say I went online and made all 3 payments. Why would I make 3 payments when I was already paid. I told them to close my account and I would report them... They do fraudulent transactions. Stay Away!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Poor slow customer services. They said I would get a return label in my email. It never happen so I did a return to sender, It took them four months for a return to sender item, be removed and credit back to my account. Despite the bad reviews I purchased items. Paid on time to build credit but their slow accounting inaccuracy cause me late charges and bad credit reporting. They were quick to tell me, they sold my account to RESURGENT COLLECTION. I'm done this Fingerhut.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

First purchase, made payments on time but then I paid off account early. They claimed paying off early was technically "breaking my payment agreement". So I tried again, with another purchase. After several months of payments on time, I tried to make a payment via Credit Card - and system wouldn't accept card. Called customer service and she stated that because I was 'new' and a FreshStart account, the system doesn't allow it. After explaining that I'd been with them for over a year, she said, "Well you didn't GRADUATE! So you started all over." Fingerhut obviously TRIES TO MAKE YOU FAIL in an honest endeavor to improve your credit. That is their SCAM. Their customer service is the worst - actually argumentative.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I got a call from Fingerhut saying I was late with a payment. I couldn't talked so I called back. The girl that kept talking over me said I owed $38. For what!!! My acct. was paid up and I had not received any statements. for ins. What ins???? She said I had ins coming out and I was behind. She didn't care that I said I didn't remember getting ins. I could hardly get a word in. She kept talking over me in an accent that was very hard to understand. I told her I would call back hoping to get someone that could speak fluent English.

I checked my acct. Nothing on statements. I called back and told them there was nothing on my statements and I never received any statements. She gave me the number for the ins. co and told me to call and cancel the ins. (The ins I didn't know I had). I did call and cancel the ins. that I didn't know I had!!! I paid half of the $38 I shouldn't have had to pay. So this morning I checked my email and there was an email for credit score. They had turned me in for $19.47 I didn't owe!!! BEWARE buyers!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Zero stars if possible. Why? They approve you for a limit. Let's say mine went from $600 to $1000 and then ultimately $1300. When you make purchases everything is fine. You miss one payment they decrease your limit by $300. If your balance is paid off and you owe them absolutely nothing they raise your limit and give you a deadline to make such purchase so you can lock that limit. If you don't want to make a purchase and get yourself in debt because you have other obligations what do they do? They put remove your credit line and put it all the way to $0 in retaliation. This is probably the worst. I really meant it. The worst credit card company I have ever dealt with. Instead of rewarding you for your payments being current and zero debt they punish you for not making more purchases despite your excellent paying history. Stay away from this credit line. They suck.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Fingerhut without a doubt is the most awful business I have ever dealt with. I ordered a 600 Thread Count Sheet Set, which literally disintegrated within 4 months. Because they only have a 30 day return policy, they refuse to ever acknowledge the complaint. They instead referred me to the manufacturer. I asked them to close account, which they promptly acknowledge but no response to defective merchandise. Buyer beware! Goods are shipped from China, and they charge nearly double than what you would pay at Bed Bath and Beyond, Walmart or Tuesday Morning. Don’t let credit issues stand in the way or hold you hostage in the way of bad business. Companies like these deserve to go under, as they put profit over good customer relations.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was approved by their bank for almost 2 months. Yet I have been trying forever to contact them so I can put my $30 required for usage. My question is: if you all that important why is it that I can never get in touch with no one in there. Thinking about taking my business somewhere else who cares.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have read through SO many negative reviews! This amazes me! I have been doing business with Fingerhut for several years now and have never ONCE had a problem! Their CS is great. Their products are as they say they are. Before you order something, look at the brand name! If it's not the quality you want - order something else! DO YOUR RESEARCH! After you've been a good, pay-on-time customer for a period of time, they offer you great deals. And I DO mean "great" deals. Some of their stuff is more expensive than WalMart - OK - can you make payments at WalMart? No?? Didn't think so. I will stay with them for the rest of my life, and I DO recommend them to anyone who's interested.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

This has to be the worst company online to do business with. They are overpriced. They do not honor defective returns and the offer that you pay for extended warranty. They do not even provide you with proof of purchase. Everything is a hassle when it comes to Fingerhut, I have a account and pay my bill but I can't stand this company and will no longer buy from them. Too stressful to do business with, if your payment is due on the 24th they start calling you halfway into the day on that date even after you went online and paid, This company has the worst customer service ever. If you don't mind paying double for a item and it works, you will be fine. But if something is broken forget it. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I order a computer from them, after only 20 Days and about 2 times of use the screen went black, I call customer service they say they will be emailing me a return label and they never did, I keep calling them and sorry. They charge me with the value of the defective computer plus taxes shipping and handling fees, send letters to them. No response. They messed up my credit and treated me with court papers... The computer it's on the original box on my basement but they won't take it back... Stay away from this company they are bad and dishonest.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Tried to get Fingerhut to credit my account after a mistake they had made in calculations. Pointed it out three times with screenshot and they still would not return my money. Will not ever do business with these guys again. Watch your bill people.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Seiki 7 inch tablet - We have been very good customers of Fingerhut for a number of years and have been satisfied with the company until we were not able to get a tablet that we were entitled to get with a large purchase that they said we could get for $19.99. It was usually $69.99, but they said, "You could get it for $19.99 with a purchase of $250." Our purchase was $899 and they said they were out of the tablet at that time but to keep checking back. We did and when they did get the tablet in stock they said they could not honor the offer because it was after December 25. We complained but they didn't care. We always pay our account on time, thought that we would be treated better than that.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I used this company because I needed the credit. The quality of stuff is very poor and delivery dates are not accurate. My Christmas gifts were not available for Christmas. But I had no choice because I needed the credit. This company makes its money off people like me who need the merchandise but don't have the case. I have used them several times over the last year and my credit line has gone up from $200 to almost $2000. I am a great customer for this company. BUT I will never use them again! They market name brand merchandise but it's crap merchandise. I bought a KitchenAid mixer ($500) and it didn't last a month! I would not have bought this expensive item from Fingerhut but they advertise it as KitchenAid so I took a chance. It's a piece of junk! And Fingerhut refused to take it back! This good customer is gone for good!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was approved for a Fingerhut Credit of $800.00 a couple of weeks before Christmas. I thought, ok great. I can purchase gifts for my family and have it shipped to them. Boy was I wrong. I couldn't changed the shipping address unless I used another form of payment. Seriously? The shipping cost is overpriced. The price on everything is overpriced. Apparently, new customers cannot ship to a different addresses. Fingerhut is a waste of time and money. This is a ripoff company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Words cannot express how poorly you all have handled this situation. I ordered 2 laptops from you all as Christmas gifts for my girls. I received 3 boxes. 1 had 2 mouse and 2 carry case. 1 had a laptop and the 3rd was empty. The shipping sticker said the total of the 3 packages weighed 9 lbs. One of the laptops weighted almost 7 pounds (I weighed it on a mail meter) so it was quite obvious the 2nd laptop was never put in the box at the warehouse. I called your customer service and spoke with someone who was obviously reading a script.

She was unhelpful and just kept telling me to file a police report. She did not explain why or assist me with the next step. I asked for a supervisor or manager, which after 30 minutes on hold she was unable to find. I disconnected that call and filed the police report as I was told to and then called back. I just asked for a supervisor which I was able to get, she did help me find the affidavit online and apologized for my experience but still refused to acknowledge the obvious weight issue with the package. I did as instructed. I sent over the police report and the affidavit all to find out a week later that this is not even being looked into.

I have now sent the police report and affidavit 3 additional times and they are still stating they did not received. I talked to a supervisor today (January 9th) who refused to give me an alternative email. He just said send it a 4th time to the same email I have been sending it to and it is never received. Today I am sending it for the 4th time to customerservice@fingerhut.com, mailing and faxing my affidavit and police report. Even with this ongoing issue, I have still made on-time payments, I am not a deadbeat trying to get free merchandise or a way out of my bill and I can assure you, I will not purchase anything from you again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

All over the net is stated that Fingerhut is an entry level company in which you can begin to establish credit. Yes, they are overpriced but they are taking a big chance on people without credit that might or not pay them. All the credit accounts that I got in the internet they are just about the same only. Paypal has decent customer service in for real in this century everything is automated. Yes, most of their item are second class and usually come from China or Korea but if you know how to buy and compare prices and quality you can buy something when no one else will give it to you. From the items I got from them the packaging was sloppy. Boxes came broken but the items most of the time were good so I called it a win. When I wanted a high end phone I check their prices, and I ran. So mostly is up to the person to check out first and to choose the best deal.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a personalized watch for my son for Christmas. It said, "Order now receive it by Christmas." That wasn’t the case the order isn’t expected to arrive until 1/16/2018. Because the product is coming from Japan. Nowhere on the site did it say this was coming from another country. If it had said that I would have never placed an order for something that takes almost 3 weeks to come. Fingerhut is using outside vendors in other countries and not making the consumer aware of this. The lack of professionalism is ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This company had the worst customer service. I've ordered several items & while ordering online the website guaranteed that the items would be delivered by December 22. However, the items weren't guaranteed. I've called the customer service & they said they couldn't do anything about it & that I would have to wait until after Xmas. Please do not buy anything from this company & Save your credit pulling!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Ordered gifts for my wife for Christmas. Said it would get here before Christmas. Got an email saying in won't get here until the 27. What a way to ruin a Christmas. I am very unhappy. Thinking about sending it all back.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I ordered Christmas gifts 1 week before Christmas. All were "Guaranteed Christmas Delivery". I made sure if it. I called a couple of days after I ordered and the girl on the other said the packages would be delivered Saturday December 23rd. Not a problem. On December 22nd I received the tracking numbers and when I tracked my packages the delivery dates were December 28th and January 2nd. Last time I checked Christmas was December 25th. I called and the lady that I spoke with today basically said "too bad" and "what do you want me to do about it".

I was furious. I am a new customer and nowhere did it say that if you were a new customer that you could not have 'Guaranteed Christmas Delivery" unless you looked in FAQ's. Really. This business knew people were ordering for Christmas gifts and did not care. The lady on the phone today has no business working in customer service and basically what they advertised is fraud. I could not even cancel my order because shipping labels had been created. It is total crap and I am very disappointed. I hope that if they ordered online and were "guaranteed delivery" that their stuff never arrives. I did order my major gifts from Amazon and praises to them-my stuff has already been delivered.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Made an order over a month ago. Product arrived, Adidas sweatshirt, ordered a large. The hang tag on sleeve said large but the actual tag on the shirt from Adidas said small. Horrible customer service. Sent numerous emails and received one response. On the telephone the man was rude and told me I was wrong and they sent the right size. I returned the item weeks ago and received one email stating they got the product after weeks it was sent and said it was take 2-3 days to process the return. A week later still nothing and of course it was a Christmas gift which is now a week away. Horrible service.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Yesterday morning my wife went to Fingerhut website to see about credit just out of curiosity. She was given a specific amount. So my wife went ahead and ordered two things we needed for our home. Fingerhut insisted on having my wife's bank account information even though she was using Fingerhut Credit. She fought with the very confusing website for over a hour then it all seemed as if it was billed to Fingerhut Credit so she placed the order. I immediately called customer service to verify so that the bank account would not be billed and wiped out.

I was assured twice that the items ordered were billed to Fingerhut credit. Last night we tried to use the bank card to no avail. We could not figure out why until this morning. Fingerhut had billed the $600 straight to the bank account. That was a withdrawal that was not expected. The hard part about it was being assured that we would be billed the monthly payment and instead they took the $600 in full. I am sure there is no way to do anything about it before Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The customer service reps for the most part are horrible, not helpful. They talk over you and if you ask for a manager you get transferred back into the Q as to try not to get in trouble. I spoke with a Gene yesterday. Very rude. Dropped me to a voicemail where no one EVER returns your call. Then I spoke with a Mary when I called back. I had to ask 5 times for her to repeat her name. She refused to speak over a whisper. I heard the hold music just time it wasn't my phone. Then I spoke with Karen who claimed to be a manager who was worse than the employees. Kept speaking over me and lying.

My tracking number clearly shows on USPS not received. She kept saying it was. I asked what tracking number she was looking at and in turn refused to give it to me but kept saying, "Well what's the number you are looking at." I have worked in service centers for 15 years. These people would have been fired by now for their refusal to do the job they were hired for and the attitude alone. This company has the worst customer service. If I ever do receive this package I will be cancelling my account after I get it.

Fingerhut Company Information

www.fingerhut.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use