3.4/5 (505 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Hi. I'm writing a first time buyer review about Fingerhut. About a week ago Fingerhut approved me for a 300 dollar credit line and I'm Sooo excited, I bought a new pair of shoes and a mega as seen on TV XL juicer.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

It's bad enough that everything is overpriced, but I've never been late on a payment. Because of the temporary increase that they took back my score plummeted. And they keep doing it. Closing my account.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I wanted a copper pot that they had about a year or two ago. I ordered a few things and then they raised my credit limit to 2k. Of course this made my credit score go up but after I didn't spend the additional amount they lowered my credit limit by 1k and it made my credit score go down. They are not interested in helping people raise their credit score. Once you don't constantly pay horrendous prices for their products they penalize you by lowering your credit limit and in turn they are actually penalizing you for not spending more money with them. When contacting the credit bureau they said they can't tell why your limit dropped so it looks like you are not paying your bill. This is wrong in so many ways and it is a true testament to their preying on people who are trying to raise their scores. I had always paid my bill early or on time and when I pay them off I will not purchase another thing from them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Initially, I opened a Fingerhut account to assist in raising my credit score. It did assist and my credit score is in very good shape now. My account has never been delinquent as payment has been made each month religiously. The due date has never been clear because online it always states "N/A". Today, I received a call stating that my payment was one day late and that Fingerhut doesn't have a grace period. While I'm not disputing their policy, it's not clear why, after years of making payments on varied dates and some later than this that I'd never received a call prior to this month.

When I expressed discontent, she apologized for the inconvenience and stated that I was a "valued" customer. She wanted to arrange payment over the phone, ok, but they had my card number and phone number wrong so I refused payment, and while on the phone with the rep, I made a payment online. She was able to see that payment had been made. She asked if I wanted to be placed on the "do not call list". I agreed and here's the kicker... she then said that I would not be able to make any purchases through Fingerhut unless I reverse the do not call request. Years of never missing a monthly payment after numerous purchases and this is how they treat a "Valued customer".

I've now set up a recurring payment but there's no ability to close the account online myself. I called to speak to a supervisor to discuss the encounter and close the account. The rep tried to dissuade me multiple times. After 32 minutes of those attempts and hold time, he hung up on me. I'm now on hold again. If you need to raise your credit score, look elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I ordered some AirPods a long time ago from Fingerhut, and I swear I ended up paying 4 times as much as it cost to buy a pair brand new in the store! Smh... Stay away from this ** company. You've been warned...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I've had these scam artists for two years give or take and I have never been late on a payment. So last week I missed 1 payment of $77.00 because of the pandemic that we are in and they make my credit go down 32 points and they leave a note saying that they did that because they DON'T THINK that I am going to be able to pay my bill. After being a loyal customer for 2 years. They are disgusting people and I wouldn't recommend my worse enemy because you make one mistake and they ruin your credit after you worked so hard to build it. Also a lot of these reviews must be fake.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Made on time payment for Fingerhut for Years... Made purchase by agreed deadline in order to keep $600 extra line increase opened to me. After purchase, they decreased my credit line by $550 thereby causing my fico score to decrease by 12 points. Got on cell and vented out my frustration on clerk wondering if i was the only victim or if I am dealing with demons from the pit of hell with this company... Hopefully they would keep their end of the bargain and give me back my credit line needed as I am really trying to better myself creditwise as this credit company is suspose to do... not destroy consumers credit report... and restore my good faith in this company and do the right thing and keep their promise as advertised to me by emails sent to me. At least thier products was timely delivered few times and of good quality brand names.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I was told about Fingerhut Fresh Start to help rebuild my credit. They gave me a small fresh start account, I ordered a beautiful but overpriced end table. I've been making payments before my actual due date every month and paying maybe a buck more than the bill. Today, I go to make a payment which would have put me in the position to have just $70 left to pay (which I would've done in two weeks), and boom - payment won't go through. Now, I KNOW I have money - just got paid today, my card info is set in there, but nothing. Paid about four other monthly bills before this one with NO ISSUES. Getting my payment receipts from the other companies just fine.

I called customer service and she confirms ALL of my info and says maybe the website is having payment issues but she can take it over the phone. Fine, let's do it. Then she comes back and says, "No it didn't go through, call your bank." Here's the kicker. I got off of the phone with her and paid ANOTHER BILL WITHOUT ISSUE! So who is the problem with, again? It's not my bank. It's Fingerhut! When I pay this bullcrap off, I do NOT want an increase, and I do NOT want a regular account. Really after reading the reviews here, if I never hear the name Fingerhut again once this is done, it would be TOO SOON.

Original review: July 25, 2021

In July 2021 I ordered a Blu Ray system and a slow cooker.. I was told the date that it would be delivered. I waited all day for my package. I received a text message that the package had been delivered. After contacting Fingerhut they refused to take my word that I hadn't gotten the package..The total of both items cost me over three hundred dollars. I asked them describe my house they refuse to listen to me. I rate them a zero on delivery. I'm a Retired Military Veteran. Why do I need to steal? I'm afraid to order from them again. Maybe the same thing will happen.. Amazon takes pictures of their delivered items. I will recommend that no one order from Fingerhut.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Please avoid. Fingerhut charges customers twice as much for their products. Before applying for a card I decide to do my research and I'm glad I did. You can literally buy the products on Amazon 4 less. They had the Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Toy on Fingerhut for around $170.00, on Amazon it's on $64.00. Unless you just really don't mind throwing tons of money down the drain, do not get this card to attempt to rebuild your credit.

Fingerhut Company Information