Fingerhut

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least. I have been a long time customer of Fingerhut, I purchased a Dell laptop not too long ago and in the few months that I have had it, it seems as though everything has gone wrong with it. The day that I received the package from UPS, I had opened the box to find that the PC had been bouncing around with no protection, they didn't even put paper in the box. I called the company to express my concern, only to be hung up on. I have had the laptop for just over 6 months I believe and so far the battery pack no longer keeps a charge, and the cd/dvd drive no longer reads my software, and I still owe a little over a grand. I did try and let the company know about the issues that I have had, but they informed me that there was nothing that they could do. I will be paying off this debt and closing my account.

I had a perfect payment history with Fingerhut ever since I opened my account with them, having set my account up to take a payment 3 weeks before the due date. This had been going along quite well, never a problem. And then last month there were problems at their end, and then again this month. I went online, looked at what was going on.

According to my bank, Fingerhut had made no attempts to get the automatic payment I had set up for the 6th day of each month, nor after, since the last payment they received in June. Fingerhut, for their part, is claiming my bank is rejecting the payments due to insufficient account balance "NSF." Of course, if there were an NSF, I would know pretty quickly, as my bank would call me AND send out an immediate statement that day. An NSF with my bank is $38 for the first one, and if my account goes below zero, an additional $8/day, so this is something I avoid no matter the cost to myself. There were no such fees, because not only was the money in the account, no one had made any attempt to take the money out of the account. My typical end-of-month balance is around $25 each month, just in case I made an error in math, and I have a budget I stick to religiously in my computer.

According to the Fingerhut web site, they have the proper payment information needed to process the payment (usually at least 125% of whatever the stated minimum is, or $75, whichever is higher). While checking to determine what the problem was with the autopayments, I learned that I had rapidly been put over my credit limit for fees related to making a payment by phone, late fees, and over-limit fees. The extent of these fees are such there is no way I can ever get below my credit limit, unless I opt to not pay either my rent or my health coverage for a couple of months.

To add insult to injury, they opted to have the single rudest "collections agent" employee call me yesterday, while I was having a medical crisis related to the most painful nerve injury known to medical science. After about 2 minutes of her abusive conduct, I tersely told her that unless she had an MD or RN after her name, I needed to clear the line so that an expected call from my doctor or her nurse could get through. She asked why I answered the phone then, knowing it was Fingerhut? I responded that she posed an excellent question, instructed her to deal with me in writing from now on, and hung up.

They've been burning up my phone all day, to the point I simply shut the ringers off, as well as the voice mail. If they persist, I may have to block their calls outright. I feel they intentionally did not process these payments in order to justify collecting nearly $100 more each month from me, which is now way outside my budget with them.

I learned today they had already trashed my credit in July, over an alleged late payment made by telephone on the date due, and that years of early payments far more than the minimum balance had not done my credit any good, in some cases using my credit with them actually drove down my score. And now this? I tried to deal with them fairly and honestly, and made them a budget priority, even over food on a couple of really tight months, only to have them turn on me and ruin my credit along the way. My advice to others is to learn from this experience, and do not trust Fingerhut to deal with you honestly.

I applied for credit through Fingerhut. As I was filling out the app I put my permanent address instead of the address I am at now. When I tried to change my shipping address it would not let me do it. So I called CS and they directed me to the fraud dept. They ask you security questions they expect you to remember. Anyway, I sent them proof of residence with a utility bill. So I called to get to the fraud dept. They saw my email but they were so backed up it would take two days to get to mine.

I'm just going to call the credit bureau and ask them if I can take them off my credit and oh they ran my credit three to four times and lowered my score tremendously too, but the credit bureau said they would take care of it for me. I am very mad on how they operate... I mean customer service have been nice but this security issue is ridiculous... I had called another creditor to change my billing and shipping address with no problems. It was totally painless. Do not get involved with Fingerhut. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!! I will deal with AMAZON INSTEAD they're AWESOME!!!

I ordered some couch covers a month ago. Information going thru too many hands, They screwed up my address, never received items, and took my money. Gave me the runaround to credit me 200 dollars, customer service said he had no receipt of payment... When I asked to speak to a supervisor, got hung up on. JERKS!!! I want my money back.

I returned sneakers for a larger size. I spoke to customer service and they sent the package to the wrong state and told me twice that I would get the package and I never DID. And they charged me for the sneakers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

I received a collection call from Fingerhut. They actually called me at work to make it worse. Since my account is not past due, I'm not sure why they have their collection department calling me. I have had a Fingerhut acct for years... always paid on time and they actually embarrass me at work with a collection call on an account that is not past due. WTF is the deal. As soon as I am able, I will pay my account in full and close my account and not ever buy from them again. This is totally unacceptable and I can't believe they treat a long term customer who pays their payments on time this way.

They charged me almost $400. For 2 air guns. One was used and not even in a sealed pkg. The other was a gift for my son in law and he didn't like it. I sent both back and they give me a measly $130 credit out of $400. I am so so angry. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They are the biggest rip off I have ever seen.

Last Sunday at 5 pm, I ordered online 2 external hardware T2. Because the total amount was $ 346 they offered a free gift. When I complete every steps to submit the order I notice that there was impossible to make an upgrade of the address or billing information, and the package was directed to wrong address. I lose my equipments, lost my money, but the thing doesn't end here, I called customer services on sunday. Monday, Tuesday and every people that work there was so unprofessional, liars.

They tell me that my address was fixed and I'll received my packet in home but 5 minutes later they send me a new email confirming that unfortunately they cannot help me with this issue, but before at phone Last Sunday at 5 pm, I ordered online 2 external hard drive 2TB. They said, "Everything is ok with your shipping." I am an older people and this problem make me feels so frustrated so ignored by them. My opinion NEVER BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY SAY, I am now without my money and my external hardware, frustrating!!! NEVER AGAIN BUY SOMETHING IN FINGERHUT, they are not responsible! This is my advice. Good night!

The absolute worst so called credit building consumer. I had a small 200 limit and charge 130. I paid it off a month early out of the 4 months set. Well they only reported to Transunion and it drop my score by 2 pts just yesterday. They reported my account as a loan and closed it with no notification. Also, I over paid $32 on my account and can't even use it. They are the absolute worst and need to be shut down by the Fair Trade Commission. The company is a complete lie and profit from taking advantage of customers restoring credit. They do not report as a revolving credit and when you challenge them they close your account.

Just got approved for credit and received a catalog yesterday, called about a grandfather clock listed in catalog for 199.99. Called to place order and told me it was 299.99. That the catalog I received was old. Please do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere. Don't fall into this RIP off company. Anything in their catalogs are listed differently than what you will pay when you place your order, and monthly payment will be much higher than listed on products. Nothing but rip offs.

My website page on Fingerhut account. Someone change my physical address and my Email. Charge expensive items was deliver to a warehouse in CA. Fingerhut change my address in my credit bureau report. Was shocked when I knew I was living in CA. The company has my phone number on file. I would had thought a call to verified all those changes in such a short time. When I call the company to notified all those unauthorized charges, I found the representative was rude and not cooperative. That call was on 7-5-2017.

On 7-24-2017 I received a call from Fingerhut that my payment of 68$ was due on the 7-22-2017. The representative didn't had no idea that I call to make a complaint of those charges, then she switched to Fingerhut Fraud Department and also she didn't had a clue of what I was referring to because according to her no notation was on file. Such a rude, incompetent people. Can't wait for the police to investigate this matter starting with the company itself so I can close my account. Lost all my trust, confident in Fingerhut. I should received an apology. No ones need to be victimized by the thieve and again by the company because of their carelessness and neglect.

I ordered a personalized necklace from the site for a total cost of $112.00. After wearing the necklace only two times I noticed it was very weak in construction despite being sterling silver. Needless to say it broke even though I stopped wearing it and stored it in its original box while trying to reach out to customer service. After three attempts to return the item I was finally sent a return label. Unfortunately I was denied a credit or refund due to "unreasonable and excessive wear." I wore the necklace TWICE. I was also notified that they will be disposing of the necklace and that I still owe them $54.00.

I ordered a TV stand for my son. My payments were $6.99 a month. For 4 months I paid $25. My payment of $6.99 was due yesterday. Between yesterday and today I received 8 emails and 7 phone calls wanting my payment. I was going to wait till next week when I got paid to pay another $25. Mind you I only owed $34 total. So I talked to a lady this morning and she said it didn't matter if I overpaid each month by over triple the amount owed. I still had to pay the $6.99. They charged me almost $10 because it is 1 day overdue. So, I paid off the $43 that was owed and told them to close my account. After they argued with me I said "Close it now!" It's paid off. I am done with you people! So my advice, don't use this to boost your credit because if you are 1 day late they send negative info to your credit report. This company is a crook!

Well first off I ordered an iPhone 6s from Fingerhut. I've waited now like to two-and-a-half. 3 weeks the package finally showed up through UPS SurePost and when I open the package all there was inside the box was a piece of bubble wrap and no iPhone 6s. Package was never tampered with during shipping so it was done at the shipper. Now trying to convince Fingerhut that they did not put the product I ordered in the Box before shipping. It is like pulling teeth. It's like you say they say. I am very disappointed. I've already made payments towards the phone on my account and now it sounds like I'm still going to be responsible for what's left even though I didn't, never receive the phone.

I've never had problems with Fingerhut before until now. They use an outside source for their cell phones so they're saying it's not their fault but they won't give you the outside source that they get their cell phones from so you can contact them to let them know I am so angry at this moment. I will never do business with Fingerhut ever again. Then I'm also contacting and filing a complaint with my AG office in my state that I live in and I'm also in contacting my lawyer and filing a lawsuit against Fingerhut. There wasn't even an invoice in the Box but my account has been charged and I have made payments towards it to get the payments down and it sounding like I'm out the payments and still have to pay for the phone even though I never received it. The photos below is what I received

I have had a Fingerhut account now for about a year. At first I thought it was a great idea because of the monthly payments. They said that I would have no late fees and I could even get help if I was to lose my job or any form of income that they would be able to stop my account for a while until I was working again or being able to make payments again. I was allowed $700 of credit from them. I used up to 600 some. I lost my job for a couple of months and applied for the leniency, and was denied. Then I was charged late fees that I was not aware that even existed. When I first signed up they claimed there were none, then when I talk to them on the phone they said it would be no more than maybe $5. I owe about $47 a month on my account and my late fees are up to about $38. All the sudden there's nothing I can do about it.

Again I owed about $690 total on my total account, I paid off up to the point where I had about maybe 400 left, now my account is almost at $900! And there is nothing I can do about it. I'm trying to get a hold of a credit card that maybe can consolidate my debt but I cannot be approved of one yet because I have just started working for my job maybe a month-and-a-half ago. They will not stop with the late fees. They will not stop charging me, I'm paying like three times more for everything that I bought from them and they were not sent to me with quality either. One of the things was a video game that I accidentally ordered the wrong one and I could not even return it to him and it was an $80 video game that I'm now paying for that I have no use for!

This company is an absolute nightmare. I opened an account and placed an order for an item. The site stated that because my address was a PO Box that the item may not ship to me, to update my address to a physical address. I could not do so online with a first order and had to call in, initially not a big deal. The customer service agent I spoke with said there was no need to update the address, the item absolutely could go to a P.O. Box and thus did not update my address. 5 days after the order was placed, I finally receive a call and an email stating that I HAVE to update my address to a physical address or the item will NOT ship.

Okay, tried to call in and the agent said that I could not update the address on my account, that she would send a message to the vendor to relay the change of shipping address to USPS... What?? I pushed further and the agent finally said that they could change the address IF I went through 4 random generated questions to verify my identity. The first question was about a distant relative I have no contact with and I could not answer, thus my identity could not be verified. Yet I gave you my DOB and SSN without issue and that wasn't enough?

I finally told the agent that I just wanted to cancel my order and be done with it. The agent took it upon herself to close my entire account!!! Are you kidding me?! You lowered my credit score with an inquiry AND adding a new account to my credit report just to close it out 5 days later? Evidently now I need to wait 7 days to receive a decision about whether or not they will reopen my brand new account OR make me reapply again. This company is an absolute joke and should be avoided at all costs, especially if you value your credit score.

First off I want to say that I know Fingerhut is in the business of making money. I get that, but Jesus age Christ! I have been looking at this iPad Pro 9.7 inch version (older model). They are charging $830 bucks before tax for the 32GB version. I checked this same model out on Amazon and other stores, and you can get the 32GB version for $420 bucks. Fingerhut is charging DOUBLE the price everyone else is charging AND since your financing with their high-interest-rate, you're paying even more than that. Now the newer model of the iPad Pro is out and it's a 10.5 inch model with way more upgrades and better performance, but even it still costs less that a discontinued model from Fingerhut.

Now for the phone calls. It never fails. Almost 2 weeks before my bill is due I get calls every day from Fingerhut and they leave messages saying they have an urgent message about my account. The first time I called them back to see what was wrong they said they were just reminding me that my bill was due soon and if I would like to go ahead and pay it since we were on the phone already. I cursed that woman out. You don't hassle someone over their bill 2 weeks before the due date. Needless to say I blocked their number.

I decided to order my mom a pair of Sperry Topsiders. I ordered an 11 - as they do not come in half sizes after 9.5 - and to our surprise, they were too big. I completed the return form and had the shoes shipped the very next day (5/24/17). I waited... and waited... and waited (apparently, this process takes anywhere from 10-15 business days). The 15 day mark came and went, so I decided to call Fingerhut to see if I could get any semblance of an answer. Instead, I was told that they had "never received my package, and it was likely stolen in transit", and without any kind of return slip (which I sent back to them) they couldn't help me. I was out the $70 and I wouldn't be receiving another pair, if I chose to, I was more than welcome to fill out an "affidavit" and send it in for the investigation to open, and, if they decided it was so worthy, maybe... just maybe, they'd do something about the issue.

The woman on the other end was rude, hateful, and proceeded to decide our conversation was over - at least, she was over the conversation - so she rattled off a "Thank you for choosing Fingerhut. Goodbye!" and hung up on me. I filled out the affidavit, and sent it in not once, but twice only to be told that without my shipping receipt, they "were unable to proceed". This - again - was the slip is SENT IN with the product. I did a little investigating and finally came about a return delivery tracker and to my surprise, the shoes had arrived at Fingerhut's Warren, PA (#16368) facility at 6:00 pm on June 2nd. I sent this information in (a copy of the return receipt, thanks to UPS) and a screenshot of the tracking info. I called, and - of course, they see I'm right - or so I was assured, but after this call and these emails, I'm still not holding my breath on a resolution. The customer service is abhorrent - all this trouble is NOT worth the convenience.

My mother passed away 2 months ago, and I'm settling her affairs, she had an account with Fingerhut with a very small balance but I had to contact them to notify them of her passing and get the information I needed. The lady I spoke to was very nice at first, apologized for my loss etc. She gave me a hard time in reference to an address on where to send her D.C, but I finally got it and I asked her whom do I send it attention to. She said just Fingerhut and she said nothing else but the death certificate was necessary which I thought was crazy because every other card holder I called had me send it to a specific department who handles the closing of cases etc. So I then asked what the policy is when people pass away. She said, "I don't know ma'am. I can't give you that information at this time." I said I wasn't looking for specific account information I already had that all just an answer to their policy.

She began telling me how I'm a 3rd party and that they can't give out account information to 3rd parties. I began to get very upset at this point because it's already emotional when I'm 23 and my mother is gone and I am the one handling all her affairs but I simply asked the lady how them telling me a policy the company holds is specific account information. I want to know your policy not her account number, not her balance nothing that only contains to her but the company policy on what happens when people pass. The manager even got on the phone after I requested her transfer me 5 times and she finally huffed and puffed and got him.

Took 45 minutes on hold for him to answer and I told him the same thing and he said, "You're a 3rd party, you have to wait to send us the death certificate." I said "Sir, the death certificate tells you she died. Just like me it doesn't tell you anything less so why can't you say what your policy is." He said, "We aren't allowed to tell 3rd parties." So I wound up hanging up because everyone was rude and contradicting themselves by saying that they couldn't inform a 3rd party of someone else's case but after they receive her death certificate I can call back and "try" to get my questions answered then.

Well Fingerhut obviously doesn't want my mother's $167 dollars and they won't get it either. Seriously recommend never get anything from this company! They don't even understand or know half their rules and regulations. I had no issue finding out the other credit card company's or medical companies etc. policies following a death so that the family can arrange these things! Outrageous.

I am paying for $1758.98 from 11/26/2015 and currently I still have to pay this amount $1409.24. Something is not right. Fingerhut is a scam, customer service does not answer my questions I need help with this company. I am paying for this order more than two years ago ** 11/20/2015. I sent this order back and nobody knows where it is.

This company is the worse company to try and build credit. My CC number changed, I called and changed them with it. The rep did not apply the auto-pay back on. And I went 1 day late. I called them to rectify the situation and explained the rep did not place back on. Why would I go back in there and add it for 8 dollars for just change CC. They TRIED to ruin my credit for $8.00. I say run from them do not use them at all...

Fingerhut charges way too much in interest. Even when you are a (great customer), their term, they never even offer to lower your interest rate. They also mark up the products they sell way too much. Just look up the prices of the products they sell elsewhere and you'll see what I mean. Their customer service people are all in a foreign country and are of no help. They offer (temporary credit line increases) that will only become permanent if you buy more stuff and remain in debt to them. They claim to offer sitewide discounts but look at the disclaimer to find out that most stuff on their site isn't included in the discounts. And if you chose the (no payments until) scam they sometimes offer you will find out you will be paying interest on the product until payments start. That's just a way for them to make even more money off of you. Seriously, you are better off saving your money until you can afford to purchase items outright.

The customer service is horrible! I ordered my item in May and they never sent the item. Each day I called they gave me the runaround, then they did not want to accommodate me in any way! Items are already overpriced, this was a Father's Day gift and I ordered it in weeks in advance. Some of the people could not barely speak or understand English... I am pissed and advise all not to patronize this company!

My grandmother ordered a tablet from this company and returned it. When she attempted to confirm her return, she received minimal assistance and in one case was even hung up on. We eventually reached someone to assist us with this issue, but they too had a poor engagement with us - using sharp tones of voice and were impatient. This company needs to train its representatives on how to deal with elderly customers, which I'm sure is a big part of their consumer base. My grandmother will not be shopping there again.

I had the account awhile and my credit limit went up to 1500 and I was late 2 days for the first time and they took my limit down to 400. When I ask why they said credit score changed but I only got a letter after I called. Seem they would just not give me another increase instead of dropping it, customer service wasn't any help. One person told me to talk to someone else. Talk to 3 people before I got a answer.

So I applied for a Fingerhut card and I had no problem with the application however I recently moved so they sent me an email request to show I actually lived there. Sent my electric bill they stated that it didn't show my correct address in an email so I called and that is where everything went wrong. I spoke with a lady who told me I didn't fill out the credit app correctly. She then preceded to scream at me telling me that it was not her fault I couldn't fill out a simple credit app. Believe it if you will, but I maintained my temper and asked her to stop speaking to me in a negative and unprofessional way. I then told her not to worry I really didn't need the card anyway. I can always put what I want on my discover or amex card. I even told her to have a great day not to worry about it. This even made her more aggravated.

My credit score is in the 700's and to top it off the address was an address from 3 years ago. My computer fills out my info automatically, it's a new computer. I have no idea where it came from but even further more a very nice guy called me a few days before and confirmed that my info was correct and informed me that he was sending me an email and send the info he requested, it showed correct on his but not hers. Hmmm (Don't do business. It's a blessing I saw this side of them before I opened this account).

I opened a fresh start account. My credit increased due to opening a new account. Great! After paying off my items with every payment being 10 days early they closed and reopening a new fresh start account. Closing accounts decreased my credit by more points than the opening of a new account in the first place.

Husband and I both have accounts, I pay at same time with one check and both payment stubs enclosed in envelope. They call me every time I use one check to make payment and say I didn't make my payment, then charge late charge. Clearly it is marked on the check and both payment stubs are included. I do not always have the extra check that month to send, but regardless it is paid every month, I can't wait till all accounts are paid and I will be DONE with this company!!!

I've never in my life experience anything like this. Y'all need to have training on your employees. I was going to use my card yesterday but I got disrespected by one of your employees. I tried to order a patio set but the lady had told me it cost 175 but I was telling her the book I'm looking at states the patio cost 164. She said, "We don't go by that. It's probably old." I said, "It's not old. The book states Spring 2017." Do y'all know she hung up on me!!! When I called back I ask to speak to a manager by another employee. They hung up, too. So guess what? I'm closing my account. It's not about what you, it's How you Do It!!! Remember that!!!

Fingerhut is great. My credit has improved and I love the merchandise I bought. My one complaint is that their shipping processes is a little slow, 10 day average which I guess isn't that big a deal to me but some may cry about it. Anyways, good company.

Fingerhut Company Profile