1.1/5 (64 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I got the card over a year ago. Never used it. They dink 20 some points on my credit report. I never used the card at all. No balance. They did that to my credit cause I didn't use the card. It was high prices. I just had it in case of emergency. Well they took my credit back and card. Total bull crap customer service. Fraudulent to get you in the card.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I am so pissed at the fact that I was misinformed so many times. The error that was caused on Fingerhut oversight totally poor consumer service and the fact that the staff was totally not on the same page. I called more than 6 times and was on the phone over an hour each time. When all this could have been avoided from the start. I just hope that when my returns are received by your company, that my account is credited accurately and correctly. I wasted a half of day dealing with fingerhut on yesterday. I am so disappointed with fingerhut, I just want to close my account.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Just watch them with the "payment due dates" on the website. I will be 100% on-time making my monthly payments and then all of sudden I'll log in and it will tell me I'm past due for the current month that I already paid, and even though I just logged in literally the day before and absolutely NOTING was due, let alone PAST DUE. In my experience, if I just wait a few days and don't pay what it is telling me I owe, the next time I log in, that "past due" amount and date mysteriously vanish, and now the amount and date due is for the next month (as it should be), with NOTHING past due. It's like they momentarily trick you into thinking that you missed a payment just so you freak out and pay it. And when you do, it goes towards principle and interest, and your next month's payment will still be due in less than 30 days.

So essentially they are trying to get you to make two payments a month with the shady way it is set up. I totally get that we should be trying to pay more than the minimum amount due and in a perfect world we'd all love to make double payments each month, but it's not a reality for many. Furthermore, it's really misleading and off-putting how they operate. No other credit card/account I have displays this trickery. Given both the shady practices and the terrible interest rates, and I will be so glad when this account is paid off so I never have to look at it again. I get that I signed up for it knowing what the rates were, but honestly... If you're thinking of boosting your credit by signing up for Fingerhut...DO NOT! And "Fingerhut" is also just a really terrible name for a business that needs to be reevaluated. Lol.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

They tout this company as a way to rebuild credit but it’s nothing of the sort. The interest fees are astronomical as every over-minimum payment I made resulted in the exact same balance. Every time I ordered shoes (3), they sent me the smallest size available. The third pair is when I missed the return deadline and when I looked them up to resell privately, they were actually less than 1/2 the cost Fingerhut charged. Scam. This is a scam. Don’t do it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Do not buy anything from this company. They overcharge for everything. They lure you in because you have poor or no credit. Then, when you purchase things on their website, the finance charges are outrageous! Around 30%. Please be aware of this. It will take you forever to get your bill paid off. You are better off getting a sub-prime credit card. If you made the mistake of getting an account with them and made several purchases on credit, pay off the account as soon as possible, so as not to incur anymore finance charges.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Ordered a four-person pop up dome tent, to go camping of course. Upon receipt, we set it up in the living room and instantly noticed how thin and cheaply the material was made. If you saw it, you would never set this up outside or in the woods. It looked more like a toy that a child would play with in the bedroom, not a tent you would actually camp in the woods with. A falling leaf may actually penetrate it. It was so flimsy, I was very careful to disassemble and put back in the box for fear of breaking it. $40 to return it. They sell Chinese made garbage garbage...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Fingerhut is the biggest scam. I have gotten my credit up to as far as 733 and everytime it went down LARGE AMOUNTS OF NUMBERS was always due to FINGERHUT! I’m a credit monitor, and I’d expect for 5 to possibly 20pts down, but as large as 50+ from purchasing to supposedly “rebuild credit” is absolutely asinine!!!! How is a company that claims buying with them “ is an opportunity to build credit” but they lower your points drastically every purchase. Then while you pay it off it doesn’t even give you the same amount they knocked off your credit !! They literally give 5pts versus the 30+ they take from you. It’s a scam and a lie. Not to mention it’s a major rip off. You can shop for ANYTHING on there and their prices are far more expensive than it is when you go to any other store, and I mean for something as little as perfume..they overcharge. THIS WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT!

To go from Good Credit back to Fair credit (ALL MOSTLY DUE TO FINGERHUT) is so unreal, other things that impacted my credit were things I easily recovered from, I was able to get whatever I wanted but was always very responsible. Now monitoring my credit and how it’s UNDER 680 and I’ve been paying off fingerhut but to no avail, they’re not building it whatsoever. Once I pay it off, I’m NEVERRRR using it again. I’m not even going to close it. I’ll wait till they close it due to inactivity, and I’ll just build up whatever I have to build after that because I can honestly say that Fingerhut has been the sole downfall of my credit. It’s disgusting they’re getting away with harming people’s credit, I’m seriously thinking bout a petition or lawsuit. They deserve it. I’m not the only one having major issues with this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

My fiancé bought me a engagement ring from them a while back and one of the stones which is cubic zirconia broke out. Not very good product at all. He paid a lot for it. I do not recommend buying from them at all. Needless to say I can no longer wear this expensive mistake again. Will not repeat will not waste money buying from them again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

**Finger Huts review**. I bought a gaming PC. It arrived pre-opened and with stickers restuck. It had software issues and PC errors from the beginning. Possible tampering, even a Trojan perhaps. Because the error message would re-open and it was not fast. Game settings were changing back automatically, and then the whole system would begin to leak like liquid coolant... I could even notice it physically... like impacting my health. Including odor and full body sweats. Zero stars for Finger Hut... I would never recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I used Fingerhut to boost my credit and buy a few things for Christmas. It started out fine, had the payments come out of my checking account monthly. 1st they sold me two phones that was 4g which are no longer viable with a 5g service change. I called to see if I could have the phones replaced, they advised that I contact Samsung for replacement. Samsung stated they were out of warranty. Called Fingerhut back and they said there is nothing they could do though I must continue to pay for something I can't use totaling $741.00. Then they opened a second account in my name without permission under Fetti which I will never use, added credit but effected my credit score negatively because it stopped auto deduction of my payments without my knowledge. Which caused late payments on my credit.

I called to resolve the issue five times but it would hang up before the call could be completed each time. Finally got through months later, only to speak with someone who barely spoke English and asked to speak with a supervisor only to be told they would call me back....mercy. This was the worst Company I have EVER used. Products, customer service, credit all are subpar and lacking any professionalism. The credit provided is not worth the headaches. I would not suggest Fingerhut be used by ANYONE. Avoid at all cost! Issues are STILL unresolved.

Fingerhut Company Information