3.5/5 (510 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: July 25, 2021

In July 2021 I ordered a Blu Ray system and a slow cooker.. I was told the date that it would be delivered. I waited all day for my package. I received a text message that the package had been delivered. After contacting Fingerhut they refused to take my word that I hadn't gotten the package..The total of both items cost me over three hundred dollars. I asked them describe my house they refuse to listen to me. I rate them a zero on delivery. I'm a Retired Military Veteran. Why do I need to steal? I'm afraid to order from them again. Maybe the same thing will happen.. Amazon takes pictures of their delivered items. I will recommend that no one order from Fingerhut.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Please avoid. Fingerhut charges customers twice as much for their products. Before applying for a card I decide to do my research and I'm glad I did. You can literally buy the products on Amazon 4 less. They had the Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Toy on Fingerhut for around $170.00, on Amazon it's on $64.00. Unless you just really don't mind throwing tons of money down the drain, do not get this card to attempt to rebuild your credit.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I have had an account with Fingerhut for a couple years now and have always paid my bills on Time and made extra payments. This past month having a few medical problems looked at the calendar wrong and paid 1 day late. I was charged a service charge the same amount as the payment amount that was due and my credit score shows it went down 54 points. As soon as I have a zero balance I will be closing my account. I have never had that happen before. I know it's my fault for not looking at the date correctly but don't understand the big drop in points.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Fingerhut must go and find some of dumbest people in the world to handle their customer service. If you wanna pissed all day call their customer service line. They can hardly speak english on top of you repeating yourself over and over again, It's draining. I usually just hang up and try later which it gets worse. Please fix your customer service and your high prices. My god!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2021

I have had a credit account with Fingerhut for a while. I make all my payments early. I have graduated from fresh start and have a good credit limit. However, whenever I have tried to order something in the last six months, they will not let me check out. They say to call them and verify my personal information before I order. I have done this and still when I am trying to order a gift for family they do this. They have done it several times. Do not expect to order a last minute gift because they will throw a wrench in it. I have been a model customer and I am having these problems. They do not do this to my mom who also has an account! It is ridiculous! They call me to tell me I have a temporary credit line increase over and over and yet here we are again! I will not order one more thing and I am going to pay off my balance. Never again!

Original review: July 3, 2021

I purchased the Chef's Mark 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven from Fingerhut on 4/7/2020. In a little over a year, the microwave has suddenly started sparking and smoking. Obviously, I have discontinued using it. I contacted Fingerhut to report the situation and was told that it was nothing they could do. Obviously, there is a problem with the product. Up until now, it has been working fine, but too all of a sudden to start sparking as if it's about to explode points to an issue with the product. A $185 microwave should not stop working after a year. In my opinion, Fingerhut should have offered some type of remedy for the situation. I will not be ordering any more from Fingerhut if this is how they treat their "loyal customers".

Original review: July 2, 2021

I opened a Fingerhut Fresh Start account in June. I placed my order and paid my deposit. I set my account up to have the minimum amount due taken from my account on the first of every month. My balance on my account was $218.00. On July the first my minimum amount due was $0. Fingerhut debited the entire amount due on the first even though they were only authorized to debit my card for the minimum amount due.

I contacted customer service. I was told that I would be issued an immediate refund and my account status would remain the same. I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not remain the same. I called customer service again. I was told that time that I requested the entire amount be debited from my account. I informed the person that I only authorized the minimum amount due for July to be debited from my account. I was told that I would not get a refund and my account status would remain paid in full my credit limit $0. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that it was not necessary for me to talk to a supervisor. The person hung up.

I called back and was told that I would get an immediate refund and my account status would be restored to its previous state. Again I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not get restored to its original status. I called a fourth time and again was told that I requested the full amount to be debited from my account. I asked again to speak to a supervisor and again was told that it was not necessary for me to speak to a supervisor and again they hung up. Avoid this company unless you want to be lied to and have your money stolen from you.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I would not recommend anyone to get an account with them. I went to make another purchase and it showed they closed my account. I called and stated that I have made a purchase within 6 months and that I'm not understanding why because I was told and the the whole 7 years I've been a customer I've always just made 1 purchase a year. The supervisor replied "Well we can close your account at anytime." So I asked again why when I've always paid balance in full before due date to avoid interest charges, NEVER late and was making purchases. Why would they do a loyal customer like this.

She again stated "We can close your account anytime without reason" and I told her, "You said it was closed to inactivity so now you're saying they just closed a loyal customer account because you can." I feel that I was treated unfairly and shouldn't have to get another hard pull on my credit to open another account and have to worry about them just closing it because they can when they want.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I had been with Fingerhut for quite a few years to build my credit as they say. I paid off my account and then decided to purchase a smart TV and then all hell broke loose. The tv came cracked on April 13th, was picked up a few days later, it is now June 18 and still has not been credited back to my account. Now they say I am behind in my payments, WTH!!?

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have never gotten anything but cheaply made and defective products from Fingerhut. The first item I ever bought from them was a smart tv that was defective. Many of the functions on the TV just did not work at all. The second product I bought from them was a laptop that wouldn't even turn on. I was sent a completely broken and useless laptop. I sent it back and they gave me the credit back, thankfully.

The third thing I bought from them was a wireless charger for my phone. I thought at least this product was simple enough and it couldn't possibly go wrong. I was wrong. It doesn't charge my phone at all. All it does is keep it from completely dying. After I pay off this worthless charger, I am NEVER going to buy anything else from Fingerhut ever again. I don't care how much credit they give me. If you're looking to build credit, you're better off putting a down payment on a secured card and purchasing a quality product from anywhere else. Nothing they have is worth going into debt for. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Fingerhut Company Information