1.2/5 (53 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: May 18, 2022

I wanted to order something from their new Fetti program but I just found out if order anything not only I will have to pay the monthly payments on the new account I will also have to pay off the balance from the closed account and I was told that the account's balances are not transferable.

Original review: May 16, 2022

This company is a scam! My account was paid off! By the time I realized they sent it to collections they said there is nothing they can do because they no longer have the account. Wow! Disputing it didn't even help. It has been years. They have harassed me to the point where I will have no choice but to pay it. It's really sad to pay it twice!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I had a Fingerhut account a while ago that was paid off and has not been used. I got a notification from the credit bureau that a new Fingerhut Fetti account had be opened in my name and I did not authorize it and immediately disputed it with the credit bureaus. I called Fingerhut Fetti and was told that they had switched from Fingerhut Advantage to Fingerhut Fetti and that they had did a hard inquiry against my credit and they apologize but if I make a purchase and pay it on time as I pay it over that over time my credit score would increase as well. That is totally unacceptable. I do not advise anyone to ever do business with them as this has really hurt those that are trying to build and others like me that already had good credit and just didn't want it to be affected for no reason. Beware of this company!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I've had an account for 15yrs. Have a high credit line and have used it, never late. If you value your credit score, do NOT use FH. Over the years, they increase your credit line (increases your score) if you're active, and they reduce it (lowering your credit score) if you don't stay in debt with them. NOW, they changed their accounts to what is called a "Fetti" account, which showed up on my credit report as a new account, LOWERING my credit score. I never asked for a Fetti acct and if "they" need to make changes in their company, to provide credit??? It should NOT impact existing customers or their credit.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I started a Fingerhut account many years ago and was trying to build my credit. Things were great until Fingerhut sold out and ran my credit twice without my permission. This act is illegal, they hurt my credit and took 10 pts away. I've worked too hard for that. I have spoken to the company and written many emails about this and had zero progress resolving this issue. Now I have to contact credit companies and dispute this. I am also going to contact an attorney. I told them to fix this issue and close all my account, because they tried to make a new one without permission. Not a thin dime until it's fixed. This company is a fraud and will not help your credit at all.

Be aware, they are not a helping company. They will share your personal info everywhere and there's nothing you can do. Stay away from them unless you don't care about your hard earned credit. Don't be fooled by them. Ok, I'm done for the moment but promise to keep helping the public stay away from CRIMINALS like Fingerhut. Don't be scared by their saying they help you, they don't. Be well.

Original review: May 5, 2022

THIS IS INTERESTING - Back in 2016, I was undergoing some personal issues in my life. So, my personal credit took a major turn/hit. After reviewing what Fingerhut offered, I went ahead and applied for their credit terms knowing that their products were overpriced. But it was a way for me to rebuild my credit profile. So, I applied, they granted me $600.00. Then I ordered about $130.00 worth of products. Then I immediately pay them back and they increased my credit available to $1,200.00. So, I made a few more purchases and always paid off the entire balance every time. They kept saying, you have available credit, and I didn't have to pay it off. They insisted that I stay in debt with them over and over again. Then, they increased my credit available to $1,600.00. I called them and asked them to keep my credit available to only $1,200.00. So, they did but not without putting up a fight.

So, since 2016, my credit profile is back up in the 745 range. But after them reporting my pay status as excellent, after me always paying them off completely, after me ordering a few times and overpaying for their items, after me referring others that were trying to rebuild their own credit, Fingerhut decided to close my account on April 2022. Yes, my credit score took a hit by 8 points. Their reason was, I didn't commit myself to stay in debt. Other words, they were not making any profits from my own credit behavior. Now, since I realized and identified their tactics, their objectives, I can only give them the lowest recommendation. This company is considered dishonest, distasteful and very tacky and SHOULD NOT ever be considered by anyone trying to rebuild their credit file.

"The main objective is simple --- if you do not become a slave --- to our offerings, ---then we must terminate our relations with you" --- May God of all Creation, bless this Operation, touch their hearts, touch their souls and show mercy towards them. It's true, man's heart is wicked above all things. This is a great example of course. So, my prayer for Fingerhut is this: Father, of heaven and of earth, I forgive them. Shalom! Rebuch Haba, B'shem Adonai!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought an Xbox from Fingerhut. They delivered it to the wrong address and I called them immediately. I was told multiple times that they would remove it from my account, but it has been 6 months and now they've sent it to collections. Everything I call I have to explain everything all over again and the customer service rep tells be to wait 3-5 bullishness days and it should be removed but it never is. I am suing them for fraud. Don't buy from them!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I got this account of $300, with $30 down, to rebuild my credit. I was fully aware that any purchase I made would have a price tag that’s almost double of the MSRP. I ordered a hairdryer & paid the $30 down. After about a month I received my order but at this point my account showed “no payment due”. I learned that payment dates are typically around the 6th of each month so I proactively made a payment the following month, still while my account showed “no payment due”…I was bound and determined to not let Finger Hut sabotage my credit score.

After that first payment (made in November 2020) my online account finally listed a due date of DECEMBER 6 for my FIRST payment. I was stoked that I had already made the December payment & assumed that by doing so my next payment would be due in January, which I also paid. But no, they reported me to the credit bureau for missing a payment in December, which made my credit score fall EIGHTY points overnight. And I still can’t get this off my credit history/reports…almost 2 years later.

Original review: March 22, 2022

This company lowered my credit for no justifiable reason. I have an excellent payment history with them and a low utilization rate. Yet, they still reduced my credit 700 points. They raised my credit to 2200 then reduced it down to 1500 because I didn’t purchase more products with them. The effect caused my utilization to increase with the credit bureaus. They temporarily increase your credit for good payment and activity, then decrease it if you are trying not to accrue more debt. It’s a shame that the American government allow these horrible business practices to continue in challenging times like these. Does this agency look into these matters and do anything about it? That’s the question!

Original review: March 21, 2022

Just before Christmas 2021, Fingerhut simultaneously gave $200 credit to a identity thief using my name and sold them a product (Bluetooth speaker) for about $180 — sent to a drop box in east Orange, NJ. I reported this to the police in my town when I discovered this and other fraudulent activity two weeks later, via my credit report. Fingerhut has been harassing me ever since, which apparently is their modus operandi. Their most recent invoice, 2.5 months after their bogus sale, is for $256.85. Consumers should do the math before they get anywhere near having anything to do with this predatory outfit.

Fingerhut Company Information