3.4/5 (507 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: June 13, 2021

I bought 2 Fitbits watches from Fingerhut and later returned them by mail before the return date expiration date. Fingerhut customer service said they never got the item and I was not credited the refund to my account. I did not use their return label. I just paid with cash at the Usps and shipped it off. I've been with fingerhut for well over 5 plus years. They were not helpful. They didn’t even take into consideration my loyalty. With being a loyal customer I mean I’ve referred friends and family to them and even my own father referred me to them and he’s been with them for years. I wouldn't take a change on this company even if it was free. They treat long term valued consumers like crap. Still to this day they supposedly have not got my shipment back and totally stop all contact with me about the matter. This was last year November 2020. Horrible nightmare so I’m without watches or my account being refunded. Totally screwed

Original review: May 18, 2021

I thought it was odd when It said approved for a 250 credit line and I quickly found a 300$ playground thingy for my son. Glad I came here and saved myself. My Nanny always told me they were crooks. Now I'm gonna order it from MACY'S for half the price: &.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Review on receiving broken TV, so they are sending me the new TV but until they get the other TV they reported to the credit bureau that I am over my limit that they charged me until they received the broken TV back which lowered my credit score 31 points and nobody will do anything about it. It should’ve been a simple replacement. Instead it lowered my credit score 31 points, After taking years of building my credit with Fingerhut now it’s screwed up. I do not recommend.

Original review: May 15, 2021

With the price you pay for shipping they should fly the stuff to your house. I don't understand why the cost is so high and the shipping is so slow. This is the only place I order from with such a delay in shipping.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I paid all my payments on time or early. I ordered from them, even though it was very overpriced, to build my credit. I paid my last payment 2 months ago and I don't see a change. So now I'm stuck with a couple of junk items and no better off. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Recently Experian suggested I try Fingerhut as a small credit source. I opened an account and never used it until now when I wanted to buy. But they had my old shipping address. I could not change it online and I called customer service twice and they could not complete the task. One agent even said she needed additional verification of my identity and asked for my SSN over the phone. One should never give one's SSN some call center in India, unless you want your identity stolen. Consequently twice the agent said there was a prompt error on their computer and to call back in a couple hours. Which I did and went through the same thing with the agent saying to call back in a couple of hours. I don't want to do business with such a sleazy organization as this. They cannot even pronounce English correctly so they are using a third rate calling center.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Fingerhut is nice when you don't have money and need to buy something like I use for a couple of Christmases but expect higher costs for products and high interest rates. When I attempted to set up automatic payments monthly my automatic payment date was after the due date and charged me $40 late fee for over a year monthly and refunded nothing! I will never order from them again!

Original review: March 24, 2021

If you want to be on Lock Down, join Fingerhut. You can Never leave this company, even on good terms, without screwing up your credit. I joined this company in 2012 just to order something I liked on their website and paid the whole balance off at the end of the month. I decided I no longer wanted this account so I closed it on good terms. A month later, I noticed a closed account on my credit score and a negative of a few points on my FICO score due to the closing of this account. It is now 2021 and that crap still shows up on my credit report as closed with 0-late payments, 0-unpaid payments, etc....WTF! How do these people even have the power to keep so-called bad credit on the credit bureau websites for over 11 years now. Maybe Fingerhut is owned by the credit bureau, who knows. Stay away from these dummies unless you plan to stay with them FOREVER!

Original review: March 23, 2021

So I got a Fingerhut account. I was sign up for something called Safe Line. It is billed on my fingerhut account. I made serval calls to find out how I got it and how to stop it. The customer service people just keep telling me they will send a request. It has been on my account for months. It 30 a month so I just pay for everything but that or the minimum if I have no purchase that month. I want it off my account and refunded what was already on there. It has been a nightmare. I ask to speak with a supervisor but there never is one available, but I am told they will call me back. That does not happen. Wish I never sign up for this card.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I'm not sure if this is how it always is, but I had a rather confusing experience, in my case Customer Support had me going back and forth for almost week because they had rather poor engagement with my question. They then basically referred me to the website help guide and failed to explain to me why legal restrictions prevented shipping of literally any item tested in my cart to my country, which is U.S. territory and available to ship to on the website (Fingerhut ships to my country).

They claimed UPS does not ship flammable materials, which I suppose included bed sheets, all clothing, all jewelry, hard drives, video games, toys and tools which gave me the same error on every single item I tested individually. They then told me (on the 5th back and forth) once they actually gave a seemingly automatic response that was somewhat relevant to check my country's guidelines, but I have ordered from multiple internet stores without any problem, there are no such restrictions on said items unless Fingerhut laces all their products with flammable liquids and thermite. Like I said they have had poor engagement with me and don't seem to analyze my question at all over email, they seem to respond with cookie cutter automatic-like messages and I wonder if there is a human answering at all.

Also worth mentioning, I tried using the phone support and they said they had no control over it and said that "certain" items could not be shipped to my country, which of course involves almost everything, they were not clear and seemed to not understand what was happening on the phone, but the lady on the phone actually understood my issue and I think she tried as best she could but simply didn't seem to have the training for the specific question.

When I asked why they said they had no control over it, which does not answer the question, also worth mentioning, each time I have called the response was very quick at least. Then finally, some hope, there was this one pair of sneakers that I was able to add to my cart, this leads me to believe it may have something to do with drop shipped items vs items shipped by Fingerhut, for those who do not know some items are shipped by the supplier directly, these suppliers may be under legal restrictions preventing them from shipping directly to you, which causes problems for some countries.

This is of course like they said beyond their control, however the low rating is due to the poor communication and me having to be the one to come to this conclusion, I pieced it together when they told me it was "legal" restrictions, that it was out of their control and that they claimed it may not be all items, no further elaboration than that was provided to my recollection, I am also yet to see a filter on their website that separates drop shipped items from in-warehouse items, or a filter that shows what you can actually add to your cart. All in all this could have been a lot faster should they have answered my original question instead of dodging it and referring me to the help section, or by telling me they don't ship flammable items without thinking twice about the claim they just made and ignoring the context by email. Just remember if you are outside of the 48 states a lot of items may not ship to you even if you are U.S. territory.

Fingerhut Company Information