1.1/5 (59 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

So I ordered some video games for my daughter for Christmas and let her open her presents early because she was going back to Texas with her mom. I purchased 4 video games for her Nintendo Switch. 1 of the 4 video games DID NOT contain the game inside the case. I’ve never had anything like this happen before and I was very upset due to the fact I paid extra to have them shipped sooner so she could have her presents before she went back to a Texas! I called customer service and explained my situation and all I have to say is I’m completely satisfied with the help I received from Angel employee ID# **. Not only did she make things right she was very kind and understanding of this mistake made my the manufacturer! She made my little girls Christmas by making sure she got her favorite game back! Thank you Angel ** for all that you do, we greatly appreciate you! Will definitely be a continuing customer for years to come!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I submitted my utility bill for verification. It has my street address on the bill and doesn't include the P.O. Box number just my street address so I was denied. I make between forty and fifty thousand dollars a year. Their loss.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I’ve had my Fingerhut account open for years and I’ve always paid them on time and I haven’t purchased anything in over a year because I’m trying to pay them down before buying anything else. But every time I check my balance it seems like it goes up instead of down! I recently moved so I had to change my address, then I went to try to buy something and it said I couldn’t so I called and they said because I changed my address that now I have to verify my identity and it’ll take 10 days. So after 10 days I still couldn’t buy anything so I called again and they told me they haven’t verified my identity yet!!!! Now I don’t want to buy anything else. I just want to close my account and never deal with them again. They’re lucky that I’m even buying anything from them because they’re overpriced. It’s only convenient around the Holliday but it’s really not worth it because you’ll be paying them off your whole life!!! Stay away from the company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I had a over payment due to me from July. I wasn't never inform or refunded. Now I just reopen my account and made a new purchase, and my 1st payment is now due. Fingerhut taken my overpayment and put toward my purchase and I still have to make the payment that's now due, when they could have easily taken the 1st payment out of the overpayment, instead of still having me to make another payment. That's what I call unfairly. Overpayment was my money to do what I wanted to. Thank you. PATRICIA **

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I bought my daughter an ankle bracelet, I had Fingerhut ship the Item to her address. She never received the item. Fingerhut said she had to file a Police report, she did. I mailed all the documents to Finger. They denied my claim because I was 4 days late turning in the documents. (Due to me being in hospital). They said I still had to pay for ankle bracelet. whoever delivered it did not ask for a signature, when I ask Fingerhut why they didn't get a signature they said because I didn't ask for one. If a company is delivering Jewlry, don't you think that would be one of their requirements. so, I had to pay for an item that was NEVER delivered to her. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FINGERHUT AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

The fresh start account is a scam. They take your order then cancel it and charge your bank account double!! PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! THEN THEY TELL YOU THEY CAN'T HELP YOU!! RIGHT HERE AT CHRISTMAS!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

They are completely incompetent to do their job. Not only do they like to send you orders you didn't order then they like to do an exchange and send you the same order that didn't belong to you and then give you a problem when you're trying to receive the credit for the items you didn't receive. I would not take a credit line out with these people. They are completely incompetent to do their job. Horrible service. Horrible delivery time. Horrible experience. completely take some five times to actually fix a problem

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I have a 0 balance with Fingerhut, they took additional money from my account (twice), now I have to wait for 7 days for my $ that Fingerhut took from me?, this is a huge mistake on them, closed acct immediately, I'm suffering from fingerhut's mistake, don't recommended this company. This was not a small amount of $, Christmas is 3 weeks away and have bills coming out of my account, unable to cover funds now, and fingerhut doesn't care

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

We received microwave. It was damaged. Would not even sit on counter straight nor would door close. Received another and within a month door won’t latch. Have extended warranty and they have yet to make it right.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have tried Fingerhut twice now. The first time I paid my 30 dollars. Paid my bill off charging me the 30 again. Now they won't ship to a different address. So again a hit on my credit. If they won't ship where I need it to go this is doing me no good. I live in Florida. My grandkids live in Kansas. Why would I have it sent to me and pay again to send it to them. So if someone is thinking about going through this company to send Christmas to others people. It's not worth taking the hit on your credit.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I applied for a Fingerhut account and received a Notice of Credit Denial. Then, I contacted the number to the department that makes the decision. I mentioned there was a freeze on my credit report. Two weeks later, the department looked into the application and approved me with a starter credit line. I made my $30 down payment and paid my bill on time for the next six months. Fingerhut increased my limit removing me from Fresh Start to the Advantage account.

The customer service representatives are very pleasant. I don't recall ever not having someone answer my question. Now, the coupon codes will expire if you don't pay attention customer service can't help. The coupon sends a lot of magazines in random red and blue envelopes. I've accidentally thrown away the good coupons like $200 of a $400 purchase. Write down your catalog number for no payments during a certain timeframe.

I've had my Advantage account for almost four years. The first order I placed I used the entire credit line which isn't recommended. Everything I order from them costs more than $200 total. There are certain items I wouldn't purchase like any single item under $90 unless it's LEGO. The items I have purchased from them is toys or electronics. Remember, Fingerhut is a mail order/online shopping company. They have to mark up items make money. I recommend looking at the payment chart before ordering so there isn't a surprise when you receive a bill.

I've purchased two items that tore up on me a printer and a television/dvd combo. The printer wasn't Fingerhut's fault. It was old when they received the item. Many are unaware that printers can't sit on retailer shelves for long periods of time. They go out of warranty. The television went out because it was plugged into the electrical outlet instead of the surge protector shocked during a storm.

Many new customers aren't aware of the temporary credit line increases. If you use the temporary credit the limit becomes permanent. Now, if you don't use the credit within the timeframe it will hurt your credit score. I've had to learn the hard way when my score decreased 15 points. I took advantage of the $700 temporary credit which made my credit line look better for a person building credit. Fingerhut opened the door for me to have better credit. The temporary credit line increase helped me obtain cards like a Walmart Credit Card and Target RedCard. I've had the opportunity to pay the minimum deposit amount for a secured card. Don't believe all of the negative reviews. You receive what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

My wife bought a gold necklace off Fingerhut and after less than 1 month it started turning green. She notified Fingerhut and they sent her a return label which she printed out and sent the item in Aug today is Oct and they claim to have never received the item and are charging it to me. I don't have the receipt so I'm stuck paying for a necklace I returned that was turning green. ** Fingerhut seriously..

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Post c-19, trouble getting back on my feet. Rent increases but no wage increase. Have to find somewhere else to live. Fingerhut comes along saying they're going to reduce my credit due to inactivity, lowering from 1950 to 1500. This is extortion for they know this will affect your FICO score. I’m paid in full and in good standing, yet they're going to lower my credit for lack of activity. That’s no way to treat a customer, actually it’s unethical and extortion trying to get you to spend money. They’ve lost my business forever.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Hi. I'm writing a first time buyer review about Fingerhut. About a week ago Fingerhut approved me for a 300 dollar credit line and I'm Sooo excited, I bought a new pair of shoes and a mega as seen on TV XL juicer.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

It's bad enough that everything is overpriced, but I've never been late on a payment. Because of the temporary increase that they took back my score plummeted. And they keep doing it. Closing my account.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I wanted a copper pot that they had about a year or two ago. I ordered a few things and then they raised my credit limit to 2k. Of course this made my credit score go up but after I didn't spend the additional amount they lowered my credit limit by 1k and it made my credit score go down. They are not interested in helping people raise their credit score. Once you don't constantly pay horrendous prices for their products they penalize you by lowering your credit limit and in turn they are actually penalizing you for not spending more money with them. When contacting the credit bureau they said they can't tell why your limit dropped so it looks like you are not paying your bill. This is wrong in so many ways and it is a true testament to their preying on people who are trying to raise their scores. I had always paid my bill early or on time and when I pay them off I will not purchase another thing from them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Initially, I opened a Fingerhut account to assist in raising my credit score. It did assist and my credit score is in very good shape now. My account has never been delinquent as payment has been made each month religiously. The due date has never been clear because online it always states "N/A". Today, I received a call stating that my payment was one day late and that Fingerhut doesn't have a grace period. While I'm not disputing their policy, it's not clear why, after years of making payments on varied dates and some later than this that I'd never received a call prior to this month.

When I expressed discontent, she apologized for the inconvenience and stated that I was a "valued" customer. She wanted to arrange payment over the phone, ok, but they had my card number and phone number wrong so I refused payment, and while on the phone with the rep, I made a payment online. She was able to see that payment had been made. She asked if I wanted to be placed on the "do not call list". I agreed and here's the kicker... she then said that I would not be able to make any purchases through Fingerhut unless I reverse the do not call request. Years of never missing a monthly payment after numerous purchases and this is how they treat a "Valued customer".

I've now set up a recurring payment but there's no ability to close the account online myself. I called to speak to a supervisor to discuss the encounter and close the account. The rep tried to dissuade me multiple times. After 32 minutes of those attempts and hold time, he hung up on me. I'm now on hold again. If you need to raise your credit score, look elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I ordered some AirPods a long time ago from Fingerhut, and I swear I ended up paying 4 times as much as it cost to buy a pair brand new in the store! Smh... Stay away from this ** company. You've been warned...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I've had these scam artists for two years give or take and I have never been late on a payment. So last week I missed 1 payment of $77.00 because of the pandemic that we are in and they make my credit go down 32 points and they leave a note saying that they did that because they DON'T THINK that I am going to be able to pay my bill. After being a loyal customer for 2 years. They are disgusting people and I wouldn't recommend my worse enemy because you make one mistake and they ruin your credit after you worked so hard to build it. Also a lot of these reviews must be fake.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Made on time payment for Fingerhut for Years... Made purchase by agreed deadline in order to keep $600 extra line increase opened to me. After purchase, they decreased my credit line by $550 thereby causing my fico score to decrease by 12 points. Got on cell and vented out my frustration on clerk wondering if i was the only victim or if I am dealing with demons from the pit of hell with this company... Hopefully they would keep their end of the bargain and give me back my credit line needed as I am really trying to better myself creditwise as this credit company is suspose to do... not destroy consumers credit report... and restore my good faith in this company and do the right thing and keep their promise as advertised to me by emails sent to me. At least thier products was timely delivered few times and of good quality brand names.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I was told about Fingerhut Fresh Start to help rebuild my credit. They gave me a small fresh start account, I ordered a beautiful but overpriced end table. I've been making payments before my actual due date every month and paying maybe a buck more than the bill. Today, I go to make a payment which would have put me in the position to have just $70 left to pay (which I would've done in two weeks), and boom - payment won't go through. Now, I KNOW I have money - just got paid today, my card info is set in there, but nothing. Paid about four other monthly bills before this one with NO ISSUES. Getting my payment receipts from the other companies just fine.

I called customer service and she confirms ALL of my info and says maybe the website is having payment issues but she can take it over the phone. Fine, let's do it. Then she comes back and says, "No it didn't go through, call your bank." Here's the kicker. I got off of the phone with her and paid ANOTHER BILL WITHOUT ISSUE! So who is the problem with, again? It's not my bank. It's Fingerhut! When I pay this bullcrap off, I do NOT want an increase, and I do NOT want a regular account. Really after reading the reviews here, if I never hear the name Fingerhut again once this is done, it would be TOO SOON.

Original review: July 25, 2021

In July 2021 I ordered a Blu Ray system and a slow cooker.. I was told the date that it would be delivered. I waited all day for my package. I received a text message that the package had been delivered. After contacting Fingerhut they refused to take my word that I hadn't gotten the package..The total of both items cost me over three hundred dollars. I asked them describe my house they refuse to listen to me. I rate them a zero on delivery. I'm a Retired Military Veteran. Why do I need to steal? I'm afraid to order from them again. Maybe the same thing will happen.. Amazon takes pictures of their delivered items. I will recommend that no one order from Fingerhut.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Please avoid. Fingerhut charges customers twice as much for their products. Before applying for a card I decide to do my research and I'm glad I did. You can literally buy the products on Amazon 4 less. They had the Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Toy on Fingerhut for around $170.00, on Amazon it's on $64.00. Unless you just really don't mind throwing tons of money down the drain, do not get this card to attempt to rebuild your credit.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I have had an account with Fingerhut for a couple years now and have always paid my bills on Time and made extra payments. This past month having a few medical problems looked at the calendar wrong and paid 1 day late. I was charged a service charge the same amount as the payment amount that was due and my credit score shows it went down 54 points. As soon as I have a zero balance I will be closing my account. I have never had that happen before. I know it's my fault for not looking at the date correctly but don't understand the big drop in points.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Fingerhut must go and find some of dumbest people in the world to handle their customer service. If you wanna pissed all day call their customer service line. They can hardly speak english on top of you repeating yourself over and over again, It's draining. I usually just hang up and try later which it gets worse. Please fix your customer service and your high prices. My god!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2021

I have had a credit account with Fingerhut for a while. I make all my payments early. I have graduated from fresh start and have a good credit limit. However, whenever I have tried to order something in the last six months, they will not let me check out. They say to call them and verify my personal information before I order. I have done this and still when I am trying to order a gift for family they do this. They have done it several times. Do not expect to order a last minute gift because they will throw a wrench in it. I have been a model customer and I am having these problems. They do not do this to my mom who also has an account! It is ridiculous! They call me to tell me I have a temporary credit line increase over and over and yet here we are again! I will not order one more thing and I am going to pay off my balance. Never again!

Original review: July 3, 2021

I purchased the Chef's Mark 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven from Fingerhut on 4/7/2020. In a little over a year, the microwave has suddenly started sparking and smoking. Obviously, I have discontinued using it. I contacted Fingerhut to report the situation and was told that it was nothing they could do. Obviously, there is a problem with the product. Up until now, it has been working fine, but too all of a sudden to start sparking as if it's about to explode points to an issue with the product. A $185 microwave should not stop working after a year. In my opinion, Fingerhut should have offered some type of remedy for the situation. I will not be ordering any more from Fingerhut if this is how they treat their "loyal customers".

Original review: July 2, 2021

I opened a Fingerhut Fresh Start account in June. I placed my order and paid my deposit. I set my account up to have the minimum amount due taken from my account on the first of every month. My balance on my account was $218.00. On July the first my minimum amount due was $0. Fingerhut debited the entire amount due on the first even though they were only authorized to debit my card for the minimum amount due.

I contacted customer service. I was told that I would be issued an immediate refund and my account status would remain the same. I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not remain the same. I called customer service again. I was told that time that I requested the entire amount be debited from my account. I informed the person that I only authorized the minimum amount due for July to be debited from my account. I was told that I would not get a refund and my account status would remain paid in full my credit limit $0. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that it was not necessary for me to talk to a supervisor. The person hung up.

I called back and was told that I would get an immediate refund and my account status would be restored to its previous state. Again I was lied to. I did not receive a refund and my account status did not get restored to its original status. I called a fourth time and again was told that I requested the full amount to be debited from my account. I asked again to speak to a supervisor and again was told that it was not necessary for me to speak to a supervisor and again they hung up. Avoid this company unless you want to be lied to and have your money stolen from you.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I would not recommend anyone to get an account with them. I went to make another purchase and it showed they closed my account. I called and stated that I have made a purchase within 6 months and that I'm not understanding why because I was told and the the whole 7 years I've been a customer I've always just made 1 purchase a year. The supervisor replied "Well we can close your account at anytime." So I asked again why when I've always paid balance in full before due date to avoid interest charges, NEVER late and was making purchases. Why would they do a loyal customer like this.

She again stated "We can close your account anytime without reason" and I told her, "You said it was closed to inactivity so now you're saying they just closed a loyal customer account because you can." I feel that I was treated unfairly and shouldn't have to get another hard pull on my credit to open another account and have to worry about them just closing it because they can when they want.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I had been with Fingerhut for quite a few years to build my credit as they say. I paid off my account and then decided to purchase a smart TV and then all hell broke loose. The tv came cracked on April 13th, was picked up a few days later, it is now June 18 and still has not been credited back to my account. Now they say I am behind in my payments, WTH!!?

Fingerhut Company Information